4.61/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc. is a national housing lender that has been in business for more than 40 years, specializing in new and used manufactured and modular homes.

Vanderbilt Mortgage offers a variety of financing programs for customers with great credit, less than perfect credit, and for first time homebuyers. We help families just like yours find the right financing program to obtain the home of their dreams.

Contact our team of experts today, and let us help you start the process of becoming a homeowner.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 21, 2017

617 Vanderbilt Mortgage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I signed with Vanderbilt Mortgage for a home loan process. However, I haven’t gotten my 50-inch TV that I was supposed to get and have followed up with their rep, but haven’t heard anything from them. But overall they were okay.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

We've read and seen things about Vanderbilt Mortgage that got us more interested in them than a few of the other companies. And by looking at the statistics, we felt like we could trust them. The loan process was really excellent, although it took a couple of months because we ran into some hiccups. But anytime we had a problem, we could call up Samantha and she would help and talk us through it. We dealt with Samantha the most but a few others backed her up as well and they were excellent to work with. I'd highly recommend Vanderbilt to anybody.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

The Vanderbilt rep called, sent emails and paper in the mail. They did a wonderful job of keeping us informed. We submitted an application in the first week of July and we did not get into our home until October. The only thing that was a setback was that the company that did our appraisal made quite a few mistakes that had to keep being corrected. But everything else went great.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

The lending process at Vanderbilt Mortgage was easy, and once I gave my credit score, everything was good. But it took two months, which was kind of slow. Everybody at Vanderbilt was polite and nice, and there was no problem during the process. But when everything was done, I had left a message to talk directly to the representative and I haven’t heard back from him.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I have a friend that manages an RV park and a mobile park next to each other in Roswell. They have brand new and clean mobile homes put out here. And there's a sign that said, “Find me and then just call Vanderbilt.com.” When I went to claim a mobile home, I was given options of different finance companies but I chose Vanderbilt because I've seen their name on one of the mobile homes. Vanderbilt went far and beyond with helping me. I had been approved three years ago for a mobile home with some conditions that I wasn’t able to meet at that time. It really impressed me that they went to that extent to work my account. I chose them again the second time around and I felt like I was prepared to comply with their requests, so everything worked out beautifully.

The loan process was easy because they communicated everything that they wanted via email, which I thought was awesome. Tamie took care most of the stuff that needed to be done. And it kind of prepared me for an hour and a half drive to Tamie and get the paperwork submitted to Vanderbilt. The only thing that I didn’t like, which was really minor, is that I had a credit card that was paid off, however, life goes on and I have warranty credit cards that I use to pay certain bills. And every time they did some re-verifying, there was a charge on it and I have to pay it off. After a while, I told them that I needed them to get on it quickly because I have to pay bills. I like that I have a loan officer and she has some people helping now to verify other information. Anna was one of them and she would contact me and tell me she needs an information and she's working with Tamie to speed up the process. I found it great that it was a tag team effort.

In five days, I was notified that I had been qualified for the month, which was impressive. There was a process of getting all the income tax returns and all the copies of stuff and credit card payments that have been cleared and I had to wait for some of it. So it wasn’t something that Vanderbilt delayed. They followed up with what's needed to be done in a timely manner. There was an instance where Anna needed something, and I emailed it to her right away. And something happened to her and her computer wasn’t able to open that format. Another member I was talking to jumped in and told me that they'd get back to me but she was helping Anna. It was awesome. I recommended Vanderbilt to my neighbor across the street and right now, they are working on her application for a mobile home.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vanderbilt Mortgage?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I've had a good experience working with Vanderbilt Mortgage's representative. They're good people and the loan process was okay. Getting the loan made me happy.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I had a great experience with Vanderbilt. The reps explained everything well and they answered all my questions. There was one time, however, when I called and needed to talk to someone but they kept sending me to another representative until finally I told the last guy who answered the phone what was going on and he stopped it there and had my question taken care of.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Vanderbilt Mortgage had what I needed and they were great. A lot of companies don’t have the manufactured homes and stuff, so it's hard to find someone. But Vanderbilt was there, with good representatives who answered all my questions as we went along. The loan process took about three weeks and was really smooth and easy.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

When I talked to Vanderbilt, they explained everything I needed to know and were very good at what they do. They treated me very well and the process was easy. I was approved the next day and we've been in the house since October 13th. They even called to tell me when my first payment would be and when I'd be getting my thing in the mail. She told me I could choose which way I wanted to set up the payments. Everything was great!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Vanderbilt Mortgage has been excellent. We went there and we didn't really have to do anything, they went through everything. They were great, easy to work with and the rep was super nice, explained everything and broke everything down for us. I told others to go over and talk to Vanderbilt if they think about getting a trailer because they can meet nice people that will work with them.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Vanderbilt communicated well and did a great job. The whole process was one of the better experiences I've had.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

The loan process was fairly easy. The people at Vanderbilt Mortgage seem to be easy to deal with and were courteous. It went pretty fine and we got approved fast. However, if I had to do it all over again, I can't say I will do it again with them. I questioned the monthly payment because it was far from what I was originally told. That was a little bit misleading.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Vanderbilt's rep was very patient with me, even when I was getting angry. They answered all the questions I had and I haven't had a problem at all.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Vanderbilt Mortgage's home loan process was easy and my experience with their rep was good. I was impressed that they’d call right back when I call and have to leave a message but, I would like not having to call as much. Nonetheless, my experience with them has been easy and it went well.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I actually had my mortgage sold to them and later refinanced with extra cash. They worked with me when the weather did not cooperate to get the items completed within the timeline allowed.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Everything was good and simple with Vanderbilt's loan process except that all was on the phone. I dealt with a realtor named Brent and he rushed everything. He didn’t read some of the paperwork and he just put a signature on it and went. Everything got done but we had to remind him of what's all in the contract. Everything was professional and Vanderbilt did really well. I'm definitely going to recommend Vanderbilt to everybody I know yet warn them to be cautious and make sure they read all of their contracts.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

The home loan process at Vanderbilt Mortgage was good. Their reps were quick at getting things done. They were nice and cooperative with everything and helped us get everything we needed. It was a really good experience.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I’m very satisfied with the service that Vanderbilt Mortgage provided. Their customer reps were very helpful. I’ve had a home loan two months ago and my experience was very good.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I filled out an application for Vanderbilt Mortgage, sent it in, and it came back approved. Then they got a lawyer to do all the final paperwork on it. They kept us up to date on everything and it was no problem if I needed to call them. Also, they gave me a name and number when they called. The whole process took about 6 weeks and working with them was a good experience with no difficulties. I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

We got the trailer through Vanderbilt and my loan process experience was right and easy. I had a perfect encounter with their reps and they were nice and friendly. They were great on helping us get the loan and everything we needed. I'd recommend anybody to go to them.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

We are now living in the modular and four-bedroom home that we purchased through Vanderbilt. Their application process was long and took about two months. It was because we had a week of rain as well as two or three hurricanes and their people who were working on our account were helping out with the rehabilitation. The electrician was in Florida trying to help put things back together and the plumber did something in Florida though I’m not sure exactly what it was. I had a good experience with Vanderbilt overall and I’m waiting to receive a payment statement from them.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Speaking directly to Vanderbilt, the process was easy and they were pretty accurate with the dates. If I had any questions, they didn't tell me that they'll call back. Instead, they put me on hold while they tried to figure out the answers right there and then. If they couldn't, they asked for my best schedule, and that’s the time when I call back or they call me back to let me know the answers. They're patient as well since my wife called every 37 minutes. My experience was great and anybody from Vanderbilt was outstanding. I will recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

When I applied for a loan for the mobile home, there were three companies that they had and Vanderbilt was one of them. I filled out some paperwork and sent it in. I chose a different organization but we had some problems with my end of the outfit. Vanderbilt stepped in and offered me a full coverage on my loan and I accepted it. So far, everything seems to be fine.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

We got us a new home and we've just started our mortgage with Vanderbilt. The process has been good and my rep was very nice. I was impressed with how quick they were at getting back to us. We're satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

At the time we were purchasing the home, Vanderbilt was our best choice. During the application, I picked out a home and went to see if I could get approved for it, which I did. The process was easy and they were very friendly with trying to get me approved and working with me. It was just that my credit score was at a certain limit and it forced me to put a lot of money down. The lady loan officer went over everything about the loan and let me know what’s going on, and if I had any questions, I let her know. Working with them was an excellent choice as far as the loan company. They’re forgiving to people and they were very helpful, and I had a great experience. Vanderbilt is another option of going when you're having a low credit score.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Vanderbilt's representatives were good and informative. They answered any questions that I had and let me know a few things that I didn't know. I was told a lot of people use them and I figured I would see what it was all about. Once I submitted my application, they called me after three days. They told me my application was approved. Then, when I decided I wanted the home, I only had to send in a couple of item. The supervisor that I've talked to has been really been nice. I can get in touch with them if I need them.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Everybody's nice at Vanderbilt Mortgage and they explained everything to us. But the process took a little longer than we thought. We had to redo the loan because we needed the lower payment amount and we were done in about three weeks. Everything else went pretty smoothly and it's been a terrific experience so far. If someone would ask about them, I would suggest they go and use Vanderbilt.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I called VMF and told the lady that I needed a record because of the bank for direct deposit, where the payments will come out of my check. I got a letter and my payment is starting next month. I was satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I was tentatively approved for a $50,000 loan by Vanderbilt. Searched and searched and could not find anything in that price range that was not a piece of junk or located in a crime ridden one horse town. I got one phone call after another wanting to know if I had found something. Then I get a letter stating all the bills that I had to pay off before they would make the loan.

If I had money enough not to need credit for a car or household goods I certainly would not have stooped to buying a home from Vanderbilt. I am certainly relieved after receiving the letter as I was beginning to get more and more disgusted with them. I think they tell everyone that they have been conditionally approved for a loan and then sucker them into providing gobs of paperwork that just wastes your time and energy. I have asked them to remove my name and my account from their records. I do not recommend using Vanderbilt for any purchase of any kind. Beware of them... They are scoundrels....

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I did everything over the phone until I went to sign the paperwork because it was already a home, it was just in someone else’s name. But the people at Vanderbilt Mortgage were informative and they got everything done in a timely manner. That’s a big thing for me since I don’t have a lot of time. Everyone that I worked with was professional and everything was efficient. They did everything they could do as quickly as possible except for the title search which they can’t control, but I would have liked to know what was the holdup and that was what we were waiting for.

A couple of times I had to call to check and I didn’t get an update. It wasn’t the gentleman’s fault but he had let me know and he apologized, and he said he thought he had sent me an email but he didn’t. They made the information available to me and gave me the choice whether I want to move forward or not. Everything else is fine and I will recommend them. It was a pleasant experience and it was worth it. If I were to do business, I would do business with Vanderbilt again.

Vanderbilt Mortgage Company Information