21st Mortgage Corporation

If I could give them negative stars I would. If you have a choice do not, I repeat, DO NOT use them. My mortgage was sold to them a few years ago and they've been terrible. I contacted them to get the payoff amount in July, they gave it to me and I paid it. I received a call in September telling me that my mortgage was past due. We argued that it had been paid off and they found fees that meant I still owed money. I paid those fees and was told that the mortgage was paid off. I received a payment book for my mortgage in October.

I phoned and was assured that my account balance was zero. I asked for a letter stating that along with a breakdown of my payments. When I received that breakdown it showed that I once again had a balance and that the payoff payment made in July had disappeared (though I did have an overage in my loan.) I am now receiving calls AGAIN that the mortgage that was paid off in July is overdue. This is beyond ridiculous. They are nothing more than con artists who keep "losing" payments and creating fees so that you never actually pay off the loan. Run if you can.

This company is the worst company to ever deal with on a mortgage. If you are ever getting a home loan do not go through them!!! They have no compassion or concern for any of their clients. We did not have the money to pay our payment this month and I called on the 3rd of the month and told them the funds would not be in the bank even though they never pull the money out of our account until the 14th or 15th of the month. They asked why I couldn't pay my payment and demanded I tell them everything when, how, and why? I couldn't then they demanded that I borrow the money from friends, family or stranger if I had to. I talked to Ben first then they disconnected me. Then I talk to another guy and he put me on the phone with a supervisor. All three of them told me over and over again to go borrow the money from somebody and make my payment before November was up!!!

I told them I would pay them both house payments on the 1st of December because that's when I would have the funds... they said that was completely unacceptable and that I was throwing in the towel. I told them I wasn't throwing in the towel I couldn't even pay my light bill this month and I already had to borrow money for that so I could not borrow money for the house payment. They tried to keep me on the phone and demanding that I figured out a way to pay it now!!! I went off on them and hung up. I could not deal with the harassment over the phone after the way that 3 of Century 21 employees treated my family and I like we were not human beings... Consumer Affairs I hope that you are looking at all these people's comments because what they are saying is 100% true about this company, I know I've had personal experience now!

My fiancé was 30 days late once on the loan from 21st Mortgage due to work issues. Adam ** and his Supervisor Leah were very rude and disrespectful. Adam went to say there is no reason why we should have been late and that it was 5 weeks in September so he should have been able to pay. I informed him of the work situation and that it would be taken care of this coming Thursday and he was like, "That is unacceptable."

The staff at 21st mortgage did not care about the situation that had come up in our lives to cause us to be 30 days over this one time. They have no customer service skills and should not be allowed to speak to people in that manner but even with speaking to the Supervisor Leah she was rude too so she's not even a role model in her position. Maybe they just all hate their jobs so much because they have to call and harass people all day that they take it out on everyone else. You losers should have gone to school to get a college degree and then maybe you wouldn't dislike your job so much. HORRIBLE COMPANY TO DEAL WITH.

I was approved and halfway through the purchasing process on a repo home of theirs. My deposit was down and buyers agreement signed. I was sending in all paperwork as requested and had a lot being laid out for the new home to be placed on. Next thing I know the dealer (middle man) tells me that it looks like things aren't working and mentions how the bank feels they can sell this home for more money than they were asking.

Later that same day I was also told by middle man that the home was discovered to have major frame damage and to come pick my deposit check up. Come to find out the bank (while the home was still under my buyers contract and deposit) removed the home from dealers site before I could even contact back - I wasn't given any other options. They transported it to another site, jacked the price up by $15,000 and never even told me prior to doing so! And I have yet to receive any contact from 21st. I am out of time and money and they have negatively impacted my credit report just for them to make some extra cash on a home that may or may not really have FRAME DAMAGE!

This company buys out mortgages from other companies and does not pay the money to get the titles switched to their name. Please be advised that if your loan was originally through Chase, then you might want to verify that all of your paperwork was processed correctly. This company just cost me my house because they never filed for the title when they took over the mortgage. So basically if they were cheap and lazy on your account too, then you are paying for a mortgage for years and will not have a clear title at payoff.

I was advised yesterday with Adam at their company, that "they walked away from my title" and that "I never had a mortgage with them, just an installment plan". Then why does it say 21st Mortgage on my payment book and who has been pocketing my money all these years? Cheating the American people in this day and age is your worst mistake. I will not sit quietly by and watch you screw over others as you have done me. Buyers beware!! You have been warned about these con artist.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Mortgage Corporation?

If you can do not use this mortgage company. They are the meanest people. I had surgery and me and my husband has fell on hard times. We have always paid never ever even been a month behind only a week or two. They call and harass us everyday. Telling us to borrow the money from someone else. They are unbelievable. I would under if we were a month behind or something but we never are. They threatened to take our home away. One time they told me, "Would you rather have a house for your children or Christmas?" I mean come on. Everyone do yourself a favor do not use this company. I'm currently looking into refinance my mortgage with someone else just to get away from them.

I never applied for a loan with 21st Century Mortgage. My Home Equity loan with GMAC Mortgage got sold off numerous times and ended up with 21st Century Mortgage. As a GMAC employee we were always told our mortgages would never be sold off, however it happened with no warning. When signing this line of credit, I had no idea there was an accelerated payment schedule on it and the payments increased by almost 400% with no warning. I tried to set up a different payment schedule on a longer term payout and the customer service people were no help. They kept sending me back to my primary mortgage which is with another company and not offering any help or ideas at all. Would not recommend this company for any loan.

As a seller I had my buyer contact several companies to find a mortgage company to finance this for us. She contacted the company and began the process in the middle of April and as of the date of this complaint (July 5) the property still has not closed. The application process to 3 weeks then the appraisal company that 21st wanted to use took over a month to appraise the property. Usually a 4-5 day process. After the appraisal was submitted the underwriters received the paperwork and began the 3-week process of doing the paperwork. Every time we call to check on the progress they say "we are working on it!" but apparently they aren't or it would be over and done by now. I have to wonder how many people they have working there and if they are seeking the Guinness book of records title for the longest closing in history. I think someone is making a career out of our closing.

I sent my May's payment in which was half with April and then sent the other half with June's 1st 2016 payment. Sean ** was answering my emails but now he wouldn't. My loan officer Shaun ** also is doing the same thing because I went off on him. I know what it is like to go into a foreclosure, it's not fun. This is frustrating. Why are they not cashing my June's check? It usually only takes 3 days and it's still in my bank account. Why wouldn't they tell me anything. They bought my loan, I didn't come to them for a loan.

They need to keep their website open to make a payment. I don't have a phone at this time trying to pay my major bills. I thought my car loan was bad but my mobile loan is worse. They send you a paper saying "if we can help let us know". Is that just a show? They don't want to help you. I don't need this added stress, it makes me sicker when I am stressed out. Who do you call for help. I want to know why they are not cashing my check. Why can't I find someone nice that will answer my question.

Mobile Home loan interest rates and structures result in a borrower paying up to three times the price of their home. I have taken out a personal loan to pay off my "mortgage" that will save me tens of thousands of dollars. 21st Mortgage failed to pay my property taxes on times both years they were responsible for doing so and did not pay my mortgage insurance as is required and moneys are escrowed for in my mortgage agreement. Employees are not well-educated on their loan product and empowered to take care of customer servicing needs. 21st Mortgage had no way to make sure that my property tax is paid every year on time.

Nasty people, rude, and discriminative! I should have seen the signs in the beginning right when I was applying and never proceeded. I will never recommend this company to anyone. The agents are rude -- that's because they are being told by Corporate to do so. They are aware that their agents are treating consumers in a nasty way, and the culture of the company tolerates it! They should be included in the list of predatory lenders! Never, ever, ever get in a mortgage with this company!!!

I was dealing with 21st mortgage for 8 years on a mortgage for my home and I kept requesting a refinance for a lower interest rate. To no avail, they would not do it. I was overcharged on this loan which was for 15 years. Then I got a refinance from another company in 2015 and paid off 21st in November. I was one 30 days late due to the loan originate told me not to pay. Well 21st was aware I was working on a refinance. I was called and harassed and threaten to borrow money from family and friends if I wanted to keep my house. A Simon called on several occasions. I got in debt and borrowed money and paid mortgage and still got a refinance. The money I paid in was sent back after 46 days, if not longer.

The interest paid in the house was only 3,000 dollars on my 2015 tax statement and I was paying 707.00 a month. I feel that 21st should of paid me back some of the money because I paid the loan off before the 15 years and they never said nothing about doing that. I was charged the original amount and they had me at a 10.25 interest. They are the rudest company and they have no respect for anyone. They are the worse company and I will never recommend them to anyone.

Please help me. I am about to get a lawyer and file a legal suit. I feel they could communicate better with their customers. They told me that even though I never missed a payment they would take my house. The federal trade commission sees all these complaints. People should get some form of satisfaction. That is wrong for hardworking individuals. If any question please feel free to contact me at ** or my friend Barbara ** whom I authorize you to speak to that has been helping me at **.

We got behind because I had a stroke in May, 2014. They told him to borrow the money. We finally got someone to work w/ us & were 1 day late getting back to them (twice). They denied us. We have tried 3 times since 2014. I lost my job & then my husband lost his job. They still were rude & nasty to us. I will try again but I hold out no hope! They are mean & hurtful to people. They should be stopped!!!

You can read any of accounts on this message board and my family has been subject to the same treatment. This company's business practices are despicable and the option they provide to make payments are laughable at best. I have already requested they no longer text and call me at the same time and that all correspondence be in writing as proof of the conversation. Today when my wife called to make a payment on our account, which is not overdue, she was treated with utter disrespect and harassed her until she told them the conversation was being recorded. At this point, Russ, the representative, apologized for his speech and promptly accepted our payment and gave us a confirmation number.

Now keep in mind this company feels it is doing business with uneducated people with few resources or recourse. I believe we can set this on a different path by contacting the FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION and your state or local housing authorities for advice. The link I have included in this complaint illustrates a successful class action lawsuit filed in court against GreenTree for eerily similar practices and disrespect and harassment of their customers. As you can see, the plaintiffs won this case. If we are to force change from 21st Mortgage we will need to take action as customers. **

Therefore if any attorney is willing to research the practices of this company with similarities to the aforementioned class action suit, and deems it a worthy cause to investigate and initiate a class action suit, I will be more than willing to provide them with my emails, texts and any other written correspondence I have with the 'customer service' representatives at 21st Mortgage to use as legal submissions. This company can change to make things easier on their customers, but it would appear they are more interested in the benefits of foreclosure than they are about retaining the customers they currently have.

They bought my mortgage, I have been in very good standing with them, I have all called them, if I had an issue had two amazing loan officers that were very understanding. Single mom of two disabled children, my mom passing and no one else to turn to. I called and talked to my new loan officer, very rude and nasty. How can you run a company with people like that? I had just got out of the hospital and my electric box went out and had to pay for the repair. I just wanted one payment put on the back after being told one month that they would help me if I ever had an issue. No Shaun was rude and nasty saying "We don't do that, you need to call us at 9 p.m. tonight (when their website shows they close at 8 p.m.) and find someone to help you pay your mortgage payment."

I have to no one to help me. I am only 13 days late and I am on a limited income. What greed there is in this world, one payment is all I ask. I have other companies that work with me but not them. This company needs to get their act together and start understanding that some people are not rich and things happen. I prayed that my electric would go out in the winter so I would freeze to death so I don't have to pay my house payment...

After talking with the supervisor about my payment they were all rude, and I told them I was working for a home care company and when my person dies goes in the hospital or rehab I did not get to work. They always try to come up with an excuse to try to rule somebody's else's life. I am tired of these rude imbeciles. Hopefully I have somebody to buy my house in March. Even though they did not want to work with me. They called and text the last number that I called from and was not suppose to. Talk to a lawyer, he said it was against the law for them to do that, for them to call the number that you are calling from.

I had this home in bankruptcy and my ex stopped paying it. Meanwhile, I was in the hospital in a coma, when I got out, I kept in touch with them about losing my job because I was in the hospital so long with a brain injury and was trying to sell it. I had HALF of my stuff moved out so sometime approximately February 2012, I went to get the rest of my stuff out and MY HOUSE WAS GONE!!! Wasn't due to foreclose until 10/03/2013! They said I can get my stuff at Heritage homes in OKC 2 hours away! Just out of the hospital, wasn't allowed to drive so I couldn't get my stuff.

I think they need to make restitution on my stuff that was left. Brand new vacuum and brand new steam cleaner that Walmart gave me (I worked there). Lost my photography stuff, backgrounds and lighting and my canon mark2 and my $1500 lense, Misc books, furniture, washer and dryer EVERYTHING!!! I need help!! And keepsakes that I can NEVER get back. Can you refer me to what type of recourse I can take?

After many years of being with 21st Mortgage and dealing with their rude and nasty attitudes, they threatened to repossess our home. They are uncaring and downright nasty to you. Our AC went out in the home which caused us to fall behind on our payments, due to getting it replaced. They had the nerve to say, "oh well, people live every day without AC." It has to be something done about the daily calls, harassment, and the nasty way they talk to you. Awhile back Bank Of America had to pay out millions of dollars for calling and harassing their customers. I wonder can this same lawsuit be applied to 21st Mortgage...

This has been the most worst experience. I have had a loan from them since May 2010. My payment is due on the 1st and according to my payment book I have till the 17th to pay but by the 10th the harassment from them starts. Last month I had one of my children in a serious car wreck which spent 2 weeks in the hospital. I missed work due to this but made my payment on time last month like I have for past several years. This month's been rough. I asked them for a extension of 10 days and they told me to ask family and friends for the money or get extensions on my other bills and they wouldn't accept a payment past the 17th. They have also discussed my account with others I have as references which is third party disclosure and against the law.

They refuse to settle their seconds to Fannie Mae guidelines and kill short sales. This is ridiculous. As a Realtor I have wasted time, seller lost credit and they kill the deal and end up with nothing for 2nd. Furthermore the servicer on the first said they do this always.

I hope this can somehow be directed to your CSR Christiana and her supervisor. I emailed a request yesterday for a copy of my most recent statement. I am closing on the purchase of a new home and was in desperate need of the statement, to pass on to the escrow company (I do not receive monthly statements). I checked in at noon and was told my request was being processed and would be faxed to me by 5:00 (PST) that evening. By 4:45 I still had not received the fax, so I called in again, hoping to reach someone before everyone left for the evening. I reached your Customer Service Rep, Christiana (hope I'm spelling it correctly).

She checked the status and informed me it had not yet been processed, but should be within the next 24-48 hours, but most likely within 24 hours. I explained the urgency of the situation, but am a realistic person and know there are processes to be followed. Christiana said she would see what she could do to get my request processed ASAP. Within 10 minutes I received a fax, however it was a payment history, not a statement. I emailed back right away, fully NOT expecting to hear anything back until the next day, since it was already after 5:00. At 5:56 p.m. I received a fax containing the information I needed.

I just wanted to recognize the extra effort and excellent service on the part of Christiana, and tell her THANK YOU, for going above and beyond. I was a CSR for an insurance company many years ago. I understand that you probably deal with people all day, some who feel their needs are most urgent or who complain and are less than kind. Keep up the great work. You gave a friendly voice to 21st Mortgage Corp. Thanks again!

My review is based on being with 21st Mortgage Company since 1998. I have worked with a number of representatives during this period of time. When I went through my divorce, dealing with a number of other issues, I found myself struggling to getting used to having one income instead of two. There were a few representatives I dealt with at 21st who were absolutely HORRIFIC! Regardless of the fact that I had over 10 years of perfect payments, they made me feel belittled and worse than I already did! I hated to call and talk to anyone, I even had them threaten to repossess my home after ONE yes ONE payment was past 30 days.

I was devastated, not only was I dealing with personal issues now, they were threatening to make me homeless. When Sean came aboard, he was willing to work with me and understood all I was going through. Not only has he made my life so much easier by understanding things happen, he knows I will live up to everything I say I am going to do. I am on track with my finances and no longer feel helpless. I want to thank Sean ** for giving me piece of mind and not resorting to scare tactics to help better my situation.

This company has no common courtesy and could care less if they finance anyone. Absolutely the worst customer service I have ever encountered! Didn't want to try and fight for our business or anything. No respect for the customer or their feelings. Completely disgusted with them! I pray no one else finances anything with them.

I spoke with Adam ** today about a payment that hasn't yet cleared my bank. He was really friendly and extremely helpful. He walked me through what options I have and what I could do in the future to avoid this issue again. I am no longer stressed out. Thank you so much for this young man who did such a great job.

My experience with Amanda and the 21st Mortgage Company was an absolute wonderful experience. I called Amanda, my loan officer with 21st Mortgage and told her the hardship that I was having paying my bills, mortgage and to boot that my husband was going to be scheduled for surgery in August and would be out of work for a total of 2 months. To make matters worse, my brakes went in my car and I could not afford to get the car fixed. Amanda checked with her supervisor and they agreed that I could forfeit my payments for September and October. She also extended my November payment so that I would finally be caught up with my bills and could comfortably start paying the mortgage on December 1.

They were so wonderful that if it was not for Amanda and the 21st Mortgage company, I probably would have had to file for bankruptcy, but this has allowed me to finally sleep at night without worrying how I am going to beg from Peter to pay Paul. I can't thank this company enough for helping me out.

21st Mortgage... They are really rude. They told us the land home was completely remolded top to bottom... It took them over 3 months and approval letter after approval. Keep in mind each approval letter the price went up. Due to our credit we couldn't get anyone to assist us with a home loan even though we had $20000 down. They kept raising the price due to all the work they claimed to put into the home. Face it. It is a trailer. There's not a lot to do...

We moved in after they finally raised it $10000 dollars from the original purchase price and kept us waiting so they could raise the price. We had no option if we wanted to live somewhere. We moved in and putting that much down & payments higher than we agreed because they kept raising the price. We put everything we had into this place. Kept confirming to Aaron ** that we had to have it completed. As they stated due to we have children he assured it was completely remolded top to bottom.

We get moved in and the day after we unloaded the U-Haul it pours. The rain and the ceiling is leaking in our children's room and in the hallway. It has ruined the carpet that's suppose to be new. It's left a smell in the house. It had ruined the paint job and we haven't even made the first payment. We put our savings in this home. Now we don't have money to fix the roof replace carpet or paint. It's a nightmare. WE WERE LIED TO! Please don't purchase from them. They say they can help anyone regardless of credit. What they do is stick it to you because you can't get any other help because of your credit. Wind you in and now they have you hook line and sinker and there's nothing you can do. You're stuck!

And after all these years moving into a new home finally was supposed to be the happiest time of our life and the day after moving in I'm in tears and Aaron ** says "Nothing I can do." Call customer service and you call and they advise you of the contract and nothing you can do about that either because you believed them when they said completely remolded top to bottom. If anyone can help us please please let us know. And please don't purchase from 21st Mortgage. They are 100% a RIPOFF!

We have had a mortgage with them for over 3 years. Every time we are late they make you feel like trash. You talk to a worker and two supervisors and each email a manager says "hi I am Kristina ** I am the account manager." Doesn't matter how many times she emails it's the same thing. We get harassed with calls 3-5 times a day even with email contact! I strongly recommend not using this company.

To make a long story short I gave $20000 on land home property. They put me in the home because I was becoming homeless after a divorce. I was to close that week or the following week that was Nov 2014. I went to NY for the summer. While I was there the guy at prestige I gave my money to stole it and 8 or 9 others. Also I believe 21st had something to do with it. Anyway I came home and have been put through hell and was to be made to feel like I did something wrong. I have closed but I'm having a hard time getting copies of any papers. I was suppose to have new appliances and ac and heating. Now I'm not because they say I lived here for free even though I should have closed a long time ago. I'm on disability. I have my 9 yr old grandson I'm raising who has ADHD and I need these things. I would like anyone in FL who wants to get with me to put a stop to this.

The dreaded day arrived that I was not going to be able to meet my monthly payment. Amanda, Stephanie, Thomas and Justin (especially) had all spoken to me about applying for Loss Mitigation. It was Clayton who helped me via telephone to fill out the required information. I was told it could take 30 days to be approved so in a stupor of depression I thought my excellent record was about to take a dive to the bottom. When I called to tell 21st Mortgage that it was the case on the 30th of this month I was told by Will ** that I was approved and that 21st would pay my installment for two months!

At first I thought I was dreaming! But with the combination of Will ** and Merideth ** I was assured that this was for real and that my credit score would NOT be affected! I am still stunned that such help is made available by 21st to help faithful clients who ran into an unexpected wall! I am deeply grateful for the way I was treated by each person listed above, especially Justin, Will and Merideth. I was told a number of times that they WANT to work WITH me in the past but I never knew how far they would go to do that. Justin and Will showed honest compassion about my unsteady income as a studio Artist living on Social Security and studio sales.

If anyone were to ask me if 21st Mortgage is a good company to do business with I would without hesitation answer YES! I'd add that if you keep in contact with them weekly they will do all they can to problem solve with you in return. I will forever be grateful for their kindness, all these folks showed, when I was about as down and out as I have ever been! Thank you, each of you, and thank you, 21st for being a truly rare company in this day and age!!! It makes me want to reward them in some way, perhaps doing as was recommended and paying a little extra every month to finally reach one payment ahead will be one way to say thank you and eventually assure never ending up in such a horrifying situation again!

I'm very upset with this company. Instead of helping you they screwed you up. I got approve for a loan with the 10% down payment. So I start looking for houses, find the right one for me and my family. I always send the paperwork on time. Did everything they asked like the appraisal, inspection, termite and insurance. I sign pretty much all the papers for escrow and when I was at 2 week to receive the last paperwork and pretty much the keys, they asked for the 20% down payment because their internal score went down.

So I don't have that kind of money and they screwed me up more because I already put my 30 day notice in my current apartment. So now I'm pretty much homeless and of course they don't care. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. I would never recommend 21st Mortgage for anything. But trust me this is not gonna stay like this. I'm gonna sue them, because they cannot play with people's life like that, changing numbers like that when you are that close to close a deal and especially when you are that close to get your house.

21st Mortgage Corporation Company Profile