toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was looking at homes and told that mortgage to be paid in homes was alright. I used Vanderbilt Mortgage. I liked their process as there was no paperwork and everything went to computers. Their representatives were very nice and explained everything really well. I found the mobile home I liked with the price range that I would like to spend. They ran my credit, saw everything was good and we got things started. It went smoothly for me.

We've had our mortgage with Vanderbilt since October. When we started the process to try to buy our home, it took a year to get everything down. That was the Clayton manager Jamie's fault more than the mortgage company because they were trying to add $30,000 of land improvement onto our loan. We could only get a certain type of loan, and it only allowed for $15,000 worth of land improvement so it wasn’t the best deal we ever got.

All that we signed for the paperwork was stuff that wasn’t explained to us. It was just thrown in front of us and we were told, “If you don’t sign this, you don’t get your home.” That was the manager’s lack of tact, not Vanderbilt’s fault. He also offended me greatly when he told me to not to expect the perfect home that we just paid $70,000 for because Jesus didn’t work there. I'm Christian, so I found that really offensive. We still love our house and we get a way better interest rate, but Jamie was atrocious and he was the worst person of any sort I've ever dealt with.

Everything went pretty smoothly with Vanderbilt Mortgage. Their loan process wasn't hard and our salesman as well as everyone in his office were great. We can call and they help in any way they can. We had an issue last week and they were all on it.

Our home loan process with Vanderbilt was easy. We needed a VA loan before that and it was a little more complicated because there was more paperwork. With Vanderbilt, I filled out the application and that was it. We went in and signed the papers, so it was pretty simple. It took us three months to get approved but it was more of our schedule because where we bought the house from was two hours away. Vanderbilt was ready in a month which wasn’t very long. The interest rate is high in my opinion, but other than that, it’s all right.

I was buying a new home, and Vanderbilt Mortgage was one of the options that the trailer company, Clayton Homes, had. The representatives from Vanderbilt made everything smooth and easy in signing for the loan. They took care of everything, talked and walked me through the process. They were nice and professional.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vanderbilt Mortgage?

My experience with Vanderbilt was a weird situation but it wasn't their fault. Oakwood in Clayton botched a lot of steps. Despite this, my experience with Vanderbilt's representatives was good. However, it was also limited and I only talked to them once or twice because I was frustrated at the time. Their reps were asking questions because they couldn't understand why Oakwood had paid our first two payments because they were billing us and the house was still on wheels and tires. They couldn't understand why the house wasn't set. Also, I didn't have a chance to ask them questions. Moreover, they weren't able to let me know what was going on in order to explain everything. It was a mess following on the schedule of Clayton and being so far away from them, they should've transferred it to a closer dealership instead of trying to hold onto it and make it work.

I had a great experience with Vanderbilt. I got my internet set up so I did everything online. They kept me updated on everything and the rates that I got were really good. Better than what I thought they were gonna be. My approval was quick and all my payments are directly done online, too, so I don't have to call or drive anywhere. And I liked that the closing was done before I had to deal with the whole lending process and the house as well. It was a painless experience. I was very happy with the way it went.

My mother-in-law used Vanderbilt Mortgage before. We had taken over her house and are still paying the bill, and when I dealt with them on her end, we never had a problem with the company. That's why we went by them. We were buying our first home, a mobile. The little hiccups we had with income was with my husband’s company and didn't have anything to do with Vanderbilt. They got us approved very quickly after all the information was given to them. This is only our second month but everything's been good so far. The process and financing went smoothly. Their staff members were very helpful, informative and let us know everything. Vanderbilt Mortgage is a good finance company.

I was looking online and I was talking about a house with 21st Mortgage and they put me off several times. So I started talking to Vanderbilt Mortgage a little bit more and ended up going with one of the houses they had here. Some parts of the application process was a little bit difficult because of the fact that I'm in Wyoming. Everything we did was through emails, phone or fax so it's not easy to communicate. But everyone that I worked with was really good about contacting me. Whenever I call, they would always answer or if I had to leave a message, they'd call me right back. It also took a couple of months to finish but that wasn't on Vanderbilt. A lot of that was on my side of things because I was still hooking up utilities like the septic and electricity before we could close and move the house. But overall, it was pretty good. I would recommend anyone to go through them.

The company where I bought the trailer finances with Vanderbilt Mortage. I had my wife on the mortgage but they called me, kept me informed and sent me letters for the updates. Their reps were courteous. The interest rates that came along with the mortgage was fair. It came with home insurance, too, which is good, though I haven't had to use it yet.

Vanderbilt has been good and wonderful to me. Their reps are very sweet. I've lost my home and it was confusing at first but they worked with me. They're a really, really good company.

My experience with Vanderbilt has been great and I'm thankful. The sales people have been terrible, but the Vanderbilt side’s been great. Their reps were good and they always called. I had problems with the sales people when I was buying it down in Crestview but Vanderbilt came through, pulled it together and helped me out quite a bit, and I really appreciated that. I would recommend Vanderbilt.

I signed the paperwork with Vanderbilt Mortgage and everything took time. There were my issue and their issue of getting all the permits and trying to get help getting everything 'cause I've never done it before. I had a lot of questions and their rep, Tony, tried to answer them as well as he could and we had good interactions. The interest rate wasn’t bad for a new construction loan too and the mortgage was for 30 years. The whole process took over a year, though. A big part of it was the county that I live in then trying to get all the contractors lined up and there was the finished part. But both Vanderbilt and I stuck it out and it worked out really good at the end.

It would have been great if they were more organized, though. I told them that they should just get a packet that they give to people that shows everything that we need because they were having to take half a day going up the county and saying they missed the paper and we had to get it then something needs notarized. Otherwise, the end result was perfect.

Our experience with Vanderbilt for our home loan process was very good, however, we didn't get what we thought we were gonna get because we didn't turn the updated paperwork in. We also had a great experience with their representatives.

The process at Vanderbilt was easy. I just felt it took a long time, but it’s all probably the paperwork. Other than that, everything worked out smoothly.

The home loan process with Vanderbilt Mortgage went smoothly and they answered any questions I had. I'm in the process of trying to change my draft date because I'm not happy with the way it's falling. They draft on the 12th and send out their statement on the 10th so it looks like I'm owing that month and the month ahead and I don't like that. I sent them two emails and they will not write. So, I sent a letter. I wished they had explained it to me that I should have it further in the month and I would’ve went ahead and said we’ll take at the 5th. Every time I'd call them, they'd say it's fine and they already drafted it but I've already got the letter. Maybe I've got it straightened out.

My husband and I got a mobile home financed through Vanderbilt Mortgage. There were few issues with the deed and getting a title work. But when everything came in, it was approved then we had a closing. The reps were very helpful when I had questions. However, I think the interest rates were extremely high and that's because the home is not just a regular one. Also, my husband and I have always been particular about paying the bills on time and sometimes we don't get them early in the month. I hope there's a way that those be mailed in and sent on the 1st of the month so we don't have to worry about the payments. Other than that, everything worked out smoothly.

The only thing that threw me for a loop is that when you first submit all the requirements they say, “You pre-qualify.” It gets your hopes up. Then they will say, “Well, you don’t make enough.” After going through a lot of stuff I then had to obtain a co-signer. But other than that it was easy. They were real helpful, kind and nice. I would recommend.

We were looking for a mobile home to put on our land. We went to Clayton Homes and they put us up with Vanderbilt. The application process was easy. However, I had a little few problems but we worked them out. I had to pay off my land before Vanderbilt would put me a mobile home but we did that. Also, the reps were fine and easy to work with. I would like to see if I can change my due date on my loan.

I used Vanderbilt to try working stuff out. The process took eight days and everybody was very nice.

Got a home loan through Vanderbilt and process took two weeks. It was pretty quick and fairly simple, and their reps seem to be alright. But I could have had a better rate from them if I shopped around. Although it came with a home insurance for the term of the loan. The only thing that's concerned me is that they haven't sent me a white title yet, although I haven't called them back yet on that. They've told me I had to register with the tax place and without a title, it was going to be hard to do.

I haven't been with Vanderbilt long. So far, I've made three payments with them and they’ve been easy to work with. They really looked after me when I bought the place. They kept in contact with me and have done me right the whole time. I had a little money that’s been donated to me because my place burnt down. That’s the reason I even had to buy another place. I had no insurance so that killed me. I had some churches and contractors that we worked for who all took up money and got me about $5,800 which I took and paid down on my new place.

The interest rate I got was fine because I don’t think I've got real perfect credit. The home insurance and my property tax are all in with my payment so I do one payment a month. I've been calling them and giving my routing number because I misplaced my bank card, and they're supposed to be sending me a new one. I haven't moved in yet but I'm getting a roofing inspection today and then they’ll come out and do a final, and then that’s when they'll give power. I'm just doing everything out of my pocket right now which makes it a little slower. But overall, my experience has been great. They’ve been good to me.

My experience with Vanderbilt has been nothing but great. They came with the best offer compared to other companies and everything went smooth as silk. The major thing for me was that they had no surprises and everything they told us came through right down the line. They told us how this step would lead to that step. It was really an outstanding experience.

We picked out our home and then we got approved by Vanderbilt Mortgage. Their rep was great. He answered all the questions that I asked and the process all went well.

Vanderbilt Mortgage was highly recommended by Clayton Homes. They are the first home financing company we've ever used and the process was really simple and the reps were very informative, as well. They all answered any questions that I had. And if they couldn't, they would transfer me to a department that could. Also, they always returned my calls if I left messages. I was late on my first payment and they all worked with me and that was awesome. Vanderbilt is a great company to be with. However, I wish the interest rates on my mortgage were lower. But so far, the insurance coverage included with the mortgage has been good and I think it's gonna work for us. They all did a good job.

Everything went okay with Vanderbilt Mortgage. The rate was pretty good and it was pretty low. They kept me updated with everything that was going on and I'm not having any problems with paying it. The only thing is that it took a long while to get it approved and get everything taken care of. They kept asking me for documents and it was almost 10 months. It was kind of overwhelming. They also kept changing up people. It was the process that was pretty difficult but financially everything worked out really good.

I used to have a house financed by Vanderbilt that I paid off years ago. My mother also used their services and it was pretty fair. However, she is on a fixed income and they needed to get a payment now. But other than that, we like it.

Application at Vanderbilt Mortgage was good but it takes too long to get someone to call you back. When you're in the process of figuring out what you're going to do and you have questions, you could call someone at 8:00 AM, but not get a call back until 6:00 PM or the next morning. I don't doubt that they're busy but 8 to 10 hours between phone calls is not to my liking. Also, I can never get the mortgage lady on the phone without leaving a voicemail or email saying "Hey, can you call me back?". One time, I called her around 9:00 AM and she called me back around 2:00 PM.

I was also disappointed in the lady who did our closing. She said, "you have a 15-day grace period". When the third of last month came, I was planning on paying my mortgage soon when I get a phone call from a lady and I end up calling her back. When I did, they said, "she's on the phone talking to this other lady". I called this other lady and she rudely said: "you don’t have a 15-day grace period". I said, "the closing agent told me I had a 15-day grace period and I have a piece of paper from you that said 'You don't get a late payment before 15 days’". She rudely replied, "you don't get a late payment before 15 days, but your payment is due on the first".

I was really aggravated by her. I got rude too because I felt that I'm a new person and I've never been through this before. It's not like I'm a pro and I buy houses every week. If I did, I probably wouldn't go to Vanderbilt. She said, "the closing agent doesn't work for us". I said, "How was I supposed to know this". The closing agent did not come in saying "I'm an independent closing agency, I don't have an affiliation with Vanderbilt". I was very disappointed that the closing agent told me one thing yet Vanderbilt's lady was telling me another and she's getting mad at me because I took the closing agent's word and not hers. I said "Not that I'm not taking your word, I'm just telling you that we were planning our bills out because I get paid biweekly. We were planning to pay you out of this upcoming paycheck because I have a 15-day grace period”.

Despite this incident, approval was fast and closing went well. Everything else between getting them and the agent on the phone went well also. Once we got everything settled, I was the hold up after that because of getting the down payment from my 401(k) company. But my experience with Vanderbilt was still more bad than good.

We were purchasing or financing our home and we were looking around, trying out banks, shopping around and they weren't giving us the deals we are really wanting to finance. My wife and I are still a young couple and we just wanted to move out of our apartment and get some place bigger. But they just weren't contributing to us like adults. They're still treating us like we were 18 even though I'm 25 and she's 23. Then, Clayton Homes who sold us this house mentioned Vanderbilt to us. They said Vanderbilt's great and they're always the best for the customers. From there, Vanderbilt gave us a great deal and great financing and we were sold.

I remember filling out some paperwork for signing up and getting the okay really quick, which was something we were really needing because all the other places were wanting to durdle with it. They didn't require us to show everything in the world like all of our information and birth certificates. They were very professional and good to us. They got back to us within a week so they were very quick and we were able to get everything done. My wife was very close to having our baby around the time. That was October, we got the house down in November and then, the baby was born on Christmas. Also, a big thing was that they showed us respect. We're great and we couldn't be happier but some more marketing would be good for millennials looking for housing.

Vanderbilt Mortgage is a good company and it was very nice dealing with them.

Vanderbilt Mortgage Company Profile