Consumer Reviews and Complaints

• 3 stars24
  • 2 stars14
  • 1 stars51
    16%

Freedom Debt Relief, a subsidiary of Freedom Financial Network, LLC, is a group of about 1100 employees strong and growing – known internally as "The Freedom Family". We are energetic, smart & compassionate - but most importantly we are advocates who are all about helping our customers through a tough financial time in their lives. We were founded in 2002 by Stanford Business School graduates Andrew Housser and Brad Stroh and since then we have built the best management team in the industry. Freedom works out of two primary offices in San Mateo, CA and Phoenix, AZ. Our customers, 40,000 and growing, are spread widely across the United States.

Freedom Debt Relief has been working diligently to help me reduce my debt with my creditors and so far they were able to make excellent agreements and reduce it by nearly half. I am so happy with the service they are providing and am looking forward to, with their support, coming out the other end on a healthier financial standing.

One of my creditors has been brought to negotiation. I look forward to the other creditors to be brought down soon.

When we started this program, our date was July 2016. It went to December 2016. It is now July 2018. I have made all my payments on time. I have a good amount of money in my account. It is half of what we have left to settle. Why is the date getting longer? I have tried several times to get a hold of them but to no avail. What can I do?

I only been with the company for a few months and I am satisfy with the progress they have made so far in helping me settle my debts. I was in a corner and did not know what to do. Freedom Debt Relief to my rescue, and I thank them for that.

I am learning more of how the system works. Every time that I have called FDR the people have been very friendly and helpful that makes it nice for me to do business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

I highly recommend Freedom Debt Relief. They are super to work with and very understanding.

I am fairly pleased. My one complaint is that although I have been told there has been settlements, I have not received any notification in writing of this. I would like something official to put into my files so there will be no surprises down the road.

Starting our debt consolidation wasn't an easy choice. I was suddenly diagnosed with a life altering disease which left us financially strapped. As medical expenses kept coming, CT Scans, MRI's, prescriptions, hospital stays, we became financially burdened to the point of bankruptcy. However, in researching options we found Freedom Debt Relief. We have been in our program for 7 months and it was difficult dealing with the creditors at first. Once Freedom starting negotiations, we have felt some relief.

I have had a good relationship with Freedom Financial. However I received many unsolicited calls from Consolidation Plus sales rep Brian **. This is an affiliated sister company under the Freedom Financial umbrella. Although I was interested in what he was offering, he was extremely rude to me because I would not prioritize filling out the credit application he wanted me to fill over work and family, and fill out the application immediately. He also called me in the middle of my workday when I was rushing to get to a meeting. Before my unfortunately encounter with Mr. ** I would have given this company a 100%. Now I feel unsafe and do not trust them.

My wife and I are very thankful for the help that FDR is giving us. It's a peace of mind that FDR brings to you knowing that they are working on your behalf. FDR is settling our debt by not bringing hardship on your finances. We been with them for just 5 months and they have settle one case already and are working on 3 more.

Good experience so far but still waiting to see how it reflects my credit.

Amazing customer service. Amazing system to help people get fairness from the horrible credit card scam. The Freedom staff are efficient and professional; they really care.

Thanks to this program I'm able to have peace of mind knowing I will be debt free. Everyone throughout the process has been so helpful and attentive. Special thanks to Adam ** for his assistance. Great customer service!

In May I enrolled in Freedom Debt! My enroller was very (or seemed to be at the time) nice, caring etc... She having knowledge that one of my debts had a car title secured to one of the debts, said she had worked through this many times, not to worry! Kept getting phone calls from others saying they were going to opt me out of the program!

On Thursday July 14, 2016 called me in the evening to advise they were going to have to close my account. I asked him to please wait until I talked with my enroller, as when she called me on this same day July 14, give me until noon Friday. "Sharon, I will get back to you, trust me!" Never heard from her again. Friday morning my account had been closed, Monday July 18, attempted to call and email my enroller but guess what, no answer! This is a fraud, now I sit with a note that payments are due, and they Freedom just up and walk away!!! Misrepresentation for sure, may be filing or advising attorney general of this!!!

Freedom Debt Relief

We appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience in working with Freedom Debt Relief. We are committed to providing an excellent service experience and want to ensure our clients are completely satisfied when working through their requested debt settlement program.

Original review: July 17, 2016

Did not refund my money as specified in their information. Professionalism is below standards in customer service and customer relations. I hope you try someone else before you try this company.

Taking part in Freedom has been a good experience so far. My only concern is how long it takes to negotiate with creditors. I've always paid my bills on time and it's been difficult receiving calls and letters stating my account is late.

Freedom Debt Relief

We have sent a direct message to this customer so we can look into their concerns further and find a satisfactory resolution.

Original review: July 14, 2016

I was not expecting to get all these debt collection letters and lots of calls from them also. I get at least 20-30 calls a day and I was under the impression that debt relief would take care of this.

Working with Freedom Debt Relief has been so easy. The staff has been incredibly helpful in resolving our debt. FDR has helped to alleviate our stress and anxiety in resolving our credit problems. The client dashboard is a wonderful tool - so helpful in tracking our credit payment progress. Thank you!!

It is a relief to see my debts slowly disappearing. Yes, my credit will be ruined for a while but I feel so much better inside that I am at least paying something towards them and you all are doing the work. Thank you again and keep up the good work.

Company needs to talk to their customers more on where we are to paying off debts. I find it difficult to see or hear of any offers to pay my bills off. I have three years to go.

We really had a tough year and Freedom is helping us become debt free. They have great customer service.

Freedom Financial has been awesome to work with! Their staff is extremely helpful when I have called in to ask questions. The peace of mind is something I didn't think I would ever have... they are reassuring and there when you need them.

Overall our experience has been great. The "Dashboard" leaves a lot to be desired. It is not very useful especially in the beginning. The staff does not respond very well to questions posted on it. Also Freedom Financial posted a "hard inquiry" on my credit report which places a negative against my rating and I'm not happy about that.

I was so stressed out every single day, wondering how I would pay the next stack of bills and I had always thought of Debt. Reducing companies to be shady, are absolutely not an option for me. One late night, as I was on Facebook, I saw a pop-up for FDR. I was very reluctant to do anything, but I decided I had nothing to lose. As I learned more I realized that it was the right thing for me to do to get me through this financial hardship. I can breath again and have hope to be able to get out of this rut without bankruptcy.

Freedom Debt Relief

I reached out to the client and resolved all of their concerns. We do have plans to follow up next week to see if there is more we can do for her but her current concern has been resolved.

Original review: July 9, 2016

Well, after almost 2 years and having 3 accounts totally ignored, to the point they didn't even know the accounts were zeroed out because they "lost" the last 4 numbers on all 3 accounts, and by the way they don't tell you that Chase doesn't negotiate with them, now another account going to an attorney and almost being sued, one account settled, just one - and now my last account once again sent to an attorney, after being sold 2 times to separate agencies, they didn't even know. I am still given the runaround every week. I call, I get different answers from different people, and yet they still will charge me fees. I call, and then I am told there was no record of my call.

Every week, I am told that my account has been "escalated", sent to "legal", "No one has sued you yet'" but still nothing is being done. Perhaps I should have investigated this firm more diligently. They are very successful at collecting their fees, more than willing to tell you anything to get you off the phone, yet nothing is being resolved! They tell you what you need to hear when you call them, in your state of financial despair, and once they have you... you're trapped.

I've been very satisfied with the program so far. One account settled and looks like funds are in place for 2nd account settlement. I like the online portal as it's easy to navigate and I can keep up with what's going on weekly with minimal effort.

The staff members are very professional and helpful. I love the fact they update you with the status and inform you with enough information you need to know. Most of all you feel the dedication & the support.

I would highly recommend this company to anyone that's looking for help in debt reduction. Fantastic service and very helpful. I'll have one form of debt paid off this month already!

Don't understand where all the money is being spent on my acct. Not Happy.

Thank you, FDR!! Doing great job. 2 account settled in 6 months. Highly recommended to relatives and friends. Keep up the good work and more power and blessings to come. ❤️

Freedom Debt Relief Company Profile