Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now
  2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.97/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

International Van Lines is an A+ rated company and has been ranked as one of America's top 3 moving companies. IVL also maintains a 5 star rating with Yelp.

IVL operates through the entire continental U.S. as well as services any destination worldwide. They offer long-distance, international and local moving services.

View More View More

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

International Van Lines Reviews

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Moving, in general, can be very stressful. However, finding the right company to move you is even more mind-boggling. Since I was a first-timer, I didn't realize how many complaints movers get, even the largest companies. After about a week of research, I stumbled upon International Van Lines. I found them listed number one on several consumer websites who claim they're the best. With that said, I gave them a shot. My experience from the initial call to delivery was smooth. My sales rep Maggie was very kind and attentive to my needs. She was also genuine, which I liked. My move was for a three-bedroom house which required packing. They sent a team of 5 who did a great job packing everything up promptly. The crew was very professional and made sure the preparation was done right. The delivery to my new home took 2 days, and I had zero damage. I hope I don't have to move anytime soon, but if I do, I will work with IVL again.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Move locations: New York to Chicago. Move Size: 4 bedroom house with a grand piano — my employer-contracted IVL to handle my move. IVL is rated number one on their list, and I agreed that they would be a good choice. My move size required 5 men and full packing. It took the crew about 8 hours to get everything done, and they did it well. The foreman (Mike) did a great job managing the team and making sure all my items were handled with care. I needed a full truckload which made the process of delivery a bit easier. It took a couple of days to get to my new home. The delivery crew was different but just as good. I had no issues throughout the move. The guys did an excellent job off-loading and setting up my furniture. I would use them again, and I will be rating them very high with my company.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I spent countless hours researching movers. I've never worked with a moving company, but I've had some friends that were ripped off by moving companies. A Google search helps but doesn't reveal the whole story about a company. I went to Consumer Report and the DOT website for my information. IVL came highly rated, so I felt comfortable working with them. The fact is their price was not the cheapest, but I was not looking for cheap, I wanted quality. My rep, Justin **., was great! He was not a pushy salesman like the others and did an excellent job of explaining everything to me with a sincere approach, and I did not feel pressured. The crew then sent was on time, and Mike **. the foreman was great at organizing everything. I left them 5 stars on their performance sheet and wanted to take some time to leave a review. All of my goods arrived with no damage and no issues so I was very pleased and would use them again if needed.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

International Van Lines was contracted by my employer to move my personal possessions from Atlanta, GA to Monroe, LA. I received everything yesterday and want to take the time and leave some feedback about my experience. Quoting process: my sales rep Justin, was great! He thoroughly went over an inventory list with me, answered all my questions, and was always quick to pick up my calls. The conversation lasted 20 min, and he emailed me a binding estimate. Pick up day: The crew showed up on time as planned. They appeared and were very kind to my family. They did an excellent job packing and prepping my goods.

Delivery: The move took 2 days. I got everything that was picked up and had no damage. The foreman on both ends was great! They did not charge me more or cause any problems. The process was more natural then I had imagined. I was thrilled with the outcome of experience with IVL and would totally work with them again. I also left then a 5-star report with my company.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I wanted to take a minute and write a review for International Van Lines. I've hired movers on several different occasions, and working with IVL was a breath of fresh air, starting with my relocation coordinator Justin. My move was from California to IL for a four-bedroom house, car, and two motorcycles. As you can imagine, I was very nervous about the process considering the value of my things and complexities. The foreman Dario and his crew did a fantastic job organizing my stuff in a way where it fits in the truck like a puzzle. They sent a different vehicle for the automobiles and motorcycle. It was a two-day move, but things got done right. It was a straight delivery to my residence, so I received everything in 3 days. I ended up with no damage or added charges, which was a lot different than my last experience. Working with International Van Lines was great and needless to say I would call them if I needed another moving company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about International Van Lines?

Original review: March 24, 2020

Move from NY To CA. In the midst of the virus IVL managed to get my delivery done and in a timely manner. I was to publicly thank them for going above and beyond when they didn’t have to. My whole moving experience was especially stressful considering, but they put me at ease and did a fine job. I would rate them a 5 out of 5.

Original review: March 14, 2020

International Van Lines was contracted by the corporation my husband works for. We had them do the works since we didn't pay. It was a move for a 6 bedroom house and 2 cars from New York to Florida. The movers that showed up were beyond our expectations. They were fast, efficient and handle out stuff with care. I've moved a couple times in the past, but this was by the far the best of experiences. My sales rep Justin and account manager Lisa were awesome. Everything arrived in the time frame needed and I was pleased with the overall experience. I would use them again and I would highly recommend them to anyone moving out of state!

Original review: March 10, 2020

We hired them based on reviews and referrals. Moving from CA to NY is a lot, especially with 4 kids. We had zero time to do anything so we had IVL literally do everything. We spent about $8500 for a 4 bedroom home with packing. They also shipped one of our cars. Surprisingly everything went to plan. My sales rep Justin was so easy to work with and he made us feel very comfortable. I wanted to stop by and leave a nice review for them and him.

Original review: March 6, 2020

My company hired International Van Lines to move my family from WA to FL. Considering the complexity of the move I was shockingly surprised that everything went according to plan. They were a solid choice and I would use them again!

Original review: March 2, 2020

I had a good experience with IVL. The moving team was very professional. They were on-time, packed well and finished in a timely manner. Everything arrived in one piece. I’d recommend them to anyone moving.

International Van Lines expert review by Tom Rains

This company specializes in international moves. It also offers long-distance moves, corporate relocations and military moves. Auto shipping is available to those who need to move a car.

• Types of moves: The company offers local, long distance and international moves. It serves residential or commercial clients. International moves can be door-to-door, door-to-port, port-to-door or port-to-port.

• Cost: The estimated cost to move from Chicago to Germany is $4,200 for a 40-foot shipping container (2,000 cubic feet). Costs vary based on several factors, however.

• Service areas: International Van Lines can move you anywhere in the U.S. and to many international locations.

• Additional services: If you need your car hauled, auto shipping services are available. International Van Lines can also provide full packing services.

by Tom Rains ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Tom Rains graduated from the University of Oklahoma in 2014 with a master’s degree in Professional Writing. Tom’s passion for delivering quality content fuels him to provide consumers with accurate, well-researched information on major life purchases.

International Van Lines Company Information