Call toll free
4.29/5
Based on 338 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

21st Mortgage Corporation is a full-service, independent agency offering a large range of insurance products and specialize in mortgages for manufactured and prefabricated homes. When you contact 21st Mortgage Corporation, you can rest assured that our knowledgeable staff will educate you and ultimately assist you in finding the option that best suits your needs.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

686 21st Mortgage Corporation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I have been with 21st Mortgage for 8 years now and I am active duty (21 years) stationed abroad. The whole team at 21st knows my story. I am renting my home out in Texas and use a management company. The company pays 21st directly. I received a call from the management company saying there was some needed repairs to the home. So I immediately called 21st and talked to Mark ** and informed him of the situation that my next payment would be short. He stated that he was very familiar with my account and would monitor the situation and would contact me when the payment came in, so I could pay the difference.

I received an email from him on Tuesday at 841 pm my time, so I called Wednesday to pay it. Then Friday I get a message saying my credit score took 27 point hit. In my opinion Mark failed me miserably. If you tell someone you will monitor the situation do what you say. I have worked my ass over the past 20 years to get my credit to where it was yesterday and it takes one person 5 minutes to screw. Thanks 21st and Mark.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

21st Mortgage worked with me. The process of getting a mortgage is like everybody else. I applied and then they asked for information, which I had to give to them. The application took about a month. My payments are kinda high. They gave me not enough years. I was thinking in the beginning that I could get 20 years and they lowered it to 11 years and it made my payments go higher. And then with the interest, it’s terrible. If I would’ve had a chance to make my payment smaller and my interest lower, then I would've been super happy. But in this case, I’m not. Overall, my experience was good but it could’ve been a lot better.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

My ex-wife and I bought three homes, but then we split up. I had to get her name off the lease and the title, so I refinanced it and kept everything the same. It was the first time I've ever refinanced anything by myself my ex-wife took care of everything. The lending process with 21st Mortgage Corporation was not easy at all. It took about three months when it only should've been 30 days. They kept asking me for things. I would send it and it would be wrong. Like this morning, they called wanting for more stuff when it’s already finalized. It’s just annoying doing unending things with them.

And then once it was all over with, I got my first house payment due which I didn’t even get a break from when usually, when you refinance, you’d get 60 to 90 days before your first house payment’s due. They were already looking for a house payment before payment books were out. Also, I always thought that every time I would refinance something, the house payment would go down, but mine didn’t. They stayed about the same which I thought was weird.

On the other hand, the loan officer that I've worked with was good. He did what he was supposed to do really well and I felt that he really helped me. He would apologize everytime he calls when other people would want something else. I snapped a couple of times even if it wasn’t his fault so I apologized to him as well. Overall, I would recommend 21st Mortgage Corporation even though there are a few things they need to work on.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

My neighbor friend bought a home where I was living in this mobile home park and told me about 21st Mortgage. The process was terrible and I had to fax pages and pages of information and my driver’s license didn’t go through and we had to do it again and again. We bought five houses during our lifetime and this was the hardest one that we had to go through. Our credit was good and we didn’t have any problem getting a mortgage but I was almost ready to give up. The realtor didn’t work very well with us but John, the rep from 21st Mortgage was great and tried to help us. I called customer service and the person who talked to me told me what to do with a concern that I had on my mortgage and about paying a little extra every month. I pay everything online but my neighbor friend told me to get the coupon book to follow up and I did. Other than that, I don’t have any problems.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I had a called from 21st Mortgage about my account that wasn't even 15 days past due. The payment was due on the 1st; but my situation had gotten back to normal due to being off work for two months. The financial counselor name Zach ** stated he couldn't work no more on my account due to my situation last month. Now, I paid July payment on the 31st because I was on short term disability with my job. I stated to him that I am the process of returning back to work. My pay check may not be as much this time on the 17th of August; but it will be enough on the 31st of August. He wasn't hearing anything about my situation. He didn't want to see any documents nor listen to what I have to say about why I couldn't give him a payment on August 17th.

Also, I have a insurance claim check that needed endorse by their company for the repairs due to lightning. Since my account wasn't current to 21st Mortgage standards, I couldn't receive my check to pay the contractor for the repairs. So, I called 21st Mortgage back to tell them to apply the payment of the insurance claim check to my delinquency account that is 7 days past due. I never experience anything like this before with any company. I think customer service at 21st Mortgage needs some more training in all departments. You should never go backward and forward with a customer with a tone that is not suitable for the workplace area. This company is always switching financial counselor all the time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I was being forced to find a new place to live and I decided that I would buy something instead of renting again. 21st Mortgage was the mortgage company that my realtor provided to me. They were great. The application process took a little over two weeks and it went really smoothly. My loan officer was very informative and helpful.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I had a good experience with 21st Mortgage. I looked into getting a mortgage for I had debt and I was gonna save some more money every month. Also, I was a first-time home buyer and their application process went well. The loan officer was quick in responding. However, I didn’t give everything on the same day that the process took me two months.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I needed to get out a loan and Ditech wouldn't let me have it. On the other hand, 21st Mortgage Corporation gave me the loan. Their reps knew how to explain things and they were good at answering questions. All in all, the application process took about three months. 21st Mortgage Corporation did well for me and other people should go through them.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

My wife and I were downsizing from a larger home to something a little bit more affordable for this area. Ames is a college town, so the property values and taxes were getting ridiculous. A lot of the other lenders didn’t want to mortgage a mobile home or a manufactured home, but 21st Mortgage had the flexibility and the ability to work with that particular type of home and this was what primarily drew us to them.

However, the process of obtaining our mortgage was a little lengthy and there were a lot of steps. Some of the steps were very exhaustive, like getting the deposit slips for the down payment. There was a lot of paperwork involved and a lot of documentation needed to be acquired and transmitted. As long as we’ve signed off that we’ve provided the required documentation and they've signed off that we've given it to them, the process went ahead. But some of the paperwork was not necessary. We were trying to get everything finished within a month and we didn’t end up making that goal. The support was good, though, and the loan officer was fine. I called on a few occasions and she was very prompt in responding to my email. So far, it has been workings well with 21st Mortgage and I would recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I was tired of looking for apartments and I was looking for a place to settle down. But the mortgage companies had a minimum that wasn't realistic for the houses that we were looking at. On the other hand, 21st Mortgage was simple to work with and their application process wasn’t over-complicated. So, I went with them for the ease of access. Scott, the rep that worked with us, was fantastic and he was a joy to work with.

The application and underwriting process took only four hours to complete, but I ran into a complication and it wasn’t at all due to what 21st Mortgage had done and it wasn’t anything that I could ever fault them with. There was a third party involved and some title issues that we ran into. I applied for the loan in early February, but we didn’t close on the house until late May or early June. If everything had gone the way it should have and if there weren’t any outside factors that we ran into, the lending process would have gone a lot smoother.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

The housing market here in Colorado is astronomical. I went through MH Specialty for a modular house and they went with 21st Mortgage Corporation. My credit score was low enough to go with 21st Mortgage and if it would have been higher, I would have been paying more money. It would have been $67,000 instead of $63,000. The application process took a couple of weeks and everything went smoothly. I'm still early in my process with them, but so far, it's been good. I'd tell others to check them out as I haven't had any problems.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

We moved from one state to another so we decided to get a mortgage. We looked at 21st Mortgage on the internet and went with their house loan to buy a new home. I filled out the paperwork and sent it in. I did it all online. It didn’t take long to fill everything out but it took time for all the paperwork to be approved. But the lending process could be a little smoother if there was a lot less interest. My loan officer was Jonathan. He was too good at his job and he got back to us the same day or the next day if we had a question. All in all, everything went fine with 21st Mortgage.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

My girlfriend and I are retired and getting to a certain age, so I looked into a mortgage and went with 21st Mortgage. The reps that I worked with were really nice and they helped me along since it was my first time to do this and I didn’t know what to do. The lending process took a couple of weeks and everything went well. On the other hand, it took a little longer for my girlfriend's daughter and other people are still in the same process right now. My experience with 21st Mortgage has been great and I've been happy with them.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I was a first time mobile home owner and I dealt with 21st Mortgage through my realtor or broker. Their mortgage process was very thorough. There was a lot of paperwork and some papers were not exactly perfect so we had to go back and change things. The process took about a month and a half. My mortgage officer was Ryan and he was wonderful. He was really helpful and he also thanked and congratulated me which was good. I call the people at 21st Mortgage when I need help but sometimes, they are pretty busy and I have to call back and leave a message but we got things done. Ryan had a lot on his hands but he took the time for each person and it was like wow.

Right now, I’m taken off the track because I got a phone call and then a text giving me a warning that I’m already in past due, but I haven’t even started yet and I didn’t appreciate that. I asked him if I could skip the payment for July because I just moved in and I had to pay the space fee upfront first before. He said I could do it for August and I'll be fine. My experience with 21st Mortgage was great and I recommend them to anyone but they could have more offices -- I think they only work out of Tennessee.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I felt very good about the mortgage application process with 21st Mortgage. It was easy with them. I bought a property in Minnesota and worked with a fantastic rep who always answered his phone and emailed right away whenever I called or asked something. The whole process took about three weeks and everything worked out alright.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I was looking to purchase a manufactured home and 21st Mortgage had some products that helped me out. They were easy to work with, very prompt in responding to any questions, kept in good communication with me during the whole process and did a great job overall. The application and underwriting process took a couple of months because I work for the Postal Service and they wanted a written verification of employment which took some time. So far, the experience has been good and people should consider 21st Mortgage.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

My experience with 21st Mortgage Corporation was good and I liked it. It was a first-time home buying, and obtaining the mortgage was easy. They made it out for me and I liked the numbers, so I went with them. I'm not the smartest guy but I got through the overall lending process. It took a couple of weeks to get all my paperwork done and from there, we looked for a house or a place. There were also emails sent back and forth between my girlfriend and my loan officer.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I felt perfectly comfortable working with 21st Mortgage. After a lot of googling, a different loan company told me about them. I went with 21st Mortgage because they were the only place that would offer a loan on a single wide mobile home. Their reps were friendly and knowledgeable and they quickly resolved my needs.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

We live in a house that we leased to buy agreement with the owners and finance a loan. They told us at any time if we wanted to get the house under our name, we could find a lender. Also they told us that the mortgage was with 21st Mortgage Corporation, not knowing that the said mortgage had been sold to another bank in 2014. So, we started the process with 21st Mortgage looking at almost like a loan origination. We would take over the payments and then come to find out, it wasn’t, so we went ahead to file and to get it in our name because it was a really good deal. The price of the house that was left over, they were willing to let it go for the payoff and it took a while.

The first application I did was back in January and I got a flat denial through a letter in the mail. Nobody ever called me and said why or what I needed to do to change it. When my mother-in-law decided she would give some of the money to put down on the home, I called to find out how much we would have to have and they said 38% of what was owed. I had asked the exact amount and they said it was roughly about $11,000. I felt that they didn’t want to really help me at first, but once I took my husband off the application, I was approved and they said they could help me.

The entire process took a month and a half and I was unable to talk to the loan officer. I tried to call him several times and would leave messages, but he would never return it. The only way he would ever correspond with me was via email, even down to, "You're approved. It's done. It's finalized. The house is yours," was by an email. He could have returned my phone calls or explain that it is best that I could get to him by email. There were also times when I would ask multiple questions in an email and he would respond back, but only answer one, but I didn’t fully understand it because this was my first time.

I had referred friends through traditional mortgages and they were told what's happening by either their real estate agent or the loan originator. They're like the title company and there were staff and ETA on closing dates. I never knew when that was and it was all finalized on 6/8. However, the paperwork says 5/21 so it is confusing. Maybe it's because that the loan is not a traditional loan or traditional mortgage. Even on my credit card, it shows up as "other loan." It looks like I took out a personal loan at the bank and it doesn’t show up as a mortgage, but it's in my name and that's all that matters.

In addition, when I called into the main customer service line, I got rerouted probably 7 to 10 times before I finally found out that they don’t do a loans origination fee and how to apply. I sat a good two hours on the phone before I got somebody to tell me how to apply or to send me an application. One person would say, "You need to go here." But then I'd get that person and I'd explain the situation again, they're like, "You need to go here. And nope, you need a refinance." The, I was told I didn't need a refinance because it was not in my name and it was a purchase. So, it was hard telling my story multiple times and then getting the runaround from different people.

Maybe certain people didn’t understand or I didn’t explain myself well, but it would be helpful if the people who answered the phone would have a little more knowledge on who to go to. When I applied, the same thing happened that I went through four people before I got the person that was handling it. There was Adam's assistant that helps gather things or does the application that he gets on to the loan originators and that's difficult.

Other than that, I would recommend 21st Mortgage because of their rate. Also, transacting with them through email makes it easy. You don’t have to go to a bank, sign papers and you don’t have to go to a meeting. With our technology and stuff, I can do everything from work because a lot of times, people don’t have the time or they have to take time off of work to get that stuff done. So, it was nice that I could do that. In addition, Adam was always really nice in his emails and never was short with me. Lastly, I'm saving about $300 a month. So, having my loan with 21st Mortgage makes a difference.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Buying a home was a first time thing for us, and we were nervous at first but it was a good experience working with 21st Mortgage. We turned to them since a family member had used them and also because other people didn’t wanna mess with us. Getting the mortgage was a long process but it was smooth and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was gonna be. I had to do my signing and with my fiancee doing a lot of it, which wasn’t bad for her, the process took about a month and we’re here now. Still, not having to put so much down would’ve been cool.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

We just bought the house that we've been living in. What I had heard from people made us choose 21st Mortgage over other lenders and they were great. Tyler, the loan officer I worked with, was quick about answering back all my questions. The application process was easy and we closed the loan in less than a month.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

We found a second property that we wanted to purchase, which was a manufactured home, and 21st Mortgage was able to finance that. We were almost at closing with our first company but then they decided it was too risky on a manufactured home. So we specifically went with somebody who deals with manufactured housing lending. We applied with 21st Mortgage online on a Friday afternoon and got the email approval in a couple of hours. The process was smooth and I did not even have to do an appraisal because the tax value of the of the land that the house was on was so high. 21st could use the NADA value of the house. We dealt with Tyler and he was amazing and very knowledgeable. Lauren, who was on the home loan department was amazing as well.

The people at 21st were very upfront and sent us a detailed list of everything we needed to do and as we checked it off, we sent it in and they would send an update almost every day with what else still needed to be done. We’ve set up the bi-weekly payments and it has been very good. I am very happy with them and would have other people contact them immediately.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

We were purchasing a modular home in a 55+ community. We had to get a mortgage because our son is buying our house. We went with 21st Mortgage Corporation and their application process was very easy. Joy, the contact person, was very kind, understanding and answered our questions. We were sending everything to her and to the underwriter's email address as we were instructed, but things weren’t getting uploaded right, so she finally said to simply send it all to her and she would offload it. She took care of all those issues and we were really happy with her. We also had had an issue and we were holding the mortgage on our house that it took a little longer that way until we got all the paperwork and everything done. After that, the application and underwriting process took about four weeks.

The toughest part was in closing because we weren’t quite sure how we were supposed to handle that since it was so different from a regular bank mortgage. That was confusing on our end even being part of the industry of who was gonna handle that and how our seller was going to get her money. Normally, you sign all the papers, everybody gets their check and it's over. 21st Mortgage told us what the process had to be and we simply had to adapt. I felt bad for the seller because she was in her 80's handling everything by herself and it was very confusing for her. She didn’t want to sign everything over and then have to wait three or four days to get her money. If you're buying a brand new one, it's a whole different process because they're used to waiting for their money to get there and they're installing your place by that time. So, for an individual person selling an established home, it was a little bit tough.

Other than that, I was really pleased with 21st Mortgage. We changed our insurance after we had closed, we called their number and we got really nice people. They helped us walk right through it and it was a very easy process. So, all the contact even afterwards has been good. If we ever sell a mobile home and somebody needs a mortgage on, we'll recommend 21st Mortgage.

Original review: July 31, 2018

We were shopping for a mobile home and 21st Mortgage was suggested to us since they lend for mobile homes. I went online and filled out an application form which started the ball rolling. It was pretty straightforward and the application didn’t take too long. However, the underwriting process was arduous and it took a couple of months from beginning to end. We got hung up on the interpretation of coverage for insurance and even though we satisfied the benchmark, the time was at the end so we got to quit the scramble for another insurance company at the last minute at a much higher rate.

They put together a package and they included their own insurance company that they would recommend for the loan. The cost was $3000 every year and when I asked why it was so high, I was told that it was because of the age of the mobile home. It felt like somebody was getting paid off under the table here for the addition. I had people of similar aged mobile home like mine in San Diego County and the insurance was worth $400-$700. I talked to my dealer and they get raised from $400-$700 for the complete coverage and it seemed normal. That was way over the norm, something was very wrong about that and I’m glad I caught it.

They said they needed give you the minimum coverage. They give you the dollar amount and I got that through AAA in the form of insurance. Even though the insurance agent said I was covered, he didn’t accept that because they have a 20% allowance above and beyond that would have covered everything for complete replacement. They wanted a higher amount. We found another insurance company for mobile homes that would cover the entire amount and we were happy about that. It was the complete coverage for $700 secure. Other than that, I was satisfied. Everything went on schedule and according to plan. They were very thoughtful and and they produced all the documentation. Sometimes, they kept asking for paperwork that we already sent and I’m sure they were getting those documents but I just re-fax and re-fax.

I wouldn’t recommend 21st Mortgage to other people if they could find another vendor. I know the people at 21st Mortgage were busy. I phoned a lot and I approached the lending agent. I talked to her directly or Gmail and they seemed like they were overworked. Then she’d be on vacation and so I would be transferred to another department when I called them. It got a little disappointing toward the end as we approach our closing date. They got nervous and we wanna make sure that it happens by the closing date. We finally did it but it was down to the wire. It was harder and pretty long.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I was looking to buy a single wide mobile home. It was already set up on acreage of property and there are only a few that would do it these days, and 21st is one of them. The lady that helped me, Joy, was very good and we got through it all and got it done. She got back with me like she said she would. The experience was great.

Original review: July 31, 2018

21st Mortgage was one of the lenders that were offered when I was looking up for manufactured homes. They told me everything that they were gonna be needing and I was able to send everything quickly to them, though I had to keep resending some information a couple of times. But it went a lot smoother than I expected and it wasn’t as bad as I was expecting. We knew everything within a month. Also, their rep was really good. She was patient and informed us of everything that was going in. And it made me feel comfortable, especially as a first time home buyer and being involved with something like this.

Original review: July 30, 2018

We purchased a home and we were originally looking at a credit union but they had a few hang-ups. 21st Mortgage was suggested to us by one of the mortgage companies that we were originally working with and we were very pleased with their response time. Ken, the mortgage officer that I was working with was very responsive to emails. We had quite a few emails back and forth throughout the process and it took him 10-15 minutes to respond back to me. It was amazing and that was the best part of trying to do everything over email. I wish their interest rates were a little bit better but the approval process took just a couple of days and they don’t have any prepayment penalty which is good.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I moved to Florida and found a place I could afford off the bat. I looked for a mortgage to buy a mobile home and 21st Mortgage was the only one that offered to cover the mobile home. They asked me a bunch of questions which was not fun, and with some of the questions they asked, they turned around and asked them again. Then they had to double-file those stuff. Every time I called there, I talked to more than one rep and they asked the same questions. I work during the day so my wife did most of the calling, and we told them to call her but then they still called me. It turned out good at the end though.

Original review: July 29, 2018

The mobile home park recommended 21st Mortgage and when we applied, the application and underwriting process took 30 days. The rep was good and helped us out a lot but we had a lot of difficulty making our first payment since nobody ever gave us any information of where to send it, what to do and how to identify it. I’m still waiting for my coupon book and we called and let them know when we made our last payment. They were still waiting for our coupon book for future payments.

Original review: July 29, 2018

21st Mortgage was the one that pretty much does mobile home mortgages. The application and underwriting took three weeks. I emailed their rep and then there was some paperwork that needed to be done. He was responsive when I sent him an email and he usually gets back to me within a day.

21st Mortgage Corporation Company Information

620 Market Square
Knoxville
TN
www.21stmortgage.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business