Bank of America Mortgages
3.52/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Bank of America Mortgages

Bank of America has credit cards for a variety of purposes, including travel. Read reviews for Bank of America Travel Rewards to learn about travel rewards.

View More View More

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Bank of America Mortgages Reviews

Original review: May 11, 2019

I liked the fact that they have pay plans. We paid weekly on our home and they took the payment right out of our account. I didn't care for the fact that we had 3 month left to pay and they sold our mortgage.

Original review: April 27, 2019

They are very responsive. Send useful updates monthly and offer changes that may be helpful. Due to my circumstances I have not taken these suggestions, but had I been younger I would have. They post when our payment was received. They give alerts of an upcoming payment is due. Overall they are helpful.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I just recently bought a house under Bank of America home loan program. My loan officer was Kevin **. I have to say that the service Kevin and his team provided was excellent. They were able to close my loan on time. Communication with anyone on the team was superb. In the end, the closing costs were very close to the estimated ones. There was no surprise at the end. Kevin also gave me very good interest rate. Loan review with Underwriters was a bit annoying and hectic but I guess it is the same across the board. Obviously, Kevin and his team helped me every step of the way. Communication with Kevin and loan processor, Karlee ** was very good. Anytime I would have question for them, I would just email them to give me a call at their earliest convenience. They would give me a call back promptly within an hour or 2 at most. I would recommend any of my friends Bank of America home loan especially Kevin ** and his team.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I have been with Bank Of America mortgage for well over 20 years on more than one house. Their customer service and mortgage loan experience is awesome. I haven’t had any complaints in all the years I been with them. They always friendly service and always came through when needed for mortgage lending. Their customer service and website app is awesome.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

For years I dissuaded my clients from using the big banks for home loans, especially Bank of America because of outsourcing underwriting, poor communication and never closing on time. I recently had a client who insisted upon using Bank of America, much to my dread. I was amazingly surprised. Brian ** - major, the loan officer with Bank of America in Rockwall, TX did a fantastic job. It was pain-free and the deal closed EARLY! I was shocked. I cannot say how other branches or loan officers would do, but Brian made it happen and even came to closing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

Started off with a refinance in August, locked a great rate and gave them all the paperwork. Kept following up with documents here and there and everything seemed to be going good. Then come to find out they had trouble reviewing one of my documents. I sent them clear documents and as far as I know they could review them. Then days went by with no response, kept calling and emailing but nothing. Then logged into my account one day and the refinance link was gone. Called to talk to anyone I could and come to find out through them that my application was denied because they had trouble reading another doc. Everything sent to them was prompt and very clear. Absolutely horrible experience. Never got an email or a call stating it was denied, nor given an option to change the documents to their request. Was a banking customer for 14 years until this happened. Would not recommend wasting your time with their mortgage department.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Absolute worst experience of my life using this bank for a mortgage and severely regret it. Expect months of delays, lost paperwork, unending requests for ridiculous types of documentation that goes on for months, 20 different people handling your file, the list goes on. They also charge $1500 “application fee.” This bank has the worst customer ratings of all banks, and it is well documented. Please do not use a big national bank for a mortgage and choose a local one to do your business with.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

One of the loan officers messed up an email, which led to all my personal info being sent to a random email address. Then, had to push back my originally scheduled closing date after numerous representations that it would close on time despite the fact that I provided everything they asked of me. After pushing it back 10 days, the bank yet again failed to get through reviewing my file and I had to push back closing again. As with the first time it got pushed, after numerous representations by the loan officer that they would be able to close on time. I'm still waiting for the review to finish up, and at this point have no expectations of them. They really seem to spend maybe around 5-10 minutes a day on your file, and remain unresponsive to any calls or emails. Pretty horrible. Use a different bank.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

In my experience, I was the Realtor representing the Seller. BoA contacted me at almost 5 pm on the day of the 2nd scheduled closing to let me know "We're working to close" but of course for the 2nd time we weren't closing. The lack of communication and total disregard for other's time and money is totally unacceptable. In the future, I'm going to let my potential clients know of my experience with BoA and if they are using BoA, that they definitely shop around. People think that they should just go to their bank for a mortgage loan. Mortgage lenders are offering the same products but not the same follow through and customer service. Always shop around.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I was 19 when I opened My Bank of America account, 28 yrs later, They had taken my Countrywide 2008 mortgage loan over, with knowing it contained the Documents of Falsified, fraud, Perjury,and Robo-signing as My loan was Toxic. I Think its came to the time of Bank of America sending a loan modification letter, On 9/23/2008 that read "We pleased to advice you that your loan modification has been approved." It's states on top of letter Portfolio Solution CB loan # ----** as now being converted from Pay Option Adjustable rate mortgage Arm/ into a 5/1 Arm with 10 year Interest only mortgage in Accordance with the Modification note.

Countrywide in 3 years raised my principal $40k making it impossible to make my monthly mortgage payments, So Bank of America that comes in to save the WORLD 2008, offer this as Countrywide has included there 14 pages as DEED of TRUST That has these words SECURITY INSTRUMENTS and Planned development rider that shows I initialed, but initials are not from me initialing, or ever seeing these 14 pages in 2005? So B of A continues with moving forward and continue making interest only payments as my only option to keep from foreclosing? With this as making my 23 month marriage become a Divorce and going thru 1 1/2 of court dates I COLLAPSE as a HEART ATTACK, as I'm recovering and ending up paying $80k in my divorce 2010. I'm back to My loan as needing to get verification of all this 14 pages, notes, security Instruments, riders, planned development, etc.

My mom falls, hits her head, in a coma 63 days and passes 11/1/2011. I'm completely assumed in her passing as the sale of being in a business the last 16 yrs, of being a partnership with Thieves that been stealing moneys from the business for the last 5 years of the sale that took 3 yrs that started in 2009 and finalized in 2/01/2012.

I'm back on my loan as B of A Still continues to feel they helped me out with offering this 10 modification they shoved down my throat as I never could get answers to why trying to get a loan modification as my only way out of this TOXIC Countrywide loan, as Now thinking as Predatory lending has taken place as my reasoning of B of A saying 3 times the applications for modification were never received at the modification departments in 2014, 2015, 2016, but here comes a letter saying My loan is going to end in 2018 Nov 1, if I Want to do modification / get loan assistance I need to as B of A SENDS me the application in late 2016 as the first application never made it to me by mail, So they send it Again and fill out another application, but didn't get it back to them before 2/12/2017 as the next letter comes saying "we're not going be able to process your modification" because they haven't received it in time.

So on the 10 yr interest only loan that B of A OFFERED as HELPING TO continue the toxic Countrywide they seemed to blindside me with during all these settlements I missed /or failed to even think at these times of going thru hardships. 3/23/2017 my dad passes fight his fight with dementia the last 6 yrs. As of now I've failed in a marriage, failed in my trying to get my mortgage figured out, lost both of parents, the thieves found it possible to hide everything that was taken as moneys, and in return tried to sue me for saying I didn't hold up to the LLC, agreements as never happened. So back to loan as of November 1st 2018 the day it ended of starting NOVEMBER 1 2008 Bank of America Rapidly sold my loan off by sending me a notice on October 15 2018 to RUSHMORE LOAN SERVICES with Still holding theses toxic countrywide terms as security Instruments etc.

I finally received from B of A after they sold / traded of the security instruments and its greed for resulting profits. NOW you tell me how $3600.00 a month mortgage payments I've been making for the last 9 months and trying to explain To RUSHMORE I can't make these payments much longer as they, answer back as they weren't the ORIGINATOR Of this loan, BANK OF AMERICA/ COUNTRYWIDE WERE??? I have tried everything, but hanging myself to get Bank of AMERICA TO say they did nothing but try and help me in 2008, and furthermore can't get them to respond to say Thank you for the last 38 years of being a VALUE TO MAKING US A PROFIT OF YOUR MONEYS.

Bank of America THE WORST BANK in the World, This bank has taken the last of life I have Today as Soon as Next month My home I've tried to keep from foreclosing for 10 years as feeling I have no other way as BANK OF AMERICA has help me get to this with knowing this day would come by how toxic this loan they refused to give me as the laws of just A FAIR LENDING OPPORTUNITY they refused, because of GREED OF THE LOVE OF MONEY, SAD BUT IT'S THE GODS TRUTH (ECCLESIASTES 5:9) Whoever loves money never has money enough, Whoever has wealth is never satisfied with his income, This to meaningless as BANK OF AMERICA Being helpful as the laws they have refused to be ACCOUNTABLE to withhold as holding me to a debt that I don't owe.

I can only blame myself as the last 10 yrs I've lost everything I've loved the the most even my home of paying over $340 in the last 17 yrs. and have nothing to show for or even to share with. Thank for all your help Bank of America and don't have any idea how many families, homes, people, you have effected with stealing the Americans dream of someday saying they own a home they worked hard for to be free of a mortgage payment and to be proud of it.

Bank of America Mortgages Company Information