3.7/5 (62 ratings)

About Moving APT

Moving APT is a licensed interstate broker equipped with insured moving teams that aims to move your belongings quickly, safely and securely. Its team of experts has handled interstate moves for more than 10 years and has provided commercial and residential relocation services for more than 500,000 customers.

Pros

• Free quotes
  • Packing services
  • Corporate relocation services

Cons

• Third-party movers

Bottom Line

Moving APT specializes in long-distance moves and connects customers to its nationwide network of professional movers. It offers free online quotes and promises lower prices than what competitors charge.

Top Moving APT Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

On the moving day of the move, they accommodated every request and never made me feel like I was in the way or annoying. They took care to wrap everything carefully and managed to...

Verified

The crew came were amazing! We had a very difficult move to a rural area, and they were so positive and professional about the challenges we faced. They did a great job for me. I ...

Moving APT services

Moving APT secures local and long-distance movers for residential and commercial customers. As a moving broker, the company matches clients with the best fit from its extensive network of third-party service providers. Moving APT only works with U.S. Department of Transportation-registered carriers.

In addition to residential moves and corporate relocation, Moving APT offers the following services through its partners:

• Packing services: Moving APT arranges for trained, professional movers to securely pack all or some of your belongings.
  • Packing materials: You can purchase packing materials through Moving APT's partners. The company offers boxes, antique wrapping, blankets, padding, tape and other supplies.
  • Moving checklists: Work with one of Moving APT’s consultants to complete a checklist for before, during and after your move. The checklist has tips for making moving day go as smoothly as possible.
  • Car shipping: Moving APT vets nationwide car shipping companies to find those with the best protections, pricing and experience.

Moving APT cost

For moving a small two- or three-bedroom home from New York to Miami, Moving APT quotes ranged from $2,100 to $6,900. Quotes for moving a one-bedroom apartment started at $900. These quotes include tolls, taxes, fuel costs and all other fees. Adding extra services like packing, specialty items or storage will increase the overall costs. Don't forget to factor in the tip as well — typically between 15% and 20% for long-distance moves.

Moving APT FAQ

Is Moving APT a carrier or a broker?
Moving APT is a moving broker, not a carrier. This means that Moving APT does not transport possessions, so you won’t see a branded Moving APT truck on moving day. Instead, the company works with a network of nationwide movers and matches customers with one of its partners to perform the move.
How can I be sure I’ll be partnered with a good moving company?
Moving APT only works with movers that are registered with the U.S. Department of Transportation. Upon getting matched with a third-party mover, you can look up the company on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration website, which includes recent complaints, registration status, USDOT number, fleet information and other relevant company details.
Does Moving APT offer any discounts?
Moving APT works with movers that offer discounts for military personnel, seniors and people with disabilities. If you qualify for any of these discounts, mention it during the quote or consultation process.

Do we recommend Moving APT?

The most important thing to understand about working with Moving APT is that it is a broker, not a carrier. The main advantage of working with a broker is that it gives you access to numerous moving companies through one contact. If you want help navigating an overwhelming moving process and don’t know where to start, Moving APT helps you get organized, choose the right moving company and find the best deal.

Moving APT Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving APT?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

My experience went pretty well. The moving company was good. They were very communicative. There were some small damages done to things for the move itself. It may also have been a little easier had the glass stuff been protected better. It wasn't packaged, it was just covered in sheets. So, it was leaning against the door and that was what did it. It also took a long time to load, but he was waiting for another load to come through because he didn't have a full truck. But they were on time. They got down here a lot faster than I thought they were gonna get down here, so that was even better. As far as the Moving APT company, I was very pleased with them. They were also accurate on the final cost.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for sharing your experience Cassandra! Best wishes! :)

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

The first guy I spoke to at Moving APT, his name was Nick. And he was good. It wasn’t this exorbitantly complicated thing, which I was nervous about. This is my first out-of-state move. And he was very open. A lot of the reason I went with Moving APT is I liked talking to them more. He was, “Here’s what it is. Here’s what we can offer. We’ve got reviews. You have my number. You can call me anytime. Shop around. Make sure you feel good and get back to me if you don’t find anything better.” I liked that he wasn’t pushy.

When I asked him questions about what I could expect based off the sizing and the square foot, he gave me a close estimate right off the bat. The price didn’t change very much down the road from the initial estimate was. He’s well-informed. He knew all the dates. He laid out what the process would be like between moving, shipping, and drop off, any fees for stairs. He made sure I was well aware of. The moving day itself, I was already out. I had to leave early. So, I had my father there just to give them access. They called me, let me know how everything wound up with the article list that we informed beforehand. So, they kept me informed. They were pleasant to speak with.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for your feedback Bailey! We're here if you ever need us again!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

When I was looking at the reviews, I couldn't find any negative review about that Moving APT was not able to make the time commitments that they had come to. Also, when I looked at the estimates, they were much better in terms of giving what I thought was a thorough estimate and answering my questions. There weren't any charges that I wouldn't be aware of. But that was because they were so thorough in giving an estimate to begin with. So, I felt more confident in the bid that it would be what I was charged in the beginning. At the first round of bids, they were not the cheapest. And I’ve compared it to others. I went line item by line item and compared it. I went back to their company to ask them, “Oh, what about this? Might there be a charge for this? Because we didn't talk about this and this is my situation.” And it turned out it would be the same or more with these other companies.

Moving APT kept in touch with me about the schedule, because I had to do it in advance. I always had a contact number to stay in touch with people. And they always got back to me. Everything went as planned and expected. I had a very small note. And I was moving things that were in a storage unit. So, my needs were different than most people. I needed them to be able to stick with their days and times that they gave me because I was moving. That was the most important to me. I would recommend that people look into them.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for your recommendation Karen! We appreciate it so much! :)

Original review: April 29, 2022

I called Moving APT and talked to a gentleman by the name of Pete. I checked a couple of other companies, and all the information he gave me, the price and how they operate, I was very satisfied with. When they picked the stuff up, two gentlemen were there. I was very surprised how efficient they were in packing and how fast. In two and a half hours, they had the stuff packed and loaded. When Paul first gave me the price, he asked me how many boxes and totes I’d have, and I told him I wasn’t sure. He figured so many there, and he said if there was more or less, they'd adjust the price. We paid a down payment and the two payments afterwards, and they were pretty close to what they were. It was an excellent experience with Moving APT.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much Jerry! Best wishes in your new home! :)

Original review: April 23, 2022

We ended up with Moving APT because of the price. The representative was absolutely wonderful. There were some little additives that had to go on there that he missed, but he was really prompt in calling me and telling me what those were. The pack-up crew was absolutely wonderful and we thoroughly enjoyed them packing everything up. But they could have been a little gentler with our stuff. We had a lot of broken picture frames and glass. The Princess House glasses got broken. But we understood what was going on and we knew the chances so everything's okay.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for the review, Robert! We are also so sorry to hear that you experienced a damage. If you have not filed a claim for this yet for compensation, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department at 786-528-6086 or at cs@movingservicesteam.com, and we would be happy to help you with this! Thank you again!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

Terry ** vouched for himself that he had no problem moving all the furniture by himself, but I want it to be know that he did everything all by himself. The company should have backups in case anyone calls out sick, but Mr. ** did an outstanding job for being the only one. He deserves every recognition and a ** raise for all that hard work. And the company better have minimum 4 people to move stuff so there is never just one person doing it all. Terry ** can be reached at **, and if he only gets a pat on the back, you are doing him an absolute disservice.

Moving APT response

Thank you for your review, your feedback has been sent to your carrier. Thank you for assisting us in creating a better experience, and best wishes!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

I would like to start by saying I have moved many times before but never have I experienced such professionalism from my first sales call all the way to when my stuff got delivered in FL. My items were delivered on time, and no damages. I had great support from the staff throughout this experience. I will recommend them, and give them all my support.

Moving APT response

This makes us so happy to hear Liam! Thank you so much for your feedback!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

From start to finish, MovingAPT made a hectic move very easy for me. We had a state to state move. The movers who came for pick up were absolutely top notch professionals. They wrapped and gently handled our furniture. The next day, a new set of movers, equally as kind and professional, delivered our furniture and set everything up just as we asked. I will say I vetted probably 10 moving companies and MovingAPT not only had the best price, but they had great reviews and now they’ve made me a believer. Payment was easy and fair. I will definitely use them for my next move. 10 stars!

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for the amazing review and kind words Pamela! We truly appreciate it and wish you the best! :)

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

My experience with Moving APT went well. I wish it was a little bit faster, but other than that, the customer service was really good on the pickup and delivery end. I would recommend them.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much Rokhaya! We appreciate the feedback!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

The guy who set up the move for me was nice but I wasn't happy about my move. I saw Moving APT offers a military discount so I went with them. However, I didn't know they were gonna use a third party for my move. They said somebody was gonna call me 24 hours before my move but nobody called me. The next day, I get a phone call from the movers saying they were 45 minutes from my location. I had to stop everything that I was doing to go to the storage unit and be there. They got there before me and I didn't even know who they were. They were Puma Van Lines and they said they were subcontracted.

Then, I had to deal with paying two companies. I paid APT and then Puma Van said I gotta pay them before they can move and leave. So, I was at the storage unit doing math making sure I don't get overcharged. It was very frustrating. I spoke to a gentleman after that and he was apologetic. He said that it shouldn't happen and that I should have been notified within a proper amount of time.

Also, I got an email from an APT person saying she was my point of contact and to contact her if I have any questions. I left her several voicemails, I called her, and I emailed her but she never responded to any of my phone calls. Then, another lady called me from Puma Van Lines who said she was my point of contact. It was chaotic.

Puma Van Lines forgot a ton of my stuff in Dallas. They missed two TVs, a couch, and a bunch of boxes. I was going back and forth with them. The guy I was dealing with was nice and responsive, which I appreciated. Finally, they found my stuff and it took them three weeks to get me all my stuff. I haven't even gotten a chance to look through the stuff to make sure my TVs are okay. Some stuff was damaged and I get it. It happens. But I'm never using APT again.

Moving APT response

Moving APT is truly sorry to hear that the customer had a negative experience in their move. Unfortunately, we were never made aware of this until now. Our Customer Service Department has now reached out to the customer to offer to take care of the customer's claim for them ourselves and compensate the customer ourselves if their carrier has not done so, and / or assist them with anything else that they may need.

Moving APT Company Information