All My Sons Moving & Storage

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks:

JK Moving Services

JK Moving Services Reviews

About All My Sons Moving & Storage

All My Sons specializes in local and long-distance moves across the United States. Through a network of locations, the company offers a variety of services, including packing, unpacking, next-day cleanup and temporary storage options.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • Available the same or next day
    • Free packing options
    • White-glove moving services
    Cons
    • No instant quote tool
    • Some services vary by state

Featured Reviews

Verified
    Knoxville, TN

Competent workers and safe with my belongings. Very reasonably priced and quick. Friendly staff and accommodating… I had a problem with the billing, office was quick to correct th...

Verified
    Murrells Inlet, SC

Good news: These guys were fast and worked hard. They didn't break anything. Bad news: They brought a truck that was too small and we had to leave a few things. They didn't mark a...

About All My Sons moving company

All My Sons Moving & Storage performs local and interstate moves for homes and businesses throughout the United States. The company offers services including white-glove moving and temporary storage. Every move comes with basic valuation coverage; customers can purchase additional insurance for better coverage.

• Long-distance moves: All My Sons does long-distance moves to anywhere in the U.S. For moves fewer than 500 miles, All My Sons performs same- or next-day service. For all long-distance moves, it assigns moving consultants.
    • Corporate relocation and commercial moves: All My Sons has experience moving businesses locally and over long distances. Call the company directly for more information on how much a commercial move costs.
    • Storage: All My Sons has climate-controlled storage available in some locations. Facilities have 24-hour security, sprinkler systems, alarm systems and on-site managers.
    • Packing and unpacking: Movers can quilt-pad wrap, dismantle and reassemble furniture. Several reviews mention the convenience of the company’s complimentary furniture setup. Customers can pay extra for white-glove services.
    • Packing supplies: All My Sons sells moving supplies for those who want to pack on their own, including boxes, crates, blankets, pads, packing peanuts, packing foam and tape.

All My Sons moving prices

According to some recent reviews, All My Sons Moving & Storage’s prices for local moves start around $200. Longer-distance moving costs vary but appear to start around $1,000. We’ve seen vastly different estimated costs for interstate moves with All My Sons, ranging from $1,450 for a small, short move to more than $8,000 for a three-bedroom move of 650 miles, not including tip. Customers who opt for full packing services and additional services — like storage or packing supplies — pay more.

All My Sons Moving & Storage FAQ

Does All My Sons have insurance?

Every move from All My Sons comes with basic valuation coverage, which covers 60 cents per pound per article. If you want greater coverage, ask the company to help you get full value protection.

Does All My Sons move fragile items?

Yes, All My Sons moves fragile and antique items, such as glassware, grandfather clocks, sculptures, artwork and pianos.

Does All My Sons offer storage?

Yes. All My Sons has both short-term and long-term storage options.

Where is All My Sons Moving & Storage available?

Local moves are only available in select cities. However, the company has offices in the following states:

• Alabama
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Utah
    • Virginia

Is All My Sons a good moving company?

All My Sons is worth considering if it is available in your area. Happy and satisfied customers seem to appreciate that the movers work quickly and offer extra packing options. However, we noticed some frequency of All My Sons complaints about the company’s customer service.

All My Sons Moving & Storage Reviews

Stars Rating

• 6%
    • 1%
    • 1%
    • 6%
    • 86%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about All My Sons Moving & Storage?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about All My Sons Moving & Storage?
      Customer ServicePriceMoversPacking

Reviewed June 2, 2024

I used All My Sons to move from one state to another. From the first phone call, never having used a moving company before, found them to be professional and informative. The day of the move Roy, Raymond and the Leader Mark arrived. I can’t begin to state how professional, caring and respectful these men were. They took care in making sure all my belongings were wrapped and padded appropriately, they ticketed each item and scanned them. Upon arrival to my new home they made sure each item was rescanned and everything arrived. They were so thorough.. Their prices competitive.. I called and researched - their professionalism and price was what made me choose them. I can’t say enough about the three guys that came to move me.. Exceptional!

Reviewed May 4, 2024

I had a wonderful crew help us move. Kale, Troy, Termaine, Jojo, Tyree and Kwan did an excellent job. I had many heavy woodworking tools in my basement and they made me feel comfortable knowing they knew how to move those heavy items. They were quick and efficient. We asked for small favors and they were always accommodating. I would definitely consider All My Sons Moving if I ever move again.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

MoversDamage

Reviewed May 3, 2024

It's a shame that others are reporting bad experiences. I've used All My Sons for previous moves. For my recent move, 1 May 2024, the move was perfect. The movers from the Albuquerque, NM location helped with this move. I couldn't have had a better experience and Dylan and Brett were awesome. Nothing was scratched, dented, or broken... unlike the experiences I've had with Two Men and Truck and Bekins (and it's subcontractors).

MoversQuote Accuracy

Reviewed Aug. 10, 2023

All My Sons was not bad overall but there is definitely some room for improvement. First of all the Herbert and his crew did an amazing job with my delivery hands down and I hope that they get recognized for the work they did. Now as far the estimate I think they robbed me but considering it took 3 trucks to move me. I may have gotten what I was asking for. I will say all in all the company did what I asked but they charged me very well.

Profile pic of the author.
        MoversDamage

Reviewed July 10, 2023

I have used All My Sons twice during the past 9 years to handle my moves from CT to Florida. I was happy with my first experience with them so I chose them again. Jabbar and Widley moved me most recently, and were professional, hard-working, efficient and a pleasure to deal with. Not a single thing was damaged during my move. They really know what they are doing and it shows, The office staff and dispatchers who I dealt with were excellent as well. Highly recommend!

Verified purchase
        Customer ServicePriceQuote AccuracyDamage

Reviewed June 5, 2024

Beware! Do your homework before hiring these people. Absolute worst experience I’ve ever had after paying for a service. Their employees stole from us and caused thousands of dollars in damage. Once what was left of our belongings were locked in their trucks the price of the move went up and they held our belongings hostage until we agreed to pay more. This seems to be the way they do business and it looks very much like a criminal organization. After posting a similar review on another site, I received a message from Heather ** (their community coordinator) who asked me to call as soon as possible - but no one really answers the recorded line at the number provided.

Customer ServiceMovers

Reviewed June 2, 2024

The movers did a great job but said they couldn't get my dressers upstairs so my wife, me & our 2 sons got them upstairs. I called and customer service was so rude and nasty. I do not recommend at all because of customer service. I keep trying to escalate this but nobody will return my call.

MoversPunctuality & SpeedDamage

Reviewed May 29, 2024

We just finished our move and I can honestly say this is the worst business I have ever dealt with. They are unprofessional and unethical. I booked a month in advance with a deposit and couldn’t get a written confirmation other than a text confirming the date and rate. When I tried to get a confirmation I was told I would get a call two days in advance. I should have trusted my gut and ate the deposit and booked with another company. When I did get confirmations, they were always for the wrong amount.

The three-man crew showed up and after over an hour moved the first piece of furniture out of my house, scratching the hardwood floors in the process. When they finally got to the new place with all of our furniture hostage, they demanded $1700 from my wife to start moving off the truck with the move finishing at 3:00. Two hour later they hadn’t brought a single item into the new place but “staged everything off the truck".

At 3:00 they extorted several hundred dollars from us to get everything in the door. With the first piece of furniture, they sent it through the wall and then treated a 100 year-old antique like a sack of floor turning in on its side allowing the shelves to bust out the glass. I found other damage after they left. I had to leave early but they browbeat my wife for a tip and then demanded a 5-star review. Casey led the crew, who were neither movers or strong, and Carter was calling the shots on the back end demanding more and more money mid-move. Book with someone else or greatly wish you did.

Customer ServicePriceMoversPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 25, 2024

These are the ABSOLUTE worst movers I have ever used. I have moved my elderly parents three times. These movers were by far the worst. They charged twice the expected amount. Movers were slow, rude, unprepared and unprofessional. Please find anyone else to move you.

Shannon

Please try to share this message and your experience with your State Attorney General. I too had a terrible experience including theft of and damage to my property. And then a low ball settlement offer that required my signing a NDA. Not sure how they aren’t being investigated as a criminal organization?

Verified purchase
        Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPriceMoversQuote AccuracyPunctuality & SpeedDamagePacking

Reviewed May 24, 2024

We moved on Saturday 4/27/2024 from a condo to a house and had a terrible experience using All My Sons Denver. Below is a recap of everything that went wrong. Damage to property: Perhaps most frustrating of all is that I was left with a HUGE scrape in my wood floor that spanned the length of my entire condo. They moved the grill from the outside patio across the condo and neglected to pick it up. When I finally saw it, the guy pushing the grill ignored me. When I finally got the lead guy’s attention, he attempted to submit a claim on the spot but his iPad wasn’t working. He assured me he would tell the office at the end of the day to get the claim process started, but I had to call the next day to initiate the process.

Claim process/customer care: I filed a claim for the damage and it got denied immediately. When I called to ask why, the customer care associate told me I was a liar and the scrape existed before the move. Joe Casarez was rude, disrespectful, and hung up on me. I called back to the Denver office to get some help, and they insist they cannot help me in any way. Every time I get transferred to customer care now, no one picks up and every single voicemail inbox is full. It has been a month now and I feel helpless.

Hidden fees/lack of transparency: When it came time to pay my bill, it was about DOUBLE what I had expected. They never sent me a list of the cost of packing materials before the move date like they said they would, and the materials were astronomical (over $350) for limited supplies actually used as we had packed the majority of our condo ourselves ahead of time. By the time the move date was nearing, we couldn’t adjust to another company last minute and were stuck with whatever they were going to charge, but I didn’t think we would get royally screwed with these kinds of premiums.

Further, they charge a “19% fuel surcharge.” I assumed this was 19% on the gasoline used by the truck and it was never explained to me. Shame on me for not asking for a formal definition of something that felt pretty self explanatory. It turns out that the “fuel surcharge” is in fact a 19% fee on labor and materials. I feel this particular charge is incredibly misleading and hence, I feel scammed on this one especially.

Speed/efficiency: Of the team of 3 men helping, the lead was working at a reasonable pace but the other two could not possibly be slower. They would disappear for lengths of time and would spend a significant amount of time idle, standing around waiting for the lead to tell them what to do next. When every 15 minutes is costing me $52, I was getting more and more frustrated by this as the day went on.

Idle time: When the crew arrived, they started the clock immediately and yet nothing was actually moved for a good 15 minutes. Further, the lead went through all of the “pre-move” paperwork with me while I was being charged for move time. Once the truck was packed, the team of 3 all sat in the truck for ~10 minutes collectively waiting for the “window to defrost”. Once again, they did not work as a team, nor did they work efficiently. Two of the three men did nothing for about 20 minutes from the last item they picked up to leaving in the truck.

Not adjusting for appropriate labor hours: When you get to the place you are moving to, they estimate the additional time it will take to unload the truck and you pay then. After, they are supposed to “true-up” the time actually spent. In my case, they did not adjust the true time of departure and therefore they were not going to refund me the time I paid for but did not use. I had to call the next day and clarify the time they left and asked for a refund. The person I spoke with was hostile towards me and told me the men were “reconfiguring the truck” before they left – for 25 minutes?! It was the ultimate souring blow to such an awful experience.

Shannon

So sorry you too had such a terrible experience. After they stole from me and damaged my belongings (and floors of the house I was moving out of) - they managed to hold my belongings hostage until I paid them far in excess of their quote. They told me they were on the clock and getting paid by the hour so they could sit there as long as it took for me to pay the ransom. Please contact your state Attorney General and share your experience.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Moving partner.

All My Sons Moving & Storage Company Information

All My Sons Moving & Storage
          1102 Old Stage Rd State
          Simpsonville
          SC
          www.allmysons.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: