4.23/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

21st Mortgage Corporation

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

21st Mortgage Corporation is a full-service, independent agency offering a large range of insurance products and specialize in mortgages for manufactured and prefabricated homes. When you contact 21st Mortgage Corporation, you can rest assured that our knowledgeable staff will educate you and ultimately assist you in finding the option that best suits your needs.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 15, 2017

397 21st Mortgage Corporation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Some time in May, we looked at getting a manufactured home loan and 21st Mortgage did the 22 years for the mortgage. Most of the mortgage companies were the same on what they were going to charge at the beginning for the loan origination. What we wanted was prompt response and the one who took care of the account with 21st Mortgage was very professional and fast in responding back through call and email. The owners also wanted to close in a month and the loan company was ready to close the day we were supposed to. It was a fast and great experience.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I have dealt with 21st Mortgage for over 10 years and have always been a very satisfied customer. Recently an issue arose over making my payment and I spoke to Robert about the issue I was having. I had just changed jobs and money was a little tight. Robert was very patient and understanding. He helped me to review my options and come up with a workable solution. Every time me or my wife has needed to contact 21st Mortgage we have received fast and friendly service. I highly recommend this company to my family and friends.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

21st Mortgage Corporation made the whole loan process easy and smooth. The broker where I had purchased my mobile home from had been using them historically and had a good relationship with them. It took three weeks to finish the process which went a lot quicker than I expected. My only frustration with any of it was that it's a little different than the stick-built homes. There's almost a 24/7 ability to communicate and there's not so much here.

All of my transactions were done mostly with the broker and I’ve had very limited contact with 21st Mortgage's reps. They’re in Tennessee and we have a three-hour difference, and because I’m working, 21st would be done for the day by the time I’d be able to address anything. So, if I have questions, I’d deal with the broker and they would do the communication with 21st. But the people who I’ve dealt with during the loan process knew all the ins and outs, and what to and what not to get worked up about. They would also send things in the mail for documentation. 21st also asked me if it was okay to get my insurance set up and I told them that’s fine. I know mobile homes are difficult to get insurance, but they automatically did that. The rates are competitive too. I'd recommend this company.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

We were not given a choice on our mortgage company. We would have preferred Southside Bank in Tyler, Texas, but we were told that 21st Mortgage was the mortgage company that we had to use during the construction phase of purchasing our house from Solitaire Homes. We are getting ready to refinance through Southside Bank and this has cost us an extra $8,000 dollars in closing costs. We were not happy about it. Another thing, we applied for the loan in January this year 2017. We had a small home equity loan attached to the property that we were going to put the house on. It was on the credit report, and for six months, 21st never made a peep about it.

However, on May 31st, they threw a fit because they could not finance a house that had a home equity loan attached to the property that it was supposed to go on. My husband and I have extremely good credit. Our credit score is 810 under the FICO rating, and we were not given a fair interest rate. We were given 5.9 and our bank is going to give us a minimum of 4.9 if not lower than that. That’s another reason why we’re changing. We have had nothing but aggravation with 21st Mortgage. The experience has been poor and very unprofessional. We would never recommend them to anybody else.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

21st Mortgage specializes in mobile homes. The home loan process was excellent and easy going. The representative was courteous and very professional to the point there's no double talk. I spoke to the same rep the whole time and answers to my questions get back to me the next day. I would highly recommend 21st Mortgage.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I am active duty army and I been paying my mortgage on time through allotments and somehow the mortgage company lost one of my payment. They would not research on their part to see if it was an error, they rather say the mail system lost it and want me to pay double. They have horrible customer service and they have no clue on SRCA, because they reported that one payment late!! Due to their neglect in investing on where my one payment disappeared to. They never dealt with military service members because me explaining what an allotment was and how it was processed was very painful. And I been paying them the same way for 4 years. Makes me question why are you not electronic. They are living in the Stone Age where payments can be mailed to them and but your payment better not be late. Beware!! This company is horrible to military members and veterans who serve this country!!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

The community where we bought the manufactured home deals with 21st Mortgage Corporation. The homeowner that was selling us the house also dealt with them so they recommended them. They had already dealt with this house since 1989. Communication with 21st Mortgage was bad in the beginning and it was very frustrating for my wife. It was summertime and a lot of the people that were dealing with us from the beginning wasn’t always there. They would take their vacation and leave other people to deal with us and then we just kept repeating ourselves. Other than that, they did a great job. At the end, they pushed the closing. The lady that was selling us the house was dragging her feet but 21st Mortgage got her on board.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I searched on Google for finance companies for mobile homes and 21st came out and I was looking for repossessed trailers and they were the first people I applied to. The approval was fast but the rest of the process was agonizing. It took a lot longer than I expected and the down payment and the interest rate was a lot higher than I anticipated for what my credit was. Not to mention they had difficulty pulling up tax information and everything that I was able to look up on my phone while I was at work in a concrete truck. It was disappointing and painful. I spoke with one representative and he was a pleasant guy to talk to. He wasn’t rude and was always polite but he was difficult to get ahold of. He wasn’t very responsive when I leave a voicemail and a lot of times, I would eventually have to call him back the next day or the day after that. Everything was done through the mail as far as document signing.

A mobile home in Ohio is treated the same as a car but it has an auto title that’s transferred via the title office. $1,000 for closing was quite much. It’s just a fuzz less than what you pay for a brick and mortar house closing which is extensive. Cars simply tack on a bunch of fees. But it was convenient getting an insurance for the mobile home through them. I wasn’t looking to pay interest on an insurance premium but I didn’t have the cash to pay the whole premium upfront. Making a payment to 21st is painless so I appreciate their process. I got a coupon book and that was nice. A lot of companies don’t do that anymore.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I went to a credit bureau and 21st Mortgage Corporation was referred to me by a loan lender, Quicken Loans. Chad, the guy that works for us, was really good with me and he didn’t leave me. Every question I asked him, he had an answer for me. I did everything by either talking to him on the phone or by email and it was different because I’m not used to doing that kind of stuff. I usually do sitting down in front of somebody so I was very uncomfortable with that situation because I’m old fashioned but not illiterate. Chad was great and he helped me out but the only snag I had doing it over the phone was getting myself to him. I told him to give me his fax number, which he did because that was the only way he’s going to get my information since I don’t know how to email. I had no issues with any of the processes at all, just satisfaction.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

A broker friend of mince recommended 21st Mortgage Corporation to me and since they had better rates, I decided to work with them. The loan process has been an easy experience throughout. The application process went through really quick. It only took two days to get the approval and 30 days to close the loan. The rep’s service was really helpful and good. We were communicating by email most of the time and were doing everything over email.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

21st Mortgage did mobile home financing. Usually, if I called, I got an answer very quickly. There were some delays in our loan process and it took a little longer. There were some mistakes, but they were not major one. For instance, they mailed a contract to the property we were purchasing which has a physical address but there is no mailbox and that delayed things by about a week and a half by the time FedEx got it back to them and sent out.

I tend to know my job when I speak to other people and I assumed they know a lot about it also but they don't, so I have to slow down and do a lot of explaining. They are in the financial business, so there were terms that were used that I didn't understand that I had to go back and ask about. The only thing I thought they could've done better was layout the process a little bit better for me and let me know timeframes for when things were going to happen because when I hadn't heard from them for a week and a half, I had to call them. Overall, the experience is satisfactory and pleasant. It was easy to do except for a couple of little issues.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

The mobile home trailer court recommended that we use 21st Mortgage Corporation and that’s why we went with them. Their home loan process was fabulous and the rep we spoke with was awesome. He very professional and a very nice gentleman. Their team got back to us in a timely manner and we never had to resend anything. They had their acts together and we were done in 60 days. We had a friend that bought a mobile home from over by Stillwater and the Tulsa area, and it took them six months by the time everything was set up for them to get moving. I would recommend 21st Mortgage Corporation to anybody.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

21st Mortgage financed my house when I bought it. The home loan process was good but it took a while to secure my loan. They would give me a list of things I needed and then get me another list of things they needed. It was a long process but it got done and it was a good experience. For the most part, I talked to different people each time but there was one person who has his name on the application and everything. It’s hard to get in touch with them, I'd have to call other people and call around till I got a hold of the same person.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Each time I have contacted customer service in the past I have almost always had to deal with someone rude so I avoid having to deal with them at all. I contacted customer service a week ago to get some forms I needed sent to me. I was told I needed to send a signed written authorization form so I did that. I was told it would take 24 to 48 hrs to receive the information I requested. After waiting over 48 hours and not receiving the documents I called customer service again. They stated that they had sent the forms but I did not get them so I asked them to resend. I was told that they would resend and that I should get them within the next 15 minutes but the forms never came.

The next day I called and spoke to a young lady who was very nice and apologize, asked me to check my fax machine and number and I decided to simply give her another fax number just to make sure there were no issues on my end. She told me to call back once I sent in another signed request form and that since I had so much trouble she would try to expedite the process and fax it to me within 30 minutes or so. I then emailed the new signed authorization form, waited 30 minutes as the young lady had asked me and called back.

When I called back another young lady answered the phone. I explained the situation to her and she told me it would be another 24 to 48 hrs before they could fax the information to me. When I explained to her that I had already been waiting over a week and had just spoken to another rep that said she would try to speed up the process since I had waited so long she became even more rude and said that she and others were going to lunch and that she couldn't make any guarantee that they would send it out before the 48 hr window. I then asked if I could speak to the young lady I had spoken to earlier. (The kind one that said she would try to speed things up). This rep, the rude one, stated again that she and others were going to lunch and that she could not guarantee I would get it before the 48 hr time period.

I ended the call by thanking her for not being helpful. When I applied for the loan everyone I spoke to was polite and kind. But dealing with customer service for anything has been a negative experience for me. I don't believe it is everyone in that department but there are definitely some people in that department that need to learn how to communicate with their customers or they need to find another place to work. Their poor communication skills and bad attitudes are definitely not helping this company to grow. I will post again when and if I ever get the documents I requested.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

21st Mortgage is one of the most known companies for manufactured homes. I was dealing with Tim, and he was fabulous to work with. He quickly responds and was always available to take a call and was very knowledgeable, too. Information was given to us very promptly and we gave them information very promptly as well. And so, the home loan process was very quick and went very smoothly. I had a pleasurable experience, and if my friends will be looking to finance a manufactured home, I'd certainly recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

21st Mortgage Corporation came with the trailer. They’re a little better than two other companies so I went with them. The bankers were good but the RV salesperson over in Granbury kept losing my paperwork. They said they had too much paperwork and shredded my information. But I'm good anyways. 21st Mortgage helped us recently and I would recommend to somebody.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

My experience with 21st Mortgage during the home loan process was a little frustrating. I didn't get answers back to my questions as soon as I thought I should. I send my emails in the morning and they were answered in the evening. Also they usually had to call me back when I call them. But the representative I talked to was very knowledgeable and very helpful. She made the experience a little easier.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

Everything was good and went smoothly with 21st Mortgage. The process took a long time but it finally happened. But when we changed the homeowner's insurance company, they redid the paperwork and instead of refunding me the $2,000 that they charged me for the insurance, they refigured everything. The lady who helped me do the paperwork had a client coming in and didn't explain each page when I signed it. I signed it in front of a secretary and they put little exes on everything. When I got home and opened up the paperwork, it says that in case of my death, 21st Mortgage would take the house away. I was absolutely devastated with that so I called them up and tried to talk to them about it but they wouldn't talk to me. Their rep said something about having to contact the right person and that they would get back with me. But they have not gotten back with me to explain what happened.

I'm building a new horse barn and a new shop. That is about $50,000 I'm putting in to this property and I'm mad that they're just going to take this house away from me, kick my wife out and take my horses. I have had five homes and nobody has ever said they were going to take my house away. 21st Mortgage's rep said that's between me and my family when I pass away. She said my family will be responsible for paying off the mortgage and that I have a life insurance policy that will do that. Once I pass away, my family will contact them and somebody in the family will step up and take over the payments or they will pay it off. But they just said they were going to take my house away so I was very upset and I still am.

I am going to keep trying to reach them about it but I'm just so busy right now. The first time I dealt with them, everything was explained to me. They were so nice, so sweet and so kind. I signed and walked out a happy man. Then they pulled this garbage and redid the whole thing. It's like they stabbed me in the back. But the lady asked me to mail her back a copy of that last page. I found it yesterday and I'm going to send it back to her today.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

21st Mortgage was one of the only mortgage companies that I could borrow money against the house itself, instead of having to tie land to it. Their home loan process was really smooth. They required a lot of documentation and stuff but I understood why. They wanted to make sure the loan was going to be secured and that we could afford to make a payment. Any questions that I had, the rep was able to answer them. And we were able to work through some of the things that they had questions on.

They sent out a list of all the documentation that they needed, and then we went through Solitaire to purchase our home. Solitaire had a different list than what we had than what they were sending to us. And they weren’t requiring the list that they were sending to Solitaire. It was like there were two different requests for documentation. If they need this documentation, it should be the same across the board, regardless of whether we were doing it on our own or purchasing our house from whoever. That’s the only thing that might need to be streamlined. Nevertheless, I’ve got a positive experience with 21st Mortgage and I would recommend them. They were very easy to work with, and for the most part, organized.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Everybody else that I could get approved with, they wouldn’t cover a mobile home. Another real estate agent recommended 21st Mortgage and they were the only one that would cover a mobile home. The experience worked out really good and the process was pretty smooth. They got it all fixed up with the escrow company and got it pushed through. We got the place. Our rep, Nancy, was easier to get ahold of. It was way easier with the email because I had a hard time with different time zones. The phone calls were difficult and I was working so I had to do it on my breaks. But she kept getting back to me through emails. She was really quick on it. I’m a real estate agent, too, and I have already recommended 21st Mortgage to a couple of places.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

The manufactured home dealer I’m buying from was using 21st Mortgage and so we ended up going with them too. We went through the typical stuff processing the loan but they were faster than if I’d gone to a normal bank. However, I usually can't get a hold of the reps when I call then I’d just hear from them the next few days. On one hand at the front end, I think that they embellished on how fast it would be. I can't remember if it was them or the manufactured home dealer that said it should only take a few weeks but it ended up taking a few months. There really was no reason for that but I do have a suspicion that 21st Century and for the most part all of the manufactured home lenders are owned by the same company. It took them a long time to do very basic stuff when they had all the information. I send all the information up front and they asked for stuff again that they already had. That's not uncommon but that's what happened.

21st Mortgage knew what they were doing but the process was not as competent as I've had in the past in loan lending. I've owned regular houses before we got a manufactured home, so I'm not unfamiliar with the mortgage process. It's a little bit more expedient than a mortgage for a regular house and I would give them that. However, it wasn’t going in a systematic manner and the interest rate is relatively high compared the credit union or a bank but I'd use them again for the same thing and would tell people about them.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

This is my first purchase of a manufactured mobile home. I had co-workers that had one already and they financed it with 21st Mortgage Corporation. The loan process was excellent. 21st Mortgage connected me with the rep who processed the loans for California. He is a very nice man and he was very helpful. Every time I called or emailed him, he responded right away. It took between three to four weeks altogether for the loan to be finalized. I've been with 21st Mortgage for a month and a half and so far, I’m very happy with them.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I called to go over some aspects of my mortgage, as my home destroyed in Hurricane Harvey. I was connected to customer service where I spoke with Alissa **. She was very pleasant, listened attentively to my concerns and was able to answer all of my questions. Very pleased.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

We were trying to find a new mobile home but couldn't find a property to put it on. We were already pre-approved by 21st Mortgage for the new mobile home. For our second time with them, our rep Ken was amazing through the whole deal. It was a quick turnaround and all it took was some paperwork. I love their patience and attention to the matter. They did a very good job.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

21st Mortgage was my first choice in companies providing financing options when I got a house from Solitaire Homes. The first part of the application process wasn't that great. There was one guy who went on vacation and they kept asking me for the same stuff I had already sent them. I don't know if it got lost but once the main guy got back and the lady from Solitaire talked to him he got it all rounded up. We got it straightened out. And every time I dealt with somebody they were always professional and they had done a good job of figuring stuff out. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

A real estate agent gave me the name of 21st Mortgage Corporation and spoke quite highly of them so I thought I might as well give them a shot. We had to fill out an enormous pile of papers and all the credit information in that. My wife did most of that part of it and she thought it went pretty quickly. And although there wasn't much need for back and forth contact with the individual I spoke with, he would email me what was required and my wife would give him the information he needed. Everything they told me that would happen happened as quickly as it could possibly be done. It took a while but it was due to the sellers who had problems providing the needed information. Everything went quite smoothly and 21st Mortgage did a very good job.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

21st Mortgage picked up our loan. Their loan process online was nothing difficult at all. We had to gather information about different things including proof of income. We had to show that our other home was paid off and the land that we were going to put the home loan on was ours. Overall, it was a very good experience and I appreciate that they accepted us for the loan.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

The guys who were working with us at a trailer company couldn't get the price down on the trailer we wanted. We couldn't afford it and they said that most of the time, the trailer people go through 21st Mortgage. 21st did a very good job and they worked with the company that we got the trailer through because we told them we've got to have the payments down. We put enough money to get it down to the price that we could afford and it worked out fine. Also, their loan officer was very understandable and the rep who worked with me was very pleasant. He said that if I do not receive a call from him, then the loan went through.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

There's not very many companies that offer what I wanted, but the people that I've talked to at 21st Mortgage have been helpful and they know what they're talking about. The loan process was timely and they handled all their stuff. They got back within a reasonable amount of time and it was within 48 hours. So far, so good.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Someone referred me to 21st Mortgage Corporation. I have bad experiences with the other ones that I've tried and 21st was easier to work with. They quickly get in touch with you as well. The loan process could be faster but I understand that it requires time. Overall, they're a good company.

21st Mortgage Corporation Company Information