toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The home loan process at Vanderbilt Mortgage was very easy going. It was also pretty fast. From the time that I went house shopping to the time that I was in my house, it took me about a month. Also, everyone I spoke to throughout the process was very informative, helpful, friendly and courteous. They explain why things were taking time and where we were gonna go each day every time that they would call. No matter what kind of question you may have, they have the answer to it and they can walk you through and explain what’s going on even if you can’t see it from afar. They were also very nice and outgoing people. They really knew how to keep my spirits up even though I knew it’s gonna take some time to get my new home. They just kept pushing and pushing and pushing me until we finally got through to it.

They were also the best one to fit my budget. I’m happy with the interest rate. It doesn’t bother me and I know where it’s at. Making payments is very easy as well. It comes out of my bank directly and Vanderbilt pulls it out each month. I don’t have to do anything.

The young lady that was handling my paperwork was on point. She kept me informed and told me what she needed. My loan officer also worked everything out and made sure I got what I needed. Vanderbilt was easier to use because they were familiar with the dos and don’ts for the type of house that I was installing. There are some lenders that don’t do it for pre-fab or manufactured homes and they did. They made the process very easy. But the interest rate I’m gonna try to get lowered. My experience was pleasant and great. I couldn’t ask for a better experience.

I had a great experience with Vanderbilt. I got my internet set up so I did everything online. They kept me updated on everything and the rates that I got were really good. Better than what I thought they were gonna be. My approval was quick and all my payments are directly done online, too, so I don't have to call or drive anywhere. And I liked that the closing was done before I had to deal with the whole lending process and the house as well. It was a painless experience. I was very happy with the way it went.

We lost our farmhouse in a fire back in 2015 and Vanderbilt was able to help us finally replace it. I was scared at first because I didn't know what to expect from them but the process was smooth. They told us everything that was going on, what needed to be done and they were upfront. Their representatives were really informative and it was a good experience. If we had to do it again, we would definitely do it with Vanderbilt. We heard a lot of good things about them so we gave them a chance and they worked with us.

I had a good experience with Vanderbilt Mortgage and I didn't have too many issues. It took me a little longer than seven months from start to finish. We applied for the loan and got approval. Over about three months Vanderbilt was asking for documents they needed and then we worked with the mobile home company. Whenever the rep needed any kind of paperwork, she let me know right away and we got it to her. I thought the interest rate was pretty decent and fair with my credit score. It was also easy paying for our mortgage every month. My account is set up online and I just sign in and pay the bill. My homeowner's insurance is covered in the loan too.

The company we worked with to get our mobile home had a list of four loan offices. They said that the one that they have the most success with is Vanderbilt. So we picked two different loan offices, Vanderbilt and another one, to get a second opinion so we'll know we're not getting overpriced. The other place won't even give us a quote if our credit score was below 720, which is crazy high. They turned around and pretty much said they won't help us. On the other hand, everything went smooth with Vanderbilt Mortgage. They gave us options and let us know different ways of going about and doing our home loan. It was all pretty well laid out and explained to us first-time homebuyers. Then they helped with the insurance along the way as well. We would recommend anyone else buying a home to look into Vanderbilt.

On several occasions when calling to make a payment I have underwent a series of questions and I mean personal questions... I know that my payments are late and I know I don't have the best history of making my payments but I should never get told I need to get a job. I am a stay at home mom. My husband works and I get child support. This was on our application from the beginning.

If it was a problem then I feel like I would have not of gotten the loan to begin with just to be ridiculed for me not having a job and judging me for my life choices to be a stay at home mom. To tell me I need to quit spending money on other things in my life so that I am able to make my payments on time. I feel this is very inappropriate actions... Not to mention when I was in process of buying home I was promised certain things such as the underpinning would be fixed and that I would get new appliances because the stove had a crack in the top of it and well after several phone calls and two years I've never heard anything back and it has never been done...

I sold my home several months ago and through no fault of mine Wells Fargo would never close. I finally sold to a cash buyer and the slugs at Vanderbilt couldn't wait until the closing so they threatened to foreclose. I was told by Heather that I had to pay so much of the arrears or they would begin the legal proceedings the following week. I got the certified letter the following day stating that I had until the 25th of May 2017. They wouldn't lie now would they.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vanderbilt Mortgage?

I had to go in and fill out paperwork at the mobile home company for my home loan with Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance but it was pretty much simple. I left it all up to them until they got me approved. It was a fast process which took inside of about a week. Then the payments come out of my checking account.

My husband did all the paperwork for the loan with Vanderbilt Mortgage and the rep that he spoke to was very courteous, and always responded when we called him. It was easy and the whole process took about five weeks last year. We do automatic payment so I know I'm never missing a payment but I wish the interest rate would go lower. Other than that, it was a good experience and I highly recommend Vanderbilt Mortgage.

The home loan process with Vanderbilt was pretty clean. We got the approval and then went and chose the home that we wanted. The biggest problem was I'm a first time buyer and didn't understand certain things. So, I had to ship a couple of papers over a couple of times because I wasn't getting what they were asking for. But they were extremely responsive and very attentive to what we were asking. The rate could always be better, but with what I qualified for, it was a good deal. The process took 29 days and exceeded what my expectation was. When I walked in to talk to the guy who set me up with Vanderbilt, I told him if I can move in 30 days, I'll be happy.

I make the payments online which is convenient. The payment process was a deal beaker. I work for a wireless company and I do everything electronically. So, if they can't allow me to do it then I'm probably not gonna do it. I'd definitely recommend Vanderbilt. They have a fair and easy process and there's guidance throughout the way. It's also a respectful process and one that they manage and maintain very well.

When my daughter and I bought our home, it was financed through Vanderbilt. But I hope the interest rate was lower. The payment is quite large. I’m paying more interest than the principal. And I’m probably going to refinance.

I knew of Vanderbilt because my parents have their mortgage with them. The housing company that I was going through helped me set it all up. Vanderbilt was able to get hold of me and made it very easy and the process was straightforward. Everyone I spoke to was great, friendly and knowledgeable, helped out with anything that they could.

Everything is nice with Vanderbilt and their reps did a good job. They were slow fixing everything up, but they got here saying, "Yup, I'll fix." And they're easy to get in contact with. Plus, I'm absolutely happy with the interest rates.

I liked that Vanderbilt didn't have to have my land for security. It wasn't the easiest, but it was the most convenient for me. The easiest would've been to go on with the government. I could’ve gotten a VA loan for about 3.2%, but the government had to have a collateral of my land and I wasn't willing to put that up. Vanderbilt just wants the house back. The overall process took a month because I had to have some land work done before I could have the trailer moved in. I wasn't going to put it on an uneven piece of property. They worked with me on that and I appreciated it. I doubt that the government would've done that. I had recommended Vanderbilt because they did everything I asked them to do. The people who I worked with bent over backwards to help. They also gave me papers to read and the interest rate that I'm on is okay for right now.

The process of buying the house was fine. However, the quality of the home and the workers installing the home were definitely not what I thought it was going to be. It's been horrible. There were about 15 different things that had to be fixed with the house. They've had maintenance get out there multiple times fixing stuff. We had to have the plumbing redone three times. The septic tank on that property is uphill and the guys who did the install on it were not the best quality of people.

It's been Diana and Tracy from Vanderbilt who helped me and bent over backwards to get all problems fixed, which, at this point, are all fixed. I’ve been talking about them the whole time and they know all the problems that went down. Both of them were immensely apologetic. The customer service on both their parts was outstanding. They made me almost feel like family. Their kindness kept me going. The experience was pretty rough but the effort to get it up the standard in the end was there.

We were looking around and when we found the house, we went and talked to our sales reps at the Oakwood Homes. They were nice and they explained everything. They were supportive and they answered our questions. If we had any problems we could call them. It took us a while to get the house but we got it and we’re so happy. We had to sign a lot of paperwork but it was worth it. A lawyer representing Vanderbilt explained about the insurance that had to be combined with the house payments. In case something happens to either one of us, then it will be paid off. I’m glad we got the insurance through them. My mom always said that when the time comes, you have to go but at the same time it’s nice to be prepared.

Everything was so nice with Vanderbilt. The process took about two months and a few days, but it was because of the weather, not the financing stuff. They had to put brick underlay because we didn’t want the plastic, and they couldn't do that because it was raining and the weather was damp. And now, our home is beautiful. It looks like a regular house and not like a modular home.

The beginning of the process was fine. But the interest rates are too high and the whole process took too long. Once we were told that we had gotten the loan, they have to come and appraise our property. Things were done backwards and the appraiser should come out sooner than they do. They say it ain't because he's busy but if he does it, he wants to and if he doesn't, he won't.

We kept asking the lady that we bought the home from out at Freedom Homes if the loan went through. She knew that we're going to settle in a flood zone so we had to get flood insurance but they didn't include it. We asked the bankers at Vanderbilt about this and they said that the third-party insurance company said we're not in a flood zone even though we had our county commission and we were here when they did this. It's confusing and we're already stressed. Also, this is all new to us and it does not hurt to ask questions but every time we would call, we'd get somebody else and that was a little confusing too. But it all came out good in the end and we’re happy with the whole experience and we got our house.

The home loan process experience at Vanderbilt Mortgage has been good. The representatives I worked with were very helpful and they answered all my questions like they were supposed to. We were never on hold and before they were finalizing everything, they would keep us in touch. When we did the closing, they answered all our questions so they were pretty fair about everything, and their expectations. I’m happy with their interest rate. Easy payment process, I just call it in with my checking account although the entire process took a month. They’re good. They’re professional and I’m satisfied with their services.

Overall experience with the home loan process with Vanderbilt was good. Aside from the interest rate is a little high, I had no problem with the financing and everything else was okay. I gave all my information and they did the rest of it. Didn’t take long to get approved and only took about a week. They were very courteous and no problem at all.

I had good dealings with Vanderbilt Mortgage and the loan process went very smooth. They worked with me in every kind of way that they could. We had a little issue with the carpet. And they came right out, replaced it and did everything they were supposed to do. I've been recommending them to a few people.

Our experience with Vanderbilt was good. We went to Vanderbilt first and then we reviewed a couple other companies, and then we went back to them. We’re satisfied with them. The home loan process took us a long time. Their representatives were courteous and helpful, though.

The loan process with Vanderbilt Mortgage was done remotely and everything went smoothly. My credit was good and my payment is $1030 a month, which is reasonable and way within my means. Their reps were great and were really easy to work with. And there's no problem in getting the same process. Everything was really kosher. However, I may refinance in the future and use my VA benefits to knock down about 3% interest since I only took a loan of the house. I own everything else like the property, the shop. It's all one acre. So, I got to have equity with the profit I would gain once I get my landscaping redone because they tore up the place in around here.

The home loan process with Vanderbilt Mortgage was dragged out. Their reps were friendly and seemed to want to help but every time I turned around, I had to get something else because they didn't tell me everything at first. We started it at the end of September. We were having to move out of our place by December 1st and were supposed to be closing in our house by Thanksgiving. But it ended up being a month later because they kept coming up with something else we had to produce. They knew about it 'cause we had told them several times. I even offered to pay more of the overnight fees or whatever I had to do. It pissed us off because we had to live with my mom and dad for a month. And I'm 40 years old. It was ridiculous.

My wife and I have both come out of bankruptcy. She had lost her home to a previous divorce five years prior to that. I did, too, so we were getting our credit reestablished. We have tried for two years with different places and Vanderbilt took a chance on us. We like the idea that we’re able to pay a little more on our payment when we’re able to and they’ve worked with us well. We enjoyed them helping us out. We’ve just settled in our home and we’ve been in it for four months now. We were blessed with Vanderbilt and we’re happy with the home.

Vanderbilt Mortgage was set up through our realtor. Their reps were all very helpful. Everyone was very cooperative when they did things for us. The overall loan process took a couple days because we had some issues, but that wasn’t a long process at all. It was a very smooth transition and we got excellent service. We never had any problems. We’re also happy with their interest rate. I’ve made our payments online. I would prefer to be able to use my debit card, but it only gives me the option to do a check which often seems to take three or four days to clear. Another thing about using online is I'd like to pay additional towards the principal and it doesn’t give you that option.

Everything was explained ahead of time and there were no surprises. Vanderbilt's reps were excellent. The experience has been great and I would recommend Vanderbilt Mortgage to anybody.

Vanderbilt Mortgage was very thorough in letting me know what I needed to do to secure the loan. They worked with the mobile home people who I was getting the trailer from. Then, they got back to us and let us know what our status was when we were trying to purchase a home and even after that, they had follow up calls. The entire process just took about 90 days. Also, whenever I had any problem since I got the home, they were very fast at repairing and sending out their technicians.

We had a deed issue somewhere down the line. We got a quote from a couple of other and Vanderbilt were the best out of the three. The home loan process went pretty smooth. The salesman pretty much handled everything. I had to provide him with the documents for the mortgage like tax, income, mail proof, proof of income (my wife has disability), W-2s, 1099s and they pretty much did the rest of it. Vanderbilt is also a little bit quicker in getting it approved than the other ones I had before this. From the pre-approval until closing was a couple of weeks. We just did a home-only loan and we didn’t have the deed work and all that to go with it. Payments is also auto online.

However, their interest rates are a little bit high for a home-only loan and their closing cost is also kind of expensive. I think they know that they’re one of the only ones that does home-only loans so it is what it is. We’re only doing a bi-weekly so we’re only doing about a 20-year mortgage on it. When they pre-approved, they quoted and then we ended up being $30 every two weeks more than the original one. But some of that was taxes and insurance because they just guessed on it, like the actual numbers are changed.

The home loan process with Vanderbilt was stressful. I know everybody who needs to buy a house is like that. Everybody tells me the same thing and they want this and that and you have to go through so many steps. I wasn't working at the time because where I worked went out of business. I also had just gotten back from a vacation and I hadn't had the time to go look for a job. But my credit was excellent. They checked it and it went through okay. But it kept going back and forth. I had to have papers they didn't have. They tell you all that they need and you think you have everything ready. You give it all but then you have to have more, over and over again. It took us two months to do it and that was too long. I should have made sure I had my job back first before I even did it. It would have been 10 times easier and I wouldn't have to go through so much stress.

I wish they would've let me change my due date on my house payment. It's been a real pain trying to get all these straightened up but no one will let me change it. Also, my check doesn't come until the middle of the month but they want it the first of the month and it's stressing me out! If I had to do it again, I would make sure that I'm working before I do it again. It was a long and aggravating process but they tried to work with me.

The home loan process with Vanderbilt Mortgage was easy. They did everything and we just had to turn in what we needed to. The process was time-consuming but there was a lot of stuff that goes into it so it was understandable. It took a little while but the approval was in a couple of days. Everyone we worked with was nice and informative. However, the loan is a new construction and considering how young we are, the interest rates are hard and awful. I wish they would be a little better but I don't think that's exactly their fault.

My experience with Vanderbilt was fine. They seemed like the right company to go with and so I went with them. The process of getting accepted for the mortgage wasn't long and everything went without any hitches.

My home loan with Vanderbilt went through sooner than when I thought it would go through. It took about 4 weeks, which wasn't long, not when you put $3,000 down for it. I'm satisfied with them and my new home. I got a mortgage for 30 years but I'm thinking of paying it off in 30 to 36 months. Closing the loan was all done on a screen and the rep who took my loan was really nice. If I had problems and I'd call him, he would call me right back. I thought I could I get my home through the real estate and banks to finance companies and Vanderbilt is better by far than them.

Vanderbilt Mortgage Company Profile