Call toll free
4.69/5
Based on 559 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

We're passionate about advocating to help consumers throughout the entire process of purchasing and maintaining a car. CARCHEX Vehicle Protection Specialists are committed to providing consumers with peace of mind by listening to the specific needs of each customer to find the highest level of coverage at the lowest possible price.

CARCHEX Video
CARCHEX Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1898 CARCHEX Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 14, 2018

I ran out of coverage at 77 miles and I wanted some more peace of mind as far as the repairs go. I'm a fan of warranties so I decided to look into getting extended coverage. CARCHEX offered the most extensive warranty coverage as far as the deductible goes. Buying my protection plan was easy. I called Ben, the sales rep, and he told me what I could cover. He was a very entertaining. He gave me a bunch of options and told me to get back to CARCHEX when everything was all set and ready to go. Also, he called me one time when I wasn’t really available and I told him to call me back at a specific time and he kept to it. Ben was great and everything was really easy going. I've told my friends to look into getting a warranty with this company.

Top 1898 Reviews and Complaints about CARCHEX

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 13, 2018

CARCHEX's reps helped me get coverage for our used car so if anything happens to the vehicle, I won't have to pay out of pocket to get it fixed. They did their job and the telephone conversations I've had with them have been fine. However, I wasn't told in the beginning that the price would go up. It increased since past month and the original plan I had expired and it is no longer available. We would have to get another one and it's more expensive. Still, I like having a vehicle protection plan. You never know what will happen and if you don't have it, you'll be up a creek without a paddle. But if you have it, it keeps you from having to figure how you'd pay for whatever is wrong with the vehicle that the warranty covers.

Original review: July 12, 2018

It’s invaluable to have a vehicle protection plan because if you get caught without it you are subject to a lawsuit. My car was a used vehicle and it wasn’t covered by a warranty. I needed transportation. I had to take what I could afford and the loan company came without a warranty. I had to hurry up and get something ‘cause you’re gonna have crap having a used car. It happens even with new cars. So I went to the internet to see extended coverage companies that were rated highly, how they were rated, and how much coverage they gave me. I decided on CARCHEX after a long time because there were a lot of people out there doing it. The rep was very persistent and professional at the same time. However, I have not gotten my contract and I need to review it.

Ervin,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your review! In regards to your contract, if you have not received in the mail within 14 business days please reach out to us directly and we would be more than happy to send out another copy!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 11, 2018

I ended up going with Endurance for multiple reasons. One they offered a end to end while Carchex does not. Two I liked Endurance sales tactics better than Carchex. Carchex takes this very aggressive give me your card number and then learn about the plan. While Endurance was let me answer every question and if you want then give me the card number. Both tactics are fine, but Deshan ** seemed not to want to answer all my questions after I purchased the plan. He answered one and then ignored the rest. While Endurance spent time answering my questions and didn’t seem annoyed by them. This is a business - you gotta answer your customers questions.

Charles,

Thanks for speaking with me today about your recent experience. We are glad we were able to review your calls with our staff and address your concerns.

CARCHEX has always held customer experience in the highest regard. From our CEO down to our newest team members, our customer feedback has helped CARCHEX continually improve our services to become one of the most highly trusted Vehicle Service Contract companies in the industry.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Best,

Jason Nierwienski

CARCHEX Director of Customer Service

Original review: July 10, 2018

Besides insurance, one has gotta have a vehicle protection plan so you’re not behind. My vehicle is an older one and I wanted to make sure that it stayed in good condition. CARCHEX gave me the quote and they have the simplest service standpoint.

Jeremichael,

Thank you for leaving your review with us. We appreciate the feedback!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CARCHEX ?

Original review: July 9, 2018

I searched for auto warranties and I thought CARCHEX was a little pricier than other competitors but they had a better package so I decided to go with them. The extended auto warranty is for my peace of mind and having some edge if I get into any problems. I enjoyed doing the sale with CARCHEX and I had a good experience purchasing the plan. It was very professional and very knowledgeable. The sales ability of the salespeople was fine. I feel good and I’m glad I got the vehicle protection plan.

Eric,

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: July 9, 2018

My car was over 130,000 miles and I googled what was the top companies to get extended coverage. The first one was Endurance and CARCHEX was number two. I spoke to a rep at CARCHEX and then I was transferred to the supervisor, and they were awesome. I told them I talked to Endurance and they would tell me at the time they were gonna extend it. So CARCHEX quoted me a different amount that was much more affordable and I decided to do that one. They were very helpful and they went out of their way to make the coverage where I can afford it, which was what I needed. It was very important for me and they did that.

Ronda,

We appreciate your review, and are glad we could assist! Please feel free to reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding your plan. Thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: July 8, 2018

My truck is almost 10 years old and it has over 100,000 miles on it, so things are gonna start breaking down. On a 10-year old car, having a vehicle protection plan is very valuable. There were a couple of companies that I called and CARCHEX was one that worked with me. When I told the rep that I wanted to know what their different policies were and I asked that they send them to me by email, they were more than willing to do that. I told him I would call back and I never did, but he followed up and answered my questions and never pressured me. When he finally called me, I was in a time and place to actually make the deal, so I took out my credit card and I took care of it. Every other company was trying to sell me something and I don’t respond to high-pressure sales, so I hang up the phone or I walk out of the store. But when CARCHEX gave me the time to review the policies, I was very pleased.

Philip,

We appreciate your review! Happy we could assist in setting you up with coverage for your vehicle. Thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: July 7, 2018

I bought a car that was a little older and I couldn't get a coverage for it. So I wanted to go ahead and get an extended coverage. Purchasing a protection plan from CARCHEX was easy. The guy I spoke with gave me the prices on some of the best coverage and told me everything I needed to know. He got it done quickly too. Furthermore, he was also able to answer all the questions I had and he was able to go into the details of what the plan covered.

While the people at CARCHEX are honest, some people may not be able to afford the highest coverage. So they should start with the lowest and tell them what they will be getting. By the time they get to the highest, they'll be able to have their mind set on what the best coverage will be. In closing, having a vehicle protection plan is valuable cause you never know when something could happen. It's always good to know you're covered when it comes to certain things with your car. Given my experience, I would recommend CARCHEX and if friends would ask about them, I'll ask what kind of car it is and what coverage are they looking for. Then, I would definitely go into detail about the actual coverage that I have and see if that's what they wanna do.

Dominique,

Thank you for leaving your review with us! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to have you as a CARCHEX customer.

Original review: July 6, 2018

My vehicle is a BMW 745iL and I purchased it at such a great price and in very good shape. The Audi dealership that I bought it from suggested two warranty companies, then I looked into both and I figured CARCHEX was the one that had the best credentials. The salesman Jay was very adamant about the backing of various agencies and he gave me good references to think of. He was a very nice fella and did a good job representing the company.

Chris,

Glad Jay could assist in setting you up with coverage for your BMW. Thank you for leaving your review with us!

Original review: July 6, 2018

We bought a car from our friend and we spent a lot of money on it, so I went to the Ford dealership to ask them about their extended warranty. I thought it over from the computer to see what CARCHEX was saying versus what the Ford dealership was saying as far as the extended warranty, and CARCHEX was better. The gentleman who I spoke with was very pleasant and non-assertive. I had an enjoyable conversation with him. He took care of everything right away which was wonderful. It was a good experience. I would certainly recommend CARCHEX to anyone that needs the protection.

Connie,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Very glad to hear your Protection Specialist was able to assist you. We appreciate your review.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I needed an extended coverage for my vehicle as the manufacturer’s warranty I had was running out. CARCHEX was recommended to me. When I purchased my protection plan, their representative was helpful. Having the vehicle protection plan is really valuable and every time I had an issue, the dealership called CARCHEX and they came out, moved in and the work was done.

Linda,

Thank you for leaving your review with us! Very glad we could assist.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I've had an extended coverage for my vehicle with CARCHEX for almost two years. It started off with a report from them on the car that I was buying, then I saw that they also provided extended warranties. I looked them up and I liked what I saw, so I signed up with them. I've had a fantastic and very pleasant experience. Their staff was courteous and very knowledgeable and professional. They explained the different packages and the payment methodology for each package, and I got the best package for my needs. When you come off of the manufacturer's warranty, that's typically when stuff starts to break, so having that extended warranty is a lifesaver.

Preston,

We appreciate your review and are glad we could assist in setting you up with coverage for your vehicle. Thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: July 4, 2018

Having a vehicle protection plan is great for what I bought which was a salvaged title vehicle. It only had 20,000 miles on it and I was looking to put a warranty on it. Prior to CARCHEX getting back at me, I checked with somebody else so I knew what the price was going for a vehicle protection plan. The person I worked with was good and he did everything professionally. I tried to get the price for $85 lower and he talked to his manager, and they went ahead and got it to $85 lower. I may end up getting other insurance through them as he told me that they go in with car tax as well and that’s always a plus for me.

Robert,

Thank you for your review! Please reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding your plan.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I bought a used car but it falls in the luxury category. I've never owned an expensive vehicle and I was worried that the repairs are gonna cost too much. The warranty on it also expires in a couple of years so I was looking to exchange that warranty. I thought a vehicle protection plan would be helpful, just to get that peace of mind. CARCHEX was rated pretty high on a few websites that I saw and Brian, the person I was talked to, was very helpful. He explained everything very nicely through the whole process.

Kanwalpreet,

Very glad we could assist in setting you up with coverage for your vehicle! thank you for leaving your review with us!

Original review: July 3, 2018

I purchased a used car whose manufacturer's warranty had run out. I wanted to get extended coverage for it so that if something goes wrong, the car would have insurance. And CARCHEX was the first provider that called me. Their sales team was pushy and told me, "Get it right now because we can match anywhere you like if you get it right now." Still, they gave me all the information and I went ahead with purchasing it. They seem to be a good company. However, I found somebody else that provides the same coverage but is cheaper.

Frank,

We appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to reach out to us directly at anytime should you have any additional questions regarding your plan.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I’ve used CARCHEX before and they were pretty impressive, and purchasing my protection plan this time went through the same way the first one did. Carrie, their salesman, was personable and he knew his stuff. He took his time explaining everything and had no problem going through the contract with me line by line. He was very patient and he also respected my privacy. I’d direct my friends straight to Carrie to talk.

Lee,

Glad to hear Cary was able to assist you. We appreciate your review, and thank you for be a loyal CARCHEX customer!

Original review: July 2, 2018

Having a vehicle protection plan seemed to be the intelligent thing to do and it made reasonable sense to me. I signed up with Ryan and he was very accommodating, and he's probably the reason I decided to go with CARCHEX. He was informative and helpful. He also made me aware of some things that I didn't know, such as when I buy through a dealer, it would be an agreement versus a contract. I called my nephew who is my attorney and he explained that Ryan was right. I had a good experience and I'm very satisfied.

Ronald,

Very glad Ryan could assist you. Thank you for your review!

Original review: July 1, 2018

When you buy a used vehicle, you don't know what you're getting. But I know what I have because I've taken care of it. I was either going to extend the coverage on my car or buy a smaller car but since I had invested so much in my 2006 Ford, I just spent as much money getting an insurance to cover any malfunctions down the line because I really take care of my vehicle. I found CARCHEX online, called in, signed up and paid the money. They deduct the fee from my checking account so I don't really feel it. I don't mind investing the $134 month for 24 months to get me along for three years. I'm 75 years old and I'm not gonna be around forever. So, I just want to have a nice, comfortable vehicle to get around then. But sometimes, it's a hassle proving that I need coverage on something.

One time, I had an accident. I had a little issue with the doors not closing and at first, they told me it was covered. And then, they told me it wasn't. And then, they told me it was. So, I took the car to my Ford dealership before they changed their mind. They took care of the damage, I paid my $100 and that was it. But they didn't really mention the options available during sign up. They told me they'd send me the manual that has everything in it, but there's just a lot of pages in there and then there's a fine print. And if it's in the fine print, you don't really read it until you need it. And they'd say, "Well, you didn't read page so and so? Well, it wasn't covered." Nevertheless, it's good to know that CARCHEX is there. It looks like any insurance wherein you don't really know until you need it. But if you do, you know it's there.

Alejo,

We appreciate you leaving your review with us! Please reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding your plan. Thank you for choosing CARCHEX.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I always try to keep protection on all my vehicles, and I got a policy from CARCHEX. The protection specialist who assisted me was very helpful. Everything has gone well so far, and I'll recommend CARCHEX.

Lindon,

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: June 29, 2018

Last March 19th I bought a BMW 328i. It's a 2014 and it had 46,000 miles. It's a very expensive car to maintain and I wouldn't buy a car like that unless I had a warranty on it. So I had bought an extended warranty from the dealership. But when I checked into it, I discovered that I got a bum rap. I can't allow myself to be put in a situation where I have repairs and only to find out that the warranty is no good. So before that happens, I proactively decided to go with CARCHEX after I went on Google and did some research. I was very pleased with their A+ credit rating.

Purchasing the warranty was good. The agent that dealt with me was very knowledgeable, professional, helpful and very good at what he did. I would do business with that particular agent again. When he wasn't able to answer some questions, he brought his manager on the phone. I was very impressed with that. One of the things that really got me sold on CARCHEX was that he was the one who looked up on Google Maps the warranty company that I got from the dealership and saw that the company was in business for less than two years, doesn't have a website, was not with the Better Business Bureau, and was really in a house. I wouldn't buy anything from a company that was in business for less than two years if I knew about it.

Initially, that company told me that I have 48,000 miles, 48 months warranty. But when I called, they told me that I only had 24 months and 24,000 miles. That was what got me going and I went and filed a claim in the small claims court to get my money back. Hopefully, when I get that money back, I'd be able to pay off my obligation to CARCHEX.

CARCHEX also sent an email after the transaction with all the information and how to contact them. They walked me through the process of looking at their website and all that good stuff. They were very thorough. I'm really impressed with CARCHEX and from my initial experience with them, they're a great company. I would definitely recommend them to friends and family. I hope that if I ever have to file a claim with them, I would be equally impressed.

Veronica,

We really appreciate your thorough review! thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Happy we could assist, and to have you as a CARCHEX customer. Please reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding your plan, and thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: June 29, 2018

The vehicle that I purchased had more mileage than what I'm used to and is more of a luxury car, so I wanted to make sure that it was covered. I wouldn't be paying extra out-of-pocket for any problems I'd have possibly down the road, so I acquired an extended coverage. I was doing research and CARCHEX was the only company that came up.

The protection specialists that I worked with tried to find what was best for me, made sure that the price was good enough for me and did not try to overprice something or have me overpay when I wasn’t comfortable with it. They made sure I was okay before they went ahead or made sure I was comfortable with whatever they were offering. They thoroughly assisted me and went a little beyond my expectations. However, I didn't sign anything or agree to them taking out any money. I was taking a flight and paying for my bags, and I looked at my account and I only had a dollar in there. I didn't talk to CARCHEX before that, so I canceled the policy.

Chivonnis,

We appreciate your review. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance to you in the future!

Original review: June 28, 2018

The dealer warranty on my vehicle was up and I got extended coverage for it. I went with CARCHEX due to their ratings. I checked out two other warranty providers and one didn't have good ratings. After hearing that I had a quote from the other company that had good ratings, CARCHEX gave me a price that saved me $9 a month and they ended up beating the price out of this company. The purchasing process was very smooth and easy, and it was faster than purchasing from Endurance Warranty. Everything was nice and the reps didn't waste my time. Having a protection plan has been very valuable, from past experience. I previously had a used car and got a warranty for it, and I would've been screwed without that warranty. The warranty company paid in my claims for repairs, and I would not have been able to come up with that money. With CARCHEX, everything was fine and I would recommend them.

Anna,

Thank you for leaving your review with us! We appreciate your feedback, and are glad we could assist you!

Original review: June 27, 2018

I’ve got a limited income and I can't afford expensive car repairs. I still have a couple of years on my vehicle and the warranty has expired. CARCHEX's reviews online convinced me to go buy an extended warranty from them. Upon buying the plan, they needed to know my VIN number and mileage. They also told me the different packages they had available. My rep was very patient. I told him to go ahead and call me back in a month and see where I was and he did exactly that. I also told him that I prefer being emailed or texted and that I did not want a bunch of phone calls all the time and he emailed me and sent me information. It wasn't pushy. CARCHEX has handled things in a professional and non-invasive manner and I would recommend them.

Kathleen,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback, and are glad we could assist you. Please reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding your plan.

Original review: June 27, 2018

We bought a car and it was required to have a warranty. I heard about CARCHEX where I bought the car and I really like them. How they set up and work with their customers is really nice. I was with my mom when we set up the coverage and the rep was so polite and helpful. When he told me the prices, I was like, “I really don’t know because of how the finances are." Then he said he would extend and lower it, and that worked really good. We've been in it for a couple of weeks and knowing that the car is covered if anything happens to it gives me a good feeling.

Christine,

Glad to hear you enjoyed speaking with your Protection Specialist. Thank you for leaving your review with us!

Original review: June 26, 2018

Mr. ** answered all my questions completely. The manner in which the plans were compared made it easier to make a decision. Another competitor only provided a contract without providing a separate listing of the components covered which limited a clearer understanding. Mr. ** reviewed all the components and related costs to ensure a complete understanding.

Lon and Kathy,

Very glad to hear your Protection Specialist was able to assist! Please feel free to reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding your plan. Thank you for choosing CARCHEX, and for leaving your review with us!

Original review: June 26, 2018

Having a protection plan is valuable. I do a lot of travel and I drive my kids around from karate and events so I wanted coverage for my vehicle. It’s good to make sure I have a reliable vehicle and no surprise bills. The other carriers didn’t get back to me promptly but the CARCHEX rep was friendly and persistent. I was always under a time crunch when we talked, but she did great. Their purchasing process wasn’t difficult although I was hoping to get more information on exactly how much coverage I'd have, but I guess it will come in the mail. So far, it has been pleasant dealing with CARCHEX.

Darvise,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Very glad your protection specialist was able to assist! Yes, you will be mailed a welcome package which includes your contract, however should you have any additional questions please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly. We are more than happy to assist!

Original review: June 25, 2018

I recently had the pleasure of speaking with Nikki ** about purchasing a warranty. She repressed your company very well. I was very unsure about making the purchase but finally decided to... The day I called back she wasn’t there but one of her coworkers (Gary) was able to help me buy the warranty that Nikki had recommended. This is the extent of my experience with CARCHEX, hopefully they are as helpful if I ever need to make a claim.

Michael,

Thank you for leaving your review with us! Very glad to hear both Nikki and Gary were able to assist you.

Original review: June 25, 2018

We bought the car three years ago and I had done a CarFacts on it and that generated us an email with the CARCHEX information. I called and checked on it. Being a used car, it doesn't have a warranty and we thought it would be a good idea to have some coverage on it, so we went ahead and got a three-year plan. I've used it once and it came in handy for the repair. We had it repaired and it cost us a $100 copay deductible. And then it covered the rest.

I had a couple of mailing from CARCHEX recently. I called the other day and found out what it would cost to renew up for another three years. I inquired and spoke to a supervisor. He tried to find out what the best price was that he could get for me. They came up with the $126 when it had been $98 the prior three years of it. It's gonna be a little hard for us to pay. It will be about $28 more than it was. I wanted to cover any repairs or whatever could happen. It costs me money even if I don't use it, but when I need it, it's nice to have it there. Having a vehicle protection plan is important, especially on an older vehicle. It's nice to feel like you're not just hanging out there without any protection.

Susan,

We appreciate your review, and are glad we could assist with your previous claim! Thank you for being a loyal CARCHEX customer and renewing your contract with us.

Original review: June 25, 2018

The warranty that I have now is going to expire soon and I just want to continue the coverage. I don’t wanna be caught paying thousands of dollars if I do have a catastrophic maintenance issues so I tried to get a warranty upfront because it's never cheap to fix my vehicle. I looked around and from what I've looked at, CARCHEX, had a better package. I initially started to contact their rep in March and it has been an ongoing communication up until now. I knew that the decision had to be made but I don’t like rushing so I got started on things earlier. The rep was very attentive. She pretty much answered all of the questions and concerns that I had.

Enrico,

Thank you for leaving your review with us! Very glad to hear your Protection Specialist was able to assist in setting you up with coverage for your vehicle.

CARCHEX expert review by Lauren Fix

CARCHEX started as a company that performed vehicle inspections for those purchasing a car. It began offering vehicle service contract (VSC) protection in 2004, and it displays a strong commitment to customer service. Endorsements from names like CarFax, Lending Tree, DMV.org, Cars.com and more give them a well-earned reputation for excellence.

• Claims payments: CARCHEX covered claims are paid directly to the repair facility. Most customers find this convenient because they don’t have to wait for reimbursement.

• Options: CARCHEX is not a direct provider. Instead, they act as a broker to get consumers the lowest price on an extended warranty.

• Roadside assistance: All CARCHEX plans include roadside assistance to help customers 24/7. Plans also have Trip Interruption Service to help those whose cars break down while they’re traveling.

• 30-day guarantee: Customers have 30 days to evaluate the CARCHEX’s service. Those who are unsatisfied can request a full refund for a month after their purchase.

• Informational articles: CARCHEX encourages consumers to do research before making an extended auto warranty purchase. The company’s website has an extensive section of informational articles to help consumers understand their options.

• Best for: busy families, high-mileage drivers, new car owners and used car owners.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

CARCHEX Company Information