2. Mortgages
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.44/5

21st Mortgage Corporation is a full-service, independent agency offering a large range of insurance products and specialize in mortgages for manufactured and prefabricated homes. When you contact 21st Mortgage Corporation, you can rest assured that our knowledgeable staff will educate you and ultimately assist you in finding the option that best suits your needs.

21st Mortgage Corporation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Mortgage Corporation?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: July 11, 2020

21st Mortgage Corporation is the only company I can find that finances the type of home I have. I did a 15-year mortgage with them and it was super easy. Everything was through email and scanning and everything. Ken was my loan manager person and he was absolutely amazing. He walked me through the stuff I didn't understand and explained them. I got furloughed during the middle of it and he was understanding and they put the loan on hold for the furlough type thing, but I didn't have to redo anything besides my proof of employment.

21st Mortgage Corporation worked it so well and Ken took care of everything. I felt really secure even though we were doing everything online and I didn't meet with someone face-to-face. The way the documents came in through the email was secured. Ken got back to me every day. He replied before I even rechecked my email. He was so fast and when I asked him to call me, he did. There were a few times when I wasn't able to get ahold of him 'cause he was on vacation and he had a voicemail thing saying he was on vacation, and then I should contact someone else and that person had all the information on files that I didn't. I still was able to do everything without him, but he still made me feel extremely safe. I was in really good hands.

The application was very easy. I filled out an application online and then Ken called me a couple of hours later and left a message. I never felt scammed or anything like that and I never felt like I was dropped either. It was just the right amount of information. I took a while because we were trying to go through some other stuff and I didn't get back to him right away. We were doing owner carry, so we weren't in a hurry. But he kept in contact with me and said that they were still there for me whenever I was ready. I've used companies here in town and I haven't even felt as secure with them as I have with 21st Mortgage Corporation. I referred 21st Mortgage to two other people after because I was just really happy with everything.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 2, 2020

Mobile homes are hard to get into and it's a special field so I was afraid. 21st Mortgage was the second company we've gone with and I was afraid that there were gonna be difficulties but there really weren't. They are one of the only companies that would finance a mobile home without doing a foundation inspection and they made the process smooth and very easy for us. We got a fixed rate loan and it was a very positive experience. We were very pleased. It’s definitely worth one’s time to look into this company and go with them for a mortgage.

Sometimes the process can take longer but all in all, it took about seven weeks for us. You have to apply, wait for the pre-approval and then send in paperwork for the full approval. Next is the appraisal and then you wait for the paperwork to be processed and all the title information to be obtained. The only problem we had was the appraisal. It was third party and that's what held us up a little bit. We had to wait a while to get it back and then they had to fix something and we had to wait even longer. So if anything needed to be changed and/or looked into, it’s definitely the appraisal process.

But 21st definitely sped up the ending process – getting the title company and all the information done in a timely manner. We were on a time schedule and they definitely pushed us through that fairly quickly. They were very good about doing that. Nicki was my first contact and the one who completed the process. I think she was the loan originator. We had several others that did the title and handled all that but she was the main contact there and was very knowledgeable.

She helped me get through what I needed to get through to get done and she answered questions in a timely manner. I was an overload of questions but I'm pretty thorough in what I do. A lot of people don't have as many questions as I do but I was very happy with the interaction that we had. I touched base with her at least two to three times a week, sometimes more depending on what we were trying to get done that certain week. Email worked good for everybody because you can answer it whether you're in a meeting or stopped on the side of the road instead of trying to call back and forth. Then any time I called in, I got in touch with whoever I needed and if I didn't, somebody else would answer my questions to the best of their ability. We were very comfortable working with them. They were very effective and clear in addressing our questions and concerns.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

My wife had a loan through 21st Mortgage for our home. I own the property and she owned the house. So we figured to just combine it all into one. Overall, the experience with 21st Mortgage was very good. Ryan, the one whom we dealt with, was very quick to reply to an email and was very professional. He was a pleasure to do business with. The only thing, I felt we were out of the loop on was that we had an appraiser that we paid to come out and do an appraisal on the property. But we didn't get any information on that.

I wasn't too keen with the lady that did all the notary as well. She was very sweet but she just seemed to be a little unorganized. We had to go back a second day to go meet. And we questioned one of the papers. We felt like we needed to sign, but she was like, "No, you don't need to sign that." We figured she knows what she's doing. She called me four days later that we needed to go back and sign that paper, and that was what was holding us up. Luckily, she wasn't that far from our office, so we were able to go meet up with her. It's still wasn't a bad thing. And my wife and I both were just waiting for something to pop that, "Oh, no. We can't do it." But we never got that.

We feel a lot better now that it's over. I still have questions because of the way it was though. It was two different pieces of properties subdivided that we all merged in together. And with you coming in only appraising one piece of the property, how does that work with the other piece of property. It was all paid for, but I'm just not sure how that falls into the equation. They could've explained that a little further. But Ryan was very good. The only downside was that we had to ask him, and he didn't hesitate to give us an answer even if he did not have the answer and shot straight and said, "I'm not sure about that. Let me find out." And he did. He followed up with us and he gave us the answer for the questions that we were asking.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I was aware of a mortgaged mobile home. My cousin was selling a home and 21st Mortgage was the mortgage lender she was aware of. The application process was pretty straightforward. There was direct contact but the majority of contact was through emails. Everything was done electronically pretty much. The application and underwriting took about a month. I took a pause.

But the need for an appraisal should have been upfront. I was approved for a loan and told I could go ahead and they would give me this much money for the loan. But once all of that was said and done, they were wanted to appraise the house because it was only worth $10,000. I had been told the entire process that I was getting $25,000 then was told there was quite a chance that I may only be getting 10,000. That happened right before the contract got sent. Everything else, like the background checks, was done. They said they needed this documentation and that documentation. But signing all the paperwork that was needed and emailing it was all done. We were then told that they had to have an appraiser come out and I had to spend $300-some on that appraiser.

When it came down to that we asked why this wasn’t told to us upfront and why were we waiting for the last-minute to be told this. Our loan officer's only reasoning was it was listed in the long list of documentation that was going to be needed and that that was what was going to be needed. But to me, I know for a fact it was listed second to last and that was the documentation. It was never brought up by her that it might be a good idea to get an appraisal first, especially because I couldn’t bring in my own appraisal company. I had to go directly through 21st Mortgage. Other than that, our loan officer was okay and I was confident working with her through the process.

It was all done online. They overnighted documents and stuff. I didn’t have to go in and meet with somebody in person because my schedule was really terrible and I had no time off. Everything could be done on the short 10-minute break that I had at work. I liked the ability to be able to contact my loan officer too. On the couple of times I called or the seller called, she got in contact with her. Now I have my very own first place.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I was going through a divorce and I needed a place of my own. My ex wife wanted me to rent an apartment while she kept the house but I didn't agree. So, I stumbled upon an alternative and that was a modular home. It's a double-wide type home, which is like a house. It’s on a slab and it’s got a driveway, a two-and-half garage, three bedrooms, two bath, and the whole bit. As far as my research went, there were not many lenders that lend for this type of house with a low rental. So, my realtor gave me a couple of options and I ended up doing an application online with 21st Mortgage.

The process was long and drawn out. I was also treated like I had bad credit. But I have excellent credit. The problem is, the interest rate is still high because I’m taking it as a high risk loan. It is so small that they have to give you a higher interest rate. But as someone who neither has his stuff together and take the pride in my credit score, I felt like I was still getting punished. And there should be guidelines to that. You could look at the history or look at my credit score before I get a 10 or 11% interest. So, I didn’t like that. But the fact that I’m in a house of my own again and I'm moving on, even though I have a mortgage now, makes it a lot easier.

Other than that, I liked the hospitality of the rep I dealt with, Jonathan. He was also nice and professional. He was lacking a little communication, but that was because apparently I was doing footwork for everybody. I had a deadline living with the ex, and I was doing all the running around and I was making things happen. It felt like it was all on me. Jonathan helped but things could’ve went a little smoother.

Still, 21st Mortgage helped me in the process of picking up the pieces and starting a new chapter in my life. My modular home was in remodel condition where I went in and had to paint things. I also made some updates. But to me, it’s a house. If I knew that this type of home was so cheap, I would’ve done this when I was younger instead of buying my first house. But buying a house is a lot easier. You can negotiate, haggle, and so on. With this, you really can’t. If you do, then you gotta go back to the lender and redo all the paperwork. Also, my loan process with 21st Mortgage took a month and a half to complete. It went quickly, but if it was a house it would’ve went quicker because of my credit score and the low interest. But that was me pushing it. I had to and I had no choice because I had a deadline to get out of the house of the ex.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

This company is loaded with the most insane deceptive lending practices in the industry. Ryan ** was the loan originator acting as the underwriter for a mobile home purchase. During the process he states an issue over the phone, we resolved the issue. He then counters with new issues that were never discussed during the original phone call. Beware! of this company as they will string you along and cause you to lose out on a property due to their bait and switch tactics. RUN as fast as you can from these crooks! Get everything in writing because this company will change your lending terms at the last minute.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

This company was recommended to us as a way to finance a vacation property. Most of our frustration comes with working with mortgage lender, Adam M. Lack of communication is an understatement. Repeatedly asking for estimated closing dates with no response. We waited a week and half to get verification of employment - during this time we could have been getting insurance quotes had we known it was a priority. We had already from the beginning said we wanted to close as early as humanly possible and to wait until what we thought was the last of our homework to then tell us to get quotes in - which take 24-48 business hours plus it was told on a Thursday so there goes the weekend.

And then - to beat the band, per out of office reply go on vacation literally a day, maybe two before we're supposed to get paperwork to close sent us reeling. After finalizing the process - wanting to make sure our first payment is processed without a problem - email our lender and with a tone that came across as with an attitude- to rely on customer service. It’s just rude - when you know that person received a decent commission for the mortgage. At the end of the day - we're thankful to have gotten the funding for a dream but do not recommend Adam and do plan to pay this off ASAP to get away from the company.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

Drew was my loan originator and did a great job. I wasn’t pleased with my rate because I have Great credit, but I didn’t shop. My bad. We ended up closing late because of what would appear to be lack of organization on the back end folks at 21st. If I had to do again, I probably would have shopped around and taken my business elsewhere. I would not recommend them.

Original review: July 29, 2020

It's been good so far with 21st Mortgage. The process took 2 days and the loan officer was good. I like that I got approved but if I could have a better rate, I would go for it. I was having trouble with the first payment but that was ‘cause my account number was wrong.

Original review: July 27, 2020

21st Mortgage doesn't require such a high credit score. I was referred to them through a dealer and enrolling was a simple process. I had an issue with sending bank stuff and I had to know and show proof of every thing in my account. That was hard to do and I ended up having to send that in three times. Their reps explained I could just write cash. Other than this issue though, I was very satisfied working with them. Once I got everything in, things were closed within a week. They did a great job.

21st Mortgage Corporation Company Information