Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Amber,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so happy to hear about your experience.

Thank you!

Alyssa

Original review: June 8, 2016

Their customer support was amazing. They answered all my questions to my satisfaction and made me feel very safe getting a loan through them. The application process was simple and easy. I was able to do it without any difficulty and I don't foresee anyone else having problems with it. The rates and terms were great. There was a variety of options and I was able to see what I was getting before being locked into a rate. The online tools available were very helpful and convenient. I did not run into any problems using them and they worked well for my needs.

Hi Connie,

We are so glad to hear you were able to find what you needed! Thank you for letting us know!

Alyssa

Original review: March 24, 2016

I needed a personal unsecured loan and had tried my bank but their rate was high and I was not fully approved for the amount I needed. Lending Tree immediately gave me options I would never have dreamed about! It was a great experience and I am happy with my decision.

Hi Robert,

We are so happy to hear this! Should you ever need anything in the future please feel free to reach out to me directly at Alyssa.Schaefer@lendingtree.com.

Thanks!

Alyssa

Original review: March 22, 2016

We had a great experience. LendingTree hooked us up with the best lender for our needs. Just closed our new loan and very happy!

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your feedback. I will pass this along to our team. Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com if you have any further questions/concerns.

Alyssa

Original review: July 19, 2017

I inquired about refinancing a home equity loan. I was told to call Quicken and Lending Depot for offers. Neither place offered home equity loan refinancing. They insisted on pitching me a mortgage refinancing with high closing costs.

After signing up, I looked into my account settings and found my primary email address was not mine! It belonged to someone who I didn't know. I had to call up Lending Tree to have my account canceled. They didn't know why that email address was there and had no explanation of how it got there. If you do decide to sign up at least look to make sure you are the person on the account and not someone else.

Hi Mish,

Thank you for reaching out. Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com so I can look into this ASAP. Please include the number you dialed for customer service.

Alyssa

Original review: July 15, 2017

Completing an online form and they requested my phone number, I hit enter and they robo-called me. I went back to check no where did it say they would call. A rep put me on hold to get another rep, "Sara" who I asked if she could speak to my husband since I was busy. She said only if he's on the loan. When I said no he's not, but I'm busy, she just hung up the phone. No call back time, no SORRY FOR BOTHERING YOU SINCE YOU DIDN'T ASK TO BE CALLED, nothing. Lending Tree's customer service is disgusting, and don't call people if we don't ask to be called.

Hi Anita,

Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com with more information so we can look into this.

Alyssa

Original review: July 13, 2017

Saying they were having trouble checking things on out things on me. I have a home that is paid for and can't seem to even get not even half of what my home is worth, I am 69 and cannot seem to get any help with this matter???

Hi Sally,

Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and I can add you to our DNC list! To view rates you can go to the link below where you do not have to enter in any personal information. Just keep in mind that these are estimated rates, not personal rates since you have not input any personal information.

Original review: July 11, 2017

Went there because they say you will be able to see your rates... doesn't happen! I have received at least 30 phone calls from mortgage lenders in 24 hours which is driving me crazy! So it is very misleading when they see you can see your rates because you can't - I will no longer do business with Lending Tree! Wish I could stop the bloody calls - when will they stop???

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?

Hi Lisa,

Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and I can add you to our DNC list.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I didn't even finish filling out my information when my cell phone starting getting slammed with calls. I instantly closed out of the site without even finishing the inquiry. It has been 5 hours and my phone has not stopped ringing with calls from telemarketing loan sites. I am so disgusted. I may have to change my phone number. This is ridiculous.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It is a very nice experience, it is fast and easy. It is pain free. I'm needing a LOAN to pay off some rent so I can catch up and get back on track. This is gonna help out a lot. So glad that this is a very nice experience that you provide.

Insufficient response received

I would love to give a 5 star rating but I haven't gotten approved yet. Once I'm approved and the money is in my account I will come back to give 5 stars... I hear they approve everyone. Guess I'll find out soon enough. I know I could sure use it. We will see...

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Lending Club is very professional. The only thing is it may take longer than you are expecting. You need to be patience. I requested $24.000 and I was approved for all the amount with a great interest. It took 3 weeks to received the money in my bank. The FICO for this type of amount should be over 680, mine was just 735. Keep in mind your credit report and score before apply.

Lending Tree is the easiest way to get a loan and check your credit score. Thank you for the service. Will always use any time I need a loan or refinance. Thank you again. Will tell a friend to use Lending Tree any time they are looking for a loan or refinance

Hi Dave,

I sincerely apologize for your experience. Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and I will add you to our DNC list.

Original review: July 2, 2017

I filled out the info and ended up with no info from you. You wasted my time! Do not contact me or send me junk emails. You scammed me for my personal information. I can't stand when companies lie just to spam people with phone calls and emails. Thanks for nothing.

Hi Katherine,

Thank you for your review. Please let us know what we can do to earn a 5 star review from you in the future.

Original review: July 2, 2017

It was a good experience with you guys. I didn't have any type of issues filling out the areas that were given to me. I am looking for a personal loan and am looking forward to hearing back from you guys whether I get approved or denied. Hope you guys have a good day. Enjoy. Thank you so much for your time.

Hi Karen,

Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com with more information so we can look into this ASAP.

Alyssa

Original review: July 1, 2017

I have out the credit card form before last week and two companies charged me $140 each with other fees and cost me a total of $479. How do you get FREE out of that and how do I get my money back. I think when they say free it should be free. I went to my bank bookkeeping and that's where I got my information. I bank in Picayune MS. I had to cancel my card because of this. Now I will not be able to use one because it will take 2 weeks to get a new one.

Insufficient response received

I do not remember any problems in the past at all with Lending Tree. We do not usually hang out in the bottom of the barrel with our credit transactions. We have had a horrible 2016/17 but are using our funds to pull ourselves out. Lending Tree can help us with this loan.

Hi Alexis,

Thank you for reaching out. I sincerely apologize for your experience. Please email me directly at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com so I can look into this.

Alyssa

Original review: June 30, 2017

I have a credit inquiry from a place I've never heard from that they sold my information to. They were not helpful on the phone and sold my personal information. They were not helpful and the customer service agent, Damion or Drew, was very ignorant. When I called them, I had to beg for a supervisor and had to wait for them to call. Their website indicates that they are a soft pull, then that if you decide to accept an offer, it's a hard pull. However I didn't accept any offers and they sold my information instead and I now have a hard pull. Go to a bank, the internet website is shady. Very shady. I got little help from the company that pulled my credit.

Hi Luke,

I'm very sorry for your experience and I have passed this along to our team for feedback. The only product that has a hard credit pull is our auto loan product. Also, when loan shopping, credit bureaus consider hard pulls for the same type of loan in a short time period as one credit pull versus multiple. So, if the consumer finds a loan within 30 days, the inquiries won’t affect the FICO Score while the consumer is rate-shopping. Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com if you have any additional questions.

Alyssa

Original review: June 29, 2017

I was merely curious as to what kind of refinancing I could get on my car with a soft credit pull as advertised. Less than 5 mins after I submitted, I started receiving numerous phone calls from random small banks asking to discuss my situation. This is still going on 2 weeks later but I'm okay with this part because I was probably a little naive and signed up too quickly. BUT these same people calling me are making HARD pulls on my credit and I have never even spoke with them! On my next weekly score update I noticed I had 1 new hard credit inquiry for both Equifax and TransUnion - different names for each that I didn't recognize. I hadn't truly applied for any credit in a while so I assumed right away that it was stemming from LendingTree.

Went straight to its website and searched each creditor listed, lo and behold they were both lenders on the site! Realizing the extent of the damage Lending Tree was doing I started researching and turns out there are tons of these exact same horror stories but with 20+ hard credit pulls over a 2 month span. To be sure I was aware of all the unauthorized inquiries I used my free yearly credit report for all 3 agencies (needing to waste that alone is ridiculous). Thank God I did because my Experian report had 8 new pulls! All 3 of my scores dropped w/ Experian lowering by 40+. The fact that this a common occurrence on this site is mind numbing. Regardless of how LendingTree or the lender pulling your credit want to frame it this is what it comes down to.

Lending Tree bills itself as harmless to your credit (It's advertised twice on the signup page) but after reading the terms of agreement it says you agree to 5 hard pulls per quote. Again, they advertise in multiple places as not affecting your credit but sneak it in on the fine print. Just rewriting that statement makes me want to scream in anger and frustration. Like how is this acceptable? Sure they probably have all worded just right to avoid any liability but let's be real. Lending Tree is completely aware of what it's doing and it somehow is okay. At least okay enough that it still exists. Be aware.

My loan specialist at OneMain Financial was awesome! I really appreciate his professionalism and integrity. The loan process was simple and fast. I was approved for the amount I needed and I am very grateful for their assistance. Thank you very much for making my experience great! I would recommend this agency and loan specialist to friends and family members.

Factual basis uncertain

Hi Carmen,

Thank you for reaching out. Was this through a lender you were matched with on LendingTree? Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com.

Alyssa

Original review: June 28, 2017

I was informed on the loan approval on 6/20. I was also informed on the money availability 4 days later. On Monday 6/26 I called them in 3 different occasions. First to inquire on my money. They asked me to go to my account and to check on my bank account. When I tried to sign in it was impossible. I tried to reset my password without luck then I called them again for assistance. They assigned me a new password. I couldn't sign in either so I called them back. I spent a lot of time with them over the phone without any possibility to have access to my account to check on my bank account number.

At this moment I am without the money in hand, with a monthly payment due on 7/20 to pay a loan that I haven't received yet. I made this loan because I am a teacher working only a ten month out of twelve because that is the way the school system works. This has become a nightmare. What can I do? I checked on my internet connection and everything is working perfectly on my computers. Somebody can do something for me? Thank you!

Michael was friendly and helpful. He was down to earth yet professional. I felt more like I was having a conversation than applying for a loan. The outcome though was an completely smooth loan fulfillment. I really enjoyed the proficiency and lightheartedness of Michael's care and consideration during my loan process.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Looking to get help with home refinancing and be able to do home renovations and improve the looks of our home to maybe improve neighborhood. A nice neighborhood helps property value of a home and the market to sell to maybe re-invest into another property later down the road. I hope that you will be able to help, have heard good things about your company and the way you have helped others with the same situation.

I would use a $10,000 loan if I get it to make some debt consolidation and to do a little bit of kitchen repairs on my home oh nothing on it. Thank you. This will help me pay off some small bills and tips to do a little fixing up around the house until I can do better maybe some windows. It's enough money left.

Hi Sacha,

Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and I can have somebody from our team reach out to help.

Alyssa

Original review: June 25, 2017

I didn't get any info. You guys just took my info with no response. Not sure what is going on. I would like an email confirmation please of this site and what I am eligible for so I know what to do or what to expect. I greatly appreciate it. As well info on how to be qualify.

Hi Claud,

Please email me at lendingtreesocial@lendingtree.com and I will have a member of our team reach out!

alyssa

Original review: June 23, 2017

Got no help from Lending Tree. All I get is put in another application and no results. If Lending Tree can help why do they keep sending me ads? I don't need a bunch of crap. I need a loan. Contact me when you can actually help with something besides just put in another loan application.

I had a great experience... I applied on Tuesday evening, turned in the requested documents Wednesday afternoon and signed all my loan documents that evening. My loan was funded Thursday and I received my money in my bank account Tuesday morning (2-3 business day)! Fast, flawless and they have awesome customer service.

Hi Christy,

I sincerely apologize for your experience. And I am very sorry you were not able to get in touch with a member of our team. Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and I will be sure you are added to our DNC list and I will pass on your feedback to our team.

Alyssa

Original review: June 22, 2017

I recently used Lending Tree thinking it would help me research rates for a HELOC. I hesitated to give them my info, but after reading some of the reviews on here and watching the commercials featuring the apparently earnest founder, I decided to trust them. What a mistake that was!!! Within seconds my phone blew up with phone calls from about a dozen different lenders. Some called 3-5 times in a row since I didn't answer and continued calling until almost 10:30 last night. I received texts and emails as well.

As if that weren't frustrating enough, Lending Tree NEVER provided me with a list of rates or offers from different lenders. They claim they are like travel sites that let you compare hotel prices across sites, but they did nothing of the sort. They gave me NOTHING but a headache. I spent my entire day blocking the approximately 40 phone calls that came in from lenders harassing me.

I must say it's very hard to believe all the positive reviews, esp those talking about good customer service, when there is no reason to interact with anyone at the company as it's fully automated/online. I can't believe anyone would enjoy being bombarded by pushy salespeople like that. I've blocked all the phone numbers and today they're sending me emails! I've emailed Lending Tree to ask them to take me off every possible list they have me on. I've also unsubscribed from their emails. I'm not confident that they will stop. If not, I will write a follow-up review.

Hi Linda,

Alyssa

Original review: June 21, 2017

What a dreadful experience! I did not realize my phone number would be given to TONS of crappy mortgage companies and that they would HOUND me for DAYS. If this was mentioned in some kind of small print, I didn't see it. I put it on YOU to make it clear that you would be giving out my phone number to every Tom, Dick and Harry in the mortgage industry. Many calling were using deceptive VoIP local phone numbers and automatic robo-calling. I will NEVER use LendingTree again and will tell everyone I know NOT to use your service.

Lending Tree

I sincerely apologize for your experience. Please email me at lendingtreesocial@lendingtree.com with the number they are calling and I will have it placed on the DNC list.

Alyssa

Original review: June 20, 2017

I went through Lending Tree to explore refinancing my mortgage. Within 25 minutes of finishing the application my phone starting ringing. In one hour, I received over 65 calls!!! I started blocking the calls. My phone continued to ring nonstop for several hours. This is ridiculous! I had already identified the lender I wanted to consider and it was annoying and a waste of time to hear from all of these lenders. A horrible experience. I will never use Lending Tree again!!!

I want to pay off some high interest credit cards with a lower interest over a longer period of time. My credit is good and all my payments on all of my accounts have been on time. This will free up cash and improve my credit score putting me in a better financial position.

Very easy to apply, very professional and so far I like Lending Tree. Overall a very good and Lasting experience. I would recommend Lending Tree to all my friends and family. They in turn would tell all their friends and family making it at a totally awesome experience for both of us.

I had a great experience, I was able to find a lender from the 3 options I received. It was quick, easy and painless. The lender that I chose was great with contact, my representative was fantastic. I will definitely use Lending Tree again and definitely I will refer my friends to use Lending Tree.

Lending Tree Company Profile