4.60/5
Based on 9,678 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

As the largest debt negotiator in the nation, Freedom Debt Relief (FDR) has helped hundreds of thousands of Americans significantly reduce the amount they owe and resolve their debts more quickly and affordably than many other options.

The company began in 2002 with a mission to provide a debt solution that puts consumers first. Therefore, the initial consultation FDR provides is focused on educating consumers about several debt options (not just their program).

By staying true to its mission, hiring the best professionals in the industry, and continually innovating their services, Freedom Debt Relief has grown to employ over 1,600 highly trained professionals and resolve debts for nearly 400,000 clients.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 25, 2018

12339 Freedom Debt Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 25, 2018

I found the information that Mike ** provided in reference to the Debt Relief Program very helpful and it convinced me that it was something that would be extremely beneficial to me. I was looking for a solution to my high unsecured debts and found that Freedom Debt Relief seems to be the best solution.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Consolidation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Was put at ease and everything was explained to me clearly. I did not feel like I was getting looked down upon for being in my situation and was made feel comfortable. Everything was explained to me thoroughly and with a friendly attitude.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Quick and easy! Michael ** is awesome! I am very happy I started the process. I look forward to getting out of debt. I feel calm and assured that I made the right choice. Now to put it into action. I am grateful to LendingTree for having this option!

Original review: May 24, 2018

Jacob ** was very informative about the whole process as to what to expect from the beginning to the end. I certainly hope that everything runs as smooth as he says it will. He seems to know what he’s talking about.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Ira left me a voicemail that made me very curious, simply because I didn't know how debt settlement worked. We spoke back and forth due to my work schedule, but he was incredibly patient. Not only was he professional and transparent, but he really understood my situation. I asked 1000 questions and he answered every one of them. Made me understand the program from the top down. Thanks so much Ira. I can't wait to start to see this work.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

Original review: May 24, 2018

I am relief to have one payment for my bills. I want to start over and get back on track. Credit is important and look forward to paying my debt in 4 yrs. It seems so quick, that it will start in June. I plan to add money to my payments. I will tell others about your program. Thanks.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I was nervous at first but as I begin to talk to the representative it made me feel more comfortable. I think this was the right path for me. She was very kind and professional. I Encourage anyone with debt issues to contact this company.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I must say, I was so delighted with the process from the very beginning. I couldn't have asked for it to have gone any better. Dominick ** is by far the absolute best! He worked diligently with me through every step of the way. He answered all my questions and concerns (+), he answered my emails & calls promptly. He is extremely knowledgeable of the company and the processes! Dominick made me feel comfortable and was non-judgmental of my situation. I just don't think I would have been open to another type of personality. He is very good at what he does. A wonderful asset to your company!

I have worried beyond belief about my credit issues for months. How I was going to fix this awful mess I was/am in. After working with Dominick, now I feel such a relief! I know this is a team process and there will be others I will value and appreciate in the future. I look forward to it. I'm excited to see that light at the end of the tunnel... cause with Freedom Debt Relief's help, it is now possible. There is another person I'd like to mention, her name is Jasmine **. Jasmine was extremely professional and pleasant. She was also very knowledgeable & helpful with her part of the process. Oh, and I love the client dashboard!!! Thank you all from the bottom of my heart! You've made this old lady very happy :).

Original review: May 23, 2018

Mike was very helpful, and very thorough. He was patient with me and took his time explaining all aspects, while answering any questions I had. He could not have been more professional. He made me feel very good about my decision, and I am excited to get out of debt.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Mike, made understanding and guiding me through process of debt resolution very easy. It is a big relief to have a professional service and staff help me through this difficult situation. If you're in debt and need help do yourself a huge favor and talk to the professionals at Freedom Financial.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I found this company thru an ad online and I am very happy with the process. Dorothy was really helpful and friendly. She explained everything very clearly. I am very satisfied with my consultation. I would definitely recommend this program to friends and family.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Your representative was extremely patient and knowledgeable in explaining the program and providing me with answers quickly to my many questions by email and telephone. I don't know what more to say, except I'm hoping I have made the right decision and this program works for me. I would recommend this program to a friend if asked. Thank you.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Great experience. Wendy was a big help. I feel relief at get my bills lowered. Thank you. I will recommend this to my family and friends. A great help to anyone who is in deep credit card debt. Thank you again Wendy for all your help.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I am so pleased with the professional treatment I received from Derek, my original contact. He put my concerns to rest, told me I was not a terrible person to be in this spot, and led me to believe there is hope for me to get out of debt. Thanks to the entire team.

Dear Justin,

We appreciate the positive review! Thank you for taking time to leave positive feedback for us! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com should you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I am so happy that I came across Freedom on Facebook... wish I had sooner. Logan ** is amazing! He guided me through this whole process... was there for me to answer any questions and for guidance. Very customer oriented. Made sure I understood everything... made me feel comfortable and at ease getting it set up. I can't say enough about him! I know I have made the right choice with Freedom and feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I will definitely recommend this service to anyone needing debt relief. Thank you!!!! And thank you Logan for everything!!

Dear Tracie,

Thank you for your great review! We appreciate your comments and look forward to successfully assisting you through the remainder of your debt relief program! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com should you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Glad I found this company. Looking forward to getting back on track and out of debt. Everyone was very helpful in guiding thru the process. They were very professional and took the time to help me. Jeff ** was the best.

Hello Steve,

Thank you so much! We are thrilled to receive your 5-star review and we look forward to helping you reach your goals of financial freedom! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com should you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Sabrina was very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly and did a great job of explaining each of our options and also the pros and cons of those options. Answered each question we had quickly which showed she has much experience. Would definitely recommend to a friend.

Dear Henry,

Original review: May 21, 2018

I'm thankful to Christopher ** for his reassurances that I'm making the right decision, for his thorough explanations, and for his patience and kindness. I'm hoping this is the right decision for my circumstances, and I'm thankful for an option that gives me hope. I do think the Welcome Department needs to be better informed/trained so they can answer your questions and not leave you feeling hesitant about going forward.

Hello Diane,

Thank you for the helpful feedback regarding your debt relief program! We strive to provide excellence to all of our clients! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Daniel was very helpful in getting me all the information I needed to make the decision to help me resolve my debt problem. I was a little hesitant, but he reassured me that I was doing the right thing and everything will work out great for me in the end.

Hello Lynda,

Thank you for your positive review! We look forward to your continued success with Freedom Debt Relief! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com with any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Danielle was a great help and very informative. I appreciate her letting me know all my options before I made a final decision. Also, she explained all information in great detail giving me an understanding of the different options I have.

Hello Julia,

Original review: May 21, 2018

Ira ** was the gentleman that spoke with me. He was very good on explaining the whole process with me. He made it easy to understand and was very professional with me. I would easily recommend your company to my friends.

Hello Meghan,

Original review: May 21, 2018

My representative Dan ** was very helpful and willing to listen to my situation. He took the time to call me right away. He had a very soft spoken voice and that made me feel less stressed. Dan explained the process and went over the program. I am very relieved to be accepted and to be debt free again. Thank you.

Dear Tina,

Original review: May 20, 2018

I had an excellent experience learning about the benefits of your program. Mr. Jaremy ** educated me about what you have to offer. He was patient, articulate, and took time for all of my questions. Ultimately, your program meets my needs! Thank you.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I want to thank Donna for contacting me and explaining how your program works. I hope to be debt free within 3-4 years and stay that way. The staff here was all friendly and helpful. Bless you all. Thank you again.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 20, 2018

The write-off from the Sears account which was taken over by Portfolio Recovery Associates was not agreed to after initial review. I am very upset because the PRA continued to add fees after I was enrolled in the program and I am still paying the collection agency more than the original amount due.

Hello Raymond,

We're sorry to hear you're not satisfied with the settlement we obtained on your account. We would be happy to review your account with you and explain the details and reasoning behind a settlement. Please let us know if you prefer phone or email communication.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Kari is very knowledgeable and pleasant to talk to. I really appreciated her patience and willingness to help me in whatever way was needed. She made things easy and clear to understand how this would work. It's great to have a payment plan and how long this could take. Thank you.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I can’t thank Jose ** enough for all his help through this process. He was great with explaining every detail of the program and also able to answer and questions that I had to make me feel comfortable about the decision that I made to better my financial future.

Hello Patricia,

Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: May 19, 2018

Daniel ** your representative was extremely thorough, patient and courteous. He explained the program and worked hard to work in my time frame. I would recommend this program to others. I cannot wait to be debt free and move on to having better credit in the future. Thank you for this opportunity.

Dear Judith,

Original review: May 18, 2018

When I was completely over my head this girl (Laura) let me cry to her and explain how I got In this situation! Helped me and was sweet and compassionate! She explained everything and followed through with emails promptly and returned my phone calls within minutes!

Dear Melissa,

Original review: May 18, 2018

I highly recommend anyone wishing to reduce and eliminate their total debt in a reasonable time frame to take advantage of the plan. I'm very pleased with the personal touch your agent (Shaun **) showed me and his due diligence on my behalf to make sure I received the correct plan for my needs. Thank you for this opportunity to finally get out of debt.

Hello Santos,

Freedom Debt Relief expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Freedom Debt Relief is a credit advocacy and debt resolution company that has resolved over $4 billion in debt for its clients. Freedom Debt Relief has over 900 highly-trained professionals at their company. Their individualized approach first reviews every customer’s personal situation to determine whether they are the best fit for the company. If the company can’t help the consumer, they refer them to a more suitable agency.

• No fees upfront: Freedom Debt Relief doesn't charge any fees until after they have resolved your debt.

• Training: Employees receive in-depth training and frequent quality assurance monitoring.

• Customer support: Customer support specialists are available online 24/7, and an online consumer portal to help clients stay informed and in control.

• Certifications: The company is a Platinum Member of the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA), a Charter Member of the American Fair Credit Council and accredited by BSI Management Systems.

• Services: Freedom Debt Relief offers options for debt management such as debt settlement, credit counseling, debt consolidation and additional methods of financial assistance.

• Bankruptcy: Freedom Debt Relief can help consumers work through their bankruptcy plans and options as well as manage their debts.

• Best for: consumers worried about bankruptcy, over-spenders and individuals with excessive credit card debt.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg