2. Mortgages
Accredited Partner

Caliber Home Loans

Caliber Home Loans
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.46/5

Caliber Home Loans offers conventional mortgages, government home loans and refinancing options. The company’s services are available nationwide, and it prioritizes financial education by providing free resources on homebuying and lending on its website. Caliber Home Loans has a minimum credit score requirement of 620 for all applicants.

BOTTOM LINE

Caliber Home Loans is a good choice for homebuyers with a credit score above 620. Its wealth of loan and refinancing options are ideal for buyers interested in putting down less upfront or lowering their monthly payment.

PROS

• Nationwide loan consultants
  • Provides educational resources
  • Offers FHA, USDA and VA home loans

CONS

• Loan rates not available online
  • Minimum credit score of 620

Top Caliber Home Loans Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caliber Home Loans Inc.?

I had a wonderful experience working with Aimee **, she is friendly, thorough and efficient. Being able to upload documents was a breeze. Aimee kept me informed of each process and had accurate timelines. I definitely would recommend her to my friends and family.

David ** was very easy to talk to. He answered all of my questions with patience and clarity. Dave handled everything and made the whole experience of refinancing hassle free. He scheduled a loan processor and a closer to work me.

What is Caliber Home Loans?

Caliber Home Loans is a nationwide lender that offers conventional and government mortgages to interested homebuyers. The company also provides refinancing options for those looking to lower their monthly payment or interest rate. Caliber Home Loans consultants are located across the country to make loan access convenient for customers.

If you’re interested in applying for a home loan with Caliber, visit its website and create an account by entering your name and email address.

Once you’ve created an account, you can begin the loan application process. If you’re unsure of how to proceed or need advice, Caliber Home Loans’ website is full of educational homebuying and loan information for first-time buyers, including an online mortgage calculator, resource center and walkthrough of the homebuying process.

Caliber Home Loan rates

The cost of a Caliber Home Loan varies based on the price of the home, your credit score, your financial status and your employment status. When searching for a mortgage lender, it’s essential to get quotes from several companies to compare rates and choose the right option for you.

The company offers conventional loans and government loans, including FHA and USDA loans. Government loans often let homebuyers put down less money, and they typically have more flexible requirements than conventional loans.

Caliber Home Loans FAQ

Is Caliber Home Loans a bank?
No. Caliber Home Loans is a mortgage originator and servicer, not a bank.
Is Caliber Home Loans a broker?
No, Caliber Home Loans is not a mortgage broker. The company is a direct lender for mortgages.
What time does Caliber Home Loans open?
Typically, Caliber Home Loans’ offices open at 9 a.m., but you can visit Caliber’s website for a complete list of branch hours.
What does Caliber Home Loans do?
Caliber Home Loans is a mortgage lender that also offers refinancing options. The company does not provide other types of loans.

Is Caliber Home Loans legit?

Caliber Home Loans is a reputable home loan originator and servicer. The company provides several online resources for those interested in learning about the homebuying and lending process. Potential homebuyers looking to review their loan options will find Caliber Home Loans’ services to be useful.

Caliber Home Loans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caliber Home Loans?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caliber Home Loans Inc.?

Original review: May 12, 2020

I don’t know where to start! But I give 10 stars to Chris **, Lisa ** for helping me through the process. It was well worth the stress and they kept me motivated through the process of helping me close on my home. I salute them for working as a team to make this a successful home buying experience for me. I couldn’t of been happier and more excited to hear Lisa say, "You are clear to close". That was the happiest day of 2020 for me. Even Holly she was great in helping me and the whole team. I truly thank you from the heart. Claire ** my realtor was awesome. They all worked hard with me and for me and I truly appreciate you all and thank you so so much. May God bless you all!!! Caliber Home Loans is the way to go to get a excellent job done!!!

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

We completed a re-financing with Caliber in late December. We were extremely satisfied with the entire experience but particularly with two aspects. First, we received a preliminary approval within hours of our application, immediately following on-line submission of our proof-of-income (W-2's and 1099R's) documentation.

Second, the entire documentation requirement was amazingly simple encompassing the income forms (not IRS returns), property tax as well as insurance information on our property. Both of these aspects stood in direct contrast to the original financing we did in August of 2015 with SunTrust. Besides the bureaucratic and timely process we then encountered, the extent of required documentation was all-but overwhelming, I am extremely organized and maintain electronic versions of every document that was required which probably totaled were in excess of two dozen items. Caliber was previously our mortgage company on another property and our recent experience was consistent with that financing. In short, we are highly satisfied clients and extremely pleased with our entire re-financing experience with Caliber!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

Were it not for Marco **, our loan officer, I highly doubt that we would have been able to buy the quality home that we did. Less likely would have been the successful refinance of our mortgage that fortunately due to the ability of Marco and his team we were able to get a better interest rate, and significantly reduce our monthly mortgage payment.

I would do business with Caliber again, but I will definitely do business with Mr. ** again. His personal attention and painstaking efforts made it possible for a humble family to rise from the daunting renter’s world and finally have a place to call our own. While I realize there are many working parts to a successful lending organization like Caliber, it’s the loan officer who forges ahead to get things done. Marco ** is a credit to any institution with whom he chooses to affiliate. Kind Regards, Samuel **.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I can not say enough great things about this company and their employee, Wayne **! Being a first time home buyer, I didn't know anything about the process, what was going to happen, or what to expect. Wayne made it so comfortable and non stressful. He was HONEST, and advised me what to expect - step by step from the VERY beginning of the home buying process to the VERY end of the process. Wayne was very patient with me, along with his whole team involved. Wayne and his team advised me what I needed to do and what was their part to get me thru the home buying process. I will be forever grateful! If you want honesty, integrity, and professionalism please go see Wayne at this company!! HUGE thanks to Wayne and his team!!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Good Morning, My husband, Michael and I, had the pleasure of working with Shannon & Tiffany, at the Vero Beach office. We were nervous first time home buyers. Shannon with Caliber was recommended to me by a Realtor. I was hesitant to contact her at first since I was treated badly at the beginning of the year by a different loan officer at a different loan company. I decided to contact Shannon and "pour my heart out" and provide all of our information. Lucky for us, Shannon replied and our adventure began!

Shannon and Tiffany communicated with us on what we needed to provide and also assisted us when we were not sure of how to find certain information. Being Italian and able to talk (and type) a lot, long story short: We were able to place an offer on a home I was in love with since February 2019; the offer went to accepted; then all the in betweens went beautifully; and...we closed on the home, November 14th! It was a journey but one that I would definitely take again as long as we can have our Dynamic Duo! Shannon isn't only beautiful on the outside but also on the inside, from her head to her toes. :) Thank you so much for everything! Merry Christmas!!

Original review: July 31, 2020

This was my 6th home loan in my lifetime and without a doubt the worst. No communication with me and I wound up getting a call from the title company get to our office right now at 10 AM on a Friday while working. I got there with the certified check for the closing and the Title company said I needed 10,000 more. Was never told this or notified by Caliber what was going on. They charge you 25.00 a month to pay your bill online and will not let you make a payment online for the current day always pushing your payment to a future day forcing you to pay even more in interest. Sleazy group to deal with I can't wait to get rid of them. Would never do business with them again.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I have requested my closing paperwork for my loan 2-3 times since my loan was approved. I have talked to c/s and requested my final loan packet but so far I have received nothing. I will need this paperwork if and when I sell my home. Hope this will get to somebody to get this done. My phone # is **.

Original review: July 23, 2020

Worst experience I have ever had with a mortgage lender. I refinance with another company and my loan was sold to Caliber Home Loans. They lost my wire and it was never applied to my loan correctly. It was lost for 50 days until they finally found it and applied it to my loan. The worst part is they took my escrow money and my overpayment of the wire and charged me extra interest on my loan. I was suppose to get a refund but instead they blamed me and the other lender for sending it to the wrong department. I have spent countless hours and time trying to resolve the issue and they keep blaming others for not doing what is right for the customer. I would never recommend Caliber Home Loans to anyone.

They are not honest, as they took my escrow and my overpayment and applied it my loan even though they lost my wire for my mortgage to be paid off in full. One department can't communicate with the other and they seem to not communicate the results as I have been told multiple times it will be resolved. Once you talk with a supervisor you can't even get a call back or a direct email as they don't have one. In 2020, how is it that you can't communicate through a supervisor or any other department with email. They make it so difficult that hopefully they think you will give up. I am very disappointed in their response as I have sent a notice of error regarding my mortgage payment and payoff in full. I am not sure this review will go anywhere but I feel it is my duty to warn other customers of this company and pick a different lender for your mortgage needs.

Original review: July 22, 2020

I have had the most awful experience with Caliber Home Loans. I applied for a simple cash out refinance March 11th, and it still has not closed July 22nd! When I say simple, I am talking less than a 150k with a appraisal waiver, excellent credit and low debt to income ratio. All we were trying to do is take advantage of the record low rates back in March and payoff the solar panels we added to the home. Caliber started out deceitful by not disclosing the rate we were quoted included points. Then they made promises to waive fees, and discount points but never put them in writing. Then they would send out updated disclosures with changes like adding more points with no conversation, just hoping we sign.

I called and emailed multiple times, I left voice mails, I involved management, and still got nowhere. They ran a second hard inquiry into my credit in July without authorization, and yet here we are. No one can tell me why it's taking this long, no one can give me a solid date for closing. No one has any information at all. I keep checking their website for updates and it keeps locking me out! I am so frustrated. I have given up, we are looking into other lenders. Please beware of this company, their shady business practices and lack of communication.

Original review: July 19, 2020

Caliber was excellent to work with. Rick and Robert ** in Seattle make everything a breeze! I have been thru the mortgage and also refinance with them. I would recommend them to all my friends and everyone wanting a great team on their side.

Caliber Home Loans Company Information