Carrington Mortgage Services

Compare Harp Loan and Loan Modification Companies

Research top Harp Loan and Loan Modification Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have contacted the Dept. of Veteran's Affairs. I have also written to an attorney who deals with debt collectors. I need to know which of these complaints involve a VA Home Loan- GI Bill. My experience is similar. It has cost me over $35 to overnight my payment as I have been a credit manager for over 40 years and every company asks you to send the statement with your payments. In consulting professionals I found that the VA has previously covered Carrington's foreclosure expenses but whether I can stop this to prevent Carrington from cashing in with foreclosures at the VA's expense remains to be seen, a debt collector usually wants to cash in and it appears to be the reason for not properly recording and posting payments and sending statements. If you cannot let me know if your loan is VA on this site you are welcome to email me at **.

For the past several years I have always made my mortgage payments online! I have not missed or had a late payment! These payments are made the first or before the first every month! Now I have had difficulty making these payments online because their system Keeps closing me out! I am able to get online to my account but when I select make a payment button the system message indicates "unable to complete transaction at this time please try again!" Nothing has changed in what I am doing from last year until now so I cannot understand what the problem is. I have spoken with customer service at CMS and the techs and their explanation is that it is heavy volume on the first of the month! I have tried 2 or 3 days before the 1st and 2 or 3 days after the 1st and have had the same problem! I prefer not to mail my payment in nor do I want to make payments over the phone!

Like all the other reviews, my mortgage was with Bank of America for over 12 years. I get a letter in the mail saying NOT to send my payment in to Bank of America because I was now under Carrington Mortgage and they will contact me as to where to make payments. To make this short, I called Carrington on a weekly basis to try to make my payment. They kept telling me they did not have a loan number for my account. Now I am behind one month payment and Carrington is harassing me with calls, and registered letters and Notice of Intent to Foreclose. I have tried calling the customer service and what a huge they are. If anyone is trying to get a loan from them, I would run for the hills and avoid this company at all cost. This is the worst company to try to do business with.

My husband and I have had nothing but bad luck with this company. We fell behind because I had a car accident and couldn't work for 3 months. Well we can't get approved for a modification because they say we're always missing paperwork. We can't access our account now because we have been blocked for lack of payment. Every time we call they are extremely rude or talk to you like you're stupid. Plus they push things off so much that by the time you do figure something out you end up owing more money and they won't accept it. I've westerned unioned payments only to receive a letter a few weeks later that I had to go pick my money up from the place I westerned unioned the money at. I feel like this is a giant get rich quick while screwing over innocent people type of business. I want to file a lawsuit or some sort of action against them. Where do we begin?

When our mortgage was sold two months ago to Carrington I was obviously disheartened. I loved the bank that was servicing the account but don't owe enough for me personally to justify a refinance. I got the letter a month and a half before my next payment was due, as I have made it habit to pay my mortgage almost two months in advance. Even though the letter from the old account servicer stated that Carrington would not be able to service the loan until November 2nd, I didn't waste any time. Immediately calling Carrington to get the details as to when I could make my next payment, when I could get access to my loan online. All the details that I would need to get it set. Unfortunately I was informed that I would not be able to gain access to my loan until at least the 10th of November. Even with this, the loan would be allowed a 60 day grace period in case it did not get set up in time.

This is my only complaint so far. No offense but I have never been late on my Mortgage payment and I don't intend to be now. So, on the 10th of November I checked online and called and still my account was not complete. Finally on the 16th, everything was ready to go online and I was able to schedule my monthly payment through the online system. So far, everything seems to be ok? Payment shows as posted and processed. However, I have heard people with complaints after this time so we will see if we can continue to get success.

I will say that so far, everyone I have spoken to has been nice and considerate. I know that they are just doing a job and may not be able to fix everything immediately. Crossing my fingers that everything continues smoothly? I will update if anything happens in the future. I just wish the process wasn't so time consuming. It shouldn't cost me this much of my personal time to continue to pay a mortgage that has been paid religiously for over 10 years without delay.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carrington Mortgage Services?

On May 3, 2016 I came home to find a huge tree on my roof. After finally getting an insurance check I had to send it to Carrington Mortgage Company for them to endorse it. I have only received some of the payments but they still owe me over 300.00. I've done everything they asked of me. I have called them and wrote them and faxed them but no one calls back.

Your website states the following: "Our values, built on integrity, transparency and equity, enable us to select, employ and fully retain the 'best and brightest' Mortgage Professionals." But that statement is false. Your company lies and deceives people which has now caused financial hardship and unhappiness. Your company is the example of why people do not trust mortgage companies and why the government has investigated mortgage companies for lies and unethical lending practices.

This is my complaint: We put our home up for sale and we signed a contract with Mr. and Mrs. **, with the condition they sell their home. The ** put their home up for sale and accepted an offer from Mr. and Mrs. **, who we were told was approved by your company. The closing was scheduled for November 22nd. Last week Ericka stated the loan was being delayed due to she could not find an Appraiser. Mr. and Mrs. ** were trying to have Thanksgiving in their new home. They had family coming in to celebrate their new home, so the realtors found an Appraiser that could do the appraisal on Monday 11/21 and try and have the report by the 22nd so we could all close by the 23rd. Last night Saturday the 19th our Realtor called us to say that the Loan Office said to cancel the appraisal because it was never about the appraisal... Mr. and Mrs. ** were NEVER approved. Ericka had lied all along.

Now Mr. and Mrs. ** have to put their home back on the Market during the holidays which means they may not get an offer and now we are trying to find out how we can make the payment on this home and our current home, and it is Christmas time and that means we cannot buy any Christmas gifts for our children and if we also have to make payments in January I don't know how we can do that. This is totally cruel and Ericka has hurt a lot of people, caused The ** to not move into their home for the holidays and have caused us to not have any Christmas for our family because we have to find any money we can find to make 2 mortgage payments. How dare your company do this to people. We are human being. We don't deserve any of this. Your company is horrible.

Mortgage sold to Carrington from Chase. Have not heard anything from Carrington about how to make payments or anything. Have read other reviews about Carrington. Seems to be the beginning of a nightmare according to what I've read on other reviews.

We got our loan through VA for being in military. We fell on hardship a year and half ago with our daughter's medical bills. She is getting chemotherapy treatments. We are trying to stay above water financially, it has been rough. We fail a month behind in our mortgage whom we worked out/arrange out with Chase to push the payment at the end of the loan. Well last week we tried to make a payment and found out it was sold to Carrington Mortgage. We was not notified by Chase. We called Carrington. They said they couldn't find us and wouldn't allow us to make a payment. So we started getting harassing calls from Carrington Monday.

We tried to make a payment again. We were told unless we make two payments and late fees we couldn't make a payment. I have never heard of any company accepting any form of payment. I feel they are trying to take our house. It's only been a week Carrington has taken over our loan. Please can anyone assist a retired Army man who is paying two mortgages get help.

I received my mortgage through Chase Bank for 7 years without ever missing a payment. Our homes mortgage was then sold to Carrington Mortgage Services. After calling for two months to find out how much and who to send our payment to with the same answer of "Don't worry about" from multiple different people they finally sent us a letter that our mortgage was behind and we should do a home modification. What a joke! We were told so many times that it took a while for them to process this and not to make any mortgage payments during this process. We could call Carrington and wait an hour on hold to receive and answer that our paperwork was all there and being processed. I would then hang up and call again and get the answer that they were missing paperwork and to send them new papers.

During this time we were continuously told that they would not take any mortgage payments. I could not believe this so I sent them some payments and had them returned. Long story short they put my family's home and site of our business in foreclosure. When we took them to court yesterday they misplaced all of our phone conversations and said our payments were returned because of a routing number Problem. We now owe 30,000 dollars more for our house than when we bought it. This company needs to be stopped. If you can, get away from them. Help please.

Our mortgage was recently traded from Bank of America to Carrington. First we didn't receive any info from Carrington. I had to call them. I was instructed to use their website instead which I wasn't going to do. First month paid and I receive a letter saying I have an escrow shortage and my mortgage is going up. I call and the rep was extremely rude, avoiding my questions with a roundabout answer. Bank of America didn't have a shortage so why would this company? "We are not Bank of America" is what the rep kept saying. It seems some mortgage companies like an extra in the escrow account which is dumb! I feel bullied! I called Bank of America who explained the trading mortgages situation to me. They are so kind there. We only have an option to refinance which costs money...so frustrating! Avoid Carrington. They are horrible!!!

My interaction with Carrington Mortgage representatives was single handedly THE WORST customer service I have EVER experienced! They are GROSSLY incompetent, RUDELY condescending and they interrupt and overtalk you every step of the way. I spoke with a rep named Cynthia who wasn't even focused on the call or my reason for calling as she was too busy having side bar conversations with her coworkers. I had to repeat my issue 4 times before requesting a different rep. I then got SR specialist named Pam who was unbelievably worse than Cynthia. She was extremely rude, condescending and attempted to read a fax # to me so quickly and then end the call knowing I hadn't captured the info. Didn't even ask if I had something to write with.

When I spoke with supervisor Andy and realized his level of competence was just as lacking I knew this was a widespread issue throughout the company. Andy just wanted to talk in hypotheticals and run around in circles. He never answered a direct question. He never provided a solution to our problem. In fact his entire existence was telling us what he can't do and why Carrington has made no mistakes. This entire company should be put out of business because it is definitively NOT business they are conducting and they will tell you directly that they know it. Pitiful!

I feel like I could sign my name to just about all of these complaints! Currently I am DEALING with them and have been since April of 2016. I intend and encourage others to follow through with the necessary steps to have a Class Action Suit brought against them. My mortgage was bought by Carrington on 11/04/14 from Citi. Everything seemed okay until the end of March of this year (2016). We paid our regular mortgage on time as we always have without fail despite not receiving a statement. When we contacted Carrington, they said they would send it. They had NOT sent a statement. Every month since then we have paid our mortgage on time without fail, again still without receiving a statement while continuously requesting one and being told it would be mailed next month.

On 08/09/16 we made another request for paper statements. We were told it would be sent. On 10/13/16 we received a Certified Letter with a Notice to Foreclose that was mailed on 10/07/16. They had received and cashed all payments we had made on time. However, this time when I called I was told that we did not make the full payment for September or October! Apparently our mortgage went up but they could not contact us to let us know because we were in Bankruptcy in 2011. That was 4 YEARS before they bought our mortgage. The payment we made in September was not applied (put in escrow) until they received the full payment which they took out of our October payment. Then they put our October payment in unapplied (escrow) because that was now not a full payment. We had NO idea our mortgage even went up.

Customer Service not only gave me excuse after excuse, but transferred me around to one rude person after another. I was told several times that they could not help me. I would need to talk to the Bankruptcy Department. The Bankruptcy Department would NOT even take my call because I was not in active Bankruptcy. Finally after getting a Senior Rep, I was told then that our statements would be expedited. I paid the payment balance right then and there which was confirmed. My account was up to date! SO I THOUGHT!

Conveniently for them now we were receiving all sorts of paperwork in the mail. This was now October. I was under the impression that everything would be okay, but THEY ARE NOT! We paid our November payment on time. This had a late charge added to it for the October payment despite that being waived. We immediately paid it so there would not be any more problems. Both checks cleared! One on 11/05/16 and one on 11/07/16. HOWEVER! Our statement says that there is another late fee on our account so our November payment is being held in escrow (unapplied) until we pay another late fee. Our November payment is NOT even late yet!

This company is beyond ridiculous and CRIMINAL! PLEASE do what you can to get the ball rolling on a Class Action Suit against Carrington so that this does not continue. I will be following through at my end. However, I must now take a break to rest up for the battle I face on Monday morning to try right the current wrong. Thanks for your time.

I just do not understand "Why" and how these types of business can even get away with their; (obviously very already known) "Behavior". Where are the laws against these types of businesses that just work altogether... "To just take" what is..."Just right and fairly yours. But my experiences includes: First Countrywide, then to Bank of America, then changed to Bank of America, N.A. And now only since September, 2016 Carrington MS/debt collectors services. Called them on the phone to only pay monthly mortgage due. But Payment... "Refused" and has been "Lied" to about the exact same complaints and responses I just read and I just need to know "Why". I am a senior citizen, a disabled widow. With mental illness that has been under a lot of stress and anxiety. Caused by this debt collector. And just want it to stop. My mortgage is 29 year old now.

Chase sold our mortgage to Carrington last month. Received Chase's "GOODBYE" letter a week and a half ago. Letter said that Carrington will be sending info with new account number, coupons, etc by Nov 2nd. As of today, nothing. I had to call Chase and ask for the info. I called the number Chase gave me for them and was surprised to hear that they are DEBT COLLECTION AGENCY that also happens to service mtg loans. This has made me extremely unsettled as we have never been late with our payments - EVER. I was disconnected 5 times when I called the number I was given. Never even spoke with a person. Just disconnected me when I entered the info it asked for.

From reading the previous reviews from others, there is definitely something going on with this company. I do believe they have some kind of scam going on. And WHY no one has done anything about them is just beyond me. But in any case, we are refinancing ASAP. Oh! And the rep that I spoke with from Chase told me that he has spoken with others that were sold to Carrington saying the same things I have. No info from them and so on. If you get sold to Carrington - RUN! RUN AND REFINANCE AS FAST AS YOU CAN.

Since the mortgage was sold to Carrington I sent a check from my insurance company to them for signature. It has been a nightmare. I have already submitted a BBB complaint on this company. I called them on 19OCT2016 for instructions on how to send the check for endorsement. I was told to send it to the Anaheim office in CA attn of LOSS DRAFT. I was also told if I sent it next day and include a prepaid label with envelope they would process it, sign it and send it back just as fast. I believed her. The next day I went to UPS and mailed the check, contract and initial estimate for repairs to the roof. Sent it as Next Day along with the prepaid label and envelope. 21OCT received noticed it was delivered and signed by "Debbie". Alright, things should be rolling along. Few days go by prepaid label not showing up as being processed. Called them 26OCT 5:20pm CST. Was advised it was mailed out and I should get by end of week.

I was not able to track the UPS label. Called 27OCT 9am CST. Spoke with a woman who said the prepaid label was rejected and the check was not sent out. She quickly volunteered to connect me to the LOSS DRAFT section. Spoke with Craig at about 9:20 am CST. He confirmed the label was rejected. The check is currently being processed and should take 3.-5 days. He could not answer, when I said I have a notice the items were signed for by a Debbie on the 21st of OCT and another rep told me it was sent to me on 26OCT. He replied they have 3-5 days to process from the day they receive it. I told him it was received on the 21st and it is now the 27th. He said they still have time.

Called the LOSS DRAFT on the 28th and spoke with a woman who said nothing new. She was able to see the prepaid label and envelope but nothing on the check. She asked me if the prepaid label has my address, I advised her it had the address of the UPS store, because I knew it would arrive while I would be at work. She directed me to send email authorizing Carrington to send it to the address using the items I had provided. I did so as soon as we got off the phone. Called the morning of the 29th to see if they had received the email - nope. Was told it would take up to 24 hrs before they would be able to see it (WTF!). I was also told I would need to send the authorization as an attachment to an email. Ok, I resend as an attachment... I called on 30th to see if they can see the email I sent on the 28th - nope.

I called on 01NOV to see if any email can be seen and where is my check? No email, check is being processed by another section because it is from a different company. Was advised to call back the next day, should have news. Called on 02NOV. Spoke with Kaitlynn who advised no emails are displaying on the account. Check is being processed by another person. She offered to speak with her supervisor who advised her the person who takes care of those type of checks was not at her desk and did not know when she would be. Called later on in the afternoon and was told the check was most likely received on the 21st and transferred to the new location in Nebraska. Oh goodie! A new chapter begins. I am not sure the results of the BBB complaint I filed, since the BBB office at that county gave them an A+. I will most likely call them every day... if you have choice...

We are trying to rebuild our home from the floods and after fighting Ins. Company had to send check to Carrington Loss Draft dept. Going on 2 months since sent them Ins. check for 30k with 28k in receipt's. Have paid out of pocket and have got every different story you can get about when going to receive our money. Sounds like if can't answer or pay my money they are holding. Legal action has to take place. I have enough to deal with trying to rebuild our home then to put up with their lying ** any more.

Just venting on Consumer Affairs is not enough. More is needed. My personal experience is that as of September 1, 2016. My loan was under $3,000.00 and it was sold to Carrington MS. Just like all of you the transition was not smooth. As soon as I was able to acquire a loan number I started to expedite the paying off of my loan which was accomplished by October 15 2016. I paid electronically and with cashier checks. I sent checks by way of Fedex to track when items were received. The payment specifically stated principal only payments and nothing pertaining to my account was in arrears.

The payments were not made as principal only. I was told it would take some time 15 days to correct. I have since then faxed letters to C.E.O Mr. Bruce Rose and Senior V.P. of Operations Mr. Jeff Gillis. I have not been contacted yet. I have also faxed to the numbers which you can find online. I would ask all of you to do that also. For Texas residents you can contact Ken Paxton our Attorney General, and let him know what has taken place between BoA, Carrington and you. Also, it would behoove all of us to contact the BBB for Anaheim California and Loretta E. Lynch the U.S. Attorney General about this company.

Venting is not enough and Consumer Affairs may give us a place to document what has transpired in our personal lives but more needs to be done. Now are you ready to take the time and make the steps to collectively complain, to a source that can possibly make a difference? I have the fax numbers which I got from the Carrington MS Site. Carrington owes me money. My loan is paid off and I need my escrow money to pay my taxes. This is a same that they have done this to so many U.S.Citizens however there has to be a recourse. If anyone else has any other suggestions as to how we can help one another please document. We need to do more than vent we need to use the avenues that are out there for us to gain restitution.

As soon as you hear from Carrington, RUN. We were in the WV flood. We've been paying flood insurance for 10 years now. Long story short, for now, been living in a camper for 4 months now due to Carrington. They are unable to communicate without listening to lies from them, every day. We need to call them everyday because they never call back although they tell us they will. I will be back to tell the whole story later. Just be happy that you are not a Carrington employee. If I were, I'd be ashamed big time to work for a company that has never cared less about a customer than I ever experienced in 30 years. Shame on you!

We have been working with Carrington since beginning of June. It is now October 2 weeks before closing and they just denied our loan. I put my house on the market and sold it based on their pre-approval which was a joke. Every couple weeks they needed something else to make the loan work. Now that we have sold our home we have nowhere to go in 2 weeks when we close. I hope this company is put out of business for their corrupt practices. I have feel like they lied to me from the get go and just wanted to string me along. The first loan officer was horrible and we could never get ahold of him but when the manager called and asked us to give them another chance I thought it would be better. I should have went with my GUT that this company was horrible. Please be aware of anything this company tells you.

I received a letter from Chase indicating that they sold my loan. I immediately wanted to know what this dishonest institute was up to. I researched and discovered that Carrington has a poor record and have scammed many hard working Americans. I read a complaint by one woman who said her loan was previously service by New Century Financial (poor service) then was sold to Carrington (even worse). I wanted her to know that these two companies are one in the same.

These companies file bankruptcy and change their names around. I am researching to find out the connection between Chase and Carrington or Bank of America. (Is Carrington a subsidiary?) I am trying to be proactive after hearing many of the complaints filed by Americans. It is October 22, 2016. The change is scheduled to take place on November 2 2016. Unfortunately, after having read many books about the corruption in our federal government, FDA, banks, pharmaceutical companies, and overall decline in honesty in America I don't expect much from these institutions. I prayed for God's help. I will keep you notified.

I tried to get a loan with Carrington Mortgage and at first they said I was approved for a loan and told me to start putting in offers for houses. When we couldn't find anything they told us that they would need to run our credit again in order to update their files. We were still within 3 months of our pre-approval. They ran it again and this time they told us that they wouldn't be able to help us which makes no sense to me when our credit didn't change. The guy we spoke with pretty much said "we need to manage our finances better before he can help us out." I was offended because we were late on a couple car payments due to health issues. But he didn't care nor did he give us any compassion. I will never deal with this company ever again.

For several years we have owned a home with a loan that was eventually sold to Carrington Mortgage. No problems for a while. Until we moved. Then Carrington could not seem to get our new address put into their records... despite notes and phone calls, months went by with them sending the payment notices to the wrong address. Finally, one payment hit the 30 day late bracket and, on the occasion of our applying for another loan, we found they had caused a ding in our credit score, resulting in a 70 point reduction.

I called (again) to complain, explain, and request a removal or adjustment of their adverse credit report. In short, they would not do it. And told me that I could submit a letter requesting reconsideration for which they would take action and respond to "within 30 days". Three months later, they have not responded and, despite their adverse credit report, we refinanced and closed today.

Recommendation: Stay away from this company like the plague!!! All you have to do is look at the incredible number of complaints similar to mine to see that they should be defendants in a class action lawsuit and removed from the banking business altogether. I hope we can get some justice out of this company's pathetic attempt at business.

I spent a good part of an afternoon trying to get answers from this company. My balance is low. I have an insurance claim check with Carrington's name included as a payee. I want to apply that check and additional funds and pay off the loan. Staff were unable to give me answers, drilled me with unimportant questions, and hung up on me. I was told to send an email for answers. When I sent the email as directed, the response was, "Call the 800 number." I guess it will take another several hours to get the help I deserve. AVOID this company, which interestingly, answers the phone like a collection agency, rather than a mortgage company.

When Bank of America sold my loan to Carrington, it began the beginning of underhanded late fees and charges and continued discourteous services. I pay my mortgage from one bank to another at least usually 6 days in advance, once 10 days and still keep getting late feels from Carrington. I feel they are operating a scam and many of us mortgage lenders have been victimize and would like to initiate an investigation and class action suit. I'm thinking they are not opening the mail timely, they have selected Bank of America loan holders and are scamming us as I seen many of you having the same issues since the transition.

Ive written them and I think they screw up your credit to disable you from getting good scores and leaving you a forced choice to remain with them. I have verified my bank send out dates and it just can be they are getting things late. Furthermore they raise the mortgage amount and don't tell you, so if you are on a recurrent pay system you are automatically late. I've had an unblemished record prior to the load transfer and am disappointed that no one has opened up a law suit. I'm not trying to but I'm sick and tired of what's transpiring here. There is something very wrong going on here. I'm hoping consumer affairs looks into this as I too am going to make complaints to brokerage houses.

We my wife and I have lived in our current home for over twenty years and have had our account transferred from one lender to another with very little problems till we were transferred to Carrington Mortgage. The first time they cashed a check for the mortgage amount and not the extra we wrote the check for, true.

Then after that was corrected after being on the phone for over an hour we attempted to send in another payment with instruction that the remainder go to principal.

When we inquired they said they didn't know where to put it so they added some to our escrow and the rest to pay us up till December. We explained we filled out request online for it to go to principal but it didn't happen. We told the person on the phone we plan on paying off the mortgage by the end of the year and asked what we needed to do to make the final payment?

They said it had to be wired or cashier check, really you've taken all the other payments till now. It's like they are doing every thing possible to drain more money from those that have them as a mortgage company. Now, we are concerned that our money in escrow to pay our taxes and insurance might not be refunded to us in a timely manner. This is not a warm and friendly company to do business with. When you call them the recording sounds like a threat you are being recorded and anything you say can be used against you. Really how bout you cashing our check for an incorrect amount, isn't that illegal?

In answer to all the folks who are being robbed, duped or otherwise pissed off by Carrington Mortgage - here's a couple who won a lawsuit. I'll keep on searching for any class action suits even though I've sold my home and am only waiting for the buyers to close on it (thank you LORD). This mortgage servicer has been trying to take my home even though payments were always being made, although late (I live in FL - the house is in NC rented. Had to leave it vacant for repairs because of lousy 2nd tenant...). Anyway, if anyone finds anything - please post for the rest of us. Meanwhile, enjoy reading this couple's triumph LOL - HAH!

I have not received a monthly mortgage bill/statement since April 2016 for my May 2016 payment. In order to make a payment, I have had to make a copy of an old, out-of-date statement/bill to send my payment in. I contacted Carrington Mortgage June 2016 to let them know that, for some reason, I am not receiving a bill.

The person I spoke with, Steve, indicated to me, that Carrington Mortgage is not in compliance with bankruptcy rules and, therefore, cannot sent out bills. He indicated that they stopped sending out bills in June, which is not true because I stopped receiving them well before that. He indicated that if I wanted bills sent to me, I would need to fax in a request, which I did on two separate occasions. These requests apparently fell on deaf ears, because I have yet to receive a bill. The only thing(s) I received from them were in September 2016 indicating that my mortgage interest rate would be changing and what the new payment per month would be and also a break down as to where my payments went towards each month for the past year.

I also indicated on the copies of bills I had to make that I send in with my monthly payment that I have not been receiving my monthly statements/bills and that the requests had been faxed to the fax number provided. I also indicated to them that if I did not begin receiving them as request multiple times, that I would be contacting the Better Business Bureau, again, as well as Consumer Affairs, again. I also told them that if they were not in compliance with bankruptcy rules, what else are they not in compliance with. I have read multiple complaints regarding this company. I also told them that I would be bringing this to the attention of the attorney general of my state, as well as our country if need be.

Something is very wrong with this company. I should not have to go through all this in order to get something sent to me that should be sent. I did not opt out of having the statements sent to me! The statements/bills should be sent to me via US Mail! I cannot even print off a statement from their website as their website is not like others that I am able to print bills/statements from.

Unfortunately, I am not able to refinance my mortgage away from this company. My mortgage was sold to them from CitiMortgage a couple of years ago and it has been a nightmare ever since. The reason I cannot refinance to get away from this company is because I had to declare bankruptcy due to a divorce. It's bad enough that I had to file bankruptcy, but to have to continue to be treated the way that this company is treating me, is completely uncalled for. I feel that this company should be investigated and possibly put out of business because of the way they continue to treat the customers of the mortgages they obtained from banks.

On an updated note, I received a call from someone named Cheryl today, and she indicated to me that I would need to fax another request and include my signature and loan number, which was included on the previous faxes. She also guaranteed me that the matter would be taken care of. She also told me that since the loan was discharged from my credit, I am not obligated to make a payment which was why they no longer mailed out the statements/bills. I told that I was obligated and required to if I wanted to keep a roof over my head (as told to me by my attorney). She told me that I was not obligated and she knows an attorney who is educated. I told her that if I did not make a payment, that they would come after me and take my home. She said they would not come after me only the property. I told her that was the same thing.

She then laughed at me like I was stupid or something when I told her again what my attorney told me that I needed to continue making payments. I then told her she was ** funny and then discontinued the call. I am going to draft a letter to the attorney general in my state as this company seriously needs to be investigated. I have had only a few months with no problems until this. I really do not understand why our government can allow companies such as this to continue in business. I am sure that if enough people complain to those that matter, continually, such as attorney generals of our respective states, then something will need to be done. I am also considering sending something to the U.S. attorney general as well.

Who knows, maybe the reason why Carrington Mortgage is able to stay in business and treat people the way they do is because they are paying someone off through lobbying, etc. Just saying. I also agree that a class action lawsuit should be started. This company needs to be held responsible for the way they conduct their business, or lack thereof.

I have had the worst experience of my life with Carrington Mortgage when I decided to do a modification to bring my house payment down. I agreed to the amount and you have to send in 3 checks within a certain amount of time or you lose out on that modification. Well, they lost the certified check, so I sent another by FedEx and Carrington claimed there was no one to sign for checks!? So by the time my check was found, another modification had to be done and guess what the amount went up by $200.00, and it took almost 6 months or longer just to get that far.

When I agreed to the modification someone was in my yard taking pictures and told us they were from the mortgage company that our home had been sold and now Wells Fargo owned it. This is after 15 years of living with a mortgage and now I have sheriffs bringing me eviction notices. I need a lawyer desperately and I have a modification paperwork saying return it by Aug. 11, 2016 and guess when our home was sold, August 2, 2016. Why then would they send us modification paperwork when our home was sold and we never would have know if it was not for the person taking picture. I have 4 children and a loss.

I am not pleased one bit with how my account is being handled. Our mortgage was originally with a bank Of America and was sold to Carrington. We fell behind on payments but submitted payments. I contacted them asking to be set up on payment arrangements to get caught up. I submitted the documents, but they said they did not receive everything that was needed. I emailed them as they highly suggested 2 x's a week until they finally said they received them. By then I was told my account wasn't active and I would have to request to have my account reinstated. What?! Are you serious!? Well Thank you Jesus, that I was blessed with a large amount of money and was able to submit payment in full in June along with my June payment.

July, 8 made my payment online. It cleared my bank, but then I noticed that it stated I owed more money. For what??? I called the representative and he couldn't explain it to me. Said that I needed to request in writing to the research department for a breakdown of my account. He also stated that I had some money in a suspended account and once my payment was received that money should be posted to my account. Didn't hear anything in August. I submitted $39 to go along with the money in the suspended account to make a full payment.

Well now September I get a notice that they intend to foreclose. For what? I submitted my payments and was not behind. According to their letter I was two payments behind. Money cleared my bank account to them so where did my money go??? I can't get a response. I sent in a letter asking where my money was, sent in proof of my payments, and completed the packet to prevent foreclosure until the account was resolved.

I am very unhappy how this company handles the accounts and the representatives cannot help me out. If there is a class action lawsuit beginning I want to be a part of it. We do not have extra money to just throw around and I don't want to continue to send them money and they are not posting it correctly. They are now charging us for attorney fees, property inspection, appraisal, and so on. Why are they charging when no court actions have begun?

Carrington Mortgage Services Company Profile