4.6/5 (473 ratings)

About 21st Mortgage Corporation

21st Mortgage Corporation is a financier that helps people find and pay for a mobile or manufactured home. It offers affordable loans for these types of homes, even up to 100% lending for the cost of their home and land. 21st Mortgage operates in most of the U.S, and it places a priority on customer service and supporting those looking to buy a mobile or manufactured home.

Pros

• Available in most areas
  • Sells insurance
  • Offers up to 100% financing

Cons

• Loans only for specific home types
  • No preapproval for loans

Bottom Line

21st Mortgage is a full-service financier that helps those looking to buy a mobile or manufactured home. It also offers highly-rated customer service to help solve any problems customers might have.

Top 21st Mortgage Corporation Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

21st Mortgage was very easy to work with, answered an and all question quickly. The mortgage corporation was very polite and ... knowledgeable. I would highly recommend this compa...

Verified

In speaking with Robby **, he was very helpful and very informative in answering my questions. He was caring and respectful. He did an excellent job. I would highly recommend call...

What is 21st Mortgage Corporation?

21st Mortgage Corp. is a lender that specializes in providing financing to purchase mobile or manufactured homes. To apply for a loan, go to “Start Application Process” on the company’s website. From there, create a profile and start an application. You need the following information to fill out an application:

• Social Security number, Tax Identification Number or Matrícula Consular de Alta Seguridad
  • Estimated purchase price or estimated refinance payoff amount
  • Initial investment (down payment, land equity or trade value)
  • Home information (year and number of sections)
  • Proposed home site
  • Name of seller, retailer or realtor

After you have submitted your application, a 21st Mortgage loan originator reaches out to you with an application decision. If approved, you can move forward to receive a loan for your manufactured or mobile home. It should take as little as four to six weeks for home loans and six to eight weeks for loans involving any real estate for your loan to become available.

21st Mortgage Corp. loan rates and fees

21st Mortgage Corporation can offer up to 100% coverage on your home, and closing costs may be a part of the loan in some cases. The minimum loan amount is $21,980 for person-to-person lending and $13,737 if you are purchasing from a retailer.

Interest rates most commonly range from 5.99 to 11.99% at the time of publishing, but your rate, loan and down payment are determined by credit quality, occupancy type and loan affordability.

The company may charge fees, including for title transfer and appraisal or attorney costs for closing. 21st Mortgage Corporation handles any additional work on the loan, which helps customers save time and money.

21st Mortgage Corp. FAQ

Who owns 21st Mortgage Corp.?
Clayton Properties Group owns 21st Mortgage Corp.
Is 21st Mortgage a bank?
21st Mortgage is not a bank. The company is a full-service lender that works with loans for mobile and manufactured homes.
What credit score do you need to finance with 21st Mortgage?
There is no minimum credit score in most states.
Does 21 Mortgage offer services everywhere?
The company provides service in 46 states.

Is 21st Mortgage a good lender?

21st Mortgage is worth checking out if you are looking for a financer to help buy a mobile or manufactured home. Many banks do not offer loans for these types of homes, but 21st Mortgage gives customers support and 100% financing in some cases, which is a great option for those looking to move into their home soon.

21st Mortgage Corporation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

It was the first time I've ever done something like this and it was fine. The application process with 21st Mortgage was straightforward and the online website was simple and responsive. So, I have no complaints there and I was happy it all worked out. The application and underwriting process took about 20 minutes at most. It was a little difficult though to get in contact with people at the office and get a response that same day when I can’t always send emails outside of work. They close at 6:00 Eastern time, which is 3:00 over here and I get out at 4:00 as well as my sister. They could maybe have a helpline after closing or someone else who is able to respond after 3:00 PM. But when they were open, they responded quickly.

Bryan, the rep from 21st Mortgage, responded quickly anytime I sent him an email at the office. He presented us the information that we asked for and always provided a little more as well. But when I asked him a question, he would tell me the answers to it and if I had more questions, he would be specific and answer it. But 21st Mortgage could have handled differently the amount of information we got during the closing escrow costs. But it was probably more with the Realtor that we were dealing with too.

We were misinformed with what money was supposed to be had at closing and we had to take out a mall personal loan to try to fix that. Thankfully, the closing date was future-dated so it gave us a day to get that loan and come up with the rest of the money that was needed for the closing cost. 21st Mortgage got me a good loan. It’s difficult with the mortgage for mobile homes and there are not many options out there with today's market. But they were helpful for me. If people are looking for the same thing or something similar, 21st Mortgage is a very good choice to go with.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

We lived in a trailer home and we financed it through the park so there was no outside entity. We paid a mortgage directly to the park along with the taxes, and then the lot rent, water, and sewer. The trailer that we were at was a 1971 Valiant. It wasn't worth putting any more money into and we were starting to have issues. The furnace kept going. The deck was sagging. The yard was really small. So, I had inquired on a website that was a trailer home because I wanted to find out if the park accepted dogs because I have two.

When I had inquired on that website, I thought I was speaking with the park but I was speaking with Cross Country Mortgage. They set me up with a real estate agent. His name was Ron. I got approved for something like 150,000 on a house so we started looking for a house. We got disappointed three times, and I was like, “Okay. This is too much. I cannot emotionally take this anymore. Let's shoot for something lower.” We were being outbid. Houses needed everything from the asbestos tile. It’s was all kinds of crazy stuff, and I was like, “I cannot do this. Let's keep where we're at and look for something better, so look for something nicer.” So when I spoke to Ron, he talked to his boss and his boss recommended 21st Mortgage and said that they were specific in mobile home loans.

When he got with me with that information, I contacted 21st Mortgage. Within 24 hours, they were back in contact with me and sent me a list of the things that they wanted. I already had them on my phone because I just sent them to Cross Country. So, I sent all that to them and the process started. From that point on, it was truly seamless. There were only a few little glitches like the website asked me for my current residence. So, I sent a copy of my current lease. They thought that that lease was the lease for the new place and that kind of got messed up. I was like, “No. That's for the old place.” The rep asked me for my current address. I figured a lease would suffice, and my current address where I'm currently living at. So, we got all of that. They were right on it with whatever it was that I needed to clarify.

21st Mortgage was truly amazing. They walked me through everything every step of the way. It was really nice with them explaining everything because I had never purchased a home or trailer. I didn't even understand what I was doing then, but they took the time to explain everything to me step by step and what to expect going forward.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

The process for the mortgage was very smooth, rapid and really simple. When we applied, they approved us in less than 24 hours. They gave us a list of things that they needed. We sent them and we had the appraisal done. There was a problem with the title, but they worked very diligently to handle it and get resolved. We did everything over the phone or through the mail. The first gentleman we spoke to worked through it with us and then he went on vacation. Unfortunately, he did not give me the name of the person who was taking over for him, so I went through three people. That upset me. I understand people have to go on vacation, but there should have been someone dedicated to take over our account.

I got to the point where I was getting so frustrated. It wasn't their fault. It was the owner’s fault, because of him messing with the titles. But they were all very helpful. I was, at one point, hysterical, and they calmed me down and said, “We'll get through this.” They were very personable. They didn't just say, “We'll get through it. Don't worry about it.” They were very nice about it.

We would have enjoyed a lower rate, but our credit scores has a lot to do with that. We were a little shocked at the rate. I get a Social Security disability and my husband made enough money to get the mortgage on his income. However, my credit score is higher. They used his credit score because of his income. They didn't include my income, they looked at my credit score, but did not include my credit score in the process. If they would have used mine as well, we could have gotten a lower rate. But I'd still recommend 21st Mortgage.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

The application process with 21st Mortgage was a little lengthy but I understand why. I didn't see too many unnecessary criteria that they were looking for. The process was straightforward and to the point. All the way to closing, it took a month and a half. The rep was very knowledgeable and it seemed like he'd been with the company for a long time. He tried to get me the best rate for the home for a 17-year mortgage but he did a great job. He walked me every step of the way. What impressed me the most was that he was very knowledgeable of the home loans for mobile homes especially. And whenever I did have a question that I thought was a big deal, he would get back to me within minutes sometimes. He was very willing to listen to me and help me out through any of the rough patches I had overpricing and fees. There were a few times when I was hit by unexpected fees but he walked me through it and assured me everything was fine.

My rate was 7.5 which wasn't that outrageous and I liked it. But I wished we could have pushed the terms a little bit further and given me a couple more years. But it's fine. Everything should go according to plan. It's good to go to 21st. They have reputable people working there. They get everything done in a quick amount of time. I would definitely recommend them especially if you're looking for a mobile home.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

The 21st Mortgage Corporation rep was nice, but he didn't communicate very well. Because even the guy we purchased the home from had issues with him just communicating. But other than that, he was polite. Even when they were paying the guy, he told him to overnight it. And the guy told me to tell him, instead of him calling him, he told me to tell him that it'd be two nights 'cause of the area he was in. And I told him, and then he told the guy, “You could have told me that you couldn't overnight it to this office and I could have went to my other office that I was supposed to work at anyways, and you could have overnighted it."

The application to closing took over a month. But that was a lot on our side, too. We were trying to work out a number with the guy we were buying from. So it took a bit longer. Because we were trying to get the price down. The timeframe was getting ready to run out because I had to redo an application if we didn't get it done quick. But I had seven days before that when we got it done. Other than that, everything went smooth. After that, we got our Payment Book and I set up an online account so I could access it online, which I prefer.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I was very pleased to work with Drew **. He helped me through the buying process and made it so easy especially since I hadn’t bought a house for years. He kept me appraised throughout and I’d recommend him to anyone.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I spoke to Kiera about making a payment, and she was wonderful on the phone. She was friendly and kind. She spoke clearly and double-checked my routing number and my account number. She's a great call representative and financial representative. She asked before putting me on a hold and never transferred me to someone else, so she was amazing in my book.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I had a great experience refinancing through 21st. Katherine P was always available to answer any questions I had. She does this everyday, but I do not. She made the process less stressful! It was done so quickly. Thanks to all!

Original review: May 6, 2022

On 5/5 I called for assistance with information to payoff our home loan. I was very pleased with the speed, accuracy, courtesy, and convenience of the transaction. I fully expected to be requested to send a cashier check, so when I learned I could do a check by phone with no fees I was very glad.

Original review: May 6, 2022

Drew is very knowledgeable for the task he is providing our customers. Then main thing is for first time home buyers to gain more knowledge of the process of purchasing their house through you. Other than that he went pretty smoothly.

21st Mortgage Corporation Company Information