1.17/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

1001 CitiMortgage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 19, 2019

When it was time for a refinance Citi had already decided to offer me an option that saved me hundreds of dollars per month without adding to the term. I would call that really good customer treatment.

Original review: May 12, 2019

They sent me papers without my consent to sign for a lower payment in 2008 (during the recession). I did not know at the time that it was to pay off the interest and hardly pay any principal. I still have the paperwork where erroneous people signed the paperwork. Remember, nothing was discussed to me at all. The mortgage has been taken over by yet another servicing company. The mortgage was kept the same way where 95% is paid towards INTEREST and the other 5% is paid to principal. It was not that way initially.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Scam- just the wealthy ripping off the 99%! Homes used to be bought outright- lobbying firms bought congress and now they want to steal your homes through reverse mortgage. Come on people- fight for your right to party!

Original review: May 10, 2019

I also was a CitiMortgage customer who got stuck with this Mickey Mouse mortgage company. They keep saying I didn’t pay my April payment, despite me having back records showing that I did. They said they will have to investigate it, and said "It’s ok. It won’t go on your credit report right now," which was a lie! I’ve even offered to email them my bank statements to show I paid, yet they won’t listen.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Having a second mortgage for 20 years. Stellar repayments! Our home suffered a water loss. We fought with our insurance company to get the amount needed to restore our home. Insurance added Citi on our check. They escrowed it and have been making us jump through hoops to get those funds released so we can at least get our job fixed. It’s going on TWO years. We have to pay on our home and hotels/apartment. They did escalate us to resolution department after misplacing our funds, we fax info they request and it sits on desks for weeks. They insist in inspections to see progress... We have no funds to get things progressed!

Frustrating and madding! They hold less than 1/4 of our equity. Yet they want protection. We make moment payments with high interest yet, they hold onto more than half the amount we owe them in escrow and are not paying interest on the funds they are most likely making money on. They talk down to us as if we are children with scripted responses. Never ever get any loan from them!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiMortgage?

Original review: April 22, 2019

Started signed up for a modification started the process. Nothing but a lot of paperwork they could never keep track of. They ended up putting my property in foreclosure. My lawyer said it's called dual tracking, against the law but still happened. Company is the worst. So are their reps.

Original review: April 17, 2019

During the title search process to get a HELOC the title company discovered a lien on our house in the amount of $30,000 from August of 2007. We did take out a home equity loan in 2007 and paid it off fully in 2009. This is also in county records along with the certificate of satisfaction. The other lien was dated a few weeks earlier and has no certificate of satisfaction as we did not get two loans.

Calls to Citimortage are pointless as their records do not go back that far - but they can tell us that the only loan they have a record of is the one we know about and paid off. They have nothing on the one which has a lien on our house. We couldn’t even pay $30,000 to get this lien off our house if we wanted to!!! Our credit reports don’t show this loan of ever having existed either.

Records for 2007 are with a company called Vertugo and they only have a fax number or mailing address. Many faxes have been sent and not a single response. Here’s the kicker.... We decide to inquire with the lawyer who is listed as the trustee to both loans (legit and fraudulent) and he tells us he never consented to this and has sued CitiMortgage for using his name on many many other fraudulent documents....and won (which we verified to be true). So we can’t even sell our house and we can’t even find anyone to give us a letter of satisfaction to move on!!! What a horrible company. They shattered our dream of building a new home and leave us trapped in our home as well.

Original review: April 6, 2019

So, my mom has had a mortgage with Citi for over 30 years. My parents paid off the loan once but my father took out a home improvement loan against the home against my mom's wishes. Long story short my parents are divorced and he pretty much walked away from this debt because she got the home. My mom at this time did a remodification since she lost my father's income.

At this time CitiMortgage put a balloon payment at the end of the terms of the loan. In October she was told she owed $9,053.00. She’s a senior living on a budget with CKD, she doesn’t have that kind of money and neither do I. The people there have no idea what they’re doing. They told her about a hardship loan and was told to keep making her payments and to send in the information they needed which she did. They wouldn’t cash the checks and sent them back, and every time she sent in what they required there was something else she needed. She’d send that and lo and behold there was something else she needed to send.

This went on two months until Without notice they closed her loan and send it to a place called Cenlar. She explained the situation to them and they told her to send them a packet of info like utilities statements, paystubs, etc. She did that and they’re starting the play the same games as she just got a letter stating they needed MORE info!! It’s all a game to them. I really don’t know what to do right now and we’re trying to get a loan from our bank to pay it. Mind you my mom wasn’t behind on payments, this was. Balloon payment added to the loan without her knowledge or she wouldn’t have signed it!! Please stay far away from this company. They’re horrible and really unscrupulous!!

Original review: March 29, 2019

I have had this equity line for close to 20 years. Ran into a rough patch for 2 years. Was behind one month in my payments. Was sent harassment letters to the home, sometimes 3-4 a day. Citibank was calling my house, leaving rambling messages, then started calling my place of work. Threatened to put negative input on my credit rating.

Again, I was one month late during this period, paying a late fee on top of all. I informed not to call my place of business and blocked all their calls coming to my home, (sometimes 3 to 4 calls in a day). You can not make a payment online, so you have to deal with their customer service. Currently I am making monthly payments of $1,800, of which $800.00 is interest, at 5.5%. I owe $175,000. So you can get an idea of what this loan actually will cost. I now have the funds to pay this off. THE ABSOLUTE WORST BANK I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH, PERIOD..STAY AWAY FROM CITIBANK... P.S. Citi also sent me a letter stated they will have send someone out to see if I still live at the address, and there will be a fee for this service...

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I'm trying to save my mother's home and have been going back and forth between CitiMortgage and my attorney overseeing the matter, for months now. The attorney has sent everything They asked for and when I cap in to figure out what's going on, CitiMortgage reps tell me a new excuse as to why I'm not on the account yet. They give a new excuse every single phone call, after giving them everything they asked for in previous calls.

The most recent rep I spoke to today, (Jason ID#**), is now giving me a new excuse as to why they still can't help. This rep is by far, the worst out of all I have contacted. He was extremely rude, talked over me the entire call and even had the audacity to tell me, after asking to speak to a supervisor or someone who knows what they're doing, (he clearly doesn't know what he's doing), "I'm telling you what you need to do and now you're going to wait on hold while I get a supervisor". He cut me off and placed me on hold for 10 mins. He came back on and said there's no supervisors available and back on hold. Phone call was 33 mins long and nothing was done.

CitiMortgage is doing everything they can, to not help, in hopes they can foreclose on my deceased mother's home. They are the most shady company I've ever dealt with in my life. I can't get ** customer service and not once has there been an available supervisor to speak to. Jason also informed me that he's been there for years and the supervisor would tell me the same thing and was trying to find a way to end the call. I would steer clear of doing any business with this company and its reps. Terrible company.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I'm trying to get an assumption done. The people assuming the loan haven't heard anything (letter or email) from CitiMortgage saying if they have been approved or denied. I've been dealing with this situation for about a year. Service is very, very, bad. You can't talk to the department directly. I believe they are avoiding me. I talked to a woman claiming to be a supervisor but she never responded back to me. I dislike this company. I advise you not to do business with any part of the Citigroup.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

2013 I builded a home from the ground up. In three months the home started sinking. The builder try fixing the home and couldn’t fix the home so I get a lawyer to go after the builder. We got little money back. The home cost 70,000 to fix and we don’t even get have Faring. The builder we file bankrupt and walk away so now we still living in homes that are sinking a Community where the land are pulling away from the homes. CitiMortgage value our homes at a Price that the homes' not Worth. 13 homes sinking and Community not done. Water running in homes and homes builded off foundation. But CitiMortgage appraisal company said the homes was good in their inspection reports of CitiMortgage. Come out to the homes they would have seen home not on the foundation.

Now they say they can do anything to help. I have you appraisal report where you said everything ok in the homes. Holes were improperly builded. Give CitiMortgage three inspection report tell CitiMortgage from beginning of builded in the appraisal reports in a spot they said any problems with the property list you Comments. Here the appraiser have no comment but say foundation in good conditions and good for the loan to go through. I am a first time home buyer and the builder and CitiMortgage took me for a big ride plus took government money by being a first time home buyer. I going lose my house one way or the other. I don’t have the 70,000 dollars to fix the home and pay CitiMortgage or ok paying CitiMortgage and the home sink into the ground. 6 years of fighting about this home. Loss for words.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

After having our loan with CitiMortgage for several years they transferred it to another provider, something that is common practice. The problem is that they never told me that they were doing this. I did not receive any form of communication, email, mail or phone call, regarding the transfer of my mortgage. The only reason I eventually figured it out is because they sent me a letter telling me that they did not draft my payment. After about 10 minutes of combing through their website, I finally found a notification that my loan had been moved. This is a completely unacceptable practice for both a company the size of Citi and any type of mortgage provider.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

We paid off our home in February of 2011 and received a 'Full Deed of Release' on March 25, 2011. Now, 7 years later we are selling our home and 2 days before closing the Title company finds that CitiMortgage wrote the WRONG Legal Description on the Full Deed of Release. They called the CitiMortgage and CitiMortgage fully admit and acknowledge that the home is PAID off in full, and that it IS their mistake, but say it will take 30 days to correct THEIR MISTAKE and say they can't just FIX it with a letter stating that they do NOT have a lien or money owed on the home!!!

The buyer is now becoming 'worried' and we might lose the sale of our home due to CitiMortgage dragging out what seems to be an easy fix. We are also incurring all kinds of expense due to having our belonging in storage and living in an empty home because we thought we were moving and we will most likely lose the house we were supposed to buy with the proceeds of our home sale!!! DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER CITIMORTGAGE as a LENDER or you might end up being held HOSTAGE by their incompetence in the future!!!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

This business has my HEL attached to the wrong house! They have it attached to a home I have sold and are now calling in the loan because of this error! They are asking me to send proof etc when I keep telling them to just look at the note... which has the correct address. I have also been trying for 18 months to get them to change my address. This should be a simple thing... yet with Citibank it seems to be very difficult. Their customer service team are rude and incompetent to help with certain issues. You get transferred back and forth between departments and end up getting no help. I have spent over 50 hours in last 18 months to have them update my address. I don’t have time for this. Beware!!!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I have been in my home for 18 years, during that time CitiMortgage purchased my loan in 2006 which has been a pain in the butt. The first problem was when I switch insurance companies and I received a reimbursement check. Once I mailed the check into CitiMortgage the fund was applied to my late fees which should went to the escrow account which made my house payment go up additional $350 something I could not afford. I call CitiMortgage several times stating there had been a mistake and was told they can apply my money any way they want to.

The second problem was in 2017 the company stop mailing me statements (it's the voucher you receive each month stating how the funds were applied to the account and the amount received each month) which did not make sense. They continue to cash my checks without providing me with a statement. I call them and they stated I would need to request a statement. Why would I need to request a billing envelope and coupon if you have had my loan for 10 plus years? I am very unhappy with this company would not recommend this company to anyone. They’re just as bad as Wells Fargo. Customer are the reason you’re (CitiMortage) in busy.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I was processing a home mortgage with less than 20% down. So I attended a mandatory 1st time home buyers workshop for general information about getting a loan. There I met a CitiBank lender, Sandy ** , NMLS ID: **, (Aka Sandolio **) that a after a very brief talk, mostly pushing his Citibank loans programs, encourage some of us to apply with Citi (he interviewed everyone in that room about income, debts and assets). To make the story short, So I applied, got a pre qual and approval. The problem started later when he referred me to his friend a Realtor, Aricides **.

I told him I would go with my own realtor, but he kept insisting that I use his friend Aricides ** since he was the only who had knowledge about houses and zip codes that would qualify me for Citibank program "Homerun" where they promise low down payment, no points, and no PMI. I told him that this was a red flag for me that's I would not continue. Also, I have a score of 820 with no credit card debt and still my interest was being quoted at 4.625 and APR of 4.92** and with 5% down even though I had at least %10, anyway stay clear of him and perhaps CitiBank. I believe what he was doing is illegal, don't have the time to find out. Stay clear of doing business with him.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I refinanced my original 30 year mortgage to a 15 year mortgage in 2003. I paid it off early last year. During the entire length of the mortgage I had no problems whatsoever. I experienced hail damage to my roof at one point and my insurance company and I had to deal with CitiMortgage for the insurance payments. They were very eager to help and everything went smoothly. I recommend CitiMortgage 100%.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I have had my mortgage with Citi for 12 years. It wasn't the originator. Citi purchased the mortgage. For, probably, the first 7 years, or so, the company was a bloody nightmare. Of late, however, they seem to have gotten their act together. Of course, all I ever do is send them a monthly check. It seems, these days, to be sufficient. But before they settled down, they were extremely aggressive, and very obnoxious.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Received foreclosure papers for the week of May 7, 2018, but CitiMortgage Website Account and PNC Personal Bank Account verifies payments indeed have been "received, accepted, withdrawal and cashed" for home loan ** by CitiMortgage. I called CitiMortgage in the morning of 5/15/2018 to the phone 866-272-4749. According to the CitiMortgage Foreign Representative, "no payments have been accepted, cashed or documented in database" since November 2017. Again, the CitiMortgage Foreign Representative stated, "No payments have been received for loan ** for over 7 months." I verified and validated loan data account numbers with the rep. I verified loan account on CitiMortgage's website. Their own data contradicts itself. See attached file for clear proof of FRAUD.

Now, my home is in foreclosure action with Cuyahoga County Municipal Court for Civil Foreclosure Case **. I called the Cleveland Court System to verify and get a copy of the summons stating, no payments have been made in months. The CitiMortgage Foreign Representative stated, "All I can do is launch an investigation." Meanwhile, my home goes into FALSE FORECLOSURE. Looking for immediate assistance, And if not possible, looking for a Counter Lawsuit with Unwarranted Medical Expense Damage for constant vomiting and Lawyer Fee Compensation. Contact Tina ** and Mike ** at ** or **. Again, CitiMortgage's own data is in complete contradiction of itself on the CitiMortgage Website compared to the CitiMortgage Foreign Representative.

I will be homeless due to no family or friends if I cannot stop the foreclosure. The Cleveland Shelters have a waiting list. I will be on the streets living. Both my husband and I reside "live" on the property. My husband is and has been employed. On top of this, we made a payment on May 10, 2018, that has still not been credited to our web account or charged/cashed to our PNC account. The CitiMortgage also stated, "we have no acknowledgment of you or your husband calling about being concerned about your account." "We have no phone records of you calling making payment arrangements over the phone either." "We have no payments from last week in May 2018 either, according to our database." My husband called and mailed payment to CitiMortgage by USPS.

Updated on 06/06/2018: I compared "MY MORTGAGE" data section for (1) Last Paid Amount field, (2) Last Paid Date field and (3) Next Payment Due Date. All information is incorrect. On June 1, 2018, the web data stated, "Next Payment Due Date 11/01/2017." Again, in 2018, it states that our next payment due date is 11/01/2017. Wouldn't it be June/01/2018??? I want to inform the public that there is no way you, as a consumer could possibly manage your mortgage effectively when the company doesn't even know what year or month it is. Why is this acceptable to consumers?

Original review: April 21, 2018

Sadly I’ve been with Citi mortgage way too long. I don’t know how I ended up with these crooks. I had ABN Amro and they were bought out by Citi without notification!! My frustration with Citi I had two major crisis in my life that left me with no other than to request a modification. I was diagnosed with a disabling progressive aggressive Multiple Sclerosis, following this my husband suddenly died at the age of 39. With all this going on I requested a modification. I was deemed unemployable and had to take a early retirement and Social Security. To make things even worse is I had 8 different specialist. My paperwork was being passed around to all these different homeowner specialist and LOST.

Finally I have a specialist that sounds positive and knows what is going on? Just then a letter was sent to me saying they have all the documents necessary. No need for anything further! I was relieved. But then she started asking for the same redundant documents that I had sent numerous Times!! I had no choice but to hire an attorney that I can’t afford. I have been putting my health on hold to deal with these lying idiots! A WORD OF ADVICE. NEVER DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY! ❌❌‼️ THEY ARE FRAUDS‼️

Original review: April 21, 2018

Where to begin with this company. My husband owns a house with his friend; over a year go my husband's friend passed away. The house had been a rental a property at that point as they were both in the military and stationed elsewhere since they bought the house. When he passed away one of the things Citi told my husband that it would be easier if the house was empty then as soon as everything was approved for the bank to take possession of the house they wouldn't have to wait for the lease to be up.

After the lease was up a month later the house stayed empty; the bank did could board the house up. Since then my husband has submitted paperwork every other week sometimes the same documents over and over and with them telling him that our taxes were done wrong and that we need to redo them. At least twice a month he gets a paper in the mail saying he has been reassigned to a new person. It has gotten so bad that he got in the mail an appraisal for somebody else house in the mail with all their information on it. Every month he has been submitting his LES to keep the paperwork current so it doesn't "expire" and have to start again.

Now a year plus later it finally gets to the underwriter and underwriter is asking him for the same documents he filled out to start the process. Of course, you can never talk to anybody. You have to email them, set up a phone call, and then wait for them to call you. He never even got phone call or email response back when he notified them that he received an appraisal for some other person's home. For the last year he has been making payments keeping it current. This is on top of the rent we pay for where we are stationed now.

It is getting frustrating just mentally for him to relive his friend's death every time he gets a piece a paper in the mail with both their names on it and financially for us it takes a whole paycheck to pay the mortgage and rent. This is by far the worst mortgage company ever. Both of us have owned homes with other mortgage companies and have sold them and never experienced anything like this. And to top it all off since the house has been sitting so long empty and we are not there to be able to check on it, we got a phone call today from the neighbor that it had been broken into and the fence had been destroyed.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Applied for a mortgage with CitiMortgage and was honest in that I needed to apply with the Freddie and Fannie new guidelines of "Excluding Debts Paid by others if you can show 12 month bank statements". The loan representative said (1) my loan documents were not clear, so I resend them. (2) I would need to put 20% down instead of 10% and I said ok. (3) The new guidelines can only be used if the other person was a co-signer so I sent her the Freddie and Fannie new stipulation in writing saying that was not correct and finally (4) The manager had me send 12 months of canceled checks and bank statements matching bills paid - which I did! Finally, they told me they don't follow Freddie and Fannie! What a waste of time and how unprofessional. I am so glad I applied to two other banks of which I was approved. People stay far away from this place - no wonder they were sued. Scam artists FRAUD!!!

Original review: March 17, 2018

I was interested in refinance with Citibank. The loan officer was pleasant and we went over the needed information about the loan and I faxed all paperwork that was needed that day. WELL PLEASE READ THIS AND OTHER REVIEWS. I could not get the loan officer to respond to any emails or phone calls at all. I checked the website and says loan in process and every morning I would receive an email at 1:37 am that your documents are no longer available. Then I get a call from the appraiser. REALLY. I could not confirm if they received the papers I faxed. I called a manager which never called and a personal processor called me that could not answer a simple question and told me they need the paperwork and to call my loan officer that still has not responded.

Citi is looking to send the appraiser for 500 dollars and they know damn well they had no intentions of giving me that loan. This is a disgrace. NOBODY CALLS YOU BACK BUT THE APPRAISER. WHAT A SCAM. STAY FAR AWAY. Went elsewhere and all was done in two hours. Save your money. All they care is about a survey. Me and wife have great credit and with Citibank 20 years. No more.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I was a faithful customer with CitiMortgage. I paid off my mortgage five years earlier than my contract. On my last payment, Citi decided to sale my mortgage to another company. Instead of switching, I paid my mortgage off before the due date. It has now at the point where Citi is doing everything in their power to keep my escrow refund. They’ve “stooped” so low that they claimed that they already sent it and it was cashed already. Of course they are buying more time for you to fill out forms so that they can hold my money even longer. They sent a copy of the check and the signature (which appear to be different checks, with different numbers). No one at Citi can explain why the back of the check does not correspond to the front. However, they want to fill out a series of forms in order to prolong the period in which a very wealthy company like Citi can continue to hold on to the money of a customer. NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

In order to prevail in a court of law, CitiMortgage and their local attorneys committed fraud on the court by altering a sworn affidavit and adding a forged endorsement onto a fabricated note. I am in the process of suing the attorney who forged the affidavit and discussing the matter with the FBI who believes there is sufficient evidence of fraud to charge the attorney who participated in this fraud and forgery (prison and disbarment). CitiMortgage is aware that the attorney committed fraud but has not taken action. CitiMortgage has grown brazen with the belief that they can engage in fraud with impunity - that the courts will look the other way.

Fortunately for me, when you commit fraud on the record - it is much more difficult to get away with the crime or to claim plausible deniability. CitiMortgage operates as a criminal enterprise - therefore it is a criminal enterprise. Because of ongoing litigation and the fear of retribution I am unable to become a verified buyer - but I honorably promise I have had a mortgage with CitiMortgage for over a decade and it has been the most horrible decade of my life.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

My mother passed away on May 27, 2017 from injuries received in a home fire that destroyed her home which is financed by CitiMortgage. I filed a claim for her homeowners insurance the first business day after her death to avoid late payment and threat of foreclosure, exactly what is now occurring even though insurance paid the account in full back in June 2017. In mid June, the insurance adjuster requested payoff statement as of June 30th. Payoff statement was requested twice and received by insurance company on June 18, 3017. I received a letter from the insurance company on June 19, 2017 that payment had been made to CitiMortgage. Citimortgage later confirmed that they received on June 29th and deposited on June 30th.

On August 27th, I checked my mother's PO box and found past due notices from CitiMortgage. I called CitiMortgage on August 28th but they refused to give me any information because I was not an authorized user. Said I had to submit her death certificate and proof that I was her representative. This can only be done via mail. I mailed the requested information that day and waited for contact. I called CitiMortgage on October 1th and they still refused to give me information. Said they never received proof of death or that I was her representative. Mailed again on October 12th but this time via UPS so I would have evidence that they received.

I called CitiMortgage on October 26th and they will finally talk to me. Told me that, yes they had received the funds, but they didn't apply because they needed authorization to apply from me. My argument was how was I to know that since they wouldn't talk to me and the funds were clearly intended to be a payoff. Two hours later and several transfers back and forth between people that I'd already talked to, a customer service representative told me to send a copy of the June 30th payoff statement and the requested authorization to apply to the account. This was faxed on October 30th and I have confirmation of fax.

On November 9th the insurance section called and said that I still owed $1100. Keep in mind that this $1100 is late fees and interest on the account that they didn't apply the payment to and wouldn't give me information about. I reiterated that I didn't feel like I owed this money since insurance paid on June 30th. She transferred me to Bobbie, an account supervisor. Bobbie seemed very understanding, said she would send the file to the Client Advocacy Section and she would call me back. I later found out that CitiMortgage transferred the account to Mr Cooper on November 16th. On December 8th I received a letter from Mr Cooper that I owed $3500. How is this when a few weeks earlier it was $1100 in penalties and late fees. Well, it's because CitiMortgage still had not applied the insurance and sent the mortgage to Mr Cooper instead, whose automated message says that they are a debt collection agency.

I called Mr Cooper on December 9th as soon as the lines were open. Representative said this was a CitiMortgage issue and transferred me but stayed on the phone the whole time. Spoke with Bobbie (the same one from November 9th). She remembered me. After reviewing the records and notes said that this should never had gone to Mr Cooper. Again said that she would send to Client Advocacy and, if I didn't hear back from her by December 12th to give her a callback.

No return call from Bobbie so called her back on December 13th. She was offline (meaning not there) but an email was sent to her by the representative to have her call me.

I received a phone call from Bobbie on December 14th to tell me still no word from Client Advocacy so she was escalating to her supervisor and if she didn't get an answer she would escalate to Executive Supervisor. Said she would call me back on December 15th. No phone call so I attempted to call her today (December 19th) but was told she was offline (not at work) so spoke to someone else. This person is right back to where I was in October and said I would need to handle with Mr Cooper. She is the one that told me that the mortgage was sent to Mr Cooper on 11/16/17, the period that Bobbie and Client Advocacy was supposed to be working to resolve. Is this their resolution, passing the mortgage on to another company when they were supposed to be working with me?

Oh, and during all this time, CitiMortgage paid $1176 hazard insurance from escrow for a property that doesn't even exist. I am at my wit's end. The employees at CitiMortgage have been so unhelpful while they continue to tack on fees and threaten foreclosure. At this point I feel like that is exactly what they want, to foreclose on a property that should've been paid off in June. I'm now reaching out to anyone and everyone that I can think of to make my situation know, including my State and US representatives. CitiMortgage was ordered to pay over $28 million in fines earlier this year for unfair foreclosure practices. Obviously the fine meant nothing to them since they continue to give the runaround when under threat of foreclosure, and this property should be paid in full so it shouldn't even be under threat in the first place.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Horrible experience when our note came due. Was treated like a child from incompetent rude people. Made me jump thru hoops to gather tons of info just to be jerks and unsympathetic to my situation. We were always on time for payments. My husband lost his job and I became a caregiver for my parents. They rudely told me to get out and get a job and do a short sale on my home. All we wanted was a temporary reduction in our 2715.00 monthly payment to get on our feet. Made us feel like we were idiots! They have no compassion for anyone and didn’t even try to help in any way. The most horrible act that committed was all the time and calls they made me go thru before totally rejecting any help for us.

I am going to the media with this in hopes that horrible staff you have will not put anyone else thru this horrible experience. You should be ashamed of your actions. I will get the word out on how horribly your line of credit department treated us. You never bothered to apologize or return a call. Terribly unprofessional!!! Disappointment to the human race!!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I was only a total of $180 behind and had been making my regular payments with additional to catch up what I was behind. It was when Citi electronically cashed a check for more that it was written for. My bank reversed the charges and only credited them for the amount of the check that I provided from my duplicate carbon copy. After that Citi refused any additional payments and started me in the foreclosure process. I had tried several times to have a modification loan and it was delayed saying that more paperwork was needed or that they didnt receive paperwork sent.

Even after I was told the loan was accepted Citi continued with the foreclosure process. I came home from work one day less than a month after making my first payment on the remodification loan to find a eviction notice on my door and that my home had been sold at auction. I lost everything and as a single mother had to struggle and move into unsafe neighborhoods to take care of my child. CitiMortgage is a fraudulent corporation that preys on hard working people.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

In 2013, because of serious health problems, I was advised by my Dr. not to drive or work. At age 67 I applied for Social Security and applied to CitiMortgage for a loan modification to reduce my payments. That was over 4 years ago. 5 times after I submitted all the paperwork they asked for, I was ask to resubmit many of the documents by 5 different so called loan specialist. I never did get a loan modification and during the last year I was reported to the various credit companies that I have been 30 days late on my loan. This has caused me not to be able to obtain a refinance with any company because of low credit scores now.

I called CITI about being reported late 5 times and was told by the loan specialist I spoke to that I had once again been assigned to a new loan specialist and that she would send a note to my new Specialist asking for her to call me. That was 3 months and I have not heard a word from CITI. I was also told that she could not tell me what credit companies CITI had reported me to and that it was my responsibility to send for credit reports and let CITI know who they had reported me to. I thought the Loan Specialist was there to help me. Even though I was reported as being 30 days late, I was never charged a late fee. That shows me their reporting me as 30 days late was a mistake, but a mistake they refuse to correct so I can obtain a refinance from another company.

CitiMortgage Company Information