5.00/5
Based on 100 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Patriot Gold Group has become an industry leader in the Precious Metals marketplace. They provide the most competitive pricing on Gold, Silver, Platinum and Palladium. Their minority and majority investors will work directly with you so you get more gold and silver for your dollar. Our team at Patriot Gold has over 3 decades of experience to assist you in achieving the financial security you are looking for. Call Patriot Gold today to learn more!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 23, 2018

129 Patriot Gold Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 23, 2018

I wish this rating system would allow me to give PATRIOT Gold Group at least 10 starts for their exceptional service and my experience of working with them! PATRIOT deserves more than 5 stars. I attempted to work with other investing companies but I did not appreciate the fact that they were so pushy. Experts at PATRIOT were very informative and knowledgeable. This made me want to move forward with this company and invest in precious metals. I could not have been happier with my choice. Thank you, PATRIOT Gold Group!

Get expert buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 10, 2018

It's been just a few weeks since I invested in precious metals and I still cannot believe that it took me so many years to invest in gold! It has always been on my mind but I never actually did it. I was afraid that investing is a long process. However, PATRIOT Gold Group made everything very easy, and even more importantly, secure! I spoke with a few representatives and they all were very knowledgeable and prepared. I am very confident about my investing future with PATRIOT! Thank you, again!

Original review: March 4, 2018

I just wanted to let you folk working for Patriot Gold group that I loved loved LOVED the service you guys have shown me. You all made it really easy for me over the phone. I spoke to Charley ** and he was extremely nice and helpful. I will definitely be recommending you guys to friends and family.

Original review: March 4, 2018

Working with this company was a breeze! The customer service was amazing and everything was very easy. I thought that buying gold was going to be a hard and long process, but it was the complete opposite. I hope to work with Mike Celano again in the future!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Today marks my 2 year anniversary with PATRIOT Gold Group. I am very satisfied with all of the insight and professionalism I received from PATRIOT. And the best thing is that my portfolio continues to increase in value. My recommendation to anyone who reads this - give experts at PATRIOT a call today and start increasing your wealth.

Patriot Gold response

Agree with you Danial- 2 years and you are now really starting to see precious metals take off!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Patriot Gold Group?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I had a great experience with Patriot Gold group. They handled my sale very professionally and quickly. Would definitely go through them again for any service required. Frank ** was very helpful and I appreciated all the help he gave.

Patriot Gold response

Thanks Blake, Andy said you are one of his favorites to deal with. You made it easy for him!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Working with Andy ** was a very pleasant experience. When first hearing about this company I was not sure if I would be interested in purchasing precious metals but after looking more into it and conversing with Andy I am now comfortable and will be coming back for more. Thank you Patriot Gold Group!!

Patriot Gold response

Andy is excited to hear you had a great experience.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Very good guys to work with. Frank and Betsy helped me move half of my IRA to gold as I have been living in fear of a stock market crash. Between the crazy market and bitcoin these good Patriot folks helped me see the safety and security in precious metals. Only moved 125K to start but we will see how it goes. If the market crashes further I'm giving them the rest as I can't risk my future.

Patriot Gold response

You got it Jeremiah, 125K is just the start, you will see. We have the highest buybacks in the industry, and you are dealing with an OWNER. It is win-win for you and you will see how smart your decision is, especially with the downward movement in the stock market and bitcoin.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Thank you to the guys at Patriot Gold Group. I was referred to this company from a family member and was iffy when selling my precious metals. Mike ** made me feel much more comfortable and made the process easy and quick. I will be working with these guys in the future.

Patriot Gold response

Minami, we appreciate your business and our kind words.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Patriot Gold Group exceeded all of my expectations. Working with Jack ** was the best thing that could have happened for me. He was very easy to talk to and helpful in all transactions. I will definitely be going back to this company for future needs as well as recommending to friends and family members.

Patriot Gold response

Thanks Tiledia, we are here to help you, and especially your friends and family. We will treat them with the same great service, and make sure they give us your name.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I was so so happy with the service I received at Patriot. I have bought metals elsewhere in the past, and it is really no comparison to Patriot. I spoke with Mark ** and he provided me with excellent insights into the market, transparent pricing and quick shipping. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking at gold and silver.

Patriot Gold response

Thanks Mia- we are glad you are happy with our service and will relay the message to Mark.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

My experience with PATRIOT Gold Group was nothing but pleasant. The customer service is very professional. Jack, especially, provided me with some crucial market information that I was not aware of. The PATRIOT family guided me through the entire purchase and stuck through it even when thing got a bit complicated during the rollover process. I felt no pressure from the company to invest in precious metals. Such a great feeling!

Patriot Gold response

Evgeny you made a great choice and you dealt direct with an OWNER in Jack. Patriot Gold Group is all about our owners being very involved in guiding our clients.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I invested with Patriot over 1 year ago and recently found out that the products they sold me, well just say that they OVERCHARGED ME for each item and then when I sold some items they sold them lower than the actual lower buying price. I bought GOLD coins and were charged $476.70 each coin when the price of each coin cost $312.20 each! This is a $164.50 profit to them on each coin @ 242 coins! FEE or highway robbery!? I bought SILVER coins and were charged $44.33 each coin when the price of each coin cost $27.37 each! The is a $16.96 profit to them on each coin @ ~2600 coins! Fee or highway robbery!?

Just with this transaction they TOOK me for over $57,000.00 that I can't recover. Taking their advice on moves to make, the gold coins were sold at a selling price of at even less than the cost price well below what they charged price! NOT a good time to sell at an additional loss! The Patriot Group more than takes FULL ADVANTAGE of you! OVERCHARGES YOU and IF you're not someone that is really into investing, Patriot is NOT THE COMPANY for you! These comments on people praising this company, where are you coming from? Did you see what you were charged over what the actual cost is? LOOK at the holding companies paperwork vs the Patriot paperwork and see if they did this to you. IN MY Opinion, Patriot Gold Group is NOT a good company and WILL rip you off! STAY AWAY from PATRIOT!

Updated on 03/04/2018: I wrote a review on Feb 17, 2018 about How Patriot Gold overcharged me by $57,000.00 for a purchase. I had to give Consumer Affairs an Invoice Number for it. On Monday Feb 19th Patriot wrote back and asked me for more information since they couldn't find this order. I gave them all the information needed and haven't heard back from them yet and here it is 2 weeks since I gave them the info and see that a 'Unfactual' label has been put on my post.

What we found out was that the figure I gave was wrong and that it was $20,000.00 short of what I was cheated! So here we have I Posted correct information of being Over-charged of Highway Robbery, Patriot challenged me and I gave them all the info they wanted including contact info. and 2 weeks later I haven't heard from them! I gave them the info in good faith and since I HAVE NOTHING to hide and now they have disappeared! Now it appears that something happened on Feb 27th - I have no idea outside of that Patriot is disputing my claim and they want to have a phone call talk, I'd rather do it here in the open instead of hiding!

Patriot Gold response

Don's review contains several inaccuracies. Chiefly amongst them, he is not a Patriot Gold Group customer. His account is with a competitor. At one time our company did attempt to complete a transaction and manage the IRA account with Don, however he freely choose to conduct business with a competitor as a former account executive with our company left to take an offer with that new company.

Don choose to leave Patriot Gold Group and move his account with his account representative at a new company. This is totally within his right to do and the Patriot Gold Group believes that if we cannot earn and maintain your business you have a right to find a company that best suits your needs. Yet, we cannot be held accountable for alleged fees and false charges that we did not levy on your account as it is not under our purview.

Unfortunately for Don, Patriot Gold Group has no ability to resolve his issues as his account does not list our company as the company of record. That was shifted to the competitor, which we will not name to maintain his privacy. During a conversation nearly one year ago, PGG communicated exactly how their service offerings were different from the majority of competitors in the industry. In fact we even offered a quote of the metals that were to be added to his account and he decided he preferred to work with his account executive offer our company.

Firstly, PGG offers each client to become a part of the PGG family of investors. This means that every deal has an account executive that is either an owner of the company or has a direct line of communication with an owner in the company. Secondly, we offer our clients higher buy back offers and pricing than what we offer to the general public. Finally, Patriot of course charges fees. We are a for profit business. Yet, the fees outlined by Don are not only false and incorrectly attributed to PGG when they are the fees of a competitor, but directly contradict the pricing model that PGG has used to upset the industry and become the fastest growing precious metals company in America. Because PGG actively runs a two way market we are able to offer pricing unseen by retail shops to our customers.

In closing, if Don were still a part of our family of investors he would have a direct contact of an owner and we would happily work to resolve any concern he has. Unfortunately, once he contracted with a competitor we cannot resolve his issue as we do not even have access with his current custodian to discuss this account as it would be a violation of numerous privacy laws.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

A close friend recommended this company to me and I could not express how happy I am that they did. I was treated with the upmost respect throughout every conversation I had. Charley ** was always there to answer any questions I had. I will definitely continue to work with Patriot Gold Group in the future.

Patriot Gold response

Thank your friend, Jen. And Charley says thank you for your business and he is looking forward to a prosperous 2018 for you!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I really appreciate how amazing this company has been in making the process so smooth and easy. The employee who helped me, Andy **, made the process seamless and I will definitely be coming back for future orders. The order came in quickly and I greatly appreciate all of the help I received. Thank you so much.

Patriot Gold response

Glad you got the help you desired, Katie. We gave Andy your thoughtful message.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Thank you so much to this amazing company! The workers are very honest, hardworking, and have great customer service. Mike ** was always there to answer questions and made everything sound easy. Would highly recommend his service to anyone.

Patriot Gold response

Thanks Natalie. Not only am I an employee, I am one of the owners. So you are dealing direct with proud owners who help you succeed. We are probably the only precious metal company where you get to deal with dedicated owners!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Been researching into Gold IRAs for awhile. I came across Patriot Gold Group through my research. The service, the patience, the pricing, and the communication level is the best! I am nervous of my retirement savings and want to feel secure with an asset that protects me & my family. Gold & Patriot accomplished that!

Patriot Gold response

Happy 2018 Diana. You got in at the right time.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I have been researching into precious metals for 3 months and finally came across Patriot Gold Group. Very simple process, I was actually working directly with two owners of the company. I can sleep good at night knowing my account is with Patriot Gold Group and Jack is keeping me informed with the markets. Thank you!!!

Patriot Gold response

Jack sends his thanks, Fermin! Glad we could make it easy, and agreed, the owners are very involved with our clients.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

For anyone interested in learning more about or investing in precious metals, make sure you talk to Mike at Patriot. Mike runs a tight ship and no matter who you talk to - they are all very informed. I invested in gold about 5 months ago and am very satisfied with all of the insight and professionalism from Patriot. Not to mention the fact that my portfolio is increasing in value. My recommendation to anyone who reads this - give Mike a call (or any of the professionals at Patriot).

Patriot Gold response

Much appreciated Luke! Keep watching- Gold is already up $66 since you invested.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Fast, professional, great service. I moved my husband's retirement account into precious metals with Patriot Gold Group without any problems and extreme fast. My husband doesn't trust the stock market anymore and called Patriot Gold Group after watching the Dick Morris show. Thank you!

Patriot Gold response

Thanks Juanita. Glad we can be of service to you and your husband. If you need any additional help, please give us a call!

Resolution response: Nov. 14, 2017

Thanks for the follow up call Mike. You definitely take your reputation seriously, You clearly earned a 5th star as I can see how much you care about your clients!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Rolled over about 35% of my IRA with these guys. Good guys to work with, smart and understand the market. I will say they were definitely a little bit aggressive, but I guess when you know your stuff it is easy to sell. I will see how this goes then consider moving more money over to them. Certainly was easy enough and the stock market soaring everyday scares me.

Patriot Gold response

Glad to be of service Harold. Happy to know the process was easy for you, and agreed we get a little excited sometimes during the process!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Thank you to the team at Patriot Gold Group for making my gold investments so streamlined. I was skeptical of using any of these companies because an associate of mine had a horrible experience. I called the top 5 precious gold investment brokers -- Patriot was the only one that had their act together and was not condescending. I know nothing about precious metal investment and now I feel informed and am happy with the results.

Patriot Gold response

Strealmined is what we aim for- much prosperity to you and your family, Nate!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Shout out to Mike at Patriot Gold. He really knows the precious gold investment business. We used Patriot for our most current investment needs and they definitely delivered. Professional, informed and easy to work with -- I would recommend any person who wants to make money on their investments consider giving Mike at Patriot a call. Highest recommendation, and I have been investing for over 20 years.

Patriot Gold response

Appreciate the kind words Patrick. Cheers to Gold on the rise to 1300, then 1400!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I recommend Patriot Gold group for precious metal investments. Mike who was the primary account manager for the investment transactions I made in September is very well informed and professional. Excellent and thorough group of investors. So far all of the decisions I made with Mike's advice have been profitable and successful.

Patriot Gold response

Glad you took our advice Hadley, you will not be disappointed!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I recently moved to Florida and wanted to make some gold investments before I officially retire. The guys at Patriot had great answers and sent me a lot of information. I was hesitant because I don't know much about them or gold investing, but they seemed informed. The investment I made has been good so far. Glad I called.

Patriot Gold response

We're glad you called too, Jason.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

These folks do TERRIFIC work! A+ customer service. They really know their stuff. They are very timely in dealing with you, and they are also very professional, helpful, and courteous. I highly, highly recommend giving them a call and a chance to serve you. Very pleased with the service I received! A great American business!!

Patriot Gold response

American as apple pie and BBQs, David. We agree That's why we are PATRIOT!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I have wanted to invest in precious metals for some time now. I did some research and Patriot Gold was a good choice. I spoke with an investment specialist named Mike. All of my questions were answered and I invested on the spot. The transactions were smooth and I was very satisfied.

Patriot Gold response

Thanks Thomas, glad we could get you in the gold market so quickly.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

My brother used Patriot a while ago and has been talking about them ever since. I finally broke down, called Patriot and talked to Mike. Mike was smart, to-the-point and knew his product. He put my mind at ease and handled my 401k rollover quickly. SO happy I finally called Patriot. Our family will all be calling soon! Thanks Patriot.

Patriot Gold response

Your family is wise to invest in gold, Missie. Let's get all of them on board!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

Patriot Gold helped me complete a roll-over IRA transaction quickly. The process from start to finish was handled very professionally. Mike and all of the associates I have dealt with at Patriot Gold have been extremely helpful and smart! I will definitely be making additional investments with Patriot and highly recommending them to everyone I know.

Patriot Gold response

Thanks George- IRA roll-overs are our strength. You can see the slight increase in gold already since you have invested, and it will only go up more once the stock market finds reality...

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

Gold investment has always been of interest to me. I recently inherited quite a bit of money -- and started my research for Professional Investment companies specializing in precious metals. Patriot Gold was by far the most comprehensive and thorough company and Jack was very accommodating and supportive. I have three sisters who want to invest as well... Patriot Gold will be their investment advisors now! Thanks Jack and Patriot Gold. Mission accomplished!

Patriot Gold response

Anytime your sisters are ready to invest, Jack is more than happy to help all of them find the best balance of gold and silver in their portfolios.

Patriot Gold Group expert review by Andrew Polacek

The Patriot Gold Group sells gold, silver, platinum and palladium for cash purchase and for IRA investment. They offer investor direct pricing to manage the costs for consumers.

• Free newsletter: All interested consumers can sign up to receive Patriot Gold Group’s free newsletters, which include market news and economic forecasts. To request a newsletter, consumers should fill out the Contact Us form on Patriot’s website.

• Investor direct pricing: Customers buying from Patriot directly deal with senior partners. This more direct sales approach helps customers save money, giving them more investing power.

• Self-directed IRA: Individuals with IRAs, 401ks and some other retirement accounts can roll their existing account into a self-directed, precious metals IRA through Patriot.

• Social media: The Patriot Gold Group is active on Facebook and Twitter. Interested consumers can follow the company on those sites to learn about investing in precious medals.

• Informational reports: The Forecasts & Projections section of Patriot’s website includes over a dozen information reports that educate consumers about the economics of precious medals.

• Best for: Patriot Gold Group is best for retirees, savers, speculators and anyone interested in precious metal investment.

Profile picture of Andrew Polacek
Andrew Polacek

Investments & Banking Contributing Editor

Following his two-year term as an investment banking analyst for Houlihan Lokey at their Los Angeles headquarters, Andrew Polacek had a seven year private equity career culminating in a role as a Vice President, first as an Associate at Mainsail Partners and later at Crimson Investment where developing relationships with business owners and investment banks was his primary focus. Andrew is also a knowledgeable and passionate investor in gold and silver bullion who has been investing in the space for over 10 years.

Patriot Gold Company Information