toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Amber,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so happy to hear about your experience.

Thank you!

Alyssa

Original review: June 8, 2016

Their customer support was amazing. They answered all my questions to my satisfaction and made me feel very safe getting a loan through them. The application process was simple and easy. I was able to do it without any difficulty and I don't foresee anyone else having problems with it. The rates and terms were great. There was a variety of options and I was able to see what I was getting before being locked into a rate. The online tools available were very helpful and convenient. I did not run into any problems using them and they worked well for my needs.

Hi Connie,

We are so glad to hear you were able to find what you needed! Thank you for letting us know!

Alyssa

Original review: March 24, 2016

I needed a personal unsecured loan and had tried my bank but their rate was high and I was not fully approved for the amount I needed. Lending Tree immediately gave me options I would never have dreamed about! It was a great experience and I am happy with my decision.

Hi Robert,

We are so happy to hear this! Should you ever need anything in the future please feel free to reach out to me directly at Alyssa.Schaefer@lendingtree.com.

Thanks!

Alyssa

Original review: March 22, 2016

We had a great experience. LendingTree hooked us up with the best lender for our needs. Just closed our new loan and very happy!

Hi Matthew,

Please visit our site at www.lendingtree.com to figure out what the best option may be for you.

Alyssa

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

My teeth are bad and they hurt me so bad. I need to $ to get them out of my mouth because they make my face swell up. If I can get this loan I'm going to get all them pulled out and get some fake teeth. That way I don't have to be in pain no more.

We have used Lending Tree on two occasions and the process has been quick and loan processors extremely friendly. The loan has helped us consolidate payments and get on track with our finances. We would highly recommend them to our friends looking for assistance! Had our loan in just a few days and easy to manage online.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?

Very good, quick and easy. Very understandable. Doesn't ask for too much information and everything is private. Which makes it a very resource. Also very helpful. Definitely a fast resource to turn to when you need it. I wouldn't go anywhere else. So glad found this website. It was my saving grace.

I am very interested in the services that give. I am a little confused as to all the services your company provides and hope I am approved and or given an account. If approved I will definitely recommend to many friends. My experience so far has been very pleasant and I am very excited to start this opportunity. Thank you!!!

Hi Tatyana,

Thank you for reaching out! Can you please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com so we can look into this further?

Alyssa

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

I filled out Lending Tree's form to figure out possible interest rates. The page with the SSN entry said there would NOT be any credit hit. So far, I have RoadLoans ran "hard" credit report and I don't know what lender is going to do it next. Lending Tree must clearly state that there is a chance that lenders could run complete credit check and potentially harm customer's credit rating. If other lenders start running hard credit inquiries, they will lower my credit points by sheer number of requests!

Factual basis uncertain

Hi Candida,

Thank you for reaching out. Was this with a lender you were matched with on our site? While LendingTree helps match you to lenders, the loan process is up to each individual lender.

Feel free to email me with more information: LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2017

Always said I was approved and never once did I ever receive loan forms to sign and finalize. Saw nothing in my direct deposit. To me it's a bunch of ** and a waste of everybody's time. You say that you approve people with bad credit I seriously don't think you ever have. I don't think it is a very nice thing to do get people's hopes up just to laugh at them.

Hi Cheryl,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention - I will pass it along to our team to look into. Feel free to email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com if you have this problem again.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2017

I wasn't able to follow thru. It kept taking me back to my phone number. I knew it was correct, but I could not finish. Why would it not allow me to finish before you refused my loan of 400.00. I needed the loan to fix my truck's brake line. I had surgery and if there was an emergency I'd have my truck.

Factual basis uncertain

Hi Donald,

Thank you for reaching out. While LendingTree helps match you to possible lenders, the final decision is up to each individual lender. Feel free to email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com with any questions and I will try to help as best as I can!

Alyssa

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

So far I have not been able to get a loan for debt consolidation so that I may improve my credit score. Not helped at all. I have filled many applications and have spent a lot of time on this. I have law firm working on my credit score. Had items removed that weren't even mine. Need a $2500.00 loan to finish it up. Was hoping Lending Tree could help in this matter but so far have been no help at all.

It was a very easy process. I am so glad that I've done this because now I can see that I am able to get my finances on track from this help. With this loan it allowed me to paid off most of my high balances credit card. I know I used to pay more than $1000 per month in credit cards debt and now with this loan I am sure it will be less than that. This will help me to save a little now.

Lending Tree was very simple and easy with its process and results. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a loan. I received 11 different offers and was able to choose among the offers to decide which was best for my needs. Once accepted the process went smoothly and I received the funds quickly.

Hi Cheryle,

Please email me directly at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com with additional details. Did you fill out a form on our site?

Alyssa

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

I haven't heard anything from them and I am still waiting. I knew it would be no, but at least could have been told I need way or other. So could check elsewhere. I feel saying you'll get it. Trying to build my credit and try cause if you're saying bad credit no problem.

Was a great experience. Was all done, funded and in my account within a week. I could not ask for anything better. I needed this debt consolidation and it should do the trick. Great service but hope to never have to do again, but if I do this is great.

My experience was amazing, they were very helpful. I would recommend them to everyone! I got my loan. It was quick and easy. I will use them again if I have to get a loan in the future. I tried to get a loan, it was taking so long. Thank you Lending Tree for making it so easy to get a loan.

Hi John,

We can reach out on your behalf to the lenders and ask them to add you to their DNC list if you are still receiving calls - just email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com.

We do share your information with up to 5 possible lenders so you can get the best deal for your situation, however we do understand it can be overwhelming. I will pass on your feedback to our team.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

NEVER give your information to lendingtree.com. After 30+ phone calls from every lender in the book I learned today that LendingTree SOLD my information. One of the last calls admitted that everyone buys this information from them and once obtained you are flooded with phone calls. I contacted LendingTree to stop this and they said they would but there was nothing they could do to the lenders that already had my information. The thing that grips me is that the initial results came back with a choice of lenders to choose from. I picked one and pursued refinancing with them. That should have been the end of it but no... the flood of calls came after. If you want my advice LendingTree, when a customer makes a selection from the presented choices that should be the end of it. Everything else is harassment.

Hi Lawrence,

I'm very sorry for your experience. Please feel free to email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and I can look into this further.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

I was thinking about refinancing my 2015 Crossover. I went on Lending Tree's site. I started to look at APR's. So I started to fill out an application, when I was asked to check a box so Lending Tree could do a credit check. I refused to check it. They ran my credit without my permission. Now I have 4 hard inquiries on my credit report. Do not trust them. They will give your SS# to anyone willing to give you a refinance. It will result in a negative impact on your credit. DON'T DO IT!

Loan request was processed in a very timely manner and I had my loan probably quicker than if I had gone to my bank or any bank for an unsecured loan. Loan officer/agent Ashley ** extremely courteous and helpful in making it all happen. I would recommend to friends and any family members that they apply to Lending Tree for a unsecured loan in excess of $3500.

They made the process quick and painless. I gave them my information online and they let me know I was approved in a matter of a few days. Once that was done the money was in my account in a few days and I'm ready to build a fence and landscape around my house.

Hi Jon,

Thank you for reaching out and we apologize for your experience. We do sometimes match Refinance lenders since these loans are a type of Home Equity loan, but I am going to pass your feedback on to our team to take into consideration. Please feel free to email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com with any other questions or concerns.

Thank you!

Alyssa

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

I filled out the form to request a home equity loan. Lending Tree gave me two results, Quicken Loans and loanDepot, LLC. Both contacted me within a day. However they Both were ONLY offering me info on a refinancing mortgage. BOTH said they do not offer home equity loans. Lending Tree should have said NO results to my request, instead of giving my personal info to two companies that did not offer what my search request was. This resulted in a hard hit for 1 point on my credit score before Quicken Loans told me they offer refinancing and not a home equity loan. I will never use Lending Tree again.

Loan for $5000. My experience was good. It took almost over three weeks and then I was surprised when I only got $4700 because an origination fee was taken $300. I would like to know if these funds will be refunded, if not I feel the interest should be applied only to the $4700. I would have liked to have had more information before following through. I did received the loan copies after the funds were deposited.

It has been an overall pleasant experience. I was treated with dignity and was not interrupted often to repeat information I had already provided. I would highly recommend this service. I don't know what else to say. If it was good, it was good. I can't think of more ways to express it. How about: Brevity is the soul of wit.

Hi Tim,

Thank you for reaching out. Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com with more information on what product you were looking for. Also, I will be happy to add you to our DNC list and also reach out on your behalf to any lenders to add you to theirs as well. Please email me what number you used to sign up and I will get this taken care of ASAP.

Alyssa

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

I filled out Lending Tree's form in an effort to acquire rate estimates online. The page with the SSN entry said there would NOT be any credit hit. Now I come to find not only are they and the lenders they connect me with entitled to pull my credit report, there are dozens of them doing so! Lending Tree should be forced to advertise their service more accurately, or punished for not doing so. I would like to get "unregistered" with them, but so far I haven't been able to figure out how to do that. For now, I'm just telling every caller, "Unsubscribe me." If there's something better I should do, please let me know..

Thanking Lending Tree for helping me through my loan process. The experience has allowed me to consolidated multiple debt into one. Not only I'm elated to have a lender who allowed me to borrow the amount I requested, but at reasonable rate as well. Now I'm worry free and on the road to financial freedom.

Wonderful experience getting a loan. Very quick and efficient and no problems with communication. Very timely and able to deposit funds and pay off within days. Would recommend to many other people and great customer service. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! I can't express my appreciation for fast, courteous service. I don't know what else to say. I am so happy with how things worked out.

I was getting behind in my bills and a good friend of mine recommended me to Lending Tree. She told me that they were quick and online. At first, I was a little leery about giving so much of my personal information online. But their quick response via email about my loan was great and totally secure. I was able to take care of all my bills. I would definitely recommend my friends to Lending Tree!

Insufficient response received

Hi Dustin,

Thank you for reaching out. Please visit our website at www.lendingtree.com for more information! Thank you!

Alyssa

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

Me and my wife are needing the mine and I just hope they can I mean it is close to Christmas and we need all the help we can get due to us having 3 kids and due to that it's hard to come up with the money all at once for their gifts due to all of our bills being at the first of the month.

The customer support line connected me to a person immediately. They were considerate, understanding, and knew what they were talking about. It was pleasant. The process was simple, logical, and they provided everything you'd need for the application. There wasn't any headaches or mishaps. The customer service also helped with the application. The rates were reasonable. They were not too high or too low but pretty average and the best I could find at the time of my application. The terms were simple and they were not trying to trick me at all. The online tools were scarce. Thankfully I did not need them very much but the website was fairly complicated and they did not provide information on what tools they may have had.

I find this company to be very helpful to some of my friends. Parents in the past. Also it is very fair and discreet with decisions. Also very helpful towards customers and very honest company. So I know I will be helped in getting approved for a loan today. Thanks Lending Tree. One chance.

Lending Tree Company Profile