Call toll free
(844) 602-1938
4.82/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded by Joseph Stannah in 1867, Stannah Stairlifts has remained a family-owned and operated company with a strong commitment to its customers' safety and comfort. Our focus is providing customers in the US and Canada with peace of mind and the freedom to maintain as much of the same level of mobility as ever as you or your loved one transitions.

With flexible options to rent or buy stairlifts and many capabilities to fit any type of staircase, we're confident we can help find the right option to fit your specific needs. Call us today to find a dealer near you or talk to a knowledgeable professional to get help and advice on the right stairlift for you or your loved ones.

Stannah Stairlifts Gallery (2)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

510 Stannah Stairlifts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

We needed a stairlift because my mother, who is elderly, came to live with us. I liked Stannah's salesperson. He was upfront and honest. He explained everything to a T, so when the stairlift was installed, I knew exactly how to run it. The installer was here for around three hours. He was on the perfectionist side and he made sure that nothing was ruined on my stairways. He was very good. He gave me instructions on it again and showed me exactly what he had done, and what it was supposed to be in case there was a power failure.

I like the stairlift and it fits perfectly within our stairwell. My only problem is when it reaches its destination, either to the top or the bottom of the stairs, it doesn’t fully turn and it goes at an angle. And for somebody in a wheelchair, it’s a little difficult to get in without assistance. Nevertheless, my mother had a doctor’s appointment and we had to get her out of the house, down the stairway, and into a chair car. If we didn’t have the stairlift, I have no idea how we would’ve gotten her down the stairs.

Get expert buying tips about Stair Lifts delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Stannah is local and that meant a lot to me in case anything happened with the stairlift. My husband and I enjoyed having their rep at the house. She was very nice and answered all our questions. I had a good experience with Stannah. They came when they said they were going to. They gave us rebate options and we could also keep it if we wanted to, which is good because it was expensive to have the stairlift put in. Meanwhile, the young man who installed the stairlift did a great job. He kept it clean, and he showed us how to use it. I bought the stairlift for my mom and it's good for her since she wouldn't be able to do the stairs at this point. Stannah is a good stairlift. I would recommend it if someone was looking for one.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I was having a knee replacement and a friend had a Stannah stairlift and suggested it to me. The man who came from Stannah was very helpful and very kind. He was a gentleman and he dealt with us fairly. I got a curved stairlift and it fit all right. It's never gonna be hidden anywhere but it’s decent-looking and durable. The installers were very careful, friendly and clean. Plus, they showed me how everything worked. I would not be able to walk up the steps at this point and the stairlift takes me upstairs. It has made my life easier. Stannah is excellent.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

My husband has ALS. A friend recommended Stannah Stairlifts because we can buy directly from them and there’s no intermediary. Their sales rep left me all the information. It’s a very expensive item but we couldn’t be without it. They installed it on the date that we needed it, which was an important date because my husband was coming home from the hospital that afternoon and he wouldn’t be able to get up the steps if we didn’t have it. After we had it for a week, the chair level needed to be raised because my husband had trouble getting out when he got up to the top step. A guy named Richie came and he adjusted it. It has been fine ever since.

The rubber that gets the chair moving is starting to tear though and a cap on the right arm of the chair falls off. I also don’t like the noise that it makes to remind you that it’s down so nobody trips over it. I understand the point of it but when I get my husband out of the chair and then I have to get him seated someplace else, it keeps making that noise and I can’t attend to it right away. But other than those, everything has been fine.

Hello Karen,

We have been in contact with the service department to confirm that a service visit has been scheduled to address your issues. We’re glad your stairlift has been a such a benefit to you and if you have any other issues don’t hesitate to reach out to us.

The Stannah Team

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I've looked over who was available, who was local and who had a good reputation for a stairlift and found Stannah. Their salesman was very knowledgeable and seemed to be great with it. I got the curved model and they did an excellent job of installing it. It'd be nice though if it was closer to the rail so that there is more room on the stairs but other than that, it's all right. It's also pretty smooth however, I can feel the teeth on the drive when it comes up but that's expected. My wife is the prime user of the stairlift and it has impacted her life considerably. It made things easier for her.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stannah Stairlifts?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

My husband was having a lot of difficulties getting around. He was 84 and he liked to be outdoors as much as he could. I talked to my friend and she said that she was very happy with Stannah. My son also did some research and he felt that it was as good as any of the other ones, if not better. So I ordered the stairlift based on my friend's recommendation. The stairlift that we purchased goes from my living room down to the basement. We have a walkout cellar, and I have a basketry studio down there.

When it was installed, we were in the middle of going from the hospital to the nursing home. But I've met two different guys from Stannah because when I called it in to order the stairlift, my son told me which one to get. I just took the bottom number and that was not the one that he had circled. I didn't get the one that turned automatically so I called and paid the extra money and had the totally automatic one put in. My husband never made it home, but I decided to keep the stairlift because I have trouble with my back and my knees. Sooner, I'm going to need it.

While there was a demonstration of how the stairlift worked, I would like to know if I can disable the beeping when it goes to the bottom of the stairs. There was no beeping when the first guy installed it, but when they came back to put the correct automatic swivel at the top and the bottom of the stairs, he told me there was an alarm system that had to be on it. I would leave it at the bottom of the stairs during the night, and then during the day, I would put it halfway up so that it would charge. The guy that I spoke to told me that I have to leave it on the stairs, part way up because of the trickle charge. If I bring it down to the bottom of the stairs and just leave it there, it keeps going "beep, beep," and it drives me absolutely crazy. My son said to shut it off. I did shut it off but when I turn it back on, it doesn't seem to work quite right away. Other than that, everything is fine. I use it to take the laundry and the groceries down.

Hello Margaret,

Our deepest condolences to you upon the passing of your husband.

We are glad that your stairlift has become a beneficial addition to your lifestyle. Our records show you purchased a retractable rail. For safety reasons, these rails were designed not to charge while parked at the bottom of the stairs to prevent a user from inadvertently obstructing the walkway. The beeping is an indicator that the unit is not charging, which could explain the delayed function upon turning it on again. We recommend parking the chair a few steps up from the fully retracted rail to prevent this issue. If you have additional questions or issues please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.

The Stannah Team

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

My parents were buying a new condominium and we pre-purchased a stairlift. I took them to the showroom and they were able to decide which one they wanted. We got the straight type Stannah stairlift and when the installer came out, he seemed to know what he was doing. I could tell that he had experience putting it together. He did it with no issues and it was excellent. The stairlift fit perfectly. It's very nice. The stairlift was a good value and Stannah was a good company.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Stannah's guy came out right away within appointment and he was very impressive. I'm an engineer and I build clean rooms all over the country, which is the most complicated construction there is so I can tell when someone is doing a good job. He was very well-organized, professional, and knew what he was doing. There were some small issues that I didn't realize before the installers arrived, but everything was taken care of splendidly. The stairwell is tiny and they managed to cram the stairlift in so that it fits us. Neither my wife nor I is small and it works fine. It's a pleasure to ride up and down. The stairlift is very ingenious. We're old people and it is how we get to the basement where the laundry is. We're aging baby boomers and we both need the safety and security of the stair climber. We have a one-storey house but we have a basement.

The stairlift is very comforting to have. We could've paid less but we like the service. We expected to get it and we got good service. I like what we got and should we ever move to a house with more stairs, we'll put another stairlift in. Also, we would be delighted to give Stannah's name if anybody wants a referral or recommendation, .

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Stannah Stairlifts was the only one I found that had a local office and local showroom. The stairlift is for my mother. So it is really important that she has a chance to see the actual product. I was very happy with the sale representatives that I worked with. Everyone was very helpful, friendly and professional. The guy who did the installation waited until my mom got there to go over on how to operate it. We had a straight stairlift installed. It has only been there for two weeks and it seems to have very good quality. It fits very well on the stairwell. I have to squeeze a teeny bit if I walk by it at the top of the stairs, but it's very efficient for the space overall. The stairlift helps my mother remain in a place that had two levels of living space.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I got a straight stairlift from the Stannah and the installation was very nice. The stairlift is a used one but it helps us. I would recommend Stannah Stairlifts. The installers were on time, the representatives were very nice and everything went fine.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

My wife had a stroke and I realized I had to get the stairlift moved on the house. My neighbor had the Stannah and he said he was satisfied, so I called their representative. The reps were very congenial and informative, and they let me know enough of what I had to know about it, so our interactions went well. Then one gentleman came and he did the installation, and he showed me how the stairlift worked. He was good and he seemed to know what he was doing.

The stairlift I have is the indoor type and I have like a split look. You come into the garage, you go up seven stairs to the foyer, and then six stairs up into the kitchen. So, I had mine put in straight up, and then the other one because it was cheaper that way. It's almost $12,000 for the whole thing new, so I got it split like that and I got a used one to cut down the price. The stairlift fits well into my home and stairwell, and its quality is good. I've got a friend who’s about 300 pounds, and the stairlift is tough. And when I go up and down myself, without using the stairlift, I just push the handles up, which is good. It gives me enough room to get by without getting hurt. Overall, my experience with Stannah has been very good.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

My husband had a stroke and he was finally coming home from the rehab after five months. Since our bathroom with the shower is upstairs, I needed a way to get him there. The other stairlift provider that I checked in with didn't have a buy-back program and I didn't like the quality of their chair. On the other hand, the people from Stannah Stairlifts who came for a sales visit were wonderful and I liked them a lot. They were very efficient and informative. We had Stannah install a straight stairlift for us. Likewise, the installers were wonderful. They were punctual and cleaned up after themselves.

I like the stairlift that we got. I had a little issue with the foot thing, but they fixed it. In terms of how the stairlift fits our stairwell, it is tight but it works. It has made things much easier for my husband and me and it works out for both of us. I have a heart problem and the stairs knock me out, so I use the stairlift too. I had to have the installers come back, though, and they should be here sometime this week to extend the railing for me. The people at Stannah have been very professional and attentive, and I'm very happy with them.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

My husband is disabled, so we purchased a stairlift from Stannah. My experience with Stannah was fine. The process was smooth and the reps were courteous. However, there are a couple of mechanical issues with the product. I told Stannah about it and a guy went out. Part of the problem was that the patented rail extension doesn’t sit correctly. But it doesn’t happen all the time. The guy worked on it, but it’s still doing it. And on top of that, the little round button at the end of the arm to make the footrest go up and down seems to stick.

It’s easy enough for me to jump into the chair and operate it. But for somebody with Alzheimer’s, that’s a harder job because of the ability to know that you’ve gotta hit the lever and hit the button and put the arms down and then go charge it after. That is a lot of things for somebody with Alzheimer’s to try and keep straight. Most of the stairlift seems really solid, but my husband’s 220 pounds with very bad balance and when he goes to sit down, he plops in it, and I keep wondering if it’s gonna tear the rail out. But the guy assured me when he put it in, it would handle my husband’s weight. Nevertheless, this stairlift is a godsend for my husband to be able to go upstairs and downstairs.

I have an office on Mill Street in Springfield, and it’s in an old mill building. There are no elevators in that building which makes it arduous to get up to the second floor where my office is and virtually impossible for any elder law clients that I might have coming in. I am going to approach the landlord of the building and suggest he put one of these stairlifts in.

Stannah Stairlifts response

Thanks Linda for your review. We have attempted to reach out to you to schedule a service visit. If you still have concerns about the rail and footrest you can reach out to our service department.

The Stannah Team

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I have an elderly father who needed help on stairs and the sales rep from Stannah told me what they had and what their service was. He came out, gave me an estimate and I told him to do it. It was something that I needed and I wasn’t overly concerned about the cost. Stannah was quick and convenient. Plus, my father is happy

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

We rented two stairlifts from Stannah. On their sales visit they were very professional, courteous and clear. They did everything they said they were gonna do. The process was very smooth and we were very happy with the visit. The installation team who came out to our home thereafter were very good. They didn’t leave any mess or anything and they've put the stairlift in very efficiently. They showed me how everything worked.

We have the stairlifts indoors. We live in a high-ranch, two-level house so I had to get two short and straight stairlifts. One of our stairs is a little narrow but they all fit fine. I like the fact that the chair turns and the safety features on it. It’s very good quality. It doesn’t feel like something is gonna fall off. Having the stairlifts greatly changed our lives because my wife was stuck in the basement for six days until we got that. She broke an ankle and she wasn’t allowed to walk at all. There aren’t many companies that rent a stairlift and it surprised us that we could. Our insurance company was surprised too when we asked about rental. Stannah has to advertise the rental part more.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

The stairlift from Stannah was probably the best product of the couple that we had looked at. We had a couple of companies come in and explain their products and what they did. And this one was more expensive, but it was a much better product. It has drastically improved the quality of my sister's life. It's helping her a lot. She can get up and down the stairs as she wants to, doesn’t need to have one of her siblings or her children actually come over and help her up the stairs at the end of the day, or down the stairs at the beginning of the day. My sister is loving the stairlift.

The rep stressed the safety and the quality of the product, as opposed to trying to detract from other products. And the gentleman who did the install really made sure that my sister felt comfortable with it before he left. He stressed the different safety features and made sure she was able to work with it. I would recommend Stannah.

Stannah Stairlifts response

Thank you for your review Larry. We’re very happy to have helped your sister regain her independence at home. If you ever need anything, we’re just a call away.

The Stannah Team

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I was having great difficulty going up the stairs. I liked the internet presentation of Stannah Stairlifts over other stairlift providers. I got the straight stairlift from them, 15 stairs with the movable bottom part. Their salesman was good and then the workman was good too. I've had the stairlift for a month now and it made going up and down very much easier.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I’m 83 years old and just getting a little worn out. I’m still able to go up and down the stairs and I’m still able to do things. I wanna keep doing things that I’m doing as long as I can. The Stannah stairlift was given to me by a friend. They lived in a town here in Suffield, then they moved to South Carolina and then they went to Florida. They had a house up here and they were gonna sell the house. Their daughter said that if I wanna hire the stairlift people to remove the stairlift there then install in my house, that I could have it for whatever it would cost to do it, so I did it.

The installer from Stannah was great. He knew exactly what he was doing and went right to work on it. He’s a real asset to the Stannah team. He also demonstrated how the stairlift works. It’s fairly simple, straight up and down. It doesn’t go around any turns or anything. The quality of the stairlift is excellent. It's a wonderful thing. It has made my life easier and has given me security just going upstairs.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I have a very difficult stairway that's bold and straight. It looks more like the kind of stairway you would find in a boat coming up from the lower deck to the upper deck. It's flat, steep and no backing on the stairs. But after 45 years, I'm used to it, so I've never had any accident on the stairs. I'm going to need a stairlift, however, probably within the next five years, so getting a stairlift seemed to be the right thing to do. Having one also made my son feel more secure since I had this experience of a fall.

The rep from Stannah was terrific. Whenever I had a question and I called, the wait time to hear back from her was always less than an hour. The overall quality of the build seems great. I watched the installation all day and everything was professional. No kids have come in and bumped on it. It has just been me. The unfortunate thing is that the stairlift is here. And since it's here, I'm much more prone to use it than to walk up and down the stairs which is too bad because I should be doing that. I don't wear my Fitbit going up and down the stairs, but I miss out a bit on the exercise. But that's all right.

Stannah has got that stuff together. They know what they're doing and their representatives are trained well. They are usually dealing with older people and they know how to handle that. It's a specific quality of personality you have to have. If people are crotchety, they have to know, "How do you soothe people like that?" Most of us don't wanna ever be old, but when someone comes in and installs a stairlift, they're like,"Oh, I guess I am old. Still, my experience with Stannah has been excellent and I couldn't be happier. The Stannah stairlift works.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Of all the people that I talked with, I liked Stannah Stairlifts best. I liked their product, their presentation, and what they do. I liked everything about them. My husband was having a problem getting up and down the stairs, and we had a straight stairlift installed. There was no pressure during the sales visit. Jonathan was wonderful. He was very interested in me, and why we wanted the chair and what we were looking for.

I wanted to go and see the stairlift. I wanted my husband to be able to sit in it and make sure it was good for him, but he fell out of the shower before I was able to do that, so we never got that opportunity. In the end, we bought it in good faith. The installer, Jacob, was a sweetheart. Whenever he talked to me, he stopped what he was doing, he got off his knees, looked me in the eye, and we had a conversation. You don’t know how infrequently that happens these days. The product is great. Jacob did not leave the house until he knew that I felt confident about running that chair.

I love everything about the stairlift. I love the way it looks. It’s not overwhelming. I’m very fussy. I live in a condo, and the lift is unobtrusive. It does a great job. I have recommended Stannah. They train their staff very well. They know what’s important when they’re out talking with potential clients. The client is the one that you need to concentrate on. They didn’t have their phones out, which almost everybody does today.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

We do some work for Stannah, so I knew about the company. I emailed my contact, and he sent a sales rep, Joe. He was very nice. My mother-in-law moved in with us recently and he was very patient with her and explained to her what the chairlift was gonna do. He took the measurements. We have kind of a narrow stairway, so he figured out what would fit, and he gave me three options. We picked the one we wanted, and he scheduled the installation a week and a half later.

My mother-in-law can use it all by herself. She has become kinda the family expert on it. When new people come to the house, she demonstrates it for them. But the best part is she’s not climbing up and down stairs when I’m not around so I don’t have to worry about her having a broken leg at the bottom of the stairs. I would definitely recommend Stannah.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I did some research and I also found someone who had an installation from Stannah done for their parents like a year ago, and they’ve been very happy with it. Everybody at Stannah was very informative and professional. We appreciated the installation as well. But we had a missing piece that wasn’t on the truck, that someone is coming to install later this week. Nevertheless, the quality of the stairlift is great.

It’s kind of an unfortunate situation. We had it installed for my mother who was moving in. There was no other way to really get her into the house. It was from the basement to the kitchen. She was in her 90s but she had passed away. We had the installation done on the middle of December, and she was here like a week. We used it once for her. So, I’m kind of in a quandary as to what to do about it. We haven’t had it that long or used it. I know that they will buy it back, but at 30%.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I called a few other people I knew in the area that had put stairs in for their parents, and they recommended Stannah. The sales rep was terrific and very nice. He explained everything in detail and answered all my questions. A straight inside stairlift was installed, and it fits into the stairwell perfectly and is very unobtrusive. The installation team was very clean and presentable. They were very thorough, explained how it was gonna be and they answered all my questions. We like the convenience of the stairlift. Its remote is helpful and handy to bring down at night. It’s really helped in our quality of life.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

We liked the price of the Stannah stairlifts as well as the time of installation, quality of product and the previous reviews online. The salesperson sold us the product and looked at the installation location, priced it out, and gave us the warranty information. The service people were here on time, worked very neatly and confidently answered our questions. Overall, we’re very happy with the installation and the product to this date. My wife has issues with her leg and uses the stairlift for the basement so she can do the laundry easier. We have a 180-curve in the stairlift which was what I wanted and we use it once every couple of weeks. So far, it’s functioning very well.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Everybody from Stannah was very nice and professional. My wife picked out a stairlift and the installation was very efficient and everything was fine. The stairlift feels sturdy and the price was pretty fair. It squeaks a little bit though. I have leg weakness and having the stairlift has improved my life. I don’t use it every time I go up and down the stairs. But there are certain times I need it and when I need it, I need it.

Stannah Stairlifts response

Thank you Adam for taking the time to provide a review. We’re glad your stairlift is working well for you. We have attempted to reach out to you to schedule a service visit. If you are still concerned about the squeaking you can call our service department. We might be able to give you a solution over the phone, but if we can’t, we’ll have a technician come and help you.

The Stannah Team

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Considering our age, we decided we were gonna get a stairlift. It was becoming apparent that either we’d have to do a lot of remodeling downstairs or we should get one so that we can continue to use the upstairs rooms the way we like to. I have a colleague who got Stannah to put in a stairlift for them and they liked the service. Stannah also has daily ads in the Globe sports section and you can’t see those day after day without it imprinting on your mind. Things were very good during their sales visit and the guy that came had a good pitch. He didn’t beat around the bush. He answered all of our questions and was very accurate on the things he told us as it turned out. He was pleasant and forceful, a good salesman.

The installation guy was also wonderful. He figured out a couple of things that needed doing in terms of providing safety buffers at the bottom and top, and what he could do, and created those for us. He was extremely pleasant and he explained everything, all the safety features. And he did the installation in an expeditious way. The whole thing took him around five hours and he did a very good job. So far, the stairlift is working fine and we’ve used it more than we thought we might. We used it also to cart Christmas decorations up and down from the storage closet and various things along that line. We’re very pleased with it. I would recommend Stannah.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

My stepdaughter felt that I needed a stairlift because I had been in the hospital and I had trouble walking. Everybody at Stannah was fine. I got a straight stairlift and it was installed in an hour and a half. I've had it for six weeks and while I don’t use it that much and I still use the stairs, it’s a help for the future.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

My husband needed some relief from going up the stairs as he was having a hard time. My neighbor across the street had a stairlift by Stannah and she had a very positive experience. She gave me the information, but I called a couple of other companies as well. The difference between the people that I spoke to on the phone and the people that I spoke with at Stannah was like night and day. I also did a lot of research, and the quality of Stannah's product surpassed that of the others from what I gathered. Even though Stannah is actually more money, it's well worth every penny you pay for. It has a 10-year warranty when the other companies give you only one.

Their reps were wonderful and they were one of the reasons why we decided to purchase. The gentleman came to the house to speak with me about it, and there was no pressure. He was very personable and knowledgeable, and he answered all my questions. I didn’t ever hear, “Well, if you sign with us today…” which is always irritating. My husband was in the hospital at the time that he came out, and he gave me his card and told me to call him if I or my husband had any questions. My husband came home unexpectedly, and the rep arranged for our stairlift to be put in quickly. I was quite surprised that he was able to do that. Those are the things that mean a lot.

We went with the straight stairlift that's for indoors, and the chair part swivels at the top of the stairs. So, when you get up, you’re not on the edge of the stairway and you’re facing the wall in the hallway. The person who came to install it was wonderful. He had it up and running and he taught us how to do it. My husband has balance issues as well so the swivel at the top makes a huge difference. I feel much more secure with him getting out of that chair, standing in the hallway, rather than teetering on the edge of a stair. As for the sturdiness of it, you get in it and you're going up the stairs, and you don’t feel like, “Is this gonna make it?” Stannah is the company to go with, and we have not been a bit sorry. I would highly recommend them to anybody.

Hello Sharon,

Thanks for your kind words. We're glad you had such a great experience with our representatives and installers! Stannah has worked hard to ensure the highest safety standards and we maintain a strict process from design through installation. We're glad that this has helped you and your husband feel safe and secure at home. If you ever need anything, we’re just a call away.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

My husband has Alzheimer's and he can't walk. A stairlift is a necessity so we purchased one from Stannah. However, the step for going where you put your feet didn't work. So, I called the company and Benny, the serviceman, called back. He was prompt but he could have been a little more polite. He asked why I didn't know how to work it and why I didn't read the manual. I told him I wasn't here when it was installed. He also said, "Oh, you can fix that yourself, blah blah blah." I did fix it. He walked me through it but he was abrupt. My only problem with the stairlift was it doesn't turn automatically, which I wasn't aware of when I bought it. I just bought it online that's why I didn't realize that it doesn't change. Apparently, you have to pull up a lever and then my husband has to turn, which is difficult for him. Nevertheless, the stairlift takes him up and down.

Mrs. Fazio,

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry that you felt the serviceman was abrupt. We always try to be courteous. We’ll make sure we address it so that in the future you have more positive experiences. We do have a power swivel option that automatically turns the chair to face the landing as you hold the hand control. This comes at an additional cost, but can be retrofitted to your stairlift. If you would like find out more about this option you can call our service department.

The Stannah Team

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

We went with Stannah since my father had used them before, and everything was good during the sales visit. The rep answered all my questions, and she was pleasant. There was a little confusion on where to put the stairlift, so the installation guy had to come back again 'cause he had the wrong parts. It works well, though I feel that we should move it to the other stairs. Still, he also answered all my questions.

Stannah Stairlifts response

Andrea, thanks for your review. We’re sorry that there was some confusion with the installation but we’re happy that your stairlift is now working well. If you’d like to move your stairlift to another staircase or explore other solutions give us a call and we’ll be happy to help.

Stannah Stairlifts expert review by Shelley Webb

Stannah is a stairlift designer and manufacturer founded in 1867. The family-owned company aims to help people stay as independent as possible by providing their customers with high-quality and customizable stairlifts. It also provides safety testing and installation.

• Focus on safety: The stairlifts are tested for safety at various points in the design and manufacturing process.

• Installation: Stannah installers deliver and install stairs in a professional and attentive manner. They test the lifts, help consumers understand how to operate them and clean up after themselves.

• In-person support: Stannah technicians in the United States and Canada can provide in-person help after installation.

• Telephone support: Customer service representatives are available through the phone seven days a week around the clock. Consumers can call a toll-free number to arrange a free home assessment, no strings attached.

• Flexible designs: Stannah designs enable users to carry grocery or laundry bags, as well as fit with existing decorative patterns. They can also be folded for easy storage when they are not in use.

• Fits various needs: Stannah offers rental stairlifts for short-term use, and the company's stairlifts work in wide, straight, curved and narrow staircases.

• Best for: people who can't walk, people with limited mobility, people who have a heart or lung condition and people who have trouble bending their knees.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Stannah Stairlifts questions and answers

What problem is Stannah Stairlifts trying to solve?
Stannah Stairlifts are designed to make it easier and safer to get up and downstairs, allowing those with mobility issues to continue living independently at home.
What sets Stannah Stairlifts apart from the competition?
Our company is unique and distinguishable from our competitors by the quality of our materials, the practicality of our designs and the reliability and range of our product offerings.
What needs do your products fulfill, and how does Stannah Stairlifts fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Our products meet the needs of individuals suffering from chronic or temporary mobility issues by providing a means of travel, up and down stairs, without the physical and emotional stress that can be associated with the activity. Our business model and product offerings are designed with the user in mind, emphasizing a person centered approach to customer service and utilizing the latest ergonomic design features.
How does your company measure success?
Our Company measures success through a sustained reputation of excellence in safety, quality of service and product design. We regularly seek out customer feedback in order to best meet the changing needs of our consumers.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
One of the most common misconceptions about stairlifts is that they’re all generally the same. Most people don’t understand the differences in safety features and the ways in which subtle improvements can make a profound difference.
How has Stannah Stairlifts changed in the last 5 years?
We’ve recently released a new line of stairlifts with better rail designs, more feedback and enhanced options for the consumer. This new design will provide our customers with a better stairlift that is both easier to use and more efficient to service.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Stannah Stairlifts?
We’d like all of our customers to know that we stand by our product. We have one of the best warranties in the industry and we’re proud of our service record and the reliability of our products. We’re constantly growing and looking to improve, but always with the end user in mind. That’s why we take care in all that we do, and aim to ensure that our customers can rely on us as a company that’s always true to our word.
Has Stannah Stairlifts received any awards your customers would like to know about?
While Stannah has received many awards over the years, one milestone that we’re extremely proud of is that we’ve sold over 600,000 stairlifts worldwide. We believe that our level of experience is unmatched in the industry and really sets us apart.
How has Stannah Stairlifts grown or evolved?
We’ve been an independent, family-owned business since the mid-1860s. Since that time, our company has grown exponentially, becoming a world leader in the Lifting industry. We were also among the earliest companies to feature stairlifts. Since then, we’ve been at the forefront of product advancement and improvement.

Stannah Stairlifts Company Information