Formerly United Nation Van Lines

4.5/5 (163 ratings)

About United Regions Van Lines

United Regions Van Lines specializes in long-distance and cross-country moves and has experience with residential, commercial and corporate relocations. The company has a fleet of 15 trucks registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). United Regions Van Lines has provided services for over 12,500 moves in the U.S.

Pros

• Moving tracker app
    • Multiple packing options
    • Dedicated moving coordinator

Cons

• No local moves
    • Some scheduling complaints

Bottom Line

United Regions Van Lines can be an excellent option for cross-country and other long-distance moves. The company doesn’t handle local moves, but positive reviews mention fair pricing and quick, efficient crews.

Top United Regions Van Lines Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I remembered United Nation Van Lines from having used them a few years ago and decided to hire them again based on the good job last time. They have maintained their high standard...

Verified

We had the perfect moving experience, thanks to the great team at United Nation Van Lines. They were punctual and hardworking, as well as very polite to us. We chose them for the ...

About United Regions Van Lines

United Regions Van Lines' movers undergo in-house certification to ensure all customers receive high-quality service. Move tracking is available so you can stay up to date on the status and location of your belongings.

Customers can choose from several packing and storage options, and each customer receives a dedicated moving coordinator for the duration of their move. Optional services include full-service packing, fragile-only packing and storage options. United Regions Van Lines offers packing materials including standard and specialty cartons.

United Regions Van Lines moving services

United Regions Van Lines' primary services are long-distance residential and corporate moves, but the company offers additional services to help make your move as stress-free as possible.

• Long-distance moves are typically more than 400 miles and cross state lines. United Regions Van Lines has experience with long-distance moves in the lower 48 states.
    • Cross-country moves are moves from one coast to another. Expect a cost of at least $3,000.
    • Corporate and commercial relocations involve moving a business, including furniture and equipment.
    • Short-term storage is often required if your moving dates don't line up correctly. Your items are kept secure until you can move them into your new home.
    • Long-term storage, usually defined as more than 30 days, is available. Different pricing may apply.
    • Full packing is when United Regions Van Lines packs and unpacks everything for you. This service includes disassembling and reassembling furniture and installing appliances.
    • Fragile-only packing is for when you need assistance packing a few delicate items.
    • Help with self-packing is when United Regions Van Lines gives you information about packing but you do the packing yourself. United Regions Van Lines can still help you load and unload.

United Regions Van Lines cost

A long-distance move with United Regions Van Lines costs anywhere from $2,000 to $8,000. For example, moving possessions in a one-bedroom apartment from Seattle to Miami usually runs around $4,500.

You can save money by booking in advance and moving during nonpeak times. Summer generally is the most expensive time to move. In addition to time of year, factors that affect the price of a move include the total weight of your belongings, the moving distance, the level of service you require and the type of insurance you have.

United Regions Van Lines FAQ

Is United Regions Van Lines licensed and certified?
    Yes, United Regions Van Lines is registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration as a carrier. It has both an MC Docket number and a USDOT number.
    What packing services does United Regions Van Lines offer?
    You can choose from full-service packing, fragile-only packing or self-packing with United Regions Van Lines.
    Does United Regions Van Lines provide international relocation services?
    No, United Regions Van Lines does not currently provide international relocation services.
    Where is United Regions Van Lines headquartered?
    United Regions Van Lines has offices in Sacramento, California, and Westerville, Ohio.

Do we recommend United Regions Van Lines?

United Regions Van Lines could be a good option for long-distance moves and corporate relocations. We like its variety of packing services and the fact that each customer gets a dedicated moving coordinator for their relocation. Positive reviews frequently mention the company's professionalism, in-depth knowledge and upfront pricing. For these reasons, we think United Regions Van Lines is a good pick.

United Regions Van Lines Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Regions Van Lines?

Original review: April 10, 2022

It was a pleasure hiring United Nation Van Lines because they gave me better value for money than any other moving company that I have hired. Most movers have very basic packages advertised but it surprised me that United Nation Van Lines’ ad included packaging stuff like packing boxes and securing tape, etc. That is why their package may give the impression that it is more expensive but when you look closer, it is actually a better balance of quality and cost. The movers also did a good job of earning my trust with their easygoing attitude and open attitude. It had also been the same with the office team with whom we had spoken. I am very pleased that I hired them and would do so again.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

United Nation Van Lines gave me what everyone needs when they move – no problems. It’s that simple – United Nation Van Lines knows its role is to make things simple for people who are moving houses. They do it by being very organized, ensuring that everything they touch is moved carefully and responsibly so it isn’t damaged, and then keeping to the timetable they give. For us, it was for our move to Paxtonia, PA from Augusta, GA. They cleared out the pre-packed boxes from my old home very quickly and loaded them onto their van. The delivery was made the next week right during the window they had promised us. I couldn’t be happier with their service this time and look forward to hiring them again.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

We were sad to move from Florida after almost 2 decades living there and raising our kids but the upside was having a nice company like United Nation Van Lines help us move to North Carolina from there. Our old house was a 4 bedroom house and we hired United Nation Van Lines to come in and pack everything up. They were not only fast but also very efficient. Our things were packed up and ready to go before the time was up. They delivered when they had promised us they would, too. No damaged boxes or contents, all there. I hope not to have to move from our new house anytime soon but if I do, United Nation Van Lines will be the company I hire again.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

What a great start to the new year United Nation Van Lines has given my family in New York. They helped us move from Millsboro, DE last month, something that I had asked them to slot in for us because we were in a hurry. I was quite apprehensive about whether they would be able to pull through for us because the holiday season was approaching. Fortunately, they managed to find us an open spot and the rest as they say is history. The convenience of moving when you want aside, United Nation Van Lines also gave us a very jolly moving crew who were a delight to interact with. With all our boxes safely delivered, all that’s left is for me to give them 5 stars!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

I love this company! We have hired them several times now and this move was to shift my office from Tennessee to White Plains, MD. (United Nation Van Lines had done our home move last month the same way) While there was much less stuff than my 5 bedroom house, a lot of it was bulky, fragile and expensive equipment, especially copiers, PCs and coffee makers, etc. I think United Nation Van Lines did a very good job of packing all those things to ensure they were safely protected when they were being moved. Delivery was done specifically on a weekend at my request because of the better traffic situation at the new office location. I am very happy they could accommodate us and I would gladly hire them again.

Original review: May 5, 2022

Would never use again. I received absolutely no advance notice prior to arrival of my furniture, even though it was a trip of almost 900 miles, just a call notifying me the truck was at the destination. The company representative said they had tried to call me, but my call log for the entire week between pick up and delivery indicates that is not true. It DOES reflect the two calls I made to United the day before their arrival (at which time they couldn't provide me with any delivery information) AND a voicemail from them that they were checking the status.

The truck arrived on the one day I requested delivery not be made because my daughter was scheduled for surgery. This date and the request was given to the original individual who took my order, the quality assurance person who called one week prior to pick up and to the apparent leader of the team who loaded my order. I received the call that the truck was at my new home while en route to the hospital. I had to immediately turn around and drive 90 minutes to meet the movers. If that wasn't distressing enough, they charged me an additional $300 for the wait time! Using their own trucks? Another lie. My load was delivered in an Enterprise rental. Of the six men involved in my move, only one at the pick up spoke any English.

It took 15 minutes and involvement of someone off site for me to get documentation of the $2500 cash paid at time of delivery. I insisted in noting the cash payment on the paperwork and was finally able to get a copy of it, after the employees refused to let me take a photo of the document. They were not a particularly economical choice, either, costing me over $7,000 to move 1100 cubic feet about 850 miles (almost all self-packed).

Original review: May 4, 2022

That’s the end of my hunt for the best moving company in the business! They managed to do a better job in every sense than any other moving companies that I have hired before. Their most appealing feature is the reasonable pricing. Most companies of this size charge way more for the same kind of service. I think the quality you get is just right given that the movers are better trained and seem more ‘expert’. I will hire again.

Original review: May 3, 2022

DO NOT USE UNITED NATION VAN LINES! RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN. YOU WILL NOT GET VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY!! We recently made an interstate move (about 450 miles). We had the horrible misfortune of hiring United Nation Van Lines. First, they used a bait and switch tactic. The salesperson asked us to identify each and every piece of furniture. When we tried to give him dimensions, he would not wait for us to measure, saying it didn't matter. He would not allow us time to count boxes. When we told him we had forgotten our patio furniture and a barbecue, he didn't want to start the process over, & he said, "They'll be included in the final estimate." Using our list of every other single piece of furniture in our home, he estimated about 2000 cubic feet and a price of around $11,000.

When the delivery people showed up, the cubic feet increased to about 3300 cubic feet, and the price jumped from $11,000 to $18,000. By that time, they already had our deposit of about $2800, which of course was non-refundable. They also had already begun readying our property for transport. So, we felt we had little choice but to continue. Also, we had been told that the payment on pickup could be made by cashier's check. However, the workers refused to take a cashier's check and demanded cash or postal money order.

During the process, we received a call from Karen, who promised to "be there with us throughout the process." She would help with everything, she assured us. They delivered the goods one day later than promised, which was not a significant delay. Not a single person on the delivery team spoke English. They had mechanical translators, which were awkward and inconvenient to use. The delivery people would not even open the truck until they received the entire cash payment, which we considered unreasonable.

We tried to call Karen (the person who was going to help us throughout), and her phone just rang and rang, with no option to even leave a voice mail. We called the Sales number, thinking they would answer on a Friday morning, but--again, no answer. We surmised that our phone numbers had been blocked. We had clearly marked where each box was to go, with color-coded stickers, but the workers just dropped the boxes wherever they saw fit.

The workers did not put all our furniture & appliances back together as promised by the salesperson. The bed frame (two twins attached together) is missing a piece. When the door had to be taken off, they wanted to unscrew the hinges instead of using the pins in the hinges. They thought the clothing washer was a dishwasher, and they put the washer and dryer in the wrong locations in the laundry room. Several items were broken--a hanging clothes box was crushed, and a few plastic items (clothes hamper, trash can, etc.) were broken. We have not yet identified damage to valuable property.

There was little care taken in how the property was placed in the truck (light items on top of heavy items, etc.). When the job was complete (by the company's standards), we asked for a copy of the paperwork they insisted we sign. They refused to give us a copy, and did not want to give us a receipt for the $5880 cash we had paid. Finally, we wrote "Received, $5880" and the boss reluctantly signed that notation. After all that, when the delivery team clearly knew we were not happy, they asked for a tip, which we obviously did not provide. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DO NOT CONSIDER UNITED NATION VAN LINES.

Original review: April 26, 2022

Moving is always a nightmare and that is why you need to hire a company like this one who can keep the extra drama to a minimum. I have been hiring this company to handle all my home moves as well the transfer of my office for precisely that reason. They are one of the most professional companies in any line of business that I have had the pleasure to work with. I hope that I will get to extend this client-business relationship for many years into the future. (This move was my 3 bedroom penthouse in Alabama to a 4 bedroom house in Maryland).

Original review: April 21, 2022

I had a hard time deciding whether to use these people for my move or another company that I have used before. The main reason was that while the other company was cheaper, they were also slightly haphazard with their execution of the 2 moves they have done for us. On the other hand, this one seems to have only glowing reviews from hundreds of customers over many years. Catch was their higher price. I bit the bullet and hired them anyway and am glad for it. They did a great job, much superior to the old movers and worth the price difference.

United Regions Van Lines Company Information