2. Mortgages

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.44/5

LendingTree is an online loan marketplace that helps consumers compare various financial products and services. Answer a few questions on its website to have the company put you in touch with qualified lenders that serve your financial profile. Shop for mortgages, personal loans, credit cards and more in one place. This service is free, and LendingTree does not mark up rates.

BOTTOM LINE

LendingTree is an online marketplace that matches consumers with lenders that meet their specific needs. Its services are free, and comparing rates won’t affect your credit score.

PROS

• Comparing offers won’t hurt credit
  • Loans tailored to your situation

CONS

• Not all qualify for advertised rates

Top LendingTree Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?

I have been wanting a loan to consolidate my debt for a while and no one would give me a chance. LendingTree did and the whole process was fast and easy! I would highly recommend them. I’m so ecstatic to finally have all my credit cards paid off and have one simple payment instead!

Jailene was great to work with. Very considerate of my time and was very efficient! We had an answer that day for the loan, within the week the money was in our account. Very fast!! We were very impressed.

What is LendingTree?

LendingTree is a company that matches you with its network of lenders to provide multiple options for a loan. You can use LendingTree’s services to get up to five loan offers within five minutes. Its website helps you shop for a wide range of financial services, including:

• Mortgage loans
    • Personal loans
    • Business loans
    • Bank accounts
    • Credit cards
    • Student loans
    • Auto loans
    • Financial help

After answering a series of brief questions, you get matched with a list of lenders. Typically, you can apply online directly with the lender through links LendingTree provides. LendingTree's refinancing options let you compare lenders and rates available in your area. Each lender has different requirements for application, and you should have personal financial information like income, debts and assets ready when applying.

How much does LendingTree cost?

LendingTree is free to use. Interest rates differ depending on the lender and your credit score. If your credit score is 640, expect to pay an annual percentage rate (APR) of around 25% on personal loans on LendingTree. For 760 or higher, the average APR is around 10%.

Mortgage rates on LendingTree vary based on your location, home price and credit score. Mortgage lenders typically charge between 3% and 4.75% interest for a 30-year fixed-term loan.

LendingTree's refinance rates average 3.11% for a 15-year fixed FHA loan and 3.91% for a 30-year fixed FHA loan.

LendingTree FAQ

Where is LendingTree located?
    LendingTree's corporate headquarters is in Charlotte, North Carolina. The company offers services nationwide.
    Will LendingTree hurt my credit?
    When you complete a loan request, LendingTree pulls your credit report without affecting your credit score. When you apply for a loan or credit card, the lender conducts a hard inquiry into your credit history. This typically lowers your credit score several points, but you can recover by making on-time payments on your newly opened account.
    What credit score is needed for LendingTree?
    Lenders that partner with LendingTree typically require a credit score of 640 or higher. Some lenders might accept lower scores but charge higher interest rates.
    How long does it take to get money from LendingTree?
    Some of LendingTree's partners offer fast application processing, which means you might qualify for same-day funding.

Is LendingTree legit?

LendingTree offers a free loan comparison service for consumers that saves time and effort during research. It offers a wide array of services and loan types displayed on one website for convenient shopping. If you need a loan, LendingTree helps you quickly compare offers and find the best fit for your situation.

LendingTree Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

In researching best rates for home mortgages Lending Tree kept popping up as #1 in my search. I tried it and got multiple quotes that were what I thought "too good to be true." I like to do business with local companies so I called a few and they could not compete with the quotes I was getting. My number one recommendation from Lending Tree was North American Savings Bank. I called and spoke to Warren **. The quote I got was far better than Quickens or any local banks. I decided to go with NASB.

All through the process I kept waiting for additional fees to appear. They did not. I SAVED THOUSANDS IN CLOSING COSTS. I got the best interest rates with no points and no hidden fees. I closed on my loan December 31, 2019. I highly recommend Warren ** at NASB. He was professional, informative and very pleasant to deal with. The process was much easier than other mortgages companies I have used. He made sure we met our closing date even during Christmas holidays!!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I'd been trying to apply for a personal loan for a while. But I knew my credit took a toll a few years back and every time I tried applying I would get denied. I started using LendingTree's credit monitoring service along with other ones to see what was wrong with my credit. Saw few kinks I had to work out and after I had fixed this, tried applying one more time. I didn't expect that my score at 664 would do been for Avant loans. But to my surprise I finally, after 12 tries over the last three years was approved by them. Provided the required documentation and within 24 hours I received my money in my bank account. This is all thanks to monitoring my credit and fixing the issues found. Thank you LendingTree!!!

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I’ve got 3 dental procedures and my son’s wedding coming up. So I wanted to make sure I have all my bases covered with money. I was working with my bank, and it was one big hassle after another. I filled out the pre-application and the rate I got from LendingTree was 4 points lower than locally! I did run into an issue sending some documents but Dominic in Customer Service walked me thru it, and within 30 minutes, I got my approval. There were no hoops to jump thru, no hassle and it was easy! I explained a former financial hassle, and they didn’t care. My credit score has soared since. After I pay off my loan, this will only boost

it further! It is not a spam email. But real people on the other end that care. Dominic understood my hesitation and said, it’s off to underwriting, don’t worry. Wish I could buy a house this way!!!

Original review: July 30, 2019

Went to Lending Tree due to seeing advertisements for them. Due to some life stressors needed a quick, easy loan. I have been denied for loans in past but figured I'd give it a shot due to good payment history on a previous loans, etc and improved credit. The application for my needs was quick and easy through Lending Tree. They showed 2 options to apply for. Once I knew which payment plan would fit my needs better I completed the quick application and required documents. Once in review it took a brief period (about 1 day) to know if I was approved or not so I reached out to their ONLINE chat representative. Person I spoke with via chat was personable and was able to let me know I was approved, prior to it stating I was approved on the Lending tree customer portal. Once approved it took 2 business days and 2 weekend days to get my loan.

I liked that I was able to link my bank account right to Lending Tree to have the money deposited. They do deduct a small fee from money you receive. I requested $6,000 so my fee was $360. Only thing to be aware of just like many easy loan companies is interest rate. Lending Tree does offer a better but still high interest rate on their loans. I believe mine is 33.5% or something similar to that. This is much better than other loan agencies I have used. I also like you get the option to do automatic payments or pay by check. Overall I approve of Lending Tree and would recommend.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I contacted LendingTree for a very small loan. The list they provided was great and it only took a few minutes to compare, make my decision about who to go through, apply and be approved. That part was wonderful. I really didn't mind the first couple of calls from lending institutions wanting to give me a loan. Then a few days after securing my loan I received a call from Integra. I don't know who these people are. I never initiated contact with them. However they insisted that I verify my social security number so they could finalize my loan application.

After letting the person understand that I didn't have a loan application with them, they said I did and that I needed to verify my SSN # so they could either go forward with the loan or to withdraw it. They said that LendingTree initiated the loan application through them on my behalf. This is why I only give 4 stars. When the loan is approved by one of LendingTree institutions it should be automatically taken off the contact list. I also think that leaders should not be given my information without me initiating contact. Other than those little hiccups...it was easy and super quick. Thanks LendingTree...but please fix my concerns.

Original review: July 1, 2020

I used Lending Tree to identify possible mortgage refinance companies. In this respect the companies that were supplied were valid mortgage banking organizations. What I have issue with Lending Tree is their privacy policies. I don't know the details since we rarely read, in detail, the fine print but when I signed up in less than a day my email spam increased 400% and my telemarketing calls increased 500%; these volumes cannot be coincidental and over 95% of the spam was not mortgage related. I can't say it's totally on Lending Tree but if it occurred from the companies they promote/partner with then they should also be responsible for them. They're already making money from the bank that I will refinance with and if they're making money from selling my information that's not good business, in my opinion, as now I am letting people know what happened; coincidence or not.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I got an email I was approved for a personal loan from lending tree up to $8000. I signed the loan agreement for a $2000 loan and was told I had to put up a 5% security deposit because my credit score was below 700. Which would be $100. They wanted it in the form of eBay card or bitcoin atm deposit. I did the eBay card.

Saturday June 27, 2020 I got an email of wire transfer receipt to my bank account for $2000 from Apple Federal Credit Union. I was working with loan officer Dominic Leonetti from lending tree. My bank did not accept transfer until Monday and on Monday I still received no transfer and found out by looking online that there were dozens of reviews of people being scammed by lending tree and Apple Federal Credit Union does not work with lending tree and does not know a Dominic and did not do a wire transfer.

When I asked Dominic about this he claimed I breached my contract by claiming it was a scam and that lending tree didn’t trust me anymore and that he canceled the loan and transfer. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said he was the supervisor and could cancel any loan he wanted. He then said if I called again he would block my number. I have not received a refund for my $100 deposit as Dominic stated would be done and he will not return emails and my calls are blocked. He is totally unprofessional and rude and disrespectful. Lending Tree is a total SCAM. BEWARE.

Original review: June 25, 2020

I made the mistake of signing up for LendingTree to find a good rate on a HELOC (home equity line of credit). Before I even finished filling out their online forms my phone started ringing and emails and texts started. None of them were for a HELOC, only cash out refinances which I guess make the lender more money but is not what I wanted. DON'T DO IT, you will be bombarded with hungry loan people bugging you for several days or longer.

Original review: June 4, 2020

WORSE COMPANY EVER!! I was furloughed from my job due to COVID-10 and I contacted Lending Tree first about their payment. Before I could even GET my unemployment check, they put a "comment" on all 3 of my credit bureaus with the following statement: STUDENT LOAN IN DEFERMENT DUE TO NATURAL DISASTER. I have been a customer of this company for almost 2 years; first and LAST time customer for sure. Never missed my $973 payment one time since I became a customer. I am in the middle of moving my family of 5 to another rental property but because LendingTree put this "comment" on my credit report, I was DENIED in the final contract process and after 3 hours on the phone, a LendingTree supervisor REFUSED to remove the comment stating that "well they are not supposed to be doing that, so take it up with them directly". Now with no place to move my family, we are out of options.

Original review: May 27, 2020

I was disappointed in myself (mainly because I knew better). I had heard 30 yr fixed interest rates had dropped. So I did a search online for the latest rates and LendingTree.com popped up and said to enter a few details to get my rate. I entered the details and when I clicked submit, my phone started ringing off the hook. It hasn't stopped since I filled it out yesterday. I should have known that it was just a marketing ploy and that it wasn't giving me rates... Lending Tree was sending all of my information to lenders all over the USA and they have all called me in the last 24 hours (more than once).

I am complaining because when a site says they are giving you rates... then do just that. Instead, I never got a rate, but a list of finance companies to call. Ha ha. Me? Call? Uh, no, I haven't been able to use my phone to order a pizza because I am inundated with random unknown numbers of lenders. If I wanted to blast my information to everyone in the finance industry, I would have clicked a link that said "Please send my info to everyone". But I didn't click that link. I clicked "Show my rate" and I still have not received anything with a rate. This is the kind of stuff that makes people HATE online marketeers. Not cool.

LendingTree Company Information