3.13/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LendingTree is an online loan shopping marketplace where consumers can connect directly with lenders for all kinds of financial borrowing needs. LendingTree functions in a similar way to travel, hotel and other online comparison shopping sites by letting consumers compare multiple offers from an industry-wide network so they can find the best deal that is right for them. Loan types include mortgage loans, mortgage refinances, auto loans, personal loans, business loans, student refinances, credit cards and more.

LendingTree Video
View More View More

1360 LendingTree Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 14, 2019

This is the second time that we have secured a personal loan through LendingTree to give us the financial capability to upgrade living conditions in and around our home. Our first loan we were in serious need for help on closing costs and furniture. LendingTree found us a company willing to help us. The interest rate was not the best and the monthly payment was costly but affordable in our budget. We paid off that loan in two years. Our credit score has improved well due to following a strict budget and not falling further in debt.

We decided that we needed a lump sum to improve the outside of our home and didn't want to use credit card financing to obtain the desired amount necessary. So, we tried LendingTree a second time and we were very pleased to see the amount of lenders willing to offer us a loan, with decent A.P.R.s and lengthier payment options to keep our payments budget friendly. This may be the last time we use LendingTree but as our credit score/FICO score continues to increase, LendingTree's lengthy list of willing lenders, provides us with lots of competitive options. It feels good to have financial institutions looking to secure a loan for you. LendingTree has been there for us even during the financially rough times.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I have a huge credit card debt issue. The bank I have been with for 25 years would not help. There was no end for me. LendingTree helped me through Lending Club and gave me the loan to pay off 22000 in credit card debt. I won't even have to log in and pay the loan, they take it out of my bank account. In 5 years I will be debt free (except for my student loan). I encourage others that think there is no way to get out of debt to apply and look at the terms they offer. I was surprised and they gave me hope. Truly, I was not in a good place emotionally when I didn't think I would ever pay off my debt. LendingTree/Lending Club gave me the faith to keep going and not give up.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I can’t recommend enough that if you're looking for any type of loan for debt consolidation, auto loan, mortgage etc etc you go to LendingTree. Their customer care agents are very knowledgeable, friendly, helpful and patient. The online application is a very quick and easy process. They will show you many offers from several financial institutions and work very hard to get you the loan you want at terms you will be very pleased with. I have two separate loans with them and I’ve recommended them to several of my friends, family and colleagues and they too are now customers. I’d also just like to say thank you to LendingTree for being there when I needed some assistance. Their service was a huge relief for me and one less thing on my mind.

Original review: March 9, 2019

For months I had been looking for a loan to consolidate my debt. My criteria was pretty basic, I wanted it to be a term of 36 months or less and a net APR less than what I was currently paying. Being that the debt I wanted was less than 10k the short term was easy to find, but because I was still in the process of rebuilding my credit I could not find a lower APR, especially once you included the "administration" fee that every lender was going to charge. The fee that every lender I found charged, meant first that if I needed $5,000 I would have to borrow $5,250 (I would get 5,000 and the lender would keep 250 for the fee). Second, the fee raised my APR from 25% to an effective rate of 30%, which was much higher than the average current rate I was already paying.

Because all the offers I was getting no matter which lender I tried was pretty much the same, I was close to giving up, so when I discovered LendingTree. It was probably my last attempt to consolidate my debt, at least until I raised my credit score to the next tier. LendingTree found me a lender with No fees and a lower APR, the term is only 24 months and the payment is less than half of what I was paying before.

The only reason I am giving them 4 stars instead of 5, is because when I initially ran the search for lenders on their Android app all the results were of companies offering terms similar to the ones I talked about earlier. It wasn't until I tried the search again on their website that the company that I selected appeared as an option. I applied for the loan, 20 minutes later someone called because they needed more info, which I immediately sent. About an hour after that I got an email saying I was approved, went online to review the terms and electronically sign the docs and the money was in my accounts the next day. (The company even sent some of the money directly to my credit card companies.) Overall great experience.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I applied for a debt consolidation loan through LendingTree website. I got a pre-approval instantly. I then had to email them last 2 recent copies of my pay stub & previous year tax w2 form that they requested. Within 2 days I had the final approval & funds transferred to my bank. I think with so many negative comment reviews it’s because a lot of people don’t show they make enough money (debt to income ratios) to pay the loan back or they can’t provide the adequate documents requested. My only complaint would be they took $500 out of my loan proceeds (to cover administrative costs) which I didn’t think was fair since I’m paying very high interest rate which will generate over $3,000 in profit to their investors on my loan in 3 years but even so this loan term will help me see the light on some high balance credit cards that would have taken me 10 years to pay off & now it’s only 3 years on this loan.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?

Original review: June 17, 2019

LendingTree quickly matched me with a personal loan that fit my needs specifically. It only took me about 10 minutes before I was finalizing my loan information and receiving confirmation of my new lender. I will definitely be using them again.

Original review: June 17, 2019

LendingTree provided a variety of lenders for the type of loan I was looking for. Their information included lender ratings which I found extremely helpful in my loan quest. They also provided a listing of more than 5 lenders.

Original review: June 14, 2019

My wife and I applied for a home improvement loan and were accepted within an hour. Funds were deposited on the day we requested with no additional fees. We highly recommend to anyone needing funding.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Went to LendingTree after experiencing frustration with my local bank. In a few clicks, I had offers from different lenders. I chose the most competitive rate and it was smooth sailing from there. What they promised, they did and in a couple days the money was in my account.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I needed a loan and went with LendingTree. They gave me all my options, and once I chose the company I want to use, the process was very easy and simple. From start to finish the process only took four days. I am very happy that I was able to secure a loan so that my family could experience a vacation together. They came through when I needed them the most.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Yes I will definitely recommended to a friend or relative. It looks like is a good company to work with for my purpose. Hopefully I get the loan and work out my personal issues. Thanks for the the time and considering my needs. Looking forward to work out my loan and my expectations. Thanks. Thanks.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I recently applied for a loan through Lending Tree. Within minutes they gave me a list of over 30 companies with a pre-approval. We chose LightStream and the experience was terrific. It all turned around in about 3 days. Great experience!

Original review: June 12, 2019

I came to LendingTree for the first time a few days ago to see what it has to offer. I took out a personal loan and I will be able to be almost debt free in 3 years. The thought of this thrills me and for the first time I feel like I am able to get over this mountain of debt I have been under for years. I am very grateful to LendingTree and subsequently my lender, Lending Club. I am also grateful I have kept my credit score very high so I can qualify for such a low APR. I am very hopeful about my future!

Original review: June 12, 2019

I was simply curious as to what the mortgage rates are at right now. I filled out a little info and the moment I hit submit - I was instantly flooded with calls from various unknown mortgage companies. This was 10 minutes ago now and I've had at least 20 calls and voicemails already! Some from the same company - who calls 5 times in a row? Yikes! Now that they have my phone and address I wonder how long I will be bothered. I was just curious! I had no idea I was signing up for this!

Original review: June 11, 2019

I used LendingTree for a personal loan. Process was very easy and painless! I would recommend to anyone looking to borrow money! Very streamlined process. I would use them again and refer to others!??

Original review: June 7, 2019

In my time of need Derek ** was able to guide me and help me to get the loan I needed. He was very professional, caring, knowledgeable and extremely patient helping me through the process. He saved my day!

Original review: June 5, 2019

I was interested (INTERESTED) in a home equity line of credit for some home improvements. I filled out a little information for what I thought was to have somebody (one person) contact me to review and discuss. Instead, from the second (and I mean second) I hit submit, I received dozens of phone calls, dozens of emails, and several text messages. It was so fast that so many people called me that for the first 30 minutes, I received 7 voicemails from people telling me they couldn't get thru. There was absolutely NOTHING Lendingtree did except blast my information to every mortgage call center in the US. Two days later, I am still getting calls from the same numbers and the same people. One number called me 20+ times in less than 24 hours. Just an awful awful experience.

Original review: June 5, 2019

The process was professional and quick. Also, the staff ensured that my business was truly wanted. Providing options by staff helped me make a smart re-financing decision. People should be open to those calls that may come out of the blue.

Original review: June 4, 2019

The company lies and doesn't tell you that when they send your information to other lenders that each lender can run your credit for a hard hit. They claim that your credit doesn't get ran but its a lie. Company is trash, I wish I never used them. Also their mortgage department currently has a class action lawsuit against them. I did not authorize my credit to be ran and will be disputing this.

Original review: June 4, 2019

LendingTree is pleased to announce in several places that your credit score will not be impacted by a loan inquiry. That is not true, as once a loan goes from LendingTree to Lending Club, something consumers are not told about, a hard inquiry becomes part of your credit report, costing you at least 3 points off your score. In other words, we are being misled by LendingTree, and I plan to report this behavior to the State Attorney General Bureau of Consumer Affairs.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I signed up for LendingTree. Asked for a loan for several offers, spend almost a week working with one of their jokers only to get denied for half of the initial offer after being told I was approved. Tried to leave a bad review for the specific lender and LendingTree denied my review because it lacked intelligence and thought I cannot help, but think to myself who in the hell calls a customer stupid.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I applied for a personal loan to pay off debt. In the contract it states clearly you got 5-7 days to cancel it. I was approved and I looked over the interest rate was ridiculous. Anyway, I cancelled the loan. I spoke to Julio first who was nice then he sent me to some guy who was rude as hell. Today 06/4/2019 at about 933hrs Eastern Time. This guy is pushing me to keep the loan and tells me the funds may be in my account and would need to do a reversal. I said I read the loan contract. I want the loan cancelled. He started saying if I apply for a loan again my rate may change. I was whatever. He was rude period! I don't like when someone is forcing you to get a loan crazy!

Original review: June 4, 2019

LendingTree found several companies for me to choose from to meet my loan needs. By giving me several to choose from, I was able to make an educated decision that fit my budget. The loan process was quick and easy and I had my money within a week.

Original review: June 4, 2019

The ad in the app said money for a home **. Around and around we go. The process takes too long. Is my social security number enough. I'm a disabled veteran. I should qualify. I have gi bill granted home and the is ** either a quick yes or no.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Loan application was fast and easy. I applied on a Sunday and was approved same day. Funds were in my account within 3 days after approval. A customer service representative even called me to check if I had any questions with the process.

Original review: May 29, 2019

This was my 2nd time using LendingTree to find a personal/debt consolidation loan and I was very pleased with both experiences. It was easy to apply and I got several offers from different lenders, some better than others but at least I had a choice. Would definitely recommend!

Original review: May 28, 2019

Didn't say if you are giving me the loan!!! The account you said is on my credit report from Commonwealth Financing IS NOT MINE!! SOMEONE ELSE IS USING MY IDENTITY!! But there was no place for me to click to DENY that account so I had to confirm. I have nothing to finance. Also I really need $5000 to move and get a car.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I've been looking for a credit card debt consolidation loan, investigating several loan companies. I have been paying $500-$800 a month for years to pay down my credit card debt and I tired of paying the credit card companies 25% interest and wanted to pay it off soon. I choose LendingTree because I received a 6.5% loan with a $260 payment for three years— and I'll be done! I did the entire transaction online, it was so easy, my loan was funded and my cards were paid off within a week. I now have one lower monthly payment and the end is in sight, I wish I would have done this a year ago. Thank you LendingTree!

Original review: May 22, 2019

I should've did a little more research before signing up at LendingTree. I have some credit card debt that I'm finally getting serious about doing away with, and I had heard that debt consolidation could potentially save me some money and simplify my debt repayment process. So I signed up for an account only to see what their offers would be, but I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

First, the offers shown online were terrible. My credit cards have better interest rates than the offers shown on LendingTree, like 50% less. As I have now learned, debt consolidation is pretty much a scam. To get lower interest rates and better terms, you gotta have stellar credit; but if you're looking for debt consolidation in the first place, you have less than optimal credit, so the offers will probably be worse than your current situation. Consolidate to pay more interest and fees for the simplicity of a single payment? No thanks.

Second, I now have every creeper (all from unrecognizable organizations) in the country blowing up my phone, sending me emails, and stuffing my mailbox full of paper. They know my name, my credit card balances and, presumably, the rest of my personal information. I guess this was disclosed to me somewhere in the terms, but give me a break. I'm considering changing my phone number it's gotten so bad. I feel like a piece of meat being thrown into a lions' den.

Lastly, all of these strangers are hurting my credit as they inquiry into my credit history. LendingTree told me that I would not be hurting my credit by seeing offers. I was merely curious; but make no mistake about it, you're applying for loans when you form an account at LendingTree. I would strongly advise you against signing up for LendingTree. If you're considering a loan for debt consolidation, I would approach well-known lenders individually and sparingly. Again – you will likely discover, as I did, that debt consolidation is a joke, and you're going to need to cut spending and pay off the balances with your current terms.

Original review: May 18, 2019

Top notch services from start to finish. Couldn't be more happy with the prompt and customer friendly attention I received. Thanks LendingTree for quick and hassle free customer service. Definitely will use again!!!

LendingTree expert review by Michele Lerner

This online broker allows consumers and businesses to request and compare customized loan offers from a network of more than 350 lenders, banks and credit partners. The company's lender network offers a wide range of financial products including mortgages.

• Simple online application: The online application allows potential borrowers to submit a single request that is sent to multiple lenders for evaluation. It is simple to complete and does not require any detailed financial information.

• Instant quotes: Qualified applicants receive personalized loan offers in minutes. All consumers can visit the website to see customized interest rates by filling out a short form that does not require any personal information.

• No credit score impact: Consumers can request quotes and evaluate their loan options without affecting their credit score.

• Free, no-obligation quotes: No-obligation quotes are free, and lenders do not require consumers to pay any upfront fees to guarantee loan offers. Interested consumers can compare quotes to find the best offer for their situation.

• Tools and resources: The website offers online tools and resources, including personal credit scores, to help consumers manage their finances and make informed financial decisions.

• Best for: individuals who want to compare loan offers from multiple lenders and those who want to learn more about the homebuying process.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

LendingTree Company Information