3.48/5
Based on 718 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a mortgage lender?

4047 Quicken Loans Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Filled out some information on LendingTree and got a call from Quicken Loans. The first thing they did was asking for SSN# and my permission to run my credit but I denied. They said they have already got my information from LendingTree and just needed me to verify. Then I provided my SSN# to them BUT I emphasized that I do NOT want them to pull my credit and I just want to know their general rates. They told me they cannot provide me rates without pulling my credit report and kept asking for my permission to run my credit. BUT I SAID NO! I hanged up the phone without getting any information but they still ran my credit without my consent. COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE! Ridiculous. Rude!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I filled out a simple form online and was attacked by Quicken Loans. I received a call right away by a girl, and then passed over to some guy. Next thing I know without my consent they ran my credit report and started to go off. I NEVER wanted them to get anything done with me, I just wanted to see some rates. They are total scam artists, very predatory and aggressive. COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I'm leaving this review due to my short-term dealings with Quicken Loans. I applied for a mortgage prior to settling on a home I wanted to purchase. I was contacted by Frank ** and immediately felt as though I was being pushed to buy a home... any home. I was refused to be given my pre-approval letter and messaged everyday via text if I was looking at houses and was I going to be looking on the weekends. Then when I had found a home that I know for a fact qualified for a USDA loan. I was questioned and treated like a child and asked the address of the property. Rude and unprofessional in my opinion. I'll gladly take me and my credit/money elsewhere where I am appreciated.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Recently was pre-approved for a jumbo loan by Quicken with 10% downpayment. I was provided all my financial information and went through their entire underwriting for the pre-approval. After selling my house and securing another, Quicken flipped and told I have to put 15% down, which is unaffordable. I confronted the mortgage director with my preapproval letter, no change in their stance. Quicken Loans replied to my first comment saying "QuickenLoans.com 1 day ago You were never "pre-approved" by QuickenLoans.com or any of its wholly-own subsidiaries. Stop this libelous cyber campaign against QuickenLoans.com immediately!" THEY ARE COMPLETE LIARS. THEY QUALIFIED ME FOR 10% DOWN AND CHANGED IT TO 15%. BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Steer clear of Quicken Loans and Calvin **. If I could give zero stars I would. Because of him, I am out my $500 for the appraisal that was ordered on a home I had to cancel the contract on. First, he provided wrong information to me on several occasions. Second, he said he needed my card number "on file." When I was charged the fee, he said, "Oh, don't worry, we'll apply it to the next home." I never ended up finishing my loan with Quicken, and he said he submitted to have my $500 reimbursed. I've yet to see it reimbursed. I disputed through my credit card company and they would not work with me due to Quicken Loans and their shady practices. I will never work with Quicken again, and will steer even further from Calvin.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quicken Loans?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I was researching different lenders for a house refinance. I started the process with Rich at Quicken Loans. As we got further along in the discussion - he requested and I provided a credit card for the 500$ "good faith to proceed" with Quicken Loans. My husband and I decided to go with Newfi (Nexera) within four or five days, and advised Rich of the change of plans. I requested by phone and also via email to refund the 500$ fee that was associated with proceeding. It was NOT a cancellation fee.

I spoke with Newfi Lending and was advised that Quicken Loans should never of charged this 500$ fee. That it was illegal to charge this fee. I called and spoke to Rich - who was our contact for Quicken and he assured me that this 500$ fee would indeed be credited back to our credit card. Fast forward to life in general - I have my credit card set up for auto-pay and was distracted by the head-on collision that happened shortly after the closing of the refinance with Newfi (Paul was great!) so I hadn't noticed a minimum payment being deducted from my checking account.

Trying to get paperwork done today and looking at my checking account and calling the credit card issuer - I find out that Quicken Loans did indeed charge me - but only refunded back 438$ and change. People NEED to know that a fee to proceed with a refinance loan is not legal. NEVER will I do business with them and refer friends to not do business with them. I have a dispute with my credit card issuer and hopefully this will be resolved shortly. Meanwhile, not only dealing with my husband's car accident (he wasn't at fault and the other driver cited) I'm dealing with a company that has no values and is dishonest. Would you ever do business with that type of company that isn't forthright in communications? I also never received a notice that they were indeed charging me this "fee". Ridiculous and dishonest.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

If you have an existing trust you would like to have your property titled in then find another lender. I found out at the very end of the process I could not have the property purchased by my husband and myself titled in our trust where we are the ONLY trustees. But I was told I can have it retitled after the fact. Well not so easy, first I have to hire an attorney because none of the title agents I contacted will touch it. And I will have to pay for the doc stamps along with the attorney's fees assuming I can get an attorney to do it.

We purchased another property 2 months ago where we used a different lender and we had no issues with the title being in the trust. Where is the logic to a policy that will not allow for the title of a property in a trust but yet the closing staff said it is not problem to have it titled a second time after the fact into the trust? First and only time I will be doing business with Quicken/Rocket and not at all if my closing was further out allowing me to start over. If you have a trust you may reconsider using this company given this policy. I wish my banker would have informed me when I told her and after I provided a copy of my trust but she did not. The 3 stars in the customer service bucket is for the loan processor who was very good.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

My husband and I have just had the worst 4 month experience... Yes... 4 months long, of telling us we were approved over and over again, only to be turned down by the underwriters after the 16th week, and AFTER I paid $500 to have the appraisal done on the house we were 'approved' for. AFTER, the seller AND us, spent about $1000 each preparing for the move and everything that goes along with it. We were told we were pre-approved on April 4th, 2018. My husband and I both spoke to the "representative" numerous times over the next 3 months, and of course we sent in all documentation within the 1st week... ALL of it.

Over the next 3 months more forms were sent to us to be signed... many forms. In July 2018, (3 months after it all took place initially) We were contacted by one of the supposed underwriters. He told us that as long as we could pay down A, B and C by the pending closing date of August 29th, that everything would be fine. We said NO PROBLEM. Also during this time, I was prompted by the same Rep. and was told that I needed to have an appraisal done on the house at the tune of $500. I gave him my credit card over the phone and the appraisal which was scheduled and set up by THEM, was performed 4 days later.

About 1 week after that, the 'underwriter' called my husband and said "We're very sorry we can't give you the loan..." Freakin WHAT??! What are you talking about!?? The answer that was given to us was that because my husband (who has been in the same line of work for 35 years) opened up a restaurant the following year and was self-employed for 9 months, that we didn't qualify. THIS IS WHAT WAS TOLD TO THEM FROM THE BEGINNING! THEY KNEW THIS AND HAD ALL THE PAPERWORK WE SENT THEM 4 MONTHS AGO!! Did this company offer to pay back the $500 to the appraisal on a house that we were told was ours when it really wasn't??? NO.

I will never ever recommend this very deceptive, crooked mortgage company to anyone! EVER! What they did to us and the seller was beyond anything I could have imagined. We both had already invested much time, energy and money over the previous 3 1/2 months because we were told "YES!!" Signed loan papers and everything! I threw away money I didn't have on a house I also did not have because of the way they operate. Twisted Thieves. You don't tell people for 4 months that they are approved over numerous conversations, allow them to spend $500 then tell them at the very end... "Oh sorry. Nothing we can do for you." We were even told to call back in 3 months and try again... WHAT?! You already told us that there has to be 24 straight months of employment, are you high??

But... it didn't end there... Today, (a few days later) a get a phone call from the one and only "Quicken Loans" asking me if I was interested in buying or selling. Bahahaha!!! You people need to get on the same boat, are you really that wacked out?!? Take you business elsewhere people, skip over this pathetic freakshow of a company, and get yourself a private lender who aren't twisted crooks.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

The process with Quicken Loans was the easiest one we've ever done. They did our refinance in less than 3 weeks from origination to finish! That's amazing. They also have an agent come to your house to sign all the paperwork. They've been professional from start to finish, they get the job done quickly, and they keep you informed every step of the way. Everything was very easy for us to get the interest rate we wanted. They have been wonderful to work with, keep checking with us to see if the interest rate and loan terms are the best we can get, and do a good job servicing the loan we have with them. We have loved Quicken Loans and I recommend them to anyone!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I think these people are the worst. You can expect the following: Someone will call and ask you, "Did you apply for a Quicken loan, a refinance or a new build or would you like to take money out?" You say yes. They take your information, your name and ss number and any questions you have he’s going to say yes they can do it. "We can do all the rates" and he’s going to then say, "I’m going to transfer you to a specialist." The specialist comes on and takes all your information and runs your credit and then They tell you, "We can’t do it" because of whatever reason they think of. I told him from the beginning they have called me and Was told different reasons why no loan. Waste of time -10 rating.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

My experience with Quicken Loans was very negative. They seemed to get everything wrong. Horrible customer service. I would go to an actual bank every time from now on. It is much easier and feels more secure. The loans that they have are good for someone with bad credit but I would still recommend a real bank. I don't think I will use Quicken Loans ever again and I would not recommend it to my friends and family as a financial person.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

We refinanced our home about one year ago with Quicken Loans and it was the fastest closing we have ever had. Dropped our rate by several points and saved us a lot of money each month. They also have efficient service. All are done over the internet, just fill out a few forms and in about 2 days it was done.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

The process was so easy. Just pick up the phone and get started. I like the way they do everything online and keep you informed every step of the way. If you need help or an answer they pick up the phone or call you back in a timely manner. They go over your paperwork at home so you don't even have to leave the house. Quicken Loans is the best mortgage company I have ever used. They look out for you and make sure your interest rate is the lowest possible. I am so very pleased with them.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

It took a long time and at first, Quicken was slow and not very efficient. Since then, fell on difficult times and refinanced with Quicken. I had several changes of representatives handling the procedure. The first was very polite and efficient. Second was OK but only serviced account a short time. Third was rude, intractable and seemed indifferent to our situation, failing to properly respond in polite manner. This caused ill feelings. Current representative is not very nice.

On the other hand, I liked doing the process over the computer, rather than having to go to a bank or loan office. It would have taken many trips and meetings to ensure all documentation was accurate and covered. When anticipating applying for an original mortgage or refinancing, one should start by having all ducks in a row. 1 income statements from all sources, tax return from previous year, all bank statements. Be organized and prepared. Having a pdf of all documents ready to upload would help.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Quicken Loans helps me out a lot on my mortgage and I would recommend it to a group of friends. It is really nice to see help happening to help to repay a mortgage. Quicken Loans is really nice to help provide comfort if you have a mortgage. It helps you pay it back crazy quick in about 2 years and yes it helps out a mega ton. They sometimes can't reach out to you right away and it really bothers me sometimes but most of the time I am calm about it and I don't care. Also, I like the process of refinancing a loan form Quicken Loans because they give you tons of chances to earn a good amount of cash. I like the process of reaching out and looking at the offers.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

The process was very easy and it was fast and simple. They are very transparent and have several ways to make payments. I can count on everyone at Quicken Loans if I have a problem or a question and I'm very happy that I have them on my side. They have the best customer service I know of and I like everything about Quicken Loans. It has been a very good experience. It's a great loan company and I have recommend it to family and friends.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Things has been rather uneventful, but Quicken Loans is a good company. I went online and began the process which was very easy. After filling out all the necessary information I wait a few days to get an email saying that I was approved for a loan on my mortgage, I contacted them with more information and got my money in no time. But even though I got a good rate, I could have gotten a better one. Nevertheless, the process was pretty seamless and worked very well.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

My experience with Quicken Loans has been very satisfying as I have tried other mortgage companies but none of them have been able to help me in the ways Quicken Loans has through answering any questions that I have to getting me the best deal on my house to helping making the whole process very easy and simple. Things that I liked about Quicken Loans is their ability to help me get the loan I need fast and efficiently through making the whole experience very pleasant and not at all painful as other companies experiences have been. It's very simple as all you do is apply for a loan. They'll match what your financial situation to the deals they have and will offer you help in choosing the right deal.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I had a great experience with this company and we are still using their website for loan payments. The customer service was helpful and pleasant. I was extremely happy with the loan application process. Everything was done via website and the process was quick, painless, smooth and easy to navigate. The only thing that I wish could have gone better was the ability to negotiate the terms of the loan with the company. I like to speak to a person about a lower rate or shorter payback period. I would definitely recommend this company to my friends and family. In the process of applying for the loan be sure to include all sources of income. I think I would have gotten a better rate if I put all the extra income that we generate and use the ability to discuss my specific situation with a banker and get advice from them on the best loan options.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I've had 2 loans with them and I had to speak with many different people throughout the process. The first loan took a long time and was very complicated and it took me many steps before the loan was processed and finished. I would complete a step and they would tell me that that should be the last step... yet there would be four more. And I would complete them and there would be more. They asked for a lot of paperwork over and over to support my documentation and I feel like they harassed the bank I had my prior property loan with. But during the first loan process, everyone I spoke with, except for one, was very friendly and helpful. One of the people I talked to to try to resolve the ongoing problem with... was very rude.

The second loan was easier and quicker and I did not have any problems at all. The customer care representatives are, for the most part, very helpful and nice. So Quicken Loans' customer care is good to me. However, I do feel like the reason my second experience was better was because they already had all of my information from my previous loan with them.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

My experience with Quicken Loans has been very simple and straightforward. I really like that I can manage and understand my account by myself without having to call too much or have any inconsistencies. I rarely have to contact them for anything but I like how fast it is to contact them, the wait time is low and I also don’t have to be placed on hold for a simple question. I just called them up and they took care of everything for me and explained everything very simply so that I was not confused or lost at any time during the process, which I was glad about. The intimidation causes a lot of anxiety and their agents are so friendly. During my time with the company, my account has been consistent without any problems or confusions.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Quicken Loans is a great service for people looking to finance and refinance their homes. They helped me find great rates in my work area when I moved to Georgia. I like that everything can be completed online. At no point did I need to talk to an agent unless I wanted to or had questions about the rates offered. It was a quick sign up process where they asked me to fill out an application that asked me a series of questions like my income and the zip code of the home. Although the experience was great, navigating the website was difficult. It took me a while to get a handle on how to operate the system and what to look for.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I submitted my application online via their website and had someone contact me within a few minutes. It was fast and easy to do. I definitely like the ease of access to my account. I also used an app. It's great to have everything at your fingertips when needed. I paid off the loan early and was able to get a decent amount back for early payoff. But I would change the due dates to weekdays only therefore I never worry with it on weekends. That's frustrating.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I used Quicken Loans because they were the top dog in the mortgage game. They were very thorough with their customer service and followed me every step of the way. But they left me on my own as far as closing costs were concerned. I was new to the home buying game and I did not know about these costs factoring into the final price. However, I have no regrets as far as doing business with them and I would do so again as they were consummate professionals. They also treated me like a human being and not just a financial number. Good job Quicken Loans! You have a customer for life.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

The process of getting approved for Quicken Loans is very easy and most of it can be done over the internet. And if you are working with a real estate agent, that makes it even easier, because in my case the real estate agent was able to tell me step by step how to apply for the loan on the computer. I like how easy it was to understand the application process with Quicken Loans. They were also very accommodating and giving you a response very quickly. But once you are approved and you start making payments, as far as customer service, and finding someone live to talk to about the status of your mortgage, it is very difficult to get help. It is hard to find out answers to simple questions like whether you can double up your payments and whether there is a penalty for paying ahead of time.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Quicken Loans has been a great mortgage provider. I currently have them, and they make all aspects hassle free. They got me approved quickly and had my online account setup to pay ASAP. I had no issues getting setup with the mortgage at all. The rep answered my question immediately too. I have had no trouble paying the mortgage, and have only had to call in once when I first got my mortgage through them for my current house (was with a different provider before) to ask about payment methods. Everything about Quicken Loans mortgage has been great.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

It was a great experience and I would definitely recommend dealing with Quicken Loans for a mortgage. The application process was easy to complete and went quickly. It can all be done online, no pages and pages to print out or sign. You can always call customer service if you need any help and customer service was always available if I needed help with my application. Customer service is great too. The mortgage is easy to pay each month as well. There is an option to pay your mortgage online too.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I like how Quicken Loans handles my loan nicely, and relieves me from the stress of mortgaging my home. Quicken Loans is indeed quick, and I liked how they managed my costs of mortgage. It really helped me out quite a bit. I prefer an easy smooth process which Quicken Loans offers. The experience was overall positive and the price was manageable. Quicken Loans is a very good company I can trust wholeheartedly and I would definitely recommend it to anyone going through the same experience I did.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

We have been fairly satisfied with their service. Their online service seems very modern and user friendly. I like the process of using the online interface to log in and manage payments and see the most recent balance. It is all presented very well and makes a lot of sense. Although I usually interact with them using their online offerings, I initially applied over the phone and it all went smoothly enough and I was glad to get it over with.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Quicken Loans has been a very good mortgage company. So far, from my few years of being with them I have never encountered any errors and any problems with them, but I have heard some negative reviews. Overall, I am a big fan of Quicken Loans. I save an average of $7900 from them and has honestly been a great money saver and I would recommend it to anybody.

Not sure about Quicken Loans?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Mortgage Lenders for you.

Quicken Loans expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Quicken Loans is an online mortgage lending company. Founded as Rock Financial in 1985, Quicken changed course in the 1990s to focus on online lending and has since become a leading mortgage lender.

• Refinance information: Quicken’s website has a host of information for consumers looking to refinance their mortgages. A list of frequently asked questions, a direct line to a home loan expert, a list of required documents for refinancing and numerous other bits of advice are all located easily on the front page.

• Dedicated HARP page: Because HARP is in effect until September 2017, consumers still have the opportunity to see if they qualify for HARP refinancing. Quicken provides a comprehensive guide to HARP loan modification including eligibility information and answers to frequently asked questions.

• Zing blog: Quicken’s featured Zing blog contains relevant articles not only about home ownership and mortgage refinancing but also about lifestyle topics like gardening and technology. Quicken regularly updates this blog to keep information current and topics varied.

• Online calculators: Whether a consumer wants to refinance their home loan, is looking for a new home or wants to see the impact of making additional payments on their existing loan, Quicken offers free online tools to calculate estimated savings and expenses. The online mortgage, refinancing and amortization calculators are easy to use and provide instant financial estimates.

• Mortgage comparisons: Quicken provides a loan comparison chart, so consumers can see the various loans Quicken offers at a glance. The chart has brief descriptions of the loans with links to more information and application pages for each loan.

• Best for: Quicken is best for consumers looking for instant information about mortgage refinancing.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
    ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Quicken Loans Company Information

www.quickenloans.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business