Call toll free
4.82/5
Based on 17,040 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

National Debt Relief is one of the largest debt settlement companies in the nation. Our goal is to help client’s re-establish financial stability and peace of mind in the least amount of time possible. We will work hard to provide experience and proven results through education and individual customer care.

We want individuals to achieve freedom from financial debt by receiving debt reduction services and financial consultations so that they will continue to live debt-free. Call today to learn more!

National Debt Relief Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

28591 National Debt Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Edward, my account contact was so extraordinarily patient with me. He answered every question directly. He was sympathetic and honest when addressing my concerns and my panic in accepting the fact that I KNEW I needed help. He was strongly stating the truth but was not pushy.

National Debt Relief response

Leslie, thank you for leaving feedback today. We're happy to hear that our agent addressed your concerns with patience and empathy. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help make your program run more smoothly.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Consolidation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

My first agent I talked to was great. Teneesha ** is such a pleasure to deal with and talk to. The second girl I talked to not so much, I don't think telling me I need a electronic device is any of her business. Otherwise I'm good. I appreciate the help I'm receiving from you. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

Great job. The program is just what I needed. I like it so much I mentioned it to other people. Thanks. I am glad you were there. The paperwork was easy to understand. The worker Mr ** he was easy to understand. He was great.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I was a little nervous about making the decision to make the call to National Debt Relief, but after speaking to the representative I felt more at ease. He explained everything in detail and went over the documents with me. I am glad I made the choice to contact National Debt Relief.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

The lady did a tremendous job, answered all of my questions and made sure I was satisfied before hanging up. Made me feel valued and wanted. Everything was explained to me in a way that I could understand. Truly satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Debt Relief?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I had gotten over my head in credit card debt while being a stay at home mom to my 3 kids. My husband overtime and bonuses had dried up and we had come to depend on them to make ends meet. I worked part time jobs as I could but we still fell deeper into debt. I am now working full time and I knew I need to get past this difficult time period as quickly as possible. This is not the path I wanted to go down but I am so grateful a company exists like this to help people like me who genuinely just need a clean slate to start over. (In about 3 years or so instead of 5-10 like I was on pace for.) Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Great customer service. Both reps were very knowledgeable and professional. The reps made me feel very at ease with the process and answered all of my questions thoroughly. I was very pleased with my encounter. Since I have never considered a debt consolidation option before, this was very helpful.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Borris and the woman who helped me with the Welcome Call were both fantastic - they made me feel at ease throughout the entire process - I felt very happy and confident with my decision to enroll with National Debt Relief.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Your agent are very helpful and take the time to explain in detail. Especially Theodore ** who did the lion’s share of our contract. He is not only knowledgeable, but also very patient. As an older citizen, I appreciate your company's attitude of being helpful and explaining everything.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Your people were very helpful and explained the project and what all that would be happen if I did not follow through and how the law works and how the payments are made. Then in the end they show you how to rebuild up your credit again.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Staff was very courteous and helpful in explaining the National Debt Relief program and how it works. Even though my credit score may be lowered this is a better outcome for me to honor my debt to creditors. At the age of 70 and physical limitations I may only have a few hrs left to work as a waitress. So by joining NDR I can relieve me of meeting my obligations to creditors and incurring additional page fees and interest.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I have just entered the program, and as of yet I do not have any real time experience with the program. But from my introduction and welcoming to the program, I am very pleased and excited with my experience from the National Debt team.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Well spoken employees that show compassion and desire to help without being judgmental. Explained program in detail, with clear direction of the pitfalls ahead, while still remaining positive and creating assurance that they would be with me every step of the way.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Everything I needed was accomplished! Everyone was informative, answered my questions, and was very courteous. This was not an easy task for me, the staff made it that much easier. I would definitely recommend NDR to anyone in need of help.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I had a great experience, Matthew explained everything wonderfully to me and helped me be at ease while going through this uncomfortable process. He was very clear, concise and explained to me the process and was also very patient with me when I had questions and when I was needing time to make my decision. I would recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I feel like I was given all the information necessary to make this a positive and successful experience. The representatives that I spoke with were amazing. I would definitely recommend this to a friend. I hope this will be the best choice and final step in my road to credit freedom.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Customer service was awesome with both representatives... very knowledgeable and helpful. Manwa was vey thorough and helpful. Definitely will recommend National Debt Relief to others. Seems like a smooth process and looking forward to getting everything tooken care of! Thanks again! Awesome team!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Johnathan ** and Karen made the process painless and was able to set my wife and I at ease. Everything was explained in a manner that was understandable and open. I would definitely recommend your service. 5 Stars to both of them.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I worked with Franklin, and a lady in client services (I cannot remember her name) but both explained the whole process, made sure I understood. And most importantly, they listened and really seemed to care about me as a person, not a number.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I want to thank NDR for helping work to get in a better financial position. Ritchie was both helpful and unjudgemental. I was very upset and he was very kind. The process was easily accomplished and was explained very well. I'm confident that if I have any questions in the future they will be answered.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Customer service is very friendly and informative. Hopefully, the NDR team can help me resolve my debt and get my credit back to where it used to be. I am looking forward to progressing with them and seeing how the future turns out.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

My experience with Michael ** was amazing. He was so patient with allowing me to get to my paperwork. He was personable and friendly but also very professional. He answered my questions and maintained a good level of respect. Nancy welcomed me with an upbeat and personable attitude. I feel safe with my decision to be with NDR.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Everyone was very helpful and polite. I will be happy to recommend you to other people. Hopefully, I can pay you this off early. This part I do not like. The ladies went above and beyond for me. Have a great day.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Gilbert ** - intake person was awesome. He was very personable and concerned about me and what was best for me. Thanks so very much then the welcome person sorry, she was so enthusiastic and fun to welcome me and share the success in my journey to being debt free and she gave great advice what not to to and to do. She and Gilbert are a great access to the company. Thanks again.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Max and the guy that I talked to for the follow-up call are wonderful, calm, and patient. I hope my experience with this program continues to be as easy as they have made the beginning be. I look forward to being debt free in the future and learn how to not get back into debt again.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I have just signed on and have had a very good experience and positive feeling about taking this major step to improve my future. Kishan ** was a great first introduction to NDR; he gives a very good first impression, knows the product and how it works and does what he can to make the process simple.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Excellence service. Very prompt in responding to emails and phone calls. Highly recommended. Wonderful to work with. Very friendly and polite and were able to answer all our questions. Drew was awesome and very responding to all my questions and was great to work with.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

The representative was able to clearly explain what the program is meant to accomplish, the steps involved. I received all necessary documents in a very short time and was able to start the program. So far the team has been very professional, understanding and willing to help. I will be able to say more in the future, when I have a chance to see how the program works.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Everyone I have spoken to and worked with has been incredibly helpful and courteous. I began this process with Aaron **, who was so wonderful. It can be discouraging asking for financial help, but Aaron was always positive, encouraging and informative. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Danny ** was great! He was patient, professional, and gave me the overall impression from the start that I was in good hands. I have just fell victim to a scam, which left me feeling vulnerable and like no one was going to just "help" me get this debt under control, and then before I know it, I click a link, get a call from Georgetta ** (also great!!) and poof, I am enrolled in a program that I truly believe will help me get debt free! What you guys do is awesome, and with people like Danny, who is clearly passionate about helping others, follows up like he says he will, it's not hard to see why you guys are #1. Thank you! Thank you for coming at the right time, and with the right guy to help me restore my sanity. Thank you!!!

National Debt Relief expert review by Barbara Friedberg

National Debt Relief helps consumers find relief from burdensome debt with their debt settlement services. They offer alternatives to bankruptcy along with educational resources for people who are considering filing for bankruptcy.

• No upfront cost: There are no upfront fees to use National Debt Relief’s services, and you pay only when they succeed in reducing your debt. Fees range from 20-25 percent of the total paid debt.

• Free budget planner worksheets: Start managing your budget by downloading a free budget planner worksheet from National Debt Relief’s website. This tool will help you figure out if you will have a surplus or deficit at the end of the month based on your monthly income and expenses.

• Location-specific resources: Find out about your state's debt laws on National Debt Relief’s website. If National Debt Relief does not operate in your state, you can still learn about ways to manage your debt.

• Quick qualification: Fill out a short form on National Debt Relief’s website to see if you qualify for debt relief. A representative will contact you quickly to help you figure out your next move.

• Customer success record: Over 99.9 percent of National Debt Relief's clients pay off their debts and do not need to return for future help.

• Best for: overspenders and people dealing with consumer debt.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg