4.6/5 (141 ratings)
Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About Van Lines Inc.

Van Lines Inc. offers moving and storage services across the nation. Services include long-distance residential and commercial moves. Specialized moving services are also available, including military relocation. Van Lines does not offer an online quote generator like many other competitors, but all moves receive a single point of contact to help.

Pros

• Licensed
  • Available nationwide
  • One point of contact
  • Multiple services

Cons

• No instant online quotes
  • Limited information on website

Bottom Line

Van Lines Inc. is a licensed, national moving broker. While its website doesn't offer instant online quotes, it offers many services and provides flexibility in pricing and timing.

What is Van Lines Inc.?

Van Lines Inc. is a full-service, licensed moving broker. It offers moving and storage services in all 50 states, including door-to-door services. Each employee undergoes a rigorous screening process and a series of training seminars before joining the Van Lines team in order to ensure maximum safety and knowledge during the process.

As a moving broker, this company works to connect you with a licensed and reputable moving company in your area that fits your needs and budget.

Van Lines Inc. services

All moves start with a consultation with a Van Lines Inc. agent, who works to understand the specifications and requirements of the move. This person will be the primary point of contact “until the last box is unpacked.”

The company's team can help customize a local or long-distance move, whether it’s residential or commercial. Van Lines Inc. also offers specialized moving services like motorcycle transporting, military relocation and white-glove or antique moving.

In addition to moving services, Van Lines Inc. also has storage units throughout the United States. These units come with security measures and climate-controlled environments to protect your belongings. You can buy storage in addition to moving services or as an ancillary service.

Van Lines Inc. rates

Van Lines Inc. does not offer an online quote system like many of its competitors do. While customers can fill out the form online with their information, including the distance of the move and size of the home, its services do require a phone consultation. This helps the company get all the details of your move to provide a more precise quote.

Because Van Lines Inc. is a moving broker, it’s likely that you'll receive a variety of pricing information and can customize your final service contract to your exact budget and needs.

Van Lines Inc. FAQ

Where is Van Lines Inc. available?
Van Lines is available in all 50 states. Its headquarters are in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Is Van Lines a broker or a carrier?
As a licensed broker, Van Lines connects customers to other carriers and movers across the nation, which allows for more flexibility in timing and pricing.
Is Van Lines licensed?
Yes, Van Lines is licensed. Its DOT number is 3551592, and its MC number is 01189620.
Will Van Lines pack my stuff?
Yes, for an additional fee. It’s unclear how much packing costs through Van Lines.

Do we recommend Van Lines?

Van Lines is a licensed and reputable company for those looking to move. It's available in all 50 states and offers a wide variety of services, meaning most individuals should be able to find a price point and time frame that fits their needs. While the lack of instant online quotes and pricing details for services on the website might frustrate some, the company stands out by assigning a specific coordinator to help with every move, meaning calls won’t be answered by a variety of individuals and support is available when you need it.

Van Lines Inc. Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Van Lines Inc.?

Original review: July 8, 2022

We were able to book them at the last minute to move from Boston to Miami when another moving company did not show up. The customer service was perfect. They arrived on time and gave me a call when they were heading over so I knew to be ready. They packed up my goods very carefully, disassembled my furniture quickly without breaking anything, and took safe care. They arrived at the new location 7 days after pickup and were able to unload my goods extremely fast as well. They put all the boxes where I asked them to, and they put my furniture back together extremely fast and arranged my room the way I wanted. I would recommend them to anyone that is moving.

Van Lines Inc. response

Thank you Mr. Yaron. It's always great to hear we are doing a good job. We hope you are enjoying your new home - take care.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2022

Van Lines Inc. is the best. Reading reviews online I was very skeptical about pricing and Movers and Packers. Jack, my consultant, is very professional and accommodating on the phone. They were punctual. They took an inventory of all the items I was moving, explained how the process would go, and got to work. They moved every box and piece of furniture with care. They wrapped my furniture well to ensure that it would not get damaged and packed all my things very carefully. When they arrived, they carefully and quickly unpacked the truck and placed all the items inside the house where I wanted them. I highly recommend Van Lines Inc.!!!

Van Lines Inc. response

Thank you for your great review. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know how your move went. This will help others make a good decision when it comes time for them to move. Thank you.

Original review: June 13, 2022

My move out of NYC to Los Angeles went so smoothly thanks to Van Lines inc., Danielle, who coordinated the move, was extremely helpful and responsive. The quote was reasonable compared to other companies. No hidden charges! Kevin from the dispatch has been amazing with keeping me posted on everything along the way and what to expect, our movers were SO nice and SO accommodating. They really did a professional, wonderful job, I could not thank them enough. I would recommend Van Lines Inc to everyone I know.

Van Lines Inc. response

Thank you, Ms. Judy, for the great review. I will be sure to pass this along to Danielle and Kevin. They love to know they are doing their job well. Long moves, such as yours, are very stressful, and we're so pleased it all went well for you. Please keep us in mind if you need to move in the future. Enjoy Los Angeles!

Original review: May 4, 2022

I recently moved from CT to CA. I’ve never been one to write reviews but Van Lines Inc. impressed me so much I thought I should share this in this day and age where we always hear about bad experiences people go through in moving. I had contacted several companies before settling with Vanlines Inc. And I’m so glad I did. Van Lines was not the cheapest quote I had received but I liked the service they were offering more than the other. Jack, my sales representative, was very informative and was able to answer all the questions I had.

Once I had booked my move, I was informed I would be contacted within a few days of my pick up with the date and time and I was. I received a call from their dispatcher Kevin as well as an email detailing my pick-up date and time and the money that was due with the method of payment. The day of the pickup came and I received a call from the driver stating we would be arriving within the hour and sure enough he was at my door with his crew 45 minutes later. The driver did a walk-through with me and I showed him everything that I wanted to move. There were some items that I added that were not on my original order but he quickly explained and gave me a new estimate that reflected the extra items. I understood and accepted the changes. The crew worked non-stop and packed and loaded all my items on the truck. I must add the truck looked so neat with all my items packed in there. They did a wonderful job.

I was informed by the driver that the company dispatch department would be contacting me with regards to my delivery in Ca. A few days later I received a call that my items would be delivered in about two weeks and as they got closer, I would be notified. I was called and told the crew would be arriving in CA in two days and I was told at that time to expect a call from the driver with the date and time of my delivery. 1 day later the driver called and the delivery was set for the next day, in the morning.

They arrived the next day and placed all my items where I wanted them and a week after my delivery, I had totally unpacked all my boxes and was so pleased that everything was still in one piece with no damages. I highly recommend Van Lines Inc from Hollywood, FL. Their service throughout my whole move was a breath of fresh air after reading some of the horror stories you read about crooked movers this was an excellent experience.

Van Lines Inc. response
    Thank you so much for giving us such a stellar review. It was a pleasure working with you. I'll be sure to copy Jack on this, so he has confirmation he's doing his job well.

We hope you are enjoying your new surroundings. Should you need us in the future, we're here for you!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

When I spoke with the reps to give them the credit card, they were very helpful. I asked a few questions and they answered them for me. They were prompt with all of our requests. My wife gave them the information of all the items that they were going to be picking up and transporting. Once they got all of those items, they put it in the system and they came up with a pricing that we agreed to. We didn't experience any upcharges at the time of the move. They said that they had to split it up into three payments and that was fine with us. Once we put down the deposit, they split the remaining balance into two payments. We paid it at pickup and then my wife was at the delivery and she paid the remaining balance once they arrived with everything at the delivery.

The moving crew called my wife and said that they were on their way to the delivery address. They got there a little bit earlier than we expected. Once my wife got there, they had a list of items that we were shipping, and then they went off. They checked off all the items and then unloaded everything into the house, and placed it where my wife wanted everything placed at. My wife said they were very respectful and clean. She said they had on masks and that they were kind of required to wear masks going into people's homes.

Van Lines Inc. response
    Thank you for taking your valuable time to write a great review. We strive to have every move be as stress-free as possible. These days it's important to give a personal review - it really helps others make the best decision choosing a moving company.

Enjoy your new surroundings, and thank you again.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2023

I admire and appreciate Van Lines. I worked with Brandon on a quote for my move from CA to FL. He suggested doing a virtual walkthrough to assist in obtaining an accurate estimate so there would be no hidden charges. I decided to hire Van Lines because Brandon was honest and explained everything to me and communication was outstanding. The movers were exceedingly efficient. They completed the moving process in such a short amount of time. I would strongly recommend them.

Van Lines Inc. response

Thank you for the rave review. We appreciate having the opportunity to service your move. We hope you are enjoying the warm weather and your new surroundings.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

I admire and appreciate this company. I could not have asked for better service to relocate my belongings from FL to MI. They came on time and carefully packed all my belongings. Everything was done without any damage. They were both very professional, skilled, and pleasant. Jamie was our moving consultant and did he awesome job of keeping in constant communication. Excellent value for the service provided! -highly recommend Vanlines inc!

Van Lines Inc. response
    Ms. Stephany, thank you for the glowing review. We appreciate you taking the time to tell everyone about Jamie's excellent service and the entire crew. We hope your relocation to MI is giving you everything positive and that you're settling into the cooler temperatures. Take care and keep us in mind if you need to relocate again.

Best wishes to you all.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2022

Brandon with Van Lines Inc. was very genuine and actually cared about the success of our move. He took the anxiety of moving onto his shoulders and thoroughly went through our items. His transparency was unlike with any other mover I talked to. He explained the moving industry and any hidden costs such as shuttles. Brandon definitely took great care of me and I highly suggest talking to this industry expert as he made my move as easy as possible.

Van Lines Inc. response

Hello Mr. Lobisi. We are so pleased that Brandon made your move as easy as possible. This is precisely our goal for every move we handle. So again, thank you for your review, and we hope you enjoy your new surroundings. If you ever need us, we're here for you.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

We moved our 4 bedroom home from Delray Beach to Bloomingburg, NY. It was our first time using a long distance moving company. I was so happy to be able to have a point of contact in case I had questions. Which I did... the office support was so helpful in preparing me for this big move. The guys that moved us were very respectful of our furniture and that was huge for me. If you are nervous about moving and you want to deal with real people call VanLines!

Van Lines Inc. response

We are so pleased your move went well. Moving long distance can be a very daunting task, and we're glad you entrusted us to service your move. Thank you for the glowing review, and we hope you are enjoying your new place.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

We had a wonderful experience relocating with Van Lines Inc! Made the hassle of moving much more manageable! Incredibly thorough! Customer service, particularly Dona, are thorough, friendly, and very professional! Love these guys!!! They are the best! We would recommend their service for instate or out-of-state moves.

Van Lines Inc. response

Thanks for the fabulous review. We truly appreciate it. Thank you for choosing VanLines Inc for your move. We hope you're getting settled into your new place.

Van Lines Inc. Company Information