toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hello Ms. Butler-Smith,

First I would like to thank you for your outstanding review! We hope to continue to fulfill your requests and settle your accounts in a timely manner. We value each and every individual client and we are happy to assist you in becoming debt free.

Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

I am very happy that I chose Freedom Debt Relief (FDR) to assist me in paying off my debts. I was told that it could take up to 8 months to settle my first debt, however, my first debt settled in October and I have only been a member of FDR since June, 2016. I look forward to more settlements taking place and, hopefully, it will not take up to 3 years for all my debts to be cleared. I also appreciated the card I received from FDR. It made me feel very special. Thank you FDR for your hard work and dedication to your clients.

Dear Ms. Monachino,

We are so happy to hear about your positive experience with the representative that assisted you with your enrollment. One of our goals is to make sure all clients feel welcome, valued and confident in the program. Knowing we have met each of these is fantastic!

Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com with any questions or comments you may have regarding your account.

Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

I would personally recommend Freedom to family and friends. I was very nervous to pick up the phone and call to ask for help. I am so glad that I did. I am brand new to the program and am very excited about my new financial freedom in the future. But I couldn't have done it without the help from Luis. He was extremely helpful, knowledgeable and kind. He never made me feel pressured to sign up and judged me and my situation. I called him numerous times with questions and called me back personally to help me. He is the reason I chose Freedom Debt Relief over any other company. Thank you Luis. You are wonderful.

Dear Ms. Eckhart,

Thank you for your excellent review! We have a highly trained team in our Client Services department and hearing your positive feedback from your experiences reaffirms this.

Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

I am extremely happy with the service I received from the Freedom Debt Relief Team. They were all very professional and knowledgeable. I was able to call them at any time with questions and concerns and got immediate answers and results. I am almost debt free and anxious to rebuild my credit. Freedom Debt Relief was my savior. Definitely recommend this program to anyone who is drowning in debt. Thank you Freedom Debt Relief Team.

Hello Mr. Paquette,

Thank you for your kind review! We are glad you enrolled when you did and chose us to assist you settling your debt! We look forward to seeing your success within the program.

Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

So far, so good. In fact, I could not be happier... wish I had done this sooner. I already have settled 3 accounts and will be completely debt free in 2020... Simple process - you make payments into your account and Freedom does the rest. Don't wait any longer - these guys are the best rated company in the nation and that is why we chose them. They are living up to their reputation.

Patrick has helped me tremendously in giving me peace of mind. I truly appreciate that you have my back. It's very scary going into this, but I have received some peace by the way that you talk to me. Not once did you criticize me for the mess I made out of my life since my husband died. I appreciate it. My husband would be the same way if he was alive. He would say: "Ok now how can we fix this problem?" And he'd have my back 100%. You are the same way. Thank you so much. I really wish I had come to you many months ago. But I was scared. Thank you for the security you have provided.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

Freedom finical help me more with my debt than what the credit card companies were willing to do. Now I have a little bit of money to put away in a saving account. No matter what I tried I could not ever save any money for my retirement. I would recommend Freedom finical to all of my friends and family.

So far it's great. Got 2 creditors down but the toughest, B of A and my credit union yet to be resolved. Not looking forward to the loan payments but We gotta do what we gotta do. Hoping to get these debt before I retire in a few years. Thanks.

Dear Mr. Wasson,

Thank you so much for your review! We prioritize our client's happiness and peace of mind alongside our goal to help you become debt free! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com should you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

This is the best experience for me and my clients to help resolve their debt issues. They tell me that they can finally sleep at night. I would recommend this company to everyone. Please contact them to inquire how they may help you get a large peace of mind.

Dear Ms. Henderson,

Thank you for your kind review! We generally anticipate 4-6 months prior to the initial settlements being reached. If you have questions regarding the settlement time frames or process, please feel free to reach out to our Client Services department for assistance at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

I am satisfied with the way things are going but sure do wish that they would go faster. I'm tired of all these phone calls. I want to get everything over with and done and get my life back. I wish that I could give you more money each month but unable too.

Dear Ms. Scheffler,

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are ecstatic to hear about your success within the program thus far and look forward to your continued success. We understand the debt can be difficult to deal with but we will assist you every step of the way. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com should you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

Freedom has worked very hard to help reduce my horrible credit card situation. It's still fairly early in the process, and already they have negotiated over $2500 in savings for me. Thank you Freedom Debt Relief. JR in customer service was awesome, and very reassuring. I was embarrassed to admit how horrible my situation was, but JR made it easy.

Dear Mr. Ackendorf,

Thank you for your excellent review of both the company and also the Account Executives who assisted you! Our clients are our top priority and ensuring that you feel appreciated and respected is the main goal. Thank you for trusting us and allowing us to help you on your path to financial freedom!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

Nothing but good things to say! Angelica ** was a delight and guided me through the entire process and I could not be happier that this load was taken off my shoulders! Would definitely recommend your company to anyone who has overwhelming debt and is looking for relief!!

Hello Ms. James,

We are thrilled to receive your feedback! Our Client Services department strives to provide world class customer service to all of our clients and we are pleased to hear this has been your experience. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

This is a great company. The staff has worked tirelessly to resolve my debt issues. They have the best customer service. My debt is already reduced more than promised. All aspects of debt relief including legal support is included. I recommend Freedom to anyone needing help.

Hello Ms. Hill,

Thank you for your positive feedback! We are very happy to hear about the ease of our enrollment process and how helpful your Account Executive has been! We understand your hesitations with the credit rating but we provide all clients with information and resources to help make the rebuilding process go smoothly. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

My counselor was extremely helpful and explained everything in great detail. Made the whole process easy. I had thought long and hard about going into credit counseling because I was mostly concerned about my credit score but having surgery and going on temporary disability, resulting in a decrease of income made it necessary.

Dear Mr. Flores,

We are pleased to hear about the assistance you have received within our program. We work very hard to ensure our clients are able to receive not only debt relief, but also stress relief, as we want the program to feel easy for everyone. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

It was frightening to seek help from an outside company but our agent assured us that he would be with us every step during our process. He, Mr. Eli **, has done exactly that. Since my wife and I don't understand how the process does work and how to interpret the papers that we receive from creditors, he explains it to us in terms that we understand and guides us on the actions that we need to take. Also the Event Team has been much help and answers our concerns immediately. The legal team also made contact with us and it is a comfort knowing that they are available to address the legal issues that involve our case.

Dear Ms. Ohle,

Thank you for your great feedback! We greatly appreciate your referrals to friends and family who may be struggling with debt. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

Excellent. My debt is getting paid off faster than I expected. I would recommend Freedom Debt Relief to all my family and friends. I have already told many people how great freedom from debt is, and hope that they will try it.

Hello Mr. Bulawin,

We are pleased to hear about your success within our program. We work very hard to ensure our clients are able to receive not only debt relief, but also stress relief, as we want the program to feel easy for everyone. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

Very thankful for resolving my credit debts faster than I expected and in a shorter time! They handled the case professionally and have not encountered any technical problem. I was able to reduced my debts almost 50%! Now am stress free and I can regain my credits back again.

Dear Ms. Geathers,

We are so happy to receive your review and see how much success you have had within the program! Congratulations on becoming debt free!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

Contacting Freedom was one of the best decisions I have made. I will be out of debt not just sooner but without spending a high amount I would have. Thank you so much Freedom for all the help you are providing me.

Dear Mr. Burrows,

Thank you for your positive review! Our team of highly trained client advocates are always eager to assist and I am pleased to hear that you have received the utmost customer service.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

Freedom Debt Relief has helped me reduce my credit card debt by half. All of their customer service people are amazing and so friendly and professional. They are willing to listen and talk with you until all your questions (and fears) are answered. I am so grateful to them.

Dear Mr. Warren,

We appreciate your positive feedback! We are very happy to hear about your wonderful experience with JD and how that has continued to our Client Services department. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

I talked with JD first. He was very helpful and courteous. Everyone that I talked to was very polite and knowledgeable. They answered all my questions quickly. They all made the process very easy and quick. I would recommend Freedom Debt Relief to anyone that needs help. Thank you!

Resolution In Progress

Hello Ms. Fuller,

Thank you for your review! While we do our best to minimize creditor calls, we understand that sometimes they may continue. Our Client Services is available to discuss and review all options for minimizing, if not completely stopping, any calls that you are receiving. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

The only thing I could ask for is that Freedom contact my debtors and inform them of the plan. I am getting numerous phone calls (even tho I don't talk to them, they leave messages) and some have been turned over to collectors.

Resolution In Progress

Dear Ms. Meade,

We appreciate your feedback and we apologize for the disappointment you feel in the settlement that was reached on Discover. We would like the opportunity to review and discuss the account with you. Do you have a preferred time for a member of our Executive Services team to contact you?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

Freedom Debt Relief was very unresponsive when I had questions. They never approached Discover or American Express to try to settle. I was told that discussions would start once I had 25% in my account, which I had more than with respect to Discover. I was sued by Discover and now am being sued by American Express, so my account was moved over to National Litigation Group.

Despite doing nothing on this account and my resultant settlement with Discover for close to 83% of the enrolled balance (I had been told on the phone by a Freedom Debt Relief representative when I first signed up for the program, that they estimated my accounts would settle at about 50% plus the FDR fee, which was included in their calculation of my monthly payment amount), they still charged me the full 20% fee. So my debt reduction was $1659, but my settlement fee was $1841.07. On top of that I am paying monthly account fees of $7.25, monthly fees to National Litigation of $12.00 and a monthly $10.00 fee for 2 day mail for the Discover payment.

Despite being told by FDR that they estimated my accounts would settle at 50% and their knowledge that my creditors were Discover and American Express, when I was sued and my account was transferred to National Litigation, they told me that Discover and American Express rarely settled for less than 80% or slightly less if paid in a lump sum. This program has cost me more than I owed to Discover and I am likely on track for the same issue with my American Express debt, which will result in even worse financial hardship for me than I was in before I ever heard of or signed up with Freedom Debt Relief. I would not recommend them to anyone and am looking into reporting them to the Better Business Bureau or other agencies for their handling of my account and their charging me more than they saved me.

Dear Mr. Crane,

We are ecstatic to receive your review! We work hard to provide world class customer service to each client, along with multiple resources to manage and check on the status of your account within the program.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

I found the process simple and easy to do. I cannot say enough of the people that helped me through in resolving my debt. They were easy to talk to and gave me peace of mind. They also keep me well informed during the program with updates.

Dear Ms. Beckloff,

Thank you for your feedback! While we're happy to hear about your satisfaction with Freedom Debt Relief, we apologize for any inconvenience or confusion with your Account Executive being unavailable. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com to discuss Consolidation Plus, or if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

I have been very satisfied with Freedom Debt Relief. The only problem I have is that when I was approached by Consolidation Plus, the woman I started at Freedom Debt Relief (Sara **) was no longer there and when I stated my uncertainty with going with the loan, no one seemed to be able to advise me. I'm still not sure I made the right decision.

Hello Ms. Hartman,

Thank you for your kind review and congratulations on your initial settlement! We strive to provide the best possible experience to all clients and are happy to hear this is exemplary of your time with us thus far.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

FDR has been on top of my settlements! They had the first one settled the first month!! They have kept me informed all the way. They answer my questions and make me feel secure. The NLLG lawyer has advised me through the court case one if my creditors filed. I am very happy I took this step with FDR!!

Dear Mr. Cybulski,

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear about your success and experience with Freedom Debt Relief! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

The service was quick to get my debt settle and they were able to negotiate fair payoffs and were looking out for me by looking into ways to help get me out of debt quicker. They continue to look at way to better my credit by showing me tools and ways to improve my credit after the service.

Dear Ms. Davis,

Thank you for your wonderful review! Our Client Services department strives to provide world class customer service to each and every client. We look forward to also working with you through resolving any remaining enrolled debt. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

I have been so HAPPY so FAR with my progress and this company. I cannot wait to see the end results. Everyone that I have talked to have been great. What a great group of staff members. I wish I had done this a few years ago. I wish myself and the group all the luck.

Hello Ms. Machen,

Thank you for your kind and honest feedback about the program! Our negotiators do have a very efficient strategy for settling accounts and which are settled first and why. If you have questions about the settlement process or just in general, feel free to reach out to our Client Services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

Honestly, to date, Freedom has been very forthcoming with sharing information about their process and actions. The client dashboard is a tool which tells me the status of my file. I don't understand why the smaller accounts are done first. Now my largest account has a charge off, One of my accounts stated they will not work with a debt reduction company so I feel I should have been notified instead of allowing it to possibly allowing it to be "charged off". For the most part I am pleased with Freedom. They are professional and I appreciate the work they are doing.

They are reliable and trustworthy. FDR has put my financial worries to rest. They have kept the creditors away and I don't get harassing phone calls. Their simple plan to debt relief is easy and economical. As long as I stay on track I don't need to worry. Their financial tools have helped me stay on track.

Dear Mr. Francis,

Thank you for your kind review and congratulations on your first settlement! Rest assured our negotiators are working hard to obtain settlements on your remaining accounts. We look forward to your continued success within the program!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

We started our program almost a year ago and we have settled with one account and working on the second. It took us time to get in trouble with our credit and we know it takes time to get out of debt. We are very pleased with Freedom Debt and the progress they have made.

If you are reading this review, thank you for your time and I hope that this review helps you in your endeavor to find help with your current debt situation. My purpose is to share my experience and to help others be informed before making a crucial decision during such a vulnerable time. Freedom Debt Relief has left me frustrated and in a worse mess than when I began my journey with this company. As a single mother supporting 2 children, I feel extremely taken advantaged of.

I began doing business with Freedom Debt Relief (FDR) IN October of 2015. I was excited to start my journey to financial freedom. The initial process was pretty much effortless. Basically, they tell you to stop making payments to your creditors and instead make your payments into a Debt Settlement Account. I was told that this was my money. Like a savings account. If at anytime I wanted to opt out of the program, this money would be refunded back to me. So I did as they said and stopped making payments. I was also asked if I wanted to pay extra for legal representation just in case I was to be sued by any of my creditors and I took it. And good thing I did, because in May of 2016 I was served with papers stating that one of my creditors was suing me. I left the matter in FDR's hands. I paid for the service so why not.

In October of 2016, I called in to check status and I was told that FDR had come to a settlement with creditor. However, they did not have the settlement for me to see, because the creditor had not sent it yet. In December 2016, I received a call stating they received the settlement paperwork. At this point, I'm thinking that they had actually settled on a lower amount than I owed or something better than what I had. Once I received the so called settlement, I realized that I owed almost $2500 more than what I began the program with. Between the unpaid interest and attorney fees I was in a worse situation than when I began. I immediately questioned everything. All FDR did was get me a payment plan. I could have done the same thing. They settled absolutely nothing for me.

Once I realized I was not pursuing the settlement and wanted to pursue other avenues, I called and chose to opt out of the program. I was told that I would receive the money from my Debt Settlement Account into my bank account in 3-5 days. I had $2800 in my Debt Settlement account. Well by the third day, I called to check status of the money. I was told that Freedom Debt Relief was keeping the money, because they stated I agreed to the settlement. I did not do such thing. I actually sent a letter stating that I declined the settlement and I was pursuing bankruptcy. This whole situation began December 14, 2016. It is now January 11th, 2017 and I have yet to receive my money from my Debt Settlement account. Since then I have filed bankruptcy and if this isn't proof enough that I declined the settlement I don't know what is.

If you are considering Freedom Debt Relief, I hope this review helps you make the best decision that is right for you. I'm a single mother of 2. I was seeking help to find financial freedom. Instead I was put in a worse situation than when I started. I feel like I was taken advantage of and manipulated to think that they really wanted to help me. If this is how a company profits by lying, manipulating and taking advantage of people in such a vulnerable state, I would hope people would stay away. Thank you.

Freedom Debt Relief Company Profile