Call toll free
4.79/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc. is a national housing lender that has been in business for more than 40 years, specializing in new and used manufactured and modular homes.

Vanderbilt Mortgage offers a variety of financing programs for customers with great credit, less than perfect credit, and for first time homebuyers. We help families just like yours find the right financing program to obtain the home of their dreams.

Contact our team of experts today, and let us help you start the process of becoming a homeowner.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1387 Vanderbilt Mortgage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Vanderbilt made sure all the paperwork was done and done right. Plus they kept in contact with me the entire time. From start till finish, the process took about six weeks. They were very easy to get along and to communicate with. They answered any questions and walked me right through it. They also called me and sent forms that were filled out incorrectly and they instructed me through how they needed them filled out. They did a really good job. The woman we worked with was very nice and professional too.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

We applied for a mortgage with Vanderbilt in late January and we signed the papers in April. Their reps were nice. They helped us get a loan we could afford and worked with us. It was easy to communicate with them. If the rep couldn’t answer my question then he found somebody that could. I like their lending process and they were very good to me. Doing business with them has been easy. I have recommended them.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Vanderbilt Mortgage helped us as far as trying to get the loan down a little more than it was and it worked out well. This was my first brand-new home, or brand-new anything, and I was fairly comfortable with Vanderbilt. The process was easy. They walked us through it and I understand now when before, I didn’t. They were very knowledgeable and they helped me understand things in layman's terms, not just a bunch of words that I didn’t understand. Then if I didn’t understand something, they would explain it to me. The loan specialist was a super nice lady too. She answered all our questions in detail and I felt really good about it. I felt like I got the best information I could. I would tell others to go with Vanderbilt as their loan specialist as well.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Vanderbilt worked real good. I was impressed by the way everything was done with my mortgage and I’ll recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

The loan and underwriting with Vanderbilt weren’t too bad. It was a long process, but that wasn't really Vanderbilt's fault. They were pretty much in contact with us. They did a pretty good job as long as when we called them and had a question. They were trying to get everything through as quick as they could. We had to have a $34,000 to pay off our land before we could finance everything, and we had to get some payoff quotes from another place, so they took care some of that. They were calling and telling me which forms we had to have, so it was a pretty good process. They got us through but our house is still not in yet, which is not their fault, and they've been working with us about that too.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vanderbilt Mortgage?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Vanderbilt told us I had to get our stuff in just whenever we can get it in there and they’d process everything. It took about six months because we held off on things. We were going to put our trailer down where we live at now, but it didn't get moved so I had to put it at my mother’s place. We thought we were supposed to get underpinning with the property, but I chose to hook up utilities. I was told that if I don’t get underpinning in a couple of months, my insurance will be cancelled and we’ve not even moved in yet. Overall, the Vanderbilt staff were very polite and they were good about helping us. They did really great and I’d recommend them. It was easy to communicate as well as do business with them.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

A friend of mine referred me to Vanderbilt and I had great interactions with their reps. Everybody I spoke with was good. They let me know what they needed from me and then they called to check on things. When I was not able to get a hold of somebody, somebody else was able to look up what I needed to know and the timeframe was quick. The reps made sure I was all right with the price and they let me know of any changes.

The process took two to two and a half weeks to complete, but after we already started everything, my monthly payment had to go up because the land was not in my name. They knew from day one it's family land, but they had to change the price for my insurance. Nevertheless, Vanderbilt had great transparency and it was easy to do business with them. They’re the people to go with. My wife, the kids and I love the home that we're in.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Vanderbilt had great customer service contacting me throughout the process, letting me know if anything was needed, and keeping me up to date with everything after the process went along. It was extremely easy to communicate with them. They answered all questions, covered everything for me, and then gave me a contact number if I had any questions that didn’t even think of over the phone, and so they were always willing to help. If they weren’t available, they always had someone else available to communicate with me. They also communicated through text and emails when I was busy working and couldn’t make a phone call. Everything was disclosed and explained extremely well as well. It was the best experience we’ve had so far with them. Working with them helped us a ton. I got a brand new house and a happy family.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I’d recommend Vanderbilt. They got us insurance and they set it all up to close it. They did us fair and they treated us okay. They got the job done. We had some trouble with a surveyor and they got that straightened out as well. However, very rarely did we ever call and get the lady that we were working with ‘cause she was busy. And we would have to leave messages for her. It took a little while, but she always got back to us. And as far as working with us, she was really good about that.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Vanderbilt is good. It was very easy to communicate with them. The loan specialist and I spoke a few times on the phone, and everything was done either through email or fax. I also worked with Jessie and Kyle and both of them were great.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

When I applied for a loan at Vanderbilt, I walked in and asked if I could fill out an application. They handed me the application, then I sat down and filled it out. It was simple and easy. Once I was about to close, I met up with my sales rep and then we went to the lawyer's office. We went over the escrow and insurance, including how much our payments will be. Although everything was smooth sailing once I got approved, my loan specialist lacked in communication. I had to call several times to find out what was going on with the loan process before I ever got to closing. Then, when I got approved, I had to wait for two and a half months before I was ever closed. Other than that, Vanderbilt was the only company that wanted to give me a loan. I'd tell everyone to go with them.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I applied for a loan to get a mobile home and Vanderbilt approved it. I worked with Sara and she was wonderful. She was very nice and understanding and she helped me out and went through everything. Everything went very smooth and I was very pleased. I came from a vehicle trailer to a wonderful mobile home and I liked everything.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

We started the application and underwriting process with Vanderbilt in May and we just closed it. Communication was easy and they let us know what was what.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I was impressed with how courteous the people at Vanderbilt were and how willing they were to work with us. They were nice, made everything easy and communicating with them was not a problem. The application and underwriting process with Vanderbilt took a week. Vanderbilt was wonderful and I would recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Everything went good with Vanderbilt Mortgage. They were punctual and we were able to talk to them when we wanted and in whatever time it was. The whole process was very easy and nice. I would recommend using Vanderbilt to about anybody.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

The application and underwriting process with Vanderbilt took quite a while since I paid $10,000 down in November of last year. There were a few people who kept us updated. If they called and we weren’t available, they always left instructions for us to get a hold of them. The rep went over everything in great detail and let us know everything that we were signing. She was wonderful and she was very friendly. She actually knew some people that I knew. If we had any questions, she was right there to answer them for us. I was asking her about the number of outlets and the electricity reading and she knew the answers. We tried different places and I didn’t get the results like we have today. Vanderbilt did a great job.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

We put in the application on June 29th and we closed August 28th. Katy, a representative there called me and went over everything. That was on a Friday, and on Monday, they have an answer. Everything went smoothly and if I called and had any questions, Katy was quick to know and give me the answer. It was easy to conduct business with Vanderbilt. We did it all on our own. You should try them out.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

We moved in a modular home in February. Then, I went home and had some trouble. In the meanwhile, our credit card has run out, so my wife filed another credit card. However, she had to pay $50 extra a month, which she didn’t know ‘cause she didn’t pay it for three months while all this was going on. So I messed my credit up a little bit. We had to go to a smaller home, and then things happened pretty fast after that.

The land we bought from my mother-in-law is in Wayland. It was around 90 days before they even started foreclosing. I live out in the country, and that happens quite a bit out there. I felt like it shouldn’t have been a long tie-up on that part, but that may not be as common as I think it is. But they looked out for the customer a lot. And it didn’t look like they were just trying to take the home back, cause I was surprised to see some stuff that I didn’t expect to be on there at all.

Vanderbilt was consistently in touch with me which helped me a lot ‘cause I’ve never bought a home before. They emailed me at least once a week telling me to call if I had a question and helped any way I asked. They were also more patient than what I would be. They went over every paragraph with me and made me understand the process and that made me feel comfortable ‘cause I didn’t understand what it was saying. They've done their job and they reply and return all my phone calls quickly if I call them. I’d recommend Vanderbilt to anybody.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Vanderbilt stayed in constant touch with me, which I appreciated. There was only one bad thing that happened. I do not know if it was them, but they left off the front desk in the gathering, but that was fine with me because I got better ideas anyway. I like the whole experience. They were very helpful, very informative, open and honest. The loan specialist was courteous and he was great with communication. Every time I try to get a hold of him, he’s always available.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

The place that I bought my home from told me a certain person's name that I'd be dealing with at Vanderbilt Mortgage. It was a little bit confusing because they changed people on me three different times. I thought I was supposed to speak with one person, but when I would try to get ahold of that person, they'd tell me it was somebody else that was doing it. It was all okay whenever I spoke with someone but I had to do a lot of repeating from one person to the next.

Vanderbilt Mortgage went above and beyond. There was about a week where I couldn't get back in touch with anybody with Vanderbilt when I was supposed to. I was a little bothered by that. I'd left several voicemails and it took a good, solid week before I heard anything from anyone. But I figured that's probably just how it goes. Overall, I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Vanderbilt Mortgage has been very good, helpful and understandable. They kept me in touch on everything that was going on and what they need to work on. The application process took about 15 minutes but to be approved with the bank took three days. But basing on my credit, it was pretty challenging, but they did it. And what I find most impressive about them is when they say, "Yes." Vanderbilt's a good bank. People should try it.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Doing business with Vanderbilt Mortgage was easy. The application and underwriting went real smooth and took less than a week. The loan specialist told me after a couple of days that I am 100% approved.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Vanderbilt did an excellent work. It was not hard to communicate with them during the loan process -- that was excellent. The processor I dealt with was very professional. We communicated by phone and it was easy. She would phone all the questions that I had. Vanderbilt has been good and it has made me trust people more. I have gained my house by working with them.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Vanderbilt was awesome. They helped us a lot to get our house. The application and underwriting process went really fast and the lady that did the contract with us was very helpful and very nice. I'd tell my friends to go for Vanderbilt but they have to do their homework too and try to find a company anywhere that is better than Vanderbilt.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

My boyfriend and I went to Vanderbilt Mortgage one day, looked at homes, and decided we wanted to buy just to see what we'd get approved for. I submitted the application with my information on it then when they sent it all in and we figured out what we got approved for, we picked out our home. It was super easy. From application to approval, it took only about a week. The people at Vanderbilt were wonderful and helpful too. They called me when they needed something from me and I got my stuff sent in whenever they asked me for it. Vanderbilt has been great with everything and I was happy with them. My mom and my sister both have a loan through them as well.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

My loan had a lot of different variables included which made the application and underwriting process with Vanderbilt take a year. Working with them was outstanding and their people were very patient and understanding. I was mostly referred back to Paul, the rep. If I had questions, there were several times that they would email or call me after hours to try to get all the information that was needed. Even though I didn't speak to the specialist that much, the interaction was professional and it was like I actually knew him. This is my second time with Vanderbilt. It's been a difficult time so far but I talk with somebody daily so I was in the loop. I have a coworker who’s looking to buy a home and I told him about Vanderbilt. One good thing about the company is they deal with all the paperwork towards a fair credit. If you have some credit issues, Vanderbilt would be the place to go through.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Communicating with Vanderbilt Mortgage was very easy as I always had a number to call. The rep that I mainly spoke with knew his job, was easy to get ahold of and responded very fast. I'd recommend Vanderbilt Mortgage to a friend. Vanderbilt will help you get your own home mortgage loan.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Vanderbilt worked with me. My loan specialist, Cameron, was nice, kind and patient. She did all she knew how for me to get this loan. I would sometimes call her about certain things on her day off and she'd answer my question. She didn’t get upset. I would recommend Vanderbilt to a friend.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

It's very easy to conduct business with Vanderbilt Mortgage. They talked to me on the phone about everything I needed to know and were very communicative during the loan process. Then whenever I've had a question or concern, I've called them and got somebody on the phone. The wait times weren't so long and also, they’ve satisfied me by the time I got off the phone with them.

I've spoken to three loan specialists and I was impressed with the way they handled their business, getting back with me and letting me know things. I’ve had deals with other people where I was at the bottom of the line and it seemed that I just didn’t matter. But at Vanderbilt, they took care of me and helped me in any way they could. I also felt that one of the loan officers I spoke to treated me the best way that he could and got me the best deal that he could get. But since Vanderbilt was not local, which would have improved the process if they were, we interacted mostly on the phone. Still, it was a very good back and forth between me and that loan officer and was everything I expected to be.

The loan process took weeks to complete which was not very long at all. Then to help close the loan, Vanderbilt sent a lady over to the office in Statesboro. They also have different ways to pay the bill, I can do it online, over the phone, or through the mail. Overall, I'm satisfied with Vanderbilt. They put me in a home for the first time in my life. I just made my first payment, but from what I've seen, everything should be good and smooth.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Vanderbilt Mortgage did everything possible for me. The application and underwriting took a month and communicating with them throughout the whole process was very easy. My rep, Rick, did a good job and he called me all the time to give me all the info I needed.

Vanderbilt Mortgage Company Information