Call toll free
4.65/5
    2095
Based on 2,475 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

As the largest debt negotiator in the nation, Freedom Debt Relief has resolved over $9 billion in consumer debt. Through their proven debt relief program, they have helped hundreds of thousands of Americans significantly reduce the amount they owe and resolve their debts more quickly and affordably than other options like debt consolidation loans.

The company began in 2002 with a mission to provide a debt solution that puts consumers first. Therefore, the initial consultation FDR provides is focused on educating consumers about several debt options (not just their program).

By staying true to its mission, hiring the best professionals in the industry, and continually innovating their services, Freedom Debt Relief has grown to employ over 2,000 highly trained professionals and enrolled over 615,000 clients.

Freedom Debt Relief Video
View More View More

13328 Freedom Debt Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I am very pleased with the service I have received so far. FDR has been very good helping me to resolve my debt. I have already recommended other friends to contact FDR for debt resolution help as well. I have been very pleased with the service of FDR.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you so much for the amazing review, Tammy! We appreciate you recommending our program to others as well. Congratulations on the amount of progress you've already made! You are well on your way to becoming debt free. As you progress towards graduation, please know we are here to support you every step of the way. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief as a guide to your debt-free future!

Get expert buying tips about Debt Consolidation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I have had a good experience with FDR. My questions have been answered appropriately and have spoken with some very pleasant staff. Thanks to your staff for handling my debt issues and making my life soon to be debt free!!!

Freedom Debt Relief response

We cannot thank you enough for your amazing review, Brenda! It is so rewarding to know we have been able to address and answer all of your questions and concerns. Congratulations on all the progress you've made so far! You are well on your way to becoming debt free. As you progress towards graduation, please continue to reach out to client services for immediate assistance. Keep up the awesome work, Brenda! Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief as a guide to your debt-free future!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

As a member of FDR for over a year now, I have to say this was a seamless course of FDR arranging a monthly deposits into a savings account, while they worked with creditors to lower my obligation. I am now just a month away from credit debt. I was treated more like a patient as they worked to heal what was an embarrassing situation I had got myself into. Thank you FDR.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We are glad to know you find ease in using our service and being enrolled in our program. Please do not be embarrassed about your circumstances. Our debt consultants speak with clients everyday who are faced with a death of a loved one, job loss, divorce and many other life-altering situations that tends to create a surmountable amount of debt. Congratulations to you on taking the first step to becoming debt free. You are well on your way! Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief as your guide.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I am very pleased with the efforts of Freedom Debt Relief to resolve my credit card debts. They have been very professional, informative, and helpful with any concerns or questions that I may have. I would and have recommended their services to others.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for recommending our services to fellow consumers, James. We would also like to congratulate you on the amazing job you've done so far! You are well on your way to becoming debt-free and we could not be happier for you. As you progress towards graduation, please continue to contact client services at (800)655-6303 with your questions and/or concerns. Keep up the amazing work! Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief as a guide to your debt-free future!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

My debt situation felt like a noose around my neck. FDR has helped relieve the pressure and I am forever grateful!!! I am early on in the process but I already have one debt completely paid off and another will be gone this month. It’s pretty amazing.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your amazing review, Claudia! Congratulations on the progress you've already made in our program. It is rewarding to know our service was able to provide you with peace of mind. As you progress towards your debt-free future, remember client services is here to support you all the way. Always feel free to contact us at (800)655-6303 with any questions and/or concerns regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief. Keep up the awesome work!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I have been contacting Freedom by mail and over the phone to request the deletion of JC Penney account which was entered twice and therefore my balance was higher. Nobody helped me. The only person who solved my problem was the Agent on Thursday Nov.7 2018. I don't remember her name.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for your honest feedback, Ms. Leon. We terribly apologize for the fact that it took multiple requests to resolve your concern. In reviewing your account, we can confirm the advocate was able to assist you. If you have any other questions or concerns, always feel free to reach out to our client services team for immediate assistance. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief. Again, we appreciate your honest feedback.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I am satisfied somewhat with my credit card debt relief, however I still get calls from collectors and credit card companies annoying me about making payments. I know this procedure takes time, but the credit card companies are not patient at all with me.

Hello Melvin,

We greatly appreciate your feedback. We love having you apart of Freedom Debt Relief because we are excited to provide you with financial freedom! Have you tried changing your contact information with your creditors to Freedom Debt Relief's address and phone number? This can eliminate some of the creditor calls you are receiving. We typically negotiate within 4-6 months of you being enrolled in the program and when we receive agreements with your creditors, this will also slow down the calls. We are very confident you will see phenomenal results throughout the program and you are definitely on your way to becoming debt free! Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Donna was amazing! She was upfront and honest about everything and had answers to all of my questions. I actually think I would like this woman in real life. She seems very sweet and sincere and nonjudgmental. Loved her. I also liked that she didn't make me feel dumb about any of the questions I had. So, thanks again Donna! I hope your boss sees this review. Thanks again!

Hello Darcea,

We greatly appreciate your wonderful feedback. We are happy to answer any questions or concerns you have about our program and we will continue to assist you in every way we can. We care about you at Freedom Debt Relief and we are so glad to hear about your fantastic experience with Donna! Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

New to the program, I'm just getting started. But so far it's going well everyone I spoke to was very understanding. There are a lot of tools I can use. Looking forward to being debt free. Thank you for all your support.

Hello Theresa,

Thank you very much for your positive response. We love having you enrolled in Freedom Debt Relief and we are very excited to provide you with excellent results. We are so glad to hear our program was explained thoroughly and we are very confident you will become debt free soon! Keep up the outstanding work. Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I called to understand what the next steps are should I accept the debt resolution that I received a text about. The person on the phone was amazing - answered all my questions. I am just so excited and relieved and appreciate this program and the folks who I have talked with from time to time so much. Thank you for making a really scary situation into an empowering one. Just, thank you so much.

Hello Elizabeth,

Thank you very much for your outstanding response. We are thrilled to have you apart of Freedom Debt Relief and we want to congratulate you on starting your journey to becoming debt free! We will continue to provide you with fantastic customer service and professionalism because you deserve the best! We are very excited to see you graduate and see fantastic results! Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Am already told all my friends about the Freedom great service. And am so appreciate when they answer my phone call. And to solve my banks account problems, so am still wondering about my scores, if I want to get a loan for house or any projects.

Hello Hadeel,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback. We are so glad to have you apart of Freedom Debt Relief because we have your best interest in mind! We are happy to take control of your accounts and resolve your debt. We are very confident you will see outstanding results and an increase in your credit score throughout the program. Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Very helpful and easy so far. Everything was explained well. I received electronic copies as well as copies in the mail. It took a short amount of time to set things up. I have also had plenty of follow-up contact as well.

Hello James,

We greatly appreciate your review. We are so glad to hear our program has been easy and efficient for you thus far. We do our best to explain our program very thoroughly because we want you to know every detail about your debt resolution option. We have your best interest in mind and we will continue to demonstrate outstanding customer service. Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I wanted to know why FDR emailed me to ask if everything was ok with me. I wondered if any of my information was comprised or something. The associate was very helpful and patient with all my concerns and questions.

Hello Martha,

We thank you for posting your review. At Freedom Debt Relief, we want to make sure you are comfortable with your debt resolution option and we will continue to send you important communications any time we have new information with your accounts. We are happy to answer any questions or concerns you have and we will continue to provide you with outstanding customer service. Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I think Freedom is doing a good job. Thank you. I would recommend this to a friend to Freedom. It will take about 3 years to pay all but it's worth it. When I called customer service they are so friendly and helpful. Thank You.

Hello John,

We are very pleased to see your review! We absolutely love having you enrolled in Freedom Debt Relief and we will continue to assist you in every way we can. We are here to negotiate and resolve all of your accounts and we are very confident you will become debt free soon. We also would love to see you recommend our program to your friends and family. Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I know what you are thinking. Well I will stop you ahead of time, they are for real and they do get rid of your debt by negotiating which most of us do not have the time or just don't want to deal with it. We got into this situation by me getting injured at work and my husband getting Stage 3 Colon Cancer which we cured by not eating a lot of things we really don't need. Well we are off to a start getting rid of our debt and being able to breathe better and sleep better. Every time we have to approve a bill it is at least 40% off the original. Thanks.

Hello Maryann,

This is amazing feedback! We are so proud to have you apart of Freedom Debt Relief so we can give you the peace of mind you deserve. We want to take that extra weight off your back and lead you towards becoming debt free! The light at the end of the tunnel is coming soon and we are very excited to see your accomplishments. Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

So far, in 2 years, I'll have 3 accounts paid off. There isn't any way I could have done this myself. I'll be debt free by my early 50s. It's completely awesome! So far, I have no complaints. I'll be there before I know it.

Hello Tony,

This is fantastic! We congratulate you on your success thus far and we are so glad to assist you in resolving your debt. We are confident you will continue to see phenomenal results and you have a very bright future ahead of you! Keep up the great work! Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Great customer service! Excellent Experience! Customer Service helped me and my Wife very much setting up our account. Looking forward for a debt free future! I would recommend this to anybody looking for a debt free solution. Great people and I look forward to speaking with them once settlements have been made.

Hello Jeprhaim,

We greatly appreciate your wonderful feedback. We strive for outstanding customer service and professionalism and we are very glad to demonstrate this to you thus far. We have your back through your graduation and we would love to have you recommend our program to your family and friends. Success is coming soon! Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

My experience with your representative so far has been stellar!!! He is always available to answer any questions or concerns. He has given me really helpful advice. I TRUST him. I would recommend Freedom Debt to anyone and everyone. I am now looking forward to a brighter future!

Freedom Debt Relief response

We consider ourselves lucky to have wonderful agents that take great care of you, Sharon! Don't forget that the Freedom Debt Relief team is here for you every step of the way and we have a world-class client services team in-house seven days a week to answer any questions or concerns. They can be reached at (800) 655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for being a part of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Was very pleased with the information as well as the manner of Andrew **. He was very helpful, not only with the primary reason of my call but for the help with information on a subsidiary of FDR. Would be very happy if he was to be the one I had to speak with in the future when/if the need arise!

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate your positive review, Joe! We're lucky to have wonderful agents like Andrew, who took great care in answering your questions and concerns. We will pass along the kudos! Please continue to reach out to our client services team when you have questions or need assistance and thank you for being a part of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I am new to the program but so far I am very satisfied. The welcome call was extremely helpful in getting started and the Dashboard is a great tool for keeping up with your account. I’m glad I chose Freedom.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Welcome to Freedom Debt Relief, Diane! We're delighted to hear that you're enjoying the on-boarding process of the program! We're excited to start resolving your debt and any time you have questions, please reach out to our client services team at (800) 655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Very friendly and always helpful when I call. They actually took my stress away. They did not make me feel stupid for my debt problem but made me feel I was not alone. My debt problem has made me feel like I cannot breathe. They took a big weight off of me and for the first time in years I feel like I can breathe.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We're happy that you're feeling the financial relief you deserve, Gina! We're proud to be on your side to help guide you to a brighter financial future! Please continue to reach out to client services any time you have questions or need assistance, client services can be reached at (800) 655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for being a part of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

After receiving a Summons I called Freedom customer service and was quickly advised and provided numbers to call and people to contact for help. It was fast, convenient and easy to do. I had the option of faxing or emailing all necessary documents and the use of a copier was all that was needed. Thank You.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We're very happy that you received prompt assistance with your summons, Todd! Whenever you have questions regarding your account, please reach out to our client services team and a specialist will be happy to help you, just call (800) 655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Very professional and handled my request with no problem. Representative was knowledgeable and resolved my request in a timely manner. Pleasant voice over the phone and felt comfortable talking with representative, thanks for your professional staff. Keep up the good work and for being available to answer our questions and help resolve our issues.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for recognizing our wonderful client services team, Alice! Customer service excellence is one of our top priorities and we're delighted that you had an exceptional experience with our team. Please continue to reach out any time you have questions or need assistance and thank you for being a part of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

It needs time but they deliver what they promise, you just have to follow their guidelines. They help me a lot, without them I would still be in over my head. I would strongly recommended them to anyone. If you think about it just do it.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for your great review, Theologos! We work hard to meet expectations like yours and we're glad that we hit the mark! Congratulations on your success so far and any time you have questions regarding your account, please reach out to client services at (800) 655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com.Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I could not be happier with the help that FDR is giving me. I am not stressed out from worrying about paying my bills every month. Thank you so much Freedom Debt Relief that I am able to have some extra money each month. It has helped me out so much. The people on the phone are also so nice and explains something to me if I don't understand.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We love to hear that you're back on track financially, Shirley! We're honored to be on your side to resolve your debt and we're looking forward to your continued success! Any time you have questions, please reach out to our client services team at (800) 655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for being a part of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

The customer service has been great with me throughout my process and when I need assistance. All of my transactions have been smooth and easy. I haven't had to worry about a thing as Freedom has done everything for me. I appreciate the help and the payoffs that have happened. My credit has been hit hard because of a divorce and after getting through that, I am confident I will be able to build my credit back up to where it needs to be so I can get on with my new life. :) Thank you FDR.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate your great review, Kimberly! We thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief to be your partner on your debt-free journey. We're proud of your success thus far and we're all looking forward to your brighter financial future! Don't forget, the Freedom Debt Relief team is here for you every step of the way and our client services is in-house seven days a week to answer your questions or concerns. Feel free to give them a call at (800) 655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for being a part of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

On addition to already being in debt, then my husband was put on disability. We couldn’t make my payments to FDR. I called, nervously, and spoke with a service representative, and offered a reduced payment for the next 2 months until my husband went back to work. He suggested 3 months so we could get back on our feet. I was so ashamed to call. But the gentleman I spoke with was kind, understanding, and came up with a better plan which fit our financial situation. I am so thankful.

Hello Alecia,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We are so glad to have you enrolled in Freedom Debt Relief because we are here to give you the peace of mind you deserve. We will do our best to assist you in every way we can because we understand your financial hardship. We will always provide you with outstanding customer service because we want you to feel comfortable with your debt resolution option! We also have your back throughout your debt free journey and we are very excited to see you become debt free! Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Every time I call with a question they are so helpful and they calm me when I’m feeling a little nervous about the calls I’m getting. I feel secure in how they are helping me to be free of my credit cards.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We're very glad that you're getting the peace of mind you deserve, Josefina! We take pride in having a world-class client services team and we're very pleased that you're reaching out any time you have questions. Please continue to reach out to client services any time you need assistance by calling (800) 655-6303 or log onto your client dashboard at www.fdrclient.com.Thank you for being a part of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Don ** was absolutely professional and extremely helpful in my experience with Freedom Debt Relief. He gave me all the information I needed as well as answered all questions that I had. I would definitely recommend Freedom debt relief to someone else in the future.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you very much for your review, Antonio! We love to hear that Don took great care in answering your questions and set you up for success! We also have a world-class client services team ready to answer any questions or concerns, they can be reached at (800) 655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for being a part of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Well treated over the phone with people that I talked to. They all answered my questions with their knowledge of what was to happen and when it would happen. When calling Freedom I got answers right away. There was no hesitation. Questions were answered with quickness and able to understand.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your positive experiences with us, Richard. We stride to provide each and every one of our clients with world-class customer service. We would like to take this time to welcome you to Freedom Debt Relief! Please know as you progress towards a debt-free future, client services is here to support you along the way. You also have 24/7 access to your account information by logging onto your client dashboard at www.fdrclient.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Freedom Debt Relief expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Freedom Debt Relief is a credit advocacy and debt resolution company that has resolved over $4 billion in debt for its clients. Freedom Debt Relief has over 900 highly-trained professionals at their company. Their individualized approach first reviews every customer’s personal situation to determine whether they are the best fit for the company. If the company can’t help the consumer, they refer them to a more suitable agency.

• No fees upfront: Freedom Debt Relief doesn't charge any fees until after they have resolved your debt.

• Training: Employees receive in-depth training and frequent quality assurance monitoring.

• Customer support: Customer support specialists are available online 24/7, and an online consumer portal to help clients stay informed and in control.

• Certifications: The company is a Platinum Member of the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA), a Charter Member of the American Fair Credit Council and accredited by BSI Management Systems.

• Services: Freedom Debt Relief offers options for debt management such as debt settlement, credit counseling, debt consolidation and additional methods of financial assistance.

• Bankruptcy: Freedom Debt Relief can help consumers work through their bankruptcy plans and options as well as manage their debts.

• Best for: consumers worried about bankruptcy, over-spenders and individuals with excessive credit card debt.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg