3.94/5

Compare Movers

International Van Lines

International Van Lines is an A+ rated company and has been ranked as one of America's top 3 moving companies. IVL also maintains a 5 star rating with Yelp.

IVL operates through the entire continental U.S. as well as services any destination worldwide. They offer long-distance, international and local moving services.

International Van Lines Reviews

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I spent countless hours researching movers. I've never worked with a moving company, but I've had some friends that were ripped off by moving companies. A Google search helps but doesn't reveal the whole story about a company. I went to Consumer Report and the DOT website for my information. IVL came highly rated, so I felt comfortable working with them. The fact is their price was not the cheapest, but I was not looking for cheap, I wanted quality. My rep, Justin **., was great! He was not a pushy salesman like the others and did an excellent job of explaining everything to me with a sincere approach, and I did not feel pressured. The crew then sent was on time, and Mike **. the foreman was great at organizing everything. I left them 5 stars on their performance sheet and wanted to take some time to leave a review. All of my goods arrived with no damage and no issues so I was very pleased and would use them again if needed.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

International Van Lines was contracted by my employer to move my personal possessions from Atlanta, GA to Monroe, LA. I received everything yesterday and want to take the time and leave some feedback about my experience. Quoting process: my sales rep Justin, was great! He thoroughly went over an inventory list with me, answered all my questions, and was always quick to pick up my calls. The conversation lasted 20 min, and he emailed me a binding estimate. Pick up day: The crew showed up on time as planned. They appeared and were very kind to my family. They did an excellent job packing and prepping my goods.

Delivery: The move took 2 days. I got everything that was picked up and had no damage. The foreman on both ends was great! They did not charge me more or cause any problems. The process was more natural then I had imagined. I was thrilled with the outcome of experience with IVL and would totally work with them again. I also left then a 5-star report with my company.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I used International Van Lines for a move from NY to CA back in 2015. I recently had to move again and decided to call these guys for a quote. Lucky for me the sales rep I dealt with back then is still there and was able to work out a reasonable price and get the move set up for me. My move was 3 bedroom to 3 bedroom and required a full pack & load. The guys from IVL showed up on time and worked very hard and quick to ensure everything got done properly. I was so pleased with the pickup crew that I decided to tip them $150 each and buy them lunch which was well deserved. My items arrived at my destination about a week later and offloaded by a different crew who was equally as good. Moving in general sucks, but IVL made it easy for my family and we did not have to deal with any issues. The reason for my 5 star review is simply the fact that they performed exactly to what was sold to me which is a nice change.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I recently moved to Springfield, CO from Austin, TX and contracted with IVL to handle the entire move. My move consisted of a 3 bedroom hours + 2 cars that needed to be shipped. Since my company was paying for the move I decided to have IVL do everything from the packing, loading and crating a few pieces of furniture. The crew from IVL that showed us were excellent. They spent pretty much the whole day working and did a fine job. I made sure to tip the movers very well as well as buy them lunch.

Since we had a full truckload it took about 4 days to get to the destination in Springfield where they did the offloading. The guys there were different than the pickup crew, but did an amazing job. They made sure to clean up all the boxes, assemble furniture and even put away my dishes and clothes. I was very impressed with the outcome of the move that I decided to get them on the vendor list with my company. This is a 5 star moving company and I would most certainly use them again if I had to hire a moving company. I would also like to mention that my sales rep Justin was amazing so if you need a mover, call him directly.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

IVL performed well! My move was pretty complex considering the size, autos and a large trailer. The moving process was grueling and took 3 full days of labor. IVL sent a massive crew on 10 people to get the job done. The guys that came out worked so hard and I was very impressed. Keep in mind that movers don't make a lot of money so I was happy to leave them all with a $150 tip each as well as bought them lunch and dinner all 3 days. Even though IVL said this was not mandatory I felt compelled considering their hard work. My stuff ended up on 3 trailers and arrived at my San Francisco residence in 4 days. Although the delivery crew was different than the pickup crew they were just as good. I was surprised to see only 1 item get damaged. The fact is the move went flawless. I did not even file a claim for the dresser because it wasn't that important to me. The guys at IVL really went above and beyond and I would 100% use them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about International Van Lines?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I've used IVL three times. The most recent move was from Naples, FL, to San Francisco. My move was quite small, but since it's everything I own, I wanted to make sure I went with a higher-end company. The crew at IVL did a great job again. They packed & loaded very well, got my goods to my destination in a week, and I had no damage. My sales rep Justin is excellent! He always pays attention to detail and oversaw the entire moving process for me. Thanks again, International Van Lines.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Moving from Claremont, CA to New York was a mission. Dealing with movers and moving all your stuff can be very stressful. IVL helped a lot with me managing my stress by overseeing all aspects of my move. I'm no rookie to working with movers and must say that IVL was great. They were on-time, packed well, and did the needful to ensure my satisfaction. Everything arrived in one piece and with no headaches.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Today I received my delivery, and I'm pleased with my experience. Packing and loading a five-bedroom home is challenging, and the IVL crew did a great job. Their movers were fantastic, and I owe them all the credit. We bought them lunch and tipped them very well. As for the front end, I would like to say thank you to Justin, who walked me through the whole process. As most of you know, moving can be very taxing, and he made sure I was at ease the entire time. With that said, I had no damage, nor did I have to pay anything over what they had quoted me. I opened a Yelp account specifically to leave them a useful review.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Moving out of state is not for the faint of heart. Never in my life did I have to hire a mover and learned quickly that the moving industry is full of scams and scoundrels. IVL was referred by several consumer websites that claimed they were the best. IVL was a bit pricey, but I would rather spend money on quality, especially for a move. I moved from Boston, MA to San Jose, CA, for a 3 bedroom home. Crew members were on-time, packed well, and did the needful to ensure a positive experience. I would recommend IVL to anyone looking for an out of state moving company.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Moving, in general, can be very stressful. However, finding the right company to move you is even more mind-boggling. Since I was a first-timer, I didn't realize how many complaints movers get, even the largest companies. After about a week of research, I stumbled upon International Van Lines. I found them listed number one on several consumer websites who claim they're the best. With that said, I gave them a shot. My experience from the initial call to delivery was smooth. My sales rep Maggie was very kind and attentive to my needs. She was also genuine, which I liked. My move was for a three-bedroom house which required packing. They sent a team of 5 who did a great job packing everything up promptly. The crew was very professional and made sure the preparation was done right. The delivery to my new home took 2 days, and I had zero damage. I hope I don't have to move anytime soon, but if I do, I will work with IVL again.

International Van Lines expert review by Jessica Render

International Van Lines began in 2007 and is headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, FL. They are one of the most recognized international and national relocation companies in the country.

• Reputable: International Van Lines has a great reputation, with over 3,000 global partners around the world.

• Complete services: The company offers customers a variety of services, from packing items, delivering them, unpacking them and helping with international transitions.

• Auto transport: International also offers auto transport for those who need cars to be moved across the country or to foreign locations.

• International: It's one of the best selections for those who are moving internationally because of the level of experience and foreign partnerships available to customers.

• Corporate: They're also experienced with corporate moves.

• Best for: Corporations, individuals and military families.

Profile picture of Jessica Render
    Jessica Render ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Jessica Render is dedicated to providing well-researched, valuable content designed to help consumers make informed purchase decisions they can feel confident making. She holds a degree in journalism from Oral Roberts University.

International Van Lines Company Information