2. Movers
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.57/5

Bold Moving and Storage was established on the foundation of respect and integrity. Bold takes pride in providing superior customer service and transparency throughout the entire quoting and moving process. Specializing in local and long-distance moves, you can feel confident your items will be safe and securely delivered on-time. All moves can be customized to meet your plans, so call today for your free quote!

Bold Moving and Storage Gallery (5)
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Bold Moving and Storage does everything from packing and cleaning your former residence to storage or unpacking at your destination. They are available around the Washington, D.C., metro area and for long-distance hauls.

PROS

• Customizable moves
  • Easy booking process
  • Full-service options

CONS

• Longer hold times on the phone
  • Some location restrictions

Top Bold Moving and Storage Reviews

...We moved on short notice and our needs for tight scheduling were met in a polite and professional manner by everyone from the owners through the front staff to... all of the people we encountered... The service was cordial and personal but also efficient and professional.

This was our first time using movers and we could not be happier. They arrived on time and worked quickly and efficiently. Everything went smoothly and before we knew it, everything was at our new home and they placed the furniture where we asked. The price was very agreeable and the guys were wonderful...

Bold Moving and Storage services

Bold Moving and Storage specializes in local and long-distance moves for households and businesses. All moves can be customized to include as many or as few services as you’d like.

• Packing and unpacking: If you opt for packing services, Bold Moving and Storage provides necessary packing materials and professionally packs items for you. Unpacking services at delivery are available upon request.
  • Storage services: Once packed, Bold Moving and Storage can place your belongings in storage service. You can store your items for any length of time in a climate-controlled facility that includes 24-hour surveillance.
  • Cleaning services: With a full-service move, Bold Moving and Storage will clean your former residence to get it fresh and ready for the next tenant. You can choose between full and partial household cleaning.
  • Auto moving: Bold Moving and Storage can coordinate the relocation of any type or size of automobile anywhere in the country.
  • Small moves: If you only have a few items to move, Bold Moving and Storage can take care of local moves on any deadline.

Bold Moving and Storage services are only available in Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Virginia, Washington, D.C. and West Virginia.

Bold Moving and Storage moving packages

Bold Moving and Storage offers three tiers of moving packages: Bold Standard, Bold Premium and Bold Luxury. Standard professional moving services include furniture disassembly, packing, transportation and delivery.

The Bold Premium package includes all the Standard benefits, plus custom crating and white-glove delivery service. The highest tier, Bold Luxury, includes all the Standard and Premium benefits, plus residential cleaning, complete unpacking and box removal. Total costs will vary based on a variety of factors, including location, distance and amount of household goods.

Bold StandardBold PremiumBold Luxury
Cleaning services

Bold Moving and Storage Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: June 16, 2019

I was looking for a mover for a complete household move from NC to Missouri. I went through the usual suspects of national carrier / brokers before coming across Bold Moving & Storage. Their reviews were consistently outstanding. Spoke to their senior relocation coordinator, Joshua, and was immediately impressed with his honesty, attitude, and commitment to personalized customer service. Decided to give the smaller firm a chance and was not disappointed.

Joshua was very patient with all my questions and kept in contact with us every step of the way. He is a man of his word. None of the add-ons, extras, up-charges, holding goods hostage, etc, that are so prevalent in the industry. Bold Moving assigned one of the best crew leads, Ian, to handle the actual packing, load, move and unload. Ian and his team were exceptional in their professionalism and care for our belongings. In any move, there will always be hiccups. The true test is how a firm handles the inevitable issue. Joshua and Bold are standing by their commitments to me. I wholeheartedly recommend Bold Moving for your relocation needs.

Thomas,

Wow! What an amazing recommendation! You Tom, are a man of your word as well. Thank you so much for the business!

I will share this with Ian and the team! Thanks again Tom, and if you ever need movers just give us a call!

~ The Owners @ BMS

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2019

This is an unbiased review of my experience with BMS (Bold Moving and Storage). To me my move seemed complicated, but after getting bombarded from movers with offers I went with BMS. The people I talked to were professional and flexible. I had your normal household items to move, but several high-value items like a motorcycle and four 4K TVs. The movers showed up on time on the date schedule and came ready to work. The on the ground movers took extra care with all my items. They worked hard and were highly professional. Everything with my move was explained up front and simple.

I was moving out of state and they had my house hold items down to my new home fast. Upon arriving to my new home the movers got to work quickly. They hustled but also handled all my items with care. And I am happy to say that nothing moved arrived damaged. My motorcycle was handled with extreme caution and all my electronic worked perfectly plus and all my furniture was in perfect condition. And lastly this companies ethic are so high that my original estimate was more than quoted and they refunded me back money already paid. In all I will definitely use BMS for my next move which will be soon. I am extremely satisfied with the cost and the quality of service.

Simion,

Thank you for the review and the kind words! We appreciate your business! Thanks again for making a Bold move!

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: April 25, 2019

My wife and I relocated from Virginia to Michigan and the move couldn't have gone better. From start to finish the move was by far the best cross country move I've experienced thanks to these wonderful people. I have moved 20+ times and have always had something go wrong but that was not the case here. From the beginning in Richmond, I had multiple communication calls and updates. There were 5 guys that came to load our home. I asked for extra special care due to numerous antiques and family heirlooms that I simply could not transport myself. All of the guys did a complete walkthrough before any work was done which assured me that they were all on the same page.

On the receiving end, all the household items were packed tightly and strategically so well that nothing moved which is un heard of. Now, I'd like to give a shout out to Sherrod and Ryan because those two lifted and completed what I would call "A royal pain in the butt" move given that I have some extremely heavy items. All in all, do not call around and get different quotes. These guys are a little more expensive but 100% worth it!!! My quoted price never changed. And always remember folks, take care of the people moving you. Treat them to lunch and tip if they've satisfied you because in the end your entire home is packed up into one truck and will get there like nothing ever happened. I will hire again no questions asked. I hope this helps if you're on the fence on who to use.

Travis,

Thank you so much for making a Bold move!!

We truly appreciate the compliments and stellar remarks! We will continue to change the industry one move at a time. You have movers for life now brother, please call us for the next one!

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: April 22, 2019

Right from the start, I knew I selected the right company for the move. Joshua was very personable, polite and had great attention to detail. The company met our needs and delivery date was flexible which made it less stressful with all that was happening in our lives. We were pleased with the moving crew, Spencer, Alex and "Pop". They were friendly and fast.

Our move was a two part delivery move and with Spencer leading, the items were seperated and loaded on the truck for each move. When they left, we prayed the deliveries would go just as smoothly. We were so pleased with the crew. We were kept informed of our delivery date and our earlier delivery date request happened. The best part of the move was seeing Spencer arrived with Sherrod for the two part unloading. Spencer is a born leader, hard worker and takes the time to train the crew working with him. I witnessed Spencer working in SC and in CT with a different crew each time. No matter who he worked with he took the time assisting and ensuring the crew did not injure themselves while still meeting the client's needs. Spencer, "Thank you" and I hope the company knows what an excellent representative they have in you. Should I ever need a moving company in the future, I would hire this company again in a heartbeat.

Brenda,

Thank you for the amazing review!

I'm going to share this with the whole team!

Thank you so much for making a BOLD move, you remind me of home (Jersey) so much! Please pass the word along to all your friends and anyone you know making an upcoming move. Thank you again!

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: March 27, 2019

We were relocating from Virginia Beach to Florida and shopping for a moving company. My Wife wanted one of the well know large companies and was reluctant to use such a small and little known company. However, we were pleasantly surprised. Bold Moving and Storage showed up on time and did the best wrapping and packing job I'd seen in my 30 years of moving in the military. The owners were onsite, professional and effective. They wrapped things that I'd never seen wrapped before and placed everything in their 30 day free storage.

We got to Florida and found a house in record time. With one call To Bold we arranged for our delivery within a three day window. Once more they showed up on time and worked until the job was done and charged us what we agreed to. All in all they did a great job and I highly recommend them to anyone moving in State or out of State.

Danny,

It was a pleasure having you on board.

We’re happy you had such a positive experience and we thank you for spreading the word!

Thanks again for the recommendation!

~The Owners @ BMS

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bold Moving and Storage?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I hired these guys based on good reviews, and I really wanted to like them, but....unfortunately I have mostly negative things to say. The positive first: 1. Arrived basically as planned at both origin and destination. 2. Packers and unpackers were courteous enough. The negative:

1. COMMUNICATION. This is the main issue that prompted me to write this review. Despite all of the negative below, I would have been reasonably satisfied if they had consistently communicated throughout the entire process.

2. Damages to personal property and premises. As noted by another recent review, many items were damaged. This included major dents in the walls at both origin and destination.

3. False assurances. One of the unpackers took pictures of all the damaged items and assured us he would file an insurance claim on our behalf. After much back and forth with the insurance company, it's clear that this was not done. I filed the claim, which entailed an unreasonable amount of work (see below).

4. Careless driving? I'm not sure how, but somehow these guys managed to run over two security cameras owned by the building where we were renting our apartment. Rather than own up to it, they threw them in the bushes. When confronted by a building manager, they admitted to the damage and assured him they would pay the $3600 bill. However, they have not done so. See #7 below.

5. This is minor but -- if you want to plan your travel, please note that these guys won't give you a particular day for pick up or delivery. It's always a two-day window until the day before. (To be fair, in our case they ended up showing up on the specific day we preferred at both ends.)

6. The claims process. Given all of the damaged items, we elected to attempt to file our own claim with the "insurance company". Although the movers repeatedly referred to this as an insurance process (and even bragged about how good it was), the website for this company says they are not an insurance company and they merely make recommendations to the movers. Furthermore, they make the process incredibly tedious, presumably hoping that nobody will actually file.

7. UNPROFESSIONAL AND UNETHICAL. I waited 6 months to post this review hoping that the owner would respond to my repeated communication and pay the bill he said he would pay. However, the $3600 bill for the damages detailed in #4 above is outstanding and he has been ignoring me. Beware of this company. Do not hire.

Susan,

We have never not communicated with you, but if you have not reached out to us in six months, how are we supposed to know you still have an issue?

For the damaged household good items, we sent you the documentation to file a claim, this process is specific to the rules set forth by the dot. We have to follow the rules for that, and it really is not that tedious, you file it online, submit some photos and can be as easy as you make it.

We are deeply sorry you feel that way about our company, however we provided insurance information on the vehicles for the damage to your building, and it was and is up to them to file a claim with them. The driver submitted his information to the building, and also to you, and we notified the building of the damage.

I have called you multiple times with no answer , and no response, to further assist you with this process.

We take pride in our work, we do a good job, and unfortunately some things happen, we are not perfect and do not claim to be, but one thing that we are, is accountable and professional.

We have good people that work for us.

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I had a full house that was loaded and unloaded by the professional people. The team was so great to work with and would recommend them to everyone moving. The most honest team to work with, they went above and beyond to help us.

Bold Moving and Storage response

Thank you Norma for the kind words, we appreciate your feedback and hope that you are settling in to your new Maine house quite nicely.

Happy Holidays

-The Owners @ BMS

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

From the time we booked our move to the time the movers came and packed up our house all the way though dropping everything off, our experience has been amazing. Bold Movers is a professional company start to finish and their work speaks for itself. I will be recommending to my friends and family.

Russell,

Thank you for the kind words brother! We appreciate your business and had a pleasure working with you.

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I have move plenty times in my life and this guys were amazing. What a pleasure to do business with this movers. From A to Z. Just amazing. I will recommend them to anybody. They were there on time, finish on time and most important got my furniture on time.

Carlos,

Thank you for the awesome review!

You're a great guy, thank you for your business.

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

A couple months ago I moved from Washington DC to the Kansas City area. I found the whole process to be excellent, from getting a quote to scheduling a date, to the actual move. Communication was always very clear and responses were prompt. There was one hiccup in moving in where an existing light fixture in the new home was cracked. We are currently working through that though, and the company has been very reasonable to work with to come to resolution. I definitely recommend hiring these folks for your next move.

Kevin,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a 5 star review!!

You had the pleasure of working with Carlos, he is an awesome guy with a big personality! We're happy you're happy and thank again for making a Bold move!

Bold Moving and Storage FAQ

How does Bold Moving and Storage work?
    1. Start planning your move: Begin the process by completing an inventory form. A Bold Moving and Storage customer service consultant will reach out to discuss your specific relocation needs and provide you with a free moving quote. To ensure you receive the most accurate quote, make sure you include all items on your inventory form along with any additional services you want. Note that a deposit is required to lock in your quoted pick-up dates.
    2. Packing and loading: The day before your reserved pick-up dates, the Bold Moving and Storage dispatch team will confirm a 2–3-hour window when the movers will arrive. Every move includes furniture disassembly, padding and wrapping of all items, and loading of belongings onto the truck. If you opt for professional packing services, Bold Moving and Storage provides all necessary packing materials and professionally packages your items for you. Once packed, the transportation and delivery process begins, unless your items are to be placed in storage.
    3. Payment and delivery: You must pay the remaining balance at drop-off. You can request any additional services, such as unpacking, when your inventory arrives at its final destination. Once payment is received, Bold Moving and Storage movers unload, unwrap and reassemble your furniture.
    Is Bold Moving and Storage available nationwide?

No. Bold Moving and Storage services pick-ups anywhere in D.C., Maryland, Delaware and Virginia, plus most of North Carolina, and can deliver anywhere on the East Coast. If you are moving across the country, Bold Moving and Storage is federally licensed to coordinate long-distance, interstate moving services for businesses and households.

Will Bold Moving and Storage move boxes that I pack myself?

Yes, Bold Moving and Storage will move boxes that you pack yourself as long as they are safe to transport, though self-packed boxes may not be insured. Bold Moving and Storage moving company offers flexible packing and unpacking services with no minimum or maximum packing requirement. Bold Moving and Storage movers can pack selected items or the entire inventory.

Can Bold Moving and Storage move on the weekends?

Bold Moving and Storage offers services seven days a week to accommodate your schedule. The day before your pick-up date, a Bold Moving and Storage dispatch team will confirm a 2–3-hour window in which professional movers will arrive.

Do we recommend Bold Moving and Storage?

Bold Moving and Storage eliminates the stress of a move by providing exactly what consumers need, whether they’re moving across the East Coast or across the country. Bold Moving and Storage specializes in customizable packages for individuals and corporations, long-distance and local moves, plus storage services. In the last year, about 93 percent of verified customers said they were happy with their experience and would recommend Bold Moving and Storage to a friend. The remaining said they were “satisfied with the experience.” Bold Moving and Storage company reviews frequently mention their polite and courteous professional moving crews.

Bold Moving and Storage Company Information