3.30/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

4135 Quicken Loans Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I decided I didn't want to refinance with Rocket/Quicken Loans after all and the loan person talked to me for over 10 minutes trying to convince me that he knows my financial situation better than I do and he knows I need to refinance. Do not even try to cancelled refinancing with Quicken/RocketLoans - they are terrible, I actually had a tension headache talking to them. Better yet don't even go thru the process of refinancing with them - they are pushy and they won't let it go - I didn't want the appraiser to come on her terms and she was terrible and she wouldn't let up and I told her - "Please cancelled" and they gave it to another appraiser but the same company called Amrock and I am so stressed out now - and I might have to call my attorneys to actually let them know at Quicken/RocketLoans I am no longer interested in refinancing with this company. I am so stressed out from them.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I called looking for a personal bill payer loan and was told that Quicken does not do those so I said thanks. We disconnected. Then they started calling me and it looks as though I had an inexperience sales person who then called me back later and said they do personal loans. I told them we did not want a refinance and then he started calling at least 4-5 times a day and finally I got in touch with him and he started telling me how I needed to refinance our home in order to obtain a personal loan. I told him we did not choose to do refinance and he tells me what is the best for me? We argued for about 5 minutes and then he continued insisting for a SSN and I refused to give him one.

I wanted a manager but I do not think this place has managers. The last thing he tells me is that refinancing is the best thing for me? That is not what we wish to do so I told him, "Do not call me back." This was a nightmare because he called at nights, weekends, holidays. This guy would not stop and he was trying to tell me what I needed and not what I asked for in the first place. I would love to know how they are rated with 5 stars when they deserve 1 star. We were honestly looking for a legitimate plan and this man had his own plan for us and that was not what we were gonna take. That is because he makes a lot more money for a refinance of a home than he would a personal loan referral. It is all about how much money they can put in their pocket. The customer is just another number to them.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I have unsubscribed (or so I thought) from their emails three times. I continue to get them, in fact I received 3 in the past 2 hours. I would never do business with a company that cannot even take me off their email list.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I reached out to Rocket Mortgage first to see about buying my first home. Because there were complications (I bought it from my parents), it was taking longer than expected. I received daily emails, calls and texts from the contact and then from his boss. I also looked into other lenders to see what the experience would be like and what rate I could get. In the meantime, after what I felt was harassment from Rocket, I decided to go with another lender. Rocket charged me the cost of them pulling my credit report, which I thought was ridiculous as that is part of trying to write a mortgage with a borrower. It was an overall terrible experience and I would not recommend them to anyone who can't close on a home in 2 days. They want to push you through the process as fast as possible with no consideration for the needs of the buyer/seller. I was disgusted with the constant barrage of contact from them.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Misrepresent themselves - pushy - get bombarded with phone calls. This happened twice now. I go to a site, this time: https://www.seniorsavingclub.co which says nothing about Quicken Loans, instead talks about an FHA loan. Phone calls start and guess who? Same thing happened before. Now I will have to endure weeks of this. They won't take no for an answer. I hear they overcharge in the closing costs, use higher interest rates, yet they claim to be the number one lender nationwide. I don't believe them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quicken Loans?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Awful experience. Banker said, "Save 5 thousand dollars, call me back and you're good to go," saved, got approved. They hired an appraiser, came back with a low ball appraisal, still proceeded. Every day asking for same documents over and over, one hand does know what the other hand is doing. They lied from the get-go, closing date was changed 3 times, still pending. They work numbers. They have no compassion, too many people involved and when they say they reviewing it, sits on someone desk, and when they do review they send you back to the same person. They did not look at the documents and asks for same documents over and over, awful company, and when they say they have nothing to do with the appraisal they have their own appraiser. It is not a third party who hires them. Stay away from Quicken Loans. They will cause you heartache and problems.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I was considering refinancing my home. I am a customer with Quicken and have been since I refinanced in 2012. Jason with Quicken called me so I listened to his various options that would best suit my needs. Gave him information I probably shouldn’t have and told him I’d think on it. Tony, the team captain came on line and tried to convince me I should proceed. I called my brother and asked his opinion. My brother advised me to leave my mortgage alone. Within minutes Jason was calling me back to see what I had decided. I told him, "Thank you for your time but I’m going to pass." He immediately began pushing me and trying to persuade me to go forward with a new loan. I said “no and I’m going to hang up.”

Jason continues to call multiple times a day and leaving harassing messages. I’m feeling concerned about my existing loan with Quicken. I’m tired of my phone constantly ringing. I want to block the number but I know they will continue to call from other numbers. I may need to write the BBB. I hope they don’t steal my identity. I used to have such a high opinion of the company but now I just fear them.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

The application process was easy. Got preapproved 4.75% rate. At that point, I felt comfortable moving forward, so I paid the $500 appraisal fee that was required to move forward. However, after I gave them the money, they increase the rate to above 5% with a “loan estimate.” I explained to them that I might be going through different mortgage company due to this, and they sent me to a retention specialist - **, Steven.

Steven explained that he could work with me to improve the interest rate. He eventually sent me an updated loan estimate while I was on vacation. As I didn’t review it in time, he decided to cancel my loan application. I explained to him that I could review it now, and take a look, but he said it was too late and that I’d have to start a new application. I even left Steven a voicemail asking for a callback. He did not return my call/email and instead sent me an email the next day saying that he had canceled my loan even though he received my email saying I needed more time/help finding the updated loan estimate numbers. So basically, they have my $500 for “appraisal costs” that they’re not willing to return, and Steven canceled my loan without my permission.

In addition to the scammy interest rate hike, poor customer service, and canceling my loan without my permission, their closing costs were $7000 more and the interest rate was ridiculously high compared to other mortgage companies. I’ve never seen anything more unprofessional my entire life. Also, they refused to refund my money even though the retention specialist Steven ** cancel my loan without my permission. The funny thing is that I was going to use them, but now, I have no interest in dealing with a company that has poor morals, and customer service representatives that are rude and incompetent.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

It has been my experience whenever you need assistance with a problem Quicken Loans favorite word is, "We will research it and get back to you." They do not get back with you with results but say, "We are still researching it" which means indefinitely. They are not problem solvers or effective communicators. Wish I never ever did business with them.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Quicken Loans is a huge scam, almost a pyramid scam. They will say anything to get your money, and then a day before closing they will back out the deal and you will lose your money. As they say it was nonrefundable. Before I gave them any money, (they kept hounding me for the $500 good faith) I told them my situation, wife and I are renting to buy the house we are in, been here for 2 years and have a contract with the landlord. We have all the paperwork and "money trail" to all funds given to the landlord from our bank, my bank handled everything. QL said, "That is not a problem but we want $500 before we can do anything," so we gave QL the money and they assured us everything was A-OK.

I had to pay out of pocket for all the testing and what not, that was expected. But then a day before closing they said they couldn't approve the loan because they can't accept the down payment that was paid to the landlord at the beginning of our lease agreement. Said I needed to pay QL the $7500 more for the closing since that's what I paid in the beginning. The house was $60k, we put $7500 down and paid $900 for 2 years and wanted a loan for $35k. As per my contract with the landlord. House was appraised at $85k. QL said the contract between the landlord and us was null and void with them and demanded we take $85k loan and all the money we paid in meant nothing. So I went to my personal bank and within 2 weeks my wife and I are homeowners no thanks to (NON)QUICKEN LOANS. Save your time, money, patience and sanity and stay away from these pyramid scammers.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I called them on a Sunday, was told someone would call me back. Never happened. I called them Tuesday, I was told someone was going to call me Wednesday. Never happened. When I called to see what happened, the man told me that they are a very big company. When I said I'd like to do the survey, he hung up on me.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Quicken loans is the absolute worst company to deal with. In applying for a mortgage loan they insisted that was applying for an investment loan when in fact it was going to be my primary home. After writing a negative review I received. Call from a customer relations specialist named Erin who said she was going to investigate my problem. It went nowhere. I would recommend people stay away from Quicken and deal with a local lender.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I have always been a America First snob. In the beginning of wanting to refinance my home I contacted AFCU. They stated I, alone, myself would not qualify nor could I use my part time job income (because most part time jobs don’t last). My fiancé told me some of his customers had raves about Quicken Loans. I contacted them and hesitated, so I hung up. I got a text from Brittney. (I’m all about texting if possible.) She was so helpful and text me very clear answers on everything I had. The Rocket Mortgage app is awesome. I submitted all my documentation she needed AND my part time job pay stubs (Along with my full time job also of course). :) She gave me multiple options and the payment was perfect.

I was able to pay off all of my loans and be debt free. I read on the reviews after I had started the process that people weren’t happy and were passed on to other people, having to provide all the documentation over and over again. This did not happen to me. Everything was forwarded on to the next person. When it came time to close, they send someone (a notary) to my home!!! I picked the time and they were here with my paperwork. AMAZING!!! I was finished with the whole process, with no lies, no pressure within 2 1/2 weeks tops. I would highly recommend this company to anyone planning to refi their home. Thank you Quicken Loans/Rocket Mortgage for everything!!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I recently retired and was curious about Quicken Loans interest rate on a refinance and whether it would lower my monthly mortgage payments as advertised. Instead of receiving that simple information, I was roped into giving my SS # (stupid on my part) and found out after the fact (from Credit Karma) that a hard credit check had been done as if I were applying for the loan, not simply inquiring. I called Quicken’s customer service and asked that they remove the hard credit check and they refused to do so.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I started out applying online to streamline my home buying experience. Once I was preapproved we continued our home search. Once we found a house that we wanted, I called my Rocket Mortgage rep before making the offer. I kept getting the runaround on what he needed to move forward. After a couple months of dealing with Rocket Mortgage, I called a local lender and within a week was able to make an offer on the house. I do not recommend wasting your time, contact local lenders if you are serious about buying a house.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Advertising the fastest approval process in the business our recent experience with Rocket Mortgage by Quicken Loans was abysmal. As small business owners we know it takes more to get approved so we went the extra mile and got verified approved (same as cash the folks at Quicken Loans told us). When we found our dream home a few days later and went back to Quicken to set the closing date. That's when to our surprise the whole process started over again, this time asking for even more documents. For every document we submitted they asked three more documents, each more bizarre than the next. As we voiced our concern and frustration about the barrage of documents QL demanded, staff became more belligerent and combative. Finally we decided to walk away from Quicken Loans and pay cash for the house. Not our first choice, but fortunate for us an option.

The warning here is that a verified approval is anything but. That businesses like Quicken Loans do not care about your business. Staff was belligerent and combative, not trying to remedy the situation. The promise of a quick and "pain free" process is simply not true. Fortunately for us we could afford to pay cash but we understand that is not possible for everyone. So be very wary when you start with Quicken Loans.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

DO NOT USE QUICKEN LOANS OR ROCKET MORTGAGE. It's essentially a numbers game. They'll pre-approve you for the loan. The customer experience on the front end of the transaction is fantastic! You'll have a great "executive banker" who's skilled in the ways of customer service and striking a deal. He/she will get you everything you need in order to convince you to fork over what they refer to as a "good faith deposit." Given your preapproval on income, debt, and credit, you'll assume you're moving forward. They claim the $500 will be applied toward the closing costs. Things are moving along fine. You'll start packing up your house; arranging for your tenant to move in; the sellers will move out of their home; you will have spent thousands of dollars in preparation for your big move.

Then you'll get a phone call a week before your closing date. In my case, they made an accounting error and miscalculated my debt-to-income ratio. They'll suggest you pay down your credit card debt to bring up your score--only to realize that their "hard inquiries" on your credit make this attempt futile. You're then left with a house filled with boxes, a soon-to-be-homeless tenant, sellers who now have an empty house, and family coming into town for Thanksgiving in your "new house." - But only it's not your new house, it's your old, small house filled with boxes and no dining room table because you sold it to help with the move.

GO WITH A LOCAL BANK. Save yourself the stress, emotional torture, and expense. Do not be romanced by their slick advertising or friendly "executive bankers." Believe me, I feel like suck a sucker for falling for it. Fortunately, I'm now working with a local bank who is helping me get a new loan. But I have to start all over again (including more money out of pocket).

They'll get your $500 in the first few days of your relationship - then wait weeks before putting your loan through underwriting. If anything is wrong with your loan, you'll find out about it days before closing. And you're out thousands in moving expenses and the $500 good faith deposit because they'll claim it was used toward the appraisal and other costs. STAY AWAY from Quicken Loans or Rocket Mortgage. No doubt they'll get their comeuppance one day through an expose on 60 Minutes or The New York Times.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I specifically told the call center rep that we have already bought and home and did not need a loan anymore. The agent by the name of "Tom" that was probably stationed in the Philippines, continued with his script. I told him again that I was not interested as I have already bought a home. He then transfer me to an agent to try and get me a loan. Very disappointed in my experience. Management needs to reevaluated their policies for the call center.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

On September 24, after talking to my husband for almost an hour, Samuel ** convinced my husband he could easily help us obtain a VA loan and that we should be able to close before the end of October. We have a VA loan from a bank now, but wanted to refinance our home. We have also had other VA loans from our bank, which were fairly easy.

After the conversation on September 24th, Sam asked for a series of paperwork, which included my husband's DD 214, which is what every other lender asks for. On September 25th Sam had all the paperwork he asked for. At that time we had to pay upfront for an Appraisal, $450. The Appraisal took another week and a half to schedule and complete. On October 8th it came in higher than we expected. At this point we had all documents, as well as our appraisal completed. We expected a closing date.

For the next week Sam's "crackerjack VA "team" kept asking my husband for a DD 214 MEMBER 4. My husband never heard of that form, or ever had to use it. They had him fill out a form, which they said may take a week or so. It became more than 2 weeks when we asked Brandon why it was taking so long. We even stated if they couldn't get answers we were going to look elsewhere. Brandon essentially said the VA had more important documents to produce for people who needed death certificates and other paperwork. He hoped they would get to our request soon. If we had to go with someone else, basically he said "we should do what we needed to do".

I Googled the illusive Member 4. Wikipedia states the VA never gives out copies of the Member 4. I emailed Sam this information and never got a response. My husband and I tried to email him again two days later and both our emails were bounced back as if we were blocked from his account. We canceled our loan with Rocket/Quicken Mortgage. If you do decide to go with this company make them tell you exactly what papers you will need and make sure you have them before they come up with an illusive document request and cannot tell you why, or when it will be available for you to close on your loan. It cost us over 1 month's wait period even though we had documentation they originally asked for, as well as a good appraisal. Beware the VA loan.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I wish I had read reviews here. I applied for and was told approved for refinancing. Lots of red tape. Then after paying 500.00 was told property didn’t meet their guidelines because I had more than one kitchen. Predictor in this case.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Obtained a VA Jumbo mortgage for $575,000 at 3.5%. We put about 100k into the transaction as a downpayment and closing costs and prepaid some interest for a quarter-point reduction in our rate. Application to pre-approval took one day. Conditional final approval took about another 10 days. Satisfied all requirements about 25 days before our closing and just waited. VA appraisal was done on time and was fair market value for our property. The only curveball was a requirement for a termite inspection, but we were given three weeks notice, and it was a requirement for our state, so I put the blame more on the realtor than Quicken. Closed on time, on the day originally promised with zero issues. The only problem with closing was after Quicken forgot to get a document to our title agent for us to sign, and asked us to sign and send it back to them, it took a total of ten extra minutes.

We have had zero issues with the servicing of our mortgage; everything is clearly laid out in our monthly statements including the impact of our additional principal payments. We had a unique situation where we are property tax exempt but had to pay taxes into escrow at closing. Quicken did an escrow review the same day and refunded our money in 7 business days. We were warned about Quicken possibly being an issue, however from our perspective as long as you give them what they ask when they ask we had no issues. Brad was awesome, so was Mel.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I received an approval through Quicken Loans (Rocket Mortgage) back in July 2018, for an FHA loan with an interest rate of 4.25%. After paying a $500 fee for appraisal fees, I completed signing paperwork through a portal, that contained my paperwork. My consultant (Angela **) would email or text me to ensure I completed each task was left on the portal. Weeks and weeks went by with me sending copies of bank statements, copies of bills, payoffs for my home, check stubs and many other personal information.

After a month into everything a consultant specialist (Eric **) reached out to me and asked if I would be able to cover around $10,000 in closing costs, I stated that I could obtain the cash from my 401k (of course I had to turn in copies of the withdrawal from my 401k). A couple weeks went by and I would have a new item on the portal to view, so I would check my new loan disclosure and the closing cost was showing $13,000.

It is now October, my loan disclosure shows that the closing costs are over $21,000. Eric emailed me saying that we were near closing and that I would be hearing from him. When Eric called, he said that the mortgage on the house was behind since May of 2018. I have paperwork showing that the mortgage payments are up to date. I even had proof uploaded on my portal. Eric didn't try to help my understand where this information came from. If there was a problem with the previous mortgage on the home (wouldn't that have come up way before now). I don't know how this company is allowed to still remain open after they are taking people's money and not being upfront about what they can or can't help you with.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I couldn't believe that they would cheat and change the locked interest rate before the 40 days (their own policy). I have plenty of evidence on the email and documents. I am gonna take legal actions.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

Everyone please be warned that if you’re buying a house, do not go with Quicken Loans. They are unreliable and borderline scam artists. I’m sharing my story in the hopes to help others in my situation. I’ve been approved for a loan through Quicken Loans for two and a half months now, and I was supposed to be closing on my house November 1st. I was approved for an FHA loan, which is 3.5% down. About a month and a half before closing, they called and said that due to market conditions closing would need to go from $3,500 down, to $5600 down. Which is extremely stressful, but I found a way to make it work.

Four weeks before closing, they call again and inform me that a full year's home insurance must be paid in advance. Which I had never been informed of previously. I reached out to a family member, who was willing to help with the $1000 I was short towards insurance. Once I got the home insurance set up, and switched my car insurance to get a bundle discount, they call again. A week and a half before closing. They now inform me that due to tax fluctuations, they will be requiring $8400 down with the year in advance of insurance paid. On a first time home buyers loan. Thinking I would lose the house, I reached out to my realtor, who reached out to the seller. The seller offered to loan me whatever I was short for closing, and I could pay it back to him.

Thinking all this was finally over, I relaxed a bit. Until receiving yet another call. My realtor informed me that Quicken Loans denied the loan from the seller. So, I have everything I own in boxes and nowhere to go, thanks to the worst loan agency I’ve ever worked with. Do not go with Quicken Loans. Additionally, I spoke with a supervisor there about my experience, and did not even receive so much as an apology. They have also denied my request to refund me the $500 deposit I had put down for the loan. This has been the worst business I have ever dealt with.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I was informed by Bryant, (3) three days before my closing date, that due to the Condo Association's Homeowners Associations contract, Quicken Loans could not follow through with my loan. I believe they should have checked that earlier in this process. They left me in a panic to find another way to get a loan, and hope my seller will agree to change the closing date. Quicken Loans staff said they sure were sorry. But they were not as sorry as me. I will never recommend this business to anyone. Others who dropped- the -ball on me, Ryan **, Alan **. I hope they never have to experience the sadness and disappointment of an experience like this. My Mom's favorite saying, when someone or some business mistreated her, was "What goes around, comes around."

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I have had to place a fraud alert, due to Quicken Loans' deceptive business practices. I was inquiring about a possible, Harp, or refinancing. I was made CLEAR, I was only in the informational phase of this process. In my conversational with ALEX of Quicken Loans, I made is clear. Alex was professional in manners. I guess, his attempt to build a client rapport. Alex ask to run my credit, in which I CLEARLY STATED... "DO NOT RUN my credit," as I was only in the informational stage as with other mortgage companies. It was taped and recorded for him not to run my credit. He do so only under the guise of verifying my information provided from a prior request 1 to 2 years ago.

I tried to reach a resolution with a Quicken rep by the name of Jill. She stated, even though I clearly recorded & stated don't run my credit. He did so. This is a company not to be trusted. Read other client write ups. You can expect; Sleazily, and deceptive business practices here... Go with Home Depot. This is only my experience and option. Read other client comments for yourself's.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I'm afraid that Quicken has become too comfortable with their success and their LO's (loan officers) have decided to overprice their loans for their own benefit. I was a current Quicken customer and was looking to refinance with cash out due to my current financial situation. I shared with my rep that I was currently going through a custody battle and needed to use some of my equity to pay off my credit cards, legal fees and just get a fresh start. I feel like because I was honest, they knew I was more desperate for the cashout and gave me a horrible offer.

My career is in financial services and I even previously worked for a company that gives awards for customer experience, so I trusted Quicken's brand and reputation... all I can say is, DON'T!!! SHOP AROUND before you ever sign with this company!!! I had multiple lenders offer $10K LESS in closing costs! HUGE difference and honestly, I feel Quicken was trying to take advantage of my situation. If they will treat a current client who has great credit and never been late on a payment, how will they treat you? Don't believe the marketing hype... they offered me a loan with horribly inflated closing costs. I received the same 30 yr fixed, same appraisal amount, same interest but over $10K more in the cashout offer due to the closing costs from the 2 other lenders I looked at.

Quicken then had their "retention team" reach out to me multiple times where I avoided their calls and didn't return messages. I finally ended up talking to 2 different "retention team" members where one decided to threaten me and tell me to feel free to call them back in a couple months when my payment goes up and isn't what this other lender promised. What a scare tactic! HORRIBLE to do to a single mom in distress about her financial situation and just wanting to pay off debt and lawyer fees! Like I said, SHOPPING AROUND in this competitive market is KEY!

Getting a couple quotes can only help you and educate you to what is available. It doesn't hurt your credit to have multiple lenders pull your credit when shopping for a mortgage. Just need to do it in the same timeframe. Don't trust the JD Power trophies that Quicken is the way to go! I'm so SO grateful because I have $10,000 more in my bank account because I refinanced with another lender and left being a Quicken customer!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Charlie **/Rocket Mortgage/Quicken approached me for a refinance waiving the majority of costs and fees. Said I met all criteria so I decided to trust him and allow the transaction to proceed. After successfully overcoming the many obstacles, viewing the final documents, questioning the new payments I reviewed the documents. Turns out all those ”Free” fees and charges magically surfaced, and I was also asked to come up with $3k at closing? Once I questioned Charlie, he disappeared. No reply, no explanation and suddenly a letter from them stating I no longer qualified for their products?

This is a typical bait and switch scenario, and now I am very wise as to how this company works. Use caution when proceeding, he is a salesman not your buddy, and if it sounds too good to be true in the beginning, it probably is in the end. Oh and btw, I did secure a better loan rate, waived fees and genuine customers service from my personal bank. Educate yourself before falling for their scam.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I was shopping around for a mortgage loan and stumbled across Rocket Mortgage, owned by Quicken Loans. I applied online, got a "pre-approval" email in minutes and was assigned a "specialist", Kevin from their Detroit office... here's where it gets fun. I sent in via the secured portal, all papers and bank statements. After a few calls from Kevin where he tore apart my bank statement line by line and 4 weeks later, I receive a message from Kevin now saying I need to "Have funds in reserve" to proceed and must show those funds in a bank account. So I sold an extra vehicle, a lawn mower, and an atv and added those proceeds to my bank account... Not good enough! Now I was told bus a phone call from Kevin, that I need to document exactly what those deposits were from... So I forwarded copies of the sold items which included title copies, bill of sale AND bank deposit slips matching the "reserve funds".

Keep in mind, my bank balance before all this was more than sufficient! Talk about jumping through hoops! Now today, No one called but cowardly I was left a message on the "Secure portal" that states "sorry, but before we can proceed, per underwriters,". That "I must produce appraisals of value for all the items sold, from a car dealer or mower dealer". WHAT? How and the heck am I to track down and asked the new owners to let me take the item you bought back and go get a "certified" value appraisals!!! It's now apparent that Rocket Mortgage does not trust anyone! I can't believe what they asked! Don't waste your time with them, go with a locally funded mortgage institute, like your LOCAL BANK, that's what I did and (got approved in 72 hours) and should have from the get go! Like I said, Rocket and Quicken, WHAT A JOKE!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

10-12-18. My experience with Quicken Loans is like all of the negative reviews here put together. Today's winning comment from Quicken Loans' winning “Executive” was my issue was “inconsequential”. I could very well lose my home (with substantial equity) because of their failure to do the paperwork for the refinance correctly and timely. Unlike most mortgages mine has a due date "balloon". If I miss the balloon date, the foreclosure will start. It is not about making the payments (I do). It is about getting the refinance before the due date.

As a Veteran using my VA loan for the first time I expect some difficulties. However, Quicken Loans repeatedly blamed the VA for items and standards which in fact the VA does not require. There is no excuse for that. It took a little effort to find the real rules but they are out there. Many thanks to the VA employee **. I couldn't figure out why we started having so much trouble on a simple, previously approved, loan, Then I remembered the FED raised the interest rate and there is more money for the company to make elsewhere. Never mind that we had paid for an interest rate lock. They wanted out of their commitment. After reading your experiences it seems that their bad behavior is simply their business model.

Just like all of you, I want justice. I don't believe for a minute that these posts will effect this big company. The occasional reader might steer away from Quicken Loan but it won't hurt them. Nor will it remedy the great damage they have caused to me and my family. Where is the justice for us, and for you with your complaints.

Reading the other posts here I believe there is a pattern of deceit which borders on a violation of the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA) laws. If so, there is a place to hold them accountable. Now, the enforcement of RESPA is in the hands of the CFPB with the assistance of state attorneys general. Very few consumers are aware of the laws out there to protect them. Because they don't know people don't seek redress for the damages caused by unscrupulous companies. The companies keep reeking havoc on people's lives and racking up the profits in the process.

Consumer Affairs a great service to the community but may be too little too late for many of us. If you “blow off steam" here with your post and move on, the company wins. You lose. The trick is to stay angry even after you have moved on. Take the fight to the next level. They were perfectly happy to take your money, your time, your expectations, your reputation and throw it under the bus to make themselves a little profit. The is not what Capitalism is about. That is not what America is about. We are better than that. WE deserve better than that.

My life experience says that banding together can effect change and maybe find justice. We do not have to suffer in silence. There is a Federal Watchdog agency out there which offers some hope for justice. This FEDERAL Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is your tax dollars at work watching out for you. It is like calling the police when you see something suspicious, or dangerous. Some problems are too big to handle by yourself.

I wonder if all the complaint posters here followed up with a formal complaint to the CFPB if we might find justice. I see on the government site where there have been settlements of more than $14 million dollars against banks and mortgage lenders their misdeeds. Again, this web Consumer Affairs provides a great service but it should be the beginning, not the end. I'm taking my complaint against Quicken Loans to the next level. I hope you will too. "Pray for the Dead-Fight for the Living" - Mother Jones.

Consumer Affairs a great service to the community but may be too little too late for many of us. If you “blow off steam" here with your post and move on, the company wins. You lose. The trick is to stay angry even after you have moved on. Take the fight to the next level. They were perfectly happy to take your money, your time, your expectations, your reputation and throw it under the bus to make them selves a little profit. The is not what Capitalism is about. That is not what America is about. We are better than that. WE deserve better than that.

My life experience says that banding together can effect change and maybe find justice. We do not have to suffer in silence. There is a Federal Watchdog agency out there which offers some hope for justice. This FEDERAL Consumer Financial Protection BUREAU is your tax dollars at work watching out for you. It is like calling the police when you see something suspicious, or dangerous. Some problems are too big to handle by yourself.

Quicken Loans expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Quicken Loans is an online mortgage lending company. Founded as Rock Financial in 1985, Quicken changed course in the 1990s to focus on online lending and has since become a leading mortgage lender.

• Refinance information: Quicken’s website has a host of information for consumers looking to refinance their mortgages. A list of frequently asked questions, a direct line to a home loan expert, a list of required documents for refinancing and numerous other bits of advice are all located easily on the front page.

• Dedicated HARP page: Because HARP is in effect until September 2017, consumers still have the opportunity to see if they qualify for HARP refinancing. Quicken provides a comprehensive guide to HARP loan modification including eligibility information and answers to frequently asked questions.

• Zing blog: Quicken’s featured Zing blog contains relevant articles not only about home ownership and mortgage refinancing but also about lifestyle topics like gardening and technology. Quicken regularly updates this blog to keep information current and topics varied.

• Online calculators: Whether a consumer wants to refinance their home loan, is looking for a new home or wants to see the impact of making additional payments on their existing loan, Quicken offers free online tools to calculate estimated savings and expenses. The online mortgage, refinancing and amortization calculators are easy to use and provide instant financial estimates.

• Mortgage comparisons: Quicken provides a loan comparison chart, so consumers can see the various loans Quicken offers at a glance. The chart has brief descriptions of the loans with links to more information and application pages for each loan.

• Best for: Quicken is best for consumers looking for instant information about mortgage refinancing.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs