National Debt Relief Learn More
Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.87/5
Based on 10,113 ratings submitted in the last year

National Debt Relief is one of the largest debt settlement companies in the nation. Our goal is to help clients re-establish financial stability and peace of mind in the least amount of time possible. We will work hard to provide experience and proven results through education and individual customer care.

We want individuals to achieve freedom from financial debt by receiving debt reduction services and financial consultations so that they will continue to live debt-free. Call today to learn more!

National Debt Relief Video
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

National Debt Relief works best for those with a minimum debt of $10,000. Although you will need to pay a portion based on the debt settled, National Debt Relief can help consumers escape the cycle of debt and become financially independent.

PROS

• No-charge initial consultation
  • Free debt relief quote
  • Numerous accreditations

CONS

• Will need to pay percentage of debt settled

Top National Debt Relief Reviews

They were very helpful. I feel better about my future. Can't wait to be debt free. I have a program I can keep. Without this help I could not get out of debt and I was scared. They made a payment plan I could afford.

All members of the staff that assisted me with getting the process started and finalizing enrollment were very helpful and knowledgeable … Thank you National Debt Relief for helping me with these tough and nerve-wracking times.

National Debt Relief Learn More

What is National Debt Relief?

National Debt Relief is one of the largest debt settlement companies in the United States. National Debt Relief provides consumers freedom from financial debt by offering debt reduction services, as well as financial consultations. They have successfully negotiated settlements for thousands of collection amounts. Most cases settle within 24-48 months.

National Debt Relief is a BBB Accredited Business. They also have IAPDA (International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators) accreditations for all of their Debt Arbitrators and an AFCC (American Fair Credit Council) membership. Located in New York, National Debt Relief offers nationwide service.

How does National Debt Relief work?

To qualify for National Debt relief, you must:

• Be able to make a monthly payment into a settlement fund
  • Owe more than $10,000
  • Be several months behind on payments
  • Going through a financial crisis with no quick end in sight (such as recent job loss, reduction in hours, separation or divorce, death of a spouse, unexpected hospital or medical bills, student loans, IRS takes, etc.)

National Debt Relief works with your creditors to try and agree on a settlement for your debts with lower payments. Although successful with numerous debt settlements, each situation of debt is unique. Therefore, National Debt Relief is unable to guarantee identical or similar results for every client. Also, they cannot guarantee creditors will agree to a settlement.

You can call National Debt Relief today for a free consultation or click “Visit Website.”

National Debt Relief services

National Debt Relief provides a variety of debt and financial services, including:

• Debt settlement assistance
    This remains one of the best options to get rid of debt. While debt settlement assistance works for some people, getting a debt settlement workable and approved can be a complicated process. Having negotiated settlements for thousands of creditors and collection accounts, National Debt Relief has established themselves as experts in the field.
  • Free budget planner worksheets
    To get on top of debt, you must have a handle on all of your income and expenses. National Debt Relief makes this step a lot easier by providing a free budget planner worksheet. You can easily download this worksheet and plug in all avenues of income as well as areas of expense.
  • Free debt calculator
    One of the best ways to overcome debt is to develop a plan of action. Utilizing a debt calculator will help you do exactly that.
  • Consultations (including a free initial consultation)
    The experts at National Debt Relief understand finances, debt and accounting. Get counseling and guidance, help with your budget plan, and settle your debts with personal, invested National Debt Relief consultations.

National Debt Relief FAQ

How much does National Debt Relief cost?
You can expect National Debt Relief to charge 15-25% of your enrolled debt. National Debt Relief does not have any upfront fees or cost to sign up. Additionally, initial debt consultations are free. Any National Debt Relief fees that will be billed is entirely performance-based. You don’t pay until you get your debt settled, and payments depend on how substantial a settlement you are awarded.
How does National Debt Relief affect your credit?
If you decide to enter a debt settlement program, your credit score may be adversely affected. However, it is often a better option than filing for bankruptcy.

Does National Debt Relief work?

We recommend National Debt Relief given their impressive collection of proven success and many top accreditations. They also have a nearly 5-star rating on ConsumerAffairs with over 36,000 reviews recorded. National Debt Relief also offers a good supply of free services and valuable information on their website to help clients understand debt settlement. Enrolling in a National Debt Relief program offers consumers a chance at escaping debt, and for that reason we recommend them.

National Debt Relief Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

An acquaintance of ours had used National Debt Relief and told us that the program was going well after about a year. They talked about how well they communicated and got some really good settlements for them. I had quite a bit of credit card debts and unsecured loan debt over the last two years from some family issues with supporting several family members and elderly care of parents. And when I called National Debt Relief, I was feeling very overwhelmed. But they were very organized, and they seem to know exactly what was going on, which gave me a lot of confidence on the program. When we were done with the phone call, and I talked to my wife, we decided that that was probably the way to go because we wanna pay some of our debts back.

We were simply asking for some help. National Debt Relief seemed to be the best alternative because morally, we were having an issue with just saying, "We're gonna declare bankruptcy and write it all off." Their program was attractive to us even though they're getting a discounted rate. We felt like we're still being responsible for the debt we incurred. We're just saving some interest.

So far, they settled about four of our debts, and I've had nothing but good things to say. They've called me as soon as they got the offer. They advised me that they thought it was a good offer. They said it was up to me if I wanna choose it, but they gave me the pros and cons. And I felt like they let me make an educated decision. I didn't feel like they were forcing me into something to help them. They were really trying to help me. So, we have 4 resolved, and 12 outstanding. That's 25% through in less than a year. So, I'm very happy with that.

After I did the initial assessment and put everything in and they gave me my payment, about a week later, I was driving along, and I remembered that I had another outstanding debt that I did not tell them about. I remembered because the payment came out of my account. So, I was really in a panic because it wasn't a small amount, but it wasn't a huge amount. And I called, and they were very reassuring and said, "You know what, that's no big deal. There's plenty of budget room within your payment and in your settlement that we should have no problem with that." I didn't have the account number because it was an older account. All I did was told them who it was and they had that resolved in a matter of like 10 minutes. They had it added to my list and my payment didn't change. So, I was very happy about the way they handled it. I would call it an add-on debt.

We're not completely done, but I'm definitely very happy with them. I did already recommend someone to try it out because they were also struggling morally with just dumping their responsibilities. What I found with National Debt Relief is they made me feel better because the counselors said, "Look, you've already paid them what you owe them, now you're paying all these interests. And what we're gonna do is settle for what you really used," and I really like that. It made me feel better about myself. I like the way they handled it. They didn't make me feel like I was some loser because I was in this situation. They made me feel I was very reassured that they would handle it.

They were very honest because I thought there's gotta be a trick to this. Somebody is making money, somebody is paying things. I was surprised on how open they were about, "This is what the deposits are. These are the fees. This is how much we make." Even after that first call, I didn't feel like they were hiding anything at all. It was very transparent. They tell you how they make money, and they tell you how they're gonna help you. And so far, I've made seven months. In that seven months, they've been exactly as they promised.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

My experience with National Debt Relief was 80% positive. They’ve been great. There were a couple of things I wasn’t aware of that caused a bit of a problem. We settled on a monthly amount. They said that that would work throughout my course of them paying off my bills. Then a couple of months later, they got a call and they said they settled with another company, and that they needed more a month. I had told them that the amount I had agreed to was making it difficult for me, but I would do it as long as I didn’t get any surprises. So, that was a surprise but it was a little under $100 so I agreed to it. Then a couple of months later, they said, “We’ve settled another debt and we need X amount more.” And I said, “I can’t pay you more.” They said, “We can’t work with this company. We’ll have to wait to work with them until you can afford to give us that mount of money.”

But then they called again and said that there was a third one and if I could I give them a bit more. I did agree to that. So now, I make three payments to them and not the original payment. That is something I wish would’ve been a bit more clear. I had 10 debts and right now, I’m paying on 5 and they’re negotiating with the next 5. However, they were negotiating with them before I had funds available to give them, and that has caused a hardship, but I’m doing it. If they’re gonna agree to take $300 a month, they need to work with those that fit in to that $300. So, I didn’t understand that. I also don’t know what’s gonna happen to my credit after this whole thing’s over, which I’m sure it’s gonna be bad. But considering the alternative, I wasn’t able to make my payments. So, that part was good.

Their program was straightforward and the negotiator was very accommodating. I just got a little lazy on my end because I was so stressed out by this whole thing. I should have read more and probably looked a bit more up online, but the bottom line is I needed to do something. This was the best resolution and they explained things very well to me. They were very nice people. They seem sympathetic, but I realized they were also salespeople in a sense because they wanted you to sign up with their program, not someone else’s. But they made me feel very comfortable about it. I did have several questions and they answered them matter-of-factly so that I understood what was going to happen. They were very friendly and I didn’t feel like I was doing something bad because they have a business to sell.

Now, I had a couple of emergencies with my dogs and I had to beg, borrow, and steal with my vet to make payments to him. I had a CareCredit card as one of the cards that I had that NDR now control over. I cannot use any charge accounts at all or apply for any, or at least that was the impression I got. I was afraid I was gonna have to put one of my dogs down because I wasn’t able to pay for it, but I did work things out with my vet.

Also, it gets over 100 degrees during the summer here on a daily basis. I’m a senior citizen and my air conditioner broke about one month into summer. And then we have very hot weather for several months. I did without an air conditioner this summer because I didn’t have the money to pay to have that done. I still don’t have an air conditioner and I don’t know of next summer, but it was miserable. I understand this is only for three years, but I figure I can do anything for three years. At any rate, suffered some from that, I got sick and I pay for a bit less groceries each month too, but I did it. And I’m learning how to become debt-free and not live on cards.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I had just moved out to Virginia on military orders. And I had a lot of debt that was piled up, and I was getting sunk under. I wasn't really gaining a foothold on my actual debt amount with the payments I was making. So, I wasn't really getting anywhere. I was just like give and take. And then, I heard about National Debt Relief through the radio. I gave them a call and talked to a lady for 45 minutes on the phone. She was very informative and explained to me the whole process and how it works. I decided to do it because I knew that I wouldn't have a chance to use my credit cards anymore because the program closes all your accounts. So, when you do this, it helps. And then, it consolidates it into one payment. So, I'm not trying to pay four different payments each month. It's one main payment or split in two if I want to. So, it's made it easier to manage.

The information that National Debt Relief put out there was very clear and concise. I truly understood what was gonna be going on and what was gonna be happening with my debt and how it works. It made an easier decision for me to choose them compared to some of the other ones I have looked into. With NDR, I got a very quick response from the request I put in about more information.

The enrollment process was very simple. It was just providing a lot of the information and giving them clearance to look up the debt that I have. It's so easy to sign up and understand what was going on and how they broke everything down for me. The program is easy to use and I like the flexibility. Right now, as far as my debt being cleared of my name, up to 80% of my debt has been cleared. I'm in the process of just finishing some stuff up and making some last payments. I still owe NDR money, but as far as creditor-wise and my name, those big loans in the credit cards that I had out there don't exist anymore.

My negotiator has been really good as far as breaking a lot of my deals down. I'm still waiting on two to be confirmed, but it took a little bit longer of a process because that credit card company wanted an actual hard copy with my signature on the thing that I agreed that NDR would handle my debt that I owed to. My negotiator stayed on top of everything and always kept me informed. It was tough at first because apparently, my number wasn't saved on file, and I wasn't receiving the emails. But it took me to call in, which I wasn't mad about. It was a simple misunderstanding. She said that she was really glad I called because we stayed on the phone for 25 minutes taking care of everything and updating everything to make sure that all the stuff went through and got cleared out and got taken care of.

I recently came into more hardships as far as needing car repairs, and then my wife hasn't been working that much. And NDR is very flexible with me, either pushing payments or consolidating payments on one day compared to having them split up, that way I can have a little bit extra money that I need in the beginning of the month and then pay it off in the end of the month. I've told a few people about this program and how it's worked for me and helped me with clearing my debt little by little. Working with National Debt Relief allows me to get back on track with some other bills.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I had multiple credit cards that I wanted to pay off and I wasn’t able to keep up with the payments as they were, and they were compounding. I saw National Debt Relief's accreditation and the reputation, so I got their debt consolidation program. I told them what I wanted, they gave me a call, I listed everything that I had, and they sent me an email, I put everything in there, and everything was done through DocuSign. Then one document was shipped to me that I had to physically sign, and I sent it back, and then they took care of everything.

They set up an account for me, and then, every month I send a specific amount of money. I can go above that if I want to pay off faster. I've changed all of my addresses to National Debt Relief’s address, and then they handle everything from there. Any correspondence I have from creditors, I have to let National Debt Relief know, and then they contact them and deal with them. I'm not the middleman but I'm basically taken out of the picture there.

National Debt Relief works on my behalf to reduce the amount that I owe by negotiating with the credit card companies, and trying to get it to a cheaper deal. All of the accounts that I had except for one have been accepted, and I'm paying those off. One of them was already reduced by quite a bit and the credit card company accepted that they will work with National Debt Relief on that. They asked me what I was able to afford, and then they also told me what I pretty have to make work. And if I couldn’t, then they would work with me in some other way. But they tried to get it as low as they could without obviously messing things up for me in the future, and we came to a pretty good agreement, and it was lower than what I was paying for two of my credit cards, and I had multiple. So, that was definitely good.

I signed the paperwork that said what I would agree to and talked with National Debt Relief on the phone, and then they said they would handle it. If I have any questions or if I have any creditors getting ahold of me, I could call them. So National Debt Relief writes a note in the system, and then they handle whatever correspondence that needs to happen from there. Then they let me know the results as soon as one of the creditors comes to a decision with what they're willing to negotiate or agree upon. National Debt Relief calls me and lets me know what they’ve agreed to settle on, and then I say yes or no.

So far, things are being handled and I don’t have to handle it, and I'm not getting calls from the creditors every five minutes, which is amazing. Any questions that I had, either were answered right then and there or they sent an email to answer. I feel very comfortable working with my negotiator. I haven't had any crazy questions that he couldn’t answer. So, everything has been good there.

I have one payment now instead of multiple. It's already set up automatically, so I don’t have to do anything about it. I can look into the bank account and see how much is there, how much I've deposited every month goes in there, and then what's being withdrawn for those creditors that have agreed to a contract of what is gonna be paid to them. Also, I can see how far into paying them off I am. So, it's easy because I just look at one place rather than looking at each individual creditor.

Original review: April 28, 2019

Our circumstances led me to think that we are in a situation where currently, with the creditors that we have, it's not working in terms of cash flow. We wanna honor the debt that we owe and do it in a way that makes life not miserable at home. I know from experience and talking to people that sometimes, debt consolidation doesn’t pan out well. I went online and did a couple of searches. I compared places and what constantly came up was National Debt Relief. One was from Better Business Bureau and some other places too where they were recognized. Everywhere I went, it was a ringing endorsement. I would look and scroll to the comments from the people that used them and it was enough information for me to inquire and find out more from the representatives.

I made the call to NDR and I was sure they would do everything that I would expect before they would hand off finances to a third party. It meant going over the debt that I had, and I had to have a certain amount of around $10,000. They had to verify it and I had to give them pertinent information about my work, location, and application process. Then, they needed to make sure that they had my permission to communicate with some of the outstanding debt that I had to the representative of those vendors.

I enjoyed the fact that they opened up a portal for me so I could see what had been transpiring real-time, what has happened, who they spoke to, what was going on, and what is continually going on in updates. The amount for me was 330, which was much better than what I was going to be paying with some of the ridiculous hard cash debt. It was a blockbuster move on our part. Sometimes, when you are desperate, you gotta side to reason and you scramble, and NDR was able to negotiate certain things. It is one of the best experiences I had and I continue to have it.

NDR contacted me recently and they asked how it has been, if there was anything they could do, how things were in terms of my expense with them and if that was working for me. They updated me with the timeline on paying off a certain amount of debts and how they have done it and negotiated it, and that I would just continue making the payment towards them. I was thrilled about that and so far, I have no complaints. My credit score has gone up which is something that I'm excited to hear about because it was in the tank. They told me everything would take a year and I have eight months to go.

Everybody that I have spoken to has been kind. They are good at reassessing where you are at. I got an email saying that it appears that my expenses are more than my income. I wondered how they knew that, but they did. They also asked me what I was doing to kinda offset this temporary problem in light of the fact that things have been set up already. It was really good. There was also one month where we couldn't pay them and they said that it was okay and that they would put it on pause. They factored in some things that they didn’t seem to hurt me. It might have extended the contract a little more month, but it wasn’t extra interest that I noticed right up front. When we had a bit more cushion, we were able to get back on track.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Debt Relief?

Original review: April 4, 2020

Nathaniel ** was very clear and explained everything in a manner that I could understand. He was precise when answering my questions and patient with my concerns. Thank you for your assistance to becoming debt free. I look forward to becoming debt free in the very near future. Thanks again! Jeff and Kalei **, Roseville, MN

Original review: April 4, 2020

I had such a great experience talking & working with both Chanel & Evelyn. I felt comfortable with Chanel immediately. It seemed like we had a lot in common, which made it easy to talk to her. I loved to hear that she actually participated in the program herself & actually quit her job to start working for NDR because she was so passionate about the work they do. It really spoke volumes about the company, and it made me less nervous/more comfortable about signing up to participate in the program myself. Chanel genuinely seemed to understand my situation & she did a great job explaining the details of the program to me. Later that day, I received my welcome call from Evelyn, & she was such a pleasure to talk to as well & was happy to answer any questions I had. For such a nerve-racking decision, Chanel made me feel as good & comfortable as possible about signing up.

Original review: April 4, 2020

My experience was superb. Both agents who helped me were helpful, reassuring, and made sure I understood everything clearly. I was nervous that my credit score would decrease. My first agent went through each page of the document I had to sign slowly to make sure I read every part of the agreement.

Original review: April 4, 2020

Both of the people I spoke to were very knowledgeable and thorough when answering each question I had. They both provided me with a comfortable and easy experience without judgment. I am so grateful for their help during this difficult time.

Original review: April 4, 2020

A wonderful experience to be able to get out of debt with the help of NATIONAL DEBT RELIEF, I was very desperate that I could not pay the account. I highly recommend them. Thank for your attentions and help. I appreciate them.

National Debt Relief Company Information