2. Mortgages

View Rates
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.94/5
Based on 1,480 ratings submitted in the last year

LendingTree is an online loan marketplace that helps you compare various financial products and services. Answer a few questions on its website to have the company put you in touch with qualified lenders that serve your financial profile. Shop for mortgages, personal loans, credit cards and more all in one place. The service is free and doesn’t affect your credit score.

BOTTOM LINE

LendingTree is an online marketplace that matches potential borrowers with lenders that meet their specific needs. Its services are free, and comparing rates won’t affect your credit score.

PROS
  • Sign-up is free
  • Comparing offers doesn’t hurt credit
  • Loans tailored to your situation
CONS
  • Not all qualify for advertised rates
  • Might send you ads after sign-up

Top LendingTree Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?

… The entire process went smooth and was quick. Eric followed up with me immediately when items were needed and walked me through the entire process. He was very professional and knowledgeable. I would definitely use LendingTree again and will most certainly recommend them…

LendingTree made it quick and easy to get me the best rate on a unsecured loan. The rate I received was almost half of what I would have got if going to the lender directly. That saved me over $150 on the monthly payment!

LendingTree View Rates

LendingTree products

What is LendingTree?

LendingTree is an online company that matches you with its extensive network of lenders to provide multiple options for a loan based on your financial situation. Shop for home loans, personal loans, credit cards, insurance, debt relief, auto loans, business loans, debt consolidation, credit repair and more. After receiving loan offers, shoppers can compare loans side by side or contact loan officers to negotiate rates. Personal loan amounts range from $1,000 to $50,000, and certain lenders might be able to fund the loan in as little as 48 hours.

Sign up for a free LendingTree account to check your credit score. The company also suggests ways to improve your credit score and informs you of loans that can beat your current rates. LendingTree also has various types of loan calculators to help you figure out your options for mortgages, whether you should rent or buy and how to deal with other financial situations.

How does LendingTree work?

LendingTree matches you with up to five loan offers within five minutes. Its website helps you shop for a wide range of financial services, including those related to:

• Mortgage loans
  • Personal loans
  • Business loans
  • Bank accounts
  • Credit cards
  • Student loans
  • Auto loans

After answering a series of brief questions, you get matched with a list of lenders. Typically, you can apply online, directly with the lender, through links LendingTree provides.

LendingTree's refinancing options let you compare lenders and rates available in your area. Each lender has different requirements for application, and you should have personal financial information like income, debts and assets ready when applying.

LendingTree rates

LendingTree’s service is free. Personal loan rates from LendingTree partners differ based on the lender. The lender will charge a rate based on your credit score — for example, a personal loan from Citizens Bank has a rate between 6.49% and 19.49% APR as of publishing.

Borrowers can save .5% with automatic payments.

LendingTree FAQ

Where is LendingTree located?
LendingTree's corporate headquarters is in Charlotte, North Carolina. The company offers services nationwide.
Will LendingTree hurt my credit?
When you complete a loan request, LendingTree pulls your credit report without affecting your credit score. When you apply for a loan or credit card, the lender conducts a hard inquiry into your credit history. This typically lowers your credit score by several points, but you can recover by making on-time payments on your newly opened account.
How long does it take to get money from LendingTree?
Some of LendingTree's partners offer fast application processing, which means you might qualify for funding within 48 hours of approval.
Is LendingTree a bank?
LendingTree is not a bank. The company partners with banks to provide loan offers to shoppers.
Does LendingTree do personal loans?
LendingTree has options for personal loans. It compares companies with loan types including debt consolidation, unsecured loans, holiday loans, pool loans, dental loans and emergency loans.
Does LendingTree offer home equity loans?
LendingTree lets shoppers compare options for home equity loans and home equity lines of credit (HELOC). You can also shop by home type, such as multifamily, single-family, townhouse, condo or manufactured.
Does LendingTree do USDA loans?
Yes, LendingTree partners with lenders that offer USDA loans.

Is LendingTree legit?

Yes. LendingTree offers a free loan comparison service that saves potential borrowers time and effort as they research lenders. It offers a wide array of services and loan types, all of which are displayed on one website for convenient shopping. If you need a loan, LendingTree can help you quickly compare offers and find the best fit for your situation.

LendingTree Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?

Original review: April 8, 2021

Clint ** helped me to refinance my car loan. He was very patient with my never-ending questions and was always professional and helpful. He was not pushy or salesy in any way. I would definitely recommend their services for your financial needs.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I found the right mortgage lender using LendingTree. I will go to them in the future before I search for a company on my own. Perfect place to shop, compare rates and speak to potential Lenders. Both were legit with excellent ratings. Two out of the three companies contacted me within hours based to start the preapproval process. Great company.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I really don't know what to expect from this. I just started my account and now waiting on response. I heard that this is one of the best ways to get a loan for important things in life you may need so I'm very anxious to see what's in store.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

Blowing my phone up!! Just wanted little info and regret giving my email and cell!! Don't give yours! I have had no less than 10 calls in 2 hours from putting my cell in the LendingTree website when getting loan info. I will not use Lending Tree for any loans... they obviously sell your info!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

Excellent credit score and moderate/high income. Rate approved from PenFed 2.89% for 40k vs 5.6% as proposed from Lending Tree. Understood that this is not their loan offering, but the fact that they can not pull together competitive offers (low 3% for Chase offer) shows that this is likely an enterprise that functions largely off of advertising connections. Essentially it is useless. Disappointed I wasted a credit check on this.

Original review: July 1, 2020

I used Lending Tree to identify possible mortgage refinance companies. In this respect the companies that were supplied were valid mortgage banking organizations. What I have issue with Lending Tree is their privacy policies. I don't know the details since we rarely read, in detail, the fine print but when I signed up in less than a day my email spam increased 400% and my telemarketing calls increased 500%; these volumes cannot be coincidental and over 95% of the spam was not mortgage related. I can't say it's totally on Lending Tree but if it occurred from the companies they promote/partner with then they should also be responsible for them. They're already making money from the bank that I will refinance with and if they're making money from selling my information that's not good business, in my opinion, as now I am letting people know what happened; coincidence or not.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I got an email I was approved for a personal loan from lending tree up to $8000. I signed the loan agreement for a $2000 loan and was told I had to put up a 5% security deposit because my credit score was below 700. Which would be $100. They wanted it in the form of eBay card or bitcoin atm deposit. I did the eBay card.

Saturday June 27, 2020 I got an email of wire transfer receipt to my bank account for $2000 from Apple Federal Credit Union. I was working with loan officer Dominic Leonetti from lending tree. My bank did not accept transfer until Monday and on Monday I still received no transfer and found out by looking online that there were dozens of reviews of people being scammed by lending tree and Apple Federal Credit Union does not work with lending tree and does not know a Dominic and did not do a wire transfer.

When I asked Dominic about this he claimed I breached my contract by claiming it was a scam and that lending tree didn’t trust me anymore and that he canceled the loan and transfer. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said he was the supervisor and could cancel any loan he wanted. He then said if I called again he would block my number. I have not received a refund for my $100 deposit as Dominic stated would be done and he will not return emails and my calls are blocked. He is totally unprofessional and rude and disrespectful. Lending Tree is a total SCAM. BEWARE.

Original review: June 25, 2020

I made the mistake of signing up for LendingTree to find a good rate on a HELOC (home equity line of credit). Before I even finished filling out their online forms my phone started ringing and emails and texts started. None of them were for a HELOC, only cash out refinances which I guess make the lender more money but is not what I wanted. DON'T DO IT, you will be bombarded with hungry loan people bugging you for several days or longer.

Original review: June 4, 2020

WORSE COMPANY EVER!! I was furloughed from my job due to COVID-10 and I contacted Lending Tree first about their payment. Before I could even GET my unemployment check, they put a "comment" on all 3 of my credit bureaus with the following statement: STUDENT LOAN IN DEFERMENT DUE TO NATURAL DISASTER. I have been a customer of this company for almost 2 years; first and LAST time customer for sure. Never missed my $973 payment one time since I became a customer. I am in the middle of moving my family of 5 to another rental property but because LendingTree put this "comment" on my credit report, I was DENIED in the final contract process and after 3 hours on the phone, a LendingTree supervisor REFUSED to remove the comment stating that "well they are not supposed to be doing that, so take it up with them directly". Now with no place to move my family, we are out of options.

Original review: May 27, 2020

I was disappointed in myself (mainly because I knew better). I had heard 30 yr fixed interest rates had dropped. So I did a search online for the latest rates and LendingTree.com popped up and said to enter a few details to get my rate. I entered the details and when I clicked submit, my phone started ringing off the hook. It hasn't stopped since I filled it out yesterday. I should have known that it was just a marketing ploy and that it wasn't giving me rates... Lending Tree was sending all of my information to lenders all over the USA and they have all called me in the last 24 hours (more than once).

I am complaining because when a site says they are giving you rates... then do just that. Instead, I never got a rate, but a list of finance companies to call. Ha ha. Me? Call? Uh, no, I haven't been able to use my phone to order a pizza because I am inundated with random unknown numbers of lenders. If I wanted to blast my information to everyone in the finance industry, I would have clicked a link that said "Please send my info to everyone". But I didn't click that link. I clicked "Show my rate" and I still have not received anything with a rate. This is the kind of stuff that makes people HATE online marketeers. Not cool.

LendingTree Company Information