PNC Mortgage
1.13/5
Based on 228 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a mortgage lender?

PNC Mortgage

234 PNC Mortgage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 8, 2018

My husband and I took out our mortgage in 2001, our mortgage was sold to PNC in 2006 I believe. We have never had any issues with them. The few times we have had to call, they were very kind and welcoming. We have had no problems on our statements either. However; we have never been late nor have we missed any payments. I see all of the negative reviews and I am a bit shocked that so many are having issues. So glad we have only positive reviews for PNC.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I have my mortgage with PNC and I've been trying to remove the PMI. I have now paid twice for two appraisals at $500 each. I was told if I was below a certain number that my PMI will be removed and now they're telling me it won't be. I have in writing what they said and now they're not following through so I'm going to have to take them to small claims court. This is an absolute nightmare.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: April 7, 2018

These people are pathetic! My mortgage was sold to them and I had to put up with them for nearly a decade. They do everything wrong and break the law in their business practices. I called to ask about HARP and to get an application to see what it was about. From that point forward, whenever I called customer service, I was routed to their collections department. I have had 827-834 credit score for almost 2 decades, and still do! They have no sense of customer service and none of the people I spoke with were even slightly helpful and not completely rude or just sounded like they didn't want to be there, all the time! I would run as fast as I can and even pay higher interest to get away from these people. They are the worst of humanity!

Original review: April 7, 2018

My father paid cash for our home in Bangor California. After he passed on, my Mother elected to borrow against the home to pay off unmanageable medical expenses topping $32,000. Brannifer Financial Services in Chico assisted. They used National City Mortgage for the funding. They promised a fixed interest rate and a fixed payment amount. National City Mortgage (a California company) sold our mortgage to PNC Mortgage in Miamisburg Ohio. Within a year or two, our fixed payment amount was ignored. PNC Mortgage demanded a 34% increase in monthly payments.

My mother's sole income source, as with most elderly, was from Social Security. Her SS benefit was $918 per month. With National City Mortgage, her payment was approximately $600 per month. When PNC Mortgage saw the equity that she was sitting on they raised her payment to an amount in excess of $800 per month. She was devastated. She was also confused how, with a fixed interest rate that the payment changed so dramatically. She asked me to help her, which I did without question. She gave me power of attorney and informed the lender that I (her son) would be in charge of her financial affairs.

My first inquiry with PNC Mortgage was regarding the massive monthly payment increase. After several phone calls and letters, I was finally informed that the increase was a result of the escrow account being deficient. I'm not a banker, but I have never heard of such an excuse. I could understand the payment fluctuating $10 or even $20 for a year or so to cover higher homeowners insurance or property taxes. There was no significant increase in either of those. SO... WHO STOLE the Money? PNC!

I was not in a position where I could afford to supplement her payment indefinitely. PNC suggested REFi. So we did. I say we, but PNC rejected the initial refi, stating that I (her son) could not qualify. So we tried again, without me. HUGE Mistake. Things got all messed up. They kept referring to paperwork that was submitted during the first attempt. This went south when they first approved her refi, set up a payment schedule that allowed 60 days with no payment due. Then they rejected her refi and would not accept payments because of the payment gap that occurred that they set up for her. They acted like they were doing her a favor, when it was just a trick to cause default and subsequent foreclosure proceedings.

I hired an attorney out of Mission Viejo California. I had to borrow $1500 retainer. They had to work fast. Foreclosure was scheduled in less than 60 days. On the day that our house was scheduled to be sold at 12:00 noon we did not hear from anyone including the attorney until after 4:00pm. The sale was postponed. We received official "Loan Modification" documents from PNC Mortgage two days before they were to be rejected for being late.

They managed to lower the payment back down to within $30 of the original agreed upon monthly payment amount. But they increased the term of the loan from 20 years to 40 years. We never asked for that. When I was able to get their representative on the telephone to explain why, I was told the total amount borrowed was now more than twice as much as the original loan. She originally borrowed $32,000. Now she owed nearly $70,000. How can they justify this?

My mother died in June 2012. By that time I was had moved from Orange County to be with her during her final days. Because of the previous refi rejection involving my name, when she passed I continued to pay the mortgage payments as though nothing had changed. I tried to get financing from other lenders. This was impossible, because PNC Mortgage insisted that my name not be on any loan documents. I did not own the home, even though I was paying the payments from my account for two years prior to, and five years after her death.

In 2016 I became medically disabled. My disability insurance payments did not amount to enough to pay the mortgage. I liquidated my stock and later my IRA at considerable loss due to early payout. I had no choice but to ask PNC Mortgage to help me. PNC told me that they could allow me to assume the loan. This could take 90 days. I provided every document that they requested, including the death certificate and witnessed copies of my mother's last will & testament. While that change was in process (I thought), I contacted KeepYourHomeCA.org. I only asked for help reinstating the loan.

After the qualification process KYHCA told me that I qualified for "Principal Reduction" which would lower the payment to a monthly amount that, based on my decreased income, I could afford. After providing all of the documents that KYHCA required I was told that it would take at least 30 days to process. After 35 days I inquired several times. At least two weeks after that I received a phone call from the head processor at KYHCA. I was informed that under no circumstances could they help me because I did not own the home.

The home was willed to me. I was executor of my mother's estate. I had been sending money directly to the lender from my own account for nearly 10 years. When I contacted PNC Mortgage regarding assuming the loan, they had absolutely nothing in process. By this time I started receiving foreclosure notices. My father's home was sold January 16, 2018. This is a travesty. My family is devastated. PNC Mortgage accepted payments from me. Deposited my checks. Then rejected my payments and did not refund them. Same thing they did to my mom 9 years ago. CROOKS. DIRTY CROOKS. Dirty rotten scoundrels.

Original review: March 25, 2018

PNC holds the mortgage to our home. We CONSTANTLY get mail regarding lowering our rates. Every time we try to get information we do not get any results or callbacks. When we finally did through to someone, we started the refinance process and immediately received FORECLOSURE notices. We contacted PNC to find out what was going on only to receive more notices and advice to contact some financial officer to avoid legal action. A real estate attorney who told us to do nothing and let them foreclose and then we would sue them. This situation went away. We attempted to refinance through another company but the other company could not get enough info from PNC to complete the transaction. Through sheer frustration we gave up trying. So now we have the SAME mortgage at the SAME rate and are still getting the SAME letters offering to lower our rate. Saying we are dissatisfied doesn't even come close to how we feel.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

PNC bought DeepGreen 250k line of credit. I went to county clerk 52k was satisfied. PNC has starting balance as 128k. PNC refuse to show me where they got the 128k from. I wrote 98k in checks so 52k plus 98k 150k... How do I still owe 186k?? I filed complaint on CFPS and nothing was done to help me. I can't afford a lawyer 7k as a retainer. I have to pay because either DeepGreen or PNC made the mistake?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

My mortgage was sold to PNC so I did not apply with them. I make my payments on time every month so I do not have any issues with them calling me. They supply me with a statement annually and I do not see any discrepancies.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

PNC Mortgage took over 90 days to approve my mortgage. After three months, the seller of the home became frustrated (with PNC not providing a closing date), and refused to renew the contract. I forfeited my $2000 earnest deposit.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Purchased my home in 2007 with National City Bank Mortgage who sold my mortgage to PNC. Previously worked as a clinician and paid all my mortgages on time. I lost that job and accepted another job as a professor which did not pay as much. Contacted PNC who informed me that I should not pay for 3 months to qualify for a homeowner modification. I was given a trial period of 3 months and I paid for the 3 months prior to them approving the modification. I paid the modification for several years (270K) when suddenly PNC decided to return all my mortgage checks (after mine had been cashed).

I did not cash any of their checks that have been returned and they have stacked up to >50K. They have since sent me a letter they are going to foreclose on the home and I have decided to file bankruptcy to protect myself against PNC which has since ruined my credit. I have since received a letter from PNC stating they are going to court to sell the house on November 1st and I have now decided to join a class action lawsuit as I have paid thousands of dollars in attorney fees and no results from the local Attorney General and courts.

Updated on 11/05/2017: This is a follow up from my prior complaint regarding PNC mortgage. PNC foreclosed on my prior account while I was paying my mortgage and has handed my home over for renting to a company out of Utah called Real Property Management National Accounts c/o Property Management Business Solutions, LLC. Buyers beware. Do not take out a mortgage with PNC mortgage!!! If you have been ripped off the way I have and not obtaining local help from your local courts and politicians seek class action! This can't be legal.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

So I was told I qualify for the HARP program and PNC helped refinance my house - I wanted to do a cash out to pay off some high-interest credit cards but my advisor said to keep original loan and do a HELOC so that's what I did. BIG SURPRISE. Ink wasn't even dry on the re-fi and PNC sends me a rejection letter saying I don't qualify for the HELOC because my credit score needs improvement - So no one thought to get my credit score at the beginning of this little process??? Now I STILL have high interest credit cards and was told I cannot re-apply for a HELOC for at least 6-12 months. These people are as crooked as they come and THE MINUTE I can qualify with another lender PNC WILL NOT get one more penny from me or my family. CROOKS!!!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

An absolute scam. It would take hours to write what a terrible company this is. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME. I have got more done in 3 days with a new mortgage company that took 3 weeks with PNC. PNC lost more paperwork than you could imagine. I honestly think they really arent in the mortgage business.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I have been a PNC customer for a long time and very satisfied with banking through them. However, PNC Mortgage is a nightmare! My first home I financed through another mortgage lender and did not have a positive experience so I decided to go with my bank for my second home and it was an even worse experience for all parties involved. My assigned loan officer was disrespectful, not available much, and not efficient. She even left for mini vacation without telling anyone, only receiving an auto response through email. I understand very well that for a mortgage there is a whole background process but neither the front line or back line was a positive experience. I had to complete a ridiculous amount of paperwork and PNC Mortgage does not accept electronic signatures. I had to run to FedEx to print pages and pages, just to sign in ink and then fax it back. Tedious! It was a waste of my time and money.

Besides that, the home that I purchased was fully remodeled and the seller already agreed to replace the roof over garage and AC and a few other things that came back from the inspection. Needless to say, PNC Mortgage ordered an appraisal and it failed due to the AC and Roof. This became a huge ordeal for PNC and all parties were fed up with them. We had very poor communication with PNC about what is going on and what needs to be done to satisfy their needs. They requested and required ridiculous amount of paperwork and information from the seller party, AC tech, Roof guy, etc.

PNC almost lost me my new remodeled home, the seller was ready to back out because of all the road blocks with PNC. My closing was delayed 1 week and luckily the seller stuck it out with me, realizing I had zero control over what my bank was doing. If I had more time and the housing market wasn't so cut throat at this time in my area, I would have chosen another lender. At least that way, I wouldn't have a reason to be upset with my own bank.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Terrible website, you are not allowed to create an online account unless you have a PIN and you can't get a PIN without talking to someone on the East Coast during business hours, really? I thought this was the 21st century!? Even the highly regulated health care industry can find a secure way to allow me to create an online account and validate my identity. Then you direct me to your automated customer service line and ask me to enter my SSN three times! And my Loan number 1x only to find you don't offer any option to provide my PIN outside of business hours. Waste of 30 minutes!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

We had purchased a property in Sept of 2013 which had required that we purchase flood insurance for the balance of our loan. We signed an agreement that we would carry enough insurance for the balance of the loan for the life of the loan and did this but then our loan was sold to PNC Mortgage in 2015. We received a letter saying that none of the original conditions of our loan would change. A few weeks after PNC took over they demanded we purchase additional flood insurance because their policy was for us to carry the amount of replacement value on our property not the loan balance. Clearly they were changing the original loan agreement we signed. We ended up refinancing our home with a different bank which cost us an extra 3,500 in closing costs and appraisals to get them off our backs.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I have been a customer at your bank for many years and have always been satisfied with the way you handled business, but after recommending your service to my son Lee ** for a mortgage loan that is no longer my feeling. After almost 5 months of gathering financial and tax statements, typing and retyping letters to suit your needs, two appraisals (you couldn’t find the first appraiser after waiting two weeks for his report) then having to hire an engineer who required structural repairs that will have to be torn out eventually to repair the wall properly, to stop leakage, then, after repairs, more financial request and all the stress of dealing with the previous owners, my son finally said he was tired of PNC’s BS and for me to forget helping him, he would take care of it.

Lee went to Heritage Bank where the loan officer said, “Why don’t you just do an equity loan?” So within 3 weeks, with a drive by, no charge appraisal, and a lot less paperwork, a closing was scheduled and in less than 30 days everyone had their checks and everything was finally over. As a professional loan officer, and as a service to your customer, why couldn’t you have recommended an equity loan instead of the more expensive route? So final cost for my son not getting a loan at your bank: Appraisal fee… $500. Engineer inspection… $300. Repairs required… $1500. Cash to sellers to hold property... $10,000.

Total + 5 months time & stress... $12,300 cash out of pocket to not get a loan at your bank. Would you recommend this bank to your son for a mortgage loan? I also talked to two other people, Rick **, and Traci **, who both said they had the same experience with your loan department. Lee knows he can’t get his money back but we both wanted you to know that anytime someone asks about a reference for a mortgage loan we can sure tell them who not to go to. Thank you for all your time and all our trouble. One formerly loyal, but now sorry I recommended you customer.

Original review: June 21, 2017

My husband and I were looking for a mortgage thru PNC. My husband has a lot of student loan debt so when we spoke with the man Erik from Abington/Jenkintown PA Branch he was aware of all of our finances and even gave us a pre approval. We were very thrilled and I spoke with him on many occasions discussing how we were able to get a mortgage through them and denied other places. Well everything went to the underwriters and he told us 3 days to get everything officiated. Don't you know he did not answer any of my phone calls or emails or messages.

This gentleman was not too nice from the beginning at points, but I took the high road. It's a stressful job. At my breaking point I walk into the Abington PNC Branch pregnant carrying two kids with me for him to tell me in person it did not work. HE LEFT A VOICEMAIL SAYING IT WAS NOT GOING TO WORK OUT. BEST OF LUCK. Voicemail, who does that... PNC does. Disgusted. We ended up going with another bank who were amazing and approved up in a week span. But PNC how do you treat customers like that, how do you have people who downgrade when talking to your customers.

Original review: June 20, 2017

After assuming my father's mortgage, PNC Mortgage has been a disaster from the start. You can send/sign/hire an attorney your life away. They DO NOT want to work with you, they DO NOT want to help you, and while they are requesting document after document that the original packet didn't require, they are going to come back to you with an "I'm Sorry. You can short-sale or Deed-in-lieu." Most the time, they come back to you in the 11th hour and demand more paperwork, therefore not even allowing the time to submit, and suddenly your application is closed in that department due to time. They always tell you "Loss mitigation is the way to go, they will gladly help" - False hope. They do not want to help.

I have hired an attorney, I have tried to deal with them, even got the document to them the day they requested it - But due to their 24-48 hour document processing time - They closed the application. IT WAS THE SAME DAY! Scam artists, fear your equity. That is all they want. RUN, RUN very far away. They do not want to help, they won't help, and they want your home.

Original review: June 20, 2017

My mortgage was bought by PNC and what an awful company they are. My first experience with them was February 18, 2016 when I faxed a request for the release of my escrow account because the LTV was at that time 63.20% (it's lower now). A letter dated February 22, 2016 said they were "reviewing" the inquiry. Then came a letter dated April 6, 2016 stating that the closure of my escrow account was approved. However. In order for them to do so, I would have to pay a fee of $550.94. Needless to say, I was not willing to pay them a fee to return my money to me so I could take over my insurance and tax payments. So they still handle my escrow account to this day. I won't pay them one dime that they don't deserve.

That brings us to my current encounter with PNC mortgage. My insurance company approved a new roof as a result of wind and hail damage and issued a check for roughly half of their estimate. The check was made out to myself and to PNC. On June 7, 2017 I called PNC loss/claims department and asked them what they needed from me. "Oh nothing but the check. Sign the check and mail it to the address." Okay. Put it in the mail USPS June 8, 2017. In the meantime my roofer began work and I did keep him informed of the status of the initial check.

On Sunday, June 18, 2017 I received an email from PNC stating that I had not produced the documentation they needed, which was the insurance estimate and my notarized signature on an Affidavit that insures I will pay the roofer and not let an lien be put on the house. Duh. Oh, so I got on the stick and emailed the documents to them on June 19 at 1:13 pm. At approximately 2:00 pm I called to follow up. Yes, they received the documents but now they need a copy of my Divorce Decree (the ex husband's name is still on the mortgage even though he does not pay the mortgage payment or insurance or taxes on the property). I was assured that the DD would satisfy the issue even when I told the person that it didn't specify anything about the mortgage. No matter, that's "all we need".

So, I emailed my Divorce Decree on June 19 at 3:13 pm. At 3:50 pm I called again to follow up. This time I got someone named Barb. She told me that nope, the Divorce Decree wasn't enough. They need the Order stating that I pay the mortgage payment. Let's stop here and think about this. What difference does it make to this situation - paying for a roof - that I am divorced and that I am the one to make the mortgage payments. I'm being jerked around for sure, but having no choice, I emailed the Order at 4:23 pm. I called pretty quickly to follow up and was told that it's "too late" in the day to review the documents. I demanded that a supervisor call me and was told that it would be within "24 hours".

On June 20 at 12:23 pm after hearing nothing I called and talked to Amber. She told me that it will be "tomorrow" before I will be called back because it's actually 24 "business hours". Oh. And by the way, the supervisor, Tiffany, is out of the office today and there is absolutely no one else but Tiffany who can hep me. I asked for Tiffany's supervisor, but Amber didn't know who that was... cough... cough... I then hung up and called Customer Service and spoke with Tevin who transferred me back to Barb from the previous day.

Barb went on about Federal guidelines that they have to follow, blah, blah and I told her to email them to me. All the rules and regulations. Now. I want to see them. I told her that if they did not send me the money to pay the roofer that I would halt the roofing and sue PNC for non-payment after the roofer puts a lien on the property. All of a sudden, my Divorce Decree got scanned through and after putting me on hold for 5 minutes, Barb said that they now have everything they need to issue a check to me. Hmmm...

Before we hung up, this is what I got out of her. PNC received the check on June 14, 2017. PNC - instead of endorsing the check and returning it to me - deposited the check into their "escrow account" because they have "only so many days we can hold the check". So you do the math. Sounds fishy to me. This is not PNC's money to deposit. PNC does not pay my insurance premiums for me. They should have returned the check ASAP and been glad that I care enough to work on getting a new roof.

Anyway, as of today, June 20, 2017 it will take "24 to 48" hours to have a check issued from "corporate". The check will be returned to loss/claims and will be endorsed. I asked why it will need to be endorsed by PNC if it's issued by PNC and made out to me. No answer form Barb on this. She said she was requesting the check right then and I asked her if it will take another "24 to 48" hours for PNC to find a stamp and a mailbox. So, that's my story. As soon as I can get away from PNC I am going to. Be aware of their shoddy and questionable business practices. Stay on top of them. Document, document, document.

Original review: June 8, 2017

4 attempts on REFI and PNC self inflicts damage, denies anyways. Nov. 2016 PNC calls, invites me in to look at a REFI. 1st app they abandoned it and I get denial for incomplete. I call, we resubmit, now I've left a job for a better one in Jan 2017, it's a "staffing" but it's a right to work state, so no issue? Wrong, denied after the processor wants me to get all the payoffs, and info when it's HIS job. Mortgage team says they will replace him on my account and, "Let's resubmit again." 3rd attempt, I find out the SAME guy STILL on it, and having issues with VOE. Can't get anyone to use logic or common sense and underwriter (UW) decides that staffing while a long term here in Florida a right to work state anyways, understands the circumstances, however for "schedule B compliance" my loan must die.

At the invitation of the UW and high up the chain mortgage team, if I resubmit once again (4th time) they promise to be "more objective" in their process. I specifically asked the Loan Officer about this. If they truly are onboard I will resubmit, knowing all this credit running and such is surely to kill my credit and I will be unable to submit anywhere else for a very long time. I'm encouraged to go ahead, while everyone is onboard. Well the first thing they do, request a VOE from the WRONG employer, the parent company in NJ instead of the same one they used the previous times. They sent back info stating I'm a "technically a TEMP employee". I have to scramble to my actual employer, get them to resend correct info, and also have the parent company send a corrected VOE. Now UW has TWO and decides they are confused. (If you work for local TV station, you call THEM for VOE, not Time Warner in NYC!)

Now that shouldn't even matter as the commitment to being objective understands more companies use staffing agencies now thanks to health care policy and other and hire them instead of build their own HR dept. Didn't matter! UW completely reneged on their promise, used the excuse that they got the word "TEMP" (because they emailed and called BOTH parent co. and my employer "fishing" for someone to give them this PNC only "permanent" employment statement WITHOUT even defining "permanent"). This isn't a federal requirement, it's a PNC requirement that to this day they refuse after multiple requests to provide their definition in writing, or site reference for it. (Is it a year? 2? 5? Does it even matter in a "right to work" state?)

So the promised objectivity for whatever reason was just a ploy. They threw every reason they could to deny the loan including multiple issues with credit run too often and too often in a 6 month period (BECAUSE THEY RAN IT EVERY TIME!) So now, my credit is too low, I have the frequency hit, no other establishment will touch it now. I would understand had my status anywhere changed on the 3rd attempt, they could have ended it there, but THEY INVITED ME to resubmit then reneged on the objectivity promised. Customer relations at PNC inquired however was powerless and their response was "management reviewed all documents." WRONG! They were supposed to find out where the objectivity went, why was I invited to a 4th run and then deal broken, but they completely ignored it.

Millions in America work forever with staffing agencies, entire medical staffs in hospitals, most of the workers at every airport, for example work decades for staffing, including their supervisors and management. My company has just one employee working for the actual company, 5 different staffing agencies from across the country manage EVERY other employee! You could call staffing agencies the new HR. PNC even recognized that with their invite to resubmit, but destroyed my financial status and credit score impact will have me climbing out for quite sometime.

This isn't a Fannie Mae issue, or Frank Dodd issue, it's a PNC specific guideline for "permanent" yet most employer will NOT give more than what is required by law. Common sense tells you any extra information lays the employer open to problems down the road. PNC to date will NOT give me this definition of their, or its reference. As a disabled Vet, it's a crying shame. I actually get better treatment from the VA that has people dying in their waiting areas than PNC Mortgage!

Original review: May 22, 2017

Mark ** of PNC BANK MORTGAGE, is a complete liar and fraud. We were approved in March and were told we would get commitment letter in 24 to 48 hours. After multiple phone calls and numerous unanswered emails, he finally told us today... 2 months later and over $3000.00 in lost money, that things were never going to work from the beginning and we should go somewhere else. How does a company allow an employee to lie to a potential customer for months? Stay away from PNC Mortgage and Mark **. Complete frauds.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I've had a PNC mortgage for over 20 years. With interest rates low, I decided to check in to refinancing. Called the 800 number and began the process. I have 1 mortgage at 5.75% and a second at 3.25%. We discussed rolling the second mortgage into first but I decided to leave it alone. It's a small balance with a low interest with a payment I can handle. I just really wanted to lower the first mortgage. No monies out, just lower it. So, I paid the application fee of around $100.00 and was told an appraiser would be in touch to schedule an appraisal. I was told the whole process would take about 30 days.

I had the inspection done at the tune of around $550.00. Done, done, done. Wait, wait, wait. I get a letter about 30 days later stating that that is a second lien on the house. Duh, yes, I know that. That would be my second mortgage. Remember, we're not including that. From then on, Russell ** would not take my calls or reply to my emails. Finally 3 months into the fiasco, I get a letter explaining that my application was rejected due to "lack of information". WTF? I stormed to my local PNC where of course no one could help me but I filed a complaint. I don't want anything now from these bozos but my application fee and the cost of having my home appraised.

I got a call just last week from David ** that a refund would not be possible because I didn't tell them I had the second mortgage. Again, WTF? I beg your pardon but we did discuss the 2nd in the initial conversation. How could they not see that? It is a PNC account and we talked about it. Now, this David person is going to review the phone tapes to hear exactly what was discussed. Crazy, crazy, crazy. This has become so convoluted it's insanity. Give me my money back and I will go elsewhere.

Original review: April 19, 2017

I placed a claim with my insurance company for repairs and damages to my house due to flood in Oct 2016. PNC mortgage wanted the check and that was fine. They stated that as the repairs were being done they would issue a portion of the funds to me to pay the contractors. Well it well for the replacement of the roof and floors in the house. I had to pay out of pocket for the other repairs because they stated that they had paid the allowed amount and the remainder funds would not be released until all work was done. I now can see damage, ie rotten boards where the rain destroyed and the contractors did not catch in the estimate. I would like to have this repaired as wasp are going into the openings.

My house also needs painting due to the water damage. There is money left from my claim that is just sitting in an account. Why can't I use this money to repair my house? I cannot seem to get anyone to answer the phone. I have called through customer service only to be transferred to them and kept on hold for over 15 minutes. The phone then constantly rings and no one picks up. My mortgage was sold to PNC mortgage and I must say they are the rudest company I have ever had to experience.

Original review: April 19, 2017

I am a General Contractor for a PNC Mortgage Holder. PNC has had the 1st insurance check since the middle of March 2017. We have finished up all trades on the client's home and sent PNC all correspondence needed to release the check. The completion certificate was faxed a 2nd time on 4/6/2017. My client has spent hours on hold to talk to a representative but no one ever answers the phone. I have emailed and no response. I have suggested to my client that he change mortgage companies to one that really cares about their mortgage holders. I will be turning this over to the Attorney General's Office for further help.

Original review: April 17, 2017

So we applied for a mortgage and throughout the process e-mails went unanswered, ignored, or answered after three and four days. Everything was sat on until the last minute then it was a huge rush to get things pushed through. The loan processor began emailing insults as related to our lack of patience. Now the loan will not close as was expected (and all because we were ignored) and we will lose the opportunity to close on our home. As of this date I intend to pull all of our banking from PNC Bank and NEVER to return. To think that going with your personal bank whom you already have a relationship with would be simpler and easier.

Original review: March 24, 2017

I refinanced with a co. and about a week later they sold it to PNC bank. PNC started sending me letters that I didn't have flood ins. Then they said I didn't have adequate flood coverage. Then they said my flood ins. expired. Then they had me with an ins co. I never even heard of. Since I just refinanced, and you just bought the loan wouldn't you think they would have checked this information out with the co they purchased me from... Since I had just refinanced, you know I had to have the proper information and everything in place. My flood ins was paid in full in Aug 2016-Aug 2017. I did my refi in November 2016. How could you say my flood ins expired. I do not recommend them at all!!! PS, I have several mortgage companies throughout the years and have never had this kind of nonsense before. Well except for Nationstar, whom I would not recommend also.

Original review: March 14, 2017

All I want to say is PNC should be ashamed of themselves. When I bought my home in 2008 it was with a mortgage company who then sold it to PNC. In the years of paying my mortgage each month any time I had to speak with a representative they were rude and never really seem like they cared about my problems. Fast forward to 2016. I have been needing to refinance my house to remove my ex-husband's name from the deed and the loan. I first contacted PNC and ask them if I would be eligible to refinance with them considering that's who my house is with. Because my home had been a rental home and because I did not live there and I could not refinance because of certain Financial things. A month after I had given up PNC called me. Told me that I would be eligible to refinance and do an FHA streamline loan period. And I could remove my ex-husband's name with no problem.

I spent almost 4 months sending them the documents. Not once, not twice but three times. I then got a phone call from the loan officer stating that because my current husband's name was on my bank statements which verified six months of payments they could not go forth with the loan. You're right just because my bank statements had my current husband's name on them I could not proceed with the loan. After saying a few Choice words and crying, I calmed down. I've been called my loan officer back and told them that if I had to add my current husband's name to the loan so be it. But after asking many questions I was told that my rate would change from 3.8 to 4.1 and my closing costs we're going to be $1,000 more.

Just like many of the other consumers that have complained I spent a lot of my time sending emails and not getting responses. Calling and being told someone would return my call and not be called. PNC is corrupt! 3 weeks and to the second loan application... you know the one where I added my current husband's name I finally got paperwork in the the mail my loan has not been approved. So let me get this right... I was approved for the first loan that didn't have my current husband's name on it. But because of his name being on my bank statements had my current husband's name on it after resubmitting the second loan application I was not approved. PNC should burn.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

You don't have a choice about becoming their customer. They buy your loan and you are stuck. And then you suffer. They messed things up when they bought my loan. They couldn't make their own auto-pay system work (their IT is terrible). Then they hit my credit rating with a 60 day late! Incompetence like you've never experienced.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

Paid off loan in October and I'm blocked from signing in. Sold rental in October, I need all the taxes, insurance and interest paid info. I don't recall getting in the mail. The website I used for 10 years to pay and get this info no longer recognizes me as a user. Hoping to get online, now will take my chances calling and then waiting for a mailed tax form.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

My mortgage is currently with PNC. I wanted to take advantage of the lower mortgage rates, and with constant bombardment of PNC's 'Refinance with us' mailings, I decided to do all the work required. It started well, and then the bottom dropped out. The finance officer, located in Michigan, promised the sun and the moon, then moved to Mars. For over a month I called and sent emails. No response. Finally, another finance officer contacted me and continued to process my application. I sent ALL paperwork requested - repeatedly! I don't understand. How is it that the underwriters have absolutely no clue as to what their job is? I sent proof several times that I OWN my solar panels. I sent an electric bill to prove that I am hooked up to the grid. I once again, for about the 5th time, received an email asking for proof that I paid for the solar panels. I told them to keep their mortgage.

My sister suggested that they never wanted me to refinance for a lower rate when they already are getting more money out of me. I tend to agree. PNC, as far as I am concerned, is a very corrupt bank, lying to people about how they will get you the refinance. I wasted 5 months playing their games. I can only hope and pray that the bank goes under. Save the rest of the world the aggravation and nonsense they heaped upon me, and apparently a tremendous number of other people.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

I've read some of the complaints and all I can say is I am amazed that many of the complaints are exactly like mine. I wish. So now for my complaint... We originally financed our home with another company, then PNC bought our loan. I had no problem after paying our loan for over 10 years total. We decided to refinance to ten years and since we would not need another property survey since PNC already had a copy it made sense to refi with PNC.

That was a big mistake. We experienced the same clumsy issues as did Josh of South Carolina dated Jan 5, 2017. Our loan officer's name is Diane **. The first person that we worked with took our application, etc. and then it went to her. She would not confirm that I sent the correct papers, etc. Ended up sending the same thing several times. She messed it up so badly, our closing date finally arrived way past our expectations because the interest lock-in date was 4 days away! She made mistake after mistake!

That is not the worst of it. They rolled over the escrow, etc. as expected to the new loan. She told me that an FHA loan, they had to charge me for two months interest on the old loan but said I would get it back. Also, instead of the payoff on the original loan being paid off on the date they said it would, they held it up for 6 days. I guess so they could get more interest on it as well as already charging me interest on the new loan.

Instead of them sending me the interest overpayment, they put it in our escrow account! So now they have much more in our escrow account than necessary and making money on our money sitting in la la land! I do not feel their people are trained to help their customers, instead I think they are poorly trained and most likely trained to perform in the best interest of PNC.

PNC Mortgage Company Information