toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I would like to say a HUGE thank you to Heidi in making my move flawless and sticking to my budget! The guys from JT Express were very professional and did excellent work. I would certainly recommend them for anyone's future move!

Sadly I have to agree with all the negative reports, it's sad to say this, but it's true. We contact National and spoke with Eric & Jenna, all best friends until the contract is signed, then nothing. Still nothing. Didn't know they were a broker, until one of their movers came to the house with unsolicited advice, stating that he will move us, for a lot less than National. We contact National who then sent out VICTORY MOVING AND STORAGE. Victory showed up two days late, no word, should of been a red flag, but Zach was apologia. HELL begin after all our things were packed, and we had a empty home. The quote increased a third more, per Zach, he suggestion was to pay per cubic feet to save money. What a mistake that was. Moving across the state was hard enough, it costs us additional car rental and hotel fees due to all the delays.

Our delivery date was July 8th but didn't get it until the 14th, unaware that it was not a full load, with a lot of damage, broken one of a kind pieces. We didn't receive another additional delivery until 8/10/16. Again not all our things and was confirmed by Johnny the driver, that DJ the owner confirm that the rest of our things were in the warehouse. To this date we still have not receive our things, we also have someone else belongs, and Victory and National are aware of this.

Please check US Dot # and ICC/MC #. I believe these numbers follows the company even if they change their name regardless how many times they change it. Victory Moving and Storage is base in Florida, however their warehouse is in Vegas. Dot number 1462202 ICC/MC 552407 Please do your research, we found National here, and felt safe. Big Mistake. Do your research, then do it again. Check US Dot # & ICC/MC #'s. Get recommends about movers from your realtor. Do not be left heartbroken and with lots sleepless nights. Check and double check.

Please add your address inside your pack boxes so if someone does receive it, they can call you. Mark every box with a number, do not sign the bill of lading until all boxes are check off. Please do not let the driver pressure you into signing the bill of lading until you know you have everything. You are paying big money to get your precious things moved.

From the moment I visited their website, I knew there was something different with this relocation company. They were so prompt in answering the back question. I was using the live chat option and their technical operator was willing enough to help me out with clearing some of the doubts that I had in mind. I requested for a quote after that and what came was even more impressive. I did not think twice about seeking their which also did not take me time. The last part of it which involved the delivery of services was even handled more professionally. It was for sure something worth remembering!

The estimator from National Moving Group was very friendly and helpful. He understood that I really wanted to have a stress-free relocation and he promised me the same. He started by giving me a quite affordable quote which surprised me because the movers would do all the work for me. He even went ahead to share some tips on how to avoid heavy moving fees. The guys that came to handle my things were also great. They were industrious and remained industrious throughout the process. National Moving Group is a moving company for everybody.

My long distance move from Montgomery, AL to Newark, NJ was very intimidating just to think about. Thus, I needed the services of a proven mover and after searching online for a reliable mover, I contacted National Moving Group with a view to giving them my business. From the first interaction with these guys, I knew they were the right people to handle my things. They did not disappoint. They are very friendly people, skilled in the trade and true professionals. National Moving Group proved that they can match any challenge when it comes to transportation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Moving Group?

All of my items were handled with extreme care and got here in one piece without any damage. The movers were professional, courteous, and clean cut. The moving company could have been more forthcoming about the 48hour window for pickup and that the appointment time was not a definite but the customer service and pricing and condition of my items left me one satisfied customer. I would definitely use this company again.

National Moving are brokers. They promised and not done anything. I got stuffs after 1 month. They just handover to different company and gone from there. National Moving not there anywhere after they got payment. Do not trust this company and waste your money. I am still waiting for discount they offered for late delivery even after one year.

Jeff was my best friend and very responsive until I signed my contract. He was totally unreachable after that. Since the job was farmed out to a company over which I had no control, when I had issues with those movers, there was no one to help me troubleshoot. No one. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

In working with National Moving Group the entire staff was professional and courteous. The experience with National Moving Group was the best part of our move. While the actual moving company, which National Moving Group no longer use, was horrendous. National was there every step of the way.

Upon hiring National Moving Service for my move from Atlanta to Florida, I was told that the movers would disassemble my furniture and reassemble the furniture in the new location. Well needless to say that did not happen. They only delivered my things, they did not reassemble anything and some of my furniture was damaged. I called to complain and was told someone from customer service would contact me. I'm still waiting to hear from them. Would not recommend this company to anyone and I definitely wouldn't use them again.

I had an issue with movers from Nation Star inaccurately weighing their truck. They overcharged me over $2000 what I should have owed. I went back and forth with customer service from National Moving Group for 2 weeks. They either gave me empty promises of making things right or telling me it's not their problem. It wasn't until Alyssa answered the phone that I finally spoke to someone who listened to me and saw my frustration at being overcharged by a fraudulent moving company at Nation Star. She worked with me and fought to get as much money back for me as possible. She was awesome from start to finish and I couldn't be happier with the care she gave to this unfortunate situation. She deserves a raise.

I also pray to God that you stop contracting through Nation Star moving group so that this doesn't happen to anyone else. Any company with an F on Better Business Bureau and 1-star on Yelp should be all the red flags you need. In the end though I'm happy this situation was resolved and happy to have someone like Alyssa to take care of me.

We originally spoke to Thomas **. Through the course of conversations on his cellphone as well as his direct work line, we were led to believe when the driver comes to pick up goods, they would be leaving out en route on their multiple stops. We were told 5-7 days to drop. Pick up was 8/26/16. It now has been 33 days. If I knew it was gonna be a whenever we feel like getting your goods to you, I would have just rented a U-Haul truck and trailer and hauled everything up myself. And still save myself $3,000. If we knew that it was gonna be a whenever delivery, I would have NEVER allowed my goods to picked up.

Even better the pickup we were shaken down for more money, the "driver" looked at the inventory my wife went over in detail twice over the phone, now is not at all what the driver was wanting to haul, he then proceeded to tell us what he could haul and what he wouldn't. I had to rent a 6'x12' utility trailer and haul the remaining half of my household goods myself. It really pissed me off that I had to haul the goods they wouldn't take. I drive for a living, Owner Operator 53' lowboy, RGN and Step Deck. I travel all 48 states, Canada and Alaska. We have had a horrendous experience from the beginning at the salesman. We were given misinformation about the exact procedures of the move. We unfortunately found out after the fact. I will never recommend your company for anyone's move. It pains me because your company was used when I was stationed at Andrews Air Force base and had no issues.

There was some issue with the movement of household stuff but special thanks to Frank who helped us throughout to resolve the issue. He was always reachable over the phone and made sure that we receive our stuff at the earliest. Thanks Frank!

I was very nervous about choosing a moving company but after talking to Eric ** with National Moving Group and seeing how detailed he was in explaining the process and doing my inventory I decided to give the company a shot. The move went off smooth and without any problems whatsoever. The process was very easy and even when I had a slight change in plans and had to change the pickup date it was no problem. No additional charge or fuss. They worked with me and my individual needs and really made the move work for me and my family. Can't say enough about the customer service and the politeness of everyone I spoke with in the company. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who appreciates honesty and integrity and the best level of service. If you're not into games go with National.

I relocated this past month from Wilmington, DE down to Boca Raton, FL. My experience from the initial sales rep Thomas **, right down to customer service was AMAZING!!! The guys were helpful on pick-up and were very professional. I've NEVER moved prior to this, and I'm so thankful I got ahold of these guys!!! I would recommend National Moving Group to friends, family and anyone else making a state to state move.

As a student moving 8 states away (from NC to ME) to dental school, I decided that I would try enlisting a moving group to take care of the stress of driving up the congested highways of the northeast. My understanding was that I would arrive at my house a few days before the moving company would arrive with all my belongings. I directly worked with JP ** who assured me that my things would arrive between 4-10 days after pickup since the east coast was their "regular route". I proceeded to plan the pickup date according to what JP assured me would be a quick move. I was very optimistic that the move would be easy and taken care of professionally. Then the nightmare began:

This moving company is a CONTRACTOR. They do not move your items personally, they hire a secondary moving group (Victory moving) to do the actual work. National only sets up the move and gives the customer the quote and both companies get a cut of the profit. This makes for a VERY disorganized system when you are calling National Moving Group. I cannot tell you how many times I had to call to receive any type of information about my move. National kept promising that they would call me back with details, and they wouldn't unless I kept hounding them for information. Also, the 24-hour customer service that National Moving group boasts is only for "emergencies". When I called after hours, the receiver was outside of the office without any access to my move information and told me to call in the morning.

They will set up a quote for you that is the "worst case scenario" and have the weight values off for your itemized list. When my items were picked up and weighed I had to pay an ADDITIONAL $430 for it being 800 lbs overweight (I even personally weighed many of my items and could not understand why collectively my items were overweight). When I called National Moving group to find out how much more I would have to pay after my items were deemed "overweight" Frank couldn't even tell me a value (because Victory was actually the one charging extra). When I asked National to work with me on the pricing because of my student budget, Frank instead requested me to fill out a positive customer review ON THIS WEBSITE in order to get a measly $50 credited back to me.

Once Victory moving group picks up your things national has NO WAY of tracking your belongings. I called multiple times to locate my items and a national employee said "yeah, my job would be a lot easier if we had a GPS tracker on each truck." This is because once Victory moving group has your things, you have to call their company in order to get any information regarding the location of your belongings.

The movers give you an estimated time of arrival when they pick up your items. My mover was OVER two hours late. I had to ask my family to stay behind and sign the paperwork because I was called into work. The movers could barely speak English! My father was trying to ask questions about the contract that he was about to sign, and the mover could not respond well enough to explain what was going on.

Which leads me to this next point. There are discrepancies between the contracts with each moving group! National moving group promises the first 21 stairs along with the first 75 feet to the house without any additional costs for moving and handling. Victory moving charged me an extra $75 for moving my items past 7 stairs (which they considered a flight). This was supposedly outlined in the contract my father signed at pickup that wasn't explained to him! I tried to contend with them about this and they refused to move anything out of the truck unless I paid them.

In addition to all of this, my items took OVER 2 weeks to arrive after pick up. In fact, Victory moving had my items taken down to Atlanta to be stored until it would be convenient and cost efficient for them to move my items up to Maine even though the east coast was said to be the "regular route". Because of this I had to sleep on an air mattress for a week and a half.

Not only that, but there is a discrepancy between the number of days the two companies guarantee delivery. National moving group guarantees 21 business days (which JP failed to ever mention to me when I was signing the contract). Victory has an even longer time frame of 30 business days. I was apparently lucky to get my things after two weeks.

Victory Moving was also very difficult to work with. I contacted DJ and had to badger him to put my items on the next truck up the northeast. Also, DJ would not work with me on a time for delivery. I basically begged Victory to at least have their movers arrive after 5:30 (Because in dental school I have class from 8-5). They told me that they were arriving when they wanted to, and if they had to wait for me they would charge me an extra $79 for each hour they had to wait. I had to ask a friend to be on standby for when they arrived.

My overall experience was EXTREMELY dissatisfying. I had an ungodly amount of stress tacked on to the stress of starting a healthcare professional school. Both moving companies were very unprofessional, and I ended up paying $500 more than the original quoting price. I wrote this long detailed review in hopes that I can prevent another person from falling trap to this nonsense. I hope sharing my story helps you decide to not move with this company.

National Moving Group was a true disappointment. They contract out different movers to do the actual moves and Oleg Van Lines, Inc moved my things. Not dependable, not reliable, not truthful. I have moved 14 times in the last 17 years and this is THE WORST company I've ever worked with. That's the short answer.

Long answer: For National Moving Group's benefit, I would review Oleg's performance and their website's customer reviews as they are all negative. I would eliminate them from your manpower workflow as they are giving National an even worse name. I found National Moving Group on the Consumer Affairs website, going through the 'which mover is best for you' survey.

I called and spoke with Jeffrey ** who was very helpful in going through all the items I had to be moved. He gave me a quote and noted that he'd call back in a few days after I had reviewed my things again at home and would re-evaluate the numbers if anything changed. Very helpful. I did have a few more things so a few days later we spoke and he gave me a new estimate. I have not heard from Jeffrey since nor could I reach him directly, after numerous messages during this awful process, to talk to him about Oleg Van Lines, Inc. Along with Jeffrey disappearing, and because of my negative experience with Oleg, National Moving Group is receiving this negative review.

Oleg Van Lines, Inc.: I worked with Eric at Oleg whose professionalism is nonexistent. He came to pick up my belongings in Brooklyn on a Saturday with two additional movers, one of whom was his 15 year old son(?!?!). Once all was packed into the truck we talked about delivery timing. First, he said all my things were going to New Jersey that night to be transferred to a different truck with items for other moves along the route. That's always a concern as moving from truck to truck adds the possibility of damaging and/or losing goods. As National Moving Group rep, Jefrey **, told me the route would be an estimated 3-10 days.

Eric told me they "don't know what the heck they're talking about - they're in Florida and don't know how this works; they just get the initial move going." So, to 'help out' he said he would make sure my things would be put on a truck that Monday for a delivery to my new home in SC on Tues/Wed. "Don't worry, I got this! I've talked to the mover, it's happening!" he said. He also said he's been "doing this for almost 20 years" so he knows what he's doing. Ok. Sure.

He gave me the number to Alex, the driver of my belongings, so I could check in from time to time. I texted both Eric and Alex two days later (Monday) to check in and they said they didn't get my things on the first truck but would be loaded on the next truck in 48-72 hours. That means a later arrival and a completely different route schedule with other moves. Not promising. They said they hoped to get things to me the following Saturday/Sunday. Side note - I'm starting a new job that Monday, which they have no concern for whatsoever.

I check in a couple days later to learn that the truck broke down. I actually spoke with Alex and he said, "The truck will be ready by Monday and we'll try and get things to you that night." I pushed my new job start date until later in the week to anticipate this delivery. I write a text to both Alex and Eric and Eric writes back (verbatim), "Cross country moving involves a lot of details and yes trucks that are on the road without service results in break downs and requires repairs, it's not uncommon." What?! This is a moving company and this is what you are expected to do - trucks should be routinely serviced so breakdowns do not happen. This is what we pay you to do, to move our things safely within the expected timeline. This is a complete disregard to your own delivery expectations much less our, your client's, expectations.

Eric texts later that the truck "will be ready to leave by Tuesday or Wednesday" and an estimated ETA of Wed/Thurs. A different answer than Alex's Monday answer. I wait and on Tuesday I ask how many moves are before mine. Eric responds, "I believe 4-5." How he expected the truck to make 4-5 stops before mine between Tuesday and Wednesday is beyond me. For someone who boasts that he's been doing this for 20 years and knows what he's doing, that's crucially underestimated.

Days pass and I check in with Alex via phone on Saturday. He's in Myrtle Beach and will be at my apartment the next night (Sunday) between 5-7 pm. Yay! I call him again on Sunday at 7 pm and he's still in Myrtle Beach (thanks for the warning, Alex) but will deliver the next morning (Monday) at 7 am. I call him at 8 am Monday and he's just waking up, "oh I'm so tired. I need to wash my face." Unbelievable, yet not a surprise AT ALL. He says he'll be here at 9 am. Then changes it to 10 am. I explain that I have taken a day off of work, a job I have just started, and all I am doing is waiting for my things to show up. He showed up at 11 am.

Other than the 4 duffel bags they tried to deliver to me that weren't mine, I believe I received everything. A table had a gash on the rim and my new coffee table had two large gouges on the edge. Two large plastic bins were obliterated with memorable items hanging out the side. Half of my boxes were either semi-crushed or split open. Boxes marked 'fragile' were delivered and placed upside down. Too annoyed to file a claim so, National, no need to send me your blanket statement response to contact you during normal working hours. My advice, if you want a trustworthy mover that cares about your things, valuable or not, don't use Oleg and don't use National.

Worst move experience ever! I hired them to move my Pediatric therapy business from NYS to FLA. They are moving brokers and sub'd out the job. They were 4 days late---ran over my lease end date. Then were 1 hr late on that day of move. Right off the bat their sub-contract movers (Straight Forward Moving, Kenilworth, NJ) said, "You have to pay more for steps," and then informed me that I had more 'stuff' than expected and charged me $300 more that day. My office equipment is now being held hostage someplace unknown to me supposedly in Fla. The Fed. Motor Carriers Admin. states they have an additional 21 business days to deliver and unless they charge me double the amount it's not considered 'held hostage'! NUTS!

Since I reported National Movers to the BBB they will not talk to me or work with me and tell me to have a nice day and hang up! The NJ movers stated above are also SCAMMERS and will not release the location of the items moved! AND all these items are to work with handicapped children! ABSOLUTELY unimaginable---there is a special place for ALL of these idiots! BEWARE!

At the very beginning to the end, everything was just about horrible until Alyssa. I felt like no one was giving me the time to explain the crappy situation. I hope you give her a raise or something for handling this situation so properly.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Very displeased with the handling of my move. I was deceived, lied to and fed false information not to mention some of my belongings were left behind. However, if it had not been for Alyssa ** and her compassion, professionalism and working hard to help my situation get resolved it could have turned out far worse. She is truly an asset to the company and we are thankful. However, in good conscience I would not recommend the company to anyone. Thank you Alyssa ** for truly resolving my issues.

It was the most pleasurable moving I have ever had. All the team members from the top down were respectful, courteous, understanding. I cannot recommend all of them enough. All I can say at this point in time is thank you, thank you and more thank you's.

Ripoff company. They offered me a very low price, and even I had much less stuff than initially they raised the price. They sent me truck from EZ Movers, but when driver raised the price they refused to negotiate it, even in their policy says they have to help with price negotiations. They took 1,500 on top of EZ Movers charge. When I asked "why you took this money," it no answer. What is their participation in the process, they just found a client for EZ Movers. Plus, my furniture had multiple damages after this moving service, but no refund. I would not recommend anyone this business, only to my enemies.

When I called to arrange my move, all was perfect, representative was so responsive and helpful that I got lured in. Set up a delivery date two weeks from the pickup date to guarantee this exact day. All was well. I was very detailed and conservative on the online inventory estimation to have as few surprises as possible. And then the pickup date came... Movers gave me almost the double sq footage of what I was quoted for. I had nothing to do but pay this ransom... But then as the delivery date was approaching, I found out that my stuff is still at destination and will arrive about a week after initially agreed. I had numerous conversations with customer service and was basically told to plea to the moving company directly because there was nothing they could do. Fantastic...

And then when I flexed a muscle and said it would be reflected in my review, the woman from customer service basically cursed and hang up the phone. Few days later I got to talk to her supervisor who was nice and sympathetic but nothing changed in the state of the matters – my things were still 1000 miles away. By the end of our conversation this lady said "Now I'm going to send you a review link and if you give us 5 stars, then I'm going to refund you $50 for your inconvenience." So bribing for a review – that's a good one... Wonder if I will be refunded after I give my HONEST opinion...

Moved a family of 5 from Cali to FL. Shockingly nothing was lost or broken. Customer service was a 10.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Aug. 3, 2016

There was a misunderstanding as to the type of cargo that could be moved through National Moving Group. Frank did a great job of resolving our problem and refunding our full deposit of $609.95 (Pending)... Thanks!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

We had a big misunderstanding over the type of cargo we needed to move, but after much discussion, Frank the Sales Manager refunded our deposit in full...

The long distance move which I booked with National Moving Group turned out to be a week long nightmare. My agent Erik ** was wonderful until things started going wrong, then he would not answer my calls for help. Elizabeth and Tami in customer service were worthless, rude, and unprofessional. My move was scheduled between 9am and noon. The outsourced movers, Super Movers & Storage, finally showed up at 8:45pm! The driver, Mohammad, complained from the beginning that the estimate was underweight. One thing Erik assured me of was that there would be no problem with the estimate because things even out. By 11:30 pm with the truck loaded I'm signing under duress for an additional $1093 to get them out of my house. No one can be reached at National even though they assure you of after hours assistance if there are problems.

At delivery Mohammad was demanding cash instead of money order. He threatened to take our furniture to storage and charge us for storage because my husband was questioning the weight difference which was thousands of lbs. different from the estimate. He won, but I finally got my furniture! My furniture was damaged, a lamp is missing, a steel door was scraped and gouged by them forcing the legs of a sofa through it. I had to borrow tools from a neighbor at 10pm because they had no tools with them to disassemble the bed and mirror which was part of the contract. This is the short version of the complaint I have filed with the Better Business Bureau on both companies. No one should ever have to go through what we did with all the promises made at signing. Tell everyone you know to avoid these two companies so you won't live the nightmare we did!!!

I received my household stuff yesterday and I have lots of valuable item missing. Moving from Sunnyvale to Wisconsin. I tried to call the manager from Best Moving and he is behaving rudely and using abusing language. He is also saying he is not going to approve my claims. Please let me know how to deal with this. This is not the kind of customer satisfaction I accepted from National Moving Group. Please let me know how to follow up on this. Thanks.

Updated 8/15/2016 - This is regarding my Claim number. These were the items which I had found missing/Stolen from my luggage when I received the delivery. And after your verification, I am receiving only 67$. I did not expect this type of customer satisfaction from you. I have gone through lot of mental pressure during these days. I am really disappointed from your service. And I will not advise anybody to use National Moving Group.

I had an issue that Cami was able to work out for me in a very timely fashion and to my satisfaction. I greatly appreciate her intervention in my case.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: July 22, 2016

This was an incredibly stressful experience for us, but Tami was amazing. She helped us fix issues, fought for us, followed up with us and I will say again that I wish I could give her a hug! She saved the day!

Original review: July 15, 2016

Will never use National again. Worst experience with a company ever. The ONLY positive was Tami in customer service. She was amazing. She was so kind and helpful, and fought for us when no one else would. I would give her a big hug if I could!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

I am so grateful that I got the privilege of working with Tammy. Without a doubt she is one of the best agents I've ever had to deal with, caring and compassionate is what she is all about. Without her I would of given up and taken a loss... Thank you. P.S. Because of Tammy you got the set of 5 stars.

National Moving Group Company Profile