Get a Quote

2. Movers

4.2/5 (117 ratings)

About United Nation Van Lines

United Nation Van Lines is the parent company of Moving Nation. It specializes in long-distance and cross-country moves and has experience with residential, commercial and corporate relocations. The company has a fleet of 15 trucks registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). United Nation Van Lines has provided services for over 12,500 moves in the U.S.

Pros

• Moving tracker app
    • Multiple packing options
    • Dedicated moving coordinator

Cons

• No local moves
    • Some scheduling complaints

Bottom Line

United Nation Van Lines can be an excellent option for cross-country and other long-distance moves. The company doesn’t handle local moves, but positive reviews mention fair pricing and quick, efficient crews.

Top United Nation Van Lines Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I remembered United Nation Van Lines from having used them a few years ago and decided to hire them again based on the good job last time. They have maintained their high standard...

Verified

We had the perfect moving experience, thanks to the great team at United Nation Van Lines. They were punctual and hardworking, as well as very polite to us. We chose them for the ...

About United Nation Van Lines

United Nation Van Lines' movers undergo in-house certification to ensure all customers receive high-quality service. Move tracking is available so you can stay up to date on the status and location of your belongings.

Customers can choose from several packing and storage options, and each customer receives a dedicated moving coordinator for the duration of their move. Optional services include full-service packing, fragile-only packing and storage options. United Nation Van Lines offers packing materials including standard and specialty cartons.

United Nation Van Lines moving services

United Nation Van Lines' primary services are long-distance residential and corporate moves, but the company offers additional services to help make your move as stress-free as possible.

• Long-distance moves are typically more than 400 miles and cross state lines. United Nation Van Lines has experience with long-distance moves in the lower 48 states.
    • Cross-country moves are moves from one coast to another. Expect a cost of at least $3,000.
    • Corporate and commercial relocations involve moving a business, including furniture and equipment.
    • Short-term storage is often required if your moving dates don't line up correctly. Your items are kept secure until you can move them into your new home.
    • Long-term storage, usually defined as more than 30 days, is available. Different pricing may apply.
    • Full packing is when United Nation Van Lines packs and unpacks everything for you. This service includes disassembling and reassembling furniture and installing appliances.
    • Fragile-only packing is for when you need assistance packing a few delicate items.
    • Help with self-packing is when United Nation Van Lines gives you information about packing but you do the packing yourself. United Nation Van Lines can still help you load and unload.

United Nation Van Lines cost

A long-distance move with United Nation Van Lines costs anywhere from $2,000 to $8,000. For example, moving possessions in a one-bedroom apartment from Seattle to Miami usually runs around $4,500.

You can save money by booking in advance and moving during nonpeak times. Summer generally is the most expensive time to move. In addition to time of year, factors that affect the price of a move include the total weight of your belongings, the moving distance, the level of service you require and the type of insurance you have.

United Nation Van Lines FAQ

Is United Nation Van Lines licensed and certified?
    Yes, United Nation Van Lines is registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration as a carrier. It has both an MC Docket number and a USDOT number.
    What packing services does United Nation Van Lines offer?
    You can choose from full-service packing, fragile-only packing or self-packing with United Nation Van Lines.
    Does United Nation Van Lines provide international relocation services?
    No, United Nation Van Lines does not currently provide international relocation services.
    Where is United Nation Van Lines headquartered?
    United Nation Van Lines has offices in Sacramento, California, and Westerville, Ohio.

Do we recommend United Nation Van Lines?

United Nation Van Lines could be a good option for long-distance moves and corporate relocations. We like its variety of packing services and the fact that each customer gets a dedicated moving coordinator for their relocation. Positive reviews frequently mention the company's professionalism, in-depth knowledge and upfront pricing. For these reasons, we think United Nation Van Lines is a good pick.

United Nation Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Nation Van Lines?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

One of the best movers that I have ever had the pleasure of hiring. We were moving our workshop and garage from Richmond, VA to a newer and bigger site in Panama City, FL. I had used them before to move my daughter into her dorm room at college and remembered their great job from then. Of course, this was a much bigger and more complicated job so I really went through the details with their team. The movers were really good – they knew exactly what kind of rigging and support my equipment needed to be transported safely and securely. It was no surprise that the move went off without a hitch. We are all set up in Florida and ready to go!

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

I hired United Nation Van Lines on behalf of my company as we were moving offices to Rockville, MD from Columbus, OH because of the tax debacle. It was a pretty massive job. The offices were spread across three floors and included furniture, computer equipment and even some fittings that had to be transported. I was in charge of the process on the day and explained to the 12-man crew what was moving and what wasn’t. They were an intelligent bunch and needed very little guidance after that. The three huge trucks were more than enough to transport everything safely and soundly. We now have a functioning office in Maryland, all set up within 2 weeks of the move. Excellent stuff from United Nation Van Lines.

Original review: March 18, 2021

We are very happy with the deal that United Nation Van Lines gave us and the amazing service that came with it. Their price undercut the previous cost that we had to pay a similar professional moving company to move us to Arizona last year. Considering that moving rates increase year on year, I don’t know how United Nation Van Lines does it but they do a mighty fine job of balancing cost and quality.

This is actually our first time hiring this fine company. However, it feels like we have known the team for ages. There was always a genuine edge to their conversations with us. You can tell that they care about doing right by the customer and not just treating everybody as a number to earn money. That is true for the sales team in their head office as well as the moving men.

The practical side of their work is just beyond compare. The team of movers cleared out our 2-bedroom apartment like it was nothing, even with all the large appliances like refrigerators, washing machine and drier. I think a large part of that is their brand spanking new equipment - all the dollies were shiny and clean, and that probably made moving things a whole lot easier. The one thing I am not so sure about is how they managed to charge us such a low price. I am happy they did but I am just wondering if I missed something? Regardless, I would hire them at this price again.

Original review: March 10, 2021

The movers from United Nation Van Lines were good. They showed up when they said they would. They even showed up in Montana in a winter advisory. There were tons and tons of snow, and they were on time. They were pretty open to times. They delivered on Super Bowl Sunday in a snowstorm. They got my stuff to me. Also, my house isn’t built yet here in Montana. So, they had really wrapped up my stuff very well in blankets, they put plastic wrap over that, and then taped all that up. I had wanted to have it left that way. Normally, they would put it in your house, unwrap it and put everything together. There was an additional cost for the packing blankets, but it was super cheap and it was very worth the convenience. They’re 100 bucks. It was 25 packing blankets. So, that was really cool. That helped me out a lot.

United Nation Van Lines response

Dear Michael,

We appreciate your feedback and we are happy that we could provide you with quality moving service.

Fill free to reach us when you in need of moving again.

Sincerely,

United Nation Van Lines.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

They showed up very promptly. They helped us figure out things that we didn't quite know if we were going to take or not. They were able to help us with most of the things that we had boxed and packed, and a few things that we didn't do. They moved it from inside the house to the truck to a storage facility. The coordinators that reached out to us were great. The gentleman that we worked with was Vic, and he was awesome. He found hard working people in Colorado and in Arizona, to help get our stuff out of the truck and into storage. The only concern that I have is that I know that there was a couple of pictures I could hear a crackling glass, but I couldn't tell what it was. Because until we moved our stuff out of storage to our house, we're not going to know the extent of the damage.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

We have hired United Nation Van Lines several times now to transport our employees and their families between cities in the U.S., depending on where they are posted. This was simply the latest but we have several moves ongoing with them. We settled on United Nation Van Lines because they have always been the most competent option. They are reasonably priced and deliver as they promise. All the employees that they have moved only have positive feedback about them. We will sign a formal contract with them soon, too. 5 stars.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

A really great 5 star experience! The moving team from United Nation Van Lines is absolutely the best! They were so friendly and so nice. It made the move less stressful and almost fun! What was really surprising to me was how they managed to pack up my entire 4 bedroom house in Jackson, MS within a few hours and set off for Waynesboro, VA the so soon! The fast speed did not come in the way of their care – none of our things were delivered scratched or broken. The entire experience was a very positive one. I would hire this company again, guaranteed!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

Everything was handled as it should have been and we received everything in exactly the same condition it was in when it left our old place. United Nation Van Lines was responsive for making the move as flawless and smooth as it could have been. I am very grateful to the people who made it happen. That includes the moving crew and the admin staff from the United Nation Van Lines headquarters. The communication chain with these guys is amazing. I am very happy to have chosen this company for this move and will gladly hire them again if I have to move in the future.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

I have used United Nation Van Lines for the third time now (moving to Bal Harbour, FL from Nashville, TN, and back and forth the two previous times). The experience has always been a positive one and it’s because this is a company that knows what it is doing. They know how to speak to customers, stick to the timelines that they give, stick to their price quote, and then follow it up with a great job on the day of the move. Each aspect was covered flawlessly. I would love to hire them again. I was moving from TN to FL, 3-bedroom house in both places.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

I have moved perhaps two dozen times in my life, across state lines and across international boundaries, and even across continents. United Nation Van Lines is the first one of all the companies that I have hired in all these years that was able to satisfy all my queries and concerns before, during and after the move. Their pricing system is crystal clear. You know what weight and volume is covered in the package you get. They tell what the charges are for exceeding either one. No nasty surprises when they are holding your entire home hostage. They also followed up with a survey a week after, asking if there had been any damage or complaints. Very professional and worth recommending.

United Nation Van Lines Company Information