4.36/5
Based on 119 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For Veterans, by Veterans, NewDay USA provides VA-guaranteed home loans and refinancing options.

Need cash? Our NewDay 100 VA loan allows you to refinance up to 100% of your home's value.

Looking to buy a home? With zero-down and zero PMI home loans, NewDay USA helps Veterans, like you, get the home you deserve. NewDay USA can also assist Veterans with lowering their current rate to put money back in your pocket each month.

NewDay USA offers free VA home appraisals, personal loan officers, and 70% of our loans close 30 days or less following appraisal receipt.

Read More Read More
Last updated: April 20, 2018

170 NewDay USA Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 19, 2018

The process was easy thanks to our agent, Brian **. He walked us through all the steps and made the whole thing pretty simple. I would recommend this company to a friend. We were surprised at how fast the loan went after all the paperwork was completed. We now have the funds to do some much needed repairs around the house and will still have money to take a vacation this summer in the RV.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Joe ** assisted us above and beyond. He was extremely knowledgeable and courteous throughout the process. We enjoyed working with him as well as in the future. No stress at all. I will recommend your service to anyone. We were reluctant at first but after talking to joe we were positive that we made the right decision.

Original review: April 17, 2018

In all of my years working with Insurance salesmen, Brokers, Used-car salespeople, Realtors, etc., I have never experienced the ineptitude and incompetence that we experienced working with NewDay Account Managers. Their lack of knowledge regarding VA rules and policies was outstanding, in light of NewDays' mission and promise to help US Veterans. I will forever refer fellow Veterans to other lending institutions to prevent them from experiencing the abuse and delay that we were subjected to. If this ship is being steered by an actual Admiral, it is sure to follow the Titanic to the ocean floor.

Original review: April 9, 2018

My wife and I are so happy that we choose NewDay USA to handle our home refinance mortgage. We cannot tell you how pleased we were to have Mr. Matt ** handle/process all the documents necessary to complete the massive amount of documents needed. He promised us that our home closing would take place within 30 days AND IT DID. Mr. ** did an outstanding job and we would greatly appreciate that he be recognized for his hard work as soon as possible.

Original review: April 8, 2018

First of all, would like to thank to NewDay USA in helping retired Us military personnel. They have helped us get a new lease on life, eliminating high credit cards debt by incorporating credit cards debt into refinance. We have the same mortgage payment before. We would like to thank Mr Alec ** who was assigned to us for the refinance. Mr Alec very professional and courteous, he seemed like he cares about helping people. We enjoyed very much working with him. I would highly recommend NewDay, for refinancing or home loan, because they will do whatever they can to get it approved. Again thank you to NEWDAY USA.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NewDay USA?

Original review: April 7, 2018

Everything went fine. Interest rate was a bit higher than I found at other mortgage companies, but NewDay offered a free home appraisal so it worked out. There were some misplaced papers at closing but it didn't delay closing, agent was able track them down and we closed on time.

Original review: April 6, 2018

There were a lot of documents to collect, but I found the process quite easy and the agent was very responsive and helpful! Was a pleasure doing business with you. My wife is the Veteran, from the US Army.

Original review: April 6, 2018

The staff at NewDay USA was very friendly and very helpful. Explained things further and more in depth when I needed or had questions being that this was my first time purchasing a home. I thought the process went very quick and smooth. I would definitely recommend NewDay USA to other service members and veterans. I couldn't be happier!

Original review: April 5, 2018

The Assistant Vice President - Loan Origination, - Sean ** was very helpful throughout the whole process. Mr. ** was courteous and quick to answer questions, helpful with all the needed paperwork. I didn't think it would take quite as long as it did to close the loan, but I didn't realize all the paperwork that would be necessary. Both the appraiser and the gentleman who came to close the loan were fine.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I refinanced my home after first intending to refinance with money from the process to pay down bills. When the appraisal came in too low for that I was offered the option to simply refinance the cost of the home, which I did. This ended up giving me a savings of over $1000 a month due to a lower rate and a lower mortgage amount. My account manager was Nicholas **. He was extremely helpful in the process by promptly responding to my questions and to any problems that arose. One thing that I would have found to have been very helpful would have been to have someone contact me after I received the preliminary closing documents to explain questions I had and to make sure I understood all of them. Generally it was a good experience.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Our experience when refinancing our mortgage recently was fast and relatively stress free. Nicholas **, our Account Executive was very knowledgeable about the process and kept us informed every step of the way. He offered and explained several options to help us make an informed decision about refinancing our mortgage. I would definitely recommend NewDay to others.

Original review: April 4, 2018

It was a pleasure to work with this company. They met every timetable that they had established in our process. The agent assigned to our account was very helpful and always kept us informed as to where we were in that process. We received our papers on time and the signing went smoothly.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Our experience with NewDay was way better than expected. Reading reviews at times can lead you one way or the other, so we went into this process with our guard up. I will tell you that working with NewDay was a great experience, and I would highly recommend their services.

Original review: April 3, 2018

We had a pleasant experience dealing with the NewDay representative that assisted us with the loan. I want to thank him for he had done in securing the loan for us. He is to be commended for his work ethic in helping us with this refi. Thank you again for securing the loan for us.

Original review: April 3, 2018

For quite a few years now, I had been trying to get a fixed rate loan and had been turned down many, many times. When I received your letter, I thought this is the last time I do this, but I will make an attempt to see if I qualify and I did. Mr. ** was so helpful and made everything go smoothly. The process was not painful. I had every document he asked for. I highly recommend NewDay USA.

Original review: April 2, 2018

Our experience was not the norm. Usually someone can get a refinance within 60 day or less. However, our situation was not the norm. Kirk called us after a representative had told us that we did not qualify for a refinance. He asked us more detailed questions and saw that we could qualify for an exception. He was thorough and I never felt like I had to call to check to see how things were going. He was always proactive in making sure things were followed up on. Kirk could have easily have told us that our situation did not qualify and move on to the next person. He saw that we could save over $1,000 a month and was willing to battle for us! Thank you Kirk! This kind of savings is going to help us get back on our feet again and be able to save! NewDay USA has a valuable team member! A real Keeper!

Original review: April 2, 2018

Wow. NewDay USA is a great organization! My representative Anthony **, was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was always kind, prompt and very professional. He also very willingly took the reins when I got busy here at the office. His tenacity and drive as my advocate always made me feel like the job would get done and that I was in good hands. Admiral ** I'd recommend NewDay USA and Anthony in a New York minute! Fair winds and following seas to all of you at NewDay!

Original review: April 2, 2018

We worked with David ** and he was very helpful, personable and patient in all the steps in securing this loan. We would like to thank him personally and hope this message gets to him and all the appropriate personnel. We will be happy to pass on to our family and friends your services.

Original review: April 2, 2018

Very pleased. The refinance was quick and easy. The agent we had Wayne ** was fantastic. Very pleasant and easy to work with. He kept us informed on every detail. This was the easiest refinance we have ever done. The last VA loan was painful. I would recommend NewDay to all the Veterans.

Original review: April 2, 2018

Harrison ** became my finance person after Nike ** (sp) went on a leave of absence. Mr. ** did a great job of walking me through every step of the refi. I always felt like he had my best interest at the forefront. Answering calls and emails after hours and on weekends. Everything that he said had to happen was relevant and true. Great job. Thank you.

Original review: April 1, 2018

Jake ** gave exceptional service in servicing my application for a home loan. Jake took time to listen to my personal needs going out of his way to accomplish my goal to move my family to a safe place. Jake was always professional and courteous returning my calls on a timely manner. I believe he went beyond what some would not consider important that helped get me the home I'm now living in. I absolutely cannot state enough how wonderful Jake ** was to work with. On the other hand your processor office needs work. Too many times they asked repeatedly for items that had been sent. But all said I would recommend your company mainly because of Jake!

Original review: March 31, 2018

Steve ** who help me processing my VA loan was exceptional. From beginning to end he answered all my questions and was there for me when I didn’t know what to do. I cannot say enough good things about NEWDAY and Steve **. It would be my pleasure to recommend NEWDAY to everyone I know.

Original review: March 30, 2018

My wife and I are very pleased with How Brian moved this through for us, he is truly an asset to NewDay USA and a very personable individual. I believe that what NewDay USA is doing for Veterans to be a very commendable endeavor. Our thanks to all.

Original review: March 30, 2018

What a fantastic opportunity! The 100% of appraisal value allowed me to retire all of my credit card and line-of-credit debts. The process was relatively simple and the loan officer guided me through every step. I would strongly encourage any qualified veteran to try NewDay for refinancing an existing mortgage.

Original review: March 30, 2018

My Account Executive, Carlton, was extremely helpful. He was in constant contact with me, keeping me up to date on the status of the application. There was absolutely minimal effort on my part. I would highly recommend taking advantage of this program to any veteran looking to reduce their mortgage interest rate.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Having gone thru several home loan processes over the years, I found that the system that New Day uses was very pleasant. Any documentation they needed I was able to submit via e-mail, and the final doc signing, where the notary came to our house was very pleasant. The loan rep was always available to answer questions and stayed in contact. I would recommend New Day USA to any qualified person seeking a home loan or refi.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I was led to believe that your organization was dedicated to helping, no relieving the veteran from financial pressures. I am a US Marine veteran 72 years of age still dealing with a war that we could never win or it seem not supposed to win. But at any rate your representative Tony ** did an excellent job selling your position of helping veterans and I have read your core principles that doesn't meet my experience. It was almost a done when the package was rejected because my home didn't qualify as it was a manufactured home, nobody asked up front and should have before I got my hopes up for help. My home is insured under a standard Homeowners setting on a foundation of block all new replacement windows and with a new gable roof. I can't begin to tell you how betrayed I felt. Please understand I cannot or will I endorse your company to any of my brother vets, and I have many.

Original review: March 28, 2018

We are very satisfied in doing our loan with you. We truly appreciate and are thankful to the loan manager Michael ** who provided us with his knowledge and expertise and care that made the loan procedure so much more simplified and pleasant. Thank you so very much. He truly is an asset to your company. We would also like to commend the time frame in which everything was handled. Great job.

Original review: March 28, 2018

VERY PLEASED with my dealings with NewDay USA!! I was treated professionally throughout the entire process of obtaining my mortgage refinance. Daniel ** was my POC during the entire procedure and was very knowledgeable, courteous and polite. Daniel treated me with respect. If you are buying a new home or refinancing an existing home loan, I recommend NewDay USA to my fellow Veterans and military retirees.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Exceptional advice and service re Loan No. **, and much praise for Loan Officer Mr. Lewis **. From the initial contact with NewDay, we were kept informed of any issues that might have arose, and counseled us through the resolution of all. We were impressed with the skill and knowledge that was afforded to us and we are on the road to financial security and independence. Thank you for all of your assistance.

NewDay USA expert review by Michele Lerner

NewDay USA is a mortgage team that is mostly comprised of veterans. It is dedicated to providing veterans with maximum benefits, including special mortgage or reverse mortgage terms.

• Offers VA benefits as well as reverse mortgages: Veterans may qualify for even more funds as a result of having served or continuing to serve with the U.S. military.

• Quick turnaround: NewDay USA processes reverse mortgages within 30 days of application, so consumers get access to money quickly.

• Online and phone customer support: Customers can get support online or over the phone 24 hours a day.

• Focus: Consumers may have a hard time finding information on reverse mortgage products because NewDay USA offers other types of loans as well.

• Information: NewDay USA doesn’t offer any information online about what reverse mortgages are or how they work.

• Best for: Seniors on fixed income and seniors who want to enjoy their later years.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner

Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

NewDay USA Company Information