toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Elizabeth,

Thank you for leaving your review with us. We are very happy to have you as a loyal CARCHEX customer!

Original review: June 13, 2017

We had CARCHEX for the past 2.5 years and it has been a great experience so far. In the three instances that we had to use the warranty approval has been seamless and painless. We recommend the warranty to anyone that one to have a peace of mind with your used car especially if you are still paying for it.

Mervin,

We are happy to have you as a customer! Thank you for taking the time to leave your review with us, and for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: May 8, 2017

Great service, the price was perfect, awesome value... I did a lot of research and this company offer the best value for the money... great service. Customer service was excellent. Look no further. This is the company to go with. Hands down help is always there.

This was truly a different experience! Despite my concerns about scam extended warranties, I embarked on a search that led me to Carchex and Karen **. The terms of the warranty are thorough and I had it on good advice that the company behind the warranty was easy to work with, hence the 5-star rating. Now, a bit about Ms. **... Never in my 67 years have I had to deal with a sales person like her. If I could give her 10 on a 1-5 scale I would do it! Waaay too pleasant, considerate and polite to be a phone sales rep. Just a delight to work with. Thank you, Karen!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I realized my Warranty had expired when I started receiving offers from companies that offer extended warranties. I realized that I will be keeping my present car (5 years old, with 63,000 miles) for another 5 years minimum, so I started researching extended car warranties online using Google search. The search revealed two companies that were both 5 star rated. After speaking with both companies I went with Carchex. They were by far the most informative, the most relaxed, and the most helpful. I must have spent at least 30 minutes on the phone with James ** (Carchex), and because of the time, the approach, and what the policy offered, I felt very positive about purchasing a service policy with Carchex for 5 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. Because of James **, Carchex's 5 star rating and the ability to use the policy at any car repair in the U.S., with 24-hour help, plus towing, I just could not pass it up.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a very expensive vehicle and in case of a much needed repair, I didn’t wanna it to be out of my pocket. I searched all warranty companies and noticed that CARCHEX had a better plan and quality of what I needed for this particular truck. The sales rep was also great.

CARCHEX

Dave, thank you for the detailed review! Very glad to hear you have had a positive experience with us. Thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

CARCHEX has good service and I've never had a problem. I have three vehicles covered by them currently and also had one before. Everything that's covered has been covered. Whenever I've taken a car in, my service advisor takes care of the problem. I've recommended CARCHEX to a couple of people who would’ve taken advantage of it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My car have a check eng light for the throttle body. I did not like that the throttle body was not covered in my service contract. I thought I had the best coverage. I have the top plan. I wish it covered the throttle body, but it does not. Too bad it is not.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Aug. 15, 2017

UPDATE 8/15/17_I was able to speak with a CarChex manager concerning the misunderstandings and am pleased to say we were able to reach a satisfactory resolution. Thanks very much.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

I've been paying on this CarChex extended warranty since 3/2016. Had to have my 2007 Ford Explorer towed for repairs due to an overheating situation. Since I'm a member of AAA I had it towed to one of their local repair centers at 10403 Park Road. CarChex paid $189.65 less $100 deductible towards a $526.40 bill. I paid $436.75 when I only expected to pay the deductible. Although the CarChex contract says they will pay a reasonable diagnostic fee, they paid ONLY 1.1 hours of the diagnostic fee and NOTHING towards the $108.86 labor charge to actually repair the vehicle.

The repair shop charged $109.95 diagnostic fee to pressure test the system for leaks, $108.86 labor to install a thermostat assembly (thermostat + thermostat housing) costing $134.99, and a mandatory cooling system flush and fill at $72.00 labor, $57.34 parts ($29.34 coolant flush kit + $28.00 Max Life Antifreeze). When I called CarChex to explain why they were only paying $90.98 only towards $271.42 total labor charges they said they could only pay 1.1 hours of labor for any reason.

CarChex said they could only pay $61.76 towards the thermostat and housing based on parts from places like AutoZone, Pep Boys and Advance Auto. I asked her where that was written in the CarChex contract and she pointed me to the section 'If Your Vehicle Incurs a Breakdown' section 1C which says "Take your vehicle to a licensed repair facility of your choice". Since I don't have a regular mechanic I had it towed to a "licensed repair facility" which I erroneously thought would satisfy this stipulation and that all costs would be covered as per a previous extended warranty that I had before paying off the vehicle and who covered 100% of the repair costs for a radiator(no deductible on that one).

CarChex said that the service rep only said that they were repairing the thermostat and not the housing too. So I called AAA to see if that was the case and the service rep said she'd told them everything being repaired. I called CarChex back and spoke with a different customer service person and they said that AAA had not said anything about the housing and I offered to fax them the bill AAA had given me but CarChex told me to contact the repair shop. So I called AAA back and she said she did tell CarChex and furthermore that if I didn't want the mandatory flush and didn't agree with the markup on their parts that I could have my vehicle towed elsewhere. She did not give me the breakdown bill of what CarChex actually paid for along with the bill showing the total amount I had to pay but I told her I'd sort it out with CarChex later.

Upfront I'd asked her (Kaitlyn) if AAA accepted extended warranties and she assured me they did but later she couldn't figure out how to bill the charges out which made me wonder if she had indeed relayed the correct information to CarChex. I disagreed with AAA on the mandatory flush since it that had already been done previously and questioned the markup on the parts price of the thermostat assembly since I had priced it ($72.99) at the same place they got their parts and from previous experience know they have good parts.

So I basically got stuck with overpaying for a repair since CarChex decided what they would pay as opposed to paying the claim less the deductible but did not stipulate in the contract HOW they arrived at what they would pay although the CarChex contract at 2A says they would pay a reasonable diagnostic fee... but not the labor to actually repair the vehicle?!!!

I have purchased warranties from CARCHEX in the past; and I have always had good warranty sales advisors to help me. I would gladly choose to recommend CARCHEX to others when trying to purchase an extended warranty for themselves to keep the repair bills low, while repairing their personal vehicles.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Stephanie was my rep. She was courteous and answered all my questions in the way I asked. I just signed up so I can't speak on the process of a claim. But the signing up process was smooth and easy.

Verna,

Thank you for sharing your experience! Happy to hear we were able to assist in setting you up with coverage and appreciate you taking the time to leave your review with us!

Original review: July 19, 2017

I was very satisfied with my customer service. My representative was honest and provided me with a fair quote. I will definitely be recommending this company to my friends, family and neighbors. I really looking forward to everything my package has to offer and keep my mind at peace.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CARCHEX ?

Victor,

We are happy to hear Chris was able to assist you. Thank you for your review, and for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: July 18, 2017

The associate, Chris was knowledgeable and friendly and helped me through the purchase of an extended warranty for my 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4 door V6, 2 wheel drive. The price was workable for me PER month and I feel that it will be good for me when original warranty expires on my truck.

Chiquita,

Thank you for leaving your review with us! We are happy to hear you are excited and happy with your coverage. Thank you for choosing CARCHEX.

Original review: July 16, 2017

I was very pleased with my agent Jay and very happy with him finding the best coverage for my car. He took his time with me and broke down my coverage back to front and made sure I understood what I was getting, it was then very clear to me. I am excited about my coverage and the monthly payments. I will be sure to refer a friend. Thank You!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am glad to have chosen Carchex for warranty coverage. The agents were very helpful through the whole process. They worked with me to get the best plan. The agents were great. They were very knowledgeable about what they were doing. Keep up the good works. Very glad to be a customer of Carchex.

Raymond,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with Ken and he was able to assist you! Please reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding your plan.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I give Ken high marks in salesmanship. Having been a salesperson myself for my career, and a manager of an international sales force, Ken would have been a welcome addition to my team. He is knowledgeable about his product as well as knowledgeable about when to do a soft sale. I admire salespeople who are really capable and demonstrate it when they have a skeptical customer. He won me over with knowing my history with CARCHEX and reviewing why I had left as a customer. The first rule in salesmanship so as not to oversell your product.

Tiana,

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are happy to hear Nick was able to assist you.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I had the pleasure of working with Nick and he was awesome, very kind, patient and helpful. He definitely would be recommended. He went over everything with me and made sure I understood what it was that I was purchasing and I was ok with the purchase before paying. Thanks Nick.

John,

Thank you for sharing your detailed experience with us. We are very glad to hear Nick was able to assist in setting you up with coverage. Thank you for the review, and for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: July 9, 2017

I was pleased with the approach to the sales process that valued concise information over sales tactics. I'm a retired sales professional so I know the difference. The pricing structure was reality based from the start instead of promising discounts from an inflated starting point. The explanation of benefits was way more informative and much clearer than the next in line competitor. This was due in large part to Nick's, the sales person, professional integrity. Good job, Nick, and thank you. I'm very pleased with my purchase.

Tokunbo,

We are pleased to hear Eric was able to assist you. Thank you for leaving your review with us!

Original review: July 5, 2017

Eric was very helpful and thorough with the sale info. I will recommend him to customers. I appreciated his help and efforts making sure I got the right value for my money. He knows exactly what fit customers' budget.

Christine,

We appreciate you leaving your review with us. Thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: July 2, 2017

Had a great experience signing up, Drew ** is a great rep and was quick and efficient. I feel I am in good hands. Thanks for the help and your patience as I tracked down my actual mileage. Keep up the good work and I hope I don't have to contact you too soon... LOL.

Factual basis uncertain

I got a warranty in April and my O2 sensor just went out and they denied the claim. When I called to ask why it was denied the Rep said because air fuel sensor is not covered. Well, I talked to several different mechanics who all told me the same thing, the air fuel sensor is a newer terminology for 02 sensor. Rep was not helpful or knowledgeable. I had the dealership submit the claim again under a 02 sensor. The dealership said they came back and CARCHEX would only cover 240 dollars!

The reason I have this warranty is so I don't have to pay out of pocket for repairs that are covered on the warranty. Also all parts they use are aftermarket which is stupid for the price you pay for this warranty. All I should have to pay is my deductible. The dealership also said they are a horrible company and don't want to work with them because the "national" labor rate they use is too low and they don't make any money. The dealership did agree to fix and take a loss. After this claim is done I will probably cancel and get a Nissan warranty for half the price or just save the 140.00 a month I spend on this for any unexpected repairs. Waste of time and money.

Audrey,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience! We are very glad to hear LaShawna was able to assist and set you up with coverage for your vehicle. Please reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding your plan!

Original review: June 30, 2017

In speaking with Ms. LaShawna ** on Thursday, June 29th, it was a very pleasant and enjoyable experience. Upon my returning her call, I was able to express what I was looking for because I had conducted research on my own. I explained that I did not want to speak with a representative without having some facts under my belt. She went through the process in details. I told her that I wanted to make sure the Honda dealership would accept the vehicle service contract. She assured me that they would, but I explained that I wanted them to confirm that fact. The cost was surprising to me. I had to ask several times if I was hearing correctly.

In my research I had found that most companies were asking much more with the mileage I have on my car. Even though, the mileage is not very high. She is a great representative working for your company. I told her once I receive confirmation from the Honda dealership, I would let her know. I am so glad that she was assigned to work with me for the next four years. Again, thank you for assigning her to me.

Marc,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Please feel free to reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding your protection plan.

Original review: June 28, 2017

Very, friendly and easy experience. Rep was very personable and knowledgeable. Provided all options and helped identify a policy that worked great for me. Very pleased with CARCHEX. I will definitely recommend CARCHEX. Keep up the good work. Thank you!

Quadir,

We are happy to hear Kenisha was able to assist in setting you up with coverage. Thank you for leaving your review!

Original review: June 26, 2017

Service Representative Kanisha ** very helpful, polite and patient. Her consultation was very helpful in my deciding on what coverage to purchase. I must she was very consistent in her attempt to make contact with me. I had been putting off the warranty coverage on my vehicle for some time now. With the representative's consistent, polite, non aggressive attitude made it easy for me to finally come to the conclusion to make purchase. Thank you.

Jim,

Thank you for choosing CARCHEX, and for leaving your review with us. Please reach out should you have any additional questions regarding your plan!

Original review: June 23, 2017

Sales rep was a bit persistent but every good sales rep knows it usually takes seven contacts before a customer buys or not. The product offers great coverage and the pricing was in order. I would recommend CARCHECK to a friend.

Ella,

Thank you for leaving your review! We are very glad to have been able to help, and are looking forward to continue having you as a CARCHEX customer!

Original review: June 23, 2017

I had this car warranty plan with my previous car, and used it quite a few times in the 4 years. I'm sure it paid for itself a few times over with the repairs to my Pontiac Torrent. The Pontiac is still running strong, thanks in part to timely repairs since I didn't have to save up lots of money to get it fixed. Only $100 for a copay on all work done.

William,

Thank you for leaving your review with us! Please feel free to reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding your protection plan.

Original review: June 21, 2017

I been looking to get car insurance for awhile at Carchex. Was the best price and coverage. Hands down. I've got a quote from all the big name companies and I kept comparing them to carchex. I've had car insurance before and they only allow you to use certain mechanics. No car rental or roadside service.

Michele,

Glad to hear David was able to assist you. Please reach out should you have any additional questions regarding your plan. Thank you for leaving your review with us!

Original review: June 21, 2017

David ** was very informational about all that we had discussed on getting an extended warranty for my 2014 Kia Optima. I do not think that I could have picked a better place than CARCHEX to go with an extended warranty. Thank You.

Tony,

We are very happy to have you as a loyal CARCHEX customer! Thank you for leaving your review with us, we certainly appreciate your time!

Original review: June 19, 2017

I have had a 3 year Warranty with very few claims. However, when we did use the warranty we had hassle free and professional service! Highly recommend CARCHEX! I have had such great service that I recently purchased another 2 year warranty. Once again we had very professional and courteous help throughout the process.

Wallace,

Thank you for taking the time your leave your review. We are happy to have you as a customer! Please reach out any time should you have any additional questions regarding your plan.

Original review: June 17, 2017

I love the sale person ability to explain the coverage and the warranty in details and hopefully if something happens to my vehicle in the near future it's taken care of as explained in the welcome package and hopefully we can continue to do great business together.

Bernard,

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with Shanita! Thank you for leaving your review with us!

Original review: June 16, 2017

I am so satisfied with my enrollment experience. Shaunita was very patient with me, as I had to reschedule a few times before I was able to join. She was professional and gave me any info that I inquired. She was so sweet and I enjoyed speaking with her. I felt like I was to be in good hands for any issues that may arise. Thanks so much for good company people.

Linda,

We appreciate your detailed review and are happy to have you as a customer! Please feel free to reach out should you have any additional questions regarding your plan. Thank you for choosing CARCHEX.

Original review: June 15, 2017

I was actively looking for an extended warranty for a handicap accessible van that I had recently purchased. I had a plan to get at least 3 estimates. The first company I contacted was among the top 3 rated companies but the representative was a little pushy and only offered a discount if I signed up that day. Did not like that approach. I submitted a request for a quote to Carchex and received a call from a very informative and professional gentleman. He was very helpful and did not pressure to sign up that day. He emailed me information which allowed me to discuss with our son and we set a time for a callback the next day. I was extremely pleased with the entire process and did do a contract with Carchex. Would highly recommend this company to anyone seeking an extended warranty for their vehicle.

Desmond,

Thank you for choosing CARCHEX. We appreciate your review! Please reach out should you have any additional questions.

Original review: June 15, 2017

I am a new client. I had shopped around and ask a few friends about Carchex. I found that the 2nd gentleman addressed my concerns which was price and activation time. There wasn't any hassle and Drama while dealing with them. Now we shall see what the future gives.

Paul,

Thank you for leaving your detailed review with us. We are happy to hear Dan was able to assist in setting you up with your protection plan. Thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: June 14, 2017

I purchased a 5 year/60K warranty for my Mercedes CLS 550. Dan ** was the representative who had helped me and answered my questions. I had checked with two of your competitors and although the CARCHEX warranty was more expensive by approximately 1,000.00, I bought because of Dan. He was thorough in his explanation, no pressure, and I felt like I trusted his representation of CARCHEX more than the others that I spoke with.

Gampa,

Thank you for the review, and for choosing CARCHEX! We are happy to have you as a customer.

Original review: June 14, 2017

Mercedes warranty: Sales associate ** was helpful, professional and knowledgeable. He was working with me patiently in selecting the Platinum coverage for my car. Job well done. I had extended coverage for my vehicle before with another company and was not satisfied with their service support.

Bobbie,

we are glad to hear Kevin was able to set you up with your Protection Plan. thank you for your review!

Original review: June 13, 2017

Just purchased a vehicle protection plan through CARCHEX. Customer service representative was Kevin **, very knowledgeable, polite and respectful. Felt at ease talking with him. So far, I would recommend to a friend. Hope my experience with CARCHEX will continue to be good.

Alan,

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed working with your Vehicle Protection Specialist. Please reach out should you have any additional questions regarding your plan.

Original review: June 13, 2017

The customer service person (Ms. **) was excellent. She was patient well informed about the various plans and helped me make an informed choice. Would recommend to friends and family. Haven't used the policy yet but would hope that the experience would match that of the initial contact.

CARCHEX Company Profile