Find a Mortgages partner

2. Mortgages

4.7/5 (189 ratings)
Find a Mortgages partner
Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

About North American Savings Bank

North American Savings Bank, often referred to as NASB, offers services like mortgage loans, refinancing and emergency lending services. North American Savings Bank was established in 1927 and has a long history of serving its community. It offers in-store services in the Kansas City area.

Pros

• Offers multiple types of mortgages
  • Nationwide online lending
  • Mortgage refinancing available

Cons

• In-person services only in Kansas City

Bottom Line

North American Savings Bank offers mortgages, refinancing services and banking solutions. It only provides in-person services in the Kansas City area, but it also offers online services.

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

About North American Savings Bank

North American Savings Bank is a nationwide mortgage lender that also offers banking services in the Kansas City, Missouri, area. Some of the its most popular services include:

• Mortgage loans
  • Mortgage refinancing
  • Checking accounts
  • Savings accounts
  • Certificates of deposits

While the bank only has physical locations in Kansas City, it operates nationwide as an online mortgage lender. You can visit its website to begin your loan application. The company also has multiple homebuying resources on its site — these guides are especially useful for first-time homebuyers but can help anyone purchasing a home.

North American Savings Bank mortgages

North American Savings Bank offers a variety of mortgage loans to help fit any customer's needs. These include:

• Conventional loans
  • VA loans
  • FHA loans
  • Jumbo loans
  • Nonconforming loans
  • FLEX loans
  • Bank statement loans
  • IRA lending

The bank also has several mortgage refinancing options, including cash-out refinancing, rate and term refinancing and VA loan refinancing.

North American Savings Bank has an easy-to-use questionnaire on its site you can use if you don't know which option is right for you. Select whether you're interested in a mortgage loan or refinancing and answer a few additional questions. A bank representative will contact you to explain your options and help you choose what's best for your situation.

North American Savings Bank mortgage rates

North American Savings Bank shares estimated mortgage rates on its website, which change frequently due to the nature of the industry. The percentages shown on North American Savings Bank’s website are intended to give you an estimate of your expected mortgage rate. It also has a mortgage rate calculator to help you estimate what your rates might be with a North American Savings Bank home loan.

To get the most accurate look at what your interest rate would be with North American Savings Bank, fill out a loan application — which requires information like your credit score, desired home loan amount and down payment amount — on the bank’s website.

North American Savings Bank FAQ

Where is North American Savings Bank available?
North American Savings Bank offers in-person services in the Kansas City, Missouri, area. It also provides online banking services on its website. You can fill out an application to find out if its services are available in your area.
Where is North American Savings Bank located?
North American Savings Bank is located in Kansas City, Missouri.
Does NASB offer mortgage refinancing services?
Yes, North American Savings Bank offers mortgage refinancing services.

Is North American Savings Bank worth it?

North American Savings Bank offers all of the traditional banking services, including mortgage and refinancing services. If you’re searching for a nationwide online bank that operates like a local company, North American Savings Bank may be the right choice for you.

North American Savings Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about North American Savings Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about North American Savings Bank?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

We had a great experience refinancing with NASB. Our loan officer Alex ** is a fantastic professional -- he explained the process and timelines clearly and thoroughly and his loan estimate was right on the money. The processing and underwriting team was easy to work with, very friendly, and right on time with everything needed to close. Even the notary they used was great! The rate and fees they offered were better than anyone else we looked into, so the excellent customer service experience they provided was really a fantastic bonus. Very highly recommend Alex and the whole NASB team for your mortgage needs.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Eric. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about NASB and Alex. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we appreciate your review and are happy we could be of service!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

Hi. I had a fantastic experience working with RJ **. He was extremely professional, very communicative, and transparent about the process every step of the way. With my high credit score and ratios - I could have gotten a loan anywhere. NASB took significantly longer than promised to close on the loan due to demand for the great deal, there were many times I thought to jump ship and go to another Bank. It was only because of RJ, his integrity, and his constant updates that I waited it out and completed my closing last week. 5 stars for this top notch contributor of excellence to your firm.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Brent. We are glad that you enjoyed working with RJ and that he was able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I’ve been in the real estate business for over 10 years and usually use my business partner for all my home loans. This time I was buying in a different state and needed someone I could rely on when buying a home in a very competitive market. After requesting info from NASB, Rick was the one that reached out in regards to my loan. He was very prompt and professional from the start of our first conversation. He had my loan through underwriting ASAP which allowed me to beat out 10 other offers because of this. On top of this, he was able to beat out a few other lenders rates by .25-.5%. I will be recommending my clients to Rick in the near future.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Joshua. We are glad Rick was able to exceed your expectations. We appreciate your review and are happy NASB could be of service!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

I went through a mortgage refinance many years ago with a different house and a different bank. It was such a difficult transaction that I had put off doing a refi this year. Ultimately I decided it would be stupid to not take advantage of the rates. I'm sooo glad that not only did I do it, but that I did it with NASB!! They kept me informed every step of the way and the transaction was smooth and easy. Recommend NASB to EVERYONE I know... And if you decide to jump on this refi wave...ask for Jeff ** as your loan officer!!

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, John. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about NASB and Jeff. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

Seth ** performed his functions and duties as our loan officer with exemplary commitment and skill. We were asking to take out a loan to buy a house in another state, yet retain our current house until the move was complete. Seth interfaced with his management to win approval for our loan and set in motion our quest to achieve an early retirement to the country. We will never be able to thank him enough for the extra effort that went into helping our dream come true. NASB has proven to be a friend in the banking and loan industry, and if we ever need help with a mortgage, or a friend needs help securing their future, we will definitely be sending them to Seth and NASB. Best experience during one of life's most stressing events anyone could have hoped for. Thank Seth, and thanks to NASB.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Daniel. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about NASB. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and congratulations on your new retirement home!

Original review: March 2, 2021

From the application and through the closing to the download and printing of all the paperwork I am pleased and impressed with the professional and seamless transition every step of the way, Greg ** was amazing and went above and beyond, he is the real deal. He gives you all details, explain you how things will go and at the end, he delivers!!

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Ricardo. We are glad Greg was able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: March 2, 2021

Rob ** with NASB was professional and easy to work with and did a stellar job securing favorable rate for my mortgage refinance. Rob stayed in constant communication throughout. He was patient when answering my questions or explaining the process. I'm glad I had a chance to work with him and NASB. Highly recommend.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Dean. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about NASB and Rob. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: March 1, 2021

Ben made the refinance process extremely easy and communicated with me every step of the way so that I never felt lost or unsure of what I was doing. I am thankful to be saving money on my new home loan. Thanks Ben!

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Daniel. We are glad Ben was able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

The experience was easy and our loan consultant was very responsive. Although the process was a lengthy one due to demand, our loan consultant was good about providing status updates. We received a great rate on our 20 year refi too.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Danica. We are glad NASB could assist you with your refinance. We appreciate your feedback and hope to work with you again in the future!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Warren and the team at NASB were incredible. They helped me every step of the way, they were quick to respond with any questions via email or phone, and they were upfront with my rates and fees. I never felt pressured and they were transparent through the whole process. I can't thank you guys enough for making my first time home buying dreams come true. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Danielle. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about NASB and Warren. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

The process was very simple and easy to follow, The time from start to finish was exceedingly long due to the very large number of refinance loans in the 4th quarter of 2020. In retrospect, I would choose my own Title Company to handle all closing issues (local company)

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Dwight, for leaving us a review. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority. Your feedback is important to us, and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

When we decided to refinance our house, we found NASB through Costco, and it was an awesome choice. The cost was excellent, the financing options were flexible and well presented, and the customer service through the process was exceptional. I would absolutely recommend NASB.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, David. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about NASB. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

The process took a little longer than expected but Joe kept us informed throughout the time. We made a last minute change that Joe and NASB handled without adding time to get to closing. The closing at home was also an added bonus given the current pandemic. We would be happy to refinance again w/ NASB.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Greg. We are glad Joe was able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Rates were very good. Kurt ** was experienced, professional, kept me well informed and provided great customer service. Closing was made convenient by an attorney coming to me. Interaction with the title company was not as efficient or satisfactory as I expected.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Sandra. We are glad NASB could assist you with your refinance. We appreciate your feedback and hope to work with you again in the future!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

My loan officer was very helpful but the company took way too long to get refinance done. More than 3 months. I submitted my application on Oct 2020 and closing was Jan 2021. This was the longest application waiting process I've ever been for loan application.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Enrique, for leaving us a review. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority. Your feedback is important to us, and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Very professional and friendly service, especially considering the trying circumstances of doing this during a pandemic which lengthen the process. Casey was always quick to respond and address any issue. Working with a bank in another state could have been more difficult, but NASB provided service as good or better than I’ve had in person in my hometown. I would recommend NASB.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Bradley. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about NASB. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

NASB team, and Luke ** in particular, did an excellent job servicing my refinance. I was a little nervous doing it all online, but the portal was easy to navigate, Luke was very easy to get ahold of and responsive when we had questions. Would recommend to anyone looking for a great deal on a refinance. I shopped multiple banks and credit unions, and no one could beat the NASB rate, and the deal they have with costco executive members for fee limits.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Logan. We appreciate your review and are happy we could be of service!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

My first encounter with a loan officer was very distasteful, the individual was very rude and condescending and the only reason I went back was because they offered the lowest rate. Fortunately our second loan officer was nice but I will say the communication was lacking. Our process took about 4 months which is extremely long. Also our employers were asked 3 times to provide paystubs even after we provided them ourselves and that seemed to be a bit of an annoyance. Overall, I’m just glad our refinance is finally done and over with.

North American Savings Bank response

Hi, Dalexis. NASB’s Lending Team strives to provide an exceptional customer experience every time, and we are sorry your first encounter did not meet both of our expectations. We are glad we were able to resolve that issue and quickly get you connected to a different loan consultant who was able to provide you the high level of service all of our customers deserve. We appreciate your feedback as we work every day to make continuous improvements for our customers.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

The NASB team did a terrific job. Anthony worked with me to get us the best rate and really went the extra mile to make sure all our needs were met. I highly recommend using NASB when looking to refinance.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Richard. We appreciate your review and are happy we could be of service!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

RC ** was my loan officer for my recent refinance and he was an excellent partner throughout the process. He was honest and clear, informative and instructive and helpful and responsive. He was constantly available and always patient with all the questions I had (and I had a LOT of questions because it was not a process with which I was very comfortable). RC really helped smooth out a very nervous process for me and really made the entire process seamless and easy. I would not hesitate to recommend him for any mortgage or refinance needs (and I'll probably come back to him for any future mortgage or refinancing needs!).

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Steven. We are glad RC was able to exceed your expectations. We appreciate your review and hope to work with you again in the future!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

When I shopped around to refinance I quickly found the marketplace was fraught with incompetent or dishonest people. It was refreshing to work with people connected to Costco, that knew value of customer service and if they did not perform well Costco would hear about it. In the end my individual rep was outstanding. He did everything in his control to deliver top notch, professional service.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Michael. We are glad NASB could assist you with your refinance. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about NASB. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Bob was very upfront with all details of the loan from rate to fees. When he recommended different terms/options it did not feel like a just another sales call. He kept me apprised of all timelines. I was pleased with my rate and term.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Angelica. We appreciate your review and are happy we could be of service!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Overall our refinance experience was amazing. And I think mostly because of our lender, Jake **. He made sure to explain everything that was happening in a way that we could understand. He kept in constant contact, updating us throughout the entire process. He goes out of his way to help and was always available. We are very satisfied with our process.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Samantha. We are glad Jake was able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

I have nothing but good things to say about my recent experience refinancing my mortgage. My mortgage broker was extremely professional and kept me up-to-date all along the process. Everything was very efficient and pleasant. I would highly recommend this company for anyone wanting to refinance their mortgage.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Barbara. We appreciate your review and are happy we could be of service!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

RC was great throughout the process, even though it took a long time because of the backlog. He reached out periodically to make sure I didn't have any questions, and was immediately responsive when I emailed him. Would definitely recommend him to anyone else who is looking for a great experience through this process.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Benjamin. We are glad RC was able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Great job by the team. Kyle ** did our loan and did a great job. We appreciate the team at N.A.S.B. Our closing was completely smooth as well. Again, thanks to everyone for the professional service.

Kyle and Angela

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Kyle. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about NASB and Kyle. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Working w/ NASB through Brett was a really good experience. The wait times to close, and the time it took to wait for additional documentation to be verified, could have been better: It took us upwards of 4 months to close. Some of this is due to COVID, but still. Overall, positive experience!

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Christopher. We are glad Brett was able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

It takes NASB way too long to close on a simple re-fi. The last delay was waiting for a doc that was sitting in the portal for 4 months. I did refer a friend, but he couldn't get any information without first submitting a loan application. I could keep going...

North American Savings Bank response

Hi Mike, thank you for sharing your experience. While NASB strives to close every loan as quickly as possible, the holidays and pandemic has created some unavoidable delays in the mortgage process. We are sorry the experience took longer than expected. The documents such as paystubs, statements etc. are required for final approval.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

Rick was very responsive throughout the refi process. Whenever we had a question, Rick responded very quickly and thoroughly. The refi took over 3 months but it finally got completed. Rick did tell us ahead of time that the refi was going to take longer than normal due to high volume. Overall very satisfied...so far.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Sam. We are glad Rick was able to meet your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

I would definitely deal with Bob again. I couldn’t have asked for a better partner in refinancing my loan. He was always there and really good about explaining every detail of the process to me. His rate was the best I found.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Phillip. We are glad NASB could assist you with your refinance, and that enjoyed working with Bob. We appreciate your feedback and are happy we could be of service!

North American Savings Bank Company Information