1.15/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Regions Mortgage

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Regions Mortgage Reviews

Original review: March 20, 2019

I bank with Regions, so naturally when I needed to refinance my home, I called my local Regions bank. They had mortgage originator, Jim ** call me to get the process started. At the beginning he was very prompt, and attentive. After he found out my credit score was too low, he completely wrote me off, and acted differently towards me. He told me to call back in 3 months after I work on my credit. I emailed him back 30 days later after bringing my score up significantly. It took him almost a full day to get back to me.

The email he sent was very degrading. He acted as if it was impossible to accomplish this. He talked down to me, as if I were an idiot, and didn’t know what I was talking about. I was extremely offended and wrote back informing him that I no longer needed his services, I will go elsewhere. He sent me back an email stating he was going to suggest the same thing. I’m so disappointed in my bank that I will most likely change banks in the future. The new company I’m working with is amazing. When they pulled my credit report it actually did go up 100 points. Imagine that. I achieved the impossible. I will never deal with Regions again.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Started the process to remove PMI from my mortgage 3 month as ago. Took a month and a half to get the BPO which came back $2k lower than my original appraisal. This is after I’ve shared data with them showing a $41k increase in my home value on Zillow & other real estate sites. All sites show & even the BPO stated my market area had 1% growth per month over the last 12 months. In addition we’ve had home improvements of over $25k. I’ve tried to contact the PMI department 8 times in the last 6 weeks & have been promised numerous callbacks. Extremely frustrated with the poor customer service! Don’t use this mortgage company!

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I send an email, stating that, because I already paid most of my home loan, I asked to let me handle my Score and Insurance. Regions not only never responded but also ignore me and sounds like they don't like to ask them to be fair. I will not do any business in the future with Regions.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

My elderly Aunt has a mortgage with Regions and they have made it hard as hell for her to make payments on time. She doesn't drive or have a car. They won't allow her to pay online or by phone. Their online email never works. They threaten her with losing her home but they do everything in their power to make things hard for her. I believe they are doing this to her on purpose because she is elderly and disabled and they think they can take advantage of her.

Her mortgage is close to being paid off and they stopped allowing her to make online payments or even do phone payments. Her fixed income comes the beginning of every month so she has to mail payments and that takes longer. Regions doesn't want her to get her payments in on time. They have their own greedy sick cruel motives and it is pure HELL for her and me trying to help her deal with them. My advice to anybody is to NOT get a mortgage with Regions and if you do, be careful when you are almost paid off because they will come after you hard because they want to make more money out of you. They don't want you to pay off and be done with them. I might end up having to contact a state agency to help my Aunt since she is elderly and disabled and I think she is being abused by Regions. This situation is literally the most stressful thing I have ever had to deal with but I do it for the sake of my Aunt.

The Regions employees are rude and abrupt and threaten that you will lose your home even though you are ready and willing to give them their money. They don't really want you to pay, they want you to refinance or give up your home or whatever. They just want to make more money. I swear to God I will tell everybody I know about Regions. I know all banks suck but this is the first time I have had to deal with a bank about a home mortgage and there is more at stake. I just hate Regions and I am not a lawyer and my Aunt can't afford one and I just want to help her get these unethical people paid off so she and I won't have to deal with them anymore. This is ongoing hell and there is no reason for it. I hate Regions bank. They pick on poor and working class people because they know we don't always have the funds and knowledge to fight them.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Please be aware of that bank and especially the mortgage department, everyone here had problems with them, and my case the only problem is making business with them since the first day from the closing of my home until claims, they hold my insurance claims checks without any reason. Please go to whatever bank exists first and if this is the last option is not your time, believe me. 000000 STARS IF POSSIBLE!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regions Mortgage?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

If I could give Regions 0 stars, I would. Regions has been the holder of my mortgage for 10 Years this month and I’ve NEVER missed a payment. I’m an employee affected by the government shutdown and I’m not getting paid at present. I called to see if they could allow me to miss a payment or waive their fees. They told me that they had a special ‘program’ for those not receiving pay. HOWEVER, it would reflect negatively on my credit. How in the world is that supposed to be helpful? I’m shopping around for a new lender so that I can refinance my mortgage loan IMMEDIATELY!!!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I was in the process of getting a FHA loan through Regions and my mother was the cosigner for me and she is the cosigner on another FHA loan for a home that her and my grandmother stay in. I get all the way to the final underwriting, and before closing I get a call saying my mother couldn't be on two FHA loans at the same time so I can't get the loan. I wish they would've told me this when I first started the loan process and yes they knew about her already being on a loan when we started because they wanted to see her purchase agreement. Now I have to start over but not with Regions. I'm going to apply for a USDA loan at my wife's bank United. Regions also told me they don't do USDA loans in Georgia.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

We contacted Regions 1 month ahead our Home Equity Line of credit came due and their refinance rep told us all was fine for refinance. Four weeks later at loan's maturity date Regions tell us we don't qualify for refinance and direct us over their Loss and Mitigations Dept. I was lost since we never failed a payment to either our 1st Mortgage or our HELOC and our credit scores were 780 and 800, but I follow along. People there made us fill out again a series of papers that we faxed back immediately. They again took 3 weeks to tells us again: "NO, can't do." I asked why? They said the same: "You don't qualify due to lack of enough income." Ah, but we qualified 7 years ago and I was making half the money I make today. Makes sense? Then Regions is now reporting us monthly for failing to make $125,000 monthly payments? Huh? Our credits are now 620 and 650... Thanks Regions for sending us under a bridge.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I wanted to refinance my mortgage, and Regions felt that it was ok to send my SSN and other private information via email. They are supposed to use a secure message portal or encrypted email for this type of information. I was assured that my information would be kept private. When I asked the person who was working on my mortgage why she sent it in regular email she told me their secure system was down, and that it was ok because she had been using email for years. I work in the email/IT Security field and it is NOT OK TO SEND THIS INFORMATION VIA EMAIL. DO NOT TRUST THEM WITH YOUR INFORMATION.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I recently lost my job and therefore called Regions Mortgage to let them know and to ask if there were any programs in place to assist me, just in case I didn't get a new job as soon as I was expecting to. The gentleman said "yes Sir, you qualify for the hardship program" (or whatever)... what that meant was I could get a three month grace period. I got excited too quickly. The only condition was that on the fourth month I would need to pay all three months in full, plus the fourth months payment (about 8K)... lol.

But that was not all, if I took the deal they would also have to report to the Credit Bureau that I have not paid my mortgage for three months, so "yes Sir... this will affect your credit as well." How is that helping anyone?? It simply delays a bad situation and makes it worst. I guess when someone at Regions get employed, they get a $8K check up front to do whatever. If it's difficult to pay my mortgage now and I get a job three months later, where will I get $8K to pay four months of mortgage. I would have preferred if REGIONS MORTGAGE had spit in my face up front and tell me "NO!!... we cannot help you", instead of offering me this.

Regions Mortgage Company Information