1.1/5 (62 ratings)
Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About All My Sons Moving & Storage

All My Sons specializes in local and long-distance moves across the United States. Through a network of locations, the company offers a variety of services, including packing, unpacking, next-day cleanup and temporary storage options.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Available the same or next day
    • Free packing options
    • White-glove moving services

Cons

• No instant quote tool
    • Some services vary by state

Bottom Line

All My Sons might not be as upfront about costs as other movers, but it’s worth considering for local and long-distance services. The company offers many moving and storage options in most states.

Top All My Sons Moving & Storage Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Competent workers and safe with my belongings. Very reasonably priced and quick. Friendly staff and accommodating… I had a problem with the billing, office was quick to correct th...

Verified

Good news: These guys were fast and worked hard. They didn't break anything. Bad news: They brought a truck that was too small and we had to leave a few things. They didn't mark a...

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About All My Sons moving company

All My Sons Moving & Storage performs local and interstate moves for homes and businesses throughout the United States. The company offers services including white-glove moving and temporary storage. Every move comes with basic valuation coverage; customers can purchase additional insurance for better coverage.

• Long-distance moves: All My Sons does long-distance moves to anywhere in the U.S. For moves fewer than 500 miles, All My Sons performs same- or next-day service. For all long-distance moves, it assigns moving consultants.
    • Corporate relocation and commercial moves: All My Sons has experience moving businesses locally and over long distances. Call the company directly for more information on how much a commercial move costs.
    • Storage: All My Sons has climate-controlled storage available in some locations. Facilities have 24-hour security, sprinkler systems, alarm systems and on-site managers.
    • Packing and unpacking: Movers can quilt-pad wrap, dismantle and reassemble furniture. Several reviews mention the convenience of the company’s complimentary furniture setup. Customers can pay extra for white-glove services.
    • Packing supplies: All My Sons sells moving supplies for those who want to pack on their own, including boxes, crates, blankets, pads, packing peanuts, packing foam and tape.

All My Sons moving prices

According to some recent reviews, All My Sons Moving & Storage’s prices for local moves start around $200. Longer-distance moving costs vary but appear to start around $1,000. We’ve seen vastly different estimated costs for interstate moves with All My Sons, ranging from $1,450 for a small, short move to more than $8,000 for a three-bedroom move of 650 miles, not including tip. Customers who opt for full packing services and additional services — like storage or packing supplies — pay more.

All My Sons Moving & Storage FAQ

Does All My Sons have insurance?
    Every move from All My Sons comes with basic valuation coverage, which covers 60 cents per pound per article. If you want greater coverage, ask the company to help you get full value protection.
    Does All My Sons move fragile items?
    Yes, All My Sons moves fragile and antique items, such as glassware, grandfather clocks, sculptures, artwork and pianos.
    Does All My Sons offer storage?
    Yes. All My Sons has both short-term and long-term storage options.
    Where is All My Sons Moving & Storage available?
    Local moves are only available in select cities. However, the company has offices in the following states:
    • Alabama
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Utah
    • Virginia

Is All My Sons a good moving company?

All My Sons is worth considering if it is available in your area. Happy and satisfied customers seem to appreciate that the movers work quickly and offer extra packing options. However, we noticed some frequency of All My Sons complaints about the company’s customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about All My Sons Moving & Storage?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

TLDR: Extensive damage to property, unfair compensation for damages, lack of communication from back office team. Over the phone, the team was great and I felt like I found amazing movers. The moving crew was nice and professional. We bought everyone lunch & even gifted one of the movers a digital camera we weren't using after he mentioned he had always wanted a similar model. Unfortunately from here things started to go wrong and we were left completely unsupported by the All My Sons team from this point.

As the last items were being brought in, we noticed damage to armchairs and our couch which had been accidentally scuffed with grease in several places. The team's iPad on-site was not working, so the completion of final paperwork had to be done over the phone. I asked for the damage claim information which I was told would be sent immediately (it wasn't, and required additional follow up). In total, several additional items were damaged. Damages included grease marks/scuffs on armchairs and an expensive couch, a broken planter, and most upsettingly a shattered brand new $1400 TV (which was packaged by the All My Sons team). We get it, these things happen — however, we trusted that the company would take care of these damages appropriately.

30 days later, we received an offer of $450 as remediation for the aforementioned damages. That doesn't cover the cost of a professional couch cleaning, let alone the brand new TV which is rendered completely unusable and had to be replaced outright. The team made it clear that the actual legal liability of the company is a mere $0.60 PER POUND. This was obviously not pointed out to us in the paperwork, which totaled several pages/signatures that were required on-site, on the clock, and prior to the team starting (despite the clock running for their time). The team also noted that we did not elect to purchase additional insurance. To my knowledge, we weren't given the option to purchase insurance. The team's iPad was broken and so some of the signatures had to be completed over the phone. I did not receive a copy of the paperwork as promised.

Ideally this information would have been sent in advance, or explained in more detail. The damage policy was not explained or we would have never agreed to this. Since reporting the damage on 8/15, I have made over 8 email follows up and received minimal contact back with absolutely no assistance or interest finding a suitable solution here. Overall our experience has been extremely frustrating and turned a great experience sour quickly. Absolutely no responsibility was taken by the back office team to rectify costly damages to our property that we trusted would be taken care of. Use a different company for your move and don't be swindled by this unfair damage policy like we were.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

All My Sons, gave me a quote of $219 an hour, I asked again, what the rate was and they told me 219. However they charged me a fuel cost and they charged me for 2 hours they did not work. The movers did not pack up the entire house and left lamps and other boxes in the house. They also broke my master bedroom bed. They ripped the screws out and said it was already like that. However the bed would have been leaning to the ground if that were the case. I wasn't going to make a big deal of it, however once I go to the place we moved, I was going to repair the bed and they did not attach the screws to the bed.

I called the head mover and he told me they found them on the truck and he would return them to me the next day after he got off work. He never showed and when I called the main office, he said he didn't know where the screws were. I also found other furniture that had screws missing. The head mover asked to buy our desk upstairs from us and I told him yes, as they were finishing up loading the truck, I asked him about the desk and he said his "girlfriend didn't want it." I said what about getting it from upstairs and on the truck, however there was not any room left to put the desk on the truck. So, he said he would return the next day and get it if I gave it to him for free.

I agreed, but like I said before, he was suppose to bring the bolts to the bed but didn't come the next day. I gave all this information to the main office and they apologized. "We are sorry". I'm really sick and tired of companies, just saying "we are sorry". I still don't have the bolts for my bed and none of our furniture was put back together once we got to the new location. They did a poor job and over overcharged me. I would NOT recommend this company.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Movers showed up 2 hours late without a dolly to move boxes and furniture from a 3rd floor apartment. Broke the glass in the entertainment center, spent 30 minutes trying to sweep up glass then charged me for that time. Company office will not take calls to replace broken item. The loading charge was 3 times what they quoted. Mover charged for sitting time; took long breaks between loads. Zero stars for zero service.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

We used All My Sons for large residential move to new location within 5 miles of our current home. We also used them to move some items to our storage area located about 7 miles from our home. How big mess can they make on such a short move. In the end we discovered the answer was TONS. The guys worked hard and fast but apparently lacked some basic training on how to transport large pieces of furniture.

At the end of the move the crew was so excited over tip we provided that they simply forget to complete the last step of job. We had a large hutch being moved to storage. Crew loaded the hutch, and then lost their minds. Never secured the piece in the truck and actually left it standing on end. Crew admitted this to us as well as company management. The hutch was destroyed as it was tossed around in truck.

Company did nothing to stand behind the negligence. They stood on the ground they are only responsible to pay $.60 per pound. They paid out $180 for $3400 hutch. Yes if I had known the crew was incompetent we would have bought the extra insurance or used another company. What happened to where companies no longer stand behind their product. No matter what company you use, buy the extra insurance. Movers have a great deal to pay out at only $.60 per pound. They have no real incentive to protect your moved items.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

Poor experience to say the least. They sent less people than contracted, they do two moves a day so they were beat from the first move and moved slow, didn't wrap and damaged furniture. They were inexperience, scratched walls and door frames. Broke a leg of our filing cabinet, scratched our Pottery barn furniture that wasn't even wrapped. They were so slow we had to help them move furniture and thus missed how there were not wrapping our couches that suffered scratches. Our Ethan Allen furniture was dropped. One of the movers was on the phone telling someone "we had too much stuff". We were moving from a 2 bed 1 bath home and filled a 26 foot truck and didn't even get everything! They filled the truck in a single layer and didn't stack a thing! Would not recommend. Just terrible. Had to rent a Uhaul to finish their sloppy job. They claim you can file claims online but the link is nowhere to be found.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

We had SO MANY issues with this moving company and the ENTIRE process. This move was stressful not only because it was cross country (from CT to MI) but because we were moving to be closer to my sister in college after the death of our mother. This company made it 100x worse. First, there was an issue with the office. When we called to talk initially to about us driving a Penske truck ourselves and having them pack our home and load the boxes on the truck we were told a 16’ truck was sufficient since we have a very small (only 900 square foot) home. (We opted for this because we were quoted $11,000 for them to pack and drive and unpack everything!)

My husband and I have never moved before (we moved from our first home after getting married 2 years ago, I moved from a shared apartment and my husband was living with family) and took the advice of their office staff who seemed knowledgeable when we called and gave him the inventory of our furniture and belongings. When the moving team arrived they told us that truck wasn’t big enough and they could only pack half of our items. We ended up having to rent another truck to get our entire home packed.

After packing, when we walked through the house they left trash on the floor in almost every room of the house and MISSED a lot of the art on our walls. It took us hours to finish cleaning the house after they left. (This was disappointing especially because we had bought the crew lunch since they had come from another job and we wanted to help them keep up their stamina.)

Second, once our truck was unpacked at our new home we found MANY issues. The items were not packed in labelled boxes and were not packed in any sort of organized manner, we had food items mixed in with clothes, and kitchen items mixed in with books, etc. This caused a nightmare as we unpacked and made it hard to see if we were missing anything. Several containers of food, that were damaged as they packed or packed improperly, spilled all over causing a big mess. They didn’t use most of the packing supplies we bought from Uhaul (as recommended by their office staff because it’s cheaper) and most of our things were either packed improperly or they used their own and charged us for it.

Third (and worst), was the damage and loss of our belongings. Many of the boxes were not packed properly. Our microwave had been just set on top of boxes in the truck (not bubble/paper/shrink wrapped or strapped down) and it fell and was dented badly during transport. They also broke one of our flatscreen TVs, cracked the top of a food storage container, and lost pieces of our furniture (we found some of the pieces in miscellaneous boxes - it appears if things fell off they just threw them wherever instead of gathering them up and putting them together or handing them to me as I was present the entire time). Four of my husband's watches (2 of which were expensive) were taken out of their storage boxes and STOLEN. The empty storage boxes were packed and we found them empty.

In the end, the company is REFUSING to give us any money back after we submitted a claim for our damaged and lost/stolen items. They claim we should have checked our inventory after they packed the truck – we don’t know how we could have done that before we drove the truck to MI and unloaded and unpacked it ourselves.

We are very angry and disappointed in this company. I don't know if the issues with the packing and the loss of items is because of this particular team, but the way the office staff has handled it all makes me wary of the entire company. My husband and I try to be understanding and gracious but looking back at all of this, it's just unacceptable. Save yourself (and your belongings!) the trouble and don't use this company!

Resolution response: Aug. 27, 2022

After speaking with the manager and outlining the overcharges for time and fuel, the company refunded $540. Although I would have preferred to have more moving accomplished for the same cost, I am satisfied with the refund. The manager was calm and respectful even though it was obvious that I was unhappy. They also attempted to come back to the house to move additional items, but without us arranging a time in advance we weren't even at home. All in all, I probably will not use professional movers again due to the cost, but the customer service of this office would convince me to use them again in a pinch. Just be very explicit about what you expect to be done, and the total cost that might entail. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

When I originally called, the man on the phone would barely listen to what I was trying to tell me and constantly talked over me, trying to tell me what they would do, not what I wanted them to do. I was quoted $190/hr and one hrs. drive time and a cost per box to pack. When they got there they seemed surprised that they had to pack anything. They also said they finished at 5:00 when they actually finished at 3:00. Charged me $2,600. So in the end, they overcharged for time, and billed me $800 to pack about 5 boxes!!! I don't think so. Going to dispute this charge immediately.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

BEWARE! What they promise is NOT what you get. I moved from Miami to Gainesville. Because I was a real estate referral, I was given a better insurance coverage and told because of that I would get their experienced movers. NOT SO! The guys showed up and the one in charge only worked for AMS one month. They did not know how to fill the truck and left so much airspace. They packed and were pulling out when I found that they had left my patio furniture. They stopped and put that on the truck and when I looked again, they had left the glass table top. As they did not take plants, I did rent a UHaul truck but had to rent a larger size to take furniture that they did not pack. A total waste of my money!

AMS did give me a $500 refund but as they were at least $1,000 more to begin with, that was a drop in the bucket. Arrival day.... the truck left around 8 AM from their Ft. Lauderdale facility and arrived in Gainesville at 3 PM. They unloaded until 7 PM and then were told to drive back to Ft. Lauderdale that night putting them back by 2 AM earliest. That cannot be legal! I will say the guys worked hard but their inexperience left a hole in my leather sofa, they did not screw my bed together and the pegs almost broke when it came apart.

I had a pull-out sofa, which I had told Brett (AMS salesperson I had). The guys had not experience taking or putting it back together and it was not done correctly aside from the guys having inappropriate tools. ANOTHER BEWARE....get a copy of the contract beforehand. Any arbitration is out of TEXAS so it is not worth filing a claim even if you have one, unless you are in Texas. DEFINITELY NOT WORTH THEIR CONFIDENCE NOR THE MONEY. YOU WILL NOT GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

Two months prior to move, called several companies to get quotes for:

1. Packing only
      2. Moving only

3. Packing and moving

After getting quotes, selected All My Sons for the packing only. I talked with Chase ** on several occasions to ensure that the days were straight and that the services would be packing only. Chase had done a Zoom call walk-through to provide the quotes. He was informed that all boxes and paper were already purchased, that labor would be the only requirement. The original quote from June 17, 2022, was a guaranteed not to exceed $1448.35. Then, on the Sunday evening before the AM Monday pack appointment, I suddenly get a flurry of text messages and calls saying that a new signed quote is required by the office manager, one which now has higher hourly labor charges, plus fuel charges, plus an additional laborer, plus additional materials – and the charge has risen to over $2200!!

I called Chase, who said that was just a top charge, not what would be charged, but the paperwork needed to be redone for some reason; “just sign and we will straighten out later”. I now had less than 15 hours before the packing should begin, so took Chase at his word and signed. On Monday morning, 4 male packers arrive. I informed them that all materials were in the garage – small, medium, large boxes plus dish boxes plus wardrobe boxes. Tape and paper were in the rooms already. I told them that I might not have enough tape, so would expect that charge at sign out. What was really charged later turned out to be: 5 dish packs @ $14; 4 wardrobes @ $17; 5 mattress bags (even though only two mattresses were in house and neither were in a bag!); 11 other boxes in various sizes, and 25 lbs of newsprint even though unopened paper was still remaining in rooms!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

I rarely complain or leave bad reviews but if you're considering any type of move, DO NOT use All My Sons Moving & Storage. Their sales team and movers are great, but if you have a claim with them you'll be shocked at how atrocious their customer service is. Trying to even get them to respond is worse than getting a root canal. And don't even bother trying to talk to a manager because they won't return messages! Anyway, we're left with a ruined antique piece of furniture, and barely any compensation. I also noticed that you can't leave reviews on Google, Facebook or any social channels so they obviously know they have a problem. I appreciate you sharing this with your network as I've never experienced such awful service.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Moving partner.

All My Sons Moving & Storage Company Information