5.0/5 (128 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Vincent Landino

About Patriot Gold Group

Patriot Gold Group offers precious metals IRAs as well as gold and silver coins and bars, which are available for home delivery. There are no fees for life on qualifying IRAs, and retirement accounts can be set up in a day. Patriot Gold Group also offers precious metals storage in different parts of the country, though it doesn’t disclose the full list.

Pros

• No-fee-for-life program
    • 24-hour turnaround for new accounts
    • Multiple storage options

Cons

• Only deals in gold and silver
    • No online purchases

Bottom Line

Patriot Gold Group can help you invest in gold and silver. Its product offerings are somewhat limited because it doesn’t offer platinum or palladium, but its no-fees-for-life option should be a draw for larger investors.

Top Patriot Gold Group Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

This is my first experience with precious metals, and it has been great! ... I have had many questions and concerns and he always take the time to help me understand and feel comf...

Verified

Creating a precious metals IRA was a smooth and easy experience. Everyone I worked with was helpful, knowledgeable, and provided excellent assistance. I highly recommend Patriot G...

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

What does Patriot Gold Group do?

Patriot Gold Group is a precious metals dealer that offers a collection of gold and silver coins and bars, plus self-directed precious metals IRAs. It lets clients have a direct working relationship with one of the company's owners, and it can set up new IRAs in as little as 24 hours.

Patriot Gold Group products and services

Patriot Gold Group sells gold and silver coins and bars that you can have delivered to your home or invested in a precious metal IRA. There are also references to platinum and palladium on the company’s website, though it doesn’t seem to offer any products in these metals at the time of publishing.

More than 25 gold and silver coin options are available from Patriot Gold Group, including bullion coins, private coins, proof coins and IRA-eligible coins. The IRS has purity requirements for any precious metals held in an IRA, so only approved products can be used to take advantage of an IRA’s tax benefits.

Patriot Gold Group benefits

Opening an IRA with Patriot Gold Group has several potential benefits:

• There are no fees for life on qualifying IRAs. That means the company reimburses rollover, storage and insurance fees on accounts of a certain size.
    • Applications can be completed online, though you can also call to speak with a Patriot Gold Group representative to learn more about the process.
    • While purchases aren’t available online, you can add gold and silver products to a quote tool on Patriot’s website to simplify the process.

Patriot Gold Group costs

Patriot Gold doesn’t list prices online for its gold and silver products. You have to call, email or chat online with a representative to find out the current value of each coin or bar.

The company doesn’t detail its IRA fees online, but accounts below the no-fees-for-life limit have to pay for rollovers, storage and insurance every year. There is also a minimum investment requirement of $25,000.

Patriot Gold Group FAQ

What metals does Patriot Gold Group offer?

It sells gold and silver.

Where does Patriot Gold Group store my precious metals?

Patriot says your metals are shipped and stored to one of several available depositories in the U.S. It cites Brink's Global Services and the Delaware Depository as popular choices, but it doesn’t detail the full list.

How long does it take to set up an IRA with Patriot Gold Group?

Patriot sets up new accounts in 24 hours. One of its IRA specialists can help you fill out the needed paperwork.

Do we recommend Patriot Gold Group?

Patriot Gold Group is a good option for people looking to invest in gold and silver, especially if you’re planning for retirement. It can help you purchase gold and silver coins and bars, set up a self-directed IRA and learn about investing in precious metals. It doesn’t offer platinum or palladium products, but if you’re an investor with a high net worth, its no-fees-for-life option is a significant benefit.

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Patriot Gold Group?

Original review: March 14, 2022

I worked for nearly 40 years as a scientist and as a result I am meticulous in following current events from only verifiable news sources with impeccable credentials. This led me to seek other avenues for my retirement income which included investments in Traditional IRA's. Accordingly I conducted extensive research on top rated firms specializing in both Cryptocurrency and Precious Metals IRA's. After numerous phone calls, emails and careful consideration I contacted Patriot Gold Group. This has proved to be one of the best financial decisions I have ever made.

All of the employees of Patriot Gold Group are courteous, knowledgeable and excellent in the customer service they provide. My primary point of contact was Elizabeth ** and I could not have found a more outstanding professional to guide through this very significant financial investment. Ms. ** immediately put me at ease with her confidence, experience and affable demeanor. She made herself readily available to field my questions, with prompt replies to facilitate rollover of funds from two different IRA's - a Traditional IRA and a Deferred Compensation Fund. I feel extremely confident in my decision to work with Patriot Gold Group and am grateful to them for the honest, professional and courteous manner in which they conduct business. Elizabeth ** and all my contacts at Patriot Gold Group truly offer a Five Star service and I would highly recommend them to anyone seeking to make investments in Precious Metals.

Patriot Gold Group response

We are thankful that you took the time to investigate our company and were able to see that we are dedicated to providing excellence to our customers.

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

I initially started my Precious Metal IRA with another well known company. What I experienced with your competitor was horrific and shocking. Due to their lack of business integrity I quickly revoked them from my Equity account. That was when I had the distinct pleasure of talking to Kristen ** at Patriot Gold Group. I could immediately tell by talking to her that she was a person of integrity and high moral business ethics. Kristen patiently answered my many questions honestly, clearly and with total competence. There is no doubt in my mind that Kristen ** and Patriot Gold Group are the representative and company that I wanted to do long term business with. I am pleased with the price and with the way that the business transaction was handled. I would highly recommend doing business with Kristen and Patriot Gold Group.

Patriot Gold Group response

Linda, we are so sorry that you had a bad experience with another company. We are excited that you found us and have had a great experience.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

We could not be happier with the service we received from Patriot Gold Group! We made a big mistake with one of the other gold companies, once they got our money, they sent us an email telling us it would be 12 years, I said 12 weeks before our gold would even be shipped. We were not happy at all; they were earning interest on our investment and we were at their mercy (or so we thought). Once we wrote a legal letter canceling our order, they did refund us in full but it took two weeks on top of the three weeks we had already waited.

We then called a few other companies and that is where we met Andy **. He was so knowledgeable and kind we hit it off right away. There were no sales pitches whatsoever, we were human beings to him and he truly wanted to help us invest properly unlike the other company that acted like used car sales persons. Everything Andy said as far as price, quick shipping time, value for our money was honest and on the mark. We highly recommend Patriot Gold and Andy ** if you have questions and want honest answers about investing in gold.

Patriot Gold Group response

Five-star service is our standard!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

I just want to say what a pleasure it is to deal with Patriot and Liz **. To place an order- the decisions are mine and mine alone, but the life experiences of Liz in this area show her wisdom and acumen. In contrast, I got a call last night at 7:30 PM from a competing metals group who would not let me politely get off the phone. The competing group strongly pressured me to place an order recommending a specific $ amount to just get started with them- they not having a clue as to my personal finances. There is no pressure to order from Patriot and as a matter of fact I have called Liz more often resulting in no transaction than I have called with specific orders resulting in a transaction.. i eventually just hung up on the competing group.

Patriot Gold Group response

We allow you to make your own decisions here at Patriot Gold Group!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

After watching Dick Morris in a Patriot Gold ad on NewsMax, I called the number on the screen. Spoke with Ron **. He made me feel comfortable right off the bat. Explained how it works when buying Gold or Silver. Ron sent me some very informative emails and explained how the entire process works. Then he had me talk to Frank **, who got into the money transaction part of the deal. We settled on the amount of money for the amount of silver. Super nice guy! Next was transferring money from Ameritrade! I had trouble with filling out the form, the girl at Ameritrade was so patient. Then Ron stepped in for the rescue, and made it easy for us to complete the transaction. I received the silver even before the estimated time of delivery. Ron and Frank both were so awesome and professional. I would deal with them again anytime.

Patriot Gold Group response

We enjoy walking our clients through the process every step of the way!

Original review: June 16, 2022

I have invested twice with Patriot Gold and I am a repeat customer for a reason. Jack ** is fantastic. He explained everything about our choices in investing in gold and silver. He followed up promptly and kept us informed. Even after I made a mistake, he called and was understanding and helpful in getting everything straightened out.

Patriot Gold Group response

We are elated that you had a wonderful experience with Jack and our team at Patriot Gold Group.

Original review: June 10, 2022

Patriot Gold was very helpful in explaining the best options for our IRA roller to a gold and silver portfolio. They were very quick to call us back with any questions or concerns we had. It was a great experience for us. 5+ Stars.

Patriot Gold Group response

Troy, thank you for your business!

Original review: June 8, 2022

Hello Patroit Team:

Mr. **, is most definitely on top of the eight ball, in my opinion.

1. I was able to trust him, with my very 1st transaction and he was good on his word. I didn’t have a lot of funds, what I had was it.
      2. The process was just as he stated.

3. Several years later he was still at it. One brief phone call and my numbers doubled.

Patriot Gold Group response

We are so happy that your experience went well!

Original review: June 8, 2022

I had an enjoyable and informative conversation with both Frank ** and Ron **. Will contact them again if I decide to add more precious metals to my portfolio. Ron gave me information that helped me make a decision on what I wanted to purchase within my dollar value.

Patriot Gold Group response

We look forward to being here if and when the time comes for you to purchase additional metals.

Original review: June 4, 2022

My experience with Patriot Gold Group was great. The service I received was prompt and the transactions were timely and secure. My questions were answered and I felt confident in the process. I would definitely trust them with future transactions.

Patriot Gold Group response

Thank you for trusting us with your business.

Patriot Gold Group Company Information