Best Price Moving and Storage

Chicago, IL

Compare Moving Companies

Research top Moving Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was looking for a moving company to move me from Detroit, to Tennessee. This company had the best price or so I thought. First it started off with them changing the moving date unexpected. Then it happened moving day... I was hit with - we take to your things to Chicago and weigh them there. What? Nobody told me this... I'm was expecting my things to meet me in Tennessee the same day. Then next here comes the extra fees that were not mentioned WHEN I first called this company. At this point what can you do, you can't cancel because you will lose your deposit and your already packed to go. So now it going to take 0-6 days for my stuff, then 1-7 days for my stuff, then 2-10 days for my stuff.

After several days I called the Florida location to talk to customer service. IT WAS THE WORSE SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED. It was no remorse, no apologies or empathy from the customer service rep. So six days later I get a call that says FINALLY they are going to deliver my things between 12-4 on the next day (Tuesday, a week later).

Come Tuesday and the driver TEXTS my phone to say he will be here from 5-7. Next I get a call from the Chicago location saying my stuff can't get delivered until the next morning because he had a blow out. She stated that he is still 3 hours away, how can that be when he stated that he would be here between 5-7. This company has caused me to spend unnecessary money and made my life an inconvenience. My transition has been HELL thanks to this company. I couldn't enroll my daughter in school, we had to buy clothes until they decided to release my things hostage. I hope this helps someone in the future of grief, disappointment and wasted money. NEVER use this company.

Absolutely the worst experience I have ever had. They made me pay them before they unloaded and they refused to put the furniture back together. Many damaged and lost items. Diana was terribly rude and refused to send someone back to put the things back together. Our belongings were supposed to arrive in 7 days, it took 24 days. Movers beware!!! They also raised the price on moving day by $750.00. New news!!! I finished unpacking my stuff and 2 crates of sterling silver jewelry with precious stones were stolen, also, presents such as a Barbie dream house, $200 worth of Barbie furniture, and all my antique Barbie dolls. My son's antique lionel train set and much more. My boxes were marked with what was inside them and they took all of my things that were worth something. I suggest marking your boxes with numbers and write down what's in the boxes on paper.

PS. I checked the Better Business Bureau complaints. This is an ongoing problem with their workers stealing valuable items. And it is also an ongoing problem with their employee Diana being rude and hanging up the phone on people. I have kept asking her for their insurance number and she wouldn't give it to me until I called Nurizon Van Lines (the moving company I originally hired to move me).

Last year, I was promoted at my job and had to move to NYC as a part of the hike. On the suggestion of a colleague, I hired Best Price Moving to carry out the job for me and I am glad I chose them because they are the best in the field. As soon as I contacted them, a representative was assigned to me and he called me up for details. He then visited me personally and took all the details regarding the move and also asked me for some special considerations I was looking for, which really clicked for me. I could actually sense professionalism in the way they were working.

They were well in schedule for packing my things and took proper care to pack the delicate items separately to ensure their safety in transit. The stuff was there at the destination right in time, even before we had reached there. Best Price Moving has dedicated team of movers, who went an extra mile to help us with the setting of the new home, something that people seldom do. I appreciate them not only for the quality of their services but also their friendly attitude. I would surely hire them again when needed.

We had communication for almost 17 days asking about a delivery date no communication from them. We called last Friday and were told no ship date yet. Tuesday at 6:20PM, we were contacted by a driver. He would be there in the morning. I said, "No I was working". An argument started with a man who said he was the owner. He said, "Take it Friday or I will put it in storage and you can do it".

We were contacted the next day and told we would have to take it 7 AM on Friday morning. After feeling like we could do nothing, we agreed. They showed up today at 9:10 and I had to call to ask where they were. The rude driver said between 7 and 9, which was incorrect to what Mary said the night before. He said I will be there soon and I hung up. He got to my house and I asked for weight sheets which he would not produce. I said without that I was not turning over payment.

The driver went off getting in my face telling me how it was going to be. I turned and walk away and he followed. My wife was outside and called the police who came and got me weight sheets from 6/24. That's all he said he had. The Mary lady called and said I had 10 minutes to pay or she was taking my stuff and selling it. I paid and they unloaded but the head guy and his asst. were rude. The temp help was great and did all the work while being pushed around by the asst. This was the most horrible situation I have ever encountered in my life. There needs to be stricter rules to protect people from being held hostage. The lesson I learned is read reviews before you choose.

This company did not tell me when they were delivering except for "up to 15 business notice". They called me with less than 24 hour notice when they will be arriving and we're not flexible. I was not in town so they left my items in a pile - did not piece the furniture together as promised when I signed the contract. The driver had poor English and was extremely rude on the phone. Very very poor service - I will never use this company again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Price Moving and Storage?

The company never communicated the required information. Crucially, I was not told about the 10 day shipping window. With that information, I would have gone to another company. The delivery window was a shock, as a result I ended up in a new state, about to start a new job WITHOUT MY STUFF. The company is barely responding to inquiring, takes no responsibility. All the positive reviews I've see were written by one person -- **. The service is terrible, so they had to hire a troll to post 5 star reviews. The obvious reason this company engages in deceptive practices is that its SERVICE STINKS. I wish I did more in depth evaluation of this company before hiring them. STAY AWAY.

Damaged wood floor. Front door step damaged. Missing bike at delivery. Damaged oak head board, damaged lamp. Damaged ironing board. Two day Late arrival.

I received the worst service I have ever had in my entire life from this company. They really do not take complaints seriously and the mere 100$ refund is a joke for the nearly 2k it cost to move the limited number of items I even own, let alone considering how many piece of furniture they broke due to neglect, and they also lost a couple items!!!!!!! Here is a copy of the letter I sent in to the company and the claim company whom decided I do not deserve any money back for my broken furniture!

"I have only had headaches from this particular move. The pick up went okay, however I was made false promises that I would not have to leave work for the pick up and ended up missing 3 hours of work on Oct. 30th. The men were polite, not careless, but not exactly careful with my belongings either. They chose to pack two of the damaged items together in the same furniture blanket. I mentioned that didn't seem like a good idea because it would cause them to bang together (both drawers are completely destroyed from this move). The drawers are both broken into themselves.

My stuff arrived in a timely fashion to FL from IL. However, I was expecting a call the day before, not a call the morning of, which may not be terrible, just not very good planning nor service. The call however I received was before 8 am, which I feel is grossly disrespectful to me as a client. As a salesperson, I would never contact a client that early unless they requested to be. Then the driver proceeded to argue with me and be rather disrespectful in the phone conversation. I asked a simple question whether I could call the main office to pay with credit card. This I feel is a question he should know the answer to, yet proceeded to argue incessantly with me that no I could not, and was demanding cash or a type of check which I have never heard of - only which I feel is not appropriate. The fact he was insisting on cash makes me feel this driver makes unethical practices with said cash.

Finally around 10:30 am, I was able to speak with the office and make the payment over the phone to them. It is agreed he will be there Nov. 14th in the afternoon. However I was never given a time frame for this which meant I was stuck at my house waiting around. This was very unproductive for me because I had several errands that I could have done if I had been given a time slot, especially since I moved from a different state! Around 3:30-4 the driver calls and tries to cancel on me, saying he will not deliver my stuff until the next morning! At this point I had already waited around my house for well over 6 hours, unsure of when the driver may show up. I had to work a double the next day making it impossible for me to accept this delivery. Mary from Best Price dispatch however, did speak with this driver and told him he had to deliver my stuff, thankfully.

The driver showed up around 5:30, I believe. From here it seemed that most things greatly went downhill. I went out to greet the driver and attempted to give a simple suggestion on direction for him. ALL HE DID WAS ARGUE with me and the other gentleman with him! He had not passed the house, but was easy for him to turn at the next stop sign and street so he could turn on the side street by my unit in the house. NO, he argued pointlessly and proceeded to back the semi up! Now I have actually been a passenger in a semi, I have never witnessed someone with that much difficulties preforming that task! He blocked traffic, and he would not listen to the gentleman with him at all even though he was attempting to help him. I genuinely felt sorry for the poor guy helping him.

Finally they started to unload my items. To my utter astonishment and disbelief they set allllll of my belongings on the GROUND!!!! No, I do not have a paved driveway - they set everything in the DIRT! I find that absolutely unacceptable! Thankfully the gentleman in the unit below mine was not home because they blocked his front door with my stuff. The guy continued to be less than pleasant and increasingly difficult. He then was arguing with a neighbor about the fact he was BLOCKING her driveway. I was embarrassed by his behavior to my neighbors I have not even meet yet.

I attempted to make suggestions on a clear path to my room through the wider of two doorways AND again this man continued to attempt to infuriate me and argue more over common sense issues! Finally stuff is actually being brought into my home; INCLUDING a ton of dirt from outside. My roommate and I had swept and mopped the previous day. The floors are now extraordinarily filthy from this detail as well. When the drawers were unwrapped and discovered to be broken, the helper gentleman was apologetic and asked kindly what I wished to have done. The other guy however proceeded to tell me, "WHAT DO YOU EXPECT, YOU BOUGHT CHEAP FURNITURE. OF COURSE IT IS GOING TO BREAK." I found this absolutely appalling behavior. It doesn't matter, I paid for my items to be delivered not broken.

The other guy with him did attempt to help with the T.V. stand however, we discovered to our dismay that the pole inside was broken, which made it unstable and rendered it useless as well. After their departure I did discover that they did not take the wrapping trash with them but had thrown it on the ground, next to the trash receptacles outside. I find that very disrespectful as I have with most of my experience from the delivery of my items.

Lastly - I did miss this at time of delivery due to how incredible upset I was with the service and lack of respect to myself, fellow neighbors, and my belongings - but one box was missing upon arrival. It is a flat box which holds two posters, one of Vincent van Gogh Starry Night and one of Marilyn Monroe. Due to the nature of this issue and the severity of unacceptable service, I would appreciate timely process with these issues. Best Price Moving (Chicago) is who picked up my items and the dispatch service, however I believe the semi at drop off said ultra van lines."

Overcharged, told was to get a refund, never did. Filed a complaint with BBB and mymove.com for reimbursement of lost items and damage of things that actually did arrive. Left messages since they needed to contact mymove.com with the bill of lading but totally blew it off. I called and was always sent to voicemail. Half of my things never arrived or were completely damaged. A mirror to a bedroom set, never arrived. 12 boxes with kitchen items and other items completely gone. However they tried to give me a bench THAT WASN'T EVEN MINE! Where is my stuff and I hope you all burn in hell for not giving a ** for losing, damaging or even helping out when things go missing.

All they had to do was call with paperwork for a refund so I can move on. I've moved across country 3 times and NEVER had such a terrible experience in my life and to think you can sleep at night knowing you are robbing poor innocent people. It's plain sick and all those reviews you got there are complete bogus. Worst service I've ever had. Not to mention they didn't give me all the required documents on upon arrival for me to file my claim completely since the one piece I needed just happened to not have been given me. All I want is some closure and a refund for being overcharged and my 12 boxes of things that I'm missing and my damage. Thank you for not being decent enough to even giving a **. DON'T USE THIS SERVICE! SCAM!

Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT hire this company for your move. The estimate they gave me was $1100. When it is all said and done, they billed me over $2K + I had to eat the cost of a new plane ticket because they did not pick up my furniture the day they said they were going to and I had to reschedule my departure. I am so exhausted by dealing with this company... I will spare you all the details, but the highlights are this: 1] no one will take any responsibility when they screw up... they just keep passing you around to different voice mail boxes. 2] They will tack on all kinds of additional fees on top of your estimate.... a 'shuttle fee' of $575 because the semi couldn't turn around.

Call me crazy but isn't that what an estimate is for? You are a LOGISTICS company.... packing supplies additional $145 which my rep said she was going to throw in billing no one would honor it. The list goes on... save yourself the headache and hire someone else.

Worst ever, moved 12 times over the years. In a rush, didn't label boxes, dumped contents of drawers into boxes, broke numerous pieces of furniture. Put furniture in storage, now loaded with roaches, not to mention other customers' items that they didn't want to take with them. Left numerous boxes in driveway when they left at mid-night. I have been at my new location for 2.5 weeks & I'M still moving boxes $30k later. Try to call, always say they will return call, haven't yet. Website always down. They were brokered by All State Van lines out of Florida, that's another story.

I am currently dealing with this company and still waiting for my stuff. After have many continuing issues I decided to go online to see what everyone else was saying about these people. All I can say is DON'T USE THIS COMPANY!!! I eventually spoke with a lady named Mary who finally agreed that I was overcharged and it would be taken care of right away. When I received my final invoice, nothing had changed! I called back several times to speak with Mary again and she was busy every time and has yet to return my phone call... I hope someone reads this and the many other bad reviews before hiring this company. These people should be arrested.

Each one blames the broker in FL and then they blame the Best Price in Chicago. They were 4 days late to get my stuff. Came at 8:30 pm at night on a Tuesday - were rude and complained the entire time. My stuff has yet to arrive in my new town. All along I was told to pay PER the TOTAL weight and they too required a new estimate a few days out... interestingly enough the new estimate was 1000 lbs more. I argued that these weights were way off. The gal assured me that they HAD to use DOT standard weights and not to WORRY bec I will only pay for the REAL weight.

Ok great... my real weight came in within 20 lbs of the original estimate - yet they pulled the old bait and switch and have had my stuff for over 3 weeks and are saying my stuff won’t be shipped until I send more $$ and they "PROMISE" they won’t charge my VISA until my stuff is en route - Yeah, I'm not falling for that!! They said they always use the revised quote - so I'm paying for "air space" oh and they take days to respond. They lie, say they understand and will try to help or reduce the price. But after days pass they send you the same amount due - oh and now include a sentence in email say there may be additional charges upon delivery! I was told I paid a down payment then the balance when it was delivered based on actual weight. They refuse to explain the "other charges" and were bold enough to hint that I have to pay them for holding my stuff hostage in their storage!! I have never been lied and cheated like this ever. I have filed with the BBB, My homeowners insurance, the local sheriff and today I was advised by my lawyer to open a case with the FBI.

I moved from Chicago to Florida and they were supposed to drive the things down. They picked up on June 27. They then put my things in storage, and no one ever told me. I had no idea for two weeks of calling, emailing, leaving messages - until I called with legal counsel. That's when they finally gave me that info and I still had to continue to wait until they said they had a driver coming down. Three weeks later, I was told that my things were on the way. They arrived July 19 just in time for the truck to break down before it got to my house. I had to rent a truck to retrieve my items off the side of the highway because the driver said when the tow truck arrived my belongings would be towed with it. They reimbursed me for my rental truck, but it was still the worst customer service and experience of my life. DO NOT HIRE THESE MOVERS.

First I got a quote, and the representative was so nice and efficient. But once they took the security deposit and loaded their truck, everything has changed. They assured me my furniture will be delivered after 10 days. Now it's 3 weeks and I have nothing. Mary from dispatching department has no clue where is my furniture. You will got to speak with the same person twice. Chanel ** who gave me the quote, and the firm delivery date totally disappeared from the picture. And this how they play their game. I was told 10 days, and they are saying 30 days from the first available date. They also assured me that my car will shipped on their own truck and it turned out they subcontract another company and ripped me extra $300. If you are looking to stay out of miseries in your move, stay away from this company.

After taking nearly a month to move our household belongings from Wisconsin to California, this company delivered our belongings looking as if they had taken them out of the truck and run over them prior to delivery. Now, because we didn't stop the movers as they delivered each item, mark it off the inventory, open each box, take out and unwrap each item, inspect it, and ensure that it was undamaged and functional, BEFORE we accepted the item, they are insisting that they have almost no responsibility for their actions. They have offered us $171 for nearly $4,000 worth of damages. They are hiding behind legalese in their contract as opposed to being concerned about doing the right thing and taking responsibility for the damages they caused.

So be warned either do not use this company or if you do, you will have to make your delivery take a completely unreasonable amount of time by inventorying, inspecting and ensuring each item is unbroken and undamaged (including powering on any electronic items) before you accept it. We took photos of the damage and took an inventory as we unpacked, but according to these companies, that doesn't matter unless you do this as each item comes off the truck.

These guys sell a bill of goods, then farm it out to disreputable companies. Although they have decent customer service, in that they actually answer the phone, once they subcontract out, they have no clue what is going on with your goods. They make promises they can't keep. And they do business with the worst moving company in the US, Best Price Moving and Storage.

I used a broker, which was my own fault. They subcontracted out to Best Price Moving and Storage. These guys are complete crooks. Once they had my belongings, they put everything in a warehouse for 22 days. When I started to ask questions, Mary hung up on me. When I called back, she sent me straight to a voicemail box. As there was no ring before it went to voicemail, I am sure this is where they send all customers who complain. The degenerate scum that work at this company play dumb, no matter who you talk to. If you talk to Mary, she will say she has no idea and it's up to dispatch. If you talk to Shannon, who is equally as worthless, she will say she needs to talk to Mary or dispatch.

Do not do business with these crooked, scamming, low life! The warehouse is in a disgusting neighborhood, which I only found out later. My goods are due to arrive. I have no clue when. But when they do, I am sure there will be items broken and/or missing. And when that happens, I will call the police and press charges on the driver.

I desperately need your help with a local moving company located in Chicago, Illinois. I've been scammed! I have never moved using a large moving company before. But since this company has picked up my items--even applied a bogus final charge to documents more than 24 hours before pickup--this increased final charge is clearly written on their documents provided on pick-up day. They have raised the Estimate/Final Charges more than three times or 200% over the original estimate; provided fraud Tere and Roaded Weight tickets; scheduled pick-up date was cancelled on the day but rescheduled for another day; my shipment items will most likely be lost and damaged; and guaranteed hostage of my items that are now in their custody and will be so until delivery.

The company I have a major complaint against is Best Price Moving and Storage, W. Mclean Ave/Unit B, Chicago, IL 60647; phone: (800) 720-4771 ext. **. Recently, I have relocated to Tempe, Arizona in November 2009. The original scheduled date for pick-up was Friday, July 16, 2010, but Best Price Moving called the day of and cancelled. Shannon in dispatch said that the truck could not get to Michigan in time. Even though this was a major inconvenience, Best Price Moving rescheduled and picked up all my belongings in Michigan on Saturday, July 16, 2010. Dispatch informed me that this cross-country move to Arizona would take between seven-10 business days for their truck to deliver my items.

After the move, the company never contacted me. So, three days later on Tuesday, July 20, 2010, I contacted them to have the number of boxes provided in the initial estimate adjusted so they can provide me the final adjusted charge to schedule delivery. Shannon in dispatch informed me that they "do not owe you any money--you owe us!" and demanded a whopping $6,079.24 within the next five-seven calendar days when the truck arrives for delivery.

The problem? The sales agent Tia provided me an original estimate for $4,000--a moderate weight for $2,394. I was told to make a 17% deposit but then told to wait. I knew the weight I had did not exceed 3,000 lbs--maximum. In November 2009, previous moving companies have come out to review my items in storage and provided written estimates. My items consisted of limited furniture and majority boxes/tubs. Tia then informed me to overestimate my belongings to get a high cost, higher than the already 4,000 lbs. She then re-worked the estimate and came up with a high cost of 7,000 lbs for a cost of $4,042. I was not happy because now I'm told that a double-over-estimate is required. Per Tia, the deposit of 17% from this estimate will be used toward the moving cost. Tia assured me that double-over-estimating is common--the higher deposit of $687.14 will be used toward all/most costs.

I'd paid the deposit. I was then promised and guaranteed after pick-up, the truck will be weighed and if the weight is under the estimated costs, she "guaranteed" the cost will be adjusted. "Most of our customers agree with this procedure to assist with cost at delivery. I guarantee there will be a price adjustment once we move your items," she said. "An adjustment that benefits me with a lower cost? Right?" I said. "Definitely," she said.

Since they have picked up my items on Saturday, July 17th, they are demanding the balance of $4,000. Currently, my items are being held within storage facility on their property for 30 days. At that time, they will be holding my life hostage with a $0.05 per pound of the total shipment if I don't have the balance available by August 16, 2010. I'd requested a copy of both the Tere and Roaded Weight tickets. I knew if the company followed the Interstate Commerce Commission (ICC) policies then the (empty) truck would have been weighed in Michigan at a local weigh station as close to the pick-up location as possible after the items were loaded for the Tere Weight. Then, the (filled) truck would again be weighed at a weigh station as close to the pick-up location for the Roaded Weight.

On Monday, July 26, 2010, I'd requested a copy of the these valuable weighed tickets after more than seven days of no communication from the company--not even the 50% deposit I never paid, nor was it requested. The ICC states that any reputable company should not increase their estimate/final charges by 10%.

By the end of the business day, two weight tickets were provided. This is the where another discrepancy appeared: both weigh tickets were dated for the next day, 24-hours later, at Best Price Moving personal weight station. Included was a statement for six boxes used on moving day with a total cost of $120. Ironically, the Bill of Lading that had additional weight and final charges of $6,079.24 was Friday, July 16, 2010, more than 24 hours before the actual pick-up date of Saturday, July 17th.

According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) protectyourmove.gov, this company has scammed others before. Unfortunately, I did not discover this website sooner. I was very concerned if Best Price Moving would increase the Estimate/Final Charge due to my family name. My last name is very well known in Michigan with city council and the recent mayoral changes the last four years. I was told I might have a problem with possible Estimate/Final Charge increase more than 10% as indicated by the ICC. Please review the FMCSA website for data regarding Best Price Moving-- ICC/MC #321559.

I am a single mom who relocated to Arizona for employment. I have not lived on my own in over five years. Due to the declining economy in Michigan, for the last six years I was unemployed then underpaid but relocating to Arizona has provided me a brand new start. This is the first time in almost 20 years I could afford to actually pay my bills. This company has scammed me by committing fraud to obtain another $4,000 plus keep my items for their own personal shopping.

The best solution to fix these problems is for Best Price Moving to re-pack all items currently being held at their facility for delivery in Arizona; road weigh the truck with all [our] items at a local Weigh Station close to my Arizona home; deliver items to Tempe, Arizona; immediately return to the same Weigh Station to Tere Weigh the moving truck after delivery. Payment in full if the initial estimate of $4,000 was accurate or less if the weight was more than 1,000 but less than 4,000-- this estimate/final charge must be adjusted accordingly.

At this point, this is the only way to determine the Tere and Roaded Weight--without using Best Price Moving weight station. The company has proven discrepancies, fraud, financial extortion and over estimate/final charges. Quick! I desperately need your help in getting back my life. I've been scammed! I do not have an extra $4,000 to overpay for my items stated by this company.

Copies of this complaint were issued to Internal Revenue Service (IRS)-Fraud Dept, FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection, Attorney General of Chicago, Federal Bureau of Investigation-Fraud Dept, MSNBC, CNN, WGN, and numerous periodicals. The National Consumer Complaint Database (NCCDB) allows consumers to file complaints regarding household goods moving companies including brokers, carriers and freight forwarders. This system also allows HHG companies the ability to view the individual details of the complaints and to challenge duplicate or fraudulent complaints.

This complaint should go hand in hand with the one lodged against Nationwide Relocation Services because I am sure they have their hands in each other's pockets. This was the company the NRS had gotten to pick up my hhg for my cross country move. They arrived 2 hours late with a truck from enterprise rentals that I could have fit my whole apartment and storage unit into (a 26' box truck)- if they hadn't loaded 2 households before me. The driver told me that both of the other households had been underestimated so there was only about 415 cubic feet left in the truck and they wouldn't be able to take all of my things.

I was given an option for them to take what they could that evening (this was 6 pm) and they would make sure another truck came out the very next day (Friday) to pick up the rest. They also said that someone would call the next morning to let me know what the weight was of the items they were taking. Not one word about the need for a new contract or deposit, no indication that they were not qualified to represent the company in that way. I let them take the boxes that would fit into the truck. The next day, I waited (with another person who was going to help me clean the apartment once everything was out) for the second truck to show up - it never came.

When I called Best Price, all of the sudden the weight of the things that they took went up from 3000 lbs to 4500 lbs and that I would need a new contract and deposit for them to send another truck; I was also told that even if I did that it would be at least a week to 2 weeks before they could get someone out again. I called my husband (in Phoenix) and told him what they told me. When HE called them, they told him that there was no need for a new deposit but that there was not ruck available for 2 weeks.

When he called me back and told me that, I told him that if I needed anew contract I was going with someone local - which I eventually did. As of today's date (Feb 3) I STILL don't have the boxes they picked up, they are have been avoiding setting up a re-weigh according to my demand for a re-weigh of my items in front of me (one of my rights according to the Dept of Transportation) and are still demanding almost $1800 at delivery - money I don't have and can't get.

Economic: we have had to borrow from family, take out payday advances, and devote both my monthly Social Security Disability check and my husband's paycheck to hiring a second company to get our furniture delivered. Stress: my stress level has gone so high that my diabetes readings are going into the watch zone instead of being under control Physical Damage: at least one item has been broken because I herd it crash to the ground (a glass punchbowl)- since I don't have the boxes yet, I have no idea what else might be damaged or broken.

Was told move was scheduled between 12-2. Came home from running errands at 9am to movers sitting on my stoop. Carrier basically bullied me to do it then, even though I wasn't ready. Said they called ahead of time and they didn't. Came upstairs, did a quick glance and said I had 700 lbs of additional weight and said I needed to sign a contract, but could not provide additional cost or reasoning behind additional weight. (I had packed everything I had quoted and had not added anything). Carrier was really rude and bullying, and I asked why he was being mean. He said, what, should I apologize or something? and I said, You are being really rude and I don't understand. and he stormed out of my apartment and drove away.

Customer service and sales team keep telling me I need to go to each other for support, and both parties now assuming innocence and saying I told the carrier to go home, even though the carrier did not even fulfill their end of the move by not coming at the scheduled time. Carrier accusing me of trying to do a charge back and telling me I am not getting a refund.

refusal of deposit; loss of revenue because took time off work and will have to take off work again to do own moving. Had to drive from Minnesota (already living there) to Chicago and now have to do it again to move my own.

My husband and I recently moved from Indiana to Arizona. I found Best Price Moving out of Chicago, IL. When I first talked with the lady in the office, she assured me they had very few complaints filed against them and assured me my furniture would be delivered in a timely fashion because, "we always have 2-3 trucks delivering in that area every week." She also informed me there was a 5-15 day window in which they could deliver the furniture and assured me they delivered 7 days a week.

My husband and I drove out to Arizona on a Tuesday and new we would arrive on Thursday. The lady I spoke with in the office told me to put the delivery date down for that previous Monday and we would have no problem getting our furniture by Friday or Saturday, and at the latest Monday. On Thursday, I still had not heard from the company, so I called them. They informed me my furniture would not be delivered until the next Friday. We were really upset.

Then, when I called a week later to confirm the delivery date, I was told the truck that was delivering us broke down and it wouldn't leave until Sunday. Meanwhile, I was informed that even though they deliver 7 days a week, the 5-15 day window is business days only. We eventually got our furniture the following Monday, the 15th day, only to find out they lost our entertainment center. There were several items broken. The boxes looked terrible. When I called to find out where my entertainment center was a few days after they delivered our things, she told me they found it and would send it out on the next truck. However, she couldn't tell me when that would be, even though I was told there were 2-3 trucks coming this way each week. She said she would call me to let me know when it would be delivered.

Well, she never called and a week later, on a Sunday night, I got a call from the truck driver informing me he would be there on Monday to deliver the shelves. I never heard from the office and have tried to contact them about my frustrations, with no response. We also paid to have our furniture disassembled and reassembled. They definately disassembled it, but left our home without reassembling our furniture.

Please, I am warning you, do not use this company. There are other companies that will work to protect your belongings and make it worth the thousands of dollars spent to move your things! I work with a lady now who moved from Chicago recently and used the same moving company. She said she had things missing and her mother had things taken out of her suitcase. If you chose this company...good luck!

i made arrangements to move my mothers and some of my items from indianapolis to palm desert california last fall. they arrived six days after the date given me to arrive; only one man, the driver, was available for over an hour. almost every box had at least one item broken; multiple bookcases were destroyed; several boxes didn't arrive at all, with items such as bose radio, smoothie maker, one-of-a-kind knives, multiple boxes of kitchen items including food and spices. brass daybed was dinged and screws missing. craftmatic bed had no screws, bolts, etc that had been attached. nightstand missing to master bedroom set. glass in framed picture broken, costing $100 to replace the glass alone.

i figure i lost $2,000 between damages and loss of items, just that i know of right now. the cabinets and bookcases had to be trashed. i had to get a new headboard for the craftmatic since i had to get new nightstand to match; had to buy all new screws, bolts, etc to put bedding x2 back together. when i contacted the company they wanted pictures of the items-how do you take a picture of missing items? there are many other items broken, destroyed or missing, but i gave up trying to figure it all out. wish i could find the people that did this. i would find their homes and have at it to destroy some of their items and see how they feel!

I was initially told that it would take 5-7 days for my belongings to be shipped from Chicago to Portland. Seven days came and went, and my belongings did not arrive. Two more times I was given a date by which time my belongings would arrive. Each date came and went, and my belongings still did not arrive. All calls to the long distance manager (Aron) have gone unanswered. I have been given another datethis Sunday (8/26/01)by which time my belongings should arrive. It is now the Thursday before, and to my knowledge, my shipment has yet to leave Chicago. I cannot confirm this, however, because Aron still refuses to return any of my messages.

Best Price Moving and Storage Company Profile