4.4/5 (359 ratings)

About NewDay USA

For more than 20 years, NewDay USA has provided VA-guaranteed home loans and refinancing options to residents of 43 states. The company prioritizes relationships with veterans and their families and strives to create a positive financial experience with each customer.

Pros

• Flexible loan terms
  • Offers refinancing services
  • Connects veterans with veterans

Cons

• No online applications
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

NewDay USA is a trusted mortgage lender for veterans and their families. The company offers FHA loans and VA loans in 43 states. It also provides refinancing options.

Top NewDay USA Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NewDay USA (NMLS # 1043)?

Verified

I want to commend New Day for providing a most wonderful refinance experience for me during our process together. Cole ** was extremely helpful and professional. During the proces...

Verified

Ms. Tayler Reno ** is the Account Manager who assisted me throughout this process. She was very professional and knowledgeable, I'm completely satisfied with the help she provided...

What is NewDay USA?

NewDay USA focuses on two primary aspects of the mortgage process: purchasing and refinancing. It works with veterans and their families to make buying a home easy and affordable. NewDay USA offers step-by-step guides to help you understand all your lending and refinancing options.

NewDay USA refinancing

Financing your home can help you lower your mortgage payment, pay off your loan faster or eliminate the need for mortgage insurance.

The VA Streamline Loan is a popular option because it does not require income verification and does not come with appraisal costs, out of pocket costs or private mortgage insurance. With this option, many veterans and their families can save more than $1,800 a year.

The company’s refinance calculator helps estimate your principal or monthly payments. This easy-to-use feature lets you determine how much you can save by refinancing your mortgage.

NewDay USA homebuying

NewDay USA strives to help veterans become homeowners and works to find ways for veterans and their families to afford purchasing a new home.

Veterans can become cash buyer-certified through NewDay USA. This certification confirms that you’re an eligible buyer and lets you shop for new homes without worrying about being underqualified, which saves time in the homebuying process.

The company’s purchase price calculator helps you determine a home price in your budget, down payment amounts, loan terms and interest rates. NewDay USA connects veterans with mortgage experts to further narrow their options.

NewDay USA rates

Mortgage rates change frequently, so it’s a good idea to compare rates between multiple companies before signing any contracts. VA loan rates are not set by the Department of Veterans Affairs or the federal government.

When a veteran, service member or surviving spouse receives a VA-backed loan, they’re charged a one-time VA funding fee that ranges from 1.4% to 3.6%. This keeps the costs of loans low for all borrowers. The fee varies based on the type of loan you require, your payment terms and whether you’ve received a VA loan before.

Veterans can borrow up to $453,100 without the need for a down payment.

NewDay USA FAQ

Is NewDay USA only for veterans?
Yes. NewDay USA provides options for veterans, service members and military families.
What does NewDay USA do?
NewDay USA provides VA Loans and FHA loans for veterans. The company connects veterans with veterans for a personalized mortgage experience.
Who is eligible for a VA loan?
According to the company’s website, you are eligible for a VA loan if you are:
  • An active-duty service member
  • A veteran with an honorable discharge
  • A reservist or National Guard member with an honorable discharge and sufficient time served
  • The surviving spouse of an eligible deceased veteran
  • The spouse of an MIA/POW service member
Can a spouse of a veteran apply for a VA loan?
Yes. A spouse of a veteran can apply for a VA loan if they are:
  • A non-remarried surviving spouse of a veteran or service member who died in service or from a service-related disability
  • A spouse of a service member who is missing in action or a prisoner of war for the last 90 days
  • A surviving spouse of a veteran who was rated totally disabled and was eligible for disability compensation at the time of death from any cause

Is NewDay USA legit?

NewDay USA has a specific audience. The company provides VA loans and FHA loans, but it does not serve all states. For those who are eligible, NewDay USA offers personalized service and multiple options for purchasing or refinancing a home. If you’re a veteran or qualifying spouse, we recommend looking into NewDay USA’s services when comparing mortgage lenders.

NewDay USA Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NewDay USA?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NewDay USA (NMLS # 1043)?

Original review: May 12, 2022

I want to express the “excellent” customer service that I received in my journey to purchase my home. My journey with NewDay USA started back in October 2021. I was in the process of a divorce and selling our marital home. There were a lot of things pending to enable me to purchase my new home. NewDay worked with me to get all of the required information and documents in place. They kept in touch with me just to check in on how I was doing and showed me so much kindness. They went ‘over and beyond’ their normal day to day duties.

Fast forward to February of this year after my marital home was sold and the divorce was finalized, NewDay did an excellent job in getting everything in order to meet my 10 May closing date! I am so impressed and grateful for all of the caring support that I received from NewDay and will definitely refer the company to all my family and friends. In closing, I was approached by several other financial institutions for my home purchase, but I chose to stay with NewDay because of the competent and compassionate customer service that I received in the beginning of my home purchase journey!

Get buying tips about VA Loan Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 11, 2022

Everything went very smooth, the exception of the appraisal, the company that you used I feel did not get a true picture of the current market, both of the homes used for comparison had sold more than six months ago and were not a true picture of the current market. This caused our loan to be lower than anticipated so that we did not get as much out of the home to allow us to do what we were planning.

Also at the beginning of April our rep sent an email that we might get to close around the 12th. On the 22nd he requested that I get the Insurance checklist as the insurance company would not release it to you. On the 25th I faxed you the copy, on the 26th he requested a pay-off from the current loan company. I was able to provide it later that night and was told that we should be able to close on the 28th. That’s over 16 days from the estimated closing date, and I had to do the final legwork to make it happen on the 28th. If you want additional info I’d be glad to talk with someone other than my representative. Cell number **.

NewDay USA response

We value our customers' feedback and thank you for taking the time to share yours. Your feedback will help us evaluate our process. We strive to meet the projected closing date but also acknowledge that a number of circumstances could result in a delay. We regret that your closing was impacted and delayed. We appreciate your cooperation and patience throughout the process.

We also want to address your concern about the appraisal; unfortunately we do not have any control over appraisal assignment because appraisals for VA loans are ordered through the VA.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

I am extremely honored to be a customer of Newday Financial. It is through your Company that I have had the great pleasure of meeting via phone conversation and emails a person on your staff that has helped me to achieve many of my goals in life! First of all owning my own home, meeting all of my financial needs and so much more! I cannot thank you all for what you have created in me and the happiness in my heart. Newday Financial is indeed something I never expected upon joining the military and making it my career. A wealth of friends I have yet to meet, all of whom have vested interest in seeing that the American Dream can come true with the right direction. You have bestowed upon me a piece of the American Dream I never thought that I could obtain.

You are in my thoughts and prayers always for all that you have done for me, and it was all started with a phone call from Ms. Gabrielle Marie **! It was she along with countless associates at her office, took the time to "know me", and my family. Yes, it was she who started it all and I am living at the top of my dreams right now. May God Bless you all.

Respectfully Submitted,

Charles

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Kirk ** was an overall great loan officer to work with. He was patient and helpful and we even ended up with a better rate in the end than what we thought we thought we were going to get and they did us beyond right on the loan fees. The glitch came when we wanted to use a local title company and a mobile notary/signing agent that we had used on another loan. On the day of closing, the signing agent said the title company had told her that we were going to be responsible for her fee. We reached out to Kirk because this didn’t seem right to us and prior to her coming, no one had disclosed this to us. Kirk told me, “No it should not be the case. She should be paid by [the] title [company] directly. I’ll try to make sure it gets taken care of. Either way we will work it out.”

Silly us, we thought that meant New Day USA would pay her fee if the title company did not and now everyone is saying we have to pay it out of our own pocket. Trying to help out a business associate is now going to cost us $150 that no one told us were going to have to pay. We couldn’t push the closing off because we were going out of town for two-weeks the next day and based on what we were told, we believed that either New Day USA or the title company would pay the fee. Lesson learned. No good deed goes unpunished.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

This was my second refinance with Newday. As before, the process was fairly smooth and painless. As we all know, there is always room for improvement. The only "issue" I feel could have gone better would be for a bit more frequent communication from the loan officers throughout the process. Both times I have refinanced through Newday, there were confusing times when we would get close to the closing portion. Loan officers would say several times they had everything, and yet time after time, they would call back asking for further information saying it was the "writers" requesting additional paperwork or documents or what not.

This last time, that happened to me at least 3-4 times. It is frustrating being told that everything needed is in, just to be told several times, "Uhh sorry, we need more." All the while, our closing date kept being pushed back. I don't know exactly what or where the break down in the communication is, but definitely needs improvements. Due to that happening, I was forced to pay additional money after the check I received for a vehicle I was paying off. The reason was because the day Newday received the Pay off quote was only good for 10 days from the finance company. By the time I received the check it had increased as it was past the 10 days. All because my closing date was pushed back 1 week.

Original review: May 13, 2022

First, Dylan did a great job helping us! This is not the first loan we have completed since my husband became self-employed. The underwriting requirements from NewDay were far above anything else we were required to complete with other lenders. The extra requirements cause our first rate lock to expire and lots of my valuable time trying to locate a new CPA to provide the requested documents. The requested documents are not a VA requirement. Other than this issue, we are pleased and very thankful for the hand-up!

NewDay USA response

We are glad to hear about your positive experience with Dylan! We appreciate your help and patience when obtaining the income documentation. Thank you for choosing NewDay and for allowing us to serve you!

Original review: May 12, 2022

Nick Was very helpful and very quick to respond to my questions. He at the beginning thanked me for my service, and continued that throughout. I also, sir would like to commend you and your company for taking care of us Veterans every way possible. Please continue this and your mission will be accomplished with great pride and satisfaction, God Bless, (Sgt. **)

Original review: May 12, 2022

New Day USA is outstanding top of the line customer service and Sarah ** who helped me along the way was the best she made me very comfortable and she's very good at her position. NewDay deserves more than 5 stars.

Original review: May 6, 2022

Will never do it again and I hope Newday sells my paper. Will not recommend to any Vet. I will post a review at the VA hospital here in lake city and call all my friends. Very disappointed in the callback for work to get done.

NewDay USA response

We regret that your experience with NewDay USA did not meet your expectations and we would welcome the opportunity to make things right. A representative will be contacting your to discuss your concerns.

Original review: May 5, 2022

She was an excellent and friendly person to work with. She always answered all my questions. She was a dream to work with. I would recommend her to anyone applying for a loan through Newday. She needs a raise. She is an asset at newday.

NewDay USA Company Information