Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Amber,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so happy to hear about your experience.

Thank you!

Alyssa

Original review: June 8, 2016

Their customer support was amazing. They answered all my questions to my satisfaction and made me feel very safe getting a loan through them. The application process was simple and easy. I was able to do it without any difficulty and I don't foresee anyone else having problems with it. The rates and terms were great. There was a variety of options and I was able to see what I was getting before being locked into a rate. The online tools available were very helpful and convenient. I did not run into any problems using them and they worked well for my needs.

Hi Connie,

We are so glad to hear you were able to find what you needed! Thank you for letting us know!

Alyssa

Original review: March 24, 2016

I needed a personal unsecured loan and had tried my bank but their rate was high and I was not fully approved for the amount I needed. Lending Tree immediately gave me options I would never have dreamed about! It was a great experience and I am happy with my decision.

Hi Robert,

We are so happy to hear this! Should you ever need anything in the future please feel free to reach out to me directly at Alyssa.Schaefer@lendingtree.com.

Thanks!

Alyssa

Original review: March 22, 2016

We had a great experience. LendingTree hooked us up with the best lender for our needs. Just closed our new loan and very happy!

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for reaching out. While we always try to help you find the right solutions for your needs, the final approval and decisions are based on each individual lender. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to us at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com

Alyssa

Original review: March 25, 2017

Trying to get a loan, got in a jam, need help fast. They are trying to help me secure a loan, no luck yet, but they are trying hard for me. They have really tried and I appreciate them for it. They seem dedicated to their job. I didn't know what to do or where to go. Thankful for their help.

I took a chance to see if I could qualify for a personal loan and you sent me to Lending Club and VOILA! I am so thankful! The process was easy to complete and there was assistance available when I needed help or had a question. I will not hesitate to let my friends know about Lending Tree and Lending Club!

I really like this website. It was very quick and simple. It was not time consuming at all. It was awesome!! I will continue to use this website to continue to apply for loans because it was very quick, hassle free, it was great!! A lot of other companies should make their application as easy as this one. I am very happy.

Nobody pushes me to get this loan I need badly. I need to fix a few things in my house that needs repair very badly and plus I need to catch up on some of my rent and some bills are killing me. I need new floors and new bathroom tub and a new paint job though the whole house downstairs and upstairs.

Very simple process. Got approved in two days with low APY. Definitely recommend it. Best experience I had applying for a personal loan. Great service and the application status was awesome. I was able to consolidate my debt in one single payment. Definitely will continue using Lending Club/Lending Tree. Thank you for everything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?

Hi Donna,

Thank you for reaching out. Please email me directly at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and I can have a member of our Customer Care team reach out to you.

Alyssa

Original review: March 22, 2017

The experience (refinancing) has been fair in filling out the information. I haven't use this form before and it simple and self explanatory. I looking something that fit ours needs. We have a reversed mortgage. Not sure if you can work with that problem or not. Please contact us to let us know where we stand with you.

Website is easy to use and navigate. Absolutely love how simple it is to apply and to browse. I am also looking to use this loan as a way to upgrade/repair my credit by making on time payments. And hopefully this will be approved so we can get on top of life itself.

Very easy application. Nothing complicated about it. Thank you once again. Very quick. Time consuming, been at this for a week and finally tried you guys. Thanks. Will definitely use you again. Will recommend you to others and we'll got to pay this loan off and I'll be back than you.

Hi Brian,

Thank you for reaching out! If you are receiving unwanted calls or emails - please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and I will add you to our DNC list.

Thanks,

Alyssa

Original review: March 19, 2017

After giving all my personal information I am worried about the information being used as fraud!! I will have the opportunity to rent to own!! This was only to see other options!! Very dissatisfied with the results! I referred someone else and they were completely satisfied with them!! Hope they will help someone with similar interests!!! But thank you for your time!!

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for your kind response. We are happy you were able to find what you needed.

Thanks,

Alyssa

Original review: March 18, 2017

Lending tree has been very helpful in making it easy for me to ask and apply for a loan. It's been a satisfying experience. I wouldn't know how to go about applying for a loan without Lending Tree's assistance. I would like to take this time to give my thanks to Lending Tree.

Had a horrible credit score but with Lending Tree here they can get me in contact with a lender. Hope all goes well. I'm a first time home buyer and I need a house dearly. It's nice to know they are willing to work with me and try and get me into my own home.

This has been such a very easy process. I have some credit issues but I'm trying to fix that. Lending Tree tried everything they could to get me approved. I will be forever grateful for their assistance during this difficult time in my life. I had given up hope but with their help I was able to move forward and get back on my feet. This helped not just me but also my little daughter who could see my struggles on a daily basis.

I applied for a personal loan to pay off student loan debt. High responsiveness and quick loan disbursement. Main complaint - high APR and high fee (in my opinion). This personal loan will not only help with my student loan debt, it'll also help improve my credit score. Thank you.

Hi Derek,

Thank you for reaching out - I sincerely apologize for your experience. Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com with your phone number so I can personally be sure it is placed on our DNC list ASAP. I will also look into what happened previously.

Alyssa

Original review: March 14, 2017

Against my better judgment while on another website I filled out a mortgage rate estimate from a Lending Tree advertisement. The ad simply stated that if I filled out information, there would be no credit check but I would get an estimated refi rate. Well I did receive that as soon as I filled out my information.... then the calls, texts and emails started like an avalanche. I received over 4 calls per hour over the next 12 hours, all from random mortgage companies around the country. A few of them called literally every 3 minutes for about a dozen attempts. Not a great thing when I am on scene performing CPR on a patient while on duty as a firefighter. I must have my volume up while on duty as to receive communication from other department members so silencing was it an option.

As soon as I was able I contacted Lending Tree and advised them of the situation, the representative agreed that was inappropriate and promised to remove my name and number from any mailing/call lists. Well 6 hours later the calls, texts and emails were still pouring in. I called again, was told that it may take up to 48 hours for the change to take place. Well a month later I still receive several calls and emails per day. The mortgage companies are sneaking and the number id usually shows a local number but when I answer it is a solicitation from somewhere in another state. They obviously sold my information so I don't know how to stop this out of control train. I've had the same phone number for 10 years and never had a problem with phone solicitation as my number is registered on the do not call list. Beware!!!

It was a nice experience. No one rushing you and taking time to answer my questions. I was pleased with the manner in which they tested me not acting like it is my fault. I need a short loan... they were kind and courteous and said "yes ma’am", "no ma’am". All in all it was one of my better experiences with borrowing money. Thank you.

Would like to pay medical bills off and credit cards bills. I can better afford 1 monthly payment versus multiple payments. My overall balances are low but as a total they are too much for me to immediately pay off. I believe my payment history is almost perfect and I could afford the payment.

They did a good job of explaining everything in words the average person could understand. The best thing I can tell you is do not buy the first deal you get. Shop around. Your needs will probably be different than ours. Good luck.

Need the check for business purposes having to make a business that everybody will love, commitment to my success and attributes for customer satisfaction. Like they say my home is yours and you're welcome anytime. Plus apr is low and will successfully pay it off within 6 months so you can be satisfied and I will to and for further business I will propose new consultants to you that have money and will pay the apr your lenders have.

Hi Nik,

Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and I will be happy to add you to our DNC list!

Alyssa

Original review: March 11, 2017

I started investigating a loans and entered some basic information into the lendingtree website. I stopped short of completing the process, but had provided my phone number. I receive 5 phone calls in under 2 minutes from clicking cancel on their website inquiring about my interest. I did not give this company my consent to immediately broadcast my information, especially given that I cancelled out of their signup process! Their website doesn't offer much in the way of support. No real email address to contact, only a 1800 number, which is currently closed. The biggest problem is that they provide ZERO guidance and how to delete or cancel an account. If anyone from LendingTree is listening, I would be very grateful if you could help resolve this issue.

Fast, first class service, reasonable rates. They provided what they described. Sad that the competition sees the need to exaggerate and misrepresent what they offer. Not so with Lending Tree. No big problems that are brushed aside with some weak excuse. No bait and switch. No slight of hand. Just straight talk and realistic results.

Hi George,

Please email me directly at LendingTreeSocial@LendingtTree.com with more information. Was this through LendingTree or one of the lenders on our site?

Original review: March 10, 2017

Placed a phone call today at 3:00 PM (EST) to gather mortgage information for my 77 year old mother looking for a large credit line for a home owned free & clear. I advised Customer Service that I'm beginning the process of fact finding on my mother's behalf as I am in the industry; however, we don't offer credit lines. Customer Service agent was rude & refused to answer any questions without speaking with my mother? Bear in mind that NO application was ever generated and this was merely a fact finding general inquiry. *A service that ANY professional mortgage rep should be able to answer. VERY poor service! If you're a consumer looking to shop for best rate & term, it would be wise to look elsewhere!

Hi Randall,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for your experience! Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com so I can look into what may of happened.

Original review: March 10, 2017

I successfully completed the online application, but I was never contacted again by Lending Tree. Therefore, my experience with Lending Tree was unsatisfactory. I expected more from a highly rated organization. I spent my valuable time following the rules of Lending Tree, but was not accorded the respect to even receive a reply.

Hi Lance,

Thank you for reaching out. I sincerely apologize for your experience. We only share your information with up to 5 possible lenders, however they may call more than once and I understand that this can be overwhelming. Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and I will add you to our DNC list.

Original review: March 10, 2017

Lending Tree DOES NOT RESPECT YOUR PRIVACY. I received several unwanted phone calls IMMEDIATELY after entering my phone number in the process to get rates. I had not even finished inputting data like my social security number when my phone started ringing. Six calls from banks right away. At each step the website says Lending Tree respects my privacy and does not share my data without my permission. LENDING TREE LIES!! They sold my phone number to several banks immediately after I typed it in. UNETHICAL!! If you want dozens of unwanted sales calls, go ahead and give Lending Tree your phone number- try it, you'll see! Nightmare.

My experience during the entire loan process was very well executed, the service was greater than I expected to be with all the documents needed and how well the format was designed online was 100% perfection. I can express how happy I'm to be part of this organization and this relation will grow between us. Thanks Lending Tree for allowing me to grow as time permits to better my revenues and accounts. This will become the beginning of my career to grow. Thanks again for the awesome service and account executives for business and support.

My intention is to pay off all small debts. With just one loan co. pmt. This application was easy to read and questions were fair. It is my goal to alleviate small debts, with the end result being one pmt. Other than Rent, power, and groceries. Furthermore, to keep building and secure credit to excellent.

Hi John,

I am very sorry to hear this and about your experience. Please email me directly at lendingtreesocial@lendingtree.com so we can discuss this more. I would like to look into the issues you had personally.

Original review: March 9, 2017

We utilized the service of Lendingtree.com to find a competitive rate to refinance our mortgage. We were put in touch with a mortgage broker called LoanDepot. They botched processing our loan. It took them over two months to process our loan and caused our rate lock to expire. We will end up with a rate that is almost a full percentage point over what we locked at (through another lender of course). We spoke with five different manager at LoanDepot and not one could offer any explanation as to why our file took so long to process. We did not save anything by using Lending Tree!! Over the life of our loan, it will likely cost us tens of thousands of dollars because of LoanDepot.

We tried to get LendingTree to help resolve the issues with LoanDepot. The customer service manager, Bridget **, refused to take calls from us, she refused to return messages left for her, and she refused to respond to our email requests for assistance. Nice customer service department. One of the customer service representatives that we did speak to, told us it's not their problem what a lender does, "It's yours. We just get commissions for the referral." Think twice before using Lending Tree. We were put in touch with a very dishonest mortgage broker and it has cost us a lot. Lending Tree did nothing to help. We are going to file a complaint against LoanDepot with our State's Attorney Office. Again, think twice before using Lending Tree.

Hi Chris,

Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com so I can look into this further.

Original review: March 9, 2017

When I decided just see what rates I could get and being told by Lending Tree's sign up form that entering my last 4 digits will not be used for a credit pull and they did exact that, unauthorized then this is a crime on my privacy and credit score. Lending Tree is destroying people's credit scores on purpose. I will contact the 3 credit monitoring bureaus and report identity theft by Lending Tree.

Hi Willie,

Thank you for reaching out. Were you matched with these lenders through the LendingTree site? While LendingTree helps match you to possible lenders, the final decision and loan details are up to each individual lender.

Original review: March 9, 2017

The loan companies have denied all my applications. I am not satisfied with the loan companies' results especially why I have been denied so many times. And they kept asking me to apply for their loans. And that is where I am puzzle with the loans. And I believe there are other good services who are willing to help people to meet their needs.

I started college full time. As I was going to school. It became really expensive. I had to pause school, due to stress of all the bills I have to pay off. I did fill out few applications waiting on them to call back. Then my friend suggested that I should try and apply for Lending Tree. This was quick, easy, and right in front of me. I would like to say. Thank you!

Your explanation of things are very interesting. I love the way you guys break things down. I just wish you guys could loan me some cash and I can't believe how these hard inquiries have dropped my credit score so low. This is the very lowest my credit score had ever been. What can I do to raise my score. Please let me know. I hope April third brings better results. Thank You for the valuable info that you have been giving me.

Lending Tree Company Profile