3.37/5
Based on 2,261 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Quicken Loans

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Quicken Loans Reviews

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I had a good experience with Rocket Mortgage. I chose Rocket Mortgage for my first house. I started the process on 8/6, and was cleared to close by 9/16. The actual closing happened on 9/23 to find a time suitable for all three attorneys to meet. My main reason for leaving a review is if you're like me, and never checked the reviews on this site until you gave the $500 good faith deposit to the lender. I was scared out of my mind after reading all the reviews but shortly after got the cleared to close. I would say that if you have a regular W2 job, no big credit debt, no lapses in employment history, you'll probably be fine. Quick summary of how your loan will work:

1. Talk to banker. He will start gathering your info and give you a preapproval. (few days)
      2. Given the preapproval, they will ask you for a $500 good faith deposit to start the appraisal process. (few days)
      3. A week or two after that, they'll give you a conditional approval.
      4. At this point, they are waiting for the title clearance and appraisal clearance. (1-2 weeks)
      5. After you get your title cleared, their attorneys will double check the title (1-2 weeks)

6. They'll send over the closing disclosure, and then schedule the final closing. (about 1 week)

All in all, it will take about 1-2 months. Good luck all.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

We close on our loan with Quicken Loans back in August of 2014. We had to jump through a bunch of Hoops like everyone is saying but I would have rather have jump through the Hoops that we did than to be denied the loan like many other places did. The reason you're jumping through the Hoops is because you aren't great candidate for the loan that's why other places are possibly denying is alone but Quicken Loans goes out on a limb and allows you to work through those who plays like we had a judgment that was holding us back but they allowed us to just get approval of satisfaction instead of actually having to wait through it to go through court and being documented through courts as long as we have the satisfaction note from the attorney our loan was approved. It was a pain getting it but it was all worth it.

So here we are 5 years later and work a month behind on our payments. And no matter what we do we can't seem to catch up because we could getting hit with different expenses. I just wanted to give a review for our account resolution specialist Ashley **. We didn't get a chance to talk we only use the chat online, but I was really pleased with how punctual she was with everything and she was just overall really sweet. It's kind of hard to feel that through texting but she made it possible. And I just wanted to give a big thanks for sending the $100 gift card for us to grab some quick meals while our kiddos are going through the tough time that they are.

She had asked me why we were behind on payments, as we are in the middle of a loan modification, and I told her both of our children had gotten sick. One has ITP and the other one has Chiari malformation and it's just been a struggle with everything being back and forth to work and she so kindly sent over a gift card for $100 for us to help us out with food. So not only were we behind on payments but she also helped us out by sending us $100 gift card and I am truly grateful. I'm glad I went out on a limb and took a chance with Quicken Loans because it has been all worth it. Even jumping through the hoops.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: June 4, 2019

I like doing business with them. Just from the start of processing they help me a lot from getting information and during start of the loan they assist me to get loan from the bank and for the mortgage that I can afford to pay that it will not going to break my leg to pay the monthly mortgage. That it will just get into my wallet that I still able to live my life. They will keep me posted every updated that they have with the load that I am doing with them until I finally gotten and paid my mortgage.

They have all the expert that will going to help you doing the process until to the last payment to make more worth payable to the client and that will not going to hold back to the expenses. They keep doing the follow - up to make more correspond to the business and give the property to make it worth to have. It is clear and be more worth using them.

They make sure that I will be happy working with them and give their best to give me the information that I needed with the property that I am working with them to make it clear and that I will not going to have any problem in the future regarding with the property. It was excellent and makes me more reliable and good experience doing business to them. It makes me more going to use this business for the future. They will going to make great process and program to make things work in both sides to make the payment more easier and not so much hard for both parties.

Original review: June 3, 2019

It is just a stressful time buying a new house but Quicken did everything they could on their part to make it seamless. The rate quote was easy and quick. Helpful and friendly guy helped me during the initial stages and amount of paperwork to fill out was reasonable. All the information was given to me up front so there were no surprises on the cost or rate when we officially closed.

I locked in a good rate and after that started using the Quicken website to upload documents. The website was easy and someone from Quicken was always calling to see if I needed anything or let me know how the documents I uploaded looked. I really couldn't have planned it any better myself. I also like the website Quicken has to upload all your documents. It told me exactly what I needed to do and what my next steps were. If I wasn't sure about something they were always there to help me. Usually calling me before I had time to call them.

Everything truly went well. They were quick and thorough on getting me a rate quote and the paperwork required was what you would expect. Since then everything has been great. But their 15 year rates weren't quoted as competitive as their 30 year. For most this isn't a big deal but for previous homeowners who don't want to go backwards on their mortgage this is a big deal.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Before I give my review, I have to make a disclaimer. I recently closed on my house (4/16/19), but while I was going through this process, I stayed on these review sites looking at user reviews. There was so much negativity concerning QL, that I was scared to death. I thought about leaving and was regretting my choice of Loan Company. I was waiting for the call that I have been denied, since a lot of reviews talk about last minute denials. I was stressed. I say that to say this: YOUR experience and situation is unique to you. Yes, it is nice to try and gain knowledge, but don’t be discouraged by what you read on these sites. I experienced hardly anything that I read from past reviewers. Every situation is different so what you read may not fit you. Please keep that in mind.

With that said, my experience was easy and fast. From the time I applied online, I got a call from Brandon and right there, he was in my corner. He was not pushy or did I feel like a number. Of course his job to get paid; what’s wrong with that? However, he was not overbearing or anything. He explained to me the process and from there, it was just a matter of getting pre-qualified. That took all of five minutes.

From there, it was just the normal procedure of pre-approval, getting paperwork, underwriting, etc. Yes, they ask for a lot of paperwork and there were times when I questioned why you needed that. But I gave them what they wanted IN A TIMELY MANNER. When I got my disclosures, Brandon explained to me line by line what each one meant. He explained fees, points, choices of interest rates, everything. Again, I had did research so I wanted to see if what he said matched up to what I learned. It did. At no time I felt I was being taken advantage of.

This company believes in communication, sometimes to a fault, but that is ok. My questions were answered swiftly and accurately. When I had a concern, they were there. At no time I felt alone and that was important to me a first time home buyer. When I ask a question and we finished talking, they always said “you are welcome”. This triggered an email stating that you have a message. That part was a bit too nice because you think there is something important in your account, but again, that is my thing. Too much is better than not enough.

When it came time to close, I have my closing docs a week before closing. This allowed me to schedule a time with my lawyer that worked best for both of us. We signed three days early and come that Tuesday, QL had funded the loan before I even had my keys to the house and was registered in Deeds. QL was awesome. Again, this is my experience. My experience was stressful, but looking back, it was super smooth. Everyone was friendly and knowledgeable. I am a fan of QL and will sing their praises everywhere I go. Thank you QL!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quicken Loans?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Applying for the mortgage was excellent, the loan officer Erin ** gets 5 stars. The process gets 5 stars, but the closing was a nightmare. It was supposed to be all electronic but the Closer's notary seal was not up to date and he spent 2 1/2 hours calling the title company. It would not have closed if I didn't have a printer. I had to print out over 80 pages to complete the closing. Worse experience of my life.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

They will get you approved, they will promise a $1000 if something goes wrong and when it goes wrong you will be homeless with an appraisal bill. Wasted my time and my realtor time driving and shopping around, negotiating with sellers, after we found the property and getting approved I gave my landlord a 30 days notice and 2 weeks before closing they canceled everything and sent me a bill for the appraisal report. I had to go through the hassle of canceling the contract, the insurance and now I'm going to spend Christmas at a hotel. When I asked for the $1000 guarantee they have said that I didn't disclosed enough information in the beginning. Why do they send an approval letter then? Why didn't they asked all the necessary questions? Go somewhere else! Don't trust their $1000 guarantee or they approval letter.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Promised lowest rates but hit us with $7,500 in mortgage points we didn’t agree to the night before closing. Now, closing is delayed costing us more money in rent and headaches with rescheduling movers/furniture delivery. Unethical company.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

If I could give negative stars I would. I've been through multiple purchases and refinances with other Banks. This was an absolutely terrible experience. So difficult and disappointing. Over the 6 weeks it took me to close I spent at least 10 hours on hold and dealt with a minimum of 25 different people. So frustrating!! Every time I called I had explain everything again and get the team member up to date. Such a waste of time. I was promised and guaranteed multiple different things multiple different times and NONE of it was followed through on. It was also extremely expensive at close to $10,000 in closing costs. Please save yourself the time and money and go with another company. I would not recommend rocket mortgage or quicken loans to my worst enemy.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

When we first were considering refinancing, Quicken Loans seemed to have a decent rate. I wanted to have them auto-draft our account on the first and the fifteenth, paydays. Very simple. They said they don't have the bi-monthly auto-draft set up yet, they only have drafts every two weeks. They told me they were working on bi-monthly and it should be available soon. Two years later it's still not available and we have to call every 4 months to manually set up a bank draft. If we miss an email reminding to pay, we get hit with a late fee. The supervisor I spoke with refused to waive the late fee, even though I was told two years ago the bi-monthly auto draft was going to be available soon. This has been a huge pain in the **. Find a different mortgage company. We are trying to pay them and they still make it difficult.

Quicken Loans expert review by Michele Lerner

Quicken Loans is an online mortgage lending company. Founded as Rock Financial in 1985, Quicken changed course in the 1990s to focus on online lending and has since become a leading mortgage lender.

• Refinance information: Quicken’s website has a host of information for consumers looking to refinance their mortgages. A list of frequently asked questions, a direct line to a home loan expert, a list of required documents for refinancing and numerous other bits of advice are all located easily on the front page.

• Zing blog: Quicken’s featured Zing blog contains relevant articles not only about home ownership and mortgage refinancing but also about lifestyle topics like gardening and technology. Quicken regularly updates this blog to keep information current and topics varied.

• Online calculators: Whether a consumer wants to refinance their home loan, is looking for a new home or wants to see the impact of making additional payments on their existing loan, Quicken offers free online tools to calculate estimated savings and expenses. The online mortgage, refinancing and amortization calculators are easy to use and provide instant financial estimates.

• Mortgage comparisons: Quicken provides a loan comparison chart, so consumers can see the various loans Quicken offers at a glance. The chart has brief descriptions of the loans with links to more information and application pages for each loan.

• Best for: Quicken is best for consumers looking for instant information about mortgage refinancing.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
      Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Quicken Loans Company Information