2. Mortgages

Concord, NC

Guaranteed Rate Mortgage
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.71/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Guaranteed Rate is one of the largest retail mortgage lenders in the United States. Headquartered in Chicago, the company has approximately 210 offices across the U.S. and Washington, D.C., and is licensed in all 50 states. Since its founding in 2000, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with home purchase loans and refinances and funded nearly $19 billion in loans in 2017 alone. The company has become the Home Purchase Experts® by introducing the world's first Digital Mortgage technology and offering low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. NMLS ID 2611

Guaranteed Rate Mortgage Reviews

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

Paige **, kept my nerves calm as my wife and I were trying to refinance. She was with us at the beginning and stayed in touch to the end. We are very pleased with the new rate and am now able to pay a few bills that caught us by surprise. The closing person, and the notary public sent over to our home were fabulous and very informative.

Guaranteed Rate Mortgage response

Thank you for the kind review! We consistently strive for greatness, and we're happy you saw it firsthand

- The Customer Success Team

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I have read many of the reviews and am sad that many of those people did not have the experience I did. Dominic **. was amazing. This was my first purchase of a home and Dominic helped me every step of the way. When I called he answered or call back as soon as he could. He never left any of my questions unanswered. He worked with me when I had trouble getting some paperwork. I would recommend Dominic to friends and family. Thank you Dominic and Guaranteed Rate!

Guaranteed Rate Mortgage response

We appreciate the time you took to leave us this awesome review! We are thrilled and delighted to know your experience with Guaranteed Rate was a great one. Thank you for this review and thank you once again for choosing Guaranteed Rate!

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

Based on my experience with Guaranteed Rate for refinancing my home, the Loan Officer Mr. Keith ** handled my case very carefully in a very efficient way and quick results. I even got a better rate than I hoped for. Mr. **'s team - the Mortgage Consultant Shawn ** and the Loan Coordinator Jessica ** did work together efficiently as well. They are knowledgeable to what they are doing. They are so easy to work with. Overall, my experienced went smoothly, from the beginning to closing. I would highly recommend Mr. ** to everyone who needs refinancing/purchasing their home.

Guaranteed Rate Mortgage response

Thank you for the awesome review! We are delighted to read about your efficient and quick experience with us. Thank you again for choosing Guaranteed Rate!

Original review: May 27, 2019

Unlike other posted reviews my experience with Guaranteed Rate, Inc was positive. Mike ** was my loan officer. He was always very prompt, courteous and professional; REALLY knows the business! Cathy was the person who handled the final documents/verifications and she was amazing. I actually looked forward to talking with her! With the exception of 2 small issues (mistakes made by staff who is no longer there) my the process from start to finish was so much smoother than I would have ever imagined. I am a widow and this was my first home purchase on my own. I felt respected and in good hands.

Guaranteed Rate Mortgage response

We are delighted to read about your positve experience with us! We hope to work with you in the future, should you decide to look into your mortgage options again. Thank you for the review and thank you for choosing Guaranteed Rate!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
          Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

Updated on 01/29/2020: I recently wrote a review exposing the situation that had happened with our lender who failed to close on our home multiple time. He called in the day of anticipated closing date and said he forgot to send up documents. I wrote about this on Facebook. Anthony Marinaccio, a senior Vice President as Guaranteed Rates called me **. I successfully took screenshots before he deleted the comments and blocked me. For anyone that may want to write reviews, be careful because you might be harassed by gender related names like this. I’ve never been called this before and I can’t stress enough about how horrible my experience has been with Guaranteed Rates.

Original Review: Won’t recommend this company to anyone. Our lender failed to close on our home multiple times and called on the day of the anticipated closing day and told us he “forgot” to send us mandatory documents. I can’t stress enough on how Guaranteed Rates is not able to be sure their employees are on track. Instead they provide with the worst customer service and experience. If you choose Guaranteed Rates, be prepared to get a call telling you you will be homeless for at least two weeks until you close on your home. It was a miserable path to take with Guaranteed Rates.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear about the experience you are having with us. We would appreciate the opportunity to look into the situation you described. At your convenience, please give our Customer Success Team a call at 773-328-6467.

- The Customer Success Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guaranteed Rate, Inc.?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

We were put in contact with Kristine ** at Guaranteed Rate. I would not only not recommend her and therefore Guaranteed Rate, but I would actively petition people not to use her. Kristine makes a great first impression and makes everything seem possible, but her attention to detail, knowledge, service and attitude is lacking at best. On many occasions she made mistakes with our mortgage and not once owned up or apologized. It wasn't beyond her to suggest she told my wife information that she in turn withheld from me.

Kristine has one prime concern, herself. She has no concern for your experience of what you need, only what is good for her working day. We nearly lost our house because she was waiting on information that she didn't understand herself and we had sent to her weeks earlier. If you have the misfortune of working with her, make sure it is for as simple a task as possible. But you’re best off staying well clear.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear about the experience you had with us. We would appreciate the opportunity to look into the situation you described. At your convenience, please give our Customer Success Team a call at 773-328-6467.

- The Customer Success Team

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Bought my first house in 2017 using a Guaranteed Rate loan. It was one of the worst experiences of my life, and it dragged on for a long time. I have never seen such disorganization and lack of customer service at a company. To any prospective home buyer, I would say go with anyone else but these guys. It's just not worth it!

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear about the experience you had with us in 2017. We would still like the opportunity to look into what happened during that time. At your convenience, please give our Customer Success Team a call at 773-328-6467.

- The Customer Success Team

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Why give someone a temporary loan number...bad idea! I too closed a loan with Guaranteed Rate Affinity and they have been nothing but an issue since with crediting my payments. Call the 800 number, after a ton of mail saying I have not made my payment, which I have made. To learn that no one knows what that account number is that I have on my payment coupons, that came in my closing package! And to make matters worse the address on the payment coupons that came with the closing packet have an address that no one knows who it belongs to. Now here I am three, almost 4 four months in and they only show 1 payment. Now the lady in collections tells me to stop payment on the check which will cost me an additional $29 for an issue that I didn’t create. This is ridiculous! Who has time to speak with this company every week and go to the same rigmarole with no beneficial outcome and no answers.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I obtained a mortgage with Guaranteed Rate and made my first payment to them end of September for the October scheduled payment. Within a couple of weeks, Guaranteed Rate transferred the mortgage to a different loan company but did not send them the payment which was never credited to my account. The new company had me in arrears while I battle with Guaranteed Rate to transfer the payment. It is now end of December and I had to make an additional payment to bring my account up to date as Guaranteed Rate is still looking into it. I forwarded them my bank information with the confirmed payment receipt. Still waiting.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I recently purchased a home in November and my entire experience with this company was stressful. They were terrible at communication. I would call and couldn't get anyone on the phone. I would leave a message and would get a response from the secretary or assistant who wouldn't be able to answer any of my questions and would then need to call the mortgage person and/or underwriter to ask them. Instead of one of them getting back to me, the secretary/assistant would respond with their answer. If I had additional questions, the process noted above was repeated. I was always contacted by someone who was in the middle and really couldn't help me. I called the underwriter directly and left a message specifically requesting that SHE call me back and not the secretary and I got zero response.

I took a day off from work to go to the courthouse to get the documentation they had emailed me that I needed pertaining to the sale of my previous home. I wanted to make absolutely sure that I was getting the right documents so I called to ask a clarifying question. Shockingly, I never got a call back. I ended up with the wrong paperwork and had to make yet another trip gather the documents.

A few weeks before my closing, I received an email stating that I would not get enough money from the sale of my home to cover the closing costs. I called in a panic because the math I did actually had me netting several thousand dollars after closing costs. Once again, couldn't get anyone on the phone. I had to review it with the secretary who then reviewed it with the mortgage person. Ultimately, the were wrong and I was correct. I understand that mistakes happen (even though it was basic math and probably something they do every day) however the lack of response was unacceptable.

I have since closed on my new home and couldn't have been happier to hear that my mortgage was transferred to Chase bank. I thought I was finally done with this company. Then I received an email saying they did not receive my first payment despite the fact that I mailed it to them on time. I am currently 23 in line on the phone to speak with someone so I can get my payment processed (there isn't any ability for me to pay it online for some reason). If I could do it all over again I would have gone with a different company. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. In fact I have never written a review before but felt the need to this time in the hopes I can spare someone else the experience I had. Buying a home is stressful enough without the added stress of a terrible company like this.

- The Customer Success Team

Not sure about Guaranteed Rate Mortgage?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right mortgage company for you.

Guaranteed Rate Mortgage Company Information