4.9/5 (1242 ratings)

About National Debt Relief

National Debt Relief is one of the largest debt settlement companies in the nation. Our goal is to help clients re-establish financial stability and peace of mind in the least amount of time possible. We will work hard to provide experience and proven results through education and individual customer care.

Pros

• No-charge initial consultation
    • Free debt relief quote
    • Numerous accreditations

Cons

• Will need to pay percentage of debt settled

Bottom Line

National Debt Relief works best for those with a minimum debt of $10,000. Although you will need to pay a portion based on the debt settled, National Debt Relief can help consumers escape the cycle of debt and become financially independent.

Top National Debt Relief Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Debt Relief?

Verified

They were very helpful. I feel better about my future. Can't wait to be debt free. I have a program I can keep. Without this help I could not get out of debt and I was scared. The...

Verified

All members of the staff that assisted me with getting the process started and finalizing enrollment were very helpful and knowledgeable … Thank you National Debt Relief for helpi...

What is National Debt Relief?

National Debt Relief is one of the largest debt settlement companies in the United States. National Debt Relief provides consumers freedom from financial debt by offering debt reduction services, as well as financial consultations. They have successfully negotiated settlements for thousands of collection amounts. Most cases settle within 24-48 months.

National Debt Relief is a BBB Accredited Business. They also have IAPDA (International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators) accreditations for all of their Debt Arbitrators and an AFCC (American Fair Credit Council) membership. Located in New York, National Debt Relief offers nationwide service.

How does National Debt Relief work?

To qualify for National Debt relief, you must:

• Be able to make a monthly payment into a settlement fund
    • Owe more than $10,000
    • Be several months behind on payments
    • Going through a financial crisis with no quick end in sight (such as recent job loss, reduction in hours, separation or divorce, death of a spouse, unexpected hospital or medical bills, student loans, IRS takes, etc.)

National Debt Relief works with your creditors to try and agree on a settlement for your debts with lower payments. Although successful with numerous debt settlements, each situation of debt is unique. Therefore, National Debt Relief is unable to guarantee identical or similar results for every client. Also, they cannot guarantee creditors will agree to a settlement.

You can call National Debt Relief today for a free consultation or click “Visit Website.”

National Debt Relief services

National Debt Relief provides a variety of debt and financial services, including:

• Debt settlement assistance
      This remains one of the best options to get rid of debt. While debt settlement assistance works for some people, getting a debt settlement workable and approved can be a complicated process. Having negotiated settlements for thousands of creditors and collection accounts, National Debt Relief has established themselves as experts in the field.
    • Free budget planner worksheets
      To get on top of debt, you must have a handle on all of your income and expenses. National Debt Relief makes this step a lot easier by providing a free budget planner worksheet. You can easily download this worksheet and plug in all avenues of income as well as areas of expense.
    • Free debt calculator
      One of the best ways to overcome debt is to develop a plan of action. Utilizing a debt calculator will help you do exactly that.
    • Consultations (including a free initial consultation)
      The experts at National Debt Relief understand finances, debt and accounting. Get counseling and guidance, help with your budget plan, and settle your debts with personal, invested National Debt Relief consultations.

National Debt Relief FAQ

How much does National Debt Relief cost?

You can expect National Debt Relief to charge 15-25% of your enrolled debt. National Debt Relief does not have any upfront fees or cost to sign up. Additionally, initial debt consultations are free. Any National Debt Relief fees that will be billed is entirely performance-based. You don’t pay until you get your debt settled, and payments depend on how substantial a settlement you are awarded.

How does National Debt Relief affect your credit?

If you decide to enter a debt settlement program, your credit score may be adversely affected. However, it is often a better option than filing for bankruptcy.

Does National Debt Relief work?

We recommend National Debt Relief given their impressive collection of proven success and many top accreditations. They also have a nearly 5-star rating on ConsumerAffairs with over 36,000 reviews recorded. National Debt Relief also offers a good supply of free services and valuable information on their website to help clients understand debt settlement. Enrolling in a National Debt Relief program offers consumers a chance at escaping debt, and for that reason we recommend them.

National Debt Relief Reviews

Over 50k reviews since 2016

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Debt Relief?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

I was in a deep hole, being over $13,000 in debt with only my social security disability money to live off of. Need to pay rent too. Then I stumbled upon National Debt Relief, called in, and was greeted by Terra. She was very professional and nice over the phone. First she did a soft credit check to pull up my debts. I unfortunately wasn't qualified for a 3rd party debt consolidation loan. But no matter! Terra said that National Debt Relief would help me directly. She was then very clear about what documents she required from me. I sent them over and then we scheduled another phone conversation to go over the terms with me. She answered all of my questions thoroughly and was very pleasant. She's a cool person and funny too! We both talked about our love for food.

Anyway, the terms took a while and she had to stop to drink water (poor Terra!) but she powered through the document and soon enough had me sign it. I then got copies of the signed PDFs. I thanked her thoroughly because people like her make National Debt Relief such a great program. In the end I was able to cut my $13,000+ debt down to $250 per month. It's very stressful living with such debt but now I'm back on track thanks to Terra. She has a great job and that is to help those in need like myself. Thank you Terra! :D

National Debt Relief response

Thank you for such a great review! We work hard to offer the best possible experience for every client, so we’ll make sure that Terra gets the recognition she deserves.

Get buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2022

For the most part, the experience has been very positive with NDR. I've seen the transparency has been there. They have always been open. The last part of the interaction that I had with them was they had a company called Liberty Lending they had mentioned to me. I was very interested until I started to have a conversation with Liberty Lending directly and they started to explain to me their interest rates on the rapid loan that they were offering. That didn't work for me, but for the most part with National Debt Relief, there are results being done, that are actually being made.

I'm about six months with it now. The follow-up was there constantly, that was one thing that was important to me. What's related to credit is funds, resources, equity, and understanding what my needs were and where I was currently at and saying, "This won't happen overnight. But if you stick with us, this is what the end result will be." Being 100% honest really gave me some ease to be able to say, "Let's go ahead and get this done."

Usually, every time I speak to someone from National Debt Relief, they always mention to me, "This is your login credentials, if you want to log in. If you don't have them, we can send them to you as many times as you need them." They also call me and I also get a lot of emails from them saying where we're at right now and what they've been doing. They also say, "This is an awesome option that was available now with this loan. If you are okay with it, we'll draw up a new draft schedule that will allow you to get this one out of the way. But it'll be a little bit more coming out."

If anything had to be improved with National Debt Relief, it would be being able to find companies like Liberty Lending that can offer better options to people that are willing to fast track their process and what they're trying to get accomplished. One of the things that they could do as well is to look at the programs that the country has offerings during the pandemic and base it upon what state people are in and see what they qualify for as well.

Original review: April 3, 2022

A friend asked me if we have National Debt Relief and said that they might be something to go through as far as help. They have been excellent. They usually answer every question and they are willing to be patient with me as far as my questions. The overall process is easy as far as getting set up and it's satisfactory. The only concern I had is when they first initially put you in this program, they put you into a monthly payment plan. You can’t alter that. It’s just that once you start paying off your creditors and you start lowering what’s owed, the amount per month shouldn't equate to that.

For instance, if you had a balance on a creditor to pay $1,000 and you had $500 in the account, the creditors want to spread it out for 12 months. You say, “I’m paying 500 a month. Could I just pay that one off and go to the next creditor?” They say, “No, you pay every creditor off with the payoff amount.” If we can look at paying one creditor off entirely, that should be advantageous to the consumer. It shouldn't be all the creditors at one time. Also, I understand that the overall amount due on a creditor would be higher. But if they had lower fees, it would make it more advantageous to members trying to pay off debts. On top of actually making a payment, you have some fees.

Other than that, National Debt Relief allowed me to reduce the debt that I had. It allowed me to nip my debt over the course of three years now, where I can manage it in a more financially responsible way. Look into National Debt Relief and see if it's beneficial for you. If it does accommodate your needs, definitely give them a call and try to set up an appointment.

Original review: March 8, 2022

The enrollment was easier than I thought it would be. They were really friendly and helped me a lot. They explained everything really well. They sent me information and then I have my own set of paperwork they have. They told me anytime I had a question, I could call them and I'd be able to talk to somebody who could help answer any questions I might have. So far, one of my debts is already settled. There's another one that I’m making payments on. They've worked with me recently through a third party company to try and do more of a loan to do lump sum settlements to try and get that part done faster. To where I'm still paying monthly, I'm still gonna have a finance charge, which is everywhere, but my debts will get settled quicker to help me build my credit back up faster. So they work with me in a lot of ways.

NDR calls whenever there's an update or any changes in my account, like if a debt is settled. If they have questions on an account where they're having problems, they’ll give me a call and ask me for any other information I might have. They've kept me very informed of what's going on. I also have an online login. I can go in and look at my account anytime. It shows how much I've paid, who's gotten paid, who's getting paid, and who are they still in negotiations with. My experience has been very positive. NDR saved me a lot of headaches and stress and worry trying to scramble to pay everybody at the same time. So it's been a big relief for me.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

The service has been great. The other places were too complicated, too high and not caring. When I called National Debt Relief, they didn't sound like bill collectors. They cared. I really felt they wanted to help me, so I ended up going with them. I talked to somebody and they took a lot of information and had me get all my information together. I made sure I had all my creditors and which ones I wanted to enroll in the program. Initially, I only enrolled three, but I lost a second job and had to add two more. It was seamless and everything is transparent. I don't use it very often, but I have access to my savings account so I could look at that balance anytime. I just sign on to my account, and it gives me a dashboard where I can see the percentage on the amount of my debt that's resolved and unresolved. I can look at what's in negotiation, if they're in conversation, and things that have yet to be resolved.

I can see it's reducing my debt. I just make sure I have those funds available. When I lost a job, I couldn't even keep my minimum payments to National Debt Relief, but there's this fee that I paid. It has to do with any legal issues that they'll address, and I made sure that was there until I could get back on my feet. It was just such a relief not to have to worry about it. I was overwhelmed and it's why I even contacted NDR. Now, I don't communicate with people on the phone anymore. It's all through the internet. Maybe I'm being too lax, but it's on autopilot. I get statements in my email and that's a reminder for me to go out and look if I want to, but they're taking care of everything. I just have to worry about the rest of my life, and for that red mark that's sitting there, somebody else is handling it.

I don't have to worry about filing bankruptcy because I've done that before and that was not a road I wanted to take at any cost. I don't care what creditors think about me, but I wanted to consciously be responsible for the debt that I incurred. I wanted to pay my portion as much as I was able to, but I needed help. What National Debt Relief is doing more than anything is helping me with those interest fees, and then reducing some of it.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

This amount you guys are taking from my account every 2 weeks is putting me in the poor house. It's creating more problems than it's worth. I wished I had never signed up. I wish I could lower the amount you pay biweekly..it's killing my pocket to pay over $300 monthly to get out of debt? While I am paying bills that I am paying every month. How can you guys help me when you keep me broke? I am confused.

National Debt Relief response

We’re so sorry to hear about your experience, and we want to thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We take client satisfaction very seriously, so we’ll be reaching out shortly in order to better understand and hopefully resolve your concerns. You can also call us directly at 888-660-7427.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

5 years ago I lost the love of my life and thought the world was ending. I was struggling with debt and didn't know what to do till I seen an ad. 4 years ago I entered into program which I was scared at first. But after talking with someone who was very pleasant got started and 4 yrs later I'm debt free and what a good feeling. It is like hitting the lottery and yes I will recommend this program to anyone who needs help. Thanks National Debt.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

The agent was asking me question about what I was needing help with. I was telling about my car loan, my small personal loan and, 2 credit cards. I told him about how much debt that I had and then lost connection. I have a friend who was doing the same thing. She said they were in the middle of the call and that when they were about finish that she got disconnected. I wanted to research and see if this happened to anyone else or every one.

Dear Ms. Pearson,

After further looking into this matter, we were able to determine that the call was dropped due to a system issue. We welcome you to please give us a call at 888-660-7427. We would be more than happy to continue the call and get you on your way to being debt free. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

___________________

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We want every client to have an exceptional experience with us. We will investigate your concerns, and a member of our team will be contacting you directly to review. If you prefer, you can also call us at 888-660-7427.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

Had a great person helping me set up my account and now we are working through the process and they are there when I need them. Sherry has been great and the amount I will pay using this company will be so much easier on my family.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

Called today regarding an e-mail message that was received stating that my account was being closed for nonpayment. Upon discussing this with the representative, it was discovered that this was a fake message and that it had not come from National Debt Relief. The representative's assistance and reassurance helped me to relax and block the fake e-mail message. Thank you for the great service and the kind words.

National Debt Relief Company Information