View Rates

2. Mortgages

4.9/5 (43 ratings)

About Cardinal Financial

Cardinal Financial is a nationwide mortgage lender offering a wide variety of mortgage products to purchase or refinance a home. With its proprietary loan origination system, Octane, customers experience a more convenient and streamlined process while buying a home or refinancing a loan. Cardinal Financial is available in all 50 states and has helped over 50,000 customers.

Cardinal Financial mortgage loans

Cardinal Financial offers a number of mortgage options to help customers find the right solution for their homebuying and refinancing needs. Its list of loan types includes:

• Conventional home loans
  • Disaster relief loans
  • Construction home loans
  • Down payment assistance

Cardinal Financial refinance rates

Cardinal Financial doesn’t publish rates online, which makes it difficult to compare its borrowing costs with those of other lenders. That being said, its online Octane program allows customers to easily compare their loan options side by side.

Octane is a proprietary home loan platform that guides you through your mortgage experience with Cardinal Financial. Once you have access and Cardinal Financial has collected information about your property, your credit history, your income and your assets, you can compare rate quotes and loan options. Your loan officer is available to answer any questions you have.

Cardinal Financial FAQ

What lender fees does Cardinal Financial charge?
Cardinal says that origination fees cost anywhere between 0.5% and 1% of the total mortgage loan amount. The company does not publicly disclose information about other fees.
Does Cardinal Financial have an app?
No, Cardinal Financial does not appear to have an app.
Is Cardinal Financial available nationwide?
Yes, Cardinal Financial operates in all 50 states.
Where is Cardinal Financial headquarters located?
Cardinal Financial is based in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Is Cardinal Financial a bank?
Cardinal Financial is a mortgage lender. Details about its licensing can be found on the company’s website.

Is Cardinal Financial a good company?

Cardinal Financial seems to be a well-rounded mortgage lender. However, it's difficult to find details about current rates and lender fees. Still, because it offers so many loan options and convenience with its digital Octane platform, we think Cardinal Financial is a good company to check out as you compare lender options.

Cardinal Financial Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cardinal Financial?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cardinal Financial?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

Jack and the Cardinal Financial team made my home buying experience easy and stress free! As a first time home buyer I must say Jack made this process so simple for me and my wife. He assisted me at every step in the entire process, reassured me and kept the communication line open at all times whenever I had a question. Jack was very knowledgeable, communicative and motivated! We were able to finish all our paperwork in just under 3 weeks! We closed on our new home on week 5 and never had any issues or hiccups during the entire process.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Steve was entirely on top of every transaction and filing that took place, and took pains to explain the process and steps as things went along. There were a couple of hiccups with other companies involved in the refi, and Steve was on top of them in minutes, taking care of the issues, communicating the situation to me, and following up to make sure everything was done correctly. As much as these things can be stressful, Steve did everything he could to reduce the stress and make the process smooth.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Recently I refinanced my house through Cardinal Financial. Tonya ** helped me greatly every step of the way. She was extremely easy to talk to, professional and made everything very easy to understand. She was available any time of the day to address any questions or concerns I had. I truly cannot say enough good things, about my recent experience working with her and Cardinal Financial. Even after the process was over with, she was eager to answer any questions I had in regards my refinancing.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I originally spoke to David looking for a home equity loan. He gathered information on our situation and recommended a VA Cashout Refinance as a better means to accomplish our financial objectives. As a result, we ended up getting a much lower interest rate on our current mortgage, shortened our current mortgage timeline, and were able to fully fund the renovations we were working on as well. Additionally, the closing was the best I have experienced across multiple different lenders over the last 20 years. Overall this was a great experience. I would highly recommend David for anyone looking to buy or refinance a home.

Original review: June 23, 2021

We’ve had a great experience in the journey of buying our first home. Thanks to our loan officer Fong **. He’s very knowledgeable and professional at what he does. He came prepared and made sure we were good to go from the beginning. He also recommended a great realtor which was very helpful since I had no one in mind. When you have a awesome team, you know you’ve already won. Best feeling ever was closing on time without delay because Fong and his team are efficient. Thanks so much for the professional service, as we will be coming back in the future and will refer/recommend friends and family.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

Recently refinanced my home through Cardinal and I found Kendra to be very professional, knowledgeable, honest and personable. She said she would get our refi done in about a month and she delivered on that. Thanks to Kendra, we now have a 20 year mortgage for the same monthly costs as our old 30 year mortgage. I would highly recommend her and Cardinal to a friend.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

AnnMarie made the process of buying our home much less stressful than it ordinarily could have been. She was extremely knowledgeable and walked us through the entire process from start to finish. AnnMarie was highly responsive and on top of all aspects of our home purchase. She was an amazing asset to our team and I would highly recommend her for mortgage origination needs.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

The senior loan originator (Todd **) was very responsive, effective, friendly and professional through the process. He took the time to analyze and share all available options and guide me through the process.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

Wes is incredible at what he does! I'm a busy mom and he made every effort to make the process simple for me, from communication to finalizing paperwork. I would definitely choose Cardinal Financial over and over again!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

This was my second refi with Cardinal Financial, and I used cardinal a second time mostly because of Quoc **. He is super professional, respectful and always there to answer and help with any questions we have had. Customer service in our country is not what it used to be, but it is alive and well because of clock Quoc. A true professional with the heart to do things right, keeping the customer number 1.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

Q was very professional and patient with all my questions. He worked very efficiently and we were set to close in 13 days!! He was always available and I really appreciate all his help through this process.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

As a first-time home buyer, I had a really great customer experience with Cardinal Mortgage. They took the time to help me through the process, never rushed it, were very responsive, helpful and transparent.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

My phone calls and emails were always answered quickly and my loan officer, Greg **, was very good about explaining everything. We were pleasantly surprised at how fast our loan closed and how easy the whole process was.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Monica is a very knowledgeable agent. Communication is very easy with her; she is very accessible. If she can't answer a call she'll back very quickly. She always provided concise and easy to understand information.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Ben ** walked me through my first real estate investment financing. He is knowledgeable in all steps from the preliminary application to underwriting. Ben provides great customer service through timely follow up and a willingness to answer questions. Cardinal Financial has a very efficient web portal to submit documentation, receive copies of reports and appraisals and obtain real time updates on the mortgage application process.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Josh **, Loan Consultant, made it extremely easy during my refinance experience. He was always available to answer questions and went above and beyond to help with any issues that slowed down the process. Overall, my experience with Cardinal Financial was very positive.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

A few years ago I went thru Katrina at Cardinal Financial to refi. It was such a smooth process when I decided to refi again I contacted her. She gave detailed information on the process and what to expect.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Priscila helped me with mortgage refinance. She is very supportive, knowledgeable and helpful. She has addressed all my questions promptly and even helped me when she was on family emergency leave. She has gone extra mile to resolve few issues which I was facing with escrow account. This is best customer service I have experienced. I recommend Cardinal Financial mortgage and Priscila for smooth mortgage refinance.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Scott ** at Cardinal Financial was very optimistic. The first type of loan would not work for me, but I didn’t want to give up. Scott luckily was on the same page and had the tenacity and perseverance to make a loan happen for me.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Rachel ** is a bright example of Cardinal Financial's dedication to helping their customers, and we sincerely appreciate everything she did to assist us with the best loan possible. Thank you so much!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

We recently refinance our house with Cardinal Financial. Edmund ** was great to work with. He was very professional. He answered all our questions promptly. He communicated with us efficiently every step of the process. We were able to close within 3 weeks. We are very grateful to Edmund and Cardinal Financial for working with us tirelessly so that we can achieve our goals. They have a wonderful team of people. Thanks a million guys!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I applied Refi Loan Mortgage with Cardinal Financial Company. The Loan Originator was Anthony **, he was very helpful, very efficient. I've known him when I first applied for Home Loan refinancing year 2017.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

Racheal was the best and answered any questions I had or issues I had. Which was only 1 issue not on Cardinal's part or Racheal. Notary person was an hour and a half late and I had to contact them wondering where they were at. I would recommend Racheal to anyone! :)

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

The refinancing process with Cardinal Financial was the easiest and most efficient I have ever experienced. From the initial contact when I was looking to refinance, all the way through the closing, the Cardinal Financial team was experienced, professional and incredibly responsive. I highly recommend!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

Kevin was great to talk with! Always answered any questions quickly and kept me up to speed with everything. I was very nervous with doing our first refi, but he made it painless and a wonderful experience.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

The local office was great at first, we even referred a family member to them, then they never called the family member back, and then the person we were dealing with would constantly say he would call us back but would shove us off on someone else in the office. He didn't have the courtesy to call us back, and when an issue we had thought resolved previously from years earlier came up unresolved, and they basically weren't going to get commissions or make any money out of it they didn't have enough courtesy to contact us and talk to us. They had another person in the office email us and tell us if we can get this fixed let them know.

There was no contact from the actual loan officer we had been dealing with, and no notice there was an issue until the other person emailed us. No discussions of possible solutions. I have never dealt with a lender or lender representative who was so focused on only helping you if they were making money off you. If these people can't get any money off you they don't have time for you. There are better companies out there than Tuan **'s Cardinal Finance Office.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

Mr Charlie ** and his Cardinal Financial team strive for true excellence, dedication, and the know how for your financial needs. Mr. ** gets a 12. Driven, punctual and extremely knowledgeable in today's tough comprehensive market. If you're looking for a win. Give Charlie ** a call.

Original review: July 28, 2021

Cardinal Financial took care of my refinance quickly and to my utmost satisfaction. I have recommended them to others. This is the 3rd loan with Cardinal Financial I have done during the past five years.

Original review: July 27, 2021

I first connected with a loan officer named Michael Smith. I decided to continue the loan with him, because of first impressions. I felt he was a guy who would work through any difficulty and not give up during the loan process — also, he was likable and seemed trustworthy. He did not disappoint and neither did Cardinal Financial. I would use them again and recommend them — most definitely. Rob **

Original review: July 26, 2021

I had a great experience with Cardinal Mortgage. Alesha was my intake and mortgage expert the entire length of the process. She was extremely helpful and answered all of my questions. The process was long but at least I knew what to expect.

Cardinal Financial Company Information