2. Mortgages

Call Now Toll Free
View Rates
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.95/5
Based on 4,937 ratings submitted in the last year

Quicken Loans is a mortgage lender that provides a variety of home loans and refinancing options through Rocket Mortgage, its online mortgage platform. The company is licensed in all 50 states and is one of the largest mortgage lenders in the country.

BOTTOM LINE

Quicken Loans offers a streamlined online application for home loans and refinancing. Those who want to purchase a home, lower their mortgage payments or get cash out of their home might find its services helpful.

PROS
  • Available nationwide
  • Multiple mortgage options
  • Easy online application
CONS
  • No USDA loans
  • No in-person services

Top Quicken Loans Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quicken Loans?

We had an excellent experience with Quicken Loan - from the initial contact with the mortgage broker to our closing. Very responsive, knowledgeable and professional. The whole transaction was complete within a month, which helped us get moving on the home improvements…

The overall loan experience was great. My only issue was the amount of documentation required for the loan that I had never had to provide for previous loans with Quicken. At times, the requested documentation was vague and required additional communication…

Quicken Loans Call Now Toll Free (800) 940-2133 View Rates
Call Now Toll Free

What is Quicken Loans?

Quicken Loans is a nationwide mortgage lender. The company offers mortgage loans and home refinance loans, giving customers the ability to complete the process entirely online. Those who would rather apply over the phone can speak with a company Home Loan Expert. Quicken Loans services 99% of its loans, so borrowers work with the company from the time of their application till they pay off the loan.

Quicken Loans services

Quicken Loans specializes in mortgages and refinancing services. When you apply for a home loan or refinancing — whether it’s online or over the phone — Quicken Loans shows you loan options along with rates and costs. Customers can choose when and where to close on a loan. Loan types include the following:

• 30-year fixed loans
  • 15-year fixed loans
  • Adjustable-rate loans
  • FHA loans
  • VA loans
  • Jumbo loans
  • YOURgage fixed-rate, custom-term loans
  • Refinancing for cash, lower payment or shorter term

Quicken Loans FAQ

What does your credit score need to be for Quicken Loans?
Quicken Loans has a general minimum FICO Score requirement of 580. The lender requires a minimum FICO Score of 620 for conventional loans and VA loans.
Does Quicken Loans do personal loans?
Rocket Loans, which is related to Quicken Loans, offers personal loans for vehicle purchases, home improvement, debt consolidation, traveling and just about any other purpose. Apply online to find out what offers you qualify for without any effect on your credit score. Funds are available as soon as the same business day.
What kind of loans does Quicken Loans offer?
Quicken Loans offers mortgages, reverse mortgages, refinancing and personal loans. You can get most types of mortgages through Quicken Loans, including a custom-term, fixed-rate loan lasting from eight to 29 years.
How much does Quicken Loans charge for closing costs?
Quicken Loans’ closing costs depend on the loan type, the type of home you’re buying, where your home is located and other factors. Expect to pay 3% to 6% of the purchase price.
Where is Quicken Loans located?
Quicken Loans’ headquarters is in Detroit.

Is Quicken Loans good?

Quicken Loans is one of the most widely available online lenders. Through Rocket Mortgage, it offers a completely online loan application process, which is convenient for those who don’t have time to visit a bank or financial institution. We think it’s worth considering for most types of purchase and refinancing loans. Keep in mind the company doesn’t offer USDA loans, though.

Quicken Loans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quicken Loans?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

This is my third experience with Quicken Loans. For this experience 90% of the interactions, were performed electronically with only a few contacts with individuals. However, Nicole, my initial contact was extremely knowledgeable, helpful and patient with all my questions. The loan "dialogue" regarding what was needed from me was generally seamless. My one recommendation might be that the language used regarding what was being requested might be a little more end user friendly as finance is not my forte'. However, any questions I had about items requested were promptly clarified and answered. I was a able to upload the necessary documents.

All in all this process took minimal time and effort on my part, and was relatively seamless and painless, all things considered. I also appreciated that on the day before and the day of the actual loan closing, I was able to call (and I did twice) to clarify one point or another about the loan closing and what I was signing, using what I believe was called the emergency line. These knowledgeable analysts and their responses were greatly appreciated. I recommend Quicken Loans to others, and to anyone looking for a Home mortgage or a ReFi. I am grateful for your commitment for excellence!

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

I closed on my refinancing December 4, 2020. I had an overwhelmingly positive experience with Quicken, thanks to Geoff **. I should explain upfront that I am bad with numbers and can also be rather high strung, so I am basically a nightmare for anyone attempting to assist me with financial matters. I originally contacted Quicken when I discovered that my younger sister was getting a lower interest rate on the house that she was buying than I had on my own townhome. Petty, probably, but irksome, nonetheless. I mean, it’s my baby sister!

I could hardly contain my shock and excitement when Geoff told me that I could go from a 3.75% interest rate to a 2.25% interest rate with Quicken. I had checked with another company previously (Better Mortgage, who tragically did NOT live up to their name) and they had generously offered me an interest rate that was .005% higher than the one I held. I imagine that sorting through my information and finding me a good deal was pretty standard operating procedure for Quicken, but as I said, I am hopeless with numbers and indeed, can quickly become overwhelmed. Geoff’s true trial began in earnest once the ball got rolling.

Geoff strapped on his sword and found solutions to every single issue I had, and to every problem that I hurled, metaphorically speaking of course, into his lap. He fixed everything from frustrating lack of response from the title company, to making sure I had low closing costs, to scheduling a dual closing with my spouse who lives two hours away.

He would call or text me practically immediately after I contacted him and was pretty much the Jen Whisperer in getting me to understand what was going on and not panicking about it. Every single time I contacted him (up to and including the day of closing) with a serious problem, his answer was an immediate, “That’s not a problem. Here’s what I’m going to do.” He is friendly, knowledgeable, and I must say, he has a fabulous sense of humor. I find that that in these strange and uncertain times, someone with good humor is difficult to find, but also, that someone with good humor is necessary to make it through 2020 with one’s sanity intact.

I hope that you will consider all of this when Geoff’s next review comes due. I truly believe that this deal would not have gone through if it had been assigned to anyone else. Since I know how flibbertigibbety I am when it comes to stressful financial conversations and he calmed me down every single time I was upset, I wanted to make sure that you know Geoff has some seriously superb customer service and people skills. I am exceedingly grateful that Geoff does such an amazing job and most importantly, that he was assigned to me so that I could benefit from his excellence. I cannot overstate how awesome he is. PS- My interest rate is, in fact, now lower than my sister’s.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I had no idea that refinancing my mortgage could be so painless; had I known, I would have done it sooner. I honestly cannot speak highly enough of Brian **, who handled my re-fi from start to finish with professionalism and class. I had so much going on at the time, and I had been receiving calls and voicemails from Quicken Loans that I mostly ignored. When I finally returned one of the calls, it was with a bit of an attitude!

Enter Brian **, who completely diffused my impatient attitude and had me smiling and laughing by the end of the call. He was so helpful and just so genuine; I am not an easy person to win over, but I was really impressed with the level of customer service Brian provided. Calls and messages were returned promptly, and he always did exactly what he told me he would do; I never once felt even the slightest bit inconvenienced. Brian had everything handled, and I felt completely at ease throughout the process. If only we could clone him! That kind of service is what gets you referrals and repeat business; I don’t see how this experience could have gone any better. I have already recommended Quicken Loans to friends and coworkers.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

From the application and through the closing to the download and printing of all the paperwork I am pleased and impressed with the professional and seamless transition every step of the way,---with one aspect---setting the first day of every month as the same time each month for scheduling auto-pay. I keep getting told that auto-pay will occur 30 days after the first of December 2020 and every 30 days thereafter which is not what I was told I would be able to do after my loan closed.

When I did the math I realized the next (second) payment would be on the 31st of December 2020, followed by January 30th 2021, followed by March 1st 2021, then March 31st, then April 30th 2021, then May 30th 2021, then June 29th 2021, then July 29th 2021 and this brings me to my main concern--I receive my VA benefit on the first of each month and if I cannot make the first of each month as the same time each month for auto-pay to occur then what are my options to make my mortgage payment each month so I can pay on time and never incur a late charge therefore maintain a good credit history. Please advise, thank you! Ken **

Original review: July 31, 2020

I read some terrible reviews for Quicken Loans however in my research I found that they were still offering the best deal and price and the way to submit documents online was the most simple I had come across. I was wary and I checked every line and if there was a mistake they fixed it. The communication was always there.

I ran into a hiccup with a divorce right in the middle of the deal just before closing and had to put my entire account on hold which they did with much patience and when it was time to begin again a little over a year later, I did not have to resubmit appraisals or inspections or give any additional money. They were able to pull my information from my last attempt at the loan and I only had to update current financials. The process was moving along quickly and I did not ever have a problem getting a hold of someone or getting an answer through email or text or phone call, they always called to check up on me but were also very respectful when I said to not call me for a certain amount of time or days and they kept their appointments.

One time they were late getting to an appointment due to working with someone else overtime so he had his friend from the company call me to tell me that he was going to be late to the phone call just so I would know what was going on. I thought that was above and beyond so thank you Mike. I have not even finished the entire process or have gone to closing on my refinance but I did read the reviews and I am a real person going through a real process and I wanted to give my 2 cents because some people said that all the 5 star reviews were fake. I can assure you I am not a fake person and I have much drama that Quicken Loans has had to deal with and they have done so very professionally.

Original review: April 14, 2021

Our home refinance was seamless, items were completed in the amount of time stated or sooner. We actually closed a couple of weeks earlier than originally told, we could not have had a better experience. Thank you to the Rocket Mortgage Team.

Original review: April 14, 2021

Thank you Quicken Loans!!! I would recommend this company to anyone. They was very helpful and the loan process was easy. The customer service was good and I always received a call back if I needed to ask any questions.

Original review: April 14, 2021

Jacob ** was so great. I received a great percentage rate and he helped me in many ways. He's very professional and was there for me every bit of the way. Jacob and others responded to my questions right away. My loan was not easy. I had been on Covid lay off but I had been at my job for 23 years which I started again in October. I'm so happy I went with Quicken Loans and have already told 3 others who are looking for loans. You're very lucky to have Jacob ** working for Quicken loans. Thanks again.

Original review: April 14, 2021

Everything went off as planned, preclosing was perfect, lady came on appointed day, checks were sent to us very quickly. The whole process went smoothly as we were continually reminded of anything which we still needed to provide. We would definitely do it again.

Original review: April 14, 2021

Great people and well organized staff, thank you and have a wonderful season. It has been a good experience working with such wonderful people. This has been a great experience. I look forward coming back to Quicken Loans for help.

Quicken Loans Company Information