1.09/5
Based on 82 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Discover the right moving company for you

690 All My Sons Moving Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 20, 2018

My wife and I are in the process of selling our home and moving 65 miles away. A sales rep from AMSM came out to the house last week and looked at the contents (almost half of our belongings had already been moved to our new home) and gave my wife an estimated quote that seemed reasonable. He assured my wife that they had a truck that would be big enough to move everything. They came on time on June 18 and packed the truck. The only problem was that the truck wasn't big enough. We still had 25% of our belongings in our house after the moving truck was full. When my wife went to pay she was told that the price was 20% higher than what was quoted and they didn't even move all of our belongings! I got on the phone and called the sales rep. He gave me line of BS and told me to call the office. I called the office and they told me to call the sales rep.

Three times the office mgr said he would call me right back and he never did. I had to call him and he gave me a line of BS. He said he would try to have a truck pick up the rest of our stuff in a few days. It was a good thing we weren't closing until next week. I still hadn't heard from the office by the end of the day. I called the office first thing on June 19 and the manager told me "I haven't forgotten you". After numerous phone calls including one from the sales rep who said "I think we can get a truck out to your house today and it will cost you a couple of hundred dollars." I didn't think we should have to pay anything but I was desperate to have my house emptied so I agreed.

The truck arrived and my house was emptied and everything was delivered to our new home. The driver then gave me a bill for over $1000 that was approx a 50% increase over the original price quoted to my wife the week before. I called the office and told them I wasn't paying that amount. I also told them that I was filing a complaint with the BBB and the Attorney General's office in MA. I felt that we had been deliberately misled about the cost of the move and that their operation bordered on fraud and deception. I would NEVER do business with AMSM again. If you are considering hiring them I would strongly suggest you look elsewhere. It was a terrible experience.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I moved from Georgia to Ohio. I had previously used All My Sons to move from North Carolina to Georgia and it was great. I called them 60 days ahead of my planned move date. I paid in full once they came up with an amount. The move date was 5-24. I admit at the time I did not realize that would be Memorial Day Weekend. A week before the move date I called to verify everything and was told they may not be able to unload on 5-25 as planned but should be able to do it Saturday morning. I said that was fine. 2 days before the move I get a call from AMS informing me that they would be arriving to pick up in the early afternoon of the 24th and they also confirmed that they would be driving to Ohio on the 25th and unloading on the 26th.

At 2:30 pm on the 24th I had not heard from or seen anyone so I called to see what was going on. I was told they were on the way. At 4 pm still hadn't heard from anyone or seen anyone so I called again. I explained that I had to be out by 6 to be able to walk the unit with the manager. I was assured they were just around the corner. The crew arrived at 4:45 pm. I told them we had to get it done in an hour and I was amazed that they got it done. They asked me about delivering the next day and I told them I thought they were delivering Saturday. They got together to call their boss while I went to get the apt manager. On 5-25 I called to verify they were coming the next day and was told they would be there by noon.

At 1:30 pm they had not arrived or called. So I called them. I spoke to John and he told me I needed to understand that traffic was bad due to the Holiday. I pointed out they had told me the crew would be driving to Ohio on Friday not Saturday and I asked where they were. They had just gotten to Lexington Kentucky. I was told they would be there in 3 hours. At 5 pm no one had shown up or called, so I again called to find out what was going on. This time I spoke to Terrence and he informed me the crew was almost there. He also stated that there had been an issue with the truck on Friday and that was why they did not leave then. The crew finally arrived at 8 pm after it had stormed for over an hour (prior to that it had been sunny all day).

I asked them about the issue on Friday and they laughed, then told me they were given another job to do on Friday and it took longer than expected and that was they didn't leave as planned. They then proceeded to rush to get all of my things unloaded, tracked mud and water all over my carpet, broke a bookcase and a dresser (to be fair they were on their last legs already but all they said was it broke). They even brought me some items that weren't mine and when I pointed it out, they said, "What you don't want them?" They rushed me to sign and left. It wasn't until three days later when I went to take a TV out of a box and discovered it was broken. An obvious impact area with cracks running all over the upper corner of the 55 inch Samsung TV.

I called to report the issue and was given a bunch of forms to fill out and send back in. I told the same story I'm telling here and added that in my opinion the TV was most likely broken due to the crew rushing to load and unload the truck after arriving so late. The TV was 5 years old and I was not expecting to get the 500 I paid for the TV back but I was thinking 200 to 250. They offered me 60 dollars. I am now looking for an attorney to see what my options are. I would recommend using alternate sources for moving if you can, not so much because of the TV more about the lack of professionalism, lateness, the fact that they lied to me outright as well.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2018

This was my first time working with All My Sons, and I wouldn't wish this experience on anyone. They are definitely a 0/5 stars company. I needed a standard-sized couch moved from the second-story of a home in Arlington to a third-story apartment in Grapevine. I was quoted $159. The movers arrived late, which is not a surprise, but really - for the first move of the day? I was given a start time between 8:00 a-9:00 a, and one of the movers called at 8:52 a saying they were on their way and were 15 minutes out.

Before signing any paperwork, two of the movers already had my couch down the stairs, but not after damaging one of the walls in my parents' home. No apology was given, just a swift, "Somebody talked to you about our liability, right?" To which I answered, "No." It must be nice to move other people's belongings knowing that you would not be responsible for any damages to homes or furniture.

At this point, I wasn't expecting my couch to fare well. 50 MINUTES later, they arrive at my apartment complex (there was no traffic on any routes to the apartment). I tried not to wince too hard as the same two movers moved my couch up the stairs. I had to pay for a third mover "so they could be insured", and the most the third mover did was place his hand on my couch for five seconds "helping" the other two up the stairs. My couch, of course, suffered minor damage as well - although no acknowledgment was given since the two movers rushed out of the apartment as soon as they could. Then, came the surprise of a lifetime.

The third mover told me that my total came to $543. I could not and still cannot believe all the fees and charges from this company. I could've bought a brand new couch and had that couch delivered for free! I will never have All My Sons near any of my property again, and I'm hoping this review can prevent people from making the mistake I made.

Original review: June 18, 2018

The household move was going very slow so they can make the move take longer. They never called me till they were at the storage and that is when they started their time, it took me another 10 minutes to get there. Then halfway through the move they stopped for 15 minutes. They call the move in and came back with them wanting to charge me over 2 hundred dollars more than I agreed on. Then they just started packing up and told me I will have to pay them to get my furniture. I talk to the dispatcher and she dropped the price 1 hundred dollars and told me she was doing me a favor, Thanks. The movers were not that greatest either. They almost dropped several items. I had to help several times.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I had a moving quote for $250.00 to move 2 king headboards and a TV stand for 0.25 mile distance. They promised to beat the rate. After delivery they told me it took them 3 hours to move 0.25 miles. And charged me $435.00. The worst company out there. I will fight the charges and will never recommend anyone to use this scammers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about All My Sons Moving?

Original review: June 17, 2018

This company is the biggest "con" & "scam"! How are the Dallas Cowboys letting them use their name on the trucks and in advertisements. Jerry Jones you need your attorneys on this ASAP. I've had much better experiences with people who live under the freeway bridges moving by belongings at $10.00 an hour! I am 100% disabled, with broken neck and back. These 3 twenty-somethings were on their 1st and 2nd day on the job. They were slow, reckless and not qualified for any move. They put my stuff in the largest storage unit @ $300.00 a month, throwing everything in like a football. Broke and destroyed my very expensive one of kind items. Came back to the 2 bedroom apt, that had 1 bed and dresser and a partial garage of boxed up stuff. It was a total disaster. They stole the garage clicker, so I wouldn't see all the stuff they left! Then the apartment was atrocious, so much more to move all by myself with no friends or family.

They had the hugest 26' ft. truck with the grandma's attic above the cab. These trucks are meant for 4 bedroom houses. They left me with days worth of moving the things they left behind, and into another storage unit @ $150.00 a month. Then they had the nerve to try and charge me over $1,500.00! Plus extra charges on the apartment cause I was out on the 1st, also having to sleep on floor! I called every day trying to get some customer service, to no avail. It was just one big joke to them.

Everybody who gets screwed over by this company, needs to help put them out of business. Call your banks and stop payments making sure to gather all your evidence and witnesses, then take them to Small Claims Court at least depending on how much is damaged and stolen. My husband is also 100% Combat Disabled Veteran, who was in the hospital recovery from The V.A. Healthcare system that nearly killed him from their negligence and malpractice. He could not believe what they did to us. Now, we are getting ready to try figure out who can help us with this ginormous mess and help us move to Austin. NEVER, EVER HIRE THIS COMPANY and if you did put a complaint in with the BBB and Chamber of Commerce too! I have included a few of the 40+ pictures to go along with my Tale of Woe and Warning!!!

Original review: June 2, 2018

Do not use All My Sons moving. We made arrangements with the company and had them scheduled to arrive at a certain time two weeks prior. They then changed their schedule and added another move before ours which caused us to be delayed in moving for a day (which we were never told). Then there are so many hidden costs: tape, boxes, saran wrap that were never mentioned (by the manager David). They never sent an estimator to our house. Also they have a policy of weight limit for the truck that we were never told (by David) so at the last second we had to purchase a U-Haul trailer which was never offered to be reimbursed.

Then there was a per diem charge for our move that was never mentioned (by David). We never received an official contract or pamphlet explaining our rights and responsibilities. Then there was a labor transportation charge added that was never mentioned (by David). Overall this was a racket that takes advantage of people. The moving team was great and recognized that we were taken advantage of. The management of the Memphis office is terrible and inexperienced and will take your money and hold your stuff hostage until you pay. There is no accountability in the office as David broke protocol during the entire process.

Original review: May 30, 2018

First of all the 3 young movers were awesome. Move took 7hrs. Cost was over $1400 (just two beds and dressers, no living room or dining room and no appliances). The company did not call me all day, arrival was scheduled for 1pm, called company and said they will be there around 3pm. They arrived at 6pm. At the second stop they told my girlfriend that their Boss said they had to be back by midnight and could not finish the move. I called him and said, "I froze my account until you finished the job". He had an attitude, he called me back and said they will be done by 1AM, with the move. I paid the amount.

The next morning I found out items were left at the house and all over clothes. He took the money and the job was not done. Call customer care and she referred me to the same guy, I told her why would I even talk to him. He was the only to talk to, so my girlfriend ended up making over 8 trips to finish the move. On the site all they show is the 5 star reviews. Very misleading. Took my money without finishing the job after we discussed this on the phone.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Horrifying from beginning to end. Presented as a one day move...took two. Never finished...left half a garage of items. Never returned as committed. Management and customer service was polite yet less than effective. Move to storage unit...packaging was very unprofessional. Many items were broken or damaged. I would never hire or recommend this company.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Do not use this company. They will nickel and dime you to death. I was given a quote and it was almost doubled. They used huge boxes for small items and filled empty spaces with excessive packing material. I can understand that a quote is a quote, but to be off by almost $3000 is something else. JUST DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!

Original review: May 27, 2018

Was supposed to have 3 men show up at 1 pm. Finally, 2 men showed up at 5:45 pm. They practically threw my stuff on the truck. We left Royse City at 8:40 pm and arrived at my house at Lake Tawakoni at 9:30. They did not leave until 11:45; nearly midnight. Next day, discovered the damage they did. They cracked my big screen TV. They broke 2 of the handles on my stainless steel, side by side refrigerator, plus put dents in the doors. They broke a wall clock. On one if the bed frame platforms, they lost one of the wheels on the frame. They propped it up with a brick. They told me to look for the wheel in the yard in the morning.

When I called customer care, the rep said it would take 30 days for them to file a complaint. I asked him if I was supposed to go 30 days without a TV. His reply, "well, that is up to you." I am a 70 year old widow. I use a cane, or walker most of the time. I cannot walk in the yard looking for a piece of my furniture they lost. I packed my entire house on my own. I paid good money for these clowns to move me. I have never been treated with this much disrespect.

Original review: May 24, 2018

RUN! Do not walk...RUN away from this disrespectful crew of "barely legal" children that will show up and trash your belongings. ABSOLUTELY NO RESPECT FOR MY ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE BELONGINGS. Threw my belongings into a heap at the storage locker. Broke many of things (my deceased mother's antiques, dining room cabinet, that I BEGGED them to be careful with, BROKEN). Had a whole dolly of antique glassware fall over (while they were unloading). The mover that is clearing this locker says that a few of the BOX MOUNTAINS fell over on their own. Oh and then the little boy (mover) begs a freaking tip off of me while I was in storage office paying for rents. Well a picture is worth a thousand words so...just look at the pics.

RUN...Run fast and run far. Run away from this disrespectful group of children sent to do the work of adults. Oh and when I called to level my complaint I was met by some MORON that just could not wrap his head around. My printer is in that load idiot and I have no way to print a complaint form. Kept telling him to MAIL it to me. He kept saying "if you are going to yell at me". I was not yelling at him I was attempting INSTRUCTION...something that none of the people in this corporation know anything about. Kept INSTRUCTING that moving crew to "be careful", "let me get a blanket for that table" (table out the door and onto the truck before I returned with it), "PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WITH THAT DINING ROOM CABINET"...all INSTRUCTIONS that fell on deaf ears. RUN.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Was looking for a mover for my 600 sq ft apartment. I called around to All My Sons and a few others to get some quotes. A different company told me they charge a flat rate of 250 and they had a 2 hour minimum and there would be a 100 travel fee. $600 and change I thought? No waaay! So I called the next name on the list...All My Sons. Person who answered read some cheesy ** script that said something to the effect of “welcome to All My Sons Moving. I’m so and so. Thank you for joining our family.” I should’ve known right then and there. But I proceeded to ask him about my apartment, told him I had 4 items of furniture and that was it. He told me no problem, it will be 159/hour and that he was sure it wouldn’t take longer than an hour (mind you he planned to send 3 men).

So the week of the move comes, I remember the guy saying that someone would call me a week before the move to confirm a time. It was Wednesday and we moved on Saturday. So I gave them a call, a different cheesy employee welcomed me to the family, asked for my info to look me up and told me to hold on so he can ask for the coordinating manager. Of course they were “busy” and he told me the dude or dudette would “call me right back”. Shocker: Friday at around 1 someone called me and told me the time would be 8:30. I was actually glad they gave me an early time. They’ll be done by 9:30 and head to the new apartment (EXACTLY 10 minutes away) so shouldn’t be much associated with travel time and then however long it takes them to unload. It’s just drop and go. But let’s be fair and say an hour to unpack.

That’s 2 hours at $159 and whatever they charge for travel (this very pertinent info wasn’t shared with me until after they had arrived at the new location with all of my things packed). Oh and they make you put down $100 beforehand and they tell you it will go towards the final price. Ha! Anywho, so I’m thinking alright 159x2=318 and even if they charge $80 for travel or “gas” (for a literal 13 mile trip) I will still be coming in at around $400. And although that sucked, what was I going to do? I had little to no reliable resources to move an apartment of crap from a 3rd Floor apartment to a 3rd Floor apartment. So that day they arrive, seem hungover, the gentleman who handled the paperwork (Tyree I believe) seemed 3 sheets to the wind, but they did a run through, made me sign some vague paperwork and started packing.

An hour and a half later they leave for the new place (after asking if my new apartment was also on the 3rd Floor and then proceeded to scoff and roll his eyes). I sent my boyfriend to the truck because duh, divided we conquer ;) ...bad idea lol. He texts me from the new apartment “500”... I was in shock. Who? What? Where? When? Why? I called him and to my dismay it was true. They charged me 159 for “2.45” as it was explained to me so that is $437.35 + ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY NINE dollars for a literal 13 mile drive...and mind you I already paid $100 deposit so really I paid 600 some too many dollars which was poorly quoted, wrongfully executed and in my opinion criminal. Will willingly insert my opinion and probably recite or refer to this story verbatim for years to come. Screw you All My Sons!

Original review: May 22, 2018

The move was scheduled for 8am, at 9:15 am I called because nobody showed up. They claimed a computer glitch. Just a couple days before I confirmed the 8am move with someone who claimed to be one of the owners. They finally showed up 4.5 hours late. The move for my 86 year old mother in a 1 bedroom apt was suppose to be about $400 yet in the end it took 7 hours even with me helping carry boxes and furniture. They charged me over $750! They never even apologized nor did they respond to my reply when they asked for feedback. I would never recommend this company based on the experience I had and their total lack of response to feedback. They are hard sell upfront and say what you want to hear, then total let down. Avoid them.

Original review: May 21, 2018

This company moved my belongings from Petersburg, Va to a storage unit then a desk to where I would reside located in Richmond, VA. They damaged my belongings, I believe they just threw some things into the storage unit, and piled it as high as possible in the corner of the storage unit where I couldn’t inventory the items. By the time we arrived to my last location in Richmond there were things still on the truck that should have went into the storage unit, and when I stood inside the truck I found items hiding under and between blankets.

One particular item went on the front of the truck but somehow ended up in the rear corner of the truck under blankets. I asked several times if I needed to watch and supervise. The lead guy said no at least five times, but still performed questionable work. Without my knowing, the lead guy had unpacked my work unit and operates the equipment causing me to lose work! What I needed was piled on the very top of the pile in the storage unit. Watch them, and do your own math! Look at what they did to the few things I had! I had a storage unit that all they had to do was line everything up against the wall.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I have done a lot of moving over the past 10 years and have dealt with a lot of moving companies. My husband and I frequently have moved stuff in and out of my condo to a storage unit for our tenants. We should’ve listened to the reviews we read! We have never had a company estimate a price and then try and double it upon arrival! What makes it worse is we made a $100 deposit that we were told was to reserve a time slot at 12pm. At 12:05 my husband called and they said it would be at least 2pm. This was frustrating because we received a call the previous week and my husband called back and was told someone would call him back, but no one did! They tried to blame their bad service on us for not trying to continue to call back! Wait what? We have to follow up with you after we already followed up with you? This is insane.

Not only did they not show up at 2, but we had to keep calling them and the dispatcher would say they were en route and would call us... No call! We called back a few more times when we still hadn’t heard from them. Mind you we don’t live at this location so we are just there waiting all day because they keep saying they will be there soon... At 4pm I called and said we needed to be done by 6 and had planned to be done by 2pm. I explained I have worked with a ton of companies and while 15-30 min can be expected that 4pm was ridiculous. They said they would get a discount.

We realized things seemed shady and upon arrival we noticed the older man and the driver smelled of alcohol right away. I told him I wanted a quote before they loaded the truck because I was beginning to believe some of the reviews. He came back with double the price we were quoted. We got on the phone with the manager who refused to budge on price. He did not hold his company to a high enough standard to stand by what they promised us. When we chose to go with them we knew we only had a few items and they could move in an hour and then they charge an hour of travel and we confirmed it would be around $300 and she said yes.

My husband is very level headed and I have never seen him so angry. After getting nowhere with the manager we told the guys to put everything back and sent the truck home. Do you know how bad a company has to be to wait 4 hours for a mover and then reject them because they are so dishonest and you refuse to work with a company like that? Please take our advice and take these reviews to heart. We typically take them with a grain of salt, but we are regretting it now. There were 2 younger gentleman with the driver, who smelled of alcohol, and they were 100% apologetic and professional. They really wanted to get the job done for us. It’s unfortunate they work for such a crooked company. I would’ve hired them on the side if I could’ve.

Original review: May 17, 2018

We booked a moving date a month in advance, we received confirmation, we called them every hour all afternoon of the time they were to arrive. They did not show, wouldn’t return my calls, I finally reached Edward and he informed me that they couldn’t come and hung up on me. They left my daughter and myself stranded. We slept on the floor. They are liars and the rudest most unprofessional bunch I’ve ever encountered! Do not use this company!

Original review: May 12, 2018

My wife and I used All My Sons Moving. They told us they were going to stop and eat. We said we would meet them at our house because they had already made one trip. They just unloaded our stuff under the carport and told us they had to leave. We paid them along with a sizable tip. We started unpacking and noticed we had a lot of things missing. They basically robbed us when they stopped to eat. We were missing many valuables worth over 5,000 dollars. We tried to collect from them to no avail.

We tried to sue but they had a small phrase at the bottom of the moving contract that said they were only responsible for belongings up to 325 dollars and had to sign a paper that we couldn't say anything about what happened to anyone. That's been over 3 years ago and I am still very angry. I wish I could give them a negative five stars but can't. Every so often we still run across missing items that they stole. If people are smart they should stay away from these thieves. We lost so much sentimental items that can never be replaced. I hate them for what they did to my family.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Do not use this company!!! They use several tactics to waste time and add more charges to your bill!!! They are all in on it!!! I overheard their boss yelling (on the phone) at them because they unloaded my truck in less than the projected time (30 mins vs 90 mins) - I helped them unload the truck once I caught on to their tactics.

Here are some tactics they use:
    1) On the day of your move they tell you that they don’t have a 2-person crew in your area but they have a 3-person crew, and they don’t know if they’ll have a 2-person crew available that day (they do this so you panic and request the 3-person crew, costing you more $$$).
    2) They called me at 12:06 pm they were outside but they started counting at 12:00 pm.
    3) They came upstairs without any moving materials/equipment just to look at my apt and then went back down to get the moving materials.

4) They try to wrap everything (including things that clearly do not need to be wrapped).

5) They walk and work extremely slowly.
    6) They pack your stuff close to the doors of the truck so that it would look like it's hard to close and they need to re-arrange your stuff.
    7) They forget stuff in the back of their truck purposely just so they could reopen the truck and get it out.
    8) They bring their own materials (like packing tape) and overcharge you for them in the end, without asking you in the first place.
    9) They do not care about you, all they care about is maximizing the moving time.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, YOU'LL REGRET USING THIS COMPANY - ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE NOT AN ASSERTIVE PERSON.

Original review: April 17, 2018

70 year old who hasn't moved in 22 years who trusted this company. They called the afternoon before my move to tell me that I had to pay extra for 3 guy to move my 2 rooms and boxes (no appliances or sofa) or they wouldn't be able to move me on the scheduled date. They showed up 2 hours early without calling ahead. I had to pay the extra fee for their 2 1/2 hours travel time. When I complained, the lead driver stayed on the phone with the office for 20 minutes. He said that I would be refunded $81 and had me sign a signature page. That evening I got an email showing me that the signature page was for the original price. Clearly, they lied about the refund to obtain a signature. Very sleazy.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Liars and thieves. Quoted one price. Then said they tried to contact me which they never did. Day of move tried to change quote to 2 and 1/2 times the amount. And they could have cared less when I got upset. This was the Richmond branch. Do not use them. You will regret it!!!

Original review: April 15, 2018

ZERO STARS! I had an appointment scheduled for today at 6:30 pm. I received a call from their office, changing the time to 7 pm. They never showed and called me at 8 to tell me "no one would ever be coming to my house to do an assessment". When I asked why I was told to be ready, JOHN was aggressive and rude and told me among other explicatives, "I don't know what you're ** talking about!" When I tried to explain the earlier phone call from his office, he began yelling at me over the phone and told me to "Go find another moving company." (No problem there!?) I wouldn't believe all the great reviews you see here. They couldn't even get the assessment right. If I could have given NEGATIVE STARS, I would. Check the reviews. 25% ZERO STARS. That pretty terrible for any company. DONT HIRE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: April 6, 2018

All CDs throw into box with headphones wires, boombox on top of my Lexia which was not put into its original box, on top was an open water container with water spilling all over my electronics. Notebook jammed into box on top of everything else. All boxes not marked. Unloaded in complete disarray, filled two of two bedrooms, living room and storage shed in absolutely no regard for trying to clear out. I paid 1900.00 dollars for a mess. Am 71 years old, single with two bad knees. I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER.

Original review: April 3, 2018

NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!!! I scheduled my move 6 weeks in advance because I had a specific timeline. My significant booked as well. Booking process was easy. However... on his moving day, after sitting for several hrs waiting they were a no show. Said they weren't coming. They assured him they would be there 900 AM Easter Sunday to make up for it. 1030 AM they arrive with 2 people instead of the scheduled 3, took the ENTIRE day to load 1/2 of a 1 bedroom apt. When they left to head to our new house the truck broke down. 2-3 hours later they towed their crap equipment to our house and then towed it away again. Did not leave until 4AM Monday morning.

Did I mention they charged for $600 in overtime that the employees said they do not get paid a dime of? Nickel and dimes to death. 1 bedroom apt nightmare cost $1700!!! Staff is rude, unprofessional and flat out awful to deal with. My move was scheduled 9 AM Monday. Surely they couldn't screw up again. Phone call at 815 AM telling me the crew is sick and they aren't coming and they had no idea when they could. After 2 hrs of zero communication and zero apologies, I fired them and found another service. If I could give negative stars, I would. Disgusted!!!

Original review: April 2, 2018

If I could give a negative star, I would. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! They quoted my in-laws $400 for their move, after 4 hours of us pushing their workers to get the job done, their quote changed to $1400 and they refused to even open the truck to let my in laws get medication out unless they were paid. They then stated they charge for the wrap, tape, etc. and this was why the huge difference (never mind they didn’t wrap anything and everything was packed ourselves). They openly admitted they did not give my parents the correct quote, but it was our problem. Boxes were not stacked stable, so we could’ve even walk into the garage, they were throwing boxes down the stairs, furniture was damaged, etc. Never again!

Original review: March 28, 2018

Received a early morning pickup time. They arrive after 1 pm. Movers refused to move pulley weight machine 200 lbs. This item I ask about prior to hiring or I would have used a company that would. Movers would not move paintings and lamps. Said were too fragile and they couldn't be responsible. Supervisor said would call and give a price adjustment. Never called.Terrible service. Very misleading.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I would give a zero rating if I could, quoted us a price of $500.00 for an estimated 4 hour job to move an 85 year old relative on a F income, they arrived 2 hours late & took multiple breaks. When they finally got everything moved into place that $500.00 quote turned into $947.00. I told them I didn't know how they could sleep at night ripping off the elder like these, I also told them we would never be using their service again. DO NOT USE THESE JERKS, they take advantage of the elderly!!!

Original review: March 12, 2018

BAIT AND SWITCH!!! BE CAREFUL CHOOSING THIS COMPANY!!! I just wanted EVERYONE know that I was really disappointed with my move. I was quoted a lot cheaper from other companies, but I chose yours because I was given this amazing demonstration on how much care was going into my move and how All My Sons was a family company. I especially liked that my house would be protected and that my things would be treated as if they were their own. I was given a quote for 4 people originally and after discussing how that was outside of my budget, was given a reasonable estimate that would only include 3 movers. I was reassured that there would be 2 men moving and one in the truck organizing to make things more productive and that all my things would get moved in the time allotted.

We decided to wrap our furniture ourselves. We got rid of multiple items including the large dining table and 8 chairs, the buffet, a barbeque, and a large shoe rack closet. We also broke down all the furniture with the exception of the master bed. I asked that if I took out items from the move if it would be cheaper and I was told that it was. Or that if I had extra boxes, they could take those in place. Neither of these things took place and I was still charged the same. The movers stated they finished a little early, but I was not credited any money. The movers that moved took a really long time because there was only one person moving (at a slow pace) and two people that stayed in the truck for most of the move.

I've moved multiple times and have never seen movers leave almost the entire labor up to one person. Then I was also charged material fees even though we wrapped most of our own so they didn't wrap them and they didn't even use mattress bags to move our mattresses even though I specifically asked for that. I was charged $85 for this service that really was only used to wrap a couple of items and provide a cardboard protection for my TVs. My computer table, the couches, all of the beds, and the outdoor furniture were not wrapped at all. I was told that all my furniture would be wrapped to protect from travelling and sliding around just in case. Then at my home, the carpet, the door jamb protectors, and the staircase protection was not used either.

I am extremely disappointed because I just moved 3 years ago with Warren Movers and I paid less and I felt like the movers cared a lot more about my things. I only chose All My Sons because I was so impressed with the demonstration that really was not even implemented in my move and the fact that it could be less than what was quoted, if we took some steps to speed the process. So even with everything we did in advance (including eliminating a fair amount of furniture that would need to be moved), they still didn't take any of the boxes, they didn't take time to protect our home or furniture, and we still had to pay the same amount.

I wouldn't even feel so unsatisfied if I felt that they were working really hard and just genuinely ran out of time, but I had movers moving multiple large appliances that same day from Best Buy and they did such an amazing job, working hard and fast and time did not even matter in their case. They also cared about how they moved my furniture in my home, being careful not to drag any furniture across my wood flooring.

I'm really disappointed in this experience and saddened that a company that prides themselves on being family-oriented and caring, hires employees that don't follow through with these ideals. I REALLY liked the up-front meeting- it was really friendly and positive. It made me feel good, like someone was helping me out with my move, not that I was paying someone for a service. However, the actual move was so far from this and the resulting feeling was more like I was being taken advantage of because I was already locked in for that time and price. At this moment, I would not recommend this company or wish this experience on anyone as moving is hard enough. I hope this company can improve their follow-through in the future.

Original review: March 11, 2018

Due to Steve's staff internal issues was why the refund was needed. He refuse to refund the total $100, so he only wanted to return half of the $100 deposit which was never received as of today 3/11/18. On 2/15/18 the movers showed up an hour late to our home, and Steve stated because some of his employees did not come into work that day. Therefore Steve stated that he would arrange a discount once the move was complete. When the movers got to the property at ** the lead guy Roy stated that there would be no discount. My spouse and I advised for him to call Steve. Once they had their conversation, Steve changed his story and no longer wanted to give us a discount. The moving crew wanted to leave and because of multiple internal issues a refund of our deposit was requested of $100 and Steve refused.

My spouse who is a retired veteran stated that the situation was not fair for his wife and something needs to be done on Steve's part. Then Steve stated over the speakerphone that he would only refund $50 of the deposit. The money was given from Cassandra's credit card on 2/9/18 for $100 to confirm the move to be done on 2/15/18 which never happen. My spouse and I was left with no refund on our deposit and never got to move that day by the movers of All My Sons located in 1418 N Henry Blvd Stockbridge GA. I will never refer this moving company to no one, so that they will not have a bad experience and left like your family did not matter. Our family resolution: My family and I would like a total refund of $100 due to the overall bad experience we had. All My Sons moving company did not move us, was unprofessional, and we never received anything as of today 3/11/18. No family deserves this kind of treatment.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I hired them to move my belongings. The more things I unpacked the more things I found damaged. I took pictures and REPEATEDLY called the office. Each time I got another person that assured me my claim was being handled. They never returned calls or emails. The movers damaged several hundred dollars of items and All My Sons, never made any attempt to rectify the damage done. They stalled and lied to me about getting and processing my claim.

My furniture was damage, NUMEROUS items broken and scratched. They did not take care of my furniture at all. It was jammed into the truck as tightly as possible without covering items. Two of the movers worked like dogs! The other two not so much. I tipped them a HUGE amount not knowing the damage I would later find. The office even tried to cheat me out of the quote. It poured down rain and the movers were delayed in the middle for about an hour. I would not recommend this company to anyone. They are totally unreliable. Not to mention I am out a lot of money.

All My Sons Moving Company Information