Find a Movers partner

3.7/5 (1063 ratings)
Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About All My Sons Moving & Storage

All My Sons specializes in local and long-distance moves across the United States. Through a network of locations, the company offers a variety of services, including packing, unpacking, next-day cleanup and temporary storage options.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Available the same or next day
    • Free packing options
    • White-glove moving services

Cons

• No instant quote tool
    • Some services vary by state

Bottom Line

All My Sons might not be as upfront about costs as other movers, but it’s worth considering for local and long-distance services. The company offers many moving and storage options in most states.

Top All My Sons Moving & Storage Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Competent workers and safe with my belongings. Very reasonably priced and quick. Friendly staff and accommodating… I had a problem with the billing, office was quick to correct th...

Verified

Good news: These guys were fast and worked hard. They didn't break anything. Bad news: They brought a truck that was too small and we had to leave a few things. They didn't mark a...

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About All My Sons moving company

All My Sons Moving & Storage performs local and interstate moves for homes and businesses throughout the United States. The company offers services including white-glove moving and temporary storage. Every move comes with basic valuation coverage; customers can purchase additional insurance for better coverage.

• Long-distance moves: All My Sons does long-distance moves to anywhere in the U.S. For moves fewer than 500 miles, All My Sons performs same- or next-day service. For all long-distance moves, it assigns moving consultants.
    • Corporate relocation and commercial moves: All My Sons has experience moving businesses locally and over long distances. Call the company directly for more information on how much a commercial move costs.
    • Storage: All My Sons has climate-controlled storage available in some locations. Facilities have 24-hour security, sprinkler systems, alarm systems and on-site managers.
    • Packing and unpacking: Movers can quilt-pad wrap, dismantle and reassemble furniture. Several reviews mention the convenience of the company’s complimentary furniture setup. Customers can pay extra for white-glove services.
    • Packing supplies: All My Sons sells moving supplies for those who want to pack on their own, including boxes, crates, blankets, pads, packing peanuts, packing foam and tape.

All My Sons moving prices

According to some recent reviews, All My Sons Moving & Storage’s prices for local moves start around $200. Longer-distance moving costs vary but appear to start around $1,000. We’ve seen vastly different estimated costs for interstate moves with All My Sons, ranging from $1,450 for a small, short move to more than $8,000 for a three-bedroom move of 650 miles, not including tip. Customers who opt for full packing services and additional services — like storage or packing supplies — pay more.

All My Sons Moving & Storage FAQ

Does All My Sons have insurance?
    Every move from All My Sons comes with basic valuation coverage, which covers 60 cents per pound per article. If you want greater coverage, ask the company to help you get full value protection.
    Does All My Sons move fragile items?
    Yes, All My Sons moves fragile and antique items, such as glassware, grandfather clocks, sculptures, artwork and pianos.
    Does All My Sons offer storage?
    Yes. All My Sons has both short-term and long-term storage options.
    Where is All My Sons Moving & Storage available?
    Local moves are only available in select cities. However, the company has offices in the following states:
    • Alabama
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Utah
    • Virginia

Is All My Sons a good moving company?

All My Sons is worth considering if it is available in your area. Happy and satisfied customers seem to appreciate that the movers work quickly and offer extra packing options. However, we noticed some frequency of All My Sons complaints about the company’s customer service.

All My Sons Moving & Storage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about All My Sons Moving & Storage?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

The company was great to deal with! Got a virtual quote of all the items that I had to move, furniture and 30 boxes. Got call day before verifying everything was set to go next day. Crew leader called and stated on their way. Arrived on time, started wrapping furniture and loading the truck. Had all loaded in no time and was off to new resident. Everything was still as loaded. Unloaded truck quickly and efficiently and at all times very professional. Would recommend any local to out of state move as was in my case! Thank you very much for a smooth move and nothing broken or damaged!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

I had my belongings moved from storage to my new home, and from the moment the crew stepped off the truck, I knew it was going to be a solid experience. The movers, Will, Chais and Anthony were efficient, engaging and communicated above and beyond what I'd expected. How great was the experience? I actually invited them to stop back in a few months to see how my home would look after it was set up!

Moving can be a stressful experience, and these guys actually made it fun. They were upbeat all day, fast, with a work ethic that went above and beyond. The day was actually enjoyable because of their personable approach. From the office, Lauren communicated perfectly and always in a timely fashion. Anyone who engages All My Sons would do well to request Will, Chais or Anthony for part of their moving crew. You couldn't do any better!

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I used All My Sons Moving on 2/12/2021 to move my household goods from Gilbert to Sun Lakes. I received a quote for their services after their salesperson came to my house and did a thorough review of what needed to be done and how much time it would require to complete the move. Their quote was about the same as the other 3 quotes I received but I chose All My Sons because of the good reviews I saw on a number of different sites. It was a good decision! The crew that moved me (Christopher ** was the crew leader) showed up on time and did a great job moving my house, They were pleasant, efficient, careful, and very professional and I would highly recommend these individuals again. I would also highly recommend All My Sons to others who are considering a move. They are professional and are a company of integrity. They say what they do and they follow up.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

They arrived on time, they did non stop packing up my stuff from my old apartment, they were fast and reliable and moved me into my new apartment, placed every piece of furniture where I wanted it to be, nothing was broken .. I was very pleased with this service .. Total time of my move was 7 hours, and they didn't stop once for a break!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

It’s important to let businesses know when they got it right. AMS is a big operation but give you that family-run service. They are professional, accommodating, flexible and reliable. Need to give a huge shout out to the driver & head of the team - James ** - for being the lead on our delivery. Led by example with his attitude, energy, professionalism & demeanor. Made an usually stressful experience manageable. AMS is fortunate to have such an asset and we are grateful for it.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

I wish I could have a nice thing to say about All My Sons Moving in Albuquerque but I can't. From Mr Allen ** to Jacob, Dago and Johnny it was horrible. They damaged several pieces of my property. I was charged for Moving supplies I didn't authorize and that I had for them to use ie: boxes and tape at 150.00. They refused to move some items and Dago offered to move them the following day for less than what ALL My Sons Moving would have charged to come back. HE charged me an additional 470.00. This was on top of the overcharge from my quote of 600.00. What a rip off. Mr ** did call 20 days after I sent a letter outlying the issues. He told me I was a complaining woman who was upset so I was making things up. Be very careful if you use them.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

Three weeks ago I contacted your company to move my items from Ft Worth to Weatherford. Three different times I had to confirm my move for a two man crew, $139.00 an hour/four hour minimum. The day before I was to be moved I was contacted and told I could move to a different day or they only had a three man crew for $189.00. I let that go and went ahead with the move. I was told I was the 2nd move of the day and that was fine that they start wrapping up by 4pm. I called on Saturday to get an estimated time and asked for a call back, I never received one and an hour and a half later I called back and was told they were wrapping up by 2:30 and would get a call an hour before. So I went to Weatherford to unload a few things since we had been waiting and of course they call and say they are 30-40 minutes.

My husband rushed back to them and once he got there the three man crew one of the guys was allergic to cats and the others were complaining of how much we had. I got a call from Trace in that office –who is highly unprofessional and his only way of dealing with anything is to hang up on people. Come to find out the only thing I left out (by accident) on the 3rd confirmation I made was our gun safe. When the movers were sitting there for over an hour complaining- about the company (All my Sons) and telling him they were not going to move our boxes which were told from the beginning that were to be moved. No work done still at this time, Trace has hung up on me and my husband at least three times a piece.

I work for a title company and I know that customer service is important to me and should be to your company but we never got to move on Saturday nor did anyone call us back, we had asked to speak to the general manager and still have not received a phone call. This is the worst experience I could ever imagine. I expect a refund of my deposit as no one other than Chase there was helpful at all. He even said to us if it was his choice he would refund us the deposit for what we went through. He has seemed to be the only one to even call us back. Trace is awful and should be let go, his customer service skills are ridiculous! Also your general manager is not calling back and just avoiding the whole situation.

I expect this to be made right! We still have not moved into our home and your workers complained over an hour about some items that took him and I 30 minutes to load up. I expect a call back from your corporate office on how to rectify this situation. Also the guy that was allergic to cats told my husband he has a moving business on the side and can move us for cheaper. (Is this the kind of people you want running your company?)

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

A salesman, Rick, from AMS, Cherry Hill, NJ, came to my home with glowing promises to move my furniture safely and efficiently. He quoted the Google reviews for AMS, but failed to mention that the Cherry Hill NJ site has a horrendous reputation. Leading up to the move, I worked with Rick to ensure that the inventory “cube” sheet was 100% accurate.

When moving day came (Sep 2, 2021), AMS sent a truck that was much too small for the job, no blankets for padding the furniture, and an inexperienced crew that couldn’t handle my heavy, solid wood pieces. They put holes in my drywall and numerous gouges in my wood floors, and they failed to load about 20 pieces of furniture that were included on the inventory sheet that was part of the “Binding Estimate”. They failed to adequately wrap and secure the furniture when loading the truck. As of result of their negligence and incompetence, many of my expensive, heirloom pieces were badly damaged in transport. And, an antique chair mysteriously vanished from their truck while en route to my new home!

Chris, the owner of the Cherry Hill NJ site, was rude, dismissive, unapologetic and had the nerve to charge over $1000 more to move the remaining items even though it was their mistake and his responsibility. This forced me to rent a U Haul last-minute to personally move the remaining items myself. Now I am dealing directly with the claims department at AMS Corporate in an attempt to resolve the loss and severe damages to my property. Neither Chris nor Rick would return messages or phone calls.

I had purchased additional insurance prior to the move but I think that was a joke. I do not understand how AMS headquarters continues to allow the Cherry Hill NJ site to operate in an egregiously unprofessional manner that sullies the entire AMS reputation. Save yourself the aggravation and heartache, and go elsewhere for a moving company!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

We used this company in last spring to move our home from Greenville, SC to Charleston, SC. First, they made an extra low estimate for the moving cost to get us hooked. On the moving day they sent one small truck for our five bedroom house. As a result, only half of our belongings was loaded. Our closing time was three days away. And they couldn’t move the rest of our stuff the next day. So they hauled our stuff to their storage site, and we had to set up the second moving day three weeks later.

At that time, our son was in terminal illness in a different city. There was no way we could supervise the second moving. We had to ask a neighbor to open the door for us. When we flew to Charleston to receive our second batch of furniture, we found several pieces missing. They had to go look for them. It turned out some of them were left in their storage. And others were left at the house. (We had to hire people to discard them, because we had to stay with our son). So we had to set the date for the third moving!

When we flew back to Charleston to receive the missing pieces, we found our expensive dining table badly damaged (see photos 1, 2 and 3). Some places were chewed by rodents, the table top fell off plus chipped because they dropped the whole thing! We also found out our vintage patio furniture was left behind. Again, we had to ask people to take them away. We contacted the company and was very poorly received. They said we signed the contract and couldn’t hold them accountable!

On the other hand, in the new address, they broke the wall (see photo #4) and scratch the floor in multiple place. One of them is shown on photo #5. We filed claim for damage. They paid us $350 in total! They asked for the receipt of our furniture. We couldn’t find it after moving. We have moved 5 times in the past 35 years. After the happy experiences of previous 4 times, this one was a shocking nightmare!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Hired this company for a full pack and move. They looked at their phones more than they packed, they smoked on the job, they left two rooms completely untouched, and they completely destroyed the walls and floors in my new home. They also billed me over $900 over what was originally quoted. Terrible customer service in the aftermath. There is a whole Facebook group dedicated to how terrible this company is.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Moving partner.

All My Sons Moving & Storage Company Information