3.71/5

786 Carrington Mortgage Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 22, 2019

Brandon ** provided me with excellent customer service during the refinancing of my mortgage. He was not only professional but also very polite and friendly with me in every interaction. He was very proactive in getting the process moving and keeping everything flowing. He was willing to step in and assist me even when his part of the process was complete!! When I had a family emergency, he kept the lines of communication flowing so that I was able to take advantage of the opportunity to refinance. I never once felt pressured by him. I really appreciate Brandon's help and his prompt responsiveness to all of my questions! Carrington Mortgage is very fortunate to have an employee of the quality and caliber of Brandon ** working there.

Original review: April 14, 2019

Thankful that Carrington reached out to me to lower my interest rates. Initially when I got my mortgage my credit was less than perfect and my interest was pretty high however my credit score improved over the years and that’s when Brandon from Carrington reached out to me. He explained everything in detail and gave me his office contact and cell phone number just in case I had other questions. Being able to text him when I was working was great way for me to communicate so minor details. Closing was done where and when I wanted. I really appreciate how effortless this process was and my refinance rate is low enough that can pay off my loan faster than I anticipated!!!

Get expert buying tips about Loan Modification Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I am skeptical by nature. But working with Gregory ** was a good experience. He helped us secure a great rate with little cost to us. Carrington picked up almost all costs associated with the mortgage. Further we were able to close quickly. Thank you Carrington and Gregory **. I also wanted to mention that after the loan closed, I needed to set up an automatic payment plan and was able to do that online. I had trouble because my closing loan number was not the same as my Carrington loan number, but their customer service rep was able to walk me through the procedure. So, I would recommend Carrington to my friends and anyone looking to get a professional mortgage deal.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I was looking for a house to purchase and found Carrington Mortgage Company through the recommendation of my brother-in-law who was a lawyer. I was very skeptical at first, but after reading a lot of reviews about them from different websites, I was finally convinced to go with them. They walked me through the documents that needed for the purchased, negotiation and refinancing process. Their communication was also impressive, they kept me updated with the progress and they were also very responsive to all the questions I had and explained everything to make sure I understand everything very clearly. My entire experience with Carrington Mortgage Service is absolutely great and I highly recommend them to anyone looking for an honest and reliable mortgage broker.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I’ve never been here personally, BUT I have dealt with Carrington and my experience was EXCELLENT... Even better than I imagined. 2 months ago I started the home buying process with my loan officer, Justin ** and Angie ** our loan processor. Let me tell you about Justin first, he’s caring, compassionate, and was there for me every time I needed him. When I felt discouraged, he lifted my spirits and reassured me that everything would be ok, he was great with me...

Angie, was nothing less than an Angel, she was sweet and also compassionate to me and my family’s need. She was on her job like white on rice. lol. The managers here are also great, they were also on the job making sure we were taking care of. I know that they have millions of customers, but they made me feel like me and my family were the only ones that mattered at the moment, they made us feel like family at Carrington. I am FOREVER grateful for them!! Oh, P.S. We closed on our home TODAY!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carrington Mortgage Services?

Original review: May 21, 2019

The agent who started my refinancing case gave me the facts, cost and qualified me right on our first phone talk. From there on there was a series of basic documents requested and then straight to closing. Took about 4-5 weeks. I was able to shorten my mortgage term to 15 years and lower my APR to 4%. Bottom line, it was simple and saved ton a money. I will recommend this company to anybody who is looking to save some bucks.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I have dealt with a Carrington Mortgage on three houses and two refinancing deals. They have always gone above and beyond each time. Chase and Rebecca are two of the most customer driven and professional people I have ever dealt with. Highly recommend!

Original review: May 16, 2019

I'm just sick to my stomach about what this company has done to me. I divorced after a 20 year marriage. My ex wife took out a equity loan while we were together. To my knowledge the loan was never used as I received no payment requests from them or any kind or a statement on the loan. She then defaulted on the loan and filed bankruptcy. After the divorce my ex quit claimed the property to me alone. I was told by Carrington to apply to get her name off the loan. Carrington refused to do that unless I refinanced so I tried and they kept putting me off with excuses. After many months I quit trying. Now I get a message that lien is being foreclosed on. What the heck?

I try again to deal with Carrington. THEY ARE IMPOSSIBLE. NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING OR WHO TO TALK TO. They suggest I refinance to get her off title even though they knew she signed a quit claim deed. So once again I try dealing with this unknowledgeable and unprofessional company to get My home refinanced in my name only. This process took two months or more. I told the mortgage officer over and over that I was getting foreclosure papers and court orders from the lien holder. He kept telling me not to worry. I was current on my mortgage and have been for years. He says Carrington would know about any foreclosure proceeding and that since it was a second lien they could not go past the first. WE TRUSTED HIM! BAD MISTAKE!

I paid for an appraisal. I got better insurance. I started making repairs and doing everything I was asked to do. After months of delay and me expressing my fear of foreclosure and doing everything they asked. They refused the refinance. I was injured at work the year before and out of work for 7 months. Even though two months ago I went back to the same company doing the same job and I continue paying my mortgage to Carrington on time. As usual they told me to come back in a couple of years.

LONG STORY SHORT....The second lien holder did foreclose supposedly without Carrington knowledge. Then the company came in and paid off the first mortgage in my x wife's name and now I'm being evicted from a home I've been in for twenty years that I dutifully paid for up until the very month they sold the mortgage right out from under me. I'VE LOST MORE THAN $200,000 IN EQUITY AND AM NOW HOMELESS! I was given no notice. I signed nothing.

Everyone at Carrington plays dumb. They keep giving me the customer service number over and over which is of NO help. Even the lender we had been talking to all these weeks knows no one in the business higher than him and maybe his manager which he shields from me. There is no one I can talk to! Our lender who was so nice when I was applying for the loan now is just too busy to put any more time into me and can not help to direct me to anyone in the company who can help.

Yep they stole my property and sold it to the lowest bidder. They are done with me and the lender says well "guess this a legal issue" knowing because of my financial situation was impossible. RUN AWAY IF YOU POSSIBLY CAN. THIS CAN HAPPEN TO ANY OF THEIR CUSTOMERS. Like I said I'm losing my 20 year investment, my credit and my home for a $23000 second lien I didn't even know was delinquent. I was current on the mortgage always and the principal interest was very small compared to the value of the home, I signed nothing. They sold me out!

Original review: May 15, 2019

They always there for me and they give me all the information what I was asking for quickly answers. All the personnel that was involved was so nice and professional. They have good skills to work with the customers.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Avoid this company at all costs!!! I got behind. Was told not to worry. Just pay a little extra each month. This caused even worse issues. I was threatened with foreclosure. I took money out of my 401k. Paid well over what was required. They posted that payment 20 days later are showing I am 4 months behind. This is absolutely impossible. It is a never ending NIGHTMARE.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I was approached by Brian **, Loan Officer about refinancing my current mortgage under better terms. We were able to come up with a plan that will save money, lower my payment slightly and with very little personal cost. Brian ** was extremely professional, knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. I was very happy with my experience.

Original review: May 13, 2019

We were attended to immediately with such professional support from the people who represented Carrington Mortgage. Anytime I encountered a problem, I would email or call them and I had a response right away. Even with the person who helped us close the paperwork, was very helpful.

Original review: May 8, 2019

Reports late to credit bureaus when you pay on time. We have to dispute their reporting every single month! Company sends daily emails begging us to refinance and even sent us an email this morning telling us our loan was an adjustable rate and didn’t we want to refinance to a fixed? (We have a fixed!!!) A couple months ago when I called them to confirm they had received my payment, the lady went into an automatic questionnaire trying to trick me into answering questions to set up a refinance. Such a scam company!!!

Original review: April 26, 2019

I worked with Brian ** in refinancing my mortgage to use my home's equity to pay off some larger expenses I had on my house. Brian was always prompt in answering my questions (by phone and email) and was always professional and friendly. He is a plus to the company's good customer service.

Original review: April 22, 2019

My husband and I recently refinanced our USDA loan for a VA loan to cash out for needed home repairs. Our loan officer was Kerry **. He was very easy to work with and kept us informed of all that we needed to do. Kerry guided us through the process (some of it was a little tricky but he was great) and we were able to lower our interest rate and close with no problems. The repairs are in the process of being completed at this time and we are happy with our decision to stay with Carrington for our refinance.

Original review: April 20, 2019

Our mortgage through Nationwide was sold to Carrington Mortgage Services. I had been traveling since December and returned in April to the news and calls on my caller ID stating Carrington. No actual message was left. All calls and then hang ups. I get the mail this week and 2 envelopes with my name and then my husband's, from Carrington. I recognized the name from caller ID. Learn my mortgage has been sold. They offer 4 different ways I can pay (all costing me additional monies). I decline that and tell her I will put a check in the mail that day. I did, for the full $1900 (for March & April).

Today, April 20th a man pulls into our driveway. Comes to the front door but I can't open it because my dog will get out and bite him. I tell him so. He licks the envelope and sticks it to our door. It's from Carrington Mortgage. They have now sent someone to our home. If our interest rate wasn't so low and this house almost paid off I would refinance just to NOT do business with them. We own 2 homes and NO, I did NOT notice two payments of less than 2 grand had NOT been made from our checking account. Maybe if someone from your company actually left a message on our machine we would have known who you were. Bad way to do business.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Jim ** and Shannon ** were two of the most professional colleagues that I have ever worked with on a project of this magnitude. They both kept me up to speed with every aspect of each transaction. I have never been more satisfied with an outcome that practically had me pulling my hair out with anticipation, yet graciously maneuvered with utmost sincerity and promise. I believe that because of this experience I will certainly handle my finances better in the future. Thanks, Jim and Shannon, along with others who helped secure the process from beginning to end. Carrington Mortgage, you're the best. Yolanda

Original review: April 17, 2019

I have an account with the worst Mortgage Company in the World, Carrington Mortgage Company who obtained my Mortgage from Bank of America in 2016. When I was struggling and needed assistance, they played games, prevaricated, used trickery and deceit and pretended like they did not receive documentation that I sent to them and started foreclosing procedures on me in 2017. I was able to get assistance from an agency, was able to bring my loan current. Carrington agreed to accept the payments that brought my account current along with all fees associated with the delinquency at the time. I have been in constant turmoil with them regarding their *UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES* and have written numerous letters regarding such along with erroneous late fees, inspection fees, uncollected fees and any other unjustly fees that they have assessed me with.

I sent letters to them approximately in March, 2019. I tried paying over and beyond my Regular Payment to go towards my Principal Balance on numerous occasions and they would deny that and apply towards trumped up charges in an attempt to keep me form paying down my principal balance. My account has been current and in good standing and they have not reported this to the 3 Major Credit Bureaus, however when I was struggling and needed assistance like a Loan Modification, etc, they unjustly denied it and aggressively started FORECLOSURE along with expediting negative reporting on my credit.

Now since I have been current for almost a year they have not aggressively reported any POSITIVE REPORTING, for example with TransUnion no current and positive reporting for 4 mos, Experian no current and positive reporting since Jan, 2019, and for Equifax no current and positive reporting since December, 2015, 4 years which is absurd not to mention that this has damaged my credit as I am trying to refinance and get this loan away from them and they have sabotaged my every efforts. I tried to lower my escrow and this was a challenge and a disaster. I tried to have them remove PMI and they refused even though I have equity in my home.

My Home Payment increased without an explanation as to why and a lady Representative spoke with my son in regards to my account releasing my confidential information without my permission approximately a year ago, She recited the Mini Miranda to him and he is not obligated to my debt, his name is not on my account nor has any authorization been given, thereof. They have violated the law and made numerous mistakes and have violated my rights not to mention failing to accurately and fairly report my positive credit, therefore damaging my credit worthiness. I have been dealt harsly with and they tried to unjustly take my home. I believe that my rights have been VIOLATED by Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC and instead of making excuses for their mistakes so that they won't be held accountable for them they have resulted to prevaricating, cover ups, deceit and trying to hide their errors.

This matter have been going on for far too long and need to be rectified. They should be fined and sanctioned for the sloppy, unprofessional and unethical way that they have handled my Loan and the damages I've suffered with inaccuracies on my credit report which is damaging to my credit worthiness at best and it needs to be rectified expeditiously. This is the worst Company on the planet and they should be shut down. They practice unfair and deceptive practices and every Representative gives different answers until you don't know who to trust and believe. I have recently filed a Complaint against them with CFPB and my intentions is to proceed with numerous Complaints to other agencies who governs how they conduct their unethical business.

Original review: April 15, 2019

Carrington Mortgage Services, should not be allow to service even The Animal Kingdom. Believe it or not it is the RISK you take. But I tell you the TRUTH, RUN! RUN! RUN! From these people. They operate as if the main object is to steal and take, especially from Escrow Accounts. Like most, my mortgage was sold to them by BOA. They have been nothing short of the worst possible experience. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS SERVICE. If I could give them a Negative Star rating I would.

Original review: April 15, 2019

The whole process from start to finish was great. Lee helped me along and was excellent. He was always there to answer any of my questions and was very polite and professional. The process went super smooth and closed on time. We closed an FHA loan in 30 days, which is rare. Usually it is at least 6 weeks. Thank you for all your help! Highly recommend!!!!

Original review: April 13, 2019

We are in our late 60s and needed lots of assistance. We were taken care of very well. Thanks to all involved especially Matthew **. Couldn’t ask for nicer people. They explained paperwork to us and helped getting us all the information we needed to have a successful loan.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Terrible customer service from Carrington. Our previous loan company sold out to Carrington right at the time we were paying off our loan. If I had only known how bad customer service was at Carrington, I would have closed out earlier. Every time you call you get a different answer or find out just a little bit more information. Good example is that we are attempting to get our escrow amount sent to us and after almost 10 days after they say the check was mailed, it still has not arrived. As I said earlier, I would have closed out the account and sent payoff before they assumed the loan if I had any idea how bad the customer service is. I would never consider this company for my business.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Everyone I worked with was great. And the process was fast simple and friendly. The process was straightforward and very easy to complete. Had some hoops to jump through but to be expected. But there was never a hump I could not get over because this group of folks were always working to make sure your needs were meet.

Original review: March 29, 2019

The whole process was very easy and the loan representative was so very professional and very knowledgeable. He really helped with the loan process and had a smooth closing. I would recommend Carrington to all my friends and to anyone that's looking to buy or refinance.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Ms. ** was amazing and extremely helpful and professional. Kept in contact with me all the way the process, making sure I stayed on point with my part. A true blessing to this company and deserves to be recognized.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I got behind in my mortgage and I paid the mortgage up to a zero balance. Two months later they said I owe them 350. I call trying to get a understanding how when I just paid the balance in full. My mortgage suppose to have been 500.00 a month in January 2017. They sent a letter two weeks later saying the mort is now 525.00. Six month later the mortgage went to 600.00. 2018 it went to 650.00. January 2019 it is now 700.00. I am on a fix rate every few months. The mortgage has increased. I have used several companies in past. I never had this experience. When trying to speak to customers service they are rude and always unprofessional. If you call on Saturday morning the customer service rep have no ideas what's going on. You will be put on hold until they close at 12:00 PM. It very frustrating and I would like a professional to look into this company.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Mr. Jacob ** and Ms. Barbara ** are two highly professional individuals. They kept us informed and updated throughout the entire process. I will definitely be recommending them to family and friends. It was their communication that made the loan stress free. Thank you to your team Carrington MS. Raul and Rose

Original review: March 21, 2019

They were so very helpful and very knowledgeable! This was a very special case for me to buy my home and they all came through for me to help me accomplish my goal. There were a lot of after hours and weekend conversations to assist me. I have already recommended them to several people to contact them. They all were truly my guiding light especially my broker Mike **. I now own my parents home that they bought in 1971 and my whole family is so very truly grateful that we get to carry on with their legacy. Thank you so very much!! Donna

Original review: March 19, 2019

If I could rate this business at zero stars, I would... My loan was transferred from Chase and I have never been more dissatisfied. From the horrible customer service to the archaic payment processes, if you are looking to do business with this company, DON'T DO IT! Every year that I have an escrow shortage, I pay it. Historically (with Chase) I could walk into a branch or call and make that payment over the phone and automatically, a new escrow analysis would generate. With this company, they charge you $20 to pay over the phone AND you AS THE CUSTOMER have to request a re-run of your escrow analysis. Better hope it's 15 business days before your automatic payment or they will just take out the pre-payment amount and say 'oh well'!

To boot, every 3-4 weeks I have some mortgage solicitor calling and asking me to refinance my mortgage with them...AFTER I have continuously called their customer service department and requested NO sales calls... I can't make this review any more clear- customer service is non-existent with this so-called mortgage company. Terrible service coupled with inept personnel makes this place the worst mortgage company EVER!

Original review: March 15, 2019

Great & easy experience to get rid of credit card debt. The people we worked were very efficient & a pleasure to deal with. The process was smooth and in a timely fashion. Such a relief with the ease of money being direct deposited into our account and bills paid off in full as soon as it was deposited. thank you Carrington... Especially Rick ** & Christine ** the two we dealt with. They were awesome.

Carrington Mortgage Services Company Information