Call toll free
4.36/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

We're passionate about advocating to help consumers throughout the entire process of purchasing and maintaining a car. CARCHEX Vehicle Protection Specialists are committed to providing consumers with peace of mind by listening to the specific needs of each customer to find the highest level of coverage at the lowest possible price.

BOTTOM LINE

CARCHEX is an affordable extended auto warranty option, in addition to being a great choice for high-mileage cars. Although CARCHEX's contracts can be difficult to comprehend, their representatives can help you understand what you're getting into.

PROS

• Accepts high-mileage cars
  • Partners with charitable organizations
  • Affordable plans available
  • Available in California

CONS

• Some contracts are non-renewable
  • Exotic vehicles not covered

Top CARCHEX Reviews

12/20/2018

I have had CARCHEX in the past and was very satisfied with their service. I have returned and am sure I can expect the same high quality service as before. I shopped around and the price is more than fair. I would recommend this extended warranty to anyone.

02/18/2019

These people are great, military friendly, fast and courteous. They treat you look like family and not just another customer. I was expecting to wait on hold for extended period of time but they answered right away. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for an extended warranty.

CARCHEX cost

The average price for a five-year contract is about $1,500, making CARCHEX a highly affordable option. You can expect to pay approximately 2 cents per mile of coverage. CARCHEX prices are some of the lowest rates around. Costs do vary, though, based on your vehicle’s mileage, year, make and model. The mileage coverage can range from 36,000 miles to 125,000. The best way to get an idea of the cost is to get a quote directly from CARCHEX.

CARCHEX allows a maximum payment schedule of 24 months. This allows customers a long time to pay off their extended auto warranty. No down payment is required during this period. CARCHEX accepts all major credit cards and also has a 30-day money back guarantee in the case that you decide CARCHEX isn’t right for you. You won’t be charged a penny.

CARCHEX plans

CARCHEX offers five coverage options. These options have further plans to choose from, making sixteen choices in all. Every CARCHEX warranty is, at a minimum, a powertrain warranty. This means that the transmission, drive axles, engine and the rest of the vehicle’s powertrain are covered.

Plan nameType of coverageTerm lengthsBest for
Titanium CoverageBumper-to-bumper7–10 yearsComprehensive coverage
Platinum CoverageStated-component5–10 yearsShort-term coverage
Gold CoverageComprehensive5–10 yearsVehicles over 60,000 miles
Silver CoverageEssential6–7 yearsBasic coverage
Bronze CoverageMajor systems5–6 yearsAffordability

CARCHEX coverage

Customers must wait 30 days and 1,000 miles before the extended auto warranty coverage from CARCHEX kicks in. This is a standard requirement among extended auto warranty providers. Not every CARCHEX extended warranty is renewable. Make sure to inquire about this beforehand when speaking with a representative. CARCHEX limits coverage to cars under 150,000 miles.

Additional benefits from CARCHEX include towing, lockout services, flat tire changes, rental car coverage, roadside assistance and emergency fuel delivery for when you’ve run out of gas. You can also use the CARCHEX mobile app to help you find a certified vehicle repair facility nearby. This is especially important because all repairs must be performed by ASE-certified mechanics. Optional coverage includes emissions coverage, key fob protection and luxury electronics coverage.

A CARCHEX auto warranty can’t cover everything; for example, modified vehicles aren’t covered. This includes anything that wasn’t originally installed, like oversized tires, lift kits or a trailer hitch. It also won’t cover regular maintenance items like oil changes, new tires, wiper blades, spark plugs and some other basic car repairs.

Another big pro of CARCHEX is that coverage is available in California. Due to certain regulations, many extended auto warranties do not offer coverage there. CARCHEX is an exception.

Is CARCHEX worth it?

CARCHEX is worth it to those considering an extended auto warranty. The cost of CARCHEX is very low. In fact, it might be the cheapest you will find. In addition to their regular coverage, CARCHEX’s additional benefits like roadside service and fuel delivery can provide major peace of mind while you’re traveling. Plus, their app can help you find a compliant repair service location, so you know you’re in good hands. If you’re considering purchasing an extended auto warranty for your vehicle, make sure to consider CARCHEX.

2498 CARCHEX Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

When buying a car, if the person selling you the vehicle is trying to keep you from leaving, then 9 times out of 10 it’s a bad deal. But the person who knows they're giving you the best deal and coverage out there is gonna let you go if you wanna go and search. The people at CARCHEX, however, were confident and I like that. It was kind of a given to get an extended coverage for my Mercedes-Benz because their parts are expensive. And insurance doesn’t really cover everything that you need so you wanna make sure that you’re covered and that you’re getting a good deal. It’s a luxury vehicle and you wanna keep up with it.

I liked the way that the CARCHEX representative was speaking to me. It didn’t seem as if it was totally sales-driven and it was like they were looking out for the best interest for me. The gentleman I spoke with was very knowledgeable as pertaining to the coverage, which I liked. If he didn’t know the answers to some of the questions that I had to ask him, he was honest and he went out of his way to make sure that I would get the answer. He didn’t just say, “I don’t know,” and stopped there. He made sure that he got a supervisor to gain more information to let me know. As far as the understanding part, he wanted to make sure that he covered every nook and cranny, and he did, so he got me there.

It was around the holiday season and it was busy. I have four children, so my schedule is hectic but the rep followed up with me, and that was what got me to go along with it. If he didn’t follow up with me, I probably would've, on my own time, searched for something else. He got me at a good time and gave me the necessary space in between. From the first time that we spoke until the second time that we spoke, he gave me that space and he let me know a really good deal.

I wasn’t too familiar with warranties and I’ve had other people call me as well. But those other people weren’t trying to see if there was a better option or something that was more suitable for me, and CARCHEX did that. When the rep started listing some options, there were some things that I found out that I really don’t see any fit for. But he was able to accommodate that and I like that because sometimes, when you talk to sales associates, it’s like they’re robots. If you ask them anything outside of the ordinary, they’re like, “Wait. What? That’s not how the call is supposed to go.” I hope that every associate is like the one that I spoke with because he was totally awesome and great. He remembered that I have children and he knew I was busy around that time, but he was compassionate about that which was neat and I like it. I would recommend CARCHEX. The people are realistic, honest, suitable, convenient and flexible.

Tracey,

Very glad to hear we could assist with your vehicle protection! Please let us know if you have any further questions regarding your plan, and we thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Director of Customer Service

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

We made a decision that we're going to keep the two cars that we presently have for a longer period of time than we normally do. In the past, I rarely bought an extended warranty package, and when I did, it was usually on some kind of specialty car. CARCHEX wasn't the only company that I looked into. I looked into three other companies and they were evasive about giving information out. I had started out with Endurance and it was terrible. I would never ever do any business with them even though they were rated number one. On the other hand, when I spoke to the people at CARCHEX, they gave me an answer on everything I asked them, and that made me more comfortable. There were a couple of things we had to negotiate on and they were very straightforward and negotiated honestly. When they sent me my pricing, it was exactly what we had agreed on.

They have a laundry list of what their different packages cover and I had a good idea of what I was interested in and what my primary needs were. I went down the list they sent me, all that information by email, so I was able to read it and print it up and spend some time with it. My needs were related to drivetrain and electronics. But the package that we ended up buying on both cars is all-inclusive. Both the packages are the same, but the prices were slightly different because the cars aren't the same. Their rep, Jason, was very accommodating and was upfront if there were certain things he wasn't sure of. He also brought someone else online who had a little bit more experience and between the two of them, they answered all of my questions.

You don't know how important a vehicle protection plan is until suddenly you have a major item occur. The protection plan was about $4,500 for the two cars. You can do a lot of repairs for $4,500, but you can also have a transmission go or an electronic system go on your car, and it can cost you more than that. We typically replace our cars every two years and that way, you never have to worry as it stays in warranty and I never have any major issues to deal with. But in this case, my wife has a CRV Honda which she loves and I bought a Mini Cooper, which I'm gonna use as my toy. The Mini Coopers made by BMW can be very complicated to repair also because of the electronics in it. The engine in it is made by BMW, and it's a twin turbo, so it can be super expensive if something goes wrong with it. Overall, CARCHEX is very good.

William,

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. Very glad to hear we could assist with your vehicle protection needs! Should any questions arise, please feel free to reach out at any time. We appreciate your review, and thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Customer Service Manager

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I wanted to have coverage on my car because I use it as a commute car. I got sold one on high pressure at the dealership when I purchased my car. However, the price that they offered me was extremely high and the guy didn't explain everything. It was obvious to me that they tried to put me on the high pressure and the rep tried to sell a product he didn't know. The guy started out at $2,900 then worked down to $1,515. I bought the warranty from the Toyota dealership for $1,515. But I was telling the guy that the price is not the only thing that a customer uses when they buy something. They need to know the value and until they know the value, the price has no relevance. So I had to come home, do my research and compare apple to apple. I told the guy that I was most likely gonna have buyer's remorse and cancel it. He said that I had 30 days to cancel.

I was gonna keep what I had but what made me change to CARCHEX was that when I was looking at what they offered, there were more apples than what I bought for a lot less. I bought CARCHEX for the same number of miles, 100,000 miles, and for seven years for $1096. My only thing with CARCHEX is when I went online and I put in my zip code, the site said there was no agent in my area. So I called the 1-800 number and the guy explained to me that CARCHEX is out of Maryland and a person has to be licensed to sell in California. But I still bought the warranty because the coverage is still good in California. CARCHEX also said I can take my car to any dealership. I don't necessarily have to take it to Toyota.

When I examined CARCHEX, I was expecting one answer but the salesperson exceeded my expectations in every area. I asked him direct questions, which he answered, then he even gave me extra. He should get a promotion because he did everything excellently. He was not only knowledgeable about the product, but he could also do what I was trying to get the guy at the dealership to do – to show me the value, compare one to the other and show me why it benefits me to buy their product. He was honest with me about it too. It felt like cross-examining on things.

He was also very informative and patient. After he explained everything to me, I told him that I was probably not gonna buy the warranty at that time. I told him that I was gonna undo the first contract then come back and buy it. There was no pressure and I did just that. I cancelled the first coverage then I called the salesperson back and made the purchase about a week later. I made the purchase over the phone by credit card and it was convenient to pay. I had to finance and we had to set up stuff and do a debit for under $61 a month for 18 months. So I pay as I go. That was good stuff.

The car I purchased was a used car but it was barely used. It’s still on the manufacturer warranty but if something goes wrong down the road, the $1,000 I paid would be easily recouped. I probably won't even have to use the $1,000 that I am paying but if I did need the warranty, it's good to have. Getting a warranty is more or less like buying auto insurance. You buy auto insurance because you have to have it. Also, If something happens, you are covered even though you can’t pay out of your pocket. And if you have to have insurance, it makes sense to shop around and compare insurance companies to see which one offers you the best for the least amount of money. CARCHEX answered that question.

Bobby,

Thank you for leaving your detailed review with us! We are very glad to hear your Protection specialist was able to assist in setting you up with coverage for your vehicle. Please feel free to reach out at any time should you have any additional questions for us.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I spoke with a rep for CARCHEX about the best extended warranty for me and found the Diamond with add on LEP/Emissions/Market Labor Rate was best. Now 3 months later I had to use the policy to replace a part within the steering system and am finding its more difficult then I thought when making a claim. First, it seemed like once the vehicle arrived at the repair facility to the time a rep contacted me back was very quick and seemed at the time flawless, only to find out later how I felt I was getting nickel and dimed to death. This contact is very similar to others, what it covered, how it’s covered and so on, but after talking to the very friendly and kind rep it got a bit confusing. My issue is two fold over coverage description - Market labor rate add on and how it reads that section F 13 does not apply ($100.00 per hour) and based upon Repair Facility’s posted labor rate.

Reading F 13 says the maximum hourly rate is based on Repair Facility posted labor rates. These 2 contradicts each other, basically saying the same, so what do I pay extra for? I was told they use a Nationally recognized labor guides for repairs in my area. Why does it say they will pay Posted Labor Rates and not say based off a Nationally recognized labor guides for repair rates under Market Labor Rate Option, which I chose to pay for. The diagnostic check that was completed by the licensed mechanic servicing the vehicle is something required in repairing the vehicle. Now let’s be very clear, I am not a mechanic or have any education in auto mechanics, but who are we to question a certified mechanic on how he performs his job on running the diagnostic test and how long this required step takes.

It’s clearly written under F 4 - This contract will not cover flat rate charges for diagnosis, but I was informed that this diagnostic test was based off a time period and the repair facility gave an estimate of 1 hour to complete under the hourly rate. Again, this is a labor rate and my plan I pay for the Market labor rate option, another part of the contract that contradicts its self and told by the rep using the National guide for this procedure is 24 minutes to complete and not an hour the certified mechanic quoted. So now I’m not paying a posted labor rate, but now it’s a fee divided by 60 minutes and I will be responsible for the remaining 26 minutes, now that’s really some nickel and dime craziness.

The second part of this fold is how they shop for a part and if the repair facility does not accept it I am responsible for the difference. Yes, it’s spelled out clearly in the contract, but I’m not a certified mechanic or work or n auto parts, so I will have to learn the hard way on this. Just a note, I will be shopping for a repair facility that fits this contract now and not following the first part that I can choose my own. Learning curve is how I will chalk this repair up. I just am finding out now (since this is my first claim) is having an extended warranty worth the fee I am paying to haggle over these small issues that contradicts itself.

Since the coverage on this repair will still cost $300 (includes the $100 deductible) still worth continuing? I understand we do not pay for insurance with the hopes we will use it, but in the event it is needed. In essence this is basically an insurance policy on an older vehicle and I do not want to use it, but now that I have it just seems like haggling over the little stuff just might lose more customers than keeping them. I feel I did my homework on shopping for a warranty and still feel that this was the right one. I should have read a few more reviews and already found a repair facility that fits this plan instead of going to one and finding out how it really works.

CARCHEX response

Thank you for your review. We tried to reach you by phone to discuss your concerns.

With regards to your coverage, the Diamond Titanium plan you purchased includes the optional Market Labor Rate option automatically.This means the administrator will pay the shop's posted labor rate on repairs.

We are reviewing the contract wording to see if this can be improved but what the contract is stating is the labor rate description in section 13 does NOT apply when you add the optional market labor rate option.

We would like to discuss the additional expenses above your deductible with you to determine how we can help. Please give us a call at (877)227-2439 Ext 6002.

Best,

CARCHEX Customer Service

Original review: June 24, 2018

I’ve had warranties in cars before and it generally worked out and has paid off. It was for security and to avoid having a costly outlay of money for something that I could have covered much less expensively. The warranties that I have on the vehicle expired or will be expiring in the near future. And I wanted to have some protection in events that I would have a fairly major repair. I consider an extended warranty an insurance where I don’t need it until I need it.

I researched online and looked at different companies that offered extended service plans. I also looked at ratings of the companies and saw that CARCHEX was one of the more highly rated companies in terms of their services and their coverage. And as I explored it further, I saw that the cost of their service is also competitive. I didn’t know CARCHEX before I’ve done the research but once I delved into it a bit and saw the reviews, I became more comfortable with the company. And I did a comparison with other companies that offered similar services.

The purchasing experience of my plan went well. I filled up an application online which pretty quickly resulted in a phone call from a sales representative of the company who asked questions and began to form a proposal based on what my answers were and gave me options from the basic to the more complete service. And we went over a period of two or three days and half a dozen phone calls for our conversations with their representative. I had a lot of questions for them after looking at the documentation that was provided such as a sample contract. And I got the answers to my questions with the representatives I talked with online. I felt good that, for whatever reason, I have 30 days to change to my mind if I wanted to do that once I signed up.

Tim was the principal person that I talked to and he did an excellent job. There wasn’t anything that I asked him that he didn’t seem to know about and he gave me a good, complete response. Initially, I told him that I was not ready to make the decision that day as I needed a little more time. So we talked the next day. And I had more questions and he was able to answer those. He was a good salesman and also a good resource person. He was not trying to rush the deal. Instead, he was very diligent, responsive and patient with me. Having a vehicle protection plan is pretty valuable based on the experience of friends and family. I’ve also had to use those plans because of an issue with my car but I’m hopeful that I will not have a major issue. But, in case I do, I feel comfortable that I’m covered by this company.

Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! Very glad we could assist in setting you up with coverage for your vehicle. Please reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding your plan. Thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CARCHEX ?

Original review: May 16, 2019

I purchased an extended warranty and these guys explained everything so clearly to me and got me in the right plan for my budget!! Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for coverage on their car. I price checked with several other companies and they had the best pricing AND the best coverage.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I had a warranty on my vehicle and it was expiring. I had talked to a provider and I didn’t care for what they were telling me. With CARCHEX’s deal, you get 30 days money back guarantee. I was talking with CARCHEX, and I didn’t know they had different levels of plan. They were telling me what they cover and they told me about three different plans they have. One they talked about didn’t cover steering so I asked why they don’t you cover it. They told me the plan they were talking about doesn't cover it, but they got one that does. And with the next plan, I asked them what they don’t cover. They said they don’t cover the ignition but they have a plan that does. So, I told them that I’m looking for a plan that will cover bumper-to-bumper. I consider steering a major maintenance job. And I’m asking for bumper-to-bumper cover, and they were telling me the steering is not covered. So, I’m still talking to people.

I’m not completely satisfied with that. Plus, most of the providers have a $50 deductible. But CARCHEX has a $100 deductible. And so, I’m not happy with the $100 deductible. But I’m not satisfied how they keep jumping from plan to plan. I was asking for bumper-to-bumper coverage from the start. Another thing I wasn’t satisfied was the 30-day waiting period. And I got a thousand miles to go through before I could get the service. I was telling them that the only reason I’m getting the extended warranty is I’ll never know when something's gonna happen to my vehicle. I might be driving down the street today and something will go wrong with it.

All in all, the people from CARCHEX weren’t trying to give me their highest level premium plan. They just want to try to sell me. They didn’t give me the information and let me decide based on the information. If I hadn’t asked a question, I would’ve had a plan that I’m not pleased with because they didn’t tell me what wasn’t covered. They were asking me for my credit card. So, I asked them. They only told me what was covered. But I might still end up with CARCHEX. I like some of the things they told me. Their rep also answered my question.

Original review: May 13, 2019

The sales representatives were very friendly and executed fast service. Was willing to work out affordable price with the most coverage. Hoping when actual claim is filed things will be processed as smoothly as initial sign up was. Continue the great work.

Sian,

Thank you for leaving your review with us! Very glad we could assist. Please reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding your plan. Thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Director of Customer Service

Original review: May 12, 2019

When I was researching which company to use for a vehicle inspection it was very difficult. I read many horror stories. I decided to go ahead with Carchex. I am extremely glad I did. They were outstanding. Super fast scheduling and even faster report upload. The inspector was very thorough and did a great job. Very detailed and took many photographs. Obviously I cannot speak for every inspection completed by Carchex, but my inspector and inspection was top notch. If I ever need a vehicle inspection again I have no doubt I will be using the services of Carchex.

Dana,

Thank you for your review! Very glad to hear we could assist in setting you up with coverage for your vehicle. Please reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding your plan. Thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Director of Customer Service

Original review: May 11, 2019

I wanted extended coverage for my vehicle and Carchex contacted me. I purchased my plan over the phone and the reps were very good and very well-informing. They called me and discussed with me my coverage and they gave me the information I feel that I would need.

Arnetta,

We appreciate your review! Please reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding your plan. Thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: May 10, 2019

I needed extended coverage because I do a lot of travelling for work and I needed to make sure that was covered. CARCHEX had the best price available. The rep was courteous, smart and to the point.

David,

Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with your Protection Specialist ! Please let us know if you have any additional questions regarding your plan.

Original review: May 10, 2019

CARCHEX took money from my card and sent me the information. But I read it thoroughly and it’s not right for me. In fact, I had my attorney checked it over and he said that the warranty is not for me. He said there’s no way that people keep receipts on every gas and oil change, and that’s the only way they will pay for anything, if you have receipts showing it. I’ve had the car for five years and I don’t have a receipt on every oil change. So, I have the extension number for the man that I talked to and I'm getting ready to call him. I will not be taking the contract, so I’m gonna cancel it and have my $125 returned to me. And for all that, $125 a month is steep. Other than that, the people I’ve spoken to at CARCHEX were very good. They convinced me that I should at least read the contract, which is what anyone should do before they sign anything.

Original review: May 9, 2019

The car was starting to get higher in the miles and my wife has a high-mile vehicle. She's had issues with hers so I just wanted to protect myself. I looked at comments from different car companies and found that CARCHEX was in the top five of extended warranty companies that I looked into. I spoke with their rep and it went smoothly.

Kerry,

Thank you for leaving your review with us! We are happy to have you as a CARCHEX customer, and glad we could assist.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I called and started a policy with this company on January 16th. When I received my contract a couple of weeks later there was an error with what they had on the contract. After questioning this I was told to supply a picture with the current reading which I did immediately. I was told everything was good and they were going to reissue me a corrected agreement. Several weeks (4-6) had passed and nothing so I called. When I called I was told by ANOTHER customer service agent that they needed more information about my odometer and I had to resend everything that I had already sent.

Mind you no one ever called to say there needed anything further it's now March. I sent everything, they dropped the ball AGAIN and now it's April still no coverage and issue unresolved. I took my car in for a repair only to find out they had "held" my contract as inactive because they had not resolved the odometer issue. They were still taking out payments and I wasn't able to use.

Fast forward to May. Just got issue cleared and now customer service denies claim to fix items from March saying they were pre-existing. NOT TRUE. Excuse they gave is claims person was new and didn't read all the notes at the bottom of the screen. Customer service assures me issue are covered and will bypass claim agents and give to supervisor. Took several days for them to call the dealership. When they did, they decided to dumb down the prices so everything feel below my deductible therefore nothing was covered at all. Contact Barry and Chevrolet on West 96th Street, Indianapolis and he will be happy to give you all the details and share how ticked off he is at what they were doing. I've asked them to cancel my policy and reissue every penny they took since I actually paid for absolutely nothing... not even coverage. #Nightmare

Original review: May 8, 2019

This is m second policy with CARCHEX and I could not be happier. My sales rep, Tony, let me take my time and provide me with every bit of information I needed to adjust and finalize the coverage I wanted/needed. Thank you!

Charles,

We appreciate your review, and are glad to hear Tony was able to assist you! Thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: May 8, 2019

Erin is such a wonderful representative - she is so patient and kind - just wanted to help me in any way she could and was in no way anxious to just sell a warranty, even encouraged me to do comparison research, which resulted in my decision that CARCHEX is for me. My peace of mind is her utmost goal - she was able to answer my questions in a very honest manner and pointed out all the ways CARCHEX has earned so many excellent reviews and respect for its outstanding service - so encouraging to see that such good people are out there and to know that she is only a phone call away should I have further questions.

Kathleen,

Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with your Protection Specialist Erin! Please let us know if you have any additional questions regarding your plan.

Original review: May 8, 2019

We had a warranty through the car company we bought our car from and it was only a two-year warranty. My wife got to looking at what CARCHEX had and noticed that it was a more lengthy warranty. The mileage and the whole package was also better, so we purchased from them. We have LegalShield at our place of business, so we went through that. As far as I know, we don’t have any problems with CARCHEX and we would recommend them for somebody else just because of who they are, the way that they handled things, and the way things went for us.

Michael,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you are pleased with your coverage! If there is anything we can do to further assist you, please feel free to reach out at any time.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Adam was very precise, very kind, very clear, and very caring. I would recommend him for getting info over the phone, I would highly recommend Adam. He sounds like a good person to talk to. He was the best customer service person I've ever talk to. Please move Adam to the top of the list. If you can please move him up the latter. So he can have a chance to get him experience.. And find out what he actually wants to do and want.

Michael,

Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with your Protection Specialist Adam! Please let us know if you have any additional questions regarding your plan. Thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: May 7, 2019

I’ve used CARCHEX for at least two other vehicles and I’ve been pleased with the product. I wanted to have the car covered for major incidents. The reps explained the benefits and the cost and exactly what I wanted in an efficient manner. The agents answered my questions, were complete but also quick, and I got what I wanted. When we’ve had to use it, it was through a local service group. That was very easy, non-argumentative, just the facts and got the job done. Having a protection plan is very relieving as far as anxiety about what could happen. I know what the coverage is, the price was reasonable and the whole process was very easy. I would highly recommend CARCHEX to a family member or a friend.

William,

Original review: May 6, 2019

Well they called me every day and answered right away when they wanted me to buy their warranty. I took my truck to Brakes Plus and it needed a sensor that said it was covered in my book. They were on hold for over 2 hours waiting to get the part covered while my truck and I sat there. Customer service is only good until you buy the warranty I guess.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I wanted to make sure my mom had a car warranty and it was easy to enroll with CARCHEX. The rep was courteous, friendly and answered all of my questions. The warranty is good to have for my mom.

Marcus,

Thank you for leaving your review with us! Very glad to hear we could help set you up with coverage for your Mother's vehicle. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any additional questions!

Director of Customer Service

Original review: May 5, 2019

Having a vehicle protection plan is very, very valuable. I liked CARCHEX' consumer ratings. Purchasing the protection plan was easy. The rep answered all my questions.

Aundrea,

assist.

Director of Customer Service

Original review: May 4, 2019

We don't have any existing issues, but we got an extended coverage with Carchex in case something were to happen. Purchasing from them wasn’t difficult and their reps were courteous and friendly. And they worked with me on a payment plan. I would recommend them.

Gertrude,

Director of Customer Service

Original review: May 3, 2019

My experience purchasing the extended warranty from CARCHEX was not very good. I got calls from about four different people all trying to sell me the same thing on the first few days. They were a little too pushy. Most people would like to think about it instead of getting inundated with phone calls time and time again. And then when we got down to it, they didn’t get the right name on my CARCHEX. I called them as soon as I got it, but Ralph had already gone home for the night then. The next day he called me back and I was gone. So, I called him earlier today, and I haven’t heard back from him. So, I’ve been waiting for a callback from Ralph to get that all set up right.

Original review: May 2, 2019

This company has great customer service. They go above & beyond with any problems you may have. When it comes to towing I wish it was unlimited miles to your dealership and a higher limit for the dollar amount they will pay.

Keith,

Original review: May 2, 2019

I originally went with Delta Auto. They were a little bit cheaper and offered more. And they were really pushy. Then the guy from CARCHEX called me back, and I told him that I went with Delta Auto, and he told me to go to their website and look at the bottom. At the bottom, there’s something stated that it was not a real warranty service. The CARCHEX rep filled in all the info about Delta Auto. He told me that for the insurance industry, you need to be registered and you need to be backed. He also said that I would rather not have a warranty than have a warranty with these guys because it was gotta be a waste of money.

Once I got in and looked at reviews, a lot of people were complaining they weren’t even serviced by Delta Auto. So, I went ahead and went with CARCHEX. They were not as pushy and it seemed like it was a better deal. The rep was really nice and he took time to explain everything. He went into detail about the extra, and that California is not a common state. He was pretty straightforward. The coverage seemed pretty good. It was half the price of what the dealer wanted, and it was more mileage too.

Russell,

Very glad to hear your Protection Specialist was able to set you up with coverage for your vehicle. Thank you for your review! If there is anything we can do to further assist you, please feel free to reach out at any time.

Original review: May 1, 2019

My vehicle's warranty was up and it's an expensive vehicle. I was searching for engine, transmission, and electrical coverage, and CARCHEX was more competitive than the other ones that are offering similar services, plus they had 5 stars. I asked the rep questions and he provided information based on what I asked. All in all, it was a fair experience.

Neville,

Original review: May 1, 2019

I got an extended warranty on my car as a precaution and I got one from CARCHEX. It was easy to purchase from them and the rep I dealt with was able to answer my questions. I thought that my warranty had bumper-to-bumper coverage and CARCHEX would fix whatever little thing would be wrong with my car. I also thought they'd help if something was wrong with the car and if I was given a bad one, then I'd get another car or something. But I need to learn some more about this warranty. Lately, I’m supposed to get the brakes changed and I thought I wouldn’t have to pay anything, but I still gotta pay a little something. So I wish they'd could cover my brakes all the way

Original review: April 30, 2019

When I contacted Carchex for a warranty after countless searches the salesman made me feel assured I made the right choice. The customer service experience from Larry ** was awesome. But that's the extent of good service from them. When it came down to filing a claim, AAMCO, who Carchex recommended had a very hard time reaching an adjuster for approval of repairs, stating a two hold hold time over the phone. Finally he couldn't reach them after submitting a contract. I took my car in for repairs listed as covered prior to that. However, not only did aamco not get through to an adjuster, I called to speak to one after waiting over a week just to get an approval while my car sat in the shop and my rental car payments accumulated that was to be reimbursed to me after all repairs were made.

I was told prior to that anything listed on my contract was covered but I'd only have to pay for things not covered. Well Carchex adjusters finds ways to deny claims so nothing is covered. Also no coverage of repairs means no reimbursement of rental fees, no labor cost covered, and no diagnostic service needed covered.. I feel I was set up as I was told to just take my car and everything would be covered that I needed repaired except optional parts. That just to have nothing be covered at all because of an optional part that AAMCO needed to know if it was covered. So because of this Carchex wouldn't approve my claim even for the covered part.

I spent a great deal on this and am out. This company is a total ripoff and scam. I should have known better after seeing them affiliated with AAA, and All State, who is the worse insurance company around. All State is known for such issues and Carchex warranties go them All State for approval of claims. All State is worse than all of their STUPID commercials. THE WORSE COMMERCIALS IN THE INSURANCE INDUSTRY!!!!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 30, 2019

First of all, let me be clear that Carchex is only one of the companies feeling my anger at the moment. I researched an extended warranty for my truck and thought I had chosen a reputable company with them. Boy was I wrong... My contact was sold, and then underwritten with American Auto Shield. I’ll leave it up to you folks to read their reviews (terrible.)

My truck is at a DEALERSHIP to be fixed, I have already paid for diagnostics and the complete quote is ready. CARCHEX shady partnership company required a “independent” inspection of my vehicle and are now demanding the past 12 months service records. 1. I service my vehicle personally. 2. Demanding records outside of the time period when the contract was instituted and valid is ridiculous. 3. There is NO manufacturer recommended service related to exhaust manifolds, or motor mounts that can be produced.

I hate to say it but I feel like I have been swindled. I thought I had an upstanding company to count on in the case of vehicle repairs and now all I have is extremely long wait times on the phone, arrogant customer service representatives, demands for things that don’t exist, and an even longer time for my truck to be repaired. I suggest that CARCHEX step up to the plate and do better for their customers!

CARCHEX response

Thank you for your review. We have reached out to American Auto Shield to get an update on your claim and will address your concerns.

According to our records, you purchased your second policy from CARCHEX with both plans being administered by American Auto Shield. This was not hidden from you as you state in your review. After review of your calls with our staff, we confirmed our staff properly disclosed to you that the coverage was administered by American Auto Shield.

You may recall the vehicle protection specialist summarizing your purchasing including the name of the administrator & finance company for your coverage. During this summary, you were advised of the contract length, expiration date of the coverage, and the amount of miles you were being covered. We advised you we do no cover pre-existing conditions, branded title, or modified vehicles before asking if you agree to the terms and conditions. Upon agreement to the terms, you were advised an electronic copy of your coverage was being emailed to you and a hard copy would arrive via US Mail within 7-10 days. Our representatives properly advised you to read the contract to ensure it meets your needs.

With regards to your claim, the CARFAX report on your vehicle shows you were in the same repair shop you currently have working on your car on 2/8/2019 with 100,353 miles on the odometer. The CARFAX report shows you were in for AC concerns. Your shop called in repairs including a knock sound from the AC system. With the coverage being purchased 2/13/2019 with 100,501 miles, the administrator is well within their rights in the terms and conditions of your coverage to request this maintenance record especially when the current repairs are for the same concerns documented 5 days prior to purchase. At this time, this record is required to proceed with your claim.

CARCHEX maintains great reviews because you are our customer and we are here to assist you with any claims issues. Unfortunately, this review is the first CARCHEX is hearing about your claims concerns. Please be aware in the future, our CARCHEX Customer Service Team is available to assist you. If you would like to discuss your claim, please give us a call at (877)227-2439 Ext. 6001. We are available Monday - Friday 9:00AM - 6:00PM ET.

Best,