Call toll free
4.78/5
Based on 763 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc. is a national housing lender that has been in business for more than 40 years, specializing in new and used manufactured and modular homes.

Vanderbilt Mortgage offers a variety of financing programs for customers with great credit, less than perfect credit, and for first time homebuyers. We help families just like yours find the right financing program to obtain the home of their dreams.

Contact our team of experts today, and let us help you start the process of becoming a homeowner.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1264 Vanderbilt Mortgage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Spoke with Robin ** about payment. We got behind back in the beginning of the year and we have had a hard time catching up. My husband job changed how they pay when they couldn't work. Last year they guaranteed 40 hours a week. This year they changed it. If they couldn't work due to rain or no work ready they don't get paid so we got behind. I called today and Vanderbilt is offering to help us get caught up. So excited because I have been trying to save up to pay the note we are behind but something always happens. Thanks to Robin for going above and beyond to help. She talked to her supervisor and they are working on a plan to help us. Very appreciated.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

We had to reapply with Vanderbilt Mortgage and after we reapplied, the process took not even about a month. Everything was great with Vanderbilt but I would love it if there was just one person that you dealt it. There was back and forth with different people, and everybody wasn’t always on the same page. But they did their best to get everything together as quickly as possible.

The verbal communication was great, but as far as getting things in the mail, it would take a week later after you found out from them what was going on. We received a conditional offer in the mail after we had already moved into our home. We freaked out and called them. They said it was from weeks ago. They sent us out a recondition loan after we were done signing the papers and there was a different price on it. Other than that, everybody was really helpful and kind. We've recommended them.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Vanderbilt Mortgage's lending process was good and took three weeks. Still, it could have gone faster. Nevertheless, the rep's customer service impressed me. Financially, a lot has changed in my life after working with them. I'd tell my friends that Vanderbilt Mortgage was good.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I bought one of these homes about eight years ago and paid cash for it, and it was great. I knew that I would get another one and give the one that I had bought previously to my daughter when I retire, and it was exactly what I did. I gave her my old home and bought a brand new one for myself, but I wish I hadn't done that. Vanderbilt Mortgage told us that would be in the house at least a month before we would ever see a payment, but it had been going on for about three months and there was still no purchase and no way to get in it. Vanderbilt should have gotten somebody that was qualified to do the job. My loan specialist, Scott, did the best he could with what he had, however, there was nobody at Vanderbilt to get anything done. It was poor service.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Vanderbilt's lending process is good. Everything was good as well in my interactions with their representative and it was easy to communicate. I was told there’s an open door and all I had to do was bring any situation or question I had to their attention and tell them about it and they would take care of it. The application and underwriting took about a week and a half. They worked with me on the down payment. I wanted a smaller financial rate, but I guess that depends more on me too. They were quick in trying to get everything together and they really worked overtime for us.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vanderbilt Mortgage?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Vanderbilt worked well with us to close our loan and their lending process is very good. The application and underwriting took about a month. Also, the rep was very helpful and communicating with her wasn’t hard at all.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Vanderbilt Mortgage helped me get approved for a new home so they gave me a new home to live in. They took care of it and the process was great. But it took a little bit longer, about a week and a half. My girlfriend kept talking to them to get things done because they didn't get things done. Joe works for the home manufacturer and he told my girlfriend to call some guy 'cause if we don't call them, they won't get it done. But they got it done so I'm happy. Ryan helped me do the application on the home and he helped me get approved for a mobile home trailer for me to live in. He got everything going for me so it would be all set up for me to live in. It's my first time to ever have a home and I'm happy. Ryan also said that my home will help me improve my credit. Most likely, if I make my payments on time, it will improve my status. If I ever need a loan again in the future, I'm hoping I'd be able to get another loan whenever I need it.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Vanderbilt laid out the options that I had, and they told me about them and mailed me copies of the different options. The whole process involved them getting the paperwork ready for closing, and it took just a couple of weeks. The lending process went really well for me and it was pretty easy. Anytime I called them, if I wasn’t able to talk to somebody right then, they called back pretty quick with some answers.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Vanderbilt worked with me really well. They explained some stuff to me that I didn't quite understand and how it works 'cause we've never bought a home before. The process took a couple of days and it was very easy to communicate with them. Vanderbilt has great customer service and made the process easy. They’re super helpful.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

The loan process took three months and during that time, communicating with the people at Vanderbilt was easy. They also explained everything well.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Vanderbilt was very quick about getting the process done and we were in our house in about a month. They were calling me, checking with me to see if there was anything that I needed done, going over everything with me. They would call me with their name, their number, and how to get in touch with them. They could make the payment cheaper but they’ve been really great. They okayed everything, and it was more than what we even wanted. I would highly recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I’m glad I went with Vanderbilt. I’ve never bought a home before and this is my first home loan. The rep I worked with has done everything out of her willpower to make sure that the loan went through. They required two years and I worked pipeline, so it was hard getting two straight years out of my business. So, she went back to where she found two years and made it work so we could get the loan. In addition, my job before messed a bit. They said I didn't work for them when I did. We were also talking back and forth, and we talked in every other day trying to figure this stuff so she could help us get approved for the loan. She’s very understanding, and all over around, a good person.

The transparency was good, too. A lot of people I know buy homes and it takes months and months to process. I know people that are still waiting on to even get their home financed just because of all the paperwork, but ours was done in no time. Since we got our money and then she got the dates, we were signing papers. It was very quick and I was approved in about a month. Vanderbilt worked with us. My partner and I both work and it’s hard to get on the same page. I work out of town all the time and she works back home and she couldn't answer the phone because her job is important and it would take her attention 24/7 and my job does the same with me. It was hard to focus on a lot of things, but we got it all done. Vanderbilt did great and I’m very proud of them. Keep up the good work.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Vanderbilt Mortgage helped my father with a low-interest rate. The whole application and underwriting process took three days. His loan specialist Leslie was good at explaining the process and the monthly payment. However, my father doesn’t speak English and when Vanderbilt’s people first called, it was someone in English. Then, they gave us a number and when we called, my father had someone who spoke in Spanish. All the calls that we have received were in English and it would have been better if there was someone to interpret it in Spanish too.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Vanderbilt is a good loan company to go through and a good place to do a refinance. They did very well on the loan that I dealt with them and they showed a bit of appreciation. The application and underwriting took almost about a year but they let me know they were very sorry for the inconvenience. I also hoped they could have lowered my payment. There were a lot of things that I had to go pay this off and pay that off in order to get my loan, and I was wondering why I got to do all that in order to get my house approval. Those should have been cleared. Still, I found the communication to be very well and outstanding.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Vanderbilt gave me the opportunity that a lot of other places didn’t give me and took a chance on a single mother that was on low income and was trying to get good credit. The process took three months and I was trying to rush it because of my living situation, but they did the best they could and everything went well. There were times when my loan officer Christian wasn’t available, but he got me on the loan that was fair and worked with me as far as trying to make sure that I could afford the payments. He was very knowledgeable when I asked him questions and it seemed like he had been on his job for a while. I've heard some of my friends and other people talking about how they're looking for houses, and they're in the same situation or a bit different than me. I've been telling them that I had an opportunity that was fair in my life, and they could try Vanderbilt and maybe they could get the same approval as well.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Vanderbilt Mortgage offered a loan that was a good fit to begin with. Everything went really well and the application and underwriting process took 30 days. Communicating with them was easy. Everybody was friendly and on top of everything. They were really fast. Susan and another lady loan specialist explained everything to me fairly clear right off the bat. The transparency of their lending process has been a good experience for me all-around.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

It took four months for Vanderbilt Mortgage to process the paperwork and get the loan closed for me, and everything went pretty well. They kept on calling and kept me updated on everything to keep the lending process going. It was easy to communicate with them and I knew pretty much everything about the loan. On their end, Vanderbilt did wonderfully for me.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Everybody that I came in contact with at Vanderbilt was nice. However, there were multiple people calling me and it was very confusing. I would try and call someone who called me with the information they've requested but they would never answer the phone. It was always voicemail. I would leave a voicemail but I would never receive a callback. That was very frustrating. Then, at some point, there was a gentleman who called me and said that I could call him if I had any questions. I would reach out to him and he was like “Oh I’m sorry I didn’t answer you, let me do it for you now.”

He was very helpful and he was the one that I would call back and he would actually answer me. But I didn't think he could answer all my questions and I had to speak with other people. Vanderbilt should just keep one person in charge and that’s the one you talk to. Then, when I got approved, I thought that there would be a lot more information given to me and that I would get a phone call and be told how it was gonna work. But I didn't feel like there was enough information relayed to me. There was a lot of questions that I've been asking that they should have told me before I had to be asking too much.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

The lending process of Vanderbilt Mortgage took a week. Throughout that process, they worked with me well to close my loan. The rep who worked with me was pretty good. She was nice and helped me with everything I needed to have. It was easy to communication with them. Conducting business with Vanderbilt was really good.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Vanderbilt Mortgage thoroughly went over everything with me and it was really easy to communicate with them. They took one week to process my loan application. I would recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Vanderbilt Mortgage helped all they can. They kept me informed step by step and at the closing, they had a lawyer who did that. I would get a call if there are any changes. Also, the application and underwriting process was good and fast. It took about a month. Vanderbilt kept me informed step by step and at the closing, they had a lawyer who did that. Everything was done right on time.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I interacted with the loan officer from Vanderbilt for two hours, the process took three months and we did the closing on July first. I'm satisfied with my experience overall.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Vanderbilt did an excellent job on my loan and I was impressed. I had to do the process for my credit that was locked so we had to do the application and underwriting twice, but the lending process went extremely well. They were transparent on everything and were easy to do business with. We spoke with their rep Diego who was polite, spot on and willing to help. I will recommend them to anybody who’s looking for a loan or just to buy a house.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Vanderbilt is a very big company yet they are very good to work with and brilliant. I worked with Tara and she got the job done without any hesitation. Communicating with her was very easy. I was kept in contact with what was going on in the process as we go along. The process took about a month and everything was pretty much straightway.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Vanderbilt took care of everything for me. I just supplied them with the needed information, and they took care of the rest. The application and underwriting process took about a month. We talked with several different people that were very courteous and helpful, and it moved the process a lot quicker. All of them were so ensuring that everything was fine and moving along, and we didn’t have to worry about anything.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Applying to Vanderbilt was a smooth process and I had an answer the next day. Their rep was really detailed. I called him almost every day because I would have a different question that would pop up and he was able to answer it each time. As a first time home buyer, they tried to give me the best loan that I could possibly get approved for. They also had a closing cost which they paid and I thought that was pretty neat. Working with Vanderbilt is really easy to do and they help clients through everything. I recommend this company.

Original review: July 30, 2018

My credit was fairly good, but my credit scores were a little low and Vanderbilt helped us with all that. Communication didn't seem to be that difficult and everything seemed to have went okay.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Vanderbilt worked with me to close my loan in every way possible. They helped me out pretty well. The application and underwriting process took maybe a month and it was relatively quick. They were very friendly and knowledgeable. If I called and the rep was busy, she would usually get back with me as soon as she could. Also, they were very open and straight up with me. They did a great job and I was pleased with the service.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Borrow from Vanderbilt. Doing business with them is easy and communicating with their staff was very simple. Their guys treated me fine and they always filled all the blanks in. All the signings took about an hour and it was approved in about a week. I’m glad that when I go online to check out, they can give me a payoff balance when I need it.

Original review: July 29, 2018

Vanderbilt was patient with us in getting all the information together. It was difficult for us to get some of our paperwork and they helped us work towards that. Their specialist was really good and she helped us with anything. She answered all of our questions and was always there. And if she missed my call or if I left her a message, she was able to get back to us.

Vanderbilt Mortgage Company Information

PO Box 9800
Maryville
TN
(866)701-0467
www.vmfhomeloan.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business