toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Amber,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so happy to hear about your experience.

Thank you!

Alyssa

Original review: June 8, 2016

Their customer support was amazing. They answered all my questions to my satisfaction and made me feel very safe getting a loan through them. The application process was simple and easy. I was able to do it without any difficulty and I don't foresee anyone else having problems with it. The rates and terms were great. There was a variety of options and I was able to see what I was getting before being locked into a rate. The online tools available were very helpful and convenient. I did not run into any problems using them and they worked well for my needs.

Hi Connie,

We are so glad to hear you were able to find what you needed! Thank you for letting us know!

Alyssa

Original review: March 24, 2016

I needed a personal unsecured loan and had tried my bank but their rate was high and I was not fully approved for the amount I needed. Lending Tree immediately gave me options I would never have dreamed about! It was a great experience and I am happy with my decision.

Hi Robert,

We are so happy to hear this! Should you ever need anything in the future please feel free to reach out to me directly at Alyssa.Schaefer@lendingtree.com.

Thanks!

Alyssa

Original review: March 22, 2016

We had a great experience. LendingTree hooked us up with the best lender for our needs. Just closed our new loan and very happy!

It was the best experience I had. I recommend them. They were a lifesaver and I will tell my friends and co-worker to see if they could get a loan or anything they need to help them. Thanks again LendingTree for giving me a loan. I will keep using you as my lifesaver.

I'm sure what you are looking for as a review. Very professional personnel that I have actually spoken. We need a loan desperately. My husband is in disability right now. Money not enough to pay all the medical bill, rent, gas, and electric and water. Can't get help locally. Hoping.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?

Lending Tree

Hi Joey - thank you for reaching out. Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com with more information on what form this was and I will also be sure you are added to our DNC list.

Alyssa

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

I filled out a form online and somehow they got a hold of my cell phone number, which I did not list, and they in turn gave it to a whole bunch of lenders and I have been inundated with phone calls on my work cell phone without my authorization to call or even giving them the number!

This was a very simple and fast process for me. I had multiple loan companies to chose from and picked the best that lined up with my needs. The funds were transferred to my account within three days. I was able to consolidate my credit card accounts into one payment utilizing this process.

Hi Carolina,

We sincerely apologize for your experience. Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and I can have you added to our DNC list ASAP.

Alyssa

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

About a month ago I decided to look into refinancing my auto loan. I have very good credit and was looking for competitive rates. Google brought me to Lending Tree. I used your "free rates" tool which advertised no hard inquiries on your credit report thinking I would just get a quote similar to Capital One and if I was interested I could submit a loan application. Well first of all, within minutes I started receiving e-mails and phone calls for different lenders.

In a day I received over 15 calls from different lenders (probably many more I had to start blocking number because they would call every 10 minutes and I was at work) and countless emails. I was harassed to such a level that I would not even consider giving them my business. Recently I decided to check my credit report to make sure everything was fine and I had 6 hard inquiries from lenders I have never heard before. My "free rate quote" ended up being an application for who knows how many lenders. I feel betrayed, cheated and scammed by this company. I will never do business with them and will recommend to anyone in similar situations to do the same. This company is a scam and I read many reviews arguing the same.

The application was really easy to complete and no complicated questions, no crazy questions that doesn't even matter. Hopefully I will get approved for the loan so I can finish up Christmas shopping for my kids and some last minute holiday shopping. My credit score is not good at all please help.

My experience was nothing more than Fantastic! I found a lender to help with consolidating my high interest credit cards. The process was very smooth and easy. The funds were in my account in less than a week! Now I have a very manageable monthly payment! Would definitely highly recommend your services! Thank you!!!

Hi Lora,

Thank you for reaching out. LendingTree only shares your information with up to 5 possible lenders, however we do realize this can be overwhelming. Please feel free to email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and I can add you to our DNC list.

Thank you!

Alyssa

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

When I went on the Lending Tree website, I was only interested in finding out what the current interest was. Instantly I received two basic quotes, then hell followed. I received over 50 phone calls, text messages and emails from all the mortgage brokers to whom Lending Tree had sold my personal information. If I had known this would happen I never would have used the site. Unless you are prepared to be bombarded with calls, I suggest you find another site.

Factual basis uncertain

I called Wells Fargo and asked for a Harp loan on our home that was underwater in Fordyce, AR. The lady took me on a merry round trip that I am still on. I pay all of my payments, even that home, until the lady at Wells Fargo told me I didn't qualify for a harp loan because my payments were current. Well I missed a payment and called back and was told I couldn't qualify for a harp but she sent me papers on a short sale. You see our home where we raised our children was in a town where most of the employers had moved out, then the people moved. A house we owed $32,000 dollars on was appraised for $12,000. A home we thought we would sale for $70,000. I had not been back home for a long time.

We moved to Conway to help raise our grandsons. Then cancer came, treatments came, then before the year was up my brain condition (cavernous sinus hemangioma) took my sight one morning or during the night. All I knew was as I stepped out of my bed, I fell to the floor, couldn't get my sight to work. I called Bob. He helped me down the hall to the living room, and he said this is one of the things on the doctors list. I get the phone and dial your neurosurgeon (you see the doctor had told me 5 years before he wanted me to be who I could be for as long as I could be). Bob and I knew that I was no longer who I was, I will never be. (I can never move back to our home where we raised our children.) I miss going home, but I was lock after a 10 and 1/2 hours of surgery. Now I must stay close to hospitals.

Everyone hates me that I and the lady at Wells Fargo make so many mistakes about our home in Fordyce. I didn't know what to do except what the lady told me I needed to do. I ruined my and Bob's credit. Even though we paid and do pay our commitments. Everything is auto drafted, because when I thought I was getting Alzheimer's it was the blood vessels growing and bursting in my head and eye and my left sinus and it affected me to not have clear thing at times. I thought I was going crazy. I am glad I had the forethought to have all our payments to be auto drafted. I will not tolerate some so and so tell me I have bad credit. That we don't pay our bills. No I don't know all things, and how to handle all things, and yes I did believe the lady at Wells Fargo knew what she was telling me to do.

I feel stupid and I hurt that Bob never checked out things for himself. He has always trusted me, even when I realized how stupid I had handled thing and I told him, he didn't yell at me. But now we both realize that we have to both know what is going on. I am 71 years old and I wish I could change things. I was 70 years old in 2015, the year I got my reckoning. Sorry, I or no one could know what they have in them, that was something going wrong when I was in the womb, that would have to be dealt with in my 60's--I was always proud of myself for paying the persons I owed. Now I will not live long enough to overcome the mistake I made at 70 years old.

My loan was approved very fast, not a lot of paperwork. My rate was fair, closed within 5 days. Money sent to my account, I have been a very happy customer. Thank you so much. After I paid off my loan, I over paid. They sent over payment within 7 working days to my account. You got to give them a try.

A great experience I recommend to anyone. It was a hassle free experience. A joy to work with a company that tries to help for once and really easy application to fill out. If you're looking for a loan look no more. Lending Tree is there to help. They have many different loans to for anyone. Look no further. You come to the right place.

We took up on payment for a trailer long time ago and I loved doing business with you. The person took it back that the name was in I paid on it for a 3 to 4 yrs then she lost it. I loved doing business with you. I paid for it and got it out of for closing for her and then she wanted back.

Was happy with the way I was treated. Went a lot smoother than I expected. Once information was submitted the final answer was very quick. The funds were transferred within two days after final approval. That was unexpected so was a pleasant surprise. Would recommend to all my friends and family.

Thanks to Lending Tree people's professional work skill & fast working effectiveness, I was be able to found a lender & got what I needed in 48 hours! Would definitely recommend to people who is in need for finance help. They are much better & fast than any bank! Less hassle, more effective! Please spread the word! Thanks again!

I am very please with the level of service I rec'd. I initiated the process on 10/26. On 10/28 I was asked to provide my current electric bill. 10/30 I rec'd an email stating the funds will be in my account on 11/1 and they were. Great rate, service and overall experience.

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for reaching out and we sincerely apologize for your experience. We only share your information with up to 5 lenders, but do understand it can be overwhelming. Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and I will be happy to add you to our DNC list.

Alyssa

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

I looked on Lending Tree just to see some information on what banks might offer for a mortgage refinance. As soon as I entered my phone number and email (hoping to only see some estimates and options to choose from), I received about 8 phone calls and about 12 emails within the first 2 minutes. I then find out that Lending Tree instantly sells your information to any number of banks willing to buy your information, even if you don't ask to be contacted. Even the next day, I am still getting phone calls and emails from banks that I did not ask to contact me. Seriously... Do not use Lending Tree.

The experience was great. There was a slight delay with receiving the funds but that didn't affect me. The process was very simple and easy. Your online application was user friendly. Jared ** was very helpful and he always returned my phone calls and emails on a timely manner. I'm very satisfied with the process and would recommend my friends and family.

Only had to deal with one individual which made the entire process very convenient and easy. Would use them again for sure at any time. Was able to go through their website and the process was very easy and self explanatory. Took fewer than fifteen minutes to go through the entire process. Rates were better than what I would get from my personal bank which is Wells Fargo. Have many short term and long term options for you. Meets all of your needs. Had an online chat function that was incredibly helpful and you didn't have to wait for an agent to contact you. Only 1 person in the queue ahead of me. Very fast service.

Friendly, quick, efficient staff. Clearly explained all the terms in full, answered all questions, made me feel assured and comfortable with the process. Very friendly, recommended staff. It went very well. Application process was quick and painless, not so tiresome. Though lengthy the staff was very willing to help with the application and try to make it as painless as possible. Terms could've been worse but they were good. I'd like to think they are very fair usual terms offered by any other loan company. Same applies to the terms to the application agreements.

After looking and researching for what seemed an eternity, I finally applied with Lending Tree. I was approved and received my loan in record time. I needed this to help with my credit cards so I'm very happy! This will definitely bring my credit score up a few points! :)

Just need help with gaining a better credit score. Thanks for being free so I can keep a eye on my payments and credit score. I don't understand why student loan forgiveness programs didn't help me like they said they would. They too screwed me out of 600 bucks that could of went towards paying back my loans through here.

Factual basis uncertain

Lending Tree

Hi Jared - thank you for reaching out. Have you visited our site? Please feel free to email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com with any questions.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

I can do this but no one will give me the opportunity to work with me. I'm very confident that I'm responsible. I work through a temp for 6 months straight trying to get hired on full time with the company I've been with for 3 of those months. I work 12 hr shifts 5 days a week.

Hi Carr -

Thank you for your review! Please feel free to email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com if you have any further questions or suggestions!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

The customer support service was good. They are very responsive and polite. They try to assist you in every aspect in the best way possible. The application process was clear and easy. There was not much difficulty in terms of the disclosure and policies that needed to be followed. The rates and terms were quite reasonable in comparison to other lending institutions. There was clarity and the rates were very much affordable. The online tools are user friendly. There was little or no difficulty encountered so far. Essentially, it was smooth and reliable in all aspects.

My customer support experience was awesome! Any questions I had, they knew exactly how to answer in a way that left me feeling positive and ready to take out my loan. The application process was simple and easy. None of the parts were too complicated, and the application itself left me with little to no questions. The rates and terms are simple and easy to accomplish. There was no tough decisions and absolutely no terms were out of hand, crazy, etc. The online tools helped a lot, especially when having a quick question. The navigating tools helped me the most when I was troubled with my current spot.

Everything was excellent from start to finish. All of the interactions were helpful and professional no matter who we were working with. The process was very easy. All of the forms were clear and easy to complete, and we received a prompt response. We didn't have any questions since the instructions were all clear. The rates were competitive based on my understanding of the market and the terms are very favorable. We are happy with the rates and terms. They have an excellent online experience. All of the tools are easy to find and easy to use. Very well designed even for novices. No complaints here.

My husband and I had found ourselves in a very rough financial predicament. Due to some previous issues our credit scores were not sufficient for anyone to even look at us, but Lending Tree lead us to the company Avant, and Avant helped us. The staff was very friendly and made me breathe a lot easier. It's people like me that need help establishing credit, and nobody will help. Thank you Avant and Lending Tree for helping us out. I would 100% recommend them.

I felt the loan process through Lending Tree was easy and quick. I didn't have to deal with a stack of papers to sign or people calling and asking for more and more information. I bought an older home that needs some upgrading and needed the finances to complete them. Thank you for helping me accomplish that.

Lending Tree Company Profile