3.6/5 (38 ratings)

About Moving APT

Moving APT is a licensed interstate broker equipped with insured moving teams that aims to move your belongings quickly, safely and securely. Its team of experts has handled interstate moves for more than 10 years and has provided commercial and residential relocation services for more than 500,000 customers.

Pros

• Free quotes
  • Packing services
  • Corporate relocation services

Cons

• Third-party movers

Bottom Line

Moving APT specializes in long-distance moves and connects customers to its nationwide network of professional movers. It offers free online quotes and promises lower prices than what competitors charge.

Top Moving APT Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

On the moving day of the move, they accommodated every request and never made me feel like I was in the way or annoying. They took care to wrap everything carefully and managed to...

Verified

The crew came were amazing! We had a very difficult move to a rural area, and they were so positive and professional about the challenges we faced. They did a great job for me. I ...

Moving APT services

Moving APT secures local and long-distance movers for residential and commercial customers. As a moving broker, the company matches clients with the best fit from its extensive network of third-party service providers. Moving APT only works with U.S. Department of Transportation-registered carriers.

In addition to residential moves and corporate relocation, Moving APT offers the following services through its partners:

• Packing services: Moving APT arranges for trained, professional movers to securely pack all or some of your belongings.
  • Packing materials: You can purchase packing materials through Moving APT's partners. The company offers boxes, antique wrapping, blankets, padding, tape and other supplies.
  • Moving checklists: Work with one of Moving APT’s consultants to complete a checklist for before, during and after your move. The checklist has tips for making moving day go as smoothly as possible.
  • Car shipping: Moving APT vets nationwide car shipping companies to find those with the best protections, pricing and experience.

Moving APT cost

For moving a small two- or three-bedroom home from New York to Miami, Moving APT quotes ranged from $2,100 to $6,900. Quotes for moving a one-bedroom apartment started at $900. These quotes include tolls, taxes, fuel costs and all other fees. Adding extra services like packing, specialty items or storage will increase the overall costs. Don't forget to factor in the tip as well — typically between 15% and 20% for long-distance moves.

Moving APT FAQ

Is Moving APT a carrier or a broker?
Moving APT is a moving broker, not a carrier. This means that Moving APT does not transport possessions, so you won’t see a branded Moving APT truck on moving day. Instead, the company works with a network of nationwide movers and matches customers with one of its partners to perform the move.
How can I be sure I’ll be partnered with a good moving company?
Moving APT only works with movers that are registered with the U.S. Department of Transportation. Upon getting matched with a third-party mover, you can look up the company on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration website, which includes recent complaints, registration status, USDOT number, fleet information and other relevant company details.
Does Moving APT offer any discounts?
Moving APT works with movers that offer discounts for military personnel, seniors and people with disabilities. If you qualify for any of these discounts, mention it during the quote or consultation process.

Do we recommend Moving APT?

The most important thing to understand about working with Moving APT is that it is a broker, not a carrier. The main advantage of working with a broker is that it gives you access to numerous moving companies through one contact. If you want help navigating an overwhelming moving process and don’t know where to start, Moving APT helps you get organized, choose the right moving company and find the best deal.

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving APT?

Original review: June 23, 2022

Cannot say enough things about these guys. We had several heavy specialty items, and they could handle it all! His team lead, Mike, was fantastic. Ashton was attentive and ensured everything leading up to the day was taken care of. He ensured we knew they were there to serve us in any way. They packed each furniture item carefully and reassembled each piece the same way as before. They had a FULL day's work, never complained, only smiled, and checked in regularly to ensure they were putting things away properly. Don't think twice about this company. I will recommend them to anyone.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much!! They are some of our best!! :)

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 29, 2022

I called Moving APT and talked to a gentleman by the name of Pete. I checked a couple of other companies, and all the information he gave me, the price and how they operate, I was very satisfied with. When they picked the stuff up, two gentlemen were there. I was very surprised how efficient they were in packing and how fast. In two and a half hours, they had the stuff packed and loaded. When Paul first gave me the price, he asked me how many boxes and totes I’d have, and I told him I wasn’t sure. He figured so many there, and he said if there was more or less, they'd adjust the price. We paid a down payment and the two payments afterwards, and they were pretty close to what they were. It was an excellent experience with Moving APT.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much Jerry! Best wishes in your new home! :)

Original review: April 23, 2022

We ended up with Moving APT because of the price. The representative was absolutely wonderful. There were some little additives that had to go on there that he missed, but he was really prompt in calling me and telling me what those were. The pack-up crew was absolutely wonderful and we thoroughly enjoyed them packing everything up. But they could have been a little gentler with our stuff. We had a lot of broken picture frames and glass. The Princess House glasses got broken. But we understood what was going on and we knew the chances so everything's okay.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for the review, Robert! We are also so sorry to hear that you experienced a damage. If you have not filed a claim for this yet for compensation, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department at 786-528-6086 or at cs@movingservicesteam.com, and we would be happy to help you with this! Thank you again!

Original review: April 14, 2022

The only inconvenient thing was they said they could take my motorcycle but a day or two before the move, they said they can't take it. They gave me a different service and they gave me my money back for that. It was a little frustrating. We kept calling back and forth about it. It sounded like they were giving me a runaround. But other than that, the people that moved everything in the house were good and very polite.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for the review Joshua! We do apologize about the motorcycle, but are so happy to hear that everything else went well! Best wishes!

Original review: March 30, 2022

The rep was cool. I gave him my inventory list and he took detailed notes on his end. He quoted me a rough price of $2500 and it was all pretty smooth. On the day of the move, the driver told me that the price was $2400 but that was because I had quoted them stairs but there ended up not having to be stairs. The driver's team wrapped everything up and packed it in the truck, which was excellent. They did a really terrific job.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for the review Devon! We're so glad to hear that everything went well! :)

Original review: June 22, 2022

Moving APT was efficient from start to finish. They also gave us suggestions on packing specific items. They were much more secure with our items. It was a two-bedroom and two-bathroom house. We also had three stories, so these guys had to go up and down many stairs. We recommend this company if you look for quick, efficient, and helpful professional movers.

Moving APT response

Thank you Daniel! We really appreciate the review and feedback!

Original review: June 22, 2022

Moving APT contracted Hercules Movers and Packers to move my belongings from Texas to Georgia. It's been over a month and they never delivered my belongings. Based on the contract they are supposed to deliver within 21 days. Now, they are not returning calls, texts, and email, and the phone number listed for the movers is out service!

Original review: June 20, 2022

They were super-efficient and took excellent care of our stuff. They wrapped our furniture and had no problem moving a heavy bar cabinet and futon down the stairs. They moved everything in and carefully and efficiently ensured everything got to the suitable rooms. Highly recommended from my side! They explained everything thoroughly in the initial quote to ensure I understood everything they would do.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for your recommendation Aaron! :) Best of luck in your new home!

Original review: June 15, 2022

From the first call with Mason until the end of the move, this is a fantastic company to move anyone. It was great to have my initial contact at the company doing the moving. The movers were 4 minutes early and were very accommodating. These guys hustled their butts off. They didn't go slow on purpose to work longer hours to get paid more. Highly recommend these guys. They will make every move of mine in the NY area.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for the review Michael! We're so happy to hear!! :)

Original review: June 9, 2022

I am making a complicated move. Leaving things behind, going to storage, and moving. My packers Matthew made this packing experience a breeze. They were so nice, efficient, and dealt with all the chaos of this move to make things easier on me. This is my 12th move, and it has been one of the best.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much David! We hope to hear from you again should you need another move! Best wishes!

Moving APT Company Information