Formerly United Nation Van Lines

4.2/5 (187 ratings)

About United Regions Van Lines

United Regions Van Lines specializes in long-distance and cross-country moves and has experience with residential, commercial and corporate relocations. The company has a fleet of 15 trucks registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). United Regions Van Lines has provided services for over 12,500 moves in the U.S.

Pros

• Easy booking process
    • Multiple packing options
    • Dedicated moving coordinator

Cons

• No local moves
    • No international moves

Bottom Line

United Regions Van Lines can be an excellent option for cross-country and other long-distance moves. The company doesn’t handle local or international moves, but positive reviews mention competitive pricing and quick, efficient crews.

Top United Regions Van Lines Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I remembered United Nation Van Lines from having used them a few years ago and decided to hire them again based on the good job last time. They have maintained their high standard...

Verified

We had the perfect moving experience, thanks to the great team at United Nation Van Lines. They were punctual and hardworking, as well as very polite to us. We chose them for the ...

About United Regions Van Lines

United Regions Van Lines' movers undergo in-house certification to ensure all customers receive high-quality service. The company's customer service representatives are also available to to provide comprehensive support during your move.

Customers can choose from several packing and storage options, and each customer receives a dedicated moving coordinator for the duration of their move. Optional services include full-service packing, fragile-only packing and storage options. United Regions Van Lines offers packing materials, including standard and specialty cartons.

United Regions Van Lines moving services

United Regions Van Lines' primary services are long-distance residential and corporate moves, but the company offers additional services to help make your move as stress-free as possible.

• Long-distance moves are typically more than 400 miles and cross state lines. United Nation Van Lines has experience with long-distance moves in the lower 48 states.
    • Cross-country moves are moves from one coast to another. Expect a cost of at least $3,000.
    • Corporate and commercial relocations involve moving your business, including furniture and equipment. United Regions Van Lines creates a custom corporate relocation plan, and a trained moving specialists pack your inventory safely. You'll receive regular updates from a United Regions Van Lines customer service representative.
    • Storage services are available in fireproof and stormproof buildings with 24/7 se curity surveillance cameras. The company offers units that can house large items like trampolines or commercial equipment, and the company has full-service storage, storage-in-transit and commercial storage services available for short- and long-term needs.

United Regions Van Lines packing services

United Regions Van Lines offers full and partial packing options with its relocation services. Pricing depends on several factors, including your location and the weight and density of the items you're moving.

• Single-item pack is a good option for those who can do most of their own packing but need help with a heavy or awkward item, such as a piano.
    • Kitchen pack is available for those who want to pack everything but their kitchen.
    • Full pack is a great option for those who don't want to handle any of their own packing. United Regions Van Lines' moving team brings its own supplies to arrange, wrap and pack everything securely.

United Regions Van Lines cost

A long-distance move with United Regions Van Lines costs anywhere from $2,000 to $8,000. For example, moving possessions in a one-bedroom apartment from Seattle to Miami usually runs around $4,500.

You can save money by booking in advance and moving during nonpeak times. Summer generally is the most expensive time to move. In addition to time of year, factors that affect the price of a move include the total weight of your belongings, the moving distance, the level of service you require and the type of insurance you have.

United Regions Van Lines FAQ

Is United Regions Van Lines licensed and certified?

Yes, United Regions Van Lines is registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration as a carrier. It has both an MC Docket number and a USDOT number.

What packing services does United Regions Van Lines offer?

You can choose from full-service packing, fragile-only packing or self-packing with United Regions Van Lines.

Does United Regions Van Lines provide international relocation services?

No, United Regions Van Lines does not currently provide international relocation services.

Where is United Regions Van Lines headquartered?

United Regions Van Lines has offices in Sacramento, California, and Westerville, Ohio.

Do we recommend United Regions Van Lines?

United Regions Van Lines could be a good option for long-distance moves and corporate relocations. We like its variety of packing services and the fact that each customer gets a dedicated moving coordinator for their relocation. Positive reviews frequently mention the company's professionalism, in-depth knowledge and upfront pricing. For these reasons, we think United Regions Van Lines is a good pick.

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Regions Van Lines?

Original review: April 10, 2022

It was a pleasure hiring United Nation Van Lines because they gave me better value for money than any other moving company that I have hired. Most movers have very basic packages advertised but it surprised me that United Nation Van Lines’ ad included packaging stuff like packing boxes and securing tape, etc. That is why their package may give the impression that it is more expensive but when you look closer, it is actually a better balance of quality and cost. The movers also did a good job of earning my trust with their easygoing attitude and open attitude. It had also been the same with the office team with whom we had spoken. I am very pleased that I hired them and would do so again.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

United Nation Van Lines gave me what everyone needs when they move – no problems. It’s that simple – United Nation Van Lines knows its role is to make things simple for people who are moving houses. They do it by being very organized, ensuring that everything they touch is moved carefully and responsibly so it isn’t damaged, and then keeping to the timetable they give. For us, it was for our move to Paxtonia, PA from Augusta, GA. They cleared out the pre-packed boxes from my old home very quickly and loaded them onto their van. The delivery was made the next week right during the window they had promised us. I couldn’t be happier with their service this time and look forward to hiring them again.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

We were sad to move from Florida after almost 2 decades living there and raising our kids but the upside was having a nice company like United Nation Van Lines help us move to North Carolina from there. Our old house was a 4 bedroom house and we hired United Nation Van Lines to come in and pack everything up. They were not only fast but also very efficient. Our things were packed up and ready to go before the time was up. They delivered when they had promised us they would, too. No damaged boxes or contents, all there. I hope not to have to move from our new house anytime soon but if I do, United Nation Van Lines will be the company I hire again.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

What a great start to the new year United Nation Van Lines has given my family in New York. They helped us move from Millsboro, DE last month, something that I had asked them to slot in for us because we were in a hurry. I was quite apprehensive about whether they would be able to pull through for us because the holiday season was approaching. Fortunately, they managed to find us an open spot and the rest as they say is history. The convenience of moving when you want aside, United Nation Van Lines also gave us a very jolly moving crew who were a delight to interact with. With all our boxes safely delivered, all that’s left is for me to give them 5 stars!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

I love this company! We have hired them several times now and this move was to shift my office from Tennessee to White Plains, MD. (United Nation Van Lines had done our home move last month the same way) While there was much less stuff than my 5 bedroom house, a lot of it was bulky, fragile and expensive equipment, especially copiers, PCs and coffee makers, etc. I think United Nation Van Lines did a very good job of packing all those things to ensure they were safely protected when they were being moved. Delivery was done specifically on a weekend at my request because of the better traffic situation at the new office location. I am very happy they could accommodate us and I would gladly hire them again.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

I had never hired pro movers before this but I am convinced that this crew has got to be better than most of them. Compared to all the sob stories we have heard from so many of our friends and family who have hired movers, our move was as smooth and worry-free as can be. The truck arrived on time and the 3 man moving crew was very friendly and hardworking. They took a lot of care to not damage what they loaded. It was all delivered to us in Colorado on time and we could not be happier with their performance.

Original review: July 29, 2022

With a track record like this company has, it’s impossible not to give them 5 stars and recommend them as well. We have personally hired them 3 times with excellent results but you can read the long line of reviews from other customers as well. It takes a special kind of company to maintain that kind of record over many years. Don’t be content with just my words – read the others as well and see for yourself. You will not be disappointed.

Original review: July 29, 2022

There isn't a moving company worthy of a good review, as most will say anything they think you want to hear to get you to sign a contract. This unprofessional organization is no different. Using ZOOM, the sales associate walks through your home to give you an 'accurate' assessment of your belongings and then provides an 'estimated' quote to hook you. In our case just under $10,000 for a long distance move (12 HOURS AWAY). 'A week before pickup' another person called to ask how many boxes we actually had, our quote went from under 10K to over 11K. The day of 'pickup' the driver/mover arrived with a truck and said that both quotes weren't accurate and that the move would be OVER $15K.

We arrive at our new location only to find out that the contents of our home would be sitting in a warehouse until a truck became available AND there were other families to fill the truck if our contents didn't, and as long as those families were going to a similar location. 4 WEEKS LATER our belongings were finally delivered. Most of the boxes were crushed because the hired movers didn't care how much or little a box weighed and simply stacked them without being mindful about weight or what it would do to the box below it. They only used 2 men for pickup and delivery, even when there were extremely heavy and fragile items, putting the load at risk of damage the entire time.

What made the experience so infuriating is that every time I called for an update or asked to speak to someone, NOT ONCE in a month did any one return a call, because it appears that they just don't care what kind of review they get, they just want their money!!!! As it turns out so far I am missing one box with a likely value of $1500. I've called and emailed customer service to see if someone can try to track it, she did nothing except send me a 'claims' link. I've asked to speak to numerous persons in a supervisor position to see if they could make an effort to find my missing box and continue to be told that they will call me back...it's been weeks...crickets.

The payment process was a nightmare as well. Cash or POSTAL Money Order. Nothing from a bank was good enough for them. I've been around for many decades and dealt with a lot of businesses over the years. No business in the continental US has pissed me off more than United Regions Van Lines. Save yourself a ton of grief. DON'T CALL THEM!! If I could give them a review with negative star, I most certainly would.

Original review: July 27, 2022

We stressed on the importance of timing to these guys before we hired them because we have had other movers disappoint us with erratic timing and unreliable schedules. They listened to us and made sure that we were not inconvenienced in that way. They also went a step further and gave us the option of earlier delivery if it suited us. While we did not opt for it, it was a kind gesture that did not go unnoticed. A rehire-worthy company.

Original review: July 22, 2022

Thank you. You guys made a very complicated and stressful time so much more manageable with your excellent customer service. We were able to get all our things right on time so we could start our new life in San Francisco as and when we wanted. It was fantastic to receive all our items intact for once – that had literally never happened in all our 4 moves before this one! I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for movers. 5 stars.

United Regions Van Lines Company Information