2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.95/5
Based on 1,050 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with a Moving partner

All My Sons specializes in local and long-distance moves across the United States. Through a network of locations, the company offers a variety of services, including packing, unpacking, next-day cleanup and temporary storage options.

BOTTOM LINE

All My Sons might not be as upfront about costs as other movers, but it’s worth considering for local and long-distance services. The company offers many moving and storage options in most states.

PROS
    • Available the same or next day
    • Free packing options
    • White-glove moving services
    CONS
    • No instant quote tool
    • Some services vary by state

Top All My Sons Moving & Storage Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about All My Sons Moving & Storage?

Competent workers and safe with my belongings. Very reasonably priced and quick. Friendly staff and accommodating… I had a problem with the billing, office was quick to correct the price quoted.

Good news: These guys were fast and worked hard. They didn't break anything. Bad news: They brought a truck that was too small and we had to leave a few things. They didn't mark a lot of boxes so that was tricky unpacking...

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About All My Sons moving company

All My Sons Moving & Storage performs local and interstate moves for homes and businesses throughout the United States. The company offers services including white-glove moving and temporary storage. Every move comes with basic valuation coverage; customers can purchase additional insurance for better coverage.

• Long-distance moves: All My Sons does long-distance moves to anywhere in the U.S. For moves fewer than 500 miles, All My Sons performs same- or next-day service. For all long-distance moves, it assigns moving consultants.
      • Corporate relocation and commercial moves: All My Sons has experience moving businesses locally and over long distances. Call the company directly for more information on how much a commercial move costs.
      • Storage: All My Sons has climate-controlled storage available in some locations. Facilities have 24-hour security, sprinkler systems, alarm systems and on-site managers.
      • Packing and unpacking: Movers can quilt-pad wrap, dismantle and reassemble furniture. Several reviews mention the convenience of the company’s complimentary furniture setup. Customers can pay extra for white-glove services.
      • Packing supplies: All My Sons sells moving supplies for those who want to pack on their own, including boxes, crates, blankets, pads, packing peanuts, packing foam and tape.

All My Sons moving prices

According to some recent reviews, All My Sons Moving & Storage’s prices for local moves start around $200. Longer-distance moving costs vary but appear to start around $1,000. We’ve seen vastly different estimated costs for interstate moves with All My Sons, ranging from $1,450 for a small, short move to more than $8,000 for a three-bedroom move of 650 miles, not including tip. Customers who opt for full packing services and additional services — like storage or packing supplies — pay more.

All My Sons Moving & Storage FAQ

Does All My Sons have insurance?
      Every move from All My Sons comes with basic valuation coverage, which covers 60 cents per pound per article. If you want greater coverage, ask the company to help you get full value protection.
      Does All My Sons move fragile items?
      Yes, All My Sons moves fragile and antique items, such as glassware, grandfather clocks, sculptures, artwork and pianos.
      Does All My Sons offer storage?
      Yes. All My Sons has both short-term and long-term storage options.
      Where is All My Sons Moving & Storage available?
      Local moves are only available in select cities. However, the company has offices in the following states:
      • Alabama
      • Tennessee
      • Texas
      • Utah
      • Virginia

Is All My Sons a good moving company?

All My Sons is worth considering if it is available in your area. Happy and satisfied customers seem to appreciate that the movers work quickly and offer extra packing options. However, we noticed some frequency of All My Sons complaints about the company’s customer service.

All My Sons Moving & Storage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about All My Sons Moving & Storage?

Original review: March 28, 2021

Ricky and his crew did a great job. They worked hard all day and completed the job with no damage. They were polite and wonderful to work with. I would recommend this company for their professional and efficient crews.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I used All My Sons Moving on 2/12/2021 to move my household goods from Gilbert to Sun Lakes. I received a quote for their services after their salesperson came to my house and did a thorough review of what needed to be done and how much time it would require to complete the move. Their quote was about the same as the other 3 quotes I received but I chose All My Sons because of the good reviews I saw on a number of different sites. It was a good decision! The crew that moved me (Christopher ** was the crew leader) showed up on time and did a great job moving my house, They were pleasant, efficient, careful, and very professional and I would highly recommend these individuals again. I would also highly recommend All My Sons to others who are considering a move. They are professional and are a company of integrity. They say what they do and they follow up.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

They arrived on time, they did non stop packing up my stuff from my old apartment, they were fast and reliable and moved me into my new apartment, placed every piece of furniture where I wanted it to be, nothing was broken .. I was very pleased with this service .. Total time of my move was 7 hours, and they didn't stop once for a break!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

It’s important to let businesses know when they got it right. AMS is a big operation but give you that family-run service. They are professional, accommodating, flexible and reliable. Need to give a huge shout out to the driver & head of the team - James ** - for being the lead on our delivery. Led by example with his attitude, energy, professionalism & demeanor. Made an usually stressful experience manageable. AMS is fortunate to have such an asset and we are grateful for it.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

We are happy to made that move with that company. Great guys and doing a wonderful job packing and storing. They treated our personal things really carefully. The team came in a timely good manner and at the end of the days we finished in good spirits.

Original review: March 30, 2021

They didn't move everything I asked them to. They didn't take anything apart or put it together. Didn't put things in right rooms. Left something in the driveway. They gave an estimate of 600-700 total all fees and everything is what I asked for. They end up moving apx 12 items and charge over 1300!!!! The main office said that was just an estimate. They wouldn't give me my stuff until I paid the full amount! They said estimate.Well I call that wrong not an estimate!

Original review: March 25, 2021

Where to start.. I've never written a poor review like this before, and have been extremely reticent to do so...However, when a company fails to take responsibility for the actions of their employees, I feel it is imperative that they be called out, otherwise, they may not learn and be able to correct something they possibly were not aware of...So, where to start?...I could go with me having to help the three employees of AMS unload two pods because they couldn't be bothered to get off their phones for more than five minutes at a time, while they were getting paid by the hour coincidentally....Or, how about the person in charge of the crew telling me, "Just to let you know, we do accept gratuity", after they mangled my 5 day old hard wood floors and covered them with blankets so I could not see it..

You may ask, "How did you not notice?". Well, I was the only person there and could not be on 3 floors at the same time. Also, I gave up on trying to remind them to pick up, fold, and stack blankets.. I could continue on this, but I will move on... If I had not had to drive half way across the county the next day, this would have been the end of their presence on my property, if not before.

What about when they tried to get away with charging me for "working" through a lunch hour. The day, as one might expect, did not improve after the "gratuity" comment made to me. After about 6 hours on the clock on what should have been probably a 3-3.5 hour job, at most, for anyone that takes pride in their job or a company that does not tolerate such poor work ethic. After this approximately 6 hours, I just wanted them gone, honestly.

Oh, did I mention that with a large number of moving blankets left throughout the house (including on the areas of the floors they damaged), and no beds put together, they said they were about wrapped up... I kind of sarcastically asked if they could put the beds together. I ended up having to give one of the young men the tools to do so...Anyways, I got them out of my house thinking that this was terrible and I would not recommend to anyone....That is until a little while later, when I was cleaning up what they failed to do all day, I uncovered the scratches....Now we can move on to how their "corporate" people treat customers.

The next day I contacted the company through a number they provided in a voicemail the day before. I only wish I had noticed the voicemail, and might have, had I not been having to help move my own furniture that I paid this company to do. I obviously will not include anyone's name, but I called and advised that I wanted to talk about some damage to my floors, I was immediately met with a wall of defense, and constantly cutting me off with saying that I needed to contact their claims department. Okay, so I said I needed to talk to someone that could help me, so I was put on hold...After being on hold for a minute or two, a person gets on the line, and I could hear the previous person I spoke to clear as day in the background...Must have been a hard call to transfer, oh about 4 feet away.

Anyways, this person is super defensive and trying to shut me down on any talk of them causing damage, so I just said I would find a number for their claims department and address that issue (more on that in a minute). Now, I brought up the crew trying to charge me for time they did not work (well, pretty much all day) by asking if the crew took lunch breaks. After figuring out the simple math, I assume the person new they could not get around this and they had to refund me the money they charged me for their lunch hour (more like 90 minutes at least).

Next, I contact and file a claim with AMS. It has now been 3 months going back and forth with them starting out literally offering less than $200 to repair a continuous brand new hardwood floor...They made an additional two insulting offers slightly higher after I rejected the previous, but not half of the cost to fix. Now they've stopped responding all together. I hope an executive of AMS has the fortitude to contact me to discuss (politely)

Original review: March 9, 2021

I used All My Sons Moving and Storage on Feb. 25, 2021. When I originally contacted All My Sons I was quoted a rate for 4 men and 2 trucks by Leslie. I did some comparisons and decided to utilize their services for my upcoming move. However when I called back to place my deposit and book the move, I was told that the rate I was quoted was incorrect and the actual rate was higher. After speaking to their representative Pete for some time he assured me that the 2 trucks was overkill for my size of move (2100 sq.ft.) and that 1 truck and 4 men could handle this move in 4-6 hours and was provided the rate for that, which was the same rate I was previously quoted, just not including the 2nd truck. I placed my deposit and confirmed the move for 2/18/2021.

I was told that they would send some emails with helpful packing information; how to prepare for the move and some items that they would not move. The only email I received was the receipt for my deposit. As many of you might remember Texas froze over the week Feb. 8th. Due to this they first changed my move date to the 20th to accommodate the moves that were scheduled for the prior week. But then they called back 2 days later to move my date out even further to the 25th.

During these conversations about changing my date I requested the additional email(s) that were mentioned when I booked the move, the emails were then sent to me. Some interesting items that were in the email that were not previously mentioned were the fact that they add an hour of drive time for the movers to get to and from their location to mine, that there is an additional charge for moving supplies and that there was fuel charge equal to 14% of the labor and travel charge. Even with this previously undisclosed information I continued with the set move plans.

Throughout the booking process I was told that I could be the first move of the day and that they usually start around 7-8 and then it changed to 8-10 and then to between 9-11. The movers finally arrived at 11:45 when rain had been forecast for the afternoon for the past week. The movers came in and got to work. All My Sons states that they quilt everything to protect your items, but the quilts need to be held in place by tape, shrink wrap, etc., which is all the extra charge items in the email. 4 hour into the move we are not even fully packed up yet and I am being told that the truck is not big enough and we would need to make a second trip if we wanted them to move everything.

When I called to let their office know about the situation, Chris told me that it was not uncommon for a move of my size to take 6-8 hours, double the time I was had been quoted all along the way. He said that they would take the first load over, unload it and not charge me for the travel time of the second trip. On the first load the movers simply put everything in the first several rooms, saying that is what they were told to do and that they would take to the labeled rooms and set everything up after they came back from the 2nd trip. By the time they got back and unloaded from the second trip we were at 7 hours, not counting the 2nd trip travel time. They said that they would be another 3-4 hours to move items to the proper rooms and to set the items they had disassembled back up and that anything over 8 hours was charged at time and a half.

I had them move two of the couches upstairs and in doing this they broke the handrail off the wall and put multiple holes and scratches in the walls. By this time I was done. I could not see paying almost $300 an hour to have my new house and furniture destroyed. For this experience I was charged for 7.5hr of labor, $392.00 in additional packing materials and $219.00 in fuel charges (my new house was less than 2 miles away). They literally picked up for one location and dropped off at another, and still damaged items and my house along the way. I CAN NOT and WILL NOT recommend this company to anyone!!! Call another company!

Original review: March 2, 2021

I used All My Sons moving company on 2/27/21 and was quoted a price and paid a deposit as required. I was offered 3 men and a truck, only 2 men were on the job. I’m satisfied with the movers, however, I’m not impressed or happy by the way the movers handled the end of the transaction. Before loading my belongings, one worker mentioned that on the last job they were tipped well. So when they completed my move, I too, offered a tip. However, on my bank account I noticed that $12 had been added to the tip that I gave and was listed as a fuel charge. I called the company to verify that the fuel charge was already in the original bill for the move. At no time did the gentleman inform me that I would be charged twice for the fuel used. I contacted the company and they verified that I had been charged for the fuel. This isn’t a good business move and I would not recommend them for anyone considering them for your move.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Zero stars if it was possible - incorrect estimate, missing and broken items after the move, and ended up paying double the estimate for it. Please read this review. The gentleman who we spoke to who gave us the quote and rates was very friendly. The moving crew arrived on time and they worked incredibly hard pack things up. Well, I should say unpacking things and taking things apart and then using their moving supplies to move things. They would not use my blankets because they were not "approved" and apparently there was something wrong with some of the items we used for packing because they used their own boxes. I guess the three strips of tape we used on boxes was not enough because they taped things as though they were shipping them to the moon by way of cannon.

They took meticulous details when taking apart furniture and the amount of time they used to wrap was incredible. They were really caring for my items. I was surprised at the amount of detail they put into wrapping things etc. and the number of times I was told it was company policy that their moving supplies were used. But they are the pros right? And, I told them I would talk to corporate about the amount of time it was taking and I was sure it would work out. Everything was packed and we left for the new place.

We arrived and they assured us they were behind us. Two hours later they arrived. They said they did not take lunch, or go anywhere but somehow it took them two additional hours to get to the same destination. No worries, we would talk to corporate and get it figured out when done. They got out of the truck and gave me their invoice. Wow!! The fees, time, etc. were astronomical! It was actually $600 more than what was estimated. However, I was sure we could straighten it out with corporate once they were done unloading. However, they expected payment right then. I explained that I wanted to see my belongings in my home, ensure nothing was broken, etc and talk to corporate about the price. They put me on hold with corporate.

This is when they put you on the phone with their corporate hostage negotiator. An individual who have yet to have spoken with that demands payment immediately for the entire amount they estimated or you would never see your belongings again. That includes the moving supplies, lost time, travel, estimated time to unpack (they estimated 3 hours), etc. We went back and forth. The police refused to help because it was a civil matter, and eventually you are left paying double what you expected. I was shocked that unpacking only took 45 minutes since they estimated and I had now paid for 3 hours. Plus, it took 4 to pack up. I was even more shocked when they left all the items they had taken apart unassembled. But hey, they got their money!!

Oh, and when we started to unpack were surprised by the many items, expensive items that never made it to the new place. I was allowed to make an inspection of the truck before they left and there was nothing on the truck! I now figured out why it took them so long to get to the new place. I assume they wanted to make a "stop" at either storage or the pawn shop. They have 21 complaints filed the Better Business Bureau in just 12 months! I will certainly be filing my own. More negative reviews than positive. Yes, I should have done my homework and definitely learned a lesson. But please, do not make my mistake. Learn from it. Do not walk - Run away from them!!

All My Sons Moving & Storage Company Information