2. Mortgages

4.5/5 (577 ratings)

About 21st Mortgage Corporation

21st Mortgage Corporation is a financier that helps people find and pay for a mobile or manufactured home. It offers affordable loans for these types of homes, even up to 100% lending for the cost of their home and land. 21st Mortgage operates in most of the U.S, and it places a priority on customer service and supporting those looking to buy a mobile or manufactured home.

Pros

• Available in most areas
  • Sells insurance
  • Offers up to 100% financing

Cons

• Loans only for specific home types
  • No preapproval for loans

Bottom Line

21st Mortgage is a full-service financier that helps those looking to buy a mobile or manufactured home. It also offers highly-rated customer service to help solve any problems customers might have.

Top 21st Mortgage Corporation Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

21st Mortgage was very easy to work with, answered an and all question quickly. The mortgage corporation was very polite and ... knowledgeable. I would highly recommend this compa...

Verified

In speaking with Robby **, he was very helpful and very informative in answering my questions. He was caring and respectful. He did an excellent job. I would highly recommend call...

What is 21st Mortgage Corporation?

21st Mortgage Corp. is a lender that specializes in providing financing to purchase mobile or manufactured homes. To apply for a loan, go to “Start Application Process” on the company’s website. From there, create a profile and start an application. You need the following information to fill out an application:

• Social Security number, Tax Identification Number or Matrícula Consular de Alta Seguridad
  • Estimated purchase price or estimated refinance payoff amount
  • Initial investment (down payment, land equity or trade value)
  • Home information (year and number of sections)
  • Proposed home site
  • Name of seller, retailer or realtor

After you have submitted your application, a 21st Mortgage loan originator reaches out to you with an application decision. If approved, you can move forward to receive a loan for your manufactured or mobile home. It should take as little as four to six weeks for home loans and six to eight weeks for loans involving any real estate for your loan to become available.

21st Mortgage Corp. loan rates and fees

21st Mortgage Corporation can offer up to 100% coverage on your home, and closing costs may be a part of the loan in some cases. The minimum loan amount is $21,980 for person-to-person lending and $13,737 if you are purchasing from a retailer.

Interest rates most commonly range from 5.99 to 11.99% at the time of publishing, but your rate, loan and down payment are determined by credit quality, occupancy type and loan affordability.

The company may charge fees, including for title transfer and appraisal or attorney costs for closing. 21st Mortgage Corporation handles any additional work on the loan, which helps customers save time and money.

21st Mortgage Corp. FAQ

Who owns 21st Mortgage Corp.?
Clayton Properties Group owns 21st Mortgage Corp.
Is 21st Mortgage a bank?
21st Mortgage is not a bank. The company is a full-service lender that works with loans for mobile and manufactured homes.
What credit score do you need to finance with 21st Mortgage?
There is no minimum credit score in most states.
Does 21 Mortgage offer services everywhere?
The company provides service in 46 states.

Is 21st Mortgage a good lender?

21st Mortgage is worth checking out if you are looking for a financer to help buy a mobile or manufactured home. Many banks do not offer loans for these types of homes, but 21st Mortgage gives customers support and 100% financing in some cases, which is a great option for those looking to move into their home soon.

21st Mortgage Corporation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: May 7, 2021

My first contact with First American was by filling out the information on their website. Then I received a phone call from someone. They gave detailed information and were able to point us in the right direction, who we needed to talk to within the company. We received a preapproval status quickly but an actual approval took maybe a week and a half to finally hear back from somebody.

21st Mortgage's process is self-explanatory. But as fast as paperwork is sent, sometimes it does still take a little bit of time for things to process through. Making it easier to send paperwork back and forth would be a lot easier instead of having to wait for the snail mail to deliver stuff. Our seller moved to Florida and there were a couple times I had to go pay for postal service to send something to her. She needed to sign something but our original signatures needed to be on it somehow. And so, something like that would make it a little bit easier instead of having to wait for the snail mail to deliver stuff.

I wish the portal that is used when new paperwork is available for you to see or sign would notify a little differently to let you know that there is new update or new paperwork on your account. Also, once you click on it and you acknowledge, that it would relay back that you looked at it. I got sent multiple things of the same thing and every time I go click on it, and I get another email saying they needed me to look into something and it's the same thing over and over again. Some type of system where it acknowledges that the customer already clicked on it and read it or signed it would be good.

Drew, the loan officer who helped us, was fantastic. The only complaint that I had heard was when our title company was trying to get information or communicate with him, they were going through his assistant. I don't know if it was because of the pandemic or if they weren't working in the office or what the deal was, but the assistant wasn't relaying any information over to Drew or responding to emails so things were getting held up because of that. The communication between Drew and I was great but between the title company and him and 21st Mortgage, it wasn't.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 4, 2021

After I was denied a loan application for a repossessed home through Triad Financial, which is another manufactured home company, I did some searching. I saw that 21st was in the top five, so I applied online for the home and got approved. That particular home was in the state of North Dakota, and we're in the state of Texas now. When I spoke to Ryan, who was my loan processor, I loved working with him. He is a great asset to have. I said, "Tell me about what it's going to take. We're not looking at just a lot. We're looking at five acres of land that already has an established manufactured home on it, singlewide.” Ryan said, "As long as it appraises out, it doesn't matter the year, how many acres there are."

Although 21st's down payment was less than others, I paid for that in the interest rate that I had due to some unforeseen circumstances a couple of years ago. Other than that, Ryan said everything was good to go and reapplied for this home. It was easy for me to transition without having to go back through a different company, find something else, and find somebody else who can get me a rate. It was just a matter of we knew that they were in the back pocket. We looked at first time homebuyer opportunities but the home didn't qualify for it, so we said, "Well, we're already approved. Let's move forward."

The terms were fair, but I didn't care at all for the interest rate we were given. We knew that this was a two to three-year home before we would go into something bigger. This is a singlewide, but the intention is to have some more of a permanent home style or a double or triple wide. At that point in time, hopefully, the interest rates will be lower. It was a struggle for my fiancé when I was telling him what the interest rate was. His buddies and our friends were refinancing their homes at 2.3 and we were at 8.6. When we looked at it in the long term of things, it wasn't all that far off if were to just purchase land, not a home on it. They’re six and three quarters, maybe seven and a quarter percent.

We closed in 68 days and part of it was appraisal issues. I had to be in contact with the appraisal company to try and move things along a lot faster and quicker. That was a little frustrating, but we can't do too much about that. The night before we were closing, we had to do an emergency run through. I had to sign off on one sheet because of the appraisal side of it. I got everything through, but then they had technical difficulties and we didn't get our loan papers until mid-morning of the next morning. Other than that, I appreciated the fact that I could contact 21st, and I could be in the know of where things were at. I also appreciated the kindness that the employees were giving me and treating me with.

With the title company and our realtor though, I don't wish them goodwill. They set themselves up for the way that they were treated. I had to contact 21st Mortgage and say, "I apologize for the way that they have treated you." I'm not going through that realtor and that title company again. They're like, "Well, this is how 21st Mortgage is." I said, "You don't know what I have been through in the last 60 days trying to get this thing closed. You're here on the inside of it just wanting to get this done. Yes, I want to get it done too, but you can't tell me that they're being late on things or takes them forever. They didn't know that the appraisal company had changed things." I called 21st Mortgage and they're like, "We're still set to close on December 30th."

When I called December 28th to the appraisal company and said, "Hey, where's the appraiser at? This was supposed to be done last week or the week before." They said, "He can't do it now." We had to open it up to somebody else. I'm like, "Are you going to tell us that or are you going to tell the bank that?" We planned for December 30th, but we ended up closing on the 26th of January.

My experience with 21st Mortgage was phenomenal because of the fact that they allowed me to do things where I didn't have to wait on somebody else to do it. Ryan told me, "These are the people that you have to contact. This is their number. This is their email. This is how you pay them." If things weren't getting done, I was calling them. Some people might think that's the bank's problem to deal with, but the bank people have a lot of other things to do. If I can move this along and help them move it along, I'm benefiting myself out of this deal.

21st Mortgage is rated as high as they are because of the opportunity that I had gone through with them. The other fact of it is that they have employees who care, who stay beyond their normal time to get things done the day before closing. Even with technical glitches that occurred, we were still able to close on the same exact day that we had (it was our third closing date). We were still able to get everything done and be in compliance with what we needed to be done with.

In the market and in the situation that other banks were in, we closed in a very good timeframe. Based on the condition of the home and the sellers, they didn't think that their home was going to sell for at least six to nine months. We placed an offer on it in a week and a half of after looking at it and that was due to the fact that we were already preapproved with 21st Mortgage.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I was going to get a house through the bank and some things happened with the partner that I had. Then, I came to a place where I didn’t want to have to worry about all the other stuff. So, I decided to try to get into a trailer. My realtor brought up 21st Mortgage and said that they were a pretty good company. So, that was the route I went. The application process was good but on the first trailer that I was going to buy, I had a lot of issues as far as communication. I went back and forth of sending something, then they asked me to send it again and again. But what that really boiled down to was that that home just wasn't the one that was for me. So sometimes higher powers make things not work. When the second process came up, everything clicked and the response from the reps was good.

I worked with a rep named Grant but I really didn't have too much communication with him. I didn't know whether they were super busy or what, but it was difficult for me and my realtor for a minute to get a hold of him. But sometimes things get tied up in other places as far as calls to go through or not. With COVID and all the other stuff going on, I understand that it’s difficult to get back to people. But anytime I ever did speak to him, he was always polite and always very informative on anything that I ever needed. I was also really impressed with my overall experience and how everything was wrapped up as far as the escrow and the house insurance, including the information that was delivered to me via mail. They made it really user-friendly and easy to get everything done. I was wondering if I had to pay my insurance through a separate company or get the escrow involved, but how 21st Mortgage had that set up was really neat.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

Most of the mortgage lenders in Utah County only do home loans and not mobile homes loans. When I searched on web to see who does on home loans on mobile homes, 21st Mortgage was one of the first companies that popped up on the website. Their people's tag and reviews looked more appealing than the other company. I submitted a very easy application online through 21st Mortgage. After doing that, I put a random number in because I wanted to see if I would even be approved before I started searching. So I put a loan out for 90,000 to see if I was approved and they approved me right away. After submitting the application, within an hour or two, they sent me a confirmation if I was accepted or not. They automatically gave me my approval notice and a loan officer to find for that approval notice.

My loan officer's name was Ryan and I liked that he would be very responsive through emails, which made things very easy. He would answer any simple question I had. Even if it was a question that I found a little harder, he’d give me that information very fast. He did great. I was 100% comfortable working with him. He made the process very simple and very informative of what he needed next to get the loan approved or finalized.

I give my props to Ryan because everything was basically done through email, back and forth. I would think he had a lot on his plate, but every time I sent a message out, he would get back to me promptly. I liked that from him. It's a very simple process to get approved as long as your credit score’s within 21st Mortgage’s range. They have a great leniency on the way your pay period falls. If you have to make a payment, they give you a good length of time to make that mortgage payment. I'd recommend 21st Mortgage to a friend that's looking for something within budget and I already have recommended somebody to them.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

There are not a lot of lenders that loan for mobile homes. I talked with a lender that did mobile homes but the age of the mobile home I was looking at was too old so they recommended 21st. They specialize in mobile homes nationally. I found 21st online. I filled out their application and send it just to see what would come back. It came back with a positive result and I started the process. I kinda made the process longer because I kept finding places and after an investigation, I didn't want them. I kept finding things wrong with the places I wanted. Each time, I needed to start over with a new home, I would have to start the approval process over. I ended up doing the many parts of the process again and that didn't make sense.

It wasn't like I was okayed to $100,000 and just go find something I liked. There was one restriction. From the beginning of the applications to the end, there were a number of days it had to end or it was complete scratch do-over where they had to renew credit and it was as if the loan never happened and we did get to that point. I had to complete the loan no matter who I was with at X period of time. I went through three different homes in that period of time. It got down to where I just went over a little over the edge by five days. It got a little stressful in the last few days. The rates with 21st are a little on the high side but that's typical for mobile homes compared to conventional homes. You're not actually buying a home because they are considered chattel. It's like buying a car so it is different.

Original review: July 21, 2021

Very polite, very helpful, always helpful when I've called for anything. As long as you pay your payments I'd say you are in good hands. Always seems willing to help with any questions you might have. Would recommend.

Original review: July 19, 2021

Katie has great customer service and the company is great as well. Always willing to help and looking out for their customers. It is a joy to talk to them on the telephone and like I said they are so helpful.

Original review: July 8, 2021

We were asking customer service to process our loan so we could get a written authorization as soon as possible. The manager Jackie stepped in and hunted a check down in the mail room and personally took it to accounting so the loan could be coded and the letter can be sent either by email or faxed. She was super helpful and deserves praise and recognition.

Original review: June 22, 2021

It all went well. It was minimal contact but when I did have a question and called, they were right there and answered my question. But there could be a little more contact to say where we were at. They give you an average time in the beginning but once you turn in the papers, you don't hear and you're wondering what's going on. I also had sent in some papers and got feedback that they needed those papers. I had to do it again. That made things go a few more days later.

Original review: June 11, 2021

Amy was so understanding. Willing to work with me in this tough time. Thank you so much for listening and guiding me in the right direction! This time was tough on my family and you saved us this week.

21st Mortgage Corporation Company Information