Call toll free
4.82/5
Based on 15,797 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

National Debt Relief is one of the largest debt settlement companies in the nation. Our goal is to help client’s re-establish financial stability and peace of mind in the least amount of time possible. We will work hard to provide experience and proven results through education and individual customer care.

We want individuals to achieve freedom from financial debt by receiving debt reduction services and financial consultations so that they will continue to live debt-free. Call today to learn more!

National Debt Relief Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

30058 National Debt Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

This was so much more simple than I could have imagined. I have struggled with debt for many years, Lance ** was great at explaining everything to me. It is a big relief, stress relief knowing that in 42 months I will be debt free.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Consolidation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Experience has been great, although just starting the program. All questions and concerns were discussed and explained. Representative extremely helpful in explaining the entire program. Customer service as well. Looking forward to completing program. Thank you NDR, Chris and Brandi for your help!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I'm in debt bad didn't know where to turn. National Debt Relief they were more than happy to offer help. They're very understanding. They pulled up my credit and went over every one step by step. Offered to set up a payment plan that fits my budget to make sure that we can make those payments. I would recommend National Debt Relief for all your debt needs.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

This was a very good experience so far. Both representatives that I spoke with were very informative with details and how the program will work. They made sure I knew how the escrow account works. Knew the forms I needed to get for the payoff and were always informing of how it works. Let me know all research had to be within 30 days.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Both representatives I worked with today were great! Eddie took my application and was very transparent about the process. I then received a welcome call and was apprised of what I can expect from the company and what to do if I have questions or run into problems.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Debt Relief?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I just joined the program and the on-boarding has been fine. I hope the negotiations go well and that I can keep up with the payments! The contract information is detailed and they answered any questions I had very clearly and concisely.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

George was very helpful and informative and friendly. He answered all my questions and made sure I understood the whole process. I give him a 10!!! I would highly recommend this company and especially George **. Your success team was fast and effective.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I have just started my journey through NDR. After 5 minutes of explaining my situation and hearing what they could do to help I was so excited and ready to begin! They really dig deep and give you every pro and con they have to help lead you and your situation down the right path! I am excited to be enrolled in this program and having the legal insurance was a definite plus! This place is a worry free and stress relief! Super thankful and ready to get my financial life back on track and QUICKLY!!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

The application and enrollment process - I found my experience to be satisfactory. The agents did a good job of informing me of all of the details related to my application and enrollment. They were willing to answer all of my questions and made me feel confident that I would soon be able to become debt free.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

The experience has been great. I first spoke with Joel, helpful and explained the program completely, I was made very comfortable about the whole process. The explanation of this program from the representatives has been above and beyond anything that I ever expected. Thanks for making sure that I understood all of it.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Imani and my welcome center rep were extremely helpful. Made me feel relieved to get my debt resolved. I felt that they truly cared and wanted to help me get out of my debt faster. The whole process was quick and easy. I can't wait to get through this with your help.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Olga & Hector - I had a really good time with both of them, they help you every step of the application. I am happy so far!!! However, it is just the beginning, I may have to wait almost a year to see an improvement with my situation.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

So far, I am very pleased with the excellent service provided very professional, everything was explained in detail. I will highly recommend National Debt Relief to others that wish to get out of debt. I am very impressed by their friendly and understanding attitude, I was treated with respect and they reassured me, they will deal with creditors on my behalf.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I enrolled with NDR today and I was very impressed with how quickly and efficiently my concerns were handled by my debt specialist Max **. Within a short period of time I was enrolled and had the weight of too much debt taken off my shoulders. I am very grateful, thank you to Max and Josh and the whole team!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Great customer service at National Debt Relief (Edwin and Catalina). The enrollment process was quick and efficient. Everything was well explained. We appreciate all your help and knowledge. We can't wait to get out of debt! We would highly recommend to other!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Steve ** spent over an hour with me on the phone and emails, and he took his time to listen to my problems, and he explained to me the program step by step, and he was very honest man. Very hard to find people like Steve who will tell you the pros and cons, and let you decide. Thank you Steve.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Everybody I spoke to was very helpful and very informative. I believe this is my only option to get out of debt and I believe they will do everything to help me. I can’t wait to see what starts to happen in 4-6 months.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Very nice people. They were patience when I asked questions. They explained everything about the program in depth. It was all done online and over the phone. It made enrolling easy and fast. He went into detail and helped me with my budget so that all of the numbers worked.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

The representatives that I have been working with have been a great help to me. They are helpful and care about the people they are helping. I have already recommended them to a friend. The process has been fast and easy.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Everyone I spoke with was helpful, nice and supportive. Answered all my questions, didn't make me feel bad, and called when I was available. Was able to do what I wanted and gave me a payment that I could afford.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Everyone was very helpful and professional. Each question I asked was handled professionally and expertly. Each subject area was a little confusing at first but as I asked about each subject area. They answered me and helped to clarify things for me.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Very helpful and look forward to working with this company. All the questions I had were answered clearly and promptly. I feel very comfortable knowing someone is helping me through this debt process. Good company with very excellent kind caring people.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

The customer service was amazing and was very pleased with both phone calls. They were very patient and explaining everything. Answered all my questions and concerns. Al ** was very friendly and I'm very satisfied with the serviced provided. Monica was also very friendly and explained any questions I had.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I researched various debt relief agencies and decided on National Debt Relief because they were always at the top of the list of recommended providers with The Better Business Bureau and Customer Reviews among others. I have only just signed up, but already I am impressed with the knowledge and professionalism of the representatives whom I have talked to, namely, Marvo ** and Nicole (I can't remember Nicole's last name). They were both informed and able to answer my questions patiently and satisfactorily. NDR's policy of going over the entire contract with you point by point to explain it and answer questions before having you sign took out the anxiety usually associated with signing such things.

Additionally, I had a day to think about it and re-read the contract on my own before actually committing myself to it. Not that there is much of a risk because NDR will allow you to cancel at any time with no penalties or fees. If the process continues with this kind of professionalism and care, I will be very pleased indeed. I will keep everyone posted as we continue this journey.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Process to get enrolled was extremely easy. Everyone on the phone was very helpful and very nice. I feel as though I was listened to and validated and I now have hope that I will be debt free. I think this service is a godsend.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

All representatives were knowledgeable and extremely forthcoming with needed information regarding the program details. Each rep I had the pleasure of speaking with was very polite and thorough with the information they provided. I would recommend this association to those seeking a financial resolution in regards to their accumulated debts.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I think that National Debt Relief is the answer to my prayers. I was so depressed when I would see the amount of interest I was paying on my credit cards each month. Through the help of NDR, I can sleep at night now, knowing that I made the right decision in managing my debt. Franklin ** was my agent and he was so kind and helpful. He was enjoyable to talk to even though this has been a very difficult situation for me.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Thanks to National Debt Relief we can finally see how we can put our lives back together. No more sleepless nights of wonder how pay for everything. You made the process quick and easy, My Wife and me had a couple of free minutes to call and before we knew it we were done. And we were able to get help right when we called, how often does that happen these days. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Very accurate / very educated / very prompt and HELPFUL. Very understanding and NICE. Helped me EVERY step of the way. Couldn't have asked for a better person to guide on this difficult (to say the least) journey. George ** was WONDERFUL

National Debt Relief response

Abby, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience! We've made sure to pass your compliments along to the agent who helped you! Please let us know if there's anything else you may need.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Trying to get out of credit card debt, and your team is helping. Everyone that we were in contact with was very knowledgeable and answered all our questions concerning the enrollment process. We are looking forward to being debt free.

National Debt Relief expert review by Barbara Friedberg

National Debt Relief helps consumers find relief from burdensome debt with their debt settlement services. They offer alternatives to bankruptcy along with educational resources for people who are considering filing for bankruptcy.

• No upfront cost: There are no upfront fees to use National Debt Relief’s services, and you pay only when they succeed in reducing your debt. Fees range from 20-25 percent of the total paid debt.

• Free budget planner worksheets: Start managing your budget by downloading a free budget planner worksheet from National Debt Relief’s website. This tool will help you figure out if you will have a surplus or deficit at the end of the month based on your monthly income and expenses.

• Location-specific resources: Find out about your state's debt laws on National Debt Relief’s website. If National Debt Relief does not operate in your state, you can still learn about ways to manage your debt.

• Quick qualification: Fill out a short form on National Debt Relief’s website to see if you qualify for debt relief. A representative will contact you quickly to help you figure out your next move.

• Customer success record: Over 99.9 percent of National Debt Relief's clients pay off their debts and do not need to return for future help.

• Best for: overspenders and people dealing with consumer debt.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg