Carrington Mortgage Services

Compare Harp Loan and Loan Modification Companies

Research top Harp Loan and Loan Modification Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My broker is an excellent mortgage broker. He consistently gives solid mortgage advice and helped me to decide on things that would have affected my long term goal. From the start I haven't felt any pressure from him or the company itself, he consistently explains various options to make certain that when I do make a decision it's the right one! He is the kind of person that is willing to walk the extra mile and exerts a high level of professionalism and integrity to his clients.

The Carrington Mortgage team was easy to work with and very helpful. I first contacted them through email and got a response quickly, the customer rep answered all my questions. Most importantly, though, he saved the day when there were errors with the appraisal, everything was fixed and ready in a very timely manner.

We have been dealing with Carrington Mortgage for 3 years now, and have had nothing but frustration and difficulty with them. Like others leaving reviews on this site regarding their experiences, we too have been denied mortgage assistance every time we have applied. They also have misplaced documents we sent, and they continually required more documents, thereby delaying the RMA process. They gave us the totally wrong information regarding whether or not we could do a short sale on our house.

We also applied for a Deed-In-Lieu, and now they have come up with an excuse to deny us that action. They raised our monthly mortgage payment (they claim it was due to the status of our Escrow account) so that we are no longer able to pay our mortgage. My husband and I are in our 60s and are unable to secure sufficient employment to make the payments anymore. We tried 3 times to secure mortgage assistance, but were denied each time. We tried handing over the property to them via D.I.L., but they would not accept it; they came up with yet another excuse to deny us assistance.

We have been trying to do the best responsible thing we can do at this point, but to no avail. It looks like they are determined to force us into a foreclosure. Our NY State HUD counselor is suggesting we file a complaint with the Feds and State. My husband and I are ready to join in on a class action lawsuit with others against Carrington; how do we all go about it? We have had it with this mortgage company.

This was my first time asking for help from a refinancing company, but I found Carrington Mortgage to be an extremely easy and helpful individuals to work with for my refinance. Basically, not my first choice, but after I have talked to one of their loan consultants, I said to myself that this is the kind of company I am going to work with. Also, their pricing was much better than the company I had been working with for the past one and a half year. When everything was comprehensively discussed with me, I finally decided to lock a rate and the appraisal was scheduled for the next week, my loan closed when said it would be; timing was very impressive! The whole process was stress free and fast - 5 stars for them!

Carrington Mortgage was the best experience I ever had with a refinance. I have purchased 2 homes and refinanced 3 times in the past 10 years and never had any bad issues with them, well, there were a couple of very minor lapses, but I am proud to say that, by far they were the most efficient Mortgage company I have worked with. They have online process too, which was very easy to follow and accessible, I found it very helpful in providing the documentation that was required. The rate I received was among the lowest from any advertised anywhere. For me, that's a big plus! I will definitely recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carrington Mortgage Services?

I heard about this company from a friend that had a positive experience with them. I also decided to use them for our home loan after an initial conversation with one of their loan specialists. I talked to a very helpful loan officer who have discussed with me everything about the process, responsibilities and expectations about the home loan. They offered us a rate that was better than I expected. Moreover, the process was very transparent and the communication was top notch. Overall, a pretty smooth transaction with them.

My account with Bank of America was sold to this company and the experience has been awful. First time I was able to handle a transaction, the second time I was told I could not do that and was transferred to another department and was taken care of. Then this month, I was told that they changed their set up for making payments and that they were the department and would not transfer me. When I asked for the balance on my account last month and then this month I got two different balances. I totally dislike not knowing the exact balance from month. The big kicker was when I was told the first time that I called that I did not have to make another payment until March 2018! And at that time my account was zero! Come on! What is the set up here? When I am finished with this company, I don't want to do business with them nor Bank of America.

Contrary to other reviews I read below, my experience with Carrington Mortgage was beyond and above the average, and I couldnt be happier with it. Back in Nov. 2016 my mortgage was sold to Carrington Mortgage and I've had nothing but excellent service ever since. They were always willing to listen to my needs, even gave me 15 day grace period for a delayed payment. Refinancing rules and contract were carefully followed and updates were promptly sent through emails. Escrow analysis was also stated correctly and was double-checked then the info was relayed to me immediately through phone calls. I find it very impressive that they truly cared about my satisfaction and the value of my time and money. Indeed, 5 stars!

Carrington is a horrible company to do business with. B of A sold my loan to them, and as much as I disliked B of A, Carrington Mortgage Services is worse. They raised my escrow in November 2016, and again in April 2017. My mortgage is now over $200 more than it was when it was with B of A. They cite increasing insurance and taxes as the reason. Since it was relatively stable under B of A, I don't understand how it could have jumped that much. Additionally, I really thought they could only change the escrow once a year. I very much expect there will be a lawsuit over this eventually. I, too, have tried to refinance, but due to the rising mortgage and missing the date of the changing escrow, I now have a black mark on my credit and have to wait a year to do anything about this. I highly recommend NOT doing business with Carrington Mortgage Services.

I don't know how you guys are still in business. You have drunks working next door to my house beating on it with a sledgehammer yes a sledgehammer right through my wall... Duh... Drinking all day and blaring music like they're on a farm... Try to talk to them, no one speaks English. I couldn't imagine running my business or my guys acting like these idiots. Very poor work ethics from the crew and very poor quality control from Carrington.

They were the most personable pros I've ever worked with. Phone call and even emails were handled properly with a quick response to all my concerns. I was very comfortable working with them every step of the way. Refinancing a house seems to be very easy with their help. Thank you Carrington!

I just learned today that my mortgage was sold to Carrington Mortgage Services. I called them up to get more information and the kind lady told me she didn't know and couldn't help me until my "account was boarded up." I'm not even sure what that means. So I got all the information about her I needed, i.e. full name, email, extension, department, etc. She wouldn't take my updated address, but she did say she will call me when my "account is boarded up." Not very promising. Anyway, I Googled for reviews about this company and that led me here. After reading 6 pages of reviews, I'm dead set convinced every 5 rating is a bought and paid for rating. There cannot be extreme positive and extreme negative reviews with nothing in between. Most of the negative reviews are detailed while the positive are a love fest with no details whatsoever. I'm already working on other viable options to get away from this company.

DO NOT I repeat DO NOT get a mortgage from Carrington. They are nothing more than debt collectors. Customer service is absolutely horrible and they treat you as if you owe them back payments. The loan went through in April of 17 and it took me 3 months to continue sending them documents even after they had everything from the v.a. after the loan was finalized and my payment was fixed, they tried to tell me my escrow account was empty and they needed to charge me extra, $90 more a month to cover my insurance. This is against federal law and they know it.

When I try to get it fixed I get nothing more than run around and the reps won't connect me with the proper office personnel. My selling agent isn't allowed to deal with my account. After you're sold a mortgage by the agent they aren't connected with the company anymore. I was sent a book showing me how awesome of a company they were and it was all lies. I have contacted multiple mortgage companies after only 3 months of having this mortgage and they have all stated that Carrington is a horrible company. Please do not fall for the trap and if you have please refinance and get away from this company.

At first we were completely clueless with the whole process and working with this company was the best choice we made. Our loan officer was honest and very helpful. Absolutely no delays and we were always informed in a timely manner. Any questions we had were answered without hesitation. The entire process was a pleasurable one. Will definitely be telling our friends about Carrington.

Last year my payment jumped over $1000/month. When I called to see what the heck, I was told that my homeowners had gone up, hence the increase. No, it went down, not up. They finally told me they had previously made a mistake & had not calculated correctly. Really?! They lessened my payment by $500 but it went up an additional $200 this year. Everyone was rude, could not understand why I couldn't make the payments, etc. I ultimately re-financed with another company. I would never use nor recommend. Ever.

Modification Home Loan - I have been trying to get B of A to work with me on my home loan for about 7yrs. They tried to take my home by doing a illegal foreclosure but I got it over turned on appeal. After that it has been no contact from them for 8 months. Never tried to work out any kind of solution with me. I tried calling the 800 number. I was told to call. They had no idea who I was. Then I get this letter from them telling me that my payment would be just under 3000 dollars a month. I tried to refinance but because of what they did to my credit that got shot down.

They have the house priced so high with all the crap they have added that I can't sell it. Then they hit me with another start to a foreclosure. But had to go thru a foreclosure avoidance program. Had a meeting set up. Then out of the blue I get this letter that my loan has been transferred to Carrington Mortgage Services LLC. They never even tried to work with me on anything. Carrington took over my loan on the 11th of July & I have not heard one word. So now I don't know what is going to happen. From what I've read about this company doesn't sound too promising. I think I'm going to contact a attorney & see what can be done with this mess. I've been in this home for 18yrs. I'm retired. This isn't what I wanted to be doing after retirement. It's a shame how these banks can do as they please & nobody will even try & stop them.

My experience with Carrington Mortgage was extremely pleasant. From the beginning to the closing, the refinancing went smooth. All the staff were very helpful and always there to answer any and all of my questions, prompt in providing me with status updates from the underwriters. I have never had an easier time with refinancing my mortgage. The service provided to me is second to none!

I am also a former B of A customer who was forced into the highly incapable hands of this joke of a professional company. My acct has NEVER been delinquent. Last month, I got married and with all the craziness I bounced my mortgage payment, (my bad but poop happens) and was told I would have to send in certified funds. I asked if I could just have the payment sent from my bank and the rep said yes, that is considered certified. So I did and the money was received by Carrington on the 27th. I then set up bill pay thru my bank to have them send my payment directly to Carrington for this month. Carrington received my payment 7/12 and that money was also taken from my bank acct.

Yesterday, 7/13, I received numerous letters from Carrington with their "intent of foreclosure". I called and was told both of my payments were refused because they are NOT considered certified and sent back to me. The June one was supposedly sent directly to my regular mail on July 3. I asked what was sent to me because I never sent a check. It was sent thru my bank. It was the copy of the draft, and I was supposed to take that back to my bank and resend the $ certified funds. Well that's all fine and good but I have yet to receive any checks from them which means I am stuck at their mercy with fingers crossed they don't foreclose. What company has your money in their hands and sends it back and sends you an "intent to foreclose" for now being 35 days late??? Bad bad bad business.

My mortgage got sold from Bank of America to Carrington. Since, my escrow has increased, and I have to make payments online instead of in person where there's more fees involved. I also have a time window to make my payment from the 1st to the 16th and always, every day after the 1st, I am harassed by phone calls to make a payment which I always make before the 16th. I paid this morning on Julys payment, and an hour later they called me asking for payment. I said, "I paid you an hour ago." They went through their spiel and I'm growing rather annoyed.

I never had this kind of treatment with BOA and hate to say it, I didn't like them much either but I would rather have my mortgage with them than Carrington who are vultures and harass me like non stop even when payment was made and has never been made past the deadline. If they took away the fees they charge for making a payment and laid off the phone calls, then I would be 100% satisfied with them.

I got to work with a very sweet, patient and understanding loan officer Jared. Here's the best part. In just 60 days, this company was able to do what no other bank was able to do for me. I got the loan I needed and the house I've been wanting for YEARS!!! Jared and everyone at Carrington walked with me through this entire process. The staff was very responsive and worked extremely hard and diligently to get me through it all. It wasn't easy at all but having a wonderful loan officer makes it a lot better. Such a delightful service!

My loan was sold to this company almost five years ago. In another review, one customer wrote that "Will" had called him from time to time to update him on his loan, etc. Hilarious! I have never had any kind of customer service contact. These people are absolutely rude and miserable to deal with. One case in point. On a call, after being passed to at least 3 other departments, I was transferred to yet another person. I asked to speak with someone in the escrow department. Her answer? "They do not have phones in that office". Are you ** kidding me. That call became so frustrating, I ended up just asking for an address I could use for an answer to my question. I sent it certified of course. It was returned to me REFUSED!!! Seriously?? Now that is some amazing customer service. They obviously do not care what I have to say or my need to communicate with them.

This morning about 8 a.m., I received a phone call from Carrington who identified herself as a bill collector. What??? First of all, do not call me at 8 a.m. Second, do not ask me who I am. You called me idiot. My mortgage payment has been made, as it has been every freaking month for 5 years. And now, you are a bill collector? I cannot even tell you how incredibly angry I am with the antics of this company. If there were a way to have another company buy or take over this loan, in a heartbeat I would. I guess I am stuck with them. My only option is to re-fi and my interest rate is too good to entertain that idea. If you have any choice do not use them.

I was sold to this very unprofessional and awful company by Bank of America in 2015 and since then it has been a nightmare. They are refusing to speak with me because they said I sent them a letter not to call me every month to remind me to pay my mortgage. Told them there was no need to hound me with a phone call every month since I have never been late paying my mortgage or even missed a payment.

Now that I just completed a roof repair and I need them to release the check sent to them on my behalf by my insurance company, they are refusing to speak with me or even send out a contractor to inspect the roof repairs, so the contractor can be paid. In my 20 years of owning a home and refinanced with 2 different companies, I have never heard of a mortgage company refusing to speak with a customer to discuss her problems.

I am now considering refinancing just to leave this awful company. If any attorney is reading this, please contact me, because I think it is against the law to refuse to speak with your customer, yet you collect my mortgage payment every month. Do not do business with this company, I also had issues with them earlier about crediting my extra monthly payments to my principal. So frustrated!

We started the entire process with our previous bank, but it was just a waste of my time because nothing is happening. My cousin referred me to Carrington Mortgage and I have to say that this company has just rescued me. They were the most reliable people to go that I knew so far concerning any mortgage. Everything gets done on time and I never had to worry about anything. The team made sure I understood every bit of information, and helped me with everything, from my credit, to the rate and so on. Every step of the way was just smooth as it could be. I couldn't be happier.

My mortgage was transferred to Carrington from Bank of America. When it was transferred I did not receive any information about how to make a payment. Which caused me to be one month behind, once I caught up I had several payments returned and it was stated it was my bank’s fault. Then I caught up again and paid my current month and half of the upcoming month (which their representative stated I could do). I received call stating that I had not paid, I explained that I paid half of May in April and was paying the other half in May. I was told that's fine.

In June I received a call stating I was two months behind. I asked how and they stated they took the payment and disbursed as they felt across the loan and the principal. What's interesting is they didn't put the money on my escrow, instead they stated I didn't have an escrow until after they received the payment. Which is not true since I received a new escrow amount right before the loan was sold. I made a payment and a half. What's interesting is my account states. I owe 3704 after the payment and, which is the amount they stayed before I made the payment. Also, every time I talk to a representative they give me a different amount.

The communication was excellent and as a general manager of a big company I find excellent communications as a great tool to obtain orders, unity and excellent outcome of our work, I glad to know that Carrington practices the same. I got a call from Will from time to time, his promptness in keeping me informed with major details about my loan with them was impressive. Moreover, the staff was courteous and so helpful, and their rates were terrific, it was a big plus for me. I highly recommend!

Carrrington Mortgage not fair on how they process their payments. Back in October I sent a mortgage payment along with extra payment towards my escrow account because I changed insurance companies. I contacted the office when I made the payment because I sent the payment by Western Union. On my Western Union form I wrote extra 1,000.00 payment should be applied towards my escrow account. When I contact the office the representative I spoke with stated we will have the funds applied towards your escrow account. I never thought anything else about it. In April I received a call from the collection department stating my mortgage was 2 months delinquent. I stated I have not missed a payment on my mortgage so I'm not understanding. Come to find out my extra payment of 1,000.00 was never applied towards my escrow account.

I was advised it went towards fees since my account was not delinquent. I have spoken to team leaders and supervisors who has stated it's nothing they can do. They would say we can try to get the payments reversed but I'm still waiting on that to happen. If Carrington would have applied my payment towards my escrow account as requested I would not be in this position. Now my monthly payments are past due and my monthly payments have increased over 250.00 for next 12 months. I'm still in the process of fighting with Carrington trying to get this escrow payment applied. They keep analyzing my account but have not applied the 1000.00 payment towards my escrow account. When I speak with most of the representatives they are rude and don't care about your mortgage. I don't know what to do at the point but to sell my home. I never thought I would have to sell my home because my payment was never applied correctly.

Refinancing our home was a big decision and I was hesitant to use a broker because of the horror stories I heard about having a Broker. Moreover, it was a bit hard to trust someone that I never known for a long time, especially if I didn't interact face to face with. But everything worked out smoothly with Carrington Mortgage company. They were introduced to me by a friend and the staff that I was talking to was very responsive and professional both on the phone and via email, he also was very knowledgeable and patient with all my questions. I highly recommend this mortgage company.

Bank of America sold my mortgage to Carrington. I been paying on time each month. Carrington sends me a intent to foreclosure notice stating I missed one month. Each time I call a rep gives me different months claim I missed. I have proof of every payment made. This company keep sending payments back to gain late fees, tell you it's your bank doing so. Such a lying company. Never had a problem with Bank of America. Can't understand why they sold me out to these crooks. I'm seeking a lawyer. People be aware of this bad company.

Carrington Mortgage and its team are top notch service provider. I've always received great service. They were responsive and always set a level of comfort all the time. Thank you so much for your 100% support!

Thank you Carrington Mortgage for giving me an extremely pleasant experience! This company is awesome! From the first contact to the closing and even the refinancing, everything went so smooth. They're always there to answer all my questions. They were prompt in providing me with status updates from time to time. I have never had this pleasant experience with refinancing company before, until I worked with Carrington Mortgage Services. Recommended!

Carrington Mortgage Services Company Profile