2. Mortgages

Caliber Home Loans

Caliber Home Loans
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.62/5

Caliber Home Loans offers conventional mortgages, government home loans and refinancing options. The company’s services are available nationwide, and it prioritizes financial education by providing free resources on homebuying and lending on its website. Caliber Home Loans has a minimum credit score requirement of 620 for all applicants.

BOTTOM LINE

Caliber Home Loans is a good choice for homebuyers with a credit score above 620. Its wealth of loan and refinancing options are ideal for buyers interested in putting down less upfront or lowering their monthly payment.

PROS
  • Nationwide loan consultants
  • Provides educational resources
  • Offers FHA, USDA and VA home loans
CONS
  • Loan rates not available online
  • Minimum credit score of 620

Top Caliber Home Loans Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caliber Home Loans Inc.?

I had a wonderful experience working with Aimee **, she is friendly, thorough and efficient. Being able to upload documents was a breeze. Aimee kept me informed of each process and had accurate timelines. I definitely would recommend her to my friends and family.

David ** was very easy to talk to. He answered all of my questions with patience and clarity. Dave handled everything and made the whole experience of refinancing hassle free. He scheduled a loan processor and a closer to work me.

What is Caliber Home Loans?

Caliber Home Loans is a nationwide lender that offers conventional and government mortgages to interested homebuyers. The company also provides refinancing options for those looking to lower their monthly payment or interest rate. Caliber Home Loans consultants are located across the country to make loan access convenient for customers.

If you’re interested in applying for a home loan with Caliber, visit its website and create an account by entering your name and email address.

Once you’ve created an account, you can begin the loan application process. If you’re unsure of how to proceed or need advice, Caliber Home Loans’ website is full of educational homebuying and loan information for first-time buyers, including an online mortgage calculator, resource center and walkthrough of the homebuying process.

Caliber Home Loan rates

The cost of a Caliber Home Loan varies based on the price of the home, your credit score, your financial status and your employment status. When searching for a mortgage lender, it’s essential to get quotes from several companies to compare rates and choose the right option for you.

The company offers conventional loans and government loans, including FHA and USDA loans. Government loans often let homebuyers put down less money, and they typically have more flexible requirements than conventional loans.

Caliber Home Loans FAQ

Is Caliber Home Loans a bank?
No. Caliber Home Loans is a mortgage originator and servicer, not a bank.
Is Caliber Home Loans a broker?
No, Caliber Home Loans is not a mortgage broker. The company is a direct lender for mortgages.
What time does Caliber Home Loans open?
Typically, Caliber Home Loans’ offices open at 9 a.m., but you can visit Caliber’s website for a complete list of branch hours.
What does Caliber Home Loans do?
Caliber Home Loans is a mortgage lender that also offers refinancing options. The company does not provide other types of loans.

Is Caliber Home Loans legit?

Caliber Home Loans is a reputable home loan originator and servicer. The company provides several online resources for those interested in learning about the homebuying and lending process. Potential homebuyers looking to review their loan options will find Caliber Home Loans’ services to be useful.

Caliber Home Loans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caliber Home Loans?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caliber Home Loans Inc.?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

Caliber Home Loans has been a mostly a wonderful experience. My loan consultant has been very helpful and prompt. The whole process seemed streamlined and made being a first time home buying a very pleasant experience. I still gave them five stars but there is some concerns with their customer service phone line and supposed online bill pay. When you call by phone it’s nearly impossible to find a menu option that will allow you to talk to an actual human if you have questions. Once I found this option and selected it, I was hung up on twice while on hold.

As far as bill pay over the phone that was straight forward and a quick process. Their website and app is useless when it comes to bill pay. I’ve followed every link they have to try to set up online bill pay through each transactions but when I log into my account it only shows that my loan process was completed with no option to look at statements or make payments. It’s rather frustrating to say the least. But again overall I am very pleased and still gave 5 stars because I was still able to pay my bills just not the way I would have preferred to do it. I could be doing it wrong, I’m only human after all.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I have a friend who recently purchased a home and their negative experience really opened my eyes to how much of a difference your mortgage company and broker can make. Eric ** and his team at Caliber are AMAZING to work with. I just finished a refinance on my first home and it was so refreshing to be able to work with the same person who talked me through buying it the first time. They are knowledgeable, responsive, and really will help you find the best solution for your circumstances.

Caliber has a great website and makes it easy to make monthly payments and understand where your money is going. They send out tax documentation in a timely manner, and you are able to look that information up on their website in case you misplace the hard copy. When I had questions about my impound account and whether I needed to pay my property taxes, I texted Eric and he called me immediately to give me the information I needed. For anyone considering financing or refinancing a home, look no further than Caliber!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

My experience with Caliber Home Loans was always absolutely perfect! I received the original loan through Caliber, and recently easily conducted the loan refinance to take advantage of the new lower rates. Both processes were absolutely straight-forward and came through early without a single glitch. I especially appreciated how my Caliber agency conducted weekly status calls to let me know how the original loan process was going. I have heard nightmare stories from friends regarding their home loan process with some other lender. None of that happened to me! Everything went smoothly and the home purchase went through exactly as planned. WOW!

My Caliber loan officer informed me of loan options I had never heard of (Lender Provided PMI), which allowed me to get into my house with lower money down. If I had only known that was a possibility I would have purchased a home much earlier and not paid rent those extra years. I highly recommend Caliber Home loans to all my friends looking to buy a home.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

My realtor had me get in touch with Caliber Home Loans to see if I qualified for a loan. There was a little work for me to do before I could get a loan so the team at Caliber gave me helpful suggestions to get me where I needed to be. Once I followed through they promptly let me know I had done it! That I was now pre-approved!

I thought it would take forever to find a home, but honestly the first one I looked at was perfect! The next day my offer was accepted! All the way through the home buying process the team at Caliber was there for me. I’m older, this is the first home I have even ever thought about purchasing and I was doing it all alone. Caliber and my realtor were there, I was never alone. They answered questions at any hour (no later than 9, that would just be rude for me to ask that late ????). If I ever were to buy another home I would go through Caliber again and I definitely will suggest Caliber to anyone I know interested in buying a home.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

Gleyde with Caliber Home Loans and her team were phenomenal! She was always very professional and informative. Her knowledge of the process and genuine passion for her job were evident, and made for a very pleasant and reassuring experience. We even had some hiccups with our VA appraisal, but Gleyde ensured it would not hinder our loan processing. She went to bat for us and it resulted in us receiving a substantial amount of lender credits at closing!

Let me be clear - the "hiccups" were due to the negligence of an outside party... Nonetheless, Gleyde went out of her way to (successfully) make right their wrong! She did not have to do this, but her genuine concern for our family and pride in her profession drove her to push for a favorable resolution. Gleyde and her team are an amazing group of knowledgeable professionals. I rate them at 10 out of 5 stars!! Highly recommend!!!

Original review: May 1, 2021

This was first encounter with Caliber Homes, every single person that I worked with was so nice, and friendly. I was very impressed on how they conducted themselves with us, any questions we had or anything that we didn't understand they took the time to explain or walk me through the issue. Kevin and Mitch were so helpful, I wish to thank them and the Caliber Team for everything they did.

Original review: May 1, 2021

I highly recommend Caliber Home Loans. They are friendly, efficient and effective. The continually communication was helpful and comforting. I am very pleased with their process. I would encourage anyone looking to purchase or refinance a home to use Caliber Home Loans.

Original review: May 1, 2021

Lisa has been very responsive to any questions I have had throughout the entire process. Caliber Homes has been an awesome company to have my home loan through. The one thing that meant the most to me is that they never sold off my loan to someone else.

Original review: May 1, 2021

I started a refinance process with another bank in Sep 2020 only to be denied in Feb 2021. I was so upset, almost a 6 month process and no refi. A friend referred me to Caliber and it was a night/day experience. David & Kyle told me it was going to be ok and they would see what they could do. They came through with a refi in a little over a month. I am a happy customer and will go to them first on my next property.

Original review: May 1, 2021

Extremely helpful, fair. Willing to walk you thru every step. Great experience every time. I can count on them to keep an eye on what works best for me. If something isn't right, they offer an alternative. I would work with them again and again. I'm a very happy customer. Excellent service! Excellent Excellent Excellent.

Caliber Home Loans Company Information