2. Mortgages

PNC Mortgage

PNC Mortgage
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.00/5

PNC Mortgage Reviews

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

PNC is inept, incompetent uncaring unhelpful garbage of a company. Avoid at all costs. These companies and banks do not provide competent responsible service. They hope you give up and they keep your money and rip you off. They put you on hold again and again, play dumb and won't provide a supervisor. They just put you on hold and forget about you like a sick game. PNC is horrible!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

On December 6 2019 I submitted my mortgage payment to PNC Bank using TD Bill Pay. Pnc is claiming that they never received the payment and gave different stories about my mortgage payment. At one point told me they received a payment but it had an invalid account number meaning that my mortgage account number was wrong but the number they claim to have is my checking account number so they had enough information to refund the money back to td banks which they never did.

Also I have used td bill pay for years to pay my mortgage and it was never a problem. Information stored so you just click and pay, but my problem is that neither Td bank or Pnc bank want to be responsible for my money. No one want to help me on tracking my money which I understand it can’t be that hard. All I know is it was taken out of my account and never refunded to my account, leaving me to make extra payments for December, with no hope to get my money back.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

If you are considering PNC Bank for a home mortgage please reconsider. We started the application process but withdrew after several errors and omissions. We thought the process would be easier because our current mortgage was with PNC Bank. Here's some of what happened, they omitted one of our incomes from the application, transposed our phone numbers, so each time we tried to use DocuSign we had to exchange phones, offered no advice when asked about questions on the application, overestimated that value of our home, and did not lower the estimate when asked to do so. Required an appraisal ($850) when other lenders said it was not necessary. We cancelled our loan application with PNC and we are about to complete the process with another lender, no appraisal required and a lot less stress. If you are considering PNC Bank for a home loan be prepared for endless problems and unnecessary fees.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Been with PNC mortgage for a long time. Never been late on a payment and they contacted me to lower my interest rate at a ridiculous price of 6K. Six thousand to do a little paperwork is insulting to someone who has been a loyal customer and made them a lot of money. They claim to be interested in helping me, but my perception is they are only interested in helping themselves to as much of my money as they possibly can. Well I do have choices, so I think it's time to find a lender with a heartbeat.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

My loan was purchased by PNC. I attempted to pay off my arrearage via a lump sum amount and was told to get lost. They stated that I couldn't afford the house. I am receiving SSDI and SSI payments and they refused to comply with any program to try and assist me. Their only focus was on foreclosure. PNC refused to consider any other option, although several were available. I lost my house after years of payments were made.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I got a HELOC so we could cover some home repairs while putting the house on the market to sell since I already had a PNC Mortgage on the home. They really pushed me to open a PNC account so they could auto draft payments for a small discount, but I knew this would only be open a few months and it wasn't worth the headaches so I declined. I was busy going back and forth between where I was living and working during the week, and the home we were packing and prepping to go on the market on the weekends, I had mail coming to both addresses, and it was chaos. The mail piled up.

I could have sworn I set up payments with my bank, but I was wrong. Once I could breathe and go through all the mail, I found that the first missed payment was less than $3 and they hit me with a $40 late fee. After one more late payment, they closed the HELOC and reported me to the credit bureaus, dropping my FICO by over 100 points. They had my cell phone, but never called, and they had my email, but the only communication from them other than snail mail was an emailed survey request.

Luckily my home sale closes soon and that will pay off both the PNC Mortgage (which was never late or missed by the way) and the HELOC, but communication is not their strong point. I have formally requested that they remove the late report from my credit report, but they are taking the full 30 days to "investigate" and despite my calls asking for an update or any info, they have returned none of my calls.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

In 2017 I purchased a condo and chose PNC as my lender. This was my second home purchase. I had converted my first home to rental property. I didn't like the idea of paying PMI every month on my new mortgage, but I couldn't afford to pay 20% of the purchase price to avoid it. I did have enough money saved to 10% down. Since then, I sold my rental property. I decided the prudent thing to do would be to take some of the proceeds from that sale and apply it to the principal balance on my PNC mortgage to eliminate PMI. I called PNC and asked how much I would need to pay toward principal to eliminate PMI. The PNC representative I spoke with explained that I had two options.

One, I could pay roughly $350 to get my home appraised and if the value of my home had increased enough, PMI would be removed. I knew that was an option, and I'm sure my condo would appraise high enough for PMI removal, but I didn't want to pay $350. She said my second option was to write a check for $10262.72 and mail it to PNC Mortgage noting that it was to be applied to principal only and that it was for PMI removal. That amount made sense to me because it was the exact amount I owed to reach 20% of the purchase price of the condo. I wrote the check and mailed it on November 5th. It was over three weeks before the payment was finally applied. Why it took that long, I have no idea.

After the payment was applied, I logged onto the PNC website to make sure the amount of my next payment had been reduced. It had not. I called PNC to ask why and was told that unfortunately, I was misinformed by the first PNC representative. I was told that I still need to pay for an appraisal to remove PMI. I informed that PNC representative that I was very disappointed and that I plan to refinance with another mortgage company.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I intended on opening a HELOC on my primary residence, and after researching I decided to apply with PNC. I have excellent credit, good income, and no debt. I completed my application in September, and was approved 9 weeks later. My loan officer was lackadaisical, and hardly responsive. Due to her unprofessional behavior I decided not to sign, and bring my business elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I've been with PNC for over 20 years and have always refinanced with them. However, this time has been a bit of a nightmare. I have faxed over the all the documentation and each time I'm told that that everything is approved awaiting the loan lock. When I sent emails for updates I get no response. Several days later I'm told by Julia that she will get back to me once she talks to Franco ** loan officer. I've waited over two weeks and no response. I started this loan process the middle of September and it's now November. This has been a horrible experience to the point of me cancelling the loan and going with another lender. I can't believe after reading other reviews that there has not been any resolution to the many complaints. I'm so upset and would like to submit a formal request to management.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

My mortgage sold my loan to PNC Mortgage, and is been a nightmare from the last 3 months. They never sent me a notification not either a way to pay the loan. I have to call many times. I try to make automatic payments and is a pain to enroll in their system. Last month they locked me out of the system and to reset the password they need to mail the temporary password I have not received until today, and today when I called to made my payment and ask for new password they charged me a fee even though is not my fault. I asked the lady to waive the fee because is a first time, but she refused. I am very disappointed and upset at this mortgage company, because I did not choose to do business with them, and they do not care because they know if I do not pay on time is my problem. Stay away from them.

Not sure about PNC Mortgage?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right mortgage company for you.

PNC Mortgage Company Information