Call toll free
4.42/5
Based on 150 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For Veterans, by Veterans, NewDay USA provides VA-guaranteed home loans and refinancing options.

Need cash? Our NewDay 100 VA loan allows you to refinance up to 100% of your home's value.

Looking to buy a home? With zero-down and zero PMI home loans, NewDay USA helps Veterans, like you, get the home you deserve. NewDay USA can also assist Veterans with lowering their current rate to put money back in your pocket each month.

NewDay USA offers free VA home appraisals, personal loan officers, and 70% of our loans close 30 days or less following appraisal receipt.

NewDay USA Gallery (6)
View More View More

210 NewDay USA Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I spoke to a loan officer named Cody whom processed my loan application. After reviewing my excellent credit he had the audacity to quote me a high rate charging me 2 points on the back of the loan and an origination fee which all the fees totaled up to $20,000.00. I asked him why would he think that I would agree for them to take $20,000.00 of my equity in my home. I am a disabled veteran and served my country for 22 years. I also did my research about this company and found out that they lost their license to do VA loans. I am very disgusted with this company and how they are ripping off Veterans. Some action needs to take place to put them out of business.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Our refinance with New Day went very well. Our account agent William ** was prompt, helpful, and knowledgeable. The process is very streamlined with the ability to e-sign documents up until the closing. Overall I’m satisfied with my experience and would recommend New Day to anyone who was looking to refinance their home into a VA loan.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

My experience with NewDay has been great. As a prior Mortgage Broker, I did have some misgivings about dealing with a lender I did not know, however, Matt ** was very helpful and my husband and I would recommend NewDay to any Veteran. Matt kept us informed the entire process and it went very smooth.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Great experience. Mr. Teddy ** did a great job of keeping my loan moving. Mine is an unusual situation since I am self-employed with rental income making up the bulk of my income. Verification of rental income seems to be a difficult chore for most banking companies but Teddy stuck with it and got it done. Very happy with the outcome.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Home refi - Overall a good experience. Found Joe to be very respectful, polite, and experienced. Very prompt in returning calls. I was pleasantly surprise in the whole process. I would recommend you for sure.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NewDay USA?

Original review: June 29, 2018

Ben ** was excellent to work with, very knowledgeable, the whole process was very quick and professional. Thank you NewDay for an exceptional experience. Will highly recommend to any veteran to use this company! We were informed of each step. Any questions were promptly answered. Excellent company!! Thank you for your service admiral. And for your company NEWDAY!! God Bless.

Original review: June 17, 2018

This company does not deliver on what they promise. They take months to close a loan, when they promised 30 days. Once closed the customer service department has nice people but it’s inefficient. It’s like talking to robots. You can’t get answers to anything. They try to pull every trick they can to charge you fees if possible. We had a hail claim and the insurance company sent a large check to them, in turn they had to endorse it and send it back to us. It took MONTHS! This happened every time! Our contractors had to wait for months to be paid, outrageous. We are considering a refi to get away from them. They claim to take care of our military, it’s a scam and a joke.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I was pleasantly pleased with the efficiency and speed of your loan process, as well as the people who interacted with me. Kudos to Alec **. I am still waiting to see how the payoff of some of my prior bills goes but I am confident it will go off without a hitch. Overall great experience. Thanks.

Original review: June 12, 2018

We are thrilled with our experience with NewDay USA. The refinancing process was made so easy, they did almost all of the work and guided us through what was expected of us. We had tried a couple other companies before we found NewDay and were left very unsatisfied. Our agent, Courtland ** couldn't have been nicer or more helpful and professional.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I wanted to take a minute to express the gratitude I have for NewDay with getting my VA loan. I have been struggling for a couple of years with debt, refinanced my house a couple of times after making improvements, however, I could just never get over the top of the problem. I would seem like I would refinance, get close to getting out of it, but there were always a couple of bills that would keep pushing me back down. I have had some great experiences in the 10 years I've been in the military, great training, new places, however, all of this usually meant time away from my family. I was blessed with the opportunity to take them to Virginia with me for a few months while I was on training and that was an experience they will never forget, however, on the way home, we experienced a few more costs than we were planning for which I had to put on a credit card.

I was doing ok, making ends meet and had an opportunity to work for the National Guard on a full time. This is a great career move, however, my promotion from 2LT to 1LT took unreasonably long (normally 3-6 months, mine took almost a year). This unfortunately meant $1,000 loss every month for six months. This also forced me to get a second job and place whatever I couldn't cover on a credit card. At the beginning of this year, that card was almost $12,000. (It had a $9,5000 limit, so not sure how I was able to go so far over, but it let me.) With my back pay from the promotion and my tax return, I was able to pay off some debt and get the card down to $9,500, but it wasn't enough, plus I still had a few old loans that were just keeping me financially unstable.

Now, my debt is nearly wiped out and I can actually live within my budget and save money!!! I have a bathroom I have been wanting to finish for the past two years (I have 4 daughters and a wife, so five ladies in one house, I need more bathrooms!!) and I can do it on a budget, pay cash, and have financial stability. The best part about this process (besides actually getting out of debt) was working with Kevin. He did great, worked very hard to ensure I knew what was going on, responded to all of my emails and phone calls even late at night. I hope he actually went home. The process was seamless, smooth, and went just as he said it would. I am very impressed with his work ethic, professionalism, and dedication to getting everything done and making it right. I could not have asked for a better experience. Thank you all, I am proud to serve this country, and I am proud to be a NewDay customer.

Original review: June 4, 2018

We were unsure as to how we would be treated because of our age. We were VERY surprised at how warmly we were treated. Every step was so easy and the young man who helped us (Mark **) bent over backwards to get it done right. He was polite and available to answer any of our questions. Our sincere Thanks for helping us see things a little brighter.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Easy quick home financing, with a personal touch. Thomas ** was very friendly, always helpful and professional. NewDay paid for the appraisal and took care of all the details by phone and or online. Paid off some loans and old mortgage and some cash in my pocket. I highly recommend New Day to all veterans.

Original review: June 4, 2018

NewDay USA was a pleasure to work with, and our agent, JOE, was very helpful and informative as the process moved along. The online forms were easy to navigate and auto sign. This was a very easy refinance for us, and I thank all who were involved.

Original review: June 1, 2018

All went very well, my rep was very professional Brandon, and when he went out on daddy leave, his boss filled in like a trooper. The whole process went without a hitch. They went above and beyond there duty. Thanks. Bravo Zulu for all. This was easy process and it didn't take long.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Daniel ** was of invaluable assistance in processing our loan and ensuring it meets our needs. It went swiftly and we always knew where we were in the process. We both highly recommend NewDay! We have now successfully transitioned. Thank you!!

Original review: May 29, 2018

I had received a call from Erin ** with NewDay USA Mortgage. After giving me the great car salesman pitch of this Mortgage company doing everything it can for Veterans and providing the best service for Veterans. I asked what is the minimum credit FICO requirement for a VA loan. I was told that they have been known to approve veterans at a 589 to 590 FICO score. So I proceeded to do the application. Here's the breakdown.

VA requirements of debt to income ratio is 41%. I only have a truck that is $895/mo and a car that is $556/mo. My monthly income $4700/mo. With the 41% debt to ratio income I'm allowed roughly $1879.85 towards bills to qualify. Yet mine is around $1400/ mo with 2 vehicles. And the only approval that NewDay USA could provide is $175K. Yet I can tell you this that Veteran First Lending does care about Veterans and was able to provide a much larger lending amount. (Basically allowing a Veteran to Purchase a home) I don't think NewDay USA cares about veterans at all. It pretty much works like I can loan this amount. Take or leave it. I've got quotas meet. I unfortunately cannot give this company the negative star rating it deserves so it will only get 1. I ask all VETERANS to Be aware of this company as they do not care about you nor do they have your best interest in mind. Avoid at all cost.

Original review: May 28, 2018

I would like to thank John ** for the service I received during this process. He was very helpful and kept me up to date at every step. It is so nice in the day and age to see a company provide the kind of service they advertise. I will recommend NewDay to all my Veteran friends.

Original review: May 23, 2018

NewDay has been an answer to prayer for us because we had allowed our credit card debt to get out of control, and it's such a blessing that New Day assisted us to be able to put our home equity to work to get us out of the credit card mess. Not only was Tyler ** incredibly helpful to us, but he was always very respectful and attentive. If we needed to call him, he always returned our calls in a very timely manner. After all of the paperwork was signed and completed, Tyler even called us to make sure everything was in order and done to our satisfaction! THANK YOU, NEW DAY!

Original review: May 21, 2018

Christopher was professional, prompt, and cheerful, which made our experience with NewDay so easy! Christopher is extremely knowledgeable, and is so experienced that he was on top of developments at every step of the way. These attributes ensured us we would go through this process with as little pain as possible. I cannot say, "Thank you!" enough for a job very well done!

Original review: May 21, 2018

Very pleased with the service I received from Cody **. He was very timely with answers to any questions I had and very helpful throughout the entire process. I would highly recommend this company and Mr. **. Mr. ** was very patient with the problems that arose concerning the sell of my home which seemed to take forever.

Original review: May 21, 2018

My loan was very complicated but NewDay did an awesome job making it go through. I was very pleased with Trevor ** for his dedication and commitment to make sure my loan went through. Although, there was some rough patches, he did stay calm and assuring that everything would be okay. This is the first bank that has ever taken a chance on me and I really appreciate it! We are now debt free outisde of our home loan because NewDay made it happen! THANK YOU!

Original review: May 16, 2018

Have been getting the NewDay USA correspondence and finally went online to sign up and see about a refinance to a lower rate and a 15 year term. Before I could complete the online information there was some guy calling and then asking me all the questions. I really did not have the time for him, but he was pushy. We went through all the information and then he is telling me that I don't qualify because of my credit rating- which he is quoting 70 points lower than the FICO scores of the three credit bureau reports I am then looking at on my computer screen.

I subscribe to the Experian service so it's up to date. He says I am wrong and when I ask which of the 3 he is quoting from he gets vague and wants to push me to a higher priced product. I hung up. This is dishonest marketing and a disgrace to be taking advantage of us as veterans in the process. Be wary of these folks. I talked to my current lender about refinance and got straight talk from them.

Original review: May 9, 2018

After applying for a cash out loan and receiving documents to sign I was shocked with the closing costs. 260,000 dollar 30 year fixed loan. My closing cost less cash out would be over 18,000 dollars. Vets beware of the tv ads. I have owned over 25 homes in my 70 years. Not my first rodeo. A Navy veteran from the Vietnam era. Please, please buyer beware.

Original review: May 8, 2018

Adm, Aaron was outstanding! He made this so simple and easy. He is an asset to your organization. I would personally recommend him and NEWDAY to anyone. My wife and I are very grateful with his demeanor and professionalism. I am retired and a good friend of Jack **'s the 12th SMA. Thank you all at NewDay for taking all the stress out of this buy. Aaron did a fantastic job.

Original review: May 8, 2018

When I first started talking to Brent he was easy to chat with. He explained the how the process would be and gave me an idea of the closing date. I will be telling my Veteran friends about you and would actually recommend you to them! I found this company and the process to be honest, sincere and do things quickly... Very impressed with this company.

Original review: May 8, 2018

Had a small closing problem along the way (our fault) but overall, the process was fair and good. Peyton ** did a great job for us during the loan application process and "stayed with us" for our 2nd chance. For that, we appreciate her! Sorry we delayed things for a little while, however, that is the way the situation played out on our side and you had to be here to understand.

Original review: May 6, 2018

The experience was super! Everything went well and our representative was fast, clear, helpful and pleasant at all times! It was easy to get the right instructions on what was needed! Thank you so much for all the help! It was a very pleasant experience! We were able to do everything that we needed! It freed us up!

Original review: May 5, 2018

From start to finish NewDay USA was with us all the way. If the customer does its part and provides the required documents that is needed to get the ball rolling, it's a snap and NewDay USA handles EVERYTHING for you! They are wonderful! What I liked the most is getting pre-approved from the very beginning, not just getting pre-qualified. It makes a big difference and closing can occur earlier in some cases!

Original review: May 4, 2018

Your agent Colin ** was extremely helpful and professional during this process. It reminded me of when I was on active duty and received the care that we gave each other. I miss that kind of interactions. I want to thank you so very much for doing business with me and my wife.

Original review: May 4, 2018

From start to finish... my loan rep. Zach, kept in touch and handled my loan with extreme professionalism and courtesy! He was able to answer my questions and address my concerns. Even when he was not available, he left me with Bob, who handled my loan application with the same professionalism. Thank you NewDay USA!

NewDay USA expert review by Michele Lerner

NewDay USA is a mortgage team that is mostly comprised of veterans. It is dedicated to providing veterans with maximum benefits, including special mortgage or reverse mortgage terms.

• Offers VA benefits as well as reverse mortgages: Veterans may qualify for even more funds as a result of having served or continuing to serve with the U.S. military.

• Quick turnaround: NewDay USA processes reverse mortgages within 30 days of application, so consumers get access to money quickly.

• Online and phone customer support: Customers can get support online or over the phone 24 hours a day.

• Focus: Consumers may have a hard time finding information on reverse mortgage products because NewDay USA offers other types of loans as well.

• Information: NewDay USA doesn’t offer any information online about what reverse mortgages are or how they work.

• Best for: Seniors on fixed income and seniors who want to enjoy their later years.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner

Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

NewDay USA Company Information

20759
(844)-450-1540
newdayusa.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business