2. Finance
  3. Loan Modification

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.83/5

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

Carrington Mortgage Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carrington Mortgage Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carrington Mortgage Services?

Original review: June 11, 2020

I didn't think everything would be as smooth since I wasn't doing everything at a physical location dealing with a person face to face. It felt great doing everything from the comfort of my home. I had John ** prepare all my paperwork and gave me all links and info on what documents I needed to gather and submit. He has a great team he works with also.

Original review: March 13, 2020

Carrington helped me to purchase my current home. Being a widow with a young child made home buying a hard process. Carrington helped walk me through the process and directed me to the best program for me. Carrington has continued to contact me over the years to see if I needed any refinance options and to reduce my payments and loan term. I would recommend them to anyone purchasing a home or business.

Get buying tips about Loan Modification Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 11, 2020

As the Executive Director of a HUD Approved Housing Counseling Agency as well as a HUD Certified Housing Counselor, I rarely experience such poise and patience from lenders/servicers staff when I call to glean information for my clients, (the borrower). Today was one of those rare occasions, and it was Special Servicing Specialist Jessica ** who afforded me her blessing of professionalism. I am passionate when it comes to getting the information required to support my clients. Sometimes my passion comes across as anger and sadly ignorance, although neither is my intention. If you listen to the taped conversation, Jessica had with me today; you will hear what I mean.

Jessica's skillset deescalated what could have become a less amicable conversation. Jessica ** is a Leader destined for Greatness, and Carrington Mortgage Services LLC is blessed to have her on staff, signed: Charles ** Executive Director and HUD Certified Housing Counselor of Integra Home Counseling Inc. soon to be known as "Envision Home."

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I had experienced a divorce and the home was awarded to me. My current loan was being serviced Carrington MS and they were my first choice to refinance based on prior experience. My initial contact was with my loan officer Ben ** who was knowledgeable, informative and helpful. As I progressed through the application process, we experienced many hurdles related to refinancing after a divorce. Ben was incredibly patient, helpful and took the time to ensure that I understood my rights as well as the "next steps". I am convinced that I could not have completed the process without his assistance and guidance as there were many days during which I sent multiple emails requesting clarification and he always responded in a timely and respectful manner. I am very satisfied with all the departments that interacted with during the refinance process.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

As a US Army Veteran, and retired government employee, I am used to working with professional knowledgeable people. Ben ** Loan Officer and Christie **, Loan Processor were very professional. They both made sure that I knew what was going on during every step of my home refinancing (answered all my questions). The process took a couple of weeks, and we had a few minor glitches, but they were taken care of immediately. I would work with Ben ** and Christie ** again.

Jessica

US Army, Veteran

Original review: July 24, 2020

Carrington Mortgage is an absolute joke. We started an FHA loan with them on April 23. We were pre-approved. I have a DTI of 9%, make great money, have 15% down. Was approved in June. Paid for appraisal. Jumped through 100 hoops. Yesterday we signed the closing disclosure. The closing company was hired and the date set. Today they decided to kick the loan, no explanation, no reason. 3 and 1/2 months of time wasted. They are an absolute joke to work with.

Original review: July 15, 2020

I Have a client that has been under contract from April 2020- until now July 2020. Almost 120 days. No one can provide us an update. My client has spent so much money on getting this home and it's so unfair that I can't provide them with an update because I can't reach anyone at Carrington. I have closed over 300 deals this year and this experience by far has been to worst. I understand there's a delay due to COIVD but 120 days is a bit too long. Please help!!

Original review: June 27, 2020

My mortgage was sold by a real bank to Carrington. In the first three weeks, I got 3 letters and 2 calls from Carrington asking for my first payment. They are oblivious to the reality that a mortgage customer is very different from someone skipping out on a bill. Disgraceful customer skills. Refinanced with a bank for much less, and was treated well. Stay away from these Carrington people.

Original review: June 23, 2020

I am a top producing real estate agent that sells over 150 homes per year. I deal with a high volume of local and national lenders. In the last 2 years, I have dealt with over 200 lenders. Carrington is the worst I have ever dealt with since I have been in real estate. We are 90 days into a simple transaction. We have cleared every step, dotted every i... Appraisal has been submitted and cleared and all paperwork is ready. That said, we were just delayed another 30 days to close! Why? No one there has an answer. The only thing worse than their actual service, is their customer service. They are unresponsive and do not respond to calls, voicemails, or emails. Please do not use them. My biggest disappointment is that I can only leave 1 bad review for them.

Original review: June 19, 2020

My mortgage was acquired by Carrington from Chase bank while I was in the middle of fire insurance claim. I already had all required documents in for Chase to receive the draws required to pay the contractors for the work. I tried to get ahead once I was notified with Carrington to make sure they would not need anything else and was told I had to wait until they conducted a full review. They originally told me that the original documents sent to Chase would be ok. They have been months behind on sending out any draws and every time I call it's near impossible to get a hold of my file manager. They also have switched out twice and they never return any calls when left voice mails or emails.

They have terrible customer service and I still have not received the last of the required draws and work was completed in April. It's currently June 19th and I honestly believe it will be August until I am able to get all the required payments. I hope no one else has to go through this after a disaster. This bank is absolutely terrible and will only cause frustration and cost you to waste a lot of time and money. I will not stay with Carrington and will take my business to a proven bank with positive customer service and I will pay any necessary fee to do so.

Carrington Mortgage Services Company Information