Ship Your Car

Great Service. Transparent Pricing. Clean Car Guarantee.

Get a Free Quote
1.28/5

Compare Movers

Ship Your Car

Great Service. Transparent Pricing. Clean Car Guarantee.

Get a Free Quote

786 All My Sons Moving Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 14, 2019

I recently moved to Berlin, NJ and my daughter suggested All My Sons as the movers. The men that moved my furniture were not only on time, but they were kind, courteous and most efficient. Everything arrived intact and they even placed the furniture for me. The job was done so quickly it was unbelievable. I was so very impressed with their attitudes and their kindness. Should I move again, I will definitely choose All My Sons. I highly recommend them to anyone needing movers. Great job guys, keep up the good work and continued success and thank you!!!

Original review: April 9, 2019

This company just moved my parents. What an absolute disaster from start to finish. The crew called to tell them that they were just leaving Boulder at the time they were supposed to arrive in Ft. Collins, delaying everything by more than an hour. Even with a clear explanation of the size of the storage unit, they misjudged the size and quantity of trucks needed and my parents had to scramble to quickly book another truck, all on the clock for these movers, paying a much higher price for the truck because they booked it last minute (which meant that they also had to return it to Ft. Collins from Aurora, rather than drop it at another location).

More concerning and devastating, however, were the following: While the four-crew members were nice and courteous, it was clear that NONE of them knew anything about how to safely conduct a large move, how to properly and safely load and unload the truck or carefully and attentively move heavy furniture. Three of the four movers had major falls during the move. I'm not sure how they escaped without major injuries, however, my parents' furniture was not that lucky. It was clear that none of them like their job, and although I don't think it was intentional, I'm sure this had an impact on the care they took in moving my parents' stuff.

Heavy furniture was loaded on top of fragile, light, valuable items. Items were not wrapped, or loaded properly. EVERY SINGLE major piece of (VERY EXPENSIVE, ANTIQUE WOOD) furniture suffered some level of damage, ranging from chips, dents and scrapes to multiple broken legs (on tables and chairs), a giant crack in the front of their grandfather clock, and shelves whose tops were completely cracked off. When I say EVERY piece, I'm not talking about just a few pieces--this includes multiple dressers, multiple desks, multiple tables, multiple buffets, multiple china cabinets, multiple shelves, multiple headboards, etc. These were cherished family heirlooms that had been well-cared for and carefully moved in previous moves. Additionally, boxes of papers were dropped, causing their paperwork to fly all over the truck, getting smashed, dirty, crumpled and in some cases, lost to the wind.

Although the original quote was nearly $800 less than the other movers that my parents had originally planned to go with, with the added cost of the extra truck and extra time, the final cost with All My Sons Moving Boulder was more than $100 more than the other company, not including the tip that my parents felt obliged to give to Josh and his crew.

If you value your stuff, please don’t hire these movers. More importantly, if you want to have a stress-free move with professionals who care about your stuff and know what they're doing, DEFINITELY DO NOT hire this company. [Please note: While this was for my parents' move, I was present to witness this. My parents were devastated, are older and are not as web-savvy, so I am providing the review because they are not sure how to.]

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I've used you in the past for my moves and have always been great to work with. However, over the weekend I moved and one of my boxes never made it to my new apartment. It was labeled "Liquor" and "Fragile". Over $300 worth of wine and liquor just gone. Pretty convenient that that was the ONLY box that went missing during a move. I will never use your company again. I hope your employees had a good Saturday night on my dime.

Original review: March 26, 2019

In my opinion the Gainesville Florida and Corporate Leadership are criminals. Place is made up of thugs. I expect incidental damage in a move but this was downright abuse. I’m glad to share picture proof if you’ll email your request. **. In my opinion you would be better off destroying your furniture with a sledgehammer (or fire) than giving these people your hard earned money...

Original review: March 25, 2019

THE WORST EVER I'VE SEEN, cannot stress to you people looking at this what kind of crackhead thieves they have working here, they must wait outside the county jail to recruit the kind of lowlifes that came to my apt, move booked when I was out of town, and helped themselves to whatever they wanted...since I wasn't there. I have never seen in my life some place calling themselves professionals and charging me 1400.00 dollars for a full service move, and then let their thieves go thru all my stuff and take what they wanted. I would say I'm over a thousand dollars of my belongings are missing.

I have already called the cops and made several reviews on different review pages and but these people will go on to let worthless POS's work for them cause they are unscrupulous and dishonorable. I implore anyone looking to make a move to call some other company, and for God's sake don't take your eyes off the felons. We'll see if the Christian sounding named business ever reads this and makes an attempt to not let those happen to anyone else. Jason **

How do I know I can trust these reviews about All My Sons Moving?

Original review: March 23, 2019

If I could give zero stars, I would because this was such an unbelievably unprofessional company. I was moving a 1 bedroom apartment and specified that it was only including the large items in my apartment that my boyfriend and I couldn’t do ourselves, since I lived on the 19th floor of a building. These items were a bed (which needed to be taken apart), dresser, nightstand, couch, lounge chair, entertainment unit, and table. I was quoted a 3 hour job; it ended up being 5 hours and 45 minutes and I’ll explain why. The loading area that I had reserved for the moving truck was blocked by another truck, which was out of my control. I took action, got the parking authority to move that vehicle, and at this time, the two movers were able to finally park, and walked into my apartment for a 1pm start, as opposed to the original 12.

I called the owner of the company, who couldn’t care less and said that it would be considered a 1230 start. As the day progressed, I caught one of the movers on his phone, talking to someone, leaning on my furniture, just hanging out as if he were at home. This also happened again when it took the both of them to take one small piece of furniture out to the elevator, and the same mover was doing nothing but showing pictures on his phone to the other mover as they came back into my apartment, continuing to waste time. I said at this point, ‘are we almost done here?’, because at this point it was 3:30.

They were finally done at 4, and as I left to go to my new place, the owner called me and asked how everything was going. I told him about the two times I caught his employee on his phone and how unacceptable it was and his response was ‘yeah, they shouldn’t be delaying like that’. No offer to cut me a break on the cost since now, it’s already an hour over the estimated time.

It took me 27 minutes to get to my new home, and I called the owner to let him know that since all of the delays resulted in traffic in my former city. His reply- ‘yeah, they just started the truck now’. I was in tears. I knew this 7 mile drive was going to take way longer than it should. When they finally arrived, I had to pay to release my furniture. I called the owner to tell him how unhappy I was with the time it took for such a small job, and again, he could t care less and just had a condescending attitude and said the price is what it is. AVOID this company at ALL costs. I’m lucky nothing was broken and wished that I read all of these awful reviews that others have had because they ARE TRUE!

Original review: March 19, 2019

STAY AWAY! The 2 movers they sent were out of shape and overweight. It took them 5.5 hours to move a 1 bedroom apartment! They also did not put my bed together correctly. Not only that but they also stole my medication and my brand new Nike shoes! When I reported this to the manager he acted like he didn't care and also defended their 5.5 hour move! When I told him I would be sure to leave a review on several of the sites he said, "You have fun with that." and hung up. Very unprofessional company.

Original review: March 19, 2019

So this weekend I hired All My Sons Moving company. I was quoted 1300 to move 3 beds, 2 sofa, a fireplace and a pool table. When they got there they said the pool table had to get disassembled which I told them it was already disassembled and they knew that's how it was going to be moved. We wasted 1 hour talking to the guys' boss and when we go to the next house which was 5 minutes away they came up that if I didn't pay an extra 450 dollars they wouldn't unload. They said it would take them an extra 1 hour to unload when it took them 1.5 hours to load. The guys were standing waiting for this and all this time the clock was still running. I would never call this company again or even tell my coworkers or friend about them.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Dont ever use this company. They are bad for business. They will steal your property, damage your property and tell their drivers to take off with your stuff. This company is on drugs. They have stolen all my jewelry, clothing. They tried to steal everything in my by telling me they wasn't giving me my property by trying to overcharge. Don't ever use this company. They need to be shut down. They are bad for business.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I had trouble getting a company where I live. They were available. Big mistake. The company insisted on keeping my load overnight. Said it was too dark to unload. The movers got grease all over the carpet of the house I was leaving. That had to be cleaned. The company did not pay for it. They left the water on when they moved the washing machine flooding the upstairs. They said it wasn't their fault. The movers broke my table, TV tray stand, an ottoman and damaged a cedar chest and bookcase. Since I have unpacked, several items are missing that I wasn't aware of until now. They obviously keep items they wanted. This company is not cheap and is not professional and is not honest. I would not even give it a star if I could do negative points.

Original review: March 9, 2019

My wife and I contacted All My Sons to help us move our "big furniture" into our new home. Three men met us at the 1st location which was a storage building at 9:00 am and the first thing I noticed was a strong odor of **. My first thought was do they not do random drug test on these guys? My 71 year old Father-In-Law and I brought all the heavy big furniture from the 3rd floor down to a staging area where the 3 guys could load the truck. My Father-In-Law and I had everything down that we wanted moved by 10:15-10:30.

My Father-In Law and I then went to his house where his garage was packed with more furniture. We waited and waited and finally got a call from the driver around 11:25-11:30 stating that they had one more piece of furniture to load and they would be on the way. 30-45 minutes later they showed up to the house which is literally less than 2 miles from the storage unit. WHAT IN THE WORLD!!! Does it really take that long to load one piece of furniture??? So my Father-In-Law and I brought everything down in an hour and fifteen minutes to an hour and a half from the 3rd floor of the storage unit yet it takes three men 3 hours to load the truck where all the furniture is in a staging area 30-40 feet from the truck!!! That is absolutely ridiculous!

When they got to my In-Law's house I asked them if we had to wrap everything and they said no. From this point forward, they didn't wrap another thing and things went a lot faster! When we got to the new house to unload, the guys had to get me to fill out a form first before they would unload the truck which we didn't have a problem with...however, my wife and I had figured it would be around $900 or a little less, but when we saw the bill it was $1089 minus the $50 deposit which made it $1039! This is around $150 more than we had anticipated!

I called the office and spoke with a guy who was very rude towards me with an "I don't give a crap" attitude and he explained that if the guys finished early then we would be credited that amount back to our account. They unloaded much faster and scratched our hardwood floors in a couple of places really bad, and banged and scuffed our walls really bad getting furniture upstairs. All of the big items that went upstairs were wrapped with moving blankets and the items that were not wrapped were put in the living and dining rooms downstairs.

After a week went by, my wife actually had to call to get the money credited back to us... The guys left our house at 2:30 as I looked to see what time they left knowing that we should be refunded. When talking to the same rude guy at the office he informed me that the "GPS" showed them leaving at 2:40. Now I'm being called a liar since I specifically looked at my watch and it said 2:30!!! This is by far the worst company every and their ratings show for it! Should have listened to several friend and hired Tiger Moving and Storage!!! Absolutely would not recommend this company to anyone as they will RIP you off!

Original review: March 7, 2019

We had All My Sons move furniture from our storage unit in Largo to our new home we had not even moved into yet. They damaged an expensive office desk (broke the leg); broke drawers, ripped the screen on the door (new home). They broke dishes, damaged door frames. When putting the back on a recliner the guy pushed it and it hit the wall and made a red streak across the wall. And much more broken items that can't be recalled today. We called the company to file a claim and they gave us the run around and said an appraiser would come to the house... Ha it never happened and now it has been a year still no word from them.

We even tipped three drivers $100 each and bought them lunch and one of the drivers said the sub he asked us for was not correct. Can you imagine he complained after buying his lunch. They broke the tiles on a outdoor table and now we have a table with two tiles still missing. I gave them the tiles after the driver said they would fix them. Horrible horrible moving company. If you value your furniture use someone else. I can't provide photos because we have repaired the stuff since our claim was left on deaf ears with no intention of ever resolving the issue.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I had a confirmed move for this past Saturday and was promised I'd be the first customer that morning as I had to be out of my apartment and into a storage facility by 5:00 PM that afternoon. I was called at 10 AM and told the truck intended for my job was still loaded from the night before and it would be an hour before they could get to me. At 12:30, I finally called to ask when they would get there and was told that they'd call me back only to finally learn at about 2:00 PM that they would not be coming. This company is a joke and completely left me out on a limb which will now cost me additional time and expense with my former landlord all because this company does not live up to its obligations. Decent pricing is not worth the total lack of responsibility. Look elsewhere.

Original review: March 2, 2019

This company should no longer be in business. They confirmed with us for Friday at noon and they kept refusing to give us updates on when the movers would get to us and eventually it became 6 PM and they said their movers that were supposed to be doing a 4 hour job somehow turned into 12 hours and they wouldn’t be done until 9 so we should “find someone else.” We had to be out of our apartment that day so I called around to Two Men and a Truck and they told me I was the 3rd call of desperation they had received that day from them cancelling on people and frankly Two Men were more apologetic than All My Sons were for leaving us stranded. NEVER EVER USE.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

My move suppose to take place on Saturday February 23rd between 830-900am and I receive a phone call Friday at 8:30 pm telling me I had to reschedule my move because they got behind due to the rain. Seriously? So they reschedule me on Sunday February 25TH between 0830-900 am. The day of the move they showed up at 1215 and finally ended up finish loading my things at 2:30. So I asked the movers if they were going to follow me to the destination and they said yes but as we're on the expressway they get from behind me and take a longer route and gets lost so I had to wait for them at the destination for over an hour to arrive. So I call the morning and kept telling me I give them the wrong address even the employee of storage unit told him that was the right address.

So finally the movers show up and I'm still on the phone with the man. He tells me unless I pay what he said I couldn't get my stuff off the truck so I paid 815.00 for a one bedroom no living room apartment and they took about 2 hours to unload my things. I sent their corporate OfficeMax email and spoke to someone but it seems useless. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

We had these movers move our mother's heavy furniture from her apartment to our house. It was a close move and they handled the furniture well. The guys who moved us were pleasant if not a bit slow going back and forth from the truck to the apartment. The two men that I spoke to on the phone were more than helpful and very good with communication. I would recommend the local Portland movers.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

The move with All My Sons Moving Co. was a pleasant experience. Alex, Steven and Baby were communicative and supportive. We even shared a few quick laughs. They were careful with my furniture and were focused on supporting me throughout the move. They were on time and efficient. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

This is a horrible experience with this company. My bf picked it online based on rating. They showed up at 11:30 am. Do not have certificate of insurance to move stuffs inside building. The truck stayed on street until 4 pm. The manager whose drivers called him boss tried to extend time and charged us $169 per an hour doing nothing. We ended up unloading all stuffs on the dock and the manager pushed us pay cash $900 before making any move... All he do is extend the time call to talk with my condo manager but did not cooperate or reimburse any credit.

I haven’t seen any company like this in this world trying to rip people off. Very rude, unprofessional and intolerant not even legal to provide service when they can’t provide insurance. Anyway we paid $900 and have all stuffs unload on the dock outside. That’s ridiculous. All customers please watch out for this company and don’t choose them if you don’t want to be ripped off and have horrible experience. Awful.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I used these movers in Scottsdale AZ to move into an apartment and storage units after my divorce. Made me sign a paper (which I should have never have signed) before continuing. Three big guys came, said they were from Houston, one asked me if I wanted to go out! After the move, I realized they had stolen all of my Spode Christmas china, an expensive pearl necklace from Japan, and who knows what else. Extremely disappointed. They let my 2 dogs loose and they ran away before we left. It was horrifying. Run fast and far from these guys.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Quote was 400 dollars wrong. A 5 mile move cost me the same with these guys as it did to move the same amount 2.5 hours. Trip fee, packaging, are hidden fees. Clearly slow workers. Also damaged a piano, they would not even pick it up or use dolly, also ruined desk, damaged nice heavy bedroom chest, broke a 400 dollar mirror. Did not package entire mirror, used my new pillows for padding which ripped cover... 50 dollars gone, 800 dollar move for 2 bedroom and upright piano on 1st floor to first floor storage with all damages was a complete ripoff. And yes they do award you the price of the move only after they unload and the charge based on estimate so you overpay. It took me over a week to get that refund and it was still over 50 dollars. The company had done nothing to compensate.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I recently used All My Sons to move from Miami to Palm Beach. I was very pleased with the overall experience as they kept it professional the entire time. All My Sons sent out an estimator that was helpful and furthermore guys that were great. I hope not to move again in the future, but when I need to, All My Sons will get the call.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Booked this company to move furniture pieces during an estate sale. Did not show up on the 2nd day of sale during the hours of the sale. Kept calling. Was told numerous times that they were running late... Then after the sale hours were over, I called back and was told that they knocked on the door and no one answered... Complete liars... There were dozens of people there... including the estate sale employees. Do not do business with this company.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

They will tell you over the phone that they charge you 129 for 3 or 260 for 6 people. They do not tell you about additional charges like for example packing material. So they come with their truck and since they do not charge you by weight they now load the truck in such a way that it becomes necessary to have a second truck. Now they charge you extra for the second truck. They will also ask you for payment for each step prior to that step being completed. They load the truck you need to pay, before they unload the truck, you need to pay again. This is highway robbery.

While we were discussing the charges the drivers were told to take off with the truck. Even though, we had not even completed our negotiations with the company. They do not care what you say or if they are wrong or right. They simply left. The manager told us on the phone, "I do not keep the people there if you do not want to pay". My wife was in tears since she had selected the moving company and we were forced to pay since we could not be without our furniture. It would be great if others with a similar experience would contact me and we can possibly have a class action lawsuit.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

This is one of the worst moving company, please be aware. DO NOT HIRE THEM. They took Over $200 dollars from my 80 years old mother's account when they were hired to moved her and myself, which I called them to cancel the moved because the apartment was not ready to move in until 2/9/19. They still show up the wrong day which I already cancel. I was told that the deposit was going back to my mother's account and will take about 3 to 5 days, which it never happen. Called the company several times and was told different stories, so frustrating and angry about this ordeal. I called them again and was told by the manager in Portland, Oregon that my mother was not going to get the deposit back because the moved was not cancel within 48 hours that we should have received a e-mail stating that, which I assure him that we never got any e-mail. He stated no money was going to be returned to my mothers account.

I also were told that if we wanted to be moved on a Saturday that by law by the state of Oregon, we will have to pay them $650 for 5 hours, I told him that I only needed them for 2 hrs, again he said that by law I need to pay them $650, I told him I am going to pay you for 3 hrs for doing nothing, can do that. I cancel everything and my poor mothers did not get her Social Security money back. They horrible people, mind you she only gets $347 dollars at month for her retirement. Shame on them. Sadly it happened in Portland, Oregon.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I used this company to move into a condo this past weekend. The quote I received on the phone was nowhere near the actual cost. I was quoted $360 for a two hour move plus packing supplies. My final bill was $587.96 for a one bedroom move. They tack on fuel, credit card, and travel time fees. They also billed an hour extra for a two hour move. I do not recommend this company to anyone. They also did not explain at the end of the move that the total they were charging my card did not reflect the $200 deposit I put down.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

This was by far the worst moving experience I have ever had. I can't even give them one star. They have quite a few hidden fees that are not discussed upfront. When the driver arrived he stated that "I bet they didn't tell you about the fuel fee?" I explained that I was not aware of any charges outside of the $129 hourly rate for a minimum of 4 hours and 12% tax. The whole move was about $200 more than expected and was not worth it. There was damage done to my furniture but the company never called to follow up on the damage report. I had to call them. Very unprofessional. I will never make this mistake again.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

This moving company is a complete SCAM!! I was told over the phone that I would need to pay $100 deposit before scheduling a moving date and time. I was quoted $110 an hour, for a two man crew and truck. When they arrive, they have three guys to a truck. They began moving me and my girlfriend's belongings... Mind you, all of our items were by the door, ready to be picked up and taken to the truck. Maybe a total of 15 items. But anyways fast forward to them getting to our new place. The lead mover comes to me with this tablet and explains to me the moving expenses. He says it’s $546 for just the labor and it’s $144.95 an hour for a three man crew. I also was charged for mileage as well. After they deducted my $100 deposit, the grand total was $745.

I thought it was a joke when the mover showed me this bill. So he offered me to speak to his manager. I told him that there is no way that I’m paying $745, for this small move that was just made. If I had known it would have cost me this much, I we would’ve done it ourselves. He says he’ll just have his guys take my stuff back to their headquarters and unload it there. That’s when I got very frustrated and told him that my belongings will not be taken anywhere, but placed in my new apartment. He puts me on hold for a minute, then comes back and says, "the best I can do for you is $645." I said this move should have only cost, maybe $250-$300. There's no way I’m paying that. Plus I was told that I was being charged $110 for a two man crew and your guys show up with three, without saying a word to me about it. Now you want me to pay $144.95 an hour. It’s not gonna happen.

He starts to try to over talk me and argue with me. Finally I get tired of the back and forth, so I just say, take the $100 deposit off the $645, which would make it $545 and leave it at that. He says okay but if your items are damaged, they’re not reliable for them and that I can’t file a claim because I didn’t pay the full price. So I pay the bill and the movers began to move me and my girlfriend's stuff in.

They take most of the stuff where it’s suppose to be, but tell me that their boss says they can’t take everything where it’s suppose to go because they were suppose to be gone an hour ago... I said to the three movers... "do you guys go through this all the time with people who feel that they are getting way overcharged?” They said “all the time. We’re always in these situations, because our company aggressively overcharges their customers.” I say all of that to say this... stay as far away from ALL MY SONS MOVING COMPANY!! They are crooks and con-artist. They won’t be in business for to much longer, doing people the way that they do. It’s only a matter of time.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

The office people told me they could move at night, would dismount a tv, and quoted me a certain price. The next day on the confirmation call, the boss denied any of that was in the notes. Additionally, I was informed of numerous other charges including plastic wrap and tv boxes. Bait and switch. On the phone they were extremely good salesmen and knew exactly what to say. Be careful! I’m glad I fired them and found a much better company before they could hose me!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Where to begin... My husband booked the service, he explained what we were moving. We had a storage unit (including sq footage) as well as items from our home (itemized and told square footage) that we were moving about 45 minutes away. He was quoted 4 men, 6 hours for $700 approx. The gentleman showed up, there were only 3 men. I personally stayed with them at the storage unit. The men were extremely personable, and FAST with the shed. We went back to the house, and they began loading there. Things didn’t go as well here. One gentleman didn’t follow the direction of the man that appeared to be the lead. He ended up scratching our wall. Not so bad that I couldn’t patch it...but that’s not the point. Our coffee table was dropped and broken out of the truck.

I know things happen in a move. However this happened because of the company mistake. Not only did our belongings not fit on the truck. We spent an extra hour and a half...almost 2...just watching them play adult Tetris with our items trying to make everything fit. This is when our coffee table fell off the truck. My husband arrived home and wasn’t happy at all with what he found. The gentleman moving were not allotted a time to eat or even stop for water. It was evident they were trying their best to hurry, they were working for HOURS and were not allowed to take a break. I asked. "Can you not eat? You have to have a lunch...legally." I was told they were only given 5-6 hours to get the move done and they couldn’t eat until it was done.

By the time we arrived to our new place...we were past the time we were originally quoted and they hadn’t even dropped our items off at our new storage shed. Half of the fittings for my sons bed were lost because they weren’t removed from the bed before it was moved. A crucial component of our storage shelf was lost. We filed a form for the broken items and we were reimbursed partially for those. However. Our $700 quote...we were billed a final bill of $1500. My husband called and the person in the phone basically told him it wasn’t an exact quote and tried to educate him on what approximate meant. No arguing on our part, the fact that the company made the mistake that caused the extra time...or that damage was done BECAUSE of that negligence seemed to matter.

We absolutely are floored by the verbal treatment and my husband and are livid with this company. Absolutely the WORST customer service I have ever experienced. The disrespect for our time and money is unacceptable. I can only suggest that you stay far away from this company. They are dishonest, and then when called on it...turn it back on you for not knowing better.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

This is my second time personally using movers here in Denver, and this move was twice as much as my previous move with Local Moving LLC ($199/hr flat rate). As a real estate agent, I have referred this company to past clients who are moving, but I’ve never heard how much their moves were. But from this point on I will never refer to any client again, as well as letting Coldwell Banker - Denver know to do the same. I personally moved this weekend, my total move was $581, a majority of this was ridiculous fees.

1) They charged me $72 for the materials (6 tapes, 1 roll of plastic wrap, and a mattress bag). I was loading up my car with clothes and got back in the house and everything had been wrapped. I told the movers I could tape my rugs, and they said not to worry about it, they could do it. I had the mattress, and other furniture wrapped in an old quilt too.

2) Dishonesty goes a long way, I guess! When I spoke to the dispatcher originally, I asked the price and he told me $150/hour, a “special rate” for me referring customers to them. I asked about any additional fees and he told me that I could buy packing material, but I told him there was no need since I didn’t have much furniture, the mice was short, and I didn’t need my furniture wrapped. This is why I went with All My Sons instead of Local Movers LLC.

3) I moved 3/4 of a mile away from my current place in Englewood. The movers arrived at 8:00 am and were completely finished moving me by 9:30 (but there is a two hour minimum, which is OK). My move only consisted of 1 bedroom, 1 living room, a bath and a dining room + kitchen boxes. The travel time was charged at $149, plus the $149 x 2 hours, materials, a labor charge of $298, and fuel charge of $63. Beware of all these hidden fees, and I recommend using Local Moving LLC instead @ $199/hour. Flat rate.

All My Sons Moving Company Information