2. Mortgages

Little Rock, AR

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.29/5

Arvest Central offers mortgages all over the country, with the exception of five states in the Northeast. While its services are primarily online, borrowers in select Southern and Midwestern states can work with its loan representatives in person. It offers a variety of mortgage options and personal loans.

BOTTOM LINE

Arvest Central provides mortgages in all but five states. It has physical branches in only four states; most of its services are online. It’s a solid option for online borrowing, but its website has no information on rates.

PROS

• Several mortgage options
  • Online loans in most states
  • Personal loan officers available

CONS

• Fees for routine payment options
  • Few physical branches
  • No rates online

Top Arvest Central Mortgage Company Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arvest Central Mortgage Company?

Our experience with Arvest Central was one of the first we had in town… The mortgage representative was friendly and helpful. It's been over 4 years now, and she still sends my husband and I birthday cards... Not a big deal? It is, when they are signed yearly by her!

I don't understand all the negative reviews. My husband and I had a great experience with Arvest. We just refinanced at a lower rate and are saving over $300 a month… I recommend Emanuel ** … He is very knowledgeable and explains everything. He has made our lives better.

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

What is Arvest Central Mortgage?

Arvest Central Mortgage is a subsidiary of Arvest Bank, a regional bank in the Midwest. It maintains physical branches in four Southern and Midwestern states, and its mortgages are available online in every state but Delaware, Rhode Island, Maryland, New Hampshire and New York.

Arvest Central offers fixed-rate and adjustable-rate conventional mortgages, VA, FHA and Rural Development loans, construction loans, physician loans, condominium loans and jumbo mortgages. In most states, you’ll handle the application and service process online, but you can also call customer service or contact a loan officer listed on the website.

Arvest Central also provides benefits to qualifying military customers through the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act. These can lower your interest rates or extend your mortgage relief after active duty.

How does Arvest Central Mortgage work?

Arvest Central provides mortgages to homeowners in most states, working almost entirely online. It offers several types of mortgages: jumbo mortgages, conventional mortgages with either adjustable or fixed rates, VA, FHA and Rural Development mortgages and construction, physician and condominium loans. You can apply online, by phone or by contacting a loan officer listed on the website. The company handles most mortgage services online.

Arvest Central Mortgage rates

Arvest Central doesn’t provide its mortgage rates online. If you’re interested in a mortgage or refinancing options from Arvest Central, you’ll need to apply to see its current rates. It does provide an online calculator to help you decide whether or not refinancing is a good choice. It also provides a list of associated fees, which include:

• Property inspection fees
    • Recording fees
    • Comparative market analysis fees

Arvest Central Mortgage FAQ

Where is Arvest Central Mortgage available?
    Arvest Central Mortgage is available in every state except Delaware, Rhode Island, Maryland, New Hampshire and New York.
    How long does it take Arvest Central to approve a mortgage loan?
    Arvest Central Mortgage’s approval periods vary from customer to customer. It can take up to a few weeks.
    Does Arvest Central Mortgage have jumbo loans?
    Yes, Arvest Central Mortgage offers jumbo mortgages for borrowers who need more than $453,100.
    Where is Arvest Central Mortgage located?
    Arvest Central Mortgage has branches in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma, but it provides mortgages online in most other states.
    Can I make payments online with Arvest Central Mortgage?
    Yes, Arvest Central Mortgage does accept online payments — it might cost up to $5 in fees to pay online.

Is Arvest Central Mortgage worth it?

Because it doesn’t offer in-person services in most states, Arvest Central Mortgage is probably most worth it if you’re looking for an online mortgage. It offers several mortgage types and options for VA loans and benefits through the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act, so it could be ideal for military members. It might also be a good choice for those with lower incomes who can benefit from its FHA and Rural Development mortgages.

Arvest Central Mortgage Company Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arvest Central Mortgage Company?

Original review: March 5, 2021

I was initially informed that my mortgage was sold to Arvest but only to find out that it was sold to another company and notice was mailed to old address. I have reached 5 times w/ no results or refund.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

This company is very well deserve their 1.5 star reviews all over the web. Slow, lazy, unprofessional. I bank ACH'ed them my mortgage pay off amount 10 calendar days ago, they still didn't apply the funds towards the pay off nor returned them back to me, keeping them as unapplied funds and that's it, giving me stories about wait until the end of today or wait until the end of the day tomorrow. These guys are thieves and these are the people who handles your money, stay away. Don't ever go with this lender.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

This company is a joke. My mortgage got sold to them and now they fee you to death. They are facing several lawsuits and a class action lawsuit in TX and now FL. DO NOT PAY THE FEES. They have no business changing the terms of the loan once they took over. Their customer service stinks, but they have to do what the company pays them to do, which is justify changing the terms of your mortgage.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

We refinanced our home through another bank in July to take advantage of the lower interest rates. We were told that we would receive a refund on our escrow balance within four to five weeks. It has now been six months and they have every excuse in the book. It's our money. This is totally unethical and dishonest.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

According to Wiki and other inform online Arvest is owned by members of the Walton Family, probably among the top 10 richest family US. Yet they still feel the need to charge you $5 for making payments online. That's $60 dollars a year, even some well know online publications dont' charge that much as subscription fees. No other mortgage servicer I have had charged ridiculous fees for making online payments, because it doesn't really cost them anything to make the electronic transaction with your bank. Really shocking. This Bank needs to shamed by the media and investigated by the Consumers bureau. Normally if I had choice I wouldn't do a business with such entities. But you don't have a choice of whether to do business with them because when you refinance your loan gets sold to them and and you are saddled with them for however long.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

Unfortunately my mortgage was sold to Arvest shortly after we bought our home. There are fees for everything. $200 fee to set up bi-weekly payments, $3.50 for processing auto draft fees for the bi-weekly payments, $10 fee to do a payment over the phone. The only way to avoid these fees are to mail in a check every month or to set up auto draft for a 1 time withdrawal every month. It's not a very user friendly company. Hopefully they sell my mortgage to someone else.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Arvest Mortgage reported me late to the credit bureaus after my loan was transferred to them the first month they took over. IT IS ILLEGAL TO DO WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND THEY DON'T CARE. The Federal Housing Finance Agency states a loan that is transferred cannot be reported to the credit bureaus late for 60 days, this company reported me within the first 17 days of servicing my loan. You can't make this company go away, when they sell your loan you are stuck with these criminals. I have reported them to the Attorney General, maybe they will actually do their job and shut them down!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

They took my loan over and now they charge 5.00 to make an online ACH payment. I've never heard of such a thing. Straight up thievery. Every other company I have dealt with does not charge a fee to make a payment out of a checking account.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

Joy ** reached out to me abt a mortgage, stated after credit review I was approved and outlined the terms (interest rate, years, etc.) I was asked to pay a $500 deposit that in the email they stated was refundable. They highlighted and bolded that word, REFUNDABLE. Mind you, this is after they approved me. So I paid it. They then didn't contact me for several weeks. So I had to reach out. Joy stated they found something on my credit report and couldn't move forward, I had to initiate this communication! I'm not sure how they didn't see that at first when they stated I was approved? She then stated they would be holding half of my payment back.

After two more weeks of no refund or reply, I followed up again and she stated they now would be holding back more money for a credit report. It occurred to me that I was being targeted. They cant charge people for a credit report that hadn't paid the $500 yet, so how was this legally being passed on to me? It's almost as if they wanted me to pay the money, then decline me, just to profit off that. Disgusting business practice, hence the title of my review. Joy seemed genuine and kind at first, but I was clearly duped. Do not work with this company, at this rate they will be out of business like Countrywide for their shady business practices. I still have not seen a refund.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

So my mortgage was sold to Arvest central mortgage about the same time we changed insurance companies. So my previous insurance company would only release a escrow refund to the mortgage company so I called Arvest and spoke with a gentleman to get the address to send my refund check to them. I then called the previous insurance company and they mailed a check... So I checked on it about 3 weeks later and was told that was the wrong address so I had to call the previous ins company back and they stopped payment and reissued another check, that was 9/6. The check was mailed to the correct address on 9/6 so I called to check on it last week and was told they still don’t have it.

I called the previous insurance company back and they gave me the check number and amount. I called today only to be transferred to 5 different people and was told again no check. I called the previous insurance company back and was told they cashed it on 9/16. Now I was so upset me having to deal with the laziness of their employees.

I finally spoke to a lead which said she would call the insurance company for me and then forward a copy of the check. Then I paid my mortgage on the 9-15 and paid a little more than the amount, late fees apply after 9/16. Got my bill today and they charged me a late fee on 9/15 so I had to call them again and the girl was not sure why it charged me a late fee but she would take care of it. This company needs to be investigated... They should not be dealing with people’s mortgage and have a 1/2 ** attitude!! What a nightmare, I have never had any problems with any other mortgage company so I guess now we have to refinance to get our loan with someone that knows how to handle it!

Arvest Central Mortgage Company Company Information