4.30/5
  • 1 star
Based on 281 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

21st Mortgage Corporation is a full-service, independent agency offering a large range of insurance products and specialize in mortgages for manufactured and prefabricated homes. When you contact 21st Mortgage Corporation, you can rest assured that our knowledgeable staff will educate you and ultimately assist you in finding the option that best suits your needs.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 7, 2017

464 21st Mortgage Corporation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Chris ** was very Helpful. He did save us $1,000.00 on are Insurances. Very grateful for all his help.. Thank you and once again I really want to thank Chris ** for his speedy when closing. He made it happen very quickly.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

21st Mortgage was awesome. They were fast, answered all of my questions right away. I would recommend them again. They told me it would take six to eight weeks but it was less than four weeks. They sent my payment book right away. The only bad thing I could say is that the interest rate is high with them but they are loaning on mobile homes and it's hard to find a lender for a mobile home.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Was a very nice experience working with Ken! From start to finish, offering the best service overall I've ever run into. My clients were certainly very happy with his help with the purchase of his home. Ken is very professional and provided us with knowledge and make the transaction easy for me and my client. The transactions went by smoothly and without any trouble! I definitely would recommend Ken! It was a pleasure working with you again! Ken was a lifesaver! His work is incredible!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Dustin ** at Palm Harbor Tomball was extraordinary in helping me achieve my goal. I had no idea of the land development that had to take place from beginning to end. Even with all of the bumps I incurred, he professionally helped and guided me with satisfactory alternatives, thus paving the road for a smooth transition to complete homeownership.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I am very happy with the process as this was my first home purchase. The only thing I was frustrated about the process is not being able to communicate more through phone conversation versus email. A lot miscommunication could have resolve stuff faster. Other than that I am glad to be able to be a homeowner thanks to Adam and my realtor. He worked with me to ensure I got my dream home. Thanks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I purchased a mobile home in September with a private lien holder. 21st Mortgage allowed me to refinance this with no issues. The good communication between 21st Mortgage and myself helped make my transaction go smooth. This was a quick and painless transaction.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

We had a real smooth transaction doing our paperwork with 21st Mortgage in buying our home. There was a lot of paperwork that had to be done and 21st Mortgage was right there to help us. They made it a real pleasure.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

At the start, I was hitting the walls left and right. Nobody wants to finance a trailer. I made over $100,000 a year and it looked like nobody wanted to try to help me. I’m 60 years old, so it’s hard to find people that are looking at me in the long run. Finally, I just blew one time and a gentleman told me that he was the owner of the trailers. He told me about 21st Mortgage and that they will finance trailers. And 21st Mortgage did. They contacted me and they did what they said they were going to do. That means a lot to me. The experience has been good so far. They were real easy to work with and they helped me out by the whole nine yards financing my houses. They’ve really done me right, so I’m more than happy to give them my business.

The only thing I didn’t understand was the taxes that are going up because my mortgage payment went up. It wasn’t much, but it was a little bit. But the representatives have been real helpful and they explained to me that the taxes have gone up and the insurance has gone up on certain things through the years. They’ve been fair. I want to buy three more houses because I have a little ranch and then a place in Houston. I’m trying to buy a trailer for each place, so when I go down there I'm very comfortable. I’m hoping to use 21st Mortgage again if they give me a good rate.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I had an older aged mobile home which was not easy to get loans on. When I couldn’t find many other options for what I was looking for, 21st Mortgage was available for what I needed and helped me with it. The home loan process went very smooth and their rep, Scott, was in good communication with me. He was very personal, friendly, nice, and had good knowledge. Whenever I have questions, I got answers quickly and he would inform me and kept me in the loop whenever he knew of something. I’m very happy with his help.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I couldn’t find too many mortgages that would lend mobile homes in this park. Getting set up with 21st Mortgage Corporation wasn’t too hard because I had help from my real estate agent who sold my house. He helped me go through the process because 21st did a lot of stuff that I didn’t know what to do. We’ve been here since March and I already made six payments to 21st.

Their customer service representatives were honest. They told me that at this point in time I cannot get the extension on the years that I’m paying on. They had to put in at least three years into the loan in order for me to change the arrangement. And that it’s a rule that they have. Instead of giving me a 15 or a 20-year loan, they only gave me a seven-year loan because of my age. And then I asked them if I could get the loan extended to 15 years if I get a co-signer who is younger than me, and they told me that it wouldn’t work. I’m satisfied with 21st Mortgage and so far, the service has been okay. My only problem is that my payments are too high, and I’m not going to be able to keep it too much longer. So, I’m looking for another mortgage that’ll give me a refinance, so I can get more years and my payments will go down.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I have been with 21st Mortgage for several years now. Recently my family has went through some tough times. Bethany ** and Chad were very understanding and sympathetic to our situation. They helped me with a plan to get back on track and showed compassion and understanding. I think they are both great people and we are very thankful to both of them. Thank you both very much.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

We bought a mobile home and 21st Mortgage Corporation was the preferred lender we used. There's only a couple of them for the mobile home process in Reno, Nevada and they were the first one who gave us the loan. We are happy with the terms and they gave us a decent interest rate. We were told it would take between 45 and 60 days to close a mobile home and by the time we got all the inspections, our bills and everything else for the finance, about 45 days have passed. Mobile homes take a little longer than regular homes, but it was pretty painless. There wasn't much to do. We gave them all the information and had no problems. It was great.

It was my wife who dealt with them and from what I have been told, they were really courteous, friendly, and knowledgeable. They answered all of our questions, however, sometimes it would take them two or three days to send us an email back. But they always explained what they were doing. Plus, they treated us like people, and not just a number or a statistic. It was an easy process. We're quite happy and would recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

21st Mortgage Corporation's reps were great. They were very informative, friendly, and direct to the point. They knew their jobs. Plus, they made it simple and easier for my first time home buying experience. The process from beginning to end took three months. They are a good company with great people.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I bought a trailer from Solitaire Homes and they lined me up with 21st Mortgage Corporation. At the time that we were doing the closing, it was really confusing because they kept sending me paperwork and it was repeating itself. But I’ve been making my payment. And they’re holding up their end of the bargain. I’m happy with my trailer and everything.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

With 21st Mortgage Corporation, doing everything online including the payment and loan process was easy. Their reps were available to answer and explain the questions that I had such as certain fees that were on the loan that I didn't anticipate. The only thing is that the payment takes four days or even longer to be taken out of the bank so I never knew if it did go through. Other than that, they’re very helpful in buying a new home.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

21st Mortgage Corporation was what was offered to us by the dealer. I had a couple of questions when we were getting approved. I called and left about 10 messages that I never got a callback from the rep. Other than that, the process itself went pretty smooth. It took a little longer than we wanted to but that was just to get the paperwork together.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I purchased a mobile home and where I bought it from used 21st Mortgage. I've called 21st Mortgage once about the payment, but I wish they could talk with me more specifically my loan person so I could understand some more things.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I bought a mobile home and I was told that 21st Mortgage Corporation was my only choice for my financing needs because most banks didn’t want anything to do with mobile homes. The interest rate was high but they said that it's because it's a mobile home. I got diagnosed with congestive heart failure and got put on social security so I needed to get my son and myself some place to live that I could afford and we stepped into this. The home is ideal and it's what we needed.

Their loan process was good and the people were nice. Our rep was a very sweet and very knowledgeable lady. As we were signing the papers, if I had a question, she'd stop and put the papers and pen down and answered my questions to the best of her knowledge. She made sure that I understood and then went back to what she was doing. Also, we were on time restraint and they were willing to work with me. Buying a home is sometimes a real pain in the backside but this time, it was quick and painless. They seemed to do everything to make me feel at ease. I've recommended them to some of my friends and I would feel comfortable recommending them to anybody that asked me even to a stranger.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I took the opportunity to sign up for a mortgage with 21st Mortgage and I got approved for the loan. The process was very simple from start to finish and the reps showed no attitude while I was there. It was a good experience overall and I didn't have any issues.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I need to let you know that Zachary ** is an asset to your company. He has helped me during a tougher time period in my life. The way that she speaks and communicates with your customers is invaluable to a company. He is a true asset to your customers and I'm sure he is great around your office as well.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I got in touch with 21st Mortgage for a loan and the process was pretty quick. I had to put down quite a bit of money, but the loan is making my credit a little bit better, and I got a home, which was what I wanted. Everybody was nice and courteous. I only talked to their representatives on the phone one time, and they were good and they did their job. It was a good experience and eventually, it’ll take me to do better things.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I used 21st Mortgage years and years ago. I liked their service that I could call in and make my payment. It was easy and convenient. I was impressed with them so I thought I'd use them again. Teresa, the loan officer, helped with the process. She did well with the paperwork. They caught a little minor mistake that got corrected pretty fast. It didn't hold anything up and everything went pretty smooth. If I have any questions, I would just call them and ask. They're pretty informative on that end. I'd definitely recommend 21st Mortgage to anybody else. They've been excellent with me. We're going buy another home and we'll use them again. They're an awesome company that takes care of the customers and that's what's important.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

The sales agent we had gave us 21st Mortgage. The home loan process was a good experience. However, they kept on asking the same questions over and over all the time which was not unusual. They gave us one thing and then the next couple of days they’d want something else, instead of doing it all at one time. But the rep was excellent and prompt in giving us the information. He was easy to get a hold of and would return the phone calls. We have no title yet for our unit for four and a half months now. I'm going to wait a couple more weeks before I give them a call.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

A retailer told us about 21st Mortgage Corporation. Their service has been good so far and I'm happy with them.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I called in to the bank this morning to make my monthly house payment. I spoke with Elise. Immediately she was polite and on top of my account. Every month we pay an extra $1000.00 to be applied to principal. Every month I have to call and ask if the $1000.00 was applied to principal and every month it was not. In December 2016 a note was posted to our account for accounting to make sure that they apply it but somehow it never gets done. Today Elise is the first person that has actually had a normal conversation with me. She didn't just want to get my payment and hang up. She honestly tried to figure out what is going on with my account that is happening every month. She was the kindest, most sweetest person that I have talked to since we started banking with 21st last year. I pray her work doesn't go unnoticed!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I was looking for a mortgage for a mobile home and the first company turned me down. They recommended that I go to 21st Mortgage and their rep, Josh, was good. However, I was 15 days late for a payment and I was sick for six weeks. I felt harassed by them as far as getting the payment to them. I said I would make a payment on a certain day, which I did. Then I paid $100 more than I would’ve had to on that day and then I talked to them about paying an extra $100 the next payment just to stay ahead of the game. But I was told that he needed to check with his supervisor to see if they would even allow that.

Then, the supervisor gets on the phone and basically lectured me. She said, “This is how you should be doing things. This is how you handle finances. This is how you pay.” I said I would pay the payment. Before I had a chance that morning to call them, they called me and said, “Okay. We’re calling. We need that payment today. How are you planning to make that payment?” They give mortgages to people who aren’t on top of the credit listing, yet they make sure they get their money.

Today is November 1st and I’ve made arrangements. I get my social security the third Wednesday of the month and I will make my November payment, paying extra. I have to continue doing this until I can get caught up to be able to make it on the 1st. I understand they want to keep people on track and they don’t want them to get too far behind. They gave me the mortgage and I reassured them multiple times I have no plans to lose my home. 21st is good, but to continually call me, that was excessive.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

21st Mortgage Corporation was the company that came up with the best feedback for buying a home. All their representatives were good, though I had a little problem getting all of my stuff to them. I had sent it and the representatives would say they didn't have it, then they'd find it. But other than that, everything was fine. It closed on time and we’re very happy with the experience. I also would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

21st Mortgage Corporation does what it speaks and I’ve had excellent service so far. They were the best economics for the housing we bought at that time and the process took around three weeks. We had a couple of phone calls and emails with the lending processor to verify stuff. It was very easy and was easier than buying a car. The reps were very knowledgeable and had answers to everything that we had questions about. It was an exceptionally rewarding experience and one of the easiest finance operations I had to go through.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

21st Mortgage was a good finance company for new homeowners. Nicholas referred me to the company. The loan process takes time but it was no problem. The entire process took me 4 months. I had a good representative. He would get back with me every day, emailed me back and let me know how the process went to update me on everything. I will refer them to someone in need of buying a home.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

We bought a manufactured home and 21st Mortgage Corporation was easier to work with through that situation. We were only getting it for about $40,000 and we just had to provide all the paperwork that they needed. Their rep, Ryan, was always quick with the responses. If we came to him, if I tried to call him or left a message he got right back to me. If we had a question, he had an answer. If he didn’t have it, he would say he'll get it and get right back. The customer service, the follow-up and the follow through was what he said he was going to do. He always did it. It means a lot when you're trying to get something done, when you see somebody is trying to work with you. I would recommend this company. They did a great job.

21st Mortgage Corporation Company Information