Find a Mortgages partner

Little Rock, AR

3.8/5 (178 ratings)
Find a Mortgages partner
Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

About Arvest Central Mortgage Company

Arvest Central offers mortgages all over the country, with the exception of five states in the Northeast. While its services are primarily online, borrowers in select Southern and Midwestern states can work with its loan representatives in person. It offers a variety of mortgage options and personal loans.

Pros

• Several mortgage options
  • Online loans in most states
  • Personal loan officers available

Cons

• Fees for routine payment options
  • Few physical branches
  • No rates online

Bottom Line

Arvest Central provides mortgages in all but five states. It has physical branches in only four states; most of its services are online. It’s a solid option for online borrowing, but its website has no information on rates.

Top Arvest Central Mortgage Company Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Our experience with Arvest Central was one of the first we had in town… The mortgage representative was friendly and helpful. It's been over 4 years now, and she still sends my hu...

Verified

I don't understand all the negative reviews. My husband and I had a great experience with Arvest. We just refinanced at a lower rate and are saving over $300 a month… I recommend ...

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

What is Arvest Central Mortgage?

Arvest Central Mortgage is a subsidiary of Arvest Bank, a regional bank in the Midwest. It maintains physical branches in four Southern and Midwestern states, and its mortgages are available online in every state but Delaware, Rhode Island, Maryland, New Hampshire and New York.

Arvest Central offers fixed-rate and adjustable-rate conventional mortgages, VA, FHA and Rural Development loans, construction loans, physician loans, condominium loans and jumbo mortgages. In most states, you’ll handle the application and service process online, but you can also call customer service or contact a loan officer listed on the website.

Arvest Central also provides benefits to qualifying military customers through the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act. These can lower your interest rates or extend your mortgage relief after active duty.

How does Arvest Central Mortgage work?

Arvest Central provides mortgages to homeowners in most states, working almost entirely online. It offers several types of mortgages: jumbo mortgages, conventional mortgages with either adjustable or fixed rates, VA, FHA and Rural Development mortgages and construction, physician and condominium loans. You can apply online, by phone or by contacting a loan officer listed on the website. The company handles most mortgage services online.

Arvest Central Mortgage rates

Arvest Central doesn’t provide its mortgage rates online. If you’re interested in a mortgage or refinancing options from Arvest Central, you’ll need to apply to see its current rates. It does provide an online calculator to help you decide whether or not refinancing is a good choice. It also provides a list of associated fees, which include:

• Property inspection fees
  • Recording fees
  • Comparative market analysis fees

Arvest Central Mortgage FAQ

Where is Arvest Central Mortgage available?
Arvest Central Mortgage is available in every state except Delaware, Rhode Island, Maryland, New Hampshire and New York.
How long does it take Arvest Central to approve a mortgage loan?
Arvest Central Mortgage’s approval periods vary from customer to customer. It can take up to a few weeks.
Does Arvest Central Mortgage have jumbo loans?
Yes, Arvest Central Mortgage offers jumbo mortgages for borrowers who need more than $453,100.
Where is Arvest Central Mortgage located?
Arvest Central Mortgage has branches in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma, but it provides mortgages online in most other states.
Can I make payments online with Arvest Central Mortgage?
Yes, Arvest Central Mortgage does accept online payments — it might cost up to $5 in fees to pay online.

Is Arvest Central Mortgage worth it?

Because it doesn’t offer in-person services in most states, Arvest Central Mortgage is probably most worth it if you’re looking for an online mortgage. It offers several mortgage types and options for VA loans and benefits through the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act, so it could be ideal for military members. It might also be a good choice for those with lower incomes who can benefit from its FHA and Rural Development mortgages.

Arvest Central Mortgage Company Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arvest Central Mortgage Company?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

In the midst of loan modification they lied about postponing the auction. My single point of contact person wasn’t available yesterday and today is a holiday. Cruel to do this I’ve had the $ to pay my monthly mortgage and then in a 3 day window they claim I’m missing a paper come to find out.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I am having such a problem with this mortgage company. I did not choose them, I was with Cenlar for 6 years and Arvest took over my mortgage last year. I changed insurance companies this year, Reducing my annual fee by over $1200. Everything else has stayed pretty constant, my mortgage, the interest on that, my taxes etc. Now, one might expect my monthly payment to drop $100 a month or so following that, or at least remain constant. No, it was increased in September by $800 a month (25% increase). I did get a call from somebody at Arvest a few weeks ago, who didn’t seem to understand the first thing about mortgages or Escrow. I have just written to them again, explaining that they will have about $18,000 over to pay a $9,000 insurance premium at this rate. I’m not convinced they shall be capable of understanding it. Not sure what to do next. I shall of course swap mortgage companies as soon as I can.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I have had the worst experience with trying to refinance my home with Arvest. I went to them since my current mortgage is with them, I thought it would be easier. Boy was I wrong. Terrible communication. Whenever I emailed them, they didn't answer until I called. I lost my job in 2020 due to Covid, and I started collecting my social security, and also got a part time job. They told me they couldn't use my part time income, because I didn't work there for 2 years. When they ask for your income, it's the gross amount that they are looking for.

My social security is net figure, but they said that they could not gross it up since I just started collecting in 2021, and can't show it on my tax return yet. After 53 days, they denied my application due to insufficient income. I then went and applied to RocketMortgage, with the same low rate. RocketMortage approved my refinance in 23 days because they grossed up my social security, and used my part time income.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I was initially informed that my mortgage was sold to Arvest but only to find out that it was sold to another company and notice was mailed to old address. I have reached 5 times w/ no results or refund.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

This company is very well deserve their 1.5 star reviews all over the web. Slow, lazy, unprofessional. I bank ACH'ed them my mortgage pay off amount 10 calendar days ago, they still didn't apply the funds towards the pay off nor returned them back to me, keeping them as unapplied funds and that's it, giving me stories about wait until the end of today or wait until the end of the day tomorrow. These guys are thieves and these are the people who handles your money, stay away. Don't ever go with this lender.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

This company is a joke. My mortgage got sold to them and now they fee you to death. They are facing several lawsuits and a class action lawsuit in TX and now FL. DO NOT PAY THE FEES. They have no business changing the terms of the loan once they took over. Their customer service stinks, but they have to do what the company pays them to do, which is justify changing the terms of your mortgage.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

We refinanced our home through another bank in July to take advantage of the lower interest rates. We were told that we would receive a refund on our escrow balance within four to five weeks. It has now been six months and they have every excuse in the book. It's our money. This is totally unethical and dishonest.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

According to Wiki and other inform online Arvest is owned by members of the Walton Family, probably among the top 10 richest family US. Yet they still feel the need to charge you $5 for making payments online. That's $60 dollars a year, even some well know online publications dont' charge that much as subscription fees. No other mortgage servicer I have had charged ridiculous fees for making online payments, because it doesn't really cost them anything to make the electronic transaction with your bank. Really shocking. This Bank needs to shamed by the media and investigated by the Consumers bureau. Normally if I had choice I wouldn't do a business with such entities. But you don't have a choice of whether to do business with them because when you refinance your loan gets sold to them and and you are saddled with them for however long.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

Unfortunately my mortgage was sold to Arvest shortly after we bought our home. There are fees for everything. $200 fee to set up bi-weekly payments, $3.50 for processing auto draft fees for the bi-weekly payments, $10 fee to do a payment over the phone. The only way to avoid these fees are to mail in a check every month or to set up auto draft for a 1 time withdrawal every month. It's not a very user friendly company. Hopefully they sell my mortgage to someone else.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Arvest Mortgage reported me late to the credit bureaus after my loan was transferred to them the first month they took over. IT IS ILLEGAL TO DO WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND THEY DON'T CARE. The Federal Housing Finance Agency states a loan that is transferred cannot be reported to the credit bureaus late for 60 days, this company reported me within the first 17 days of servicing my loan. You can't make this company go away, when they sell your loan you are stuck with these criminals. I have reported them to the Attorney General, maybe they will actually do their job and shut them down!

Arvest Central Mortgage Company Company Information