Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options
3.73/5

Carrington Mortgage Services

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

799 Carrington Mortgage Services Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 22, 2019

Brandon ** provided me with excellent customer service during the refinancing of my mortgage. He was not only professional but also very polite and friendly with me in every interaction. He was very proactive in getting the process moving and keeping everything flowing. He was willing to step in and assist me even when his part of the process was complete!! When I had a family emergency, he kept the lines of communication flowing so that I was able to take advantage of the opportunity to refinance. I never once felt pressured by him. I really appreciate Brandon's help and his prompt responsiveness to all of my questions! Carrington Mortgage is very fortunate to have an employee of the quality and caliber of Brandon ** working there.

Original review: April 14, 2019

Thankful that Carrington reached out to me to lower my interest rates. Initially when I got my mortgage my credit was less than perfect and my interest was pretty high however my credit score improved over the years and that’s when Brandon from Carrington reached out to me. He explained everything in detail and gave me his office contact and cell phone number just in case I had other questions. Being able to text him when I was working was great way for me to communicate so minor details. Closing was done where and when I wanted. I really appreciate how effortless this process was and my refinance rate is low enough that can pay off my loan faster than I anticipated!!!

Get expert buying tips about Loan Modification Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I am skeptical by nature. But working with Gregory ** was a good experience. He helped us secure a great rate with little cost to us. Carrington picked up almost all costs associated with the mortgage. Further we were able to close quickly. Thank you Carrington and Gregory **. I also wanted to mention that after the loan closed, I needed to set up an automatic payment plan and was able to do that online. I had trouble because my closing loan number was not the same as my Carrington loan number, but their customer service rep was able to walk me through the procedure. So, I would recommend Carrington to my friends and anyone looking to get a professional mortgage deal.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I was looking for a house to purchase and found Carrington Mortgage Company through the recommendation of my brother-in-law who was a lawyer. I was very skeptical at first, but after reading a lot of reviews about them from different websites, I was finally convinced to go with them. They walked me through the documents that needed for the purchased, negotiation and refinancing process. Their communication was also impressive, they kept me updated with the progress and they were also very responsive to all the questions I had and explained everything to make sure I understand everything very clearly. My entire experience with Carrington Mortgage Service is absolutely great and I highly recommend them to anyone looking for an honest and reliable mortgage broker.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I’ve never been here personally, BUT I have dealt with Carrington and my experience was EXCELLENT... Even better than I imagined. 2 months ago I started the home buying process with my loan officer, Justin ** and Angie ** our loan processor. Let me tell you about Justin first, he’s caring, compassionate, and was there for me every time I needed him. When I felt discouraged, he lifted my spirits and reassured me that everything would be ok, he was great with me...

Angie, was nothing less than an Angel, she was sweet and also compassionate to me and my family’s need. She was on her job like white on rice. lol. The managers here are also great, they were also on the job making sure we were taking care of. I know that they have millions of customers, but they made me feel like me and my family were the only ones that mattered at the moment, they made us feel like family at Carrington. I am FOREVER grateful for them!! Oh, P.S. We closed on our home TODAY!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carrington Mortgage Services?

Original review: July 23, 2019

My mortgage was sold by Bank of America to Carrington. First year was uneventful. Then I started receiving notices of insufficient payment and penalties. I've always paid my mortgage via online banking approx. 2 weeks early so as never to have late payments. When I was out of town for an extended period, my rate changed. My original payment had already been scheduled and thus was paid at original rate...which was more than new payment! Instead of contacting me, my payment was applied to principal and the payment that month considered overdue! I have had 4 different situations of this occurring as my payment keeps changing.

I have spoken with representatives on all occasions. It takes hours to make them understand the situation. I have paid any underpayment necessary and have been assured multiple times that all has been straightened out. Alas, I have recently received yet ANOTHER notice that I have a underpayment. This is getting ridiculous!!!! Especially from someone who has not missed a payment and always paid early!!! Currently, my rate is MUCH higher than other lenders. Going to change ASAP!!! Be careful, all!!!

Original review: July 16, 2019

This company does not even deserve a 1 star. They are horrible at paying bills. I cancelled a homeowners policy, sent them all the requested documentation and they still paid on a closed policy. They say when a bill comes in they just pay it. They admitted to having the cancellation of the old policy, but yet did not reach out to me for any clarification.

I told them I needed my account flagged as fraud due to me turning in the insurance company that was sending them a bill on a closed account, they said they couldn't. Then all the monies that I was negative in my escrow account and caused my payment to just $500.00 additional a month they didn't even attempt to collect back, so I did the foot work for their carelessness behavior, they just didn't care. They never tell the same story, everyone has a different answer, you cant call the same person back, you have to call and tell your story every time to a different person. The worst customer service I have ever dealt with. I have begged for them to sell my loan.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I have asked many times in writing, email and by phone to please update my credit record and remove the RED Bankruptcy Notice on my monthly statement. It has been 6 months and I have provided all the requested and pertinent documentation to them many many times and nothing. I know for a fact that they keep notes on all your calls, emails, and letters but they don't care about updating their customer's credit records. I think is a way for them to keep you suppressed and locked with them.

Original review: July 6, 2019

We were closed within around 15 days of calling to discuss our refinance option. The whole process was very easy and our loan officer was knowledgeable about everything. The interest rate was good and I would definitely recommend Carrington for all of your mortgage needs.

Original review: July 2, 2019

We currently have a loan with Carrington, we decided to refinance and we were looking into Quicken Loans. Leslie ** reached out to us and has made us completely feel not like clients but more like friends and family. We have dropped Quicken Loans and because of Leslie, we've chosen to stay with Carrington.

Original review: June 27, 2019

We have worked with Austin on two separate occasions and both times he went above and beyond to help us with our refi. He was always friendly and answered our questions in a timely manner. Thank you so much Austin.

Original review: June 24, 2019

Chad ** and Whitney ** made the refinance process very smooth and issue-free. I was provided with various refinance options and was free to pick which option best suited my needs. I would highly recommend CMS for home mortgages.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Your Best Catch Recommendation: Both the loan officer & loan processor were the best. Shawn ** in Scottsdale Az was very knowledgeable about the products when I called to see what was available to us before we shopped around. Tiffany ** also was very knowledgeable about the docs and was able to answer all of our questions. I never felt pushed or stupid. I received excellent service (clear explanations, great follow up, very courteous/ polite). I worked for a Bank for 23 years and was very pleased with their support and how I was treated as a customer. Thank you, Denise.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I called to see if I could get an extension on ONE payment, after 9 years of never missing a payment, following a MVA (not my fault) that caused an injury and unforeseen expenses. I received no help, all I got were continuous "no we can't". I spoke to two different people, they sounded like they were reading from a paper. They both just kept repeating the same thing over and over again no matter what questions I asked. They never provided me with any alternatives. They made it their job to just get me off the phone. I will be transferring my loan at the first opportunity. Poor mortgage service, even worse customer service. Don't get a mortgage through these people. I'd give them 0 stars if I could!

Original review: June 10, 2019

Christine **, our Loan Officer, is an amazing person and she guided us with her knowledge and professionalism! She provided outstanding service throughout our entire mortgage process!! We highly recommend her to anyone looking to purchase a new home! Thank you Christine!! We love our new home!! Matt & Allison **

Original review: June 4, 2019

Being a first time homebuyer and also 203(k) renovations loan I was uncertain about many aspects of what to expect. With an unfortunate turn of events with both my first HUD Inspector and Contractor, it was Debra ** that smoothed out all the rough edges. Never aggravated when I called sometimes twice daily, always immediate in answering questions or getting the answer in a timely fashion!! I could not have survived this process without her! I recommend her highly to especially first time homebuyers!!

Original review: May 26, 2019

Good use of technology by qualified staff for smooth, timely processing of loan. Prompt and courteous responses at all levels including local appraisal and closing (loan office in California - property in Florida).

Original review: May 24, 2019

ONLY 2 REASONS WHY THEY SUCK!!! They really are that stupid & just don’t know what they are doing or they are a group of haters trying to hold you back & waste time & $! My opinion haters because nobody is that stupid!

Original review: May 21, 2019

The agent who started my refinancing case gave me the facts, cost and qualified me right on our first phone talk. From there on there was a series of basic documents requested and then straight to closing. Took about 4-5 weeks. I was able to shorten my mortgage term to 15 years and lower my APR to 4%. Bottom line, it was simple and saved ton a money. I will recommend this company to anybody who is looking to save some bucks.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I have dealt with a Carrington Mortgage on three houses and two refinancing deals. They have always gone above and beyond each time. Chase and Rebecca are two of the most customer driven and professional people I have ever dealt with. Highly recommend!

Original review: May 16, 2019

I'm just sick to my stomach about what this company has done to me. I divorced after a 20 year marriage. My ex wife took out a equity loan while we were together. To my knowledge the loan was never used as I received no payment requests from them or any kind or a statement on the loan. She then defaulted on the loan and filed bankruptcy. After the divorce my ex quit claimed the property to me alone. I was told by Carrington to apply to get her name off the loan. Carrington refused to do that unless I refinanced so I tried and they kept putting me off with excuses. After many months I quit trying. Now I get a message that lien is being foreclosed on. What the heck?

I try again to deal with Carrington. THEY ARE IMPOSSIBLE. NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING OR WHO TO TALK TO. They suggest I refinance to get her off title even though they knew she signed a quit claim deed. So once again I try dealing with this unknowledgeable and unprofessional company to get My home refinanced in my name only. This process took two months or more. I told the mortgage officer over and over that I was getting foreclosure papers and court orders from the lien holder. He kept telling me not to worry. I was current on my mortgage and have been for years. He says Carrington would know about any foreclosure proceeding and that since it was a second lien they could not go past the first. WE TRUSTED HIM! BAD MISTAKE!

I paid for an appraisal. I got better insurance. I started making repairs and doing everything I was asked to do. After months of delay and me expressing my fear of foreclosure and doing everything they asked. They refused the refinance. I was injured at work the year before and out of work for 7 months. Even though two months ago I went back to the same company doing the same job and I continue paying my mortgage to Carrington on time. As usual they told me to come back in a couple of years.

LONG STORY SHORT....The second lien holder did foreclose supposedly without Carrington knowledge. Then the company came in and paid off the first mortgage in my x wife's name and now I'm being evicted from a home I've been in for twenty years that I dutifully paid for up until the very month they sold the mortgage right out from under me. I'VE LOST MORE THAN $200,000 IN EQUITY AND AM NOW HOMELESS! I was given no notice. I signed nothing.

Everyone at Carrington plays dumb. They keep giving me the customer service number over and over which is of NO help. Even the lender we had been talking to all these weeks knows no one in the business higher than him and maybe his manager which he shields from me. There is no one I can talk to! Our lender who was so nice when I was applying for the loan now is just too busy to put any more time into me and can not help to direct me to anyone in the company who can help.

Yep they stole my property and sold it to the lowest bidder. They are done with me and the lender says well "guess this a legal issue" knowing because of my financial situation was impossible. RUN AWAY IF YOU POSSIBLY CAN. THIS CAN HAPPEN TO ANY OF THEIR CUSTOMERS. Like I said I'm losing my 20 year investment, my credit and my home for a $23000 second lien I didn't even know was delinquent. I was current on the mortgage always and the principal interest was very small compared to the value of the home, I signed nothing. They sold me out!

Original review: May 15, 2019

They always there for me and they give me all the information what I was asking for quickly answers. All the personnel that was involved was so nice and professional. They have good skills to work with the customers.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Avoid this company at all costs!!! I got behind. Was told not to worry. Just pay a little extra each month. This caused even worse issues. I was threatened with foreclosure. I took money out of my 401k. Paid well over what was required. They posted that payment 20 days later are showing I am 4 months behind. This is absolutely impossible. It is a never ending NIGHTMARE.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I was approached by Brian **, Loan Officer about refinancing my current mortgage under better terms. We were able to come up with a plan that will save money, lower my payment slightly and with very little personal cost. Brian ** was extremely professional, knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. I was very happy with my experience.

Original review: May 13, 2019

We were attended to immediately with such professional support from the people who represented Carrington Mortgage. Anytime I encountered a problem, I would email or call them and I had a response right away. Even with the person who helped us close the paperwork, was very helpful.

Original review: May 8, 2019

Reports late to credit bureaus when you pay on time. We have to dispute their reporting every single month! Company sends daily emails begging us to refinance and even sent us an email this morning telling us our loan was an adjustable rate and didn’t we want to refinance to a fixed? (We have a fixed!!!) A couple months ago when I called them to confirm they had received my payment, the lady went into an automatic questionnaire trying to trick me into answering questions to set up a refinance. Such a scam company!!!

Original review: April 26, 2019

I worked with Brian ** in refinancing my mortgage to use my home's equity to pay off some larger expenses I had on my house. Brian was always prompt in answering my questions (by phone and email) and was always professional and friendly. He is a plus to the company's good customer service.

Original review: April 22, 2019

My husband and I recently refinanced our USDA loan for a VA loan to cash out for needed home repairs. Our loan officer was Kerry **. He was very easy to work with and kept us informed of all that we needed to do. Kerry guided us through the process (some of it was a little tricky but he was great) and we were able to lower our interest rate and close with no problems. The repairs are in the process of being completed at this time and we are happy with our decision to stay with Carrington for our refinance.

Original review: April 20, 2019

Our mortgage through Nationwide was sold to Carrington Mortgage Services. I had been traveling since December and returned in April to the news and calls on my caller ID stating Carrington. No actual message was left. All calls and then hang ups. I get the mail this week and 2 envelopes with my name and then my husband's, from Carrington. I recognized the name from caller ID. Learn my mortgage has been sold. They offer 4 different ways I can pay (all costing me additional monies). I decline that and tell her I will put a check in the mail that day. I did, for the full $1900 (for March & April).

Today, April 20th a man pulls into our driveway. Comes to the front door but I can't open it because my dog will get out and bite him. I tell him so. He licks the envelope and sticks it to our door. It's from Carrington Mortgage. They have now sent someone to our home. If our interest rate wasn't so low and this house almost paid off I would refinance just to NOT do business with them. We own 2 homes and NO, I did NOT notice two payments of less than 2 grand had NOT been made from our checking account. Maybe if someone from your company actually left a message on our machine we would have known who you were. Bad way to do business.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Jim ** and Shannon ** were two of the most professional colleagues that I have ever worked with on a project of this magnitude. They both kept me up to speed with every aspect of each transaction. I have never been more satisfied with an outcome that practically had me pulling my hair out with anticipation, yet graciously maneuvered with utmost sincerity and promise. I believe that because of this experience I will certainly handle my finances better in the future. Thanks, Jim and Shannon, along with others who helped secure the process from beginning to end. Carrington Mortgage, you're the best. Yolanda

Carrington Mortgage Services Company Information