2. Mortgages
Accredited Partner

Caliber Home Loans

Caliber Home Loans
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.48/5

Caliber Home Loans offers conventional mortgages, government home loans and refinancing options. The company’s services are available nationwide, and it prioritizes financial education by providing free resources on homebuying and lending on its website. Caliber Home Loans has a minimum credit score requirement of 620 for all applicants.

BOTTOM LINE

Caliber Home Loans is a good choice for homebuyers with a credit score above 620. Its wealth of loan and refinancing options are ideal for buyers interested in putting down less upfront or lowering their monthly payment.

PROS

• Nationwide loan consultants
  • Provides educational resources
  • Offers FHA, USDA and VA home loans

CONS

• Loan rates not available online
  • Minimum credit score of 620

Top Caliber Home Loans Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caliber Home Loans Inc.?

I had a wonderful experience working with Aimee **, she is friendly, thorough and efficient. Being able to upload documents was a breeze. Aimee kept me informed of each process and had accurate timelines. I definitely would recommend her to my friends and family.

David ** was very easy to talk to. He answered all of my questions with patience and clarity. Dave handled everything and made the whole experience of refinancing hassle free. He scheduled a loan processor and a closer to work me.

What is Caliber Home Loans?

Caliber Home Loans is a nationwide lender that offers conventional and government mortgages to interested homebuyers. The company also provides refinancing options for those looking to lower their monthly payment or interest rate. Caliber Home Loans consultants are located across the country to make loan access convenient for customers.

If you’re interested in applying for a home loan with Caliber, visit its website and create an account by entering your name and email address.

Once you’ve created an account, you can begin the loan application process. If you’re unsure of how to proceed or need advice, Caliber Home Loans’ website is full of educational homebuying and loan information for first-time buyers, including an online mortgage calculator, resource center and walkthrough of the homebuying process.

Caliber Home Loan rates

The cost of a Caliber Home Loan varies based on the price of the home, your credit score, your financial status and your employment status. When searching for a mortgage lender, it’s essential to get quotes from several companies to compare rates and choose the right option for you.

The company offers conventional loans and government loans, including FHA and USDA loans. Government loans often let homebuyers put down less money, and they typically have more flexible requirements than conventional loans.

Caliber Home Loans FAQ

Is Caliber Home Loans a bank?
No. Caliber Home Loans is a mortgage originator and servicer, not a bank.
Is Caliber Home Loans a broker?
No, Caliber Home Loans is not a mortgage broker. The company is a direct lender for mortgages.
What time does Caliber Home Loans open?
Typically, Caliber Home Loans’ offices open at 9 a.m., but you can visit Caliber’s website for a complete list of branch hours.
What does Caliber Home Loans do?
Caliber Home Loans is a mortgage lender that also offers refinancing options. The company does not provide other types of loans.

Is Caliber Home Loans legit?

Caliber Home Loans is a reputable home loan originator and servicer. The company provides several online resources for those interested in learning about the homebuying and lending process. Potential homebuyers looking to review their loan options will find Caliber Home Loans’ services to be useful.

Caliber Home Loans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caliber Home Loans?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caliber Home Loans Inc.?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I have a friend who recently purchased a home and their negative experience really opened my eyes to how much of a difference your mortgage company and broker can make. Eric ** and his team at Caliber are AMAZING to work with. I just finished a refinance on my first home and it was so refreshing to be able to work with the same person who talked me through buying it the first time. They are knowledgeable, responsive, and really will help you find the best solution for your circumstances.

Caliber has a great website and makes it easy to make monthly payments and understand where your money is going. They send out tax documentation in a timely manner, and you are able to look that information up on their website in case you misplace the hard copy. When I had questions about my impound account and whether I needed to pay my property taxes, I texted Eric and he called me immediately to give me the information I needed. For anyone considering financing or refinancing a home, look no further than Caliber!

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

My experience with Caliber Home Loans was always absolutely perfect! I received the original loan through Caliber, and recently easily conducted the loan refinance to take advantage of the new lower rates. Both processes were absolutely straight-forward and came through early without a single glitch. I especially appreciated how my Caliber agency conducted weekly status calls to let me know how the original loan process was going. I have heard nightmare stories from friends regarding their home loan process with some other lender. None of that happened to me! Everything went smoothly and the home purchase went through exactly as planned. WOW!

My Caliber loan officer informed me of loan options I had never heard of (Lender Provided PMI), which allowed me to get into my house with lower money down. If I had only known that was a possibility I would have purchased a home much earlier and not paid rent those extra years. I highly recommend Caliber Home loans to all my friends looking to buy a home.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

My realtor had me get in touch with Caliber Home Loans to see if I qualified for a loan. There was a little work for me to do before I could get a loan so the team at Caliber gave me helpful suggestions to get me where I needed to be. Once I followed through they promptly let me know I had done it! That I was now pre-approved!

I thought it would take forever to find a home, but honestly the first one I looked at was perfect! The next day my offer was accepted! All the way through the home buying process the team at Caliber was there for me. I’m older, this is the first home I have even ever thought about purchasing and I was doing it all alone. Caliber and my realtor were there, I was never alone. They answered questions at any hour (no later than 9, that would just be rude for me to ask that late ????). If I ever were to buy another home I would go through Caliber again and I definitely will suggest Caliber to anyone I know interested in buying a home.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

We completed a re-financing with Caliber in late December. We were extremely satisfied with the entire experience but particularly with two aspects. First, we received a preliminary approval within hours of our application, immediately following on-line submission of our proof-of-income (W-2's and 1099R's) documentation.

Second, the entire documentation requirement was amazingly simple encompassing the income forms (not IRS returns), property tax as well as insurance information on our property. Both of these aspects stood in direct contrast to the original financing we did in August of 2015 with SunTrust. Besides the bureaucratic and timely process we then encountered, the extent of required documentation was all-but overwhelming, I am extremely organized and maintain electronic versions of every document that was required which probably totaled were in excess of two dozen items. Caliber was previously our mortgage company on another property and our recent experience was consistent with that financing. In short, we are highly satisfied clients and extremely pleased with our entire re-financing experience with Caliber!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Good Morning, My husband, Michael and I, had the pleasure of working with Shannon & Tiffany, at the Vero Beach office. We were nervous first time home buyers. Shannon with Caliber was recommended to me by a Realtor. I was hesitant to contact her at first since I was treated badly at the beginning of the year by a different loan officer at a different loan company. I decided to contact Shannon and "pour my heart out" and provide all of our information. Lucky for us, Shannon replied and our adventure began!

Shannon and Tiffany communicated with us on what we needed to provide and also assisted us when we were not sure of how to find certain information. Being Italian and able to talk (and type) a lot, long story short: We were able to place an offer on a home I was in love with since February 2019; the offer went to accepted; then all the in betweens went beautifully; and...we closed on the home, November 14th! It was a journey but one that I would definitely take again as long as we can have our Dynamic Duo! Shannon isn't only beautiful on the outside but also on the inside, from her head to her toes. :) Thank you so much for everything! Merry Christmas!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

Working with Caliber on our refi makes it easy to highly recommend them. They are professional, informative, responsive, and easy to work with from initial contact to completion. They even anticipated our needs. We highly recommend them for any home loan needs!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

Experience with mortgage broker was impeccable but the back office was horrendous. I was provided with inaccurate information as well as requesting for redundant information multiple times. This is my fourth loan with Caliber and process on the backend is slipping BIG time. I am available to discuss further in detail if interested.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

Things were very easy and smooth. Good communication with my Caliber reps. The document submission and document review and approval process was really easy. I do not have any complaints and would recommend using them to a friend or family member.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I didn’t think homeownership was a possibility for our family. However, Caliber made it possible. There were minor hiccups when the individual I started the process was no longer there. But overall we were happy with the services and professionalism. Definitely would recommend this lender.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

During this challenging time, John and his team made our decision to Re-Fi understandable and relaxing. We felt heard, and we trusted John on this action. Caliber has been a dependable company for our mortgage needs and we will be staying with them for the foreseeable future. Our biggest feedback is to synchronize the digital products--apps, etc.--at Caliber to ensure they're somewhat more user-friendly. Otherwise, a solid company.

Caliber Home Loans Company Information