Carrington Mortgage Services

Compare Harp Loan and Loan Modification Companies

Research top Harp Loan and Loan Modification Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My Bank of America (BOA) Mortgage loan was sold out to Carrington Mortgage back in December 2016. I had not received any notification from either lender about the transaction. I discovered this when I went online to pay on my BOA credit card account and noticed that my Mortgage account was no longer showing under my active accounts. I searched the entire BOA website to find any trace of my mortgage account, to no avail. In not seeing the Mortgage account, I called BOA to inquire as to where my Mortgage account had gone and asked if they might be experiencing some IT technical difficulties. I could not locate ANY information, past history, or present, that had anything to do with my home loan I had with them.

It was at that time that I was made aware that my account had been sold to Carrington Mortgage. I asked BOA if they could provide me with contact information for Carrington Mortgage and also requested an account number that could be associated with the transfer. I had semi-monthly auto payments set up with BOA and asked them what had become of the funds pending that would make up the 1st half of my next scheduled payment. I needed those funds so that I could make payment in full with the new lender when the second half of my payment became due a few days later. They told me that the funds were transferred to Carrington with the loan.

Where I had the payments set up with BOA to pull out ahead of schedule so there would never be an accidental past due or late hit against my account, somehow, the second half of my payment that should have gone to paying the scheduled payment for the 1st of the next month, was now the deadline for my payment of the current month going past due??? This was mind boggling to me.

When I got in touch with Carrington to arrange making my payment, they said that they were only showing a partial payment and informed me that it could not be applied to the loan unless they charged me a service fee for the transaction. I explained that I would make the 2nd portion of the payment, so they would not have to take a partial. Still they said they couldn't accept even a portion of a payment through their pay options without charging a premium fee.

I then asked her to check to see if the fee could be waived, given the circumstances behind the way the loan was transferred. I didn't have as much of a problem in paying the service fee, as I did in the way my loan had been handled. I felt that I should not be penalized for the lack of organization in the way my account had been acquired; especially since I had not even been notified at that point. She said that she would have the supervisor call me with an answer and insisted that I still had 60 days before there was any threat of the account being hit with past due or late fees.

I spoke with another CSR the next day, asking more questions, and trying to get my payment in timely. She explained to me that I should not be worried about submitting the payment online, and suggested I just mail in the 2nd portion. This rep reiterated that I had 60 days before anything would count as past due or late. I still had 2 days left to make my payment, and I had not even let my account go past due while trying to figure out a way to avoid additional fees that I should not have been subjected to, when a letter FINALLY arrived from Carrington informing me that my loan had been sold by BOA and that they would be servicing the loan... AMBIGUOUS is an understatement!!!

The letter showed December in the date at the heading of the letter, and then in the body of the letter; they stated that BOA had sold my loan to them in October 2016. ALSO, I received a letter of default on the mortgage demanding payment while threatening collection activity and foreclosure. I was LIVID. I knew for a fact that I had continued to make payments to BOA through December and I was diligently working to make sure my payment did not even go past due for the current month (not even accounting for the 60 days grace period), let alone into default.

I was beginning to get REALLY BAD VIBES about the whole situation, so I called Carrington again, and told them that I would make a full payment through the ACH "AND" pay their fee just to get things under control. I also asked them to hold the partial payment that was sitting online, so that things would get squared away when I set up auto-payments. The lady assured me that the letter should never have been sent because of the 60 day grace. When I asked her about the back-date of October, she said not to worry about it. Damn straight I am going to worry about this!!! This is my home and I have never missed a single payment and have never even been late; a letter of default??? I wanted to go off on her, but refrained. I've invested my entire life into this home and have 6 years left to pay on it in 5 years I reach retirement age and would like to be able to take advantage of it when my time comes.

The rep mailed out a letter with their routing information so that I could take it to BOA and set up auto-payments through them. I faxed Carrington the letter provided by BOA that listed the account information needed and the authorization for Carrington to auto-debit my account. I double checked all account and routing numbers for accuracy before I faxed the authorization form back, because Carrington very vividly states that they are not responsible for incorrect routing or banking account numbers and will penalize if numbers are not correct and they have to bounce the payment back. I faxed the document so that there would be a digital footprint to show that all numbers were entered correctly. They had told me that it would take a few weeks, so advised me to continue making manual payments until auto pay was adequately set up.

When I went to make my next payment, the partial payment funds were GONE. I called them again and asked what had happened to the partial payment. They said they didn't know what it was for, so they applied the extra funds towards principle. Although I had talked to MULTIPLE people ranging from reps to supervisors, where I had documented names, times, and dates of the conversations, apparently no notes were made on the account to show the funds were designated for the next payment.

I demanded to speak with a supervisor, who told me the funds would be moved back into pending so that I could use them when making my next full payment due in another few days. We've already been going back and forth by this time for a couple of months with NOTHING but headaches and struggles to keep them from botching up my credit with their incompetence or deliberate mishandling of my account. The supervisor said they would remedy the error, and not to worry about making the payment up.

2 to 3 days passed and the adjustment still had not been made. I'm on the phone again. This time, the supervisor was not available. The payment would be due again the next day. Not to take their word on ANYTHING, because I do not feel they are to be trusted; I made another payment in full through the ACH. The people that I did talk to, when I asked them if they had got my fax for auto-pay, they said yes and gave me the day where it was supposed to begin drafting.

I watched the Carrington website like a hawk, and waited to see how they handled the auto-pay once it went into effect. The payment first posted on Carrington, but when I checked my account with BOA, nothing showed as pending or posted. I called BOA and asked them if they had anything hanging out there for Carrington and they said no. I called Carrington a couple days later when it began getting closer to the due date, and they told me that they payment did not go through; saying I had provided them the wrong account numbers. I told them that I was sitting there looking at the FAXED document that I could provide digital copies of the transmission of it, and told them I was beginning to grow weary with all of the mishandling going on with my account. Again, they told me that they would get it fixed, not to worry.

By this time, I'm telling them that if I have to continue chasing after this just to make a payment, that the next phone call will be by an attorney. Still, yet another time I had to used the Pay Online option to make a full payment. They are announcing currently on their website that their Payment Option fees will be going up May 1st and strongly encourage all members to take advantage of their automatic payment feature.

The gentleman I spoke with last had said there was a digit missing off of the bank routing number, and I told him that it was definitely an error on input, and encouraged him to look at the actual fax. Told him that if he couldn't find it; I would happily send him a copy of it. Anyway, he seemed to be concerned and appeared to exhaust a lot of effort in the two of us getting the Auto-Pay set up correctly. I took screenshots of EVERYTHING, including the bank routing and account numbers, my agreement to terms, and the dates and amounts the account was to be drafted. I also took a screenshot of the confirmation and date where is said the auto-pay had been successfully set up and the next scheduled dates for draft would be Apr 1, 2017 and Apr 15, 2017.

The auto draft for Apr 1 didn't pull and when I went to the CMS website this morning, there was NOTHING showing as having any auto-payments set up. I made another ACH payment in full today and paid their fee again. I'm waiting to see if they go to pull the auto-draft out on the 15th now; doubt that will happen with no data under scheduled payments. I am ALL FOR A CLASS ACTION Lawsuit, and I think that many of you out here have been experiencing a lot of the same frustrations and grief.

Where do I begin... I had an insurance claim with my insurance company no less back in October 2016. January 2017 this idiot mortgage company took over and stated that they could not release any checks because they would be monitoring the claim. After countless paperwork back and forth they still have yet to get it right. My kitchen is falling apart and no one over there cares. Everyone I call a new idiot gets on the phone to express yet another paper that they need or are missing. I have been paying my insurance every month and because I went through a modification with this idiot mortgage company they stated they need to monitor my money. Really?

After countless paperwork signed off by Home Depot to release the cabinet order they sent me the check in the wrong person's name. I am stuck and can't get no reprieve from Carrington. They are trying to see if they will release a new check to Home Depot. Key word "see" my kitchen cabinets are warped being repair and this mortgage company won't release funds that are mine from the insurance company. The insurance company and this mortgage company should be called dumb and dumber. Every time I call them I flare up. My Fibromyalgia and scoliosis kicks in. I have already slipped and fell in my kitchen due to the extensive water damage I had and they going to "see" if they can release my Freaking money.

This company is a pure joke. If I knew then what I know now I would have not signed off with them. They are the worse. Universal Casualty is also named the worse 10 companies in the state of FL. Carrington Mortgage is right there neck and neck with them. Customer Service reps have no idea what they doing and haven't been trained properly. They leave you on hold then come back to give you more bad answers that make no sense. This company has no clue how to handle a insurance claim and are even more worse when it comes to giving the correct answers. They are rated 0 stars. If I could swap out mortgages I would.

I am only giving Carrington Mortgage a 1 because 0 is not an option. My mortgage was sold to Carrington by Chase. I was with Chase for 6 years when I needed to modify my loan due to a 250.00 increase in my payment. After I was approved for the modification & told by Chase they would tack on the difference to the end of my loan, they sold me out to this evil company. I got a letter stating that if I did not pay back all the "late" payments (the difference in the modified amount) they were starting foreclosure process. This gave me about 2 weeks to come up with over 2k.

After paying that amount and putting 432.00 in an escrow account (because I knew that was going to be their next move) they still claim a escrow shortage and raised my monthly payments from 809.79 (they were 670.70 with Chase) to 853.00. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!! They will lie and cheat you until you are forced into foreclosure. AND IF you modify your loan with your mortgage company, they will sell you to another company like Carrington who specializes in stealing people’s homes. BEWARE of Carrington, they are NOT a Mortgage company, they are a debt collector.

I was set on fire 6/1/16 by my daughter's father. I was in a coma for 14 days. My family tried to call and pay on my account but because they were not authorized to do so they would not let them. I woke up on June 14th. I attempted to pay the note on that day but the site was down and it was too late to call them. I called the next day to pay. They had applied the late fee. I asked would it be possible to remove it due to my current condition. They said no. We paid the late fee.

I was receiving long-term disability which is only 60% of my pay. I fell behind on the mortgage because of this. I spoke with customer service and they did not help me with any solutions. They have since put me into foreclosure on 3/28/17. One week before they sent me modification paperwork, which I filled out and sent it express mail. I heard from them today and they are still requesting more information from me. This has to stop. We all need to come together and figure out how to handle this unprofessional company.

My mortgage was sold to Carrington MS in late 2016 and I've had nothing but trouble ever since. They increased my mortgage due to an escrow shortage. I paid the escrow shortage in full to keep my payment from increasing so much and they never applied to payment to the escrow. I was given wrong information several times when calling customer service to try to rectify the situation. I have been dealing with this mess since mid-January and it's still not resolved. I'm already sick of dealing with this company and don't like their tactics. They just keep taking more and more money from me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carrington Mortgage Services?

I've had several mortgages with different companies over the years. I have never had ANY of them call me on the 3rd of the month asking me to make a payment! I've always heard there was a 15 day grace period before they add late charges etc. Talk about harassment. Don't they have anything better to do than to bother someone who pays well before the end of the month like clockwork? THEN, they keep calling me asking me to refinance with them. Are you serious? Never in a million years would I be chained with such a crappy company for even longer!

My loan was turned over to Carrington from Bank of America... Fell behind after being hit by drunk driver... Have Sent every document requested by Carrington (fyi, they have old 4506 form on their website, they ask to fill out) to modify... more than enough income to modify, in process, phone calls daily 400 faxed documents, AUCTIONED home during process, had different answers from different employees... FHA mortgage, has rules and guidelines they ignored. They Sent a packet offering 2g to leave home within 2 weeks. Anyone know who to contact at FHA to complain???

I was 1st with the Bank of America and for a year they made me send again and again the loan modification forms. Then they send me to Carrington and had to start all again for a year and me think they have the people that answer trained to make up excuses not to go ahead with the modification and then I was still on the loan modified process and no news and for my good luck a coworker of my son was searching for a home and he saw my home in the foreclosure list even though I did not receive any documents or any response from Carrington at all. I had to go into bankruptcy to save my home. And then they was sending now the loan modification approved. I can't cancel the bankruptcy. They WILL TAKE MY HOME. They are trained to take homes. Don't understand why??? Why the lies??? Is incredible how can they get away with so much.

I then I even got a letter from BANK OF AMERICA to fix the problem. I even when I am in bankruptcy since December the Carrington company has not filed the proper paperwork to the trustee to settle the debt. It is incredible. My lawyer said that they have a May deadline... OMG May... AND THEN I HAVE AN INSURANCE CLAIM since June 2016, they took the check for repairs and do not want to give me the insurance money until this day. I am sending a NOTARIZE letter swearing that I will make the repairs and then they will send the money they took from my insurance company. Crazy.

A few months after my refinance, I received a letter that my escrow was short and the payment was going up. Later I found out that the Ellie Mae loan originator miscalculated the monthly payment making the escrow account over $600.00 short. I have called the loan originator and Carrington multiple times with no return calls and no answers to this. Then I recently received a notice that monthly service charge of $5.00 would be added to my payment because they want me to use automatic debit instead of bill pay that I have been using since I made the loan. They are the worst I have ever dealt with.

I would like to say that I have been with this lovely LOL =( company for over 3 years thanks to another scam of a company by the name of Bank of America. In that time I have had fraudulent fees attached to my account, wrongly stated escrow analysis which in return raised monthly payments without any real proof of reason and numerous blindsided calls from different phone numbers related to this company with the same old sorry ** person trying to disguise their voice & name in a foolish attempt to refinance and steal more from a person who is already permanently disabled in the past 3 years. So let’s start from the beginning.

1. Bank of America blindsided sold my mortgage to this company who I had never heard of. Okay went to look them up and lo and behold the trail of fraud lies and scamming began under law. Any consumer who is being sold to another mortgage/loan servicing company has a window time of 60 days according to RESPA at which your account is protected under law meaning the new mortgage servicer is supposed to in a timely manner send a welcoming letter along with any information in regards to your account being transferred over during this so-called grace period. Also under law they are not allowed to place any fees or changes to your account during this time.

Well lo and behold I received my first statement from Fraudulent Mortgage Services and lo and behold a $15 fees for debris removal. Wait one sec, so I call and ask what is this all about and of course I was given a runaround about them having to come to my private property and remove some invincible debris. Funny thing is I have cameras placed at every corner of my property for incidents and idiots such as them so I ask for proof and of course could not be provided a date nor time at which this took place which simply could have been proven by rewinding cameras right.

Okay so I place a call to Bank of America because I am very displeased at the initial service I am receiving from this lovely fraud of a company they have seem to become best friends with LOL. Luckily at the time I was in the first month grace period and was able to get a lovely customer rep from Bank of America to place a three way call to Fraudulent Mortgage Services in regards to this mysterious fee which by law is illegal for this first 60 days of course. Fraudulent Mortgage Services call services rep tries to argue with the lovely Bank of America rep who they had just serviced a loan for about this debris removal fee which was stated to them I kid you not right in front of my face as being illegal and needing to be taken off my account immediately.

Of course like everyone else here I was promised that the fee would not be charged by this sorry ** of a customer service rep who had a horrible attitude like as if I was in the wrong for inquiry. Anyhow thank you Bank of America rep I am sorry I cannot remember your name at this time you opened my eyes to a new world of scamming done by the people who we are supposed to trust to now service our mortgage loan . Nevertheless when my first month statement arrives lo and behold the fee is still there. However it is not listed as an debris removal so I place a call to Fraudulent Mortgage Service and of course am greeted by a horrible customer service rep who tells me I must pay the fee for this month and they will credit it to my account which I did.

Funny to this day I have yet to see the credit for this scam that was placed on my account but hey what is $15 dollars to a person who lives off a fixed income right on top of that in the first month I was sent a letter by them in which they stated that my mortgage was consider late which was illegal under the terms of the 60 days grace period according to law. I knew this was bull because a couple days prior to the catfight between the Fraudulent Mortgage Service and Bank of America rep I had paid the first monthly mortgage over the phone with what I believe if I am not mistaken a $15 over the phone fee. Boy they sure love to place fees on us the consumers LOL. At the time I just took it as a big mistake and would pay very close attention going forward.

2. About six months into being with Fraudulent Mortgage Service I received a Escrow Analysis Statement form in which my mortgage was to be raised by $100 a month for what reason I was not understanding. So of course being a concerned customer I placed a call to Fraudulent Mortgage Services and spoke with about 4 different customer services reps who could not give one reasonable reason except to say new law required a two month cushion period. Of course I felt something was wrong so I went and backtracked on all paperwork given to me by Bank of America right before the transfer of said loan and the BS Escrow Analysis form given to me by this scam of a company. And to my surprise Fraudulent Mortgage Service only used the escrow paid into my account for the term of the six month. I had been transferred with them at the time and not also for the beginning six months I was with Bank of America.

Of course I was boiling hot feeling like some bully had tried to steal money from my pocket in high school so I did some research and came across a number for a lovely lady by the name of Jessica ** who was supposed to be a Customer Advocate for Fraudulent Mortgage Service. We spoke on the phone and I let her know all the wrongdoing that had been going on and she promised me she would prioritize my account and look into it and get back to me. Fast forward about a week later I received a call from Miss Gray with a beautiful voice in which she tried to break down the reason for the increase and at the time it seemed to make sense until I got the year ending statement tax statement from Bank of America and Fraudulent Mortgage Service and noticed the issues at hand which is they shorted my escrow account by not adding the first six month of escrow from Bank of America which by law is illegal.

Luckily in the beginning of the year when I was initially with Bank of America I had applied for a Homestead Tax Exemption which dramatically decreased my taxes but they still did not care to believe that this was in place and went forward in increasing my mortgage. Well of course Fraudulent Mortgage Service doesn't do their research so I got in contact with my local county tax appraiser and requested them to send the tax exemption paperwork again to Fraudulent Mortgage Service so that my account could be corrected. I had to wait a year for it to be corrected along with numerous faxes which were never received supposedly and calls being placed to Fraudulent Mortgage Service time after time.

Boy I felt like some type of paralegal LOL. I am thinking damn maybe Fraudulent Mortgage Service could use my helping hand in one of their corrupt offices correcting these idiot mistakes that they make but I wouldn't sell my dog to this company if I had a chance to. By the blessing of some higher power the account was adjusted and now Fraudulent Mortgage Service sees that they must pay back money which is overage in the escrow account keep you informed on what those real numbers were supposed to be paid back to me.

3. Going into the New Year I went to pay my mortgage online and was blocked from accessing my account and was told by the horrible online website I needed to place a call to Fraudulent Mortgage Service. God why me =( So of course I did and spoke with a Hispanic lady who had very broken English in which she stated that I told Fraudulent Mortgage Service I wanted to refinance and that was the reason why I could not access my mortgage to pay online. Yeah right seems like they want me to sell my soul to the devil now. I am thinking where is this all coming from.

I look back in to the initial purchase of this house at the end of 2008 when the recession was tearing everyone apart and I got a 5.5% interest rate with lo and behold Taylor, Bean and Whitaker who is another story for another day which also went of business in the following two months of me purchasing my home and the loan was bought by Bank of America who did everything they could possibly do at the time of owning my mortgage to drain my escrow account by placing hazard insurance and overcharging 3 to 4 times in one year. Luckily I was able to fight the storm of the horrible recession and keep my one and last true pride my home. I would like to get this out the way this company is owned by BRUCE ROSE. Please anyone who reads this please do your research into this clown or better yet evil guy. He should be sitting next to Lee Farkus in a 6 by 9 getting a nice foot or something else up his ** LOL.

Don't worry buddy your time will be approaching soon enough. Karma is a bitch and you sir are the child who must get everything that comes with it. Nevertheless I started receiving random calls on a monthly basis for about three months from this random Fraudulent Mortgage Service loan appraiser officer disguised as a different name but the same idiot trying to very aggressively make me refinance my mortgage and of course I would rather lay on a railroad track and let the heaviest train kill me before this ever happens. During these calls I requested that he stop calling me and that Fraudulent Mortgage Service stop sending me mail every month in regards to refinance. It is junk mail which is great material for my dog to chew. I even sent some warnings his way about harassing me continuously. It got to the point that I changed my phone number. Do you guys see the hell I am being put through?

Thought I dodge the bullet LOL. Boy I must have been wrong. Let’s fast forward to the past couple months. Now I go to look for my monthly statement in the mail monthly like normal along with the BS refinance letter always sent from Fraudulent Mortgage Service and no physical monthly statement but of course refinance letter WTH. You guys really are messing with the wrong person so I place calls to Fraudulent Mortgage Service to find out where is my physical paperwork because we all know that God forbid I file an audit or want to report the many wrongdoing of this company I need physical paperwork. Of course the fraud customer service department promised me on several calls that they would immediately send out the paperwork which never came. I even asked that it be noted into my account which the idiot of a reps promised it was LOL.

It got to the point I had to find other number related to Fraudulent Mortgage Service to track down where the hell this very important paperwork was and why I had not been receiving it. Of course Fraudulent Mortgage Service has offices in other cities and states who accept calls for them whenever they choose to randomly close office for however long they choose fit. However they cannot access any account according to the top supervisor in the office so why exactly do they have these extra customer services offices open for is anyone to guess. Luckily I got in contact with someone in Fraudulent Mortgage Service who had nothing to do with customer service and thank you again you might be the only person with enough integrity to stand behind your job and I started to receive my monthly statements. Funny actually I got the same two statements the following Monday in two separate envelopes. Thanks again my friend.

Now let’s fast forward to last night. I check my email and received a lovely email about new guess what? FEES. Fraudulent Mortgage Service will be placing on us the consumers starting as of May 1st for services they already steal and cheat from us their consumers. So here is a heads up to all you consumer with Fraudulent Mortgage Service accounts starting May 1st if you pay online thru there BS Western Union Speedpay it is a $5 fee previously $0. Over the phone there is a five dollars surcharge on top of what they charge now and so forth on. As a matter of fact they were quick to update the BS website with this info but cannot for the love of any customer who has an account with them do anything else right. It seems when it comes to fixing the issues and fees they place on accounts.

I guess we are facing some rough times ahead people. I highly doubt that any investigation will be done into why this is taking place but hey as long as it is out there in the world of the internet we have fighting chance. So going forward I say to anyone dealing with Fraudulent Mortgage Service if you notice there is an issue with your account send them a Certified Mail Qualified Written Request to get to the bottom of thing. There is no use in dealing with customer service. I promise you by law they have to answer in the appropriated amount of time by according to the CFPB. This might be the most important thing you do as homeowner going forward. Place those same fees and BS charges brought on you randomly can now be placed right back in the devils hands LOL.

I hate for it to have to come to this but I am tired of the bully messing with people smaller than them. I was taught that if a bully messes with you stand up for yourself. Word of advice for Fraudulent Mortgage Service keep messing with me and I promise I will set up a Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and any other social media site to expose the BS going on. I am fed up. My next step is to my local news station and local freelance writer along with the SEC and Attorney General. Hey while I am at it why not? Maybe even Elizabeth Warren would love to take a look into this. She seems to recognize what is going on over there. Mr. Bruce Rose you have been warned. I stand by my word and I highly recommend anyone who is a consumer of Fraudulent Mortgage Service do the same in numbers they lose. With the help of social media this can be exposed. Ponzi is wrong. Have a great day.

I had the same experience. I was sold to Carrington from Bank of America and my payment immediately increased. Also being on disability I pay my mortgage at the end of the month, so after the 15th of the month they add a $30 fee. My mortgage isn't considered late until after the last day of the month BUT if not paid by the 15th of the month there is a late fee assessed. 4 mortgages and I have NEVER been charged late fees within the same month the loan is due.

I received an email stating that Carrington Mortgage will start charging fees starting May 1, 2017 if I don't sign up for auto-payments. I don't want auto-payments because I pay my mortgage 1 month in advance and I know they will not take the payment that far in advance. I have always made payments online and now they want to charge me $5/month to do this. They will also increase the amount to go through customer service and they will also increase their charge to pay-by-phone. Can they really charge those that make payments online? This is just ludicrous!

I have been trying to pay my mortgage. I did go thru a rough patch and I communicated this to them. They sent me a letter to send to my 401K so I could pay and catch up. I asked if I was good with time due to the 401K process. I was told yes and now they are refusing the payment and saying now the home is being foreclosed on. The day it went into foreclose is the day I asked if I had time. Can I do anything to stop this?? Can anyone out there give me some help?

I was seriously injured in a car accident and ended up on disability. I have been trying to file a request for modification since Dec. 2015. I have had my file closed 6 times and had to start over because they state failure to comply even though I call 2-3 times a week to make sure they have the required documents and try to do as asked. They keep adding fees and changing what they require and you can never speak to the same people. They will promise that your file will not be closed and close it with not even a call back even though you have requested one if there is a problem with the document. All I have requested is a decrease in my interest rate from a 6.75 to 4-4.5 and I could make my payment.

When I applied 4 my first modification I had 0 credit card debt and now I owe about 10,000.00 just trying to keep my mortgages current. I agree with everyone else that they are a bunch of crooks taking advantage of my bad situation and just making it worse. As a business owner myself, I think they should be corrected and fined for taking advantage of people.

Thank you VA for forcing Carrington Mortgage on us. This is the worst mortgage experience I've endured in over 30 years. Customer service is poor, the website is exasperating with multiple dead ends, they insist on using paper mail (but then change their address with no notification and apparently no attempt to have mail forwarded to the new location), and every action other than basic payment takes lengthy phone calls. They seem especially opposed to early and additional mortgage payments, which is highly suspect. The VA should pull whatever certification it gave Carrington and stop inflicting this lousy company on us. I tried giving less than one star.

My mortgage was sold from BOA to Carrington. My payments immediately went up because they said my escrow analysis from Bank of America was incorrect! When I asked them to explain to me, I was on hold for 30 minutes and told they would mail me a escrow statement of which I am unable to comprehend. I have tried logging on to the site to make payments and the site is always down. So, when I call to make payment they charge me every time even if the site is down. I am behind one month and now I see multiple $20 charges that they state are for someone coming to my house to see if I live there. So I am charged $20 bucks weekly. This is bizarre. I am placed on hold, then told the office in Plano TX is not licensed for NY and transferred again. This is fraud at best!!! I will be contacting the Attorney General's office tomorrow.

First everything said in these reviews is absolutely accurate. Carrington should be closed down immediately. Crooks 100%. My loan was with Chase to Nov. 2016. I never had any problems. I did not have Chase set up for automatic bank drafts and I find it very deceptive trade practices that Carrington helped themselves to my bank account. I put a stop check after the first month and the next month they modified the amount -- an increase of course - and bank drafted again. The bank honored it because the dollar value was different. I NEVER authorized them to ACH bank draft. I closed that account that I had for over 17 years.

Since then Carrington acts like it hasn't received my payments from Wells Fargo online bill pay. Instead they returned my check to me A WELLS FARGO BILL PAY CHECK and told me that I would have to call them -- they require Certified Funds: Western Union Quick Collect, Money Order, Cashier's Check. They had the check in their possession for weeks. They refuse to apply any payments to my account and when you call the message is "they do not accept payments on this account." When you get online you can't pay nor can you access your account. Customer Service is a complete joke -- it is obvious to me that they are trying to force me to either pay exorbitant amounts in late fees and payment processing fees and to push me into foreclosure by saying I haven't paid. Oh but how I have tried to pay these crooks.

In the meantime I am sitting here with the mortgage payments in my hand but they won't accept payments other than via ACH or Certified Funds as if I am the crook -- but I must call them first. I never get through to anyone when I call. As you keep reading you will see what they have done to other people's account freely taking money at their will. A Class Action is definitely warranted here. COUNT ME IN! And like everyone else herein, NO STARS actually negative stars. I pray this place gets closed down!

My dad passed away July 2016. As the one handling my dad's estate, I called Carrington Mortgage to let them know that my dad passed away and that they needed to forward his mail to my address. They ask me to send a copy of his will showing me as executor and his death certificate. I did that the end of August and got the confirmation that they got it. My brothers and I are selling my dad's house and have had it under contract now since October 2016. I have had to extend the closing date now 2 times due to not being able to get the payoff from Carrington. Probate is complete and the property has been placed in my brothers and my name.

I have called Carrington the title company and my attorney has called them trying to get them to release the payoff for the house. Losing my dad was hard enough, without having to battle his mortgage company for something so simple. I am still grieving the loss of my dad and the trouble we are having with them is now going to generate a late fee because I didn't make the pmt thinking they would be paid off already. This now is adding to my stress. I will never say anything good about this company and will advise everyone to avoid them.

Our mortgage was sold to Carrington by BOA. During that time we were having tornado damage fixed. During that time the insurance was sent to them. When the contractor was thru they have yet to send the final check. This has been going on since last year. We have been trying to refinance but they have been evasive about that which has put us behind. They lie oh so much.

My mortgage was sold by Chase to Carrington Mortgage Services and I was informed that Carrington would now handle my mortgage. I contacted Carrington because my February payment was due. The customer service person informed me that I did not have an account number yet and that I would be getting a packet soon. She was all bubbly and happy that I was a new customer.

I finally got their packet and paid my mortgage payment online the day I got the account number. Then I got a bill for two house payments saying I had not paid for February. I called Customer Service and was told she would send an email to that department to let them know my February bill had been paid. I am supposed to think their computer system is not connected so one department does not know what payments have been received by another department. Then today I got one of those debt collector phone calls from Carrington. My March payment was not overdue.

I attempted to get into my online account with Carrington and was totally unable to access any information. According to the system, my username, password, and secret question were all wrong. So I called Customer Service again. Now the problem is that they are having technical difficulties with the online system. According to the reviews, this is a very common response to problems in accessing your account online. I was told a new password would be sent to me via email. I used the new password only to be told it was incorrect. So now I have set up a new password and can finally access my account. The only problem is the account does not show my March payment has been made.

From the moment Carrington took over my loan, it seems like just one ridiculous problem after another. From the numerous bad reviews about this company, it seems someone would have looked into their practices. I hope this is not going to be a continuing problem for me. I would advise caution for anyone considering this company.

Well it started out just the way you all say. I see that you have to send a signed letter right off the bat requesting a monthly statement and whatever mail applying to you. Then they jack your payment for awhile to fill your escrow to gov't allowances. BoA didn't do it. Then just pay on time. I'm glad to escape BoA. They were quite careless with my money and it took months of stress to rectify.

BOA sold my loan to Carrington Mortgage a little over a year ago, and I have been disappointed ever since. I have never experienced such predatory lending since becoming a homeowner. I was laid off Feb. 2016, so I decided to apply for loan modification, I was approved and I started making trial payments in January 2017. When I called February 3, 2017 to make payment number 2. I was informed by two didn't representatives, that I didn't need to make the payment because a previous payment I made in December 2016 was applied to February 2017 payment.

The caller said he was going to add the notes per our conversation for other representatives to view. I called in March 2017 to make my final payment. I got the runaround for about 15 minutes being transferred to various people. I finally got someone, who was very rude. She informed me, my February payment was missing and I no longer had a modification. I explained my story and apparently that held no value. So I spoke to the supervisor on March 3, 2017, she informed me that a representative call me numerous times to clear the mistake.

I only received 2 message from someone named Andrea and when I called back, I was told the same story. No money is due at this time. So I asked the question, "If you have been contacting me about my loan via phone numerous times and I didn't respond, how come no one sent me a letter to my house informing me of the situation/error". Her response was "Carrington Mortgage doesn't have a template that send letters to customers about their account/mortgage".

It made absolutely no sense to me. I'm very disgusted about this situation, and now I'm 4 months behind on my mortgage. She had the nerve to ask me, how do I want to take care of the payments. My response to her was, "if I had the money to pay for the payments that was missed, then why am I asking for a modification." This company doesn't deserve 1 star. This was the second issue, I've had with this company, they truly deserve a class action suit against them. Carrington Mortgage is the worst company to do business with.

I have read numerous reviews about this company. I think they are taking advantage of good people that are trying their damest and struggling to make their mortgage. I called to find out about a mortgage I had with my ex. He never took my name off the mortgage of our home when Carrington took it from BOA. I call them to get info. since I am part owner. They were rude as hell. If my damn name is on the mortgage I have the right to that info. I think this company should be investigated... Please help!!

As all the rest of you Chase sold me out to in Dec. 2016. I've been having trouble with their customer service. Rude, calling my house all times at night and sending certified letters at least 3 times a week and mailing double letters to my house at the same time (I just stopped opening them and told my postman not to bring them to my door. This is harassment and I will not tolerate it). Return to sender really. I think Chase is at fault for this. When you get close to the end of your payments after Many years with them they treat you like low class citizens (Chase). I was also told Carrington was a part of Chase. If so they need to close them down. They're giving Chase a bad name. Only dealt with them for 3 months. They are a sad bunch of people.

I like I have found most of you on here with reviews to have had all the same experience. No welcome letter when was transferred in Dec 2016. They have raised my payment due to "escrow analysis" and put on hold and run around for hours (really just on chat with them for 2 hours) and only thing they tell you to do is fax letters and can't talk to people who actually handle the issues. In fact in my latest chat I did as I was asked and faxed a letter about "fees" being removed and she tells me "oh I see we got it back in December but it was incomplete" but because that department does not take or receive phone calls no one called me about it.

And to top it all off I use an online fax service so I just faxed the same exact file from the server and somehow after doing in Jan and Feb it was "received" in Feb. They are a predatory bank (not that 99% are not) but they like to as they see fit.

Well I have had enough. I have contacted a Lawyer (who I must admit don't much care for Lawyers, I was raised in small town hand shake and your word kind of guy) but I have had enough of their crap. I ask if you have had the same issues please contact them as well... (and again no not a lawyer. I own a small pizzeria in Rochester, NY. I work more than I should to make a living) and tired of being pushed around by these people.

My account was switched over from Bank of America. I sent my check to Carrington with account number on it, etc. They "didn't receive it," according to their people and charged me a really hefty late fee. There is no recourse in a discussion with them. They just automatically say they didn't get the check. Since it was the first month paying after the switch I asked them to waive the fee. I escalated it to management and still no dice. They were rude and ugly. I also ended up paying my bank $130 to stop payment on the check I sent them. It was a check sent from USAA as they have done for me for years and when I went back and checked, I had everything perfectly right on the check. It's a scam on their part for sure so be aware of it. If they say they didn't get your check you get zapped. I have a 830 credit score so I am obviously not in the business of sending checks late or not at all.

I have been so angry all week and I feel I have no recourse. Does anyone know how to get away from them? Now I have to manually go to their website every month and have the money directly deducted from my account which is a real inconvenience. Believe me, I don't want them automatically drawing money off my account. They are rude and difficult to work with. Any suggestions?

I've been with this company for about 6 months now. I was scared at first due to all the negative reviews. My experience with this company has been wonderful. I get great customer service, I'm successful with making monthly payments and I never have an issue with speaking with a customer service rep. I would like to say thank you Carrington and continue to provide quality service.

Carrington has owned my mortgage note for 3 months. So far my mortgage has been screwed up every month... have to call spend a hour on phone. Many promises get made. Carrington fails on almost everything. Then next month call again... listen to customer service rep tell me "I don't understand why you are upset." My mortgage payment goes up, explanation given. This unexpected increase is to protect me from a "possible" unexpected increase.

Cannot someone explain to me the sense of increasing my payment unexpectedly to protect me from a possible increase. So I send extra payment to cover this increase so my payment remains the same... wait wait... my payment goes up anyways. Another call to Carrington. Another "I don't know why you're upset." Try to log into payment site... wait, wait. None of my passwords, security questions, social security number work. Another call to Carrington. Another "Why are you upset?" Really... If this company approaches you. I suggest you turn and run. Worst mortgage services EVER.

So when I signed in online to pay our home loan, I was really happy to see that I owed nothing. But I know I did not make a payment yet this month. The box for entering the payment amount was grayed to prevent me from manually entering the amount so I ended up on the phone trying to pay. Unfortunately it's like navigating the labyrinth to find a human being to speak to. I gave up and ended up trying to pay over the phone. In the end I was charged five dollars for the convenience. I know it's only five dollars, I will survive. But I came away from this thinking, this company is awful. Bank of America was never this bad.

I cannot begin to express how poor the website is... When you click "Make a Payment" it goes to a screen that says something like "Sorry, your request cannot be processed at this time". On that screen you have to click another "Make a payment" button from the bottom left. This will bring you to a screen with another "Make a Payment" button. This button works, finally. WTF?

Another huge problem I have with the website is the password policy. They force you to change passwords. This is something I log into once a month... and you can't use one of your previous TWENTY FOUR passwords. So now it is nothing close to any of my personal default pws, and I end up having to change it almost monthly just so I can log in.

Finally, the website seems to be experiencing an unscheduled outage (at least unannounced, as I don't have an email warning me) this morning. So I can't even find out how much principal was paid in the last payment. But hey, it's Sunday morning, and I'm already on the internet... I guess I'll write a review. Suck it, Carrington.

Carrington Mortgage Services Company Profile