Call toll free
4.80/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc. is a national housing lender that has been in business for more than 40 years, specializing in new and used manufactured and modular homes.

Vanderbilt Mortgage offers a variety of financing programs for customers with great credit, less than perfect credit, and for first time homebuyers. We help families just like yours find the right financing program to obtain the home of their dreams.

Contact our team of experts today, and let us help you start the process of becoming a homeowner.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1638 Vanderbilt Mortgage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Conducting business with Vanderbilt was fairly easy and I was very satisfied with their lending process. From start to finish, it took them two and a half weeks and I was fine with it because we could not get a move in the house with all the rain. The lady who owns Freedom Homes couldn't get our house when they wanted to, so they pushed the first payment back till March 1st. I was pretty excited about it because I couldn't be paying for a home loan and not being in the house. I only dealt with Vanderbilt with the closing and it was done in 15 minutes.

I worked with a phenomenal loan specialist who was upfront about everything and answered any questions I had. I'm a truck driver and I stay in communication with them over the phone. I told them they could call me any time. But I normally went through my salesman Peter because it was easier to go through him. I send him a text message on whatever request I have and he would get it done. Vanderbilt is very good and I did not feel they hid anything from me.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I worked with Whitney over the phone and she talked to the salesman. Vanderbilt was able to personalize the process for me and it was easy communicating with them.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Vanderbilt gave me everything that I needed for the house and everything that they did was nice. I love the house and everything that they got. The overall lending process went smooth. I talked to their employee named Casey the most and she was really helpful. She was outgoing and wanted me to get everything together. Their rep texted me everything every day. They kept me updated and were good with everything that they did. The only problem I had was my 401K lagging on giving me the money for my down payment. I applied in August, but it took until December to get my 401K straightened out. But as soon as I gave Vanderbilt the money, it was fast. We closed on the house on December the 20th which was a week later I gave Vanderbilt the money. I was excited that I got approved. Conducting business with Vanderbilt was really easy.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Vanderbilt has been the easiest people I've ever worked with as far as the banking home loan side of things. The application and underwriting process took three weeks and everybody who worked on my mortgage was extremely friendly, very nice, and knowledgeable. They answered when I had a question and the whole speed of the thing was amazing to me. However, their interest rate was a little high, but that was market control so I can't fuss. Other than that, they did a very good job keeping me updated on where everything was going and I felt it was above and beyond.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I've bought several houses and my experience with Vanderbilt was probably the best one I've ever had. It was easy to communicate with them. Whenever I had a question, they always had an answer and it was the right answer. The application and underwriting were very quick and they were very upfront and they disclosed everything. Also, they were very knowledgeable and we never really sat around wondering what was going on or what something meant. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vanderbilt Mortgage?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Vanderbilt Mortgage is easy to work with and everything was explained well enough. They got the application that I filled out and I had no problems with the loan process. When I called them, I didn’t have to wait too long. They were right there. And when I didn’t understand something, they helped me with it.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Vanderbilt worked with me in closing my loan. We had a little pile up there with the way the informant was listed but other than that it was alright. The rep was nice and it was very easy to communicate with him. However, they could improve a little bit better on customer support. One time, they ended up saying we didn’t get the loan and right before that, they told us we got it.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Vanderbilt treated me good and they were fast in approving the loan and letting me get started with the thing. The people at the trailer park had me fill out the application form there which took 30 minutes. The reps kept me informed on the step until it went through, and they talked to me since we got the trailer and told me when the payments would be. They also gave me their website and how I can find out stuff on it about paying off. So, they've helped me out well. They worked on it quicker than I thought they would. We’re trying to settle in and it's nice to have a place and a better one than what you had.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I'm receiving disability benefits and recently found myself in need of assistance from Vanderbilt Mortgage. I called my representative, with my issue. Matt, is my customer representative and he was very concerned and comforting towards my situation. He stated a few methods that we could consider and he stated that he would try to assist in any way that he could. We talked again yesterday and not only did he do what he had explained to me, he had taken it a step further. He went above and my expectations to assist me. Matt is a great representative and I am blessed to have him represent me and my family.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Vanderbilt Mortgage called me and asked for a few documents to make sure my loan was closed in a timely manner. Instead of going back and forth and telling me that they need this and that as I've experienced in the past, they collected all the documents at once and got it done quickly. The application and underwriting process took just about two weeks. We had a bit of a snag at the beginning though. I was a full-time student at one point and I didn't have two full years of work experience and there was a little misunderstanding about the schooling but it was taken care of promptly. Vanderbilt did an excellent job. They were always pleasant and they answered any questions quickly.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

The application and underwriting processes I underwent with Vanderbilt Mortgage took about 4 weeks. It was a fairly easy process and I didn't have to do much. However, I would bring up a piece of information and then they would say that they needed something else a day or two later. Other than that, it was okay. They did everything behind the scenes. The place I bought the house from sent all the information to them, and I got a letter saying I had been approved. Their reps that I dealt with were very courteous, polite, businesslike and professional, which I liked. Once I speak to them and ask a question, they had the answers immediately.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

The reps of Vanderbilt were friendly and were nice. They checked me out. They had to know everything. And then they would call me back and say, “Well, we need this. We need that.” I asked how long it was gonna take. I was supposed to be working with one person, and then there was another one that would come on and talk to me and ask me questions. And then that other one was supposed to have been there with me. It took four months for me to get my trailer. I was already pulling my hair out because nobody from Vanderbilt was telling me anything. It shouldn’t have taken so long. I wasn’t happy and was dissatisfied. They wouldn't even let me have the trailer I wanted.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

The loan process with Vanderbilt Mortgage was fairly easy. The application and underwriting were wonderful, and they were all super helpful. It was a little frustrating that we got passed along through a couple of loan specialists because people were training or moving up. And it was hard to get ahold of people. When we called or emailed them, it was days before we heard back. But once we got a hold of them, they were great with communication.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Vanderbilt was good to work with and they were in constant contact with me when we were closing the loan. The application and underwriting process took two months. It was very easy communicating with them and they were always prompt. They got back to me in a timely manner. The terms were very clear to me and they made it easy to understand.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

We didn't get through on the first time that we applied with Vanderbilt Mortgage, but that was because of the home center. When we applied for the second time, the application and underwriting process only took four weeks. During the loan process, it was easy to communicate with them. But Vanderbilt should stay on top of the home center. The home center took their time when sending the stuff to the bank, and they didn't communicate with us if we needed to take something to them for Vanderbilt. We worked with Vanderbilt's loan specialist named Corey and she did well. I could contact her quickly and she got back to me never more than a day. If I called because the home center wouldn’t do anything, they would take care of it right away. Vanderbilt did well for us and I have recommended them.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Conducting business with Vanderbilt was fairly easy and the reps always called. A couple of times when I was at work, they made sure that I was able to talk and if not, they would call back. The reps were nice, helpful and explained everything to us. It was a good experience and I would recommend Vanderbilt.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Vanderbilt Mortgage was very responsive to calling and emailing and responding that way. Everything went very smooth and quickly. Also, the reps were were very detailed and focused, and very nice. I'd work with them again in a heartbeat. Use Vanderbilt. They're great.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

The application and underwriting process took a month and a half when I first put the application in. Vanderbilt communicated very well and answered my questions right away. Everything moved very smoothly, and I was very happy with how things went. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

The process at Vanderbilt took a few weeks. We got a few emails from them, but mostly we worked with them on the phone. They were quick, simple, to the point and they just did what they needed to do and got us approved. I just asked very few questions and we were done.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

The application and underwriting process with Vanderbilt Mortgage took a few weeks. I had a couple of complicated things because I'm under workers' compensation and we had to verify that, so the process took a little while. I had one retirement that I worked out for a company in the US, but it was out of Canada and they went out of business, so there was no way I could verify my retirement with them. When I tried to call, all they spoke was French Canadian and we had a huge language barrier, but the people at Vanderbilt worked with me greatly. It took a little bit to get around that, but we finally worked around it. The transparency of the Vanderbilt lending process was great. They worked with me all the way through it and I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

The process at Vanderbilt Mortgage was very easy. I presented everything up front and they worked through getting the appraisal. Underwriting and application took about 10 weeks which was a little lengthy but they disclosed that upfront since we were doing an FHA loan. I got both phone calls and mailings with every step of the process so I never had any questions about what was going on. Furthermore, their communication style was very good. They kept me in the loop and they had multiple methods of communication which I liked. Plus, they were very upfront. The list of what they needed was very good. Their people were knowledgeable and they could answer my questions. Closing went smoothly and we’re in the house already. I would recommend Vanderbilt to a friend who is looking for this type of mortgage.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

The people that I worked with at Vanderbilt Mortgage were really helpful and the process was really easy to do.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

The application and underwriting process with Vanderbilt was quick and simple. This was the first home that we bought and the first mortgage that we had. Their customer service stood out to us first and foremost. The contacts we have had with Vanderbilt have been completely phenomenal and it was very easy to stay in communication with them. The people were always friendly and we have no issues as far as their customer service. The reps were great and they were compassionate when it comes to the loan process as if it was for their own home. You’re not treated as if you’re a customer and you're treated just the same.

I could call them right now and they would do anything and everything that they could for me as far as if I had any issues. If you wanna do business with somebody, you wanna feel like they're gonna be there for you because at some point in time, you’re gonna come across hard times. It happens in everyone's lives. If that’s the case and point with our loan, they would do everything possible for us to be able to continue to pay our mortgage and keep our home if it came down to it.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Conducting business with Vanderbilt Mortgage was very easy. They had knowledge of what they were doing and they seemed confident. They checked in with me to see if I needed anything and they helped me with any questions I had.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I've dealt with Vanderbilt Mortgage 17 years ago. I bought a trailer from them before I got the one I have now. So far, they've handled everything well. They did what they could do even though bad weather slowed me down from moving into the trailer quicker.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I got a loan from Vanderbilt and they were really good. Everything went smooth in my interactions with their staff and I was impressed that they always did what they said. They were also very communicative and I appreciated that. Everything was upfront and things went the way they told me. I was very satisfied.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Vanderbilt was excellent in working with me to close my loan and the application and underwriting process took a month. It was easy to stay in contact with them since they had my email and I had theirs plus their phone numbers. We talk and call each other. Andrew, the rep, contacted me every Monday morning and told me the progress of my loan and what they needed. I gathered all the materials and sent it to them.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Vanderbilt kept me informed about what they were doing and when certain things are gonna be done. The application and underwriting process with them took almost two months and they did a very good job. The rep was very cordial and professional. If I had a concern, I would call and most of the time, they would answer the phone. If they were busy, they would call me back. I didn't have any trouble getting return calls and they always referred me to whoever was handling the loan. I would have no problem recommending Vanderbilt to somebody else.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Vanderbilt Mortgage was above and beyond helpful although the application and underwriting was a long process. When we applied for the loan, we did not expect in the least to be able to get it but they called us that we were approved and then they started working with us on everything. Any time I had a question, they would answer more than willingly and would go out of their way to try to help me find answers that I needed as far as the land or the loan. Conducting business with Vanderbilt was a lot easier than just about anything else I can do. In fact, I’ve already started recommending Vanderbilt Mortgage to somebody else.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Vanderbilt is a really good company to work with and I appreciate everything that they did. Their application and underwriting process took a little over two weeks at the most to complete and everything went smoothly. I also enjoyed working with everybody there. They were nice, they walked me through everything, and they helped me out a lot. They told me what was going on and they did all the work. They called and let me know what room to meet them and even went out of their way and met me at 8:00 o’ clock at night since I wasn’t available until that late. Also, the loan specialist I worked with was way up in Kentucky and he’d come all the way down here. In fact, it took him about a three-hour drive to get to where I was at. Then he did some work on the computer and showed me everything on it. I was really impressed.

Vanderbilt Mortgage Company Information

PO Box 9800
Maryville
TN
(866)701-0467
www.vmfhomeloan.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.