1.22/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

US Bank

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

US Bank Reviews

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I became a customer of this bank by attrition. They took over my previous bank. The transition was very smooth and their customer service reached out to me to assure I was comfortable with the change. My previous bank was a local entity. I was pleasantly surprised to find that US Bank had locations nationwide. This proved very convenient whenever I traveled. Using their online services is easy and, so far, very safe. The customer service reps are very friendly and always helpful when I have to go into the bank to transact business. Though I have very little money, they always make me feel that my business is just as important to them as their corporate customers.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I'm very satisfied, overall, with US Bank associated with its on-line functionality, as well as, the available physical resources, nationwide network of branches & ATMs. Furthermore, US Bank has investment services so I'm able to truly benefit from a one-stop-shopping relationship with US Bank.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: July 29, 2019

Have no problem getting on the Website and it is easy to find what you need to see. They are very happy to help you with any issues that come up. Have not had any serious problems to deal with. Have had this bank for a few years.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I used a personal banker to help me get the best value! I was working and could not do all the value research so I would email him the vehicle details and he would tell me the real loan value! I went in and bought my car in an hour! The dealership had no idea how to react! Personal relationships are still the best way to go!

Original review: May 12, 2019

The loan process was the easiest we've ever gone through! We had loan 'assistants' who literally walked us through each step of the process, which was successful! US Bank is very customer friendly and it seems they almost hope for a problem, somewhere, so they can fix it! Bank staff are very friendly and are always willing to take the time to explain certain processes so that customers, like me, understand fully, and we appreciate that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about US Bank?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Doesnt matter which branch, what time of the day or week, service is horrendous. Simple transactions take 10 minutes. Forget the drive-up windows, dont waste your time or pack a lunch to eat while you sit in your car wasting gasoline. US Bank has laid off a bunch of tellers also which makes things even worse. Put your money someplace else, US Bank has forgotten the concept of service to all but its largest depositors. Lousy, lousy, lousy service.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I was traveling overseas and because of multiple logins to the account in different areas, my account was disabled. It took over two hours to get ahold of somebody to enable it again - 5 phone call later... Credit card companies will send you an alert that you respond to. Not USBank. They just lock the account. Being a bank this size, you think there could be more than one person that could handle my situation, as I assume it happens all of the time. Not very impressed with US Bank. My Credit Union is much more responsive and it is indeed the better choice.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

US Bank is by far the worst banking experience I have ever had. I can call about the same issue 5 different time and get 5 different answers. No one has any ideas what is going on or takes initiative to help you. Their goal is to get you off the phone as quick as possible and be done. Issues I have had...

* After my divorce, the mailing address on my account kept getting changed to my ex's new address. I called multiple times to have the address corrected, only for it be wrong again by the next statement. They could not tell me how it was getting changed. One person said my ex called and changed it. Another told me they got a notification from the post office. Yet another told me that "I" had changed it (so dumb). Yet another said he had created his own online profile and changed it online.

* Their fees are outrageous - They claim to have mailed me an escrow check, but I never received it. They then charged me (I believe $40) to reissue. They charge to make a payment if you do not have autopay set up. They wanted to charge me $800 to remove my ex from the loan, even though I had a court document stating that the house was granted to me.

* Outdated technology - To change your auto pay, you have to FAX a letter weeks in advance (no option to change online or email). Also, you do not get any confirmation, so you don't know if they received it or not until your next payment is missed because they never set it up.

* After selling my house, I requested an address change... They changed it on the account, but apparently not the mortgage (wtheck?) so my escrow check was returned.

* My taxes were paid twice (not their fault). The appraisal district returned the money to US Bank over a month ago, but they say they have not received it.

* Customer service reps are polite, but lack knowledge (need training), and are not personable. They but the burden of researching and follow-up all on you.

I would NEVER recommend US Bank or use them again... even if they had better rates.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I had US Bank for some time now. But as of last week Nov, 27 2019 refinanced with a different company. They said for me to call US Bank and cancel my December payment as because of my refinance. So I called and the lady on the line said, "no money will come out in December" ... Well today December 2 I checked my bank statement and there it is, a withdraw from US Bank. Now either the woman was lying to me. Or she hasn't a clue on what she is doing.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I was the victim of fraudulent activity on my checking account and first of all, was not alerted by US Bank that there were 6 ATM charges within 3 days in a completely different state. Long story short, it took nearly 30 days for me to receive credit for the fraudulent charges, after many phone calls to customer Service representatives that incorrectly recorded the fraud claims, told me that they sent me documentation which later was verified that they did not, and spoke to over 5 US Bank employees that simply had no idea what they were doing. I would recommend NEVER using US Bank. PS. They charge you fees for pretty much every activity that takes place on your account.

US Bank Company Information