2. Mortgages

Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.00/5

LendingTree is an online loan marketplace that helps consumers compare various financial products and services. Answer a few questions on its website to have the company put you in touch with qualified lenders that serve your financial profile. Shop for mortgages, personal loans, credit cards and more in one place. This service is free, and LendingTree does not mark up rates.

BOTTOM LINE

LendingTree is an online marketplace that matches consumers with lenders that meet their specific needs. Its services are free, and comparing rates won’t affect your credit score.

PROS

• Comparing offers won’t hurt credit
  • Loans tailored to your situation

CONS

• Not all qualify for advertised rates

Top LendingTree Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?

I have been wanting a loan to consolidate my debt for a while and no one would give me a chance. LendingTree did and the whole process was fast and easy! I would highly recommend them. I’m so ecstatic to finally have all my credit cards paid off and have one simple payment instead!

Jailene was great to work with. Very considerate of my time and was very efficient! We had an answer that day for the loan, within the week the money was in our account. Very fast!! We were very impressed.

LendingTree Get a Quote

What is LendingTree?

LendingTree is a company that matches you with its network of lenders to provide multiple options for a loan. You can use LendingTree’s services to get up to five loan offers within five minutes. Its website helps you shop for a wide range of financial services, including:

• Mortgage loans (NMLS #1136)
    • Personal loans
    • Business loans
    • Bank accounts
    • Credit cards
    • Student loans
    • Auto loans
    • Financial help

After answering a series of brief questions, you get matched with a list of lenders. Typically, you can apply online directly with the lender through links LendingTree provides. LendingTree's refinancing options let you compare lenders and rates available in your area. Each lender has different requirements for application, and you should have personal financial information like income, debts and assets ready when applying.

How much does LendingTree cost?

LendingTree is free to use. Interest rates differ depending on the lender and your credit score. If your credit score is 640, expect to pay an annual percentage rate (APR) of around 25% on personal loans on LendingTree. For 760 or higher, the average APR is around 10%.

Mortgage rates on LendingTree vary based on your location, home price and credit score. Mortgage lenders typically charge between 3% and 4.75% interest for a 30-year fixed-term loan.

LendingTree's refinance rates average 3.11% for a 15-year fixed FHA loan and 3.91% for a 30-year fixed FHA loan.

LendingTree FAQ

Where is LendingTree located?
    LendingTree's corporate headquarters is in Charlotte, North Carolina. The company offers services nationwide.
    Will LendingTree hurt my credit?
    When you complete a loan request, LendingTree pulls your credit report without affecting your credit score. When you apply for a loan or credit card, the lender conducts a hard inquiry into your credit history. This typically lowers your credit score several points, but you can recover by making on-time payments on your newly opened account.
    What credit score is needed for LendingTree?
    Lenders that partner with LendingTree typically require a credit score of 640 or higher. Some lenders might accept lower scores but charge higher interest rates.
    How long does it take to get money from LendingTree?
    Some of LendingTree's partners offer fast application processing, which means you might qualify for same-day funding.

Is LendingTree legit?

LendingTree offers a free loan comparison service for consumers that saves time and effort during research. It offers a wide array of services and loan types displayed on one website for convenient shopping. If you need a loan, LendingTree helps you quickly compare offers and find the best fit for your situation.

LendingTree Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?

Original review: April 7, 2020

I cannot believe how fast it was. I decided to just apply to consolidate some bills and filled out the application and was surprised within 2 days that it was approved. It was so fast that I thought that it was a scam. But it was real. I would recommend them. During this trying time this loan gave me some peace of mind not having to worry about bills while trying to get through this devastating time.

Original review: March 10, 2020

The application process was very fast and very simple. No long pages of paperwork and forms to be filled out. Did not have to upload bank statements or income verification because it was already available online for LendingTree. Received my loan very quickly. (It took less than one week and my cards were paid off and the leftover money was in my bank account.) Would recommend to anyone needing to consolidate credit cards and also needing a little extra cash for whatever.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

IT was very easy to apply in minutes. The only downside was that I kept getting calls from all of the loan providers until I had chosen the one that best fit my budget. Other than that, I was provided with a lot of offers and was able to narrow them down with filtering tools which made it easier to find the right one for me.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

In researching best rates for home mortgages Lending Tree kept popping up as #1 in my search. I tried it and got multiple quotes that were what I thought "too good to be true." I like to do business with local companies so I called a few and they could not compete with the quotes I was getting. My number one recommendation from Lending Tree was North American Savings Bank. I called and spoke to Warren **. The quote I got was far better than Quickens or any local banks. I decided to go with NASB.

All through the process I kept waiting for additional fees to appear. They did not. I SAVED THOUSANDS IN CLOSING COSTS. I got the best interest rates with no points and no hidden fees. I closed on my loan December 31, 2019. I highly recommend Warren ** at NASB. He was professional, informative and very pleasant to deal with. The process was much easier than other mortgages companies I have used. He made sure we met our closing date even during Christmas holidays!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

The process for finding potential loan providers was super simple and quick from start to finish with Lending Tree. We did not have to provide a ton of personal information, and we received 10+ offers in minutes. The offers were from a wide range of lenders from banks and other lending institutions. We were able to see loan terms, interest rates, and other pertinent facts w/o even clicking on any of the offers. The offers included low interest, low payments, higher interest, higher payments, larger amounts, and smaller amounts. So, finding a loan that fit our payment, interest, and term needs was simple.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I found the right mortgage lender using LendingTree. I will go to them in the future before I search for a company on my own. Perfect place to shop, compare rates and speak to potential Lenders. Both were legit with excellent ratings. Two out of the three companies contacted me within hours based to start the preapproval process. Great company.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

Excellent credit score and moderate/high income. Rate approved from PenFed 2.89% for 40k vs 5.6% as proposed from Lending Tree. Understood that this is not their loan offering, but the fact that they can not pull together competitive offers (low 3% for Chase offer) shows that this is likely an enterprise that functions largely off of advertising connections. Essentially it is useless. Disappointed I wasted a credit check on this.

Original review: July 1, 2020

I used Lending Tree to identify possible mortgage refinance companies. In this respect the companies that were supplied were valid mortgage banking organizations. What I have issue with Lending Tree is their privacy policies. I don't know the details since we rarely read, in detail, the fine print but when I signed up in less than a day my email spam increased 400% and my telemarketing calls increased 500%; these volumes cannot be coincidental and over 95% of the spam was not mortgage related. I can't say it's totally on Lending Tree but if it occurred from the companies they promote/partner with then they should also be responsible for them. They're already making money from the bank that I will refinance with and if they're making money from selling my information that's not good business, in my opinion, as now I am letting people know what happened; coincidence or not.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I got an email I was approved for a personal loan from lending tree up to $8000. I signed the loan agreement for a $2000 loan and was told I had to put up a 5% security deposit because my credit score was below 700. Which would be $100. They wanted it in the form of eBay card or bitcoin atm deposit. I did the eBay card.

Saturday June 27, 2020 I got an email of wire transfer receipt to my bank account for $2000 from Apple Federal Credit Union. I was working with loan officer Dominic Leonetti from lending tree. My bank did not accept transfer until Monday and on Monday I still received no transfer and found out by looking online that there were dozens of reviews of people being scammed by lending tree and Apple Federal Credit Union does not work with lending tree and does not know a Dominic and did not do a wire transfer.

When I asked Dominic about this he claimed I breached my contract by claiming it was a scam and that lending tree didn’t trust me anymore and that he canceled the loan and transfer. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said he was the supervisor and could cancel any loan he wanted. He then said if I called again he would block my number. I have not received a refund for my $100 deposit as Dominic stated would be done and he will not return emails and my calls are blocked. He is totally unprofessional and rude and disrespectful. Lending Tree is a total SCAM. BEWARE.

Original review: June 25, 2020

I made the mistake of signing up for LendingTree to find a good rate on a HELOC (home equity line of credit). Before I even finished filling out their online forms my phone started ringing and emails and texts started. None of them were for a HELOC, only cash out refinances which I guess make the lender more money but is not what I wanted. DON'T DO IT, you will be bombarded with hungry loan people bugging you for several days or longer.

LendingTree Company Information