Call toll free
4.27/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

21st Mortgage Corporation is a full-service, independent agency offering a large range of insurance products and specialize in mortgages for manufactured and prefabricated homes. When you contact 21st Mortgage Corporation, you can rest assured that our knowledgeable staff will educate you and ultimately assist you in finding the option that best suits your needs.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

745 21st Mortgage Corporation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I wanted to buy a house an the agent suggested 21st Mortgage to me so I went with them. Their application process took about six weeks which wasn't too bad. I worked with Ryan but he never called me. There could have been more communication.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Very smooth process. Caring customer care that go above and beyond. Emails are answered quickly. My realtor really enjoyed working with Joe ** and so did I. The turnaround time and doing paperwork online rather than in an office was a major plus.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

We were buying a home for my mother which could not be financed through standard routes because it is a manufactured home. Also, it's in a retirement community and she did not own the property that the home is located on. 21st Mortgage was the one of the only banks in the country that would finance such a loan. I and my husband have bought five houses throughout our career together and this was the worst experience that I've ever had. I got a packet of information that was supposed to go to the seller and that ended up delaying our closing for over a week because the seller never got it. The rep sent it to my attorney and I don't know why she did that.

When I contacted the rep, she had a general extension and it went around the hold time for five minutes and then I went back to a mailbox. I had to press zero at one point as I got down to the wire because I needed to speak to someone regarding the information. I got routed to a person that had to pull up the file but she ended up not giving me accurate information.

We had a closing but 21st didn't have an attorney present and it was all done from a separate location. The documents were initially emailed and I sent them back. The rep said that some of the documents had the margins off so she had to FedEx the package. But she didn't FedEx it in the first place so I was wondering why email it if they're not gonna take it back as a fax.

Also, there were varying levels of communication. There were times when I thought that everything was where it should be. But the positive information that the rep had given me did not reflect that we were ready to move forward in the process of buying the home. We had to go back and forth quite a bit and it took a couple of months.

The whole thing could be improved upon and 21st could draw in some of the established banks' best practices and streamline their process. There wasn't anything that impressed me and if I could go back, I would take out a personal loan, buy the house and never do a mortgage. It was apparent to us that there was something that that wasn't working efficiently on the bank side and I would not recommend or ever consider them again.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

My experience with 21st Mortgage was just excellent. Andy ** helped me understand the process each step of the way. Stephanie ** and Customer Service took care of the due date change promptly. Thank you for financing my new home!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I went through a divorce and my ex-wife’s name was on my loan. I had to get it out of her name and just solely in mine. It was hard to find a mobile home company that finances mobile homes without a property attached to it and Florida only has two companies that do - 21st Mortgage and another company. Going through 21st Mortgage's loan process was a good experience. The lady who helped me helped out a whole lot and answered all my questions. She did a fabulous job. Every time that I had a question, I’d email her. She either responded right then and there or if it was close to quitting time, she would let me know what was going on the next day. She'd let me know what parts I still lack, what information they needed and anything that would help get it all squared away to where they wouldn’t see a loophole. She gave me feedback and if I didn’t understand it, I’d email her again and she’d rephrase it.

The process took about a month. I had to track down stuff and there was so much legwork that I had to physically do, but transitioning through things was smooth. I worried about doing things online. I didn't have to physically be there to talk and sign papers. They printed the papers that I had to sign and they were supposed to FedEx it to my house, but FedEx messed up. The papers didn’t get it to my house sometimes, so 21st Mortgage had to fax all the paperwork. That was only the glitch because it was a time-sensitive thing.

Now, I made my first payment and I’ve gotta let it sit up. I’ve gotta change the payments taken out of one of my accounts into another account. It just takes longer online to get the money withdrawal. But the lady in charge of the account helped me out on that part and everything has been going well. I would highly recommend 21st Mortgage for the promptness and getting in touch with you. Even if you’re not responding to them, they will try to reach out to you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

It took 21st Mortgage Corporation forever to get things done. I’ve got a lot of mortgages 'cause I own about 11 homes and it took me three months to get a simple loan approved when it should’ve been four weeks. Every piece of paper took days. Their rate seems pretty steep too, but I didn’t have a choice. They were the only one in the country that would give me a loan on a trailer. I haven’t received my payment book in the mail yet either. I went on a payment booklet and they said it would be in the mail by the 1st of October and I haven’t seen anything yet. And my payment is due in about another week. But I’m not worried. I can always go online and make the payment. Everything was great with the representative. Drew, the loan officer was good and very informative. The application process was fine as well.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I needed a loan and I was buying a manufactured home at the time, so the loans were a little harder to get. I also had some problem with my lender on the type of home that I bought. I was in a pinch, so I called 21st Mortgage. The seller had a loan through them and they were able to loan on that property so, I went through the process with 21st. From the very beginning, I told the loan officer that my current home was not gonna close and that there was no way it was gonna be sold prior to the home that I was buying. I told her I would need a bridge loan and she said that was not a problem. However, the communication was terrible.

My real estate agent and I were calling the loan officer and she wouldn’t respond to calls and emails in a timely manner. After a while, she told us she had been sick but is no one covering her stuff? Then, she emailed me the stupid loan checklist but she did not explain what it was that I needed to do. I found the list very confusing and I emailed her but she never responded. I travel across the country and she would tell me that she needed this and that. Yet she didn’t follow up to get documents that I didn’t know if she needed. And a day before I was supposed to close, she told me I was gonna have to pay off my car.

I have pretty good credit and I’ve already bought a home that cost considerably more than the home that I’m buying now. I have a stable job with the federal government and I sent 21st Mortgage proof of my income. Yet 21st Mortgage still wanted 20,000 different documents. Even though I gave them W2s and statements, they still had to have a letter from my employer saying that I work there. It was just nonsense and a pain. Their process was absolutely insane. I could see it if I had bad credit or if I have a sketchy history, but I’ve been an employer for 10 years. Then at the last minute, they said I needed a check. I don’t use checks and she said I had to order one. It was the most frustrating process I’ve ever endured in my life and the loan officer wasn’t any help.

There were also a few times where the loan officer was communicating with the sellers even though they were not the ones getting a loan. I had the property appraised as it was part of the loan, and she told the seller that the appraisal came back even before she called me or my real estate agent. I thought that was really inappropriate because then, the sellers were calling us asking what it was appraised for, and we had to tell them that it was none of their business. Moreover, she kept wanting me to send her sensitive documents although 21st Mortgage doesn’t have a secure upload link. It’s pretty important because now, when my bank account information gets compromised, it’s gonna be a big issue. Thankfully, when I'm at work, I have access to be able to encrypt documents, but I can imagine how many people don’t or how many people don’t know to do that.

I think there are only three companies that do loans on mobile homes and manufactured homes, and 21st Mortgage is one of them. But if I could refinance or go with another company, I absolutely would. I would never go with 21st Mortgage ever again but I don't have much of a choice and that’s terrible. I feel, however, that they know that and so, they just don’t care about customer service.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

There were a lot of bad communication between 21st Mortgage, me and the sales department that I bought the mobile home from. It says very clearly in the documents not to fax, text, or mail the driver’s license and social security card. I wrote very potent letter by the third week, went to the library and typed it up because everything I owned was packed already. I faxed it to the mortgage person on a Saturday and got an answer the following Monday complaining about how many times do I have to do the same thing.

By the end of the process, I had snapped my driver's license and social security card on my phone, faxed them and had them certified mailed. Even my sales department faxed them and the receipt. It amounted to about seven times but on the day of the final signatures, they were still saying they didn’t have it. It got so bad the mortgage person gave me her personal cellphone number. However, she wouldn't return my calls and was unavailable for six working days. Nobody else could give us answers, so there were delays.

She couldn’t send the whole package and even on the day that I was supposed to sign the final documents that she faxed, I could not sign some pages because they had wrong start date of my payments which boomeranged to all the other dates as far as my impound account. It was starting my payments a monthly early. I texted her about it but she told me that I had to sign it. I told her I wouldn't sign something that's wrong. She contacted back and said that she had to change the dates because of the delays. She also kept saying, “Well, you can sign it and I’ll put it in writing.” I said, “Until I get something in writing, I’m not signing nothing ‘cause this contract says my payments are starting October 15th, and it was supposed to be November 1st.”

I started negotiations on the last two days of July and it went all the way to September. But, it never stopped. Every few days, there was something else like saying that they didn't get things that they got. My sales department had to send them repeated stuff over and over. Luckily, during the last three days of signing, I was here two hours each day. Even though the mortgage person was very nice and sweet, there was a lot of wrong information. If I hadn’t invested so much money and time and given them notice where I lived, I would have cancelled the whole deal because it was the worst life experience I could ever have. So year from now, I’m gonna find a different company to go with.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I provided all the information and bank statements that 21st Mortgage needed and applying with them was easy. I would email them back and forth, which was convenient. It was also easy for me to get a hold of them. They offered a lot and the application and underwriting took 2 weeks to complete. The rep I worked with, Adam, was on top of everything and he was good. He was attentive and fulfilled all my needs.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I wanted to refinance my home and I didn’t have any local bank that would do a mobile home refinance. So, I went with 21st Mortgage. The application process was so simple and I did it online. But refinancing with them was a long and drawn out process. They wanted a lot of old information passed. I handled everything and they kept requesting more and more information. But I got through it then we did the closing here locally. The application and underwriting took close to three months to complete. The guy I dealt with was always forthcoming with information back and forth and I didn’t have any problems. But in the way he handled it, it was necessary to deal with a lot of information. He was good, though, and was very easy to get in touch with. In fact, I called him back and forth a couple of times. And if I'd email, he knew and he’d get back to me that day. I was also very comfortable working with him.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Other lenders have a whole lot of fees and none of it was making any sense. Their estimate to me was handwritten on a piece of paper, so we got out of there and went with 21st Mortgage. I did a mortgage on a mobile home and I had John working with me during the enrolment and application process. It was very well and he was very easy to work with. I was under the impression that taking money out of my 401k, I would get the whole $9,900 and they had to hold back for taxes. They had to hold taxes for federal and they had to hold taxes for the state. They had a fee and I had to keep changing things. But he always rolled with the flow and he made it real easy. I asked for his boss's phone number so I could call and tell him that.

My agent couldn't get some information that she needed but I was very, very pleased with the process. I signed a contract with her on September 8th and I closed on the 24th or 25th. 21st asked for a piece of paper from the tax office at the very end which extended it from the 21st to the 24th. My approval was supposed to be expired on the 22nd. I was freaking out but they were very accommodating and they extended it. Also, John told me I could call in two years and if interest rates have gone down, I could refinance it.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I applied online and pretty much dealt with 21st Mortgage online. The underwriting process took a little longer than it should've. They didn't communicate well as they should've to me at the timing process. The guy that I worked with was Scott. He said it was okay, but instead of signing on the 5th, it happened on the 15th. When Scott could control something, he was very responsive. When he couldn't, he was out of office and no one really worked his stuff while he was gone. I handled all my stuff within days. Every time they needed something, I would get to them that day or the next morning. 21st Mortgage requires the actual documents, and they don't take e-sign. That was a major problem. If I had known about that before, I would've chose somewhere else.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

21st Mortgage was more flexible and they would go lower than most of the people on the loan amount. I applied for a regular new home mortgage and there were no problems with the application process. After that, there was a list that came out on all the different things that needed to be taken care of. The paperwork process was more cumbersome than what I would care to do again, but I was really happy with the response and service of the person who was working with me. She was good. The only thing is that there is a three-hour time difference between California and Tennessee, so at times, that became inconvenient. So, it would help if someone would be at their office a little bit longer. It would help a little bit if they have someone who would specialize in the West Coast who is more on the West Coast time.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I wanted to buy a new mobile home and I applied for a mortgage with 21st Mortgage. The process was really quick and easy. They require a lot of information that most mortgage companies require. Ryan processed my paperwork and he was fast. He responded right away to all my concerns. If I sent him an email, he replied to me right away. For example, I sent him information, the one he was looking for, and it would take him not more than 10 minutes to email me. And when he sends me an email, I also reply to him right away because I like to move things fast as well. Then, if anything was pending, he notified me and took care of it right away. He was very nice, professional, and upfront and I was very comfortable working with him. It took three weeks to complete the application and underwriting and it took another half a week for the closing. It was a good experience. Go for it.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

To buy a mobile home, I looked into a mortgage and went with 21st Mortgage since there isn't many around here that loan on homes. Obtaining my mortgage with them was great. Also, Karen, the lady whom I spoke with, was wonderful. She was friendly and answered all my questions. I called a lot and it didn't seem to bother her. She always answered when I called. The application and underwriting process was quick but the rates were a bit ridiculous. I wouldn't recommend 21st Mortgage because of the 12% interest. Also, there was one that irritated me where I ended up having to pay more for the mobile home than the appraisal said it was. And because of that, it was considered a new loan. My interest went up a point which I thought was extremely unfair. I wasn't warned about that. Still, other than that, their service was great.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I was trying to find a place where I could get a trailer loan and I got approved at 21st Mortgage. It was easy filling out the application form and it only took me 10 minutes. The reps that we dealt with kept us well-informed too. However, it was almost impossible to get a hold of them by phone. The only way to communicate with them was through email. They, nonetheless, responded within the next day normally. Also, the closing process took a few months. We kept sending stuff but they would come back to us and say that they need more stuff. If I had all the information verifying what was needed beforehand, the lending process would have gone a lot quicker. But, overall, 21st Mortgage is a good company to go through.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

We worked with Drew ** of the 21st Mortgage Co. and we couldn’t have had a better person to work with for the loan. I would definitely tell anyone to go to him. There were a lot of questions to ask him, and he was never to busy to try to answer them for us.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I was helped and able to get a beautiful, almost new, small manufactured home with the assistance of Joy ** at 21st Mortgage. I had almost given up hope on ever owning my own home, but I am writing this from it now and very happy with the service I got from all involved. I have highly recommended Joy and 21st Mortgage to others and will continue to do so. Thanks to all!!!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

The guys that I've worked with at 21st Mortgage were professional and we were impressed that we got approved. Though obtaining the mortgage was difficult because it took so long to get the house. On the other hand, the application and underwriting process was easy. It only took two days.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I was looking for an equity line of credit and due to the limited options available when dealing with a modular or manufactured home, I ended up with 21st Mortgage. Their application process was very straightforward and it went fine. However, the underwriting was a nightmare. It took about nine months. I’m 60 years old and I have bought and sold plenty of houses but my experience with 21st Mortgage is the worst. They should have figured out what additional documents they needed from me and gave me one follow-up list so that I could get whatever they wanted, instead of me providing one thing and then they would tell me something else is needed so then I would have to go back and get that.

They needed something from the IRS because I’m a self-borrower, and that took forever. I gave them alternative documents with the same information but they wanted a specific thing. After months of wrangling with the IRS, I finally got it, but then 21st Mortgage said that it took too long and I would have to start the application process all over again. Plus, there was absolutely no follow-up from 21st Mortgage. I had to constantly ask for updates from their guy. They were horrible. The only reason why I stuck with them was because I had invested so much time getting that fund.

Also, I did updates to my home then I had it appraised and got a $200,000 value. So right off the bat, I was wanting 50% from 21st Mortgage. However, they said that they don’t consider any home improvements and the loan value will be based on 45% of the original purchase price. This whole thing is a joke right from the start and ended up with $52,000 total loan. Run away from 21st Mortgage.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Some time back, I was living in a different place and I wanted to move. I didn't have a conventional mortgage at the time. I was scrolling through different places that I wanted to buy. I clicked on the link of one of the houses I liked and I thought to myself that I should see if I can even qualify for a mortgage. The next thing I knew, a month later, I had a house.

21st Mortgage's rep was really nice and he handled everything ahead of time. The steps he gave me were really easy and there was no mystery surrounding what I had to do. One time, my realtor was out of town he had his assistant help me. If I called or left him an email, he called back and assured me to relax. In sum, I'd tell others that working with 21st was an easy experience. They make getting a mortgage painless.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Excellent customer service! Would recommend 21st Mortgage to anyone looking to purchase a mobile home. Thank you! The process was very easy and I was kept informed every step of the way. Every representative was very polite and pleasant to speak with.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

We wanted to buy a house and our realtor guided us. When we bought a house, the process of obtaining the mortgage from 21st Mortgage was easy. The application and underwriting process took a month, but it was done in a timely manner. We set a date on when we want the house and we got it. 21st Mortgage did a good job and we had a really good experience. We were very pleased with them and will definitely recommend it to a friend.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Family who is borrower is seriously ill. Thus selling property. Buyer ready to close in couple weeks. 21st Mortgage refuses to work w/ family for one last payment when sale of property is 7 days later. This is despite almost 20 yrs of prompt payment, except for the 2 mos borrower became catastrophically ill & hospitalized. Further so many people I've spoken w/ @ 21st Mortgage are the most discourteous, even disrespectful I've experienced in any such position. It is appalling. Borrower beware of this lender, terms of fulfillment are long & you cannot work w/ them, nor will receive decent respect.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

The whole experience with getting a mortgage is nerve-wracking but Nicki ** always was there to answer questions and put my mind at ease. The whole process from application to closing was done in an orderly and informed manner. It couldn’t have been better.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

We had a pleasant experience with Kellie **. She was very professional. I would not hesitate to use 21st Mortgage again. I saw some negative reviews but I believe they aren't correct. We were approved in 15 minutes it went as Kellie said it would.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

We tried to do an assumption of our son's mortgage. The website touted this option. When we applied to do so we were told you no longer do assumptions-even though it was still clearly advertised on your website. We pay double the interest rate as our son but had no other choice. Predatory practices. Your website is also poorly optimized for mobile devices.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I got a home loan and I didn’t know the difference between manufacture and a home loan. 21st Mortgage came across and they were the only manufacture loan company that was able to get me approved. Ryan was super easy to work with. He emailed me anytime and got back with me. He explained every question that I had for him and broke it down to me if I didn’t understand it. We had our 30-day window which went about a couple of days after the 30 days of closing cost. Other than that, it was a fast transition.

Normally, I wouldn’t really care to push the matter, but I needed to get out where I was at and Ryan was able to get that process going and contact with the mortgage company as well. I was trying to make sure that we were able to get out in time and we did. They were able to put the closing cost into one lump sum, instead of a typical home loan where we would have to pay up the closing cost upfront so we have more money to spend on your home instead of perking it up all upfront. Ryan did a great job on this and I learned a lot in the whole process.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

We bought a mobile home and there were only two companies that finance something new. We talked to both of them, but the guy from 21st Mortgage who we dealt with was great, so we went with them. It was super easy to get a loan from 21st Mortgage. They sent somebody out there to evaluate and as soon as they did that, the loan was approved. The underwriting and application process took about a month or two and according to what I hear from everybody who has financed mobile homes out here, that was quick. It was also fantastic to talk to their rep. He was willing and helpful, and he made the process easy and worthwhile. I've recommended him and 21st Mortgage to anybody and everybody. Being with 21st Mortgage was really the best experience we've had finding anything.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

21st Mortgage is one of the very few companies that finance mobile homes. I got a 22-year mortgage from them for a mobile home and their loan process was pretty simple. Once we found the property that they were willing to finance, it was relatively easy. The agent who helped me, Ryan, was great, polite, and consistent about getting back to me on time and with what he said he was gonna do. I feel very comfortable working with him and on their part, everything went great. There were some holdups but it wasn't with the loan company. The overall process took three months but it was because of other factors that went into it. And I got answered back within about 24 hours once I actually submitted everything. If you're looking to get a mobile home loan, check out 21st Mortgage. They're good.

21st Mortgage Corporation Company Information