toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My husband doesn’t have great credit, so we didn’t qualify to a lot of the mortgage companies and the rates were high. Vanderbilt was the first one to give us a chance and I'm so glad they did. The reps were all very informative and explained all the processes. Even with the stuff we might not like, they were still very open and upfront about it. They always return my calls. I hate the fact that they won’t refinance us after a while, but other than that, I can’t say anything negative about Vanderbilt or any other processes we went through.

The first time that we had Vanderbilt was when we bought our home back in the early 2000’s. We went with another bank for the refinance then they sold our mortgage to another bank. And that never happened with Vanderbilt that’s why we always wanted to go back to them and we currently have two mortgages with them. We bought my wife's trailer first and that's under her name. Normally, people don’t like mortgage companies. But, we liked Vanderbilt so well that we just stuck with them on the second mortgage which is under my name. We were given two choices of creditors but we picked Vanderbilt so when the other people called, we turned them down because we’d rather wait for Vanderbilt. Everybody’s treated us well at Vanderbilt and we’ve had no problems with any of the reps. Anything that I had asked or had any questions about, they answered quite well. I would highly recommend Vanderbilt for anybody if they want to do a mortgage.

We got a mobile home financed through Vanderbilt. They did real good and I was satisfied with the way things went and with payments.

It was my first time buying a home. I ended up in the hospital during the process, but Nick from Vanderbilt stuck with me and called to let me know what’s going on and asked how I was doing. He always answered and called me back or left voicemails. He was really fantastic. My most recent conversation with Vanderbilt was when my house got broken into a couple of days ago. They were quick to help me with that and they're fixing it now. They are very friendly to work with. I love Vanderbilt all the way around.

The home loan process with Vanderbilt was great. They helped me get my first house and when I used them again to get my second house, their process was a lot easier. The reps were all helpful and answered all my questions.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vanderbilt Mortgage?

The application process at Vanderbilt was all pretty easy. My application went smoothly and the representatives were good, easy to contact and to talk to. I would recommend Vanderbilt.

Vanderbilt Mortgage has been really good to us. Everything went well when we applied for the loan. Everybody who we spoke with was good, too. I was never dissatisfied and we try to pay our payments before the due date. I would recommend them.

Vanderbilt’s very nice. I like them. I’m an ex-banker and loan officer so to me, it was just like anything that I would’ve done. The process was very streamlined and I didn’t see any bumps in the road. They didn’t have any mistakes, did everything the way they’re supposed to and didn’t take a lot of time. One of the ladies even called me before we had our closing, and then one of the guys came and did the closing. So, I’ve already been pre-warned how everything was going to be before he even got there. And they were both very nice, pleasant and knew what they were doing.

I had broken up with the father of my child so I had to get a place of my own. I found a trailer and told Vanderbilt that I would get it if I could get it before winter. When I put my paperwork in, it took about a week to get approved. Then after that, the process went fast and I got in before winter. The girl I worked with and the one I bought the trailer with was real helpful and nice. One of the doors was not put right so there’s just a few things that they still have to go touch up, but overall it was a good experience.

Vanderbilt Mortgage is super. They were very helpful with everything, and everybody there was great and really good to me. They called me back when they were out to lunch or elsewhere, and I had to leave a message, and they called me right back. They're all doing super jobs and should keep the good work up. The representatives were wonderful and answered my questions all the time. I would recommend Vanderbilt to anybody.

The lady at the home center set us up with Vanderbilt. And I really enjoyed dealing with them because every step of the way they let me know what was going on either by mail or phone. And I would receive it in writing as well. For me, it's a big deal when you can back your words up with paper. If I had a question, they would explain it to me to where I could understand it. That was awesome. Everybody was really nice at Vanderbilt. This is the second home I've purchased in my life and Vanderbilt has been the best mortgage company that I've dealt with so far. I definitely recommend them.

When we first applied for a loan, it was for a Mead mobile home and they wanted a big down payment but we didn’t have it. There were some issues and it was just one thing after another, but we were working with Taylor Sales and Mortgage company. So when they came up for that they had a repo brought in, we went down and looked at that and then I called and told Vanderbilt that we were interested in it and everything went straight through. And it was perfect.

Each one that I worked with at Vanderbilt answered our questions. They explained everything to us and they were right on top of everything. If there was something they needed they didn’t wait three days, they called us right then and there. And so by working together, trying to get everything sent to them and something that they had to have, they were very nice about the whole situation and they understood if I couldn’t get it to them. They weren't pushy and were very polite. They were also very easy to contact. They even sent letters thanking us for choosing them and also if there's anything we needed, just don’t hesitate to call. And the mortgage term and rates were also wonderful. We explained to them we couldn’t afford $800 for payment so they worked at where we could be able to stay within our budget limit. If I had to do it again I would go right back to Vanderbilt.

Vanderbilt was the first company we went to and they were the most helpful. We got all the paperwork turned in and within a couple of days, we heard back, and everything moved quickly after that. We got approved within a week. The rate and terms seemed pretty reasonable to us considering what everything else was. It was all a very positive experience. The representative had answered every question we had and was extremely helpful with anything we needed or wanted to know about. We really appreciate that. We have recommended them to a couple of people.

I heard about Vanderbilt Mortgage from my daughter and they seemed like they would work with me better than the others. And they worked great with me. I signed the papers on August 26th and they pushed my payment back because I didn't have my trailer until the end of November. Their reps were always helpful. When I couldn't find out anything from the place where I bought the mobile home, they would get in contact with them and find out for me. I'm also satisfied with my mortgage rate and terms. I thought my payments would have been higher than what they are and I'm really satisfied that they got them under what I would have liked.

One of my friends recommended Vanderbilt Mortgage and it was also one of the options where we could finance the home that we bought. Everything went real smooth and the reps were very good. It was easy to get in contact with them and they're very easy to deal with. The process took about three weeks, and I'm very happy with everything.

I heard about Vanderbilt from Clayton Homes when I purchased the house. They offered a deal so I financed with them. They were mostly waiting on me to get affirmation when they give out the price I wanted and be comfortable with. They worked with me and it was great. When I talked to the reps, they answered my questions and they told me what I wanted to know immediately. Everybody was polite and straightforward. I wish the rates could be lower but I have no room to complain so I feel great about it. Everything ended up being fine.

My mother went through with Vanderbilt. And they were the only one that would help us. The rate and terms we were given were fair and I'm paying less than what I was paying then.

The gentleman whom we got the trailer from told us about Vanderbilt. My son took care of everything for me as I was out of town. I had to come back in for a few days to sign some papers. Every now and then, they'd call and I'd talk to them, but not very often. We'll be making our first payment next month. The rate must be pretty good because my son liked it. I would recommend them.

We bought our first home from someone and they already had their financing through Vanderbilt so we refinanced it through them. The reps we worked with were great. We like them and we kept using them. I am very pleased with Vanderbilt.

My dad had a loan through Vanderbilt and they had lower and better rates than other finance companies. The process was quick and fast and their reps were very nice. The experience was awesome and I'd recommend them.

My loan process with them was very pleasant and done quite quickly. They're very professional, patient and very helpful. They answered all the questions we had. Vanderbilt was very good dealing with. We had no problem at all with it and it was a pleasant experience.

I lost a house in '99 from the flood and the mortgage went to 21st Mortgage. After I got my house paid for, I asked if they would finance another home for me and they wouldn't. I've heard good stuff about Vanderbilt and they didn't give me any hassle so that's why I chose them to finance my house. They're good with financing and I like the interest rate. They took my old house for trade-in and they allowed me $8,000 for that. I had to turn around and pay $2,000 some more down on this house and they financed the rest. I'm on a fixed income and I wanted to work where I could've lowered the payments a little bit but the rep told me that's what I had to pay.

I like Vanderbilt Mortgage but I've had a lot of problem with their contractor, Oakwood House. I told a rep that I would not buy another house from their company because they act like they don't care whether or not they fix my house or not. I told him it's a $60,000 house and they should not play around with me when it comes to my money. The house sat here four months before they ever did anything to it and when I asked about stuff, they wouldn't tell me anything.

The front and back door have got to be replaced. Water was coming in the back door. I called them and the lady from the factory told me they'd do it until the path dries out. But, they tore the path up terribly when they put the house in here 'cause the weather was bad. When the man pulled in in a trailer, he went down in the ditch with it. I was upset. I told them they were supposed to put gutters on the side of the house and the lady said they don't do all the houses like that. Then they sent a man here that was doing the air conditioning and he came through the front door and had mud all over his feet. A tech also came to fix the ceiling but I’m not satisfied with it because I can still see the cracks.

Also, the molding in the carpet that they put in the living room wasn't fixed on the wall like it was supposed to. They also cut the carpet so short and I can see where they cut it. The carpet needs to be replaced but they would not do that. The lady from the factory told me if I ordered one, they could've changed it. I'm upset with Oakwood. I wish they had a home I wanted in Roanoke Rapids which is Clayton Homes and I'd go on with it because that house was in no way like this. Other than that, the people in Vanderbilt are nice and that matters a whole lot.

I had a nice experience with Vanderbilt Mortgage. The representatives were accommodating, organized, and explained everything well. The process was also easy to follow and get set up. It didn't take that long either. Everything was pretty good.

Our home loan process with Vanderbilt Mortgage was easy. They were knowledgeable and answered all our questions and the entire process only took three weeks. I make my payments on the website. I wish it had an app though. I'd definitely recommend them.

One of the things that Vanderbilt offered was a land in lieu of a down payment and we had the land. We did the mortgage with them and they were very good and very fast. They were a little hard to get a hold of sometimes, but they answered my questions well whenever I did reach them. I would recommend Vanderbilt.

Vanderbilt was very prompt in responding to my application and getting the information. They got back to me and let me know where everything was in the process. They did an excellent job. Their rep was very responsive and answered all my questions. He knew exactly what he needed. The process was a little bit complicated for me because I was going through a divorce and had to get my name off of my other mortgage so I had to send additional information, but it was known upfront that that was needed. Moreover, I would have loved for the interest rate to be even lower than what he got for me. But I understood because it's a mobile home and I didn’t want to put the property up since it would take longer. Overall, it went very well and I was very pleased.

The finance rep from Vanderbilt was excellent and he went out and beyond. I went to another location and he closed the deal for the sale. He knew his job and he explained as far as previews and everything down to the wire. I will be happier if I can have a lower interest rate, but I'm okay with it. I had a good experience overall and I will recommend people to them.

The loan process with Vanderbilt Mortgage was quick and simple. It was easy from start to finish. If I had any questions, their rep was there and he would answer them with no problems. It was really pleasant. I was told what to expect upfront and the process that it was going to happen. They’ve been great and I'm very happy. I’ve recommended Vanderbilt Mortgage to other people.

I have been working with Clayton Homes for almost a year, waiting on the property, but the actual loan process with Vanderbilt went very quickly. Vanderbilt automatically withdraw from my checking account and it's really great because I don't have to worry about being late. They also take care of the escrow account, insurance, and land taxes. I've no problems whatsoever and I couldn't ask for anything better.

The loan process seemed like I had to jump through a lot of hoops but it was all right. Also, the reps always tried to figure out answers to any questions I had every time I called them. We had good contact and they responded if I left a message.

Vanderbilt Mortgage Company Profile