Find a Movers partner

2. Movers

Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About HireAHelper

HireAHelper is an online marketplace that helps people book movers in all 50 states. Decide what services you need help with, enter your dates and locations and get quotes from at least two prescreened movers. HireAHelper also shows you verified reviews from previous customers. The company has completed over 450,000 moves in over 10 years of business, according to its website.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Upfront pricing online
    • Real moving company reviews
    • $1,000 service guarantee
    • Free cancellation with 24-hour notice

Cons

• Packing not always available
    • No 24-hour customer service

Bottom Line

HireAHelper reduces stress during the search for movers. The online marketplace makes it easy to compare prices, read real reviews and book services, whether you need loading help only or full service with a truck.

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

How does HireAHelper work?

Instead of just hiring a random mover in your city or asking your friends to help move all of your stuff, you can use HireAHelper to find vetted companies that have good reviews from previous customers and meet your budgetary needs.

HireAHelper’s online platform lets you choose whether you need help with just loading and unloading or you need movers with a truck. Enter details including the loading date, the ZIP code you’re moving from and the ZIP code you’re moving to in order to see quotes. HireAHelper then shows you companies you can book, their prices and verified reviews.

Here are the differences between the two types of services offered by HireAHelper:

• Hybrid move (labor only): You hire helpers for loading and unloading, but you secure and drive your own moving truck. Hybrid moves are easy to plan and much less expensive than full-service moves.
    • Full-service move (movers and truck): You hire a moving company with a truck. Full-service movers assist with loading, transportation and unloading. Packing services may be available. Getting a quote can take longer; you may need to speak with a representative over the phone.

You need a credit card to book with HireAHelper. Once you book a company with HireAHelper, you get contact information. You can contact the company or wait for it to contact you within 24 hours to confirm scheduling and details. You will not be charged for your move until one day before the moving date. You can cancel at no charge up to 24 hours before the move start time.

HireAHelper cost

The average cost for a hybrid move through HireAHelper is $910. The cost of a mover depends on multiple factors, including the company, the distance of the move, the number of movers and the number of hours it takes.

The table below shows estimates for hybrid and full-service moves of various distances, based on information from HireAHelper’s website. For the most accurate, up-to-date pricing information, request quotes directly from HireAHelper.

Hybrid moveFull-service move
    Local Move$523$1,300
    Medium-distance move$826$3,000
    Long-distance move$2,171$6,000
    Average cost$910$2,568

HireAHelper FAQ

Where is HireAHelper available?
    HireAHelper has movers in all 50 states.
    Does HireAHelper vet its moving partners?
    Yes, HireAHelper prescreens its moving partners to ensure their quality. Company profiles list MC Docket numbers, USDOT numbers and insurance policy information. You can also read reviews from each company’s former customers.
    Does HireAHelper charge for cancellations?
    There is no cancellation fee if you cancel 24 hours or more before your moving start time. If you cancel within 24 hours, you’ll be charged for at least one hour of labor.
    Can I get a quote for service on HireAHelper's website?
    Yes, just enter your loading and unloading dates and ZIP codes, and you can get immediate quotes. If you require a truck, you may need to provide follow-up information over the phone to get a quote.

Is HireAHelper worth it?

HireAHelper is an easy-to-use online marketplace for finding moving services — especially if all you need is help loading and unloading boxes. It takes only minutes to put in basic information and see which providers are available, what they charge and how previous clients rate their services. The company has a customer-friendly cancellation policy and guarantees a refund up to $1,000 if there is a problem with your move and you can’t resolve it with the moving company. If you have a moving truck and just want someone else to do the heavy lifting, HireAHelper is worth considering.

HireAHelper Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HireAHelper?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about HireAHelper?

Original review: July 29, 2021

THIS COMPANY IS CRIMINAL! So to start off, the sales woman gave me a quote on the phone for $325, then said, "Oh sorry. Actually it's $480." .. When I asked why she said because she needs to hire “Professional movers”, when I pushed the issue and asked, "Aren’t they all professional movers," she changed it again and said, "Oh I actually found another for $445." .. She then proceeded to tell me that she is scheduling 3 hours and if I need more time it’s an extra $120 an hour. Then the movers get here, they are amazing, it took them exactly 2 hours.

After the move was done, I went online to give them a nice review and that's when I noticed my bill (my mistake for not checking this sooner) .. Their minimum is for 2 hours and the sales woman added an extra hour for $120. She didn’t ask me if I wanted the extra hour. She didn’t give me an option. She just decided for herself to charge me an extra $120 for an hour that I didn’t need knowing that I would not be able to get it refunded and knowing that if the movers went over the minimum they could have added the extra hour then. I called customer service to explain the mistake and they refuse to refund. I have clear proof from my security camera that the movers were only here for 2 hours and that their minimum is only 2 hours. DO NOT USE HIRE A HELPER!!!! Such a scam. Just call the movers directly, I highly recommend Crocs Movers, they were great.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Moving partner.

HireAHelper Company Information