1.09/5
Based on 76 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Discover the right moving company for you

709 All My Sons Moving Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

NEVER AGAIN!!! We moved from 1 bedroom in my in-laws house, plus one 10×10 storage unit to a new apartment about 25 minutes away. We were quoted $600-800, at $144 an hour. I was ok with that price. I was told that we were scheduled between 8-9 am and I would get a call 30 minutes prior from the driver. Morning of the move, I never got a call, I called the office at 9 am and was told "oh I'm glad you called, the truck broke down but don't worry. We will get you moved today." I asked for a time frame but was told to call back in 30 minutes and he MIGHT know something. Now, I understand that things happen, but as a customer I expect a phone call from the company I hired, instead of my having to call! Basic customer service!

Then the driver called me not even 15 minutes later stating they were on their way and apologized for the delay, they had to finish unloading the remaining items from a move the day before at UNF! Our movers were excellent. Kyle and the other 2 guys were great! Very professional. My complaint is 100% with the office staff. Once they got to our new apartment, Kyle needed the payment via credit card in order to unload. Which I thought was ridiculous since I am paying by the HOUR, and they hadn't even started to unload anything. The cost... $2053.56! That is a HUGE DIFFERENCE from $600-$800 I was quoted! I have NEVER been so livid, they basically hold your belongings hostage until you pay. I was charged $1,476.00 for labor.

I was charged $304.56 fuel surcharge and $216.00 for travel time. For approximately $57.00 miles! That is over $9 a mile! $57 for packing material - Shrink wrap - $30.00. I have NO IDEA what was shrink wrapped as I haven't found any unpacking. 6 rolls of tape at $4.50 per roll. I think they used 1 as 98% of our belongings were in closed plastic containers that did not need tape. I will be filing a formal complaint with the company as well as with the Better Business Bureau. Seriously, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! I have used professional movers previously, one of the moves out of state and it was less than I paid to move across town! This was by far the worst moving experience I've ever had. I will NEVER use All My Sons again and I will make sure that no one I know does either.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I hired All My Sons Moving company a couple of months ago. Unfortunately, I did not do research on moving companies, as my fiancée and I had to move fairly quickly. We moved from Baltimore City to Columbia, MD. The experience was crazy. The three movers demanded a tip of $40 for each mover, in the middle of the moving job. They had our furniture, therefore, we were kind of blackmailed by the movers. Also, they broke or damaged several of our furniture during the move. In addition, I was given a survey to fill out in the midst of the move, and one of the movers hovered over me, therefore, I could not be honest, as they still had our furniture under their control. It made me so angry that I was blackmailed into giving them a tip they did not deserve, and my fiancée and I had to do most of the moving ourselves. I would give them the lowest star rating as possible.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

This is the worst moving company stay far away from them. They gave a quote over phone. Told two bedroom house. Said it would be $149 per hour for truck and 3 men. Should be four hours even though when they arrived we had sold one bedroom and half living room it still ended up costing almost $1500. Now everything was supposed to be shrink wrapped and stored until new place was ready. When arrive at new place boxes were crushed. Bedroom Bureau was damaged. Sofa was torn. When we mentioned it they said just put in a claim. We did complete with pictures. It’s been 3 weeks still have not notified us. And the second part of bill was another $1600. So it cost three times what we thought. Our furniture is wrecked and they will not call us. Please stay away from this company. It’s the worst.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Worst moving company ever. Run far far away. They need to change their name to “All your money.” Seriously. First off they have you put $100 dollar deposit to hold your date. No moving company I’ve ever used before had me do that. They gave my husband and I a verbal quote over the phone. Quoted $129 per hour to move a 2 bedroom house. Said it would take about 2 hours. They did mention a fuel charge as well. They asked if we needed packing, we said NO. My husband and I literally moved everything ourselves to our new house, except the furniture and larger items. No appliances. We mentioned all of this twice to them, when we booked with them, and the day before the move when they called to confirm.

When the movers showed up the next day, they just started wrapping our furniture up. Again, They didn’t ask us if we wanted this stuff wrapped nor the cost for the wrapping. We thought they were just being careful. I mean we told them twice no we didn’t need packing. Anyways they just started packing and wrapping. About 30 min after they started they then pulled out the paperwork. Another RED FLAG. They were also slow. My husband and I was actually helping them move stuff. Anyways 3 hours later from start time, we arrive at our new house. 7 miles away. Literally after they pull up they said they wanted us to go ahead and pay. Ok so this has Been 3 hours. We are expecting $400-500. WRONG. They showed us a bill for $897 plus our $100 deposit so actually $997 for 3 hours and a 7 mile drive. My husband refused to pay that RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY.

The bill had $189 of packing material we told them no. A $100 fuel charge. My husband called their management Paul. Anyways he was no help. My husband said he would compromise at $600 which was being generous on our part for real. Paul said if he didn’t pay their policy was to not take our stuff off the truck till we paid. As this conversation was taking place I watched the movers load the ramp and shut the doors with OUR BELONGINGS STILL IN THE TRUCK. My husband asked to speak to their supervisor and Paul hung up on him.

My husband called back and we spoke to Ryan the general manager. He took off the packing fee and half the fuel charge which brought the grand total down to $759. Absolutely ridiculous. This company uses the scam Tactic BAIT AND SWITCH, HOSTAGE, and EXTORTIONS their customers. They tried to hold our stuff hostage till we paid. SCAMMERS. Don’t give this company a dime. We have already sent a complaint to the BBB, a letter to Channel 9 news, and we are exploring other ways he prevent this from happening to anyone else. BEWARE.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I wouldn’t let this company move my worst enemy! They were horrible. When they finally got to our new home (they got lost) the driver got out of the truck and threw a huge fit. He assumed my husband gave their headquarters the wrong address but in fact it was their own headquarters that did that. He started throwing things (his step-ladder and cooler) out of the truck when he realized a bunch of our things were broken.

When my husband started talking to him about it the one in charge (driver) got all pissed and called their headquarters. My husband was trying to calm the guy down. The guy told headquarters that my husband threatened him. I was standing right there and nothing was further from the truth. My husband was trying to calm the guy down. It was a nightmare. Items broken or scratched /dinged were numerous. Our 58” TV’s stand was broken along with the TV all beat up, the headboard, sides of bed were scratched all over ($4,000 bedroom set) my husband's grandmother's headboard and footboard are missing (assuming they broke that and didn’t want to tell us), end dug up, my grandmother's dresser dug up, tall lamp broke in half plus many more items dug up.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about All My Sons Moving?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

The service offered by this company (especially Ryan **, out of the Clackamas, Oregon office) is absolutely horrible. It all began with me submitting a quote request from their website and indicating that I would need to be contacted via email or text, yet the calls started immediately. I indicated several times that I could only communicate via email or text, as I was at work, yet the calls continued. I was hounded to give them the info to create a quote and then waited two days and heard nothing after providing the information and ended up having to send a fairly blunt email to get their attention.

Ryan then groveled to get try to keep my business and made many excuses about why he didn't get back to me. I decided to give him a second chance and continued to communicate back and forth with him until today when I got the following email from him. This was a very flippant response (without any explanation of the 16 hour estimate) to a very valid question. He claims it was not meant to be that way, but it would never take 16 hours to move a 2 bedroom apartment to a 2 bedroom house, even with 2 storage units and travel time for 45 miles. Based on this very poor customer service, I would not use this company nor recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

*SPOILER ALERT: they flaked on me twice and didn’t give a crap about me as a customer. This was my first time using this company. NEVER AGAIN. I’ve moved many times in my life and never was the experience so horrible and below standards than when I mistakenly hired All My Sons. First and foremost, my move was scheduled for a Friday as “second move” of the day, with movers to arrive between 1-5 pm. Movers did not show up to my door until Sunday at 4:50 pm. I have never had movers flake on me until I booked All My Sons.

On Friday I was told the first move of the day was taking longer than expected since the inventory didn’t match up with what had been disclosed to the company. I spoke with a man named Caleb in the Richmond Operations Department and throughout multiple calls of the day delaying my move even further, he eventually let me know he had no time estimate for the movers to arrive Friday night and that the next available time to move me was Sunday if I didn’t want the movers to come so late and obviously exhausted from their first move. Caleb told me that he had to push back customers scheduled on Sunday to Monday in order to accommodate me, but you couldn’t push back your Saturday customers to fit me in first since I was scheduled first? Why did I need to wait longer when I was in line first? Where is the customer care in that if you make me wait longer than necessary?

I needed to be out of the place we were moving from Friday night. I could not wait until Sunday. But other moving companies were very fully booked and we had no choice but to delay the move until Sunday. Caleb told me that we would be the very first move on Sunday with movers coming between “9-10 am”. Come Sunday morning and I never received a call from the movers for the 30 minutes or so heads up to expect them. Around 10 am I called the customer service line only to discover I couldn’t talk to anyone until 11 am when the phone lines opened!

When I finally got on the line, I was transferred to Jermaine ** in the Operations Department since Caleb apparently wasn’t in the office today. And what does he tell me? That I’m not on the schedule for Sunday. He told me he was aware of my situation but he knew nothing about me being the first move of the day and he could not guarantee that movers would get to me at all on Sunday.

Jermaine was very unsympathetic, very apathetic, and totally unconcerned with my situation at hand. He made no attempts to rectify anything, made no apologies, and simply had an attitude of it-is-what-it-is-and-I-can’t-do-anything-about-it. All he tried to do was keep pushing my move back to Monday or Tuesday but I had repeatedly told them I could not be delayed any further and I needed movers now. I was appalled at his complete lack of caring and his lack of gestures to make anything right. All he could tell me was “call back later for a better update.”

So I called about 2-3 times. Once around 12:30 pm when NO ONE answered and a lady in the Dallas call center picked up and said she’d send an email immediately to her supervisor and Jermaine’s supervisor. No one got in touch with me from that. I called again around 3 pm and got another “call back later” answer from Jermaine. I might have called one last time around 4-4:30. Throughout Sunday I had no choice but to sit around, frantically try to find back up movers to no avail at such last minute timing, and felt total despair that All My Sons would once again fail me. Finally, at 4:50 pm on Sunday the movers did show up and completed the move, 2 days after the fact.

I have never in my life experienced such poor customer service. I understand summers are busy moving days, but if I’m scheduled for a certain day, I need to move that day. The total lack of compassion and gestures to rectify the situation were appalling. I had to put up with being pushed off and off with no guarantees I would even be moved. No one could even tell me sorry. No one offered me any sort of incentive to stay with this company - I stayed simply because I had no other choice. I can’t believe I had to pay full price for the amazingly dismal service and disrespect of my time and my need to move. The movers also overcharged me for the amount of time it took them to complete my move. Half a star is for the fact they eventually refunded me the overage.

Also, one of the movers reeked of weed smoke. I believe I was told when booking with All My Sons that movers were drug screened. Like, your personal habits are your personal habits but you should not get to ** off and get high when you’re supposed to be moving my stuff and focused on a job. The crew scratched up my walls and floors and I’ve had no reconciliation from the damage claim I submitted over two weeks ago. On top of that, the lead mover kept hounding us about tipping his crew. I’ve never had a moving company so in your face about tipping them. You weren’t even stellar. It’s hard to believe All My Sons considers themselves customer-focused with the way I was treated and pushed aside with no apologies or any gestures of compassion in this difficult time. Moving is one of the 3 most stressful things in a person’s life and All My Sons doesn’t care about you at all. Stay away from them.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

All My Sons is the absolute worst company to use. Internet viewers - if you are moving absolutely do not use this company. I did my research and weighed the pros and cons and I was horribly wrong in choosing them. They stall and milk the clock and I had one of the managers call me a liar when I was promised the moving company would be at my house between 8 and 8:30 when they showed up at 10:00 am. They promised me 3 men and only 2 men came out. The workers were very very slow and when I called the company saying the workers were moving very slowly next thing I knew they removed all of my furniture in a short time after the call (showing they were milking me on the clock) and then physically left with all of my furniture and never told me they were leaving.

I saw them through the window leaving with my furniture without anyone telling me they were leaving. They are rude, inconsiderate and milking the clock to their benefit and oh, by the way, they do not take cable which I found out was in the small print of the email confirmation they sent. Something that important they should tell you upfront or post it on their website which they did not show. DO NOT USE THEM!! Still recovering from the living nightmare I experienced with them two days ago.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I was told I would be charged $139 an hour. No gas charge and charged one hour for driving time. I was told it would take 3 hours total. It took 6 hours, I was charged a surcharge for gas at 12% of the final cost. They broke several items including my 42 inch TV. I moved from a very small apartment with 820 sqft and two bedrooms and one bath. It cost me just over 1200 dollars and the cost of replacing broken/damaged items. Absolutely would not recommend!!! Use any other moving company. This company should not get business!!!! Don't give them a dime. Horrible experience and more than double the price I was quoted.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I was at my friends who hired this company for her move. She was quoted around 400. She was told it would take two hours. They send two guys to do the job. Apparently the driver doesn't do anything but drive and Text and stand around and guard the truck I guess. The other young man TC was awesome professional and did a great Job. My friend had to have her sons help because of the lack of help. All her boxes were small and labeled. Her two sons and his girlfriend helped because it was moving so slow. Travis had to smoke and text and only came inside when he absolutely had to. It took from 9 am till 1:50 with everyone's help.

Travis the driver slammed her furniture coming in the building and when coming in the apartment. He complained and would leave and get on his phone. He informed us that the company would leave with her stuff if she didn't pay the almost 900 dollar bill. After much deliberation on the phone with a curt manager, they finally gave her 165.00 off and acted like it was a big deal. He accused my friend's husband of being rude. We videotaped the whole conversation. Being a professional himself he ask questions and was treated like he was hostile. So why would you pay twice as much for half as much help. Everything was sorted packed marked, in small easy to manage boxes. Beware of this company. I gave two stars because of TC very polite and professional young man. The driver was not professional courteous or a worker. Very sad.

Original review: July 30, 2018

All My Sons Moving and Storage sent a crew to move my household goods to storage on June 3 & 4, 2018. The original bid was to move my things into storage, then move them to my new home at a later date. The bid ticked all my boxes, but that's where the service stopped. When I opened my door to the crew of 5 on June 3, it looked like they were day labor picked up on the streets. Two of them wore AMS t-shirts, the other 3 did not. The crew "leader" told me he was actually at the same level as the rest of the crew, so there was no one supervising the other guys. They showed up without markers to mark the rooms on the boxes. I provided Sharpies to them.

The bid called for dish packs. David started to wrap and pack my china in a regular box, and said they didn't have any dish packs. After I told him he was not to pack china and dishes in a regular box, he called his manager, Jimmy. He held out the phone for me to talk to Jimmy. Jimmy told me they didn't HAAAAAVE any dish packs, and I told him this wasn't going to go well and hung up. Jimmy called the packer, who said to the other crew "Jimmy said to pack her up." A short time later, Jimmy was on the phone again, saying they would have dish packs the next day and they could pack the items then.

The guys left after 3 hours. They had taken the majority of the furniture to the storage unit, and some of the boxes that I had packed myself prior to the move date. That night, I was reflecting on the day and came to this website and saw the horrible reviews and panicked. Between what happened that day and the reviews, I thought it was best to find another company to move my goods to my new home, since so many of the reviews were about not putting furniture together and having it break. I let Jonathan **, the person who bid the job, know my intent.

The next day, the same crew came. They hung out together by the truck, would be sitting down in unoccupied rooms not doing anything. The dish packs did come that day. They still had no markers. Things went downhill fast. Guys would come to me, bringing individual items, asking "Does this go?" I explained every time that EVERYTHING went except for those things they were not permitted to take, like hazardous materials. Guys would take out one item at a time to the truck (one lamp, an armful of board games, a small side table, for example). They are paid by the hour. I could sense the clock ticking and charges continuing to go up.

10 hours later, we all went to the storage unit. There were items they didn't bother to pack and were just put into storage piece by piece, didn't protect (including art work and electronics), most of the boxes are not marked. There is a lot that will have to be repacked before it is loaded onto the moving truck. It is going to be a nightmare. Someone stole a house plant from my kitchen. Who knows what else they stole, if they would steal a house plant. They also left several items behind that should have been packed and in storage. I have photos.

When the "leader" came to me to sign the bill of lading, he told me where to initial on a small tablet. After I was done initialing, he came to the page for me to sign, agreeing to pay the charges. I was surprised to see the charges were just about where the bid was. After I signed, he motioned to the other guys that it was okay to unload the truck into the storage unit. Then he scrolled to the next page and I saw the charges on this page were $2,000 more than they should have been, according to the bid. The labor was much higher (one piece at a time loading can do that), and they charged for the materials on the bid, but not the materials they actually used. The bill of lading was just the amount of boxes from the bid, there was nothing to show what was packed and stored.

After the truck was unloaded into the storage unit, the leader, David came up to me (I am pretty sure I was crying, which I did for the next 3 days). I told him, "This was awful," and he replied, "I know." I was pretty hysterical by this time. I contacted Jonathan ** again, who told (texted) me someone named Edward would be in touch with me the next day. Edward didn't call, I called him. He told me he was aware of my concerns, would look into it and call me back. He never called me back, I had to call him back. He told me the crew knew that I was not going to use them to move into my new home. He said he told them so they would "do the best job and earn your business back" or something like that. It had the opposite effect.

I waited 2 weeks and never heard anything. I began emailing Edward. I asked for an invoice so I can be reimbursed by my new employer. The bill of lading only has how many boxes/materials were used. After I didn't hear back from Edward, I emailed him to ask if he could provide an invoice or if I needed to contact the corporate office, and he replied that he would get one to me. That was over a month ago, and I still don't have an invoice. I did talk to Jimmy one day when Edward was not in. I explained to Jimmy that this experience and the associated stress and worry had negatively impacted my life. He was extremely condescending - and not helpful at all. He did ask what it would take to resolve this issue, and I told him I didn't know. I still don't know what kind of costs I'm going to incur having to pack things up in the storage unit, and I don't know what damage has been done to my things.

I called to talk with Edward about the invoice. He said he would have to create one, and it would take some time. I asked him if it could be done within a week, and he sighed and said, "I'll try." I emailed again, stating my issues which needed to be resolved. Edward emailed back, saying Jimmy told me he was not going to adjust my charges (he did not ever say that), that there were no damages, that the moving crew had markers, and to call the police and make a report about the stolen houseplant, as they cooperate with police. I emailed Edward again, asking for the invoice. I finally emailed him to tell him I would give him until 25 June to send me the invoice. He has still not sent it to me (today is 30 July), almost 2 months since the move. I am hoping that by submitting this review, people will not go through the same thing I have been through. Truly, one of the worst experiences of my life, and it is still not resolved.

Original review: July 27, 2018

Awful experience. They left furniture in the home, were unable to break down beds, did not put furniture back together that they did break down, could not find screws to do it ourselves, intimidated me to pay a tip, damaged my dining room chair. I would nit use this service again or recommend. When we called the local office to complain the number was disconnected.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I am a 64 year old grandmother of 6 and I had gotten a price on moving and I told the salesperson that 1 truck would not be enough and they would need 2. On moving day they discovered that I was right. They had unloaded and went back to pick up another load. When they came back with second truck full, they refused to unload my truck and demanded $400 MORE DOLLARS. They were essentially holding my furniture hostage. There was a standoff and they demanded I give them my credit card again and I refused. I was losing my mind, as it was about to rain and then I agreed to pay them 200 more dollars more so my furniture was not ruined in the rain. At that point they were upset and were very rough with my furniture, and they were not putting things in the appropriate rooms.

My dinette table and chairs were not put in the correct place, so I took for granted that they put it in the garage and it ended up under many boxes. After unpacking my boxes I was very upset to see that the only part of my dinette there, was my glass top, and the chairs and the base of the table were missing!!! I didn't contact the company, because I thought this company probably couldn't care less, would not compensate me, and it was too much aggravation for me. I would never send this company to anybody! I believe they are criminals. Ironically, I told the salesman, that my furniture was held hostage before, by another company, and how upset I was. He told me that would never happen with his company.

Original review: July 18, 2018

All My Sons Moving Murfreesboro - Hired this company in May for a June move going from a small 2 bedroom apartment to a slightly larger one in the same apartment complex. Was quoted $450. Was told someone would call a couple of days before the move to set up time and reverify details. Made deposit of $100 and did receive call a couple of days before the move to schedule the time and did so for 11am. Day of move got a call from the moving crew about 8:30am asking if we were ready. As we hadnt got the new apartment key, we were not, advised them of that. About 11:30 and no show. Called their office and person there says there isnt really any scheduling just first ready.

So about 2:30. Crew finally shows up and says they can't move us as is, and they would need to unpack and repack everything to their standards, then move which will take 9-12 hours and cost a couple of thousand dollar. There was never any mention of this previously, but ok, whatever. They leave and we set time for first thing the next morning. Then we spend a couple hours repacking to make sure there was no open boxes 'cause a box of Tupperware has to be completely sealed to be carried from one apartment to another. Later that day I got sick and ended in hospital so wasnt there next day. Next morning there was no show from them and no call.

My roommates rented a U-Haul and had everything moved 3 hours later. Once I was out of hospital and feeling better, I called the company up and asked to have deposit refunded. Person at office says since they showed up the first they would be keeping the deposit. So I would under no circumstances recommend this company. You can't rely on them being on time or even showing up. They will try to add on a crazy amount of rework and extra time that requires. Then they will keep a deposit after refusing to do the job, because they drove from one interstate exit to another.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I initially met with their estimator, Michael **. He told me we had more items that could be moved in 1 day, so he suggested moving us June 21-22. We had the majority of our items sitting in the garage. He confirmed there would be no problem taking anything at all. On Thursday, June 21st, nobody had shown up as of 2:30pm. I called the office and spoke with Ashley. She informed me nobody would be coming, and that the entire move would be done Friday, June 22nd. This was completely opposite of what Michael had told us, but she assured us it would get done. On Friday, June 22nd, the movers showed up around 11:30. They managed to move several boxes and our beds, but didn't touch a single piece of furniture over a 7 hour period. We asked the movers when someone would be coming back. They assured us someone was coming the following day, Saturday, June 23rd.

Since nothing had gone as planned up to this point, I called the Columbus office to confirm. I was told on 3 different occasions that someone would call me right back, but nobody did. Finally, at 6pm, I was able to speak with Michael **. He told me nobody was available Saturday, but that I would be the "priority" move Sunday, June 24th. On Sunday morning I received no call or update of any kind. I started calling every number I had, but the only place that would answer was the main number at corporate. They told me management was going to call the Columbus office to make sure someone called within an hour. After no calls an hour later, I called back. They seemed shocked that nobody had called, and told me they would follow up again. A half hour later, I finally received a text that said I would be hearing from a driver shortly. Nobody called.

Finally a truck showed up. I informed the driver, Andrew, that his company had failed to deliver on any promises up to this point. Fortunately, Andrew and his team did an amazing job. They managed to get 80% of the remaining items, including most the furniture. I tipped all 3 crew members $100. The following day I spoke with Bobbie **, management at corporate, about all of the problems I was having with the Columbus office. She assured me she would take care of the issues and make everything right. She even gave me her cell #, **, and Michael ** cell #, **. A 3rd move day was set up to get the remaining items on June 27th. I specifically requested Andrew again, given the fantastic job he had done prior. Bobbie once again assured me she would make sure this was able to happen.

On Wednesday, June 27th, nobody showed up once again. When I called the Columbus office, they told me I wasn't even on the schedule. I immediately hung up and called Bobbie. She seemed shocked that this happened, and called the Columbus office on my behalf. When she called back, she told me Andrew was in school, and was unavailable. Instead of letting me know, the Columbus office decided to completely remove me from the schedule. She let me know Andrew was available the weekend of June 30th - July 1st, and asked me to pick a day. I chose Saturday, June 30th. She said I would receive a call between 7:30 - 8:00 from the driver, and that my move would begin between 8:00 - 9:30.

On Saturday, June 30th, once again nobody shows up, and I receive no calls or updates of any kind. I called the Columbus office and spoke with Ashley. She informed me I was not even on the schedule. I immediately hang up and call Bobbie, who seems shocked again that this is happening. She calls the Columbus office, who tells her that Andrew was injured on the job 2 days earlier. Apparently he decided to skip school to work. All My Sons has been a complete failure. Not once have they apologized, or offered to do anything to make this right. I HAVE BEEN LIED TO BY MICHAEL **, MICHAEL **, ASHLEY, BRAD ** AND BOBBIE **. Don't make the same mistake I did - choose another company.

Original review: July 1, 2018

Please do not use this company. My mother who is in her 90s, made the moving appointment with them months ahead of the date. Scheduled time between 8-10. They called her the day before and said it would be late morning. At noon I called and they said they would call us an hour before they would come. Edward from Kansas City branch is who we dealt with. I then called at 2, 3, 4. He gave me the same answer. Finally he called and said 5:45. At 6:15 I called and a women from the call center contacted Edward and he said any time. At 7:00 PM I called and he said they were on there way.

Finally at 8 I called and said, "You're not coming are you?" He said, "The drivers told me they weren’t going to come earlier and I guess they aren’t." (First time he mentioned that to me.) I was very upset. I asked when they could show up the next day and he said he was booked and booked for the whole week and could not help us out. The phone says customer service is important to them, there is no way! My poor mom is so stressed has to get out this week and they wouldn’t even help. Edward should be fired, he has no customer service skills. They obviously book too many customers and they leave us empty.

Original review: June 27, 2018

We were scheduled to move with All My Sons shortly after returning from our honeymoon. They called us the night before to confirm that we would be getting three movers and a truck at 11 am. The next morning, they called us at 10:30 am (half an hour before our move!) to inform us that they would not be moving us since a few of their truck drivers didn't show up.

No real apology, nothing to make up for their error - All My Sons just left us out to dry on the day of our move and the day that we need to be out of our apartment. All they did was refund our deposit (as they should have, since they provided zero actual services), and refused to do anything else to make up for the fact that they cancelled on us at the last minute. Do not believe a majority of their positive reviews. We have heard that this company pays a PR firm to flood out genuine negative reviews with tons of fake positive reviews. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: June 25, 2018

Wow. I don't even know where to begin... and really feel that I was played the fool! First, Peter ** - Estimator - Moving Specialist & Advisor (RIP OFF ARTIST) came to my house and LIED to us! Made a point of telling us he was a "partial owner." ~ Probably a "Partial LIE." Made a point of telling us that All My Sons does NOT charge travel time from the shop to the moving location and that this was something that set them apart from the competition. (LIE ~ I called him once the movers advised me of the $189.00 "Travel Time Charge" ~ He said "sorry, you must have misunderstood." I asked him if he remembered sitting on my sofa and making this claim. He didn't deny it, but tried to hedge around the bald faced lie.)

We were quoted a price with 4 movers. 3 showed up. BUT, the cost that was quoted was collected... even though I was down one full mover. ANOTHER LIE OF PETER **! Peter specifically told us we did not need to empty storage furniture (drawers, etc.) as his guys were adept in handling the weight. BUT... Driver (and apparent crew leaders) Jordan showed up with the crew at the appointed move time. However, he spent 15 minutes walking around complaining about the size and weight of the furniture. He asked if the storage items were empty. I advised that Pete had told us it was unnecessary. He responded, "of course he did!" EACH AND EVERY TIME, I asked Jordan a question, he rolled his eyes at me like I was inconveniencing him.

Both at the old location and the new location, CARE WAS NOT DEMONSTRATED. The movers scratched doors, walls and corners. The movers BROKE furniture. One time being tossed off the back of the truck (according to eye witness "new neighbors" who wanted us know how they had handled our stuff.). Truck loaded by the agreed halfway point of the move. Confirmed the address of the new location (SERIOUSLY 4 MILES AWAY) and advised the movers I'd meet them there (wife was already at the new place to let them in). I stopped for a coffee on the way. Saw the truck pass me. Then headed over to the new place. AND THEN I WAITED! Assuming I'd be arriving behind them, I was surprised to find the truck not at the new location.

I waited 15 minutes then called the All My Sons dispatch office. Waited another 15 minutes. Then the truck showed up. Asked if they got lost. They responded that they went to the wrong address (SERIOUSLY, we took the time to confirm the address. I assume the truck has GPS. Each of the three movers likely had GPS on his phone AND IT TOOK YOU 30 minutes to go 4 miles?) BTW - they charged me an additional $152.15 in Fuel Charges (seems a bit high for a 4 mile move - even when you consider the travel distance that required a standard charge of $189 already mentioned). (So yeah, with the Fuel Charge and the Travel Time Charge, I was fleeced almost $350 for them to literally DO NOTHING).

Before the movers began to unload the truck, they asked for final payment (NEVER HAVE I EVER HAD A MOVING COMPANY ASK FOR FINAL PAYMENT PRIOR TO THE MOVE COMPLETION) - when asked how they knew how many hours to charge, I was advised they'd give a credit or charge additionally for any mis-guess in hours to unload. Not sure this is all that went wrong, but VERY LITTLE WENT RIGHT WITH ALL MY SONS-of-a-**! I received a survey from GM, Shaun ** - Surveyed as deserved - Got a canned response of "sorry for your experience."

I waited a few days to calm down over the poor experience and called Peter ** again. Went over all of the points from above. He hemmed and hawed and said that he'd get back with me that afternoon for resolution after he spoke with "the office." NEVER HEARD BACK from anybody. Shame on me for not reading the MANY negative reviews. Shame on ALL MY SONS for taking advantage of people and for hiring LYING, UNPROFESSIONAL, Conmen who prey on the emotions of fools like me. NEVER HIRE THIS COMPANY! I gave them the opportunity to make this right.

Original review: June 22, 2018

We contracted with All My Sons Moving in May 2018 for a mid-June move. 'Richard' was the sales rep. We toured the home and detached buildings and he said one truck should do it. Well they showed-up 19 June around 9 AM and moving process began. Around noon truck was halfway full and 'Andreus' (crew chief) remarked that, "We may need to make two trips." I replied, "Well let's see where we are in a couple of hours". At approx. 2 PM I was told again that 2nd trip may be required and again I said "Let's wait and see". At approx. 4 PM it was for sure truck was not big enough by approx. 1/4 and we still had many pieces of furniture and other goods upstairs.

I determined I would not pay for 2nd trip and immediately drove to Whitewright (five miles away) and picked-up a 10X6 U-Haul trailer. Upon arrival my wife had said she had talked to 'Richard' and he said his crew was still on the clock and would bring all the furniture down from upstairs. No problem, right? As the crew was doing this, my wife and I started to move left-over HHG to trailer and we (wife and I) would load everything. During this process, 'Andreus' approached me and stated crew would load the trailer if I would pay them separately. We agreed on $150.00 and my wife went to ATM and withdrew $160.00 and gave whole amount to Andreus making payment of $40 to each member of crew.

At approximately 5:15 we all left to make our way to Princeton about 30 minutes away. When I arrived both moving truck and wife were present but there was no activity. Andreus approached me and stated, "We cannot start unloading truck until we get payment for outstanding balance." I said "no problem" since I knew we owed $1000 more. I took out my card and asked him "how much" and replied "$2,016.00". I said, "No, it should be $1,000". He tried to call 'Boss' and when he got 'Jim' on the line I spoke with Jim. He said, "Bubba, my crew was having to assist you with loading U-Haul trailer and we have to pay them (or words to that effect)".

I verbally hoisted the BS flag and told Jim, "I paid these guys separately $160 to assist me and his reply, in so many words, were, "if you want truck unloaded you have to pay". I wanted to speak to our sales rep Richard but was told he was, "On the road with a 'load' to (somewhere) and would not be available for several hours.” (My wife called Richard several times and left voice mail and as of today, 22 June have not heard a word). I acquiesced, paid the SOB and work resumed. After trailer was unloaded I left premises for trip back to home in Tom Bean for 2nd load and returned to Princeton around 8:30 PM. Unloaded HHG and made 3rd and subsequently round-trip to Tom Bean, returning to Princeton 11:30 PM.

In summary, All My Sons’ business model is based on deception, dishonesty, manipulation, and extortion. Richard knew he was under-estimating home inventory knowing full-well two trips and added charges would be required. Even the crew commented, "This happens all the time" and "...we do not agree with how things are done" and "Richard is the worst Estimator". By the way, I will add, there is no way Richard was driving a load anywhere. He is Sales and not a worker. This company takes full advantage of families knowing full-well they will pay due to already burdensome high stress levels usually accompanying a move such as the one we just had.

This company should be avoided at all costs. To contract with All My Sons is like signing a contract with the Mob or even worse, Satan himself. All My Sons’ management should be extremely ashamed of themselves for their behavior. I am sure 'management' will say, "We are extremely sympathetic to your plight and we will look into this issue and get back with you soon" or maybe I will not hear a word from them. For this to be going on at the 'deck-plate and mid-management level' is a direct reflection on all of upper-management and ownership. I will cut & paste this review in and on every accessible website where reviews may be found.

Original review: June 20, 2018

My wife and I are in the process of selling our home and moving 65 miles away. A sales rep from AMSM came out to the house last week and looked at the contents (almost half of our belongings had already been moved to our new home) and gave my wife an estimated quote that seemed reasonable. He assured my wife that they had a truck that would be big enough to move everything. They came on time on June 18 and packed the truck. The only problem was that the truck wasn't big enough. We still had 25% of our belongings in our house after the moving truck was full. When my wife went to pay she was told that the price was 20% higher than what was quoted and they didn't even move all of our belongings! I got on the phone and called the sales rep. He gave me line of BS and told me to call the office. I called the office and they told me to call the sales rep.

Three times the office mgr said he would call me right back and he never did. I had to call him and he gave me a line of BS. He said he would try to have a truck pick up the rest of our stuff in a few days. It was a good thing we weren't closing until next week. I still hadn't heard from the office by the end of the day. I called the office first thing on June 19 and the manager told me "I haven't forgotten you". After numerous phone calls including one from the sales rep who said "I think we can get a truck out to your house today and it will cost you a couple of hundred dollars." I didn't think we should have to pay anything but I was desperate to have my house emptied so I agreed.

The truck arrived and my house was emptied and everything was delivered to our new home. The driver then gave me a bill for over $1000 that was approx a 50% increase over the original price quoted to my wife the week before. I called the office and told them I wasn't paying that amount. I also told them that I was filing a complaint with the BBB and the Attorney General's office in MA. I felt that we had been deliberately misled about the cost of the move and that their operation bordered on fraud and deception. I would NEVER do business with AMSM again. If you are considering hiring them I would strongly suggest you look elsewhere. It was a terrible experience.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I moved from Georgia to Ohio. I had previously used All My Sons to move from North Carolina to Georgia and it was great. I called them 60 days ahead of my planned move date. I paid in full once they came up with an amount. The move date was 5-24. I admit at the time I did not realize that would be Memorial Day Weekend. A week before the move date I called to verify everything and was told they may not be able to unload on 5-25 as planned but should be able to do it Saturday morning. I said that was fine. 2 days before the move I get a call from AMS informing me that they would be arriving to pick up in the early afternoon of the 24th and they also confirmed that they would be driving to Ohio on the 25th and unloading on the 26th.

At 2:30 pm on the 24th I had not heard from or seen anyone so I called to see what was going on. I was told they were on the way. At 4 pm still hadn't heard from anyone or seen anyone so I called again. I explained that I had to be out by 6 to be able to walk the unit with the manager. I was assured they were just around the corner. The crew arrived at 4:45 pm. I told them we had to get it done in an hour and I was amazed that they got it done. They asked me about delivering the next day and I told them I thought they were delivering Saturday. They got together to call their boss while I went to get the apt manager. On 5-25 I called to verify they were coming the next day and was told they would be there by noon.

At 1:30 pm they had not arrived or called. So I called them. I spoke to John and he told me I needed to understand that traffic was bad due to the Holiday. I pointed out they had told me the crew would be driving to Ohio on Friday not Saturday and I asked where they were. They had just gotten to Lexington Kentucky. I was told they would be there in 3 hours. At 5 pm no one had shown up or called, so I again called to find out what was going on. This time I spoke to Terrence and he informed me the crew was almost there. He also stated that there had been an issue with the truck on Friday and that was why they did not leave then. The crew finally arrived at 8 pm after it had stormed for over an hour (prior to that it had been sunny all day).

I asked them about the issue on Friday and they laughed, then told me they were given another job to do on Friday and it took longer than expected and that was they didn't leave as planned. They then proceeded to rush to get all of my things unloaded, tracked mud and water all over my carpet, broke a bookcase and a dresser (to be fair they were on their last legs already but all they said was it broke). They even brought me some items that weren't mine and when I pointed it out, they said, "What you don't want them?" They rushed me to sign and left. It wasn't until three days later when I went to take a TV out of a box and discovered it was broken. An obvious impact area with cracks running all over the upper corner of the 55 inch Samsung TV.

I called to report the issue and was given a bunch of forms to fill out and send back in. I told the same story I'm telling here and added that in my opinion the TV was most likely broken due to the crew rushing to load and unload the truck after arriving so late. The TV was 5 years old and I was not expecting to get the 500 I paid for the TV back but I was thinking 200 to 250. They offered me 60 dollars. I am now looking for an attorney to see what my options are. I would recommend using alternate sources for moving if you can, not so much because of the TV more about the lack of professionalism, lateness, the fact that they lied to me outright as well.

Original review: June 18, 2018

This was my first time working with All My Sons, and I wouldn't wish this experience on anyone. They are definitely a 0/5 stars company. I needed a standard-sized couch moved from the second-story of a home in Arlington to a third-story apartment in Grapevine. I was quoted $159. The movers arrived late, which is not a surprise, but really - for the first move of the day? I was given a start time between 8:00 a-9:00 a, and one of the movers called at 8:52 a saying they were on their way and were 15 minutes out.

Before signing any paperwork, two of the movers already had my couch down the stairs, but not after damaging one of the walls in my parents' home. No apology was given, just a swift, "Somebody talked to you about our liability, right?" To which I answered, "No." It must be nice to move other people's belongings knowing that you would not be responsible for any damages to homes or furniture.

At this point, I wasn't expecting my couch to fare well. 50 MINUTES later, they arrive at my apartment complex (there was no traffic on any routes to the apartment). I tried not to wince too hard as the same two movers moved my couch up the stairs. I had to pay for a third mover "so they could be insured", and the most the third mover did was place his hand on my couch for five seconds "helping" the other two up the stairs. My couch, of course, suffered minor damage as well - although no acknowledgment was given since the two movers rushed out of the apartment as soon as they could. Then, came the surprise of a lifetime.

The third mover told me that my total came to $543. I could not and still cannot believe all the fees and charges from this company. I could've bought a brand new couch and had that couch delivered for free! I will never have All My Sons near any of my property again, and I'm hoping this review can prevent people from making the mistake I made.

Original review: June 18, 2018

The household move was going very slow so they can make the move take longer. They never called me till they were at the storage and that is when they started their time, it took me another 10 minutes to get there. Then halfway through the move they stopped for 15 minutes. They call the move in and came back with them wanting to charge me over 2 hundred dollars more than I agreed on. Then they just started packing up and told me I will have to pay them to get my furniture. I talk to the dispatcher and she dropped the price 1 hundred dollars and told me she was doing me a favor, Thanks. The movers were not that greatest either. They almost dropped several items. I had to help several times.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I had a moving quote for $250.00 to move 2 king headboards and a TV stand for 0.25 mile distance. They promised to beat the rate. After delivery they told me it took them 3 hours to move 0.25 miles. And charged me $435.00. The worst company out there. I will fight the charges and will never recommend anyone to use this scammers.

Original review: June 17, 2018

This company is the biggest "con" & "scam"! How are the Dallas Cowboys letting them use their name on the trucks and in advertisements. Jerry Jones you need your attorneys on this ASAP. I've had much better experiences with people who live under the freeway bridges moving by belongings at $10.00 an hour! I am 100% disabled, with broken neck and back. These 3 twenty-somethings were on their 1st and 2nd day on the job. They were slow, reckless and not qualified for any move. They put my stuff in the largest storage unit @ $300.00 a month, throwing everything in like a football. Broke and destroyed my very expensive one of kind items. Came back to the 2 bedroom apt, that had 1 bed and dresser and a partial garage of boxed up stuff. It was a total disaster. They stole the garage clicker, so I wouldn't see all the stuff they left! Then the apartment was atrocious, so much more to move all by myself with no friends or family.

They had the hugest 26' ft. truck with the grandma's attic above the cab. These trucks are meant for 4 bedroom houses. They left me with days worth of moving the things they left behind, and into another storage unit @ $150.00 a month. Then they had the nerve to try and charge me over $1,500.00! Plus extra charges on the apartment cause I was out on the 1st, also having to sleep on floor! I called every day trying to get some customer service, to no avail. It was just one big joke to them.

Everybody who gets screwed over by this company, needs to help put them out of business. Call your banks and stop payments making sure to gather all your evidence and witnesses, then take them to Small Claims Court at least depending on how much is damaged and stolen. My husband is also 100% Combat Disabled Veteran, who was in the hospital recovery from The V.A. Healthcare system that nearly killed him from their negligence and malpractice. He could not believe what they did to us. Now, we are getting ready to try figure out who can help us with this ginormous mess and help us move to Austin. NEVER, EVER HIRE THIS COMPANY and if you did put a complaint in with the BBB and Chamber of Commerce too! I have included a few of the 40+ pictures to go along with my Tale of Woe and Warning!!!

Original review: June 2, 2018

Do not use All My Sons moving. We made arrangements with the company and had them scheduled to arrive at a certain time two weeks prior. They then changed their schedule and added another move before ours which caused us to be delayed in moving for a day (which we were never told). Then there are so many hidden costs: tape, boxes, saran wrap that were never mentioned (by the manager David). They never sent an estimator to our house. Also they have a policy of weight limit for the truck that we were never told (by David) so at the last second we had to purchase a U-Haul trailer which was never offered to be reimbursed.

Then there was a per diem charge for our move that was never mentioned (by David). We never received an official contract or pamphlet explaining our rights and responsibilities. Then there was a labor transportation charge added that was never mentioned (by David). Overall this was a racket that takes advantage of people. The moving team was great and recognized that we were taken advantage of. The management of the Memphis office is terrible and inexperienced and will take your money and hold your stuff hostage until you pay. There is no accountability in the office as David broke protocol during the entire process.

Original review: May 30, 2018

First of all the 3 young movers were awesome. Move took 7hrs. Cost was over $1400 (just two beds and dressers, no living room or dining room and no appliances). The company did not call me all day, arrival was scheduled for 1pm, called company and said they will be there around 3pm. They arrived at 6pm. At the second stop they told my girlfriend that their Boss said they had to be back by midnight and could not finish the move. I called him and said, "I froze my account until you finished the job". He had an attitude, he called me back and said they will be done by 1AM, with the move. I paid the amount.

The next morning I found out items were left at the house and all over clothes. He took the money and the job was not done. Call customer care and she referred me to the same guy, I told her why would I even talk to him. He was the only to talk to, so my girlfriend ended up making over 8 trips to finish the move. On the site all they show is the 5 star reviews. Very misleading. Took my money without finishing the job after we discussed this on the phone.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Horrifying from beginning to end. Presented as a one day move...took two. Never finished...left half a garage of items. Never returned as committed. Management and customer service was polite yet less than effective. Move to storage unit...packaging was very unprofessional. Many items were broken or damaged. I would never hire or recommend this company.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Do not use this company. They will nickel and dime you to death. I was given a quote and it was almost doubled. They used huge boxes for small items and filled empty spaces with excessive packing material. I can understand that a quote is a quote, but to be off by almost $3000 is something else. JUST DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!

Original review: May 27, 2018

Was supposed to have 3 men show up at 1 pm. Finally, 2 men showed up at 5:45 pm. They practically threw my stuff on the truck. We left Royse City at 8:40 pm and arrived at my house at Lake Tawakoni at 9:30. They did not leave until 11:45; nearly midnight. Next day, discovered the damage they did. They cracked my big screen TV. They broke 2 of the handles on my stainless steel, side by side refrigerator, plus put dents in the doors. They broke a wall clock. On one if the bed frame platforms, they lost one of the wheels on the frame. They propped it up with a brick. They told me to look for the wheel in the yard in the morning.

When I called customer care, the rep said it would take 30 days for them to file a complaint. I asked him if I was supposed to go 30 days without a TV. His reply, "well, that is up to you." I am a 70 year old widow. I use a cane, or walker most of the time. I cannot walk in the yard looking for a piece of my furniture they lost. I packed my entire house on my own. I paid good money for these clowns to move me. I have never been treated with this much disrespect.

Not sure about All My Sons Moving?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Moving Companies for you.

All My Sons Moving Company Information

www.allmysons.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business