All My Sons Moving

Compare Moving Companies

Research top Moving Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I called this company and told them specifically that I was moving a couch, an entertainment center and a heavy table. I told him I wanted to price around. He assured me it would be "around" $400. I thought it was high but agreed. When it was all said and done they charged me over a THOUSAND dollars! Of course I was not around and had my husband sign the I'll while the items were still in their truck, threatening not to unload it. I called to talk to the manager and he said he would look into the matter and call me back with NO RESPONSE! Beware people they are CROOKS!

Absolute worst moving company I have ever dealt with. Overall cost much more than quoted. Broke furniture. Left TONS of stuff at my old home even though we hired them to quote us what it would take. Answer? Pay more. Hooked up my water line to fridge causing leak, wall damage and basement damage. Most stuff just stacked wherever they could sit it down in my basement. At first everything is "friend" and "no problem", until they want more money. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Do not use this moving company. They will call and be persistent until you send them a deposit, then they disappear. You will not hear about scheduling until right before you move. That's when they disclose hidden fees and charges. Not worth it! There are too many other reputable companies that are honest and upfront.

I used this company to my Mom from her apartment to my house. It cost me over $700 to move a 2 bedroom apartment. They were slow and inefficient. They did not shrink wrap but chose to use tape for everything including taping furniture to a dolly. Of course it is beneficial for them since they charge $4.95 for each roll of tape. After calling customer service they insisted they get good reviews and offered a 30 minute credit. Totally unacceptable.

Never choose All My Sons as a moving company. WATCH what you sign. This company has you as a customer sign a form saying that if they provide any claims to you that you will not complain or otherwise tell others how poor they were. Fortunately I did not myself sign that form. Someone else did. Who would believe you would have to go through such a process? We were mislead by their nice sales people in several ways. They promised the movers would be well trained and would package (cushion) our items well. They promised that our items would be protected in the move. One man started work that day and I don’t think he had 1 minute’s worth of training. One mover literally wrapped individual paper books! Remember you are paying by the hour! I wish I’d known what he was doing.

One time I found the whole crew of 6 taking a break on the side of the truck where they couldn’t be seen. One time I saw a whole crew of 6 watching 2 men wrap our piano. I did not agree to pay men to observe other men working. Then one guy put ornamental ceramics, my computer printer and other delicate items, with NO cushioning whatsoever, in a large box. Damages did occur on this and many other items. They destroyed a nice antique table by splintering the wooden legs. They damaged my grand piano so the whole key set was no longer operable. It was probably inadequately cushioned on the bottom of the truck so when it hit bumps it was jarred and damaged. Yes they offer a claims process. Their claims process is awful. Expect it to take a long, long time and then expect them to Low-ball you on your claim.

They also demanded we have our signature Notarized just to file the calm. That means you take their document to a Notary and PAY the notary to observe your signature and stamp the document. We did it once but then they wanted us to do it AGAIN on our acceptance form. I told them no. I said either waive their "requirement" for notarization or send a Notary to my house on my schedule and we'd sign/Notarize it for them. After a couple of weeks and several phone calls they finally decided they could waive this requirement. We made a list of $1800 in damages and they offered us $600. We said no. We went round and round with them on this. Go ahead and try to call their claims department. They won't call you back. We had to call them over and over again on this fiasco all through the process. (When you need moving services they will call you back pronto!!!)

Then we sent in the last acceptance form for the $1800 which they finally "accepted" to pay about Oct. 24. On Oct. 31 we have still not received a reply or a check so I contacted them. They said my check will be written on November 20. I suggest you find another moving company. Whoever you hire, WATCH what those guys are doing and save yourself some trouble. When they are wasting time doing something of no value to you then tell them to stop it. Better to stop them from damaging your things. You won’t like the claims process. I suspect most people just give up.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about All My Sons Moving?

When I called All My Sons I was told they did not hire fly by night movers and all their employees are professional. I would get four movers instead of two. Great! The process was far from efficient. Three of them had just started and never moved furniture before. They would stand around talking about each other or the three new guys didn't know what to do and was looking for direction from the foreman who was more interested in talking than moving. My husband and I saw that they needed motivating so we jumped in to help move some of the smaller items. They just sat there and watched us! I have moved several time before using a different company (two men and a truck) which we will be hiring to finish the jobs these guys couldn't get done.

That company had only two drivers and got an entire house in a previous move completed in 4 hours! These four guys with all my sons had a half of a house to move and six hours later only 3/4 of it was done and it came with a busted desk, bedside table and ripped leather couch and loveseat. We stopped the move immediately and told them to go. The manager was far from sympathetic and just referred us to their claims department. So 1,000 later we are not moved and have furniture that cannot be used. If we wanted busted up furniture, we would have saved the money and moved ourselves. This company is far from professional from the top to the bottom.

We were quoted $650 to move our already packed apartment from Independence to Belton. Once it was loaded they told us it was going to be $1200. I didn't have the extra money so they kept our belongings. My autistic child had his world turned upside down when they took the only thing he owned and helped him, his Xbox. People please beware. These people are slick. They act pleasant and professional. It's all fake. Thank you!

I researched moving companies very carefully for a full pack and move from Indiana to Maryland. I interviewed three different movers, as is often advised. I was completely taken in by the surveyor Joe **'s promises of how careful the packers and movers would be, how he would make sure I had the "best team" (he even gave me names), and how they would bring special materials to protect breakables (like artwork) and how the "same team" would follow me to Maryland to deliver. It all sounded great. Maybe even too good to be true! Long, painful story short: the movers arrived without any packing materials and no record that this would be a full pack, and two hours later when packing materials were finally trucked down from Indianapolis, the delivery did not include boxes for artwork or boxes for clothing.

So clothes were thrown helter-skelter into boxes (no wardrobe boxes, as promised), and artwork was wrapped in blankets, not bubble wrap and boxes!!! And the "same team" could not follow me to Maryland, as one of the guys had an ankle monitor that didn't allow him to leave the state, and the driver explained it's cheaper for the company to have him drive by himself, and then pick up two unknown guys in Maryland to finish the move. So many items were dropped and broken. Artwork had been framed with museum glass, etc. Broken glass was everywhere. Some of the artwork was just mysteriously "lost."

Given the damage to the artwork and my belongings, not to mention the hole in the wall in my new house the one Maryland guy put in it that needs to be refilled and painted by an expert, I filed a claim, as instructed. For what will cost me several thousand dollars to fix and replace, the company has just offered me---are you ready?---$184.80, and holds me to the promise that I will not "thereafter publish or otherwise make to any person or entity verbally or in writing, any negative or derogatory remarks about AMS or its employees."

Their form is also hilariously full of grammar mistakes. They had me fill out long, complicated forms describing the losses and damage, all for this ridiculous sum. There is no way I will accept this, nor can they "buy my silence" for a measly $184. I don't really care as much about the money as I do about the lost items that had not only monetary value exceeding thousands of dollars, but sentimental value, as well.

Joe **, the surveyor, who was so nice and full of promises and assurances (like having the movers put runners down on the floors so as not to leave a mess---naturally, there was a huge mess that I had to stay up all night cleaning before leaving the next day to drive, and the runners were cheap paper that just tripped them) never returned my calls, even the day of the move when I tried to tell him things weren't right. Moving is also stressful enough without this. The two men on the Maryland end were rude and nasty. From beginning to end, this was a terrible experience, and clearly they are not going to reimburse me any reasonable amount for any loss. I am heartbroken over all the damaged items and losses. There was artwork that is irretrievable. They had told me that if they packed the artwork, they would be responsible for it. Not so. I feel tricked and deceived. No one is taking responsibility. The buck just gets passed on.

I initially was told that my move could easily be completed with 2 people in four hours. When I next called back it had jumped to 3 people and maybe another hour. The team came when promised but 2 of the team apparently never moved before. As a result the move was horribly slow as 1 person did the work and the other 2 watched or walked out to the truck and back. The move ended up taking twice a long and many pieces were damaged. I ended up having to move many of the pieces myself in order to expedite. Terrible company, terrible customer service. Do not hire this company. You will regret it.

Do not hire All My Sons movers. They will give you a sales pitch that they are an employee owned company and that every employee cares and you can be guaranteed that they will do a good job. I see on this website that they have 1 star... I wish I would have checked this site before I hired them. They suckered me in. We were told they would be there between 1-3 in the afternoon. They would call an hour ahead. 2:30 rolls around nothing. I called the "dispatch" said they would be there by 3:00. 3:30 rolls around. I get a man that says they are running late because 2 crews called in sick.

Also, to complicate things the "corporate" office says the truck has to be back at the shop in Salt Lake City by 8:00 pm. After several calls, they ask me if it's OK that they come first thing in the morning. EVERYTHING is packed up. I have a 85 year old mom, with Alzheimer's needing to be moved. They didn't care. I would NEVER hire them again. We (4 people in their 60's) ended up moving everything ourselves. My back and legs were hurting so baaad the next day, I couldn't walk. I was so upset and disappointed. I have always used Two Men and a Truck and have never been disappointed. I will always use Two Men and a Truck from here on out. I highly recommend them!!! Do not waste your time with this company. Look at all of the reviews, like I wish I had.

WORST MOVERS EVER!!! My mother hired them for a local move in Palm Coast, Florida and it was a nightmare. Before they even started they asked for a tip! They were late, broke numerous items and even stole a jar of loose change! When the truck was "full" they announced there was no more room (even though they specifically were told days before how many rooms were to be moved). My mother was forced to hire additional movers for the items they left and when she complained, she was told there was nothing to be done and to take it up with the corporate office. Shame on you. You should be truly ashamed for posing as a "family company" and treating someone like that. I hope it doesn't happen to your mother.

The sales agent at this place initially told me that my move would take 4 to 6 hours maximum with two movers. She quoted $99 per mover. To save myself additional money, I took four loads on my own, in a van, the night before the move. This was a two bedroom one bath house with 1300 ft. The night before my move one of the owners called and highly recommended that I hire a third person bumping up the rate to $149 per worker. I asked why he was changing this the night before the move and he said he was only trying to "save me money". So I agreed to that. The next day the movers arrived and I was told that I had to pay an additional $100 for the movers to drive to my house and another $100 for them to drive the truck back to the shop.

There were three movers there, and I have never seen movers move so slowly and inefficiently. They had no supplies like straps and no tools to take my furniture apart and put it back together. It was obvious that they were not trained well and did not know what the heck they were doing. While two of the men wrapped furniture awkwardly, the other stood there watching. As they worked they moved very slowly, putting only one or two boxes on a handcart, or carrying one thing in their hand and leaving the other hand empty. I was moving very quickly along with them to help make things go faster, bringing things to the porch and to the edge of their truck. I am 43 years old and a woman and was moving twice as fast as they were getting twice as much done. I was so frustrated watching these guys work and thinking about my money flying out the window each minute that went by.

The guys ended up taking 7 hours to move me. They broke a lot of my furniture. I watched them drop wooden furniture on its corners and saw later that the furniture is cracked and the drawers will not shut because the furniture is misaligned. My Tempur-pedic mattress and box were not wrapped at all and the corners are worn off and filthy. These guys got on their cell phones and joked around, and one even ask me if he could have something I was leaving behind, and got on his cell phone to arrange for a friend of his to come and pick it up at my house. So unprofessional. The final nail in the coffin was when at the end of the move I saw the guys in their truck folding up all the blankets neatly and stacking them and getting everything strapped down for the next customer on my time and my dime! They spent about 20 minutes doing that.

I contacted the owner and tried to have an adult conversation with him and asked only for a partial refund. I only wanted my original estimated amount to be honored. He stated that I was being uptight and argued with me and was extremely rude and disrespectful. No refund. I actually felt sorry for the movers because they are not skilled and not trained and probably don't make very much money per hour. It was estimated that my move would cost about $700. In the end the total was $1140. I was sick about it. Do not give this company your business. They are a bait and switch company that only care about making money hand over first and do not respect their customers or their employees.

Mark ** the sales rep from All My Sons Moving, sold me a move that was an absolute disappointed from the start. When the team of 3 guys showed up the one immediately asked for payment. I opened my wallet to give him my credit card and one of the other movers asked me a question, so I turned for a second. Not realizing it till I went to tip them, he had stolen the $100.00 I had in my wallet, when approached he denied it.

On the delivery end, all my plastic bins were shattered with the contents strewn all over truck and road. Every and I do mean EVERY piece of furniture was damaged, scratched, marred, chipped etc. Even the cardboard boxes were ripped and smashed... I was not given a one hour window for delivery. I was called at 11:00 a.m. and told the trailer had been dropped off and I needed to get there immediately. Got there 15 minutes later and trailer was there but no movers. Movers were to arrive between 8-12 with a one hour ahead call.

When I called the local office in Raleigh, NC, Tyler told me they're on their way. By 12:30 I called again and he said between 1-3. Said they will call an hour ahead. 3:30 and still no movers. Spoke with the salesman who sold me the move and he said "What do you want me to do". Now I have no car and am stranded at the empty apartment. At 5:20, I get a call from a mover stating he will be here in 5 minutes. After 20 minutes 2 guys show up and it took them till 9:30 to finish. Again, everything damaged and ruined. Never ever use All My Sons Moving!!!

Movers stole son's medication. Personally loaded and unloaded medication for my car to new address. Next day found pills spilled in box and 11 pills missing. I'm 100% sure it was taken by one of the movers. No one else came in contact with the box but me and the movers. This medication is vital to my son's daily function so I'm very angry. I also filed a police report.

We used All My Sons Moving Company out of Smyrna, GA on September 24, 2016 to perform a local move. The move was approximately 30 yards down the street from a leased townhouse to an owned townhouse. The owned townhouse had recently been completely repainted and was mark free at the time of the move-in. The leased unit was in excellent condition with the walls also without marks. Movers showed up relatively on-time with three men for a three bedroom, three story townhouse with heavy furniture. It took the employees' considerable time to get started and it was approximately two hours before the first piece of furniture was moved and it was a disaster.

A large wardrobe was poorly wrapped and before we knew it, the movers had let it scrape the walls down to the first stair landing, then let it make a large dent in the wall at the next landing, as well as scratching the hard wood floor and proceeded to have a very difficult time moving it to the bottom level. On the last set of steps, the wardrobe broke in half scratching the furniture permanently. The movers were beside themselves and apologized numerous times. They placed the two pieces in the garage and took pictures after contacting their supervisor. I took pictures as well. I then told the movers they did not have enough help to make this move and there needed to be a fourth person. I called the supervisor to apprise him of the situation and requested a 4th person to assist. I asked the movers to continue but only move lighter furniture and they assured me this would not happen again.

An hour passed and no call from the supervisor. I called him back and he said the lead mover was supposed to tell me they could not find anyone to help. Unfortunately, we had to move out that weekend or face additional rent the following week. We realized at this point, these movers did not know what they were doing and the remaining heavy furniture would have to be moved by another moving company. We had paid upfront for eight hours of moving time and after three hours approximately four pieces of furniture had been moved. Four hours into the move, we received a call from the supervisor (John) indicating his lead mover had called him and said this move would need to add an additional four hours to the eight to complete. At this point, we were very unhappy with the movers and we told the supervisor to contact us at the eight hour finished time to see how close they were to finishing.

The move continued to go downhill from there as I told the lead mover to ensure at the eight hour mark the furniture they had dismantled was moved and reassembled before they moved any more furniture. They continued to move furniture and six hours into the move I repeated these instructions which the lead mover said he understood. The movers began moving a large dresser and once again hit and scraped walls moving the piece out of the lease unit. Moving the piece into the new unit was another disaster. Halfway up the steps, the movers got stuck and were totally helpless and exhausted. I watched them debate for several minutes how they were going to get out of this predicament. It quickly became a safety issue and we were at a point where I felt a call to the fire department was the next step.

Fortunately, a new furniture delivery showed up at this point. The two men on this truck knew what they were doing and stepped in to rescue the movers who, without the help of these two gentlemen, would have been in serious trouble. Unfortunately, the movers had already scraped and dented the wall and stair railing in the new townhouse significantly. They again apologized but at this point I'd had enough. With thirty minutes left in the prepaid move, they had not started putting the furniture back together as we had agreed to do. At exactly eight hours, the supervisor called and said he was going to start charging more money as the mover said they were not done. I told the supervisor these movers had caused over $1000 in wall, floor and furniture damage and his company had the guts to not provide 15 more minutes of time to put the furniture back together. He said, "No, that is what insurance is for" and "submit a claim".

In addition to the inexperience and lack of moving skills, the movers were highly unprofessional. The way they were dressed and their actions were unacceptable. I politely told the supervisor to have the movers leave and they did so without saying another word. I had to call another mover to finish the job and they came a couple of days later and did a great job with four men in just over two hours and were very efficient and knew what they were doing. We will never use All My Sons again.

Worst ever movers. I plan some Chicago justice in the near future, but these folks don't give a flip about doing a good job for the client. All they care about is taking your money and run. Please run away before ever giving them the opportunity to move you or a family member. Won't go into details of the horror cause honestly, most people wouldn't even believe it or think you are exaggerating.

This is by far the most horrible moving company I have ever dealt with. They are unprofessional, rude, and careless. They moved my in-laws a distance of 10 miles and managed to break several pieces of furniture. Most of which is completely beyond repair and many of those pieces were treasured antiques. All My Sons also managed to damage parts of my in-laws' old house (which they had already closed on), and they damaged several other household items. The crew arrived to the house without the required number of trucks and movers and without an adequate amount of materials to get the job done correctly. Because of that, their work was halfway done and careless at best. Furniture was not shrink wrapped. Expensive china plates were stacked on top of one another without anything in between. Lamps and shades were tossed in boxes without any padding.

To make matters worse, their attitudes were awful. They could have cared less about being there and doing a good job. At one point, a member of the crew started making hateful and rude comments to my in-laws' complaining about having to redo something that was done wrong to begin with. Absolutely unacceptable. Because the crew was so slow and did such a poor job, they were running very much behind schedule. Instead of finishing the job properly by unloading boxes and furniture to the proper rooms at the new house, they literally dumped everything in the front yard of my in-law's new house! Then, they left! We had to get the rest of it inside, furniture and everything, by ourselves.

There is so much wrong with this company. If I could give it a negative number of stars, I would. If you need movers, please run far away from this company. They will bring you nothing but heartache and frustration. The worst part is that they don't even care. They show it by how they act, how they do business, and how they treat their customers. They are apathetic and dismissive, and I am appalled that a company that is as large as All My Sons can be so terrible. Please use this review as a warning. If you are moving in the near future, don't chose this company.

Please be warned never use this company. On Monday Sept 19th I reserved a move with All My Sons for Sat Sept. 24. I ask about the time and they said they would get back with me. Friday Sept 23rd I had not heard anything about the time, therefore I called and was told they would be making the schedule later that day and would contact me. No one contacted me and hours had passed so I called them and was told by Jason that it would be between 1-3 pm Sat. About 2:55 pm Sat I called to get an ETA. They didn't have one but would contact me when they do. I called back again and Josh said he would check and I was told that there was an issue with the current move that was being done and that they would get to me between 7:00-8 pm. I advised him that I could not get into the storage after 9 pm. His suggestion was that they would keep my items locked in the truck at their facility and deliver to my unit Sunday morning.

About 7 pm the same Sat I get a call from the driver saying he could not make it. By this time I am in tears because I need to be off the property. After begging and pleading what do I do, the driver said he would come Sunday between 9-10 am and move me. At this point I am at All My Sons' mercy. They have my deposit and the office is closed for the day, I could not contact the Managers. Sunday I wait and still no mover. I called the company and spoke with Jason one of the managers that seems to know nothing about my ordeal and would get back with me. I called the driver's number and got no answer. I waited an hour and called the company back and was told by Jason he had things to deal first and will let me know. Again I'm in tears. My daughter called because she was tired of me crying. He said "I'll call you back I got your number." Around 3 pm Sunday I get a call from a driver saying he is on his way.

Please be reminded that all calls made were by me to the company Managers Jason & Josh. They didn't call me. I had to initiate all calls. Not once was there a follow-up as to my moving status. Once the movers arrived at approx 4 pm Sunday I contacted Jason the manager regarding the cost. My question to him was if there would be any compensation (after all I was scheduled for 3 pm Sat movers arrive 4 pm Sunday). His response was that I would not get a free move but $20 off the original rate (I never asked for a free move)...which to me was not good enough. I explained that I was to have 3 movers and you only sent 2, even with the reduction it still works out to the original amount more time used. I also explained that I didn't have a ride to the storage space because all my resources were for Sat. He tells me unless I can get a ride he can't move me and he will tell his guys not to load the truck.

He advises that he is doing me favor by finding to men to move me. But my move was scheduled for Sat which I was prepared for. He continues to tell me I'm dealing with the past..."you're right it's affecting my present". I called about the final charge to my credit card and found it different. Apparently there's 3% processing fee for credit card transaction. Ask for the document showing this he said he would remove it. I do not recommend this company to my worst enemy. This has been the worst experience of my life.

I contacted All My Sons movers for my 81 year old mother's move. I have used moving companies in the past in another state and never had a problem. I was quoted a price for her, was told how experienced the workers were, that they were all bonded and never hired inexperienced people. They showed up on time and the first thing they told my mother was "we accept tips". They started loading the truck and about 1 1/2 hour into the move I had to take my mother to the title company that was about a mile away to close on her home. I left my adult son and niece with the 2 movers. When the closing was completed we drove back to the house to find the truck gone and most of the garage still full. When we got to my mother's new house we found her almost new refrigerator in pieces and one of the workers having my son trying to help him put it back together.

I immediately called the company and ask for the manager. I was told that I was speaking to the manager. I told him what was going on and he stated what did I expect him to do. I stated I expected him to get some people at my mom's house that could do the job correctly. He then informed me that I had his 2 best employees. By this time my nerves were about shot. He stated he would call the workers on the phone and get their side of the story. He called me back about an hour later and ask how thing were going and I informed him we had to rent a U-Haul truck to go get what his workers had left. He then said "Well they said they only left trash." A total lie.

I suffer from ALS and can barely walk and must use a walker but my niece and I loaded a truck full of things that were not trash. When we got back to my mom's new house they were gone and my mother and son were having to put the beds together, not to mention the refrigerator still apart. This company should be shut down. I WILL TELL EVERYONE WHO CAN HEAR ME TO NEVER EVER USE THESE MOVERS.

In June of last year, I helped my mother and brother move to a new location within El Paso. We hired All My Sons Moving company. Although the movers themselves were friendly and hardworking, the company drastically underestimated how long the job would take (seeming almost to ignore a storage shed we had in the backyard) and because of this, the move ran overtime and we were charged accordingly. We finally paid in the early afternoon, they went on their way, and we spent until well after midnight finishing the move ourselves.

Once we were finally settled in, I was disheartened to find that they had badly scuffed my brother's computer desk and completely snapped an old, hand-carved walking stick of mine that I had brought back from overseas and owned for over 20 years. I was prepared to write these off, however, as every move has some inevitable damages. We were much more concerned to find that they had damaged a Chinese antique that had been in my mother's possession for decades and followed her over several continents. Though not completely ruined, there was a sizable chunk taken out of the front of the piece, the remains of which we later found on the floor.

We got in touch with All My Sons to report the damage and to look into being reimbursed. During a phone conversation, we were told that the first step would be to get the piece appraised for its actual value and then its current value with damages. We could then find a second individual to handle the repairs. We followed AMS's instructions, and when the matter was settled, the final cost, between appraisal, work, repairs and devaluation, was a little over $1300 dollars (about half of that being the devaluation).

We sent this itemized information to AMS, waited around, and eventually received a settlement offer of about $100. The representative pointed out that in the movers contract, damages could only be covered at a ratio of less than a dollar per every one hundred pounds of material moved. It's not at all clear how they knew what the poundage was if they didn't weigh anything to start with, and more to the point, why tell us to go through the process described above (involving several months work and a lot of lost money) if that had nothing to do with the damage payment?

They did not have a response to either of these matters. We were assured that the movers would be informed of the damages and held to a higher standard. We then responded that the movers did a reasonable job and that the damages could be chalked up to human error, but in refusing to cover them, or make any real attempt at customer satisfaction, the company itself seemed to be at fault, far more than a couple of young men stuck in the back of a moving van. We refused the payment on principle, and have nothing to show for our time and trouble. As a result, I would like to share this recommendation:

DO NOT HIRE ALL MY SONS MOVING COMPANY. If you have glossed over everything written above, just listen to that bit. Avoid these people. This is a bad company; not just bad at their jobs but completely unconcerned with the well being of their customers. Avoid them unless you wish to be in business with a company that has nothing better to do than break your stuff, give you the run-around, take advantage of old ladies, and then try to fob the blame off on their lowest employees, rather than addressing the problem at the highest office as they should.

Moving is never a pleasant experience, but I have never encountered a company so untrustworthy, unhelpful, and so casually destructive as AMS. All My Sons swindled us, and they did so with complete indifference. Nothing much can be done to retroactively change that. I'm sure some clever people will respond that they are completely within their legal rights, which is both true and completely unhelpful. However, if YOU don't want to be the one receiving such cold comfort for your damaged materials and mementos, why not stay away in the first place? If I can keep even one person or family from meeting the same abysmal treatment that we did, that might go some small way towards making up for this fiasco. You have a choice of movers. Please, choose anybody else.

I found this company to be the worst moving company I have ever experienced. I have moved for work purposes over 7 times in the last 15 years, including state to state and overseas. This was probably the simplest move of them all, but it was a disaster from start to finish. I can't list all the things that they broke or damaged. Initially they admitted to it (since I witnessed it happening), called it in and agreed to reimburse me for it.

After I paid, I received a call from them explaining that they didn't do it and refused to take accountability. The workers then lied to their manager, right in front of me, saying they had no idea what happened. The manager told me it was my word against theirs. They all denied it happened and left. I got the sense that a few of the workers had never moved anything before. Glass broken, furniture broken and no responsibility taken. Disgraceful and shockingly rude customer service. My only recourse is to warn other people of this business.

They lied about everything: their company, their services, their moving situation specific agreement with me, the time of money due, and the amount for the job. I believe I was scammed and have subsequently learned (from inside sources) that my experience is common, if not the norm. I contacted them through a free moving quote online. When they replied online, it was a generic email stating they were local, independently owned, take pride in service, are careful, etc. All movers were owners in the company and had a stake in excellent service since it was their company. I later confirmed this was false information.

I wanted a specifically “high end quote” to prepare financially. After explaining my situation, logistics, and what I needed in a moving service on a couple extensive phone calls, Greg ** quoted me a "very high quote" and told it was most likely going to be lower. However, I wanted the highest quote to make sure I had money available. I spoke extensively on the phone and via email that they could perform the move without damaging my property and in the time frame I needed. Greg ** was my only contact person and aside from the two movers who came and actually moved me. He agreed the high end figure was $500. He wanted a $99 deposit, which I paid, to be credited to my bill. He also agreed to move the 2 bedroom apartment (first floor) 7.3 miles (11 minutes) to another 2 bedroom apartment (first floor).

They arrived earlier than Greg agreed, even though I told him several times I would not be home until 9.30 am. Therefore, they started the clock before I arrived. They didn't even have my apartment number at either address, although I gave it to Greg a few times. I verified it was not on the paperwork the employees were given. I had dismantled my washer and dryer; had everything packed, labeled, and moved into a central location next to the door; broke down my couch and recliner; and broke down all beds and had rods and rails secure. The only thing they had to do was physically pick things up, wrap furniture, and move my possessions.

I had to initial a paper "stating they were there and started at the time they stated they started" (15 minutes earlier than I told them I would be at home) and sign "giving them permission to move" or they couldn't move me. It was one sheet of paper- not a contract. I was not given a chance to read. It took 3 hours to move prepared items onto a truck, twice the amount of time previous moving companies had taken with the same possessions. I provided them with water and fruit for a snack on their drive, but they wanted to “stop for a Gatorade” on the way to the other apartment. I agreed it was reasonable that they could buy a drink on the way. It took them an hour to get from door to door. They didn't tell me they didn't have my apartment number to the new place and Greg didn't provide them with my complete destination address on their paperwork or via phone.

When they arrived, they demanded payment to get my things off of the truck. I was shocked and said I would pay at the end after "their clock stopped" per my agreement. I was told they were given orders not to unload until they received 703.63, paid in full. They said if they charged more than the time it took them to unload, they would issue me a refund. The movers added they felt bad, but they were doing their job and that most customers are shocked that they have to pay more. Their items are held until payment. I called Greg. He argued and said I had to pay if I wanted my possessions, he denied any agreement with me, and ultimately yelled at me. I paid so I wouldn't lose everything we owned.

The bill was 203.63 from the quote I was given for the move “if they had to” break down the beds, assemble them, not be careless and damage furniture and boxes including nearly ALL of my furniture, and follow our agreement (the reason I hired them), charging me at the end of the move, and placing the furniture in the proper place. They ran my card through a tablet and asked for a signature. The only screen I was shown was a line to sign. When I paid, I received computer generated receipt- printed the date of my move (prior to moving and my initials/signature) that I had NEVER be provided with or seen with the original form.

I showed them an oil spot to avoid in the parking lot so they wouldn't track it into the apartment (they ignored me and got oil all over the carpet). I showed them where the furniture and labeled boxes would go and instructed them not to assemble the beds or washer/dryer (I would do all of that). Greg previously agreed they would place the furniture in the designated places (that did not happen).

I was told unloading was faster than loading, but they took so long, Greg called and instructed them to dump the remainder of my possessions (about half) into the parking lot (not the apartment). FORTUNATELY, because I had no money to hire another moving company and couldn’t move furniture on my own (why I hired movers), the movers “worked off of the clock” because they “felt so bad for me.” After having some time to think about the matter, if I could do it over, I would have called the police to charge them with theft of my property when they seized my property and held it hostage.

I hired All My Sons movers to move me from Montgomery, Texas into Houston, Tx. Initially I was going with another moving company who gave me a better hourly rate quote $129 per hour. Anyway, then they call me just before 7am stating they'd be to my home in 30-45min. That turned out to mean 2 hrs because they arrived just before 9 because they could not locate the residence. Although I continued explaining to the leader who was driving but he did not listen well. So they get there, he asks me to show him around the house to see all I need moved. After doing so he says he's gonna give me down time once we get loaded because he needs to run by the bank. I told him that's fine because on the way out I need him to drop a gas grill at my mother's on the way. We both agreed. They wrapped everything and loaded them up neatly. After loading the driver reminded me that he'd have to go to the bank and left.

Once I made it to my mom's house they arrived 40 minutes afterwards and we left for my Houston destination. Once they began offloading I was packing my clothes to my apt (which was 300-500 feet away from where we were) and he said "I could use the 4 wheel dolly and big box to make it easier for me." I said thanks and he said "Man, luckily I stopped by my shop to grab more dollies or we'd be in trouble". Keep in mind that he told me he was going to the bank. After finishing the move he asked if I had anything more for them to do so I told him to take my tv off the stand so I can get my drill to put take the brackets off of it and put them onto another tv that I wanted on that stand. It was after their cutoff time and I didn't want to pay any more money after paying $915 already. I told him "No I'll take care of it." He said "I have my drill here. I'll do it. No problem" further insisting on doing this although it was after their cutoff.

At the time I thought it was nice of him. Later after unpacking everything I noticed the red and black bag (very nice bag made by klein tools) I watched 1 of the helpers carry onto the truck was missing. That bag had all my drill/screw bits, charger for my drill, remote controls for 2 tv's and the assembly screws for my bed, mirror dresser and tv wall mounts in it. Now it's clear why the driver continued to insist on using his drill (after their cutoff) instead of me possibly noticing my items were missing. I called and spoke with Sam (at the Spring location) and informed him that my bag that I saw go on the truck did not come off. He said he'd check into it and get back with me. He did, but when he did he said there was nothing on the truck and his driver and helpers said they didn't see the bag but I saw the 1 helper carry it out and onto the truck on top of a larger box.

Sam asked me to search more and get back with him. I did and told him I saw it go on the truck and described which helper put it on but he only said he'd get back with me if anything turns up. I now know the driver stopped either during the 40 minutes he supposedly went to the bank but ended up saying he went to his shop later. Or they stopped before getting back to the yard at the end of the day. Word of advice that I should have known better than to do is NEVER let a mover go anywhere with your items without being supervised by yourself. Also, make certain you inspect their trucks yourself prior to allowing them to leave.

Where to begin? We were moving from Summerville SC to Murphy NC, which is way up in the mountains of Western NC. The man came out to give me the estimate, after a brief chat, he asked me what I was looking to spend. The oldest trick in the book that one is. If I had said $3000, you can bet your ass it would have been damn near that. Lol. Anyway. For a 3 bedroom house going point to point and them only loading and unloading, they quoted me $2800. That was a fair enough price based of previous moves we had done with what we were taking. I gave them a deposit and secured our date.

Moving day comes and a crew of 4 show up. They were very polite and in uniform and seemed knowledgeable about their job. They came with their biggest truck and I had told them that it would be a tight fit before they arrived. But the estimator ASSURED me they would get it all on. WRONG!! Thanks God I decided to get a 12ft U-Haul trailer to pull behind my PU or we would have never got it all in! They also managed to break 3 pieces of glass shelving before they even left. No biggie an easy fix.

Two days later on the agreed date, they show up to unload. Now keep in mind here, we were moving into a mountain community with a gravel road. I explained this to the estimator (who knew jack ** about moving) and implored him to watch the video I had made to show him it was over a mile up a steep winding road. Again. He assures me that his men are skilled in ALL conditions. OK... If you say so! Also let me back up.

The 1st major SNAFU occurred 20 miles outside of Summerville. The truck was 200lbs overweight and they had to RENT a Ryder truck to take the overflow off the 1st truck, so it would be legal at the scales. I go meet them and they follow me up the road. The moving truck got stuck twice but he managed to get it to my driveway. My driveway is 150 yards of concrete that is on a 6% grade! The driver said he can't make it up but he'll try. He tried backing up and gets halfway up. Great I think. Nope. he goes back down and then can't get back up! Solution?? Park the truck on the gravel road and use MY ** pickup to shuttle EVERY single solitary thing up to my house. Needless to say I wasn't happy at all. We began at 9:30 in the morning, and they finished at 11:00 pm that night! The movers were pissed (rightfully so) as they explained that the estimator was an idiot who does this type of thing on EVERY move he estimates!!

Now the fun stuff. Around 6:00pm, Tony (the lead guy and driver) says he would like to settle up before he can't reach anyone for CC confirmation. OK I think, we're 3/4's of the way done, why not? He comes to me with the bill and I look and my jaw hits the floor. It's for almost $6000!!! I was like WTF is this? Tony begins to explain that the charges are for the 2nd truck, and hours for rescuing my load at the scale and storing our stuff for two days (which sat in the Ryder truck who knows where?) fuel and some other overage BS nonsense. I ask him if he's for real and to get someone on the phone right away. He gets the "owner" or someone with authority and we begin to haggle. He's whining about how he's not going to make any $ on the move and all he wants to do is break even etc. I'm like **!

What I have neglected to tell you all is that 30 years ago I was a long distance owner operator for United Van Lines for 10 years! Lol. I counter him with I explained in DETAIL about the location of the move, the time I KNEW it would take to load and unload and how I thought it was a cheap quote, but he INSISTED that he was correct. OK I thought. This is your dime. Lol. After going back and forth, I ended up giving him $500 more and not a penny more. He wasn't happy but ** him!

The damage was kept to a minimum. A few glass shelves broken and couple of picture glass and they managed to lose the bolts for the dining room table. So all in all. I could live with it. Would I recommend this company? NO!! I wouldn't let them move me across the street. I was suspect of their gross incompetence before they even begun. But went ahead with them anyway.

The crew was awesome, they busted their asses and were great guys. The truck was new and clean but the estimator and the rest of it was a joke! It's true what they say Boys and Girls. You get what you pay for. If you want to move? Use a reputable carrier such as United, Allied or another, or there's always the option of using PODS or getting your own truck and moving yourself. I knew this move would be difficult based on my own personal experiences and from my former career. Hope this helps some of you out?

I hired All My Sons vs. a local company because I felt I would get a better moving experience than I had in the past. Three men showed up and took THREE hours to empty an one bedroom apartment. They brought boxes - that they charge for and proceeded to pack in boxes the very things I had already packed. I had forgotten I had a few dirty dishes in the sink. Then they proceeded to use the clean clothes I had packed to "protect" these dishes. They had failed to bring packing materials for my dishes, and used my clothing instead. I have a fragile china lamp that was not wrapped and a gold peacock that I explained came from the Forbidden City, obviously I was speaking over their head, but I did explain that I could not replace these items.

After three hours and sixteen miles, I was charged 805.00. Originally, it was reduced from 860.00 after I told them I was quoted the non weekend price. They rudely agreed. They set up my things. I tipped and they left. As I was going through my things, I realized that my great aunt's pearls were not there. I immediately called them and they once again rudely denied any such thing would happen. I filed a police report and my insurance company immediately. Moving is a miserable experience anyway, but this was the worst. They will of course deny the theft of my pearls, which were secured. I am left with an empty hollow space that comes with the theft. DO NOT USE THIS MOVING COMPANY AT ALL!!

Let's put in in a nutshell, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY FOR ANY REASON. They mislead, lie about the company, and disregard and comments. The system they use for customers to sign the contract is you place your signature and initials for the clocking in of hours (but not to clock out) and this loaded signature can be used by simply tapping the screen in the proper location. My signature could be placed on any document even though I did not sign it. This leads to fraud. Matt, the manager of the Woodlands location disregarded my complaints, did not repair the damage to my door.

This company quotes you for 109 then charges Quad triple when job is completed. Stay away and start a lawsuit against this company ASAP to stop this fraudulent activity.

This company is a straight rip off. I have reported them to BBB, and trying to get my local news station to blast them on national tv. I moved from a 2 bedroom to a small one bedroom using a different company and the total charge was $200. Moving from the small 559 sq ft apt. I used All My Sons. They got there moved like malasis loading (which is all they had to do because I didn't have much and had EVERYTHING boxed and broke down) then after they finished they drove 20 mph in a 40mph. I moved not even 5 mins away and it took us almost 35 mins. I had to keep stopping to wait for them to catch up.

NOW during reserving their services I was quoted $109ph. When we arrived to the new location a guy came in the apt and stated we can't remove the items off the truck until you pay us. WAIT why am I paying before services aren't completed?? Then he stated the total was $700. Long story short they don't inform you that they aren't charging you by the hour. They are estimating your total and going by that. I talk to the RUDE manager here in the Orlando area and was able to get a small reduction but it was still more than this move should have cost. If anyone know the ends and out of starting a civil law suit please let's get it going and shut these rude unprofessional ripoffs down all over the world. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. TAKE YOUR BUSINESS TO SOME LOYAL COMPANY.

TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE!!! When I booked it, I was told $300 TOTAL (including travel time., etc) and they would be at my residence no later than noon. 6 hours after, they finally showed up it took 30 mins to load my stuff (not bad at all). When they got to my new residence they were on the phone with their manager and I had to pay an EXTRA $136, making the grand total for a 1 bedroom house $436. The manager JASON provided the worst customer service I have ever received on top of his rude and arrogant comments. I asked him several times to honor his original rate in which I was told "I feel like I'm talking to a child, are you stupid?" DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, they make promises to get your business, require a deposit to suck you in and refuse to refund you when you try and find another mover!

We had All My Sons move us from Ft Lauderdale to Charleston SC last month. As with most of the reviews I have read the complaints are similar. Inadequately trained employees, management that refuses to accept any responsibility for the actions of their employees. Missing boxes, property, they broke a 60" Samsung Flat screen TV that was 2 years old because they did not pack it properly. Damaged three antique Tiffany lamp shades, again because they didn't pack them properly. They are guilty of fraud because I specifically asked him (Bret) how the TV and lamps were to be packed, and they were not. Then when I filed a complaint they offer me an insulting amount for the damage, falling back on the $0.60 per pound insurance limit.

We will see if this holds up because I fully intend to bring them into a courtroom and demand a jury trial. I also wrote the President of the company a letter of complaint, sent it registered mail, return receipt requested and he did not respond, so you have a pretty good idea where the character and ethics of this company comes from. They suck, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY TO MOVE ANYTHING... THEY ARE DESPICABLE...

All My Sons Moving Company Profile