4.5/5 (229 ratings)

About NewDay USA

For more than 20 years, NewDay USA has provided VA-guaranteed home loans and refinancing options to residents of 43 states. The company prioritizes relationships with veterans and their families and strives to create a positive financial experience with each customer.

Pros

• Flexible loan terms
  • Offers refinancing services
  • Connects veterans with veterans

Cons

• No online applications
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

NewDay USA is a trusted mortgage lender for veterans and their families. The company offers FHA loans and VA loans in 43 states. It also provides refinancing options.

Top NewDay USA Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NewDay USA (NMLS # 1043)?

Verified

I want to commend New Day for providing a most wonderful refinance experience for me during our process together. Cole ** was extremely helpful and professional. During the proces...

Verified

Ms. Tayler Reno ** is the Account Manager who assisted me throughout this process. She was very professional and knowledgeable, I'm completely satisfied with the help she provided...

What is NewDay USA?

NewDay USA focuses on two primary aspects of the mortgage process: purchasing and refinancing. It works with veterans and their families to make buying a home easy and affordable. NewDay USA offers step-by-step guides to help you understand all your lending and refinancing options.

NewDay USA refinancing

Financing your home can help you lower your mortgage payment, pay off your loan faster or eliminate the need for mortgage insurance.

The VA Streamline Loan is a popular option because it does not require income verification and does not come with appraisal costs, out of pocket costs or private mortgage insurance. With this option, many veterans and their families can save more than $1,800 a year.

The company’s refinance calculator helps estimate your principal or monthly payments. This easy-to-use feature lets you determine how much you can save by refinancing your mortgage.

NewDay USA homebuying

NewDay USA strives to help veterans become homeowners and works to find ways for veterans and their families to afford purchasing a new home.

Veterans can become cash buyer-certified through NewDay USA. This certification confirms that you’re an eligible buyer and lets you shop for new homes without worrying about being underqualified, which saves time in the homebuying process.

The company’s purchase price calculator helps you determine a home price in your budget, down payment amounts, loan terms and interest rates. NewDay USA connects veterans with mortgage experts to further narrow their options.

NewDay USA rates

Mortgage rates change frequently, so it’s a good idea to compare rates between multiple companies before signing any contracts. VA loan rates are not set by the Department of Veterans Affairs or the federal government.

When a veteran, service member or surviving spouse receives a VA-backed loan, they’re charged a one-time VA funding fee that ranges from 1.4% to 3.6%. This keeps the costs of loans low for all borrowers. The fee varies based on the type of loan you require, your payment terms and whether you’ve received a VA loan before.

Veterans can borrow up to $453,100 without the need for a down payment.

NewDay USA FAQ

Is NewDay USA only for veterans?
Yes. NewDay USA provides options for veterans, service members and military families.
What does NewDay USA do?
NewDay USA provides VA Loans and FHA loans for veterans. The company connects veterans with veterans for a personalized mortgage experience.
Who is eligible for a VA loan?
According to the company’s website, you are eligible for a VA loan if you are:
  • An active-duty service member
  • A veteran with an honorable discharge
  • A reservist or National Guard member with an honorable discharge and sufficient time served
  • The surviving spouse of an eligible deceased veteran
  • The spouse of an MIA/POW service member
Can a spouse of a veteran apply for a VA loan?
Yes. A spouse of a veteran can apply for a VA loan if they are:
  • A non-remarried surviving spouse of a veteran or service member who died in service or from a service-related disability
  • A spouse of a service member who is missing in action or a prisoner of war for the last 90 days
  • A surviving spouse of a veteran who was rated totally disabled and was eligible for disability compensation at the time of death from any cause

Is NewDay USA legit?

NewDay USA has a specific audience. The company provides VA loans and FHA loans, but it does not serve all states. For those who are eligible, NewDay USA offers personalized service and multiple options for purchasing or refinancing a home. If you’re a veteran or qualifying spouse, we recommend looking into NewDay USA’s services when comparing mortgage lenders.

NewDay USA Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NewDay USA?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NewDay USA (NMLS # 1043)?

Original review: July 18, 2022

I had been receiving mortgage literature (requested by me) from NewDay USA for nearly three years now, when I decided to finally commit and make the change: debt consolidation from a previous marriage a primary consideration here. Ultimately, I selected NewDay USA based on [the] positive experiences of three other veterans (and families) I know and trust.

My first contact. I was truly blessed in late June when I called NewDay USA and spoke with [Ted] **: Assistant Vice President - Loan Organization. Indeed, talking with [Ted] for the first 15-minutes alerted me to the awareness of the feeling that I would be [safe] and [protected] with this man in what I was about to do, with this representative of NewDay USA... It’s all about TRUST with us veterans: for myself, personally, having been spared my life at age 23: surviving [Tet] in I Corps: with the 26th Marines at Khe Sanh, Con Thien and Hill 881N on Easter Sunday, 1968, I simply cannot make any decision absent the feelings of being [safe] and sensing [trust]. [Ted] ** provided me with those feelings of trust and security (obviously, because of the man he is, and, the company he represents. . . NewDay USA.)

From DAY ONE, [Ted] talked to me daily on the phone; followed up those calls with Text messages and Emailes with the ‘attached’ appropriate documents: I was never once unaware, ‘in the dark,’ or surprised about any document sent to me for an Esignature... [Ted] communicated with me (Text, Email or phone) EVERY DAY from the moment of our initial conversation. And with every communication, more TRUST.

The Appraisal, insect inspection and water test went smoothly as coordinated by [Ted] with me and the selected professionals. All inspections and tests successfully completed within one week. Closing was effortless: [Ted] arraigned for me to meet with an established NOTARY in my area; they contacted me and a meeting at the local library was scheduled. Everything went smoothly and as planned.

The mortgage was finalized a few days later without a single problem....with NewDay USA, one has THREE DAYS to then decide to follow through with or, or refuse the mortgage. Funny thing is, as the borrower, I ALWAYS felt in complete control of all business... again, safe and secure in the trust of [Ted] ** and NewDay USA. Arguably, but really not, [Ted] ** and NewDay USA, THE best mortgage company I’ve ever dealt with... having acquired several home mortgages over the years, I can speak with an authority and a myriad of experience.

NewDay USA response

Thank you for sharing your outstanding feedback with us! It is one our greatest joys to be able to help veterans and we understand how valued an open and honest process is. Ted is not only a great person but an asset to our company as well. We are always dedicated to creating a positive experience and we stand ready to assist every step of the way. Thank you again for trusting us with your refinance!

Get buying tips about VA Loan Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 12, 2022

I want to express the “excellent” customer service that I received in my journey to purchase my home. My journey with NewDay USA started back in October 2021. I was in the process of a divorce and selling our marital home. There were a lot of things pending to enable me to purchase my new home. NewDay worked with me to get all of the required information and documents in place. They kept in touch with me just to check in on how I was doing and showed me so much kindness. They went ‘over and beyond’ their normal day to day duties.

Fast forward to February of this year after my marital home was sold and the divorce was finalized, NewDay did an excellent job in getting everything in order to meet my 10 May closing date! I am so impressed and grateful for all of the caring support that I received from NewDay and will definitely refer the company to all my family and friends. In closing, I was approached by several other financial institutions for my home purchase, but I chose to stay with NewDay because of the competent and compassionate customer service that I received in the beginning of my home purchase journey!

Original review: May 11, 2022

Everything went very smooth, the exception of the appraisal, the company that you used I feel did not get a true picture of the current market, both of the homes used for comparison had sold more than six months ago and were not a true picture of the current market. This caused our loan to be lower than anticipated so that we did not get as much out of the home to allow us to do what we were planning.

Also at the beginning of April our rep sent an email that we might get to close around the 12th. On the 22nd he requested that I get the Insurance checklist as the insurance company would not release it to you. On the 25th I faxed you the copy, on the 26th he requested a pay-off from the current loan company. I was able to provide it later that night and was told that we should be able to close on the 28th. That’s over 16 days from the estimated closing date, and I had to do the final legwork to make it happen on the 28th. If you want additional info I’d be glad to talk with someone other than my representative. Cell number **.

NewDay USA response

We value our customers' feedback and thank you for taking the time to share yours. Your feedback will help us evaluate our process. We strive to meet the projected closing date but also acknowledge that a number of circumstances could result in a delay. We regret that your closing was impacted and delayed. We appreciate your cooperation and patience throughout the process.

We also want to address your concern about the appraisal; unfortunately we do not have any control over appraisal assignment because appraisals for VA loans are ordered through the VA.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

I am extremely honored to be a customer of Newday Financial. It is through your Company that I have had the great pleasure of meeting via phone conversation and emails a person on your staff that has helped me to achieve many of my goals in life! First of all owning my own home, meeting all of my financial needs and so much more! I cannot thank you all for what you have created in me and the happiness in my heart. Newday Financial is indeed something I never expected upon joining the military and making it my career. A wealth of friends I have yet to meet, all of whom have vested interest in seeing that the American Dream can come true with the right direction. You have bestowed upon me a piece of the American Dream I never thought that I could obtain.

You are in my thoughts and prayers always for all that you have done for me, and it was all started with a phone call from Ms. Gabrielle Marie **! It was she along with countless associates at her office, took the time to "know me", and my family. Yes, it was she who started it all and I am living at the top of my dreams right now. May God Bless you all.

Respectfully Submitted,

Charles

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Kirk ** was an overall great loan officer to work with. He was patient and helpful and we even ended up with a better rate in the end than what we thought we thought we were going to get and they did us beyond right on the loan fees. The glitch came when we wanted to use a local title company and a mobile notary/signing agent that we had used on another loan. On the day of closing, the signing agent said the title company had told her that we were going to be responsible for her fee. We reached out to Kirk because this didn’t seem right to us and prior to her coming, no one had disclosed this to us. Kirk told me, “No it should not be the case. She should be paid by [the] title [company] directly. I’ll try to make sure it gets taken care of. Either way we will work it out.”

Silly us, we thought that meant New Day USA would pay her fee if the title company did not and now everyone is saying we have to pay it out of our own pocket. Trying to help out a business associate is now going to cost us $150 that no one told us were going to have to pay. We couldn’t push the closing off because we were going out of town for two-weeks the next day and based on what we were told, we believed that either New Day USA or the title company would pay the fee. Lesson learned. No good deed goes unpunished.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

We had the pleasure of working with New Day for a mortgage for our new home. The employees we interacted with were professional, informative and simply pleasant to work with. Sarah S, and Destinee S. and Emily Dawn H. in our opinion are superstars!! Due to delays in our building process from supply chain issues and the changes in mortgage rates over the many months, our project moved along. The team that worked with us kept us informed about all the changes and made the process painless. We are very grateful and highly recommend New Day.

NewDay USA response

Thank you for sharing this fantastic experience with Sarah, Destinee, and Emily. We are overjoyed that they were able to guide you through the home purchase process and keep you informed every step of the way. We greatly appreciate your recommendations.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

We were very pleased the way we were serviced by your executive agent, very energetic and fast. We have no problem at all. He was always ready to answer any of our questions and was in contact and finds if any questions as often and never left anything not answered. Thank you very much, for job well done. Agent executive - Wayne **.

NewDay USA response

We appreciate you sharing your outstanding experience with Wayne! It brings us tremendous joy to know we were able to help you achieve your goals and keep you informed throughout the process.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

Things went well and we are so pleased that in the process we were able to get rid of several of our bills in addition we were able to no longer to have a car payment on my wife's car and I was able to get back the title on my van. It has been a good experience.

NewDay USA response

We are overjoyed that you are pleased with your experience with our team and that we were able to help you and your wife with your financial needs.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

My experience with New Day USA was truly exceptional. They were with us through the entire process and available to answer any questions at any time. Our loan officer was a real joy to work with. He made the process easy to understand and very clear with respect to what we needed to do. Thank you for your service and your help. I would strongly recommend your company to others.

NewDay USA response

Thank you for sharing your amazing experience with our team. It is always a delight to hear our team was able guide you through this process and provide you with exceptional service. We greatly appreciate your recommendations.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

What made this work was the knowledge and diligence of Cody Jeremiah Dennis​ Assistant Vice President ‑ Loan Origination. He was able to walk me through the process even when I had trouble understanding parts of it. I selected NewDay because it was veteran oriented and I saw on Fox News that you provide substantial financial assistance to various veteran organizations.

NewDay USA response

Cody is a wonderful member of our team and it is a pleasure to hear that he provided insightful guidance for you during your home loan process. It is always an honor to serve veterans like yourself.

NewDay USA Company Information