Quicken Loans

Compare Mortgage Companies

Research top Mortgage Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My wife and I decided to purchase a Condo in Florida and applied for a loan through Lending Tree. One of the loan companies that was offered was Quicken Loans. We were quite impressed by the first representative and his customer skills not knowing that Quicken puts good salespeople in the initial loan representatives to score the $500 loan fee. My wife and I have credit scores in excess of 800 so we are very good candidates for the loan. We were aware of one issue with the condo association not having a 10% reserve which we asked our representative if this was a problem with the loan we were targeting. He took time to answer but said with our credit score we will not have any problems essentially saying that the condo association not having a reserve would not affect our loan. Right after that conversation he took our $500.

About two weeks later we were contacted by a Quicken Loans troubleshooter who informed us that they discovered that the Condo Association does not qualify due to Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac rules. Hello!!! This fact was discovered by them and the new troubleshooting rep told us that we must now put 30% down to get the loan. My wife and I immediately called foul since we specifically inquired about this 10% reserve issue within the first day or two of the loan process. After hours of gathering financial and personal data, Quicken denied our loan due to an issue they should have identified when we first asked their initial representatives. After paying $500 to them, $350 Home inspection, $250 Air Conditioning inspection and all our time wasted they denied the loan.

Quicken has admitted that they made a mistake and that we did ask the question and were not guided in the correct direction. They agreed to return the $500 but will not consider the other costs we incurred due to their inexperienced representatives. Anyone that applies for a loan with Quicken be aware that the initial person that you speak with is a SALESPERSON who really does not know much about the ins and outs of home loans. This salesperson cost my wife and I $600 in home inspections because they are there only to get you to commit to the loan. There was zero indication that there was a problem with the loan until we got that call from their troubleshooter informing us that we need to put 30% down.

The troubleshooter had very little customer service skill and was a real jerk to deal with. His attitude was that "this is your problem to solve" and Quicken does not really care. He then transferred us to another person to deal with our complaint. On a scale of 1 to 10 our experience with Quicken was a 1. They depend way too much on the computer programs and lack experienced loan officers. Terrible company.

I spoke with a loan agent with Quicken Loans regarding a possible rehabilitation loan on a second piece of property to flip. I told him I may partner with my daughter and that we are both real estate agents. We discussed rather I would have the income to finance on my own since I am retired and new to real estate. He was to send me pertinent information on rehab loans and I received nothing. The only thing I did receive was highly insulting saying they could do nothing for me and that I should visit QL Credit, sister company that would educate me on how to better my credit score. My credit score is 802 and 806. I asked why this was sent and by whom, and have received no response.

Quicken Loans seems to be aptly named... they are QUICK to take your money. Same experience as so many others... lied to and paying for an appraisal and a credit report. I was assured that I would be reimbursed for the immediate charge of $400. Did NOT happen. Do NOT use this company. They are so crooked they have to use a corkscrew to get their pants on in the morning.

I am a disabled veteran and was a first time home buyer. I thought Quicken Loans could help me find a home. Quicken Loans tell veterans that they have experience with the Department of Veterans Affairs and their appraisal process. I was told that I had to pay $400 for the appraisal fee. However, I would get that money back on the closing date of the home purchase. Two weeks later, I was told that the home that I wanted did not pass the VA appraisal. The VA would have approved the loan once the required repairs were done. The owner decided to get another buyer so the owner withdrew from the contract. The owner received a copy of the VA appraisal to help sell their home. I asked Quicken Loans about getting my $400 back since it was the owner who withdrew from the contract. I sent several emails to Quicken Loans without any reply. (Quicken Loans called and sent me emails non-stop during the pre-approval process).

I did receive a phone call from a Quicken Loans representative stating that they would start the process again to prevent me from losing $400. The next day, I received an email saying that I had a message from Quicken Loans on my account. The representative who I first started the process with sent me a letter on the message board stating that they would not approve me for a loan at this time. I called Quicken Loans to ask again about my $400 dollars. The representative told me that I would not get my money back for the appraisal. I asked the representative what kind of practice are they running? Please keep in mind that I also paid $275 for the home inspection. All the Quicken Loans representative said was that they was sorry for my loss.

From reading other reviews, Quicken Loans is making plenty of money for doing nothing. I do not understand how this company is still able to get away with taking customer's money. This tells me that no one from top-management at Quicken Loans is reading these reviews. I can only assume that Quicken Loans do not care about cheating customers out of their money. My advice is to do plenty of research before deciding on which lender to get to help purchase a home. In addition, stay away from Quicken Loans.

I filled out one form for Quicken Loan and was turned down. Then the phone calls started 1 to 4 times per day to call them back which I did not since they turned me down the first time which took over an hour of my time. After days of not calling them back you would think they should get the idea I am not interested. Well today I decided to pick up the phone and told them I am not interested and they said they would take me off the call list. About 3 hours later here is another call. I told him again, "Do not call here." I will live on the street before I would take a loan from them. I wish I had money to get lawyer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quicken Loans?

This isn't my first rodeo. I am purchasing my 6th house. I got the pre-qual from Quicken, then as soon as I had the accepted offer the purchase banker Kevin calls to move forward. I had started shopping the rates with other banks and a loan officer friend of mine. I asked Kevin for a loan estimate. He verbally gave me a closing cost estimate of about 5000. My buddy could not match those closing costs and so he directed me to get it in writing and if it is legitimate then proceed with Quicken.

When I asked Kevin for a written estimate he responded this way: "You will receive a loan estimate once we have your commitment to move forward. We have everything ready to go with ordering an appraisal and ready to order title work. I look forward to doing business with you." By "Once we have commitment", he means once we have collected your $500 deposit. In the 6 houses I've purchased through a regular bank or broker, I've never been told. "Pay us and we'll show you estimate." Who does that?!

I just wanted to try Quicken Loans. They blow their horn really loud but try to put you in a trap. Put you in a funnel to drive you to spending your money before they do anything. They try to take my money moving me around different place. Claimed that my house was too close to the original home. They do not give you parameters of a loan prior to you moving into all this discussion. They take all your personal information that talk everything about you. Who knows what they're going to do with it.

I warned them not to do anything with it. I complain to the director who most likely was not the director but a Coworker. No these are not good business people. I have an 840 credit score. The loan amount was 36k. Other people's money you know! No I would steer clear of these people. They were telling me how to run my business before the phone was over. Nobody tells me how to run my business. Nobody makes me jump through hoops. Do not patronize these people. Anything over 3 stars is fake.

I chose Quicken Loans really on a whim, just checking rates, etc. After we were well into the process, I thought of looking at the reviews. I am actually happy this is the way we did things, because had I read the reviews first, I would not have chosen Quicken. We were very pleased with every aspect of this process. Contrary to many reviews, we only submitted each piece of paperwork needed one time! We did deal with 3 different individuals and they were not clear that once you get passed to the next person that the previous won't deal with you... but I was always able to get in touch with just the right person.

The staff who worked on our loan went above and beyond our expectations to secure the loan. Any time something extra was needed, I was quick to get it sent in, and in a space of about 40 days, we closed our loan. Thanks to AJ, Cherese, and Sierra, who helped us in our journey towards home ownership. Those who have had a negative experience, I understand, but our experience was completely positive and we couldn't have asked for it to have gone any better! I will definitely consider using Quicken again if I need another loan!

Called Quicken Loans in August 2016 to refinance my home mortgage. I did so after reading reviews and ratings on LendingTree.com. After an hour and 45 minutes on the phone, they made me an offer to refi $195,000 at a rate of 4.35%. I didn't jump at this, questioning why it wasn't in the 3's and got reasons such as percentage loan to value, etc. My wife and I BOTH HAVE credit scores in the low 800's so I was not pleased. I did more research that night and the next day called a company in Rochester NY. They took my info and with ZERO points paid, offered me 3.35%. We took that offer and are now saving over $100 a month over Quicken's offer. Despite all of their GREAT RATINGS, Quicken tried to scam me. Do your research, people. Just because a bank seems to have a reputable name doesn't mean they're the best. I now spread the word, Quicken tried to scam me!

This company is something else. The mortgage broker was very fast-talking, which I knew right away was a red flag and he contradicted himself several times. This company will do anything to get you to sign and will reassure you all day long things are good to go. I even mentioned how awful the reviews were to the broker and he says, "Hey Disney has bad reviews". Well this company is not even close to being on that level. The customer service was fine but the knowledge of this broker was piss poor. I wasted two and half months with this joker and could not close the deal even though I had signed TWICE.

I did speak with a "Supervisor". He was of no assistance to me. They will not stand behind their agent's mishaps, which apparently are very often. I did not want to read into these reviews and wanted to try to close out quickly as one might think since the company name is "Quicken", but that is all smoke and mirrors. If you are scratching your head, asking why it is this hard to buy a home you should trust your instincts because it is not! Bottomline go to a REAL BANK because this company is not one.

I called Dan ** at Quicken Loans for a second opinion. I went with another local lender. Dan continues to call and call. I told him many times that I am using a local lender. He does not stop. Finally had to use caller rejection on my phone to stop the calls. Very annoying.

We were approved by another lender, but wanted to see if Quicken Loans could get us a better rate. I thought maybe the other people giving bad reviews had bad credit, did not know what they were doing, or any other reason to give Quicken the benefit of the doubt. So, I send Quicken all my information for approval, was approved, and they gave me a written closing cost estimate sheet that did come in about $6,000 less than my other local broker who had approved me through a bank. Luckily, I asked a LOT of questions to the agent at Quicken loan. Eventually, I asked enough questions to have avoided the bait and switch before we chose them.

In the end, I was told that the original agent had listed the home as a second property, not an investment home, and was told that changes everything. My rate was going to be raised and the discounts offered would be removed. Bringing the loan right up to what my local broker had given me. Obviously I am going with my local broker who was honest from the start...

We paid $500 for the appraisal. We told them our roof looked bad, but no leaks and would last 3-5 years more. We told them that we planned on adding on a garage and then re-roofing all of it with metal roofing. The appraisal came back 125% over the amount we wanted to borrow. The appraisal was also marked "as is." Quicken would NOT fund the loan unless we put new shingles on the roof. We said we would not do that. They kept our $500 and did not approve the loan. They are crooks -- We told them up front about the roof, our intentions, and that no repairs would be made prior to refinancing our home. They listened to "portions" of the conversations my husband and I had with them. There is NO winning with this company. I wish I had read the reviews before contacting this unethical company!

My husband and I were shopping for a loan for our new condo and we spoke to Sarah ** on call regarding the same. She initially told that a credit score of around 750 (which we have is what we confirmed her) can work out for a 90-10 or other options of the loan because we mentioned that we can pay only 10% down payment. So after, we have given permission to run the credit check based on what she assured us.

In the following call she ended up saying we are not eligible for the loan as they are expecting a credit score of 760 or more for us to qualify and also only a 15% or 20% down payment would only be accepted. We were shocked to see her response that way which changed in a day. We asked her why is that the information she provided earlier wasn't transparent so that we could have asked her to not to do a credit check if that was the case and she doesn't have an answer. We are very disappointed by the way things have happened and this has adversely affected our credit score.I didn't even want to give that one star too and never would we approach Quicken loans for any further purchases.

I contacted Quicken Loans to get pre approved for a loan. They only took into consideration my current income (less than 2 months at my job) and did not take into consideration my tax returns or employment history. They told me I was approved, so when I found a condo I liked and had under contract, I gave them $500 "good faith deposit" and they ordered an appraisal. The appraisal came back $17,000 less than the purchase price, using bad comparables (condos that were NOT updated, in foreclosure, etc) and the contract ended up being cancelled. I am now out $500 because they will not refund any money back. I have reported them to the BBB, wrote numerous messages on their facebook wall (which disappear every time) and nothing is being done about this. I have written a complaint to the Illinois Attorney General, but I am not confident they can help either. Stay FAR AWAY from this company. They are liars, scammers, and thieves.

My husband and I tried to refinance our home, and on the first day, we were asked to give a $400 deposit for the appraisal. It took about three weeks after we gave them all of our personal information. (If we experience identity theft, It's Quicken Loans). We were contacted and told that the loan didn't go through, and that our deposit would be refunded to us. I then received a call from another employee from the escalation department, and I told him that we were denied on the voicemail after attempting to call them back. I received an email from this person, and I wrote back that we are looking for our deposit for the appraisal that we never got. He emailed me back saying that he will take care of it and call me back. I received a call from some lady saying that it for the application fee. So, it cost us $400 for an application fee, when we submitted all of our information over to them. BEWARE! Do Not USE Quicken Loans, because they are scheisters!

I was shopping for a mortgage. After multiple preliminary reviews, they assured me they could get me a loan. They denied me. Here is the ** part: they charged me a fee! It's fine if they couldn't do the loan, but don't charge me a fee! This is a disgusting business practice and in my opinion, no one should do business with them until they stop doing that.

Where do I start. Do not even think of using Quicken Loans. They are so incompetent and so unprofessional, they approved me 3 times and denied me 3 times. They should not have a license to do mortgages. I spent 20k paying off bills. Sending 100ds of documents 30 days ago. I was so pissed off with their lack of professionalism I checked reviews and oh my god it was terrible, but I stuck with it and now it's been another month or more and now they denied me again over crap that they misled me on. And I must be a fool for falling for it, when I read the reviews and the same stupidity is what I'm facing, don't listen to a couple of positive reviews. The bad far outweighs the fake good reviews. Tell everyone!!! And don't stop until they are out of business. They will wreck your life. Money is no joke. They might as well be a Ponzi scheme.

The reason I gave them three stars is that the Loan Officer I dealt with during the process was great and helpful during my whole home purchasing experience. Then after I found something and started the loan process it got transferred to someone else. Then the ** starts. This is the part where you should start realizing that something may be wrong. I didn't and kept going. They asked for all the normal information which is customary but then things turned. When they asked me for something a little out of the ordinary, I got it for them immediately and was told they would send it to underwriting for approval. Remember that is only the first item. Now underwriting that is suppose to be right there ISN'T! It took days for it to get back so we could move on. Then we did the next thing which was normal on a P & S but underwriting in their own wisdom and without question changed it. This took a week to resolve.

Then they have this one person who I nicknamed the Grim Reaper because he would always call and give you the bad news. Now everyone knows how underwriting works. You get everything together for the loan officer and once it's all together it gets submitted in mass to underwriting. Then underwriting submits a list back with anything else they need or clarification on some items. But NO not Quicken. They do it piecemeal and stretch the loan process out. It was a horrible experience which I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. At the end the loan officer is supposedly left the company; however, I really have my doubts. Would really like to find this out. Oh and the best part, I was told the four days before the closing that the condo development wasn't approved... That's due to underwriting. Had to write this review so anyone who reads this can see what may be in store for them.

From the very first conversation with Terry ** the good faith money of $450 was to secure our application and be refunded at closing... Well all went well till they did the appraisal and then declined the loan due to a lower appraisal amount... Then when I said "Ok then please charge back my good faith money", they said "No it will be used for the cost of the appraisal" REALLY???

I called the credit card company who is investigating it but I noticed that Quicken Loans changed the application document showing my good faith money as appraisal cost... and there was never a discussion about the good faith money changing into the appraisal money... Scammers and fraud. They are on Facebook and on Twitter, so we can spread the word through social media my friends and every month if we do that, I promise people won't want to use their services. They aren't even a bank, they are online scammers that got a break, so let's bring them down.

I'm buying my first house. This is a GIGANTIC financial step for a 19 year old. Putting over 25K down and things are changing daily at a whim. Constantly being asked to re-upload documents I sent in over a month ago. My loan officer thought I was eligible for a government closing cost grant, NOPE! You can't put more than 10% down. I'm being penalized for putting 20% down. The loan officer starts asking for a $500 deposit and to sign an intent to proceed form. DO NOT PAY IT! I told him I need to shop around because he has no clue what is going on. I now have to pay another 2-3K in closing costs. I'm worried it could double or triple. I've been lied to so much and I haven't even gone to underwriting! This is mortifying. Goodbye Quicken, I'll use my local lender. You guys are an absolute disgusting mess.

Farah ** called me and had assured me that I was eligible to refinance my home. I have more than 6 figures of equity and have my home for 19 years. She also had informed me 2 late payments on one credit card 7 years ago was not an issue given all my other positive history and employment history. She even got her clueless colleague Ron ** to "advise" me. Needless to say he had no idea what he was saying. And Farah behaved in the most dishonest and unprofessional way pulling my credit for nothing, keeping me hanging, not returning any of my calls, and broken promises. Stay away from Quicken Loans and especially this agent - she's all talk and will lead you nowhere but waste all your time and energy. If you want to refinance your home, do your homework and find a reputable company.

Our experience with Quicken Loans has been a positive one. I liked the application process online. It was fairly straightforward and simple. We just needed to go to the website and start an application. The most tedious thing was securing paper copies of documents. They then sent a document specialist to our home when it was time to sign for the loan. Their website is easy to navigate so paying our mortgage is quick and painless. I would recommend them. The only thing I didn't like about the whole process is having to provide paper copies of past tax returns and pay stubs. I found that funny since it was a digital process for everything else.

Refinance. 40 days stress-free. Initially I began with the mortgage company I originally had - Freedom Mortgage. I went through the entire process with the closing costs at 13,000 and a requirement that I pay off two credit cards. I decided that I could do better at my credit union and they told me that I needed to wait until I lived in the house for 12 months which I never heard of. Unfortunately I had to get my ex-husband's name off the mortgage before the 12 months were up.

I tried Quicken Loans with low expectations. Everything sounded fine as it always does in the beginning. I received an interest rate the same as the one offered at my credit union and .5% lower than freedom was offering. My closing costs were 8,000. Everything was submitted and nothing was asked for twice. I waited 40 days for a "problem" but nothing came. I called several times throughout with questions. The responses were professional but short. In the end there were no surprises. I closed without any issues. It took 10 min at a Starbucks after work. It was stress-free and I would definitely recommend them to anyone that doesn't have to have constant dialogue or reassurance from the lender.

I found it easier to check online for Quicken. I have seen a lot of commercial for this and I decided to research it. We needed a mortgage company that would approve us and Quicken seemed to have the best rate and overall higher rating options. We looked at the paperwork and decided that it was worth it and seemed like a good process. It was very simple, that even I could understand it. It was easy, not confusing at all and fairly quick in terms of response time. The paperwork was right there in front of you so if there was a problem you could "ask" questions and somebody did actually get back to you. We filled out the paperwork together but I really did not like the fact that we basically had to tell them our life story so that was a little disconcerting to me but otherwise it was okay. I like the approval process and the amount of time it took us to be approved.

Quicken Loans suck. If you pay ahead on your mortgage they don't take that into account when calculating your escrow. Their fees are outrageous too. They are a rip off and I wouldn't use them if they were the last mortgage company on the earth. There is nothing I liked about my experience with Quicken Loans. As far as I'm concerned they are thieves and they harass you unmercifully. They are rude, obnoxious and just plain unfriendly.

Their fees are exorbitant, They have a weird way of calculating your escrow balance which doesn't account for all payments, if you don't want to use them as a mortgage company they harass you unmercifully and don't take no for an answer until you threaten them with an attorney. All in all I'd rather die a slow death in the seventh level of hell than to use them ever again. Anything I have to say has been said. To put it simply, they suck. I have nothing else to say about them. This survey is exactly like what it's like dealing with Quicken Loans. I have explained why I don't like them and other than to repeat myself over and over I'd rather keep it short. It was a nightmare. So enough already!

My overall experience with Quicken Loans mortgage company has been very simple and easy. The process of obtaining a mortgage or refinancing my loan was simple using their 1-800 toll free number. All my questions were answered. They are very self explanatory and are very customer friendly. This company makes me feel like I am a part of their family. :-) Also, they are safe and secure, and are conveniently located near home.

When I had a mortgage with Quicken Loans it was smooth and I liked how quick and easy the process was from start to finish. Usually getting a mortgage with a good rate can become a drag, but not with Quicken Loans. They have great rates and are efficient in finding the best mortgage for you. The agents are informative but need to slow down while working with a client to make the consumer feel like a person rather than a number. It did not feel personal, but they were detail oriented and made the process pleasant. There was a bit of confusion and miscommunication, however the agent did their best to break everything down so it was clear and simple.

The experience with Quicken Loans has been great. They have a hassle free application. It is not long and lengthy to whereas you have to fill out a thousand of pieces of paper. It is also a quick process that you can get pre-approved over the phone. They are a great loan company and they help you in many ways on how to purchase a home. Their financing is good and they also have many available options that you can choose from when purchasing a home with this company. They have and are one of the award winning companies that have sold many of home throughout the United States.

I like the fact that they were able to sit down with me and give a plan that would help me purchase my home quickly and easily without any hassle. They also come to your home and they can also give you a quote over the phone as well. Quicken Loans have helped me build my credit and they have been one of the most greatest companies to help me out with a low budget and credit that is only average and some of them below. They are an all around company that have helped many people out through these trying days. It could be very hard to purchase a home through some of these finance companies that don't offer what Quicken Loan offers.

I was not entirely convinced when we started researching which company to use. I did not know about Quicken Loans and just by seeing an internet page I was a bit distrustful. But I needed a loan for a quick repair for our car and we used Quicken Loans service about 2 years ago to make those repairs. The process was quick and easy and I was surprisingly very pleased with the service. We made it online, so we've no need to spend time in a physical location waiting, approval also came quickly, and we were able to use the money we needed in a reasonably short time. Requisites were also easy enough to fulfill, and payment methods are good and comfortable to us.

Compare Harp Loan and Loan Modification Companies