toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I just want to thank these two employees from the bottom of my heart. They went the extra mile to help me with my finances. I had called to make arrangements on my loan payment, due to the hardship I'm going through with my daughter and her medical expenses, the stress and just trying to make things work. These two went above and beyond to help me and I truly appreciate this. Megan and Candace truly care about their customers and their families. I'm so thankful to be given this opportunity to get back on track with all my payments. Thank you!!!

We had recently come onto hard times financially. While working with Vanderbilt (Shannon) we were able to work out the issues. They helped us out considerably. We will now be able to get back on our feet again. The agent that I had the pleasure working with was Very, helpful, informative and courteous with everything. The Lord blessed us with someone who actually had a heart and understood our problems and did everything she could to help us out.

We lost our home with the hurricane and Vanderbilt Mortgage was wonderful as far as going through everything with financing. We're paying bi-weekly. Their rep Cathy was really wonderful. She was very good to us in helping us find a home that we could get and that would work for us. I don't know where we would have been without her. She was a blessing. The loan was a long process but had nothing to do with Vanderbilt or Cathy. We started working with Cathy in December, but it took us about six months to get in.

Vanderbilt was ready to go within a month's time but because of the flood insurance, we had to wait for three months before the insurance company to even get out here to close the old one out. Then I had to wait to get my check to pay the old house off and use as a down payment for this home. As far as Cathy and Vanderbilt goes, they were very patient and knew what we were going through so they were very good and I would recommend them.

Times and finances got tough and Vanderbilt looked out for me when I called and told them the situation. They are very understanding and helpful. Thanks for all you do Vanderbilt and I love my new home. I recommend them to anyone.

Vanderbilt bought this home for me. It’s good with their reps and I like the way they have everything so you won’t have worry to about when it was coming out or how long it was gonna be. They said they were gonna do it and it was done. It's fantastic overall.

I went on a Saturday and filled all the paperwork out. Then I got a call on Monday saying I’ve been approved. They gave me all the stuff that I needed to know. The representatives were a smart pile as well. They knew everything that they were talking about and explained everything well to me. This being the first home I bought, they helped me through it and answered almost every question I had. The entire process took a little bit though because I needed the permit and the plan to get done. That part actually took the longest. But everything with Vanderbilt went pretty fast.

Our experience with Vanderbilt has been good and everything was easy. We applied for the loan and we got it fast. I've only talked to one rep right before we got approved and she was asking me all the questions about our life but other than that, my interaction with her was good.

My wife wanted to stay in a mobile home. We were in the market and the people at the trailer place was very adamant about us using Vanderbilt to get us financed. The sales rep initiated the actual contact and he was a very knowledgeable individual on selling mobile homes and going through Vanderbilt. It went smooth and it was quicker than we thought it ever would.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vanderbilt Mortgage?

The experience with Vanderbilt had been really good. The process for a home loan was easy. My salesperson showed me everything that I wanted to see and she did a great job. The manager there also did a great job going over everything with us. I’ve had a few questions and they've all been able to answer right off the bat for me. They actually gave me a callback and that's good. They were all really quick to come out here and get the process rolling. The final interest rate was 6.6% and it was pretty fair. They have good customer service and my brother is actually in the market soon to get a mobile home and I’ve already referred Vanderbilt Mortgage to him.

I was referred to Vanderbilt for financing. All I had to do was fill out the paperwork and send them in. And then, they called me with a conditional approval. The interactions that I had with Vanderbilt was great. They were easy to get a hold of. It was a very good experience.

The home loan process at Vanderbilt was a long one but they were fine. I do my payments over at MoneyGram and it's easy. My experience has been okay.

The home loan process at Vanderbilt was good and it went smoothly. My husband did most of the work and the interactions with the reps were done mostly over the phone. They were always there when we needed them and they answered when we had questions. I’m very satisfied.

I'm happy with Vanderbilt's overall interest rate. Their reps were really friendly and easy to get a hold of. They did the paperwork and it didn’t take very long once they did it. It was a very good experience overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were seeking a temporary home while we build and or work on a permanent residence. After looking at rentals and built places, mobile homes, etc. we decided new was best for us for the amount others wanted for their stuff. So we went and picked one out. We filled out an application, and received a call the next day. I'm not sure if the process would have taken longer, because I'm a pushy person and needed a home ASAP. I called them and asked questions almost daily (Monday - Friday). The gal that gathered information was very patient with me and worked hard to keep things moving quickly! They were quick to get conditional approval and then full approval with emails and such. (Although we were reluctant to send things and stalled on a few items, until they guaranteed approval).

The whole process from application to closing took about 13 business days. I'm not real thrilled with the interest rate, but it's ok we are planning to refinance and then sell or rent out and pay off, for bigger home soon. Thanks to the patience of Gina with my pushiness. I would recommend them for a new starter or permanent manufactured home.

Vanderbilt Mortgage was one of the options of lending places whenever we bought our double up. The home loan process went really easy and so far, we've had a great experience with them.

My daughter handled all interactions with the Vanderbilt reps who were considerate and explained things to me. The monthly payments were convenient and there's not much to doing the paperwork. We did everything straight in about three weeks. So far, our experience has been good and I'm satisfied with them.

Vanderbilt Mortgage offered me a mortgage for my home and I went with them. It was an easy lending process and they're really easy to work with. I'm happy with the interest rate and I feel good about their representatives. They also have a great website which is easy to follow. Overall, they've been excellent and really helpful.

I was buying a trailer and Vanderbilt has the best interest. I got a good interest rate but it could have been a little better because my credit score is 847. The home builder handled the process for me and all I did was to sign the papers. The process was fast and I'm happy with the experience.

The place we bought our double-wide house from put us in contact with Vanderbilt Mortgage. They approved the loan and they told us the information they needed. We gave them that, we went to closing and signed the papers. I met some people at the place we bought our house from and we went over what we bought and met some people there. We checked it off and signed the papers.

However, owning my own business, I didn’t like the deal of sending stuff to the IRS. Three to four times, Vanderbilt sent information the IRS to get some tax stuff and we furnished them what they needed. But that didn’t seem like it was enough. It seemed like contacting IRS was over excessive. You never wanna bring your name up voluntarily to the IRS. Also, I did not like being forced to take and put money in escrow and using their insurance. The first opportunity after everything on the house is finished, I will go to my local bank and transfer the note because it should be an optional thing and not forced thing.

We went to buy a trailer and there were different mortgage companies that we could choose from on the loan application. The first place I went to wanted a credit score of 575 and mine was 573 so that wasn't high enough. We went with Vanderbilt because we were told that they are more likely to accept the loan application and they work with different credit scores.

The experience has been pleasant thus far and was very welcoming to a better start. Vanderbilt called and made sure the address and other information is correct. The representative was really friendly and very pleasant. She said the process will be completed within 3 days and it did so it wasn't long. They send out the statement when it's due and I could phone it, wire it in, or direct deposit. Some places charge or even do not allow when more is paid to the principal but Vanderbilt allows and doesn't charge. So, we can pay all faster and it's not going to take us 23 years because the more we pay, the quicker it'd be done. I will recommend Vanderbilt to a friend.

Our sales rep said that Vanderbilt Mortgage was going with us. And he asked us to call Matt, the loan guy from Vanderbilt, which we did. Matt was very professional and explained everything to the last letter. We were tickled to death that we got accepted. Our payment is a little high and we're not happy about that, but we're dealing with it because our credit wasn't really good and they were taking chances on us. Everybody from Vanderbilt that I have talked to have been aboveboard with respect for us and our feelings. They were fair with us and answered all our questions honestly. We have them take our payment out of the bank when the money is there. They've also sent us letters and have called us, and they've been wonderful. I would send a friend to Vanderbilt.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a wonderful young gentleman helping me today and his name was Garrett. He made everything so easy for our family to help our elder brother who lives in the area of VMF by himself. He has been trying to purchase a trailer home from an individual and needed help in paying the finance company and the loan was in someone else's name. We had no information except the owner who was deceased. Within a few seconds, he found the account and we were able to make the payment for our brother. Thank you VMF for hiring such a nice and competent person for customer service. Being 65 years old, I have had many contacts with customer service and never this type of experience as I did today with Garrett. Thank you, Garrett, for being there today and answering my telephone call.

I got to see Vanderbilt Mortgage on Facebook and I followed them. One day I went and checked them out. I and talked to them and everything and we got approved. I'm also satisfied with the interest rate. We shopped around and found a nice home, but I was kind of scared what the payment was so I found myself something a little cheaper. All in all, we're happy with it.

The rep, Corey, was a real good guy to work with and he helped along with everything I needed to do to get processed and done. The process took about 2-3 months from start to finish, but it's been a good process. We're still working on trying to get everything done together but I've already got it set up. I would recommend Vanderbilt.

Vanderbilt Mortgage sent a representative out to check and see how everything was going and how pleased we were. That was very outstanding that they were very concerned about our points of view about the house being set up. The paperwork and then the time frame that they gave us to send the payments in were wonderful. They have been very persistent working with us and it has been good. The first payment was money order and it was convenient for us. My fiancé was also very pleased with the interest rate. The rep that came to the house was asking questions just as she can go with. She was taking pictures on the outside on behalf of our concerns, what was not lent on the time frame that it was lent on and all that nature.

My experience with Vanderbilt Home was pretty good. Finalizing everything and getting approved didn't take very long and it was easy. The reps were all good, too, and pretty much did everything for me.

I enjoyed my experience with Vanderbilt Mortgage 100%. Everything was great and everyone I talked to was very good. Their representatives have no attitudes like some companies have. They were easy to talk to. You could ask the same question over and over or ask a question that doesn't make any sense, but the representatives who call will work with you. I got all the information I needed such as what I had to send in. I thought the interest rate would be lower than what I have, but it's not bad.

The home loan process went smoothly too. Vanderbilt's rep first called me to ask questions about myself, my job and my income. She also asked about the home and if that was what I signed for and wanted. She told me that she'd get back with me by that afternoon. I was working at that time so I couldn't answer my phone when she called me several times. When different reps called me, I tried to get back the rep that started the process with me because even though all the reps have all my information, I’d rather talk to the same person. They were all right with that, so I started and ended the process with the same person, which I enjoyed. She also kept me well informed about everything. And when Vanderbilt said they were going to contact the mobile home company, they contacted me too, asked questions and got my feedback. Every stone was turned and I would recommend them to anybody.

Everybody I've called and talked to at Vanderbilt has been really helpful and nice. The mortgage process took ten minutes. I was approved and after looking at the numbers for about a week, I got everything figured out. Also, their representatives called me every time with updates. They gave me new information and answered all questions that I had. Furthermore, I am happy with the interest rate that I ended up with. Vanderbilt made the experience easy.

I've known about Vanderbilt a long time ago and we got two trailers from them as we heard they were good. The representatives were excellent. You can deal and get along with them. The mortgage process took about a week and it went through great. I'd recommend them.

My information was sent to multiple lenders, I got responses back, and Vanderbilt had the lowest interest rate which was nice. In addition, the home that I had before, that state account was through Vanderbilt. So I was already familiar with the process there. The processor, the underwriters, the caseworkers also kept in contact with me and returned phone calls to keep me in the loop when it came to the loan itself. There were some hiccups that we ran across but there was nothing the lender or I could have done about it. It was some stuff with the property that I was purchasing. That took a lot longer than what I would have wanted it to, but for the most part, everything went through fine. Vanderbilt Mortgage did really well. I really liked the fact that if I called them with some concerns and someone needed to be notified or involved, Vanderbilt took it upon themselves to reach out to them. Everybody was on top of everything.

Vanderbilt was easy to work with and I had an excellent experience with the rep. Also, the home loan process was great. I would recommend them.

The home loan process at Vanderbilt was very easy. They didn’t give us any difficulties and it went very smoothly. We worked with the manager, mostly Ken, and then Wynona, who was our sales person and she did really well. She spoke mostly with my husband about the loan and whatnot, and he didn’t have any questions about it. For being a first home buyer, everything went well for him. They were able to handle everything very quickly. We told people to go and buy, not just the home, but the mortgage company was very good where you can find people. The experience with them was excellent.

The home loan from Vanderbilt Mortgage was good. The bank called me all the time to do what I would like and update it. The process took about 15 minutes and they didn’t really ask any questions. They got along with me right away. Vanderbilt agents were good and very nice over the phone.

The entire process at Vanderbilt Mortgage was very nice and easy. It took less that 30 days and it seemed like everything fell right in place. The reps were always polite, helpful and very understanding.

Vanderbilt Mortgage Company Profile