USAA Banking

San Antonio, TX

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

On September 27th, 2016 I begin the home refinance process with USAA under the VA streamline or IRRRL program. After comparing and checking with various competitors, the decision to go with USAA was based on several factors (one of which was not the lowest interest rate as several other competitors offered a lower rate). The process kept having snags, questions and challenging aspects from the very beginning. The issues ranged from issues with credit to status of current mortgage to divorce decree validation and proof (I am not divorced so the fact this documentation was being requested should have been the red flag to bail).

After months of underwriter rejections and problem after painful problem and personal hours of negotiating and acting as my own representative with my current mortgage company on behalf of USAA (due to their inability to execute simple, everyday mortgage refinance requirements) I finally thought the end was in sight.

On Tuesday, 29 November I was notified by the mortgage processor from USAA that only two more things were required for the process to move on to the final step and then closing. First, there was a requirement to conduct a 3-way conference call (the 3rd such call requesting the exact same information) with a third party contractor with my current mortgage company, working on behalf of USAA to verify no late payments for the last 12 months. The call went without a hitch and the status of the account was verified with no missed or late payments for the last twelve months.

Second, was a payoff statement, the second one within the last two weeks. I personally called my current mortgage company and expedited the process and had the statement in my possession within 30 minutes. Even though USAA had verbal and written 3rd party authorization to this information, they could never obtain the payoff statement without my intervening. I spoke with my mortgage processor from USAA on Wednesday, 30th of November to verify all required actions and paperwork was in receipt. She assured me all was set and ready to go back over to the underwriters for final review. On Thursday morning, approximately 9:30 am, I received a phone call informing me that underwriting had rejected the loan because my wife was NOT on the title and that the entire process needed to start over. WHAT!?! I could NOT believe what I had just heard!

This process was now in the third month and just now someone notices that my wife in not on the title therefore making all the efforts and time spent worthless, null, and void. Probably the most frustrating aspect of the entire debacle is that my locked in interest rate from September of 2.875% no longer exists. I sent an interest lock extension request on Friday, 02 December in an effort to protect my rate as my current lock does not expire until the 12th of December. So far, I have received no response. USAA is a financial institution specifically designed to cater to and provide specialized and customized service to men and women in the military. After 21 years of faithful and dedicated service to my country, this is the treatment that I receive. I have never been so disappointed with ANY service received from a company in the course business negotiations in my 53 years of existence.

I opened a USAA Bank account from my father, my account was closed and the money that was in my account will be mailed to me. I informed the customer service rep that the particular address on file I am no longer there because I had a house fire prior to this issue. She made a note in the system however they did send it to the address I requested them not to send to.

Call after call, checking to see if it was cashed they then informed me I had to wait 90 days for a stop payment to be issued and for another check to be sent to me. I wait those somewhat 90 days on 11/7/2016 I called USAA regarding my money for them to tell me I had to fill out a DOL form. Fax that information over. On 11/8/2016 USAA issued a check to me on 11/14/2016. I received that check and mobile deposited it into my account on 11/15/2016. On 11/19/2016 I go to my account and the money was deducted from my account. When I called my bank she informed me it was a stop payment on that check and to reach out to USAA regarding it. Once I did this USAA tells me the check is good and there is no stop payment on the check to go inside the branch and deposit the check with a teller.

On Monday I did just that and yet again that Friday it bounced so not only am I negative in my account, I am also getting fees for returned check. When I called USAA again, they are telling me the same thing, no stop payment on that check. Blah Blah! However they will reach out to Chase Bank regarding the check. They will call me on Monday. However Monday rolled around and no one called. I called them for them to tell me again there is no stop payment on the check and it's under investigation.

Tuesday, 11/29/2016 I faxed over documentation to USAA stating this is a stop payment on this check and I will not wait another 90 days for their mistake. When I did this I called to make sure they received that doc and LO and behold someone then says after reviewing this information when you did the DOL on 11/7/2016. There was another one on 11/9/2016 that has this check number on there. We are working with Chase Bank to reverse the hold and it will take a total of 2 business days. However in the midst of this what do I do regarding those fees and this check that my bank no longer has because of USAA? THIS COMPANY SUCKS AND I WISH I NEVER HAD ANY DEALINGS WITH THEM!!

I am writing a review of USAA Banking because of my mother. Since my father passed away in August 2016, a family member decided that he was going to invest my mother's money without her consent. When my mother went to her bank and requested assistance in getting her money ($46,000.00) back from USAA, USAA assured her that she would have her money back within a week. It has now been one month. Every time we speak with a USAA Agent, we are told that we should hear something within 3 days. Three days being the magic number for USAA.

All they do is question my mother about past births and employment, and then nobody can give her a definite date as to when she will get her money back. They didn't have any problem accepting her money. Why is there such a problem returning this elderly woman's money? All they do is make her cry. This should not be happening. This is a horrible way to treat an elderly woman who is grieving the loss of a husband, and was being scammed by a family member. Shame on USAA!!!

For over 30 years I have been able to get the lowest rates through dozens of different banks. USAA shows their best rates for excellent credit. Several years ago I called USAA about a loan and they quoted me the lowest rate as advertised on their website. I wrote down the info. I called USAA about a week later to get the loan. The customer service rep told me they could give me a rate that was about 1% higher than what they quoted me. I questioned them and told them I wrote down the previous loan amount and asked them to listen to the phone conversation which they recorded. They ended up giving me the rate they originally quoted me.

Fast forward to recent weeks. I viewed rates for excellent credit and applied on a Sunday through the internet. Within 5 minutes it gave me a tentative quote. The rate was higher so I called USAA. The customer service person told me that she cannot give me the excellent credit website rate because the computer generated rate is what I get. I asked her why and it was like pulling teeth to get an answer, which she got off the computer generated response. The responses were so ridiculous. I have never been told and denied higher rates for those reasons in 30+ years. The customer service person finally told me that if I can get a lower rate at another bank, that they could probably lower my rate to what they offered. I said "really", that makes no sense. (How about giving me the lowest rate right now). Right now I feel that the loan department is a shady operation. The bottom line is that I will go elsewhere to get a loan.

I was never told that if you use your debit card at an ATM that mind you not DOES NOT charge you a fee but after 10 uses at the free ATM USAA will start charging you $2 per ATM use. It's pretty sad when a bank that I don't even bank with doesn't charge me a fee but the bank I have 3 accounts with does!!! USAA is a horrible, horrible Bank. In 2 years I've had nothing but problems with them. I'd rather pay a bank $100 a month for an account fee than to stay with joke USAA Federal Savings Bank!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USAA?

So my husband was very excited to start a USAA checking account since we already have car insurance through them. It's been hell. He opened it up and deposited his paycheck. They decided to hold it for a week. We had no debit cards cause they took 10 days to speed it to us and just gave us one, so now either me or hubby has no debit card. Not to mention the checks never showed, and they said they were free and they weren't.

Now here we are onto his second paycheck and automatically it's being held for a week. And the kicker is it's not in our account, even as being held and so who knows where it is. Thousands of dollars just poof. They told hubby they don't see it anyways. So now we're in Limbo and I'm having to re deposit his check into our shared local bank. What a mess. We're in the middle of buying a house and this is just crazy. They hold everyone's money and get away with this? I don't understand how they even have customers. Hubby works his butt off just to not get his money and now in this case 0.00? So we are withdrawing our remaining funds out of this new checking account and will NEVER EVER use them again. I highly warn anyone against using them.

I received a letter in the mail today concerning an Amendment to USAA Federal Savings Bank Depository Agreement and Disclosure. The letter states, for inactive accounts greater than a year "FSB may be required to turn over account funds to the state if the account remains inactive... FSB reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse withdrawals or transfers from inactive accounts." In other words, USAA can steal your money if you do not make a withdrawal or a deposit within one year. I called a representative about this matter, and he confirmed this change. I asked the representative what is the state, and he said it was the Federal Government. I have savings accounts for my children for college that have little activity. I am going to stop banking with USAA because of this. I will continue to use their insurance services.

Back in August 9 2016, I realize something suspicious was going on with my account while I was at work. When I check it I had a large lump sum of money in it. At that moment I was happy, because I thought my VA disability compensation was finalized and I received my back pay. The next morning I got up for work I realized my debit card was missing and didn't know what happen to it. I looked around my house and in my vehicles and didn't find it. So when I got to work, I went online and reported my debit card missing. Once I finished that I took another look at my checking account and that's when I realized that the money that was in my account the day before was missing. It had been withdrawn from two banks in Chicago, Illinois, that I was later told by the representatives from USAA, but in my Saving I notice that there was $5000 in it.

This had me confused and I didn't know what's was going on, but I did know that that money didn't belong in my Saving Account because I didn't put it there. So I started changing all my online password, security question and called USAA to report suspicious things going on with my account. I told them about the money that was in my Checking Account that was there that day and withdrawn by the next day and I also told them about the money that was in my Saving Account. They said they would take a look at it and call me back. They locked my accounts for security reason while they investigated, so I had no access to my account.

I waited a few days for their call and never heard anything back, so I call them. After being on hold for long periods of times and being transferred to 10 different Representatives, someone finally explained to me that it was fraud on my account and that they were send it to the fraud department to be look at and that I should hear from them in a week. I then explain to them that I had money in that account and I need access. They said, that's not going to happen, due to security reason, my account was locked and that I would hear from them in a week. I said ok, so I waited a week no call, so I decide to wait a few more days, still no call, so I decide to go ahead and call them.

After long periods of waits, they finally directed me to the fraud department and start explaining what they believe had happen. They went on by saying that checks which were money order from Hawaii was deposit into my Checking and Saving Account and then withdrawn in Chicago. I asked how was that possible I stay in Texarkana, Texas. They said somehow some way someone got my information, deposited checks in my account through the mobile and withdrew the money. So at this time I'm upset not think straight because my money from the VA is about to go direct deposit into that account and my check from my job. So I asked what's going to happen to my account and they said more than likely it's going to be closed and that I should filed a police report and that someone from the fraud department will be calling me back in a couple of days to explain in detail what's going on.

Once again I'm waiting on them to call me and while I'm waiting I go file a police report. That next day I get a letter in the mail from USAA saying, "We can no longer do business with you, after we determine that you deposited fraudulent checks in your account". That the trust between myself and the bank had been broken and that effectively October 23, 2016, USAA auto insurance and Homeowner insurance can no longer do business with me. So from me being a victim of identity theft, USAA turned it all around and blame me, said it was my fault for what happen. I called them to speak to someone about this matter. After being hung up on 3 times and on hold longer than 30 minutes, I was finally able to talk to someone.

With me being angry at this time I asked them why in the hell would I fraud myself. I had been with USAA for 8 years. I have a Checking account, a Saving account, my truck is financed through them, I have auto and homeowner insurance through them and my VA checks and checks from my job are directly deposited into my account, so why would I do that to myself knowing it's a federal crime, plus I works for the federal government. They start explaining maybe I gave my information out to a stranger in return of getting money. I told them do they think I'm that stupid that I would give out my information for something that would ruin me, my credit and my job, and that they wasn't making any sense.

Then they said well it got out somehow and their decision is final. They said that they wasn't going to argue because USAA and their system has never been breached and that it doesn't matter what I say the decision is final. So I ask if they were going to even take the police report, they said yes and gave me a fax number to send it to. I faxed the police report to them and put attention to fraud department and then call back asking about my money that went into that account. The representative told me that my money that was direct deposited into that account is now part of them collecting the fraud. At this moment, I'm upset so I tell them if they going to accuse me of something that I didn't do that they can at least give me copies of all the fraudulent checks so I can give them to police.

The representative said they would and asked how would I like to receive them. I said fax them to me and they agreed, so I give them the fax number and then they put me on hold for about 20 minutes and then gets back on the phone and says it's going to take a couple days before I can receive them. I asking them what's the purpose of me giving you the fax number if you can't fax it to me today. They went on talking about thing like these take time to fax out, basically give me a bunch of bologna, so I hung up and report that conversation to the police because I felt like they were doing something suspicious. A couple of days go by and copies of the fraud checks come in the mail but it was only 3 of them, so called back to see why I didn't receive all them.

The representative said that that was all they could send. I told them that wasn't what I was told when I asked for them. Then they said well that is it and I said fine and I asked did they receive the police report I faxed them. They put me on hold for 30 minutes and then said no, they haven't receive anything and asked where did I send it to. I told them the Fraud Department where they told me to send it. They put me on hold for another 20 minutes and said, "No we didn't receive anything", and I told them that it was strange because I have a confirmation page saying that you received it but I can send it again. They said, "No that's ok, we really don't need a police report and if we do we can get one online".

So after talking to them, I took the copies of the fraudulent checks and a copy of the confirmation page to the police station and told them that I request copies of all the fraudulent checks but they only sent me 3 and the detective said that's fine, since they won't send it, they will subpoena it and other information. I realize a lot of people out there think USAA is just the greatest bank in world because of their low insurance, well I did too. People please don't get fool by USAA, they are crooks and you may say to yourself that this will never happen to you, because USAA treats you good. Well that is their job until something like this happen. I have never been hung up on, put on hold and disrespect by anybody or company like I have with USAA after this identity theft happen and it never happen before then with them, so that should tell everyone something. USAA is for USAA.

I have never done banking with USAA, but I do have car insurance, renter's insurance, roadside assistance, and jewelry insurance with them. I have insurance on both of the cars and I pay them $63 a month. They are cheap if you own your car and don't have an auto loan. I also have dental insurance from a third party they referred me to. The dental insurance for both my husband and I are only $56 total. It covers 80% of regular dental, 50% emergency or irregular cost, as well as 2 free cleanings and exams a year. Also, 1 x-ray a year. I don't want to switch my bank I have right now and the only reason why I am not banking with them. My brother is active duty and loves USAA banking and is very easy for him to use. My dad has used it too.

Recently received an email (9/28/16) from USAA about changing their debit card system from Mastercard to Visa. The email stated that I could use the old card until November 11-16. On October 3rd (4 days later), I tried to use the card at a ATM machine at my local bank - the card was rejected. Called USAA, their representative stated that the bank closed the Mastercard system early... If I needed a card, they would express mail me one. Now I am left with no card. There are going to be more unhappy customers at USAA. USAA has great auto insurance, but I question their banking... this is from a former Asst Federal bank examiner. Have original email and ATM rejection slips.

I have been a member of USAA for 32 years. I have enjoyed their car insurance, customer service and mortgage service in the past. But as of today, I would like to close all my accounts with them. I have banking, savings, mortgage, car insurance, and life insurance all with USAA. Today, I had to deal with their new mortgage server, Nationstar. First, they are a debt collector and state that firstly as you are being connected. I was reaching out to find what had happen to our Loss Department claim, that I had flied with them on 12 August of this year. We had hail damage from a hail storm in July. Nationstar did not have any claim on file. Nationstar started to question why I had sent the check and documentation to the other service company instead of Nationstar, I explained they had not been the USAA Mortgage service company at the time of claim.

Nationstar then explained they would have to restart the claim. Although Nationstar had found where my check had been deposited. They proceeded to state that they needed extra documentation completed other than what I had done previously. I asked why I had to start over when the claim had been filed 12 August and now it was the 30th of September. Because Nationstar lacked documentation. As I pointed out USAA had received the documentation because they had deposited the check; the check was in the packet of documentation I had sent to USAA. So seeing it was not fault of mine that they lost the documentation at the turnover of servers. I do not see why Nationstar could not release 40% of funds so I could pay my roof contractor. But I was informed the funds would be held by Nationstar until I resubmitted the required documentation. I spent 30 minutes speaking with this group of debt collectors.

I feel completely abandon by USAA. Called USAA banking/Mortgage to file a complaint and was told by the gentleman I was speaking with that he had spoken with Nationstar over 200 times and the experience was great and all mortgage companies identify as debt collectors. I explained I have had four mortgages in my life and not once until today did they ever identify as a debt collector. So with all this said, I now must start all over with my claim and resubmit all documentation plus the two new documents Nationstar requires. I have a new roof but cannot pay the roofer as of today. I looked of reviews for Nationstar and found that they had a one star rating for the last four years. I do not know why USAA hired them to buy their Mortgage server with this low of a rating. I am now looking for a new mortgage company.

My father opened up an account about 2 months ago. I then opened an account about 1 1/2 months ago. Applied for insurance and everything went well. I applied for a credit card a few days ago and was denied a credit card and apparently the collections department has issued for USAA to never do business with me again. I have never had a bank account with USAA and neither has my father. My father didn't even apply for a bank account, credit card, etc. and he has the same lock on his account. How can their collections department block my account? I haven't even been with them long enough to be sent to the collections department? This has my father and myself both completely unable to get into our accounts, so we cannot even access our car insurance info.? Thanks for serving your country! Ha.

After weeks of providing documents, resending them, not hearing from anyone until they were closing and then only by an alert on USAA.com, I literally thought the next thing they were going to ask for was my DNA. They wouldn't kindly EXPLAIN what they needed. The rep had a very condescending attitude. She would tell me she had all she needed and at the end of day as she was leaving, send me another message "I need more", and explain it in a way as I was stupid and didn't do what she asked. I finally said to her today as I was crying and about to lose it, "Just tell me if you don't want to give me a loan. We are closing on our house in 3 weeks and are going to be homeless." We are going to go with another bank. SO disappointed in USAA. Should have read all the negative reviews online first. We have been with them 30 years and I am so disgusted we may just move all our banking/insurance somewhere else.

I have been a USAA member for over 15 years but I am disturbed by a lot of these negative reviews. I have also experienced some recent negative events involving USAA. I have an auto loan with USAA and had the loan for over two years before I fell two months behind my car loan due to lack of income. Eventually, I was able to catch up on the delinquent payments.

Despite having done so, USAA still shows me past due for the delinquency even after payments have posted and the money having already cleared the account! I continue to get pestered by collections on my account. I have also spoken to a number of agents who have all provided conflicting information on my account with some saying that I am current with nothing past due while collections is telling me something different. Even when I log into my USAA account it accurately shows all my payments but it shows my account as past due. I have attempted to get this resolved by a number of agents who either passed me along to someone else or the person was simply incompetent to resolve the issue. I can't believe that a bank can be so inept in reconciling and updating their records!

I used to brag about USAA but after this experience I cannot wait to pay off my loan and move on. I really can't believe the stories I'm reading on this site about USAA. Yes, the customer service is really horrible with some of the agents getting really passive aggressive in their tone. There is no sense of their ability to problem solve an issue without having the repeat what the customer already knows (ie "you're past due"). And based on what I've read in these reviews from others it is apparent that there's a serious issue going on and no one in senior leader has taken an interest to really get to the bottom of the matter. Shame on USAA on how they treat their military members, vets, retirees, and their families!

I have had insurance with this company and it's been going well, but since I started the mortgage process with them it has been nothing but a nightmare. They never answer the phone and they never respond to emails. I have to nearly beg for them to respond to my emails. I don't know what the problem is. If they don't want the business just say so. I would like to continue this VA loan but I can't deal with this anymore. Does anyone know of a lender that is helpful and communicates properly? I'm ready to tell them to not bother any longer and to move on. Only problem is it will jeopardize the closing date.

I have been a USAA Member for 23 years (since 1993). I've also had auto insurance with USAA for 23 years and have NEVER, NOT ONCE been late with an installment payment on my policy! I have a credit score in the "good" range (709-712) and while my wife and I are retired and on a fixed income (pension and social security), we have over $3,000 per month in "disposable" income... Proof that we can WELL afford a $300+/- loan payment. We've lived in the same home for over 15 years and have the same bank account for 25 years.

The only "negative" we had going against us was that we filed for bankruptcy in 2011 (when we were retiring) because the total credit card debt was too high with us transitioning to fixed income. Our "payment history" prior to the bankruptcy and our vehicle and one store account opened since - have ALL been paid ON-TIME, every month (as well as our USAA insurance and other bills/accounts that don't "report" to credit agencies.

With all that said, my wife and I were applying for a $10K loan because we want to move closer to our children and their families. We were hoping to move before the winter months, which is why we decided to apply for a loan rather than save the money monthly, etc. We offered to put the loan AND the monthly insurance premium on automatic payments and we tried to apply individual and joint. But we were denied.

USAA denied the loan due to "Insufficient Credit History". Really? My daughter (POA) spoke with several representatives and was told FOUR different versions of "why" this was their "FINAL" decision (regardless of my TWENTY-THREE YEAR, ON-TIME payment history WITH THEM!). They said "that doesn't matter." They also were very short and wouldn't even consider looking at any of the supporting documents we sent in. In the end, we realize - their decision was based on the fact that I am 80 years old and for no other legitimate reason. While they cannot discriminate due to my age, they made it clear that they were denying my application for reasons that were contradictory and to be honest - ridiculous.

I was proud to call myself a USAA member. I felt strongly that after TWO DECADES of having an account with them that this was the best place for me to go for a personal loan. As it turns out, with USAA... Only the "young" are approved. Disappointed is an understatement. I guess all of these "quick" and "easy" loan approvals being reviewed are for those with earned income and younger than 50...

Customer service sucks. They treat you like a number and not like a person, they don't explain the loan anywhere near as effectively as they should and 15 years of customer loyalty means absolutely nothing to them. I would post comments about details but who cares? I'm pulling all of my accounts from them and I advise anyone reading this to think twice before giving them any business. Super disappointed because I used to brag on how well they handled my accounts. They are down right terrible now.

My personal experience began in May 2016. I have never opened or been a co-applicant on any banking or checking account for USAA. In May I received a notice forwarded from an address I left one year ago. Sixty days prior to leaving I had all mail forwarded to a post office box at my new address. The information I received from USAA was dated April 2016 sent to my previous address and forwarded to the new address I've had on file for a year. It stated my checking and debit card was overdrawn by more than $8K and was being sent to collections.

I was confused as to how, first the outstanding debt could be forwarded to my new address but not the cards I suppose to have used. I telephoned USAA on at least six separate occasions and was told something different each time. I was finally shared that USAA realized it was a fraudulent account and would not go further on making me liable for the amount owed. It took an additional ninety days for this information to be shared. I then requested to receive a letter from USAA to that effect and stating I have never opened an account...INSTEAD I received a letter with the checking and debit card account in my name.

I never requested these accounts, I do not have access to these accounts AND I will never open or suggest to others to open a banking account with USAA!!! So in essence my concern has not be addressed. In the position I serve in I have had at least one Family member come to me each week for the past 4 years because of compromise of their accounts. USAA then changed their banking information which only made the initial account on file show all set-up automatic withdrawals as a deficit because the customers were not notified in a timely manner to share the new banking information with their creditors.

In less than a year mine or my husband's debit cards have been turned off due to "fraud" several times, even from our own purchases which I don't understand. I reserved a vacation rental and go to get gas and my card is off. Again. I have to call to verify the rental is a legitimate charge in the gas station parking lot. Because I have nothing better to do. The worst experience has been right after that trip we had a completely frozen bank account. My husband went to buy dog food and his debit card didn't work. He called and they said there was more fraud. See a theme here? Now this was real fraud, no money was taken from our accounts but they were frozen for almost two weeks! No money for two weeks! With no real explanation other than they were "investigating". If that would have happened in the middle of our trip out of state we would have had no money!

So my husband calls and they're really secretive and say they need to speak to me. Didn't really tell us the extent of what happened until several days later stating someone called pretending to be me and had all my info. That would have been helpful days earlier so I could have contacted my ID theft insurance company sooner who by the way say they have been getting lots of calls from USAA members lately. Hmmm... I asked if our remaining money can be transferred to another bank acct so we can have access to it. Of course not. So my husband stops his direct deposit and has it switched to a different bank, so glad we did that. USAA claimed "oh you didn't have to do that. Your money is safe now." Not convinced. They say we don't even have to change acct numbers or open new ones or anything, security breach is taken care of. Right.

As soon as our acct was unfrozen I took every penny out of there. Never will I use them again. I have to keep our acct open due to our insurance or it would be closed. Considering switching our insurance too. The kicker is now when I call USAA they treat me as if I'm the criminal and hang up on me, keep me on hold, or transfer me a million times. The interesting thing is they say this breach of my information was not from them. But how would criminals know that was the acct we were currently using when we have several other open bank accts at other institutions and not once have we had fraud on any of those? Come to find out everyone else we have spoken to recently has had some sort of fraud going on with their USAA accts. Coincidence? I don't think so. Do not trust this bank with your money! I'm so glad I decided against any loans with them! Awful doesn't even begin to describe it.

I've been a member of USAA for a while now and recently I've had the worst experience with them. A series of fraudulent checks were created and tried to be cashed against my account totalling over $2,000 together. I hadn't used my account in months due to unemployment. When I noticed the checks and NSF fees, I immediately called USAA. The rep that I got a got argued with me as I tell her I did not authorize these checks nor had I written them! I mean, why would I authorize someone to create checks, sign my name to them and cash them if I had a zero balance! She told me I would have to file a police report; so I did. I called back to give them an incident number and had to explain it all over again.

The rep I got didn't understand what I was trying to tell him. I told him how the rep a day ago said I had to file a police report and there was nothing they could do, he then tells me I didn't even need to file a police report and froze my account and told me to call back when the bank was open. So I called back that Monday and was transferred through 3 different departments. The reps were helpful, they reversed the charges, put a credit only hold on my account, and told me they would do a fraud investigation.

Two days later, I see these same checks go through AGAIN! Fees charged AGAIN! Headache starts AGAIN! So I called USAA again, explained the issue and was transferred. Again, I get a rep that wants to argue with me and interrupt me as I'm trying to tell him what I was told two days prior. I finally asked to speak to a supervisor, he puts me on hold and a few minutes later comes back and tells me his supervisor is busy and he'll have to transfer me back to the bank!! Instead, he hangs up on me!! So I call back, this time infuriated and tell the rep what I just went through with the last guy. So she transfers me back to that department with a different rep.

This lady was helpful, she saw that I requested the credits only hold and was confused why they removed the hold after they finished investigating. Then asks me why they didn't issue a stop payment on the checks. I explained I had no idea and she reversed the charges again that I was charged again! Then a few days after that, they called me to say I needed to open a new account! So I go through the process and they denied me the account because of what happened with the old account!!! After thinking about it, I was happy they denied it and told my husband that I didn't want to be with a bank that would let a check that is obviously not one I wrote and didn't match my signature be cashed against my account and not even call to verify it!! So we opened an account elsewhere and are looking for a different car insurance company as well.

Not to mention you can't deposit checks through their mobile app unless so much time has passed. You can't deposit from any ATM (they have no branches in my state or any state near me). I would have to go to a UPS Store and deposit checks only that take up to 11 days to process or mail them in! Poor customer service, unethical practices, etc! Not worth the headache and after reading other reviews with the same issues, I'm wondering if these fraudulent checks were an inside job! STAY AWAY FROM THIS BANK!

I have been a member for 18 years in last 6 years a lot has happened to make me leave. Most recently I paid my auto loan off and Usaa sent the title to the wrong address, now I have 1 of 2 options - I can get a letter and sit at the DMV all day to try and fix their issue or wait 3 months for them to do the leg work! Then I spoke to a retention supervisor who said what I can do is talk to the person in charge of our contracted agents to remind them we need to be mindful of the Usaa experience, after I complained about being hung up on 3 times. There was no attempt to save my membership, as a matter of fact I was asked "what do you want me to do, close your accounts?"

Worst bank on the face on this earth. We have been members for going on ten years had to close our accounts due to fraudulent charges that we're coming out of our account monthly. We called and disputed these charges then refunded them first set that we caught. Then the very next month it happened again. This happened several months in a row. Each time we called and said "No we want our money back." After fighting for 5 months or so they told us we had to close the account they weren't going to stop the charges coming through. They did fine for awhile. My girlfriend had direct deposit set up through her work and one week her work's computer system decided to crash so she had to get a paper check. They held this check for 2 weeks. The check was the same amount she had received for the past three years down to the cents.

I started a new job and had no other choice but to noble deposit my paycheck. They are holding it for 2 weeks. It's a printed payroll check and they refuse to even take 5 mins to make a phone call to the issuing bank to verify that the check is good. I now am late on my bills have no money to put gas in my car to get to and from work nor the money to eat lunch while at work cause the little money I have had to go to my children to eat. Meanwhile I now have late fees building up. As soon as the check clears I am draining my accounts and closing them.

This establishment is by far the worst in customer service I have even seen. They just keep saying "We can't and won't do anything to help you." Thanks USAA for treating a hard working American family like we don't work and live on welfare. No one there will go the extra 2 inches let alone a mile for their customers. They just flat out don't care nor even try to help in the least. I hope people see this and run away from any thought of making this you bank.

I have been with USAA for over 30 years and have always raved about the services. That was until about a month ago when my daughter had a fraudulent transaction for about $1400.00 hit her account. After she disputed the charge USAA said that it was a legitimate charge. She tried to contact the fraud department and they said that they would not speak to her and that she needed to do everything by email. The charge was finally reversed but the customer services attitude was so poor that I no longer want to do business with USAA banking. When people have been violated they need to have some comfort in knowing that their banking institution is trying to help their customers. This was the worst case of neglect that I have ever witnessed in banking. Even the supervisors had a rude non-helpful attitude.

I have had nothing but horrible customer service. I have called in a few weeks ago to get an old auto loan paid off and start one with USAA. At this time they said my loan was approved and they would be sending a check to the old auto loan company that I was with. They sent me a tracking number for FedEx to show me that the check was sent. It has been almost two weeks and the check has not posted to my account. I called USAA to find out the check number and to find out if it had been cashed.

Here it is... After 20 calls I'm on the phone as I type this. I have had to call 4 times this morning and every time I call they say they can't help me because my account is locked and I need to prove who I am. This is so scary because they already have my checking info for the loan and the old loan isn't paid. The representative just came back on the phone and again said they can't help me. I would never go with this company again and if I can cancel the loan I am going to do so. Too bad no one can help me. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. IT’S A NIGHTMARE.

I spoke with a representative on the telephone and asked if I transfer funds from my checking account with USAA to CHASE when would the funds be available and was told "immediately" since the two accounts were "linked". I thanked the representative and authorized the representative to transfer my funds to my CHASE account. The funds did NOT appear that day and have yet to appear. I spoke with a member of the "Executive Team", Nina and her customer service skills were at best, minimum. She informed me there was nothing she could do either. I needed my money at the time I requested them and could have withdrawn them from the ATM using my cards but was told the money could just be transferred to the linked (CHASE) account and available immediately was the representatives exact wording (So much for recorded phone calls).

USAA: CUSTOMER SERVICE includes your representatives being knowledgeable of the products they represent. Customers depend on your representatives being the expert on your products. I was given false information and suffered terribly. Nina from the Executive Team offered nothing to alleviate my stress but continued to sigh all throughout the conversation. She lead off with, "what is it you expect me to do?"

USAA I am done doing business with you. Never would Navy Federal have treated me like this. They would have found SOMETHING to do, if not but say "I am sorry for your inconvenience" and/or an email generated to accept responsibility for the chain of events occurring from receiving such faulty information. But, as I read about the experiences of other customers/VETERANS, I see I am no better than they are. I guess I should expect to be treated badly as well. While speaking with Nina from the Executive Team, all I heard was a condescending tone and heard nothing but sighs all during the telephone conversation. I am so disappointed with USAA. I'll stay with USAA despite the poor customer service. I fought for this country and earned the right to be a recipient of your services. I will ensure I do NOT rely on your customer reps to know their products.

I have been a loyal USAA member for over a decade utilizing almost all of their banking and insurance options. A week ago, I used their mobile deposit system (which I have been using for almost 3 years) and deposited a check into my checking account. The confirmation read that ALL of the deposited funds would be available immediately. As such, I wrote a few checks to pay bills. A full 24 hour later, they decided (for reasons unbeknownst to me and them) to hold 75% of the funds for 5 days, thus freezing the funds in my account. When I called to find out why I was given the "run-around" by 4 different employees and supervisors and they were unable to tell me why the funds were being held. I incurred over $200 in NSF fees as USAA was holding the funds in my account. Not only would they not look into WHY the funds were being held, they basically told me they didn't care and that it was my problem.

For a client that has been with USAA for over a decade I would expect more from them. I have extremely disappointed in the way I was treated as well as the fact that they decided to hold my funds a full 24 hours AFTER their app indicated they were immediately available. USAA has taken a turn for the worse and I have decided to cancel all of my banking and insurance services with them. Sad for someone who has been a loyal (but apparently not valued) client for 10 years.

Made wire transfer of $25000. At the time 8/12/16, the exchange was 1 dollar was worth 46.60 pesos. It should have been 1157125.00 pesos, instead it was 1135744.14. It was short 24538.06 pesos or $462 dollars. They claim it was the fault of the Mellon bank in New York. I did not deal with anyone but USAA. They said I should put it down as a learning experience. It was. I never expected my bank to rob me!

When I tell you this company is terrible what I really mean to say is they should be put out of business and be chased down with pitch forks and fire. My husband and I went through them and had the worst experience of our lives, if you don't believe me just try getting your first loan with them. It took us four months of scrutiny to get ANYWHERE with them. It was hard to get hold of them which is bad enough but not nearly as bad as what they put us through.

From the beginning they gave us a list of contingencies to meet before they would give us the loan, one of those was for me to pay off anything I had in collections. I did just that and they proceeded with the loan. We got the clear to close message and were a day away from our closing when they abruptly denied our loan. The reason they gave.. because my credit score did not meet requirements after one last check. I called and verified that nothing new had shown up on my credit report, but discovered that when I paid my debts in collection (like they told me to do) it temporarily lowered my score because the debts had been reopened. Trying to explain this to USA was as useless as nailing jelly to a tree.

Here we were with 2 kids and an apartment stacked to the ceiling with moving boxes and we were about to lose our house! Our sellers gave us 24 hours to find get approved for another loan and by the grace of God we were able to secure a loan with state employees credit union in TWO HOURS. It took 4 months for USAA to deny us at the very last minute and two hours to be accepted by another lender. I will NEVER do business with these people again and have spent a good deal of time warning others about them. I would hate to see this happen to other people, listen to the reviews and RUN!

I have been banking with USAA for 27 yrs and I recently had them sent a cashier's check to someone. They sent it with the wrong name so the recipient had to send it back to get a replacement. USAA claims not to have received the check, so I asked for a stop payment to re-issue the check. They state they have a policy that they can not stop payment on cashier's checks for 90 days - even if the check is wrong due to their mistake. Therefore, they are taking an interest free loan from me for $850 for 90 days due to an error on their part! How can a bank who decided if a check clears or not - be unable to stop a check that they know is useless since they put the wrong name on it.

Asked prior to deposit about any holds on live payroll checks. Was told by an associate that I would have funds after midnight tonight. What he didn't say was the hold was for a week for everything except $200. We trusted him and after we completed the deposit, it said we had to wait 7 days for the rest. I tried to cancel the deposit. They said I couldn't. I had asked because if there had been a hold, I planned on depositing it in another bank. Now! USAA is holding my money hostage for a full week. I would never have agreed to that significant a hold.

Three times I was hung up on by customer service and the manager tried to blame me for the first person lying to me. So, I closed my savings with them and they said the check would be here Saturday or Monday. It is Monday and no check. Called customer service to ask for the tracking number for the check. The manager said would go out fedex and received the response of, "I can't find it. Call back if it doesn't show up in the next few days." I am so glad I did not cancel my old bank. When that check is cleared, then I am pulling every dime out and NEVER looking back. Do NOT switch to USAA or you will regret it.

USAA Banking Company Profile