Find the Best Mortgage Lenders in Tulsa, OK
Top 12 Tulsa Mortgage Companies
Read 974 Reviews
Nationwide mortgage lender based in California. Offers lending and refinancing services in almost every state. Specializes in fixed-rate and adjustable-rate loans and guarantees the best pricing for your loan.
Read 3,406 Reviews
Offers affordable mortgages through its easy online approval process. Custom quotes include no obligations, no commitments and no hidden fees. Provides a wide variety of loan types, including conventional, jumbo, FHA, VA and USDA.
Read 9,459 Reviews
Provides new home loans and mortgage refinancing. Offers competitive interest rates. Award-winning mobile app. Online loan tracking. Guarantees closing date or the company will pay your first mortgage payment.
Read 2,026 Reviews
Provides mortgage financing for manufactured, mobile and modular homes. Offers several types of mortgages, including conventional, FHA, biweekly, land and more. Programs for lower credit scores available.
|BOK Financial Mortgage|
Read 1,710 Reviews
Offers conventional, jumbo, FHA, VA, USDA and Native American home loan programs plus mortgage refinancing. The Lock and Build program is available to finance new home construction. Direct mortgage lender.
|AMC Mortgage||Read Author Review|
Offers online or in-person mortgage options, plus resources including a mortgage calculator, pre-approval checklists and mortgage do’s and don’ts. Has two convenient locations in Tulsa and Oklahoma City.
|Fairway Independent Mortgage||Read Author Review|
Offers one of the fastest turnaround times in the industry. Has more than 20 years of experience serving Tulsa residents.
|Holliday American Mortgage||Read Author Review|
Headquartered in Tulsa, but has a nationwide presence. Gives back to philanthropy by donating a portion of all management profits to charitable organizations, including Tulsa Habitat for Humanity.
|Midtown Mortgage||Read Author Review|
Offers a wide array of home mortgage products, investment tools and quality service with individualized attention. Allows customers to submit their loan application or pre-qualify for a home loan online.
|Total Lending Concepts||Read Author Review|
Offers a hassle-free mortgage experience with guaranteed loan decisions in as little as 24 hours. Finds the lowest rates in the area through one-on-one help and a simple approval process.
|Tulsa Mortgage Guy||Read Author Review|
Has 30 years of experience as a mortgage loan consultant and originator in northeast Oklahoma. Provides a helpful website with tips and information on mortgages. Offers home purchase and USDA loans.
|ZFG Mortgage||Read Author Review|
Offers rates that are 0.250% to 0.375% lower than most mortgage lenders and banks. Provides conventional, non-conventional, FHA, USDA and VA home loans for customers with 620 or higher credit scores.
Finding a Tulsa mortgage lender
There are many Tulsa mortgage lenders available, including national lenders, local lenders and online companies. There are also mortgage brokers who compare rates from multiple companies. When searching for the best mortgage rates in Tulsa, we recommend:
- Asking friends, family and your real estate agent for recommendations
- Looking for lenders that are certified mortgage bankers with the Mortgage Bankers Association
- Gathering quotes and comparing interest rates, approval limits and down payment requirements, which can save you thousands of dollars
If you’re a first-time buyer, we recommend using Tulsa’s first-time homebuyers program for more information and support.
Choosing Tulsa home loans
The two main types of loans that Tulsa residents use are conventional and government-backed loans. Conventional loans are either 30 or 15 years, with 30-year loans being more common because of their lower monthly rates. Government-backed loans include FHA loans, USDA loans, and VA loans. FHA loans are extremely popular in Tulsa because of the simple requirements — the minimum credit score is generally 580, and the minimum down payment required is just 3.5% of the loan itself.
The location of your new home in Tulsa is another crucial factor when choosing which home loan you want to pursue.
- Cherry Street: With many local businesses and easy access to Downtown, Cherry Street is an excellent option for young couples looking to start a family. Because this is a slightly more expensive neighborhood — with average home prices sitting at $230,000 — 30-year fixed mortgages or jumbo loans are typically the best options.
- Fair Heights: With low crime and quiet streets, Fair Heights is popular with older or retired individuals. And with a low average home price of $118,900, it’s a great deal for many people looking to save on their homes. Some people may choose a 15-year fixed mortgage in this area to pay off their homes faster.
- Brookside: Brookside offers many hip locations, such as gastropubs, boutiques and restaurants, that appeal to younger individuals. Combining the $191,800 median home value and Tulsa’s remote program — which offers people $10,000 cash to move to Tulsa and work remotely — makes it even more affordable for young people to choose this neighborhood.
- Kiefer: For families looking for a rural area with excellent school districts, Kiefer is a great option. Median home values are $143,000, and this area qualifies for a USDA home loan to help make owning a home even more affordable.
Tulsa mortgage rates and trends
The median home value in Tulsa is $133,170, but predictions show the Tulsa housing market should continue to grow. The increase should be reasonably small and accessible for Tulsa residents.
Homes tend to leap from going on the market to a pending sale in about 25 days, meaning there’s a reasonably quick turnaround on purchasing. Having a mortgage lender on your side can help expedite that process and allow customers to figure out exactly how much they can — and should — afford for a home loan.
Average house prices in Tulsa
|Location||Median house price|
According to our mortgage calculator and current Oklahoma home loan interest rates, a resident of Tulsa making $55,000 a year with $5,000 down may be approved for a $195,000, 30-year fixed mortgage. Not including taxes, insurance or average closing costs, this amount equates to roughly $1,100 in monthly mortgage payments, with the average monthly fee dependant on your mortgage rate, home cost, credit score and other factors.
Tulsa home loan FAQ
- How quickly can you get a mortgage offer in Oklahoma?
- If you come prepared with all the required information, you can get pre-approval on your mortgage in as little as an hour.
- Can you put an offer in for a house without a mortgage in Tulsa?
- Yes, this is called a contingent offer, which means the acceptance of the offer is contingent on the buyer receiving a mortgage. However, if there are other offers on the table for a house, it is highly unlikely that a contingent offer without a mortgage is accepted.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Tulsa mortgage company information
ZFG Mortgage offers a variety of home loans to meet each borrower’s individual needs, including FHA, USDA, VA, conventional and non-conventional home loans. With its best rate guarantee, ZFG averages rates that are 0.250% to 0.375% lower than most mortgage lenders and banks. Customers with a 620 credit score or higher can easily start their application process online.
- Address: 6670 S. Lewis Ave., Ste. 200, Tulsa, OK 74136
- Phone: (918) 459-6530
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: zfgmortgage.com
AMC Mortgage has been locally owned and operated in Tulsa since 1992. Customers can easily find a mortgage solution by talking to one of the company's online or in-person loan officers. AMC strives to make the mortgage process smooth from start to finish.
- Address: 7211 S. Yale Ave., Tulsa, OK 74136
- Phone: (918) 491-9900
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: amcmtg.com
Midtown Mortgage offers a wide array of home mortgage products, investment tools and quality service with personalized attention. Through its website, customers can submit their loan application or even pre-qualify for a home loan while evaluating finance options and reviewing different mortgage scenarios.
- Address: 2007 E. 15th St., Tulsa, OK 74104
- Phone: (918) 710-4106
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: tulsahomeloans.net
Wayne Pope, the Tulsa Mortgage Guy, has served northeast Oklahoma for 30 years as a mortgage loan consultant and originator. Whether customers need to consolidate debt, refinance their home or purchase their next house, the Tulsa Mortgage Guy has the expertise to make the process quick and simple.
- Address: 10827 S. Memorial Drive, Ste. C, Tulsa, OK 74133; Multiple locations
- Phone: (918) 269-3621
- Hours: M - Sat: 9am - 6pm
- Website: tulsamortgageguy.com
As a founding member of Strategic Alliance Mortgage (SAM), Holliday American Mortgage is known for its expertise and leadership in the industry. The company has headquarters in Tulsa and specializes in localized services with a national presence. Plus, a portion of all management profits are donated to charitable organizations, including Tulsa Habitat for Humanity.
- Address: 8023 E. 63rd Place, Ste. 525, Tulsa, OK 74133
- Phone: (918) 492-1707
- Hours: Call for hours
- Website: hollidaymortgage.com
Fairway Independent Mortgage is a nationwide company backed by years of experience and expertise in the industry. Jeff Moser, Tulsa’s Fairway lender, has been in the business since 1998 after graduating from Southeastern Oklahoma State University. Fairway boasts one of the fastest turnaround times in the industry and is licensed in all 50 states.
- Address: 10425 S. 82nd E. Ave., Ste. 106, Tulsa, OK 74133
- Phone: (918) 998-0113
- Hours: M - Sun: 7am - 11pm
- Website: fairwayjeff.com
Total Lending Concepts offers a hassle-free mortgage experience with guaranteed loan decisions in as little as 24 hours. Its team finds the lowest rates in the area through one-on-one help and a simple approval process. The company provides individual attention to every client.
- Address: 8516 E. 101st St., Ste. E, Tulsa, OK 74133
- Phone: (918) 254-5626
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: stevecurrington.com
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.