2. Movers
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 5.00/5

Moving Nation believes in a straightforward and simple approach to cross country relocation. The company understands no two household moves are the same and designs moving solutions that are based on the services you select. Options include full-service packing, fragile-only packing, assistance with self-packing and storage options. You're assigned a moving coordinator to walk you through every step of your move, and you'll have added peace of mind knowing your shipment is trackable.

BOTTOM LINE

Moving Nation is an excellent option for cross-country and other long-distance moves. The company doesn’t handle local moves, but reviews mention fair pricing and quick, efficient crews.

PROS

• Moving tracker
  • Several packing options
  • Dedicated moving coordinator

CONS

• No local moves

Top Moving Nation Reviews

While the other companies were vague and even evasive about how they calculated the final cost, the sales manager for Moving Nation was open and told us all we wanted to know. ... I think their competitors can learn a lot from them.

About Moving Nation

Moving Nation specializes in long-distance and cross-country moves. The company also has experience with commercial and corporate relocations. Customers can choose from several packing and storage options, and each customer receives a dedicated moving coordinator for the duration of their move. Moving Nation’s movers undergo in-house certification to ensure all customers receive high-quality service. Move tracking is available so you can stay up-to-date on the status and location of your belongings.

Services may not be available in Alaska, Hawaii, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming.

Moving Nation cost

Long-distance or cross-country moves with Moving Nation typically cost between $2,000 and $8,000. Moving the possessions in a one-bedroom apartment from Seattle to Miami usually runs around $4,500, but transporting belongings that fit in a larger house costs more. Some factors that affect the price are:

• The time of year of the move
  • The total weight of belongings
  • The distance traveled
  • How far in advance you book

Moving Nation moving services

Moving Nation's primary services are long-distance residential and corporate moves, but the company offers additional services to help make your move as stress-free as possible.

• Long-distance moves are typically more than 400 miles and cross state lines. Moving Nation has experience with long-distance moves in the lower 48 states.
  • Cross-country moves are moves from one coast to another. Expect a cost of at least $3,000.
  • Corporate and commercial relocations involve moving your business, including furniture and equipment.
  • Short-term storage is often required if your moving dates don't line up correctly. Your items are kept secure until you can move them into your new home.
  • Long-term storage, usually defined as more than 30 days, is available. Different pricing might apply.
  • Full packing is when Moving Nation packs and unpacks everything for you. This service includes disassembling and reassembling furniture and installing appliances.
  • Fragile-only packing is offered for when you need assistance packing a few delicate items.
  • Help with self-packing is when Moving Nation gives you information about packing but allows you to pack yourself. However, Moving Nation can still help you load and unload.

Moving Nation FAQ

How much does a Moving Nation long-distance move cost?
A long-distance move with Moving Nation costs anywhere from $2,000 to $8,000. You can save money by booking in advance and moving during nonpeak times. Summer is the most expensive time to move.
Is Moving Nation licensed and certified?
Yes. Moving Nation is registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and licensed to perform long-distance moves.
What packing services does Moving Nation offer?
You can opt for full packing, fragile-only packing or self-packing with Moving Nation.

Do we recommend Moving Nation?

We recommend Moving Nation for long-distance moves and commercial or corporate relocations. We like its variety of packing services and the fact that each customer gets a dedicated moving coordinator for their relocation. Moving Nation reviews are positive and mention the company's professionalism, in-depth knowledge and upfront pricing. For these reasons, we think Moving Nation is a good pick.

Moving Nation Reviews

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

We actually chose Moving Nation out of pure coincidence but it turned out to be a really lucky one! My wife and I were actually looking for another company with a similar name and accidentally called their office. But after we spoke to them and heard their rates, it seemed like a better deal. We looked them up online and the slew of great reviews convinced us to give them a try. As a summary, I can say that Moving Nation is affordable, reliable and accurate with their estimates.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

Moving Nation sent us a good team of movers that did a fantastic job. We paid for the full service of packing, loading, unloading and unpacking so there was a lot of work involved. Fortunately for us, the team was experienced with big moves (4 bedroom house) and each person knew their role inside out. We just sat back and watched our entire old house get packed neatly into a large truck and then sat back again and watched the whole thing come out at our new place. So easy and so convenient.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

There are quite a number of scammers in the moving industry but Moving Nation definitely is not one of them. I first did not want to consider them when moving my 2 bedroom house to South Dakota because they were slightly more expensive than what I wanted to spend. But after reading a lot of the reviews and asking around, we thought to give them a chance. I think we dodged a bullet by choosing this company because the reviews showed that the cheaper companies usually charge a whole lot extra after the move and end up being a whole lot more expensive.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

There is no doubt in my mind that Moving Nation is the best possible company to use if you need professional movers. I was desperate to move to Dayton for a job I had been offered and even though I only need a 2-bedroom home, I have a lot of stuff. It was impossible to handle on my own and I was recommended Moving Nation by a colleague. Their advice was spot on – these guys are quick and efficient and affordable, too. I am enjoying my new job in my new city and a lot of the credit goes to the movers! Haha.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

We decided to use Moving Nation for our move pretty much on the same day we first spoke to them to get a quote. While the other companies were vague and even evasive about how they calculated the final cost, the sales manager for Moving Nation was open and told us all we wanted to know. Basically, they are a high-quality premium service and will work well for anyone who prefers good service to just the cheapest deal. I think their competitors can learn a lot from them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving Nation?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

They managed to do it according to the schedule they given me in advance, they did not break or lose anything in the loading or unloading and they stuck to the price they quoted me when I first spoke to them. In my experience, none of these are what you can always expect from other "professional" movers. In fact, they have managed to change the poor impression I have of this industry over the past few years.

Moving Nation Company Information