Get a Quote

2. Movers

4.8/5 (85 ratings)

About Bold Moving and Storage

Bold Moving and Storage was established on the foundation of respect and integrity. Bold takes pride in providing superior customer service and transparency throughout the entire quoting and moving process. Since it specializes long-distance moves, you can feel confident your items will be safe and securely delivered on-time. All moves can be customized to meet your plans, so call today for your free quote!

Pros

• Customizable moves
    • Easy booking process
    • Full-service options

Cons

• Longer hold times on the phone
    • Some location restrictions

Bottom Line

Bold Moving and Storage does everything from packing and cleaning your former residence to storage or unpacking at your destination. They are available around the Washington, D.C., metro area and for long-distance hauls.

Top Bold Moving and Storage Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

...We moved on short notice and our needs for tight scheduling were met in a polite and professional manner by everyone from the owners through the front staff to... all of the pe...

Verified

This was our first time using movers and we could not be happier. They arrived on time and worked quickly ... Everything went smoothly and before we knew it, everything was at our...

Bold Moving and Storage services

Bold Moving and Storage specializes in long-distance moves for households and businesses. All moves can be customized to include as many or as few services as you’d like.

• Packing and unpacking: If you opt for packing services, Bold Moving and Storage provides necessary packing materials and professionally packs items for you. Unpacking services at delivery are available upon request.
    • Storage services: Once packed, Bold Moving and Storage can place your belongings in storage service. You can store your items for any length of time in a climate-controlled facility that includes 24-hour surveillance.
    • Cleaning services: With a full-service move, Bold Moving and Storage will clean your former residence to get it fresh and ready for the next tenant. You can choose between full and partial household cleaning.
    • Auto moving: Bold Moving and Storage can coordinate the relocation of any type or size of automobile anywhere in the country.

Bold Moving and Storage services are only available in Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Virginia, Washington, D.C. and West Virginia.

Bold Moving and Storage moving packages

Bold Moving and Storage offers three tiers of moving packages: Bold Standard, Bold Premium and Bold Luxury. Standard professional moving services include furniture disassembly, packing, transportation and delivery.

The Bold Premium package includes all the Standard benefits, plus custom crating and white-glove delivery service. The highest tier, Bold Luxury, includes all the Standard and Premium benefits, plus residential cleaning, complete unpacking and box removal. Total costs will vary based on a variety of factors, including location, distance and amount of household goods.

Bold StandardBold PremiumBold Luxury
    Standard packing services
    Up to 30 days free storage
    White-glove service
    Unpacking services
    Box removal
    Cleaning services

Bold Moving and Storage FAQ

How does Bold Moving and Storage work?
    1. Start planning your move: Begin the process by completing an inventory form. A Bold Moving and Storage customer service consultant will reach out to discuss your specific relocation needs and provide you with a free moving quote. To ensure you receive the most accurate quote, make sure you include all items on your inventory form along with any additional services you want. Note that a deposit is required to lock in your quoted pick-up dates.
    2. Packing and loading: The day before your reserved pick-up dates, the Bold Moving and Storage dispatch team will confirm a 2–3-hour window when the movers will arrive. Every move includes furniture disassembly, padding and wrapping of all items, and loading of belongings onto the truck. If you opt for professional packing services, Bold Moving and Storage provides all necessary packing materials and professionally packages your items for you. Once packed, the transportation and delivery process begins, unless your items are to be placed in storage.
    3. Payment and delivery: You must pay the remaining balance at drop-off. You can request any additional services, such as unpacking, when your inventory arrives at its final destination. Once payment is received, Bold Moving and Storage movers unload, unwrap and reassemble your furniture.
    Is Bold Moving and Storage available nationwide?

No. Bold Moving and Storage services pick-ups anywhere in D.C., Maryland, Delaware and Virginia, plus most of North Carolina, and can deliver anywhere on the East Coast. If you are moving across the country, Bold Moving and Storage is federally licensed to coordinate long-distance, interstate moving services for businesses and households.

Will Bold Moving and Storage move boxes that I pack myself?

Yes, Bold Moving and Storage will move boxes that you pack yourself as long as they are safe to transport, though self-packed boxes may not be insured. Bold Moving and Storage moving company offers flexible packing and unpacking services with no minimum or maximum packing requirement. Bold Moving and Storage movers can pack selected items or the entire inventory.

Can Bold Moving and Storage move on the weekends?

Bold Moving and Storage offers services seven days a week to accommodate your schedule. The day before your pick-up date, a Bold Moving and Storage dispatch team will confirm a 2–3-hour window in which professional movers will arrive.

Do we recommend Bold Moving and Storage?

Bold Moving and Storage eliminates the stress of a move by providing exactly what consumers need, whether they’re moving across the East Coast or across the country. Bold Moving and Storage specializes in customizable packages for individuals and corporations, long-distance moves and storage services. In the last year, about 93 percent of verified customers said they were happy with their experience and would recommend Bold Moving and Storage to a friend. The remaining said they were “satisfied with the experience.” Bold Moving and Storage company reviews frequently mention their polite and courteous professional moving crews.

Bold Moving and Storage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bold Moving and Storage?

Original review: May 21, 2021

I cannot say enough about Bold Movers and Storage! The company’s professionalism and genuine care and understanding towards their customers is not only unusual this day and age but comforting to us, the customer, going through this moving process. The moment I spoke to Josh, who supervised our moved, I felt sure I would not have anything to worry about. Our move from Miami to North Carolina was made unbelievably easy from packing to the care the movers took with our belongings was impressive. Not one piece was damaged! The movers were professional, pleasant, funny, and yes, truly felt like family. Josh even showed up to see how everything was going! Now that is service!!! Mr **, and your crew, you all are amazing! Our heartfelt thanks. If you are looking for a moving company, stop your search! Use Bold Moving And Storage. 5 - star rating is not enough! Thank you Bold & Storage. You are the BEST!

Aline,

Thank you for taking the time to post us a review! We truly appreciate your business and hope you are enjoying NC with your son. If you ever need to make a move again, you know who to call!

~The Owners @ BMS

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 16, 2021

I had to relocate a very large home from MD to Southwest FL in a very short time. I inquired with several companies and spoke with Josh. As a former military member and executive level sales and marketing manager myself, I liked his straightforward approach on our initial call. I personally like a straightforward, and honest approach to business. I have seen some less than 5 star ratings on other sites about this company. Most have to do with the direct approach you will get when on the phone. If you are looking for a best friend Bold may not be for the sensitive. The truth is, if you are looking for a no nonsense, hard working team of movers who will take care of your goods, then you truthfully don't need to look elsewhere. Don't waste your valuable time trying to save a dollar. If you have to move, and you want to ensure that your goods make it safely to your next destination. Just call Bold Moving and Storage.

I have already referred my own family, and they will be using Bold when they move in a few months. Big shout out to both moving crews as well. The team Bold had pack and load our stuff in MD did a great job, and the team in FL that unloaded and unpacked our goods where excellent. If you want your valuables moved and handled with care, and you respect a straightforward and honest company. Simply just call Bold Movers.

Rick,

Thank you for taking the time to post us such a positive experience! We hope you're settling in your new home in Florida! Have a good one, and take care.

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

Bold Moving is outstanding! They met every date they promised and they did everything that they committed to do for the exact price that was quoted. Additionally, everything was done with a smile and with tremendous care for our furniture and valuables. I would recommend them for all of these reasons and also because they provided packing, shipping, and assembly services for a very reasonable price. Lastly, I want to personally call out and thank the team that worked on our move. Thank you Ali, Abdul, Barry, Lenny, and Michael! You guys helped us to have the smoothest move ever with no drama, no damage, personal care, professionalism, timeliness, cleanliness, and supreme efficiency.

Phil,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a positive review for Bold and the team! I'll be sure to share this with Ali and the crew. We appreciate your business, and if you ever need to move again, BOLD is the move.

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

Good evening sir. I just want to recap my experience with your company. The 5 man crew that came to Florida for the pick up did an absolute awesome job. I couldn't ask for anything more. The two man crew that came to South Carolina, which were two of the guys that were in Florida is truly top notch. I was very happy to see those two pull up. What an incredible job they did. These guys are such an asset to your company and for it to be successful. Thank you again for everything.

David,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your positive experience with us! We appreciate you making a BOLD move, and if you ever need to move again; you know who to call! We will share this with the team!

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

We contacted multiple companies and received multiple quotes. Bold Moving and Storage offered the best value and assured us that our move would be done without issue. Moving day came and they called prior to let us know that they were about an hour away. They showed up, went over all the details of the move (2 storage units and a townhouse) and the contents. They were very professional, careful and pleasant. They inventoried all our items, wrapped everything in blankets and plastic wrap and loaded carefully. We were moving from VA to FL, they arranged for delivery, again followed up with phone calls and text messages on their ETA and worked flawlessly to offload our items into the house and garage.

I cannot say enough about how professional their team was in both the pickup (Ian and crew) and delivery (Ace & Terry). We were very apprehensive about the whole move as neither my wife nor myself had ever hired movers before but this experience has been nothing short of phenomenal. Thank you Bold Moving and Storage for making moving a pleasure and not a pain! A great experience for sure!

Barry,

Thank you so much for the awesome feedback! Please pass on the good word to everyone you know relocating!!! We wish you nothing but the best, if you ever need help moving again; you know who to call!

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I was very impressed with your company. Never before have I used a moving company but I'm so glad I did. Every person was very professional, my things were packed and protected and I didn't have to wait long for my furniture to arrive from Florida to Vermont.

Debra,

Thank you so much for the kind review! We hope you're settling in your new home!

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: May 15, 2021

We were extremely satisfied with how Bold Moving and Storage handled our move from Richmond, VA to Lakewood Ranch, Florida. Everything was wrapped and carefully loaded on the truck. When the truck was unloaded, the workers placed boxes in appropriate rooms and put together the bed that we moved. They had a system for packing and unpacking the truck that best utilized the workers' time. I felt like the company had experienced staff. We will use this company again when the need arises.

Robert,

Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to write us a review! We appreciate your business, thanks again for making a BOLD move.

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: May 12, 2021

The recent move that was undertaken by BMS from Ocala FL to NC could not have gone better. From McNeil and his crew in FL to Ibi and Mike in NC, everything was courteous and professional. The crews were on time, respectful, and attended to all our needs without question. It is not very often that a service company exceeds expectations but BMS did just that. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone who is in need of moving services.

Thomas,

You are the man! Thank you so much for the awesome review! I'll be sure to share this with the guys! Thanks again for making a BOLD move!

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: April 16, 2021

White glove service. Five star. Highly recommend using bold movers. On time to the minute on both ends. Very professional and courteous. Took great care of my move. Reassembled everything on other end. Staff was very good and easy to work with will use them in the future. For and Additional moving needs if I have other moves in my future. Will be recommending to family and friends going forward.

Ernie,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience! We're happy you're settling in, and if you ever need movers again just give us a call! Thanks again for making a BOLD move!

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: March 2, 2021

We have had eight moves and this one was the best. Our furniture was picked up and delivered on time and there was no damage. Both crews were fast, courteous, and professional. They cleaned up the rooms so there was no trash or packing materials for us to pickup.

Gerald,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a positive review! We appreciate your business, thanks again for making a BOLD move!

Bold Moving and Storage Company Information