Carrington Mortgage Services

Compare Harp Loan and Loan Modification Companies

Research top Harp Loan and Loan Modification Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Thank you VA for forcing Carrington Mortgage on us. This is the worst mortgage experience I've endured in over 30 years. Customer service is poor, the website is exasperating with multiple dead ends, they insist on using paper mail (but then change their address with no notification and apparently no attempt to have mail forwarded to the new location), and every action other than basic payment takes lengthy phone calls. They seem especially opposed to early and additional mortgage payments, which is highly suspect. The VA should pull whatever certification it gave Carrington and stop inflicting this lousy company on us. I tried giving less than one star.

My mortgage was sold from BOA to Carrington. My payments immediately went up because they said my escrow analysis from Bank of America was incorrect! When I asked them to explain to me, I was on hold for 30 minutes and told they would mail me a escrow statement of which I am unable to comprehend. I have tried logging on to the site to make payments and the site is always down. So, when I call to make payment they charge me every time even if the site is down. I am behind one month and now I see multiple $20 charges that they state are for someone coming to my house to see if I live there. So I am charged $20 bucks weekly. This is bizarre. I am placed on hold, then told the office in Plano TX is not licensed for NY and transferred again. This is fraud at best!!! I will be contacting the Attorney General's office tomorrow.

First everything said in these reviews is absolutely accurate. Carrington should be closed down immediately. Crooks 100%. My loan was with Chase to Nov. 2016. I never had any problems. I did not have Chase set up for automatic bank drafts and I find it very deceptive trade practices that Carrington helped themselves to my bank account. I put a stop check after the first month and the next month they modified the amount -- an increase of course - and bank drafted again. The bank honored it because the dollar value was different. I NEVER authorized them to ACH bank draft. I closed that account that I had for over 17 years.

Since then Carrington acts like it hasn't received my payments from Wells Fargo online bill pay. Instead they returned my check to me A WELLS FARGO BILL PAY CHECK and told me that I would have to call them -- they require Certified Funds: Western Union Quick Collect, Money Order, Cashier's Check. They had the check in their possession for weeks. They refuse to apply any payments to my account and when you call the message is "they do not accept payments on this account." When you get online you can't pay nor can you access your account. Customer Service is a complete joke -- it is obvious to me that they are trying to force me to either pay exorbitant amounts in late fees and payment processing fees and to push me into foreclosure by saying I haven't paid. Oh but how I have tried to pay these crooks.

In the meantime I am sitting here with the mortgage payments in my hand but they won't accept payments other than via ACH or Certified Funds as if I am the crook -- but I must call them first. I never get through to anyone when I call. As you keep reading you will see what they have done to other people's account freely taking money at their will. A Class Action is definitely warranted here. COUNT ME IN! And like everyone else herein, NO STARS actually negative stars. I pray this place gets closed down!

My dad passed away July 2016. As the one handling my dad's estate, I called Carrington Mortgage to let them know that my dad passed away and that they needed to forward his mail to my address. They ask me to send a copy of his will showing me as executor and his death certificate. I did that the end of August and got the confirmation that they got it. My brothers and I are selling my dad's house and have had it under contract now since October 2016. I have had to extend the closing date now 2 times due to not being able to get the payoff from Carrington. Probate is complete and the property has been placed in my brothers and my name.

I have called Carrington the title company and my attorney has called them trying to get them to release the payoff for the house. Losing my dad was hard enough, without having to battle his mortgage company for something so simple. I am still grieving the loss of my dad and the trouble we are having with them is now going to generate a late fee because I didn't make the pmt thinking they would be paid off already. This now is adding to my stress. I will never say anything good about this company and will advise everyone to avoid them.

Our mortgage was sold to Carrington by BOA. During that time we were having tornado damage fixed. During that time the insurance was sent to them. When the contractor was thru they have yet to send the final check. This has been going on since last year. We have been trying to refinance but they have been evasive about that which has put us behind. They lie oh so much.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carrington Mortgage Services?

My mortgage was sold by Chase to Carrington Mortgage Services and I was informed that Carrington would now handle my mortgage. I contacted Carrington because my February payment was due. The customer service person informed me that I did not have an account number yet and that I would be getting a packet soon. She was all bubbly and happy that I was a new customer.

I finally got their packet and paid my mortgage payment online the day I got the account number. Then I got a bill for two house payments saying I had not paid for February. I called Customer Service and was told she would send an email to that department to let them know my February bill had been paid. I am supposed to think their computer system is not connected so one department does not know what payments have been received by another department. Then today I got one of those debt collector phone calls from Carrington. My March payment was not overdue.

I attempted to get into my online account with Carrington and was totally unable to access any information. According to the system, my username, password, and secret question were all wrong. So I called Customer Service again. Now the problem is that they are having technical difficulties with the online system. According to the reviews, this is a very common response to problems in accessing your account online. I was told a new password would be sent to me via email. I used the new password only to be told it was incorrect. So now I have set up a new password and can finally access my account. The only problem is the account does not show my March payment has been made.

From the moment Carrington took over my loan, it seems like just one ridiculous problem after another. From the numerous bad reviews about this company, it seems someone would have looked into their practices. I hope this is not going to be a continuing problem for me. I would advise caution for anyone considering this company.

Well it started out just the way you all say. I see that you have to send a signed letter right off the bat requesting a monthly statement and whatever mail applying to you. Then they jack your payment for awhile to fill your escrow to gov't allowances. BoA didn't do it. Then just pay on time. I'm glad to escape BoA. They were quite careless with my money and it took months of stress to rectify.

BOA sold my loan to Carrington Mortgage a little over a year ago, and I have been disappointed ever since. I have never experienced such predatory lending since becoming a homeowner. I was laid off Feb. 2016, so I decided to apply for loan modification, I was approved and I started making trial payments in January 2017. When I called February 3, 2017 to make payment number 2. I was informed by two didn't representatives, that I didn't need to make the payment because a previous payment I made in December 2016 was applied to February 2017 payment.

The caller said he was going to add the notes per our conversation for other representatives to view. I called in March 2017 to make my final payment. I got the runaround for about 15 minutes being transferred to various people. I finally got someone, who was very rude. She informed me, my February payment was missing and I no longer had a modification. I explained my story and apparently that held no value. So I spoke to the supervisor on March 3, 2017, she informed me that a representative call me numerous times to clear the mistake.

I only received 2 message from someone named Andrea and when I called back, I was told the same story. No money is due at this time. So I asked the question, "If you have been contacting me about my loan via phone numerous times and I didn't respond, how come no one sent me a letter to my house informing me of the situation/error". Her response was "Carrington Mortgage doesn't have a template that send letters to customers about their account/mortgage".

It made absolutely no sense to me. I'm very disgusted about this situation, and now I'm 4 months behind on my mortgage. She had the nerve to ask me, how do I want to take care of the payments. My response to her was, "if I had the money to pay for the payments that was missed, then why am I asking for a modification." This company doesn't deserve 1 star. This was the second issue, I've had with this company, they truly deserve a class action suit against them. Carrington Mortgage is the worst company to do business with.

I have read numerous reviews about this company. I think they are taking advantage of good people that are trying their damest and struggling to make their mortgage. I called to find out about a mortgage I had with my ex. He never took my name off the mortgage of our home when Carrington took it from BOA. I call them to get info. since I am part owner. They were rude as hell. If my damn name is on the mortgage I have the right to that info. I think this company should be investigated... Please help!!

As all the rest of you Chase sold me out to in Dec. 2016. I've been having trouble with their customer service. Rude, calling my house all times at night and sending certified letters at least 3 times a week and mailing double letters to my house at the same time (I just stopped opening them and told my postman not to bring them to my door. This is harassment and I will not tolerate it). Return to sender really. I think Chase is at fault for this. When you get close to the end of your payments after Many years with them they treat you like low class citizens (Chase). I was also told Carrington was a part of Chase. If so they need to close them down. They're giving Chase a bad name. Only dealt with them for 3 months. They are a sad bunch of people.

I like I have found most of you on here with reviews to have had all the same experience. No welcome letter when was transferred in Dec 2016. They have raised my payment due to "escrow analysis" and put on hold and run around for hours (really just on chat with them for 2 hours) and only thing they tell you to do is fax letters and can't talk to people who actually handle the issues. In fact in my latest chat I did as I was asked and faxed a letter about "fees" being removed and she tells me "oh I see we got it back in December but it was incomplete" but because that department does not take or receive phone calls no one called me about it.

And to top it all off I use an online fax service so I just faxed the same exact file from the server and somehow after doing in Jan and Feb it was "received" in Feb. They are a predatory bank (not that 99% are not) but they like to as they see fit.

Well I have had enough. I have contacted a Lawyer (who I must admit don't much care for Lawyers, I was raised in small town hand shake and your word kind of guy) but I have had enough of their crap. I ask if you have had the same issues please contact them as well... (and again no not a lawyer. I own a small pizzeria in Rochester, NY. I work more than I should to make a living) and tired of being pushed around by these people.

My account was switched over from Bank of America. I sent my check to Carrington with account number on it, etc. They "didn't receive it," according to their people and charged me a really hefty late fee. There is no recourse in a discussion with them. They just automatically say they didn't get the check. Since it was the first month paying after the switch I asked them to waive the fee. I escalated it to management and still no dice. They were rude and ugly. I also ended up paying my bank $130 to stop payment on the check I sent them. It was a check sent from USAA as they have done for me for years and when I went back and checked, I had everything perfectly right on the check. It's a scam on their part for sure so be aware of it. If they say they didn't get your check you get zapped. I have a 830 credit score so I am obviously not in the business of sending checks late or not at all.

I have been so angry all week and I feel I have no recourse. Does anyone know how to get away from them? Now I have to manually go to their website every month and have the money directly deducted from my account which is a real inconvenience. Believe me, I don't want them automatically drawing money off my account. They are rude and difficult to work with. Any suggestions?

I've been with this company for about 6 months now. I was scared at first due to all the negative reviews. My experience with this company has been wonderful. I get great customer service, I'm successful with making monthly payments and I never have an issue with speaking with a customer service rep. I would like to say thank you Carrington and continue to provide quality service.

Carrington has owned my mortgage note for 3 months. So far my mortgage has been screwed up every month... have to call spend a hour on phone. Many promises get made. Carrington fails on almost everything. Then next month call again... listen to customer service rep tell me "I don't understand why you are upset." My mortgage payment goes up, explanation given. This unexpected increase is to protect me from a "possible" unexpected increase.

Cannot someone explain to me the sense of increasing my payment unexpectedly to protect me from a possible increase. So I send extra payment to cover this increase so my payment remains the same... wait wait... my payment goes up anyways. Another call to Carrington. Another "I don't know why you're upset." Try to log into payment site... wait, wait. None of my passwords, security questions, social security number work. Another call to Carrington. Another "Why are you upset?" Really... If this company approaches you. I suggest you turn and run. Worst mortgage services EVER.

So when I signed in online to pay our home loan, I was really happy to see that I owed nothing. But I know I did not make a payment yet this month. The box for entering the payment amount was grayed to prevent me from manually entering the amount so I ended up on the phone trying to pay. Unfortunately it's like navigating the labyrinth to find a human being to speak to. I gave up and ended up trying to pay over the phone. In the end I was charged five dollars for the convenience. I know it's only five dollars, I will survive. But I came away from this thinking, this company is awful. Bank of America was never this bad.

I cannot begin to express how poor the website is... When you click "Make a Payment" it goes to a screen that says something like "Sorry, your request cannot be processed at this time". On that screen you have to click another "Make a payment" button from the bottom left. This will bring you to a screen with another "Make a Payment" button. This button works, finally. WTF?

Another huge problem I have with the website is the password policy. They force you to change passwords. This is something I log into once a month... and you can't use one of your previous TWENTY FOUR passwords. So now it is nothing close to any of my personal default pws, and I end up having to change it almost monthly just so I can log in.

Finally, the website seems to be experiencing an unscheduled outage (at least unannounced, as I don't have an email warning me) this morning. So I can't even find out how much principal was paid in the last payment. But hey, it's Sunday morning, and I'm already on the internet... I guess I'll write a review. Suck it, Carrington.

I logged online to my Chase account to pay my mortgage & the site said I didn't have an account. I called & found out they sold it to Carrington so I called Carrington to pay them. They won't take my money because they said I'm in the transfer stage & to look out for the welcome packet, they said may account was transferred to them as of Feb.

I recently switched from a job that pays weekly to 1 that pays monthly so I was attempting to pay 2 months (Chase was aware of the job change & notated my account that a double payment was scheduled for Feb). I'm getting concerned. Whenever a company declines to take your money, there is problem. So far I've been with Carrington 10 days & have no clue what the hell is going on, have no welcome packet & no way to pay my mortgage; but if they send me a foreclosure letter then I'll be the guy in the wrong legally. These guys suck, but I'm stuck with them.

Myself like all the others had my mortgage sold to Carrington Mortgage. Once I got the new account number I made my payment which took 3-4 days to be posted to my account. When I called to inquire how this can be done quicker, she stated the only way it could be done quicker would be to do the automatic deduction from my account. I knew that wasn't going to happen and informed them of such. Two months later my payment went up $100.00. When I called I was told it was the cost of living. I accepted that ** reason until it went up again $200... This time I was told it went up because I didn't pay my escrow bill. When told I never to the escrow bill, I was told that's my problem. I needed to check with the post office AND "No one pays their escrow anyway so we didn't think anything of it." I couldn't believe it!!!

I finally found out the amount for escrow. I paid it by mail. I mailed in the escrow and my monthly payment at the same time in 2 separate envelopes because they each went to different addresses. The monthly payment was received but not the escrow. Once again I was told to check with the post office. Everything I put in the mail that day was addresses/taken care of EXCEPT the escrow. Carrington has problems. I was finally tired of dealing with such incompetency that I took a loan to get rid of them. I asked for a payoff, that took 2 weeks. When I finally got it, it had a payoff date for 2 years AND a $500... late fee. It looked like I had to pay extra for paying loan off early. When I questioned it I was told by one person "If that is what it says you have to pay, then that's what you pay". I was not happy with that statement. I just hung up because I knew I was going to stoop to her level and I didn't want to do that.

I called back (of course I got someone different) who stated the amount was incorrect, wouldn't/couldn't tell me any specifics. I had to call back in one week which I did and that person had no idea what I was talking about. He had their copy of the form that was sent to me. He also stated something was wrong BUT was able to tell me the problems. He had to send it to the supervisor. They must have all agreed it was incorrect because I received another payoff amount without requesting it (imagine that). I paid the balance from the loan I had taken. When asked how long it would take to get the amount owed to me, she said she had no idea. I then asked "when I owe you money, you get nasty, rude, blow up the phone to get your payment but now you owe me money and you have no idea how long it takes. I'm sure you have no idea how stupid that sounds but I'm going to hold on while you ask someone. I would like an answer TODAY."

I probably should have been nicer about it but my tolerance of the company was very thin. I got my answer and then told her that I would like a letter stating the loan was paid in full and whatever other paperwork I'm suppose to get. I wanted all this within that 30 day period of time. I stated I will be calling on day 31 and will be just as rude to them as they have been to me during the time they had my loan. Told her I talked to them more in 4 months than I talked to the other company in 15 years.

I also told them they should read the reviews on BBB, that they are not even close to being good. Not one person had something nice to say. Every one that I read was a complaint. That is not good. I was able to get rid of them. They are the worse company ever. If your mortgage is sold to them, I suggest you refinance with someone else. Carrington Mortgage is an awful company. They should be reported to whomever can dissolve them. Oh, I had to give a rating 1 star to be able to continue. It should be no star/0 rating. They don't deserve and should not get anything.

Slab Leak December 27th, Garland Texas, paperwork submitted three times and insurance checks have been paid. However a month of calling, every week, to hear 7-14 days for the approval dept, call back again and again, only to hear, "You don't have all the paperwork and you must use a contractor. We need more affidavits to send you a check and it will be 7-14 days for approval." Ask for supervisor 2-3 day call back on response time. Do you see where I'm going with this? NO MONEY! Filed a complaint Consumer Financial Protection Bureau because I'm done!!! We are not trying to skip town; my wife and I would just like to put our house back together with the insurance money!

If I could give NEGATIVE STARS I would. I cannot begin to explain ALL the problems I have had with Carrington since Chase sold my mortgage in November 2016. I'll make it simple for everyone. If I wrote the full details of the issues it will turn into a book! First payment due, 12/1/2016. Never received a letter or had any indication in my online account that I was setup with Autopayment. I made a mortgage payment on MONDAY 11/28/2016. Received letter on SATURDAY 12/3/2016 that on THURSDAY 12/1/2016 my mortgage payment would be auto-debited. Note, that is TWO mortgage payments in one week. AFTER both payments are made my online account stated that the next payment was due on 2/1/2017. They appear to acknowledge the double payment, so they will skip a payment in January.

On Friday 12/30/2016, escrow analysis is posted online with an escrow shortage. On Tuesday 1/3/2017 I make the escrow shortage payment online WITH the rep on the phone. She puts in a request for the funds to be applied towards escrow. On 1/1/2017, I was auto-debited AGAIN another mortgage payment, although they said the next payment was 2/1/2017. I called and LUCKILY received a refund check within 2 weeks. Two weeks after escrow shortage was PAID, my online account said the funds were applied towards the PRINCIPAL NOT ESCROW. Which means in two weeks my mortgage payment is going up almost $100. I called for two weeks, spoke with different reps, sups and departments, no one could give me an answer as to when the funds would be transferred to escrow and new escrow analysis would be complete.

On 1/31/2017, I made one last effort to RAISE HELL to have the funds and escrow analysis completed before the mortgage payment was due on 2/1/2017. Supervisor said he'd do everything possible to have it done by end of day 1/31/2017. He called at the end of the day to confirm everything was complete and informed me of the new mortgage amount. I confirmed online and it did in fact reflect the correct amount. GREAT!

On 2/1/2017, I checked my online BANK Account and to my lovely surprise I was auto-debited the incorrect amount!!! It was if I NEVER paid the ESCROW SHORTAGE. I Called Carrington who said there was NOTHING THEY COULD DO. They could NOT refund me the difference, they can ONLY refund me the FULL mortgage payment amount which means I would be reported to the credit bureau for a LATE PAYMENT. The supervisor said the ONLY thing I could do was to provide them with a copy of front/back of the check and copy of bank statement... Now, let's think about this; she wants a copy of a check...???!! THE PAYMENT WAS AUTO-DEBITED!!! WHAT CHECK IS THERE TO SHOW???!!! This company are a bunch of thieves and take your money and do as they please with it!!! Run from this P.O.S. company!!! From day one I've had issues with them and I've only been with them since November 2016!!!

I wish I can do 0 star, as other reviews here I see I'm not the only one experiencing same situation. BOA sold my account to this company and is the worst customer service ever. Representative have no customer service skills and even if they have to say no to your request there are so many ways to explain the customer why the answer is no, not just saying a plain NO. Educate customer about policies and procedures and reason you are not able to grant what customer is requesting.

And this review is based in the only 2 calls that I have made to them... So I do believe they all need a customer service training so they can become more effective... English is my second language but my experience with customer service is over 25 yrs customer service management and sales... I am very disappointed that BOA sold my account to this company. I have been a BOA customer for so long and I'm still a customer with excellent credit and I have no complains with BOA. This company should invest on their personnel providing them with the tools to be more efficient, professional, enthusiastic, courteous and polite with customers.

Simply the worst. I can't believe that haven't been investigated for fraud. I have experienced almost all of the above complaints in the 10+ years since I refinanced with them. Awful, incompetent, dishonest.

November of 2016, Bank Of America notifies me that they have sold my mortgage to Carrington, which will be handling the account as of December 2nd. I call B of A to confirm the info & payment requirements. I am informed that I and my mortgage are in a 60 day grace period, and there will be no penalties for late payments during that time. I wait for the letter from Carrington. Letter arrives December 16th, the day before my payment would be considered late if I were not in a grace period. I go online & pretty easily set up my online account and make the first payment to Carrington. At that time, I also learn that Carrington gives me until the 16th of each month to make my payment before a late fee is applied. It took them 3 business days to finally take the payment.

Fast forward to January 9th, 2017. A member of Carrington's staff calls my wife and starts demanding immediate payment or she will begin foreclosure proceedings. I get a call from my stressed out wife. I leave work to come home and call Carrington. I spoke with a very nice lady (Curcinna) who assured me that my payment would not be considered late until the 17th. I made her repeat the statement to me 2x and asked her to put comments in my account to the effect of our conversation. I then ask her to find out who called my wife with the heavy handed language & threats. She was unable to do so, and she was completely confused why anyone would have called us considering that we were still in the "grace period" after loan transfer. I end the call, confident that this was a one time screw up.

The following week I receive a letter from Carrington about our allegedly "late" payment & that they will not hesitate to foreclose on us. In the same letter, were the facts that the payment is due on the first and it is not considered late until after the 16th. CONTRADICTION IN THEIR OWN LETTER! I went online on the 13th & made payment for January 2017. It took Carrington until the 17th to finally take the money from my Bank of America account! Do these people not have computers and an internet connection? I can upload a video to YouTube & have it up in under an hour. I will be seeking re-fi with my credit union and happily rid myself of Carrington's strongarm methods. Why hasn't the feds shut these clowns down?

Citibank sold my mortgage to Carrington Mortgage Service February 2016. They notified me about one month prior and advised me that Carrington will contact me with acct. no. information. They assured me the terms of my loan and the monthly payments will be the same. I sent my February payment to Citi, since I had yet to hear from Carrington. Citi transferred the payment to Carrington. Finally, Carrington sent me the expected letter, however, the monthly payment was approximately $30 more. I promptly called, and was advised that the difference was mortgage insurance. I insisted that I am not assessed that fee. After five days, I followed up, and it was finally resolved -- had to insist that I get the proper amount in writing.

Now I am refinancing my loan with my bank. I just got notified by my new lender that the principal payoff amount is actually more than $1000 more than the payoff amount in October! The lender recommended that I contact Carrington, because there is no way my principal amount should be more in January than in October. I followed through with Carrington and have been bounced around. The rep said he had no idea, maybe my escrow account. I said, "no". My real estate taxes were paid in December 2016 for the tax year 2017 (and that is only $500). My homeowner's insurance was paid up in May 2016. I changed insurance companies! Now I have been referred to "Research Department", however, must fax my inquiry and provide "proof" that they have overcharged me. Looking at the feedback on this company, I smell "class action".

I am trying to get on disability, as I am no longer able to work. My husband does not make enough money to cover all of the bills but we've been surviving. We got behind on our payment (two months) and when I called and offered to make one month's payment, I was told that I could not do that, that they needed the whole amount. Then we got a notice from the court for foreclosure. We borrowed enough to reinstate the loan and bring us back to $0. That was on November 22, 2016.

We just got another letter of Notice of Intent to Foreclose saying that we owe almost $4000! I called and the woman I spoke with was EXTREMELY RUDE! She said that OBVIOUSLY we don't have enough money to keep our house so she was just going to send us the paperwork to liquidate the property. I lost it! She had no idea why there were so many "extra fees" on our bill (our payment is only $700). We are being FORCED to pay these fees that no one can identify! What else can we do?

My loan too was sold to Carrington mortgage without me knowing it. I miss Dec. 2016 payment, received a foreclosure notice as of Jan. of 2017. Since Jan. 2017 I have made three payment. This company sucks. I never had any problem with Bank of America in the 15 years I been with them!

Our home loan got turned over to this company from BOA. They are by far the worse loan company I have ever been involved in. I honestly don't think anyone communicates with one another in this company and the continuous calls one after another. They sent us a payment coupon of 3556.28 at the end of December which also included January payment. We paid this amount in full in January. We just got Febuary payment coupon and they are saying we owe 2055.98.

Of the 3556.28 we sent, they only applied 1500.00! And of course the phone calls and foreclosure letters coming in. They claim they never receive the money but yet it has cleared my bank account. Every year we would always get an escrow check but never once with this company. I honestly think they make up stuff to have people pay more and they withhold the escrow checks. I wouldn't wish this company on my worse enemy!

Carrington purchase my parents mortgage last year 2016. They never sent a "welcome letter" until 90 days after they asked over the phone to pay them or they will fall behind on their mortgage and lose their home, but because the payment increase significantly my parents wanted to see the changes in writing. On the phone CMS said their Mortgage interest rate increase to 7%, which was impossible for them to pay because they are retired on a fixed budget.

In Nov 2016 they had to refinance because the payment was too high and they could not afford it. The mortgage broker sent confirmation fax numerous times to CMS requesting information to close their modification with a new mortgage company. CMS said they never received the documents, it took weeks for them to actual confirm receipt of documents and then said it will take 5 business days to complete and get back. The mortgage broker ask to at least confirm over the phone with my parents that all payments were made on time because they did not report anything to the credit bureaus since they had the loan. They said no, they won't even confirm over the phone with my parents any information and they will have to wait 5 days for the documents to return.

When the documents were return in 5 days my parents were advise to call CMS and tell them they will report them to the CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Board http://www.consumerfinance.gov/) and then they sent the information right away. This company is very unprofessional and violated my parents consumers rights. My parents are closing on their modification tomorrow but will be reporting CMS to the CFPB immediately! I advise everyone else to do so also to stop them for taking advantage of consumers.

Chase sold my mortgage to Carrington Mortgage Services. Chase refused to take my Nov payment because they were in the process of selling to Carrington. I placed a call to Carrington to set up payment because I didn't want it to be late. Carrington told me they were still working on the turnover on the 15th of Nov and to just send the payment on the first of Dec. I used my bank's bill pay system like I have done for every payment I have made in the last 8 years. They sent payment on the first for Nov. On the 2nd of Dec I sent another payment for the month of Dec. On Jan 1 I sent a payment for Jan.

YESTERDAY Jan 10, I received a certified letter that they had received the Dec 1 and Dec 2 checks. The money is not in my account. The letter was in Spanish, and informed me that foreclosure proceedings would start on Jan 12th if not resolved. I have spent over 2 hours on the phone trying to clear this up, and nobody will call me back for an update. Should I hire a Lawyer? I sent them bank statements and tracking info to show the payments were received. Still no word.

Carrington owes us $1043.74 from our escrow. We refinanced with another company in October 2016. Loan was paid off November 1, 2016. We informed them that the new mortgage company was paying the taxes. They waited until November 15th to send in a check to the treasurer's office which is after we contacted them about owing us money from escrow. The treasurer's office refunded the money back to them on December 9, 2016. Today we are told that Carrington received the money back on December 29, 2016 but has not processed it yet. They state that the funds now goes back into escrow then a check will be issued to us. I explained we no longer have an escrow account as the loan has been paid but they stated this is how they do business. They cannot give a date as to when we can expect to receive our money either. We are going to seek legal counsel if we don't receive our funds back by January 19, 2017.

Carrington Mortgage Services Company Profile