All My Sons Moving

Compare Moving Companies

Research top Moving Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Janice of Knoxville, TN on

This is the worst moving company I have ever dealt with and I have moved 3 times in 5 years. The men are so busy talking they do not come in and start working. If you respond to them, they will stop doing whatever they were doing and stand and talk for so long, you literally want to blow your brains out. Two of the men wrap and move things out and the other 2 stand out by the truck loading. They could have moved me in much less time if all four had been concentrating on getting the items out of the house and out to the truck.

When they arrived at our destination 1.2 miles away, I might add, they immediately said they could not unload the truck until they were paid. Well, that made no sense to me, because we didn't know how many more hours it would take to unload. They called the "boss", and he estimated how long it would take them to unload and wrote the bill for his estimate, which I knew was a ridiculous number of hours to unload the truck. We were given the explanation, we would be refunded the overage by Monday, our move was on a Saturday. I checked my account Monday, Tuesday, Wed, and on and on. I called 13 days later to ask about the refund, and the man I talked to acted like he didn't know they owed me a refund and had never seen the paperwork. After he looked at the paperwork, he told me one amount, and that the refund would be processed that day before the end of business.

Once again I checked my bank account day after day and no refund showed up. I then sent an email to all the names on the original contract and received a reply that it had indeed been sent on that same day I was told, with a screen shot of his ordered refund. That is not an actual receipt for a credit sent to my account. Anyone dealing with accounts can type in anything and then send a screen shot. Also at the last of the bill they tacked on a fuel charge, which no other mover I have ever used did that for an in-town move.

Also the men repeatedly told us how they don't make overtime and they have to work sometimes to midnight, and how they don't get paid well, hinting for big tips without actually saying the words. They are going to try to get you to go online before they leave and give them a commendation while they are standing there, don't do it!!! It's blackmail just like them holding your things on the truck until you overpay them before they will unload. My advice is if you live in Knoxville stay with the tried and true companies.

Deborah of Cape Coral, FL on

Worst moving company EVER!!! Appointment at 9 am. Called at 7 am and wanted to come then. I explained we weren't quite ready sooo they show up late! I assumed that since I was never emailed my contract they would bring my copy with them - NOT. The man stood there acting angry that we just didn't sign it without reading it and answered every question we had (about the additional costs no one had told us about) with this gem: "We are just here to move your stuff we don't know nothing about any of that." So I called customer service and was told they were typical charges and they would email my contract right away and he would personally speak with the lead mover concerning his attitude with us. The packing and loading didn't go that badly even though we had to tell them repeatedly that "yes that was going also" on several items.

He came to me about a loose chair leg and loose lamp base. I acknowledged that those items were that way. When we arrived at the new home I spent 20 minutes walking with him through the home at his request to show where this should go. That was stunningly useless! I left them alone for 15 minutes and found that furniture and boxes had been put in the completely wrong rooms. They kept bringing in furniture that was going to be in the way of bigger pieces when they brought them in but when I said anything they would just ignore me and speak to each other in another language. One man asked me where this big box went so I said right on that shelf in front of you so he set it on the ground RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE SHELF.

So now the fun stuff - the DAMAGE. They tried to get my California king bed frame up 2 sets of stairs and around a corner WITHOUT taking it apart. They busted a hole in the wall and my Oak frame is completely scratched up and damaged. Once they did take my bed frame apart we found out after they left that they left 3 pieces of wood outside in the yard with huge nails sticking up. I told them they could remove them and not put them back on but to leave them where anyone could walk on them - really people?! They dropped the top part of my Armoire on top of the bottom busting a corner off of the top piece. I have a $6,000.00 bedroom set that they just decided it was OK to TRASH. They bent a handle on my dresser horribly.

Instead of taking the doors off of my Double door refrigerator (which I asked them to do twice) they just shoved it through the back door and gouged the handles (white) with black from the door frame and the doors are now sitting uneven and not sealing properly. My grandsons captains bed is literally falling apart now after they "put" it back together - parts of frame separated, drawers won't go in and middle door hangs open and will not shut. One man dragged my Extra Large La-Z-Boy recliner across the tile floor slamming it up and down to move it. After they left we realized that he tore off one of the nails on the bottom frame. How did we realize this? My grandson stepped on it and it went ALL THE WAY INTO THE BOTTOM OF HIS FOOT! They broke glasses, pictures and other things that we were trying to pack as they were moving items, kicked an ashtray on the floor over and left it and the mess.

They pulled apart pieces of furniture that I specifically told him were not to be taken apart. I was quoted at $758.00 dollars for the move which turned into almost $1,300.00. They left garbage and pieces of packing tape every in both homes that we had to clean up. Also the packing tape I had to pay for of which I am now the proud owner of 7 rolls that they left at the first house. Lazy, rude, unskilled, are just a few of the words I have for the moving crew. I have also spoken to customer service who has made it quite clear they could care less about us. I still have never received my "contract" or moving inventory list. I have lived in Cape Coral for 20 years and work at a job where I know and talk to many people and I will tell every single person I ever meet to NEVER use this company.

Angel D. of Middleburg, FL on

All My Sons movers are the best movers I have ever had and I have moved 14 times in 16 years. They are extremely professional and extremely careful with my belongings. I would highly recommend them to anyone and everyone. As far as the bad reviews, I completely disagree with them. You can't ask for a better moving company than them. They are the best!!

Sonnya of Pelzer, SC on

First time I have ever used a moving company, and I was a nervous wreck. I don't like someone else touching my stuff, but I had to get help. All My Sons totally relieved my stress and worries and allowed me to focus on other things that needed my attention. I no longer have a fear of hiring a mover and would totally use them again. I strongly recommend All My Sons to anyone needing to hire a moving company to help move their memories and belongings. Thank you All My Sons for saving me in a time of need and making my experience amazing!

Patricia of Gainesville, FL on

I was given a time when the movers would show up and they were over an hour late. As they were loading the truck two of the movers asked for tips. Tacky!!! One of the movers had headphones on the whole time, listening to music and didn't respond or care when I would say something to him. Never removed his headphones. Before they would unload I had to pay. When I said, "That wasn't how things worked," one of them called the "boss" and then instructed me they would not unload until I paid. I had no choice, they were holding all of my things hostage. I was told before I even hired them that they would assemble everything that needed to be assembled and all they did was put my bed and my patio table together. When they assembled my bed they leaned the headboard against the wall and put the mattress and box springs on the frame. I had to finish the assembly.

They didn't listen to most of my instructions on where to put things and most of the things ended up in my shed. I still haven't found a lot of my kitchen supplies. They put a box full of tools right inside the shed and in front of everything after I asked them to put all the boxes on one side of the shed and the loose things on the other side so I could get to everything. As I said they didn't do as I asked. If they had done as I was told they would do I would have everything I need in the house and not in the shed.

As they were leaving, I asked them to take the mattress boxes and they said they wouldn't take my trash, I was responsible for removing it but if I wanted to make it "worth their while" meaning more money then they would take the boxes. I said, "No" and then the guy with the headphones proceeded to throw their trash out of the truck and put it with the mattress boxes I had to take care of. I told them to load that trash back on their truck and got a smart remark back. There is so much wrong with this company and the people they hire, I can't even begin to add everything up. I am not happy with All My Sons Moving and I can't express enough not to use them for your moving needs. They are awful, very unprofessional and way overpriced.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about All My Sons Moving?

Janey of San Marcos, TX on

I hired them to move my one bedroom apartment to a storage unit one mile from my place. They showed up 2 hours late. They moved very slowly, and I would find them taking 15 minutes to tie down an item in the truck, trying to run up the time! They were in no hurry to get the job done, and one of the movers stood around most of the time, and never came into the apartment to get anything moved unless the other one came with him.

The owner told me it would be between $350-$450 on the high side to get the job done! This job turned out to be a 4.5 hour job, and the charge was $567.00. I refused to pay the amount, and told him the job could have been done in 3 hours max, but the movers dragged it out, taking as much time as possible. I finally got him down to $450.00 which was still very expensive for the move!

Run from this company, and their business tactics!!! The men who did the work were polite, but one was lazy, and dragging the time out to get paid more! Get a flat rate from a mover, not a flexible quote, depending on how much they want to make. He told me, "If you can't afford to hire a mover, then why didn't just move it yourself?" I told him, "I am 66 years old, and I asked you how much you told me it would be and I am not paying one cent over the highest price you gave me!"

sarah of Baton Rouge, LA on

Terrible moving experience! An estimator was sent to evaluate the size and cost of the move. A one truck, one price, one day move turned into a three truck, two day, very expensive move. Felt like a bait-and-switch routine. The estimator assured us that the crew would arrive early and stay until the move was complete. They arrived late and left early. We were assured that they would wrap and package delicate furniture. That was not the case. Several items were damaged. The door was ripped off of one piece of furniture and they neglected to inform us about it. After 3 trucks and 2 days, I still had to complete the move myself. It took 3 truck loads and a late night to finish the move.

Upon arrival at the new house, they scraped up my wooden floors, gashed and scraped freshly painted stairway walls and ceilings. They did not put my dining room table back together and left items in downstairs that needed to be upstairs. Once again the move was not complete. We had to hire additional people to come and help us complete the move. The upper management was not much help and never inspected the damage done to our home and furniture and were indifferent to the fact that our furniture was not put back together. We filed a claim and the claim process was painful. They never return phone calls and we still have not come to what I consider a fair agreement. The company takes no ownership for the poor treatment of their customers. It was a nightmare!!!

Kelly of Doha, Other on

I had great customer service from the Houston branch so didn't even think twice about Dallas. Worst service ever!! Refused to use my packing materials. Stuff packed randomly. Didn't itemize for customs like I asked. Silverware in with bathroom. Lied??? Didn't return phone calls. Used suspect math. Stay away. Refused to refund overcharge.

Gyan of Columbus, OH on

This company is not transparent. They hide their charges and not inform about their prices. They don't provide anything in writing so that they can fool you in paying more. Please stay away from this organization. The people who come to move are really nice and we're very happy with the workers. It is sad that they work for such a terrible company.

Melinda of Liberty, SC on

We hired All My Sons to move contents in a storage building. They said "Yes we will take care of it." Oh was I shocked! They told me I didn't have to stay. They would clean it out and meet me at my new place. They came and I was told few items was left they couldn't transport. My husband and I go to the storage to get the few items and sweep it out. It was still full of stuff. Stuff was dumped out they even left their trash. I call and they get the local branch manager to call me. Well few minutes he did. Told me he would have to charge me hourly again for a job they didn't finish and cussed me out.

Never been so pissed off in all my life. But they took my money and left me with the job they was hired to do. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! They have no respect for you or your things. I asked to speak to someone to help me and got told I have to send a email. All this happen today, 2/2/17. Never again will I use this company. I don't see how they can treat their customers with such disrespect and still be in business.

sue of West River, MD on

After 10 min in my home one of the movers had to use the bathroom. They came early, caught me off guard and I left my earrings in the bathroom... They were TAKEN. After a few phone calls that day, "my earrings would be returned the next day..." no they were not. It is now 6 months and I am waiting for a check. I was played with, lied to; good runaround on their part.

Brenda Kaye of Inman, SC on

The MOST UNPROFESSIONAL Moving Company EVER. Charged for Shrink Wrap they didn't use. Used the side doors with NO ramp - took extra time. Kept rearranging furniture instead of putting it where it needed to go at the first -- took extra time. Slid mattresses in dirt and got dirty. I could go on and on!!! I called the Supervisor (Stephen) at 803-234-5977 and he acted like it was NO Big DEAL. He said he would credit my acct. for the shrink wrap that they charged me for but there was nothing else he could do except to talk to the guys that moved the furniture.

I told him how unsatisfied I am with the bill and the moving experience and he acted like it was nothing to him!!! I told him that the 2 guys wasted a lot of time and this move should have been done no more than 2-3 hours at the most! He said there was nothing he could do about it. He acted like he didn't even care about my dissatisfaction with the company. He hung up on me!!! Please--take it from me--DON'T USE THIS COMPANY OR YOU WILL BE SO MAD AND DISSATISFIED AND THEY WILL DO NOTHING!!! Move date: 01/12/17.

Robin of Nashville, TN on

THIEVES!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! This was my first and last time using a moving company! The "owner" (Zack) assured me that the employees that worked there had background checks, drug tested, no criminal histories, and were not day laborers. **!!! They showed up smelling like **, took "smoke breaks" every 20 minutes, damaged our furniture, damaged our brand new house, and stole so much of our stuff, including guns, prescription pills, laptops, checkbooks, social security cards, credit cards, and more. We have had to file a police report, cancel all of our accounts, and take so much time to combat these criminals! My husband just found out they added 8 additional lines to his Sprint account and his phone bill was outrageous because they have been using our service!!! These people are professional criminals. I beg you to not use them!!!

I called Zack and he said there was nothing he could do except send a claim packet out to us and we can file a claim for our damage and stolen goods. We received the claim packet and it's requiring receipts of everything stolen and damaged. They know people do not keep receipts of items they have had for years. This is how they get out of paying the claim!!! I will continue to use social media to let everyone know to not use this company. They are criminal, they are liars, and they are thieves!!! DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY!!!

Bri of Vancouver, WA on

Absolutely horrible experience! Most unprofessional behavior by any service company I've ever encountered. COMPANY was unable to tell me why the moves were late or when they would arrive. When they arrived Juan was rude from the start. First thing they did was to demand we sign a form stating the furniture was delivered and undamaged. This was before they even started. Juan said they would leave if we didn't sign it. After wasting quite a bit of time which I ended up paying for the company told Juan we didn't need to sign until after furniture was moved.

Upon arrival at destination before they would start unloading Juan demanded payment in full plus an estimated charge for two hours to return to their shop which was 30 minutes away. I was supposed to be refunded for the extra time but that didn't happen. I gave into this ridiculous surprise demand because they were stressing out my 82 year old mom. They also again demanded we sign a form stating the furniture was all delivered without damage before they would start unloading. AVOID THIS COMPANY!!!

Susan of St.Augustine, FL on

DO NOT USE - JAX, FL. In spite of walk-thru with packers explaining monetary value of heirlooms/collectibles (over 4K) and signed numbered antiques, they FAILED. Failed to use bubble wrap instead flimsy paper - 2 sheets then packed heavy items on top on 2 items. $700 was paid for packing. Claims process even worse - explicit documentation and detailed photos provided. 40+ photos and mfg. estimate of appraised value piece proof of Value. Their claims dept. offered a settlement amount of $147. My 40 yrs old heirlooms. NOT acceptable. 65 days, 11 emails, 4 conversations, still no resolution. BBB will be contacted, lawyer, state financial institution, social medias, small claims court if an reasonable settlement not received.

Loly of Bridgeport, CT on

Very unhappy with their service. They overcharge customers without making them aware. Not to mention that the movers have to have their own tools. If they don't they will hold you back big time, something you wouldn't know until they get there. Very unprofessional company and I won't recommended to anyone.

Anthony of Chicago, IL on

They stole my money. I had a huge basket of change. They buried it. When I checked it, it was less than half full. Then they begged me for a tip. Then they stole my cologne. When I called them they were like "fill out this form". DON'T EVER USE THEM!

andrea of Little Rock, AR on

I was told one price and when they got here 500 dollars to go one block and my sofa is still in my kitchen because they do not take sofas apart. My floor is marked up and my door frame is damage. They pretend to care when I call main office but no response and I asked for a complaint form none here today. Told me they would come take the sofa apart if I do not write a complaint. Stay away from them unless you want to lose your money.

shane of Hillsboro, OR on

DO NOT USE THIS MOVING COMPANY!!! I called them a week before my move and asked for a quote to move my 3 bedroom house. They quoted me 4 movers and a 26 foot truck for 2 hours for 253.30 an hour to load the truck. They then said there would be an overnight charge of 125 to store the truck at their warehouse. The next day they were to come out to my new house and deliver my stuff for 2 hours at 253.30 for 4 movers.

The movers showed up at 12:20 on Thursday to move my stuff. No advanced notice, no call. I showed them through the house what was to be moved (everything, all boxed, all broke down) and what was priority (the heavy stuff first). The lead mover then went over the paperwork with me and wrote down his start time as 12:15. They then backed in the truck, unloaded their stuff and walked around the house. Throughout the first hour they moved a minimal amount of boxes and made many trips up and down the stairs empty handed. 2 guys did most of the work.

Towards the end of the second hour they had most of the items brought down from the second floor. By the end of the third hour they had 75% of the house packed, but still had not packed the gun safe (As promised, discussed, and agreed upon) and chairs and a few other large items. Their fleet manager called and said that the truck/crew was needed back at the company.

The lead mover then had me go over paperwork at 2:50. The movers stopped moving. The lead mover called his manager and then wrote down 3:15 as the stop time. He was discussing drive time with his manager. He crossed out the 3:15 and wrote in 4:15. I said, "you moved me for 3 hours, one hour over what was agreed and you are leaving me here with 25% of my stuff still in my house and you haven't put the gun safe or the grandfather clock on the truck as agreed upon". He quickly signaled his team to move the safe and the clock and then informed me that I was being charged an extra hour for drive time. DRIVE TIME AT @ 224.95 an hour! THIS WAS NEVER MENTIONED TO ME OR AGREED UPON! They finished loading at 3 and left me with a job unfinished that I had to rent a uhaul to move.

I immediately called to complain. I was told by Allen (the 4th person I've talked to now) that I should never have been charged for drive time. He told me that I wasn't being charged for drive time, I was being charged for the 4 hour minimum on Saturdays as per company prices. I then informed him that it was Thursday. He corrected himself and said that the extra hour was wrong. I then asked him if he would credit me with an hour on delivery. He said yes.

The next morning there was a hang up on my end with my house not closing on time. I had made them aware that this would be a possibility. I called them as soon as they opened and asked them what my options were to store my stuff. I was quoted at $1400 to store my stuff for two nights! "We will have to unload your truck into our 8 vaults and then reload your stuff to bring it out to you for delivery. You will be then charged for unload at your house on top of that." I said that this was not an option and that I would rent my own storage unit and have them unload the truck there. Alan said that is just fine and that it should take their guys an hour to an hour and a half to unload the truck into the unit. I booked a storage unit (free for the first month) and had them meet me there at 12:45.

The same crew brought the truck out minus one guy (3 total movers this time). I was told that because there was only 3 guys the hourly rate was reduced to 175.80. The lead mover put the start time at 11:45. I said, your clock is off, it is 12:45. He told me I was being charged an hour for the drive time! This was not agreed upon. After the first hour, half the truck was left to unload. One of the movers then stopped moving and started removing tape from the moving blankets and folding up all the blankets. This took him over 20 minutes and while he stopped, so did the second mover. I recorded this on video.

At the two hour mark the lead mover brought paper work over for me to sign and pay for the move. I told him that I do not want to pay for this move until the job is finished. You were supposed to have this truck unloaded in an hour and a half and now it is two hours and still 25% of the truck left to finish. He called his manager and the manager called me. He told me that he told his movers to freeze the truck and close down the move until I payed. He strong armed me into paying up front and held my possessions hostage. He then yelled at me, "I do not have time to argue with you" to which I hung up and told the movers to get my stuff off the truck. I signed their paperwork with the lead mover putting down 3.25 hours as the total for this unload!

This company is sneaky, preys on people who are in a bind, and will hold your possessions ransom until you pay. You will never deal with the same person even when you request it. They will lie to you, make up prices as they go, add on fees as they feel fit and never put anything into writing. There is a reason they have so many negative yelp review and are a D on the Better Business Bureau website. STAY AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS!!! They stole $400 dollars from me!!!

Tirona of Indian Trail, NC on

Let me start by saying, how do the mover make himself comfortable in your home and eat your food? I had chips in my kitchen, and the movers stuck his nasty dirty hands in my daughter's chips which my daughter threw away. I had a new sofa wrapped in plastic when it got to my apartment it was missing the plastic, but had paint on it. Where did the paint come from? I don't have a clue. When I asked the movers what happened to the plastic I was told they took it off. I told the movers there was paint on my new sofa. His response was, "for someone not paying for your move you are very demanding". I was insulted. They are hired for a service, and they do not care. To treat customers so rudely is so disrespectful. I don't understand how a company like this exist. People with businesses with great morals can't succeed. I will never use anyone but Gentle Giants again. If I can't get them the day I need them I'LL WAIT.

larita of Norfolk, VA on

$1500.00 to move a 2 bedroom house??? Alonso the owner is a certified crook! Why add 3 then 4 at the end of my move. Using verbiage like "It's now a full pack out", to justify. Yes I'm moving everything in my house?! I was completely taken advantage of! I will never recommend this place and wish I did my research!

Barry of Supply, NC on

I hired All My Sons Moving and Storage of Fort Myers, Florida to move me from Saint James City, Florida to Supply, North Carolina. They asked me if I would like to buy insurance from them to protect myself from them breaking, losing or stealing my own items. I did not think that was the right thing to have to do. If you do not buy their insurance from them, they only pay sixty cents a pound on what they destroy or do not deliver. Sure enough, they lost my 3X4 signed framed lithograph worth a few thousand dollars, three large glass table tops and fifteen other items, some personal that can never be replaced at any price, much less at sixty cents a pound.

I have reported them to the Better Business Bureau, went to arbitration and, now, never hear from them. They showed no real interest in finding and delivering all of my items. I cannot imagine that they innocently lost all of these items and have no idea of where they are. I would never use this company and I will warn anyone to avoid them at all cost!

H. of Killingworth, CT on

Although the two movers were very nice, they took much more time than needed, charged us for more time after they said done, caused minor damage to some of our pieces, and littered the street and our lawn. We still can't find some of our boxes.

Janet Reindl of Benton, AR on

I called this company and told them specifically that I was moving a couch, an entertainment center and a heavy table. I told him I wanted to price around. He assured me it would be "around" $400. I thought it was high but agreed. When it was all said and done they charged me over a THOUSAND dollars! Of course I was not around and had my husband sign the I'll while the items were still in their truck, threatening not to unload it. I called to talk to the manager and he said he would look into the matter and call me back with NO RESPONSE! Beware people they are CROOKS!

JASON of Woodstock, GA on

Absolute worst moving company I have ever dealt with. Overall cost much more than quoted. Broke furniture. Left TONS of stuff at my old home even though we hired them to quote us what it would take. Answer? Pay more. Hooked up my water line to fridge causing leak, wall damage and basement damage. Most stuff just stacked wherever they could sit it down in my basement. At first everything is "friend" and "no problem", until they want more money. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Kathi of Lees Summit, MO on

Do not use this moving company. They will call and be persistent until you send them a deposit, then they disappear. You will not hear about scheduling until right before you move. That's when they disclose hidden fees and charges. Not worth it! There are too many other reputable companies that are honest and upfront.

Becky of Rockwall, TX on

I used this company to my Mom from her apartment to my house. It cost me over $700 to move a 2 bedroom apartment. They were slow and inefficient. They did not shrink wrap but chose to use tape for everything including taping furniture to a dolly. Of course it is beneficial for them since they charge $4.95 for each roll of tape. After calling customer service they insisted they get good reviews and offered a 30 minute credit. Totally unacceptable.

Bob of Baton Rouge, La, LA on

Never choose All My Sons as a moving company. WATCH what you sign. This company has you as a customer sign a form saying that if they provide any claims to you that you will not complain or otherwise tell others how poor they were. Fortunately I did not myself sign that form. Someone else did. Who would believe you would have to go through such a process? We were mislead by their nice sales people in several ways. They promised the movers would be well trained and would package (cushion) our items well. They promised that our items would be protected in the move. One man started work that day and I don’t think he had 1 minute’s worth of training. One mover literally wrapped individual paper books! Remember you are paying by the hour! I wish I’d known what he was doing.

One time I found the whole crew of 6 taking a break on the side of the truck where they couldn’t be seen. One time I saw a whole crew of 6 watching 2 men wrap our piano. I did not agree to pay men to observe other men working. Then one guy put ornamental ceramics, my computer printer and other delicate items, with NO cushioning whatsoever, in a large box. Damages did occur on this and many other items. They destroyed a nice antique table by splintering the wooden legs. They damaged my grand piano so the whole key set was no longer operable. It was probably inadequately cushioned on the bottom of the truck so when it hit bumps it was jarred and damaged. Yes they offer a claims process. Their claims process is awful. Expect it to take a long, long time and then expect them to Low-ball you on your claim.

They also demanded we have our signature Notarized just to file the calm. That means you take their document to a Notary and PAY the notary to observe your signature and stamp the document. We did it once but then they wanted us to do it AGAIN on our acceptance form. I told them no. I said either waive their "requirement" for notarization or send a Notary to my house on my schedule and we'd sign/Notarize it for them. After a couple of weeks and several phone calls they finally decided they could waive this requirement. We made a list of $1800 in damages and they offered us $600. We said no. We went round and round with them on this. Go ahead and try to call their claims department. They won't call you back. We had to call them over and over again on this fiasco all through the process. (When you need moving services they will call you back pronto!!!)

Then we sent in the last acceptance form for the $1800 which they finally "accepted" to pay about Oct. 24. On Oct. 31 we have still not received a reply or a check so I contacted them. They said my check will be written on November 20. I suggest you find another moving company. Whoever you hire, WATCH what those guys are doing and save yourself some trouble. When they are wasting time doing something of no value to you then tell them to stop it. Better to stop them from damaging your things. You won’t like the claims process. I suspect most people just give up.

Tammy of Greencovesprings, FL on

When I called All My Sons I was told they did not hire fly by night movers and all their employees are professional. I would get four movers instead of two. Great! The process was far from efficient. Three of them had just started and never moved furniture before. They would stand around talking about each other or the three new guys didn't know what to do and was looking for direction from the foreman who was more interested in talking than moving. My husband and I saw that they needed motivating so we jumped in to help move some of the smaller items. They just sat there and watched us! I have moved several time before using a different company (two men and a truck) which we will be hiring to finish the jobs these guys couldn't get done.

That company had only two drivers and got an entire house in a previous move completed in 4 hours! These four guys with all my sons had a half of a house to move and six hours later only 3/4 of it was done and it came with a busted desk, bedside table and ripped leather couch and loveseat. We stopped the move immediately and told them to go. The manager was far from sympathetic and just referred us to their claims department. So 1,000 later we are not moved and have furniture that cannot be used. If we wanted busted up furniture, we would have saved the money and moved ourselves. This company is far from professional from the top to the bottom.

Wayne of Kansas City, MO on

We were quoted $650 to move our already packed apartment from Independence to Belton. Once it was loaded they told us it was going to be $1200. I didn't have the extra money so they kept our belongings. My autistic child had his world turned upside down when they took the only thing he owned and helped him, his Xbox. People please beware. These people are slick. They act pleasant and professional. It's all fake. Thank you!

All My Sons Moving Company Profile