Call toll free
4.70/5
Based on 2,662 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

As the largest debt negotiator in the nation, Freedom Debt Relief has resolved over $9 billion in consumer debt. Through their proven debt relief program, they have helped hundreds of thousands of Americans significantly reduce the amount they owe and resolve their debts more quickly and affordably than other options like debt consolidation loans.

The company began in 2002 with a mission to provide a debt solution that puts consumers first. Therefore, the initial consultation FDR provides is focused on educating consumers about several debt options (not just their program).

By staying true to its mission, hiring the best professionals in the industry, and continually innovating their services, Freedom Debt Relief has grown to employ over 2,000 highly trained professionals and enrolled over 615,000 clients.

View More View More

12889 Freedom Debt Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Debra was awesome and made me feel comfortable in the process and took the time to listen to me. Thanks again and looking to get this debt off my back and enjoy life again. I will for talk to friends and family about this experience.

Good morning Kevin,

This is an outstanding review. We are so happy Debra has been providing you with excellent customer service and we will take control of all the accounts enrolled in Freedom Debt Relief. Success is coming your way soon. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Get expert buying tips about Debt Consolidation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Sean... my go-to guy for all questions and answers has been very helpful and kind... as well as very patient when I don't understand. The program is new so I am in hopes this all works out... as Sean has been very reassuring that everything will go well. I am in hopes the creditors will be understanding.

Hello Sharon,

We thank you for your positive response. We are very happy to hear Sean assisting you and demonstrating outstanding customer service. We have your back at Freedom Debt Relief and we are excited to see you succeed in becoming debt free. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

The reason I terminated my account the first time was due to the fact that I still had considerable debt. I re-enrolled, and was very satisfied with the help I received. I've now been in the program for a month and considerable happy. I believe everything is going to work out fine. I feel some relief.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We're glad you came back to us, JoAnn! Remember we are always on your side, and are ready to assist you when you need it! Client services can be reached at (800) 655-6303 or email us at support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for being a part of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I wish I had contacted them earlier. I am very much relieved! The people I've had contact with have been helpful. I would recommend them to anybody needing help. They have answered all my questions, and been thorough. So far so good.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for the wonderful review, Henry! We're grateful that you chose us to be on your side to assist you in resolving your debt! Thank you for being a part of Freedom Debt Relief, and we are looking forward to your success! In the future please feel free to reach out to our client services team at (800) 655-6303 or email us at support@freedomdebtrelief.com.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Hesitant at first to call FDR. I did, debt was consolidated and I make my monthly deposits and the structured settlements are being resolved in a timely manner. I highly recommend anyone having challenges to pay off debts to call FDR.

Hello Jenifer,

We appreciate your honesty and love your response. We are very glad you chose Freedom Debt Relief and we will do our best to resolve all of your accounts as soon as we can. We are excited to see you debt free and would love to have you recommend our program to your family and friends. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I am pleased with FDR. They have successfully negotiated most of my accounts. The NLLC are wonderful as well. I needed to enlist them in one of my accounts and was satisfied, hoping they could have negotiated lower payment amount. They filed my paperwork with the court. Very efficient. Glad I have them in my corner. Looking forward to being debt free in the next couple of years.

Good morning Gail,

Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear about your outstanding success thus far and we are also proud to hear about you wonderful experience with NLLG. We are very excited to see you graduate Freedom Debt Relief debt free. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

They have helped get my life back, with helping pay off my credit cards fast and easy. It would have taken many years to pay them off but with this program, I will be debt free in no time. They also get right back to me anytime I contact them. Thank you so much.

Hello Betty,

We love your positive response. We are here for you at Freedom Debt Relief and we want you to accomplish financial freedom! We will continue to provide you with excellent customer service and we love having you enrolled in our program. Keep up the great work. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Alex did an excellent job of finding a solution right for me. He did a good job of explaining everything to me. He gave me his direct phone number to call if I had any concerns or questions. I hung up with a sense of hope.

Hello Jill,

We thank you for your review. We are very glad to hear Alex has been further assisting in enrolling you into Freedom Debt Relief. We absolutely do our best to explain our program thoroughly to all of our clients. The light at the end of the tunnel is coming soon! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I am very satisfied so far with the help I have received. Thank you so much for all of your help. I am very confident that this will work to my benefit. I have told friends about your company and how we hope to resolve my financial problems.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you very much for the great review, MaryJo! We're pleased to hear that you're satisfied with our services thus far! Did you know we have a referral bonus program? Please feel free to reach out to our client services team to learn more! Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief, and please continue to reach out to our client services team when you have questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I spoke with debt consultant David ** and he was very helpful with answering any questions I had, as well as thoroughly explaining how the program works. As a result of David's assistance, I was able to enroll in a program that works for me. I'm confident that Freedom Debt Relief can assist me in resolving my debt, and helping to secure a better financial future.

Hello Jacob,

Thank you for your amazing response. We are so happy to hear David was able to further assist in enrolling you into our debt resolution program. We are very glad to have you enrolled and we are excited to see your success.We will take control of your accounts and leave you debt free. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

The customer care team is awesome and very professional, every time I have had a problem or question they have always helped me and were so nice about it. At first I was very nervous about consolidating my debts but after speaking with my rep, I felt confident and secure in my decision to use FDR.

Hello Rachael,

Thank you for your positive response! We strive for outstanding customer service and we will have your back throughout your journey to financial freedom! We are confident you will succeed in our program. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Freedom Debt Relief did a great job taking care of their of me, got to be patient with them. Just all have to say again, great job guys. Got any issue they will helped you out. But less they can work with the creditors to settlement less money from creditors.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for the great review, Randy! It has been a pleasure to assist you in resolving your debt, and we're looking forward to your continued success! Thank you for being a part of Freedom Debt Relief, and please feel free to reach out to our client services team when you have questions or concerns!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I have only began, made one half payment so far, too soon to really see how this all happens. Will need few months to see how FDR negotiates down balances and apr's. Communication has been fine, seems complete for now.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Welcome to Freedom Debt Relief, Bernard! We are so glad to have you aboard. We understand if it may be too soon to provide adequate feedback. We do thank you, however for complimenting the level of communication you have experienced thus far. Thank you for sharing! Good luck!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

This program came in the right time for my needs & so far so Good!?? I would grade it a 100. God is an awesome God & I had no clue this program was out there & again it’s so workable. Thanks to all involved in making this program.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Wow, Florine! This is an amazing review. Thank you so much for sharing! We are thrilled you were able to find our program in your search for assistance in getting out of debt. We, too are so glad to have you aboard. Welcome to Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I am disappointed in the fees. I understand it is the cost to get help, but seems extremely high, and unsure of the value, in other words, the high fees should equate to better and Quicker settlements. A lot of our accounts still show not negotiated yet, it would be nice to show how many and in negotiations, and if you could get them to stop harassing while negotiating, maybe not in your control but would be nice. I am also skeptical about how to check they are going back to fix my credit report after a settlement is made, I don't trust them to do it.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback, Stephanie. We're sorry to hear you are experiencing some disappointments in the program. It sounds like you have several concerns regarding costs incurred while enrolled in the program as well as dealing with creditor calls. We would like an opportunity to address these concerns. A team member will be reaching out to you soon. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Freedom has been an excellent source of comfort as they have helped us recover from harder times. The ability to take the stress of dealing with creditors and legal actions and hand it over to Freedom has improved our entire mindset and outlook for our future. We are very thankful.

Freedom Debt Relief response

This is an amazing review, Brad. Thank you so much for sharing! We are thrilled to know we have successfully provided you with peace of mind and security. Thank you, again for such awesome feedback.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I do not like to go back to think how I personally was before getting on the FDR program... devastating. Currently I feel free and with hope and faith I know that at the end I will be financially renew. Give yourself the opportunity to stand ahead of debts and live a happy life. EASY put your expectations in the hands of people who knows what and how to do to help you thru... Hand to hand you are not alone, they will never leave you.

Freedom Debt Relief response

What an amazing review, Milagros! Thank you so much for sharing this. We are amazed that our services have improved your outlook on life so greatly. Thank you for offering other consumers your testimony to prove there are options available to get themselves out of debt. Great job to you for taking that first step in the debt free journey. Here's to your financial success! Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Not completely satisfied with the guidance in the beginning and the follow-thru. The ONLY accounts that I was in arrears on were the cards that I was told not to pay!!! Then when my report came out I was turned down for consolidation because of bad credit??? I put satisfied in my comments because I got about what I expected. Not the WHOLE truths.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We are sorry to hear, Richard that you have experienced so many disappointments while being enrolled in our program. We would like an opportunity to address the concerns mentioned. A team member will be reaching out to you shortly. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

So far so good with this process. Everybody has been extremely professional and helpful. It's hard to ask for help sometimes with your finances, but now that I have it feels great. I look forward to clearing this debt once and for all.

Good morning Chad,

We appreciate your positive feedback and we have your back through graduation at Freedom Debt Relief. We are confident you will succeed in becoming debt free and you can ask us any questions or concerns that come up. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I have no problem. The staff are great and very helpful. They help you to understand! They explained everything to this program. I'm so happy with this company. I made the right decision to pick this company. I will recommend it anyone that will ask me.

Good morning Rose,

We are very pleased to see your response. We have your back at Freedom Debt Relief and we are very proud to have you enrolled in our program. We would greatly appreciate if you recommend Freedom Debt Relief to all of your friends and family. Keep up the amazing work! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

So far I have been glad that I am in the program. I have had good experiences over the phone and have made a lot of progress in reducing my debt. The reason I gave only 4 starts is that I have not been satisfied with the explanation of where my money goes for what. I wish this would be in the statement. I have a negative balance and by my calculation it should be positive. Freedom only says how much is paid to creditors but does not say how much goes to Freedom.

Good morning Ann,

This is an amazing review! We are very proud of your accomplishments so far and we apologize for any confusion in regards to the distribution of the funds you give to Freedom Debt Relief. We would advise you to contact customer service and ask them to send you an account ledger, this will show you everything coming in and out of your account. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

We’re getting older and we wanted to get our affairs in order and choosing Freedom was the best choice to take. We had accumulated credit card debt and we got their services for a debt consolidation. I like the way Freedom Debt Relief approaches their clients. They guided us on the right route to take and explained the whole situation to us which was very helpful being that you do this on telephone or online. So far, the service we’ve been receiving has been exceptional. We only wish that the process would have been quicker, and it isn't gonna happen since this takes time. Having Freedom decreased our stress level quite a lot. I would definitely recommend them to a friend and I would strongly suggest to anyone that asks that they at least talk with the individuals and see if they have a program that would match their needs at the moment.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate the wonderful review, Martha. We agree that it takes time to get you great settlements, however we are more than happy to be on the job and we're ready to help you get out from underneath your debt! Thank you for recognizing our world class client services team, and we are looking forward to your brighter financial future!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Great. Couldn't be more satisfied. Original intake and all times I have had to interact with FDR. I have recommended them to friends. Thank you for the gift. Intake person was very helpful and courteous. Have other experiences years ago that I was very dissatisfied with. Hope to complete before time.

Hello Beth,

We are so proud to see your positive feedback. We are very happy to have you enrolled in Freedom Debt Relief and we will have your back through your journey to become debt free. We are so happy you liked our gift to you, you deserved it! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

David ** was incredibly helpful, knowledgeable, friendly and thorough. I also like the dashboard and look forward to understand the next steps in the process. It sounds like a great plan and has given us a great deal of peace.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I'm happy to be with FDR. I was so stressed out about my bills. I was paying more than I had. My reason for joining FDR was because I want debt freedom. So I joined and I can't be more pleased. The only thing I wish was that it didn't take so many years to complete.

Good morning Dawn,

Thank you for your positive response. We are so happy to take that weight off your shoulders and we are very glad to have you enrolled in our program. Typically it is a 24-48 month program, but with additional deposits you have the opportunity to speed that up. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Your company is a blessing. I would recommend to a friend and I am pleased with the results and I am looking forward to getting out of debt. Thank you. I have some other issues to add to my account in 4 months.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you so much, George for the awesome review! We are thankful for the referrals and are pleased to know you have had a positive experience thus far. Welcome to Freedom Debt Relief! We are looking forward to your many successes to come!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

As of right now I am in the beginning stages of the program so my input is limited other than to say everyone I have spoken to has been very helpful. I am now just waiting until they start negotiating my settlements.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for the positive review, Janemarie! We're happy to hear our team has been helpful, and we are excited to start getting you great settlements! In the meantime if you have questions or concerns regarding your account please feel free to reach out to our client services team at (800) 655-6303 or you can contact us through your client dashboard at www.fdrclient.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Although am was initially excited once entering your program, I have to say that I am very concerned about the numerous phone calls I receive on a daily basis from creditors now that we are 6-8 weeks into the program. As someone who always paid my bills on time, and thus have never dealt with the creditors calls, this is very unnerving. I really was hopeful and believe that you should have made contact with my creditors to avoid this scenario.

Good afternoon Thomas,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your program. We understand in the beginning of your journey to financial freedom, the creditor calls might cause concerns. Have you changed your contact information to Freedom Debt Relief's address and phone number? This can aid in relieving some of those creditor calls. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

My experience with Freedom Debt Relief has been awesome. Everyone you speak to in customer service makes everything super easy to understand. They answered all questions I may have of had about the process. They keep you informed along the whole process. And I'm so excited to be on the path to being debt free with the help of Freedom Debt Relief.

Good morning Leah,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We strive for outstanding customer service and we are so proud to demonstrate this to you thus far. We will continue to send you alerts any time we see changes to your program with Freedom Debt Relief. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Staff so has been friendly, excellent customer service and professional staff. Knowledgeable about financial tools and resources to assist in helping me reduce my debt. The team of counselors and financial staff planning a good program going forward to get out of debt over the next 4 years. Reducing stress and cleaning up past due accounts, student loans and unpaid debt. Eliminating fees and extra charges from creditors.

Hello Judge,

We appreciate your positive review and we are so happy to show you the utmost customer service. We are here for you at Freedom Debt Relief and we will have your back throughout your journey to financial freedom. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Freedom Debt Relief expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Freedom Debt Relief is a credit advocacy and debt resolution company that has resolved over $4 billion in debt for its clients. Freedom Debt Relief has over 900 highly-trained professionals at their company. Their individualized approach first reviews every customer’s personal situation to determine whether they are the best fit for the company. If the company can’t help the consumer, they refer them to a more suitable agency.

• No fees upfront: Freedom Debt Relief doesn't charge any fees until after they have resolved your debt.

• Training: Employees receive in-depth training and frequent quality assurance monitoring.

• Customer support: Customer support specialists are available online 24/7, and an online consumer portal to help clients stay informed and in control.

• Certifications: The company is a Platinum Member of the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA), a Charter Member of the American Fair Credit Council and accredited by BSI Management Systems.

• Services: Freedom Debt Relief offers options for debt management such as debt settlement, credit counseling, debt consolidation and additional methods of financial assistance.

• Bankruptcy: Freedom Debt Relief can help consumers work through their bankruptcy plans and options as well as manage their debts.

• Best for: consumers worried about bankruptcy, over-spenders and individuals with excessive credit card debt.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg