PNC Mortgage
1.12/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

PNC Mortgage

Looking for a mortgage lender?

PNC Mortgage Reviews

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I intended on opening a HELOC on my primary residence, and after researching I decided to apply with PNC. I have excellent credit, good income, and no debt. I completed my application in September, and was approved 9 weeks later. My loan officer was lackadaisical, and hardly responsive. Due to her unprofessional behavior I decided not to sign, and bring my business elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I've been with PNC for over 20 years and have always refinanced with them. However, this time has been a bit of a nightmare. I have faxed over the all the documentation and each time I'm told that that everything is approved awaiting the loan lock. When I sent emails for updates I get no response. Several days later I'm told by Julia that she will get back to me once she talks to Franco ** loan officer. I've waited over two weeks and no response. I started this loan process the middle of September and it's now November. This has been a horrible experience to the point of me cancelling the loan and going with another lender. I can't believe after reading other reviews that there has not been any resolution to the many complaints. I'm so upset and would like to submit a formal request to management.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

My mortgage sold my loan to PNC Mortgage, and is been a nightmare from the last 3 months. They never sent me a notification not either a way to pay the loan. I have to call many times. I try to make automatic payments and is a pain to enroll in their system. Last month they locked me out of the system and to reset the password they need to mail the temporary password I have not received until today, and today when I called to made my payment and ask for new password they charged me a fee even though is not my fault. I asked the lady to waive the fee because is a first time, but she refused. I am very disappointed and upset at this mortgage company, because I did not choose to do business with them, and they do not care because they know if I do not pay on time is my problem. Stay away from them.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

We had banked with PNC for almost 40 years and thought we’d apply for a mortgage with them since they knew us. Big mistake! Despite FICO scores over 800 they would not approve us. They kept asking for more and more documents. After faxing over a ream of paper, we applied somewhere else and were approved in a few days. PNC mortgage staff - Andrew ** and his boss Katie ** were terrible- they would never take responsibility. It was always “the underwriters are asking, not us.” I’ll never work with them again. They don’t return phone calls and you can never reach them. PNC was terrible!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

Fall of 2018 they removed the feature to pay online and make a payment to principal only. I didn't catch it until 2 months after the fact. The auto pay for interest I had set up was much lower and I couldn't figure out why. Then I noticed the payment I made to principal was removed and it went to the interest. The only way to do this now is to mail in a check (waste of money in this electronic world) or to go to a PNC branch and make a payment in person. Who has time for that this day and age? Not to mention a waste of my personal time and gas to get to the bank. Ridiculous feature to remove when it's very simple. I think I'll just get a new HELOC at my own bank. I did this through PNC for my son to use on his home. He had the account there so I tied the loan to his checking. We both have been unhappy for many other reasons but I guess those would be separate reviews.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Called to get some answer to my question. The first lady, could not answer my question. Transfer to another person... he somewhat answered my question then transferred to another lady. She was extremely rude before she listens to me she wanted to transfer to the department I just spoke. I asked her if I could speak to the supervisor. She said the supervisor not available. I asked her can you have your supervisor call me. She then offered to help me. I said I do not want to bounce around, I really would like either her supervisor to speak to me or have her call me. Either way, she was not cooperating with me. She then stopped speaking to me.

Past 30 years I bank with Chase, Wells Fargo, and PNC. Never had any issue with Chase or Wells Fargo. NEVER had any late payment, over-drafted. Actually never paid any fees with ANY bank. I just wanted to understand a few processes so I could get money back due to 3000.00 overpaid. Also wanted to transfer 70K to PNC. If it now normal business hour I would walk up and close with PNC forever. It's OK, I will do that tomorrow for sure.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

Don't even think about refinancing with them. I had all my paperwork on time every time. Fair credit. Needed to refi to fix a few things. Nothing major. Almost 2 months later was denied. Reason. Floor wasnt fixed. Duh. I pulled out tiles to add new ones. Also. Basement not finished. Duh whose basement is finished in Philly? Mine isnt falling apart. It's in really good condition. And said I had a leak in back room. Incorrect. No leak. That was fixed a year ago. I just need to paint. But how will I be able to do anything if I was rejected. And I only owe 25 thousand in my property. I guess I shouldnt refi. Their loss. I have a beautiful home. I truly think all hell would've broken loose if refi would have passed. Thank god it didnt.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Horrible experience today with PNC. Their Chat doesn't work. Their number answers after 40 minutes to tell you to call another number. Then when you get to the next number it drops your call. One hour shot. Would take nothing to talk me out of my mortgage with this company.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

We unfortunately had to file bankruptcy. Ever since then every statement has had a fee attached to it from $15 to $250. When you ask them all they say is that they can not discuss the account as it is in bankruptcy and all they can do is take the money. I asked who I can talk to and I get transferred to a lawyer who will not return calls. We asked them to remove the PMI as we only owe 70% of market value. They refused stating bankruptcy voids all previous transactions. They are so incredibly crooked and as soon as we can refinance we are dropping them soooo fast. Do NOT use these people.

Original review: July 23, 2019

If I could give them zero stars, I would. We entered into a contract to purchase a home and everything seemed to go so smoothly for the first 7 days or so. I paid for the appraisal and after that, things went downhill fast. The Loan Officer had the wrong number to set up the appraisal and rather than reach out to our realtor I guess they decided it would be best to do nothing and let a week go by before trying to find the correct number. I was told on 6/28/19 the Loan Processor was going to contact me within a few business days. 12 days later with no response I took it upon myself to call PNC's main line and track them down myself. Finally touched base with him and he needed additional documentation (understandable) which I provided within 12 hours back to him.

A few days later, mind you, I sent two follow up emails and left a voicemail to confirm the documentation was received. He finally called me back Friday after 4pm, needing additional documentation which was provided to him within 24 hours. During this conversation I expressed my frustrations with the lack of communication I have received during this entire process and that I felt it was not my responsibility to be chasing after PNC employees when I am doing my part in providing all documentation in a timely manner. The loan processor then advises he will have his manager reach out to me to provide assistance. Fast forward another week - no response from anyone in regards to a status of this loan until the following Friday at 5pm I receive an email from the loan processor needing additional documentation. Frustrated, I postponed dinner plans and provided the information within the hour.

Fast forward to Monday, we are to settle on Thursday, moving company is scheduled, utilities are scheduled, the list goes on and needless to say, I reach out yet again for a status update and come to find settlement will not be occurring Thursday. "They have done everything they can in effort to make that happen". The last day of our rate lock was also Thursday. And if you were wondering about the manager contacting me, that never happened either until I called, left her a voicemail and followed up with an email. She did respond via email stating they have done everything they could do. My advice - find a mortgage company that is just as happy for you to be purchasing a home as you are. Find a company that cares and is willing to communicate with you along the way.

PNC Mortgage Company Information