Concord, NC

4.0/5 (1582 ratings)

About Guaranteed Rate Mortgage

Guaranteed Rate is an online and in-store mortgage lender that helps consumers find the right loan program for homebuying and refinancing. With its online mortgage option, Guaranteed Rate lets you to handle the entire mortgage process completely from your computer or smartphone.

Pros

• Completely online experience
  • Work with mortgage professionals
  • Multiple types of mortgages

Cons

• No in-store services in some states

Bottom Line

Guaranteed Rate is a mortgage company that focuses on simplifying the loan process and offers a 100% digital mortgage experience. Visit its website to apply and qualify for a mortgage that fits your needs.

Top Guaranteed Rate Mortgage Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guaranteed Rate, Inc.?

Verified

Paige **, kept my nerves calm as my wife and I were trying to refinance. She was with us at the beginning and stayed in touch to the end. We are very pleased with the new rate. .....

Verified

I was clear to close in 1 week. Jay ** and his local team walked through everything. Jay waived the lender fee and I pretty much paid nothing to refi. This was the cleanest and mo...

What is Guaranteed Rate Mortgage?

Guaranteed Rate offers multiple types of mortgages, including:

• 30-year fixed-rate mortgages
  • 15-year fixed-rate mortgages
  • Adjustable-rate mortgages
  • Jumbo loans
  • FHA loans
  • VA home loans
  • Interest-only mortgages

If you’re interested in finding out more about a Guaranteed Rate mortgage or applying for its programs, visit a local branch or go to the company's website to fill out the loan application. You need the following information to apply:

• Name
  • Email address
  • Home purchase price
  • Down payment amount
  • Credit score
  • Phone number

Once you fill out the information above, you can get preapproval for a loan in as few as 15 minutes. Once preapproved, you work with certified loan officers and specialists who analyze your personal finances to help you choose the right loan.

Guaranteed Rate mortgage rates and fees

Guaranteed Rate’s mortgage interest rates and fees vary based on the type of loan and your creditworthiness. Prevailing economic factors also influence interest rates.

Guaranteed Rate has an online mortgage payment calculator that gives you a rough estimate of your monthly mortgage payments. Work with your loan officer and lending specialists to find out what interest rate you qualify for.

Guaranteed Rate mortgage FAQ

Does Guaranteed Rate sell mortgages?
Guaranteed Rate doesn’t state whether it sells its mortgages to other financial institutions. Be sure to ask your loan specialist or loan officer about the possibility of the company selling your mortgage.
Is Guaranteed Rate a mortgage broker?
No. Guaranteed Rate handles all mortgage loans in-house and does not act as an intermediary for other mortgage lenders.
Is Guaranteed Rate a good lender?
Guaranteed Rate receives good reviews from many customers. The company offers mortgages to consumers nationwide.

Is Guaranteed Rate mortgage good?

Guaranteed Rate helps consumers get mortgage loans online and in stores. A Guaranteed Rate mortgage is a good option for consumers in any state who want to complete the entire mortgage process online. Visit the company’s website to apply.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guaranteed Rate Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guaranteed Rate, Inc.?

Original review: April 29, 2022

Guaranteed Rate Mortgage in Albuquerque NM - 100 Sun Avenue N.E., Suite 650, Albuquerque, NM 87109. If I can put a NEGATIVE rating, I would!!!! HORRIFIC EXPERIENCE!!! Purchasing a home is supposed to be exciting. I tried to be on top of most things, all paperworks needed, I provide in 24hours. 2 days at the most. Wired down payment money morning 4/26. Closing date is 4/27 but due to my location, the signed loan docs got FedExed and should have been received on 4/28 early AM.

And when I thought everything was running smooth, the unthinkable happened. Clerical error at Guaranteed Rate happened!!! They wired the funding to the WRONG ACCOUNT. I've never heard of something like this happening. We kept asking if we were going to get the keys and we didn't. Agent kept saying in a few minutes which turned into hours and was told until 5 pm. Until the day is done then they found out, they funded the wrong account. I guess that's why their name is not Guaranteed Funding! We couldn't cancel our movers anymore so the next day (4/29), we were still waiting. Movers loaded all our things at 8am then head to the home we just purchased BUT waited in front FOR HOURS!!! Until finally, at almost 2 pm, we got the KEYS!!! And no compensation or whatsoever for this unacceptable mistake!

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2022

This company is very dishonest. Kevin ** just needed to get his quota to get us into his books to supply the home mortgage. He sent me a pre-approval letter at 3.875% only to find out that Guaranteed Rate would not lock this in. He did give us the idea that this would be no problem. We are in the process of purchasing a home where lo and behold the interest rate that they are going to give us is at a current rate of 5.5%. He says he can’t honor the pre-approval letter and how sorry he is that this is not possible. We do not recommend this Company. They are dishonest and just trying to get you to buy in to their dishonest ways. He just happens to be part of Lysa Catlin’s team.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

As owner of 9 investment properties, figured I would try something different for the latest project. I should have just went with another lender. After the longest list of qualifying documents ever, the rate comes back at a higher interest rate due to a loan officers error. The appraisal came back with missing data, although not the company's fault, was still a huge pain in the butt. I would strongly advise picking a different lender if you want to have any kind of positive experience with refinancing. I have never submitted more documents of the same kind to multiple teams. I was told by ric that "my team has 100 percent satisfaction", I am literally certain that that cannot possibly be the case with the amount of frustrating circumstances in a routine refinance at the highest possible income and credit qualifications are. Do yourself a favor and find someone else. Trust me!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

Guaranteed Rate blocks Mint from integrating my loan information, which prevents me from tracking my finances like I normally do. This is the only bank or lender I have ever worked with that blocks Mint. PLEASE STOP BLOCKING MINT!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

It is with a very heavy heart that I write this review. The excitement of purchasing a new home should never be overshadowed by the lending process. As a consumer who does not know the ins and outs of financing, I looked to my loan expert to be my guide at the side through this process. With unanswered text messages, emails forwarded to other individuals on the team, that I had no idea were a part of the team, and excuse after excuse of how busy and/or overwhelmed they are, all I could do was question why I wasn’t as important as any other client.

Did we close on time? No, we found out the night before closing that they didn’t have all the documents they needed. Four business days later sitting at the title company that was still the case. Luckily the title company was able to advocate for us and we returned that evening and were finally able to close on our home. Did we end up with the home of our dreams? Yes. Would I want this same experience for anyone else that is purchasing a home working with a lender, no. Be careful, things are not always as they appear. Had I of known ahead of time this would have been my experience I would have gone with a different lender. That is my advice to you.

Guaranteed Rate Mortgage response
    Thank you for your review - we are saddened to hear your experience with Guaranteed Rate was anything less than excellent, for which we apologize.

Should you feel the need to, please contact our Customer Success Department at 773-328-6467.

Customer Success

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

We refinanced our condo with Guaranteed Rate in May 2021. We were give two "payment coupons" to send physical checks for the first two months of payments, before we were put into the online system (and if our mortgage was going to be sold to a third-party servicer). Disappointedly, despite both checks being cashed, our second monthly payment was NOT applied to our loan, and we had a late fee assessed and potentially improper interest accruing as well negative credit reporting to agencies. We reported the error to Guaranteed Rate, and I sent an official RESPA notice (with a copy to our loan officer who closed our refi). Our loan officer made sure the error was fixed IMMEDIATELY, which it was in less than a week. Thanks to Aimee ** in Chicago for correcting the error!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

This is a warning for anyone thinking of using Guaranteed Rate for their next home purchase. Our experience with Guaranteed Rate Affinity and Scott ** (Loan Officer) was horrendous. Dealing with our loan officer was like dealing with a used car salesman and he was quite unscrupulous. He was not a trustworthy lender. We were misguided and provided with misinformation multiple times throughout the loan process.

First there is the interest rate. Our loan officer initially provided a great rate for our pre-approval. Then once we found a home, that rate went up but as expected since interest rates slightly increased. He made it very clear to us that if rates went back down we could always renegotiate the rate around closing. Then as the closing date started to come closer and interest rates dipped considerably, I requested that we renegotiate. Scott's team was VERY slow to respond and he was constantly "working" on it. He then got back to us at the 11th hour only to tell us that he was not changing the rate and at this point we were too close to the closing to do anything about it. He purposely dragged his feet until it was too late. I have an 800+ credit score and I was receiving quotes from other lenders half a point less than what Scott was offering. This will end up costing me thousands throughout the life of my loan.

Then there is the discrepancy with closing costs. Two days to closing we were provided with the Closing Disclosure. Although we weren't happy with our rate there was nothing we could do at this point. I just wanted this nightmare to end but it unfortunately continued. The night before the closing we were provided with the final closing costs to only find that we needed to pay several thousands more than what was initially disclosed on the CD. This included large discrepancies with the Title Fees, County Taxes (forgot to include), prepaid interests and initial escrow. All which were available to Scott and his team when he sent the CD two days prior.

Scott did apologize and mentioned that he did a poor job reviewing the CD and didn't notice the discrepancies. If this was the only hiccup, maybe I could understand but it wasn't. I have to say I am extremely upset with the poor communication from Guaranteed Rate, Scott and his team throughout the process. I will never be using him or Guaranteed Rate again in the future and others should think twice before you do as well.

Original review: July 17, 2021

I refinanced with GR this year. My first payment was due May 1st and I made it in late April. The check was cashed. June 1st my mortgage was transferred. Only then did I notice they didn’t give me credit for that payment. I provided GR with back of check. It was deposited into “wrong account” at GR. For 5 weeks, I’ve waited for them to give me credit and they still haven’t. I am forced to make an extra payment with my new services until GR figures this out. They’ve had my money for 3 months. Haven’t given me credit yet. They are Crooks & Thieves.

Original review: June 18, 2021

Guarantee Rate had all of the information a month before closing. On Thursday, they told us everything was ready for our closing on Monday. Then, on Saturday night- they sent an email saying we needed to push closing a week. Thankfully the seller agreed. Then, the night before closing they let us know they could not do the loan because of information about the HOA they had a month ago! Poor communication throughout the entire process.

Original review: June 1, 2021

We refinanced with Guaranteed Rate at the end of 2020, and our loan officer, Sean was great. That…was the last of the good news. We tried to initiate bi-weekly mortgage payments as we’d done with other loan companies for years, and that was when the pain started. 5 customer service reps ("We didn’t receive your set up fee, we found it, you can’t do biweekly pmts., let me connect you with a supervisor"), and 3 supervisors later ("Your loan is being transferred", "No it’s not", "Why don’t you just add extra funds to your monthly pmt.; it’s easier") and it was still not done. Then we were told 2 months ago that our loan was being transferred to another co. but then it wasn’t, and then last week…it actually was. In fairness, a supervisor named Nina tried to help us, but by then the transfer was in process. We have never experienced such poor customer service in all our years of refinancing. So… all I can say is “buyer beware.”

Guaranteed Rate Mortgage response

Hello,

We are sorry to hear about the experience you had with us. If you haven't already done so, we would appreciate the opportunity to look into the situation you described. At your convenience, please give our Customer Success Team a call at 773-328-6467. Our toll free number is 866-934-7283, option 4.

- The Customer Success Team