toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Mervin,

We are happy to have you as a customer! Thank you for taking the time to leave your review with us, and for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: May 8, 2017

Great service, the price was perfect, awesome value... I did a lot of research and this company offer the best value for the money... great service. Customer service was excellent. Look no further. This is the company to go with. Hands down help is always there.

This was truly a different experience! Despite my concerns about scam extended warranties, I embarked on a search that led me to Carchex and Karen **. The terms of the warranty are thorough and I had it on good advice that the company behind the warranty was easy to work with, hence the 5-star rating. Now, a bit about Ms. **... Never in my 67 years have I had to deal with a sales person like her. If I could give her 10 on a 1-5 scale I would do it! Waaay too pleasant, considerate and polite to be a phone sales rep. Just a delight to work with. Thank you, Karen!

I realized my Warranty had expired when I started receiving offers from companies that offer extended warranties. I realized that I will be keeping my present car (5 years old, with 63,000 miles) for another 5 years minimum, so I started researching extended car warranties online using Google search. The search revealed two companies that were both 5 star rated. After speaking with both companies I went with Carchex. They were by far the most informative, the most relaxed, and the most helpful. I must have spent at least 30 minutes on the phone with James ** (Carchex), and because of the time, the approach, and what the policy offered, I felt very positive about purchasing a service policy with Carchex for 5 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. Because of James **, Carchex's 5 star rating and the ability to use the policy at any car repair in the U.S., with 24-hour help, plus towing, I just could not pass it up.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a very expensive vehicle and in case of a much needed repair, I didn’t wanna it to be out of my pocket. I searched all warranty companies and noticed that CARCHEX had a better plan and quality of what I needed for this particular truck. The sales rep was also great.

CARCHEX

Dave, thank you for the detailed review! Very glad to hear you have had a positive experience with us. Thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

CARCHEX has good service and I've never had a problem. I have three vehicles covered by them currently and also had one before. Everything that's covered has been covered. Whenever I've taken a car in, my service advisor takes care of the problem. I've recommended CARCHEX to a couple of people who would’ve taken advantage of it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Knowing that I'm going to hang on to my vehicle for quite a while, having an extended coverage is extremely valuable. I was secured by a different provider at first, then I started checking around and Carchex seemed like a good deal. Their specialist explained what was covered, the terms of the warranty and the terms of payment. He thoroughly assisted me and answered all my questions. It was a totally satisfactory experience and they didn't keep me on the phone forever.

I really hope that my 2nd around with Carchex is better than the 1st w/ Carchex & Assurant. Too much confusion managing the policy... who does what to the policy should be handled in one place. It's really too expensive not to be satisfied.

Costly and technology coverage was extra; these days, that's half the car! Salesmen was very helpful though and helped me gain comfort level with the decision (given some online negative reviews which everyone seems to get but are nevertheless concerning). So far so good.

I just purchased a warranty for my 2012 Audi S5. The specialist named Kenisha was absolutely a pleasure to deal with as I processed my options while it came to selecting a suitable warranty for my vehicle. Unlike other warranty companies who have poor customer service CARCHEX didn't. Hopefully my claim process (if ever) will go as smooth as the selection process.

Mr. ** was wonderful to me and very knowledgeable. He was very helpful in explaining everything to me to make sure I understand what was going on. I will definitely be referring family and friends to him when given the opportunity to do so.

Allyson,

Thank you for leaving your review with us! We are happy to have you as a customer.

Original review: May 8, 2017

New Client. Haven't received my packet yet but so far so good. Customer service was excellent and for the most part thorough. I hope to refer friends and family once I experience the services provided. Thank you Carchex!! I will be in touch.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CARCHEX ?

Jacquline,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with Jason. thank you for leaving your review with us!

Original review: May 8, 2017

I purchased a warranty with CARCHEX. I was very well informed and the salesman were very knowledgeable about their warranty. Jason ** was very helpful and understanding. He explained things in a way I could understand. I would recommend CARCHEX to anyone wanting or would like to purchase a extended warranty.

Aaron,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with Nikki. Thank you for leaving your review with us!

Original review: May 4, 2017

I needed to acquire an extended plan for my 2007, Mercedes E550 4Matic. The receptionist, who goes by the name Niki, was very helpful. She patiently answered all my questions and was adept in explaining the different plans. I was able to choose a plan that would meet my needs.

Regina,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your review with us! Thank you for choosing CARCHEX.

Original review: May 3, 2017

I dealt with Andrew **. He was great and answered all my questions about a warranty for my husband's car. My dad referred me to this company for the warranty, since the dealerships charge a ridiculous amount. The warranty also covers labor and just has a $100 deductible with is awesome!

Factual basis uncertain

I purchased this warranty for my vehicle, and unfortunately I had the unpleasant experience within the first month to have to put in a claim or maybe a true blessing. My situation started 32 days into warranty, 1000 miles, 1 payment received and 2nd en route. My vehicle began having some serious mechanical complication while driving so I pulled over and notified roadside assistance Carchex provided me with. I proceeded to contact the representative from roadside assist, the initial conversation that took place started out basic. What was the problem with vehicle, what was my location, then the complete chaos started.

I was asked for my location numerous times. Told I was covered for 75.00 max for tow, I asked for the rep to call me back with a time for the tow truck would arrive and if she was positive it would only 75.00 because I have 2 other services I can use. No reply. For an hour, my phone calls went unanswered and on hold. After speaking with supervisors, the same rep again I asked for the tow company's name to finally find out what was happening. After over 2hrs come to find out the tow co, is dispatching out of Florida when I'm in NJ. 3hrs later at the mechanic shop 5 miles from where the tow took place on Friday the 21st.

I spoke with the mechanics at the shop, explained what was wrong with the vehicle and that I had a warranty I purchased and can they please follow the policy for a claim. Both mechanics looked at me and said they want something in writing from me before doing any work on the vehicle because they were very leery of dealing with warranty co. I assured them my vehicle was covered showed them the contract and even made a phone call to Carchex from the mechanic shop on speaker with specific questions in regards to what was covered under warranty in the engine i.e. lubricated parts pumps, entire engine block injectors, cylinder heads, piston rings, rods, bearings ext. With that confirming phone call and overview of contract in hand the mechanic said he will make the necessary phone call Monday due to the late arrival of my vehicle.

Monday came. Claims dept was notified vehicle was in shop for repair. Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon. No call from carchex for rental car. Computer diagnostic tests were done on the vehicle called a injector buzz test, cylinder contribution test which showed improper compression from injectors. First call to the claims dept from the mechanic he was asked if he was willing to negotiate without giving a bill or even a diagnosis of the problem.

Tuesday 2nd call to claims dept with results of test, denied coverage. Rep stated injectors were not covered under policy. The mechanics reply, "I spoke with the customer. He and I read the contract and also spoke to a rep at carchex who confirmed these precise parts were under warranty or I would have never got involved with this repair." The claims rep replied, "The part in question doesn't fall under engine block or lubrication." It fall under fuel and he doesn't know who told him from carchex it was covered, and that "The customer better read his contract again."

So for some unknown reason I figured I would call carchex where I purchased my warranty from and explain my situation there. I would have the pleasure of endless phone conversation getting nowhere. The explanation of the denial of my claim WAS NOW because it was part of the electrical system and that's not covered, AND ALSO it happened right after my policy took effect. I HAD THE PLEASANT surprise of speaking to the most talented mechanic of all when a woman in the Carchex office close to 200 miles away gave her own of diagnosis of my diesel engine injectors failing and quote, "I find it highly unlikely you just broke down. Your mechanical problem was pre existing." CLASSIC. 3RD PERSON I talked to in the office for help told me he worked for Ford and that the injectors fall under electrical not covered under warranty.

After numerous calls and hours on the phone I simply explained when I purchased the warranty the rep told me the entire engine was covered all lubricated parts transfer case trans and then went on to say no electrical. Not something lubricated in the engine block. Not something specifically asked on a number of occasions before purchasing the warranty. Not something specifically asked in front 2 mechanics before wasting their time. The rep went back and check phone calls to see if anything was said in reference to injectors, there were so many phone calls made that was a total ridiculous, excuse. I offered a easy solution. Call the mechanic shop. You will have 2 witnesses. The representative continued to split hairs on issue. The injectors technically are in the engine block, are a lubricated part, part was confirmed to be under warranty by representatives from Carchex.

Today is 5-1-17. Last conversation on 4-28-17. I was left on the side of the road for 3 hrs. No rental car for week. Nothing settled, truck is still in shop. Delayed work. Never an 3 people denied my claim. No one came to inspect the vehicle everywhere. This company had no intention on paying my claim and did everything they could to simply ignore their obligation to repair my vehicle and even my safety. This has been a dose of reality. This company uses 2 different contractors, claims, roadside assist, and when something goes wrong they want to blame the other contractor. This experience has been a nightmare to say the least. Tried to at least get reimbursed for not providing any service, good luck.

I really did not want to give them 1 star, mandatory from site from any follow up message from Carchex on this matter to somehow relieve themselves of total ignorance on this incident should only show the level of dishonesty they will resort to. My tow phone calls times receipt mechanics. Test, shop, confirmation of engine diagram - schematics contract, rep approval of parts, no authorization for a rental car, storage fees.

Resolution In Progress

Ms. Jones,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback. In review of your call with your Vehicle Protection Specialist, you were properly advised your down payment was being processed on 4/29/2017. You were advised of your next payment being due 5/29/2017 and that you had 30 days to review the coverage for a full refund.

We were able to verify you did call Sunday night 4/30/2017 and advised your representative you wanted to cancel the policy. We apologize the representative did not return your call.

We tried to reach you to discuss this and personally emailed you to help but did not receive a response. Your policy has been cancelled and a full refund has been issued as you requested.

If there is anything further we can do to assist you, please give us a call at (877)227-2439 Ext. 6002.

Best Regards,

Jason Nierwienski

CARCHEX Customer Service Manager

Original review: May 1, 2017

I was told I had 30 days to review and cancel but was immediately charged to my account the same day! Then I was unable to get Carolyn to answer the phone to cancel. I have to go through the bank to stop payment on this transaction!

Stephen,

Thank you for your review of CARCHEX. We are glad to hear you enjoyed speaking with Shanita! Please reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding your plan.

Original review: May 1, 2017

Shanita ** provided excellent customer service. Her initial and subsequent calls were professional, prompt, thorough and friendly!!! I value great customer service, and I feel Shanita demonstrated just that... Until I have a need to submit a claim, I will not be able to speak to the effectiveness of the warranty. However, if warranty service it is on the same level of service provided by Shanita, I am confident I will be satisfied.

Gerrick,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed speaking with Dan! Thank you for your review.

Original review: May 1, 2017

Excellent customer service from Dan and a very refreshing attitude during the whole process. He was very patient with me and made sure I understand fully what I was getting and the amount of coverage I had on my vehicle and also made it very affordable.

Otis,

Thank you for the review! We are pleased to hear of your experience with us thus far. Thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: April 27, 2017

As a new customer with CarChex, my experience so far has been great. Customer Service was exceptional and Ian ** worked with me to make sure that I had the needed coverage at the best price. Highly recommend him as the person to work with for an extended warranty. Waiting to see how this works out in the long term.

Erick,

Thank you for leaving your review with us, and for choosing CARCHEX! We are happy to have you as a customer.

Original review: April 27, 2017

Thank You Shanita ** for your patience. It took me days and days then I finally chose to purchase a WARRANTY. I FEEL a bit a relief, my Cadillac will be in good hands. I'm great I chose CARCHEX over Endurance!!! And again thank You Shanita ** for being patient with me!

Rodger,

Thank you for choosing CARCHEX! We appreciate you leaving your review with us. Please reach out should you have any additional questions regarding you plan.

Original review: April 25, 2017

I'm glad I called. I just recently retired and was looking for an affordable extended warranty for my car and this is how I found Carchex. After doing some research online and comparing similar companies and watching all the TV ads, I found through my research that Carchex seemed to be the best, and had the best customer service ratings.

Jacqueline,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your review with us!

Original review: April 24, 2017

Placed extra protection on my vehicle. I am very satisfied. Customer service was very good when making their sale. She was very good at breaking everything down for me. I would recommend this to other people. I like how she explained everything to me.

Robert,

Glad to hear your Protection specialist was able to assist you! Thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: April 23, 2017

The lady I spoke I think her name was Linda was very helpful. One of reasons I signed with your company was her. I called 2 other companies for information and quotes, prices were all about the same, but I chose your company because of her.

Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review with us. We are very happy to have you as a loyal CARCHEX customer!

Original review: April 20, 2017

Third vehicle I have used them for. Best in the business with low prices and great service. Took care of what I wanted within 1 hour of sending an email. Service rep on the email answered all my question and followed up with a phone call.

Tameka,

We are very happy to hear Marcellus was able to assist you! Please feel free to reach back out to him should you have any additional questions. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your review with us!

Original review: April 19, 2017

Marcellus was uber awesome, and I don't say that like ever. For anyone to get that from me has to have given me the utmost excellent customer service period. Thank you very much. I just got this car repair coverage.

This company has been a nightmare!!! First I was told lifters was not a lubricated part of an engine!!! Once they figured out it was they now are still doing everything they can to deny me by telling me I had to provide EVERYTHING I have had done to my car since I purchased my car which was 2014. Once I explained that I only had to provide proof from the date of purchase of my Warranty I sent them in by fax on Monday. It's 3 days later and now I'm told they want the shop to open my engine and if they deny it I'm stuck with that bill, my rental car and I have missed work due to the fact I'm waiting on them to actually do their job.

When I called them crying and explained to them I'm a single working mom of 3 teens and couldn't lose my job, house and car Terry the manager told me that was my problem!!! I have been lied to over and over again by this company. This is the worst experience I've had with a warranty company!!! What kind of company leaves their customers with bill after bill and still not have a running vehicle??? I have followed all their rules, jumped through hoops and still haven't heard anything from them. I'm in tears!!! Please don't use this company. Take the money you would give them every month and put it in a saving account. That way when you have an issue you can just go to the bank and get it fixed yourself. Save yourself the headache of dealing with Carchex.

Joseph,

Thank you for your review of CARCHEX and your Vehicle Protection Specialist. We appreciate your time, and are happy to have you have you as a customer!

Original review: April 15, 2017

The rep was good and very informative. I would recommend to a friend. Treated me with a friendly attitude and tries to resolve their problem or question as efficiently as possible. Very Good rep. Can't say enough. Very helpful. Sent emails out in a timely manner.

Alvin,

We are pleased to hear that Chris was able to assist in setting you up with coverage on your vehicle! Thank you for the review, and for being a CARCHEX customer.

Original review: April 13, 2017

Awesome experience. Chris assisted me to include numerous emails and phone conversations. Warranty coverage and the fact that I will be working with Chris should I need assistance is reassuring to say the least. Coverage is exceptional and they are licensed to do business in California!! Very few auto warranty companies are licensed to business in California! Purchased with full confidence!!

Jorge,

We re happy to hear of your pleasant experience when speaking to your Vehicle Protection Specialist. Thank you for leaving you review with us!

Original review: April 13, 2017

The person whom I spoke with was very polite. Answered all questions with patience and great knowledge. I did not get the coverage the same day I called. There was no pressure. I like my coverage although it could be a lil cheaper. Other than that I now have a peace of mind. Thank you for your business.

Tammy,

We are happy to hear of your pleasant experience when speaking with your Vehicle Protection Specialist! Thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: April 5, 2017

Servicer was very polite and friendly and very willing to help the fit my budget. My brother recommended him to me, he was very happy with his service and thought I should give it a try on his advice. I set up warranty with this company. So far so good.

Troy,

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your time, and are happy to have you as a customer.

Original review: April 5, 2017

I have to write this... D. ** for Carchex was tremendous! The main reason I purchase my warranty. Subtle but straightforward! Very professional! He explained in detail every step of my warranty, even compared what I had with competitors. I got a SUPERB DEAL!

Jennifer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are happy to hear Crystal was able to assist you! Please reach out should you have any additional questions regarding your plan.

Original review: April 4, 2017

I'm glad I chose this extended Warranty on my 2013 BMW which can be unwanted cost out of pocket expensive. The Representatives clearly stated what would be covered, very satisfied with her courtesy, how she explained what would best visit my budget. High Five to Crystal!!

Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review with us. Please don't hesitate to reach out in the meantime, should you have any additional questions regarding your Vehicle Protection Plan.

Original review: April 4, 2017

I contacted 2 or 3 aftermarket warranty companies and the service person selling their coverage package seemed very knowledgeable and nice. The price seemed very fair and complete, so let's see how it goes if I have a claim! I gave them 4 out of 5 stars. I will be glad to change that to a 5 if claims are taken care of!

William,

We are happy to hear of your pleasant experience when speaking with Ryan and are glad he could assist you. Thank you for leaving your review with us!

Original review: April 4, 2017

My only experience with CARCHEX has been with the young man that sold me the coverage. His name is Ryan **, he was very professional, very friendly and most important he listened to me when I talked, it was a pleasure doing business with him.

Shante,

We are happy to hear your representative was able to assist you! Thank you for leaving your review with us.

Original review: April 3, 2017

The representative that helped me was extremely knowledgeable when promoting the service plan. It was a great deal and I decided to invest in the program. The deals that was offered was excellent, the representative was very understanding when it came to me asking several questions regarding the service plan.

Charles,

Thank you for leaving your review with us! We are pleased to hear you had a great experience with Sean. Very glad to have you as a CARCHEX customer, and we appreciate your business!

Original review: April 3, 2017

Customer service was fabulous. Sean was outstanding. I am a repeat customer with two policies. One for me & one for my wife. I generally don't believe in extended warranties, but after a review of your Titanium policy, I was sold.

CARCHEX Company Profile