Call toll free
4.39/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For Veterans, by Veterans, NewDay USA provides VA-guaranteed home loans and refinancing options.

Need cash? Our NewDay 100 VA loan allows you to refinance up to 100% of your home's value.

Looking to buy a home? With zero-down and zero PMI home loans, NewDay USA helps Veterans, like you, get the home you deserve. NewDay USA can also assist Veterans with lowering their current rate to put money back in your pocket each month.

NewDay USA offers free VA home appraisals, personal loan officers, and 70% of our loans close 30 days or less following appraisal receipt.

NewDay USA Gallery (6)
View More View More

303 NewDay USA Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

My experience was a very positive one. Our agent Zach ** explained the process. What happened was exactly what happened. There were a couple of bumps but it was all managed by Zach. He is an excellent professional. You have met your commitment. Thank You! I will recommend you to friends & family members.

Get expert buying tips about VA Loan Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Very easy to use and everybody we dealt with were very professional. Very user friendly too... Highly recommend using New Day. Very fast turn around time on everything we had to do. It's nice to work with such professionalism. Thank you so much for your time and patience with my lack of computer skills.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

We had a great experience with New Day. From the initial contact to closing, Ben ** was very professional and answered all of our questions. The process was very easy. I was skeptical before starting, but I was pleasantly surprised. I highly recommend New Day to all Veterans and their families.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Great experience easy and fast. Ryan took us through the process kept constant contact. He was extremely knowledgeable and able to share insight to enable us to get the proper paperwork in order. The loan process was very quick. It only took a couple of weeks. I would recommend this service to anyone that would be considering refinancing their home. I believe this service will help veterans get ahead and live a better life.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Great service, responsive to all concerns, questions. Agent was able to answer and address any concerns I had. I am completely satisfied with New Day and have recommended to my future daughter in law. She and my oldest son are getting married in July and looking to purchase a home in Bartlesville, Okla.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NewDay USA?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Our experience started off good and turned into a nightmare. My husband will be 90 in June, & a WW2 Veteran. I had to have cataract surgery and on a fixed income, chose my eyesight over a house payment. They never contacted us on why our payment was late so we could work with them. Gave us to Freedom Mortgage. Thrown under the bus & had excellent credit before that! So much for help!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

The process was easy and straightforward. If you have all your paperwork and documents ready beforehand, you will be surprised how easy the entire process will be. Being prepared helped closed my loan in less than 3 weeks. We were able to meet our closing date 2 weeks before the set date.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I want to thank the entire NewDay USA team for assisting me and my family. My loan officer Mr. ** was instrumental in getting this process going in the right direction and I am truly thankful to him. I have a second chance to do it right! Veterans helping Veterans! I truly recommend before you make a decision give NewDay a call...

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

From start to finish, the service was professional and the results were outstanding. Their informative communication and constant effort to provide timely service and sound advice made my Loan Refinance a great experience. Their commitment to perform expeditiously during the Holiday was remarkable which demonstrated a dedication to Customer Service that is seldom found. I highly recommend their service.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Joseph **, AVP Loan origination, well we had mediocre expectations when we first called. Those expectations were quickly squelched. Joe was attentive, supporting, understood exactly what we needed and executed flawlessly. In my 67 years of working with financial institutions, NewDay was amazing. We closed in less than 30 days and the load allowed us to move toward being debt free. To Joseph ** and the whole NewDay team, THANK YOU! 5 Stars across the board. looking forward to working with you when in the future.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

This was the worst loan experience I have ever had. From improper pay off amounts to rate going up. Never would I recommend this company to anyone. I am working on an indebt letter to the BBB. Thanks for nothing. This was dealing with used car salespeople. I got approved 1 day before closing at a 1% lower rate. But no Regi couldn't work with it.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Matt did an excellent job of preparing me for a successful close to my home refi. His persistence and determination helped us both see it through and have all necessary documentation turned in by the various deadlines. I was very happy with his professionalism and consideration towards my time. I would recommend his services to others who may be looking to refi.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Excellent customer service, and speedy closing process. NewDay was able to get me a home loan that was 100% of my home value. This enabled me to pay off most credit card debt and some extra needed cash for the holidays. I would definitely recommend NewDay for any Veteran looking to either re-finance or just need some extra cash to get them through a difficult time.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

This experience was superior in EVERY way! My loan officer, Brian **, did an exemplary job. The easiest, smoothest mortgage experience I have ever had, and I have had a number of mortgages throughout my lifetime, including other VA loans! Anyone considering a VA loan of any type would be wise to choose NewDay USA!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

My loan was handled professionally and with respect. It could not have been made any easier. Thanks for everything that was done to help. I would recommend. My contact Zachary ** went above and beyond to help. I would do this again if needed. If there is anything I could do I would.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Outstanding experience from start to finish. Sam ** our Account Executive provided outstanding advice and service throughout the entire process. He thoroughly explained each step of the process so we were not unprepared for what was expected. It was a pleasure dealing with Sam, and we sent an email to several weeks ago to his boss, complimenting Sam's performance and our pleasant experience.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

My experience with NewDay USA was outstanding from start to finish. My loan Handler Chad ** was one of the most professional people I have ever dealt with in any field. I would absolutely recommend you to other veterans. I could be any more satisfied with this loan process through NewDay USA.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I want to greatly thanks Evan ** for his help in making possible for my family and me to have a very good Christmas and a new year 2019. Everything he did and the work done was excellent, he made me feel very comfortable from the beginning of the refinance mortgage application until it's last day. Evan never stopped working, even the weekends worked to make it possible for our dream to come true. At first, I was doubtful that everything would be completed before the start of the new year, but Evan ** took away my doubts. I highly recommend any client who wants to make his dream come true to contact NewDay USA. A wonderful and educational experience.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

My experience was very good. The Loan Officer I worked with was very helpful and proactive. I was able to complete the refinance process in about 45 days. I would recommend NewDay to my Veteran friends. The only negative would be the closing costs. Reducing the closing costs to a bare minimum would make the process more attractive.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

NewDay USA sold my loan to another company—Freedom Mortgage, whom I’ve never heard of, and, simultaneously, my monthly mortgage payment went up $64. I have since had several calls from Freedom for no apparent reason and no explanation as to why the payment went up.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Entire process exceeded our expectations. This was the first refi we did over the phone and via e-mail. Tristan and Mike were extremely professional and stayed in communication with us throughout the process. The appraisal was completed when they said it would be and we closed earlier than originally expected. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Obtaining the loan through NewDay was easy and we dealt with a loan agent who was always friendly and professional. HOWEVER, only about 2 weeks after the loan closed, we get the notice that the loan has been sold to PHH Mortgage... PHH Mortgage is a company in which 49 attorney generals filed a class action lawsuit for poor business practices; if you search for PHH Mortgage, all you will find is one-star complaints with very serious allegations. The new year approaches, and we have not had to make our first payment yet until January to PHH Mortgage; but based on what these reviews are describing, we are in for a nightmare. So I am only going to give NewDay two stars; we feel we were catfished into dealing with a substandard company.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Everything went smoothly. Daniel ** was a great Loan Service specialist. No problems, great professional service. Refinance process took a little over 30 days and Daniel walked us through and was always available to answer questions asked. Highly recommended. All service members should use NewDay USA for their home loan and refinance needs.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I would like to acknowledge Joshua ** as an essential part of why the process went so smoothly. He was always polite and respectful and I felt a sense of confidence that assured me I was working with the right people. Thank you Joshua. I will recommended NewDay to others.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

We had a great experience. Zach was efficient and responsive. He returned phone calls and e-mails promptly. Documentation requirements were minimal. The process was not time consuming or overwhelming. The closing went very smoothly and efficiently, and just the right amount of explanation was made. Closing in our home was very convenient.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

The account manager, Zachary **, was extremely helpful in securing my loan. He was professional, knowledgeable, courteous and supportive. Zack made the very stressful process tolerable. He was great to work with. He kept me informed every step of the way and explained fully the details of every transaction. Because of Zack, I would highly recommend to others doing business with New Day Financial.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Rate of closing - Seems too close as quickly as we could. Rep was nice to work with and helpful with even the difficult problems we had. The first attempt with Neil ** also set up our going back and finishing the refi, with you. Thanks for hanging in there with us on this our largest investment.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

My loan officer, Alex **, was very courteous and very helpful going through this process. He listed the things I needed to do and whom to contact to speed things along. He kept me informed and notified of how things were proceeding. I would recommend NewDay USA to any veteran who would like a new home mortgage or just to consolidate their bills. Being now retired, NewDay USA has allowed me to pay off my bills, and with a smaller payment, leave enough that I can now have enough money left over to enjoy my retirement years. Thanks, NewDay USA!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

He was very helpful and friendly. Help with all my questions and got back with answers right away. Would give anyone that wanted a loan to go with NewDay. Everything was done in a timely manner with no hold ups in any manner. Was impressed on all that was done with no hold ups.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

NewDay USA is a scam designed to bleed cash out of our nation’s veterans. In 2016 my wife and I finally had enough equity in our existing 7.25% mortgage (we took an equity loan just before the bottom fell out in 2007 and ended up underwater), to refinance. Both of us had credit scores in the 790s when we applied with NewDay. They came back with a 30 year rate of 4.75%. This is a full percentage point higher than out existing bank was quoting on a VA loan. The difference over the course of 30 years would have meant tens of thousands of dollars in NewDay’s pockets at our expense. Multiply this by the thousands of Vets they are giving these high quotes to, and you have a company that exists to rip veterans off. The Admiral should be ashamed and this company should be invest by the Feds for questionable lending practices.

NewDay USA expert review by Michele Lerner

NewDay USA is a mortgage team that is mostly comprised of veterans. It is dedicated to providing veterans with maximum benefits, including special mortgage or reverse mortgage terms.

• Offers VA benefits as well as reverse mortgages: Veterans may qualify for even more funds as a result of having served or continuing to serve with the U.S. military.

• Quick turnaround: NewDay USA processes reverse mortgages within 30 days of application, so consumers get access to money quickly.

• Online and phone customer support: Customers can get support online or over the phone 24 hours a day.

• Focus: Consumers may have a hard time finding information on reverse mortgage products because NewDay USA offers other types of loans as well.

• Information: NewDay USA doesn’t offer any information online about what reverse mortgages are or how they work.

• Best for: Seniors on fixed income and seniors who want to enjoy their later years.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

NewDay USA Company Information

20759
(844)-450-1540
newdayusa.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.