Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Our entire transaction took several months from our initial application, and approval, through the time it took for our former home to sell. 21st Century staff were patient, understanding, responsive, and consistently professional. We appreciate it.

There was a realtor a while back when I was looking for a house and it's one of my neighbors. He's the one that recommended 21st Mortgage. I was originally looking for a place in Oklahoma and that didn't pan out because of my brother's medical stuff. When I found something here in San Diego, I stayed with 21st because they had already approved me for a house through a VA loan in the beginning. But, we wound up going conventional because we found something that didn't qualify for the VA. The rep was great, and the people at the real estate agency that I went through down here loves him. He emailed me all the time, let me know what steps were done and what steps were needed to be done. As a couple of steps got checked off, he would update my checkoff list. He was awesome. It was a really good experience all the way through and I would definitely recommend them.

We wanted to have a little bit of flexibility of downpayment in the years for the house that we bought which was a manufactured home. 21st Mortgage Corporation have had a little more flexibility that fit our needs at the time. Ms. Joy ** was my contact then. I signed up and went through the whole process with her. She was very helpful, patient in answering all my questions and walked me through the steps of what was going to take place. She kept in communication with me when things were not moving along. The experience was great, smooth and very helpful.

I needed to find a company that could finance mobile homes. A person I work with had her loan through 21st Mortgage Corporation, so I went with them. The loan process with was very easy. We emailed back and forth and used the telephone. It wasn’t a big deal. I had a good experience with them and I’m satisfied.

After working with another company for about a year, I ended up finding 21st Mortgage and the process was fairly quick. Their representative was very good and helpful in giving me options of what I could do, what I needed to do. They were also very quick to respond to any questions.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Mortgage Corporation?

21st Mortgage has a better interest rate than other companies. Also, we got the process done in about a week. However, we didn't realize that we were late for the payment. Their rep called and was really rude and demanding that we pay them. We assured them that we were going to make the payment within a couple of days and that we were just short on funds because of all the cost that we had to do for the mobile home, but they were unprofessional and they just wouldn't take it. We have never experienced anyone like that. My husband spoke to the manager and this manager replied the same way too. We qualified for the criteria that they were asking. On top of that, we also gave a 10 percent down. It's not like we're going to take off. That's not how you treat a first time customer or any customer. We're very dissatisfied.

When my brother found 21st Mortgage Corporation for me, it was the best option at the time. The home loan process went well. It went smoothly and it was a quick closing. Also, the representatives were courteous, and everything was good.

21st Mortgage financed my home I refinanced my mobile home. My experience was complicated but the guy that was helping me was very nice and has a lot of patience with me. Everything was done through e-mails and fax, which takes time but in the end, I can do what I need to do. Also, they were really helpful with me and they made it easy for me. I have a good experience with them.

I bought a mobile home and the dealer recommended 21st Mortgage. They'd finance my loan. I talked on the phone a couple of times with their representative who was in charge of gathering all my information. He was always emailing me and letting me know what items I needed to get together and submit to them. As I would submit the requirements, he would update my list until they get all the information together. They contacted me and let me know whether I was approved. It was a painless experience.

When we purchased the house, 21st Mortgage Corporation was the company that was used by the dealer we went with. Overall, it's been pretty good and easy. We've had the loan for a couple of years and just recently went through a refinance to put the house in my name and I stayed with them all. I did the refinancing online and then we went back-and-forth over the phone as well. The gentleman that I worked with made everything very easy. Everything went pretty well and smooth.

21st Mortgage Corporation financed manufactured homes, such as what I was buying and experience was very good. We did the loan process via email. Joe was very good at letting me know what I needed to do and everything that I needed to provide in order to get the process moving along and get everything taken care of. I have a lot of praise for Joe. He was great to work with and I highly recommend him.

I couldn't find anybody to finance a manufactured home except 21st Mortgage. The loan process took some time, but some of it is my fault because I was trying to keep up with everything. For the most part though, they weren't detailed enough or didn't know what they were doing. I've only bought one other house and that's 15 years ago, so there are a lot of stuff I didn't realize. But I'm still happy. It was a good experience.

I got a home loan from 21st Mortgage Corporation because they were willing to finance an older home. My experience with them was fine. Their representatives were able to answer my questions. But the home loan process was not simple. It took a while. Also, it’s a stressful thing for the person who’s trying to go through with the loan process. But be patient. When it’s over, then it’s done. I was also supposed to get set up for a payment every other week and it didn’t happen. I was thinking that I needed to call them to see what happened.

21st Mortgage was the only one that I found that would finance a mobile home and my experience with them was magnificent. Their rep made it so. Without him, I wouldn't have it done. If they had 200 of him, they would make a whole lot more money. But the ability to be able to e-sign would have been a lot easier. There's so many papers that needed to be scanned and this is for a first time home buyer. That was crazy. Nevertheless, I have recommended them.

The mobile home company chose 21st Mortgage. So far, I'm plenty happy with them and the loan process went really fast.

There aren't very many similar people that give out trailer loans like 21st Mortgage. I worked with Ken who was good about sending emails back and forth. And when he asked what kind of insurance we wanted, I said I wanted to keep my Erie Insurance because it's a bundled car and homeowners or renters. I already sent him the information for Erie but when we went to closing, I looked at the paper and on it was 21st Mortgage Insurance. But we went ahead and signed because I didn't know what was going on. So I sent him another email and he said, "Well, you have to call customer service now but you can have whatever insurance you want." And I said, "Well, you better believe it, it's $24 a month less, and that would add up in a year's time to a lot of money times 19 years, to like $5,000. Why should I put that on my loan?" So that was part of it and I still haven't got that done yet.

We went to closing February 28th but couldn't get the keys to our home until March 10th so I had to pay for two places. It was because 21st Mortgage would not release the money until the old owner released the title. So we were caught in the middle and I lost a whole lot of money because of it. I'm upset about the whole deal. I looked at my email and there's a customer service number that I'm gonna call tomorrow and give him, Erie Insurance, the person's name and the phone number and see if we can get something switched around to make our monthly payments cheaper for me and also better insurance for $24 a month less.

21st Mortgage Corporation seemed to be the No. 1 company dealing with mobile home mortgages. I did the loan process through email. I thought it was pretty cut-and-done. Usually, you just give them your information, they run the credit check and the approval, and then, give you a list of information of what you need to send in a checklist. You give them all the information. As long as everything checks out, then it's just pretty simple then it's done. If I needed to call, they always answered the phone. They were great.

21st Mortgage was the lending company that my agent recommended. They seemed fine in doing their job and making sure that I can pay back their money. The home loan process took only a couple of days and the representatives seemed to be pretty good. We got the loan and everything is good to go.

21st Mortgage has an embedded icon ad at the website that let us find the place we bought. I clicked on it and filled out an application and there were a lot of documents that had to be sent in but other than that, the process was quick and easy. I had lots of conversation and emails back-and-forth with their representatives. However, when we called the man who closed the loan since we've never received our copy of the title or the two registration stickers for our mobile home, he just passed us by giving a telephone number to call. He didn’t want anything to do with it anymore. We’ve already paid them to do those things at closing and we closed on March 15th. They already got their money but I’m not getting good service out of them over this and we've been waiting since. Everything else was fine and dandy but that’s really in our face right now and I'm disappointed.

21st Mortgage was offered to me so I just decided to go with them. The entire loan process seemed pretty easy. Everything has been okay and my wife took care of most of it.

We first applied for a home in January. After 3 weeks of waiting we were told the home wasn't on the correct property. We then chose another location in February and after weeks of waiting and being told multiple times we had everything turned in I called 21ST and was told that there were multiple documents still required. After turning them in the closing was scheduled for the end of March. We had some items that needed replaced and those items were done quickly.

21st Mortgage was the only one who would accept the mobile homes and the lands. The land was in my uncle's name and all other places would not accept that for some reason 'cause we're related. My experience was good but it took forever to process and that was the worst part of my loan experience. I literally applied for a 21st Mortgage loan last June and we just closed in February. But my monthly note was $334 and my flood insurance went up by $1. However, it's my whole payment changed and now it's $374. I just have to call them about that and 21st Mortgage said something about the escrow. The rep was helpful and working with him was good.

I hate having to deal with them - rude and unprofessional. Can't wait to get refinanced. Would recommend them to no one! Ever. Their loan process is shady and I think they are in cahoots with the trailer company. I was overcharged $1000.00 and it took months to get my money back.

I was in escrow for 52 days and it seemed like things were being held up at the end, many hoops to jump through for a loan that is less than a luxury vehicle. In the end, I have my own home and that's great, which makes me satisfied, but I'm not satisfied with my high interest rate (and I cannot shop around for a lower rate because 21st basically has a monopoly on mobile homes older than 1976).

When my husband passed away a few months ago, it was a very difficult time for me, but this mortgage company walked me through every step. Whenever I had a question, someone would get back to me quickly via either email or phone call. I will definitely use them again for any future purchases should I make any.

I contacted 21st Mortgage for a Chattel Loan and got a fast pre approval. Nicki ** was my loan officer and was very helpful, always returning emails or phone calls. Overall, the process was easy and I was happy with everything. I would recommend 21st Mortgage to anyone looking to buy a mobile home.

21st Mortgage Corporation

We are very sorry for your inconvenience, but please understand many factor go into the funding of a loan. Without knowing the details of your loan it is imposable to explain more. Please contact our Customer service department at 800-955-0021 x 2900.

Original review: April 6, 2017

Lack of communication - Just a bad experience. We were to close on February 28, per 21st Mortgage, which we did. BUT we could not get the keys to our home until March 10th. So I end up paying for 2 places because of all the mess! Then I sent all the information to you for our homeowner's insurance and instead you used yours. I am getting bills for the other one and it is $24 less a year. I think I should be reimbursed for insurance and for 2 weeks of paying for a home I could not use. I know the closing company was very upset with how the whole closing went also.

Found this company to be very good though sometimes requiring same docs to be sent more than once. Efficient and personable to work with. Would definitely work with them again and loan officer Sterling ** was great to work with and should be commended for his efficiency.

If anyone of looking for a loan that they handle I highly recommend them. They are very quick and tell you exactly what is needed. The process is easy. The people are awesome to work with no matter how many questions you have.

21st Mortgage is fantastic. The staff was courteous and professional. Had it not been for their help, we would not been able to buy our home. The entire home loan process was done within 1 month. Joy ** was our lending agent. She was super. Thanks 21st Mortgage.

21st Mortgage Corporation Company Profile