1.29/5
  • 1 star
Based on 82 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Discover the right moving company for you

All My Sons Moving

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Jan. 2, 2018

656 All My Sons Moving Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

The movers did not write on the boxes what room the packing was done in. They also mixed room inventory. What really irritated me was there were 3 people packing up the house but only 1 to unload the inventory. They charge per hour so what should have taken only a few hours to unload the truck took 6+ hours. The guy unloading the truck asked me to help him. Why should I help to unload the inventory when I paid you to do this? Very unprofessional and I would never recommend or use them again!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017
    BE AWARE OF VERY POOR BUSINESS PRACTICES. Move was booked 5 weeks in advance. Spoke to company several times and Monday before confirmed move for 9 am Sunday, Dec 17th. A representative came to my house on Friday, Dec.15 and completed a written estimate for the move to take place on Dec 17th. On Saturday, Dec 16th at approx 6 pm received a text message from that All My Sons was cancelling the move scheduled for the next morning at 9 am.

Furthermore, the owner of this franchise was rude and unwilling to admit that his company made a mistake. We will be taking this company to court as it cost us 3 times the original estimate to complete this move.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

First they wouldn't take all my furniture. The two helpers nice. The one in charge a piece of work. My new condo I just bought walls chipped. Furniture damaged. The price went from 425.00 to 700.00. They didn't want to take some little extra things. Went 15 miles out of the way of my house. Never would ever tell someone to use them. They added an extra hour. I'm a cancer survivor and at the end of the move after closing had 60.00 dollars left and gave them 20 ea. The head of the three was mad. I'm also missing a brand new tablet. Can't find it. Should of went with two men and a truck.

The woman in the office was very nice and refunded me 86.00. Was not happy when I told her what the driver said to my mom. She said she wants to move also and he gave her his private number. He does moving on the side. I told the company this. Not happy at all. But that to me is stealing. Now the other two guys very nice. First time I hired a moving company. I had breast cancer and couldn't lift furniture. Sorry to the company. You need to watch who you hire.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

Worst moving experience ever and I have moved a lot interstate and out of state. The movers were late, cracked my flat screen tv, coffee table, lamp and expensive luggage. I had to file an insurance claim and they only offered $28.00. The movers were unprofessional and didn’t seem to know what they were doing. I had no choice but to stick with them as I had to close on my house and leave by noon. I used the Fort Myers, FL location and the customer service team was equally unprofessional and uncourteous. They simply didn’t care or offer any options beyond $28. I lost $2000 worth of items that shouldn’t have happened if they hired men who knew what they were doing. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

The worst moving experience ever. Their salesperson was great. It was going to be a “white glove” move. 5 inexperienced people showed up. They took forever. Damaged the floor and a door jam the first day. One stole a bottle of wine. They broke thousands of $$ worth of art. Left on the second day without finishing leaving me to figure out how to move an additional 10 boxes. Each day several of the men walked off the job. My furniture was put into storage improperly with several damaged pieces when I brought them out. (Hired a different company who photographed the damaged furniture in place in the storage unit.) Do not use this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about All My Sons Moving?

Resolution response: Dec. 21, 2017

Well...I have to say...the sqeaky wheel sometimes gets the deserved attention. All My Sons moving has redeemed themselves by taking care of my things that they failed to handle properly. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

THESE GUYS GET NO STARS IN MY BOOK... BUT HAD TO GIVE ONE IN ORDER TO POST THIS REVIEW. Their estimator sure knows how to talk them up...They dropped a sub-woofer, Kamado ceramic grill, broke a chair, and an entry side table. All my clothes and Christmas decor was thrown in a heap. Totes were dropped and broke with contents spilling all over the floor. They dropped a box containing a plastic jar of cherries. The top popped off and soaked through the box and they just sat it on the floor and didn't tell anyone and it stains the carpet. They will pay nothing (.60 per lb.) to replace anything. Are you kidding me? They put my Sleep Number bed together incorrectly and I have to pay $180 for a tech to come out. The grill will cost $500 to replace. Not sure about the sub-woofer.

I keep getting the run around with the assistant operations manager. They want to send someone over to fix things? Really? The estimate was a little incorrect according to the crew that came and moved me. Instead of doing what needed to be done by possibly doing a second trip with one truck, doing the job right and reporting back; they proceeded to overload the trucks. Crushing my things. I was quoted at 6 guys and got 5. So what do 5 guys do? Try to do the same job in the same amount of hours as 6 guys. They said they were taking lunch and then called me and said they weren't. They were obviously fatigued and starving by the time to unload and someone thinks the a bag of Cheez-Its and a Monster drink (which was stolen from my counter top) is going to get them through.

The 9 hr mark is approaching, everyone is getting tired, one guy wasn't listening so he was given a time out by the super, and sat in the truck for at least an hour. They charged me for him anyway. I paid good money for my things. So far the only thing that has gotten busted that I packed is a light bulb and a couple glasses. I was told I was getting the cream of the crop by booking early. If this is the cream??? They came so highly recommended and I'm so disappointed that they won't do better to do the right thing. I trusted these guys! NEVER AGAIN! DO NOT EVER USE THESE GUYS! THEY DON'T KEEP THEIR WORD!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

I had given a 1 star review after the move this co. did for my sr. dad. Well, the ops mgr. Antonio made things right with my dad and went above in beyond after the leaving part went wrong. He made sure that on the arrival end in the new place my dad was well taken care of and that it was a smooth transaction and things were done the way they should be. Going forward I will recommend you guys based solely on what Antonio did. Thanks.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I would give them ZERO stars if that was an option. They were absolutely horrible. You can't get a quote online like most companies and once you speak with them, they call you 3-4x/day until you either book with them or decline. They were the only company we contacted that charged a deposit ($200). The quote was for four hours for two men @ $99/hour plus one-time fuel charge and a $99 travel charge. They didn't tell me they charged for tape, wrap, etc. until they arrived to load up. No moving company charges for that (at least none I've ever used).

The fuel charge wasn't a flat fee like most companies, though that was what was indicated when I got the quote. When they arrived to load up and gave me the contract to sign, I saw that it was 12% of the total. All that being said, this move shouldn't have taken more than 4.5 hours (that's including picking up a couple of things from a storage unit in Frisco... The move was from a ground floor 2-BR apt in McKinney to a one-story home, also in McKinney, six miles from the apt). Had it been 5 hours max, it should've cost $665 + tax. That's not at all how it shook out in the end.

To start with, when I booked the move, they said the logistics company they use would contact me 2-3 days prior to the move to confirm the time (they couldn't even give me an estimate of what time they would arrive until 2 days before the move date). I didn't hear from the logistics company until 24 hours before the move. They had about half of the info wrong and had a difficult time getting it right. I was told I would get a MINIMUM of 60 minutes notice from the logistics center to meet the movers at the storage unit. The movers called me when they were 10 minutes from the storage unit. That was helpful since I live 25 minutes away.

One of the guys was great... He worked his butt off. He was very personable and was very conscientious to take care to wrap everything carefully, not scratch up the walls, put the furniture in the appropriate rooms, etc. The other guy was worthless. When they started unloading, he put everything in the dining room (it was the first room when you walked in the door). Didn't matter if it was marked for another room or obviously didn't belong in the dining room, that's where he dropped it. I caught him sitting in the truck on the phone or eating more than once while the other guy was busting his butt working. They stopped to get gas and a snack at 7-11 between loading and unloading that added an additional 30 minutes. It took them well over an hour to load a dining room table, six chairs and a china cabinet at the storage unit. It should've taken half that time.

Another company moved my mom from Dallas to McKinney earlier this year and did it in 4.25 hours. Same furniture (less the dining room table), number of boxes, etc. These guys moved her within a few miles and it took them 7.5 hours. Yes, 7.5 hours. And it wasn't because they were careful. They tore up the walls in both places, almost everything except big, obvious stuff (sofa, bed, etc.) were in the wrong rooms and had to be moved by me the following day (including 76 boxes). Boxes marked "fragile" were on the bottom of stacks of boxes of books (stacked 6-7 boxes high). Boxes marked "Kitchen" were found in every room but the kitchen and all had to be moved. I had to remind them 4x to put the desk in the dining room, not the garage.

They beat the hell out of my mom's brand new washing machine, tore up the corners of several pieces of antique furniture, put the bed together wrong (it was like a seesaw so it was obviously wrong), broke her Christmas tree, and we're still unpacking and continue to find broken items. Luckily, we have 90 days to file a claim for all of that. The list is getting long. And they told us when they were loading that they're not allowed to move live plants (she had one plant). It wasn't in the contract where it listed what they weren't allowed to move (guns, money, jewelry, etc.) and nothing was mentioned when I booked. So we had to go back the next day to get the plant. Never had a mover say they couldn't move a plant. That was on top of having to move almost every single box...either to the correct room or move it to see what was under it and move furniture that was in the wrong place.

They wouldn't unload until we paid them and they estimated a 6-hour total at that time but then took an additional 90 minutes after that and charged us for the OT which was their fault. All that extra time adds up to more for the fuel charge as well. Bottom line, what should've taken 4.0-4.5 hours took 7.5 hours and cost about twice what they quoted. They charged the deposit to the wrong card, charged $56 for tape and wrap, left garbage throughout the house and garage, and overcharged for the fuel charge. Save yourself the aggravation and money and go with someone else. They were AWFUL.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Let me say upfront the sales pitch from Lexis ** sounded great with prompt returned calls, estimates, and other important details. Then All My Sons went dark and did not return calls closer to the move date and that was a major concern since they did not commit to the pickup and delivery. On the moving day All My Sons sends a 72 foot long tractor and trailer and barely squeeze into the community. Poor judgement and almost knocked over a fire hydrant!

Moved from San Antonio, TX to St. Petersburg, FL. I had a 2 day delivery spread and on day 1 (without a storage unit) All My Sons demanded to deliver immediately. A guy name Jonathan screamed at me on my speaker phone in a restaurant. I had to wait one extra day and All My Sons added a 50% surcharge (never noted in writing in the bidding contract). The organization/company or whatever you call it needs to clean out the supervisors, get customer service training, etc. At the restaurant I had to sort of apologize to the 35 people that heard Jonathan screaming at me demanding a delivery address of the storage unit and demanding I bumper another resident moving into our restricted condo association. I will be reporting this company to the Better Business Bureau and based on the previous reviews posted this company is in serious management and leadership problems.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I am a military veteran who has moved many times over the years both throughout Europe and around the US. My experience with All My Sons Moving and Storage of Newport News LLC was the absolute worst and most ridiculous move I have ever had. I had everything packed in boxes and ready to go. The move should have taken about four hours total, it took seven hours. Right off the bat one of the crew made it very clear that he did not want to be there and was not going to do any work. He complained all day that the company treated him like a slave and he wasn’t taking it anymore. An hour into the move I found this individual laying on my couch.

I paid over a thousand dollars for three professional movers to move and care for my belongings. This is not the service I received. Instead I got three inexperienced, rude, lazy, purposefully destructive, disrespectful, unprofessional children who nearly got into a fistfight with one another in the front yard of my new home screaming racial slurs and cussing at one another. After the altercation they were so upset they began literally kicking my belongings off the back of the truck onto the ground and tossing them into rooms leaving my belongings broken and my home in a complete shambles. Items wrapped for the move were not unwrapped and items taken apart for the move were not put back together.

Aside from what was broken in boxes many of my antique furnishings were scratched, dented and broken due to improper moving and packing in the truck. The men also came unprepared. I had to give them boxes to replace the ones they dropped and broke. I even had to let them use my tools and tape and I was still charged for materials. The complete lack of respect shown for me, my belongings and the company these men work for was insulting and embarrassing.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

The move went fine until they ripped my flooring in my laundry room. They didn't tell me and now the corporate office only wants to pay me $50 for the inconvenience. I can't even pay the labor to fix my flooring with that! The house was just restored after a fire so the floor was brand new! They didn't state the real price when offering a quote either. Will never use them again and will be posting as many bad reviews as I can until they rethink their terrible offer of a solution for my floor!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

My household goods were to be moved 10.3 miles to my new home. Movers broke my 55 inch TV and confirmed it broke at delivery. Mover Ben assured me he would report it to his boss. They never reimbursed my moving charges or compensated me for the broken TV despite filing a claim with company. DO NOT USE All My Sons Moving company out of Melbourne, FL. Very dishonest, poor service.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Zero stars would be best. I used this company a little over a year ago and I was really happy with them. This move was AWFUL!! Let me get straight to it. Were going to throw my leather couch over the 2 floor balcony. I thought they were kidding, until I looked down and saw the guy standing there waiting for the couch to be thrown!! Wth. Did I hire these goofs? Unfortunately, yes. The couch was not tossed due to my complaint. My desk drawer that holds my money till for NY business was full of change. Well forget about honest workers. They stole all my change. My black and white Marilyn Monroe painting is missing. They broke my late Nonis heirloom mirror. Custom made mirror from San Francisco. 35 years old. BROKEN!!

When I left them at the old apartment they were almost done, so I said I’d meet them at my new place. Well they arrived at my new place and my son and mom went back to drop off the keys - they left bins of my belongings!! Plus a tall lamp. Wth!! My son called and told me. Thankfully he brought back the rest of my stuff. The one mover had the nerve to tell me they accept tips. Unfortunately I tipped them before I found out all my damages!! Thankfully it wasn’t that big of a tip. Careless movers. Unprofessional. Shady. Thieves. PLEASE hire different movers!! Filed a claim, let's hope they stand up and do the right thing!! I usually don’t complain, however I am not wanting others to go through this!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I could go on for days about how horrible this company is. Charge more than agreed upon, but know you have to pay whatever to get your items that they will hold hostage. Charge for "extras" that were suppose to be included such as packing blankets... Take their time moving and driving to get that upcharge, but do not treat your items with care or caution. Management admits to overcharging and then places blame on you for being "cheap". I had used this company years ago and had a great experience, but they have since been bought and have absolutely turned into a shady thieving company. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

We hired them and the man from the consultation was nice but your typical salesman. They move our furniture and then comes our expensive 4,000$ Samsung fridge. They were forcing it through the doorway and not only scratched the heck out of it, but dented it so bad that we need a brand new fridge now. They scratched our newborn's dresser to heck as well and broke a chair leg. We took pictures and sent in a claim. They gave us the run around of course. We finally get back a letter saying they'll only offer us 243$.00. Doesn't even cover the cost of our sons 300$ dresser. Do not go with these people. There's a reason they always have openings and other moving companies are harder to schedule.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Wish there was a no stars option. They were three hours late on move day (I called the office several times and they just kept telling they’d call me back but never did, three times). 2.5 hours after I began calling the office, they finally figured out the truck broke down. I get that things happen, but none of that was communicated to me, and I could have moved many things on my own in that time.

The movers were very nice, but slow (I did most of the loading and unloading of boxes) and I was worried about my grandma’s furniture. There were two men, and for all the time they took packaging the furniture, only one them would move pieces that clearly needed two lifters. A 1br move took almost 3 hours longer than I anticipated.

Now the big problem. I hired movers primarily for my 60 inch TV and they TOTALED it. Giant crack across the bottom of the screen that spiders in places. Won’t turn on. It’s also irreplaceable, because they don’t make it anymore. The movers filed a claim for me and told me not to worry. It would be fully covered and replaced. I specifically asked about the $0.60/pound rule, and they specifically said that didn’t matter, the company would replace the entire cost. They also took apart my TV stand and lost pieces, so I can’t put it back together, had to claim that too.

It took three weeks just to get the claims paperwork that they mailed. USPS mailed. Not PDF. Mailed. Also, they mailed it to the wrong address the first time. When I finally got it, I did everything requested and sent it back via priority mail the following morning, and it was “undeliverable.” Reason unknown. They were able to deliver it the next day (Friday, about lunchtime), and when I called Monday, they said it wouldn’t have gotten to them yet. I sent digital copies as well Friday at 9am and still hadn’t heard anything back. They said they’d get back to me when they got to it.

Called back 24 hours later on Tuesday; they still hadn’t gotten to it. It took until a month after my claim to begin the process. It took 30 days after that before I could follow up again, and they said they mailed follow up paperwork two weeks before, yet I never got it. After eight weeks with no TV, they offered me 9% of what it would cost to replace the items, $157 and said that was four times more than they were contractually obligated to offer. I claimed over $1600, and if I want to replace my items, that is what it is going to cost me. I understand that I signed an agreement, but the drivers should not be allowed to make promises in regard to coverage if the company isn’t going to back what their employee are telling customers. It’s confusing (and frustrating, and really expensive, apparently) when you’re told two completely different things by people at the same company.

When I asked who I needed to speak to or what needed to be done so that misinformation was not given to customers, I was told management knows this and they tell the drivers not to do it, but they do it anyway and that the company is not responsible for what the drivers say. But, it’s your company and your employees telling these things to your customers. How is that not in any way your responsibility? If I told patrons at my job that they didn't have to pay their fines, and then they got upset and complained when they had to pay their fines, I would get in trouble and a policy would be enforced to ensure patrons didn't get misinformation. I have encouraged all friends and family to never use this company. What was supposed to be the least stressful part of my move turned into eight weeks of incredible amounts of stress, frustration, and anger. Oh, and I still don't have a TV.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

This move was a disaster!!! The crew were very disorganized, couldn't work well together (had arguments in front of me and my family) and were not sufficiently experienced to be moving anyone's furniture. They damaged my walls, wood floor, dresser, leather sofa, scratched my television and its stand. I did not have much to move, and they managed to scratch or damage nearly everything touched. I requested a new crew after they put everything the truck, but management did not provide one and did not call me back to tell me why. I did not trust these people to move anything into my new house. When we got to my new house, they wanted me to pay before they would unload my belongings. What should have been no more than 3 to 4 hours, was claimed to be a 7 hour job.

I refused to pay as much of the time was spent waiting for management to call me back about a new crew and the guys arguing and blaming each other for the damages. They ended up making me waive all damage at the first address in order for them to reduce the fee. Just based on my experience alone, they should have offered a discount, but no I had to give up my claims in order to pay the amount that was more fair to me. These people were disrespectful and unprofessional, so much so that by the end of the move, I forbid one guy from even entering my home. Save your time, money and belongings and NEVER hire this moving company... even if it is the last one on earth. You and your friends would have a more successful move doing it yourselves. I'm not one to even write reviews, but I really don't want ANYONE else to go through what I went through.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

My fiance Vel and I used this company for a local move. They had no experience, used the knobs to bring up the bureau to the 2nd floor, dropped furniture, & scraped my oak wood floors when they dragged my bureau across it. One of the guys was hung over, and the other had no experience at all. They inflated the bill - they made me pay $129.00 up front and then demanded double the estimated price upon arrival at my destination. I asked them why and they said they "round up". They said they knew how long it would take them to unload. They charged me for 1.5 hour and they took 15 minutes to unload. That cost me an additional $160.00 ($160 per hour).

Rude, nasty, unprofessional people, and the management is so sweet & professional when you call, but the reality is they are phony and pretend to get your business and once you hire them you are at their mercy. The people that work for them are not all employees. One of the workers told me he was paid under the table, no benefits, only $8.00 an hour, below the minimum wage - beware these people. They will not answer your email when you complain, they hang up on you. They do not give you a written receipt, it is on the computer but it will not print. All I have is the "advance receipt" for $129 - they make you pay in advance, and then again at the destination. Do not trust!!!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I have used this company 3 times in the late 3 years. The 1st experience went fine, 2nd experience they lost my reservation but did manage to get me moved the same day, 3rd experience this weekend they never showed up. 1.5 hours after they were supposed to be there I called and was told their staff was out until 0300 and they were letting them get some sleep. This was not my problem. Another 1.5 hours went by with no phone call. I called and was told the interstate was closed and they didn't know when their staff would be available. My uncle drove from Nashville to help and got there in 1.5 hours. I asked for an hourly update and never received one call. This was totally unacceptable!! We had to move the furniture ourselves with one truck and a trailer, 1 man and 3 women. I will never use this company again.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I would rate this company 0 stars if I could. The movers arrived over 2 hrs late. I had to move into my home at 11oclock at night! Two people showed up when the job was a three person job. The intake person had informed them it was a "personal move", when it clearly was not. They were shocked by the amount of furniture and boxes I had. Communication was obviously nonexistent. Toni, the manager, was rude and unaccommodating. He was very short with me and didn't seem to care at all. Stay away from this company.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I have to admit that I am disappointed in the service I received. First when I brought up the fact of the safe when your guys first showed up. I warned them to wait and they admitted they knew nothing of the job. When I mentioned having the right tools to move the safe in the truck. He said the company was cheap. Then when the safe did fall off the ramp your driver tried to blame me. I have had major back issues. There is no way I'm pushing a large safe up a ramp. I was trying to help make sure they were going straight up the ramp. I do not appreciate Maleke trying to blame me. I am glad he was not hurt seriously. I had to tell them how to get it on the truck, after they failed on their attempt. There are scratches on some furniture as well that I'm just getting to see. Now that I'm putting the furniture in its final positions. They beat up the walls some. I have moved just about every three years and this rates as the worst so far.

When I called to speak with management, he said that some paint should cover it. I did not feel my concern was validated. I had to grease the bars to get the door to open and shut like it did when it was bought not long ago. It was waterproof but I'm not so sure now.The reason we chose your company was the fact that you said it was no problem to move the safe. They fought with the key issue for twenty minutes or better after locked themselves out of their own truck! I helped them try to open it and offered my phone so they could call for assistance. Meanwhile time is money and nothing was being moved once again, as all four were worrying with lock and with Maleke hurting himself that was another fifteen minutes.

I have several friends that are moving soon and I can't recommend your company with what I have gone through so far. When I asked the guys to load the big stuff when the truck was 2/3 full. They assured me it would all fit in the truck. What happened was they had to make another trip. There were only 31 boxes that went on the truck. The rest was furniture - about 40 pieces. All but three pieces of furniture were shrink wrapped before they got there. I think you should invest in better equipment to move large items and training to move large items so your employees are not injured.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I have moved several times. I have never had so many damaged items from a moving company before. My realtor gave me their name not realizing that they had such a terrible history. They gave me a quote. Never finished the job. Told me to rent a U-Haul and move the rest myself. Damaged So many valuable things I'm not sure how I can replace them all? The bed they put together fell and hurt me. When I called them. The GM said he would send guys out immediately to take the heavy headboard piece and lied. No one came. His name is Jensen **. The company over charges. Gets the cash. Ruins your belongings! Then forget trying to get anything settled again. I have never seen any company like this company. Don't use them!!! Be advised! I wish I would have seen this site before I called them too. My friends can't believe the damage they've seen from this move. More people need to be aware of company.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

NOTHING THIS COMPANY TOLD US WAS CORRECT. Our estimate was 1000 lbs off- This was for 3 beds, 2 night stands, 2 indoor chairs, 3 bar stools, 2 Outdoor chairs and 10 boxes. So basically, 1/3 of the weight quoted over our price which our estimator told us was a high estimate! Our movers left over 27 hours ago for a drive that took me 7.5 hours to complete and we still haven't seen them!

The movers told us that the company wouldn't pay for their gas, which they said frequently happens and that was why they were late. Of course, the logistics people have no idea where or when these people started and their arrival time can't be confirmed by anyone in this company. Funny thing is, everyone in the apartment that we moved from and into met their schedules so other companies certainly are capable of hitting their times. We should have read the online reviews or we wouldn't have used them. I hope this saves someone else the headaches we have incurred.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Do not use this company All My Sons Moving. They do not cover the thing they break or damage so them claiming to be insured and bonded does not benefit you at all. They broke my furniture. Scratched it and broke a lamp. All this furniture was less than a year old. Bought it from Restoration Hardware. Delivered to my home and inspected by a designer. Paid big money for this items. All My Sons Moving company were so careless and destructive with the move.

I regret hiring them. It would had been best to hire anyone from Craigslist because All My Sons Moving does not cover for any damages done to your property. They are simply luring people with the claim that they are insured and bonded. Trust me that will not protect your property from them, so them being insured is not even beneficial if they can't cover what they break or damage. I hire them for $139 an hour, they destroyed my property. I'm disgusted with the treatment I have gotten, when I tried to file a claim they act as careless as the crew. Save your money, stress and hire any other company. All My Sons are simply a fraud, careless and will drag your furniture if you are not watching. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

We hired this company because their ad copy said they were a local company and they promised a fair rate in their estimate: "Worst case, $1300." As it turns out, they are based in Texas, not Arizona, and the actual cost of our move ended up being over $3000 for a cross-town move. Additionally, they did not send an adequate size truck for a three bedroom house with garage. They barely got two bedrooms' worth of our items in the truck they sent, not including the bathrooms and garage. They sent a crew of two experienced movers and two trainees instead of the agreed-upon three person team. They claimed it was a bonus that we were getting an extra person for free, as they were only charging us half price for each of the two trainees. The trainees were so bad that the move would have gone faster without them.

Late in the day, in the middle of it all, the team lead had to be switched out for another team lead due to a personal commitment on the first team lead's part. By this time, the truck was getting pretty full, and there was a whole lot left to move. At the point where they ran out of room in the truck, they switched to getting ready to go to the new house. I came back the next afternoon after work to find that any items that they had staged for possible placement in their truck which were not subsequently put in the truck were left in the front yard, instead of being moved back inside or even into the garage. Who knows how much stuff went missing, but there is a lot of stuff that I still cannot find, two months later, including a patchwork quilt that my now-deceased grandmother made for me 40 years ago. I had to go to the house with a 15 foot U-Haul truck twice to finish up myself what they didn't complete, as well as multiple trips by car to pick up fragile items.

They left the house in such a mess, our realtor had difficulty showing our house, which nearly cost us the sale of the house, due to the mess of unused and partially-used packing materials they left throughout the house. Needless to say, once she was informed of what happened, she will not be recommending this company for any of her clients.

At the new house, their crew set the bed frame in our master bedroom and laid the flat, airless Sleep Number mattress on it, and proclaimed the bed 'set up'. The very next day, we called them about the beds. Another crew came, THREE DAYS AFTER THE MOVE, found the pump pieces (which were in some other box, not marked as parts for the bed), and assembled it for us. In the interim, my disabled fiancée and I, and her 75 year old mother who was our guest at the time of the move, all ended up having to sleep on the hard floor.

As we unpacked in the following days, we found food items stuffed into boxes marked fragile, which went moldy and caused us to throw out many of those items. We found boxes marked 'KITCHEN FOOD' in the garage, because, of course, that's where food belongs. We found our butter dish, with butter still in it, inside another box, where it had melted all over the items in that box and ruined a number of them.

We called the company about this, and after several attempts to get through to them, we finally spoke to someone. They're based in Texas, two time zones ahead of us, and apparently don't staff their office past 5pm Texas time, so I had to take time off work to try to get this dealt with. The person we needed to speak to was not available. They promised us the person would call us back the very next day, "to make things right." That was at least 5 weeks ago now. There are not enough expletives in the languages of all of the world that could be added in front of the word 'displeased' to multiply the meaning of 'displeased' to within ten orders of magnitude of how I actually feel about the job they did. Avoid this company at all costs.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

We used All My Sons on the recommendation of a friend. Her moving date was 4-5 days before ours and it went terribly wrong so I called the company to let them know and was assured they would take care of things with us. Elizabeth ** was the estimator on the move and she set up the size truck/number of movers we would need. She was very professional but completely incompetent in her estimations of my friend's home and ours and underestimated both. We had a deadline to be out of our home and they could not fit it all and had to come back the next day and we had to pay extra.

If I had made this review earlier I would have given the workers a better grade because they were courteous and helpful, however, our items were moved to storage and we have just gotten them out after being there for three months. MANY picture frames (and some glass) were broken as were other items. The lead mover constantly talked about how they didn't get paid enough without tips and kept hinting that he needed a bigger tip. We have moved over a dozen times and this has been the worst moving company yet. I do not recommend them at all and I would give them zero stars if possible.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

DO NOT USE THIS MOVING COMPANY! The only good thing I have to say about this company is that the actual crew that showed up on the day of my move were kind and very efficient. However, I was supposed to move on a Tuesday and was given the move in time between 11 and 4pm. I had to take off work this day in order to be there for the mover and because they had such a large time frame. They called me 10 min before 3pm and told me my move was being cancelled because someone got hurt and they didn't have enough movers. Instead of someone from the office calling me, one of the movers called to tell me, so I had to call the office to figure out what was going on. They told me they would call me back once they had figured out if they could find another mover... Waiting until 5pm with no call so I had to call THEM again to make sure they were going to reschedule my move.

I then had to take a second day off work to get moved on Wednesday. After the move, one of my boxes with dishes went missing so I called them to see if they had found it left on the truck or in their warehouse and they responded that they would check and call me back... They of course never called me back. So, yet again, I had to call THEM again and OF COURSE they said they couldn't find it but they would "keep looking" which is already suspicious because if you already checked the truck and your warehouse why would you need to keep looking? Totally do not trust this company and will never use them again.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

Do not use All My Sons Moving Company unless you demand a full disclosure of all the hidden cost that will NOT be explained to you. It cost me $740.00 to move a small 1 bedroom apt of which only furniture was moved. I moved my boxes myself. Also, I ended up having to help them unload my stuff because they were taking too long to move my stuff.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

I had reservation for 8/29/17, window hours 1-4. I received a call from Ben at the company on that day stating his driver had finished a previous job around 10:17 and he could come service me around 11:45. I informed him I was leaving my previous address and moving things to my current address. I wasn't sure if I could make it back I would try and reminded him my window hours. The driver Randy called me about 11am I told him I was unloading my things. He ask me to confirm my address which he had a incorrect address. I verified my address and told him I would call him when I finish.

I called him back about 11:15 advise him I was on my way. He text me back said Ben was sending him on other job and he would call him. I immediately called Ben. He said one of the guys got ill so we would go back to my original time which was 1-4 window time. I said ok. I started calling him every hour asking when was he coming. He promise I would receive service because it wasn't my fault his guy got ill. Which was a lie he never showed up. Eric called me 8/30/17 morning saying they were sorry. I was lost for words and was trying to move I told him to credit my account. I will never use All My Sons again. They overbook service and lie.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Have given much thought to writing this review. Our move from our house to apartment was 3 months ago. All My Sons was recommended to us by our Realtor. We had them out and even though we knew they were on high side decided to go with them, because our estimator made us feel they would do things right and he would personally oversee things. This did not happen and unfortunately the crew we got was careless and unprofessional. Not lazy just careless.

We are understanding, not people that try to find fault with everything. I happened to see them lift my grandfather clock without parts being removed. I ask them to put down and told them we would have Promenade clocks where we purchased come move for us. We did at an expense of another $200 dollars. After move we kept finding damage to our furniture. I told them we could not have been more disappointed and could not believe things were not done as promised. They even came with no bubble wrap to protect anything! We decided to chalk this up to live and learn. I am sure we got the wrong crew and others do a better job. If not this company could not stay in business. An expensive lesson. I could not recommend them because of our experience.

All My Sons Moving Company Information

www.allmysons.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use