2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.36/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

All My Sons Moving & Storage offers local moves in 15 states and long-distance moves to anywhere in the United States. Every move comes with basic valuation insurance, but customers can purchase additional insurance for better coverage. The company also offers packing and unpacking services, temporary storage and packing supplies.

BOTTOM LINE

All My Sons performs long-distance moves to anywhere in the U.S. and local moves in select cities. Local move prices trend low, but the website isn’t transparent on prices.

PROS

• Temporary storage
    • Free packing options
    • Expedited moves

CONS

• Pricing not transparent

Top All My Sons Moving & Storage Reviews We Found

My brother, mom and I were all very pleased with their care and professionalism. Nothing was broken or misplaced. Two years later, when I got married, my husband used them to move from his house to mine and NO problems. We plan to use them again to move into our new home and anticipate the same.

I recently moved to Berlin, NJ and my daughter suggested All My Sons as the movers. The men that moved my furniture were not only on time, but they were kind, courteous and most efficient ... they even placed the furniture for me … Should I move again, I will definitely choose All My Sons.

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About All My Sons Moving & Storage

All My Sons Moving & Storage performs local and interstate moves for homes and businesses. The company also offers packing and unpacking options and temporary storage. All My Sons movers quilt-pad, wrap, dismantle and set up furniture for free. Several consumer reviews mention the convenience of the company’s complimentary furniture setup.

All My Sons Moving & Storage cost

A local move with All My Sons costs an average of $1,000. We’ve seen vastly different estimated costs for interstate moves with All My Sons, ranging from $1,450 for a small, short move to more than $8,000 for a three-bedroom move of 650 miles. Customers who opt for full packing services and additional services — like storage or packing supplies — pay more.

All My Sons Moving & Storage moving services

All My Sons assists with local and long-distance moves for homes and businesses. Customers may opt for additional services for a fee. Every move from All My Sons comes with basic valuation insurance, which covers 60 cents per pound for lost or damaged items.

All My Sons provides the following types of moves:

• Local moves: The company performs local moves in 15 states. Its website has a full, up-to-date list of cities where it does business.
      • Long-distance moves: All My Sons moves people long-distance to anywhere in the U.S. For moves fewer than 500 miles, All My Sons performs same- or next-day service. All My Sons assigns a moving consultant to all long-distance moves.
      • Corporate relocation and commercial moves: All My Sons has experience moving businesses locally and long-distance. Call the company directly for more information on how much a large-scale commercial move costs.

Customers wanting to simplify their move may opt for additional services from All My Sons:

• Storage: All My Sons has climate-controlled storage for short- or long-term needs. These storage facilities have 24/7 security, sprinkler systems, alarm systems and an on-site manager. All My Sons delivers and reassembles furniture and other items from storage.
      • Packing and unpacking: Pay a bit more for All My Sons to pack and unpack all your things for residential or commercial moves. All My Sons has experience packing fragile and bulky items like china, glassware, grandfather clocks, sculptures, artwork and pianos.
      • Packing supplies: All My Sons sells moving supplies, including moving boxes, crates, blankets, pads, packing peanuts, packing foam and tape.

All My Sons Moving & Storage FAQ

Does All My Sons have insurance?
      Yes. Every move with All My Sons comes with basic valuation insurance, which provides 60 cents per pound for lost and damaged items.
      Does All My Sons move fragile items?
      Yes, All My Sons movers have experience moving fragile and antique items.
      Where are local moves available with All My Sons?
      Local moves are only available in select cities. All My Sons’ website has a full, up-to-date list.
      Does All My Sons offer temporary storage?
      Yes. All My Sons has both short-term and long-term storage options.

Is All My Sons Moving & Storage worth it?

All My Sons is worth exploring for people looking to move locally or long-distance. The company isn’t upfront about its pricing, and it doesn’t offer local moves in every city. However, the company makes long-distance moves to anywhere in the country. Several consumer reviews mention All My Sons movers and move coordinators being exceptionally attentive and helpful. If your quote seems fair, All My Sons is worth considering.

All My Sons Moving & Storage Reviews

Original review: March 20, 2020

When my friend's mom gave me a piano, she paid $700 to move it into my home. These guys moved it out along with the rest of my house for a little over $1,000. Yes, that's a little expensive, but they had my entire three bedroom house out and moved in a few hours. I didn't have to haul a washer, go back and haul a dryer, go back and haul a refrigerator. One truck, one time, DONE! The movers were very friendly and nice. I was concerned during the coronavirus that it might delay my moving plans, but it did not. Yes, you get charged for some extra packing material, but have you ever moved not using these things? The extra packing material ensures nothing gets unnecessarily scratched or damaged.

I've had so much stuff scratched from me moving it in my cars. These guys prevented all of that. I was surprised at the amount of stuff I put in boxes that came out of the house. I can see how a quote might be lower because you wind up moving more than you realize, but I was initially quoted a little higher and the final price wasn't as much. I can't complain. This made the move from one house to another so easy as everything was set up in my new house by lunch (aside from unpacking boxes but we color coded the masking tape so the right boxes are in the right rooms). This was totally worth the money. I will absolutely use these guys again. Especially if you're dealing with a piano, use them!

Original review: March 2, 2020

We used All My Sons Moving & Storage to move a complete apartment that was completely over-run with junk. It would have been a very daunting challenge for any company, but Andres and Eduardo ("Eddie") from All My Sons Moving & Storage were simply terrific. They stayed focused on the task at hand and did just a superb job. I would not hesitate to use All My Sons Moving & Storage again and would request Andres and Eddie if they were available. Jim

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

All My Sons of Raleigh provided us with an experienced and professional group of men to move us from Pittsboro, NC to Chesterfield, MO. They showed respect for our belongings, worked hard to keep our stress levels in check and kept to the promised schedules for packing, driving and unpacking. Our belongings arrived in excellent condition. The office support system was excellent and responsive. I would highly recommend them to my friends.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Our move was amazing! This was a few years ago but we moved from Manhattan to Santa Monica because I just can't deal with pigeons. Like, no joke it is a full-on phobia. The movers were so professional about everything I barely gave them a second thought. They actually beat us to our new home because I stopped to visit my sister in Lima, Ohio on the drive for a few days. I put the movers up in a nice hotel near our home until we got there and then had them unload everything.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

When I used All My Sons moving company I found the work of packing and moving didn't take half as long as me by myself. The 2 guys who were sent to me were courteous and attentive. I felt I was able to relax a little and trusted their judgment. Nothing ended up broken or missing so it worked out great. The price was a bit high but the service was more than worth it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about All My Sons Moving & Storage?

Original review: May 25, 2020

I hired All My Sons for loading up 2 containers I was having shipped. There were 3 separate issues. 1) The quote I was given stated hourly rates, packing supplies and a fuel charge. When they gave me the invoice on leaving my house the Fuel charge had been increased by 11X. I called and stated that didn't match what I had been told as I was not using their truck and there was no fuel to be used. The person on the phone said it was a general charge that covered insurance and other costs. I went back and found the quote and sent it to both the local office and the corporate office and showed where the charge was clearly stated and that I expected a return of the overage. No response was received.

2) The team estimated the time they would need for packing and sent the invoice for signature. Upon leaving (which was a 1/2 earlier than estimated) the person in charge confirmed they would be refunding the over charged amount. When I had not received a credit on my account I sent an email to both the local and corporate offices - no response.

3) This is the worst. I paid the team to load and pack my containers. During the time they were packing I had to remind them several times to place the hardware for assembly of the furniture (screws/bolts/nuts) with the piece of furniture so that upon arrival it would be able to be assembled. When they left, I went through the house and found 3 separate places where half the hardware was left on the floor. I have moved several times in the last few years - each time the crews have wrapped all my furniture pieces and while there have been minor scrapes nothing major.

When I looked in the containers - the majority of my wood furniture was not wrapped in blankets to protect it (I have photos I shared), bed pieces were thrown on top of each other with no cushion in between, 600 lb stone table was placed on top of fragile wood pieces and NOTHING was secured. In addition, they had ripped the weather-stripping off of the solid front wood door, leaving holes and damage and said NOTHING about doing it. It was repairable but something that they should have acknowledged they did.

When my furniture arrived 1.5 weeks later the crew whom was unpacking it opened the containers and the first question they asked me was if I packed it myself. When I responded no, they were shocked that a moving company had packed that way and at the number of items that were not wrapped and thrown into the container.

I carefully photographed the containers before they were unloaded and as each items damage was evident, took a picture. All the pieces that were not wrapped had deep gouges and scratches on them. One piece had a door broken in half, my box spring had a rip down the middle and piece of frames were missing. My upholstered furniture had tears in it, the bed that had the heavy table on it had a split base. In total 2 beds, a bench, a dresser, shelves, a nightstand, 1 desk, 1 couch and an entertainment center were deeply scratched.

I wanted to be reasonable in my request for damages for the furniture so for the worst of the scratches I asked a repair place what it would cost to repair. I did not ask for full replacement and for some of the items (such as the box spring, or the back of the bunkbed where the broken piece could not be seen) where I could live with the damage I didn't ask. The full estimate for repairing the damage was under $2000.

The response I received was that while they were apologetic for the inconvenience they didn't think their team's horrible packing job had resulted in the damage and offered a small amount for that. Their stance was it could have been caused by the shipping of the containers from one place to another. This is why I sent pictures so they could clearly see that the furniture was literally thrown in the container and not properly wrapped. Had it been properly wrapped and secured it would not have been damaged by the slight movement of shipping.

I've worked with 5 different movers in the last 6 years and have never seen such shoddy workmanship. There were more than enough blankets to properly wrap my items and the price of this company was higher than some of the others. It was EXTREMELY disappointing to see such a poor quality job and to not see the company take accountability for their actions.

Original review: May 11, 2020

My experience has, unfortunately, been the same as everyone else including holding my possessions hostage for payment, their “bait & switch” business model, items poorly packed, or not packed at all. I have moved 6 times in 40 years using a moving company, and have NEVER been asked for final payment until the job was done. Actually, I have never been asked for payment on the spot at all. I have always been billed. I also have never experienced such poor customer service in ANY industry.

I also just had the opportunity to meet one of my new neighbors. The idiots from the truck filled up her trash can! They couldn’t have mistaken it for mine as they left mine at the other house along with my patio furniture, gas grill (no tank), my bistro set on the porch and two huge area rugs. So now how am I supposed to get those to the new house??? I plan on legal action, so I’m not going to go into too much other detail here. I AM going to put them through the wringer.

Original review: April 25, 2020

I was comparing prices for an upcoming move. While researching companies, moving companies “magically” appeared as ads on FB. The add said I could receive a free quote from area movers. I requested a quote, 20 mins later, I received a call from All My Sons moving company in Newport News. I spoke with Melissa and I expressed explicitly my desire for professional movers & desired price point. I informed her of an awesome experience I had in 2016 (unfortunately, this company is no longer in business) & she assured me that she would try her best to meet my price expectations. I told her, I would still need to read the reviews for AMS, before making a decision. She stated that the bad reviews were prior to the management change & she persuaded me by offering a $100 off my total price. Convinced; I agreed.

Now the day of my move, I was never given a time that the movers were coming. I called at 11:42am to inquire. I was told the driver would call me 30 mins in advance. At 12pm, I received a call stating the movers anticipate the current move to end before 2pm and they were already in VA Beach & they will be en route afterwards. 2pm came & went, I called AMS at 3:40 to inquire. I was told the movers had to drive from VA Beach to Newport News to drop off one of the movers. The movers finally arrive at 4:40. They start moving at 5:00. By 5:30, I hear a loud crash. They broke my 55inch tv.

Now to the billing, AMS charge a fuel charge, was $130. Travel time charge is flat fee of $109. $52 materials charge. WELL ABOVE quoted price of under $400. With those fees alone, there was NO way to meet my requested price point. For a total of $836 (that’s including the $100 discount). It was later discovered that AMS broke my second 55inch tv. This company is disgraceful & dishonest. They lure customers in with empty promises & a discount! Only to damage property & charge exorbitant prices!

Original review: April 23, 2020

Total rip off. They are not transparent with their prices. I was charged for things I did not receive then argued with when I told person on phone I did not get them. He took it off only after speaking to movers. No covid safety practice by movers as advertised. I had prepacked boxes and a few small pieces of furniture going from a garage to storage unit. I am 4 miles from their office and 3 miles to storage unit so in total 8 miles. The move start to finish time was one hour and 11 minutes. For this I was charged 422.00. I was charged hour drive time plus a fuel surcharge while gas here is a dollar thirty a gallon. 2 hours minimum which I can agree with.

No idea what the rest of the charges were since they ran my card before telling me the cost and I never got a complete itemized receipt. Hiring day labor off the street would have been a better choice. They were fast and the actual movers nice but that was a very expensive hour and 11 minutes. Next time I will look for honest local mover who needs a job, good reference and repeat business. I would say stay away. I rarely if ever give a review. This was just ridiculous.

Original review: April 11, 2020

Horrible. Complete rip off. Spent more money doing nothing. They filled our truck 3/4 full. Left my 300 year old mahogany dining room table on another floor and never went back to get it. Of course we did not realize until we got to our new home 900 miles away. Rude. Lazy. Then customer service only offered $150 for an $8,000 table. DO NOT EVER USE THEM! They charged us for travel time to our house to move from. 4 hours of work costs us $1500. Insane. If I could broadcast this on the news I would. Complete sham. All I can say is Karma baby.

All My Sons Moving & Storage Company Information