4.8/5 (1518 ratings)

About National Debt Relief

National Debt Relief is one of the largest debt settlement companies in the nation. Our goal is to help clients re-establish financial stability and peace of mind in the least amount of time possible. We will work hard to provide experience and proven results through education and individual customer care.

Pros

• No-charge initial consultation
    • Free debt relief quote
    • Numerous accreditations

Cons

• Will need to pay percentage of debt settled

Bottom Line

National Debt Relief works best for those with a minimum debt of $10,000. Although you will need to pay a portion based on the debt settled, National Debt Relief can help consumers escape the cycle of debt and become financially independent.

Top National Debt Relief Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

They were very helpful. I feel better about my future. Can't wait to be debt free. I have a program I can keep. Without this help I could not get out of debt and I was scared. The...

Verified

All members of the staff that assisted me with getting the process started and finalizing enrollment were very helpful and knowledgeable … Thank you National Debt Relief for helpi...

What is National Debt Relief?

National Debt Relief is one of the largest debt settlement companies in the United States. National Debt Relief provides consumers freedom from financial debt by offering debt reduction services, as well as financial consultations. They have successfully negotiated settlements for thousands of collection amounts. Most cases settle within 24-48 months.

National Debt Relief is a BBB Accredited Business. They also have IAPDA (International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators) accreditations for all of their Debt Arbitrators and an AFCC (American Fair Credit Council) membership. Located in New York, National Debt Relief offers nationwide service.

How does National Debt Relief work?

To qualify for National Debt relief, you must:

• Be able to make a monthly payment into a settlement fund
    • Owe more than $10,000
    • Be several months behind on payments
    • Going through a financial crisis with no quick end in sight (such as recent job loss, reduction in hours, separation or divorce, death of a spouse, unexpected hospital or medical bills, student loans, IRS takes, etc.)

National Debt Relief works with your creditors to try and agree on a settlement for your debts with lower payments. Although successful with numerous debt settlements, each situation of debt is unique. Therefore, National Debt Relief is unable to guarantee identical or similar results for every client. Also, they cannot guarantee creditors will agree to a settlement.

You can call National Debt Relief today for a free consultation or click “Visit Website.”

National Debt Relief services

National Debt Relief provides a variety of debt and financial services, including:

• Debt settlement assistance
      This remains one of the best options to get rid of debt. While debt settlement assistance works for some people, getting a debt settlement workable and approved can be a complicated process. Having negotiated settlements for thousands of creditors and collection accounts, National Debt Relief has established themselves as experts in the field.
    • Free budget planner worksheets
      To get on top of debt, you must have a handle on all of your income and expenses. National Debt Relief makes this step a lot easier by providing a free budget planner worksheet. You can easily download this worksheet and plug in all avenues of income as well as areas of expense.
    • Free debt calculator
      One of the best ways to overcome debt is to develop a plan of action. Utilizing a debt calculator will help you do exactly that.
    • Consultations (including a free initial consultation)
      The experts at National Debt Relief understand finances, debt and accounting. Get counseling and guidance, help with your budget plan, and settle your debts with personal, invested National Debt Relief consultations.

National Debt Relief FAQ

How much does National Debt Relief cost?
    You can expect National Debt Relief to charge 15-25% of your enrolled debt. National Debt Relief does not have any upfront fees or cost to sign up. Additionally, initial debt consultations are free. Any National Debt Relief fees that will be billed is entirely performance-based. You don’t pay until you get your debt settled, and payments depend on how substantial a settlement you are awarded.
    How does National Debt Relief affect your credit?
    If you decide to enter a debt settlement program, your credit score may be adversely affected. However, it is often a better option than filing for bankruptcy.

Does National Debt Relief work?

We recommend National Debt Relief given their impressive collection of proven success and many top accreditations. They also have a nearly 5-star rating on ConsumerAffairs with over 36,000 reviews recorded. National Debt Relief also offers a good supply of free services and valuable information on their website to help clients understand debt settlement. Enrolling in a National Debt Relief program offers consumers a chance at escaping debt, and for that reason we recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Debt Relief?

Original review: April 19, 2022

For the most part, the experience has been very positive with NDR. I've seen the transparency has been there. They have always been open. The last part of the interaction that I had with them was they had a company called Liberty Lending they had mentioned to me. I was very interested until I started to have a conversation with Liberty Lending directly and they started to explain to me their interest rates on the rapid loan that they were offering. That didn't work for me, but for the most part with National Debt Relief, there are results being done, that are actually being made.

I'm about six months with it now. The follow-up was there constantly, that was one thing that was important to me. What's related to credit is funds, resources, equity, and understanding what my needs were and where I was currently at and saying, "This won't happen overnight. But if you stick with us, this is what the end result will be." Being 100% honest really gave me some ease to be able to say, "Let's go ahead and get this done."

Usually, every time I speak to someone from National Debt Relief, they always mention to me, "This is your login credentials, if you want to log in. If you don't have them, we can send them to you as many times as you need them." They also call me and I also get a lot of emails from them saying where we're at right now and what they've been doing. They also say, "This is an awesome option that was available now with this loan. If you are okay with it, we'll draw up a new draft schedule that will allow you to get this one out of the way. But it'll be a little bit more coming out."

If anything had to be improved with National Debt Relief, it would be being able to find companies like Liberty Lending that can offer better options to people that are willing to fast track their process and what they're trying to get accomplished. One of the things that they could do as well is to look at the programs that the country has offerings during the pandemic and base it upon what state people are in and see what they qualify for as well.

Get buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

The service has been great. The other places were too complicated, too high and not caring. When I called National Debt Relief, they didn't sound like bill collectors. They cared. I really felt they wanted to help me, so I ended up going with them. I talked to somebody and they took a lot of information and had me get all my information together. I made sure I had all my creditors and which ones I wanted to enroll in the program. Initially, I only enrolled three, but I lost a second job and had to add two more. It was seamless and everything is transparent. I don't use it very often, but I have access to my savings account so I could look at that balance anytime. I just sign on to my account, and it gives me a dashboard where I can see the percentage on the amount of my debt that's resolved and unresolved. I can look at what's in negotiation, if they're in conversation, and things that have yet to be resolved.

I can see it's reducing my debt. I just make sure I have those funds available. When I lost a job, I couldn't even keep my minimum payments to National Debt Relief, but there's this fee that I paid. It has to do with any legal issues that they'll address, and I made sure that was there until I could get back on my feet. It was just such a relief not to have to worry about it. I was overwhelmed and it's why I even contacted NDR. Now, I don't communicate with people on the phone anymore. It's all through the internet. Maybe I'm being too lax, but it's on autopilot. I get statements in my email and that's a reminder for me to go out and look if I want to, but they're taking care of everything. I just have to worry about the rest of my life, and for that red mark that's sitting there, somebody else is handling it.

I don't have to worry about filing bankruptcy because I've done that before and that was not a road I wanted to take at any cost. I don't care what creditors think about me, but I wanted to consciously be responsible for the debt that I incurred. I wanted to pay my portion as much as I was able to, but I needed help. What National Debt Relief is doing more than anything is helping me with those interest fees, and then reducing some of it.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

When they initially reached out to me, they were very upfront about the cost and what they can or cannot do. I didn't feel that they were being shady or trying to hide anything. I didn't feel like they were trying to tell me, “Yeah. This is gonna be easy.” They were very clear that this is the process and this is what happens. So far, I've had a positive experience with National Debt Relief. It was pretty easy to fill out the forms. I like that I was able to do everything online. There was only one form that I truly needed to print out, sign and send to them. So that was good. They used to call every day. But I told them to stop to give me updates and they did. Other than that, I don't have any issues whenever I need to get ahold of anyone. They communicate well.

I get paid on the 1st of every month and National Debt Relief used to take my payment out on the 15th. I asked them early on to take the payment on the 1st or the 2nd of the month. I want it gone out of my account soon. But it took a lot longer than I wanted it to be. But eventually, I was able to reach out to someone, and that person really did help me. In December, I had some family things that came up and I reached out to them. I asked them if it was possible for me to not make a payment this month and they asked me to make a lower payment, which really helped me. They were pretty flexible about it. They didn't make me feel bad about it, which is good.

At the very beginning, I was very hesitant to do the settlement, because you hear things and you get nervous about things. But then I started working with them and it was a stress relief. I feel calmer since working with National Debt Relief. I used to avoid getting my mail because it was something else that I'm gonna have to deal with. But I don't feel like that anymore because I know somebody's doing something about this. Everything has worked really well. The one thing that I would like for them to do that they don't do right now is to work on my debt that was over $500. I already have everything in one place and it will be really helpful if they would take care of that as well.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

The enrollment with National Debt Relief was pleasant. It was a Saturday afternoon call and I was not expecting the friendliness of the rep. He was kind and reassuring, and answered my questions as I understood things were going to proceed and he let me know what to expect. So, I was very comforted by that. NDR took care of the higher credit ones. If I had a question, I could bring it up on the portal and it would be resolved. If there was something that I wasn't happy with, I could follow up and say that this wasn't as I understood it, and it was explained to me very carefully how it worked.

With my Capital One, when I went and looked at the Experian report, it had a derogatory status on it and it was closed. I was a little bit sad with that. I know it's not a bankruptcy and that's what was explained to me at the beginning. Bankruptcy stays on for a long time and that's much worse. Anything that we resolve with NDR will fall away after some time and will not be reflected permanently, which is good for me.

The representatives are very professional and as competent as they can be with the situation at hand. If it's beyond their level, they refer me up to supervisors or a higher level. They make the time for it. And when I explained that I don't know what I'm doing because I'm not from this country or that I may have questions that I don't know, they're always very careful to slow down and to explain the things that other citizens may take for granted. So, in all, I feel safe and I feel comforted with making this choice, which is difficult.

With credit and everything, especially when you're new to the country, everybody's having all their credit cards and you're inundated with it and you have to build credits. So, to a certain extent, you have to put your neck out there. You don't plan on getting sick and nobody plans on having five surgeries in five years. But it happens. Unfortunately, not being a citizen, I had no help. I couldn't apply for disability like most people could in my situation. So, I had nothing. My husband, as a veteran, did what he could. But he had his own stress. So, NDR helped us.

NDR also taught me what credit is, how to be cautious with it and what it means for your life if you're not aware of the situations you're stepping into. They said that they could help me with this. It was not going to be pleasant, but they were going to make it as pleasant as they could. At the same time, they gave me a lot of education on how to not fall into this, how to keep up with the program, not overextend ourselves and not fall into the same trap again. If you're going to go through an unpleasant experience and have a helping hand and guiding hand, you want to make sure you don't end up there again.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

My husband and I were looking to consolidate our debt to help us get out of debt faster. We started doing some research on the internet and looking at different reviews of companies. We talked to one company and got some information from them. Then we saw National Debt Relief on the website and I looked a little bit more into them. I saw that they were the number one Better Business Bureau Debt Consolidation Company of the Year during the year that we did this. I gave them a call and they were able to offer us a better deal and a little bit more peace of mind so we went with them. We got them all of our information, and they were able to give us a decent payment. They were able to work a pay schedule out for us. They were also very transparent that our credit was gonna go lower, that we'd see a significant drop in it.

We get an automated call two three times a month giving us the option to talk to a representative to get an update on our account. Since joining them, I have gotten out of the military and my husband will officially retire from the military tomorrow. National Debt Relief said that because of the change in our income, they would be able to work a different payment schedule out for us. They've kept us in the loop with everything and they're absolutely awesome anytime I have talked to them. Everyone I've talked to has been polite. I love National Debt Relief. They've helped us out tremendously. There have been a couple friends and family members that have considered doing this that I've recommended this company to.

National Debt Relief response

Hi Hali, thank you for the review. We love when our clients take time to let us know how happy they are! We’re happy you experienced our best-in-class service and results, and we hope to keep on delivering.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

I had a great experience with National Debt Relief. Everything was explained very clearly and any questions I had were promptly answered. They gave me time to consider the decision I was making and weren't pushy. Representatives were very friendly and helpful.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

The specialist was very professional and knowledge. He asked me my financial status and my monthly budget. Looked for the loan offers and helped me to decide for the best option for me. I highly recommend them when you are looking for assistant for debt relief.

National Debt Relief response

Thank you! The team here at National Debt Relief is thrilled to hear such great feedback, and we’re proud to be your partners on the road to a brighter financial future.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

Chris was so helpful and made me feel like I was in good hands. Everything was explained in detail to me and Chris helped me come up with the best plan for my situation. I would highly recommend seeking financial help through NDR! Thank you Chris!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

I had the best experience with Arthur, he walked me through everything, made sure that I can ask all the questions I had, and he was very patient with me. I had all my questions answered, he took his time going through each and every step and would go back if I didn't understand something. I had an overall great experience.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

Our debt specialist David **, was great helping us. He explained everything to us, we appreciate his help, and I will recommend others about my experience with National Debt Relief. I don't have anything else to say, I thank National Debt Relief for helping me again, THANKS.

National Debt Relief Company Information