2. Finance

Patriot Gold

Patriot Gold
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.99/5

Patriot Gold Group offers precious metals IRAs as well as gold, silver, platinum and palladium coins and bars available for home delivery. The company has more than three decades of experience. Mention ConsumerAffairs and receive free shipping on your first order.

BOTTOM LINE

Patriot Gold Group is an experienced dealer that serves its customers by offering direct working relationships with owners, setting up new accounts within 24 hours and providing no-fee gold and silver IRA accounts.

PROS
  • No-fee IRA accounts
  • Helps customers diversify portfolio
  • 24-hour turnaround for new accounts
CONS
  • Investments limited to certain metals

Top Patriot Gold Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Patriot Gold Group?

I can’t say enough about Patriot Gold Group, the service and pricing is amazing. Never pushy and full of knowledge that helped me understand the importance of diversifying with gold and silver. I’m so happy with my acquisition and service.

Patriot Gold Group has done a fantastic job in taking care of my investments. I was treated professionally and I was not charged those extravagant premium prices. I have already e-mailed and called Patriot several times and I always get an immediate response.

Patriot Gold Learn More

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

What does Patriot Gold Group do?

Patriot Gold Group is a precious metals dealer that offers a collection of coins and bars, plus self-directed precious metals IRAs. Patriot Gold Group's clients have a direct working relationship with the company's owners, which eliminates multiple layers of shareholder compensation and helps secure the most competitive price on gold and silver.

What are the products and services offered by Patriot Gold Group?

Patriot Gold Group offers gold, silver, platinum and palladium coins and bars. The company also provides precious metals IRA accounts. The company has more than 25 gold and silver coin options, including the ones below:

GOLD AMERICAN EAGLE BULLION
  • 91.67% 22K pure gold
  • No artificial colors
  • Features Lady Liberty and design on reverse
MINT-PROOF SILVER AMERICAN EAGLE, 1 OZ.
  • One ounce of .999 silver
  • Minted at West Point Mint
GOLD MAPLE LEAF
  • Contains one ounce of .999 gold
  • Considered one of the most beautiful coins by investors and collectors

The gold and silver coins available through Patriot Gold Group include rare offerings that help diversify your portfolio, such as the U.S. Mint Liberty Gold Double Eagle coin.

According to the Patriot Gold Group, gold and silver have outperformed the Dow Jones industrial average over the last 12 years, which makes purchasing precious metals a sound alternative for portfolio diversification. Gold is protected against inflation, so investors can expect it to maintain or increase its value over time.

What benefits are available for opening an IRA with Patriot Gold Group?

All of Patriot Gold Group’s precious metals IRA accounts are self-directed, which gives customers freedom and flexibility. Opening an IRA with Patriot Gold Group has several benefits:

• No fees for life for all new IRA accounts
  • Provides control, growth and security by protecting you from weak-performing assets and balancing your portfolio
  • Application can be completed online, though consumers can call the company to speak with a Patriot Gold Group representative to learn more about the process
  • Consumers receive up to $2,500 free in gold and silver coins for new IRA accounts
  • Patriot Gold Group’s staff helps you transfer or roll over a previous IRA account

What kind of experience do the Patriot Gold Group representatives have?

Patriot Gold Group’s team of senior partners, portfolio managers and retirement specialists have extensive backgrounds and expertise in economic discrepancies, macroeconomics, currencies, global markets, venture capital, IRA diversification and long-term retirement accounts. This experience qualifies the company’s representatives to provide premium investment knowledge and proven market research to Patriot Gold Group customers.

Do we recommend Patriot Gold Group?

For consumers who want a hands-off approach to precious metals investing or prefer digital communication, Patriot Gold Group is a great choice. From its website, consumers can purchase gold and silver coins and bars, apply for a precious metals IRA, request an investor kit, review market charts and chat with Patriot Gold Group representatives.

Patriot Gold Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Patriot Gold?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Patriot Gold Group?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

All of the Patriot Gold Group staff has been above a five star rating! Extremely easy to learn, purchase and maintain your investment with an extremely highly qualified group. I am not a big investor, but to me my investment is very big and important. They have treated me (and keep treating me) as a multi - million dollar investor! I had some issues Christmas Eve day with a wire transfer from my initial 401K investment firm. The Patriot Gold group was handling the issue all day and even called me on Christmas day to confirm they found and corrected the issue.....an issue they which they did not make. My investment firm made the mistake and was not very helpful in clearing up the issue (the investment firm that I wired the money from to the Patriot Gold Group sent a second wire transfer to the Patriot Gold Group by mistake!.) If you're looking at investing into gold or silver, look no further! The Patriot Gold Group is without THE BEST IN CLASS!

Patriot Gold response

We appreciate the strong vote of confidence and will continue to exceed your expectations!

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2020

This was my first experience buying precious metals and I searched for a firm that was highly rated and found Patriot Gold Group. When I called the company, I was connected to Michael **, and he did an excellent job of selecting what he thought would be the best coin investment based on my needs. He was thorough in his explanations, discussed the process, and gave me time to decide. He exerted no undue pressure, nor was I bombarded with e-mails. I had ample time to do some quality checks on the company.

Our exchanges were courteous and professional, and he locked in a good price before my tentative purchase. The transaction proceeded smoothly, just as he stated, and Patriot Gold sent the coins promptly after the customary hold period to make sure the check cleared. All arrived in order and he checked to make sure I was satisfied. In summary, this is a quality company to do business with and I highly recommend Patriot Gold Group. I have already referred my brothers to the company, and I am sure they will experience the same level of high quality service. The company is a tribute to the business. – Dr. Michael

Patriot Gold response

We do not pressure you here at Patriot Gold Group. We understand that you deserve time and space to make a decision and we give that to you.

Original review: May 14, 2020

That was me back in early March 2020. Patriot Gold Group gave me the peace of mind I needed. At this time COVID-19 was now a Pandemic spreading in the USA. Warren Buffett in a Letter to Berkshire Shareholders in February 2020 stated that stock market could go to zero. Since then Berkshire has sold all their Airline Stock. As I write this the news has reported Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway sold a substantial amount of U.S. Bancorp stock this week. Subsidiaries of Berkshire Hathaway (ticker: BRK.B ) sold a total of 497,786 U.S. Bancorp shares (USB) on May 11 and May 12 for $16.3 million.

I am not a savvy investor nor an experienced investor, just a simple person who wanted to save my career's worth of 401K savings. - Glad I did. Jack explained what products are available in easy to understand terminology. Michael was a one-stop-shop which made the transaction surprisingly easy. A couple weeks later Charles was able to assist to diversify even further with Patriot Gold Group. I achieved peace of mind through a Self-Directed IRA and Patriot Gold Metal Group. No pressure, easy to understand. Stay healthy body and mind.

Patriot Gold response

We are glad that we were able to assist you in protecting your hard-earned retirement.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I interviewed four Companies about transferring an IRA into Gold and Silver. Two were Organizations that advertise on TV regularly and they were discarded by me because of predatory practices and reviews. Do your homework. I narrowed it down to Patriot Gold Group and on other, My deciding factor was the honesty of Andy **. I wanted to know what my cost would be for purchasing the Gold and Silver.

I was provided the cost to the penny and that is what it cost. The other Group after a 30 minute conversation would not provide the cost- only after we started the purchase could I know. That is not acceptable to me- BLUF- They wanted to steer me into more lucrative (for them) products and not the American Eagles that I wanted. So that made my choice of The Patriot Gold Group easy. And I am pleased. They have a promotion of $2,500 in Gold and Silver delivered to you and I have not received that yet, but with the current COVID situation and the demand for physical Gold and Silver that delay is to be expected. I highly recommend Andy ** and all the folks at Patriot Gold Group- very strong customer service.

Patriot Gold response

We are glad that you did your research and that you chose the best company.

Original review: April 23, 2020

I had been considering the option of a metals based IRA for over a year. An old friend who was considering the same option advised me that he had recently completed extensive research and selected Patriot Gold Group from three finalists. We met to share and compare our research and after his recommendation, I researched Patriot further. After finding so much positive information, I decided to go with them as well. We successfully completed our first transaction in March this year. Patriot took care of all the heavy lifting and the entire operation was seamless. Knowing they were on top of the situation really took all the anxiety out of the process for me. I would consider myself a novice in the precious metals marketplace, which only serves to further spotlight the excellent service and professionalism provided by Liz **, Charley ** and Michael ** through the entire process.

As you can imagine, when I was researching the precious metals option, I came across a significant level of negative information from consumers who shared disappointing experiences with other companies that I was looking at. I found no such negative information on Patriot by the way. That is because they have a great reputation - they've obviously earned it. I'm happy to say that I was not only pleasantly surprised by my experience with Patriot, but they actually exceeded my expectations. Having spent the last thirty five years doing business in the marketplace has forced me to develop an acute sense of character in people. I can tell you that in my estimation, the folks and Patriot Gold Group are good people and I look forward to working with them for many years to come.

Patriot Gold response

Thank you for the kind words and the great amount of research that you did about our company. We believe in treating our customers fairly and it shows!

Original review: April 14, 2021

We were very happy with our experience with Patriot Gold. All questions were answered, emails were replied to in a timely manner. Will surely use Patriot Gold for purchases in the future. Andy and Charley were both very helpful. Thank you.

Patriot Gold response

Very happy to help you with your precious metals investment. We're always here to to help. Thank you kindly!

Original review: April 14, 2021

This is the first time I've invested in precious metals, and for me there were a few 'kinks' that needed to be worked out to get my retirement account transferred over. The team that worked with me was very informative, knowledgeable and diligent throughout the entire process. I found Patriot Gold Group after researching many other precious metals IRA's and am very pleased in my decision to invest with them. I encourage anyone interested to do the same! Thank you!

Patriot Gold response

Thank you for your kind words! We're pleased to have you, and you're SO welcome.

Original review: April 14, 2021

In a day and age when customer service is lagging, Patriot Gold Group [with each and every purchase] excels and makes every purchase a great customer experience. I am proud to be a regular customer of the Patriot Gold Group!

Patriot Gold response

We strive for the best customer service here at Patriot Gold Group! Proud to have you as a client and a part of the PGG family. Thank you!

Original review: April 14, 2021

Working with the Patriot Group to roll over my 403B into a Precious metal IRA was a great experience. They walked me through all the necessary paperwork and kept in touch to make sure everything was on track. This is a great company for all your precious metal needs.

Patriot Gold response

We work hard to keep you in the loop with your account because we care!

Original review: April 10, 2021

I contacted several companies over the Christmas holiday and understandably responses were sluggish. But Patriot Gold called me back promptly, professionally and to my satisfaction. That separates you from the pack. Matt did a great job and I enjoyed working my purchase with him. I will ask to work with him again on my next purchase.

Patriot Gold Company Information