4.2/5 (1724 ratings)

Lock in your rate

Rates are expected to jump after the next Fed meeting

About Quicken Loans

Quicken Loans is a mortgage lender that provides a variety of home loans and refinancing options through Rocket Mortgage, its online mortgage platform. The company is licensed in all 50 states and is one of the largest mortgage lenders in the country.

Pros

• Available nationwide
  • Multiple mortgage options
  • Easy online application

Cons

• No USDA loans
  • No in-person services

Bottom Line

Quicken Loans offers a streamlined online application for home loans and refinancing. Those who want to purchase a home, lower their mortgage payments or get cash out of their home might find its services helpful.

Top Quicken Loans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quicken Loans?

Verified

We had an excellent experience with Quicken Loan - from the initial contact with the mortgage broker to our closing. Very responsive, knowledgeable and professional. The whole tra...

Verified

The overall loan experience was great. My only issue was the amount of documentation required for the loan that I had never had to provide for previous loans with Quicken. At time...

What is Quicken Loans?

Quicken Loans is a nationwide mortgage lender. The company offers mortgage loans and home refinance loans, giving customers the ability to complete the process entirely online. Those who would rather apply over the phone can speak with a company Home Loan Expert. Quicken Loans services 99% of its loans, so borrowers work with the company from the time of their application till they pay off the loan.

Quicken Loans services

Quicken Loans specializes in mortgages and refinancing services. When you apply for a home loan or refinancing — whether it’s online or over the phone — Quicken Loans shows you loan options along with rates and costs. Customers can choose when and where to close on a loan. Loan types include the following:

• 30-year fixed loans
  • 15-year fixed loans
  • Adjustable-rate loans
  • FHA loans
  • VA loans
  • Jumbo loans
  • YOURgage fixed-rate, custom-term loans
  • Refinancing for cash, lower payment or shorter term

Quicken Loans FAQ

What does your credit score need to be for Quicken Loans?
Quicken Loans has a general minimum FICO Score requirement of 580. The lender requires a minimum FICO Score of 620 for conventional loans and VA loans.
Does Quicken Loans do personal loans?
Rocket Loans, which is related to Quicken Loans, offers personal loans for vehicle purchases, home improvement, debt consolidation, traveling and just about any other purpose. Apply online to find out what offers you qualify for without any effect on your credit score. Funds are available as soon as the same business day.
What kind of loans does Quicken Loans offer?
Quicken Loans offers mortgages, reverse mortgages, refinancing and personal loans. You can get most types of mortgages through Quicken Loans, including a custom-term, fixed-rate loan lasting from eight to 29 years.
How much does Quicken Loans charge for closing costs?
Quicken Loans’ closing costs depend on the loan type, the type of home you’re buying, where your home is located and other factors. Expect to pay 3% to 6% of the purchase price.
Where is Quicken Loans located?
Quicken Loans’ headquarters is in Detroit.

Is Quicken Loans good?

Quicken Loans is one of the most widely available online lenders. Through Rocket Mortgage, it offers a completely online loan application process, which is convenient for those who don’t have time to visit a bank or financial institution. We think it’s worth considering for most types of purchase and refinancing loans. Keep in mind the company doesn’t offer USDA loans, though.

Quicken Loans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quicken Loans?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

Rocket Mortgage made our buying a new home so easy & smooth I couldn’t believe it! I started out with someone else & they wanted me to several other things to get approved & it turned into a nightmare! So I tried another way & they wanted to charge me a small fortune & I found out the way they recommended me to the paperwork was fraudulent! Then I tried Rocket & I was amazed at how easy & smooth they made everything! Thank you to all those that helped us in our journey. Even with all the hiccups along the way they still made it smooth sailing & now we’re in our new home that we all adore!

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2022

The loan process went well and quickly and Clarence was a great loan officer. What I didn’t like is the fact that they let everyone and his brother know that we were refinancing and how much we refinanced for. Every day, we are getting something in the mail about house warranty for the $120K refinancing of our home. Sometimes this is not even in an envelope but on a postcard for everyone to see. Other times it is in an envelope but just above the name and address it has the refinance information for all to see. I feel that this is a breach of privacy and am very disappointed in that. Other than that, everything went well.

Original review: April 10, 2022

Your company was recommended to me to check out for a refi on my home. I did do some comparison shopping and though your rate was not the lowest, your company was the most efficient and professional of the ones I dealt with. The staff was very knowledgeable and kept in good communication letting me know what they needed, when they got it and what the next steps would be. They also did not waste any time getting the whole thing done and that was a great relief to not be dealing with it for weeks. I would definitely not have any problems with recommending their services to anyone considering refinancing their home. I really appreciated their professionalism and desire to get a positive ending to the process with as little pain as possible to myself. Thank you team!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

Our experience with doing our refinance and getting cash out in order to update our siding and roofing was seamless from start to finish. We were able to communicate with those on our time through calls, texts, the app, and the website. This meant that when we had questions, we could readily connect with a member of the team. We were even able to adjust our cash out amount based on the information regarding what our payment would work out to given certain amounts. This allowed us to have a cushion for if we come across any surprises needing a change order once the work commences. That alone is a big stress reducer!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

This was the absolute best experience in getting any loan, let alone a Mortgage. It started with Tony ** who helped me with my application, follow up, everything really! Tony was exceptional, very knowledgeable and responsive; I was equally impressed for a day or so when Tony was OOO - someone else from his team reached me - NO delays! If you look at any notes on my account every single person was just amazing! The notary who came to close on our home was truly lovely as well, Maleta **. She was so kind and great to talk with, a wonderful ending to this process. I will recommend you anytime I can! Thank you for such a great experience!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

Rocket Mortgage made the mortgage application extremely easy from start to closing. My loan officers were always in contact with me and provided support throughout the process. I would recommend Rocket Mortgage to anyone that is in need of a mortgage. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

They kept us informed throughout the process and answered any questions we had. Everything was pretty easy to understand. Everyone from beginning to signing final papers was helpful and friendly. We could download forms and send required information without any issues.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

The process was well outlined by Darren who gave us the initial numbers to give us the cashback we wanted and get us a loan we could live with. He acted quickly. We figured we would need to provide all of our essential financial data. That was no problem. The only hitch was the time from beginning to end seemed to be a little longer than we anticipated. We started the process in mid-October and we didn't close until late December. It just seemed to be long by a few weeks.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

Working with Duane, Josh, Kesha, and Slaven was incredible. They were knowledgeable, professional, and efficient. The website made it easy to upload/download documents and it was easy to navigate. It was a pleasure working with all of them and I would recommend Rocket to others looking for a mortgage.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

We have worked with Quicken Loans/Rocket Mortgage on many different mortgages. For the 1st time, the process was difficult and frustrating. All of the employees were very nice and helpful. The frustration seemed to come from the fact that each person was SO LIMITED in the information they could see or access. Even our main loan contact could not see our file one we were in process. That really limited him from helping us when the process got into trouble.

Quicken Loans Company Information