3.30/5
Based on 1,127 ratings submitted in the last year

1540 US Bank Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 23, 2019

Avis incorrectly charged me on a credit card in Canada and I was charged for that amount and a foreign transaction fee of $11.19. Avis reversed that charge but US bank did not reverse that amount. After talking to the customer service they said this cannot be reversed. Any other bank would have reversed that fee just for being a customer for so many years but they would just not do it. Worst customer service ever.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Our mortgage is through US Bank so when my husband received a letter to open a checking account and receive $250 promotion once qualified deposits etc we figured good move so easy to pay mortgage - so we opened a joint account online in the beginning of March. Told we met the qualifications as of April 19, 2019 and would take 8-10 weeks to receive the promotional $250. So we waited - after the 10 weeks we contacted again and funny they show no record of sending me or my husband any letter for a promotion -- I must have made up the promotion code up out of thin air and just happened to be correct.

So, now because they don't show a record of sending us anything and I didn't hold on to my letter for like 4 or 5 months we are not receiving the money. It was like the guy was calling us liars - tells me without any proof we are not entitled. Your company sent it to us and now telling us we are in the wrong. It is just a joke -- cancelling my account and will be looking at moving my mortgage elsewhere also. Horrible customer service!!!

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 17, 2019

My first transaction with US Bank, signed a lease and they are trying to increase my payments without notice, that can’t be legal. Employees say they don’t see why there would be a change, so they open cases for me, they don’t call me or the dealership, although they say they’re going to do both, and close the case. BEWARE.

Original review: July 15, 2019

They closed my husband's bank account without notice. He was with good standing. He called them to find out and they say that they dont have to give him a reason why they closed the account. They are very rude and unrespectful. I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO STOP BANKING OR NEVER BANKING WITH THEM! They are very unreliable and could just close your bank account with no apparent reason.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I read through the other reviews before posting this and agree with all of them. What has happened to this company?! I have been banking with US Bank for over a decade and they are uncooperative and treat me like I am a trying to steal from them. I am asked for ID for depositing cash less than $1000 into my OWN account and then it is sometimes held overnight. They told me to apply for a loan that I needed to prove that my husband lives with me. WHAT?!

It used to be a bank where the same people were there each day and I knew them and they knew me. The turnover is horrific and I never recognize the management. The newest change in my small town is that appointments are required to talk to a banker and they must be called in or scheduled online. Again, WHAT?! I needed HELOC information and was told it wasn't possible without an appointment. I will move every single account, including my mortgages, as soon as I can do all the paperwork. I am appalled in the change in this company. I will also sell the stock that I have to be completely rid of US Bank. I am so disappointed in the change in leadership.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about US Bank?

Original review: July 14, 2019

I signed up for a US Bank Mastercard at a retail merchant with the promise of receiving a $100 credit/refund upon using the card for a purchase within 90 days. I made a first purchase within 2 weeks of activating my card. It is now 14 weeks since signing up for the card and I still have not received the promised $100.

During several calls over the past 2 months, I have been told that I am: not eligible for the $100, that I am eligible for the $100 and I should be receiving it shortly, that it can take up to 12 weeks from the date of purchase, and now told that it can take up to 12-14 weeks from the date US Bank approved my card for the refund program - a date that US Bank now claims is approx 2 months after I activated and used the card. I believe I was sold a credit card under false pretenses and that US Bank is utilizing unscrupulous business practices to delay payment and accrue more interest. I filed a formal complaint with the BBB.

UPDATE: US Bank contacted me after reviewing my complaint with the BBB and promised in writing to issue the $100 credit. I accepted their resolution and closed the complaint. A month later, they sent me a letter indicating they would not honor that promise. I confirmed that position with a US Bank supervisor today. I will be exploring the option of filing a complaint with the FTC.

Original review: July 3, 2019

US Bank is the worst! I absolutely can't not believe they turned me down for a credit card. I have been in business for 3 fulls years and have done my businesses checking account thru them the whole time. I have 5 thousand dollars or MORE running thru my account every month and they still turned me down!!

Original review: July 3, 2019

Post office returned two statements for $20. I did not realize I had a balance. I changed my address to a PO Box that they did not like - they wanted physical address. I live rurally and have no delivery. The preferred a physical address which I have them I had collected airline points for 16 years and was planning a trip to Europe. Before they cancel the card they added $99 for an annual fee and then two late payments so my $22 for a $226 balance. I was unable to get the points back and I could not get another card. Kick in the head.

Original review: July 2, 2019

U.S. Bank is defrauding international customers of millions of dollars a year and I can prove it. I am an American citizen. I have been living in Mexico for 17 months. During that time I have lost between $6,000 to $10,000 because of the currency exchange rate U.S. Bank provides for international customers. Example June 3rd 2019 ATM withdrawal 9000 pesos ATM fee 46.28 pesos. Amount removed from my account in u.s. dollars 472.01. Visa currency calculator will simply tell you if you had a 3% international processing fee that US Bank charges that that number is way off then you can also add the 14.16 u.s. dollars for the international processing fee as well as the $2.50 non US Bank ATM fee for a total of US currency 488.67.

The Visa currency calculator will tell you that on that withdraw of that amount of American currency $472.01 9644.75 pesos is what I should have received. My total withdrawal was 9000 pesos. That 644.75 pesos amounts to $32.80 US currency that disappeared from my account on one single transaction and that has been going on for the last 17 months. If you or a family member have a bank account with US Bank I suggest you check your statements and you are going to see what I say is correct. Also left 3% international processing fee will not line up with the amount of purchase. It will always come out to more with shows. More currency is leaving your account than is necessary even for the processing fee. I will soon be filing a lawsuit against US Bank for defrauding international customers. William.

Original review: June 26, 2019

US Bank have numerous unqualified Mortgage Loan Processors. I literally did the processors job for her. I was never made a priority! The processor would not return phone calls and was not successful at getting any documents. The stress was so bad I could not sleep! If you looking to buy a house, do not use US Bank. Go elsewhere and you will be made a priority.

US Bank Company Information