Call toll free
4.74/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bold Moving and Storage was established on the foundation of respect and integrity. Bold takes pride in providing superior customer service and transparency throughout the entire quoting and moving process. Specializing in local and long-distance moves, you can feel confident your items will be safe and securely delivered on-time. All moves can be customized to meet your plans, so call today for your free quote!

Bold Moving and Storage Gallery (5)
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Bold Moving and Storage does everything from packing and cleaning your former residence to storage or unpacking at your destination. They are available around the Washington, D.C., metro area and for long-distance hauls.

PROS

• Customizable moves
  • Easy booking process
  • Full-service options

CONS

• Longer hold times on the phone
  • Some location restrictions

Top Bold Moving and Storage Reviews

...We moved on short notice and our needs for tight scheduling were met in a polite and professional manner by everyone from the owners through the front staff to... all of the people we encountered... The service was cordial and personal but also efficient and professional.

This was our first time using movers and we could not be happier. They arrived on time and worked quickly and efficiently. Everything went smoothly and before we knew it, everything was at our new home and they placed the furniture where we asked. The price was very agreeable and the guys were wonderful...

Bold Moving and Storage services

Bold Moving and Storage specializes in local and long-distance moves for households and businesses. All moves can be customized to include as many or as few services as you’d like.

• Packing and unpacking: If you opt for packing services, Bold Moving and Storage provides necessary packing materials and professionally packs items for you. Unpacking services at delivery are available upon request.
  • Storage services: Once packed, Bold Moving and Storage can place your belongings in storage service. You can store your items for any length of time in a climate-controlled facility that includes 24-hour surveillance.
  • Cleaning services: With a full-service move, Bold Moving and Storage will clean your former residence to get it fresh and ready for the next tenant. You can choose between full and partial household cleaning.
  • Auto moving: Bold Moving and Storage can coordinate the relocation of any type or size of automobile anywhere in the country.
  • Small moves: If you only have a few items to move, Bold Moving and Storage can take care of local moves on any deadline.

Bold Moving and Storage moving packages

Bold Moving and Storage offers three tiers of moving packages: Bold Standard, Bold Premium and Bold Luxury. Standard professional moving services include furniture disassembly, packing, transportation and delivery.

The Bold Premium package includes all the Standard benefits, plus custom crating and white-glove delivery service. The highest tier, Bold Luxury, includes all the Standard and Premium benefits, plus residential cleaning, complete unpacking and box removal. Total costs will vary based on a variety of factors, including location, distance and amount of household goods.

Bold StandardBold PremiumBold Luxury
Box removal
Cleaning services

Bold Moving and Storage Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 25, 2019

My wife and I relocated from Virginia to Michigan and the move couldn't have gone better. From start to finish the move was by far the best cross country move I've experienced thanks to these wonderful people. I have moved 20+ times and have always had something go wrong but that was not the case here. From the beginning in Richmond, I had multiple communication calls and updates. There were 5 guys that came to load our home. I asked for extra special care due to numerous antiques and family heirlooms that I simply could not transport myself. All of the guys did a complete walkthrough before any work was done which assured me that they were all on the same page.

On the receiving end, all the household items were packed tightly and strategically so well that nothing moved which is un heard of. Now, I'd like to give a shout out to Sherrod and Ryan because those two lifted and completed what I would call "A royal pain in the butt" move given that I have some extremely heavy items. All in all, do not call around and get different quotes. These guys are a little more expensive but 100% worth it!!! My quoted price never changed. And always remember folks, take care of the people moving you. Treat them to lunch and tip if they've satisfied you because in the end your entire home is packed up into one truck and will get there like nothing ever happened. I will hire again no questions asked. I hope this helps if you're on the fence on who to use.

Travis,

Thank you so much for making a Bold move!!

We truly appreciate the compliments and stellar remarks! We will continue to change the industry one move at a time. You have movers for life now brother, please call us for the next one!

~The Owners @BMS

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Right from the start, I knew I selected the right company for the move. Joshua was very personable, polite and had great attention to detail. The company met our needs and delivery date was flexible which made it less stressful with all that was happening in our lives. We were pleased with the moving crew, Spencer, Alex and "Pop". They were friendly and fast.

Our move was a two part delivery move and with Spencer leading, the items were seperated and loaded on the truck for each move. When they left, we prayed the deliveries would go just as smoothly. We were so pleased with the crew. We were kept informed of our delivery date and our earlier delivery date request happened. The best part of the move was seeing Spencer arrived with Sherrod for the two part unloading. Spencer is a born leader, hard worker and takes the time to train the crew working with him. I witnessed Spencer working in SC and in CT with a different crew each time. No matter who he worked with he took the time assisting and ensuring the crew did not injure themselves while still meeting the client's needs. Spencer, "Thank you" and I hope the company knows what an excellent representative they have in you. Should I ever need a moving company in the future, I would hire this company again in a heartbeat.

Brenda,

Thank you for the amazing review!

I'm going to share this with the whole team!

Thank you so much for making a BOLD move, you remind me of home (Jersey) so much! Please pass the word along to all your friends and anyone you know making an upcoming move. Thank you again!

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

My experience with Bold Moving and Storage was such a positive one that I feel compelled to tell others about it. From beginning to end they made my wife and I feel extremely comfortable. Moving can be a very stressful situation in itself, but the people that are Bold Moving and Storage minimized our concerns with their professionalism and genuine outstanding customer service abilities. The gentlemen that moved us are fantastic at what they do. Their attention to detail and method of wrapping and covering prevented any damage to our belongings which we understood might happen because of the fact it’s a long move and things happen, but didn’t and we were pleased.

When it came time for the delivery everything went according to schedule but because of my line of work I was unable to be there. When my wife and father-in-law expressed their content with how they moved our stuff in it only reiterated what I already knew, that we made the right choice. When my wife started moving some of the bins to our storage closet they told her not to worry and that they would do that for her, and let it be know the bins were already in our apartment. The cherry on top was when they met our request to have our toddler’s bins brought in first so that she could start feeling more comfortable with the change and no doubt keep her entertained with her toys while the move was happening. I would highly recommend anyone that would want to ease their concerns about moving by using the services of Bold Storage and Moving. You will not be disappointed.

Bold Moving and Storage response

Thank you so much for your kind words Jorge we were happy to save the day!

If you ever need movers you know who to call! Thank you for making a bold move!

The Owners @ BMS

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I got a quote from quite a few moving companies, but Bo from Bold Moving and Storage kept on coming back to me and he gave me a very good quote. He sounded as if the company was very caring. It was nice to hear they were not a big company, that they were still trying to make a name for themselves. They were in Richmond and they were close. I was in Newport News, so I decided to go with them. They all scheduled the move, but I had to move it a bit earlier or a bit later and the rep was very flexible around the date because I didn’t know when we would close on the house. I appreciated that. They rescheduled the move and they called me the day before in the morning that they came. The move was from Newport News to Acworth, Georgia.

My interactions with the crew were wonderful. Josh was in charge of the crew. They were absolutely amazing and very nice. They really listened. However, there was one guy who made a few mistakes. The stuff that he packed had a few dents and a few marks in it. But he was also very nice. It was just that he was new to the job, so he made a few mistakes. Nonetheless, they were very productive and professional, and did exactly what I required from them and really tried to do as I asked them.

There were a few things that were upsetting, though. The one thing was that I packed everything myself and I marked every box that had fragile stuff in it very clearly. I put a can of oil that I use in my furniture to polish in one of them. It’s a mineral oil for my butcher’s blocks. I packed that very clearly and I had lines on all sides of the box saying, “Fragile, fragile, fragile,” but whoever put it down put it upside-down, so the pressure was on the oil. Unfortunately, the box that was underneath it was the box with all my photographs. Some of those photographs were of my late husband and I couldn’t replace them. They were not digital. So, I was devastated.

The other thing that I was really concerned about was the two other pieces of furniture that shouldn’t get damaged at all got a very nasty little mark right at the top. It went right through because they didn’t put any cartons. They just wrapped a blanket around it, but there was a hole in the blanket, so it had the gouge out at the top. I was also a little upset about that because there is nowhere that you can correct it. You can’t hide it and you can’t fix it with some wood glue because it is an imported wood and it is solid wood. However, it is dark wood, so it is not the first thing that you see when you look at that piece of furniture. My sewing cabinet also got damaged. It is just cheap stuff, but it got a really nasty gouge on the top as well and there is also no way that I can fix that. But for the rest of the stuff, everything that I packed, there was not a glass or a chip or anything that got damaged at all.

The guys who unpacked it knew about the issues. I showed it to them when they were here and I thought that they would report it. While they were unpacking, we discovered it. They saw it and the guy who was in charge here even took photographs of it. I thought they would report it, but nobody reached out to me and asked if anything was lost or damaged. There was no form for me to complete, so I just thought it was just the way the cookie crumbles. Bo said to me that there would be a follow-up. I also understood that they wouldn’t follow up within three days because they couldn’t unpack in three days. All the stuff that I unpacked afterward were fine, except those things that were unpacked from the truck.

I don’t think there was anything that they could really do about it, but it would've been nice if he had given me a call two or three days later. They just said to me there was a form. The saddest thing is there is nothing to be done about the solid-wood furniture and it is something I have to live with. They won’t replace the Sauder cabinet because of the gouge on the top, but the thing is it sits in my bedroom and it is a big gouge, so everybody who comes into the room can immediately see it. I also have this very cheap stand that I use to do grandma washing and things on and they didn’t tape the part of that to the stand. I couldn’t put the whole thing together now because some of the little plastic things that go around it are missing. I also got a little thing that I use as a tub where I put my painting and two of its feet are missing.

I would still recommend Bold Moving and Storage. They were so nice and so professional and they really tried to accommodate my needs. Nobody goes through a move without a little damage. What bothered me was that they didn’t follow up and it was not what I expected of them. I had around 150 boxes to unpack, so I thought that they were giving me time to go through everything and see if everything was okay, then they would reach out to me, however, up to now, there is nothing. This is the first move that I’ve done here in America. In South Africa, they send you a form usually about three weeks in. They usually send you a form to ask if there were any damages.

Brenda,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We're glad you're satisfied and we truly hope you're settling into your new home.

Thank you again for your business!

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

We were moving about 200 miles. I made an internet inquiry and then I got called by several companies. It was a two-bedroom apartment and I explained the size in square feet. They gave me a price based on that explanation and they figured I had so many boxes. I wasn’t crazy about that and I wasn’t really comfortable with getting an estimate based on the fact that they said they would bring this size truck when they haven’t seen everything. So, I expressed that to Bold Moving and Storage, and during one of their moves, they were in the area and they sent somebody over to take a look. I was told I was fine, and that I was within what they thought they were gonna be dealing with. I had several estimates, and Bold Moving and Storage had the better estimate. I also had a better feeling with the phone call that I had with their rep, so I went with them.

I had good interactions with the crew during the move. They were pretty quick and thorough. They really protected everything and wrapped everything up. There were problems though that were mainly due to the inexperience of some of the helpers. They were taping up blankets around some of our furniture and they taped the blanket to the furniture itself which took off some of the finish. We told them about it at that time and the guy who seemed to be the foreman took photos of it. He said he’d get back to us but he never did. But it wasn’t a big deal. Sometimes things happen.

In the few moves that I’ve done, I always had somebody come over and take a look at everything and give us an estimate based on what they saw, what they were gonna have to move, and how far. So I was a little worried about when we would see the actual contract and all the fine prints because it could be $75 for anything over 100 feet. I told Bold Moving and Storage that it's a 14-story building and we have a warehouse elevator, and we lived in the apartment on the corner. I asked them if I would be responsible for the 80 feet from my apartment to the warehouse elevator, and then when you go down, there is another 100 feet to the truck. They said it was just boilerplate type of stuff in contracts, and they were not gonna hold me to that.

I didn’t really feel comfortable because when I sign a contract, I’m signing it based on what’s written on the paper. Bold Moving and Storage, however, held to what they told me and they didn't charge me. They did a good job for the move and what they had to do. I was also impressed that the crew took things apart that I didn’t think they would be taking apart when we moved to the house. Then they took the time to make sure everything was put back together. I would definitely recommend Bold Moving and Storage.

Joe,

Thank you so much for giving Bold Moving & Storage such a positive review.

You are truly a valued customer and we look forward to working with you again.

Best wishes,

~The Owners @ BMS

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bold Moving and Storage?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

From the time we booked our move to the time the movers came and packed up our house all the way though dropping everything off, our experience has been amazing. Bold Movers is a professional company start to finish and their work speaks for itself. I will be recommending to my friends and family.

Russell,

Thank you for the kind words brother! We appreciate your business and had a pleasure working with you.

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I have move plenty times in my life and this guys were amazing. What a pleasure to do business with this movers. From A to Z. Just amazing. I will recommend them to anybody. They were there on time, finish on time and most important got my furniture on time.

Carlos,

Thank you for the awesome review!

You're a great guy, thank you for your business.

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

Very professional, very clear communication. Very thorough, conscientious and courteous, their packing practices are. I recommend Bold Moving and Storage without hesitation or caveat and will use them again. Fearless moving.

Steve,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post us an awesome review!

We appreciate your business, thanks again for making a BOLD move!

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Hired Bold Moving and Storage to transport our belongings from California to Texas. Joshua ** was our contact person. He said all the right things in the beginning and I felt comfortable hiring them. Once the time got closer to the actual move he disappeared. My furniture arrived with not much damage but I was told by Joshua that he would be "with me all the way" and that I did not need to worry and to call him any time. He did not return phone calls and did not return any emails once the furniture was picked up. So what could have turned out being a good experience did not. Bold Moving and Storage may be a good company but my experience would lead me to not recommend them.

Martha,

(This is Joshua)

From the "get-go," I explained to you that we didn't have trucks in California and if you wanted my referral I would be more than happy to set you up with a company based out of California.

I only had one missed call from you, which I returned. As far as the email you sent over; I immediately sent that over to the company I referred you to.

I'm sorry the move didn't go exactly how you planned it, had this been a BOLD move I can assure you, there would have been no hiccup whatsoever.

We wish you nothing but the best.

Resolution response: Aug. 6, 2019

I need to update my review. Bold Moving & Storage reached out today to express their displeasure with my moving experience and offered to replace the damaged items I was concerned with. Josh and Bill, the two owners of the company took time out of their day to listen to my experience and see how they could help and improve the experience for their other customers. Although moving across the country can be scary, and often times things go wrong, having two owners care about your individual case is a huge benefit of using Bold Moving and Storage.

(Client's Response after resolution)

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

When my fiancé and I found out that we were moving across the country, we immediately began researching moving companies and ultimately chose Bold Moving & Storage after reading all of the positive reviews. We were contacted by Josh who was initially professional and helpful. However, that quickly changed when issues started to arise such as holes in the walls (done by his employees), broken furniture, and missing paperwork.

We have called multiple times and no one will call us back. All of the furniture items that were packed by the Bold Moving & Storage employees arrived broken and/or damaged. The furniture/items that we packed by us were not broken or damaged, but the boxes and containers that we used were crushed and will not be able to be used in the future. Bold Moving & Storage offers furniture disassembly, however, they simply broke our bed frame into so many pieces that it cannot be put back together. Additionally, they offer mattress covers and lamp boxes for an extra fee (which we paid).

When the mattresses and lamps arrived, the mattress covers had been ripped in multiple places which resulted in the mattresses being filthy and the lamp boxes had been crushed which resulted in the lamp shades being unusable. Finally, the employees did not provide us with a receipt of service, so we cannot move forward with making a claim for our broken furniture.

As noted above, we have called countless times to receive this receipt. Our calls are either ignored or we are told it will be e-mailed to us, and it never arrives. Please DO NOT be fooled by the positive reviews left previously. One was even written by the owner of the company (Josh), so we are not sure if the reviews are even real. We do not want anyone else to experience what we have gone through. Moving across the country is hard enough; no one deserves these extra headaches.

Bold Moving and Storage FAQ

How does Bold Moving and Storage work?
  1. Start planning your move: Begin the process by completing an inventory form. A Bold Moving and Storage customer service consultant will reach out to discuss your specific relocation needs and provide you with a free moving quote. To ensure you receive the most accurate quote, make sure you include all items on your inventory form along with any additional services you want. Note that a deposit is required to lock in your quoted pick-up dates.
  2. Packing and loading: The day before your reserved pick-up dates, the Bold Moving and Storage dispatch team will confirm a 2–3-hour window when the movers will arrive. Every move includes furniture disassembly, padding and wrapping of all items, and loading of belongings onto the truck. If you opt for professional packing services, Bold Moving and Storage provides all necessary packing materials and professionally packages your items for you. Once packed, the transportation and delivery process begins, unless your items are to be placed in storage.
  3. Payment and delivery: You must pay the remaining balance at drop-off. You can request any additional services, such as unpacking, when your inventory arrives at its final destination. Once payment is received, Bold Moving and Storage movers unload, unwrap and reassemble your furniture.
Is Bold Moving and Storage available nationwide?

No. Bold Moving and Storage services pick-ups anywhere in D.C., Maryland, Delaware and Virginia, plus most of North Carolina, and can deliver anywhere on the East Coast. If you are moving across the country, Bold Moving and Storage is federally licensed to coordinate long-distance, interstate moving services for businesses and households.

Will Bold Moving and Storage move boxes that I pack myself?

Yes, Bold Moving and Storage will move boxes that you pack yourself as long as they are safe to transport, though self-packed boxes may not be insured. Bold Moving and Storage moving company offers flexible packing and unpacking services with no minimum or maximum packing requirement. Bold Moving and Storage movers can pack selected items or the entire inventory.

Can Bold Moving and Storage move on the weekends?

Bold Moving and Storage offers services seven days a week to accommodate your schedule. The day before your pick-up date, a Bold Moving and Storage dispatch team will confirm a 2–3-hour window in which professional movers will arrive.

Do we recommend Bold Moving and Storage?

Bold Moving and Storage eliminates the stress of a move by providing exactly what consumers need, whether they’re moving across the East Coast or across the country. Bold Moving and Storage specializes in customizable packages for individuals and corporations, long-distance and local moves, plus storage services. In the last year, about 93 percent of verified customers said they were happy with their experience and would recommend Bold Moving and Storage to a friend. The remaining said they were “satisfied with the experience.” Bold Moving and Storage company reviews frequently mention their polite and courteous professional moving crews.

Bold Moving and Storage Company Information