1.01/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1422 US Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

My wife's account was used to pay my credit card down by 1600.00 not by her or I but by a scam low interest card caller who somehow took money from her account putting her account into overdraft fees and etc. After that they reduce my credit limit claiming they cant refund her the money cause it would go above my credit limit. So we feel they committed fraud themselves and are hiring a lawyer cause at the time my credit limit was enough. So US Bank is in for a world of hurt. I have a lot of business contacts with US Bank and they have started closing their accounts. And my type of business is a 9.5 billion business. It's not about the money. It's about correcting your mistakes.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

My city incorrectly classified my property as vacant and sent me an exorbitant tax bill which US Bank paid. No issue here. When I realized this I got DC to correct the error and credit my account. We're talking a ton of money here. Anyway my city has been great since the error and all US Bank really has to do is request a refund due to overpayment. It's been pulling teeth for weeks. It's killing me & it's total apathy.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Deposited over $1800 check into my new savings. Came back the next day to withdraw some cash and was told my account was put on a hold for Minimum payment which was $25. In which she could see that I had well over 25 dollars in the account but still would not give me any money. I was leaving town that night for work and would have no way to get any money. Called customer service. She told me there was no reason she couldn't have given me money but there was nothing she could do because the bank had already closed for the day. Thanks a lot US Bank Carlinville IL.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

This bank uses unethical tactics to charge late fees every month. Their customer service is terrible when calling in. They are not interested in listening or understanding your complain, only in their own agenda. Stay away! I’ve been a customer for over 8 years and have had not had any negative remarks on my credit with a score over 800.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I have been a loyal Customer with US Bank with 5 Business Accounts, 1 Personal Checking Account, 1 Savings accounts and 4 Credit Card accounts, 3 Personal and 1 Business Credit card. US Bank decides to close 2 of my personal credit cards with high limits and my only Business credit card that also has a high limit without my acknowledgment nor did they send me any notification letters in the mail/email. The only reason I found out is because I went online to my accounts and noticed that 3 of my credit card accounts were missing. When I called Bill ** in the Card Member Services Payment Risk Department he advised me that he decided to close the accounts because I was a high risk for having too many authorized users on my credit card and I had been adding and removing. Keep in mind all credit cards are in good standing and even 2 of the 3 he closed had zero balances.

I advised him that US Bank allows their customers to add and remove authorized user up to 7 on each credit card so how is that a risk for US bank and why am I being punished for something that the bank allows... I really questioned him on my Business credit card because a company can add and take away however many authorized users as they want because employees come and go, then he tried to switch it up and say my business credit card was closed because they need additional verification from me like my ID and Social Security card/ and my business EIN in order to re-open my business card. I told him that I have not received any notifications from US Bank requesting this information or any emails and that they already have all this information as I had to provide it from the very beginning to their underwriting department in order to be approved.

I challenged him and stated why would US Bank take such an aggressive approach to close my business credit card 1st before allowing me to provide whatever additional documentation he claimed they need. Keep in mind that I have had this Business credit card for 3 1/2 years with Excellent payment history and even keeping my usage way below 30%. Also I advised him that my personal accounts that he closed had a zero balance and no alarming activity has taken place with these cards so why does it matter that I have authorized users, that's my right and I will be held accountable if anything did happen... Bill ** was very unhelpful, he was not being upfront and the reasoning he gave for doing this to me was ridiculous. He also had the audacity to not be truthful to me at 1st and tell me that once the credit cards are closed he can not re-open them.

Now go figure a Company like US Bank which is a multi Billion Dollar company does not stand behind their own Core Values and hires people that are not forthcoming with their customers and make their customers feel like they have committed fraud but when it's them committing the fraud against us. I also left a voicemail fro George ** which is Bill ** supervisor and have not received a call back. I am taking this complaint to P.W. Parker the Vice Chairman and Chief Risk Officer and to Mark G. Runkel the Executive VP and Chief Credit Officer of US Bank. I have a lawyer on speed dial if I do not receive appropriate and timely responses from the Executives.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about US Bank?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I have had my card with US bank for over 12 years and the first time I call their customer service number They ** was the rep that answered and she is a miserable person wow. I don't think she even wants to work for the company because she does not care about customers at all. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said, "There is no one else in the building that can help you." I asked her if I request a credit limit increase with my 800 FICO will it be a hard inquire or a soft one she could not answer that either. Shouldn't your staff have better training and more knowledge about how credit works and what the difference is.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I was seduced into signing up for a new credit card by US Bank even though I have a wallet full of high priced reward cards. This new card had a benefit that none of my other cards had, at least not as generous of a benefit. What seduced me was cell phone insurance, for all my cell phones, as long as I charged my cell phone bill to my new US Bank Platinum Visa card. The insurance was for accidental damage or theft. This insurance carried only a $25 deductible (I had another card that had a $100 deductible for the same cell phone insurance). So I signed up for the US Bank Platinum Visa and paid my AT&T statement with the card. A few months past and the microphone on my iPhone began to act up and people could not hear what I was saying when I spoke with them on my iPhone.

I went to the Genius Bar at my local Apple store and had them diagnose the problem. They concluded that the phone was damaged and could not be fixed and wrote a report saying that I needed to replace the phone. Lucky for me I had cell phone insurance, so I thought. Somehow the insurance carrier for my US Bank Visa, Card Benefits Services, determined that the non-functional microphone did not qualify for accidental damage and they denied my claim. I contacted US Bank executive resolution team and asked them to look into why my claim was denied and they could not provide me with a rational explanation for upholding their insurance carrier’s decision.

I would not recommend to friends or family that they sign up for a US Bank Platinum VISA because the card is not competitive in features and benefits to my other cards, except for that one benefit, which did not even live up to the commitment in their own brochure for the US Bank Platinum VISA. I only charged my cell phone service fees to the US Bank VISA card, all my other expenses were charged to my far superior credit cards, so I now I won’t even use my US Bank VISA for that one monthly expense. Insurance that is unwilling to pay legitimate, documented claims consistent with their stated coverage is worth nothing.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

On Thanksgiving day I see my bank account was closed due to negative balance which has direct deposit and was told I was sent notices of the account being closed which I did not receive. I go into local branch do paperwork to have check revert to another acct I have with U.S. Bank handled by the asst manager. Told I would get the check a couple of days after it was at the bank in new acct. Why was the check sent back and was told they did not catch the check in time to put it in the new acct which was a lie. They did not check info. I had to fill out to revert the check to the other acct and sent it back. I will not deal with this bank anymore and will not refer anyone to bank with this bank. They are liars and thieves and try to cover up their mistakes.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

On Nov 5 I went into the Colerain Hills location and the branch manager Kyle ** was very rude so I closed my acct. Left and called. Was able to get another account same day. Different account number to have Kyle ** close my new account WITHOUT ME BEING NOTIFY. I was told I had 30 days to make a deposit of $25. They closed my account on Nov 13. It wasn’t even 30 days. I had until Dec 5. I was told today when I called to see why my account was closed. I received a closed account statement for both account But NEVER ANY PAPERS ON WHAT I WAS TOLD TODAY.

I knew about the one cause I signed the paper to close it but the second I was told it was Closed to Branch manager discretion. I WAS NEVER NOTIFY at all. I have gave my employer the new account for direct deposit. I Get paid tomorrow. Now I will in the dark. Car will be repoed. Rent late. I was discriminated because was a ** lady. What kind of business close a new customer account due to how they feel? I will calling my lawyer tomorrow to get some paperwork drew up. I’m very upset. I been at work since 4:55 am to 3 pm and I come home to calling y’all to tell me that. I needs answer. I smell a lawsuit for discrimination.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

We were charged $395 for “contract termination fee” when we had complied with all terms of the lease and returned the car 2 months before the end of lease! Ridiculous to charge a fee at the end of your lease! The lease is supposed to end and you are supposed to return the car. Will NEVER do business with US Bank again!

US Bank Company Information