Call toll free
4.39/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For Veterans, by Veterans, NewDay USA provides VA-guaranteed home loans and refinancing options.

Need cash? Our NewDay 100 VA loan allows you to refinance up to 100% of your home's value.

Looking to buy a home? With zero-down and zero PMI home loans, NewDay USA helps Veterans, like you, get the home you deserve. NewDay USA can also assist Veterans with lowering their current rate to put money back in your pocket each month.

NewDay USA offers free VA home appraisals, personal loan officers, and 70% of our loans close 30 days or less following appraisal receipt.

NewDay USA Gallery (6)
View More View More

242 NewDay USA Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

VA Loan on above property. Christy ** and Jae ** were always responsive, polite and precise in what the next step was in a fairly complicated underwriting process due to the complexity of our various tax returns and financial relationships. We appreciated this very much and, of course, the end result was excellent. We will definitely recommend NewDay to others.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Spoke to a Mr. David ** absolutely terrible attitude rushing thru the process. Trying to force me to do everything over the phone without providing any real information. Had an attitude and very short tempered. I am a disabled veteran. This is a very delicate situation. I have already had a very horrific experience dealing with my current mortgage company. I just wanted some information so that I could be informed about this process and make sure that it is the correct choice. When I told David for the second time that I needed information before providing my social security number over the phone he very smugly stated then we won't be able to continue to move forward today and hung up. I was skeptical before but now I'm even more concerned.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I thought the process went well and my loan officer was always there to answer questions but I feel the fees were astronomical and were not properly explained to me. Looking back I would not have went through with the loan knowing what I know now.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

We have been customers of NewDay for over 5 years. We selected them because they were VA oriented and promised that they would not sell our papers to anyone. With just a two week notice, NewDay informed us they have sold our papers to a company with extremely low reviews. We value our credit and the new company has a history of "losing" payments, unauthorized escrow withdrawals and very poor customer service. Thanks NewDay for not caring about your customers!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

The process took about 30 days from the first call to closing. Our contact kept in touch to let us know just what he needed and sent everything to us that needed our signatures or information. The process consisted of nine or ten phone calls and about the same number of emails in which we responded by scanning documents and emailing back. One appointment was in person at our residence when we closed and signed the necessary papers. Overall a very painless procedure.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NewDay USA?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

My wife and I were sent a list of needed documents that we furnished. As we got closer to closing we were asked to supply additional documents. If all these documents were needed why were they not in the initial list? I was told NewDay USA did not want to cause stress with too many documents in the initial list. Just days before closing we were told we needed a wood destroying insect report. It was hard to find someone to perform this service on short notice.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

My loan officer was polite and courteous. However, due to a breakdown in communication between parties within the system, my closing was very delayed from the date of loan approval (45 days). My property was not appraised well. My appraiser was very elderly and could not physically do a full appraisal of the property. I also received a very high interest rate of 5.6%. This experience only accomplished half of my goals that I set out to accomplish with this refinance.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Ben ** walked us through the entire loan and was courteous and explained everything clearly. Was done quickly and efficiently.I was very pleased with NEWDAY, and have told a few of my friends. Thanks again. I would not hesitate to tell others of how pleased we are. If you ever need a verbal from us please feel free to contact us.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I am a 20 year Retired Army Veteran with a VA Home Loan for 12 years with my hometown bank. I wanted to refinance my loan. After 116 day getting the runaround and no results I called New Day VA Loan and Tony ** answered. And within a few hours and exchanging info things started to fall into place. Thanks to the professional of the New Day staff we closed in less than a month - Thanks for helping this veteran.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

It could not have been rewarding for my wife Sue and I to have the very professional Josh ** assist us along the way. He kept us informed and when there was a problem, he worked hard to fix it and to make the loan work. Excellent organization from top to bottom. As a Disabled Vietnam Veteran being treated fairly was truly refreshing. In the process were able to begin renovation of our home and to upgrade its value. Thank you so much for all your help.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Great Customer Service was provided by William **. Very professional and helpful. Made a tedious transaction an enjoyable process. Great communication channels enabled all required documentation to be completed in a timely manner, despite having to deal with an impending hurricane. I would highly recommend to family, friends, and colleagues.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

NewDay USA surely lives up to its television commercials and marketing materials, in the fact they truly make the loan process easy for veterans. The relief I experienced after the very first phone call with my loan rep, Rob **, was like a huge boulder had been lifted off my shoulders. I have been raving about NewDay USA with the veterans I work with and have shared my experiences with all I have an opportunity with. On behalf of my family - Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I can't Thank Brandon ** enough. He really made the process go very smoothly. He kept me informed as to what the status was daily up and to the close date. NewDay USA said yes when the loan company I was with for seventeen years never missing or late with a payment said no. I didn't know where to turn after that. I seen the T.V. commercial and decided to call. That call changed my situation. I would highly recommend this company to any one who has served or is currently serving our country. I thank everyone that was involved in the process of helping me secure the loan. I am in still in awe as to how smooth and quick the entire process went, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

ADMIRAL; I would like to let you know that Mr. ** went far above the CALL TO DUTY... He keep us totally in the loop on all paper work and info. He even followed me around the Country with email after email, this was outstanding. My wife and I love to work with him. This employee is a major asset to your business. Please take good care of him. (He will cover your back). The last signing of doc's, the lady was very impressed that we knew so much and it went smooth. She said we were lucky to have such a great person working for us... BOB ** NEEDS TO BE HELD UP AS A GREAT EXAMPLE OF THE GREAT JOB THAT YOUR BUSINESS IS DOING FOR VETS. I am a Vietnam vet and so proud of what is happening to help vets today. Thank you all. Admiral, please let me know that you have read this... You and your business is doing good. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

We can only recommend NewDay USA to other veterans. We had a awesome experience with William **. He was part of the process from beginning to end. He went above and beyond. He worked on weekends, made calls to our creditors, even on his days out of the office he would call or send emails. Mr. ** was very professional, knowledgeable, and he cared about our needs and made sure we got what we were looking for.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Michael ** was outstanding from beginning to end. As a longtime educator, it has always been my expectation that the people who worked for me were professional at all times. I would hire Michael in a minute. He is top-of-the-line when it comes to representing NewDay USA. I wish him Godspeed.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I was living paycheck to paycheck, credit was as low as one can go, not sleeping well, worried about how I would make payment on my back property taxes. New day came to the rescue. The process was easy and Cole walked me through every step. I would recommend New Day to any veterans that is in need of financial assistance.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I am so thankful for New Day USA. l never thought l would ever get my home refinanced. And thanks to Mr Spencer ** for so diligently never giving up on us. Praise to your company for all the help. l would recommend New Day USA to anyone if they're looking to refinance their home. From my experience they can't be beat.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I have absolutely no complaints about this process at all. Megan ** who was my rep kept me informed all the time. They could have said no because of my debt ratio but did not. They recommended paying off one of my other loans which still helped me put money in the bank which was my intention. Thank you all so much.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

What a great experience from start to finish. NewDay is the way to go, great communication throughout the process, explanations and dollars did not change throughout the process. Had my money faster than I thought. Great job to everyone... thanks. Thanks for the great experience New Day.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I thought the loan application process was very smooth and pressure free. I worked with Wayne ** and he was very informative and patient with me. As a Veteran, I am very appreciative of this company and what it stands for. I would definitely recommend NewDay to other Veterans I know. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Very easy process. They delivered just what they had promised. NewDay agent Ryan ** went above and beyond to ensure I understood every step of the process, and worked after normal work hours to ensure my process went smoothly. NewDay USA has my highest recommendation!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Every step of the way Kevin was there to help answer questions and problem solve. I couldn't have asked for a better person to help sort out the refinance that we needed so badly. Everything happened in the timeline stated and nothing was as great as paying off my numerous high-interest credit cards!! Kudos to Kevin ** and the New Day company. Kevin deserves Employee of the year if your company has one!!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

The process of re financing a home loan went extremely well with one exception: a document that Wells Fargo Mortgage from a previous loan was filed in the wrong county. Our account manager did an excellent job. I was very skeptical working with someone on the phone and the by e-mail, but it panned out. Thanks.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I've had several VA loans with you and up until this time was very satisfied with the process. However this time it took so long and I had to submit so many documents repetitively. I believe I submitted the same document about 6 different times. And I started the process in June of this year and we just closed last week. So a total of about 2 months. I don't think it's ever took that long to get a VA approved loan closed on. Well not for me anyway. But other than the length of time it took and the multiple documents sent repetitively you did a good job.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Prior to contacting NewDay USA, my wife and I had initiated refinancing and loan modification process with 2 other mortgage lenders. It was not a very pleasant experience, instead the outcome were unsuccessful on both accounts. It took us a while to have that courage to even think of going through another one. One day, while watching TV, and seeing the commercial of NewDay USA, my wife encouraged me to contact them. Trevor ** answered the phone call and since that time, everything has been smooth sailing like they say. Trevor was very professional, efficient and honest through-out the whole process. He kept us updated on what is going on and prepared us to get all documents and inspections needed/required. We could never have asked for a better Account Manager and his team. Bravo Zulu to NewDay USA for a job well done. Thank you Admiral Lynch for having this program for veterans like us.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Our experience with NewDay and Jordan ** was great! Jordan checked in with us regularly and made sure everything stayed on track. It was a pleasure dealing with him. The whole mortgage process was relatively painless once we collected all the right paperwork and completed sooner than we expected. I would highly recommend New Day to any veteran looking to refinance or getting a new loan.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Mr. Travis ** was extremely knowledgeable and helpful in this process. He was sympathetic to all my concerns and maintained his professionalism throughout every conversation. I was a bit skittish at the beginning of the process, but by the end, I felt confident in all the information that Mr. ** provided to me. He gave me great tips and solutions for reducing my debt. I am quite satisfied with the service Mr. ** provided.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

The entire process has been delightful with the assistance of Zachary **. His ownership and communication abilities relieved my wife and I of the process to make this all happen. The entire program is great to really assist in what the standing point is for persons with some reorganizing and moving forward. I express my sincere appreciation that there are truthful organizations and dedicated persons in the business world today. Thank you for the opportunity.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Edward ** provided all the information I asked for and stayed with my refinance for over a 2 year period. He was extremely helpful in all aspects and is the reason I did not secure a loan through a different company (and I did discuss with other companies). Thank You.

NewDay USA expert review by Michele Lerner

NewDay USA is a mortgage team that is mostly comprised of veterans. It is dedicated to providing veterans with maximum benefits, including special mortgage or reverse mortgage terms.

• Offers VA benefits as well as reverse mortgages: Veterans may qualify for even more funds as a result of having served or continuing to serve with the U.S. military.

• Quick turnaround: NewDay USA processes reverse mortgages within 30 days of application, so consumers get access to money quickly.

• Online and phone customer support: Customers can get support online or over the phone 24 hours a day.

• Focus: Consumers may have a hard time finding information on reverse mortgage products because NewDay USA offers other types of loans as well.

• Information: NewDay USA doesn’t offer any information online about what reverse mortgages are or how they work.

• Best for: Seniors on fixed income and seniors who want to enjoy their later years.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

NewDay USA Company Information