3.48/5
Based on 2,253 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Quicken Loans

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Quicken Loans Reviews

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I obtained a loan from Quicken a few years ago; and it's still being serviced by them. What I HATE is their constant phone calls (weekends, anytime) offering refinance, despite my repeated requests to STOP. It's ridiculous that they have no internal coordination to stop customer contacts when directed to do so. Instead, they conduct an assault by multiple agents, several calls a day. I had at least 5 calls to me yesterday (Sunday), AFTER I told them to stop calling!! I don't think I'll ever use them again due to this blitz campaigning.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I called Quicken Loans regarding a loan to consolidate credit card debt. I talked to one sales person and he forwarded application paperwork to apply for a loan to refinance our mortgage. We dropped the inquiry. Another salesman from Quicken Loans called, and I spoke with him to get additional information about what he was proposing. His final offer was a 30-year fixed mortgage to refinance our entire mortgage and credit card debt. We were not interested in doing that. It made no sense to me or my husband to refinance and start over with a 30-year mortgage with a higher mortgage payment than we were making to pay off credit cards. We got another call from Quicken Loans agent. I called Quicken Loans and advised that we were not interested in pursuing this type of loan and to drop everything. I did not hear further from Quicken Loans until a week or so after that call. Then, my husband received a denial of credit letter from Quicken Loans.

The letter was addressed to my husband and not to me. I called Quicken Loans' "Client Relations team" phone number listed in the denial letter. The "team" member advised they have form letters but not for every situation, and the form letter that was sent to us was probably one that was chosen to just close the loan process. This was infuriating since the letter indicates that all credit reporting agencies would receive a report of a denied loan and denied credit. That a company as big as Quicken Loans does not have a proper form letter for a customer who closes the application process is ridiculous, but it seems to me that in this situation, Quicken Loans has acted illegally and unethically.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

19 hours before closing and get a call that the Loan Company, Quicken, is holding off closing because they say that they don't have an Insurance Binder (that they received 3 days earlier). The whole experience has been like this. Hopping through one hoop and then ten more to make closing and now this. Don't use Quicken or Rocket Mortgage. They've yet to learn how to interact with borrowers to get it through to closing date. If you get a loan officer named Marjeta ** ask for another. Another thing Quicken/Rocket Mortgage doesn't list a superior so you're on your own.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I was refinancing my existing mortgage with Quicken but experienced a 2.5 month waiting period, awful communication, constant follow up and overall awful customer service. Spoke to over 10 people in the course of 2 months. They don't have their stuff together and ended up going elsewhere. Never again.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

For the past two weeks, we have made multiple to attempts to close our loan application with Quicken due to a handful of odd communications between AMROCK, their closing firm, and our realtors. All realtors involved suggested we switch to another lender immediately which we have been trying to do for two weeks to no avail. When you have a problem with Quicken, the person assigned to your account just gives up and sends you to a 1-800 number in Detroit. We spoke with someone who promised us it would be handled within 24-48 hrs.

Two weeks later, I just received a message from someone else saying "We have been trying to reach you, if you don't get back to us tonight we will be withdrawing your account and you'll have to apply again." No one contacted us and we are being threatened with the exact thing we asked them to do. This has been unprofessional and nauseating. I would NEVER trust Quicken or Rocket Mortgage to handle my child's piggy bank, let alone a mortgage. Do not work with these people as you will find yourself in big trouble if something out of the ordinary should arise.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quicken Loans?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

We close on our loan with Quicken Loans back in August of 2014. We had to jump through a bunch of Hoops like everyone is saying but I would have rather have jump through the Hoops that we did than to be denied the loan like many other places did. The reason you're jumping through the Hoops is because you aren't great candidate for the loan that's why other places are possibly denying is alone but Quicken Loans goes out on a limb and allows you to work through those who plays like we had a judgment that was holding us back but they allowed us to just get approval of satisfaction instead of actually having to wait through it to go through court and being documented through courts as long as we have the satisfaction note from the attorney our loan was approved. It was a pain getting it but it was all worth it.

So here we are 5 years later and work a month behind on our payments. And no matter what we do we can't seem to catch up because we could getting hit with different expenses. I just wanted to give a review for our account resolution specialist Ashley **. We didn't get a chance to talk we only use the chat online, but I was really pleased with how punctual she was with everything and she was just overall really sweet. It's kind of hard to feel that through texting but she made it possible. And I just wanted to give a big thanks for sending the $100 gift card for us to grab some quick meals while our kiddos are going through the tough time that they are.

She had asked me why we were behind on payments, as we are in the middle of a loan modification, and I told her both of our children had gotten sick. One has ITP and the other one has Chiari malformation and it's just been a struggle with everything being back and forth to work and she so kindly sent over a gift card for $100 for us to help us out with food. So not only were we behind on payments but she also helped us out by sending us $100 gift card and I am truly grateful. I'm glad I went out on a limb and took a chance with Quicken Loans because it has been all worth it. Even jumping through the hoops.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I like doing business with them. Just from the start of processing they help me a lot from getting information and during start of the loan they assist me to get loan from the bank and for the mortgage that I can afford to pay that it will not going to break my leg to pay the monthly mortgage. That it will just get into my wallet that I still able to live my life. They will keep me posted every updated that they have with the load that I am doing with them until I finally gotten and paid my mortgage.

They have all the expert that will going to help you doing the process until to the last payment to make more worth payable to the client and that will not going to hold back to the expenses. They keep doing the follow - up to make more correspond to the business and give the property to make it worth to have. It is clear and be more worth using them.

They make sure that I will be happy working with them and give their best to give me the information that I needed with the property that I am working with them to make it clear and that I will not going to have any problem in the future regarding with the property. It was excellent and makes me more reliable and good experience doing business to them. It makes me more going to use this business for the future. They will going to make great process and program to make things work in both sides to make the payment more easier and not so much hard for both parties.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Before I give my review, I have to make a disclaimer. I recently closed on my house (4/16/19), but while I was going through this process, I stayed on these review sites looking at user reviews. There was so much negativity concerning QL, that I was scared to death. I thought about leaving and was regretting my choice of Loan Company. I was waiting for the call that I have been denied, since a lot of reviews talk about last minute denials. I was stressed. I say that to say this: YOUR experience and situation is unique to you. Yes, it is nice to try and gain knowledge, but don’t be discouraged by what you read on these sites. I experienced hardly anything that I read from past reviewers. Every situation is different so what you read may not fit you. Please keep that in mind.

With that said, my experience was easy and fast. From the time I applied online, I got a call from Brandon and right there, he was in my corner. He was not pushy or did I feel like a number. Of course his job to get paid; what’s wrong with that? However, he was not overbearing or anything. He explained to me the process and from there, it was just a matter of getting pre-qualified. That took all of five minutes.

From there, it was just the normal procedure of pre-approval, getting paperwork, underwriting, etc. Yes, they ask for a lot of paperwork and there were times when I questioned why you needed that. But I gave them what they wanted IN A TIMELY MANNER. When I got my disclosures, Brandon explained to me line by line what each one meant. He explained fees, points, choices of interest rates, everything. Again, I had did research so I wanted to see if what he said matched up to what I learned. It did. At no time I felt I was being taken advantage of.

This company believes in communication, sometimes to a fault, but that is ok. My questions were answered swiftly and accurately. When I had a concern, they were there. At no time I felt alone and that was important to me a first time home buyer. When I ask a question and we finished talking, they always said “you are welcome”. This triggered an email stating that you have a message. That part was a bit too nice because you think there is something important in your account, but again, that is my thing. Too much is better than not enough.

When it came time to close, I have my closing docs a week before closing. This allowed me to schedule a time with my lawyer that worked best for both of us. We signed three days early and come that Tuesday, QL had funded the loan before I even had my keys to the house and was registered in Deeds. QL was awesome. Again, this is my experience. My experience was stressful, but looking back, it was super smooth. Everyone was friendly and knowledgeable. I am a fan of QL and will sing their praises everywhere I go. Thank you QL!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I have always been a America First snob. In the beginning of wanting to refinance my home I contacted AFCU. They stated I, alone, myself would not qualify nor could I use my part time job income (because most part time jobs don’t last). My fiancé told me some of his customers had raves about Quicken Loans. I contacted them and hesitated, so I hung up. I got a text from Brittney. (I’m all about texting if possible.) She was so helpful and text me very clear answers on everything I had. The Rocket Mortgage app is awesome. I submitted all my documentation she needed AND my part time job pay stubs (Along with my full time job also of course). :) She gave me multiple options and the payment was perfect.

I was able to pay off all of my loans and be debt free. I read on the reviews after I had started the process that people weren’t happy and were passed on to other people, having to provide all the documentation over and over again. This did not happen to me. Everything was forwarded on to the next person. When it came time to close, they send someone (a notary) to my home!!! I picked the time and they were here with my paperwork. AMAZING!!! I was finished with the whole process, with no lies, no pressure within 2 1/2 weeks tops. I would highly recommend this company to anyone planning to refi their home. Thank you Quicken Loans/Rocket Mortgage for everything!!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Obtained a VA Jumbo mortgage for $575,000 at 3.5%. We put about 100k into the transaction as a downpayment and closing costs and prepaid some interest for a quarter-point reduction in our rate. Application to pre-approval took one day. Conditional final approval took about another 10 days. Satisfied all requirements about 25 days before our closing and just waited. VA appraisal was done on time and was fair market value for our property. The only curveball was a requirement for a termite inspection, but we were given three weeks notice, and it was a requirement for our state, so I put the blame more on the realtor than Quicken. Closed on time, on the day originally promised with zero issues. The only problem with closing was after Quicken forgot to get a document to our title agent for us to sign, and asked us to sign and send it back to them, it took a total of ten extra minutes.

We have had zero issues with the servicing of our mortgage; everything is clearly laid out in our monthly statements including the impact of our additional principal payments. We had a unique situation where we are property tax exempt but had to pay taxes into escrow at closing. Quicken did an escrow review the same day and refunded our money in 7 business days. We were warned about Quicken possibly being an issue, however from our perspective as long as you give them what they ask when they ask we had no issues. Brad was awesome, so was Mel.

Quicken Loans expert review by Michele Lerner

Quicken Loans is an online mortgage lending company. Founded as Rock Financial in 1985, Quicken changed course in the 1990s to focus on online lending and has since become a leading mortgage lender.

• Refinance information: Quicken’s website has a host of information for consumers looking to refinance their mortgages. A list of frequently asked questions, a direct line to a home loan expert, a list of required documents for refinancing and numerous other bits of advice are all located easily on the front page.

• Zing blog: Quicken’s featured Zing blog contains relevant articles not only about home ownership and mortgage refinancing but also about lifestyle topics like gardening and technology. Quicken regularly updates this blog to keep information current and topics varied.

• Online calculators: Whether a consumer wants to refinance their home loan, is looking for a new home or wants to see the impact of making additional payments on their existing loan, Quicken offers free online tools to calculate estimated savings and expenses. The online mortgage, refinancing and amortization calculators are easy to use and provide instant financial estimates.

• Mortgage comparisons: Quicken provides a loan comparison chart, so consumers can see the various loans Quicken offers at a glance. The chart has brief descriptions of the loans with links to more information and application pages for each loan.

• Best for: Quicken is best for consumers looking for instant information about mortgage refinancing.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
      Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Quicken Loans Company Information