4.67/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

CARCHEX

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

We're passionate about advocating to help consumers throughout the entire process of purchasing and maintaining a car. CARCHEX Vehicle Protection Specialists are committed to providing consumers with peace of mind by listening to the specific needs of each customer to find the highest level of coverage at the lowest possible price.

CARCHEX Video
CARCHEX Gallery (1)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 17, 2017

1394 CARCHEX Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Warranty on a car out of warranty - Cleared up my confusion. Got me a better deal than what I had been offered by mail. They were patient with me and I felt ignorant and hysterical. But the best thing of all, they are a BBB member and that is most important. Those others are not. So I am happy.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I just want to thank CarChex for being persistent in getting me to secure coverage on my 2015 Ford Escape. They have been vigil in getting me coverage. There were times that special offers were available and they made them known but I could not take advantage at the time. The seller was always understandable and made allowances for me to let them know when I was financially ready to buy this contract.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Honestly I wouldn’t recommend a few of my friends to join this team of CARCHEX. I was very satisfied with the service and the quality of coverage that this package provided me and Ryan best customer service skills. He reached out to me. He explained everything to me and I’m numerous occasions called to confirm if I’m still going to accept the package. Overall great guy.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Julius ** was very professional and knowledgeable. He explained my options and was not pushy in trying to sell me coverage. I received a phone call within minutes of filling in an request online. I thought the coverage offered was what I was looking for and hopefully will have a good relationship with this company.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I was told when I bought this contract that if I had a problem take my vehicle to the dealership and the inspector would be out there within 24 hours. But like I was lied to and because when I took it to the dealer they said it could take up to three days for the inspector to get there and they don't pay for a rental car till after the inspector gets there. I'm handicap. Cannot do without my van so I wouldn't have to pay for the rental upfront.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CARCHEX ?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Exceptional service. Very patient explaining everything to an old lady. He took a lot of time to be sure that I understood everything that I was getting. He also went over all of the numbers for the mileage and made sure that they matched. Very honest and an asset to your company.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

"CARCHEX" lies to you. They told me my warranty purchase covers all electrical parts of my vehicle. But once I finally use the warranty service they deny the claim. Saying (my car's too old). So I cancel the plan. Then they promise me a prorated refund for at least $200 but they only gave me back $70.59. Don't let them fool you! They will tell you anything to get a sale. Plus it took 2 to almost 3 months for the refund which is BS.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I would like to say Mr. ** has great customer service and understanding. He took me through the steps many times and was friendly about it. I would recommend my family and friends to Mr. ** and I've told many family how happy I am to getting my car under warranty. I've found the deals to be very reasonable and affordable and the coverage to be great. What everyone needs to have on their automobile. Thank you for the great experience and I'm happy to be using CARCHEX.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Ryan was very professional, knowledgeable and patient. I will recommend this company to everyone I know who has a car and needs a extended warranty. That was all I have to say about my experience with CARCHEX and with the worker Ryan... Thanks Ryan.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

CARCHEX was a big help in repairs on my 2010 6 Cylinder Chevy Malibu. In fact I will be renewing once a year to keep Extended Warranty Coverage. CARCHEX was recommended to me by Chevrolet Customer Service Representative who informed me that they always send Chevrolet Customers over to CARCHEX for Extended Coverage. Thanks!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

This is the first time I have purchased this type of Warranty for a Used Auto, but I buy it because Carfax with all its prestige is backing the company that covers my plan. I hope I have no nasty Surprise during this contract.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Great communication at all times between the company and us. From the time I first started to research this purchase and actually made it, about 9 months went by. My salesman was always quick to answer my calls and knowledgeable about your product choices. It's been a good experience.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Silver Coverage Warranty - The company had a lot of patience with me and they work with me until the day that I had the funds to get it started. I am very pleased that I chose this company. I did my homework first and look it up and YouTube so that I could be more familiarized with the company and its status. Thank you for being there for me.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Having a vehicle protection plan is valuable so that I wouldn’t have some couple thousand dollar bill come up in the future for a car repair that I didn’t anticipate. It’s better to bite the smaller bullet than take the big one. When my original coverage from Toyota had expired, I looked at the several options available and did some comparisons. I called in at CARCHEX and set up my plan. It was hard to follow and understand what their protection specialist was trying to promote but I have a better feel of everything now.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I'm still satisfied with my car and I wanted to keep it longer beyond the original warranty. I found CARCHEX online and I talked to someone over the phone and he was very courteous and knowledgeable. It was a good experience and CARCHEX should keep up the good work.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Corey reached out to me after I had shopped around for extended coverage with multiple companies. He never pressured me for his business but rather well educated me on everything to help me make an informed decision. It is without hesitation that I went with CARCHEX after reviewing their coverage, price, time in the industry, backing partners, and third party reviews.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I just purchased a vehicle and I wanted to get an extended warranty. My brother in law has Carchex and he gave me their number. I talked to Jay on the phone and I was very pleased with him. He walked me on through the process and explained to me the benefits. I am very pleased with their process and how that went. An extended warranty is something that anyone must have. This is my third BMW and I already experienced having repairs that I had to pay out of pocket. You'd feel comfortable that you've got a cushion there in the event that a repair is needed. The extended warranty is very valuable and it's worth it.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

My vehicle is still in good shape but it has a lot of miles on it. I wanted its motor and transmission covered so I did some research and found CARCHEX to have good reviews. Their rep was also really good. We went back and forth on the emails and she had all the answers. Overall, having a vehicle protection plan is a wise decision and would be really valuable if I had to have a motor replaced.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I needed a warranty and I was referred to CARCHEX by another person. I called their number and the person I dealt with was knowledgeable and courteous. They were efficient with the application process.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I drive my 2016 car to work for two to three days a week and I already drove 35,000 miles. And since I didn't buy a warranty from the dealer, I decided to buy it in case something happens. I knew a dealer that would charge about $2,500 for extended warranty. So I did some shopping online and found CARCHEX to be the most reasonable. I called them and they were very helpful. They gave me all the information, and answered all of my questions. It was a positive first experience.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I have a car that runs good and it’s in great shape, and I will hang on to it for a while. After all, it’s cheaper to get an extended warranty than it is to get a new car. So I went online and researched for companies that had good ratings with BBB. One of them was CARCHEX. The representative I spoke with was very informative. He was very friendly and he thoroughly assisted me. So far, it's been good. I just hope that what I was told and what’s written in the vehicle protection plan comes through. A lot of places don’t.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I purchased a used car from somebody I didn’t know and I had run a fact check report on the car and saw CARCHEX as an option. It was very easy to purchase a vehicle protection plan. Their specialist knew what he was talking about. The warranty I received in the mail matched what he said. He was generally good and he thoroughly assisted me.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I already have insurance on a vehicle and it's come in handy. And then, I have another vehicle with mileage that is getting up so I looked into getting an extended coverage. I did some research, and from reading the reviews, CARCHEX sounded like it'll be a good choice. And it was easy making the purchase. I called and the rep walked me through all the programs, and I signed up right there and then. I have his phone number and email address if I have any questions.

The protection plan is very valuable, especially because my vehicle is getting up there in the mileage. It's a peace of mind to have insurance for everything else, so I might as well have it for an expensive vehicle. I'm hoping I don't ever have to use it but at least I know it's there. Overall, the experience was straightforward. They sent me the contract so I can review it myself and there’s a chance to cancel within three months. So they gave me plenty of time.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Ryan the CARCHEX rep was excellent in telling me about extending my auto warranty and processing my order. It was a good experience. Would recommend a CARCHEX warranty as it is a good product and backed by a good company.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I wanted my car to be protected and when I received a letter from CARCHEX, I called them. The rep was pretty good and explained to me what the warranty is going to cover. He was friendly and helpful as well. I just got the warranty and it's very valuable. I don't understand much about cars though and my boyfriend will be calling CARCHEX to make sure he knows all about it. I'll find out more information from him and know much better about my warranty.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Excellent customer service, the rep, Corey was to the point and offered the best warranty services. I love that you didn't have no down payment and the first month is waive. The monthly payment is under $120. I'll recommend anyone to CARCHEX. One thing I think should change as long as a member referred someone even if it is a family member he/she should get some type of gift card to show that CARCHEX value your service.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I was looking into acquiring an extended coverage for my vehicle and tried a couple of companies. But CARCHEX’s price was right in the ballpark so I bought a plan from them. The protection specialists fed me answers to questions and there was no problem at all. It’s good to have an insurance policy in case of any problems. And if the truck gets a little older, it's going to be more valuable.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

CARCHEX gave us more with our package deal than anybody else did and having a protection plan means a lot for us. The rep was very helpful with us in explaining the package deals and he gave us a few days to think about it and he wasn’t pressuring us into it. It’s excellent service, overall.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I had good experience with my previous warranty and since I wanted to give myself a little peace of mind, I looked into getting an extended coverage. CARCHEX was able to price match with someone different and give an additional year on the warranties. It was easy to purchase the warranty but I was highly pressured to do it. The particular customer service rep that called me back was a little pushy and rude. He was a little overzealous. He called me about six times in three days because it was near the end of the month. I didn't realize I was calling so closely in the month to where it was going to put him under a talisman to try to get me to buy it but the warranty itself seemed to be fairly straightforward.

CARCHEX itself had a good name, and I figured that was good enough. And on the first call that the rep did, I sent him information to price match and I told him I was looking at another company previously. He immediately pulled them up and tried to tell me how horrible they were according to the Yelp reviews. There was one negative review out there and it was from 2012. It's not very good way to bad mouth the competition in order to sell your product. And then, he sent me a quote which was way high. I sent him what I was looking at which was better-priced. Overall, he was no help in the process. I kind of wanted him to step out of the way of the process and just let me look it over and do it as I thought. But in the end, they price matched and gave me the extra year.

I wouldn't have gotten the warranty if I decided later on that I didn't want it. I was thankful that I had 30 days to cancel. I didn't want to lose it but I didn't really have time to go through it as well as I wanted to before I had to pull the trigger. I was a little pressured to do so, so I went ahead and got it so it wouldn't disappear. The rep left a message that said, "It's the end of the month, I'm not sure if you're going to do it or not. But since it's the end of the month. They're not going to keep it out there long." So I went online and did it myself.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

CARCHEX has been my extended warranty since I've had the car in 2000. Their reps explained everything to me to the best of their ability and they told me what I have with the package. My experience in getting them was good although I have never had to use their services as of yet. I've got a good vehicle and it's good to have somebody that I could call when needed and it won't be a problem. I didn't use the first $2,000 that I paid out for the warranty at all. I didn't even know the warranty has ended until I sent something in and they sent a check back telling me that I paid it out in full because I never used it. It would be stupid to have a car and not have a protection plan or extended warranty on it because the maintenance cost is too high. So far, the amount and the package that I have will serve me well.

CARCHEX Company Information