Learn More

2. Movers

About Van Lines Inc.

Van Lines Inc. offers moving and storage services across the nation. Services include long-distance residential and commercial moves. Specialized moving services are also available, including military relocation. Van Lines does not offer an online quote generator like many other competitors, but all moves receive a single point of contact to help.

Pros

• Licensed
  • Available nationwide
  • One point of contact
  • Multiple services

Cons

• No instant online quotes
  • Limited information on website

Bottom Line

Van Lines Inc. is a licensed, national moving broker. While its website doesn't offer instant online quotes, it offers many services and provides flexibility in pricing and timing.

What is Van Lines Inc.?

Van Lines Inc. is a full-service, licensed moving broker. It offers moving and storage services in all 50 states, including door-to-door services. Each employee undergoes a rigorous screening process and a series of training seminars before joining the Van Lines team in order to ensure maximum safety and knowledge during the process.

As a moving broker, this company works to connect you with a licensed and reputable moving company in your area that fits your needs and budget.

Van Lines Inc. services

All moves start with a consultation with a Van Lines Inc. agent, who works to understand the specifications and requirements of the move. This person will be the primary point of contact “until the last box is unpacked.”

The company's team can help customize a local or long-distance move, whether it’s residential or commercial. Van Lines Inc. also offers specialized moving services like motorcycle transporting, military relocation and white-glove or antique moving.

In addition to moving services, Van Lines Inc. also has storage units throughout the United States. These units come with security measures and climate-controlled environments to protect your belongings. You can buy storage in addition to moving services or as an ancillary service.

Van Lines Inc. rates

Van Lines Inc. does not offer an online quote system like many of its competitors do. While customers can fill out the form online with their information, including the distance of the move and size of the home, its services do require a phone consultation. This helps the company get all the details of your move to provide a more precise quote.

Because Van Lines Inc. is a moving broker, it’s likely that you'll receive a variety of pricing information and can customize your final service contract to your exact budget and needs.

Van Lines Inc. FAQ

Where is Van Lines Inc. available?
Van Lines is available in all 50 states. Its headquarters are in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
As a licensed broker, Van Lines connects customers to other carriers and movers across the nation, which allows for more flexibility in timing and pricing.
Yes, Van Lines is licensed. Its DOT number is 3551592, and its MC number is 01189620.
Yes, for an additional fee. It’s unclear how much packing costs through Van Lines.

Do we recommend Van Lines?

Van Lines is a licensed and reputable company for those looking to move. It's available in all 50 states and offers a wide variety of services, meaning most individuals should be able to find a price point and time frame that fits their needs. While the lack of instant online quotes and pricing details for services on the website might frustrate some, the company stands out by assigning a specific coordinator to help with every move, meaning calls won’t be answered by a variety of individuals and support is available when you need it.

Van Lines Inc. Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Van Lines Inc.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Van Lines Inc.?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

At first I was mad because the driver was about an hour later than he said. But I was happy once they got started and I didn’t have to lift a finger. By the time my stuff was delivered it was still looking like exactly how it did when they packed it. Truly can’t complain

Van Lines Inc. response

Hi Malik, we appreciate your patience and understanding during the busiest moving season to date. It was our pleasure to serve you and look forward to working with your family again in the future.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

This is the 3rd time I have used Efi to move. I moved out of the house I lived in for 15 years. They also moved my sister and brother in law in California and my mom to Florida. I always expect something to go wrong when dealing with moving companies but they really gave me great ideas on how to be organized and prepared.

Van Lines Inc. response

Thank you for sharing your experience, Amy. It's been a pleasure serving you and your family across the country! Happy we could help and provide insight for organizing.

Van Lines Inc. Company Information