toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Amber,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so happy to hear about your experience.

Thank you!

Alyssa

Original review: June 8, 2016

Their customer support was amazing. They answered all my questions to my satisfaction and made me feel very safe getting a loan through them. The application process was simple and easy. I was able to do it without any difficulty and I don't foresee anyone else having problems with it. The rates and terms were great. There was a variety of options and I was able to see what I was getting before being locked into a rate. The online tools available were very helpful and convenient. I did not run into any problems using them and they worked well for my needs.

Hi Connie,

We are so glad to hear you were able to find what you needed! Thank you for letting us know!

Alyssa

Original review: March 24, 2016

I needed a personal unsecured loan and had tried my bank but their rate was high and I was not fully approved for the amount I needed. Lending Tree immediately gave me options I would never have dreamed about! It was a great experience and I am happy with my decision.

Hi Robert,

We are so happy to hear this! Should you ever need anything in the future please feel free to reach out to me directly at Alyssa.Schaefer@lendingtree.com.

Thanks!

Alyssa

Original review: March 22, 2016

We had a great experience. LendingTree hooked us up with the best lender for our needs. Just closed our new loan and very happy!

Very helpful in providing info. Taught a old dog a new trick. Very insightful. I feel much more confident with this option for me. Feel better informed to make the right decision for myself and my family. Even received credit score and financial recommendations that I can use to better my financial standing.

I do not have a account with this company but I'm trying to Attain one. I have poor credit but trying to start One. I'm widow trying to get a second chance with credit. Retired and need a small loan of 300.00 dollars. If you trust I will pay the loan back in a timely Manner.

Insufficient response received

I owe a couple of doctor bills from about three years ago. I also have a loan that I owe, but I was cut off my ssi and disability. If you could help me to get all this taken care of, you don't know what that would mean to me. I'm trying to get a new life again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I need this loan to start fixing up some property that my mom left me when she died but that was back in 1994, my other brother has took over everything. I find out my mom had a will but my older brother don't think we know about it, so I need to pay for a lawyer so then I can become a administrator over. The property we have is just falling apart. I need to take control of the apartments we have because my brother is not doing anything for the apartments, he just keep collecting the rent and doing nothing for the apartments, the money is going in his pocket. He is suppose to share that among with the other siblings but he not.

Would recommend to a friend, very easy to use and very helpful. Quick and painless I am very pleased with my experience. Didn't think it would be such a fast easy experience. I am pleasantly surprised and looking forward to my future with this company. They have a great format and helpful customer service. I will recommend to as many people as I can.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?

Hi Justin,

Thank you for providing this feedback. Please email me at LendingtreeSocial@Lendingtree.com so we can look into this further.

Alyssa

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

Needed a loan for business and it keeps telling me it cannot access my account. And to ask to rate an app that you can't use is just crazy. Why would anyone give you a good rating after that? And to have to rate before you can even move forward before you can see if you can even use the service is again unhelpful to the customer as well as the site.

HI Johnny,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com so I can look into this further.

Alyssa

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

Can't stop emails from Lending Tree. Started receiving emails awhile back to someone named "Tawnya". "Tawnya you can save money on balance transfers" etc. Evidently Tawnya filled out something online and made up an email address and that email address turned out to be mine. I called Lending Tree and was told the email would be removed and I would not receive any more of the emails. I continued to receive them. I clicked on the unsubscribe in the email and a window popped up telling me I had been unsubscribed from all emails. I continued to receive them. I did the 'unsubscribe' again and now I continue to get emails from Lending Tree. They just don't have the name Tawnya on them anymore. Please stop sending me emails. I'm not interested.

Hi Daniel,

I'm very sorry for your experience. While most of our products only do a soft credit pull, our autos product is one that does a hard pull. However, all hard pulls made within the same time frame will be lumped together as one pull. Please feel free to reach out to me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com for any additional questions.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

First of all, don't fill out your information if you do not want at least six new inquiries on your credit bureaus. The site guided me to "check rates" for auto refinancing and according to the site, I had to fill out my info in order to see what rates were available. I thought I was only going to get a range of what was available through the lenders they work with, not actual credit inquiries. Nowhere did I fill out my full social security number, nor check a box, or click a button where I agreed to let Lending Tree check my credit and automatically send my info to other lenders to check my credit on their own to make offer determinations.

I now have six new inquiries on at least one of my credit bureaus before I even decided on what lender I wanted to move forward with. I'm sure this caused my score to lower somewhat. Don't use this service if you don't want multiple hard inquiries on your credit bureaus before you even get a chance to select the companies you want to work with.

Hi James,

I sincerely apologize for your experience. Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and I can add you to our DNC list.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Constant calls at all hours, even though loan not with any help from them was completed. No apologies from people who when we respond to call just hang up on us. They should have checked and updated their records that loan was completed. I don't know of any account requirement offered or given but they are the only company I recall for loan info.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I would like you to lend me money and pay in a short time possible. Thanks. Am a truck driver and I will relocating to my employer town if I get the money. I am very hard worker and am sure I will pay the money on time. Thank you in advance.

Hi Mario,

I'm very sorry for your experience. While LendingTree helps match you to possible lenders, the loan details and process is up to the individual lender you choose. Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com with more information so I can look into this further.

Alyssa

Original review: July 30, 2017

Credit Karma is partially responsible. I have a credit score of 752 and applied for a personal loan with Lending Tree which was recommended from Credit Karma site saying I was approved. Well apparently I got declined once I filled in my full info. I have been getting multiple harassing phone calls from predator lenders every day for the last 22 months. They lie without shame and done over 80 illegal inquiries on my credit report, many times they call they don't even say anything, they just hang up. Horrible disgusting experience.

Hi J -

Thank you for reaching out and I apologize for your experience. Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and I can add you to our DNC list.

Alyssa

Original review: July 29, 2017

I was shopping for a loan and made the mistake of checking on Lending Tree. I was apprehensive and should have followed my gut. Now, I'm getting about 6 to 8 calls per day. It would probably be a higher number but I keep blocking numbers as they come in. And, I'm getting emails that acknowledge that they know I've blocked them. Do they think that an email will make their annoying and incessant calling ok? Stay away unless you are lonely and have lots of time to accept call after call.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Looking to own a nice home and be happy I never went this way for help so. It feels good trying new things and helping myself for the better. Thanks for everything for trying to help a woman that's trying to better my life and start off fresh.

Lending Tree

Hi Jerry - Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com with additional details so we can look into this.

Alyssa

Original review: July 26, 2017

Since transition could not find my credit score, I was rejected. I belong to Equifax and my credit score is automatically updated. Maybe you should check Equifax before rejecting potential clients? Obviously you don't need new customers and would rather spend your marketing money on expensive TV ads rather than have customers come to you at almost no cost!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I would definitely recommend a friend to apply here. My loan process was very fair and easy to follow. All questions were easily answered and easy to follow. I only wish I would have been accepted. Hopefully they will be able to guide me to one that will help me. Thank you for all your help. I desperately need this loan right now and hope there is one out there that will help me in this process.

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your feedback. I will pass this along to our team. Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com if you have any further questions/concerns.

Alyssa

Original review: July 19, 2017

I inquired about refinancing a home equity loan. I was told to call Quicken and Lending Depot for offers. Neither place offered home equity loan refinancing. They insisted on pitching me a mortgage refinancing with high closing costs.

After signing up, I looked into my account settings and found my primary email address was not mine! It belonged to someone who I didn't know. I had to call up Lending Tree to have my account canceled. They didn't know why that email address was there and had no explanation of how it got there. If you do decide to sign up at least look to make sure you are the person on the account and not someone else.

Hi Mish,

Thank you for reaching out. Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com so I can look into this ASAP. Please include the number you dialed for customer service.

Alyssa

Original review: July 15, 2017

Completing an online form and they requested my phone number, I hit enter and they robo-called me. I went back to check no where did it say they would call. A rep put me on hold to get another rep, "Sara" who I asked if she could speak to my husband since I was busy. She said only if he's on the loan. When I said no he's not, but I'm busy, she just hung up the phone. No call back time, no SORRY FOR BOTHERING YOU SINCE YOU DIDN'T ASK TO BE CALLED, nothing. Lending Tree's customer service is disgusting, and don't call people if we don't ask to be called.

Hi Anita,

Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com with more information so we can look into this.

Alyssa

Original review: July 13, 2017

Saying they were having trouble checking things on out things on me. I have a home that is paid for and can't seem to even get not even half of what my home is worth, I am 69 and cannot seem to get any help with this matter???

Hi Sally,

Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and I can add you to our DNC list! To view rates you can go to the link below where you do not have to enter in any personal information. Just keep in mind that these are estimated rates, not personal rates since you have not input any personal information.

Original review: July 11, 2017

Went there because they say you will be able to see your rates... doesn't happen! I have received at least 30 phone calls from mortgage lenders in 24 hours which is driving me crazy! So it is very misleading when they see you can see your rates because you can't - I will no longer do business with Lending Tree! Wish I could stop the bloody calls - when will they stop???

Hi Lisa,

Original review: July 11, 2017

I didn't even finish filling out my information when my cell phone starting getting slammed with calls. I instantly closed out of the site without even finishing the inquiry. It has been 5 hours and my phone has not stopped ringing with calls from telemarketing loan sites. I am so disgusted. I may have to change my phone number. This is ridiculous.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It is a very nice experience, it is fast and easy. It is pain free. I'm needing a LOAN to pay off some rent so I can catch up and get back on track. This is gonna help out a lot. So glad that this is a very nice experience that you provide.

Insufficient response received

I would love to give a 5 star rating but I haven't gotten approved yet. Once I'm approved and the money is in my account I will come back to give 5 stars... I hear they approve everyone. Guess I'll find out soon enough. I know I could sure use it. We will see...

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Lending Club is very professional. The only thing is it may take longer than you are expecting. You need to be patience. I requested $24.000 and I was approved for all the amount with a great interest. It took 3 weeks to received the money in my bank. The FICO for this type of amount should be over 680, mine was just 735. Keep in mind your credit report and score before apply.

Lending Tree is the easiest way to get a loan and check your credit score. Thank you for the service. Will always use any time I need a loan or refinance. Thank you again. Will tell a friend to use Lending Tree any time they are looking for a loan or refinance

Hi Dave,

I sincerely apologize for your experience. Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and I will add you to our DNC list.

Original review: July 2, 2017

I filled out the info and ended up with no info from you. You wasted my time! Do not contact me or send me junk emails. You scammed me for my personal information. I can't stand when companies lie just to spam people with phone calls and emails. Thanks for nothing.

Hi Katherine,

Thank you for your review. Please let us know what we can do to earn a 5 star review from you in the future.

Original review: July 2, 2017

It was a good experience with you guys. I didn't have any type of issues filling out the areas that were given to me. I am looking for a personal loan and am looking forward to hearing back from you guys whether I get approved or denied. Hope you guys have a good day. Enjoy. Thank you so much for your time.

Hi Karen,

Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com with more information so we can look into this ASAP.

Alyssa

Original review: July 1, 2017

I have out the credit card form before last week and two companies charged me $140 each with other fees and cost me a total of $479. How do you get FREE out of that and how do I get my money back. I think when they say free it should be free. I went to my bank bookkeeping and that's where I got my information. I bank in Picayune MS. I had to cancel my card because of this. Now I will not be able to use one because it will take 2 weeks to get a new one.

Insufficient response received

I do not remember any problems in the past at all with Lending Tree. We do not usually hang out in the bottom of the barrel with our credit transactions. We have had a horrible 2016/17 but are using our funds to pull ourselves out. Lending Tree can help us with this loan.

Hi Alexis,

Thank you for reaching out. I sincerely apologize for your experience. Please email me directly at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com so I can look into this.

Alyssa

Original review: June 30, 2017

I have a credit inquiry from a place I've never heard from that they sold my information to. They were not helpful on the phone and sold my personal information. They were not helpful and the customer service agent, Damion or Drew, was very ignorant. When I called them, I had to beg for a supervisor and had to wait for them to call. Their website indicates that they are a soft pull, then that if you decide to accept an offer, it's a hard pull. However I didn't accept any offers and they sold my information instead and I now have a hard pull. Go to a bank, the internet website is shady. Very shady. I got little help from the company that pulled my credit.

Lending Tree Company Profile