Call toll free
4.33/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

21st Mortgage Corporation is a full-service, independent agency offering a large range of insurance products and specialize in mortgages for manufactured and prefabricated homes. When you contact 21st Mortgage Corporation, you can rest assured that our knowledgeable staff will educate you and ultimately assist you in finding the option that best suits your needs.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

819 21st Mortgage Corporation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I had the best help I can ever imagine with the loan process from start to finish! Ken ** is an awesome loan officer with great knowledge and excellent response time! He helped made my first home purchase as smooth as possible. Thanks Ken and 21st Mortgage!

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I was looking to buy the rental property next door and since I already had a mortgage with 21st, I just went with them. Altogether, the application took about a month and everything in the lending process was straightforward. The loan officer was great too. Kelly explained everything thoroughly and was very helpful. She also got back to me in a timely manner. If I had a question or a concern, someone would get back to me with an answer within three to four hours.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

21st Mortgage was referred to me and at that time, I didn't have a buyer’s or credit history, so my options were very slim. I tried them out and they were the only one that accepted me. The process started with the initial application which I filled out and sent in. Once that was submitted, Scott reached out to me and said that we got the pre-approval notice. He then sent a list of documents which I had to send to him as well as the conditions department. It was a pretty big list but I knew that it involved a large amount of money, so they were gonna want a lot of security and information on me if they were gonna give me that kind of money. So, I understood that part.

After that, the appraisal was ordered and that went well. The steps worked as Scott walked me through and if he needed something, I sent it to him. I knew this because my Realtor told me that the first two weeks of the process were gonna be on me. If I got to submit the documents quickly, the process would move along faster. And since I wanted to move to my house, I gave what was needed in the next 48 hours.

Other than that, what impressed me the most about Scott was the fact that I told him straight off the bat that I’ve never had a payment before - that I never purchased anything - and he said that it was not a problem. He also explained everything thoroughly, patiently, and informatively. Also, no matter how many questions I had, there was never a sense of irritation in his voice and the answers weren't the type that was leaving you with a sense of, "Okay, what does that mean?" And if I had a question, I would just call Scott directly. He was very open with me and said that if I had a question, I could either call or send him an email. I understand that the email would take a little bit longer for a response simply because they have 30,000 emails that were coming through, so I would just call. If he had someone on the other line, he'd ask me to hold and within three minutes or less, he’d be quick over to me and he takes care of me.

However, 21st Mortgage is in a different time zone than I am so I only had an hour and a half after I got off at 3 o’clock to get in contact with Scott. If I had any questions, he would tell me he got an hour and a half to knock it out and try to catch him before he was off. But there was no way around that and everything still went smoothly.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I was buying a house and 21st Mortgage was one of the options for manufactured homes. Overall, we had a decent experience, as to be expected when buying a house, but it could have been better. The loan ended up being closed in 50 days, which was a little bit longer than we thought it would be. We were under contract and it was a really smooth process because we were just buying a place from my husband’s grandmother. But the process ended up stretching out with their slow response time and the time difference.

Towards the end, our mortgage loan originator started to fall off. The response time was really slow and we had to send him paperwork multiple times for the same things. In fact, I ended up reaching out to some people in the land and title department and got faster responses. I also got better responses from another MLO when he was out one day. There was also this slight lack of professionalism. He accidentally forwarded me an email that he meant to send to somebody internally. He was talking about how our file was killing him.

We were also wanting something regarding the closing day but they hadn't really gotten things taken care of on their backend. Our MLO also never reached out to our insurance agent after they had sent him the binder for proof of insurance. So it was a mess. Then even though we had scheduled the closing, they were not available. It was like everyone had left the office for the day of our closing. We couldn’t reach out to them so there had to be all this follow-up afterwards. All in all, I would have liked faster response times and clear communication between departments. They should have also read their emails better to realize that the information was already there.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Ms. ** and Mr. ** help me get through a tough time with my home, their customer service and was A1 and they were very thorough and timely with everything they did. Thank you 21st for everything and I'll definitely be recommending you all to others.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

The only way we would be able to buy the mobile home that we wanted was by getting a mortgage and 21st Mortgage was the only provider that would lend for a mobile home. We had a lot of paperwork to fill out but the application was quick and we were approved the same day. John, the representative I was dealing with, was quick about getting back to me with letting me know what I needed to turn in and what the next step was through the process. I also had an overwhelming amount of questions, and he was very patient and helpful.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I liked that 21st Mortgage specialized in trailer sales. I got a mortgage with them for a new home purchase and their loan process was incredibly easy. I just went online, put in some information, and got pre-approved within about 10 minutes. Then they told me what paperwork they needed and I got them everything that they asked for. I'm a pretty organized person so I had all my paperwork in place. Then the signing of things took another hour or so. Even the closing time signatures didn't take very long. My experience with their reps was great as well. They followed up in a timely manner, answered emails as I sent them, and I never had any feeling like I was being left in the dark.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

On time response when asking about what we need to do or next step it was very fast response, helpful for starting a medium family living income for purchasing a mobile home and everything went well and we go into our M home within 45 days which is a great timer, great customer service. The representative person was updating us on what is next step. Responding to phone calls emails no more than one day.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

21st Mortgage was the only one we could find that would lend on a mobile home and the experience we had was generally good. The fees and the interest rate were a little high but customer service-wise, it was good. The loan officer was real good and the process didn’t take very long at all. Things were usually approved within a day or two after we sent them in. The process went well overall and I thought it was a very good loan company.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

My broker had difficulty finding companies that would cover a house built in '69. They suggested that I go with 21st Mortgage and I went with them because of that recommendation. I obtained a First-time Home Buyer loan for a manufactured home and I dealt with a young man by the name of John. We went through this for a period of months and he couldn't have been nicer and more efficient. He also answered the phone immediately or returned my call asap and I had a wonderful experience dealing with him. 21st Mortgage is lucky to have somebody that works like that because that's congenial. He was not just good in his job, he was also happy to talk to me and was never too busy to go or has to go. I could even ask him the same question 20 times and he held my hand through the whole process.

But I went through escrow three different times because the sellers changed their mind and backed out. We just had to keep going back and doing it again. So for the one that I bought initially, the application and underwriting took less than 30 days to complete although I previously submitted all the required forms and paperwork. But that was to no fault of 21st Mortgage, it was the sellers'. All in all, I couldn't have asked for more in my dealings with 21st Mortgage. They're great.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I had a divorce, and the house was in my ex-husband’s name, and I got the house. I had to have it moved over into my name. The house was already under 21st Mortgage. They told me to submit a loan application so I did that, and within some hours, I had received contact by the person who helped me through the whole process. I had instructions and an approval notice within 24 hours. The application process was okay but there was some stuff that was unnecessary as far as the paperwork goes in my case because I already owned the land, and it was just a simple process of moving the house to my name.

My loan officer did really good as far as letting me know what he needed. The only thing is, every time I talked to him, he didn’t remember all of the stuff that we had talked about previously. I'm sure he has a lot of people that he deals with, but I felt like he probably could’ve looked at my file before he sent me an email. He asked me for the same things several times and had forgotten my explanation. But he was very nice every time I've talked to him.

21st Mortgage's interest was a little high, but my loan officer explained that it was because of the low dollar amount on the note. I have extremely good credit, so I had a hard time understanding why it was so high as compared to the market. There's not a lot of companies that will refinance a used mobile home, so I understand that, but a 13% interest was a little high. Also, I have attempted to contact my agent since the close of the house and I have been unable to get any return contact from him.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I bought my home and went with 21st Mortgage. They're very fast and easy to use. The application and underwriting process took 1.5 months and my experience with them was very good. They're the best company and I can recommend it for my friend.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I wanted to buy a place and it was a used manufactured home. Not just anybody would finance it and 21st Mortgage did. The process of getting the mortgage was smooth. The application and underwriting process took three months but it was the seller's fault that it took so long. 21st Mortgage did everything they possibly could. Scott, the rep, was fabulous, courteous and informative. He also got back to me when I called him and kept me well-informed. I would recommend anybody to talk to him and I already did to a couple other people here in Arizona because they haven't done much business in Arizona yet.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

When I bought a trailer mobile home, the realtor told me that 21st Mortgage was pretty much the only company left that does mobile homes. So that was where I went and I've had a good experience with them so far. They’ve been very helpful and very accommodating. The process also didn’t take very long once we were done dealing with other things. The people in 21st Mortgage were very on the spot, professional and considerate. They did really well and I was very satisfied with them. In fact, I was really impressed with their help and if people asked me about 21st Mortgage, I would tell them to go for it. They're very good people.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I filled out an online application with 21st Mortgage Corporation and they sent me a checklist of things they needed from me and the seller. Over time, we got all the info together and sent it to 21st Mortgage, and put a deposit. The application and underwriting process took about two weeks. I had to wait on a few things on myself and my parents’ end to get everything together. It was the second time I tried doing it and it was a lot better that time. I had a different representative helping me during the first time and it was a nightmare. She wouldn’t tell me what was wrong with something I submitted and they said that my income wasn’t correct. It said that I put that I made more than I actually did, but I actually put less than I made.

My previous employer had to write an explanation, but they wouldn’t accept it and it was very aggravating, but my guy, Ryan, helped me with anything that I submitted that may have had something wrong with it. He told me what was wrong and what I could do to fix it, and he made it exponentially better. I had no complaints at all and it was painless. Whenever I called the loan officer, he was straightforward and very polite. It was a very good experience and I would definitely recommend 21st Mortgage.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

We were renting all the time and we wanted to buy a house. When 21st Mortgage said they would do manufactured homes, I went with them. During the application process, you had to get a lot of stuff together to make sure you had everything that they needed. I did the application one day, and it was approved the next. It took almost no time at all.

21st Mortgage did the best I've ever seen as far as getting it done and dealing with people that they have not even looked at yet face-to-face. The reps were great and fantastic. I was asking the very first guy I talked to a question over a certain amount. They didn't finance anything unless it was over that amount but I found out that the closing and everything would have put it over that amount. So, he explained all that to me. I dealt with Niki and every time I called or sent an email, she answered right away. She got everything worked out for me. If I had a problem or misunderstanding in any way, she straightened it all out. I'll recommend 21st Mortgage to everybody I talk to.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Nobody finances mobile homes. We asked around and somebody suggested 21st Mortgage Corporation, so we checked and went ahead with them. We filled out an application and 21st Mortgage approved it. Once we got it approved, I went back and made an offer to the people and got it down some, and we went ahead with it. The application and underwriting process took about a month from beginning to end. They could lower the interest a little, but they dealt with us good.

The loan officer was very helpful and understanding. It was all good the few times I spoke to her on the phone. She took her calls and worked with us and helped us as much as she possibly could. I was comfortable working with the company and they did their job. I’ve recommended 21st Mortgage to some people that we know that are trying to buy a mobile home or a used mobile home and I told them to be very aware because the insurance is very high and it’s part of the mortgage for a year.

21st Mortgage said we had to have at least $48,000 dwelling coverage. The insurance company that we went to said yes and we went ahead with the paperwork and signed everything. But the insurance, named Allstate, came back and backtracked on us. They said that they can’t do it for $48,000, so it left us in a lurch. We had already signed the papers and had basically bought the house, then 21st Mortgage said that we got to get insurance and that we were already in fault on our contract. The only place we could get it that would cover it that much money was through 21st Mortgage and they fixed us up. The deal had already been done. We had our backs up against the wall, but, hopefully, within a year, we will try to find something a little more reasonable.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I'm getting married and I was looking for a home for my wife and me. I got a first-time homebuyer loan and 21st Mortgage had great service. The application and underwriting took a couple of hours to be completed. Joy was able to help me out very much throughout the entire process of getting the mortgage. It was a process to go through, never having done it before, but she answered every question that I had and was very prompt on responding to me. She put the answers into simple terms where it was a whole lot easier for me to understand and get everything that I needed. The application process went well and everything was straightforward. 21st should keep up with their customer service and prompt response to people, especially first-time homebuyers who don't really know what they're doing, and making sure that they understand everything that's going on.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I looked into getting a mortgage for a new home and 21st Mortgage was the only lender that would finance what I was buying that was available in my area. The application process was pretty easy. The rep was very friendly and answered all my questions. Everything went well with the lending process, which took a month, but the biggest hang-up was getting my own stuff together. Overall, though, I felt good working with them. My experience with 21st Mortgage was good and I would recommend them to someone else.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

We got a mortgage from 21st Mortgage for a new home purchase and it was a really good experience. The application process was very easy. The lending process went quickly and didn't take very long at all. I just filled out all the documents that they needed. The loan officer, Drew, was awesome. He kept us up-to-date and a part of everything and he answered all the questions that we had. We were really comfortable working with him. If you're thinking about using 21st Mortgage, definitely do it.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

The application process was fine. However the entire process was unbelievable. I sent required documents multiple times to our almost nonexistent loan officer. I feel every issue I had was because of him. There were times I left 6 voicemails and multiple emails, never answered. It was so bad that I had to extend my approval because of his lack of action. I can honestly say I never thought we would close. But we did...if there were other options I would have started over it would have been easier. 21st needs better loan officers. They are useless.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I filled out 21st Mortgage Corporation's application on the internet, and their application process was complicated. There were several things I had to send in multiple times. I worked with Karen and she kept in touch with me while I went through the process. She was good and she treated me well. The closing was also ridiculous because the lady who came out wasn’t familiar with what was in there. She was a notary and there were a lot of stuff that she could not answer and one of the things was the insurance. I wasn’t impressed with the closing at all.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

21st Mortgage Corporation was the only one who did the type of loan that I needed but enrolling with them was a ton of paperwork. Everything was done by the phone and email and scanning and copying. It took about a month and a half to complete the application and underwriting process. The rep that I dealt with was good at his job but he didn't have a lot of patience and wasn't very good at explaining things. He expected people to know everything. It was my first time buying a home and I didn't feel comfortable asking questions because he had this characteristic where he expected people to know the questions being asked. Also, 21st Mortgage lost one of my checks and they said it was my fault.

21st Mortgage Corporation response
It is the policy of 21st Mortgage to only address customer complaints in a confidential discussion directly with our customer. Appropriately responding to your complaint in this forum could result in the releasing of confidential information, which is strictly forbidden under federal privacy regulations.

Please contact 21st Mortgage Customer service at 865-523-2120 x 2900.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I decided to buy a trailer and looked into people that financed mobile homes. I saw that a lot of the 21st Mortgage's feedback was great so that's why I went with them. The rep was awesome. He explained all the steps to me and helped me with anything I needed. If I sent him an email, it wouldn't take more than two or three minutes and he would send me one back and if I had a question about something, he was more than willing to ask and answer for me. I was comfortable with him 100% and no question I asked was too stupid. He went on vacation for one of the weeks that I was trying to close on the house and he had other people answer my questions without any problem. They called me back immediately so they were 100% working as a team.

The application process was a lot simpler than the ones I've used in the past. The whole application and underwriting process took about four months but it wasn't 21st Mortgage's fault. It was on behalf of the person selling the property and some of the stuff that they didn't do. 21st Mortgage helped get that straightened out and it took no more than a week for closing and everything was great.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I read about 21st Mortgage and it said that they were one of the better places to get a mortgage for a mobile home. The application and underwriting process took a month and it was within the expected time. I dealt with Drew, my agent, and one other person at one time. Drew seemed to be knowledgeable. Sometimes we didn’t get our wires working together, but eventually, everything came into focus.

I was getting my own insurance and I was told that I had to pay a year in advance. I thought I had it all done. I signed and then Drew called me back a week later and told me that I didn’t do my insurance. I told him that the insurance agent said they couldn’t do the insurance until I had a closing date. He then told me that I owed him $370 because I didn't do it. So, I went to the insurance agent and gave them the money. They called me back the next day and told me that the money had been there, but the closing date was never taken care of. I was paying them triple. I told them to rip up the check and hopefully, things will be fine. So, there was a glitch but overall, my experience was not bad.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I wanted to leave the house that my wife was in. I could no longer live with her so I bought a modular home which is something that I could afford alone. The seller of the house recommended 21st Mortgage to me and I worked with a rep named Justin. He was always very helpful and understanding whenever he was available and could speak.

During the application process, there were multiple communications to say which paperwork had been accepted and which had not, and that was helpful. There was one situation where they needed an original form and we only had copies given to us from Arapahoe County, the county that we are living in. That was a frustration and actually caused the seller to consider dropping the entire transaction. However, I dealt with Justin in resolving that issue with the form and then we were able to complete the whole application and underwriting process in about a month. Overall, I had a good experience with 21st and I would recommend them, especially for modular homes.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I was buying a new house and I looked into a mortgage with 21st Mortgage Corp. Obtaining the mortgage was difficult since I got to send stuff and if they didn't like or they needed other stuff or not enough, then I have to send some other stuff. The application process took several weeks. I also couldn't understand some of the steps and a lot of the representative John getting back with me was through a realtor we were using. She was having to contact him instead of him getting back with me. The communication was not good and not clear on exactly what they need ‘cause everytime I sent something to him, it was sent to an underwriter. Then underwriter received it through fax and email. So, they could improve the lending process by figuring out what they wanted at first and the steps. Overall, if you don’t get with John, then it’d be probably fine with 21st Mortgage.

21st Mortgage Corporation response

Please contact 21st Mortgage Customer service at 865-523-2120 x 2900.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I wanted to move but I didn't want to sell my place. I ended up acquiring a home mortgage from 21st Mortgage Corporation as they were the first ones to respond. Obtaining the mortgage was easy and I had a very good experience with them. The application process from start to finish took a month. Adam was my rep and I was very comfortable working with him. We did everything by email and I was able to take pictures of my documents and send them via email to him. It worked out well. Also, he answered my emails and questions very quickly.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

We were doing a new home purchase and it was a little beyond what we could afford outright cash. 21st Mortgage didn’t look at us like just a number. They’re good for people that have had credit issues. You might have to have a little bit more of a down payment down, but they don’t turn you away and say no. And that was a major, major thing for us because there are very good reasons why our credit is the way it is. Circumstances being what they were, it’s very hard when you’re looked at as only a number and not taken into consideration how you got there. 21st gave us a chance. Also, they’re the main lender of some of the homes.

The application process was easy and Kelly was awesome. She kept in great communication with me. Mostly, it was done through the email, but if I ever had any questions or needed to talk to her, I could call her. There were a couple of times where she was either out of town or had to go to a business thing and she wasn’t available. When that happened, she would always send me an email saying who to call if I had questions. So, we were never just left standing wondering what we would do next. Also, there were so many things that were frustrating with the seller but 21st Century Mortgage was actually very patient in waiting for her to finally do what she needed to do.

We knew we were approved within a couple days. It was a fast approval and they were friendly people. I’m looking forward because we’re really, really good on paying our mortgages and our bills. I’m really excited that at least with this mortgage company, it will show that we do on-time good payments. The interest rate is a little bit high but sometimes when you have difficulties in life and you are that number, and people that wouldn’t normally give you a chance do, some people are willing to pay that little bit of a higher interest rate just because this is your life. In order to get that, at least there are companies out there that will give you a chance.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I went through 21st Mortgage after they were recommended to me and their application and underwriting took about 2 months. The application process was simple and I worked with Nikki. She would help me go through the paperwork if I have questions. The only issue I had was when I tried to call and contact her, I could never get through to her office and we would always get her voicemail then she would not return the phone call. But mostly, the communication between her and us was very little. I would have to email her and then sometimes it would take a couple of days before she would answer me back. Other than that, 21st Mortgage is an easy company to go through especially if you’re buying a mobile home. We were 100% satisfied overall.

21st Mortgage Corporation Company Information