2. Movers
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.10/5

Moving APT is a licensed interstate broker equipped with insured moving teams that you can trust to move your belongings quickly, safely and securely. Its team of experts have handled interstate moves across the country for more than 20 years and now work with the most certified movers around. Whether you need commercial or residential relocation services state to state, Moving APT is dedicated to ensuring your move is stress-free.

BOTTOM LINE

Moving APT specializes in long-distance moves and connects customers to its nationwide network of professional movers.

PROS

• Free quotes
  • Corporate relocation services
  • Packing services

CONS

• Third-party movers

Moving APT services

Moving APT secures long-distance movers for residential and commercial customers. As a moving broker, the company matches clients with the best fit from its extensive network of third-party service providers. Moving APT only works with AMSA members and U.S. Department of Transportation-approved carriers.

In addition to residential moves and corporate relocation, Moving APT offers the following services through its partners:

• Packing services: Moving APT arranges for trained, professional movers to securely pack all or some of your belongings.
  • Packing materials: You can purchase packing materials through Moving APT. The company offers boxes, antique wrapping, blankets, padding, tape and other supplies.
  • Moving checklists: Work with one of Moving APT’s consultants to complete a checklist for before, during and after your move. The checklist has tips for making moving day go as smoothly as possible.

Moving APT cost

We went through the process to set up a move from New York to Florida for a small three-bedroom home and were given quotes ranging from $1,650 to $3,150. Quotes for a one-bedroom apartment started at $950. Moving APT quotes include tolls, taxes, fuel costs and all other fees.

Moving APT FAQ

Is Moving APT a carrier or a broker?
Moving APT is a moving broker, not a carrier. This means that Moving APT does not transport possessions, so you won’t see a branded Moving APT truck on moving day. Instead, the company works with a network of nationwide movers and matches customers with one of its partners to perform the move.
How can I be sure I’ll be partnered with a good moving company?
Moving APT only works with bonded and licensed movers registered with the U.S. Department of Transportation. Upon getting matched with a third-party mover, you can look up the company on the USDOT website, which includes recent complaints, licensing status, USDOT number, fleet information and other relevant company information.
Does Moving APT offer any discounts?
Moving APT works with movers that offer discounts for military personnel, seniors and people with disabilities. If you qualify for any of these discounts, mention it during the quote or consultation process.

Do we recommend Moving APT?

The most important thing to understand about working with Moving APT is that it is a broker, not a carrier. The main advantage of working with a broker is that it gives you access to numerous moving companies through one contact. If you want help navigating an overwhelming moving process and don’t know where to start, Moving APT helps you get organized, choose the right moving company and find the best deal.

Moving APT Reviews

Original review: April 7, 2020

I talked to Rachel from Moving APT very frankly and I said I would contact but I was not going to sign up. Also, I said I would call back if I have any questions and asked her to not call me back. There were many other moving companies that kept calling back or emailing and Rachel was the only one who did not contact me. Also, she's very professional about each different steps and then I decided to go with them. When I was first assigned to the moving crew, I looked at the review online and it was not very great. Rachel said that regardless of which moving company I go through, I can always find not very nice comments online, which is true. She calmed me down a little bit and she tried to be very responsive in terms of my requests or my follow-up.

I moved from Alexandria, Virginia all the way to Exeter, New Hampshire. I told Rachel when I ideally would like to get my stuff delivered. I gave them a window and I got very anxious when the moving company did not contact me for a few days. They came one day later than the original and luckily, it was delivered by the last day that I would be available. Then, the company mentioned they would be there in the morning but they did not show up until 4 o'clock, which made me a little upset. They said they needed to go to a big house first. But that house in Maryland took longer than expected and that was why they were much delayed. But as long as I move by that day, that should be fine.

When the moving crew came, they were very professional. They brought the blanket. There was a team of at least three people who worked very hard. It took almost an hour to do all the work. The only thing that bothered me a little bit is I have a chair that costs more than $1,000 and when they picked it up, they just rolled the chair out. I did not see them wrap it up. I received my item and everything was good except that chair was not wrapped up when sent to us. Luckily, it’s not broken.

The process was a little stressful but I'm pretty satisfied with the pickup, procedures, and delivery. I really like Moving APT because they are very efficient. If you Google moving company stories, you can find a lot of bad stories, but it did not happen to me. I'm already very grateful for that part. Also, Rachel mentioned to me she works from 2 o'clock to 9 o'clock every day but sometimes, she is also able to answer my questions when she was not working. I very much appreciate her dedication.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 4, 2020

I had at least five to seven companies that I was trying to shop around and the cost was one of the factors the first time I was ever trying a moving company. There were a couple others that were competitive. But the person I worked with seemed not only knowledgeable about the services, but she also connected well. She seemed like she cared and she had good customer service skills compared to others. She wasn’t trying to play scare tactics. She was only trying to get the quote set so it doesn’t change. She was the least pushy of the ones that I dealt with and she also seemed nice to talk to in general. I went with her on that. And following her, there were a couple others. There was one that wasn’t all that great while the moving was going on. But Moving APT quickly switched to somebody else who was then good.

The moving crew was respectful. We had a little bit of back-and-forth with some of the items ‘cause they were saying that this would be several hundred dollars extra. Then they did not add one of the costs of some of the packaging items in the initial price that they said. Later on, they said that they forgot there would be this many dollars extra. Other than that, they were okay to work with. Their folks that came down, the two people, the driver and his assistant, were definitely good. The person I spoke with on the phone was fine. He was trying to be a little bit pushy about the additional charges but eventually, it worked out so no complaints. Overall, my experience was above average. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Moving APT to someone.

Original review: April 3, 2020

Moving APT saved me and it was a super good experience, which was better than expected. When I submitted my information into a database, I got a bunch of calls within the hour from a bunch of people. I ended up going with American Van Lines and had a horrible experience. They bailed on me last minute so I called Moving APT. They had excellent customer service and I really liked the rep that I spoke to. Their pricing was decent so I called them back. They were able to book me two days before my lease ran out.

Everyone on the Moving APT side was really confident, fantastic and really nice. I had someone to go over logistics and then someone went over quality control. Then someone went over how much stuff was gonna be my load. It was a sizeable two-bedroom apartment move from San Jose, California to Denver, Colorado. I was really impressed with Streamline, the movers. They were the best and we love them. The people who packed my stuff had all my stuff in perfectly, Tetris style. They had to drive through a snowstorm and came in so tired, but they completed the job.

Original review: March 30, 2020

We were running out of time and we were originally going with the U-Pack and pack ourselves. Then, my wife found Moving APT and realized we better go to something where they do the moving and loading the truck for us. The move was from Connecticut to Indiana. I'd done the payments upfront, and everything was fine. If we packed less, we would get money back. The movers seemed good on the pick-up. But, on the delivery, we definitely had some issues with them rushing and we felt like stuff were damaged. But, we ended up giving up on that because they were so difficult to work with. I wanted a credit back for the less stuff that was moved and they even gave us a hard time in that. So, Moving APT stepped up, worked on our behalf, and gave us the full refund. They worked on a deal with the movers. They were very upset with the carrier as well for not working well and for giving us a hard time. Lily, the fantastic lady we dealt with was helpful.

Original review: March 22, 2020

I had used Moving APT in 2018 when we first moved to Oregon and everything was super easy. They boxed everything up for us and they got there in a good timeline. They had stored everything and I had nothing broken. I used them again and when I first submitted my inventory list, there was a stained glass, framed picture that I had told multiple people I wanted crated. I wanted wood around it. It was going completely across the country. I needed to make sure it would get there in one piece. My mom made it for me before she passed away so I was being very over sensitive about it. I paid for the crating and everybody said they were definitely gonna do it. But the moving company got there and wrapped it up in a couple of pieces of cardboard and a couple of blankets. It was very broken by the time it got here. I’m trying to get my money back for that and the CSI Pros, that I’m going through this claim for, is not going well either. But I would definitely use Moving APT again. I understand stuff is gonna get broken. It’s just a bad thing that happened.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving APT?

Original review: April 3, 2020

I did my research and chose Moving APT based on the price versus what they were offering. Even though they put my stuff up haphazardly, things went well. The communication was great too. It was really thorough.

Original review: April 2, 2020

The APT agent that contacted me was super nice, open, and honest. APT came in at pretty much the best price. But it didn’t turn out that way at all. The two guys that showed up to pack at my house were very hardworking and good guys. They really got the whole job done and did a nice job of it. But that was about the end of the nice things I can say. When my stuff arrived down here in Florida, it came out a Sunday and there was only one guy in the truck, the carrier and all that stuff. It wound up that my son and I had to help move the stuff into our own house. To me, that kind of defeats the purpose. And we had two items broken in transit but their dollar value was less than $100, so I didn’t bother going after that. But it cost me about a 1,000 more than I thought it was going to because of the additional charges that weren’t put in there. At this point in time, I would not recommend APT to anybody.

Original review: April 1, 2020

The people who helped me with the move were wonderful. It was a work-related move and I had to stay in the town that I was moving from until I could get work done but I also had to get my stuff out. So, somebody on the other end met them with my stuff. I was moving a 2-bedroom apartment across 400 miles and under the circumstances that I had to move, Moving APT made it alright.

Original review: March 31, 2020

The actual time for showing up to pick up my stuff was very good, and the price was fair. Unfortunately, between the time they picked it up and the time it arrived at my new place, things got damaged. I had a toolbox that was about $10,000 and I wanted to wrap it myself. They said that they got to box it, and I paid extra money to have them do it. It got wrapped at my house, but when it showed up here, it was an unwrapped box and things had fallen over in the truck, put a big dent on the top, and then scratched the whole front of it.

When it arrived, the moving driver said, “Oh, it was our fault. No big deal.” So, after almost two months of screwing around with this stupid company, they felt that $50 would be a fair exchange for the damage of my $10,000 toolbox. At the end of whole thing, because I called the people who set this all up. He decided to call them and threaten them. They were supposed to give me $125, and at the end of all that, they gave me $120. Overall, they were not a very good company. They did not do what they said. I would not trust Moving APT with anything I own ever again.

Original review: March 29, 2020

I found Moving APT online and they were great. The moving crew was awesome. I moved across state from Philly to Baltimore and they were very quick. I have no complaints at all.

Original review: March 28, 2020

Moving APT has a good rating on Google so I chose them. They were very quick and they were on time. They completed it within one hour. I haven’t faced any problem. Everything went well.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I was moving from California to Idaho and Moving APT's availability made me work with them. It was about a three-room move and I don’t think their reps know what they were talking about. The estimate was done all over the phone and the information they gave us was not correct. The quote was off by about $500. Moreover, a lot of things were damaged and we only got about a third of what we were supposed to have shipped. The rest disappeared. And it took over four months to get what we finally got and it wasn’t even delivered by the company that we hired. I would never use Moving APT again.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I was going through a divorce and it was a stressful time for me, but Rachel was very understanding and nice. She was also detailed when it came down to my inventory list. I let her know my budget for moving from New York to Florida, and she made a couple of calls. She got my estimate to be around my budget, which I appreciated. The movers were great too. It was a full-packing service and they were super-professional. They had to handle all this stuff. It wasn’t that big, but they packed up all this glass. I was watching them and I was super-amazed because I didn’t think that it could be so fast. All in all, Moving APT made my life so much easier with everything that I had going on and all the things that I had to do. I forgot that they were coming, but they called me. I would definitely use them again.

Original review: March 26, 2020

Moving APT did a fantastic job and were very courteous. They brought everything when they said they would and picked it up when they said they would.

Original review: March 25, 2020

Moving APT has the best pricing. They weren't necessarily the lowest because that scares me. If some company came in at $2,000, I'd say, "It's kinda weird that it's so much less." However, Moving APT is right in the best range of affordability. And when I looked them up online, they had good ratings. Every single time I called, they picked up or if they didn't, I got an email response pretty quickly. I also felt like my stuff was safe. I moved from Southern California to Tennessee and everything got delivered on time and there was no damage to any of my stuff.

Original review: March 24, 2020

I was moving from Sacramento, California to Versailles, Kentucky, and Moving APT was good.They packed everything up well, nothing was broken, and they delivered when they said they would. The consultant I worked with was good too.

Original review: March 23, 2020

I was checking into moving companies and then Moving APT contacted me. They had the good prices and I went from there. I packed up everything and they came and got it. They were on time and everything went pretty smooth. I was very happy with the service.

Original review: March 21, 2020

I never used a moving company before. When I used Moving APT, that didn't go well. With the guys that picked up my stuff in Virginia, that went well and everything was really well-packed. But with the guys that ended up dropping my stuff off, it was really mishandled and a lot of my furniture was damaged. I took pictures and I filed a claim. I got a check for $100 or so for the damages and it was pretty ridiculous. It was just a low amount of money. I also told them that my desktop was broken and the amount definitely didn't cover any of the charges. another thing was trying to get ahold of them to dispute the amount and to clear that up was quite the challenge. They were almost like going out of business. It was a really strange time. It was definitely a hard lesson learned because of all the damages and things breaking.

Original review: March 21, 2020

Moving APT was affordable on the price range and reasonable. Also, they had constant and quick communication. They responded back fairly fast. The moving crew was good. There were three guys in a truck and they were nice. Everything came safe and sound and unbroken.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I was moving across the country and both the actual movers as well as the people from Moving APT were really helpful in facilitating everything. The pickup and delivery were seamless. They contacted me exactly when they needed to and I always knew what was happening. The pick-up was way better than I thought. My apartment was in a relatively tight space and they were able to get the truck in without a problem. I was really impressed. Everything was great and I have no complaints at all with them. It was a good experience. We'll use them again and recommend them as well.

Original review: March 19, 2020

We moved from North Carolina to Rhode Island, but we had Moving APT store it for a while until we had everything set where we needed to be. So, it took five months. There were a couple of issues but we worked them out. The rep had to go to a weigh station and weigh in so that I would have the amount of weight the truck and the items had in it. They didn’t weigh in when he brought them home and it didn’t make any sense because we had to spend another hour driving to a weigh station and meet him so they could weigh the truck and then there was no weight afterwards. But there was no damage and we got the stuff when we asked for it. So, I’m happy.

Moving APT Company Information