2. Mortgages

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.08/5
Based on 1,224 ratings submitted in the last year

CitiMortgage is the lending branch of Citigroup. It offers home loans ranging from conventional to FHA products. Its rates are fairly affordable when compared with other lenders, but mortgage rates vary depending on your situation. It provides cashback and rewards programs and closing cost credits for some borrowers.

CitiMortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiMortgage?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiMortgage?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

So my loan started off with CitiBank which provided top notch service with my mortgage and customer service but then they transferred my loan to a subsidiary called Cenlar (still owned by Citi) and I had a few issues including 2nd rate Customer service compared to Citi and errors on my Credit report that I had to dispute.

Original review: March 3, 2020

They were so easy to work with. It was incredible! I have tried to work with other companies but they were way too complicated! Repetitive questions and overkill with the paperwork! Citi Mortgage was very easy to work with!

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 2, 2020

I have had loans with them in the past. They are good. Great customer service and will treat you like family..They are a top ten to me. They work with you to help you get the loan you need and the payment are in your budget. I love doing business with them.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

1. See all consumer review with CENLAR, you will understand what this trick is.

2. DO NOT BELIEVE "EARLY TERMINATION FEE" THEY CLAIMED BEFORE YOU SIGN CONTRACT, BELIEVE WHAT YOU READ ON CONTRACT;

3. Cenlar will be your nightmare after CITI signed the contract with you and transfer the loan to CENLAR.

Original review: July 22, 2020

Inferior and unprofessional customer service. I wonder why CitiMortgage put an unprofessional person to assist a customer. CitiMortgage is losing a customer because of those poorly qualified people. They better take action! The rude lady national... ID number is **. She does not deserve to be servicing a customer.

Original review: July 21, 2020

Financed home in 1992 with a company that "sold" the mortgage prior to 1998 to CitiMortgage. Refinanced with CitiMortgage in 1998. When selling home in 2020 we find out that proper lien release was not filed for the 1992 loan when CitiMortgage paid off their own loan. Money had to be placed in Escrow if we wanted to sell the house without a clear title. Dozens of emails from me and the closing agent at our title company and 2 months later we still have not been notified by Citi that this lien release has been properly filed so that we can get our funds from Escrow.

Original review: June 19, 2020

Citi mortgage is awful. We tried to pay off our mortgage and they would not let us see. Had to certified check. They send us the amount left and asked if we knew what day we pay it off. How do we know until we get the statement. Because of interest stupid lady on the other end said got to pick a date then 22 dollars for that paper. We then have to wire transfer the money and if it's not done right a few is involved. That not all. It has to be approved by Citibank. We are So very very angry that we can't just send our last payment to them. It's now costing us over a hundred dollars they are charging us and if they don't approve it or it's not the specific amount they will send it back and charge us 200 hundred dollars. What company. They scam people. Something gotta be done about this company.

Original review: April 3, 2020

The representatives not easy to work and too complicated! I have to repeat the questions and did not got any answers! CitiMortgage representatives need to listen more and redirect customer to the right departments.

Original review: March 13, 2020

Unprofessional, took months to get it set on automatic payments which resulted in late fees and a mark on my credit score. There is no branch or human person to talk to in the I'll area. They barely speak English.

Original review: March 8, 2020

Next time I decide to finance anything probably will be with another company! That's all! Would not recommend them..I a very bad experience from start to finish! Not very understanding and lies to customers...Once again that's all that I'm saying....

CitiMortgage Company Information