5.0/5 (140 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Vincent Landino

About Patriot Gold Group

Patriot Gold Group offers precious metals IRAs as well as gold and silver coins and bars, which are available for home delivery. There are no fees for life on qualifying IRAs, and retirement accounts can be set up in a day. Patriot Gold Group also offers precious metals storage in different parts of the country, though it doesn’t disclose the full list.

Pros

• No-fee-for-life program
    • 24-hour turnaround for new accounts
    • Multiple storage options

Cons

• Only deals in gold and silver
    • No online purchases

Bottom Line

Patriot Gold Group can help you invest in gold and silver. Its product offerings are somewhat limited because it doesn’t offer platinum or palladium, but its no-fees-for-life option should be a draw for larger investors.

Top Patriot Gold Group Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

This is my first experience with precious metals, and it has been great! ... I have had many questions and concerns and he always take the time to help me understand and feel comf...

Verified

Creating a precious metals IRA was a smooth and easy experience. Everyone I worked with was helpful, knowledgeable, and provided excellent assistance. I highly recommend Patriot G...

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

What does Patriot Gold Group do?

Patriot Gold Group is a precious metals dealer that offers a collection of gold and silver coins and bars, plus self-directed precious metals IRAs. It lets clients have a direct working relationship with one of the company's owners, and it can set up new IRAs in as little as 24 hours.

Patriot Gold Group products and services

Patriot Gold Group sells gold and silver coins and bars that you can have delivered to your home or invested in a precious metal IRA. There are also references to platinum and palladium on the company’s website, though it doesn’t seem to offer any products in these metals at the time of publishing.

More than 25 gold and silver coin options are available from Patriot Gold Group, including bullion coins, private coins, proof coins and IRA-eligible coins. The IRS has purity requirements for any precious metals held in an IRA, so only approved products can be used to take advantage of an IRA’s tax benefits.

Patriot Gold Group benefits

Opening an IRA with Patriot Gold Group has several potential benefits:

• There are no fees for life on qualifying IRAs. That means the company reimburses rollover, storage and insurance fees on accounts of a certain size.
    • Applications can be completed online, though you can also call to speak with a Patriot Gold Group representative to learn more about the process.
    • While purchases aren’t available online, you can add gold and silver products to a quote tool on Patriot’s website to simplify the process.

Patriot Gold Group costs

Patriot Gold doesn’t list prices online for its gold and silver products. You have to call, email or chat online with a representative to find out the current value of each coin or bar.

The company doesn’t detail its IRA fees online, but accounts below the no-fees-for-life limit have to pay for rollovers, storage and insurance every year. There is also a minimum investment requirement of $25,000.

Patriot Gold Group FAQ

What metals does Patriot Gold Group offer?

It sells gold and silver.

Where does Patriot Gold Group store my precious metals?

Patriot says your metals are shipped and stored to one of several available depositories in the U.S. It cites Brink's Global Services and the Delaware Depository as popular choices, but it doesn’t detail the full list.

How long does it take to set up an IRA with Patriot Gold Group?

Patriot sets up new accounts in 24 hours. One of its IRA specialists can help you fill out the needed paperwork.

Do we recommend Patriot Gold Group?

Patriot Gold Group is a good option for people looking to invest in gold and silver, especially if you’re planning for retirement. It can help you purchase gold and silver coins and bars, set up a self-directed IRA and learn about investing in precious metals. It doesn’t offer platinum or palladium products, but if you’re an investor with a high net worth, its no-fees-for-life option is a significant benefit.

Patriot Gold Group Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Patriot Gold Group?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Will ** and his staff at Patriot Gold have been there for me on several occasions: first, when I was debating about switching my TIAA/CRF IRA to Patriot Gold. In this step they answered all my questions and concerns, then helped me make wise decisions about what type of currency I should invest in, lastly helped me make the transfer and complete the paper work in an expedient manner. I have called several times since then with more questions about my IRA account, its worth, and decisions to make regarding disbursement of funds. They have always been ready to help and if they are not immediately available on the phone, they call me back within 15 minutes. I trust them to do right by me and their referral to Equity Trust as the bank holding my IRA was exceptional as this bank also has been just as responsive. My 5-star rating for Wil and his team truly represent exceptional service, knowledge, and professionalism.

Patriot Gold Group response

We are thrilled that you enjoyed the service that you received with Patriot Gold Group.

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2022

With, what I personally perceive, hyper-inflation looming I looked for safe harbor investment options for my retirement dollars. Gold was the top option for my IRA. I researched several different options and found Patriot Gold Group to be the best fit for my knowledge and desire to invest with a reputable gold company. Not only did I find Patriot Gold to fit as a wise informed investment partner, I found that Kristen ** (Patriot Gold representative) was an extension of Patriot Gold that really took interest in my investment ideas around precious metals. Kristen helped educate me in the world of precious metals investments. Kristen is not an advisor but, now, is a trusted investment partner/broker representative. Thank you Patriot Gold Group. Thank you Kristen **! #GoldIRA

Patriot Gold Group response

We are elated that you had a wonderful experience with Patriot Gold Group!

Original review: March 14, 2022

I worked for nearly 40 years as a scientist and as a result I am meticulous in following current events from only verifiable news sources with impeccable credentials. This led me to seek other avenues for my retirement income which included investments in Traditional IRA's. Accordingly I conducted extensive research on top rated firms specializing in both Cryptocurrency and Precious Metals IRA's. After numerous phone calls, emails and careful consideration I contacted Patriot Gold Group. This has proved to be one of the best financial decisions I have ever made.

All of the employees of Patriot Gold Group are courteous, knowledgeable and excellent in the customer service they provide. My primary point of contact was Elizabeth ** and I could not have found a more outstanding professional to guide through this very significant financial investment. Ms. ** immediately put me at ease with her confidence, experience and affable demeanor. She made herself readily available to field my questions, with prompt replies to facilitate rollover of funds from two different IRA's - a Traditional IRA and a Deferred Compensation Fund. I feel extremely confident in my decision to work with Patriot Gold Group and am grateful to them for the honest, professional and courteous manner in which they conduct business. Elizabeth ** and all my contacts at Patriot Gold Group truly offer a Five Star service and I would highly recommend them to anyone seeking to make investments in Precious Metals.

Patriot Gold Group response

We are thankful that you took the time to investigate our company and were able to see that we are dedicated to providing excellence to our customers.

Original review: March 12, 2022

Liz was our contact person at Patriot Gold group. She is absolutely fantastic in every way. Super personal. My wife and I felt like we had a personal relationship and that Liz made sure that we were comfortable and confident in our purchase. Liz was also very professional, she was prompt and timely. Liz was was extremely helpful and knowledgeable with the product lines offered by the Patriot Gold Group. We are small business owners and it is our opinion that great team members like Liz are a reflection of the owners. I’m sure that all of the team members at Patriot Gold Group are very good, but I will say having Liz as our representative was a perfect fit for us.

Patriot Gold Group response

We are happy that you were matched with a perfect person to assist you with your precious metals purchase.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Things proceeded very quickly and smoothly. I have never done this before & was surprised at the speed things proceed at. I would suggest that a FAQ sheet is sent to any prospective investor including:

1) Basic procedures
      2) Valuing the investment

3) Exact ways to redeem investments in full or partial

There are a lot of questions I didn't think to ask. None of them have been a problem so I am not worried. Services I have experience with:

1) The phone gets answered quickly by people who have answers.
      2) Things get done quickly and easily.

3) As far as the actual services received, Patriot Gold gets 2 big thumbs up.

Patriot Gold Group response

Brian thank you for your feedback! Our ownership is reviewing your input so that we can continue to make the experience with us as easy as possible!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

I greatly appreciated the phone call from Kristen to see if I had any questions about my IRA with Patriot Gold. She was very friendly, easy to talk to and answered my questions well! I will refer friends and family to Patriot Gold. Thank you.

Patriot Gold Group response

Thank you for recommending us to friends and family, Laureen. We are delighted to hear that you were provided with 5-star service.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

I chose Patriot Gold because of the no fee for depository. I have not had to pay a fee yet. Andy ** was very helpful in setting up my account and helping me choosing the correct type of gold/silver to purchase. Andy has always been very helpful if I have any question about my account. My only recommendation is for the Equity website to be update to show current sell prices and show a trending chart.

Patriot Gold Group response

Thank you so much for working with Patriot Gold Group. We are always happy to answer any and all of your questions.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

Kristen walked me through the entire process and made the transition from a 401k to a gold and silver IRA seamless. I appreciated her thoroughness in this application, as it's never easy making financial decisions without all of the details.

Patriot Gold Group response

Thank you for choosing Patriot Gold Group!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

I am so impressed with this company and appreciate your concern for me understanding the whole process! I look forward to doing business with them in the future, and will definitely refer others to them. My daughter has a 401(k) with another company, and I have been speaking with her to transfer her assets into Patriot Gold group.

Patriot Gold Group response

Thank you for your review, Anne. We appreciate you being a customer and spreading the word about Patriot Gold Group. We're here for you anytime you need us.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

Michael was very knowledgeable. He underpromised and over-delivered on shipping times. Delivery was made weeks earlier than expected. When pricing take into account Patriot's buyback prices compared to other suppliers. When purchased through them they offer very competitive buyback pricing. Ordered several times and always professional service.

Patriot Gold Group response

It is our goal to provide top-tier customer service to our clients. Thank you for choosing Patriot Gold Group.

Patriot Gold Group Company Information