Call toll free
4.45/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

We're passionate about advocating to help consumers throughout the entire process of purchasing and maintaining a car. CARCHEX Vehicle Protection Specialists are committed to providing consumers with peace of mind by listening to the specific needs of each customer to find the highest level of coverage at the lowest possible price.

View More View More

2281 CARCHEX Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

My contract was not what I bought. After receiving the contact, 4 weeks later. I tried calling. After 4 calls and 2 messages someone returned my call. A manager told me my contract was written wrong and he will send out a new one via email and the US mail. It’s been 6 days and I’m still waiting.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

My car is five years old and my other warranty has run out. I was looking off the internet and my Google search pulled up the top five companies but I liked the way CARCHEX called me back right away when I put in my information. Their customer service was great. Devon, the rep, gave me a quote and I told him I would come back. He gave me the number, I called him back and purchased the warranty which was easy. I like CARCHEX. They were good and prompt. People should call them.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

CARCHEX had the best package. Their people were helpful and they worked with me on pricing. I had a warranty on the vehicle but not an extended one. To cover major expenses if anything happened to the vehicle, I decided to acquire one. I got the top package from CARCHEX and I had a good experience with them.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I decided that I was gonna keep my vehicle and looked into getting an extended coverage. CARCHEX was at the top of the list in the ratings at the Better Business Bureau. Purchasing from them was painless and the rep who helped me was excellent. He was very personable and didn’t treat me as a telephone post.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We traded vehicles and the vehicle we traded for was another used car so I wanted to protect it. I did some online research and talked to a couple of representatives online. Having the CARCHEX warranty gives me some peace of mind now that if I do have some repairs that I would need to make, they’re covered. I’m trusting that my communication with the representatives is accurate. They were able to answer the questions that I asked and they did so in a nice way.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CARCHEX ?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

My other extended warranty ran out. CARCHEX has the best program and they are also easy to reach and talk to, so I went with them. Purchasing the plan was a very positive experience. When I went in, I kind of had an idea of what I wanted from the research I had done already. The rep helped me understand the plan and they found ways to save me some money with some discounts they were able to apply. They were very professional. They knew the products very well and they recommended some alternatives. Having a vehicle protection plan is very valuable and almost necessary, and I'm very satisfied with my package. The value or amount of money I pay for the service is very good.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

An extended coverage was cheaper than what the dealership offered and CARCHEX was partnered with AAA which is who I have my insurance with. Purchasing the plan was very easy. I spoke to two different people there and in both cases, they were very pleasant, professional and it didn’t take that long to get it done. Having a warranty gives me a sense of comfort and if something breaks down, it’ll be covered. CARCHEX is affordable and professional and you should expect to have a good experience with them.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Having a vehicle protection plan is very valuable since I’m on the road a lot. I went with CARCHEX because of the price and the person that I talked on the phone. Sean was great to talk with. He was very professional and personable.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I was talking with my broker from Progresso, who does my car insurance and I told him that I have a 2010 BMW. The warranty went out, so when I was asking about it, he told me to look up aftermarket warranties. CARCHEX and another company popped up, which was cheaper but when I spoke to a rep from CARCHEX, he said he understood that they were cheaper, but CARCHEX had perks that the other companies didn’t have. So, I went with it. The rep was very professional and knowledgeable. I’m waiting right now for my membership, my warranty and all the information contained in the package on what I purchased.

Having a vehicle protection plan is very important just like my alarm system in my house. You wanna protect what you buy and that’s a 750 with less than 100,000 miles on it so, I wanna take care of it. It’s in good shape now but I wanna make sure if something goes wrong, I can get it covered. I had a beautiful experience with CARCHEX and I would recommend it.

William,
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review with us! Very glad we could assist.
In regards to your Welcome Packet that you will be receiving in the mail, please note it can take up to 10-14 business days to receive. If you are outside of that window, please give us a call and we will happily mail you another copy!

We thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I purchased a vehicle just recently, and they gave me coverage with it. However, I was completely dissatisfied after finding out some of the packages they had, and they weren't giving me everything they promised me. They were also very rude in the customer service department. I got very disappointed with them and I canceled them out really quickly.

I started shopping around and I found out about CARCHEX and another company. CARCHEX gave me the best deal so I decided to go with them. I was looking for the coverage for the gasket, the tires, the transmission, and the sensors. I wanted the whole deal. The rep who I spoke with was a little bit on the pushy side but he gave me a good deal and he was very well and clear talking to me about what I was getting offered. Now, I'm still a little worried, but CARCHEX's package is very well put-together and I'm hoping for the best. Hopefully, I don't have to use it, but if I need to, it's a peace of mind. I'm very satisfied and I'm happy with my experience with CARCHEX. I would recommend them to others.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Wesley, my son, bought a vehicle with a rebuilt title and you just never know what you might run into in that situation. It is an expensive automobile and the repairs on it, if anything does go wrong, could be expensive. He wanted that added insurance so that he was protected. I did quite a bit of research and talked to several companies and many of them don't offer contracts on rebuilt title vehicles so I had narrowed the choices down fairly quickly. Aside from CARCHEX, I found two other companies that do. One of those two was a lot more expensive, which narrowed it down to CARCHEX and one other company.

It was a toss-up between the two. Each had different pricing and contract structure. The other one was more expensive than CARCHEX, but it offered more services. However, CARCHEX was offering a seven-year contract while the other one was five years. Wesly valued having the extra couple of years because you’re more likely to have repairs at years six and seven than years one and two.

I found their reps to be quite knowledgeable, not only about our needs but also about the competitors. The other company had a local dealer and CARCHEX did not. We were very close to purchasing the other company's contract but they had a problem with their portal so we couldn't sign it. We had to wait another day, but while we were waiting, we got a call from the representative of CARCHEX. He pointed out a few things that we didn't know about the contract because we hadn't done enough study of all the fine print. That led us back into questioning which of the two was the better contract. We started discussing it in more detail and finally decided that the additional features that we weren't aware of, that the representative pointed out, made the decision more of a toss-up.

We purchased a contract after the CARCHEX call center was closed for the evening. We're in Mountain Time and they're on East Coast time and so we couldn't make the purchase over the phone like we normally do. The salesman, Brandon, sent me an email with a link and said that I had until midnight, Eastern, to make the purchase. He said that he couldn't guarantee that the pricing wasn't going to change come January 1. To avoid the risk of that, we wanted to get it done by end of the day. I clicked on the link to take me to the CARCHEX site that goes through a check-out process. But the options that were presented did not include the option that we had discussed. We wanted the contract to be seven years and 100,000 miles and the 100,000 miles was not available. He did not configure the final check-out process to include that option.

We had to purchase an option that we did not ask for, which was $69 more than the option we asked for. That's not a lot of money when you're talking about a contract that cost $2,600. It's less than 3% of that total cost, but 69 bucks is 69 bucks. I followed up two days later with an email to Brandon. He said he would follow up with me and get that resolved, which I interpreted that he would either change the contract terms or give me an option to repurchase. I haven't heard back from him though and it has been several days.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Having a vehicle protection plan is valuable depending on the vehicle, and it was definitely valuable in my vehicle's case. My vehicle looked like it was in really good shape, but had over 200,000 miles on it, so I thought it would be best to check to see if an extended warranty was available for it. CARCHEX was recommended by Kelley Blue Book, so I thought that was a fairly good recommendation. When I purchased the warranty, the representative answered all my questions satisfactorily and was very prompt with the information. The one thing that I have not received yet is the documentation which I assume that they were going to mail to me. Yet as a whole, the purchase process was very easy.

Harold,
Thank you for providing us with your feedback! In regards to your Welcome Packet, please note that it can take up to 10-14 business days to receive in the mail. If you have still not received outside of that window, please give us a call to request another copy and we will gladly mail another out to you!

We thank you for choosing CARCHEX.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Every person I have spoken with have been exceptional with their care towards my needs. I would highly recommend them to family friends or even professional contacts. Best part also for me is my auto insurance recommends CARCHEX to their members. Being a member in good standing with BBB is helpful also.

Jeanne,

Your review is much appreciated! Very glad we could assist with your Vehicle Protection needs. Please let us know if you have any additional questions regarding your plan!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

No one likes to be without a warranty. Somebody mentioned CARCHEX so I made a call and the salesperson whom I spoke with said that the best time to get the warranty would be right then. In another year, it would be a little more expensive. Buying my warranty from them was very easy and their rep was pleasant. It's been valuable to me thus far.

Giovani,

Thank you for leaving your review with us! We appreciate your feedback, and are glad to have you as a customer.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Was very knowledgeable of what I wanted. Polite and answered all my questions. Made sure I knew what I had and checked to see if I could get any discounts. I would send my friends and family here if they were looking for a warranty.

Wilbert,
We appreciate your review, and are glad we could assist!

Thank you for choosing CARCHEX.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I bought a used car and got an extended coverage to save cost. I compared the coverage with Kia and looked for whichever offered the most. CARCHEX was less expensive and it has better coverage. The warranty covers everything except wearables. The only complaint I have is that I haven’t got any documents yet. I haven’t got anything in the mail from them. Otherwise, I had a good experience with their certified vehicle protection specialist and the purchase was easy.

Dean,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback! In regards to your welcome package, please note that it can take up to 10-14 business days to receive in the mail. If you have still not received outside of that window please give us a call and we will happily mail you another copy!

Director of Customer Service

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Our warranty was ending soon and we looked into extended coverage. I started with Google, made some phone calls and looked at a lot of ratings. I was speaking with Ben from CARCHEX as well as another individual from another company. And we ended up going with the other company. When that took place, Ben called to follow up, and I told him that we were going with this other company. He knew of them and he was actually warning me. He said I should check into it 'cause the other company was actually a scam. I thanked him and told him I would look into it. Indeed, the other company was a scam. Our bank was able to stop that payment, and so after all that was cleared up, I ended up calling Ben back with CARCHEX 'cause that was our second choice. I thanked him for his attention and the customer care in our place. I would recommend CARCHEX. Definitely check them out.

Rebecca,

We appreciate your review! Very glad to hear Ben was able to assist you. Please feel free to reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding your plan. Thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I spoke to the people at their Royal Administration, they have no knowledge of what they are doing. You don't put used parts in an engine or on it. It just is not done. But there it's a norm. I am schooled trained Transmission specialist. I have rebuilt engines. This one thing we were told not do. Also the billing work being done. Use what the last expensive for their Clint, CARCHEX. We don't want to make the mechanic unhappy do we.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Our Ford Escape is getting to an age where stuff starts to happen. Last year, I had an expensive year of repairs. I saw the writing on the wall and I wanted to keep the car for the long term. The purchasing experience went well. I talked to someone a few months ago, they didn't really follow up, from another company. I got an email and just looked into it. It seemed to be a good plan. Their certified vehicle protection specialist was very professional and we had a good interaction. Having this warranty made me feel having good peace of mind.

Will,

We appreciate your review and are glad we could assist! Thank you for choosing CARCHEX.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

When buying a car, if the person selling you the vehicle is trying to keep you from leaving, then 9 times out of 10 it’s a bad deal. But the person who knows they're giving you the best deal and coverage out there is gonna let you go if you wanna go and search. The people at CARCHEX, however, were confident and I like that. It was kind of a given to get an extended coverage for my Mercedes-Benz because their parts are expensive. And insurance doesn’t really cover everything that you need so you wanna make sure that you’re covered and that you’re getting a good deal. It’s a luxury vehicle and you wanna keep up with it.

I liked the way that the CARCHEX representative was speaking to me. It didn’t seem as if it was totally sales-driven and it was like they were looking out for the best interest for me. The gentleman I spoke with was very knowledgeable as pertaining to the coverage, which I liked. If he didn’t know the answers to some of the questions that I had to ask him, he was honest and he went out of his way to make sure that I would get the answer. He didn’t just say, “I don’t know,” and stopped there. He made sure that he got a supervisor to gain more information to let me know. As far as the understanding part, he wanted to make sure that he covered every nook and cranny, and he did, so he got me there.

It was around the holiday season and it was busy. I have four children, so my schedule is hectic but the rep followed up with me, and that was what got me to go along with it. If he didn’t follow up with me, I probably would've, on my own time, searched for something else. He got me at a good time and gave me the necessary space in between. From the first time that we spoke until the second time that we spoke, he gave me that space and he let me know a really good deal.

I wasn’t too familiar with warranties and I’ve had other people call me as well. But those other people weren’t trying to see if there was a better option or something that was more suitable for me, and CARCHEX did that. When the rep started listing some options, there were some things that I found out that I really don’t see any fit for. But he was able to accommodate that and I like that because sometimes, when you talk to sales associates, it’s like they’re robots. If you ask them anything outside of the ordinary, they’re like, “Wait. What? That’s not how the call is supposed to go.” I hope that every associate is like the one that I spoke with because he was totally awesome and great. He remembered that I have children and he knew I was busy around that time, but he was compassionate about that which was neat and I like it. I would recommend CARCHEX. The people are realistic, honest, suitable, convenient and flexible.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Cars appear to be costly when having a new vehicle. I got a coverage for my 016 Chevy Malibu from CARCHEX. Its rating and reviews made me go with them. Their vehicle protection specialist was good. I was looking for a full coverage on my vehicle like I almost just as I would have gotten it with a regular bumper-to-bumper coverage. There are no wear and tears and anything considered normal maintenance. Purchasing the warranty from CARCHEX was easy. My experience with them was good.

Olubokola,

Thank you for leaving your review with us! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to have you as a customer.

Director of Customer Service

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

The purchasing process with CARCHEX was good. I initially interacted with a rep but then he started being too pushy because I liked to really discuss things over before I purchase stuff. The annoying phone calls could have been improved. I'm the type of person, if I wanna buy something, I don’t need any salesperson calling me every day or every other day. So, I ended up buying the warranty three weeks later, by just going through the website and buying it. But CARCHEX seems to be a legit and a pretty good company.

Chad,
Your feedback is very important to us and we thank you for leaving your review. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during one of our phone calls with you.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions regarding your plan. Thank you for choosing CARCHEX for your vehicle protection needs!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

CARCHEX sold me a Royal warranty, which is like a switch and bait... CARCHEX has great reviews... but doesn't tell you, they are a "Selling Agent" as I was advised today. I was told on my first repair, by the adjuster in Texas all the amounts he was covering including rental of a vehicle over the weekend. Monday, I picked up the vehicle, Royal's agents in Massachusetts adjusted to lower what was originally agreed to, and removed the rental coverage. Several months later, I have another repair needed, and they are covering, exactly, nothing. This is a horrible warranty company, I would never ever do business with this company. Sad part is I did all my due diligence in research and reading fine print, and nowhere did it say I was being sold to branch arm of another company under their umbrella. I am canceling warranty today and paying the shop.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I was impressed with CARCHEX because they were so persistent and they kept calling me back. But they were not hounding me. I told them to call me on certain day of the month because I only get paid once a month. I talked to a manager there and they worked out for me. I'm a disabled vet, and Raul and his boss, Danny, bent over backwards to accommodate me. I appreciated that. So, I'll bend over backwards to make sure they get the payment. Also, Raul would always call me back whenever I asked him to.

Phillip,
Your review and feedback is much appreciated. Very glad to hear Raul and Dan could assist you with your Vehicle Protection needs. Please don't hesitate to reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding your plan.

We thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I did a search on warranty companies, and I called the different companies and gave them my requirements. CARCHEX came back with the most comprehensive plan at the most affordable price. I ended up going with them because of coverage and pricing. The rep knew of the coverage that was gonna be provided and what the exclusions were. When they gave me a price and I kinda explained to them it was more than I anticipated, they were the only one that went out their way to go to a higher level to see if they could reduce the pricing of it, which they did. I had a pretty good deal and they would be the first company that I recommend.

David,

Very glad to hear we could assist with your vehicle protection needs! Thank you for taking the time to leave your review with us. Feel free to reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding your plan.

Director of Customer Service

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

We got a used vehicle that had over 100,000. I know that I can't afford anything major to happen to a vehicle, so I might as well get a warranty that'll cover all of it for me, for my peace of mind. I looked at a few companies and CARCHEX covered the most, had better reviews, and popped up as the number one for 2018. Most people said CARCHEX was good.

Purchasing the plan went pretty well and easy. I just told them the year, make and model and what I needed, what I felt most important to be covered, and they set me up with a plan of what they thought would be best to be covered for my vehicle. It went pretty smooth with the rep. I didn’t really see any improvement they needed. I looked through my contract and my warranty covers the previous amount of the vehicle, almost all of it, to be exact. I've recommended CARCHEX two or three times to people that have used cars, tired of having to pay for things and who won't be able to afford a new motor if it wears out.

Billy,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback! Very glad to hear you enjoyed speaking with your Protection Specialist and that we could assist with your Vehicle Protection needs!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

After taking my 2012 Ford Edge to the Dealer 4x, for 1 week's worth of A/C each time - they couldn't fix it. I took my car to Davis Auto; they fixed it in 4 days... It only cost me $250 deductible. Beautiful!!!

Susie,

Thank you for leaving your review with us!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Salesperson was very nice and answered all my questions. Told me about the thirty day cancellation policy. I ordered a warranty that day but decided the next day to go in another direction. I called customer service to cancel. The rep said she would email me directions on how to cancel, guess I couldn't just do it over the phone. She sent an email that did not include cancellation directions. I emailed her back requesting the proper information but got nothing. I emailed the sales rep for the same info and have received nothing. Apparently they are good at selling but not in cancelling. I have to now dispute the charge with my credit card company. Not happy!

CARCHEX response

Thank you for your review. We apologize for any frustration with the cancellation policy for the Vehicle Service Contract.

According to our records, you spoke with our customer loyalty department on 12/27/2018. (2) emails were sent to the email address on file including cancellation instructions (Subject: How to cancel your Contract Sent at 1:25 PM) and a comparison of our Titanium level coverage with the coverage you were considering with another company (Subject: Titanium Plus Warranty Comparison; Sent at 1:26 PM).

We received a follow up call from you on 12/31/2018 and resent the cancellation instructions at 12:24 PM.

At this time, with your review, we will process an internal cancellation and refund of your down payment. If you have any further questions or concerns, please give us a call at (877)227-2439 Ext. 6002.

Best,

CARCHEX Customer Service

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

When we purchased the car, we were offered extended warranty at the dealership but I told them no and that I would get it through USAA like I normally do. I called USAA the next day and they said they no longer do extended warranties so I was forced to go online and look up who all said would be the best one to go through. According to what I read online with Consumer Reports, CARCHEX was a good one so I went through with them. The CARCHEX rep was really nice. She asked what kind of car we bought and they offered a policy that we thought was perfect for what we wanted. We did everything about the purchase over the phone, so it was easy. The rep said that I'll receive my policy in about a week and I'm still waiting for it to arrive. Having a vehicle protection plan is very valuable and I've gotten them on just about every car I ever owned. It's important. With CARCHEX, I'm satisfied with everything so far.

Rhonda,
Thank you for leaving your review with us, we appreciate your business and your feedback! Please note that it can take up to 10-14 business days to receive your Welcome Packet in the mail. If you are outside of that waiting period, please give us a call and we will gladly mail another copy to you!

Thank you for choosing CARCHEX.

Director of Customer Service

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I asked the representative from CARCHEX questions about the longevity of the company because in this industry, especially with car warranty, there are so many fees out there. I’ve been taken advantage of before. And so, I felt very confident with him that he was definitely aware of the product. I told him about my concerns and where I was at with buying the product. The gentleman was very familiar with the product, and he answered all of my questions. CARCHEX did their part and their purpose. I would definitely recommend them.

Henry,

Very glad to hear we could assist with your vehicle protection needs! We thank you for your review, and for choosing CARCHEX.

CARCHEX expert review by Lauren Fix

Offers multiple customizable tiers of extended auto coverage. All packages include 24/7 roadside assistance, towing and rental car reimbursement. Warranties are transferable or refundable.

• Claims payments: CARCHEX covered claims are paid directly to the repair facility. Most customers find this convenient because they don’t have to wait for reimbursement.

• Options: CARCHEX is not a direct provider. Instead, they act as a broker to get consumers the lowest price on an extended warranty.

• Roadside assistance: All CARCHEX plans include roadside assistance to help customers 24/7. Plans also have Trip Interruption Service to help those whose cars break down while they’re traveling.

• 30-day guarantee: Customers have 30 days to evaluate the CARCHEX’s service. Those who are unsatisfied can request a full refund for a month after their purchase.

• Informational articles: CARCHEX encourages consumers to do research before making an extended auto warranty purchase. The company’s website has an extensive section of informational articles to help consumers understand their options.

• Best for: busy families, high-mileage drivers, new car owners and used car owners.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

CARCHEX Company Information