2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.31/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

All My Sons Moving & Storage offers local moves in 15 states and long-distance moves to anywhere in the United States. Every move comes with basic valuation insurance, but customers can purchase additional insurance for better coverage. The company also offers packing and unpacking services, temporary storage and packing supplies.

BOTTOM LINE

All My Sons performs long-distance moves to anywhere in the U.S. and local moves in select cities. Local move prices trend low, but the website isn’t transparent on prices.

PROS

• Temporary storage
    • Free packing options
    • Expedited moves

CONS

• Pricing not transparent

Top All My Sons Moving & Storage Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about All My Sons Moving & Storage?

My brother, mom and I were all very pleased with their care and professionalism. Nothing was broken or misplaced. Two years later, when I got married, my husband used them to move from his house to mine and NO problems. We plan to use them again to move into our new home and anticipate the same.

I recently moved to Berlin, NJ and my daughter suggested All My Sons as the movers. The men that moved my furniture were not only on time, but they were kind, courteous and most efficient ... they even placed the furniture for me … Should I move again, I will definitely choose All My Sons.

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About All My Sons Moving & Storage

All My Sons Moving & Storage performs local and interstate moves for homes and businesses. The company also offers packing and unpacking options and temporary storage. All My Sons movers quilt-pad, wrap, dismantle and set up furniture for free. Several consumer reviews mention the convenience of the company’s complimentary furniture setup.

All My Sons Moving & Storage cost

A local move with All My Sons costs an average of $1,000. We’ve seen vastly different estimated costs for interstate moves with All My Sons, ranging from $1,450 for a small, short move to more than $8,000 for a three-bedroom move of 650 miles. Customers who opt for full packing services and additional services — like storage or packing supplies — pay more.

All My Sons Moving & Storage moving services

All My Sons assists with local and long-distance moves for homes and businesses. Customers may opt for additional services for a fee. Every move from All My Sons comes with basic valuation insurance, which covers 60 cents per pound for lost or damaged items.

All My Sons provides the following types of moves:

• Local moves: The company performs local moves in 15 states. Its website has a full, up-to-date list of cities where it does business.
      • Long-distance moves: All My Sons moves people long-distance to anywhere in the U.S. For moves fewer than 500 miles, All My Sons performs same- or next-day service. All My Sons assigns a moving consultant to all long-distance moves.
      • Corporate relocation and commercial moves: All My Sons has experience moving businesses locally and long-distance. Call the company directly for more information on how much a large-scale commercial move costs.

Customers wanting to simplify their move may opt for additional services from All My Sons:

• Storage: All My Sons has climate-controlled storage for short- or long-term needs. These storage facilities have 24/7 security, sprinkler systems, alarm systems and an on-site manager. All My Sons delivers and reassembles furniture and other items from storage.
      • Packing and unpacking: Pay a bit more for All My Sons to pack and unpack all your things for residential or commercial moves. All My Sons has experience packing fragile and bulky items like china, glassware, grandfather clocks, sculptures, artwork and pianos.
      • Packing supplies: All My Sons sells moving supplies, including moving boxes, crates, blankets, pads, packing peanuts, packing foam and tape.

All My Sons Moving & Storage FAQ

Does All My Sons have insurance?
      Yes. Every move with All My Sons comes with basic valuation insurance, which provides 60 cents per pound for lost and damaged items.
      Does All My Sons move fragile items?
      Yes, All My Sons movers have experience moving fragile and antique items.
      Where are local moves available with All My Sons?
      Local moves are only available in select cities. All My Sons’ website has a full, up-to-date list.
      Does All My Sons offer temporary storage?
      Yes. All My Sons has both short-term and long-term storage options.

Is All My Sons Moving & Storage worth it?

All My Sons is worth exploring for people looking to move locally or long-distance. The company isn’t upfront about its pricing, and it doesn’t offer local moves in every city. However, the company makes long-distance moves to anywhere in the country. Several consumer reviews mention All My Sons movers and move coordinators being exceptionally attentive and helpful. If your quote seems fair, All My Sons is worth considering.

All My Sons Moving & Storage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about All My Sons Moving & Storage?

Original review: March 20, 2020

When my friend's mom gave me a piano, she paid $700 to move it into my home. These guys moved it out along with the rest of my house for a little over $1,000. Yes, that's a little expensive, but they had my entire three bedroom house out and moved in a few hours. I didn't have to haul a washer, go back and haul a dryer, go back and haul a refrigerator. One truck, one time, DONE! The movers were very friendly and nice. I was concerned during the coronavirus that it might delay my moving plans, but it did not. Yes, you get charged for some extra packing material, but have you ever moved not using these things? The extra packing material ensures nothing gets unnecessarily scratched or damaged.

I've had so much stuff scratched from me moving it in my cars. These guys prevented all of that. I was surprised at the amount of stuff I put in boxes that came out of the house. I can see how a quote might be lower because you wind up moving more than you realize, but I was initially quoted a little higher and the final price wasn't as much. I can't complain. This made the move from one house to another so easy as everything was set up in my new house by lunch (aside from unpacking boxes but we color coded the masking tape so the right boxes are in the right rooms). This was totally worth the money. I will absolutely use these guys again. Especially if you're dealing with a piano, use them!

Original review: March 2, 2020

We used All My Sons Moving & Storage to move a complete apartment that was completely over-run with junk. It would have been a very daunting challenge for any company, but Andres and Eduardo ("Eddie") from All My Sons Moving & Storage were simply terrific. They stayed focused on the task at hand and did just a superb job. I would not hesitate to use All My Sons Moving & Storage again and would request Andres and Eddie if they were available. Jim

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

All My Sons of Raleigh provided us with an experienced and professional group of men to move us from Pittsboro, NC to Chesterfield, MO. They showed respect for our belongings, worked hard to keep our stress levels in check and kept to the promised schedules for packing, driving and unpacking. Our belongings arrived in excellent condition. The office support system was excellent and responsive. I would highly recommend them to my friends.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Our move was amazing! This was a few years ago but we moved from Manhattan to Santa Monica because I just can't deal with pigeons. Like, no joke it is a full-on phobia. The movers were so professional about everything I barely gave them a second thought. They actually beat us to our new home because I stopped to visit my sister in Lima, Ohio on the drive for a few days. I put the movers up in a nice hotel near our home until we got there and then had them unload everything.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

When I used All My Sons moving company I found the work of packing and moving didn't take half as long as me by myself. The 2 guys who were sent to me were courteous and attentive. I felt I was able to relax a little and trusted their judgment. Nothing ended up broken or missing so it worked out great. The price was a bit high but the service was more than worth it.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

The worst moving experience I’ve ever had. Communication: There is none. You get a quote from a centralized call center who has no idea what they’re talking about. A local person will hit you up via text to demand a deposit (without ever mentioning they’re with AMS). Then the quote gets changed by the local person (Oh, two hours? No more like four). Any time you call back a number they call you from you’re routed to somewhere else in the US. Everyone answers “Hi this is *** and I can certainly help you” only to be transferred to somewhere else, where no one ever answers the phone.

Not on time: An afternoon move started at 7pm. On the day of my move no one ever called me until 6pm to ask if I still wanted them to do the move. I called three times that day and only received a call back by a woman in Florida who had no idea what was going on here in VA. Covid: No one followed any Covid guidelines. None of the guys wore a mask. No one had gloves. I was promised this and disgusted that it wasn’t enforced. I was told by the call center I could refuse service if the team wasn’t compliant. Apparently that wasn’t true either.

Not Professional: Once they had half my stuff into the truck, and after they dropped boxes and furniture, they finally asked me to sign the initial release paperwork. Their paperwork was for another person. They almost took my things to the wrong address. At this point I demanded to speak with someone who could clarify, they put me in touch with “Chris,” and I requested to cancel the move. At which point he said I had to talk to “Diane” who could deal with things while the team unloaded my stuff. After the call, Driver “Travis” said if I just paid them in cash he would deliver my stuff cheaper than AMS quoted. I was in a bind as I had to be out of my place, it was nearly 9pm already and they had a lot of my stuff on the truck already. I decided to do that.

I paid them half and the rest due on delivery. “Travis” then proceeded to tell me that I would get a refund on the deposit as he would talk to “Diane”. I never saw such a refund. And later I received “receipts” for services that I never signed confirming I’d pay in full. As I understand it “Travis” forged my signature onto these documents. I’m still working with my credit card company to dispute these charges.

Quality: They scratched a lot of my stuff including the walls of my new place. They hit on me and made me feel uncomfortable most of the time. But what does a woman do when four, obviously strong, men have your things and know where you live? The company obviously forgot about my move, but rather than call and communicate anything they sent four men in a Penske truck to do their dirty work. This was and is the worst experience moving I have ever had.

Original review: July 31, 2020

Worst experience of my life with All My Sons. They bait and switched My elderly parents. EXTORTION. Tried to hire them to move my parents to a new house I bought for them. 1 bedroom apartment quoted around 800 to 900. Movers arrived at 11 am, driver told him to cancel the appointment with company and said he would move them. (Cutting the Company out of their business) Quoted them $1500 to move them... Sad that a company has employees are crooked. But later called again and they wanted to help me move. I told them what their driver did and they hung up on me... Looks like they were in on it. It's sad to see that these people try to steal money from the elderly.

Original review: July 28, 2020

This move was much more expensive than anticipated. They damaged several items that were less than a year old by scratching, scraping, nicking, or marking them up. They also broke the lid to my washing machine (& it looks like a tire rolled over the front), the top of my printer, and my piano bench. They also put several nicks in the walls of my new place. I let the owner know & he responded to my initial email, which included pictures & receipts showing how new the items were, but I haven't heard anything in 3 weeks. My follow-up email a week ago has been ignored. I take very good care of my things & didn't spend 2k to move < 5 miles to have my things damaged.

Original review: July 24, 2020

On 7/15/2020 A last confirmed date and time email was sent to me after speaking back to a young lady solidifying my move with a time. I asked for a confirmation email to show my date and time was set. Today - 7/24/2020 I called the company to see if I could get a later time on 8/1/2020 than my agreed upon time of 8am-11am and was told before getting to that question that they were booked on 8/1/2020 and what other date could they move me. I was outraged. This is false advertising and breach of contract. I booked on 7/9/2020 and was emailed my date & time aa booked. Now I'm stuck at this last minute trying to book another moving company who is obviously going to be booked this close to date. The worst thing to be as a moving company is unreliable and irresponsible. All My Sons Moving Company is unreliable and irresponsible.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I was in Kansas City when I decided to move to Roeland park. I had tried another company in past for my 2 moves and wanted to try something different this time.

My experience with "All My Sons" was nothing less than a disaster. Before my move, they gave me a call and told me that it's going to be the best move of my life. This gave me a good feeling about the company but that was the only good thing that I experienced during the move. First they charge you based on the amount of time needed to move. So if their movers are taking more time for whatever reason, you will be the one paying for it. They send two younger guys for my move who had limited experience in moving. They were barely able to lift my furniture. Actually I end up helping them to lift stuff since they were struggling.

It took about 5 hours to complete the move even though the distance was less than 10 minutes and all my previous moves had been completed within 2 hours. They charged me the money for extended duration because it took longer them to move me, even though the delay was because the movers were struggling to lift my furniture. So I ended up paying more than twice as much for my move compared to my previous moves of similar magnitude and distance. In other words, they can send you less man power and then charge you more money for the delay caused by it. Stay away from them and get another reliable company.

All My Sons Moving & Storage Company Information