4.60/5
  • 1 star
Based on 5 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: July 14, 2017

5 1-800-PACK-RAT Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: July 14, 2017

I like that they were informative and patient. The delivery and pick up of the containers was on time. The driver and customer service were very courteous. They were honest and extremely helpful throughout the whole process and answered all the question professionally. The help made the move a breeze. Even the driver was patient when problem arised since I forgot about the height of the tree, but the driver took time to figure it out. It was positive from the beginning to end of the move.

Original review: July 13, 2017

1-800-PACK-RAT has very good customer service and very helpful through the whole process even when you were done. Their customer service is the best. The process was very easy and fast and they are there every single minute. I thought it was going to be hard and cost a lot of money but it was not. Very reasonable. I like the services and they make sure you are happy and do not need help with anything else. I love how they treat you like family and are there to answer any questions or help with.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 9, 2017

The container was picked up and moved by a friendly driver. Everything in the container was intact and nothing was missing. They were very understanding. I’ve only ordered one container, didn’t realize that it was not enough but they made accommodations by sending me the second one the same day. Easy to move since you get to load your containers at your own pace at your home. However, I had some issues with them getting the right size container, so I would double check and order a few days ahead just to make sure they have the right one and it’s available.

Also, I had to double check the dates a few times before the pod was delivered to ensure that they had the right dates. You can’t schedule the time the day before, but must wait for the driver to call you that morning of the day of delivery. I had to correct the dates, but everyone makes mistakes so I would just suggest double checking a week in advance. The move went smoothly and everything was intacted and nothing missing. You get to load the pods in front of your home so that made it easy. Overall PackRat was good and it was a good moving experience for the price and will use again.

Original review: July 8, 2017

1-800-PACK-RAT is a brand I trust and I am willing to pay more for. It is available everywhere and I feel good about giving to my family. It sufficiently protected the floor from further damage, which I learned from a truck driver does sometimes occur when the containers are moved around improperly with forklifts at some Lowe's store locations that partner up with PackRat. I liked looking for a specific brand of product(s), liked the availability of product warranty services, and is an expert on porcelain products. It also offers exceptional customer service when needed. It's a brand that supports my community and distinct from other brands in this category. I also like it when people see that I own products of this brand and is widely recommended. However, I dislike the ability to use and/or participate in loyalty program.

Original review: July 3, 2017

Moving is stressful to begin with but 1-800-PACK-RAT took some of this away. They were very accommodating and everyone was helpful from the first contact to delivery. The drivers who did the initial delivery were the most awesome, incredible drivers ever. It was probably the most technically difficult delivery they had ever done, and they did it well. We were so impressed. The customer service was also great - no long holds on the phone. All the reps were accommodating. 1-800-PACK-RAT beat the competitor's price when I told the rep what quote I had received from someone else.

However, I paid for my unit thru the first of November, $251.00... and then had to pay $32.00 for you to deliver unit on October 11, 2016 so as I could empty it... then had to pay another $70.00 for you to pick it up empty on October 13, 2016. I will receive no refund on my partial monthly rental payment and I am very dissatisfied with this. But, it was a great experience! I would highly recommend 1-800-PACK-RAT to anyone packing their own items, and would use them again myself.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-PACK-RAT?

1-800-PACK-RAT expert review by ConsumerAffairs

1-800-PACK-RAT is a portable storage and moving company capable of local and long distance moving. It is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland.

• Moving needs: 1-800-PACK-RAT offers local, long distance and military moving. They offer 8-foot, 12-foot and 16-foot containers depending on the consumer’s needs. Consumers can pack at their own pace or consult with a professional laborer.

• Security: A no-cut security lock is provided as well as $10,000 in content protection for free. The consumer may purchase other content protection plans as well.

• Storage solutions: All containers are weatherproof to help prevent mold and mildew making them great for seasonal storage. Storage facilities are monitored 24/7 and are climate controlled.

• Military moving: For military members choosing a do-it-yourself move or personally procured move (PPM), 1-800-PACK-RAT will provide empty and full PPM weight tickets. The government will reimburse 95 percent of the cost for a PPM move.

• Service areas: 1-800-PACK-RAT has locations in the United States and Canada. Consumers can go online to view a full list of cities. Each facility provides moving and storage services within approximately 50-100 miles of that facilities location.

• Best for: Consumers looking for local, long distance and military moves as well as business and residential storage needs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs