CitiMortgage

Compare Mortgage Companies

Research top Mortgage Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

After my husband and I refinanced our mortgage from 30 to 15 years, our mortgage was sold to CitiMortgage. We paid our mortgage monthly-- plus a little additional on the principal-- without fail, for 15 years. Our last payment was due on 6/1/17 and we sat down together to pay it online only to find that CitiMortgage would not let us do that. We called customer service where we were told we had to pay an additional fee for our mortgage payoff. We agreed to pay that fee (not happily) and were told payment could not be accepted over the phone, that we had to mail a check. We were forced to mail the check FedEx to make our 6/1 deadline. Fedex notified us the check was delivered on 6/1.

On 5/31 we received a letter from CitiBank that our mortgage had been "purchased, assigned, or transferred" to CitiMortgage... the exact same address we had been paying to for 15 years, yet, technically, all we owed was our last payment and that check was in the mail. I have logged onto our mortgage account with CitiMortgage and the balance reads "0" even though our checkbook balance does not reflect the processing of our check. CitiMortgage's treatment of its clients is rude, confusing, and demoralizing. We would not recommend doing business with this company and wait anxiously for our check's cancellation.

I wanted to give it "Zero" stars, but I had to select 1-5, so that's the only reason for one star. Home flooded in August 2016 in South Louisiana. CitiMortgage gladly took my insurance check. Went through hell to have our home repaired dealing with crooked contractor. We had a 100% completion inspection on 4/13. It was usually an ordeal to get a draw from CitiMorgage. For final draw we had to jump through their hoops and have forms notarized at our expense. They received all forms on 5/11. No check arrived. I called on 5/26 and was told that they sold my account and the new mortgage company would take over 6/7. This still gave them time to send me my own money. But, CitiMortgage said they wouldn't and I would have to take it up with the new mortgage company.

CitiMortgage holds your own insurance money hostage. This is insurance you pay for, but CitiMortgage does not care. They hold your money hostage and make earnings off of it. Then they make you jump through hoops and waste your own money notarizing their forms. All delay tactics so they can hold your money hostage for longer so they can earn more money off of it. Then they sell it to another company and use that as another delay for you not getting your own money while they hang onto to it for a little longer so they can squeeze out more earnings from it.

Needless to say, I still do not have my money. The new mortgage company does not have my money or all of my account information or any of my claim documentation from CitiMortgage. So the new mortgage company cannot get me my money because CitiMortgage still has it. So, CitiMortgage has all the notarized forms they required I provide and they have my insurance money, yet they refuse to send it to me. CitiMortgage is as crooked as they come.

CitiMortgage took over my original mortgage. Not only did CitiMortgage "fail" to have me sign new papers with them, they secretly changed my initial mortgage plan agreement. For example with my original mortgage company I could pay my mortgage payment online and not be charged for online processing. Additionally I had up to midnight of the 15th of each month to pay my mortgage - nonlate penalties. CitiMortgage denied all of that.

Also when I told CitiMortgage that I am a disabled veteran and can no longer live in my home CitiMortgage said for me to lease my home to a renter. I said, "That's against my mortgage loan." They said, "So, you're not living in it." I then explained to them that I'm not stooping to their underhanded character by secretly renting which is going against my mortgage loan. Then I asked CitiMortgage for the HARP. They denied me. Then I found out that CitiMortgage filed a Foreclosure against my credit "without" me knowing anything period. Stay away from CitiMortgage because they're practicing ILLEGAL & UNETHICAL mortgage loan practices.

CitiMortgage never was willing to help nor work with disabled veterans. Their information to their mortgage customers never remained consistent and truthful. It's not until the customer is totally done that CitiMortgage tries to work with the customer. But by then it's too late because the customer has moved out of the mortgaged property. My house was upside down and CitiMortgage refused to work with me. I never ever will do any form of business with CitiMortgage ever again.

I had been an excellent customer for CitiMortgage. I never missed a payment. I decided that since they knew I was a great customer I would use them to refinance for a lower interest rate (thinking it would be an easy process). I called and was preapproved easily and was told the process would be easy and relatively fast. I began the process of gathering the paperwork needed. I gathered all that was required... or so I thought. Then they asked for more. And more! And months later more. They even asked for information that was impossible to obtain! (And they were well aware of the impossibility.)

I began to think I needed to start this process with a different company as Citi seemed to be making this as hard as they could. I looked on the internet at reviews and found a company that had the greatest satisfaction. To make a very long story short, I was able to easily get the loan approved. I signed the papers within half the time I had been working with Citi and now have my loan with the highly rated company. I had told Citi when I started with the "new" company, that I would go to another loan company if they didn't quit playing games with me.

Meanwhile Citi Mortgage was still insisting I give them information that was impossible to get so they could approve my loan... You need to know that I have a net worth of way more than what is needed for a loan of the amount I was requesting. I could have just paid off the original loan but didn't choose to because it is business property.

I kept trying to work with Citi as I completed the loan process with a "new" loan company because I really wanted to know if they would ever refinance me. I didn't hear anything positive from them. They just kept asking for more information. The very day that Citi Mortgage was paid off by my new company I got emails asking for more information. I wrote them a long email explaining that I had obtained a refinance in half the time and with half the paperwork needed from me. About a week later they emailed me that I had been approved for the refi. REALLY!! My experience with CitiMortgage was horrible, very stressful, and I would NEVER use them or recommend them to anyone. They treat a good customer as if they are not worth the time.

I have been trying to get a mortgage modification for two years. CitiMortgage cancelled the application 4 times supposedly because I did not file or deliver documents on time, I have no sufficient income etc. I have proof of all sent documents, conversations and dates. I could not make any more payments beginning this year. Now CitiMortgage is calling me to pay the bill but at the same time they did not know that I am under a mortgage modification application. I communicate that to the person that called, gave her the contact person in charge of my case and told me she would be the only contact and that she would call back in the next days. Outrageous.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiMortgage?

We refinanced our home with Quicken Loans. There was a misunderstanding when it came to paying off Citi. Ended up that Quicken sent them the payoff, while I also sent them the payoff. When contacting Citi about this mistake, their records showed they received my payoff but not Quicken's. Several days later they said they had not received my payment or Quicken's (but showed a zero balance). Quicken finally found that Citi had received their payoff but not mine. After several calls, they found my payoff, but would not be able to refund the payoff until the 20th (approximately 30 days later). It's now the 24th, and I'm still waiting for the refund. I'm guessing if the tables were turned, they would not be as understanding I'm being forced to be.

If you are considering a CitiMortgage, think again. I did a loan modification with them; they lost all my documents 3 times, and I had to submit a fourth time. It took over 7 years for them to finalize the loan modification and they only lowered my mortgage by $100.00 despite my being eligible for a HARP program. Furthermore, after I received my loan modification, I realized that my principal was increased over $100,000.???

I am presently trying to obtain my 1098 form for tax purposes; the tax deadline is tomorrow. I called last week to request it be sent via email. I looked in my Inbox and in Spam and nothing arrived, so I called today. I have been transferred 3 times and have been holding over 15-20 minutes between each time. I was finally transferred one last time, but the department is now closed.

Customer service is not helpful; it seems they read from scripts and prefer to transfer, stating each time that they cannot provide information, but the next department to which I will be transferred can. And then I must hold and be transferred ad nauseam. Oh, by the way, I tried setting up an account online. When I got to the last set up account page, it stated I could not access my mortgage online. CitiMortgage is horrendous. Avoid them at all costs.

I bought a house in 2004 with another company not Citi as my lender. That company sold my mortgage to Citi. At the time of closing our house sold for 130,000. 13 years later after we have paid 150,000 we still owe 150,000. We are not giving them another dime. We are giving them their house back in foreclosure and we don't care. No wonder they were forced to close all their offices all over world. Unfair business practices.

I have had 4 contracts on my home in the last 2 years... Each and every offer was turned down by Citi. The last one was April 15, 2017 for 175,000. The bank counter for 189,000, the buyer came up to 180,000. The bank said they wanted 188,500 the buyer walked... With this I'm walking away from this house. I will let it fall down before I have any more contact with this lender...

My loan was sold to Fay Servicing from CitiMortgage for 1 year and CitiMortgage bought it back??? Since CitiMortgage bought it back I have had nothing but problems. I got a foreclosure notice certified mail for 3 months of payments and I have paid 2 months. I have been contacting them to straighten it out and I am getting very frustrated. I received a notice that my house insurance was lapsing and that my taxes weren't paid. I called about my insurance and they explained oops it was a mistake and probably Fay Servicing should have paid it. I don't think so. It was due in January and that is when Citi took it back which means it is Citi's mistake. Then I received a notice in the mail that my taxes weren't paid either. Since it was a Saturday when I received the notice I tried to call which the billing statement says they are open on Saturdays but apparently that is so. So I tried the chat room, they insisted that they aren't supposed to pay my taxes.

Now I'm really upset. Why then are they taking X amount of dollars out for just my insurance??? What do they plan on doing with the excess amount??? I told the chat room to forget it and I was going to talk to someone via a phone call. Mind you I was very ticked off at this point. I finally got a human on the phone and they were so sorry for the mix up. But meanwhile I am charged 37 for a penalty for my taxes. Of course that is coming out of my escrow, shouldn't that be their expense??

When I received notice that I owed 3 months that was the last straw. I went to my financial institution and they verified that yes the payments were paid to Citi. And that they tried to collect 2 more times causing 2 more overdraft charges to my account. These were unauthorized attempts. Isn't that illegal? I can't seem to find an attorney to touch this. Apparently everyone is scared of such a large corporation. They told me at the last phone call to get back to them in 2 weeks. They are going to investigate. I have a feeling it's not going to be in my favor. But I do have my credit union to back my payments and their attempts unauthorized. I think this is going to be a long battle. I wouldn't recommend any Citi group to anyone. My life is being consumed with trying to prove I'm right.

I had a 1st mortgage with CitiMortgage, that I never made a late payment on, for 10 years. I decided to refinance for a lower rate and decided to go with Citi, since I had been a customer for 10 years and thought it would make the process easy and fast. WRONG. It took 5 long months to get the approval. I would NEVER recommend that anyone ever obtain a mortgage with Citi. It was the worst financial transaction I ever experience in my 60+ years.

One of the worst experiences I have ever had with a refinance. They will lie to you, they will take money from you, get nothing in return. They will drag it out for 3 months. As soon as they get you for 800.00 or more they will tell you that you don't have good enough credit. I have a score of 780 and I've been making mortgage payments to them for 10 years and no missed or late payments. I guess I will try to refinance somewhere else.

Getting into details about CITI Mortgage and their loan assistance refinance, hardship program. About 7 months ago I lost my job, we used my savings to try and stay afloat but unfortunately could not. We contacted CITI Mortgage right away before we were close to being in the rears and attempted to make arrangement. But they told me unless I was actually behind they could not help me, in addition they said I didn't make enough money to defer the loan payment. Go figure. I am attempting to do right and they won't help.

So once we were behind, we contacted them again and spoke with an agent and starting making arrangements. This took us about 6 weeks to get all the paperwork filed. Then we all of a sudden we got a new agent. Total loss on this second agent, we gave her direct phone number to contact but she refused to call them instead she called one of my cell phones which is not on during the day, it's in a secure area. When we did get a hold of her she had us redo all the paperwork again, and in the meantime falling behind on second mortgage. This repeated twice with this agent, with no calls from her or incorrect calls.

5 months later it was escalated because nothing was done on the account except to the primary mortgage. We spoke to another agent in the escalation department and within a week we made arrangement, she told us we could make double payments on the primary account, catch it up and then she could restructure the second.

4 weeks later we made our double payments got the primary taken care of and contacted the 3rd agent. She no longer has the account and it has been escalated again to the recovery department. Now we found out from a third agent she had no authority to make the offer and is no longer in the department and my second mortgage was sent to CITI Recovery going into Charge off. Contacted that department attempted to make arrangements again and was told that they would send me paperwork in two days, I can submit my pay statements, offer letter and we can make arrangements.

4 days later I contacted them because I have no mail from them on what needs to be filled out and now I find out the sent it to a third party. Now I am in process of submitting a formal request to CITI, I may get a lawyer, to request written history of all transactions, email, phone call with CITI. Here is what they said, "They will research your request and send you a response back. Please continue to work with the recovery department." CITI Bank is the most deceiving, lying, misrepresentation of a mortgage company I have ever seen. Their staff is incompetent, unworthy of being called homeowner agent and should be looked into for illegal practices.

I took out a loan with CITI against a house I inherited to start a business. They had someone come to the house to "appraise it". They went to the property to "evaluate" the value, did not call me, they merely drove halfway down the driveway in the dead of winter and took pictures out of the car window! I have the pictures to prove it. Parts of the house was built in the 1920's and added on to several times! They didn't even talk to me, they just gave the money, $132,000, I made interest payments on time for 10 years, to the total of over $45,000, plus they charge $50 a month just for having given me a loan!

My business failed after 7 years and had to file bankruptcy, chapter 13 and had to pay for 5 years of lawyer fees in which after the bankruptcy, they tripled my payment and told me I was behind in my payments. They said they would pay the property taxes and flood insurance and just add it to the end of my loan, never happened. I called about a loan modification, sent them all the documents and was told they did not receive them or they were incomplete, so I re-sent them.

This has been going on for over a year and are now threatening to foreclose or due a short sale. Now I have moved to the executive level and are asking for the information again! I wrote that my payments now should be applied to the principal only, I mean they already took $45,000! CITI has had so many lawsuits against them, yet they are still allowed to conduct business and take everyone's money, "Pay or we take it away." I am my wits end, these people professional criminals and are getting away with it!

I say let's band together and raise awareness to this incompetent, fraudulent, thieving, corrupt, ruthless corporation. I think we should file a Class Action suit! Anybody in? I'm also going to write to the news stations, maybe even The President! I've already wrote to my Attorney General, as you all should do for a start, they got the ball rolling for me. CITIMortgage needs to be accounted for this criminal conduct! Many of you have been going through this hell for years, it's time to let it be heard how fraudulent this company is!

After spending a month fighting with my insurance company over a claim regarding storm damage to an out building Citimortgage will not release the funds as the check was made out to myself and them!!! They first asked for a copy of the claim and then said they would release funds. Then they asked for paid receipts, then more information... Everyday it changes and they said they didn't get the last information and then state, "Oh yes we found it but require more."

Our home is currently worth 600k and we only own 80k on the loan (plan on paying it off asap as we've had it with CitiMortgage). The claim was on a outbuilding shop that has nothing to do with the main structure and they were suppose to do a waiver for that fact but once again that information is lost and they are asking for more documents they already have!!! The insurance check was suppose to be to pay for the damage; now I have personally paid for everything and they still will not sign off the check.

I am a purchaser of double wide mobile home, $44,000.00 with trade of a single wide trailer. I purchased in 1990 in May on 15 year mortgage, it was set up and after all putting together we finally moved into the new place. I made payments on a regular monthly until I had to get a car for work. I refinanced my mobile home and was given a refinance loan for approximately for 7000 _ dollars. I do not know how my balance went to $103,000.00 dollars. My payments were over $849.00 dollars a month. I made the payments with a 2 week salary, there was a occasion of several times I had to make payments on other bills, I would talk to CitiMortgage and they would tell me it would be deferred. I had no idea what deferral meant. I lost my job and was not able to find another person to hire me. The unemployment ran out and all money I had was the Social Security check and a $329.28 pension from my employer of 21 years of hard work.

I applied for Modification of my Mortgage. I sent any and every piece of paperwork, I did 3 different Trial Payments, Upon completing the trial payments, I began making payments on the modification. I had taxes and insurance in escrow. I went to the county tax office and due to age it was lowered. I am going into my 3% interest rate. All statements and information I received made as if I was an important clientele. Well it all broke loose on the 30th day of January, 2017. My payment had been withdrawn as always through electronic at Bank. For 01/01/2017 for $ 516.09, I did not understand if my interest rate went up why did the normal payment of $539.24 dollars. Not go up? Upon receiving a letter it would go up to $567.26 dollars per month. I thought the mortgage would be PAID FREE AND CLEAR IN 2018.

I have paid in excess of money to pay for a brick and mortar home. I got the modification and I thought I would be free to ownership in 2018. The trailer is old and mainly made from chip board. The front footage was a garden. For food. It has since grown up. The back is a hill gully. The land is a gift to her illiterate son whom cannot read nor write. I have nothing, just this worn out mobile home.

Upon receiving letters my mortgage had been sold, I do not know what is left to do. I have called CITIMORTGAGE INC. ALL I HEAR FROM THEM IS LIES. I have asked for payment to them until modification went through. I know I paid for $829.49 dollars monthly. I know I am not smart, I was always poor, but wanted better. CitiMortgage why? I am losing everything. Y'all have made a lot of money. The calls I have made and begged are for you and I can in mind feel you laugh. I wipe my tears for the almost 27 years I have paid on this home. Lord Jesus please help to me.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I applied at CitiMortgage for a refi on my house! It was the worst experience dealing with them! I did everything they wanted me to do when they requested documents. They never returned my phone calls, they waited to the last minute asking for documents which I sent plenty of times to them because they either lost them or they never received them! I have proof that they were received through all my fax receipts! I overnight the documents they requested, emails and even uploaded them on their website!! They wanted me to resend the documents so many times that I lost count! They would tell me they would call me back, they never did. I left many messages, they never returned my phone calls and when they did they were unprofessional very unprofessional!!

I would not recommend anyone going through CitiMortgage to refinance or to apply for a loan. It was a horrible experience!! I should've checked the reviews ahead of time. They are the worse!! They wasted my time and my money and on top of that they wanted more money because it was their fault that they didn't meet the deadline. Then to tell me that I was denied because I didn't have a bank account with Citibank to make my monthly mortgage payments!! I told him what does that have to do with anything. I pay cash and have all my receipts for every single payment. It wasn't good enough for them!! Now I know why I have Bank Of America!!

Citi is without a doubt one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. 8 yrs. ago I had open heart surgery, I stroked on the operating table lost my left side and my speech. Took a while to recover both but I regained everything. 7 mos. later found out I had lung cancer. Underwent surgery but recovery was a long process. Long story made shorter I used what money I had saved and kept my mortgage up to date till almost 2 yrs later. Not working I fell behind. I went to a HUD counselor who sent in a remodification package to CITI. Advised that it would take a while to do because there were so many applying. Kept checking back for a status and kept getting the same response.

Well this kinda worked for me since I was not working. As soon as I got back to work I contacted them. It was like I was lost in the pipeline or some hole. Had a great home support specialist who immediately sent me out a package to fill out... I did... then the nightmare started. Package after package, update after update months went into years. Then in 2015 they foreclosed after I said that they were a predatory servicer. I called Freddie Mac. Sent a package directly to them. Mind you I was pre qualified every time before another package was sent. 7 in all not counting continual updates. They told the woman at Freddie Mac if I got them 3 additional updates they would stay the sale. I went out that hour and got what they wanted.

Friday before the sale I started thinking this was going to go badly... Contacted an attorney and asked if I could fill out bankruptcy papers and if they did not do what they said could I file them on the day of the sale. He said yes. 1 hour before my house was sold I filed the bankruptcy papers. 2 days later they called my attorney and asked if they could speak to me because they had a complete refi package at the time of the sale... Talk about illegal... I have lived in this home for 47 yrs. Then they sold it to Selene Finance. Again a package was sent out. This time the refi was denied for income to debt ratio. I have no debt but they have added so many fees and charges that a home that I owed 100,000.00 on they want 167.000.00 for. Talk about a racket.

Selene bought the property for what was owed originally. Foreclosure and another bankruptcy to stop another sale. Where will this end up... Who knows? What I do know is I am not leaving my home quietly and I am not finished with Citi. Just do not know where to get any satisfaction. It is like a tag team... one gets tired and sells it to a even bigger dirt bag who in turn sells it to bottom feeders who wants to make a killing on flipped property. If anyone has anything going on against Citi or Selene Finance you can contact me at **. Maybe we should start a petition to Donald Trump on line. Don't get political about it... but we have to do something at least I do. The stress is killing me. I even told them I would commit suicide and have my ashes sprinkled in my back yard before I would give them this house... Not really but it sounded good at the time.

This company calls me every first of the month to pay my mortgage even though my check is on the way or was already cashed. Citi has the worst customer service and a recording is calling me every first of the month! Called them to stop calling me since I have 16 days grace period. Unfortunately they are still doing this crap. I told them there's no way to lose this house with 150k equity. IF YOU DON'T WANT ANY HARASSMENT CALLS PLEASE DON'T DO WITH PIECE OF CRAP COMPANY!!!

CitiMortgage think they are ABOVE any and all government agencies that protect a consumers rights. I sent CitiMortgage a Qualified Written Request (QWR). It is your right to have the mortgage lender give you the required documentation. There are plenty of sites online that will give samples on how to write a QWR. I discovered a major flaw(s) in my "alleged" mortgage because of requesting my QWR and comparing the documents CitiMortgage sent me. Fraud the promissory note I did not sign. The name isn't spelled correctly... to say the least. Fraudulent documents are file in the County Clerk's Office.

Lies that begot other lies because departments within CitiMortgage do not communicate with each other so when you call to address the issue(s) you literally get the runaround. So do not waste your time, energy nor effort. Just send them correspondence with return receipt from the USPS about the issue. Wait for CitiMortgage to respond 7-10 business days (if they respond). Write a complaint to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and even the State Attorney General Office. Like I said, the departments do not communicate with one another so you will see various replies and numerous inconsistencies begin to emerge. CitiMortgage even ignored the CFPB but found out sooner or later you WILL have to answer.

We have had an adjustable rate mortgage with CitiMortgage for 10 years and have tried to secure a fixed rate which citimortgage will not do. We have never been late with a mortgage payment not once but they refuse to modify or fix the rate of interest never giving a reason why. I asked citimortgage to modify the mortgage to a fixed rate. They stated that we had never been late on a payment so we did not qualify for modification. All we wanted to do is fix the rate to a non adjustable one.

Okay, so if anyone does start a class action please let me know!! My husband and I would like to start ligation on them as soon as we can. We have had a house on a short sale in NM due the crash in the housing market out there. Well, the first buyer hung on for two months, but Citibank could not somehow come up with the Lien Release that they should have acquired when they took the loan over. Then our second buyer waited for ONE YEAR and still, Citi never got the required lien release stating they were having trouble locating the document and got their legal dept involved.

After the second buyer dropped the sale, which I could not blame them, the third buyer signed on for 45 days only. I called the title company that should have had the lien release, I secured it within 5 minutes sent the copy to CitiMortgage AND their attorneys and STILL the sale did not go through and we lost our third buyer. No one wants to purchase the home now since it takes so long to get this to go through, and CitiMortgage is now requesting us to resubmit paperwork AGAIN!!! I am so tired of this and now the house will most likely go into foreclosure. So, again, if anyone is going to do a Civil Action suit against them please let me know, we have all our documentation and emails to show their lack of anything!!

DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH CITIMORTGAGE. We have been CitiMortgage customers for years. Started a refinancing Aug 11, 2016. We have a great credit score and were conditionally approved. And then the nightmare began. We were asked for and provided right away tons of documents, some of which no mortgage company ever requested before. They requested the same information over and over again because they couldn't find it or became outdated. We started with one personal processor, she went on maternity leave, somebody else took over. He went on vacation in the middle of Dec 2016, haven't heard from him since. A third person took over, filling in for him.

Every 2 weeks someone looks in our file and requests a document, we provide it right away and don't hear from them for a while. I am wondering how long this will go on? It's been 5 months and I don't see the end of it. We have owned a few properties, refinanced them a few times. I have never heard of or known of anyone refinancing for 5 months. We haven't closed yet and I am not sure if we ever will. It's a huge waste of time, energy and money. It's a big scam. I don't know how they are still in business.

My wife and I have been existing mortgage clients with Citi for many years. We received a flyer in August to consider refinancing to reduce our payment. Great. We began the process the first week in Sept. WE just received a formal declination this afternoon 5 months from beginning from Chad **, Texas and his boss Troy, O'Fallon MO that they couldn't make this work. THEY HAVE LIED TO US as it turns out from the beginning. Promise after promise that we would get this done, no problem. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH CITIMORTGAGE. We are now beginning the process of formal litigation and perhaps a class action case in Calif. with the Atty General's help.

We have had a CitiMortgage home loan for years. We were hoping to refinance with Citi. We started the process on July 1, 2016 and have not closed. We have been conditionally approved for months. We have stellar credit scores and have sent in all necessary work, but they always find something else they need us to fax in or prove to them. What a joke! It has been 5 months. I do not see how the company has survived.

It is hard to put into words how terrible this experience has been. I have never had worse customer service anywhere (and I am usually pretty easy to please). Long story short buyers are in the process of assuming mine and my husband's loan. The first thing is that they lied when I contacted them about it. They told me it was an easy process and the only money that they took was $500 and that covered everything. They also told our buyer that. It is not the truth but when you find out about other fees you are too far in the process to stop. Also, they will not talk to you until you file some kind of complaint and bug them to death.

When you finally have a contact person, you can reach them by email and you usually get a response that will just shut you up for a few more weeks until you call or email again. Before we finally had a contact person you would get a different operator every time you called and they would tell you something different and would not let you speak to anyone else. They also lied about receiving documents and had trouble finding things we sent because they were in some kind room where all the mail is. This all has been going since the beginning of June. At one point this week we thought we were close to the end, then they want to re-do something they have already done. I am sure that comes with a fee. This is never-ending and we are tired! This is just the watered down version of the nightmare. What really bothers me is that I did not choose Citi. They bought out our loan from another lender.

Mortgage Shoppers beware and read all the fine print. CitiMortgage will try to charge any and all fees they can including a $25 fee to fax a payoff statement. They will charge this fee multiplied by the number of faxes they send. The customer service I received was awful and this was the worst loan experience I have ever had with any Mortgage Company. If this company is the only one who will do your mortgage then wait to buy a house until someone else can help you. And in case you were not aware they are NOT accredited with the BBB. I wonder why?!?!

Divorced 2007. I got the house my ex got the payments. Mortgage loan in his name only. Property in my name only. Ex quit making payments in September of 2013. I found out just before Thanksgiving 2013. I caught the payments up. Been making ever since. Fell behind Oct 2015 after a job change. Took out a loan on my Yukon December 1, 2015 to catch payments up on house. Citi Mortgage rep Margaret ** said Citi couldn't help me if I could make my house payment. I told her how I got the money. She stated she would delete the very large payment I had just made and send me the paperwork to file for remodification. Now remember my name is not on the mortgage. So I received the email from Ms ** with all the documents I needed to fill out plus the documents that I needed to send in.

Sent it all in and a little over 2 months later, now February 2016, and two representative changes later, Citi Mortgage declined my loan remodification because "my name is not on the loan." Citi stated they didn't know my name wasn't on the loan, they didn't know my ex and I were divorced. Wrong! They were looking at the loan information for my home. They also had an Authorization on file from my ex so they could discuss the loan with me. And, they have a copy of the divorce decree - they asked for it in the first email Ms ** sent along with the Quit Claim Deed conveying my ex's interest in the home to me.

I asked to speak to a department manager - not a peon. So Ashley came on the line. I asked why Make ** would delete the payment that caught my account up to offer me a loan remodification she knew I wouldn't qualify for because my name wasn't on the loan? Ashley stated they - Citi r Drrps are not allowed to dissuading potential customers even if they know they don't qualify.

Instead of being $821 per month before the remodification started in December 2015 my payments went to just over $1000 per month for 6 months to catch the payments up. I couldn't make them either so long about May or June of 2016, Citi assigned Melanie ** as my account rep. Ms ** offers a loan remodification. I'm like "how's this going to end any differently than the last one?" Ms ** says "I'm at the executive level and we can do more at this level than at Ms **'s level. " Needless to say, it didn't end any differently with the exception of a couple of twists.

First, my ex had to sign all of the paperwork too. Melanie stated the remodification would have been approved the first time if this had been done - no one mentioned that to me. Remodification declined. Same reason as first time PLUS additional reasons: my ex doesn't live in the house was one reason and Citi stated they didn't feel I could catch the payments up in 6 months was another. If you are accepted for a remodification do you catch the payments up in 6 months? I didn't think this was how it worked. Difference in my income? I went from $1100 week salary to $1700 biweekly on workmans comp. Payment is $815.66 per month for mortgage.

Citi has been absolutely no help and has lied to me repeatedly. They sent an inspector out. I called FHA trying to get some help. 800 number rep took my info and stated someone would call me. She did. She stated Citi is sending the inspector out to verify whether or not my ex lives at the residence - and that was exactly the question he asked. She also stated that once Citi was certain my ex does not live here that Citi would take my house away from me. She suggested I started stock piling money and quit making the house payments. I'm serious as a heart attack and swear that is what she told me. Citi has known for 2 years that my ex does not live here. I give. I don't know what to do. If I make the payments due on the mortgage and Citi takes my house because my ex doesn't live here I'm hating it. I don't know what to do. But I do know Citi has lied to me and jerked me around for almost a year now. Help!

I have had 2 second mortgages with them for 14 years. I have never missed a payment like many of the other reviewers, and like many other reviewers find, they have made "errors" which inflict false fees which inflict late payments. Then to get these resolved they bend you over the barrel for about 6 months trying to resolve it. I too don't believe these guys are running a kosher business and if any class action suits arise, I have lots of paperwork and phone records to add to the mix.

I had CitiMortgage for 10 years. I wanted to refinance due to the low rates. They made the experience terrible. At the time my top credit score was 808. However after 5 months CitiMortgage was still not able to give me a closing date nor an estimated closing date. It’s unclear why they took so long because they never gave an explanation. When a person is paying $5000 (nyc) in closing cost part of what is expected is customer service. 5 months to process a refi with the same mortgage co you’re with for 10 years, with no explanation is unreasonable. I’m definitely looking to do business with a company that appreciates it. CitiMortgage needs to learn to do better by their long time customers.

CitiMortgage Company Profile