1.2/5 (58 ratings)

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks:

About All My Sons Moving & Storage

All My Sons specializes in local and long-distance moves across the United States. Through a network of locations, the company offers a variety of services, including packing, unpacking, next-day cleanup and temporary storage options.

Find Moving Companies near you

Pros

• Available the same or next day
    • Free packing options
    • White-glove moving services

Cons

• No instant quote tool
    • Some services vary by state

Bottom Line

All My Sons might not be as upfront about costs as other movers, but it’s worth considering for local and long-distance services. The company offers many moving and storage options in most states.

Top All My Sons Moving & Storage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about All My Sons Moving & Storage?

Verified

Competent workers and safe with my belongings. Very reasonably priced and quick. Friendly staff and accommodating… I had a problem with the billing, office was quick to correct th...

Verified

Good news: These guys were fast and worked hard. They didn't break anything. Bad news: They brought a truck that was too small and we had to leave a few things. They didn't mark a...

About All My Sons moving company

All My Sons Moving & Storage performs local and interstate moves for homes and businesses throughout the United States. The company offers services including white-glove moving and temporary storage. Every move comes with basic valuation coverage; customers can purchase additional insurance for better coverage.

• Long-distance moves: All My Sons does long-distance moves to anywhere in the U.S. For moves fewer than 500 miles, All My Sons performs same- or next-day service. For all long-distance moves, it assigns moving consultants.
    • Corporate relocation and commercial moves: All My Sons has experience moving businesses locally and over long distances. Call the company directly for more information on how much a commercial move costs.
    • Storage: All My Sons has climate-controlled storage available in some locations. Facilities have 24-hour security, sprinkler systems, alarm systems and on-site managers.
    • Packing and unpacking: Movers can quilt-pad wrap, dismantle and reassemble furniture. Several reviews mention the convenience of the company’s complimentary furniture setup. Customers can pay extra for white-glove services.
    • Packing supplies: All My Sons sells moving supplies for those who want to pack on their own, including boxes, crates, blankets, pads, packing peanuts, packing foam and tape.

All My Sons moving prices

According to some recent reviews, All My Sons Moving & Storage’s prices for local moves start around $200. Longer-distance moving costs vary but appear to start around $1,000. We’ve seen vastly different estimated costs for interstate moves with All My Sons, ranging from $1,450 for a small, short move to more than $8,000 for a three-bedroom move of 650 miles, not including tip. Customers who opt for full packing services and additional services — like storage or packing supplies — pay more.

All My Sons Moving & Storage FAQ

Does All My Sons have insurance?
    Every move from All My Sons comes with basic valuation coverage, which covers 60 cents per pound per article. If you want greater coverage, ask the company to help you get full value protection.
    Does All My Sons move fragile items?
    Yes, All My Sons moves fragile and antique items, such as glassware, grandfather clocks, sculptures, artwork and pianos.
    Does All My Sons offer storage?
    Yes. All My Sons has both short-term and long-term storage options.
    Where is All My Sons Moving & Storage available?
    Local moves are only available in select cities. However, the company has offices in the following states:
    • Alabama
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Utah
    • Virginia

Is All My Sons a good moving company?

All My Sons is worth considering if it is available in your area. Happy and satisfied customers seem to appreciate that the movers work quickly and offer extra packing options. However, we noticed some frequency of All My Sons complaints about the company’s customer service.

All My Sons Moving & Storage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about All My Sons Moving & Storage?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

I live in a pretty nice apartment on a riverfront, but my apartment is 1 bedroom, barely 950 square feet. We scheduled a FaceTime video call for an estimate and he sent me a quote later for nearly $5000!? I’m literally moving my things to a storage 15-20 minutes away.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

So my move took place a few years ago from Indianapolis to DC, but I’m still discovering missing items (some apparently stolen like my mother’s Pearl necklace and my grandfather’s watch fob) and all the items I suspect were broken (artwork in frames, etc.). The movers showed up unprepared to pack (part of what I paid for) or to make a long distance move. They came without boxes or packing materials. Two smoked ** and were clearly inexperienced. I was patient and kind and bought them all lunch and even tipped them. Why? Because I was trying to be nice.

On the DC end, two new guys were added—clearly on drugs—one was nasty and urinated all over my bathroom floor—they brought in broken items (heartbreaking) and even fell into a wall that left a gaping hole I had to have repaired. The so-called protective material they were to put down on the floors and carpet was a joke—it was thin paper that tore up and they left a trail of mud and dirt all over. I complained to the company and they finally begrudgingly refunded me a measly $800, which didn’t come close to covering the damage and list items.

I am so sorry I got tangled up with this company with the false promises about what to expect. Lack of preparation, inexperience, and sketchy guys who steal and break are not acceptable. Having just remembered today another missing artwork I am writing this review to warn others who may be considering this company. The man who initially met with me and made all the promises about packing and moving long distance vanished when I tried to contact him. Moving is hard enough without this kind of experience. I mostly have put it behind me, but today I was looking for another item and realized with a pang it was one more lost, broken, or stolen item. I hope whoever is wearing my dead mother’s pearls and my grandfather’s watch fob is at least taking care of them. Very heartbroken.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

All My Sons sales rep explained all our furniture would be wrapped and workers were background checked. We had brand new furniture which we had to have delivered from furniture store prior to our move which meant All My Sons had to move it. Upon arrival at our new home we found our brand new, never used, still had foam packing from furniture store, with 2 broken off legs which All My Sons glued back on without telling us hoping we would not notice. We also had a brand new dining room arm chair (still with plastic on seat) broken, the wood on the back of chair was split. They told us don't worry, file a claim, they are insured. They dropped a caddy filled with nails that was in our garage into the street. I had to help pick up every nail because I didn't want any neighbors finding a nail in their tires. The caddy had not been wrapped and was completely destroyed.

Our garage items were just thrown off a dolly into a pile in the garage and gouged our new epoxy floor. They also knocked into our walls in our new home and that was also gouged. Our white furniture had dirty fingerprints covering wherever they touched it. A few pieces of china got broken and a mirror was cracked. All My Sons was extremely careless with our belongings. Furniture was not wrapped liked promised. As for background check, it was overheard that a couple of them had recently been released from the slammer. As for the insurance claim, they offered us $281 which did not even cover the cost of the chair, not to mention the TV console that had broken legs and scratches up the sides because it wasn't wrapped. Save yourself lots of aggravation and find someone else to move you.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

After being given a written quote for $854 on 12/10/22 the Company calls me on 12/30/22, 4 days before the actual move & said there had been a mistake with the estimate and that it would now be $1860! I was also asked who the original estimator was & told they didn’t have access to that information WTH? This is supposed to be a reputable company that has been in business for over 30 years, with a BBB rating of 8.7. BTW this was repeated to me multiple times, after I questioned the delay with difference in pricing, as well as the fact that they don’t have access to their own company’s inner workings & basic information. I think that they assume that you will just go along with the price increase, since they have left you in a huge bind and time crunch with few options of finding another mover on such short notice! I’ll carry it on my back piece by piece before I give them a dime! Totally unethical company!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2022

This was a disaster from the beginning. We hired AMS to move some of our larger furniture on 11/27/2022. A job that should have taken two qualified movers about 2-3 hours took 3 movers about 8 hours. Two of the men admitted it was their first day on the job. They hit every wall and damaged a fairly new king bedroom suite among other things that were not even worth reporting. I was assured that they would make things right. After a month of going back and forth with the claims department, I was told that my new bedroom suite was "previously" damaged. Ivy at the claims department was beyond rude, disrespectful, and definitely lacks empathy. My claims adjuster never calls only emails, and now he is out for the "rest of the year."

I finally spoke with a "team lead" Geoff that said I could submit proof of purchase for my items, but that he would have to agree with Joe that my headboard/footboard was previously damaged. I'm mentally exhausted after being on the phone with them for over 2 hours. The Memphis location refuses to answer the phone, and I was advised by Geoff that "nothing good could come of going there in person." He advised me not to go in person, but no one is able to reach them by phone. Very frustrating, and you will be better off renting a truck and finding someone on the side of the road to move your furniture. These people do not care about your belongings, and they do not want to pay you what they are worth when damaged. It's really sad that they are able to stay in business.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2022

I have always used All My Sons and referred them to so many people. They have been storing some of my stuff during construction. They delivered it and destroyed the walls of my new home. Literally every piece of furniture they moved in hit my walls and there is plenty of room. They work fast but the quality was terrible. I called the office during the move to tell them and the guy who answered said, "Don’t worry. “Accidents happen” and we have a claim process to reimburse you." I had probably 100 wall dents repaired (level 5 Sheetrock finish so not cheap). I took photos. After finally getting the paperwork 6 weeks later to make a claim they offered $325 when it cost $2800 to fix and repaint the whole area! They said this is their final offer. Beware or get insurance before you hire them.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

On November 18th the moving team from All My Sons arrived at my house. Two of the helpers (they must have picked up off the street) looked like they were on some type of drug and not fit to move heavy items of furniture. They proceeded to move my items after given instructions and to make sure they cover my couch. They broke my $800 king bed Headboard and destroyed my couch and ottomans that cost just over $9,000. Although we were able to get the dirt out because dragged the couch on the ground it permanently scuffed the edges. The couch was less than a year old.

I later found out that they forged my signature on documents saying I agreed to minimal insurance, which was not the case. I have tried to file a claim but out of the $10,800 worth of damage they only offered $192.00. And then suggested that I was lying about the documents that they sent me with my forged signature. I am a Veteran and have moved around a lot and this is the worst company I have ever experienced in my 21 years of military service. All AD Military and Veterans do not use this company. Please get the word out!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

I have use this company before with excellent results that’s why I used them on my last moving and didn’t even quoted with any other Moving Company. This last experience was horrible, almost all my furniture was ruined. I have sent emails, call and submitted claims through their process and they haven’t provided any response. My furniture is all wood and expensive and it was all scratched, cracked and peeled. Corners smashed. My white suede bedding is all dirty because they didn’t covered it. Look at these pictures.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

After three attempts with other companies All My Sons got my appliances moved. Arrived early and were very professional and helpful. Thank you, Frederick **. I highly recommend this Company! You will not regret it.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

All My Sons Moving and Storage in Hilliard, Ohio needs to be shut down! Your quoted price is NOTHING like what they will actually charge you once they have all of your stuff in the truck and get it to your new place!!!! Before they take it off the truck, YOU HAVE TO PAY WHATEVER THEY CAME UP!!! It's absolutely maddening. DON'T LET AJS NICE, CALM DEMEANOR FOOL YOU!! HE'S FULL OF IT!!! I'm shouting it to everyone to not do business with this company. The movers were bad as well!!! They took their time! It took them over 30 minutes to arrive at my new house which was 7 miles down the street!!! AND THEN WHEN THEY GOT THERE, THEY WERE SITTING IN THE TRUCK LAUGHING AND TALKING!!! I knocked on the door and that's when they got out and started talking to me about the bill and that I had to pay the bill before they would take my stuff of their truck!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THESE THIEVES!!!

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Moving partner.

All My Sons Moving & Storage Company Information

1102 Old Stage Rd State
        Simpsonville
        SC
        www.allmysons.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: