2. Mortgages
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.63/5

Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc. is a national housing lender that has been in business for more than 40 years, specializing in new and used manufactured and modular homes.

Vanderbilt Mortgage offers a variety of financing programs for customers with great credit, less than perfect credit, and for first time homebuyers. We help families just like yours find the right financing program to obtain the home of their dreams.

Contact our team of experts today, and let us help you start the process of becoming a homeowner.

View More View More
Vanderbilt Mortgage Call Now Toll Free (866) 701-0467 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

Vanderbilt Mortgage Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: May 15, 2020

My credit is not that great. Also, my wife filed for bankruptcy four years ago. So with our income, our credit situation and with what we were wanting, Vanderbilt Mortgage gave ve us a fair deal. The application took about 20 minutes. It wasn't very long. The only thing that really took so long was because we couldn't make up our mind which house we wanted. Now we've already got our house and it's already set up, for the most part.

We went over a little bit more than what we wanted to spend per month but in the long run, it would not be as bad as we thought. I was also including the lot rent, but we had talked to my wife's parents and wound up putting it on their property. Now, we won’t have a lot rent so the little bit more we have on our house payment isn't that hard. If we would have the lot rent, I probably wouldn't have taken it.

When we first talked to the rep from Vanderbilt, she said that she was busy and every time we called, she couldn't pick up the phone. But for the most part, she’d call us back in a timely manner. Also, Todd was really good, and Abbie was the one lady that we talked to quite often and she was the one that would call us back most of the time. They did a good enough job. Now we're wanting to set up our house payment every two weeks but I don't know who I need to contact. But they did say that we could just call than they could point us in the right direction. For the most part, we had a great experience with Vanderbilt Mortgage.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I filled out the Vanderbilt application and my boyfriend sent it to them. The guy wasn’t there that Friday but I brought the paperwork up there. One of the ladies who was like the receptionist made a copy and put it on his desk. Two weeks later, the guy from Tennessee was like, “I need this.” I told him that it has been up on the other guy's desk for the past two weeks. I didn't know why that guy had not faxed it to him. I told him that if my boyfriend was not happy then I was not happy. They would need something from him but they would call me every time. Every time my boyfriend would try to call, he could never get the guy that we were going through on the phone.

They had my boyfriend's number and if they needed something from him, they should have called him because I told them that if they could not get a hold of him, they should just leave a message and he would call them back. He would know exactly what they were talking about. If they need something from a specific person on the application, they should call them. When my boyfriend calls, he should be able to get ahold of them instead of them calling me instead.

The loan officer we had was great. I had no problems with this person as well as the guy in Tennessee. The one I had a problem with, however, was the one in Sumter. It was a whole communication thing. It was pretty much a failure in communication, especially when it came to my boyfriend. The guy wanted to give us a gift card for $2,500 to get our stove, fridge, washer, and dryer. We said, “No, we can’t. There’s nothing at Lowe’s that’s in stock.” The stove and the fridge each cost $1000 each, not to mention the washer and dryer are at least $500 each, if not more. I bought all these appliances before. $2500 was not gonna cover it.

Also, we were not told that we could customize certain things in our house. The guy that came out and fixed a few things that were wrong was like, “They don't tell you this, but…” We were gonna replace probably our dining room and our front room with ceiling fans with the light in it. That same guy came out here and fixed the front door that was crooked. You had to pull really tight to get it to click then there’s a big old gap at the top so if it rains, the rain would come in. One of our windows was broken and a few other things. That guy was the one that told us that we could have just had the few customizations that we would have liked before we signed the paperwork.

From the first day we went up there to the day we saw on the closing paperwork, the process was between 30 days and 45 days. Overall, I’m happy with the Tennessee office and pretty much everyone, except for the Sumter office. But the communication could have been a little bit better. Also, we can do the payment but it's a little high. Other than those, I would definitely recommend them. The overall quality is pretty good. There are just the little things here and there that we noticed, but it's not a big deal. My boyfriend does construction so he can see it pretty much before anyone else can.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I was looking at homes and when I decided what house I wanted to try to purchase, I was told what loan companies the builder worked with. And they recommended that I go with Vanderbilt, so I went with them. Everything took a good while to get finalized because my husband works with a lot of different companies, so it was taking them a really long time to get in touch with his employers. I told them that when the contract is up and he’s finished in the plant, he gets laid off then just waits for the next job. I was trying to explain to them the kind of work he does and they needed stuff explaining the gap period.

Also, there was one girl named Wendy who was kinda working on our stuff but she wouldn’t contact me about anything and it would be a week or longer before I ever heard from her. She asked me if there was any way I could get in touch with his employers, which would help out a lot, so my husband and I were trying to call whoever we could think of. He was trying to get numbers from everybody and we were calling and trying to hassle people into whatever we needed so Vanderbilt could get what they needed.

When I would call Wendy, I would leave messages and she wouldn’t return my calls. And I would email her but she wouldn’t email me back. When she did, it was just to say, "Hello. I still can’t get in touch with anyone, but I’m working on it”. So, I was really aggravated and I felt like I wasn’t in the loop, but I was doing everything that she asked me to do. If Wendy felt like she couldn't get in touch with anybody, she should’ve asked for a little more help or given it to somebody else earlier. And when I asked her if she could give the case over to someone else, it sounded like she was really upset that I asked that. She was kinda rude about it but she turned it over to her supervisor. Once it was switched over to her supervisor, they got in touch with everybody they needed to get in touch with and it was done.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I really like Vanderbilt Mortgage. My mother and I were getting a mobile home and were told that we were going through Vanderbilt Mortgage. The first call from them was great. They stayed in touch with us while in the loan process. They were polite and answered all our questions. And when we called them, they made sure that we got our answer. They might’ve put us on hold to talk to someone, but they helped us. At first, we had one rep but she couldn’t be with us anymore. Then we had another one. I also talked to some guy. All of them were professional. There was a lot I didn’t understand, but they helped me. If I didn’t understand something, they broke it down for me to understand.

When we first started, they went by my mother’s and my income. They gave us the numbers and how much to come down with. We were gonna use repo mobile home for the down payment and then $4,000 to go with the repo. They said yes at first, but a couple of weeks later, the numbers changed. About every two weeks, somebody called me and said that the numbers changed. Then it went up more money, then they called me back. It changed five times.

I thought that we would never get the mobile home because we didn't have $11,000. Also, our first payment is in the first week of March. I had talked to someone about a month ago and the lady said they were gonna mail us something about where to go and what to put on the money order, but I have not received anything. I was satisfied with everything else though.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

My experience with Vanderbilt Mortgage has been really good although I’m still new with them. The application process was really fast and it was not a long and drawn-out. I received a partial approval and did the steps. It all happened quickly and I was not sitting here wondering if I was getting it or not. So, it was good. I had to go and re-sign everything again with the company that I went through on Vanderbilt’s behalf because there was a change to my loan. It was not bad nor an inconvenience and it was because the delivery date on my home got postponed, so they had to change some stuff.

I liked how Natasha from Vanderbilt called me. I'm a first-time home buyer, never bought anything big like this so I'm not familiar with terms and the process. She went over what the steps were and some of the things that were covered. Then, she emailed me immediately my documents for me to sign. I received it and she was great. On a loan, for something that big, I wanna be able to talk to one specific person about it. So, it was nice and it made it a lot easier.

Everything was clear during the lending process and Vanderbilt told me everything that I needed. I didn't know that I was responsible for installing power, but it was fine. The message was clear and I got it installed with the power company. I walked in off the street and I wasn't sure if I would qualify for anything. I've been through a lot of really tough stuff in my life and I'm just me by myself and I never thought I would be able to own my own home or property, and Vanderbilt made that possible. So, I really like the company. It’s a company I would definitely use.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vanderbilt Mortgage?

Original review: May 22, 2020

The Vanderbilt Mortgage rep that helped me with the home loan process was great. But I’m trying to get my insurance changed over. So Vanderbilt is waiting on me because I’m trying to get in touch with my insurance agent.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I got Vanderbilt through the trailer company and the application process went smoothly. The rep took care of everything for me with no problems and everything worked out good for us. Vanderbilt got us the home that we wanted and we haven’t had any complaints about them so far.

Original review: May 17, 2020

My mother said I wouldn't have any problems with Vanderbilt and I never did. Their application process was easy and didn't even take 20 minutes. My loan rep was all right. If I ever need them to call me back, it would be good. My rep was a really nice guy and helped us through everything. It was easy communicating with him until we signed the papers. In the beginning, he did really well with everything we had questions about. But we can't get any calls back now. My girlfriend had called in three or four times and we left the messages. Other than that, we got a lot model and I love the quality of the build. It's really good. The whole process took about two months with everything.

Original review: May 16, 2020

The application process with Vanderbilt was easy. It took about a month from the time that we started until we signed the papers. Everything was fine. The people that worked with me were really good. They were really professional.

Original review: May 12, 2020

Everybody from Vanderbilt Mortgage has been really helpful all the way through. The application process went well. Everything is okay.

Vanderbilt Mortgage Company Information