Call toll free
4.67/5
Based on 707 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is a privately held, full service national mortgage lender headquartered in Irving, TX.

The company originates loans through various channels and transaction types, and since its inception, grown its mortgage production volume while growing its servicing portfolio to over $75 billion.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2488 Caliber Home Loans Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 19, 2018

I have never had a more positive experience than I did with Caliber Home Loans. I was taken step by step through the process. If I didn't understand or thought I was finished with something, Caliber sent out reminders and would call to make sure everything was smooth sailing, and it was! People don't move every day. In my case it had been twenty-two years! A lot has changed but Caliber didn't miss a beat to make sure I stayed on schedule for my closing. It was nice to work with Caliber (Mr. **) a company that puts the person first before the sale! Thank you so very much.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 13, 2018

My experience with getting several investments loans has been fantastic. Great Rates, service and always a kind voice. I will definitely refer them to friends and family and use them whenever I need another loan. Caliber Rocks! Plus they have a great App.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I was very satisfied with Rosa and her assistant in every step. They were both available and very helpful when it can to answering all questions. This was a big step for me and I felt nervous many times. Fortunately they were able to guide me step by step. And with their help I was able to purchase my first home. I would definitely recommend Caliber (Rosa **)!

Original review: June 11, 2018

Our team from Caliber was simply the best. Reliable, responsive, honest, friendly-you couldn't ask for more! Answered all our questions quickly and made the process as smooth as possible. We were able to trust them 100%. Would recommend to anyone without hesitation. Thank you Caliber Team!

Original review: June 11, 2018

Jon ** at Caliber really stood out among the mortgage providers I was considering. He was willing to meet me to discuss my goals even before he knew I was truly serious about buying a home, something distinctly different from other lenders I considered. From beginning to end, this was a premium experience with a team that really took care of me. I was never burdened with bureaucracy; Jon shielded me from that. He helped me find a loan product that worked for me, even though I had a special situation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caliber Home Loans?

Original review: June 11, 2018

Tito did an amazing job!! Thank you for taking the time to answer and explain every detail of my first time home buyer experience!! I will for sure recommend anyone looking to get a mortgage in the future, including myself!!

Original review: June 8, 2018

My experience with Caliber was great. Jared was with us every step of the way to our dream home. We weren't sure we would be able to buy a home, but he helped make it possible and affordable. Anytime we had a question, he was there with an answer.

Original review: June 8, 2018

This was a great overall experience as Caliber is my existing mortgage company and I looked into getting a refi. The initial call was great and proceeded on to refi. The reps were all very knowledgeable and great to work with. The entire process including the closing company were great. I was very happy with the service I got from Vanessa ** and team. It happened sooner than expected and was a pleasure to work with. I will stick with Caliber for the life of my mortgage and recommend them to my friends.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Jennifer was outstanding. She was there for me every step of the way! An educator, encourager and advisor. She worked diligently to ensure my first home buying experience went as smoothly as possible. Thorough, caring and honest. I can’t thank her enough for being a part of this journey and helping to make it all possible. I plan to use her for every loan/home purchase moving forward, and happily refer her to every one person I know! Thank you so much Jennifer!!!

Original review: June 7, 2018

This morning I called the customer service with regards to my recent account transaction. Unfortunately, the aforementioned madam appeared very unfriendly, impolitely and impatiently, trying to hang up the phone even before giving me the fax number which I need. When I requested to address my concerns to her supervisor, she seemed to be much worse, and finally hanged up the phone without any notice, let alone any courtesy. I feel ashamed to meet such a Customer Service Representative working with a national-wide well-known company: Caliber Home Loans!

Original review: June 7, 2018

I am very pleased with my refinancing experience with Bill **. He answered all my questions and made sure I was comfortable with everything. Communication was great and things went very smooth. Thank you very much.

Original review: June 7, 2018

They were very thorough and timely. Always answered my questions any time of the day. I would highly recommend them to my friends. From beginning to end they strived to to do their very best. I would like to take this time to thank the whole Caliber Home Loans team.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Absolutely loved my loan agent Debbie **. She went above and beyond to help us get what we needed, and keep us calm through it all. Not a huge fan of the underwriters lol... that part was very stressful. I would recommend Debbie and Caliber.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Pleasant and easy. Everyone was very accommodation, understanding and helpful with any and all questions and confusions I had as a first time home buyer. Very smooth process. Rocco really went above and beyond to help us achieve this awesome milestone in our family's lives!

Original review: June 6, 2018

Happy with experience, some of it was very good, some of it was like a roller coaster. If I could have only dealt with Karoline, I would have been a very happy camper. FYI - The time frame was excellent.

Original review: June 6, 2018

My husband and I are going through a hardship so we reached out to Caliber to get a modification done on our mortgage. We sent all the paperwork in several times and then we get a letter that they need more paperwork to finish. I called in on 6/4/2018 to make sure that I was reading the letter right before I sent the paperwork. I told them we did not have the extra money to spend to get the paperwork from our bank nor to go out and buy more ink for the printer which was used up the first time sending paperwork after paperwork to them. The lady stated that they needed it to go through the process of getting the modification. So on 6/4/2018 that evening we went and spent $105.00 to get everything we needed from the banks, work, and the ink even though we didn't have it to spend.

So I called back in on 6/5/2018 to make sure everything was in order and the lady I spoke to told me we had been lied to and that we had to be in the home for a year before they could help us. I also talked to Tom ID# **. This was never told to us from the start. I got so upset and they had me crying because we had no food in the house and could of used the money to put food on our table and get personal items for our home. I cannot believe the way we have been treated. I have been downright disrespected by their customer service. Why would they do this when they know we are going through a hardship with the house we just bought.

The house was completely stripped, cooking oil all over the walls and cabinets, windows broke, water filtration system blew, they cut the pipes under the house, cut the pipe to the gas fireplace and that is just half of the damage that was done by the people selling it through a realtor. We have maxed all our credit cards to make this a home and now they tell us this bad news when they should of disclosed this in the beginning and we could of saved our money and put food on our table.

This has indeed broke our hearts and has left us broke and they do not care one bit. I thought I was with a good mortgage company but I guess I was very wrong. For the lies they have told I want our $105.00 back that we spent to get them their paperwork, ink, and gas that was wasted and they didn't need in the beginning and for wasting our time. We have done without many of times for them so they would help us now it is just a letdown and lies. If they could not of helped us why didn't they tell us in the beginning instead of misleading us and dragging this out since April 2018.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I loved working with Jane ** at Caliber Home Loans. She's professional, knowledgeable and it's evident that she truly cares about her customers. I've already recommended Caliber to several people that are shopping for a home loan. I've had experiences with several other mortgage providers in the Peoria area and their customer service doesn't compare to Caliber.

Original review: June 6, 2018

My loan officer took her time in dealing with my loan. If she was dealing with other loans it actually never felt like she did. I felt like I was her only customer and the focus was on my loan only. It felt like everyone helped each other out to make sure my loan gets approved. I appreciate everyone that took care of my loan.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Sam ** is the greatest agent to work with. He provides all the information that you need, he answers all of your questions, and best of all he is honest with you. There is nothing that beats honesty, and honesty describes Sam.

Original review: June 6, 2018

The support was great. Professional services with all questions answered and a lot of good advise regarding other things to take into consideration. Highly recommend them if you are looking to finance your home. We were presented with a several options. The support did not end with closing date.

Original review: June 6, 2018

The staff at Caliber were very efficient and speedy. For a small business, they have a great range of loan and down payment options. I could have closed in 3 weeks if needed but I am more than okay to have closed in 29 days???

Original review: June 6, 2018

Everyone I worked with are very knowledgeable and professional. I cannot say enough how fast and efficient they did their part to complete and make this loan a smooth sail. I would recommend Caliber to anyone who is looking for a home loan and professional service.

Original review: June 6, 2018

We had a great experience, I would highly recommend Dimitri & Wanda to my friends. Dimitri is knowledgeable, Wanda is patient and kind. They will be taking care of all of our mortgage needs in the future. We are very happy with Caliber Home Loans.

Original review: June 6, 2018

My experience with Caliber was absolutely amazing! Quick and painless, they made things happen with lightning speed. Fantastic customer service. Frank actually listened and was extremely helpful. I would never use another mortgage broker other than Caliber. Keep up the awesome work!

Original review: June 6, 2018

We had trouble with the first lender we went through and Caliber was recommended to us. From the first day we contacted them they were on point and helped us with any questions we had! We went through a long process being first time homebuyers and Caliber made the whole process easier. We would highly recommend Caliber!

Original review: June 6, 2018

George was our loan officer and we are happy to report that he did an excellent job in processing our loan and was very quick to respond to all of our inquiries! George not only was informative but was great at providing solutions to some challenges we had in the beginning. If anyone needs someone who is an expert but also someone who cares, George ** is the man for you! Thank you George for making this a seamless transaction!

Original review: June 5, 2018

Best experience ever, good people who will help with the process of buying your dream home and make it very easy. Best customer service. You will never regret dealing with Caliber Homes. Andrew ** is a very good person with a lot of experience. Will help thru the paperwork and getting to your new home very quick.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Steve was a godsend. His expertise was exactly what we needed. This was our third home purchase and by far the easiest. Steve worked with our realtor to help us find the home for our family while saving money in the end. Thank you Steve.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Ryan ** was my LO and was very helpful. Always maintained positive attitude, no issues and complications even got in the way of getting the deal done. Caliber had good rates, low fees. Over-all very seamless and easy experience. Thank you!

Original review: June 5, 2018

Sam ** is a true professional. He is responsive, informative and detail oriented. Caliber has a well defined process and provides a simple platform. I was completely satisfied with the entire transaction. Thank you and look forward to the next time I need financing.

Caliber Home Loans expert review by Michele Lerner

This mortgage company was founded with a merger from Caliber Funding and Vericrest Financial. They offer consumers assistance with home loans, home buying and refinancing.

• National support: This company has branches across the United States, so you can get help with your home loan from a local loan consultant who understands the market in your state.

• Range of loan products: They provide a range of loan products available for their customers, including FHA loans, veteran loans, conventional loans and more.

• Resources for homebuyers: This company offers step-by-step guides to help you navigate the processes of prequalifying, financing, paying for insurance and understanding closing costs.

• Send away for more information: Submit a short form on the website to receive free information on their mortgage programs to help you make a decision about buying or refinancing your home.

• Quick and upfront mortgage approvals: Consumers get quick and upfront mortgage approvals, so you will know shortly after applying for a loan whether or not you qualify.

• Fresh Start: The Fresh Start program is designed to help homeowners who have previously experienced a foreclosure, bankruptcy or any other credit setback to get a home loan ranging from $150,000 to $1 million.

• Best for: homebuyers and home builders.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner

Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Caliber Home Loans Company Information