4.5/5 (144 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Taylor Sansano
Edited by Justin Martino

About Van Lines Inc.

Van Lines Inc. offers moving and storage services across the nation. Services include long-distance residential and commercial moves. Specialized moving services are also available, including military relocation. Van Lines does not offer an online quote generator like many other competitors, but all moves receive a single point of contact to help.

Pros

• Licensed
  • Available nationwide
  • One point of contact
  • Multiple services

Cons

• No instant online quotes
  • Limited information on website

Bottom Line

Van Lines Inc. is a licensed, national moving broker. While its website doesn't offer instant online quotes, it offers many services and provides flexibility in pricing and timing.

What is Van Lines Inc.?

Van Lines Inc. is a full-service, licensed moving broker. It offers moving and storage services in all 50 states, including door-to-door services. Each employee undergoes a rigorous screening process and a series of training seminars before joining the Van Lines team in order to ensure maximum safety and knowledge during the process.

As a moving broker, this company works to connect you with a licensed and reputable moving company in your area that fits your needs and budget.

Van Lines Inc. services

All moves start with a consultation with a Van Lines Inc. agent, who works to understand the specifications and requirements of the move. This person will be the primary point of contact “until the last box is unpacked.”

The company's team can help customize a local or long-distance move, whether it’s residential or commercial. Van Lines Inc. also offers specialized moving services like motorcycle transporting, military relocation and white-glove or antique moving.

In addition to moving services, Van Lines Inc. also has storage units throughout the United States. These units come with security measures and climate-controlled environments to protect your belongings. You can buy storage in addition to moving services or as an ancillary service.

Van Lines Inc. rates

Van Lines Inc. does not offer an online quote system like many of its competitors do. While customers can fill out the form online with their information, including the distance of the move and size of the home, its services do require a phone consultation. This helps the company get all the details of your move to provide a more precise quote.

Because Van Lines Inc. is a moving broker, it’s likely that you'll receive a variety of pricing information and can customize your final service contract to your exact budget and needs.

Van Lines Inc. FAQ

Where is Van Lines Inc. available?
Van Lines is available in all 50 states. Its headquarters are in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Is Van Lines a broker or a carrier?
As a licensed broker, Van Lines connects customers to other carriers and movers across the nation, which allows for more flexibility in timing and pricing.
Is Van Lines licensed?
Yes, Van Lines is licensed. Its DOT number is 3551592, and its MC number is 01189620.
Will Van Lines pack my stuff?
Yes, for an additional fee. It’s unclear how much packing costs through Van Lines.

Do we recommend Van Lines?

Van Lines is a licensed and reputable company for those looking to move. It's available in all 50 states and offers a wide variety of services, meaning most individuals should be able to find a price point and time frame that fits their needs. While the lack of instant online quotes and pricing details for services on the website might frustrate some, the company stands out by assigning a specific coordinator to help with every move, meaning calls won’t be answered by a variety of individuals and support is available when you need it.

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Van Lines Inc.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Van Lines Inc.?

Original review: June 13, 2022

My move out of NYC to Los Angeles went so smoothly thanks to Van Lines inc., Danielle, who coordinated the move, was extremely helpful and responsive. The quote was reasonable compared to other companies. No hidden charges! Kevin from the dispatch has been amazing with keeping me posted on everything along the way and what to expect, our movers were SO nice and SO accommodating. They really did a professional, wonderful job, I could not thank them enough. I would recommend Van Lines Inc to everyone I know.

Van Lines Inc. response

Thank you, Ms. Judy, for the great review. I will be sure to pass this along to Danielle and Kevin. They love to know they are doing their job well. Long moves, such as yours, are very stressful, and we're so pleased it all went well for you. Please keep us in mind if you need to move in the future. Enjoy Los Angeles!

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2022

I recently moved from CT to CA. I’ve never been one to write reviews but Van Lines Inc. impressed me so much I thought I should share this in this day and age where we always hear about bad experiences people go through in moving. I had contacted several companies before settling with Vanlines Inc. And I’m so glad I did. Van Lines was not the cheapest quote I had received but I liked the service they were offering more than the other. Jack, my sales representative, was very informative and was able to answer all the questions I had.

Once I had booked my move, I was informed I would be contacted within a few days of my pick up with the date and time and I was. I received a call from their dispatcher Kevin as well as an email detailing my pick-up date and time and the money that was due with the method of payment. The day of the pickup came and I received a call from the driver stating we would be arriving within the hour and sure enough he was at my door with his crew 45 minutes later. The driver did a walk-through with me and I showed him everything that I wanted to move. There were some items that I added that were not on my original order but he quickly explained and gave me a new estimate that reflected the extra items. I understood and accepted the changes. The crew worked non-stop and packed and loaded all my items on the truck. I must add the truck looked so neat with all my items packed in there. They did a wonderful job.

I was informed by the driver that the company dispatch department would be contacting me with regards to my delivery in Ca. A few days later I received a call that my items would be delivered in about two weeks and as they got closer, I would be notified. I was called and told the crew would be arriving in CA in two days and I was told at that time to expect a call from the driver with the date and time of my delivery. 1 day later the driver called and the delivery was set for the next day, in the morning.

They arrived the next day and placed all my items where I wanted them and a week after my delivery, I had totally unpacked all my boxes and was so pleased that everything was still in one piece with no damages. I highly recommend Van Lines Inc from Hollywood, FL. Their service throughout my whole move was a breath of fresh air after reading some of the horror stories you read about crooked movers this was an excellent experience.

Van Lines Inc. response
    Thank you so much for giving us such a stellar review. It was a pleasure working with you. I'll be sure to copy Jack on this, so he has confirmation he's doing his job well.

We hope you are enjoying your new surroundings. Should you need us in the future, we're here for you!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

When I spoke with the reps to give them the credit card, they were very helpful. I asked a few questions and they answered them for me. They were prompt with all of our requests. My wife gave them the information of all the items that they were going to be picking up and transporting. Once they got all of those items, they put it in the system and they came up with a pricing that we agreed to. We didn't experience any upcharges at the time of the move. They said that they had to split it up into three payments and that was fine with us. Once we put down the deposit, they split the remaining balance into two payments. We paid it at pickup and then my wife was at the delivery and she paid the remaining balance once they arrived with everything at the delivery.

The moving crew called my wife and said that they were on their way to the delivery address. They got there a little bit earlier than we expected. Once my wife got there, they had a list of items that we were shipping, and then they went off. They checked off all the items and then unloaded everything into the house, and placed it where my wife wanted everything placed at. My wife said they were very respectful and clean. She said they had on masks and that they were kind of required to wear masks going into people's homes.

Van Lines Inc. response
    Thank you for taking your valuable time to write a great review. We strive to have every move be as stress-free as possible. These days it's important to give a personal review - it really helps others make the best decision choosing a moving company.

Enjoy your new surroundings, and thank you again.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

Joseph reached out to me and he ran through everything. He let us know everything that was going to happen. He always answered his phone when I had to change something, or when I had to ask a bunch of questions. I literally talked that guy's ear off. He was great with his customer service. Everything went as planned. We ended up having a really smooth loop. So it was good. When the moving guys came in, they were polite and they took a final inventory of everything, which I knew was gonna happen. They were very nice. We had a little bit of extra stuff that I forgot to tell Joseph. So the price jumped a little bit, but it was nothing crazy. I was expecting it. I'll definitely use Van Lines again.

Van Lines Inc. response

Thanks for the great review, Chris! I'll be sure to pass this along to Joseph. We are so happy we reached our goal of a smooth move for you. We hope you are enjoying your new surroundings, and if there is anything we can do for you in the future, give us a call.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Going through their sales team, they were very professional at first with how they took the inventory - overly polite but in a good way. They made it so smooth and they weren't pushy at all. They were very respectful and very patient with the process of how I wanted to do the inventory with them. Because I gave them just a gist of what would be going on the truck and then they just wanted to follow up and make it adamant that we needed to have a very accurate list so we wouldn't be surprised with our pricing. But they let me work at my pace and let me call them back at my leisure. That was really peace of mind knowing that I wasn't pressured into doing something.

Van Lines gave me a call two days before the move before the foreman actually showed up for the inventory to pick up. And they verified what time he would be arriving twice, the 48-hour notice and a 24-hour notice beforehand. So their customer service was above and beyond. It was probably the best experience I've ever had moving.

Once the foreman arrived, he got with me and he was super polite. He even offered me water because he has a cooler for his guys. I was ready to give them water and he offered me one before I could even offer them. He did a walkthrough of everything with me and we checked off the full list of all the items I had. And then based on the list that I had given the sales associate I spoke with, I had a few less items than what I originally had. The foreman took those items off the original list and then he re-credited my balance to where my move price became less, and that is what Van Lines promised. I give them credit for telling me that the foreman would make adjustments based on my actual inventory. That saved me a couple of hundred dollars on my move.

Customer service really is what brings people back and I will definitely be using them again in the future. My reps Mike and Erik helped me out so much and made my process through this move such peace of mind. Having a pregnant wife during the move is not fun and they made her have peace of mind too. They made us feel like family.

Van Lines Inc. response

Hi Robert! Congratulations again to you and your family on the move and specially for the new one coming. Such a blessing! It was a pleasure servicing you all and we appreciate your feedback. Happy we could help and provide insight for organizing and ease the process.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

I cancelled in the 48 hour period of time as per policy. I was to get a refund minus 20% for their work. The policy does not indicated that is 20% of total estimated cost. I expected that it would be 20% of the deposit that I paid.

Van Lines Inc. response

Mr. Art, I have researched all our customers, and I cannot find you. I believe you have confused us with another moving company. Our cancellation policy is nothing like the terms you list in your complaint. If you have a job number, please give it to me so I can investigate further. Thank you

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Van Lines inc are by far the most professional and honest movers. The office people did an awesome job of keeping in constant communication. The movers were very professional, and everything was packed up and unpacked nicely and neatly. I appreciate this company and highly recommend them! May God Bless you all!!

Van Lines Inc. response

Ms. Bush, we are delighted to know your move went well. Thank you for your great review. We look forward to being of service to you and your friends the next time you are faced with a move. Take care.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

This was my first time working with a full-service moving company and they were amazing! They were all very professional and everything was packed up and unpacked nicely and neatly. They were very respectful and took great care of my furniture and other items. Also, Jack was great and made the process of scheduling easy. Thank you again Van Lines Inc for your help with my move, you made it a lot easier.

Van Lines Inc. response

Thank you for your wonderful review. We appreciate it very much. I'll be sure to pass this along to Jack. He loves to hear he did a great job. Enjoy your new surroundings.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Van Lines inc are one of the most respectable dependable respectful companies that I have worked with. They have excellent communication. The guys did a wonderful job for me, and I would tell any of my clients about Van Lines inc incredibly good service. They wrapped every single piece of furniture and secured it on the truck. They treated my belongings as if they were their own. We highly recommend this company!

Van Lines Inc. response

Thank you for entrusting VanLines Inc with your move. We appreciate the wonderful review and I'll pass it along to everyone that was involved. Enjoy your new place.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

Our move was very smooth and up to our expectations. Their customer rep was really good about giving us the necessary information and estimate and would answer any questions. Vanlines Inc made our huge long-distance move run like a breeze; I had no worries or stress and they delivered earlier than estimated with no damages! The two movers were really kind and fun to work with, and their communication was fantastic! I would highly recommend this company for any moves.

Van Lines Inc. response

We are so pleased your move went well. Any move can be stressful, but a long-distance move can be over the top! Thank you for your excellent review, and we look forward to servicing any of your moving needs or friends. Take care.

Van Lines Inc. Company Information