Call toll free

Call toll free
Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.23/5
Visit Website

We're passionate about advocating to help consumers throughout the entire process of purchasing and maintaining a car. CARCHEX Vehicle Protection Specialists are committed to providing consumers with peace of mind by listening to the specific needs of each customer to find the highest level of coverage at the lowest possible price.

BOTTOM LINE

CARCHEX is an affordable extended auto warranty option, in addition to being a great choice for high-mileage cars. Although CARCHEX's contracts can be difficult to comprehend, their representatives can help you understand what you're getting into.

PROS

• Accepts high-mileage cars
  • Partners with charitable organizations
  • Affordable plans available
  • Available in California

CONS

• Some contracts are non-renewable
  • Exotic vehicles not covered

Top CARCHEX Reviews

I have had CARCHEX in the past and was very satisfied with their service. I have returned and am sure I can expect the same high quality service as before. I shopped around and the price is more than fair. I would recommend this extended warranty to anyone.

These people are great, military friendly, fast and courteous. They treat you look like family and not just another customer. I was expecting to wait on hold for extended period of time but they answered right away. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for an extended warranty.

CARCHEX cost

The average price for a five-year contract is about $1,500, making CARCHEX a highly affordable option. You can expect to pay approximately 2 cents per mile of coverage. CARCHEX prices are some of the lowest rates around. Costs do vary, though, based on your vehicle’s mileage, year, make and model. The mileage coverage can range from 36,000 miles to 125,000. The best way to get an idea of the cost is to get a quote directly from CARCHEX.

CARCHEX allows a maximum payment schedule of 24 months. This allows customers a long time to pay off their extended auto warranty. No down payment is required during this period. CARCHEX accepts all major credit cards and also has a 30-day money back guarantee in the case that you decide CARCHEX isn’t right for you. You won’t be charged a penny.

CARCHEX plans

CARCHEX offers five coverage options. These options have further plans to choose from, making sixteen choices in all. Every CARCHEX warranty is, at a minimum, a powertrain warranty. This means that the transmission, drive axles, engine and the rest of the vehicle’s powertrain are covered.

Plan nameType of coverageTerm lengthsBest for
Titanium CoverageBumper-to-bumper7–10 yearsComprehensive coverage
Platinum CoverageStated-component5–10 yearsShort-term coverage
Gold CoverageComprehensive5–10 yearsVehicles over 60,000 miles
Silver CoverageEssential6–7 yearsBasic coverage
Bronze CoverageMajor systems5–6 yearsAffordability

CARCHEX coverage

Customers must wait 30 days and 1,000 miles before the extended auto warranty coverage from CARCHEX kicks in. This is a standard requirement among extended auto warranty providers. Not every CARCHEX extended warranty is renewable. Make sure to inquire about this beforehand when speaking with a representative. CARCHEX limits coverage to cars under 150,000 miles.

Additional benefits from CARCHEX include towing, lockout services, flat tire changes, rental car coverage, roadside assistance and emergency fuel delivery for when you’ve run out of gas. You can also use the CARCHEX mobile app to help you find a certified vehicle repair facility nearby. This is especially important because all repairs must be performed by ASE-certified mechanics. Optional coverage includes emissions coverage, key fob protection and luxury electronics coverage.

A CARCHEX auto warranty can’t cover everything; for example, modified vehicles aren’t covered. This includes anything that wasn’t originally installed, like oversized tires, lift kits or a trailer hitch. It also won’t cover regular maintenance items like oil changes, new tires, wiper blades, spark plugs and some other basic car repairs.

Another big pro of CARCHEX is that coverage is available in California. Due to certain regulations, many extended auto warranties do not offer coverage there. CARCHEX is an exception.

Is CARCHEX worth it?

CARCHEX is worth it to those considering an extended auto warranty. The cost of CARCHEX is very low. In fact, it might be the cheapest you will find. In addition to their regular coverage, CARCHEX’s additional benefits like roadside service and fuel delivery can provide major peace of mind while you’re traveling. Plus, their app can help you find a compliant repair service location, so you know you’re in good hands. If you’re considering purchasing an extended auto warranty for your vehicle, make sure to consider CARCHEX.

CARCHEX Reviews

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

My car had been called a lemon by the dealership and it had things go wrong with it that should never have gone wrong this early in the game. For instance, the computer of the vehicle died and it was 50 to 100 miles before the warranty expired so it was covered. But the brain of your car should not be dead within three years or 60,000 miles. Also, my high-pressure fuel pump went out and they said they have never seen that in a Sedona. They also said they didn't know why mine went out.

When I talked to the dealership, they said they'd be happy to get me an extended warranty and that it was gonna cost $4,000. I just about choked. Then over the summer, from between May when I first contacted them saying I wanted the extended warranty and they've given me a quote in April, they switched whoever it was who handled their long term warranties and it doubled the cost of their warranties. That doesn't help the consumer and now, I had to handle it. So, I called Kia and they told me to look up extended warranty car coverages online through Prudential and other things. Then I Googled best extended car warranties and CARCHEX was listed on two websites that seemed reasonable. I went to BBB and I checked out some of the complaints about them. I hesitated a little longer because of what I read, but I decided that I was gonna go for it anyway.

When I purchased the warranty, their customer service was good but I did not like their manager. Despite that, the guy I talked to seemed really nice. I got the feeling that he'd give me this price now but if I'd call back later, it'd be higher. But I already contacted them with the intention of purchasing it, so they didn't have to sell me on it. What they had to do was make it cost-effective with a reasonable payment plan for me to be able to afford it. Still, the rep seemed to bend over backwards to get me a deal that would work for me and I liked him.

Sarah,

Thank you for your review! Very glad we could assist in setting you up with coverage for your KIA Sedona. Please don't hesitate to reach out should you have any additional questions regarding your plan!

CARCHEX Customer Service

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

I had extended coverage with CarShield and I was not pleased with their coverage. When the salesman called me, he told me that my car would be covered from bumper to bumper, except for maintenance side of it like tires, brake pads, battery, radiator, and lights. When I had been with them a couple of months, I asked them to send me a policy. And I found that they had about three pages of exclusions that they didn't tell me about. So I felt that they had not been upfront with me and I didn't want to do business with them. They didn't cover seals, hoses, and anything on the emission system. There were a lot of things that they didn't cover that were mechanical terms that I did not understand. I decided that I wanted to go with a company that I could understand. So, I did some research and I called about six different extended warranties.

I spoke with CARCHEX and asked them specifically about the things that were not covered in the other extended warranties, and they were covered by CARCHEX, so I went with them. Also, the sales representatives were nice, efficient, and patient with me. They called me back. They checked with me too. They were good follow-up people. They were very polite and they seemed like they knew what they were talking about. I told them my experience from CarShield and they assured me that that would not be the case with this company. The representative went above and beyond. He gave me his name and personal extension number. He said if I have any problem, I could call him directly so I don’t have to call the company. I actually have a person that I can call and talk to. So, I really appreciated that.

However, I would like to receive a policy so that I could look over it for my scrutiny. I have paid the first payment, and I have it set up to come out every month, but I don’t have a policy. I understand that there are some exclusions, but I would like to know exactly what they are. But this company has less exclusions than most. At this particular point, I’m very satisfied and I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I take excellent care of my car, and I didn’t plan on trading it in. I was gonna keep the car. It’s a 2008 and I bought it in 2009. And so I didn’t wanna be without a warranty. I did my research, checked around with other extended warranty companies. And I went with CARCHEX because, initially, the person I got on the phone explained the warranty a lot better. I’ve been with CARCHEX long before. And I haven’t even used the warranty, but that’s a good thing. That means the car is in good shape. I just renewed and this is the third contract with them.

On my first year with CARCHEX, my dealer was able to get my car at a better situation. So I didn’t go through the CARCHEX warranty. I take my car only to the Lexus dealership. And so they were able to take care of my issue several years ago. CARCHEX makes things easy for my dealership and I like that because I’m busy.

Also, just before this last one expired, I had the car for service and it was just the undercover. I checked with CARCHEX and they said the part wouldn’t be covered because it was just normal wear and tear. Even when if it’s something that wasn’t covered by the plan, I didn’t got a, “No.” I got a explanation of, “Hey, this is not covered because it’s a normal wear and tear. It’s not a maintenance-type issue or a mechanical malfunction of the car.” She was able to go that extra mile to help me and she was even able to tell me about what it would cost to get it repaired and so forth. And so that was what I liked about them in that situation.

I went with CARCHEX just for peace of mind. When it was expiring last time, I thought they would let me know with a reminder or an email, and they didn’t. Fortunately, I remembered and I called them and their guy said, “Yeah, you’re still under warranty. It will be expiring soon.” I got a great person on the phone when I called the number. I call him CARCHEX guy. I have his number written down in a folder at home, and he's been really helpful. I’ve already recommended CARCHEX.

Gretchen,

We appreciate your review! Please reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding your plan.

CARCHEX Customer Service

Original review: July 2, 2019

I have an expensive car and I didn’t have the factory warranty on it anymore because it has a salvage title. So, I called CARCHEX and they told me that I would be able to still get a warranty with having a salvage title. I just had to pay a little extra. My mother had sent me the link to CARCHEX, and then I just called them up to see what they offered. I have a full coverage already, from bumper-to-bumper. I just don’t have the factory warranty that covers the motor, transmission, and the electronics in the car. So, I wanted to get that added to my full coverage because I was unable to add it from my insurance.

The guy I dealt with was professional, good, and he helped me get a discount on the service if I was getting it that day. His supervisor gave me a discount. I was fairly assisted by CARCHEX. I am still waiting on my full contract because I wanted to know if there was any stipulations because I had a salvage title. They said they were able to insure me, but I don’t know if I’d be treated differently if it was a regular clean title. And if you have a salvage title, I don’t know if there’s a difference in price or in services because they say I have a full coverage of motor, transmission, electrics, and anything besides wear and tear items.

The supervisor from CARCHEX who gave me the discount said, “Anything that happens to your car, whether it’s like the axle breaks, or the motor goes, or the transmission goes, or the computer in your car is messed up, you just take it to anybody who’s licensed or contracted with American Auto Shield, and then they’ll just simply use your ID number, and then they’ll call it in to the American Auto Shield for payment.” And he made it sound very simple. I'm gonna call American Auto Shield, and see if that’s the same thing because I don’t wanna have to be paying over something, and then when I actually need it, I have to jump hoops to get my car repaired.

John,

Thank you for leaving your review with us! We are happy to have you as a CARCHEX customer, and glad we could assist.

CARCHEX Customer Service

Original review: June 2, 2019

I bought the car and it's still under the manufacturer's warranty right now. As a matter of fact, I'm dropping it off to have it checked over real quick and I've given a few excuses for me to look at a certain thing even though there's nothing wrong. And I figured, since it's still under their warranty, I can get it out of the way now if I have to. The vehicle in itself is really nice and Outbacks don't seem to have a big problem with transmissions or engines or anything else. But it has so many safety features and my biggest concern was all of the sensors. So, I thought it would be worth it to go ahead and get an extended warranty, especially for a timeframe. Besides, I don't do a lot of driving, so the amount of years will long outweigh the amount of miles.

My son recommended me to CARCHEX and other extended warranties are very similar with them in the sense that you have to pay $100 deductible upfront. But it came down to what's covered and it looked like CARCHEX covered more than what Subaru was offering. They offered 80,000 for eight-years while CARCHEX offered about 90,000 for seven years. But I'm not even gonna have this vehicle for seven years. I'm gonna turn it over in the next four to five years and I'd still have more mileage on it. So, even though the Subaru one was a year longer, I went with CARCHEX.

Aside from that, the Subaru one was more expensive. But initially, the first price that I was given at CARCHEX was higher than the one offered by Subaru. However, the gentleman went to his manager then the manager came out and took all the deductions for different items. So, once we got to all the little things that he was able to make deductions for then we became much less than the other one which has worked out really well. Their rep was also very good and very helpful. He answered all of my questions and in our conversation, I finally got around to what's not covered and the list was coming up pretty short considering. So, I felt that if I'm gonna buy one, I'm going to buy the best since the price was lower than the one that wasn't the best they had. So, for me, I got a better extended warranty at a lower price and I'm pretty happy.

So far, I'll see how it works out. It's like an insurance policy. You have it, but you're hoping never to use it. But it's gonna be very valuable just for the peace of mind. Outbacks aren't notorious for being glued to the shop, so I may never have to use it and for me, I don't wanna use it. But if I have to, it's nice to know that you got something there that will take care of business. All in all, my experience was straight to the point and I'd recommend CARCHEX.

Bill,

Thank you for leaving your review with us! Very glad to hear we could help set you up with coverage for your Outback. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any additional questions!

Jason N.

Director of Customer Service

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CARCHEX ?

Original review: March 26, 2020

My service contract advisor, Sterling, and his supervisor, Daniel, were very helpful. They have me a steep discount for paying in full. They assisted me when we needed to change information and upgrade the contract. Pros: great options and choices, willing to meet needs, and have adequate coverage options. Good rating reviews. Seen transparent on coverage (will know more when we have to use).

Cons: price was a bit higher than others, but they were willing to give some discounts, optional high tech and other options not discussed and cost more to add. Getting customer loyalty department was impossible to get a hold of and never returned calls (however, with the virus outbreak limitations, they may have been understaffed). Had to call advisor several times, but he was The only one who called back or seemed who could help me. Some miscommunication on adding the optional coverage. Was told it would be added as a one time compliment without additional cost, but was told later that they were unable to do it.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I am really happy I signed up with Carchex. I got a reasonable price, can pay it monthly and am covered on my Mercedes (on which everything costs a lot). Very pleased with the coverage and helpfulness of the agent.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I just got off the line with Endurance before calling Carchex. The endurance representative was really rude right upon answering the call. I just hung up on him and spoke to MANDY from carchex and she was absolutely amazing!!! I couldn’t have asked for a better representative to speak to. I was really iffy on buying the warranty but she sold me with all of the info and detail she put in. She was also very friendly and very very human-like. I hate getting on the phone and feel like I’m talking to a robot. She was definitely not a robot for carchex, she was her own person and her personality alone sold me the warranty. Great job carchex. I’m excited to have you guys for my warranty plan!

Original review: March 14, 2020

I feel like I got a good price and a good product. It's just the overall experience is not fun. Although my rep was nice and knowledgeable, conversations are all very rushed, robotic and unauthentic. Very scripted and all of you warranty companies are very high pressure, and you're easily irritated when challenged. Kinda feels like dealing with a car salesman at a dealership, which is never a good time. Again, I'm confident I have a good product, I just feel like I need a shower after calling and talking to a few warranty companies. It's not personal against my rep, it's just obviously how all the reps are trained.

Original review: March 14, 2020

I recently signed up for this service and have not used it. Mainly purchased this to ensure a problem free future. One less thing to worry about. I was told to expect a copy of the contract to read prior to receiving a hard copy in the mail, but have not seen that, yet.

CARCHEX Company Information