Call toll free
4.75/5
Based on 8 reviews that contain star ratings

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bold Moving and Storage was established on the foundation of respect and integrity. Bold takes pride in providing superior customer service and transparency throughout the entire quoting and moving process. Specializing in local and long-distance moves, you can feel confident your items will be safe and securely delivered on-time. All moves can be customized to meet your plans, so call today for your free quote!

8 Bold Moving and Storage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I got a quote from quite a few moving companies, but Bo from Bold Moving and Storage kept on coming back to me and he gave me a very good quote. He sounded as if the company was very caring. It was nice to hear they were not a big company, that they were still trying to make a name for themselves. They were in Richmond and they were close. I was in Newport News, so I decided to go with them. They all scheduled the move, but I had to move it a bit earlier or a bit later and the rep was very flexible around the date because I didn’t know when we would close on the house. I appreciated that. They rescheduled the move and they called me the day before in the morning that they came. The move was from Newport News to Acworth, Georgia.

My interactions with the crew were wonderful. Josh was in charge of the crew. They were absolutely amazing and very nice. They really listened. However, there was one guy who made a few mistakes. The stuff that he packed had a few dents and a few marks in it. But he was also very nice. It was just that he was new to the job, so he made a few mistakes. Nonetheless, they were very productive and professional, and did exactly what I required from them and really tried to do as I asked them.

There were a few things that were upsetting, though. The one thing was that I packed everything myself and I marked every box that had fragile stuff in it very clearly. I put a can of oil that I use in my furniture to polish in one of them. It’s a mineral oil for my butcher’s blocks. I packed that very clearly and I had lines on all sides of the box saying, “Fragile, fragile, fragile,” but whoever put it down put it upside-down, so the pressure was on the oil. Unfortunately, the box that was underneath it was the box with all my photographs. Some of those photographs were of my late husband and I couldn’t replace them. They were not digital. So, I was devastated.

The other thing that I was really concerned about was the two other pieces of furniture that shouldn’t get damaged at all got a very nasty little mark right at the top. It went right through because they didn’t put any cartons. They just wrapped a blanket around it, but there was a hole in the blanket, so it had the gouge out at the top. I was also a little upset about that because there is nowhere that you can correct it. You can’t hide it and you can’t fix it with some wood glue because it is an imported wood and it is solid wood. However, it is dark wood, so it is not the first thing that you see when you look at that piece of furniture. My sewing cabinet also got damaged. It is just cheap stuff, but it got a really nasty gouge on the top as well and there is also no way that I can fix that. But for the rest of the stuff, everything that I packed, there was not a glass or a chip or anything that got damaged at all.

The guys who unpacked it knew about the issues. I showed it to them when they were here and I thought that they would report it. While they were unpacking, we discovered it. They saw it and the guy who was in charge here even took photographs of it. I thought they would report it, but nobody reached out to me and asked if anything was lost or damaged. There was no form for me to complete, so I just thought it was just the way the cookie crumbles. Bo said to me that there would be a follow-up. I also understood that they wouldn’t follow up within three days because they couldn’t unpack in three days. All the stuff that I unpacked afterward were fine, except those things that were unpacked from the truck.

I don’t think there was anything that they could really do about it, but it would've been nice if he had given me a call two or three days later. They just said to me there was a form. The saddest thing is there is nothing to be done about the solid-wood furniture and it is something I have to live with. They won’t replace the Sauder cabinet because of the gouge on the top, but the thing is it sits in my bedroom and it is a big gouge, so everybody who comes into the room can immediately see it. I also have this very cheap stand that I use to do grandma washing and things on and they didn’t tape the part of that to the stand. I couldn’t put the whole thing together now because some of the little plastic things that go around it are missing. I also got a little thing that I use as a tub where I put my painting and two of its feet are missing.

I would still recommend Bold Moving and Storage. They were so nice and so professional and they really tried to accommodate my needs. Nobody goes through a move without a little damage. What bothered me was that they didn’t follow up and it was not what I expected of them. I had around 150 boxes to unpack, so I thought that they were giving me time to go through everything and see if everything was okay, then they would reach out to me, however, up to now, there is nothing. This is the first move that I’ve done here in America. In South Africa, they send you a form usually about three weeks in. They usually send you a form to ask if there were any damages.

Brenda,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We're glad you're satisfied and we truly hope you're settling into your new home.

Thank you again for your business!

~The Owners @ BMS

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

After a horrific long-distance moving experience with another company, I was very reluctant to hire another company for another move. However, after speaking several times with Bold, including sharing my past experience, I was somehow convinced that this would not result in the same debacle. And, I was right. Bold honored its commitments, and then some. Even though my final truck volume was more than originally estimated, they did not charge for the overage. And, most importantly, all of my items arrived the first day of the delivery window. What's more, Sr, Manager, Mr. Joshua ** ensured complete, start-to-finish service by personally showing up at delivery, directing and helping the unload. In short, Great Job Bold!!! They will be my only call when it comes time for my next long-distance move.

Stuart,

I personally had the chance to meet you (this is Joshua), and it was truly a pleasure. I really appreciated the tip you gave my guys, they were super grateful and very appreciative and you didn't have to do that.

Thanks again for your business, and if you ever need a mover you have my cell number!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

From start to finish these guys were great to work with. Josh was informative and friendly on the phone, even helped me save money where he could. The moving crew showed up on time, I only called to check in once. They were all friendly and moved fast. All of my items were checked, covered, marked, and an inventory list was filled out. They made it to the destination in one day, nothing had to be stored. All my furniture arrived without anything being damaged. Overall the process went smooth and I wasn't surprised by any hidden fees.

Jon,

Thank you so much for trusting us to conduct the move for you.

I know moving could be stressful, but we here at Bold like to make it simple and smooth! Thank you for the compliment, that made me feel great (Joshua)!

Have a great one, and enjoy the new place!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

The movers were all very professional and extremely nice, courteous, hardworking and very thorough in assuring all my household goods were properly wrapped and secure for the long trip. They were punctual and delivered the items on time communicating with me the entire travel period. I would recommend them to family and friends with high praise.

Hi Luis!

Thank you so much for your time posting such warm review for our moving company.

Being able to help you at our best, is our first priority. It's great to hear that we exceeded your expectations, it is the best compliment for us! Please enjoy your new home, and see you next time!

Best Regards,

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Bold Moving and Storage was the most persistent moving company when it comes to their communications via email and returning phone calls. Everything was on point from the beginning. I was a little hesitant because it’s an online company but I did a little research and found that they had an actual business license number in the state of Virginia. I moved from Washington, D.C. to Tampa, Florida. Their crew was very productive. When they got to the house, there was no funny business and the numbers didn’t change. They packed up the house and the move went well. We had one broken item, and we’re now in the process with them to try and get coverage for it. Other than that, the experience was very straightforward and good.

Jamar,

You were a pleasure to work with, such a breath of fresh air in your personality my friend.

Thank you for the kind words, and please recommend us to anyone you know moving! Enjoy your new home!

~The Owners @ BMS

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bold Moving and Storage?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

We were moving about 200 miles. I made an internet inquiry and then I got called by several companies. It was a two-bedroom apartment and I explained the size in square feet. They gave me a price based on that explanation and they figured I had so many boxes. I wasn’t crazy about that and I wasn’t really comfortable with getting an estimate based on the fact that they said they would bring this size truck when they haven’t seen everything. So, I expressed that to Bold Moving and Storage, and during one of their moves, they were in the area and they sent somebody over to take a look. I was told I was fine, and that I was within what they thought they were gonna be dealing with. I had several estimates, and Bold Moving and Storage had the better estimate. I also had a better feeling with the phone call that I had with their rep, so I went with them.

I had good interactions with the crew during the move. They were pretty quick and thorough. They really protected everything and wrapped everything up. There were problems though that were mainly due to the inexperience of some of the helpers. They were taping up blankets around some of our furniture and they taped the blanket to the furniture itself which took off some of the finish. We told them about it at that time and the guy who seemed to be the foreman took photos of it. He said he’d get back to us but he never did. But it wasn’t a big deal. Sometimes things happen.

In the few moves that I’ve done, I always had somebody come over and take a look at everything and give us an estimate based on what they saw, what they were gonna have to move, and how far. So I was a little worried about when we would see the actual contract and all the fine prints because it could be $75 for anything over 100 feet. I told Bold Moving and Storage that it's a 14-story building and we have a warehouse elevator, and we lived in the apartment on the corner. I asked them if I would be responsible for the 80 feet from my apartment to the warehouse elevator, and then when you go down, there is another 100 feet to the truck. They said it was just boilerplate type of stuff in contracts, and they were not gonna hold me to that.

I didn’t really feel comfortable because when I sign a contract, I’m signing it based on what’s written on the paper. Bold Moving and Storage, however, held to what they told me and they didn't charge me. They did a good job for the move and what they had to do. I was also impressed that the crew took things apart that I didn’t think they would be taking apart when we moved to the house. Then they took the time to make sure everything was put back together. I would definitely recommend Bold Moving and Storage.

Joe,

Thank you so much for giving Bold Moving & Storage such a positive review.

You are truly a valued customer and we look forward to working with you again.

Best wishes,

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Bold Moving and Storage was the first one that answered my call and they were over the top and reasonable when I called other people. So, I went with them. However, the quote changed once the product was already picked up and on its way down here. We never knew what state it was being kept in but when push came to shove, it didn't matter as long as it got here when we needed it. Most of the people who did the moving for my daughter were very polite. The gentleman who owns the company got a little terse with me and then when he backed off, he became much easier to deal with. We thought that we have paid the full amount but when the guys got down here, there was this extra money. My husband travels, and so, they were dealing with him in one state, me in another one, and my daughter in another state, so it wasn't very easy.

There was a time period that kept changing and we had to give them 14 days of notice. The guys were in the process of getting down here and then finding the place to have our stuff moved to. They also came early to my daughter's place up in Virginia and she ended up having to take off work because there was nothing she could do. Other than that, there were only a couple of things that got broken and there wasn't a huge amount of complaining on my daughter's part. However, they are dealing with people in one of the most stressful times in their life and Bold Moving’s customer service and their attitude might take them miles from where they're at right now as far as dealing with people. The upper echelon need to get their stuff together.

Mr. & Mrs. McKnelly,

We do apologize if you feel like we were tense at all, but the specific conversation that was had was that the entire balance was paid, which it had not been. We pulled the credit card records, the transaction history and pointed it out, once you checked your statements you agreed that the balance was not paid in full, which you made the payment in full.

As far as the quote and changing prices, the price did not increase whatsoever from the original quote to the bill of lading. It remained the same.

We did store your daughters belongings for the period of time as requested, and we simply asked that when it came time for a move in day, give us as much of a window as possible. The specific day for move in, we arrived, which technically we could have been there any day from that day or ten days later, but we did arrive on the requested day. For the pickup day, we had two days and we came on the first date that was confirmed as this was a full pack and we like to do those with a two day window, a primary and a backup. We arrived on the first day of your window, I apologize if it was not communicated to us that you wanted the second day to be your primary and not the first.

We do apologize for the one box that had broken dishes in it, and I wish it was us that packed those so it could have been done right. However that was one box that you guys packed yourselves..

We want to thank you and your family for moving with us, and yes it is stressful, but we hope that by choosing bold, we made it a lot less stressful for you.

Thanks again for your business and if you ever need to move again, local or long distance, keep us in mind.

Bold Moving and Storage Company Information