toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Caliber Home Loans

Thank you, Mark! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide you with excellent service while purchasing your first home!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

Our loan officer was really fantastic to work with. My spouse and I were buying our first home together, and our LO was able to answer all of our questions, providing deeper insight when we needed more information. We discussed several loan products, and were able to make an informed decision about what product best suited our goals and financial position. The closing went extremely smoothly. As a bonus, we got a great rate locked in just before the election!

Caliber Home Loans

Anna, We’re delighted to read your feedback about working with Caliber for your home loan! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the best service for each customer!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

Wonderful service! I previously had a mortgage with Bank of America, and it was painful. The difference is night and day. Caliber Home Loans provided seamless service, closed on time, were able to coordinate everything, fixed the mistake that the escrow company made. I can't recommend them enough! They also secured an excellent interest rate for me the minute I put down an offer on the house.

Caliber Home Loans was the lender in a recent home purchase for us in Sevierville, TN. We found them to be very professional, and personable, in every aspect of business. They kept on top of everything, and then passed information on to us in a timely manner. We did the whole process online, which could have been complicated. They made it easy. They set a closing date, and we closed on that date in spite of some delays from outside persons. My husband and I would highly recommend them to anyone wanting to purchase a home.

Very helpful in guiding us throughout the entire process. We ended up with a very satisfactory deal and there were no surprises. We are in a new home and very happy. We are financially solid in our new mortgage - it was a very positive experience.

Katie and Lori guided us through our first home buying process seamlessly. They we available, helpful, knowledgeable, and overall KIND. Although never having met either face to face, we felt as though we had. During such a vulnerable situation that was EXTREMELY comforting. We appreciate them and we have already recommended them by word of mouth to friends. Thank you to them personally as well as Caliber Home Loans for getting us through the purchase of our first home.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caliber Home Loans?

The reps I talked to were nice. My main gripe with Caliber is that when they purchased my loan from HFC, they took all the payments that were to be paid at the end of the loan and put them at the beginning of the loan. When I took I took advantage of HFC's skip-a-month options, HFC tacked those payments at the end of the loan. I was current with HFC when Caliber purchased my mortgage. In fact, I paid an additional to HFC before I rec'd a letter from Caliber advising me not to send any more funds. No one appears to know where that $100 went. Instead of billing me my normal monthly payments, Caliber send me bills for thousands of dollars more than they should. (i.e. my monthly payment is less than $500 but they send me a bill for $3,600 etc.) I have verbally requested they correct their invoices by putting the deferred payments at the end of the loan where HFC had put them but the Caliber rep told me no.

I contacted government protection agencies and they told me Caliber is not allowed to do this. I have recently requested in writing that they send me correct invoices each month. They basically altered my mortgage and I will contact an attorney if they don't correct this. I gave them low marks because I don't trust them. I have been seriously ill for a long time and I am struggling to make my mortgage payments. It's bad enough to be delinquent at times but to keep getting bills that inaccurate is depressing. I am curious to see if others are experiencing the same problems.

My husband recently died on 1/27/17 and he managed the mortgage. I have faxed and mailed in court documents along with the death certificate on two separate times (2/21/17 & 3/6/17) so I can obtain and conduct transactions regarding the mortgage. I spoke with a supervisor and was told on Friday, 3/7/17 that he obtained my information and everything was uploaded into the system so I can get information and make arrangements to pay what is owed in addition to the monies for the uncollected fees in the amount $1,932.70 would be waived.

As of today, I spoke with another representative and she stated there was nothing showing whereas I could seek information regarding the account. I explained to her that I received two certified letters from them on Friday stating procedures to foreclose if payment is not received by 4/10/17. Now, I am at a standstill and possibly will be facing more incurred monies, foreclosure and will have to find a way to get whatever monies they say I owe in order to save the house and not become homeless. Secondly, the representatives always have a problem transferring you to a supervisor and claim they don't have information such as a phone number to the corporate office. I have never heard of such a thing. At this point, I am certainly going to get my lawyer involved!

Based on my personal opinion this company needs to review its policy as it relates to customers being able to speak with supervisors and/or contacting the corporate office when they are displeased with the way a situation is being handled. What am I to do since no one will speak with me but they are demanding monies for an account that I can't even find out what I am paying for. Therefore, I feel I was lied to and nothing the supervisor told me what true. This is deceitful and should not ever happen.

So, I guess the intent is to collect more fees, be a disservice and allow families to become homeless. I am already going through a difficult time from the loss of my husband and this just makes it harder to deal with. I need some assistance! Caliber Home Loans tend to be deceitful and I would hope they would be in the business of helping people!! Dissatisfied Customer on behalf of a deceased customer.

Great experience. This was my first time buying a home. Alicia was always very responsive to any and all of my questions. I felt things went smoothly and the Docusign made things easy. I would definitely recommend Caliber to friends and family.

I can't believe how quickly my loan (Va Home Loan) was processed and professionally. Gerry and the rest of the team amazing. Every time I had a doubt or question they quickly called me back or emailed. Wish I was offered an lower APR for my credit score but still can't complain. Definitely will recommend.

The people I dealt with was very professional with me even when I was losing it. They were patient and did their best to put me at ease when I was stressing. For the most part all my calls were returned in a timely manner and that was very helpful. Thank you.

MARK and the Caliber team was awesome! Made buying our first house easy and less stressful! I would use Caliber Home Loans in the future! I would also recommend to any friends and family. This was an awesome home buying experience that I would recommend to anyone.

One extremely grateful and very satisfied customer. My experience with Ken ** continued to be one with confidence and total reassurance I was getting the best rate available, but most importantly the best service second to none. During my loan process I entertained a few other options as I was contacted by a few lenders and by a couple contacts I initiated. Every single time I hung up the phone I knew CALIBER was who I was going to stay with. My situation was somewhat challenging due to my divorce and still Ken and Hollie ** eased my mind and kept my security in that they had my back. They always addressed my concerns and returned my calls in a very quick fashion, they truly care about their customers.

My VA loan requirements seemed painless with them handling every step of the way with great understanding and incredible professionalism. From beginning to end I was treated as if I was family, and now I believe I am. These few lines only scratch the surface on how I feel about CALIBER. They took care of my refinancing needs in the best way possible. When I speak of my situation I never leave out my experience with CALIBER Home Loans. I'm confident the rest of their staff is phenomenal just like Ken and Hollie.

I have nothing but praise for the personnel that assisted me in successfully obtaining a mortgage in a timely manner. The communication and coordination efforts, as well as the financial issues were handled in a very professional manner. Your team is beyond reproach.

Caliber Home Loans made me feel comfortable and confident in my experience as a first time home buyer. Not only were Kelly ** and Dori ** available when I needed them, they were swift in getting me set up and expedited my loan process. I will not hesitate to recommend them to everyone!!

Sal ** and his staff were professional and personable. They assisted us and were responsive to our needs. The closing process for us in an out of state area with minimal technology (fax, copier and PC) made this process challenging.

This guy Rod **... Awesome! Kept me updated throughout the entire process. Worked around figures to help me out. If there were more people like this man who cares about your financial situation, people would be much better off. Hopefully I will get to work with him in another capacity. God Bless!!!

The folks at the East Lansing Branch were very effective and efficient. They were always there when I needed something and were quickly to respond. They did a great job closing on my home and would recommend them to anyone I know buying or refinancing their home. Glad I got to know them. Thank you team Lansing.

David ** and his team were incredibly easy to work with. On top of that, every turn of my experience with them was a demonstration of utmost professionalism - they were, kind, friendly, knowledgeable and very responsive. Because of these factors, we were able to secure our chosen property and close with ease and comfort.

Joe ** (from Caliber Home Loans) did exactly what he said he would do and was a pleasure to work with to get our refinance done. We would highly recommend him. But we were not happy with the service we received from the appraiser or the escrow company. The escrow company (Corinthian Title Co.) had to pay off credit card bills as part of the refinance. They sent out 2 of the 3 payments with incorrect information which took extra phone calls/emails to fix and an extra 3-4 weeks until it was all done. That being said, we would still highly recommend doing a refinance with Joe at Caliber Home Loans.

I found Caliber when I was searching for a company to help me refinance my house. The staff did an excellent job of helping me through the process in a timely manner. Thanks to them, I now have a new loan with a lower monthly payment and was still able to take some money out to fix up the house.

We had a great experience working with Caliber. Our mortgage adviser was extremely responsive and helpful throughout the whole process and has continued to offer support and advice as needed since our home has closed. I would absolutely recommend Caliber.

I had a good experience dealing with your representative, Lucy **, at Caliber Home Loans. She made it easier for me to understand everything that needed to be done to secure the loan, answered all my questions and made me feel that I was in capable hands being kind and congenial throughout the process.

I am a veteran that applied for a VA loan. The loan coordinator knew exactly what to do. I was told about, and signed up for, Iowa specific Veteran Home Loan benefits. I knew exactly where my loan stood at all times. A weekly status update was provided to me through email. The loan coordinator was always able to be reached. I could text her a question at 7 p.m. and get a response within minutes. I definitely recommend Caliber Home Loans to any veteran looking to buy a home.

We were treated excellent by Scott and his team. We were extremely pleased with the process and would definitely use Caliber again. I can honestly say we never felt like "just another client". Scott treated us like we were old friends.

I have to say this was a very pleasant experience. Efficient and on time closing. Very painless. Highly recommend. Minimal paperwork as mostly everything done online. When there was an issue, personnel helped to get it resolved so as not to delay the closing.

Josh & Scott were not only very helpful throughout the process, but were able to welcome my business and quickly qualify me when other financial institutions gave me a hard time. They were accurate and efficient throughout the entire process. They made my mortgage happen in only 2 months!

A+++, Loan officers were very efficient, knowledgeable and professional. Calls or emails were responded to almost immediately. Shalise and Brandi were happy to run through many different options and scenarios to make sure that the loans met our needs. As good as it gets.

I would not only recommend the Caliber Home Loan team to all my friends and family. I will be using them for all my financial needs going forward. They made the process so smooth and easy I thought I had to pinch myself to wake up. You can rest assured things will go smooth and you are in good hands with this team. Outstanding, and hands down the best!

They said we had to call her every month to see what our payment would be that month. For 5 months it was different. After 9 months they tried to take our home on Christmas. Said we never made a payment but I was suspicious so I paid with bank certified check. Bank said they cashed them the day they received it. But we still had to hire a lawyer to fight them even though REGIONS BANK said they cashed the checks and we paid more than was supposed to be paid. Costing us thousands to fight them. They want our home.

Dante, was recommended by a friend and it was definitely a great recommendation. Through various offers, Dante stuck by me and never denied service. Even, when it wasn't in his interest, he gave me great advice and continually pointed me in the right direction. Choosing Caliber was the best decision I made in the home buying process.

Caliber Home Loans Company Profile