2. Mortgages
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.67/5

For more than 20 years, NewDay USA has provided VA-guaranteed home loans and refinancing options to residents of 43 states. The company prioritizes relationships with veterans and their families and strives to create a positive financial experience with each customer.

NewDay USA (NMLS # 1043) Gallery (2)

BOTTOM LINE

NewDay USA is a trusted mortgage lender for veterans and their families. The company offers FHA loans and VA loans in 43 states. It also provides refinancing options.

PROS

• Flexible loan terms
  • Offers refinancing services
  • Connects veterans with veterans

CONS

• No online applications
  • Not available in all states

Top NewDay USA Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NewDay USA (NMLS # 1043)?

I want to commend New Day for providing a most wonderful refinance experience for me during our process together. Cole ** was extremely helpful and professional. During the process he kept me abreast of what was needed and was patient as we decided how to move forward.

Ms. Tayler Reno ** is the Account Manager who assisted me throughout this process. She was very professional and knowledgeable, I'm completely satisfied with the help she provided. I would gladly recommend NewDay USA to any of my old buddies who is looking for a low % Mortgage Rate right now.

NewDay USA Call Now Toll Free (844) 450-1540 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

What is NewDay USA?

NewDay USA focuses on two primary aspects of the mortgage process: purchasing and refinancing. It works with veterans and their families to make buying a home easy and affordable. NewDay USA offers step-by-step guides to help you understand all your lending and refinancing options.

NewDay USA refinancing

Financing your home can help you lower your mortgage payment, pay off your loan faster or eliminate the need for mortgage insurance.

The VA Streamline Loan is a popular option because it does not require income verification and does not come with appraisal costs, out of pocket costs or private mortgage insurance. With this option, many veterans and their families can save more than $1,800 a year.

The company’s refinance calculator helps estimate your principal or monthly payments. This easy-to-use feature lets you determine how much you can save by refinancing your mortgage.

NewDay USA homebuying

NewDay USA strives to help veterans become homeowners and works to find ways for veterans and their families to afford purchasing a new home.

Veterans can become cash buyer-certified through NewDay USA. This certification confirms that you’re an eligible buyer and lets you shop for new homes without worrying about being underqualified, which saves time in the homebuying process.

The company’s purchase price calculator helps you determine a home price in your budget, down payment amounts, loan terms and interest rates. NewDay USA connects veterans with mortgage experts to further narrow their options.

NewDay USA rates

Mortgage rates change frequently, so it’s a good idea to compare rates between multiple companies before signing any contracts. VA loan rates are not set by the Department of Veterans Affairs or the federal government.

When a veteran, service member or surviving spouse receives a VA-backed loan, they’re charged a one-time VA funding fee that ranges from 1.4% to 3.6%. This keeps the costs of loans low for all borrowers. The fee varies based on the type of loan you require, your payment terms and whether you’ve received a VA loan before.

Veterans can borrow up to $453,100 without the need for a down payment.

NewDay USA FAQ

Is NewDay USA only for veterans?
Yes. NewDay USA provides options for veterans, service members and military families.
What does NewDay USA do?
NewDay USA provides VA Loans and FHA loans for veterans. The company connects veterans with veterans for a personalized mortgage experience.
Who is eligible for a VA loan?
According to the company’s website, you are eligible for a VA loan if you are:
  • An active-duty service member
  • A veteran with an honorable discharge
  • A reservist or National Guard member with an honorable discharge and sufficient time served
  • The surviving spouse of an eligible deceased veteran
  • The spouse of an MIA/POW service member
Can a spouse of a veteran apply for a VA loan?
Yes. A spouse of a veteran can apply for a VA loan if they are:
  • A non-remarried surviving spouse of a veteran or service member who died in service or from a service-related disability
  • A spouse of a service member who is missing in action or a prisoner of war for the last 90 days
  • A surviving spouse of a veteran who was rated totally disabled and was eligible for disability compensation at the time of death from any cause

Is NewDay USA legit?

NewDay USA has a specific audience. The company provides VA loans and FHA loans, but it does not serve all states. For those who are eligible, NewDay USA offers personalized service and multiple options for purchasing or refinancing a home. If you’re a veteran or qualifying spouse, we recommend looking into NewDay USA’s services when comparing mortgage lenders.

NewDay USA Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NewDay USA?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NewDay USA (NMLS # 1043)?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

As a former US Veteran and combat pilot with 165 fighter jet missions in Vietnam, I decided to take advantage of my VA benefits and on November 9th 2020. I contacted NewDay USA Financial and spoke with Mr. Kyle Timothy ** (Account Executive MLO NMLS # ** Company NMLS # **). After a short time my wife and I were preapproved for a home loan and started the home purchasing process. Throughout the process, I was very impressed with Kyle. His attention to detail, his explanations of the various documents and most importantly his personal phone contact with me on nearly a daily basis, enhanced my confidence in Kyle and the entire NewDay process and company. In short the loan experience thanks to Kyle exceeded my expectations!

This is not to say there weren’t a few setbacks namely finding out late in the process the water well needed to be tested; Then I had to have the water well retested after failing the first test, which passed the second time after water treatment. Or because of the well issue, having to postpone the home closing date 1 week and receiving the final closing costs late in the day before we closed the following day on December 17th 2020.

These issues were not directly related to Kyle but to another person working at NewDay. I was very upset to learn of these last minute water test requirements. The required test should have been communicated to me much sooner in the process but was “forgotten” and the final closing costs should have been provided to the Title Company and then communicated to me a week prior to close. Instead I had to “hound dog” and email repeatedly, the person responsible at New Day. Making matters worse and no fault of NewDay, I had to drive 200 miles round trip, to my bank to perform a wire transfer to the title company the day of the close! All because of the lack of attention of one particular NewDay employee in getting the final closing costs sent on a timely manner.

Notwithstanding I “Vented” my concerns in a most vigorous way over the phone to Kyle and he apologized on behalf of New Day and at length calmed me down. That being said, I want to commend Kyle for his personal and professional assistance to smooth out the above issues and again thanks to Kyle, the rest of the process went very well, we closed ahead of schedule and we will be in our new home for Christmas!

Get buying tips about VA Loan Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

The key to my 5 star rating was the outstanding service we received from Brianna ** who was the Newday contact during this process. She was so helpful and kept me calm during some issues that popped up. I have had other VA loans over the years since my active duty days and always had issues that sometimes could not be resolved. In this process they happened and were resolved. A minor water damage issue in the patio and carport showed up during the termite inspection, not the appraisal, but the no termites report, what the heck, I got it fixed. And I will never understand why the underwriter needed my 30 year old divorce decree from 1990 that of course I could not locate, and my ex being overseas for the past 20 years and who I have had zero contact with was an issue.

Brianna made contact with the CA county where this happened and after 3 weeks of back and forth with them I got it resolved. In my opinion Brianna was the reason (and the fact I worked 47 years for the US govt) and knew sometimes things work differently that I did not get frustrated and go to Rocket Mortgage or someone else. In my opinion this lady is the type of person I would want working for me, if she is typical of the type of person they have working there with customers, keep up the good work.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

I am a retired U.S. Army veteran with 30 years of honorable service to our country. From the very first call made to New Day USA, until the very last transaction, the words that come to mind are - "Absolutely Amazing, Professional, Dedicated, from the heart, support and service - clearly coupled with the Veteran's and family's needs as their #1 Priority". We have never had a negative experience with any of the former mortgage organizations we have worked in the past. That is a "Kudo" for every single one of them. However, never before have we been involved with a mortgage organization that took absolute pride in answering all our questions on a timely manner and ensuring that our personal involvement, in terms of all the administrative coordination, was kept to a minimum, however, ensuring we were kept extremely well informed on every single administrative transaction they took on our behalf.

To make matters even more amazing - four weeks later our transaction was completed and our monthly payments significantly reduced. It's moments and experiences of this nature that makes my wife and I feel truly proud of being American citizens who proudly served our country. We truly want to express our most sincere gratitude to Rear Admiral Thomas C. Lynch and his "Platinum Level" staff for the outstanding service being provided to our nation's veterans. I will close by clearly stating that if you are a Veteran and you are looking for a home or considering refinancing your mortgage - Stop Looking - go with NewDay USA. That will be a decision that you will never regret... May God continue to Guide, Bless and Protect our Armed Forces, our American Flag and the United Sates of America!

Original review: May 1, 2020

I had accumulated debt over the years from one to another family events, trying to help my kids and live life. First time I applied through your company it appears to have been a Goat Rope. I received a letter saying I had withdrawn my request, which was untrue. Second time was different. Trevor kept me informed, of every thing and talked me through changes. I felt treated with respect, with being informed it moved much faster leading to a successful outcome. I have nothing but praise for Trevor B. M. Only problem occurred trying to mail out the checks sent to payoff my bills. To ensure their delivery the expenses of insuring the checks were way too expensive. I didn’t have the spare money to do that. I had to send them out on a????

I feel if the money was instead deposited in my account it could have been much easier and safer. I have two banks I deal with, I could have transferred the largest amount to pay the EFCU loan off without risking that in a delivery method. Heck Trevor could have done it with my account information I could have given to him to ensure delivery and my intent to payoff all these accounts. At this moment we’re at the honesty of a parcel delivery service. I hope they make their destination.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I like the APR rate that I received and Kyle was very prompt in delivering everything necessary to ensure a successful closing. I'm so happy that I will be able to save a nice amount of money each month. I was a little skeptical at first but everything worked out to my benefit. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I found the process more difficult than advertised as we had our home in a trust for the purposes of protecting our investment in case of our death. I had to go through filing a quit claim deed to transfer which turned out to be a tone consuming hassle. Was this really necessary?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

Our agent was Mr. Paul **. From the very start to end he was very professional, never hesitated to answer any question we may have had. Mr. ** kept us up to date in every detail by e-mail or phone, We could not have ask for any better service than we received.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

My experience with the analyst was pleasant and he was able to get the refinance done in a reasonable amount of time with little or no unexpected problems that would have made any difference in the final outcome. I would consider the overall experience very pleasant.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

The entire process was simple from start to finish. My agent was there with me every step of the way and answered all of my questions. New Day USA is Highly-rated and I recommend to anyone that is eligible. They will get you the best deal.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

I truly wish I could give NewDay USA more than a 2-star rating, however our home buying experience was incredibly stressful brought on by their underwriting department who are so difficult to work with. They offer nothing to the process except to say it is a VA requirement. I as the client provided them document after document showing them where they were wrong in their assessment of VA policy which went nowhere. So, my recommendation is if you are buying a home and there is a question whether you need flood insurance make sure what the requirements are up front, three (3) days before closing I had to purchase flood insurance which pushed my closing dated back. Oh, by the way there is no way to contact the leadership from the website. If I could rate my Account Executive and my Account Processor separately, I would give the Five (5) stars.

NewDay USA response
    Hello Mr. Paul,

We are happy to hear of your exceptional experience with your loan officer but we are sadden to hear of your experience with the underwriting team. We will certainly use your feedback, in regards to this experience as a training opportunity. We are honored that you chose our company to complete your refinance with and we thank you for sharing your opinion with us.

NewDay USA Company Information