2. Finance

Patriot Gold

Patriot Gold
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.98/5

Patriot Gold Group offers precious metals IRAs as well as gold, silver, platinum and palladium coins and bars available for home delivery. The company has more than three decades of experience. Mention ConsumerAffairs and receive a free Silver American Eagle with you first purchase.

BOTTOM LINE

Patriot Gold Group is an experienced dealer that serves its customers by offering direct working relationships with owners, setting up new accounts within 24 hours and providing no-fee gold and silver IRA accounts.

PROS

• No-fee IRA accounts
  • Helps customers diversify portfolio
  • 24-hour turnaround for new accounts

CONS

• Investments limited to certain metals

Top Patriot Gold Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Patriot Gold Group?

I can’t say enough about Patriot Gold Group, the service and pricing is amazing. Never pushy and full of knowledge that helped me understand the importance of diversifying with gold and silver. I’m so happy with my acquisition and service.

Patriot Gold Group has done a fantastic job in taking care of my investments. I was treated professionally and I was not charged those extravagant premium prices. I have already e-mailed and called Patriot several times and I always get an immediate response.

Patriot Gold Learn More

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

What does Patriot Gold Group do?

Patriot Gold Group is a precious metals dealer that offers a collection of coins and bars, plus self-directed precious metals IRAs. Patriot Gold Group's clients have a direct working relationship with the company's owners, which eliminates multiple layers of shareholder compensation and helps secure the most competitive price on gold and silver.

What are the products and services offered by Patriot Gold Group?

Patriot Gold Group offers gold, silver, platinum and palladium coins and bars. The company also provides precious metals IRA accounts. The company has more than 25 gold and silver coin options, including the ones below:

GOLD AMERICAN EAGLE BULLION
  • 91.67% 22K pure gold
  • No artificial colors
  • Features Lady Liberty and design on reverse
MINT-PROOF SILVER AMERICAN EAGLE, 1 OZ.
  • One ounce of .999 silver
  • Minted at West Point Mint
GOLD MAPLE LEAF
  • Contains one ounce of .999 gold
  • Considered one of the most beautiful coins by investors and collectors

The gold and silver coins available through Patriot Gold Group include rare offerings that help diversify your portfolio, such as the U.S. Mint Liberty Gold Double Eagle coin.

According to the Patriot Gold Group, gold and silver have outperformed the Dow Jones industrial average over the last 12 years, which makes purchasing precious metals a sound alternative for portfolio diversification. Gold is protected against inflation, so investors can expect it to maintain or increase its value over time.

What benefits are available for opening an IRA with Patriot Gold Group?

All of Patriot Gold Group’s precious metals IRA accounts are self-directed, which gives customers freedom and flexibility. Opening an IRA with Patriot Gold Group has several benefits:

• No fees for life for all new IRA accounts
  • Provides control, growth and security by protecting you from weak-performing assets and balancing your portfolio
  • Application can be completed online, though consumers can call the company to speak with a Patriot Gold Group representative to learn more about the process
  • Consumers receive up to $2,500 free in gold and silver coins for new IRA accounts
  • Patriot Gold Group’s staff helps you transfer or roll over a previous IRA account

What kind of experience do the Patriot Gold Group representatives have?

Patriot Gold Group’s team of senior partners, portfolio managers and retirement specialists have extensive backgrounds and expertise in economic discrepancies, macroeconomics, currencies, global markets, venture capital, IRA diversification and long-term retirement accounts. This experience qualifies the company’s representatives to provide premium investment knowledge and proven market research to Patriot Gold Group customers.

Do we recommend Patriot Gold Group?

For consumers who want a hands-off approach to precious metals investing or prefer digital communication, Patriot Gold Group is a great choice. From its website, consumers can purchase gold and silver coins and bars, apply for a precious metals IRA, request an investor kit, review market charts and chat with Patriot Gold Group representatives.

Patriot Gold Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Patriot Gold?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Patriot Gold Group?

Original review: June 11, 2020

This was my first experience buying precious metals and I searched for a firm that was highly rated and found Patriot Gold Group. When I called the company, I was connected to Michael **, and he did an excellent job of selecting what he thought would be the best coin investment based on my needs. He was thorough in his explanations, discussed the process, and gave me time to decide. He exerted no undue pressure, nor was I bombarded with e-mails. I had ample time to do some quality checks on the company.

Our exchanges were courteous and professional, and he locked in a good price before my tentative purchase. The transaction proceeded smoothly, just as he stated, and Patriot Gold sent the coins promptly after the customary hold period to make sure the check cleared. All arrived in order and he checked to make sure I was satisfied. In summary, this is a quality company to do business with and I highly recommend Patriot Gold Group. I have already referred my brothers to the company, and I am sure they will experience the same level of high quality service. The company is a tribute to the business. – Dr. Michael

Patriot Gold response

We do not pressure you here at Patriot Gold Group. We understand that you deserve time and space to make a decision and we give that to you.

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I interviewed four Companies about transferring an IRA into Gold and Silver. Two were Organizations that advertise on TV regularly and they were discarded by me because of predatory practices and reviews. Do your homework. I narrowed it down to Patriot Gold Group and on other, My deciding factor was the honesty of Andy **. I wanted to know what my cost would be for purchasing the Gold and Silver.

I was provided the cost to the penny and that is what it cost. The other Group after a 30 minute conversation would not provide the cost- only after we started the purchase could I know. That is not acceptable to me- BLUF- They wanted to steer me into more lucrative (for them) products and not the American Eagles that I wanted. So that made my choice of The Patriot Gold Group easy. And I am pleased. They have a promotion of $2,500 in Gold and Silver delivered to you and I have not received that yet, but with the current COVID situation and the demand for physical Gold and Silver that delay is to be expected. I highly recommend Andy ** and all the folks at Patriot Gold Group- very strong customer service.

Patriot Gold response

We are glad that you did your research and that you chose the best company.

Original review: April 23, 2020

I had been considering the option of a metals based IRA for over a year. An old friend who was considering the same option advised me that he had recently completed extensive research and selected Patriot Gold Group from three finalists. We met to share and compare our research and after his recommendation, I researched Patriot further. After finding so much positive information, I decided to go with them as well. We successfully completed our first transaction in March this year. Patriot took care of all the heavy lifting and the entire operation was seamless. Knowing they were on top of the situation really took all the anxiety out of the process for me. I would consider myself a novice in the precious metals marketplace, which only serves to further spotlight the excellent service and professionalism provided by Liz **, Charley ** and Michael ** through the entire process.

As you can imagine, when I was researching the precious metals option, I came across a significant level of negative information from consumers who shared disappointing experiences with other companies that I was looking at. I found no such negative information on Patriot by the way. That is because they have a great reputation - they've obviously earned it. I'm happy to say that I was not only pleasantly surprised by my experience with Patriot, but they actually exceeded my expectations. Having spent the last thirty five years doing business in the marketplace has forced me to develop an acute sense of character in people. I can tell you that in my estimation, the folks and Patriot Gold Group are good people and I look forward to working with them for many years to come.

Patriot Gold response

Thank you for the kind words and the great amount of research that you did about our company. We believe in treating our customers fairly and it shows!

Original review: April 3, 2020

I went with Patriot Gold because I hadn't experienced their level of customer service in a very long time! I'm in my mid 50s and remember when the gas station man at Chevron checked your oil and washed your windshield. That is the kind of overall service you will receive with Patriot Gold; personal and complete. The main representative I worked with was John F. and when it came time to finish off the transaction Michael C. worked with me. I can't extend enough positive accolades to John. He is such a nice gentleman and knowledgeable in his field. If there was a question he couldn't answer for me, he talked to Michael C. and got back to me right away.

I has been experiencing some health issues and it took a couple of months for me to complete the transaction. John was very pleasant, walking me through each step because my concentration was off. By the time we were finished, I liked John so much, that I've given he and his family an open invitation to come visit my family in the country in Northern CA. Michael C. was just as amazing. He walked me through each part of the process. I am not exactly the most computer literate person in the world. Michael had the patience of a saint! It's great, too, that you get the first year's fees waived. That would not have been the reason I went with Patriot Gold. It was their customer service. I don't recall the last time I gave a rating of five stars, but in this case it is well deserved. I look forward to working with Patriot Gold and I know if you go with this company to invest, you will also.

Patriot Gold response

What an accurate way to describe what it is like working with us! Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

From the beginning there was no pressure to do anything. Every question was answered thoughtfully and thoroughly. No question was too small nor too redundant. Patriot Gold Group has stellar online reviews and rated one of the best companies to work with. Their offer for free storage fees is huge. Most competitive companies charge $200-$300 a year or more for metals storage. I had very little left after the market crash of 2008. Michael helped me cull various small IRA's and 401k's together into one portfolio. They did all the legwork for me making it not only easy but they also absorbed all the fees my current plans wanted to charge me to exit them. Nothing was too small for PGG to handle for me.

It was nice 'having people to make it all simple.' And to monitor that it all got invested properly into my new account. This was especially helpful during the stressful holidays where it would be easy to miss a step or two without their help. And I benefited from their large industrial purchases which a smaller investor like myself would never be able to do otherwise. I now rest easy knowing that my assets are safe, protected and so is my retirement. And while they will not give you 'investment advice' they will help you understand the choices you can make including the pros and cons. That was more than sufficient for me to make solid decisions about which hard assets to invest in. PGG just made the path and process easy!

Patriot Gold response

Kamala we know that so many lost in the last recession, we are happy that we were able to help you rebuild through precious metals.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

We've had the pleasure of working with Patriot Gold Group for purchases and IRA needs. I'm not exaggerating when I say that they are always responsive. Every time I have inquired or reached out they have promptly returned my call, usually within minutes. When rolling over my IRA, they willingly spent an hour ensuring the transaction was accurately completed. Patriot Gold Group is outstanding and I'm very pleased to continue working with them. You definitely can't go wrong.

Patriot Gold response

We enjoy working hard for you and believe that if you have a question we should promptly respond!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Patriot Gold's customer service is excellent. Everyone there is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. They take good care of you and do the best they can for you. They are very honest. They are always available if you have questions and explain in detail to you the answer to your question. I highly recommend this business.

Patriot Gold response

We are so thankful for your business and will always work to make sure you are well taken care of.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

I absolutely love how professional this group is. They respond right away to any question I have. I am very happy my friend told me about this opportunity. I feel safe with my decision of transferring my Roth Ira to Patriot Group. Thank you.

Patriot Gold response

We are glad to have you as part of the Patriot Gold group family.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

Working with Patriot Gold Group has been a pleasure. There is no pressure to purchase any products other than what I was interested in. My questions were answered and the items were delivered in a very timely manner. The personnel have been polite and courteous. I look forward to continued business with this company.

Patriot Gold response

We here at Patriot Gold group are committed to helping you, not telling you what to do with your hard-earned retirement. We are glad that you did not feel pressured to purchase anything in particular but were able to choose what you wanted.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

It was a great experience! I would recommend setting up a Gold and Silver IRA to anyone! I believe it will be a great investment, especially with the continued outlandish printing of our U.S. currency, which is based on nothing.

Patriot Gold response

Richard, there is a lot of printing going on in the USA. We are happy to assist you in your purchase of metals as a hedge against the current climate.

Patriot Gold Company Information