2. Mortgages

PNC Mortgage

PNC Mortgage
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.67/5

PNC Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC Mortgage?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I initiated a refinance with PNC Mortgage in June 2020 because I already had an existing mortgage with PNC. It is now Mid October 2020 and I cannot reach another human or the bank clerk that I started with in June 2020. Nothing changed, same address, same job, increased appraisal, etc. I would not recommend using PNC and I see there are quite a few others that have experienced the same issues. I wish I had read the reviews before I made the commitment.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

Has been going through excruciating process of REFI for an already existing mortgage through PNC where these folks have my history. Every week, there is request for inconsequential records/ documents delaying the REFI by almost 5 months. Very disappointed.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

PNC has pushed the closing on the sale of our home 6 times after requiring 60 days initially to close. Their loan officers went on vacation and didn't hand the file off to any other person. After numerous inquiries as to what is continuing to push the closing out, after the clear to close, the bank is blaming it on the buyer who has submitted all their paper work twice. Horrible company to deal with. We still haven't closed and there are no explanations. No we pay about the mortgage payment. Do not consider working with PNC.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I applied for my mortgage 4/20. My house was ready to close mid July. Since time passed, PNC needed to re-run credit and asked for pay stubs, bank statements, etc. Every day from this processor he said, "We just need one more thing and we are so close to closing." He dragged this on and on and kept requesting more information. Guess what, I closed mid Aug. The day of the closing, the title was still not correct because the processor had the wrong names on it. He was fired two weeks before my closing. I wonder why? Everything was a mess and PNC cost me tons of money in hotel/storage costs and other expenses. I plan to refinance after my first payment. I made a complaint to BBB and they were no help. PNC never offered to reduce my closing costs despite the delays which were totally on their part. I had probably 5-6 closing dates. Very upsetting for me and my son. Never again!!! Go to your local bank. You may pay .50 pt more, but you will get customer service - not at PNC. Because of them, I could have been in my house in july instead of aug.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

Applied online for a mortgage, didn't hear anything. Received an email a week later and haven't heard from anyone. 72 phone calls later (calling 5 times a day and leaving multiple messages to the loan officer assigned to me (Suzanne **)), still haven't heard a word.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

PNC Mortgage bought my loan years ago. They have charge me late fees without explanation and forced me to pay, I pay on line only. There was no option to pay just without the late fee. When I called and asked for my $ back and asked for an explanation why the late charge? They just said, "We do not write checks" and hung up. But they expect you to write one... Hmmmm. New tactic now, they call and ask you to pay on the day it's due? What???? I just don't get this bank- I will never do business with this bank...

Original review: July 31, 2020

This is the most incompetent group of employees I've ever met in my life. Property tax and hazard insurance increases are way too complicated for this company apparently as they keep collecting the same amount in my payment every month, regardless of the actual amount that gets billed by the insurance company and county tax dept. They pay the actual amounts just fine (thank god) but inexplicably can't/won't adjust the escrow collection amount so the escrow shortage account just keeps adding up. My payment stays the same (which is nice, but inaccurate). Calling in to inquire about the reason is fruitless, these people are boneheads, it's like talking to a wall! I'm refinancing away from this company, bye bye PNC!

Original review: July 8, 2020

Refinanced existing PNC mortgage thru PNC. They quoted me a monthly payment of $1200. A week before closing my settlement closure statement came in at $1350. I told them I wasn’t comfortable with that amount and wasn’t closing. Two days later I got revised settlement statement with payment back to $1200. I closed on loan. Six months later PNC raising my monthly payment back to $1350. Neither homeowners insurance or taxes increased so what’s the increase based on. Fighting with them for 4 months and they can’t answer that question. Those monthly payment numbers were deliberately changed so I would close on this loan.

Original review: June 22, 2020

I was pre-approved for a loan and found a house for an amount significantly less than the pre-approved amount. The loan went to underwriting and this represented the response from the underwriter, "I don't like that he is making less than he did in the previous two years, his debt to income ratio is 60%, and his student loans are in forbearance." The notion that my debt to income ratio represents 60% is outrageous considering my calculation is less than 35%. The underwriter should keep opinions out of the process.

My base salary is less than the previous two years but I possess more earning potential. Finally, everyone that possesses a federal student loan was notified their student loans would be placed in forbearance automatically by the Cares Act. I didn't even think this would be a problem. I was making monthly student loan payments at zero interest. I've possess two mortgages in the past and have a credit score of 810. I just wanted to try something new and what a joke. If you're thinking of using PNC as a mortgage lender. Don't walk away. RUN!!!

Original review: June 17, 2020

The PNC lending department at the Jacksonville, FL branch are the most unprofessional lenders I have ever worked with before. They never respond to emails until they need something. Their lack of communication is very unprofessional. They act as if they never receive your emails when they miss something or make a mistake. You can send them all the correct paperwork and they will still say they are missing something because they lack the ability to check their emails properly. They do not reply to emails until after working hours and then act as if you are the reason for the delay. I do not recommend PNC to any of our clients and I never will! I never give bad reviews on lenders but this one just really needed to be done.

PNC Mortgage Company Information