2.66/5
Based on 391 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a mortgage lender?

Last updated: April 21, 2018

3634 Quicken Loans Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: April 21, 2018

I communicated with Quicken Loans through email so that I would have paper trail if needed. I had 3-5 different representatives. 1 of which is very rude. Also wanted $500 in the beginning and I was told I would get it back at closing. Well that didn’t happen. What they did was increased my loan 500 so when they were to give it back, they still got to keep the 500. Plus they credited my loan 500 (without telling me) instead of writing me a check. I had also noticed that they increased my loan by $2000. I questioned that and they couldn’t give me straight answers. My advice is if you decide to use them, pay close attention to everything and keep your emails. I would not recommend them to anyone!!

Original review: April 18, 2018

They take customer service tooo far. Calling me after every email they send to me. It's fine if it's important but not when it's not. So they call me at 8:55 AM on a SATURDAY. That's MY DAY OFF. You don't call customers on the weekend if it's just basic information you just sent me in an email. It was a stupid disclosure and could have waited until Monday. I mean... I get the email on my phone. Gift funds. OMG. They want every single transaction from where you pulled the money from, then the gift funds deposit into the gifter's account, then a copy of the transfer docs, then copy of the cashier's check, then a copy of the deposit, then copy of the statement with banker signatures and dated, then copy of the cashier's check to the title company. OMG... I dealt with HomeTown Bank in Le Sueur. I gave them TWO documents and we were done. They verified the funds with a fax service. SO easy with the local lender.

They had me take some 90 minute learning program about credit and send them the certificate. My score is 750!!! HELLO. And I am over 50 years old. YOU'RE KIDDING ME. They said they needed a week to produce the documents before closing. I changed to HomeTown Bank. They approved me in 24 hours. I gave them less documentation than Quicken Loans. They did this in a 2 week time frame, order appraisal, title, PERFECTION! Quicken Loans sucks. This place bothers you constantly. They think calling you daily is good customer service. It's nuts.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: April 17, 2018

My wife and I had our mortgage needs met and we have continued to receive calls from Quicken Loans. This has gotten to the point of harassment. I cannot believe they can have a system to have people from all over the country phone us and we ask to be removed from their call list and they cannot seem to get it right. I am filing a complaint with proper authorities and hope they pull the recorded lines that I have kindly asked for them to remove mine and my wife's number. Please stop the harassing calls.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Rocket actually has a pretty good website and interface. The issue is the assembly line approach they take to home loans. No one is on the same page. I had a horrible experience with them regarding the type of loan I was getting and my closing costs. I was initially told I was getting 2 percent in grant/incentive money. At some point during the process they switched to another type of loan and failed to let me know. This was really the main reason I was going w them. When closing time came they sent me a closing letter which was way, way off from what had been previously discussed. What was really frustrating was the lazy, no big deal attitude my loan rep, John took. The guy could care less that he was causing me a big problem. I would not recommend them to anyone. If you do choose to use them I would strongly suggest you have a backup mortgage company ready to go. I made a big mistake trusting these guys.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Tried to refi my money thru Quicken/Rocket Mortgage. They charged me $500 to have my home appraised and stated It would be returned on completion of loan work. After appraisal came in the Customer Care person called to inform me the value of my home had been decreased. I was notified of this de-value four times. Then I was told I would receive NO equity at all from them. They would take all the equity and I would receive nothing. The Care person insisted that this was still a good deal because I would get to skip a payment by switching to Quicken and I might receive money from the old escrow account. I was lied to and cheated. I currently own a 1922 beautiful 2 story home of 3092 sq ft. It is well worth the pathetic appraisal they did. Stay away from them!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quicken Loans?

Original review: April 13, 2018

I have used Quicken for checking and savings accounts for several years and have had problems with it since I upgraded to 2018. 1st - Quicken changed data, it started figuring current amounts with upcoming bills resulting in the wrong amounts being shown. I entered new checks and deposits and previous data showed NEGATIVE amounts, when there were none. I had to removed all bill reminders for Quicken to work properly. 2nd - Quicken removed ALL reconciliation data back to 1 April 2016, on the last saved data and ALL PREVIOUS SAVED FILES. Of course, when I contacted Quicken, it was MY fault for saving the data wrong, even though I did it the same way I have for years. Quicken is none a minus 555.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I am considering doing a refi on my house. I am not sure if it is worth it or not so I just wanted to make a few calls and see what is out there. Rocket would give me a range of rates but that was it unless I was willing to give them my SS number. I asked why she could not give me a list of fees. I understand you can't give me a rate without a SS number but why in the world can you give me an appraisal fee, title fee, escrow fee etc! What does that have to do with your credit? I am sorry but after Target was hacked and even most recently now you have Wells Fargo hacked for identity theft, why would I give rocket my SS number unless I am going to do a loan. The gal simply said "it's just our policy."

Original review: April 12, 2018

Quicken? Rocket Mortgage? More like Quick-SAND and Turtle Mortgage. Steer clear of these guys! My re-fi experience was the complete opposite of what their advertising states. Their ads say: “Our caring team members want to make sure that you have the best experience possible.” “Our members are obsessed that I have a great mortgage experience.” Won the JD Powers award for best customer service for 8 years. We have an A++ rating with the Better Business Bureau.

Because my home had a guest house as part of the property, they decided that they could not do my re-fi because the appraiser could not find any other homes nearby with a guest house to compare it to. I said I didn't need the extra value of the guest house, so don't count it as part of the appraisal. They said that didn't matter, they couldn't fund it. They told me all I had to do was find one comparable house nearby with a guest home, and they would fund it. So I contacted a realtor and spent some time to find 13 homes within 10 miles that had guest homes. (2 were actually on my street, but they didn't count because they weren't for sale). I narrowed it down to the 5 best matches and submitted it to Quicken. THEN they said the homes weren't close enough, so didn't count. Talk about bait and switch, and not living up to your word.

So I decided I needed to find another lender who could do the job. In ten days, the other lender closed with me. Unfortunately, Quicken at that point agreed to do the loan. But I had already switched and felt like the new company deserved the loan, so I canceled Quicken. Now - on their side, they DID finally agree to fund. But not until after basically telling me repeatedly that they could not do it. AND - I DID sign the paperwork, which committed me to paying for the appraisal fee. (BTW - the new company not only didn't charge me for the appraisal, they didn't charge any fees, either). I expected Quicken would agree that that fee should not apply because they took so long and I did the majority of the work on the loan. They refused to waive the fee. I talked with multiple people in customer service - way up the ladder, and they all said that since they ultimately agreed to do the loan, then I have to pay the fee.

I countered with the fact that I never would have started talking with another lender until they made it pretty clear that they could not fund it because of our guest house, and their only answer all along the way was that they couldn't help me. Which takes me back to their false advertising I listed at the top of the review, which states they are OBSESSIVE about providing me with a great mortgage experience. Frankly, they provided me with one of my WORST experiences, and to make matters worse, everyone in their customer service dept. simply said they agreed to do it ultimately, so I need to pay the full fee. I honestly don't know how they could have won those awards they listed. My mistake for signing with a company that requires $500 up front in the first place. Don't make the same one I did.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Short version... guy from Quicken Loans calls me as a result of me going onto LendingTree and tells me about these great offers they have and initially quotes 4.875 for a 30 year mortgage. I had already got 4.5 from somewhere else with no points so I said that wasn't very good. He then said, 'Well, I have this great offer where it's only 15% down at 4.5% with no PPI' and then compared the monthly payments of his original high percentage offer with this and said 'You're only paying about $30 more per month and you have that extra cash in your pocket'. He then went through a long supposedly persuasive explanation as to what a great deal it was and I said 'Look, I need to write these figures down and look at the larger picture'. 'Why do you need to do that?' He asked and went into full sales mode. I told him that I will not make any sort of decision until I played with the figures and to call me back later.

The likelihood is that we may only be in the house for 10 years, I calculated the balance after 10 years on the 'wonderful' mortgage he had proposed and the one from another company and found I would have a $12,000 greater balance with his 'wonderful' mortgage. Further, although the difference between the 15% down and the 20% was $15,000 it was going to cost me $5000 in points. So in effect I would be leaving $10,000 in my pocket which over the 10 years would come out at a loan interest rate of 16.3%.

When he called back and I explained what I had discovered he said he didn't understand my figures (probably because I explained them as quickly as he had explained his in the first place). I told him I wasn't interested and was going with the other company. "Well, what if I did 4.5% on a 29 year mortgage", he says, 'No', I say. 'What about 4.5% on a 28 year mortgage'. 'Look, I am doing business with another company', I reply.

He then tells me that he will be leaving work in an hour's time and all of these offers may change by tomorrow. "That's it", I said, "we're done". 'What, what, what have I done to upset you', he says. 'You have tried to apply pressure by saying these rates may be gone by tomorrow, implying I should make a decision now'. "We are well and truly done now." I say. After more pleading on his part I told him to call back the next day. Obviously I didn't answer any calls from numbers I didn't recognize the next day or for nearly a week after.

I have no proof it was Quicken Loans every time I received an anonymous call but I believe I was called several times over the next few days but because I didn't recognize the numbers I just ignored them (they were way out of state calls). Finally, today I got a local call and although I didn't recognize the number I did answer it. It wasn't him but it was another 'lady' from Quicken Loans. '"I'm just following up on your inquiry" she says. "I'm going with another company", I say. "Well, let me explain these new offers we have". "No, I'm going with another company, I don't need you to explain anything", I respond". "Well, let me have a chance..." 'No, I'm going with another company".

Every time I started to tell her I didn't want to speak to her she just spoke over the top of me. Finally (and probably way later than it should have been) I just hung up on her. Out of principle now, if I EVER need another mortgage I would refuse to use Quicken Loans even if they did have the best rate. Sorry, that was supposed to be the short version and trust me it doesn't include ALL of the nonsense I had to endure!

Original review: April 11, 2018

The appraiser ($500) described our home as 3 bedroom, 4 bath. Our home is 4 bedrooms, 5 baths. We tried to correct this, through email and doing the work on finding comps on our own. One problem is, you never talk to the same person twice. They refused to correct the obvious mistakes. We will bite the bullet and go elsewhere.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I never write reviews for anything, but the experience with Quicken Loans has been absolutely horrendous, so I have to warn people. I wish I could give 0 stars. To start out, I knew more about what I qualified for than the "expert" I originally dealt with. The entire process has been a horrifying display of miscommunication and questionable bordering on illegal conduct on behalf of Quicken Loans. Fast forward to 3 days before closing, after numerous issues and hoops jumped through to keep the loan on track, and I received a call stating I could no longer close this loan due to an issue that was supposedly cleared up a month ago followed by the agent literally stating, “This is on you not us”, even though I provided the required solution with plenty of time for verification.

This literally became a blame game so that they couldn't be held responsible for any reimbursement warranted because of the fact they waited until 3 days to closing to tell me they no longer were going forward with my loan. Keep in mind, I'm moving across the country and have already started my drive, turned in keys at my previous place as well as turned off all utilities when I get this call at 4:30 in the afternoon. I have been assured numerous times that we will be closing on time, as late as 2 days ago. At this point I am literally homeless with nowhere to go. I call the agent and ask to speak to the highest person I can and they send me to the Executive Office but only after the agent had a 10 minute conversation with the officer explaining her side of the situation.

Once I get to talk to the officer, she never asked for my side or even for anything involving the problem I'm having. She simply keeps stating that there isn't anything they can do and that they will NOT close my loan. When I asked what am I to do about being homeless, she had made the comment, "Well I'm sure you have someone who can help." And that was that. These people have placed me in a very bad situation with no help from them in finding a solution other than basically go live with family. Who knew a "reputable business" was actually in the business of making hard working men and women homeless. Please, protect yourself and your future by not working with this heinous business. No one deserves to have literally everything taken away from them in the hopes of buying a home.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Escrow Scam be careful yall. They are trying to get people to default by doubling Tax estimate then up monthly payment to cover with the option of paying the shortage off completely. Once you pay the shortage off completely they do not lower your monthly payment because they are hoping for a default on the account to get fees and fine. Shady AF!

Original review: April 9, 2018

I had requested a home equity loan quote from LendingTree. My phone rang off the hook and Quicken Loans was the first to call when I answered the phone. They asked me about my inquiry into refinancing my home, to which I replied I was not interested in refinancing, but just a home equity loan to make some renovations. I was sent to another loan officer who proceeded to ask me about refinancing to which I said I was not interesting. He said he needed to run my credit report to see what he could do for me, and stupid me allowed it... After the report was run, he proceeded to tell me how he could get me a 20 year refinance and take out less than the amount of money that I requested for a higher interest rate. I'm fuming, I told him 3 times that I was not interested in refinancing my home. After reading some of the other reviews of Quicken Loans, I will never do business with them.

Original review: April 9, 2018

In retirement now, I called this company to obtain info on reverse mortgages. They tricked me into supplying my ss# (thinking it was just to verify who I am). They went and did a hard check on my credit which will lower my credit rating for two years. They refuse to alter this! I find this company to be dishonest and unethical in every way. I cannot understand why the Federal Trade Commission can't do something about these dishonest practices. I NEVER called them for a mortgage! I called them for information! Will never happen again... And, I would never recommend such a crooked company!

Original review: April 9, 2018

My goals were to consolidate my debt. We purchased a vacation condo at the Jersey shore 3 years ago and recently bought a timeshare. We decided it would be best to consolidate these two debts and add additional money to get our roof replaced on our house. The process is fast and fairly simple. They send you a checklist of what you'll need to get to the settlement table.

The issue I have is the sales tactics they used. I was verbally given an amount it would cost to close. I wrote it down. What I didn't do at closing was review the paper work. This is my fault. I readily admit it. They added two points to the closing cost that were never discussed during any phone calls with the salesperson. They send you the closing disclosures and I did look at them but missed the addition of the points. The amount of the loan didn't go up with the points. They took it off the final loan amount. This was $4000.00 that I was expecting to go into my bank account. They also paid my property taxes that were already paid from my previous mortgage company. I am in the process of recovery that money.

My goal here with this review is to help other people who decide to go with Quicken Loans. Do not believe a word they say on the phone. Write everything down and record the conversation if possible. Review every document and don't sign until you understand all cost. I've been in contact with their resolution representative. She admitted that the points were not discussed but will not reimburse me because I signed the papers. I can't argue with them there. I did sign. Again, read everything they send you and good luck.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Okay so here I go. I was just looking on the internet about a refi for my townhouse just punching numbers and I got a call from Quicken Loans. Very nice girl Doris. I liked her a lot. Anyway we talked for about 15 minutes and everything we agreed upon I was down. I was ready to do a refinance and all the numbers were good and she said she'd call me back in 30 minutes to an hour. Well I got a callback and I guess from her supervisor. I did not like him at all. He tried to talk me into other options that I did not like. When I did the math he would have made $38,000 off of my refi of 15 years. I guess he thought I was a stupid old woman and he was a Hindu so I guess I'm prejudiced there but they did not help me at all. I love Doris that I thought this guy was a **. Thumbs down for Quicken Loans. I don't like them at all.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I have to say they are easy to deal with and the process for my purchase money loan started off well. I was never provided any indication of rates or costs which had me skeptical as usually that is disclosed within days of a loan application. 2 months into the process when I provided a contract for the house I was buying, my Loan Officer emailed me the rates, etc. regarding the transaction. I was so completely shocked at the costs as they were literally thousands higher than I expected and I was also given a credit card authorization form to complete allowing them to eventually charge me for an appraisal.

I immediately informed the loan officer to put everything on hold and that I would be shopping them. Within a day, I had was given rates and estimated costs by a local lender upon checking my credit scores. The costs were $7K less and the rates were better! I called Rocket back and asked if they could revise and improve the offer and was told those costs are out of their control and they would not lower the rates or fees. For that reason alone, I would never recommend anyone to do business with them.

Original review: April 2, 2018

Quicken subscription 2018 itself works well. BUT Q Bill Pay is a nightmare to try to get accepted after so many years of using it. Among other requirements, you have to send a voided check for the account. Even if it is a business check it must have your name on it. The tech said to simply have the bank print a few with my name on it in addition to my company name. However, when I did this, I found that there was a "secret rule" that even the tech was unaware of. These checks were unacceptable because they were "counter checks" printed by the bank. Has been weeks of stubborn trying to get account accepted. Support calls back with blocked number so I don't answer. They leave a voice message with a number. When contacted at the given number multiple times there is no response and THEY never return the call.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I told the very first contact my needs, 15yr 20% down for investment property. I was told no problem until I actually signed an offer sheet which was accepted. Only then did they tell me that they wanted 25% down. It was the old bait and switch. Very dishonest and I'm disappointed. I wasted 6 weeks of my life.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Called to try and get information and got uninformed, dishonest "advice" from a so-called "expert," as they call them on their site. I was seeking information on behalf of my mother so that we could be more informed BEFORE starting an application. Mandy didn’t want to help me as soon as she found I was calling for my mother. She asked for my mother to call her, who lives in another state. I re-articulated that all I was asking for was information to make the process easier for my mother, was she unwilling to answer questions? Quicken Loans records the call, so she had to answer my questions after that.

I was seeking info on the differences between getting a home equity loan and a cash-out refi. The rep told me information that was directly contradictory to what one of their reps told my brother yesterday, as well as what my online research indicated. First, she said, “Typically, I don’t recommend a home equity loan.” When I asked why, she couldn’t articulate. Then she said that because my mother’s home is owned outright with no first mortgage, that the two loans were “the same thing.” After pushing further and telling her that online research, as well as a Quicken Loans "expert" from yesterday, indicated otherwise, she finally said, “We don’t do home equity loans.”

AHA! There’s the answer. They don’t do home equity loans, so of course they’re going to push a cash-out refi without being honest with the consumer that there are differences in these two products. This is the worst kind of snake-oil selling there is. No wonder there are so many complaints here. They have been dishonest from the get-go, why on earth would we give them our business?

Original review: March 27, 2018

When I Applied to buy my first home through Quicken Loans, everything was very fast and smooth, but after he transfer me to another to finish rest of the processes got more than 2 months to appraisal report, then they said they need to get another appraisal, they were pushing my closing day every other day just because there was 2 address over there in that property, just a number. Finally they said they would get another appraisal report. Again they told us to wait, we been waiting 3 weeks to get second appraisal for just a number. Finally after 4 weeks another company from Nevada came to Sacramento to get another appraisal. Our closing day was by end of February, but it's was March 26 when second appraisal came in, and completely different, and asking different stuff. We been really frustrated with this mortgage company and we had to leave our place by end of the March 2018.

Lady got back to me and said in this point they have to ask their consultant team to help her, I'm not sure why again we have to wait for their consultant team. We already lost the Property, seller going sell it another way, and we have to move out because we noticed to landlord, just waiting and waiting for them to play game with us going to apply for another loan through local mortgage companies, I believe it should be done at the beginning. Just a bad experience with Quicken Loans for us.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Horrible experience!! I was supposed to close today on our home. From November until last week everything went smoothly. In February my husband was offered a new job, higher pay, better benefit. We called Dan Hodgson our purchase specialist. He said that taking this job would not mess up our mortgage. Wednesday, two days ago we were told that the underwriters would not approve loan because of the change in employment. You would think that because your employee messed up our mortgage with false information that this error would be fixed and we would move forward.

Nope. They called, said, "Sorry, can't help you" and that was it. We are now out appraisal $500, inspection $425 and good faith deposit $1000. No one at Quicken cares that they provided poor information that cost us $1925.00. Run from this company as fast as you can. After a lot of reading reviews today I am sad to say I am not the first person that they have done this to. Completly heartbroken and sick from this experience.

Original review: March 20, 2018

When I contacted Quicken Loans to get a loan to purchase my first house, their representative asked my permission to run my credit and see how much money I would qualify for. I had already picked a house that was on the market for $170,000 so that's how much I told him I wanted, if my credit was good enough. After pulling my credit, he said that I qualify for that amount and he would send me a pre-approval letter. The letter came and it was in the amount of $115,000.

When I asked what happened to the 170 amount he said he'd get back to me with a second pre-approval letter that would show that amount. Two months later, I get the THIRD pre-approval letter in the amount of 161,500, which was still not enough and certainly NOT the amount we had discussed all along. I contacted a local loan officer to get a second opinion and I looked at my credit report and it turns out that they did a hard credit inquiry 4 times in a 2 month period!!! Only the first time did they ask for my permission to do so.

When I contacted Quicken Loans and asked about the issue, they told me that according to the Fair Credit Reporting Act they could check my credit as many times as they needed to for the whole duration of the process, even if I didn't give them permission to do so!! I asked him where in the reporting act it said something like that and he told me it was too big of a document for him to point out the specific place!! They just assume that customers would know that, without anybody telling us so. My credit was excellent when I started the process and it went down by 20 points!! Not sure if they're doing this on purpose so they can offer you lower amounts or higher interest rates, but it doesn't seem fair and hardly legal. Buyer beware!!

Original review: March 19, 2018

I recently attempted to refinance my home through Quicken Loans. My initial mortgage broker was helpful and encouraging when he asked me what I thought my home was worth. Based on a refinance amount of my outstanding loans (2) of just under $160,000 we aimed for an appraised value of $205,000. This would cover my closing costs. In other words Quicken/Rocket would roll them into the loan. This was acceptable to me, so I agreed. I was asked to put up the $500.00 "good faith" money. I complied. The appraiser came out, did his appraisal and submitted to Quicken/Rocket. It came in at $200,000. Enough to pay off my existing mortgage, but not the approximate $4,400 in closing costs, which was now my #1 option. Which, it never was because I told my Rep., we are retired, and I do not have that kind of money to bring to closing.

So, fast forward to today. The cost for the appraisal went from $175.00 on the initial cost workup, to $475.00 on the revised loan offer, and I also paid for an expedited loan payoff requested from Bank of America, even though we had almost the whole month of March to close. That cost me $30. So, I am out $505.00. In the end, I believe, and know, the appraised value was low. I was hosed. In doing some light research I read that Quicken Loans closed $400 billion in loans last year. They couldn't fund my loan at $205,000, instead of $200,000, and pick themselves up $4,000 in fees? Go figure. Next time I will refinance local. I would caution anyone about extremely conservative appraisals by the unit used by Quicken Loans/Rocket Mortgage.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I was contacted 3/10/18 by an employee Billy after ignoring calls in the past. I told him I did not qualify for a refinance. Since a few months back I filed for bankruptcy. I asked him specifically not to run my credit because I was trying to reestablish it. They had my info from the past and in spite of my request they ran it. Which brought down my score that I've been trying to reestablish. I was notified by a Fraud Alert from Trans Union by text that evening letting me know that my credit was looked into by a 3rd party through Quicken Loans. Regardless that these calls are supposedly taped, after complaining to an Andrew in their Detroit office he agreed he heard me tell this Billy NOT to RUN my credit that I didn't qualify but that Billy was able to. So for a Company to do that in spite of what I requested I would BEWARE. Who knows what they would say or do for your signature.

Original review: March 16, 2018

After speaking with a couple lenders and learning about their closing fees and interest rates as shown on their loan estimate I decided it would be best to get a third quote to make sure I was receiving a fair deal for my new mortgage. Based on commercials seen on TV and Quicken Loans promise to have reduced fees and easy loans I decided to give them a try.

Calling Quicken loans was very personable at first and my loan agent even shared that my loan fees would be very low and my rates would be competitive. Now understand I had a unique case going into this loan process but was assured by the loan processor everything would be ok. Well, once I paid Quicken Loans for appraisals for two properties I was passed on to another person. Their job was to gather all my financial data and make sure I qualified for the loan. It seems as everything was on track and I was anxious to sign extensions for closing and even a new loan estimation forms. It was the loan estimation forms that started to make me wonder how legitimate and fair Quicken Loans really was. Well, I can assure you that based on the significantly increased loan fees I was not getting a deal at all.

The loan fees went from a modest 3-4k to over 11k. It was at this point I called my loan advisor and asked for clarification as to why they had increased my fees so much. After repeated conversations, they stated they would fix but never did. This leads us up to a closing date. At this point, I advised the loan processor that I would not move forward with the increased fees and wanted to go back to the loan fees we originally agreed on in the beginning. It was obvious they became irritated and eventually advised that one of my loans no longer qualified because they could not verify my residency. Mind you this is the residence I have listed as my homestead with the local county and state. So I'm not really clear how it can not be verified.

In the end, they just wanted to refinance an investment property that should have netted me about 11k in cash out. But you guessed it. They raised the fees again and not I would only get a measly $900 check. Absolutely Ludacris. My recommendation to anyone thinking of using Quicken Loans is to stop and run to their nearest local banker. They will at least treat you fair, be easy to talk to, and in the end treat you like a human being.

Original review: March 16, 2018

If you aren’t looking for a non-personalized experience then they are the one for you. I decided to go with another bank because I felt so wanted. Someone close in my hometown and someone to sit down and talk to instead of always over the phone. Quicken Loans was VERY nice to me until I told my rep that I choose another bank. I told her I wanted a more personalized experience and she replied “well what’s more personalized than being on your couch”. My reply, “this is a mortgage lady not QVC”. If she bought a wedding dress would she buy it from her couch, no she would go to the store. She replied, “I don’t like to shop in person”. I’m thinking, wow she is mad and patronizing. I quickly ended by saying, "Ok, well I decided to go with another bank, thanks." She told me my file was deleted.

So roughly an hour later, she calls me back saying “we hadn’t talked in a while and I wanted to offer you a new home rate." I said, "I just talked to you and I said I was going with another bank." She was shocked and said “oh I thought you were someone else”. My reply, "Yea and this experience is sooo personal, right from your own couch” lol. They call so many people, they forget who they call. They are like robots just handing out loans. She claimed she could beat anyone’s quote but I had a very high score and three banks all matched their number with less fees. They get high customer ratings because they call people all day. Call center loans... no thank you. Once my loan is complete, I’ll never hear her voice again. I’ll just get another call center. Don’t say no or you will see the mean side of them!??

Original review: March 14, 2018

November 14, 2017, I took the steps to apply for a refinance/cash out with Quicken. Within minutes I was approved. I was given instructions on what to send (all online) and the process started. The cash out was to pay off a few bills and do some much needed home improvements. I was assured the process would take about 2 weeks. I found out that the State of California had placed a lien on my home. In order to remove the lien, we would take care of the outstanding state tax bill with some of the cash out (I make monthly payments directly from my bank account to Franchise Tax Board). We were having tax issues a few years back that sent us to a tax attorney.

We were already in negotiations with the IRS (offer in compromise) and were waiting on the settlement amount. Quicken's representative told me that in order to complete the process, we would need to pay the IRS as well. There was no lien from IRS. There was nothing showing I owed IRS except the tax returns I sent Quicken. They decided that I should pay IRS the amount on the tax returns; cancelling the negotiations I have paid an attorney for. I told the representative that made no sense. He stated either I paid IRS or the deal would not go through. At that point, it had already been 6 weeks. I believed his ultimate goal was to increase the amount of the refinance. I have a lot of equity in my home. Had we already had a settlement amount, I would have gladly agreed to paying that amount.

He never asked for the name of the attorney, he never asked for the agreement to give power of attorney in tax matters. He never asked for anything other than to mess up negotiations already in progress. And he was just the last of 7 different people I dealt with. Don’t waste your time with Quicken. I ended up with an inquiry on my credit and my mortgage holder selling my mortgage to another company. Both of which caused my credit score to plummet! I took my experience with Quicken very personally. I will NEVER deal with them again.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Joe ** had called me after filling out a form and asked if he could do a credit run and that it was a hard inquiry. He said that it would roughly drop around 6 points and it wouldn't hurt me too bad. That is the only reason I gave him permission. It dropped me 12 points on Transunion and 16 on Equifax. He said he would get back with me after I sent him my pay stubs and never did so I had to call him and when I told him about my credit he was telling me he never gave me an estimate on how much it would drop. I am highly dissatisfied with this experience. If you are not sure about how it will affect someone's credit, you should not give an estimate.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I had an absolutely terrible experience with Quicken Loans. I had to repeatedly tell them no as they tried to use high pressure sales tactics to push me into a loan I didn't want with Lender-Paid MI. They refused to provide any loan estimates in writing or take no for an answer, so I told them I was done with their BS and hanging up. They continued to try to call me repeatedly and I had to block their number. Then they tried to call my wife. I would not recommend Quicken Loans to anybody based on this experience. Also, based on the numbers they had the worst deals out of all the lenders I talked to. Their rates weren't particularly competitive and their points were expensive. They wanted to charge over $6000 in points to get to a competitive rate and started us at par instead of giving us any discount on rate for good credit (780+).

Quicken Loans expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Quicken Loans is an online mortgage lending company. Founded as Rock Financial in 1985, Quicken changed course in the 1990s to focus on online lending and has since become a leading mortgage lender.

• Refinance information: Quicken’s website has a host of information for consumers looking to refinance their mortgages. A list of frequently asked questions, a direct line to a home loan expert, a list of required documents for refinancing and numerous other bits of advice are all located easily on the front page.

• Dedicated HARP page: Because HARP is in effect until September 2017, consumers still have the opportunity to see if they qualify for HARP refinancing. Quicken provides a comprehensive guide to HARP loan modification including eligibility information and answers to frequently asked questions.

• Zing blog: Quicken’s featured Zing blog contains relevant articles not only about home ownership and mortgage refinancing but also about lifestyle topics like gardening and technology. Quicken regularly updates this blog to keep information current and topics varied.

• Online calculators: Whether a consumer wants to refinance their home loan, is looking for a new home or wants to see the impact of making additional payments on their existing loan, Quicken offers free online tools to calculate estimated savings and expenses. The online mortgage, refinancing and amortization calculators are easy to use and provide instant financial estimates.

• Mortgage comparisons: Quicken provides a loan comparison chart, so consumers can see the various loans Quicken offers at a glance. The chart has brief descriptions of the loans with links to more information and application pages for each loan.

• Best for: Quicken is best for consumers looking for instant information about mortgage refinancing.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs