Find a Movers partner

4.2/5 (82 ratings)
Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About Moving APT

Moving APT is a licensed interstate broker equipped with insured moving teams that you can trust to move your belongings quickly, safely and securely. Its team of experts have handled interstate moves across the country for more than 20 years and now work with the most certified movers around. Whether you need commercial or residential relocation services state to state, Moving APT is dedicated to ensuring your move is stress-free.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Free quotes
    • Corporate relocation services
    • Packing services

Cons

• Third-party movers

Bottom Line

Moving APT specializes in long-distance moves and connects customers to its nationwide network of professional movers.

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Moving APT services

Moving APT secures long-distance movers for residential and commercial customers. As a moving broker, the company matches clients with the best fit from its extensive network of third-party service providers. Moving APT only works with AMSA members and U.S. Department of Transportation-approved carriers.

In addition to residential moves and corporate relocation, Moving APT offers the following services through its partners:

• Packing services: Moving APT arranges for trained, professional movers to securely pack all or some of your belongings.
    • Packing materials: You can purchase packing materials through Moving APT. The company offers boxes, antique wrapping, blankets, padding, tape and other supplies.
    • Moving checklists: Work with one of Moving APT’s consultants to complete a checklist for before, during and after your move. The checklist has tips for making moving day go as smoothly as possible.

Moving APT cost

We went through the process to set up a move from New York to Florida for a small three-bedroom home and were given quotes ranging from $1,650 to $3,150. Quotes for a one-bedroom apartment started at $950. Moving APT quotes include tolls, taxes, fuel costs and all other fees.

Moving APT FAQ

Is Moving APT a carrier or a broker?
    Moving APT is a moving broker, not a carrier. This means that Moving APT does not transport possessions, so you won’t see a branded Moving APT truck on moving day. Instead, the company works with a network of nationwide movers and matches customers with one of its partners to perform the move.
    How can I be sure I’ll be partnered with a good moving company?
    Moving APT only works with bonded and licensed movers registered with the U.S. Department of Transportation. Upon getting matched with a third-party mover, you can look up the company on the USDOT website, which includes recent complaints, licensing status, USDOT number, fleet information and other relevant company information.
    Does Moving APT offer any discounts?
    Moving APT works with movers that offer discounts for military personnel, seniors and people with disabilities. If you qualify for any of these discounts, mention it during the quote or consultation process.

Do we recommend Moving APT?

The most important thing to understand about working with Moving APT is that it is a broker, not a carrier. The main advantage of working with a broker is that it gives you access to numerous moving companies through one contact. If you want help navigating an overwhelming moving process and don’t know where to start, Moving APT helps you get organized, choose the right moving company and find the best deal.

Moving APT Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving APT?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving APT?

Original review: April 10, 2021

I used Moving APT on Tuesday 3/30 and they were great! From the beginning, they were very responsive, upfront, and on time. When they arrived to my place they were very organized and efficient. I was very happy with their service! It's not easy to find a good mover that you can trust these days. My sister recommended them and I am SO happy that she did. I highly recommend Moving APT! I would also ask if these guys are available to do your move... Alex and John. Thank you guys!!! You were AWESOME!!!

Moving APT response

Thank you so much Caitlin! It was our pleasure! Best wishes!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

Thomas showed up right on time with his crew and got right to work. You can really see the difference when the boss is there doing the work himself. They were very careful about our furniture and fragile boxes. The move required 2 trips and Thomas and crew worked hard until the very end, setting up the beds and placing all the furniture exactly where we wanted it. They even moved stuff around for us once we changed our minds. All in all, moving is very stressful, but the actual move went very smooth. Nothing broken and no scratches. Everything was put back together exactly as it has been. If I had to move again (which I hope is not for a very very long time) I would be happy to use Thomas and Moving APT again.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much Ruth! We're here whenever you need us again!

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

Ron and Lili are the BEST!!! Ben, the owner of this company, is the kindest, most efficient, young man I have met in a very long time. He is a great communicator- by phone, e-mail, and text. They handled the furniture as if it was their own. The furniture was a 28 piece set, and they delivered and placed each piece where I wanted it to go. I could go on and on, but I will sum it up by saying. PROFESSIONAL, PLEASANT, PROFICIENT, and PRICE CONSCIOUS!!!! Look no further- if you have something to move- call Moving APT. I love these guys!!!!

Moving APT response

Haha thank you so much Thomas! Ben is one of our best!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

This is my second move with Moving APT. Needless to say I was very satisfied the first time so I called them for my second move. Moving day is always very stressful so finding a professional and reliable mover is so very important. Petter is a very honest and professional person and company. He is very hardworking and careful with my possessions. I have recommended him to all my friends and anyone that mentions that they are looking to move. I highly recommend this mover and the price is very reasonable.

Moving APT response

Always a pleasure to assist you in finding a carrier Thelma! Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

Petter and his crew not only showed up on time but were a few minutes early. They not only moved all of our furniture quickly, but also took VERY good care of it. They treated the furniture as if it were their own. After packing up the truck they took it over to the new house and placed every box and piece of furniture in the room we requested, not ever 2nd guessing anything. Most importantly they were upfront about the moving costs. Since we had provided them a good idea of what items we had and needed to be moved they advised before touching a single item that the quote they initially provided us was accurate, and there would be no "secret" upcharges. All in all it was a great experience, and next time I need a moving service I will definitely look them up again.

Moving APT response

Thank you Irene! We're here whenever you need us again!

Original review: July 15, 2021

The crew came were amazing! We had a very difficult move to a rural area, and they were so positive and professional about the challenges we faced. They did a great job for me. I am so impressed with their progress. I would like to say go with them!

Thank you so much Linda!

Original review: June 28, 2021

The sales rep with Moving APT was great and I was very impressed with him so we went with the company. Beyond that we have dealt with 4 different departments that have all given us slightly different information about payment and the process as a whole. We are now beyond the contractual date they had to deliver and I am unable to get a response regarding where we are on our movers and when we can expect delivery. What's even worse is we are waiting on our father's hospital bed to arrive. We have had to rent one and the contract for rental is coming to an end and I have no idea how long I need to continue to rent a bed for him. Very frustrated and disappointed with this entire process. The lack of communication and failure to meet their contractual deadline has been the worst.

Moving APT response

Moving APT is a booking agent who reserves truck space with a carrier for customers. We are not a carrier. We do apologize if the customer's carrier has experienced a delay in their delivery and would be happy to assist. The customer may contact our Customer Service Department directly at 786-528-6086 or at cs@movingservicesteam.com. All messages / emails are responded to right away. Our apologies, but as of today, we do not have any messages that have not been responded to. Alternately, if the customer would please provide an order number, we would be happy to check on this with their carrier for them and provide them with an update.

Original review: May 20, 2021

The worst moving services I cannot even imagine; first they do not even know when the movers are coming to pick up your stuff and constantly changing the date and time. Then when the movers pick up your stuff, after a few days they send another contract for you to sign, either not mentioning the 50% balance due you paid to the movers, or after a few times you mention and even let them know you have a copy of the receipt you paid the mover they suddenly change the price on the contract and make you sign the contract.

And worse than that, even after that, they never never respond you about the delivery date, even when the timeline they specified has passed, so basically you won't know if you ever receive your stuff/furniture or not. Now that I am writing I have asked them about the delivery date even after 22-23 days from picking up my furniture, and they did not even bother themselves to respond to the phone calls, emails, messages. In summary, the worst moving services one may not even be able to imagine!

Moving APT response

Moving APT is a third party booking agent. We do apologize you are having an issue reaching your carrier regarding your delivery, and we would be happy to assist and mediate between you and your carrier for you. Please note that Estimated Delivery Schedules for distances over 1,200 miles are 21 Business Days from your First Available Delivery Date, which is roughly 30 calendar days. So if you are at 22-23 calendar days, do not worry, they are still on time. Unfortunately, we are unaware of who this is via this review and therefore unable to assist. Please provide a Job Number, or contact our Customer Service Department directly either at 786-528-6086 or at cs@movingservicesteam.com so we may step in and help.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

Service was great and I really appreciated the workers. We are very professional and were able to make my move smooth from Tampa to Miami. They were also very nice guys. Next time we move, we are calling them! Thanks again for an efficient and excellent move!

Moving APT response

You're welcome Viola! Thank you for choosing Moving APT! :)

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

Moving APT is the best company for moving stuffs safely from my experience. The movers are well skilled, knowledgeable and friendly. Even their professionalism left me pleased. My experience with this moving company is terrific. I hired them a couple of times, and every time they did their best. They never damaged my stuffs which are exceptional. They are safe movers and reliable to deal with.

Moving APT response

It's always a pleasure to assist you in finding a carrier Adey, thank you for always trusting us!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

We needed to remove quite a bit of furniture from our place before staging it to sell, and we really didn't want to do it ourselves. Moving APT did a superb job, were super gentle with our furniture and fragile boxes, and were QUICK. They really took the stress out of the "move." We can't wait to use them again for the real deal.

Moving APT response

Thank you Adam! We'll be right here next time you need us!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

My husband and I had the best experience with this company! Veeka, our representative, was knowledgeable and compassionate to our last-minute moving situation. Not only did she help us get an accurate moving estimate, but advised us against the pitfalls several other moving companies had tried on us in order to scam us for money! We were very grateful for her guidance and counsel, the communication was clear and simple, I would definitely use them again!

Moving APT response

So wonderful to hear, Mary! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I moved twice with MovingApt and each time, my furniture and other items were delivered to me in perfect condition and nothing was missing. The people are patient, knowledgeable, and very helpful when a person has worries or concerns. The main thing is...that I trust them. If I move again, in the future, I am definitely calling them a third time. They are truly a great team to depend on. I feel lucky to have found them. Frances

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for using our services Frances, and so much for the review! We are so thrilled to hear that everything went well!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

This is, without question, the worst moving company I have ever deal with. I spent so much time on the phone with Robert P who went through the pictures of the house on Zillow, which gave me a lot of confidence in the quote – which was thousands of dollars lower than the other quotes I received. Then, a week before the move, they did a quality check with someone else, who DOUBLED the cost. It was too late to get my deposit back or book another company. The movers were not done until 1:30 AM, at which time they told us -for the first time - there would be a 3% fee for using a credit card. The actual cost was thousands of dollars more than the second quote we received.

When I finally talked to someone, they offered me $500 “for my troubles” – when I called back to accept the offer, he “didn’t remember” speaking to me and didn’t honor it. They had our possessions hostage, so there was very little I could do. I am a lawyer and could sue them, but it isn’t worth the time and energy it would take to recover the thousands of dollars I could have saved by doing more research. But please don’t make the same mistake I made. You should never, ever use this company. There is no upside. Period.

Moving APT response

10/14/20 Response: Moving APT is truly sorry to hear of any issue experienced in your move. Above all, we would like to stress that if a move has not been serviced, it is never too late for a customer to get their deposit back. Moving APT makes it a point not to keep any money for any services not rendered. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate you in our files. Please provide an order number that we may look you up by in order to better assist you. You may also send it to our Customer Service Department directly at cs@movingservicesteam.com. We do make it a priority to resolve any issue received right away.

12/14/20 Updated Response: Thank you. Our Customer Service Department has now reached out to the customer in order to step in and assist.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

The move was a breeze. They moved all furniture from a three bedroom two story house. The team was very professional and pleasant to work with. I highly recommend them to anybody needing to move. Great company!

Moving APT response

Thank you Kelsie! Your feedback means a lot!

Resolution response: Oct. 22, 2020

The company provided a small refund for the trouble which helped to improve our experience overall. Updated to 4 stars for the attention to customer service.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

Updated on 10/02/2020: Absolutely the worst experience. Did not disclose all additional costs, insisted I pay extra to get my belongings after they were delayed for OVER 3 WEEKS and the company did nothing about it. Terrible customer service. No calls back. Horrible experiences all around.

Original Review: We were sent out to a third party mover and our shipment was delayed by WEEKS because they didn't have a driver WHEN THEY TOOK THE CONTRACT. Moving APT gave them the contract anyway, and when we complained about the company, all they did was call and ask where our belongings were. Which we had already done, obviously. They did not work to advocate for us and push for our belongings to be delivered. They did not attempt to have another company take our belongings, they did not attempt to get us any type of refund or refund us for the booking fee since clearly they did a poor job of finding us a reputable company that would deliver our items in a timely fashion. Very disappointing.

Moving APT response

Thank you, Corynne. We truly appreciate your update. Best wishes.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

Rachel and his crew arrived on time and handled my move quickly and professionally. They helped prepare some large/heavy items for loading, and everything arrived without a scratch. Moving is a pain, but these guys made it less painful.

Moving APT response

Great! Thanks John! Enjoy your new home!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

Moved from house to apartment - disassembled and reassembled some furniture. Move included a lot of glass which needed to be wrapped. All were delivered and set up with no damage. Reasonable with the work involved. All of the movers were extremely nice and polite.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much Caitlin! Glad to hear!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2020

From the very beginning, the customer support was very quick and efficient. All native English speakers (a big plus). Vitaly, the driver, found a spot to park his massive truck out of the way (not easily done in Leavenworth), and had all of my stuff moved in within 30 minutes - truly a one-man show. Can't say enough good things about all of you. Thanks for everything!

Moving APT response

You're very welcome Daniel! Thank YOU!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

Ben, Ron and the team were very professional and punctual. They arrived right on time and were quick and efficient in loading/unloading, disassembling/assembling furniture. They were very careful with all of our items and very professional. Moving is always stressful but they made the process a lot more bearable. I would definitely recommend Moving APT.

Moving APT response

Thanks for the recommendation! :)

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

Excellent company, excellent movers, excellent prices. I was worried about the move and my stuff. I have a lot of delicate items and Antiques. Ben and his crew carefully wrapped and boxed everything. The move went flawless. I couldn't believe it! Ben and his crew were great. Friendly, helpful, and most of all quick! We will certainly use them again!

Moving APT response

Thank you so much Troian we really appreciate the feedback!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

The move went incredibly well. Ben came down with his movers. They worked quickly and efficiently. They were very friendly and pleasant to be around. They made sure everything was fully wrapped to my liking, and were very careful when moving my expensive furniture and antiques. Nothing got damaged. Ben and his movers didn't leave until everything was reassembled and I was satisfied with the arrangement of the furniture. I was very happy with their service and will definitely be recommending them to friends and family.

Moving APT response

Ben and his crew are wonderful to work with! Thank you so much for your feedback!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

Rachel and his staff showed up on time, made me feel at ease giving them all my precious possessions, and they managed to move it all with no damages and to do it very quickly. I have already referred two people to them. Great things ahead for this business.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for the referrals! We truly appreciate it!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

Great customer service. Extremely flexible in the wake of coronavirus. Accommodating and professional. Helped me find fair moving deals. In addition, they ensured that there was prompt delivery. I didn’t have to lift a finger for this entire process. Would recommend to anyone and everyone.

Moving APT response

We do take pride in our Customer Service! Thank you so much for the feedback!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I was very skeptical about hiring movers without a personal referral. I have to say I couldn't be happier with the service provided by Ben and his crew. They were very careful with all of my furniture. They were professional and considerate. I recommend them highly and will use them again.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much Helen! :)

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

Moving APT - are the best movers in entire Chicagoland! hands down. They are super friendly and helpful bunch and deserve 5+ stars! Their prices are fair; their customer service is top notch and most importantly they are professional movers! Thank you, guys!

Moving APT response

Lol thank you so much Luke! And you're very welcome!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

Choosing Moving APT was questionable since I really wanted to go with the movers I have used in the past, but since they were busy, I went with them. Nevertheless, that was the best choice I made because were better than any other movers I used in the past! Guys were on time, friendly, dressed well and clean, amazing services. List goes on and goes but if you are looking for movers, these are the guys for you!

Moving APT response

Thank you so much Tim! We really appreciate your feedback!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

Moving APT would have to be the WORST, UNPROFESSIONAL, DISHONEST and DISRESPECTFUL brokers I have had the pleasure of working with on my most recent long distance move. From lying about verbiage on contracts and checklist sheets to not properly recording calls for quality assurance. Why make a note at the beginning of calls saying that they are beginning recorded? When actually they aren’t and you are not able to properly watch and or train your sales specialist when things go bad... especially when there are large amounts of money involved and customers' personal belongings. Rachel ** is supposed to be their top specialist but yet she lied from the very beginning about payment options.

I gave her my card number in confidence that I would be able to use this same card at delivery to receive my items and she agreed on numerous accounts that this would be more than fine. Fast forward, when it comes time to pay— turns out this is not fine!! Why lie about something so small? Then she became unresponsive when I needed support in speaking to dispatchers. How convenient for her? Moving APT must be very low budget in the people they hire and their training programs must be non existent. Moving is an important and stressful time in a customers' life and to know that they could be shafted and lied to by the broker company does not make it any more less difficult. Future customers please save yourself the headache in dealing with such a wretched company and find a more reliable broker! Listen to these poor reviews, these customers are not lying!! I wish I would’ve taken heed and took my money elsewhere!

Moving APT response

Moving APT has reached out to the customer and has sent the customer all paperwork that the customer signed and initialed stating that credit cards can only be used at pickup and never at delivery. The customer signed and initialed these terms on 3 separate occasions. Additionally, the statement that the customer requested to use a credit card to pay in full at pickup and leave no balance for delivery was also written at the top of the customer's booking agreement in large, bold letters, prior to the customer booking, to once again make sure that this was clear, which the customer again acknowledged and signed. Furthermore, Moving APT has also gone back to the conversations between the customer and their representative, and in the conversation, the customer is clearly advised that a credit card can only be used at pickup, not at delivery. It seems the customer was mistaken in writing this review. The customer was not advised this at any point. It is a general industry standard in interstate moves that only cash or postal money order are accepted at delivery. Nevertheless, Moving APT understands that moving is stressful, and sometimes customers may remember things differently. Therefore, Moving APT has offered the customer a courtesy compensation for anything that the customer may have misunderstood, just as a show of good faith from us.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

Moving APT is a SCAM!!! They are not a moving company even though they will sound like they are on the phone. They are just some broker! I was given a 5 day window for my move and NO ONE SHOWED UP!!!! No one called me to say no is coming to move me to ANOTHER STATE and they did not answer or return my calls. I had to dispose of ALL my things on my last day so I can move. These people caused me thousands of dollars in damage and some things I lost cannot be replaced. People responsible for this are Peter and Ronald. Please read the reviews online about these FRAUD people and hire a real moving company. I wish I had done that and did not fall for these scammers.

Moving APT response

Moving APT is truly sorry to hear of any issue experienced in your move. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate you in our files. Please provide an order number that we may look you up by in order to better assist you. You may also send it to our Customer Service Department directly at cs@movingservicesteam.com. We do make it a priority to resolve any issue received right away.

Original review: July 21, 2020

Highly recommend. Very efficient. Booking process was easy and painless. Prompt response from customer service if I had any questions. Pick-up was completed within the predetermined time frame. Delivery window and time was easily adjusted too. I got updates and someone checking in with me at all steps.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much Mitali! We are so pleased to hear everything was made stress-free for you! Thank you so much! :)

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Moving partner.

Moving APT Company Information