Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options
  2. Finance
  3. Loan Modification

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.41/5

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

Carrington Mortgage Services Reviews

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I had experienced a divorce and the home was awarded to me. My current loan was being serviced Carrington MS and they were my first choice to refinance based on prior experience. My initial contact was with my loan officer Ben ** who was knowledgeable, informative and helpful. As I progressed through the application process, we experienced many hurdles related to refinancing after a divorce. Ben was incredibly patient, helpful and took the time to ensure that I understood my rights as well as the "next steps". I am convinced that I could not have completed the process without his assistance and guidance as there were many days during which I sent multiple emails requesting clarification and he always responded in a timely and respectful manner. I am very satisfied with all the departments that interacted with during the refinance process.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Brandon ** provided me with excellent customer service during the refinancing of my mortgage. He was not only professional but also very polite and friendly with me in every interaction. He was very proactive in getting the process moving and keeping everything flowing. He was willing to step in and assist me even when his part of the process was complete!! When I had a family emergency, he kept the lines of communication flowing so that I was able to take advantage of the opportunity to refinance. I never once felt pressured by him. I really appreciate Brandon's help and his prompt responsiveness to all of my questions! Carrington Mortgage is very fortunate to have an employee of the quality and caliber of Brandon ** working there.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Modification Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2019

Thankful that Carrington reached out to me to lower my interest rates. Initially when I got my mortgage my credit was less than perfect and my interest was pretty high however my credit score improved over the years and that’s when Brandon from Carrington reached out to me. He explained everything in detail and gave me his office contact and cell phone number just in case I had other questions. Being able to text him when I was working was great way for me to communicate so minor details. Closing was done where and when I wanted. I really appreciate how effortless this process was and my refinance rate is low enough that can pay off my loan faster than I anticipated!!!

Original review: March 12, 2019

I am skeptical by nature. But working with Gregory ** was a good experience. He helped us secure a great rate with little cost to us. Carrington picked up almost all costs associated with the mortgage. Further we were able to close quickly. Thank you Carrington and Gregory **. I also wanted to mention that after the loan closed, I needed to set up an automatic payment plan and was able to do that online. I had trouble because my closing loan number was not the same as my Carrington loan number, but their customer service rep was able to walk me through the procedure. So, I would recommend Carrington to my friends and anyone looking to get a professional mortgage deal.

Original review: March 12, 2019

From the first day I contacted this company to the last they were nothing shy of supportive, helpful, informative and amazing. They walked me through each step and told me exactly what I needed to do to get my loan. I don’t have great credit but they helped me air it better to be approved. Told me exactly what I needed to do to improve my score. Glen was an awesome loan officer who answered the million questions I had with no issues at all. He was very quick to respond too. This lender made a dream come true and helped me be able to purchase my first home. I would recommend them to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carrington Mortgage Services?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

Beware of Carrington Mortgage Services, they seem to churn existing HO policies for more expensive ones. I've had 5 loan servicing companies so far, and only CMS has had an issue with my HO policy. They finally paid the renewal after I spent over 20 hours going back and forth with them. Their CSRs tend to be rude and unhelpful.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

My mortgage started out with Chase. I had them for 12 years with never a late payment nor an issue loved them. Then they sold my loan to Carrington. Their customer service is not very helpful, if you make a payment by phone with automated system they charge you $10.00 to make a payment by internet they charge you $5.00 but my biggest issue with them is that every single year they have had my loan (3 now) they state my escrow is short and raise my payment. I understand escrow can go up but when I had Chase the most they ever told me it was short was $20. Carrington is stating it is short $440! And are going to raise my monthly payment by over $60 a month! How is it that short when they said it was short last year and it went up and now they say it is even more short now?

They sent a letter stating by law they are allowed to require you to keep a minimum of 1/6 of the total escrow at all times and mine fell under that number by $84 although there is still money in there and it is more than enough to make the payment. I now have a 2nd home loan with Chase and I pray they never sell it to this rip off of a company. If I had a way to change the lender without having to refinance and start all over I would do it in a heartbeat.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC is my current home loan provider since Q3 2018, before it was Bank of America and I regret why Bank of America sold my loan to Carrington. Today (01/15/2020), looking at my bank statement I noticed that instead of deducting regular monthly mortgage of $807.35 from my account they have deducted $1,114.48 (extra $307.13). I called Carrington and left my phone number and then a customer care representative called me back at 5:20PM EST. She was extremely rude, she explained me in most unprofessional manner that my escrow account is currently negative by 1,400$ since April last year as they have put a "Forced Home Insurance", (which I already had from American Capitol) and going forward to adjust the escrow that they will charge this extra 307$ every month. And that's the major component in increase to my monthly payment.

Only question I asked her that how can they charge anything to my account without making me aware, I did not get any statements of negative Escrow amount and I was paying same $807 over the years, today all of a sudden they are telling me that I owe them $1,400 for some "forced home insurance" that they put on my escrow account since April 2019. My house has always been insured since 2010, if I was missing insurance then why I was not made aware, instead of that they put the expensive forced insurance plan on me and kept on building my Escrow. This is one type of situation where Financial institutions are taking advantage on innocent customers to do whatever they want to do and customer has no option but to pay the price to save their house. I request someone to please intervene into the issue and help me out. You can reach out to me at me at **. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

The original loan was and still is in my mother's name whom has passed away. Inevitably Partington bought the loan from Bayview. At that time I was current on payments. Carrington claims I was behind at time of them obtaining the loan. Not true. Now that the loan is due to be paid off in June of 2020 carrington is claiming I'm behind 3 payments. Trying to get the property is what's up. I have all of the money order receipts to prove otherwise and yet they still claim I'm behind. I do not recommend this company to anyone. Go a mafia loan shark first because they will upfront and honest as to where carrington isn't. I will never deal with this company again. If they purchase another loan I'm attached to I'll sell whatever it is just to get rid of carrington. Rating them piss poor.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Our mortgage was sold to them by Chase & we weren't informed by anyone & now almost 3 years later they supposedly foreclosed on our home Dec 8th without us being informed until yesterday. From June of last year till Dec 1st '19 we've sent them $4,540 dollars but according to them we are 5 months behind on our mortgage, but now all of a suddenly they are sending our payments back to us one at a time saying that they are unable to identify what funds are intended for. We've been sending them like that since 2006 & putting our account # on them all the time to chase in Phoenix Az.

We aren't the only ones they are ripping off 'cause if you look them up at the BBB you'll find all kinds of complaints against them & lawsuits at justia.com. We go to court next month & I've got all my money order receipts that I sent just to show the judge. I also heard that they were in the business just so they could take people's houses. They supposedly bought ours at the courthouse on Dec 8th & said they own our home. They need to be investigated & shut down in my opinion.

Carrington Mortgage Services Company Information