Call toll free
4.60/5
Based on 2,566 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

As the largest debt negotiator in the nation, Freedom Debt Relief has resolved over $9 billion in consumer debt. Through their proven debt relief program, they have helped hundreds of thousands of Americans significantly reduce the amount they owe and resolve their debts more quickly and affordably than other options like debt consolidation loans.

The company began in 2002 with a mission to provide a debt solution that puts consumers first. Therefore, the initial consultation FDR provides is focused on educating consumers about several debt options (not just their program).

By staying true to its mission, hiring the best professionals in the industry, and continually innovating their services, Freedom Debt Relief has grown to employ over 2,000 highly trained professionals and enrolled over 615,000 clients.

Freedom Debt Relief Video
View More View More

13613 Freedom Debt Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I thought I was applying for a loan, but it actually turned out to be your company. Not unhappy about the find, but would've liked to know what I was getting prior to applying for the loan. Thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Consolidation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Freedom Debt Relief company is very reliable. This company has work diligently to do what they offer since the beginning. The support they have provided me with has helped me to work on my debt. I like the way they have made knowing about my account with them in the internet very friendly. They also have bilingual Spanish staff, that is great.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We're so glad to know that you feel well-supported in our program, Raul. Great job making yourself familiar with the client dashboard. We use this as a tool to keep each of our clients up to date regarding their individual accounts. We also appreciate you sharing the tools that benefit you the greatest. Please continue to reach out to us in client services as other questions and/or concerns come up for you. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief to meet your financial goals!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Received 4 letters from different solicitors proffering their services regarding a pending lawsuit filed by Discover Bank. Sent you the letters and spoke with NLNG who said if we were served then we needed to contact them immediately. Really appreciated the level of response and amelioration of my perceptions and apprehension.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Great job recognizing the correspondences received were just legal advertisements, Amarachi. We truly appreciate you reaching out to NLLG to learn more about the notices. We're glad to know they were able to put your mind at ease and advise you on what to do should you receive an actual summons. If you have any other questions regarding what to expect when dealing with an aggressive creditor, please contact our advocates in the advanced collections team. They can be reached at (800)993-8950. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief to meet your financial goals!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I had received a summons from a credit card company that now put me to a debt collector which is a lawyer. I had called Freedom Debt Relief immediately. Talked to Mathew, friendly and knowledgeable representative. He knew exactly what had to be done. This is only another hurdle I have to jump over to be debt free. Freedom debt relief have been by my side helping me achieve my goal of getting debt free. Thank you freedom debt relief.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Receiving a summons can be a daunting experience. We're so glad to hear that the advocate who assisted you advised you of exactly what needs to be done to resolve the balance. You're absolutely correct, Kathleen! This is yet just another hurdle we need to clear to keep moving forward. We truly appreciate your positive attitude and outlook on the given situation. Thank you for sharing your honest feedback regarding the experiences you've had with us. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief to meet your financial goals!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Excited to be working with such a thorough and professional company. Patsy was a pleasure to work with and made this process very easy, explained everything in detail for full understanding and the upmost customer service. I feel very comfortable knowing that I am in good hands and am looking forward to becoming more financially stable after this. Thanks!

Hello Erica,

We greatly appreciate your review. We are thrilled to have you a part of Freedom Debt Relief and we want to congratulate you on starting your journey to becoming debt free. We are very confident you will see excellent results and we are looking forward to your accomplishments! Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I am happy with the results, all the agents I spoke with were very caring and want to help. I will recommend Freedom Debt Relief to anyone that is having financial problems. I was able to cope with the payments every month.

Hello Zoe,

Thank you very much for your review. We are so glad to hear about your positive experience with Freedom Debt Relief so far and we will continue to provide you with excellent customer service. We support your journey to becoming debt free and we are glad our monthly deposit fits within your budget! Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Kaleene was so incredibly helpful from start to finish, which didn’t take very much time at all! The whole process took about two days, and I immediately felt a weight lift off my shoulders. I was so stressed about the debt I had and now I feel like I can get out from under it and live my life to the fullest!! Would recommend to anyone in debt!!!

Hello Tess,

Thank you very much for your review. We are thrilled to hear about your enrollment into Freedom Debt Relief and we are very happy you had a wonderful experience with Kaleene. We will continue to give you the peace of mind you deserve and we are counting down the days until you reach financial freedom! Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

The phone call was pleasant, informative and I enjoyed my conversation, as well as the results from FDR. My experience with FDR has been as I was told it would be. There is progress in getting out of debt and that makes me happy!

Hello Mary Jane,

Thank you for your excellent review. We are thrilled to hear about your positive experience with Freedom Debt Relief from the time you enrolled in our program. We absolutely love speaking with you and we will continue to answer any questions or concerns that come up. The light at the end of the tunnel is coming soon! Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Great service. Your professionalism and financial knowledge has helped me with my debts. I am reaching my goal and I am very happy and relief on my way to financial freedom. Thank you so much for guiding me through this very hard time.

Hello Floralina,

Thank you very much for your positive response. We are thrilled to hear of your experience thus far and we will continue to show you the utmost customer service and professionalism. We are very excited to see your progress in becoming debt free, keep up the great work! Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Everything was handled in a professional manner and I felt very comfortable about the transaction. It is very easy to go online and check everything. If the rest goes as smooth than the start I will be very happy. I don't know what else to say until some transactions have been done. So far everything looks very good.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you very much for your honest review, Ursula! We're excited to be working with you and we're pleased to know that you're happy with your program thus far! Don't forget that we're here for you every step of the way and any time you have questions or need assistance, give us a call at (800) 655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

It was very informative. I’m appreciative with Patsy consistency and concern. Her patience with my schedule because I’m a graveyard, to keep me aware of the time I had to still apply to the program. Can thank her enough. She was thoroughly clear and guided me to get approved??? ❤️

Freedom Debt Relief response

We love to hear that Patsy took great care of you during the enrollment process, Michael! We consider ourselves lucky to have great agents like she and we'll be happy to pass on the kudos! Don't forget we have a wonderful client services team that's always ready to answer any questions or concerns you have along the way, give them a call or email. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Shaun was my contact and he was very helpful and understanding. I would recommend him for sure. I am so far happy to be using Freedom Debt Relief and hope to give them 5 stars all the way through this process. Very happy so far. Thank you!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you very much for your great review, Laura! We're thrilled to know that Shaun took great care of you throughout your enrollment process. In the future, if you have questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact our world-class client services team at (800) 655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I cancelled my program and was told that I would get all my money back because you didn't do anything but set it up, but I didn't receive all my money back. I was suppose to get 258.00 and I only got back 240.09. I do not like to be lied to. So I will not be recommending you to my friends.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We're very sorry to hear that you've had a negative experience, Judie. We will have a member of our team reach out to you shortly to hopefully resolve your concerns. Thank you for your time and patience.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Great help, very confident to discuss my problems, put my mind at ease and yes I would recommend you to any of my friends. Thanks so much. I do have some questions. Do I make the payments or do you take it out of my accounts? Thanks again for all your help.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Freedom Debt Relief has provided me with a great quality service to help me with my debt. The most important things they provide are structure and ease of use. So I would recommend them to anyone who is serious about managing their debt.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We're thrilled that you're happy with our services, Antonio! Don't forget that the Freedom Debt Relief team is here for you every step of the way throughout your debt-free journey and any time you have questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact client services, simply call (800) 655-6303 or email support@freeodmdebtrelief.com.Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I am having an extreme problem with my regular bills and these people really helped me by suspending my withdrawals for a few months which will really help a lot. They have been awesome I cannot say enough about them and thank them enough for their help, they have helped pull me out of a very bad situation.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We all understand that hardships happen, Denise and we're happy to lend a helping hand! We're so happy to learn that you're moving forward positively and we're looking forward to your success. Also, any time you have questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact client services at (800) 655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Thanks to Freedom Debt Relief; I now have 6 less credit card bills and to keep Freedom was able 2 build a savings so that when I need something I can pay cash and not charge it, avoiding interest charges.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We're delighted to know that you're able to create savings with our help, Charles! We're excited about your success and any time you have questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact client services at (800) 655-6303 or log onto www.fdrclient.com. Thank you for being a part of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

All personnel so far have been friendly, courteous and very helpful. When we call all our questions are answered in a timely manner. We have talked to one of the companies on our list and they wanted you to call them and I told them they had to call you. When I got off the phone with them and then called you and told you what I had told the company and was told I had done the right thing. I am glad we have you and hope the companies on our list will cooperate with you in full.

Freedom Debt Relief response

You absolutely did the right thing, Deborah! We're confident of the work we do and we're looking forward to your financial success. Please don't hesitate to reach out any time you have questions or need assistance, give us a call at or email. Thank you for being a part of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Talked about being sued, got National Lit. #. So I could send proper papers over to them! Talked me off the ledge and told me I am in the best hands. Debt sucks and especially when you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Freedom Debt Relief response

You're absolutely in good hands, Kelly. Every day you're a step closer to your brighter financial future and in the meantime, please don't hesitate to contact client services when you have questions or concerns, simply call (800) 655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I was a little apprehensive for a while and actually was going to cancel. But I received a call from your company reassuring me that I wouldn’t be sorry. So here I am as a member of your company. Since I am new I really don’t have much to tell.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We hope to give you the vote of confidence that you deserve, Christy. We're all looking forward to your success and please don't hesitate to contact us any time you have questions or need assistance, simply call or email us. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I am pleased, so far, with this process. I am kept up to date and anytime there is a settlement offer I am notified in a timely manner. I would recommend FDR to anyone with a large amount of debt, it's been, so far, a good experience.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We love to hear that you're happy with your program, Donna! We're all looking forward to your next milestone and in the meantime please don't hesitate to contact client services at (800) 655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com any time you have questions or need assistance with your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I couldn't have made a better decision than to have let Freedom Debt handle my debt. As I continue to do my part Freedom Debt most definitely do theirs. We fit like a hand in glove. Thanks for taking care of me and my DEBT.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We're proud to be on your side, Jones! We're always here to help and any time you have questions or need assistance, please feel free to contact client services at (800) 655-6303 or log onto www.fdrclient.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Everyone that I had contact with was very nice. If I had questions or concerns someone always got back me in a short period of time. I was sent notices thru my e-mail on anything that would come up and was very please they kept me informed.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We always want to keep our clients informed of their progress, Tina! Our client services team is always ready to answer any questions or concerns you have throughout your time with us and they're in-house seven days a week, simply call (800) 655-6303 or log onto www.fdrclient.com. Thank you for being a part of Freedom Debt Relief and we're looking forward to your future success!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

The only reason I haven't rated FDR a five is because I still have some debt that hasn't been settled as of yet. However, there is no doubt that they deserve a twenty five, judging what they've done for us, up to now. If anyone is in trouble with debt like I was, I recommend FDR.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Congratulations on your success so far, Chad! Every day you're a step closer to your debt-free future! We're looking forward to your last settlement and in the meantime, please feel free to reach out to client services at (800) 655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com any time you have questions or need assistance. Thank you for being a part of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Mr. Aaron ** walked me through the details of the program. However I can't find an order number??? on my account anywhere. Hope this helps. I can see how organized this program is. As well as it makes me feel positive about getting out of debt.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We consider ourselves lucky to have great agents like Aaron, Tammie! We're positive we can help you put your debt behind you and any time you have questions or need assistance, simply call (800) 655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I was a bit worried in the beginning when the collectors began calling and sending notices in the mail and with officers, but FDR was right there to explain the process and send me to the right department to handle it all. I got myself into this mess, but with their help and support we are making progress to dig me out of it, thanks for all you do.

Hello Carol,

Thank you for your incredible review! We're so glad to hear that we found a solution for you to eliminate those creditor calls. We work hard to fulfill all request in a timely matter and be there to support all our clients throughout their graduation path. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Have hard time getting into my dashboard. It will send a new password. I will enter that, it goes to screen that make a new password. I confirm it, the message I get says the I already have a account to e-mail and the ss number.

Hello Susan,

Thank you for sharing your review. We want to make sure you have access to the Client Dashboard because this is a very useful tool while enrolled in Freedom Debt Relief. Our highly trained team of client advocates would be happy to assist you with this! Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

This agent was so helpful! I need you to deferment due to unemployment! No shame, guilting, or judgment... Would call again if needed help! Agent encourage me to make extra payments when possible, good idea! Agent deserves a promotion or should be a job coach. :-)

Hello Rebecca,

Thank you for your honest review. We understand your financial experience and we are here to assist you in every way we can. We will continue to have your best interest in mind and we would love to see you supplement your account with additional funding to speed up your graduation. Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I was served papers on one of my accounts. I have called several times trying to get this account into a settlement. Everyone has been helpful except one individual that gave me bad information and in fact argued with me.

Hello Bernadine,

We appreciate your honest review. We want to extend an apology for the negative experience you have had with Freedom Debt Relief so far. We strive to provide all of our clients with exemplary service and we are glad to assist you with your legal account. We are confident you will see excellent results and we are excited to see you graduate. Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Freedom Debt Relief has been very helpful in working with me to be more financially secure and help get out from underneath mountain of debt that I have. It has made my life a little less stressful which has had a ripple effect in my non financial life.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We're always happy to lend a helping hand, Paul! We're pleased that you're getting the relief that you deserve and any time you have questions regarding your account, please don't hesitate to contact client services at (800) 655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for being a part of Freedom Debt Relief!

Freedom Debt Relief expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Freedom Debt Relief is a credit advocacy and debt resolution company that has resolved over $4 billion in debt for its clients. Freedom Debt Relief has over 900 highly-trained professionals at their company. Their individualized approach first reviews every customer’s personal situation to determine whether they are the best fit for the company. If the company can’t help the consumer, they refer them to a more suitable agency.

• No fees upfront: Freedom Debt Relief doesn't charge any fees until after they have resolved your debt.

• Training: Employees receive in-depth training and frequent quality assurance monitoring.

• Customer support: Customer support specialists are available online 24/7, and an online consumer portal to help clients stay informed and in control.

• Certifications: The company is a Platinum Member of the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA), a Charter Member of the American Fair Credit Council and accredited by BSI Management Systems.

• Services: Freedom Debt Relief offers options for debt management such as debt settlement, credit counseling, debt consolidation and additional methods of financial assistance.

• Bankruptcy: Freedom Debt Relief can help consumers work through their bankruptcy plans and options as well as manage their debts.

• Best for: consumers worried about bankruptcy, over-spenders and individuals with excessive credit card debt.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg