2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.37/5

Moving APT is a licensed interstate broker equipped with insured moving teams that you can trust to move your belongings quickly, safely and securely. Its team of experts have handled interstate moves across the country for more than 20 years and now work with the most certified movers around. Whether you need commercial or residential relocation services state to state, Moving APT is dedicated to ensuring your move is stress-free.

BOTTOM LINE

Moving APT specializes in long-distance moves and connects customers to its nationwide network of professional movers.

PROS

• Free quotes
  • Corporate relocation services
  • Packing services

CONS

• Third-party movers

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Moving APT services

Moving APT secures long-distance movers for residential and commercial customers. As a moving broker, the company matches clients with the best fit from its extensive network of third-party service providers. Moving APT only works with AMSA members and U.S. Department of Transportation-approved carriers.

In addition to residential moves and corporate relocation, Moving APT offers the following services through its partners:

• Packing services: Moving APT arranges for trained, professional movers to securely pack all or some of your belongings.
  • Packing materials: You can purchase packing materials through Moving APT. The company offers boxes, antique wrapping, blankets, padding, tape and other supplies.
  • Moving checklists: Work with one of Moving APT’s consultants to complete a checklist for before, during and after your move. The checklist has tips for making moving day go as smoothly as possible.

Moving APT cost

We went through the process to set up a move from New York to Florida for a small three-bedroom home and were given quotes ranging from $1,650 to $3,150. Quotes for a one-bedroom apartment started at $950. Moving APT quotes include tolls, taxes, fuel costs and all other fees.

Moving APT FAQ

Is Moving APT a carrier or a broker?
Moving APT is a moving broker, not a carrier. This means that Moving APT does not transport possessions, so you won’t see a branded Moving APT truck on moving day. Instead, the company works with a network of nationwide movers and matches customers with one of its partners to perform the move.
How can I be sure I’ll be partnered with a good moving company?
Moving APT only works with bonded and licensed movers registered with the U.S. Department of Transportation. Upon getting matched with a third-party mover, you can look up the company on the USDOT website, which includes recent complaints, licensing status, USDOT number, fleet information and other relevant company information.
Does Moving APT offer any discounts?
Moving APT works with movers that offer discounts for military personnel, seniors and people with disabilities. If you qualify for any of these discounts, mention it during the quote or consultation process.

Do we recommend Moving APT?

The most important thing to understand about working with Moving APT is that it is a broker, not a carrier. The main advantage of working with a broker is that it gives you access to numerous moving companies through one contact. If you want help navigating an overwhelming moving process and don’t know where to start, Moving APT helps you get organized, choose the right moving company and find the best deal.

Moving APT Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving APT?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving APT?

Original review: April 22, 2020

I called several moving providers and based on the customer service that I got when I called and the price, I decided to work with Moving APT. I was closing out my mother's estate and I was shipping things to four different places. One went from Little Rock to Florida, one went from Little Rock to New Mexico, and two went from Little Rock to Austin, Texas. I needed quotes about doing it in different ways so, it was very convoluted and very difficult for us as well as for their rep. I packed my belongings and the moving crew just loaded them. They did a good job and they delivered the boxes so quickly. But when I opened the last of the stuff, which were my mother’s China, some were missing. It was probably a whole box worth. I said something about it to my brother and he said that he didn’t get any of my mother’s lamps either. He said that he just realized it, which was why he didn’t tell me sooner.

The China was good China. It would be expensive to replace but it's not the expense to me as much as the sentimental value of it, and the lamps are the same way. My husband was here and received everything. So, I don't know if he wasn't careful to check off every single item. He wouldn't have been as meticulous about that as my brother and I would've been. It has been two years and I don't know if we have any recourse at this point. I also don't know if they have a lost and found but I can at least ask.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for all of your business Judi! We very much value and appreciate it! Please feel free to call our Customer Service Department at 786-528-6086 if you have any questions regarding filing a claim.

Original review: April 7, 2020

I talked to Rachel from Moving APT very frankly and I said I would contact but I was not going to sign up. Also, I said I would call back if I have any questions and asked her to not call me back. There were many other moving companies that kept calling back or emailing and Rachel was the only one who did not contact me. Also, she's very professional about each different steps and then I decided to go with them. When I was first assigned to the moving crew, I looked at the review online and it was not very great. Rachel said that regardless of which moving company I go through, I can always find not very nice comments online, which is true. She calmed me down a little bit and she tried to be very responsive in terms of my requests or my follow-up.

I moved from Alexandria, Virginia all the way to Exeter, New Hampshire. I told Rachel when I ideally would like to get my stuff delivered. I gave them a window and I got very anxious when the moving company did not contact me for a few days. They came one day later than the original and luckily, it was delivered by the last day that I would be available. Then, the company mentioned they would be there in the morning but they did not show up until 4 o'clock, which made me a little upset. They said they needed to go to a big house first. But that house in Maryland took longer than expected and that was why they were much delayed. But as long as I move by that day, that should be fine.

When the moving crew came, they were very professional. They brought the blanket. There was a team of at least three people who worked very hard. It took almost an hour to do all the work. The only thing that bothered me a little bit is I have a chair that costs more than $1,000 and when they picked it up, they just rolled the chair out. I did not see them wrap it up. I received my item and everything was good except that chair was not wrapped up when sent to us. Luckily, it’s not broken.

The process was a little stressful but I'm pretty satisfied with the pickup, procedures, and delivery. I really like Moving APT because they are very efficient. If you Google moving company stories, you can find a lot of bad stories, but it did not happen to me. I'm already very grateful for that part. Also, Rachel mentioned to me she works from 2 o'clock to 9 o'clock every day but sometimes, she is also able to answer my questions when she was not working. I very much appreciate her dedication.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for sharing your experience Ning! Rachel is one of our best, and we are definitely glad to hear you had such a wonderful experience with her and with us throughout your move! Thank you!

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: April 4, 2020

I had at least five to seven companies that I was trying to shop around and the cost was one of the factors the first time I was ever trying a moving company. There were a couple others that were competitive. But the person I worked with seemed not only knowledgeable about the services, but she also connected well. She seemed like she cared and she had good customer service skills compared to others. She wasn’t trying to play scare tactics. She was only trying to get the quote set so it doesn’t change. She was the least pushy of the ones that I dealt with and she also seemed nice to talk to in general. I went with her on that. And following her, there were a couple others. There was one that wasn’t all that great while the moving was going on. But Moving APT quickly switched to somebody else who was then good.

The moving crew was respectful. We had a little bit of back-and-forth with some of the items ‘cause they were saying that this would be several hundred dollars extra. Then they did not add one of the costs of some of the packaging items in the initial price that they said. Later on, they said that they forgot there would be this many dollars extra. Other than that, they were okay to work with. Their folks that came down, the two people, the driver and his assistant, were definitely good. The person I spoke with on the phone was fine. He was trying to be a little bit pushy about the additional charges but eventually, it worked out so no complaints. Overall, my experience was above average. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Moving APT to someone.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for sharing your experience in such detail Pratik! We appreciate it and are glad we were able to assist!

Original review: March 30, 2020

We were running out of time and we were originally going with the U-Pack and pack ourselves. Then, my wife found Moving APT and realized we better go to something where they do the moving and loading the truck for us. The move was from Connecticut to Indiana. I'd done the payments upfront, and everything was fine. If we packed less, we would get money back. The movers seemed good on the pick-up. But, on the delivery, we definitely had some issues with them rushing and we felt like stuff were damaged. But, we ended up giving up on that because they were so difficult to work with. I wanted a credit back for the less stuff that was moved and they even gave us a hard time in that. So, Moving APT stepped up, worked on our behalf, and gave us the full refund. They worked on a deal with the movers. They were very upset with the carrier as well for not working well and for giving us a hard time. Lily, the fantastic lady we dealt with was helpful.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much Joseph! We are always on our customer's side! Best wishes!

Original review: March 22, 2020

I had used Moving APT in 2018 when we first moved to Oregon and everything was super easy. They boxed everything up for us and they got there in a good timeline. They had stored everything and I had nothing broken. I used them again and when I first submitted my inventory list, there was a stained glass, framed picture that I had told multiple people I wanted crated. I wanted wood around it. It was going completely across the country. I needed to make sure it would get there in one piece. My mom made it for me before she passed away so I was being very over sensitive about it. I paid for the crating and everybody said they were definitely gonna do it. But the moving company got there and wrapped it up in a couple of pieces of cardboard and a couple of blankets. It was very broken by the time it got here. I’m trying to get my money back for that and the CSI Pros, that I’m going through this claim for, is not going well either. But I would definitely use Moving APT again. I understand stuff is gonna get broken. It’s just a bad thing that happened.

Moving APT response

We are so sorry to hear that Lacey. We really appreciate the review, and rest assured that we are following up with CSI to make sure that your claim is being handled properly so that you are compensated for that damage. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

Ben, Ron and the team were very professional and punctual. They arrived right on time and were quick and efficient in loading/unloading, disassembling/assembling furniture. They were very careful with all of our items and very professional. Moving is always stressful but they made the process a lot more bearable. I would definitely recommend Moving APT.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

Excellent company, excellent movers, excellent prices. I was worried about the move and my stuff. I have a lot of delicate items and Antiques. Ben and his crew carefully wrapped and boxed everything. The move went flawless. I couldn't believe it! Ben and his crew were great. Friendly, helpful, and most of all quick! We will certainly use them again!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

Thomas showed up right on time with his crew and got right to work. You can really see the difference when the boss is there doing the work himself. They were very careful about our furniture and fragile boxes. The move required 2 trips and Thomas and crew worked hard until the very end, setting up the beds and placing all the furniture exactly where we wanted it. They even moved stuff around for us once we changed our minds. All in all, moving is very stressful, but the actual move went very smooth. Nothing broken and no scratches. Everything was put back together exactly as it has been. If I had to move again (which I hope is not for a very very long time) I would be happy to use Thomas and Moving APT again.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

The move went incredibly well. Ben came down with his movers. They worked quickly and efficiently. They were very friendly and pleasant to be around. They made sure everything was fully wrapped to my liking, and were very careful when moving my expensive furniture and antiques. Nothing got damaged. Ben and his movers didn't leave until everything was reassembled and I was satisfied with the arrangement of the furniture. I was very happy with their service and will definitely be recommending them to friends and family.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

Ron and Lili are the BEST!!! Ben, the owner of this company, is the kindest, most efficient, young man I have met in a very long time. He is a great communicator- by phone, e-mail, and text. They handled the furniture as if it was their own. The furniture was a 28 piece set, and they delivered and placed each piece where I wanted it to go. I could go on and on, but I will sum it up by saying. PROFESSIONAL, PLEASANT, PROFICIENT, and PRICE CONSCIOUS!!!! Look no further- if you have something to move- call Moving APT. I love these guys!!!!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

Rachel and his staff showed up on time, made me feel at ease giving them all my precious possessions, and they managed to move it all with no damages and to do it very quickly. I have already referred two people to them. Great things ahead for this business.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

Great customer service. Extremely flexible in the wake of coronavirus. Accommodating and professional. Helped me find fair moving deals. In addition, they ensured that there was prompt delivery. I didn’t have to lift a finger for this entire process. Would recommend to anyone and everyone.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

This is my second move with Moving APT. Needless to say I was very satisfied the first time so I called them for my second move. Moving day is always very stressful so finding a professional and reliable mover is so very important. Petter is a very honest and professional person and company. He is very hardworking and careful with my possessions. I have recommended him to all my friends and anyone that mentions that they are looking to move. I highly recommend this mover and the price is very reasonable.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I was very skeptical about hiring movers without a personal referral. I have to say I couldn't be happier with the service provided by Ben and his crew. They were very careful with all of my furniture. They were professional and considerate. I recommend them highly and will use them again.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

Petter and his crew not only showed up on time but were a few minutes early. They not only moved all of our furniture quickly, but also took VERY good care of it. They treated the furniture as if it were their own. After packing up the truck they took it over to the new house and placed every box and piece of furniture in the room we requested, not ever 2nd guessing anything. Most importantly they were upfront about the moving costs. Since we had provided them a good idea of what items we had and needed to be moved they advised before touching a single item that the quote they initially provided us was accurate, and there would be no "secret" upcharges. All in all it was a great experience, and next time I need a moving service I will definitely look them up again.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

Moving APT - are the best movers in entire Chicagoland! hands down. They are super friendly and helpful bunch and deserve 5+ stars! Their prices are fair; their customer service is top notch and most importantly they are professional movers! Thank you, guys!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

Choosing Moving APT was questionable since I really wanted to go with the movers I have used in the past, but since they were busy, I went with them. Nevertheless, that was the best choice I made because were better than any other movers I used in the past! Guys were on time, friendly, dressed well and clean, amazing services. List goes on and goes but if you are looking for movers, these are the guys for you!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

Moving APT would have to be the WORST, UNPROFESSIONAL, DISHONEST and DISRESPECTFUL brokers I have had the pleasure of working with on my most recent long distance move. From lying about verbiage on contracts and checklist sheets to not properly recording calls for quality assurance. Why make a note at the beginning of calls saying that they are beginning recorded? When actually they aren’t and you are not able to properly watch and or train your sales specialist when things go bad... especially when there are large amounts of money involved and customers' personal belongings. Rachel ** is supposed to be their top specialist but yet she lied from the very beginning about payment options.

I gave her my card number in confidence that I would be able to use this same card at delivery to receive my items and she agreed on numerous accounts that this would be more than fine. Fast forward, when it comes time to pay— turns out this is not fine!! Why lie about something so small? Then she became unresponsive when I needed support in speaking to dispatchers. How convenient for her? Moving APT must be very low budget in the people they hire and their training programs must be non existent. Moving is an important and stressful time in a customers' life and to know that they could be shafted and lied to by the broker company does not make it any more less difficult. Future customers please save yourself the headache in dealing with such a wretched company and find a more reliable broker! Listen to these poor reviews, these customers are not lying!! I wish I would’ve taken heed and took my money elsewhere!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

Moving APT is a SCAM!!! They are not a moving company even though they will sound like they are on the phone. They are just some broker! I was given a 5 day window for my move and NO ONE SHOWED UP!!!! No one called me to say no is coming to move me to ANOTHER STATE and they did not answer or return my calls. I had to dispose of ALL my things on my last day so I can move. These people caused me thousands of dollars in damage and some things I lost cannot be replaced. People responsible for this are Peter and Ronald. Please read the reviews online about these FRAUD people and hire a real moving company. I wish I had done that and did not fall for these scammers.

Original review: July 21, 2020

Highly recommend. Very efficient. Booking process was easy and painless. Prompt response from customer service if I had any questions. Pick-up was completed within the predetermined time frame. Delivery window and time was easily adjusted too. I got updates and someone checking in with me at all steps.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much Mitali! We are so pleased to hear everything was made stress-free for you! Thank you so much! :)

Original review: July 20, 2020

Moved from MS to VA and everything was easy and smooth. The customer service was organized and professional. The movers were friendly and efficient. Even when I added a few things last minute, they handled it without any problems. Eduardo and Gustavo were great on the moving end and Coleena was awesome with customer service. Everything arrived quickly and all in perfect shape. I would happily use them again and recommend to others.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much Lesley! We're so happy to hear about your experience and really appreciate your feedback and review! :)

Original review: July 2, 2020

What a great experience. We engaged Community Movers to handle a pre-renovation move to clear out three rooms of furniture. I was nervous due to COVID-19 but the two gentlemen who came were nice as can be and made me feel safe throughout the process. They wore masks and gloves and took special care to keep a safe distance from me as we talked. They were quick and efficient and I will look forward to having them back post-reno.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much! We have forwarded your feedback to your carrier as well!

Original review: June 27, 2020

I absolutely loved hiring this company! From the booking time until they finished. They know what to do, what to load first, last, they go over a check list which is a HUGE help when moving, there are so many things we can forget. On this matter I gotta give big compliments to Grant, young and energetic young man, very professional, polite and through on point, who along with his partner made our moving day possible. It was a tough job, the lay out to move furniture to the new place was very challenging and they pulled it through. Thank you for providing the best personnel to perform such of a tough job. I will hire you again, and again.

Moving APT response

Thank you so very much for your feedback! We're hear whenever you need us again! :)

Original review: June 21, 2020

The drivers and movers on both ends were professional, respectful and courteous. There was no damage to the residences on either end, and there was no damage to the property. This was a "boxes only" move, as there was no furniture involved, though we did have three bicycles moved. Additionally, they handled moving from two starting locations about 70 miles apart, and moved it to a destination about 3000 miles away. It did take 21 business days to arrive, which was the maximum time, but I assume the coronavirus outbreak was contributing to fewer moves happening and/or staffing shortages.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much Timothy! We truly appreciate your review and the time you took! Best wishes in your new location! :)

Original review: June 19, 2020

From the very beginning to the very end of my move I was taken care of. From my sales rep to my customer care (operations) they made my move across country stress free and economical. I thought this move was going to be brutal and stressful and turned out to be wonderful. I recommended close friends and family for any future moves as well to any future clients. Thank you APT!

Moving APT response

Thank you so much! We appreciate it from the bottom of our hearts! :)

Original review: June 12, 2020

I had never used a Moving service before and when I needed to remove my old sofas, dining room table and chairs in preparation for the delivery of my new ones, I wasn’t sure how I was going to do it. A friend recommended the team at Moving APT and they moved my furniture to my nephew’s flat in just a couple of hours door to door. I’m so glad I called them!

Moving APT response

Thank you so much Ashley! Call us anytime you need our services again :)

Original review: June 12, 2020

It was a smooth move - from the beginning to the end. The moving crew showed up early and did a great job. They were hardworking and really professional. The customer rep girl was very friendly and gave me the best quote for the job. This is definitely the best move ever!

Moving APT response

Thank you so much Dammy we're so glad to hear!! :)

Original review: June 7, 2020

We contracted with Moving APT at the end of May to move our belongings from New York City, NY to Charleston, SC in preparation for a June 1 relocation. The person that set us up for the move spent a number of calls and emails having us inventory our belongings and during that time also asked us what the earliest acceptance date (or "first available date") was, which we indicated as June 1. On May 28, a different company, Ernest Movers, picked up our belongings.

On June 1, we arrived in Charleston. One June 3, having heard nothing from Moving APT or Ernest Movers, and not having any of our belongings, we called Moving APT, who told us to call back on June 5. On June 5, we called numerous times, and each time, we were told someone would "look into it [the delivery date]" and get back to us, and no one did.

Looking back at the fine print in the transaction materials, we see that for a move of over 700 miles, the delivery date could be from 1 to up to 14 BUSINESS DAYS after the "first available date" -- UP TO THREE WEEKS. I am not sure how anyone could reasonably expect that, much less find it acceptable. Moving APT should have disclosed this to us more clearly (i.e., verbally and in writing) and gotten our explicit acceptance (i.e., verbally and in writing) of the waiting period before we contracted with them. It seems like the company was actually deliberately vague about the delivery time so that we would contract with them. It is now June 7, and we still have not heard from Moving APT or Ernest Movers about the delivery date. We have paid June rent in our new apartment to sleep on an air mattress and conduct work sitting on cardboard boxes. I will never use Moving APT again and strongly recommend against them to people I know.

Moving APT response

Moving APT is a booking agent. The customer's contract was with Husky Truck Corp. Moving APT advised the customer initially upon booking of their delivery schedule of 2-14 business days and also had the customer initial this to ensure that it was understood. This was not in fine print. We are happy to advise that the customer`s delivery has been completed, within only 6 days, less than half the time agreed upon, just as an additional courtesy to the customer.

Original review: June 5, 2020

Everything was on point. Quick delivery and pick up. Would like them to just clarify the payment method for future customers to make it easy for them to grasp and understand. Otherwise excellent service. Everyone was nice and careful. Price was on point. Never thought I would move my entire house for only 2000$ and in only 3 days. I moved from a house to a larger 3 story townhouse and movers had no issue with reassembling everything I wanted in each story!

Moving APT response

We are so thrilled to hear! Thank you so much, Mustafa! And your feedback has been noted and forwarded to the appropriate department! Thanks again! :)

Original review: June 4, 2020

Very professional team all around. Very friendly and able to answer all questions. On time to load. On time to unload. The packing of all items was carried with care as if it was their own property. I’m satisfied with APT.

Moving APT response

We're so glad to hear, Flavius! Thank you so much for taking the time to share a review!

Moving APT Company Information