Call toll free
4.78/5
Based on 21,800 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

National Debt Relief is one of the largest debt settlement companies in the nation. Our goal is to help client’s re-establish financial stability and peace of mind in the least amount of time possible. We will work hard to provide experience and proven results through education and individual customer care.

We want individuals to achieve freedom from financial debt by receiving debt reduction services and financial consultations so that they will continue to live debt-free. Call today to learn more!

National Debt Relief Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

26490 National Debt Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 14, 2018

I had a great experience with everyone I spoke with. They’re all extremely professional & knowledgeable. They actually do care about their customers and are wanting to assist them in the best way for any specific situation and scenario. Thank you for assisting my family to the path of financial freedom!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 14, 2018

Very helpful and knowledgeable. I never felt like I was being rushed off the line. I felt like they had all day to answer any questions I had and help me get everything in motion. Just began the process so only time will tell how the program is!

Original review: July 14, 2018

I have had excellent service from everyone that has helped me threw the process. They explained everything so that I understood. I was very pleased with the whole experience... I will definitely tell others about my experience. I feel like a thousand pounds have been lifted off my shoulders. I was crying daily wondering what I was going to do. I had already had a year of family issues that I was worried about.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Today I was helped by Franklin ** and he was awesome!! He was thorough and showed his concern to help. Franklin not only explained everything and made sure I understood he kept in contact with me throughout the process. When I was transferred to the Welcome Center the second man, sorry I forgot his name, was just as thorough.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I just got a call yesterday about something that NDR's supposed to be handling but so far, they said they haven’t got in touch with them so I’m trying to get in touch with NDR now to see what was going on with my situation and I’m trying to find out if they were able to do anything about it. But their enrollment process wasn’t that difficult. They explained to me what the situation was and how they could do this and that and get it settled for me in a certain amount of time. I was trying to get this taken care of because I was going through a rough time with all the calling, so I agreed with them. They got rid of the main ones but that one was giving me the most calls so I was trying to get it resolved and I thought it was taken care of. I wanted to get back and talk to them and find out what was going on.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Debt Relief?

Original review: July 13, 2018

Paul was so much help to me and I feel such a relief over my debt. He explained everything to me and I am very happy right now that I won't be stressing so much every month over bills. This is the best company I have dealt with for my debt relief. Everything was explained in detail and I could sign right on my computer so it was very easy to complete.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I am very pleased with the attention received and the way John ** explained and guided me through the program. This is not an easy decision to make but when you find an excellent customer service as I found at National Debt Relief you start feeling confident that you made the right decision because you found a team that will help you get your life back on track. Many Thanks!

Original review: July 13, 2018

Both representatives were very accurate and thorough with all questions and responsive. I expressed concern with the process and they allowed me to feel comfortable and assured me everything will be as smooth as possible. Both representatives were very assuring and allowed me to feel comfortable through the entire process.

Original review: July 13, 2018

National Debt Relief has assured me that my life/debt will get better!! The representatives are very helpful and they made me feel like they are here to help me! I am super excited to work on eliminating my debt. Thank you National Debt Relief!

Original review: July 13, 2018

Very pleased to have the help that was needed in getting control of our debt. Will not know how the program works until we are in it for a while. The people who helped us Kathryn ** was very helpful.

Original review: July 13, 2018

The person I spoke with, Analissa, was very thorough. She took her time to explain in full how the program would work. She answered all of my questions with respect. She let me know she was available for further questions, but she did not contact me excessively.

Original review: July 13, 2018

It was a wonderful experience. Nick and Keith explained the process and timeline of the events easily, and at no time did I feel pressured about asking for help. I would gladly recommend this company and its employees for excellent customer service.

Original review: July 13, 2018

The agent who explained the program and helped me sign in was wonderful. Very knowledgeable, professional and didn't judge me. I have lots of questions and I'll have to send him an email. The lady with the "welcome call" was really nice too, but the legal stuff is hard to explain so fast, but it made sense.

Original review: July 13, 2018

The team that I spoke with were supportive and made me feel like I was important. I can't believe how easy and fast it was to get my debt resolved. I am so grateful for National Debt Relief for their help.

Original review: July 13, 2018

i have never worked with such caring supportive people before. These wonderful people really care about people suffering with debt burden that is overwhelming in some of our lives. Spoke to two very special people that took a lot of time to explain each step to take for me and my husband to become debt free! Thank you.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I recently contacted National Debt Relief to get guidance for my concern with bills accumulated due to a chronic illness. They were very friendly, thorough, helpful and understanding. I’m glad I made the call! Now I’ll be able to breathe a bit easier and save my credit!

Original review: July 13, 2018

They answered all of my questions, were always very respectful, and were very reassuring for anything that I was worried about. They were respectful when it came to calling in sense of not calling every day they did not hear back from me.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Everyone I talked with was so kind and helpful. I was very nervous about doing this but they helped me so much. Answered all my question and explained how all this will work. Thanks to everyone that helped me out.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I found the customer service and willingness and ability to helpfully answer all of my questions helped me to feel like this is a good next step for me in resolving some of my debt challenges. While I am overwhelmed about the short-term and resolution of these debts, I feel optimistic that this is a good program for me thanks to the support provided by the NDR team I worked with.

Original review: July 13, 2018

National Debt Relief has been very helpful so far in working with me to reduce my debt. They have explained the process thoroughly and made me feel comfortable, even when being in debt can be embarrassing. I would not be able to manage this debt without their help. I look forward to the future!

Original review: July 13, 2018

Through phone calls, and emails this service is easy to understand and follow instructions. Steve did a great job with the descriptions of services that you offer, and didn't lose his cool even though I was a bit laggy with getting my deets in order.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Greg and Ed were great! They were very pleasant to talk to and very understanding, which made the phone calls go smoothly. Greg even tried to get me extra months to lower my payments!! He really deserves an award for going above and beyond. Oh and his son and I share the same birthday!! :) That's how personable he was and was greatly appreciated. And Ed deserves one just being Ed... a nice funny guy!!

Original review: July 13, 2018

I was unsure about enrolling into the program. But the customer service representatives were understanding, friendly, and willing to answer all of my questions regarding the program. I'm glad I called. I would recommend National Debt Relief to others in the same situation as me.

Original review: July 13, 2018

It was good, no problems so far. Just started this prosses but customer service was helpful. Trying to get back my life without just working to pay bills. I hope this will be a really good program for me and my family.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Great experience, fantastic people. I am happy to be heading towards financial security. The customer care call center employee walked me through each step of the process and made sure I understood everything. I highly recommend them to anyone who has debt problems like me.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Thank you National Debt Relief for being so kind and patient with me. Everyone was wonderful explaining the process. It took me some time to get the courage to do this and you held my hand through this. I am so relieved.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Shea ** was awesome! He went above and beyond and honest, truthful and most importantly helpful. I can't thank him enough! I would highly recommend anyone to this company and I can't wait to start this journey on being debt free! Thank you!

Original review: July 13, 2018

Catalina was very helpful and explained everything in detailed. I am really happy I took this step to become debt free. I am looking forward to working with everyone. I thought the process would have been difficult but NDR has made the transition very smooth.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Great customer service! Paul and the welcome call committee were very thorough with their information! This will be a great way to relieve the amount of stress that has occurred regarding my debt. I am excited to be able to be debt free one day. Thank you!

Original review: July 13, 2018

Off to a great start! I should note I’m just starting the process with NDR. However, the process has been so easy and the staff has made me feel so confident and comfortable in the program. Very excited to start this journey with them!

National Debt Relief expert review by Barbara Friedberg

National Debt Relief helps consumers find relief from burdensome debt with their debt settlement services. They offer alternatives to bankruptcy along with educational resources for people who are considering filing for bankruptcy.

• No upfront cost: There are no upfront fees to use National Debt Relief’s services, and you pay only when they succeed in reducing your debt. Fees range from 20-25 percent of the total paid debt.

• Free budget planner worksheets: Start managing your budget by downloading a free budget planner worksheet from National Debt Relief’s website. This tool will help you figure out if you will have a surplus or deficit at the end of the month based on your monthly income and expenses.

• Location-specific resources: Find out about your state's debt laws on National Debt Relief’s website. If National Debt Relief does not operate in your state, you can still learn about ways to manage your debt.

• Quick qualification: Fill out a short form on National Debt Relief’s website to see if you qualify for debt relief. A representative will contact you quickly to help you figure out your next move.

• Customer success record: Over 99.9 percent of National Debt Relief's clients pay off their debts and do not need to return for future help.

• Best for: overspenders and people dealing with consumer debt.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg