toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Freedom Debt Relief

We appreciate the Feedback and are happy to hear your experience has been pleasant. Please feel free to reach out to us if you need anything and we would be happy to assist.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

I am happy with the way FDR has handled my business. Every FDR employee that I've had conversation with are kind, thoughtful, considerate, understanding, and professional. Until I was in a desperate financial situation, I was totally unaware help with my financial meltdown was even possible. I'm thankful I found FDR.

Freedom Debt Relief

We are extremely happy that you are satisfied with your experience thus far . If you have any questions,comments or concerns please feel free to contact us and we would be happy to assist.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

Since enrolling with Freedom, I am excited to see my future being debt free! The process is seamless and user-friendly and I love the client dashboard that I can access every day! I appreciate the help I receive from customer service and the communication that I receive.

Freedom Debt Relief

Thank you very much for your positive rating! You are correct in that full understanding of our program is key. We are glad to have helped you during your time of need!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

I've read a lot of the negative reviews and my opinion is that they are because the writer doesn't understand the process. Freedom collects a certain amount of money each month and it goes into a bank account. Reductions in amounts due and payment agreements are negotiated with each debtor, usually the lowest amounts first (so those accounts are removed from credit report). I was extremely happy with the process and the customer service because I understood the process. I could see where my money was kept and where it was going. Because of circumstances I couldn't control (health), I couldn't honor my financial obligations. Freedom gave me an alternative to filing bankruptcy and I did I could do given my situation. While I know I didn't fully honor my commitments to my lenders, I did something and Freedom gave me a way to do that. I would recommend them to anyone facing similar circumstances to mine.

Freedom Debt Relief

Thank you very much for your positive rating! We're glad to hear that Mark was able to help provide the relief from the creditors. We look forward to continuing the best experience we can while you are enrolled in our program.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2016

I could not be happier than to have Freedom Debt Relief help me get out of a place where I did not think I had a chance of overcoming. I was amazed at how Mark ** was able to settle my debts at an amazing amount of time. I am so happy that all my creditors are going to get some money and I can answer my phone again without it being one of my credit card holders. I will be happy to tell my friends and family if they are in the same place I was to just contact Freedom Debt Relief and be confident that they will be helped to get their debts under control. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the help I was given. I can breathe again.

Freedom Debt Relief

Thank you very much for your positive rating! We are especially glad to hear that specific representatives were able to make such a significant positive impact as we pride ourselves on providing superior service. We look forward to continuing the best experience we can while you are enrolled in our program!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2016

Contacting FDR was the best decision I made towards becoming debt free. Everyone was very helpful. A million thanks to all of you. To mention a few: Fernando **, Brian **, Shirmonica ** (my negotiator), Stephen ** and those personnel who answered my questions concerning my account. You won my battle for me. Having you to deal with my creditors/debt collectors gave me peace of mind and saved me from depression and sleepless nights. You were there every step of the way, patiently and clearly explaining the process and what to expect next, etc. It was a leap of faith when I decided to enroll in the FDR program. I am super glad that I did. THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

I signed up with Freedom Financial Debt Relief 7/3/2012. At that time according to the sales person I was going to make payments for 3 years. I was told during this time, I would not be brought to court for unpaid debt, and if I did, their legal team would help me. I was taken to court twice. Both times Freedom Financial stated they couldn't give me help. They couldn't even give me advice. Every time I called, I would get someone new, who would state that something was not done properly, or the sales person MAY have promised things that were unachievable. Every time I would get off the phone with the Customer service person, I would feel like the person was doing everything they could to help me. I thought my agreement would end after the 3 years. I was informed that I should have never been told that, since it was not true.

I continued to allow the payments to go through. My actual stop date was going to be October 2016. I had spoken to several people leading up to October 2016. All the customer service people stated I should be done with the program in October 2016. I even called in October, and the customer service person stated she would even put a stop on the account, since I was done. November came and went, no problems. In December the payments started to be deducted from my account again, without my consent.

The customer service person I spoke to today on December 6, 2016 stated that several things were not closed out on my account, even though there was documentation to state the accounts should have been closed out. At this time, my bank account is in the negative. I have been hit with OD charges etc. The customer service person stated even IF I get reimbursed they (her supervisor) will deny the overdraft amount. The customer service people in this company provide the customer with whatever lie they can think of, to get the customer to calm down. Each one has stated "they are doing everything they possibly can be doing to fix the situation", but the situation is never rectified.

So far I am very pleased with FDR. I have been enroll in the program for four months and have settled two accounts already. They seem very professional and understanding. I would recommend to anyone that was peace of mind.

I love these people. They are so nice and very understanding. It is so nice to work with people who don't judge you! If I have had a problem there has always been someone on the other end of the phone to answer my questions and fix the problem. I never have regretted my decision to work with Freedom Debt Relief!

I am very happy, satisfied and relieved with Freedom Debt Relief. I was at the end of a rope, with my situation and debts trying to pay them on my own due to circumstances and unforeseen things thrown my way. Freedom Debt Relief is working diligently on my behalf and I appreciate it with the utmost respect.

I am very happy that I chose Freedom Debt Relief (FDR) to assist me in paying off my debts. I was told that it could take up to 8 months to settle my first debt, however, my first debt settled in October and I have only been a member of FDR since June, 2016. I look forward to more settlements taking place and, hopefully, it will not take up to 3 years for all my debts to be cleared. I also appreciated the card I received from FDR. It made me feel very special. Thank you FDR for your hard work and dedication to your clients.

My overall experience with Freedom Debt has been spectacular! They are very professional yet make you feel comfortable. Very pleased with the progress. They have resolved my accounts a lot quicker than I thought. Thank you so much for all the help and knowledge you have given me.

You and your staff are great people. I loved dealing with y'all. You always answer my question. Never had a problem getting in contact with anyone. You just don't know how much you have help me. I would recommend you to anyone.

I just want to thank Freedom Relief! I got into debt way over my head and they helped and are helping us with getting out of debt. They are a lifesaver and everyone we have dealt with are very nice to answer any questions to help! I highly recommend them to make a better future if you need help!

Freedom Debt Relief has been a life saver for me. I was drowning in my debt. They are so helpful and notify me right away regarding my progress with my creditors. I do not know what I would have done if not for Freedom Debt Relief. I would recommend them to anyone with debt problems.

I am very pleased with Freedom Debt. They have helped me tremendously with a very difficult situation. Everyone has been very friendly and willing to go above and beyond helping me get debt free. Would highly recommend to anyone needing help with their debt.

For the most part - I have been satisfied with my experience. Impatience on my part is the balance and I find it frustrating. One of your representatives satisfied my impatience by simply saying ---- settlement depends mostly upon whether or not the creditor is willing to be serious on agreeing to settle. One cannot rush some things. I am of the impatient breed -- just the way I am and no apologies provided. In meantime - thank you all for the help. God Bless.

Paying off credit and unsecured loans they have been very diligent and helpful. They have tools so you may keep track of progress. How very, I prefer not to use this tool as I prefer not to track by computer as I, personally, do not use a computer.

Very minimal progress. Only minimal settlements while my credit score has dropped drastically. If I could drop the program I would. Collectors calling nonstop as I watch my FDR account balance grow. Feels like a scam and I made a huge mistake.

This has been a really good experience for me, so far. I am very pleased with that customer service. I am really pleased with how fast the debts are being settled. I have gained a certain peace of mind from having this service as an option.

They have been very professional in the handling of my account. If I had any questions they made sure they answered them completely. This company is really on top of things and I have grown to trust them. I would definitely recommend them to my friends.

I am very happy with freedom. They have helped me so much. Thank you for dealing with my debt. You have saved me so much money. I am very satisfied with the outcome. I recommend freedom to anyone who is in debt. They work with right away.

I don't appreciate Crossroads posting payment a day earlier than the date that it suppose to post. It cost me 29.00 fee every time that this happens. They always post payment to early before my payment have arrived. I don't appreciate this.

As of this date 11-30-16 I can say that things are moving along, somewhat slowly to me, but then again it took time to get into debt. I have no complaints at this time. Can't give 100 until I finish the program. Four stars when 50% done.

I know it takes time for everything to be paid and completed... I have seen results so I am very satisfied. I know it would of been lot harder to get out of debt on my own. I am just taking it a step at a time and will see everything completed as we go.

It's only been a few months being with FDR, however things have gone relatively smooth. I wish more accounts would start answering so that we could see a little bit more movement, but we have already had 2 accounts close and one just agreed to a settlement and will close next month. All in all things are looking great for our future now.

Freedom has been very good to work with. They usually get back to me quickly when I have questions. I would have liked to have known upfront that they don't contact all the companies right away, they only do one at a time. Other than that, at this point things are going okay. I would like hear from my case manager more. The client portal is helpful, but a breakdown from caseworker would be good once a month.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel!!! I would recommend this to anyone who has made financial mistakes in life. My debts will be paid off in record time. Thank you for your assistance when I needed it the most.

This was the best decision I've made. I'm happy with Freedom Debt Relief. My debt has decreased immensely. I have money in my bank, and I started a savings account. Freedom is an excellent company, and I will recommend this to anyone who is experiencing debt.

After reviewing debt settlements and how they work. I decided working with a debt settlement company was a good option for me. I agreed to pay $404 a month, and was told it'd take 6-8 months to get all the debts settled. After 9 months of paying the $404 a month, Freedom only settled one account and the one account they settled, that company offered me the same settlement a year prior. All Freedom did was approve my creditors settlement and I had to pay Freedom for approving my creditors settlement, which the creditor had already offered me that settlement a year prior.

I was patient leading up to the 6 month mark, but after starting to become anxious regarding the settlements, after 6 months and only one settlement, I started contacting my representative. He quickly answered my questions when I first signed up. After months of Freedom doing nothing, I couldn't get a hold of him anymore. And the few times I did, he was short with me and came off as too busy to really talk to me.

After 9 months and 1 settlement, I decided I could do better on my own. I cancelled with Freedom, and was told they were going to take the remaining balance from my dedicated account. And that'd be it. I agreed to that. That was fine. My $404 withdrawal still came out the following day of the deduction, and I was told I had fees remaining. In short, the person I cancelled the agreement said I'd have no fees to pay other than the money they'd take from my dedicated account. Yet 2 weeks later, they still took the $404 and that totally screwed me. All Freedom does is collect your money while the creditors don't get paid. Eventually, the creditors decide it's in their best interest to settle with you, and that's when Freedom comes in. To be blunt YOU DON'T NEED FREEDOM FOR THIS. You can simply not pay your bills on your own, and the creditors will work with you.

I thought I was making a smart decision by letting financial experts handle this stuff for me. They literally did nothing but cost me more money. You're literally better off doing this on your own. Please take my word on it. You're paying them to do what you can do yourself and frankly, you'll do it faster yourself and for less money. It's not a scam. It's a legit business. But you're paying someone to not work for you. Literally, I paid 9 months into my account. And the only debt they settled, was the one I already had received settlement offers for. They did nothing but cost me more. DO IT YOURSELF OR FIND A NON-PROFIT CONSUMER ADVOCATE!!! Freedom is a waste of money and if you choose to opt out the fees are very substantial.

To be more specific I had 21K in credit card debts. Freedom said they could negotiate the settlements down to 11K. But with their fees and payments, I'd pay them 6K which would leave my final balance with them at 17K over 3.5 years. Well if I took the initial $4,500 settlement offer one of my creditors offered me my credit card balance would've been $16,500 instead of the 21K. In short, due to their fees, the one settlement I could've done on my own, would've brought me down to the same amount I would've paid them over the 3.5 year program. Any other settlements I can make, will make it even cheaper than what I'd pay them, and you can choose which companies to pay first and when.

I'm usually not a person that believes in regrets. I call them learning lessons. But contracting with Freedom was a regret and learning lesson. I was told this by a friend of mine. And I still differed to their so-called experts. Don't make my mistake. Stop being lazy, pick up a book or read about finance. AND DO THIS YOURSELF!!!

I never thought I would see the day that my phone would stop ringing from bill collectors. The process for the program I am in was flawless and was very simple. They handle everything for you, and they are there for you every step of the way.

Freedom Debt Relief Company Profile