3.78/5

Compare Movers

National Moving Group

National Moving Group is one of the largest full service movers and moving brokers in the United States. National Moving Group specializes in long distance moving, commercial moving, residential moving and auto transport.

All of our movers are licensed and insured to give you peace of mind throughout your move. We will work with you closely to guarantee your moving experience is enjoyable. Call today to request a free custom quote!

View More View More

Compare Movers

153 National Moving Group Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

The team from 3 Men notified me of when they would arrive and they arrived on time. All three men were very polite and and were efficient and moved our belongings with care. Once we arrived at our new home they moved everything in and placed things where we had directed them to with the same efficiency and care. If we ever move again they will definitely be the first ones we call. Outstanding move for these first time home buyers and first time customers of a moving company.

Original review: July 12, 2019

We could not have been happier with our experience with National Moving Group. The movers were absolutely fantastic and worked hard and fast. They were professional, friendly and easy to get along with. We are really glad we hired them.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 5, 2019

National Moving Group, offered me excellent service for my cross country move. The driver and the helpers did an amazing job and were done in literally 3 hours. When they dropped off my furniture I explained to them where my furniture needed to go and they were so efficient about setting up my furniture. I read some reviews that did not have such a good experience however I can assure you my move went really well. If you are looking for a great moving company make sure to contact these guys.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Most HORRIBLE moving company in the world!!! They tell you one very low price in the beginning and when you sign the contract with them they start raising prices several times! We went from $2000 estimate price to over $6,500!!! Over 80% of our household items were broken during the move! Several items was lost! We're trying to claim all of this issues with their claim department but they promise us every time we call to call us back and they never do! After months of trying to start the claim they just hang up on us when we say who we are!!! It looks like put us on their "Blacklist"!

Most dishonest and unprofessional service you can ever deal with in this country! You can see just small amount of our furniture that was broken and put in the trash because there was no way to fix any of those things! They lost hardware bag to put our king size bed back together! They still charge us for that service though! The only way now to get our claim money back is go to the court! That's what we're going to do! Please stay away as far as possible from this big time SCAM!!!

Original review: June 22, 2018

Our Move Management Specialist at National had no idea that 1/4 of our shipment was sitting in a warehouse a week after pick-up, despite multiple phone calls to her office. Although she did subsequently arrange to have said items crated and transported, she continues to claim that she has no control or idea of where our goods are or when they'll be delivered. Further, their Claims department claims that we are entitled to no compensation because our beds and linens were delivered within the contractual time period, and they are all that are essential. I don't know how they have any pride in how they "serve" military families with their complete disregard for contractual timelines and delivery of complete family household goods. They may not care that my kids' toys aren't in their playroom yet, but my boys sure do.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Moving Group?

Original review: May 23, 2018

Do not hire this broker! They ripped me off for $757 deposit. They almost doubled the cost of my move 3 days before move. They know how hard it is to find a mover with this notice. I found one but lost the money that I gave these guy in good faith. Look up the lading number you could fill a fleet of moving trucks with the complaints!!!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

This company will not hold to their quoted price and will hold your belongings hostage. They picked up a full 26 foot truck full of our belongings, but the truck was over 10 feet empty when they delivered. Better Business Bureau is not much help, and trying to get anywhere with this company to resolve is not going anywhere. I am forced to files charges and a lawsuit against Daniel ** to get financial restitution. They also caused almost $4000 in damage to my floors when they did delivered some of my things! STAY FAR AWAY from this company! Their number is 800-772-5549.

Original review: July 26, 2017

My final charge was triple of the original estimate, and to boot, I had over $7,000 in damages upon delivery. Even though I spotted most of the damages before they unloaded the truck, they forced me to sign papers before they would unload anything, promising me that their insurance would take care of it. I was literally standing in a snowstorm and had limited time. I trusted the moving truck manager, and 3 months later, after hours of paperwork, they awarded me $35 because I signed the papers I mentioned above. Absolutely crooks. I'd never use them again.

Original review: April 26, 2017

This is the same scam artist running a chop shop under different name. The company is owned by a couple of criminals. PLEASE BE AWARE!!! LOOK FOR THE ADDRESS. This is probably not needed since they are currently under investigation by the DOT. They will lie and steal your money. If you have made the mistake of giving any of these companies money call your credit card or bank NOW. If you speak to them it's only going to fuel the fire when they tell you you're beat! If you pay by check it's over. It's illegal to put someone into a contract giving them 72 hr. refund period then calling them after they are outside of that time frame hoping they change something on the inventory then demand more money or again the customer is beat. They push you to use the check by phone service offering discounts so you do not have normal dispute options like with a credit card.

They have written a very tricky contract that you never have a chance to read. In your estimate you will find a "binding estimate fee". This is what they cover up the broker fee as. This amount is simply a random amount of money you're tricked into putting down as a deposit. Once that payment is made you're then beat! If someone actually shows up on the requested move date that's when the real fun starts. Everything is the complete opposite of what you were told. The carrier has received no funds yet so they can charge you whatever they would like. This is just another South Florida phone scam! DON'T FALL FOR IT! Simple put you can go directly thru any moving company. YOU DO NOT NEED A BROKER. In this case it's someone to rob you blind then sell your job to 2 Mexicans and a pickup truck. These are bad people.

Original review: April 24, 2017

They promised a lot and were not able to deliver on anything. You may hire them, but you really end up with very terrible trucking company out of NJ who are called "Most Valuable Movers". It may depend on where you pickup but if you get these guys to pick up your stuff watch out! I was told we would get our stuff moved in 7-10 days, it took over 30 days. Pickup they called that morning and said they wanted to pick up that evening at 7 PM. They give you a bunch of paperwork to fill out while they supposedly take inventory. The process as described by National is they are supposed to compare your inventory list vs actual and confirm before loading. Because we were moving from a storage unit, we were in the car filling out the paperwork and they started loading without confirming. Since it was after hours we could actually reach anyone from National by phone and only were texting with them.

They tell you not to sign any changes in the estimate unless they tell you, but you can't reach them. Spent 4 hours at a weight station refusing to sign a document that increased my cost by 50% because the weight was 6,000 lbs instead of the estimated 3000 from National. The nightmare does not end there. I get a call on Easter Sunday telling me delivery will be the next day at 9 AM. When I contracted for service, I was told weekend or evening delivery was no problem, but these guys aren't the ones who make the decision. The truck driver dictates when he will deliver and if you can't be there at the time he says, he will take your stuff to a storage facility and unload. They will then charge you storage fees until you come and get it. Luckily, we were able to make arrangements to be there.

The last chapter in the nightmare. We have broken stuff because they pick up in a small truck, off load into a warehouse in NJ, load in again on a larger truck and then deliver the load. Most everything was dusty and looked like it had been mishandled. If you located in the Northeast you will probably get these same movers. I would not use these guys ever again!

National Moving Group expert review by Janine Sarna-Jones

National Moving Group is licensed as a moving company and a moving broker, which allows them to work with other moving companies to operate competitive pricing. They provide residential, commercial and inter-state moving services and automobile transportation.

• 24-hour customer service: Customers can reach a National Moving Group 24-hours a day by phone and e-mail. If customers have any problems, they will be able to get in touch with a representative quickly.

• Climate-controlled storage: National Moving Group and their carriers have climate-controlled storage facilities, so customers’ belongings will be in a safe temperature if there is a delay between their pickup and delivery dates.

• Packing help: Customers who don’t want to or don’t have time to pack their belongings can get help doing so from National Moving Group movers. There is an additional charge for this service.

• Free quote: Interested customers can visit National Moving Group’s website to submit their information to receive a free quote.

• DOT information: National Moving Group clearly lists their Department of Transportation number on their website. This number lets customers review the company’s safety record and any complaints on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration website.

• Best for: Households, individuals, busy professionals and all those moving long distance.

Profile picture of Janine Sarna-Jones
      Janine Sarna-Jones Moving Expert

Janine Sarna-Jones is a Certified Professional Organizer and Move Manager. She is the founder and president of Organize Me Inc. and has been helping people get organized at work and at home since 1992. A member of the inaugural class of Certified Personal Organizers and board member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing, Janine has helped a broad range of clients, including corporate executives, small business owners, real-estate agents, moms, artists, therapists, and non-profit organizations.

National Moving Group Company Information