5.0/5 (158 ratings)

About Patriot Gold Group

Patriot Gold Group offers precious metals IRAs as well as gold and silver coins and bars, which are available for home delivery. There are no fees for life on qualifying IRAs, and retirement accounts can be set up in a day. Patriot Gold Group also offers precious metals storage in different parts of the country, though it doesn’t disclose the full list.

Pros

• No-fee-for-life program
    • 24-hour turnaround for new accounts
    • Multiple storage options

Cons

• Only deals in gold and silver
    • No online purchases

Bottom Line

Patriot Gold Group can help you invest in gold and silver. Its product offerings are somewhat limited because it doesn’t offer platinum or palladium, but its no-fees-for-life option should be a draw for larger investors.

Top Patriot Gold Group Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

This is my first experience with precious metals, and it has been great! ... I have had many questions and concerns and he always take the time to help me understand and feel comf...

Verified

Creating a precious metals IRA was a smooth and easy experience. Everyone I worked with was helpful, knowledgeable, and provided excellent assistance. I highly recommend Patriot G...

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

What does Patriot Gold Group do?

Patriot Gold Group is a precious metals dealer that offers a collection of gold and silver coins and bars, plus self-directed precious metals IRAs. It lets clients have a direct working relationship with one of the company's owners, and it can set up new IRAs in as little as 24 hours.

Patriot Gold Group products and services

Patriot Gold Group sells gold and silver coins and bars that you can have delivered to your home or invested in a precious metal IRA. There are also references to platinum and palladium on the company’s website, though it doesn’t seem to offer any products in these metals at the time of publishing.

More than 25 gold and silver coin options are available from Patriot Gold Group, including bullion coins, private coins, proof coins and IRA-eligible coins. The IRS has purity requirements for any precious metals held in an IRA, so only approved products can be used to take advantage of an IRA’s tax benefits.

Patriot Gold Group benefits

Opening an IRA with Patriot Gold Group has several potential benefits:

• There are no fees for life on qualifying IRAs. That means the company reimburses rollover, storage and insurance fees on accounts of a certain size.
    • Applications can be completed online, though you can also call to speak with a Patriot Gold Group representative to learn more about the process.
    • While purchases aren’t available online, you can add gold and silver products to a quote tool on Patriot’s website to simplify the process.

Patriot Gold Group costs

Patriot Gold doesn’t list prices online for its gold and silver products. You have to call, email or chat online with a representative to find out the current value of each coin or bar.

The company doesn’t detail its IRA fees online, but accounts below the no-fees-for-life limit have to pay for rollovers, storage and insurance every year. There is also a minimum investment requirement of $15,000.

Patriot Gold Group FAQ

It sells gold and silver.
    Patriot says your metals are shipped and stored to one of several available depositories in the U.S. It cites Brink's Global Services and the Delaware Depository as popular choices, but it doesn’t detail the full list.
    Patriot sets up new accounts in 24 hours. One of its IRA specialists can help you fill out the needed paperwork.

Do we recommend Patriot Gold Group?

Patriot Gold Group is a good option for people looking to invest in gold and silver, especially if you’re planning for retirement. It can help you purchase gold and silver coins and bars, set up a self-directed IRA and learn about investing in precious metals. It doesn’t offer platinum or palladium products, but if you’re an investor with a high net worth, its no-fees-for-life option is a significant benefit.

Patriot Gold Group Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Patriot Gold Group?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

I initially started my Precious Metal IRA with another well known company. What I experienced with your competitor was horrific and shocking. Due to their lack of business integrity I quickly revoked them from my Equity account. That was when I had the distinct pleasure of talking to Kristen ** at Patriot Gold Group. I could immediately tell by talking to her that she was a person of integrity and high moral business ethics. Kristen patiently answered my many questions honestly, clearly and with total competence. There is no doubt in my mind that Kristen ** and Patriot Gold Group are the representative and company that I wanted to do long term business with. I am pleased with the price and with the way that the business transaction was handled. I would highly recommend doing business with Kristen and Patriot Gold Group.

Patriot Gold Group response

Linda, we are so sorry that you had a bad experience with another company. We are excited that you found us and have had a great experience.

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

We could not be happier with the service we received from Patriot Gold Group! We made a big mistake with one of the other gold companies, once they got our money, they sent us an email telling us it would be 12 years, I said 12 weeks before our gold would even be shipped. We were not happy at all; they were earning interest on our investment and we were at their mercy (or so we thought). Once we wrote a legal letter canceling our order, they did refund us in full but it took two weeks on top of the three weeks we had already waited.

We then called a few other companies and that is where we met Andy **. He was so knowledgeable and kind we hit it off right away. There were no sales pitches whatsoever, we were human beings to him and he truly wanted to help us invest properly unlike the other company that acted like used car sales persons. Everything Andy said as far as price, quick shipping time, value for our money was honest and on the mark. We highly recommend Patriot Gold and Andy ** if you have questions and want honest answers about investing in gold.

Patriot Gold Group response

Five-star service is our standard!

Original review: April 29, 2021

My decision to choose Patriot Gold over all the other Gold & Silver IRA Investment choices was immediately a given from the first person I spoke to! First Frank ** explained all the basics and made me feel that I had chosen the best option for protecting my stock market IRA by transferring to Gold & Silver IRA investments. Everyone else at Patriot Gold that assisted me through the entire experience/process was a pleasure to work with and answered any of my questions above and beyond my expectations.

My account manager Andy ** has been an outstanding representative of Patriot Gold with his knowledge and explanation on anything I inquire about. I feel confident that I made the best choice in trusting my IRA assets with Patriot Gold and look forward to the opportunities available to me to increase my investments in the future. Thank you for the Outstanding Customer Service and Wonderful, Positive Experience that Patriot Gold has offered me for my retirement funds!!!

Patriot Gold Group response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and share your experience with us here at Patriot Gold Group! We appreciate your positive feedback.

Original review: April 26, 2021

I contacted Patriot Gold Group after getting the run around from other firms and speaking to sales associates who had to touch base with their account manager for portfolio advice which I was not comfortable with in addition to suggesting foreign metals that I had no interest in. Jack Hanney changed all that assuring me that with Patriot Gold Group you are working directly with an owner who listens and has your best interest in mind. Jack answered all my questions suggesting only American Gold/Silver for my precious metals IRA Rollover and made the entire process seamless and worry-free. Jack continues to keep me informed and available to answer questions as they arise. Thank you Jack for your assistance and professionalism in assisting us with our decision for a metals IRA rollover. I have been extremely satisfied and appreciate the pleasant experience you provided.

Best

David

Patriot Gold Group response

So very kind of you to say such wonderful things! We're so happy you had a smooth transaction with us here at Patriot Gold Group. We're here for you and will always listen to you for your needs. You come first!

Original review: April 21, 2021

I rolled over a 401k into a metal IRA with Patriot. Ron talked me through the process and purchase of silver and gold coins and bullion. He was very helpful. Overall, the process was easy, the prices were fair, and I look forward to purchasing more metals through Patriot in the future. This company is dedicated to customer service and the staff is personable and will reach out to ensure their customers are pleased with the service. Everyone I have spoken with at the company has tried to educate me a little more about their business, and practices, and efforts to remain a top quality business in the investment metals market. Thank you, Patriot for helping me diversify my retirement portfolio.

Patriot Gold Group response

It was a pleasure serving you. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and being so open with us.

I'm glad you felt educated, and that everyone you spoke with was personable.

We hope you'll work with us again in the future!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

Mike ** Very easy to work with. Patient with my procrastination. Overall nice guy. Help me every way I needed. Would recommend him to anyone. Very personable. Wish there were more people like him in a professional role business. Answers any questions I needed. He’s definitely the gold standard.

Patriot Gold Group response

We aspire to provide the gold standard to all of our clients!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

I really didn't know much about investing in gold and silver. Michael and Kristen did an amazing job of educating me on all the advantages. It was like getting a semester of college in fifteen minutes. Kristen was fantastic at guiding me through the process.

Patriot Gold Group response

Purchasing metals for many is a new experience and our company is thankful that all of your questions were answered so that you could make an educated decision on how to move forward.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Jack was very helpful, informative, engaging, very simple instructions on wiring funds and returns calls promptly. I enjoy working with The Patriot Gold Group. I would highly recommend The Patriot Group to family, friends and strangers, after all that is how they were recommended to me, by a stranger.

Patriot Gold Group response

We are elated that you were provided with five-star service!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

Both Frank and Andy did a great job and made it a good experience purchasing metals from your company. I'm happy that we made the decision to use Patriot Gold Group when it came time to place Mom's assets in something more secure. Thanks.

Patriot Gold Group response

Deciding how to responsibly care for a loved one's retirement is an important decision. We are grateful that you chose us to facilitate that for you.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

401k IRA Rollover is simplified with Patriot Gold Group resulting in a seamless efficient process with clarity and accuracy. The end results...Patriot Gold Group stands behind my investment for which I am grateful. I encourage others, with today's market and financial unrest, to consider Patriot Gold Group for your precious metal's investments. I'm currently revisiting my 401k for additional IRA Rollover with Patriot Gold Group in hopes to be ahead of the curve. Thank you.

Patriot Gold Group response

Mark we will continue to be here for you as we all navigate these interesting times.

Patriot Gold Group Company Information