2. Mortgages
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Caliber Home Loans

Caliber Home Loans
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.36/5

Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is a privately held, full-service national mortgage lender headquartered in Coppell, TX.

The company originates loans through various channels and transaction types, and since its inception, has grown its mortgage production volume while growing its servicing portfolio to over $145 billion.

View More View More

Caliber Home Loans Reviews

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

We completed a re-financing with Caliber in late December. We were extremely satisfied with the entire experience but particularly with two aspects. First, we received a preliminary approval within hours of our application, immediately following on-line submission of our proof-of-income (W-2's and 1099R's) documentation.

Second, the entire documentation requirement was amazingly simple encompassing the income forms (not IRS returns), property tax as well as insurance information on our property. Both of these aspects stood in direct contrast to the original financing we did in August of 2015 with SunTrust. Besides the bureaucratic and timely process we then encountered, the extent of required documentation was all-but overwhelming, I am extremely organized and maintain electronic versions of every document that was required which probably totaled we in excess of two dozen items. Caliber was previously our mortgage company on another property and our recent experience was consistent with that financing. In short, we are highly satisfied clients and extremely pleased with our entire re-financing experience with Caliber!

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

Were it not for Marco **, our loan officer, I highly doubt that we would have been able to buy the quality home that we did. Less likely would have been the successful refinance of our mortgage that fortunately due to the ability of Marco and his team we were able to get a better interest rate, and significantly reduce our monthly mortgage payment.

I would do business with Caliber again, but I will definitely do business with Mr. ** again. His personal attention and painstaking efforts made it possible for a humble family to rise from the daunting renter’s world and finally have a place to call our own. While I realize there are many working parts to a successful lending organization like Caliber, it’s the loan officer who forges ahead to get things done. Marco ** is a credit to any institution with whom he chooses to affiliate. Kind Regards, Samuel **.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I can not say enough great things about this company and their employee, Wayne **! Being a first time home buyer, I didn't know anything about the process, what was going to happen, or what to expect. Wayne made it so comfortable and non stressful. He was HONEST, and advised me what to expect - step by step from the VERY beginning of the home buying process to the VERY end of the process. Wayne was very patient with me, along with his whole team involved. Wayne and his team advised me what I needed to do and what was their part to get me thru the home buying process. I will be forever grateful! If you want honesty, integrity, and professionalism please go see Wayne at this company!! HUGE thanks to Wayne and his team!!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Good Morning, My husband, Michael and I, had the pleasure of working with Shannon & Tiffany, at the Vero Beach office. We were nervous first time home buyers. Shannon with Caliber was recommended to me by a Realtor. I was hesitant to contact her at first since I was treated badly at the beginning of the year by a different loan officer at a different loan company. I decided to contact Shannon and "pour my heart out" and provide all of our information. Lucky for us, Shannon replied and our adventure began!

Shannon and Tiffany communicated with us on what we needed to provide and also assisted us when we were not sure of how to find certain information. Being Italian and able to talk (and type) a lot, long story short: We were able to place an offer on a home I was in love with since February 2019; the offer went to accepted; then all the in betweens went beautifully; and...we closed on the home, November 14th! It was a journey but one that I would definitely take again as long as we can have our Dynamic Duo! Shannon isn't only beautiful on the outside but also on the inside, from her head to her toes. :) Thank you so much for everything! Merry Christmas!!

Original review: March 9, 2019

Charlie from Caliber Home Loans went above and beyond to help me purchase a home. He is an expert with FHA loans. While other loan officers will give you pre-approval letters, at the first sign of an obstacle they will drop you. After I had given the earnest money for a home, a previous loan officer wrote me a email that made me think I had no chance of getting a home. Another loan officer after my contract was accepted by the seller, just stopped returning my phone calls without any explanation, prior to this he was calling me almost every day. The seller's real estate agent had to sent him an email to which he answered he was not able to give me a loan.

When you first decide to purchase a home, you go online and look at different mortgage companies to see how much home you can afford. From there, the loan officers get your number and a large number of different loan officers will start calling you, and promise you a mortgage loan if you pick their company. I found out the hard way that it is easy to get a pre-approval loan but they will drop you if they have to work hard on your case. I was not buying an expensive home, it's just not worth their time. I was trying to get a modest FHA loan. Just be careful because every time they check your credit, your credit score drops and they don't go through with the loan. I was naive, they hand out the pre-approval letters without standing behind their promise.

There was some mistakes on my credit reports that needed to be fixed and Charlie took the time to counsel me on how to fix my credit reports. He was always available to talk on the phone, in the evenings and on the weekends. He will make you feel as if you are his most important client. He doesn't just give up on his clients and he is not afraid of hard work. Thank you Charlie for getting me my home and treating me as if I was buying a million dollars home.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caliber Home Loans Inc.?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

We really enjoyed working with Jolene **'s team. We worked with them twice (purchasing and refinancing our house). They assisted us greatly, best people, best customer service, they helped us through the process from beginning until the end. They responded quickly and educated us with the process. We truly enjoyed working with the team.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Christina and Caliber have been absolutely perfect in getting me my home loan. Every time I had a question, it was answered in a timely manner. They are incredibly professional yet down to earth and very easy to work with. Anything they needed I provided and that helped the process extremely well. I will use them again without a doubt.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

We originally were recommended to Caliber Home Loans through our mortgage broker when purchasing our home and since day one Caliber has been nothing but outstanding with their customer service. We received the opportunity to refinance at a lower rate and we looked around at all of the advertisements that were being sent to us and we thankfully received one from Caliber and decided this is the best place to get the refi from. We loved them as an originating company and we love them even more refinancing through them. It was fast. It was efficient. The people were outstanding. I can't say enough about this company.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I recently wrote a review for Moore Than a Mortgage/Caliber Home Loans. My views haven't changed. I've refinanced twice in less than a year with this team and I can't see myself ever wanting to work with anyone else. They are professional, efficient, and most of all very caring. You won't find all these attributes with most other lenders. Moore Than a Mortgage is the whole package. I've recommended them to multiple people already.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

We were very please with our loan consultant that works with Caliber Home loans. Very professional, very informative, very knowledgeable and always on top of things throughout the process. Always answered or took my calls when we had questions and was there on closing day to assist if needed.

Caliber Home Loans Inc. expert review by Michele Lerner

This mortgage company was founded with a merger from Caliber Funding and Vericrest Financial. They offer consumers assistance with home loans, home buying and refinancing.

• National support: This company has branches across the United States, so you can get help with your home loan from a local loan consultant who understands the market in your state.

• Range of loan products: They provide a range of loan products available for their customers, including FHA loans, veteran loans, conventional loans and more.

• Resources for homebuyers: This company offers step-by-step guides to help you navigate the processes of prequalifying, financing, paying for insurance and understanding closing costs.

• Send away for more information: Submit a short form on the website to receive free information on their mortgage programs to help you make a decision about buying or refinancing your home.

• Quick and upfront mortgage approvals: Consumers get quick and upfront mortgage approvals, so you will know shortly after applying for a loan whether or not you qualify.

• Fresh Start: The Fresh Start program is designed to help homeowners who have previously experienced a foreclosure, bankruptcy or any other credit setback to get a home loan ranging from $150,000 to $1 million.

• Best for: homebuyers and home builders.

by Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Caliber Home Loans Company Information