Call toll free
4.84/5
Based on 12,453 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

National Debt Relief is one of the largest debt settlement companies in the nation. Our goal is to help clients re-establish financial stability and peace of mind in the least amount of time possible. We will work hard to provide experience and proven results through education and individual customer care.

We want individuals to achieve freedom from financial debt by receiving debt reduction services and financial consultations so that they will continue to live debt-free. Call today to learn more!

National Debt Relief Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

33558 National Debt Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 25, 2019

NDR is truly heaven sent, my wife and I were drowning in debt after dutifully paying our monthly debt year after year. We heard of them through a friend. Within a few days they had us approved and on our way to being debt free. Isaiah was very professional and was a key factor in us going with NDR rather than one of the other debt relief companies. He is a credit to NDR. He spent the extra time with us to explain the agreement, section by sector. We feel so much more at ease now.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 25, 2019

We have just started with the program. I’m hoping and praying this is the for this to be over in 48 months instead of a lifetime. Thank you, I’m so glad I apply for this help and we were approved as well.

Original review: March 25, 2019

Ronald was very professional, I will highly recommend him to a friend. He took the time to explain everything I need to know and he said to call him back if I needed any help. I called him back with questions, he answered them with no problem. Thank you Ronald.

Original review: March 25, 2019

Welcome call went great! She was very nice and explained everything thoroughly. She was very informative and walked me through the process and helped me understand everything, making sure she answered any of my questions along the way. Thank you!

Original review: March 25, 2019

My first encounter was with Ms. **. She was extremely courteous and patient. She obtained all the details regarding my dilemma. She was quite thorough. My second encounter was with someone whose name I don't remember. (Sorry) However, she possessed the same qualities ass Ms. **. Both ladies were quite personable and I enjoyed speaking with them. Maybe I talked too much because I felt comfortable with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Debt Relief?

Original review: March 24, 2019

Everyone we dealt with was friendly, professional, and very easy to understand. Explained everything well and patient with our lack of computer skills. A very pleasant experience. They were compassionate and understood our situation well. We are looking forward to getting all of our debt resolved at a great savings.

Original review: March 24, 2019

I felt I could breathe a sigh of relief after drowning in debt making minimum payments. A tremendous weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I was drowning in fees and high interest that would have taken me twenty years to pay. Now I will be debt free in 3 1/2 years.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Everything was explained to me in great detail. Very easy to understand. Each person I dealt with was very pleasant and helpful. This was something I was stressed out about but when I completed all of the information I felt confident that I made the right decision.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I was very happy with the service and the process to sign up for the debt release program. Both phone calls were very easy to follow and explained everything in detail. I would highly recommend the program to a friend.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Dashawn made my application very easy for me. He explained the process so I could understand everything. He also was very patient with me and answered all my questions. I told him that all the headaches I was having should go away. Thank you very much. Lisa

Original review: March 23, 2019

Every time I call I get a representative on the phone that wants to help and is courteous and understanding. Helping people deal with their finances is a difficult job and these folks do it with ease. Thank you for being a shinning light in the darkness that is credit card debt.

Original review: March 23, 2019

National Debt Relief provided settlement service for me. The enrollment process was easy and they got back to me and guided me through the process. They were very instrumental in helping me and asking me questions. They were very professional. The person that I worked with initially was very courteous. So far, the program is helping me get out of debt much faster than I would have. I obtained a whole lot of unnecessary debt and I got overwhelmed with the things that I was taking care of.

I’ve only been in for about a year and I still have another two years. I still have one more debt they are trying to satisfy. The service will definitely help a person who likes to keep things right and straightened. Last month, they entered me into trying something else different because I have been having very good paying history, so they gave me another line of credit to pay off the debtors and to speed the process up to bring my credit level back up sooner than later. I’m very satisfied with National Debt Relief.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Very helpful. This service is taking some stress in my life away and I will be out of credit card debt in no time. The staff makes sure I feel comfortable in the process, and are always there if I need advice.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I owe a debt of gratitude to Nathan for his firm answers to my questions, for being clear about my accumulated debt, and options going forward. His frank appraisal led me to realize my situation was more severe than I had grasped. Perhaps his willingness to contact me on my schedule, after I insisted on three days to think it over, built my trust and confidence in this process. I appreciate your help.

Original review: March 23, 2019

He was very polite. Answered my questions in a timely manner. Understood my hardship predicament. He did not rush me. Was able to understand him. He phoned back when he said that he would and did not pressure you to call him back at a certain time. I felt very comfortable speaking with him.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Very good at helping me understand the program. We will see as we go forward, now that I am in the program if it is as what I understood it to be. Both parties that I spoke to were good at explaining the details of the program and went over all aspects even though there were some email issues.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Everything was well explained and a perfect pace. I was able to receive a thorough explanation of what I was agreeing to. It only took about 15 minutes as explained, which is very timely mannered. Thank you! Have a great one!

Original review: March 22, 2019

Very friendly personnel to work with. They explain everything to you and make you feel better about yourself. I would recommend this company to anyone who is suffering from debt. It's better than filing for bankruptcy. I wouldn't know what else to do if I did not call them to help me out.

Original review: March 22, 2019

When we had our free consultation over the phone, Menes ** talked us through everything, step by step. He was superb!!! He made everything simple, and easy to understand. There were very few questions from us, as he covered everything. Our Welcome call was also a very easy conversation. Kudos to National Debt Relief for a great staff.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: March 22, 2019

Everyone has been very helpful and polite. Would highly recommend National Debt Relief. I am looking forward to reaching my goal of clearing all my creditors calls and having peace of mind. Thank you once again for all the help given.

National Debt Relief response
Hello Dale,

Thank you for the feedback and glad to hear that overall you had a positive experience with us. A member of our team will be reaching out shortly to better understand your specific concerns. You can also call us directly at 888-660-7427.

Original review: March 22, 2019

The ladies were very friendly and informative. They gave me all the information I will need and information. They went over everything very well and answered all my questions so that I know what is going on all the time.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I lost my job last December and became unable to pay my credit cards and loan. I found National Debt Relief on the top of Agencies that could help me. Kelli ** made my enrollment an enjoyable experience. She explained very well all things to me and answered all my questions. Instead of the long time our conversations required, she had always been very patient to make sure I understand the enrollment process. I will recommend friends National Debt Relief.

Original review: March 22, 2019

She was nice and helpful. Answered all our questions. The legal talk was long and hard to really follow, I would just prefer to have it in writing. Other than that it was semi-quick and painless. Thank you for your help.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Appreciate the in-depth information. Friendly rep. Tone could have been a little lighter but she seemed very knowledgeable of the information. I would recommend to a friend with debt problems. They were easy to understand and helped us to comprehend what our options were.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Just like that National Debt Relief was able to help with my debt. I was patient with their process and I'm glad I was. They have a fair program made to help. Very happy I chose them. I'm sure this will help me get back on track and save money for the future as well.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Joshua ** and Erik ** were very helpful, thorough, knowledgeable, caring and understanding. They were encouraging and prompt with providing the information required with moving forward in the process. Follow-up calls by all associates were prompt and respectful of my time.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Loved the welcome call! She took her time to explain everything to me. They definitely have a great onboarding process/system in place. I know exactly what to expect now and are looking forward to getting my finances back in place.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Everyone I spoke to from NDR has been wonderful. I really appreciate their professionalism and them not testing me like I was just a person that didn’t want to pay their bills. Thanks for all your help! I’m already feeling a sense of relief.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Sophia and the other lady were very thorough and polite. The experience was exceptional. The follow through and callbacks were very professional as well. Nobody ever wants to go through this experience but if they ever do it’s a positive experience at least.

Original review: March 22, 2019

National Debt Relief has been great! The representatives are super nice and they are understanding of the goals that I would like to achieve with them. I am grateful they have accepted me and I am looking forward to becoming debt free once again!

National Debt Relief expert review by Barbara Friedberg

National Debt Relief helps consumers find relief from burdensome debt with their debt settlement services. They offer alternatives to bankruptcy along with educational resources for people who are considering filing for bankruptcy.

• No upfront cost: There are no upfront fees to use National Debt Relief’s services, and you pay only when they succeed in reducing your debt. Fees range from 20-25 percent of the total paid debt.

• Free budget planner worksheets: Start managing your budget by downloading a free budget planner worksheet from National Debt Relief’s website. This tool will help you figure out if you will have a surplus or deficit at the end of the month based on your monthly income and expenses.

• Location-specific resources: Find out about your state's debt laws on National Debt Relief’s website. If National Debt Relief does not operate in your state, you can still learn about ways to manage your debt.

• Quick qualification: Fill out a short form on National Debt Relief’s website to see if you qualify for debt relief. A representative will contact you quickly to help you figure out your next move.

• Customer success record: Over 99.9 percent of National Debt Relief's clients pay off their debts and do not need to return for future help.

• Best for: overspenders and people dealing with consumer debt.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg