View Rates

2. Mortgages

4.9/5 (17 ratings)

About Cardinal Financial

Cardinal Financial is a nationwide mortgage lender offering a wide variety of mortgage products to purchase or refinance a home. With its proprietary loan origination system, Octane, customers experience a more convenient and streamlined process while buying a home or refinancing a loan. Cardinal Financial is available in all 50 states and has helped over 50,000 customers.

Cardinal Financial mortgage loans

Cardinal Financial offers a number of mortgage options to help customers find the right solution for their homebuying and refinancing needs. Its list of loan types includes:

• Conventional home loans
  • Disaster relief loans
  • Construction home loans
  • Down payment assistance

Cardinal Financial refinance rates

Cardinal Financial doesn’t publish rates online, which makes it difficult to compare its borrowing costs with those of other lenders. That being said, its online Octane program allows customers to easily compare their loan options side by side.

Octane is a proprietary home loan platform that guides you through your mortgage experience with Cardinal Financial. Once you have access and Cardinal Financial has collected information about your property, your credit history, your income and your assets, you can compare rate quotes and loan options. Your loan officer is available to answer any questions you have.

Cardinal Financial FAQ

What lender fees does Cardinal Financial charge?
Cardinal says that origination fees cost anywhere between 0.5% and 1% of the total mortgage loan amount. The company does not publicly disclose information about other fees.
Does Cardinal Financial have an app?
No, Cardinal Financial does not appear to have an app.
Is Cardinal Financial available nationwide?
Yes, Cardinal Financial operates in all 50 states.
Where is Cardinal Financial headquarters located?
Cardinal Financial is based in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Is Cardinal Financial a bank?
Cardinal Financial is a mortgage lender. Details about its licensing can be found on the company’s website.

Is Cardinal Financial a good company?

Cardinal Financial seems to be a well-rounded mortgage lender. However, it's difficult to find details about current rates and lender fees. Still, because it offers so many loan options and convenience with its digital Octane platform, we think Cardinal Financial is a good company to check out as you compare lender options.

Cardinal Financial Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cardinal Financial?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cardinal Financial?

Original review: July 27, 2021

I first connected with a loan officer named Michael Smith. I decided to continue the loan with him, because of first impressions. I felt he was a guy who would work through any difficulty and not give up during the loan process — also, he was likable and seemed trustworthy. He did not disappoint and neither did Cardinal Financial. I would use them again and recommend them — most definitely. Rob **

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 20, 2021

I received Peyton's contact information as a referral and I am so blessed that I followed up. Peyton worked quickly and diligently to help me complete closing on my first property. Peyton and his team were professional and caring and really helped me through the entire home buying process. Highly recommended.

Original review: June 28, 2021

Steve ** Is excellent. First of all, he prepares you for the whole process. There are no surprises on what is expected of you and what is expected for you to provide. He also keeps you informed as things progress. There are natural lags in the process, and he always reached out to remind me that this was normal and when to expect the next phase. I learned a lot from Steve, and would not hesitate to use him again.

Original review: June 23, 2021

We’ve had a great experience in the journey of buying our first home. Thanks to our loan officer Fong **. He’s very knowledgeable and professional at what he does. He came prepared and made sure we were good to go from the beginning. He also recommended a great realtor which was very helpful since I had no one in mind. When you have a awesome team, you know you’ve already won. Best feeling ever was closing on time without delay because Fong and his team are efficient. Thanks so much for the professional service, as we will be coming back in the future and will refer/recommend friends and family.

Original review: June 15, 2021

Daniel was top notch from beginning to end! His Patience and assistance with getting every step completed made this the easiest transaction I ever made. This is my second transaction using Cardinal Financial and Daniel **… I must say that the online uploading of documents was so easy. Perfect 10 experience from me!

Original review: July 28, 2021

Cardinal Financial took care of my refinance quickly and to my utmost satisfaction. I have recommended them to others. This is the 3rd loan with Cardinal Financial I have done during the past five years.

Original review: July 26, 2021

I had a great experience with Cardinal Mortgage. Alesha was my intake and mortgage expert the entire length of the process. She was extremely helpful and answered all of my questions. The process was long but at least I knew what to expect.

Original review: July 13, 2021

Meg was the most responsive LO we encountered during the refinance process. Many of the rates were similar, but her responsiveness beat out the competition. Hopefully, servicing of the loan is just as awesome.

Original review: July 8, 2021

I highly recommend Cardinal for refinancing. Their employees take the time to listen and work with their customers for their needs. The whole process was very easy with their website and the communication kept everything on track.

Original review: July 8, 2021

Process started out fast but then dragged on. The loan officer was excellent but it was headquarters that bogged down the process. Communication with headquarters was troublesome and lacking at times.

Original review: July 3, 2021

I had a excellent experience with Brooke ** during my whole process. She is excellent in entire process. One text or call is enough to get solution of problems. I am very much happy with what I got. Support also process was very fast.

Original review: June 29, 2021

Most seamless, stress-free and overall pleasant refinance in history! I can’t thank Will ** and the rest of my Cardinal team enough for their clear communication, efficiency and determination to closing my loan ahead of schedule!

Original review: June 8, 2021

I received out of this world service from my loan officer Palmer. He made the entire process smooth and kept me well informed along the way. I would def choose Cardinal again as long as they have Palmer on their team!

Original review: June 7, 2021

Debbie help my young first time buyers with the mortgage process. Debbie is an good communicator and problem solver. Very quick to respond to my buyers questions. Always has a pleasant attitude and is very professional. I would highly recommend her to any buyer.

Original review: April 29, 2021

Cardinal Financial really delivers great customer service and highly competitive rates—enough so that we switched from another lender during our refinancing process. Their website is easy to navigate and keeps you informed of your to-do lists and next steps.

Original review: April 14, 2021

Cardinal had a great blend of personal (phone based agent) and digital experiences that helped me get from pre-qualified to closed within about a month without ever needing to step into a physical location.

Original review: March 4, 2021

Decided to buy a home during Covid-19 Breakout. Worked entirely electronic with a wonderful young mortgage lender (Tiffany **) and she was on top of everything. My entire purchase from start to finish was easy and problem free. I couldn't be happier with their services!!

Cardinal Financial Company Information