4.20/5
Based on 324 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

21st Mortgage Corporation is a full-service, independent agency offering a large range of insurance products and specialize in mortgages for manufactured and prefabricated homes. When you contact 21st Mortgage Corporation, you can rest assured that our knowledgeable staff will educate you and ultimately assist you in finding the option that best suits your needs.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 17, 2018

538 21st Mortgage Corporation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I've had a good experience working with 21st Mortgage Corporation. I'd recommend going with them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I was looking to purchase a manufactured home and 21st Mortgage contacted me. Their loan officers were really good about telling me upfront what they needed, or if something was wrong. I just got all the information and documents they needed sent over to them back and forth. It took a while to get done because things either got rejected or came back because they were missing information. Overall, 21st Mortgage is a good company to use.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

21st Mortgage Corporation was the only option and available to me when I was looking into a mortgage because I wanted to move out of an apartment and own something. First, I found the trailer that I wanted. The real estate agent that I was working with was the one who did all the application with me for 21st. The loan officer was all right but I didn’t feel I was kept up-to-date much. I kept calling him to ask questions and find out different things about like if I was approved and when I would be able to move in. Then, it was handled between them when I found that I was approved. If a friend asks me about 21st, I’d tell them to give it a try and to see what they can do.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I was having tough times and 21st Mortgage really changed my mindset. I worked with Ryan and Jeremy. They was awesome. They understood where I was coming from when I told them my situation. I give both of them 5 stars and they deserve a raise. I informed them that I only want to work with them if I have problems. No other supervisor. Keep up the good work guys. You have a happy customer.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Over a different lending provider, 21st Mortgage had a better rate. We got a manufactured home loan from them. The mortgage process went fine although I had to submit my documents more than once because they didn’t get them or couldn’t find them. 21st Mortgage wasn’t exceptional but they weren’t awful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

We were buying a mobile home and 21st Mortgage specialized in them so that's why we chose them. The process went very well but 90 pages of closing documents was a little excessive. Even so, the interaction with the loan officers was excellent. They were all very good. They responded when I had questions and there was never an issue with any of them. We were just happy with the experience. It was done fairly quickly and smoothly. I'd definitely tell others to use 21st because they were good. It was our first time buying and they were extremely helpful.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

21st Mortgage Corp. was the only company that would deal with the manufactured homes. The mortgage process went really well, and my interaction with Nikki, my loan officer, was fine. I know she was busy but she got back to me in a timely manner for the most part. All my questions were answered as soon as she had the answers for them. 21st Mortgage is a good company, and I would tell my friends to go ahead and go through them.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

The interactions with the loan officer at 21st Mortgage were fine, they've done well and I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I was buying a home and got a mortgage from 21st Mortgage since there aren't too many mobile home mortgage companies out there. I filed my paperwork, gave them numbers, and they figured it out from there. However, there were little hiccups. There were things that understandably took time, but there were other things that shouldn't have taken as long as they did. But it's give and take. I'd recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

If I could give 21st Mortgage a negative star rating, I would. We had a mortgage with them for almost 10 years, paid on time every month, FOR TEN YEARS. In December 2017 this company was going to force place a liability insurance policy for $600 on our mobile home - even though my insurance company had already sent them proof of coverage (our policy renews in December). Anyway, that was taken care of and they told me it was an oversight and they cancelled the policy... but this was the last straw for me. My husband and I decided to re-finance our home (because we got a better interest rate anyway)...

I let 21st know that we were re-financing and that since I did not trust their company to give me any over payment, if there was one back, that we would not be paying our payment that was due on December 15... because of Christmas etc. It was the beginning of January before our appraisal came through, but long story short - 21st received their payoff for our mortgage on January 19 - FOUR DAYS PAST THE 30 DAY MARK. They reported us as late to the credit bureau, even though they were PAID OFF AND WE HAD NEVER BEEN LATE BEFORE. I was told by my bank loan officer that if they wanted to, 21st could remove this from our report and that if they were a DECENT finance company they would, because this negative remark dropped our credit score 80 POINTS!!!

When you work so hard to pay your bills on time it is very disheartening that a company could treat a "valued"customer this way. So, I call John **, head of credit bureau reporting and he basically told me that we had been great customers but he didn't give a crap and would not help us. I would LOVE for Timothy Williams, President and CEO to contact me so I could PERSONALLY tell him what a terrible company he has. If you are thinking about doing business with 21st, DON'T! It will be the worst mistake you have ever made. They made a mistake in December doing something practically unethical to us, yet cannot forgive us for being 4 days past 30 days late because we were PAYING THEM OFF.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I went through a bunch of realtors to see who covered modular homes and who will accept my application. Then I found 21st Mortgage Corporation. I called them and said I'm looking for a module at home. I needed to see if I'm qualified. The gentleman who helped me was polite and he did what he could for me. I was able to get the loan but I wasn't impressed with the loan officer because I think that he kept pushing me off. Everything that he wanted to do was online and I don't have a computer. I also had to fax them $100 worth of paperwork but he said he didn't get it. That's when my realtor took over. I didn't have to deal with 21 because my realtor did it. I was the third party.

Also, I have not received anything in the mail yet and then I had to call them and ask them if my taxes are covered by them. They said yes but I didn't know that. I never got any paperwork and I don't have anything stating what my coverage is, how much I paid, what I put down, and what my interest is. All I have is a payment book. I was a little disappointed on the paperwork but all in all, 21st Mortgage is a good company.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I can honestly say that my experience with Kam and Taylor on January 30th, 2018, made me change my perspective about 21st Mortgage. Both these ladies really helped me out when I needed it the most... I have been going through a lot and these two actually seemed to have compassion and willing to help my financial status. My suggestion is to go ahead and answer the call and talk because they really want to help you... but they need to know what is going on otherwise they think you are just ignoring them. AGAIN A SPECIAL THANK YOU ~ KAM & TAYLOR... GOD BLESS Y'ALL!!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

The real estate agents helped me look to see what lending company was qualified for me and 21st Mortgage Corporation was the first one that qualified me. Their application process was good. I gave my Social Security, my pay stub, my W1's, and my tax information. Everything was done in three months although I didn't know that it has higher interest rate and I thought it was the same as housing. I gave my information to the Realtor and got all the information through the mail. So far, I've only called their rep two times, to tell them that I want to put in more money for the down payment and to ask them the reason for the change of interest to 7.5 because I had a different home that I chose before and that was at 6.75. Overall, 21st Mortgage is a good company and I had a very nice experience with them.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I recently purchased a mobile home and mobile home mortgages are tough to come by since not all lenders provide them. I contacted several companies and I liked 21st Mortgage. They were very easy to work with and was recommended by the selling agent. I mailed the offer on the mobile home, contacted 21st Mortgage, and I scanned and emailed them with some paperwork like bank statements and my income. It wasn't difficult. They called me with a few questions and within a week, I was approved and the loan went through the process. I was very surprised.

The application process was very simple. The 21st Mortgage team members were very available, responsive, professional, helpful and nice to deal with. Moreover, the agent I worked with was there 24/7. I had a question and it was after 9:00 PM when I sent a text, however, he called me back immediately. I live in Florida and I have to get the motor vehicle registration yearly, which I didn't know, but they handled it. The closing was very fast and only took about 20 days. I've bought three homes in the past and this was the easiest one.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I bought a house and I needed a loan for the mortgage. My realtor then found 21st Mortgage. She handled everything. However, we had a problem with the guy from 21st Mortgage. He went on a vacation twice and he took forever to do everything. Once, he even sent the wrong paperwork. Finally, he got everything together and the people at the office rushed everything. The whole process took two months to finish and it shouldn't have taken that long. I was supposed to move into the mobile home before Thanksgiving but I didn't get in until the second week of December. My realtor told me that this was the hardest process she has ever encountered and the hardest mobile home she has ever had to sell. If my friends would ask me about 21st Mortgage, I'd tell them to find somebody else, or don't go with an out-of-state loan officer.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

The guy who I got my mobile home from recommended 21st Mortgage because of their interest rate. I also did my research and spoke with several people and they were the best ones to deal with. Everything went well with the loan officer, but we were held up because of the proof of income. He didn't understand the payroll because the mother of my daughter is a home care nurse and her pay stubs come from five different houses where she works. It was also rough to send emails back and forth since our times are different and my work schedule is rough. The process then took about four months to be finished. But I appreciated what 21st Mortgage did and they were great.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I wanted to buy a new home and 21st Mortgage was the only one who gave me an option and the only company that would finance a mobile home. However, I feel like 9.5 or 10.5 percent interest is a bit ridiculous and they said there was no negotiating on it. The process took three or four months, and I had to come up with all kinds of information. I had to wait because everybody was taking so long. They were saying that they were waiting on this and that from whoever. The loan officer was a little hard to get a hold of, and my girlfriend had to call her to remind her to do stuff. The loan officer would have the information but didn't send it through or email it out. Having to send it to somebody, I found out that it was just three floors up, and it took 48 hours to get to that department. When she told me that it was in the same building, I started rising, and then they started to move forward from there.

Also, we are to give up our place of residence when we were told they were going to sign on this date, and we didn't sign for another month or so. That was why I was getting a raid on them. Right now, the interest and the year-end tax are all that I can think of. I would like to go get the tag for the mobile home, and I was told the tax should be sent in. Almost nobody answers on the weekends, sometimes, even during the week, and the phone just rings even when you dial the extension. Personally, the loan process took a little while, but it may be different for different people.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

If a friend were buying a mobile home, I would definitely recommend 21st Mortgage. It's a good place to get a home loan. We were buying a mobile home and we found somebody to work with who uses 21st Mortgage. Since I'm on the West Coast and they are on the East Coast, I could call them at 6:00 o'clock. I work all day and I can't make phone calls during the day.

Since this is my first home, we had to do a lot of paperwork. Luckily, I had most of it. It was just a matter of getting it all scanned at the proper time and getting the pre-approval letter. There were a lot of phone calls and texting too. And I worked with John who was very helpful. He answered all my questions, and he was always available even when he was very busy. He had always put me on hold and then got the call. He was also good about getting back on the emails when I have questions.

Then we went to Pacific Manufactured Homes as they were dealing directly with 21st Mortgage. It was a little confusing at first because I would get emails asking me for this and that, and there was a communication gap too since I was still dealing directly with 21st Mortgage. And then my representative from Pacific would tell me that they were already taking care of it. But so far, everything's good. I know exactly how much we owe and when it's due because 21st Mortgage sends us our payment book. We're very happy with how everything went.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

My experience with a financial counselor Andrew ** and his supervisor Derek, was one of the most humiliating experiences. I fell behind 2 months when my husband was sick & in the hospital for 3 months. I did not contact 21st due to fear and my own personal issues. It is “my belief” and I stress MY own belief, that these men need to go back for customer service training. They made me feel humiliated and were talking down to me as if I was a beggar. The customer service provided by supervisors was deplorable. I wish I NEVER had purchased and got a Mortgage from them.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

We wanted to buy a manufactured home and we went with 21st Mortgage Corporation through a recommendation from a realtor. I dealt with 21st Mortgage in updating our loan and I provided them proof of income, tax forms, and everything one needs to get a mortgage. It was a journey with a lot of work. The interest rate is really high but the application process was fantastic, which took about 20 days. The guy I dealt with was extremely responsive. I emailed him my questions and he would put in a couple of offers. He then got the pre-approvals done, was definitely nice to us, and did really well with keeping up. His customer service was most impressive, and I felt very comfortable working with him. It was a great experience with 21st Mortgage Corporation.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I purchased a new home for myself and at the time, 21st Mortgage was the only one that had a decent enough deal that worked for me. The process was really simple and easy. I have had more issues with the realtor than I did with 21st Mortgage. However, they lag on certain steps and make the process a little longer than it needs to be, which, from what I hear, is average for them. It took five weeks, two weeks longer than what I was expecting.

Up front, I was trying to get a pre-qualification with actual information on changes. However, they did not seem to want to give me a range of pricing. I had to give them all the details about every single home. I couldn't just get an estimate on a price range which made it harder to find a home and get something done. Other than when he was on vacation, the rep I talked to jumped right on the ball and got stuff going. He was gone on vacation for quite a bit between the time I first started looking and the time I finally purchased one. To get the info on what my quote would be on certain houses, I had to wait until he came back. It was difficult but it worked. 21st Mortgage was there to go through the process with me. Although a little bit slower, they followed me through it and made it happen.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

My boyfriend and I were looking at buying a piece of property to use as a stepping stone so we could buy a house. We didn't have the credit so we didn't qualify for a house. And we didn't want an apartment because with that you can't own those kinds of things. We found a mobile home partnered with 21st Mortgage so we ran our credit to see if we get approved. We had to put almost $14,000 down for the house itself as it was a requirement since we didn’t have the credit. They approved us then we went through the process, filled out all the applications and provided them with all the information they needed. Then after that, it was all good to go. The process took three weeks from the time we started everything until it was completed. We are both on the lease together. The boyfriend is the primary and I'm also in there. We had a kind of mentor walking us through the process. He guided us along the whole way and that was very helpful.

When we first moved, our roommate at that time was on the lease with my boyfriend. Our roommate had the credit while my boyfriend had the money. So, we got that processed and my roommate wanted to move out so then it was me and my boyfriend to be put on the loan all by itself. At that time, the guy who initially helped us, set all this up and get it approved the first time, was no longer around. So, I called 21st Mortgage almost every day and got information but they were stationed in another State. So, I asked if they had an office here but they didn't. We had to do the best that we could and if I had any questions, I would email the guy from 21st Mortgage and he would help me. But the second time we were pretty much all on our own. It was hard when you didn’t know what was going on. They were just telling us to send things.

It would have been helpful if 21st Mortgage could have at least one office that was a 30-minute drive just in case somebody like us needs help because we didn’t know anything about buying a property. Somebody could have walked us through the wordings and the questions we had to answer. It would also be great if there was an option plan as we’re paying for a mobile home and most of that money that we pay a month goes towards the interest instead of the principal of the mobile home. So, if our loan says that it's for a 20-year contract, I would have really liked the option to be able to pay that off faster because I'm not trying to rent a mobile home or buy a mobile home for 20 years. That's going to take way too long. And we've been trying to pay off our mobile home so we can own it and then fix it up, sell it and buy a house.

If asked about 21st mortgage, I’d tell them to find something else first. We didn't have an option because there were not many people who do loans for mobile homes. We were told that 21st Mortgage was basically the only company. We could have like tried to refinance the trailer but that would mess up our whole plan. So, if the person is desperate and okay, do what you have to do but I wouldn't recommend 21st Mortgage right off the top of my head.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I bought a house and 21st Mortgage was the first one on the list. It took four weeks to obtain the 30-year manufactured home loan I got from them and that was all right. I’ve had a great loan officer as he was knowledgeable and I felt 100% comfortable working with him. But after that, 21st was hounding me every day which was ridiculous. They were calling me to harass me. I would never go back with them again as well as recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

If you want to buy a park model, get a loan from 21st Mortgage. I wanted to buy a summer home and they are the only one I could find that would loan on park models. I signed paperwork and their application process was good. The process didn't take long and took about a month and a half to be completed. I spoke to the loan officer on the phone and I had no problem. 21st is a pretty good outfit to work with.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I needed to buy a mobile home and 21st Mortgage Corporation came up in my search. Not many bankers do mobile home finance so there wasn’t a lot to choose from but 21st Mortgage was the one that had the best reviews that I read. I filled up an application online, then I was contacted by someone and they emailed me a list of all their requirements and all the documentation that they needed. Little by little, I filled it out and started sending the documentation. There were realtors involved and they knew the process, too. They were in contact with me and then the realtors put me in contact with the Astro company.

My loan officer was good. The customer service team was always very polite and they responded in a timely manner. The whole process was easy and good. Late last month was the first payment that I did and they called me before the due date. And I hope 21st Mortgage is not one of those mortgage companies that call you every month before the payment due date. Other than that, they’re good and it wasn’t hard to deal with them. I would recommend them to someone else.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

We wanted to buy a manufactured home in a senior community. I came out of a bankruptcy that I had taken care of, and 21st Mortgage would work with me for the amount that we wanted to borrow and the amount that I was happy to pay to do it. They were great. The whole thing was done online, and the application was easy. The follow-up was also good. However, they went back and forth needing documentation and information. It took about a month and a half. Some of the documentation they asked for, I had to go find. Some things sort of happened at the end. We had to have certain things, otherwise, we were not going forward. It was a complex process and I understood why. I was borrowing money and they needed to know that it was going to be for a good reason. The had to have home inspection and all those kinds of things, but it was appropriate.

John was the person assigned to my application. My interactions with him were appropriate, timely, and helpful. At some point, he got his hands tied by the lending requirements. The house is free and clear from the person who owned it. They needed documentation that this was a person this was going to go to. They needed a government ID. I told them the woman is 94 years old and is in a nursing home. I understand it’s the law. It wasn’t him trying to make things difficult. But it was frustrating when it got down to the end because it delayed the closing.

The agent who was representing the seller, Silver King had certain requirements and 21st had different requirements. Ultimately, John's supervisor had to deal with the supervisor of Silver King. John nor the agent neither had the authority. So, people above on both sides had to resolve it. Thank goodness, there were some people who made it work.

But one thing that happened since then was the park that we’re in requires a copy of the title to be on file. So I asked 21st to send me the copy of the title with my name on it. They said it would take 30 days, so I waited for 30 days. They sent me the title of the former owner which did me no good. So I called them back and I’ve had to call them back twice now, and I still don’t have the title with my name on it. It's a little frustrating. Up to that point, it’s been a great experience. And this is where John said, “That’s customer service. I don’t deal with that.” Other than that, 21st Mortgage worked for us. We did the whole thing relatively quickly. It took a little longer than it needed to because we did all the application and then we went on vacation. We didn’t do anything for a week. The whole thing could’ve been done in 30 days, which was great. I’d recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I've used 21st Mortgage before and they were very good. I was trying to pull some money out of my home to pay off some debt I incurred, and I used them again. And they paid off $56,000 worth of my debt with the proceeds from the loan. Joy, the loan originator, has vouched for me twice and we moved mountains with the process that we went through. A lot of times, she figured out a way to rearrange the debt or the numbers legally. 21st try to figure out what they’re going to pay off or what they were going to pay down. If there is a glitch, they send you a loan refusal notice. Every little glitch that it hits, they don't have that attitude of if there's a will there's a way at the level of the computers. But at the level of the agents who are working with you, they tell you what's needed and rearrange it a little bit so you know which you need to pay off.

We changed policy on my personal loan because they said that if you have this home and it's this old, then it's only worth this much. It's the blue book for manufactured homes and they looked in it. But I just had my home appraised by the certified appraiser and it was worth $140,000. They told me it's worth 11,000 so, I sent my appraisal in and they took it to the Board of Directors when they had a policy meeting. They saw that and they went, "Woah." It's a huge difference and that made the difference between getting the loan and not getting it because they said my home wasn't worth that much money but it was. In fact, it just got appraised at 180,000. It's going up which is really unusual but the area is really good.

You have to have certain kinds of parameters to work with the agents but 21st handcuffs them a little bit and they make it more difficult for their people in the office to work with you and try to make the best loan possible for your needs. It will not make it as difficult for the people that are working in the office to be flexible because everything has to go through the underwriter who guarantees the loan. Mine was a real challenge but the personal level customer service and Joy have been outstanding through the whole thing and it was a very satisfying experience.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

We've done business with 21st Mortgage before years ago. It was a pleasant experience the first time and there was no reason to change. They really took care of everything like they were supposed to and they couldn't have improved. They expedited the application process and it was good. It took about 30 days and we're quite happy with 21st Mortgage. The loan officer was easy to reach and very responsive to our needs. We were comfortable working with them and our experience was all very positive. Go ahead and use 21st, they're the best.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

We bought a house through a guy and his mortgage was already through 21st Mortgage. I was happy that the loan officer stayed in contact and she didn’t get agitated in my questions. I was a little agitated at that time. They were nice, but they could have a little bit more organization. The papers were just kind of down on the desk. There was a lot of chaos with hurricane Harvey and I understood that, but but the key is being organized.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

My parents was running a little behind on the House Payment and they explained the situation to 21st Mortgage and they worked with them and done what they could to help them. And they were very kind and very generous talking to them. The names of the workers that helped are: (Doug And Mathew). My parents appreciate them helping them very much… Thank You Very Much!!!

21st Mortgage Corporation Company Information

620 Market Square
Knoxville
TN
www.21stmortgage.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use