3.6/5 (623 ratings)

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks:

About International Van Lines

International Van Lines, also known as IVL, operates throughout the entire continental U.S. and services all kinds of destinations worldwide. It offers long-distance, international and local moving services. It also provides free quotes and sets up customers with relocation coordinators who can help plan their moves.

Find Moving Companies near you

Pros

• Multiple options
    • 180+ countries
    • Free quotes
    • Relocation coordinators

Cons

• No pricing info upfront
    • 25% deposit

Bottom Line

International Van Lines is a licensed moving carrier that offers multiple services across the nation and in 180+ countries. Although it doesn’t provide cost info online, you can request a free customized quote.

Top International Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about International Van Lines?

Verified

Great moving experience! Mike and his team were quick and effective and have moved our 1-bedroom apartment in less time than estimated, but still taking great care of all our furn...

Verified

I’m not one to post reviews, but I’m compelled to share that our experience with IVL went well… Our move was for a 4 bedroom house from New York to Seattle. In the midst of all th...

What is International Van Lines?

International Van Lines is a licensed moving company that offers a wide variety of services for individuals and families. The company is licensed by the Department of Transportation, the Federal Maritime Commission and the American Moving & Storage Association. It offers its services nationwide and in more than 180 countries.

International Van Lines services

International Van Lines offers local, long-distance and international moves. Its team provides full-service door-to-door or port-to-port moving solutions. As a licensed freight forwarder, International Van Lines maintains direct contracts with leading ocean carriers in order to provide competitive pricing for international moves. The company also offers freight and air moving solutions.

It pairs customers with relocation coordinators to plan the details of their move. You can schedule an in-person or virtual walk-through to get a more accurate quote and plan.

International Van Lines moving costs

The cost of International Van Lines’ services can range widely from customer to customer — a local move, for example, could cost a quarter of the price of a long-distance one. For easy access to pricing info, you can request a free quote. To hold the date after you get your quote, you’ll have to pay a deposit of about 25% of the total cost of the quote. If you need to cancel, the company refunds 100% of the deposit paid (up to 48 hours before the scheduled pickup).

International Van Lines FAQ

Does International Van Lines offer international moving services?

Yes. International Van Lines specializes in international moves.

Is International Van Lines a broker?

Yes. International Van Lines is both a carrier and a broker for moves. Most customers use it as a carrier, but if a truck breaks down or a customer needs services in places IVL doesn’t cover, it acts as a broker.

Does International Van Lines have moving insurance?

Yes. IVL offers insurance for both domestic and international moves. If you opt out, IVL provides limited liability coverage, which covers $0.60 per pound per article.

Does International Van Lines offer packing services?

Yes. You can add packing services to your moving package at an additional cost. IVL also sells packing supplies like boxes and tape.

Is International Van Lines a good company?

International Van Lines is a licensed and certified moving carrier with a good history of service and support. It has a vast array of moving options, including freight, air and sea, plus transport to more than 180 countries. Unfortunately, the company doesn’t offer sample pricing online; you have to call the company for a free quote. Its 25% upfront deposit also might not be feasible for some, but it does have a 100% refund policy up to 48 hours before the move.

International Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about International Van Lines?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

To complete the task of moving, especially long distance interstate moving, can be time consuming, stressful and costly. We would like to share our experience with the moving company, International Van Lines, via the following review. We first searched online to find several companies based on reviews. After a few phone calls we decided to choose IVL because of the excellent communications with the Relocation Specialist, Rick **, who served the coordinator throughout our entire moving process.

We would like to emphasize that Rick was not only responsive to ALL our questions and requests very promptly by either replying to our emails or calling back upon receiving our voice messages, but also very patient about explaining everything in detail to ensure our understanding. He was articulate and made it easy for us to understand their volume based charges per cubic foot (some companies charge differently by weight) with boxes of small/medium/large and special items in different sizes. Thanks to his upfront clear explanations, we were able to provide relatively accurate information on the numbers and sizes of all our boxes. In addition, he pulled our house on MLS listing with photos while talking to us to make accurate estimate of all pieces of furniture to be moved.

This in turn, according to Rick, made it easier for him to give us a more accurate overall estimate. As a result, there was no unexpected extra charge when the pickup team came. (This is one of the complaints found in online reviews of different moving companies.) And we think the actual cost of the moving is fair compared to quotes from other companies.

Rick’s job did not stop here, He coordinated the whole process very well. Everything happed, in sequence, was exactly as he described. We received an email and phone call from Lisa, the account manager and one of the team members, the day before pick up with all the details. She helped us with minor modification of the number of boxes and finalized the bill. The pickup team arrived within the window frame as specified by Lisa. During the transit, we received emails with updates from Carlina of the dispatch service. We received phone calls from the delivery team 2 days prior to the scheduled delivery.

When the weather changed unexpectedly on the planned unloading day, the delivery team communicated with their main office and got back to us with the decision to postpone unloading to the next day out of concern of possible damage to the furniture in heavy rain. Again, Rick was making the calls for the rearrangement and communicated back to us very promptly. The whole process was seamless. We also would like to mention that both the pickup and delivery teams were very professional and handled all the items with care.

Again, Rick’s job did not stop here, he went above and beyond. We received a call from him during the unloading process and another follow-up call the day after delivery to make sure all was taken care of timely and appropriately. My wife and I expressed our hearty thanks to Rick and his team and we shared our experience with Rick.

We both agreed that it is the team work that satisfies both parties. And the key to working as a team is COMMUNICATION, COMMUNICATION, and COMMUNICATION! But we also would like to emphasize that it’s Rick’s customer-oriented attitude, patience and excellent communication skills that makes him exceptional. As he puts it: “I’m the specialist and you (my customers) are special”. We highly recommend the Relocation Specialist, Rick **, of International Van Lines, to anyone who is planning to move, especially long-distance interstate moving. We also would like to suggest preparing a list of commonly asked questions related to moving before making calls to moving companies.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2022

The two delivery men who worked for you recently deserve my gratitude, sir. On a day, the Mike and team from your company brought an entertainment center to my house. After dragging the heavy item roughly 350 feet, they finally made it to my back door. I'd really appreciate it if you could simply thank them again for the delivery. They are exceptionally talented employees; consequently, you should hold them in the utmost esteem.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 14, 2022

International Van Lines took a very difficult move as it involved household goods that another company packed; our property had to be sorted and shipped to two separate locations. The International Van Lines staff worked very hard to address our concerns about our goods and delivered the goods to our desired locations on the agreed-upon dates and at the prices that we were quoted. Our thanks to International Van Lines and their people.

Original review: June 22, 2022

Henry and International Van Lines were wonderful to work with, from the initial scheduling and estimating meeting to coordinating the move, payment, and delivery. They were professional, kind, and able to thoughtfully and thoroughly answer my questions and address my concerns. Henry was professional and managed the process well. Alexander, my driver, and his crew took extra care to protect the flooring and my items while packing and unloading. I also appreciate that Henry was able to schedule delivery within four days of loading. It minimized the time I had to spend in a hotel and prevented me from taking an extra day off of work.

Original review: April 29, 2022

I highly recommend this moving service! The movers are very professional and pleasant! I was very impressed that the movers wrapped my TV with some soft stuff to avoid the collision. Also, the movers were pretty fast. I live by myself and have a lot of things to move, but they said that was not much for them to move at all. They finished the move within 2 hours. If I had to move by myself, it probably would take me more than a day. Great service!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2023

IVL loaded my household goods in Marana AZ on Jan 23, 2023 for delivery to Fairhope, AL with an implied delivery within 7 days. Today is Jan 31 and my stuff is warehoused somewhere, and IVL can't even give me a date when a truck will be available to load it and deliver it. Their staff is totally reactive: I have to initiate every contact. Stay away from this company despite its good reviews!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2023

The men worked beside us for hours without ever getting boisterous, despite the possibility that they may have. Working with our entire administrative staff was enjoyable. Just a quick note of gratitude for all you and your Team have done to get our items from TX to NY. Best moving business.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2023

Everything went well on the day of the move, exactly as Maverick had said it would. The movers showed up on schedule and blanketed my furniture and belongings to prevent any scratches or dents. Professional team!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

This is the 2 time I've been transferred since I started working for International Van Lines. Finding someone of this caliber in today's society, where so few people appreciate perseverance or recognize their accomplishments, is extraordinary.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

Perfect moving team! We value how much effort you put into making sure we're secure and content. Thank you for thanking Christian for taking the time to meet and provide us with the needed information.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Moving partner.

International Van Lines Company Information

2000
        3957 NW 126 Ave.
        Coral Springs
        FL
        internationalvanlines.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: