5.0/5 (62 ratings)

About Cardinal Financial

Cardinal Financial is a nationwide mortgage lender offering a wide variety of mortgage products to purchase or refinance a home. With its proprietary loan origination system, Octane, customers experience a more convenient and streamlined process while buying a home or refinancing a loan. Cardinal Financial is available in all 50 states and has helped over 50,000 customers.

Pros

• Proprietary Octane platform
  • Flexibility in programs
  • Variety of loan options

Cons

• No mobile app
  • No rates, fees on website

Bottom Line

Cardinal Financial offers personalized loan options for homebuying and refinancing. The company could be more transparent about rates and fees, but we like that it’s widely available and has many mortgage products.

Cardinal Financial mortgage loans

Cardinal Financial offers a number of mortgage options to help customers find the right solution for their homebuying and refinancing needs. Its list of loan types includes:

• Conventional home loans
  • Disaster relief loans
  • Construction home loans
  • Down payment assistance

Cardinal Financial refinance rates

Cardinal Financial doesn’t publish rates online, which makes it difficult to compare its borrowing costs with those of other lenders. That being said, its online Octane program allows customers to easily compare their loan options side by side.

Octane is a proprietary home loan platform that guides you through your mortgage experience with Cardinal Financial. Once you have access and Cardinal Financial has collected information about your property, your credit history, your income and your assets, you can compare rate quotes and loan options. Your loan officer is available to answer any questions you have.

Cardinal Financial FAQ

What lender fees does Cardinal Financial charge?
Cardinal says that origination fees cost anywhere between 0.5% and 1% of the total mortgage loan amount. The company does not publicly disclose information about other fees.
Does Cardinal Financial have an app?
No, Cardinal Financial does not appear to have an app.
Is Cardinal Financial available nationwide?
Yes, Cardinal Financial operates in all 50 states.
Where is Cardinal Financial headquarters located?
Cardinal Financial is based in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Is Cardinal Financial a bank?
Cardinal Financial is a mortgage lender. Details about its licensing can be found on the company’s website.

Is Cardinal Financial a good company?

Cardinal Financial seems to be a well-rounded mortgage lender. However, it's difficult to find details about current rates and lender fees. Still, because it offers so many loan options and convenience with its digital Octane platform, we think Cardinal Financial is a good company to check out as you compare lender options.

Cardinal Financial Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cardinal Financial?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cardinal Financial?

Original review: March 25, 2022

Loan product: Cashout Refi. Jose ** went ABOVE and BEYOND the scope of his responsibilities (within regulatory requirements) to ensure the process would have the expected outcome. There are several words to describe Jose (not all-inclusive): Honest, trustworthy, personable, empathetic, professional, and knowledgeable. I had several prospects vying for my business. I presented competing offers to Cardinal Financial, and they beat those offers. Of course, I know this may not be the likely outcome for all cases -- I'm just grateful that it was my outcome. It displayed the company's dedication and commitment to providing clients with a great product. He was forthcoming with updates. Questions or concerns I brought to his attention were acknowledged and addressed promptly.

Several issues arose that delayed the process significantly (contractor delays, title issues, and unexpected family matters). I felt the weight and stress of it all. I wanted to discontinue the process. Jose and Manny ** reassured me--through action--they would do their best to move things forward. This level of openness and honesty forged a strong rapport amongst us.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2022

Josh was flawless throughout this entire process. He was very attentive and professional. This was my first time doing a cashout refinance and he was able to explain the intricate nuances (mortgage refinance) to my level of understanding. Josh stayed on top of any and all documentation in order to ensure a smooth and timely transaction. My appraisal was ordered within the first week and completed less than 3 days after that. The entire process took less than a month. There were no hidden fees/costs which is why I chose this company over any other lender. I put my trust in him and he delivered on ALL of his promises. I was able to completely pay off all of my debt because of Josh’s guidance and knowledge. My overall experience was definitely a walk in the park; 10/10 stars.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

We have originally bought our first home 3 years ago. Interest rates were high and we the housing market wasn’t doing well. Tyler has walked us through every step of purchasing our first home. The best part during 3 years of owning a home Tyler has stayed in contact and became a friend. When interest rates started to drop, he personally contacted me and recommended refinance to lower our interest and save significant amount of money. My family has financed over 4 properties through Tyler and I recommend and still recommend him to all of my friends and coworkers. I rarely review my transactions, however I cannot find enough words to praise how amazing he is. Thank you for all that you do, have done and will do for us.

Andrey and family

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I can't speak highly enough regarding my interactions with Maurice. He was patient, informative, and highly knowledgeable. He guided me in asking all the right questions to allow me to secure a loan for a term and rate that I never considered to be possible. His knowledge allowed me to consolidate debt while lowering my monthly payments, and securing a loan that shaved 7 years off my previous loan. He asked all the right questions to make the process seamless. I am still in awe and extremely grateful for his advice and guidance. It's rare to encounter someone who is in it for the "passion" of it. Maurice struck me as that type of individual. He had the patience to educate and guide me to a decision that has truly given me room to breathe, and for that I could never thank him enough.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

Mylo communicated with me from day one with no issues, phone, text and email, whichever one was easiest for me, felt catered too, and not like I was under pressure. Mylo explained all the fees, process and walked me through my closing documents. It was like eating cake, the good kind, not the greasy over buttered kind! Even when the builder rep was not helpful in providing closing date in a timely manner, Mylo just picked up the basket of eggs and turned them into a beauty, the cake, remember cake with eggs! I am so happy I chose to have Mylo help me with my home loan, and look forward to having him help me on my next one!

Original review: April 1, 2022

No one has worked harder to help us in the mortgage process than Cody. I feel as if he's 110% on my side, making sure everything possible is done for the best mortgage experience and outcome for myself and my family. Highly recommend Cody. Cardinal Financial is blessed to have him!!

Original review: March 15, 2022

Had a great experience purchasing our first home with the help of Cardinal Financial and Anthony ** specifically. He and his team worked hard to ensure our experience was smooth and not frightening! Even when there were curveballs, Anthony was reassuring and helped us get through every step and remained positive. In the end, we'd work with Anthony again if given the chance and would recommend him to any of our loved ones.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

Paul ** and Cardinal Fin did an outstanding job. I had recently refinanced a home and the comparison is night and day. Paul and his team definitely outshined the other. I was kept abreast the whole way thru the process, and I never felt like I was being asked to provide documents unnecessarily.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

I just have to say that Mike ** is the best rep in any field I've ever met. Kept a nervous guy like me at ease the whole time. Kept me well informed and comfortable with the whole transaction. Give this guy a raise now!!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Thanks to Kelley ** and the others at Cardinal Financial that made a tough process so much easier! They helped me to understand everything that was needed and kept me informed on changes every step of the way. I would highly recommend Kelley to anyone considering refinancing their home!!

Cardinal Financial Company Information