2. Mortgages
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.59/5

Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc. is a national housing lender that has been in business for more than 40 years, specializing in new and used manufactured and modular homes.

Vanderbilt Mortgage offers a variety of financing programs for customers with great credit, less than perfect credit, and for first time homebuyers. We help families just like yours find the right financing program to obtain the home of their dreams.

Contact our team of experts today, and let us help you start the process of becoming a homeowner.

View More View More
Vanderbilt Mortgage(866) 701-0467

Vanderbilt Mortgage Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: March 4, 2020

Their customer service at Vanderbilt is exceptional. They're very attentive and they work really well. I really liked the experience. I didn't have any issues and everything went well. I always had a chance to talk to somebody. When I call them, they're always answering. They don't have an answering service to answer your call. So I'm very pleased with the lending process. You don't have to go through the loops or leave a message. It was easy to communicate with them. Everybody knew about the loan too. It's not like, "Okay, well, let me see who can help you." When I didn't have my account number, I just gave my name to whoever answered the phone and they pulled me up. Then they can help me with any question that I have. I don't actually have to talk to the person I talked to before because everybody was trained and I like that.

The application and underwriting took somewhere between three to five days. It could have been less but it took a little bit longer because they were waiting on one of my paperwork. Other than that though, it was fast and easy. All the personnel were really helping. They told me all the information that they needed from me and I sent it to them. As far as the lending process, they went fast. They're very prompt in what they do. Every time that I called the loan specialist back, she was prompt to answer. She was really nice and sweet. She helped me through the process.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I really like Vanderbilt Mortgage. My mother and I were getting a mobile home and were told that we were going through Vanderbilt Mortgage. The first call from them was great. They stayed in touch with us while in the loan process. They were polite and answered all our questions. And when we called them, they made sure that we got our answer. They might’ve put us on hold to talk to someone, but they helped us. At first, we had one rep but she couldn’t be with us anymore. Then we had another one. I also talked to some guy. All of them were professional. There was a lot I didn’t understand, but they helped me. If I didn’t understand something, they broke it down for me to understand.

When we first started, they went by my mother’s and my income. They gave us the numbers and how much to come down with. We were gonna use repo mobile home for the down payment and then $4,000 to go with the repo. They said yes at first, but a couple of weeks later, the numbers changed. About every two weeks, somebody called me and said that the numbers changed. Then it went up more money, then they called me back. It changed five times.

I thought that we would never get the mobile home because we didn't have $11,000. Also, our first payment is in the first week of March. I had talked to someone about a month ago and the lady said they were gonna mail us something about where to go and what to put on the money order, but I have not received anything. I was satisfied with everything else though.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

My experience with Vanderbilt Mortgage has been really good although I’m still new with them. The application process was really fast and it was not a long and drawn-out. I received a partial approval and did the steps. It all happened quickly and I was not sitting here wondering if I was getting it or not. So, it was good. I had to go and re-sign everything again with the company that I went through on Vanderbilt’s behalf because there was a change to my loan. It was not bad nor an inconvenience and it was because the delivery date on my home got postponed, so they had to change some stuff.

I liked how Natasha from Vanderbilt called me. I'm a first-time home buyer, never bought anything big like this so I'm not familiar with terms and the process. She went over what the steps were and some of the things that were covered. Then, she emailed me immediately my documents for me to sign. I received it and she was great. On a loan, for something that big, I wanna be able to talk to one specific person about it. So, it was nice and it made it a lot easier.

Everything was clear during the lending process and Vanderbilt told me everything that I needed. I didn't know that I was responsible for installing power, but it was fine. The message was clear and I got it installed with the power company. I walked in off the street and I wasn't sure if I would qualify for anything. I've been through a lot of really tough stuff in my life and I'm just me by myself and I never thought I would be able to own my own home or property, and Vanderbilt made that possible. So, I really like the company. It’s a company I would definitely use.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Except for the communication, it's been an okay process with Vanderbilt. It took a little bit over a month to complete which I was satisfied with. But the reps could improve on answering phone calls and voicemails. We had talked to Elizabeth and Jessie. We tried calling and calling and calling and we could never get in touch with them. We leave voicemails and nobody ever called us back. When we have filed for homestead exemption and since the beginning of last week, I've been trying to send the paperwork and I cannot get in touch with nobody. I've emailed and I've called them. I've sent the paperwork to the email that Jessie had given me a while back and I haven't gotten any answer back from that.

A couple of days later, someone from customer service called and told me that I needed to send it to the tax email that she had given me. I emailed it and it gave me two responses saying that it couldn't be delivered. So I called the customer service number back and they gave me a fax number. I tried faxing it twice but there was no answer. I called them back and they told me to retry the process again. I've tried the process and got the same exact answer. So I just went the other route and mailed a hard copy to Vanderbilt tax department but I haven't heard anything from them. I'm just wondering if the homestead exemption is actually gonna be taking place. I've asked for a number to call the tax department but they can't give me a number.

Our first payment is due July 3rd but that's why I'm kinda scared that I'm gonna be pushed further back for the homestead exemption. Someone had called saying how much the payment is, when's it due, etc. but we haven't gotten a statement in the mail. I'm not sure when they'll send one, but I wanna make the payment. When I logged in online, it says that our payment's not due.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Our house got destroyed in the hurricane and it happened six weeks after we closed with Vanderbilt. We waited so long for debris removal and Vanderbilt was the least of our worries. They did such a wonderful job and they were on top of everything. They always kept in communication. They were done with us within a month and it was really fast.

Initially, we were looking at how much we could put down because right after the storm, we drained our bank account. Later, when I got some more money from the insurance company, they were happy to take the contingency off because we initially had a contingency to sell our home in Texas first and that would’ve taken forever. I called back and I said, “Hey, can you do the calculation? How much can I put down in order to get the loan approved in addition to...” Those were two mortgages for two different homes and they did the calculation within half an hour. They came right back and said, “Hey, if you can put this much down, we’ll be able to approve a loan for you so that you don’t have to wait for the contingency. You don’t have to wait to sell your house.” They explained the calculation and they did such a wonderful job.

I was most impressed by the communication. They were on it and if I couldn’t get through or I had a question and it happened to be off hours, I could leave a message and they would call me back as soon as business opened. It was nice to not have to wait for somebody to call me back when I had a question. The responsiveness was excellent. I'm happy to have the experience with Vanderbilt.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vanderbilt Mortgage?

Original review: March 13, 2020

All my neighbors and community is up in arms with the collections department of Vanderbilt Mortgage in Maryville, Tennessee. The largest mobile home financier charged me a 17% interest rates because my mobile home is not attached to land so they call it a car. Legally, they can do that. Ethically, is it right?

Original review: March 10, 2020

We were living in a 1986 model mobile home that had a leaky roof. It had mold in the house and my wife had COPD. So, it was time for us to get a new one. The application with Vanderbilt Mortgage was easy. The process was quick enough but they were all waiting on me. Their rep was okay but the other rep at closing just pushed the papers right on through. The interest rate I got was a little higher than I expected but I didn’t have a very good credit score. So that’s the way it goes.

Original review: March 9, 2020

Vanderbilt was great. We didn’t have a whole lot to do with them. They were pretty much on top of things. It was just emails and stuff. The whole process, application and underwriting, took about six months though. It’s not fun. Part of it was the permits that we had to get for the house, including a hardship permit. Getting those permits made the process go a little bit longer.

Vanderbilt had us sign our paperwork with a woman who did notary, and she was an absolute idiot. She wasn’t prepared, and didn’t know how to use the internet to get on for us to sign the document. I actually had to help her get on the internet to get into the DocuSign. I've worked in real estate so I knew how to do it. She was just an idiot. She didn’t even know the paperwork so it was weird. She was sick on top of that. It was just a bad situation. She did not represent Vanderbilt well.

Original review: March 8, 2020

Everything’s excellent so far with Vanderbilt. The lending process was easy. It took three weeks and the rep was great. We worked together and anything I asked, she answered. She was friendly and confident too.

Original review: March 5, 2020

We started the process with Vanderbilt in December and we closed in February. I bought a few houses through Vanderbilt. I'm an independent contractor. It's usually hard to buy when you do that, but they were absolutely amazing. They were communicative. They didn't make me feel like the little guy. They're first name basis. If I text them, they text me back. If I call them, they call me back. They were very connected with the whole process. I was impressed. I did this process on my own so when you're a little guy and you're with a big corporation and you're trying to submit documents and talk to people about the interest rate, sometimes, you feel a little overwhelmed, but every one of them were helpful.

At this point right now, I'm having a few issues and I'm not really getting any results. They're not big issues but I like to see the aftercare just a little bit better. I still have a lockbox on my door that needs to come off. Somebody needs to remove that. I've made a few calls. I've also had a couple cracks in the sheetrock. But other than that, there was nothing major. 21st Mortgage is their sister company, and even though they're the same company owned by the same people, 21st doesn't respond very well. They're slow. Their information and pricing are incorrect. You get to a lot, it's one price and online, it's another price.

Vanderbilt Mortgage Company Information