2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.95/5

Compare Movers

International Van Lines is an A+ rated company and has been ranked as one of America's top 3 moving companies. IVL also maintains a 5 star rating with Yelp.

IVL operates through the entire continental U.S. as well as services any destination worldwide. They offer long-distance, international and local moving services.

International Van Lines Reviews

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Moving, in general, can be very stressful. However, finding the right company to move you is even more mind-boggling. Since I was a first-timer, I didn't realize how many complaints movers get, even the largest companies. After about a week of research, I stumbled upon International Van Lines. I found them listed number one on several consumer websites who claim they're the best. With that said, I gave them a shot. My experience from the initial call to delivery was smooth. My sales rep Maggie was very kind and attentive to my needs. She was also genuine, which I liked. My move was for a three-bedroom house which required packing. They sent a team of 5 who did a great job packing everything up promptly. The crew was very professional and made sure the preparation was done right. The delivery to my new home took 2 days, and I had zero damage. I hope I don't have to move anytime soon, but if I do, I will work with IVL again.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I spent countless hours researching movers. I've never worked with a moving company, but I've had some friends that were ripped off by moving companies. A Google search helps but doesn't reveal the whole story about a company. I went to Consumer Report and the DOT website for my information. IVL came highly rated, so I felt comfortable working with them. The fact is their price was not the cheapest, but I was not looking for cheap, I wanted quality. My rep, Justin **., was great! He was not a pushy salesman like the others and did an excellent job of explaining everything to me with a sincere approach, and I did not feel pressured. The crew then sent was on time, and Mike **. the foreman was great at organizing everything. I left them 5 stars on their performance sheet and wanted to take some time to leave a review. All of my goods arrived with no damage and no issues so I was very pleased and would use them again if needed.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

International Van Lines was contracted by my employer to move my personal possessions from Atlanta, GA to Monroe, LA. I received everything yesterday and want to take the time and leave some feedback about my experience. Quoting process: my sales rep Justin, was great! He thoroughly went over an inventory list with me, answered all my questions, and was always quick to pick up my calls. The conversation lasted 20 min, and he emailed me a binding estimate. Pick up day: The crew showed up on time as planned. They appeared and were very kind to my family. They did an excellent job packing and prepping my goods.

Delivery: The move took 2 days. I got everything that was picked up and had no damage. The foreman on both ends was great! They did not charge me more or cause any problems. The process was more natural then I had imagined. I was thrilled with the outcome of experience with IVL and would totally work with them again. I also left then a 5-star report with my company.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I wanted to take a minute and write a review for International Van Lines. I've hired movers on several different occasions, and working with IVL was a breath of fresh air, starting with my relocation coordinator Justin. My move was from California to IL for a four-bedroom house, car, and two motorcycles. As you can imagine, I was very nervous about the process considering the value of my things and complexities. The foreman Dario and his crew did a fantastic job organizing my stuff in a way where it fits in the truck like a puzzle. They sent a different vehicle for the automobiles and motorcycle. It was a two-day move, but things got done right. It was a straight delivery to my residence, so I received everything in 3 days. I ended up with no damage or added charges, which was a lot different than my last experience. Working with International Van Lines was great and needless to say I would call them if I needed another moving company.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I hired International Van Lines back in August for a move from NY to CA. I did not have a chance to post, but wanted to circle back around to leave some feedback. First and foremost it took me 2 weeks to find a decent moving company. It seems that almost every moving company out there has a bad reputation. IVL was recommended by 3 different consumer websites as being a top ranked mover. I contacted Justin who gave me a good quote and handled all my questions. On the day of the move they sent 4 guys to pack everything for my family. The guys were very professional and did a great job. This was for a 3 bedroom home and took about 7 hours. I received my goods about a week later with no damages, overcharges or issues. They did what they claimed so I am a happy customer and would use them again if needed. Good job guys.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about International Van Lines?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

All in all I was pleased with the outcome. My company hired them so I didn’t really have a say. They did what they promised and I would use them again. I had no issues with damage or delay which made me very happy. IVL are stand up people and do what they say!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

International Van Lines is a great group! Lisa, Justin and the foreman Mike went above and beyond to ensure my satisfaction. My move consisted of a 6 bedroom house from FL to CO. I ended up with no damage or any issues for that matter. Their quoting process was easy, they were polite and I would totally use them again.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Overall my experience with IVL went well. Being that I had no damage, delays or overcharges, I can't complain. The team they sent was great! They worked diligently to make sure everything was done in a timely manner. I've had to hire movers in the past and this was one of the better moves. I would use them again if needed.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

IVL moves my family from Houston to Port St Lucie, FL. This was a move for a 6 bedroom house, 2 cars and a grand piano. I spent weeks searching for movers and after reading all the reviews IVL came up number one. My rep Justin was the best. He offered us a virtual walkthrough, flat price and everything he said came true. The crews were amazing and I have no damage or added fees. My experience with IVL was great and I don’t mind leaving them high stars.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I hired IVL based on their reviews and referrals. Initially I thought their price was a bit high, but for what they provided it was worth it. Their customer service was great! We had a personal account manager (Karin) who was amazing. Everything went well minus a slight delay. It was a 5 star service in my opinion. I’d work with them again if needed.

Let us do the heavy lifting!

Take our two minute quiz to find the right moving company for you.

International Van Lines expert review by Jessica Render

International Van Lines began in 2007 and is headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, FL. They are one of the most recognized international and national relocation companies in the country.

• Reputable: International Van Lines has a great reputation, with over 3,000 global partners around the world.

• Complete services: The company offers customers a variety of services, from packing items, delivering them, unpacking them and helping with international transitions.

• Auto transport: International also offers auto transport for those who need cars to be moved across the country or to foreign locations.

• International: It's one of the best selections for those who are moving internationally because of the level of experience and foreign partnerships available to customers.

• Corporate: They're also experienced with corporate moves.

• Best for: Corporations, individuals and military families.

by Jessica Render ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Jessica Render is dedicated to providing well-researched, valuable content designed to help consumers make informed purchase decisions they can feel confident making. She holds a degree in journalism from Oral Roberts University.

International Van Lines Company Information