Find a Movers partner

4.2/5 (96 ratings)
Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About Moving APT

Moving APT is a licensed interstate broker equipped with insured moving teams that aims to move your belongings quickly, safely and securely. Its team of experts has handled interstate moves for more than 10 years and has provided commercial and residential relocation services for more than 500,000 customers.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Free quotes
    • Packing services
    • Corporate relocation services

Cons

• Third-party movers

Bottom Line

Moving APT specializes in long-distance moves and connects customers to its nationwide network of professional movers. It offers free online quotes and promises lower prices than what competitors charge.

Top Moving APT Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

On the moving day of the move, they accommodated every request and never made me feel like I was in the way or annoying. They took care to wrap everything carefully and managed to...

Verified

The crew came were amazing! We had a very difficult move to a rural area, and they were so positive and professional about the challenges we faced. They did a great job for me. I ...

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Moving APT services

Moving APT secures local and long-distance movers for residential and commercial customers. As a moving broker, the company matches clients with the best fit from its extensive network of third-party service providers. Moving APT only works with U.S. Department of Transportation-registered carriers.

In addition to residential moves and corporate relocation, Moving APT offers the following services through its partners:

• Packing services: Moving APT arranges for trained, professional movers to securely pack all or some of your belongings.
    • Packing materials: You can purchase packing materials through Moving APT's partners. The company offers boxes, antique wrapping, blankets, padding, tape and other supplies.
    • Moving checklists: Work with one of Moving APT’s consultants to complete a checklist for before, during and after your move. The checklist has tips for making moving day go as smoothly as possible.
    • Car shipping: Moving APT vets nationwide car shipping companies to find those with the best protections, pricing and experience.

Moving APT cost

For moving a small two- or three-bedroom home from New York to Miami, Moving APT quotes ranged from $2,100 to $6,900. Quotes for moving a one-bedroom apartment started at $900. These quotes include tolls, taxes, fuel costs and all other fees. Adding extra services like packing, specialty items or storage will increase the overall costs. Don't forget to factor in the tip as well — typically between 15% and 20% for long-distance moves.

Moving APT FAQ

Moving APT is a moving broker, not a carrier. This means that Moving APT does not transport possessions, so you won’t see a branded Moving APT truck on moving day. Instead, the company works with a network of nationwide movers and matches customers with one of its partners to perform the move.
    Moving APT only works with movers that are registered with the U.S. Department of Transportation. Upon getting matched with a third-party mover, you can look up the company on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration website, which includes recent complaints, registration status, USDOT number, fleet information and other relevant company details.
    Moving APT works with movers that offer discounts for military personnel, seniors and people with disabilities. If you qualify for any of these discounts, mention it during the quote or consultation process.

Do we recommend Moving APT?

The most important thing to understand about working with Moving APT is that it is a broker, not a carrier. The main advantage of working with a broker is that it gives you access to numerous moving companies through one contact. If you want help navigating an overwhelming moving process and don’t know where to start, Moving APT helps you get organized, choose the right moving company and find the best deal.

Moving APT Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving APT?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

When the movers we had scheduled canceled on short notice, I called Moving APT, and they came through on short notice. The friendly, professional, hardworking crew moved us from FL to the NE; thanks for doing the (literal) heavy lifting to make our move possible. Highly recommend!

Moving APT response

We're so glad to hear we were able to help! Thank you so much!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

This amazing company was recommended to me by a great friend and came at a great price. The removal team was quick and efficient and helped me disassemble furniture I didn't have time to do myself. I would gladly use them again.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much, and to your friend as well for the recommendation! :)

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Two men were amazing, made my move very smooth, as well as the transaction. They were all very experienced, and it showed in the way they worked. They didn't cause damage or loss of my belongings which were so impressive for me. I highly prefer them!

Moving APT response

Thank you so much, we're so glad to hear! Best wishes!!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

They got everything up by themselves in less than an hour. I tried to offer them water, but they said they had some. They were very careful not to bump into the walls, and they always set our boxes down nicely. They really did a great job!

Moving APT response

Thank you so much, we're glad to hear and we truly appreciate it!!

Original review: April 10, 2021

I used Moving APT on Tuesday 3/30 and they were great! From the beginning, they were very responsive, upfront, and on time. When they arrived to my place they were very organized and efficient. I was very happy with their service! It's not easy to find a good mover that you can trust these days. My sister recommended them and I am SO happy that she did. I highly recommend Moving APT! I would also ask if these guys are available to do your move... Alex and John. Thank you guys!!! You were AWESOME!!!

Moving APT response

Thank you so much Caitlin! It was our pleasure! Best wishes!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

Moving APT was the least expensive quote I received for my cross-country move. That translated to complete dissatisfaction with the entire process. I received my belongings after 34 days, just to have things arrive broken or damaged. Throughout the process, I attempted to get a delivery date from Carmen, who wasn't helpful at all--just to have her lie to me for weeks, telling me that I would receive my belongings in a made up number of days, whichever she decided on that day.

At the beginning of the process, they referred me to a vehicle hauler, which was another broker. Again, more lies. On the day before I was set to leave town, I still wasn't able to hand over the keys to my car. So I canceled the pickup, just to receive a phone call where I was insulted and called stupid. When I told Moving APT who they had referred me to and what had happened, they didn't respond or seem to care at all. Avoid Moving APT, and do research into their d/b/a's to know who else to avoid.

Moving APT response

Moving APT is a booking agent. The customer's moving company was Cross Town Van Lines, whom the customer's moving contract was with. Nonetheless, we are always here to assist customers and mediate between them and their movers whenever necessary. Upon being advised that the customer had experienced a delay and a damage in their move with Cross Town Van Lines, Moving APT immediately took it upon ourselves to activate our private account with the Claims company just so the customer could file their claim through us, rather than through Cross Town Van Lines the way that it is supposed to be, since Cross Town Van Lines is the liable party. Regardless of this, we wanted to be able to monitor the customer's claim to make sure that they were compensated, so for this reason we made this courtesy exception for the customer. We do not understand the customer's review, as we feel we have gone above and beyond our standard services just to assist the customer. However we are still here for anything else that they may need assistance with.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

The team manager from Moving APT and team are the BEST! They are dependable, friendly, and can pack a POD amazingly. The movers understand how stressful moving can be and put you at ease. Customer service was 100%. Recommended to all.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much Jaden! Best wishes in your new home!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

One of the worst companies I have EVER worked with!! Once you book with them and give them your deposit, it is almost impossible to get hold of them after that. They hired out another moving company to do our move, which turned out to be a scam company. We paid Moving APT to have the movers repack a number of boxes and for a number of packing materials. This money apparently never went to the movers and then the movers that they hired out charged us another $650 for that. The movers did a terrible job at repacking- everything was literally thrown in boxes and so took up extra space (which we were charged extra for).

When the movers brought us our items they gave us 20 minutes' notice. ALL of our furniture was damaged as well as other bits. Worst of all was that about $6000 worth of our items had been lost/stolen. This happened 2 months ago. It is almost impossible to get hold of Moving APT and they are taking no responsibility for hiring a scam moving company. The moving company they hired out was Coast to Coast Moving in NJ, who I have rung 30-40 times over the last two months and the only time they answered the phone was when I used someone else's phone to make the call. I rang the police on this company and the police said they were a scam company and that Moving APT should take responsibility- which they will not. The move cost over $10,000, then a lot of extra fees that they kept adding on, and then they lost $6000 worth of items. Do not use this company!!!

Moving APT response

Moving APT is a booking agent who reserves truck space with a carrier for customers. All of the carriers in our network are licensed, vetted, and insured, as well as in good standing. We do apologize if the customer experienced an issue with their carrier's packing charge and damage in their move with their carrier, and are happy to assist. Unfortunately, we are unaware of who this customer is via this review. The customer may contact our Customer Service Department directly at 786-528-6086 or at cs@movingservicesteam.com, and we would be happy to approve the customer to be able to file their claim under our own, private account with the Claims company, rather than having to submit their claim under their carrier's account as would be the normal procedure for customers, as a courtesy and show of good faith to the customer so that we may be able to assist them through the process.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

Mark, and Phillips arrived a little early and said they could wait if we weren't ready. They took meticulous care of the furniture, wrapping each piece and carefully moving bulky parts through the door jambs. We were delighted with the follow-up! Our highest recommendation for Moving APT.

Moving APT response

Thank you Muriel! We really appreciate the review!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

If this company isn't a complete scam, it sure feels that way, and they haven't exactly done anything to fix it. I kept getting told I would "only be charged for what gets moved." They moved roughly half the estimated weight. and I got charged MORE than the estimate. We moved a fraction of the items, and sold some of the larger items (like the kayaks/bicycles) we were told would be more expensive. Several pieces of furniture were damaged, a hole was put in my wall, and we watched the movers topple 2 stacks of boxes down the stairs. 1 of those had all of our plates.

When asked to pay the final amount at delivery, and it being $1500 more than expected, we spent over 3 hours trying to get ahold of anyone from Moving APT or the contracted moving company. It was a Sunday. We figured it was all a misunderstanding. Surely this would get cleared up on Monday and we would get a refund, right? Nope! Got sent to a claims office. I've asked several times for an updated quote based on the bill of lading and still haven't gotten it. We were asked to send all of our documentation and pictures in a single unzipped file <10 mb - I had 160 mb in pictures. We sent it by mail, but because of COVID, THEIR CLAIMS OFFICE ONLY CHECKS THEIR MAILBOX ONCE A MONTH. There's nothing harder to do while maintaining social distancing than checking a mailbox, right? It's Florida, like they even care about COVID anyway. Then each step of the process (and there seem to be a ton) they have 1-3 months to respond.

We moved going on 4 months ago, and near as I can tell we're owed in the neighborhood of $4,000. At this rate it appears the only way I'm getting it back it to take it to small claims court - and only in Miami Dade County according to the terms and conditions. The huge insurance that is standard with every move...pays out $0.60 per pound of item. So, if they destroy your $7 lb. $2K laptop, congrats, you get about $4 back! I remember being told the whole thing was insured for up to a large sum, but if this was conveyed to me before the morning of pick up, I didn't notice it. I don't check Facebook very often, but if anyone would like to message me directly, I'll happily provide the email chains, the pictures, and the documentation to prove my case - all 160 mb of it. The quote was for $5100, but we got charged over $7,000. Quote numeber **

Moving APT response

Moving APT is a booking agent who reserves truck space with a carrier for customers. We were not the customer's carrier. We do apologize if the customer experienced an issue with their carrier's charges and damage in their move with their carrier, and are happy to assist. Unfortunately, we are unaware of who this customer is via this review. The customer may contact our Customer Service Department directly at 786-528-6086 or at cs@movingservicesteam.com, and we would be happy to contact the Claims company for them and check on the status of their claim for them. We can also submit a request to the Claims company to have the customer's claim expedited as a courtesy so they may be done with his claim as soon as possible.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Moving partner.

Moving APT Company Information