2. Mortgages

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.95/5
Based on 2,935 ratings submitted in the last year

Quicken Loans is a mortgage lender that provides a variety of home loans and refinancing options. Quicken Loans has an online application process and provides services in all 50 states. It services 99% of the mortgages that you can apply for on its website.

BOTTOM LINE

Quicken Loans is a nationwide online mortgage lender. Fill out a simple online application to view your loan options without affecting your credit score.

PROS

• View loans without affecting credit
  • Locked interest rate for 90 days
  • Easy online application

CONS

• Mortgage processing not faster online
  • No in-person services

Top Quicken Loans Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quicken Loans?

Citibank sold my HELOC, with no advanced notice, to a company I was not comfortable with. Initially, I was just going to do a refi on my HELOC, but thanks to Abe **, the Quicken Loans guy I first interacted with, he gave me so much information. Professional, smart, and helpful. I'm very happy.

We refinanced a $145,000 remaining on our old mortgage to a VA 30 year refinance with Quicken/Rocket. They communicated crystal clear and came through with what they said they could do. I read a lot of negative reviews but that was not my experience. Overall 5 stars were well earned.

Quicken Loans Call Now Toll Free (800) 940-2133 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

What is Quicken Loans?

Quicken Loans offers mortgage loans, home refinance loans and personal loans, including:

• Adjustable-rate loans
  • Fixed-rate loans
  • FHA loans
  • VA loans
  • USDA loans
  • Jumbo loans

You can apply for a mortgage and make payments on your existing loans through the Quicken Loans Rocket Mortgage app. The company also offers reverse mortgages and refinancing services. Customers who want to lower their mortgage payments, get cash from their home, purchase their first home or invest in real estate can find helpful services from Quicken Loans.

Quicken Loans has a general credit score requirement of 620, but people with credit scores as low as 580 might be able to find loan options through the site. However, a firm credit score requirement exists for these three loan types:

• Conventional loans: 620
  • VA loans: 620
  • USDA loans: 640

Quicken Loans services

Quicken Loans’ refinancing options include equity cash-out, refinancing at a lower interest rate or shortening your mortgage term. You can also refinance an investment property with Quicken Loans.

You can choose a custom term with a fixed rate that fits your needs with Quicken Loans’ “YOURgage” feature. Quicken Loans’ mortgages include adjustable and fixed-rate loans.

Apply online for Quicken Loans’ personal loans through its Rocket Loans division to receive preapproved offers within seconds of entering your financial information. The money is transferred to your account once you choose and finalize a loan.

Quicken Loans FAQ

What does your credit score need to be for Quicken Loans?
Quicken Loans might be able to find loan solutions for customers with credit scores as low as 580.
Does Quicken Loans do personal loans?
Quicken Loans offers personal loans for vehicle purchases, medical bills, small businesses, home improvement, debt consolidation and other reasons.
What kind of loans does Quicken Loans offer?
Quicken Loans offers mortgages, reverse mortgages, refinancing, home loans and personal loans. Most types of mortgages are available through Quicken Loans, and it offers a customizable term option.
How much does Quicken Loans charge for closing costs?
Quicken Loans’ closing costs depend on the loan type, purchase amount and tax laws in your area. Expect to pay 3% to 6% of the purchase price.

Is Quicken Loans good?

Quicken Loans offers a completely online loan application process, which is convenient for consumers who don’t have time to visit a bank or financial institution. Quicken Loans has many loan options and is a viable choice for those searching specifically for an online lending service.

Quicken Loans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quicken Loans?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

I closed on my refinancing December 4, 2020. I had an overwhelmingly positive experience with Quicken, thanks to Geoff **. I should explain upfront that I am bad with numbers and can also be rather high strung, so I am basically a nightmare for anyone attempting to assist me with financial matters. I originally contacted Quicken when I discovered that my younger sister was getting a lower interest rate on the house that she was buying than I had on my own townhome. Petty, probably, but irksome, nonetheless. I mean, it’s my baby sister!

I could hardly contain my shock and excitement when Geoff told me that I could go from a 3.75% interest rate to a 2.25% interest rate with Quicken. I had checked with another company previously (Better Mortgage, who tragically did NOT live up to their name) and they had generously offered me an interest rate that was .005% higher than the one I held. I imagine that sorting through my information and finding me a good deal was pretty standard operating procedure for Quicken, but as I said, I am hopeless with numbers and indeed, can quickly become overwhelmed. Geoff’s true trial began in earnest once the ball got rolling.

Geoff strapped on his sword and found solutions to every single issue I had, and to every problem that I hurled, metaphorically speaking of course, into his lap. He fixed everything from frustrating lack of response from the title company, to making sure I had low closing costs, to scheduling a dual closing with my spouse who lives two hours away.

He would call or text me practically immediately after I contacted him and was pretty much the Jen Whisperer in getting me to understand what was going on and not panicking about it. Every single time I contacted him (up to and including the day of closing) with a serious problem, his answer was an immediate, “That’s not a problem. Here’s what I’m going to do.” He is friendly, knowledgeable, and I must say, he has a fabulous sense of humor. I find that that in these strange and uncertain times, someone with good humor is difficult to find, but also, that someone with good humor is necessary to make it through 2020 with one’s sanity intact.

I hope that you will consider all of this when Geoff’s next review comes due. I truly believe that this deal would not have gone through if it had been assigned to anyone else. Since I know how flibbertigibbety I am when it comes to stressful financial conversations and he calmed me down every single time I was upset, I wanted to make sure that you know Geoff has some seriously superb customer service and people skills. I am exceedingly grateful that Geoff does such an amazing job and most importantly, that he was assigned to me so that I could benefit from his excellence. I cannot overstate how awesome he is. PS- My interest rate is, in fact, now lower than my sister’s.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I had no idea that refinancing my mortgage could be so painless; had I known, I would have done it sooner. I honestly cannot speak highly enough of Brian **, who handled my re-fi from start to finish with professionalism and class. I had so much going on at the time, and I had been receiving calls and voicemails from Quicken Loans that I mostly ignored. When I finally returned one of the calls, it was with a bit of an attitude!

Enter Brian **, who completely diffused my impatient attitude and had me smiling and laughing by the end of the call. He was so helpful and just so genuine; I am not an easy person to win over, but I was really impressed with the level of customer service Brian provided. Calls and messages were returned promptly, and he always did exactly what he told me he would do; I never once felt even the slightest bit inconvenienced. Brian had everything handled, and I felt completely at ease throughout the process. If only we could clone him! That kind of service is what gets you referrals and repeat business; I don’t see how this experience could have gone any better. I have already recommended Quicken Loans to friends and coworkers.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

From the application and through the closing to the download and printing of all the paperwork I am pleased and impressed with the professional and seamless transition every step of the way,---with one aspect---setting the first day of every month as the same time each month for scheduling auto-pay. I keep getting told that auto-pay will occur 30 days after the first of December 2020 and every 30 days thereafter which is not what I was told I would be able to do after my loan closed.

When I did the math I realized the next (second) payment would be on the 31st of December 2020, followed by January 30th 2021, followed by March 1st 2021, then March 31st, then April 30th 2021, then May 30th 2021, then June 29th 2021, then July 29th 2021 and this brings me to my main concern--I receive my VA benefit on the first of each month and if I cannot make the first of each month as the same time each month for auto-pay to occur then what are my options to make my mortgage payment each month so I can pay on time and never incur a late charge therefore maintain a good credit history. Please advise, thank you! Ken **

Original review: July 31, 2020

I read some terrible reviews for Quicken Loans however in my research I found that they were still offering the best deal and price and the way to submit documents online was the most simple I had come across. I was wary and I checked every line and if there was a mistake they fixed it. The communication was always there.

I ran into a hiccup with a divorce right in the middle of the deal just before closing and had to put my entire account on hold which they did with much patience and when it was time to begin again a little over a year later, I did not have to resubmit appraisals or inspections or give any additional money. They were able to pull my information from my last attempt at the loan and I only had to update current financials. The process was moving along quickly and I did not ever have a problem getting a hold of someone or getting an answer through email or text or phone call, they always called to check up on me but were also very respectful when I said to not call me for a certain amount of time or days and they kept their appointments.

One time they were late getting to an appointment due to working with someone else overtime so he had his friend from the company call me to tell me that he was going to be late to the phone call just so I would know what was going on. I thought that was above and beyond so thank you Mike. I have not even finished the entire process or have gone to closing on my refinance but I did read the reviews and I am a real person going through a real process and I wanted to give my 2 cents because some people said that all the 5 star reviews were fake. I can assure you I am not a fake person and I have much drama that Quicken Loans has had to deal with and they have done so very professionally.

Original review: March 2, 2020

When I was looking for a refinance on my current mortgage it was important to me to find a company that I could work with exclusively online. I wanted to be able to upload my documents and have a process where I could check in daily to see when the mortgage would be ready to close. I did the initial request online and a broker called me right away. I went through the initial approval over the phone. I then set up an online account that provided a dashboard to list all the needed documents. I knew exactly what the company needed and when it was received and approved by logging in to the dashboard. I was able to communicate with a customer service representative through the dashboard as well. It still took 30-45 days to close the loan but I knew where I stood at step of the process.

If the company needed something from me, I received an email requesting that I go to the dashboard. When it was time to close the loan the company sent an attorney to my home that was able to walk me through the documents as well as notarize my signature. The money was transferred to my account when the documents were filed. I would recommend this company. The customer service was good and efficient. The online process worked well. The one downside that I don't like is the sales after the process. I don't like getting the phone calls trying to get me to refinance my loan at every rate change. To me that is the company looking to have me spend money on closing a loan that I don't need.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

We had to change the account which our mortgage was deducted from. We made the change online and received a confirmation that the change was made. The Quicken Loan system withdrew the payment 3 times- once from the new account and twice from the old account. Tried to have the Customer Service Team resolve and they are incompetent. Moving my mortgage to a different bank that can treat their customers fairly.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

My refinance with Quicken loans was very smooth and fast. Only a few documents were required, and initial application to closing was less than 3 weeks. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the website is state of the art. Would highly recommend.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

The entire process was smooth and easy. There was constant communications letting me know status of loan, the online tools were easy to use, and the closing was conveniently scheduled at my home. I would recommend Quicken Loans to others. My experience was very positive. I am very satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

The process took entirely too long. After approval, it still took over 4 months. While folks were helpful, months went by with nothing happening. No changes, no requests for additional info, nothing. It should not have taken this long: July to the end of December.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

From Beginning to closing the most satisfying loan experience ever. Thirty days from start to funding. Everyone we talked to was efficient and knowledgeable. Friendly to talk and quick to set us in the right direction. Would recommend to anyone to check with Rocket Mortgage.

Quicken Loans Company Information