Carrington Mortgage Services

Compare Harp Loan and Loan Modification Companies

Research top Harp Loan and Loan Modification Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I logged online to my Chase account to pay my mortgage & the site said I didn't have an account. I called & found out they sold it to Carrington so I called Carrington to pay them. They won't take my money because they said I'm in the transfer stage & to look out for the welcome packet, they said may account was transferred to them as of Feb.

I recently switched from a job that pays weekly to 1 that pays monthly so I was attempting to pay 2 months (Chase was aware of the job change & notated my account that a double payment was scheduled for Feb). I'm getting concerned. Whenever a company declines to take your money, there is problem. So far I've been with Carrington 10 days & have no clue what the hell is going on, have no welcome packet & no way to pay my mortgage; but if they send me a foreclosure letter then I'll be the guy in the wrong legally. These guys suck, but I'm stuck with them.

Myself like all the others had my mortgage sold to Carrington Mortgage. Once I got the new account number I made my payment which took 3-4 days to be posted to my account. When I called to inquire how this can be done quicker, she stated the only way it could be done quicker would be to do the automatic deduction from my account. I knew that wasn't going to happen and informed them of such. Two months later my payment went up $100.00. When I called I was told it was the cost of living. I accepted that ** reason until it went up again $200... This time I was told it went up because I didn't pay my escrow bill. When told I never to the escrow bill, I was told that's my problem. I needed to check with the post office AND "No one pays their escrow anyway so we didn't think anything of it." I couldn't believe it!!!

I finally found out the amount for escrow. I paid it by mail. I mailed in the escrow and my monthly payment at the same time in 2 separate envelopes because they each went to different addresses. The monthly payment was received but not the escrow. Once again I was told to check with the post office. Everything I put in the mail that day was addresses/taken care of EXCEPT the escrow. Carrington has problems. I was finally tired of dealing with such incompetency that I took a loan to get rid of them. I asked for a payoff, that took 2 weeks. When I finally got it, it had a payoff date for 2 years AND a $500... late fee. It looked like I had to pay extra for paying loan off early. When I questioned it I was told by one person "If that is what it says you have to pay, then that's what you pay". I was not happy with that statement. I just hung up because I knew I was going to stoop to her level and I didn't want to do that.

I called back (of course I got someone different) who stated the amount was incorrect, wouldn't/couldn't tell me any specifics. I had to call back in one week which I did and that person had no idea what I was talking about. He had their copy of the form that was sent to me. He also stated something was wrong BUT was able to tell me the problems. He had to send it to the supervisor. They must have all agreed it was incorrect because I received another payoff amount without requesting it (imagine that). I paid the balance from the loan I had taken. When asked how long it would take to get the amount owed to me, she said she had no idea. I then asked "when I owe you money, you get nasty, rude, blow up the phone to get your payment but now you owe me money and you have no idea how long it takes. I'm sure you have no idea how stupid that sounds but I'm going to hold on while you ask someone. I would like an answer TODAY."

I probably should have been nicer about it but my tolerance of the company was very thin. I got my answer and then told her that I would like a letter stating the loan was paid in full and whatever other paperwork I'm suppose to get. I wanted all this within that 30 day period of time. I stated I will be calling on day 31 and will be just as rude to them as they have been to me during the time they had my loan. Told her I talked to them more in 4 months than I talked to the other company in 15 years.

I also told them they should read the reviews on BBB, that they are not even close to being good. Not one person had something nice to say. Every one that I read was a complaint. That is not good. I was able to get rid of them. They are the worse company ever. If your mortgage is sold to them, I suggest you refinance with someone else. Carrington Mortgage is an awful company. They should be reported to whomever can dissolve them. Oh, I had to give a rating 1 star to be able to continue. It should be no star/0 rating. They don't deserve and should not get anything.

Slab Leak December 27th, Garland Texas, paperwork submitted three times and insurance checks have been paid. However a month of calling, every week, to hear 7-14 days for the approval dept, call back again and again, only to hear, "You don't have all the paperwork and you must use a contractor. We need more affidavits to send you a check and it will be 7-14 days for approval." Ask for supervisor 2-3 day call back on response time. Do you see where I'm going with this? NO MONEY! Filed a complaint Consumer Financial Protection Bureau because I'm done!!! We are not trying to skip town; my wife and I would just like to put our house back together with the insurance money!

If I could give NEGATIVE STARS I would. I cannot begin to explain ALL the problems I have had with Carrington since Chase sold my mortgage in November 2016. I'll make it simple for everyone. If I wrote the full details of the issues it will turn into a book! First payment due, 12/1/2016. Never received a letter or had any indication in my online account that I was setup with Autopayment. I made a mortgage payment on MONDAY 11/28/2016. Received letter on SATURDAY 12/3/2016 that on THURSDAY 12/1/2016 my mortgage payment would be auto-debited. Note, that is TWO mortgage payments in one week. AFTER both payments are made my online account stated that the next payment was due on 2/1/2017. They appear to acknowledge the double payment, so they will skip a payment in January.

On Friday 12/30/2016, escrow analysis is posted online with an escrow shortage. On Tuesday 1/3/2017 I make the escrow shortage payment online WITH the rep on the phone. She puts in a request for the funds to be applied towards escrow. On 1/1/2017, I was auto-debited AGAIN another mortgage payment, although they said the next payment was 2/1/2017. I called and LUCKILY received a refund check within 2 weeks. Two weeks after escrow shortage was PAID, my online account said the funds were applied towards the PRINCIPAL NOT ESCROW. Which means in two weeks my mortgage payment is going up almost $100. I called for two weeks, spoke with different reps, sups and departments, no one could give me an answer as to when the funds would be transferred to escrow and new escrow analysis would be complete.

On 1/31/2017, I made one last effort to RAISE HELL to have the funds and escrow analysis completed before the mortgage payment was due on 2/1/2017. Supervisor said he'd do everything possible to have it done by end of day 1/31/2017. He called at the end of the day to confirm everything was complete and informed me of the new mortgage amount. I confirmed online and it did in fact reflect the correct amount. GREAT!

On 2/1/2017, I checked my online BANK Account and to my lovely surprise I was auto-debited the incorrect amount!!! It was if I NEVER paid the ESCROW SHORTAGE. I Called Carrington who said there was NOTHING THEY COULD DO. They could NOT refund me the difference, they can ONLY refund me the FULL mortgage payment amount which means I would be reported to the credit bureau for a LATE PAYMENT. The supervisor said the ONLY thing I could do was to provide them with a copy of front/back of the check and copy of bank statement... Now, let's think about this; she wants a copy of a check...???!! THE PAYMENT WAS AUTO-DEBITED!!! WHAT CHECK IS THERE TO SHOW???!!! This company are a bunch of thieves and take your money and do as they please with it!!! Run from this P.O.S. company!!! From day one I've had issues with them and I've only been with them since November 2016!!!

I wish I can do 0 star, as other reviews here I see I'm not the only one experiencing same situation. BOA sold my account to this company and is the worst customer service ever. Representative have no customer service skills and even if they have to say no to your request there are so many ways to explain the customer why the answer is no, not just saying a plain NO. Educate customer about policies and procedures and reason you are not able to grant what customer is requesting.

And this review is based in the only 2 calls that I have made to them... So I do believe they all need a customer service training so they can become more effective... English is my second language but my experience with customer service is over 25 yrs customer service management and sales... I am very disappointed that BOA sold my account to this company. I have been a BOA customer for so long and I'm still a customer with excellent credit and I have no complains with BOA. This company should invest on their personnel providing them with the tools to be more efficient, professional, enthusiastic, courteous and polite with customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carrington Mortgage Services?

Simply the worst. I can't believe that haven't been investigated for fraud. I have experienced almost all of the above complaints in the 10+ years since I refinanced with them. Awful, incompetent, dishonest.

November of 2016, Bank Of America notifies me that they have sold my mortgage to Carrington, which will be handling the account as of December 2nd. I call B of A to confirm the info & payment requirements. I am informed that I and my mortgage are in a 60 day grace period, and there will be no penalties for late payments during that time. I wait for the letter from Carrington. Letter arrives December 16th, the day before my payment would be considered late if I were not in a grace period. I go online & pretty easily set up my online account and make the first payment to Carrington. At that time, I also learn that Carrington gives me until the 16th of each month to make my payment before a late fee is applied. It took them 3 business days to finally take the payment.

Fast forward to January 9th, 2017. A member of Carrington's staff calls my wife and starts demanding immediate payment or she will begin foreclosure proceedings. I get a call from my stressed out wife. I leave work to come home and call Carrington. I spoke with a very nice lady (Curcinna) who assured me that my payment would not be considered late until the 17th. I made her repeat the statement to me 2x and asked her to put comments in my account to the effect of our conversation. I then ask her to find out who called my wife with the heavy handed language & threats. She was unable to do so, and she was completely confused why anyone would have called us considering that we were still in the "grace period" after loan transfer. I end the call, confident that this was a one time screw up.

The following week I receive a letter from Carrington about our allegedly "late" payment & that they will not hesitate to foreclose on us. In the same letter, were the facts that the payment is due on the first and it is not considered late until after the 16th. CONTRADICTION IN THEIR OWN LETTER! I went online on the 13th & made payment for January 2017. It took Carrington until the 17th to finally take the money from my Bank of America account! Do these people not have computers and an internet connection? I can upload a video to YouTube & have it up in under an hour. I will be seeking re-fi with my credit union and happily rid myself of Carrington's strongarm methods. Why hasn't the feds shut these clowns down?

Citibank sold my mortgage to Carrington Mortgage Service February 2016. They notified me about one month prior and advised me that Carrington will contact me with acct. no. information. They assured me the terms of my loan and the monthly payments will be the same. I sent my February payment to Citi, since I had yet to hear from Carrington. Citi transferred the payment to Carrington. Finally, Carrington sent me the expected letter, however, the monthly payment was approximately $30 more. I promptly called, and was advised that the difference was mortgage insurance. I insisted that I am not assessed that fee. After five days, I followed up, and it was finally resolved -- had to insist that I get the proper amount in writing.

Now I am refinancing my loan with my bank. I just got notified by my new lender that the principal payoff amount is actually more than $1000 more than the payoff amount in October! The lender recommended that I contact Carrington, because there is no way my principal amount should be more in January than in October. I followed through with Carrington and have been bounced around. The rep said he had no idea, maybe my escrow account. I said, "no". My real estate taxes were paid in December 2016 for the tax year 2017 (and that is only $500). My homeowner's insurance was paid up in May 2016. I changed insurance companies! Now I have been referred to "Research Department", however, must fax my inquiry and provide "proof" that they have overcharged me. Looking at the feedback on this company, I smell "class action".

I am trying to get on disability, as I am no longer able to work. My husband does not make enough money to cover all of the bills but we've been surviving. We got behind on our payment (two months) and when I called and offered to make one month's payment, I was told that I could not do that, that they needed the whole amount. Then we got a notice from the court for foreclosure. We borrowed enough to reinstate the loan and bring us back to $0. That was on November 22, 2016.

We just got another letter of Notice of Intent to Foreclose saying that we owe almost $4000! I called and the woman I spoke with was EXTREMELY RUDE! She said that OBVIOUSLY we don't have enough money to keep our house so she was just going to send us the paperwork to liquidate the property. I lost it! She had no idea why there were so many "extra fees" on our bill (our payment is only $700). We are being FORCED to pay these fees that no one can identify! What else can we do?

My loan too was sold to Carrington mortgage without me knowing it. I miss Dec. 2016 payment, received a foreclosure notice as of Jan. of 2017. Since Jan. 2017 I have made three payment. This company sucks. I never had any problem with Bank of America in the 15 years I been with them!

Our home loan got turned over to this company from BOA. They are by far the worse loan company I have ever been involved in. I honestly don't think anyone communicates with one another in this company and the continuous calls one after another. They sent us a payment coupon of 3556.28 at the end of December which also included January payment. We paid this amount in full in January. We just got Febuary payment coupon and they are saying we owe 2055.98.

Of the 3556.28 we sent, they only applied 1500.00! And of course the phone calls and foreclosure letters coming in. They claim they never receive the money but yet it has cleared my bank account. Every year we would always get an escrow check but never once with this company. I honestly think they make up stuff to have people pay more and they withhold the escrow checks. I wouldn't wish this company on my worse enemy!

Carrington purchase my parents mortgage last year 2016. They never sent a "welcome letter" until 90 days after they asked over the phone to pay them or they will fall behind on their mortgage and lose their home, but because the payment increase significantly my parents wanted to see the changes in writing. On the phone CMS said their Mortgage interest rate increase to 7%, which was impossible for them to pay because they are retired on a fixed budget.

In Nov 2016 they had to refinance because the payment was too high and they could not afford it. The mortgage broker sent confirmation fax numerous times to CMS requesting information to close their modification with a new mortgage company. CMS said they never received the documents, it took weeks for them to actual confirm receipt of documents and then said it will take 5 business days to complete and get back. The mortgage broker ask to at least confirm over the phone with my parents that all payments were made on time because they did not report anything to the credit bureaus since they had the loan. They said no, they won't even confirm over the phone with my parents any information and they will have to wait 5 days for the documents to return.

When the documents were return in 5 days my parents were advise to call CMS and tell them they will report them to the CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Board http://www.consumerfinance.gov/) and then they sent the information right away. This company is very unprofessional and violated my parents consumers rights. My parents are closing on their modification tomorrow but will be reporting CMS to the CFPB immediately! I advise everyone else to do so also to stop them for taking advantage of consumers.

Chase sold my mortgage to Carrington Mortgage Services. Chase refused to take my Nov payment because they were in the process of selling to Carrington. I placed a call to Carrington to set up payment because I didn't want it to be late. Carrington told me they were still working on the turnover on the 15th of Nov and to just send the payment on the first of Dec. I used my bank's bill pay system like I have done for every payment I have made in the last 8 years. They sent payment on the first for Nov. On the 2nd of Dec I sent another payment for the month of Dec. On Jan 1 I sent a payment for Jan.

YESTERDAY Jan 10, I received a certified letter that they had received the Dec 1 and Dec 2 checks. The money is not in my account. The letter was in Spanish, and informed me that foreclosure proceedings would start on Jan 12th if not resolved. I have spent over 2 hours on the phone trying to clear this up, and nobody will call me back for an update. Should I hire a Lawyer? I sent them bank statements and tracking info to show the payments were received. Still no word.

Carrington owes us $1043.74 from our escrow. We refinanced with another company in October 2016. Loan was paid off November 1, 2016. We informed them that the new mortgage company was paying the taxes. They waited until November 15th to send in a check to the treasurer's office which is after we contacted them about owing us money from escrow. The treasurer's office refunded the money back to them on December 9, 2016. Today we are told that Carrington received the money back on December 29, 2016 but has not processed it yet. They state that the funds now goes back into escrow then a check will be issued to us. I explained we no longer have an escrow account as the loan has been paid but they stated this is how they do business. They cannot give a date as to when we can expect to receive our money either. We are going to seek legal counsel if we don't receive our funds back by January 19, 2017.

I am a Real Estate Sale Agent in PA. I am helping my client to do a Loan Modification. I have sent complete loan modification package to Carrington Loan Services and called (Fax # 1-877-267-1331) (Phone # 1800-561-4567) them several times to follow up and every time I follow up they say that they received documents but are incomplete. I keep all the copies of all faxes and all emails sent to them. Last time I send documents was 12/7/2016. I called them on 12/10 to confirmed that all document were received and they said that I need to wait 10-15 business day since they need to have documents upload in their system. They mentioned that they will closed during the holidays to call back after the new year.

I called today and they said they closed file because they never received complete documents. My clients who is in hardship cannot afford a lawyer at this time. I am not charging anything to him and now he will have no place to live since his house is now in foreclosure. If a lawyer is willing to help my client start a lawsuit against Carrington Mortgage Loan Services, please let me know. Thank you!

My loan was sold to these clowns from BOA and I have had terrible experiences with them from day one. Their 'automated' phone system is designed to annoy customers enough that they are hoping we'll just hang up and leave them alone. I have never had less than 40 MINUTES of wait time when calling. And often, once I get an actual human, they are clueless as to what is going on with my account. They simply transfer me to someone else who ALSO doesn't know what's going on.

I don't understand what is going on in this company. We have the internet. CSRs and managers should be able to look in a computer system and see what is going on with their clients. They should be able to log their interactions with us. They should be able to communicate with one another. But every time I call Carrington, I get the sense that every person working there is sitting in a cubicle by themselves on an island, surrounded by static. I understand that the people in customer service are making minimum wage and could not care less about me or any of their other customers. But CARRINGTON SHOULD. People calling for help should not be treated so poorly. This company should be deeply ashamed of the way it treats its patrons. I cannot wait to pay off my mortgage and NEVER have to deal with this company again.

I'm really getting concerned now. I have read so many reviews that are in the same position as myself. In November my contract had been sold from Chase bank to Carrington Mortgage. I still have not received a contract or payment plan. Each time I call I get the run around that it is still in underwriting. I sent one payment which has not been applied but they cashed the check. One person tells me that right now it looks like I'm behind but I'm not. My Sept, Oct and Nov payments went to Chase but Carrington is claiming not paid. I completed a bankruptcy a year ago to not lose my house. I don't know where to go to for help.

Hurricane Matthew, October 8th, 2016, Savannah Ga. All paperwork done (twice), inspections done, insurance checks have been paid. However almost 3 months of calling, every week, every day, to hear 7-14 days for the approval dept, call back again and again. Ask for supervisor 2-4 day call back on response time. Do you see where I'm going with this? NO MONEY! Do I need to get a Lawyer involved?

It looks like more of the same. I reached to Carrington on December 27, 2016 and let them know that I would like to pay $24,000.00 on mortgage account. They let me know that the amount could not exceed $9,999.99 in a 24 hour period and the could process the payments for a fee of $15. I let the representative know that I would do it online before I gave them $15 a payment. The CSR let me know that she would put a note on the account that I was going to make three payments totaling $24,000. I let her know that I would be making two payments of $9,999.99, one on the December 27, and one on December 28 and another on one on December 29 for $4000.02. She said she had entered the message on my account. I also let her know that I would be making a payment for $1200 on December 30 and that I would pay the loan off on February the 1st.

The first two payments of $9,999.99 were applied to the principal. The payment of $4000.02 was not applied to the principal. The payment was applied to three advance monthly payments. My balance on my mortgage at this point should been less than $2,2000. Instead it was well over $3,000.00. I immediately called Carrington and let them know that the payment of $4,000.02 was not applied to the principal as per our agreement. She looked it up and said that the account was flagged and that the total amount of $24,000 should be applied to the principal. She said that there was no way that should of happened. So I asked her to reverse the payment and apply it to the principal.

She told me that this would take up to twenty days. I refused to believe that it would take twenty days to reverse a payment and in the meantime. I asked her to send me an email stating that the payment would be reversed and applied to the principal so I would have some type of recourse if this did not happened. She said that they did not have any email and that she couldn't send me any type of communication that would state what we agreed would happen to the funds. She went on to tell me that one payment would have to come out of the $4000.02 for January or I would have to make a payment by January 1. I told her that if I did that it would mean that two payments would be applied to monthly payments instead of just one. She said if I didn't make a payment before the other money was taken care of I would be charged a late fee.

At the end of the day judging by the reviews this what I see. I had a little over a thousand dollars applied to interest and an escrow account. The escrow account I do not need as the loan was to be paid off February 1. It is more than likely going to take a while to reverse the payment which is going to lead to more interest and more money going to an escrow account. Wonder how long it is going to take to get my money back from the escrow account? Be extremely aware of how this mortgage company operates to squeeze every penny out of their customers. Never thought it would be this difficult to pay off a loan.

I was inform two days ago that my payment was late. I told the rep. that the payment was mailed on the ninth and this is the first time hearing this. I continue to tell him like always I check the bank to make sure money has been transfer for the payment. This was done on the tenth of Dec, 2016. I will go back to the bank and see what has happened. The rep said that "We will not call you no more."

Today I get a called from them again 12/31/16 at 8 am., Then I get another call 9:45 am. I told the rep again that the bank issue another check and you should be getting it and that no one knows what has happened to the check. I also went to the Post Office because, I do know my mail lady who receive the mail. Now the bank did some research and found out that all the bills that was mailed that day was paid. No one knows what happened to mortgage check. I found this company is very rude and uncooperative to their consumers. If they look, I'm never late nor miss a payment. Check your resources first to see what is going on before you say this is a debt collector calling you.

I have been with these people for a few years now and I just want a record somewhere stating they are the worst ever. The entire industry is flawed and companies like this one are the product of questionable business practices that are allowed to run rampant and unchecked. I ended up with these people after my mortgage was with some company called Ideal, then given to Chase and then they dropped me with these crooks.

First of all all this bouncing from place to place should be stopped, but anyway I got behind a ear or so ago and asked them repeatedly for a modification which they denied several times. They didn't grant me one until I stopped answering the phone and let it get worse, then all of a sudden it was their idea and I magically got it. I recently got a month behind and almost every day they had someone out here snapping pictures and popping up on my doorstep. I was able to enjoy a small victory when the man they sent proceeded to try to call them and force me to talk to them after I told them they were closed (Saturday) and he had the same look of frustration that I have worn so many times when dealing with these idiots. Awful hours for an awful company, when will the madness stop. Hopefully they will one day ship me off to someone better!

It is impossible to make a payment. I use a prepaid card and if you don't use a checking account they make you pay up to 15 dollars to make a payment and when you call to get help it's impossible and I was switched from Citimortgage. I never had a say in it. They just switched me to the worse company possible. They charge outrageous late fees and penalties. I was running a month behind for several years and I still have late fees piling up with no help to resolve it. Then they want to charge outrageous fees if you don't have a checking account and when I did I couldn't ever log on or make a payment that way because it was running late. Worse service ever. I want my old company back. So unfair.

My Chase loan was sold to Carrington. Issues immediately arose. They lose paperwork, change payments with no warrant of doing so, then when called out they shrug their shoulders and point their fingers... all the way down to their automated system being a hassle. Every time you call in an attempt to speak to a person you can count on over an hour wasted, transferring you multiple times, dropped calls, insane wait times. There is not a single aspect of their operation I can say is efficient or even resolves your problem. I cant wait to refinance and get away from this circus. They should embarrassed at their level of service.

In 2010 I lost my job and went on unemployment. I was on unemployment for about a year and decided to take early retirement. Soon my mortgage payments were overwhelming. Tried to sell but the bank made it difficult. Finally declared bankruptcy in May of 2014. In viewing my credit report Carrington has the date last reported as Nov. 20, 2016. The account status is closed. How can they report on an account closed?

My loan was sold to Carrington on December 2. I normally pay on the 3rd. I've been running about 30 days due to loss of income but was going to get caught up in January because I would get more hours. On the 3rd I had no information from Carrington to be able to pay my payment. I called them with a phone # provided by BOA. The rep was very nice but told me not to worry, not in system yet. Call back 13th-15th. I did. Set up a payment and another for the 3rd of next month and offered them the next one but they said not necessary. Told them my plan. All ok. Also they said I would not be receiving statements because of a previous bankruptcy. I questioned that but was told not to worry. I can fax a request to get them. They have since sent other correspondence. Doesn't seem to be a conflict there.

Yesterday I received a certified letter dated the 13th saying if I didn't make the 2 payments by the 6th they may foreclose. So it was sent out during a time that I couldn't even pay the account. No leeway for the fact that they weren't set up to take payments or have an account # assigned yet. I asked them if it was sold to them so they could foreclose. Beginning to look like it.

My problems are the same as every post on here. My question is, how long does it take for our government, attorneys to do anything, you see the posts or are you guys up to another collapsed housing market. My night happened today at 4 pm.

Recently, one of my property's mortgage service was sold from Chase to Carrington. We were disappointed initially as we had a lot of our accounts with Chase and it provided convenience, plus we thought we were with a reputable bank. We waited and waited to hear from Carrington or get a statement from them and never did; so we sent a check payment in for our next due mortgage payment based on our schedule with Chase. We learned after we received our first statement from Carrington that Chase had transferred our auto pay withdraw information as well to Carrington and Carrington took it upon themselves to withdraw a payment from our account. So, right before Christmas, we made two mortgage payments! Awesome, right? Doesn't everyone try to double down on mortgage payments right before Christmas?

So, then when my wife calls in to speak to them on her day off, they inform her that they cannot speak to her as she is not on the mortgage loan account (yet they can withdraw from her joint checking account without her authorization no problem). When I called in, they told me the reason they could not talk to her about was because they were protecting my information. Nice, now who is protecting my asset (checking and savings) information?

Home loan was transferred to Carrington Mortgage in October 2016. We contacted them about a loan modification due to financial hardship. They mailed us some forms. We filled them out and paid a company to fax them, got receipt and confirmation, tried to contact Carrington unsuccessfully and when we did get in touch with them, they said they had received the documents. So we waited. A month later they sent a letter stating documents were incomplete. We faxed the requested documents. Two weeks later called again, they said they did not get the documents. We have receipt with confirmation and they said the request was denied because they did not receive the documents. Carrington Mortgage tries to get away with a lot of illegal practices and they refuse to work with customers.

My mortgage was sold by Bank of America to Carrington. For a long time Carrington did not allow to schedule auto-payments. All of my accounts are set up for automatic payments. After several late payment fees I noticed on the Carrington website that now you can set up automatic payments, but when I tried to do this they were asking me to fill out a hardcopy form and mail it along with a voided check! I don't even have any checks -- don't use checks. Who does this? None of my banks or other creditors have requested such antiquated methods.

Furthermore, I never receive any late payment notices. In my opinion this all means one thing -- they like collecting Late Fees. This is not a customer oriented, or should I say customer friendly, company. I am very unhappy with them to the point of possibly refinancing my home in order to move my account to a better organization. My credit score has gone down due to my not being able to set up automatic payments.

It is Christmas time therefore I will try to be nice. We had a fire August 15, 2016. Small but things needed to be repaired. The job was done October 31, 2016. First it took 4 four weeks and several, and I mean several calls from myself and the construction company just to get the inspector out, which was four weeks!!! It took him less than 10 minutes to look at my deck, take pictures, and leave. And by the way he did not even have the proper paperwork for me to sign. WTF. I found out your company has NOT released the funds. Funds not even for the first invoice that was DUE ON September 14, 2016. Second invoice due 10/05/2016 not paid. Now the job is done every time we get another anonymous person who tells us each time something more is missing.

I HAVE COPIES OF ALL ITEMS THEY KEEP TELLING ME THEY DON'T HAVE IN FILE. I also have confirming fax receipts and emails saying you have received them. I am tired of this and started a Complaint to the attorney Generals office. So on YOUR behalf I thought I would advise you of my next move. WE have waited long enough for your company to get the ** together. Have someone call me by the end of the day, or I will complete the Complaint with the attorney General.

Carrington Mortgage Services Company Profile