2. Mortgages
Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.05/5

Rocket Mortgage is a mortgage and refinancing company that offers 24/7 online services. With Rocket Mortgage, you can apply for and receive a mortgage or refinancing services online and get access to custom services and plans.

BOTTOM LINE

Rocket Mortgage offers 24/7 online mortgage and refinancing services. The company provides multiple mortgage types and gives you access to home loan experts without requiring you to leave your house.

PROS

• Multiple mortgage types
  • Refinancing available
  • 24/7 services

CONS

• No in-person services
Rocket Mortgage Learn More

What is Rocket Mortgage?

Rocket Mortgage is an online mortgage provider that’s part of the Quicken Loans family. With Rocket Mortgage, you can apply for a mortgage or manage your current mortgage completely online. If you’re not sure which mortgage or refinancing type is right for you, you can reach out to one of Rocket Mortgage’s home loan experts, who are available to assist you 24/7.

How does Rocket Mortgage work?

If you’re interested in applying with Rocket Mortgage, visit its website to start the application process. Rocket Mortgage asks you a few questions to determine whether you qualify for its program. Some of the questions include:

• The type of loan you want
  • The type of home you want to purchase
  • The property’s use
  • Your planned purchase date
  • Whether you’re a first-time buyer
  • Your credit score is

Once you’ve entered this information, Rocket Mortgage asks for your name and email address. After you’ve been approved for a loan, you can make payments and manage your mortgage online through Rocket Mortgage’s website.

Rocket Mortgage rates

Rocket Mortgage’s rates vary based on a few factors, including your credit score, location, loan type and desired loan amount. The company doesn’t disclose its rates online, but its parent company Quicken Loans does show sample rates. To get an accurate estimate of your monthly mortgage payments, including interest rates and fees, visit Rocket Mortgage’s website and use the online mortgage calculator.

Rocket Mortgage FAQ

Is Rocket Mortgage the same as Quicken Loans?
Rocket Mortgage is part of the Quicken Loans family.
What is the minimum credit score for Rocket Mortgage?
Rocket Mortgage’s credit score requirements vary depending on the type of mortgage you’re trying to qualify for. For FHA loans, the minimum credit score is 580. For cash-out refinances, the minimum credit score is 620. For more information on Rocket Mortgage’s credit score requirements, contact a company representative.
How long does it take to close with Rocket Mortgage?
Rocket Mortgage closing times vary depending on your situation, but the company states it takes an average of 30 to 45 days.
Will Rocket Mortgage hurt my credit?
Getting a mortgage or refinancing with Rocket Mortgage may cause your credit score to drop initially, but your credit should return to normal as you prove your ability to pay it back.

Is Rocket Mortgage good?

Rocket Mortgage is a solid mortgage and refinancing company. As part of the Quicken Loans family, it offers a completely online mortgage process that lets you work with homebuying experts from the comfort of your current home. If you’re searching for a new mortgage or refinancing loan and meet the credit score requirements, we recommend checking out Rocket Loans.

Rocket Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Mortgage?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

We had a very good experience and are also very satisfied about our outcome. The people we talked to were helpful. I guess the only iffy thing was our appraisal. We had one and there was some question about a parcel one and two. Should the appraisal have gone up after including the second parcel. I did email about this and accepted the answer but maybe should have called. My fault on not following up better. Appraisals are also subjective and that is the nature of the business. We are relieved to have a lower rate and to have a different mortgage holder and one we feel we can trust.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

Our initial contact with the agent was excellent and the interface for uploading and signing documents was easy to use and very convenient. My only complaint with the process was that it took a while to get to closing. I understand that the market is especially busy right now, but after around 10 weeks had gone by and we still weren't closing we called to ask what the holdup was. By the next day we were ready to close which made it feel like it had been ready for some time and if we hadn't called it would have been idle for a some time. While I thought this could have gone better, I would still recommend Rocket Mortgage to everyone because of the convenience and lower fees.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

Quicken thoroughly vetted me; self employed. The process was lengthy and arduous from the Borrower's side but looking at it from the Lender's side; I would have done the same things. It's money being lent to a complete stranger and a lender wants to know the loan is good. My Representatives were friendly, and quick to respond to my questions. They were well trained for the task and kept me well informed. Providing Docs was easy uploads thru the Bowwows' web-portal. I was kept up to date thru the entire process. They texted me to inform of Doc's needed if I failed to check my Account Dashboard timely. I would strongly recommend Quicken.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

Overall my experience was good. The main room for improvement would have been with my banker. While trying to close on my loan I was trying to have a payment towards a stormwater fees removed because my condo association pays it. My banker did not follow through and at closing I had to work with a specialist who recommended I close my loan and request to have that payment removed afterwards, which I did. At that point it only took a couple calls/emails and a couple of documents and the fee was removed. I don't understand why this couldn't have been done during my application process. Otherwise my banker was fine. Everyone since then has been great. It was a minimal fee and not doing a. Ew escrow analysis is only a minor inconvenience since I now have only about $8 a month going to escrow for nothing but it could have been solved earlier in my opinion. Thank you to everyone who helped work this out!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

We have had a mortgage with Quicken Loans for many years and have been very happy with the service. Chris ** was our mortgage banker for this refinance, as he was very professional and responsive. The only complaint we had with with Amrock and our title analyst Corey **. While waiting for our title insurance policy, he called daily - sometimes several times a day, and quoted some arcane law that didn't even apply. In addition, he failed to follow the wiring instructions for the disbursement of funds upon closing, which caused my husband to have to drive back to Wilmington while we were on vacation and go to the bank. Again, Rocket Mortgage was great, Amrock not so much.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

Hassle free refinance with great use of smart technology. I would definitely recommend Quicken Loans to a friend. I appreciate the fact that they were able to work with public tax records rather than going through an expensive and unnecessary appraisal.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

This was the 4th time we have refinanced with Rocket. The process was easy and fast. One thing held it up, establishing employment at the end of the process after all docs had been submitted and we had received the closing date. Seems that verification of employment would be the first to be verified when an request for refinance was submitted.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

The Quicken refi process was simple, quick & professional. I highly recommend Quicken! I have recommended three family members. I couldn’t believe the user-friendly application process. I like the option of choosing a closing date and the closing attorney coming to me well prepared. Thank you Quicken.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

Rocket Mortgage quoted a very good rate, but refused to say if it was 0 points until they checked credit report. I asked given my score of 800 if that was 0 points, but they refused to say. They only said they were very competitive. I finally relented and allowed credit to be pulled. They then said it was 3 points!!! That's not competitive at all. Also, they pulled my credit score twice, once by Rocket and once by some affiliate, which will reduce my credit score for the next two years.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I recently refinanced to pull out some equity and reduce my rate... It has been a month since closing and I still do not have my agreed upon money that was supposed to be direct deposited into my account. I am getting delayed responses and multiple excuses.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

Thank you so much for the opportunity to refinance our home so quickly! We appreciate the time it took the team to do everything needed and how easy it was to appraise and close as well, especially during the pandemic.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I liked your ease of application and the ability to talk to one salesperson. It became confusing when different people would contact me in arranging the loan. Also some of the information requests in my Rocket Mortgage Account were confusing. Example-This is a joint mortgage with my wife but the autopay set up only allowed one name. Another example - this request for feedback made me type in my profile when you should already have it. Also it said order number. Does that mean loan number? Net. Getting the loan was easy. Communicating with you is harder. And I want ONE customer service rep by name. Regards **

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

The process from start to finish was fantastic. It went faster than I thought. I will absolutely tell family and friends how easy this was. I lost my husband in May from Covid and needed to lower my pmt. Thank you so much for helping me.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

We refinanced our home all online and signed papers in our home. It was all very easy and saved us thousands of dollars! The staff are all so friendly and easy to work with. They stayed on top of everything and it was done so quickly. Thank you so much!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

Our refinance was effortless... Quicken has an excellent, efficient process. Highly recommend using Rocket/Quicken. I have been a real estate agent for 26 years and never have I received better, quicker service in such an easy, user friendly system.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

The loan process was easy and smooth from the start of the application to the closing. The submission of the required documents was easy by uploading them online. As a borrower, I was updated as to the status of the loan along the way. The closing was also quick and easy. Overall, the processing fast and efficient.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

Closing of refinance on December 28th 1:30 pm. I asked notary how long it would take. He said 20 minutes. Computer work alone was alone 20 minutes. Paper signing 35 more minutes. Notary did not want us to social distance. I had chairs set up to do that. He moved his chair closer to my husband at the table and finally agree I could sit 6ft away. So it was not only 20 minutes as he stated.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

Awesome experience. I truly didn’t have to do anything. Will try to refinance my parents house next. Well informed and professional people. Great rate and lower payment. Will recommend to friends and family. Thanks.... Excellent experience. Staff were very responsive and professional. Thanks again for the awesome refinance experience!!!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

Great experience. I’m so happy it is going to help my budgeting. I think I can pay my bills without having to work an additional job. It was wonderful solving the problem without going to a lawyer's office.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

Very easy with website clearly laid out on what I was to provide and the progress being made to close the loan. I felt very well informed during the process. The staff at Rocket Mortgage was always courteous and helpful.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

Cameron did an awesome job working with us and making sure we understood the various options. His communication was amazing and he was always available whenever we had questions. We would definitely recommend him and Rocket Mortgage! An overall great experience.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I had a great experience with Danny. He was patient, explained why it would benefit me to refinance now and provided me with everything in writing as he said. There were no surprises, hidden cost or fees. The closing was just as easy. The attorney was able to meet me in a secure and safe environment especially during the pandemic. I plan to be a long time customer.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

The refinance process with Quicken loans Was made simple by their app. In addition to their support via chat and on the phone. I highly recommend Quicken loans. A close friend is already using them due to my recommendation. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

This was the quickest, easiest and smooth refinance ever! Jesse ** was wonderful and Samuel ** the attorney was awesome! Never did I think this would be such an easy process! I highly recommend Rocket Mortgage to anyone looking to refinance! I promise you will be happy! Very transparent company to work with and I was able to shave 10 years off my mortgage and lower my interest rate and monthly payment!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I started a home refinance loan with Rocket Mortgage and gave them a $250 deposit and was lied to already on the phone. I was quoted a 2.75% loan rate but was Not told that it had been a real 2.9% rate that would cost me $1,750 in debt to buy down to the 2.75% rate! This is a bad practice they use to up all the fees and rates, I finally was given the estimate sheet that showed it all, most likely should have demanded this first but it's all part of the pressure ploy used online to bait people in. I watched free online tutorials about refinancing homes and got more educated in this whole process and cancelled my loan both in writing and verbally! To get back my deposit I had to have my Visa card get involved as Rocket stalled, but I was able to only have to pay $76 for a credit search that they did 3 days consecutively for no good reason, found that from the Bank I went to getting a Real Loan! Avoid this group!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

Rocket Mortgage makes the process simple from start to finish. RM Agent was always available to help and assist with any questions and with the process. The online and app tools are easy to access and use. Very user-friendly process.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

My experience from beginning to end was A+ rated. From the loan officer to the closing team I had nothing but great communications with all involved. Being able to remotely submit documents and correspond via the rocket mortgage app was extremely quick and easy. Especially during the closing. I have nothing but praise for Quicken Loans/Rocket Mortgage due to my great experience.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

This is my third loan through Quicken Loans - Rocket Mortgage. I absolutely love the service and will NEVER select another mortgage provider. Quicken reached out to me to prove they could provided a better rate than I already had through them. And then they delivered.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

Overall it was a good experience. Just a few frustrating moments with getting closing answers at the end. Everyone is very kind and fo their best to give information. The other thing was the change at last disclosure. No explanation as to why they gave cash instead of paying off the loan.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

Took 120 days to close a refi even being a current client. Then the payoff checks came too late to payoff 0% interest credit cards that they knew was up in the beginning of the year. Now I’m scrambling to get checks reissued to me because I had to pay off amounts out of my pockets because it took so long to close. They never followed through with what I had told them to do and it kept putty out closing off. This will be the last time I use them or even recommend them to anyone. Very disappointed on how they have handle this issue.

Rocket Mortgage Company Information