Call toll free
  • 1 star
Based on 175 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

We're passionate about advocating to help consumers throughout the entire process of purchasing and maintaining a car. CARCHEX Vehicle Protection Specialists are committed to providing consumers with peace of mind by listening to the specific needs of each customer to find the highest level of coverage at the lowest possible price.

CARCHEX Video
CARCHEX Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 14, 2017

1432 CARCHEX Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I bought a new vehicle which came with a warranty for 50,000 miles and didn't cover anything. I didn't like repairs and the research I did said that CARCHEX was the number 1 company from all the ratings. I bought the warranty a week ago and their reps were knowledgeable. They're salespeople but they were pleasant and not overly pushy. The coverage will be invaluable if I need it. If I don't need it, I'll be upset that I spent the money for it. Still, I'd recommend them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I was planning to keep my car for a long time, so it’s good to have the security of having an extended warranty just in case. CARCHEX had the best options available, and they got more for their coverage than someplace else. Purchasing the plan from CARCHEX was simple and easy. I was trying to do it when I was away in Florida at a meeting. The rep was patient and waited until I got back, and then I called her again. She was very nice and knowledgeable, and she helped explain the tech pack to me. I’m just waiting for my documents but other than that, everything is good.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I got a car that is not brand new, so I needed to have an insurance. I got mine from Carchex, and the guy I dealt with was very nice and efficient. He was also able to assist thoroughly and explained what the coverage was.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Having the extended cover warranty on a vehicle is nice and I have always done it, but it's the first time I have CARCHEX. It was handy and it came in the options with the papers so I checked it out and found it decent. However, they need to have a nationwide connection where one can call or go online, check out and make comparisons on the whole insurance carriers for the new one, and see if it goes from state to state with a good coverage where it won't try to blow one out with a lot of expenses. Also, when I hit my car and put a little dent in it, CARCHEX didn’t want to pay for it. But it was nothing serious. They’re reasonable compared to other providers as long as one doesn't have to pay exuberant prices.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

From shopping around on the phone to becoming a customer, the overall service provided was exceptional. The service rep had very good knowledge of the product he was selling. He explained everything the warranty covers and answered all my questions.

Carlos,

Thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate you taking the time to leave your review with us.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CARCHEX ?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I used CARCHEX before for another vehicle and having the extra coverage is nice, especially if I run into some major costs then I can repair the vehicle. When the warranty I had on my current vehicle was close to expiring, I got CARCHEX and had a great purchasing experience. Totally satisfactory. I thoroughly enjoyed that it was a no pressure sale and didn't take a long time. I like the easiness of working with their team. They are professional, exceptional people. The gentleman who worked with me was very patient and explained everything nicely. Also, setting up for the payments was not a problem.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

When I purchased an Audi, I knew I couldn’t just take it to a guy around the street when I want to get a service or if something happened. I wanted to make sure I was covered in case anything major happened to it. I researched and CARCHEX had high ratings. Also, some dealership wanted payments all at once, but CARCHEX has options to make payments. Setting the payments up was also very easy. The specialist I worked with was fantastic and helpful. She was informative and had a good attitude too. She gave me a few options to choose from, then she listened to me when I told her how much I drove and what I would use my car for, and she picked a good one for me.

Right after we talked about it, I received the email of what we discussed. I received a copy of my policy quickly. She informed me several times that I have the option within 30 days. When she was done, I knew exactly what I was getting, and if I didn't have a problem, I knew exactly how to contact somebody to resolve it. Getting extra protection is very valuable for peace of mind. In terms of its price, it's one of those things that I should have but hope I don't ever have to use so it's costly in the sense that if I never use it, I could have used the money for something else. But if I have to use it even once for one major thing, then it would pay itself off.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Titanium 7-year/50,000 mile warranty - This seems to be the right warranty for me. All of the help I received with the questions I posed were answered with clarity and accuracy. I also have the same coverage on my Jeep Compass. I was very pleased to receive the NEA discount. If I have a claim in the future, I hope it is handled with the professionalism.

Howard,

Glad we could help set you up with coverage for your vehicle. Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

The experience I had on the phone with your representative was better than majority of all the calls I’ve been on. He spoke clear and fluently enough that I was able to understand him throughout the whole process. Answered all of my questions as well. I do not remember his name, as I thought I wasn’t really paying attention when he told me because I only called to see if I was able to get coverage, not actually go through with it. But I did and I would highly recommend it. For now.

Klimer,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Very glad to hear your Protection Specialist was able to assist you. Please reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding you plan.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Ryan ** was very helpful, he helped me with a plan that better suites me, he was awesome. I would give him and 10 for customer service. Need more customer service representatives like him. Thank you thank you thank you Ryan. Thank you.

Louise,

thank you for leaving your review with us! Happy to hear Ryan was able to assist in setting you up with coverage for your vehicle. Please feel free to reach out to him should you have any additional questions regarding your plan.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Received my contract and I'm not happy with it. I have tried to cancel it through the American auto shield address that was provided to me. Letter was returned said they moved?? I'm still within my 30 day. Would like my full refund.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I did a comprehensive search for our MKZ. Value for our money was the deciding factor for us. We narrowed it down to two companies. Julius ** made our choice easy. This young man was knowledgeable, patient and explained every detail of the warranty.

Leroy,

We appreciate you leaving your review with us. Glad to hear Julius was able to assist in setting you up with coverage. Thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

We purchased an extended warranty for our car through Carchex at a far more reasonable price than what was offered to us at the dealer. I did some research on purchasing extended warranties beforehand, and Carchex had come highly recommended by carbuyingtips.com, so I gave them a call. My agent, Shanita, was very friendly and helpful, and genuinely seemed to care about my experiences and concerns as a consumer. She patiently answered all my questions (which I had a lot of) and she helped me find a plan that would suit me and my needs at a price I could afford.

I never felt pressured into purchasing, there was no overt sales pitch. She also referred me to their affiliate for finding car insurance, and I was able to find a better price on auto insurance through them than I was previously getting, so now I'm able to afford car insurance AND an extended warranty for the same price that I was paying before for just car insurance! My warranty policy just started yesterday, and I hope that my experience with my Carchex warranty will be as good as my experience with Carchex's customer service!

Calinda,

Happy to hear Shanita was able to assist in setting you up with coverage for your vehicle. Thank you for leaving your review with us, and for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I researched all of them... for over a month. Carchex was the most competitive in price and in terms. They also offered a 7 year plan which was something I was looking for. My sales professional was Leon. He was terrific. He answered all of my questions and did not pressure me to make a decision.

Gary,

Glad to hear Leon was able to assist in setting you up with coverage. We appreciate you leaving your review with us, and are happy to have you as a CARCHEX customer!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I just bought a vehicle and wanted to purchase an extended warranty that provided the added coverage I was looking for. The rep., Shanita **, was very easy and pleasant to work with. She gave me 3 options, explained the coverage and pricing, and made this one best service experiences I've ever had. Hopefully, I'll never have to file a claim, but if I do and it's anything like the sign-up process, I know it will be fast and hassle-free.

Cicely,

Very glad to hear Shanita was able to assist you! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding your plan!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

My representative was very helpful in explaining all of the options available to me and sending me e-mails so that I could make comparisons. He was even able to make a minor adjustment to the warranty I selected to fit my mileage usage.

Simon,

Thank you for choosing CARCHEX! We appreciate you taking the time to leave your review with us.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Extended Car Warranty on my 2011 Kia Sportage - Julius ** called me. He was very nice and knew what he was doing. I haven't been able to use the warranty yet since I just got it on 11/13/17. Justin was the first one I talked to. I've tried several times calling him. He also was very nice.

Beverly,

Very glad to hear Julius was able to assist in setting you up with coverage. Thank you for leaving your review!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

The agent was very helpful and friendly. My call was returned quickly, especially for a Sunday! He was very knowledgeable about the subject and guided me through the process quickly and I understood what he was explaining. The price was also very affordable for a 3 year warranty.

Jonathan,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are happy to hear your Vehicle Protection Specialist was able to set you up with coverage.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

My review is limited to the purchase process, since I have not gotten a repair performed. The signup process was easy and I have information emailed to me. The total cost is spread, interest free, over 24 months. The sales rep was friendly, knowledgeable and concerned and returned messages that I left.

Joel,

Thank you for leaving your review with us. Glad to hear the sign up process was easy for you. Please feel free to reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding your plan!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I was going to cancel my contract because the Administrator CARCHEX placed me with who was Royal. Was really terrible about taking care of claims. I ended up paying $240.00 more than I was suppose to pay for repairs. My deductible was $100.00 so that's what I expected to pay. They also wanted the dealership to use AutoZone parts. No dealership is going to go out and get AutoZone parts to service a vehicle. To top it off they didn't even refund my money for the rental which was $75.00. They paid me $25.00. This was the second time Royal didn't handle my claim correctly. So I was canceling after I've been with CARCHEX about 3 or 4 years. But they transferred me to a better Administrator and took care of me for my inconvenience. Thanks CARCHEX.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Ms. ** was wonderful. She answered all my concerns. She was very detailed about the protection plan. Ms. ** was all about saving me money while at the same time trying to figure out the best policy for me. Great Customer Service!!!

Alexis,

Thank you for leaving your review with us! We are glad to hear you enjoyed speaking with you Protection specialist.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Excellent help over the phone. Very informative about their coverages. Very knowledgeable about their claims process and common problems with vehicle types. Their prices are excellent, and they don't ask for a huge downpayment like others. I didn't have to wait on a long phone queue.

Johnny,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We appreciate the review.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I purchased the New Titanium product with Shanita **. She was great. She explained everything in detail, answered all my questions, and made the whole process very easy. From my experience with my last car, I’m well aware of how expensive major repairs can get. I suffered the consequences for not being prepared. Now I feel secure and protected. Thank you CARCHEX, and thank you Ms. **!

Reginald,

Very glad to hear Shanita was able to set you up with coverage! Feel free to reach out at any time should you have additional questions regarding your plan. Thank you for leaving your review with us!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Had been offered an extended warranty by dealer when purchasing vehicle. Told them I'd think about it. Took some time researching extended warranties. Carchex was one of several who responded. After more research I finally narrowed it down to Carchex and one other. Had several questions and was given a couple of quotes by Carchex with link to a sample of their contract. (Always read the contract on any transaction or you may be sorry later on). After reading through contract I noted pages and line number of a few things I had questions about.

The agent that handled my account, Cary, seemed pretty knowledgeable with the contract and was able to answer all but one question. No deduction of points for Cary as his supervisor couldn't answer it either. Statement in contract was like: If vehicle is damaged too severely to tow or repair safely without damaging vehicle further, they would not tow it. (?????) Anyway, all my other questions were answered to my satisfaction.

My only complaint is that I feel Carchex contacted me too often trying to get me to purchase their product. I understand the sales approach, but for me personally, it is a little aggravating. Other than that (and that is reason for 4 stars) I was satisfied with my dealings with Cary. He was knowledgeable and was good about answering my questions. I purchased a plan from Carchex and will update later when and if I need to use their services.

Jesse,

thank you for leaving your detailed review with us. We certainly appreciate the review. Thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

My experience with Carchex has been very satisfactory. This is why I feel comfortable extending the contract. The renewal information was clear. I was a bit unhappy to learn coverage would be suspended for the first 30 days especially since the company has the capacity to evaluate the validity of a repair. Also, the possibility of a rebate for the final year of the existing contract was glossed over. In all other aspects the extension process was clear and well done.

John,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review with us. Please feel free to reach out anytime should you have any additional questions regarding your plan!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

My representative was Nikki **. I highly recommend working with her. She is extremely easy to get in touch with, a pleasure to speak to, knowledgeable, and helpful. I am happy with the price and warranty I recently purchased. Carchex was the only company I felt 100% comfortable with.

Annabel,

We are glad to hear Nikki was able to assist in setting you up with coverage! Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and leaving your review.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Got a good understanding of what kind of packed you have and what could work for me. How the program work and where I can go to get my car (BMW X5) fix. What is Coverage is the best also, how much it cost and how long I would have to pay. I could go anywhere in the USA.

Michael,

We appreciate you leaving your review with us. Thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

The representative was a good listener. He was able to meet my requirements so that I could become a new customer. I am going to suggest to my friends to give CARCHEX a try when looking for an extended warranty.

Maurice,

We appreciate your review Thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

The sale rep Bill was the absolute best!! He was very patient and answered every question I had. He made sure that I was comfortable with my plan and assured me that it will be well worth it. I will most definitely recommend him to anyone who is looking for an extended warranty plan.

Shaunderic,

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed speaking with Bill and glad he was able to set you up with coverage! Please reach out at any time should you have any additional questions. Thank you for leaving your review!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I recently took my car to Jake Sweeney Jeep Chrysler Dodge for service. I was told my car needed wheel bearings along with a few other things. At which time I told them I had a vehicle protection plan through Carchex. The dealership contacted me and told me that they contacted Carchex and they agreed to cover the bearings only. So I said ok just fix what they approved because I knew I would only be paying my 100 dollar deductible plus my oil change $34 and rental $75. Roughly a total of $208.

I ended up paying an additional $183 dollars so $391.39 out of my own pocket. I'm extremely pissed. I make monthly payments and been with them for 4+ years. My deductible is $100. That's what I expect to pay for covered repairs because that's what they advertised and that's what my contract states. They are suppose to advocate on your behalf, negotiate with repair facilities and get your vehicle back to driving condition while all your responsibility consist of is your deductible. I think I will be leaving them because that didn't happen. Maybe Toco is better.

CARCHEX Company Information