4.3/5 (78 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Taylor Sansano
Edited by Justin Martino

About Van Lines Inc.

Van Lines Inc. offers moving and storage services across the nation. Services include long-distance residential and commercial moves. Specialized moving services are also available, including military relocation. Van Lines does not offer an online quote generator like many other competitors, but all moves receive a single point of contact to help.

Pros

• Licensed
  • Available nationwide
  • One point of contact
  • Multiple services

Cons

• No instant online quotes
  • Limited information on website

Bottom Line

Van Lines Inc. is a licensed, national moving broker. While its website doesn't offer instant online quotes, it offers many services and provides flexibility in pricing and timing.

What is Van Lines Inc.?

Van Lines Inc. is a full-service, licensed moving broker. It offers moving and storage services in all 50 states, including door-to-door services. Each employee undergoes a rigorous screening process and a series of training seminars before joining the Van Lines team in order to ensure maximum safety and knowledge during the process.

As a moving broker, this company works to connect you with a licensed and reputable moving company in your area that fits your needs and budget.

Van Lines Inc. services

All moves start with a consultation with a Van Lines Inc. agent, who works to understand the specifications and requirements of the move. This person will be the primary point of contact “until the last box is unpacked.”

The company's team can help customize a local or long-distance move, whether it’s residential or commercial. Van Lines Inc. also offers specialized moving services like motorcycle transporting, military relocation and white-glove or antique moving.

In addition to moving services, Van Lines Inc. also has storage units throughout the United States. These units come with security measures and climate-controlled environments to protect your belongings. You can buy storage in addition to moving services or as an ancillary service.

Van Lines Inc. rates

Van Lines Inc. does not offer an online quote system like many of its competitors do. While customers can fill out the form online with their information, including the distance of the move and size of the home, its services do require a phone consultation. This helps the company get all the details of your move to provide a more precise quote.

Because Van Lines Inc. is a moving broker, it’s likely that you'll receive a variety of pricing information and can customize your final service contract to your exact budget and needs.

Van Lines Inc. FAQ

Where is Van Lines Inc. available?
Van Lines is available in all 50 states. Its headquarters are in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Is Van Lines a broker or a carrier?
As a licensed broker, Van Lines connects customers to other carriers and movers across the nation, which allows for more flexibility in timing and pricing.
Is Van Lines licensed?
Yes, Van Lines is licensed. Its DOT number is 3551592, and its MC number is 01189620.
Will Van Lines pack my stuff?
Yes, for an additional fee. It’s unclear how much packing costs through Van Lines.

Do we recommend Van Lines?

Van Lines is a licensed and reputable company for those looking to move. It's available in all 50 states and offers a wide variety of services, meaning most individuals should be able to find a price point and time frame that fits their needs. While the lack of instant online quotes and pricing details for services on the website might frustrate some, the company stands out by assigning a specific coordinator to help with every move, meaning calls won’t be answered by a variety of individuals and support is available when you need it.

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Van Lines Inc.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Van Lines Inc.?

Original review: June 13, 2022

My move out of NYC to Los Angeles went so smoothly thanks to Van Lines inc., Danielle, who coordinated the move, was extremely helpful and responsive. The quote was reasonable compared to other companies. No hidden charges! Kevin from the dispatch has been amazing with keeping me posted on everything along the way and what to expect, our movers were SO nice and SO accommodating. They really did a professional, wonderful job, I could not thank them enough. I would recommend Van Lines Inc to everyone I know.

Van Lines Inc. response

Thank you, Ms. Richardson, for the great review. I will be sure to pass this along to Danielle and Kevin. They love to know they are doing their job well. Long moves, such as yours, are very stressful, and we're so pleased it all went well for you. Please keep us in mind if you need to move in the future. Enjoy Los Angeles!

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2022

I recently moved from CT to CA. I’ve never been one to write reviews but Van Lines Inc. impressed me so much I thought I should share this in this day and age where we always hear about bad experiences people go through in moving. I had contacted several companies before settling with Vanlines Inc. And I’m so glad I did. Van Lines was not the cheapest quote I had received but I liked the service they were offering more than the other. Jack, my sales representative, was very informative and was able to answer all the questions I had.

Once I had booked my move, I was informed I would be contacted within a few days of my pick up with the date and time and I was. I received a call from their dispatcher Kevin as well as an email detailing my pick-up date and time and the money that was due with the method of payment. The day of the pickup came and I received a call from the driver stating we would be arriving within the hour and sure enough he was at my door with his crew 45 minutes later. The driver did a walk-through with me and I showed him everything that I wanted to move. There were some items that I added that were not on my original order but he quickly explained and gave me a new estimate that reflected the extra items. I understood and accepted the changes. The crew worked non-stop and packed and loaded all my items on the truck. I must add the truck looked so neat with all my items packed in there. They did a wonderful job.

I was informed by the driver that the company dispatch department would be contacting me with regards to my delivery in Ca. A few days later I received a call that my items would be delivered in about two weeks and as they got closer, I would be notified. I was called and told the crew would be arriving in CA in two days and I was told at that time to expect a call from the driver with the date and time of my delivery. 1 day later the driver called and the delivery was set for the next day, in the morning.

They arrived the next day and placed all my items where I wanted them and a week after my delivery, I had totally unpacked all my boxes and was so pleased that everything was still in one piece with no damages. I highly recommend Van Lines Inc from Hollywood, FL. Their service throughout my whole move was a breath of fresh air after reading some of the horror stories you read about crooked movers this was an excellent experience.

Van Lines Inc. response
    Thank you so much for giving us such a stellar review. It was a pleasure working with you. I'll be sure to copy Jack on this, so he has confirmation he's doing his job well.

We hope you are enjoying your new surroundings. Should you need us in the future, we're here for you!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

When I spoke with the reps to give them the credit card, they were very helpful. I asked a few questions and they answered them for me. They were prompt with all of our requests. My wife gave them the information of all the items that they were going to be picking up and transporting. Once they got all of those items, they put it in the system and they came up with a pricing that we agreed to. We didn't experience any upcharges at the time of the move. They said that they had to split it up into three payments and that was fine with us. Once we put down the deposit, they split the remaining balance into two payments. We paid it at pickup and then my wife was at the delivery and she paid the remaining balance once they arrived with everything at the delivery.

The moving crew called my wife and said that they were on their way to the delivery address. They got there a little bit earlier than we expected. Once my wife got there, they had a list of items that we were shipping, and then they went off. They checked off all the items and then unloaded everything into the house, and placed it where my wife wanted everything placed at. My wife said they were very respectful and clean. She said they had on masks and that they were kind of required to wear masks going into people's homes.

Van Lines Inc. response
    Thank you for taking your valuable time to write a great review. We strive to have every move be as stress-free as possible. These days it's important to give a personal review - it really helps others make the best decision choosing a moving company.

Enjoy your new surroundings, and thank you again.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

Joseph reached out to me and he ran through everything. He let us know everything that was going to happen. He always answered his phone when I had to change something, or when I had to ask a bunch of questions. I literally talked that guy's ear off. He was great with his customer service. Everything went as planned. We ended up having a really smooth loop. So it was good. When the moving guys came in, they were polite and they took a final inventory of everything, which I knew was gonna happen. They were very nice. We had a little bit of extra stuff that I forgot to tell Joseph. So the price jumped a little bit, but it was nothing crazy. I was expecting it. I'll definitely use Van Lines again.

Van Lines Inc. response

Thanks for the great review, Chris! I'll be sure to pass this along to Joseph. We are so happy we reached our goal of a smooth move for you. We hope you are enjoying your new surroundings, and if there is anything we can do for you in the future, give us a call.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Going through their sales team, they were very professional at first with how they took the inventory - overly polite but in a good way. They made it so smooth and they weren't pushy at all. They were very respectful and very patient with the process of how I wanted to do the inventory with them. Because I gave them just a gist of what would be going on the truck and then they just wanted to follow up and make it adamant that we needed to have a very accurate list so we wouldn't be surprised with our pricing. But they let me work at my pace and let me call them back at my leisure. That was really peace of mind knowing that I wasn't pressured into doing something.

Van Lines gave me a call two days before the move before the foreman actually showed up for the inventory to pick up. And they verified what time he would be arriving twice, the 48-hour notice and a 24-hour notice beforehand. So their customer service was above and beyond. It was probably the best experience I've ever had moving.

Once the foreman arrived, he got with me and he was super polite. He even offered me water because he has a cooler for his guys. I was ready to give them water and he offered me one before I could even offer them. He did a walkthrough of everything with me and we checked off the full list of all the items I had. And then based on the list that I had given the sales associate I spoke with, I had a few less items than what I originally had. The foreman took those items off the original list and then he re-credited my balance to where my move price became less, and that is what Van Lines promised. I give them credit for telling me that the foreman would make adjustments based on my actual inventory. That saved me a couple of hundred dollars on my move.

Customer service really is what brings people back and I will definitely be using them again in the future. My reps Mike and Erik helped me out so much and made my process through this move such peace of mind. Having a pregnant wife during the move is not fun and they made her have peace of mind too. They made us feel like family.

Van Lines Inc. response

Hi Robert! Congratulations again to you and your family on the move and specially for the new one coming. Such a blessing! It was a pleasure servicing you all and we appreciate your feedback. Happy we could help and provide insight for organizing and ease the process.

Original review: June 22, 2022

Fantastic service. I cannot say enough good things about using Van Lines inc. I moved from Boston to NYC. Excellent customer service from the office guys. The 4 men that did my move were just unbelievable. Hard workers that did not stop and got it all completed in one day. 5-stars all day long!

Van Lines Inc. response

Thank you for the rave review. We truly appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to let everyone know how great your move was. Thank you!

Original review: June 21, 2022

Excellent movers! As promised in my quote, everything was wrapped completely. Used for an out of state move. The entire staff was professional, we cannot say enough wonderful things about this company. We would not trust anyone else. Thank you Van Lines Inc!!!

Van Lines Inc. response

Thank you for this lovely review. We know there are a lot of companies to choose from, and we're pleased you chose us for your moving needs. We hope you are settling into your new surroundings, and thanks again.

Original review: June 21, 2022

My experience with Van lines Inc has been exceptional. What a pleasure it has been having them as my moving company from Miami Florida all the way to Manhattan NY. Scheduling the move and getting the price was so easy. They moved all our items with care and attention. Everything was put exactly where we wanted at the new apartment. If anyone is looking for a great moving company, this would be the one that you want to hire!!! Van Lines inc is 5 Star company!!

Van Lines Inc. response

Thank you for your excellent review. We appreciate your input very much. It was our pleasure to service your move for you and your family—much happiness to you all in the Big Apple.

Original review: June 21, 2022

Van Lines Inc knows its role is to make things simple for their customers. The quote they gave us when we first contacted them was fully accurate, their prices may not be the lowest but that is only because they do not cut corners. The moving team of three men was very professional. They made the whole move go by without a hitch. I have never come across one as reliable as this professional moving company.

Van Lines Inc. response

Kevin, people like you and your family make our job the best. You were so accurate with your inventory. When that happens, it's smooth sailing for everyone. There's nothing worse than having to rewrite the estimate last minute because people left items off their list or ended up packing way more boxes than they first thought. You're the best!

Original review: June 20, 2022

Van Lines inc is the best choice you can make if moving across the country. We booked them at the last minute and thank God, they move us. I liked that they made scheduling easy and handled everything professionally. We were worried that some things could be lost or damaged, but everything was delivered and what is more important with no damage. Thank you Van Lines Inc. Keep up doing excellent work!

Van Lines Inc. response

Ms. Chalat, thank you for the glowing review. Cross-country moves can be terrifying. We're so pleased it all went well for you and yours. Enjoy your new home, and keep us in mind if you and your friends need to pack up again.

Van Lines Inc. Company Information