Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Caliber Home Loans

Thank you, Mark! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide you with excellent service while purchasing your first home!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

Our loan officer was really fantastic to work with. My spouse and I were buying our first home together, and our LO was able to answer all of our questions, providing deeper insight when we needed more information. We discussed several loan products, and were able to make an informed decision about what product best suited our goals and financial position. The closing went extremely smoothly. As a bonus, we got a great rate locked in just before the election!

Caliber Home Loans

Anna, We’re delighted to read your feedback about working with Caliber for your home loan! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the best service for each customer!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

Wonderful service! I previously had a mortgage with Bank of America, and it was painful. The difference is night and day. Caliber Home Loans provided seamless service, closed on time, were able to coordinate everything, fixed the mistake that the escrow company made. I can't recommend them enough! They also secured an excellent interest rate for me the minute I put down an offer on the house.

Dante, was recommended by a friend and it was definitely a great recommendation. Through various offers, Dante stuck by me and never denied service. Even, when it wasn't in his interest, he gave me great advice and continually pointed me in the right direction. Choosing Caliber was the best decision I made in the home buying process.

Caliber was great to work with. It was a very easy process. Loved being able to sign initial docs by eSig. Was kept informed of the process. It was easy and very quick. Great convenience that the notary came to my house on my lunch break. I will definitely recommend Caliber to my friends and family.

Alex ** was awesome. He worked with me through the process explaining me details around each aspect of the entire mortgage process. He was transparent and answered my million questions patiently. The entire process was seamless and we loved it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caliber Home Loans?

Caliber Home Loans provided excellent services and products along the process, in a very fast and efficient manner. The staff is superb! Very customer-oriented and always responsive in a very warm and professional way. I look forward to working again with Caliber Home Loans in a near future.

I had a wonderful experience dealing with Caliber Home Loans. The whole team had great communication with me throughout the entire process. Everyone was extremely nice and very helpful explaining stuff to me. Whenever I had a question they were there to answer it for me.

Renato ** was very professional yet with a person side. Renato treated me with the best experience ever for obtaining a mortgage. Renato always made sure he kept me abreast of the process, any changes he called me immediately. Renato was there from the application to the day of closing on our mortgage. Renato comes highly Recommended by me to all of my family and colleagues.

The overall experience was good although there seemed to be a lack of communication between staff. Re-submitting information became frustration but overall it was a good experience for me and my wife. I plan to recommend this loan agency to friends and family.

Caliber did a fantastic job through every step of the mortgage process. Their staff, including John **, are outstanding. They answer every question promptly and quickly got my loan approved, even accommodating the seller's request for an early closing. I recommend them highly. If they can't do it, it can't be done.

Caliber Home Loans was very determined to follow through with my approval as promised. Everyone was helpful to me and helped make it go smoothly during each step of the process. I'm very happy with the results and recommend the company to others. I will use them again in the future.

The bank was fabulous. The process was fluid and always moving forward. My internal contact, Tyler was a professional and returned my emails promptly. Thanks! Sean explained any questions I might have had. The whole experience was a good one. No last minute surprises!!!

Really great people to work with. They made it very easy and we are thankful. They spelled everything out for us, they were very clear on how to get them the information they needed and they answered all questions immediately. I would for sure recommend them to my friends and family.

My loan was handled very timely and professional. I would really recommend Caliber Home Loans to any of my family or friends looking to purchase a home. The branch manager Rod ** handled my loan with expertise. I would recommend him to anyone.

Dave ** was our loan professional and he knocked it out of the park. Everything went smoothly. Dave walked us through everything thoroughly and even helped us close two weeks early. Highly recommended.

Jeremey and his team was awesome! Smoothest experience I've had in getting a loan and they were really fast. They walked me through every step in process. I was able to do a lot of the signatures electronically, which was a plus for me since I didn't live in Bellingham. I'm looking forward to doing more deals with them.

Wally and Charlie ** are a great team and helped us first time home buyers understand the process and walk us through each step of the way. I am very happy with my experience and don't have any complaints. I will definitely recommend friends in the future.

We decided to refinance to consolidate a loan and get a lower interest rate. We sent to Darin ** who was fantastic and was always on top of the process and kept us informed through every step of the refinance. Completely happy with the way everything went down and was completed.

Don and the Caliber team ensured a VERY timely closing of my home and kept me informed throughout the entire process. I was more than pleased with how quickly the process went and how little I had to do, knowing that my loan officer and team were handling things on my behalf; always keeping me informed and helping me make the best decisions throughout.

Despite having many financial challenges, James ** was outstanding with his commitment, hard work, research and putting everything together for a closing to be done prior to the end of the year. We are very happy and would recommend James and Caliber Home Loans to all of our family and friends.

Pat and Holly were great to work with. Our loan was not an easy one to push through, and they worked very hard to make sure we were able to buy our first home! I would definitely recommend them - they will bend over backwards for you and make sure all of your questions are answered.

I learned a lot and was taken care of every step of the way. Josh was a great person to talk to also. The house is doing good and I very happy with everything that went on. Josh was very patient with me, and help me understand the house business very well.

After a few confusing and frustrating dead ends with other mortgage brokers and lenders, I connected with Missy ** at Caliber Home Loans. Everything went quickly and smoothly after that. I could not recommend anyone more highly. If you haven't applied for a mortgage loan for awhile, it can be a very disorienting process these days. We owned our last home for 16 years and did not expect such a minefield getting a loan for a new home. Missy was head-and-shoulders above anyone else we spoke to. She was prompt, communicative and professional. We never felt uninformed or confused. Talk to Missy before you waste your time anywhere else!

Customer service is horrible. I'm trying increase my payments. Can't log on to the website, nobody returns emails, can't get a human to speak to, and I don't get my monthly statement via email. This is a VA loan. I'm a retired military veteran. Fix the simple issue, or I will find someone that can. I can't even speak to a real person when I call the company headquarters. I bet I would get human interaction if I missed a payment. I deserve human interaction NOW!!!

EVERY time you want to get an answer to a question you are put on a long hold and then sent to different people in different departments who can't solve your issue. We recast our loan and it took them several months instead of weeks to simply re-amortize the loan. They sent several contracts back and forth and you weren't allowed to talk to or have a representative for your loan. We went to their local office asking for help and they told us all they do there is take apps. Then they wouldn't take the PMI off even though their own contract states that will be done automatically. They have been impossible to work with since day one and I would never recommend them. If we were not retired I would refinance with a different company but we are stuck with Caliber.

My experience with Caliber Home Loans was amazing. I had the opportunity to work with Shannon **. He was very professional and eager to help my situation. I would definitely with NO hesitation recommend Caliber. I would recommend anyone shopping for a lender to start with Shannon ** at Caliber Home Loans.

My experience with Caliber was beyond expectations. Ran across the company totally by accident and decided to stay with them for my home loan because they were local. They worked to get me the loan I wanted for the term I wanted. I would recommend them to anyone looking to buy a home.

First rate, upfront and fast in my home refinance. Right down to the thank you balloon sent to my place of employment. Would have been better to get the balloon at home and not work. Great job with the loan and I thank you Steve **. You are to be recommended to friends.

I'm a first time homebuyer and Ronnie ** eased me right into the process! He took the time to explain the entire lending process and set all expectations from the start. He took the time to both meet with me over the phone and in person, to ensure any/all questions I had were answered. It was a great experience and I couldn't rec him or Caliber Homes more!

Caliber made buying my first home a breeze! Great to work with, professional and thorough. Everything was explained well, phone calls and emails were answered promptly, and everything was explained simply. Highly recommend to anyone looking to obtain a new home loan! Thank you Caliber!

Caliber Home Loans Company Profile