toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Freedom Debt Relief

Thank you very much for your positive rating! We are always glad to help people take what once was insurmountable debt and turn it into manageable settlements. We hope that the rest of your experience with us continues to be as positive.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

Freedom Debt Relief has been very helpful in advising how to get accounts closed, settled and paid. We can finally see an end to the mounting debt we had. We tried to make monthly payments but the amounts were hardly reduced. Now we can see reductions.

Freedom Debt Relief

Thank you very much for your positive rating! We're glad to hear that Mark was able to help provide the relief from the creditors. We look forward to continuing the best experience we can while you are enrolled in our program.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2016

I could not be happier than to have Freedom Debt Relief help me get out of a place where I did not think I had a chance of overcoming. I was amazed at how Mark ** was able to settle my debts at an amazing amount of time. I am so happy that all my creditors are going to get some money and I can answer my phone again without it being one of my credit card holders. I will be happy to tell my friends and family if they are in the same place I was to just contact Freedom Debt Relief and be confident that they will be helped to get their debts under control. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the help I was given. I can breathe again.

Freedom Debt Relief

Thank you very much for your positive rating! We strive to provide quality results as quickly as possible while maintaining the highest degree of service. We look forward to continuing the best experience we can while you are enrolled in our program.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

Working with FDR has been the best professional experience I've ever had. They are so customer service friendly! They negotiate super lightning fast! So Amazing, love it!

Freedom Debt Relief

Thank you very much for your positive rating! We are especially glad to hear that specific representatives were able to make such a significant positive impact as we pride ourselves on providing superior service. We look forward to continuing the best experience we can while you are enrolled in our program!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2016

Contacting FDR was the best decision I made towards becoming debt free. Everyone was very helpful. A million thanks to all of you. To mention a few: Fernando **, Brian **, Shirmonica ** (my negotiator), Stephen ** and those personnel who answered my questions concerning my account. You won my battle for me. Having you to deal with my creditors/debt collectors gave me peace of mind and saved me from depression and sleepless nights. You were there every step of the way, patiently and clearly explaining the process and what to expect next, etc. It was a leap of faith when I decided to enroll in the FDR program. I am super glad that I did. THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH.

Do not sign up with Freedom Debt Relief! Horrible company. You are better off dealing with the creditors yourself. I signed 4 accounts with them. I ended up taking care of 3 myself! I called Freedom Debt Relief to remove the accounts. OMG it took me about 2 months to get them removed and a phone call every day. I had to deal with rude and unprofessional staff. The last account left I deposited enough money to pay the last account off in a lump sum payment and to pay Freedom Debt Relief fees.

It's been 2 months and to this point they have not sent the lump sum payment to the account as I've requested. I'm so frustrated, I ended up calling the account I owe to please help me and call Freedom Debt Relief to request their payment, since I have the full amount to pay them off. Unfortunately they can't do anything, they were advice to call me and have me request a lump sum payment. Well WTF I've been requesting this for over 2 months!!! Again do not sIgn up with Freedom Debt Relief. It's a scam and they are no help at all! It's a nightmare!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

I am happy with this decision to go with this company. As uncomfortable I am that I just am having a tough time paying my bills... Freedom has given me some hope that I will get out of this mess. Thank you for your help.

None people found this review helpful

We landed in FDR's front door step due to a very frightful and disastrously financial series of events. Two heart failures along with two bouts of pneumonia. When we realized that we were almost broke we bought into FDR when a very sweet talking, and I'm certain she was well meaning, lady convinced us to enter the program. Now, we are at a standstill. At first the lies and deceit were treated as if they never happened. Now they don't even bother to acknowledge our existence. A Mr. ** promised to give us a bi-monthly (every two weeks) update of our account. Haven't heard from him for almost four weeks. He is in a line of unknown number of FDR reps who have slipped into oblivion without "helping" us as promised.

Our e-mails to him go unanswered. Forget about trying to talk to anyone that knows anything substantial. You will get frustrated at all the times they want to "verify" you are who you say you are. This is NO accountability for errors, omissions or gross deceit and lies. Yes, we have read all the glowing five star reviews. It almost seems like someone should be stoned for showing their shady side. Unfortunately, we know better.

We have also tried to get the American Fair Trade Council to look into the violations of the AFCC's own code of conduct. We forwarded over 30 e-mails to AFCC for review. Their take? "Oh, you sent so many e-mails." Yes, we did. To illustrate to AFCC that one of their members was in violation of their own code of conduct! AFCC seems to be non-customer committed. Upon calling one time we were told, "Oh, the lady that handles talking to customers is out of the country." Most times you get a recording saying, "Our hours are 9 to 5" even if you call repeatedly during their business hours. Forget about leaving a message. Apparently the "one" lady who talks to customers is more worried about her nails.

We won't want her to break one answering a customer! They claim to fame is that they are a "BIG" company. I know mom and pop operations that are run way more efficiently. Their canned e-mail that most customer complaints to them are "miscommunications." If you don't communicate how do you have a miscommunication? So I will make it easy for anyone who wants to hop on the Freedom Debt Relief wagon~ RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!! And yes, FDR, you have an A plus rating which you pay the BBB handsomely for~ now we know where some of our 21% goes. Maybe I'll die and go to heaven before we can shake this deceitful monkey off our backs. God help us all if we ever make another mistake of this magnitude. AMEN...

FDR has been, and continues to be, an extremely beneficial asset in paying off my debt. I never would have been able to do this on my own, and I was afraid that I would have to declare bankruptcy without their assistance. One debt is gone, only three more to go! Thanks FDR!

None people found this review helpful

Freedom Debt relief helped me out greatly!! I had a debt that would take many, many years to get out of. Not to mention the amount of excessive interest I saved by joining their program. Kudos for getting my credit cards settled and paid off. I would recommend highly to a friend this program. You have to be very stingy while on the program, but it pays off greatly once it's done! Thank you so much Freedom Debt Relief.

None people found this review helpful

I've read a lot of the negative reviews and my opinion is that they are because the writer doesn't understand the process. Freedom collects a certain amount of money each month and it goes into a bank account. Reductions in amounts due and payment agreements are negotiated with each debtor, usually the lowest amounts first (so those accounts are removed from credit report). I was extremely happy with the process and the customer service because I understood the process. I could see where my money was kept and where it was going. Because of circumstances I couldn't control (health), I couldn't honor my financial obligations. Freedom gave me an alternative to filing bankruptcy and I did I could do given my situation. While I know I didn't fully honor my commitments to my lenders, I did something and Freedom gave me a way to do that. I would recommend them to anyone facing similar circumstances to mine.

I'm not even such what company I am dealing with - I have never had worse communications than with this one. Also, they are much, much too slow in getting things done. I will be able to pay off this debt more easily without help from this company.

Freedom Debt Relief

We appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience in working with Freedom Debt Relief. We are committed to providing an excellent service experience and want to ensure our clients are completely satisfied when working through their requested debt settlement program.

Our Consolidation Plus loan officers work off of a list of clients the fit certain criteria for potential pre-approval for the Consolidation Plus loan program we offer. Unfortunately, this list cannot dive deep enough into finances and credit reporting to be completely foolproof. Having said that, we apologize for the disappointment caused by the denial. However, we look forward to providing the best experience that we can while you are enrolled in our program.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

After 6 mos with Freedom Debt Relief their partner company calls (Consolidated Plus) to try and get you to lock into a loan. However most people that are trying to avoid bankruptcy and enroll in a debt consolidation program do not have the income to qualify for loans or they would have applied for one to consolidate from the start. So Consolidated Plus tells you they can pay off all your creditors in 30 to 90 days all you have to do is apply. Then you apply they turn you down because your debt ratio is high and your income is low, hence the reason you joined Freedom Debt Relief in the first place. For the most part Freedom Debt Relief has paid off or is working on a few of my debts. Little leery of other reviews on here that say they will pay a few and then things go wrong after that. Joined with them to do the right thing, by still trying to pay most of my debt and avoid bankruptcy.

Freedom Debt Relief

Thank you very much for your positive rating! It is always good to see our program work as intended for a client. We look forward to smooth sailing for the rest of your program!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

FDR did an outstanding job of helping me reduce my debts. It only took 9 months to get all the payments arranged and reduced. Overall, FDR helped me save a little over 51% on my debt owed. It took patience at the beginning making sure to follow the directions they gave me, but in the end it all paid off. Now I just have to pay off the remaining debt, which will be much easier and quicker following the program they have set me up for. I will be debt free in 4 years, whereas, I would most likely not have been able to pay this off for 15-20 years.

I had a bad experience with Freedom Debt, they ask for a certain amount of money monthly and they only send one loan that I had two payments. I been with them for several months. Where did the rest of my money go? They are nothing but ripoffs. I was noticing something wasn't right. Beware!!!

Freedom Debt Relief

To this end, your recent interaction has been escalated and directly assigned by management to be handled by top representatives. We apologize for the repeated mishandling of your program so close to Graduation. Your program should now be complete. You can expect the Graduation documents in 5-7 business days. Thank you again for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

From the beginning my experience was a nightmare. Communication was dependent on whom you spoke to. The individuals who answer the phone frequently answer with incorrect information. Their most frequent response is "I'm sorry that happened to you." I frequently asked for supervisor to call me. Never got return call.

Their welcome letter saying they just got my application and would begin process came six months after I had sent their packet back to them. No explanation but "no idea how that happened." Bank withdrawals began two months before they gave me credit for. I could never get a correction to this or acknowledge that it happened. I sent a lump sum pay off in June 27, 2016. I was told that the negotiators would do a lump pay off with the money. They did not.

A call this morning 9/7/2016. I was told they needed more money. One more payment was needed to pay off my Nov, 2016. This was not correct even by the client website. The customer service kept saying sorry... She did go the extra mile and emailed me with corrected information. Unfortunately the negotiating team emails must go into cyberspace. I will not pay one more penny to Freedom Debt Relief. But I will not hold my breath. I am so thankful that my experience will be over by October 2016.

Freedom Debt Relief

We have sent a direct message to this customer so we can look into their concerns further and find a satisfactory resolution.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

On three separate occasions this company with payment prior to agreement date change payment date often, the is verbal never written as requested many many issues and they took over $1,000 a month for payment of settling a 2000 $3,000 debt that still is not settled.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

I sign up and the sales person was great. I call the Client Service number and the rep. was rude and advise me that they had a back log of 2 weeks. I canceled my contract, but they took over $300 from bank account within a matter of day. They told me the had to clear the payment before I get my money back. This took a week and when I follow up they said "We mailed you a check". Are you kidding me? Wow take my money direct out of my bank and you MAILED the check. Be careful with a company who can't pay what they owe in a timely fashion!! The customer service support is the worst. Be careful!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

I got in contact with Freedom Debt Relief in March of 2014. I had credit card debt with Bank of America due to an unforeseen illness for which I was hospitalized 3 times between 2012 and January of this year. Between the hospital bills, Dr bills, and other medical bills I was unable to pay my credit card debt because I had unfortunately already spent too much not expecting to become ill. My mistake! I was paying Freedom Debt monthly and called them frequently to see what had been done. Almost every time I called I was told (by a different person each time) that they were negotiating and I should expect a settlement very soon. That went on for 2 1/2 years. Now I am being sued by Bank of America and could lose my home.

I am a 58 year old disabled woman (I was born with Spina Bifida) and I am confined to a wheelchair. After I called Freedom Debt and told them I had been sued, they said they were no longer involved with my case and to call their lawyers. I called their lawyers and they told me I needed to look for a bankruptcy lawyer. Now I find out that I will need to pay $650 per month for five years. I get $587 disability a month. I have a small amount of money my mother left me when she passed away but nowhere near what I need so unless something changes I may lose my home. Thank you Freedom Debt Relief! :(

Original review: Sept. 5, 2016

I would like to say things have gone better but I am not impressed. I received a call about Synchrony Bank, I didn't agree with the settlement and wanted to discuss it with the women that left me the voice mail. She NEVER returned my calls. I called the regular support number they tried to patch me thru and that didn't work. Makes me feel good when no one cares to talk to a customer. Right now I would not recommend Freedom Debt Relief.

Freedom Debt Relief

Thank you very much for your positive rating! We are proud to provide relief and education when it comes to debt and credit. We are glad to have helped you so far and look forward to continuing in like fashion!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2016

So far so good. Seems that you've been upfront with all information and explained the process in a way that is easy to understand. We really needed help with our addiction to credit cards and you have shown us a responsible way in doing so.

Factual basis uncertain

Freedom Debt Relief

We appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience in working with Freedom Debt Relief. We apologize if there was any misunderstanding regarding how the program works . We urge you to utilize www.fdrclient.com as it has helpful tool in obtaining information regarding the logistics of the program.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2016

I went into this thinking that they were going to help me. Had I given this more thought I would of never allowed myself to get behind in my payment. This company talked me into letting my debt get behind in payment in order for them to help me. Mind you I wasn't behind in my payments - it was I had so many cards so I thought this would help. To my dismay, I find out that they take more then 80% percent of the payments, and pay less than 25% percent to my creditors. They convinced me that I couldn't get a better deal with the creditors had I done it myself. Now I have court summons for one of the creditors which Freedom want more money to even help me to resolve. To be honest you can do better. Don't pay them for what you can do, just call the creditor and explain your situation and they will help you and you won't have to pay 95% percent to someone that don't have your best interest in mind, just your money.

Well we will see how this plays out. For the record call your creditors cause no matter what as long as you're paying something and you make arrangement with them making sure they don't add any interest and pay your lowest cards off first you will be able to fix your credit. Don't be fooled and use Freedom Debt Relief. I'm stuck for now with little option, paying debt relief over $500 monthly and they only paying $50 monthly.

The payments that Freedom Debt Relief makes to my creditors, now and to the end of this settlement. Meanwhile I still have two creditor yet to be paid. Oh yeah let's not forget one of them is taking me to court for non-payment. What's sad is I just realize how much they were taking and how much they pay my creditors. When I spoke to them they made it seem like, I should be happy they are handling this for me and if I just give more money then they can do their job. Somehow this don't seem right. As you can see they have it all planned out to the end for this creditor and yet I still have two more which I have yet to see any result. One of which I have a court order for and Freedom Debt Relief will help if I increase my payment to them. Father God Show me a way to resolve this in JESUS' NAME. I am a child of the most high King Jesus.

Freedom Debt Relief

Original review: Sept. 1, 2016

I've been paying in to the settlements for years now. As of middle of August I had 1 payment left of $20, this was verified by the agent and sent to me in an e-mail. When the payment time came, FDR took out $175 which was the bi-monthly amount. I called the agency to try and fix the situation, I was promised that it was an oversight and it won't happen again. They also promised to refund the overdraft fee that my bank charged me. 2 weeks later the same thing happened, they took out $175. Again called the company and was assured that it will be handled properly and all the money, except the $20 I owe them will be refunded. Did anyone else have this experience? I'm at my wit's end!!!

Factual basis uncertain

Freedom Debt Relief

Original review: Aug. 31, 2016

I have been with FDR since Nov 2015, little did I know about the high cost of fees... They collected over 3500, paid off one debt for 1500 and took amount of 940 for settling acct and I got charged a monthly fee of 40 dollars for servicing acct, bank fees, phone fees. I am on a very limited budget, I got served a summons on another acct, but they tell me they cannot act to negotiate till I add more money to my acct, they do not act for you unless you infuse your acct with money above what you are paying monthly, now I have to deal with collection company. Do not use them, the cc companies, and their agents work better and actually you can pay off faster.

Freedom Debt Relief

Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

Last year we were sued twice. During that time, we were informed of the new legal services you provide for an addition $12. Over the phone, I signed up and filled out a form to increase our draft amount. On the recorded phone call, I asked and verified nothing else was needed. We just got sued again, it's been two and half weeks and nothing has been resolved. Furthermore, I'm being told that there was an additional form that was needed to complete enrollment (which I was never told about or sent) for the legal serviced.

I'm now being told I have to file an answer on my own which is $225 because your service agent didn't send me a required form even though I asked and confirmed that was it over the phone and that you might need more to settle, but the negotiator isn't leaving any updates or notes. Also, we received notices about this becoming a legal matter and worked on settlement for other accounts that weren't priority at the time. I am not happy about this problem or the fact that I'm continually being asked for more.

Freedom Debt Relief

Thank you very much for your positive rating! We hope to continue down the path of ease and trust as we work through resolving your debt together.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

This company has been good so far. I have no complaints and I feel at ease because Freedom Debt Relief helped me to believe that this is the best solution. So I am satisfied.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

I've been with Freedom Debt Relief for a year-and-a-half. They only have paid off one of my credit card. One in a year and a half. They don't tell you the truth up front. You pay all this money first and then they start paying off your debt. They will wheel you in by paying off one of your debt and then they pay themselves first before they pay off your other debt, buyer beware. Not satisfied customer.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Freedom Debt Relief

We have reached out to the client to immediately address his concerns and expect an immediate resolution shortly.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

I have been with FDR for a few months and as much as I appreciate the help. There is more hurt than anything. After switching my payment date confirmed by email and on my account they still proceeded to bill my account on the previous pay date. Thus sending me into multiple overdraft fees and a whole new headache. Now I'm not only behind on my FDR payments but my other bills as well. I haven't heard from my original advisor since I have started and am starting to lose faith in the program and thinking about handling it myself. I would have to say do this at your own risk.

Freedom Debt Relief

Thank you very much for your positive rating! We look forward to continuing the best experience we can while you are enrolled in our program. We are grateful for your patience through our process and thank you for giving us the chance to help. Please remember you can always call our Client Services at 800-655-6303 for any questions or concerns you might have.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2016

I have been working with FDR for about 8 months now and they have been able to negotiate 1 settlement so far of the 4 credit cards I had in the program. I know it will be about a 4 year process, but so far, I am happy with the results.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

I believe, you should be diligent to contact these printed law firms I send you. Please stay in contact. Banks and law attorneys, have no clue what achievements we have made and what your service is about. Please read and respond. You did not respond to my last request.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

I feel like Freedom Debt Relief is a very, very slow process and I have been in the program for 5 months now. I am actually thinking about leaving the program because they have only settled one account so far. I called to make changes to my contract and have not heard anything back from them (2 weeks).

Freedom Debt Relief Company Profile