Call toll free
4.53/5
Based on 2,740 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

As the largest debt negotiator in the nation, Freedom Debt Relief has resolved over $10 billion in consumer debt. Through their proven debt relief program, they have helped hundreds of thousands of Americans significantly reduce the amount they owe and resolve their debts more quickly and affordably than other options like debt consolidation loans.

The company began in 2002 with a mission to provide a debt solution that puts consumers first. Therefore, the initial consultation FDR provides is focused on educating consumers about several debt options (not just their program).

By staying true to its mission, hiring the best professionals in the industry, and continually innovating their services, Freedom Debt Relief has grown to employ over 2,000 highly trained professionals and enrolled over 615,000 clients.

Freedom Debt Relief Video
View More View More

14899 Freedom Debt Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 17, 2019

The main thing I have experienced here is communication. I am in the know about what is going on every step of the way! I can now start to see light at the end of my tunnel. I highly recommend this company to all.

Hello Carmen,

We are so happy to hear about your positive experience with Freedom Debt Relief! We enjoy having you in the program and assisting you in becoming debt free. Please reach out to our Client Services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Get expert buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Easily explain what will happen with your debt balances. Eager to assist you with any concerns you may have. Know the process very well. Tell you upfront what can happen if you do not notify them right away of an account going into collections. Good service...

Freedom Debt Relief response

First, we would like to thank you for your outstanding review, Julie! We hope to continue to fulfill your requests and settle your accounts in a timely manner. We value each and every individual client and we are happy to assist you in becoming debt free. Please reach out to our Client Services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: April 17, 2019

I highly recommend Freedom Debt Relief. They explained how it was all going to work. Kept me updated on everything. They got the ball rolling and my first settlement came in quickly. What a relief it is knowing I am on the right step on becoming debt free.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We cannot thank you enough for recommending Freedom Debt Relief, Monique! It brings excitement to us to hear that you are seeing outstanding results with your accounts and you are reaching one step closer to financial freedom! Please reach out to our Client Services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: April 17, 2019

Tania has been great to work with, making it easy and smooth as far as getting started with the program. Shortly after starting the program a negotiation was made with one of my accounts. Looking forward to getting all my accounts on the same page and debt free. Thank you and and special shout out to Tania who again has been awesome.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you, Andrew, for the incredible feedback you have provided for your debt consultant! We truly care about our clients and we work hard to build a relationship with them so they can be as comfortable as possible while in the program. We are excited to see you complete the program successfully! Please reach out to our Client Services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: April 17, 2019

This is a great company to have working with you and for you. The customer service is prompt to getting what you need and answering any questions that you may have. I am so glad that I have tried this company and I love it.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Marcia, we are so happy to receive your positive review and rating! We work hard to provide all of our clients with a great experience from all aspects of the program and are pleased to hear you couldn’t be happier! Please reach out to our Client Services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

Original review: April 17, 2019

I came on board back in July of 2018 with over $27,000 in debt. I knew it would take some time to build my account to where they would be able to start paying my creditors and that was the hardest because I had always paid my bills on time and with more than the minimum balance. However, I found myself abusing my credit cards and need to get rid of the debt to have peace of mind.

I am happy to say that as of this writing, 1 of my 7 accounts has been paid off and 3 others are being paid off. I have 3 more in they are working on. I was thrilled with that first paid account. I knew I was doing the right thing. Now with 3 more being paid on, I am excited. I know it will take several months to get them paid off, but I know it will happen and I am pleased with the results of the agreements. I introduced my sister to the program and she is having the same results. I would recommend this program to anyone who wants to get out of debt. It takes time, but it is truly worth it.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Evelyn, we are over the moon to receive such stunning feedback about your success thus far with the program! You're off to a strong start and a step closer to becoming debt free! Please reach out to our Client Services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: April 17, 2019

The rep was extremely helpful and very friendly when I called to request a letter of Good Standing from FDR. I was also impressed by how quickly I received the email from the rep regarding this matter. Thank you all for being in my corner during this very trying experience.

Freedom Debt Relief response

It is absolutely our pleasure, Susan, to guide you on your journey to becoming debt free! Thank you for recognizing the amazing service provided by our advocate in Client Services. We will be sure to share the good word with her as well! Please continue to contact our Client Services team at (800)655-6303 or via email at support@freedomdebtrelief.com anytime you need assistance. Thank you for being the best part of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: April 17, 2019

They were very helpful and breaking out down to you on how it work, how they’re able to save you from spending thousands of dollars into credit card interest. I start making my first payment soon of this month. I would recommend this to anyone else trying to get out of debt.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for your compliments regarding our Client Services team, Mr. Ramos. Our highly talented and skillful advocates enjoy educating our clients on how to establish better financial habits for brighter financial futures. We are glad to hear we were successfully able to explain our process to you in a way that made sense. Remember, if you ever have any questions about your account, Client Services is just a phone call, email or chat away. You can also view your account details by logging onto your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief. Now, let's get you debt free!

Original review: April 17, 2019

Freedom Debt Relief was real easy to work with. You can get in touch very easily especially if you have questions. I recommend y'all to anyone. When others turn you down get in touch with them. They will work with you and work quickly. So do not hesitate to acquire their assistance.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you so much, Wanda! We appreciate the fact that you recommend our service to others and we appreciate you sharing how simple it was for you to contact Client Services when assistance was needed. Please let us know how we can continue to support your debt-free journey. We appreciate the opportunity to service your financial needs. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: April 17, 2019

The only account for resolve is First Bank. One collected company call me and offer 60 percent less to resolve the case. I sent to you the information and waiting for your respond. If you need the information again call me at ** and I bring to you.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for your feedback, Jesus. We would first like to congratulate you on the amazing progress you've made in our program. You should be very proud of yourself for coming this far and having only a single account balance left to negotiate. Wonderful job! We also appreciate you providing the settlement offer letter you received. This will aide our negotiators in obtaining the best settlement possible on your behalf. Feel free to contact our Client Services team at (800)655-6303 or via email at support@freedomdebtrelief.com with any questions about your account. Remember, we are available 7 days a week to support your debt-free journey. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Like most, I guess I was a little antsy to get a settlement done. I understand the process, and money has to be in dedicated account for negotiation to take place, but patience is not my strong point. Well, once I had build up my dedicated account to a usable amount, everything think went smooth and easy. I have made my first settlement and am fired up to do more!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Congratulations, Kirney! You should be very proud to have obtained your first settlement. Our process does not work overnight and it certainly does require the patience of our clients. But it does work! We are so excited that you are beginning to recognize the benefits of enrolling into our program. As you continue your debt-free journey, always let us know how we can continue to support you. Our Client Services team is available 7 days a week and can be reached by calling (800)655-6303 or via email at support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief. Here's to more successful settlements!

Original review: April 17, 2019

I have experienced great results by partnering with FDR. I would have preferred my credit score to not go down but when you have a hardship such as we did and still do, FDR was and are still there. Thank you!

Freedom Debt Relief response

We've enjoyed teaming up with you as well, Kim. We're very glad to hear you feel well-supported in our program. We also understand that the negative impact to your credit score can be daunting to see. However, remember that the negative impact is temporary. After the full settlement amount is paid to and processed by a creditor, they may report to credit reporting bureaus that your account is settled in full, settled, paid, paid by settlement, or settled for less than the full amount. You no longer owe on this account and the balance is zero. That debt is behind you and your credit report shows it.

We are here to support your every step on this journey. Please reach out to Client Services at (800)655-6303 or via email at support@freedomdebtrelief.com when assistance is needed. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief! Here's to your financial freedom.

Original review: April 17, 2019

FDR experience has been top touch from the beginning and throughout the process. Communications has been outstanding with respect to the program and the processes that are taking place day-to-day. Legal support is provided from partnered legal firm which is not offered by other debt companies. Negotiations have to date saved me over $10,000. The agent assigned has been exceptional in knowledge as well as customer service. I will recommend FDR to anyone struggling with the high interest credit card debt.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Amazing feedback, William. Thank you so much for sharing! We are thrilled to hear how pleased you are with our service. It's also wonderful to hear our skillful advocates in Client Services have been able to address all of your concerns. Congratulations on your savings with us as well! It is truly heart-warming to know our service has assisted you so greatly financially. We appreciate you for recommending our service to other consumers and we also appreciate the strong vote of confident. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief as a guide to your financial freedom.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I was not clear about the fee for service. I understand that I am paying for the legal service. I have been uninformed about one of my creditors has made an offer to resolved. I'm very happy about that. Waiting to see when I am able to take another creditor off.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Congratulations on your first settlement with us, Ms. Hudson! We are very excited to see you've already begin to make strides along your graduation path. However, we are a bit disappointed in the fact that you were not too clear about our settlement fees. Our goal is to be very transparent regarding our fees. We are glad that you have an understanding, however, we encourage you to contact Client Services with any other questions or concerns that come up. We are available 7 days a week and you can reach us by calling (800)655-6303 or via email at support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief to meet your financial goals.

Original review: April 17, 2019

FDR has been such a great help with all the loans that need to be paid back. You don’t have to worry about anything, they take care of it for you and help you through the process. Can’t thank them enough.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you, Lindsay, for your encouraging feedback and letting others the success of your program thus far! We look forward to settling your remaining debt and meeting your goal of officially being debt free. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: April 17, 2019

I am very pleased with the FDR program. It is hard at first, but if you stick with it, you will be successful. They keep you informed through each step. I highly recommend them. My only regret is that I removed two accounts from the program because of the delay in the negotiations. That was truly a mistake.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Just enrolled but FDR was very clear about the benefits of enrolling in their program because of my financial difficulties. They have helped 600k + people and have settled 10 billion in debt for there clients. #1 rated so I decided to trust the experts in this type of negotiation..

Freedom Debt Relief response

Welcome to Freedom Debt Relief, James! You made the right decision by trusting us to assist you with your debt and we are excited to continue to assist you in your journey of financial freedom! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: April 17, 2019

Everyone I have talked to has been very understanding and compassionate. I'm only in the program for 3 months and already have my first settlement. I'm sorry I didn't contact them sooner, would have had many less sleepless nights. I can't recommend them enough.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you so much for your great review, Mary! We look forward to continuing to assist you throughout your debt relief program. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: April 17, 2019

Every time I have had to call Freedom Debt Relief they are nothing short of awesome! The agents at Freedom Debt Relief always have an answer to any question I ask (even the really hard ones). I feel like I'm talking to a close friend or family member any time I call. Freedom Debt Relief has a great reputation and it is well deserved.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you, Jennifer, for your phenomenal feedback about our company! It fills our heart with joy to hear our clients say they are having an amazing experience with our program! We look forward to your continued success within the program. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: April 16, 2019

Freedom Debt has made me a lot relaxed, not afraid to answer my phone and they've taken so much stress away from me. I am forever thankful for them. My creditors have stopped calling threatening me with jail and threatening to call my family. I'm able to go to sleep at night.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Katherin, we're so happy to hear how much we have helped alleviate the stress you were experiencing. You're off to a strong start and a step closer to becoming debt free! Please reach out to our client services department if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: April 16, 2019

I have had very helpful and professional, assistance with my debts. This has been very stressful and with the help of very kind people it has been a relief knowing I found a company to trust. Freedom Debt Relief has been working very hard to do what they promise.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you, Julia, for your wonderful experience you have had with our company! Giving you that peace of mind that you're in good hands is what we want our clients to feel. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: April 16, 2019

Have not been with FDR very long and they have already settled two of my debts. Thank you FDR! It is working ♥. Soon I shall be debt free! And able to fully retire. Am so looking forward to the end of this journey and could not have done it without Freedom Debt Relief!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Linda, this is exciting news to hear your program has been successful thus far! We will continue to cheer you on as you reach your financial freedom! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: April 16, 2019

The decision to contact Freedom Debt Relief was almost too good to be true. I had a thought of all avenues to slim down my month obligations, just to make ends meet. Even considered reverse mortgage. I made a whole hearted decision to contact FDR. My Agent was so easy to talk to without feeling like a failure. She assured me that it happens to people and she pointed out how to get the problems under control. I am Grateful. I am just beginning, but I'm feeling confident in my decision to put my trust in Freedom Debt Relief.

Freedom Debt Relief response

First, we would like to congratulate you on being one step closer to financial freedom! Thank you. Jeanne, for trusting us and allowing us to help you on your path to financial freedom! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: April 16, 2019

Extremely happy with the decision to allow FDR to satisfy these debt for us! Appreciate the work they’ve done thus far.. again thank you! I can’t wait to recommend this service to friends and family... The staff at Freedom Relief are very professional and knowledgeable!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Neal, we couldn't be any happier than to hear how pleased you are with our company! We want all of our valued clients to share the same experience and service you have received. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: April 16, 2019

I have been very happy with this whole process, I was very nervous at first but each contact I have made has been positive and everyone is very professional and helpful. Mike ** my initial contact person helped me so much. Thank you!

Freedom Debt Relief response

This is fantastic, Melissa. We are overjoyed to hear of your experience thus far and we are very glad Mike further assisted you. The light at the end of the tunnel is coming soon! Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: April 16, 2019

After much debate at the end of last year we partnered with Freedom Debt Relief in Jan. 2019. Initial counsel from Stephanie helped us to make a decision about how are debts could be handled. The frustrating part to saying "Yes" was that we weren't behind on a single debt! The debt was only becoming a bigger roadblock and even the payments far beyond minimum weren't working. We signed on to the program with FDR and since funding began in early 2019 - we have a targeted negotiation settled and being disbursed. We are hard-working, honest people whom needing a helping hand and we have Freedom Debt Relief to thank for that! There is a lot of work yet to be done, but we remain firm and diligent in this course of action. Thank you FDR! I find it interesting the initials are synonymous with a very famous President. He did it right and so is Freedom Debt Relief!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you, Barry, for the excellent review you have provided for our company! We are grateful for the opportunity you have given us to assist you with your debt and helping you become financially free! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: April 16, 2019

One thing I love about Freedom Debt Relief is that every time I call I can always speak to someone who is able to answer my questions. I really love Customer Service. They are polite and courteous and professional and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend a friend.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you, Linda, for your incredible feedback and rating! We pride ourselves on not only assisting our clients in becoming debt free but also providing the best possible experience while doing so. We are pleased to hear you couldn’t be happier! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: April 16, 2019

I am very happy with Freedom for their help and honesty and especially their support. They always keep me informed and they're always there for me. I'm very happy to be their client. I'm happy I contacted them. I feel less stress from my debts because of them. So thank you.

Hello Katrina,

We're thrilled to hear you are satisfied with our company and all the wonderful excitement it had brought to you! We strive to provide world-class customer service to all clients. We look forward to continuing to assist you. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: April 16, 2019

Am so grateful for the help Freedom is given to me. I appreciate it so much. I will always recommend to all my family and friends. Is a excellent program. Very helpful. Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate. Is been a great months. I love the program and so happy that I find it at a hard time I was having.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate your feedback, Sugeiry. Freedom Debt Relief is very glad to assist you with your debt and we would greatly appreciate if you recommended our services to your friends and family. Keep up the great work, success is coming soon! Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: April 16, 2019

The overall experience has been great... Following what Freedom Debt Relief has recommend has been very easy... The staff has help with all my questions very effectively and in a timely manner. I would recommend this product to anyone that is needing a better way to get in front of the finances.....

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for posting your review. We are thrilled to hear of your positive experience with Freedom Debt Relief thus far and we will continue to answer any questions or concerns you have. We also would appreciate if you recommended our program to your friends and family. Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Freedom Debt Relief expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Freedom Debt Relief is a credit advocacy and debt resolution company that has resolved over $4 billion in debt for its clients. Freedom Debt Relief has over 900 highly-trained professionals at their company. Their individualized approach first reviews every customer’s personal situation to determine whether they are the best fit for the company. If the company can’t help the consumer, they refer them to a more suitable agency.

• No fees upfront: Freedom Debt Relief doesn't charge any fees until after they have resolved your debt.

• Training: Employees receive in-depth training and frequent quality assurance monitoring.

• Customer support: Customer support specialists are available online 24/7, and an online consumer portal to help clients stay informed and in control.

• Certifications: The company is a Platinum Member of the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA), a Charter Member of the American Fair Credit Council and accredited by BSI Management Systems.

• Services: Freedom Debt Relief offers options for debt management such as debt settlement, credit counseling, debt consolidation and additional methods of financial assistance.

• Bankruptcy: Freedom Debt Relief can help consumers work through their bankruptcy plans and options as well as manage their debts.

• Best for: consumers worried about bankruptcy, over-spenders and individuals with excessive credit card debt.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg