Call toll free
4.76/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc. is a national housing lender that has been in business for more than 40 years, specializing in new and used manufactured and modular homes.

Vanderbilt Mortgage offers a variety of financing programs for customers with great credit, less than perfect credit, and for first time homebuyers. We help families just like yours find the right financing program to obtain the home of their dreams.

Contact our team of experts today, and let us help you start the process of becoming a homeowner.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1742 Vanderbilt Mortgage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: April 16, 2019

Vanderbilt called me on daily to ask me questions and see how everything was going. For any questions I had, I would give them a call and they had the answers right there when I needed them. I worked with Caden, my loan specialist, and he did a good job. It was kinda new to me so he was still trying to learn the ropes. I was very happy that the application and underwriting process was very quick. It was faster than I expected and I was very shocked when they told me I got approved for the house.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2019

Closing the mortgage with Vanderbilt was the easiest process I’ve ever done. Interacting with their rep went great and it was a lot of help. The process took three months and it closed a week before the time frame that they gave me so, it was good. They kept me posted by emails, text or by phone if anything would change. I liked the service and they communicated a lot.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Vanderbilt Mortgage did all the things to help me close my loan. It wasn't difficult to communicate with them during the loan process because they took care of everything and they explained a lot of things. They treated me really well and I liked that they were very nice. I just had to wait to see how my loan application was gonna go and if it was gonna be accepted. So, we waited but that didn't take long. Everything was good about the process and I would recommend Vanderbilt Mortgage.

Original review: April 13, 2019

The application and underwriting process with Vanderbilt Mortgage took about a month. They provided information to me and addressed all my questions and concerns well, although there was a little lack of communication between the mortgage company and the trailer company I bought the home from. I had asked once on something, but they wouldn’t know. I had to talk to the trailer company, although I felt they already knew the answer. Still, it was fine conducting business with Vanderbilt.

Original review: April 12, 2019

The application process with Vanderbilt Mortgage was easy and along with the underwriting, it took a month and a half. It was super fast. The communication was outstanding. At one point though, we were talking to three different people and we answered all the questions but it didn't seem like those three people were communicating with each other, only with us. But it was nothing major. The loan officer was completely nice, very thorough and easy to work with. Her whole demeanor and attitude were super. The times I talked to her, she was never negative. She was always upbeat and positive about everything. Overall, my experience with Vanderbilt was excellent. Anytime we called and asked, they had an answer back for us within a couple of hours.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vanderbilt Mortgage?

Original review: April 12, 2019

The application process with Vanderbilt Mortgage was very quick and easy. It took about 30 days from start to when I closed. However, it was a little confusing from the time that it was approved to when it moved to the next department. I worked with one person and she approved everything, then she had sent everything to another department that would get me on my final numbers and get everything ready. I had to keep calling the girl in the first process and ask if somebody was gonna call me because it took a while for the approved application to show up in the computer.

It was easy to communicate with Vanderbilt during the whole loan process, though. The loan specialist, Ashley, was very good. I would call her or I would get a response within a day if I emailed her. And if she was out of the office, she would let me know that she was out of the office and wouldn't be able to get back to me until the next day. She was so easy to get a hold of and get to answer questions. I appreciate the whole process. I applied online, then they contacted me from there. I could do everything from my home and I didn't have to go to several different banks. They also let me know right away if I was approved.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I chose Vanderbilt Mortgage because the name was more out there than the other ones then. The application and underwriting process was easy. It took not too long because I had my salesperson helping me. The guy that did the notary stuff was there also and they helped walk me through the process. The rate and the terms were fair.

Original review: April 11, 2019

The mortgage process at Vanderbilt took an hour. A woman rep helped me and she was so personal. She had been very nice to me when she called. And with the way that I was treated, I couldn't have asked for anything better. I would recommend Vanderbilt Mortgage highly.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Our house got destroyed in the hurricane and it happened six weeks after we closed with Vanderbilt. We waited so long for debris removal and Vanderbilt was the least of our worries. They did such a wonderful job and they were on top of everything. They always kept in communication. They were done with us within a month and it was really fast.

Initially, we were looking at how much we could put down because right after the storm, we drained our bank account. Later, when I got some more money from the insurance company, they were happy to take the contingency off because we initially had a contingency to sell our home in Texas first and that would’ve taken forever. I called back and I said, “Hey, can you do the calculation? How much can I put down in order to get the loan approved in addition to...” Those were two mortgages for two different homes and they did the calculation within half an hour. They came right back and said, “Hey, if you can put this much down, we’ll be able to approve a loan for you so that you don’t have to wait for the contingency. You don’t have to wait to sell your house.” They explained the calculation and they did such a wonderful job.

I was most impressed by the communication. They were on it and if I couldn’t get through or I had a question and it happened to be off hours, I could leave a message and they would call me back as soon as business opened. It was nice to not have to wait for somebody to call me back when I had a question. The responsiveness was excellent. I'm happy to have the experience with Vanderbilt.

Original review: April 10, 2019

It was easy conducting business with Vanderbilt. They were really good. The loan process wasn't a pain in the butt, it was fairly quick and it was pretty clear. But the application and underwriting process took longer because I would have to drive to the place. Otherwise, it was done in a timely manner. Vanderbilt always kept on calling me to keep me up to date with everything and every time I had to do something. I never really had to give them a call. I would recommend Vanderbilt.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Getting a hold of Vanderbilt wasn’t that hard. If I couldn't get a hold of the information, they would call me right back. All of them were very helpful. The application and underwriting process took almost a year though. We had a little bump on the road along the way, and it was on my part that it lasted that long. Still, Vanderbilt did a good job. The transparency of the lending process with them was very good. They told me what was going on and that they would really help along the way.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Vanderbilt Mortgage did a very excellent job. They knew all the answers to any question I had and I was very pleased with them. If it comes down to anybody else that I know of looking to go down that route to buy a mobile home or whatnot, I would absolutely recommend them to go through Vanderbilt. Our salesperson from the home manufacturer's also helped us tremendously and let us know what we needed. I gathered the documentation so as far as Vanderbilt Mortgage went, it was a smooth process. We had what we needed, which were submitted, then boom, there was no wait other than what Vanderbilt needed to do on their side. The process took about two days. A lady called and advised us of the approval and we briefly went over the terms.

Original review: April 9, 2019

The application and underwriting process at Vanderbilt took around two months and their rep was really good. He helped us a lot and walked us through the whole process. He's still communicating through to us. Once I text him or call him or the others, I get an answer that same moment. Everything has been good thus far.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I’m beyond happy with my experience with Vanderbilt. I got a new house through working with them. We didn’t get approved everywhere else that we tried - Vanderbilt was the only one that approved us. The application process was very easy. A week after we filled out the application, we had our approval letter. And because of how easy it was, I’ve already sent a couple of people out there to try to get approved on a house.

It was also very easy to communicate with Vanderbilt's people. They either called or e-mailed, and they kept me up-to-date the whole way. I got an e-mail almost every day to let me know what part of the process we were in. They were very transparent. I heard from three different reps who assisted me. The very first person to call me went on vacation so I had another guy who then also went on vacation. I got a third person and then the original lady came back two weeks later. They all stayed on top of things the whole time. Every time I got a different person, the original person passed it to the second person and so on. They always send an e-mail with the telephone number and the extension in case I had any question.

Original review: April 8, 2019

The people at Vanderbilt explained everything, and we were told that if we had any issues, we were free to contact them. They had emails and phone numbers so they made it easy to get in touch with them. It just took a while for them to get back, but I knew they're busy as well. Sometimes we had to make emails and leave messages and wait a while, but it wasn’t too bad. They addressed our questions and concerns very well, and they made us feel comfortable. They were very nice and helped us take care of any issues we may have had.

Original review: April 8, 2019

The loan process went well. I just sent in all my information and answered all of the questions from Vanderbilt. They also answered all my questions and we got everything done pretty fast. The reps were pretty knowledgeable about everything. They were pretty easy to communicate with and they were clear about everything.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I was shopping around for my mobile home and the salesman told me about Vanderbilt Mortgage. Their process was a lot better than the other providers. The underwriting process took me three weeks and everything went really well. I got all my letters in the mail quickly and I also got a welcome phone call. The reps answered all my questions and helped me understand everything that I didn’t know. I had great communication with my loan specialist too.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I had the most worst experience buy my first home with Ashley ** the loan officer and also the sale lady Sherry was playing all games with me. I was trying purchase a mobile home from them and when I tried to get my paperwork together and I wanted to sign a contract the lady Ashley ** Assume we wasn't telling her the truth when I had to her Sherry had counter offer me a price. I just think that this company have a big lack in communication with each other and also the property manager Scott didn't do anything to make it right. I thought this company is to treat people right, do the right thing and listen to our Customers.

Original review: April 7, 2019

We bought an older model mobile home that had been totally renovated and the application and underwriting process with Vanderbilt took close to 15 weeks. They were wonderful. We had some little ripples towards the end though and I contacted an individual who worked above the person, and he solved my problem in a day. He was absolutely outstanding and it was like Johnny on the spot. Their reps were pleasant and professional and Craig was especially helpful. We were so pleased with our experience with Vanderbilt and I'd highly recommend them.

Original review: April 7, 2019

It took us almost nine months from the time we started paperwork till we moved in. We had some issues with different places and they had a bunch of hold ups. But Vanderbilt was helpful anytime we were on the phone. I had the extension for the lady I needed to talk to and I just called her directly. If I had to leave a message, they were good about calling back. I didn’t know what we were doing and they answered all kinds of questions. I learned a lot about it.

Original review: April 6, 2019

The Vanderbilt Mortgage application and underwriting took about two hours and they were very easy to communicate with during the process. Anytime I contacted them, they responded immediately. Their rep was very helpful too. My questions were answered well.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Our application and underwriting process with Vanderbilt Mortgage took a month and everything went well. Vanderbilt is great. They give everybody a fair chance at life of trying to own something and I'm in a home now through them. I'd highly recommend them.

Original review: April 6, 2019

It was very easy conducting business with Vanderbilt. Everybody was very courteous and I had a wonderful rep. The process was very smooth too. The application and underwriting process took two to three weeks. And when I wasn't able to find some W-2, they got those for me. I didn't even have to worry about it. They did an excellent job trying to figure out my income. Everything was great.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Vanderbilt Mortgage worked around what we were looking for payment-wise. They kept me informed of what was going on. If I had any concerns, I usually left a message and somebody called me back. Conducting business with them was not difficult at all. The application and underwriting process wasn't too long.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I like working with Vanderbilt and it was really easy doing business with them. They got me into a home, which is great, and I had a good experience. They did everything to help close the loan application. The whole process took about two weeks and it was plain black and white. It was really easy communicating with them and they were flexible. Their reps contacted me regularly and asked me if I ever had any questions. This is my first time buying a home so I had questions and they took time to answer them. I could reach them via e-mail, phone call or text message and I would usually get a response back quickly. Their reps did a good job.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Vanderbilt Mortgage explained everything including how long the process was gonna be. The application and underwriting process took a month to be completed. They did a good job on everything and how they treated us. Sometimes I didn't know what was going on with the lending process, but I asked them and they let me know.

Original review: April 4, 2019

The loan process took about two weeks, and Vanderbilt did a good job. When we met the loan specialist at the library, he did really good and it was easy to communicate with him.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Vanderbilt Mortgage seemed to be fair. When we needed something or we had questions, there was always somebody there to answer.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I signed up with Vanderbilt Mortgage. The application process took about six weeks. However, they lost some computer paperwork and had to start the loan over. They gave me another loan officer. Despite the issues, they did great. They called me, stayed in contact and let me know every step of the way. Their rep was very polite and she was able to let me know everything that I needed to do.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I liked the way that Vanderbilt works with your credit, where they combined mine and my fiancée's credit, so that helped us out a lot. They did most of the dealings with the bank, but whenever I needed something changed and I wanted to call them and get my update on my taxes, they would do that pretty quick. They gave me a number and whenever I called that number, they were able to assist me. They kept us informed on everything and I felt like I knew what was going on.

Vanderbilt Mortgage Company Information