Bank of America Mortgages

We are official Bank of America reps, here to help, listen & learn from our customers.

Compare Mortgage Companies

Research top Mortgage Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Used to have a home mortgage loan with Bank of America. One day they decide to sell my loan to a different company. Been paying loan to a new company. By accident I found a letter letting me know there is a check for $1360.70 to belongs to me and I never cash that check. That check got lost somewhere. Make couple of calls to Bank of America, giving the runaround. Someone said yes found records and will issue a new check. Ask them if they have my money why didn't deposit to my account. They wish I never find around and keep the money. Been trying to recoup my money. Even I went to a branch and the employee was really disappointed with the chase, gave up.

After few weeks waiting for a check in the mail called back. Nobody knows nothing. Someone said to send letter and start over. Someone said call Delaware state unclaim, since I live in MD. I mentioned why since I don't live in that state. No record, and said to check in 2 months. Call back to Bank of America today they said check with State of Maryland. They said don't have nothing. Just wonder where is my money. Wonder if someone can help against big corporations.

Ya, we got screwed over by B of A. They talked us into refinancing our home under HARP. Long story short. Several thousand in fees (added to loan with interest) and ended up with a 40 dollar decrease in monthly payment. Ya like that is going to save me from losing my house. LOL. BofA is making a ton of money off of the HARP program. It is impossible to get any information from any government agency as to where the hundreds of millions goes in the HARP program. I have tried. All the agencies including HARP say, "We have no idea were the money goes. Including B of A." Really!! You guys are the recipients of the HARP program. Biggest scam in the banking industry and NOBODY is investigating. So sad but good for B of A and other loan institutions.

I have a 15 year mortgage that started January 1 of 2002 and was supposed to end on December of 2016. They sold my mortgage to Nationstar bank in June of 2013. It is now June of 2017 and I am still paying on a mortgage and nationstar says I owe 10,000 dollars and has to be paid in full or I will default on my mortgage. When I called them they told me that's the information they got when they bought the loan so I called Bank of America to see what happened and they said because when I used a budget fitter coupon my loan changed from a 15 year fixed rate of 6.50 percent to a daily interest loan which they explained my loan is a 305 loan which is not a good loan and I said, “Now you tell me this after paying for 15 years and 6 months on time and never missing a payment.” In the coupon book it states if you are up to date you can use a budget fitter coupon. It does not say anything about your mortgage rates changing.

Had I have known this I would have not done a loan with Bank of America. They should have disclosed this at settlement and did not or is it stated in my paperwork. Now they said to take out a home equity loan to pay off my mortgage payment. I don't think it is right to charge an extra 10,000 in interest for using 6 budget fitter coupons. This is ridiculous. After paying over 15 years my mortgage should be done and if I don't pay 10,000 dollars in two months I will default which will ruin my credit as well as having to pay 25 percent interest on the balance. This is unfair and unethical. I signed for a 15-year conventional loan at 6.50 percent not a daily interest bearing loan. That is why they do this to get you to do a home equity loan and that should be illegal and there should be a class action lawsuit against Bank of America. I'm sure they have done this to many other people. They are a terrible bank and mortgage company to deal with.

My ex and I have had a mortgage with Bank of America for over 20 years. I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and my ex decided he wanted out. He filed for divorce and stopped paying the mortgage. BoA "generously" offered me a mortgage modification. Once I made the 3 payments they were asking for all the back penalties, interest etc. would be wiped clean, and I'd start with a clean record making the new payments. I wish I'd gone through foreclosure. It would have been a more pleasant experience.

I have spent weeks on the phone, eventually refusing to talk to anyone except my case manager. How do I get in touch with him? I have to keep calling back, over and over and over, till he happens to pick up. How fun is that? Once he realized I was going to keep after him to took note and decided to call me every Monday with updates. I've been speaking with him weekly, often more than weekly, since March and he told me my modification was approved and all we were doing was waiting for the final paperwork. For 6 - SIX - 6 weeks he told me everything was fine, the modification was approved and the back penalties would be erased as soon as the paperwork was done.

Then he called this Monday and said "Oops". Literally. That is what he said. "You're not going to like this" he said. "Turns out your modification was not approved and you have to start the process over". What did he say when I asked why? He said "It's Fannie Mae, not us". Fannie Mae said "Um yeah, no that's BoA". What difference does it make? Two things: 1) I have to "start" the 3 month modification period over again. I get to spend another 3 months during which my credit report shows I owe ridiculous amounts of $ to these crooks. More importantly-2) Apparently they can do whatever they want and there is no recourse for the customer. How does that work? Let's suppose I start the new 3 month modification period? What happens then?? Will they actually honor what they claim? Or will they say "Oops" start over.

Even our court system isn't this screwed up. Once you've paid your dues (i.e. completed the 3 month modification you were told to complete) you can't be re-tried. There are no "Oops" in our court system. But apparently, BoA can use this whenever they want to, and I am told I have no recourse. Today I was told by the "supervisor" that he would "escalate this to the escalation team" and would get back to me on Friday, but I should expect no different answer from them. When I asked who else I could talk to he said "no one".

So, BoA lies, jerks me around, forces me to spend hours on the phone during which I'm repeatedly lied to, then tells me I have no recourse. Oops. And I'm guessing that despite that recording you have to listen to that says "This call may be recorded for training purposes" won't apply to my case. I'm guessing that if there are any recordings of my conversations with my case managers they are being erased as I write this.

I suggested he let his "escalation team" know that I am a single mother with cancer who was ** over by an ex who refused to pay the mortgage and gee... Think social media will think "Oops" is an acceptable response? Un Freaking believable. Come Friday afternoon, East Coast time, you will probably be able to join my new FB group titled "People Screwed Over by Bank Of America."

In 2015 my mother who had her first and second mortgage with them wanted to consolidate them so she applied to refinance. Everything was going well until they saw her trust that they decided was "not acceptable". This trust was created by a very capable lawyer. When we refused to redo the family trust we did not hear anything back from this bank so we went elsewhere and moved her accounts from the bank.

Fast forward to 2017... My spouse and I who have our first mortgage with them and a second with another bank wanted to consolidate both mortgages. This time we provided every document requested in a timely fashion. Unfortunately they were not satisfied with the legal documents provided to them so they began to ask that my spouse's employer provide the documents. This was no problem but the employer was uncertain exactly what information was needed and requested that the bank call them to explain what was needed. The bank agreed to but did not; what they did was close the application without notifying us.

A few days later we got a letter telling us that the application was closed. Of course they got and accepted the documents from my spouse's employer and told us that they would consider starting the application again and would call us within the hour. That was over one week ago and we're still waiting on that return call. We have called several times and NO ONE has returned our calls. The only thing they did was refund the non-refundable appraisal charge. I will tell everyone I know not to use this bank. We have been customers for about 20 years and this is the great customer service provided by the mortgage department.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

Very poor service and treatment I got from BOA mortgage in Fort Walton, FL. I have been BOA customer for decades that what is the reason I chose BOA for my mortgage loan. Due to the ongoing harassment and discrimination, I have received over the past 8 weeks in attempting to close escrow. BOA agency continually changed the rules on me during the escrow/loan process which resulted in the loan not going through/escrow never closing. Continually asked me where I obtained the money from for the down payment on the home (even though I informed you I was previously a business owner and had money from said business), and continually asked for more money but made unrealistic demands on how you would accept said monies.

You made me jump through hoops, when, in retrospect, it’s very apparent you had no intention of ever approving the home loan/closing escrow on the aforementioned property, even though I have almost perfect credit and have had continual employment/career longevity in a supervisor capacity for many years (over 10 years) with the same employer. BOA unethical business practices are completely unacceptable, let alone illegal. I would be filing a complaint with the appropriate agencies regarding the unfair treatment, the ongoing harassment, and discrimination that I have endured due to my marital status (as I am single), gender/sex (as I am female) as well as race and national origin.

Furthermore, as a direct result of ongoing harassment and discrimination, I suffered an on-going extreme amount of stress. All of the calls to/from agency happened during normal business hours over the past several weeks. Last week when you continued to make outrageous and impossible demands wanting more money and how you would accept said monies, I was at work when, all of a sudden, I had difficulty breathing as well as severe chest pain. My employer called 911, as they believed I was having a heart attack.

Although I was released from the Emergency Room, I was told my condition was a direct result of extreme stress. My employer asked me to stay home on Friday (5/12/17) to try and get rest/recuperate and so now I have lost an accrued sick day as well, due to BOA heinous actions. In conclusion, BOA unethical and illegal business practices have caused me both mental and physical injury as well as a significant monetary loss.

We've had a very bad experience with this branch (Arizona). The branch is extremely slow to get any feedback/answers (looking at other people's complaints, it seems like this is pretty common with other BofA branches as well). There is probably too much bureaucracy. It can be acceptable to some extent but it is very frustrating. The other issue is lack of transparency with the lending officers. We've realized that the lending officer is not very knowledgeable about the process. He essentially got training while working with us. He made up a story (without our consent) to the underwriter that the loan should be contingent upon my job transfer. It was never discussed with us until ~ two weeks to close the deal.

When I asked him why he did it. His answer is that he just made an assumption and he did not feel like discussing with us before doing that. He also made a lot of other mistakes that I don't have space here to describe, including religious bias. We lost a lot of money and time due to this branch's fraudulent activities. Also, it is really hard to explain this to higher management. They simply ignore and defend bad practices. In short summary, this branch exercises one of the worst business practices by conning people. I am hoping that growing awareness will help other people stay away from this company and at some point, regulators will pitch in, similar to Wells Fargo case, and then CEO/higher management will notice due to investors' pressure.

I am experiencing a financial hardship. I am 4 payments past due, but my account has been transferred to their foreclosing department. They sent me paperwork for a home loan modification. I faxed in the required documents at one of their banks for fee. A few days later Bank of America declined my modification. They fabricated my income that I receive more income. Which they did this on purpose just to cause me this foreclosing nightmare. I have appealed the decision. But they sure did say that I qualified for a short sale, of course they want to take my home and my home equity. I was on a payment plan. Which I do have my bank statements to where they cashed my check for the past due amount. You just have to file bankruptcy and ruin your credit. Because you can't trust them to accurately post or update your account. Because they want to steal your home and not work out a home loan modification.

Very poor service from the BofA mortgage department in Albany, NY. I have been a BofA customer for decades, but I am now considering closing my accounts and moving my money elsewhere. Our agent was very hard to contact, usually requiring two or three calls or emails over several days just to get one call back. This should have served as a warning, but I was blinded by the freebies and good mortgage rate. If you do use BofA get everything in writing... Everything! We were promised $2000 cash back at closing but never saw the money. We were also charged $500 because our rate lock expired. When I called to complain and plead my case the agent was very rude to me on the phone.

After we closed she completely stopped returning my calls and emails. I would expect this type of behavior from a fly by night mortgage lender, not BofA. I would definitely steer clear of BofA. This experience has really left a bad taste in my mouth. I am currently shopping around at other banks so I can close my decades old BofA accounts.

I have been a customer with Bank of America for years after they took over for Countrywide. I had very bad loan thru Countrywide due to lies and misrepresentation of loan, meaning they did not include our homeowners or property taxes so for last 10 years I have been paying in full out of pocket with NO ESCROW. When I tried to pay a little extra every month I had hoped this would just be placed in an escrow so I could build it up and eventually pay thru escrow. How I was told since I did not have escrow they could only apply to principal loan... Fine - Forward to December 2016, money got tight and could not afford homeowners, so Bank of America opened an escrow and put a lender placed homeowners insurance on account. I was billed $1699.00 for February 2017 which I paid in full, and also kept making normal monthly payments of $1065 only to start receiving bills in the amount of $1400+.

When I called they stated this is the new cost due to escrow. I tried explaining that I do not have an escrow and that my account is current. After speaking with Nicole, Crystal then finally Sharmica on March 6, 2017 I was informed this would be REANALYZED, and the misappropriated funds would be corrected. Sharmica confirmed on recorded line, escrow balance at $0, monthly payments all current and correct monthly payment only $1046 (est). However stated it would take a few days to update. However everything ok on my end... Fast forward to April 24th as now we are being inundated with phone, e-mails about being behind with mortgage.

I called again, spoke with Brantley then Vanessa who finally transferred me to a supervisor Kyra whom told me that due to lender placed insurance, I am now required to have an open escrow which made my April payment (already paid) $1400+ and the May payment go down to $1200+ for remainder of loan which has now increased our monthly payment by over $200 without being properly notified. Also due to their mistake since it now looks like we have not paid the full monthly due we have now been charged over $100 in late fees and show over $800 past due. DUE TO THEIR MISTAKE.

When I requested my March 6, 2017 call be pulled, I was refused and told I would need to submit request in writing. This has to be one of the worst mortgage companies bullying customers into late fees and possible foreclosures. I have reached out to an attorney (hopefully for some guidance) and a new lender (hopefully able to refinance with lower payments and monthly amount due with no hidden costs) and no lying... sick of paying for other people's mistakes.

During the refinancing process I had a locked rate to a specific date. That was not honored by Bank of America. They cancelled my application and offered a higher rate as soon as they knew interest rates were going up. When I questioned it I was told by the person facilitating the process that not all of the required info was provided and she did not know it herself because she was out sick and that they should not have cancelled it but that there was nothing she could do. All of that was before the locked in rate date passed.

I wrote to her and her supervisor but never heard from him and the issue was not resolved. I had to go ahead with the NEW rate because the mortgage I had with them for 10 years had matured and it would have increased my payment drastically. I was ripped off and did not have a choice. After the closing date I noticed that I was charged double for the appraisal and it took weeks before I was given credit for that. That is how they treat a ten year customer. My mortgage payment is now over $100 higher than it should be.

Shame on BOA! - I have been a loyal Bank of America customer since 2005. I currently have a Home Equity Line of Credit with BOA for $100K. I write to inform you of my recent dealings with various BOA representatives, which were both troubling, unprofessional, and questionable. On February 7, 2017, I contacted Aaron **, Mortgage Loan Specialist by phone at Bank of America to discuss a Home Equity Line of Credit. I currently have a Home Equity Line of Credit with Bank of America for $100K. The draw period for my existing line of credit expires August 18, 2018 and the available credit on the line is $25K. During our conversation, Aaron told me my rate would be prime plus .130 and my house should appraise for around $285K. Accordingly, I was told that I could expect to receive 70% of the home value for the home equity line of credit.

On February 22, 2017, I was contacted by Nancy **. Nancy and I discussed the outstanding items she needed to complete my application. It is important to note, the items did not include a recorded lien release. Nancy stated my rate would be prime plus .230% and could not provide any explanation for the difference in rate. Second, Nancy stated my house appraised at $274K, which was different from the appraisal amount I received from Aaron only approximately 15 days before. I was later told by Richard **, HSS Manager, that my home appraised at $305K. Again, I am highlighting the varying information I am receiving from different Bank of America representatives. During my last conversation on March 20, 2017 with Nancy, I was told that she came across an outstanding lien against the property. Per her request, I provided her with the information of the lien holder.

During our last conversation with Nancy, I specifically asked if the lien, which was in my mothers name, against my property would be an issue. I told Nancy, I could pay the lien off if it was an issue. She stated she needed to talk to the lien holder first and she would call me back. This lien had been on my home since 2002 and present at the time I was approved for the initial LOC approximately eight years ago. I never received a return phone call from Nancy. Instead, On March 24, 2017 a Bank of America representative called to inform me that my application had been denied. Per my conversation with Tom ** on March 24, 2017, Nancy never even called him to see if the lien holder. Furthermore, Nancy never return emails or phone call in a timely manner if at all.

On March 27, 2017, I reached out to Nancy's manager Richard **. Richard informed me the only outstanding items were a copy of the recorded lien release and my Capital One bank statement showing the source of the funds used to pay off the lien. Per my request, he sent me a confirmation email stating the same thing. I specifically asked Richard about my property, so there was no confusion as to the location of the home. During the call, Richard stated the appraisal was good for 90 days. I explicitly asked about this because I did not want to pay the $15K only to denied for the loan. Richard went on to provide the appraisal amount. He stated the appraisal had been completed and I would be approved for my original amount of $199K because the appraisal higher than $274K. I have a copy of the appraisal that was done on my home dated March 20th.

On April 12, 2017, I provided both documents to Richard via email. In the same email chain, On April 12, 2017 at 12:58 pm, Richard stated, “I have received your satisfaction of mortgage. We will just need the Capital One bank statement to source the funds used to pay off the lien. Once this is received, we will review for reactivation and once reactivated we will need to get an updated title”. After receiving that message, I resent the bank statement. Subsequently, I received a phone call from Richard stating it is now a requirement that Bank of America complete a full home walk through before approving the home equity line of credit.

I am having trouble understanding why neither Nancy nor Richard conveyed the need for a physical walk through until this point in the process. It seems to me that, Nancy and Richard are unfamiliar with Bank of America processes and both were looking for ways to disqualify me. Why would Nancy order the wrong type of appraisal? Why would Richard state the appraisal was good for 90 days if it is was the wrong type of appraisal? Furthermore, I am curious to know if this walk through policy is implemented at the discretion of the home service specialist manager. I still don't understand the exact purpose of coming into my home other than to find another reason to disqualify me.

Road blocks and hurdles have been strategically inserted to block my application. Richard ** assured me that my home equity line of credit would be approve if I paid off the lien and provided documentation as to the source of the funds. The lien has been paid off. Richard should be held accountable for his statements. My home equity line of credit should have been approved.

I inherited property in Florida ** from my brother (Phillip **). I qualified as the Executor, and probated the property and provided Bank of America (BOFA) with the estate documents, including the order of probate, the closure of the estate, and the court order transferring the real property to my name. During the time frame, BOFA has refused to provide any statements on the account, transfer the loan for notice and mailing purposes to my name and address, and refused to provide the required 1099-INT for the 2016 loan interest.

As a result I am now placed in the very difficult position of having to estimate the loan balance due and the amount of interest paid during 2016 for purposes of my 2016 federal and state tax returns. BOFA is unwilling to provide any information, and it appears that they are hoping to force a default and then implement foreclosure, but I am sending estimated payments each month to prevent that action. I noted that BOFA just incurred a major judgment for treating other consumers in the same manner. It is a prime example of why consumers should not deal with BOFA for any financial needs.

I tried to apply for a renewal of a home equity line of credit that I had for 10 years. Both times the application was closed out by the bank because all info was not received according to the bank. The second time I did it I worked with the local branch in Cranston and they submitted all the paperwork directly to their home equity dept. The same result. They closed the file for a lack of info. They said I could do it a third time but I think not. Who would want to continue to waste their time? They were not making enough money on this loan for the past 10 years so they blew things up. This bank back office operations is terrible. Try any other bank. The local branch is great. Home equity loans the worse. This also happened to my business partner!

I have been working with Bank of America to get a modification, forbearance, refinance, since October 2016. Due to me driving for Uber on the side they wanted me to have a profit loss form completed, even though I have a full time job and they have proof of my income from that job. I completed the form as instructed and was told that it could not be filled out by me. I had to have a CPA do this and pay a CPA. I reached out to CPA's and it was too expensive to get this form done. I was in constant communication with Bank of America and was told several times that I was not in foreclosure. I also made payments here and there to try to keep myself out of foreclosure and keep my home.

When W2's started rolled in I reached out to the bank and offered my 1099 for 2016 for Uber instead and they said that they were waiting to see if the underwriter will accept it and would call me back in 10 business days. No call back came so I called them back and was told that I could submit the profit loss form myself again and be specific. I was also told to make 2 payment and my mortgage would continue to be ok (this was on 03/08/2017). This would keep me out of foreclosure. I walked into my local branch and made 4 payments, not 2, but all 4 payments for Nov, Dec 2016 and Jan, Feb 2017 on 3/10/2017. This left me only owing for this current month 03/2017. I paid the full past due and took a screen shot of what I owed and paid. I looked at my balance online and notices that all of my payments were put back into my checking account.

I called back to the mortgage department and was told that I am now in foreclosure and they want my March 2017 payment plus attorney fees. It is currently March 14, 2017. I asked when did I go into foreclosure and they told me that I had been in foreclosure ever since October 2016. I asked, "if that were the case why did you take all of my other individual payments, but when I pay everything up, you refund those 4 payments, plus your calls are recorded and you will hear your rep telling me to pay 2 payments. Why did you to take my other payments since October 2016 if I was in foreclosure?" I got the runaround. I asked when was a letter mailed telling me I was in foreclosure.

Get this people!!!! They told me a letter went out today and is in the mail. I said "well if that's the case I wasn't in foreclosure when I made those 4 payments 03/10/2018." I am currently waiting for a call back from a mortgage manager to clear this matter up but was told that the manager was not going to help me. He is going to tell me the same thing. Looks like I am going to have to move out of my home. I will be able to pay my March mortgage payment, however I will not have attorney fees. Bank of America never intended to give me a forbearance, modification, or refinance and they definitely don't intend of helping me. For some reason they really want my house. I don't understand how a bank can do this. If someone reads this and can help or give me some guidance please post. I will be reading these reviews daily.

They made me jump thru hoops to refinance to a lower rate on two houses. Rejected one and told me to reapply. They held the two original mortgages and I was never late but they told me I was a bad risk.

I refinanced my B of A home loan last Fall (2016). The escrow amount they projected was off by more than 50%. Now they insist I must increase my monthly payment by $500. Their wrong information led to a bad financial forecast and I believe it borders on criminal!

Bank of America Mortgages is the worst mortgage company. They would not refinance my mortgage and moved it to some holding company because I have a jumbo loan. They are deceptive and did not help homeowners in the recession. All of our houses are under water. They refused to refinance if we were current.

BOA acquired our loan from Countrywide (2008) on a property we have owned for 11 years now. We have never been late on our mortgage and we have very decent credit. We've tried to refinance this mortgage three times in the last 5 years to reduce our interest rate and create better cash flow. Each and every time, BOA has some excuse for why they can't improve the interest rate they are charging us (loan to value too much; not enough assets; it's an investment property, etc.). Mind you, we've had the same rate for seven years!

I encourage anyone looking for a mortgage to bypass Bank of America. You will regret it if you secure a mortgage with them. The mortgage reps are unprofessional, dishonest and BOA appears to be interested only in taking your money - not really providing quality, valuable service to the community. Today, I was discussing a refinance with Corey **, a loan officer and he just "hung up" on me while I was questioning the rate he offered. Completely unprofessional, but I suspect this is how they treat all customers which is why there are tons of negative reviews and a horrible track record on this site. It just seems that something should be done about companies who operate like this.

Bank of America almost made us lose our home. We tried for a mortgage modification three different times and were approved and then told we don't qualify. The people working there knew nothing about the last person you spoke with, nothing ever written down in three years. Had to hire a lawyer and we finally got sold to Caliber or we still wouldn't have a mortgage. Bank of America is a horrible establishment, whenever you think you are getting ahead, they move you to someone else and you start all over again. Bank of America is the worst mortgage company ever existing and should be made to pay all of us with mortgages back for all the money they stole from me and all the others. Horrible people, from top to bottom.

Over the course of 20 years, I have dealt with Bank of America on the buying and selling end of homes. My first mortgage, the rep went on vacation the week I was closing, my title documents were mailed to the escrow company. Basically, before the internet, I had to drive and deliver the papers myself. Next I was a Bank of America customer, I contacted them for a loan for my next home. My paper work was in check, but due to the organizations slow responses I went to another financial institution to get a loan, otherwise I would not have bought the home I wanted. After this frustration, my loan was sold to them a month after I bought the home and then they eventually sold my loan to another company.

Lastly, I was selling a home, and yet again, Bank of America almost screwed up a sale. This time the buyer, on day 44 of a 30 day loan, was contacted about taxes. Again the inept organization almost ruined a transaction. Luckily, the buyers to pay cash for my home, and Bank of America was thankfully not part of the deal. I would stress even being pre-qualified, to stay away because of this bank's businesses practices. Over the course of 18 years, I am now removing my finances from this bank.

I started an application for a line of credit two months ago. My house has no mortgage and is appraised at $470K. I was told I had 2 months to submit the required documents but the application was closed after only 10 days due to incomplete documents. I had to call numerous times for information and was told that the application was still in process.

Every time I called to check on the application I was told that they hadn't received something or needed more information. They were unable to comprehend the land trust I have for the house. I was told not to worry if we miss the 2 month deadline I could just start the process again with a new application. Why would I go back to them? They were unable to give a clear explanation of what more they needed so I finally told them to cancel the application 4 days before the deadline so I could go somewhere else. At that time they told me the application had been denied a month ago even though they kept asking for documents right up to the day I canceled it! I didn't get an answer for why it was denied, the woman kept contradicting herself. Such a huge waste of time. I was able to do another application in one day with BMO Harris - no problem with my documents! It has already gone to underwriters.

Bank of America just arbitrarily increased my mortgage payment for no reason. I haven't missed a payment in many years! What is this? A contract is a contract. If they can just up my payment whenever they want to then what stops them from just adding a couple of thousand when they need more cash? Absolute highway robbery. It's BS!

In 2015, we closed on a mortgage with Bank of America. At the end of 2016, we decided to refinance to lower our mortgage rate. We have always impounded both our taxes and insurance in escrow with BoA. On 2016, when we signed the closing documents to refinance, we again checked the box to create an impound account for our homeowner's insurance and property taxes. We signed the documents in front of the notary and our refinance closed. In December, I received a bill from our Homeowner's Insurance asking for the premium payment. I informed them that this bill needs to be sent to the bank.

I contacted the mortgage loan officer in charge of the refinance and forwarded the bill. She pulled up the closing documents and said "You are right. This is supposed to be impounded. Let me fix that on our end." I followed up a few days later and was told that everything was taken care of. Fast forward to January 2017, when I get an email from my homeowner's insurance telling me that my premium is past due. This is beyond outrageous. I NEVER would have even done the refinance if the bank's calculated monthly payment did NOT include the impound of my homeowner's insurance. Why? Because I wouldn't have saved any money by refinancing. I cannot believe that I am spending another minute dealing with this issue. Refinancing with Bank of America was a HUGE mistake.

In October of 2016, I was offered a home equity loan by Bank of America at a rate of 2.24% for a year. I understood that at the end of the first year, the rate was to be prime less 0.42%. Based on this promise, I transferred my fixed mortgage with Regions Bank to BAC. We closed on this loan in November, and throughout the entire process, I was told the rate would be 2.24% for the first year. To my surprise and dismay, I received my January statement on Friday after the bank had closed; and I discovered that my rate had been changed from 2.24% to 2.49%!

I made the 30-minute drive to the bank Monday morning to speak with my representative at the bank, since he had not responded to my email to call me in what I felt was a timely fashion. He was as surprised as I was, and he called their consumer loan department. He was told that it was because the Feds had raised the rate. Since this had not happened in the last 8 years (before he was employed by BAC), he was apparently not aware that it would affect my introductory rate either; and he was apologetic. Basically, however, he told me there's nothing I can do about it! He said that they are now offering 2.49% for the first year. I told him that he needs to tell his customers that this too will be affected if the Feds raise the rates again. Otherwise, he is lying to his customers as he and BAC lied to me!

Crooked, FRAUD, dishonest bank. Not to be trusted bank! I read reviews, the millions who've suffered under the bank's own choice rules. Crooked, fraud + dishonest practices, will best describe my horrid and still continuing experience with BoA. Really? Really! Here goes... Had a condo. I'd occasionally take a small mortgage and pay off with BoA since 1989, owned free and clear. Come Aug. 2005 I decided to purchase a subsequent home (my cash) bought at height of economic boom. Come Sept. 2006, while vacationing, a "eager beaver mortgage co." per BoA (you know... from Countrywide?)... We signed papers yet didn't receive till 2 mos. later, the over inflated appraisal, pics clearly on condo, they produced.

BoA's right hand pretends not to know what their left hand is dipping into, indulging themselves, as their CEO. The hard earned cash I'd paid for my home, unrelated to condo, did have a credit line, I took through BoA, that I'd build up, pay off, build and pay... till? By 2009 I became suspect, smelling fraud... BoA pulling a bait and switch to compensate their own pockets, noting the condo with home's legal (still not corrected, mortgage at condo paid, making my home worthless)!

If a attorney take this case, BoA has yrs. of knowledge, is intrinsic fraud (prefer an expert on BoA antics). Per judicial ruling, their disgusting effort to do a slanderous summary judgment, Judge DENIED. I am legally blind and have complained to Attorney General's Office. In spite of, BoA rules to a tune of their own. I'm sick of it!

I am currently late on my mortgage for the second time. Bank of America has agreed to approved us for forbearance. We had a hard time making payments of $1350! Now for the next 5 months I have to pay them $1,900 to keep my home. At one time when my payments were on time I called them if the PMI could be reduced or taken out. I don't remember what the story was but the answer was no. At another time I was not even to make payments online because I was late on the payments. So now we will be more stressed for the next 5 months. I don't recommend them.

I purchased my home in 2009 and Bank of America bought my mortgage before I could sign all of my papers. To date my mortgage is current, never late. They are constantly trying to get me to refinance and I was contacted by one of their representative about refinancing and he admitted I should not be still paying PMI insurance. I approached Bank of America about dropping the PMI and they told me I need to pay them for another appraisal to determine that my home had not lost value. When their account representative contacted me about refinancing, he told the house I paid $150,000.00 for was not worth $225,000.00. I even brought up the federal law of 1999 regarding PMI that was supposed to protect home buyers against excessive PMI.

Bank of America representative referred to the amortization schedule which is based upon paying only my monthly mortgage and when I should reach that 80%. There is not one problem with my mortgage payments and Bank of America still refuse to acknowledge that I paid extra to get rid of the PMI. Their answer to me “Pay us for another appraisal and we consider dropping the PMI before the date on the Amortization Schedule.”

I called BofA and inquired about a refinance from a ARM to a fixed rate. This was the only honest person I have spoken to in the last 10 years at this corrupt company. He informed me in 2005 or 06 that the housing market has gone down, the rates are lower, and that I should apply for a loan modification. I applied for a loan modification and it has been 10 years and these liars and thieves at BofA have lied, stalled and denied me loan modification when they have four justifications on their home loan site as to who can qualify for a loan modification. I have qualified for three of the four justifications and these liars have stalled, transferred me to more than 9 different so called loan specialists, assigned by the CEO of BofA, and each one of them had me start the process all over again as if they did not have the documents that I had already submitted.

I would get a call from one person and then another and then another followed by a letter telling me that they were assigned to me because of the letter that I sent to the CEO of Bank of America. The information that I sent to, was stored digitally by BofA and they lied at least 7 times when BofA assigned another liar to work with me informing me that BofA had not received the documents that I had submitted at least on 6 different occasions. After 10 years of lies and deceit by BofA personnel they denied my request for a loan modification based on lies and a faulty appraisal that was incorporated by BofA. This is a culture at BofA, as many have said, implemented by the highest level of management at BofA because so many people are lodging exactly the same complaint.

One BofA customer service eventually and accidentally told the truth. She said, "Bank of America will not give you a loan modification on your property because you are not behind on your payments and you have to pay for all of the people who have defaulted on their loans, or walked away from their homes." I have keep the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau informed about all of the lies that Bank of America people have told over the past 10 years and they have informed me they can only pass my complaint on to Bank of America and get them to response. Well this has gone on for over 5 years now and Bank of America knows that there is no government agency that can enforce BofA to be honest with their customers. Therefore Bank of America has created a den of liars and thieves.

I have all of the information supplied by BofA that I sent to them as well as what they sent to me. I also sent as much of this information to the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau as I could. However they have more than enough information supplied to them by me to do something about these thieves if they desire to do so. There is much more to the many lies, stalling and Un-American tactics that BofA has told to me and I have them with a response to no avail. Bank of America personnel will tell you that the call may be recorded. However if you tell the person at BofA that you are recording the conversation they will tell you that if you continue to record they will hang up and in the last instance where I told the Bank of America representative that I was recording our conversation she slammed the telephone down immediately.

Consider this. If the Bank of America representative is telling the truth why is it that they refuse to let you record the conversation however they can record the conversation if they want to? The only reason for this situation, in the opinion of many, is that the Bank of America personnel know that they are going to lie to their customers from the beginning of the conversation and they do not want it on record.

I went with BOA after loanDepot kept raising closing cost. I was promised the same rate locked it in rate. BOA has had my loan since the crash in 2008. I never missed a payment... Ever. I thought I was golden. I have a great credit score. Money in the bank and was going to pay off my loan by paying my loan down to $200.000. I could have just walked away from my mortgage that was way too high in 2008.

BOA took me for a awful refinance trip. No one calls you back. Nobody follows through. My loan officer never got all my papers in on time because he said he was sick... Not once not twice but three times. Nobody not even a supervisor gave me a call when I was waiting for answers. BOA dropped me because my loan officer was away from the office. I was locked in until Dec 05 2016. Guess when I got a call... The 6th of Dec. One day after locked in. Why didn't he file an extension??? Why didn't they have BOA supervisor covering for him if he was always sick? I would like to know if this has happened to anyone else... My loan officer was from Jacksonville Florida. His name is Gerald **. Awful experience... And I am getting a lawyer. Help me please.

Bank of America Mortgages Company Profile