1.34/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Little Rock, AR

Looking for a mortgage lender?

101 Arvest Central Mortgage Company Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I've been making regular on-time payments that are more than my principal for over 4 years. Never late. Never missed a payment. Recently I have tried to make principal only payments but Arvest chopped the payments and applied some of the principal only intended payments as a regular payment. I've called multiple times with one call lasting almost an hour only to get a team lead who could not understand why the payments were allocated that way and didn't know how to fix them. Complete incompetence. Do not choose Arvest.

Original review: May 1, 2019

My grandmother had the company prior to it selling. She passed willing me with the house and my uncle as the executor of the estate. We hired an attorney for the probate, followed all of the proper steps in order to simply put me as an "authorized contact" to straighten out the account due to it being behind a few months prior to her passing. We provided Central Mortgage with everything they needed in order to make this SIMPLE change to the account until the probate is finalized.

Each time I have spoken to someone from the Little Rock location they were hateful and down right rude telling me nothing, but if I went to Arvest in my home town they went above and beyond for me giving all information to my lawyer then he would in return give it to me. A bit of a hassle but it works for now as a temporary fix. Needless to say once the probate is finalized I WILL NOT refinance with this company period! Counting down the days to do business with another company!!!!

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I would give this company a ----0 if it were available. Our mortgage was bought out by this inept company. Constantly saying they did not receive proof of insurance and then adding coverage to our loan along with an escrow account. We paid our insurance on our own and did not require insurance. Not only did they add escrow but then would change the amount every other month causing my payment amount to be short, trickle down now they add on late fees and property inspection fees. Even after sending proof of insurance, continued to request escrow and add fees.

Made numerous calls to correct the issue that has now gone on for over 18 mos. Filed complaints in writing as I was told you could not talk to anyone directly in the escrow department with questions, I had to go through client services. Their written response regardless of my complaint was the same - our escrow department cannot find any fault on our end. Their activity should be illegal and investigated. Moving our loan from this company and will never allow them to service any loan we have in the future.

Original review: March 16, 2019

This company is a horrible company. They charge for online payment. They do not charge for automatic draft but setting up automatic draft is a pain. They will send out a form to fill and return with voided check. I view this as nothing more than a means to delay or discourage people from setting auto draft and squeeze as much money as possible from customers.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Mortgage was just sold to this company. Not off to a good start with them at all. Could not easily use their online payment system since it does not quickly and clearly show payment setup has been made and pending. So I tried again then I see payment pending 2x. Today I go back. Their site says processed 2x. So contacted my bank. They cannot help me until it actually withdraws from my acct. They suggested calling this company first except you can never get a hold of anyone. So I guess I’m paying 2x this month. Or I can dispute but that’s a process too so I will just let it go. Awful. What if I could afford this right now.

Oh and they charge a fee of $5 to make your own payment online yourself. I have owned houses before, never off to such an awful start. Bootleg cut-rate experience and with excellent credit, zero financial challenges, how did I end up with this horrible place. There ought to be some kind of tier system so this place can be rated and presented to customers and a Choice can be made.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arvest Central Mortgage Company?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Our mortgage was sold to them without our knowledge and consent. Five years later we needed a release of a small easement that included a row we wanted to convey. It has been 5 months and is still not resolved. Their customer service ranks the worst I have ever seen in my 72 years of being on this planet. Just try calling someone in customer service. You get a recording. You need to know the exact extension to speak to a person. Then you get their voicemail. They don't return calls to me or my attorney trying to fix this. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere. They should not be in business. They forced me to pay around 1500.00 in fees to obtain this release. They charged me $870.00 for an appraisal when the actual appraiser did not charge anywhere near that much. They lie, they are so unprofessional it's ridiculous. They won't tell you who to contact to complain so I am resorted to posting this online. I would give them zero stars if I could.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

All the negative reviews are people who cannot manage their money or angry that their payment increased due to escrow or property taxes changing. I didn’t pick them; they bought my mortgage, but I have been nothing but happy. without any hunting or begging for information, I can see last month's payment and several months previous CLEARLY and easily in my history. They have a REAL-TIME Amortization Schedule, which shows exactly when the house will be paid off —1which changes (earlier) when larger payments are made. Been with them 3 years now, never had a problem, a “lost payment” or any other things the one-star reviewers said. If you have your mortgage on auto-pay, but change banks and therefore miss a payment, that is YOUR fault, not your lender's. I see no reason to change lenders. I like them.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

If I could give 0 stars, that would be too many. Horrible company with an inaccurate customer website, horrible customer service and predatory practices. Just last month my account showed as paid but I hadn't seen the money taken out of my bank account so I reached to Arvest to see what was going on. They didn’t get back to me for 3 days, at which time I authorized another payment. My online account then showed as paid as of Nov 19th. Yet I still wasn’t seeing it taken from my checking account. I didn’t authorize another payment because I didn’t want multiple payments going through in one month and I hadn’t heard back from Arvest about my payment. They didn’t email again until 29 Nov to say it wasn’t paid and they’d be reporting it on my credit report.

I had never paid late in 3 years and now because they couldn’t manage to properly withdraw the payment, I’ve been charged late fees and have lost 71pts on my credit report! And to top it off, when I called to ask if they’d remove the mark from my credit since I’d always paid on time, they said they wouldn’t because they’d called and emailed. This is after I’d emailed multiple times to say I live overseas so I can’t receive their calls and I just received letters from them THIS week (mid Dec) saying my Nov payment was due. This company would be a joke except there’s nothing funny about having them seriously damage my credit because of their own incompetence and lack of customer service.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Our mortgage was sold to Arvest by our builder. They do not offer bimonthly payments as a rule and if you choose to set it up there is a sign up fee and payment fee each time and they do not apply the amount each draw. They hold it back and then pay the full monthly payment which does not benefit paying down your principal balance. Avoid their services or you will be paying more money in the long run.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

If you are going to take out a mortgage with them, don't. They purchased my mortgage from someone else. Their customer service is awful. I have had to deal with them three times in five years. It reminds me of that movie "Boiler Room." They completely lack common sense. They increased my escrow. I forgot to adjust my auto pay. That is on me. They could have just informed me and told me to add it to the next payment. Instead, they put the entire payment to principal, charged me a $50 penalty, and charged for two mortgages. Rude, crass, and should not be in mortgage business.

Arvest Central Mortgage Company Company Information