2. Finance
  3. Gold Dealers

5.0/5 (136 ratings)

About Patriot Gold

Patriot Gold Group offers precious metals IRAs as well as gold, silver, platinum and palladium coins and bars available for home delivery. The company has more than three decades of experience. Mention ConsumerAffairs and receive free shipping on your first order.

Pros

• No-fee IRA accounts
    • Helps customers diversify portfolio
    • 24-hour turnaround for new accounts

Cons

• Investments limited to certain metals

Bottom Line

Patriot Gold Group is an experienced dealer that serves its customers by offering direct working relationships with owners, setting up new accounts within 24 hours and providing no-fee gold and silver IRA accounts.

Top Patriot Gold Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Patriot Gold Group?

Verified

I can’t say enough about Patriot Gold Group, the service and pricing is amazing. Never pushy and full of knowledge that helped me understand the importance of diversifying with go...

Verified

Patriot Gold Group has done a fantastic job in taking care of my investments. I was treated professionally and I was not charged those extravagant premium prices. I have already e...

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

What does Patriot Gold Group do?

Patriot Gold Group is a precious metals dealer that offers a collection of coins and bars, plus self-directed precious metals IRAs. Patriot Gold Group's clients have a direct working relationship with the company's owners, which eliminates multiple layers of shareholder compensation and helps secure the most competitive price on gold and silver.

What are the products and services offered by Patriot Gold Group?

Patriot Gold Group offers gold, silver, platinum and palladium coins and bars. The company also provides precious metals IRA accounts. The company has more than 25 gold and silver coin options, including the ones below:

GOLD AMERICAN EAGLE BULLION
    • 91.67% 22K pure gold
    • No artificial colors
    • Features Lady Liberty and design on reverse
    MINT-PROOF SILVER AMERICAN EAGLE, 1 OZ.
    • One ounce of .999 silver
    • Minted at West Point Mint
    GOLD MAPLE LEAF
    • Contains one ounce of .999 gold
    • Considered one of the most beautiful coins by investors and collectors

The gold and silver coins available through Patriot Gold Group include rare offerings that help diversify your portfolio, such as the U.S. Mint Liberty Gold Double Eagle coin.

According to the Patriot Gold Group, gold and silver have outperformed the Dow Jones industrial average over the last 12 years, which makes purchasing precious metals a sound alternative for portfolio diversification. Gold is protected against inflation, so investors can expect it to maintain or increase its value over time.

What benefits are available for opening an IRA with Patriot Gold Group?

All of Patriot Gold Group’s precious metals IRA accounts are self-directed, which gives customers freedom and flexibility. Opening an IRA with Patriot Gold Group has several benefits:

• No fees for life for all new IRA accounts
    • Provides control, growth and security by protecting you from weak-performing assets and balancing your portfolio
    • Application can be completed online, though consumers can call the company to speak with a Patriot Gold Group representative to learn more about the process
    • Patriot Gold Group’s staff helps you transfer or roll over a previous IRA account

What kind of experience do the Patriot Gold Group representatives have?

Patriot Gold Group’s team of senior partners, portfolio managers and retirement specialists have extensive backgrounds and expertise in economic discrepancies, macroeconomics, currencies, global markets, venture capital, IRA diversification and long-term retirement accounts. This experience qualifies the company’s representatives to provide premium investment knowledge and proven market research to Patriot Gold Group customers.

Do we recommend Patriot Gold Group?

For consumers who want a hands-off approach to precious metals investing or prefer digital communication, Patriot Gold Group is a great choice. From its website, consumers can purchase gold and silver coins and bars, apply for a precious metals IRA, request an investor kit, review market charts and chat with Patriot Gold Group representatives.

Patriot Gold Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Patriot Gold?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Patriot Gold Group?

Original review: April 28, 2021

I was greatly surprised at the excellent customer service I received from Frank **, after I sent him an email on a Saturday with my concerns about the delay in waiting to receive my first quarterly statement through my online account at Equity Int'l. Much to my surprise Frank immediately returned my call on Saturday, and assured me the problem could be quickly resolved and he would contact his connection at Equity Int'l to inquire about my account and missing statement. He also provided me with the same contact person at Equity who I could also contact on Monday. However, before I was able to contact anyone at Equity Int'l on Monday, Frank had already had the issue resolved and my statement was now available and posted on my account! Thank you for fast response and outstanding service!

Patriot Gold response

Thank you for trusting Patriot Gold Group for your precious metals investment! Happy to help you with your investment. Thank you!

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2021

I contacted Patriot Gold Group after getting the run around from other firms and speaking to sales associates who had to touch base with their account manager for portfolio advice which I was not comfortable with in addition to suggesting foreign metals that I had no interest in. Jack Hanney changed all that assuring me that with Patriot Gold Group you are working directly with an owner who listens and has your best interest in mind. Jack answered all my questions suggesting only American Gold/Silver for my precious metals IRA Rollover and made the entire process seamless and worry-free. Jack continues to keep me informed and available to answer questions as they arise. Thank you Jack for your assistance and professionalism in assisting us with our decision for a metals IRA rollover. I have been extremely satisfied and appreciate the pleasant experience you provided.

Best

David

Patriot Gold response

So very kind of you to say such wonderful things! We're so happy you had a smooth transaction with us here at Patriot Gold Group. We're here for you and will always listen to you for your needs. You come first!

Original review: April 21, 2021

I rolled over a 401k into a metal IRA with Patriot. Ron talked me through the process and purchase of silver and gold coins and bullion. He was very helpful. Overall, the process was easy, the prices were fair, and I look forward to purchasing more metals through Patriot in the future. This company is dedicated to customer service and the staff is personable and will reach out to ensure their customers are pleased with the service. Everyone I have spoken with at the company has tried to educate me a little more about their business, and practices, and efforts to remain a top quality business in the investment metals market. Thank you, Patriot for helping me diversify my retirement portfolio.

Patriot Gold response

It was a pleasure serving you. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and being so open with us.

I'm glad you felt educated, and that everyone you spoke with was personable.

We hope you'll work with us again in the future!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

I was hesitant to investigate precious metal purchases for my 401 due to the stringent requirements by the IRS. A company with the necessary expertise was essential to making precious metals part of my diversification. A Patriot Gold Partner took the time to tell me how the process worked, what options I had in terms of coins or ingots, setting up an administrator that would comply with all the rules applicable to 401 plans. The calm and detailed way in which my concerns were handled was a sign of the professionalism reflected by the senior staff and administrative staff both. The account set up, cash transfer and account confirmation were all initiated and confirmed completed within the time period indicated to me. I have since referred two of my friends to Patriot Gold in view of my personal experience..

Patriot Gold response

We appreciate your recommendations and assure you that they will be treated with the same kindness and professionalism that you received.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

All of the Patriot Gold Group staff has been above a five star rating! Extremely easy to learn, purchase and maintain your investment with an extremely highly qualified group. I am not a big investor, but to me my investment is very big and important. They have treated me (and keep treating me) as a multi - million dollar investor! I had some issues Christmas Eve day with a wire transfer from my initial 401K investment firm. The Patriot Gold group was handling the issue all day and even called me on Christmas day to confirm they found and corrected the issue.....an issue they which they did not make. My investment firm made the mistake and was not very helpful in clearing up the issue (the investment firm that I wired the money from to the Patriot Gold Group sent a second wire transfer to the Patriot Gold Group by mistake!.) If you're looking at investing into gold or silver, look no further! The Patriot Gold Group is without THE BEST IN CLASS!

Patriot Gold response

We appreciate the strong vote of confidence and will continue to exceed your expectations! Thank you.

Original review: July 22, 2021

I was interested in an IRA rollover and found your company online. The service was timely and all the personal was beyond my expectations. I'm hoping the investment will be profitable and secure. I will be sure to recommend you to family and friends. Thanks

Patriot Gold response

Thank you kindly for the recommendations we promise to treat anyone you send over with the time and care that we extended to you!

Original review: July 13, 2021

Kristen was very informative. She helped me understand this process as it was our first time buying gold and silver. She also helped me get started on viewing my account online. We were given her direct line and she informed me to call with any questions, anytime.

Patriot Gold response

We are elated that you are happy with the service that you received.

Original review: July 13, 2021

The whole process seemed overwhelming, but the guys walked me through it step by step, and they didn't get annoyed with all of my questions. I had no idea there were so many gold and silver options to choose from, so I got an education in the process.

Patriot Gold response

It can seem overwhelming when you have to do it alone, but that is what we are here for! We will take you step by step through the process easily!

Original review: July 12, 2021

My representative made it a very good experience while being informative and professional to my needs. I would recommend Patriot Gold to friends and family for their financial investment choices for their future. If you are looking for an IRA in precious metals look no further.

Patriot Gold response

Thank you for the vote of confidence!

Original review: July 9, 2021

Patriot Gold personnel were open with information and readily answered all of my questions. I had some delays from Wadell and Reed, and a bit of difficulty due to not having the ability to print out forms that needed signing. However both delays were dealt with effectively by Ron ** and Charlie **. I appreciated the conversations that I've had with both Ron and Charlie, and most recently with Kristen **. All three have shown care and concern for customer needs, satisfaction, and follow-up. I have recommended Patriot Gold to several friends as well as acquaintances and will continue to do so.

Patriot Gold response

We are so thankful for referring us to your friends. We will handle them with as much care and attention to detail that we did and will continue to do with you!

Patriot Gold Company Information