2. Mortgages

Guaranteed Rate Mortgage

Concord, NC

Guaranteed Rate Mortgage
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.83/5

Guaranteed Rate is an online and in-store mortgage lender that helps consumers find the right loan program for homebuying and refinancing. With its online mortgage option, Guaranteed Rate lets you to handle the entire mortgage process completely from your computer or smartphone.

BOTTOM LINE

Guaranteed Rate is a mortgage company that focuses on simplifying the loan process and offers a 100% digital mortgage experience. Visit its website to apply and qualify for a mortgage that fits your needs.

PROS
  • Completely online experience
  • Work with mortgage professionals
  • Multiple types of mortgages
CONS
  • No in-store services in some states

Top Guaranteed Rate Mortgage Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guaranteed Rate, Inc.?

Paige **, kept my nerves calm as my wife and I were trying to refinance. She was with us at the beginning and stayed in touch to the end. We are very pleased with the new rate. ... The closing person, and the notary public sent over to our home were fabulous and very informative.

I was clear to close in 1 week. Jay ** and his local team walked through everything. Jay waived the lender fee and I pretty much paid nothing to refi. This was the cleanest and most easy experience I've had with what could be a long process. Great team, great people, very competent and effective...

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

What is Guaranteed Rate Mortgage?

Guaranteed Rate offers multiple types of mortgages, including:

• 30-year fixed-rate mortgages
    • 15-year fixed-rate mortgages
    • Adjustable-rate mortgages
    • Jumbo loans
    • FHA loans
    • VA home loans
    • Interest-only mortgages

If you’re interested in finding out more about a Guaranteed Rate mortgage or applying for its programs, visit a local branch or go to the company's website to fill out the loan application. You need the following information to apply:

• Name
    • Email address
    • Home purchase price
    • Down payment amount
    • Credit score
    • Phone number

Once you fill out the information above, you can get preapproval for a loan in as few as 15 minutes. Once preapproved, you work with certified loan officers and specialists who analyze your personal finances to help you choose the right loan.

Guaranteed Rate mortgage rates and fees

Guaranteed Rate’s mortgage interest rates and fees vary based on the type of loan and your creditworthiness. Prevailing economic factors also influence interest rates.

Guaranteed Rate has an online mortgage payment calculator that gives you a rough estimate of your monthly mortgage payments. Work with your loan officer and lending specialists to find out what interest rate you qualify for.

Guaranteed Rate mortgage FAQ

Does Guaranteed Rate sell mortgages?
    Guaranteed Rate doesn’t state whether it sells its mortgages to other financial institutions. Be sure to ask your loan specialist or loan officer about the possibility of the company selling your mortgage.
    Is Guaranteed Rate a mortgage broker?
    No. Guaranteed Rate handles all mortgage loans in-house and does not act as an intermediary for other mortgage lenders.
    Is Guaranteed Rate a good lender?
    Guaranteed Rate receives good reviews from many customers. The company offers mortgages to consumers nationwide.

Is Guaranteed Rate mortgage good?

Guaranteed Rate helps consumers get mortgage loans online and in stores. A Guaranteed Rate mortgage is a good option for consumers in any state who want to complete the entire mortgage process online. Visit the company’s website to apply.

Guaranteed Rate Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guaranteed Rate Mortgage?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guaranteed Rate, Inc.?

Original review: April 6, 2021

Got a mortgage from them - pretty easy- Paid it off just as they were selling me to Chase. Sent Guaranteed the pay off amount. Chase says I owe $281000. Guaranteed says they sent it and it is my problem. Emailed...No answer...Called ...disconnected 4 times. Got someone on the phone and asked them to send back my money... was told they didn't have it but would look into it. Also I have to call them. They will not call me. Run away fast. This company does not care about you.

Original review: March 12, 2021

I first applied for a refi with Owning.com. Everything seemed to be going well when the loan was to close. I was then told that Owning will become Rate.com. I pretty much had to resubmit all paperwork and refile after I was told by Owning that the loan was to close. I submit all paperwork again to Rate.com. I am told numerous times that the loan will close but never does, they just keep asking for more items. I have an excellent credit rating of over 770. The debt to loan is not even 1/4 of what will be borrowed. I have obtained mortgages in the past and have never been led astray by such incomitance. This ordeal has been going on for over three months. We are done, don't waste your time.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 6, 2021

Guaranteed Rate brands itself with ads on how you can get a mortgage completely via an online process. But just trying making payments online - it went from very difficult - very hard to find the correct URL, etc., although at least it was possible -- to impossible. Mail service now is completely unreliable, so be prepared to get suckered for late fees since either online payments are not possible or it's so extremely difficult to navigate to a payment page. There went 20 minutes of my precious weekend, and now off to the post office hoping my check reaches them before they slap me with a late fee. No longer referring anyone to them!!!!

Original review: March 1, 2021

I finally closed on my loan 12/23/20 with Guaranteed Rate.com. First payment was due 2/1/2021. I mailed the payment with a temporary payment coupon they provided on 1/26/21 and it cleared my bank on 2/2/21. The mortgage was sold to Mr. Cooper effective 2/1/21. The new servicer of the loan, Mr. Cooper claims I was late in February because my payment was never sent to the new servicer. I made another payment on 2/19/21 so I would not be reported as late. What can I do? This is the worst mortgage company I have ever dealt with. They pass you around from one ineffective department to the next and the last department said I would have to talk with the original department I started with. Communication is awful and then they constantly request information that was sent previously. The rep who is making a nice commission apologizes profusely and tells you what you want to hear.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I am a 100% disabled veteran. Because of this, I was granted property tax exemption from the state of MD. I forwarded that message and the accompanying letter to Guaranteed Rate asking for an out of cycle escrow analysis. I was told it would take about 4 days. Since then a tax payment has been made to MD/Anne Arundel County tax assessor, which was subsequently returned, due to my tax exempt status. That was two weeks ago. I’ve talked to numerous customer service agents and almost as many supervisors. These folks have stated “it’s almost complete”, “check back in two days”, and “the supervisors’ computers aren’t working today.” On Tuesday I spoke with a gentleman, that stated he could see everything in the system, recalculated our mortgage and our escrow refund. He said he was going to send us an email to wrap it all up and get us a tracking number on the check through UPS. That email never came.

I called back again and talked with a lady that was not as helpful. She stated there was nothing in the system indicating we were tax exempt, that an analysis had not been completed, and that even when it was, the payment wouldn’t change for two more months. My wife and I waited almost 2 days before calling back again, and were told we would receive a call back after it was "looked into" by senior management, and again, nothing. I have asked numerous questions to which I would get a different answer each time. When I have asked to speak to a senior manager since I had gotten so many different stories from different “supervisors” many of the customer service agents would say they weren't at liberty to disclose that but could submit my info to have a member of management call me back. I said yes. Again, no call came. If I owed them thousands of dollars, they wouldn't hesitate to smash my credit.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I only wanted to find out current rates for a re-fi. I got notification that my credit was ran. When I sent an email inquiring about it the response I received was, "So sorry about that! I did run it. However, good news is that it will not impact your credit score at all. (YES, IT DID HAVE AN IMPACT) Thanks! And have a great night!"

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

I am so frustrated that I cannot easily change a mortgage company. I spent 2 months, over 15 calls defending that I paid my mortgage when THEY were at fault. We were threatened with debt collectors and constant late notices despite being assured we had done everything we needed to. We talked to supervisors and managers, and no one could take care of the issue. When I asked them to make up for the horrible customer service they had shown us, I was told that the only compensation we could get was to not be charged late fees, even though we had never missed a payment or paid late. Scarlet mocked me on the phone and couldn't understand why I was frustrated when her company took my money, then told me I hadn't paid, spent 2 months making me prove I paid, and still didn't fix it in the system. As soon as we can refinance to use a different company, we will

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

My problem with Guaranteed Rate began when I decided to apply for the budget plan payment program. First, this company charges a $150.00 non refundable fee. Although I was surprised that there was a fee I paid it and starting on November 2020 I utilized the program. January 22nd they sent me a letter stating that starting on January 15th my loan no longer qualified for this program because they were transferring the loan to Chase effective March 1st. Although the application states the fee is non refundable it does not make it clear that they can take your money and then cancel your eligibility two months later. I find this to be very deceptive and a rip off. They should not be able to steal your money while providing a service for only two months. Beware of utilizing this service as it is deceptive and you can end up spending a lot more than what you thought you would save.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

All started with a lot of promises that I would get approved and funded for a loan last April 2020. Selling a home and buying a new one with FHA mortgage lender recommended by my realtor. June signed a contract on a new house. Conditionally approved and provided all the documents but they kept asking for extensions. This went on from initial closing July until Late September where they told me no. Now it's not going to happen. So I had strung out my sellers for months and I found a new lender. Never again to a big company and being a number. Very disappointing.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

I started the process to refinance a second home in May of 2020. I expected the process to take longer due to the number of refi's occurring and Covid-19. Closing was finally scheduled on Dec 31, 2020. Thru this process, Guaranteed Rate communicated sparingly.

Guaranteed Rate Mortgage response

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear about the communication issues you experienced, but we appreciate you letting us know as this will be a great coaching opportunity for our Company. Again, we thank you for your feedback.

- The Customer Success Team