Bought a Stannah chairlift 9/10. The chair beeps meaning no power because contact with the power rail is intermittent. This caused the battery to fail early. It was replaced once under warranty and twice out of warranty. The chair does not go fully to top and bottom of stairs. Seat keeps tilting forward until they reposition it and re tighten bolts, but it comes loose days later. The seller came back often. They would reposition the seat and run it up and down a few times and pronounce it fixed. But within 24 hours it would fail again. After the warranty expired I had to pay hundreds of dollars for each visit. I called their home office in England but they just ignored me and wouldn't do what they promised. The owner of the dealership did not help either. 6 years later, nothing has changed, except I have given up using it.
One of my chairlifts has lost power. I was told initially that it was due to a motherboard and that it would take a few days to have it shipped in. It was the replaced but it again lost power. Then I was told an electrician need to repair the source. That was four weeks ago. Last week I was told they would come with the electrician to repair the problem on Friday, the 30th of Oct. No one showed and I had to try and help my wife down the stairs and we both fell and got injured. I called again but got no response as to when they will fix the problem.
Shelley WebbSenior Products Contributing Editor
Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.
Stannah is a stairlift designer and manufacturer founded in 1867. The family-owned company aims to help people stay as independent as possible by providing their customers with high-quality and customizable stairlifts. It also provides safety testing and installation.
- Focus on safety: The stairlifts are tested for safety at various points in the design and manufacturing process.
- Installation: Stannah installers deliver and install stairs in a professional and attentive manner. They test the lifts, help consumers understand how to operate them and clean up after themselves.
- In-person support: Stannah technicians in the United States and Canada can provide in-person help after installation.
- Telephone support: Customer service representatives are available through the phone seven days a week around the clock. Consumers can call a toll-free number to arrange a free home assessment, no strings attached.
- Flexible designs: Stannah designs enable users to carry grocery or laundry bags, as well as fit with existing decorative patterns. They can also be folded for easy storage when they are not in use.
- Fits various needs: Stannah offers rental stairlifts for short-term use, and the company's stairlifts work in wide, straight, curved and narrow staircases.
- Best for people who can't walk, people with limited mobility, people who have a heart or lung condition and people who have trouble bending their knees.
Question and Answers - Stannah Stairlifts
What problem is Stannah Stairlifts trying to solve?
- Stannah Stairlifts are designed to make it easier and safer to get up and downstairs, allowing those with mobility issues to continue living independently at home.
What sets Stannah Stairlifts apart from the competition?
- Our company is unique and distinguishable from our competitors by the quality of our materials, the practicality of our designs and the reliability and range of our product offerings.
What needs do your products fulfill, and how does Stannah Stairlifts fulfill those needs better than your competition?
- Our products meet the needs of individuals suffering from chronic or temporary mobility issues by providing a means of travel, up and down stairs, without the physical and emotional stress that can be associated with the activity. Our business model and product offerings are designed with the user in mind, emphasizing a person centered approach to customer service and utilizing the latest ergonomic design features.
How does your company measure success?
- Our Company measures success through a sustained reputation of excellence in safety, quality of service and product design. We regularly seek out customer feedback in order to best meet the changing needs of our consumers.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
- One of the most common misconceptions about stairlifts is that they’re all generally the same. Most people don’t understand the differences in safety features and the ways in which subtle improvements can make a profound difference.
How has Stannah Stairlifts changed in the last 5 years?
- We’ve recently released a new line of stairlifts with better rail designs, more feedback and enhanced options for the consumer. This new design will provide our customers with a better stairlift that is both easier to use and more efficient to service.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Stannah Stairlifts?
- We’d like all of our customers to know that we stand by our product. We have one of the best warranties in the industry and we’re proud of our service record and the reliability of our products. We’re constantly growing and looking to improve, but always with the end user in mind. That’s why we take care in all that we do, and aim to ensure that our customers can rely on us as a company that’s always true to our word.
Has Stannah Stairlifts received any awards your customers would like to know about?
- While Stannah has received many awards over the years, one milestone that we’re extremely proud of is that we’ve sold over 600,000 stairlifts worldwide. We believe that our level of experience is unmatched in the industry and really sets us apart.
How has Stannah Stairlifts grown or evolved?
- We’ve been an independent, family-owned business since the mid-1860s. Since that time, our company has grown exponentially, becoming a world leader in the Lifting industry. We were also among the earliest companies to feature stairlifts. Since then, we’ve been at the forefront of product advancement and improvement.
Stannah Stairlifts Company Profile