Call toll free
Show rating distribution
Call toll free

Caliber Home Loans

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is a privately held, full service national mortgage lender headquartered in Irving, TX.

The company originates loans through various channels and transaction types, and since its inception, grown its mortgage production volume while growing its servicing portfolio to over $75 billion.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 17, 2017

2011 Caliber Home Loans Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Very professional and always ahead than I was expecting. Thank you good team. I would choose them again. And I would recommend Caliber team to everyone. They were always on time. All the documents and the appointments and always willing to help. Thank you.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Ramez ** of Caliber Loans helped us buy our first home. It was a great experience and everything with the loan approval and closing went smoothly. He and his assistant knew what to expect and made it basically stress free for us. We got a great rate on a 30 year fixed, and I'm happy that Caliber handles the mortgage as well.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

After being manipulated by a competitor, my wife and I turned to Caliber. They understood that we were in a time crunch and needed results quickly. Rather than making us go through the entire mortgage process from scratch, they took the paperwork we had filled out previously and transferred it to their system. Not only did our agent show at the signing, the manager of the local office took a special interest and came to the closing to ensure that everything went well.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Mr. William ** was my lender contact. He was extremely helpful, pleasant and cooperative. I thank him for everything regarding this mortgage experience. He was kind, understanding and always available when I had questions. Very prompt and courteous.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

All in all it was a pretty smooth loan process. Had some problems but they were all fixed. Took some time getting everything we needed but like I say went pretty smooth. The people we dealt with were very kind and had a lot of patience and walked us through this with everything they seem to know so it was a very easy way to process a loan.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caliber Home Loans?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I had a great experience with Neal ** at Caliber Home Loans. He is personable, knowledgeable, and went above and beyond to make sure I understood the entire process as this was my first home purchase. I would not be in my new home if it weren't for the extra mile Neal went. I would recommend Caliber Home Loans to family & friends. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I loved my experience with Dan ** and Aaren **. I would definitely recommend Caliber Loans and Dan to family and friends! Thanks for the attention, flexibility, and patience. I appreciate all the help. You guys are wonderful! Hopefully I won't be moving again anytime soon, but I know when I do I'll be calling Dan again.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

We have worked with Lois during home purchases twice now and every time she is the best. Always takes the time to explain everything, and makes sure that everyone involved is comfortable with the situations! I would recommend Caliber to anyone because they hire the best.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Los Angeles city – Dolph ** was awesome from the very beginning until the end. My realtors (two person team) raves about him as well. He made our transaction go very smoothly. He was professional, prompt, very intelligent, pro-active, understands his craft very well, and he articulates difficult items in a way that is easy to understand. I highly recommend him.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I want thank you for the excellent service I received at the Caliber Home Loans. Very fast and nice job. I was surround with friendly, sympathetic and attentive employees. Specially thanks to the team lieder Vahe **. I will recommend Caliber Home Loans to all my friends.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

My case worker (Debbie) was the nicest and very helpful. My loan was her first of it kind, but it seemed like she had all the answers because of the support team. She kept in touch, helped out in areas of construction. That impressed me. I would highly recommend not just your company but Debbie.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

From the beginning to the end our experience with Caliber Home Loans was excellent. Since the day we first met until the closing day we took about one month and a half only! We couldn't believe it. That fast, that easy. Very professional people and a pleasure to make business with. I highly recommend them. Thanks Rich and Jessica!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Our agent Eric ** did an awesome job and did his best to speed up the process that was horribly slowed by the underwriters. They dragged their feet for 2 plus weeks and then asked for many documents one week before closing. This is unacceptable and was in no way shape or form any fault of Eric. I wish to praise him and not hinder him at all. All our problems started and ended with the underwriting team and their horrible concept of time and delayed our closing. Eric is the best.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

They are amazing. It was truly a great experience. They are so helpful and always available. I will definitely recommend them. I have never experienced the loan officer being present while doing the closing, this was so great to have them there answering any possible questions. Awesome job!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Their interest rate beat our local lending leader by 0.5%. The loan went through with very little difficulty. Great company, great lender, great service. Their choice of an appraiser was very sketchy, as she undercut our home value by about $30,000, but ultimately all that means is I owe less in the end.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

My experience with Caliber Home Loans was awesome. They were knowledgeable, efficient and great communicators. They really cared about my experience and wanted to make it as stress free as possible. During the home buying experience I had many questions and they were always quick to respond. I'd definitely use them again!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I'd highly recommend working with Caliber Home Loans. They made the entire application process simple. I was working with them from many states away and never once did I feel that it was a poor choice to use Caliber for my new home. Erin ** and her team did a wonderful job!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Caliber did a good job, my only complaint was that I had no way to communicate by phone. When I called, and the phone rang for minutes without answering, a voice came on the line and said to the effect "this line is not available". I had to wait till they would email me something.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I would highly recommend Caliber Home Loans, the experience was very nice. The people was very helpful throughout the whole process. My wife and I was very pleased with all aspects of the loan process. Caliber Home Loans make buying new home very easy and hassle free.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I was very pleased with our home buying process through Caliber Home Loans. They answered every question and walked us through the process one step at a time. They were always an email away if I had any questions. I was surprised how well everything went.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I had a wonderful experience with Caliber Home Loans and especially Steve ** team. Getting my mortgage on my House was a snap! They are very well organized and kept me updated weekly throughout the process. I would highly recommend them as a loan broker.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Terrible company to work with, Loan officers do not know products or programs well at all. Since the change from Banc Loans they have been constantly trying to run my credit for these special "programs" that were in line with a competitor I got approved for yet knew nothing about these programs. Go figure. I had already got approved when they were Banc Loans and got on the waiting list, but needed to run credit under new name. Since I didn't want to run my credit again they pulled me off the waiting list as if it was all my fault, they changed names.

If you wish to sell me or offer programs please UNDERSTAND them. I am not an average consumer who says yeah go ahead run my credit and I'll sign wherever and whatever. NO WAY! I advise to reach out to a company who is more professional and understands their products. Lastly don't ever pin consequences on a consumer for something the company did. Taking my cash and business elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I love KIristy. Would highly recommend her. We ran into a few problems. She helped me overcome them and get the house I really wanted. She was always very friendly and professional. She would always find the time to talk to me if I had questions. I could not have asked for more.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

James ** was by far the best part about my entire process with Caliber Home Loans. Yes, the loan process was effortless; however, James is single handily why I would use Caliber over and over again. He was very accessible, attentive, knowledgeable, and I honestly felt I was the only loan application he was processing. James definitely is an asset to your organization and it’s obvious he loves what he does.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Awesome customer service from start to finish. Helped us meet our need to refinance with lower term, consolidate credit card debt and receive a cash payout for making our desired home improvements. When we first contacted Caliber to refinance, they walked us through each step making it so easy to accomplish our goal. They did everything to make the process as seamless as possible. The electronic signing of paperwork was a real time saver. They even sent a closing agent to us to meet our schedule. Caliber had our back from pre-qualify to closing.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Sevierville office - I could not have asked for a better person to work with than Lisa **! She helped walk me through all the paperwork so it wasn't so confusing. She was always there to answer any questions or concerns that I had. Her smile and spirit are infectious, she's awesome! She made the experience awesome! Thank you Lisa!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

The easiest mortgage process ever, they walked me thru every step and no jumping thru hoops at the last second for paperwork. Unbelievable really. Explained everything before it was needed. Thanks so much for everything. Would surely use these folks again!!!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

David was great every step of the way! I highly recommend Caliber Home Loans to get you through your home buying experience and to get you to closing. We did a for sale by owner so it was a little different than traditional realtor involved sale and David was excellent with ongoing communication and resolving any unexpected issues that came up. Highly recommend!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

John and Scott were fabulous throughout the entire mortgage process. Being a first time home buyer, there was a lot of information I did not understand or did not know about. John was so patient, kind and explained everything to me and made sure I understood exactly what I was doing. Thanks a lot!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Everyone involved in my case was prompt, knowledgeable, and thorough. I didn't once find myself waiting or in the dark. When I called, I was either answered immediately or within a few minutes. They helped me get the lowest rate with the best options. I actually got money back at closing!

Caliber Home Loans Company Information