4.4/5 (156 ratings)

About United Nation Van Lines

United Nation Van Lines is the parent company of Moving Nation. It specializes in long-distance and cross-country moves and has experience with residential, commercial and corporate relocations. The company has a fleet of 15 trucks registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). United Nation Van Lines has provided services for over 12,500 moves in the U.S.

Pros

• Moving tracker app
    • Multiple packing options
    • Dedicated moving coordinator

Cons

• No local moves
    • Some scheduling complaints

Bottom Line

United Nation Van Lines can be an excellent option for cross-country and other long-distance moves. The company doesn’t handle local moves, but positive reviews mention fair pricing and quick, efficient crews.

Top United Nation Van Lines Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I remembered United Nation Van Lines from having used them a few years ago and decided to hire them again based on the good job last time. They have maintained their high standard...

Verified

We had the perfect moving experience, thanks to the great team at United Nation Van Lines. They were punctual and hardworking, as well as very polite to us. We chose them for the ...

About United Nation Van Lines

United Nation Van Lines' movers undergo in-house certification to ensure all customers receive high-quality service. Move tracking is available so you can stay up to date on the status and location of your belongings.

Customers can choose from several packing and storage options, and each customer receives a dedicated moving coordinator for the duration of their move. Optional services include full-service packing, fragile-only packing and storage options. United Nation Van Lines offers packing materials including standard and specialty cartons.

United Nation Van Lines moving services

United Nation Van Lines' primary services are long-distance residential and corporate moves, but the company offers additional services to help make your move as stress-free as possible.

• Long-distance moves are typically more than 400 miles and cross state lines. United Nation Van Lines has experience with long-distance moves in the lower 48 states.
    • Cross-country moves are moves from one coast to another. Expect a cost of at least $3,000.
    • Corporate and commercial relocations involve moving a business, including furniture and equipment.
    • Short-term storage is often required if your moving dates don't line up correctly. Your items are kept secure until you can move them into your new home.
    • Long-term storage, usually defined as more than 30 days, is available. Different pricing may apply.
    • Full packing is when United Nation Van Lines packs and unpacks everything for you. This service includes disassembling and reassembling furniture and installing appliances.
    • Fragile-only packing is for when you need assistance packing a few delicate items.
    • Help with self-packing is when United Nation Van Lines gives you information about packing but you do the packing yourself. United Nation Van Lines can still help you load and unload.

United Nation Van Lines cost

A long-distance move with United Nation Van Lines costs anywhere from $2,000 to $8,000. For example, moving possessions in a one-bedroom apartment from Seattle to Miami usually runs around $4,500.

You can save money by booking in advance and moving during nonpeak times. Summer generally is the most expensive time to move. In addition to time of year, factors that affect the price of a move include the total weight of your belongings, the moving distance, the level of service you require and the type of insurance you have.

United Nation Van Lines FAQ

Is United Nation Van Lines licensed and certified?
    Yes, United Nation Van Lines is registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration as a carrier. It has both an MC Docket number and a USDOT number.
    What packing services does United Nation Van Lines offer?
    You can choose from full-service packing, fragile-only packing or self-packing with United Nation Van Lines.
    Does United Nation Van Lines provide international relocation services?
    No, United Nation Van Lines does not currently provide international relocation services.
    Where is United Nation Van Lines headquartered?
    United Nation Van Lines has offices in Sacramento, California, and Westerville, Ohio.

Do we recommend United Nation Van Lines?

United Nation Van Lines could be a good option for long-distance moves and corporate relocations. We like its variety of packing services and the fact that each customer gets a dedicated moving coordinator for their relocation. Positive reviews frequently mention the company's professionalism, in-depth knowledge and upfront pricing. For these reasons, we think United Nation Van Lines is a good pick.

United Nation Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Nation Van Lines?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

I love this company! We have hired them several times now and this move was to shift my office from Tennessee to White Plains, MD. (United Nation Van Lines had done our home move last month the same way) While there was much less stuff than my 5 bedroom house, a lot of it was bulky, fragile and expensive equipment, especially copiers, PCs and coffee makers, etc. I think United Nation Van Lines did a very good job of packing all those things to ensure they were safely protected when they were being moved. Delivery was done specifically on a weekend at my request because of the better traffic situation at the new office location. I am very happy they could accommodate us and I would gladly hire them again.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Here is a company that really knows how to engage with its customers and keep everyone apprised of the latest developments with their move. That was very important for us because we were moving from two separate locations in New Jersey to a single shared house in Georgia. We hired United Nation Van Lines to do the entire move because it was simpler having a single point of contact. United Nation Van Lines proved itself more than capable of the task, picking up all the individual boxes from the separate rooms from two different houses and then delivering to the exact right room in the new house in Georgia. It was all very professionally handled within no loss or damage. I would use this company again.

Original review: March 18, 2021

We are very happy with the deal that United Nation Van Lines gave us and the amazing service that came with it. Their price undercut the previous cost that we had to pay a similar professional moving company to move us to Arizona last year. Considering that moving rates increase year on year, I don’t know how United Nation Van Lines does it but they do a mighty fine job of balancing cost and quality.

This is actually our first time hiring this fine company. However, it feels like we have known the team for ages. There was always a genuine edge to their conversations with us. You can tell that they care about doing right by the customer and not just treating everybody as a number to earn money. That is true for the sales team in their head office as well as the moving men.

The practical side of their work is just beyond compare. The team of movers cleared out our 2-bedroom apartment like it was nothing, even with all the large appliances like refrigerators, washing machine and drier. I think a large part of that is their brand spanking new equipment - all the dollies were shiny and clean, and that probably made moving things a whole lot easier. The one thing I am not so sure about is how they managed to charge us such a low price. I am happy they did but I am just wondering if I missed something? Regardless, I would hire them at this price again.

Original review: March 10, 2021

The movers from United Nation Van Lines were good. They showed up when they said they would. They even showed up in Montana in a winter advisory. There were tons and tons of snow, and they were on time. They were pretty open to times. They delivered on Super Bowl Sunday in a snowstorm. They got my stuff to me. Also, my house isn’t built yet here in Montana. So, they had really wrapped up my stuff very well in blankets, they put plastic wrap over that, and then taped all that up. I had wanted to have it left that way. Normally, they would put it in your house, unwrap it and put everything together. There was an additional cost for the packing blankets, but it was super cheap and it was very worth the convenience. They’re 100 bucks. It was 25 packing blankets. So, that was really cool. That helped me out a lot.

United Nation Van Lines response

Dear Michael,

We appreciate your feedback and we are happy that we could provide you with quality moving service.

Fill free to reach us when you in need of moving again.

Sincerely,

United Nation Van Lines.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

They showed up very promptly. They helped us figure out things that we didn't quite know if we were going to take or not. They were able to help us with most of the things that we had boxed and packed, and a few things that we didn't do. They moved it from inside the house to the truck to a storage facility. The coordinators that reached out to us were great. The gentleman that we worked with was Vic, and he was awesome. He found hard working people in Colorado and in Arizona, to help get our stuff out of the truck and into storage. The only concern that I have is that I know that there was a couple of pictures I could hear a crackling glass, but I couldn't tell what it was. Because until we moved our stuff out of storage to our house, we're not going to know the extent of the damage.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

I hired United Nation Van Lines a few years ago and gave them a 5-star review and this move deserves the same excellent rating. I loved the fact that their prices have not changed as significantly as I has expected, which let them stay within my price bracket despite the crazy situation all around us. Despite their affordable price tag, the company is still committed to giving its clients the best possible combination of speed and quality as some of the brand name movers. I don’t know how they manage to suppress their prices but all I can say is that I am happy to give them my business again and again if they maintain such high standards. 5 stars from us.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

My movers were on time and they got the work done in a hurry but without breaking anything. They were also courteous to all of us which may not matter to everyone but it sure makes a huge difference to me. Another thing I noted was that they make sure to ask you how and where you want something fragile or expensive-looking moved instead of just assuming they know best. That gives me some inner peace knowing my things are being cared for by the people who are lifting and moving them. Altogether a very good move characterized by hard work and smart movers. I am confident that I will hire them again.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

A huge THANK YOU from our family to everyone at United Nation Van Lines who helped us make our recent move so successful and stress-free. We were moving from Missouri to Texas after spending almost a decade there. As you can imagine, that means a heck of a lot of boxes for a family of 5! It was no big deal for the pros at United Nation Van Lines. The movers came, saw and loaded. Their crew was fast, polite and very capable at their job. We are very happy how they completed the job on time. I recommend this company simply because I would hire them again myself based on how well they did this time.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

United Nation Van Lines was very helpful when they stepped in to complete a moving job that I had contracted out to another company that went bankrupt halfway through. They picked up the slack, got the job done safely, and almost met the original deadline, too. It was a phenomenal effort and I really appreciate the hard work and effort that they invested in our move. Even though the deadline was not met, it was through no fault of United Nation Van Lines – they would have finished way ahead of schedule if I had hired them right from the start. With the fantastic job they did, I know I can trust them to be my first choice for my next move.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

DO NOT HIRE. Hired this company to move us from AZ to AR. Paid for them to pack our items as we had many trinkets and fragile items. Many items were broken and missing including a dresser. They did not pack many items just threw them in a box which is why they were broken. Most of the boxes were unlabeled, smashed and torn. They took no care in anything they did. We had advised and signed a contract that we would not be in AR till a specific date. 3 days prior to the date they called and said they were delivering the next day, when I stated NO that was not what we agreed. They started threatening us and stated we agreed to the earlier time. I asked to send me that document and they could not.

They then threw all our items in a storage locker (not the one we rented) and did not tell us for 4 weeks. I kept calling asking where our stuff was and they said they did not know. When they finally told us it would be delivered to our storage locker we found out it had been sitting less than 1 mile from us. When they finally moved it from that locker to ours we found items that did not belong to us. There was a business card in that items so I contacted that person and they had a very similar experience. I will be filing a complaint with they company for compensation for all the missing, lost, broken and damaged items.

United Nation Van Lines Company Information