Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Mortgages

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.65/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

LendingTree is an online loan marketplace that helps consumers compare various financial products and services. Answer a few questions on its website to have the company put you in touch with qualified lenders that serve your financial profile. Shop for mortgages, personal loans, credit cards and more in one place. This service is free, and LendingTree does not mark up rates.

BOTTOM LINE

LendingTree is an online marketplace that matches consumers with lenders that meet their specific needs. Its services are free, and comparing rates won’t affect your credit score.

PROS

• Comparing offers won’t hurt credit
    • Loans tailored to your situation

CONS

• Not all qualify for advertised rates

Top LendingTree Reviews

I have been wanting a loan to consolidate my debt for a while and no one would give me a chance. LendingTree did and the whole process was fast and easy! I would highly recommend them. I’m so ecstatic to finally have all my credit cards paid off and have one simple payment instead!

Jailene was great to work with. Very considerate of my time and was very efficient! We had an answer that day for the loan, within the week the money was in our account. Very fast!! We were very impressed.

What is LendingTree?

LendingTree is a company that matches you with its network of lenders to provide multiple options for a loan. You can use LendingTree’s services to get up to five loan offers within five minutes. Its website helps you shop for a wide range of financial services, including:

• Mortgage loans
        • Personal loans
        • Business loans
        • Bank accounts
        • Credit cards
        • Student loans
        • Auto loans
        • Financial help

After answering a series of brief questions, you get matched with a list of lenders. Typically, you can apply online directly with the lender through links LendingTree provides. LendingTree's refinancing options let you compare lenders and rates available in your area. Each lender has different requirements for application, and you should have personal financial information like income, debts and assets ready when applying.

How much does LendingTree cost?

LendingTree is free to use. Interest rates differ depending on the lender and your credit score. If your credit score is 640, expect to pay an annual percentage rate (APR) of around 25% on personal loans on LendingTree. For 760 or higher, the average APR is around 10%.

Mortgage rates on LendingTree vary based on your location, home price and credit score. Mortgage lenders typically charge between 3% and 4.75% interest for a 30-year fixed-term loan.

LendingTree's refinance rates average 3.11% for a 15-year fixed FHA loan and 3.91% for a 30-year fixed FHA loan.

LendingTree FAQ

Where is LendingTree located?
        LendingTree's corporate headquarters is in Charlotte, North Carolina. The company offers services nationwide.
        Will LendingTree hurt my credit?
        When you complete a loan request, LendingTree pulls your credit report without affecting your credit score. When you apply for a loan or credit card, the lender conducts a hard inquiry into your credit history. This typically lowers your credit score several points, but you can recover by making on-time payments on your newly opened account.
        What credit score is needed for LendingTree?
        Lenders that partner with LendingTree typically require a credit score of 640 or higher. Some lenders might accept lower scores but charge higher interest rates.
        How long does it take to get money from LendingTree?
        Some of LendingTree's partners offer fast application processing, which means you might qualify for same-day funding.

Is LendingTree legit?

LendingTree offers a free loan comparison service for consumers that saves time and effort during research. It offers a wide array of services and loan types displayed on one website for convenient shopping. If you need a loan, LendingTree helps you quickly compare offers and find the best fit for your situation.

LendingTree Reviews

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

In researching best rates for home mortgages Lending Tree kept popping up as #1 in my search. I tried it and got multiple quotes that were what I thought "too good to be true." I like to do business with local companies so I called a few and they could not compete with the quotes I was getting. My number one recommendation from Lending Tree was North American Savings Bank. I called and spoke to Warren **. The quote I got was far better than Quickens or any local banks. I decided to go with NASB.

All through the process I kept waiting for additional fees to appear. They did not. I SAVED THOUSANDS IN CLOSING COSTS. I got the best interest rates with no points and no hidden fees. I closed on my loan December 31, 2019. I highly recommend Warren ** at NASB. He was professional, informative and very pleasant to deal with. The process was much easier than other mortgages companies I have used. He made sure we met our closing date even during Christmas holidays!!

Original review: July 30, 2019

Went to Lending Tree due to seeing advertisements for them. Due to some life stressors needed a quick, easy loan. I have been denied for loans in past but figured I'd give it a shot due to good payment history on a previous loans, etc and improved credit. The application for my needs was quick and easy through Lending Tree. They showed 2 options to apply for. Once I knew which payment plan would fit my needs better I completed the quick application and required documents. Once in review it took a brief period (about 1 day) to know if I was approved or not so I reached out to their ONLINE chat representative. Person I spoke with via chat was personable and was able to let me know I was approved, prior to it stating I was approved on the Lending tree customer portal. Once approved it took 2 business days and 2 weekend days to get my loan.

I liked that I was able to link my bank account right to Lending Tree to have the money deposited. They do deduct a small fee from money you receive. I requested $6,000 so my fee was $360. Only thing to be aware of just like many easy loan companies is interest rate. Lending Tree does offer a better but still high interest rate on their loans. I believe mine is 33.5% or something similar to that. This is much better than other loan agencies I have used. I also like you get the option to do automatic payments or pay by check. Overall I approve of Lending Tree and would recommend.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I contacted LendingTree for a very small loan. The list they provided was great and it only took a few minutes to compare, make my decision about who to go through, apply and be approved. That part was wonderful. I really didn't mind the first couple of calls from lending institutions wanting to give me a loan. Then a few days after securing my loan I received a call from Integra. I don't know who these people are. I never initiated contact with them. However they insisted that I verify my social security number so they could finalize my loan application.

After letting the person understand that I didn't have a loan application with them, they said I did and that I needed to verify my SSN # so they could either go forward with the loan or to withdraw it. They said that LendingTree initiated the loan application through them on my behalf. This is why I only give 4 stars. When the loan is approved by one of LendingTree institutions it should be automatically taken off the contact list. I also think that leaders should not be given my information without me initiating contact. Other than those little hiccups...it was easy and super quick. Thanks LendingTree...but please fix my concerns.

Original review: June 27, 2019

I’ve never done business using an Internet Service before and was skeptical at first but thought it wouldn’t hurt to give it a try. I answered a few quick questions and next thing you know I have multiple offers from different lenders. I went through and reviewed them all and decided on one lender based off of their reviews and the multiple options. I chose an option from SoFi lending. I was still skeptical thinking they would play the old bait and switch routine. Not at all. They sent me to a link where I answered a few more questions and my rate actually came back lower. They then sent any link where all I had to do was take a picture of the front and back of my driver's license and it automatically uploaded to the application. It was very easy to upload documents and within minutes my loan was approved and funded. The smoothest process ever for a loan....

Original review: May 14, 2019

This is the second time that we have secured a personal loan through LendingTree to give us the financial capability to upgrade living conditions in and around our home. Our first loan we were in serious need for help on closing costs and furniture. LendingTree found us a company willing to help us. The interest rate was not the best and the monthly payment was costly but affordable in our budget. We paid off that loan in two years. Our credit score has improved well due to following a strict budget and not falling further in debt.

We decided that we needed a lump sum to improve the outside of our home and didn't want to use credit card financing to obtain the desired amount necessary. So, we tried LendingTree a second time and we were very pleased to see the amount of lenders willing to offer us a loan, with decent A.P.R.s and lengthier payment options to keep our payments budget friendly. This may be the last time we use LendingTree but as our credit score/FICO score continues to increase, LendingTree's lengthy list of willing lenders, provides us with lots of competitive options. It feels good to have financial institutions looking to secure a loan for you. LendingTree has been there for us even during the financially rough times.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?

Original review: March 18, 2020

I applied on Lending Tree. Beware! Lee ** called me and took my application and then promised me 3.85 on a refi. Sent me the paperwork which was floating. Not locked in even though paperwork said locked in. I signed all my paperwork online and he never would answer the phone afterwards. Three days, 16 calls, 5 emails later nothing. I give up. Now the rates for refinance are 2 % more. He knew exactly what he was doing. This person lied to me and I am elderly. I will be following up with everyone and anyone that I can. I was taken advantage of and now the rates are sky high.

Original review: March 16, 2020

Their website will data mine you to death and then when you hit SUBMIT it WON'T give you any quotes!! JERKS!!! Then they will flood you with ads after ads from their partners. NEVER EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!! THEY ARE JUST A MARKETING COMPANY THAT SELLS OFF YOUR INFORMATION!!!!

Original review: March 10, 2020

The application process was very fast and very simple. No long pages of paperwork and forms to be filled out. Did not have to upload bank statements or income verification because it was already available online for LendingTree. Received my loan very quickly. (It took less than one week and my cards were paid off and the leftover money was in my bank account.) Would recommend to anyone needing to consolidate credit cards and also needing a little extra cash for whatever.

Original review: March 5, 2020

I liked the ease of the application, the interest rate and terms of service offered, the expedience of the funding, and I would recommend Lending Tree to family and friends. Extremely pleased customer here!

Original review: March 1, 2020

I requested a loan through Lending Tree to help with moving costs when I sell my house. I had the loan within 3 days. The process was fast, efficient and convenient. I would recommend lending tree to anyone.

LendingTree Company Information