4.55/5
  • 1 star
Based on 9,709 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

As the largest debt negotiator in the nation, Freedom Debt Relief (FDR) has helped hundreds of thousands of Americans significantly reduce the amount they owe and resolve their debts more quickly and affordably than many other options.

The company began in 2002 with a mission to provide a debt solution that puts consumers first. Therefore, the initial consultation FDR provides is focused on educating consumers about several debt options (not just their program).

By staying true to its mission, hiring the best professionals in the industry, and continually innovating their services, Freedom Debt Relief has grown to employ over 1,600 highly trained professionals and resolve debts for nearly 400,000 clients.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 20, 2018

11461 Freedom Debt Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I am very Grateful to Cory with all his help. Was not going to go through with this because of past experience with Debt relief but he reassured me that it was all going to work out. So I am trusting my debt to Freedom Debt Relief to make my life a lot easier.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I was very impressed with Brando's friendly attitude, professionalism, and let's get it done attitude. He was able to help me so much better that I dropped the previous company, who was supposed to help me but didn't fight for me at all... had plenty of excuses and I was unhappy with and becoming very frustrated with. He even gave me his opinion and advice on how to drop the other plan. So, far I'm very pleased. It's an amount you can afford and includes my largest payments. These which the other place said they couldn't work with. I only had one question I'm not sure of the answer. When is the initial $25 going to be withdrawn from my account. It only says it will be deducted. I'm sure I just need to rephrase and my question will be answered right away. Thank you so much!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Andre is a pleasure to work with. I had some high anxiety and he took his time to answer all of my questions and concerns. He never made me feel rushed. I’m eager to get the ball rolling and be free from debt entirely.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Since contacting FDR I am happy to say that I feel the burden of my debt lifting from my shoulders and am feeling more positive. This financial part of my life has gotten out of control and I need to get it back in control - this seems like a feasible plan. Thank you for your awesome help so far, Derek!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I thank Rhonda ** for everything she did with helping me get into the Freedom Debt program. She showed care and concern with me, it made me feel like I wasn't alone with my debt and that I had a company that would stand behind me and show me how I can get relief from my debt. Thank you Rhonda for all the hard work to accomplish my goal to be set free of my worries. Know it's time for me to take control of my bills.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I am very pleased with FDR. Many times I have called and received the utmost professional answers to my questions. Everyone is on the same page. I never get different information. They are firm with helping you become debt free. I rate them as a five star company. I am thankful I chose them.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Logan was wonderful and patient answering all my questions. I was very nervous about stopping my payments to my creditors, Logan helped me to understand the process and how my debt would be paid down. I'm confident that Freedom Debt Relief will be able to help me take care of these debts.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Received numerous unidentified texts with no name, no company ID, no return phone numbers, nothing to show they were legal or 'ok'. I thought they were 'phishing' until after a week they showed a return phone #. In the past, FDR seemed up & up, but I can't picture you resorting to this type of communication. The service I rec'd today was normal, good, actually very good. All of you folks are to be commended. You would be wise to change the way you could communicate by texting though. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Jennifer ** helped me every way possible and answered all the questions I had. She was very helpful and I appreciate the time she took to contact me and reply to help me with my debt relief. She talked through all the information, the monthly payments and how every point was going to help me in the near future.

Dear Ms. Gonzalez,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so glad to hear your Debt Consultant was able to provide an exceptional experience and we look forward to the rest of your program running smoothly. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Kareem was professional explaining everything patiently and even going back over something if I didn't quite get it at first. He was also very thorough on explaining all of the details. Kareem is very personable and I would recommend a friend. I look forward to having a resolution to my debt being lowered and at times hope to add a little more to pay off a little more quickly. I am glad to have this opportunity to feel that this goal towards debt free is attainable. Thanks.

Hello Ms. Pickett,

Thank you for your positive review! We look forward to your continued success with Freedom Debt Relief! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com with any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

My experience so far has been excellent and I am looking forward to becoming debt free in the next few years. The two people that I spoke to Mike and Margaret, were very knowledgeable and helpful in explaining the program and I feel very comfortable and confident that I made the right decision after consulting with them.

Hello Mr. Formes,

Thank you for the helpful feedback regarding your debt relief program! We strive to provide excellence to all of our clients! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I immediately was greeted with a kind voice who seemed genuinely interested in why I called. Bree had a concerned voice when speaking with me about my debt. I truly felt like she wanted to help me. Bree was patient which was appreciated because I had a lot of questions. When we began to wrap things up and I had finally made the decision to go through with the program... a smile came over my face and I honestly felt a sense of relief. A feeling of hope. It was tough thinking I wasn't gonna go through with some of the obligations I brought upon myself. Bree helped me understand the exact process and that if I kept doing things the way I was I would never get above water. I feel good about this. I will continue to have the hope. Thank you so very much.

Dear Ms. West,

Thank you for your great review! We appreciate your comments and look forward to successfully assisting you through the remainder of your debt relief program! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com should you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

This far my experience with Freedom Debt Relief has been very positive. My consultant Frank was very informative and provided me with great details how this program works. He was also extremely patient in answering all my questions and making sure I completely understood what the program detailed. I am hopeful that this program works for us and getting us on a better track. Thank you!

Dear Alexandrea,

We are very pleased to hear about your positive experience with our company! We strive to provide word class customer service to all clients. We look forward to continuing to assist you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

When I inquired about my account. The Associate presented once again the same vague and evasive answers to my questions I had initially asked a year ago. I'm suspecting that this organization is not operating above board and may need a legal inquiry conducted.

Dear Mr. Allen,

We are sorry to hear about the concerns you are having with the program and your account. We would like to work with you to resolve these concerns. Please let us know the best time that we may have someone reach out to you.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Very pleased and highly satisfied with Tyler how he handle my situation. He explain everything clearly and also for me to understand every details of this program. I am so glad to find some solutions of my debts that bother me for sometimes. Thanks a million.

Dear Sinivevela,

Thank you for your fantastic review! Our whole team, from enrollment to completion, works diligently to ensure you have the best possible experience. We are thrilled to hear about your phenomenal experience with getting debt free and look forward to continuing to assist you.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Robert was patient and understanding of my situation. He answered all of my questions and worked with me to get all of my accounts enrolled. I’m grateful for his help. Give him a promotion and raise!!! But let still be able to call him for help.

Dear Danielle,

We appreciate your feedback! We are also very happy to hear about your positive experience with your Debt Consultant, Robert. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Tony ** was exceptionally helpful. He answered all my questions, made sure I have all the point of contact information. Made me feel very comfortable in my decision in going through with debt consolidation. I will recommend Tony ** to anyone I know who is considering debt consolidation!

Dear Debra,

Thank you for your kind review! We greatly appreciate your referrals to friends and family who may be struggling with debt. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

The service was great. Information given was easy to understand. Customer service was great in giving out information and answering questions. This sounds like a great program to help me with my debt. I will recommend this program to others.

Hello James,

We appreciate your feedback! Our Client Services department strives to provide the utmost customer service to all of our clients and we are pleased to hear this has been your experience. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

FDR was a Godsend. The burden of debt can be crushing and living paycheck to paycheck just to pay off your credit cards is difficult. FDR helped me clear my debts and get back on my feet and refocused. They were extremely helpful throughout the whole process.

Hello Ms. Blackwell,

We appreciate your phenomenal review and we are so happy to hear about your experience with Freedom Debt Relief! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Helpful and informative staff. Explains the different programs well and easy to understand. I felt as if a large burden had been lifted off of my shoulders after speaking with Melissa. I look forward to working with Freedom to help alleviate my debt.

Dear Ms. Abbott,

We are pleased to hear about your success within our program. We work very hard to ensure our clients are able to receive not only debt relief, but also stress relief, as we want the program to feel easy for everyone. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

The representative did a great job explaining the program and its benefits. I'm relieved to know in around 4 years I will be free from the debt I owe. I did not realize how bad off I was financially and if I did not sign up for the program I would continue to be in debt for many years to come.

Hello Lauren,

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Patrick was very helpful in helping me to see the benefits of enrolling in this program. I am anxious to begin and work toward debt free living and a higher credit score. The benefit of this program is being able to pay off the amount sooner than the projected time given.

Hello Ms. Christian,

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I appreciate Adam staying late and going the extra mile to get me set up with the program today. I will be happy to refer someone to your company based on the experience I had today with Adam. I’m sure people say this a lot but he deserves a raise!!

Hello Ms. Vaughan,

Thank you so much! We are thrilled to receive your 5-star review and we look forward to helping you reach your goals of financial freedom! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com should you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

The people I talk to have always been very helpful and pleasant to talk to and explain things for me over and over so I can understand it. They all seem to know what they are talking about. I am so grateful for all the help this program has offered me. Thanks again for all their help.

Dear Debbie,

We appreciate the positive review! Thank you for taking time to leave positive feedback for us! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com should you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

After I fill up the application, in no time I received a phone call. My agent explained everything. Excellent, very clear and all my questions were answered. I knowed I make a very good decision contacting Freedom Debt Relief. I am very happy and definitely I will recommend it.

Hello Irmari,

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Staff has an understanding of issue and willing to help. Most of the time the phone conversation ease the problem and help me understand the issue that I have and guide me to the process. The suggestion that have been given to me is very helpful and make me feel at ease that I have mad a right decision. The online access is easy to understand and show me my progress.

Hello Toi,

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Would recommend to anyone. Able to bring my Debt down. Even called while sick and they were very understanding. I’m on my way to being debt free and it feels great. Couldn’t ask for better customer service. Why not give it a try? Couldn’t hurt.

Dear Danielle,

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Charles was very friendly and easy to talk to. He explained how everything would work and after he did that asked if I had any questions and I did and he was able to satisfy concerns. I would recommend them to any of my friends if they were thinking about getting out of debt.

Dear Ms. Moody,

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

All was too easy and great for me. Good information. I can recommended to my friends. When people need economic help can count with this program. Is very important to do it for better finance future. I hope people who needs finance helps, take this program.

Hello Martin,

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I'm very grateful about how easy and helpful Mike was and can't wait to get this finished and move on with my life. This was a very quick and wish I would have learned about this sooner. Will definitely be recommending Freedom Debt Relief to my friends.

Dear Stacy,

www.freedomdebtrelief.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use