2. Movers
Accredited Partner

Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.78/5

Bold Moving and Storage was established on the foundation of respect and integrity. Bold takes pride in providing superior customer service and transparency throughout the entire quoting and moving process. Since it specializes long-distance moves, you can feel confident your items will be safe and securely delivered on-time. All moves can be customized to meet your plans, so call today for your free quote!

Bold Moving and Storage Gallery (5)

BOTTOM LINE

Bold Moving and Storage does everything from packing and cleaning your former residence to storage or unpacking at your destination. They are available around the Washington, D.C., metro area and for long-distance hauls.

PROS

• Customizable moves
  • Easy booking process
  • Full-service options

CONS

• Longer hold times on the phone
  • Some location restrictions

Top Bold Moving and Storage Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bold Moving and Storage?

...We moved on short notice and our needs for tight scheduling were met in a polite and professional manner by everyone from the owners through the front staff to... all of the people we encountered... The service was cordial and personal but also efficient and professional.

This was our first time using movers and we could not be happier. They arrived on time and worked quickly ... Everything went smoothly and before we knew it, everything was at our new home and they placed the furniture where we asked. The price was very agreeable and the guys were wonderful...

Bold Moving and Storage Get a Quote

Bold Moving and Storage services

Bold Moving and Storage specializes in long-distance moves for households and businesses. All moves can be customized to include as many or as few services as you’d like.

• Packing and unpacking: If you opt for packing services, Bold Moving and Storage provides necessary packing materials and professionally packs items for you. Unpacking services at delivery are available upon request.
  • Storage services: Once packed, Bold Moving and Storage can place your belongings in storage service. You can store your items for any length of time in a climate-controlled facility that includes 24-hour surveillance.
  • Cleaning services: With a full-service move, Bold Moving and Storage will clean your former residence to get it fresh and ready for the next tenant. You can choose between full and partial household cleaning.
  • Auto moving: Bold Moving and Storage can coordinate the relocation of any type or size of automobile anywhere in the country.

Bold Moving and Storage services are only available in Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Virginia, Washington, D.C. and West Virginia.

Bold Moving and Storage moving packages

Bold Moving and Storage offers three tiers of moving packages: Bold Standard, Bold Premium and Bold Luxury. Standard professional moving services include furniture disassembly, packing, transportation and delivery.

The Bold Premium package includes all the Standard benefits, plus custom crating and white-glove delivery service. The highest tier, Bold Luxury, includes all the Standard and Premium benefits, plus residential cleaning, complete unpacking and box removal. Total costs will vary based on a variety of factors, including location, distance and amount of household goods.

Bold StandardBold PremiumBold Luxury
Box removal
Cleaning services

Bold Moving and Storage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bold Moving and Storage?

Original review: June 24, 2020

Moving is inherently stressful and our crew went above and beyond to help us have a good experience. Our foreman, Ian, is an ace. He has a consistently positive attitude, attention to detail, and applies expertise gained from years of experience. We want to work with him again, with no hesitation. He is so wise and courteous, we’d trust him to raise our kids.

The crew we had included Neko, Leo and Demetrius and they all were careful and hard-working. Everybody was digging deep to race the freight elevator time restrictions. Even though Bold gave me a higher quote than other moving companies, I knew picking a smaller company that isn’t just a broker would ensure the job would be done with care. Watching the way they filled the truck under Ian’s direction it was clear it was all strategic. Neko is also a professional musician and has great taste in music to listen to while packing and he packed and moved with an efficient rhythm that was straight-up musical.

Leo tackled our entire storage unit and loaded with a quiet efficiency that was surprising in a good way. Demetrius was a packing superstar who went into the kitchen and set to work with laser focus on dishes and fragile things. They were all really nice guys and it was comfortable having them around all day. They were kind to our pets, too! Job very well done.

Carley,

Thank you so much for the awesome review! We're so happy you chose to make a BOLD move! If you ever need to move again, you know who to call!

~The Owners @ BMS

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: May 21, 2020

Recently hired Bold Moving & Storage for a move from NYC to VA. The team was very helpful in providing flexibility with our move scheduling and ensuring that our final quote was the price we would end up paying. Despite having a slightly higher quote than some of the other providers we contacted, Bold was a great choice for us since we did not have to worry about the quote changing, as we had read can be common with other providers. They were punctual, friendly, and very thorough in packing our furniture which we really appreciated. Having not done a long distance move previously, I found the Bold team to be very direct and great to work with. It was a comfort to know they weren't contracting the job out but rather that it was Bold employees conducting the move from start to finish. We had a great experience with them and would recommend them for sure.

Bold Moving and Storage response

Thank you Johnny for the kind words, and we appreciate your business!

Take care and best of luck!

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: April 17, 2020

Bold Moving & Storage provided top-notch service moving my parents from one state to another. This was our first time utilizing a moving company and BMS surpassed our expectations. Josh and Bill were in constant contact with us prior to the move ensuring they were at the ready as closing dates changed. They provided three extraordinary, experienced, and caring team members to guide us through the physical move. Rob, Mike and Ali were polite, respectful, thorough, and most importantly, patient. They were very conscientious of CDC protocols throughout the move and tolerated our family's concerns (I admit they were mostly mine). We couldn't have chosen a more perfect team for our needs. Thank you all at Bold Moving and Storage for the excellent service.

Audra,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a positive review! We truly appreciate your business and we're happy that mom chose to make a BOLD move! If you ever need movers again, you know who to call! We will share this with the whole team, thanks again Audra & Tim!

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: March 11, 2020

My husband and I have had a great experience with Bold. From the first phone call consultation with Josh, to the crew who came to pack us up and then the final two men who delivered our belongings, we were given 5 star service. Josh was able to give us a true transparent cost based on an inventory of all our personal items and furniture. The pricing was truly impossible to beat as we obtained 3 other quotes for the exact same service. If that wasn’t too good to be true, all the men who came to help were very professional and worked long hard hours (we even had to tell the first crew to shut it down at 10pm!). All our belongings were taken care of and nothing was damaged or out of place. The men who came to deliver our items even helped my husband assemble the TVs before they left! We can’t say enough good things about this company. Our expectations were exceeded.

Erica & Jessie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a positive review! We truly appreciate you guys, we appreciate you helping us spread the word! Thank you for making a BOLD move! It truly is the way the only way to move! Enjoy Florida, and if you ever need to move again, you know who to call!

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I recently accepted a job in Texas and had to relocate from NJ. My company had given me a name of a mover they used, but I wanted to compare as I had no idea what this would cost. I googled consumer affairs and Bold Moving and Storage came up and immediately reached out. Spoke to Bill the owner, who was very pleasant explained the process in detail and gave me a quote much cheaper than the first company. He was very accurate! I agreed and booked them for the move. Moving day came and I must say, I have never seen such a professional, well mannered, pleasant crew. They arrived promptly at scheduled time.

Ian was the lead of the Operations and he did not play. He gave the orders and made sure everything was accurately done. This team worked so hard from the minute they walked in until they left. Everything was meticulously wrapped and placed in moving truck. I was so impressed! I would not use anyone else for any future moves. Thank you Bill and your team. You have made this relocating process so easy and stress free. You deserve more than 5 Star. Sincerely, Gracy V.

Gracy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post us such a positive review! We truly appreciate the feedback and recommendation! Thank you for making a BOLD move, and we look forward to finishing strong in Texas!

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: June 19, 2020

A wonderfully smooth move with a great team of guys! I was worried, initially, as we have some very heavy furniture and just a ton of books and glassware that had to be moved from a basement into a basement. The move took longer than expected, but I wasn't charged anything more than I'd been estimated and the guys enthusiastically went above and beyond expectations to see to it that we were satisfied. The quote was very reasonable. I would highly recommend Bold Moving to anyone with a pending move!!

Original review: June 7, 2020

I was overall satisfied with my delivery and pickup. The only issues I had was they will not take your empty boxes and the inventory list could be better put to use. Other than that Bold Moving made my move from Virginia to Texas a lot less stressful.

Bold Moving and Storage response

Thank you Mike! We agree there is always room for improvement and thank you for sharing your experience and feedback.

Thank you for making a Bold Move!

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: May 31, 2020

I had the privilege of working with a top notch moving team from Bold Moving and Storage Company. We moved from the Atlanta area to Palm Coast, FL. The “A” Team was led by Ian, and included Ibi and Davonta. All three got right to work in Atlanta, loading our furniture, and did not stop until the last piece of furniture was unloaded two days later. (Yes it was a big move!) Not only were they courteous and professional, but it was a downright pleasure to interact with them! Three young professional men who worked extremely well together and knew what it took to get the job done. I highly recommend the company and if you’re lucky enough to get these three, then it’s icing on the cake!!

John,

Thank you for the compliments and kind words.

I will share this with Ian, Ibi and Davonte.

We're happy you chose to make a BOLD move. Enjoy your new home!

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: May 14, 2020

Cross country move. Bold did a fine job for our move. I was skeptical going into a big move having read plenty of bad reviews about most players in this space. I was very pleasantly surprised - the crew was professional, worked hard, and was courteous, adjusting schedules and what got packed when to suit our family’s needs. They delivered faster than other companies said could be done and were prompt and responsive. I’d recommended them easily.

Bold Moving and Storage response

Moving from Virginia to Oregon is definitely no easy task, and we thank you for the kind words and choosing our company.

Hope y'all enjoy your new home and take care!

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: May 6, 2020

I am the CEO of a small woman-owned business in Clifton, VA, **. ** has won several complex contracts with the state of Virginia to provide custom furnishings to various state-run facilities. Bold has been our consolidator and installer. They have done a fantastic job working with us on these projects! They are honorable, positive, and efficient. They communicate well and hire great people. I would recommend them without reservation.

Katie,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback Katie! You're the best! We enjoy working with your company and will continue to do so! We're very happy that you're happy with our services, and if you need anything at all pertaining to moving & installing, you know who to call!

Bold Moving and Storage FAQ

How does Bold Moving and Storage work?
    1. Start planning your move: Begin the process by completing an inventory form. A Bold Moving and Storage customer service consultant will reach out to discuss your specific relocation needs and provide you with a free moving quote. To ensure you receive the most accurate quote, make sure you include all items on your inventory form along with any additional services you want. Note that a deposit is required to lock in your quoted pick-up dates.
    2. Packing and loading: The day before your reserved pick-up dates, the Bold Moving and Storage dispatch team will confirm a 2–3-hour window when the movers will arrive. Every move includes furniture disassembly, padding and wrapping of all items, and loading of belongings onto the truck. If you opt for professional packing services, Bold Moving and Storage provides all necessary packing materials and professionally packages your items for you. Once packed, the transportation and delivery process begins, unless your items are to be placed in storage.
    3. Payment and delivery: You must pay the remaining balance at drop-off. You can request any additional services, such as unpacking, when your inventory arrives at its final destination. Once payment is received, Bold Moving and Storage movers unload, unwrap and reassemble your furniture.
    Is Bold Moving and Storage available nationwide?

No. Bold Moving and Storage services pick-ups anywhere in D.C., Maryland, Delaware and Virginia, plus most of North Carolina, and can deliver anywhere on the East Coast. If you are moving across the country, Bold Moving and Storage is federally licensed to coordinate long-distance, interstate moving services for businesses and households.

Will Bold Moving and Storage move boxes that I pack myself?

Yes, Bold Moving and Storage will move boxes that you pack yourself as long as they are safe to transport, though self-packed boxes may not be insured. Bold Moving and Storage moving company offers flexible packing and unpacking services with no minimum or maximum packing requirement. Bold Moving and Storage movers can pack selected items or the entire inventory.

Can Bold Moving and Storage move on the weekends?

Bold Moving and Storage offers services seven days a week to accommodate your schedule. The day before your pick-up date, a Bold Moving and Storage dispatch team will confirm a 2–3-hour window in which professional movers will arrive.

Do we recommend Bold Moving and Storage?

Bold Moving and Storage eliminates the stress of a move by providing exactly what consumers need, whether they’re moving across the East Coast or across the country. Bold Moving and Storage specializes in customizable packages for individuals and corporations, long-distance moves and storage services. In the last year, about 93 percent of verified customers said they were happy with their experience and would recommend Bold Moving and Storage to a friend. The remaining said they were “satisfied with the experience.” Bold Moving and Storage company reviews frequently mention their polite and courteous professional moving crews.

Bold Moving and Storage Company Information