Call toll free
4.23/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For Veterans, by Veterans, NewDay USA provides VA-guaranteed home loans and refinancing options.

Need cash? Our NewDay 100 VA loan allows you to refinance up to 100% of your home's value.

Looking to buy a home? With zero-down and zero PMI home loans, NewDay USA helps Veterans, like you, get the home you deserve. NewDay USA can also assist Veterans with lowering their current rate to put money back in your pocket each month.

NewDay USA offers free VA home appraisals, personal loan officers, and 70% of our loans close 30 days or less following appraisal receipt.

NewDay USA Gallery (6)
View More View More

317 NewDay USA Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 17, 2019

Good morning sir, I love your commercials. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for what your organization did for me. You paid off all my bills, and I'm building a fence from my home and a brick patio. With your help I've never been more financially stable in my life and debt free. So thank you from the bottom of my heart and God bless you all.

Get expert buying tips about VA Loan Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Garrett ** was the NewDay constant contact throughout the process, and having just one person to handle all the little details was perfect. Hit a few small issues that skewed the projected closing timeline, but Garrett just worked through them with us without any pressure to hurry. From a distance, and without sitting face-to-face, the process just worked. Thanks.

Original review: April 5, 2019

We were very pleased with the support by Zachary **. He was very knowledgeable and led us seamlessly and painlessly through the process. The notary, Lesa ** was very professional and was timely and was well prepared. The entire process was efficient and payoff’s timely. Thanks to all behind the scenes as well.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I want to recognize the great service that was provided to me by William **. Great customer service and professional attitude. Seemed as if everything was executed in a good manner. The closing was offset. That is my only complaint. A job well done. And thank you Adm for your service to our country.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Beware of this site too!! There is many many more 1 star reviews than they are showing. I went through all reviews. Nothing adds up. They must be in cahoots with NewDay - ripoff vet site!! ADVICE - RUN RUN RUN, GO TO YOUR LOCAL BANK OR CREDIT UNION. Too many bad bad reviews of scam, bait and switch fees and higher interest rates. Run run run!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NewDay USA?

Original review: April 1, 2019

My dealings with New Day USA was great. Everyone I had to deal with were very professional and helpful. My loan officer Jonathon ** was very informative and kind. He always kept me updated and answered all my questions. I would highly recommend New Day USA to anyone seeking a loan. I would like to say again how great it was to deal with a young man like Jonathon **. He really cared about my wife and I.

Original review: April 1, 2019

From the beginning of the process, our loan experience was seamless. Our loan processor, Rakeem **, was professional and always in touch and helpful. We had a strict time line for needing our funds. Not only were our needs met, they were exceeded as we were able to close our loan a week early! I will recommend NewDay to all veterans who need a home loan.

Original review: March 31, 2019

I received an invitation to refinance with the cash-out option. I proceeded with refinancing so I could pay off all our high interest credit card debt. Our contact at New Day was Jacob **. I must say that I believe Jacob went above and beyond his duty to assist us in this endeavor. He is professional, courteous, knowledgeable and walked us through the entire process from start to finish. The only drawback was the interest rate. I do, however, understand as we had very high credit card debts due to my wife's loss of her parents recently and the trips back and forth to Colorado. The GREAT news is that these debts are off our backs and we can once again put money in the bank instead of paying high interest on credit cards. I hope that Admiral Lynch will take a moment to thank Jacob and reward him for his superb work.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I saw the New Day USA loan commercial on Fox and figured I'd give it a shot. I was just looking to consolidate debt into 1 lump sum which we have done before. I had all my information ready before calling them. I knew my credit score and the current interest rates. A guy by the name of Justin ** worked on my case and after wasting several hours trying to get the interest rate from him I realized this is a scam.

My credit score is A+ and this jerk came back with some fictitious number which did not match with the credit report that had been run by my identity protect services. As a result he couldn't offer me a lower interest rate. He then began to insult me and tell me that I'm ridiculous for even disagreeing. He sounded like a child. He also mentioned that low interest loans don't exist anymore. Then why would you advertise it on TV with the guise that you're helping veterans? This experience taught me that New Day USA is not focused on helping veterans. It is a predatory service which tried to take my current fixed 3.75% interest rate and convert it to 4.75% with an additional 250K in debt. Needless to say I had some choice words for Justin before hanging up. Don't mess with veterans!

Original review: March 26, 2019

It seems to be impossible to get them to stop sending glossy snail mail. I've contacted them several times to get off the mailing list but to no avail. I guess it's time to resort to bad reviews. Unresponsive equals unreliable in my book.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Collin was very helpful in every step along the way. We are very pleased with all his efforts and assistance. We will highly recommend NewDay to everyone. Again we would like to thank Collin, and also thanks to newday for caring about vets. Not many companies care enough. If we ever need another home newday will be our choice.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I was very pleased with the processing by Theodore **, Account Executive. He was very responsive to answering questions and returning phone calls. When unexpected issues arose, Ted was good at explaining what additional forms were needed. His response time was exceptional in responding by either telephone or email. Even after the loan was approved and processed Ted still took phone calls and answered questions.

Original review: March 4, 2019

At first everything in the loan process was running smoothly. I was even told it was running so smoothly it looked like we could close on the loan early. Then I was told the title company needed a letter from my attorney verifying that my ex-wife could not place a lien on the house despite her not being on the original title or loan and having submitted a quit claim on the home. I submitted the letter and waited only to be told the title company wanted to wait until after a pending court date to see the outcome.

The divorce was a year ago and the court hearing was to determine how to proceed with taxes since my ex had not signed return checks or tax filings she was ordered to sign the previous year. Following the hearing I was told the title company needed another letter from my attorney once again stating my ex wife could not place a lien on the home. Once again my attorney submitted a letter explaining this. I was expecting to proceed at this point however, I was informed my ex-wife needed to verify and sign the attorney's letter. I explained to NewDay this was an impossible request as my ex-wife needed to be court ordered to sign documents from the previous year. I was told they would look for another solution to the problem. They came back about a week later with a plan to pay settlement money for 2020 to my ex-wife out of the loan.

Maybe I am just naive but I fail to understand why a a title company sets the terms of a refinance when they have a clean title, a quit claim, a copy of the divorce decree, multiple assurances from an attorney, and no history of non payment or late payment to my ex-wife. Not to mention the insult of being told that in order for the loan to go through they would need to pay the 2020 settlement payment in March of 2019 or have the money held until payment was made. Why would ANYONE would refinance at an interest rate a full percentage point higher than most and pay interest on money that they were told how to use or have sit idle/unusable for over a year is beyond me. Needless to say I halted the process a little poorer for appraisal, inspection, and attorney fees. Overall THE MOST INSULTING EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

My experience was a very positive one. Our agent Zach ** explained the process. What happened was exactly what happened. There were a couple of bumps but it was all managed by Zach. He is an excellent professional. You have met your commitment. Thank You! I will recommend you to friends & family members.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Very easy to use and everybody we dealt with were very professional. Very user friendly too... Highly recommend using New Day. Very fast turn around time on everything we had to do. It's nice to work with such professionalism. Thank you so much for your time and patience with my lack of computer skills.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

As a 35 year combat veteran and senior officer, I would never inquire about a loan from this organization. They target niave veterans into getting VA loans saying they will approve when others won't. New Day USA is no different then any other loan group. Shop around first. All mortgage groups that offer VA loans follow strict guidelines.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

We had a great experience with New Day. From the initial contact to closing, Ben ** was very professional and answered all of our questions. The process was very easy. I was skeptical before starting, but I was pleasantly surprised. I highly recommend New Day to all Veterans and their families.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Great experience easy and fast. Ryan took us through the process kept constant contact. He was extremely knowledgeable and able to share insight to enable us to get the proper paperwork in order. The loan process was very quick. It only took a couple of weeks. I would recommend this service to anyone that would be considering refinancing their home. I believe this service will help veterans get ahead and live a better life.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Great service, responsive to all concerns, questions. Agent was able to answer and address any concerns I had. I am completely satisfied with New Day and have recommended to my future daughter in law. She and my oldest son are getting married in July and looking to purchase a home in Bartlesville, Okla.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Our experience started off good and turned into a nightmare. My husband will be 90 in June, & a WW2 Veteran. I had to have cataract surgery and on a fixed income, chose my eyesight over a house payment. They never contacted us on why our payment was late so we could work with them. Gave us to Freedom Mortgage. Thrown under the bus & had excellent credit before that! So much for help!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

The process was easy and straightforward. If you have all your paperwork and documents ready beforehand, you will be surprised how easy the entire process will be. Being prepared helped closed my loan in less than 3 weeks. We were able to meet our closing date 2 weeks before the set date.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I want to thank the entire NewDay USA team for assisting me and my family. My loan officer Mr. ** was instrumental in getting this process going in the right direction and I am truly thankful to him. I have a second chance to do it right! Veterans helping Veterans! I truly recommend before you make a decision give NewDay a call...

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

From start to finish, the service was professional and the results were outstanding. Their informative communication and constant effort to provide timely service and sound advice made my Loan Refinance a great experience. Their commitment to perform expeditiously during the Holiday was remarkable which demonstrated a dedication to Customer Service that is seldom found. I highly recommend their service.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Joseph **, AVP Loan origination, well we had mediocre expectations when we first called. Those expectations were quickly squelched. Joe was attentive, supporting, understood exactly what we needed and executed flawlessly. In my 67 years of working with financial institutions, NewDay was amazing. We closed in less than 30 days and the load allowed us to move toward being debt free. To Joseph ** and the whole NewDay team, THANK YOU! 5 Stars across the board. looking forward to working with you when in the future.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

This was the worst loan experience I have ever had. From improper pay off amounts to rate going up. Never would I recommend this company to anyone. I am working on an indebt letter to the BBB. Thanks for nothing. This was dealing with used car salespeople. I got approved 1 day before closing at a 1% lower rate. But no Regi couldn't work with it.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Matt did an excellent job of preparing me for a successful close to my home refi. His persistence and determination helped us both see it through and have all necessary documentation turned in by the various deadlines. I was very happy with his professionalism and consideration towards my time. I would recommend his services to others who may be looking to refi.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Excellent customer service, and speedy closing process. NewDay was able to get me a home loan that was 100% of my home value. This enabled me to pay off most credit card debt and some extra needed cash for the holidays. I would definitely recommend NewDay for any Veteran looking to either re-finance or just need some extra cash to get them through a difficult time.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

This experience was superior in EVERY way! My loan officer, Brian **, did an exemplary job. The easiest, smoothest mortgage experience I have ever had, and I have had a number of mortgages throughout my lifetime, including other VA loans! Anyone considering a VA loan of any type would be wise to choose NewDay USA!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

My loan was handled professionally and with respect. It could not have been made any easier. Thanks for everything that was done to help. I would recommend. My contact Zachary ** went above and beyond to help. I would do this again if needed. If there is anything I could do I would.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Outstanding experience from start to finish. Sam ** our Account Executive provided outstanding advice and service throughout the entire process. He thoroughly explained each step of the process so we were not unprepared for what was expected. It was a pleasure dealing with Sam, and we sent an email to several weeks ago to his boss, complimenting Sam's performance and our pleasant experience.

NewDay USA expert review by Michele Lerner

NewDay USA is a mortgage team that is mostly comprised of veterans. It is dedicated to providing veterans with maximum benefits, including special mortgage or reverse mortgage terms.

• Offers VA benefits as well as reverse mortgages: Veterans may qualify for even more funds as a result of having served or continuing to serve with the U.S. military.

• Quick turnaround: NewDay USA processes reverse mortgages within 30 days of application, so consumers get access to money quickly.

• Online and phone customer support: Customers can get support online or over the phone 24 hours a day.

• Focus: Consumers may have a hard time finding information on reverse mortgage products because NewDay USA offers other types of loans as well.

• Information: NewDay USA doesn’t offer any information online about what reverse mortgages are or how they work.

• Best for: Seniors on fixed income and seniors who want to enjoy their later years.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

NewDay USA Company Information