1.33/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Little Rock, AR

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Arvest Central Mortgage Company Reviews

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I have contacted them at least 10 times about a change to my payment. I have gotten at least 10 promises of a "call back" I have never gotten 1 one call back. This company is a scam and they will do anything to nickel and dime you from your money! I will be doing everything I can to get away from this horrible company and their horrible customer service!!!! If I could give them zero stars I would have! BOA was a dream compared to this nightmare!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

If I could give zero stars I would. They charge a fee to pay the mortgage payment electronically even when it is paid early. Total greed. I am so sorry that my loan got sold to them. They argue that charging a fee is a reasonable thing to do. I have never had a loan processor charge a fee for an EFT.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

This company has given me the run around for MONTHS denying paying my taxes late when it's obviously public record showing the delinquency penalties!!! I have always paid my mortgage on time and my tax bill is sent directly to them and my mortgage payment includes the tax fees. There is no excuse yet they keep denying they are in the wrong! Arvest NEEDS to be investigated. I am going to be all over it! I see my issue is not extreme as these other complaints online, but I promise I am NOT going to let them get away with this. I am calling the news channels and will get an attorney if I don't get my money back today!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I send an email whenever I send additional principal payment but they always apply the payment as regular payment. This company has very difficult payment system. Looks like they just customer to not to do early payoff. I have never dealt with such horrible mortgage company. I wish I can move my loan to some other company.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I've been making regular on-time payments that are more than my principal for over 4 years. Never late. Never missed a payment. Recently I have tried to make principal only payments but Arvest chopped the payments and applied some of the principal only intended payments as a regular payment. I've called multiple times with one call lasting almost an hour only to get a team lead who could not understand why the payments were allocated that way and didn't know how to fix them. Complete incompetence. Do not choose Arvest.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arvest Central Mortgage Company?

Original review: May 1, 2019

My grandmother had the company prior to it selling. She passed willing me with the house and my uncle as the executor of the estate. We hired an attorney for the probate, followed all of the proper steps in order to simply put me as an "authorized contact" to straighten out the account due to it being behind a few months prior to her passing. We provided Central Mortgage with everything they needed in order to make this SIMPLE change to the account until the probate is finalized.

Each time I have spoken to someone from the Little Rock location they were hateful and down right rude telling me nothing, but if I went to Arvest in my home town they went above and beyond for me giving all information to my lawyer then he would in return give it to me. A bit of a hassle but it works for now as a temporary fix. Needless to say once the probate is finalized I WILL NOT refinance with this company period! Counting down the days to do business with another company!!!!

Original review: April 22, 2019

I would give this company a ----0 if it were available. Our mortgage was bought out by this inept company. Constantly saying they did not receive proof of insurance and then adding coverage to our loan along with an escrow account. We paid our insurance on our own and did not require insurance. Not only did they add escrow but then would change the amount every other month causing my payment amount to be short, trickle down now they add on late fees and property inspection fees. Even after sending proof of insurance, continued to request escrow and add fees.

Made numerous calls to correct the issue that has now gone on for over 18 mos. Filed complaints in writing as I was told you could not talk to anyone directly in the escrow department with questions, I had to go through client services. Their written response regardless of my complaint was the same - our escrow department cannot find any fault on our end. Their activity should be illegal and investigated. Moving our loan from this company and will never allow them to service any loan we have in the future.

Original review: March 16, 2019

This company is a horrible company. They charge for online payment. They do not charge for automatic draft but setting up automatic draft is a pain. They will send out a form to fill and return with voided check. I view this as nothing more than a means to delay or discourage people from setting auto draft and squeeze as much money as possible from customers.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Mortgage was just sold to this company. Not off to a good start with them at all. Could not easily use their online payment system since it does not quickly and clearly show payment setup has been made and pending. So I tried again then I see payment pending 2x. Today I go back. Their site says processed 2x. So contacted my bank. They cannot help me until it actually withdraws from my acct. They suggested calling this company first except you can never get a hold of anyone. So I guess I’m paying 2x this month. Or I can dispute but that’s a process too so I will just let it go. Awful. What if I could afford this right now.

Oh and they charge a fee of $5 to make your own payment online yourself. I have owned houses before, never off to such an awful start. Bootleg cut-rate experience and with excellent credit, zero financial challenges, how did I end up with this horrible place. There ought to be some kind of tier system so this place can be rated and presented to customers and a Choice can be made.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Our mortgage was sold to them without our knowledge and consent. Five years later we needed a release of a small easement that included a row we wanted to convey. It has been 5 months and is still not resolved. Their customer service ranks the worst I have ever seen in my 72 years of being on this planet. Just try calling someone in customer service. You get a recording. You need to know the exact extension to speak to a person. Then you get their voicemail. They don't return calls to me or my attorney trying to fix this. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere. They should not be in business. They forced me to pay around 1500.00 in fees to obtain this release. They charged me $870.00 for an appraisal when the actual appraiser did not charge anywhere near that much. They lie, they are so unprofessional it's ridiculous. They won't tell you who to contact to complain so I am resorted to posting this online. I would give them zero stars if I could.

Arvest Central Mortgage Company Company Information