2. Mortgages
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.39/5

21st Mortgage Corporation is a full-service, independent agency offering a large range of insurance products and specialize in mortgages for manufactured and prefabricated homes. When you contact 21st Mortgage Corporation, you can rest assured that our knowledgeable staff will educate you and ultimately assist you in finding the option that best suits your needs.

View More View More

21st Mortgage Corporation Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

We bought a mobile home and there are limited people that will actually finance a mobile home. 21st Mortgage was recommended by a realtor and the process was long, but that happens and it went fine. I’m here in California and they're somewhere 3 hours ahead of us. That is difficult for people on the West Coast because I would send them stuff and I wouldn’t get a answer until the next morning. They tried to be on top of it, but they don’t match our hours. I do accounts at work and I have a vendor that’s actually in India who works my hours. He comes in in the middle of the night to match my hours. In the same way, it would be nice if 21st had a couple of people that were able to do that, from underwriting to customer service. Adam, who helped us, was really nice and he stayed a little bit later, but still, it’s the time difference thing.

Another thing was it really wasn’t their fault that sellers were dragging their feet on stuff and there were some issues with the realtor and the seller. We had a little bit of a communication because they wanted to understand where my deposit was coming from for the down payment. Because it was coming from a third person, underwriting would say, “No,” and then Adam would tell me. And I’d say, “What exactly do you want me to tell you?” because of the timeline. Even with modern technology, I had to go into the bank and Wells Fargo is really nice. I had to get a confirmation about the deposits and that was a little bit more difficult than I thought it should be. But I understand why they want to know where the down payment is coming from. So, it seemed part of it was the time difference and part of it was not dealing directly with underwriting, which I understand underwriting doesn’t deal directly with the borrower but that was still a little difficult.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

My wife had a loan through 21st Mortgage for our home. I own the property and she owned the house. So we figured to just combine it all into one. Overall, the experience with 21st Mortgage was very good. Ryan, the one whom we dealt with, was very quick to reply to an email and was very professional. He was a pleasure to do business with. The only thing, I felt we were out of the loop on was that we had an appraiser that we paid to come out and do an appraisal on the property. But we didn't get any information on that.

I wasn't too keen with the lady that did all the notary as well. She was very sweet but she just seemed to be a little unorganized. We had to go back a second day to go meet. And we questioned one of the papers. We felt like we needed to sign, but she was like, "No, you don't need to sign that." We figured she knows what she's doing. She called me four days later that we needed to go back and sign that paper, and that was what was holding us up. Luckily, she wasn't that far from our office, so we were able to go meet up with her. It's still wasn't a bad thing. And my wife and I both were just waiting for something to pop that, "Oh, no. We can't do it." But we never got that.

We feel a lot better now that it's over. I still have questions because of the way it was though. It was two different pieces of properties subdivided that we all merged in together. And with you coming in only appraising one piece of the property, how does that work with the other piece of property. It was all paid for, but I'm just not sure how that falls into the equation. They could've explained that a little further. But Ryan was very good. The only downside was that we had to ask him, and he didn't hesitate to give us an answer even if he did not have the answer and shot straight and said, "I'm not sure about that. Let me find out." And he did. He followed up with us and he gave us the answer for the questions that we were asking.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I was aware of a mortgaged mobile home. My cousin was selling a home and 21st Mortgage was the mortgage lender she was aware of. The application process was pretty straightforward. There was direct contact but the majority of contact was through emails. Everything was done electronically pretty much. The application and underwriting took about a month. I took a pause.

But the need for an appraisal should have been upfront. I was approved for a loan and told I could go ahead and they would give me this much money for the loan. But once all of that was said and done, they were wanted to appraise the house because it was only worth $10,000. I had been told the entire process that I was getting $25,000 then was told there was quite a chance that I may only be getting 10,000. That happened right before the contract got sent. Everything else, like the background checks, was done. They said they needed this documentation and that documentation. But signing all the paperwork that was needed and emailing it was all done. We were then told that they had to have an appraiser come out and I had to spend $300-some on that appraiser.

When it came down to that we asked why this wasn’t told to us upfront and why were we waiting for the last-minute to be told this. Our loan officer's only reasoning was it was listed in the long list of documentation that was going to be needed and that that was what was going to be needed. But to me, I know for a fact it was listed second to last and that was the documentation. It was never brought up by her that it might be a good idea to get an appraisal first, especially because I couldn’t bring in my own appraisal company. I had to go directly through 21st Mortgage. Other than that, our loan officer was okay and I was confident working with her through the process.

It was all done online. They overnighted documents and stuff. I didn’t have to go in and meet with somebody in person because my schedule was really terrible and I had no time off. Everything could be done on the short 10-minute break that I had at work. I liked the ability to be able to contact my loan officer too. On the couple of times I called or the seller called, she got in contact with her. Now I have my very own first place.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I was going through a divorce and I needed a place of my own. My ex wife wanted me to rent an apartment while she kept the house but I didn't agree. So, I stumbled upon an alternative and that was a modular home. It's a double-wide type home, which is like a house. It’s on a slab and it’s got a driveway, a two-and-half garage, three bedrooms, two bath, and the whole bit. As far as my research went, there were not many lenders that lend for this type of house with a low rental. So, my realtor gave me a couple of options and I ended up doing an application online with 21st Mortgage.

The process was long and drawn out. I was also treated like I had bad credit. But I have excellent credit. The problem is, the interest rate is still high because I’m taking it as a high risk loan. It is so small that they have to give you a higher interest rate. But as someone who neither has his stuff together and take the pride in my credit score, I felt like I was still getting punished. And there should be guidelines to that. You could look at the history or look at my credit score before I get a 10 or 11% interest. So, I didn’t like that. But the fact that I’m in a house of my own again and I'm moving on, even though I have a mortgage now, makes it a lot easier.

Other than that, I liked the hospitality of the rep I dealt with, Jonathan. He was also nice and professional. He was lacking a little communication, but that was because apparently I was doing footwork for everybody. I had a deadline living with the ex, and I was doing all the running around and I was making things happen. It felt like it was all on me. Jonathan helped but things could’ve went a little smoother.

Still, 21st Mortgage helped me in the process of picking up the pieces and starting a new chapter in my life. My modular home was in remodel condition where I went in and had to paint things. I also made some updates. But to me, it’s a house. If I knew that this type of home was so cheap, I would’ve done this when I was younger instead of buying my first house. But buying a house is a lot easier. You can negotiate, haggle, and so on. With this, you really can’t. If you do, then you gotta go back to the lender and redo all the paperwork. Also, my loan process with 21st Mortgage took a month and a half to complete. It went quickly, but if it was a house it would’ve went quicker because of my credit score and the low interest. But that was me pushing it. I had to and I had no choice because I had a deadline to get out of the house of the ex.

Original review: May 29, 2020

I never had any problems with 21st Century, it’s a great mortgage company as far as I know. I will recommend them to other. I will recommend to my families and friends. Customer services is good. 21st Century is great in my book.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: May 29, 2020

I would like to thank everyone that works for 21st Mortgage I’ve been so Polite to us. Christina ** has always been there for us whenever we need it a question to be answered we appreciate everything she’s done for us. Thank you for continuing to helping us out. As a customer I will play people.

Original review: May 29, 2020

I would highly recommend anyone to choose 21st Mortgage. They are willing to help. We all know things come up. Things happen. They are here to help with anything for their customers. So if you are looking on purchasing a home go with 21st.

Original review: May 29, 2020

Our representative Ty was great! Very courteous and customer friendly. He answered all of my questions and gave helpful suggestions! I would definitely recommend 21st Century Mortgage to friends and family!

Original review: May 29, 2020

I needed help with my May 2020 payment due to COVID19 and after I provided a detailed list of my monthly bills, I was only approved to pay a lesser amount. My family is struggling financially and the manager (Corey) was VERY rude and made feel embarrassed for requesting help. Tancy **.

Original review: May 29, 2020

Bailee really worked with me to find a resolution with my payments in these hard times! It’s always a pleasure talking to her and never creates any stress. I have never had a problem with this company and they are always willing to work with me.

21st Mortgage Corporation Company Information