toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I lost a house in '99 from the flood and the mortgage went to 21st Mortgage. After I got my house paid for, I asked if they would finance another home for me and they wouldn't. I've heard good stuff about Vanderbilt and they didn't give me any hassle so that's why I chose them to finance my house. They're good with financing and I like the interest rate. They took my old house for trade-in and they allowed me $8,000 for that. I had to turn around and pay $2,000 some more down on this house and they financed the rest. I'm on a fixed income and I wanted to work where I could've lowered the payments a little bit but the rep told me that's what I had to pay.

I like Vanderbilt Mortgage but I've had a lot of problem with their contractor, Oakwood House. I told a rep that I would not buy another house from their company because they act like they don't care whether or not they fix my house or not. I told him it's a $60,000 house and they should not play around with me when it comes to my money. The house sat here four months before they ever did anything to it and when I asked about stuff, they wouldn't tell me anything.

The front and back door have got to be replaced. Water was coming in the back door. I called them and the lady from the factory told me they'd do it until the path dries out. But, they tore the path up terribly when they put the house in here 'cause the weather was bad. When the man pulled in in a trailer, he went down in the ditch with it. I was upset. I told them they were supposed to put gutters on the side of the house and the lady said they don't do all the houses like that. Then they sent a man here that was doing the air conditioning and he came through the front door and had mud all over his feet. A tech also came to fix the ceiling but I’m not satisfied with it because I can still see the cracks.

Also, the molding in the carpet that they put in the living room wasn't fixed on the wall like it was supposed to. They also cut the carpet so short and I can see where they cut it. The carpet needs to be replaced but they would not do that. The lady from the factory told me if I ordered one, they could've changed it. I'm upset with Oakwood. I wish they had a home I wanted in Roanoke Rapids which is Clayton Homes and I'd go on with it because that house was in no way like this. Other than that, the people in Vanderbilt are nice and that matters a whole lot.

I had a nice experience with Vanderbilt Mortgage. The representatives were accommodating, organized, and explained everything well. The process was also easy to follow and get set up. It didn't take that long either. Everything was pretty good.

Our home loan process with Vanderbilt Mortgage was easy. They were knowledgeable and answered all our questions and the entire process only took three weeks. I make my payments on the website. I wish it had an app though. I'd definitely recommend them.

I have been working with Clayton Homes for almost a year, waiting on the property, but the actual loan process with Vanderbilt went very quickly. Vanderbilt automatically withdraw from my checking account and it's really great because I don't have to worry about being late. They also take care of the escrow account, insurance, and land taxes. I've no problems whatsoever and I couldn't ask for anything better.

They gave me a seven percent interest rate and that is alright but I'd like it to be lower. The process was very easy. I did it on the phone and the representative was very friendly and courteous. It was all good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vanderbilt Mortgage?

I've been with Vanderbilt for two months and I'm satisfied with them. Their representatives were friendly and knowledgeable. They worked with me and helped me out if I had any questions. They were really nice. The paperwork wasn't too bad and I am most definitely happy with the interest rate.

Anna was real easy to work with. It’s easy to interact with whoever I talked to at Vanderbilt. They’ve been very friendly and even when I talked to customer service to get things set up, they walked me through the process and didn’t make me jump through a bunch of websites and things. It was really easy, quick, and painless. I'd recommend them.

We've been working with Vanderbilt Mortgage for a few months, since we got the trailer. Their customer service reps were nice. They called and I have no complaints. I'd recommend Vanderbilt if somebody wants to borrow.

Signing up with Vanderbilt Mortgage wasn't hard at all, but it took a year to get the mortgage. I had a couple of liens on my property where I got a divorce, and my husband didn't pay the bills and they've done that for me. They had ran an ad in the paper. Then, I was in and out of the hospital and everything. So, it was just a big mess. Despite that, though, they're a good company and I'd recommend them.

The loan processing with Vanderbilt was long but it worked out so I'm happy. The interest rate's fine as well. However, I got a letter from them just recently saying it was going up from $512 to $524. I wasn't sure exactly on that and have to call them to find out.

The mobile home was custom built, so we didn't get it for six weeks but the papers were signed and everything was done way before the home was even delivered. Everything was done very quickly and everybody was extremely helpful. They kept constant contact with me, letting me know what was going on. If I had any questions, they answered them before I could ask them. So, it was a very efficient and smooth process, and I would definitely recommend Vanderbilt.

The customer service reps from Vanderbilt Mortgage were excellent. I'm pleased with the rate they gave me. We learned about them through one of the mobile home dealers and have been working with them for the last eight months.

They make Bank of America look good. Took over my mortgage - I didn't choose these idiots. Sent me all kinds of garbage that I had to do this, do that direct withdrawal etc. No grace period which I had even back with Bank of America, yes Boa. Can only schedule payment for due date or earlier on their "website." They want to charge you for absolutely everything - everything! Didn't pay my property taxes - claimed "they just got the bill." The guy who I talked to played dumb he acted like it was my fault!!! These clowns had almost $4,000 of my tax money that they were holding on to. Will probably try to charge me for that too. I had to call and 'email' until they finally paid - I had to check with the town.

The loan process took quite a while because I was slow in getting my paperwork together because I had knee surgery. It took me a while to get my end altogether but once I got it altogether, Vanderbilt was pretty fast. The interest rate could be lower but it's okay. Every time I called over, I didn't get a machine, and got a person, so it was good as I hate talking to machines. I would recommend them anytime, and use them again if need be.

Vanderbilt's home loan process was organized and they did a good job handling finances. I thought it would take longer but it was quite fast and we are grateful for them. We had passed by Clayton Homes on our way to doctor's appointments and always wanted to go there and see their homes. We really liked their homes and they were the ones that told us about Vanderbilt. They said that Vanderbilt helps everybody out. I would recommend Vanderbilt Mortgage.

The service reps at Vanderbilt have been very pleasant. When we inquired about a home loan, they told us the ones that they deal with. The rate was really good, although I thought I might get a lower one. But it was better than what I have had in the past, so I was pretty happy with it. It's been a good experience and I would recommend them.

We learned about Vanderbilt through the trailer lot that we bought our trailer house through. The home loan process with Vanderbilt was really good. It went through pretty quickly. We got the approval in two days. Everything went through really well. They were very helpful and updated me completely with everything and kept me well-informed. I didn't even have to give them anything. They went and got the tax returns and all of it for us. Their website could be a little easier to maneuver to pay my mortgage. But other than that, it's all good.

Vanderbilt is easy to deal with. The process went easily. I pay over the phone but I didn't set the account up correctly the first time. But after I got it set up, I just push a number to pay and it's done. I would have liked the interest rate a bit lower but from what everybody else had told me, Vanderbilt's is the best I could get. The only problem was going through the whole process of getting to them as it was all automated stuff before I could get in contact with somebody I could talk to.

I'm happy with Vanderbilt Mortgage. The loan process went really easy and smooth. It's easy to communicate or get a hold of them throughout the process. I go online to pay the monthly mortgage payments. However, we are not really happy with the interest rate. It was a construction loan and not the regular real estate loan, so the interest rate is a little higher than usual. We are hoping to refinance in two years if we can. But I would still recommend them to a friend.

When I went to buy a house, Vanderbilt was the one who approved my loan. I've been with them for a couple of months and they've been good. My loan specialist named Laura has been very pleasant. They don't aggravate me with anything. I didn't like the rate but other companies offer similar rate and a couple of buddies of mine said the rate I got is 99% likely what one gets when buying a mobile, modular or manufactured home.

Everything was okay during the home loan process with Vanderbilt Mortgage. They were good to me, however, they kept wanting more and more information on stuff that I already gave. That might have been on someone else’s part and not Vanderbilt, but it was a lot of paperwork. Other than that, I’m very pleased and the ones that I called at Vanderbilt to get answers have been really polite and got back with me. If they didn’t know the answer then they’ll ask someone else.

Everyone I've dealt with from Vanderbilt Mortgage was informative and very courteous. Even when it came down to me signing my final paper, they were very informative and professional. I appreciate the services that they gave me. They were easy to contact and stayed in touch with me throughout the loan process. I am happy with my interest rate and excited about the opportunity I was given. I have recommended them to a couple of people.

We had our first home with Vanderbilt and since we had already established with them, I would rather instead go with them instead of trying to go to any other finance company. They sent us a paper every chance they got and let us know the amounts and what we needed to do with them. We were very satisfied and so far, we're still pleased with them. We will recommend Vanderbilt to someone.

We have been working with Vanderbilt for the last six months and have had a good experience. Their customer service was very good too. The rate could have been better, but it was okay. My husband's father had gone through them, as well.

Vanderbilt Mortgage was recommended to me by the seller. Their reps were knowledgeable, respectful, courteous, and they easily conveyed to me the process of how it was going to work. They even advocated for me. As a matter of fact, the buyer had failed to tell them that I had a down payment on the home and there was another discrepancy that if it hadn't been for Vanderbilt, I wouldn't have recovered it. But, I wasn't really happy with the interest rate when I was told in the beginning of looking for a home to buy, but that didn't come to be, so I ended up buying the home and I'm making the payments now. Though I wish someone had told me about disability and life insurance or had been offered in the options. Other than that, I would highly suggest them to anyone.

When I went and vied for my house, I was told that Vanderbilt would finance it through. I could get cheaper finance rate because of what we'd put down. There was around $33,000 or $34,000 left on my house once I have put $50,000 down. My daughter called them and got everything set up. I'm on Social Security and I get my check on the third Wednesday of every month, but Vanderbilt said my payment would be coming out the first and everything. So, we had it set up where the succeeding month is paid in advance. We've only had it for about four months, but I'm satisfied with the way it's set up and I'm very happy with with the interest rates.

Vanderbilt had good rates and looked like they were going to be fair with us. They told us they'd get us a good mortgage and we said, "Okay go for it." The process took just a few days and things have been great so far. The interest rate's pretty good but if they lower it, then it's fine.

I heard about Vanderbilt Mortgage through the trailer company I bought my trailer from in Fletcher's Oakwood Homes, and I used them to finance the trailer. Vanderbilt lent me the money and I made my third payment last month. I have no problems with the customer service representative too. Everything's been going smooth and they haven't bothered me but I wish their rate was cheaper.

I found out about Vanderbilt Mortgage through our mortgage company. We dealt with my bill, and when we got ready to go, it was done. They were easy to contact and quick to respond. Vanderbilt Mortgage was really nice, and the experience was super.

Vanderbilt is one of the best companies I've ever dealt with for getting loans. It's been the most simple task for me and a good experience. The paperwork was submitted and they called me up to tell me I was approved for the loan. Everything is held into place and I didn't have hardly anything to do except sign papers. They stayed in contact with me every time. It took a little longer because I was making changes so they had to redo the paperwork three times on the loan part. But everything went quick and smooth. They called me back the next day with the new paperwork and was ready. I couldn't ask for a better company because they've done me a great job so far.

Vanderbilt Mortgage Company Profile