2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.28/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

All My Sons Moving & Storage offers local moves in 15 states and long-distance moves to anywhere in the United States. Every move comes with basic valuation insurance, but customers can purchase additional insurance for better coverage. The company also offers packing and unpacking services, temporary storage and packing supplies.

BOTTOM LINE

All My Sons performs long-distance moves to anywhere in the U.S. and local moves in select cities. Local move prices trend low, but the website isn’t transparent on prices.

PROS

• Temporary storage
    • Free packing options
    • Expedited moves

CONS

• Pricing not transparent

Top All My Sons Moving & Storage Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about All My Sons Moving & Storage?

My brother, mom and I were all very pleased with their care and professionalism. Nothing was broken or misplaced. Two years later, when I got married, my husband used them to move from his house to mine and NO problems. We plan to use them again to move into our new home and anticipate the same.

I recently moved to Berlin, NJ and my daughter suggested All My Sons as the movers. The men that moved my furniture were not only on time, but they were kind, courteous and most efficient ... they even placed the furniture for me … Should I move again, I will definitely choose All My Sons.

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About All My Sons Moving & Storage

All My Sons Moving & Storage performs local and interstate moves for homes and businesses. The company also offers packing and unpacking options and temporary storage. All My Sons movers quilt-pad, wrap, dismantle and set up furniture for free. Several consumer reviews mention the convenience of the company’s complimentary furniture setup.

All My Sons Moving & Storage cost

A local move with All My Sons costs an average of $1,000. We’ve seen vastly different estimated costs for interstate moves with All My Sons, ranging from $1,450 for a small, short move to more than $8,000 for a three-bedroom move of 650 miles. Customers who opt for full packing services and additional services — like storage or packing supplies — pay more.

All My Sons Moving & Storage moving services

All My Sons assists with local and long-distance moves for homes and businesses. Customers may opt for additional services for a fee. Every move from All My Sons comes with basic valuation insurance, which covers 60 cents per pound for lost or damaged items.

All My Sons provides the following types of moves:

• Local moves: The company performs local moves in 15 states. Its website has a full, up-to-date list of cities where it does business.
      • Long-distance moves: All My Sons moves people long-distance to anywhere in the U.S. For moves fewer than 500 miles, All My Sons performs same- or next-day service. All My Sons assigns a moving consultant to all long-distance moves.
      • Corporate relocation and commercial moves: All My Sons has experience moving businesses locally and long-distance. Call the company directly for more information on how much a large-scale commercial move costs.

Customers wanting to simplify their move may opt for additional services from All My Sons:

• Storage: All My Sons has climate-controlled storage for short- or long-term needs. These storage facilities have 24/7 security, sprinkler systems, alarm systems and an on-site manager. All My Sons delivers and reassembles furniture and other items from storage.
      • Packing and unpacking: Pay a bit more for All My Sons to pack and unpack all your things for residential or commercial moves. All My Sons has experience packing fragile and bulky items like china, glassware, grandfather clocks, sculptures, artwork and pianos.
      • Packing supplies: All My Sons sells moving supplies, including moving boxes, crates, blankets, pads, packing peanuts, packing foam and tape.

All My Sons Moving & Storage FAQ

Does All My Sons have insurance?
      Yes. Every move with All My Sons comes with basic valuation insurance, which provides 60 cents per pound for lost and damaged items.
      Does All My Sons move fragile items?
      Yes, All My Sons movers have experience moving fragile and antique items.
      Where are local moves available with All My Sons?
      Local moves are only available in select cities. All My Sons’ website has a full, up-to-date list.
      Does All My Sons offer temporary storage?
      Yes. All My Sons has both short-term and long-term storage options.

Is All My Sons Moving & Storage worth it?

All My Sons is worth exploring for people looking to move locally or long-distance. The company isn’t upfront about its pricing, and it doesn’t offer local moves in every city. However, the company makes long-distance moves to anywhere in the country. Several consumer reviews mention All My Sons movers and move coordinators being exceptionally attentive and helpful. If your quote seems fair, All My Sons is worth considering.

All My Sons Moving & Storage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about All My Sons Moving & Storage?

Original review: March 20, 2020

When my friend's mom gave me a piano, she paid $700 to move it into my home. These guys moved it out along with the rest of my house for a little over $1,000. Yes, that's a little expensive, but they had my entire three bedroom house out and moved in a few hours. I didn't have to haul a washer, go back and haul a dryer, go back and haul a refrigerator. One truck, one time, DONE! The movers were very friendly and nice. I was concerned during the coronavirus that it might delay my moving plans, but it did not. Yes, you get charged for some extra packing material, but have you ever moved not using these things? The extra packing material ensures nothing gets unnecessarily scratched or damaged.

I've had so much stuff scratched from me moving it in my cars. These guys prevented all of that. I was surprised at the amount of stuff I put in boxes that came out of the house. I can see how a quote might be lower because you wind up moving more than you realize, but I was initially quoted a little higher and the final price wasn't as much. I can't complain. This made the move from one house to another so easy as everything was set up in my new house by lunch (aside from unpacking boxes but we color coded the masking tape so the right boxes are in the right rooms). This was totally worth the money. I will absolutely use these guys again. Especially if you're dealing with a piano, use them!

Original review: March 2, 2020

We used All My Sons Moving & Storage to move a complete apartment that was completely over-run with junk. It would have been a very daunting challenge for any company, but Andres and Eduardo ("Eddie") from All My Sons Moving & Storage were simply terrific. They stayed focused on the task at hand and did just a superb job. I would not hesitate to use All My Sons Moving & Storage again and would request Andres and Eddie if they were available. Jim

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

A 561 gallon, 10'10" × 3' × 2' 7 1/4", 1,200 pound fish tank. Keeton, Alan, Dre, TJ, Tim, and Joe moved it from Nashville Tennessee to our house in Mount Juliet Tennessee. What an incredible team with great communication skills, team work, ability, and skills!! I literally can not thank them enough for moving this tank in and putting onto the stand. Really hard working and nice dudes.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Best moving experience ever. We have moved many times. This time we were moving my 93 year old mother-in-law and not only did Morin and T bend over backwards to get everything ahead of schedule (at our request), they did it with wonderful attitudes AND with not one thing being scratched or broken! Can't thank them enough for all they did for us!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

All My Sons of Raleigh provided us with an experienced and professional group of men to move us from Pittsboro, NC to Chesterfield, MO. They showed respect for our belongings, worked hard to keep our stress levels in check and kept to the promised schedules for packing, driving and unpacking. Our belongings arrived in excellent condition. The office support system was excellent and responsive. I would highly recommend them to my friends.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

DO NOT USE!!!! My husband and I have moved 12 times in the past 15 years. We have hired professional movers every time. I have never in my life seen anything like this. Metal was placed on unprotected wood furniture, (the moving blankets we provided were not used), tvs were teetering on top of items that were shoved in. We had to leave items behind because we thought there was no more room but they did not pack things efficiently. We had damage to our brand new bedroom furniture, office furniture, bar stools, brand new ping pong table and more. We reached out to them to let them know (with tons of photos you have to see to believe) and their response was that we didn't purchase insurance. We weren't asking for the thousands of dollars in damage back; just wanted to make them aware so they could spare someone else. Hire some 5 year olds in your neighborhood - they'll do a much better job.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I contacted this company to move some large furniture units I didn’t want broken. I explained this to the first person I spoke with and he assured me that they could move the items. I was contacted again to confirm the appointment and what I wanted moved. I thought everything was good but when they came to move us, they told me that they in fact, could not move the things I had wanted done in the first place! Flat pack furniture cannot be moved. I asked for clarification and they said that flat pack furniture is pressboard. I then asked why did two people tell me that what I wanted to move was ok!!?

Upon arrival I noted that there was one male who was loud and very rude and unhelpful. As a matter of fact, he used profanity laced language in front of my kids. Also used the toilet at the old house and the new one and peed all over the floor in both. He also got in my face (close talker) to tell me why they couldn’t move what they said. So I spoke with a person at the office who told me that if I wanted them to leave, I would just have to pay for the time and travel. So learning this I had them pack up my craft room, 1 heavy file cabinet, and one large flat screen tv. Oh and also some kitchen stuff. I guess they were supposed to get a break because the loud one said that I wasn’t being charged for the time. Yep, you guessed it! I was totally charged for them standing around doing nothing.

Also as they followed me to my new address they drove very slow. To get more time on the clock? I can’t verify that but I know that the final $1300 bill (after a rough quote of $400!) took into account the time they left their facility to the time they were able to unload the stuff. I was very unhappy about my bill. Very unhappy. I got $100 off my bill because I called about them. I was still so upset I talked to one of the managers and got another $100 off. I still was not happy. The manager I spoke with was nice but the way that he phrased it made it seem like I was getting more of a refund than I did. He also told me that I could have asked the crew to leave and I would not have been charged. What!? I was just so angry at that point I decided that they had a lot of practice swindling people and I just let it go.

I thought I was done with them until I got to unpacking my craft room supplies. Not only were things just thrown in boxes with very little care, my practically brand new Singer Serger was broken! Completely unusable. So I called again - sent many photos detailing the state of the machine and got shuffled around and finally got a reply about my damages. $170. I wrote back stating that was unacceptable. Of course I’ve heard nothing back. I guess the fact that I can’t replace the item for that amount means I am not a customer worthy of a response!?? Bottom line is they reel you in with perfectly reasonable quotes and then add on all kinds of “fees” to pad their invoices. And if they break your stuff they will offer you six cents on the dollar or some lowball amount. Hire at your own risk.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

BUYER BEWARE. BOOK SOMEONE ELSE. We would give negative stars if that were an option. Moving is stressful enough without incompetent movers. We booked about three weeks in advance for an Oct. 3 move. Called on Oct. 1st to get time estimate, as we had received no communication. Was told that they had attempted to call (no missed calls on my phone nor voicemails) and was asked if we had any flexibility in our date, responded that we did not and was given Oct. 3 at 11am as an estimate. When no one had called or arrived by noon, we called and were told that they were running behind on their first move and it would be at least an hour before they could give us a time estimate.

Again, after not receiving any communication by 3pm, we called again to be told that they could still not provide an estimate. We asked if we could reschedule for 9am the following day, (which was definitely less than ideal for us) and was told that would work. When, at 10am on the 4th no truck arrived, nor had we received a call, we called to find out what was going on. We were again told that we could not be given a time estimate. We then canceled and ended up renting a U-Haul to move the necessary stuff ourselves.

We attempted to call later to complain and ensure a full refund of the initial deposit, and the phone rang and rang and then was disconnected. We called today and spoke with someone who was not only not apologetic claiming that the version of events described were inaccurate, but was antagonistic stating that he looked forward to reading our reviews on his lack of ability to schedule effectively, communicate at all, and have quite possibility the worst customer service we have ever experienced. Please save yourself any extra stress and hire someone, anyone, else.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I used the 4m to move me two miles away... They literally destroyed all my outdoor furniture. Broke legs off dressers... I asked for compensation... I listed everything broken... They offered $750... Still haven't received anything... I cannot recommend them at all...and I have contacted them several times.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

They did good moving stuff out of the old storage unit. Not a good job putting the items in the new unit. The lawnmowers were put in on their sides. One leaked oil on the unit floor, my wheelchair is on a shelf I can't get too. Asked them to make it where I could actually walk through the unit as I'm disabled. Call the company to try to fix the issues but no return call back.

All My Sons Moving & Storage Company Information