3.40/5

Compare Movers

Radius Moving and Storage

Based in New Jersey, Radius Moving and Storage provides relocation services all around the United States. The company works on a 4-step process of estimating, packing, transporting and unpacking. Radius Moving’s services include full service moving, long distance, packing supplies, packing service, secure storage and commercial relocation.

Compare Movers

30 Radius Moving and Storage Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

I moved from NY to Florida and these guys made it so easy for me. The crew was great. They wrap & pack everything for me, took very good care of my furniture. The only problem was the delivery took longer than expected. I’m guessing because it was all the way to Florida but their office kept me posted on the whole process all the way through the delivery.

Original review: July 31, 2019

I have moved once in the past and had a bad experience but I am so THANKFUL for Radius. I swear. They made it so easy and just altogether the best experience possible. Their guys came to my home and then had to go pick up stuff from my office. The man that was in charge Rob which was a pleasure to deal with was very professional and had his men Jasper and Jamie moving fast and making sure everything I needed to get done was done. I swear. I have a kitchen glass table and when I mean it’s a heavy piece of work, I seen these two guys pack it up so quick and professional. I was just so happy.

If I could give Radius more than 5 stars I would. They are very sweet, nice and caring from the office to the men that come out. I was talking to my sales rep Kelly and she was so great and sweet. She made this one of the easygoing moves possible. I also wanted to just let everyone know that I would a million percent recommend Radius Moving and you should use your company.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 20, 2019

Totally, totally!! Last minute!! Was accommodated with every last minute detail that popped in my head, "since this was a last minute situation." The gentleman were on point worked as a team communicated so effectively they were personable, professional, and energetic. In addition owner "Michelle" came to oversee and ensure everything was done to satisfaction. Couldn't ask for a better process... All this from a person WHO NEVER WRITES REVIEWS!! With this experience I had to!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

1st off I want to start off by saying I personally had a great experience with Radius Moving & Storage. Their professional crew came in and did everything I asked for and everything I need, I even forgot about a couple of closets that I thought were empty and when we did a walk through before the guys left I noticed there were still 2 closet full of stuff. The main guy said, "No problem ma'am. I will take care of it." He was great and so were the other guys, yes my bill did go up but that was my fault because you never know how much stuff you have until they actually pack it up. I have had a great experience and actually recommended my friends to use them and they are. Once again thank you Radius.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I moved from Hampton, VA and had my items picked up on May 22, 2019. They delivered my items to my new residence in Fort Worth, TX on May 26, 2019. They lost one of my boxes that had 2 cameras and camera equipment in it. One of the cameras was a Canon DSLR 70D with my 18-55mm lens, 55-250mm lens, several macro lens, many color filters, battery packs along with a battery grip, charging stations and cables, some cleaning tools among other things that were in there. The total worth of all the items that were inside that box was of over $3000 dollars.

I called them to let them know that I was missing such box and that it was really important for me to get it back, the lady on the phone said that she would get in contact with the driver that delivered my things and their warehouse so make sure they could find my missing box and send it to me. She told me to wait for them to call me back. I waited for two days without hearing back from them, so I decided to give them a call and see if they had found my box. When I did the lady on the phone was really rude and she cut me mid-sentence saying "we know about your box, ok! You are not the only one that is calling about missing an item!. Give me a week to find it, no a week and a half!". So I thought that being rude back at her wouldn't get me anywhere so I was polite and said that it was ok and I would call back then.

I waited for nearly two weeks and called back to find about my missing box. The same lady answered and said the same thing she said the first time: "I need to contact the driver and the warehouse to find the missing box". In all the time I had being waiting she had done nothing to try and find my missing item. She was just stalling for time and making up excuses. And thus I am here making a review so that new people thinking about contracting this company for their move change their mind and don't do it. This is by far the worst moving company around and if I could give them negative stars, I would. I am in the process of making a claim for my lost and hopefully get some much needed help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Radius Moving and Storage?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Horrible experience with this moving company. If I could give them minus 10 stars, I would. They’re completely unethical, I honestly don’t understand how they are still operating business. Terrible customer service, they’re all about money, money, and more money. They charged me almost twice as much of what they originally quoted me, they overcharged me for boxes and packaging supplies they never used. When I called to discuss my bill, they gave me the worst possible treatment and yelled at me saying someone else will call me AGAIN to discuss the issue!!! They are HORRIBLE... DO NOT USE THEM!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. This company is totally dishonest. They gave me an estimate on the phone of about $11,000, but when they showed up they admitted their estimate (done without any inspection and strictly over a detailed checklist with someone named Donovan over the phone) was wrong and tried to upcharge me to $22,000. I fired them on the spot, but they would not return my initial payment of $3,560. I paid the initial money by credit card and then disputed the charge when they put it through. They claimed I had had addition items that I refused to pay for and cancelled the move. In fact, I had no additional items. Their estimation procedures were faulty and they underestimated the size of my move by a factor of 2. The foreman admitted to me that I had answered their questions and estimate form accurately but that they did not realize the actual size of my move. Avoid this company. Read the other poor reviews on this site.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I've been writing reviews in various outlets because I feel, as consumers, this is the most we can do to deter or avoid unethical practice. The original moving company I signed up with called on the day of the move to say they can't make it. Radius sales rep understood my predicament and solicited service and confirmed he has a truck available to move that same day. It turned out to be an intentional lie. The dispatcher was surprised and since then I was never able to reach anyone from Radius moving company.

I called the sales rep and he never answered the phone. I called the number provided on the website and it went to voicemail every time. No one called back. I emailed "Donovan" and not a single response. In the end, no idea when the movers would come, no service, and then no refund on the deposit ($855). Again, no one answered the calls or returned my messages. The deposit was never refunded. 2 weeks later, I continue to try to reach someone and left messages. No contact.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I had called for an estimate for moving from N.Y. to AZ. They gave me their estimate and I said I would let them know. Meanwhile, after calling several movers for estimates, I felt I could do better with renting a truck from Budget and move my things myself. About a week after I called Radius, they called me back to see if I was going to hire them. I told them I was going to move myself with a Budget rental. He began to tell me all the reasons that was a bad idea when we got disconnected. A few minutes later he called me back.

He told me he went on Budget's website and looked at their prices. He began quoting their supposed prices, all the while telling me how much more it would cost me. I told him the prices he saw are not the ones I got. I got discounts for several reasons. He tried to argue the point with me then suddenly said, "You know what? Do it yourself. ** you." And hung up on me. They have got to be kidding. That's how they run their business? I was actually thinking, maybe it isn't worth the effort of doing it myself. If I decide to hire someone, they will not be on the list of businesses I ever call again, or recommend to anyone.

Original review: May 22, 2018

My mother always said if you can't say something nice about someone or something then keep your mouth shut. Well I am safe here. Have only great things to say about Radius Moving and Storage, Clifton, NJ. They are so very professional, the communication was great and the movers were nicer. The price was very competitive as well. Have had so many bad experiences with moving companies in the past so couldn't be any more pleased that I chose Radius Moving. Don't hesitate for a second to check them out. You will be glad you did.

Radius Moving and Storage expert review by Jonathan Trout

Radius Moving and Storage is a full-service moving company based in New Jersey. Its services include corporate relocation, full service moving, long distance moves, packing supplies, packing service and secure storage. It operates throughout the United States.

• Corporate services: Radius can move your office or provide warehousing services depending on your needs. They’ll work with you to find the best arrangement.

• Full packing services: Radius will pack your office supplies in boxes and prep your furniture by wrapping and crating it as needed. They provide blankets and tape at no extra charge.

• Long distance moves: Radius provides moving services anywhere in the continental United States, so you can move your business from coast to coast.

• Well insured: Radius Moving and Storage carries over $1 million in insurance, and you can purchase insurance to cover your business’s goods when you sign up for services.

• Online quotes: You can get a quick quote by filling out an online form with your contact information and move details. Radius will be in touch with a quote and more information.

• Best for: businesses that need to move their offices or warehouse their items.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout