3.94/5

Discover the right moving company for you

International Van Lines

International Van Lines is an A+ rated company and has been ranked as one of America's top 3 moving companies. IVL also maintains a 5 star rating with Yelp.

IVL operates through the entire continental U.S. as well as services any destination worldwide. They offer long-distance, international and local moving services.

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

340 International Van Lines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I used IVL for a move to Colorado back in August. I just wanted to leave my review because I never got around to it. The guys did a great job packing, loading and getting everything on the truck. Move took about 5 days and the delivery went well too. This is the first time working with a moving company and I'm happy to say that it went well.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I had the worst experience with International Van Lines. Hired them to move my things from Billings, Montana to Charlotte, North Carolina. Paid my deposit, made the second payment at pickup and then I went through hell with this company trying to get my things delivered to me. Terrible customer service, no one picks up when you call and no one called me to keep me informed about delivery delays. I was only able to speak to someone once and even he couldn't explain where my things were or when they would be delivered.

The person I spoke with eventually told me they had sub-contracted the job to another company. I ended up sending several emails back and forth trying to figure out where my things were. Had to call the other company several times. For almost 3 months my little girl and I suffered without our things after moving across the country when I was told it would take about 3 weeks.

The emotional trauma and stress this company caused me is something I never hope to experience again. I made a report to the BBB about them and filed a complaint with the DOT. The worst part is that not only did I NOT get an apology when my things were finally delivered but I still had to pay all of the remaining balance after all the stress and trauma caused. I ended up having to buy some things again especially for my little girl just to have some semblance of normalcy till our things came. My daughter would ask every day if our things were coming or if I had heard from IVL about our things. It was terrible. The stress affected me emotionally and my work. Worst moving company. I do not recommend anyone use them.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I hired IVL for a move from Coral Springs, FL to PA and was happy with their service. The movers did a good job packing, loading and delivering. I found IVL on a couple of consumer websites who referred them as being a top ranked mover. I paid a bit more than I would have, but it was well worth it. Moving is not really one of those things you want to price shop.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Unbelievably good service, especially for the price. If you’re lucky enough to get in touch International Van Lines, you’ll 100% be in good hands. Super pro, super friendly, great communication — I’ll keep this app in mind for the future.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I contracted with International Van Lines for a long distance move from Houston, TX to New York. My move consisted of a 4 bedroom house, a grand piano and 2 vehicles. We hired IVL based on referrals and reputation. I had a pretty large move so they sent a 6 man crew who came and packed everything for us. The foreman (Jake) and crew were excellent. They worked their butts off for 2 days and did a fine job. We took delivery about a week later. We went through all of our goods and found no damage or scratched to any of our furniture. This was the 4th time I had to work with a moving company and by far the best of the 4. I am happy to leave this review and if anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about International Van Lines?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

IVL was a good choice. Hired them for a small move to NY. Their reputation and the sales rep Brian is what sold me. I would use them again and refer them. I had no damage, hidden charges, lost or stolen items. This is the 3rd time I used a mover and IVL was the better of the 3.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

My husband and I had to move from Denver to Philadelphia because my mother-in-law was diagnosed with terminal bone cancer. With news of our mother plus receiving new jobs back East we wanted to find the most highly rated moving service no matter what the cost to not have to deal with any more stress. This all happened in August but we have not wanted to go back to this place of anger but we believe it is important for consumers to hear our experience... IVL may do great work in the state of Florida but we could not have been treated more poorly. They hired a third party company (SAFE WAY MOVING). They assured us we were in good hands but it could not have been more horrific of a situation.

The movers were great upon arrival even though it ended up costing WAY more than we were quoted but the nightmare began when our things were delivered. They opened the side and our possessions were literally crumbled into one ball in the trailer. We were the last stop and they did not have moving dividers or anything holding our possessions in place. EVERYTHING was damaged. We were speechless... The staff unloading said that this was the worst they had ever seen with damaged possessions and then they continued to tell my husband and I about how poorly they were treated by the driver and how he stole their tips.

When we confronted the driver calmly he was extremely rude and unprofessional just like his staff and they left without delivering our things into our warehouse. When we called we spoke with Jeremy **, he basically told us that we were out of luck because of the type of insurance we had and he did not even want to know what happened with our situation or even care to follow up with us nor did he offer any compensation. Moreover, we just wanted them find another third party company and to care about families in the future so they did not have to ever go through we had to AND THEY DID NOT CARE. International Van Lines need to do better research with the companies they dispatch it was probably the cheapest for them which then the customers have to suffer with poor service. DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE AND LOOK ELSEWHERE.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I used International Van Lines for a move into New York. This company paid move and decided to have them do everything from packing. The Move went smooth. I had some stuff in storage for about a month and then delivered when ready. I got everything with no problem so I'm a happy customer.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

This move couldn't gone better. I'm really impressed with Time company, they did an excellent job. They moved all my belongings from Arizona to California. 5 man crew. The Best crew ever. Handled my stuff with great care. Great customer service. Great Price. International Van Lines is my # 1 moving company in and out of State.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I'm definitely pleased with my experience I had with this company, superb customer service and wonderful prices, they made my move so much more easier! If I were to ever move again or if any if my family must do so, I'll definitely recommend them!!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Excellent service! The move couldn't been better. They took great care of all my belongings. Great customer service, they help me assemble my furniture, wrap everything. They really made me feel comfortable. I will definitely recommend this company to everyone looking to move.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I recently moved for a new job opportunity in San Francisco. My company paid for the move so I needed to make sure I found a reputable company and not the cheapest I could find. There are a lot of horror stories about moving companies online, but I found IVL and they maintain a great reputation. I contracted with them in July on 2018 for my move. My sales rep Alex was wonderful. He went over all the details of the move and really took his time walking me through the process. The movers were amazing. They worked their butts off to make sure everything was done in a timely manner. I gave them a very nice tip and bought everyone lunch. I received my goods about a week later and everything was fine. I was very pleased with the service I even referred them to other employees in my company.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

This was a great move. Excellent company. I couldn't be happier with their service. They move all my belongings. From Arizona to LA California. 5 man crew. Excellent skills and great customer service. I will definitely hire them again.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I hired IVL for an out of state move from Houston, TX to Los Angeles, CA. My company paid for the move so I had them provide a full service. It included packing, loading, crating and setting up furniture at the delivery location. They sent a 4 man crew who got the job done in a timely manner. They really did a great job with the packing and using the proper packing materials. I would say it took a total of about 6 hours. I then received all my goods in TX about a week later. They sent a different crew to deliver, but they were equally as good if not better than the pickup crew. They placed everything where it needed to be and without any damage. I've never worked with a moving company so I don't have anything to compare to, but it was a good experience overall.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

This is the second time I had to move in 2 years and used IVL for both moves. I can't speak for anyone else, but I myself had a pleasant experience. They maintain a very good reputation and I see why. Not everything went according to plan, but they were quick to fix the situations that arised and I would use them again.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I recently moved to New York and hired IVL based on referrals and online reviews. I paid for a full service move which consisted of packing, loading and assembly at destination. The total cost to move my 3 bedroom home was about $3500 which was fair. IVL sent a 4 man crew to complete the job which took about 7 hours upon pick up. I received my goods about a week later in perfect condition. They managed to put everything together as agreed and I was pleased with the outcome. I would 100% use them again. My sales rep was Justin who was amazing the whole way through.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I moved to Brooklyn, NY and I was looking for a great moving company and my cousin gave me International Van Lines. I called them up and they gave me a good quote. When moving day came, they was on time, workers moved my items with care and was pleased with the service from them starting until they finish. The move went well and I would highly recommend to family and friends. I had no damage or hidden charges. I would use them again.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

We used International Van Lines for our move from one New Jersey location to another. They farmed it out to a company in the Bronx NY named Energy Moving Systems. They lost all of my shoes, and a very expensive handbag. Both IVL and Energy were extremely rude on the phone, and not helpful. After multiple phone calls to them, I had to give up. Never, never use these companies. Terrible experience.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

This is the 7th time in my life I had to work with a moving company. I've had good and bad experiences and have become somewhat of a moving expert over the years. I knew what to look for when choosing a moving company. IVL did an on site survey, gave me a "binding" quote and performed according to contract. This was one of the better moving experiences that I had and I would use them again for my next one.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I hired IVL back in 2015 to handle my move from Los Angeles to NY. I had to move back and decided on IVL again. The guys are consistent and did a great job on both moves. The same sales rep I dealt with back in 2015 was still there which was a good sign. I was pleased with the outcome. No damage or hidden charges so I would use again if needed.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I had a very positive experience with IVL. The crew worked their butts off to make sure things got done in a timely manner and handled with care. My sales rep Justin was very pleasant. He went over all details and was very honest and forthcoming about the moving process. I have zero complaints so they get 5 stars from me.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Hired IVL to handle my move from Queens, NY to Los Angeles. I was pleased with their service and decided to leave a review. My rep Alex was great! He went over my list, gave me a binding quote and the crew performed accordingly to plan. I was very pleased and would use them again.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I'm a college student and recently moved to NYC to pursue my dreams. I was on a very tight budget, but I was not willing to settle for a company with a bad rating. I came across IVL who maintains a very good reputation. I paid a bit more, but was pleased with the overall experience. I didn't have much to move, but the little that I have I wanted to arrive in one piece with no damages or hidden charges. It was a good experience so they get a good review from me.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

The packers arrived late each day for this big move (4300 cubic feet). Moving day they arrived late, just when the house cleaners arrived. They demanded $1000 in cash in addition to the moving price. The shipment was stored for several weeks, and when it arrived (just three days after it was scheduled to arrive), the truck came at 3 in the afternoon! Only 3 people to unload this large shipment, and the unloading went on until 1:30 AM, with no lights! No doubt some of the high damage happened then. A grandfather clock was seriously damaged, a couch leg broken, a table leg broken, chair leg broken, Bbq grill wheels broken off, and a marble top cast iron garden table did not arrive at all. Other smaller damage included broken platters, pots, cups and decorative objects. This was a horrendous experience! No one should use this company.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

CA move. Chose IVL for my move to San Francisco. Guys did a great job! I'm not one to leave reviews, but I was so pleased with the service I thought I would leave some feedback. Guys packed well, no damage or hidden charges. I would use them again.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I moved from London to New York. I hired IVL simply because they were referred to me by a friend and it also appears that they have an excellent reputation. I moved a 3 bedroom flat which required full service. IVL handled customs clearance and delivery as well. The process took about 3 weeks from pick up to delivery. I would use them again.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

International Van Lines did a great job overseeing and performing my move from Salt Lake City, Utah to New York. We had them literally do everything from packing, loading, and crating. They also put everything away for us at destination which was a huge help. I've moved several time and this was one of the better experiences. I would totally use them again. If you're looking for a mover call Justin. He was very upfront, polite and did everything he promised to do.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Had a good experience with IVL so decided to leave a review. I don't normally spend time and do review, but they did a great job so why not. Move was smooth, guys were on time and packed well. I move to New York from Chicago. Very happy and would use again.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Hired IVL to handle my move from SC to NY. I paid for a full pack move which also including some special crating and auto shipping. My sales rep was Brian who did a great job getting everything organized and setting up the move for me. I was very pleased with the experience. I didn't have any damage, loss or added charges. All in all it was very easy and I would use them again.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I recently received my delivery from IVL and was pleased with the overall result. I paid for a full service move which required packing, loading and crating of my grand piano. My sales rep Alex did a great job organizing the move. The guys showed up on time and worked their butts off to get the move done in a timely manner. My move was from NY to Boston. I would use them again if needed. Great job guys!

International Van Lines expert review by ConsumerAffairs

International Van Lines began in 2007 and is headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, FL. They are one of the most recognized international and national relocation companies in the country.

• Reputable: International Van Lines has a great reputation, with over 3,000 global partners around the world.

• Complete services: The company offers customers a variety of services, from packing items, delivering them, unpacking them and helping with international transitions.

• Auto transport: International also offers auto transport for those who need cars to be moved across the country or to foreign locations.

• International: It's one of the best selections for those who are moving internationally because of the level of experience and foreign partnerships available to customers.

• Corporate: They're also experienced with corporate moves.

• Best for: Corporations, individuals and military families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs