1.14/5
Based on 80 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Discover the right moving company for you

Last updated: April 17, 2018

671 All My Sons Moving Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: April 17, 2018

70 year old who hasn't moved in 22 years who trusted this company. They called the afternoon before my move to tell me that I had to pay extra for 3 guy to move my 2 rooms and boxes (no appliances or sofa) or they wouldn't be able to move me on the scheduled date. They showed up 2 hours early without calling ahead. I had to pay the extra fee for their 2 1/2 hours travel time. When I complained, the lead driver stayed on the phone with the office for 20 minutes. He said that I would be refunded $81 and had me sign a signature page. That evening I got an email showing me that the signature page was for the original price. Clearly, they lied about the refund to obtain a signature. Very sleazy.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Liars and thieves. Quoted one price. Then said they tried to contact me which they never did. Day of move tried to change quote to 2 and 1/2 times the amount. And they could have cared less when I got upset. This was the Richmond branch. Do not use them. You will regret it!!!

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2018

ZERO STARS! I had an appointment scheduled for today at 6:30 pm. I received a call from their office, changing the time to 7 pm. They never showed and called me at 8 to tell me "no one would ever be coming to my house to do an assessment". When I asked why I was told to be ready, JOHN was aggressive and rude and told me among other explicatives, "I don't know what you're ** talking about!" When I tried to explain the earlier phone call from his office, he began yelling at me over the phone and told me to "Go find another moving company." (No problem there!?) I wouldn't believe all the great reviews you see here. They couldn't even get the assessment right. If I could have given NEGATIVE STARS, I would. Check the reviews. 25% ZERO STARS. That pretty terrible for any company. DONT HIRE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: April 6, 2018

All CDs throw into box with headphones wires, boombox on top of my Lexia which was not put into its original box, on top was an open water container with water spilling all over my electronics. Notebook jammed into box on top of everything else. All boxes not marked. Unloaded in complete disarray, filled two of two bedrooms, living room and storage shed in absolutely no regard for trying to clear out. I paid 1900.00 dollars for a mess. Am 71 years old, single with two bad knees. I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER.

Original review: April 3, 2018

NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!!! I scheduled my move 6 weeks in advance because I had a specific timeline. My significant booked as well. Booking process was easy. However... on his moving day, after sitting for several hrs waiting they were a no show. Said they weren't coming. They assured him they would be there 900 AM Easter Sunday to make up for it. 1030 AM they arrive with 2 people instead of the scheduled 3, took the ENTIRE day to load 1/2 of a 1 bedroom apt. When they left to head to our new house the truck broke down. 2-3 hours later they towed their crap equipment to our house and then towed it away again. Did not leave until 4AM Monday morning.

Did I mention they charged for $600 in overtime that the employees said they do not get paid a dime of? Nickel and dimes to death. 1 bedroom apt nightmare cost $1700!!! Staff is rude, unprofessional and flat out awful to deal with. My move was scheduled 9 AM Monday. Surely they couldn't screw up again. Phone call at 815 AM telling me the crew is sick and they aren't coming and they had no idea when they could. After 2 hrs of zero communication and zero apologies, I fired them and found another service. If I could give negative stars, I would. Disgusted!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about All My Sons Moving?

Original review: April 2, 2018

If I could give a negative star, I would. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! They quoted my in-laws $400 for their move, after 4 hours of us pushing their workers to get the job done, their quote changed to $1400 and they refused to even open the truck to let my in laws get medication out unless they were paid. They then stated they charge for the wrap, tape, etc. and this was why the huge difference (never mind they didn’t wrap anything and everything was packed ourselves). They openly admitted they did not give my parents the correct quote, but it was our problem. Boxes were not stacked stable, so we could’ve even walk into the garage, they were throwing boxes down the stairs, furniture was damaged, etc. Never again!

Original review: March 28, 2018

Received a early morning pickup time. They arrive after 1 pm. Movers refused to move pulley weight machine 200 lbs. This item I ask about prior to hiring or I would have used a company that would. Movers would not move paintings and lamps. Said were too fragile and they couldn't be responsible. Supervisor said would call and give a price adjustment. Never called.Terrible service. Very misleading.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I would give a zero rating if I could, quoted us a price of $500.00 for an estimated 4 hour job to move an 85 year old relative on a F income, they arrived 2 hours late & took multiple breaks. When they finally got everything moved into place that $500.00 quote turned into $947.00. I told them I didn't know how they could sleep at night ripping off the elder like these, I also told them we would never be using their service again. DO NOT USE THESE JERKS, they take advantage of the elderly!!!

Original review: March 12, 2018

BAIT AND SWITCH!!! BE CAREFUL CHOOSING THIS COMPANY!!! I just wanted EVERYONE know that I was really disappointed with my move. I was quoted a lot cheaper from other companies, but I chose yours because I was given this amazing demonstration on how much care was going into my move and how All My Sons was a family company. I especially liked that my house would be protected and that my things would be treated as if they were their own. I was given a quote for 4 people originally and after discussing how that was outside of my budget, was given a reasonable estimate that would only include 3 movers. I was reassured that there would be 2 men moving and one in the truck organizing to make things more productive and that all my things would get moved in the time allotted.

We decided to wrap our furniture ourselves. We got rid of multiple items including the large dining table and 8 chairs, the buffet, a barbeque, and a large shoe rack closet. We also broke down all the furniture with the exception of the master bed. I asked that if I took out items from the move if it would be cheaper and I was told that it was. Or that if I had extra boxes, they could take those in place. Neither of these things took place and I was still charged the same. The movers stated they finished a little early, but I was not credited any money. The movers that moved took a really long time because there was only one person moving (at a slow pace) and two people that stayed in the truck for most of the move.

I've moved multiple times and have never seen movers leave almost the entire labor up to one person. Then I was also charged material fees even though we wrapped most of our own so they didn't wrap them and they didn't even use mattress bags to move our mattresses even though I specifically asked for that. I was charged $85 for this service that really was only used to wrap a couple of items and provide a cardboard protection for my TVs. My computer table, the couches, all of the beds, and the outdoor furniture were not wrapped at all. I was told that all my furniture would be wrapped to protect from travelling and sliding around just in case. Then at my home, the carpet, the door jamb protectors, and the staircase protection was not used either.

I am extremely disappointed because I just moved 3 years ago with Warren Movers and I paid less and I felt like the movers cared a lot more about my things. I only chose All My Sons because I was so impressed with the demonstration that really was not even implemented in my move and the fact that it could be less than what was quoted, if we took some steps to speed the process. So even with everything we did in advance (including eliminating a fair amount of furniture that would need to be moved), they still didn't take any of the boxes, they didn't take time to protect our home or furniture, and we still had to pay the same amount.

I wouldn't even feel so unsatisfied if I felt that they were working really hard and just genuinely ran out of time, but I had movers moving multiple large appliances that same day from Best Buy and they did such an amazing job, working hard and fast and time did not even matter in their case. They also cared about how they moved my furniture in my home, being careful not to drag any furniture across my wood flooring.

I'm really disappointed in this experience and saddened that a company that prides themselves on being family-oriented and caring, hires employees that don't follow through with these ideals. I REALLY liked the up-front meeting- it was really friendly and positive. It made me feel good, like someone was helping me out with my move, not that I was paying someone for a service. However, the actual move was so far from this and the resulting feeling was more like I was being taken advantage of because I was already locked in for that time and price. At this moment, I would not recommend this company or wish this experience on anyone as moving is hard enough. I hope this company can improve their follow-through in the future.

Original review: March 11, 2018

Due to Steve's staff internal issues was why the refund was needed. He refuse to refund the total $100, so he only wanted to return half of the $100 deposit which was never received as of today 3/11/18. On 2/15/18 the movers showed up an hour late to our home, and Steve stated because some of his employees did not come into work that day. Therefore Steve stated that he would arrange a discount once the move was complete. When the movers got to the property at ** the lead guy Roy stated that there would be no discount. My spouse and I advised for him to call Steve. Once they had their conversation, Steve changed his story and no longer wanted to give us a discount. The moving crew wanted to leave and because of multiple internal issues a refund of our deposit was requested of $100 and Steve refused.

My spouse who is a retired veteran stated that the situation was not fair for his wife and something needs to be done on Steve's part. Then Steve stated over the speakerphone that he would only refund $50 of the deposit. The money was given from Cassandra's credit card on 2/9/18 for $100 to confirm the move to be done on 2/15/18 which never happen. My spouse and I was left with no refund on our deposit and never got to move that day by the movers of All My Sons located in 1418 N Henry Blvd Stockbridge GA. I will never refer this moving company to no one, so that they will not have a bad experience and left like your family did not matter. Our family resolution: My family and I would like a total refund of $100 due to the overall bad experience we had. All My Sons moving company did not move us, was unprofessional, and we never received anything as of today 3/11/18. No family deserves this kind of treatment.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I hired them to move my belongings. The more things I unpacked the more things I found damaged. I took pictures and REPEATEDLY called the office. Each time I got another person that assured me my claim was being handled. They never returned calls or emails. The movers damaged several hundred dollars of items and All My Sons, never made any attempt to rectify the damage done. They stalled and lied to me about getting and processing my claim.

My furniture was damage, NUMEROUS items broken and scratched. They did not take care of my furniture at all. It was jammed into the truck as tightly as possible without covering items. Two of the movers worked like dogs! The other two not so much. I tipped them a HUGE amount not knowing the damage I would later find. The office even tried to cheat me out of the quote. It poured down rain and the movers were delayed in the middle for about an hour. I would not recommend this company to anyone. They are totally unreliable. Not to mention I am out a lot of money.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Do not waste your time and money using All My Sons Moving and Storage, Though they try to pass themselves off as the same company, they are not. Dennis (works over the phone) is rude, and Isiah (also over the phone), though appearing helpful, lied to me multiple times and has refused to follow-up with me regarding items that came up missing during the move. Juan in the “call center” failed to pass important information onto the movers that resulted in increased damage being done to a dresser and end table. These items needed to be lifted from the bottom because the tops had become loose. When the movers attempted to lift the dresser, the front left corner came off and caused damage to the top of the dresser. The same thing happened to the table, but there was no permanent damage, the top just won’t attach correctly to the base at the moment and needs to be repaired.

Juan informed me that the movers would disassemble and reassemble all furniture that needed it. However, I had to completely disassemble my son’s bunk bed in order for it to be moved into his new bedroom (which I also did). The movers disassembled our bedroom dresser and mirror and did not reassemble it. The screws needed are missing and the company (Isiah) has not returned my calls regarding their location. The movers also removed our master bedroom door in an attempt to get my son’s bunk beds into his room and did not put it back on when they couldn’t get the bed in. Two hours after the movers arrived, I was told that the estimated time to complete the job would be 6 hours at over $180 per hour. I called the company to inform them that I wasn’t budgeted for that much. Isiah informed me that there wasn’t anything that he could do and that the movers should stop now and unload everything that had been loaded.

About 45 minutes went by before the driver informed me that the company had decided to allow me to pay $600 that day and write a postdated check for the remaining amount for the following Wednesday (February 28th), which I agreed to do. The following day, we realized items had been damaged, not reassembled, and there were pieces missing from furniture. I called the office and spoke with Dennis, who rudely informed me that because they made a deal with me on payment, they didn’t have to reassemble everything. I called him out on his unprofessionalism and rudeness and he hung up on me. I called back and spoke with Isiah who informed me of the same regarding making us a deal. He told me, however, that he would check with the movers regarding the missing items needed to reassemble our furniture. It has now been 4 days and I haven’t heard back at all.

I have stopped payment on the check due to the job not being completed along with the missing and damaged items. Once everything is returned/completed, I will pay the company a discounted rate because of their failure to complete the job as promised. I used All My Sons eight years ago to do two moves, both taking about 4 hours and cost less than $600. The company is under new ownership now and the work takes twice as long because the movers are forced to wrap and secure everything, even mattresses, blankets, etc.! This is clearly how the company prolongs jobs in order to make more money off their customers. Our move began at 12:00 p.m. and completed at 7:45 p.m. I will not be using the company again.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

The main sales person was very professional and I felt safe booking this company initially. However the day of the move, Leo the owner of the company called me to notify me that they are still finishing up a previous job. When I disputed on it not being professional he said too bad I can cancel, and I have no right as a female. Absolutely bizarre. I had no choice but to stick with the company since I had the elevator reserved and it was my last day to leave the unit. No matter what do not book this company. Very unprofessional and they add a lot of stress on top of the already stressful moving process.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

This would be negative stars if I could. We lost our mattress AND bed frame in the move (I have the receipt of our $5,270 purchase). All My Sons insurance sold me on a $20,000 liability insurance that I paid extra for, and told me they would completely replace anything that got damaged. Mind you, Neither I nor my pregnant wife have a bed to sleep on now... Their claims take at minimum 30 days. 30 days!

35 days later, they're offering me $4.00 a pound for our bed. ($500? That won't get me another $5000 bed). They've voided the warranty on my bed because of how they moved it, and they won't repair it. They also broke a glass side table, put 4+ holes in our walls, and scuffed up our rented house before the move. I feel utterly cheated by the sales department, All My Sons, the claims, their sales pitch. This experience has been utter hell.

I, under no circumstances, would EVER recommend using them again. They lie to get you into a contract, and that contract apparently doesn't have to be held. Instead of their "full value replacement" they promised me, it's apparently okay because they can't find someone to repair it, to just fall back to $4.00/lb. HORRIBLE BUSINESS. I will repost this everywhere. I've tried for 6 weeks to get progress on this, and I still have no mattress to sleep on. Thanks AMS.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

If I could give zero stars, I would. This company based in Charlotte NC is horrible. DO NOT hire them for your move. They lied to me to get my move, underquoted my move, refused to come survey property to be moved, this despite my repeated requests that they come survey the move to make sure the quote was accurate, because I didn't want surprises, as I said to them, specifically, "I don't want surprises at the end and have it be doubled." I had a UHaul truck rented for the move and free labor so I would not have hired All My Sons and paid more than double had they been honest at the onset. I cancelled truck only believing the quote. The rep for them chuckled and guaranteed me it wouldn't be double. It might "be a little more, but not double". Well, at end of move, it was more than doubled!

I have been trying to deal with them to resolve this. At first, they ignored my emails for 3 weeks. Then they gave me three different excuses, I call them flat out lies, as to why they won't reimburse me for at least part of the overquoted and paid amount. They have said that they "wish there was more than they could do", they wish they "could give" me some money", but they don't. The movers assured me when they came to move stuff that it would be done in the quoted time, but they started slowing down during the move in spite of my constantly pushing them to move along. They also broke a large TV, didn't protect it properly.

Strangely, the head guy of the move asked me to not say anything to anyone about that, and that he would file the damage claim. I had asked personnel at the company who I dealt with at the onset, to give me the name of person who would review my complaint. They never told me about the Customer Feedback department. When I finally got a hold of the Customer Feedback, (CF) department for All My Sons, and only because the adjuster handling the TV claim told me who to contact for the issue of the quote, and she assured me that settling the TV claim would NOT affect my claim for reimbursement due to All My Sons falsely and intentionally misrepresenting the amount to be billed, the CF person has been giving me all sorts of lies and excuses for not reimbursing me for at least part of claim.

Now they refuse to deal with me because they claim I was not the contracted party. That's another lie. I placed the call, I hired them, I paid the deposit, I paid the final bill, and disputed it. My son's TV was broken and he signed the release form for that claim. It was his TV. I asked the adjuster handling that claim if I should sign that since I hired them, and she said no, that my son should because it was his TV. She assured me that him signing the release would NOT compromise my complaint regarding the quote. She was the one who directed me to file my complaint with CF after I told her that my emails to the personnel at the company were unanswered or unresolved. I detrimentally relied on her word, promise and direction, so she clearly misled me and lied to me, intentionally or not, which now results in my financial loss. She had authority or apparent authority, to my understanding, since she spoke as an authorized representative of the company.

And because of that, now they are saying the Release was for all claims. The Release was for the TV only, and as such was represented to me by their own adjuster. That is misrepresentation, a fraudulent and false statement on which I relied to my detriment. They are the most reprehensible company, that, in my experience and opinion, intentionally under quoted a move, being negligent in not doing their duty to survey the move prior to move to ensure their quote was accurate and true and fair, even after my insistence they do that. I have been financially harmed by their negligence, their incompetence, and their intentionally misleading and unprofessional dealing, or lack of dealing with me in good faith. I filed a complaint with the BBB. They say that All My Sons states they can't deal with me because I am not the contracted party.

I urge you to call other movers. Do not hire them. All My Sons cannot be trusted when they quote a move. Neither are they willing to deal fairly or in good faith with you after the move if there is a problem. I have been harmed financially by their negligence and irresponsibility. Don't let it happen to you. I am pursuing this to the full extent because I don't think they should be allowed to do business like this and because I believe I am due at least a partial reimbursement. I asked them for $300.00. The original quote was for 3 hours at $169/hr, plus the travel hour and incidentals of materials. The stuff to be moved was all packed, taped, in garage ready to be loaded. They didn't need to use boxes. The final bill was close to $1200.00.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

The movers did not write on the boxes what room the packing was done in. They also mixed room inventory. What really irritated me was there were 3 people packing up the house but only 1 to unload the inventory. They charge per hour so what should have taken only a few hours to unload the truck took 6+ hours. The guy unloading the truck asked me to help him. Why should I help to unload the inventory when I paid you to do this? Very unprofessional and I would never recommend or use them again!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017 BE AWARE OF VERY POOR BUSINESS PRACTICES. Move was booked 5 weeks in advance. Spoke to company several times and Monday before confirmed move for 9 am Sunday, Dec 17th. A representative came to my house on Friday, Dec.15 and completed a written estimate for the move to take place on Dec 17th. On Saturday, Dec 16th at approx 6 pm received a text message from that All My Sons was cancelling the move scheduled for the next morning at 9 am.

Furthermore, the owner of this franchise was rude and unwilling to admit that his company made a mistake. We will be taking this company to court as it cost us 3 times the original estimate to complete this move.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

First they wouldn't take all my furniture. The two helpers nice. The one in charge a piece of work. My new condo I just bought walls chipped. Furniture damaged. The price went from 425.00 to 700.00. They didn't want to take some little extra things. Went 15 miles out of the way of my house. Never would ever tell someone to use them. They added an extra hour. I'm a cancer survivor and at the end of the move after closing had 60.00 dollars left and gave them 20 ea. The head of the three was mad. I'm also missing a brand new tablet. Can't find it. Should of went with two men and a truck.

The woman in the office was very nice and refunded me 86.00. Was not happy when I told her what the driver said to my mom. She said she wants to move also and he gave her his private number. He does moving on the side. I told the company this. Not happy at all. But that to me is stealing. Now the other two guys very nice. First time I hired a moving company. I had breast cancer and couldn't lift furniture. Sorry to the company. You need to watch who you hire.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

Worst moving experience ever and I have moved a lot interstate and out of state. The movers were late, cracked my flat screen tv, coffee table, lamp and expensive luggage. I had to file an insurance claim and they only offered $28.00. The movers were unprofessional and didn’t seem to know what they were doing. I had no choice but to stick with them as I had to close on my house and leave by noon. I used the Fort Myers, FL location and the customer service team was equally unprofessional and uncourteous. They simply didn’t care or offer any options beyond $28. I lost $2000 worth of items that shouldn’t have happened if they hired men who knew what they were doing. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

The worst moving experience ever. Their salesperson was great. It was going to be a “white glove” move. 5 inexperienced people showed up. They took forever. Damaged the floor and a door jam the first day. One stole a bottle of wine. They broke thousands of $$ worth of art. Left on the second day without finishing leaving me to figure out how to move an additional 10 boxes. Each day several of the men walked off the job. My furniture was put into storage improperly with several damaged pieces when I brought them out. (Hired a different company who photographed the damaged furniture in place in the storage unit.) Do not use this company.

Resolution response: Dec. 21, 2017

Well...I have to say...the sqeaky wheel sometimes gets the deserved attention. All My Sons moving has redeemed themselves by taking care of my things that they failed to handle properly. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

THESE GUYS GET NO STARS IN MY BOOK... BUT HAD TO GIVE ONE IN ORDER TO POST THIS REVIEW. Their estimator sure knows how to talk them up...They dropped a sub-woofer, Kamado ceramic grill, broke a chair, and an entry side table. All my clothes and Christmas decor was thrown in a heap. Totes were dropped and broke with contents spilling all over the floor. They dropped a box containing a plastic jar of cherries. The top popped off and soaked through the box and they just sat it on the floor and didn't tell anyone and it stains the carpet. They will pay nothing (.60 per lb.) to replace anything. Are you kidding me? They put my Sleep Number bed together incorrectly and I have to pay $180 for a tech to come out. The grill will cost $500 to replace. Not sure about the sub-woofer.

I keep getting the run around with the assistant operations manager. They want to send someone over to fix things? Really? The estimate was a little incorrect according to the crew that came and moved me. Instead of doing what needed to be done by possibly doing a second trip with one truck, doing the job right and reporting back; they proceeded to overload the trucks. Crushing my things. I was quoted at 6 guys and got 5. So what do 5 guys do? Try to do the same job in the same amount of hours as 6 guys. They said they were taking lunch and then called me and said they weren't. They were obviously fatigued and starving by the time to unload and someone thinks the a bag of Cheez-Its and a Monster drink (which was stolen from my counter top) is going to get them through.

The 9 hr mark is approaching, everyone is getting tired, one guy wasn't listening so he was given a time out by the super, and sat in the truck for at least an hour. They charged me for him anyway. I paid good money for my things. So far the only thing that has gotten busted that I packed is a light bulb and a couple glasses. I was told I was getting the cream of the crop by booking early. If this is the cream??? They came so highly recommended and I'm so disappointed that they won't do better to do the right thing. I trusted these guys! NEVER AGAIN! DO NOT EVER USE THESE GUYS! THEY DON'T KEEP THEIR WORD!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

I had given a 1 star review after the move this co. did for my sr. dad. Well, the ops mgr. Antonio made things right with my dad and went above in beyond after the leaving part went wrong. He made sure that on the arrival end in the new place my dad was well taken care of and that it was a smooth transaction and things were done the way they should be. Going forward I will recommend you guys based solely on what Antonio did. Thanks.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I would give them ZERO stars if that was an option. They were absolutely horrible. You can't get a quote online like most companies and once you speak with them, they call you 3-4x/day until you either book with them or decline. They were the only company we contacted that charged a deposit ($200). The quote was for four hours for two men @ $99/hour plus one-time fuel charge and a $99 travel charge. They didn't tell me they charged for tape, wrap, etc. until they arrived to load up. No moving company charges for that (at least none I've ever used).

The fuel charge wasn't a flat fee like most companies, though that was what was indicated when I got the quote. When they arrived to load up and gave me the contract to sign, I saw that it was 12% of the total. All that being said, this move shouldn't have taken more than 4.5 hours (that's including picking up a couple of things from a storage unit in Frisco... The move was from a ground floor 2-BR apt in McKinney to a one-story home, also in McKinney, six miles from the apt). Had it been 5 hours max, it should've cost $665 + tax. That's not at all how it shook out in the end.

To start with, when I booked the move, they said the logistics company they use would contact me 2-3 days prior to the move to confirm the time (they couldn't even give me an estimate of what time they would arrive until 2 days before the move date). I didn't hear from the logistics company until 24 hours before the move. They had about half of the info wrong and had a difficult time getting it right. I was told I would get a MINIMUM of 60 minutes notice from the logistics center to meet the movers at the storage unit. The movers called me when they were 10 minutes from the storage unit. That was helpful since I live 25 minutes away.

One of the guys was great... He worked his butt off. He was very personable and was very conscientious to take care to wrap everything carefully, not scratch up the walls, put the furniture in the appropriate rooms, etc. The other guy was worthless. When they started unloading, he put everything in the dining room (it was the first room when you walked in the door). Didn't matter if it was marked for another room or obviously didn't belong in the dining room, that's where he dropped it. I caught him sitting in the truck on the phone or eating more than once while the other guy was busting his butt working. They stopped to get gas and a snack at 7-11 between loading and unloading that added an additional 30 minutes. It took them well over an hour to load a dining room table, six chairs and a china cabinet at the storage unit. It should've taken half that time.

Another company moved my mom from Dallas to McKinney earlier this year and did it in 4.25 hours. Same furniture (less the dining room table), number of boxes, etc. These guys moved her within a few miles and it took them 7.5 hours. Yes, 7.5 hours. And it wasn't because they were careful. They tore up the walls in both places, almost everything except big, obvious stuff (sofa, bed, etc.) were in the wrong rooms and had to be moved by me the following day (including 76 boxes). Boxes marked "fragile" were on the bottom of stacks of boxes of books (stacked 6-7 boxes high). Boxes marked "Kitchen" were found in every room but the kitchen and all had to be moved. I had to remind them 4x to put the desk in the dining room, not the garage.

They beat the hell out of my mom's brand new washing machine, tore up the corners of several pieces of antique furniture, put the bed together wrong (it was like a seesaw so it was obviously wrong), broke her Christmas tree, and we're still unpacking and continue to find broken items. Luckily, we have 90 days to file a claim for all of that. The list is getting long. And they told us when they were loading that they're not allowed to move live plants (she had one plant). It wasn't in the contract where it listed what they weren't allowed to move (guns, money, jewelry, etc.) and nothing was mentioned when I booked. So we had to go back the next day to get the plant. Never had a mover say they couldn't move a plant. That was on top of having to move almost every single box...either to the correct room or move it to see what was under it and move furniture that was in the wrong place.

They wouldn't unload until we paid them and they estimated a 6-hour total at that time but then took an additional 90 minutes after that and charged us for the OT which was their fault. All that extra time adds up to more for the fuel charge as well. Bottom line, what should've taken 4.0-4.5 hours took 7.5 hours and cost about twice what they quoted. They charged the deposit to the wrong card, charged $56 for tape and wrap, left garbage throughout the house and garage, and overcharged for the fuel charge. Save yourself the aggravation and money and go with someone else. They were AWFUL.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Let me say upfront the sales pitch from Lexis ** sounded great with prompt returned calls, estimates, and other important details. Then All My Sons went dark and did not return calls closer to the move date and that was a major concern since they did not commit to the pickup and delivery. On the moving day All My Sons sends a 72 foot long tractor and trailer and barely squeeze into the community. Poor judgement and almost knocked over a fire hydrant!

Moved from San Antonio, TX to St. Petersburg, FL. I had a 2 day delivery spread and on day 1 (without a storage unit) All My Sons demanded to deliver immediately. A guy name Jonathan screamed at me on my speaker phone in a restaurant. I had to wait one extra day and All My Sons added a 50% surcharge (never noted in writing in the bidding contract). The organization/company or whatever you call it needs to clean out the supervisors, get customer service training, etc. At the restaurant I had to sort of apologize to the 35 people that heard Jonathan screaming at me demanding a delivery address of the storage unit and demanding I bumper another resident moving into our restricted condo association. I will be reporting this company to the Better Business Bureau and based on the previous reviews posted this company is in serious management and leadership problems.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I am a military veteran who has moved many times over the years both throughout Europe and around the US. My experience with All My Sons Moving and Storage of Newport News LLC was the absolute worst and most ridiculous move I have ever had. I had everything packed in boxes and ready to go. The move should have taken about four hours total, it took seven hours. Right off the bat one of the crew made it very clear that he did not want to be there and was not going to do any work. He complained all day that the company treated him like a slave and he wasn’t taking it anymore. An hour into the move I found this individual laying on my couch.

I paid over a thousand dollars for three professional movers to move and care for my belongings. This is not the service I received. Instead I got three inexperienced, rude, lazy, purposefully destructive, disrespectful, unprofessional children who nearly got into a fistfight with one another in the front yard of my new home screaming racial slurs and cussing at one another. After the altercation they were so upset they began literally kicking my belongings off the back of the truck onto the ground and tossing them into rooms leaving my belongings broken and my home in a complete shambles. Items wrapped for the move were not unwrapped and items taken apart for the move were not put back together.

Aside from what was broken in boxes many of my antique furnishings were scratched, dented and broken due to improper moving and packing in the truck. The men also came unprepared. I had to give them boxes to replace the ones they dropped and broke. I even had to let them use my tools and tape and I was still charged for materials. The complete lack of respect shown for me, my belongings and the company these men work for was insulting and embarrassing.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

The move went fine until they ripped my flooring in my laundry room. They didn't tell me and now the corporate office only wants to pay me $50 for the inconvenience. I can't even pay the labor to fix my flooring with that! The house was just restored after a fire so the floor was brand new! They didn't state the real price when offering a quote either. Will never use them again and will be posting as many bad reviews as I can until they rethink their terrible offer of a solution for my floor!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

My household goods were to be moved 10.3 miles to my new home. Movers broke my 55 inch TV and confirmed it broke at delivery. Mover Ben assured me he would report it to his boss. They never reimbursed my moving charges or compensated me for the broken TV despite filing a claim with company. DO NOT USE All My Sons Moving company out of Melbourne, FL. Very dishonest, poor service.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Zero stars would be best. I used this company a little over a year ago and I was really happy with them. This move was AWFUL!! Let me get straight to it. Were going to throw my leather couch over the 2 floor balcony. I thought they were kidding, until I looked down and saw the guy standing there waiting for the couch to be thrown!! Wth. Did I hire these goofs? Unfortunately, yes. The couch was not tossed due to my complaint. My desk drawer that holds my money till for NY business was full of change. Well forget about honest workers. They stole all my change. My black and white Marilyn Monroe painting is missing. They broke my late Nonis heirloom mirror. Custom made mirror from San Francisco. 35 years old. BROKEN!!

When I left them at the old apartment they were almost done, so I said I’d meet them at my new place. Well they arrived at my new place and my son and mom went back to drop off the keys - they left bins of my belongings!! Plus a tall lamp. Wth!! My son called and told me. Thankfully he brought back the rest of my stuff. The one mover had the nerve to tell me they accept tips. Unfortunately I tipped them before I found out all my damages!! Thankfully it wasn’t that big of a tip. Careless movers. Unprofessional. Shady. Thieves. PLEASE hire different movers!! Filed a claim, let's hope they stand up and do the right thing!! I usually don’t complain, however I am not wanting others to go through this!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I could go on for days about how horrible this company is. Charge more than agreed upon, but know you have to pay whatever to get your items that they will hold hostage. Charge for "extras" that were suppose to be included such as packing blankets... Take their time moving and driving to get that upcharge, but do not treat your items with care or caution. Management admits to overcharging and then places blame on you for being "cheap". I had used this company years ago and had a great experience, but they have since been bought and have absolutely turned into a shady thieving company. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

We hired them and the man from the consultation was nice but your typical salesman. They move our furniture and then comes our expensive 4,000$ Samsung fridge. They were forcing it through the doorway and not only scratched the heck out of it, but dented it so bad that we need a brand new fridge now. They scratched our newborn's dresser to heck as well and broke a chair leg. We took pictures and sent in a claim. They gave us the run around of course. We finally get back a letter saying they'll only offer us 243$.00. Doesn't even cover the cost of our sons 300$ dresser. Do not go with these people. There's a reason they always have openings and other moving companies are harder to schedule.

All My Sons Moving Company Information