2. Mortgages

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.19/5

CitiMortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiMortgage?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiMortgage?

Original review: June 19, 2020

Citi mortgage is awful. We tried to pay off our mortgage and they would not let us see. Had to certified check. They send us the amount left and asked if we knew what day we pay it off. How do we know until we get the statement. Because of interest stupid lady on the other end said got to pick a date then 22 dollars for that paper. We then have to wire transfer the money and if it's not done right a few is involved. That not all. It has to be approved by Citibank. We are So very very angry that we can't just send our last payment to them. It's now costing us over a hundred dollars they are charging us and if they don't approve it or it's not the specific amount they will send it back and charge us 200 hundred dollars. What company. They scam people. Something gotta be done about this company.

Original review: April 3, 2020

The representatives not easy to work and too complicated! I have to repeat the questions and did not got any answers! CitiMortgage representatives need to listen more and redirect customer to the right departments.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2020

Unprofessional, took months to get it set on automatic payments which resulted in late fees and a mark on my credit score. There is no branch or human person to talk to in the I'll area. They barely speak English.

Original review: March 8, 2020

Next time I decide to finance anything probably will be with another company! That's all! Would not recommend them..I a very bad experience from start to finish! Not very understanding and lies to customers...Once again that's all that I'm saying....

Original review: March 3, 2020

They were so easy to work with. It was incredible! I have tried to work with other companies but they were way too complicated! Repetitive questions and overkill with the paperwork! Citi Mortgage was very easy to work with!

Original review: March 2, 2020

I have had loans with them in the past. They are good. Great customer service and will treat you like family..They are a top ten to me. They work with you to help you get the loan you need and the payment are in your budget. I love doing business with them.

Original review: March 1, 2020

Citi Mortgage contacted me a couple of years into my mortgage and offered a re-fi for a really good interest rate. I went through the application process and was give a tentative approval. Then while waiting for the final closing, without warning, I was sent a notice of rejection and the loan was cancelled without notification. The reason they gave was lack of adequate income but they had somehow missed the approved income and the person who wrote the mortgage was on vacation so the cancellation was not caught. I had to escalate the problem to the next level manager who, after several calls and explanations, finally got my mortgage approved. Closing then took another month. Then, a couple of years later Citi sold my mortgage to another lender.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

My estranged husband made arrangements to pay past due of 2200 in Dec 2019. I never heard from them or got a certified letter stating that he never paid it. When he asked for amount he asked to include Jan also. Well Jan 15 2020 I got served with foreclosure papers. When I called upset trying to tell them I never got informed of him not paying if I did I would of somehow paid it myself, for I’m not losing my home over 2700 (now this is the amount). She was short with me and said basically pay the amount or the steps will proceed in foreclosure. How unfair!!! I have had the house with the first mortgage since 2000. And I’m in good standards with them.

I’m full of anger, and distrust. I think I should of gotten a certified letter stating that my estranged husband never paid and to call them to make arrangements for help to get caught up. I was never offered that! So here I am googling how to save your home from foreclosure. Remind you I live check by check like most Americans. So I can’t afford a lawyer. And it’s just me and my dog. I feel like they are swallowing me up. I worked hard for what I have And I don’t want to lose my house because they never informed me of it remaining delinquent.

Original review: May 19, 2019

When it was time for a refinance Citi had already decided to offer me an option that saved me hundreds of dollars per month without adding to the term. I would call that really good customer treatment.

Original review: May 12, 2019

They sent me papers without my consent to sign for a lower payment in 2008 (during the recession). I did not know at the time that it was to pay off the interest and hardly pay any principal. I still have the paperwork where erroneous people signed the paperwork. Remember, nothing was discussed to me at all. The mortgage has been taken over by yet another servicing company. The mortgage was kept the same way where 95% is paid towards INTEREST and the other 5% is paid to principal. It was not that way initially.

CitiMortgage Company Information