2. Mortgages

LoanDepot

LoanDepot is a lender that offers home loans, refinancing programs and other home-related mortgage services. The company uses mello smartloan technology to provide a completely online mortgage experience.

BOTTOM LINE

LoanDepot is a home loan and refinancing company that specializes in streamlined, digital mortgage experiences, although it works with local agents. The company is a direct lender.

PROS

• Uses mello smartloan tech
  • Available nationwide
  • Various loans available

CONS

• Doesn’t service all its loans

Unsubscribe at any time.

What is LoanDepot?

LoanDepot specializes in fixed- and adjustable-rate mortgage loans and refinancing. LoanDepot offers the following loan types:

• FHA loans
    • HARP loans
    • Jumbo loans
    • VA loans
    • 203(k) loans

LoanDepot prioritizes creating a streamlined loan process through its mello smartloan program. With mello, LoanDepot can eliminate a large part of the paperwork that’s usually required for a mortgage by digitally verifying your income, employment and more. The technology also helps you determine which loan types work well for your situation.

Because LoanDepot’s mello smartloan process is totally online, you could be cleared to close in as few as eight days.

Applying for a loan with LoanDepot

If you’re interested in applying for a mortgage with LoanDepot, visit its website to begin your application and see daily mortgage and refinancing rates. To start your application, you need to give LoanDepot some specific information about your situation, such as whether you are:

• Buying or refinancing
    • Already working with a loan agent

If you don’t already have a loan agent, LoanDepot will help you find a local agent in its network who can help you get started with your mortgage process.

How do I pay my LoanDepot mortgage?

Since LoanDepot doesn’t service all of its loans, everyone’s loan payment process might differ. Work with your transferred provider to find out what payment methods are acceptable.

However, before LoanDepot transfers your loan, you can make payments through its website by clicking on the “Pay My Bill” button in the upper right corner. According to LoanDepot’s website, most loans are transferred to a new servicer within the first 30 to 90 days, so be on the lookout for a new provider within that time.

LoanDepot rates

Because its loan rates change daily, we can’t state what LoanDepot’s mortgage rates are at any given time. The company does claim that, as a direct lender, it has access to lower interest rates. You can check the company’s website for its loan and refinancing rates every day.

LoanDepot FAQ

Is LoanDepot a reputable lender?
    Yes, LoanDepot is a reputable lender. It offers a variety of services in every state.
    Is LoanDepot available everywhere?
    Yes, LoanDepot is available in all 50 states.
    Does LoanDepot sell its loans?
    LoanDepot does not service its own loans. Your loan will likely be transferred to a new servicer within 30 to 90 days of closing.
    Is LoanDepot part of QuickenLoans?
    No, LoanDepot isn’t a part of QuickenLoans.

Is LoanDepot a reputable lender?

LoanDepot is a reputable lender that offers a variety of home loans and refinancing services. Its services are available nationwide. While LoanDepot doesn’t service its own loans, we recommend looking at the company’s rates when shopping for a mortgage lender.

LoanDepot Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LoanDepot?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about LoanDepot?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Loan Depot has changed... I used them before and it was a walk in the park... This time I had to jump through one hoop after another and the agent lied to me... Said I was approved and then withdrew it for nefarious reasons... I am writing to their CEO to complain.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

Absolutely the worst mortgage company I have ever dealt with. They did not know Texas laws and did not do the loan according to laws. Also when I had to declare bankruptcy my house was never in it but they show me as my house was in the bankruptcy so they really messed up my credit. And I can't get them to take it off of there. Steer clear of them.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

Before we refinanced, we had our home loan with LoanDepot. The company as a whole was not a bad company, but the customer service was anything but service. We had a good loan, so that wasn’t our issue. Our issue was that any time we called we didn’t get the level of service we needed.

LoanDepot Company Information