PNC Mortgage
1.12/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

PNC Mortgage

Looking for a mortgage lender?

259 PNC Mortgage Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

Fall of 2018 they removed the feature to pay online and make a payment to principal only. I didn't catch it until 2 months after the fact. The auto pay for interest I had set up was much lower and I couldn't figure out why. Then I noticed the payment I made to principal was removed and it went to the interest. The only way to do this now is to mail in a check (waste of money in this electronic world) or to go to a PNC branch and make a payment in person. Who has time for that this day and age? Not to mention a waste of my personal time and gas to get to the bank. Ridiculous feature to remove when it's very simple. I think I'll just get a new HELOC at my own bank. I did this through PNC for my son to use on his home. He had the account there so I tied the loan to his checking. We both have been unhappy for many other reasons but I guess those would be separate reviews.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Called to get some answer to my question. The first lady, could not answer my question. Transfer to another person... he somewhat answered my question then transferred to another lady. She was extremely rude before she listens to me she wanted to transfer to the department I just spoke. I asked her if I could speak to the supervisor. She said the supervisor not available. I asked her can you have your supervisor call me. She then offered to help me. I said I do not want to bounce around, I really would like either her supervisor to speak to me or have her call me. Either way, she was not cooperating with me. She then stopped speaking to me.

Past 30 years I bank with Chase, Wells Fargo, and PNC. Never had any issue with Chase or Wells Fargo. NEVER had any late payment, over-drafted. Actually never paid any fees with ANY bank. I just wanted to understand a few processes so I could get money back due to 3000.00 overpaid. Also wanted to transfer 70K to PNC. If it now normal business hour I would walk up and close with PNC forever. It's OK, I will do that tomorrow for sure.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

Don't even think about refinancing with them. I had all my paperwork on time every time. Fair credit. Needed to refi to fix a few things. Nothing major. Almost 2 months later was denied. Reason. Floor wasnt fixed. Duh. I pulled out tiles to add new ones. Also. Basement not finished. Duh whose basement is finished in Philly? Mine isnt falling apart. It's in really good condition. And said I had a leak in back room. Incorrect. No leak. That was fixed a year ago. I just need to paint. But how will I be able to do anything if I was rejected. And I only owe 25 thousand in my property. I guess I shouldnt refi. Their loss. I have a beautiful home. I truly think all hell would've broken loose if refi would have passed. Thank god it didnt.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Horrible experience today with PNC. Their Chat doesn't work. Their number answers after 40 minutes to tell you to call another number. Then when you get to the next number it drops your call. One hour shot. Would take nothing to talk me out of my mortgage with this company.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

We unfortunately had to file bankruptcy. Ever since then every statement has had a fee attached to it from $15 to $250. When you ask them all they say is that they can not discuss the account as it is in bankruptcy and all they can do is take the money. I asked who I can talk to and I get transferred to a lawyer who will not return calls. We asked them to remove the PMI as we only owe 70% of market value. They refused stating bankruptcy voids all previous transactions. They are so incredibly crooked and as soon as we can refinance we are dropping them soooo fast. Do NOT use these people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC?

Original review: July 23, 2019

If I could give them zero stars, I would. We entered into a contract to purchase a home and everything seemed to go so smoothly for the first 7 days or so. I paid for the appraisal and after that, things went downhill fast. The Loan Officer had the wrong number to set up the appraisal and rather than reach out to our realtor I guess they decided it would be best to do nothing and let a week go by before trying to find the correct number. I was told on 6/28/19 the Loan Processor was going to contact me within a few business days. 12 days later with no response I took it upon myself to call PNC's main line and track them down myself. Finally touched base with him and he needed additional documentation (understandable) which I provided within 12 hours back to him.

A few days later, mind you, I sent two follow up emails and left a voicemail to confirm the documentation was received. He finally called me back Friday after 4pm, needing additional documentation which was provided to him within 24 hours. During this conversation I expressed my frustrations with the lack of communication I have received during this entire process and that I felt it was not my responsibility to be chasing after PNC employees when I am doing my part in providing all documentation in a timely manner. The loan processor then advises he will have his manager reach out to me to provide assistance. Fast forward another week - no response from anyone in regards to a status of this loan until the following Friday at 5pm I receive an email from the loan processor needing additional documentation. Frustrated, I postponed dinner plans and provided the information within the hour.

Fast forward to Monday, we are to settle on Thursday, moving company is scheduled, utilities are scheduled, the list goes on and needless to say, I reach out yet again for a status update and come to find settlement will not be occurring Thursday. "They have done everything they can in effort to make that happen". The last day of our rate lock was also Thursday. And if you were wondering about the manager contacting me, that never happened either until I called, left her a voicemail and followed up with an email. She did respond via email stating they have done everything they could do. My advice - find a mortgage company that is just as happy for you to be purchasing a home as you are. Find a company that cares and is willing to communicate with you along the way.

Original review: July 20, 2019

Charged exorbitant amount for appraisal and assigned to one of the useless company and that fellow gave much less than the market value, finally I could not go with the loan. Never go to this bank, though they offer lower rate.

Original review: July 10, 2019

This is my second refinancing with PNC. First time was a piece of cake. This time a complete disaster. Six different reps have been assigned so far. Not one of them has done anything or been in contact with me. All documents have been submitted numerous times, with no progress. Now my closing is delayed. Not a response from any of the 6. I’m out $800 in fees and back to beginning the process from scratch.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I am a Realtor that has dealt with many mortgage companies over the years. I can honestly say they get the award for worst company for me to deal with. It was my first time using them and had I known then what I know now, I would have strongly suggested my clients use another company and we could have settled on time instead of delaying settlement for 2 days. It's not so funny when the utilities have been scheduled to be turned on in the new home, the moving truck has been scheduled and the apt complex has been notified of the move on a certain date. Then to find out the day before we can't settle the next day, well, let's just say I was more than livid. I'm just glad the whole settlement didn't fall apart for the sake of my clients.

Original review: June 10, 2019

PNC makes the now defunct Countrywide Mortgage look like an honest and compliant business by comparison to PNC. Dealing with PNC mortgage over the past seven years that just keeps getting worse. First PNC repeatedly has refused to discuss refinancing of my loan or other matters without the involvement of my then, now ex-husband. Second, PNC repeatedly has breached its own loan refinancing policies. Third, my receipt of important communications and the privacy and security of my personal consumer, financial, tax and other sensitive information is recurrently mishandled. Following these actions, I have received stalking and phishing phone calls and emails and other suspicious contacts from parties that have claimed a relationship with PNC.

Even after having been notified of these problems, PNC repeatedly has failed to investigate and redress problems, has sent mail other to the secured mail address agreed upon at the beginning of these issues and, in connection with my repeated effort to refinance my loan, has repeatedly falsely denied receipt of and required recurrent resubmission of sensitive tax, business trade secret and other personal and business financial information despite that it already has already acknowledged previously receiving that information.

Through this and other false, misleading and irresponsible conduct with respect to the handling of my application and the sensitive data, not only have I been forced to re-expend literally more than 100 additional hours resubmitting information that I already received acknowledgement from PNC that it previously received from me, it has delayed processing of my application by more than 90 days and counting while forcing me to resend and retransmit this sensitive data over and over again then failed to take timely action to investigate and redress suspicious activity (e.g. telephone calls and emails that reflect a breach of this sensitive data).

This has recurred over and over again despite having spoken with "Kevin" in its executive team about these issues more than 90 days ago and having been reassured that my "single point of contact" would receive and appropriately manage this data to ensure its timely and safe handling. Of course, this also was false. In fact, the "single point of contact" say they don't receive the information mailed to them in reliance upon these representations and whenever a problem arises, make clear they just read the list of requests and that everything else is above their pay grade. Discussions with Supervisors, "Executive Escalation Team members" and "officers" don't make a difference. Based on these and other recurrent, unrepentant and unredressed issues, I would urge anyone considering any banking or mortgage transaction of any kind to avoid PNC and all of its affiliates at all costs.

PNC Mortgage Company Information