USAA Banking

San Antonio, TX

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Very disappointed at their insurance rates for auto and home. Better deal at GEICO. They also have some banking policies that are unfair to consumers and veterans. They hold monies too long on deposit transactions, even after they have clearly received the funds. It appears to be a high degree of distrust.

I am able to deposit my money quickly and it is available right away period. I have never been able to do this with any financial institution. They also refund ATM fees, which I thought was a thing of the past! You can also each expense and income.

Spoke to a loan officer for an auto loan. Everything seemed to go flawlessly. We discussed the amount (which was to cover taxes) and APR. I went on the computer with the officer on the phone and electronically signed for the amount and APR. I was told during the call that the money would be sent direct deposit to the dealership next day. Two days later I get a call from the car transportation company stating the dealership can't release the car to the driver because they haven't been paid. Called USAA and the rep told me they put a 48 hour hold on the funds because it was the end of the month and they are busy. This would have been nice to know. Now there's a driver waiting and I can't give a timeline. Now flags are raised and I ask about my loan. She tells me I'll find out my APR after the deposit is made to the dealership... WHAT?

What business practice is it to give you your APR % after the loan is finalized? Never heard of such nonsense. So they could just give me a 20% rate and I'm just supposed to take it? Now I just found out that the amount that I was approved for and signed for, isn't what I got. They gave me the amount of the car minus taxes. I specifically discussed this with them that I needed a loan for a larger amount that the car to pay the taxes. USAA is amateur hour. Every time I call there's a breakdown in communication.

This is a horrible bank. I closed a jumbo cd. They mailed me a check that is written to the wrong person. They made the check out to their employee. Again instead of making the check out to me they made it out to their employee. Horrible customer service. They have not corrected the problem.

Bought my first car. Loved my representative. Love my insurance payment. On time every month. I was tight with money so I waiting until the day before to use that damn app assuming it would do as you say it should do, access my account, CHECK, view balance and spending history, CHECK, sit for 7 hours watching the bank NOT accept my payment... I woke up early to make sure it sent because of course it should have being I had well over the amount to pay it. YOUR SIDE SCREWED UP. Your app is very poor, remove it if it's going to screw people over and cost them money. Every dollar counts for a young man getting out in the world. I thank you for ruining my day and causing drama in my life that was unneeded. Now I'm being told of course it's my fault, I'm not responsible enough. It's as if someone purposely took off just enough so it didn't go through.

I double checked, triple checked, never had problem before but now I'm not confident in USAA. Perhaps a slim few employees are actually helpful and the rest just want to get through the day. I want to pay my bills and when your software your company waits over 24 hours to receive my money, YOU RECEIVE IT BUT THEN UPON WAKING THIS MORNING IT'S SUDDENLY NOT PAID AND I'M IN THE RED. I would love this to be fixed, as I said again. I pay on time. I paid on time this time as well, almost 2 days before it was due. It should have been processed. I hope this is read and someone eventually picks up the phone. I would put no stars if I could because your little app has caused some serious trouble in my family. We all have USAA and being you're usually on top of your game I'm at blame.

I'm probably not going to get the help I deserve after all the other countless polite phone calls learning about USAA insurance all the goods to grow up and be independent. So again, thank you. If you do anything, fix that damn app. I'm not the only with the problem and my family and I have been with you for a long time and to have this happen angers me beyond belief, I had 90 paying 80 now I have 70 so explain who took money where is it going. That 10 will get me to work/school and I don't know if you know this but most students don't have much money and can't afford for the bank's app to ** up like this. What a way to start a day with an incompetent transfer of my money then charge me as if it's late. Unbelievable really.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USAA?

I received a call on my answering machine from a lady who, I think, identified herself as P__ and provided a phone number and a specific extension for me to call back. But when I attempted to call back, I provided my USAA member number and got past the robotic call screening, but then the switchboard operator would not connect me to the extension unless I provided additional information even though I had already provided my USAA member number. I've been a member almost fifty years and subscribe to multiple USAA products, but member service has deteriorated to the point I wish I had never gotten involved with USAA. Their motto is something like "We know how to serve", but the cold, hard fact is that they mostly serve themselves.

USAA does not represent the government at all. The banking dept should be completely shut down and they make the military look bad for business. They really needed to be boycotted. They close your account for no reason. They are full of crap. I would never, ever bank with them. They lie and give you the runaround. The banking dept is a scam and ripoff. They are full of crap. I really want to start a petition. I think people need to come together so their banking dept can stop ripping people off especially those they have served this country, put their life on the line to be mistreated.

I have been a USAA member for 15 years and always lauded this company's excellent customer service. In recent years, this has not been the case. First, I had issues with the auto insurance when my car got broken into and I needed new windows - they said they couldn't provide a rental vehicle because the car was still drivable - there was broken glass everywhere and they were ready to send me on the highway with shattered windows. Just last month I switched to a new credit card and the automatic payments I had set up did not transfer over. I had no idea of this until I received a late fee. I reached out and they refunded the fee recognizing the automatic payment should have transferred with the new card. I set up the automatic payment and thought I was all set until I received an even larger charge and a lowered credit score this month.

Apparently the automatic payments do not go into effect until a whole billing cycle later. I reached out and there was absolutely nothing they could do. USAA used to be a company that advocated on their customers' behalf, doing everything they can to help them succeed. Not anymore. Their service has declined and they don't have their customers' backs. It's upsetting because they were a company I could count on. I am totally disillusioned and frustrated with USAA and am contemplating taking my finances elsewhere.

My husband and I have been NFCU members for over 20 years. We were excited to see we could become members of USAA since we heard many positive things about them. We were slowly moving all our accounts over to them until we went through the refinance process and now we would never move our accounts! I first called USAA to refinance my mortgage in December. Today, a few hours before closing, they called my husband and told him it's not going to happen! 3 months of countless phone calls, emails, and faxes with completely incompetent people has made this experience miserable. They were constantly not getting things accomplished, getting defensive when asked, pointing fingers and having meltdowns. Finally, we get a closing date and we think all is well. It's just unfathomable to think a couple hours before close they cancel. Never again will I give USAA our business.

I feel like they need to do away with some of their policies. I have been labeled a convicted felon, yet I've never been in trouble with the law. So I am ineligible for a savings account for a crime I did not commit. I was told that my name would be cleared in 48 hours, yet 4 days later I'm still labeled a felon and they conveniently can't find any notes on my account saying that my name would be cleared. I've been given the runaround for over 2 1/2 hours and still was told that I'm guilty by association for a crime that happened over 12 years ago in a completely different state when I was in high school. I had not clue the crime had even occurred. Yet I'm labeled the felon.

All I was requesting was a savings account but because of this label, I was denied. I feel that their policies are unfair to those who are completely innocent. It was so easy for them to put a hold on my account but yet no one can figure out how to remove this "hold." So if you're looking for an honest bank that puts their members first, continue to look elsewhere because USAA is not a company I can recommend to anyone else.

So, firstly, we have been with USAA for over 20 years, both banking and insurance. Unfortunately, as time has gone on, we have become more and more disillusioned with this bank. We have a savings account and a checking account. However, this last time that we were going to buy a car the bank wanted to charge us almost 4% interest rate. I asked why that was. My husband has a credit rating of 798 and mine is 820, plus what we retain in our checking/savings account, plus the fact that we've been with them forever--have never been overdrawn, have never been late with our cc, insurance payments or car loan payments. So, what gives?!

We could not get a straight answer. So, as HORRIBLE as it is, we ended up going to a credit union that offered us 1.9% What did the credit union require from us (we felt there had to be a catch -- a $3,000 deposit, etc)? They required that each one of us open an account by depositing $1 (ONE DOLLAR). I asked how on earth they determined what Apr they would allow us, and the answer was, "your credit rating; we see that you've had excellent credit and that's all we need to base it on."

HOW ON EARTH can I be with a bank for over 20 years, never be overdrawn, have held more car loans than I can remember, paid insurance, and credit cards, without ever being late, and yet the best USAA could do for me is near 4%; while another banking institution, as stated above, who we have no history with, trust us more!!!

Disappointing to say the least! In addition, a lady hit our car (no license), and I had witnesses that I was stopped when she hit me. Yet, the other lady's insurance placed me at fault! When we called USAA, they said that no we weren't at fault, but that the other insurance had deemed we were so they must have listed it as such. What would USAA do for us to help us; fight for us? NOPE! Basically they said "Oh well, it's just the way it is and there's not much that we as customers can do about it." WTH do we have insurance for then?

So, even with witnesses there is an accident on my record in which I'm at fault because my insurance would do NOTHING to help me! Now, I have friends who work there, and they absolutely LOVE this bank, and as they've told me stories about their company parties and picnics, I can see why! Chicago (the band) was paid to come and play at one of their parties, along with many other perks! So, sad to say like many on here, as much as I would have recommended USAA years ago (even up to 3 years ago), now I say, "DON'T! Save yourself the headache and heartburn!" We've decided to go with GEICO for our insurance, and this credit union for our banking. We want to go where we matter and are treated well. --Quality of USAA has tanked!!!

USAA uses bait and switch tactics. Initially was told .99% and when I asked about why I was going to be charged 2.45%, I was told it was because of my credit wasn't good enough. I asked how much better than 817 credit score does one have to have in order to receive .99%. BTW, we've been with USAA almost 30 yrs!! We will NEVER again apply for a loan w/ USAA. The past few years they have been horrible and caught them making mistakes.

I've noticed that USAA's App re: Web Bill Pay indicating a payment was "sent" on 2/8/17 but today is 2/7/17. Thought to call to advise this technical error but their cust serv employees really don't care trying to bluff their way through conversations avoiding understanding to improve the quality of their company's performance. Pointed out that improvements should be noticed but they really don't care. Spent 30 minutes with banking pointing out this tech error trying to empathize sending a ticket for improvements then bounced to Web Service Bill Pay to spend another 15 minutes again to point out this tech inefficiency only for them to really think it's not an issue of importance.

I mentioned my Chase credit cards system is accurate by sending notifications before, during & after payments received as a comparison to others systems. Had to again try to convince sending an IT ticket for potential remedy where their system shouldn't say "sent" before the day even exists. They're just kids trying to get through the work day not understanding businesses aren't perfect & improvements should be paid attention to but they really don't care. You can asked each customer service individuals a direct question & instead of answering questions directly they dilly dally around avoiding answering. Sad. Never got an answer if a ticket number had been generated for proper documentation.

Called back 2 more times where the USAA web services tech dept simply hung up the phone instead of assisting. Last time someone finally answered but the rep couldn't reference any ticket number being generated today after I already spent an hours worth of time to simply relay an issue for USAA's own improvements. Sad company being handled by individuals who really don't care what's going on just collecting their pay checks. Good luck.

I have been a member of USAA for 10 years and have always enjoyed my experiences with them. However, due to some unfortunate events in my life I had to declare bankruptcy. Not only do they bar you from getting full access to your account for SEVEN years, they will not issue you any new banking products (no new checking, savings accounts, nothing). I completely understand not wanting to give me a new credit card based on my lending history. My situation though, was entirely reasonable.

I made a large deposit from a retirement account (luckily you get to keep those in bankruptcy) into my checking account so I could pay a large legal bill. The bill I needed to pay was larger than my $3,000 daily spending limit and due to my bankruptcy, they refused to increase my limit (even temporarily, as I explained I just needed to pay one bill and then they could drop it back down). The rep on the phone could clearly see that I had more than enough cash sitting in my checking account and yet would not let me access MY OWN MONEY because of my bankruptcy. They said that increasing my daily spending limit would be impossible for 7 years. This ended up causing huge problems for me, as being unable to have access to my own cash to pay this bill set in motion a very negative chain of events.

How could this organization which prides themselves on taking care of military families refuse to help them put their financial lives back together after a bankruptcy? I can't even get a secured credit card with them (the one where you pay them a deposit equal to your spending limit) for 7 more years! But worse, they won't let me access my own cash! How can you trust a bank that won't let you access your own money? I will be closing all my accounts immediately.

I have been with USAA for almost 40 years. Today we made the decision to move everything bank accounts, insurance, etc. out of USAA after a very bad experience with an overcharge on our daughter's debit card. Our daughter used her debit card at a store in the amount of $40.20 (she signed receipt). At the time she signed the receipt the amount was correct. When the debit was posted it was posted in the amount of $14,481.00. We immediately called the store and they issued a credit. It took one week for USAA to refund the money back to the account. They used every excuse in the book--saying at one time she authorized the charge. Totally not true. Since there is a $3,000 purchase limit by signature on a debit card we are having trouble understanding how this problem ever occurred.

USAA should have never allowed this charge to go through the account. What is more troubling is how difficult it was to get them to credit her account. USAA kept saying they did not have the refund authorization after the store offered to fax them a copy of the refund authorization. They insisted that the store issue another refund. Magically after our conversation with USAA and the store involved the money gets credited to the account. We have been told that USAA could have refunded that money immediately but chose not to do so. This left our daughter with no access to her checking or savings accounts for a week. No bills could be paid, no groceries, no gas, etc. It left her in quite a bind. I am sorry that USAA has chosen to do business like this. We are moving everything out of USAA and both daughters and their families are moving their accounts also. Not the same company it was a few years ago.

I am business owner who has used car dealership and offer service to USAA members. USAA offer Dealers Electronic Check as guaranty payment for members. On this form say that funds will be released within 24 hours of receipt of the form (Dealer electric Check) at USAA. All documents was faxed and verified of receipt by USAA on the 20th and today is 30th and no funds yet. Start calling on the 24th and getting the same respond that will get funded within 24 to 48 hours! What can you do and where can you go to get resolutions? Dealers beware of accepting these electronic checks, means nothing. I would have understand if there is any problem or issue with my transaction but holding my 17K money and not giving me a clear answer for the reason is a mystery!

An employer of mine provided 3 checks as payment – and each one bounced – total loss $6650. It took USAA 7 days to let me know the first check was not valid!!! In addition, when talking to a representative at USAA she convinced me to move my $10,000 savings from Chase to USAA when I explained I was concerned that my Chase account had been compromised also. USAA then proceeded to take a portion of my $10,000 and use it to cover the $6650 of bounced checks. Since when are we responsible for criminals who give us bad checks? They labeled it as a SCAM instead of FRAUD, and got themselves covered so they had zero losses. Further, they said now they are not responsible for helping get the money back. Really? To address this I must work with the local law enforcement, which I was doing anyway, however they are extremely busy and this avenue DOES NOT RELEASE USAA.

I've been with USAA for 7 years. Mom was Air Force, so she got me the account when I went off to school so I could have a debit card and not just deal with cash. That being said, they treat me like a criminal, an idiot, and a person with buckets of money to just fling around. Several things have gone on. Firstly, I have their mobile app. I check my balance regularly. REGULARLY. Like every few hours! I'll check before I go grocery shopping and have $500. I'll spend $50. I'll come out and be overdrawn the next day without spending another penny after that. Why? "Oh, well your previous purchases have just processed!" Umm... It's a debit card. This is a mobile app. These things are supposed to reflect changes in real time.

I've had about 10 different issues with fraudulent ATM withdrawals in the past six months. They put the money back, but it takes forever. They also shut off my debit card (for good reason), but unless I remind them that it's my ONLY way of paying for things right now, they try to ship it via regular mail.I. E. It takes "7-10 business days" to get here. Tack on a weekend, and it's two weeks before I can spend a single penny of my own money. So I tell them they need to make it priority mail. Okay. 2-3 business days. Except today is Friday, which means I won't get it until Wednesday or Thursday. Without even asking if I need to withdraw cash first, the representative I'm on the phone with about this crap just shuts down the debit card. I have about an eighth of a tank of gas, $5 cash, and almost no food in my apartment. How exactly am I expected to eat, get to work, and buy groceries? They don't care. "The process is irreversible. Thanks."

The saga continues! They willy-nilly decide when they will put a hold on my funds. I deposit checks through the mobile app because I live nowhere near a physical location of theirs. Usually it's no problem. In fact, my boyfriend got a $2400 check and signed it over to me. I deposited that via mobile with zero issues. A few months later, I have a $50 check to deposit. They try to put a hold on my account. Umm... "Thanks, but I need this money NOW in order to pay YOU for my credit card bill!" They keep doing this lately. I call to try to understand when and why they put holds on things. The guy just keeps saying that USAA reserves the right to do that when the computer's algorithm says to. No details. Nothing. Then I say, "But you're not explaining anything. I need to know what situations make this happen so I can avoid them when I'm in a hurry!" He hangs up.

I'm sick and tired of paying bills only to have USAA wait 7+ days to actually make the payment. By that time, I've assumed the money has come out and buy my gas and groceries as usual. Then I overdraft. Then the payment bounces, and whomever I'm paying charges me a fee for insufficient funds. Then USAA charges me overdraft fees on top of that even though they are the ones doing this to me. Multiple times in the last few months, I have found myself donating plasma in desperation for some money to eat and buy gas because my account was in the negative even though I had several hundred dollars less than twelve hours prior.

It gets better, though! I had just moved last July, and my previous landlord basically extorted me for $1200. Then one of my housemates stole $300 cash from me, so I'm out $1500 plus whatever I spent moving out of the old and into the new. I'm in orientation for my new job, and I decide to check my account to see how much I can spend on gas that day. I'm in the negative. Why? So I call them up while I'm supposed to be working, and they keep running me in circles. I finally figure out that although I spent money at Walmart DAYS ago, the money is JUST NOW coming out of my account. Again.

So there's no way to remedy that, so I say, "I'm desperate. I have nothing, and I need to drive 40 minutes one way to orientation every day this week. My first paycheck doesn't come for another 2.5 weeks." The woman suggests a personal loan. "How much are you looking to borrow?" I say, "$1,000 at most!" Silence. "Oh, well our smallest loans start at $2500, but you could borrow that much and immediately pay off what you don't need." "Alright. Let's do it." "Oh, sorry. You're being denied due to insufficient credit history." I've been a customer for SEVEN YEARS, and I had just gotten the credit card a year and a half ago. Not a single payment had been late up until that point, and I would pay off the entire balance every time. But sorry, that's not good enough for USAA!

She then suggests I try to open a second credit card with them and happily transfers me to the correct department. The next woman runs my information through and once again, I am denied. Except this time they don't explain. I'm just not qualified enough for a second credit card, so I get to starve and lose my new job because I can't get to it without gas in my car. It all managed to work out, but I had to borrow money from my family to make things work. It was terrible. I can't wait to find a new (hopefully local) bank to do my business with. USAA has stolen enough of my time, sanity, energy, and (most importantly) money. You should be ashamed of yourselves, USAA.

When I had just graduated college and commissioned, I was moving so I did a loan through USAA. If I could go back in time, I would have never taken it out. I had to go through so much just to get someone to actually help me with getting the loan. Every time I would call, I got taken around in loops just to get the loan. Getting the loan required me to open an account with them. One day, while I was out, they mysteriously shut my card off. I called them several times to get the issue taken care of and again no one was able to help me. After a week, I finally managed to get someone to help. Once I finish paying this loan off with them, I AM DONE WITH USAA! I STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO ANYONE WHO IS READING REVIEW TO STAY AWAY! THEY ARE A TERRIBLE ORGANIZATION!

Worse customer service I have ever encountered. Opened Checking & Savings account 1 month ago. Still have not received checks ordered same time opened account. With apologies from two different representatives on two separate calls, I still have not received correct check order. That's just one simple issue I have experienced. Don't know how people can be confident in the handling of their funds by these goofballs. Closing all my accounts with this poor excuse of a financial institution, especially after reading all of these complaints from customers that have experienced far worse than what I have gone through.

I have been with USAA since 2001 and have been a loyal customer since then. What happened recently made me so disgusted with them as I have never experienced this before. I opened a checking and saving account around May of 2016. Approx September or October I attempted to transfer 200 dollars several time and the app makes mistakes and keep telling me bank administrator. I had money in my account, and I was dealing with a health problem so I did not call them right away. Well when I finally decided to call them they told me that my account was charged off. I told them "How could that happen if I had money in my account."

I spoke to several supervisor that did not help me. As well as one of the supervisor further looked into my account and transferred me to another department and told me that there was a block on my account from 2003 because USAA has not transitioned my account from the old system to the new system that they had. They said that I scheduled a payment with a tablet which I don't have. I always pay via the phone. Well they reverses all the overdraft charges but the account charge off still remained. Even if a payment was prompted if I was allowed to transfer money in my account this would have never happened. And to top it off the supervisor told me that after the payment was reverse that this would not affect me in any way. She then proceeded to tell me just open another checking account. She is a supervisor in banking and should have advised me to wait a few weeks before attempting to open a new checking account.

She send me to open a new account and I was denied opening a checking account because of unfavorable business with a financial institution. When I called them back to get this resolved because the bank made the error, they did nothing. I am so upset and disgusted with this situation. Banks do what they want and they don't have any accountability for what they do.

My son signed up for a checking and savings account with USAA when he joined the Army. Upon signing up he gave them permission to take a total of $50 out of his joint account with me at huntington $25 to start each account... Well he's goes to boot camp unable to have any contact with me or anyone from the outside world and I notice they took $50 out twice and $25 out 4 times.

I call them thinking they are military friendly and said there must be a mistake. You don't have to give me any information but please look into this and make it right. They tell me my son needs to call?! "Ma'am he is in basic training and I don't know if I will speak to him for 3 months! I just want to let you know something is wrong on your end and they are taking money out of my account." She says "I can't help you"... click! If I didn't catch it how long would have it went on? In 3 months from now would he even have noticed? How many others have they done this to who weren't still on their parents' accounts? I would let my Dog do business with them. If I could give them negative stars I would... They don't deserve 1!

In six years of banking with USAA I cannot remember ever overdrafting. I know what I have in my account, and if there is an issue I deposit to cover it or I move money from my savings over to cover it. Lately, they have been shuffling transactions. Yesterday, I checked my account balance while at Target on my mobile app. I had $620 in there. I spent $100. I knew my car payment was scheduled, so I went home and moved $98 from savings to checking. I had $718 in my account when I went to bed and $0 in my savings.

My account was sure busy overnight. I woke up to a $98 balance. All of the transactions for my car payment and a few other bills are now showing as processed yesterday. The account overdrafted yesterday, and $48 was moved from savings to checking to cover it, yesterday. The transfer I made from savings to checking to cover my Target purchase is showing today. This overdrafted my savings also, and now that is showing a negative balance of $48.

How exactly do transactions happen and then not show up on an account until the next day, complete with overdraft fees and shuffling? It is truly amazing the lengths USAA is going to, to steal ($70 in this case since they managed to overdraft two accounts with their transaction shuffling) money from us. I spoke to Joshua ** in the CEO's office and he informed me that USAA processes transactions from highest to lowest (this practice is called shuffling and harms the consumer intentionally to incur the maximum amount of overdraft fees for the bank). I had to explain why I was so upset about four times before he understood the issue, and then he proceeded to hang up on me. I tried to call back and got voicemail.

This is a bank marketed to active duty and veteran service members. As such, they should hold themselves to a higher standard. They used to. In the last six months they have gone straight downhill. I am working on finding a new bank, and I would recommend that every other USAA member do the same. These practices are egregious. I am looking for a class action attorney in Arizona, and I have screenshots to show this retroactive account rearranging. I am a disabled veteran and the stress these practices are causing me is unpardonable.

We have a checking account with them. We direct deposit our paychecks but sometimes if we need to put cash in the account we will use a money order. They place a hold on your funds. They are the worst bank I have dealt with. We cancelled our car insurance, homeowners insurance and are in the process of closing the checking account!! Don't bank with them. To think they are a military bank too!

I have Been a Customer for 19 Years with Four USAA Products. They Cancelled my Credit Card and I had it set on auto deduct from their Bank. I missed one Payment for a day or so. They said it wouldn't have closed for that The Real Problem was with their System Algorithm. Their minimum payment wasn't high enough on my CD secured credit card for the interest on the card made making my balance go over my limit. "Their" set minimum. So their set regulated minimum payment should have been higher to offset that. But they set the minimum and I was paying it automatically out of my account their own bank.

I did not know this was going on until I called them with another problem with my checking account and during the call I asked them about how to up the payment amount on my card so I could pay it off faster. I had tried a couple of times earlier but it was so hidden in their website I could not find it. At that point they notified me that that card had been Closed. They could not see why as I payed it every month out of my USAA checking Automatically and they said the one time I was a day or so late they said that would have not closed it. She sent me supervisor and it went up and up and up the chain to Executive Resolution. They all agree that that should not have been closed. They said they would have to investigate it further and would call me back.

Well that phone call was over an hour long and I had to call 7 more times over 8 months and the same things happened. I nobody helped me. They all lied to me wasted my time. Said they would call back, did so, I was by the phone - their game is to let it ring and then hang up so by the time you answer you have a missed call but it shows on their end that they tried to call.

So After more than Seven hours of angering phone calls wasting my time away from my Job. They did not end up doing anything to resolve their mistake. This whole thing started in about April of last year. I put it aside as I was going to get my lawyer on it, but I couldn't find the time to get all docs together and frankly didn't want to waste more energy and anger on this.

So now it is Christmas Eve Eve 2016 and I call because I am still making the payments on a card I cannot use and that has affected my credit showing I have a closed account. Today I called to change the date those payments come out of my account... and they told me I could not! Because the card was closed! Right now I am seething! I Told them the whole story again. It's all in the notes. I told them I don't deserve to be treated this way after 19 years and having car insurance sometimes on 3 cars + Renters Insurance + Banking 1 + Credit Card. Today they said the same thing after being on the phone with them for over an hour and seething agree, I told them am going to sue and also for suffering through all this jerking around they did to me. THEN ALL OF THE SUDDEN SOMEONE SAID - "Oh I see here you were late one time for two months"!!! that is a Flat out Lie!!!

I got that card to improve my credit and I would not have done that and did not do that and every person out of 7 calls and seven hours and probably like 35 people never said that until I "Threatened"! to sue. They said it was my fault and that they can clearly see it. The girl today said "Oh I was just looking at this year 2016 but this happened back in 2015. I didn't go back that far." BULL. This whole thing started with my call for almost a year, and EVERY person probably out of 35 people I talked to as it went up the chain of supervisors, every time. Never once did someone say that I was Late for over two months. And even that it was easily Seen! I Have had a lot of problems with USAA Bank As Well spending more hours on the phone with them. Worst customer service surpassing Cable companies!

Bank constantly plays with checking account dates and balances to charge max fees as possible. Call into the bank customer service they can never answer your question. Total rip-off of military and former military - selling their services veteran-friendly when really they're just a scam.

To be a military banking service, it sure is difficult to receive approval for a personal loan to consolidate debt from USAA. I recently bought a home, and I wanted to utilize a personal loan from USAA to pay off a credit card and a furniture loan. The interest rates are killing me for these 2 debts, 16.5% and 21%. I know my credit score is not the best of the best, but it is not bad either. I make sure I pay my bills every months too. So, it would be nice if USAA would take the extra leap to help Veterans like myself instead of letting the computer decide for them.

As a Real Estate agent, I am tired of trying to save deals that USAA drops. The buyers are always frustrated and even in tears at times, because their customer service is absolutely horrible. They keep changing loan service people several times. You never know, who you are talking to. Sometimes they just disappear or get fired! Loans get dropped right before closing. Please DO NOT ever use USAA or any other online lenders for your home loan! Ever! Local lender will stay with you from the beginning to end and they will make the process nice and smooth. Take it from a Realtor!

On September 27th, 2016 I begin the home refinance process with USAA under the VA streamline or IRRRL program. After comparing and checking with various competitors, the decision to go with USAA was based on several factors (one of which was not the lowest interest rate as several other competitors offered a lower rate). The process kept having snags, questions and challenging aspects from the very beginning. The issues ranged from issues with credit to status of current mortgage to divorce decree validation and proof (I am not divorced so the fact this documentation was being requested should have been the red flag to bail).

After months of underwriter rejections and problem after painful problem and personal hours of negotiating and acting as my own representative with my current mortgage company on behalf of USAA (due to their inability to execute simple, everyday mortgage refinance requirements) I finally thought the end was in sight.

On Tuesday, 29 November I was notified by the mortgage processor from USAA that only two more things were required for the process to move on to the final step and then closing. First, there was a requirement to conduct a 3-way conference call (the 3rd such call requesting the exact same information) with a third party contractor with my current mortgage company, working on behalf of USAA to verify no late payments for the last 12 months. The call went without a hitch and the status of the account was verified with no missed or late payments for the last twelve months.

Second, was a payoff statement, the second one within the last two weeks. I personally called my current mortgage company and expedited the process and had the statement in my possession within 30 minutes. Even though USAA had verbal and written 3rd party authorization to this information, they could never obtain the payoff statement without my intervening. I spoke with my mortgage processor from USAA on Wednesday, 30th of November to verify all required actions and paperwork was in receipt. She assured me all was set and ready to go back over to the underwriters for final review. On Thursday morning, approximately 9:30 am, I received a phone call informing me that underwriting had rejected the loan because my wife was NOT on the title and that the entire process needed to start over. WHAT!?! I could NOT believe what I had just heard!

This process was now in the third month and just now someone notices that my wife in not on the title therefore making all the efforts and time spent worthless, null, and void. Probably the most frustrating aspect of the entire debacle is that my locked in interest rate from September of 2.875% no longer exists. I sent an interest lock extension request on Friday, 02 December in an effort to protect my rate as my current lock does not expire until the 12th of December. So far, I have received no response. USAA is a financial institution specifically designed to cater to and provide specialized and customized service to men and women in the military. After 21 years of faithful and dedicated service to my country, this is the treatment that I receive. I have never been so disappointed with ANY service received from a company in the course business negotiations in my 53 years of existence.

I opened a USAA Bank account from my father, my account was closed and the money that was in my account will be mailed to me. I informed the customer service rep that the particular address on file I am no longer there because I had a house fire prior to this issue. She made a note in the system however they did send it to the address I requested them not to send to.

Call after call, checking to see if it was cashed they then informed me I had to wait 90 days for a stop payment to be issued and for another check to be sent to me. I wait those somewhat 90 days on 11/7/2016 I called USAA regarding my money for them to tell me I had to fill out a DOL form. Fax that information over. On 11/8/2016 USAA issued a check to me on 11/14/2016. I received that check and mobile deposited it into my account on 11/15/2016. On 11/19/2016 I go to my account and the money was deducted from my account. When I called my bank she informed me it was a stop payment on that check and to reach out to USAA regarding it. Once I did this USAA tells me the check is good and there is no stop payment on the check to go inside the branch and deposit the check with a teller.

On Monday I did just that and yet again that Friday it bounced so not only am I negative in my account, I am also getting fees for returned check. When I called USAA again, they are telling me the same thing, no stop payment on that check. Blah Blah! However they will reach out to Chase Bank regarding the check. They will call me on Monday. However Monday rolled around and no one called. I called them for them to tell me again there is no stop payment on the check and it's under investigation.

Tuesday, 11/29/2016 I faxed over documentation to USAA stating this is a stop payment on this check and I will not wait another 90 days for their mistake. When I did this I called to make sure they received that doc and LO and behold someone then says after reviewing this information when you did the DOL on 11/7/2016. There was another one on 11/9/2016 that has this check number on there. We are working with Chase Bank to reverse the hold and it will take a total of 2 business days. However in the midst of this what do I do regarding those fees and this check that my bank no longer has because of USAA? THIS COMPANY SUCKS AND I WISH I NEVER HAD ANY DEALINGS WITH THEM!!

USAA Banking Company Profile