Find a Loan Modification partner

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Carrington Mortgage Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carrington Mortgage Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carrington Mortgage Services?

Original review: July 7, 2021

I have been in the process of refinancing our Mortgage with Carrington. In so doing, I have come to work with an outstanding gentleman by the name of Zane **. Zane has been wonderful. He has been extremely helpful and takes whatever time is necessary to ensure we understand the entire process and all of our options. Any company should count itself fortunate to have him and customers can look forward to the very best of service.

Original review: May 24, 2021

Want to say that Michelle ** should be a supervisor as she is definitely the most kind and understanding of all the associates I have dealt with from Carrington. She was very polite and very professional in my situation. Michelle is the perfect role model as a associate in customer service. Please I want to Personally thank her for being an all around great person to deal with in my difficult situation.

Get buying tips about Loan Modification Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 29, 2021

This mortgage company save us from becoming homeless, we sold our house without knowing that we are not qualified coz of some misunderstanding in my husband credit score. Some mortgage company turn us down, we are so sad coz I just give birth and I have a 4yr old boy. But Carrington Mortgage give us the change to have a home and we are so thankful that they save my family from becoming homeless. Thank you Carrington Mortgage..

Original review: April 19, 2021

I can't say enough about my dealings with Ben ** my loan specialist at Carrington Mortgage. As in the past, Ben is pleasant, knowledgeable, caring, and excellent with communication. He is easy to speak with and takes the time to explain every detail of the process and answer any questions you may have. My loan processor Tiffany ** was also excellent at keeping me informed as it came time to close. She responded to my emails immediately which is not something you often find. Based on my experience, I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

From start to finish both Ben ** (loan officer) Debra ** (loan processor) were very responsive, pleasant and helpful. Anytime I had a question it was answered right away usually within an hour or two, but never longer than a day even over the weekend. Ben was really clear on what was needed and walked me through the process. The online submission system worked really well and was easy to use. Carrington was very cost competitive and ended up saving me quite a bit over the other two other loan quotes I got. I would definitely recommend both Ben and Debra personally as well as Carrington.

Original review: July 22, 2021

We have (unfortunately) been customers of Carrington for 6 years, for a rental property that we have. And everytime we have to have any communication with them, it's nothing but frustration. Customer service is literally the worst I've ever had to deal with. Avoid this company at all costs. They still require SNAIL MAIL AND FAX for communication and documentation. In 2021, in COVID times, you have to request by phone and then WAIT 3 days or more for documents to be mailed to you if you don't have a freaking fax machine (like normal people, who use email and online portals). It's like stepping back in time to 1995.

This last time when I was informed that I had to wait 3 days for them to put said document in the mail, even though I'm on a serious time crunch, the rep was unapologetic and rude, made no effort to help speed things along or find another solution. Which is their way. They don't give a flying crap about their customers. We'll be leaving Carrington soon, just to rid ourselves of this company, I will gladly pay a higher interest rate somewhere else.

Original review: July 15, 2021

I did not select this mortgage company. My mortgage loan was sold from Chase Bank. I have been on a automatic payment withdrawal for the life of this loan, over 11 years. I also pay an extra payment each month. I updated my account to have more withdrawn to pay off this loan even faster. As a result of making a change the automatic payment skipped a month, unbeknownst to me. I find out through American Express credit monitoring service. That Carrington has reported a missing payment. I call Carrington and the lack of professionalism and knowledge is just flooring. They tell me I have a credit because off my extra payment, but I also have a missing payment. What logic does that make? When I increased the automatic payment there is no notification that tells you to make a payment incase the payment skips... the worse part is I asked about being notified. Why didn't anyone call me.

The rep said, "The computer called you twice but you didn't answer." I ask why there was not voicemail and the rep says, "We don't leave a voicemail .." So am I suppose to know whose number is calling me unknown??? I know that every company has its pros and cons but this company is just horrific to deal with.. As a consumer who has paid their mortgage in an accelerated fashion it's kind boggling to me. There are people who have missed payments and there was no reporting to the credit agency. I have an error 1 time in 11 years and look at the mess. I am now searching to refinance with another company as I don't want to give Carrington anything extra!!!! If you have a choice there are too many great companies to choose from. Stay away from this one!!!! However if you are okay with Mediocrity and No customer Service, Go with Carrington.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I am set for bi-monthly payments, 1st and 15th of every month. I keep getting harassing letters from them saying my full payment hasn’t been received and I’ll be charged a late fee. Rep says she can’t stop the letters even though I pay bi monthly. This stresses me out, their system should recognize the payments (I never had this issue with my previous mortgage company). I shouldn’t get a letter every month saying my payments are late and I’m getting charged late fees when that’s not true.

Original review: July 2, 2021

Dawn ** is keeping me updated on everything going on with refinancing my home. She Is being very helpful during this process seeing as how it's my first time refinancing. The holiday weekend is coming up (4th of July) and has offered her assistance if I have any questions even during the holiday weekend. Not many people would offer that help. To me that is exceptional service.

Original review: June 25, 2021

After closing a refinance at the beginning of the year Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC began charging me additional fees (late fees, and online payment fees), although my account has been set up on AUTOPAY with Carrington for years. When I contacted Carrington to address the issues they (DOUBLE BILLED MY MORTGAGE FOR THE MONTH) in retaliation. I have NEVER made a payment late because of autopay. I filed a complaint with (CFPB) Consumer Financial Protection Bureau because Carrington stopped returning my calls and refused to respond to my emails.

Carrington Mortgage Services Company Information