Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Amber,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so happy to hear about your experience.

Thank you!

Alyssa

Original review: June 8, 2016

Their customer support was amazing. They answered all my questions to my satisfaction and made me feel very safe getting a loan through them. The application process was simple and easy. I was able to do it without any difficulty and I don't foresee anyone else having problems with it. The rates and terms were great. There was a variety of options and I was able to see what I was getting before being locked into a rate. The online tools available were very helpful and convenient. I did not run into any problems using them and they worked well for my needs.

Hi Connie,

We are so glad to hear you were able to find what you needed! Thank you for letting us know!

Alyssa

Original review: March 24, 2016

I needed a personal unsecured loan and had tried my bank but their rate was high and I was not fully approved for the amount I needed. Lending Tree immediately gave me options I would never have dreamed about! It was a great experience and I am happy with my decision.

Hi Robert,

We are so happy to hear this! Should you ever need anything in the future please feel free to reach out to me directly at Alyssa.Schaefer@lendingtree.com.

Thanks!

Alyssa

Original review: March 22, 2016

We had a great experience. LendingTree hooked us up with the best lender for our needs. Just closed our new loan and very happy!

I want to pay my credit card. I own 3 credit card right now. I want to paid off at this time. I want to borrow this money to paid off my credit card at this time. I promise I will pay you back monthly. I hope you will give me to borrow this money to resolve this problem.

The whole process was very easy and took less time for me to drink a cup of coffee. The customer service rep that I contacted was very knowledgeable and honest. They made the whole process much less of a headache. The application process was so easy that I just had to fill out forms only one time and did not have to complete the process which was less time-consuming. The online tools also seemed very user-friendly and looked a lot easier than most as well. This was my first loan and the rates and terms were about average to other sites. I also like that the lenders come to you and you do not have to apply with each one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?

Excellent customer service. The agents are very helpful and friendly. With their knowledge and level of helpfulness, the application process was very simple. Also, all of the online tools were extremely helpful and made it faster and easier to complete the application. Any questions I may have had were easily solved by these tools or the customer service agents. The questions and forms were straightforward and easy to answer. Adding to that, the rates and terms are excellent. Although it depends on your level of credit, the rates are still lower than expected. The terms were also very agreeable.

Hi Laurie,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and I can look into this for you.

Alyssa

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

I went through the process to refinance and the page that came up was completely blank. It only had Lending Tree down on the very bottom of the page. I did not get a response from Lending Tree regarding whether or not I am eligible for a loan. I look very forward to being able to refinance and I have been doing very well with paying my mortgage on time. I went through a rough patch, but have been doing so much better.

Hi Robert,

Thank you very much for the great feedback! We are happy to hear about your experience!

Alyssa

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

Lending Tree is a great company with great customer service and excellent customer communication. Their customer support is second to none. The applications are easy to understand and not at all hard to fill out. If you have any trouble their support staff will gladly help with any problems. They have outstanding rates that cannot be beat and great terms that anyone can meet. The online tools they offer are very easy to understand and use. They have very affordable options and I would definitely recommend them to anyone needing a loan.

I thought I was down on my luck, but Lending Tree was there for me and they got the job done. The application process was very simple and direct. It was very easy to use and understand. I like the format and the ease of the application process as I am very busy. Their online tools were very good, helpful with calculation before the loans, reliable and very user-friendly. It sure takes the confusion out of the things and provides a decent amount of transparency. The rates were very reasonable too. I was wondering how I could afford to pay this back but they are pretty good at keeping my payments down and giving me time. I would highly recommend them to my peers and colleagues.

Hi Douglas,

Thank you for reaching out. Can you please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and explain what happened when you went to our page?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

Up until now not very good. You shut me down and kick me off your page! And that really hurts me when you won't consider me as customer!!! Hell my SS will pay back the loan of $1500 that will get my business restarted after being in the hospital for 2 months after a bitter divorce that left me without a thing but bills that ran over me like a bulldozer!!!

Hi Sue,

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you were able to find what you needed!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

Application was an easy process. The rates and terms were easy to follow, and they were competitive with other banks. Moreover, a business loan has many possible questions and they answered all my questions. I would recommend using them for a business loan.

Thanks Lending Tree for helping me get a loan in a fast and very self-explanatory matter. I would recommend Lending Tree to all my family and friends. I look towards doing business with y'all in the future. I have not one negative comment to say about Lending Tree. Thank you!!!

No complaints with the people I dealt with. I usually had bit of a wait time which was kinda annoying but they were friendly and answered all my questions. I didn't run into any problems with applications. This part was kinda easy and straightforward. Got it submitted with no issues. The rates and terms were within reason and no different from other places I look into including banks etc. I was happy with Lending Tree. I got loan and everything is automatically deducted from my accounts and it shows up on my bank statements straightforward to me.

Not a bad experience. I guess I had the impression walking into this that it would take a day or two to complete the process. My experience was far from that, but still fairly easy to navigate what was needed to complete the loan process. I hope they post this so that people do understand that it's not as easy as most of the other reviews make it seem.

Factual basis uncertain

For home improvement I bought a camper and that is what I live in and I'm needing to do some repairs on it so that I can live in it. That is why I am trying to get a loan so I can do the repairs to it. I get paid once a month on the third day of the month. I have not tried to get a loan through y'all and thanks.

I was terrified to start my own business but knew what I wanted to do with my life. The customer support was there for me each and every step of the way. They worked with me to find my best options and make things as easy and not scary as possible. The initial application process done online was quick and easy. All follow-up were just as simple. It was a quick and painless process from start to finish. The website and online tools are amazingly simple to use and make keeping up with your account an amazingly simple process. I'm not the most tech savvy but even I can do it. The rates and terms are definitely competitive. I got the best rates I could have possibly gotten and they are definitely worth talking to for your business loan needs.

Lending Tree is recommended by a blog that I always read. My friends and families recommended this too and tried their services and they ultimately loved it. Lending Tree has a 24 hour service in both website and in the phone that will help me assist with my application. They have a very easy and reliable website which is user-friendly and easy to navigate and understand the terms. It secures data securely. They also have 3% APR rate which is very reasonable. I also like their customer service that's very reliable. Overall I love to do business with them because approval rate is fast and convenient.

You service was excellent. I got my load via Discover very quickly out of several options for the loan. I am very happy with your help. Enclosed is my new email address which supersedes the previous email address of my friend who helped me find the loan through you. Many thanks.

The process from start to finish went smooth and seamless. The interest rates are much better than I have expected them to be, and the loan was in my account in around a week or so. I definitely will recommend Lending Tree to my family and friends. Thank you Lending Tree!

This was a wonderfully simple and straightforward experience on our loan closing. All done online with simple and easy to follow steps. A few days later, money is direct deposited into account. Could not have been easier and more stress free way to apply for and get approved for a loan. Thank you Lending Tree for this simple process and lending experience.

Helpful and kind people that promised me much green and said it'll be fast and they were right. My free money came in hard and fast as promised. Great rates at near zero and great terms leaving me almost not liable.

Customer support is great. The people who work customer support go out of their way to make sure everything is fine and they make sure everything makes you happy. It takes a little bit of time for your application to go through but after that everything went well. Rates and terms went well also. The company stays true to their word on whatever the rates and terms are. The online tools are helpful because it really has everything you need to help you. They have every answer to every possible question you might have.

Lending Tree was very easy to apply through for my business loan. They were very accommodating and walked us through each step of the loan application process. They kept us in the loop of all details. They also answered all my questions and gave me good direction. They were very hands on and accessible through the whole process. My application process was successful without any problems and we were able to get a decent rate for our business loan. We were happy with the terms, which included no obligations or hitches, no hidden fees, no collateral, auto payments, and fixed payback terms. With the online tools for Lending Tree, you are able to track your loan application through each step of the process. You can also contact representatives and get live chat and real-time feedback.

The application process was a tad bit complicated. It seemed like some of the questions tend to ramble on and repeat itself. With the help of someone on the phone it was easier than I thought to finish the application process. My rates and terms were a little higher than expected. Basically wanted 4 years and I applied and hoped for something lower than what I got but I was satisfied. They gave me referrals and online tools and techniques to be able to handle it. They handled all of my needs great. I cannot express the gratitude I show for them.

The loan application, process time, and information relayed back to me was very complete. Information requirements were minimal, and response time was very quick. I was surprised how easy and simple this process was compared to going to a local financial institution. I have been working a lot of hours, so the ease of going through this process on line, and on my schedule, was very helpful.

Hi Cody,

The only product that has a hard credit pull is our auto loan product. Also, when loan shopping, credit bureaus consider hard pulls for the same type of loan in a short time period as one credit pull versus multiple. So, if the consumer finds a loan within 30 days, the inquiries won’t affect the FICO Score while the consumer is rate-shopping. Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and we can look into this further.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I looked up auto refinancing and was brought to LendingTree. I read their FAQ which states they do a soft credit inquiry which does not impact credit scores. I filled out the information requested about my car, current loan, and personal income and was shown lenders which might work for me. I did not enter my social security number or actually apply for a loan but was notified via Experian that a hard inquiry was pulled by Roadloans. I called them and was told I was denied due to my car not being 2010 or newer. They said they wouldn't have even pulled my report once they got my vehicle info, so Lendingtree had made the inquiry on their behalf. Lendingtree told me that I authorized them to make a hard inquiry by inputting the last 4 of my social to confirm my identity. The FAQ clearly states they make a soft inquiry, but that was not the case.

Also, wouldn't Lendingtree know the baseline requirements for a lender (year, mileage, etc) before even referring a consumer to a lender? They had all of that info and still referred me to a lender that would not have worked for my vehicle. I've called around and tried to get the inquiry removed and was just spoken to rudely and told that I'm out of luck. Not cool.

Hi Mark,

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

Followed an offer on lendingtree.com to see how much I pre-qualified for an auto loan. They stated that it would not have an impact on my credit report since it was a "softy inquiry." I did not provide my full social security number, only the last 4. Received multiple pre-qualified offers. Notice on my credit report that they were "HARD" inquiries from the lenders without my authorization.

Great process, easy and fast funding. It will help us get back on track. Highly recommended. The easy loan process and approval was so quick. The funding was in our account fast. We will definitely recommend to our friends and family. We will use in the future if the need arises.

Insufficient response received

So far not bad. I thank you so much. They are trying to find me a personal loan, if I can get approved on this one. I just enough to get away from my extremely annoying neighbors for at least for one night. I only need enough to get some major stuff. Thank you.

I wanted to pay off my high interest credit cards, because the monthly payments don't seem to make a dent in the total debt owed. The online process was so simple and I thought too good to be true! I requested the amount I wanted. I had my choice of interest rates, monthly payments and length of the loan. I received my direct deposit within 5 days. My cards have been paid off and the interest rate on the loan is half of my credit card APR.

Lending Tree Company Profile