Call toll free
4.21/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For Veterans, by Veterans, NewDay USA provides VA-guaranteed home loans and refinancing options.

NewDay USA assists Veterans with lowering their current rate to put money back in your pocket each month. The NewDay VA Streamline Refi helps Veterans with a VA mortgage save an average of $2000 every year.

Need cash? The NewDay 100 VA loan allows you to refinance up to 100% of your home's value including mortgage balance.

Looking to buy a home? With Zero-Down VA Home Loan, NewDay USA helps Veterans, like you, get the home you deserve with no down payment.

NewDay USA offers personal loan officers that help you through the entire process.

© NewDayUSA is a registered trade name of New Day Financial, LLC. NMLS ID No. 1043.

NewDay USA (NMLS # 1043) Gallery (2)
View More View More

NewDay USA Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

Thomas C. Lynch, RADM (Retired)

Executive Chairman

Dear Mr. Lynch,

I would personally like to appreciate all the hard work and diligent effort that Charles **, Account Executive put into completing and finalizing the refinance of my home. It was his persistence and excellent research hard work that has given my family and I the opportunity to be able to get a fruitful result. On behalf of the ** Family I would like to thank NewDay USA and specially Charles ** for the incredible work opening doors helping us find a way to accomplish our goals. Mr. ** dedication to work and the ability to go the extra mile to help costumers is unparalleled. It will not be an exaggeration to say that due to the complexity of my personal situation I pretty much gave up upon any refinance. Mr. ** however had the positivism and professional brightness in mind in order to achieve this goal. We as a family are very grateful to have been able to conduct business with Charles and we sincerely hope to see him grow into your organization.

Thanking you and your wonderful staff,

STEVEN ** & Family

USARMY Ret.

Get expert buying tips about VA Loan Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I requested a re-fi on my home, with 'cash back'. The folks I spoke with were very helpful from the beginning of this process. Because I requested 'cash back' to pay off existing credit card. balances, NEWDAY used my credit report to find and list these balances. Unfortunately, because of the length of time it took to close, I had to make payments on my c.c. accounts so I would not be late with any payments. NEWDAY then sent individual checks TO ME for each account so that I could mail each check to each vendor.

Because of the elapsed time, EACH of my vendors received MORE than what I originally owed for each account. (Over $1200) spread out over 13 accounts. I believe there must be a better way to handle these payments on a re-fi (cash back) basis. Without question, I DID want these accts paid off, but now each cc acct will have to generate refunds back to me. Seems very messy to me. If this (cash back) was handled differently, I would have given a 5 star rating, since the cust reps were very good.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I just wanted to commend Mr. ** for the outstanding job related to re-financing my home. His expertise and professionalism was second to none, he took me step by step through the whole process and made it very user friendly and understandable. I want to thank him for his patience and attention to all details. I'm a Senior and sometimes it's very hard to discern so many things that I use to take for granted. Mr. ** helped me overcome some hurdles and completely won my absolute trust. I feel that it's very important for employees that go above and beyond their normal duties should be recognized and commended for the great job done for their employer and I wanted to take the time and do the right thing. It was a pleasure working with Mr. ** and I wanted you his immediate Managers to know that because all people do nowadays is complain and whine about representatives that they interact with.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

This was our third time going through a refinance process with different lenders and NewDay was by far our best experience yet. Our account manager, Mr. Carlton **, was such a pleasure to work with in this process. He was ahead of the game all the way through and answered each of our questions promptly and made sure we understood what our options were at all times. I am a retired Navy Chief Petty Officer and we thank Admiral Lynch for his service and the top quality people who serve all our veterans with their help in home financing. We are completely satisfied with all aspects of our new mortgage. Thanks to all who helped us obtain this new loan. This will let us do the upgrades on our home we have wanted to do for some time and pay off some bills too. And enjoy our retirement just a little bit more! Thank you all very much.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I cannot say how wonderful the experience from beginning to the end. Daniel ** was the Loan Officer for this loan. Exceptionally gifted, well versed and extremely professional. Told us from day one what New Day was going to do and nothing, absolutely nothing went off track. We started the process on April 29th, 2019, signed the loan docs on May 21st, 2019, received checks and closing papers on May 28th, 2019. Text book process. I have personally been in the Real Estate business since 1971 and am aware of the process one goes through to purchase or refinance a home. Daniel ** will always be referenced in any conversation I have in the future doing Real Estate. A true professional who "knows his stuff". A definite asset to New Day, don't let him go! Again Admiral, you can be extremely PROUD, NEW DAY did another amazing job. Thank you for taking care of my wife and I. Sincerely, Charles and Mi Wol

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NewDay USA (NMLS # 1043)?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

This was our first time buying a home. New Day Staff were very helpful and patient during the process. Tyler was excellent and very informative. I would recommend New Day to both friends and family. There were very attentive start to finish. The process was very quick. This was much appreciated.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

New Day was so helpful in obtaining our new mortgage. We had a lot of waiting because of the lender adding things but Daniel ** was a bulldog at getting the things they needed and keeping us updated. We had a great experience and in 6 or 7 months hopefully the rates drop again. We plan to refinance to drop our interest rate. Excellent customer experience.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Enjoyed working with Nicholas **. It was at a Time I really needed to get out of Debt. Did not mean to give Nicholas a hard time ~Like to Stand My Ground~ Don't know where "Screwed the Pooch" came from. (-: Keep doing Good Things for Veterans. Blessings~~~

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

From my initial contact with Mr. Colson **, he has been so supportive, encouraging and just overall outstanding a person. He treated us with great respect and dignity. Mr. ** is an outstanding asset to New Day USA and its mission to provide veterans with all the assistance they need.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Nothing but problems. I was dealing with Paul and he has no communication skills. We were looking to do a debt consolidation and Re-Fi. We had a mortgage company that couldn't get our escrow account right for the past 2 years and were tired of fighting with them. We received checks after closing to send off to our credit card and other loans we had. That was a process to go through all the checks and do all the leg work to get them sent off. Two of the checks were lost in transition. I was on the phone for over an hour just to talk to someone. Then I was told they can't access them they would have to look into it further. Which they should be able to do that with a couple of keys on their keyboard.

Once I had someone on the phone I was told that our New loan with New Day was in transition to another lender. Yes not even our first payment went through and they sold our loan. The real kicker is they sold our load back to our original mortgage company that we fought to get out from under. This was not an easy experience, everything was just a ** show. If this is how they do business with us veterans don't bother.

NewDay USA (NMLS # 1043) expert review by Michele Lerner

NewDay USA is a mortgage team that is mostly comprised of veterans. It is dedicated to providing veterans with maximum benefits, including special mortgage or reverse mortgage terms.

• Offers VA benefits as well as reverse mortgages: Veterans may qualify for even more funds as a result of having served or continuing to serve with the U.S. military.

• Quick turnaround: NewDay USA processes reverse mortgages within 30 days of application, so consumers get access to money quickly.

• Online and phone customer support: Customers can get support online or over the phone 24 hours a day.

• Focus: Consumers may have a hard time finding information on reverse mortgage products because NewDay USA offers other types of loans as well.

• Information: NewDay USA doesn’t offer any information online about what reverse mortgages are or how they work.

• Best for: Seniors on fixed income and seniors who want to enjoy their later years.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

NewDay USA Company Information