Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.23/5

We're passionate about advocating to help consumers throughout the entire process of purchasing and maintaining a car. CARCHEX Vehicle Protection Specialists are committed to providing consumers with peace of mind by listening to the specific needs of each customer to find the highest level of coverage at the lowest possible price.

BOTTOM LINE

CARCHEX is an affordable extended auto warranty option, in addition to being a great choice for high-mileage cars. Although CARCHEX's contracts can be difficult to comprehend, their representatives can help you understand what you're getting into.

PROS

• Accepts high-mileage cars
  • Partners with charitable organizations
  • Affordable plans available
  • Available in California

CONS

• Some contracts are non-renewable
  • Exotic vehicles not covered

Top CARCHEX Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CARCHEX ?

I have had CARCHEX in the past and was very satisfied with their service. I have returned and am sure I can expect the same high quality service as before. I shopped around and the price is more than fair. I would recommend this extended warranty to anyone.

These people are great, military friendly, fast and courteous. They treat you look like family and not just another customer. I was expecting to wait on hold for extended period of time but they answered right away. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for an extended warranty.

CARCHEX Call Now Toll Free (866) 254-0172 Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

CARCHEX cost

The average price for a five-year contract is about $1,500, making CARCHEX a highly affordable option. You can expect to pay approximately 2 cents per mile of coverage. CARCHEX prices are some of the lowest rates around. Costs do vary, though, based on your vehicle’s mileage, year, make and model. The mileage coverage can range from 36,000 miles to 125,000. The best way to get an idea of the cost is to get a quote directly from CARCHEX.

CARCHEX allows a maximum payment schedule of 24 months. This allows customers a long time to pay off their extended auto warranty. No down payment is required during this period. CARCHEX accepts all major credit cards and also has a 30-day money back guarantee in the case that you decide CARCHEX isn’t right for you. You won’t be charged a penny.

CARCHEX plans

CARCHEX offers five coverage options. These options have further plans to choose from, making sixteen choices in all. Every CARCHEX warranty is, at a minimum, a powertrain warranty. This means that the transmission, drive axles, engine and the rest of the vehicle’s powertrain are covered.

Plan nameType of coverageTerm lengthsBest for
Titanium CoverageBumper-to-bumper7–10 yearsComprehensive coverage
Platinum CoverageStated-component5–10 yearsShort-term coverage
Gold CoverageComprehensive5–10 yearsVehicles over 60,000 miles
Silver CoverageEssential6–7 yearsBasic coverage
Bronze CoverageMajor systems5–6 yearsAffordability

CARCHEX coverage

Customers must wait 30 days and 1,000 miles before the extended auto warranty coverage from CARCHEX kicks in. This is a standard requirement among extended auto warranty providers. Not every CARCHEX extended warranty is renewable. Make sure to inquire about this beforehand when speaking with a representative. CARCHEX limits coverage to cars under 150,000 miles.

Additional benefits from CARCHEX include towing, lockout services, flat tire changes, rental car coverage, roadside assistance and emergency fuel delivery for when you’ve run out of gas. You can also use the CARCHEX mobile app to help you find a certified vehicle repair facility nearby. This is especially important because all repairs must be performed by ASE-certified mechanics. Optional coverage includes emissions coverage, key fob protection and luxury electronics coverage.

A CARCHEX auto warranty can’t cover everything; for example, modified vehicles aren’t covered. This includes anything that wasn’t originally installed, like oversized tires, lift kits or a trailer hitch. It also won’t cover regular maintenance items like oil changes, new tires, wiper blades, spark plugs and some other basic car repairs.

Another big pro of CARCHEX is that coverage is available in California. Due to certain regulations, many extended auto warranties do not offer coverage there. CARCHEX is an exception.

Is CARCHEX worth it?

CARCHEX is worth it to those considering an extended auto warranty. The cost of CARCHEX is very low. In fact, it might be the cheapest you will find. In addition to their regular coverage, CARCHEX’s additional benefits like roadside service and fuel delivery can provide major peace of mind while you’re traveling. Plus, their app can help you find a compliant repair service location, so you know you’re in good hands. If you’re considering purchasing an extended auto warranty for your vehicle, make sure to consider CARCHEX.

CARCHEX Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CARCHEX?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CARCHEX ?

Original review: April 8, 2020

Initially, I really wanted to do a warranty through my dealership. But because of the pandemic, I've been trying for a month to get that done and couldn't. So, I had to explore other options online. I saw that the reviews for CARCHEX were good so I went off with that. Then, their rep gave a strong sales pitch, starting at the very top, and lucky for him, I was willing to not ask a lot of questions. The information that he gave me was very good then I went with a Titanium package. But I really wasn't offered any other options right away. Then after I had signed on, I wanted to know what was a Titanium pack. I looked online and found that there's a Gold, and there's a this and that. I felt like I should have asked more questions and I'm usually very good about that. But at the time, I was more concerned with monthly payments and CARCHEX was amenable to work with me.

Other than that, the first payment came out but I haven't gotten a contract. So, that's got me a little concerned. But if they're gonna play games, then I'll just cancel and go with somebody else. I also had to ask their rep at the end of my conversation with him if it was okay to cancel this contract at any time and he said I could cancel at any time. But it the salesperson didn't offer that up. I asked him straight out. All in all, it was an okay experience, though I wouldn't say it was great because they sold me the top thing without being upfront about my other options. The Titanium package was over 3,000 and that's pretty high. But the coverage is there, it is excellent, and I feel comfortable about it. The term is great as well. At the same time, I know that I overpaid for warranty and that I didn't receive all the information from CARCHEX. And I probably should have asked for that, so it was on me as a consumer.

Chris,

Thank you for your review! Very glad to hear we could assist in setting you up with coverage for your vehicle. Please reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding your plan. Thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

CARCHEX Customer Service

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

My car had been called a lemon by the dealership and it had things go wrong with it that should never have gone wrong this early in the game. For instance, the computer of the vehicle died and it was 50 to 100 miles before the warranty expired so it was covered. But the brain of your car should not be dead within three years or 60,000 miles. Also, my high-pressure fuel pump went out and they said they have never seen that in a Sedona. They also said they didn't know why mine went out.

When I talked to the dealership, they said they'd be happy to get me an extended warranty and that it was gonna cost $4,000. I just about choked. Then over the summer, from between May when I first contacted them saying I wanted the extended warranty and they've given me a quote in April, they switched whoever it was who handled their long term warranties and it doubled the cost of their warranties. That doesn't help the consumer and now, I had to handle it. So, I called Kia and they told me to look up extended warranty car coverages online through Prudential and other things. Then I Googled best extended car warranties and CARCHEX was listed on two websites that seemed reasonable. I went to BBB and I checked out some of the complaints about them. I hesitated a little longer because of what I read, but I decided that I was gonna go for it anyway.

When I purchased the warranty, their customer service was good but I did not like their manager. Despite that, the guy I talked to seemed really nice. I got the feeling that he'd give me this price now but if I'd call back later, it'd be higher. But I already contacted them with the intention of purchasing it, so they didn't have to sell me on it. What they had to do was make it cost-effective with a reasonable payment plan for me to be able to afford it. Still, the rep seemed to bend over backwards to get me a deal that would work for me and I liked him.

Sarah,

Thank you for your review! Very glad we could assist in setting you up with coverage for your KIA Sedona. Please don't hesitate to reach out should you have any additional questions regarding your plan!

CARCHEX Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

I had extended coverage with CarShield and I was not pleased with their coverage. When the salesman called me, he told me that my car would be covered from bumper to bumper, except for maintenance side of it like tires, brake pads, battery, radiator, and lights. When I had been with them a couple of months, I asked them to send me a policy. And I found that they had about three pages of exclusions that they didn't tell me about. So I felt that they had not been upfront with me and I didn't want to do business with them. They didn't cover seals, hoses, and anything on the emission system. There were a lot of things that they didn't cover that were mechanical terms that I did not understand. I decided that I wanted to go with a company that I could understand. So, I did some research and I called about six different extended warranties.

I spoke with CARCHEX and asked them specifically about the things that were not covered in the other extended warranties, and they were covered by CARCHEX, so I went with them. Also, the sales representatives were nice, efficient, and patient with me. They called me back. They checked with me too. They were good follow-up people. They were very polite and they seemed like they knew what they were talking about. I told them my experience from CarShield and they assured me that that would not be the case with this company. The representative went above and beyond. He gave me his name and personal extension number. He said if I have any problem, I could call him directly so I don’t have to call the company. I actually have a person that I can call and talk to. So, I really appreciated that.

However, I would like to receive a policy so that I could look over it for my scrutiny. I have paid the first payment, and I have it set up to come out every month, but I don’t have a policy. I understand that there are some exclusions, but I would like to know exactly what they are. But this company has less exclusions than most. At this particular point, I’m very satisfied and I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I take excellent care of my car, and I didn’t plan on trading it in. I was gonna keep the car. It’s a 2008 and I bought it in 2009. And so I didn’t wanna be without a warranty. I did my research, checked around with other extended warranty companies. And I went with CARCHEX because, initially, the person I got on the phone explained the warranty a lot better. I’ve been with CARCHEX long before. And I haven’t even used the warranty, but that’s a good thing. That means the car is in good shape. I just renewed and this is the third contract with them.

On my first year with CARCHEX, my dealer was able to get my car at a better situation. So I didn’t go through the CARCHEX warranty. I take my car only to the Lexus dealership. And so they were able to take care of my issue several years ago. CARCHEX makes things easy for my dealership and I like that because I’m busy.

Also, just before this last one expired, I had the car for service and it was just the undercover. I checked with CARCHEX and they said the part wouldn’t be covered because it was just normal wear and tear. Even when if it’s something that wasn’t covered by the plan, I didn’t got a, “No.” I got a explanation of, “Hey, this is not covered because it’s a normal wear and tear. It’s not a maintenance-type issue or a mechanical malfunction of the car.” She was able to go that extra mile to help me and she was even able to tell me about what it would cost to get it repaired and so forth. And so that was what I liked about them in that situation.

I went with CARCHEX just for peace of mind. When it was expiring last time, I thought they would let me know with a reminder or an email, and they didn’t. Fortunately, I remembered and I called them and their guy said, “Yeah, you’re still under warranty. It will be expiring soon.” I got a great person on the phone when I called the number. I call him CARCHEX guy. I have his number written down in a folder at home, and he's been really helpful. I’ve already recommended CARCHEX.

Gretchen,

We appreciate your review! Please reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding your plan.

CARCHEX Customer Service

Original review: July 20, 2019

I had recently bought a vehicle and there was no warranty on it. Having a warranty would help me a lot in repairs on my vehicle. I live on disability and for me to get something repaired, it would take me months of trying to save money to get it done. Whereas if something happens to my truck, the warranty can cover it and I don't have to worry about it. I went with Carchex because they have a big business and their rates were acceptable to my income. The person I spoke to when I was purchasing the warranty was very courteous and knowledgeable. They were talking to me nicely. Whereas the man from another group I was considering purchasing a warranty from before I signed on Carchex sounded really forceful and it stressed me out. I couldn’t deal with that. It’s like he was trying to pressure me so I didn't take on that company. I took on Carchex because the person I spoke to was very considerate. They took their time and explained things to me.

I was thoroughly assisted, but I didn't get any paperwork. They could sit there and talk to me and tell me over the phone all the things they cover, but then, it covers so much that when I hung up, I kinda forgot what was told to me. I would have loved to receive paperwork to explain in detail everything that they cover. The only thing I received was a copy of the contract, but I need more clarification. I’m having trouble getting ahold of anybody because I wanna know if they cover tune-ups. I’ve been trying all day yesterday to get ahold of somebody, and I couldn’t. I did get through one time but the woman’s voice on the other end of the line was so low that I could barely hear her. I asked her to speak up a couple of times and she just put me on hold again. It went to a voicemail so I was really frustrated. Except for that phone call yesterday, my experience with Carchex was good.

Tammyjo,

CARCHEX Customer Service

Original review: June 28, 2020

I was available to get all my concerns and needs met in purchasing the warranty. My agent was available in answering in a timely manner and I was able to examine the policy as stated in the mail. I felt very comfortable in purchasing an extended warranty as I have not done this in awhile. I have always owned newer cars and leased cars. I have decided to keep this car for awhile and felt it was good to invest in this product at this time since my car can be expensive to fix with all the electrical components in newer cars today.

Original review: June 27, 2020

The gentleman Omar was very helpful, informative and professional. He made getting an extended warranty very easy and painless. He helped me pick out the right plan for the right amount of my budget. I’m very pleased with my purchase.

Original review: June 27, 2020

I was very pleased with the rep. She explained everything thoroughly and devised a payment plan that is affordable. Very satisfied! I think CarChex is comparable to CarShield relating to price and coverage. CarChex is more reasonable with comparable coverage.

Original review: June 27, 2020

Have 2 BMW's and have talked to many Insurance Agencies to include our Primary USAA. After the air was cleared we (wife and I) settled on CARCHEX. Had to work the numbers/options with Steve Y to find a comfortable place. Again, thanks. Pat

Original review: June 26, 2020

Have not had any issues as of yet. Hoping I wont have to use this, but...if I do I am 100% positive they are going to be fair. Everyone I have talked to to set this up was fair and knowledgeable. Happy.

CARCHEX Company Information