Call toll free
5.00/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Patriot Gold Group has become an industry leader in the Precious Metals marketplace. They provide the most competitive pricing on Gold, Silver, Platinum and Palladium. Their minority and majority investors will work directly with you so you get more gold and silver for your dollar. Our team at Patriot Gold has over 3 decades of experience to assist you in achieving the financial security you are looking for. Call Patriot Gold today to learn more!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

143 Patriot Gold Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Spoke with a great rep who was quickly able transfer a very very old 401k into Gold. With the market not doing great, I think this is a great option to keep my money safe. Patriot Gold gave me great information and processed what I needed in a matter of d.

Get expert buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I am so happy I chose Patriot Gold. The team here is extremely friendly and knowledgeable and made my first time precious metals investment a breeze. I will be sure to recommend Patriot Gold to everyone!

Patriot Gold response

Thanks for the kind words Christina. We are glad we could help you. Clients like you make it all worthwhile.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

It's hard to trust people over the phone in a sales environment. Patriot Gold Group made our transaction feel like it was at the Dinner Table. I would recommend Patriot Gold Group to anyone needing gold and or Silver.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I am extremely pleased with the professionalism at PATRIOT Gold Group. I spoke with a few representatives (IRA account manager, PATRIOT’s CEO, and one more person), and all of them were very attentive and professional. I was not pushed to make any decisions. Rather, I was guided on how to make the best possible decision.

Patriot Gold response

That's what we do Katie, thanks! We always guide our clients to the best decision possible,.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I like being confidential about my financials so I just made a call to PATRIOT Gold Group and said that I would like to invest X amount of money. I was not asked too many additional questions and pushed to invest more. I asked a few questions myself and actually, I placed my order during the first call. I plan on ordering again soon.

Patriot Gold response

We make it easy James, glad we could assist you confidentially here as desired.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Patriot Gold Group?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I reached out to PATRIOT Gold Group to purchase precious metals for the first time. At the time, I was not aware of what to do and what is the procedure, but Charley was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Moreover, he was very patient with me as I was asking a lot of questions. After I received my metals, Charley called me to check-in and make sure everything was alright. I appreciate all that PATRIOT Gold Group has done for me!

Patriot Gold response

We are always here for you Elaine, please call Charley any time you need.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Mike provided sound investment advice, precious metals education and followed through on everything he promised, making my IRA Transfer from stocks and bonds a very smooth transaction. I would strongly recommend that you contact Patriot Gold Group to safeguard your retirement funds.

Patriot Gold response

Thanks Tyler, my pleasure!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I was very happy with my experience with Jack and the Patriot Gold Group. All my questions and follow-ups were handled very well. I would recommend Patriot to anyone looking to purchase silver and gold coins or to purchase metals for a self-direct IRA.

Patriot Gold response

Thank you Agnieszka! Jack sends his regards and thanks you for the kind words. We aim to please!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

What a great experience it was working with Patriot Gold. The service is phenomenal. The rep was very knowledgeable and walked me through everything, answering all my questions and concerns. I felt totally secure converting my IRA into gold.

Glad to hear Monique!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I am pretty dumb with investing and everything but I got into contact with Patriot Gold. They helped me out with setting everything up. The customer service that I experienced is next level. Jack put my fears at ease and helped me transfer some of my IRA into gold. I couldn't be happier!

Patriot Gold response

Jack is our best "education guy" and we are glad he was able to help. You learned from the best.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I have been thinking about getting into buying gold for YEARS! I researched several gold investment companies but none of them stood out to me like Patriot Gold did. Mike ** really walked me thru everything needed to set up. It has truly been an amazing experience and my only regret is not finding Patriot Gold sooner! Don't hesitate to give these guys a shot. You won't be disappointed...

Patriot Gold response

Jimmy we love this kind of great news and recommendation! Look forward to working with you over the next few years, gold prices will keep going up like we discussed!

Original review: July 27, 2018

Mike at Patriot is great to work with! I was pretty skeptical about investing in gold, but Mike and his team provided me with all the information I needed and put my concerns to rest. I am very pleased with the whole experience. Highly recommend.

Patriot Gold response

We appreciate the feedback and it was a sincere pleasure helping YOU out, Marshall!

Original review: June 27, 2018

I was extremely pleased with the service I received from Mike **. When I first heard about Patriot Gold Group I was skeptical but these guys made the process easy to understand and easy to follow through. So glad I used them!

Patriot Gold response

Great to hear Veronica. Let us know if your family still needs the assistance as well.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I wish this rating system would allow me to give PATRIOT Gold Group at least 10 starts for their exceptional service and my experience of working with them! PATRIOT deserves more than 5 stars. I attempted to work with other investing companies but I did not appreciate the fact that they were so pushy. Experts at PATRIOT were very informative and knowledgeable. This made me want to move forward with this company and invest in precious metals. I could not have been happier with my choice. Thank you, PATRIOT Gold Group!

Patriot Gold response

We thank you very much Ginger. And we are proud to serve 10-star clients like YOU!

Original review: March 10, 2018

It's been just a few weeks since I invested in precious metals and I still cannot believe that it took me so many years to invest in gold! It has always been on my mind but I never actually did it. I was afraid that investing is a long process. However, PATRIOT Gold Group made everything very easy, and even more importantly, secure! I spoke with a few representatives and they all were very knowledgeable and prepared. I am very confident about my investing future with PATRIOT! Thank you, again!

Patriot Gold response

Great to hear Alex. We are here for any future investing needs, and it will always be this easy.

Original review: March 4, 2018

I just wanted to let you folk working for Patriot Gold group that I loved loved LOVED the service you guys have shown me. You all made it really easy for me over the phone. I spoke to Charley ** and he was extremely nice and helpful. I will definitely be recommending you guys to friends and family.

Thanks very much Juan!

Original review: March 4, 2018

Working with this company was a breeze! The customer service was amazing and everything was very easy. I thought that buying gold was going to be a hard and long process, but it was the complete opposite. I hope to work with Mike Celano again in the future!

Patriot Gold response

Thanks Barrett! That's what you get with Patriot - working direct with the owners!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Today marks my 2 year anniversary with PATRIOT Gold Group. I am very satisfied with all of the insight and professionalism I received from PATRIOT. And the best thing is that my portfolio continues to increase in value. My recommendation to anyone who reads this - give experts at PATRIOT a call today and start increasing your wealth.

Patriot Gold response

Agree with you Danial- 2 years and you are now really starting to see precious metals take off!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I had moved forward with another gold & Silver dealer over 2 yrs ago. I needed to liquidate a large portion of my Ira for personal reasons. My coins were valued on that custodians website at silver melt value and that’s what the dealer was going to pay me the melt value!! Especially when I bought silver proof coins. That SAME day I heard that upsetting news. I saw an ad online and called Mike C (owner of Patriot Gold Group). He liquidated my account Substantially above the silver spot because the coins were worth SUBSTANTIALLY over silver spot like I ORIGINALLY was told by that MORON sales guy. I am so upset with the prior gold & Silver dealer but THANKFUL to have met Mike at Patriot Gold Group.

Patriot Gold response

We are very excited we could help you Victor. You are dealing with an OWNER, something we take great pride in and is rare in this industry. We also have the highest buybacks, something we are also very proud of. We are here for you whenever you need additional help or want to get the family set up properly like we discussed. Thanks Victor!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I had a great experience with Patriot Gold group. They handled my sale very professionally and quickly. Would definitely go through them again for any service required. Frank ** was very helpful and I appreciated all the help he gave.

Patriot Gold response

Thanks Blake, Andy said you are one of his favorites to deal with. You made it easy for him!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Working with Andy ** was a very pleasant experience. When first hearing about this company I was not sure if I would be interested in purchasing precious metals but after looking more into it and conversing with Andy I am now comfortable and will be coming back for more. Thank you Patriot Gold Group!!

Patriot Gold response

Andy is excited to hear you had a great experience.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Very good guys to work with. Frank and Betsy helped me move half of my IRA to gold as I have been living in fear of a stock market crash. Between the crazy market and bitcoin these good Patriot folks helped me see the safety and security in precious metals. Only moved 125K to start but we will see how it goes. If the market crashes further I'm giving them the rest as I can't risk my future.

Patriot Gold response

You got it Jeremiah, 125K is just the start, you will see. We have the highest buybacks in the industry, and you are dealing with an OWNER. It is win-win for you and you will see how smart your decision is, especially with the downward movement in the stock market and bitcoin.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Thank you to the guys at Patriot Gold Group. I was referred to this company from a family member and was iffy when selling my precious metals. Mike ** made me feel much more comfortable and made the process easy and quick. I will be working with these guys in the future.

Patriot Gold response

Minami, we appreciate your business and our kind words.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Patriot Gold Group exceeded all of my expectations. Working with Jack ** was the best thing that could have happened for me. He was very easy to talk to and helpful in all transactions. I will definitely be going back to this company for future needs as well as recommending to friends and family members.

Patriot Gold response

Thanks Tiledia, we are here to help you, and especially your friends and family. We will treat them with the same great service, and make sure they give us your name.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I was so so happy with the service I received at Patriot. I have bought metals elsewhere in the past, and it is really no comparison to Patriot. I spoke with Mark ** and he provided me with excellent insights into the market, transparent pricing and quick shipping. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking at gold and silver.

Patriot Gold response

Thanks Mia- we are glad you are happy with our service and will relay the message to Mark.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

My experience with PATRIOT Gold Group was nothing but pleasant. The customer service is very professional. Jack, especially, provided me with some crucial market information that I was not aware of. The PATRIOT family guided me through the entire purchase and stuck through it even when thing got a bit complicated during the rollover process. I felt no pressure from the company to invest in precious metals. Such a great feeling!

Patriot Gold response

Evgeny you made a great choice and you dealt direct with an OWNER in Jack. Patriot Gold Group is all about our owners being very involved in guiding our clients.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I invested with Patriot over 1 year ago and recently found out that the products they sold me, well just say that they OVERCHARGED ME for each item and then when I sold some items they sold them lower than the actual lower buying price. I bought GOLD coins and were charged $476.70 each coin when the price of each coin cost $312.20 each! This is a $164.50 profit to them on each coin @ 242 coins! FEE or highway robbery!? I bought SILVER coins and were charged $44.33 each coin when the price of each coin cost $27.37 each! The is a $16.96 profit to them on each coin @ ~2600 coins! Fee or highway robbery!?

Just with this transaction they TOOK me for over $57,000.00 that I can't recover. Taking their advice on moves to make, the gold coins were sold at a selling price of at even less than the cost price well below what they charged price! NOT a good time to sell at an additional loss! The Patriot Group more than takes FULL ADVANTAGE of you! OVERCHARGES YOU and IF you're not someone that is really into investing, Patriot is NOT THE COMPANY for you! These comments on people praising this company, where are you coming from? Did you see what you were charged over what the actual cost is? LOOK at the holding companies paperwork vs the Patriot paperwork and see if they did this to you. IN MY Opinion, Patriot Gold Group is NOT a good company and WILL rip you off! STAY AWAY from PATRIOT!

Updated on 03/04/2018: I wrote a review on Feb 17, 2018 about How Patriot Gold overcharged me by $57,000.00 for a purchase. I had to give Consumer Affairs an Invoice Number for it. On Monday Feb 19th Patriot wrote back and asked me for more information since they couldn't find this order. I gave them all the information needed and haven't heard back from them yet and here it is 2 weeks since I gave them the info and see that a 'Unfactual' label has been put on my post.

What we found out was that the figure I gave was wrong and that it was $20,000.00 short of what I was cheated! So here we have I Posted correct information of being Over-charged of Highway Robbery, Patriot challenged me and I gave them all the info they wanted including contact info. and 2 weeks later I haven't heard from them! I gave them the info in good faith and since I HAVE NOTHING to hide and now they have disappeared! Now it appears that something happened on Feb 27th - I have no idea outside of that Patriot is disputing my claim and they want to have a phone call talk, I'd rather do it here in the open instead of hiding!

Patriot Gold response

Don's review contains several inaccuracies. Chiefly amongst them, he is not a Patriot Gold Group customer. His account is with a competitor. At one time our company did attempt to complete a transaction and manage the IRA account with Don, however he freely choose to conduct business with a competitor as a former account executive with our company left to take an offer with that new company.

Don choose to leave Patriot Gold Group and move his account with his account representative at a new company. This is totally within his right to do and the Patriot Gold Group believes that if we cannot earn and maintain your business you have a right to find a company that best suits your needs. Yet, we cannot be held accountable for alleged fees and false charges that we did not levy on your account as it is not under our purview.

Unfortunately for Don, Patriot Gold Group has no ability to resolve his issues as his account does not list our company as the company of record. That was shifted to the competitor, which we will not name to maintain his privacy. During a conversation nearly one year ago, PGG communicated exactly how their service offerings were different from the majority of competitors in the industry. In fact we even offered a quote of the metals that were to be added to his account and he decided he preferred to work with his account executive offer our company.

Firstly, PGG offers each client to become a part of the PGG family of investors. This means that every deal has an account executive that is either an owner of the company or has a direct line of communication with an owner in the company. Secondly, we offer our clients higher buy back offers and pricing than what we offer to the general public. Finally, Patriot of course charges fees. We are a for profit business. Yet, the fees outlined by Don are not only false and incorrectly attributed to PGG when they are the fees of a competitor, but directly contradict the pricing model that PGG has used to upset the industry and become the fastest growing precious metals company in America. Because PGG actively runs a two way market we are able to offer pricing unseen by retail shops to our customers.

In closing, if Don were still a part of our family of investors he would have a direct contact of an owner and we would happily work to resolve any concern he has. Unfortunately, once he contracted with a competitor we cannot resolve his issue as we do not even have access with his current custodian to discuss this account as it would be a violation of numerous privacy laws.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

A close friend recommended this company to me and I could not express how happy I am that they did. I was treated with the upmost respect throughout every conversation I had. Charley ** was always there to answer any questions I had. I will definitely continue to work with Patriot Gold Group in the future.

Patriot Gold response

Thank your friend, Jen. And Charley says thank you for your business and he is looking forward to a prosperous 2018 for you!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I really appreciate how amazing this company has been in making the process so smooth and easy. The employee who helped me, Andy **, made the process seamless and I will definitely be coming back for future orders. The order came in quickly and I greatly appreciate all of the help I received. Thank you so much.

Patriot Gold response

Glad you got the help you desired, Katie. We gave Andy your thoughtful message.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Thank you so much to this amazing company! The workers are very honest, hardworking, and have great customer service. Mike ** was always there to answer questions and made everything sound easy. Would highly recommend his service to anyone.

Patriot Gold response

Thanks Natalie. Not only am I an employee, I am one of the owners. So you are dealing direct with proud owners who help you succeed. We are probably the only precious metal company where you get to deal with dedicated owners!

Patriot Gold Group expert review by Barbara Friedberg

The Patriot Gold Group sells gold, silver, platinum and palladium for cash purchase and for IRA investment. They offer investor direct pricing to manage the costs for consumers.

• Free newsletter: All interested consumers can sign up to receive Patriot Gold Group’s free newsletters, which include market news and economic forecasts. To request a newsletter, consumers should fill out the Contact Us form on Patriot’s website.

• Investor direct pricing: Customers buying from Patriot directly deal with senior partners. This more direct sales approach helps customers save money, giving them more investing power.

• Self-directed IRA: Individuals with IRAs, 401ks and some other retirement accounts can roll their existing account into a self-directed, precious metals IRA through Patriot.

• Social media: The Patriot Gold Group is active on Facebook and Twitter. Interested consumers can follow the company on those sites to learn about investing in precious medals.

• Informational reports: The Forecasts & Projections section of Patriot’s website includes over a dozen information reports that educate consumers about the economics of precious medals.

• Best for: Patriot Gold Group is best for retirees, savers, speculators and anyone interested in precious metal investment.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg