2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.91/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

IVL operates through the entire continental U.S. as well as services any destination worldwide. They offer long-distance, international and local moving services.

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

International Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about International Van Lines?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about International Van Lines?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

My wife and I recently moved from San Fransico to Seattle. We moved from a 2 to a 3 bedroom house. We interviewed 3 companies and decided on IVL because of our sales rep Justin, and their overall reputation. We never hired movers and had no clue about all the scams out there. Justin did a good job of being transparent, straightforward and giving us the scoop. Other movers promised the world and gave us pricing of about $3000 less then IVL, but after researching those companies I quickly realized I was about to be scammed. Anyhow IVL did a good job. There was a slight delay on delivery for reason beyond their control, so I was fine. We got all of our stuff in one piece and the whole experience was pretty easy.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I’m not one to leave reviews, but as a business owner it was important to leave some feedback regarding my experience with IVL. Most people will stop what they’re doing to write negative comments, but I’m one to understand that leaving positive feedback equals the playing field. Anyhow my move was from Monterey, CA to Manassas, VA. We moved a 4 bedroom home with 2 cars. Their cost was in line, but the main reason I chose them was based on my comfort level. My rep Justin was upfront and honest and put me at ease.

IVL showed up in a nice truck and went to work. We had a total of 6 movers shoe packed everything and was very efficient. It was a straight delivery and everything arrived on time. We had a couple of minor damages, but we filed a claim with insurance and they took care of it. My experience with IVL was positive and I would use them again. My suggestions are to always purchase additional insurance, be very clear with what you’re looking for and always ask for worst case scenarios. Moving is not fun and you should always plan for the worst.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 25, 2020

I’m not much of a reviewer, but I felt the need to leave some feedback due to the exceptional experience I had. First, I’d like to thank Mike ** and Justin ** for providing a great customer service experience. IVL saved me from going with a scam company that was abnormally cheap. Like most people I was shopping around and was surprised at the vast differences in price. IVL appeared more on paper, but the reality is they have me an honest estimate. As expected the movers showed up on the requested date and did their thing. They managed to safely move my 1000lbs safer and grand piano. Everything was delivered as planned and without damage or any scary surprises. I’m happy I did research and didn’t fall victim to one of these so called movers (brokers). Happy customer!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Today I received my delivery, and I'm pleased with my experience. Packing and loading a five-bedroom home is challenging, and the IVL crew did a great job. Their movers were fantastic, and I owe them all the credit. We bought them lunch and tipped them very well. As for the front end, I would like to say thank you to Justin, who walked me through the whole process. As most of you know, moving can be very taxing, and he made sure I was at ease the entire time. With that said, I had no damage, nor did I have to pay anything over what they had quoted me. I opened a Yelp account specifically to leave them a useful review.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Moving, in general, can be very stressful. However, finding the right company to move you is even more mind-boggling. Since I was a first-timer, I didn't realize how many complaints movers get, even the largest companies. After about a week of research, I stumbled upon International Van Lines. I found them listed number one on several consumer websites who claim they're the best. With that said, I gave them a shot. My experience from the initial call to delivery was smooth. My sales rep Maggie was very kind and attentive to my needs. She was also genuine, which I liked. My move was for a three-bedroom house which required packing. They sent a team of 5 who did a great job packing everything up promptly. The crew was very professional and made sure the preparation was done right. The delivery to my new home took 2 days, and I had zero damage. I hope I don't have to move anytime soon, but if I do, I will work with IVL again.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

This is the 7th time in my life I had to go through the grueling task of moving out of state. This was a big move for my family. We moved from Texas to IL and needed full service. Although my company paid for the move I was still very nervous just like anyone moving. They did a great job! They under sold and over delivered. I was pleased and I am leaving them recommendations wherever I can.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

The whole process was great start to finish. The driver was very and attentive and polite. The transport went very well considering I kept changing the date of them. So happy I hired them. 200% recommended!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

We hired IVL back in 2007 for our move from GA to CA. This time we were moving back. My experience the first time around was good, so I gave them another shot. We had another great move with IVL so I wanted to spend the time and leave a review. Their price was in line, service top notch and they were very pleasant to deal with overall.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

My family had a positive experience moving with IVL. We moved from San Fransico to NY and had no issues. They were very proactive in terms of getting our inventory and quote done. The price was accurate. We also had no damage which was nice. All in all we rate them 5 out of 5 and would use them again.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I needed a last minute move for my relocation from San Fransico to Dallas. I found IVL online and they came highly rated. The whole experience was seamless. The movers did a great job with the loading and off loading. They also packed very well. I’m a second time mover and this was a better experience for my family. I’d use them again.

International Van Lines author review by Tom Rains

This company specializes in international moves. It also offers long-distance moves, corporate relocations and military moves. Auto shipping is available to those who need to move a car.

• Types of moves: The company offers local, long distance and international moves. It serves residential or commercial clients. International moves can be door-to-door, door-to-port, port-to-door or port-to-port.

• Cost: The estimated cost to move from Chicago to Germany is $4,200 for a 40-foot shipping container (2,000 cubic feet). Costs vary based on several factors, however.

• Service areas: International Van Lines can move you anywhere in the U.S. and to many international locations.

• Additional services: If you need your car hauled, auto shipping services are available. International Van Lines can also provide full packing services.

by Tom Rains ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Tom Rains graduated from the University of Oklahoma in 2014 with a master’s degree in Professional Writing. Tom’s passion for delivering quality content fuels him to provide consumers with accurate, well-researched information on major life purchases.

International Van Lines Company Information