2. Mortgages

4.8/5 (275 ratings)

About Caliber Home Loans

Caliber Home Loans offers conventional mortgages, government home loans and refinancing options. The company’s services are available nationwide, and it prioritizes financial education by providing free resources on homebuying and lending on its website. Caliber Home Loans has a minimum credit score requirement of 620 for all applicants.

Pros

• Nationwide loan consultants
  • Provides educational resources
  • Offers FHA, USDA and VA home loans

Cons

• Loan rates not available online
  • Minimum credit score of 620

Bottom Line

Caliber Home Loans is a good choice for homebuyers with a credit score above 620. Its wealth of loan and refinancing options are ideal for buyers interested in putting down less upfront or lowering their monthly payment.

Top Caliber Home Loans Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caliber Home Loans Inc.?

Verified

I had a wonderful experience working with Aimee **, she is friendly, thorough and efficient. Being able to upload documents was a breeze. Aimee kept me informed of each process an...

Verified

David ** was very easy to talk to. He answered all of my questions with patience and clarity. Dave handled everything and made the whole experience of refinancing hassle free. He ...

What is Caliber Home Loans?

Caliber Home Loans is a nationwide lender that offers conventional and government mortgages to interested homebuyers. The company also provides refinancing options for those looking to lower their monthly payment or interest rate. Caliber Home Loans consultants are located across the country to make loan access convenient for customers.

If you’re interested in applying for a home loan with Caliber, visit its website and create an account by entering your name and email address.

Once you’ve created an account, you can begin the loan application process. If you’re unsure of how to proceed or need advice, Caliber Home Loans’ website is full of educational homebuying and loan information for first-time buyers, including an online mortgage calculator, resource center and walkthrough of the homebuying process.

Caliber Home Loan rates

The cost of a Caliber Home Loan varies based on the price of the home, your credit score, your financial status and your employment status. When searching for a mortgage lender, it’s essential to get quotes from several companies to compare rates and choose the right option for you.

The company offers conventional loans and government loans, including FHA and USDA loans. Government loans often let homebuyers put down less money, and they typically have more flexible requirements than conventional loans.

Caliber Home Loans FAQ

Is Caliber Home Loans a bank?
No. Caliber Home Loans is a mortgage originator and servicer, not a bank.
Is Caliber Home Loans a broker?
No, Caliber Home Loans is not a mortgage broker. The company is a direct lender for mortgages.
What time does Caliber Home Loans open?
Typically, Caliber Home Loans’ offices open at 9 a.m., but you can visit Caliber’s website for a complete list of branch hours.
What does Caliber Home Loans do?
Caliber Home Loans is a mortgage lender that also offers refinancing options. The company does not provide other types of loans.

Is Caliber Home Loans legit?

Caliber Home Loans is a reputable home loan originator and servicer. The company provides several online resources for those interested in learning about the homebuying and lending process. Potential homebuyers looking to review their loan options will find Caliber Home Loans’ services to be useful.

Caliber Home Loans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caliber Home Loans?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caliber Home Loans Inc.?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

From the moment we first spoke with Jon and his team, I knew we were in good hands. Jon went above and beyond, from counseling my husband and I on our options and suggestions to help improve our financial positioning, down to working hand-in-hand with my realtor on options when the unthinkable happened and I got COVID days before our closing date. Even with that unpredicted bump in the road, everything went smoothly and perfectly and I always felt informed, empowered, and that I had the right team in my corner. Jon must also be really good at hiring people because his team is phenomenal. Kind, quick to respond, and made the entire process as easy as it can be. I honestly can’t say enough good things about Caliber. I am definitely a customer for life.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

For the most part we were mostly happy with the loan process. Our agent, Tom ** was great and went way above and beyond to try to make everything happen as quickly and efficiently as possible. Other staff we worked with were equally helpful too. There were several issues mostly related to the individual that came to appraise the home which could have been avoided had he asked us for information or details when he was here. Instead he submitted information that required follow-up and additional efforts to clarify those details which presented us with major angst and concern that this loan would be either delayed or possibly not completed. We had worked with Tom on several previous refinances of this property and did not have any of these issues or concerns during those processes. We are both thankful that Tom and the staff he worked with were able to assist us in getting through all these issues and completing the loan process.

Original review: June 18, 2021

Gina Gina Gina! This woman is a Godsend. My schedule is crazy with meetings all day. My wife was able to get all the information needed from Gina and her team whenever needed and relay back to me what needed to be done. She is so personable and adaptable to each person. She made it feel as if we were family and she was helping us through the process. Never was anything ever said that didn’t happen and never had to manage expectations. She needs a raise, office upgrade, something needs to be done to show appreciation for this woman because even through COVID she was there. Honestly if it wasn’t her I would have left and took my business elsewhere because I frankly don’t have the time and don’t want to deal with some robot or salesperson.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

We are super happy with Caliber Home Loans.... They practically held our hands all the way through the process, with ensigning that had to be done... Gentle reminders, if we got busy and missed the first notice... Any, and I do mean any questions we might have had, were practically answered before asking. Suggestions of what to do, and most definitely, what not to do during the process of buying our home.... So thankful for this, because of it being a first time, we would have unintentionally made some mistakes that might not have been reversed. They are kind, courteous and extremely helpful in any way possible, or needed. They set us up with an app to keep track of the value of our home since buying it, and it has been exciting to read it! I would highly recommend them to anyone!!!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

Caliber Home Loans has been a mostly a wonderful experience. My loan consultant has been very helpful and prompt. The whole process seemed streamlined and made being a first time home buying a very pleasant experience. I still gave them five stars but there is some concerns with their customer service phone line and supposed online bill pay. When you call by phone it’s nearly impossible to find a menu option that will allow you to talk to an actual human if you have questions. Once I found this option and selected it, I was hung up on twice while on hold.

As far as bill pay over the phone that was straight forward and a quick process. Their website and app is useless when it comes to bill pay. I’ve followed every link they have to try to set up online bill pay through each transactions but when I log into my account it only shows that my loan process was completed with no option to look at statements or make payments. It’s rather frustrating to say the least. But again overall I am very pleased and still gave 5 stars because I was still able to pay my bills just not the way I would have preferred to do it. I could be doing it wrong, I’m only human after all.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Debbie is truly AMAZING! One of the nicest people I have worked with in a long time. I received excellent service. She was professional, accurate and available anytime I needed her. Her work ethic is so impressive that even my realtor wants to work with her again! Most importantly she made me feel like someone cared, JOB WELL DONE!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

My wife and I purchased our new home through Caliber Home Loans in 2017 then refinanced in 2021. Tim ** made the home buying process clear, concise, and smooth, and our home loan was funded fast with no problems or delays as was our refi. Everyone we dealt with was knowledgeable, courteous, and helpful. We highly recommend Caliber Home Loans for your home buying/refinance needs.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Our experience with Caliber Home Loans was the best mortgage experience that we've ever had. They were extremely helpful, detailed and responsive. Everything they said was accurate and they did not promise anything that they could not deliver. We would definitely use Caliber again.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I have the best first time home buying experience. I could not have imagined working with anyone but this team. I was able to ask as many questions as I could and they had the answer/solution to everything. They were so professional especially Jaimie **, she was the best! It was like working with a big family. I would recommend them to anyone and work with them in the future.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I worked with Jimmy **'s crew and had an excellent experience. They were knowledgeable and helped me select the right loan. They were very fast and efficient. I found working with this crew fantastic, in fact, I refi'd a second loan.

Caliber Home Loans Company Information