Call toll free
4.65/5
Based on 649 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is a privately held, full service national mortgage lender headquartered in Irving, TX.

The company originates loans through various channels and transaction types, and since its inception, grown its mortgage production volume while growing its servicing portfolio to over $75 billion.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2572 Caliber Home Loans Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Denise ** was amazing helping me through the home buying process. She made everything very clear and was available at any time I needed her. She really made me comfortable and helped me through my frustrations as we went along. She and I were able to get everything done in 27 days!

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Caliber Home Loan is the place to be. Great team, great people. Above and beyond, by far the quickest, easiest and stress-free. Very professional, efficient team. Mason is fabulous, extremely helpful, got us the best rates possible!!! Very happy with our experience. Would highly recommend Caliber Home Loan, Inc.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

My wife and I was very please with the way they handle our loan. The process was easy to understand. I would recommend them to all my friends. Nice and friendly, easy to understand. My agent was good at explaining the process.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I had an excellent experience with Caliber Home Loans. Specifically with Michelle ** and her team. As a first time home buyer I was a little overwhelmed and needed some extra handholding. Michelle and her team explained everything thoroughly and were immensely helpful in getting me just the right mortgage loan. I highly recommend them and should I decide to buy again in the future, I will definitely go back to them.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

We worked with Joseph ** and Verenice ** to secure a mortgage for a home purchase. They were both very diligent in keeping us informed and comfortable throughout the entire process. Their instructions and requests were very clear and timely. The whole process took less than 30 days. Amazing!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caliber Home Loans?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Caliber helped finance the purchase of our new house. Kim was very easy to work with, and her team was very responsive when we had questions. We would recommend working with Kim to any of our friends or family should they need a mortgage in the future.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

At Caliber Loans they helped me so much great customer service always available and great communication. Always there for anything any day any time. I had a issue with the first home I wanted to buy and I got all the support I need from my bank and my agents as well. Especially Casey and Ron and Eddie towards the they were very important on this. Thank you very much.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Chris ** and Amanda ** were incredible to work with from start to finish. We met Chris at open house. She and Chris worked together to show us multiple houses, working around our busy work schedules. They answered every question we had about the home buying process, and many questions that we did not even think to ask. They were supportive throughout the offer process and all the way through to closing, then helped us celebrate after we officially were in our new home. Highly recommend them to anyone looking to buy a home in Yakima area.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

We had a very good experience with our first home purchase. David was very patient with us and was always available to answer questions about things I didn't understand. I would recommend Caliber home loans to any veteran who would like to buy in Colorado.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I was extremely satisfied with the service I received from Caliber Loan. My loan officer Jeff **, was very professional and attentive throughout the entire process. His assistant, Kevin ** likewise was very professional and attentive. They kept me informed on each step of the lengthy process. If I had any questions, they were quick to respond and provide a satisfactory answer to my inquires. I got the impression they were genuinely concerned about my interests and they were able to secure the loan in a reasonable time frame as required by the home builder we used. I have nothing but praise for Jeff ** and Kelvin ** of Caliber Loans.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Renato and his team were great to work with and I would recommend them to anyone! They went above and beyond! They answered any and all questions we had and always got back to us in a quick manner. Amazing experience!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I think it's ridiculous that you charge a fee for me to make my payment online. Never in my life have I had to pay to make a mortgage payment online. Shame on you, Caliber! I would think you would want to make it easy on your customers, but evidently not.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Great company that goes above and beyond to help you get approved! Very thorough and timely with all the paperwork! Highly recommend! Barbara is sure to keep open communication and always is available for any questions or concerns! Her team is an A+ loan company!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Ben and the team were super helpful and patient with me throughout the entire home buying process, especially considering this was my first time ever buying a house. I've worked with another company before, but ultimately put off the process for a year because I was so intimidated. I would definitely recommend them to anyone I know looking to buy a home. Thanks for making me a homeowner!!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Scott handled our mortgage and everything was great. Any information we wanted was provided. Our concerns were taken seriously and we were reassured throughout the entire process. I would definitely recommend Caliber Home Loans to someone looking for a new house.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

This is a loan for the purchase of a house at **. All promises were fulfilled exactly as scheduled. The coordination between the loan team, headed by Ms Rebecca ** with Ms. Carolyn **, Nicole **, and cash as the title team is exemplary.

Caliber Home Loans response

Thank you, Daniel!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Rich ** and associates at Caliber were really helpful both when we originated our loan and when we refinanced. It seemed like they were actually looking out for my best interests. I highly recommend the folks at Caliber Home Loans!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

So far, my experience with Caliber has been excellent. Personal attention to details, in particular by Carlos **, has been highly comfortable and very professional, as well as with the insurance agent and the law office who made the closing.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Excellent team. Very knowledgeable in the business and able to help me buy a home in a timely manner. No matter your situation they are able to explain clearly what you need to obtain a mortgage that is tailored to your specific needs. I recommend this team to anyone who seriously want to buy a house and close smoothly. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I enjoyed working with Tony and his team. I would definitely use them for future transactions! They went above and beyond from beginning to end and even after! Tony was sincere with every call and email. He treated me like family!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Everyone at Caliber went above and beyond communicating and explaining the whole process to me. This was my first home purchase and they made me feel comfortable with the largest financial decision of my life to date. They answered all my questions and spent as much time as I needed on the phone making sure I was complete understanding the process. Since closing and moving in they have continued to stay in touch.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I had a great experience with Caliber Home Loans. I also LOVE that they continue to service your loan and dont sell it off like many other mortgage companies. Steve ** walked me through the entire process and his loan processor was also great. Very competitive rates and fees! Give them a try!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

My husband and I recently went through Caliber for our new home loan. The ease we had with signing documents through e-mail and calling or texting our lender... I don't think we could have asked for anything more. We always received top-notch service from our mortgage lender Charity ** and her staff. I will recommend all my friends and family who are considering purchasing a home, to reach out to Caliber first!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Richard ** and Cindy ** were a pleasure to deal with. They made the process very smooth and easy and I would definitely use Caliber Home Loans again if the need arose. I've already recommended Caliber to a friend who is also buying a house in Delaware.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Vahe ** was an amazing loan officer. He was very knowledgeable, precise, respectful and responsible. He was able to approve our loan within a week. He had great customer service and was prompt. He was available at all times to assist if we needed him. He was a pleasure to work with and definitely will recommend him to family and friends. And hope we will be able to work with him again in the future. He is an asset to Caliber Home loans. The company is lucky to have such dedicated and talented employee.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I'd not heard of Caliber Home Loans before but mostly because I don't house shop very often. Everything was explained interest detail and the revolving communication door was working perfectly. I'm very happy with the outcome and continued information emails.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Was very pleased with the service I received from the Caliber during the recent purchase of our home. The loan staff I dealt with were courteous and professional at all times and made me feel that they were watching out for my best interests throughout the process.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I worked with Tammy ** for my mortgage loan and she was extremely helpful in guiding me through my home buying process. She was always responsive to any questions that I had related to my mortgage loan. Additionally, she sat down with me at the closing table and helped address any lingering concerns. I would highly recommend anyone in the northern VA area to have Tammy work on their mortgage loan.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Could not be happier with our experience using Caliber Home Loans. Philip was prompt and made sure all of our documents were in on time and guided us smoothly through the process. Highly recommend him to anyone looking into loan options.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Jon ** and his team were amazing and I could not be happier with the experience. As a first time home buyer, they made the whole process extremely easy and I always felt like I could reach out to them if I had questions or concerns. They were very personable and walked me through each step, who each person on the team was, and how they'd be assisting me throughout the process. I would absolutely recommend them and will definitely use them again in the future.

Caliber Home Loans expert review by Michele Lerner

This mortgage company was founded with a merger from Caliber Funding and Vericrest Financial. They offer consumers assistance with home loans, home buying and refinancing.

• National support: This company has branches across the United States, so you can get help with your home loan from a local loan consultant who understands the market in your state.

• Range of loan products: They provide a range of loan products available for their customers, including FHA loans, veteran loans, conventional loans and more.

• Resources for homebuyers: This company offers step-by-step guides to help you navigate the processes of prequalifying, financing, paying for insurance and understanding closing costs.

• Send away for more information: Submit a short form on the website to receive free information on their mortgage programs to help you make a decision about buying or refinancing your home.

• Quick and upfront mortgage approvals: Consumers get quick and upfront mortgage approvals, so you will know shortly after applying for a loan whether or not you qualify.

• Fresh Start: The Fresh Start program is designed to help homeowners who have previously experienced a foreclosure, bankruptcy or any other credit setback to get a home loan ranging from $150,000 to $1 million.

• Best for: homebuyers and home builders.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner

Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Caliber Home Loans Company Information

3701 Regent Boulevard
Irving
TX
www.caliberhomeloans.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business