PNC Mortgage

Compare Mortgage Companies

Research top Mortgage Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Paid off loan in October and I'm blocked from signing in. Sold rental in October, I need all the taxes, insurance and interest paid info. I don't recall getting in the mail. The website I used for 10 years to pay and get this info no longer recognizes me as a user. Hoping to get online, now will take my chances calling and then waiting for a mailed tax form.

My mortgage is currently with PNC. I wanted to take advantage of the lower mortgage rates, and with constant bombardment of PNC's 'Refinance with us' mailings, I decided to do all the work required. It started well, and then the bottom dropped out. The finance officer, located in Michigan, promised the sun and the moon, then moved to Mars. For over a month I called and sent emails. No response. Finally, another finance officer contacted me and continued to process my application. I sent ALL paperwork requested - repeatedly! I don't understand. How is it that the underwriters have absolutely no clue as to what their job is? I sent proof several times that I OWN my solar panels. I sent an electric bill to prove that I am hooked up to the grid. I once again, for about the 5th time, received an email asking for proof that I paid for the solar panels. I told them to keep their mortgage.

My sister suggested that they never wanted me to refinance for a lower rate when they already are getting more money out of me. I tend to agree. PNC, as far as I am concerned, is a very corrupt bank, lying to people about how they will get you the refinance. I wasted 5 months playing their games. I can only hope and pray that the bank goes under. Save the rest of the world the aggravation and nonsense they heaped upon me, and apparently a tremendous number of other people.

I've read some of the complaints and all I can say is I am amazed that many of the complaints are exactly like mine. I wish. So now for my complaint... We originally financed our home with another company, then PNC bought our loan. I had no problem after paying our loan for over 10 years total. We decided to refinance to ten years and since we would not need another property survey since PNC already had a copy it made sense to refi with PNC.

That was a big mistake. We experienced the same clumsy issues as did Josh of South Carolina dated Jan 5, 2017. Our loan officer's name is Diane **. The first person that we worked with took our application, etc. and then it went to her. She would not confirm that I sent the correct papers, etc. Ended up sending the same thing several times. She messed it up so badly, our closing date finally arrived way past our expectations because the interest lock-in date was 4 days away! She made mistake after mistake!

That is not the worst of it. They rolled over the escrow, etc. as expected to the new loan. She told me that an FHA loan, they had to charge me for two months interest on the old loan but said I would get it back. Also, instead of the payoff on the original loan being paid off on the date they said it would, they held it up for 6 days. I guess so they could get more interest on it as well as already charging me interest on the new loan.

Instead of them sending me the interest overpayment, they put it in our escrow account! So now they have much more in our escrow account than necessary and making money on our money sitting in la la land! I do not feel their people are trained to help their customers, instead I think they are poorly trained and most likely trained to perform in the best interest of PNC.

All options were within the nose of each other for a refinance. I previously had a mortgage with PNC. So I figured all things being equal I would re-use them - it should be easier. This was a mistake. The amount of documentation I need to provide was as if they did not have an existing financial relationship with me. Fine. However, several of the document required were redundant and a waste of time.

First let me say that I've never felt so badly about a company that I felt inclined to create an online account just tell others about the experience. There is a first for everything I guess. I'll just dive into it now.

My wife and I moved to South Carolina from Virginia a little over three years ago. While living in VA we had a mortgage through PNC and were very satisfied with them and the service we'd received. So when it came time to buy a home in South Carolina recently we of course decided to go with them again. We contacted them and started the process with the Mortgage Loan Originator. She was friendly and knowledgeable and things seemed good at first. After the initial contact and pre-approval is where things started to go downhill fast. We were transitioned over to a Mortgage Loan Processor to help with gathering required documents to get final approval from the underwriters.

This Lady who is the Mortgage Loan Processor can barely even complete a coherent sentence. Her emails are gibberish and her attitude is full of contempt. She refuses to respond to emails in a timely manner. She never answers the phone and only returns phone calls at her convenience. Here is an example of the type of emails that I received from this woman. (Hi, Mr. ... Form a copy date blue mouse) Yeah I'm exaggerating a little but some of her emails left me just as confused as the statement above. So pretty quickly my wife and I had enough of this and we complained to her Supervisor, on voice mail of course because nobody in this organization will answer the phone. We received a call back shortly from the supervisor and she explained that it was all my fault for not being patient and that her employee was very busy working with lots of others. NOT MY PROBLEM!!!! Long story short I decided to give her another shot.

Communication issues continued as if I'd never complained. Documents were requested by her and sent by me and then the next week she would ask for the same document again and say that I never gave it to her before, even though I had proof that I did. Finally we got through all the issues with this woman and got to the final approval. They sent over the numbers and my wife and I reviewed them. A few of the numbers were not clear to us so we called for an explanation. On the phone with her I said, "could you please go over the numbers with us so we can make sure we understand?" She said, "No you need to tell me what you don't understand first." I said "well nobody from PNC has gone over any of it with us so could you please go through all of it with us now?" She said "No, it's all there and explained for you in the document."

These quotes are not word for word because my memory isn't that good but we went back and forth like that for a few minutes before she finally said she couldn't help and would have to have someone else go through it with us. What?!?! Seriously! How is this person working in this position? She clearly doesn't know her job and doesn't have the customer service skills to be on the phone with customers representing a company. PNC, is this the type of image you want to portray?

So skip a few more frustrating moments and we finally make it to closing day. Now keep in mind that we've been given a closing date and time. We've given our landlord notice that we're moving out. We have all of our belongings packed in a truck and it's just a few days before Christmas. It's now one hour until we're supposed to meet at the closing office and sign the papers and I get a phone call from the closing office.

They say, "hey PNC is changing your numbers at the last minute so we're going to have to cancel your closing." What!!!!! My crap is packed in a truck. This cannot be happening. I called PNC about 50 times until someone finally called me back. Like I said they will not answer the phone. After going off for a minute they tell me, "well even though you had final approval our management found an issue and you have to pay an extra $600 at closing so we had to adjust the numbers." I ranted for a little bit and reminded them that I had already paid more than the required percentage down and also had paid an extra $500 out of pocket for a mistake they had made previously and that I was about to walk away (but I really couldn't). They came back 30 minutes later and said they got it down to $200 instead of $600.

They had me in a position where I had no choice. Remember, I have no place to live at this point. My stuff is packed in a rental truck that has to be returned pretty soon. Whatever they said I had to pay to keep closing on track then I was going to have to pay it. The cost of not paying it would have been higher. And I think they knew or know this and want to bleed people dry. I will be moving away from them soon and I will never do business with them again. Personally if I could afford it right now I would take legal action against them for the stress that they put me and my family through. Do whatever it takes to stay away from this place.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC?

I have a mortgage with PNC and back then five years ago I was told I had to pay $800 to lock in an interest rate which I was told that it's only $100. Secondly I applied for a home-equity line to purchase a new property so I can write my current space out. They demanded numerous amounts of documentation something that was a relevant and on top of that they don't do home equity line for co-op which means they made me waste over two weeks of time!!!! Furthermore the gentleman that called back just said "it's just something we don't do" after two weeks of wasting my time. He clearly is not properly trained and again wasted my time. I don't know what type of scam the mortgage company is trying to play but they are doing very bad things. I want some type of outcome out of this.

I have been with PNC for years. Have all my accounts, mortgage and home equity there. I recently went to refinance with them. Of course I had to give them my life history, taxes for 3 years etc. Then they told me to roll my 457 over to them from MetLife and take monthly payments and that would bring my income up since I collect a pension. Well, stupid me I did that and started taking payments. Now they denied me the loan because I owe too much in credit cards, which is why I was taking the loan to pay them off. (Really PNC, you would be making more money!) My credit score is excellent but that does not matter. Then she says she will try for another type loan. Never heard back from her now for 3 weeks and they are ignoring my questions. I am looking elsewhere and taking every cent out of that PNC. Thanks for nothing PNC.

The worst experience ever. I applied for Home Equity Line in August of 2016. It took 2 months for a Appraisal report to come back and it took 3 weeks to be review. Every time I called they would tell me the report is being review. Finally got tired of the runaround and ask to speak to Supervisor. SUPERVISORS never contacted me. I then called the Escalation Department. It was no help. Please I don't want no one to go through a similar nightmare. JUST STAY AWAY FROM PNC BANK.

I never write reviews and shame on me for that. After this experience I am however in hopes of saving others the grief I suffered. In attempt to refinance my house I s/w agent ** at PNC. They required a LOT of documents, reports, and paperwork, much more than I've had to supply in past home transactions but oh well. I was told my rate would be locked in for 60 days and I had up until then to get all of the process complete.

After having numerous tax documents copied, and putting my accountant through the ringer and collecting everything, I submitted it all to PNC after 3 weeks of our initial call. After a week I received no feedback. I emailed and called several times with no return email or call. I finally got through and was told my application had been CANCELLED. I demanded a manager and he told me there was nothing he could do. To make it worse I lost my rate which was supposed to be fixed for 60 days, well the rates have gone up drastically since.

I was told they could start another application but I could not receive the previous rate by "Steve" the manager. I asked, "so your company made this mistake, I was lied to, this is going to cost me 1000's and there's nothing but 'I apologize for the misunderstanding'" you can do? It amazes me how some people do their jobs and have NO accountability for their mistakes or actions. I believe in karma, but do yourself a huge favor and go with another mortgage/refinance company.

PNC is a very poor mortgage company. When I ask for the process to cancel my PMI I was given a 2 page letter of all the steps I must follow, which one of them was send $500 to a appraisal company owned by PNC and after I call to ask questions and ask what other options I have. I was told in not so many words though that was the only option open to me and no I could not talk to a supervisor or any one else. All I can say is PNC does not have a customer service group can or want to deal with customers to help them. It is easier to refinance my home loan with another company and will cost me less money and I will not have to buy PMI.

Beware. I made the mistake of choosing them as a FHA loan, not only have they taken 40 days to get a loan commitment, they are using NationalLink for appraisals and they purposely appraise at a very low figure. I was unable to get my home, they were asking for 20k down FHA program. Loan officers are rookies and hardly ever answer the phone. I wish someone would have told me how awful it is to conduct mortgage business with them. You have been warned.

My mortgage was sold to PNC. No problems, I paid and they took the money. Then I suffered damage from a tornado December 26, 2015. The insurance company was quick to pay, but the money went to PNC for them to hold as repairs were made, fair enough, or so I thought. I have had to pay thousands of dollars out of pocket, went months and BEG PNC to reimburse me for repairs, even after I sent cancelled check copies. They have been HORRIBLE to work with. I still might have to sue to get money owed me, but normally, after a few months of begging they release the money to pay me for work I paid for months ago. RUN AWAY from PNC Mortgage.

I originally got my mortgage from Loan Depot, an absolutely terrible company. Home Depot sold my loan to PNC Mortgage. As my 1st payment is due PNC Mortgage did not have my account setup and did not allow me to make my first payment. My interest on the mortgage keeps growing even if they can't charge me a late fee. I have money for my mortgage payment sitting in my checking account while PNC will not allow me to pay my payment. I received notice that my loan was sold to PNC 17 days ago and they didn't have time to assign me a loan number and send out payment instructions. Do not use Loan Depot or PNC, they have terrible customer service.

I first applied for PNC to get a pre-approval for a loan to buy a house in June or July of 2016. I was to go to closing on 8/31. These people gave me and the owners the runaround for what was missing in paperwork for about a whole two months, which made the people that I was buying the home from back out. The loan officer left in middle of all this. However when the supervisor stepped in it went from bad to worst cost me my dream home. After I get another home I will never deal with PNC for anything after this. Just awful. :(

We spent 3 1/2 months dealing with PNC Bank over what should have been a simple refinance. I have never experienced such terrible customer service or lack of knowledge from a bank regarding mortgages. Multiple times documents had to be resent after the loan officer misplaced them, weeks at a time went by without any contact with us, and every time I contacted them they had screwed up some important information and were clueless on any details. After 3 1/2 months of them wasting our time they never even called to say they were not able to refinance our home. I received a letter in the mail with a generic reason. We then decided to refinance with our local credit union. They gave us a better rate, said we were great candidates for the refinance and had it all wrapped up in 3 short weeks!!! PLEASE think twice before using this bank for anything!!!

I have an line of credit from PNC. I notice discrepancy on the interest charged. I paid my loan 15 days in advance yet the interest is higher than the month before. I have called for explanation from PNC 3 weeks ago and still have no answer to date. I called many times and spent many hours on the phone (not to mention my calls are being passed around to different departments), yet no one has the answer. The person I spoke to last told me he will look into it and should have an answer in the next couple of days. A week later he still did not have the answer. Years ago (maybe in the early 2000) I have the same issue and PNC was able to credit me a big amount of money from the monthly interest charges they charged me on this account. I have to warn people that deal with this bank to be vigilant into your interest charges every month.

My home equity loan line of credit for 250k we only used 75k in checks written. I am questioning why they are showing that I owe 227k. I can't get a response from anyone at PNC. They said they can only go back 10 years. My husband was very sick and passed away and I have been looking at bills and think there was an error but cannot get help from PNC.

PNC MORTGAGE DIVISION...I had been a real estate agent for 15 years and I have never had an experience like I did with PNC. My clients were easy ready to go, 30,000 down and they had their own closing costs. First off return calls were slow and an attitude when you called. Then my buyer's closing date was moved and a new date never given. We begged and pleaded for a new date and nothing happened. Again conventional loan with 10% down and the client had 2 accounts with PNC...no brainer!

Two days from our settlement date, they informed the seller that she had to move out or my buyers could not purchase! Then they drove by the house and wanted their own repairs done, right before settlement! Then they insisted on seeing my client's Home Inspection, which was for the buyer's records and she owned it. This home was as is and 1 week away from foreclosure. After many unsuccessful attempts we were unable to resolve anything, so my client went to another bank and closed in 3 days!!! Worst experience in my whole real estate career!

I am a first time home buyer, and I went through PNC to get my mortgage because of a low down payment promotion they were running. I found the home I wanted in June, signed the contract, and began the closing process. I was told it would probably take about 45 business days, so I was prepared to wait until the end of August to be able to move into my home. All the time I have been so excited to embark on the adventure that is homeownership. Little did I know that as my projected closing date came and went, I would wish that I never even started this process.

On a positive note, I can say that my loan officer has been helpful, even though I know he is busy. The underwriters, on the other hand, have been something out of my worst nightmare. They want things I don't have. They ask for things that I have already given them several times over. Right now, it feels like I won't even be closing this year according to the way things are going. The thought of moving into my perfect little home is the only thing keeping me going, and even that sometimes doesn't seem worth the stress I have been put through. If you are a first time home buyer, do not try to use PNC. I wish I had gone through a smaller mortgage company that actually cares about me as a person, not just the money they are getting out of me.

I used PNC because a private banking executive I had worked with for years had begun to work for them. I was under the impression that I would be working with her, a very nice and efficient person, but found out that that would only be in the case of refinance, not a new mortgage. I was connected to a mortgage account executive in another city in state, Michael, and he assured me he would help throughout. As the process unfolded, there were demands for more and more information, presumably required for new regs that came into being after 2008.

At first the man was collegial, then he became somewhat abrupt. The more the process drag on, the more rude he became. He asked me for information I had already sent weeks ago, and when I told him so, he told me I was wrong in fairly unprofessional manner. I then forwarded the dated emails to him, showing I had sent them to him weeks before. No apology. I will NEVER do business with PNC mortgage again. I have purchased 8 home over my career and this was worse than the other 7 combined in the realm of stress, efficiency, courtesy, etc.

Most horrible experience with obtaining mortgage loan. Loan Officer, Jennifer **, confidently told me we could close on a home purchase on 8/13 if all went well. Appraisal value was 28k under purchase price. Jennifer & PNC sat on appraisal issue for 3 weeks. She went off on vacation for a week and did not give realtors, attorneys, or me a contact person or number to reach while she would be away. She completely ignored our calls all week during her vacation. She then told us closing would occur on 8/24.

On 8/23 when attorneys asked questions on closing, Jennifer claimed no one told her about the closing. Are you kidding me??? She is the one who gave the date and then claims she didn't know. She is so clueless and STRONGLY LACKS COMMUNICATION SKILLS!!! Every time I asked her what's going on with file, she would give me a list of things the underwriter needed. Why do I have to nudge her for her to ask what is needed? This happened on 4 separate occasions. We received a clear to close yesterday, 8/25. Mind you, the seller moved to Wisconsin waiting for this deal to fund to use monies for their purchase there. All the while, their belongings are sitting in a moving truck. Jennifer gave us the news that closing will take place on 9/2. Pathetic!!!

PNC was not our original mortgage company. They bought our mortgage company, but I wish they had not. Things went smoothly for several years after PNC bought our mortgage. In fact, interest rates dropped very low during those years, so we contacted a local PNC agent to refinance. He looked at our information, said it would be easy and quick. In fact, a simple phone call locked our rate, and the package was in the mail in a couple days. We filled everything out, sent all required forms, and forwarded to PNC in self-addressed envelope. It is important to note here that PNC ALREADY OWNED our loan for several years. Despite that fact, after charging us over $700 in app fees and appraisal fees, they denied our refinance.

More important facts. Our home was valued at double what we were refinancing by the appraiser they chose! When we got our mortgage we put over 20% down. Our credit scores were and are in the high 700s! The agent told us his hands were tied. He could not give us explanation for denial. The letter we got from PNC, a stand letter with different blocks to check for reasons had the block marked "type of house" as reason. What does that mean? They already own the mortgage! I made tons of calls to PNC to try and get an explanation. Refinancing us was a lower risk to them than when they purchased our mortgage. However, we would considered in all respects, a very low risk. We owed less, we had invested money into improvements in the house, and our loan-to-value ratio was outstanding, we had many years at jobs, and our credit rating was tops. We already have several years of payments to them, not one of which was ever late.

They have great low level phone people, because you can never get to anyone who has any authority to do anything. In fact, twice, the main office connected me back to our local office to the guy who said his hands were tied. It became so infuriating, we dropped the matter. I wish we had not. I wish we had filed a complaint, but that was a few years ago. Despite my dislike for the company, I had learned to let it go. That was until this month when we got a letter that our mortgage payment was late. In nearly 30 years of making a mortgage payment to several different mortgage companies, we have NEVER received such a letter. I knew it was PNCs issue, not ours, because I had come to realize like many others, that it takes PNC up to two weeks to credit your payment after they receive it. I always mail it early.

I paid several bills that day, so I checked to make sure all the other businesses had received our checks, and sure enough, they were received and credited. We waited 7 more days to see if check showed up at PNC. There was no risk, we had already been charged the late fee. After 7 days, still nothing. In checking information on-line, we realized we could make our mortgage payment at a local PNC branch bank, so that's what we did. That was yesterday.

Today, PNC cashed our original check. Just another infuriating example of what a terrible mortgage company they are to work with. The one bright spot in this whole thing is a gal named Kim ** who I contacted by phone. I needed to see what they did with not one, but two mortgage payments. Kim was understanding, professional, and the most helpful person I ever spoke to at PNC. She made sure our payment was credited to next month, and said we would receive a check for the amount of late fee. (We have not received it, but for some reason, I trust her). So yes, we did find a person at PNC that made us feel like we mattered. The rating still stands for PNC as awful because, as previously stated above, their mortgage company is terrible.

Rarely do I feel strongly enough about an experience to write a review, but this company wasted many hours of our time and lots of our money. This felt like a scam that they were allowed to get away with. Our loan was sold to PNC early on and it caused us a nightmare for years. We were paying ahead on our loan since that was not supposed to incur any penalty, but what we weren't told was the hassle PNC would cause about the massive PMI they were charging us. They refused to remove it for many years that we should have been eligible for it to be gone. They set up a system where the only way to remove the PMI early (from having paid ahead) was to have the property re-appraised.

The catch? The only way to do that was to pay THEM for the new appraisal (an amount much larger than we paid to have ours done originally) and THEY assign a company to do it. Not allowed to have an independent appraisal done! Not even allowed to chose an agreed-upon company! If this was a traditional loan we would have refinanced ASAP, but since it was a mobile home and some years had passed, it became too difficult to move on to another company and they basically had us trapped, stealing our money in unwarranted PMI payments for years beyond when they should have.

The process of getting a mortgage with PNC was a nightmare from start to finish. They lied to us about Private Mortgage Insurance, then after we paid down to 31% LTV they still refused to remove it. So we decided to pay off our mortgage and on the payoff statement they were charging us for 2, not just the current month, but 2 months of mortgage insurance. So basically charging us for mortgage insurance for a month our mortgage wouldn't even exist. Complete liars and thieves. Stay away.

Beware of PNC with insurance claims. Our mortgage was purchased by PNC around 8 years ago. Everything seemed fine until we were hit by a severe hail storm in April that caused an insurance claim of $40K. Of course all the insurance checks included PNC and since then PNC has been holding our money hostage. We even had to pay out of pocket to the tune of $7,600 to get our HVAC system replaced because PNC would not send us any of the insurance money. And then it took 2 weeks to get a check from them after we jumped through all their hoops which included them calling the HVAC company to verify we had paid them despite the fact we had provided PNC with a receipt. They behave as if the money is theirs and that they give it to us out of the goodness of their hearts when in fact it's money earned by us and paid to our insurance company.

So far we have been living in a house with boarded up windows and damaged siding for over 3 months. We lived without AC for a week before making the decision to pay out of pocket to fix it. We are having to cancel with the current contractor we have been using due to poor performance but PNC will not release any further money until we provide documentation from the cancelled contractor showing we don't owe them any money and if we can't get that documentation, they are willing to wait for us to get it settled in court which could be 2 years. And don't bother asking to speak to a supervisor because it takes them 2 days to call you back. We are selling this house as soon as it's repaired but if PNC buys any of our future mortgages, we will refinance just to get away from them.

We had all of our condo loans and condo accounts with RBC. When PNC purchased the bank in the middle of one of our condo loans, when it was ready to close, it took an additional 2 months to close, leaving me in tears - asking for documents that had been provided over and over. Over the next year, I went through a nightmare that was unbelievable.

Despite the fact that I moved our client accounts there, bringing in so much money, I was harassed every single time I went to the bank, i.e. they could never find my mortgages for payments because PNC changed loan numbers from RBC loan numbers, and their system was not able to look up the old RBC numbers, asking me repeatedly for updated information stating my information was incorrect (phone numbers, address, etc.) when my information had not changed in 5 years (why did they keep telling me I was wrong - LOL - insane), refusing to take change on deposits, cancelling my cards on all of my accounts because of "errors" out of the blue, etc. I tried to talk to bank managers, and there was none on staff (guess she quit since it was so bad), and it took months to hire new manager, and the district manager told me to drive to the next town over to make my numerous vacation rental deposits.

I literally wept on several occasions - and I am not a crier. I finally moved all of our accounts to Compass (including my business partner's huge retirement account), where I am greeted with kindness and willingness to help, and even called by my first name. I still go through nightmares with the insurance on the condos EVERY SINGLE YEAR - EVERY YEAR they tell me we do not have enough coverage even though our master policy has an ALL-IN endorsement - every year despite my repeated calls they attach an additional policy to our account - and it takes me from OCTOBER to MAY EVERY YEAR in dozens of letters and 15 hours in phone calls holding to GET THESE PEOPLE TO see there is an all-in endorsement.

They also will talk to me for 15 minutes arguing about insurance for accounts THAT HAVE BEEN PAID OFF FOR OVER A YEAR. They are not even able to pull up the appropriate loan number. Good grief - I finally told my business partner a few months ago that if I went through this one more year, we would have to pay the loans off or refinance - I feel like I need to file a litigation just to get their customer service to look in a file.

My mortgage was bought out by PNC 2 years ago and my life has been a nightmare ever since. They will not accept my association master plan insurance, they threatened me with an additional policy at the cost of $521 a year. When my association satisfied their need they countered with lack of interior insurance stating they want another HO-6 policy to cover my personal effects and any "betterments/improvements" I might have done. There has been none and how can they force me to buy additional insurance on something that is not there? After more than 1 dozen threatening letter and more than 1 doz personal calls to their insurance dept they are brain-dead and don't understand. Problem solved!!! I refinanced at a lower rate with a very good lender. PNC: you can kiss my **.

It is obvious after reading the reviews on PNC that they are a terrible bank. I wonder why nothing has been done about them? This concerns my mortgage. My payments are not credited on time and over a month late before they credit my account, even though they have cashed my checks a month and sometimes 2 months in advance. On occasion they charge a late fee, even when my account has been paid months in advance. Some payments are never credited even though they cash the checks.

After PNC bought my mortgage, making me their customer without my consent (and having the nerve to thank me to "choosing" them), they communicated wrong information to everyone they possibly could: me; my homeowner's insurance company; my county's tax office; and most infuriatingly, themselves. As far as I can tell, no department at PNC communicates with any other department, and every department will blame your problem on another department.

The biggest problem though is that even customer support isn't just one department. PNC uses no fewer than five separate systems that can't seem to share any information with each other about an ongoing customer service issue: "Secure Messages" on their website. Expect a response within "48 business hours" whatever that means. But don't really expect that, because instead of sending you a reply within that Secure Message system, they will snail-mail you a response, in a non-postmarked, pre-sorted envelope, which you will receive about two weeks later. You may also receive a contradictory letter a day or two later, with no mention of the first letter. Not a correction, just contradictory information.

Their Phone Number. No two people you speak to will give you the same answer to the same question. No one can tell you why the information about your account that shows on their screen is completely different from what shows on your own screen, looking at their website. No one can tell you what the contradictory letters in the mail mean.

Facebook. Yep, social media is the most reliable way to get in contact with PNC. They're the most responsive, at least. Still, they can't directly help you, which is probably for the best, 'cause you really shouldn't be handling banking issues over social media. Anyway, after they've publicly feigned concern, they will either tell you to use their "live chat" feature (see below), or they will assign you to an "escalations" agent (also see below) who they say will call you "today". "Live Chat". This can only be accessed by clicking a link that a PNC social media representative has sent to you in a private message on social media. It's hosted on a non-PNC domain (sales. liveperson.net) and the chat representative asks you to enter your account information into a non-secure chat window. No.

The "Escalations Department". They will NOT call you back the same day as promised. They won't even call you from a listed PNC number, so you have to take it on faith that they really are PNC and not just someone who has your name and phone number and saw on Facebook that you're expecting a call. But, they will give you a direct phone number to contact them at, and they might even be able to resolve your problem if you can handle waiting a few weeks for the back and forth. However, they will not be able to explain why none of your information matches theirs, they will not have access to any of your former communications with PNC regarding your issue, and they frequently need to consult with their "business partners" for a few days before getting back to you.

After having a mortgage with PNC for 10+ years without an issue. We are getting harassing phone calls and letters about our mortgage being in jeopardy of foreclosure. Upon calling, I was met with a woman who had no idea what was going on but a supervisor could call me back next week! Really? I demanded but it did no good. She said upon looking into it that my escrow had gone up in January! Where's that letter? So annoyed but happily refinanced with another company.

PNC Mortgage Company Profile