4.40/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

21st Mortgage Corporation is a full-service, independent agency offering a large range of insurance products and specialize in mortgages for manufactured and prefabricated homes. When you contact 21st Mortgage Corporation, you can rest assured that our knowledgeable staff will educate you and ultimately assist you in finding the option that best suits your needs.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

929 21st Mortgage Corporation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: April 21, 2019

When we originally bought our home, we had our loan through Chase and it got sold to 21st Mortgage. I contacted 21st Mortgage and did a refinance with them, wherein the application and underwriting process for that took two weeks. Nicki was the one who took care of me. She was good to work with and was very polite. Talking to her on the phone was more like a friendly atmosphere. She was also very informative in telling me what to do and supplied me with a checklist of things that I needed to give her. She made things easier and kept me updated all the time. She did a good job.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2019

My ex-wife needed some help buying a little place. She had good credit, she just didn’t have any income right now. She had a couple of knee surgeries so she isn't working. I told her I'd help her out and decided to get a mortgage since it was cheaper to buy a place than for her to pay rent. The mortgage is in my name and I have declared it. I bought a place for her and either she or I will be making the payments since we get along fine. There are only a couple of mortgage companies that did mobile homes and 21st Mortgage was one of them and decided to get a mortgage from them.

However, I was upset with 21st Mortgage's application process. It was very much $65,000 after the down payment and there was always something else they needed that I didn't think was very important. They wanted so much information. Wanting all this source of down payment and having to give them all my bank statements and verification, it was very intrusive. I gave them my income tax returns, but they wanted me to sign where they could verify that it was my tax returns. The stuff they needed was a bit much for the amount of money.

There are people every day who goes down to a car dealer and buys a $60,000 car in an hour. It's the same thing with a mortgage, and a mortgage is a secured loan even. The funds are there and my credit is excellent. They don’t need to know where I got the funds. It's not their business how I earned it, what have I sold to get it or what trade I made. Nevertheless, the rep, who I worked with at 21st Mortgage, was very nice, and I understood that the reps have their policies of what they gotta do.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I bought a new home and everything went well with my experience with 21st Mortgage. However, there was a lack of communication with Joe, the rep, in explaining what was going on. I would get things the same day and then not hear back for a week or two. And that was quite a frustrating situation for me. I wasn't being updated. He could've simply called or emailed back.

I was a 1099 employee and they were having a hard time clarifying what was needed and what the issue was. So I've called a couple of times and left voicemails directly. And throughout the whole process, I have never spoken with him. That was just odd to me. I just wish, especially with my situation with some obstacles to overcome as far as financing, that it was streamlined a little more with communication. But other than that, everything on the backend has been fantastic. I received a couple of phone calls so far. Everything has been very simple ever since we got past the one individual.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I had to go through 21st's process for their mortgage. Everything was online and it was a really hands-off electronic type of experience. However, they were too much of an automated system. The process was managed by email but then there wasn't that person pushing the loan through. It felt like I was filing a process so that when I jump, they put me back in line. It wasn't very interactive. Still, that might be ideal for some people.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Everything was wonderful with 21st Mortgage. The trailer that I was trying to buy belonged to my brother and since that's the mortgage company that he used, I figured it would be easier to use them as well. The only I didn’t like was how long it took. But that was due to the fact that we had to provide certain things because we didn’t meet the criteria in the beginning. However, we ended up adding a third party, which is my daughter, and we ended up qualifying so everything was great. It was a good experience and I would recommend them to anybody.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: April 16, 2019

I decided to look into a mortgage to get a new place and my real estate provided me with 21st Mortgage Corporation. The process of obtaining the mortgage took about three to four weeks and it was simple. It was a good experience. I worked with Chris and it was easy working with him. It was all straightforward and everything was clear.

Original review: April 15, 2019

My mortgage representative was Kelly and the communication was wonderful. She never missed a beep. She kept me in the loop on everything that was going on and what the next step was. The experience was so smooth, although it probably took longer than most. But that wasn’t their fault. I needed it to go that way because the seller had cancer and couldn’t move right away. My paperwork took longer to get back to 21st Mortgage. But once I got it back to them, I would get a response that day or the next morning. Then we would go to the next step. So it was perfect. I've even told my retired friends that if they want to get a mortgage, they have to go to Kelly.

Original review: April 14, 2019

We were buying a place and the seller recommended 21st Mortgage to us. They said that 21st Mortgage would be willing to give a loan based off a trailer that is older than 15 years old. The application process wasn't bad and I liked how they automated some things in terms of signatures and all that fun stuff. However, I wasn't happy because we almost didn’t set on the date we were supposed to because of a deed paperwork that was done wrong on both the place we were buying from and on the person who was working at 21st Mortgage.

It was a month out when we selected the date and neither party looked at the fact that it was on a Saturday and that the paperwork wouldn't be done on time. We worked with a single 21st Mortgage rep and it took a lot of communication and a lot of time on our end to get things resolved. We were prepared and we turned in the things that we needed to do in more than enough time to do it. Also, the rep's job was to help us through the process but as soon as there was any type of confrontation, she backs out and doesn't want to talk. The first time I had the conversation with her, I raised my voice and she shut down. She was then wanting to go through email instead of me calling her.

We ended up getting special permission from the sellers to move in on a Saturday, even though they weren’t getting their check until Monday. After everything was settled, the place that we bought from told us that because of the challenges we went through with 21st Mortgage during this loan process and another experience they had with them with another client, they were looking for another loan company that would be willing to do older homes.

Original review: April 13, 2019

21st Mortgage Corporation was the only one that would loan on the house that I wanted. It was a new home purchase and the application process was easy. The application and underwriting process ended up taking about a month or two. The loan officers weren't easy to get in contact with, but they explained things well.

Original review: April 12, 2019

We made a new home purchase for my son, a wedding gift type of thing, and got mortgage through 21st Mortgage. The company had good rates and the application was straightforward. It was an easy lending process and Jonathan did a good job with it. He outlined all the stuff that we needed, initially, which was really helpful. We had a checklist of documentation that needed to be given and every time we submitted something to him, he would come back and give us an updated one so we could see where we were and what to expect. Overall, I am happy with my experience with them.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I tried a lending provider before and they said that they wouldn't do a loan on a mobile home that was more than 15 years old, but 21st Mortgage Corporation would, so I chose them. However, the application process was extremely difficult. I started the mortgage process and they told me after I got everything all sent in that it was the wrong thing and that I needed to go through a different division. I had to send everything in all over again. They also said that I didn’t send some of the stuff that they received, although I did. It was very confusing. But the loan officer was helpful and he got it done, and he gave the information that I needed after I got to the rate guy.

Original review: April 10, 2019

21st Mortgage Corporation was the quickest and easiest to work with. I went with a loan for a manufactured home and the application process was quick, easy, and convenient. I didn’t have to meet with people in person and everything was done via email and on the phone. The application and underwriting process took less than a month. The loan officer that I worked with was easy to contact via email for I couldn't call all the time because I have crazy work hours and all of my questions and concerns were addressed well.

Original review: April 9, 2019

We bought a manufactured home and my real estate agent had recommended 21st Mortgage Corporation. I thought about a different company, but on his recommendation, I decided to call 21st Mortgage. I applied online and they let me know how I was doing. The loan officer was very helpful and friendly. He was always there for me to contact and returns my calls quickly. We decided that we’d discuss the price and my credit background. Then I got approved. The application and underwriting process took a couple of weeks only. I was pleased with the process.

Original review: April 8, 2019

The person I bought my double-wide from suggested 21st Mortgage Corporation and I liked everything about this company. They were very quick, thorough and they explained everything that I needed to know. They told me what documents I needed. They sent me updates on what they had received and what was still missing. It went very quickly and smoothly. The customer service was excellent and the process was a lot easier than I thought it was gonna be. The whole thing took a few weeks. We were mailing things back and forth. Ken, the agent I was talking to, answered my phone calls and emails right away. I didn’t have to sit and wonder what was going on. I would recommend 21st Mortgage Corporation to anybody.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I was buying a new home and the process of getting a mortgage was straightforward. I got approved quickly at 21st Mortgage but the whole process took us a bit longer than I expected. I bought a house one time before and I know it usually takes 30 days but it took us about two months. Nicki, the rep, was nice and she helped me out. It was fairly easy to get ahold of her. Sometimes, I would call and it would take her a day to get back with me but for email, she would answer right away.

Original review: April 6, 2019

When I was purchasing a mobile home from a poor lady, I called a local agent here. He recommended 21st Mortgage Corporation very highly. He even mentioned Ken’s name. He said to talk to that guy if I wanted to get anything done. Ken got everything set up and he sent me the forms. I filled them out and sent them back. We communicated by telephone and by computer. He told me what to do and had the appraisal for me. He even included the homeowner's insurance in the mortgage payment.

As far as I’m concerned, Ken is a genius. He was right on the money. Every time I asked a question, he had an answer. Every time I needed him, he was there. He was a perfect gentleman throughout the whole process. And that includes the other side of the deal, too. The seller gave him a call one day and he reassured her. I explained her situation to him, so he knew that she was a distraught widow. He handled her with kid gloves and she was pleased as Punch with him. I would recommend anyone to 21st Mortgage. They are doing an excellent job and helping out old people like me. Plus, they are courteous and kind.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I got a 23-year fixed with 21st Mortgage Corporation and all went good. I had a hard time dealing with the loan officer at first but once the ball started rolling, it was pretty good. He emailed me all the time and called me three or four times. The process took about 45 days altogether and that timeframe was pretty good.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 4, 2019

This company is horrible. Price agreed upon, ready to settle, they raise the price of home! Things they said they would take care of Never Happened. Went back on their word more than once. They agreed to pay the lot rent for the home that was past due before we purchased. Guess what, received call, it was Never Paid, and they are now refusing to pay it. They owned the property at the time, not me. Awful Experience! I will never deal with this company again, and I would suggest anyone who sees this company name on a property to walk the other way.

21st Mortgage Corporation response

I'm sorry you have had a bad experience, and I'm sure there has been a misunderstanding. Please contact our office to discuss your troubles.

Original review: April 4, 2019

My real estate agent recommended 21st Mortgage Corporation. The process of obtaining the mortgage for a new home went really smoothly. 21st Mortgage was very good about getting back to me when I sent things in, so I was pleased with that. The application process, which was very easy, and the underwriting process took about two months. It might not be quite that long, but I was really busy at that time too, so it was slowed down because of me. Everything was done by email, and I would have liked to have a call to explain everything to me in detail without just having to read it all on the email. But any time I would call, Ryan was very easy to get to and he was very helpful and efficient. He impressed me, about how quick he would always get back to me or answer my calls.

Original review: April 3, 2019

21st Mortgage was recommended as one of only two lenders in my areas that would do the type of mortgage that I was looking for so I went with their program called chattel. I went through an easy process. Initially, I did everything online and then it was followed up with a loan officer. Her name was Kellie and I was constantly in contact with her. She was nonstop sending me updates on what was going on and what was needed. She was very responsive and was always available. If I had any questions, I would ask and she would get the answers for me right away. When I applied originally, I didn’t have that the 20% down, so she tried to brainstorm with me on what else I could do. I liked her a lot and I was extremely comfortable working with her throughout the process.

But when I applied there were some issues at first on another hang-up pertaining to the loan, so it had to be put on hold and then reapplied. Everything was so crazy and the whole process took four weeks. Despite that, it was done quickly and I had all the information that I needed. The lending process was all very smooth and everything was done in a very informative way. Everything was sent to me as soon as possible. It was just good communication and so I was completely happy. I would recommend 21st Mortgage to anyone.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 2, 2019

I am 2 months behind on my mortgage payment and I tried to make a payment today and then set up another one in two weeks to catch up. I'm 64 years old and disabled. I have never in my life been treated so badly. The rep was so rude to me! They didn't even offer any help in my situation. I asked for a supervisor and they said that they didn't have any. I bought this mobile home in 1989 for $20,000.00 and for some unknown reason I now owe over $60,000.00. I didn't buy my mortgage from them... My mortgage was sold several times and each time they sold they never took out payments that I made to the other mortgage companies. How do I get help? They are ripping me off something terrible. If you are considering using this company... do yourself a favor and get another one. If anyone knows of an attorney or help with my situation please let me know. Thanks.

21st Mortgage Corporation response

I'm sorry you have had a bad experience. Please call the office and we will explain your loan to you and make any arrangement for your situation.

Original review: April 1, 2019

21st Mortgage Corporation was the only one I could find that financed used manufactured homes and the application process was easy and to the point. The loan officer, Bryan, was excellent. He was so helpful and so friendly. My questions and concerns were 100% addressed. If a friend or a family member was interested in going after a mobile home, I would tell them to contact 21st Mortgage.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I got a mortgage for a new home purchase. Since 21st Mortgage Corporation specialized in mobile homes, I went with them. The application process was speedy, finished it quickly and was through almost right away. It was a good process. The loan officer I worked with was great. She answered all my questions in a timely manner and she was very friendly and nice. I'd tell everyone that going through 21st Mortgage is a good idea. They’re good.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I would definitely recommend 21st Mortgage Corporation to other people if they’re getting their first house or if they are refinancing. The company is excellent. I’ve had them going on 15 years now and there were no hiccups over that period of time. The latest I did with them was a refinance and it is almost paid off. I refinanced for 22 years to help us around here. The process of doing it was not long at all. It was super easy. Everything was straightforward. Being away from them and not having any contact or one-on-one with anyone, it went as well as it could. The loan officer, Joe, was excellent.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

There were only two mortgage companies I could've gone through. I went with 21st and got a 30-year fixed conventional loan. The application process for it was done mostly online. My loan officer, Karen, did a pretty good job as far as keeping up with everything that was going on. The only thing that was never communicated to me was when my first payment was actually due. I got a call from collection saying that I was already late and that I should've received a coupon book. I didn't receive a coupon book ‘til after the payment was already due. So I didn't know when it was supposed to be mailed in. I’m satisfied with them but my experience would be better if they could come up with better interest rates.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

21st Mortgage Corporation was able to do the loan that we needed for a mobile home on leased land. So, we went with them over other lenders. Their application process was pretty good. However, they said it was gonna be one amount of money but then, as soon as we got that amount, it seemed like they said there was gonna be another amount on top of that. In the end, it worked out but once they told us one amount, we would've liked to stay with that and it would have been better if it was told upfront.

Other than that, we worked with Tyler and he was nice. We really liked working with him and he helped us through it as much as he could. He was really good and he helped us understand what we needed to do. And he got back to us pretty quickly most times. But one day, I talked to him then I messaged him an hour later, and his phone said that he was out of the office for four days. But I was just talking to him an hour before that so I found that weird. There were two occasions where he did that and I thought that was a little strange. But besides that, he usually let me know after I said something to him. I also would recommend 21st Mortgage to other people.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

We were looking to purchase another home. I've tried a couple other places, and 21st Mortgage was the one that would work with us. Their application process seemed easy, too. I worked with Tyler. We looked at several homes, and I had to get pre-approvals for each home we were working with. But he was quick to get back with us and it was like we weren't bothering him anytime we had any questions.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Thanks to 21st Mortgage we are now homeowners. Ryan ** was exceptionally helpful from beginning to end. He took his time explaining the process along the way and never made us feel we were a bother with our many questions. I would recommend them highly when it comes to your home lending needs.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

A buddy of mine purchased a single-wide home through 21st Mortgage and he told me how to go about borrowing money for a single-wide 'cause nobody else will finance it. I called 21st and got ahold of one of the guys there. He walked me right through the process and it was simple. He emailed me and then I faxed the document back to him. We kept making that packet go down lower and the next thing I know, it was done. It was a pretty good, smooth process going by mail. It was a wonderful and very quick process.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Getting a mortgage with 21st Mortgage was our only choice. We couldn’t get anybody else to refinance with a mobile home in our area. The process of obtaining the mortgage took a lot longer than it should have, but there was nothing that I could do about it. The lending process started sometime in November and it didn’t finish until the end of January. Nikki, the loan officer, was available most of the time when I needed to talk to her and I didn’t have any problem with her. I understood that she had a lot to do and I didn’t get upset. When I could finally get ahold of her, she proceeded with what I needed to know and there weren’t any delays. The delays were not in the 21st Mortgage area. It was when the appraiser didn’t get his notice of where we were for 10 days after it was asked for.

The rate of the mortgage that I received was higher than it should be. But it's lower than it was so I'm doing better. Another thing was that I had already prepaid my taxes for the property, but then I had to pay for that again. Also, I had already prepaid my insurance for my mobile, manufactured home until August, but then I had to pay again for that too. So, I'm trying to figure out how come I had to pay so much on doubled duties and the only refund that I saw coming back my way was one payment that I made after the process was almost ready to be finished. Despite all that, if you've got the time and you don’t have any other choices, go for 21st Mortgage.

21st Mortgage Corporation Company Information