2. Mortgages

PNC Mortgage

PNC Mortgage
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.11/5

PNC Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC Mortgage?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

PNC Mortgage bought my loan years ago. They have charge me late fees without explanation and forced me to pay, I pay on line only. There was no option to pay just without the late fee. When I called and asked for my $ back and asked for an explanation why the late charge? They just said, "We do not write checks" and hung up. But they expect you to write one... Hmmmm. New tactic now, they call and ask you to pay on the day it's due? What???? I just don't get this bank- I will never do business with this bank...

Original review: July 31, 2020

This is the most incompetent group of employees I've ever met in my life. Property tax and hazard insurance increases are way too complicated for this company apparently as they keep collecting the same amount in my payment every month, regardless of the actual amount that gets billed by the insurance company and county tax dept. They pay the actual amounts just fine (thank god) but inexplicably can't/won't adjust the escrow collection amount so the escrow shortage account just keeps adding up. My payment stays the same (which is nice, but inaccurate). Calling in to inquire about the reason is fruitless, these people are boneheads, it's like talking to a wall! I'm refinancing away from this company, bye bye PNC!

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 8, 2020

Refinanced existing PNC mortgage thru PNC. They quoted me a monthly payment of $1200. A week before closing my settlement closure statement came in at $1350. I told them I wasn’t comfortable with that amount and wasn’t closing. Two days later I got revised settlement statement with payment back to $1200. I closed on loan. Six months later PNC raising my monthly payment back to $1350. Neither homeowners insurance or taxes increased so what’s the increase based on. Fighting with them for 4 months and they can’t answer that question. Those monthly payment numbers were deliberately changed so I would close on this loan.

Original review: June 22, 2020

I was pre-approved for a loan and found a house for an amount significantly less than the pre-approved amount. The loan went to underwriting and this represented the response from the underwriter, "I don't like that he is making less than he did in the previous two years, his debt to income ratio is 60%, and his student loans are in forbearance." The notion that my debt to income ratio represents 60% is outrageous considering my calculation is less than 35%. The underwriter should keep opinions out of the process.

My base salary is less than the previous two years but I possess more earning potential. Finally, everyone that possesses a federal student loan was notified their student loans would be placed in forbearance automatically by the Cares Act. I didn't even think this would be a problem. I was making monthly student loan payments at zero interest. I've possess two mortgages in the past and have a credit score of 810. I just wanted to try something new and what a joke. If you're thinking of using PNC as a mortgage lender. Don't walk away. RUN!!!

Original review: June 17, 2020

The PNC lending department at the Jacksonville, FL branch are the most unprofessional lenders I have ever worked with before. They never respond to emails until they need something. Their lack of communication is very unprofessional. They act as if they never receive your emails when they miss something or make a mistake. You can send them all the correct paperwork and they will still say they are missing something because they lack the ability to check their emails properly. They do not reply to emails until after working hours and then act as if you are the reason for the delay. I do not recommend PNC to any of our clients and I never will! I never give bad reviews on lenders but this one just really needed to be done.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I started my application on april 1st for a home equity line of credit. I have a 801 credit score and my home is paid off appraised at 482K. I am a 1099 employee and have one credit card with a 590.00 balance. I have been a PNC customer for 35 years and my income is over 100K but I started a LLC November 2019. I was told I should ask for a 200K equity line which in fact I only needed 60K. They denied me for 200K saying my debt to income was too much.. And even denied 60K!!!! I don't have DEBT but they wouldn't listen. I would take a gamble on me 100 times over asking for 60K on a 482K house... TAKE MY HOUSE if I don't pay your couple hundred dollar a month loan.. geez.

Anyhow, I applied last Friday at another bank.. Monday I was approved. I asked the new bank, "Why do you think PNC denied me?" She said, "I have no idea at all. I sent this to my underwriter and they approved you within minutes. You are really no risk at all.." DUH!!! Well.. PNC you just lost a loyal customer for 35 years. OH I forgot to mention... They did give me a 25K personal loan HA HA HA HA.. So they are taking a risk of a 25K personal loan with no collateral but they won't give me 60K equity line with a 482K house..?? MORONS!!!!

Original review: April 29, 2020

So, my experience starts with a little background. My significant other and I were attempting to progress in our life at 27. We decided instead of moving apartments/houses we would just make a huge step in the right direction and purchase our first home but, we had no idea where to start. We contacted a few realtors and loan providers but, as it was our first time we were a bit weary so instead of going with an independent provider we decided to go for a corporation because we knew they would have the money to give us a great deal.

We were right! we had great estimates and we were sold 2 awesome options by one of the PNC mortgage representatives but, there was so much that they did not explain to us. So we followed a few suggestions from friends and family, we got pre-approved for a set amount on a loan, then we contacted a realtor to show us some probable house options, after a few weeks of searching we found a place we wanted to buy. We went ahead and applied for the house, sent the information between the realtor and the bank agent over the course of 2 weeks and everything seemed to be going great... but, we were wrong.

So about 3 weeks before closing they informed us that they needed more paperwork. They didn't explain why. They just requested it, we complied simply because again, we have no idea what this all entails. During this time they never hinted or even referenced that we could still be denied later AFTER being pre-approved for the loan... (none of our financial situation had changed during this time) so, we moved forward and paid $1000 to inspect the house we were planning to buy and deposited another $1000 as an earnest deposit on the house.

A week later, 2 weeks before we were supposed to close, we received an email stating that we couldn't be fully approved because of our combined DTI and the only way we could ensure we were approved for this loan was to lower our DTI or get another cosigner. We inquired about lowering our DTI then 2 days later they said that was not actually an option, the only option was to get another cosigner.

So, after 2 months of running around, $2000 deep in funds already spent (1000 was applied to a credit card which we ended up paying off a few weeks later), being pre-approved for this loan, we were presented with an option that was not feasible... I would HIGHLY recommend to avoid using their service, they will waste your money, your time, and just laugh at you in the end when you demand to be compensated for their lack of knowledge and information relay. I really wish we knew there was a "final review" process before we even decided to attempt to use them. TL;DR We lost $2,000 and 2 months of precious house hunting time due to PNC being negligent, We will be using another loan provider come time we attempt round 2 of buying a house, I would suggest the same to other prospect buyers. Thank you for reading.

Original review: March 17, 2020

I thought PNC would be a good company for a new home mortgage since they were large and well known. I had a home equity line for over 10 years with them on my previous home and never had an issue. When I first requested the loan I gave the PNC agent all the info. He said it would be no problem as long as he had 30 days because it was 2 weeks before the holidays. We were scheduled to close on Feb 1st because we were closing on our house we had lived in for 25 yr on 01/31.

When I questioned Reid, the PNC agent, on 1/28 as to why we still didn’t have a time set up for the closing, I found out there was a problem and the closing would have to be delayed. I couldn’t believe I was never told anything until 3 days before the closing! We were so fortunate that we had an excellent realtor, Pam **, who knew of a different terrific lender named Heather ** from Riverside Mortgage. She had us closed by 2/19 and Pam made arrangements for us to rent our new house until then. PNC was horrible and everyone should think twice before using them.

Original review: March 14, 2020

This may be a good mortgage company. It certainly does not provide a user friendly experience for their web page. I am not able to login. A new password was mailed to me after 5 days contacting them. I put in the new password and says it needs my phone number. I am not able to give them my phone number because it will not let me login. A perfect example of poor customer experience for their online account and structure. And they want more business!!!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

PNC is inept, incompetent uncaring unhelpful garbage of a company. Avoid at all costs. These companies and banks do not provide competent responsible service. They hope you give up and they keep your money and rip you off. They put you on hold again and again, play dumb and won't provide a supervisor. They just put you on hold and forget about you like a sick game. PNC is horrible!

PNC Mortgage Company Information