3.92/5

Compare Movers

International Van Lines

International Van Lines is an A+ rated company and has been ranked as one of America's top 3 moving companies. IVL also maintains a 5 star rating with Yelp.

IVL operates through the entire continental U.S. as well as services any destination worldwide. They offer long-distance, international and local moving services.

Compare Movers

International Van Lines Reviews

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I spent countless hours researching movers. I've never worked with a moving company, but I've had some friends that were ripped off by moving companies. A Google search helps but doesn't reveal the whole story about a company. I went to Consumer Report and the DOT website for my information. IVL came highly rated, so I felt comfortable working with them. The fact is their price was not the cheapest, but I was not looking for cheap, I wanted quality. My rep, Justin **., was great! He was not a pushy salesman like the others and did an excellent job of explaining everything to me with a sincere approach, and I did not feel pressured. The crew then sent was on time, and Mike **. the foreman was great at organizing everything. I left them 5 stars on their performance sheet and wanted to take some time to leave a review. All of my goods arrived with no damage and no issues so I was very pleased and would use them again if needed.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

International Van Lines was contracted by my employer to move my personal possessions from Atlanta, GA to Monroe, LA. I received everything yesterday and want to take the time and leave some feedback about my experience. Quoting process: my sales rep Justin, was great! He thoroughly went over an inventory list with me, answered all my questions, and was always quick to pick up my calls. The conversation lasted 20 min, and he emailed me a binding estimate. Pick up day: The crew showed up on time as planned. They appeared and were very kind to my family. They did an excellent job packing and prepping my goods.

Delivery: The move took 2 days. I got everything that was picked up and had no damage. The foreman on both ends was great! They did not charge me more or cause any problems. The process was more natural then I had imagined. I was thrilled with the outcome of experience with IVL and would totally work with them again. I also left then a 5-star report with my company.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I used International Van Lines for a move from NY to CA back in 2015. I recently had to move again and decided to call these guys for a quote. Lucky for me the sales rep I dealt with back then is still there and was able to work out a reasonable price and get the move set up for me. My move was 3 bedroom to 3 bedroom and required a full pack & load. The guys from IVL showed up on time and worked very hard and quick to ensure everything got done properly. I was so pleased with the pickup crew that I decided to tip them $150 each and buy them lunch which was well deserved. My items arrived at my destination about a week later and offloaded by a different crew who was equally as good. Moving in general sucks, but IVL made it easy for my family and we did not have to deal with any issues. The reason for my 5 star review is simply the fact that they performed exactly to what was sold to me which is a nice change.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I recently moved to Springfield, CO from Austin, TX and contracted with IVL to handle the entire move. My move consisted of a 3 bedroom hours + 2 cars that needed to be shipped. Since my company was paying for the move I decided to have IVL do everything from the packing, loading and crating a few pieces of furniture. The crew from IVL that showed us were excellent. They spent pretty much the whole day working and did a fine job. I made sure to tip the movers very well as well as buy them lunch.

Since we had a full truckload it took about 4 days to get to the destination in Springfield where they did the offloading. The guys there were different than the pickup crew, but did an amazing job. They made sure to clean up all the boxes, assemble furniture and even put away my dishes and clothes. I was very impressed with the outcome of the move that I decided to get them on the vendor list with my company. This is a 5 star moving company and I would most certainly use them again if I had to hire a moving company. I would also like to mention that my sales rep Justin was amazing so if you need a mover, call him directly.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

IVL performed well! My move was pretty complex considering the size, autos and a large trailer. The moving process was grueling and took 3 full days of labor. IVL sent a massive crew on 10 people to get the job done. The guys that came out worked so hard and I was very impressed. Keep in mind that movers don't make a lot of money so I was happy to leave them all with a $150 tip each as well as bought them lunch and dinner all 3 days. Even though IVL said this was not mandatory I felt compelled considering their hard work. My stuff ended up on 3 trailers and arrived at my San Francisco residence in 4 days. Although the delivery crew was different than the pickup crew they were just as good. I was surprised to see only 1 item get damaged. The fact is the move went flawless. I did not even file a claim for the dresser because it wasn't that important to me. The guys at IVL really went above and beyond and I would 100% use them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about International Van Lines?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

Most dishonest company I've ever worked with. They people to put 4 and 5-star reviews to cover up the real reviews of 1 star. Read the reviews and you will see similar statements, slightly different but still the same. Their quote was ~$4k less than what I finally paid. Bait and switch at it best. I used them to move from California to the Midwest. Everything seemed fine when they loaded the truck with 3 people. The nightmare started when it came to delivering my belongings. They were 2 weeks late. When they actually showed, it came in an extremely old non-moving style truck with one person and no ramp. Unloading EVERY SINGLE BOX WAS CRUSHED. I ended up helping unload. After they emptied the truck, I found furniture and boxes that weren't mine. I rented another storage unit so I could go through everything and found half of my clothing missing, broken items, many irreplaceable items and art.

International Van Lines did everything to make it extremely difficult to reach anyone to make a damage claim...almost impossible. It's been months and I received a check for ~$250, ~$9k less than was damaged and lost. I wrote ** You on the check and sent it back. I've contacted the state attorney generals for both states and now hired an attorney to take them to court.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Moving, in general, is very stressful, but it was extremely challenging finding a company that I trusted. I moved several years ago and had a traumatizing experience, which caused me to research movers for weeks. It appears that having a good reputation in the moving industry is next to impossible, and IVL was the best I found. Several reviews were excellent, so I gave them a shot. My sales rep, Justin, was very detailed about the process. Also, unlike the other movers, he was not pushy, which I liked.

My entire move consisted of a four-bedroom house and a car. Everything was packed well and handled with care. They sent a team of 5 men who were polite, funny, professional, and very hard working. The movers worked quickly and made sure everything was packed and protected correctly. My experience with International Van Lines went above what I expected, so they get a 5 star review!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

Florida Bound. I recently received my delivery, and I'm pleased to leave this review for IVL. The guys did a great job the whole way through from the packing to the sales process. I've worked with several movers in the past, and this was the most stress-free. IVL was a bit pricier than others, but it was well worth it. I've used the method of price shopping movers in the past, and it ended up costing me a lot more. I had no damage, additional charges or problems the whole way through.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I recently moved from Los Angeles to Jacksonville, FL, with IVL. I chose them based on their reputation and feel. I liked the fact that my sales rep (Justin) was not pushy and listened to what I was telling him. I made the mistake of submitting my information on a website and must have received twenty calls from brokers and pushy people trying to get my money. IVL's team was on-time, performed well, and did everything they needed to do to make sure the job was done right. The crew that delivered was different, but they were also very professional. My experience was excellent, and I would use them and recommend them to anyone looking to move cross country.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

International Van Lines performed my move to Beverly Hills, CA, to San Fransico. My move consisted of a three-bedroom home that needed packing, loading, and crating on a couple of paintings. They sent three movers that did an excellent job packing and loading. They made sure everything was secure. My move overall went well, so I want to leave them five stars. I'd also like to say thank you to my sales rep Justin, who was great the whole way through. I would use them again.

International Van Lines expert review by Janine Sarna-Jones

International Van Lines began in 2007 and is headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, FL. They are one of the most recognized international and national relocation companies in the country.

• Reputable: International Van Lines has a great reputation, with over 3,000 global partners around the world.

• Complete services: The company offers customers a variety of services, from packing items, delivering them, unpacking them and helping with international transitions.

• Auto transport: International also offers auto transport for those who need cars to be moved across the country or to foreign locations.

• International: It's one of the best selections for those who are moving internationally because of the level of experience and foreign partnerships available to customers.

• Corporate: They're also experienced with corporate moves.

• Best for: Corporations, individuals and military families.

Profile picture of Janine Sarna-Jones
      Janine Sarna-Jones Moving Expert

Janine Sarna-Jones is a Certified Professional Organizer and Move Manager. She is the founder and president of Organize Me Inc. and has been helping people get organized at work and at home since 1992. A member of the inaugural class of Certified Personal Organizers and board member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing, Janine has helped a broad range of clients, including corporate executives, small business owners, real-estate agents, moms, artists, therapists, and non-profit organizations.

International Van Lines Company Information