2. Mortgages

Bank of America Mortgages

Bank of America Mortgages
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.41/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Bank of America has credit cards for a variety of purposes, including travel. Read reviews for Bank of America Travel Rewards to learn about travel rewards.

View More View More

Bank of America Mortgages Reviews

Original review: May 11, 2019

I liked the fact that they have pay plans. We paid weekly on our home and they took the payment right out of our account. I didn't care for the fact that we had 3 month left to pay and they sold our mortgage.

Original review: April 27, 2019

They are very responsive. Send useful updates monthly and offer changes that may be helpful. Due to my circumstances I have not taken these suggestions, but had I been younger I would have. They post when our payment was received. They give alerts of an upcoming payment is due. Overall they are helpful.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I just recently bought a house under Bank of America home loan program. My loan officer was Kevin **. I have to say that the service Kevin and his team provided was excellent. They were able to close my loan on time. Communication with anyone on the team was superb. In the end, the closing costs were very close to the estimated ones. There was no surprise at the end. Kevin also gave me very good interest rate. Loan review with Underwriters was a bit annoying and hectic but I guess it is the same across the board. Obviously, Kevin and his team helped me every step of the way. Communication with Kevin and loan processor, Karlee ** was very good. Anytime I would have question for them, I would just email them to give me a call at their earliest convenience. They would give me a call back promptly within an hour or 2 at most. I would recommend any of my friends Bank of America home loan especially Kevin ** and his team.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I have been with Bank Of America mortgage for well over 20 years on more than one house. Their customer service and mortgage loan experience is awesome. I haven’t had any complaints in all the years I been with them. They always friendly service and always came through when needed for mortgage lending. Their customer service and website app is awesome.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

Many processes, not professional, too stubborn. BOA should close their service on mortgage, definitely. We and many of our friends got denied at BOA, and we got approved in any other banks. BOA staff do not know how to reply to clients' questions. Not professional at all. Avoid it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

Paid off our VA mortgage 15 years ago. Yet, we constantly receive refinance emails (guaranteed!) from B of A. ALL their sites come up as "unsecured". Can't imagine doing any business that allows spam in their name, sends unsolicited emails, and does not provide basic on-line consumer security.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

The pre-approval process was fast and we got a good rate. We signed the home contract on 9/27 and I called my mortgage officer and he gave a closing date of 11/7!! The bank schedule the appraisal few days before the closing and of course, they didn't get the report on time. Interestingly, I called the loan processor a week before and she had no idea what is going on and when is the closing schedule or when the appraisal scheduled. She called me two days before and said that she didn't get the report but everything will be on time. Then the night before, she asked to extend to closing to 11/14! The night before she asked to extend to 11/15. Guess what? She never sent a clearness. She stopped answering phone or emails and I had to call a manager who finally sent clearness. Closing was rescheduled. So it was pushed to Monday 11/18.

On Friday their system broke and they never sent the closing package to closing company. Of course they never communicated until I called in the afternoon and asked them to send email to explain. So we have to reschedule again. (Please note that I didn't mention all the failures. I just gave the outlines.) To summarize: lack of experience. Lack of interest in what they do. Lack of respect to customers and their time.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

Started off with a refinance in August, locked a great rate and gave them all the paperwork. Kept following up with documents here and there and everything seemed to be going good. Then come to find out they had trouble reviewing one of my documents. I sent them clear documents and as far as I know they could review them. Then days went by with no response, kept calling and emailing but nothing. Then logged into my account one day and the refinance link was gone. Called to talk to anyone I could and come to find out through them that my application was denied because they had trouble reading another doc. Everything sent to them was prompt and very clear. Absolutely horrible experience. Never got an email or a call stating it was denied, nor given an option to change the documents to their request. Was a banking customer for 14 years until this happened. Would not recommend wasting your time with their mortgage department.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Absolute worst experience of my life using this bank for a mortgage and severely regret it. Expect months of delays, lost paperwork, unending requests for ridiculous types of documentation that goes on for months, 20 different people handling your file, the list goes on. They also charge $1500 “application fee.” This bank has the worst customer ratings of all banks, and it is well documented. Please do not use a big national bank for a mortgage and choose a local one to do your business with.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

One of the loan officers messed up an email, which led to all my personal info being sent to a random email address. Then, had to push back my originally scheduled closing date after numerous representations that it would close on time despite the fact that I provided everything they asked of me. After pushing it back 10 days, the bank yet again failed to get through reviewing my file and I had to push back closing again. As with the first time it got pushed, after numerous representations by the loan officer that they would be able to close on time. I'm still waiting for the review to finish up, and at this point have no expectations of them. They really seem to spend maybe around 5-10 minutes a day on your file, and remain unresponsive to any calls or emails. Pretty horrible. Use a different bank.

Not sure about Bank of America Mortgages?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right mortgage company for you.

Bank of America Mortgages Company Information