2. Mortgages
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.31/5

21st Mortgage Corporation is a full-service, independent agency offering a large range of insurance products and specialize in mortgages for manufactured and prefabricated homes. When you contact 21st Mortgage Corporation, you can rest assured that our knowledgeable staff will educate you and ultimately assist you in finding the option that best suits your needs.

View More View More

21st Mortgage Corporation Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

My wife had a loan through 21st Mortgage for our home. I own the property and she owned the house. So we figured to just combine it all into one. Overall, the experience with 21st Mortgage was very good. Ryan, the one whom we dealt with, was very quick to reply to an email and was very professional. He was a pleasure to do business with. The only thing, I felt we were out of the loop on was that we had an appraiser that we paid to come out and do an appraisal on the property. But we didn't get any information on that.

I wasn't too keen with the lady that did all the notary as well. She was very sweet but she just seemed to be a little unorganized. We had to go back a second day to go meet. And we questioned one of the papers. We felt like we needed to sign, but she was like, "No, you don't need to sign that." We figured she knows what she's doing. She called me four days later that we needed to go back and sign that paper, and that was what was holding us up. Luckily, she wasn't that far from our office, so we were able to go meet up with her. It's still wasn't a bad thing. And my wife and I both were just waiting for something to pop that, "Oh, no. We can't do it." But we never got that.

We feel a lot better now that it's over. I still have questions because of the way it was though. It was two different pieces of properties subdivided that we all merged in together. And with you coming in only appraising one piece of the property, how does that work with the other piece of property. It was all paid for, but I'm just not sure how that falls into the equation. They could've explained that a little further. But Ryan was very good. The only downside was that we had to ask him, and he didn't hesitate to give us an answer even if he did not have the answer and shot straight and said, "I'm not sure about that. Let me find out." And he did. He followed up with us and he gave us the answer for the questions that we were asking.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I was aware of a mortgaged mobile home. My cousin was selling a home and 21st Mortgage was the mortgage lender she was aware of. The application process was pretty straightforward. There was direct contact but the majority of contact was through emails. Everything was done electronically pretty much. The application and underwriting took about a month. I took a pause.

But the need for an appraisal should have been upfront. I was approved for a loan and told I could go ahead and they would give me this much money for the loan. But once all of that was said and done, they were wanted to appraise the house because it was only worth $10,000. I had been told the entire process that I was getting $25,000 then was told there was quite a chance that I may only be getting 10,000. That happened right before the contract got sent. Everything else, like the background checks, was done. They said they needed this documentation and that documentation. But signing all the paperwork that was needed and emailing it was all done. We were then told that they had to have an appraiser come out and I had to spend $300-some on that appraiser.

When it came down to that we asked why this wasn’t told to us upfront and why were we waiting for the last-minute to be told this. Our loan officer's only reasoning was it was listed in the long list of documentation that was going to be needed and that that was what was going to be needed. But to me, I know for a fact it was listed second to last and that was the documentation. It was never brought up by her that it might be a good idea to get an appraisal first, especially because I couldn’t bring in my own appraisal company. I had to go directly through 21st Mortgage. Other than that, our loan officer was okay and I was confident working with her through the process.

It was all done online. They overnighted documents and stuff. I didn’t have to go in and meet with somebody in person because my schedule was really terrible and I had no time off. Everything could be done on the short 10-minute break that I had at work. I liked the ability to be able to contact my loan officer too. On the couple of times I called or the seller called, she got in contact with her. Now I have my very own first place.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I was going through a divorce and I needed a place of my own. My ex wife wanted me to rent an apartment while she kept the house but I didn't agree. So, I stumbled upon an alternative and that was a modular home. It's a double-wide type home, which is like a house. It’s on a slab and it’s got a driveway, a two-and-half garage, three bedrooms, two bath, and the whole bit. As far as my research went, there were not many lenders that lend for this type of house with a low rental. So, my realtor gave me a couple of options and I ended up doing an application online with 21st Mortgage.

The process was long and drawn out. I was also treated like I had bad credit. But I have excellent credit. The problem is, the interest rate is still high because I’m taking it as a high risk loan. It is so small that they have to give you a higher interest rate. But as someone who neither has his stuff together and take the pride in my credit score, I felt like I was still getting punished. And there should be guidelines to that. You could look at the history or look at my credit score before I get a 10 or 11% interest. So, I didn’t like that. But the fact that I’m in a house of my own again and I'm moving on, even though I have a mortgage now, makes it a lot easier.

Other than that, I liked the hospitality of the rep I dealt with, Jonathan. He was also nice and professional. He was lacking a little communication, but that was because apparently I was doing footwork for everybody. I had a deadline living with the ex, and I was doing all the running around and I was making things happen. It felt like it was all on me. Jonathan helped but things could’ve went a little smoother.

Still, 21st Mortgage helped me in the process of picking up the pieces and starting a new chapter in my life. My modular home was in remodel condition where I went in and had to paint things. I also made some updates. But to me, it’s a house. If I knew that this type of home was so cheap, I would’ve done this when I was younger instead of buying my first house. But buying a house is a lot easier. You can negotiate, haggle, and so on. With this, you really can’t. If you do, then you gotta go back to the lender and redo all the paperwork. Also, my loan process with 21st Mortgage took a month and a half to complete. It went quickly, but if it was a house it would’ve went quicker because of my credit score and the low interest. But that was me pushing it. I had to and I had no choice because I had a deadline to get out of the house of the ex.

Original review: June 2, 2019

The application was very easy and very quick. Everything was online. My mortgage loan officer, Ryan, was extremely quick in follow-up and answered all the questions that I had. He was was very helpful in providing guidance. He was awesome. I liked the way that he communicated and the knowledge that he had. He seemed like he was always available. He called me right back and kept me posted every step of the way. But once it was out of his hands, the back end was very slow and unresponsive. It’s like they are the people behind the curtain, which is, in this day and age, ridiculous.

I’m in the customer service business as well, and I would be in really big trouble if I did not respond or if I did not communicate. It was very difficult to get any answers. It was difficult to get the appraisal. I get that there are delays and people are busy, but this wasn’t a matter of being busy. The appraiser shared with me that out of the $600 that I pay, they get only $200 to do it. Nobody wanted to do it. Then on the closing end, it was like radio silence. There were a number of documents needed and they weren’t going through me. They were going through my realtor which I did not appreciate. So, there was a period of time where I had no idea what was going on, what’s the status or if it was even going to go through. 21st Mortgage could return an email, call me back and tell me what’s going on.

My expectations were a little bit too high for the completion process but my positive experience was more than it was negative. I appreciate everything that they did. At the end of day, everything worked out and I’m very happy. I’m glad that I went with 21st Mortgage. I would I do it again with them. They came through for me. It was a difficult piece of property and I understand that as well.

Original review: May 18, 2019

In our situation, 21st Mortgage Corporation was very good to deal with. At first, we contacted another broker and he referred us to 21st Mortgage. We only had 10% down and not many companies will finance with a 10% down for manufactured homes. Even though the interest was higher, we knew that going in. Plus, we don't need the loan for long. We only need it for a year until we sell some other property. And there was no pre-payment, so it was okay.

We filled out the application online, then a loan officer sent us the list of stuff they needed. We sent it back to him piecemeal via email and he sent it to the underwriters. Sometimes they’d say that that was it and sometimes they’d say that they needed something else. All in all, from the time we looked at the place and made an offer, it took three weeks, which surprised us. Also, the officer I worked with was amazing and very professional. He started every email with, “Hello, Mrs. **,” and “Hope things are well today.” He also answered emails immediately and if I left him a voicemail because I wanted to talk to him, he’d call me back immediately.

The only little area of concern I had was that I didn’t know what the fees were. It’s not like when you buy a house and you get a HUD-1. The information was piecemeal and I had to dig to find it. For people in different situations, they would probably like to see that all spelled out in some document somewhere before they get to the very end. Also, they don’t wire funds, which was a little weird. Everything has to be paper checks mailed back and forth. Wiring the funds would’ve cut down on the time when the seller got her funds. We also had a rebate from the seller for repairs, which had to be disbursed, paper-wise. Otherwise, considering that it’s a high-risk loan, it went pretty smoothly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Several times I had to remind mtg. co. that I wanted to pay all closing cost upfront. My final numbers right before closing showed me paying closing costs. The next morning at closing all costs were rolled into the loan. This process had already taken over two months and I could not hold up the closing by disputing this AGAIN. I will not do business with 21st Mtg. again.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

When searching for mobile loan, what a joke, we are treated as second class citizens, as a prior homeowner and not able to secure a small loan local, only because mobile home. But happy to find 21st Mortgage, but again not local, and no eye contact. I'm old School, like to look the person in the eye... But all went well so yes I'm happy, but sorry nothing local. Judy **

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Adam was quick to reply to my questions and made me feel comfortable during the entire process. Buying a home and downsizing is not something that a person does every day so during the process it was comforting to feel that the loan rep was on my side.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

Thank you Chris **! Kept us informed. Very professional. Super fast closing! Best company ever dealing with when getting mortgage! All staff was there when needed! Response time was awesome for any questions and concerns we had. Thank you 21st!!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

I highly recommend 21st Mortgage because of your neat and fast service. My mortgage generator Ryan ** was so amazing! Starting from the date he gave me quotes till I close it, his follow up and his patience in answering my questions was incredible!! The best customer service ever!!

21st Mortgage Corporation Company Information