3.00/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LendingTree is an online loan shopping marketplace where consumers can connect directly with lenders for all kinds of financial borrowing needs. LendingTree functions in a similar way to travel, hotel and other online comparison shopping sites by letting consumers compare multiple offers from an industry-wide network so they can find the best deal that is right for them. Loan types include mortgage loans, mortgage refinances, auto loans, personal loans, business loans, student refinances, credit cards and more.

LendingTree Video
View More View More

1305 LendingTree Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 18, 2019

Loan selections were fair and varied, process was not complicated. Service was simple and fast, I was able to secure 2 different loans and receive funds within 48 hours. Would use again and recommend to others.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Make the call on Monday and the sales associate was kind and knowledgeable about what I was asking. Guide me through all the steps and yesterday I received an email saying, "Congratulations you are approved!!" So happy I choose LendingTree!!

Original review: April 17, 2019

I was looking for a personal loan to consolidate some bills. LendingTree asked me a few questions to analyze my needs and provided me with a comprehensive list of Personal Loan vendors. The list was filled with the most pertinent information required for me to select the loan most suited to meet my needs. Their site is easy to use with menus that are intuitive and easy to understand. This should be the first place to look for anyone considering a loan.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I have a huge credit card debt issue. The bank I have been with for 25 years would not help. There was no end for me. LendingTree helped me through Lending Club and gave me the loan to pay off 22000 in credit card debt. I won't even have to log in and pay the loan, they take it out of my bank account. In 5 years I will be debt free (except for my student loan). I encourage others that think there is no way to get out of debt to apply and look at the terms they offer. I was surprised and they gave me hope. Truly, I was not in a good place emotionally when I didn't think I would ever pay off my debt. LendingTree/Lending Club gave me the faith to keep going and not give up.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I am extremely happy and grateful to LendingTree for the prompt service they provided for my recent loan application. The application process was simple and streamlined and I received only one phone call throughout the entire process. I would highly recommend LendingTree to anyone looking for a personal loan for bill consolidation and other purposes.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?

Original review: April 12, 2019

LendingTree made it easy to request and get a debt consolidation loan that we really needed. The people there were helpful and understanding. My spouse is in the beginning stages or early onset Alzheimer's and they had to ask her personal security questions and I was not allowed to help her and she said they were very nice to her and understanding.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I went to LendingTree in the hope of finding the best rate for a home equity loan. The list they generated weren't even for home equity loans, and the one that was had an above market interest rate. It was a total waste of my time. But the worst part is that they sold all of my info to these companies! I have been harassed since I used LendingTree. I miss 4 calls every 2 hours from 3 different companies all day long. And now they're texting me. It hasn't even been a week and I have blocked 89 phone calls. That's just insane. Beware - I'm sure what they're doing was buried somewhere in the legal jargon. If you have any idea how to get off these lists please let me know. I blocked the calls and texts but then they just call from another number. It's driving me insane.

Original review: April 9, 2019

34 calls within 24 hours of SIMPLY trying to get a list of rates and lenders to POTENTIALLY refi. DO NOT enter information or you will not be able to stop the calls. Emails from random lenders also started appearing. All calls were from the surrounding 3 area codes, so the entire premise is based on deception in order to get an answer. Zero stars not an option.

Original review: April 9, 2019

LendingTree provided me with the best bank that gave me the interest rate that I was looking for. I searched and looked at many other companies that offer loans but LendingTree found me the best one that suit my needs. I am very satisfied with this experience and I highly recommend them, Thank you. - Cristina

Original review: April 8, 2019

I have heard great things about LendingTree. I hope that you can help my husband get back on our feet. My health gets in the way sometimes but we try really hard to pay our bills. It would be such a blessing to be able to pay off some bills to take some of the burden off of us.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I have been researching various loan types and lines of credit for my mom. She is in assisted living and needs to rent out her house to create income. It is a very nice waterfront property and newly renovated. We are having no problems leasing it as a corporate rental. She owns the property outright, no mortgage. However, in order to be prepared for any future major maintenance or repairs, we wanted to either take out a home equity line of credit, use a cash out refinance, or home equity loan to have maybe $50-$80k available.

Well this person from LendingTree called me up and STARTED the conversation by yelling at me that she couldn't help me with that. I tried to get a word in edgewise to ask if it was the amount, the situation, or both and she just kept going on and on at me about how this wasn't going to work, etc. No idea why SHE called ME to bombard me with verbal abuse.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Made an mortgage inquiry with Lending Tree. Their "offers" were all above market rates, and a waste of time. But the worst part is that apparently they give out your name, email, and phone number to any lender who wants it, and we're now getting numerous repeated calls that won't stop. SHAME ON YOU, LENDINGTREE! NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: April 4, 2019

They literally ask for every single piece of personal information you could think of. They even take your whole social security number. I put in a fake last four digits then they asked for a complete one and I faked it as well, but they accepted it. This leads me to believe they deny all last 4 digits so they can receive your full SSN. Completely stupid service you could get anywhere else without entering any personal information. At the end they did not even tell me how much interest I would pay on a loan, just referred me to their partners for that sweet affiliate money and sold off all of my fake information. Nice job LendingTree, you're running a completely unethical company.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I can’t recommend enough that if you're looking for any type of loan for debt consolidation, auto loan, mortgage etc etc you go to LendingTree. Their customer care agents are very knowledgeable, friendly, helpful and patient. The online application is a very quick and easy process. They will show you many offers from several financial institutions and work very hard to get you the loan you want at terms you will be very pleased with. I have two separate loans with them and I’ve recommended them to several of my friends, family and colleagues and they too are now customers. I’d also just like to say thank you to LendingTree for being there when I needed some assistance. Their service was a huge relief for me and one less thing on my mind.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I registered with LendingTree and one of the mortgage companies called me using a spoofing number. Basically, the company calls you using the same area code as your personal number. The goal is to get you to answer the phone. I almost didn't accept the call because I get a lot of crank calls from the area code on my phone (I no longer live in that area). The practice is deceptive. When I questioned the lending agent and told him it was deceptive and that he should call me on his direct number, he hung up. LendingTree is going to ruin its reputation with businesses like that. I know that I will never contract LendingTree again.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I went online and filled out the information they requested. Brad called me back within 3 seconds and I started to work with him. During that time I must of had 12 calls and 8 e-mails. For the next week I was also getting e-mails daily and at least 5 calls a day. I also had calls from vendors that see the online information and tried to leading me to work with them saying that they took the account over so I needed to work with them. I contacted Brad and he said yea that will happen. I waited for over a week and did not get any more calls or emails from Brad.

Just now I received a call from a Robert saying Brad had left company and he was very curt and forceful. He even said just listen and I will tell you what you need to do to get this loan done. Very rude. He proceeded to say this is what you are going to do- I listened and if I asked a question he would just say just listen and I will tell you what to do. He finally got to the interest rate and I said that is quite high and he said fine have a nice day and hung up on me. Would not recommend anyone go thru their online system or work with them if this is how they treat customers. I also had many companies check my credit even before I had talked with anyone.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I was able to compare several loans to pay off credit card debt. Easy once I picked one. A few copies of records and I received my loan online. No talking to anyone, it was quick and easy. At one point I did contact them through email and they clarified what they needed from me.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I was in need of a personal loan to finance my mother's funeral. It was already a difficult time of course. I had decent credit, so I didn't think I would have a problem. I tried several other places with no success and began to get very worried. I came to LendingTree. It was simple with easily completed steps. At the end, I had over twenty different offers. I selected the most appropriate for me and my family, and less than 24 hours later, the money was in my account. I was able to go through the rest of a very difficult time with one less worry and no financial hassles.

Original review: March 30, 2019

This is my second loan and again, the best customer service and very timely. I would recommend LendingTree to anyone that is looking for a company with honesty and integrity and really cares about their clients.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I was able to refinance my current loan and pay off some high interest credit cards. Quick application and the money was in my account in 2 days. Saved me $300 a month and less payment to manage. Thank You LendingTree.

Original review: March 29, 2019

We could really use a chunk of cash to capitalize on an opportunity to improve the property so we thought we would cash out the little equity we had because the $30k in renovations would be about $60k in increased property value. From the moment we clicked to see rates the phone has been unusable due to constant calls, texts and emails. It's been annoying and intrusive. Many companies are even spoofing the area code to make it look like a local call, I feel like I signed up to be the recipient of aggressive spam.

Original review: March 28, 2019

The process was quick and easy. Multiple offers were available to me within a few minutes. I reviewed the offers and picked a company (Lending Club). Closed the loan in 3 days from start to finish. Excellent!

Original review: March 26, 2019

LendingTree is a very professional company. No BS. Their application is straight to the point. And I am glad to do business with them. I tried other places but stopped my application when there was questions that did not apply to getting a loan.

Original review: March 24, 2019

My wife and I never applied for a loan with Lending Tree. Every day, even though I mark their email spam "as" spam, delete, and then filter any new incoming emails from LendingTree.com, they still seem to get through. Yesterday I got an email from LendingTree.com that we asked for a $3,500 loan AND they denied us! They had my Social Security number and everything. NO one has hacked into my computer - and my wife and I do not even need a loan! So how did they get my information, and why would they process a loan that we never agreed to or applied for? These details are being copied to the State Attorney General's Office. I would not trust these people!!! Crooked and illegal tactics. WE have a Zero Tolerance Policy and I hope these scammers fry. If they do not print this - look for this text on all Social Media, it is going to be posted AND people are going to know what kind of crooks these are.

Original review: March 22, 2019

The overall experience was seamless and quick. I applied for the product on a Wednesday afternoon and it was in my account by Friday morning. There was no stress or anxiety just utmost satisfaction. I will recommend LendingTree to others without hesitation.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I plugged in the minimum information on their site as I was thinking about refinancing my home. Unfortunately, they require a phone number. I decided not to refinance, however I've been harassed for 6 months by a slew of banks and brokers that LendingTree sold my information to.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Truly satisfied with the e-experience of applying and being approved for a personal loan through the LendingTree network online! LendingTree evaluates your credit profile to ensure you meet the necessary requirements of a lender. Then you, the consumer, can choose the best lender and terms that you are comfortable with. I received my loan in less than 4 days. I could not have ask for a better resource! LendingTree rocks!

Original review: March 20, 2019

They said they guaranteed you could get a car loan online. Not only did they lie they sold my info to telemarketers. I got 7 calls this morning in a 4 hour period starting at 7:30 AM. All from people wanting to sell me a car loan. My email box is blown up as well with car loans at worse than credit card rates. I have normal credit and their service is a total scam.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I get emails saying I could pay off my credit card debt with a loan, but they do not help. Since I already have a loan with them, I assume they would refinance it to help me pay down debt. I would rather they not get my hopes up, and would rather they do nothing if they have no intention of helping me.

Original review: March 20, 2019

LendingTree has been and continues to be a great tool to repair and build my credit history. They have also referred a great personal loan lender (Lending Club). The experience was seamless and effortless but also a quick process. Great company.

LendingTree expert review by Michele Lerner

This online broker allows consumers and businesses to request and compare customized loan offers from a network of more than 350 lenders, banks and credit partners. The company's lender network offers a wide range of financial products including mortgages.

• Simple online application: The online application allows potential borrowers to submit a single request that is sent to multiple lenders for evaluation. It is simple to complete and does not require any detailed financial information.

• Instant quotes: Qualified applicants receive personalized loan offers in minutes. All consumers can visit the website to see customized interest rates by filling out a short form that does not require any personal information.

• No credit score impact: Consumers can request quotes and evaluate their loan options without affecting their credit score.

• Free, no-obligation quotes: No-obligation quotes are free, and lenders do not require consumers to pay any upfront fees to guarantee loan offers. Interested consumers can compare quotes to find the best offer for their situation.

• Tools and resources: The website offers online tools and resources, including personal credit scores, to help consumers manage their finances and make informed financial decisions.

• Best for: individuals who want to compare loan offers from multiple lenders and those who want to learn more about the homebuying process.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

LendingTree Company Information