Call toll free
4.56/5
    2089
Based on 2,568 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

As the largest debt negotiator in the nation, Freedom Debt Relief has resolved over $9 billion in consumer debt. Through their proven debt relief program, they have helped hundreds of thousands of Americans significantly reduce the amount they owe and resolve their debts more quickly and affordably than other options like debt consolidation loans.

The company began in 2002 with a mission to provide a debt solution that puts consumers first. Therefore, the initial consultation FDR provides is focused on educating consumers about several debt options (not just their program).

By staying true to its mission, hiring the best professionals in the industry, and continually innovating their services, Freedom Debt Relief has grown to employ over 2,000 highly trained professionals and enrolled over 615,000 clients.

Freedom Debt Relief Video
View More View More

14292 Freedom Debt Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

You were very prompt in answering my request to help me looked up my accounts and what needed to be done and I am very confident in knowing that I will be debt free soon. It's hard when you are on a one income household so I want to. Thank y'all for helping me again t.y.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Freedom is my guardian angel. I don’t know where I would be without them. They are very courteous. Any time I had a problem they were Johnny on the spot. I would recommend them to anyone. My life has been a lot better with Freedom Debt Relief.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback, Ellen. We are very happy you joined Freedom Debt Relief and we will continue to assist you in every way we can. We are looking forward to you becoming debt free and we would be overjoyed to see you recommending our program. Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I was mostly satisfied with Freedom Debt Relief. However, it was not explained well enough about the fees involved. They also did not tell me that the discharged amount would be taxable. I received 1099C's for this amount. Which could have made my taxes increase by a sizable amount. This was a major problem when filing my taxes. There were months when most of my payment went to fees.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

So far so good. It is really too early to tell. I have several people calling for payment... so am I stress-free... No I am not. It would be helpful if there was a shortcut to this site I could put on the computer.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you, Shannon, for taking time from your day to provide us with your honest feedback about your debt relief program. Keep in mind we're available for you 7 days of the week and always ready to assist you in any way we can. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Everyone that I spoke with were truly professional. Very understanding and systematic to my needs... We all have issues every now and then and I am glad that Freedom Debt Relief is here to help! Thank you again for all your help and understanding.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Our pleasure, Robert. We appreciate you sharing the great amount of support you've received from our advocates in client services. This is always rewarding to hear. Please continue to contact us in client services anytime you have questions and/or concerns about your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief as a guide to financial freedom!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I am very satisfied with the service and help I have received from Freedom Debt Relief for my money issues. I would definitely recommend Freedom Debt Relief to anyone I know if they need assistance with getting back on track financially. I am hoping to resolve quickly.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for the amazing feedback. It is our pleasure to guide you on this journey, Christina. We also appreciate you recommending our service to others. If you ever have any questions about your account, please remember client services is available 7 days a week to assist you. Thank you for being the best part of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I have been very pleased so far! The representatives have been very clear and helpful and let me know what to expect and where to call if I need help! I hope it will be a good experience and I am relieved that I will be able to pay my bills.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Betty, we are pleased to hear your experience with our Client Services department has been positive. We will continue to provide you with the best possible experience! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Freedom Debt Relief has been very helpful. They negotiate with creditors so quickly and has brought down my payments to a lower amount. I would recommend Freedom Debt Relief to friends because if they can help me that quick with my debt problems they can help them. Thank you Freedom Debt Relief for your help.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Judy, we're so glad you have experienced the reduction on your debt and benefits the program has brought to you. We definitely share in your excitement as you become debt free! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

So far so good. Responses are timely, and the staff is professional and very customer friendly. The payment schedule is going as planned, it's just that there's the tax liability... you just can't win with system... who needs a tax bill on top of this... however, its not FDR's fault or problem.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you, Theodore, for your kind compliments about our company! We are pleased to have you in our program and look forward to your continued success. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

FDR is always helpful and accommodating. Very sensitive to my requests and personal situation when new things arise. They give me reassurance of how to handle creditor calls and have been responsive and friendly each time I need to call them.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you so much, Mary, for your thoughtful compliments about our company! We enjoy being able to assist you and provide you world-class customer service. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I am very pleased with Freedom Debt Relief has given me worry relief since I have signed up. I was able to make my payments, but due to hardship I needed help before my situation got worse. I would most definitely recommend Freedom Debt Relief to anyone that might need it.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for your wonderful review, Robert. We are glad to hear you have had a wonderful experience so far and we would be very pleased to see you recommending Freedom Debt Relief. Please reach out to our Client Services department or you can log into your Client Dashboard if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

3 accounts have been closed and I think I have 3 or 4 being processed now. I am very pleased with the progress of my account, done in a timely fashion and they stay in constant touch with you every step of the way. So far I am glad I chose Freedom Debt Relief. I have let friends & family know what I am doing about getting out of debt and with what company.

Hello Linda,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are very proud of your accomplishments so far and we are confident you will become debt free soon! Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Overall, the program is good. But, the new format online does not break down the monthly payments for me to review. Or I just do not know where to navigate for that information. The only other item that surprised me was when we signed on with you I was not aware of all the other costs to run this program. You might want to better inform your future clients about costs upfront first.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate your honest feedback, Mr. Ekis. Using the newly formatted client dashboard will take some adjusting. Keep in mind there is a chat option available to help you navigate the upgraded site and to ask questions about anything you see.

We apologize if the costs incurred while enrolled with us was not clearly conveyed to you. Although Freedom Debt Relief collects absolutely no fees until a settlement has been obtained and agreed to by the client, there are some other costs associated with our program. If you have any questions at all about your account, feel free to contact us in client services for assistance. We're here 7 days a week to answer any questions that come up for you. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief to service your financial needs.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I find FDR to be honest, understanding and professional. From the first contact to every need expressed the staff have been courteous and helpful. It is very refreshing and reassuring to know that there is a financial company that really is serious about their business of helping struggling people get ahead.

Hello Novalie,

Thank you for posting your feedback. We care for you at Freedom Debt Relief and we will continue to assist you in every way we can. We have your best interest in mind and we are confident you will become debt free soon. Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I just started with FDR, and so far it's been wonderful. Such a relief. I have just made my first deposit into my account, and looking forward to my debt being paid in just a couple of years. The program is professional, I have access to look at my progress at anytime, and I'm really happy with FDR up to this point, and very appreciative. Thank You.

Freedom Debt Relief response

This is great to hear, Tammy! We appreciate your feedback and we are very excited to take control of your accounts. You made the best decision when you enrolled in Freedom Debt Relief and we are confident you will see outstanding results. Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I have been a client with FDR for a year and half now and suddenly received a summons from one of my creditors. I called FDR for information on how to handle the problem and quickly received all the information needed. I have to say I was near panic until I called and received that there was a solution.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate your review, Victoria. We are very glad to have you apart of Freedom Debt Relief and we are very excited to see you obtain financial freedom. Success is coming your way soon! Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Choosing FDR one of the best decision I have ever made. Their service has been outstanding and I'm in my way to being debt free. The legal assistance

cannot be understated, after being sued by a creditor I was nervous about having to go to court and face have court ordered payments, I called the legal services representing FDR and they not only put my mind at ease they were able to settle the debt for less. Thanks FDR.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your fantastic feedback, Darrell. You definitely chose the best debt resolution option and we are very glad to assist you with your debt. Freedom Debt Relief will continue to put your mind at ease and we wish you the best through your graduation. Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I like how available Henry is and he has answered all of my questions, making me confident that I have made a very good decision in choosing to go with Freedom Debt Relief. I would definitely recommend any of my family or friends to this company if they were in debt and needed a great way to resolve their debt.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your amazing feedback, Elizabeth. We are glad to hear Henry further assisted you and we will continue to demonstrate excellent customer service. Keep up the great work and we would greatly appreciate if you recommend our program. Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I received a call today regarding my online submission for debt relief. I spoke to Dan ** and he gathered my information and called me later to say that I was accepted into the program. This was a burden lifted off of me because I have been struggling for so long.

Hello Valencia,

Thank you for sharing your review. We are very glad you spoke with one of our Debt Consultants and we want to congratulate you on joining Freedom Debt Relief. We are very excited to see your accomplishments in becoming debt free. Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Whitney ** has been an amazing help in the big step for the financial future of my family. She explains everything plainly. She patiently answers all of my questions, big or small. I am very confident that this chapter in our financial lives are in good guidance with Whitney's help. Thank you Whitney.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for your phenomenal feedback, Jacquilyn! It's rewarding to know that our team has been courteous and helpful throughout your enrollment process and we'll be sure to pass on the kudos to Whitney! If you have questions about your account in the future, please feel free to contact our client services team by calling or emailing us. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I am very happy with the experience with FDR. I had 6 accounts which are not able to pay from my end and account balance became more than 100K. I had big loss in my business and was in very bad situation. FDR helped me to come up with structured settlement and I have closed 3 of the accounts now. Still 3 are pending and I am on the track to close them all by end of this year. I recommend their service to all.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you very much for your review, Muthukkumar. We are thrilled to hear of your positive experience and we want to congratulate you on your success so far. We are looking forward to seeing you become debt free! Please reach out to our Client Services department or you can log into your Client Dashboard if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

FDR has made it possible to repay all my credit card debt, with ease, and assurance. They negotiate all the erroneous finance/interest/surcharge fees and what you ending up paying back is the principle, more or less. I have recommended this service to others.

Freedom Debt Relief response

This is fantastic, Melissa! We are thrilled to see you enrolled in our debt resolution program and we are glad to resolve all of your accounts. Keep up the great work and we would gladly appreciate if you recommend Freedom Debt Relief. Please reach out to our Client Services department or you can log into your Client Dashboard if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Freedom Debt Relief has given me a chance to breathe and taken some stress out of my life. They are so very nice and accommodating when it comes to dealing with your account. They are willing to go the distance to help you settle your debts.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate your review, Randalla. We are very glad you enrolled in Freedom Debt Relief because we want you to become debt free. We will continue to assist you in every way we can and we are excited to see you obtain financial freedom. Please reach out to our Client Services department or you can log into your Client Dashboard if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Very happy I decided to move forward back in September 2016 to enroll in Freedom Debt Relief. So close to the finish line now and it feels wonderful. Very easy to work with and approve to clear the balances. Would do this again in a heart beat.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Congratulations on your success with us, Sharon! We couldn't be any more proud of the milestones you've reached and we're looking forward to your graduation! In the meantime, please feel free to contact our client services team when you have questions or concerns. Simply call or log onto your client dashboard and chat with us! Thank you for being a part of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I was on a 2-year plan to pay off debt but, the payment was more than I could manage. The agent restructured my program to a 4-year plan so the payment was more manageable. My payment went from $662 per month to $370. This payment amount is more manageable in my budget.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We're happy to help you get back on track financially, Jennifer! We're here for you every step of your debt-free journey and any time you have questions for us, please don't hesitate to contact our client services team by calling or emailing us. Thank you for being a part of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I was definitely satisfied with informative answers to my questions and concerns about the options with this company. As a retired veteran, I am very strategic about the moves I make and my consultant (Ryan **) gave me sense of peace with the options available and the benefits of pursuing the program according to my specific situation. Timelines were given to me as to when follow up calls were going to be placed and very accurate and punctual as the process was not extremely long and with jargon. I appreciate that a lot. He also, communicated very clear and well and I would not only recommend others to this program, but important individuals such as my family and friends. Thanks again.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for your phenomenal review, Carlos! We're delighted to hear that you had an exceptional and comforting experience with your debt consultant. Did you know that we have a referral bonus program for our clients? Please feel free to contact our client services team to learn more, simply call (800) 655-6303. We're looking forward to your financial success and thank for you choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

It's a great opportunity to apply on this organization, they are very helpful and fast action. I don't need to wait for a long time, they will work right away on what I need. They keep following up until you completed everything. I can't say anything just an excellent service!!

Freedom Debt Relief response

We're proud to be on your side, Abe! We're proud of the progress you've made thus far and we're excited to help you reach your financial goals! Should you have any questions about your account, please reach out to our knowledgeable client services team. They can be reached by calling or log onto your client dashboard and chat with us! Thank you for being a part of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I am so happy I could cry! Richard was so helpful and provided me all the info I needed! I can already feel the weight off my shoulders! I am so excited to start this program & be able to actually save.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We're thrilled to hear that you're feeling the relief that you deserve, Millene! We're proud to be on your side and any time you have questions for us, please don't hesitate to contact our client services team! They can be reached by calling or emailing us. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Paul by then was very easy to work with! I would definitely recommend it to a seemed like the process when very easily. This will make my life a lot easier as well. Hope to hear back from you soon! Thank you.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate your great review, Jamie! It's rewarding to hear great feedback like yours and we're happy to hear that your experience thus far has been exceptional! If you have any questions for us in the future, please don't hesitate to contact our client services team by calling or emailing us. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

It has been a struggle since my retirement, but we are enduring and looking to the end. Your customer service staff and the online pages are quite helpful. There are times when I regret starting this process, but the closer we get to the end the happier I am that I chose Freedom.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to write us an honest review, David. We understand that our program takes a little hard work and elbow grease, however, we can confidently say that your efforts are worth it! We're looking forward to your continued success and please reach out to us any time you have questions about your account. Our client services team is available seven days a week by calling or emailing. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Freedom Debt Relief expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Freedom Debt Relief is a credit advocacy and debt resolution company that has resolved over $4 billion in debt for its clients. Freedom Debt Relief has over 900 highly-trained professionals at their company. Their individualized approach first reviews every customer’s personal situation to determine whether they are the best fit for the company. If the company can’t help the consumer, they refer them to a more suitable agency.

• No fees upfront: Freedom Debt Relief doesn't charge any fees until after they have resolved your debt.

• Training: Employees receive in-depth training and frequent quality assurance monitoring.

• Customer support: Customer support specialists are available online 24/7, and an online consumer portal to help clients stay informed and in control.

• Certifications: The company is a Platinum Member of the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA), a Charter Member of the American Fair Credit Council and accredited by BSI Management Systems.

• Services: Freedom Debt Relief offers options for debt management such as debt settlement, credit counseling, debt consolidation and additional methods of financial assistance.

• Bankruptcy: Freedom Debt Relief can help consumers work through their bankruptcy plans and options as well as manage their debts.

• Best for: consumers worried about bankruptcy, over-spenders and individuals with excessive credit card debt.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg