2.70/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Looking for a mortgage provider?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Quicken Loans

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 12, 2017

3365 Quicken Loans Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I'm both sad and annoyed. I've successfully been using Quicken for many years. The first time I installed Quicken, it was from 3.5-inch disks. After the transition from Intuit (releases 14 and 15), Quicken has become a nightmare. Downloading transactions from investment, bank, and credit-card accounts is now completely reliable. Previously -- prior to release 14 -- it was perfect; no problems at all. Now, it's one error message after another. I've followed the recommendations to reset the accounts more times than I can count. I receive messages that the reset was successful. Nothing improves.

My favorite Quicken error message in trying to access online accounts is something like "try again in a few days"! To me, the real message is "We've screwed everything up so bad we don't know what to do now, but give us a few days and maybe we'll figure it out." Sorry, but a useful, usable Quicken died when this new company took over. Do not buy it.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Started refi-loan process was told 45 days no problem... 4 months later still in progress. I have been involved in real estate transactions/loans over 30 times. This company does not know what they are doing... AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

After an extended amount of time and constant demands for more submittals and added costs to secure a new VA Loan thru Quicken. I intended to change my current sliding interest VA loan to a fixed rate loan, with another mortgage company. It was demanded that I pay for an appraisal ($450.00), A termite bond ($350.00) and fax after faxes. (I had a current VA Loan and I was trying to get a new VA Loan). The final straw was the demand to change my tax forms to show that I owed no taxes. I owed nothing and had filed by e-filing. I call the IRS and was told that changing anything would be breaking a federal law. When call Quicken to report this I was rudely told that change it or else. I selected or else.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I called a month before I started looking for a loan, preapproved me over the phone no issues, sent them all of my banking info, found a house and was ready to go through with the loan a month later. I called Louis my P.O.C. who said I would have to come up with $7,500 instead of the $4,500 he stated at first because of $7,500 worth of student loans. When I told him I was not interested in the loan if it was for that much he began to try to ask if I knew anyone who would "gift" me the remaining balance... I quickly got offended due to the feeling of being baited and switched and looked to get a cosigner.

Even with the cosigner he attempted to get $7,500 for downpayment with a cosigner with 650 credit score... At this point I got in contact with another finance company... When I told Louis this he insulted me saying that maybe I was not ready to get a house due to the lack of desire coming up with an additional $3,000 as the originally stated price was and sent a letter stating insufficient funds because I informed him I was checking into another company with zero down potential or less than $4,000 down payment option... waste of time. Go with a credit union or another finance company.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

DO NOT USE Quicken Loans. What they do is bait you in with high promises of good interest rates and low monthly payments only to slowly gradually change the monthly payments later on in the process. Here's what happened to me: Quicken approached me offering to refinance my home loan. I told quicken that I don't think I can refinance because the value of the home is probably lower than what I owe due to the market bubble bursting. They claim to have done "research" that suggested that my house worth was about 50,000 more than what I owed, so we begin the process. We got about a week and a half into the process with me filling out all sorts of documents and providing all sorts of proof of employment, bank balance, property taxes payment etc. Then they had an appraiser come out.

Quicken then called me and said the appraisal report and said that my home worth was less than what I owe and that was determined based on sales in the surrounding area. I said to them that they should have done that same research about what was sold in the area before we started the loan because I originally told them that was the case. They said the numbers they pulled initially were incorrect. Basically they just baited me into the process thinking that the sheer momentum of the loan refinance process would cause me to go forward. I canceled the entire process so now I just have a pull on my credit for nothing. DO NOT USE THEM.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quicken Loans?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

My husband and I were very hesitant to use Quicken after reading some reviews. I expressed my concerns to my loan team and let her know I really didn’t have that deposit money to lose. She understood and assured me no matter what my house appraised at that we would be able to refi and save money even if we didn’t pull any money out. Our home appraisal came in way over what we thought it would. We went ahead with the loan. Would recommend them highly.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I bought first house with iFreedom Direct. They never gave me any stress during loan process. I tried to buy second house with Quicken Loans. They told me I am pre-approved. I did all e-sign, did all their request. After they charged me $400 faith deposit whatever, they said they can't be sure I am approved. They request for more paper works and start to drag time while my apt lease time is right there. I didn't want to be homeless because of Quicken Loans slow job. So I quit loan with them. It was so unpleasant experience and no communication. Nothing. This is real harassment for disable veteran!!! Do not go to Quicken Loans for your mortgage. Waste time. PS: I never have to pay $400 in front with other mortgage companies!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

SCAM!!! I applied for a ML in May 2017. I was told I was pre-approved. My original mortgage lender agent assured me that everything was ok. Constantly, I sent him everything he requested. I questioned things that was not necessary. Such as, 2 years of bank statements versus having sending 2 years of W2's and my income taxes. He never submitted most of the paperwork. Every week he needed the same documents faxed or emailed; which was very costly to fax it.

Once the underwriters started processing, they asked for the same documents that were sent to him. I became furious. Quicken Loans must not be a real business. The processors were not organized. I had too many people working on my files, who could not and would not provide me with legitimate answers. Where are all the documents my agent received multiple times and why didn't the underwriters receive it? Excuses, lies, my $500 fees was not refunded. I continued to be passed until 5 different employees who were "processing" my loan. I was promised a quick closing, but the date was pushed back three times.

Eventually, a few days before closing, I was told they couldn't approve my mortgage loan. The agent called me from a number belonging to the original agent; saying he was not him. This new agent said I could not have any debt, whereas, my auto was the only debt, which was acceptable during the pre-approval stages. Reducing my other debt of less than $500 a few months before closings only to hear, I should not have any debt.

Whereas, I know people that have more debt than I did that were approved for mortgage loan with more than $15,0000 of debt; be approve for a home loan. The worst case scenario, I lost all the earnest money I put down on the home, the seller did not appreciate the back and forth closing date. That was the worst mortgage lending experience I ever had. They lied, mislead me and the Realtor Team that was assisting me. Quicken Loans need to be deeply investigated and forced by an attorney to pay back each and every person they mislead, misused and lied to; especially if they paid them money who did not get their loan approved after being told they would. That company should be closed down!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

We love Quicken Loans. We refinanced our loan to a 10-year loan and saved thousands of dollars. It was easy and we did it over the computer. We just paid it off and they sent us a thank you cheesecake!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

My husband has been working with Quicken Loans now for almost 3 months. Tried for one house and was underbid. Then tried for this house. He had signed contract and faxed it back. Now they want to change him from 25 year fixed at $593 a month payments. Now they resend contract for 15 years at fixed rate at $766 a month. We were supposed to close October 16th. Now they're jacking around and not closing until October 27th. If he does not agree to the new contract then they will refuse his loan.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

We placed our home up for sale due to financial problems. We received and accepted an offer with 3 days of listing. Notified Quicken every step of the way of the process. We checked on property at least 3 times a week and kept Quicken informed. Seven days before closing date they sent our home into foreclosure review just so they could charge us $925. Our home sold for listing price so they were not losing any money but Quicken is greedy and just wanted more money. Quicken did not even inform us of this fee.

Quicken Loans are gold diggers and they say they wouldn't send our home to foreclosure because we were closing in a few days. We did not find out until after closing about the foreclosure fee but was told the amount of our check at closing was less due to taxes that were overlooked. Watch out for Quicken Loans because when and if times get a little rough they will not help you!!! They do not stand behind what their representatives say to you even though they say all calls are monitored and recorded. DON'T DEAL WITH QUICKEN LOANS OR YOU WILL REGRET IT SOONER OR LATER.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I phoned to inquire about a refi, the first few minutes is the only nice thing I have to say about Quicken Loans. But soon after, the true nature of this company revealed itself. I listened contently through all the fast talk promising a solution to ALL my concerns, but when I started asking questions, the tone of the conversation turned. Without answering my questions, I was told papers were being sent out to my house via UPS, they needed my credit card number to start the process (how strange, I'm calling to get financial help and you think I have $500 to pay you... Major red flag with bells and whistles started flashing in my head).

As promised, UPS arrived early the next morning with a crapload of papers that needed my signature, followed by a early morning (7am to be exact) phone call, hard selling me on how great their offer was. In the end, I realized this company should be shut down, they prey on people who are desperate because any rational thinking person would tell them (like I did) to take their loans and quickly shove them where the sun don't shine. These idiots, really thought they had a live one. CONSUMER BEWARE!!!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Don't say I didn't warn you!!! They are unprofessional, misleading, run your credit without your permission and their interests rates costs you thousands!!! Don't be fooled by the awards they claim to have. They are the most horrible mortgage lender and one day soon they will be held accountable for their unethical business practices.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

After a disastrous experience with another company (New American Funding), I still needed to refinance my home. So, one day, an unknown number lit up my cell phone, and unlike my normal response (ignore unknown numbers), I answered. It was a representative from Quicken Loans. I was once bitten and twice shy, but I was also clear that I needed to refinance to get out from under an 11-year-old ARM @ 7.85% (threatening to go up). In short, Quicken's online message portal, online approach to documentation, and ease of closing made me fall in love with a mortgage company. And, after spending several years as a professional Realtor, I had come to hate most mortgage companies. There were no surprises (except for the ease of the entire process), there were no unpleasant delays. Would recommend this to anyone!!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Having used Quicken Personal Finance products and Quicken's TurboTax going back as far as the early 1980's, it is a brand name that I have long trusted & recommended. Therefore, when I needed a mortgage loan, I naively contacted Quicken Loans with a sense of confidence. What a mistake. Quite simply my wife and I both have credit scores over 800 and cash assets over four times the mortgage amount requested with a 20% down payment. We were not approved and were insultingly asked to pay off a couple of interest-free credit cards with meaningless balances that wouldn't buy a hand push lawnmower. When we stated that we were indignant, we immediately cancelled our application and requested a return of our deposit. Quicken Loans literally moved with light speed to "steal" our $500 deposit which we had been told was a "good faith" deposit. Don't be confused about "good faith," in our case it was a metaphor for theft.

I know that there have been economic problems in Detroit in recent years and that Quicken Loans is cited as a shining star company in the Motor City comeback story but the way that we was treated by Quicken Loans certainly did nothing to foster a positive image. All we got was empty dialogue and no refund of our "good faith" deposit. If you are considering doing business with Quicken Loans, I would suggest that you head "Quickly" in some other direction. Suffice it to say that we were horrified by the company's superficial professionalism but underhanded behavior. This is not "fake news," it's reality. Why this review? What else can one do when dealing with a behemoth of a mortgage company carefully protected by a legal team who obviously doesn't have your best interest at heart. You are hereby being warned by an innocent consumer victim like yourself.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Literally, the first thing the loan rep told me was, "Quicken Loans does not sell your loan." It is the first thing that I have down in my notes. Have made my first few payments to QL and just received notice that the loan has been transferred to Dollar Bank. WTF?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I first contacted Quicken Loans in mid-August 2017. My contact was Mo **, purchase mortgage banker licensed in Nevada. After I contracted to buy a house, I provided all the information needed online to obtain the mortgage loan through Quicken Loans. Mo contacted me several times by email and phone. When I submitted all of the paperwork online, many of which they misplaced or lost in the system along the way, and after many days invested into this, Mo finally called me to say that he needed $500 FOR AN APPRAISAL OF THE HOUSE I WAS BUYING.

He asked if I wanted to use a credit card to pay for the appraisal. I provided my credit card information to him. A couple of days later my realtor informed me that an appraisal was not needed by Quicken Loans. I contacted Mo and asked him when the $500 was going to be returned (my credit card balance was ready to be paid which included the appraisal fee). Mo informed me that he used the $500 appraisal fee to pay for a $500 loan processing fee that he also needed to collect from me. I told him that it was unethical to subjectively change the reason why he debited my credit card without informing me in advance if it were okay. Further, Mo never ever told me that a $500 loan processing fee was to be paid in order to process my loan application.

By then, I went through all the hoops of providing my personal and confidential documents to obtain a loan and I wasted 10-12 days into the scheduled date of finalizing my house purchase before ever hearing about his need to collect a $500 loan processing fee and his misuse of my credit card to pay for this fee. It was aggravating to know that someone like Mo can easily and subjectively use client's credit card information for fulfilling their purpose. Beware!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

The only stress I had during the entire loan process was from reading the awful reviews here. From the very beginning it was very easy. Paul ** advised me on the type of loan and costs involved. There were no surprises. Did I have to send them paperwork and proof of income? Yes. They never asked for duplicate copies of anything. That is what you do with every loan. There was great communication from Paul ** and then Jillian **. Any question I had was answered in minutes. My home was appraised at the value I expected. I had to make a few minor repairs, but that was due to Federal guidelines, not Quicken. My loan was completed in a month. Great experience and I would recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Do not waste your time & money with Quicken Loans for refinancing. They are unethical and waste your time. I spent enormous amounts of time sending them documentation, told to withdraw funds from my retirement, and that I qualified. I gave them $500 to proceed and they sent out an appraiser. Afterwards they told me I did not qualify unless I took out $1,800/month from my retirement account which would have depleted my funds in several years. I told them this was not an option and to refund my deposit. They told me I did not qualify for the loan since I refused to withdraw $1,800 from my retirement, but I was responsible to pay their appraisal fee. Their closer was extremely rude and unethical. WARNING: DO NOT USE QUICKEN LOANS!!!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

Quicken preapproved us for a house and only a 1 percent we would have to pay for closing. When we found the house $6000 cheaper than the approved price all of a sudden we had to come up with $10,000 more than originally told. We did not have that kind of money and lost the house. If they had not preapproved us for the amount originally we would never have looked for a house that expensive. The whole experience was awful and I will never go with Quicken for anything again. In my opinion they get your hopes up and then don't care how they crush you.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

Single disabled mother, 1st time home, or mortgage loan owner. Refinanced with Quicken Loans year 2014. After much needed paperwork sent, proof of income etc. Second or third time. An assessor did stop by our home. Was surprised he didn't seem interested in looking around much. The assessor sent by Quicken Loans asked what price I originally bought home? I told assessor. It was not until I had applied for a city fix your home grant that I learned that there is lead based paint inside and out. The bedroom windows needed be bigger in case of any fire. There would need be a firewall between the kitchen and garage. The bad bathroom remodel by previous owners could mean mold and the main bathroom needed be gutted and remodeled correctly. The back door needed replaced with a bold lock. There were many things needed be done per their guidelines.

I was going to get these things fixed until I learned that the grant money was actually two separate loans adding more monthly cost. I asked Quicken Loans what they were using for income with no reply. After receiving closing documents to sign. Which I was told I didn't need read the book of information as it was all the same as talked about over the phone on many occasions. After signing I realized that my SSDI income had also been inflated by 300$ per month. And I cannot say for sure if Quicken Loans used both son's SSDI they received due to my disabilities. Those were each raised about 100$ And my son's would be 18 before 3 years. I was told they need use 3 years verifiable income in a mortgage loan by a housing counselor. So the home worth was inflated by about 20,000$ and income inflated by about 500$ per month! As I realized this was wrong by Quicken Loans.

I tried calling to let know how it was becoming impossible to make home payment of over 600$ and all bills off from the SSDI I Received. Asked for a modification was told by Quicken they wanted to do a refinance. Got on three way call with hope program representative. Ms. **. We both tried getting Quicken Loans to understand that a refinance would not benefit me and my families situation. Quicken Loans after sending a letter to the attorney General Lori **. Talking with the hope program, did give me a (trial modification)? This was a four month period to make payments on time? I had bought the home in 2009. And refinanced in 2014 with Quicken. I had not been late with a payment. I did however find that Quicken Loans ruined my credit falsely and purposefully! From over 700 to 518. Reporting false late payments 8! And at least 4-5 hard credit inquiries! I called Quicken to ask why ruin my credit?

I was told that I had been told that the (trial modification) would affect my credit. We Quicken Loans and I had both agreed on the amount per month. I asked why all the hard credit checks with no reply. This can all be proven with bank when money was deposited and taken out by Quicken Loans. I had a home analysis done by a realtor friend told that the home maybe worth in the 80-90,000 range without needed repairs.

I had the home paid down in the low 70,000$ and after balloon note and going with bad mortgage lender the money owed on a need of repairs home is up in the 90,000$ was told I could not afford the home you're going to need walk away. I could not physically move and my sons would be in their Sr year this house had become our home. Quicken had also assessed a two bedroom upstarts laundry with no vents as a three bedroom home as I had use the laundry room as a bedroom after water problems again previous owners. We are stuck! No credit. No money to move. I do not understand how human beings can sleep taking advantage of others and their children. I do understand that the owner is very rich. As no attorney I spoke with would help me after told them the name of the mortgage company to big of an entity! I honestly do not know how much longer before in streets.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I was contacted by Justin ** and after him Austin ** from Quicken Loans to refinance with no cost my loan with them, since they could lower a whole point and I wanted to shorten the term of my Loan to 15yrs. After 3 weeks on back and forth and them making me pay all different credit cards. So that way we could be fine. Our payment is $2720 now and we send $3000 every month.

Anyways the new payment was going to be $3249 so really worth all the way, But after all the troubles I had to go through and all the promises that I should disregard whatever they kept on asking for since I had already sent it to them, Today I got a called from Brandon ** telling me that I didn't qualify. I am really disappointed since I never hid anything from them and I went out of my way to pay thing to and to get them every single paper they needed, all of a sudden they say, “Sorry but you don't qualify”. Very aggravating and all I have to say is if you can find another Company go ahead since Quicken Loans promises you the World and it doesn't deliver.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

After receiving many solicitations via mail I finally called out of curiosity to see what rates they could offer on a refi. Without my permission they made a hard inquiry on my credit and told me I was approved! Not exactly what I planned but Jacob ** double talked me into the ground with "almost, about, close, not that much" etc. The next thing I knew I was e-signing countless documents while Mr. ** was "walking me through the process" pressuring me to hurry up. Somewhere along the line I was fool enough to let them get my credit card number and charge $500 for I don't know what.

Two days after the con job I wrote the legions of people assigned to my account and told them all that I was not going to proceed with the loan and to return my money. Well, I haven't seen a thin dime back and feel like I have been scammed by the best. The bright side here is: As impossible as Quicken was to deal with when they want to sell you, I can only imagine what it would be if they held the mortgage over anyone's head. Be very careful of these people. They want you to believe that their J.D. Power awards are meaningful but real meaning is real world service, honesty and integrity. Something Quicken sorely lacks.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Initial experience was positive, until the details came... Suddenly I could no longer talk to Mr. Thomas **, I was subordinated to Mr. Ken **. That's where the reeling started. First it was review this document, provide that one, agree to this new estimate etc. Then, as mentioned by other reviewers, the appraisal... basement level service from Mr. Leonard ** from Key Realty & Appraisal. Address on appraisal was wrong, notations about solar cells ownership was presumed, and wrong, improvements to home in square footage, efficiency etc. was presumed none, and again was wrong.

Quicken will not contest the appraisal without me doing the legwork. Since that really is not my responsibility (although it is VERY important to me) I refuse to do work for work I've already paid for. As a result of the 60% price/sq. ft. relative to the comps and the errors, the appraisal was severely underrated, and the loan will not work. VERY bad customer service near the end, a lot of waiting with no action. Very grateful that this lesson only cost me the $500 for the "appraisal" lesson.

Shame, shame. As I did, I went in with my eyes open, and saw what a farce this can be. Do yourself a favor, and present yourself to a loan officer face to face, not over the internet. Suggestion, never do business with Quicken Loans... quickenloans.com.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Quicken's Rocket Mortgage gave us a really great rate! So we locked it. Then the emails arrived with the great rate and a bunch of points! We complained for a week and would not sign documents until we finally got our original rate with no points (we had a screenshot of the rate lock FYI). At this point of course we were highly motivated to close with our great rate and no points. Quicken - not so motivated. We provided every document in a timely manner and inquired frequently what we could do to get to closing. Nothing. After the first "free" 2 week extension on the rate lock - where nothing happened and we were asked for no documents, we were told in writing that for the next extension "Often times if the delay is beyond your control, there is not [a fee], but I do not have access to that information."

We were sent closing documents 2 days after the second extension - and AFTER speaking with "our" Mortgage Banker - and found points added to our closing costs with no notice. We asked politely for a review - but were told we could not have that rate without points - clearly Quicken never intended to honor the original promise. Very disappointing, but by then you are months in and the rates had gone up. Still feels like bait and switch to me. Otherwise the technology makes for a fairly easy loan process - the people were pretty competent, I just wish the company had acted in good faith and I don't feel they did.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I started with the inquiry thru Facebook just to see what I can afford and how much my payments would be. After getting a call and reviewing my information. Which was all accurate I was lied to and said I was approved for a loan. I was told that they give me a real estate agent and all I needed was 3.5% for a down payment. Look at a lot of houses and when I found the one I wanted I was told, "No. You will also need the closing upfront to even put in an offer." Which I was never told in the beginning and when I was given an estimate of my payment which were 300 more than I can afford I ask for a supervisor.

Once I was given a supervisor Which told me he look into. Which he did on his own pace and then he gave me a thing with saying that he sent me new paperwork. Which I receive and was told 7 days later that it was inaccurate the whole time. I then I ask for his supervisor which I was told that he get into contact with me. Which he said that he look into it only if he ran my credit report again. So I allowed just to be told that it's 5% not 3.5% and that they can't help me and I was never approve. Only thing I was given was a 500 credit to use for my next home. But I'm very suspicious of them now.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I am in the process of shopping for mortgages and one of the companies that a family friend had recommended to me was Quicken Loans. Interested, I went to their website and was taken back by the fact that I was able to speak to a live person, Brad **, at 10 o'clock at night. We started chatting, but I wasn't able to give him consent to pull my credit out of concerns for another inquiry on my credit report. He reached out to me once the following day and again the day after that, but I was unable to answer the phone.

After work, I was able to call him back and continue on through the process. Within 5 minutes of our conversation, he was asking for a credit/debit card to cover the $500 Good Faith fee, which was the reason for taking away maybe half a star. I told him we could go ahead once I had seen the numbers, but I was driving so I asked if he could call me back when I got home. He called me back when he said he would and walked through each of the numbers with me. At first glance the loan estimate I received was in the ballpark given the other loan estimates I have. The reason I took the other half a star away was that I really had to push to be given one night to look over the numbers. Most companies would be glad to give you a day, unless they had something to hide or a reason to rush, so that peaked my interest. Nonetheless, he gave me the night to review the information and scheduled a call the next day at 3 PM.

The rest of the night and the next morning I reviewed the numbers and between the low PMI and the lower APR, the loan estimate was actually better than any other offers I had. With the numbers looking good, I went onto the reviews. Brad's reviews were glowing on the Quicken loans website, but they all seemed to be from the 2015/2016 time frame. I still was a little timid given the pushback I received while asking for the night to review, so I continued my search online when I came across ConsumerAffairs. That is when I got a really bad taste in my mouth based on reviews. A similar pattern emerged from the reviews, which was a great first impression, but as consumers continued through the process it seemed to get worse and worse. Nonetheless, I owed it to Brad to at least receive his call and talk to him about it given the time he spent with me.

At 3 o'clock sharp the next afternoon, Brad called and I gave him the news that because of the trend of reviews from ConsumerAffairs, I would not be proceeding with Quicken Loans. I explained to him that the risk of having one of the horror stories I read about far outweighed the cost of going with another company (which is my credit union). He understood and did ask for the reviews I was referring to. Being a good salesman, he also tried to persuade me to continue with them, but he knew I wasn't going to budge from my decision.

At the end of the call, he wished my family and I a very happy birthday weekend (something I told him about the day before) and that was it. I can't rate the quality of their loans, but the first impression was above average given the experiences I have had with other companies. If I got to deal with someone like Brad throughout the life of the loan, I would have strongly considered Quicken Loans, but like I said before it wasn't worth the risk.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Quicken Loans rep never answered a direct question with a direct answer. Promised to put us in a federal grant program based on our verified financial information then called and said we didn't qualify even though we paid the deposit based on their rep saying we did. They refused to refund the deposit even when we pointed out that they pushed us into the product and refused to honor the final lock in rate. They are simply dishonorable sales shysters.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Went great in the beginning. Then they start passing you on to other employees. This is an assembly line Loan company. Was getting close to my closing date when all of a sudden the so called "Senior" loan officer jacks up my closing costs over $4,000! They were charging me almost 3 points. I guess they assumed I would proceed with the close. I dropped them immediately and contacted a local banking institution explaining my situation. They welcomed me with a lower APR % and also lower closing costs. I'm out my Appraisal money already paid to Quicken but will save thousands in the long run by ditching them. Stay away from these sharks. Run away.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

Advise-talk to a Realtor - get a local loan institution. I was contacted repeated by an agent who offered a 3.125% 15 YEAR refinance. It was contingent on a $500 assessment. I declined repeatedly until they lowered the cost to $250 and repeated assured me it would be a formality. The insurance company assessed it at 340K (this is a National Historic property - circa 1790, that was restored at about 500k). Lakefront, acre in rear. Assessor came and explained due to the nature of the property, it would take about a week to finish. That evening, the "Reconciliation Advisor" called with an alternative 4% 30-year mortgage! I only have 15 years on the mortgage I already have at that rate! They had everything in place to walk off with my $250.

The initial confidence man, the assessor, the Reconciliation agent and finally the Executive office, who challenged me to do my own research with comps. As I have explained many times; there are no comps. No one has a 200-year-old house nearby (next door is another on the National Registry, circa 1830, and was on the market some years back for over a million. The house next to that went for 500K (new house) last year. They assessed my house at 230-$110K less than the insurance company). Beware of anyone who tries to do things over the phone, especially finance corporations and health care scams. This is a criminal institution.

Quicken Loans expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Quicken Loans is an online mortgage lending company. Founded as Rock Financial in 1985, Quicken changed course in the 1990s to focus on online lending and has since become a leading mortgage lender.

• Refinance information: Quicken’s website has a host of information for consumers looking to refinance their mortgages. A list of frequently asked questions, a direct line to a home loan expert, a list of required documents for refinancing and numerous other bits of advice are all located easily on the front page.
    • Dedicated HARP page: Because HARP is in effect until September 2017, consumers still have the opportunity to see if they qualify for HARP refinancing. Quicken provides a comprehensive guide to HARP loan modification including eligibility information and answers to frequently asked questions.
    • Zing blog: Quicken’s featured Zing blog contains relevant articles not only about home ownership and mortgage refinancing but also about lifestyle topics like gardening and technology. Quicken regularly updates this blog to keep information current and topics varied.
    • Online calculators: Whether a consumer wants to refinance their home loan, is looking for a new home or wants to see the impact of making additional payments on their existing loan, Quicken offers free online tools to calculate estimated savings and expenses. The online mortgage, refinancing and amortization calculators are easy to use and provide instant financial estimates.
    • Mortgage comparisons: Quicken provides a loan comparison chart, so consumers can see the various loans Quicken offers at a glance. The chart has brief descriptions of the loans with links to more information and application pages for each loan.
    • Best for: Quicken is best for consumers looking for instant information about mortgage refinancing.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs