2. Finance
  3. Gold Dealers

5.0/5 (146 ratings)

About Patriot Gold Group

Patriot Gold Group offers precious metals IRAs as well as gold and silver coins and bars, which are available for home delivery. There are no fees for life on qualifying IRAs, and retirement accounts can be set up in a day. Patriot Gold Group also offers precious metals storage in different parts of the country, though it doesn’t disclose the full list.

Pros

• No-fee-for-life program
    • 24-hour turnaround for new accounts
    • Multiple storage options

Cons

• Only deals in gold and silver
    • No online purchases

Bottom Line

Patriot Gold Group can help you invest in gold and silver. Its product offerings are somewhat limited because it doesn’t offer platinum or palladium, but its no-fees-for-life option should be a draw for larger investors.

Top Patriot Gold Group Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

This is my first experience with precious metals, and it has been great! ... I have had many questions and concerns and he always take the time to help me understand and feel comf...

Verified

Creating a precious metals IRA was a smooth and easy experience. Everyone I worked with was helpful, knowledgeable, and provided excellent assistance. I highly recommend Patriot G...

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

What does Patriot Gold Group do?

Patriot Gold Group is a precious metals dealer that offers a collection of gold and silver coins and bars, plus self-directed precious metals IRAs. It lets clients have a direct working relationship with one of the company's owners, and it can set up new IRAs in as little as 24 hours.

Patriot Gold Group products and services

Patriot Gold Group sells gold and silver coins and bars that you can have delivered to your home or invested in a precious metal IRA. There are also references to platinum and palladium on the company’s website, though it doesn’t seem to offer any products in these metals at the time of publishing.

More than 25 gold and silver coin options are available from Patriot Gold Group, including bullion coins, private coins, proof coins and IRA-eligible coins. The IRS has purity requirements for any precious metals held in an IRA, so only approved products can be used to take advantage of an IRA’s tax benefits.

Patriot Gold Group benefits

Opening an IRA with Patriot Gold Group has several potential benefits:

• There are no fees for life on qualifying IRAs. That means the company reimburses rollover, storage and insurance fees on accounts of a certain size.
    • Applications can be completed online, though you can also call to speak with a Patriot Gold Group representative to learn more about the process.
    • While purchases aren’t available online, you can add gold and silver products to a quote tool on Patriot’s website to simplify the process.

Patriot Gold Group costs

Patriot Gold doesn’t list prices online for its gold and silver products. You have to call, email or chat online with a representative to find out the current value of each coin or bar.

The company doesn’t detail its IRA fees online, but accounts below the no-fees-for-life limit have to pay for rollovers, storage and insurance every year. There is also a minimum investment requirement of $15,000.

Patriot Gold Group FAQ

It sells gold and silver.
    Patriot says your metals are shipped and stored to one of several available depositories in the U.S. It cites Brink's Global Services and the Delaware Depository as popular choices, but it doesn’t detail the full list.
    Patriot sets up new accounts in 24 hours. One of its IRA specialists can help you fill out the needed paperwork.

Do we recommend Patriot Gold Group?

Patriot Gold Group is a good option for people looking to invest in gold and silver, especially if you’re planning for retirement. It can help you purchase gold and silver coins and bars, set up a self-directed IRA and learn about investing in precious metals. It doesn’t offer platinum or palladium products, but if you’re an investor with a high net worth, its no-fees-for-life option is a significant benefit.

Patriot Gold Group Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Patriot Gold Group?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

We could not be happier with the service we received from Patriot Gold Group! We made a big mistake with one of the other gold companies, once they got our money, they sent us an email telling us it would be 12 years, I said 12 weeks before our gold would even be shipped. We were not happy at all; they were earning interest on our investment and we were at their mercy (or so we thought). Once we wrote a legal letter canceling our order, they did refund us in full but it took two weeks on top of the three weeks we had already waited.

We then called a few other companies and that is where we met Andy **. He was so knowledgeable and kind we hit it off right away. There were no sales pitches whatsoever, we were human beings to him and he truly wanted to help us invest properly unlike the other company that acted like used car sales persons. Everything Andy said as far as price, quick shipping time, value for our money was honest and on the mark. We highly recommend Patriot Gold and Andy ** if you have questions and want honest answers about investing in gold.

Patriot Gold Group response

Five-star service is our standard!

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 29, 2021

My decision to choose Patriot Gold over all the other Gold & Silver IRA Investment choices was immediately a given from the first person I spoke to! First Frank ** explained all the basics and made me feel that I had chosen the best option for protecting my stock market IRA by transferring to Gold & Silver IRA investments. Everyone else at Patriot Gold that assisted me through the entire experience/process was a pleasure to work with and answered any of my questions above and beyond my expectations.

My account manager Andy ** has been an outstanding representative of Patriot Gold with his knowledge and explanation on anything I inquire about. I feel confident that I made the best choice in trusting my IRA assets with Patriot Gold and look forward to the opportunities available to me to increase my investments in the future. Thank you for the Outstanding Customer Service and Wonderful, Positive Experience that Patriot Gold has offered me for my retirement funds!!!

Patriot Gold Group response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and share your experience with us here at Patriot Gold Group! We appreciate your positive feedback.

Original review: April 26, 2021

I contacted Patriot Gold Group after getting the run around from other firms and speaking to sales associates who had to touch base with their account manager for portfolio advice which I was not comfortable with in addition to suggesting foreign metals that I had no interest in. Jack Hanney changed all that assuring me that with Patriot Gold Group you are working directly with an owner who listens and has your best interest in mind. Jack answered all my questions suggesting only American Gold/Silver for my precious metals IRA Rollover and made the entire process seamless and worry-free. Jack continues to keep me informed and available to answer questions as they arise. Thank you Jack for your assistance and professionalism in assisting us with our decision for a metals IRA rollover. I have been extremely satisfied and appreciate the pleasant experience you provided.

Best

David

Patriot Gold Group response

So very kind of you to say such wonderful things! We're so happy you had a smooth transaction with us here at Patriot Gold Group. We're here for you and will always listen to you for your needs. You come first!

Original review: April 21, 2021

I rolled over a 401k into a metal IRA with Patriot. Ron talked me through the process and purchase of silver and gold coins and bullion. He was very helpful. Overall, the process was easy, the prices were fair, and I look forward to purchasing more metals through Patriot in the future. This company is dedicated to customer service and the staff is personable and will reach out to ensure their customers are pleased with the service. Everyone I have spoken with at the company has tried to educate me a little more about their business, and practices, and efforts to remain a top quality business in the investment metals market. Thank you, Patriot for helping me diversify my retirement portfolio.

Patriot Gold Group response

It was a pleasure serving you. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and being so open with us.

I'm glad you felt educated, and that everyone you spoke with was personable.

We hope you'll work with us again in the future!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

All of the Patriot Gold Group staff has been above a five star rating! Extremely easy to learn, purchase and maintain your investment with an extremely highly qualified group. I am not a big investor, but to me my investment is very big and important. They have treated me (and keep treating me) as a multi - million dollar investor! I had some issues Christmas Eve day with a wire transfer from my initial 401K investment firm. The Patriot Gold group was handling the issue all day and even called me on Christmas day to confirm they found and corrected the issue.....an issue they which they did not make. My investment firm made the mistake and was not very helpful in clearing up the issue (the investment firm that I wired the money from to the Patriot Gold Group sent a second wire transfer to the Patriot Gold Group by mistake!.) If you're looking at investing into gold or silver, look no further! The Patriot Gold Group is without THE BEST IN CLASS!

Patriot Gold Group response

We appreciate the strong vote of confidence and will continue to exceed your expectations! Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

Andy was very helpful in describing my options and helping me with the transaction. Kristin has been unusually pleasant and helpful with documentation. I just spoke with her again today and she has always been delightful. I would recommend this company to anyone interested in buying precious metals.

Patriot Gold Group response

Lois you too are a pleasure to work with and we look forward to a long-standing relationship moving forward.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

When it comes to money management every nuance is important. My experience with the Patriot Gold Group has been flawless - highly competent professional team guided me all the way, providing detailed information within each step, for a robust transitioning of my old 401K to gold IRA, and investing into chosen by me assets. Truly outstanding experience, strongly recommend!

Patriot Gold Group response

Kirill, we greatly appreciate this glowing review! Our goal is to make sure that you are satisfied from start to finish and beyond!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Mike **, Kristin **, & Kristen ** helped us so much on making up our mind if we wanted to do this move. Mike was the greatest on explaining and answering every question I had thrown at him. He explained in terms that we could understand. We are so happy we decided to go with Patriot Gold. We feel our IRA is safer now than it ever was. We appreciate everything they have done for us. Thank you.

Patriot Gold Group response

It is always our pleasure to work with wonderful clients like you! We look forward to a longstanding relationship as we traverse these challenging times.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

This is my first time investing in gold and silver. I researched my investment groups and Patriot Gold got my attention. You have a long history of exceptional customer relations based on the many reviews I have read and you have a AAA rating with Consumer Affairs five year in a row. I could not have found a better place to protect my wealth than Patriot Gold.

Patriot Gold Group response

Jay thank you for doing the research on our company. We work hard to earn and keep your business. That is what sets us apart!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Had a very good experience working with Ron at Patriot Gold Group! I would recommend these guys to anyone. They were very timely and professional. They were always there for any questions that I had and did their best in a timely matter.

Jim

Patriot Gold Group response

We are elated that you had a wonderful experience with us and thank you for choosing Patriot Gold Group.

Patriot Gold Group Company Information