2. Mortgages

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.91/5

Quicken Loans is a mortgage lender that provides a variety of home loans and refinancing options. Quicken Loans has an online application process and provides services in all 50 states. It services 99% of the mortgages that you can apply for on its website.

BOTTOM LINE

Quicken Loans is a nationwide online mortgage lender. Fill out a simple online application to view your loan options without affecting your credit score.

PROS

• View loans without affecting credit
  • Locked interest rate for 90 days
  • Easy online application

CONS

• Mortgage processing not faster online
  • No in-person services

Top Quicken Loans Reviews We Found

Citibank sold my HELOC, with no advanced notice, to a company I was not comfortable with. Initially, I was just going to do a refi on my HELOC, but thanks to Abe **, the Quicken Loans guy I first interacted with, he gave me so much information. Professional, smart, and helpful. I'm very happy. I feel safe now and secure for my future.

We refinanced a $145,000 remaining on our old mortgage to a VA 30 year refinance with Quicken/Rocket. They communicated crystal clear and came through with what they said they could do. I read a lot of negative reviews but that was not my experience. Overall 5 stars were well earned.

What is Quicken Loans?

Quicken Loans offers mortgage loans, home refinance loans and personal loans, including:

• Adjustable-rate loans
    • Fixed-rate loans
    • FHA loans
    • VA loans
    • USDA loans
    • Jumbo loans

You can apply for a mortgage and make payments on your existing loans through the Quicken Loans Rocket Mortgage app. The company also offers reverse mortgages and refinancing services. Customers who want to lower their mortgage payments, get cash from their home, purchase their first home or invest in real estate can find helpful services from Quicken Loans.

Quicken Loans has a general credit score requirement of 620, but people with credit scores as low as 580 might be able to find loan options through the site. However, a firm credit score requirement exists for these three loan types:

• Conventional loans: 620
    • VA loans: 620
    • USDA loans: 640

Quicken Loans services

Quicken Loans’ refinancing options include equity cash-out, refinancing at a lower interest rate or shortening your mortgage term. You can also refinance an investment property with Quicken Loans.

You can choose a custom term with a fixed rate that fits your needs with Quicken Loans’ “YOURgage” feature. Quicken Loans’ mortgages include adjustable and fixed-rate loans.

Apply online for Quicken Loans’ personal loans through its Rocket Loans division to receive preapproved offers within seconds of entering your financial information. The money is transferred to your account once you choose and finalize a loan.

Quicken Loans FAQ

What does your credit score need to be for Quicken Loans?
    Quicken Loans might be able to find loan solutions for customers with credit scores as low as 580.
    Does Quicken Loans do personal loans?
    Quicken Loans offers personal loans for vehicle purchases, medical bills, small businesses, home improvement, debt consolidation and other reasons.
    What kind of loans does Quicken Loans offer?
    Quicken Loans offers mortgages, reverse mortgages, refinancing, home loans and personal loans. Most types of mortgages are available through Quicken Loans, and it offers a customizable term option.
    How much does Quicken Loans charge for closing costs?
    Quicken Loans’ closing costs depend on the loan type, purchase amount and tax laws in your area. Expect to pay 3% to 6% of the purchase price.

Is Quicken Loans good?

Quicken Loans offers a completely online loan application process, which is convenient for consumers who don’t have time to visit a bank or financial institution. Quicken Loans has many loan options and is a viable choice for those searching specifically for an online lending service.

Quicken Loans Reviews

Original review: March 2, 2020

When I was looking for a refinance on my current mortgage it was important to me to find a company that I could work with exclusively online. I wanted to be able to upload my documents and have a process where I could check in daily to see when the mortgage would be ready to close. I did the initial request online and a broker called me right away. I went through the initial approval over the phone. I then set up an online account that provided a dashboard to list all the needed documents. I knew exactly what the company needed and when it was received and approved by logging in to the dashboard. I was able to communicate with a customer service representative through the dashboard as well. It still took 30-45 days to close the loan but I knew where I stood at step of the process.

If the company needed something from me, I received an email requesting that I go to the dashboard. When it was time to close the loan the company sent an attorney to my home that was able to walk me through the documents as well as notarize my signature. The money was transferred to my account when the documents were filed. I would recommend this company. The customer service was good and efficient. The online process worked well. The one downside that I don't like is the sales after the process. I don't like getting the phone calls trying to get me to refinance my loan at every rate change. To me that is the company looking to have me spend money on closing a loan that I don't need.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I had a good experience with Rocket Mortgage. I chose Rocket Mortgage for my first house. I started the process on 8/6, and was cleared to close by 9/16. The actual closing happened on 9/23 to find a time suitable for all three attorneys to meet. My main reason for leaving a review is if you're like me, and never checked the reviews on this site until you gave the $500 good faith deposit to the lender. I was scared out of my mind after reading all the reviews but shortly after got the cleared to close. I would say that if you have a regular W2 job, no big credit debt, no lapses in employment history, you'll probably be fine. Quick summary of how your loan will work:

1. Talk to banker. He will start gathering your info and give you a preapproval. (few days)
    2. Given the preapproval, they will ask you for a $500 good faith deposit to start the appraisal process. (few days)
    3. A week or two after that, they'll give you a conditional approval.
    4. At this point, they are waiting for the title clearance and appraisal clearance. (1-2 weeks)
    5. After you get your title cleared, their attorneys will double check the title (1-2 weeks)

6. They'll send over the closing disclosure, and then schedule the final closing. (about 1 week)

All in all, it will take about 1-2 months. Good luck all.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

We close on our loan with Quicken Loans back in August of 2014. We had to jump through a bunch of Hoops like everyone is saying but I would have rather have jump through the Hoops that we did than to be denied the loan like many other places did. The reason you're jumping through the Hoops is because you aren't great candidate for the loan that's why other places are possibly denying is alone but Quicken Loans goes out on a limb and allows you to work through those who plays like we had a judgment that was holding us back but they allowed us to just get approval of satisfaction instead of actually having to wait through it to go through court and being documented through courts as long as we have the satisfaction note from the attorney our loan was approved. It was a pain getting it but it was all worth it.

So here we are 5 years later and work a month behind on our payments. And no matter what we do we can't seem to catch up because we could getting hit with different expenses. I just wanted to give a review for our account resolution specialist Ashley **. We didn't get a chance to talk we only use the chat online, but I was really pleased with how punctual she was with everything and she was just overall really sweet. It's kind of hard to feel that through texting but she made it possible. And I just wanted to give a big thanks for sending the $100 gift card for us to grab some quick meals while our kiddos are going through the tough time that they are.

She had asked me why we were behind on payments, as we are in the middle of a loan modification, and I told her both of our children had gotten sick. One has ITP and the other one has Chiari malformation and it's just been a struggle with everything being back and forth to work and she so kindly sent over a gift card for $100 for us to help us out with food. So not only were we behind on payments but she also helped us out by sending us $100 gift card and I am truly grateful. I'm glad I went out on a limb and took a chance with Quicken Loans because it has been all worth it. Even jumping through the hoops.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I like doing business with them. Just from the start of processing they help me a lot from getting information and during start of the loan they assist me to get loan from the bank and for the mortgage that I can afford to pay that it will not going to break my leg to pay the monthly mortgage. That it will just get into my wallet that I still able to live my life. They will keep me posted every updated that they have with the load that I am doing with them until I finally gotten and paid my mortgage.

They have all the expert that will going to help you doing the process until to the last payment to make more worth payable to the client and that will not going to hold back to the expenses. They keep doing the follow - up to make more correspond to the business and give the property to make it worth to have. It is clear and be more worth using them.

They make sure that I will be happy working with them and give their best to give me the information that I needed with the property that I am working with them to make it clear and that I will not going to have any problem in the future regarding with the property. It was excellent and makes me more reliable and good experience doing business to them. It makes me more going to use this business for the future. They will going to make great process and program to make things work in both sides to make the payment more easier and not so much hard for both parties.

Original review: June 3, 2019

It is just a stressful time buying a new house but Quicken did everything they could on their part to make it seamless. The rate quote was easy and quick. Helpful and friendly guy helped me during the initial stages and amount of paperwork to fill out was reasonable. All the information was given to me up front so there were no surprises on the cost or rate when we officially closed.

I locked in a good rate and after that started using the Quicken website to upload documents. The website was easy and someone from Quicken was always calling to see if I needed anything or let me know how the documents I uploaded looked. I really couldn't have planned it any better myself. I also like the website Quicken has to upload all your documents. It told me exactly what I needed to do and what my next steps were. If I wasn't sure about something they were always there to help me. Usually calling me before I had time to call them.

Everything truly went well. They were quick and thorough on getting me a rate quote and the paperwork required was what you would expect. Since then everything has been great. But their 15 year rates weren't quoted as competitive as their 30 year. For most this isn't a big deal but for previous homeowners who don't want to go backwards on their mortgage this is a big deal.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quicken Loans?

Original review: June 2, 2020

I have refinanced my properties many times over the years and I have to say that Quicken Loans was by far, the worst experience I had. I'm on day 85 of my ReFi application, no financial issues, excellent credit and equity. I'm applying for a lower rate on a conventional loan. I had to resubmit my documents 3 times, verify my employment twice, etc. because their process is taking so long, so all documents were expired.

They also ask for nonsense items like overkill insurance coverage from the HOA (keep in mind that there are 10 units in the same building all covered by the same HOA insurance, so I can't ask all other owners to pay more for their hoa dues). Also 4 units in the same building successfully refinanced in the last 30 days without any HOA insurance issues. Then they ask me to buy additional flood insurance (already covered by the hoa) and then asked me to make building modifications (owned by the HOA not me), etc..

The process never ends... Then I get a call saying the loan was approved and ready to close, followed a week later by an email saying they need to re-verify the insurance again (4th time), so no closing... The level of incompetence is unbelievable. I escalated these issues several times, but the manager does not even return my calls. Their customer service never pick up the phone and email are answered after 3-4 days.. I will never do business with Quicken Loans again.

Original review: June 2, 2020

The online self-service was pretty good & user friendly, but when I tried to reach them, by phone, chat, or email, the response was poor; 70 hours later and still waiting somebody reach me to offer some guidance to my inquiries.

Original review: June 1, 2020

Quicken Loans is not quick at processing claims and use the Covid 19 excuse that it takes 20-30 days to process a check from our insurance company. At the same time, the damage is not taken care of at our house. I would hate to see what it would take if I had a severe claim or loss of residency. It could take them months, if not years, to process the claims. I would not recommend them as a mortgage provider and will be seeking a new company for my mortgage company.

Original review: May 31, 2020

To be brief, Quicken drug me through the mud for 3-months on a refinance only to deny me. I spent $500 for an appraisal could not be written in the manner they provided them with every document requested and then some. I was finally told everything was fine except they could not accept the Flood policy provided by the insurance company because the policy did not contain 2-items in the format they would accept. The insurance company informed Quicken a policy for the type of building (60-floors) I resided, the policy could not be written to their specification even though this was a 5-star insurance company. And because of this Quicken said there was nothing else they could do for me: REFINANCE DENIED!

ASCjr

Original review: May 31, 2020

I have a wonderful credit score of 808. When I applied for home mortgage, my lender representative used to answer my requests and calls frequently. Once, he pushed me to sign the Mortgage agreement, he stopped responding to my messages and emails. I was misled in many ways, he proposed a low interest rate with closing cost of about 6% of the total loan. Most of them for purchasing discount points. Everyone told me that this is a rip off, with my financial credit, the closing cost should not exceed 3% of the total loan. I tried to cancel my loan application but they never responded. Be aware, don't be fooled by low down payment and low interest rate, Always ask about closing cost. They are not working for you. They are working to maximize their profit. Never let them push you to sign documents, always take your time. If you can get financed thru your local bank, It is 100% better than dealing with those guys.

Quicken Loans Company Information