Cardinal Financial is a nationwide mortgage lender offering a wide variety of mortgage products to purchase or refinance a home. With its proprietary loan origination system, Octane, customers experience a more convenient and streamlined process while buying a home or refinancing a loan. Cardinal Financial is available in all 50 states and has helped over 50,000 customers.
Cardinal Financial offers personalized loan options for homebuying and refinancing. The company could be more transparent about rates and fees, but we like that it’s widely available and has many mortgage products.
- Proprietary Octane platform
- Flexibility in programs
- Variety of loan options
- No mobile app
- No rates, fees on website
Cardinal Financial mortgage loans
Cardinal Financial offers a number of mortgage options to help customers find the right solution for their homebuying and refinancing needs. Its list of loan types includes:
- Conventional home loans
- FHA loans
- Jumbo loans
- USDA loans
- VA loans
- Disaster relief loans
- Construction home loans
- Down payment assistance
Cardinal Financial refinance rates
Cardinal Financial doesn’t publish rates online, which makes it difficult to compare its borrowing costs with those of other lenders. That being said, its online Octane program allows customers to easily compare their loan options side by side.
Octane is a proprietary home loan platform that guides you through your mortgage experience with Cardinal Financial. Once you have access and Cardinal Financial has collected information about your property, your credit history, your income and your assets, you can compare rate quotes and loan options. Your loan officer is available to answer any questions you have.
Cardinal Financial FAQ
- What lender fees does Cardinal Financial charge?
- Cardinal says that origination fees cost anywhere between 0.5% and 1% of the total mortgage loan amount. The company does not publicly disclose information about other fees.
- Does Cardinal Financial have an app?
- No, Cardinal Financial does not appear to have an app.
- Is Cardinal Financial available nationwide?
- Yes, Cardinal Financial operates in all 50 states.
- Where is Cardinal Financial headquarters located?
- Cardinal Financial is based in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Is Cardinal Financial a bank?
- Cardinal Financial is a mortgage lender. Details about its licensing can be found on the company’s website.
Is Cardinal Financial a good company?
Cardinal Financial seems to be a well-rounded mortgage lender. However, it's difficult to find details about current rates and lender fees. Still, because it offers so many loan options and convenience with its digital Octane platform, we think Cardinal Financial is a good company to check out as you compare lender options.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 3,148,905 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
Cardinal Financial really delivers great customer service and highly competitive rates—enough so that we switched from another lender during our refinancing process. Their website is easy to navigate and keeps you informed of your to-do lists and next steps.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
Cardinal had a great blend of personal (phone based agent) and digital experiences that helped me get from pre-qualified to closed within about a month without ever needing to step into a physical location.
Decided to buy a home during Covid-19 Breakout. Worked entirely electronic with a wonderful young mortgage lender (Tiffany **) and she was on top of everything. My entire purchase from start to finish was easy and problem free. I couldn't be happier with their services!!
Cardinal Financial Company Information
- Company Name:
- Cardinal Financial