4.74/5
Based on 21,909 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

National Debt Relief is one of the largest debt settlement companies in the nation. Our goal is to help client’s re-establish financial stability and peace of mind in the least amount of time possible. We will work hard to provide experience and proven results through education and individual customer care.

We want individuals to achieve freedom from financial debt by receiving debt reduction services and financial consultations so that they will continue to live debt-free. Call today to learn more!

National Debt Relief Video
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 20, 2018

23871 National Debt Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 19, 2018

I was seeking a way to consolidate credit card debt and National Debt Relief was my answer. Everyone I dealt with was very informative and professional, ensuring that I completely understood everything within the program. The enrollment and welcome process are very thorough.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Consolidation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I felt very anxious when I first called NDR, but once the process was explained to me in great detail my anxiety began to subside. I am just starting my journey to be debt free, but I feel comfortable that NDR will continue to be on my side through my whole journey.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Each person I spoke with during this intense and frightening process was supportive and able to relieve some of the stress. The representative that concluded my welcome call was the most professional and sympathetic to the situation. She was compassionate and calmly walked me through the process. She allowed for as many questions I had and was able to keep me hopeful.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Everyone I spoke with was very friendly and helpful and seems to want the best for me and to try to help me get out of debt. I was a bit nervous about doing this but my mind was put at ease my questions were answered. (Edgar) did a GREAT job and I don't remember the lady that I spoke with but she was very helpful also.

Original review: May 19, 2018

So far my experience with NDR has been excellent! The customer service rep I worked with, Casey **, was very helpful and didn't make me feel stupid for needing help with my debt consolidation. Everything was done via email, very fast and easy to access. I would definitely recommend NDR to anyone who needs help getting a handle on their debts; they have an A+ rating with the BBB for a reason. After everything was figured out for my situation, I'll have almost half of my debts taken care of in a little over two years, or less if I make double payments! Very pleased with this service and I feel like a weight has been lifted.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Debt Relief?

Original review: May 19, 2018

I would like to thank the two very knowledgeable people that would be Steven **, and Isis. These two people were very helpful. They walked me through all the necessary process to get me approved. Glad to do business with the company.

Original review: May 19, 2018

My initial contact was with Gary ** who was patient, thorough and knowledgeable about how National Debt. He indicated that his goal was to help relieve stress, work with the creditors and provide step by step assistance through all required phases. His professionalism was great and after completing the first part, I felt good to have chosen the right company for my needs.

Original review: May 19, 2018

100% serious, joining this program was one of the best things I've done in my entire life. Seriously, thank you so much National Debt Relief, you've taken away all my stress, and are giving me the opportunity to restart my life and rebuild my credit.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I had a very positive experience with NDR, from the first call to the Welcome communications. They explained the program to me very clearly and made sure that I understood each step and instructions. I would definitely recommend NDR to anyone who may be in a situation like mine who would be needing assistance.

Original review: May 19, 2018

My entire experience was great and for the most part very easy. The one and only problem that I had was during the welcome call. The phones were static covered and hard to decipher what was being said at times. Cathleen was very helpful and worked through the call with me so she did amazing on her part, it was just the clarity of the phone system that was being used. Overall, it has been a nice and simple process.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Wonderful. ☺️ Thank you for helping me out of debt. I appreciate you. I feel so much better about me and now I feel I have a life worth living again; so again thank you for everything you are doing to help me out of debt.

Original review: May 19, 2018

So far everyone has been super friendly which is nice considering I owe agree people money... Struggling to keep above isn't easy especially two babies and losing a parent suddenly. Thank you for being respectful. It helps a lot and being understanding as well. I thank you.

Original review: May 19, 2018

My first impression was very informative. Mr. ** was courteous and very patient to explain everything. I am not a whiz with the computer so he was helpful with that. I feel that I am in capable hands picking National Debt Relief to help me get my financial status corrected.

Original review: May 18, 2018

You have greatly assisted us resolve some our financial problems. We found it quick, informative and supportive of our particular issues. In particular explanations on supportive communications with creditors, what we should and should not do. They have helped us deal with a burden. We are grateful.

Original review: May 18, 2018

This process has been an awful day one and has progressed with positive results without any hassles to me. I like the idea of trying to pay back on my bills as much as I can rather than choosing to go bankrupt. This gives me that option.

Original review: May 18, 2018

My experience with Paul and Chantel was extremely professional, thorough yet warm and approachable. They made me feel very comfortable with the process and explained everything in great detail. I feel relieved that I will be able to pay off my debt and get out from underneath the interest that, in my opinion is financial slavery.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I have many sleepiness nights trying to figure out how to get out of debt. Ms. ** helped to understand the program and how it will help me. I am glad there is a program like this. It it hard when you work and all your money goes to bills. Thank you guys.

Original review: May 18, 2018

All communications were handled professionally and courteously. Explanations were given when requested. Representatives were available whenever we called for information or had a question for them to answer. We are hopeful that we will be helped by the program.

Original review: May 18, 2018

So grateful for this program and the opportunity it provides for our family. We appreciate the quick response time, the ease of process and the kindness from Alex **. We are looking forward to the future again. :) Thank you!

Original review: May 18, 2018

They answered my questions and listened even when I was nervous because I have never done debt relief before. Even though at start my credit will plummet but in the long run my credit will be good as new. For that I thank you...

Original review: May 18, 2018

The treatment I received was excellent. It made me much more comfortable with the process and like I had someone on my side. I was treated with respect and made to feel as if my experience was one many people go through and not one to feel badly about.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I am feeling so much better about my situation since signing up with National Debt Relief. Paul ** was extremely helpful and walked me through the whole process step-by-step. I am looking forward to getting back on my feet and learning from this experience. Thank you all so much.

Original review: May 18, 2018

When speaking with the representatives they both were very friendly and patient. All my questions were answered. Both gentlemen are very knowledgeable of their job. They made me feel as though I was making the right decision. Thank you in Advance.

Original review: May 18, 2018

The customer service agent that attended to me was very polite and knowledgeable about this program. He made me feel very comfortable about what I am committing to with the National Debt Relief program. I have high hopes that this program helps me out and gets me out of debt in a manageable way.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Thank you Bryton ** for the service you provided. You were very well informed, courteous, and very respectful of my situation. As a new client I would recommend you, along with National Debt Relief to anyone I know with the same situation. My experience with you, and also National Debt Relief left me feeling like I had been talking with my family. Thank you so much.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Sarah and the members of the Success team here have been very helpful and informative! They were there to answer to my questions as I was signing up for the program, and as I moved forward. I would recommend using NDR to anyone who is looking to resolve their unsecured debt.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I was afraid to actually contact National Debt Relief. I avoided the calls. I felt stupid that I allowed my debt to get to this point. After talking with Marvin **, I felt so much better. I felt I made the right decision. He was very thorough and answered all my questions. I just signed up so hopefully my view doesn't change.

Original review: May 18, 2018

So far so good! I've been stressing and fighting over debt for way too long. My decision to ask for a quote spun my insides around. Paul was such a great help. He helped eased my questions and calm my mind.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Everyone I spoke to was pleasant, professional and easy to understand. The entire process was quick and easy, and put my mind at ease. I feel confident that all my debt problems will be resolved after joining this wonderful team.

Original review: May 18, 2018

My experience with everyone at National Debt Relief was awesome. Perfect service! Jason and Mona were both helpful and gave me a sense of relief about all my debt and I truly believe that everyone there are Awesome! I could not do it without y'all! I truly wish everyone the best.

National Debt Relief expert review by Barbara Friedberg

National Debt Relief helps consumers find relief from burdensome debt with their debt settlement services. They offer alternatives to bankruptcy along with educational resources for people who are considering filing for bankruptcy.

• No upfront cost: There are no upfront fees to use National Debt Relief’s services, and you pay only when they succeed in reducing your debt. Fees range from 20-25 percent of the total paid debt.

• Free budget planner worksheets: Start managing your budget by downloading a free budget planner worksheet from National Debt Relief’s website. This tool will help you figure out if you will have a surplus or deficit at the end of the month based on your monthly income and expenses.

• Location-specific resources: Find out about your state's debt laws on National Debt Relief’s website. If National Debt Relief does not operate in your state, you can still learn about ways to manage your debt.

• Quick qualification: Fill out a short form on National Debt Relief’s website to see if you qualify for debt relief. A representative will contact you quickly to help you figure out your next move.

• Customer success record: Over 99.9 percent of National Debt Relief's clients pay off their debts and do not need to return for future help.

• Best for: overspenders and people dealing with consumer debt.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg