2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.93/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

All My Sons Moving & Storage offers local moves in 15 states and long-distance moves to anywhere in the United States. Every move comes with basic valuation insurance, but customers can purchase additional insurance for better coverage. The company also offers packing and unpacking services, temporary storage and packing supplies.

BOTTOM LINE

All My Sons performs long-distance moves to anywhere in the U.S. and local moves in select cities. Local move prices trend low, but the website isn’t transparent on prices.

PROS

• Temporary storage
    • Free packing options
    • Expedited moves

CONS

• Pricing not transparent

Top All My Sons Moving & Storage Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about All My Sons Moving & Storage?

My brother, mom and I were all very pleased with their care and professionalism. Nothing was broken or misplaced. Two years later, when I got married, my husband used them to move from his house to mine and NO problems. We plan to use them again to move into our new home and anticipate the same.

I recently moved to Berlin, NJ and my daughter suggested All My Sons as the movers. The men that moved my furniture were not only on time, but they were kind, courteous and most efficient ... they even placed the furniture for me … Should I move again, I will definitely choose All My Sons.

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About All My Sons Moving & Storage

All My Sons Moving & Storage performs local and interstate moves for homes and businesses. The company also offers packing and unpacking options and temporary storage. All My Sons movers quilt-pad, wrap, dismantle and set up furniture for free. Several consumer reviews mention the convenience of the company’s complimentary furniture setup.

All My Sons Moving & Storage cost

A local move with All My Sons costs an average of $1,000. We’ve seen vastly different estimated costs for interstate moves with All My Sons, ranging from $1,450 for a small, short move to more than $8,000 for a three-bedroom move of 650 miles. Customers who opt for full packing services and additional services — like storage or packing supplies — pay more.

All My Sons Moving & Storage moving services

All My Sons assists with local and long-distance moves for homes and businesses. Customers may opt for additional services for a fee. Every move from All My Sons comes with basic valuation insurance, which covers 60 cents per pound for lost or damaged items.

All My Sons provides the following types of moves:

• Local moves: The company performs local moves in 15 states. Its website has a full, up-to-date list of cities where it does business.
      • Long-distance moves: All My Sons moves people long-distance to anywhere in the U.S. For moves fewer than 500 miles, All My Sons performs same- or next-day service. All My Sons assigns a moving consultant to all long-distance moves.
      • Corporate relocation and commercial moves: All My Sons has experience moving businesses locally and long-distance. Call the company directly for more information on how much a large-scale commercial move costs.

Customers wanting to simplify their move may opt for additional services from All My Sons:

• Storage: All My Sons has climate-controlled storage for short- or long-term needs. These storage facilities have 24/7 security, sprinkler systems, alarm systems and an on-site manager. All My Sons delivers and reassembles furniture and other items from storage.
      • Packing and unpacking: Pay a bit more for All My Sons to pack and unpack all your things for residential or commercial moves. All My Sons has experience packing fragile and bulky items like china, glassware, grandfather clocks, sculptures, artwork and pianos.
      • Packing supplies: All My Sons sells moving supplies, including moving boxes, crates, blankets, pads, packing peanuts, packing foam and tape.

All My Sons Moving & Storage FAQ

Does All My Sons have insurance?
      Yes. Every move with All My Sons comes with basic valuation insurance, which provides 60 cents per pound for lost and damaged items.
      Does All My Sons move fragile items?
      Yes, All My Sons movers have experience moving fragile and antique items.
      Where are local moves available with All My Sons?
      Local moves are only available in select cities. All My Sons’ website has a full, up-to-date list.
      Does All My Sons offer temporary storage?
      Yes. All My Sons has both short-term and long-term storage options.

Is All My Sons Moving & Storage worth it?

All My Sons is worth exploring for people looking to move locally or long-distance. The company isn’t upfront about its pricing, and it doesn’t offer local moves in every city. However, the company makes long-distance moves to anywhere in the country. Several consumer reviews mention All My Sons movers and move coordinators being exceptionally attentive and helpful. If your quote seems fair, All My Sons is worth considering.

All My Sons Moving & Storage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about All My Sons Moving & Storage?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

It’s important to let businesses know when they got it right. AMS is a big operation but give you that family-run service. They are professional, accommodating, flexible and reliable. Need to give a huge shout out to the driver & head of the team - James ** - for being the lead on our delivery. Led by example with his attitude, energy, professionalism & demeanor. Made an usually stressful experience manageable. AMS is fortunate to have such an asset and we are grateful for it.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

We are happy to made that move with that company. Great guys and doing a wonderful job packing and storing. They treated our personal things really carefully. The team came in a timely good manner and at the end of the days we finished in good spirits.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

I just moved three blocks from my current house and so rented one of their smaller trucks. Nothing was broken. Price was fair. The guys were respectful of me and my property. They were diligent with Covid protocols.

Original review: March 20, 2020

When my friend's mom gave me a piano, she paid $700 to move it into my home. These guys moved it out along with the rest of my house for a little over $1,000. Yes, that's a little expensive, but they had my entire three bedroom house out and moved in a few hours. I didn't have to haul a washer, go back and haul a dryer, go back and haul a refrigerator. One truck, one time, DONE! The movers were very friendly and nice. I was concerned during the coronavirus that it might delay my moving plans, but it did not. Yes, you get charged for some extra packing material, but have you ever moved not using these things? The extra packing material ensures nothing gets unnecessarily scratched or damaged.

I've had so much stuff scratched from me moving it in my cars. These guys prevented all of that. I was surprised at the amount of stuff I put in boxes that came out of the house. I can see how a quote might be lower because you wind up moving more than you realize, but I was initially quoted a little higher and the final price wasn't as much. I can't complain. This made the move from one house to another so easy as everything was set up in my new house by lunch (aside from unpacking boxes but we color coded the masking tape so the right boxes are in the right rooms). This was totally worth the money. I will absolutely use these guys again. Especially if you're dealing with a piano, use them!

Original review: March 2, 2020

We used All My Sons Moving & Storage to move a complete apartment that was completely over-run with junk. It would have been a very daunting challenge for any company, but Andres and Eduardo ("Eddie") from All My Sons Moving & Storage were simply terrific. They stayed focused on the task at hand and did just a superb job. I would not hesitate to use All My Sons Moving & Storage again and would request Andres and Eddie if they were available. Jim

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I have used many moving companies over the years. This was the worst. Set up onsite estimate last week for this afternoon. After an hour overdue, I called All My Sons Moving and was told their corporate office had stopped all moves in South Carolina. No call to me, no notification, just kept me waiting all afternoon. How rude! I would not trust All My Sons Moving to move my doghouse.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

All My Sons performed a local (.5 mile) move of my studio apartment in August 2020. Unfortunately, the move was a disaster and I never write negative reviews, but am hoping to help others avoid a similar experience - five months later I am still dealing with this mess. A little background, I had a very small move - a few pieces of furniture, TV, light fixtures, and some boxes - that I needed to transport from a local storage unit down the street to my studio apartment. I did this move once before (from the apartment to the storage unit) with another company (Bellhops) with only 2 guys assisting and the move took 2 hours. This move with AMS took THREE hours with THREE guys. They took their time, took breaks, chatted, and just didn't respect my time (or money) at all.

Moreover, I was extremely uncomfortable due to the fact that only one of the three men were wearing face masks, obviously increasing my risk of COVID exposure. Despite promising to be COVID-safe, AMS was not in the slightest. I even received a formal letter from AMS a couple days ago that my claims that the movers were not being COVID safe "are unsubstantiated and ultimately false". Not sure why they needed to formally write that to me? Nevertheless, my building's management team (and cameras), as well as two family members, were present and can verify my statement, although it's ridiculous to even get into this "he said/she said" discussion. The blatant disrespect of this company to its customers, including their health/safety during a pandemic, is all that I wish people to be aware of.

Additionally, the movers broke two of my three lamps and broke my dishes. In order to file a claim for reimbursement, I needed the receipts, which obviously are long gone since I had purchased my items a long time ago. The movers didn't care. Also - they had me sign acknowledgments of move completion/etc. on their iPad. I was essentially coerced into signing, however, because with 2 movers not wearing masks I obviously needed the guys to just get out of my apartment for my safety. I couldn't take the time to deal with the issues in-person during COVID. I just signed so they could leave ASAP.

One more thing - customer service is absolutely ridiculous. They are trained to say all the right things in the initial call, claiming that someone will check in during the move. Nobody called me during the move, as others have also shared in their reviews. In the follow-up call that I initiated after my move, the customer service agent promised to help me resolve the disappointing service. He never returned my calls.

Finally, I moved out of my apartment recently and decided to not hire movers. With just myself (female/not a weight-lifter by any means) and a friend, we managed to pack up my 500 sf studio apartment and move my things in a uHaul trailer in less than 2 hours. I would caution anyone who is considering All My Sons. I do recommend Bellhops, though, and wish they had been available when I needed them because it would have saved me quite the headache.

PS. It takes a lot for me to ever write anything publicly that could harm a business, but my experience was just so negative that I do not want anyone else to have to deal with this. For those who did have ok experiences, you are very lucky and I wish I had listened to some of the more negative reviews before hiring AMS.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

If I could give negative stars, I would. This is not only the worst moving company I've ever dealt with, but probably the worst service company in general I've ever had the misfortune of hiring. My experience was along the same as the many other nightmare experiences detailed all over social media. Their hourly quote came in a little higher than the others, and I was going to go with another company, but found out at the last minute that company wouldn't move a piano. Since AMS had called and left me a message literally every day begging for my business, I called back and they said "no problem, we can move pianos." Yes, technically they can....but shame on me for not asking if they could actually move them correctly.

Fast forward to the unethical business practices of showing up and bumbling through a contract quickly off a tablet, (I was dumb enough to sign bc clock was ticking), then holding your furniture hostage with clock ticking until you sign, and then more of the same to simply get them out of your home and mitigate the risk of any further damage. The damage that incurred on nearly every piece of furniture they moved far exceeds the cost of the move. I had multiple pieces of (mostly expensive) furniture severely banged up, charged for packing materials that were not used (received a partial credit....never credited for the rest), and overcharged for a half hour (as even stated by one of the movers). Oh, and basically nothing they claim they will do (adhere to COVID practices, check in on you during the time of the move, actually send "professional" movers, blanket wrap your belongings, use the materials they charge you for) will actually happen.

The Louisville office is worthless once they have your money, and then you are pawned off to "customer care" in corporate, who is equally as crooked. I've been given two ridiculous low ball offers for the damage that doesn't even cover the $. 60/lb damage amount. I have attempted to contact corporate at a higher level to discuss, only to be blown off not once, but twice. It's a miracle this company is in business still...They should be in prison for fraud.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

Estimator did his job, noted everything to be transported, contract clearly stated 4 people but only 3 showed up with a Penske truck. I questioned multiple times if that would fit all my stuff and they kept reassuring me. By 8 PM, they realized there was not enough space. They wanted to load my Precor treadmill, expensive rugs and other items in the end and they could not. They left at 8:30 without resolving the issue because their time was up and were not allowed to work more than certain hours. I had to evacuate my townhouse by the next morning but those items were still there. I called customer service and was told I had to rent another truck from them, wait for an estimator come in a couple of days and compete the process. I had to pay for the whole process again.

I begged them to at least disassemble treadmill and load all items in my SUV in the morning and they agreed. In the morning, I saw most of the space in the truck was unfilled. When I questioned that those items would easily fit if they managed the space properly, they said, the boxes gave out and they could not stack them. They used very cheap quality boxes which literally ripped from the side. When they left Newport News, it was around 11 am.

It would take 3 hours to arrive at my new home in Northern VA. When they arrived, again, left at 9 PM without assembling any of the furniture because their time was up, some heavy items still left in the garage.

I saw 2 desktop computers packed in the same box without any protective barrier. They completely broke my new computer, making it dysfunctional. Packed my daughter's latex, acrylic paint in the same giant box with all of her clothing ruining almost all of them.

They damaged multiple furniture.

When I complained, they blamed it all on me. They could not reassemble because they were late to leave Newport News because of remaining items they had to load in the AM. I had to pay other people to get them reassembled. Now I am asking for compensation, they say it was all based on weight and willing to pay about 400 dollars. My computer screen alone is worth ~800 dollars which was purchased just a couple of months ago. I asked them to send someone to fix my furniture if they could not compensate appropriately but they would not do that. My expensive furniture worth several thousand dollars ruined. It looked like the guys were so untrained. They just pick up any random people to do the job without training. I have seen movers using thick protective clothes and items while transporting furniture and valuables but they had none of those. The manager was extremely rude and uncooperative.

Their response: "As per your transportation Bill of Lading, you maintain the valuation limit of .60/per lb/per article. Valuation was provided to you at no additional cost to your move. Valuation is not insurance, but the carrier's (AMS) prescribed limit of liability per the Department of Transportation in the event of loss or damage. Weight of the damaged item as 305 lbs. This yields 305 x .60 = $183.00 as our liability limit plus monitors in the amount of $250 for a total of $433 to resolve." So, they are compensating based on weight. I wonder if 1 gm of gold is worth same as 1 gm of cotton. They have no respect for their customers and their valuable items.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

We were quoted an estimate of approximately $750 for the cost of the move from the call center a month and half to 2 months before our move. She assured us that this was probably an overestimate. We booked our move and paid a $100 deposit. Two days before our move we were called to go over all of the items that we have again. We were then told we would need 2 trucks and extra people and it would be $2200+. 3 TIMES THE QUOTE. We couldn’t cancel and go with another company because it was too late to do so. We told them we couldn’t afford that price, we would have to go with 1 truck and same number of people as we were quoted. Whatever was left we would have to move ourselves. It still ended up being over $1200. This was $500 more than what we were originally quoted, and we had no choice but to pay it.

All the other items that didn’t get onto the truck were left for my wife and I to move on our own. We had to rent a U-Haul and spend 18 hours moving the rest of our stuff. This ended up costing us an additional $180 plus gas and time. During this move, they broke a curved glass curio cabinet, 2 holiday platters, a stainless-steel toaster oven and damaged a dresser. The curio cabinet was packaged by the movers and was broken as it was being loaded onto the truck. To add insult to injury, they tried to say it was because of the heat. It was in the 70’s that day. The front glass of the curio was broke. We will have to have a custom piece of curved glass made to fix it. The other items were broken in a box because it was dropped from about 7 feet in the air. I witnessed the guy dropping it.

We spent hours researching our broken items for their ridiculously detailed claim form. Pictures, prices, weight, age, description, etc. From the research they forced us to do, we found out it was going to cost us nearly $1000 to replace the damaged items. They came back with an offer of $103 bucks! If everything is replaced, this $750 move is going to cost us somewhere in the neighborhood of $2400, time moving things ourselves, and hours researching the worthless claim form. They have avoided us and our calls. We ended up accepting the $103 claim and are moving on. I just hope this review will help other avoid this very dishonest company.

All My Sons Moving & Storage Company Information