4.2/5 (1903 ratings)

About Quicken Loans

Quicken Loans is a mortgage lender that provides a variety of home loans and refinancing options through Rocket Mortgage, its online mortgage platform. The company is licensed in all 50 states and is one of the largest mortgage lenders in the country.

Pros

• Available nationwide
  • Multiple mortgage options
  • Easy online application

Cons

• No USDA loans
  • No in-person services

Bottom Line

Quicken Loans offers a streamlined online application for home loans and refinancing. Those who want to purchase a home, lower their mortgage payments or get cash out of their home might find its services helpful.

Top Quicken Loans Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We had an excellent experience with Quicken Loan - from the initial contact with the mortgage broker to our closing. Very responsive, knowledgeable and professional. The whole tra...

Verified

The overall loan experience was great. My only issue was the amount of documentation required for the loan that I had never had to provide for previous loans with Quicken. At time...

What is Quicken Loans?

Quicken Loans is a nationwide mortgage lender. The company offers mortgage loans and home refinance loans, giving customers the ability to complete the process entirely online. Those who would rather apply over the phone can speak with a company Home Loan Expert. Quicken Loans services 99% of its loans, so borrowers work with the company from the time of their application till they pay off the loan.

Quicken Loans services

Quicken Loans specializes in mortgages and refinancing services. When you apply for a home loan or refinancing — whether it’s online or over the phone — Quicken Loans shows you loan options along with rates and costs. Customers can choose when and where to close on a loan. Loan types include the following:

• 30-year fixed loans
  • 15-year fixed loans
  • Adjustable-rate loans
  • FHA loans
  • VA loans
  • Jumbo loans
  • YOURgage fixed-rate, custom-term loans
  • Refinancing for cash, lower payment or shorter term

Quicken Loans FAQ

What does your credit score need to be for Quicken Loans?
Quicken Loans has a general minimum FICO Score requirement of 580. The lender requires a minimum FICO Score of 620 for conventional loans and VA loans.
Does Quicken Loans do personal loans?
Rocket Loans, which is related to Quicken Loans, offers personal loans for vehicle purchases, home improvement, debt consolidation, traveling and just about any other purpose. Apply online to find out what offers you qualify for without any effect on your credit score. Funds are available as soon as the same business day.
What kind of loans does Quicken Loans offer?
Quicken Loans offers mortgages, reverse mortgages, refinancing and personal loans. You can get most types of mortgages through Quicken Loans, including a custom-term, fixed-rate loan lasting from eight to 29 years.
How much does Quicken Loans charge for closing costs?
Quicken Loans’ closing costs depend on the loan type, the type of home you’re buying, where your home is located and other factors. Expect to pay 3% to 6% of the purchase price.
Where is Quicken Loans located?
Quicken Loans’ headquarters is in Detroit.

Is Quicken Loans good?

Quicken Loans is one of the most widely available online lenders. Through Rocket Mortgage, it offers a completely online loan application process, which is convenient for those who don’t have time to visit a bank or financial institution. We think it’s worth considering for most types of purchase and refinancing loans. Keep in mind the company doesn’t offer USDA loans, though.

Quicken Loans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quicken Loans?

Original review: April 10, 2022

Your company was recommended to me to check out for a refi on my home. I did do some comparison shopping and though your rate was not the lowest, your company was the most efficient and professional of the ones I dealt with. The staff was very knowledgeable and kept in good communication letting me know what they needed, when they got it and what the next steps would be. They also did not waste any time getting the whole thing done and that was a great relief to not be dealing with it for weeks. I would definitely not have any problems with recommending their services to anyone considering refinancing their home. I really appreciated their professionalism and desire to get a positive ending to the process with as little pain as possible to myself. Thank you team!

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

Thank you for an opportunity that I am able to be of value and stand with our family in a life event we’re experiencing. My mother explained once when our kids were toddlers that their problems get bigger right along with them. Helping them learn and grow to be their own person means having band-aids and encouragement handy. Learning new technology has been quite challenging with this experience. Your business protocols developed during the health emergency fit nicely into my first-aid kit there with the catchers gear and soccer pads for learning how to ride a bicycle. Managing risk responsibly enables people to gain confidence and grow in new directions. Your trust is valued treasure. May blessings continue for your business enterprise.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

The web site was very good. It didn't take too long to figure out what to do. We had 4% in points, I saw online an advertisement mentioning 2 points. I re-ran the numbers and it still seemed a reasonable deal for me so I proceeded anyhow. The process was very efficient, very impressive. The fees/points did come out higher than I expected when we started. Dallas L was responsive, but I was still left wondering about those points. I was asked whether I would be checking other possibilities for refinancing, and I wonder whether I would have had a different outcome if I had said yes. I wonder why some of those fee'd items need to be done (like title search) when we have already financed with you. That was clearly done already, and we certainly did not sell and re-buy the house in the interim.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

Adam was fantastic in closing the loan. He answered all of my questions and made me feel good about the process. I have never had such a wow factor in closing on any loan and you all put all the others to shame. You’ve left them in the dust. You were the first ones contacting me almost immediately after my online submission, had the best rates, best customer service, and the name of Quicken to back up your resources. My last mortgage was sold out underneath me and I just don’t see that ever happening with Quicken based RocketMortgage. I have relayed your superior overall service to many friends already and if anyone ever asks me about it, I know where to send them. The app is great as well and I love how I can setup biweekly payments as well as one time payments on the principal. Thank you all for an excellent experience!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

It is with great pleasure I correspond this letter to all of you as I have had an excellent experience dealing with both Rocket Mortgage and AMROCK. On October 05/2021 until the closing on November 01, 2021 I have had everything to say with a positive experience. From the beginning of a telephone conversation, on October fifth, with Tamara **, Senior Power Banker, Client Care Specialist Team at Rocket Mortgage. She presents herself as a professional, positive and caring person. Tamara is open minded to helping prospective future people want and need help financially. Both teams are professional and well organized and they don't miss any aspect of the organization. Two GREAT organizations to deal with. Thank you for helping me. It is appreciate. With Warm Regards.

Ruth **

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

My experience with Rocket Mortgage was fantastic. I could not believe how easy it was. Brian **, who was my primary lender, was great. Also, the team of individuals who responded to me when I had a question were very efficient and timely. I sought a refinance to pay off high interest credit cards, (which have been cut up-smile) and now I can concentrate on paying off my mortgage and just enjoying my life without much stress. Thanks so much.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

Rocket Mortgage made our buying a new home so easy & smooth I couldn’t believe it! I started out with someone else & they wanted me to several other things to get approved & it turned into a nightmare! So I tried another way & they wanted to charge me a small fortune & I found out the way they recommended me to the paperwork was fraudulent! Then I tried Rocket & I was amazed at how easy & smooth they made everything! Thank you to all those that helped us in our journey. Even with all the hiccups along the way they still made it smooth sailing & now we’re in our new home that we all adore!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

Rocket Mortgage offered extremely competitive interest rate and processed all the paperwork efficiently and effectively. All Rocket Mortgage personnel with whom we dealt were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The entire process went through smoothly and in a very timely manner. I would use them again if I needed to obtain another mortgage.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

From the start all the way to the close was a very agreeable experience. The people we were in contact with were very helpful and friendly. Whenever we had a question, they were very quick to respond. The Website is very user friendly, as well.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

This was my first time working with Rocket mortgage and would recommend Rocket mortgage to anyone for any mortgage needs. Very professional, communication was on point every step of the process, friendly and helpful staff. Closing was fast, convenient and efficient. I will definitely be using Rocket Mortgage in the future!

Quicken Loans Company Information