1.05/5

Discover the right moving company for you

727 All My Sons Moving Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

In June I contacted AMS about moving my house out of Colorado to Arkansas. I was given a price with a $1000.00 down the same day. I was told my goods would be loaded into 1 truck and the same truck would take them to my new home. 2 days before my move date, AMS called me and told me that I would have to pay another $500.00 because of a scheduling problem. Through no fault of my own, I had to pay, 2 days before. I was then told my goods were being transferred to another truck for shipment. In order to have them shipped on the same truck, I would have to pay another $10,000.00. AMS said there was a misunderstanding, you think! 9 people showed up and loaded the truck and did a super job.

A truck 3/4 the size of the original truck showed up in Arkansas and was packed full. It looked like things were just thrown in there. Things missing, broken flat screen television and many more things destroyed. The lawnmower was up top of the pile and leaked oil and gas on 4 mattress and a bunch of other things, the lawnmower was in pieces. After complaining, I had to fill out forms, sign and notarize, saying that I was not lying. Something I should have done to AMS when signing the contract. The movers who unloaded the truck had nothing good to say about AMS. Be forewarned.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

If I could stop everyone from using this company I would. I hired this seemingly reliable company for a recent local move. Everything seemed to be going well until I noticed all of the damages that occurred while the movers were placing my furniture into the final location. My brand new bedroom set purchased in January of this year from Macy's looked as though they dropped the headboard and footboard causing major noticeable damage while my chest, dresser and one nightstand were left with scratches, gouges and dings. My bed frame even has a piece of wood totally broken off of the corner with nails exposed. I alerted the movers of these damages and the driver took photos of the damages and said I will have to file a claim to get them fixed. I sent in the claim form outlining the $2,500 worth of furniture that looks like it was carelessly thrown around and was sent back a letter offering me $84 for everything.

I called customer service and was told that the damages looked pre-existing. I cannot even begin to describe how upset and downright infuriated I am with this company. To have their employees so carelessly handle my belongings and then blame ME for the damage to my own furniture is ABSURD. I demanded my claims be moved up the line to be reviewed by their "board" and I expect a more appropriate resolution for the trouble they've caused me.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

The moving company “ALL MY Sons” is not reliable, honest, or trustworthy. I made an appointment with them to arrive at my apartment at 9 am on Saturday, September 29, 2018. I spoke with them on Tuesday, September 25 about how many wardrobe boxes I needed to purchase, they told me. During this call, they confirmed my phone number and appointment. Moving date arrived and they did not arrive to move me. They insisted that they called me the day before to confirm, and when they got no reply they canceled my appointment unbeknownst to me. There is no record of a missed call on my mobile phone. Again, “All My Sons” are not honorable or reliable. Stay away from them!!!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I’ve been waiting at my house for 2 1/2 hours now for these damn movers to show up. Call customer service and they will not call the movers to see where they are, give you no idea of how much longer it’s going to be, just say sorry. If my belongings are not moved today this company will be paying for my hotel room and for my dogs to stay with us and I’m going to raise hell. We took time off work, family drove from out of town to help, and we’re just sitting here like idiots. Worst experience of my life. Might has well done it ourself.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I was quoted $1700-$1800, and assured it would not be more than $2000, to move a 1500 square foot household 60 miles. After a $250 deposit, my final bill was over $2600. This included overtime to try to load a too-full truck, and fix items that they broke. No one came to preview the move, although I was told they would. Not all of my furniture would fit on the truck, and when I called to get an additional truck sent, I was told "sorry", with no other idea of how to fix the problem. (I had to have friends and relatives help me move the rest.)

When unloading, I found that the bulkhead had someone else's furniture in it --- mine would have all fit! I have several broken items and damaged items beyond repair. This includes an alder wood headboard, from a company no longer in business (so cannot be replaced); a washing machine that is brand new, now has scratches on the side and top is dented; and an antique upholstered chair has damage to the wood. There was also a filing cabinet and bookcase that were destroyed. Two out of three bedrooms of furniture were left unassembled, because the hardware was lost in the move. My recommendation is: DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about All My Sons Moving?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

They were not careful with anything. Young men didn't know what they were doing. Wanted to play on my time. Damaged goods. Now can't get it fixed for the amount of money that you guys are willing to pay. I definitely would never use them again or refer them!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

5 hours to move a 1 bedroom apartment less than 4 miles. In the following days, found smashed boxes full of broken glass items, a bookshelf had the back popped off and was trashed, and my tv/entertainment stand was lifted by the top (which I told them ahead of time NOT to do) and ruined. Stay far, far away! Filing a claim requires a crazy amount of paperwork, including their own agreement (which you sign on an iPad), etc. Most people wouldn't bother.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I had them move an Executive Desk from one location to another. $287.00 and the floor is nicked in two spots and the door jamb in one. They charged me for 2 mirror boxes, 6 rolls of tape, and a King Size Bed cover... absolutely worthless. Then they asked me twice for cold drinks from an office fridge. I've never had a good experience with movers and this company did not improve on that opinion. Worse, they send me 13 pages of nothing and never a receipt. I can't stop rolling my eyes... they are horrible.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

As I read another complaint before writing, I notice that the review from Snellville, Georgia had the same sad, scam artist experience. I am working on contacting the corporate office to get over $1,000 refund. I was told they would move me in four hours to my apartment. Told them I had a 4500 sq ft plus house; told them I was moving to a 1300 apartment; they wrapped and move two rooms, sofa set, kitchen table and chairs, boxes and we made a 20 min stop to drop off 4 items at my storage. Again they said all of this would take no more than four hours.

They brought 4 guys to my home and these guys struggled with, damaged my furniture, damaged my walls, damaged my steps going upstairs. They left my house about 6 hours later then took four hours to set up a 2 bedroom apartment. According to their feedback, they calculated a 4 hour job which calculates out to no more $800 - $1,000. When they arrived at my apartment they then gave me the bill. They would not unload my furniture without full payment. This company said my bill was over $2200. I almost fainted! I will work at contacting them to get back at least $1100 of my money. If I don't get my money, we will go to the next step to handle this issue.

If the company would have told me that it would cost me that much money, I would have moved my own furniture. They were not upfront. When I called to complain about, the manager became rude because I was not happy. Are you serious. You charge me over $1,000 plus dollars over. This is not right and it needs to stop... Again, I will give them a couple of weeks to correct this, if not I will act.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

They showed up late and did not take care of how they packed my boxes and furniture. Turned them every which way, and stacked heavy boxes on my expensive china, that was clearly marked. Said they were done with chairs still waiting to be loaded and pictures on the wall. We had to ask them to take the items. One of my irreplaceable pictures is missing and no one can find it. I was given some kind of excuse that they put the pictures between cardboard and it was probably missed. They did not wrap any of the pictures. When unloading the items in the new place, they scratched and marked up the walls and woodwork. Took over an hour to move less than 15 miles and was charged for travel time. Also was charged for packing materials and these charges were not part of the quote. I will never use this company again.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I booked a move for a family member almost 2 weeks in advance. All went smoothly until the day of the move. We were given a time window of 11am-1pm. 1pm I called to find out where they were and why I hadn't received a phone call. The manager Jim apologized and said the movers got to their first client and found out they had to pack a whole house full of stuff which originally wasn't part of their move. He said they would be there as soon as possible.

4 phone calls later and at 6:30 pm the movers finally show up. The movers themselves told us that our move somehow didn't get put on their schedule and they double booked, which pushed our move to the end of the list. We were beyond angry and annoyed but were happy to finally have them there to complete the move. They didn't finish up until about 9:30 but we were just relieved to have everything finished. Then later in the evening we realized that they didn't assemble some of the dresser mirrors and they misplaced the hardware so we had to go to Lowe's to buy the parts to fix the issue ourselves. Would never use their services again.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

It took them over 3 hours to move only the large items from a very clean one bedroom apartment. They were so slow, that we helped them move boxes at a much faster pace than they were willing to do. The overall cost to move an hour away was over $1000, and they broke our glass table! We’re still dealing with their “customer service” about our table a month later. Beware.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Absolutely terrible company, lied about everything. We paid a deposit and booked 6 weeks in advance. They said they would call between 11 and 2pm to move us, at 1:45 they called us and cancelled our move, the so called manager that called said if he had a 7500sf house to move that took over my move as mine was smaller, they are greedy and UN-sympathetic. Will never use these again.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I wish I could give them a zero!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! THEY ARE SCAM ARTISTS!!! They quote you one price over the phone and when they get to the point of unloading, they charge you way more and they tell you that you will be refunded some of your money if they finish before time. THIS IS A LIE!!! Beware, the movers lie just like management! You won't get one cent back. When we called the next day for the refund difference, The manager told us that in the state of GA when their workers work more than 7 hours, it is considered overtime and therefore the hourly rate increased by 50%!!! WHAT!!! SCAMMERS!!!

I asked why didn't they tell us this in the beginning. He said that they can't predict that it will happen. I said it's a possibility that it could and he said, "No it just happened to happen". WHAT???!!! I will never recommend or use them again. All My Sons, I curse your company and you will be out of business soon... Cheaters never win!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

It starts off with being quoted $675 for 4 guys 2 hours. They sent 5 guys and 6 hours later they made us pay $1275 before they would empty the truck. Keep in mind the storage unit was a mile away and where they refused to empty the truck. They scratched walls and furniture. Now that we first opened the unit to get a couple of things we are find damaged furniture with missing pieces. Never, ever, ever call them.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

The rate they charged was outrageous considering I moved most of the items. My son bed wasn't taken apart so when got to the new location, It would not fit so they damaged the walls trying to make it fit. They didn't have an Allen key to take it apart, so I got my own tools to do it. They left my bed screws at the previous location so now I am sleeping on the floor. I requested money back, and they directed me to a claim which requires notarization. The issues I have had should have been able to be dealt with by simply giving some of the money back. They charged over $500 just to move a couch, 2 bedsets, 2 computer desks, 1 dryer, 1 dining room table, 1 bicycle, a TV and stand. I moved everything else, there is no way this should have cost that much money. The claimed 136 an hour and 3 men would get it done fast. I would not recommend this company to anyone!!! Stay far away.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Our bill was well over the estimate quoted to us. We were originally told that the estimate is on the high-side and that our final bill will be less than the estimate. We were so surprised to pay so much money when they didn’t even complete the move!!! They left a lot of our belongings in the old house and we had to move them ourselves. They promised us that they will be able to move everything and that we should trust them because they’ve been in the business for so many years.

Also, during the consultation, my husband asked if our dog would be an issue during the day of the move and was told that it’s not a problem at all. Once the movers came to the house, the driver said that he would not step foot to our house until our dog was moved to the backyard. It was over 100 degrees that day. That was very stressful for us. The movers damaged a few of our things and our house. We do not recommend this company at all. This was the worst experience we’ve had with a moving company.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Did not send the number of guys that was originally agreed upon. Took them a whole lot longer to handle the move than it should have. Bill was for double the estimate that was quoted. Stay away. Will never use this company again.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

NEVER AGAIN!!! We moved from 1 bedroom in my in-laws house, plus one 10×10 storage unit to a new apartment about 25 minutes away. We were quoted $600-800, at $144 an hour. I was ok with that price. I was told that we were scheduled between 8-9 am and I would get a call 30 minutes prior from the driver. Morning of the move, I never got a call, I called the office at 9 am and was told "oh I'm glad you called, the truck broke down but don't worry. We will get you moved today." I asked for a time frame but was told to call back in 30 minutes and he MIGHT know something. Now, I understand that things happen, but as a customer I expect a phone call from the company I hired, instead of my having to call! Basic customer service!

Then the driver called me not even 15 minutes later stating they were on their way and apologized for the delay, they had to finish unloading the remaining items from a move the day before at UNF! Our movers were excellent. Kyle and the other 2 guys were great! Very professional. My complaint is 100% with the office staff. Once they got to our new apartment, Kyle needed the payment via credit card in order to unload. Which I thought was ridiculous since I am paying by the HOUR, and they hadn't even started to unload anything. The cost... $2053.56! That is a HUGE DIFFERENCE from $600-$800 I was quoted! I have NEVER been so livid, they basically hold your belongings hostage until you pay. I was charged $1,476.00 for labor.

I was charged $304.56 fuel surcharge and $216.00 for travel time. For approximately $57.00 miles! That is over $9 a mile! $57 for packing material - Shrink wrap - $30.00. I have NO IDEA what was shrink wrapped as I haven't found any unpacking. 6 rolls of tape at $4.50 per roll. I think they used 1 as 98% of our belongings were in closed plastic containers that did not need tape. I will be filing a formal complaint with the company as well as with the Better Business Bureau. Seriously, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! I have used professional movers previously, one of the moves out of state and it was less than I paid to move across town! This was by far the worst moving experience I've ever had. I will NEVER use All My Sons again and I will make sure that no one I know does either.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I hired All My Sons Moving company a couple of months ago. Unfortunately, I did not do research on moving companies, as my fiancée and I had to move fairly quickly. We moved from Baltimore City to Columbia, MD. The experience was crazy. The three movers demanded a tip of $40 for each mover, in the middle of the moving job. They had our furniture, therefore, we were kind of blackmailed by the movers. Also, they broke or damaged several of our furniture during the move. In addition, I was given a survey to fill out in the midst of the move, and one of the movers hovered over me, therefore, I could not be honest, as they still had our furniture under their control. It made me so angry that I was blackmailed into giving them a tip they did not deserve, and my fiancée and I had to do most of the moving ourselves. I would give them the lowest star rating as possible.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

This is the worst moving company stay far away from them. They gave a quote over phone. Told two bedroom house. Said it would be $149 per hour for truck and 3 men. Should be four hours even though when they arrived we had sold one bedroom and half living room it still ended up costing almost $1500. Now everything was supposed to be shrink wrapped and stored until new place was ready. When arrive at new place boxes were crushed. Bedroom Bureau was damaged. Sofa was torn. When we mentioned it they said just put in a claim. We did complete with pictures. It’s been 3 weeks still have not notified us. And the second part of bill was another $1600. So it cost three times what we thought. Our furniture is wrecked and they will not call us. Please stay away from this company. It’s the worst.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Worst moving company ever. Run far far away. They need to change their name to “All your money.” Seriously. First off they have you put $100 dollar deposit to hold your date. No moving company I’ve ever used before had me do that. They gave my husband and I a verbal quote over the phone. Quoted $129 per hour to move a 2 bedroom house. Said it would take about 2 hours. They did mention a fuel charge as well. They asked if we needed packing, we said NO. My husband and I literally moved everything ourselves to our new house, except the furniture and larger items. No appliances. We mentioned all of this twice to them, when we booked with them, and the day before the move when they called to confirm.

When the movers showed up the next day, they just started wrapping our furniture up. Again, They didn’t ask us if we wanted this stuff wrapped nor the cost for the wrapping. We thought they were just being careful. I mean we told them twice no we didn’t need packing. Anyways they just started packing and wrapping. About 30 min after they started they then pulled out the paperwork. Another RED FLAG. They were also slow. My husband and I was actually helping them move stuff. Anyways 3 hours later from start time, we arrive at our new house. 7 miles away. Literally after they pull up they said they wanted us to go ahead and pay. Ok so this has Been 3 hours. We are expecting $400-500. WRONG. They showed us a bill for $897 plus our $100 deposit so actually $997 for 3 hours and a 7 mile drive. My husband refused to pay that RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY.

The bill had $189 of packing material we told them no. A $100 fuel charge. My husband called their management Paul. Anyways he was no help. My husband said he would compromise at $600 which was being generous on our part for real. Paul said if he didn’t pay their policy was to not take our stuff off the truck till we paid. As this conversation was taking place I watched the movers load the ramp and shut the doors with OUR BELONGINGS STILL IN THE TRUCK. My husband asked to speak to their supervisor and Paul hung up on him.

My husband called back and we spoke to Ryan the general manager. He took off the packing fee and half the fuel charge which brought the grand total down to $759. Absolutely ridiculous. This company uses the scam Tactic BAIT AND SWITCH, HOSTAGE, and EXTORTIONS their customers. They tried to hold our stuff hostage till we paid. SCAMMERS. Don’t give this company a dime. We have already sent a complaint to the BBB, a letter to Channel 9 news, and we are exploring other ways he prevent this from happening to anyone else. BEWARE.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I wouldn’t let this company move my worst enemy! They were horrible. When they finally got to our new home (they got lost) the driver got out of the truck and threw a huge fit. He assumed my husband gave their headquarters the wrong address but in fact it was their own headquarters that did that. He started throwing things (his step-ladder and cooler) out of the truck when he realized a bunch of our things were broken.

When my husband started talking to him about it the one in charge (driver) got all pissed and called their headquarters. My husband was trying to calm the guy down. The guy told headquarters that my husband threatened him. I was standing right there and nothing was further from the truth. My husband was trying to calm the guy down. It was a nightmare. Items broken or scratched /dinged were numerous. Our 58” TV’s stand was broken along with the TV all beat up, the headboard, sides of bed were scratched all over ($4,000 bedroom set) my husband's grandmother's headboard and footboard are missing (assuming they broke that and didn’t want to tell us), end dug up, my grandmother's dresser dug up, tall lamp broke in half plus many more items dug up.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

The service offered by this company (especially Ryan **, out of the Clackamas, Oregon office) is absolutely horrible. It all began with me submitting a quote request from their website and indicating that I would need to be contacted via email or text, yet the calls started immediately. I indicated several times that I could only communicate via email or text, as I was at work, yet the calls continued. I was hounded to give them the info to create a quote and then waited two days and heard nothing after providing the information and ended up having to send a fairly blunt email to get their attention.

Ryan then groveled to get try to keep my business and made many excuses about why he didn't get back to me. I decided to give him a second chance and continued to communicate back and forth with him until today when I got the following email from him. This was a very flippant response (without any explanation of the 16 hour estimate) to a very valid question. He claims it was not meant to be that way, but it would never take 16 hours to move a 2 bedroom apartment to a 2 bedroom house, even with 2 storage units and travel time for 45 miles. Based on this very poor customer service, I would not use this company nor recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

*SPOILER ALERT: they flaked on me twice and didn’t give a crap about me as a customer. This was my first time using this company. NEVER AGAIN. I’ve moved many times in my life and never was the experience so horrible and below standards than when I mistakenly hired All My Sons. First and foremost, my move was scheduled for a Friday as “second move” of the day, with movers to arrive between 1-5 pm. Movers did not show up to my door until Sunday at 4:50 pm. I have never had movers flake on me until I booked All My Sons.

On Friday I was told the first move of the day was taking longer than expected since the inventory didn’t match up with what had been disclosed to the company. I spoke with a man named Caleb in the Richmond Operations Department and throughout multiple calls of the day delaying my move even further, he eventually let me know he had no time estimate for the movers to arrive Friday night and that the next available time to move me was Sunday if I didn’t want the movers to come so late and obviously exhausted from their first move. Caleb told me that he had to push back customers scheduled on Sunday to Monday in order to accommodate me, but you couldn’t push back your Saturday customers to fit me in first since I was scheduled first? Why did I need to wait longer when I was in line first? Where is the customer care in that if you make me wait longer than necessary?

I needed to be out of the place we were moving from Friday night. I could not wait until Sunday. But other moving companies were very fully booked and we had no choice but to delay the move until Sunday. Caleb told me that we would be the very first move on Sunday with movers coming between “9-10 am”. Come Sunday morning and I never received a call from the movers for the 30 minutes or so heads up to expect them. Around 10 am I called the customer service line only to discover I couldn’t talk to anyone until 11 am when the phone lines opened!

When I finally got on the line, I was transferred to Jermaine ** in the Operations Department since Caleb apparently wasn’t in the office today. And what does he tell me? That I’m not on the schedule for Sunday. He told me he was aware of my situation but he knew nothing about me being the first move of the day and he could not guarantee that movers would get to me at all on Sunday.

Jermaine was very unsympathetic, very apathetic, and totally unconcerned with my situation at hand. He made no attempts to rectify anything, made no apologies, and simply had an attitude of it-is-what-it-is-and-I-can’t-do-anything-about-it. All he tried to do was keep pushing my move back to Monday or Tuesday but I had repeatedly told them I could not be delayed any further and I needed movers now. I was appalled at his complete lack of caring and his lack of gestures to make anything right. All he could tell me was “call back later for a better update.”

So I called about 2-3 times. Once around 12:30 pm when NO ONE answered and a lady in the Dallas call center picked up and said she’d send an email immediately to her supervisor and Jermaine’s supervisor. No one got in touch with me from that. I called again around 3 pm and got another “call back later” answer from Jermaine. I might have called one last time around 4-4:30. Throughout Sunday I had no choice but to sit around, frantically try to find back up movers to no avail at such last minute timing, and felt total despair that All My Sons would once again fail me. Finally, at 4:50 pm on Sunday the movers did show up and completed the move, 2 days after the fact.

I have never in my life experienced such poor customer service. I understand summers are busy moving days, but if I’m scheduled for a certain day, I need to move that day. The total lack of compassion and gestures to rectify the situation were appalling. I had to put up with being pushed off and off with no guarantees I would even be moved. No one could even tell me sorry. No one offered me any sort of incentive to stay with this company - I stayed simply because I had no other choice. I can’t believe I had to pay full price for the amazingly dismal service and disrespect of my time and my need to move. The movers also overcharged me for the amount of time it took them to complete my move. Half a star is for the fact they eventually refunded me the overage.

Also, one of the movers reeked of weed smoke. I believe I was told when booking with All My Sons that movers were drug screened. Like, your personal habits are your personal habits but you should not get to ** off and get high when you’re supposed to be moving my stuff and focused on a job. The crew scratched up my walls and floors and I’ve had no reconciliation from the damage claim I submitted over two weeks ago. On top of that, the lead mover kept hounding us about tipping his crew. I’ve never had a moving company so in your face about tipping them. You weren’t even stellar. It’s hard to believe All My Sons considers themselves customer-focused with the way I was treated and pushed aside with no apologies or any gestures of compassion in this difficult time. Moving is one of the 3 most stressful things in a person’s life and All My Sons doesn’t care about you at all. Stay away from them.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

All My Sons is the absolute worst company to use. Internet viewers - if you are moving absolutely do not use this company. I did my research and weighed the pros and cons and I was horribly wrong in choosing them. They stall and milk the clock and I had one of the managers call me a liar when I was promised the moving company would be at my house between 8 and 8:30 when they showed up at 10:00 am. They promised me 3 men and only 2 men came out. The workers were very very slow and when I called the company saying the workers were moving very slowly next thing I knew they removed all of my furniture in a short time after the call (showing they were milking me on the clock) and then physically left with all of my furniture and never told me they were leaving.

I saw them through the window leaving with my furniture without anyone telling me they were leaving. They are rude, inconsiderate and milking the clock to their benefit and oh, by the way, they do not take cable which I found out was in the small print of the email confirmation they sent. Something that important they should tell you upfront or post it on their website which they did not show. DO NOT USE THEM!! Still recovering from the living nightmare I experienced with them two days ago.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I was told I would be charged $139 an hour. No gas charge and charged one hour for driving time. I was told it would take 3 hours total. It took 6 hours, I was charged a surcharge for gas at 12% of the final cost. They broke several items including my 42 inch TV. I moved from a very small apartment with 820 sqft and two bedrooms and one bath. It cost me just over 1200 dollars and the cost of replacing broken/damaged items. Absolutely would not recommend!!! Use any other moving company. This company should not get business!!!! Don't give them a dime. Horrible experience and more than double the price I was quoted.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I was at my friends who hired this company for her move. She was quoted around 400. She was told it would take two hours. They send two guys to do the job. Apparently the driver doesn't do anything but drive and Text and stand around and guard the truck I guess. The other young man TC was awesome professional and did a great Job. My friend had to have her sons help because of the lack of help. All her boxes were small and labeled. Her two sons and his girlfriend helped because it was moving so slow. Travis had to smoke and text and only came inside when he absolutely had to. It took from 9 am till 1:50 with everyone's help.

Travis the driver slammed her furniture coming in the building and when coming in the apartment. He complained and would leave and get on his phone. He informed us that the company would leave with her stuff if she didn't pay the almost 900 dollar bill. After much deliberation on the phone with a curt manager, they finally gave her 165.00 off and acted like it was a big deal. He accused my friend's husband of being rude. We videotaped the whole conversation. Being a professional himself he ask questions and was treated like he was hostile. So why would you pay twice as much for half as much help. Everything was sorted packed marked, in small easy to manage boxes. Beware of this company. I gave two stars because of TC very polite and professional young man. The driver was not professional courteous or a worker. Very sad.

Original review: July 30, 2018

All My Sons Moving and Storage sent a crew to move my household goods to storage on June 3 & 4, 2018. The original bid was to move my things into storage, then move them to my new home at a later date. The bid ticked all my boxes, but that's where the service stopped. When I opened my door to the crew of 5 on June 3, it looked like they were day labor picked up on the streets. Two of them wore AMS t-shirts, the other 3 did not. The crew "leader" told me he was actually at the same level as the rest of the crew, so there was no one supervising the other guys. They showed up without markers to mark the rooms on the boxes. I provided Sharpies to them.

The bid called for dish packs. David started to wrap and pack my china in a regular box, and said they didn't have any dish packs. After I told him he was not to pack china and dishes in a regular box, he called his manager, Jimmy. He held out the phone for me to talk to Jimmy. Jimmy told me they didn't HAAAAAVE any dish packs, and I told him this wasn't going to go well and hung up. Jimmy called the packer, who said to the other crew "Jimmy said to pack her up." A short time later, Jimmy was on the phone again, saying they would have dish packs the next day and they could pack the items then.

The guys left after 3 hours. They had taken the majority of the furniture to the storage unit, and some of the boxes that I had packed myself prior to the move date. That night, I was reflecting on the day and came to this website and saw the horrible reviews and panicked. Between what happened that day and the reviews, I thought it was best to find another company to move my goods to my new home, since so many of the reviews were about not putting furniture together and having it break. I let Jonathan **, the person who bid the job, know my intent.

The next day, the same crew came. They hung out together by the truck, would be sitting down in unoccupied rooms not doing anything. The dish packs did come that day. They still had no markers. Things went downhill fast. Guys would come to me, bringing individual items, asking "Does this go?" I explained every time that EVERYTHING went except for those things they were not permitted to take, like hazardous materials. Guys would take out one item at a time to the truck (one lamp, an armful of board games, a small side table, for example). They are paid by the hour. I could sense the clock ticking and charges continuing to go up.

10 hours later, we all went to the storage unit. There were items they didn't bother to pack and were just put into storage piece by piece, didn't protect (including art work and electronics), most of the boxes are not marked. There is a lot that will have to be repacked before it is loaded onto the moving truck. It is going to be a nightmare. Someone stole a house plant from my kitchen. Who knows what else they stole, if they would steal a house plant. They also left several items behind that should have been packed and in storage. I have photos.

When the "leader" came to me to sign the bill of lading, he told me where to initial on a small tablet. After I was done initialing, he came to the page for me to sign, agreeing to pay the charges. I was surprised to see the charges were just about where the bid was. After I signed, he motioned to the other guys that it was okay to unload the truck into the storage unit. Then he scrolled to the next page and I saw the charges on this page were $2,000 more than they should have been, according to the bid. The labor was much higher (one piece at a time loading can do that), and they charged for the materials on the bid, but not the materials they actually used. The bill of lading was just the amount of boxes from the bid, there was nothing to show what was packed and stored.

After the truck was unloaded into the storage unit, the leader, David came up to me (I am pretty sure I was crying, which I did for the next 3 days). I told him, "This was awful," and he replied, "I know." I was pretty hysterical by this time. I contacted Jonathan ** again, who told (texted) me someone named Edward would be in touch with me the next day. Edward didn't call, I called him. He told me he was aware of my concerns, would look into it and call me back. He never called me back, I had to call him back. He told me the crew knew that I was not going to use them to move into my new home. He said he told them so they would "do the best job and earn your business back" or something like that. It had the opposite effect.

I waited 2 weeks and never heard anything. I began emailing Edward. I asked for an invoice so I can be reimbursed by my new employer. The bill of lading only has how many boxes/materials were used. After I didn't hear back from Edward, I emailed him to ask if he could provide an invoice or if I needed to contact the corporate office, and he replied that he would get one to me. That was over a month ago, and I still don't have an invoice. I did talk to Jimmy one day when Edward was not in. I explained to Jimmy that this experience and the associated stress and worry had negatively impacted my life. He was extremely condescending - and not helpful at all. He did ask what it would take to resolve this issue, and I told him I didn't know. I still don't know what kind of costs I'm going to incur having to pack things up in the storage unit, and I don't know what damage has been done to my things.

I called to talk with Edward about the invoice. He said he would have to create one, and it would take some time. I asked him if it could be done within a week, and he sighed and said, "I'll try." I emailed again, stating my issues which needed to be resolved. Edward emailed back, saying Jimmy told me he was not going to adjust my charges (he did not ever say that), that there were no damages, that the moving crew had markers, and to call the police and make a report about the stolen houseplant, as they cooperate with police. I emailed Edward again, asking for the invoice. I finally emailed him to tell him I would give him until 25 June to send me the invoice. He has still not sent it to me (today is 30 July), almost 2 months since the move. I am hoping that by submitting this review, people will not go through the same thing I have been through. Truly, one of the worst experiences of my life, and it is still not resolved.

Original review: July 27, 2018

Awful experience. They left furniture in the home, were unable to break down beds, did not put furniture back together that they did break down, could not find screws to do it ourselves, intimidated me to pay a tip, damaged my dining room chair. I would nit use this service again or recommend. When we called the local office to complain the number was disconnected.

All My Sons Moving Company Information