2. Finance

Patriot Gold

Patriot Gold
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.97/5

Patriot Gold Group was the brainstorm of three Senior Executives at the largest Retail Precious Metals Firms nationwide. The Senior Partners at Patriot Gold Group recognized a fundamental flaw in their industry: with the multiple layers of compensation and thought, why not forego the corner offices, sit in cubicles on a trading floor and work directly with their clients? Patriot has over 3 decades of experience and is the only firm where you, the client, work directly with the owners of the firm. Unparalleled experience and commitment one can only get in working directly with an owner is what truly sets Patriot Gold Group apart for all the other firms in the industry. We offer Gold IRA, Silver, IRA and gold, silver, platinum and palladium coins and bars for home delivery. Mention ConsumerAffairs and receive a FREE Silver American Eagle with you first purchase.

PGG has become an industry leader in the Precious Metals marketplace. They provide competitive pricing on Gold, Silver, Platinum and Palladium. Their minority and majority investors will work directly with you so you get more old and silver for your dollar. Our team at Patriot has over 3 decades of experience to assist you in achieving the financial security you’re looking for. Call Patriot Gold today to learn more!

BOTTOM LINE

Patriot Gold Group is an experienced dealer that serves its customers by offering direct working relationships with owners, setting up new accounts within 24 hours and providing no-fee gold and silver IRA accounts.

PROS

• No-fee IRA accounts
  • Helps customers diversify portfolio
  • 24-hour turnaround for new accounts

CONS

• Investments limited to certain metals

Top Patriot Gold Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Patriot Gold Group?

I can’t say enough about Patriot Gold Group, the service and pricing is amazing. Never pushy and full of knowledge that helped me understand the importance of diversifying with gold and silver. I’m so happy with my acquisition and service.

Patriot Gold Group has done a fantastic job in taking care of my investments. I was treated professionally and I was not charged those extravagant premium prices. I have already e-mailed and called Patriot several times and I always get an immediate response.

Patriot Gold Learn More

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

What does Patriot Gold Group do?

Patriot Gold Group is a precious metals dealer that offers a collection of coins and bars, plus self-directed precious metals IRAs. Patriot Gold Group's clients have a direct working relationship with the company's owners, which eliminates multiple layers of shareholder compensation and helps secure the most competitive price on gold and silver.

What are the products and services offered by Patriot Gold Group?

Patriot Gold Group offers gold, silver, platinum and palladium coins and bars. The company also provides precious metals IRA accounts. The company has more than 25 gold and silver coin options, including the ones below:

GOLD AMERICAN EAGLE BULLION
  • 91.67% 22K pure gold
  • No artificial colors
  • Features Lady Liberty and design on reverse
MINT-PROOF SILVER AMERICAN EAGLE, 1 OZ.
  • One ounce of .999 silver
  • Minted at West Point Mint
GOLD MAPLE LEAF
  • Contains one ounce of .999 gold
  • Considered one of the most beautiful coins by investors and collectors

The gold and silver coins available through Patriot Gold Group include rare offerings that help diversify your portfolio, such as the U.S. Mint Liberty Gold Double Eagle coin.

According to the Patriot Gold Group, gold and silver have outperformed the Dow Jones industrial average over the last 12 years, which makes purchasing precious metals a sound alternative for portfolio diversification. Gold is protected against inflation, so investors can expect it to maintain or increase its value over time.

What benefits are available for opening an IRA with Patriot Gold Group?

All of Patriot Gold Group’s precious metals IRA accounts are self-directed, which gives customers freedom and flexibility. Opening an IRA with Patriot Gold Group has several benefits:

• No fees for life for all new IRA accounts
  • Provides control, growth and security by protecting you from weak-performing assets and balancing your portfolio
  • Application can be completed online, though consumers can call the company to speak with a Patriot Gold Group representative to learn more about the process
  • Consumers receive up to $2,500 free in gold and silver coins for new IRA accounts
  • Patriot Gold Group’s staff helps you transfer or roll over a previous IRA account

What kind of experience do the Patriot Gold Group representatives have?

Patriot Gold Group’s team of senior partners, portfolio managers and retirement specialists have extensive backgrounds and expertise in economic discrepancies, macroeconomics, currencies, global markets, venture capital, IRA diversification and long-term retirement accounts. This experience qualifies the company’s representatives to provide premium investment knowledge and proven market research to Patriot Gold Group customers.

Do we recommend Patriot Gold Group?

For consumers who want a hands-off approach to precious metals investing or prefer digital communication, Patriot Gold Group is a great choice. From its website, consumers can purchase gold and silver coins and bars, apply for a precious metals IRA, request an investor kit, review market charts and chat with Patriot Gold Group representatives.

Patriot Gold Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Patriot Gold?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Patriot Gold Group?

Original review: April 23, 2020

I had been considering the option of a metals based IRA for over a year. An old friend who was considering the same option advised me that he had recently completed extensive research and selected Patriot Gold Group from three finalists. We met to share and compare our research and after his recommendation, I researched Patriot further. After finding so much positive information, I decided to go with them as well. We successfully completed our first transaction in March this year. Patriot took care of all the heavy lifting and the entire operation was seamless. Knowing they were on top of the situation really took all the anxiety out of the process for me. I would consider myself a novice in the precious metals marketplace, which only serves to further spotlight the excellent service and professionalism provided by Liz **, Charley ** and Michael ** through the entire process.

As you can imagine, when I was researching the precious metals option, I came across a significant level of negative information from consumers who shared disappointing experiences with other companies that I was looking at. I found no such negative information on Patriot by the way. That is because they have a great reputation - they've obviously earned it. I'm happy to say that I was not only pleasantly surprised by my experience with Patriot, but they actually exceeded my expectations. Having spent the last thirty five years doing business in the marketplace has forced me to develop an acute sense of character in people. I can tell you that in my estimation, the folks and Patriot Gold Group are good people and I look forward to working with them for many years to come.

Patriot Gold response

Thank you for the kind words and the great amount of research that you did about our company. We believe in treating our customers fairly and it shows!

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 3, 2020

I went with Patriot Gold because I hadn't experienced their level of customer service in a very long time! I'm in my mid 50s and remember when the gas station man at Chevron checked your oil and washed your windshield. That is the kind of overall service you will receive with Patriot Gold; personal and complete. The main representative I worked with was John F. and when it came time to finish off the transaction Michael C. worked with me. I can't extend enough positive accolades to John. He is such a nice gentleman and knowledgeable in his field. If there was a question he couldn't answer for me, he talked to Michael C. and got back to me right away.

I has been experiencing some health issues and it took a couple of months for me to complete the transaction. John was very pleasant, walking me through each step because my concentration was off. By the time we were finished, I liked John so much, that I've given he and his family an open invitation to come visit my family in the country in Northern CA. Michael C. was just as amazing. He walked me through each part of the process. I am not exactly the most computer literate person in the world. Michael had the patience of a saint! It's great, too, that you get the first year's fees waived. That would not have been the reason I went with Patriot Gold. It was their customer service. I don't recall the last time I gave a rating of five stars, but in this case it is well deserved. I look forward to working with Patriot Gold and I know if you go with this company to invest, you will also.

Patriot Gold response

What an accurate way to describe what it is like working with us! Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

From the beginning there was no pressure to do anything. Every question was answered thoughtfully and thoroughly. No question was too small nor too redundant. Patriot Gold Group has stellar online reviews and rated one of the best companies to work with. Their offer for free storage fees is huge. Most competitive companies charge $200-$300 a year or more for metals storage. I had very little left after the market crash of 2008. Michael helped me cull various small IRA's and 401k's together into one portfolio. They did all the legwork for me making it not only easy but they also absorbed all the fees my current plans wanted to charge me to exit them. Nothing was too small for PGG to handle for me.

It was nice 'having people to make it all simple.' And to monitor that it all got invested properly into my new account. This was especially helpful during the stressful holidays where it would be easy to miss a step or two without their help. And I benefited from their large industrial purchases which a smaller investor like myself would never be able to do otherwise. I now rest easy knowing that my assets are safe, protected and so is my retirement. And while they will not give you 'investment advice' they will help you understand the choices you can make including the pros and cons. That was more than sufficient for me to make solid decisions about which hard assets to invest in. PGG just made the path and process easy!

Patriot Gold response

Kamala we know that so many lost in the last recession, we are happy that we were able to help you rebuild through precious metals.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

After retirement, selling my California home, and moving to Arizona, I found myself with extra money in my savings account. I already have multiple retirement accounts so I was looking for an alternative place to locate some of my extra money that might net more than the pittance percentage paid into a bank account. I also don’t like the risks for stocks and bonds right now…

I have seen and heard advertisements for Patriot Gold Group recently so I decided to contact them. Mike was very friendly and knowledgeable. We initially missed each other but connected over the phone within an acceptable timeframe. Right out of the gate I advised him I needed background information on investing in gold and silver as I had never done it before. He was patient and thorough providing all the background I needed to make decisions about the types of investment instruments I wanted.

Having made up my mind what to buy, my initial purchase included 1175 silver coins and 30 gold coins. I also elected to have them hold all but two of the coins for me. I had them ship one of each just for verification and to see what I had purchased. I have to say, Mike helped all the way with the purchase and follow up. With his excellent help, the whole process (start to finish) was quick, interesting, and painless. I will look forward to my next interactions with the Patriot Gold Group when I am ready to buy, or sell, again.

Patriot Gold response

Everett we are happy to help guide you now and in the future.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

After watching Adapt2030 on YouTube, the channel promoted Patriot Gold Group as a way of putting your retirement into a safe physical metal where it is stored until the time it becomes s redeemed. Jack contacted me by phone and set up a time that afternoon that worked best for both of us. By the time the afternoon rolled around it no longer worked for me and Jack rolled with my schedule and we connected at another time. He sent material for me to review and we talked the possibility and since I had been looking for exactly this type of investment for years, I wanted time to vet them and only found great reviews and nothing that sent red flags.

I called Charley back and took care of the necessary paperwork. Together we called my former IRA and very quickly moved assets. Once the money was received, I was able to make the investment into silver which is historically undervalued. The timing of this was great and their help was invaluable and the experience was seamless and without trouble. If you are interested in owning physical gold or silver in an IRA, then I would highly recommend Patriot Gold Group to assist you in your quest. Thank you for your help and continued support!

Pastor John

Patriot Gold response

John there is nothing more important to us then our customers. We know schedules can change at the drop of a hat. We will always work with you to make the process seamless.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

Ron ** and Micheal ** are TOP NOTCH. They guided me through every step and were able to make me feel confident in their knowledge and skill... The folks at PATRIOT are definitely worth investing in.. KUDOS! Will definitely recommend this group of PROFESSIONALS.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

All the activity on the part of Patriot in setting up the transaction were great. I can't suggest any improvements on your part. Everyone that worked with me was absolutely friendly, caring and professional. I look forward to a long and lasting relationship.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

Our experience with Patriot Gold was nothing short of professional. We are first time gold buyers and had many questions. Our questions were well received and thoroughly answered. Since we were rolling an IRA into a precious metals IRA we were initially a little nervous. However, after all was done, we are more than happy with the service.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I transferred a portion of my IRA to the Patriot Gold Group. I researched numerous other companies and found the Patriot Gold Group to be the best to meet my requirements and expectations. My point of contact there is Andy **, a veteran as am I, so we established a trustworthy bond which made me a lot more comfortable moving a relatively large amount of money over to a combination of a gold and silver IRA. Colonel John

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I needed to sell quickly to close the sale of my new house. They were able to pick up the coins and get the money to my bank account quickly! Always double check address! The pick up address was off by 1 number and we didn't catch it in time and sat around all day waiting for the pick up. Other than that everything was great.

Patriot Gold Company Information