Call toll free
Show rating distribution
Call toll free

LendingTree

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LendingTree is an online loan shopping marketplace where consumers can connect directly with lenders for all kinds of financial borrowing needs. LendingTree functions in a similar way to travel, hotel and other online comparison shopping sites by letting consumers compare multiple offers from an industry-wide network so they can find the best deal that is right for them. Loan types include mortgage loans, mortgage refinances, auto loans, personal loans, business loans, student refinances, credit cards and more.

LendingTree Video

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 11, 2017

1043 LendingTree Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Experience was easy to follow. Easy access to site. I would come back. And recommend a friend or family member. You offer low rates, good choice, many offers. Staff members are knowledgeable about the company. Again I would recommend your company. I prefer to file a application online but you have offices all over.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

LendingTree is awesome. I will be sure to tell my family and friends about LendingTree an really helpful would recommend for anyone in need of financial help. I really wish I knew about LendingTree a lot sooner. All in all I'm very happy with the services offered!

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I put all my info online and got a message back saying you could not verify my info and could not help me at this time. That was not helpful. That is awful customer service after I spent my time entering all my info. I have no idea why others give you a decent rating. My experience makes me think you are a scam.

LendingTree response

Hi Virginia, thank you for reaching out and providing this feedback. Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com so we can look into this further.

Alyssa

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I'm in serious need of a loan. I was told him the truth was a great place to help people in the world that needs things to move forward in life. I'm hoping that Lending Tree can help me in my time again and find a way for me to get a great loan to get me out of debt. I will recommend Lending Tree to anyone that is looking forward to getting yourself out of debt and move forward in life. This has been a great experience and looking forward to a great outcome. I couldn't recommend a better place or site to help get people through their troubling times.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Getting a home equity loan through these people has been a nightmare. So far it has taken us 93 days on a house that has no liens on it at all. Paid in full. We have jumped through hoop after hoop and we still have not closed, borrowing 60,000.00 against 250,000.00. Do not use these people. Save yourself time and effort.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for reaching out. While LendingTree helps match you to possible lenders, the loan process and details are up to the individual lender you chose. Please feel free to email us at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com with any questions or concerns.

Alyssa

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Filling out this loan application was easy and fast. I would recommend this to all my family and friends. I need this loan for bills and to get my kids clothes and some divorce procedure and just to get back on my feet after my divorce. This loan will really help me out.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Great help. I really appreciate this info and the useful tools provided, but especially the fact it's all so easily acquired. Truly is a beneficial tool for those of us who weren't the best with our credit in the past. Takes a lot of the painstaking work out of rebuilding and maintaining credit. Thanks so very much.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I would like a loan for a few reasons to pay on some bills, get tires and rims for my car, get plates for my car and get my teeth fixed so I can get another job, pay on the loan in a timely manner. I in the future be able to get a bigger loan for a house of my own. This would be so nice and you have been very helpful to me. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I don't know my account number but this has been a fantastic experience. It is the best report I've ever seen. I hope I can see it again next month or sooner. I was so very impressed. I would definitely recommend this to friends and family. Thanks for such a good report

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Professional and I'm glad I have a chance to work with them. Harry happy with the way they were going on and helping me and will tell more of my friends about them. Very very easy to get a lift off my shoulders and I am never going to go to the store and I will be at the house at **.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I understand I have bad credit but I came here looking for a loan to buy my house and got nothing. My credit score was a 517 which I was told they could work with but I got nothing instead. Why lead me on if you could not help in the first place. I work hard to just lead on.

Hi Angela,

Thank you for reaching out. Please email us at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com with more information!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I'm in the process of researching for a refinance and there are so many companies, rates, tricks, gimmicks, rules and "gotchas". Thought I'd try Lending Tree so at least I could narrow viable companies with rates to compare and maybe some transparency. Instead, after giving unnecessary personal information, I get four company names that I call. No rates, terms, conditions, caveats, etc. I could have just called these companies directly. I don't see the value other than my email box will now be full with spam.

Hi David,

Thank you for reaching out. Please email us at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com with more information. Also, if you are receiving unwanted emails let us know and we can add you to our DNC list.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I really need this loan. I done all to get the money I need so if you send me this I will stand by my word and do my best. Thanks for doing this. I never had to ask everything in my life but I need to get ahead and so I can myself to where I need to be.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I filled out a form on Lending Tree to get information about home equity loans. I immediately was bombarded with spam calls, including over 30 from one number (after about 20, I finally got a moment between calls to block it, but it still keeps calling). I have blocked about 10 numbers so far, I think. This is NOT what I expected. Do these people think anyone will do business with them when they behave this way?

Hi Florence,

Thank you for reaching out - we sincerely apologize. Please email us at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and we can add you to our DNC list.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I have several bills spaced out that I would like to consolidate into one payment. I have no other bills. Cars paid for, house paid for, so no problems paying. Just don't want to get spaced out and would like to improve my credit score. At the same time I would like to start a business very soon and would need a loan to do that so I'm going to need help with that.

LendingTree response

Hi Billy - please visit www.lendingtree.com or email us at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and we can connect you with one of our CustomerCare team members.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I had filled out a few applications online for a debt consolidation loan. I do not have very good credit. I was contacted by Lending Tree saying I was approved for a 10,000 loan. I replied and said I did not need/want that much. 5000 would be wonderful!... After talking with Mark ** on Thursday last week I had to get 200 to help "process" the loan. He said it would be reimbursed. BUT he wanted it in the form of two 100 iTunes cards. I knew I should have told him where to go at that point. But I was in dire need of the money. After I got him his iTunes cards he said I would have to send another 200 in cash to them before they would release the funds. I said No. Then he said they would wire money into my account and when I received it I had to send it back to them. Then they would give me my loan. What a scam. He said the money would be in the account today or tomorrow... Gee Guess what? Nope!

LendingTree response

Hi Stacey - LendingTree does not offer loans in our name. LendingTree matches consumers with lenders. No one from LendingTree will ever ask for money or gift cards. Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com with any additional information or questions you may have.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Very prompt and helpful in finding someone to lead me to capital I needed. Thank you so much Lending Tree for your help and services. Will definitely be using you again. Will also be recommend your company to my friends and family members that are in need. Thank you again.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

Lending scam! - The website says they will let you compare loans! But as soon as you give them info the calls start! If you want to be inundated with call give them your info! But there is no side by side comparison that I could find!

Hi Harold,

Thank you for reaching out. You can look at rates through the link below, however please keep in mind that these are not personalized rates as they do not require you to input any personal information.

Also, please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and I will be happy to add you to our DNC list!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

They said my credit score would not go down. The offers I got were higher rates than what I am paying now and they want money upfront. I had to turn off my phone and will probably change my phone # & email address. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Hi Deborah,

Please email us at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and we can add you to our DNC list!

Alyssa

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Thank you for considering my application. I would really appreciate your confederation and getting me approve. I have had a very hard time and I really appreciate it due to the fact that I'm trying to accomplish and succeed to get ahead to pay-off on my debts so that I can have a peace of mind. And like that I only have to pay only one lender instead of all the little people... Thank you once again.

Insufficient response received
    Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

After more than 3 days of going back and forth with a Lending Tree "professional" she tells me my best bet is to rent a year and then try for a loan later. Because we are transferring to a new state and we will need to find new employment. Wow, really. That is your best advice for a couple that has a guaranteed minimum income of $80,000 (if my wife gave up being a registered nurse and I closed my retirement gun business), the option to use a VA backing, $60,000 in investments, $35,000 in savings, a rental income, my credit score of 767 and hers of 797, after they pulled them. Seems to me I had someone with a lack of knowledge helping me or buying a home became extremely difficult. Either way, contacting Lending Tree was pointless and I can't even get back the credit score points they stole from us by wasting our time.

Hi Josh,

Thank you for reaching out. Was this information from a LendingTree employee or from a lender you were matched with?

Insufficient response received
    Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

This was a decent site to use to find information about a loan. I'm looking for a small loan that could be paid off in a reasonable time and it seems this site may be able to accommodate my needs. Hopefully the money comes within a reasonable time frame.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

Was looking for refinancing my home and never received any response. Could someone contact me about this. We have been looking for help for about 5 years now. I know our credit scores are low, they have not always been like this. I was off work for 2 months and things started to go downhill from there. So we could really use some help. I hope you will consider helping us. We are just a couple trying to live the American Dream.

Hi Marcelyn,

Please email us at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com so we can learn more about your situation. Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

From what I read in complaints, Lending Tree sends out many requests to many lenders once you supply your info with them. Most of us need to be careful with our credit scores in order to obtain loans. I just read someone claimed he had 6 lenders who had done hard credit inquiries on him. BOOM! Down goes your credit score quickly. For most people, one additional credit inquiry will take less than five points off their FICO Scores. 25 or 30 points off your score could make a big difference in obtaining credit.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I enjoy the way you help to get the loan for me. I know when you are ready to loan when I get the information to me. All will be on, I can only hope that the Lord will bless and help in the future. It's almost done. Just keep it up to see the best information about the loan.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I just wanted a peek at what my potential auto loan rate would be for an estimated amount. I had ZERO intention of actually applying for a loan or buying a car at this time. NOWHERE along the way in this research process did Lending Tree say they were ACTUALLY applying for a loan on my behalf!! They made it seem like I was only receiving info on the rate. I NEVER approved submitting a loan applications and Lending Tree NEVER disclosed that this casual research would trigger a hard inquiry!! And you can now also sprinkle on 3-5 spam robo calls a day regarding my car, an auto loan, warranty, or some other auto related scam. AVOID.

Hi Daniel,

Alyssa

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Easy to use and happy to help with the mortgage process. I look forward to the results. How many offer we get was amazing. The interest rates were extremely low and it did not matter your credit score is. I am moving across country and I have been approved.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I never place my cell phone number online. If a company asks, I just stop the application. I only give it directly to a bank or other institution. I made an exception and since then have had 2 IRS scams, several calls for automobile warranties, home warranties and just now I apparently "won a $20,000" grant. Also, the lenders that contacted me were headhunters, making suggestions that I remove my name from Lending Tree, so I "would not be bothered by other lenders" I read it as "so I won't have competition from other lenders." I never had any problems with this type of call until I submitted the application. I will never do something like this again.

The actual offers? These were not the best offers, more like haggling in a bazaar. When I declined an offer, the next day they said the rate had dropped overnight (no changes in prime rates that day). When I said I needed 4 days (weekend and Monday, to check things out), I was still called and pressured daily to ask if I had made a decision. I know everyone is trying to make money, I accept that, but Lending Tree and their lenders abuse the opportunity. Good words? The new lender calls stopped just over 24 hours after I called Lending Tree and asked to be put on the do not call list. The phishing calls did not.

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for reaching out and we apologize for your experience. If you don't mind, could you email me more details around your experience along with Lender names and details? LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com.

Alyssa

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

Very highly recommend your company. Thank you Sheri. You have me a lot letting me know how and WHERE to go and who to talk to. Your site is easy to follow. I really needed your help for some time. I wish I had done it this early. Just didn't know and who to talk to. Thank you for your help.

Insufficient response received
    Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Like I said before, I hope they're these credit people that rates people like they're doing me for the past 4 weeks to not let me get a car. I hope they want something one day and I got control of it, will see if they ever get control of anything. I'll treat them like I do me. I ain't done anything wrong in 8 years, no bad credit, nothing. They hold that against me. Call someone else. Stole my identity. Tim ** and Sarah ** is the ones that done it. I know. I can prove it.

Hi Jerry,

Please email us at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com with more information.

LendingTree Company Information