PNC Mortgage
1.12/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

PNC Mortgage

249 PNC Mortgage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 17, 2019

Prior to my loan being sold to PNC, I was able to easily set up online payments, set and forget, and never had a late or missed payment. Then the loan was sold to PNC. They don't allow online bill pay unless you set up a checking account with them, and I'm not interested in them getting any more of my money. Their mazes of robot phone menus are the most anger-inducing that I have encountered anywhere. I can't get them to take off PMI even though the loan is well below 80% of the total value. It's 2019, and there should be an easier to way to make a payment than to put a paper check in the mail. Their customer service reps are not helpful. One of them lied to me saying that there would be a way to set up auto payments after a pending payment posted. In short, the entire experience with PNC has been awful. Unfortunately, I have no control over who my loan is serviced by.

Original review: May 12, 2019

They are sneaky, underhanded and downright liars! They make you think they are helping you and they added something to what they are saying. The refinance isn’t adding money. It’s the same. And when you have questions they never get back to you!

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I've had an absolute nightmare trying to use PNC for a new mortgage. My husband and I are existing mortgage holders via a refinance with PNC. That home was sold and closed on Monday, May 6. We also do all of our banking with PNC. We both have excellent credit ratings. No outstanding liens and or debts or settlements against us. Our credit ratings are individually 800+, our debt to equity ratio is a lender's dream. Where we have run into the PNC Mortgage nightmare has been:

1. The amount of time our loan has been with underwriting 45+ days and we still are waiting on PNC to resolve a property description issue. The title company says the home is not in a PUD, the appraiser agrees that the home is not in a PUD, the county does not have it zoned as a PUD, the neighborhood covenants and restrictions do not listed as a PUD yet PNC’s underwriting team insists that it is in a PUD. This has caused us a delay of over two weeks. They have known this was an issue since March 25. Today is May 7.
    2. I was not notified of the problem until May 1 and we were originally scheduled to close on May 7.
    3. The evidence that this home is not in a PUD was provided to PNC two weeks ago from the title company it has since been provided 4 more times. The appraiser is satisfied the title company is satisfied yet PNC holds onto this as an issue and they refuse to resolve it. This has been in their hands for the last five days to take care of.
    4. I have spent days trying to get response from PNC I have stepped in and coordinated sharing of all the documents. I have gotten from the appraisor, the title company, the realtor and PNC on an email to share information. I’m lucky if I hear from PNC once a day and even when I do they offer no resolution nor any kind of a progress report.
    5. I escalated this with my local banker yesterday. He attempted to try to help me but unfortunately the way PNC’s mortgage entities are structured they have their loan officers located in Jacksonville Florida, their underwriters are located in Austin Texas, their mortgage division is based in Michigan, and their headquarters are in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. You cannot escalate, you cannot register a complaint and you can’t speak to a manager when you ask for one.

6. Loan processing constantly puts the blame on other groups involved...first it was the title company then it was the appraiser then it became their underwriter and now it’s back to the title company or the appraiser. Unfortunately they cannot point a finger any longer because the title company and the appraiser are in alignment. Now they’ve gone radio silent.

I wouldn’t wish PNC mortgage on my worst enemy. Based on our experience, my opinion is that the mortgage division is an embarrassment to PNC.

Original review: May 5, 2019

I reached out to the PNC in Bexley, Ohio as my retired neighbor had a good experience there several years ago. I was routed to a PNC mortgage officer who worked with "online" mortgages through pncmortgage.com. All documents were sent by e-mail from this website address. After informing me that my application was approved, and charging me $545.00 in loan processing fees (which he assured me I would receive back at closing), I received a letter stating that my application was "incomplete." This is the only mortgage loan document I received in hard copy in the mail. The loan processor would not return my calls, and the mortgage officer -- also avoiding my calls -- represented by e-mail that he would "resubmit" my application. He did not do that.

In trying to make sense of what had happened, I contacted the PNC Mortgage Department. I was informed it had no record of my loan or application under the loan number on the documents sent by pncmortgage.com. I consulted with an IT expert on this website, pncmortgage.com, who told me that it appears to be hosted/outsourced to Amazon web services. It is registered to PNC, but PNC does not appear to be operating it. I believe pncmortgage.com may be a fraudulent site for a number of reasons, including the robocalls it generated and the lack of security certification on its documents. I would strongly encourage readers of this review to avoid pncmortgage.com and to report as spam any e-mails from this site. I am not sure of my next steps, but I did want to share my experience.

Original review: April 30, 2019

The customer service is awful. The executives are no help. Underwriting, forget about it. Don't get me started. Please listen. Stay as far away as possible from PNC Bank for your mortgage needs. They are terrible. PNC has gone downhill as a financial institution.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC?

Original review: April 6, 2019

I applied for a HELOC Mortgage on 3/27/2019. I have a bankruptcy that is 6 years old and about to be removed from my credit report. I have been told by Mortgage companies that I am able to apply for Mortgages now so I considered PNC Bank. Between my husband and I we have a total income of over $200K combined. In addition, I have rebuilt my credit and show no late payments. At first when we applied, the loan processor over the phone stated all we needed was a 660 credit score to apply. So we went through the process and obtained a pre-approval. Then we were referred to a Mortgage Broker who began the process. At first she tells me all looks very good and that she needed additional documentation which I provided regarding my bankruptcy.

After 2 weeks of communications between her and I, she indicates that we would be closing April 10, 2019 and asked if we were ok with a mobile notary so that we can complete the closing. I agree and she stated that she needed to talk to certain creditors we would be pay off and that we would need to be on the phone line so that we could giver her third party approval so she could speak to the creditors. Then she advises that the final approval was being reviewed with the Underwriter and that they would give a final answer. They even went as far as having an appraisal company come to the house and conduct the appraisal. In the meantime, PNC banks sends a letter saying we were conditionally approved but the approval was contingent on the appraisal which is understandable.

The appraisal came in WAY over what we were asking for a refinance. We have over $110K in equity. After all this process, I do not hear from the Mortgage Broker and I get an email from PNC bank stating that the “status” of our application had changed and we would be receiving a response in 3-5 business days. So I decided to call the Mortgage Broker I was working with at PNC Bank and I advised her that I wanted to find out the current status because I received an email stating the status of our application had changed.

As a result, the Mortgage Broker then tells me that we were not approved because of my bankruptcy and recent credit accounts that were opened (which I have paid on time). To be quite honest, in my opinion, I feel we were misled by PNC and we spent a lot of time and energy with this bank in getting our hopes up by them and then to destroy our hopes in the end for a refinance with our property. I will be looking elsewhere and do not recommend them for a Mortgage. Consumer beware!

Original review: March 27, 2019

After going through a terrible mortgage process with PNC in Ohio, months of requests followed by denial, I was nervous when a close friend tried to get a PNC mortgage in Florida. I believe they train their people to falsely mislead you. They tell you everything looks great and you are pre-approved. Then they spend months coming up reasons to keep you on the hook. The same thing happened to both of us at different branches in different states. Both of us went elsewhere and got financed. PNC is engaged in unethical practices by misleading consumers, costing money, time and undue stress. This time we are filing complaints with the BBB and the state attorney's office. I hope others will do the same. There are hundreds of reviews with the same experience.

Original review: March 1, 2019

PNC bought my mortgage and I have had nothing but problems with them since they bought it. They jacked up my payment because my escrow was supposedly going to be short and I called to inquire why since we had only had the mortgage for 3 months before they bought it. They claimed my taxes were going up and my insurance was going up all of that would raise what was needed in escrow to cover outlays. Well I just found out my escrow was considerably over what was needed, my payment should have never been raised. They supposedly sent a check out too but it was "still in the mail".

Don’t think that would work if I just keep telling them my mortgage payment is “in the mail”. I had to fight to get a login to my account to actually see the escrow account activity because they will send a payment coupon book and it arrives in two days but when they owe you money, it is "in the mail". When I called for online banking they first said I was not on the loan...except I am the co-borrower, so I am most certainly on the loan, then they changed the story and said, "Well our computer system can only handle the first person on the loan." They would have to get me a special number and if I didn't want to hold she would give me a call. Guess what? I didn't get until I filled out their survey and complained.

Seriously, online banking has been around for 20 years and your computer system cannot handle more than a single login. You also can't pay online unless you have a bank account with them. Can they actually expect that customers who experience nothing but problems and regressive business practices will then be dumb enough to let them control even more of their money? I wouldn't open a savings account for 5 cents let alone let them manage hundreds of thousands of dollars. Again, ACH payments and eChecks are all the rage now (you know for the last 15 years at least). If you have to make a payment, they rather charge you a fortune for the privilege of paying your note by phone.

I just mail them a check to save the fee but somehow, I expect eventually I will get a bill for that too. This is a typical Podunk bank that thinks it can do banking better. You know it is bad when I call Wells Fargo to beg for them to purchase my mortgage from PNC or refinance the loan to get away from PNC. We have not even been with them for a year and even the Builders Mortgage Company did a better job of managing the loan than these bozos.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I have been a customer of PNC Mortgage for approximately 14 years and have made my monthly mortgage payment every month on time. In November 2018 I lost my home in the Camp Fire in Paradise, CA. I called PNC. Reported the loss, my house was totally destroyed, and continued to make my required monthly mortgage payments on time. It took us approximately 2 months to settle the homeowners claim with my insurance company.

In early February I contacted PNC Loss Claims Department to inquire about their process. I was told by their customer service department that I needed to request a pay-off quote from a different department, include that along with the insurance check, endorsed by us, not to make the February mortgage payment and include a letter requesting that the proceeds be used to pay off my existing mortgage. They also stated that once all the information was received, the funds would be applied and the overage, a sizable amount, would then be returned to me and all this took 10 days. I enclosed a prepaid return envelope for their convenience. They received all of the requested information on February 11, 2019 and confirmed with me via telephone that everything was received and in order.

On February 12, 2019, they sent me paperwork required if I were rebuilding my house. I called again and was told to ignore this information but they did not have the pay-off quote-they had confirmed receipt of this on the 11th. It required me to call the mortgage department for another pay-off. The mortgage customer service depart was very accommodating. On February 13th they confirmed that everything was in order. They forwarded my paperwork to a corporate office to have the funds applied. On February 15th I received a call from the collections department looking for my February payment I called in and spoke to a customer service rep who took the information and tracked it through their system. She was also kind enough to waive the late charges that were charged to my account.

I called again today on February 26th and was told that my paperwork was deemed received on 2/14, 3 days later than actually received, and that it now takes 10 days to process my pay-off and then up to another 20 days for them to return the overage to me! This was not the information they gave me about their own process when I first called in. First they gave me incorrect information about their process and timing, then they continued to lie about how long the process takes. This morning I find out that it will now take up to 20 additional days to receive my overage. I am very unhappy with the absolute substandard customer service received from the loss claims department. I will never use the company again.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

In January 2018 we refinanced our mortgage with PNC Bank, NA. As a part of that we changed flood insurance from Wright (FEMA) to a private company. PNC required us to pay a full year of the flood insurance cost up front to bind the contract before they would write the re-mortgage. We did. A copy of the new declaration, the payment voucher, and the new policy were forwarded to the loan officer who assured us it was put into our file.

In March the old flood insurance lapsed (we thought) and the new policy took effect. In late September we received a new escrow statement claiming we owed over $12000 by November 1st. When I checked, they had paid the cancelled insurance premium (even though all of the data for the new policy they approved was on file). So far we have had to pay PNC an additional $7200 to rebuild the escrow account that they emptied erroneously and have not gotten any of our almost $10,000 back from Wright Insurance or PNC. PNC has not been overly helpful, even though they do admit that the papers were on file. Now they are poised to pay out the same erroneous policy payment for 2019! Avoid PNC Mortgage at all costs -- or it might really cost you. It has cost me.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I have referred clients to the local branch so I decided to get a new HELOC from PNC for my personal home. It has been 2 months since they started the process. Delay after delay after delay. I have income over $200k. I have a home with a market value over $400k. I have no current mortgage on the property whatsoever! I have a credit rating of 780. The excuses this bank has given me are ludicrous! When they don't return phone calls I get a supposed "mass email" saying they had 3rd party issues with their phone system. Really? The HELOC was supposed to close yesterday. It was all set up with a 3rd party title company who I spoke with directly. I get a call in the a.m. saying they are having system problems and cannot print the required documents for the closing. REALLY? Ever hear of UPS store or the like that you can print from??? Worthless bank. Waste of time. Stay away. Why don't these sites offer zero stars?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

My home mortgage was switched over to PNC Mortgage from a former mortgage provider. Ever since, they consistently have issues. It's usually to do with their online service. Anytime I had wanted to make additional payments online, it screwed up the regular process. The last time I made an additional payment online, they switched my account from biweekly withdrawal to monthly. When they did, they didn't apply it as a regular mortgage payment. The entire amount was allocated as a early payment so I had to make a double payment to get back on track. I asked for the amount refunded and they agreed. But, instead of crediting back to my bank, they claim to send a check. It's been over a week and not delivered. I called and they said, "Oh it just went out last Friday" (the checks in the mail!). Never use PNC bank.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Terrible bank and customer service is always bad and not accommodating. Feel frustrated every time I call for assistance. They do not care about customers!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

My mortgage is with PNC. All my taxes and homeowners insurance is included. Every year like clockwork my mortgage payments go up. PNC says it is because of insufficient escrow. YOU decide how much I pay so how is my escrow always too low??? Today I get a bill saying I owe over 3000 in insufficient escrow!!! How is this even possible??? AND I get a letter from my homeowners insurance that they haven't paid my insurance!!!!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I have credit score 760+, salary 200k and downpayment 180K. This company sends out mortgage preapproval on 8/24/17 and sends out letter stating mortgage application is denied because credit application is incomplete on 9/8/17 though I emailed all supporting documents on 8/30/17 and 8/31/17. I called Chris the mortgage agent in NY perplexed about what is going on and he says "it's ok we will have a commitment for you next week". That is all I heard from him and this so called "mortgage company" which seems disorganized. Does anybody want to deal with such a lender who will leave you high and dry unable to complete your mortgage transaction? 0 stars if possible.

Original review: May 8, 2018

My husband and I took out our mortgage in 2001, our mortgage was sold to PNC in 2006 I believe. We have never had any issues with them. The few times we have had to call, they were very kind and welcoming. We have had no problems on our statements either. However; we have never been late nor have we missed any payments. I see all of the negative reviews and I am a bit shocked that so many are having issues. So glad we have only positive reviews for PNC.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I have my mortgage with PNC and I've been trying to remove the PMI. I have now paid twice for two appraisals at $500 each. I was told if I was below a certain number that my PMI will be removed and now they're telling me it won't be. I have in writing what they said and now they're not following through so I'm going to have to take them to small claims court. This is an absolute nightmare.

Original review: April 7, 2018

These people are pathetic! My mortgage was sold to them and I had to put up with them for nearly a decade. They do everything wrong and break the law in their business practices. I called to ask about HARP and to get an application to see what it was about. From that point forward, whenever I called customer service, I was routed to their collections department. I have had 827-834 credit score for almost 2 decades, and still do! They have no sense of customer service and none of the people I spoke with were even slightly helpful and not completely rude or just sounded like they didn't want to be there, all the time! I would run as fast as I can and even pay higher interest to get away from these people. They are the worst of humanity!

Original review: April 7, 2018

My father paid cash for our home in Bangor California. After he passed on, my Mother elected to borrow against the home to pay off unmanageable medical expenses topping $32,000. Brannifer Financial Services in Chico assisted. They used National City Mortgage for the funding. They promised a fixed interest rate and a fixed payment amount. National City Mortgage (a California company) sold our mortgage to PNC Mortgage in Miamisburg Ohio. Within a year or two, our fixed payment amount was ignored. PNC Mortgage demanded a 34% increase in monthly payments.

My mother's sole income source, as with most elderly, was from Social Security. Her SS benefit was $918 per month. With National City Mortgage, her payment was approximately $600 per month. When PNC Mortgage saw the equity that she was sitting on they raised her payment to an amount in excess of $800 per month. She was devastated. She was also confused how, with a fixed interest rate that the payment changed so dramatically. She asked me to help her, which I did without question. She gave me power of attorney and informed the lender that I (her son) would be in charge of her financial affairs.

My first inquiry with PNC Mortgage was regarding the massive monthly payment increase. After several phone calls and letters, I was finally informed that the increase was a result of the escrow account being deficient. I'm not a banker, but I have never heard of such an excuse. I could understand the payment fluctuating $10 or even $20 for a year or so to cover higher homeowners insurance or property taxes. There was no significant increase in either of those. SO... WHO STOLE the Money? PNC!

I was not in a position where I could afford to supplement her payment indefinitely. PNC suggested REFi. So we did. I say we, but PNC rejected the initial refi, stating that I (her son) could not qualify. So we tried again, without me. HUGE Mistake. Things got all messed up. They kept referring to paperwork that was submitted during the first attempt. This went south when they first approved her refi, set up a payment schedule that allowed 60 days with no payment due. Then they rejected her refi and would not accept payments because of the payment gap that occurred that they set up for her. They acted like they were doing her a favor, when it was just a trick to cause default and subsequent foreclosure proceedings.

I hired an attorney out of Mission Viejo California. I had to borrow $1500 retainer. They had to work fast. Foreclosure was scheduled in less than 60 days. On the day that our house was scheduled to be sold at 12:00 noon we did not hear from anyone including the attorney until after 4:00pm. The sale was postponed. We received official "Loan Modification" documents from PNC Mortgage two days before they were to be rejected for being late.

They managed to lower the payment back down to within $30 of the original agreed upon monthly payment amount. But they increased the term of the loan from 20 years to 40 years. We never asked for that. When I was able to get their representative on the telephone to explain why, I was told the total amount borrowed was now more than twice as much as the original loan. She originally borrowed $32,000. Now she owed nearly $70,000. How can they justify this?

My mother died in June 2012. By that time I was had moved from Orange County to be with her during her final days. Because of the previous refi rejection involving my name, when she passed I continued to pay the mortgage payments as though nothing had changed. I tried to get financing from other lenders. This was impossible, because PNC Mortgage insisted that my name not be on any loan documents. I did not own the home, even though I was paying the payments from my account for two years prior to, and five years after her death.

In 2016 I became medically disabled. My disability insurance payments did not amount to enough to pay the mortgage. I liquidated my stock and later my IRA at considerable loss due to early payout. I had no choice but to ask PNC Mortgage to help me. PNC told me that they could allow me to assume the loan. This could take 90 days. I provided every document that they requested, including the death certificate and witnessed copies of my mother's last will & testament. While that change was in process (I thought), I contacted KeepYourHomeCA.org. I only asked for help reinstating the loan.

After the qualification process KYHCA told me that I qualified for "Principal Reduction" which would lower the payment to a monthly amount that, based on my decreased income, I could afford. After providing all of the documents that KYHCA required I was told that it would take at least 30 days to process. After 35 days I inquired several times. At least two weeks after that I received a phone call from the head processor at KYHCA. I was informed that under no circumstances could they help me because I did not own the home.

The home was willed to me. I was executor of my mother's estate. I had been sending money directly to the lender from my own account for nearly 10 years. When I contacted PNC Mortgage regarding assuming the loan, they had absolutely nothing in process. By this time I started receiving foreclosure notices. My father's home was sold January 16, 2018. This is a travesty. My family is devastated. PNC Mortgage accepted payments from me. Deposited my checks. Then rejected my payments and did not refund them. Same thing they did to my mom 9 years ago. CROOKS. DIRTY CROOKS. Dirty rotten scoundrels.

Original review: March 25, 2018

PNC holds the mortgage to our home. We CONSTANTLY get mail regarding lowering our rates. Every time we try to get information we do not get any results or callbacks. When we finally did through to someone, we started the refinance process and immediately received FORECLOSURE notices. We contacted PNC to find out what was going on only to receive more notices and advice to contact some financial officer to avoid legal action. A real estate attorney who told us to do nothing and let them foreclose and then we would sue them. This situation went away. We attempted to refinance through another company but the other company could not get enough info from PNC to complete the transaction. Through sheer frustration we gave up trying. So now we have the SAME mortgage at the SAME rate and are still getting the SAME letters offering to lower our rate. Saying we are dissatisfied doesn't even come close to how we feel.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

PNC bought DeepGreen 250k line of credit. I went to county clerk 52k was satisfied. PNC has starting balance as 128k. PNC refuse to show me where they got the 128k from. I wrote 98k in checks so 52k plus 98k 150k... How do I still owe 186k?? I filed complaint on CFPS and nothing was done to help me. I can't afford a lawyer 7k as a retainer. I have to pay because either DeepGreen or PNC made the mistake?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

My mortgage was sold to PNC so I did not apply with them. I make my payments on time every month so I do not have any issues with them calling me. They supply me with a statement annually and I do not see any discrepancies.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

PNC Mortgage took over 90 days to approve my mortgage. After three months, the seller of the home became frustrated (with PNC not providing a closing date), and refused to renew the contract. I forfeited my $2000 earnest deposit.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Purchased my home in 2007 with National City Bank Mortgage who sold my mortgage to PNC. Previously worked as a clinician and paid all my mortgages on time. I lost that job and accepted another job as a professor which did not pay as much. Contacted PNC who informed me that I should not pay for 3 months to qualify for a homeowner modification. I was given a trial period of 3 months and I paid for the 3 months prior to them approving the modification. I paid the modification for several years (270K) when suddenly PNC decided to return all my mortgage checks (after mine had been cashed).

I did not cash any of their checks that have been returned and they have stacked up to >50K. They have since sent me a letter they are going to foreclose on the home and I have decided to file bankruptcy to protect myself against PNC which has since ruined my credit. I have since received a letter from PNC stating they are going to court to sell the house on November 1st and I have now decided to join a class action lawsuit as I have paid thousands of dollars in attorney fees and no results from the local Attorney General and courts.

Updated on 11/05/2017: This is a follow up from my prior complaint regarding PNC mortgage. PNC foreclosed on my prior account while I was paying my mortgage and has handed my home over for renting to a company out of Utah called Real Property Management National Accounts c/o Property Management Business Solutions, LLC. Buyers beware. Do not take out a mortgage with PNC mortgage!!! If you have been ripped off the way I have and not obtaining local help from your local courts and politicians seek class action! This can't be legal.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

So I was told I qualify for the HARP program and PNC helped refinance my house - I wanted to do a cash out to pay off some high-interest credit cards but my advisor said to keep original loan and do a HELOC so that's what I did. BIG SURPRISE. Ink wasn't even dry on the re-fi and PNC sends me a rejection letter saying I don't qualify for the HELOC because my credit score needs improvement - So no one thought to get my credit score at the beginning of this little process??? Now I STILL have high interest credit cards and was told I cannot re-apply for a HELOC for at least 6-12 months. These people are as crooked as they come and THE MINUTE I can qualify with another lender PNC WILL NOT get one more penny from me or my family. CROOKS!!!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

An absolute scam. It would take hours to write what a terrible company this is. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME. I have got more done in 3 days with a new mortgage company that took 3 weeks with PNC. PNC lost more paperwork than you could imagine. I honestly think they really arent in the mortgage business.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I have been a PNC customer for a long time and very satisfied with banking through them. However, PNC Mortgage is a nightmare! My first home I financed through another mortgage lender and did not have a positive experience so I decided to go with my bank for my second home and it was an even worse experience for all parties involved. My assigned loan officer was disrespectful, not available much, and not efficient. She even left for mini vacation without telling anyone, only receiving an auto response through email. I understand very well that for a mortgage there is a whole background process but neither the front line or back line was a positive experience. I had to complete a ridiculous amount of paperwork and PNC Mortgage does not accept electronic signatures. I had to run to FedEx to print pages and pages, just to sign in ink and then fax it back. Tedious! It was a waste of my time and money.

Besides that, the home that I purchased was fully remodeled and the seller already agreed to replace the roof over garage and AC and a few other things that came back from the inspection. Needless to say, PNC Mortgage ordered an appraisal and it failed due to the AC and Roof. This became a huge ordeal for PNC and all parties were fed up with them. We had very poor communication with PNC about what is going on and what needs to be done to satisfy their needs. They requested and required ridiculous amount of paperwork and information from the seller party, AC tech, Roof guy, etc.

PNC almost lost me my new remodeled home, the seller was ready to back out because of all the road blocks with PNC. My closing was delayed 1 week and luckily the seller stuck it out with me, realizing I had zero control over what my bank was doing. If I had more time and the housing market wasn't so cut throat at this time in my area, I would have chosen another lender. At least that way, I wouldn't have a reason to be upset with my own bank.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Terrible website, you are not allowed to create an online account unless you have a PIN and you can't get a PIN without talking to someone on the East Coast during business hours, really? I thought this was the 21st century!? Even the highly regulated health care industry can find a secure way to allow me to create an online account and validate my identity. Then you direct me to your automated customer service line and ask me to enter my SSN three times! And my Loan number 1x only to find you don't offer any option to provide my PIN outside of business hours. Waste of 30 minutes!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

We had purchased a property in Sept of 2013 which had required that we purchase flood insurance for the balance of our loan. We signed an agreement that we would carry enough insurance for the balance of the loan for the life of the loan and did this but then our loan was sold to PNC Mortgage in 2015. We received a letter saying that none of the original conditions of our loan would change. A few weeks after PNC took over they demanded we purchase additional flood insurance because their policy was for us to carry the amount of replacement value on our property not the loan balance. Clearly they were changing the original loan agreement we signed. We ended up refinancing our home with a different bank which cost us an extra 3,500 in closing costs and appraisals to get them off our backs.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I have been a customer at your bank for many years and have always been satisfied with the way you handled business, but after recommending your service to my son Lee ** for a mortgage loan that is no longer my feeling. After almost 5 months of gathering financial and tax statements, typing and retyping letters to suit your needs, two appraisals (you couldn’t find the first appraiser after waiting two weeks for his report) then having to hire an engineer who required structural repairs that will have to be torn out eventually to repair the wall properly, to stop leakage, then, after repairs, more financial request and all the stress of dealing with the previous owners, my son finally said he was tired of PNC’s BS and for me to forget helping him, he would take care of it.

Lee went to Heritage Bank where the loan officer said, “Why don’t you just do an equity loan?” So within 3 weeks, with a drive by, no charge appraisal, and a lot less paperwork, a closing was scheduled and in less than 30 days everyone had their checks and everything was finally over. As a professional loan officer, and as a service to your customer, why couldn’t you have recommended an equity loan instead of the more expensive route? So final cost for my son not getting a loan at your bank: Appraisal fee… $500. Engineer inspection… $300. Repairs required… $1500. Cash to sellers to hold property... $10,000.

Total + 5 months time & stress... $12,300 cash out of pocket to not get a loan at your bank. Would you recommend this bank to your son for a mortgage loan? I also talked to two other people, Rick **, and Traci **, who both said they had the same experience with your loan department. Lee knows he can’t get his money back but we both wanted you to know that anytime someone asks about a reference for a mortgage loan we can sure tell them who not to go to. Thank you for all your time and all our trouble. One formerly loyal, but now sorry I recommended you customer.

PNC Mortgage Company Information