1.17/5
Based on 415 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a mortgage lender?

986 CitiMortgage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I have been in my home for 18 years, during that time CitiMortgage purchased my loan in 2006 which has been a pain in the butt. The first problem was when I switch insurance companies and I received a reimbursement check. Once I mailed the check into CitiMortgage the fund was applied to my late fees which should went to the escrow account which made my house payment go up additional $350 something I could not afford. I call CitiMortgage several times stating there had been a mistake and was told they can apply my money any way they want to.

The second problem was in 2017 the company stop mailing me statements (it's the voucher you receive each month stating how the funds were applied to the account and the amount received each month) which did not make sense. They continue to cash my checks without providing me with a statement. I call them and they stated I would need to request a statement. Why would I need to request a billing envelope and coupon if you have had my loan for 10 plus years? I am very unhappy with this company would not recommend this company to anyone. They’re just as bad as Wells Fargo. Customer are the reason you’re (CitiMortage) in busy.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I was processing a home mortgage with less than 20% down. So I attended a mandatory 1st time home buyers workshop for general information about getting a loan. There I met a CitiBank lender, Sandy ** , NMLS ID: **, (Aka Sandolio **) that a after a very brief talk, mostly pushing his Citibank loans programs, encourage some of us to apply with Citi (he interviewed everyone in that room about income, debts and assets). To make the story short, So I applied, got a pre qual and approval. The problem started later when he referred me to his friend a Realtor, Aricides **.

I told him I would go with my own realtor, but he kept insisting that I use his friend Aricides ** since he was the only who had knowledge about houses and zip codes that would qualify me for Citibank program "Homerun" where they promise low down payment, no points, and no PMI. I told him that this was a red flag for me that's I would not continue. Also, I have a score of 820 with no credit card debt and still my interest was being quoted at 4.625 and APR of 4.92** and with 5% down even though I had at least %10, anyway stay clear of him and perhaps CitiBank. I believe what he was doing is illegal, don't have the time to find out. Stay clear of doing business with him.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I refinanced my original 30 year mortgage to a 15 year mortgage in 2003. I paid it off early last year. During the entire length of the mortgage I had no problems whatsoever. I experienced hail damage to my roof at one point and my insurance company and I had to deal with CitiMortgage for the insurance payments. They were very eager to help and everything went smoothly. I recommend CitiMortgage 100%.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I have had my mortgage with Citi for 12 years. It wasn't the originator. Citi purchased the mortgage. For, probably, the first 7 years, or so, the company was a bloody nightmare. Of late, however, they seem to have gotten their act together. Of course, all I ever do is send them a monthly check. It seems, these days, to be sufficient. But before they settled down, they were extremely aggressive, and very obnoxious.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Received foreclosure papers for the week of May 7, 2018, but CitiMortgage Website Account and PNC Personal Bank Account verifies payments indeed have been "received, accepted, withdrawal and cashed" for home loan ** by CitiMortgage. I called CitiMortgage in the morning of 5/15/2018 to the phone 866-272-4749. According to the CitiMortgage Foreign Representative, "no payments have been accepted, cashed or documented in database" since November 2017. Again, the CitiMortgage Foreign Representative stated, "No payments have been received for loan ** for over 7 months." I verified and validated loan data account numbers with the rep. I verified loan account on CitiMortgage's website. Their own data contradicts itself. See attached file for clear proof of FRAUD.

Now, my home is in foreclosure action with Cuyahoga County Municipal Court for Civil Foreclosure Case **. I called the Cleveland Court System to verify and get a copy of the summons stating, no payments have been made in months. The CitiMortgage Foreign Representative stated, "All I can do is launch an investigation." Meanwhile, my home goes into FALSE FORECLOSURE. Looking for immediate assistance, And if not possible, looking for a Counter Lawsuit with Unwarranted Medical Expense Damage for constant vomiting and Lawyer Fee Compensation. Contact Tina ** and Mike ** at ** or **. Again, CitiMortgage's own data is in complete contradiction of itself on the CitiMortgage Website compared to the CitiMortgage Foreign Representative.

I will be homeless due to no family or friends if I cannot stop the foreclosure. The Cleveland Shelters have a waiting list. I will be on the streets living. Both my husband and I reside "live" on the property. My husband is and has been employed. On top of this, we made a payment on May 10, 2018, that has still not been credited to our web account or charged/cashed to our PNC account. The CitiMortgage also stated, "we have no acknowledgment of you or your husband calling about being concerned about your account." "We have no phone records of you calling making payment arrangements over the phone either." "We have no payments from last week in May 2018 either, according to our database." My husband called and mailed payment to CitiMortgage by USPS.

Updated on 06/06/2018: I compared "MY MORTGAGE" data section for (1) Last Paid Amount field, (2) Last Paid Date field and (3) Next Payment Due Date. All information is incorrect. On June 1, 2018, the web data stated, "Next Payment Due Date 11/01/2017." Again, in 2018, it states that our next payment due date is 11/01/2017. Wouldn't it be June/01/2018??? I want to inform the public that there is no way you, as a consumer could possibly manage your mortgage effectively when the company doesn't even know what year or month it is. Why is this acceptable to consumers?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiMortgage?

Original review: April 21, 2018

Sadly I’ve been with Citi mortgage way too long. I don’t know how I ended up with these crooks. I had ABN Amro and they were bought out by Citi without notification!! My frustration with Citi I had two major crisis in my life that left me with no other than to request a modification. I was diagnosed with a disabling progressive aggressive Multiple Sclerosis, following this my husband suddenly died at the age of 39. With all this going on I requested a modification. I was deemed unemployable and had to take a early retirement and Social Security. To make things even worse is I had 8 different specialist. My paperwork was being passed around to all these different homeowner specialist and LOST.

Finally I have a specialist that sounds positive and knows what is going on? Just then a letter was sent to me saying they have all the documents necessary. No need for anything further! I was relieved. But then she started asking for the same redundant documents that I had sent numerous Times!! I had no choice but to hire an attorney that I can’t afford. I have been putting my health on hold to deal with these lying idiots! A WORD OF ADVICE. NEVER DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY! ❌❌‼️ THEY ARE FRAUDS‼️

Original review: April 21, 2018

Where to begin with this company. My husband owns a house with his friend; over a year go my husband's friend passed away. The house had been a rental a property at that point as they were both in the military and stationed elsewhere since they bought the house. When he passed away one of the things Citi told my husband that it would be easier if the house was empty then as soon as everything was approved for the bank to take possession of the house they wouldn't have to wait for the lease to be up.

After the lease was up a month later the house stayed empty; the bank did could board the house up. Since then my husband has submitted paperwork every other week sometimes the same documents over and over and with them telling him that our taxes were done wrong and that we need to redo them. At least twice a month he gets a paper in the mail saying he has been reassigned to a new person. It has gotten so bad that he got in the mail an appraisal for somebody else house in the mail with all their information on it. Every month he has been submitting his LES to keep the paperwork current so it doesn't "expire" and have to start again.

Now a year plus later it finally gets to the underwriter and underwriter is asking him for the same documents he filled out to start the process. Of course, you can never talk to anybody. You have to email them, set up a phone call, and then wait for them to call you. He never even got phone call or email response back when he notified them that he received an appraisal for some other person's home. For the last year he has been making payments keeping it current. This is on top of the rent we pay for where we are stationed now.

It is getting frustrating just mentally for him to relive his friend's death every time he gets a piece a paper in the mail with both their names on it and financially for us it takes a whole paycheck to pay the mortgage and rent. This is by far the worst mortgage company ever. Both of us have owned homes with other mortgage companies and have sold them and never experienced anything like this. And to top it all off since the house has been sitting so long empty and we are not there to be able to check on it, we got a phone call today from the neighbor that it had been broken into and the fence had been destroyed.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Applied for a mortgage with CitiMortgage and was honest in that I needed to apply with the Freddie and Fannie new guidelines of "Excluding Debts Paid by others if you can show 12 month bank statements". The loan representative said (1) my loan documents were not clear, so I resend them. (2) I would need to put 20% down instead of 10% and I said ok. (3) The new guidelines can only be used if the other person was a co-signer so I sent her the Freddie and Fannie new stipulation in writing saying that was not correct and finally (4) The manager had me send 12 months of canceled checks and bank statements matching bills paid - which I did! Finally, they told me they don't follow Freddie and Fannie! What a waste of time and how unprofessional. I am so glad I applied to two other banks of which I was approved. People stay far away from this place - no wonder they were sued. Scam artists FRAUD!!!

Original review: March 17, 2018

I was interested in refinance with Citibank. The loan officer was pleasant and we went over the needed information about the loan and I faxed all paperwork that was needed that day. WELL PLEASE READ THIS AND OTHER REVIEWS. I could not get the loan officer to respond to any emails or phone calls at all. I checked the website and says loan in process and every morning I would receive an email at 1:37 am that your documents are no longer available. Then I get a call from the appraiser. REALLY. I could not confirm if they received the papers I faxed. I called a manager which never called and a personal processor called me that could not answer a simple question and told me they need the paperwork and to call my loan officer that still has not responded.

Citi is looking to send the appraiser for 500 dollars and they know damn well they had no intentions of giving me that loan. This is a disgrace. NOBODY CALLS YOU BACK BUT THE APPRAISER. WHAT A SCAM. STAY FAR AWAY. Went elsewhere and all was done in two hours. Save your money. All they care is about a survey. Me and wife have great credit and with Citibank 20 years. No more.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I was a faithful customer with CitiMortgage. I paid off my mortgage five years earlier than my contract. On my last payment, Citi decided to sale my mortgage to another company. Instead of switching, I paid my mortgage off before the due date. It has now at the point where Citi is doing everything in their power to keep my escrow refund. They’ve “stooped” so low that they claimed that they already sent it and it was cashed already. Of course they are buying more time for you to fill out forms so that they can hold my money even longer. They sent a copy of the check and the signature (which appear to be different checks, with different numbers). No one at Citi can explain why the back of the check does not correspond to the front. However, they want to fill out a series of forms in order to prolong the period in which a very wealthy company like Citi can continue to hold on to the money of a customer. NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

In order to prevail in a court of law, CitiMortgage and their local attorneys committed fraud on the court by altering a sworn affidavit and adding a forged endorsement onto a fabricated note. I am in the process of suing the attorney who forged the affidavit and discussing the matter with the FBI who believes there is sufficient evidence of fraud to charge the attorney who participated in this fraud and forgery (prison and disbarment). CitiMortgage is aware that the attorney committed fraud but has not taken action. CitiMortgage has grown brazen with the belief that they can engage in fraud with impunity - that the courts will look the other way.

Fortunately for me, when you commit fraud on the record - it is much more difficult to get away with the crime or to claim plausible deniability. CitiMortgage operates as a criminal enterprise - therefore it is a criminal enterprise. Because of ongoing litigation and the fear of retribution I am unable to become a verified buyer - but I honorably promise I have had a mortgage with CitiMortgage for over a decade and it has been the most horrible decade of my life.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

My mother passed away on May 27, 2017 from injuries received in a home fire that destroyed her home which is financed by CitiMortgage. I filed a claim for her homeowners insurance the first business day after her death to avoid late payment and threat of foreclosure, exactly what is now occurring even though insurance paid the account in full back in June 2017. In mid June, the insurance adjuster requested payoff statement as of June 30th. Payoff statement was requested twice and received by insurance company on June 18, 3017. I received a letter from the insurance company on June 19, 2017 that payment had been made to CitiMortgage. Citimortgage later confirmed that they received on June 29th and deposited on June 30th.

On August 27th, I checked my mother's PO box and found past due notices from CitiMortgage. I called CitiMortgage on August 28th but they refused to give me any information because I was not an authorized user. Said I had to submit her death certificate and proof that I was her representative. This can only be done via mail. I mailed the requested information that day and waited for contact. I called CitiMortgage on October 1th and they still refused to give me information. Said they never received proof of death or that I was her representative. Mailed again on October 12th but this time via UPS so I would have evidence that they received.

I called CitiMortgage on October 26th and they will finally talk to me. Told me that, yes they had received the funds, but they didn't apply because they needed authorization to apply from me. My argument was how was I to know that since they wouldn't talk to me and the funds were clearly intended to be a payoff. Two hours later and several transfers back and forth between people that I'd already talked to, a customer service representative told me to send a copy of the June 30th payoff statement and the requested authorization to apply to the account. This was faxed on October 30th and I have confirmation of fax.

On November 9th the insurance section called and said that I still owed $1100. Keep in mind that this $1100 is late fees and interest on the account that they didn't apply the payment to and wouldn't give me information about. I reiterated that I didn't feel like I owed this money since insurance paid on June 30th. She transferred me to Bobbie, an account supervisor. Bobbie seemed very understanding, said she would send the file to the Client Advocacy Section and she would call me back. I later found out that CitiMortgage transferred the account to Mr Cooper on November 16th. On December 8th I received a letter from Mr Cooper that I owed $3500. How is this when a few weeks earlier it was $1100 in penalties and late fees. Well, it's because CitiMortgage still had not applied the insurance and sent the mortgage to Mr Cooper instead, whose automated message says that they are a debt collection agency.

I called Mr Cooper on December 9th as soon as the lines were open. Representative said this was a CitiMortgage issue and transferred me but stayed on the phone the whole time. Spoke with Bobbie (the same one from November 9th). She remembered me. After reviewing the records and notes said that this should never had gone to Mr Cooper. Again said that she would send to Client Advocacy and, if I didn't hear back from her by December 12th to give her a callback.

No return call from Bobbie so called her back on December 13th. She was offline (meaning not there) but an email was sent to her by the representative to have her call me.

I received a phone call from Bobbie on December 14th to tell me still no word from Client Advocacy so she was escalating to her supervisor and if she didn't get an answer she would escalate to Executive Supervisor. Said she would call me back on December 15th. No phone call so I attempted to call her today (December 19th) but was told she was offline (not at work) so spoke to someone else. This person is right back to where I was in October and said I would need to handle with Mr Cooper. She is the one that told me that the mortgage was sent to Mr Cooper on 11/16/17, the period that Bobbie and Client Advocacy was supposed to be working to resolve. Is this their resolution, passing the mortgage on to another company when they were supposed to be working with me?

Oh, and during all this time, CitiMortgage paid $1176 hazard insurance from escrow for a property that doesn't even exist. I am at my wit's end. The employees at CitiMortgage have been so unhelpful while they continue to tack on fees and threaten foreclosure. At this point I feel like that is exactly what they want, to foreclose on a property that should've been paid off in June. I'm now reaching out to anyone and everyone that I can think of to make my situation know, including my State and US representatives. CitiMortgage was ordered to pay over $28 million in fines earlier this year for unfair foreclosure practices. Obviously the fine meant nothing to them since they continue to give the runaround when under threat of foreclosure, and this property should be paid in full so it shouldn't even be under threat in the first place.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Horrible experience when our note came due. Was treated like a child from incompetent rude people. Made me jump thru hoops to gather tons of info just to be jerks and unsympathetic to my situation. We were always on time for payments. My husband lost his job and I became a caregiver for my parents. They rudely told me to get out and get a job and do a short sale on my home. All we wanted was a temporary reduction in our 2715.00 monthly payment to get on our feet. Made us feel like we were idiots! They have no compassion for anyone and didn’t even try to help in any way. The most horrible act that committed was all the time and calls they made me go thru before totally rejecting any help for us.

I am going to the media with this in hopes that horrible staff you have will not put anyone else thru this horrible experience. You should be ashamed of your actions. I will get the word out on how horribly your line of credit department treated us. You never bothered to apologize or return a call. Terribly unprofessional!!! Disappointment to the human race!!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I was only a total of $180 behind and had been making my regular payments with additional to catch up what I was behind. It was when Citi electronically cashed a check for more that it was written for. My bank reversed the charges and only credited them for the amount of the check that I provided from my duplicate carbon copy. After that Citi refused any additional payments and started me in the foreclosure process. I had tried several times to have a modification loan and it was delayed saying that more paperwork was needed or that they didnt receive paperwork sent.

Even after I was told the loan was accepted Citi continued with the foreclosure process. I came home from work one day less than a month after making my first payment on the remodification loan to find a eviction notice on my door and that my home had been sold at auction. I lost everything and as a single mother had to struggle and move into unsafe neighborhoods to take care of my child. CitiMortgage is a fraudulent corporation that preys on hard working people.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

In 2013, because of serious health problems, I was advised by my Dr. not to drive or work. At age 67 I applied for Social Security and applied to CitiMortgage for a loan modification to reduce my payments. That was over 4 years ago. 5 times after I submitted all the paperwork they asked for, I was ask to resubmit many of the documents by 5 different so called loan specialist. I never did get a loan modification and during the last year I was reported to the various credit companies that I have been 30 days late on my loan. This has caused me not to be able to obtain a refinance with any company because of low credit scores now.

I called CITI about being reported late 5 times and was told by the loan specialist I spoke to that I had once again been assigned to a new loan specialist and that she would send a note to my new Specialist asking for her to call me. That was 3 months and I have not heard a word from CITI. I was also told that she could not tell me what credit companies CITI had reported me to and that it was my responsibility to send for credit reports and let CITI know who they had reported me to. I thought the Loan Specialist was there to help me. Even though I was reported as being 30 days late, I was never charged a late fee. That shows me their reporting me as 30 days late was a mistake, but a mistake they refuse to correct so I can obtain a refinance from another company.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Mortgage sold out to Mr. Cooper? They simply sold/transferred my mortgage to another mortgage company. We have no say. What is the rating or quality of that mortgage company. That is how we get a mortgage crisis and lose our hard earned equity.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I tried 3 times over 2 years to get my loan modified and every time they denied me for something different. I have an Android phone and looked for an app to make it easier. There was one that was free called Loan Mod Guru or Jeanie, can't remember which, but it gave the formula the banks use to qualify homeowners. I didn't even know there was a formula.

Once I understood the formula, I re-applied and got approved. Don't spend thousands on some law firm that will probably turn out to be a fraud. I really didn't thinks a free app could be so valuable, but it turned out to be better than hiring some company over the phone. If you're thinking about getting a home loan with Citi, don't, and don't hire a law firm, just read up on what the lender is looking for before you apply.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I used CitiMortgage twice in the past 15 years. They were easy to work with. Their website is good. I never had a problem with automatic withdrawals. Rates seemed to be competitive. I lived in Arizona at the time.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

The most important thing is the time it takes to complete the loan process and what is necessary to do so. The application at CitiMortgage was quick and easy with associates being able to provide me with the guidance I needed along the way.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Offered a home modification options under HARP. Denied it after two month then tell me I did not qualify. Why tell me that and then resend it. Took it upon themself to send me out a modification that had me paying more than I was originally. I never signed papers. If I apply for modification that mean I needed help paying the original payment so why would I want to pay more. Sold to another company and have them thinking the same. I haven't been able to get it straight. Tell you they have specialist to work with you who ask you for the same information within days apart. Took it upon themself to pay my Property taxes and Insurance. I have always paid those separate outside of my mortgage. Mortgage pay is currently around 1900.00 according to them.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

It was slow throughout the loan process. Loan officer overwhelmed with too many files, does not respond, outsource to coordinator. Overall, poor experience with CitiMortgage.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

We refinanced with CITI twice. The whole process was fast, easy and all done via computer except when we had to sign. Representatives were very informative and patient. Always kept us informed as to where we were in the process and the timeline for the rest.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I have been waiting over three months to receive a check for flood damage to my home in San Diego that was issued by my insurance company and had nothing to do with them. They consistently did not have their ** together and were very disrespectful and constantly talked over me. Very dissatisfied with the experience.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I have a HELOC with them and have been a paying customer for the past 10 years on time. I called the mortgage dept to inquire about a settlement and loan modification because the company I was working for closed their doors. They asked me to send some documents and I did. Then all hell breaks loose! They have assigned me to at least 8 different people. They will never return your calls like they claim. My blood pressure went so high and no matter who you talk to, it's the same answer which "I will call you back!" They ran my credit so many times that my score went from 860 to 710. We NEED TO FILE A SUIT against these people. Worst Bank in the world!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

I have had my home mortgage with Citi Mortgage for years with no issues. I just found out with only 10 days notice that they have sold my loan to Nationstar Mtg. in Dallas TX (who is changing its name to Mr. Cooper LLC) because of all of the complaints against them. I called Citi Mortgage to complain and they said it's their right and nothing can be done. Citi Mortgage is selling loans to a company with thousands of complaints of fraud and mis-handling of customer payments. I did my research and Nationstar has a 98% disapproval rating and has ruined the credit of thousands of consumers. They do not disburse escrow payments and your home insurance drops you for non payment, people have tax liens against their homes because Nationstar does not pay your property taxes even though you pay them.

I am furious for myself and other people who are going through this. I actually called Quicken Loans and had to pay $2000.00 to get a new mortgage to avoid dealing with Nationstar. THIS is the fault of Citi Mortgage dumping the low interest loans to a debt collection company. Even if you have perfect credit and not 1 late payment this is what will happen to you in the next few months. They are getting out of the mortgage business and are selling loans to any unscrupulous company who will buy them and then will destroy your credit. Even if you apply for and get approved for a new loan they will still sell it in the next year. RUN - DO NOT WALK FROM THESE HEARTLESS GREEDY MONSTERS.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I am so frustrated with CitiMortgage. I have spent probably 12 hours talking to various supervisors at Customer Service. They constantly talk over me and treat me like I'm nothing. It's my final payment on my house. I have been with them and have a perfect track record. I was told from an individual that my payment was due end of May. I told him, "Are you sure?" and I said, "This is great because I've been in the hospital for 7 months." Why they close my automatic payment is beyond me. Why they need a check for the final payment is. I have contacted them and sat on the phone and been told and argued with over that last payment date. I talked to an individual like I said that was telling me "end of May." They refuse to go back and listen to that phone call. They tell me there's nothing they can do. They taxed a 60-day late on my credit bureau.

I am trying to purchase another house and a perfect track record ends with a 60-day late on my final payment of the house. Now do you think I would miss the last payment of my house? They sent foreclosure papers, 20 at a time, foreclosure on my final payment? You got to be out of your mind. I was in the hospital 8 months out of the last year and I have 60 for medical bills that need to be paid and bunch of paperwork, and I'm trying to pack up my house of 26 years so I can move on because I'm severely disabled. No excuses. I just want them to know the truth. They will not listen to me at all... I could just scream! Explanation point, explanation point. Good luck to anyone who tries to use this company because they suck.

Original review: June 24, 2017

Do not get HELOC [home equity line of credit]. We were on autopay, and after them withdrawing the last payment of almost 10 grand, little did we know that we still owed some 300 bucks in fees. It took a couple of months for us to realize it, but paid asap. Now it has been about 6 months, and we thought that we were all good, and we have not received any bills from Citibank, but upon checking our credit history, Citibank has reported us as more than 6 months delinquent. While they show our balance as zero, but this is lowering our credit score. Maybe we can sue them for the damages.

Original review: June 5, 2017

After my husband and I refinanced our mortgage from 30 to 15 years, our mortgage was sold to CitiMortgage. We paid our mortgage monthly-- plus a little additional on the principal-- without fail, for 15 years. Our last payment was due on 6/1/17 and we sat down together to pay it online only to find that CitiMortgage would not let us do that. We called customer service where we were told we had to pay an additional fee for our mortgage payoff. We agreed to pay that fee (not happily) and were told payment could not be accepted over the phone, that we had to mail a check. We were forced to mail the check FedEx to make our 6/1 deadline. Fedex notified us the check was delivered on 6/1.

On 5/31 we received a letter from CitiBank that our mortgage had been "purchased, assigned, or transferred" to CitiMortgage... the exact same address we had been paying to for 15 years, yet, technically, all we owed was our last payment and that check was in the mail. I have logged onto our mortgage account with CitiMortgage and the balance reads "0" even though our checkbook balance does not reflect the processing of our check. CitiMortgage's treatment of its clients is rude, confusing, and demoralizing. We would not recommend doing business with this company and wait anxiously for our check's cancellation.

Original review: May 27, 2017

I wanted to give it "Zero" stars, but I had to select 1-5, so that's the only reason for one star. Home flooded in August 2016 in South Louisiana. CitiMortgage gladly took my insurance check. Went through hell to have our home repaired dealing with crooked contractor. We had a 100% completion inspection on 4/13. It was usually an ordeal to get a draw from CitiMorgage. For final draw we had to jump through their hoops and have forms notarized at our expense. They received all forms on 5/11. No check arrived. I called on 5/26 and was told that they sold my account and the new mortgage company would take over 6/7. This still gave them time to send me my own money. But, CitiMortgage said they wouldn't and I would have to take it up with the new mortgage company.

CitiMortgage holds your own insurance money hostage. This is insurance you pay for, but CitiMortgage does not care. They hold your money hostage and make earnings off of it. Then they make you jump through hoops and waste your own money notarizing their forms. All delay tactics so they can hold your money hostage for longer so they can earn more money off of it. Then they sell it to another company and use that as another delay for you not getting your own money while they hang onto to it for a little longer so they can squeeze out more earnings from it.

Needless to say, I still do not have my money. The new mortgage company does not have my money or all of my account information or any of my claim documentation from CitiMortgage. So the new mortgage company cannot get me my money because CitiMortgage still has it. So, CitiMortgage has all the notarized forms they required I provide and they have my insurance money, yet they refuse to send it to me. CitiMortgage is as crooked as they come.

Original review: May 26, 2017

CitiMortgage took over my original mortgage. Not only did CitiMortgage "fail" to have me sign new papers with them, they secretly changed my initial mortgage plan agreement. For example with my original mortgage company I could pay my mortgage payment online and not be charged for online processing. Additionally I had up to midnight of the 15th of each month to pay my mortgage - nonlate penalties. CitiMortgage denied all of that.

Also when I told CitiMortgage that I am a disabled veteran and can no longer live in my home CitiMortgage said for me to lease my home to a renter. I said, "That's against my mortgage loan." They said, "So, you're not living in it." I then explained to them that I'm not stooping to their underhanded character by secretly renting which is going against my mortgage loan. Then I asked CitiMortgage for the HARP. They denied me. Then I found out that CitiMortgage filed a Foreclosure against my credit "without" me knowing anything period. Stay away from CitiMortgage because they're practicing ILLEGAL & UNETHICAL mortgage loan practices.

CitiMortgage never was willing to help nor work with disabled veterans. Their information to their mortgage customers never remained consistent and truthful. It's not until the customer is totally done that CitiMortgage tries to work with the customer. But by then it's too late because the customer has moved out of the mortgaged property. My house was upside down and CitiMortgage refused to work with me. I never ever will do any form of business with CitiMortgage ever again.

CitiMortgage Company Information