2. Movers
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.96/5

Moving Nation believes in a straightforward and simple approach to cross country relocation. The company understands no two household moves are the same and designs moving solutions that are based on the services you select. Options include full-service packing, fragile-only packing, assistance with self-packing and storage options. You're assigned a moving coordinator to walk you through every step of your move, and you'll have added peace of mind knowing your shipment is trackable.

BOTTOM LINE

Moving Nation is an excellent option for cross-country and other long-distance moves. The company doesn’t handle local moves, but reviews mention fair pricing and quick, efficient crews.

PROS

• Moving tracker
  • Several packing options
  • Dedicated moving coordinator

CONS

• No local moves

Top Moving Nation Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving Nation?

While the other companies were vague and even evasive about how they calculated the final cost, the sales manager for Moving Nation was open and told us all we wanted to know. ... I think their competitors can learn a lot from them.

Moving Nation Call Now Toll Free (916) 836-1166 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

About Moving Nation

Moving Nation specializes in long-distance and cross-country moves. The company also has experience with commercial and corporate relocations. Customers can choose from several packing and storage options, and each customer receives a dedicated moving coordinator for the duration of their move. Moving Nation’s movers undergo in-house certification to ensure all customers receive high-quality service. Move tracking is available so you can stay up-to-date on the status and location of your belongings.

Services may not be available in Alaska, Hawaii, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming.

Moving Nation cost

Long-distance or cross-country moves with Moving Nation typically cost between $2,000 and $8,000. Moving the possessions in a one-bedroom apartment from Seattle to Miami usually runs around $4,500, but transporting belongings that fit in a larger house costs more. Some factors that affect the price are:

• The time of year of the move
  • The total weight of belongings
  • The distance traveled
  • How far in advance you book

Moving Nation moving services

Moving Nation's primary services are long-distance residential and corporate moves, but the company offers additional services to help make your move as stress-free as possible.

• Long-distance moves are typically more than 400 miles and cross state lines. Moving Nation has experience with long-distance moves in the lower 48 states.
  • Cross-country moves are moves from one coast to another. Expect a cost of at least $3,000.
  • Corporate and commercial relocations involve moving your business, including furniture and equipment.
  • Short-term storage is often required if your moving dates don't line up correctly. Your items are kept secure until you can move them into your new home.
  • Long-term storage, usually defined as more than 30 days, is available. Different pricing might apply.
  • Full packing is when Moving Nation packs and unpacks everything for you. This service includes disassembling and reassembling furniture and installing appliances.
  • Fragile-only packing is offered for when you need assistance packing a few delicate items.
  • Help with self-packing is when Moving Nation gives you information about packing but allows you to pack yourself. However, Moving Nation can still help you load and unload.

Moving Nation FAQ

How much does a Moving Nation long-distance move cost?
A long-distance move with Moving Nation costs anywhere from $2,000 to $8,000. You can save money by booking in advance and moving during nonpeak times. Summer is the most expensive time to move.
Is Moving Nation licensed and certified?
Yes. Moving Nation is registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and licensed to perform long-distance moves.
What packing services does Moving Nation offer?
You can opt for full packing, fragile-only packing or self-packing with Moving Nation.

Do we recommend Moving Nation?

We recommend Moving Nation for long-distance moves and commercial or corporate relocations. We like its variety of packing services and the fact that each customer gets a dedicated moving coordinator for their relocation. Moving Nation reviews are positive and mention the company's professionalism, in-depth knowledge and upfront pricing. For these reasons, we think Moving Nation is a good pick.

Moving Nation Reviews

Original review: July 14, 2020

I would personally like to leave 5 star best review for Moving Nation and everything they did for my Mother Liz in her move to Georgia, with a special mention to Tina ** and the moving driver and trucker Mr. **. Miss Tina ** coordinated all actions of my Mother's move and kept us informed every step of the way. After losing my stepfather Charlie April 8th, it gave my family great comfort to know Moving Nation had our back!!! Mr. ** upon arrival carefully moved all of my Mom's belongings and unpacked and set them up in a very respectful and professional manner. His dedication and caring attitude really meant a lot to us all like he was one of our family!!! Thank you Moving Nation, Tina ** and Sergei for getting my Mother to us in Georgia safely and flawlessly!!! Will do business again!!! Always Mark ** USAF Retired

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: May 19, 2020

Based on my experience with Moving Nation, I would not hesitate to recommend them. What you want from a mover is an efficient job at a reasonable price and a sense that you have real people communicating with you along the way. Pre-move: proactive, informative, thorough communication without any pressure. Moving process: went exactly as described. Movers showed up in a timely manner. Efficient, friendly, professional.

One glitch was that their truck broke down en route to the destination which delayed their arrival until first thing the next morning. But I was texted immediately to alert me to the problem. Upon arrival they were very careful with moving the truck onto our property and, in fact, parking about 100 feet from the storage pod where the furniture was to be unloaded. This required them to hand haul the furniture that distance. The pod was stacked efficiently. I am only half unloaded so I can't comment on the condition of my belongings but so far so good. Follow up: emails and phone calls to make sure I was satisfied with the process. I am. Conclusion: I would highly recommend Moving Nation.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

Moving Nation has turned out to be one of the most reliable companies I have ever hired for any purpose, ever. They are very clear with their pricing policy and that transparent attitude is sorely missing with almost all the other movers I have used. The company also abides by its timetable just as reliably so you know you won’t be surprised with a massive overbill at the end of it all. It is their staff, though that makes it all come together so well. My move to a 3-bedroom in Tennessee could not have gone so well with all their help.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

There are quite a number of scammers in the moving industry but Moving Nation definitely is not one of them. I first did not want to consider them when moving my 2 bedroom house to South Dakota because they were slightly more expensive than what I wanted to spend. But after reading a lot of the reviews and asking around, we thought to give them a chance. I think we dodged a bullet by choosing this company because the reviews showed that the cheaper companies usually charge a whole lot extra after the move and end up being a whole lot more expensive.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

There is no doubt in my mind that Moving Nation is the best possible company to use if you need professional movers. I was desperate to move to Dayton for a job I had been offered and even though I only need a 2-bedroom home, I have a lot of stuff. It was impossible to handle on my own and I was recommended Moving Nation by a colleague. Their advice was spot on – these guys are quick and efficient and affordable, too. I am enjoying my new job in my new city and a lot of the credit goes to the movers! Haha.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

We contacted Moving Nation and talked to Eric ** and he assured us we were in good hands. We answered all of his questions and he told us our cubic feet amount, when the movers got there that's when it all fell apart. The movers told us we were 300 cubic feet short and needed to pay them an extra 3700.00 and then they tried to upcharge us for blankets and tape which were in the contract.

Then they told us we were going to receive our furniture within the 17 business days from pick up. That was a lie as well, that date came and went and then they changed their story and said it was from 17 business days from the delivery date. That date has come and gone and still no one in customer service has called us back. I have filed a formal complaint with the BBB and that didnt faze them at all. We are going on 8 weeks without our furniture and no end date in sight on when we will be receiving it. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY AND RUN FROM THEM!!!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

I placed a $1032 deposit on my credit card on June 16th with the understanding that it's fully refundable if I cancel up to a week before my July 28th move date. They tried to switch the price up on me the day I booked which should have been my warning. My contact guy stopped responding. Couldn't get a human on the main number until I hit sales dept. Then they argued with me and tried to trash talk the company I went with. They cut you off when you're talking, are condescending and they lie. They said my guy left the company and they checked his emails and said there was nothing from me. They also claimed some other guy's email to contact was on my paperwork and it's not.

They finally asked me to email a certain email address to cancel and I would receive my refund in 14 days. I did that on July 8. I threatened them with a BBB complaint on the 14 day mark and the next day got a picture of a check. I responded and said I can't deposit it like that, it needs to be mailed but most importantly I paid with my credit card and want it refunded how I paid. Haven't heard from them since. I doubt they intend to email that check when they haven't asked for an address. It's now August 21st. I have disputed the charge with my credit card company and filed a complaint with the BBB. Now just waiting. Do not use this company. No one should be recommending them.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

The movers arrived on time and prepared our belongings carefully for the move. When the truck arrived at the storage facility, we were notified and watched as the items were removed from the truck and taken inside. Again, the movers were careful and managed to get everything inside the space we had rented.

Original review: July 27, 2020

My first move was in April. Moving Nation was the best experience I have ever had in moving. The sales teams really took the time to understand my move. As the move approached I was contacted by Finance, and the Quality team. Everyone was very professional and polite. I was so happy with the move, I did a second one and requested the same team. They were on time for pickup and delivery, they were masked and gloved up without even asking. I highly recommend and will use them again!!

Original review: July 16, 2020

We did a long distance move from West Coast to the East Coast. The interaction you have with this company will start off good. But it will quickly decline from the initial low estimate they give you to sign up with them. Not only did we have problems with overcharges, but a huge delivery delay, new day-of-move charges, charges for tape (that is supposed to be included) and emotional abuse from a manager (Nadine) and a representative (Lisa). They don't answer the phone, they took 3 weeks to get us a manager and I have 17 emails with a manager who didn't try to deescalate the situation at all, or help. We were not allowed to read the contract we signed the day of our move, and were threatened that our items would be left behind (literally in the street at that point) if we didn't agree to a higher charge and sign the contract without reading.

We have contacted BBB and DOT. Hopefully someone holds this company accountable. We have damaged good and missing boxes. Instead of trying to find the boxes and furniture that is missing, Manager Nadine emailed us the claim form and told us we have 9 months to fill it out. Not one mention of trying to locate the missing items. When we asked to speak with someone higher than Manager Nadine, she said the only person higher is the owner, and refused to give their information. I'll end with this: the next to last phone call we had with Lisa (who also works in the customer service department, as well as disputes, they all seem to hold many hats), she screamed at the top of her lungs and told me, "we never lose!" Is that the type of company you want to trust with your most precious things?

Original review: July 14, 2020

When my goods were delivered only one man showed up to unload them. I was in awe that he could do everything by himself. He was courteous and polite and worked quickly and efficiently. I would highly recommend this company.

Original review: July 9, 2020

I was overall happy with the moving services provided. Both on the pickup and delivery. The driver who delivered my items in Arizona was very friendly and funny (can’t remember his name). I would definitely recommend this company to friends if they are in need of moving services.

Original review: June 27, 2020

I had high hopes that Moving Nation would give me a professional and seamless moving experience, unfortunately, that is not what I got. If I could give this experience a zero I would. At the end, I decided to fire the company and cancel my move with them. Read Below for Details: I was sold a job that would be direct and efficient. What I got was NOT AT ALL what I was sold. My movers showed up 2.5-hours late to their pick-up window. They were supposed to arrive between 2-4pm and instead showed up at 6:30pm. Earlier in the afternoon, I had tried to contact the company and was told by customer service that: "We cannot reach your movers, they seem to be having poor cell phone connection." I am in Pittsburgh, there may be some spotty service but overall, they should have been able to get in touch with them. It was not until 5pm (an hour after the pick-up window) that I received an update on timing.

Instead of a truck that was going directly to my destination, as I was sold, I got a small truck that was headed to a warehouse where my belongings would be transferred to another truck—again, NOT what I was sold. Lastly, these are strange times with COVID-19, but I would expect every company to be diligent and adhere to mask wearing and social distancing (as much as possible with moving) to protect their own employees and clients. I had to ASK my movers to put on a mask (I was already wearing one). It slipped off their noses and they never attempted to put it back on properly. They did not wash their hands or use hand sanitizer and had just come from another job.

After looking over the paperwork together and realizing that they would NOT be the same team that would unload at my destination (again, not what I was sold), I cancelled the job. The customer service tried to blame me asking me why they would send a larger truck to my smaller move...I don't know, I'm not a professional mover but these conversations should have occurred long before the movers showed up. They told me I would not get any refund, but I am demanding at least a partial if not full refund on my deposit.

Original review: June 15, 2020

Beware! Super friendly, open, detailed on intake, seemed reputable and transparent. But was a total bait & switch. Once they have you over a barrel, upcharges everywhere. 1BR move 300 miles went from $3600 to over $9000!!! Absurd. Then even more upcharges on delivery. Disgusting. Totally unethical and unprofessional.

Original review: June 4, 2020

Hello dear reader, I pray listen well – and bear ye witness to my tale of woe; of movers whose help was a living hell, and for whom there is no rating too low. My ask was simply to just use one truck, and to this one request they did agree. But once cash changed hands, I was out of luck; instead of one truck, they would now use three. I wish this lie would also be the last, But beyond lying, they also weren’t fast. I called to complain, three trucks would not do. “Too bad,” they said, “you signed and you agreed.” What their salesman said mattered not, I knew, Phone conversations leave nothing to read. Lo, they did say they recorded all calls! So I bid them play our conversation, And hoped they did not have me by the balls. But, alas, I found more consternation. The files, it seemed, were all there - except one. “It’s unplayable,” claimed Moving Nation.

Three hours we spent, arguing on the phone; But customer service refused our pleas. “We’ve got you now,” said the rep’s icy tone, “You’ve no choice but to pay our surprise fees.” At this point despair started to begin. With less than seven days until the move, Our contract made it clear - we were locked in. We told ourselves things can only improve. Unfortunately, this was just the start. There’s worse yet to come, but that’s the next part. At least the movers came on the right date, Though they did give a two hour time line, And arrived forty and five minutes late. They packed our things, and again made us sign. We should have known, by this point in the tale, To expect trickery to be in play, They used fine print to change the terms of sale, And increased costs which we then had to pay. “The worst’s done,” we thought, but we were naive. Now they had our stuff. There’d be no reprieve.

Moved into our new place, yet without stuff. We called about our delivery date. As you expect, the news we got was rough. Our things may come up to thirty days late! Ten days, contract said - thirty's too delayed! But no, the fine print snuck something in deep. Their receipt stated, beyond that we paid, “ONE MONTH ‘fore we’d have our bed back to sleep.” Cared not what they said during their sales pitch. It’s just their M.O. to bait and then switch. Disney was planned, but they cared not for me. Asked if they expected us to postpone, They said, “Hope not,” but gave no guarantee. They told me that one reaps what they have sewn. A month passed us, without our clothes or bed. Phone calls showed they did not know when they’d come. By now our hope for good service was dead. Completely at their mercy, we were glum.

Fearing that they might want to punish us, We grew meek, and did not put up a fuss. Finally, our delivery day came. It arrived over three hours late, mind you -

but of course they did not accept the blame. At least no shuttle was needed; that’s true. Our fragile boxes all came rather squished. Our bed and chairs were, of course, broken too. They told us to report it if we wished. WE would report it, to them and to you. So noble reader, we draw near the end, But don’t leave ‘fore I tell you of my friend.

This tale does not end with me and my things, It’s not just me that was duped by these crooks. They lost my wife’s crafting box and some strings, And gave us someone else’s photo books. Some wedding pictures, and a child’s first steps, All of this left with us without a thought. We found names and called the company reps, We knew the owners must be quite distraught. Moving Nation did nothing; one more fail. We found the owners, and sent it by mail.

And so it ends, this moving tale of woe, With every moving fear all come true, My things broken and lost; my spirits low, Few recourse options, but I could review! Please heed my warning, whoever you are, Do not listen to their saccharin lies For the worst; Moving Nation sets the bar. It was so bad, I hope their business dies. I have nothing more to say or to tell. Moving Nation, your business ethics smell!

Original review: May 22, 2020

Moved us from Reno to Denver during Covid-19 lockdown. They showed up on time and did a great job of packing us and shipping. They arrived 3 days after they left and unloaded everything in 5 hours to the rooms we designated. They all worked very hard and efficiently.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I used this company to help me move furniture for my business from PA to NJ. The team was excellent and hard working. It was a lot of work and they did it in stride. They spent the whole day as it was a lot of work and never complained or cut corners. I was very impressed. I will use this company for all my personal and professional needs!

Original review: May 14, 2020

Wow the crew was amazing. They were focused, organized and neat! We were very satisfied, they took the time to make sure our boxes were put in the area we needed them! Also, my sister is an artist and had a lot of framed artwork. ALL was delivered with no damage!!

Original review: May 12, 2020

Move from NJ to NC. A smooth move all around! From Lisa **'s booking the move, to the moving team's speed, accuracy and great attitude, it was terrific. Also note that the move was at the start of the pandemic and they sailed through like rockstars!!!! Would highly recommend.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

We actually chose Moving Nation out of pure coincidence but it turned out to be a really lucky one! My wife and I were actually looking for another company with a similar name and accidentally called their office. But after we spoke to them and heard their rates, it seemed like a better deal. We looked them up online and the slew of great reviews convinced us to give them a try. As a summary, I can say that Moving Nation is affordable, reliable and accurate with their estimates.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

They managed to do it according to the schedule they given me in advance, they did not break or lose anything in the loading or unloading and they stuck to the price they quoted me when I first spoke to them. In my experience, none of these are what you can always expect from other "professional" movers. In fact, they have managed to change the poor impression I have of this industry over the past few years.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

Moving Nation sent us a good team of movers that did a fantastic job. We paid for the full service of packing, loading, unloading and unpacking so there was a lot of work involved. Fortunately for us, the team was experienced with big moves (4 bedroom house) and each person knew their role inside out. We just sat back and watched our entire old house get packed neatly into a large truck and then sat back again and watched the whole thing come out at our new place. So easy and so convenient.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

We decided to use Moving Nation for our move pretty much on the same day we first spoke to them to get a quote. While the other companies were vague and even evasive about how they calculated the final cost, the sales manager for Moving Nation was open and told us all we wanted to know. Basically, they are a high-quality premium service and will work well for anyone who prefers good service to just the cheapest deal. I think their competitors can learn a lot from them.

Moving Nation Company Information