3.96/5

Compare Movers

International Van Lines

International Van Lines is an A+ rated company and has been ranked as one of America's top 3 moving companies. IVL also maintains a 5 star rating with Yelp.

IVL operates through the entire continental U.S. as well as services any destination worldwide. They offer long-distance, international and local moving services.

Compare Movers

420 International Van Lines Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 23, 2019

I wanted to take a minute and write a review for International Van Lines. I've hired movers on several different occasions, and working with IVL was a breath of fresh air, starting with my relocation coordinator Justin. My move was from California to IL for a four-bedroom house, car, and two motorcycles. As you can imagine, I was very nervous about the process considering the value of my things and complexities. The foreman Dario and his crew did a fantastic job organizing my stuff in a way where it fits in the truck like a puzzle. They sent a different vehicle for the automobiles and motorcycle. It was a two-day move, but things got done right. It was a straight delivery to my residence, so I received everything in 3 days. I ended up with no damage or added charges, which was a lot different than my last experience. Working with International Van Lines was great and needless to say I would call them if I needed another moving company.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I hired International Van Lines back in August for a move from NY to CA. I did not have a chance to post, but wanted to circle back around to leave some feedback. First and foremost it took me 2 weeks to find a decent moving company. It seems that almost every moving company out there has a bad reputation. IVL was recommended by 3 different consumer websites as being a top ranked mover. I contacted Justin who gave me a good quote and handled all my questions. On the day of the move they sent 4 guys to pack everything for my family. The guys were very professional and did a great job. This was for a 3 bedroom home and took about 7 hours. I received my goods about a week later with no damages, overcharges or issues. They did what they claimed so I am a happy customer and would use them again if needed. Good job guys.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I used International Van Lines for a move from NY to CA back in 2015. I recently had to move again and decided to call these guys for a quote. Lucky for me the sales rep I dealt with back then is still there and was able to work out a reasonable price and get the move set up for me. My move was 3 bedroom to 3 bedroom and required a full pack & load. The guys from IVL showed up on time and worked very hard and quick to ensure everything got done properly. I was so pleased with the pickup crew that I decided to tip them $150 each and buy them lunch which was well deserved. My items arrived at my destination about a week later and offloaded by a different crew who was equally as good. Moving in general sucks, but IVL made it easy for my family and we did not have to deal with any issues. The reason for my 5 star review is simply the fact that they performed exactly to what was sold to me which is a nice change.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I recently moved to Springfield, CO from Austin, TX and contracted with IVL to handle the entire move. My move consisted of a 3 bedroom hours + 2 cars that needed to be shipped. Since my company was paying for the move I decided to have IVL do everything from the packing, loading and crating a few pieces of furniture. The crew from IVL that showed us were excellent. They spent pretty much the whole day working and did a fine job. I made sure to tip the movers very well as well as buy them lunch.

Since we had a full truckload it took about 4 days to get to the destination in Springfield where they did the offloading. The guys there were different than the pickup crew, but did an amazing job. They made sure to clean up all the boxes, assemble furniture and even put away my dishes and clothes. I was very impressed with the outcome of the move that I decided to get them on the vendor list with my company. This is a 5 star moving company and I would most certainly use them again if I had to hire a moving company. I would also like to mention that my sales rep Justin was amazing so if you need a mover, call him directly.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

IVL performed well! My move was pretty complex considering the size, autos and a large trailer. The moving process was grueling and took 3 full days of labor. IVL sent a massive crew on 10 people to get the job done. The guys that came out worked so hard and I was very impressed. Keep in mind that movers don't make a lot of money so I was happy to leave them all with a $150 tip each as well as bought them lunch and dinner all 3 days. Even though IVL said this was not mandatory I felt compelled considering their hard work. My stuff ended up on 3 trailers and arrived at my San Francisco residence in 4 days. Although the delivery crew was different than the pickup crew they were just as good. I was surprised to see only 1 item get damaged. The fact is the move went flawless. I did not even file a claim for the dresser because it wasn't that important to me. The guys at IVL really went above and beyond and I would 100% use them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about International Van Lines?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I hired IVL back in May for a small move from Atlanta, GA to Hollywood, FL. My stuff was in storage for a couple of months and just yesterday received everything. This is the 5th time I had to hire a mover and they were by far more professional than the others. I had no damage so they clearly did a great job packing and protecting my household goods. The crew that picked up and delivered were both a delight. I would also like to thank my sales rep, Justin who did a great job overseeing the entire moving process. I can thank them enough and I wanted to take a moment to leave them a 5 star review. Keep up the good work IVL.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Move a 1 bedroom apartment half-way across country. Loading the truck went well but then again I did most of the packaging ahead of time. The move in was terrible, most of the boxes were broken which they probably did when they moved them from truck to truck, they left the apartment a mess, broke furniture and came up with a "per step" charge. Terrible experience.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I hired IVL for a move to New York to Detroit. The guys did a fantastic job. The crew showed up on time, packed well, and I got everything with no damage. I would use them again. Everyone seems really nice. Would recommend them to friends.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

International Van Lines came recommended by Consumer Report. I've moved several times and had a horrible experience. This time around, I did my research and found IVL based on referrals. With all the garbage on the net, I was able to narrow down my pick to 3 stable companies. The main reason I went with IVL was because of my rep, Brian. They were a bit more expensive than others, but he made me feel comfortable, and he wasn't pushy like the others. Their moving guys showed up as planned and went to work right away. Everything was packed and loaded promptly. Unlike my previous experiences, I had no damages, overcharging or having to deal with rude movers. The experience was A+, so they get 5 stars from me. I will refer them and use them again if I ever need a moving company.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Got a quote on an initial call to International Van Lines for ~$3500 based on my guess of how much I had to move. Told them I will need to do a more detail assessment. They never sent someone out to see what I had to move. Other companies came over to do a true estimate. The sales person was so good at telling me the estimate would be very close to actual. After the truck was filled, I was told the total amount was $6500 and pay in cash to get my belongings delivered.

After waiting 2 weeks after they were to deliver my belongings, one man in a old truck with no ramps to unload. Every single box was smashed. I had to help the guy unload. I now need to rent another storage place for enough room to open every box and identify all of the damaged goods. They lost a rug and other things. Run away from these guys. I have a feeling all of the 4 star reviews are fake.

International Van Lines expert review by Janine Sarna-Jones

International Van Lines began in 2007 and is headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, FL. They are one of the most recognized international and national relocation companies in the country.

• Reputable: International Van Lines has a great reputation, with over 3,000 global partners around the world.

• Complete services: The company offers customers a variety of services, from packing items, delivering them, unpacking them and helping with international transitions.

• Auto transport: International also offers auto transport for those who need cars to be moved across the country or to foreign locations.

• International: It's one of the best selections for those who are moving internationally because of the level of experience and foreign partnerships available to customers.

• Corporate: They're also experienced with corporate moves.

• Best for: Corporations, individuals and military families.

Profile picture of Janine Sarna-Jones
      Janine Sarna-Jones Moving Expert

Janine Sarna-Jones is a Certified Professional Organizer and Move Manager. She is the founder and president of Organize Me Inc. and has been helping people get organized at work and at home since 1992. A member of the inaugural class of Certified Personal Organizers and board member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing, Janine has helped a broad range of clients, including corporate executives, small business owners, real-estate agents, moms, artists, therapists, and non-profit organizations.

International Van Lines Company Information