Call toll free
4.40/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For Veterans, by Veterans, NewDay USA provides VA-guaranteed home loans and refinancing options.

Need cash? Our NewDay 100 VA loan allows you to refinance up to 100% of your home's value.

Looking to buy a home? With zero-down and zero PMI home loans, NewDay USA helps Veterans, like you, get the home you deserve. NewDay USA can also assist Veterans with lowering their current rate to put money back in your pocket each month.

NewDay USA offers free VA home appraisals, personal loan officers, and 70% of our loans close 30 days or less following appraisal receipt.

NewDay USA Gallery (6)
View More View More

281 NewDay USA Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Everything went smoothly. Daniel ** was a great Loan Service specialist. No problems, great professional service. Refinance process took a little over 30 days and Daniel walked us through and was always available to answer questions asked. Highly recommended. All service members should use NewDay USA for their home loan and refinance needs.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I would like to acknowledge Joshua ** as an essential part of why the process went so smoothly. He was always polite and respectful and I felt a sense of confidence that assured me I was working with the right people. Thank you Joshua. I will recommended NewDay to others.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

We had a great experience. Zach was efficient and responsive. He returned phone calls and e-mails promptly. Documentation requirements were minimal. The process was not time consuming or overwhelming. The closing went very smoothly and efficiently, and just the right amount of explanation was made. Closing in our home was very convenient.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

The account manager, Zachary **, was extremely helpful in securing my loan. He was professional, knowledgeable, courteous and supportive. Zack made the very stressful process tolerable. He was great to work with. He kept me informed every step of the way and explained fully the details of every transaction. Because of Zack, I would highly recommend to others doing business with New Day Financial.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Rate of closing - Seems too close as quickly as we could. Rep was nice to work with and helpful with even the difficult problems we had. The first attempt with Neil ** also set up our going back and finishing the refi, with you. Thanks for hanging in there with us on this our largest investment.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NewDay USA?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

My loan officer, Alex **, was very courteous and very helpful going through this process. He listed the things I needed to do and whom to contact to speed things along. He kept me informed and notified of how things were proceeding. I would recommend NewDay USA to any veteran who would like a new home mortgage or just to consolidate their bills. Being now retired, NewDay USA has allowed me to pay off my bills, and with a smaller payment, leave enough that I can now have enough money left over to enjoy my retirement years. Thanks, NewDay USA!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

He was very helpful and friendly. Help with all my questions and got back with answers right away. Would give anyone that wanted a loan to go with NewDay. Everything was done in a timely manner with no hold ups in any manner. Was impressed on all that was done with no hold ups.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

NewDay USA is a scam designed to bleed cash out of our nation’s veterans. In 2016 my wife and I finally had enough equity in our existing 7.25% mortgage (we took an equity loan just before the bottom fell out in 2007 and ended up underwater), to refinance. Both of us had credit scores in the 790s when we applied with NewDay. They came back with a 30 year rate of 4.75%. This is a full percentage point higher than out existing bank was quoting on a VA loan. The difference over the course of 30 years would have meant tens of thousands of dollars in NewDay’s pockets at our expense. Multiply this by the thousands of Vets they are giving these high quotes to, and you have a company that exists to rip veterans off. The Admiral should be ashamed and this company should be invest by the Feds for questionable lending practices.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

My account executive walk me through this process and I couldn’t de any more thankful! My refi was quick and easy. New Day was a great company to be involved with and I will definitely recommend my family and friends to look into New Day! The online process was easygoing and secure. I was able to close with minimal hassle.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Megan was very helpful getting everything done on a time just as she told us. All of her targets were meet. This was done working with two people that are not real computer people. This made our closing come with no surprises. We would recommend anyone that is a vet to call New Day UDS.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Overall happy with my mortgage loan and the assistance of my assistant Joe **. I was able to pay off my loans and credit cards with my cash out amount, thanks to all who were involved in the processing of my mortgage loan. A special thanks to Thomas **, RADM (Retired).

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Jacob ** was extremely helpful through the whole process. He answered all my wife's and my questions in simple to understand terms. We had a little trouble setting the closing date but that was all on my end. My mother was in a hospice house. Jacob was very patient and said he only needed a 48 hour window to work with. I will recommend NewDay to all the vets I know because of Jacob. I was extremely impressed by him.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Very pleased with the entire process. Kim was great and helped me through every step of the process. During the loan process, I was being treated for lung cancer so thankfully Kim pretty much took care of everything with me hardly having to do anything which was so appreciated. The entire process was very smooth and the great part was I never had to leave my house. So thankful for NewDay. Best loan experience ever.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Applied for a refi with a 20K cashout and got the extreme sales pitch from the very first moment and told repeatedly how the good Admiral loves his vets. My current mortgage is 220K on a home valued at 350K. Have a stellar credit score of 805. Lived in the house for 18 years and paid every month without problems. Have a VA disability income, corporate pension, and social security and was told income was insufficient for credit requested. Then came the real sales pitch with the “have I got a deal for you”. Offered to pay off my 6K of total credit card debt, proffered an inflated new mortgage interest rate of 5.85 percent for a fixed 20 year term.

I laughed heartily and told them I had received one other offer already with a fixed 20 year 4.35 interest rate without having all the hassle and without having to endure all the ludicrous behavior. NewDay USA is a scam and they obviously prey on veterans. Stay far, far away unless you enjoy dealing with “used car sales types” and want to get taken to the cleaners.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Refinancing my home - The overall experience was very positive. The only glitch was that the first appraiser did not submit his report at all. This caused an extended delay. My recommendation is do not use that appraiser again. Brandon, who was my contact did an excellent job keeping me aware of what was happening from start to finish. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I reached out to NewDay for a home refinance. Everything was going smoothly until we had the house appraised. Since we had taken out the floors, the appraisal wouldn't be complete until flooring was installed. Joseph, our account executive worked with us the whole way so we could get the refinance done. He went above and beyond anything I expected to make sure our refinance was complete. He worked with the flooring contractor, and my wife to get things done. Because of Joseph's work ethic, I would recommend NewDay to anyone. Joseph is surely a huge asset to your company and I am glad I got to work with him. In the end, we have the refinance we wanted and beautiful floors. All thanks to him.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

From the moment I made the call and spoke to Kelly, I felt myself relax. I had been wanting to refinance for a while but was dreading the process. I was only planning to ask questions and continue searching for the right company. Kelly was so grounded and genuine with her questions I knew had found the best company. I was continuously impressed by Kelly's diligence, hard work and keeping the process moving. She was with me every step of the way, I never felt neglected or wondered how things were going. I had a problem with my Quit Claim Deed and she was right there, helped me get this processed correctly and even communicated with my ex-husband to explain what needed to be done.

This was well above anything I expected! I am so satisfied and grateful, I've been telling everyone at work about it. Kelly is definitely an asset to your company and I'm very happy I had the pleasure of doing business with you. I highly recommend to everyone calling New Day first before any other establishment. Thank you so much!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Adm. **, I do want to congratulate you and your staff on a very positive experience with New Day. Both Cody ** and Sarah ** professionally guided both seller and buyer through the process, with minimal disruptions. The only problem I encountered was my Interest Rate jumped from 4.375% to 5.9% during the process, and several local inspection requirements went unnoticed. Regardless, I am really happy to be a homeowner again.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

My wife and I canceled our application with Freedom Mortgage and decided to go with NewDay. After a year and seven months of making our payments on time and never being late, they decide to drop us and also decide that we will deal with Freedom Mortgage from now on. Very disrespectful and unprofessional! That is not for them to decide which mortgage company we have. That is for my wife and I to decide. This is one veteran that they proved they don't give a hoot about. They are dishonest and disloyal. We signed up for a 30 year mortgage, not a year and seven months.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

My agent was very nice and did everything he could to speed up the process. He kept me up to date on what he to needed, when he needed it and how to receive it. He showed his expertise and intelligence on the home refinance application process And directions to get things done.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I received a home loan from NewDay. I was very satisfied with my loan officer and his assistant. They did an excellent job and I closed the loan early. I was able to negotiate a $9000 concession from the seller to nearly pay off my closing costs. I wholeheartedly recommend NewDay and I hope Ryan ** is your loan officer.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I tried other companies. Was not happy with terms interest too high so I called NewDay USA. The reception I received from Nick was refreshing. Our background with our credit and medical problems. Nick work out a solution to help us get back on solid ground. We are in good shape money and credit wise. Paid all the bills off. Great interest rate. Lower our payments. Closed on time. Will recommend Nick and NewDay USA to all my friends.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

My wife and I just purchased a home and used USA for a VA loan, we are completely satisfied with the whole process, Mr Zachary ** was always professional and kept us informed of everything every step of the way. We appreciate him so much, he did a excellent job for us.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

We just purchased a new home and I want to personally thank Janelle ** and William ** for all their support. They were exceptional ensuring I had all the appropriate documentation to complete the loan process. I look forward to continuing working with New Day and will ensure to recommend NewDay to all my veteran friends.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I completed an application online, it was only a few minutes after I sent it the application in that I received a call from Mr. Ben **, he identified himself and asked if it was okay to go over my application. From that time to closing I had no problems, Ben kept me informed all the way. Ben always made it seem like I was talking to a friend and sharing information. In fact, as I sit and think about my experience it doesn't even seem like I went through anything, but the results are here. Again, Mr. Ben ** was very helpful and knowledgeable. If I had to do this again my choice would be NewDay hands down. And yes I would recommend New Day to all my Veteran friends. New Day you were a blessing to me, thanks and God bless you for being the type of company that makes it easy for Veterans.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Wow I can't begin to express how easy this company made this process for us! Evan was so helpful every step of the way and always kept us informed! I would recommend NewDay to all my friends! My only regret is inquiring sooner. I tried 2 different companies prior and was turned down both times! NewDay gave us a new start! Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Joe was exceptional and is an asset to NewDay. Your interest rate was a point and a half higher than our original mortgage but we still took advantage of the VA program and that can also be attributed to Joe ** and his ability to communicate. Thank you for your service NewDay!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I will be sending a certified letter to Mr. ** with my comments about my loan processing. I am sorry I used NewDay for my loan. From the beginning of the process it has been nothing short of stressful. I feel money is due back to me but I will never see it. My closing date was held up to NewDay's error.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I kept getting mailings from NewDay & seeing commercial. So me and my wife started talking and then called... Matt helped us and he was very personable... and it only took us 30 to close with 100% money out refinance. I encourage all vets to give NewDay a chance... very veteran centric. THANKS NEWDAY.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I refinance with NewDay USA hoping to get the best experience of a lifetime and was only disappointed at the very end. The person helping me can't seem to find answers to the whereabouts of my closing funds. I am a person who believes in being on time and organized. So when those things don't happen as promised then that's a problem for me.

NewDay USA expert review by Michele Lerner

NewDay USA is a mortgage team that is mostly comprised of veterans. It is dedicated to providing veterans with maximum benefits, including special mortgage or reverse mortgage terms.

• Offers VA benefits as well as reverse mortgages: Veterans may qualify for even more funds as a result of having served or continuing to serve with the U.S. military.

• Quick turnaround: NewDay USA processes reverse mortgages within 30 days of application, so consumers get access to money quickly.

• Online and phone customer support: Customers can get support online or over the phone 24 hours a day.

• Focus: Consumers may have a hard time finding information on reverse mortgage products because NewDay USA offers other types of loans as well.

• Information: NewDay USA doesn’t offer any information online about what reverse mortgages are or how they work.

• Best for: Seniors on fixed income and seniors who want to enjoy their later years.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

NewDay USA Company Information