2. Mortgages

Little Rock, AR

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.31/5

Arvest Central Mortgage Company Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arvest Central Mortgage Company?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arvest Central Mortgage Company?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Arvest Mortgage reported me late to the credit bureaus after my loan was transferred to them the first month they took over. IT IS ILLEGAL TO DO WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND THEY DON'T CARE. The Federal Housing Finance Agency states a loan that is transferred cannot be reported to the credit bureaus late for 60 days, this company reported me within the first 17 days of servicing my loan. You can't make this company go away, when they sell your loan you are stuck with these criminals. I have reported them to the Attorney General, maybe they will actually do their job and shut them down!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

They took my loan over and now they charge 5.00 to make an online ACH payment. I've never heard of such a thing. Straight up thievery. Every other company I have dealt with does not charge a fee to make a payment out of a checking account.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

Joy ** reached out to me abt a mortgage, stated after credit review I was approved and outlined the terms (interest rate, years, etc.) I was asked to pay a $500 deposit that in the email they stated was refundable. They highlighted and bolded that word, REFUNDABLE. Mind you, this is after they approved me. So I paid it. They then didn't contact me for several weeks. So I had to reach out. Joy stated they found something on my credit report and couldn't move forward, I had to initiate this communication! I'm not sure how they didn't see that at first when they stated I was approved? She then stated they would be holding half of my payment back.

After two more weeks of no refund or reply, I followed up again and she stated they now would be holding back more money for a credit report. It occurred to me that I was being targeted. They cant charge people for a credit report that hadn't paid the $500 yet, so how was this legally being passed on to me? It's almost as if they wanted me to pay the money, then decline me, just to profit off that. Disgusting business practice, hence the title of my review. Joy seemed genuine and kind at first, but I was clearly duped. Do not work with this company, at this rate they will be out of business like Countrywide for their shady business practices. I still have not seen a refund.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

So my mortgage was sold to Arvest central mortgage about the same time we changed insurance companies. So my previous insurance company would only release a escrow refund to the mortgage company so I called Arvest and spoke with a gentleman to get the address to send my refund check to them. I then called the previous insurance company and they mailed a check... So I checked on it about 3 weeks later and was told that was the wrong address so I had to call the previous ins company back and they stopped payment and reissued another check, that was 9/6. The check was mailed to the correct address on 9/6 so I called to check on it last week and was told they still don’t have it.

I called the previous insurance company back and they gave me the check number and amount. I called today only to be transferred to 5 different people and was told again no check. I called the previous insurance company back and was told they cashed it on 9/16. Now I was so upset me having to deal with the laziness of their employees.

I finally spoke to a lead which said she would call the insurance company for me and then forward a copy of the check. Then I paid my mortgage on the 9-15 and paid a little more than the amount, late fees apply after 9/16. Got my bill today and they charged me a late fee on 9/15 so I had to call them again and the girl was not sure why it charged me a late fee but she would take care of it. This company needs to be investigated... They should not be dealing with people’s mortgage and have a 1/2 ** attitude!! What a nightmare, I have never had any problems with any other mortgage company so I guess now we have to refinance to get our loan with someone that knows how to handle it!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

My original mortgage lender sold my loan to this company, I did not choose them. The company charges $5.00 ($60.00 a year) to make online mortgage payments or even a telephone automated payment. You can sign up for an automatic payment but if you receive your paychecks other than the 1st and 15th, this option is not ideal. Your last option is to actually mail in a paper check. In the year 2020, this seems like a rather poor option. They are using these payments as a money grab. Go anywhere else if you can.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

With all the negative reviews, it surprises me that they have not been investigated for these irregularities. In an attempt to decide on re-amortizing a loan with a partial pay off, I have received incorrect information, unwillingness to provide direct extensions claiming they are not available. Incorrect answers to documents I received, which in my experience, are intentionally misleading. Also, a refusal to send terms and conditions of the agreement they expect to be signed. Instead telling me to just send in my money and fees and if I don't like it they'll return it. Wouldn't tell me where the money would be held during that time. I may have to hire an attorney to get it done.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I asked for a payoff. They ignored the last two payments on the payoff paperwork. They don’t seem to care about their customers once they have purchased their mortgage. Is it even legal what they are doing? I do have proof of what I am reviewing.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

Arvest Central Mortgage Company purchased my Home Loan from my original lender. The process to change was incomplete and incredibly disappointing. I did not know that my loan had been purchased by Arvest until I went online to make my mortgage payment with my original lender and it would not go through. No information received by mail from Arvest! I had to google and contact Arvest to obtain a loan number in order to set up my online account with Arvest Central Mortgage Company. It took 3 months and numerous calls to Arvest to get them to sort out things on their end so I could get access to my account. I had to call every month and go through the lengthy phone circus to get to a person on the phone to make my payment. I still have never received anything in the mail with regards to mailing in a payment.

Finally after 3 months, I was able to get an IT person to fix the issue and all was good. I made 2 payments online and then this month, the online access has been locked with no one able to figure out why. Now after 2 phone circus experiences to get the issue resolved, they offered to take my payment over the phone with an additional fee. Absolutely Stupid! Why would I pay ANYTHING extra to give them my money since I am unable to mail it in or go online and make payment. Come on, you can not seriously think this is appropriate.

I actually used to bank with Arvest Bank when I lived in Tulsa Oklahoma and had to close my account when moving to Texas as there are no local branches here. I was OK hearing about Arvest buying my loan as I had good experiences with them in the past. It can not be that hard to either fix YOUR issue in the IT Department for online access or apologize for the inconvenience and waive any fees you might normally have for making payments by alternate methods.

Original review: May 4, 2020

We just refinanced. We were told the payoff was short. Gave us an amount. Called to get explanation. Got a different answer. By the time I got this settled I had been given 5 different amounts. Which I believe is still incorrect. We are so happy to get away from this company. I have sold real estate for many years and I refinanced several times. This company charges you for everything. No one there knows what they are doing.

Original review: April 22, 2020

I had a mortgage with Arvest and didn't like the fact that you have to pay extra to pay on-line. Sure, it's not bank breaking, but why are they so greedy?? I mailed my checks and they kept holding them. I knew they would eventually hold it long enough to charge a late fee (to make up for not paying the on-line fee). And they finally did it. I put the check in the mailbox on the 4th and they finally acknowledged it on the 19th (the 15th is late fee day). So it took 14 or 15 days for my check to reach them, I don't believe that for a minute. The next day I started refinance procedures with a better company. I had to still pay Arvest the next month, so I had the mail certified to be sure. They got the check in 2 days and cashed it 2 days after that.

Greedy and unethical, they definitely are not there for us that have the mortgage. After that loan was paid off, Arvest sent me a letter to let me know they had accepted the pay-off and my loan with them was done, it was worked like 'look how great we are, we let you pay-off your loan with us, we're so awesome'. Awful! Before you get a mortgage, make sure they will not be selling it off, especially if Arvest is on the list.

Arvest Central Mortgage Company Company Information