Call toll free
4.83/5
Based on 14,261 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

National Debt Relief is one of the largest debt settlement companies in the nation. Our goal is to help client’s re-establish financial stability and peace of mind in the least amount of time possible. We will work hard to provide experience and proven results through education and individual customer care.

We want individuals to achieve freedom from financial debt by receiving debt reduction services and financial consultations so that they will continue to live debt-free. Call today to learn more!

National Debt Relief Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

31508 National Debt Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Both James and the other customer service representative I spoke with were very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. They answered all of my questions and went into full detail, explaining everything to me. I am looking forward to working with everyone and really appreciate this service already!

Get expert buying tips about Debt Consolidation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I was satisfied with the responses given by the agent since this is my first time doing this. I am looking forward working with everyone and the process will be very successful without having any problems and I can be debt free.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

New to National Debt Relief. Both Kelly and Toya were very knowledgeable and helpful. Thank you for accepting me as a client. I look forward to being debt free or in manageable range once this contract ends in 36 months.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Joseph was very helpful. The representative (Brielle or Brittany) that I receive for the Welcoming center wasn't not knowledgeable with the questions I was asking. So she transfer me to Ms.**. Ms. ** was very knowledgeable and a better representative of your company.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

My caller was incredibly friendly and helped me get through the process quickly and painlessly. The fact that there is an online portal really puts my mind at ease. I’ve used debt settlement in the past and the level of professionalism just wasn’t here before National Debt Relief.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Debt Relief?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Christal was very helpful and informative. I contacted Christal several times by email and she promptly responded by email and by phone. Christal was very patient and answered all of my questions. I was very nervous about my decision and she put my mind at ease.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

The staff were extremely helpful in getting things set up quickly and efficiently. Process was smooth. Would definitely work with again in the future. Everything was explained in detail. Great customer service! Thank you! Out of all the companies out there that provide this service, these guys are the best!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Staff were very kind and easy to talk to. I was very nervous about calling but the experience was very positive. All of my questions were answered and the program was explained in depth. I wish I had called sooner. I am looking forward to being debt free.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I really liked the way they explain all the details of what National Debt Relief is and how it works. The customer service it’s great, I felt like if I was talking to a friend about my problems. From a scale 1-10 totally a 10. Thank you, NDR.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I have been highly satisfied with everyone I have spoken thus far. They have treated me with respect and answered all of my questions. I will definitely recommend this company to friends who are having the same financial issues with unsecured credit.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I'm so excited about this program and am grateful for the opportunity to get rid of my debt and repair my credit! The two people that I have spoken with so far have been very helpful in explaining the process. While being in a financial hardship this program allows me to breathe a little easier.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Everyone was so helpful. From the very start each and every person I talked with was very knowledgeable and friendly. I would recommend National Debt to anyone in need of help. I look forward to being debt free so I can sleep at night and not worry.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

The service provided was quick, attentive and customer friendly. Very satisfied. Everything was done according the time frame, which was promised by representative. Very convenient online service to sign the contract. Helpful service during the period of financial instability. Definitely would recommend it to the friends.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Everybody during the sign-up process was professional, and very helpful, from my initial call inquiring how the program worked to my welcome call. They helped me make informed decisions and also help decrease my embarrassment. They explained everything so I could understand and took the time to answer all my questions.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I spoke with Pam and Monica. Both were pleasant, knowledgeable and extremely helpful. They went over every detail and made sure that I understood the entire process. I am looking forward to being totally credit card debt free in a reasonably short time compared to making minimum payments for years on end.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Everyone we've spoken with has been courteous and very helpful. We can now sleep at night! They have answered all our questions, and have been on top of things from the beginning. I cannot begin to tell you what a relief it was to find someone understanding and helpful.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Very knowledgeable and offered assistance as needed. Was able to describe in detail how each stage would proceed. Much appreciated. So far, my experience with your associates has been pleasurable. As I move forward in the process, I am expecting the same outcome as we move forward through completion.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

They made sure I understood everything they were discuss with me before continuing and also making sure I was full aware of all decisions that was being made to help to relieve some of the stress that debt causes. They also made me feel comfortable with my decision in choosing this company to represent me during this difficult time.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Very knowledgeable and helpful. I would recommend your program to others, My husband and I have struggled for many years trying to get out of debt, but have not been able to achieve this goal. Hopefully, with your program we can accomplish this goal in 42 months. Thank you for your help and advice.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I was so relieved after I spoke to a counselor and went through the process. They were very helpful and took their time explaining the whole process.They provided me with helpful tools and at the end of my program there will be free credit counseling which I totally will be doing. Looking forward to the day when I can be debt free.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Everyone I dealt with was knowledgeable and professional and laid out the plan very clearly step by step. In dealing with different reps of other companies many are not in the US and cannot speak English clearly enough to understand, not the case with NDR.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Customer service people are very helpful and understanding to my situation. They were very thorough in explaining what to do in the process of my Debt consolidation. I now understand how to go through the steps of becoming Debt free. Great resources and advice over the phone.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Speaking with Chuck and Wayne was a very informative and pleasant experience. Both gentlemen explained everything in detail and made you feel at ease. These men had a very welcoming spirit about themselves. I would definitely recommend a friend or family to this company if ever needed.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

When I found myself buried in credit card debt, they were a vital resource in getting me out of a bad situation. Thanks to them, I could consolidate my debt and work with my creditors on a payment plan that would allow me to still pay what I owed but in a way that I could end up finally free. Their staff was friendly and helpful, and helped me there through the entire process to make it quick and painless. I would happily recommend them to anyone looking to get back on track with their finances!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I was very satisfied with the way I was treated. Things moved along very fast. Customer Service was also very helpful. I would definitely recommend this service to a friend. Thank you all again for the help and great service. I will have everything I need to help get me back to being debt free. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Excellent customer service, very professional and sensitive to my situation without judgment, helps to follow through with this process. I would definitely recommend this agency to family and friends if it's ever needed. All this is greatly appreciated. And make this process so much easier and stress free.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Both my initial (1/11/19) and the welcome call were professional and friendly at the same time. They made me feel like I mattered and wasn't just a number in the program. Kenyetta was very patient with my lack of computer skills. She went over and over with the program to make certain I understood it. Ester (the welcome caller) also spent extra time answering any questions that I had as we went over the program.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I appreciate how each person I have corresponded with was very thorough. Their presentation, explanation, and readiness to answer any all questions and concerns I have about this program! I want to know what I'm getting into, and be confident that I'm well informed about it.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

We had excellent customer service from the representative Shomari **. He was professional and stayed with my mother and I until the whole process was completed. Plus the lady who helped us register with the attorneys at law. Well done and my family and I appreciate everything that they did.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

The representatives were very thorough and helpful! Made me feel as though I made the right decision to consolidate my debt with National Debt Relief. They spoke a bit fast but other than that the customer service was very much appreciated.

National Debt Relief expert review by Barbara Friedberg

National Debt Relief helps consumers find relief from burdensome debt with their debt settlement services. They offer alternatives to bankruptcy along with educational resources for people who are considering filing for bankruptcy.

• No upfront cost: There are no upfront fees to use National Debt Relief’s services, and you pay only when they succeed in reducing your debt. Fees range from 20-25 percent of the total paid debt.

• Free budget planner worksheets: Start managing your budget by downloading a free budget planner worksheet from National Debt Relief’s website. This tool will help you figure out if you will have a surplus or deficit at the end of the month based on your monthly income and expenses.

• Location-specific resources: Find out about your state's debt laws on National Debt Relief’s website. If National Debt Relief does not operate in your state, you can still learn about ways to manage your debt.

• Quick qualification: Fill out a short form on National Debt Relief’s website to see if you qualify for debt relief. A representative will contact you quickly to help you figure out your next move.

• Customer success record: Over 99.9 percent of National Debt Relief's clients pay off their debts and do not need to return for future help.

• Best for: overspenders and people dealing with consumer debt.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg