Get a Quote

3.5/5 (14 ratings)

About Van Lines Inc.

Van Lines Inc. offers moving and storage services across the nation. Services include long-distance residential and commercial moves. Specialized moving services are also available, including military relocation. Van Lines does not offer an online quote generator like many other competitors, but all moves receive a single point of contact to help.

Pros

• Licensed
  • Available nationwide
  • One point of contact
  • Multiple services

Cons

• No instant online quotes
  • Limited information on website

Bottom Line

Van Lines Inc. is a licensed, national moving broker. While its website doesn't offer instant online quotes, it offers many services and provides flexibility in pricing and timing.

What is Van Lines Inc.?

Van Lines Inc. is a full-service, licensed moving broker. It offers moving and storage services in all 50 states, including door-to-door services. Each employee undergoes a rigorous screening process and a series of training seminars before joining the Van Lines team in order to ensure maximum safety and knowledge during the process.

As a moving broker, this company works to connect you with a licensed and reputable moving company in your area that fits your needs and budget.

Van Lines Inc. services

All moves start with a consultation with a Van Lines Inc. agent, who works to understand the specifications and requirements of the move. This person will be the primary point of contact “until the last box is unpacked.”

The company's team can help customize a local or long-distance move, whether it’s residential or commercial. Van Lines Inc. also offers specialized moving services like motorcycle transporting, military relocation and white-glove or antique moving.

In addition to moving services, Van Lines Inc. also has storage units throughout the United States. These units come with security measures and climate-controlled environments to protect your belongings. You can buy storage in addition to moving services or as an ancillary service.

Van Lines Inc. rates

Van Lines Inc. does not offer an online quote system like many of its competitors do. While customers can fill out the form online with their information, including the distance of the move and size of the home, its services do require a phone consultation. This helps the company get all the details of your move to provide a more precise quote.

Because Van Lines Inc. is a moving broker, it’s likely that you'll receive a variety of pricing information and can customize your final service contract to your exact budget and needs.

Van Lines Inc. FAQ

Where is Van Lines Inc. available?
Van Lines is available in all 50 states. Its headquarters are in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
As a licensed broker, Van Lines connects customers to other carriers and movers across the nation, which allows for more flexibility in timing and pricing.
Yes, Van Lines is licensed. Its DOT number is 3551592, and its MC number is 01189620.
Yes, for an additional fee. It’s unclear how much packing costs through Van Lines.

Do we recommend Van Lines?

Van Lines is a licensed and reputable company for those looking to move. It's available in all 50 states and offers a wide variety of services, meaning most individuals should be able to find a price point and time frame that fits their needs. While the lack of instant online quotes and pricing details for services on the website might frustrate some, the company stands out by assigning a specific coordinator to help with every move, meaning calls won’t be answered by a variety of individuals and support is available when you need it.

Van Lines Inc. Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Van Lines Inc.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Van Lines Inc.?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

Both the movers in Texas who also packed, and the movers to PA were professional yet personable. Only negative was that the cost was underestimated even though we went through the whole house. Still their cost was half of another bid.

Van Lines Inc. response

Thank you for taking the time to review your move. We truly appreciate it. We are sorry that we underestimated the cost of the move. It is always our goal to give an accurate estimate based on the inventory provided being, but the bottom line is the cubic feet that were loaded on the truck. Once again, thank you for your valuable time.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

I moved from Dallas, TX to Miami, Fl August 8th with Van Lines Inc. Jack ** was my consultant and made the process as easy as possible. Moving was stressful from the moment it started with getting quotes. My phone rang non-stop for weeks. Jack was very in depth with weeding out low balling competition and highlighting what industry standard practice was. Definitely not the cheapest but worth every penny for the peace of mind.

Van Lines Inc. response

Thank you so much for you feedback Howard! We really appreciate it and we are very glad we were able to help you with your move to Miami. I'll share your review with the team specially with Jack.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Going through their sales team, they were very professional at first with how they took the inventory - overly polite but in a good way. They made it so smooth and they weren't pushy at all. They were very respectful and very patient with the process of how I wanted to do the inventory with them. Because I gave them just a gist of what would be going on the truck and then they just wanted to follow up and make it adamant that we needed to have a very accurate list so we wouldn't be surprised with our pricing. But they let me work at my pace and let me call them back at my leisure. That was really peace of mind knowing that I wasn't pressured into doing something.

Van Lines gave me a call two days before the move before the foreman actually showed up for the inventory to pick up. And they verified what time he would be arriving twice, the 48-hour notice and a 24-hour notice beforehand. So their customer service was above and beyond. It was probably the best experience I've ever had moving.

Once the foreman arrived, he got with me and he was super polite. He even offered me water because he has a cooler for his guys. I was ready to give them water and he offered me one before I could even offer them. He did a walkthrough of everything with me and we checked off the full list of all the items I had. And then based on the list that I had given the sales associate I spoke with, I had a few less items than what I originally had. The foreman took those items off the original list and then he re-credited my balance to where my move price became less, and that is what Van Lines promised. I give them credit for telling me that the foreman would make adjustments based on my actual inventory. That saved me a couple of hundred dollars on my move.

Customer service really is what brings people back and I will definitely be using them again in the future. My reps Mike and Erik helped me out so much and made my process through this move such peace of mind. Having a pregnant wife during the move is not fun and they made her have peace of mind too. They made us feel like family.

Van Lines Inc. response

Hi Robert! Congratulations again to you and your family on the move and specially for the new one coming. Such a blessing! It was a pleasure servicing you all and we appreciate your feedback. Happy we could help and provide insight for organizing and ease the process.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

At first I was mad because the driver was about an hour later than he said. But I was happy once they got started and I didn’t have to lift a finger. By the time my stuff was delivered it was still looking like exactly how it did when they packed it. Truly can’t complain

Van Lines Inc. response

Hi Malik, we appreciate your patience and understanding during the busiest moving season to date. It was our pleasure to serve you and look forward to working with your family again in the future.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

This is the 3rd time I have used Efi to move. I moved out of the house I lived in for 15 years. They also moved my sister and brother in law in California and my mom to Florida. I always expect something to go wrong when dealing with moving companies but they really gave me great ideas on how to be organized and prepared.

Van Lines Inc. response

Thank you for sharing your experience, Amy. It's been a pleasure serving you and your family across the country! Happy we could help and provide insight for organizing.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

Different quotes were given to us by two different people, really expensive and we are still waiting for our boxes. It’s almost a week now, my kids are sleeping on the floor and still no call or nothing.

Van Lines Inc. response
    We're sorry you are having concerns about your move. We just checked with the carrier, and they told us delivery was made yesterday, Monday, January 3rd. According to the contract, since your move was 484 miles, the delivery falls into 1 - 7 business days from pick-up. The delivery window would be December 29th - January 6th.
    I'm not sure what you mean about getting quotes from 2 different people. VanLines, Inc. gave you a quote based on the cubic feet calculated according to the inventory you gave us over the phone. If the carrier arrived and found more items needed to be added to the existing inventory, this would raise the move cost. We try very hard to get a complete list of items to be moved, so there aren't any surprises upon pick-up.

We truly hope your transition to your new surroundings is flawless. Happy New Year!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

If you want a professional service for a fair price choose this company. I’ve moved 5 times always been a nightmare whether I did the move myself or hired a mover. I would use them again but I live in Florida now and I never wanna move again!

Van Lines Inc. response

Thank you for your outstanding review. We truly appreciate you giving this valuable information to those seeking a reliable moving company. Florida is a great place to live. Enjoy!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

I am dismayed to report that the high quality of customer service demonstrated by Van Lines, Inc.’s sales and scheduling team is NOT sustained when the movers show up. The estimate to move cross country was MORE THAN DOUBLED by the movers on arrival. We had no time for a Plan B and felt bullied by the mover in charge. Please learn from our terrible experience and insist on an onsite estimate. We understand estimates can shift, but to be more than twice the bid is unacceptable and NOT TRUSTWORTHY business practice.

Van Lines Inc. response
    We are sorry that you encountered extra charges for your move. We try very hard to help you give us an accurate accounting of your inventory to be moved. We understand that this is a very stressful time and things can be miscalculated or missed. When the carrier arrived, it was his job to do the final inventory of your items. Your box count had gone from 60 boxes to 90. There were several items that were not in the original inventory list. All this along with the extra packing materials needed, and extra cubic feet resulted in the extra charges. The original estimate was for 1105 CF. The final revised estimate added 1145CF. We understand this is a very large addition to your inventory. You were there when the carrier was writing the revised estimate, and if you saw there were items on the list that didn't exist, I'm sure you would not have signed off on it.
    Again, we do try our best to secure the correct inventory at the start, but, in the end, we have to go with what the true inventory is.

We do hope you are enjoying your new surrounding.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

When I contacted Van Lines for a quote to move 1200 miles, I had a very pleasant conversation and comprehensive review of every item in the home with a Van Lines representative. The bid provided was reasonable and consistent with bids from competitors. The scheduler was equally pleasant. The movers, however, destroyed trust. They walked through the house and MORE THAN DOUBLED the cost of the move. There was no time to dispute it or make another plan. My calls to Van Lines to address this issue have not been returned. I can understand a 25%, even 50% discrepancy on a bid, but to be off by over 100% is inexcusable. Please learn from my experience and insist on an onsite bid, and do not use Van Lines.

Van Lines Inc. response
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our investigation took us to your original inventory list, which totaled 48 items, 150 pieces which is 1105 Cubic Feet. When we researched the inventory list produced by the movers that were in your home listing everything that would go on the truck, we found that the cubic feet were an additional 1145 cubic feet because many items on the actual inventory list were not on your original inventory list provided by you when you were given your estimate.
    Here are a few of the many items NOT listed by you: lawn mower, skis, metal presses, umbrella base, ladders, compressor, several rugs, chairs. If you would like a copy of the actual inventory (signed by you) and a copy of the original inventory given to us by phone, please let us know, and we will get it to you. Along with the additional cubic feet, the fuel surcharge goes up along with the packing charges.

We understand that moving is a very stressful process, and we do try to make it as pain-free as possible. During all the confusion, customers sometimes overlook many items. We are sorry that you feel we did not live up to your expectations. We do make every effort to calculate the exact cubic feet for a move, but we do need to have all the inventory to do so.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

This is a broker. I didn't even know such a thing existed and they certainly didn't share that info so if you get a quote from them automatically add 33% to it. Then add another 10-20% because you'll find out a lot of the items you told the agent about on the phone gets left off the pick up order. I've written you a letter about them and am also pursuing through the AG's office in Florida where they are based. DON'T USE!!

Van Lines Inc. response
    We work with several “approved” carriers to facilitate moves.
    When the customer’s belongings were picked up by the carrier, she clearly stated that the first available delivery date would be October 4th.
    Delivery dates are calculated according to the mileage of the move. This move was 732 miles.
    501-1000 miles: 3-10 Business Days
    Based on this information, the 1st available delivery date is October 7. The last delivery date is October 18. The customer was scheduled for delivery on October 13th, but the driver was not able to contact the customer to confirm. As a result, the customer was delivered on October 16, well within the guidelines.
    The original estimate was based on 808 cf – the actual load was 1,245cf
    The estimated packing charge was $40.00. The actual charge for the additional items is $500.00.
    If the customer would like a copy of the actual inventory list and packing list, we will forward them.
    The original estimate cited 50 boxes. The actual count for boxes was 122 boxes.
    The original estimate cited 96 pieces. The actual count was 173 pieces.
    All these changes resulted in a price increase from the original estimate.

We were informed that the customer is missing a box of kitchen items. The carrier has been notified to send a claim form to the customer for processing.

Van Lines Inc. Company Information