2. Mortgages
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.69/5

North American Savings Bank, often referred to as NASB, offers services like mortgage loans, refinancing and emergency lending services. North American Savings Bank was established in 1927 and has a long history of serving its community. It offers in-store services in the Kansas City area.

BOTTOM LINE

North American Savings Bank offers mortgages, refinancing services and banking solutions. It only provides in-person services in the Kansas City area, but it also offers online services.

PROS

• Offers multiple types of mortgages
  • Nationwide online lending
  • Mortgage refinancing available

CONS

• No locations outside Kansas City
North American Savings Bank Call Now Toll Free (844) 489-1676 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About North American Savings Bank

North American Savings Bank is a nationwide mortgage lender that also offers banking services in the Kansas City, Missouri, area. Some of the its most popular services include:

• Mortgage loans
  • Mortgage refinancing
  • Checking accounts
  • Savings accounts
  • Certificates of deposits

While the bank only has physical locations in Kansas City, it operates nationwide as an online mortgage lender. You can visit its website to begin your loan application. The company also has multiple homebuying resources on its site — these guides are especially useful for first-time homebuyers but can help anyone purchasing a home.

North American Savings Bank mortgages

North American Savings Bank offers a variety of mortgage loans to help fit any customer's needs. These include:

• Conventional loans
  • VA loans
  • FHA loans
  • Jumbo loans
  • Nonconforming loans
  • FLEX loans
  • Bank statement loans
  • IRA lending

The bank also has several mortgage refinancing options, including cash-out refinancing, rate and term refinancing and VA loan refinancing.

North American Savings Bank has an easy-to-use questionnaire on its site you can use if you don't know which option is right for you. Select whether you're interested in a mortgage loan or refinancing and answer a few additional questions. A bank representative will contact you to explain your options and help you choose what's best for your situation.

North American Savings Bank mortgage rates

North American Savings Bank shares estimated mortgage rates on its website, which change frequently due to the nature of the industry. The percentages shown on North American Savings Bank’s website are intended to give you an estimate of your expected mortgage rate. It also has a mortgage rate calculator to help you estimate what your rates might be with a North American Savings Bank home loan.

To get the most accurate look at what your interest rate would be with North American Savings Bank, fill out a loan application — which requires information like your credit score, desired home loan amount and down payment amount — on the bank’s website.

North American Savings Bank FAQ

Where is North American Savings Bank available?
North American Savings Bank offers in-person services in the Kansas City, Missouri, area. It also provides online banking services on its website. You can fill out an application to find out if its services are available in your area.
Where is North American Savings Bank located?
North American Savings Bank is located in Kansas City, Missouri.
Does NASB offer mortgage refinancing services?
Yes, North American Savings Bank offers mortgage refinancing services.

Is North American Savings Bank worth it?

North American Savings Bank offers all of the traditional banking services, including mortgage and refinancing services. If you’re searching for a nationwide online bank that operates like a local company, North American Savings Bank may be the right choice for you.

North American Savings Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about North American Savings Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about North American Savings Bank?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I’ve been in the real estate business for over 10 years and usually use my business partner for all my home loans. This time I was buying in a different state and needed someone I could rely on when buying a home in a very competitive market. After requesting info from NASB, Rick was the one that reached out in regards to my loan. He was very prompt and professional from the start of our first conversation. He had my loan through underwriting ASAP which allowed me to beat out 10 other offers because of this. On top of this, he was able to beat out a few other lenders rates by .25-.5%. I will be recommending my clients to Rick in the near future.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Joshua. We are glad Rick was able to exceed your expectations. We appreciate your review and are happy NASB could be of service!

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

I went through a mortgage refinance many years ago with a different house and a different bank. It was such a difficult transaction that I had put off doing a refi this year. Ultimately I decided it would be stupid to not take advantage of the rates. I'm sooo glad that not only did I do it, but that I did it with NASB!! They kept me informed every step of the way and the transaction was smooth and easy. Recommend NASB to EVERYONE I know... And if you decide to jump on this refi wave...ask for Jeff ** as your loan officer!!

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, John. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about NASB and Jeff. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

I contacted NASB using my Costco membership. My Loan Consultant Greg was great to work with. He warned me it might take up to two months to complete my refinance due to popular demand. I am self-employed during Covid so I had to provide a little extra information concerning the ability for my business to survive but all in all, it was a great experience and I was able to qualify for a rate over 1 point lower than my last loan. I am very happy with NASB and my refinance process.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Staci. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are glad Greg was able to exceed your expectations. We appreciate your review and are happy we could be of service!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

Seth ** performed his functions and duties as our loan officer with exemplary commitment and skill. We were asking to take out a loan to buy a house in another state, yet retain our current house until the move was complete. Seth interfaced with his management to win approval for our loan and set in motion our quest to achieve an early retirement to the country. We will never be able to thank him enough for the extra effort that went into helping our dream come true. NASB has proven to be a friend in the banking and loan industry, and if we ever need help with a mortgage, or a friend needs help securing their future, we will definitely be sending them to Seth and NASB. Best experience during one of life's most stressing events anyone could have hoped for. Thank Seth, and thanks to NASB.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Daniel. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about NASB. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and congratulations on your new retirement home!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

Going back to RJ ** at NASB for the fourth time in the last decade speaks for itself. RJ is a trustworthy, competent and efficient gentleman. He is our go-to loan officer for our home purchase or refinancing needs knowing that not only would we get a competitive rate but we would also get a top notch service. Despite long wait times during this pandemic period, RJ and his team (which included Osella Miller) managed to process our loan application in a record time. We ran into some bumps along the way, but thanks to RJ's and Osella's help we made it to the finish line with almost no delay. NASB is lucky to have top grade professionals such RJ Miller and Osella Miller. I would definitely recommend them and NASB to my friends!

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Chakib. We are glad RJ and Osella were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

It was very easy to communicate with Bob and the loan processors at NASB and get the paperwork done to do the refinance. The process was smooth but took a bit longer than expected. Got a good rate that I'm happy with!

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Neda, for leaving us a review. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority. Your feedback is important to us, and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

Tom was very helpful with the refinance and kept us updated throughout the process. He helped us choose the best rate for us with minimal fees. We hope to work with him again in the future on our next purchase.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Kyle. We are glad Tom was able to assist you with your refinance. We appreciate your feedback and hope to work with you again in the future!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

Wonderful experience working with Ben ** and his team. Being overseas with the government we weren’t sure if we would be able to refinance our home in the states to better terms but with Ben’s help the process was very smooth and straightforward. Ben was always quick to answer questions through email even during the pandemic and record loan applications. He always made time for us. We look forward to using him again for future investments.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

Heather provided excellent service. After talking to Heather about refi options the rates were not low enough to make financial sense. I asked her to contact me when interest rates hit 2.5 on a 30 year fixed. She did exactly that and we refinanced our house.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Michael. We are glad NASB could assist you with your refinance. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

Loree ** was incredible to work with. She was so organized and efficient and polite. I am so grateful for the time she spent putting this together. Also, NASB rates were the best I found and I was so appreciative of their flexibility throughout the process. Thank you!

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Jeffrey. We appreciate your review and are happy we could be of service!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

We are repeat clients with King and NASB, and our latest experience was as exceptional as we’ve come to expect. We recommend King enthusiastically and can’t offer a more positive report of our experiences! King took the time to really understand our needs and provided exactly what was in our best interest.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Bill. We are glad King was able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

Really enjoyed working with Nate and the NASB team on my home refi! Always communicate well and often and the process went smoother than I expected. Nate ** certainly knows what customer service should be, and look forward to working with him and NASB for any future needs.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Christopher. We are glad Nate was able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

Very quick to answer all questions, fast process throughout, and felt like they were right here in town to assist if I needed anything, even though they are halfway across the U.S.A. Bought new loan 3 years ago with no problems, and this refinance went just as well. Great Job to all of you!

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Michael. We are glad NASB could assist you with your refinance. We appreciate your feedback and hope to work with you again in the future!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

I am thankful for the expertise and awareness of John ** and his entire team. They made the process clear and worked hard to ensure our satisfaction! Professionalism was always the order of the day! We are excited to be closer to the GRANDS!

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, David. We appreciate your review and are happy we could be of service!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

Seth ** is a real gem! Made the loan refinance process so painless! We had started a loan refinance with another bank but they would never respond to emails or return phone calls. Wanted us to give them all the docs TWICE. Forget that! NASB knows this process! :)

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Judy. We appreciate your review and are happy we could be of service!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

I would highly recommend Todd ** or any of your agents for their attention to detail and satisfaction to new home buyers. They make it easy and simple to get your documents submitted and definitely let you know if they need any additional info. It makes the home buying process a lot simpler and go more smoothly all the way through closing.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Damien. We are glad Todd was able to exceed your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and hope to work with you again in the future!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I recommend NASB and in particular, Jon **’s team in order to obtain a home loan. His team was timely, professional, courteous, and market-wise, highly competitive. I hope to work with this team again in the future and will be sure to recommend to others looking for a home loan.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Jay. We are glad NASB could assist you with your home loan. We appreciate your feedback and are happy we could be of service!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I am pleased to say that working with Warren ** with NASB was the easiest experience. The loan process was done efficiently and promptly and we even closed earlier than the planned date. Thank you Warren for your excellent service.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Chong. We are glad Warren was able to exceed your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and are happy we could be of service!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

Our experience with NASB was as pleasant as the process could be. Although the completion was longer than expected due to a backlog of work, our agent, Jeremy **, was extremely helpful and professional in guiding us through to the end.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Daniel. We are glad Jeremy was able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Although the process was lengthy I was pleased with the support from Larry and his crew. Our loan was small and I expect was scrutinized the same as a large request. We have a large account at NASB. I expected a simpler qualification process.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Ala, for leaving us a review. Your feedback is important to us, and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

Michael ** was great to work with. Always easy to get ahold of and kept us updated on progress of our refinance. Rates were very competitive and process was smooth. All transactions were online and the closing took place in our home. Very convenient.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

Everything went fine and we appreciate in these different and difficult times that everything has changed in the way business is conducted. Thank you for making things as simple and as convenient and simple as possible. We would consider doing business with NASB again.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Bill. We appreciate your review and are happy we could be of service!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

Overall the process took longer than expected but I have to commend Alex ** for being a great partner. He kept me informed and ensured the process overcame each hurdle that came up. He was upfront from the beginning on some of the challenges that we would face and did an excellent job overall within the process.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Carlos. We are glad Alex was able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

Peter is super knowledgeable and attentive to his customers. He walked us down the entire process which made it easy for us to lower our APR by an entire point! 3.75 -> 2.75. Even during the middle of our national pandemic, there were no surprises to be had. Everything closed without a hiccup. Thanks Peter! And thanks NASB!

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Shelby. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about NASB. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

I am very happy with the level of detail and customer service that we received during our recent refinance of our home. The agent was responsive and available for all of my questions. I would highly recommend North American Savings Bank for your banking needs.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Ginger. We are glad NASB could assist you with your refinance. We appreciate your feedback and hope to work with you again in the future!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

Our only complaint was the loan process took longer than desired. That was out of the control of many as I understood it that there was a backlog of loan processing requests. Thankfully we were able to float the rate down a bit on day of close. Dirk did a great job.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, John, for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and are glad Dirk was able to meet your expectations.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

Was very pleased with the process and dedication of Alex ** handling this loan. He was communicative and dedicated to seeing the approval and closing through and checked in frequently providing a smooth and easy process all the way through. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking to refinance!

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, James. We are glad NASB could assist you with your loan. We appreciate your feedback and hope to work with you again in the future!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

The process took an inordinate amount of time (8/7 - 11/04), the delays resulted in the system sending messages to inform me my application was not complete/valid; irrelevant requests for info such as having to explain the issuance of my SS# and a couple of random years; obtaining wrong info from my HOA by Not speaking to the contact I provided; ultimately I had to pay property taxes a month early because of the timing of closing. Overall it's a process that had stress and irritation, but I'm glad it's over.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Thuy, for leaving us a review. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority. Your feedback is important to us, and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I am so thankful for NASB and Jon ** for helping me buy my first home. I was stressed through most of the process but Jon was always there to answer any questions and let me know what was going on. I thought I was going to be left in the dark until an approval or denial was sent but I was constantly updated and am extremely grateful for it. They gave me an incredibly competitive rate, and I would highly recommend NASB to friends and family.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, James. We are glad Jon was able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

Brian R. kept me notified (even though sometimes I did not hear any news for weeks). The loan took a long time to get approved and closed (~97 days). The process started on 06Aug2020 and closed on 13Nov2020 even when I turned in my paperwork within a day of being requested, having an excellent credit score, and appropriate assets for the loan. I had to get Costco involved for the loan to close. I understand we are in a pandemic and a lot of people are refinancing but this amount of time is unacceptable. I will neither use nor recommend NASB for loans in the future.

North American Savings Bank Company Information