2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.31/5

Compare Movers

All My Sons Moving & Storage is more than a moving company. We have been in business for decades in that time We have moved families and business over millions of miles. We are well-equipped to handle any move of any kind and our Atlanta moving offices are ready to move your memories and your important information anywhere in the country We can move your family to that new home, or your office to its new location. Wherever the move, we treat all of our customers with the same level of respect and care as we expect from our own family.

All My Sons Moving & Storage Reviews

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

All My Sons of Raleigh provided us with an experienced and professional group of men to move us from Pittsboro, NC to Chesterfield, MO. They showed respect for our belongings, worked hard to keep our stress levels in check and kept to the promised schedules for packing, driving and unpacking. Our belongings arrived in excellent condition. The office support system was excellent and responsive. I would highly recommend them to my friends.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Our move was amazing! This was a few years ago but we moved from Manhattan to Santa Monica because I just can't deal with pigeons. Like, no joke it is a full-on phobia. The movers were so professional about everything I barely gave them a second thought. They actually beat us to our new home because I stopped to visit my sister in Lima, Ohio on the drive for a few days. I put the movers up in a nice hotel near our home until we got there and then had them unload everything.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

When I used All My Sons moving company I found the work of packing and moving didn't take half as long as me by myself. The 2 guys who were sent to me were courteous and attentive. I felt I was able to relax a little and trusted their judgment. Nothing ended up broken or missing so it worked out great. The price was a bit high but the service was more than worth it.

Original review: April 14, 2019

I recently moved to Berlin, NJ and my daughter suggested All My Sons as the movers. The men that moved my furniture were not only on time, but they were kind, courteous and most efficient. Everything arrived intact and they even placed the furniture for me. The job was done so quickly it was unbelievable. I was so very impressed with their attitudes and their kindness. Should I move again, I will definitely choose All My Sons. I highly recommend them to anyone needing movers. Great job guys, keep up the good work and continued success and thank you!!!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

We had these movers move our mother's heavy furniture from her apartment to our house. It was a close move and they handled the furniture well. The guys who moved us were pleasant if not a bit slow going back and forth from the truck to the apartment. The two men that I spoke to on the phone were more than helpful and very good with communication. I would recommend the local Portland movers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about All My Sons Moving & Storage?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

We were quoted a price that sounded very reasonable (had received 2 other quotes previously that were both slightly higher), so I paid the $100 deposit. The day before pick up, I was emailed a confirmation along with several things saying they will start charging us $144/hr in 15-min increments and was told (over the phone) will arrive at 9am. So on the day of pick up I started recording when they arrived, when they exited the truck, when they started working, etc.

Day of pick up. They started out being late. 9am came and went and after several attempts to contact them, I finally succeeded only to be told that the GPS shows they were 15 minutes from my house. Four min. later I receive a call from one of the guys ON the truck saying they are giving me a courtesy call and that they had to stop at Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast and use the restroom and are 40-45 min. from my house and that they would arrive at 10am. At approx. 10:03 they showed up. Five full minutes went by (10:08 now) before they exited the truck. Two of the guys immediately got in the back of the truck and started horsing around (all while billing us in 15-min increments). They literally threw all of our belongings on the back of their truck (26'... which is MORE than ample for moving a 3-bed/2-bath single-story house).

For starters they left 7-vehicles-full worth of belongings (one being a minivan and another a full-size pick-up truck (not very small vehicles)) at the house because they couldn't fit anything else. By the time they left we had one hour before house buyer was doing a final walk-through (we had everything packed ourselves - all they had to do was put it and the furniture on the truck) to get the remaining items somewhere which ended up being in several friends' garages (based on space) for 2 days. They needed to store our belongings on the truck for two days which is when we were closing on our new house.

The next day, I was emailed a bill that included a total bill minus deposit and what was left owed. They tacked on an extra $550+- to the quote. The following morning (day of delivery), they were to arrive between 8:30-9am (set up at time of pick up two days earlier, but was told the day between that they never set up a time for delivery and that the office manager (which turns out to be the only other person in their "office") was conveniently out-of-state at a conference, but was settled that they would be there by 9am after having to reschedule our house closing due to their incompetence). At 11:19 am, they still had not arrived and so began a barrage of phone calls... again.

At 12:38pm they finally arrived to unload. They opened the back of the truck to reveal a HORROR SHOW. Before getting into that though the "office manager" calls and says (in as rude and condescending of a voice as he could muster) says we have 5 min. to pay the bill or he's having his guys lock up the truck and drive away. Fine, I go to pay the bill only to be yelled at over the phone that he had not sent us the bill yet (mind you, the day before I was emailed the bill with total due) and that he was working on it right now. He sends the bill to his guys, refusing to send it to me and I had to take a photo of the (broken) tablet screen with as much of the bill showing as I could and revealed that he had tacked on yet another approx. $300. They proceeded to unload the horror show.

Dinette table with granite top... crushed. ALL legs broken off, granite top snapped in half only held on by the hardware from the base. Antique extending drop-leaf table - whole base crushed - legs on 2 of 3 of the bases broken off and 3rd base cracked all the way up to the tabletop. Antique dresser- one drawer face broken in thirds and placed in other drawers to hide it. Marble stone desktop inlay snapped in half plus smaller pieces. Spokes on bike tires snapped in half. The list goes on and on. We got estimates for what could be repaired and what would need to be replaced (stone can not be repaired of course) came out to just shy of $5k as well as the obscure mark-up in the bill (that they refused to send me) came out to a total loss of just shy of $6k.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I was very excited to use this company at first because someone actually came out to my house to do a walk-thru and give me a more accurate quote. I asked for two quotes: one just to move the big items and a second to move everything (with me boxing the stuff). Got my quotes, seemed reasonable and asked to go with the move everything option.

I was moving from a 1 story 1917 sq foot home to a two story 2048 sq foot home. They said they'd arrive between 8 and 9 and with 3 guys. They came closer to 9 and only had 2 men. The quote hadn't been updated in the system so they refused to move the boxes at first. Called the office and got them to say yes move everything. They loaded up the truck and didn't get to the new location (and with only part of my items) until 3 PM! I ended up having to help carry things up the stairs myself and when they left, two of my kids' beds weren't even put together (it took them until 8 PM to unload).

Then, they went back to get my fridge, kitchen table, washer and dryer and some wall art. I get a call from the office saying their guys are now off the clock and I had to wait until the next morning to get the rest of my things. The office then says they are going to charge "per the contract" the extra 10% over the bid because of all the extra hours the men put in... Well you only sent 2 guys not the 3 you contracted. They did waive the extra 10%, but did nothing else to compensate me for this very UNPROFESSIONAL move. I also have scratched walls in my stairwell of my brand new home and my king bed frame is nicked and scratched as well. I would NOT recommend this company to anyone, unfortunately.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

We received two hours of labor and they tried to bill me for three hours. They ended up giving me half and hour of credit instead of the whole hour. They are very deceiving and unorganized. None of the math added up no matter what method they used to explain. I had a call log on my phone that told me when the drivers arrived and told me they were in the parking lot, and when the company called after they left to find out how it went. It was exactly 1 hr 45 min. Drivers sat out in the driveway for another half and hour and billed ME for an extra half hour. Will never use them again.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

DO NOT USE THEM. I can’t emphasize this enough. They will rip you off. They took 12 hours to do a partial pack of a 1200 square foot apartment. Slower than snails. We are missing a bookcase. We called to complain, they never returned our call.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

Let me start this review by letting you know that everything you are about to read is a 100% true story about my disastrous experience with All My Sons moving company. I chose this company because of their guarantee of great customer service and care for your property. I had nice communications with Jason ** setting up the move, and he was more than happy to talk to me when I was giving them my credit card to leave the deposit.

Then moving day arrived. The movers showed up promptly at 9am (good sign), unfortunately they wreaked of ** (bad sign). Before they do anything, the leader of the pot heads tells me that I should call the company and cancel the move, and that they will come back with their own truck and do it for cheaper. I tell them that I don’t feel comfortable with that, so they get started. We immediately noticed how slowly they were moving. The office had told us the move out would take about 4 hours. It already seemed unlikely, based on their lack of urgency (remember the weed).

About 2 hours into the move we hear glass shatter upstairs. They had broken the chandelier in the upstairs hallway. I then had to stop what I was doing, go to their hardware store, buy and install a new chandelier. Fast forward to 3:30. 6 ½ into the move!!! They inform us that the truck is full and they can’t fit anything else in, while we still have about 25% of our stuff still in the house. I then have to take them to the new house to unload just enough stuff so that we can fit in the rest of our things from the old house. And of course when they show up at the new house they are freshly stoned again. By the time everything was finally loaded it was 6pm. Our move out had taken 9 hours for a 4 bedroom house!!!

Day 2. The movers arrive promptly again, but informed us that their manager was demanding payment in full before they would take anything off the truck. My wife spoke with someone named Keith, and explained that she thought it was ridiculous to demand payment before the job was done, but agreed to pay. I will just fast forward to the end of this day, and list all of our property that they damaged during the move in. (I have pictures for all of it in case you think I’m exaggerating.) Major holes and damage in drywall throughout the house. (Need a painter for that.) Parts ripped off of our dining room table. Leather headboard to bed with multiple rips (Unfixable). The front of my child’s desk was ripped off. All of our beds were put together improperly with many screws missing. Our bed frame uses 10 screws to secure it. They only put back in 2!!! Not kidding. All of our outside furniture was left in a pile by the back gate.

When all was said and done, the movers caused over $6000 in damage to our property. The worst part was when I reached out to Jason ** (The guy who was happy to take my money) to tell him what happened, he never even got back to me. My wife spoke with Keith again and he just told her to fill out a claim form, and submit it to their claims department. Yes, this happens so often with their company that they have a whole claims department. We filled out the form, and submitted all of our pictures, and after 30 days of waiting, they finally got back to us with an offer of $176. So after we paid them $3000 for the move, and they caused $6000 in damage they offer us $176. Wow!!!

So I say to you All My Sons Moving Company, keep your $176. My hope is that you will need it when people read this review and decide to get their moving services elsewhere. Moving is one of the most stressful things you do in your life, and your company made it so much worse. You violated our family, and should be ashamed of yourselves for doing absolutely nothing to make it right. You company is awful. I will also be reaching out to the authorities to let them know to be on the lookout for All My Sons moving trucks, as their drivers are probably stoned. To anyone reading this review, please do yourself a favor and find a different moving company.

Let us do the heavy lifting!

Take our two minute quiz to find the right moving company for you.

All My Sons Moving & Storage Company Information