Call toll free
4.60/5
Based on 6,251 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

As the largest debt negotiator in the nation, Freedom Debt Relief (FDR) has helped hundreds of thousands of Americans significantly reduce the amount they owe and resolve their debts more quickly and affordably than many other options.

The company began in 2002 with a mission to provide a debt solution that puts consumers first. Therefore, the initial consultation FDR provides is focused on educating consumers about several debt options (not just their program).

By staying true to its mission, hiring the best professionals in the industry, and continually innovating their services, Freedom Debt Relief has grown to employ over 2,000 highly trained professionals and resolve debts for nearly 530,000 clients.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

12605 Freedom Debt Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 20, 2018

I sought financial assistance to help me out of my "debt hole", and with Dominick's knowledge and professionalism, he introduced me to this program perfectly entitled, FREEDOM Debt Relief. I feel better physically because this debt is going to be resolved shortly. Thank God for answered prayer.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 20, 2018

Kevin was wonderful and patient. He explained everything well. He provided answers to all questions as well documentation regarding the company's success. He worked with my schedule and responded promptly. He understood my concerns and addressed them quickly. Great interaction.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I had the pleasure of working with Melissa. She was great, she explained things well and made sure to make me feel that asking questions was okay. I was optimistic going into this today but I received a call as soon as I submitted the inquiry and it didn't take a full hour to get everything done. I am very much looking toward the future!!!

Original review: July 20, 2018

The last month has been a financial nightmare for us. I can’t tell you how many companies I spoke to before this and got nowhere. From the time I started the application online to the last words of our last phone call, it was about an hour and a half, amazing! Everything was explained in layman's terms so we could understand it easily. Thank you so much for helping us get to this step and be able to move forward in paying of our debts! You all are so wonderful, special thanks to Mike ** for helping us with the process, he went above and beyond our expectations. Once again thank you!

Original review: July 20, 2018

Dayton was able to provide a clear understanding of questions we had for signing up with the program. My husband and I feel there is way now out of our financial mess. Thank you Dayton for the guide and Eric for welcoming up us to the program.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

Original review: July 20, 2018

He was a great help and did his job well and I would recommend the company to others. My agent was name Justin. He was well knowledge and enjoyed helping. Great attitude and good manners and was professional at his job.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I feel Freedom Debt Relief is an awesome opportunity to alleviate stress on my way to debt relief; Jason ** was my rep and he did an exceedingly fantastic job at demonstrating his knowledge of the program and processing my enrollment in a timely efficient manner. I am very grateful.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Jason was super helpful, professional and pleasant to speak with. I never felt judged or uncomfortable with discussing my particular financial situation with him. He answered any and all of the questions I asked and was very knowledgeable concerning Freedom Debt Relief's services. I am confident that this program is going to put me where I'd like to be concerning my financial stability. Thank you Jason!!!

Original review: July 19, 2018

I am very pleased with FDR program! I have had one account settled and looking forward to being debt free. This program is everything Sherry ** said it is. I encourage everyone to stay the course. Thanks again to a wonderful staff and support team for all their hard work and dedication to everyone who applies.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Dayton was the most helpful consultant I have ever come across. He not only helped me with my financial problems, but he also educated me on my student loan. He went above and beyond to thoroughly explain every step of the process to me. I hope he knows how much that means to me. He treated me with the utmost respect and patience. I will definitely recommend him and his services to anyone I know who is struggling with debt. Thank you so much for putting my mind at ease and helping me become debt free.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Bree ** was so helpful in this process. She is an asset to your company. If anyone we know gets in the situation we are we will refer them to her. She made it less stressful for us. We called quite a few companies.

Original review: July 19, 2018

This was a great experience for me. I was able to get my credit card debt under control in a short amount of time. Customer service was awesome! Your team is very knowledgeable and courteous. Thank you so much for your assistance!

Original review: July 18, 2018

Very happy and able to sleep and breath easy again. Jason was great at helping me today. I got fast answers and help. I hope the future goes as we have talked and if all is well I'll be able to refer you to everyone else I may know that needs help.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Your representative, Sherry **, was a joy to work with. She was very informative, knowledgeable, and understanding. Sherry made this potentially stressful experience (as many financial decisions are for seniors on Social Security) simple and was always open to any question that I had. The process was easy, quick, and without any hidden agendas. Thank you.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Mr. ** is very professional and very knowledgeable in all aspects of this program. He is on point to every detail of the program and gives you a PEACE of mind that it is not too late to have FRESH START in life! He is genuinely compassionate to people's feelings and their financial situation. I would highly recommend this program and for the FDR family especially to Mr. Michael **. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Original review: July 17, 2018

Mr Demerro ** was very helpful and I was comfortable with the process. Hes very knowledgeable and patient. He answered all my questions. Thank you again. I will recommend your company due to excellence and overall service. I was a little nervous but after speaking to my agent I was more confident this was the right decision for me.

Original review: July 17, 2018

The enrollment process was quick and easy. All of the representatives from Freedom Debt Relief were so helpful and made us feel comfortable with our decision. We are very happy with the monthly savings! We are looking forward to paying down our debt and regaining our finances.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Thank you Kareem at Freedom Debt Relief. He was very helpful and nice. I sure will recommend this place to anyone!! I can finally have the big weight off my shoulders knowing I will be debt free in 36 months. Instead of the rest of my life.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 17, 2018

I am being sued by Citibank and am paying your company 135$ bi weekly to take care of my debt. Please call me. Please contact asap. Thank you. I have also sent emails to ask questions and submit paperwork via pics as well.

Hi Jonathan,

We're sorry to hear that one of your creditors is pursuing legal action, but we can still help you. Please call us immediately, at (800) 655-6303 for further assistance.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Jason was very good. I enjoyed working with him. He Answered all my questions and was very helpful and understanding. We are already feeling good about this decision and look forward to the progress a head of us.

Original review: July 16, 2018

My FDR rep, Jose, is VERY friendly, helpful, knowledgeable in helping me get started. I felt properly guided as I set up my account and info. Thank you so much for a great way to help rebuild my life. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this program to anyone wanting to rebuild their financial future.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Received excellent customer service from Kafi ** concerning debt relief. She was very polite and explained all my questions and concerns in detail. Timelines and totals were given as well as phone numbers for additional help. Thank you Kafi for all of your assistance, I'm looking forward to a more financially stable future.

Original review: July 15, 2018

John was very knowledgeable in the information he shared with me and help me make the decision to take control of my finances! It was hard to make the decision to place the phone call but now I feel comfortable with my choice to proceed!

Hello Brenda,

Thank you so much! We are thrilled to receive your 5-star review and we look forward to helping you reach your goals of financial freedom! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com should you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Now you start living life stress-free and start working on all this debt. Thank you for all your help. Without your help, I'd never get debt free. Mr. ** was an awesome person, great attitude and a great person. I'm glad I have him as my representative. Mr. ** was very professional and explained everything to me great detail.

Hello Ricky,

Thank you for your great review! We appreciate your comments and look forward to successfully assisting you through the remainder of your debt relief program! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com should you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Our debt consultant Debra ** was amazing and so helpful. She answered all my questions. Very friendly. Really enjoyed working with her. She made so much stress she left off our shoulders. We appreciate her so much. She is wonderful at her job and very quick.

Hello Amber,

We appreciate the positive review! Thank you for taking time to leave positive feedback for us! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com should you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Casey ** was an outstanding Rep for your company. Walked me through the process politely and patiently. He answered all my questions and informed me of how to progress. He calmed the fears I had about something I've never done before.

Hello Melvin,

Thank you for the helpful feedback regarding your debt relief program! We strive to provide excellence to all of our clients! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Tori is absolutely fantastic. She's easy to talk to and worked with me fast so that I can get back on track. She gives you affirmation that you can get through it. I feel so much better knowing I will be debt free!

Dear Jessica,

Thank you for your positive review! We look forward to your continued success with Freedom Debt Relief! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com with any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Andre ** provided an experience that exceeded my expectations. He’s very knowledgeable about the program & answered all questions to my satisfaction. However, I didn’t fully appreciate the fact that I have to miss payments for so many months! No wonder Andre cautioned me that my credit rating would be affected.

Hello Tracey,

Original review: July 13, 2018

Your service is the light at the end of the tunnel. I’m very happy with Patsy, who was truly informative and professional. Thank you for all that you do. I will definitely let a friend in need of this service.

Hello Penelope,

Original review: July 13, 2018

Everything was professional and easy to understand. It was exactly what the ad said about you. All questions were answered and the paperwork came through my Email with no problem. It is a lot of work to read all that you sent me.

Hello Rion,

Freedom Debt Relief expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Freedom Debt Relief is a credit advocacy and debt resolution company that has resolved over $4 billion in debt for its clients. Freedom Debt Relief has over 900 highly-trained professionals at their company. Their individualized approach first reviews every customer’s personal situation to determine whether they are the best fit for the company. If the company can’t help the consumer, they refer them to a more suitable agency.

• No fees upfront: Freedom Debt Relief doesn't charge any fees until after they have resolved your debt.

• Training: Employees receive in-depth training and frequent quality assurance monitoring.

• Customer support: Customer support specialists are available online 24/7, and an online consumer portal to help clients stay informed and in control.

• Certifications: The company is a Platinum Member of the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA), a Charter Member of the American Fair Credit Council and accredited by BSI Management Systems.

• Services: Freedom Debt Relief offers options for debt management such as debt settlement, credit counseling, debt consolidation and additional methods of financial assistance.

• Bankruptcy: Freedom Debt Relief can help consumers work through their bankruptcy plans and options as well as manage their debts.

• Best for: consumers worried about bankruptcy, over-spenders and individuals with excessive credit card debt.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg