3.14/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

4168 Quicken Loans Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

We were going to go with Quicken because they offered us an awesome rate that nobody else could beat. I received the loan estimate and it had us paying well over $10,000 for the rate. I called and told them that I didn't have that much money laying around, so they raised my interest by almost a full percent in order to "bring no cash to closing". When I received the new and improved loan estimate, they did have a higher interest rate, but still have me paying $8,230 at closing. That was AFTER they offered me $11000 toward closing and my $3000 down payment. Their total closing cost was $26,616. I told them that was higher than what it should be and they tried to convince me that it was "industry standard" and I would get the same closing cost anywhere.

I went to our local bank and received a pre-approval and loan estimate and my total closing costs are $9,853 with $8280 in incentives, which after my down payment, leaves me with money in my pocket. My interest rate is also lower than what quicken offered. The closing cost wasn't the only issue with me. The red flag that actually got me looking into everything was when they were asking for some crazy things and were asking for me to submit documents that had already been submitted several times. I also had to sit on the phone and teach their employee how to read a bank statement and instructed him on basic computer functions to make his job a little easier. After 2 days I wanted to rip my hair out, so I went local. So glad I did!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Quicken Loans was great when I refinanced our house. However they are the worst at dealing with insurance losses! I never would have financed through them had I known the quagmire I would face having a tree fall through our house! My insurance company was great in adjusting and paying my insurance for repairs, yet any losses over $40,000.00 the insurance company has to pay Quicken and then after the most ridiculous amount of requested paperwork they supposedly release the money to fix “their” house! They have been sitting on those monies for three months now, lost paperwork four times, can’t communicate with each other and keep requesting more unnecessary paperwork! We have been out of our house seven months now with no end in sight and no work performed because they continue to hold my money!

I understand that people have ripped off the mortgage companies in the past (taking their insurance payment and abandoning the house) and they have to protect their investments. But this is insane and stress I don’t need! In this crazy process my husband died (I believe because of the stress!). All he wanted was to go home. We are looking at being out of our house another two months because of Quicken’s lack of competence! They continue to lose paperwork, today I resubmitted the contractor’s business license (fourth time!), and can’t get an inspection for payout I requested four times! I’ve never dealt with such stupidity in my life. In the meantime you can be assured your insurance payout monies is being used to make Quicken more interest. Investors in Quicken Loans beware!

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Warning honest review of a First Home buyer and lessons learned: As a first home buyer, I was contacted by Glen ** when applying for Quicken Loans. In our conversation he seems very nice and was very assuring that I would be taken care of. We even agreed on the rate lock on a rate that was below current market average. So far so good. Quicken Loans/ Rocket Mortgages advertise a "Rate Shield" at which they advertise. "Lock Your Interest Rate Lock your rate for up to 90 days and protect your monthly payment from going up while you search for the right home. If rates go up, your rate stays the same. If rates go down, your rate drops. Either way, you win!" You will hear this over and over if you are put on hold on their phone service.

A couple months later, I finally find a house and its now time to close and wrap things up. I get updated disclosures of the loan but my rates are still the same from two months ago. The market averages have dropped around .5% to 1% since my rate lock. Expecting what has been advertised. I wrote an email asking what is going on, I was later told wait for their pricing sheet to update. Finally after a week, I another call from a different broker asking if I had questions, and I asked for some kind of update on my new rate based on what was advertised by "Rate Shield". I was told it was the same as when I first signed up two months ago.

This prompt me to investigate my options. And here is where all my lessons begin teaching me the world of brokers and how they work for lenders. They are salespeople who earn their commissions by the fees they can mask into your estimates. Glen ** is no exception in double or even triple dipping into tacking on fees... such as $850 application fee or $300 underwriting fee (these are the same as origination fee). Also hyper inflating appraisal fee to $850, which they are only $400 to $500. And to further add to the crooked "30 year veteran", after my final call with the other broker, Glen attempted to woo me with a new "lower rate" that he had management sign off on. But when you look over the estimate, the fee went up $1000 because he tacked on further points.

So in the end, I chose not to proceed. I am now out $500 and this is my own fault for being a first home buyer. So if you want to pay more closing cost to have a shady broker collect a fat commission off you and for them to not follow what they advertise by all means go ahead with Quicken Loans\Rocket Mortgage. In the end they are no different than any other company that has the systematic broker between buyer and lender. My $500 lesson for first home buyers: 1) Shop around, get as many loan estimates you can 3 to 4 and compare them. 2) Research the fees that are on the loan estimates, you can find out which are "junk fees" such as Glen attempted on me. 3) Never give money until you did step 1) and 2).

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Absolutely the WORST experience with any business in my 74 years on this earth. My son's house burned and since Quicken was the lien holder, all structural insurance re-reimbursements had to go through them. State Farm Insurance very quickly paid the claim to Quicken and then the problems started. I submitted one invoice to Quicken for the demolition contractor in July and he finally got paid near the end of November, and that was after dozens of angry phone calls, threats, etc. The builders actually quit construction for 2 weeks near the end because of non-payment. Most incompetent and unresponsive business on the earth.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Great credit, equity; supplied all info, after five days they could not accomplish verifying employment. All they had to do was phone or email the contact which never occurred. Who knows if this will ever get done.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quicken Loans?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

We had a very bad experience with the appraisers that were provided by quicken loan. They were not familiar with the area they were appraising so their appraisals were pretty inaccurate. I took the appraisal before the tax board of review and they pretty much laughed at it. They're were 6 appraisers in the room and they just thought it was ridiculous. We've been working with schwab for many years but think that this was a very bad choice of business relationships on their part. They chose comparables that were not comparable. All in all it was a terrible experience.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Quicken Loans - Rocket Mortgage has made the refinance process straightforward with an easy to use website, however the fees are quite high. You can negotiate the closing costs down. Beware of promises made by loan officers to reimburse or prepay fees for home appraisal or other closing costs. I was misled.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Right out the gate this company cheated me on PMI. Told them from the start I will put 20% down to avoid it. Guess what? They snuck it in there with a $80 shortage. I was so defeated I gave up. Now as a mortgage holder I'm paying $50 extra towards my escrow to not be short so I don't get a loan increase and guess what? Yup - they are trying to increase it anyway so that the loan balance goes up and they can collect more interest. This company is a horror story, run far away.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

This was my first time trying to buy a home. It as really stressed me out with the process. I went through so much and still didn't get the loan. I feel Quicken Loans should have known what my qualifying situation were and if I qualify in less time than it took. I went through all that for nothing. I was approval to shop for a home. My realtor got a letter then nothing.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Had problems before we signed. They would say things were good then it was not good, went ahead and signed in 3 months. I am now behind 950.00 on escrow account because taxes went up 200.00 a year. Now they want 120.00 more per month. For what? It's like talking to idiots. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND GOING WITH QUICKEN they are just as lost and I can not get answers.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

After they dropped the ball in the loan process they kept my $500 deposit. Wouldn't provide proof and refused to let me talk to a superior to the department. If they did their job right in the first place we would have ended our conversation on day 1, however, they insisted on trying to get around the facts. Unbeknownst to me, the wording used by the loan officer was false. Even though I was upfront about everything, they argued that it was my job to correct their officer and for that reason, they get to keep my money. It's STEALING AND LYING. Is what it is.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Over the past 6 months I have always been impressed. From the initial contact to resolving escrow issues, this has been the most professional and considerate lender I have dealt with. I refinanced my home with Rocket Mortgage about 6 months ago and every contact I have had has left me impressed. I have worked with over a dozen mortgage lenders throughout my life and I have never been this impressed across the board. Great rate, easy online account management and friendly/professional support. I will continue to recommend them to anyone I know that may be interested.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Wow... What a horrible experience and I just can't believe I wasted an evening and a whole morning with these people. R ** started out nice enough when I was looking to refinance my FHA mortgage to get into a conventional loan with the sole purpose of getting ride of the mortgage interest which costs me $1k annually. He asked to do a "soft" pull on my credit which he promised won't affect my credit score and was able to give me two options based on my credit score. Well...suddenly, the system flagged him to review my credit again which I was told was not as favorable this time and now the two options I was offered, I was not longer qualify for. Says he'll talk to his supervisor and see what they can offer based on the much much lower credit score...

Fast forward, I was offered a high interest FHA loan and cash out of over 20K which I don't need and a monthly payment above my comfort zone. I was told, the 20K cash out would be used to cover a portion of my debts, which I have to do in order to qualify for the loan and the rest, $7500 would be given to me at closing. Suddenly, I was looking at going from a $80K mortgage to a $111K mortgage with the refinancing. I asked where the other 10K was going and was told fees, escrow and closing, etc. I asked to see the loan offer in black and white and was told they can't do that until I do a quick application. With my interest peaked, I did the application and was emailed a link to sign up for their online portal. R ** was on the phone with me this whole time because he wants to walk through the signing process with me to answer any questions.

I pulled up the loan review, looked through the numbers, then looked at the loan information section and found again, that the numbers were inconsistent-$1300 was unaccounted for based on my loan information and the loan review. I told him I need more time to review the offer and look through the numbers more. He asked why I'm hesitating. I told him, I don't need the cash out, don't need a higher monthly payment, a longer loan term, and I can take care of my debts without getting into a bigger mortgage.

At this point, he became very pushy, saying how he's trying to do what's best for me based on my financial situation and that I should trust him and how they have the best customer service, how this will save me thousands of dollars. That if I don't take this loan and wait, the interest will go up due to the government shutdown. Then he insisted that he put another agent on the phone who is the best at what he does to better explain this to me.

This other agent was downright mean, pushy and literally was bully and criticizing my finances and how THIS THE BEST OFFER for me and this loan will give me the breathing room I need, will save me thousands, and that someone my age should have 40-50K saved up in savings and 401K, etc., how he sees that I don't have this, how this loan will again help me do that...and telling me to sign their intent to proceed form- which I did while on the phone----Because, darn, this makes me feel bad and they really made me feel like I'm horrible at managing my finances and that this was the only way to "loosen" things up.

I listened and thanked him and the line was transferred back to R **- he commented saying how he sees that I signed the intent to process. Now all he need is my debit card to put down the $500 deposit which will go into the loan and cover the closing costs. I ask if this deposit was refundable if I end up not going through with the loan and he says he wasn't sure and will have to ask a supervisor but keep insisting on taking down my card information.

I went as far as grabbing my wallet BUT something just tells me this wasn't right. Thank goodness I listened to myself! I told him, I'll need more time to think this over and to give me until the next day. He said, he can only give me until the evening because he will be busy tomorrow and the loan may change if I wait. I'm pretty sure he thought he got me as at this point. He still insisted on getting my card information before we get off the phone. I told him straight out that I'm not ready to give him my card information and that I will talk to him later- which I have no intention of doing BUT needed to get off the phone with them due to how pushy they were.

A few later, I sent him an email stating again that this wasn't the right loan for me and to remove my application. I sent a follow-up email asking him to remove the hard inquiry on my credit as he promised that it won't affect my credit. This was his respond: "Per our conversation, it is a hard pull but it is a minimal effect on your score. Usually it may affect by 1 or 2 points. A lender credit pull is weighted differently than for example a credit card company or a car dealership." ----NOT WHAT HE TOLD ME THE EVENING BEFORE. Moral of the story- don't attempt to business with Quicken Loans. They will push and bully you to the point of signing and giving them whatever. I just glad I remember to listen to ME and not THEM.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I was told all my initial documents were good and the loan should close in 21 days. The underwriting dept asked for more documents to show my child support. After providing all documents required, they turned around and stated that the paperwork I submitted did not show that the money was in fact my child support. (After I told them I don't have cancelled checks that it's directly deposited in my account by my son's dad) So now they've wasted 2 months of my time and nobody there can make a decision and we keep going round & round asking for the same paperwork they already have.

The irony is my business account more than covers the cost of my loan in itself, so there's zero risk. So now that they ran my credit, wasted my time, I still haven't gotten the deal done and my credit dropped because of all this. Now I'm compromised if I go to another lender. They really know how to stick it up your **! I will never! Never! Never! Do business with them again. This was the worst experience of my life!!! I will be getting an attorney if they do not refund my good faith deposit money! Everyone stay away!!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I was selling my home and at the same time wanted to purchase another one. I contacted Quicken Loans/Rocket Mortgage. I was approved for $300,000. I found a house for $324,000. Was sent approval letter. I sent in all the paperwork. Received numerous phone calls for over 3 months from 6 different agents all hours of the day and night to send in the same paperwork that had been already sent. I had already sold my home. 2 weeks before closing Quicken calls stating that they are not going through with the loan. Now I have no loan and nowhere to go. Thanks to my Realtor. She connected me to another mortgage company and I went to closing on time.

I was lucky that I never gave Quicken any upfront money other than the inspection and appraisal fee. They knew from the beginning everything. I changed nothing during the 3 month process. For them to wait until I was almost on the streets to spring this on me was sooo cruel. What they do to people should be punishable by law. Run. Don't do business with them unless you have good health insurance. They are very rude and stressful and they don't care about you. They are still sending me emails and phone calls to apply for a loan or refinancing. Isn't that called taunting?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Stay away!!! They will promise and not deliver. They will ask you to make a deposit to show good faith, but when they are not able to give you a better rate or savings from your current loan, you are then out of the deposit that they promised to give back if you are not satisfied. I have a 850 FICO and no problem getting a loan. I was duped to trust them and in return kept my deposit money after being promised of reimbursement if not satisfied. That was a lie. Please stay away and let all you know about their very slick practice. I will continue to do this for as long as I can to help as many consumers as I can. STAY AWAY FROM ALL QUICKEN... Thank you. From a disabled American War Veteran.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Quicken Loans is a company with serious integrity issues. My last loan resulted with them resulted in my being harassed by illiterate offshore support who claimed I had no insurance on my property and threatened to force me to buy insurance. I refinanced with Quicken Loans because I thought it is an Evil that I know how to deal with. Shame on me. They have already started harassing me claiming that I did not pay my taxes and they are going to force me to escrow. I have never had a problem in 20 years of paying my taxes. Their support is completely incompetent and just repeated the same lies on the phone. My credit score is 800 so I don't need Quicken Loans telling me that I have to escrow with them. In addition to incompetence, poor customer service and dishonesty, they routinely hound customers to refinance with repeated phone calls. Fool me once, shame on them. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

My wife and I have refinanced twice with Quicken Loans for to a 30 year fixed and then a 15 year fixed. Up until that point Quicken had 5 stars with us. Then comes the unsolicited "follow up" of checking on clients to see if they can get us a better deal. And I have no problem with that if it is done respectfully and professionally. The problem I have had recently is high pressure sales to refinance on unfavorable terms and then a refusal to drop it when asked. We were offered an 8 year loan with unfavorable terms compared to our alternatives. When I politely declined it took no less than 3 emails to say goodbye. I do not like high pressure sales. It obviates the need to refinance with Quicken in the future. When/if we refinance it will be with somebody else.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

It is amazing to me the lack of professionalism, communication, and basic checks and balances this company has... Especially considering they are one of the largest lenders in the market. Rescheduled again, for the 3rd time, because of a document that isn't signed that the processing team doesn't have but should have had since our 1st schedule closing was canceled. When you read reviews and consistently see that the company being reviewed doesn't communicate well to ensure they have documentation effectively and efficiently then it makes you question who to partner with and trust our business with.

This will be my last deal with Quicken. I hope other Realtors read this review and know that when you work with companies that don't run efficiently and effectively it also hurts your relationships with your clients... and ultimately any future business you could have earned because the buying/selling process as a whole impacts how your clients rate you as the Realtor. Don't let an unprofessional poor communicating lender damage your business and trust with your clients. All it takes is one bad experience.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Quicken Loans offered a one-stop-shop approach, along with a special $1,250 deal towards closing. I'm 65+, but not retired, and used my life's savings towards a down payment on a condo. Their salesman Tim did not tell me I did not have to escrow homeowners insurance and taxes with them; his co-worker did. When I said I didn't want to, Tim called me up and convinced me; it's part of their "worry-free" approach. That is a laugh. They sent the wrong amount (about $500 too little) to the Tax Collector. Then the QL agent argued with me about Quicken Loans being right and me wrong, that I had to send QL a written statement from the Tax Collector.

Quicken then emptied out my whole escrow account, sending a second check (snail mail?) to the Tax Collector, who claims they still don't have the money. I asked QL to remove my escrow account, per the contract, and their response was they sold my loan to Fannie Mae, and they are not allowed to do so. The QL agent Sashae who has been handling my case, informed me, using the royal "we", that despite what I think of them, she believes they are very professional --- once I made them aware of the problem, they fixed it. There was not supposed to be a problem.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I have a high credit score and sufficient income, as they also confirmed in the beginning of the refi process. It took them 45 days to send me from one department/process to another, different people responsible for that process and so on. It boiled down to providing just two more documents, me paying off the car loan and my credit card. I did them both and send them the documents.

They kept saying we need a document saying you have paid your balance on your credit card. I sent them 3 documents instead of one. Their intelligent underwriter department could not read or understand two simple bank documents saying I paid off, and neither the amount withdrawn from my checking to that CC bank. The last person in charge of the process was a complete idiot who did not know the process, and was constantly out of the office just giving lip service. I only found ONE person who was genuine, and that was Bob ** who really tried to help the situation at times.

Finally I got sick of them after 45 days of run around and went to a local bank. Main Street Bank in Fairfax, VA approved me in 3 days from the time I provided them basic documents and I was at the settlement 10 days later!! QL offers people good teaser rates to get you to sign up with them. They have NO intention of providing you a loan with that rate. This is all part of the show that would gather more applicants, so they can CLAIM that they have the highest number of loans/applicants in the country. Highest number of applicant to fill their quotas??? Save yourself, find a better bank, possibly a local bank or other, and save yourself aggravation of dealing with incompetents and showmen!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I wish that I had read the complaints before I got started. The previous reviews are so accurate... At Quicken Loans, no one knows what the other person is doing. The refinance process was long, complicated, stupid and redundant... I also was asked repeatedly over the course of a week to document that I had paid off $63 on a credit card; btw, I had paid it off and even my credit card company (AMX) could not believe the stupid conversation we were having about that $63. I could not believe the number of phone calls and general confusion from day-to-day regarding the process. And right now... 10 days after closing... The loan has been recorded but no funding has occurred. My previous loan has not been paid off and the $20,000 cash-out has not been sent. Surely there are laws governing their irresponsible behavior!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

If there was a 1/10th of 1 star that's what I would have put down. They are the most useless bunch of idiots I have ever dealt with. Putting 70% down on a house and they want me to prove I paid my $27 Shell bill. Called my insurance company to ask for a copy of my insurance policy on the house I want to buy. Why would I insure a property I don't own? I own 3 other houses free and clear with a 750k value, have another 300k in the bank and 500k in other assets and they want me to show I paid a $27 bill? They have zero common sense, their employees must have 3rd grade education and basically, if you want to have an upset stomach, sleepless nights and spend 40 hours on the phone for nothing, use Quicken - the jackasses of the house loan business.

I guess their claimed 95% satisfaction rate must be for people with lousy credit because obviously my 770 and wifes 820 credit rating isn't good enough for these morons. Use a local bank. These guys are nothing more than stinky turds that want your $500 application fee. P.S. They had me so pissed off and frustrated, I went to the bank, took out the 100k I needed to close, paid cash, have no mortgage and will be sending them a bill for the 40 hours I wasted trying to answer all of their stupid questions. Worthless worthless worthless. Use a local bank.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

For the most part my experience with Quicken Loans was positive. Lauren, Amelia, and closing agent Nathan were helpful, professional and overall just excellent. Everything positive changed 24 hours before I was to close, having had turned in all requested documents 6 weeks prior, I got a call from a 'conflict consultant' named Doug **. He explained that there was an issue with my wife's employment. He was smarmy and arrogant in questioning my wife's work situation. Worst of all he seemed completely uneducated about any work situations that may be considered normal outside of his local Michigan bubble. He very arrogantly asked me. 'How can your wife be a full time nanny/ house manager in Los Angeles and be buying a house in NV? That's pretty far don't you think?'

I would suggest if Quicken Loans is going to hire people like Mr. ** that they educate them that in markets like Los Angeles people in my wife's position make 6 figure incomes or more to manage people's households. They also have homes in other areas and states. It seemed utterly unheard of to Mr. ** (and the underwriters apparently) that she could be a NV resident while commuting the whole 50 minutes to LA via plane! This after I provided 3 different letters over 6 weeks prior from my wife's employer explaining her position, situation, compensation and responsibilities all approved by the document department. Perhaps Quicken Loans needs to hire more worldly 'conflict consultants' to cater to markets like Los Angeles and New York because Mr. ** came off like an arrogant, unworldly idiot.

Mr. ** then informed me that more documentation would be needed and this would delay my close and possibly even cause my loan to be denied! 24 hours before closing! My wife and I searched for 6 months for the perfect house. Now that was in jeopardy 24 hours before we were to close. I was actually at the final walkthrough when Mr. ** called with this shocking news. When I expressed my outrage that Quicken Loans was bringing this to me less than 24 hours before closing he was just silent. When I told him I would be contacting a backup lender he replied 'no problem'.

It is worth mentioning that my wife and I both have FICOs over 740. We had never been so much as an hour late on a mortgage payment on our prior home. We had $150,000 plus cash liquid. We were putting 20% down on a 270k property with an annual income well over 100k. We were qualified buyers and we knew it. Still we were told our loan was in jeopardy. Ridiculous.

For this reason I would never ever do business with Quicken Loans again or recommend them to anyone. Any company that would spring this kind of news on a home buyer less than 24 hours before scheduled closing has a lot of work to do with regards to their underwriting and operating procedures. Not to mention hiring employees with proper people skills.

Even more outrageous was the email I received from Mr. ** the next day congratulating me on my approval (only after I let Quicken know in multiple emails to all concerned that I intended to accept a loan offer from Leader One if they could not meet my original close date) and asking me not to hesitate if he could be of any more help! In the end Lauren, Amelia and Nathan were pros. They kept me up to date and got my loan back on track. They should be commended. Mr. ** should be transferred to a position where he doesn't interact with people. My experience. Take it for what it's worth.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

We submitted all the paperwork and QL seemed to be very cooperative and competitive (rate-wise). Once we started signing papers however, we realized that our numbers were changing and not in our favor. We were told that the numbers discussed on the phone/over email were not guaranteed, authorized or locked in. Every time they would send us new "fixed" paperwork, the dates would still be wrong, lines of information were missing and they expected us to sign on their promise to "fix it" again.

When we finally told them we were uncomfortable signing any more incorrect docs, we were sent up the line to supervisors and retention. They screwed it up even worse and when we told them to cancel everything and close our app, suddenly we were getting our promised rate, the docs were fixed and we were closing. The night before our closing date, the numbers changed again and the closing person had to explain why - I just about walked out of the room. We decided to finish it and not surprisingly our troubles were still not over. We waited the required 3 days for closing to disbursement and the day I'm expecting a wire transfer, we get an email - not a call; nothing personal; no rush - that our payment will be delayed because I didn't sign one page.

WE SIGNED EVERYTHING MULTIPLE TIMES THROUGHOUT THIS PROCESS and they "forgot" to tag one signature line and the closer didn't see it either. WOW - why am I not surprised?! So, I signed the paper, emailed it back and asked to be called. They called my husband at work instead. Then when I found out, I gave them a call to answer my questions. The lady was short, disrespectful and overall a terrible example of handling customer concerns or complaints. She offered no help, no explanation and no time frame. Don't waste your time, your money and stress yourself out with these people. Save yourself the grief and if it means paying a couple extra bucks in interest, I'm sure ANY other company would do better than this. I am sad to be leaving our original mortgage company and I have regretted this experience for over a month.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Quicken Loans did a fantastic job with our loan. I was dealing with another local mortgage lender and they kept screwing around with all these extra fees, so after talking with my brother who has used Quicken with 2 of his home loans, I made the call. Took about 40 days from start to finish and approved for 4.15 back on April 8, 2018. I would highly recommend to anyone. On top of all that the home loan gets transferred to Rocket Mortgage and the only access is awesome. 5 stars for sure.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I was approved for a mortgage by Quicken, received the approval letter, along with a specific offer for both a fixed and ARM option. I decided to go with another lender, who simply offered a better product. The broker thanked me for the opportunity to try and work with me, and we ended our dialogue, via email. I went into my application to formally withdraw it, and found in my file that I had been issued a 'denial' letter on the basis of an 'incomplete packet'. This was utterly and completely false, and on the simple basis of business ethics I will be filing a complaint. The broker I worked with at Quicken was Mr. Blake Kalaf. He should be relieved of his ability to broker mortgages in the future. My decision to select another lender was strictly based on business, on numbers, on available rates and closing costs. A fabricated 'denial' letter says a lot about this company, none of which is flattering.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Called us to offer a way to lower our bills. Wasted our time for 5 days. Kept asking for various things. W2, pay stubs, proof of money in bank etc. And after telling my wife everything is good and once they verified we had 5000 dollars in the bank we would be approved and then at the last moment they say, "Sorry. We can't help you. Call back in 10 months." I wouldn't be so mad but they called us.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Quicken for years was a program that you could run on your PC. Since Intuit sold it it has become a money grab. I do not need online access or support but the company freezes your software after 1 year. Wants you to pay again for software you already paid for. This change of rules was NOT made clear when version 2017 was purchased. Another US scam for money, I could have kept my 2015 version for nothing.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I refinanced a year ago with Quicken Loans and had a pretty good experience (aside from the notary they sent, she was pretty rude). This past October I listed my home because I’m moving across the state. I reached out to Quicken Loans for a pre-approval so I could be ready to make an offer once my house was sold. Unfortunately my house didn’t sell quickly, so I had phone calls, emails and texts on a daily basis from my loan officer for over a month. Every time I picked up the phone I’d mention that my house hasn’t sold yet, but I’d reach out when I could.

That didn’t make a difference. It got to a point where his director sent me a text message asking when my house would sell. It was stressful selling a home already, so receiving daily texts/emails/calls about when it was going to sell really soured me on using them. I had another pre-approval through a credit union prior to using Quicken Loans and they didn’t harass me at all. In the end, they're giving me a better deal on closing costs and my interest rate. I'll never use Quicken Loans again.

Quicken Loans expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Quicken Loans is an online mortgage lending company. Founded as Rock Financial in 1985, Quicken changed course in the 1990s to focus on online lending and has since become a leading mortgage lender.

• Refinance information: Quicken’s website has a host of information for consumers looking to refinance their mortgages. A list of frequently asked questions, a direct line to a home loan expert, a list of required documents for refinancing and numerous other bits of advice are all located easily on the front page.

• Dedicated HARP page: Because HARP is in effect until September 2017, consumers still have the opportunity to see if they qualify for HARP refinancing. Quicken provides a comprehensive guide to HARP loan modification including eligibility information and answers to frequently asked questions.

• Zing blog: Quicken’s featured Zing blog contains relevant articles not only about home ownership and mortgage refinancing but also about lifestyle topics like gardening and technology. Quicken regularly updates this blog to keep information current and topics varied.

• Online calculators: Whether a consumer wants to refinance their home loan, is looking for a new home or wants to see the impact of making additional payments on their existing loan, Quicken offers free online tools to calculate estimated savings and expenses. The online mortgage, refinancing and amortization calculators are easy to use and provide instant financial estimates.

• Mortgage comparisons: Quicken provides a loan comparison chart, so consumers can see the various loans Quicken offers at a glance. The chart has brief descriptions of the loans with links to more information and application pages for each loan.

• Best for: Quicken is best for consumers looking for instant information about mortgage refinancing.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
    ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Quicken Loans Company Information

www.quickenloans.com
    Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.