toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I had a good experience with Vanderbilt Mortgage and I didn't have too many issues. It took me a little longer than seven months from start to finish. We applied for the loan and got approval. Over about three months Vanderbilt was asking for documents they needed and then we worked with the mobile home company. Whenever the rep needed any kind of paperwork, she let me know right away and we got it to her. I thought the interest rate was pretty decent and fair with my credit score. It was also easy paying for our mortgage every month. My account is set up online and I just sign in and pay the bill. My homeowner's insurance is covered in the loan too.

The home loan process at Vanderbilt Mortgage was very easy going. It was also pretty fast. From the time that I went house shopping to the time that I was in my house, it took me about a month. Also, everyone I spoke to throughout the process was very informative, helpful, friendly and courteous. They explain why things were taking time and where we were gonna go each day every time that they would call. No matter what kind of question you may have, they have the answer to it and they can walk you through and explain what’s going on even if you can’t see it from afar. They were also very nice and outgoing people. They really knew how to keep my spirits up even though I knew it’s gonna take some time to get my new home. They just kept pushing and pushing and pushing me until we finally got through to it.

They were also the best one to fit my budget. I’m happy with the interest rate. It doesn’t bother me and I know where it’s at. Making payments is very easy as well. It comes out of my bank directly and Vanderbilt pulls it out each month. I don’t have to do anything.

The young lady that was handling my paperwork was on point. She kept me informed and told me what she needed. My loan officer also worked everything out and made sure I got what I needed. Vanderbilt was easier to use because they were familiar with the dos and don’ts for the type of house that I was installing. There are some lenders that don’t do it for pre-fab or manufactured homes and they did. They made the process very easy. But the interest rate I’m gonna try to get lowered. My experience was pleasant and great. I couldn’t ask for a better experience.

The home loan from Vanderbilt Mortgage was good. The bank called me all the time to do what I would like and update it. The process took about 15 minutes and they didn’t really ask any questions. They got along with me right away. Vanderbilt agents were good and very nice over the phone.

I like Vanderbilt. We went through a normal thing for our home loan with them. We just filled out the papers and we never had any problem with them. They always kept us up-to-date on what was going on. And whatever questions I had, they would let us know with an answer. Also, they did whatever they said they were gonna do. I’m very pleased with my interest rate and the payments for our entire mortgage are reasonable. I would do it again.

My mom bought a mobile home and she told me about Vanderbilt. I did the application and provided the proper paperwork. Everything else was taken care of and things went swimmingly. The process was quick and easy and I do the payments over the phone. Their reps were great as well. I was having an issue getting on using my phone, one of the guys there hung out with me. We were on the phone for about 30 minutes until that issue was solved. Currently, I’m trying to use a different password than I originally set up. I'm just getting started with Vanderbilt but I'd definitely recommend them at this moment.

We were down south a few years ago and we were looking for a home. We went to a few places and ended up at Vanderbilt. It was the best one as far as financing in all its concerns. It was beautiful during the home loan process and the Vanderbilt representatives were very pleasant, did everything they could to help us and to the best of their abilities explaining things to us. They were excellent and have a lot of suggestions. They are the person who sticks to their word and if they say that they'll try to do something and have it done at a certain time they will certainly do that. This is my first time as being a home buyer and they were very helpful. If there was something that you didn't want, they did not try to talk you into it. I would recommend Vanderbilt to some friends. And as for making my payments, I do it through mailing.

I bought a home in Jasper, Alabama. And the people I bought it from who were talking to me were dealing directly with the people from Vanderbilt. But I called Vanderbilt a couple of times to make sure what they were asking was correct and their representatives were very knowledgeable. Overall, the home loan process was easy and the people at Vanderbilt were very easy to deal with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vanderbilt Mortgage?

Vanderbilt Mortgage is good enough for me. I have them in another house and I had no problems with them until right now at least. I just wanted to change the date the payment comes out, which is the only problem I have with them. Other than that, I didn't have to do with them. I just pay my bills online and go on.

I applied for a loan from Vanderbilt Mortgage through the place where I got the trailer from. The people there talked to Vanderbilt and took care of it all. When I spoke to Vanderbilt's rep, the lady was real nice and she told me how much my loan was gonna be and when it was due. The interest rate was so high, though. But Vanderbilt approves people and they approved me even though my credit isn't all that good.

Everything went really smooth with the application with Vanderbilt but it took so long. Once I started, the whole process took four months. I do a list of what I needed and they sent a list, and another. It kept getting added to once or twice. It seemed like paperwork kept coming and coming instead of all at one time for me to get everything together and send it in. It took three months for me to get everything together. Other times, it was something different like why I had this on my credit and then I filled it out and sent it in. Sometimes, it got misplaced and I ended up having o resend the paperwork. But that was the only thing and after that, it really wasn't them. The guy checking everything and he kept saying that he wanted more verification.

But the reps seem knowledgeable. The biggest issue I had between them was them and my bank not using the same words. It was confusing me in the middle. My bank was saying that I shouldn’t need something but come to find out it was called something else. They’d changed the name to whatever they were using. It was frustrating a little bit but I’m not saying it was bad and it wasn't horrible. I was pretty much pleased with them as far as the actual people I talked to.

I was looking for a new trailer and Vanderbilt Mortgage accepted the loan when we tried to get the loan from them. My daughter had bought a house and she knows about the loan process so she was helping me through it and then the lady that I was getting the trailer from guided me through it. So, it was painless, easy, simple and worked out great.

I don't have any problems with Vanderbilt and the experience was good. They were willing to work with me as far as purchasing my first home. The representatives was exceptional and we had good communication. I haven't had any issues and they’ve been doing good so far. I haven't had the best experience with the trailer place that I purchased from, but Vanderbilt told me that if the trailer place don't fix corrections as far as the home, I can reach back to and let them know to try to get that going. It’s great that they're hearing me out instead of the actual trailer company.

I paid the date due and usually I'm great about it. But when I told them, “I can’t make it. I'm going to be off a couple of days but is that fine?", they said, "Yeah, sure. Just let us know once you submit the payment." So, the representative even helped me in setting up my account online and just told me, "If there's any issue, give me a call." Which I feel is great because I'm a busy person. I think out of the credit companies and all this stuff that I usually interact with on a personal note, they’ve been great.

Vanderbilt was the first mortgage company to approve us. Their reps are very helpful and I can tell a friend or a family member that they can go ahead with them.

Vanderbilt was fine but it was a lot of footwork to do to go to them but understandably that's usually how the market works. Other than that, the people were generous and respectful. They gave me plenty of time to get the paperwork together. They didn't pressure me. All the representatives and people that I spoke to personally at Vanderbilt didn't give me any trouble. They're quick to get anything I need out to me, like the homeowner's insurance. I was sure that the homeowner's had been sent whenever it was set up. But, I don’t think Clayton Homes sent it out like they were supposed to because they were in direct contact with my insurer. But we got all that stuff squared away. I called Vanderbilt and they got it taken care of.

Their interest rate is a little high but I understand that because I'm a first-time home buyer and my credit ain't the best ever, with my banking transaction they don't look as pretty as I would like them. We can't do the 23-year bi-weekly thing so we had to do it monthly for 30 years and I think that's what gave us the 7% mortgage rate.

The Vanderbilt representatives were good and did everything they could do to help me. Getting approved wasn’t very long but I really didn’t have much credit and that’s what took the longest which was my fault. I would like the interest rate to be lower, though.

Vanderbilt Mortgage told us they were to get the homestead exemption to remove the taxes from off the mortgage note. But, every time we try to pay the mortgage, I'm not able to get the homestead exemption. So we end up having to pay more than what we should be paying. They were some great people. However, they said that it was going to be a quick process, but getting the tax form and endless thing here with the homestead to get the taxes took off of it was running me in circles and we were running back and forth from the courthouse to the assessor's office. Everything was good until that knowing the position were in and Louisiana got flooded and everybody needed trailers now.

They needed the last two or three years of taxes. We filed the taxes and then wait for something to come back from the IRS to actually get the loan approved all the way. But after we did that it was pretty smooth. We did change our mind and picked another trailer out and they didn't get give up and the amount didn't change. We're still paying the mortgage on it and it should have been going down at least another six to $80 once we get the homestead. However, the interest rate is high for what we were going to end up paying it. Though we were approved with no downpayment on it, the trailer was $64,000 and we end up paying almost over $100,000 for it. So it's costing us more.

I got a loan from Vanderbilt Mortgage. I have a mobile home so my interest would be higher than the national housing average, but I'm okay with it. It was stressful at the time I was getting the mortgage because I had to repeatedly send all of my information to several people who I got transferred to. And some of the paper works that I collected had gone out of date several times in the process which means I had to continuously keep getting pay stubs, reprint W-2s, and reprint summary reports for my checking and savings. I had to renew all that information every time I switch people. What they were asking was simple, but it's easy to ask for something when they don't have to do it. I had to do it up to five times. One person should be assigned to one person. And if there is a team of people, they should all have access to a group folder. They can use a Google file or folder. Synchronization is needed between people working on one person.

My friends would be alright if they went with Vanderbilt. But if they try someone else and they're happy with them, they should go with them. But if they're not, Vanderbilt was a successful option for me and they had better interest rates than the competition. They can always go to Vanderbilt if their main option doesn't work out.

My father loved Vanderbilt Mortgage. We talked to the lady who welcomed us and she told us how to setup our payments online. Then we pay our monthly mortgage on the first like we're supposed to. We don’t hear from them very much but they're great. They get you your paperwork on-time and every time I've talked to someone on the phone, they were very nice.

I applied with my first house and the Vanderbilt Mortgage woman that came was afraid of the dogs running in the house, but she was nice. I told her about the strength test I had and the result of it. My status is good. I'm impressed with the loans I had with them. Overall, it’s been a pretty good experience and I’d recommend them.

There are options that were offered to us. We had tried a bank but they needed a large down payment. So, that was a plus in going with Vanderbilt Mortgage. There was a list of documents. It's pretty nice. However, we did have a problem in getting a price for all. I don't know if it was Vanderbilt's responsibility, but we got several different ones before we got the right one. I dealt mostly with the rep named Chris and he was very helpful. When we did have a problem with their prices, he was very good to get back with us and let us know what was going on. He was very good to work with us. All in all, everything went really smoothly.

The people at Vanderbilt Mortgage are really nice. My husband works three shifts and it was always me talking to Vanderbilt on the phone. So far, everything's been real good. The process was easy especially with them being really helpful and professional. Considering we've not been here long so I didn't talk to them that much. But any kind of questions we had, they were always there to answer them.

The home loan I had with Vanderbilt Mortgage went fine. Everything went very smooth and was processed timely. Also, everybody that I spoke to was very friendly, helpful, professional and knowledgeable.

I got a chattel loan and gave Vanderbilt my W2, pay stubs, and a copy of my driver's license. Once we got the paperwork in there, it didn't take long for it to go through. In about three weeks, we signed for the house. However, the interest rate on my mortgage is higher than what I would want to be paying, and it's because it's a mobile home. As soon as I can refinance it, I want to. But other than that, the overall experience was easy and quick.

Our home loan with Vanderbilt had been a long process with a lot of steps and repeats sending paperwork. We returned some paperwork and they’d turn around and say they still needed it when we had already turned it in. It was a continuation of needing this and that so it took at least a good three months. I’ve got three foster babies so that’s the least of my worries. However, my husband might have had an issue with one of the representatives but the representatives were all decent. In the end, we were able to move in and Vanderbilt got us there so it’s all good.

I got the initial paperwork from Brandy in Charleston who started the process and then I started talking to a person at Vanderbilt who told me about how to deal with certain questions about down payment and the fact that I had taken a loan to clean up several other loans and put money on my account. We worked around that. We bought our house 35 years ago, and it took us so much stuff to get going in the beginning but they stuck with me.

The only thing is that I would have loved more communications on certain aspects of it. What was being financed here was not only a mobile home but the piece of property the mobile home is going on. And at one point because of the structure of the property, half being on one side of the road and half being on the other, they were wondering whether or not they could do it. The communication during that particular period of time was pretty minimal. We ended up working it out, although it was still kind of spooky to me. They saw that I was getting quite a deal on the whole place apparently and financed everything and it's been nice. Also, the notices about when the payment was coming up and when the whole thing would start and everything else were gorgeous. They got good people and overall, it was a very good experience.

Somebody else that I knew had a place also used Vanderbilt Mortgage and they told me about it. When I saw the home that I wanted, I called Vanderbilt. I was nervous because I didn’t know if I’m getting the home loan. When I was 24, I had stroke. I lost my speech and I was paralyzed for four weeks. I lost my job and had to go through everything over again. I had to get my mom to do it and understand the numbers but it was pretty good. The representatives were professional and knowledgeable. They went in, got in my home and the home loan was mixed with the insurance. On top of that, the payment's right. So I hadn't had any problem at all. I would ask anybody to use Vanderbilt. I’m really loving my home.

The home loan process at Vanderbilt took way longer than what we expected for it to take. The whole experience took about a year and we were not 100% satisfied with everything. But at the same time, we thank God that everything got taken care of at this point. The person that was working with us would always ask for more paperwork and would not do whatever it was that she needed to do. Also, we would always expect to get a call back from her but we always ended up calling her for updates.

And to this day, there are a lot of things inside the house that are still not done. For instance, we can see a leak going on on the roof as soon as we walk in the house because we can see a bubble. And every time we open the water on the kitchen sink, water spills to the bottom where the drawers are and on top. Also, the knobs from one of the closets came off and the door locks to the front and the back completely suck. They don't close and won't let us open them. Sometimes when we put a key in, it's a mess. We need to get something else. However, we're in there now and we're trying to be patient. There's this guy that comes to the house and he does things here and there. But at the same time, it's kind of frustrating. It was also a very long process for one permit to get done. At one point, it took six months and it was crazy.

We lost our farmhouse in a fire back in 2015 and Vanderbilt was able to help us finally replace it. I was scared at first because I didn't know what to expect from them but the process was smooth. They told us everything that was going on, what needed to be done and they were upfront. Their representatives were really informative and it was a good experience. If we had to do it again, we would definitely do it with Vanderbilt. We heard a lot of good things about them so we gave them a chance and they worked with us.

The company we worked with to get our mobile home had a list of four loan offices. They said that the one that they have the most success with is Vanderbilt. So we picked two different loan offices, Vanderbilt and another one, to get a second opinion so we'll know we're not getting overpriced. The other place won't even give us a quote if our credit score was below 720, which is crazy high. They turned around and pretty much said they won't help us. On the other hand, everything went smooth with Vanderbilt Mortgage. They gave us options and let us know different ways of going about and doing our home loan. It was all pretty well laid out and explained to us first-time homebuyers. Then they helped with the insurance along the way as well. We would recommend anyone else buying a home to look into Vanderbilt.

On several occasions when calling to make a payment I have underwent a series of questions and I mean personal questions... I know that my payments are late and I know I don't have the best history of making my payments but I should never get told I need to get a job. I am a stay at home mom. My husband works and I get child support. This was on our application from the beginning.

If it was a problem then I feel like I would have not of gotten the loan to begin with just to be ridiculed for me not having a job and judging me for my life choices to be a stay at home mom. To tell me I need to quit spending money on other things in my life so that I am able to make my payments on time. I feel this is very inappropriate actions... Not to mention when I was in process of buying home I was promised certain things such as the underpinning would be fixed and that I would get new appliances because the stove had a crack in the top of it and well after several phone calls and two years I've never heard anything back and it has never been done...

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I sold my home several months ago and through no fault of mine Wells Fargo would never close. I finally sold to a cash buyer and the slugs at Vanderbilt couldn't wait until the closing so they threatened to foreclose. I was told by Heather that I had to pay so much of the arrears or they would begin the legal proceedings the following week. I got the certified letter the following day stating that I had until the 25th of May 2017. They wouldn't lie now would they.

I had to go in and fill out paperwork at the mobile home company for my home loan with Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance but it was pretty much simple. I left it all up to them until they got me approved. It was a fast process which took inside of about a week. Then the payments come out of my checking account.

Vanderbilt Mortgage Company Profile