2. Movers

Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.14/5

United Nation Van Lines is the parent company of Moving Nation. It specializes in long-distance and cross-country moves and has experience with residential, commercial and corporate relocations. The company has a fleet of 15 trucks registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). United Nation Van Lines has provided services for over 12,500 moves in the U.S.

BOTTOM LINE

United Nation Van Lines can be an excellent option for cross-country and other long-distance moves. The company doesn’t handle local moves, but positive reviews mention fair pricing and quick, efficient crews.

PROS
  • Moving tracker app
  • Multiple packing options
  • Dedicated moving coordinator
CONS
  • No local moves
  • Some scheduling complaints

Top United Nation Van Lines Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Nation Van Lines?

We had the perfect moving experience, thanks to the great team at United Nation Van Lines. They were punctual and hardworking, as well as very polite to us. We chose them for the budget deal… We would use them again and recommend them.

United Nation Van Lines Get a Quote

About United Nation Van Lines

United Nation Van Lines' movers undergo in-house certification to ensure all customers receive high-quality service. Move tracking is available so you can stay up to date on the status and location of your belongings.

Customers can choose from several packing and storage options, and each customer receives a dedicated moving coordinator for the duration of their move. Optional services include full-service packing, fragile-only packing and storage options. United Nation Van Lines offers packing materials including standard and specialty cartons.

United Nation Van Lines moving services

United Nation Van Lines' primary services are long-distance residential and corporate moves, but the company offers additional services to help make your move as stress-free as possible.

• Long-distance moves are typically more than 400 miles and cross state lines. United Nation Van Lines has experience with long-distance moves in the lower 48 states.
  • Cross-country moves are moves from one coast to another. Expect a cost of at least $3,000.
  • Corporate and commercial relocations involve moving a business, including furniture and equipment.
  • Short-term storage is often required if your moving dates don't line up correctly. Your items are kept secure until you can move them into your new home.
  • Long-term storage, usually defined as more than 30 days, is available. Different pricing may apply.
  • Full packing is when United Nation Van Lines packs and unpacks everything for you. This service includes disassembling and reassembling furniture and installing appliances.
  • Fragile-only packing is for when you need assistance packing a few delicate items.
  • Help with self-packing is when United Nation Van Lines gives you information about packing but you do the packing yourself. United Nation Van Lines can still help you load and unload.

United Nation Van Lines cost

A long-distance move with United Nation Van Lines costs anywhere from $2,000 to $8,000. For example, moving possessions in a one-bedroom apartment from Seattle to Miami usually runs around $4,500.

You can save money by booking in advance and moving during nonpeak times. Summer generally is the most expensive time to move. In addition to time of year, factors that affect the price of a move include the total weight of your belongings, the moving distance, the level of service you require and the type of insurance you have.

United Nation Van Lines FAQ

Is United Nation Van Lines licensed and certified?
Yes, United Nation Van Lines is registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration as a carrier. It has both an MC Docket number and a USDOT number.
What packing services does United Nation Van Lines offer?
You can choose from full-service packing, fragile-only packing or self-packing with United Nation Van Lines.
Does United Nation Van Lines provide international relocation services?
No, United Nation Van Lines does not currently provide international relocation services.
Where is United Nation Van Lines headquartered?
United Nation Van Lines has offices in Sacramento, California, and Westerville, Ohio.

Do we recommend United Nation Van Lines?

United Nation Van Lines could be a good option for long-distance moves and corporate relocations. We like its variety of packing services and the fact that each customer gets a dedicated moving coordinator for their relocation. Positive reviews frequently mention the company's professionalism, in-depth knowledge and upfront pricing. For these reasons, we think United Nation Van Lines is a good pick.

United Nation Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Nation Van Lines?

Original review: March 18, 2021

We are very happy with the deal that United Nation Van Lines gave us and the amazing service that came with it. Their price undercut the previous cost that we had to pay a similar professional moving company to move us to Arizona last year. Considering that moving rates increase year on year, I don’t know how United Nation Van Lines does it but they do a mighty fine job of balancing cost and quality.

This is actually our first time hiring this fine company. However, it feels like we have known the team for ages. There was always a genuine edge to their conversations with us. You can tell that they care about doing right by the customer and not just treating everybody as a number to earn money. That is true for the sales team in their head office as well as the moving men.

The practical side of their work is just beyond compare. The team of movers cleared out our 2-bedroom apartment like it was nothing, even with all the large appliances like refrigerators, washing machine and drier. I think a large part of that is their brand spanking new equipment - all the dollies were shiny and clean, and that probably made moving things a whole lot easier. The one thing I am not so sure about is how they managed to charge us such a low price. I am happy they did but I am just wondering if I missed something? Regardless, I would hire them at this price again.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 10, 2021

The movers from United Nation Van Lines were good. They showed up when they said they would. They even showed up in Montana in a winter advisory. There were tons and tons of snow, and they were on time. They were pretty open to times. They delivered on Super Bowl Sunday in a snowstorm. They got my stuff to me. Also, my house isn’t built yet here in Montana. So, they had really wrapped up my stuff very well in blankets, they put plastic wrap over that, and then taped all that up. I had wanted to have it left that way. Normally, they would put it in your house, unwrap it and put everything together. There was an additional cost for the packing blankets, but it was super cheap and it was very worth the convenience. They’re 100 bucks. It was 25 packing blankets. So, that was really cool. That helped me out a lot.

Dear Michael,

We appreciate your feedback and we are happy that we could provide you with quality moving service.

Fill free to reach us when you in need of moving again.

United Nation Van Lines.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

They showed up very promptly. They helped us figure out things that we didn't quite know if we were going to take or not. They were able to help us with most of the things that we had boxed and packed, and a few things that we didn't do. They moved it from inside the house to the truck to a storage facility. The coordinators that reached out to us were great. The gentleman that we worked with was Vic, and he was awesome. He found hard working people in Colorado and in Arizona, to help get our stuff out of the truck and into storage. The only concern that I have is that I know that there was a couple of pictures I could hear a crackling glass, but I couldn't tell what it was. Because until we moved our stuff out of storage to our house, we're not going to know the extent of the damage.

Original review: July 14, 2020

I would personally like to leave 5 star best review for Moving Nation and everything they did for my Mother Liz in her move to Georgia, with a special mention to Tina ** and the moving driver and trucker Mr. **. Miss Tina ** coordinated all actions of my Mother's move and kept us informed every step of the way. After losing my stepfather Charlie April 8th, it gave my family great comfort to know Moving Nation had our back!!! Mr. ** upon arrival carefully moved all of my Mom's belongings and unpacked and set them up in a very respectful and professional manner. His dedication and caring attitude really meant a lot to us all like he was one of our family!!! Thank you Moving Nation, Tina ** and Sergei for getting my Mother to us in Georgia safely and flawlessly!!! Will do business again!!! Always Mark ** USAF Retired

Original review: May 19, 2020

Based on my experience with Moving Nation, I would not hesitate to recommend them. What you want from a mover is an efficient job at a reasonable price and a sense that you have real people communicating with you along the way. Pre-move: proactive, informative, thorough communication without any pressure. Moving process: went exactly as described. Movers showed up in a timely manner. Efficient, friendly, professional.

One glitch was that their truck broke down en route to the destination which delayed their arrival until first thing the next morning. But I was texted immediately to alert me to the problem. Upon arrival they were very careful with moving the truck onto our property and, in fact, parking about 100 feet from the storage pod where the furniture was to be unloaded. This required them to hand haul the furniture that distance. The pod was stacked efficiently. I am only half unloaded so I can't comment on the condition of my belongings but so far so good. Follow up: emails and phone calls to make sure I was satisfied with the process. I am. Conclusion: I would highly recommend Moving Nation.

Original review: April 15, 2021

Given that I have been using professional moving services during years, I think I am qualified to say that United Nation Van Lines is indeed one of the leading businesses in the industry today. I used them to move a number of items out of storage in Tennessee and have them moved to my new house in Illinois. Not only did they do an absolutely flawless job but they also managed to do it ahead of schedule and within the budget. They have really made an impression upon me and I have no issue in awarding them 5 stars.

Original review: April 15, 2021

United Nation Van Lines was actually our second choice but the other company could not adjust us into their schedule. Rather than wait, we opted for United Nation Van Lines whose quote was slightly higher than what we wanted to pay. The reason we still went with them was the long list of excellent reviews they have garnered. Sure there are some outliers but that is to be expected for a company dealing with thousands of people. In our experience, they handled everything they were asked to as good as could have been done.

Original review: April 15, 2021

I think I first used United Nation Van Lines years ago and was happy with them. Using them again after all that time for this move was a pleasant surprise – many of the faces are the same at the office and their service quality has only improved. I immediately noticed that the vehicles have been upgraded, their dollies and other equipment are brand new and everything seems clean and well maintained. They are all signs of a business that takes itself seriously, something essential if you’re going to hand them all your worldly possessions. I am completely satisfied and would hire United Nation Van Lines again.

Original review: March 28, 2021

We got 5-star service from an A+ company! United Nation Van Lines really came through for us on our move from Florida to Virginia. My wife initially spoke to them on the phone and we totally loved the friendly and very open pricing approach they took with us. It was even better to find out on the day of the move that the amiable approach extended to the movers, too. As we expected from the very first conversation with their office, the final price matched the quote. There are definitely some cheaper movers out there but we’d choose United Nation Van Lines ahead of them all every time.

Original review: March 27, 2021

The guy who I spoke to originally was amazing. Great quote and very approachable. The pick up date was spot on and the loaders were amazing. After that it all went downhill. My 24 hour window of awareness of the delivery was shortened to 12 hours. The time given for delivery was not met. There was no call when they arrived. The truck was unable to drive to the storage unit when large trucks here in Vermont do it there daily. They then informed me that it would need to be loaded on a smaller truck.

I had my boyfriend arrange to meet the driver at a specific time. They were 2 plus hours late for that time. They demanded an additional $400 or they would not deliver my personal belongings. There was only 1 person to unload after the shake down. So my boyfriend, who has a bad back had to help unload. If I was there and not working would this be expected of me as a woman? So disrespectful and so disappointing. Not even sure if all my things are there because the check list was never checked off... DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!!! You will be sadly mistaken...

United Nation Van Lines response
    We do apologize that customer feels that way, but lets take a look at the facts and see if we deserve 1 star.
    - The guy who I spoke to originally was amazing. - not 1 star review sentence.
    - Great quote and very approachable. - not 1 star review sentence.
    - The pick up date was spot on and the loaders were amazing. - not 1 star review sentence.
    - My 24 hour window of awareness of the delivery was shortened to 12 hours. - not entirely true. Customer was advised about delivery on 25th at 8PM. Delivery happened on the 26th at 2PM. 18 hours VS 24 hours.
    - The truck was unable to drive to the storage unit when large trucks here in Vermont do it there daily. - "Large trucks" its not a professional term. Just take a look a the picture of the mud road and incline that customer referring to: https://www.google.com/maps/place/32+VT-25,+East+Corinth,+VT+05040/@44.0797363,-72.2642581,3a,47.8y,75.08h,77.23t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sqepmWSCdbnjfXPiLwGTFrQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x4cb4fa917dc48445:0x4e5ef8c0bd1c6b2f!2s32+VT-25,+East+Corinth,+VT+05040!3b1!8m2!3d44.0805075!4d-72.2641091!3m4!1s0x4cb4fa917dc48445:0x4e5ef8c0bd1c6b2f!8m2!3d44.0805075!4d-72.2641091 "Large truck" F-150 would easily made it, but 75 feet long 80,000 lbs. tractor would not its not meant to be driven off-road. So its not our fault that customer chose that storage.
    - They then informed me that it would need to be loaded on a smaller truck. - That was necessary to complete the delivery.
    - I had my boyfriend arrange to meet the driver at a specific time. They were 2 plus hours late for that time. - not entirely true. We were running a little behind, because we did not expect such conditions and we had to arrange for the shuttle and we were in constant contact with the customer.
    - They demanded an additional $400 or they would not deliver my personal belongings. - we did NOT demanded anything. The shuttle cost according to our contract was $700. We even DISCOUNTED it to $400 to compensate the inconvenience. But looks like some people do not appreciate when you trying to help them.
    - There was only 1 person to unload after the shake down. - One person was more that enough to unload that job.
    - So my boyfriend, who has a bad back had to help unload. If I was there and not working would this be expected of me as a woman? So disrespectful and so disappointing. - Nobody asked anybody to help us unload. As we stated above 1 person was enough to unload entire shipment.

- Not even sure if all my things are there because the check list was never checked off. - To do the check off is customers responsibility, but yet again we getting blamed for that.

So all together we did a great job, as usual, but we have to take the blame for customers mistake.

Original review: March 26, 2021

I have never had a better moving experience than I did with United Nation Van Lines. They did everything I had asked for like I wanted them to but then also went over and beyond with great customer care and an understanding admin team. We were moving from TN to NY and wanted our things delivered within a specific time window so that we would be able to get several things done at once. Most of the other movers we asked turned us down flat and said it was ‘impossible’ but United Nation Van Lines just asked a few questions, then got it done just like we needed.

Original review: March 24, 2021

We hired United Nation Van Lines to move from our New York's 3-bedroom apartment to a bigger house in Colorado. While we had never heard of them before the move, they have built a pretty solid reputation online in terms of great feedback so we chose them ahead of other companies that come with more well-known brand names. One of the advantages of that is that their prices are quite a bit lower. That is made even better by the fact that the difference in quality from what we can tell is virtually negligible. Based on that, I give United Nation Van Lines 5 stars.

Original review: March 22, 2021

We chose United Nation Van Lines because my sister recommended them to us after the move. Like us, she moved from S Carolina to Maryland. However, her move was a 2-bedroom apartment while ours was a 4-bedroom house. Regardless, United Nation Van Lines did both jobs just as well. I am especially happy with the polite movers who were very nice to my family, even the little kids wandering in and out of the area curiously. It made for a very pleasant experience that I am really appreciative for. Last but definitely not least, their prices are very reasonable. 5 stars and a huge Recommend from my family!

Original review: March 20, 2021

I had to write a review after my recent use of United Nation Van Lines’s packing and moving services. We hired them to move from Pennsylvania to Tampa and got the full package that includes packing at the pick-up and unpacking at the destination as well. Because they aren’t really a well-known moving name, I was a bit apprehensive despite their stellar reputation in terms of reviews. Thankfully, they did not just meet my expectations but went way beyond what I thought I would get for the price. The hardworking movers and the efficient admin team all deserve 5 stars.

Original review: March 16, 2021

United Nation Van Lines organized and executed my move pretty much like a military operation. I am not even kidding – they had these guys come in with clipboards and measuring tape and made these little diagrams on their pads about how things would fit together nice and snug. (Apparently, it saves space (which means saves me money) and also ensures minimal movement so things don’t break). Then, they rolled in those carrying things with wheels and rolled out everything in my house, snugly into that truck. The unloading and unpacking was just as good and I’m happy to give them 5 stars.

Original review: March 14, 2021

We had a pretty good run with our previous movers but opted for United Nation Van Lines because their rates are quite a bit lower but the standards and service are pretty much the same. In fact, thinking back to our 4 moves in the past few years, these guys would have saved us a five figure sum. If you are a ‘brand name’ type customer, this company is not for you. But if you want a balance of cost and quality, it is hard to look past them. We were moving our 3-bedroom house from CA to Washington.

Original review: March 12, 2021

United Nation Van Lines did a very good job of planning and scheduling our move ahead of time. They had every step of the process broken down and shared with us so that we could adjust our own schedules accordingly. The moving team arrived ahead of time and got right to work. They take their job seriously for sure! It’s a wonder how they also manage to get the timing right so accurately for the delivery as well. Even with the distances involved (we moved from NJ to GA). We are very happy to have hired United Nation Van Lines and would use them again.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

United Nation Van Lines is not the most affordable moving company but it delivers quality that is far beyond the prices they charge. I have used many movers before but the 2-bedroom move from DE to MN United Nation Van Lines worked on was the best of them all and the best priced one, too.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

It was easy to choose United Nation Van Lines for my move this time since I’d had an excellent experience last year when I used them. As before, the guys turned up early, worked hard, and treated our things with care. There is no company I’d trust to move more than United Nation Van Lines.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

Good job by a professional team that communicates well both amongst themselves and with their clients. We were recommended United Nation Van Lines by friends who have used them several times. Just as they said, these guys are consummate professionals. Our move from a 3-bedroom house in Louisiana to a larger house in North Carolina was flawlessly executed.

Dear Ashley,

We do appreciate your review and really happy that yet another customer had great experience with our company.

Give us a call if you would need any help with moving in the future.

United Nation Van Lines.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

We upgraded to a 5-bedroom house in Maryland and used United Nation Van Lines as our movers since they were well-recommended. We are pleased that they performed just as well as we had hoped. Not a single scuff mark on our floors or furniture and nothing broken or chipped. One box was a little damaged, but it's not a big problem. We will use them again.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

I remembered United Nation Van Lines from having used them a few years ago and decided to hire them again based on the good job last time. They have maintained their high standards and made my move from California back to Nevada as good as the move here. I’ll use them again.

Natalie,

Great to hear that we could meet your expectations and our services are still to your standards.

When you decide to move from Nevada again - call us, we will be waiting.

United Nation Van Lines.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

We had the perfect moving experience, thanks to the great team at United Nation Van Lines. They were punctual and hardworking, as well as very polite to us. We chose them for the budget deal we got but the service felt absolutely premium. We would use them again and recommend them.

Dear Allan,

We are happy that we could provide you with the service you expected.

Should you have moving needs in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

United Nation Van Lines.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

We hired Moving Nation and paid them a lot of money to pack and pick up my 84 year old mom's home goods from California. It's going on four weeks and we have still not receive a date as to when we can expect her goods. They cannot go on like this indefinitely. They are probably waiting for another job in the area but we hired them on good faith and they are not delivering. They don't respond to our calls and inquiries whether by phone or email. We are disgusted. We just want our stuff and our money back for all the aggravation and stress. Mom has lots of health issues including high blood pressure and heart condition. Where is her stuff?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

Horrible company, be careful! They've changed their name (Formerly Moving Nation). Terrible experience from start to finish with our long distance move. Gave us the hard sell when obtaining quotes for movers, selected these idiots because they said they had own fleet of vans/movers. They were 3 days late picking up, took 6 weeks for delivery in our new home. All the while provided zero communication and we had to call them constantly to get any updates which was usually "I don't know" from the same awful customer service rep. Items arrive broken and were delivered by movers from Allied Van Lines who apologized for condition and said they were hired last minute for the job. In the end they charged more than 3k over initial quote for very vague reasons that were never explained. I don't understand how they can have any positive reviews on here. You've been warned!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I’ll review more after they come and take it down to Corpus Christi for me. I am moving from Kansas. But so far Eric has been really helpful on what I need to do and get done and the pricing was amazing.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Sales force was very good to work with. However once they had my deposit (1/3 of total estimate) the friendly service fell silent!! Within 1 week a Moving Nation truck picked up my furniture, household items, clothes and electronics. I was informed that delivery could take up to 17 days. I was not informed that my entire shipment would be taken to a warehouse in Baltimore Maryland. Despite my numerous attempts to get information about where my 'stuff' was and when I would receive same. The company was unresponsive, ignoring my phone calls placed at the 800 number. The sales rep was mute, not returning my calls.

Approximately 3-weeks later, I finally got in touch with a 'live' person and was informed that my 'stuff' would be loaded onto a Transporter and on its way. That was over a week ago!! My next conversation with someone named Tina was to inform me that the 'trucker' was loading up his/her truck this week and heading West with 4 loads (1-Colorado 2-Nevada and 1-California). As of this date 09/24/2020, I have been unable to get any information regarding the whereabouts of my shipment, who the Trucker is or when I will receive delivery. All my belongings were picked up by Moving-nation on 08/21/2020. It is now 09/24/2020. I have this company 2/3 of the charges.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Absolutely unacceptable- 2 hours late AND doubled my quote. NO- don’t use, highly unethical. Jakob ** was misleading, and would do anything for me to sign a docusign that most people would not understand- it’s why you hire a mover! He picked apart every other quote and made me feel I was In safe hands- DON'T SIGN!!!! UNETHICAL!!!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

We contacted Moving Nation and talked to Eric ** and he assured us we were in good hands. We answered all of his questions and he told us our cubic feet amount, when the movers got there that's when it all fell apart. The movers told us we were 300 cubic feet short and needed to pay them an extra 3700.00 and then they tried to upcharge us for blankets and tape which were in the contract.

Then they told us we were going to receive our furniture within the 17 business days from pick up. That was a lie as well, that date came and went and then they changed their story and said it was from 17 business days from the delivery date. That date has come and gone and still no one in customer service has called us back. I have filed a formal complaint with the BBB and that didnt faze them at all. We are going on 8 weeks without our furniture and no end date in sight on when we will be receiving it. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY AND RUN FROM THEM!!!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

I placed a $1032 deposit on my credit card on June 16th with the understanding that it's fully refundable if I cancel up to a week before my July 28th move date. They tried to switch the price up on me the day I booked which should have been my warning. My contact guy stopped responding. Couldn't get a human on the main number until I hit sales dept. Then they argued with me and tried to trash talk the company I went with. They cut you off when you're talking, are condescending and they lie. They said my guy left the company and they checked his emails and said there was nothing from me. They also claimed some other guy's email to contact was on my paperwork and it's not.

They finally asked me to email a certain email address to cancel and I would receive my refund in 14 days. I did that on July 8. I threatened them with a BBB complaint on the 14 day mark and the next day got a picture of a check. I responded and said I can't deposit it like that, it needs to be mailed but most importantly I paid with my credit card and want it refunded how I paid. Haven't heard from them since. I doubt they intend to email that check when they haven't asked for an address. It's now August 21st. I have disputed the charge with my credit card company and filed a complaint with the BBB. Now just waiting. Do not use this company. No one should be recommending them.

United Nation Van Lines Company Information