1.93/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

745 Carrington Mortgage Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

In September 2018, after 10 years, Bank of America sent me a letter stating they had sold my mortgage to Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC. Since I have been dealing with them, this has been a very horrible experience. Every time you speak to a customer service person, you are told something different. My account had gotten behind about 4 payments and I worked hard every payday to bring the account up to date. Every time I make a payment, they will send me a renewed Notice of Intent to Foreclose. My account is down to owing for just January and my new payment for February, but they continue to send me the same Notice of Intent to Foreclose letter.

Basically, no matter what you do, they will continue to threaten you and try to strike fear in you. I will not be bullied by them and pray the someone my loan is sold elsewhere very soon. I hate this company with a passion. I have a following of about 3,000 people on social media and have spread the word to not to do business with them if you can help it. I encourage others to do the same. Put the word out there and let others know to beware and stay away.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

By far the worst company I have ever dealt with. If your mortgage is ever sold to them refinance as soon as possible or sale because they are going to beat you out of your money. They applied 2 months' worth of payments to somebody else account then put 60 days late on my credit report and refused to remove it dropping my credit score tremendously.

Get expert buying tips about Harp Loan and Loan Modification Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Chase sold our mortgage to Carrington almost a year after we moved in. The following year we got a notice that our property was being sold at auction because the taxes weren't paid. After a run around, we got that settled, but not until we paid out of pocket for the property taxes. No reimbursement. Last year we had a little rough patch and got 2 months behind. The 3rd month we were able to make payments again and some months paid 2 payments, attempting to catch it up. November they rejected the payment and said that it needed to be paid in full. We sent a Western Union payment, that was also rejected.

At this point it sent our "past due amount" into the 90 days so they said they had grounds for Foreclosure. We call and ask what needs to be paid to stop the proceedings and they tell us $3,280. We overnight them a check, they hold the check for 5 days and then reject it, stating that the proceedings have already been filed and we need to pay the new amount. A guy delivers a legal docket to our home while we are at work and LEAVES IT WITH OUR BABYSITTER- not in a envelope or anything. She told them she wasn't the homeowner and that we would be home later that day. He left it anyway.

The paperwork for foreclosure wasn't filed until the day prior. They then tell us that we have to wait for the Reinstatement Letter to know how much to pay and give us 14 days to come up with the money. All the while, they're calling us asking why we aren't paying our bill and sending us statements. No lawyer will help and are telling us our only option is to pay up or file bankruptcy. What's to keep them from taking all this money (which we've had to borrow to even pay) and then still proceeding with the foreclosure process?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Like most others my mortgage was sold to Carrington Mortgage Co. Since then I've had nothing but problems. We make a payment on the 1st and it don’t get posted till the 20th or later and they charge you to pay them. Meanwhile my account is still acquiring interest on the money I already paid them. Several time they say we haven’t made our payment but it pulled out of my account a month or 2 months prior. Checking my credit score they reported I've missed 10 payments and was more than 30 days late 3 time which ain't so but has dropped my credit score so low I can't refinance with another company. This company has done nothing but steal my money. I called them and ask for a payment history for my account and after the rep being rude and playing dumb on the phone they finally said they would send it. I tried to give them my email address only to be told it has to be mailed to me.

Now after 6 months and 5 more calls to them I still have not received anything in the mail from them except another letter saying I was late on a payment that had pulled out of my account 4 weeks prior. And now when I call they are saying my payment went up due to tax increase in my county but when I ask for paperwork on it and what I had in my escrow account they gave me the run around about it. What they are saying on the phone and doing are 2 totally different things Somebody needs to investigate this company for fraudulent business practices. All they do is rob people. In 3 years my account has lowered less than the previous 2 years. How the heck is that even possible. For as many customers this company rips off. Surely there must be a lawyer out there that can take them down. WHAT THIS COMPANY DOES CAN’T BE LEGAL.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

We had CitiMortgage when they sold to Carrington. What a nightmare these last few years has been. We fought with them a year saying we never had insurance - which we always had with Allstate. Always losing papers. Meantime they added their insurance at a crazy amount. The last year of the mortgage was total hell. They continually locked us out of our account online from paying. When I called they said it could be made 10 days after the due date... In a window of a few days....that way our payment was always late. If I mailed the payment it wouldn't get processed for days.

If sent priority signature they said it takes several days to process. I had to go to Walmart and pay $22.00 to send by Western Union... Which I found out they couldn't block or delay. There was a time CitiMortgage paid a couple real estate taxes. So on every bill they had the total amount of the payment and showed elsewhere the tax paid. We always had the option to pay the total due to pay off loan. We almost always paid extra to pay on the tax portion also. Come to find out they didn't apply correctly. However we always had a payoff amount showing currently with fees, taxes and more online and on monthly statement.

At the last payment we was given over 5 different payoff numbers. The one in black and white, another they could never explain but was almost $5000 more than and others. Everyone with the company had a different number. They harassed and basically threatened to take our home continually. Tired of fighting and the endless phone calls. I paid the crazy figure of over $8,000 as requested online to pay what they wanted and go away. (Found out when by one of their people they sometimes lock the accounts to prevent you from paying unless you pay the total amount to pay off loan).

I paid it off online and money was transferred. Then the crap began again... One agent wanted over $2000 more, another said all is fine, another said $1000 more. I said I paid in full and I even got the next 2 statements showing balance was $0.00 and nothing was due. However one of the people would not stop calling. Sent certified registered letter to stop the phone calls, send deed and even sent copies of THEIR statements was paid. Even after that we still got calls. I had to send more letters to suppose their consumer office.

They then restarted the loan without our signatures for over $2,000. Sending us statements that we was missing payments. Threatening foreclosure. Attorney advised us to let them go and take us to court. He advised they would never want this in court because they would be facing a major lawsuit. In the meantime, they are holding our deed hostage. Over a year and still holding our house hostage. I'm seeing a consumer law attorney to file suit. Meantime... After we paid in full and restarted the loan without our permission they have reported to the credit bureau we are not making payments on a loan that was paid off.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carrington Mortgage Services?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

From what I've read from everyone else, they're either going through, or have already went through the same crap as I have, I should have gotten back a 177.00 From the overage on my insurance 2017, they said I was short, which was not true. Last year 2018, my insurance went down 1000.00. Again they had the nerve to say I was 487.00 short. I do believe it's time for a class action lawsuit against this company.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

My original BFA loan was as others report, sold to these vultures. Nothing but one problem after another! In the past six months I have done everything I can to keep from dealing with them, such as using my bank bill service for monthly payments, use their website to find answers to my questions and submit requests through writing for things such as payoff amounts, etc.

Now, I need my end of year interest amount for my taxes, which are completed and ready to go with this exception, and true to the low rate outfit they are, this is impossible for me to get; I get "hijacked" every time I attempt to log in to my account online. Instead of going to my account, which I can see for one nano of a second, I am redirected to a screen with an announcement about refinancing. I DO NOT WANT TO REFINANCE!!! If I did, I most definitely would not refinance with this band of outlaws. All I want is to be able to complete my taxes. Other customers, PLEASE pray that we all win the lottery so that we can pay our way out of this Hell doing business as Carrington Mortgage Service.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Had Bank of America who kept giving me the run-around in 2018 regarding the final $4,000 installment of a $24,000 insurance property damage claim from March 2017. I kept calling them because the repairs were complete and went thousands of dollars above the $24k so had to pay that out of my own pocket and wanted the last of the money to recoup some of my own money. After many months of stall tactics, they finally agreed to send someone to do the inspection. The inspector reported 100% completion on the repairs to my home. But, sly BOA had already sold my mortgage to Carrington Mortgage Services - the inspection was done about 10 days after the official transfer.

On to Carrington in September 2018 - when I called them about the status they said they would have to send their own inspector but I would have to supply them with all of my documentation since BOA did not transfer any of that to them. They also stated that if I sent them the inspection documentation from BOA they would honor it. So contacted BOA who sent me an almost blank page but did have my loss draft account number, name and address and a line on it showing the repairs as being 100% complete. I sent this, via certified mail, with every invoice and image of signed cashed checks from my bank, along with 2 contractor W-9s for $15,000 of the work. The rest of the work was done by Lowe's- fence replacement and various workers who were referred to me (so didn't ask for W-9s or maybe they don't even have W-9s) but I did have their letterhead invoices and cashed checks.

I explained to both BOA and Carrington that I couldn't find a reputable contractor to take on the entire project due to the fact that everyone told me they were already booked for 2017 so I ended up having to manage my own project, outside of the initial emergency work. December 10, 2018 - almost 2 years after the storm damage, Carrington rep confirmed they had the documentation and asked if I wanted to request an inspection. I said yes. She told me I'd be contacted within 2 weeks of the call. I got a call second week in January 2019 with an automated message from Carrington asking if I wanted to request an inspection (press 1) if one was already requested, press 2. So I pressed 2.

I called them on 1/15/19 to find out why I still hadn't been contacted by an inspector. After reviewing my account and documentation, the rep told me that I didn't need an inspection and that I should be able to just get my check. He said he would request for the funds to be sent to me. I got an automated call on 1/18/19 stating that my request was denied because I needed to provide signed and notarized forms for W-9 using a form from their website, for everyone who provided service for this claim.

So there's 'the guy' I found to cut up and remove the 70 foot Hemlock tree (neighbors tree that only hit my house). This was so someone could get to the hole in the roof and the hole in the back of my house. Lucky to have gotten someone since this storm affected at least 3 counties so no help was to be found anywhere at the time-- we just ran around the town to see if someone would consider us a higher priority than other damages due to the gaping holes in the house and subzero temps. Then there's the guy he knew to remove the stump. The electrical guy, a friend of a friend, to fix a downed wire quickly, because National Grid was going to shut me down for a few days due to downed lines next to the house. There are many more but I can probably get W-9s from them.

What I won't get and don't have time for is the notarization-- are you kidding me??? Just send someone to my house and you'll see the work is done!! I also provided them with documentation of another $12,000 that I put into the house for other things as a show of good faith that I take care of my house! It wasn't money I planned on spending in 2018 but thought I'd better get those things done before the house was painted (as a result of storm damage) so that paint job wouldn't get ruined (by 1 chimney repair and 1 replacement, had to replace more than half of the roof myself - only the damaged part of the roof was covered by the insurance) and more...

They keep the money to make sure you're taking care of the house that they have a vested interest in. I've done more than show them that 'their' asset is being taken care of. Not only do I pay my mortgage on time every month, I also make sure my home is taken care of! I was so hopeful that Carrington would be better than BOA but they're not. I'm so disgusted.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Horrible...they offered a natural disaster forbearance and called me every day stating I was late even though they clearly saw I was on a forbearance. I have spent more time talking to Carrington representatives than I have our insurance company and suppliers repairing our home in Panama City. #CantGetMyTimeBack #ThanksForNothing #Harrassment

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

My original bank sold my mortgage to Carrington Mortgage Service and the customer service people are absolutely HORRIBLE. They ALL have attitudes. They ask a million questions to get in your personal business and act like you are the worst person in the world. They call you a million times a day if you are 3 days or more late with your mortgage. I would not pick this company as my first pick for a mortgage.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Just like many others my Mortgage was transferred by Bank of America to Carrington in September. Carrington did escrow analysis October and said there will be shortage which will be spread across my mortgage payment over 12 months or I can pay it off at once. I decided to pay off the shortage amount. After they received the escrow shortage payment, they ran another escrow analysis again and said there will still be shortage. I called them for explanation why escrow analysis was done twice with 3 weeks period. They could not give me any explanation.

Since they charge fees to pay over the phone or through online account. I used BoA Bill Pay for my mortgage payment, I submitted payment through BoA Bill Pay on 21st of November, when nothing was posted to my online mortgage account. It took Carrington about 3 weeks to post the payment to my account on 12 of December. That experience and being fearful of what will happen if my payment was not posted before the 15th of the month have made me to decide to pay them the $5 convenience fee to pay online. There is no way to contact Carrington through email, which I’m guessing they intentionally don’t want to leave paper trail for their deception services. This company is phony and too dishonest.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I was also transferred to Carrington from Bank of America. This company is horrible. Within 2 months they raised my mortgage $118 dollars. And also stated that their escrow was higher than Bank of America. I told them that I didn't agree to their terms and they are not suppose to change the terms. After arguing with probably the dumbest person in customer service, She proceeds to tell me that it only went up 54 dollars. I told her what I was paying and what they had increased simple math, but she still couldn't see 118. Needless to say I was so pissed off I told them how much they sucked and hung up. First thing I did was refinance with Chase cutting off 2 years on the loan and got a lower rate. I'm now saving over 20000 dollars and have a shorter loan. And Carrington only got paid for the first three months, so I'm sure they took a loss on my loan.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Dragged my refinance along for 2 months. They said everything is going good, even after the appraisal they said everything Was good (which I paid $600 for) then before closing they said they couldn’t do it anymore. Would not have been a problem if they would have done their job to start with but last minute they found a reason why I couldn’t refinance. My opinion use a better qualified company!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

At first these guys were great. Then came end of year. My mortgage payment is being raised almost $300. Fine, property taxes. They didn't inform me of any change until I went in my account and saw my next bill. I was also supposed to receive a hard copy of my Escrow Analysis. Never did. Didn't know it existed until my unnecessary amount of phone calls with Customer Service today. But that's not the kicker here, folks. Oh no. The second time I called and talked to someone, I asked where in my mortgage documents I can see where they have the legal right to raise my payment after only 6 months. He told me he was going to put me on hold to confirm with his supervisor.

That dude comes back on and tells me they got a letter from FEMA saying I was required to have flood insurance but didn't have it. He then emailed me some document I've never seen, had no signature or name on it, and I don't have a copy of it in any of my closing/mortgage documents, that had a box ticked that my flood zone house with an FHA loan (which you can't not have flood insurance in a flood zone with an FHA loan) didn't require flood insurance. I went back to look at my monthly breakdown... Wanna know what was there? A MONTHLY FLOOD INSURANCE PAYMENT.

Guess what else? My online account had all the accurate policy information about my flood insurance. My only assumption is that this guy blatantly lied to try to make up some excuse and then sent me a fake document. The 3rd guy I talked to said he's never heard of them getting a letter like that, my account had no record of such a letter, and my account showed I had to have flood insurance and did. (He was nice but...) If you can, avoid these people.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Carrington Mortgage is such a rip off. My loan was transferred from BOA, who went up on my mortgage twice within 2 months for a suppose it escrow shortage prior to the transfer. Now Carrington had the nerve to go up after only being with them for 2 months. I have my mortgage deducted out of my bank account and they randomly went up without any notification. When I called, they claim they require more months of escrow cushion then BOA. Such a rip off, they are scam artist.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Bank of America sold my loan to Carrington Mortgage Services 3 months ago, Carrington proceeded to immediately raise my monthly payment to cover an "Carrington Escrow Minimum Balance Requirement". I called to find out why as my escrow balance ALWAYS has enough money in it to cover all escrow costs. The representative states they require a minimum balance of 2 month cushion. In my case that is minimum cushion balance of $1,100; additional to my regular escrow payments. Their agent told me the escrow department is not a bank and can charge whatever minimum balance amount they want for escrow. What a nightmare! Completely ridiculous, I consider that to be stealing - they aren’t paying me any interest for any escrow balance - but expect their customers to keep a minimum balance.

I have written in to cancel the escrow portion multiple times, Carrington has not acknowledged my request, when I called to complain and follow up, their reps state - there is no escrow department service via phone - I must write a letter via regular mail or fax a written request. I tell them, "I have mailed in my requests" - Carrington refuses to acknowledge my requests! This is a nightmare! Bank of America will not help in this matter, because they had the right to sell my loan, and are not responsible for anything the new lender (that BoA forced on me) that Carrington Mortgage Services does.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Like many others, my loan was transferred to Carrington from Bank of America in September. I have an excellent credit score and have never been late on a payment. Instead, I am on track to pay off my 30-year mortgage in 15 years. In other words, I am not profitable to the bank. Right before my mortgage was transferred, I made an additional payment to principal to Bank of America. If I had been given any warning that my loan was being sold, I would have waited.

Bank of America would apply my extra payments as monthly prepayments until the 1st of the month, then they would apply anything over the monthly payment to the principal. Carrington chose to keep my additional payment as a monthly prepay. I decided to make another additional payment to the principal in December. I called Carrington's customer service (service is a an oxymoron here) to ask them how to make a payment to principal. I made it very clear that I was not interested in a monthly prepayment; I wanted to pay down the principal. Their representative walked me through the process to make an additional payment on the website. I was hesitant, because there was no comment box to indicate that I wanted the payment to go to principal but the rep assured me that it would be automatically be applied to principal if I chose the "other amount" option.

December 1 rolled around, and Carrington (surprise!) applied my payment as a monthly prepayment instead of additional to principal. I called customer "service" again, and they told me that they would back it out for me and apply it to principal. They did not, so I opened a Consumer Financial Protection Bureau complaint. I also asked the rep how to avoid this problem in the future. She told me that the only way to be sure was to call and make the payment over the phone - an option that Carrington charges an outrageous $20 fee for doing. I told her that was unacceptable. She then told me to send a check. I pointed out all the reviews on this site and others that stated Carrington applied extra checks clearly labelled "principal" as monthly prepayments. She had not response.

Carrington's objective here is pretty clear. When you call customer service, you get treated to a recorded message about how they are a debt collector, anything you say can and will be used against you, blah, blah, blah. Did I mention that my account is on pace to be paid 15 years ahead??? Mortgages get sold to Carrington because they are unprofitable, and it is Carrington's job to make it profitable by collecting outrageous fees and making it impossible for you to make extra payments. I cannot understand how they get away with this. They would not be in business if consumers had a choice of mortgage servicers.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

My mortgage loan was sold to them by BOA in September. The first two months went fine. Then November came. First they sent me a late notice on the 10th of the month because my payment wasn’t made by the 1st. I have over 25 years in the financial industry and every bank I’ve worked for or had a loan with your payment is not late until after the 15th. Then I got my statement on 11/26 for my Dec 1st payment and my monthly payment significantly increased. When I called the customer service rep was totally rude and didn’t give a crap about what I was saying. I was told that it was because my escrow account was short for my property taxes because they had increased.

First my property tax bill for this year hasn’t been sent to anyone yet and the figure he gave me was what was paid in 2017 which was almost exactly the same as 2016. Yes my escrow account was going to be short by about $50 because something else increased in this year. In my past 30 years of experience that is what an escrow analysis is done for after the first of the year and then your payment gets adjusted and you pay your shortage. My new payment amount has me paying almost $1,000 over what I need in my escrow account not to mention I never received any notification that my payment was going up.

I was told they ran an escrow analysis after the loan was transferred to them. I told them I never received it and the wonderful customer service rep told me they didn’t have any control over the mail. He didn’t even offer to sent me a different one. I was also told that they are required to keep a two month cushion in the escrow account at all times. And I’ve never heard of a financial institution changing payments in December. So apparently now it’s legal for a company just to keep your money. I have never had horrible of a customer service experience. I highly discourage anyone from doing business with this company. I had to give them a one star rating here. I feel that is too high.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I have been with Bank of America for 12 years. These people ran a short escrow and made my payments go up and they want a 2 month cushion. They are full of crap and I'm reporting them to the state of Texas for fraud! Their call agents are rude and clueless. They keep saying they are not a bank and don't follow bank rules. I pray they sell my account. What a nightmare!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Like many other reviewers, my Bank of America mortgage was sold to Carrington in September 2018 (I'm not really sure why since my house is worth much more than the mortgage and I have an excellent credit rating). In August, I was fortunate enough to get a new flood insurance rating, saving over $2100 a year, which makes for a significant savings in my monthly escrow. However, it is now November and Carrington still has not adjusted my escrow. I have told it should happen in December and if the difference is over $50 I will get a refund in 15 to 30 days after the change has been made (the difference will be several hundred dollars after over-paying for three months). Customer service regarding this issue has been beyond frustrating.

The Carrington customer service people I speak to don't seem to be able to answer my questions, and I feel like I get the "runaround." In addition, paying my mortgage each month has become a headache. In order to pay online, I have to pay a $5 "convenience fee." Seriously, I have to spend money to give them my money? I have been calling to pay each month to avoid the fee. It just irritates me that I have to pay a fee to pay my mortgage. For anyone looking for a mortgage company to purchase a home, steer clear of Carrington. Of course, even if you don't go with Carrington, you might end up with them anyway when your lender sells your mortgage.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

BoA sold my mortgage to Carrington 2 months ago. I never received notice from Carrington about my account #, like I was supposed to. When I called they wouldn't even apologize, the guy didn't even care. Acted liked it was my fault. Now I go to pay my bill only to find they charge you a "convenience fee" to make payments...that's right, they charge you MORE money to give them money.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I have purchased two homes through Carrington mortgage in the last two years and I have nothing but good things to say about my loan officer Meghan and both the processors I worked with in each transaction. The process was smooth and I closed on both homes in less than 30 days and have been serviced by Carrington Mortgage as well and had no issues thus far. Thank you Carrington Mortgage.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

My mortgage was transferred to Carrington from Bank of America with no notification. They sent me a letter in the mail a month later after I tried to contact them numerous times. They charge convenience fees for every function. It seems criminal. Their website and automated function don't operate at all. It seems like they want problems. I just want to make a payment. It shouldn't be this difficult. We (their forced consumers) should file a class action lawsuit to straighten this out. This is unacceptable!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I would not recommend this company to anyone! BoA sold our mortgage to Carrington in September 2018, most likely because the property is worth less than the mortgage. Since then, we've had nothing but issues. We never received any correspondence from Carrington with an account number or their so-called welcome packet. I called them in September to get my new account number so I could make a payment. They told me that they were still transferring all the information and my info/new acct number hadn't yet been set up in their system. I was advised I would receive a letter in the mail once the account was established, and when I asked about the September payment, they advised me that it would not be considered or reported late.

I had to call in October because I still hadn't received anything. Finally, they provided me with an account number, but I chose not to pay over the phone or online because of their $5 fee. I mailed them a check for September and October payments and they cashed it. Now today, they had someone go out to my property trying to give my tenants an envelope addressed to me. At 8 o'clock on a SATURDAY MORNING! Not only that, but this individual was also asking the tenant for my address and phone number... that Carrington already had on file (I gave it to them earlier this month when I called them to get my account number)! I'd already called Carrington after they cashed the check for the payments to make sure they didn't need anything else, and the rep assured me that they did not. Now to have them visiting my property and essentially harassing my tenants is unacceptable. I am anxious for Monday so that I can call my lawyer about this situation.

PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR... READ THE REVIEWS ON THIS SITE. You'll be able to tell which reviews come from people who've actually dealt with this company versus the ones that seem fake. If you aren't so fortunate and are forced to deal with them, be sure to document EVERYTHING, including phone calls, get the names of the representatives you talk to, and consult with your lawyer. This place is unprofessional and just bad business all around.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

On August 2, 2018 I was reach out by a representative from Carrington Mortgage named David **. On that day I submitted all the paperwork he would need to get this loan started. About 7 to 10 days later I received an email from Dave saying I was pre-approved for a mortgage and he would order a home appraisal which was a nightmare done by a man name Steven **. The report came back with a few minor things which were easily repaired. After that nightmare was resolved I waited to find out when the paperwork would be ready to sign another 7 to 2 weeks went by and no contact from anybody. By now it's labor day that Tuesday I called to see how things were going they told me that Dave had quit a week ago and I had a new loan processor Douglas Earl ** who had no clue what he was doing.

By now we are well into mid-October enter Joe **. He promised he would make this loan happen. Just needed a few more pieces of paperwork. Today 10/26/2018 Joe could not make the loan happen. If it was done properly and at normal amount of time the loan would have gone through. I make out my credit cards thinking this loan is coming to get some work done around the outside of my house. Now Joe tells me something different. They say their goal is 100% satisfaction. I would give them 10% satisfaction.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

If your mortgage was sold and now serviced by Carrington you need to understand it's their job to flip these loans either by forcing you to refinance, pay off or foreclose for as little as a 3% profit. After 22 years mine was sold to them too, I did a little research. Your mortgage was bundled and sold with what Wall Street considers nonperforming loans, either you are behind on payments, you have a low credit score or your loan balance is more than the house is worth. Once Wall Street groups buy your mortgage it's assigned to trustees who in turn hire Carrington to make sure that flip happens. This is their true purpose so they don't really care if your loan gets handled correctly.

You need to make sure that you adhere to the terms and conditions in your contract, then you need to create as much of a proven history with your dealing with them as possible, make copies of everything and create as much proof as you can in every single dealing you have with them. If it's something as simple as a fax you need to pay to fax it so you can get a receipt and a printed transmission verification report, this is all that will save you in court, you have to protect your own self and that start by collecting proof and evidence. I was not behind on my mortgage. I simply had a low credit score due to it being the only thing on my credit, we had no other debt and pay cash for everything, they got my loan in May of 2017 and they kept telling me not to make a payment. They didn't have me in their system yet.

I finally told them I had a 10 day grace period on my payment that was about to expire, I made my payment anyway (in keeping with my contract) by Western Union, they not only denied receiving my payment it took getting Western Union involved to get them to acknowledge it and they still didn't credit my May, June, or July payments until August all while sending me foreclosure notices, something I'd never received in 22 years.

Skip to May of 2018 exactly a year and they didn't credit the payment they received electronically from my bank on the 15th (my payment is due on the 20th). I faxed them a detailed report the bank printed out that contained all the transaction codes and a letter from the bank stating they did in fact get my payment on the 15th, I had to do that 7 times after which they sent me an unsigned letter asking for a copy of my bank statement which they did not need (they are fishing to see how much money you have which didn't work with me because after my research I talked with a lawyer who advised we set up an account for nothing but paying our house payment). I had to fax them a copy of my bank statement along with the original faxes an additional 3 times before they credited my payment and they still didn't credit it for the right date, they listed the payment received on the date they finally decided to credit it not the day they received it.

I made my payment on the 5th of this month and it has not been credited yet either and I bet you're wondering if I can prove anything I'm saying, you bet I can, everything from a copy of my credit report that shows nothing on it but my house which was in good standing with no late payments to a receipt and transmission verification report for every fax I sent them.

At this point I'm building proven paper fact evidence against them that they have a history of not crediting my payments, that's why I tell you all to get as many forms of proof that you can and it's best if you make your payments through something like online banking instead of directly through them because it creates evidence that can be corroborated by a third party. There are many state and federal resources I have not seen mentioned in any statement here that people must not be aware of but if they keep playing games with me I'm going to start a website with a list of all of them.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

BFA sold my mortgage to them last months. Have been with BFA for 10 years. Why? Carrington Charging fees for everything: Paying mortgage online, over the phone or via automated Pay-by-Phone system. I think 5 star reviews above are fake.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

My mortgage was sold to Carrington in September 2018 and I register to pay my mortgage online. Guess what? They have a Convenient FEE of $5.00. In 28 years, that's a total of $1680.00 and for what? They want you to go paperless. Isn't this the whole thing, to eliminate paper, so the costs are lower? I never heard about a Convenient FEE! I don't like them!!! I hate them!!! The customer service suck too!!! "Is nothing I can do about it... blah, blah, blah. If you don't like us, you can refinance". Why? I have a very low interest rate.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

My mortgage was sold to Carrington in September 2018 and this has been the most unprofessional and horrible experience ever. The representatives have been rude and threatening. Someone showed up at my home with a letter in a handwritten envelope and gave to the person at my house. It was not sealed and had my personal information in it.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I was working with Justin from Carrington for about 2 months, all my paperwork had been submitted, and according to him, approved. I received 2 preapproval letters that corresponded with the properties I was looking at. I am under the belief that as soon as I find a house I like, everything would go smooth. Justin called and stated that they are looking at my student loans, which are not in default/nor have bad reporting on my credit, the balance is high but in good standing. I informed him in the beginning that I had this loan and that was the only outstanding debt I had, which he should have seen when he pulled my information in the beginning. After he stated they were reviewing this, I have not heard from him since, no phone calls, no emails, which was not surprising because his communication was awful throughout all this.

I should have taken the advice of my agent who told me that they had a bad reputation. I actually lost a house because the seller's agent went with another company who she had worked with prior to, and also worked with Carrington who she had a terrible experience with. This company should be reviewed by the feds/state to look over their practices, something shady is going on. No one is working during office hours, then you get a call out the clear blue on a situation that most of the time has been resolved. I went to another company the next day (Movement Mortgage), who has had great communication, day and night. Approved within days and finalized within a week or so. No headaches, no lapse in communication, everything went smooth. I close in 2 weeks.

Carrington Mortgage Services Company Information