Call toll free
4.68/5
Based on 791 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is a privately held, full service national mortgage lender headquartered in Irving, TX.

The company originates loans through various channels and transaction types, and since its inception, grown its mortgage production volume while growing its servicing portfolio to over $75 billion.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 20, 2018

2394 Caliber Home Loans Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 20, 2018

Kelly **, our Loan Consultant in Medford Oregon was amazing! His team including Joanna, were amazing through a very crazy and stressful process. Kelly ** is the only Loan Consultant I will recommend or call for any financial questions. Caliber Home is lucky to have such a talented and dedicated person.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2018

This is my Second Loan Experience. The team at Caliber ROCKED my Refi + Cash Out to Perfection! Hemman ** headed up my Loan with his team and worked with me EVERY SINGLE step of the way. Hemman and his team made some incredible things happen to close my loan in a single month. Every step was handled with care, quickly, and underwriting lasted a little under a week, with a Close and payoff following! I will return to Caliber when I am ready to sell and purchase another property because EVERYTHING I was promised came through. Not ONE single Issue or problem was not resolved quickly, and honestly I felt like this was an underpromise, Overdeliver situation! Thanks Hemman and his Amazing team at Caliber Southern California!

Original review: April 20, 2018

I really have to thank Brian, and the whole staff for guiding me through this escrow process. I am so thankful to have worked with this team, could not have done it without them. Probably my most memorable moment was the last week of escrow. It was pouring rain, I am at work on a site visit, stuck in my car, I am trying to get my fire insurance coverage and every hiccup you could imagine was happening at once. I called Brian and at one point we got 6 people in this conference call (my agent, the escrow office, the insurance office, the TC-- literally everyone involved) leaving no stone unturned until I received my e-sign docs that my insurance was good to go. I love these guys!!

Original review: April 20, 2018

The only piece of feedback I have is to make sure not to promise things that can't be delivered, in this case not requiring an inspection. Otherwise Jim and crew were pretty helpful, and the experience of the site is good.

Original review: April 20, 2018

This is the second time working with Susan **. She is amazing. Always going out of her way to get you answers, get things done and working on your file 24/7. I would recommend her over and over. The ending process was a bit tedious with them needing more and more documents but I think I had a special case and Susan did everything in her power to help it go as smooth as possible. I will work with Susan ** in the future should a time come.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caliber Home Loans?

Original review: April 20, 2018

Jack and his office did a great job, kept me informed of all things with the loan process, answered all questions in a timely manner. He kept me informed and what to expect and when to expect each phase of the process.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Jeff was outstanding, he made getting a loan easy with easy to follow instructions. From getting pre-approved to closing day, Jeff was always available for questions and promptly returned calls and messages. He explained each step of the process as we went along. Thank you Jeff for all your work!

Original review: April 20, 2018

Working with Caliber was an excellent experience. Their communication and the way that they bent over backwards any day of the week or time of the day to get the process complete made the entire process seamless! It was quite a pleasure!

Original review: April 20, 2018

I am and his team really made the process easy. They explained things to me in a way that was easy for me to understand. Always there if I had any questions. They were friendly and very professional. I would recommend Caliber to anyone buying or refinancing a home.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Was a very pleasant experience. The loan office (Mellissa **) was very professional an knowledge. Everyone in the office were helpful. Yes I would refer others to this office and I would use them again. Many thanks to all that work there.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I had a really good experience with Caliber Loans, everything was done electronically so the process was really easily to do. Also the staff was very helpful and was on track on making sure we got all documents we needed for our loan and staff was really friendly. I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: April 20, 2018

We are so thrilled with our experience dealing with Brian ** and his team. Brian ** and Melia ** were available 24/7 to answer questions and assist us throughout the entire process. We are now living in our dream home! Thank you, Caliber Home Loans.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I found the process complicated but fair in view of the current mortgage financing laws. Mr. ** was excellent, taking personal interest in our situation and expectations. Would recommend to a friend. Ms. A. ** was also excellent providing her office resources to complete the application. Process was overall lengthy but with their help it made it a lot easier.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I was worried about not being able to get financed because I didn't have the best credit. But Christian reassured me and talked to me about the financing process and what steps would need to be taken to get the application completed and to get financed. Working with Christian in getting financing for my new home was so easy, probably easier than buying a car! Christian and his team kept me informed every step of the way either by text, calls and email. He explained things to me in detail and even offered to help me find insurance for my new home. The process for buying my first was home was so easy! I would highly recommend Christian to anyone seeking home financing. You won't regret your decision!

Original review: April 20, 2018

Matt ** and his Assistant Amber Made my first time buying a home so easy! They made sure I understood the whole process and knew exactly what I needed to do. They were fast and super friendly! I would never go anywhere else to get a home loan ever!!!

Original review: April 20, 2018

Kevin ** and the rest of the team did a great job taking care of my needs. I was absolutely happy with the experience. Top notch all around. Made buying a home that much easier. It could not have gone any better. I wouldn't dream of buying a home with anybody else.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Caliber Home Loans is everything you want in a mortgage company. They put the customer first in all aspects of the loan process and really do what it takes to ease the stresses of the home buying process. I recommend Caliber Home Loans to any and all that are in search for a mortgage company that treats you like family!

Original review: April 20, 2018

The Renato team at Caliber Home Loans is amazing. Everyone on their team is very knowledgeable and professional. They work fast and get things done. I would strongly recommend Caliber Home Loans to anyone who needs a mortgage. Thank you!

Original review: April 20, 2018

I worked with Mary Ann ** and she went above and beyond to help me with my financing needs. She was always available for questions and couldn't have been more helpful or professional in providing the utmost in customer service.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Robert was great. He was very responsive and I always felt that he had our best interest in mind. He made the whole process very easy for us. We highly recommend Robert and Caliber to anyone looking to buy or sell a home.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I was very pleased with my experience. Matthew ** was my loan officer and did an amazing job. I could not have asked for anything more from him! I would definitely send anyone his way! He made sure to meet my goals and exceeded them.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Chad has been great on both of our home loans and our families and friends. He referred us to Dianne as our new loan was in OK. She was also great! We have and will continue to refer them to family and friends.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Caliber Home Loans is the quickest, and most organized I have ever seen! They were committed to getting our refinance closed and when paperwork was needed it was so easy to upload it online. The best part is how respectful, and knowledgeable they are! I will be recommending them to others for sure!!

Original review: April 19, 2018

Mike was great with us the entire process. When we hit a snag, he came home from his vacation early to make sure we got it sorted. By doing so we closed on time. He was thorough with info to make sure we understood everything.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Sybil ** and her team were awesome and easy to work with!! They were very transparent on fees and rates. They helped answer all of our questions. We were out of town and she and her team helped make the process seamless.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Matt ** was recommended to us by our realtor that we were working with. Choosing to work with him was definitely one of the best decisions we made during the home buying process. He was extremely prompt and available to talk and answer questions at all times. He was very thorough and always answered and explained any questions we had. Matt got us approved very quickly, allowing us to put an offer in on the home we bought in no time. Overall, he made the entire process very smooth. We would absolutely recommend Matt!

Original review: April 19, 2018

This year, we were fortunate enough to purchase our first home, and Dave Smith with Caliber cane highly recommended. Even through the challenges that we faced as being first-time home buyers, Dave & the Caliber team were excellent in keeping us informed and educated throughout the entire process. We were always able to reach him & receive a quick reply to help (even outside of office hours). We are thrilled to be in our new home and grateful for the help that we received from Dave & the Caliber team. Thanks!

Original review: April 19, 2018

Linda ** was our loan officer. She couldn't have made the process more pleasant. She was so easy to work with and so prompt and efficient. I would recommend her and your company to ANYONE. She was knowledgeable and helpful and always ready to answer any questions we had. I believe our experience was so great because of her.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Lori ** and her team at Caliber loans went above and beyond to make our home purchase smooth. They were super responsive, answering our questions and keeping us in the loop at all phases of the loan process. They kept track of the many items of paperwork needed and made sure everything went smoothly. I would highly recommend Lori and her team to my friends and family.

Original review: April 19, 2018

They have an outstanding team that will help you and protect you throughout the process. My wife and I are very pleased that we took the decision to go with them. They provided a very competitive offer, match the preferred lender offer and we realized that at the end, we could get a better deal with them that the preferred lender that the builder was working with.

Caliber Home Loans expert review by Michele Lerner

This mortgage company was founded with a merger from Caliber Funding and Vericrest Financial. They offer consumers assistance with home loans, home buying and refinancing.

• National support: This company has branches across the United States, so you can get help with your home loan from a local loan consultant who understands the market in your state.

• Range of loan products: They provide a range of loan products available for their customers, including FHA loans, veteran loans, conventional loans and more.

• Resources for homebuyers: This company offers step-by-step guides to help you navigate the processes of prequalifying, financing, paying for insurance and understanding closing costs.

• Send away for more information: Submit a short form on the website to receive free information on their mortgage programs to help you make a decision about buying or refinancing your home.

• Quick and upfront mortgage approvals: Consumers get quick and upfront mortgage approvals, so you will know shortly after applying for a loan whether or not you qualify.

• Fresh Start: The Fresh Start program is designed to help homeowners who have previously experienced a foreclosure, bankruptcy or any other credit setback to get a home loan ranging from $150,000 to $1 million.

• Best for: homebuyers and home builders.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner

Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Caliber Home Loans Company Information