2. Mortgages

Guaranteed Rate Mortgage

Concord, NC

Guaranteed Rate Mortgage
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.67/5

Guaranteed Rate is an online and in-store mortgage lender that helps consumers find the right loan program for homebuying and refinancing. With its online mortgage option, Guaranteed Rate lets you to handle the entire mortgage process completely from your computer or smartphone.

BOTTOM LINE

Guaranteed Rate is a mortgage company that focuses on simplifying the loan process and offers a 100% digital mortgage experience. Visit its website to apply and qualify for a mortgage that fits your needs.

PROS

• Completely online experience
  • Work with mortgage professionals
  • Multiple types of mortgages

CONS

• No in-store services in some states

Top Guaranteed Rate Mortgage Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guaranteed Rate, Inc.?

Paige **, kept my nerves calm as my wife and I were trying to refinance. She was with us at the beginning and stayed in touch to the end. We are very pleased with the new rate. ... The closing person, and the notary public sent over to our home were fabulous and very informative.

I was clear to close in 1 week. Jay ** and his local team walked through everything. Jay waived the lender fee and I pretty much paid nothing to refi. This was the cleanest and most easy experience I've had with what could be a long process. Great team, great people, very competent and effective at what they do.

What is Guaranteed Rate Mortgage?

Guaranteed Rate offers multiple types of mortgages, including:

• 30-year fixed-rate mortgages
    • 15-year fixed-rate mortgages
    • Adjustable-rate mortgages
    • Jumbo loans
    • FHA loans
    • VA home loans
    • Interest-only mortgages

If you’re interested in finding out more about a Guaranteed Rate mortgage or applying for its programs, visit a local branch or go to the company's website to fill out the loan application. You need the following information to apply:

• Name
    • Email address
    • Home purchase price
    • Down payment amount
    • Credit score
    • Phone number

Once you fill out the information above, you can get preapproval for a loan in as few as 15 minutes. Once preapproved, you work with certified loan officers and specialists who analyze your personal finances to help you choose the right loan.

Guaranteed Rate mortgage rates and fees

Guaranteed Rate’s mortgage interest rates and fees vary based on the type of loan and your creditworthiness. Prevailing economic factors also influence interest rates.

Guaranteed Rate has an online mortgage payment calculator that gives you a rough estimate of your monthly mortgage payments. Work with your loan officer and lending specialists to find out what interest rate you qualify for.

Guaranteed Rate mortgage FAQ

Does Guaranteed Rate sell mortgages?
    Guaranteed Rate doesn’t state whether it sells its mortgages to other financial institutions. Be sure to ask your loan specialist or loan officer about the possibility of the company selling your mortgage.
    Is Guaranteed Rate a mortgage broker?
    No. Guaranteed Rate handles all mortgage loans in-house and does not act as an intermediary for other mortgage lenders.
    Is Guaranteed Rate a good lender?
    Guaranteed Rate receives good reviews from many customers. The company offers mortgages to consumers nationwide.

Is Guaranteed Rate mortgage good?

Guaranteed Rate helps consumers get mortgage loans online and in stores. A Guaranteed Rate mortgage is a good option for consumers in any state who want to complete the entire mortgage process online. Visit the company’s website to apply.

Guaranteed Rate Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guaranteed Rate Mortgage?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guaranteed Rate, Inc.?

Original review: March 6, 2020

I was clear to close in 1 week. Jay ** and his local team walked through everything. I didn't have to submit pay stubs since they could validate income through the banking shared system. I didn't have to pay for appraisal since they gave me the highest value possible allowed with FannieMae for my property, way higher than I thought. I got the lowest rate possible and shopped around to be sure. Jay waived the lender fee and I pretty much paid nothing to refi. My prior mortgage was paid off within 3 days of closing and I got excess money paid back to me via direct deposit within 3 days. My mortgage was sold as they told me would be the case when I applied (they told me either Chase or Wells Fargo most likely and it went to Wells). This was the cleanest and most easy experience I've had with what could be a long process. Great team, great people, very competent and effective at what they do.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

Paige **, kept my nerves calm as my wife and I were trying to refinance. She was with us at the beginning and stayed in touch to the end. We are very pleased with the new rate and am now able to pay a few bills that caught us by surprise. The closing person, and the notary public sent over to our home were fabulous and very informative.

Guaranteed Rate Mortgage response

Thank you for the kind review! We consistently strive for greatness, and we're happy you saw it firsthand

- The Customer Success Team

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I have read many of the reviews and am sad that many of those people did not have the experience I did. Dominic **. was amazing. This was my first purchase of a home and Dominic helped me every step of the way. When I called he answered or call back as soon as he could. He never left any of my questions unanswered. He worked with me when I had trouble getting some paperwork. I would recommend Dominic to friends and family. Thank you Dominic and Guaranteed Rate!

Guaranteed Rate Mortgage response

We appreciate the time you took to leave us this awesome review! We are thrilled and delighted to know your experience with Guaranteed Rate was a great one. Thank you for this review and thank you once again for choosing Guaranteed Rate!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

Based on my experience with Guaranteed Rate for refinancing my home, the Loan Officer Mr. Keith ** handled my case very carefully in a very efficient way and quick results. I even got a better rate than I hoped for. Mr. **'s team - the Mortgage Consultant Shawn ** and the Loan Coordinator Jessica ** did work together efficiently as well. They are knowledgeable to what they are doing. They are so easy to work with. Overall, my experienced went smoothly, from the beginning to closing. I would highly recommend Mr. ** to everyone who needs refinancing/purchasing their home.

Guaranteed Rate Mortgage response

Thank you for the awesome review! We are delighted to read about your efficient and quick experience with us. Thank you again for choosing Guaranteed Rate!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: July 21, 2020

My loan officer was awesome, very responsive, got me a fantastic rate, approval was a breeze. Then he handed me off to the underwriting team, who were fired after I complained about 2 weeks of failures to communicate, asking for me to submit things I'd already sent in, and many more errors. They were replaced by a marginally more effective team who at least completed the underwriting process, albeit with significant prodding from me. Then came the closing team... I've bought and sold many houses as my job moves me frequently, but this is the first time I received closing & wiring instructions only 3 hours before a closing. And only after I, the customer, prompted them. Multiple times. Thankfully my loan officer stayed engaged and helped me every time I asked for assistance overcoming the problems in other departments. Bottom line: fantastic rate & initial loan officer. Horribly painful process after that.

Original review: July 14, 2020

I gave Heather at Guaranteed Mortgage 1 star... only because I didn't have the option to give zero stars. We did not qualify for a mortgage with GRM. It is what it is. We were treated horribly by Heather, though. She made us feel like we were not fit to mop her floor. Once we asked questions about the discrepancies between what GRM was seeing vs what the credit agencies were reporting, she became condescending and rude. She doesn't return phone calls or emails. I've never been made to feel this insignificant by a business in my life. If you have anything negative in your credit history, steer clear of this company.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear about the experience you had with us. We would appreciate the opportunity to look into the situation you described. At your convenience, please give our Customer Success Team a call at 773-328-6467.

- The Customer Success Team

Original review: June 19, 2020

On 6/6/20, I received a pre-approval letter for a USDA loan from Guaranteed Rate Affinity..with that, I secured a contract to purchase a home with closing in 30 days. GRA received all the required documents from me. She said even though it's USDA (zero down) I'd need $6200 cash to close for closing costs and fees, so I secured that. I paid a 2k earnest deposit to Title to close in 30 days. I locked in the rate at 3.25%. I paid for the home inspection. All systems go! A week into it, she said her processor will be contacting me to schedule appraisal, and that closing may be delayed. On 6/18/20, the lender informs me that USDA doesn't like the loan for payment shock reasons, and asks if I have more cash to put down (turns out it's bc they didn't enter the mortgage amt I paid for previous 13 years).

6/19/20 she says I may not qualify w/ USDA and maybe not even FHA, and even if I could go FHA, I'd need 3.5% plus closing costs.. How did I go from being pre-qualified and locked in at 3.25% to "I might not be able to finance you?" My credit is good and better than it was when I pre-qualified, so it's not that! I held up my end of the bargain, and now I get this?!? So because of them, I could lose $2k earnest, $300 inspection, the home of my dreams, and be out of a place to live?!? What kind of business is this?!? I wish I had seen these reviews prior to getting involved with this company, bc sadly, they are an accurate reflection of this company. If you see this review..do yourself a favor and AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!

Resolution response: July 6, 2020

They actually researched my situation and rectified their errors, but I am still not feeling my account being sold to another company less than 6 months after I got my mortgage with them.

Original review: June 19, 2020

So I was affected by the Covid-19, my employer reduced our salary by 20% for 8 weeks. I applied for the forbearance (Covid-19) but in the mix of all this going on they sold my account to another company. My application was never processed by them and they also put me being 30 days late on my credit report. My new mortgage servicer has me being delinquent on on my brand new just brought over account with them also. Guaranteed Rate, I really don't know what to think of them now.

Original review: June 5, 2020

Did not honor rate lock float down. I had clarified to him that I wanted to make sure he took into account the points I bought, my credit history and down payment when calculating the potential lower rate. I included those details because I wanted to be sure we were on the same page, because he had made a fairly serious mistake previously when I asked about a relock, comparing my loan with a completely different type of loan. He assumed I had a 30 year FHA, when I actually had a 15 year conventional. (I did not tell him this was my reason for including those details.)

He responded with petty insinuations that I should be happy with the rate I got, and that Guaranteed Rate even took my business at all, and that his credentials make him above question. And that they got me the close date I wanted. In short, he did not address my inquiry at all, just pushed back with passive aggressive weirdness. Thomas ** did not even begin the process of looking into whether I would qualify for a lower rate or not. (And if I didn't qualify I was fine with that, I just wanted to know either way.) He took my inquiry personally and all I got was a terse attitude.

His teammate Jeremy ** was just as unprofessional -- it was like they took my benign inquiry (about a feature that GR offers its clients) as some kind of affront, and tried to make me feel like I was being some ungrateful cheapskate. All for doing something that ANYONE would do: take them up on their OFFER to lower their rate when applicable.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: June 1, 2020

I had an application with them on Feb 2020, they gave me a good rate, they made me to pay for appraisal and application fee and one day before closing they said, "Your application wasn’t approved from bank because you have a solar panel lease." They took application fee $250.00 and appraisal fee $550.00 and they came up with nonsense reason which I purchased the house and did first refinance with the solar panel lease. It seems they get your application and charge for the fee and they do a lousy job I don’t advice you go for it. I see it’s a hoax rates to get you in and charge you $250 and make you pay for the appraisal. They don’t care about your loss. My advice don’t trust them.

Guaranteed Rate Mortgage Company Information