2. Mortgages
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.58/5

Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc. is a national housing lender that has been in business for more than 40 years, specializing in new and used manufactured and modular homes.

Vanderbilt Mortgage offers a variety of financing programs for customers with great credit, less than perfect credit, and for first time homebuyers. We help families just like yours find the right financing program to obtain the home of their dreams.

Contact our team of experts today, and let us help you start the process of becoming a homeowner.

View More View More
Vanderbilt Mortgage(866) 701-0467

Vanderbilt Mortgage Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I really like Vanderbilt Mortgage. My mother and I were getting a mobile home and were told that we were going through Vanderbilt Mortgage. The first call from them was great. They stayed in touch with us while in the loan process. They were polite and answered all our questions. And when we called them, they made sure that we got our answer. They might’ve put us on hold to talk to someone, but they helped us. At first, we had one rep but she couldn’t be with us anymore. Then we had another one. I also talked to some guy. All of them were professional. There was a lot I didn’t understand, but they helped me. If I didn’t understand something, they broke it down for me to understand.

When we first started, they went by my mother’s and my income. They gave us the numbers and how much to come down with. We were gonna use repo mobile home for the down payment and then $4,000 to go with the repo. They said yes at first, but a couple of weeks later, the numbers changed. About every two weeks, somebody called me and said that the numbers changed. Then it went up more money, then they called me back. It changed five times.

I thought that we would never get the mobile home because we didn't have $11,000. Also, our first payment is in the first week of March. I had talked to someone about a month ago and the lady said they were gonna mail us something about where to go and what to put on the money order, but I have not received anything. I was satisfied with everything else though.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

My experience with Vanderbilt Mortgage has been really good although I’m still new with them. The application process was really fast and it was not a long and drawn-out. I received a partial approval and did the steps. It all happened quickly and I was not sitting here wondering if I was getting it or not. So, it was good. I had to go and re-sign everything again with the company that I went through on Vanderbilt’s behalf because there was a change to my loan. It was not bad nor an inconvenience and it was because the delivery date on my home got postponed, so they had to change some stuff.

I liked how Natasha from Vanderbilt called me. I'm a first-time home buyer, never bought anything big like this so I'm not familiar with terms and the process. She went over what the steps were and some of the things that were covered. Then, she emailed me immediately my documents for me to sign. I received it and she was great. On a loan, for something that big, I wanna be able to talk to one specific person about it. So, it was nice and it made it a lot easier.

Everything was clear during the lending process and Vanderbilt told me everything that I needed. I didn't know that I was responsible for installing power, but it was fine. The message was clear and I got it installed with the power company. I walked in off the street and I wasn't sure if I would qualify for anything. I've been through a lot of really tough stuff in my life and I'm just me by myself and I never thought I would be able to own my own home or property, and Vanderbilt made that possible. So, I really like the company. It’s a company I would definitely use.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Except for the communication, it's been an okay process with Vanderbilt. It took a little bit over a month to complete which I was satisfied with. But the reps could improve on answering phone calls and voicemails. We had talked to Elizabeth and Jessie. We tried calling and calling and calling and we could never get in touch with them. We leave voicemails and nobody ever called us back. When we have filed for homestead exemption and since the beginning of last week, I've been trying to send the paperwork and I cannot get in touch with nobody. I've emailed and I've called them. I've sent the paperwork to the email that Jessie had given me a while back and I haven't gotten any answer back from that.

A couple of days later, someone from customer service called and told me that I needed to send it to the tax email that she had given me. I emailed it and it gave me two responses saying that it couldn't be delivered. So I called the customer service number back and they gave me a fax number. I tried faxing it twice but there was no answer. I called them back and they told me to retry the process again. I've tried the process and got the same exact answer. So I just went the other route and mailed a hard copy to Vanderbilt tax department but I haven't heard anything from them. I'm just wondering if the homestead exemption is actually gonna be taking place. I've asked for a number to call the tax department but they can't give me a number.

Our first payment is due July 3rd but that's why I'm kinda scared that I'm gonna be pushed further back for the homestead exemption. Someone had called saying how much the payment is, when's it due, etc. but we haven't gotten a statement in the mail. I'm not sure when they'll send one, but I wanna make the payment. When I logged in online, it says that our payment's not due.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Our house got destroyed in the hurricane and it happened six weeks after we closed with Vanderbilt. We waited so long for debris removal and Vanderbilt was the least of our worries. They did such a wonderful job and they were on top of everything. They always kept in communication. They were done with us within a month and it was really fast.

Initially, we were looking at how much we could put down because right after the storm, we drained our bank account. Later, when I got some more money from the insurance company, they were happy to take the contingency off because we initially had a contingency to sell our home in Texas first and that would’ve taken forever. I called back and I said, “Hey, can you do the calculation? How much can I put down in order to get the loan approved in addition to...” Those were two mortgages for two different homes and they did the calculation within half an hour. They came right back and said, “Hey, if you can put this much down, we’ll be able to approve a loan for you so that you don’t have to wait for the contingency. You don’t have to wait to sell your house.” They explained the calculation and they did such a wonderful job.

I was most impressed by the communication. They were on it and if I couldn’t get through or I had a question and it happened to be off hours, I could leave a message and they would call me back as soon as business opened. It was nice to not have to wait for somebody to call me back when I had a question. The responsiveness was excellent. I'm happy to have the experience with Vanderbilt.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Vanderbilt Mortgage filed at a bunch of different places trying to get a good interest rate and took about a good month process from the time they’ve done that and they called me back in to get a response and the time that it all took to get completed. Some of the questions they asked during the lending process didn’t make much sense, especially getting the insurance part. It was probably a formality they got to go through, but I didn’t understand why the mortgage company needed six months' worth of bank statements. Maybe they were trying to get a history or trying to get a payment history when my checks hit, but I liked the part that they set everything up to be bank drafted. I didn’t have to go through my bank and say, “Hey, look. I need this set up for this day, and this day, and then next month, and this day, and this day.” Vanderbilt set all that up. I got a bi-monthly payment and I like it.

The people that I worked with were cordial about everything they’ve done. If I had any questions, I could call them up. Most of the time, I just call them up and put in the girl’s extension number, and it took me right up and we would talk a little. Another guy called me one time before talking about the flood zone and he was nice, too. All in all, it wasn’t a bad experience. I was glad they set all the payment stuff up. It comes out of my check. I know when my check hits or the payment comes out. I ain’t gotta wait two or three weeks or another week because some of my payments are set up every 19th of the month.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vanderbilt Mortgage?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Vanderbilt Mortgage's loan process took about a month and I was happy with the people I had any dealings with.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Vanderbilt has been perfect. Their lending process was easy, and it didn't take long at all. Their people communicated when they needed me to or they went ahead and just talk to me. And I'm pretty satisfied with my rep. I love the home I got. I like the double-pane windows instead of just lifting them up and going outside to wash the windows, I could just open them up and wipe from the inside.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

Vanderbilt Mortgage's application and underwriting process was a bit long. We were told 30 days, but it went longer than that. Also, when you call, you talk to one person, but when you call again, they send you to another person. That was kinda irritating. I should at least have had a separate phone line to someone who could go over my questions and find out what was going on. Other than that, I'm fairly satisfied with the experience.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

It was easy to communicate with Vanderbilt during the loan process. I was talking to several reps, but they were concerned. They’d say, “Do you have any questions? I forgot to let you know about this.” That was to keep me informed. I enjoyed dealing with them. I was glad to be a part of their thing.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

Our loan specialist was Ben and communicating with Vanderbilt was easy. The application and underwriting process took about a month. Their interest rates are a little higher for me, but that is what I got to do for now. Putting in some protection, like a time limit on how long it is going to take before something set up, for the buyer when purchasing a home through whoever they give the approvals through would be helpful to the buyer. In our case, it took the subcontractors four months to set everything up -- we are moving in today.

Vanderbilt Mortgage Company Information