2. Mortgages

Little Rock, AR

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.33/5

Arvest Central Mortgage Company Reviews

Original review: May 4, 2020

We just refinanced. We were told the payoff was short. Gave us an amount. Called to get explanation. Got a different answer. By the time I got this settled I had been given 5 different amounts. Which I believe is still incorrect. We are so happy to get away from this company. I have sold real estate for many years and I refinanced several times. This company charges you for everything. No one there knows what they are doing.

Original review: April 22, 2020

I had a mortgage with Arvest and didn't like the fact that you have to pay extra to pay on-line. Sure, it's not bank breaking, but why are they so greedy?? I mailed my checks and they kept holding them. I knew they would eventually hold it long enough to charge a late fee (to make up for not paying the on-line fee). And they finally did it. I put the check in the mailbox on the 4th and they finally acknowledged it on the 19th (the 15th is late fee day). So it took 14 or 15 days for my check to reach them, I don't believe that for a minute. The next day I started refinance procedures with a better company. I had to still pay Arvest the next month, so I had the mail certified to be sure. They got the check in 2 days and cashed it 2 days after that.

Greedy and unethical, they definitely are not there for us that have the mortgage. After that loan was paid off, Arvest sent me a letter to let me know they had accepted the pay-off and my loan with them was done, it was worked like 'look how great we are, we let you pay-off your loan with us, we're so awesome'. Awful! Before you get a mortgage, make sure they will not be selling it off, especially if Arvest is on the list.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2020

I refinanced my home and the original mortgage company sold my loan immediately to Arvest. Their website does not allow you to set up your payment on a bi-weekly basis. Actually, it does not let you set it up at all. When I tried calling customer support, I was on hold for over an hour without anyone answering. I tried on another day and was told to Press '1' for a call back. I did not receive a call back. Now on my 3rd day of trying to reach Arvest, I waited for 30 minutes, then again was given option to Press "1" for a call back. So far, I have not received a call back. I am very worried about this company after reading all the horrible reviews. I hope this is not the start of something bad :(. Since I did not have a choice in who the Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group sold my load to, I feel like I have been scammed.

Original review: April 9, 2020

So I have my Mortgage with them. During these hard times this is their way of helping. You can take up to a 6 month mortgage break but after 6 months you have to either pay it all back or agree to a repayment plan which runs along side your existing mortgage payments. They won't tell you what that plan would look like UNTIL the end of the possible 6 month extension. Basically they are putting the Burden Straight back onto their customer not like 99% of all the other Lenders that simply let you take a three month break and add that to the end of your mortgage end date. They obviously add the missed Interest onto your existing loan over the remaining period so you get a slight increase on the original monthly amount which is fair. I WILL BE LEAVING WHENEVER I GET THE FIRST OPPORTUNITY!!!! Shame on you.

Original review: March 24, 2020

This company is ridiculous. First of all they charge you to make a payment on THEIR website. To avoid this, I send them a payment through my bank. I refuse to pay someone to take my money and I also REFUSE to give them my banking information. Then I make payments every two weeks for budgeting purposes and they charge me a late fee because they can't figure it out. I am actually AHEAD of my payments that are due. They have the audacity to tell me that the only way I can make payments every two weeks is to be on their special program where it auto deducts every other Friday. Again tell them, "No, I'm not giving you my bank information." It really isn't hard people....

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arvest Central Mortgage Company?

Original review: March 15, 2020

We made our normal mtg payment, their system will go into your bank account and attempt the draft every so many minutes until it is confirmed. They attempted to draft mine 4 times in one day, on a weekend, and the bank paid them twice. They overdrafted my bank account. When we called to see what was going on. They said they didn't get a response from the bank so they kept drafting. They showed they got two payments. It took 3 days to get them to return the ed extra payment, and then they sent them both back, charged us a late fee and dinged our credit report with a late payment. They would not cover any of the overdraft fees. It was all our fault. They have a canned response for every situation and it all ends up being your ** fault and costs you money.

Original review: March 9, 2020

My mortgage was also sold to Arvest Central Mortgage. On my first payment I made a huge additional principal payment. I checked my account after it was applied and noticed not all of the funds were applied correctly (only about $40.) I sent a nice email asking where the additional funds had gone since I was following an amortization schedule I got at closing. A few days later I got a response apologizing for the mistake and correcting it. Since then I have had no issues with payments or having my taxes and insurance paid correctly and on time. I don't work for this company but I can't help but wonder why all these other folks are having issues. I have only made my payments with a check so haven't used any online payment opportunities but like I said, my first check which was over $100,000 was accepted with pretty much no problems.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

FEES!!!! They will charge you a $5 fee for each extra payment you make on their online website via EFT. Never ever has a mortgage company, car or government website has charged extra to make an online payment for a loan of any kind. This is a principal payment to buy down my loan. They will also charge an $10 fee to make an extra home loan payment over the phone. These guys are greedy and money hungry!!! You should be encouraged to make extra payments not try to steal money from homeowners making extra payments!!!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

Well the one positive review they have was probably by an employee. I not only pay my mortgage on time, I pay extra principal ever month. I own a ton of property. Worse than Regions, which is saying a lot. They have screwed up the escrow account, taking more money every month then overpaying the insurance (just got a check from the insurance company.) They post payments incorrectly on a regular basis... their favorite column is "unapplied payments." Half the time their online payment system doesn't work. The information on the billing statement that you get online doesn't always reflect what is actually going on... Like I sent two payments in one month, so they added a late charge to the next statement... Why? I guess they assumed it must be late rather than early? You can write them multiple letters, they send you a form letter and then don't do anything at all. I'm contacting the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Eagle Mortgage sold my mortgage to them. THEY SUCK!!! Setting up automatic draft is a total pain in the butt. Then, they are retarted with my escrow. Because, they want more money than what taxes that I will owe for next year. I pray that this company will go bankrupt.

Arvest Central Mortgage Company Company Information