Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options
3.67/5

Carrington Mortgage Services

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

Carrington Mortgage Services Reviews

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I had experienced a divorce and the home was awarded to me. My current loan was being serviced Carrington MS and they were my first choice to refinance based on prior experience. My initial contact was with my loan officer Ben ** who was knowledgeable, informative and helpful. As I progressed through the application process, we experienced many hurdles related to refinancing after a divorce. Ben was incredibly patient, helpful and took the time to ensure that I understood my rights as well as the "next steps". I am convinced that I could not have completed the process without his assistance and guidance as there were many days during which I sent multiple emails requesting clarification and he always responded in a timely and respectful manner. I am very satisfied with all the departments that interacted with during the refinance process.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Brandon ** provided me with excellent customer service during the refinancing of my mortgage. He was not only professional but also very polite and friendly with me in every interaction. He was very proactive in getting the process moving and keeping everything flowing. He was willing to step in and assist me even when his part of the process was complete!! When I had a family emergency, he kept the lines of communication flowing so that I was able to take advantage of the opportunity to refinance. I never once felt pressured by him. I really appreciate Brandon's help and his prompt responsiveness to all of my questions! Carrington Mortgage is very fortunate to have an employee of the quality and caliber of Brandon ** working there.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Modification Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2019

Thankful that Carrington reached out to me to lower my interest rates. Initially when I got my mortgage my credit was less than perfect and my interest was pretty high however my credit score improved over the years and that’s when Brandon from Carrington reached out to me. He explained everything in detail and gave me his office contact and cell phone number just in case I had other questions. Being able to text him when I was working was great way for me to communicate so minor details. Closing was done where and when I wanted. I really appreciate how effortless this process was and my refinance rate is low enough that can pay off my loan faster than I anticipated!!!

Original review: March 12, 2019

I am skeptical by nature. But working with Gregory ** was a good experience. He helped us secure a great rate with little cost to us. Carrington picked up almost all costs associated with the mortgage. Further we were able to close quickly. Thank you Carrington and Gregory **. I also wanted to mention that after the loan closed, I needed to set up an automatic payment plan and was able to do that online. I had trouble because my closing loan number was not the same as my Carrington loan number, but their customer service rep was able to walk me through the procedure. So, I would recommend Carrington to my friends and anyone looking to get a professional mortgage deal.

Original review: March 12, 2019

From the first day I contacted this company to the last they were nothing shy of supportive, helpful, informative and amazing. They walked me through each step and told me exactly what I needed to do to get my loan. I don’t have great credit but they helped me air it better to be approved. Told me exactly what I needed to do to improve my score. Glen was an awesome loan officer who answered the million questions I had with no issues at all. He was very quick to respond too. This lender made a dream come true and helped me be able to purchase my first home. I would recommend them to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carrington Mortgage Services?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

These guys keep asking me to prove that I have insurance. I have sent proof in multiple times and they reject the Accord documentation I send them that shows more than adequate coverage. They are double-charging me for insurance that I don't need and when you call the number on their paperwork you can't get through to a real person. This is such an unbelievable waste of time and energy and I fear that the only way to get away from this company is to sell the building. If I had three thumbs they would all point down. And btw, nobody wants to listen to the same 3 stanzas of some Italian song from the 1970's over and over and over while you're on hold for a half hour.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I have a loan with this company. I want to sue for mental stress. Looking for a lawyer in Florida to sue for forceplace insurance 3 times within 5 years, ruining my credit and neglecting the loan, this company is a fraud and has 2 suits, one 2018 in progress, about force place insurances. Don’t do business or refinances with this bank. Will be a costly regret. Someone can recommend lawyer about my case.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

On October 11th I made an online payment. This payment was the exact amount to pay off the late fees I had and October's payment. I previously was in touch with Carrington multiple times regarding paying off this loan as we are refinancing through another bank. I was told the payment online would be applied to October first and then late fees. Instead the funds were applied to October's payment, November's payment and the leftover applied to the late fees.

I called later that afternoon on October 11 and talked to customer service. They assured me that it would be a maximum of 5 days to correct this. They told me to call back Monday and check. I did that. Told to call again tomorrow or Wednesday. I called Wednesday. No results. I called again Thursday. No results. Called again Friday which is now one week or 5 business days from original payment. I was now told there was an error and the reallocation of funds was denied. I was told the error was how it was written up by the original person looking into this for me. Now I'm told it will be another 5 days. Well, now it's been 5 more days and I asked for a supervisor, she told me it is something that takes 15 business days. No idea why at least 10 other reps told me 5 or less days.

I am waiting now and meanwhile I have had to pay 2 rate lock extension fees for my new loan. I have called Carrington at least 10-15 times over the last 2 weeks to look into this. Sat on hold probably a total of an hour or more, because of their error. I even offered to pay the late fees but was told by supervisor I would have to mail it in to cashiering Dept and request it to go to the late fees. May take 5-7 business days to apply. I am so frustrated and stressed out by this bank's mistake and horrible inaccurate information. I would never recommend anyone do business with them.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

Keep in mind that this company is in business by purchasing non performing loans or at least a history of them from other bigger banks. Ours was sold from Bastards of America to these CarelessCarrington operation. They sell it to get it off their rolls. Most banks sell because the loan is holding back stock prices or other financial streams that make the bank more money. Carrington, who is essentially a debt collector buys the loan, who in the hopes that you can't pay your mortgage will eventually foreclose and usually make the bank one hell of a profit. Especially if it's an FHA or government backed loan.

This company, Carrington is in the business of foreclosures. They prey on the people who live paycheck to paycheck in the hopes you'll miss a payment. They will go through the "motions" to make you think they are helping you but they aren't. One missed payment leads to a barrage of mailings and calls, along with people at your door with no ID and your personal information thrown about haphazardly for anyone to get. They don't care. They operate just within the boundaries of the law and they know it.

We live, like most, primarily paycheck to paycheck with a few extra bucks in the bank. We missed a payment due to a direct deposit issue and new account opening. We called to explain and understood we would have additional fees but there was nothing we could do. They seemed to understand and ok with it. We paid the amount due when we could but it was towards the end of the month with the new payment close on the heels. When we didn't pay the next payment by the 1st (mind you we have a grace period) the mailing and calls started everyday, all day. It finally culminated with an arrogant man at the front door with no ID demanding to speak to the homeowner. When told he didn't live here as it was a rental he demanded the tenants provide information where to find him. He wouldn't leave.

At this point the tenant demanded ID and he refused, all the while saying it was a personal matter and he could not discuss it. OK, that's great but if you can't and won't discuss it with someone who isn't who you are looking for that's fine but if you won't show ID or any other form of ID why are you here demanding the same? Hmmm yeah I don't think so. He was escorted off the property via our dog and our Glock. He has not returned.

Please stay as far away from these people if possible. If you have the unfortunate mortgage deal like we did where it was sold and you have no choice, pay the mortgage... just pay it! Not that you shouldn't but things happen and circumstances change. I get it. Maybe your direct deposit didn't go through on the right day or whatever but keep these guys at bay and do what you must. They WILL NOT WORK WITH YOU, no matter what they say. The customer service center reps and the loss mitigation people are just robots with no care for anyone no matter what they tell you. Refinance, or try to pay it off sooner or just try and pay what you owe. These and many more like it have no conscience. Stay away.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Our mortgage servicing was transferred to Carrington in 2017 after 16 years with Citifinancial. We had some difficulty in the beginning of the transition but I *thought* it was behind us. Fast forward to August 2019. We shut off autopay because we were in the process of refinancing. Well.. our closing date got delayed. So I went online to pay our monthly mortgage to Carrington. Website wouldn’t allow me to schedule the payment because we supposedly owed over $5k in "uncollected interest and fees!" I called customer service to find out what this is all about since the mortgage has ALWAYS been on autopay from the day we closed on our Citifinancial loan.

After being on the phone for over an hour all the customer service rep could tell me is that we had uncollected interest and fees that transferred over with our mortgage. Which is a load of crap bc as I said the loan has always been on autopay. Never late.. Never missed a payment. Never modified. Thankfully I save EVERYTHING and I was able to pull mortgage statements, bank statements, etc. that clearly show that when the loan transferred. My first couple of payments went into some sort of a black hole (my bank statements show payments to carrington - but their records don’t show the payments being applied).

I’ve forwarded all the documentation to Carrington’s so called research dept. and courtesy copied the NH Banking Dept. under a “qualified request” subject to RESPA and other federal laws and regs... still waiting for resolution. In the meantime I discovered through poking around on their site.. that they have been applying ALL of our payments to interest only and that our payoff simply continues to rise. I estimate that they owe us almost $10k.

Sidebar. NONE of my mortgage statements from Carrington over the last two years show ANY amount as being past due or uncollected nor we have never received any kind of letter or notification from Carrington indicating that we owe uncollected fees and interest. Even our credit report shows that we have never been late and that all our payments have been made on time. However.. our credit report does show that payments didn’t start until November 2017 even though I have documented proof that I made payments in September and October 2017.

So in short.. these jerks have been misapplying payments from the beginning which in turn has resulted in “uncollected fees and interest” compounding and building in the background unbeknownst to us bc all of our statements show our monthly autopay with no other info and we would not have known that anything was amiss if it weren’t for the fact that we were refinancing.

We ended up moving forward with the refi with the payment to Carrington documented as “under protest.” The Banking Dept. attorney has advised that it will all get sorted out and that we will get our money back but that it would take some time. Oh and btw, we have a letter from Carrington conceding that they screwed up, and now the refund that is owed to us has been sitting in escrow for almost a month! I had to contact them today to demand MY money! I have an attorney who is ready to file suit if they don't get this issue resolved. In short, stay away from Carrington! But if your loan gets transferred to the, document EVERYTHING and KNOW YOUR RIGHTS UNDER RESPA! I'm confident this was my saving grace. I can’t even believe that this is real life.

Carrington Mortgage Services Company Information