1.16/5

Compare Movers

Chicago, IL

Compare Movers

31 Best Price Moving and Storage Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 13, 2019

Steer clear of this fraudulent moving company. They didn’t honor a binding quote and added bogus delivery charges, totaling $3,158 more than our contract. They held our possessions hostage and threatened to put them in storage until we paid them in cash. They showed up a day late for delivery with only one mover (2 hours later locating one on Craigslist), requiring us to unload our own possessions. And, they lost and broke some items. I could go on but will just say buyer beware!

Original review: May 3, 2019

I recently wrote and revised a few reviews on this company (they were appointed by Colonial Van Lines as the moving company for my out of state move). The Original reviews are based off of my moving experience... damaged as well as missing furniture (among a couple other things). This company has somehow damaged most of my fairly new wooden furniture -- as well as misplaced one of the large side panels of my bed. So I have been sleeping on mattresses only since... and the rest of the bed could not be put together without the panel -- so they had to leave it disassembled.

I have never heard of this company until my experience thru Colonial Van Lines (the movers that hired this moving company to move my furniture -- of which I still don't understand). My advice to you is to make sure you avoid this setup. And IF you Decide to go thru Colonial Van Lines -- ask who is moving your funiture! If they speak anything about this company being a part of your move -- Please don't waste your money or put yourself thru the unnecessary issue. You will be seeing this same review on this company on other sites. Hopefully it will help someone else not make the same mistake of going with this company as I did.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 31, 2019

We contacted Right Way Movers, 1800 Pembrook Dr., Orlando, FL. and talked with **. We went through our inventory over the phone and ** gave us a quote of $6700 for a move. After doing the phone inventory I called ** back with around 10 additional items we had forgotten, but he did not add them since he had "padded the estimate by 10%" so not to worry. We were not informed our work was to be subcontracted.

When the Best Price Moving and Storage showed up at our door they took a quick look and said the move would cost $18,000, almost tripling the estimate that we were given. They claimed it would take more than their 26 foot truck. I immediately called ** and he said to let them put our things on the truck so we would not lose our deposit of over $2,000, for which he had demanded a check instead of allowing us to use a credit card (that was slick!) To make it worse, he said "as long as your belongings match the inventory you can get it for the originally quoted price." But, remember, he never added on the additional items that I called to tell him about. The Best Price people then told me I could sign that I would pay $15,000 as a flat rate, no matter if our stuff did fit on one truck. Thank God we at least had the foresight to send them away.

We now have an estimate from another mover who looked over the house and the estimate came to around $10,000, which is within reason. It was clear to us we were being scammed because ** should have sent different movers instead of harping on how we would lose our deposit if we did not let them load the truck. Further, just think how bad it could have been if we let them load... We would then be their hostages. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THE ORLANDO RIGHT WAY MOVERS AND BEST PRICE MOVING AND STORAGE.

Original review: June 28, 2018

We called Colonial Van Lines, they gave us an estimate over the phone, mistake. Little did we know we would get a subcontracted company Best Price Moving and Storage. They did not show up when they said, in fact it was more than a day late. Never showed up until 7:30 on a Friday night. We had to find someone to stay at our house so we could drive 34 hours to make it to work on Monday. They entered the house and stated right away that we had too much stuff and it would be twice as much. $2400 now is costing us $6100.00. We had a delivery window of June 11 to June 26. They are now telling us July 2-4th. I'm scared to see how damaged things are or if we get them at all. Please do not use this company. We didn't have time to do research and are regretting it. Imagine being in a strange city with nothing but an air mattress. I will file a complaint and am seeking legal counsel when our belongings are finally delivered. They really are a POS.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

We did not hire this company for our move. We called Federal Relocation Services (another bad company) who claims to help the military with their moves. Well they don't! They hired Best Price Moving to do our move. They DID NOT TELL US they subcontract out their work. Best Price Moving men arrived at our door very late, three men dressed in skimpy shirts and shorts, all smoking. Very unprofessional to start with. We were afraid but had no choice. They looked at our items and the leader of this group called their office and all of a sudden our move costs tripled in price. From $4,000 to over $12,000.

We told them we could not afford this and told them to just take our larger items and we would do the rest ourselves. The lead man called the office to tell them and they said that we would have to pay the $12,000 plus price OR ELSE! Office person was rude and screamed at both of us. After an hour of arguing with them we agreed to pay $6,400 just for our large items. We still had to make arrangements to haul the rest ourselves from Michigan to Florida.

I WILL MAKE THE REST OF THIS NIGHTMARE SHORT AS I CAN! The movers took several rest breaks out on our front lawn. We noticed they were all smoking ** and drinking liquor. They did not wrap our large items and just carried them out the front door. They dropped my washer on the front porch face down damaging it and then proceeded to lie about it. A lot of our furniture and appliances were damaged. Items in boxes were also damaged. Then when they arrived in Florida a week later they called us and told us they would not deliver our stuff because we did not pay.

Their office was closed, banks were closed, and we had to come up with proof that we paid. Then finally one man showed up in a semi truck to deliver and he refused to park in the street in front of our new home. He told us to rent a truck ourselves and meet him up at a Kmart parking lot to get our items. So we had to rent a truck from Home Depot and he loaded our items into the rental truck . MY HUSBAND AND I ARE BOTH OVER 60 YEARS OLD and we could not unload our items. We drove the truck home ourselves. The next day we had to hire another local company to unload our stuff and we paid for it. Best Price Moving and Storage Company treated us like garbage, did not care about their work, damaged several of ourselves items, breached their contract with us by not delivering and unpacking our items to our new home!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Price Moving and Storage?

Original review: July 3, 2017

I contracted Colonial Van Lines/Relo, but unfortunately they sub-contracted the job out to Best Price Movers. According to our contract the moving company was to call us the day before to set up a time and to tell us a truck scale to meet them at to weigh the truck before loading. We did not receive this call so we called them and were told the driver would call us in the morning probably around 9:00am. On the day of the move we received a call at 6:30am saying it was the driver and they were there. I informed him we were supposed to meet at the truck scale and he informed me that Best Price does not do that. We were told based on our house size by Colonial that they would be bringing a 53 foot trailer to load.

Best Price arrived with a 26 foot box truck. All of our belongings did not fit and Best Price said they would have to charge us to send out another truck so instead we just loaded the remainder of what we could in our vehicles and left the rest. We were promised a professional trained crew and instead Best Price sent two men who did not speak English, a 22 year old who spoke broken English was the crew leader, and his 14 year old brother who had been kicked out of school. That's right a kicked out of school 14 year old boy was sent as their professional mover. This boy had an extremely bad and aggressive attitude. He scared my wife and daughters and got in my face. The crew had no regard or respect for our house or property. They knocked holes in and scratched up the walls, stained the carpet, scratched floors and broke tiles, spit on floor, and just tossed our possessions around.

They tried to charge us for the tape, extra boxes we had already paid for, and tried to say the weight would be thousands more. We paid for televisions, mirrors, glass cabinets, and pictures to be specially wrapped and packaged and they just shoved them in boxes with some paper. Needless to say almost everything glass arrived broken. We were told and paid for our belongings to be stored in a climate controlled storage facility and instead Best Price stored our belongings in a non-climate controlled warehouse in the middle of July. On the day of delivery Best Price sent a very lazy man who spoke broken English and a 15 year old boy. They refused against our contract to bring our belongings upstairs saying it was too heavy for the two of them. My 68 year old father-in-law and myself carried all of our belongings upstairs.

The boy spent the day in the bathroom and the man stayed by the truck. We basically unloaded the entire truck for them. When finished they refused to re-assemble all of our belongings that they had taken apart even though it was in our contract. I had to put everything back together myself and could not find all the necessary pieces so I had to go buy new parts. Lastly, a great deal of our possessions were heavily damaged and they lost 10 boxes. Try calling them and you get voicemail which goes unreturned and if you do finally get to speak to someone they are extremely rude and unconcerned with your issues. Best Price Movers should have their business license revoked. No matter what moving company you use make sure you get it in writing that they will not use in any way Best Price Movers.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

Negative stars for negative service. They are called 'Best Price' (if THAT) because they aren't "best" at anything else. I enlisted help from North American Relocation Company and their customer service and help has been awesome. HOWEVER they stuck me with Best Price Moving and Storage and OH WOW how I'm angry at NARC for placing me with them. I cannot (so far!) say anything bad about the actual movers in the trucks, as my pick-up experience was very good. We'll see when my stuff gets to me, if ever.

It's been 5 days now, my original estimate was 2-3 days (oh the marketing tactics). "No problem you should get your stuff by the end of the week for sure." My new estimate, after waiting 5 days with no follow-up from them, is now: "Looks like your stuff is to be leaving storage next week"--NINE DAYS after it's already supposed to be EN ROUTE and hasn't even left yet. But my pick-up experience was not bad. Can't say much for how my drop-off will be but looking at these reviews it looks like it won't be very good at all... Can't wait.

As of now I can say plenty bad about the 'office' who has had extremely horrible customer service, and this is the company's fault for keeping them employed. I've called a 'Mary' at 773-661-0750x** several times (for several days) and left voicemails to try and get some information and never received call-back. I spoke very briefly to a 'Nancy' probably twice and she kept saying 'hold on' and transferring me to 'Mary' even though I repeatedly asked her not to because Mary was not helpful for me because she was not answering and not returning my calls--I asked Nancy if she could try to answer my questions but she kept cutting me off and transferring me even though Nancy is in DISPATCH DELIVERY and could have very well answered my questions but decided she was too lazy to.

I then gambled at a different extension and talked to a booker to ask if he could call 'Mary' and get some info for me and he just kept saying 'all I do is the booking'--saying 'I could just give you the same number you have' 'that's the only number I have' when I asked for a supervisor number or a complaint line. Apparently there is only three people that work in the office? And no one could give me ANY info about my shipment information. I got zero help from the few people there. No one even attempted to help me or try to find a solution for me. They apparently hate their lives and want to spread their bitterness onto everyone else.

Do you know what happened when I called the customer service department at North American Relocation Company (the company that set me up with them)? Patty right away put me on hold to call 'Mary'--and got RIGHT BACK ON THE PHONE with me with the info I had requested that Patty had received JUST THEN from speaking with 'Mary'. I have called 'Nancy' and 'Mary' multiple times and never received help, and I know she was in because Patty JUST talked to her. If I didn't put in a complaint I'd feel like I was enabling them to treat customers terribly and that'd make me feel awful. Be aware that these 'customer service' people need to be replaced with actual people that can give customer service not just pick up a pay check for sitting on their behinds and doing nothing.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

I was looking for a moving company to move me from Detroit, to Tennessee. This company had the best price or so I thought. First it started off with them changing the moving date unexpected. Then it happened moving day... I was hit with - we take to your things to Chicago and weigh them there. What? Nobody told me this... I'm was expecting my things to meet me in Tennessee the same day. Then next here comes the extra fees that were not mentioned WHEN I first called this company. At this point what can you do, you can't cancel because you will lose your deposit and your already packed to go. So now it going to take 0-6 days for my stuff, then 1-7 days for my stuff, then 2-10 days for my stuff.

After several days I called the Florida location to talk to customer service. IT WAS THE WORSE SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED. It was no remorse, no apologies or empathy from the customer service rep. So six days later I get a call that says FINALLY they are going to deliver my things between 12-4 on the next day (Tuesday, a week later).

Come Tuesday and the driver TEXTS my phone to say he will be here from 5-7. Next I get a call from the Chicago location saying my stuff can't get delivered until the next morning because he had a blow out. She stated that he is still 3 hours away, how can that be when he stated that he would be here between 5-7. This company has caused me to spend unnecessary money and made my life an inconvenience. My transition has been HELL thanks to this company. I couldn't enroll my daughter in school, we had to buy clothes until they decided to release my things hostage. I hope this helps someone in the future of grief, disappointment and wasted money. NEVER use this company.

Original review: July 3, 2016

Absolutely the worst experience I have ever had. They made me pay them before they unloaded and they refused to put the furniture back together. Many damaged and lost items. Diana was terribly rude and refused to send someone back to put the things back together. Our belongings were supposed to arrive in 7 days, it took 24 days. Movers beware!!! They also raised the price on moving day by $750.00. New news!!! I finished unpacking my stuff and 2 crates of sterling silver jewelry with precious stones were stolen, also, presents such as a Barbie dream house, $200 worth of Barbie furniture, and all my antique Barbie dolls. My son's antique lionel train set and much more. My boxes were marked with what was inside them and they took all of my things that were worth something. I suggest marking your boxes with numbers and write down what's in the boxes on paper.

PS. I checked the Better Business Bureau complaints. This is an ongoing problem with their workers stealing valuable items. And it is also an ongoing problem with their employee Diana being rude and hanging up the phone on people. I have kept asking her for their insurance number and she wouldn't give it to me until I called Nurizon Van Lines (the moving company I originally hired to move me).

Original review: Nov. 6, 2015

Last year, I was promoted at my job and had to move to NYC as a part of the hike. On the suggestion of a colleague, I hired Best Price Moving to carry out the job for me and I am glad I chose them because they are the best in the field. As soon as I contacted them, a representative was assigned to me and he called me up for details. He then visited me personally and took all the details regarding the move and also asked me for some special considerations I was looking for, which really clicked for me. I could actually sense professionalism in the way they were working.

They were well in schedule for packing my things and took proper care to pack the delicate items separately to ensure their safety in transit. The stuff was there at the destination right in time, even before we had reached there. Best Price Moving has dedicated team of movers, who went an extra mile to help us with the setting of the new home, something that people seldom do. I appreciate them not only for the quality of their services but also their friendly attitude. I would surely hire them again when needed.

Best Price Moving and Storage Company Information