2. Finance
Accredited Partner

Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.88/5
Based on 6,692 ratings submitted in the last year

National Debt Relief is one of the largest debt settlement companies in the nation. Our goal is to help clients re-establish financial stability and peace of mind in the least amount of time possible. We will work hard to provide experience and proven results through education and individual customer care.

We want individuals to achieve freedom from financial debt by receiving debt reduction services and financial consultations so that they will continue to live debt-free. Call today to learn more!

National Debt Relief Video

BOTTOM LINE

National Debt Relief works best for those with a minimum debt of $10,000. Although you will need to pay a portion based on the debt settled, National Debt Relief can help consumers escape the cycle of debt and become financially independent.

PROS

• No-charge initial consultation
  • Free debt relief quote
  • Numerous accreditations

CONS

• Will need to pay percentage of debt settled

Top National Debt Relief Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Debt Relief?

They were very helpful. I feel better about my future. Can't wait to be debt free. I have a program I can keep. Without this help I could not get out of debt and I was scared. They made a payment plan I could afford.

All members of the staff that assisted me with getting the process started and finalizing enrollment were very helpful and knowledgeable … Thank you National Debt Relief for helping me with these tough and nerve-wracking times.

National Debt Relief Get Started

What is National Debt Relief?

National Debt Relief is one of the largest debt settlement companies in the United States. National Debt Relief provides consumers freedom from financial debt by offering debt reduction services, as well as financial consultations. They have successfully negotiated settlements for thousands of collection amounts. Most cases settle within 24-48 months.

National Debt Relief is a BBB Accredited Business. They also have IAPDA (International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators) accreditations for all of their Debt Arbitrators and an AFCC (American Fair Credit Council) membership. Located in New York, National Debt Relief offers nationwide service.

How does National Debt Relief work?

To qualify for National Debt relief, you must:

• Be able to make a monthly payment into a settlement fund
  • Owe more than $10,000
  • Be several months behind on payments
  • Going through a financial crisis with no quick end in sight (such as recent job loss, reduction in hours, separation or divorce, death of a spouse, unexpected hospital or medical bills, student loans, IRS takes, etc.)

National Debt Relief works with your creditors to try and agree on a settlement for your debts with lower payments. Although successful with numerous debt settlements, each situation of debt is unique. Therefore, National Debt Relief is unable to guarantee identical or similar results for every client. Also, they cannot guarantee creditors will agree to a settlement.

You can call National Debt Relief today for a free consultation or click “Visit Website.”

National Debt Relief services

National Debt Relief provides a variety of debt and financial services, including:

• Debt settlement assistance
    This remains one of the best options to get rid of debt. While debt settlement assistance works for some people, getting a debt settlement workable and approved can be a complicated process. Having negotiated settlements for thousands of creditors and collection accounts, National Debt Relief has established themselves as experts in the field.
  • Free budget planner worksheets
    To get on top of debt, you must have a handle on all of your income and expenses. National Debt Relief makes this step a lot easier by providing a free budget planner worksheet. You can easily download this worksheet and plug in all avenues of income as well as areas of expense.
  • Free debt calculator
    One of the best ways to overcome debt is to develop a plan of action. Utilizing a debt calculator will help you do exactly that.
  • Consultations (including a free initial consultation)
    The experts at National Debt Relief understand finances, debt and accounting. Get counseling and guidance, help with your budget plan, and settle your debts with personal, invested National Debt Relief consultations.

National Debt Relief FAQ

How much does National Debt Relief cost?
You can expect National Debt Relief to charge 15-25% of your enrolled debt. National Debt Relief does not have any upfront fees or cost to sign up. Additionally, initial debt consultations are free. Any National Debt Relief fees that will be billed is entirely performance-based. You don’t pay until you get your debt settled, and payments depend on how substantial a settlement you are awarded.
How does National Debt Relief affect your credit?
If you decide to enter a debt settlement program, your credit score may be adversely affected. However, it is often a better option than filing for bankruptcy.

Does National Debt Relief work?

We recommend National Debt Relief given their impressive collection of proven success and many top accreditations. They also have a nearly 5-star rating on ConsumerAffairs with over 36,000 reviews recorded. National Debt Relief also offers a good supply of free services and valuable information on their website to help clients understand debt settlement. Enrolling in a National Debt Relief program offers consumers a chance at escaping debt, and for that reason we recommend them.

National Debt Relief Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Debt Relief?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

When I called NDR I was very nervous. I spoke with Roy ** and he quickly put my mind at ease. He began explaining the program and my stress eased with each word. I joined the program with hope for future. Finally.

Get buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

Steven was a huge help!! Very helpful and answered all my questions. Can't wait to get debt free. I highly recommend NDR. My stress level has for sure gone away. Thank you so much Steven W. for all your help.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

My Financial Specialist was outstanding in helping me navigate through the process and made sure I understood it. I never thought I would require debt consulting services and am thankful that the person who assisted me was extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

When I came to National Debt Relief I had so many questions. I can confidently say that Roy answered every single one of my question with great information and was a pleasure. Made me feel comfortable throughout this process that has been so stressful.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

Both Jeffrey and Kim were wonderful in helping me with my situation. If it’s not for them, I don’t know where my life would be. Both Jeffrey and Kim explained their program very clearly. I would recommend others who are having financial hardship.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

I got too many credit card bills. I've been using my credit card to pay for everything during this pandemic. I've been hearing a lot of National Debt Relief on a particular radio station I listen to. I went with them because if they can afford to put out a 30-second spiel, they're somebody probably worthwhile. I explained what I needed to do with their rep. They told me what they were gonna do. They told me I was consolidating and trying to put as many of my bills that they could pay off. There are some bills like taxes and things like that they couldn't pay for, which I know from other people that used debt relief services.

They were gonna get a copy of me and my wife's bills. We put all our bills together. The rep said they were gonna go out and get a credit report. They're gonna look at all your creditors, and then they're gonna tell you which ones they can help you with. They say what creditors they deal with. If there was anybody they couldn't pay the bill, it was something I had to handle. They kinda gave me the rundown. They said pretty much all my creditors they could deal with. The ones that they couldn't, they said they’ll even pay the bill. I had a truck that was repossessed because I couldn't afford to pay it anymore. They turned around and told me that we could pay that bill off. It's just that they weren't gonna negotiate. They just want their payment but the credit card people are the ones they could negotiate with. I didn't mind. As long as they're willing to pay the bill, that was fine with me. We went forward from there.

My credit score was down like in the 500s. But both me and my wife are over 600 now, so we're doing pretty good with them. A couple of our creditors were selling off our our account. We would get a letter saying, “Oh, your account's been sold to ABC Recovery." I put that letter in an envelope, and I mail it to National Debt. They take care of it. I don't talk to anybody that calls. If I do, I tell them, "You gotta call National Debt. They're the ones handling the negotiations now. It's in their hands." The only thing is I don't get any phone calls from them for updates. They usually send me emails. But I rather have an email than a phone call. They don't seem to hound you. If anybody ever asked me who to use, I'll say, “Use these guys. They are fantastic.”

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

I was in the middle of searching for help, and in the process of looking through different things I was finding on the internet, I got a phone call from someone who said that they were with a debt and credit resolution company. I took him up on his offer. He sent me a contract, I signed it and I sent it back. I started paying him for services. And it was a scam. I started doing background checks here and comparing phone numbers with names I was given and people I had talked to, and things weren't seeming normal. And I paid them a lot of money.

The guy that I spoke to most frequently is in Florida, and I discovered he had a very long criminal record. Glad I'm in Virginia. But I thought, "I want my money back. How can I do this?" I can't blow off at them. We're not going to get anything. I gotta figure out a way to handle him nicely so that he will pay me. I told him I wanted out of the contract. I said it just wasn't working for me. He was upset. I just told him there was something that didn't seem right about it. I left a fax. He didn't respond for a while and I got in touch with the local police department down there. I made copies of everything I had and I wrote them in a letter and sent a file. He wanted money wired to him and I didn't yet know how a real debt resolution company handled that part, so I know that sounds stupid and I did it. But I have all the receipts.

I got lucky. A detective called me back. I said, "I've gone back as far as I could." I did close out three cards through him. I settled on my own. But going back through previous statements, I noticed charges on there for personal things in the area where he lives. I mentioned that to this detective and he said, "Okay. I'll call you back." He called him into the station and the guy broke down crying. He said, "I don't want to go back to prison." He was giving him a choice. It just made me feel so old. He said to the guy, "If this was your mother, would you want this to happen to her?" He immediately paid back what he charged. The detective told me, "If he doesn't continue making payments to you on a regular basis, call me and I'll go back out to his house." That worked for a little bit and then it stopped.

I had a lot of health issues come up lately that I've had to pay for. So I thought, "God, I wish I had that. He still owes me $2,000. I wish I had it. What can I do?” So I called the detective back in it. It's his cell phone through the police department. It would dial the number and that just sort of disconnect. I thought, "Oh, God, I've ruined things with him. He's not answering his phone now." I finally emailed them by yesterday through the police department and told them, "This is the name of the detective I was working with. Here's all the information I have on this person, where he lives and ladidadida. He still owes me $2,000, what can I do?" I wanted advice on how I can manage this.

It turns out that detective retired in December, and I didn't know it. I did get a call back from the state attorney's office a while ago, and they gave me the number for that station again and said to call and see if I could get them to get hold of that file and see if there was someone there that could help me. After that, I thought I still need help. I could see how negotiations went by that time because the guy that they were using to negotiate was horrible. He was so rude. It was a three-way call, and I would hear it. Then sometimes they cut that guy out of the conversation, and I wouldn't know it, and then there I am battling for myself. It was awful. But the bottom line was I needed to get out of debt. I shouldn't be retired. I'm not married anymore. I've got a house, a car, and I've got bill. I shouldn't be in this situation at this stage in my life. I want out of it.

I found National Debt. I called and I spoke to somebody for a long time. I told him part of that story. I just told him what kind of bills I have. So far, it's worked well. I'm a cancer survivor and that causes lots of things in the years beyond surviving and other things go haywire will happen sooner. So I got cataracts. Last year, I didn't have them. This year, they're there to the point where they need to be removed. The surprise was if you wanted lenses that allowed you to see at a distance and close up, you had to pay $3,000 per eye.

So, I called National and I had no idea that they would go along with this. But I said, "I'm sort of frantic. I can't afford those lenses but there is a certain process, method that they use to take the cataract out that cost money and I don't have it, as long as this $867 comes out of my account for National Debt." They said, “Oh, they get calls like that all the time. How much money do you need?" I said, "I had to make a couple phone calls to get an exact amount." I was able to get both eyes done. They were separated by months because of COVID. It should be one week and the other one was two weeks later. Now, I'm back in the hole with other issues with bone in my jaw from the drugs that causes bone loss that I took after chemotherapy.

I'm in the middle of that now and the last time I spoke with somebody at National, I did realize that when I asked them to stop for a few months so I could get my eyes done, I realize that that meant that the negotiation side that had already taken place with Chase was then over. I said, “No, I didn't even think about that. Does that make it harder to renegotiate with them? How does that affect their willingness?” I also worry about the taxes. I didn't think about the fact that the money that they didn't receive the full amount is taxable income.

Original review: June 23, 2020

National Debt Relief was very easy to work with. They were very understanding. They explained their service in detail and no small question that was asked did they ever say, “Well, we’ve already gone over that,” or, “That’s in the information that you’re receiving.” They always took the time to answer any questions and concerns. Everybody I’ve ever spoken with there has always been very professional and very prompt to make any change or adjustment that was ever needed. I’m still a customer of theirs and any time anyone has called and said, “Well, this is what I’m trying to negotiate,” or, “This is what I’m able to negotiate. Are you willing to accept that?” Or, “Should we try to do something else?” They present the information to you and it’s your decision whether you want to accept that or if you don’t.

I needed to lower my payment for a couple of months, and I called them and they were able to help me lower it but I was still able to meet the payments that they had already put in place, even by being able to reduce my payment for a couple of months. And then I went back to my normal payment. I like their kindness, friendliness, ability to sell their service not by just reading off a script but by being able to explain exactly what they’re reading, explain how it would affect you as a person. It wasn’t about selling the service for them. It was about taking an individual need and being able to provide them with an offer that allowed them to meet and handle the bills that they had, but being able to do it while still being able to live each month. Not taking everything that a person had.

They listened to what the client had to say. They didn’t go in with a sales established motive on their end. They were there to listen to you and understand you and try to explain how they could help you, and if they couldn’t, they explained that as well. And the one thing I really appreciated was when we initially started this program, they said, “Well, these are the things that you have on your credit that we see that we can help you settle.” And then a couple of weeks or possibly even a month later, I got a phone call from them and said that they had found one other item, did I know about it and would I like to add it to what I already had. It did not increase my payment any, but they added it. And I’ve been fortunate enough to have already paid off that bill.

Being able to work with them and knowing that they’re working for my best interest makes things much more peaceful. You’re not concerned that every phone call you’re getting or every time your phone rings, it’s a debt collector and they want more from you. They help give you a peace of mind. That payment you’re making each month, you might say, “Wow, that comes at a really bad time,” but you go back and look at your account and say, “You know what? I’ve got one more payment on this bill and that bill’s gonna be all paid off,” or, “I can’t believe the negotiated fee they were able to get or the negotiated amount they were able to get me so that I can settle this account.” For me, it’s not wanting to pay my bills. They’re my bills. I made them, I created them so I need to pay them. I needed an avenue which to be able to pay those bills each month but still be able to have money to meet my needs each month.

Original review: May 14, 2020

Even though I realized that I needed to address my current financial situation, especially after my last employer, E-T TRADE, gained access to my Capital One credit card account and was able to manipulate previously charged company purchases made with my account by "returning" reimbursement payments made from the company business checking account, and by making fraudulent payments by either closing the business checking accounts after payment, then repeating this process over and over with other company accounts, the entire time, Capital One continued to accept payments through several cycles of payment returns.

So after a week's time, the purchased items of 1 Apple MacBookPro for $3,000. and 1 iPhone for $1,000 plus shipping for each item to Hong Kong at $700 became a $10,000 fraud spree and I became the victim. The contract I signed along with the CEO of E-T Trade when I was offered the job of Purchasing Manager, specified that I would use my personal credit card for all purchases for the initial probationary period, made the impression that the security of my credit card was covered.

Capital One finally froze my account after two weeks after several urgent requests from me, The total balance on MY card became $10,127.00. My supervisor and the CEO of E-T Trade vanished and stoped responding to all attempts of communication by me. I reported this immediately to local Florida law enforcement, but to deaf ears. And I was not paid my salary for the weeks I worked. I no longer trust myself.

This is why I have come to National Debt Relief. I have no choice. The Capital One account is in my name and the fraud department with Capital One, declared there was nothing that they could do. I was responsible. Period. I contacted your company today, after reading positive reviews online and was very fortunate to connect with Certified Debt Specialist, Shomari **. This was a fateful pairing and connection. He might be one of the most patient and caring individuals that I have ever interacted with. His knowledge and his ability to gain a stranger's trust is beyond description. As uncomfortable as it was to explain my new reality, as I have been searching for a way to manage this nightmare. A situation that I still am having nightmares every night and questioning my own judgement at every minute of every day, Shomari offered perhaps the only option I had left.

Before long, I felt a glimmer of hope for the very first time in over a month. I still owe this substantial amount of money but the sting is less painful, thanks to his impressive ability to remain patient and ever so very sensitive to my financial future, I sincerely thank Shomari and thank National Debt Relief for hiring him. The young lady that assisted me with wrapping up my application process in a very detailed but still warm and caring manner, was another fine example of personal customer service that I consider a lifeline. I appreciated her warm personality and comforting attitude.

Definitely a true 100% effort by the staff definitely makes it easy to share my experience with friends and family. By the way, I am planning to close on a home purchase by the end of the month and during the events leading up to contacting NDR this afternoon, I did not think I was going to make it this far. For most, this experience would be traumatic under any circumstances, but as I approach my 62nd birthday, I genially feel that this might be my best birthday present ever! Thank you, all. Bill

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

An acquaintance of ours had used National Debt Relief and told us that the program was going well after about a year. They talked about how well they communicated and got some really good settlements for them. I had quite a bit of credit card debts and unsecured loan debt over the last two years from some family issues with supporting several family members and elderly care of parents. And when I called National Debt Relief, I was feeling very overwhelmed. But they were very organized, and they seem to know exactly what was going on, which gave me a lot of confidence on the program. When we were done with the phone call, and I talked to my wife, we decided that that was probably the way to go because we wanna pay some of our debts back.

We were simply asking for some help. National Debt Relief seemed to be the best alternative because morally, we were having an issue with just saying, "We're gonna declare bankruptcy and write it all off." Their program was attractive to us even though they're getting a discounted rate. We felt like we're still being responsible for the debt we incurred. We're just saving some interest.

So far, they settled about four of our debts, and I've had nothing but good things to say. They've called me as soon as they got the offer. They advised me that they thought it was a good offer. They said it was up to me if I wanna choose it, but they gave me the pros and cons. And I felt like they let me make an educated decision. I didn't feel like they were forcing me into something to help them. They were really trying to help me. So, we have 4 resolved, and 12 outstanding. That's 25% through in less than a year. So, I'm very happy with that.

After I did the initial assessment and put everything in and they gave me my payment, about a week later, I was driving along, and I remembered that I had another outstanding debt that I did not tell them about. I remembered because the payment came out of my account. So, I was really in a panic because it wasn't a small amount, but it wasn't a huge amount. And I called, and they were very reassuring and said, "You know what, that's no big deal. There's plenty of budget room within your payment and in your settlement that we should have no problem with that." I didn't have the account number because it was an older account. All I did was told them who it was and they had that resolved in a matter of like 10 minutes. They had it added to my list and my payment didn't change. So, I was very happy about the way they handled it. I would call it an add-on debt.

We're not completely done, but I'm definitely very happy with them. I did already recommend someone to try it out because they were also struggling morally with just dumping their responsibilities. What I found with National Debt Relief is they made me feel better because the counselors said, "Look, you've already paid them what you owe them, now you're paying all these interests. And what we're gonna do is settle for what you really used," and I really like that. It made me feel better about myself. I like the way they handled it. They didn't make me feel like I was some loser because I was in this situation. They made me feel I was very reassured that they would handle it.

They were very honest because I thought there's gotta be a trick to this. Somebody is making money, somebody is paying things. I was surprised on how open they were about, "This is what the deposits are. These are the fees. This is how much we make." Even after that first call, I didn't feel like they were hiding anything at all. It was very transparent. They tell you how they make money, and they tell you how they're gonna help you. And so far, I've made seven months. In that seven months, they've been exactly as they promised.

National Debt Relief Company Information