2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.89/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

International Van Lines, also known as IVL, operates throughout the entire continental U.S. and services all kinds of destinations worldwide. It offers long-distance, international and local moving services. It also provides free quotes and sets up customers with relocation coordinators who can help plan their moves.

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

International Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about International Van Lines?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about International Van Lines?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

My wife and I recently moved from San Fransico to Seattle. We moved from a 2 to a 3 bedroom house. We interviewed 3 companies and decided on IVL because of our sales rep Justin, and their overall reputation. We never hired movers and had no clue about all the scams out there. Justin did a good job of being transparent, straightforward and giving us the scoop. Other movers promised the world and gave us pricing of about $3000 less then IVL, but after researching those companies I quickly realized I was about to be scammed. Anyhow IVL did a good job. There was a slight delay on delivery for reason beyond their control, so I was fine. We got all of our stuff in one piece and the whole experience was pretty easy.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I’m not one to leave reviews, but as a business owner it was important to leave some feedback regarding my experience with IVL. Most people will stop what they’re doing to write negative comments, but I’m one to understand that leaving positive feedback equals the playing field. Anyhow my move was from Monterey, CA to Manassas, VA. We moved a 4 bedroom home with 2 cars. Their cost was in line, but the main reason I chose them was based on my comfort level. My rep Justin was upfront and honest and put me at ease.

IVL showed up in a nice truck and went to work. We had a total of 6 movers shoe packed everything and was very efficient. It was a straight delivery and everything arrived on time. We had a couple of minor damages, but we filed a claim with insurance and they took care of it. My experience with IVL was positive and I would use them again. My suggestions are to always purchase additional insurance, be very clear with what you’re looking for and always ask for worst case scenarios. Moving is not fun and you should always plan for the worst.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 25, 2020

I’m not much of a reviewer, but I felt the need to leave some feedback due to the exceptional experience I had. First, I’d like to thank Mike ** and Justin ** for providing a great customer service experience. IVL saved me from going with a scam company that was abnormally cheap. Like most people I was shopping around and was surprised at the vast differences in price. IVL appeared more on paper, but the reality is they have me an honest estimate. As expected the movers showed up on the requested date and did their thing. They managed to safely move my 1000lbs safer and grand piano. Everything was delivered as planned and without damage or any scary surprises. I’m happy I did research and didn’t fall victim to one of these so called movers (brokers). Happy customer!

Original review: April 14, 2020

Moving in general is always so dreadful. Being that I’ve had a bad experience in the past I spent countless hours searching for a mover that’s reasonably priced, but has a solid rep. Two of my friends told me about IVL. My rep Alex made me feel very comfortable so I chose them. They did a great job with protecting my goods and getting them to the final destination with no problems. I’d also like to give a shout out to Mike the driver who helped me clean my house afterwards. These guys were fantastic and I would totally use them again.

Original review: March 14, 2020

International Van Lines was contracted by the corporation my husband works for. We had them do the works since we didn't pay. It was a move for a 6 bedroom house and 2 cars from New York to Florida. The movers that showed up were beyond our expectations. They were fast, efficient and handle out stuff with care. I've moved a couple times in the past, but this was by the far the best of experiences. My sales rep Justin and account manager Lisa were awesome. Everything arrived in the time frame needed and I was pleased with the overall experience. I would use them again and I would highly recommend them to anyone moving out of state!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I had the best experience using International Van Lines when relocating from the US to Belgium. Nico ** was really great with helping me with my move. Since the first call he was attentive, efficient and always with great attitude. Especially in pandemic times, Nico did his best to ensure that my moving experience was as stress-free as possible and was exceptionally helpful and friendly. I am grateful and will definitely use them again. I highly recommend International Van Lines!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

Made the move so much more stressful than it should have been. Charged over double what the quote was (booked through International Van Lines but they hire another company so no one seems to have any liability) but once they have your non refundable deposit you are stuck with them and screwed. They never said it would be another company doing the move. Came a day late. Had 3 pieces of large furniture broken and many small items broken as well as missing items. We also received 6 large boxes of someone else's stuff. Have not rec'd any insurance settlement and what they are supposed to pay was a joke anyway. To top it off they were extremely rude and threatening. Do yourself a favor and skip this company and a lot of headaches!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

I had an amazing experience with IVL. Justin was a great rep and walked me through the move thoroughly. They moved us into a 5 bedroom house with no hiccups. I’ve used other movers in the past but IVL hands down was the best.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

I have had a nightmarish experience with International Van Lines. On August 10, 2020, I contracted an international "door to door" move of all my family's belongings from California to Ecuador. Our property was loaded onto a shipping container by the moving company on September 10. As of December 15, 2020 we have not received our shipment and IVL does not have an estimated delivery date and we received a fine from customs because IVL abandoned our importation process.

We have hired a lawyer and investigator and uncovered multiple errors during the importation and shipping process that have caused more than 70 days of delays and fees to third parties of over $150 per day. We have incurred more than $15000 in storage fees to date and will likely incur an additional $10000 in expenses to recover our property. International Van Lines has consistently obfuscated their errors including when they violated their agent's policies ordering the container shipped before receiving approval from their agents an Ecuadorian Customs, thus causing tens of thousands of dollars in additional damages to me, the customer.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

I talk confidently since I used their services to move to GA at the end of last month and I can tell you that they are the real deal. They are everything you have always wanted in a mover and more. From favorable quotations to the security of your property and everything in between, you can be sure someone has got your back. I am so thankful to International Van Lines for the professional services. 10/10 recommendations!

International Van Lines author review by Tom Rains

This company specializes in international moves. It also offers long-distance moves, corporate relocations and military moves. Auto shipping is available to those who need to move a car.

• Types of moves: The company offers local, long distance and international moves. It serves residential or commercial clients. International moves can be door-to-door, door-to-port, port-to-door or port-to-port.

• Cost: The estimated cost to move from Chicago to Germany is $4,200 for a 40-foot shipping container (2,000 cubic feet). Costs vary based on several factors, however.

• Service areas: International Van Lines can move you anywhere in the U.S. and to many international locations.

• Additional services: If you need your car hauled, auto shipping services are available. International Van Lines can also provide full packing services.

by Tom Rains ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Tom Rains graduated from the University of Oklahoma in 2014 with a master’s degree in Professional Writing. Tom’s passion for delivering quality content fuels him to provide consumers with accurate, well-researched information on major life purchases.

International Van Lines Company Information