Find a Loan Modification partner

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Carrington Mortgage Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carrington Mortgage Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carrington Mortgage Services?

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

The past 19 months have been very difficult for me (COVID/medical issues) and I got behind in my mortgage payments. I was recently granted a forbearance for my mortgage and I called to see if there was anything that I needed to do and to say "Thank You!" From the moment that Belinda answered the phone I felt like I was a person and not just a loan number. She was bright and cheerful and professional in everything that she did. Belinda explained everything regarding my situation and made certain that she answered any questions that I had. I was so relieved by the end of the conversation that I became tearful (but they were tears of relief and happiness). Belinda treated me with respect and dignity. She is a true credit to your company and I look forward to working with her.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

I called in today as a new customer to Carrington with some questions about my loan. Andrea addressed all of my concerns and provided me with additional insights that I didn't even know I needed. She was extremely helpful, understanding, patient and giving of her time: top-notch, professional service. As a new customer, this was really a great first impression of the company. If everyone else at Carrington is as helpful and pleasant as Andrea, then the company is certainly set up for great future success. Thank you Andrea! - Jason B.

Get buying tips about Loan Modification Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

Maricela is a true gem. She was very helpful and considerate to our situation. I believe in Carrington Mortgage as a homeowner's partner and not just a mortgage company. If Maricela ** is representative of all Carrington Mortgage employees, then all under the Carrington Mortgage umbrella are safe to know that they have a partner in their corner that understands the plight that honest homeowners are going through during these unprecedented times. A partner that will go out of their way to help homeowners to work through this difficult time and get back on their feet.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

Belinda made me feel like she actually cared about my situation, and I felt that she really wanted to help find the best solution for my family's needs. Very informative and full of helpful suggestions. She answered all my questions I had at that time. I wish there were more people like her to talk to, especially when dealing with something as big as a Morgage. I would say, even though my situation is stressful, Belinda made it seem possible to get my behind Mortgage problem fixed. I definitely think if there is a person who deserves special recognition, it should be Belinda!

Original review: April 19, 2021

I can't say enough about my dealings with Ben ** my loan specialist at Carrington Mortgage. As in the past, Ben is pleasant, knowledgeable, caring, and excellent with communication. He is easy to speak with and takes the time to explain every detail of the process and answer any questions you may have. My loan processor Tiffany ** was also excellent at keeping me informed as it came time to close. She responded to my emails immediately which is not something you often find. Based on my experience, I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

I wanted more information on refinancing my current mortgage. Had no idea where to begin or what questions I needed to ask let alone know what answers to look for. Bridgett was very helpful and patient. Her explanations were right on mark. By the time our conversation was complete I was very confident about understanding the plan. If you find yourself needing help understanding the process of refinancing a mortgage please call Carrington Mortgage and ask for Bridget **, She's an asset to Carrington Mortgage. Mortgage holder V.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

10 stars in all area. Very professional and caring. Go far and beyond than what is asked. This is truly a company for the Veterans and Military families. Wish we had more companies out there that cares for their clients.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

15 years as a customer, struggled during covid so was on a plan. Wanted to start paying this Spring and they would not take payment until I applied again for assistance. Applied 5 times, they take a month to get back and request the same info over and over. Would not take a monthly payment from me for 6 straight months yet reported me late to credit bureaus. This torpedoed my score and no other mortgage firm will work with me. How do you refuse money and still report late? Time to call 60 minutes and 20-20.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

I set up payments every month by phone to come out of my account. For the month of November the rep somehow did not process my payment and now they are reporting me ONE day late to the credit bureau after two years of on time payments!!! What a joke. Their rep is incompetent and now I am going to suffer. Shopping around for a new lender. I know there is better out there!!! Pissed over a day! S. **.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I would give them 0 stars if I could.. These people bought my mortgage, And then instead of putting my mortgage payments towards my mortgage they Put it in an unsettled fund account and then tell us that we're behind every month. We then have to call them every month to tell them it's the mortgage payment it doesn't belong in unsettled funds.. Then they are always send foreclosure notices even after we make the payments.. We have had them for 3 months and before we made our first payment they screwed up and it's been a problem since. Somehow they they are saying that we owe an extra $500 but can't Provide where this goes or why we're behind $500 when we pay every month on time. These people are refusing to transfer our service to another mortgage. They seriously earthly need to be held responsible for something because this is ridiculous.

Carrington Mortgage Services Company Information