toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Knowing that I'm going to hang on to my vehicle for quite a while, having an extended coverage is extremely valuable. I was secured by a different provider at first, then I started checking around and Carchex seemed like a good deal. Their specialist explained what was covered, the terms of the warranty and the terms of payment. He thoroughly assisted me and answered all my questions. It was a totally satisfactory experience and they didn't keep me on the phone forever.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought my truck new and will have it a year in February. If anything happens to it, it'd cost me to get it fixed so I purchased a protection plan from CARCHEX. They emailed me and I called them to check it out and it sounded good. I was satisfied with the plan plus the protection specialist was also very cooperative and informative. He answered all my questions and was really nice. I'd recommend them to a friend.

Had a small knock at start up, went away when engine reached operating temperature. Took my car to Napleton Hyundai in West Palm Beach. They diagnosed as bad crankshaft bearings. Napleton took care of everything - no problems. Had a loaner through the entire repair. Total cost to me was $100 defy cable. Current warranty about to expire, going to take out another policy. Well worth the cost. It looks like people who gave bad reviews tried to use policy as soon as they took it out and were denied as pre-existing problem, make sense to me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Purchasing a plan from CARCHEX was easy, and they're very helpful. Their rep showed me that I have 30 days to get my money back, if I decided not to go on with it anymore. Everything went very well. I like the fact that they work with the actual dealerships of the vehicles. It can be through another accredited shop, but they work along with the dealerships. So that means it's going to be actual Ford, or whatever manufacturer's part.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Carchex reps were very informative and pleasant on the phone and I got my package in a timely manner. But then I realized I had a problem as I had already paid for a different extended package when I bought my vehicle so I didn't need the Carchex warranty anymore. I then called CARCHEX back and explained what I had done and they were very cordial and sent me the paperwork right away and got the cancellation taken care of immediately. So that was wonderful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CARCHEX ?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a very expensive vehicle and in case of a much needed repair, I didn’t wanna it to be out of my pocket. I searched all warranty companies and noticed that CARCHEX had a better plan and quality of what I needed for this particular truck. The sales rep was also great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The cars now are like computers, and I've been very lucky thus far. The plan was attractive enough, and having an auto warranty seems a good idea. I never know what's going to happen to a vehicle. I'm at 86 days, 7,000 miles, and things start breaking down within the next 15,000 miles and it's good to have that little bit of coverage. I got my warranty from Carchex and my experience has been pretty good.

Phillip,

Thank you for taking the time to review CARCHEX! We are happy to have you as a customer.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

I've spoken to CARCHEX a few months ago and I’ve been meaning to call them back to purchase an extended warranty through them but I lost the number. Their rep happened to call me last week and it was good to hear from him because I was actually wanting to do it. He explained to me what it covers and sent me an email of the contract of what it covers in detail. I'd never know when I might need to use an extended coverage for my vehicle so I got the powertrain warranty, and I would recommend it.

Ron,

Thank you very much for the review! We appreciate your time.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

The one thing that always gets me is when a salesman is cocky but not cocky. They’re very thorough, competent and know they could answer any question I got and the guy from Carchex rep did. I was also very impressed with the price. Those other places want at least $250 upfront and $300 a month but not Carchex. The product pretty much sold itself and I just bought an extended warranty a few days ago. It’s for a V6 that we’ve done some work on. Considering that the car is going to my 16-year old daughter in seven months, having the vehicle protection plan is very valuable since we don't know what's going to happen.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The extended warranty on my car had expired in July. It's essential to have a vehicle protection plan in case of something happening and it was easy to buy the Carchex protection plan. The only problem I had when purchasing it, and I can't say it came from Carchex, is that after I gave my financial institution information, my bank account was compromised. But other than that I’m happy with my experience. Their reps were very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.

Sergio,

Thank you for leaving your review with us! We are happy to have you as a customer.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

I currently have a vehicle with an extended coverage but it's going to expire within a year. It's very valuable to have coverage to eliminate cost in the future. It’s a gamble and I may not need it but I want to have the peace of mind. I went ahead and looked at my options from different companies with coverage and my interactions with the protection specialist from Carchex was really good. She was very, very helpful. She explained everything about the product and the options.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The rep that I dealt with was very knowledgeable and courteous. Having the extended warranty is very valuable to me because it means I wouldn’t have to pay a whole lot of money for repairs and make car payments at the same time. Overall, I've had a very satisfactory experience with Carchex and I would recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We took a vacation and we wanted to make sure nothing happened so we got an extended coverage from CARCHEX. I called four other ones and CARCHEX had the best customer service, hands down. A rep from another company got snarky with me and almost hung up on me.

Derrick,

Thank you for the kind review regarding our customer service. Please reach out should you have any additional questions regarding your plan!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

CARCHEX seemed like a good company. They got an office that's not too close and I don't have to deal with anybody in another state. I like the overall experience of talking to the customer service agent. He was knowledgeable, courteous and excellent. Any questions I had to ask, he always had the answer. I would recommend them.

CARCHEX

Happy to hear you had a positive experience with Justin. Please feel free to reach out should you have any questions regarding your plan! Thank you for the reivew.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

CARCHEX did an excellent job and as long as they’re what they say they are, I will be doing a lot of business with them. They're all right with me if there’s a number one company that represents well on everything from tire, road hazards, brake and all that good stuff. Their rep Justin was courteous considering that folks are just not as respectful as they should be.

Catherine,

We thank you for choosing CARCHEX! Thank you for leaving your review with us. Please feel free to reach back out to Will should you have any further questions regarding your plan.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2016

I bought a 2011 car and its mileage is very low. I realized that because it’s a little bit older and I don’t have tons of money tucked away in a savings account for repairs, I thought its best to go ahead and get a warranty. I originally went with Warranty Direct because the price was about $50 to $60 cheaper and the coverage potentially was the same.

Then CARCHEX called me on Monday, the 31st, and I spoke with Will who was phenomenal and he said that he can price match what I'm paying and I've to send him my contract because he has to go to his GM and get approval for it. I did and he called me back and said that there was something in the exclusions in the Warranty Direct contract that he was sure I did not understand. So we went over it on the computer and he told me that none of the technical specialty bulletins which were 26th on my car were covered. I understood then that the special bulletins meant that anything that was covered in them would not be covered in the warranty. I switched to CARCHEX and it was a relatively easy process.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Having a vehicle protection plan is valuable because one never knows what's going to happen. I have an older vehicle and it didn't come with a warranty from the dealership so I got an extended coverage from CARCHEX. Their reps were knowledgeable and friendly.

Andy,

Very glad to hear you enjoyed speaking with Ryan. We are happy to have you as a customer. Please reach out should you have any further questions regarding your plan. Thank you for the review.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

I asked a friend, the Mercedes dealer, which extended warranty companies are reputable and he gave me CARCHEX's name. The costs of repairs are so high so having a protection plan is imperative. My purchasing experience with CARCHEX was excellent and easy. The person who dealt with me was Ryan and he was very informative, polite, efficient, patient, and I was very, very impressed with him. I was given all the explanation I needed on the policy, on the various options on what was covered, and the differences between each policy. Ryan provided the answers to all the questions I needed to be answered. Everything was very efficient, speedy, and there were no problems and no hassle. So, it really was a very good experience.

Factual basis uncertain

I purchased that warranty from Carchex. After 2 months the check engine light went on then I went to the certified Acura dealer. They diagnosed the car and found internal transmission problem that needs to be replaced the transmission. The dealer called the Carchex and they said it is covered but they have to send their own inspector. He came and checked the car and turned the check engine light off and disputed the claim saying the dealership denied to let him use their tools. When I talked to the dealership they said this never happened. When I called the Carchex they said the dealer trying to make money and they will not pay for the part that supposed to be covered by the contract. So do not waste your time and money.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Having a vehicle protection plan is really valuable because the car starts messing up after one gets finished paying for it. With Carchex, I paid for two years and got a five-year deal. Their staff treated me real good. He answered all the questions that needed to be answered and I actually thought I was talking to one of my buddies at one point. He told me that my deductible is only $100 and then everything is paid for and I liked that.

CARCHEX

Dave, thank you for the detailed review! Very glad to hear you have had a positive experience with us. Thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

CARCHEX has good service and I've never had a problem. I have three vehicles covered by them currently and also had one before. Everything that's covered has been covered. Whenever I've taken a car in, my service advisor takes care of the problem. I've recommended CARCHEX to a couple of people who would’ve taken advantage of it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It's valuable to me to have a vehicle protection plan and for peace of mind, I acquired an extended coverage for my vehicle. I got it from CARCHEX because they have the lowest price and have been in business the longest time. Also, the rep I talked with acted nice.

Be prepared to pay for a portion of the Parts for your repairs. They will NOT cover the full cost of parts. They do cover the labor - but I would expect that. They will search online for After Market parts and will only cover the costs of what they find online at the time... It could be a part on eBay. I had to have struts and strut suspension replaced, they only covered half the costs of the parts. This work requires an alignment. They won't cover any of that. If you're looking for a warranty to cover the labor for your repairs and half the costs of your parts, then this company is for you. If you expect the full costs of your parts and labor covered (like most warranty companies do), then you need to stay away from Carchex!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I just bought a new car and I have an extended auto warranty through the dealership but I wasn't satisfied with what they charge and what it covered so I decided to do it on my own. The guy at CARCHEX explained everything to me and it was a very easy transaction. He went over the details with me and did point out some differences between their warranties and some of their competitors’ and it seemed like they had the best warranty plan.

Robert,

We appreciate the feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave your review with us.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2016

I'm a returning CARCHEX customer. They have a good product, good price, and rate is real, real good. I checked with my dealership and they recommended them. Having a vehicle protection plan is valuable as it helps with the expenses. Everybody at CARCHEX has been great but it’s real hard ever getting through to anybody on the phone. They need to up their customer service as far as answering the phones. I called several times to try to get coverage. I needed to cancel coverage because I sold the vehicle and I wanted to add another vehicle. It took me almost a week to get through. I had hold times in excess of an hour and I’ve sent several emails. I finally got their customer service manager's email and I sent there. Then I got a phone call the next morning.

Deborah,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review with us!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2016

Carchex was pretty much the only one that I knew about and the platinum protection sounded good that's why I went with it in case things happen with my car. The rep was very helpful and told me what follows with the plan, if I needed any roadside assistance, etc.

James,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review with us!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

The representative from CARCHEX that I spoke to was pretty good and kept calling me about the warranty. The price seemed reasonable. The purchasing experience was good and I didn't have a problem. I was satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was against the extended warranty because with my dealership, it didn't sit well with me that I had to pay an enormous amount of money. But the young lady from CARCHEX made me feel better about spending that money on my vehicle. I love my car but I wasn't willing to shell out that money, so I cut her off. But after hearing her out I now I see why she told me it was worthwhile. After speaking with her, a family member told me it was the best deal and I should have done it beforehand. I have to thank that young lady for what she did. I told her to not quit her job because she was good at what she was doing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My other warranty expired by 116,000 and I had 119,000 on it and they didn't tell me. I called Carchex and they were very friendly. They were pretty much on hand and they had a good price. I'm also trying to get my son to Carchex.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I bought a car, I didn't get it with a warranty. Then I was hanging out with a friend and he told me about CARCHEX. Their protection specialist was very informative. I made a payment for the warranty and there was a 30-day wait for it to kick in. I’ll recommend it to friends, especially if they have an expensive vehicle since expensive vehicles come expensive repairs. It's very valuable. I have a 490 note and if my car breaks down, it may be about $1,500 to $2,000 worth of work and I’ll be jammed up. I don't want to be in that position. I would rather stay in the $185 monthly and be protected as opposed to not being protected.

CARCHEX Company Profile