PNC Mortgage

Compare Mortgage Companies

Research top Mortgage Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We had purchased a property in Sept of 2013 which had required that we purchase flood insurance for the balance of our loan. We signed an agreement that we would carry enough insurance for the balance of the loan for the life of the loan and did this but then our loan was sold to PNC Mortgage in 2015. We received a letter saying that none of the original conditions of our loan would change. A few weeks after PNC took over they demanded we purchase additional flood insurance because their policy was for us to carry the amount of replacement value on our property not the loan balance. Clearly they were changing the original loan agreement we signed. We ended up refinancing our home with a different bank which cost us an extra 3,500 in closing costs and appraisals to get them off our backs.

I have been a customer at your bank for many years and have always been satisfied with the way you handled business, but after recommending your service to my son Lee ** for a mortgage loan that is no longer my feeling. After almost 5 months of gathering financial and tax statements, typing and retyping letters to suit your needs, two appraisals (you couldn’t find the first appraiser after waiting two weeks for his report) then having to hire an engineer who required structural repairs that will have to be torn out eventually to repair the wall properly, to stop leakage, then, after repairs, more financial request and all the stress of dealing with the previous owners, my son finally said he was tired of PNC’s BS and for me to forget helping him, he would take care of it.

Lee went to Heritage Bank where the loan officer said, “Why don’t you just do an equity loan?” So within 3 weeks, with a drive by, no charge appraisal, and a lot less paperwork, a closing was scheduled and in less than 30 days everyone had their checks and everything was finally over. As a professional loan officer, and as a service to your customer, why couldn’t you have recommended an equity loan instead of the more expensive route? So final cost for my son not getting a loan at your bank: Appraisal fee… $500. Engineer inspection… $300. Repairs required… $1500. Cash to sellers to hold property... $10,000.

Total + 5 months time & stress... $12,300 cash out of pocket to not get a loan at your bank. Would you recommend this bank to your son for a mortgage loan? I also talked to two other people, Rick **, and Traci **, who both said they had the same experience with your loan department. Lee knows he can’t get his money back but we both wanted you to know that anytime someone asks about a reference for a mortgage loan we can sure tell them who not to go to. Thank you for all your time and all our trouble. One formerly loyal, but now sorry I recommended you customer.

My husband and I were looking for a mortgage thru PNC. My husband has a lot of student loan debt so when we spoke with the man Erik from Abington/Jenkintown PA Branch he was aware of all of our finances and even gave us a pre approval. We were very thrilled and I spoke with him on many occasions discussing how we were able to get a mortgage through them and denied other places. Well everything went to the underwriters and he told us 3 days to get everything officiated. Don't you know he did not answer any of my phone calls or emails or messages.

This gentleman was not too nice from the beginning at points, but I took the high road. It's a stressful job. At my breaking point I walk into the Abington PNC Branch pregnant carrying two kids with me for him to tell me in person it did not work. HE LEFT A VOICEMAIL SAYING IT WAS NOT GOING TO WORK OUT. BEST OF LUCK. Voicemail, who does that... PNC does. Disgusted. We ended up going with another bank who were amazing and approved up in a week span. But PNC how do you treat customers like that, how do you have people who downgrade when talking to your customers.

After assuming my father's mortgage, PNC Mortgage has been a disaster from the start. You can send/sign/hire an attorney your life away. They DO NOT want to work with you, they DO NOT want to help you, and while they are requesting document after document that the original packet didn't require, they are going to come back to you with an "I'm Sorry. You can short-sale or Deed-in-lieu." Most the time, they come back to you in the 11th hour and demand more paperwork, therefore not even allowing the time to submit, and suddenly your application is closed in that department due to time. They always tell you "Loss mitigation is the way to go, they will gladly help" - False hope. They do not want to help.

I have hired an attorney, I have tried to deal with them, even got the document to them the day they requested it - But due to their 24-48 hour document processing time - They closed the application. IT WAS THE SAME DAY! Scam artists, fear your equity. That is all they want. RUN, RUN very far away. They do not want to help, they won't help, and they want your home.

My mortgage was bought by PNC and what an awful company they are. My first experience with them was February 18, 2016 when I faxed a request for the release of my escrow account because the LTV was at that time 63.20% (it's lower now). A letter dated February 22, 2016 said they were "reviewing" the inquiry. Then came a letter dated April 6, 2016 stating that the closure of my escrow account was approved. However. In order for them to do so, I would have to pay a fee of $550.94. Needless to say, I was not willing to pay them a fee to return my money to me so I could take over my insurance and tax payments. So they still handle my escrow account to this day. I won't pay them one dime that they don't deserve.

That brings us to my current encounter with PNC mortgage. My insurance company approved a new roof as a result of wind and hail damage and issued a check for roughly half of their estimate. The check was made out to myself and to PNC. On June 7, 2017 I called PNC loss/claims department and asked them what they needed from me. "Oh nothing but the check. Sign the check and mail it to the address." Okay. Put it in the mail USPS June 8, 2017. In the meantime my roofer began work and I did keep him informed of the status of the initial check.

On Sunday, June 18, 2017 I received an email from PNC stating that I had not produced the documentation they needed, which was the insurance estimate and my notarized signature on an Affidavit that insures I will pay the roofer and not let an lien be put on the house. Duh. Oh, so I got on the stick and emailed the documents to them on June 19 at 1:13 pm. At approximately 2:00 pm I called to follow up. Yes, they received the documents but now they need a copy of my Divorce Decree (the ex husband's name is still on the mortgage even though he does not pay the mortgage payment or insurance or taxes on the property). I was assured that the DD would satisfy the issue even when I told the person that it didn't specify anything about the mortgage. No matter, that's "all we need".

So, I emailed my Divorce Decree on June 19 at 3:13 pm. At 3:50 pm I called again to follow up. This time I got someone named Barb. She told me that nope, the Divorce Decree wasn't enough. They need the Order stating that I pay the mortgage payment. Let's stop here and think about this. What difference does it make to this situation - paying for a roof - that I am divorced and that I am the one to make the mortgage payments. I'm being jerked around for sure, but having no choice, I emailed the Order at 4:23 pm. I called pretty quickly to follow up and was told that it's "too late" in the day to review the documents. I demanded that a supervisor call me and was told that it would be within "24 hours".

On June 20 at 12:23 pm after hearing nothing I called and talked to Amber. She told me that it will be "tomorrow" before I will be called back because it's actually 24 "business hours". Oh. And by the way, the supervisor, Tiffany, is out of the office today and there is absolutely no one else but Tiffany who can hep me. I asked for Tiffany's supervisor, but Amber didn't know who that was... cough... cough... I then hung up and called Customer Service and spoke with Tevin who transferred me back to Barb from the previous day.

Barb went on about Federal guidelines that they have to follow, blah, blah and I told her to email them to me. All the rules and regulations. Now. I want to see them. I told her that if they did not send me the money to pay the roofer that I would halt the roofing and sue PNC for non-payment after the roofer puts a lien on the property. All of a sudden, my Divorce Decree got scanned through and after putting me on hold for 5 minutes, Barb said that they now have everything they need to issue a check to me. Hmmm...

Before we hung up, this is what I got out of her. PNC received the check on June 14, 2017. PNC - instead of endorsing the check and returning it to me - deposited the check into their "escrow account" because they have "only so many days we can hold the check". So you do the math. Sounds fishy to me. This is not PNC's money to deposit. PNC does not pay my insurance premiums for me. They should have returned the check ASAP and been glad that I care enough to work on getting a new roof.

Anyway, as of today, June 20, 2017 it will take "24 to 48" hours to have a check issued from "corporate". The check will be returned to loss/claims and will be endorsed. I asked why it will need to be endorsed by PNC if it's issued by PNC and made out to me. No answer form Barb on this. She said she was requesting the check right then and I asked her if it will take another "24 to 48" hours for PNC to find a stamp and a mailbox. So, that's my story. As soon as I can get away from PNC I am going to. Be aware of their shoddy and questionable business practices. Stay on top of them. Document, document, document.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC?

4 attempts on REFI and PNC self inflicts damage, denies anyways. Nov. 2016 PNC calls, invites me in to look at a REFI. 1st app they abandoned it and I get denial for incomplete. I call, we resubmit, now I've left a job for a better one in Jan 2017, it's a "staffing" but it's a right to work state, so no issue? Wrong, denied after the processor wants me to get all the payoffs, and info when it's HIS job. Mortgage team says they will replace him on my account and, "Let's resubmit again." 3rd attempt, I find out the SAME guy STILL on it, and having issues with VOE. Can't get anyone to use logic or common sense and underwriter (UW) decides that staffing while a long term here in Florida a right to work state anyways, understands the circumstances, however for "schedule B compliance" my loan must die.

At the invitation of the UW and high up the chain mortgage team, if I resubmit once again (4th time) they promise to be "more objective" in their process. I specifically asked the Loan Officer about this. If they truly are onboard I will resubmit, knowing all this credit running and such is surely to kill my credit and I will be unable to submit anywhere else for a very long time. I'm encouraged to go ahead, while everyone is onboard. Well the first thing they do, request a VOE from the WRONG employer, the parent company in NJ instead of the same one they used the previous times. They sent back info stating I'm a "technically a TEMP employee". I have to scramble to my actual employer, get them to resend correct info, and also have the parent company send a corrected VOE. Now UW has TWO and decides they are confused. (If you work for local TV station, you call THEM for VOE, not Time Warner in NYC!)

Now that shouldn't even matter as the commitment to being objective understands more companies use staffing agencies now thanks to health care policy and other and hire them instead of build their own HR dept. Didn't matter! UW completely reneged on their promise, used the excuse that they got the word "TEMP" (because they emailed and called BOTH parent co. and my employer "fishing" for someone to give them this PNC only "permanent" employment statement WITHOUT even defining "permanent"). This isn't a federal requirement, it's a PNC requirement that to this day they refuse after multiple requests to provide their definition in writing, or site reference for it. (Is it a year? 2? 5? Does it even matter in a "right to work" state?)

So the promised objectivity for whatever reason was just a ploy. They threw every reason they could to deny the loan including multiple issues with credit run too often and too often in a 6 month period (BECAUSE THEY RAN IT EVERY TIME!) So now, my credit is too low, I have the frequency hit, no other establishment will touch it now. I would understand had my status anywhere changed on the 3rd attempt, they could have ended it there, but THEY INVITED ME to resubmit then reneged on the objectivity promised. Customer relations at PNC inquired however was powerless and their response was "management reviewed all documents." WRONG! They were supposed to find out where the objectivity went, why was I invited to a 4th run and then deal broken, but they completely ignored it.

Millions in America work forever with staffing agencies, entire medical staffs in hospitals, most of the workers at every airport, for example work decades for staffing, including their supervisors and management. My company has just one employee working for the actual company, 5 different staffing agencies from across the country manage EVERY other employee! You could call staffing agencies the new HR. PNC even recognized that with their invite to resubmit, but destroyed my financial status and credit score impact will have me climbing out for quite sometime.

This isn't a Fannie Mae issue, or Frank Dodd issue, it's a PNC specific guideline for "permanent" yet most employer will NOT give more than what is required by law. Common sense tells you any extra information lays the employer open to problems down the road. PNC to date will NOT give me this definition of their, or its reference. As a disabled Vet, it's a crying shame. I actually get better treatment from the VA that has people dying in their waiting areas than PNC Mortgage!

Mark ** of PNC BANK MORTGAGE, is a complete liar and fraud. We were approved in March and were told we would get commitment letter in 24 to 48 hours. After multiple phone calls and numerous unanswered emails, he finally told us today... 2 months later and over $3000.00 in lost money, that things were never going to work from the beginning and we should go somewhere else. How does a company allow an employee to lie to a potential customer for months? Stay away from PNC Mortgage and Mark **. Complete frauds.

I've had a PNC mortgage for over 20 years. With interest rates low, I decided to check in to refinancing. Called the 800 number and began the process. I have 1 mortgage at 5.75% and a second at 3.25%. We discussed rolling the second mortgage into first but I decided to leave it alone. It's a small balance with a low interest with a payment I can handle. I just really wanted to lower the first mortgage. No monies out, just lower it. So, I paid the application fee of around $100.00 and was told an appraiser would be in touch to schedule an appraisal. I was told the whole process would take about 30 days.

I had the inspection done at the tune of around $550.00. Done, done, done. Wait, wait, wait. I get a letter about 30 days later stating that that is a second lien on the house. Duh, yes, I know that. That would be my second mortgage. Remember, we're not including that. From then on, Russell ** would not take my calls or reply to my emails. Finally 3 months into the fiasco, I get a letter explaining that my application was rejected due to "lack of information". WTF? I stormed to my local PNC where of course no one could help me but I filed a complaint. I don't want anything now from these bozos but my application fee and the cost of having my home appraised.

I got a call just last week from David ** that a refund would not be possible because I didn't tell them I had the second mortgage. Again, WTF? I beg your pardon but we did discuss the 2nd in the initial conversation. How could they not see that? It is a PNC account and we talked about it. Now, this David person is going to review the phone tapes to hear exactly what was discussed. Crazy, crazy, crazy. This has become so convoluted it's insanity. Give me my money back and I will go elsewhere.

I placed a claim with my insurance company for repairs and damages to my house due to flood in Oct 2016. PNC mortgage wanted the check and that was fine. They stated that as the repairs were being done they would issue a portion of the funds to me to pay the contractors. Well it well for the replacement of the roof and floors in the house. I had to pay out of pocket for the other repairs because they stated that they had paid the allowed amount and the remainder funds would not be released until all work was done. I now can see damage, ie rotten boards where the rain destroyed and the contractors did not catch in the estimate. I would like to have this repaired as wasp are going into the openings.

My house also needs painting due to the water damage. There is money left from my claim that is just sitting in an account. Why can't I use this money to repair my house? I cannot seem to get anyone to answer the phone. I have called through customer service only to be transferred to them and kept on hold for over 15 minutes. The phone then constantly rings and no one picks up. My mortgage was sold to PNC mortgage and I must say they are the rudest company I have ever had to experience.

I am a General Contractor for a PNC Mortgage Holder. PNC has had the 1st insurance check since the middle of March 2017. We have finished up all trades on the client's home and sent PNC all correspondence needed to release the check. The completion certificate was faxed a 2nd time on 4/6/2017. My client has spent hours on hold to talk to a representative but no one ever answers the phone. I have emailed and no response. I have suggested to my client that he change mortgage companies to one that really cares about their mortgage holders. I will be turning this over to the Attorney General's Office for further help.

So we applied for a mortgage and throughout the process e-mails went unanswered, ignored, or answered after three and four days. Everything was sat on until the last minute then it was a huge rush to get things pushed through. The loan processor began emailing insults as related to our lack of patience. Now the loan will not close as was expected (and all because we were ignored) and we will lose the opportunity to close on our home. As of this date I intend to pull all of our banking from PNC Bank and NEVER to return. To think that going with your personal bank whom you already have a relationship with would be simpler and easier.

I refinanced with a co. and about a week later they sold it to PNC bank. PNC started sending me letters that I didn't have flood ins. Then they said I didn't have adequate flood coverage. Then they said my flood ins. expired. Then they had me with an ins co. I never even heard of. Since I just refinanced, and you just bought the loan wouldn't you think they would have checked this information out with the co they purchased me from... Since I had just refinanced, you know I had to have the proper information and everything in place. My flood ins was paid in full in Aug 2016-Aug 2017. I did my refi in November 2016. How could you say my flood ins expired. I do not recommend them at all!!! PS, I have several mortgage companies throughout the years and have never had this kind of nonsense before. Well except for Nationstar, whom I would not recommend also.

All I want to say is PNC should be ashamed of themselves. When I bought my home in 2008 it was with a mortgage company who then sold it to PNC. In the years of paying my mortgage each month any time I had to speak with a representative they were rude and never really seem like they cared about my problems. Fast forward to 2016. I have been needing to refinance my house to remove my ex-husband's name from the deed and the loan. I first contacted PNC and ask them if I would be eligible to refinance with them considering that's who my house is with. Because my home had been a rental home and because I did not live there and I could not refinance because of certain Financial things. A month after I had given up PNC called me. Told me that I would be eligible to refinance and do an FHA streamline loan period. And I could remove my ex-husband's name with no problem.

I spent almost 4 months sending them the documents. Not once, not twice but three times. I then got a phone call from the loan officer stating that because my current husband's name was on my bank statements which verified six months of payments they could not go forth with the loan. You're right just because my bank statements had my current husband's name on them I could not proceed with the loan. After saying a few Choice words and crying, I calmed down. I've been called my loan officer back and told them that if I had to add my current husband's name to the loan so be it. But after asking many questions I was told that my rate would change from 3.8 to 4.1 and my closing costs we're going to be $1,000 more.

Just like many of the other consumers that have complained I spent a lot of my time sending emails and not getting responses. Calling and being told someone would return my call and not be called. PNC is corrupt! 3 weeks and to the second loan application... you know the one where I added my current husband's name I finally got paperwork in the the mail my loan has not been approved. So let me get this right... I was approved for the first loan that didn't have my current husband's name on it. But because of his name being on my bank statements had my current husband's name on it after resubmitting the second loan application I was not approved. PNC should burn.

You don't have a choice about becoming their customer. They buy your loan and you are stuck. And then you suffer. They messed things up when they bought my loan. They couldn't make their own auto-pay system work (their IT is terrible). Then they hit my credit rating with a 60 day late! Incompetence like you've never experienced.

Paid off loan in October and I'm blocked from signing in. Sold rental in October, I need all the taxes, insurance and interest paid info. I don't recall getting in the mail. The website I used for 10 years to pay and get this info no longer recognizes me as a user. Hoping to get online, now will take my chances calling and then waiting for a mailed tax form.

My mortgage is currently with PNC. I wanted to take advantage of the lower mortgage rates, and with constant bombardment of PNC's 'Refinance with us' mailings, I decided to do all the work required. It started well, and then the bottom dropped out. The finance officer, located in Michigan, promised the sun and the moon, then moved to Mars. For over a month I called and sent emails. No response. Finally, another finance officer contacted me and continued to process my application. I sent ALL paperwork requested - repeatedly! I don't understand. How is it that the underwriters have absolutely no clue as to what their job is? I sent proof several times that I OWN my solar panels. I sent an electric bill to prove that I am hooked up to the grid. I once again, for about the 5th time, received an email asking for proof that I paid for the solar panels. I told them to keep their mortgage.

My sister suggested that they never wanted me to refinance for a lower rate when they already are getting more money out of me. I tend to agree. PNC, as far as I am concerned, is a very corrupt bank, lying to people about how they will get you the refinance. I wasted 5 months playing their games. I can only hope and pray that the bank goes under. Save the rest of the world the aggravation and nonsense they heaped upon me, and apparently a tremendous number of other people.

I've read some of the complaints and all I can say is I am amazed that many of the complaints are exactly like mine. I wish. So now for my complaint... We originally financed our home with another company, then PNC bought our loan. I had no problem after paying our loan for over 10 years total. We decided to refinance to ten years and since we would not need another property survey since PNC already had a copy it made sense to refi with PNC.

That was a big mistake. We experienced the same clumsy issues as did Josh of South Carolina dated Jan 5, 2017. Our loan officer's name is Diane **. The first person that we worked with took our application, etc. and then it went to her. She would not confirm that I sent the correct papers, etc. Ended up sending the same thing several times. She messed it up so badly, our closing date finally arrived way past our expectations because the interest lock-in date was 4 days away! She made mistake after mistake!

That is not the worst of it. They rolled over the escrow, etc. as expected to the new loan. She told me that an FHA loan, they had to charge me for two months interest on the old loan but said I would get it back. Also, instead of the payoff on the original loan being paid off on the date they said it would, they held it up for 6 days. I guess so they could get more interest on it as well as already charging me interest on the new loan.

Instead of them sending me the interest overpayment, they put it in our escrow account! So now they have much more in our escrow account than necessary and making money on our money sitting in la la land! I do not feel their people are trained to help their customers, instead I think they are poorly trained and most likely trained to perform in the best interest of PNC.

All options were within the nose of each other for a refinance. I previously had a mortgage with PNC. So I figured all things being equal I would re-use them - it should be easier. This was a mistake. The amount of documentation I need to provide was as if they did not have an existing financial relationship with me. Fine. However, several of the document required were redundant and a waste of time.

First let me say that I've never felt so badly about a company that I felt inclined to create an online account just tell others about the experience. There is a first for everything I guess. I'll just dive into it now.

My wife and I moved to South Carolina from Virginia a little over three years ago. While living in VA we had a mortgage through PNC and were very satisfied with them and the service we'd received. So when it came time to buy a home in South Carolina recently we of course decided to go with them again. We contacted them and started the process with the Mortgage Loan Originator. She was friendly and knowledgeable and things seemed good at first. After the initial contact and pre-approval is where things started to go downhill fast. We were transitioned over to a Mortgage Loan Processor to help with gathering required documents to get final approval from the underwriters.

This Lady who is the Mortgage Loan Processor can barely even complete a coherent sentence. Her emails are gibberish and her attitude is full of contempt. She refuses to respond to emails in a timely manner. She never answers the phone and only returns phone calls at her convenience. Here is an example of the type of emails that I received from this woman. (Hi, Mr. ... Form a copy date blue mouse) Yeah I'm exaggerating a little but some of her emails left me just as confused as the statement above. So pretty quickly my wife and I had enough of this and we complained to her Supervisor, on voice mail of course because nobody in this organization will answer the phone. We received a call back shortly from the supervisor and she explained that it was all my fault for not being patient and that her employee was very busy working with lots of others. NOT MY PROBLEM!!!! Long story short I decided to give her another shot.

Communication issues continued as if I'd never complained. Documents were requested by her and sent by me and then the next week she would ask for the same document again and say that I never gave it to her before, even though I had proof that I did. Finally we got through all the issues with this woman and got to the final approval. They sent over the numbers and my wife and I reviewed them. A few of the numbers were not clear to us so we called for an explanation. On the phone with her I said, "could you please go over the numbers with us so we can make sure we understand?" She said, "No you need to tell me what you don't understand first." I said "well nobody from PNC has gone over any of it with us so could you please go through all of it with us now?" She said "No, it's all there and explained for you in the document."

These quotes are not word for word because my memory isn't that good but we went back and forth like that for a few minutes before she finally said she couldn't help and would have to have someone else go through it with us. What?!?! Seriously! How is this person working in this position? She clearly doesn't know her job and doesn't have the customer service skills to be on the phone with customers representing a company. PNC, is this the type of image you want to portray?

So skip a few more frustrating moments and we finally make it to closing day. Now keep in mind that we've been given a closing date and time. We've given our landlord notice that we're moving out. We have all of our belongings packed in a truck and it's just a few days before Christmas. It's now one hour until we're supposed to meet at the closing office and sign the papers and I get a phone call from the closing office.

They say, "hey PNC is changing your numbers at the last minute so we're going to have to cancel your closing." What!!!!! My crap is packed in a truck. This cannot be happening. I called PNC about 50 times until someone finally called me back. Like I said they will not answer the phone. After going off for a minute they tell me, "well even though you had final approval our management found an issue and you have to pay an extra $600 at closing so we had to adjust the numbers." I ranted for a little bit and reminded them that I had already paid more than the required percentage down and also had paid an extra $500 out of pocket for a mistake they had made previously and that I was about to walk away (but I really couldn't). They came back 30 minutes later and said they got it down to $200 instead of $600.

They had me in a position where I had no choice. Remember, I have no place to live at this point. My stuff is packed in a rental truck that has to be returned pretty soon. Whatever they said I had to pay to keep closing on track then I was going to have to pay it. The cost of not paying it would have been higher. And I think they knew or know this and want to bleed people dry. I will be moving away from them soon and I will never do business with them again. Personally if I could afford it right now I would take legal action against them for the stress that they put me and my family through. Do whatever it takes to stay away from this place.

I have a mortgage with PNC and back then five years ago I was told I had to pay $800 to lock in an interest rate which I was told that it's only $100. Secondly I applied for a home-equity line to purchase a new property so I can write my current space out. They demanded numerous amounts of documentation something that was a relevant and on top of that they don't do home equity line for co-op which means they made me waste over two weeks of time!!!! Furthermore the gentleman that called back just said "it's just something we don't do" after two weeks of wasting my time. He clearly is not properly trained and again wasted my time. I don't know what type of scam the mortgage company is trying to play but they are doing very bad things. I want some type of outcome out of this.

I have been with PNC for years. Have all my accounts, mortgage and home equity there. I recently went to refinance with them. Of course I had to give them my life history, taxes for 3 years etc. Then they told me to roll my 457 over to them from MetLife and take monthly payments and that would bring my income up since I collect a pension. Well, stupid me I did that and started taking payments. Now they denied me the loan because I owe too much in credit cards, which is why I was taking the loan to pay them off. (Really PNC, you would be making more money!) My credit score is excellent but that does not matter. Then she says she will try for another type loan. Never heard back from her now for 3 weeks and they are ignoring my questions. I am looking elsewhere and taking every cent out of that PNC. Thanks for nothing PNC.

The worst experience ever. I applied for Home Equity Line in August of 2016. It took 2 months for a Appraisal report to come back and it took 3 weeks to be review. Every time I called they would tell me the report is being review. Finally got tired of the runaround and ask to speak to Supervisor. SUPERVISORS never contacted me. I then called the Escalation Department. It was no help. Please I don't want no one to go through a similar nightmare. JUST STAY AWAY FROM PNC BANK.

I never write reviews and shame on me for that. After this experience I am however in hopes of saving others the grief I suffered. In attempt to refinance my house I s/w agent ** at PNC. They required a LOT of documents, reports, and paperwork, much more than I've had to supply in past home transactions but oh well. I was told my rate would be locked in for 60 days and I had up until then to get all of the process complete.

After having numerous tax documents copied, and putting my accountant through the ringer and collecting everything, I submitted it all to PNC after 3 weeks of our initial call. After a week I received no feedback. I emailed and called several times with no return email or call. I finally got through and was told my application had been CANCELLED. I demanded a manager and he told me there was nothing he could do. To make it worse I lost my rate which was supposed to be fixed for 60 days, well the rates have gone up drastically since.

I was told they could start another application but I could not receive the previous rate by "Steve" the manager. I asked, "so your company made this mistake, I was lied to, this is going to cost me 1000's and there's nothing but 'I apologize for the misunderstanding'" you can do? It amazes me how some people do their jobs and have NO accountability for their mistakes or actions. I believe in karma, but do yourself a huge favor and go with another mortgage/refinance company.

PNC is a very poor mortgage company. When I ask for the process to cancel my PMI I was given a 2 page letter of all the steps I must follow, which one of them was send $500 to a appraisal company owned by PNC and after I call to ask questions and ask what other options I have. I was told in not so many words though that was the only option open to me and no I could not talk to a supervisor or any one else. All I can say is PNC does not have a customer service group can or want to deal with customers to help them. It is easier to refinance my home loan with another company and will cost me less money and I will not have to buy PMI.

Beware. I made the mistake of choosing them as a FHA loan, not only have they taken 40 days to get a loan commitment, they are using NationalLink for appraisals and they purposely appraise at a very low figure. I was unable to get my home, they were asking for 20k down FHA program. Loan officers are rookies and hardly ever answer the phone. I wish someone would have told me how awful it is to conduct mortgage business with them. You have been warned.

My mortgage was sold to PNC. No problems, I paid and they took the money. Then I suffered damage from a tornado December 26, 2015. The insurance company was quick to pay, but the money went to PNC for them to hold as repairs were made, fair enough, or so I thought. I have had to pay thousands of dollars out of pocket, went months and BEG PNC to reimburse me for repairs, even after I sent cancelled check copies. They have been HORRIBLE to work with. I still might have to sue to get money owed me, but normally, after a few months of begging they release the money to pay me for work I paid for months ago. RUN AWAY from PNC Mortgage.

I originally got my mortgage from Loan Depot, an absolutely terrible company. Home Depot sold my loan to PNC Mortgage. As my 1st payment is due PNC Mortgage did not have my account setup and did not allow me to make my first payment. My interest on the mortgage keeps growing even if they can't charge me a late fee. I have money for my mortgage payment sitting in my checking account while PNC will not allow me to pay my payment. I received notice that my loan was sold to PNC 17 days ago and they didn't have time to assign me a loan number and send out payment instructions. Do not use Loan Depot or PNC, they have terrible customer service.

I first applied for PNC to get a pre-approval for a loan to buy a house in June or July of 2016. I was to go to closing on 8/31. These people gave me and the owners the runaround for what was missing in paperwork for about a whole two months, which made the people that I was buying the home from back out. The loan officer left in middle of all this. However when the supervisor stepped in it went from bad to worst cost me my dream home. After I get another home I will never deal with PNC for anything after this. Just awful. :(

We spent 3 1/2 months dealing with PNC Bank over what should have been a simple refinance. I have never experienced such terrible customer service or lack of knowledge from a bank regarding mortgages. Multiple times documents had to be resent after the loan officer misplaced them, weeks at a time went by without any contact with us, and every time I contacted them they had screwed up some important information and were clueless on any details. After 3 1/2 months of them wasting our time they never even called to say they were not able to refinance our home. I received a letter in the mail with a generic reason. We then decided to refinance with our local credit union. They gave us a better rate, said we were great candidates for the refinance and had it all wrapped up in 3 short weeks!!! PLEASE think twice before using this bank for anything!!!

I have an line of credit from PNC. I notice discrepancy on the interest charged. I paid my loan 15 days in advance yet the interest is higher than the month before. I have called for explanation from PNC 3 weeks ago and still have no answer to date. I called many times and spent many hours on the phone (not to mention my calls are being passed around to different departments), yet no one has the answer. The person I spoke to last told me he will look into it and should have an answer in the next couple of days. A week later he still did not have the answer. Years ago (maybe in the early 2000) I have the same issue and PNC was able to credit me a big amount of money from the monthly interest charges they charged me on this account. I have to warn people that deal with this bank to be vigilant into your interest charges every month.

PNC Mortgage Company Profile