4.81/5
Based on 285 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded by Joseph Stannah in 1867, Stannah Stairlifts has remained a family-owned and operated company with a strong commitment to its customers' safety and comfort. Our focus is providing customers in the US and Canada with peace of mind and the freedom to maintain as much of the same level of mobility as ever as you or your loved one transitions.

With flexible options to rent or buy stairlifts and many capabilities to fit any type of staircase, we're confident we can help find the right option to fit your specific needs. Call us today to find a dealer near you or talk to a knowledgeable professional to get help and advice on the right stairlift for you or your loved ones.

Stannah Stairlifts Gallery (2)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experienceDissatisfied with the experienceSatisfied with the experienceHappy with the experienceWould recommend to a friend
Last updated: April 17, 2018

287 Stannah Stairlifts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 17, 2018

An elderly gentleman there needed a stairlift and I'm the caretaker. Stannah Stairlifts was recommended by one of his friends, so I reached out to Stannah. The interaction that I had with the rep during the sales visit was very professional, informative, and very good. We had a curved stairlift installed for the gentleman and it fits very well into the home. The installers were very pleasant and nice to work with, and there was a demonstration of how the stairlift worked. I've used the stairlift and I like it. It's cool and its quality is good.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 15, 2018

I've had mobility issues for a couple of years following a car accident and the steps had become increasingly difficult so my husband and I purchased a stairlift to help me. We looked at other stairlifts and we felt that Stannah was a better product. Edwin, the sales rep, was wonderful and our interaction was very good. We had confidence in him, he was very knowledgeable about the product and very clear about how it would be, the follow-up and the service that was available. He also told us to check the computer for feedback about the company. The straight stairlift we had installed takes up space but it doesn’t matter because I’m on the chairlift. But for my husband, he’s getting used to it.

The installation was on the day that we were expecting a snowstorm, so I didn’t know if the installers were going to come. But Rich, the installation guy, was here at exactly 8 o’clock in the morning. He was very friendly, delightful, and pleasant and he gave us such confidence. As he worked, he worked efficiently and he got the job done in a very timely fashion the way he said he would. He showed us every button and dial and it was great. My husband likes the stairlift's ability to minimize or eliminate the pain in climbing steps. Every time I climbed the steps, I would be in so much pain and it was terrible. Now I come up the steps in a chairlift and I arrive at our living level without any more pain than before. The chairlift has gotten rid of all that pain from climbing the steps and it has really enhanced my quality of life.

It's good that Stannah has a showroom that we could visit and Louise, the rep there, was very sweet and patient. We had to call back one or two times after that visit, before the installation, and she was very accessible and helpful. It was also helpful to go there and to try the stairlift out and really see what it was like. My husband and I had been thinking about putting in an electrical outlet closer to the stairlift, and when I was at the showroom, I was able to see that it really would be fine not to do that. We’ve had the Stannah stairlift for only about three weeks, but it’s been wonderful. And from what we have read on the reviews on the consumeraffairs.org, people are very happy with it and hopefully, Stannah stands behind their product. We were told by the salesperson as well as the installer that we should have very few problems with it. But if we do, the Stannah team will be here within 24 hours or even on the same day if we call in the morning.

The Stannah stairlift is was more expensive than Acorn, the one that we had considered buying. But we decided to go with Stannah because it seemed like a better product and maybe a better company. What scared us a bit about Acorn was when went on consumeraffairs.org. Acorn had a lot of negative posts about it and Stannah had almost all wonderful post about it. I’m not sure how that could be because the Better Business Bureau site had very few negative complaints about Acorn and they were rated an A plus. So, my husband was very surprised about the disparity between consumeraffairs.org and Better Business Bureau site and we have to configure what the difference was there. Nevertheless, Stannah is a great company and a great product. Louise, Edwin, and Rich make a difference and everybody knows a lot about the product which is fabulous. They’re terrific people and they really represented the company in a very good light.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I rented the Stannah Stairlifts for my aunt who is 94. She’s in rehab. Her bedroom is upstairs and the living facilities are downstairs, and she needed the ease of going from her bedroom to a bath downstairs. I got the straight one, which seems sturdy, and it fits very well in our home. I was comfortable with my interactions with the rep who was knowledgeable and informative. Installation was quick. The installer didn’t make a mess. He cleaned up by himself and he explained how it operated. He was very professional. My aunt and other family members who use it thought it was okay.

Original review: April 7, 2018

June is 94 and she was having a hard time getting up and down the stairs. She has 14 stairs, and she would have to go up the stairs and rest halfway up. So, I know she’s extremely comfortable getting up there now and she feels very safe on it. I'm her caregiver so I'm not sure how much she paid for it but she had another stairlift company come in prior to Stannah and they were very expensive. She had done quite a bit of research on the internet and Stannah was very reasonable because she was quick to purchase. Quality-wise, it’s very fine and the stairlift fits perfectly into the stairwell. It’s great and she loves it. She also hasn’t had a problem at all.

The rep who came for the sales visit was very polite and helpful, and he answered all her questions. We had a curved stairlift installed and the installation went very well. There were two installers and June was extremely happy with them. They were very knowledgeable and they explained it extremely well. She gets a little confused when people try and explain things to her, and the kid who explained it was extremely patient with her. Everybody at Stannah has been so kind and very nice. It was a great experience with Stannah and I would recommend them very highly.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I have a hip that's bone-on-bone and I can't walk nor climb the stairs so we got a stairlift for our home from Stannah. I had visited their location before and I saw their ad in Boston Globe to get a phone number. Their sales rep answered all our questions and the experience was fine when they came to my home. I was glad that their installation team was able to get it in quickly and they did a good job. We had a straight staircase installed and now, I can get up and down the stairs. I wished the staircase was wider but it's working out well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stannah Stairlifts?

Original review: April 5, 2018

My mother is 97 and she has 18 steps to go up to her apartment. And she was having a bit of a trouble with it. We put the Stannah stairlift then. Stannah's sales representative was very nice. He explained everything and I had all the information I needed. I asked him questions and it was a positive experience. Stannah has a good product, we like the honesty of their salesperson, and they have better guarantees on their product.

We got the curved stairlift. It has two remote controls, and it's easy enough to operate. So far, so good. I was here when it was being installed, and the installers were very professional, courteous and they explained what they were doing and how long it was going to take. They showed me all the features once it was installed. Since having the stairlift, it's a lot easier for my mom to get up and down the steps now. And I don't have to help her or worry that she's going to fall when she goes up those steps. Overall, I had a good experience with them so far. I would recommend them highly.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I'm 90 years old and I'm getting infirm. I read an advertisement in some magazine and I didn't know what the stairlift was then but I used the information to give Stannah a call. They came out and interacted with me then Jacob installed it. Now, I use the stairlift to come down in the morning and go up in the evening but when I use it, it goes, 'bang, bang, bang, bang'. I'd buy any feature that would turn that off. Otherwise, the quality is splendid. It took me a while to figure out what was going on with the fact that the chair would go up by itself. Well, I had to press a button but it would go up without me sitting on it to get out of the way. Otherwise, it would be in the way of opening one of the doors to the back of the house. That's my favorite feature.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I needed a stairlift then I asked the people I know and one of them said he was very happy with the Stannah Stairlifts. The sales visit was very good. We had a good idea of our choice in our minds 'cause it was what we wanted. But the person who came was very effective as well. He took measurements of first, the stairlift then the stairs.

We got a straight stairlift and the quality is very good. It fits well in our stairwell and the cost is very reasonable. I know lots of cheaper stairlifts, but they're not as good. It was a very good experience and I would recommend Stannah Stairlifts if people asked me. I'm very happy with it. I use it when I'm really tired late at night and when I have to carry something. I put shopping bags and groceries on the stairlift and send them upstairs then my wife unloads them. That's how it simplifies our life. I don’t use it all the time now and we have to navigate around the stairlift if we don't want to go up and down the stairs, but that's the only way. At some point, I would have to use it all the time.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I fell down and injured my hip, so I had a brace and had trouble walking up the stairs. I looked through the computer and Stannah Stairlifts kept popping up as the best. Their rep explained what their product is about and was very good. I got the straight stairlift and it’s perfect. The installers came in and did their job. They also let me try it out and I thought it was good. I like the swivel seat especially. Everything is excellent.

Original review: April 1, 2018

My patient needed a stairlift to get up to his second floor as he's not able to negotiate the stairs safely anymore. We had another vendor come but they couldn't accommodate his height, and Stannah Stairlifts was recommended to us by someone else who had a very tricky stairway. They had the product that worked and it fit.

We had great interactions. The salesman came a total of three times, which was two more than it needed to be, but my patient required a lot of support and repetition. The gentleman that was here was very helpful, answered all of his questions, and understood the issues of an older person coming to terms with a physical need and how long it takes to make these kinds of decisions. We have a very narrow stairlift that goes straight up. As a caregiver, I like the safety features of it and the versatility insofar as we can control it and he can too, so he has some independence with it. It's an excellent option for him and for us. It's very sturdy and he's very comfortable on it. I would recommend it and I'm very glad it's here.

Original review: March 31, 2018

We used Stannah Stairlifts when my daughter had hip surgery four years ago. Since they already had the measurement to my stairs, we rented a stairlift from them for a short period of time as my 13-year-old daughter underwent hip surgery again and I couldn't get her upstairs. She's too heavy and big. However, I was not happy with the change in their policy. Before, I only rented the stairlift for three months, but now the policy is six months. That was very irritating and I didn’t feel I had a choice because starting over with another company would’ve been more work for me because I was at the hospital and it would be tricky for me to get back home and have somebody come and measure my stairs. And although it took the guy to install the stairlift a long time, it was fine. He was great and very knowledgeable too. The quality of the stairlift is great as well. It gets my daughter upstairs safely and that's the most important part.

Original review: March 30, 2018

My husband and I have difficulties climbing stairs and especially bringing stuff up or down, and we needed a stairlift. We had different people in for interviews and we were most impressed with the Stannah salesperson. We liked the presentation and the fact that he answered all of our questions. We got a straight stairlift and the guy that installed it was pleasant and very good. He also cleaned up better than when he arrived. However, the stairlift was fine in the beginning but now I've seen in the track that there's a bump. But other than that, we go up and down the stairs with ease. We just recommended it yesterday to my brother, and he came down and tried it out.

Original review: March 29, 2018

We have an individual who had a stroke who is paralyzed on one side. Our sales visit experience with Stannah Stairlifts was a totally professional thing. Everybody on their installation team was great. Now, we have five stairlifts and they fit well in our home. Quality is overall pretty good and Stannah Stairlifts has helped out a lot. I'm not going anywhere else.

Original review: March 28, 2018 We purchased a Stannah stairlift because we needed access for my mother to go upstairs. I did research and I saw a lot of good reviews on their website, and I liked how the website was laid out, too. Then I spoke with them and made a decision. They have been terrific during the sales visit, and the installation team was great. We have a custom with the curved and it is perfect and it has been working well. I'm very satisfied and would recommend them.

And we're very happy with the purchase.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I needed a stairlift for my mother who can’t climb stairs anymore. She has knee problems. I called the number, Stannah Stairlifts set a date for someone to come and do some measurements. They came and did the measurements. With Stannah I don’t have to carry or lift her anymore. She’s slow to use it ‘cause she’s anxious about the equipment but I’m sure over time she’ll use it more and more.The stairlift seems pretty good quality and I’d use Stannah again if I needed it. The whole process was all painless.

Original review: March 26, 2018

A family member needed a stairlift and I got Stannah because they had less bad reviews. Stannah did a good job. The installation team answered all my questions. He was in and out, was quite efficient, educated us on the use of the chair and we had no issues. The price was a little higher than what I would have expected. But it works.

Original review: March 25, 2018

My dad needed a stairlift because he's 92 and he's got arthritis. Stannah's cost was about up to the other ones that we have looked at and it seemed fair. The salespeople were great too. The guy explained it, and he was informative and polite. The install team was also great and everything went really well. The indoor stairlift goes up a couple of steps then it turns, goes up the major part of the staircase and then turns a little bit. It fits pretty well where it is.

Original review: March 24, 2018

My son has muscle dystrophy and we use the Stannah stairlift for that. The price was convenient for us and the sales rep was great. He explained to me all the steps and he was very nice. Then the installer explained to me how to use it. If somebody really needs it, it's a great choice and I would recommend it.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I have a hard time to walk and I need a hip replacement but they can’t give it to me right now. We thought that a stairlift would make it easier for me to get up the stairs because our bedrooms are upstairs. And then, I have a neighbor that has Stannah, and she talked us into it to go with them. The salesperson we dealt with was good. He has a nice presentation and that's why we decided to go with them instead of Acorn. We have a curved stairlift and it fits okay with our townhouse. It does not distract anything. I was a little afraid that it would take away from my little condo, but it did not. The guys who installed it were perfect. They were two young men and they were very good, polite and nice. My experience with the workers was very good.

I like that I just sit on the chair and I go up. It is safe and I don't hesitate to get on it. The quality is very good too, and it is working well. However, the cost is a little high. Also, I called and they came back a few days later because the bottom part that sits in my hallway became dislodged from the foam inside of that little steel thing, but I don’t think that has anything to do with the working process of the chair. It didn’t stop me from using it. Still, overall, I’m very satisfied.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I have got a 91-year-old aunt that has arthritis and pneumonia and we are trying to keep her in the house. I did some research and I just like the way they came across with their ads. And then, I talked to a rep and he was really nice. The tech, after that, was also nice, so that did a lot. I got the straight stairlift and it has a robotic arm that does down to the lower level and it has an automatic turn where it pivots to turn her at the top of the stairs. It also has a footrest that comes out automatic, so it is nice. My aunt is in love with it. It fits right into our home and it's good for her and it leaves enough room for guest to walk around it. It is perfect and it does everything. I like the convenience of not having to struggle over stairs, plus she puts a soft laundry basket and there's a lot to hold the stuff up and down the stairs. She is not struggling with trying to hold stuff and then hold both railings.

The installer who came were polite. The guy was clean and he cleaned up after himself. I felt bad he did it all alone and it took him almost eight hours. I thought maybe another tech should have been helping him. It just seemed like an awful, lot of work for one guy. That was a little weird, but everything else was fine. The cost was reasonable. I would love something for $2000 than just to cost us $57, but it is half a month in an assisted living. It gives her three to five more years in that house before she has to go somewhere else, so it really has a value. I’m already talking to people about it. The neighbors and all came over and wanted to see it. They saw the track there so they’re all happy for her that she got it.

Original review: March 22, 2018

My wife needs a stairlift. I did some research, checked out different ones and I decided to go with Stannah Stairlifts. The sales guy was very informative and helpful. And the installers were very good, too, and there was a demonstration of how the stairlift worked. We got a curved stairlift and it fits well into our home. Also, Stannah's cost seems comparable to other ones. I would tell others to call them.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Our straight stairlift from Stannah has a retractable track and it fits in good in our home. It’s easy for my husband to go up and down the stairs and I like sending the laundry up and down the stairs. I’m very satisfied with our stairlift. The quality is very good, and it has a 10-year warranty. And with our stairlift, we can stay in our home longer.

Our experience has been excellent all in all. Somebody I knew had a Stannah stairlift and they had good luck with it. So, I also bought a stairlift from Stannah. The sales visit was very good. Everything was explained to me and there was no pressure to buy the stairlift. The installer was very good and he gave a demo of how it worked. Somebody was going to give me a stairlift for free, and it was going to cost half of the cost to have it removed and brought here and installed. And there was only a couple of years warranty left on the used one, so I bought the new one. And with that, the cost wasn't that bad.

I highly recommend the stairlift to people if they don’t want to give up their homes and go to assisted living or buy another home all on one floor. It is a good option. Also, I'd tell my friends to come over, take a look at our Stannah stairlift, and try it. I think they’ll like it. Also, I like that if I don’t like the stairlift or if it isn’t for me or if I sell our house and the people coming in don’t want it, Stannah will come and remove it free of charge. That is a plus and not many other places would do that without a cost involved.

Original review: March 20, 2018

My friend loves her straight stairlift and is having a great experience with it. She got it as she decided to move downstairs and needed access to the upstairs laundry and bathtub. The sales rep was good and the installation was done in about three hours. There was a demonstration at the end too, and the most important thing is that the stairlift swivels at the top of the stairs so that she can’t fall backwards. It's very good and I would recommend Stannah Stairlifts.

Original review: March 20, 2018

My mother has limited mobility and the stairs have been becoming more and more difficult for her, so I got a stairlift to make sure that she was safe moving about and still have the freedom of standing to and from the top floor to downstairs without a problem, by herself. When my brother and I were looking at all different types of chairs and we went to the Stannah showroom and they showed us Acorn and all the other brands, it was obvious to us that the Stannah chair had better features. Also, their people were very good about making sure that we have what we needed. We ended up getting a refurbished chair because financially it made a bit of a difference for us. We waited a little longer to get it but it was worth the wait.

The installer was great. They walked my mom through everything and it brought tears to her eyes. It’s a bit of a life change and it’s also the relief of knowing she’s assisted upstairs. Once the chair was set up, it had an automatic swivel on both the top and bottom of the stairs. It was working when they installed it at the bottom of the stairs, but when they left it wasn't working. I don’t know what happened. I have to figure it out.

But my mom is happy with the overall comfort of the chair. She’s tall, about 5’9. We did the Siena and it’s so sturdy, and we also ended up getting the curved rail, which was worth it, based on how my mother has to maneuver to get in and out of the chair with her walker. It was worth the additional money invested for that curved rail. It sets her up best to get into the chair. We made the right decision based on her needs. I would definitely recommend Stannah, and I would tell friends to have them come out and give that computation and make sure they’re checking to see what all the different brands are doing out there for different models, and check against prices.

Original review: March 19, 2018

The stairlift swivels out, at the top of the stairs so my mom doesn't have to worry about falling down the stairs. The quality is nice and the cost was appropriate. I would highly recommend it. I purchased a stairlift for my parents to be able to get up of the house. They're elderly and my mom has Parkinson's disease. And she was having trouble getting around. Stannah has availability and was able to do the work quickly. And the salesman didn't try and outsell me. It was refreshing. He was very informative and gave me all my choices. Because of the configuration of the stairs, the house, and the front door, it was a little difficult. And he was very helpful in designing it and recommending what we need that they have.

A straight stairlift was installed and it fits well. I would have liked it better if the seat had folded up but I understand that's an option on a more expensive and it wasn't necessary. The guy who installed it was really nice. He came, introduced himself, and worked very quietly, efficiently, and quickly. And when he was done, he made sure to explain every little detail to us, which was really nice.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Stannah got good ratings and their stairlift looks like a quality product. Their salesperson was very straightforward about the product and warranties and what I was entitled to, and the cost. It was a very easy experience. The gentleman who came to install was very knowledgeable about the product and its uses, and he took plenty of time to show me how it worked, made sure that I was comfortable with it. He did a fine job, and the installation was clean and neat. The stairlift didn't cost less but it does exactly what I wanted it to do. I needed help getting up and down the stairs. And it holds my body from the top of the stairs to the bottom easily, it pivots, and does everything it's supposed to.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I was living with my mother in law and since she was very ill, the stairlift helped. The salesman was great and the installers did a great job. The stairlift was a little intrusive on the stairs since it's in the way. It went on my basement stairs so it was a little tough to get downstairs with that, but we accepted it because it is what it is. You need to have somebody be able to get down the stairs.

Unfortunately the day we put the stairlift in, my mother in law passed away so we didn’t get to use it too much. We had Stannah take it out and their team did a great job in doing it. When we called to have them take it back, they said if we had called sooner, we would have gotten a bigger refund, but we just weren’t thinking at the time when she passed that we were going to call them right away to take it out. They could have been a little more flexible and understanding and gave my father in law a proper refund. But the stairlift is good and I’d recommend Stannah.

Original review: March 17, 2018

My mother was in rehab and she needed to go up the stairs and she couldn’t. I saw Stannah Stairlifts on the Boston Globe and their rep who came over was great, he knew exactly what we needed. We had a straight stairlift installed and it sits perfectly in our home. The installer was on time, did his job and worked well. He offered to come back when my mother got out of the hospital, but we didn’t need him to. But he showed us how to do the stairlift and we showed our mother. The quality seems great and the cost is right where it should be. Overall, Stannah Stairlift enabled my mother to come home. I had a very good experience with them from start to finish.

Original review: March 16, 2018

My mother just moved in to my home and she's unable to do the stairs. I needed a stairlift put in so she could get to the bedroom that I set up for her. I did online research, checked in all reviews and Stannah was the only one that didn't have complaints. I had the consultation, which went great. I did get a call from the installer on that first scheduled day. And I was like, "Oh no, no, no. You're not coming today. I can't be there." And I have to say he was fabulous. He said, "I'm sorry there was a misunderstanding and I'll get back to you." He then called me right back. And he said, "We're all set. I'll see you tomorrow." There was the little mishap with the scheduling, but they corrected it immediately without any argument. It was wonderful. And he did a great job. He was meticulous, and very concerned about my home and my floors, keeping everything as neat as possible. He gave me a demonstration too.

It was a positive experience from start to finish. And the stairlift has been functioning great. It works and it's smooth. The speed isn't too slow and not obviously fast, which you don't want. My mother feels stable. I feel comfortable with her in it. It's been a God sent. I was expecting it to cost more but it was less than I expected. It's worth it and I would highly recommend. I was at a medical supplies store recently and they do have people come in who need the service. So, I recommended Stannah to them.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I fracture my heel and ribs. I couldn't go up and down the stairs because I couldn't stand on my heel. I decided to get a stairlift and my sister-in-law had a Stannah. A couple of people recommended it to me as well. Their representative was a nice man and he was very clear and efficient. Stannah's stairlift cost was reasonable. I got an outdoor stairlift from them. While their installation team was here for a long time, they were nice people and showed us how the stairlift worked. The quality is very good and it has been so helpful.

Stannah Stairlifts expert review by Shelley Webb

Stannah is a stairlift designer and manufacturer founded in 1867. The family-owned company aims to help people stay as independent as possible by providing their customers with high-quality and customizable stairlifts. It also provides safety testing and installation.

• Focus on safety: The stairlifts are tested for safety at various points in the design and manufacturing process.

• Installation: Stannah installers deliver and install stairs in a professional and attentive manner. They test the lifts, help consumers understand how to operate them and clean up after themselves.

• In-person support: Stannah technicians in the United States and Canada can provide in-person help after installation.

• Telephone support: Customer service representatives are available through the phone seven days a week around the clock. Consumers can call a toll-free number to arrange a free home assessment, no strings attached.

• Flexible designs: Stannah designs enable users to carry grocery or laundry bags, as well as fit with existing decorative patterns. They can also be folded for easy storage when they are not in use.

• Fits various needs: Stannah offers rental stairlifts for short-term use, and the company's stairlifts work in wide, straight, curved and narrow staircases.

• Best for: people who can't walk, people with limited mobility, people who have a heart or lung condition and people who have trouble bending their knees.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Stannah Stairlifts questions and answers

What problem is Stannah Stairlifts trying to solve?
Stannah Stairlifts are designed to make it easier and safer to get up and downstairs, allowing those with mobility issues to continue living independently at home.
What sets Stannah Stairlifts apart from the competition?
Our company is unique and distinguishable from our competitors by the quality of our materials, the practicality of our designs and the reliability and range of our product offerings.
What needs do your products fulfill, and how does Stannah Stairlifts fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Our products meet the needs of individuals suffering from chronic or temporary mobility issues by providing a means of travel, up and down stairs, without the physical and emotional stress that can be associated with the activity. Our business model and product offerings are designed with the user in mind, emphasizing a person centered approach to customer service and utilizing the latest ergonomic design features.
How does your company measure success?
Our Company measures success through a sustained reputation of excellence in safety, quality of service and product design. We regularly seek out customer feedback in order to best meet the changing needs of our consumers.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
One of the most common misconceptions about stairlifts is that they’re all generally the same. Most people don’t understand the differences in safety features and the ways in which subtle improvements can make a profound difference.
How has Stannah Stairlifts changed in the last 5 years?
We’ve recently released a new line of stairlifts with better rail designs, more feedback and enhanced options for the consumer. This new design will provide our customers with a better stairlift that is both easier to use and more efficient to service.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Stannah Stairlifts?
We’d like all of our customers to know that we stand by our product. We have one of the best warranties in the industry and we’re proud of our service record and the reliability of our products. We’re constantly growing and looking to improve, but always with the end user in mind. That’s why we take care in all that we do, and aim to ensure that our customers can rely on us as a company that’s always true to our word.
Has Stannah Stairlifts received any awards your customers would like to know about?
While Stannah has received many awards over the years, one milestone that we’re extremely proud of is that we’ve sold over 600,000 stairlifts worldwide. We believe that our level of experience is unmatched in the industry and really sets us apart.
How has Stannah Stairlifts grown or evolved?
We’ve been an independent, family-owned business since the mid-1860s. Since that time, our company has grown exponentially, becoming a world leader in the Lifting industry. We were also among the earliest companies to feature stairlifts. Since then, we’ve been at the forefront of product advancement and improvement.

Stannah Stairlifts Company Information