3.53/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

LendingTree

LendingTree is an online loan shopping marketplace where consumers can connect directly with lenders for all kinds of financial borrowing needs. LendingTree functions in a similar way to travel, hotel and other online comparison shopping sites by letting consumers compare multiple offers from an industry-wide network so they can find the best deal that is right for them. Loan types include mortgage loans, mortgage refinances, auto loans, personal loans, business loans, student refinances, credit cards and more.

Looking for a mortgage lender?

1441 LendingTree Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 30, 2019

Went to Lending Tree due to seeing advertisements for them. Due to some life stressors needed a quick, easy loan. I have been denied for loans in past but figured I'd give it a shot due to good payment history on a previous loans, etc and improved credit. The application for my needs was quick and easy through Lending Tree. They showed 2 options to apply for. Once I knew which payment plan would fit my needs better I completed the quick application and required documents. Once in review it took a brief period (about 1 day) to know if I was approved or not so I reached out to their ONLINE chat representative. Person I spoke with via chat was personable and was able to let me know I was approved, prior to it stating I was approved on the Lending tree customer portal. Once approved it took 2 business days and 2 weekend days to get my loan.

I liked that I was able to link my bank account right to Lending Tree to have the money deposited. They do deduct a small fee from money you receive. I requested $6,000 so my fee was $360. Only thing to be aware of just like many easy loan companies is interest rate. Lending Tree does offer a better but still high interest rate on their loans. I believe mine is 33.5% or something similar to that. This is much better than other loan agencies I have used. I also like you get the option to do automatic payments or pay by check. Overall I approve of Lending Tree and would recommend.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I contacted LendingTree for a very small loan. The list they provided was great and it only took a few minutes to compare, make my decision about who to go through, apply and be approved. That part was wonderful. I really didn't mind the first couple of calls from lending institutions wanting to give me a loan. Then a few days after securing my loan I received a call from Integra. I don't know who these people are. I never initiated contact with them. However they insisted that I verify my social security number so they could finalize my loan application.

After letting the person understand that I didn't have a loan application with them, they said I did and that I needed to verify my SSN # so they could either go forward with the loan or to withdraw it. They said that LendingTree initiated the loan application through them on my behalf. This is why I only give 4 stars. When the loan is approved by one of LendingTree institutions it should be automatically taken off the contact list. I also think that leaders should not be given my information without me initiating contact. Other than those little hiccups...it was easy and super quick. Thanks LendingTree...but please fix my concerns.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 27, 2019

I’ve never done business using an Internet Service before and was skeptical at first but thought it wouldn’t hurt to give it a try. I answered a few quick questions and next thing you know I have multiple offers from different lenders. I went through and reviewed them all and decided on one lender based off of their reviews and the multiple options. I chose an option from SoFi lending. I was still skeptical thinking they would play the old bait and switch routine. Not at all. They sent me to a link where I answered a few more questions and my rate actually came back lower. They then sent any link where all I had to do was take a picture of the front and back of my driver's license and it automatically uploaded to the application. It was very easy to upload documents and within minutes my loan was approved and funded. The smoothest process ever for a loan....

Original review: May 14, 2019

This is the second time that we have secured a personal loan through LendingTree to give us the financial capability to upgrade living conditions in and around our home. Our first loan we were in serious need for help on closing costs and furniture. LendingTree found us a company willing to help us. The interest rate was not the best and the monthly payment was costly but affordable in our budget. We paid off that loan in two years. Our credit score has improved well due to following a strict budget and not falling further in debt.

We decided that we needed a lump sum to improve the outside of our home and didn't want to use credit card financing to obtain the desired amount necessary. So, we tried LendingTree a second time and we were very pleased to see the amount of lenders willing to offer us a loan, with decent A.P.R.s and lengthier payment options to keep our payments budget friendly. This may be the last time we use LendingTree but as our credit score/FICO score continues to increase, LendingTree's lengthy list of willing lenders, provides us with lots of competitive options. It feels good to have financial institutions looking to secure a loan for you. LendingTree has been there for us even during the financially rough times.

Original review: March 9, 2019

For months I had been looking for a loan to consolidate my debt. My criteria was pretty basic, I wanted it to be a term of 36 months or less and a net APR less than what I was currently paying. Being that the debt I wanted was less than 10k the short term was easy to find, but because I was still in the process of rebuilding my credit I could not find a lower APR, especially once you included the "administration" fee that every lender was going to charge. The fee that every lender I found charged, meant first that if I needed $5,000 I would have to borrow $5,250 (I would get 5,000 and the lender would keep 250 for the fee). Second, the fee raised my APR from 25% to an effective rate of 30%, which was much higher than the average current rate I was already paying.

Because all the offers I was getting no matter which lender I tried was pretty much the same, I was close to giving up, so when I discovered LendingTree. It was probably my last attempt to consolidate my debt, at least until I raised my credit score to the next tier. LendingTree found me a lender with No fees and a lower APR, the term is only 24 months and the payment is less than half of what I was paying before.

The only reason I am giving them 4 stars instead of 5, is because when I initially ran the search for lenders on their Android app all the results were of companies offering terms similar to the ones I talked about earlier. It wasn't until I tried the search again on their website that the company that I selected appeared as an option. I applied for the loan, 20 minutes later someone called because they needed more info, which I immediately sent. About an hour after that I got an email saying I was approved, went online to review the terms and electronically sign the docs and the money was in my accounts the next day. (The company even sent some of the money directly to my credit card companies.) Overall great experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

Says approved but no final deposit. Unsure what to do next. Would be great if actually got loan. But no instructions on what to do next. If I'm not doing something please let me know. If I I need to submit more info tell me please. Every time it says final step then still nothing. Not sure if I'm dumb or it's a scam.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I'd been trying to apply for a personal loan for a while. But I knew my credit took a toll a few years back and every time I tried applying I would get denied. I started using LendingTree's credit monitoring service along with other ones to see what was wrong with my credit. Saw few kinks I had to work out and after I had fixed this, tried applying one more time. I didn't expect that my score at 664 would do been for Avant loans. But to my surprise I finally, after 12 tries over the last three years was approved by them. Provided the required documentation and within 24 hours I received my money in my bank account. This is all thanks to monitoring my credit and fixing the issues found. Thank you LendingTree!!!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

This place is horrible. The worst experience. They aren’t honest, tried to tell me that our income didn’t match refinancing our car loan which we was only trying to lower our rates. My experience was horrible. They pulled my credit way more than I was aware of leaving negative marks on my 730 credit score. I would never even consider using these crooks which is what they are in my opinion.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Heard about them from ads and a couple family members have used them with excellent results. I was in a very big bind financially over some medical flights that had to be booked pronto. Made 1 request though the site and literally within 2 mins they were working on it with hot hesitation of credit score. They did everything they could to find a match that wouldn't break my wallet. That's how companies should always be.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I had a fantastic experience with LendingTree and looking up loan offers. It was easy to apply and easy to set up. I had some questions so called in and received excellent customer service. Highly recommend!!!

LendingTree expert review by Michele Lerner

This online broker allows consumers and businesses to request and compare customized loan offers from a network of more than 350 lenders, banks and credit partners. The company's lender network offers a wide range of financial products including mortgages.

• Simple online application: The online application allows potential borrowers to submit a single request that is sent to multiple lenders for evaluation. It is simple to complete and does not require any detailed financial information.

• Instant quotes: Qualified applicants receive personalized loan offers in minutes. All consumers can visit the website to see customized interest rates by filling out a short form that does not require any personal information.

• No credit score impact: Consumers can request quotes and evaluate their loan options without affecting their credit score.

• Free, no-obligation quotes: No-obligation quotes are free, and lenders do not require consumers to pay any upfront fees to guarantee loan offers. Interested consumers can compare quotes to find the best offer for their situation.

• Tools and resources: The website offers online tools and resources, including personal credit scores, to help consumers manage their finances and make informed financial decisions.

• Best for: individuals who want to compare loan offers from multiple lenders and those who want to learn more about the homebuying process.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
      Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

LendingTree Company Information