National Moving Group

National Moving Group is one of the largest full service movers and moving brokers in the United States. National Moving Group specializes in long distance moving, commercial moving, residential moving and auto transport.

All of our movers are licensed and insured to give you peace of mind throughout your move. We will work with you closely to guarantee your moving experience is enjoyable. Call today to request a free custom quote!

Compare Moving Companies

Research top Moving Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

This is the same scam artist running a chop shop under different name. The company is owned by a couple of criminals. PLEASE BE AWARE!!! LOOK FOR THE ADDRESS. This is probably not needed since they are currently under investigation by the DOT. They will lie and steal your money. If you have made the mistake of giving any of these companies money call your credit card or bank NOW. If you speak to them it's only going to fuel the fire when they tell you you're beat! If you pay by check it's over. It's illegal to put someone into a contract giving them 72 hr. refund period then calling them after they are outside of that time frame hoping they change something on the inventory then demand more money or again the customer is beat. They push you to use the check by phone service offering discounts so you do not have normal dispute options like with a credit card.

They have written a very tricky contract that you never have a chance to read. In your estimate you will find a "binding estimate fee". This is what they cover up the broker fee as. This amount is simply a random amount of money you're tricked into putting down as a deposit. Once that payment is made you're then beat! If someone actually shows up on the requested move date that's when the real fun starts. Everything is the complete opposite of what you were told. The carrier has received no funds yet so they can charge you whatever they would like. This is just another South Florida phone scam! DON'T FALL FOR IT! Simple put you can go directly thru any moving company. YOU DO NOT NEED A BROKER. In this case it's someone to rob you blind then sell your job to 2 Mexicans and a pickup truck. These are bad people.

They promised a lot and were not able to deliver on anything. You may hire them, but you really end up with very terrible trucking company out of NJ who are called "Most Valuable Movers". It may depend on where you pickup but if you get these guys to pick up your stuff watch out! I was told we would get our stuff moved in 7-10 days, it took over 30 days. Pickup they called that morning and said they wanted to pick up that evening at 7 PM. They give you a bunch of paperwork to fill out while they supposedly take inventory. The process as described by National is they are supposed to compare your inventory list vs actual and confirm before loading. Because we were moving from a storage unit, we were in the car filling out the paperwork and they started loading without confirming. Since it was after hours we could actually reach anyone from National by phone and only were texting with them.

They tell you not to sign any changes in the estimate unless they tell you, but you can't reach them. Spent 4 hours at a weight station refusing to sign a document that increased my cost by 50% because the weight was 6,000 lbs instead of the estimated 3000 from National. The nightmare does not end there. I get a call on Easter Sunday telling me delivery will be the next day at 9 AM. When I contracted for service, I was told weekend or evening delivery was no problem, but these guys aren't the ones who make the decision. The truck driver dictates when he will deliver and if you can't be there at the time he says, he will take your stuff to a storage facility and unload. They will then charge you storage fees until you come and get it. Luckily, we were able to make arrangements to be there.

The last chapter in the nightmare. We have broken stuff because they pick up in a small truck, off load into a warehouse in NJ, load in again on a larger truck and then deliver the load. Most everything was dusty and looked like it had been mishandled. If you located in the Northeast you will probably get these same movers. I would not use these guys ever again!

I have a very nice and smooth experience with National Moving Group! Jay ** is very nice and helpful. This is my first time moving across states. Jay answered my every stupid question patiently and made wonderful moving suggestions such as where to buy the mattress bags and moving boxes, what we should do on the moving day and how to pack. He also asked carefully about our items, especially the size and the estimate of the weight of each item, and gave us a very reasonable and nearly accurate estimate. The Customer Service of the company is also very good, very responsive! Our overall experience with this company and Jay is very positive and we believe they will make the moving never painful.

These guys were hired to move my daughters from the Twin Cities to CA. Terrible experience: lied to about their arrival time repeatedly, they finally showed up 3 days late; didn't have enough men to do the job in a timely fashion (luckily I brought a hand truck & moved boxes myself for 3 hrs.); many "fine print" upcharges for having to walk a certain # of ft. from the elevator doors to their apartment door; when they weighed the truck at a commercial truck stop weigh station, it came in over their estimate & the driver shook my daughter down for $2,500 extra in CASH before he'd take the load.

The 1-2 wks to get the load from NJ to CA (why would they take a load from MN to NJ?) turned out to be 4wks! Again, the shake down for $4,000 more before they'd unload! And payment for damaged dining room chair, bicycle, etc.? $100 - take it or leave it! These guys are pirates! Shop with them at your own peril! Hire a reputable national firm!

I recently moved from Henderson NV to Lake Forest Ca. When setting up the move contacted numerous moving companies and found that National Moving Group would best fit my needs. While setting up the move I was told by 3 separate people that when I was ready (I took advantage of their 30 free storage to save money on a storage unit and another moving company when I was able to move into my new home), anyway, I was told that they required at least a 2 day notice to have my items delivered. When the truck and crew showed up on moving day, it was with a Budget rental truck AND I was told that if I used 3/4 of the truck it was the price I agreed to BUT if I used the entire truck it was going to be more! I'm not a mover but even I could see it was going to be a tight fit using the entire truck!

The fellow in charge of the crew made several phone calls for me and did get me some "discounts" but it still cost more than planned. I need to take a minute here and say that the crew was WONDERFUL! They worked very hard to make sure all of my items were handled safely and everything was wrapped and taped so nothing would be damaged.

Anyway, I had no choice but to continue with this company since I needed to be out of the house that day, so was stuck paying the extra. Now it's time to have my things delivered and it's a joke! I called on a Tuesday to have delivery on Saturday. Remember I was told a 2 day notice was needed, gave them 4 days... The response I got was there is no guarantee of delivery on the date I need! Called again this morning and was told they're working on getting my things to me on Saturday, but might not be until Sunday or Monday! I'm angry beyond belief!!! I'm 70 years old, did this move on my own, packed 95% of my things by myself and injured my shoulder in the process. Right now have folks to help me on Saturday, but not Sunday or Monday! The young lady I've been speaking to, Shaina, has been trying her best to help me out, but she can only do so much.

So, here I sit, waiting for a phone call from the DRIVER to teller when the delivery date is going to be! I regret not doing a more in depth research on this company because I would have NOT gone with them! The misinformation is inexcusable and certainly not professional. Would recommend National Moving Group to any of my friends or family? Absolutely NOT!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Moving Group?

We found the information about the National Moving Company on the Internet. The representatives were very welcome and made a list of my moving articles.

They gave me a good estimate of the moving cost. The movers Andre and his partner were on time disassembling the furniture in my Dearborn home and did an extremely beautiful job dissembling and with diligent care loading the furniture on the truck. The furniture came on time less than 10 days to South Florida home. My husband and I are very happy with the moving company services from A-Z steps. Their process of moving furniture from state to another state is exceptionally professional! We highly commend this National Moving Company, its contract office staff, movers, and all the staff involved in the moving process! It takes a teamwork to do an excellent job! Don't hesitate to hire this great company!

We were contacted by several moving companies for our move to Arizona. National Moving group seemed reputable and I saw some good reviews. Having never been through this before and our short time frame to move, we were assured by Zach, our initial agent, that they would take care of us. In communicating with Jenna afterward for 2 weeks leading up to our move, I was assured with an updated estimate, that my furniture items and fragile item would be handled with care.

On the day of our move an Enterprise truck showed up and a completely different company was picking up my items. I was never told by National that my move would be outsourced to Victory Moving Company. When the movers got there, I was forced to pay additional for packing and wrapping of my furniture and mirror (which National had included mirror box in my estimate). I was also told I owed more on my deposit and move when all of the items I had emailed to Jenna never made it to Victory and DJ claimed he had no record of this. When I called National they then told me that only included the box and not the packing.

After DJ (who is also the owner) had me go through and sign a bunch of pages of a contract not wanting to take the time to review every step or give me options, the movers proceeded to load my boxes onto a truck. I was also told that four large pictures that were wrapped myself were not insured. I watched as 2 stacks of boxes fell off the back of truck. One stack landing on the pictures that I was just told were not insured. When confronted DJ's response was "if it was glass, I would have told you!" After paying extra, I watched all of my furniture items, including my custom mirror and my tv get loaded onto the truck with no wrapping, packing or protection. When confronted again, I was told it gets packed at the warehouse. Why would anyone load a mirror on a truck with no protection.

I called National at the end of the process and wanted to speak with a supervisor. I was told my concerns were documented and I would be hearing from a manager in the next 2 days, and I owed more on my deposit. After a week went by and I repeatedly called the company, spoke with 4 different people, I finally spoke with Caitlin. She told me the only thing they could do was give my packing money back and it would take a few days. I had to go with the 30 days of free storage due to our circumstances. I was told by Caitlin and Frank that my items were stored in a warehouse in Florida. That was not true. Over the course of our move and the process of dealing with National was unprofessional.

I had to call the company over 20 times. When we secured our new address. I was told by Caitlin to email the new address to Victory to expedite our shipping and yet there is no contact information on their contract. Caitlin said she would handle it. On the Nov 10th I was told that my items would be on a truck by Thursday of the following week. When I contacted Caitlin on Wednesday she assured me, that my items were being loaded on Thursday or Friday, and I would receive them before Thanksgiving. By the 23rd when I had not heard anything. I called and spoke with Sheena who told me that my items were being stored in Georgia (which I was never informed of that) and she had to find out where all of our stuff was.

On the Friday after Thanksgiving, I received a call from Sheena at National saying the movers were ready to ship our items and they needed an address, which I gave to them verbally and in writing on the 10th of November. We received our items on December 3rd (10 day after we were promised by Caitlin). All of our items that I watched get loaded on the truck with no protection got unloaded damaged. Our boxes most of the ones marked fragile are beaten down damaged and had holes in them. Our mirror came wrapped in a furniture blanket and shattered (no box). Our dressers, mattress, tv, boxspring, and bedframe are all damaged. A box marked Fragile had 7 out of 15 pieces in it that are shattered and broken. I have electronics that no longer work. To top it all off the movers were bringing items into our apartment that were not even ours.

After another two weeks of speaking with National (Caitlin) and getting nowhere, being told that I would be called by Victory within an hour and never receiving a phone call, I was finally called by DJ. I sent over 80 pictures of damages. He told me that there is no such thing as a mirror box (try google), and when confronting him about the inappropriate packing his exact words "I threw furniture blankets over everything and that was protection enough and NO, I did not tape any down." Basically file a claim, I will not get very much money back and it is not his problem. All and all, this company is unprofessional. The damages exceed $3,500 and my move was $2,400. They do not care about anyone other than themselves and what they will make off of you by scamming. I will be attaching images soon.

Tommy was amazing when setting up my move from NH to WI. I would like to start out with saying Tommy who helped me get the price and date and time set up for my move is AMAZING! He was very quick on getting the answers to all the questions I had, he was able to keep me informed as to what was going to happen next. Also when I called him about my property in route he was very quick on helping me with my concerns of someone in customer service not returning my calls to give me an update on my delivery. Also the two young men that picked up my belongings in NH were also AMAZING! Very hard workers and both were very willing to work with me and get things moved in a timely manner as I was not in NH long.

I used the services of NATIONAL MOVING SERVICE (http://www.NationalMovingService.Com DOT 2507756) to move my belongings from Illinois to Texas. The customer rep I spoke to was Alex (866-620-5694 Ext. **). This company is specialised in lying more than anything else. I don't recommend doing any business with those guys and here is my full story with them.

After doing my online research and contacting many other moving companies for info and quotes, I end up choosing NATIONAL MOVING SERVICE even though they didn't give me the lowest price because Alex their Rep, was patient enough and full of BS assuring me that they own their own trucks so my furniture and belongings are not going to be moved around with sub-contractors. Also Alex gave me multiple quotes for 500 - 400 and 300 cubic feet (cf). He reserved 500 cf for me to reserve the place on the truck assuring me that I will pay the cubic footage I will occupy in the truck the day of loading not more unless I go under 300 cubic feet.

Loading day: before starting to load my stuffs the loaders told me that I will pay 500 cf regardless of how much I will occupy in the truck. I tried to call Alex many times but obviously I couldn't get hold of him. The driver called the company and I spent about 30 min with Alex's manager over the phone explaining to him all the BS. He didn't want to hear reason and on top of that he had the guts to play the card of the ~500$ security deposit money I paid and he had the indecency to harass me holding the security deposit money and laying off Alex if I don't agree with his terms. Also I was never told that they charge 5% if you pay by credit card which obviously I didn't know until I saw my statement online! I would like to give good credits for the loader though. They were very professional and they did a great job (I remember the driver's name Louis and he was Brazilian).

Delivery day: my delivery to Dallas was sub-contracted to a company named UZBEKEXPRESS INC. The driver name was Tony and the truck number was 5. I am not complaining about UZBEKEXPRESS as Tony was respectful. BUT I had 2 nice oak chairs broken and here is the other lie, NATIONAL MOVING SERVICE subcontracted my move. In summary: it was all lies and expensive. This company subcontracts their moves and they do everything to take your money from bonding you to misworded contacts to charging 5% on credit cards without any notice and they don't take good care of your belongings. Don't recommend them at all.

My move from Midland to Springfield was full of scheduling difficulties due to Van Lines not showing up/being off schedule. Kaitlin was very supportive throughout the process to fix the situation and made sure my move was completed without further issues.

I might not be that good in making judgments but there are certain things that I am sure about. For instance, I know that National Moving Group is the best relocation company in Florida. I have worked with many local relocation companies but not even one of them have ever displayed the level of excellence that was evident in their crew. These people were so amazing and they relocated with lots of professionalism. Everything was done the same way I wanted it and that made me a happy man at the end of the day.

The movers who came to our surprised us with how fast they got everything done. We were in the new home in no time. They were nice and helped to bring everything into the correct room. They were courteous and didn’t give a problem when we asked them to read the labels on the top of the box and stick them in the rooms they would be unpacked in. Great service all around.

I would like to say a HUGE thank you to Heidi in making my move flawless and sticking to my budget! The guys from JT Express were very professional and did excellent work. I would certainly recommend them for anyone's future move!

Sadly I have to agree with all the negative reports, it's sad to say this, but it's true. We contact National and spoke with Eric & Jenna, all best friends until the contract is signed, then nothing. Still nothing. Didn't know they were a broker, until one of their movers came to the house with unsolicited advice, stating that he will move us, for a lot less than National. We contact National who then sent out VICTORY MOVING AND STORAGE. Victory showed up two days late, no word, should of been a red flag, but Zach was apologia. HELL begin after all our things were packed, and we had a empty home. The quote increased a third more, per Zach, he suggestion was to pay per cubic feet to save money. What a mistake that was. Moving across the state was hard enough, it costs us additional car rental and hotel fees due to all the delays.

Our delivery date was July 8th but didn't get it until the 14th, unaware that it was not a full load, with a lot of damage, broken one of a kind pieces. We didn't receive another additional delivery until 8/10/16. Again not all our things and was confirmed by Johnny the driver, that DJ the owner confirm that the rest of our things were in the warehouse. To this date we still have not receive our things, we also have someone else belongs, and Victory and National are aware of this.

Please check US Dot # and ICC/MC #. I believe these numbers follows the company even if they change their name regardless how many times they change it. Victory Moving and Storage is base in Florida, however their warehouse is in Vegas. Dot number 1462202 ICC/MC 552407 Please do your research, we found National here, and felt safe. Big Mistake. Do your research, then do it again. Check US Dot # & ICC/MC #'s. Get recommends about movers from your realtor. Do not be left heartbroken and with lots sleepless nights. Check and double check.

Please add your address inside your pack boxes so if someone does receive it, they can call you. Mark every box with a number, do not sign the bill of lading until all boxes are check off. Please do not let the driver pressure you into signing the bill of lading until you know you have everything. You are paying big money to get your precious things moved.

From the moment I visited their website, I knew there was something different with this relocation company. They were so prompt in answering the back question. I was using the live chat option and their technical operator was willing enough to help me out with clearing some of the doubts that I had in mind. I requested for a quote after that and what came was even more impressive. I did not think twice about seeking their which also did not take me time. The last part of it which involved the delivery of services was even handled more professionally. It was for sure something worth remembering!

The estimator from National Moving Group was very friendly and helpful. He understood that I really wanted to have a stress-free relocation and he promised me the same. He started by giving me a quite affordable quote which surprised me because the movers would do all the work for me. He even went ahead to share some tips on how to avoid heavy moving fees. The guys that came to handle my things were also great. They were industrious and remained industrious throughout the process. National Moving Group is a moving company for everybody.

My long distance move from Montgomery, AL to Newark, NJ was very intimidating just to think about. Thus, I needed the services of a proven mover and after searching online for a reliable mover, I contacted National Moving Group with a view to giving them my business. From the first interaction with these guys, I knew they were the right people to handle my things. They did not disappoint. They are very friendly people, skilled in the trade and true professionals. National Moving Group proved that they can match any challenge when it comes to transportation.

All of my items were handled with extreme care and got here in one piece without any damage. The movers were professional, courteous, and clean cut. The moving company could have been more forthcoming about the 48hour window for pickup and that the appointment time was not a definite but the customer service and pricing and condition of my items left me one satisfied customer. I would definitely use this company again.

National Moving are brokers. They promised and not done anything. I got stuffs after 1 month. They just handover to different company and gone from there. National Moving not there anywhere after they got payment. Do not trust this company and waste your money. I am still waiting for discount they offered for late delivery even after one year.

Jeff was my best friend and very responsive until I signed my contract. He was totally unreachable after that. Since the job was farmed out to a company over which I had no control, when I had issues with those movers, there was no one to help me troubleshoot. No one. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

In working with National Moving Group the entire staff was professional and courteous. The experience with National Moving Group was the best part of our move. While the actual moving company, which National Moving Group no longer use, was horrendous. National was there every step of the way.

Upon hiring National Moving Service for my move from Atlanta to Florida, I was told that the movers would disassemble my furniture and reassemble the furniture in the new location. Well needless to say that did not happen. They only delivered my things, they did not reassemble anything and some of my furniture was damaged. I called to complain and was told someone from customer service would contact me. I'm still waiting to hear from them. Would not recommend this company to anyone and I definitely wouldn't use them again.

I had an issue with movers from Nation Star inaccurately weighing their truck. They overcharged me over $2000 what I should have owed. I went back and forth with customer service from National Moving Group for 2 weeks. They either gave me empty promises of making things right or telling me it's not their problem. It wasn't until Alyssa answered the phone that I finally spoke to someone who listened to me and saw my frustration at being overcharged by a fraudulent moving company at Nation Star. She worked with me and fought to get as much money back for me as possible. She was awesome from start to finish and I couldn't be happier with the care she gave to this unfortunate situation. She deserves a raise.

I also pray to God that you stop contracting through Nation Star moving group so that this doesn't happen to anyone else. Any company with an F on Better Business Bureau and 1-star on Yelp should be all the red flags you need. In the end though I'm happy this situation was resolved and happy to have someone like Alyssa to take care of me.

We originally spoke to Thomas **. Through the course of conversations on his cellphone as well as his direct work line, we were led to believe when the driver comes to pick up goods, they would be leaving out en route on their multiple stops. We were told 5-7 days to drop. Pick up was 8/26/16. It now has been 33 days. If I knew it was gonna be a whenever we feel like getting your goods to you, I would have just rented a U-Haul truck and trailer and hauled everything up myself. And still save myself $3,000. If we knew that it was gonna be a whenever delivery, I would have NEVER allowed my goods to picked up.

Even better the pickup we were shaken down for more money, the "driver" looked at the inventory my wife went over in detail twice over the phone, now is not at all what the driver was wanting to haul, he then proceeded to tell us what he could haul and what he wouldn't. I had to rent a 6'x12' utility trailer and haul the remaining half of my household goods myself. It really pissed me off that I had to haul the goods they wouldn't take. I drive for a living, Owner Operator 53' lowboy, RGN and Step Deck. I travel all 48 states, Canada and Alaska. We have had a horrendous experience from the beginning at the salesman. We were given misinformation about the exact procedures of the move. We unfortunately found out after the fact. I will never recommend your company for anyone's move. It pains me because your company was used when I was stationed at Andrews Air Force base and had no issues.

There was some issue with the movement of household stuff but special thanks to Frank who helped us throughout to resolve the issue. He was always reachable over the phone and made sure that we receive our stuff at the earliest. Thanks Frank!

I was very nervous about choosing a moving company but after talking to Eric ** with National Moving Group and seeing how detailed he was in explaining the process and doing my inventory I decided to give the company a shot. The move went off smooth and without any problems whatsoever. The process was very easy and even when I had a slight change in plans and had to change the pickup date it was no problem. No additional charge or fuss. They worked with me and my individual needs and really made the move work for me and my family. Can't say enough about the customer service and the politeness of everyone I spoke with in the company. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who appreciates honesty and integrity and the best level of service. If you're not into games go with National.

I relocated this past month from Wilmington, DE down to Boca Raton, FL. My experience from the initial sales rep Thomas **, right down to customer service was AMAZING!!! The guys were helpful on pick-up and were very professional. I've NEVER moved prior to this, and I'm so thankful I got ahold of these guys!!! I would recommend National Moving Group to friends, family and anyone else making a state to state move.

As a student moving 8 states away (from NC to ME) to dental school, I decided that I would try enlisting a moving group to take care of the stress of driving up the congested highways of the northeast. My understanding was that I would arrive at my house a few days before the moving company would arrive with all my belongings. I directly worked with JP ** who assured me that my things would arrive between 4-10 days after pickup since the east coast was their "regular route". I proceeded to plan the pickup date according to what JP assured me would be a quick move. I was very optimistic that the move would be easy and taken care of professionally. Then the nightmare began:

This moving company is a CONTRACTOR. They do not move your items personally, they hire a secondary moving group (Victory moving) to do the actual work. National only sets up the move and gives the customer the quote and both companies get a cut of the profit. This makes for a VERY disorganized system when you are calling National Moving Group. I cannot tell you how many times I had to call to receive any type of information about my move. National kept promising that they would call me back with details, and they wouldn't unless I kept hounding them for information. Also, the 24-hour customer service that National Moving group boasts is only for "emergencies". When I called after hours, the receiver was outside of the office without any access to my move information and told me to call in the morning.

They will set up a quote for you that is the "worst case scenario" and have the weight values off for your itemized list. When my items were picked up and weighed I had to pay an ADDITIONAL $430 for it being 800 lbs overweight (I even personally weighed many of my items and could not understand why collectively my items were overweight). When I called National Moving group to find out how much more I would have to pay after my items were deemed "overweight" Frank couldn't even tell me a value (because Victory was actually the one charging extra). When I asked National to work with me on the pricing because of my student budget, Frank instead requested me to fill out a positive customer review ON THIS WEBSITE in order to get a measly $50 credited back to me.

Once Victory moving group picks up your things national has NO WAY of tracking your belongings. I called multiple times to locate my items and a national employee said "yeah, my job would be a lot easier if we had a GPS tracker on each truck." This is because once Victory moving group has your things, you have to call their company in order to get any information regarding the location of your belongings.

The movers give you an estimated time of arrival when they pick up your items. My mover was OVER two hours late. I had to ask my family to stay behind and sign the paperwork because I was called into work. The movers could barely speak English! My father was trying to ask questions about the contract that he was about to sign, and the mover could not respond well enough to explain what was going on.

Which leads me to this next point. There are discrepancies between the contracts with each moving group! National moving group promises the first 21 stairs along with the first 75 feet to the house without any additional costs for moving and handling. Victory moving charged me an extra $75 for moving my items past 7 stairs (which they considered a flight). This was supposedly outlined in the contract my father signed at pickup that wasn't explained to him! I tried to contend with them about this and they refused to move anything out of the truck unless I paid them.

In addition to all of this, my items took OVER 2 weeks to arrive after pick up. In fact, Victory moving had my items taken down to Atlanta to be stored until it would be convenient and cost efficient for them to move my items up to Maine even though the east coast was said to be the "regular route". Because of this I had to sleep on an air mattress for a week and a half.

Not only that, but there is a discrepancy between the number of days the two companies guarantee delivery. National moving group guarantees 21 business days (which JP failed to ever mention to me when I was signing the contract). Victory has an even longer time frame of 30 business days. I was apparently lucky to get my things after two weeks.

Victory Moving was also very difficult to work with. I contacted DJ and had to badger him to put my items on the next truck up the northeast. Also, DJ would not work with me on a time for delivery. I basically begged Victory to at least have their movers arrive after 5:30 (Because in dental school I have class from 8-5). They told me that they were arriving when they wanted to, and if they had to wait for me they would charge me an extra $79 for each hour they had to wait. I had to ask a friend to be on standby for when they arrived.

My overall experience was EXTREMELY dissatisfying. I had an ungodly amount of stress tacked on to the stress of starting a healthcare professional school. Both moving companies were very unprofessional, and I ended up paying $500 more than the original quoting price. I wrote this long detailed review in hopes that I can prevent another person from falling trap to this nonsense. I hope sharing my story helps you decide to not move with this company.

National Moving Group was a true disappointment. They contract out different movers to do the actual moves and Oleg Van Lines, Inc moved my things. Not dependable, not reliable, not truthful. I have moved 14 times in the last 17 years and this is THE WORST company I've ever worked with. That's the short answer.

Long answer: For National Moving Group's benefit, I would review Oleg's performance and their website's customer reviews as they are all negative. I would eliminate them from your manpower workflow as they are giving National an even worse name. I found National Moving Group on the Consumer Affairs website, going through the 'which mover is best for you' survey.

I called and spoke with Jeffrey ** who was very helpful in going through all the items I had to be moved. He gave me a quote and noted that he'd call back in a few days after I had reviewed my things again at home and would re-evaluate the numbers if anything changed. Very helpful. I did have a few more things so a few days later we spoke and he gave me a new estimate. I have not heard from Jeffrey since nor could I reach him directly, after numerous messages during this awful process, to talk to him about Oleg Van Lines, Inc. Along with Jeffrey disappearing, and because of my negative experience with Oleg, National Moving Group is receiving this negative review.

Oleg Van Lines, Inc.: I worked with Eric at Oleg whose professionalism is nonexistent. He came to pick up my belongings in Brooklyn on a Saturday with two additional movers, one of whom was his 15 year old son(?!?!). Once all was packed into the truck we talked about delivery timing. First, he said all my things were going to New Jersey that night to be transferred to a different truck with items for other moves along the route. That's always a concern as moving from truck to truck adds the possibility of damaging and/or losing goods. As National Moving Group rep, Jefrey **, told me the route would be an estimated 3-10 days.

Eric told me they "don't know what the heck they're talking about - they're in Florida and don't know how this works; they just get the initial move going." So, to 'help out' he said he would make sure my things would be put on a truck that Monday for a delivery to my new home in SC on Tues/Wed. "Don't worry, I got this! I've talked to the mover, it's happening!" he said. He also said he's been "doing this for almost 20 years" so he knows what he's doing. Ok. Sure.

He gave me the number to Alex, the driver of my belongings, so I could check in from time to time. I texted both Eric and Alex two days later (Monday) to check in and they said they didn't get my things on the first truck but would be loaded on the next truck in 48-72 hours. That means a later arrival and a completely different route schedule with other moves. Not promising. They said they hoped to get things to me the following Saturday/Sunday. Side note - I'm starting a new job that Monday, which they have no concern for whatsoever.

I check in a couple days later to learn that the truck broke down. I actually spoke with Alex and he said, "The truck will be ready by Monday and we'll try and get things to you that night." I pushed my new job start date until later in the week to anticipate this delivery. I write a text to both Alex and Eric and Eric writes back (verbatim), "Cross country moving involves a lot of details and yes trucks that are on the road without service results in break downs and requires repairs, it's not uncommon." What?! This is a moving company and this is what you are expected to do - trucks should be routinely serviced so breakdowns do not happen. This is what we pay you to do, to move our things safely within the expected timeline. This is a complete disregard to your own delivery expectations much less our, your client's, expectations.

Eric texts later that the truck "will be ready to leave by Tuesday or Wednesday" and an estimated ETA of Wed/Thurs. A different answer than Alex's Monday answer. I wait and on Tuesday I ask how many moves are before mine. Eric responds, "I believe 4-5." How he expected the truck to make 4-5 stops before mine between Tuesday and Wednesday is beyond me. For someone who boasts that he's been doing this for 20 years and knows what he's doing, that's crucially underestimated.

Days pass and I check in with Alex via phone on Saturday. He's in Myrtle Beach and will be at my apartment the next night (Sunday) between 5-7 pm. Yay! I call him again on Sunday at 7 pm and he's still in Myrtle Beach (thanks for the warning, Alex) but will deliver the next morning (Monday) at 7 am. I call him at 8 am Monday and he's just waking up, "oh I'm so tired. I need to wash my face." Unbelievable, yet not a surprise AT ALL. He says he'll be here at 9 am. Then changes it to 10 am. I explain that I have taken a day off of work, a job I have just started, and all I am doing is waiting for my things to show up. He showed up at 11 am.

Other than the 4 duffel bags they tried to deliver to me that weren't mine, I believe I received everything. A table had a gash on the rim and my new coffee table had two large gouges on the edge. Two large plastic bins were obliterated with memorable items hanging out the side. Half of my boxes were either semi-crushed or split open. Boxes marked 'fragile' were delivered and placed upside down. Too annoyed to file a claim so, National, no need to send me your blanket statement response to contact you during normal working hours. My advice, if you want a trustworthy mover that cares about your things, valuable or not, don't use Oleg and don't use National.

Worst move experience ever! I hired them to move my Pediatric therapy business from NYS to FLA. They are moving brokers and sub'd out the job. They were 4 days late---ran over my lease end date. Then were 1 hr late on that day of move. Right off the bat their sub-contract movers (Straight Forward Moving, Kenilworth, NJ) said, "You have to pay more for steps," and then informed me that I had more 'stuff' than expected and charged me $300 more that day. My office equipment is now being held hostage someplace unknown to me supposedly in Fla. The Fed. Motor Carriers Admin. states they have an additional 21 business days to deliver and unless they charge me double the amount it's not considered 'held hostage'! NUTS!

Since I reported National Movers to the BBB they will not talk to me or work with me and tell me to have a nice day and hang up! The NJ movers stated above are also SCAMMERS and will not release the location of the items moved! AND all these items are to work with handicapped children! ABSOLUTELY unimaginable---there is a special place for ALL of these idiots! BEWARE!

National Moving Group Company Profile