4.7/5 (193 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About North American Savings Bank

North American Savings Bank, often referred to as NASB, offers services like mortgage loans, refinancing and emergency lending services. North American Savings Bank was established in 1927 and has a long history of serving its community. It offers in-store services in the Kansas City area.

Pros

• Offers multiple types of mortgages
  • Nationwide online lending
  • Mortgage refinancing available

Cons

• In-person services only in Kansas City

Bottom Line

North American Savings Bank offers mortgages, refinancing services and banking solutions. It only provides in-person services in the Kansas City area, but it also offers online services.

About North American Savings Bank

North American Savings Bank is a nationwide mortgage lender that also offers banking services in the Kansas City, Missouri, area. Some of the its most popular services include:

• Mortgage loans
  • Mortgage refinancing
  • Checking accounts
  • Savings accounts
  • Certificates of deposits

While the bank only has physical locations in Kansas City, it operates nationwide as an online mortgage lender. You can visit its website to begin your loan application. The company also has multiple homebuying resources on its site — these guides are especially useful for first-time homebuyers but can help anyone purchasing a home.

North American Savings Bank mortgages

North American Savings Bank offers a variety of mortgage loans to help fit any customer's needs. These include:

• Conventional loans
  • VA loans
  • FHA loans
  • Jumbo loans
  • Nonconforming loans
  • FLEX loans
  • Bank statement loans
  • IRA lending

The bank also has several mortgage refinancing options, including cash-out refinancing, rate and term refinancing and VA loan refinancing.

North American Savings Bank has an easy-to-use questionnaire on its site you can use if you don't know which option is right for you. Select whether you're interested in a mortgage loan or refinancing and answer a few additional questions. A bank representative will contact you to explain your options and help you choose what's best for your situation.

North American Savings Bank mortgage rates

North American Savings Bank shares estimated mortgage rates on its website, which change frequently due to the nature of the industry. The percentages shown on North American Savings Bank’s website are intended to give you an estimate of your expected mortgage rate. It also has a mortgage rate calculator to help you estimate what your rates might be with a North American Savings Bank home loan.

To get the most accurate look at what your interest rate would be with North American Savings Bank, fill out a loan application — which requires information like your credit score, desired home loan amount and down payment amount — on the bank’s website.

North American Savings Bank FAQ

Where is North American Savings Bank available?
North American Savings Bank offers in-person services in the Kansas City, Missouri, area. It also provides online banking services on its website. You can fill out an application to find out if its services are available in your area.
Where is North American Savings Bank located?
North American Savings Bank is located in Kansas City, Missouri.
Does NASB offer mortgage refinancing services?
Yes, North American Savings Bank offers mortgage refinancing services.

Is North American Savings Bank worth it?

North American Savings Bank offers all of the traditional banking services, including mortgage and refinancing services. If you’re searching for a nationwide online bank that operates like a local company, North American Savings Bank may be the right choice for you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about North American Savings Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about North American Savings Bank?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

Do not get a mortgage with NASB if you are an investor. They were suppose to pay down my HELOC not close my HELOC that I had against a different investment property. I explicitly discussed it with them. They closed it without discussing it with me or informing me of that course of action. I now have to go through the costs and two months of work it takes to get a HELOC. In addition even though I responded to all their documentation requests (about 10) within 24 hours they still went beyond the lock period and charged me for it even though it was their fault. I would highly recommend not doing business with them.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

John ** is a thief. We went with him to buy our first house. He advertised a fancy low rate and credit at closing so we went with him. He had 45 days to meet closing but can't even meet that. We had to bug him repeatedly to get the appraisal scheduled even though we paid for it over a month before closing. He waited several weeks to finally get it scheduled so then it had to be expedited. He wanted to charge us the fee to have it expedited but we complained about that so he claims the company will reimburse us at closing. Now they are telling us that we won't get the appraisal back before closing so we will have to push it back.

He has been horrible at communicating with us so we constantly have to call him to find out what is going on with the process, usually to learn that there is a problem. This have been a living hell for us. Buying a home for the first time should be a good experience, not hair-pulling. I would never recommend him or this bank to anyone looking to buy a home. Run away fast!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I initially reached out to NASB to start a pre-approval for a home loan but did not hear back. I reached out again and this time I got Kurt P. how was more than willing to help. While I searched for a home and placed offers, Kurt was always available to help. These loan officers are extremely busy, so it helps to be proactive and provide them with all the documents they need to keep the process moving along. I was dealing with a VA home loan and NASB had the best rates, would definitely recommend.

Original review: June 16, 2021

I worked with Rick M. from their Kansas City MO Office. This Bank works with an appraisal Management company (Pendo Management Group) that discriminates based on race. The appraiser purposefully ignored recent changes made in the property (new/updated 16ftx32ft deck in last 2 months, updated kitchen and bathroom with granite counter tops in last 4.5 years)... The report says no updates made in the last 15 years. Results devalued my home by $50K. I point out all of these to Rick. He reached out to Appraiser, the appraiser said they forgot to check a checkbox to indicates updates were made. I said to him, he wrote "No updates in prior 15years..." That 's not forgetting. That's purposefully lying. They updated to add those but no change in market value. I am reviewing NASB as well because they are enabling this appraiser.

Original review: March 2, 2021

From the application and through the closing to the download and printing of all the paperwork I am pleased and impressed with the professional and seamless transition every step of the way, Greg ** was amazing and went above and beyond, he is the real deal. He gives you all details, explain you how things will go and at the end, he delivers!!

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Ricardo. We are glad Greg was able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: March 2, 2021

Rob ** with NASB was professional and easy to work with and did a stellar job securing favorable rate for my mortgage refinance. Rob stayed in constant communication throughout. He was patient when answering my questions or explaining the process. I'm glad I had a chance to work with him and NASB. Highly recommend.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Dean. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about NASB and Rob. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: March 1, 2021

Ben made the refinance process extremely easy and communicated with me every step of the way so that I never felt lost or unsure of what I was doing. I am thankful to be saving money on my new home loan. Thanks Ben!

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Daniel. We are glad Ben was able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

The experience was easy and our loan consultant was very responsive. Although the process was a lengthy one due to demand, our loan consultant was good about providing status updates. We received a great rate on our 20 year refi too.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Danica. We are glad NASB could assist you with your refinance. We appreciate your feedback and hope to work with you again in the future!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Warren and the team at NASB were incredible. They helped me every step of the way, they were quick to respond with any questions via email or phone, and they were upfront with my rates and fees. I never felt pressured and they were transparent through the whole process. I can't thank you guys enough for making my first time home buying dreams come true. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Danielle. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about NASB and Warren. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

The process was very simple and easy to follow, The time from start to finish was exceedingly long due to the very large number of refinance loans in the 4th quarter of 2020. In retrospect, I would choose my own Title Company to handle all closing issues (local company)

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Dwight, for leaving us a review. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority. Your feedback is important to us, and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us.

North American Savings Bank Company Information