2. Mortgages

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.68/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

LendingTree is an online loan shopping marketplace where consumers can connect directly with lenders for all kinds of financial borrowing needs. LendingTree functions in a similar way to travel, hotel and other online comparison shopping sites by letting consumers compare multiple offers from an industry-wide network so they can find the best deal that is right for them. Loan types include mortgage loans, mortgage refinances, auto loans, personal loans, business loans, student refinances, credit cards and more.

LendingTree Reviews

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

In researching best rates for home mortgages Lending Tree kept popping up as #1 in my search. I tried it and got multiple quotes that were what I thought "too good to be true." I like to do business with local companies so I called a few and they could not compete with the quotes I was getting. My number one recommendation from Lending Tree was North American Savings Bank. I called and spoke to Warren **. The quote I got was far better than Quickens or any local banks. I decided to go with NASB.

All through the process I kept waiting for additional fees to appear. They did not. I SAVED THOUSANDS IN CLOSING COSTS. I got the best interest rates with no points and no hidden fees. I closed on my loan December 31, 2019. I highly recommend Warren ** at NASB. He was professional, informative and very pleasant to deal with. The process was much easier than other mortgages companies I have used. He made sure we met our closing date even during Christmas holidays!!

Original review: July 30, 2019

Went to Lending Tree due to seeing advertisements for them. Due to some life stressors needed a quick, easy loan. I have been denied for loans in past but figured I'd give it a shot due to good payment history on a previous loans, etc and improved credit. The application for my needs was quick and easy through Lending Tree. They showed 2 options to apply for. Once I knew which payment plan would fit my needs better I completed the quick application and required documents. Once in review it took a brief period (about 1 day) to know if I was approved or not so I reached out to their ONLINE chat representative. Person I spoke with via chat was personable and was able to let me know I was approved, prior to it stating I was approved on the Lending tree customer portal. Once approved it took 2 business days and 2 weekend days to get my loan.

I liked that I was able to link my bank account right to Lending Tree to have the money deposited. They do deduct a small fee from money you receive. I requested $6,000 so my fee was $360. Only thing to be aware of just like many easy loan companies is interest rate. Lending Tree does offer a better but still high interest rate on their loans. I believe mine is 33.5% or something similar to that. This is much better than other loan agencies I have used. I also like you get the option to do automatic payments or pay by check. Overall I approve of Lending Tree and would recommend.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I contacted LendingTree for a very small loan. The list they provided was great and it only took a few minutes to compare, make my decision about who to go through, apply and be approved. That part was wonderful. I really didn't mind the first couple of calls from lending institutions wanting to give me a loan. Then a few days after securing my loan I received a call from Integra. I don't know who these people are. I never initiated contact with them. However they insisted that I verify my social security number so they could finalize my loan application.

After letting the person understand that I didn't have a loan application with them, they said I did and that I needed to verify my SSN # so they could either go forward with the loan or to withdraw it. They said that LendingTree initiated the loan application through them on my behalf. This is why I only give 4 stars. When the loan is approved by one of LendingTree institutions it should be automatically taken off the contact list. I also think that leaders should not be given my information without me initiating contact. Other than those little hiccups...it was easy and super quick. Thanks LendingTree...but please fix my concerns.

Original review: May 14, 2019

This is the second time that we have secured a personal loan through LendingTree to give us the financial capability to upgrade living conditions in and around our home. Our first loan we were in serious need for help on closing costs and furniture. LendingTree found us a company willing to help us. The interest rate was not the best and the monthly payment was costly but affordable in our budget. We paid off that loan in two years. Our credit score has improved well due to following a strict budget and not falling further in debt.

We decided that we needed a lump sum to improve the outside of our home and didn't want to use credit card financing to obtain the desired amount necessary. So, we tried LendingTree a second time and we were very pleased to see the amount of lenders willing to offer us a loan, with decent A.P.R.s and lengthier payment options to keep our payments budget friendly. This may be the last time we use LendingTree but as our credit score/FICO score continues to increase, LendingTree's lengthy list of willing lenders, provides us with lots of competitive options. It feels good to have financial institutions looking to secure a loan for you. LendingTree has been there for us even during the financially rough times.

Original review: March 9, 2019

For months I had been looking for a loan to consolidate my debt. My criteria was pretty basic, I wanted it to be a term of 36 months or less and a net APR less than what I was currently paying. Being that the debt I wanted was less than 10k the short term was easy to find, but because I was still in the process of rebuilding my credit I could not find a lower APR, especially once you included the "administration" fee that every lender was going to charge. The fee that every lender I found charged, meant first that if I needed $5,000 I would have to borrow $5,250 (I would get 5,000 and the lender would keep 250 for the fee). Second, the fee raised my APR from 25% to an effective rate of 30%, which was much higher than the average current rate I was already paying.

Because all the offers I was getting no matter which lender I tried was pretty much the same, I was close to giving up, so when I discovered LendingTree. It was probably my last attempt to consolidate my debt, at least until I raised my credit score to the next tier. LendingTree found me a lender with No fees and a lower APR, the term is only 24 months and the payment is less than half of what I was paying before.

The only reason I am giving them 4 stars instead of 5, is because when I initially ran the search for lenders on their Android app all the results were of companies offering terms similar to the ones I talked about earlier. It wasn't until I tried the search again on their website that the company that I selected appeared as an option. I applied for the loan, 20 minutes later someone called because they needed more info, which I immediately sent. About an hour after that I got an email saying I was approved, went online to review the terms and electronically sign the docs and the money was in my accounts the next day. (The company even sent some of the money directly to my credit card companies.) Overall great experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I have been wanting a loan to consolidate my debt for a while and no one would give me a chance. LendingTree did and the whole process was fast and easy! I would highly recommend them. I’m so ecstatic to finally have all my credit cards paid off and have one simple payment instead!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Great source for comparison of rates/terms with Lenders. Immediate response, no waiting. Professional and you make the choice. Lenders available at direct lines for questions. Lenders suggested terms for comparison rates of your query are maintained for finalization.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

The process for finding potential loan providers was super simple and quick from start to finish with Lending Tree. We did not have to provide a ton of personal information, and we received 10+ offers in minutes. The offers were from a wide range of lenders from banks and other lending institutions. We were able to see loan terms, interest rates, and other pertinent facts w/o even clicking on any of the offers. The offers included low interest, low payments, higher interest, higher payments, larger amounts, and smaller amounts. So, finding a loan that fit our payment, interest, and term needs was simple.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Overall Lending Tree directed me to Lending Club, which in turn, approved my loan quickly and stress free. Lending Tree made the search for a good loan company much easier and honestly, then some other high pressure search companies.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I have "good" credit and wanted to pay off my credit cards and also wanted a loan to help in the process of obtaining "excellent" credit. They showed me different options online of what my payments would be if I chose 3 years, 5 years, etc. to repay my loan. I chose the best option for me, applied online, was notified that I was approved and the money was in my checking account within a couple of days. I really like that didn't have to take time off work to go to a bank or loan company in person to apply.

Not sure about LendingTree?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right mortgage company for you.

LendingTree expert review by Michele Lerner

This online broker allows consumers and businesses to request and compare customized loan offers from a network of more than 350 lenders, banks and credit partners. The company's lender network offers a wide range of financial products including mortgages.

• Simple online application: The online application allows potential borrowers to submit a single request that is sent to multiple lenders for evaluation. It is simple to complete and does not require any detailed financial information.

• Instant quotes: Qualified applicants receive personalized loan offers in minutes. All consumers can visit the website to see customized interest rates by filling out a short form that does not require any personal information.

• No credit score impact: Consumers can request quotes and evaluate their loan options without affecting their credit score.

• Free, no-obligation quotes: No-obligation quotes are free, and lenders do not require consumers to pay any upfront fees to guarantee loan offers. Interested consumers can compare quotes to find the best offer for their situation.

• Tools and resources: The website offers online tools and resources, including personal credit scores, to help consumers manage their finances and make informed financial decisions.

• Best for: individuals who want to compare loan offers from multiple lenders and those who want to learn more about the homebuying process.

by Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

LendingTree Company Information