Quicken Loans

Compare Mortgage Companies

Research top Mortgage Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I would highly not recommend Quicken to complete my loan process. For months prior to our closing, our loan office kept assuring us that we will get a loan. Well, needless to say, two days before we were suppose to close escrow, he calls us to say he can't make the loan. All along we were assured that "We will get a loan". Didn't happen. Embarrassing, most humiliating experience in my life. Oh, did I mention that we were putting over 60% down. We will never use an internet loan service again. Worst experience of my life.

Seemingly good rates, but awful, condescending customer service. I called in to get a simple rate quote, as my boyfriend and I are in the beginning stages of buying a home. I make 55k/year and pocket at least half of that, and my boyfriend does the same. We want to put down 30-35% on a ~200 home. The conversation starts out peaceful enough, but then the agent goes off about how he basically advises against putting 30% down and begins to lecture me and asking questions like "What has the housing market done recently? What happened before that around 2008? What would happen if you lost your job? The monthly payments putting 20% down or even 5% down aren't that different from putting 30% down... I know, I've bought 5 houses" WTF??? I'm not a child, and my finances are my business.

I finally told him that putting 35% down still leaves us with 30 grand in our bank accounts, though I don't know why I was pushed to the brink that I felt the need to explain this. I told him at the end of the conversation that I'm simply searching around for rate estimates. I had to make this point again after he continued to berate me for wanting to put down 30%. I asked him again to get an estimate of the rates that Quicken Loans could offer, to which his response was, "The lowest we can offer you is 2.78%. Have a good day." ??? OK thanks. Guess I'll take my business elsewhere, ya **.

I'm writing this review because I read so many negative reviews I almost abandoned my loan application with Quicken/Rocket mortgage. Honestly, had it not been for Quicken reaching out to me, I would never have gone through with the process. I had already decided to abandon the process, left my $500 on the table and walked away. I did not want the grief. That's how convinced I was that I had made a huge mistake after reading all the horrible reviews. I just have to say that my experience was absolutely wonderful. Not one hiccup, not one surprise. My loan was approved in 17 days, I closed 6 days after and the loan funded in 3 days.

Not only was my loan process fast and easy, I also got a great rate and terms - better than my local lender was offering me for sure - and closing costs that were half what a local lender was charging. I don't pretend to know the circumstances of those who wrote such negative reviews - and I certainly do not question the validity of their claims - but in the spirit of fairness I feel obligated to tell another side of the story. Quicken exceeded all my expectations and I would absolutely recommend them based on my personal experience. I've gone through financing a home at least 6 times in my life, and this was without a doubt the fastest and simplest and most pleasant. They even came my home for the closing.

Never provided correct information. Loan specialist did not know their policy. I was told at the last moment that, the fund in my bank account was not sufficient, even though they had that information for a month. And, they kept my deposit (of $500.00) as the cost of home appraisal, even though the purchase was not finalized or confirmed. Neither did I ask for an appraisal. I was told deposit would be returned in case the home is not purchased or if I don't take the loan. Very dissatisfied with their efficiency and lack of transparency.

Applied for loan to buy new home. After my inspector's report revealed 22 things that needed repair (4 major) or replacement I told Quicken Loans officer I was not going to proceed. They took $500 out of my checking account claiming they it was for their own appraisal. The appraisal was done supposedly before I got my letter of pre-authorization. Needless to say I find it all hard to believe.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quicken Loans?

About six weeks ago, I was searching online for mortgage refinancing and before I was even two minutes into the search, Quicken Loans was calling me. I thought it was odd since I had barely started the process and told them so, but I went ahead to see if they could help. Gave them all the information about my debts, my income, etc., and was told, "Congratulations! We can pay off your mortgage and all your debts for just a little more than you're paying just for mortgage now." Sounded good, so I said okay, but then I was asked for a $500 "good faith deposit." My advice is, don't listen to them. When someone says "good faith" you might assume that it meant that as long as you didn't back out of the loan, you would get this money back. NOT SO.

After much back and forth and an appraisal that wasn't worth the paper it was printed on (not THEIR fault of course), they said they could still work with me but the terms would be higher (aka, a higher mortgage rate and monthly payment than originally quoted to me. I reluctantly agreed but then they kept calling back and asking me if I could just pay off one of my high credit cards, they could make it work better. I told them if I had that kind of money, I wouldn't need them, but they didn't listen. Finally, I was told that they just couldn't make the loan work, so I said give me back my "good faith" deposit and I'll find another company. Well, that's when they tell me they can't do that, that the money was actually for the appraisal and other fees. I was very upset and took my argument to highest level I could but was unsuccessful. I'm going to be refunded $63 out of the $500! "Good faith" with Quicken Loans is only from you to them, not them to you!

It took months of back and forth with this company. They were always wanting 1 more piece of information and I got it to them as quick as I could, often within that day. They took my money and discontinued my loan when it was taking too long even though it was their fault it was taking so long. I was very dissatisfied with them. It looks good but don't be fooled.

Called about a loan. They asked the car sales question "if we can come up with the right numbers will you do the deal today." Would not give me the numbers until my wife was available. I told them when we get the numbers we are not making a decision right away. When I called the guy a car salesman and told him that if he did not give me the numbers I would go somewhere else. He argued but never offered the numbers. They also play the vet friendly card, I found them very insincere.

Please, please read Quicken Loan reviews before getting involved with this Company (aka Rocket Mortgage). I only wish I had read all the hundreds of terrible reviews on Quicken Loans before I got involved with them. Let me say everyone is right - at the beginning they lure you in with very nice phone representatives who take your initial information and befriend you - this of course is where I got hooked. But once my application left CeCe's desk it fell into the hands of the most incompetent people I have ever worked with. After one month of sending Quicken loans all my financials and THREE days to closing, they suddenly change the loan conditions on me. They raised the loan costs and even then when they had me with no other options they still decided not to write the loan leaving not just me hanging but the sellers and real estate agents and Title Company.

What kind of company is this and how do they make any money? There is not even an appeal board so that you can have someone else look at your application. I also wonder what is Quicken Loans doing with all my personal financial information? I am working with another Mortgage Broker who is an independent. I am only hoping the sellers will give me another chance. I love this house and now I am not sure if I will have any real chance of purchasing it. Thank you Quicken Loans for destroying this man's American dream to own his own home.

After quickly paying $500, I was told I was conditionally approved! 5 months, 8 different mortgage specialists (using that term loosely), hundreds of documents, hundreds of emails and phone calls and going to closing any day now on 6 different occasions. I was told I didn't qualify. It was the most ridiculous experience I have ever had. It's obvious there is no organization there. I am hoping others will avoid this experience. It's terrible to use such a well-known name the way they have.

Quicken Loans reached out to my husband in May after we made a couple inquiries online. We were pre-approved within minutes, which we both were excited about and everything seemed to be going good so I never took out the time to read and reviews on this company (biggest mistake ever). The initial lender from Quicken Loans that we were working with was great (John **.) unfortunately he had a family emergency and our account was handed over to someone else which we were never advised of. The new guy (David) that we started working with had us to send in some of the same paperwork that we had already sent in to John, which I found that to be strange (1st red flag). David would call both myself and my husband's cell phone everyday asking how was the house hunting process going, which became very annoying being that we live in a small town and we didn't have a lot to choose from.

We finally found the perfect house after about 2 months of looking and the house was $12,000 cheaper than what we were approved for. I contacted David with the good news and he was like "great lets put the offer in and get the paperwork started," about an hour later he called me back saying that we couldn't afford the home. At this point I'm like WTF, how is it that we were pre-approved for a loan amount based on our income, and found something cheaper and we don't qualify?????

This was the worst call ever, because we had already fallen in love with the home and it was cheaper another plus. Not being able to accept "NO" for an answer I reached back out to John (the initial person we were working with) and he was able to get the loan processed and get the ball back rolling again. We then had to send in some more paperwork a lot of it was the same stuff from the two times before. We got the contract done, all the required signatures, got the appointments for the inspection and the appraisal to be done (we had to pay $400 for the appraisal). We were then contacted by Kareem to complete the process and move forward to the next step "The Underwriter". We were told that everything looked good and they don't see anything that could stop us from closing, yes we had a closing date before it went to the underwriter.

Once everything got to the underwriter (Ryan), he began to call and ask us to send it paperwork (4th time), the same stuff from before. Ryan was not a good person to work with at all, he rushes you off the phone, over talks you, refuses to answer any questions, and doesn't return phone calls. He called back a day after he was supposed to only to tell us that the only way we could get the loan is if we had $30,000 to put down. I tried asking questions to find out what happened and his response was "well do you want me to withdraw the loan or not".

Throughout the entire process nothing changed on our end, so this should've been caught in the beginning but the continued to have us send in the same documents 4 times within two 3 months. The lack of communication they have there is ridiculous. Quicken Loans wasted our time, I will never recommend anyone to them for a loan!!! They get your hopes up high only to tell you no in the end!! I hope my review will help someone and save their valuable time. If you still decide to use them please make sure that you are approved before you go out looking for a home. I blocked their number and I can assure you I won't ever call them again.

Quicken Loans initially did work hard to get me into the home loan for the house I wanted. Behind the scenes I do not know how they work. For that I give two instead of one stars. But the conditions of the loan to be at the lower rate and payment were met. However the Quicken staff did the following which was in my view dishonest. In hindsight I think they made the process too artificially strict and had me "barely" meet their unrealistic thresholds only to put me in a position to pay more to get more profit. 1. Despite my clear instruction, they did not calculate the tax rate for a new home buyer, but kept the calculation for an existing homeowner. In my state, the tax rate resets to the standard rate for a homebuyer and increases no more than 3% no matter the value of the home, until a new buyer comes along.

2. They said my credit score was 1 point off the optimal interest rate. This being after I checked my credit and confirmed I was above the threshold. IN addition, they indicated there was a "home buyer's credit scoring" system they relied on. Not Equifax, not TransUnion, not Experian. It was a scoring system only available to home lenders. That scoring, despite my efforts had me one point off. Now, like some other complaints, I am near the end of the entire process and to hear this is absurd. I try to fight it but cannot win, or don't know how. Ok so I accept the lower tier rate. Over the year I complain about this from time to time about them being too inflexible over that one point.

3. After a year, they realize the taxes are not assessed properly. So my loan increases by 200 per month (100 to cover the true amount moving forward, 100 to cover the hole I dug by not being on the correct rate for a year). 4. Now here is where I am livid: After a year and a half of dealing with the fallout from this, I call again, to check on my escrow which seemed to be lower than it should. I complain about that and discuss again the 1 point off. I speak to someone about how they should have told me about the fourth credit bureau they use. Their response: "They don't use a 4th. My credit was 1 point off from one of the 3 bureaus".

It was NOT one point off! I held off proceeding UNTIL I met the threshold! So let’s recap. 1. Paying 100 more for a 1 point off credit score with no flexibility. 2. Paying 200 more to get out of a hole for the tax rate miscalculation that I had cautioned well in advance. 3. Told what I had been told I was not told in the first place. Each one of those brings down 1 star which is why they have.

Mark ** was my mortgage banker. He was there to help anytime I had a question. He was eager to help me with my new home search. He was very friendly and very informed. I would recommend him for anyone trying to buy a home. The pre approval was quick and easy.

I contacted Quicken to see if I might possibly be able to refinance my home and do a cash out to pay off some debt and do some remodeling. First I worked with Jenna, she told me that she couldn't do it because I showed a business loss on my tax returns. So I said okay no prob. She called me back. She got it approved! Then 2 days later sorry no go. Then I'm contacted by Malachi who is above Jenna, he says he has more authority and has gotten the loan all worked out and that if I'd sign my papers that they would submit to underwriting and an appraiser should be contacting me. I told him I didn't want to do this if he wasn't for sure I'd get approved.

He said I wouldn't ask you to do it if I wasn't like 99.9% sure it will be approved. So I get all excited. The appraiser calls we schedule the appointment and two hours later I get an email from Rebecca in their President's Office, "sorry no loan we can't make it work due to your debt to income ratio is just too high." Well, they refused to use my part time job income which I'm not sure why or my 10% annual bonus.

I feel that I have been taken on a ride. A roller coaster where I've been yanked back and forth for the past two weeks. I have been given false hope several times throughout this process and it really seems like a cruel joke was played on me between a team of Jenna, Malachi and Rebecca. I don't know how much they get paid to do this to people but it's horribly cruel to make a person believe they have something then yank the run out from under them. I'm heart broken and sick to my stomach over this experience.

We recently had our home in Charlotte, NC for sale. The buyer used Quicken Loans instead of a regular well founded bank. Quicken Loans appraiser, Robert ** did the appraisal and did NOT get the square footage right, or address the huge workshop on the property. He also stated there were 3 bedrooms instead of 4. When questioned about this by our realtor, he refused to change the appraisal which cost us (the seller).

We put new carpeting in the lower floor, new SS appliances, did a major update to the master bath, to mention a few. ** also did not note that the house is brick!! All he cared about was what the surrounding properties sold for. He had never been in any of them but was quick to make comparisons. When selling your property it should be judged on its own condition and NOT what the idiot appraising it thinks. If you are considering using Quicken Loans, DON'T. Use a bank that you trust, and don't let this man appraise your house or it will cost you dearly.

6 months ago I called to Quicken Loans (Q&L) for a Mortgage loan. The agent was deception by not telling me that there is 3 points in closing. After getting all the information and pulling my credit, he said there is a 3 points, which amounts to $7500 for a loan of 275k, plus closing cost. I felt violated for Q&L not being truthful upfront. I later closed the loan with 3% rate Wells Fargo with 0 point. Today again, I tried to borrow 50k home equity loan against the equity of my house. I had a correspondence with them. The email said: "Currently, we do not offer second mortgages or home equity lines of credit, however, we do offer loan programs that allow you to take cash out of the equity of your home." (Did not clarify that they will take over the first my first mortgage and allow to cash out of 50k).

When I called Quicken loan, agent said he can offer a 2.99% rate for 50k loan. After repeated insisting if there is any point for this loan the agent refused to give that without pulling credit. Reluctantly I provided the information for pulling my record. After pulling the record the agent said that there is 3 points. I was furious and talked to a director level officer. When I tried to understand the cost of point, only then I came to know that I have to borrow the entire first mortgage of $270k and 50k for which I have to pay 3 points. Which will be equal to 9k plus cost of closing (could ran up to 15k). I said my current 270k mortgage is at 3%. Why would I bring that with you and pay 15k closing cost?

So, they were totally deceptive in disclosing the facts that one could take to make decision whether to go forward before pulling credit. I felt extremely violated. I am going to write JD Power and associate and ask them how could they rate Q&L to be number one. I will also file complaint to US Fair Housing agency. I will also spread the deception story to the community I live, I would strongly encourage you to stay away from Q&L. Do not let pull your credit until they informally commit to a rate with your information. They will always bring surprise after they pull your credit report. I do not know what prelease do they get by pulling someone credit and thus affecting their FICO score. Please stay away from Q&L, if at all possible. They are cheater number one!

When I applied for a loan my representative told me that the appraisal was not enough to loan us the money needed. NOT TRUE. The appraiser made a mistake, never heard from Quicken again. This happened over a number of years ago, I have refinanced with no problems though Loanleaders. Quicken needs to learn from them.

I decided to do business with Quicken Loans, and I regret every minute. As a customer with a 805 credit rating I decided to refinance my house. The people at Quicken Loans were very evasive on the settlement fees at first. The guy quoted me 1,100 dollars in settlement fee, and by the end of the settlement it came to $1842. He talked in circles when quoting an interest rate of 4.99%. After filling out all the paper work, he hit me with a $500.00 dollar good faith deposit which I thought would be refunded to me. It's been twenty some years since dealing with a financial company. I will never deal with this company who has a credibility problem. By the way, the guy told me all during the process they never sell their loans. They did, after two months to Freddie **. I blame myself, never again.

My husband decided to check to see if we qualified for a home loan. We did. We hadn't even found a home we were interested in yet, we just wanted a ballpark figure. After looking through these reviews, we took the advice of others and went with a local company. I forgot to mention only my husband authorized his credit ran, I never spoke to anyone. My credit was ran by them 5 times in 1 day.

The rep the hubby originally spoke to began harassing my husband. 10 to 20 calls a day, this was after we had advised him we went local. Then my personal and business phone started the same thing. We both blocked the guy's number realizing he wouldn't stop. Now, for the kicker. Quicken turned around and gave (or sold) our personal info to multiple companies. I get over 2000 emails a day, and another 30 or so phone calls. They are all companies that think I am trying to refinance my current home. We paid cash for our current home, sorry nothing to refinance. Our new home is closing escrow in 3 days, can't refinance that either. They continue to call with the same b.s. I have asked to not be bothered, I am on the DNC list, and they refuse to give me their physical address (I believe that is required if asked).

Please do not use quicken loans or any of their affiliates. Do research on local lenders. Going local means you build a relationship with the person. Going local also insures they will use a local appraisal company, not someone that doesn't know the market in your area. I am taking legal action against this company as well. I never agreed to them using or selling any of my information. These third party companies also have my SSN and other personal info. PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. As you can see in other reviews, they will also charge you fees if you let them. I'm lucky I didn't get that far!

The absolute worst mortgage company you will ever come in contact with. After submitting about 200 documents, we finally get to the appraisal which you have no control over, and the appraisal is low balled and then terms of the loan -i.e. interest rate and amount of loan has changed. They lie from the start to reel you in then run you around with paper work to the point you just want a conclusion to it and then drop the screw over on you at the end. I will never do business with these liars and I recommend you find someone-anyone else to get your mortgage loan thru. An invasion of your privacy and a waste of your time, and oh yes reviews like this are very common for this company. STAY AWAY!

They told me 27 days to close. We're now at 38 days. Three days before closing they come up with another excuse. We talk to 12 different people. They keep asking for a repeat documents. None of them communicate with each other. These people are very unprofessional. Very uneducated. They are not worth the time. Save yourself a headache, go to a regular bank.

Appalling Loan Officers. We attempted to refinance our home with Quicken Loans for the second time (we refinanced through Quicken Loans in 2016 and had a great experience). We had an appraisal done through another mortgage company (Paramount Equity) and the appraisal was so undervalued compared to other homes in our area by negative $22,000. All parties involved in our refinance loan with Quicken Loans was well aware of this low value appraisal, but we were told that their underwriters would use the appraisal they had done in 2016.

They were collecting information, we were signing documents electronically and were under the impression that the loan was proceeding on time. We emailed them about the closing terms and were then informed by an extremely unprofessional person that our loan had been suspended at the beginning because of the low appraisal. We were horrified, confused and blindsided by this person. He screamed at us, talked over us during the entire conversation, and was extremely rude and out of line. The mortgage banker through Quicken Loans had no idea this was happening and she was as horrified as we were. Needless to say we will never, ever use Quicken Loans to finance our home. They treated us as if we were stupid and illiterate. Stay away from Quicken Loans unless you enjoy being treated like crap!

I went through LendingTree and got to these bozos. First, I dealt with an agent named Tree **, he went MIA (he was used to reel me in) then I got someone named Tim **, then after that, I got Justin, Ryan, and other folks that claim to "want to help" me finalize my home loan. It is several weeks AFTER my original closing and it has continued to get pushed back. No one talks to the other. I resubmit information on a daily because one of the agents/loan officers have no clue that I already spoke with the other about THE SAME INFORMATION. I've submitted 100s of documents and from what it seems, I'm still not done!!

My real estate agent's also frustrated. I'm beyond livid and want to inform others that Quicken Loans has been a nightmare. Buying a home has its ups and downs but I'm to the point I want to throw in the towel. DO NOT USE THEM FOR ANYTHING!!! Look for local options, do your homework when choosing home loans, I honestly wished I had. Lesson learned...

The Quicken Loans team did well with getting all documents taken care of and on time. However I was entitled to $725 subtracted from closing cost and $500 check written to me at the end of the deal. This was a deal my employer had worked out with Quicken Loans. I missed out on this deal and when I called to alert the team about it, I was outside the window where they could at least write a check for $500 by a few days. I know Quicken Loans can't know all the deals all the companies make but they can say one simple sentence that will fix this problem for everyone else in the future. "Does your employer have any deal or discounts with us, many employers do, why don't you check". The only reason such a smart company like Quicken would not teach their employees to ask this question is if they really don't want to give out any discounts. Prove me wrong Quicken and start teaching your employees how to communicate better!

Received first time homeowner’s offer from Pete at Quicken Loans after registering with LendingTree. Received numerous follow up phone calls from Pete to see how I was doing and to offer guidance. In May I uploaded all of my pay stubs and child support that've received for the past two years - court ordered - along with numerous other required documents. Found a house around June 20 and submitted my application along with a $500 fee. Pete said all they needed was my last pay stub and the contract. Got both uploaded the next day. Pete said everything looked good and congratulated me. Three days later they sent an appraiser, apparently before the underwriters even looked at my income.

Several days after the appraisal the underwriters finally looked at my income and all of a sudden child support was an issue. It was the same documentation I submitted in May. Actually my ex husband has been sending extra because he knows I am buying a home. Not only is the child support (arrears) court ordered, but my ex has his social security garnished every month. Since last July it has hit my account every single month between the 6th and the 8th. Except for March, it was actually MORE than the usual amount because ex sent extra on the same day the federal money hit. He is trying to help out as he had fallen behind for years while I worked over 50 hrs a week to support our daughter. I then sent them the actual garnishment letter from social security showing the exact amount taken out of his check and the exact month it started. Guess what - matched my child support statement exactly.

I also have a life insurance policy that will cover the amount garnished for 5 years after his death. Still not good enough. The reason given to me today after wasting almost 2 months of my time and possibly costing me the opportunity to buy a house that I absolutely fell in love with, get this - the payments were inconsistent because he sent the extra money sporadically. Seriously. It was extra money so I could save the garnishment for the down payment!!! I could understand them questioning if payments went down, but they have continued to go up over the last 10 months! Do NOT use this company. They scam you out of $500 for a useless appraisal. I will be reporting them to the consumer protection finance board - gathering all documentation now. I found a reputable company that does not ask for a 500 deposit and will not send the appraiser out until my income is verified.

Instead of running my credit once they ran it three times. Did a mortgage offer come from this? No. Of course not. I spoke to an employee that volunteered the info that he was in his 2nd week of training. Incompetent. Their multiple checks dropped my credit score 6 points, which will make my next mortgage offer much worse. AVOID AT ALL COST.

I approached Quicken Loans about refinancing my house to a lower rate, lower payment, and lower repayment term. I wasn't asking for any money taken out. I had to pay $500.00 (Good Faith) down payment for the appraisal. I worked on the terms, came to an agreeable amount, interest rate, and duration of the loan. All that was left was the appraisal. I had just looked at my Zillow Estimate ($201,000) and Rabobank ($208,000) as guides for my loan. I was shocked when the Quicken Loans estimate came back at $185,000. After digging into it, I found that out of ten recent sales in the last six months, they chose to use the lowest three (two of which were foreclosures). Immediately my loan terms changed, they were adding money to the monthly payment, adding PMI, etc. I even noticed that my escrow amount changed by $25.00.

I called and asked for explanations. "Well, we are JD Power award winners, and we are a trusted name in the mortgage industry, yada yada yada." I asked "how in the world did my Escrow amount go up $25.00 after your appraisal came back $15K-$20K lower than the others? My taxes hadn't gone up and clearly you think my house is worth less." "Well, the insurance amount we originally had was a lot lower than the actual amount came out to be." "How did you come up with the original amount? Throw at a dart board?" "Well, we don't have access to that so we had to ask you for the amount."

So I gave them the original amount, it didn't change from then until now, and somehow it was off. The total games they played, changing of the terms, lowballing me on the appraisal, is exactly what I was warned about. I tried to give them a chance and they just try to manipulate me. Oh, when I called them on it, they informed me that if I brought $3,000.00 to closing I could get everything back down to the original terms. What a crock. Avoid these people like the plague. Go with a real bank or real estate company.

I used Quicken to get a home loan. They approved me for 350k. Sent approval letter right away then when I talked to them they refused to use a secondary income I have which was verifiable and been with them forever. They didn't even want to hear anything beyond. Just kept calculating. I went from 350k loan to 145k. Beware. They are quick to approve but I think they are in the business to deny. I don't know how they can be rated one of the best. They are one of the worst. I did get the loan even though they said I wouldn't.

In my opinion the loan officer was very pushy. I felt like my needs were the least of his concerns. He was more interested in closing the deal than what was the most beneficial to me. He said it would take him at least 30 minutes to get the figures together and email them to me but would waste his time unless I committed to filling out the loan. I did not want to apply for a loan until I knew the facts. Very unprofessional. After a lot of frustration with him, I finally asked him not to call me again. I would highly recommend you take your business elsewhere. I certainly did.

Nathaniel and his team including Ryan and Michael could not communicate with one another causing problem after problem. We got passed around multiple members of their team and in the end did not get the loan because of a "technical error" which they didn't mention to us for more than two weeks. In the meantime they were adding to our "to do list" which was incurring us actual costs. All they had to do was say, "Hey we noticed a small something, don't do anything else until we can get it figured out." Instead we got a, "We are sorry this is an unfortunate circumstance. There is nothing we can do." It wasn't an unfortunate circumstance, the entire problem could have been avoided if they had communicated, not just to each other but to us.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Quicken Loans is an online mortgage lending company. Founded as Rock Financial in 1985, Quicken changed course in the 1990s to focus on online lending and has since become a leading mortgage lender.

• Refinance information: Quicken’s website has a host of information for consumers looking to refinance their mortgages. A list of frequently asked questions, a direct line to a home loan expert, a list of required documents for refinancing and numerous other bits of advice are all located easily on the front page.
  • Dedicated HARP page: Because HARP is in effect until September 2017, consumers still have the opportunity to see if they qualify for HARP refinancing. Quicken provides a comprehensive guide to HARP loan modification including eligibility information and answers to frequently asked questions.
  • Zing blog: Quicken’s featured Zing blog contains relevant articles not only about home ownership and mortgage refinancing but also about lifestyle topics like gardening and technology. Quicken regularly updates this blog to keep information current and topics varied.
  • Online calculators: Whether a consumer wants to refinance their home loan, is looking for a new home or wants to see the impact of making additional payments on their existing loan, Quicken offers free online tools to calculate estimated savings and expenses. The online mortgage, refinancing and amortization calculators are easy to use and provide instant financial estimates.
  • Mortgage comparisons: Quicken provides a loan comparison chart, so consumers can see the various loans Quicken offers at a glance. The chart has brief descriptions of the loans with links to more information and application pages for each loan.
  • Best for Quicken is best for consumers looking for instant information about mortgage refinancing.

Compare Harp Loan and Loan Modification Companies