1.09/5

Discover the right moving company for you

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

743 All My Sons Moving Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

The salesperson was a young kid who knew nothing about moving. He gave me an estimate that I agreed to. When the movers showed up, on the day of the move, the terms had changed. I either had to accept them or find somebody else. The salesperson said I was being charged based on time and a certain size of truck. I could fill it as full as I like. He even said the more I brought down to the garage (close to the truck) the quicker it would go and if there was room left over we could throw more on if we like. The salesperson and I walked through the house and he entered the information I told him. There were several items he said wouldn't be a problem and didn't write down. The actual movers refused to move those items because they weren't listed on the quote. The move was delayed 1-1/2 hrs while I talked with their manager.

The actual movers were incredibly inexperienced and untrained. I have moved many times and watching these guys was like watching the three stooges. They actually fell several times coming out of the house and damaged several items. The company refused to pay for these items and/or would only give me a few dollars for the damage. I have a ruptured disk in my back so I paid to have the movers move the big items that I couldn't get (treadmill, elliptical, beds, dressers, couches, etc). The salesperson said they would disassemble and reassemble everything. The movers showed up with a tiny bag of tools. The only screwdrivers they had was a set you use to repair eyeglasses! I am being serious. What is even worse is the kid was trying to take things apart with the tiny screwdriver. I had to loan them my tools and even had to take many things apart because they couldn't figure out how to do it.

And what was worse is that they lost a lot of parts so I couldn't put things back together at the new house. They severely damaged my walls and floor. The list goes on and on. I have been a part of corporate moves at least 7 times over my career and even moved myself at least 6-8 times. I have never see anything like this. Run as fast as you can and stay as far away from this company as you can. The customer service is horrible. Every person I spoke with was incredibly rude and could care less about resolving my problems or helping me.

They knew I had no other choice and they took advantage of it. I never write review but I had to in this case. Do not use these people or you will regret it. If you do - record the meeting with the salesperson and every word you tell him and verify every single piece of furniture you want moved is clearly listed on the quote. If you decide to use them please make sure you have a backup plan and you aren't tied to the actual day of the move. And - good luck. You will need it.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

We scheduled our move weeks in advance, paid the deposit immediately. Confirmed move multiple times, including 2 days AND evening before. Scheduled for 8:30 am 12/1/2018. Received phone call from our contact the day of the move at 7:50 am. Informed us our move would not be taking place due to “no one showing up for work because of the holiday." (SEC Championship not scheduled until 3:00 pm.) Period. No one coming. When rescheduled, asked what our discount would be as this would result in days off from work, which wouldn’t have been the case if done on weekend as scheduled. Contact said “we would talk.”

Move took place on Monday, 12/3/18, cost me a full day’s pay, plus I was charged the full amount. No discount. And no answer to multiple emails to the person described as the “manager” of the Birmingham location. The guys who performed the physical work of moving were awesome, kind, respectful, took great care of our belongings. But due to the poor management experienced, we will not use nor recommend this company again.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Approximately 2 1/2 years ago we moved from Palm City, FL to Lake Worth, FL. I was way behind in the packing portion of the move but Jameson ** had told me at the onset not to worry and to call for help even if it was late in the game. So a day or two before the scheduled move, I called for help, and they were saviors. Got everything packed and loaded on the truck. The next day we needed to unload into a townhouse, half the size of the prior house, and the master en suite was not ready. We made a plan to use one of the bedrooms as a storage unit and packed it floor to ceiling, front to back with boxes, which saved us the inconvenience and additional expense of a storage unit or pod. The movers, were hard working, professionals who really cared about the safety of our belongings. I highly recommend this company, as a matter of fact, we will be using them again in the very near future.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I'm a reasonable guy, a nice guy. I've moved over 13 times in my adult life. I know moving is hard labor and I'm very understanding of what's involved - this being said I didn't bother the movers even though they were moving at a glacial pace. I am from the Dallas area (where All My Sons began- I think) so I have used All My Sons before and they were great and swift. However, today, this moving company has won an awesome 1 star from me. My advice is be careful and ask THE CORRECT questions. Otherwise you'll be shocked when it's time to pay.

Amber ** in Atlanta, GA called me to book, she told me my hourly rate, said the guys would come in... Wrap up my items then move me - which they did. However, they move extremely slow. They didn't begin moving swiftly until I said the money has run out. Period! AND I had to carry items myself to speed up the process! When it was time to pay I was hit with an unexpected packing material charge. I was charged $50 for tape and a mattress cover/plastic bag. These items cost 1/4 of the price at Wal-Mart. I WASN'T ASKED IF I WANTED THE MATERIAL THEY JUST DID IT ON THEIR OWN. When I spoke with Amber ** originally her wording didn't include a fee for this.

Again, words mean things so you should asked the CORRECT QUESTIONS and get the correct worded response, otherwise you end up with ** on your face as I have. I've moved 13 times, I have my own material. I then called and spoke with Terrence and he was completely rude, dry, monotone and an ** - some advice for you sir is Customer Service and DELIVERY go a very long way. Terrence said the cost of the package material was on the letter Amber emailed me. However, It doesn't say what to do if you didn't ask for it though. For the sake of not arguing with a stop sign, I ended the conversation.

I'm a rational guy but I do not appreciate the attitude you took with me Terrence. ** you and YOU TERRENCE have cost your company a customer. I read an All My Sons Moving review about this - they have your items on the truck then have you pay and endure add-on cost. You're stuck with no other options if you want your belongings. This type of business practice I will not work with ever again. In all, I paid over $600 to move a 1 bedroom in-town (that I had to help the movers complete). I paid less to have a POD moved across 4 states! I will not use All My Sons Moving & Storage Again. I will not recommend All My Sons Moving & Storage to anyone that I know.

If anyone ask me who I used to move I will boldly them my story and repeatedly caution them to use someone, anyone else. No one appreciates being taken advantage of. One day the Wrath of God will come down on All My Sons Moving & Storage and I hope I am alive to see it. I always tip and planned on tipping the guys around $50. Sorry guys, your company took your tip. I hope they buy you lunch or something. DO NOT write a generic "We're Sorry" response to my review as it will be deleted. Good luck and Goodbye.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

My husband and I hired All My Sons to move us from one city to another in Ohio. A representative came to our home to give us a quote and assured us that All My Sons would provide experienced staff to move our possessions with the greatest of care. On the day of the move, November 5, 2018, 4 nice people showed up at our front door. Not dressed in any type of company shirts or logo, I became concerned that these people were not regular staff. One of them wore sport slip on flip flops with bright yellow socks. It did not take long before I realized that these were NOT experienced movers. Basically, our furniture, artwork and boxed items were treated like it was so much garbage.

Everything was tossed around like it was being thrown away, not packed for a 30 minute trip across town. My leather sectional was wrapped but the cushions were used for padding in the truck. I had to ask them to take upholstered furniture off the truck and wrap it. Mattresses were only partially covered. An heirloom mirror was dropped and broken. A large chest was pulled apart while being carried to the truck. A pedestal table was cracked. These are the things we have noticed so far. We did not allow them to unpack anything as I did not think my things could survive any more mishandling. We were so concerned when we got to our new home, we actually helped them unpack the truck.

They did not cover their shoes, they left mud on the carpets, they used large dollies to move heavy boxes and rammed the dollies over thresholds and up and down stairs without any care at all. They gouged walls and doorway trim. Finally, I asked them to just leave everything inside the front door. This was a disaster as far as I’m concerned and I am sick about it. These people were not experienced movers, they were day workers picked up at some facility in Cleveland. I will go out of my way to warn my clients, family and friends about All My Sons Moving. Worst experience ever!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about All My Sons Moving?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Had a move done from Massachusetts to Rhode Island. Movers lost power pack to reclining sofa. Denied losing it. For a week I was told, "A supervisor will get back to you." Did! Finally over a week later I was referred to the so called Customer Service to put in a claim for a $10.00 power pack. ** on the phone wanted to send out a claim package. So that 6-8 weeks I would get my settlement and then I could use my couch. All they had to do was go to Bob's Discount Furniture and buy a $10.00 power pack. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! If they did this to me OVER $10, IMAGINE what THEY'LL DO for LARGER AMOUNTS!!! I WISH I NEVER TIPPED THEM!!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

My gosh. Avoid this bunch at all costs! I used this bunch just before Halloween and true my moving boxes weren't in the best shape but they showed up late, told me they wouldn't move my four wheelers, the small non boxed stuff (too hard to fit in load), and enough to load half of another 20 foot truck. After they picked what they would take they got mad about how far they had to go to unload it and how late they would be getting back home. They seemed to delight in letting my belongings fall off the ramp and hand truck laughing every time it happened. They will not treat your belongings well. Warning again the lower price you will pay for with your damaged goods.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I have used All My Sons Moving in Dallas, TX on four moving jobs in the past several years. On March 30 2018, All My Sons Moving handled a move from a high-rise condo in Dallas to a storage facility in Dallas. The movers showed up three hours late to the job. When the movers were an hour late, I called to check on their status, the movers said they were on the way and would be there in 30 minutes, they arrived 2 hours later after telling me they would be there in 30 minutes. The movers from All My Sons Moving were slow and dishonest.

Even worse, an employee from All My Sons Moving stole a $3,500 high definition plasma TV, the storage facility has video showing footage showing the employee from All My Sons Moving taking the TV from the moving truck to a car. The TV was never placed in my storage facility. For the past six months, I've contacted Deborah ** and Doug ** at All My Sons Moving numerous times with no resolution. Since April 2018, they have stalled, made numerous excuses and yet to reimburse me for the TV that was stolen by All My Sons Moving employee.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I am writing only in the hopes of saving others from enduring the extreme stress and financial loss that I suffered as a result of hiring this company for my out of state move. All My Sons was hired to move my belongings from TN to FL recently. At the start of the process, they were extremely accommodating and informative during the walkthrough and quote process. All interactions subsequent to this, however, were beyond a nightmare. On the day of my move, the movers rushed through the move and did not pack in accordance to what we were told, including wrapping a television in my clean bed coverings for protection (rather than using a cardboard tv holder as described during the walkthrough). All of this was done without my permission.

The worst occurred when they dropped a large dresser down my staircase, breaking and damaging stair treads along the way and crashing into my new front door – leaving a hole in the door and other scratches and dents. They also wedged the front door under another adjoining door frame scraping and damaging the door frame and transferring red paint from the front door onto my newly painted moulding. Once the furniture was delivered, I began noticing damages to the vast majority of my furniture, including corners chipped off of my headboards, coffee tables, and the interior frame broken in my fairly new $800 living room chair. These damages, some of which were minor – especially considering the long distance move, were only the beginning.

A large portion of my belongings were delivered to a storage unit. The movers purposely left the moving blankets on several items (including my brand new dining room buffet table) and stored them in a location within the unit making it difficult for me to completely inspect while they were unloading. When I went back a few days later to properly uncover the items, I noticed that my brand new buffet table had a huge dent and hole in the top, damage so severe that I’m certain it cannot be repaired. Also, all of the corners were chipped off my large dining table and my smaller dining table.

Additionally, I had one dining chair whose frame was split on the side and numerous other dents, scratches, and scuffs (many of which will be noticeable even if they can be repaired). When I contacted All My Sons and their claims department, I was told that the claims process typically takes 30 days, so I began taking photos and writing detailed descriptions and submitted all with my claim. In the meantime, I had to pay for the home damages out of pocket so that I could put my house on the market. This caused me a delay of about a month with listing my home – a situation which my realtor informed me put us out of the peak market time, and is likely why my home has not sold months later (especially given that the repairs are noticeable – replaced stair treads could not be matched, etc.) and may cost me even more money down the line.

When my claim was finally processed, All My Sons offered me only a little over $300 for all of the damages – with only a little over a $100 relating to the damages done to my home. After considering that I made a payment to them of almost $9,000 for the move, endured thousands of dollars of damages to my home and property, and likely will lose thousands more due to the delay in listing my home and potential additional repairs to my staircase, I was not happy. When I called the claims department about the amount, I was told my only recourse was to submit more details on the home damage (repairs invoices) and that a committee would review and may pay an additional amount, however, they specifically said that they would not pay the full price of the home repairs regardless.

The property damage for the items being moved is one thing, but I’m not sure how they believe it’s fair to cause severe damage to my home and not be responsible to fully reimburse me. With all of this being said, on principle, I am refusing the $300, and will not sign and have notarized their paperwork confirming that this amount is sufficient. It is more important to me at this point that no one else endure what I went through with this company. Please, if you’re looking for local movers, choose a different alternative or have friends assist you with the move (even if it’s cross country). I have lost all of my nice belongings in this process and could buy a new car with the money I have spent and will spend to replace everything.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

These movers came out today to my house. They quoted me $120 search for one room that I was renting a house and that was the total charge quoted on the phone to me. However when they came out this morning they said they were going to be there at 8 did not arrive till 9:15 and then they proceeded to say that it would be another $420 on top for the labor and everything Etc and 3 hours for moving time and I told them that I was only quoted $120 there would be nothing more. They had me sign a thing saying that I forfeited my hundred dollar deposit which they sent me today and then email and said on that that the moving time was at 12. They had never loaded my stuff on the truck.

They called their manager. I spoke with them I told them that what they quoted me on the phone and they said no that we recorded it. I said, “Okay are you going to listen to the recording.” They said no and hung up then I called them back and they said, “No we will not listen to the recording” and hung up so these guys do not tell the truth when they quote you with moving. Be very careful. I do not recommend them to anybody and I think that they should be held accountable for reimbursing me my $100 because they do not tell the truth to their customers.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I was quoted a price of 518.00 for 3 men and basic 2 hr move! Bill was 1069.00 and I was told, "Pay or you will not get your items unloaded." The labor that they charged me was 4.5 hrs of which the actual time was 3.75! Have made 2 attempts to reason with Brad the operations supervisor to no avail! Their charging practices are completely out of line! I had the police come and do a report because I will file suit to receive a refund!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Hilliard, Ohio branch called and canceled our move at 2:30 pm on the day of our move. F rating with BBB. Found that out too late. Went to UHaul and rented a truck the same day and moved ourselves. They were rude and unbelievably disrespectful.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Day scheduled for mover didn’t happen. All My Sons near Willowbrook Illinois sent men who refused to move my home because they said they were too old to lift the items. Next day they sent 3 disrespectful young men, pushing my antique furniture through bedroom windows, thus damaging the windows and the furniture. Stood my leather couch on end damaging it structurally. Broke my glass tabletops. Crushed and broke several other pieces of furniture. Movers stole Wii equipment. It was a terrible experience. When I stated I would seek legal action, they said “go ahead”. Corporate offices promised assistance and never complied. I am disabled. Horribly stressful. Truly felt violated and disrespected. Never again. I’m sure I’m not the only victim. Class action lawsuit seems appropriate.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

All My Sons moved me out of my ATL apartment and stored my belongings for one year. No issues whatsoever with this move or the office staff.... In fact they were great to work with especially Amber. However, 2 weeks ago, I contracted with All My Sons to move my belongings from ATL to New York City. They told me the truck would leave first thing on a Wed morning and would arrive hopefully Thursday afternoon or Friday morning at the latest. I acknowledge with a 14 hour drive that traffic, road construction, accidents, truck breakdowns, etc could delay delivery. This schedule worked for me as I had a flight out on Saturday morning for vacation.

The Wednesday the truck was supposed to leave I received NO calls or updates from AMS Movers as to status. My bad for not calling them to verify the truck was on its way. Had I known the truck did NOT leave on Wed I would have re-scheduled delivery for the following week after my vacation. Thursday morning 10am after receiving NO updates from AMS Movers, I called the office and spoke with Wendell, the Asst Manager. He told me the truck had not left yet because their long distance driver was delayed on a previous job. I pushed Wendell to explain why no one called me on Wed to alert me the delivery was delayed. He said he had a personal emergency that day that prevented him from calling. I asked did no one else in the office know how to use a phone and call me... He had no answer. Poor Customer Experience.

He then said the driver was on his way in, would load the truck and get on the road ASAP thus delivery should be sometime next day Friday. I was nervous about this but he GUARANTEED Friday delivery in the afternoon to meet the closing hours of my storage facility. The next morning Friday, again after receiving no updates or calls from anyone at AMS Movers, I called the office and spoke again with Wendell. He said as of 12:30 pm the truck was 1 hour south of Washington DC. I told him there was no way they would make it to NYC on a Friday afternoon and unload by 7:30pm, the closing hour of the storage facility. He had the nerve to say his guarantee was that my stuff would be in NYC by Friday and did not mean job completed by Friday... I asked Wendell several times what time did the truck leave the day before but he would not answer.

I was stuck as I had a flight out the next morning so this job had to be completed that day. I had to solve the problem myself by contracting for a 2nd storage unit in another facility that had 24 hour access. I had to do this by 5pm that day. I then waited at the facility until the truck arrived at 8:40 pm. I then assisted the 2 gentlemen in unloading my belongings due to the late hour.

I then learned the driver intended to leave first thing Thursday morning but Wendell sent him on another job which delayed them in leaving for NYC until late Thursday afternoon... A fact Wendell never informed me of and instead lied to me when he said the truck left as soon as the driver arrived and loaded up. Had the truck left without Wendell's re-assignment, they would have made NYC Friday afternoon and thus avoiding me having to get a 2nd unit, wait 3.5 hours for arrival and the late hour of 10 pm for job completion.

I will never use AMS Moving again... neither should anyone else... as their communications was horrendous, they failed to meet their promised schedule and guarantees and quite frankly I feel their Asst Manager Wendell LIED to me, misled me and treated me with little respect as a customer. I fully understand long distance moves are challenging with many obstacles and AMS Moving is NOT the company to trust for this especially with Wendell in charge.

I hate to call out specific people but because of Wendell alone, this experience was horrendous and the frustration I endured was due solely to him, his lack of communication, his misleading statements and lack of professionalism. BTW... the driver and his helper were amazing... very professional. Did a great job considering the situation they were in due to poor planning and management. Since completion last week, I have received no follow up calls from anyone at AMS Movers.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I contacted All My Sons Moving company because they are a business in a town where I work. I was called a liar when I confronted these people in their business. I have emails and voice messages that prove I am telling the truth here. I made sure to inform AMS that it will take two trucks to move my mother's household. Rep from AMS says, "Oh no way who told you that... we can get everything from your storages... which are 12 by 20... two storage units packed full. We were promised a time of expect a call from us on moving day.

We will phone you between 11 am and 1 pm." The call arrived at 1:11 with a message of, "We are on our way. Will be there in 45 minutes." 1 plus hour later they arrive... see both storages and say we need another truck... there is no way everything will fit. REALLY!!! In no way is this a reliable or friendly stick to our word and we will make you happy company. Avoid them at all costs. Rent a wheelbarrow from Home Depot...

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I submit the story that I submitted to the claims department after the terrible move. Please read if considering this company. It will, or should deter you. Story: This move started with issues and ended in the same fashion. Lack of communication along the way has only enhanced the problem. We were given an estimate of $9500 for our move as a full packing plan. This estimate also included the pickup and delivery of our Jeep Grand Cherokee. We were told this assessment covered disassembly as well as packaging. We then proceeded to do a large portion of our own packing. We completely packaged two bedrooms and one bathroom and the majority of the garage. All wall items were removed and boxed. We disassembled the crib and trampoline. We got rid of several large items also.

These items included a set of dressers, a recliner chair, a whole set of patio furniture, bike trailer, and bunk beds frames with several smaller items. This was discussed with Jeff who said he would send a revised plan, which was not sent until July 31st at ~5 pm after the truck was loaded. The movers did arrive with the revision and it was addressed with them that we were told we would be charged with partial packing. We were told it could be dealt with later and they needed to get started. 3 movers arrived to pack items. One of the movers was too tired from a prior move or drive that he left after packing one or two kitchen boxes. He was outside napping in his truck while most items were boxed or wrapped. This is the same individual who would later fill out the itemized list the next day with item description (describing existing damages) the next day.

Several of the items were covered in moving blankets prior to his evaluation. I have issue with the way that was done for the fact that it was neither factual nor accurate. I will give only a single example, but I have many if needed. For example it is listed that we have “leather” couches that were “badly worn,” only problem being we have no leather furniture and the couch referenced was 2 months old and looks basically new. That is the same for the recliner that was noted to be bent and broken. While these items made it to the destination in great condition, which we appreciate, my point is that the listing of items was a complete farce at best. The most concerning part of this to me is that this may be your “professional” MO, if not sanctioned by the company itself, then embedded in your employees to protect themselves after real damage occurs.

On arrival multiple items were not tagged or tagged inaccurately making it impossible or very difficult to utilize the system as sold to verify that all items made it and were in similar condition on arrival. The way items were boxed was also somewhat of a joke. Again I will provide some examples. On arrival we told the movers to do certain areas last as we had some items we were going to get rid of or bring with us. One of these was the pantry. One of the movers started boxing the pantry towards the beginning. He boxed everything! One box had an empty Costco sized pretzels container and a near empty (literally 6 goldfish left) Costco sized box of Goldfish crackers. That was all that was in that 3.0 box. There were several items in that area that we planned on taking with us (baby food/formula) so we had to go through the boxes that were packed.

We found the items and multiple others as mentioned and decided to re-box multiple kitchen boxes to be more efficient and effective. As I mentioned in the damages section, this method of packaging continued throughout the house and included items that are more valuable and important including textbooks and electronics. There was a single lampshade in a large box… nothing else, this was piled under other boxes in the truck. Some of the pictures will demonstrate this problem of poorly utilized and packaged boxes. I believe that the fact that almost twice as many boxes were used as was estimated by Jeff only supports my point that the actual boxing process was not standard. While the estimate included 2 x 25 lb newsprints, I imagine not even a quarter of 1 of those was used to protect objects and fill empty spaces (all of that was on the 2 boxes of dishes).

While most of the boxing occurred the first day, they were unable to finish it due to lack of time and supplies, so a few parts of the house were left for the next day which was scheduled for loading. The time frame for all stages of the move was important and they were discussed in detail with Jeff prior to the move. Other events were scheduled according to that plan. One scheduled event that was directly affected was the carpet cleaning. The moving company was made aware of the scheduled cleaning at noon on the 31st and the scheduled walkthrough for the move out at 4 pm. The movers said that they would come at 7:00 am on the 31st to finish the packing and load the truck to ensure that there was plenty of time for the cleaning and checkout. They did not show up until approximately 10:15-10:30.

No update on change of time or plans was communicated. While a second team did come to help for a quick 30 minutes to try and move everything downstairs, there were still several areas upstairs that were not packed including the master closets. My wife and I then packed the master closets to move things along. There were functionally only two movers at this time as one individual (the guy sleeping through the prep process) logged our stuff describing “damages”. It was obvious by noon since the entire downstairs living and front rooms were full of stuff and there were still unpacked areas, the cleaning was not going to happen as scheduled and had to be canceled. We were charged from our deposit by the landlord to later perform the cleaning. Everything was barely out of the house by 4:00 pm for the walkthrough, allowing only brief vacuuming after each room was cleared of items.

While we tried to express our concerns about these issues early in the move process, no one appeared to be interested. The only calls we received were to collect the remaining balance prior to delivery of our goods. I was told I would be called by a “Heather” from claims once the delivery was done. I was told that at that point our issues would be addressed. That call never came, even after it was requested multiple times from Jeff. Anyhow, upon arrival of our items, the unloading verified the poor job done on the packing end. To quote the unloading third party crew that helped us, “in my past 10 years of professional moving experience, we have not seen anything done like this before.” The first thing I noticed as the trailer was opened was a web of bikes with my $1500 computer (fortunately wrapped in a blanket) wedged in at a peculiar angle between other objects.

Heavy boxes on top, many mostly empty boxes, and the other moving company noted all damaged items as well. Pictures have been taken to verify the story and damages. We also had issue with the move of the car. We were told the Jeep would be picked up on the 31st with the loading of the truck. We were told there was no available driver, so we had to drop the vehicle off at All My Sons' business location. We were told we would receive a discount for this, which has not occurred. Delivery of the Jeep was also a mess. It was suppose to arrive the same day as the drop off of the truck on the 16th of August. It didn’t come and multiple attempts to locate the vehicle failed. No communication occurred for 5 days as we waited for a vehicle that was needed for work. We were close to reporting our car as stolen. Fortunately it did show up without damage.

In summary, this has been a pretty horrible experience. I have moved a lot of people including myself many times over the past few decades. I was expecting professional service from a professional company to whom I have paid what I, and I believe most people, would consider a significant sum of money. I consider myself a reasonable person, and had proper communication occurred during the process, this wouldn’t be much of an issue to me. However, the only real responses I have gotten along the process were to collect the remaining fees while basically receiving hostage threats for my goods. I was told none of my stuff would be delivered until I paid the rest of the amount due. I did that in good faith. Once all money was paid, responses have been even more difficult to get. I am happy to discuss this in more detail with anyone interested and look forward to the resolution of our business together.

Sadly you have already lost a future customer and recommendation for future business. I expect some money refunded for the “partial packing” that was done, and that is only because by definition you did only partially pack our goods. I also expect compensation for the damaged items. I expect compensation for ~6 days for delayed arrival of my car. As far as the actual claims go, values below are estimated costs to repair or replace with similar quality items. I saw in claims instructions not to have items repaired or thrown away, however, it took a very long time to get responses from the Phoenix group as noted above. I had the bike repaired and have cost receipt (frame was not addressed).

The mirror, kids’ bookcase, and bike, computer were thrown away once found to be broken (case and mirror collapsed and were dangerous to have around children). Dropping the Jeep off is an estimate on fair compensation if a tow truck had to be hired. Partial packing was according to initial proposal sent by Jeff. Delayed Jeep drop off was based on a reasonable rate for car rental for less quality vehicle for days delayed.

Claims: I was offered a total of $117 at their 60 cents a pound rate. They didn't address any of the other issues including being overcharged for full packaging, losing my vehicle, and not picking up my vehicle. In order to get the claim, I had to sign an agreement that stated I could not write a negative review. You can see the choice I made.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

In June I contacted AMS about moving my house out of Colorado to Arkansas. I was given a price with a $1000.00 down the same day. I was told my goods would be loaded into 1 truck and the same truck would take them to my new home. 2 days before my move date, AMS called me and told me that I would have to pay another $500.00 because of a scheduling problem. Through no fault of my own, I had to pay, 2 days before. I was then told my goods were being transferred to another truck for shipment. In order to have them shipped on the same truck, I would have to pay another $10,000.00. AMS said there was a misunderstanding, you think! 9 people showed up and loaded the truck and did a super job.

A truck 3/4 the size of the original truck showed up in Arkansas and was packed full. It looked like things were just thrown in there. Things missing, broken flat screen television and many more things destroyed. The lawnmower was up top of the pile and leaked oil and gas on 4 mattress and a bunch of other things, the lawnmower was in pieces. After complaining, I had to fill out forms, sign and notarize, saying that I was not lying. Something I should have done to AMS when signing the contract. The movers who unloaded the truck had nothing good to say about AMS. Be forewarned.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

If I could stop everyone from using this company I would. I hired this seemingly reliable company for a recent local move. Everything seemed to be going well until I noticed all of the damages that occurred while the movers were placing my furniture into the final location. My brand new bedroom set purchased in January of this year from Macy's looked as though they dropped the headboard and footboard causing major noticeable damage while my chest, dresser and one nightstand were left with scratches, gouges and dings. My bed frame even has a piece of wood totally broken off of the corner with nails exposed. I alerted the movers of these damages and the driver took photos of the damages and said I will have to file a claim to get them fixed. I sent in the claim form outlining the $2,500 worth of furniture that looks like it was carelessly thrown around and was sent back a letter offering me $84 for everything.

I called customer service and was told that the damages looked pre-existing. I cannot even begin to describe how upset and downright infuriated I am with this company. To have their employees so carelessly handle my belongings and then blame ME for the damage to my own furniture is ABSURD. I demanded my claims be moved up the line to be reviewed by their "board" and I expect a more appropriate resolution for the trouble they've caused me.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

The moving company “ALL MY Sons” is not reliable, honest, or trustworthy. I made an appointment with them to arrive at my apartment at 9 am on Saturday, September 29, 2018. I spoke with them on Tuesday, September 25 about how many wardrobe boxes I needed to purchase, they told me. During this call, they confirmed my phone number and appointment. Moving date arrived and they did not arrive to move me. They insisted that they called me the day before to confirm, and when they got no reply they canceled my appointment unbeknownst to me. There is no record of a missed call on my mobile phone. Again, “All My Sons” are not honorable or reliable. Stay away from them!!!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I’ve been waiting at my house for 2 1/2 hours now for these damn movers to show up. Call customer service and they will not call the movers to see where they are, give you no idea of how much longer it’s going to be, just say sorry. If my belongings are not moved today this company will be paying for my hotel room and for my dogs to stay with us and I’m going to raise hell. We took time off work, family drove from out of town to help, and we’re just sitting here like idiots. Worst experience of my life. Might has well done it ourself.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I was quoted $1700-$1800, and assured it would not be more than $2000, to move a 1500 square foot household 60 miles. After a $250 deposit, my final bill was over $2600. This included overtime to try to load a too-full truck, and fix items that they broke. No one came to preview the move, although I was told they would. Not all of my furniture would fit on the truck, and when I called to get an additional truck sent, I was told "sorry", with no other idea of how to fix the problem. (I had to have friends and relatives help me move the rest.)

When unloading, I found that the bulkhead had someone else's furniture in it --- mine would have all fit! I have several broken items and damaged items beyond repair. This includes an alder wood headboard, from a company no longer in business (so cannot be replaced); a washing machine that is brand new, now has scratches on the side and top is dented; and an antique upholstered chair has damage to the wood. There was also a filing cabinet and bookcase that were destroyed. Two out of three bedrooms of furniture were left unassembled, because the hardware was lost in the move. My recommendation is: DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

They were not careful with anything. Young men didn't know what they were doing. Wanted to play on my time. Damaged goods. Now can't get it fixed for the amount of money that you guys are willing to pay. I definitely would never use them again or refer them!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

5 hours to move a 1 bedroom apartment less than 4 miles. In the following days, found smashed boxes full of broken glass items, a bookshelf had the back popped off and was trashed, and my tv/entertainment stand was lifted by the top (which I told them ahead of time NOT to do) and ruined. Stay far, far away! Filing a claim requires a crazy amount of paperwork, including their own agreement (which you sign on an iPad), etc. Most people wouldn't bother.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I had them move an Executive Desk from one location to another. $287.00 and the floor is nicked in two spots and the door jamb in one. They charged me for 2 mirror boxes, 6 rolls of tape, and a King Size Bed cover... absolutely worthless. Then they asked me twice for cold drinks from an office fridge. I've never had a good experience with movers and this company did not improve on that opinion. Worse, they send me 13 pages of nothing and never a receipt. I can't stop rolling my eyes... they are horrible.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

As I read another complaint before writing, I notice that the review from Snellville, Georgia had the same sad, scam artist experience. I am working on contacting the corporate office to get over $1,000 refund. I was told they would move me in four hours to my apartment. Told them I had a 4500 sq ft plus house; told them I was moving to a 1300 apartment; they wrapped and move two rooms, sofa set, kitchen table and chairs, boxes and we made a 20 min stop to drop off 4 items at my storage. Again they said all of this would take no more than four hours.

They brought 4 guys to my home and these guys struggled with, damaged my furniture, damaged my walls, damaged my steps going upstairs. They left my house about 6 hours later then took four hours to set up a 2 bedroom apartment. According to their feedback, they calculated a 4 hour job which calculates out to no more $800 - $1,000. When they arrived at my apartment they then gave me the bill. They would not unload my furniture without full payment. This company said my bill was over $2200. I almost fainted! I will work at contacting them to get back at least $1100 of my money. If I don't get my money, we will go to the next step to handle this issue.

If the company would have told me that it would cost me that much money, I would have moved my own furniture. They were not upfront. When I called to complain about, the manager became rude because I was not happy. Are you serious. You charge me over $1,000 plus dollars over. This is not right and it needs to stop... Again, I will give them a couple of weeks to correct this, if not I will act.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

They showed up late and did not take care of how they packed my boxes and furniture. Turned them every which way, and stacked heavy boxes on my expensive china, that was clearly marked. Said they were done with chairs still waiting to be loaded and pictures on the wall. We had to ask them to take the items. One of my irreplaceable pictures is missing and no one can find it. I was given some kind of excuse that they put the pictures between cardboard and it was probably missed. They did not wrap any of the pictures. When unloading the items in the new place, they scratched and marked up the walls and woodwork. Took over an hour to move less than 15 miles and was charged for travel time. Also was charged for packing materials and these charges were not part of the quote. I will never use this company again.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I booked a move for a family member almost 2 weeks in advance. All went smoothly until the day of the move. We were given a time window of 11am-1pm. 1pm I called to find out where they were and why I hadn't received a phone call. The manager Jim apologized and said the movers got to their first client and found out they had to pack a whole house full of stuff which originally wasn't part of their move. He said they would be there as soon as possible.

4 phone calls later and at 6:30 pm the movers finally show up. The movers themselves told us that our move somehow didn't get put on their schedule and they double booked, which pushed our move to the end of the list. We were beyond angry and annoyed but were happy to finally have them there to complete the move. They didn't finish up until about 9:30 but we were just relieved to have everything finished. Then later in the evening we realized that they didn't assemble some of the dresser mirrors and they misplaced the hardware so we had to go to Lowe's to buy the parts to fix the issue ourselves. Would never use their services again.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

It took them over 3 hours to move only the large items from a very clean one bedroom apartment. They were so slow, that we helped them move boxes at a much faster pace than they were willing to do. The overall cost to move an hour away was over $1000, and they broke our glass table! We’re still dealing with their “customer service” about our table a month later. Beware.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Absolutely terrible company, lied about everything. We paid a deposit and booked 6 weeks in advance. They said they would call between 11 and 2pm to move us, at 1:45 they called us and cancelled our move, the so called manager that called said if he had a 7500sf house to move that took over my move as mine was smaller, they are greedy and UN-sympathetic. Will never use these again.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I wish I could give them a zero!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! THEY ARE SCAM ARTISTS!!! They quote you one price over the phone and when they get to the point of unloading, they charge you way more and they tell you that you will be refunded some of your money if they finish before time. THIS IS A LIE!!! Beware, the movers lie just like management! You won't get one cent back. When we called the next day for the refund difference, The manager told us that in the state of GA when their workers work more than 7 hours, it is considered overtime and therefore the hourly rate increased by 50%!!! WHAT!!! SCAMMERS!!!

I asked why didn't they tell us this in the beginning. He said that they can't predict that it will happen. I said it's a possibility that it could and he said, "No it just happened to happen". WHAT???!!! I will never recommend or use them again. All My Sons, I curse your company and you will be out of business soon... Cheaters never win!

All My Sons Moving Company Information