Call toll free
4.43/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

21st Mortgage Corporation is a full-service, independent agency offering a large range of insurance products and specialize in mortgages for manufactured and prefabricated homes. When you contact 21st Mortgage Corporation, you can rest assured that our knowledgeable staff will educate you and ultimately assist you in finding the option that best suits your needs.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

21st Mortgage Corporation Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I was going through a divorce and I needed a place of my own. My ex wife wanted me to rent an apartment while she kept the house but I didn't agree. So, I stumbled upon an alternative and that was a modular home. It's a double-wide type home, which is like a house. It’s on a slab and it’s got a driveway, a two-and-half garage, three bedrooms, two bath, and the whole bit. As far as my research went, there were not many lenders that lend for this type of house with a low rental. So, my realtor gave me a couple of options and I ended up doing an application online with 21st Mortgage.

The process was long and drawn out. I was also treated like I had bad credit. But I have excellent credit. The problem is, the interest rate is still high because I’m taking it as a high risk loan. It is so small that they have to give you a higher interest rate. But as someone who neither has his stuff together and take the pride in my credit score, I felt like I was still getting punished. And there should be guidelines to that. You could look at the history or look at my credit score before I get a 10 or 11% interest. So, I didn’t like that. But the fact that I’m in a house of my own again and I'm moving on, even though I have a mortgage now, makes it a lot easier.

Other than that, I liked the hospitality of the rep I dealt with, Jonathan. He was also nice and professional. He was lacking a little communication, but that was because apparently I was doing footwork for everybody. I had a deadline living with the ex, and I was doing all the running around and I was making things happen. It felt like it was all on me. Jonathan helped but things could’ve went a little smoother.

Still, 21st Mortgage helped me in the process of picking up the pieces and starting a new chapter in my life. My modular home was in remodel condition where I went in and had to paint things. I also made some updates. But to me, it’s a house. If I knew that this type of home was so cheap, I would’ve done this when I was younger instead of buying my first house. But buying a house is a lot easier. You can negotiate, haggle, and so on. With this, you really can’t. If you do, then you gotta go back to the lender and redo all the paperwork. Also, my loan process with 21st Mortgage took a month and a half to complete. It went quickly, but if it was a house it would’ve went quicker because of my credit score and the low interest. But that was me pushing it. I had to and I had no choice because I had a deadline to get out of the house of the ex.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

21st Mortgage Corporation was responsive. I was purchasing a manufactured home and the other lenders didn't get back to me. 21st Mortgage, on the other hand, responded and was approved by the community that I live in. Initially, they denied me though. I got tons of mortgages deny me because they said my score wasn’t enough. But there’s nothing in the rules that said they had a minimum. How the hell was I supposed to know that? They said they mailed it to me but they didn’t mail me anything.

As for the loan officer, dealing with her was good, at least when she was there. If it happened on holidays, she would say that she would call me back and I wouldn’t hear from her because she was on vacation. I was always calling her. She also didn’t seem to be very experienced. There was a whole process around verifying the $2,000 gift and although 21st Mortgage got what they wanted, they still wanted us to provide something. I gave them the bank statement to shoulder it and I did what they needed. But when it was down to the last thing, they were still asking stupid questions. They said they wanted to make sure whether it’s a gift or not. How were they gonna prove that it wasn’t a gift though? It was the stupidest question in the world. And everybody was there. The money was given to the buyer. All 21st Mortgage needed to know was whether the form stating it was a gift was signed.

It was because of the policies. 21st Mortgage needs to update their credit policies to the 21st century. They also asked me some antiquated questions that should be removed given that it’s 2019. They need to get more digital too. Instead of doing all the stuff through the mail and FedEx, they could have done it electronically. Nonetheless, the process was simple and relatively easy. The whole thing didn't even take 30 days. They were fast and I liked that. They got back to me within a week.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

We were looking into a mortgage to refinance some things and do some home improvement. There weren't a lot of options because we're in a manufacturer's home. We went with 21st Mortgage and the application process was very easy. We had a very good person that we worked with, Adam, and he was a huge help to us. We talked to him, and he explained the process to us and helped us every step of the way. He was very quick to answer emails. There were several times that he was out of the office for extended times because I was kind of in a hurry. But when he was in the office, he was right on the spot getting me answers. He was really personable, and he seemed to really care about us and about our going to the process. He was a really excellent representative for the company.

The application and underwriting process took six weeks. Adam made the process really easy for us. There were a few things that were on some checklists and there were things that I needed to supply that didn't apply in my case. And so, I had to talk to Adam again, and I said, "Well, what about this?" "Well, that doesn't apply to you." And so, there were some other forms that could have been updated, but in defense of that, maybe there were things that most people have to answer with. And in our case, we didn't have to answer. But other than that, the process was very smooth. I was pleased every bit of the way.

One other thing though is that I already have casualty insurance on my property. And in computing the final loan and the amount of the impound for my insurance, etc., they didn't take into consideration what my insurance payments are. They asked about what my insurance payments are, and then computed it on some other level, and then sent me a note asking if I wanted to change insurance companies. That was a bit confusing to me and unnecessary. Everything else is fine other than that small detail.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

21st Mortgage had an application online and everything went smoothly as far as that went. But after all the paperwork was sent in, they did an assessment of the home, which I thought they should have done it first. If the home was not worth what I needed for the mortgage and my application was denied after going through all that, it would've been a lot of wasted time. The person I dealt with was very nice, helpful and responded quickly to any questions I had. However, the process also took a bit more time than it should have. We started in September and didn’t finish up until just before Thanksgiving. I figured it should’ve been about two weeks shorter than it was. When I sent in my application, they said I was approved. They told me all the stuff I needed to do, I started doing it, but I didn’t have the forms. Then all of a sudden, they sent me a packet with the forms in it. I had to go back, do all that and send it to them.

The problem was that I was in the process of getting a divorce. The house went to my ex-wife and I couldn't stay there. I was paying a couple hundred dollars a week for a hotel, which was very costly. When the process ended up going four weeks, the cost was dipping into my savings quite a bit. I reiterated to 21st Mortgage that I was paying for a place to stay every week, but they never gave me a, “This is when the closing is gonna be.” Luckily, I became friends with the people I bought the home from and I was able to see them when I needed answers for the home. If I didn’t know them, the process would've taken longer. I bought a manufactured home and there aren’t a lot of companies that do financing for them. If I was buying a regular home and had more to choose from, I probably would not use 21st Mortgage again. If I had to buy a manufactured home though, I would use them again.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I was being forced out of the home that I was living in by my mortgage company which is Wells Fargo bank. So, I was put in the position of either having to short sell the house or put it on the market for sale, which I did. So, this was a situation where I was under the gun. I had sold my home already, had a 60-day escrow window and had to have a place to live by the time that 60 days is up.

I’ve never dealt with mobile homes before in my life and never lived in one so the process is not quite the same as dealing with a regular mortgage company. There was a lot of paperwork with 21st Mortgage Corporation to prove my income and all the rigmarole with title and insurance. They were also located on the other side of the country. They were very adamant that all the i’s were dotted and all the t’s were crossed. Nobody wanted to make any mistakes here. Once we got through that process, I went to a local title company, signed all the paperwork, and we were through it. But it didn’t seem like a very simple, straightforward process but a more complicated one than buying a regular, single family dwelling.

At this point in time, I’m retired and not working at a regular job anymore. So, basically, I’m on a fixed income and they wanted to make sure that there was gonna be enough money in the kitty to make the payment on the mobile home. Also, you don’t own your land anymore, but you live in a park. So, you have to be approved in the park first, and then by the mobile home lender. So, it was a twofold process. Nevertheless, the loan officer was was very conscientious. He was really good about returning my phone calls, keeping communications open and telling me whatever was requested of me. I’m glad that I’m settled in my new place. Overall, it was a very good experience. I would highly recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

My husband had been out of work for a few months. We were barely keeping up with everything. I contacted 21st Mortgage to figure out what our options were. Michael and Dustin helped us so much. An amazing program that allowed us to stay current on our mortgage and only pay our escrow. This was not what I expected, but was such a relief to us and our 3 children. That we would be able to keep our home and not tack on the payments to the end. They were a lifesaver and so grateful to them.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

After 20 years of paying ON TIME- I hit a financial glitch in Oct/Nov 2019 and TOM ** customer service ext ** NOT ONLY Calmed and Comforted- ME, but he graciously, respectfully and professionally gave me the time and patience that I needed to work things out. He never made me feel like a loser or a pain in his side- tho I'm sure I was! I hope this message reaches you, Tom as I not only want to say a sincere-Thank you, but to also wish you & yours a very safe and healthy, happy, peaceful Holiday and good things only. Sincerely, Julie ** Dec 3 2019

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

We appreciate that documents were prepared promptly. Unfortunately, it took over a week after we signed documents for us to get the keys to our new home. We also weren't informed of how much money we needed to bring to the signing.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

The application and underwriting process took a little while, about a month, because we were out of state and went back and forth with emails with the lender and the realtor. But their process was easy. They kept in touch and kept us up to date. Everything was good. I went with them because of what they offered for mobile home loans.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Well....overall I guess I'd give a 3 out of 5. I felt left out of the loop of what was going on with the loan throughout the process. I felt like I had to call a lot (almost every couple days) to get an update. We had a few issues that came up (since it was a lot of back and forth between me, the processors and then me reporting back to my realtor. Which started to get frustrating because I was starting to become a middle person....which was not fun at all).

My realtor at one point tried calling in to see if she could help clarify some things to make the process go smoother and they were rude to her and told her they don't talk to realtors and instead of being polite and explaining that to her they simple said "we don't talk to realtors" and then hung up on her. I was highly pissed at that because (as a home buyer) I'm relying on 21st and my realtor to help me throughout the process and if I'm not understanding lingo it helps when two people who know what's going on (21st and my realtor) to be able to communicate so that I'm not relaying wrong info to the other party.

For the most part most people were nice but once it got down to the final parts....I was not happy with the customer service I received. Being stressed, being the middle person and dealing with no updates UNLESS I called was beyond unacceptable in my eyes. I felt there was a lack of compassion and hence why my frustration and consistent calling started towards the very end of the long process because I could not get answers. Hope things change so others do not feel this way.

Best regards