Call toll free
2.33/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LendingTree is an online loan shopping marketplace where consumers can connect directly with lenders for all kinds of financial borrowing needs. LendingTree functions in a similar way to travel, hotel and other online comparison shopping sites by letting consumers compare multiple offers from an industry-wide network so they can find the best deal that is right for them. Loan types include mortgage loans, mortgage refinances, auto loans, personal loans, business loans, student refinances, credit cards and more.

LendingTree Video
View More View More

1236 LendingTree Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

LendingTree help me obtain the loan I needed in the time of emergency. They linked with a trustworthy company that treated with human kindness. They were able to give me accurate credit score and help me to build me credit. I will recommend this company to any skeptics. This an awesome company.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I was able to see and understand my credit score and what was on my credit report. The report allowed me to agree with what was shown on my report. The report gave me subjection about what credit cards that could help improve my credit rating. This report also showed me I could get a personal loan to help with my poor CD credit rating.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I was very skeptical in applying for any kind of loan but then took the plunge. Based on onsite feedback and reviews LendingTree came up first. I decided to go ahead and fill all the details. I have to say the forms were simple and easy to fill. Within a few clicks (under 3 forms!!) I was given an option of specific lenders that would be relevant and pertinent to me. I was given a few options and the first option that Lending Tree gave (LightStream) came back with the best rates. I went ahead with them and within under an hour everything was done! Simple, predictable, I got what I want and at a reasonable rate! Thanks LendingTree team!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

As a Realtor my income fluctuates. I found myself in a tight spot and didn't know what to do. LendingTree had the money in my account in 3 days! Some would say the interest rate is high, but it allowed me to consolidate so many high interest credit cards, prepay insurance to save significantly and keep my credit in good standing. It's worth the risk. If you need a "bridge loan" to get you through to your next project or closing give them a call.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I have a Mastercard Count through SSDI account number for it is **. exp 06/30/23 ame. It's in mine on back of card **. Plus I do Have 3,000 with me at my place not in bank. Why? I'm not allowed to have anything more than 2,000 and that's it. Other than I should be getting a loan even if I pay you back 250 a month.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I have to say that LendingTree recommended Midwest Bank and I was really pleased with the Bank's service. Belen ** Of First Midwest Bank was a tremendous help in having my loan completed... She kept me informed regarding the processing up until the completion. Belen was professional and at the same time very personable.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I was looking for a personal loan to help me out with less interest rate and less monthly payment. LendingTree helped me through the process. I recommend them. They are very helpful. Thank you again Lending Tree!!!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

My husband tried to pay off my loan in full. They wouldn’t let him. Instead, they make me pay three extra days of interest until I can call them Monday-Friday to give him authorization to PAY!! Terrible service!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Decided to check rates via Lending Tree because of their claim that it doesn't result in a hard credit check (negative impact to credit score). After providing lots of personal information -- including date of birth and last 4 digits of Social Security number -- you have no opportunity to select the type(s) of mortgage for which you want rates! You ONLY get rates/offers for 30- and 15-yr fixed and an ARM... Then you immediately start getting calls and texts from multiple banks -- None of which I'm interested in talking to without knowing their 20-year fixed rate!!! The geniuses at Lending Tree are clearly incapable of in-depth thought. Now I'll never deal with them, because who wants to work with "the stupid"? P.S. this rating system requires at least 1 star or they'd get ZERO!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I thought I was going to see some competitive rates to refinance my new auto loan. After disclosing way too much personal information, I started getting phone calls from a myriad of lenders with rates that were not competitive with rates offered reputable lenders in my area (lenders that publish their rates on their websites like local banks and credit unions). Two of the callers placed me on a "brief" hold to get a lender on the line while my other phone was ringing off the hook with calls from call centers trying to "pre-qualify" me. All the calls were on a recorded line and it was rush, rush, rush, to get more personal information. I do NOT like LendingTree's business model or tactics.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Having trouble getting on to app. Wants me to keep redoing my password and log in. Other than that it's great. Would tell the people about this. Could make easier if you could sign in once or let know what our log was or email we used. This would save some time.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I'm trying to get my life back on track. I am the oldest of my sisters and brothers. Now they look for me to help them out. Thanks. LendingTree was an alright lender. I had no problems with them on the loan. I would tell my friends about them. Furthermore they will work with you on your loan. If you give me this loan I will be able to help my self get out of debt and help my people with their be problem. Times are hard but somehow I will get through this.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

After filling out the questionnaire, I was presented with offers from several banks and lending institutions with fair rates. That part went well. I didn't mind giving them my phone number because I don't have a VM box so I don't care how many robo calls I get because I just don't answer them and they can't fill up a non-existent VM box. HAH!

But what I didn't care for is that Lending Tree SOLD MY NUMBER TO SCAMMERS! I checked the 12 or so calls I got after giving them my phone number and they were ALL from VA lending scams. Where they only want your personal data and SSA to steal it. I didn't ask LT for a VA loan, but the LT questionnaire asks if you're a vet, which I am, so that triggered SCAMS. Why is LendingTree selling personal info to SCAMMERS!?? This outfit is likely as crooked as those scammers. In addition, one of the loan sources offered is from the 5th largest CRIMINAL BANK in the USA. Wells Fargo. That should tell you as much as you need to know about Lending Tree. An outfit that supports criminals. Stay away.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Brent ** with LendingTree was amazing. He was very helpful and did a great job at explaining the loan process to my husband and me. We are truly thankful for his assistance. We will inform others on how wonderful and helpful LendingTree is.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

LendingTree was able to approve my loan and provide me with the funds in a timely manner. They paid off existing credit cards to help with my debt consolidation. I highly recommend them if you are considering debt consolidation.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I applied online, got pre-approved. Then, I had to stay with them on the phone for more details. I was assured that I will get the money so they start running my credit score, I have to send them very important details about my life and finances and, in the end, the didn't have the courtesy to, at least, call me and tell me I wasn't approved and everything was a stupid game. No letter in the mail, my credit is messed up now because of them and I didn't get the money they promised from the very beginning. I feel like they have too much access to personal information and they are not acting professionally at all.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I do not have an account; however I am looking to consolidate. I want to put all my bills car loan, credit cards, and personal loan under one payment. I am not affiliated with the government or military. I really do not know anything else to say, other than please grant me my request.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Very satisfied with service. The service is very informative for someone that needs to improve their credit rating. Customers are able to see their credit scores. Information is given that tells a customer exactly what to do to improve their credit scores. I would recommend LendingTree service to friends and family.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

This a pure lead generation site where they sell your name to as many finance companies as possible...and unless you want tons of sales calls and texts, do NOT give them any information. I went to LendingTree and put in some personal information to get some info on competitive rates for Home Equity Lines of Credit (HELOCs) last night around 9 pm, and was bombarded with literally 20 sales calls and texts on my mobile phone before 9 am today.

Annoying and awful! I couldn't find out how to delete my account, but if you google LendingTree customer service and press 2, you can ask them to remove you (they said this takes 24 hours), and you can also fill out an Unsubscribe Form on their site to block your number from being called (they say it takes 72 hrs). Of course, too little too late, they've already sent out my information to potential lenders, so it's likely that I'll still be getting calls, texts, and emails for the next 6 years, and soon my US mailbox will soon start filling up with even more junk mail.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I highly recommend this and family all my friends. LendingTree is very highly recommended for all your loans and personal loans to help you through any situation for you and your situation for you and your sexual. I highly recommend in LendingTree to all my friends and family for any kind of loans they made me in any situation they may have. Andre is there for them to help them to get the loan they need to get or their home or car or personal loans they may have dreams. Very

honest and fair with all their customers.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Well I do not have an account but so far. Every thing is just fine so far. They are a great company and every time they have been there for me. All the other companies were rude to me but not your company. They were very nice and understanding and no judgements towards me.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I went online under the pretense to get some fast not obligation quotes and did not even complete the profile because I did not want my information out there and within 5 minutes began getting calls so many in fact I received more than one at a time. I called LendingTree to complain and ask to be removed only to be told it would take over 24 hours. Seriously - they do not value privacy and sell information. I did not agree to allow them to give my information to anyone and did not even complete the process but apparently that does matter to LendingTree. What a scam.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

This site is a scam. It should be shut down. All they want is your money saying they will help you but you don’t get a callback and they stop answering your phone calls. I can’t believe the government haven’t shut down these thieves. But when you still money somebody gonna still money back from you. Be advised. Don’t do business with these people. THEY ARE CROOKS!!!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Y’all have been very helpful and fair with the dissecting that y’all made with my request I made with y’all. I want to thank you. I really need this loan to get my car fixed so if you would please help me. I will pay it back on monthly payment.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

The app presented itself as a loan calculator. I declined to provide my social security number and employment information and logged out. They created an account and applied for a loan I didn't want. A week later, I got a letter from the Marcus at Goldman Sachs declining the application I never submitted.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

This is another financial agencies using racial profiling to access qualifications to buy with loan. It’s a very sad example of our society thought process and tactics to justify injustice methods use to measure dignity and worth of individual by the use credit rating and scores to separate individual into classes.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I registered and hoped to see comparative data on rates etc. Instead got 10-15 calls seconds after registering - sometimes 3-4 calls at same time. This is so unprofessional. Avoid this site. Else get calls day and night from loan agencies.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I completed a form that presented itself in a way that would help you calculate a mortgage payment presumably by using pieces of data that you provide. What I did not expect is that my personal information would be submitted to every auto dialer under the sun. I am following up with my attorney general to understand how they are allowed to release PIA without my permission.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I bought my first home thanks to LendingTree app and I'm grateful. It helps me keep my credit good and it gives me info on my finances and what's available to me like personal loans, and credit cards, and financial tips so that I can prosper. I love it.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I entered in all my personal information to see a mortgage quote, thinking that I'd have a diverse set of decent mortgage rates. Instead, after completing the application they were in NO WAY competitive on rates and had a terrible selection of products offered (no ARMS, I/O, only 30 yr fixed). My contact information was then given to a number of banks, who bombarded me with robocalls and emails. Their service really isn't worth the time or hassle, I'd go to your local banker and see their offerings instead.

LendingTree expert review by Michele Lerner

This online broker allows consumers and businesses to request and compare customized loan offers from a network of more than 350 lenders, banks and credit partners. The company's lender network offers a wide range of financial products including mortgages.

• Simple online application: The online application allows potential borrowers to submit a single request that is sent to multiple lenders for evaluation. It is simple to complete and does not require any detailed financial information.

• Instant quotes: Qualified applicants receive personalized loan offers in minutes. All consumers can visit the website to see customized interest rates by filling out a short form that does not require any personal information.

• No credit score impact: Consumers can request quotes and evaluate their loan options without affecting their credit score.

• Free, no-obligation quotes: No-obligation quotes are free, and lenders do not require consumers to pay any upfront fees to guarantee loan offers. Interested consumers can compare quotes to find the best offer for their situation.

• Tools and resources: The website offers online tools and resources, including personal credit scores, to help consumers manage their finances and make informed financial decisions.

• Best for: individuals who want to compare loan offers from multiple lenders and those who want to learn more about the homebuying process.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

LendingTree Company Information