2. Mortgages

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.47/5

21st Mortgage Corporation is a financier that helps people find and pay for a mobile or manufactured home. It offers affordable loans for these types of homes, even up to 100% lending for the cost of their home and land. 21st Mortgage operates in most of the U.S, and it places a priority on customer service and supporting those looking to buy a mobile or manufactured home.

BOTTOM LINE

21st Mortgage is a full-service financier that helps those looking to buy a mobile or manufactured home. It also offers highly-rated customer service to help solve any problems customers might have.

PROS

• Available in most areas
  • Sells insurance
  • Offers up to 100% financing

CONS

• Loans only for specific home types
  • No preapproval for loans

Top 21st Mortgage Corporation Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Mortgage Corporation?

21st Mortgage was very easy to work with, answered an and all question quickly. The mortgage corporation was very polite and ... knowledgeable. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a new home.

In speaking with Robby **, he was very helpful and very informative in answering my questions. He was caring and respectful. He did an excellent job. I would highly recommend calling Robby if you are thinking about buying or refinancing your home.

What is 21st Mortgage Corporation?

21st Mortgage Corp. is a lender that specializes in providing financing to purchase mobile or manufactured homes. To apply for a loan, go to “Start Application Process” on the company’s website. From there, create a profile and start an application. You need the following information to fill out an application:

• Social Security number, Tax Identification Number or Matrícula Consular de Alta Seguridad
  • Estimated purchase price or estimated refinance payoff amount
  • Initial investment (down payment, land equity or trade value)
  • Home information (year and number of sections)
  • Proposed home site
  • Name of seller, retailer or realtor

After you have submitted your application, a 21st Mortgage loan originator reaches out to you with an application decision. If approved, you can move forward to receive a loan for your manufactured or mobile home. It should take as little as four to six weeks for home loans and six to eight weeks for loans involving any real estate for your loan to become available.

21st Mortgage Corp. loan rates and fees

21st Mortgage Corporation can offer up to 100% coverage on your home, and closing costs may be a part of the loan in some cases. The minimum loan amount is $21,980 for person-to-person lending and $13,737 if you are purchasing from a retailer.

Interest rates most commonly range from 5.99 to 11.99% at the time of publishing, but your rate, loan and down payment are determined by credit quality, occupancy type and loan affordability.

The company may charge fees, including for title transfer and appraisal or attorney costs for closing. 21st Mortgage Corporation handles any additional work on the loan, which helps customers save time and money.

21st Mortgage Corp. FAQ

Who owns 21st Mortgage Corp.?
Clayton Properties Group owns 21st Mortgage Corp.
Is 21st Mortgage a bank?
21st Mortgage is not a bank. The company is a full-service lender that works with loans for mobile and manufactured homes.
What credit score do you need to finance with 21st Mortgage?
There is no minimum credit score in most states.
Does 21 Mortgage offer services everywhere?
The company provides service in 46 states.

Is 21st Mortgage a good lender?

21st Mortgage is worth checking out if you are looking for a financer to help buy a mobile or manufactured home. Many banks do not offer loans for these types of homes, but 21st Mortgage gives customers support and 100% financing in some cases, which is a great option for those looking to move into their home soon.

21st Mortgage Corporation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I was going to get a house through the bank and some things happened with the partner that I had. Then, I came to a place where I didn’t want to have to worry about all the other stuff. So, I decided to try to get into a trailer. My realtor brought up 21st Mortgage and said that they were a pretty good company. So, that was the route I went. The application process was good but on the first trailer that I was going to buy, I had a lot of issues as far as communication. I went back and forth of sending something, then they asked me to send it again and again. But what that really boiled down to was that that home just wasn't the one that was for me. So sometimes higher powers make things not work. When the second process came up, everything clicked and the response from the reps was good.

I worked with a rep named Grant but I really didn't have too much communication with him. I didn't know whether they were super busy or what, but it was difficult for me and my realtor for a minute to get a hold of him. But sometimes things get tied up in other places as far as calls to go through or not. With COVID and all the other stuff going on, I understand that it’s difficult to get back to people. But anytime I ever did speak to him, he was always polite and always very informative on anything that I ever needed. I was also really impressed with my overall experience and how everything was wrapped up as far as the escrow and the house insurance, including the information that was delivered to me via mail. They made it really user-friendly and easy to get everything done. I was wondering if I had to pay my insurance through a separate company or get the escrow involved, but how 21st Mortgage had that set up was really neat.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

Most of the mortgage lenders in Utah County only do home loans and not mobile homes loans. When I searched on web to see who does on home loans on mobile homes, 21st Mortgage was one of the first companies that popped up on the website. Their people's tag and reviews looked more appealing than the other company. I submitted a very easy application online through 21st Mortgage. After doing that, I put a random number in because I wanted to see if I would even be approved before I started searching. So I put a loan out for 90,000 to see if I was approved and they approved me right away. After submitting the application, within an hour or two, they sent me a confirmation if I was accepted or not. They automatically gave me my approval notice and a loan officer to find for that approval notice.

My loan officer's name was Ryan and I liked that he would be very responsive through emails, which made things very easy. He would answer any simple question I had. Even if it was a question that I found a little harder, he’d give me that information very fast. He did great. I was 100% comfortable working with him. He made the process very simple and very informative of what he needed next to get the loan approved or finalized.

I give my props to Ryan because everything was basically done through email, back and forth. I would think he had a lot on his plate, but every time I sent a message out, he would get back to me promptly. I liked that from him. It's a very simple process to get approved as long as your credit score’s within 21st Mortgage’s range. They have a great leniency on the way your pay period falls. If you have to make a payment, they give you a good length of time to make that mortgage payment. I'd recommend 21st Mortgage to a friend that's looking for something within budget and I already have recommended somebody to them.

Original review: July 11, 2020

21st Mortgage Corporation is the only company I can find that finances the type of home I have. I did a 15-year mortgage with them and it was super easy. Everything was through email and scanning and everything. Ken was my loan manager person and he was absolutely amazing. He walked me through the stuff I didn't understand and explained them. I got furloughed during the middle of it and he was understanding and they put the loan on hold for the furlough type thing, but I didn't have to redo anything besides my proof of employment.

21st Mortgage Corporation worked it so well and Ken took care of everything. I felt really secure even though we were doing everything online and I didn't meet with someone face-to-face. The way the documents came in through the email was secured. Ken got back to me every day. He replied before I even rechecked my email. He was so fast and when I asked him to call me, he did. There were a few times when I wasn't able to get ahold of him 'cause he was on vacation and he had a voicemail thing saying he was on vacation, and then I should contact someone else and that person had all the information on files that I didn't. I still was able to do everything without him, but he still made me feel extremely safe. I was in really good hands.

The application was very easy. I filled out an application online and then Ken called me a couple of hours later and left a message. I never felt scammed or anything like that and I never felt like I was dropped either. It was just the right amount of information. I took a while because we were trying to go through some other stuff and I didn't get back to him right away. We were doing owner carry, so we weren't in a hurry. But he kept in contact with me and said that they were still there for me whenever I was ready. I've used companies here in town and I haven't even felt as secure with them as I have with 21st Mortgage Corporation. I referred 21st Mortgage to two other people after because I was just really happy with everything.

Original review: June 2, 2020

Mobile homes are hard to get into and it's a special field so I was afraid. 21st Mortgage was the second company we've gone with and I was afraid that there were gonna be difficulties but there really weren't. They are one of the only companies that would finance a mobile home without doing a foundation inspection and they made the process smooth and very easy for us. We got a fixed rate loan and it was a very positive experience. We were very pleased. It’s definitely worth one’s time to look into this company and go with them for a mortgage.

Sometimes the process can take longer but all in all, it took about seven weeks for us. You have to apply, wait for the pre-approval and then send in paperwork for the full approval. Next is the appraisal and then you wait for the paperwork to be processed and all the title information to be obtained. The only problem we had was the appraisal. It was third party and that's what held us up a little bit. We had to wait a while to get it back and then they had to fix something and we had to wait even longer. So if anything needed to be changed and/or looked into, it’s definitely the appraisal process.

But 21st definitely sped up the ending process – getting the title company and all the information done in a timely manner. We were on a time schedule and they definitely pushed us through that fairly quickly. They were very good about doing that. Nicki was my first contact and the one who completed the process. I think she was the loan originator. We had several others that did the title and handled all that but she was the main contact there and was very knowledgeable.

She helped me get through what I needed to get through to get done and she answered questions in a timely manner. I was an overload of questions but I'm pretty thorough in what I do. A lot of people don't have as many questions as I do but I was very happy with the interaction that we had. I touched base with her at least two to three times a week, sometimes more depending on what we were trying to get done that certain week. Email worked good for everybody because you can answer it whether you're in a meeting or stopped on the side of the road instead of trying to call back and forth. Then any time I called in, I got in touch with whoever I needed and if I didn't, somebody else would answer my questions to the best of their ability. We were very comfortable working with them. They were very effective and clear in addressing our questions and concerns.

Original review: May 26, 2020

Krysstal ** is the person that gave me outstanding care with my issues. Very prompt responding to any all emails, polite, service was out of this world and so helpful. I had never change my name or notified the Housing Authority of moving from one County to the next. I didn’t realize that when I had my home moved from Smith County to Henderson County I needed to even do that. And I had notified the insurance company that I have my home insured with about my name change and I guess I was thinking I was contacting 21st Mortgage.

My home and land has sold I was supposed to close on June 1. It was the first of last week that I found out all of this had to be done before we could go to closing. That’s where Krysstal came in to play. I explain to her what all had happened and what all I needed to do from what I understood and she got the paperwork done I got the name change information I had Overnighted all of that with a self-addressed Fed ex envelope for her to forward it onto the Housing Authority. If she would not have informed me on what to do and about the Fed ex sing the envelope to the Housing Authority I would’ve never thought of that which would’ve delayed my closing.

Between the drop of oil prices and the coronavirus I have been laid off. I decided that I would move back home in Brownfield which is up by Lubbock to be closer to family. Krysstal listen to everything I had to say and was very kind and patient. Due to her quick response and letting me know that everything has been completed and was correct I am going to get to close on June 1. I just want to thank her again. I would like to tell her again thank you so much!! She has been such a good person to work with. Thank you. Sharon **

Original review: April 3, 2021

We're very happy with the whole service from 21st Mortgage. The underwriting and application took a little while because the assistants weren’t on top of it. But the rep I worked with was wonderful and he was so down-to-earth.

Original review: April 2, 2021

Applying for a first-time homebuyer program with 21st was easy. The process took about three weeks. Communicating with the rep by email was good. Everything went well.

Original review: April 1, 2021

They were able to do things that other companies weren't able to do like to close the mortgage. I've had mortgages in the past and they had a lot of issues with stupid things that didn't make any sense. The only thing I didn't like with 21st Mortgage was it was hard to get in touch with the rep. My interest rate is also high, but I wouldn't have been able to buy the property without them.

Original review: March 31, 2021

I'm a new mortgage loaner with 21st Mortgage. I worked with their rep, Adam, and he was so helpful. My experience has been good but I wish they could lower their rate. Ordinary houses have a lower mortgage at 1% or 2.5% from the bank. 21st Mortgage for mobile or manufactured homes is different. They gave me a 7% rate. I'm paying on time and my second payment is on the 15th.

Original review: March 30, 2021

Brianna was very slow and clear as she explained my options to accomplish what I wanted to do. She allowed me to make the payment over the phone, which she said was no charge, and I just needed to tell her how much of the extra payment I wanted applied to the principal. I'll check my bank in 2-3 days to see if it was withdrawn but it would credit my account today. I also was not clear what Escrow meant everytime I looked at my last month's payment summary id see an amount in escrow. She did very well explaining that part as well.

21st Mortgage Corporation Company Information