Call toll free
4.80/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc. is a national housing lender that has been in business for more than 40 years, specializing in new and used manufactured and modular homes.

Vanderbilt Mortgage offers a variety of financing programs for customers with great credit, less than perfect credit, and for first time homebuyers. We help families just like yours find the right financing program to obtain the home of their dreams.

Contact our team of experts today, and let us help you start the process of becoming a homeowner.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1505 Vanderbilt Mortgage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

The Vanderbilt Mortgage rep that I worked with was nice and he told me what I needed to do. Their process was pretty good. They called and let me know what was going on. Everything was cool.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Vanderbilt's application and underwriting took about four months, which was a little excessive. A lot of it was in the process because we are on a community well. It really wasn't Vanderbilt's fault, but it took a little time. They worked with me in doing all the legwork to close the loan as fast as possible. Sarah was the best. She was excellent in everything that she did and her punctuality impressed me. If she knew something, she was on the phone with me. Vanderbilt needs to give her a raise. I’ve recommended Vanderbilt to others.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

The transparency of Vanderbilt’s lending process was pretty clear. I was impressed with the communication I had with my loan specialist. The application and underwriting process took a little longer than normal because I'm self-employed with a 1099. But Vanderbilt kept me updated on what paperwork they needed so they were able to close my loan quickly. I'd recommend Vanderbilt Mortgage.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Everything was very smooth and very easy with Vanderbilt. The application and underwriting process took two months to complete and they handled everything. I filled out the application and they went with it. They called and emailed me continuously to give me any updates or ask me if I had any questions. But I never did. We got it all taken care of now and there weren't any hang-ups. It was a great experience.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

The application and underwriting process with Vanderbilt Mortgage didn't take very long and it was about two weeks. They kept me well informed and on track of everything through the whole process. When they first called me to start asking questions, they were really nice and they kept me through the whole process. It was really quick and real good. I would recommend Vanderbilt to all of my friends.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vanderbilt Mortgage?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I would recommend Vanderbilt Mortgage to anybody and I don’t say that lightly. They’re very good people and everything went perfect on the loan process. The application and underwriting didn't take much over a week and that’s excellent. They just told us that we had excellent credit and we didn’t have any problem with it. They would call us sometimes and we would call them just to see how things were coming along. Everybody I talked to was really nice to me and I really appreciate it since one doesn’t run into that every day.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Vanderbilt was very good to work with and everything was easy. We signed the paperwork and didn’t have to do anything after that. They handled everything and before we had questions, they were asking us . Communicating with them couldn’t have been any easier. Everything was awesome.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Everything was good with Vanderbilt. It was not for six and a half months start to finish, before I was finally able to move in. I talked to Steve a couple of times and he was real helpful. I am able to have a normal conversation with him. Any time I had a problem and not understanding something, probably because this is my first home, he would tell me stuff and explained stuff to me, pretty much put it in dummy terms I would understand. Everybody was just awesome as far as Vanderbilt. Vanderbilt is worth doing. When you don’t think you got enough credit to get something, they will work with you to get you something.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Vanderbilt was really excellent with their communication throughout the process of me getting a loan. They talked to me every step of the way and made sure that I knew everything that was going on and everything I needed to complete the process. They were timely, too. They called every time they needed to explain something or needed some information. They didn't wait for me to reach out to them. They always made sure that they were communicating with me. The lending process was smooth and fairly quick. The transparency of the process was good. They sent me email copies and paper copies, and they explain everything over the phone. I highly recommend Vanderbilt. It's a great company to work with.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Vanderbilt Mortgage has done well in my experience. The application and underwriting took no time for me since the home manufacturer did most of it. The process took about 2 weeks, which was quick. I talked to one guy named Todd and I also talked to other decent ones and they were always nice. Everything went smooth with them and I had no problems whatsoever particularly in their communication. They let me know stuff, called me, and asked me questions about this and that. They were good all the way through with everything. They treated me really nice and they pretty well got me where I needed to be.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Christy was the sales rep who told me what Vanderbilt needed from me and she was nice. She told me everything upfront and then she kept me up to date on everything. And everything she asked me to do, I did it. I had to get work done on my septic tank and I did it the same day she asked me to do it. If they needed something else, she would tell me and then I would call Vanderbilt, get the message from them and then fax them the paperwork.

But the process with Vanderbilt was tedious. I had a couple credit cards and they wanted me to pay off my loans. I understand that but there were minor $9 and $17 here and there that I paid off and they still needed proof that those were paid. I got this confirmation number and I had to get Christy and a person from the credit company in a three-way call to verify that. I also faxed them everything that they needed faxed but they still needed to talk to another person from the credit card company. So I said if that was what they needed, I was gonna do what I had to do. I just bit my tongue and did it.

I had to do it to get a house because I had nowhere to stay. I have Netflix on one credit card for $9 and my other bill is no more than $17, and those are on my card every month though. I told Vanderbilt that I would show them proof but next month, Netflix was gonna be back on my credit card. With Christy though, the experience was smooth at least.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Every time I called and asked to talk to someone else, Wesley was the person I had to talk to and I tried to get him, but he never returned my countless phone calls. He could have answered my questions better too. On the other hand, all the other people I talked to went over every little thing with me. They told me what I had to do or what something was about.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I've had a great experience with Vanderbilt so far. The application and underwriting process were completed in just a few weeks, which was quick. Their lending process was as transparent as I needed it to be at the time. We had a one-on-one communication, and it was extremely easy to communicate with them throughout the process. Also, my loan officer was quick, responsive, friendly, and knew his job.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

The application and underwriting process at Vanderbilt Mortgage was handled in a timely fashion. I wasn’t sure what they wanted, so the lady who was helping me with buying a mobile home took care of everything and helped me fill out the application. It took about a week before I was told that I was approved. Then when I first started calling them and wanted some information, I kept trying to get the person that was taking care of the loan, but there was a receptionist that came on the line and kept telling me that it was their busiest and she was sorry that no one would give me a call back. I called four times and I couldn’t get anybody to call me back.

I’m still not in my house because of the rain and stuff, and I sent in a payment for October and November. However, I’m still not getting an amortization from Vanderbilt. I called customer service to get some information, and this lady was an absolute gem. She was apologizing all over the place, and there wasn’t a thing that she needed to apologize for because I wasn’t on the computer at the time because the house had not been delivered to my property due to the weather.

Several weeks later, an auditor called me and said that my payment date had been moved back. I told her that I already sent in two payments, but she could not see my account on the computer. I also told her that I wanted an amortization that was run by Vanderbilt showing that I would be paying 77,000 in interest because when I pulled it up on the computer, it was coming up with below 60s. She then called me back again and said that I could get it from customer service.

I got a welcome call several weeks ago and the Vanderbilt rep told me that my first payment was not due until March. I then asked what happened to my other two payments, which he said were applied to January and February. I’m fine with that. I also asked him about an amortization and he told me about this website where an amortization statement would be and I would be able to see my payments and what was applied.

I was disgruntled with Vanderbilt, at first, because I thought they were just really going super-slow, but that was because of the weather and they could not initiate anything until after my house was on the property. So, once I've understood that, I don’t have a problem with them at all. I’m still waiting for an amortization that shows me that I’m gonna pay them $77,000 in interest. But eventually, I’m sure somebody is gonna wake up and send me one.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Vanderbilt kept me informed of everything. It was hard to get a hold of them sometimes, but they always called me right back. I was also impressed with how my loan officer, Trip, gave me the lowest interest rate.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I had a great experience with Vanderbilt Mortgage. Their reps were really nice and sweet. They application and underwriting process took two days and they called to tell me the loan was ready. They helped me out, and everything was good to me.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I had a good experience with Vanderbilt Mortgage. Their whole home loan process took three months which was not long, and it was easy and simple. I just filled the application out and they did everything. The got everything approved and let me know. I was also impressed with how fast and efficient everything was. Their reps were really helpful, too. They gave weekly updates over the loan and whenever I had questions, I called them any time and they answered them.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Vanderbilt’s application and underwriting process took a couple of weeks. It was easy to communicate with them. They talked over any issues that I had.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I got a nice home out of the deal with Vanderbilt. The guy that I bought the house from had them contact me, and then I signed and got the paperwork straightened out. And the Vanderbilt loan officer knows what she was doing. The application and underwriting took almost two weeks and it was easy to communicate with them by phone and email during the process. They told me what I needed to do and once I got it done, it worked out really well. It’s the easiest loan process that I’ve ever dealt with.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Getting set up with Vanderbilt wasn’t hard at all because the credit was good, but when we had to sign all the papers after the underwriters and everything, the notary public we dealt with was rude. She was supposed to go over everything, but she gave us about 10 minutes of explanation and then I would be in the middle of asking a question and she would cut me right off. She did not even say goodbye nor shook our hands. But as far as dealing with Vanderbilt Mortgage, they had been great.

There was a lady from Vanderbilt who called me two different times and she was great. She's the one who ends up explaining things to me. Every question that I had, she answered and she told me certain things like what not to let the mobile home park do to us. She was very personable, down to earth and wonderful. Vanderbilt works with you and answers your question simply enough that you can understand. I would go through Vanderbilt again and I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

The Vanderbilt Mortgage application and underwriting process took about four weeks but I wasn’t able to get all my paperwork together and get it to them properly. I didn’t fill out some of my paperwork correctly. Vanderbilt helped quite a bit though. They were very nice and they talked us through the paperwork very thoroughly. They called me multiple times to ask me if this is okay or if that’s okay, or if there’s any way they could make the process go faster. We talked for about 40 minutes about the forms we needed to fill out. There were a couple of W-2’s that I sent in but they needed a couple of more and it took me a while to get a hold of my W-2s. They ended up getting around and helping in pushing the process to make it go a little faster so I can get my W-2s.

I like the rep's enthusiasm to help us with this process and get us approved. It was really easy to communicate with him. He told me I that could call him at any point and time of the day. He said they closed at 5:00 but if need be, he can work with us after hours and take down some information for us. There were a couple of times that I called in and asked a couple of things and Vanderbilt was more than happy to help. Also, they were extremely transparent with us and everything that the paperwork involved. They didn’t take shortcuts with the paperwork. They walked us through step-by-step of everything that goes with the mortgage. With Vanderbilt, we were able to get our house and get in it in a quick manner.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Vanderbilt's application process took 11 weeks and everything was great. They worked with us through phone calls and emails. The rep's customer service impressed me. They explained everything well, worked with me and had patience with some stuff that I didn't know. Plus, communicating with them was very easy.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

The company where we got our home told us to work with Vanderbilt. They submitted all the paperwork with them and next thing I know, I got a call from Vanderbilt saying I could get a total. It was easy to communicate with Vanderbilt but the whole process was long. It took about three and a half months, but it worked out. They kept me informed about what I needed to do to move everything along, how much was gonna be the closing cost and my down payment. We kept in contact the whole time. I could call them when I needed to and they could call me. Plus, my rep kept me up to date on everything. I’d recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I signed up with Vanderbilt Mortgage and the application process was simple. We closed in 30 days. However, my realtor would follow up and the rep from Vanderbilt would say they're still waiting on it. Even so, when you contact them, they're readily available. Initially, they sent out the introduction as far as a “Meet your team” email and gave me all the contact information I needed for each person from the specialist to the underwriters to credit department to the processor. All of it was fantastic. Robin, the loan officer was very nice as well. It was easy communicating with her. Vanderbilt Mortgage is a great company. Working with them has a positive impact in my life and I’m gonna hire them again.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I looked at a higher-priced trailer that I knew I could get but we just wanted to get an idea of what the payments would be with Vanderbilt. The application and underwriting process was done in three weeks. I’m pretty impatient when that goes by. But I was happy with it so it all went well. I initially started with one of their specialists and she was very friendly. Then when it got finalized, there was a guy that I worked with a couple of times on the phone and he was extremely good. The level of communication was fantastic. They could have given me a lower interest rate but other than that, everything about it was positive. I'd recommend and suggest them to my friends.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Vanderbilt approved my application quickly. They helped me step-by-step to see what I needed to do to most likely get an approval and told me how to fill out my application. The whole process took about three weeks from when we first got a notice that I was approved. The lending process was nice and I felt very comfortable working with them. The loan specialist went through the application in a way that I could understand her and she was very specific. I had a question about when my monthly payment would be and there was an answer the first time that I called her. Vanderbilt is a very good mortgage company to get for a first-time home.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I was told by a co-worker of mine to deal with Vanderbilt Mortgage. I did and it was awesome the way they did everything. It was easy to get started with them and the underwriting process took about two months and was really simple. Everything’s 100% satisfaction for me because they did a tremendous job on getting the process going across smoothly.

Every time I called Vanderbilt Mortgage, they transferred me over to the specialist that was working on my application and any questions I had were answered. I’ve tried different mortgage companies in the past and they didn't answer my calls, didn't call me back, and gave me the runaround. As the process went through, I had five different officers who were dealing with my loan application. Then in the final process, I worked with a lady and she did an outstanding job on getting everything set up, filled out, and sent in so I can do my closing. Overall, they did an outstanding job. I would surely recommend Vanderbilt.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Vanderbilt did everything excellently. They kept in contact and let me know what's going on and what was needed to finish everything. My employer took so long to get my employment verification back to them, but they called my employer to get verification and tried to get things moving along as quickly as they could.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Everything went real smoothly with Vanderbilt. We didn't have any issue and I liked the experience quite a bit. We took the application home, filled it out and submitted it. When everything was approved, we verified and signed everything. It took about 30 minutes. It was also very easy to communicate with them. The loan specialist I had was Raul and he was a good talker. When I called him and expressed my concerns, they got on it. We got everything finished up in three to four weeks and we got a new home.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Vanderbilt helped me out by telling me what was gonna be with the loan. And they walked me through everything and they quickly let me know any changes that got made. Their specialist, Laura, started the loan process but they switched it to another lady that signed off on the closing deal. The whole process took a week and they did everything for us. They’re all very nice people. It all went very well and I would recommend them.

Vanderbilt Mortgage Company Information