1.15/5
Based on 131 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 24, 2018

1335 US Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 24, 2018

US Bank incorrectly documented and input a banking transaction that went on for over 6 months and now wants payment on an issue they say was resolved. I received a letter stating the US Bank was double billing me for an auto payment that my bank sends out like clockwork every month. I called US Bank and their automated system stated that they had received payment and that the payment was processed.

Not satisfied I spoke with a teller, documented their name and time/date of the call and stated that the payment was not showing up in my account as processed and to please check their records. The teller told me that the payment was received and processed and that I was in the clear. They also stated that I needed to call my bank and ensure that they process the payment on their end as well. I did that and my bank stated that the payment was sent but not cashed. I asked if they could call US Bank and resolve, stated no and that I needed to call.

I called back again to US Bank, spoke with another teller, documented date/time and name, had them check the system and the automated teller. Both stated that the payment was received and that maybe it's just taking longer than usual to process and show up in my account. I had spoken to US Bank and my bank as the go between because neither was willing to talk to each other to resolve the issue. After 6 months, US Bank sends me a notice that they have not received the payment in question and that I need to pay it within 30 days or they will start action to negatively impact my credit. I called them, tried conveying this information to the teller, he stated that that's all well and good but I still owe them money.

I asked to speak to a supervisor, he brought up the US Bank had paid a provisional payment to my account due to non receipt 6 months ago and that I still owed them money. I told him about the transactions, gave him the dates and times of the conversations showing that I performed due diligence in trying to resolve the issue, what his people stated and that they stated the issue was resolved. I asked him to review the recordings and he stated that his tellers made mistakes on both occasions and that I still owed them money. I may be wrong, but if thats the case and the customer has done everything correctly to rectify the issue, then it's your company's responsibility to eat the mistake, perform more training to preclude reoccurrence, and apologize to the customer for any inconvenience.

I will do my best to pay this account off as early as possible and you can bet your bottom dollar that I will pay extra money in the future if necessary to avoid doing business with this unprofessional institution. The manager on the other end of the phone sounded phony tough, not face to face tough, and I'm quite sure an up close and personal conversation surely would have changed his tone!

Original review: May 23, 2018

Line of Credit (Loans): I called customer service because a creditor of mine with whom I have set up EFT transactions was overcharging my account. This is my first HELOC account. I called US Bank to ask what they recommend. They recommended suspending the account or closing the account. I explained that because I have several creditors EFT’ing my account each month, this would be unacceptable. I explained that I would go back to the offending creditor and try to cancel the EFT. Two days later, I attempted to make a purchase using the HELOC but that transaction was declined. I called US Bank and was placed on hold for twenty minutes. I hung up and called back and after being transferred and being placed on hold, the call lasted over an hour, I was told that my HELOC was disabled and that it was unavailable. For the next couple of days, I called US Bank several times to get the account out of the disabled status.

I was told by one operator that it would be taken care of within 48 hours and to call back then. I was told that US Bank would reverse the dispute and free the account. When I called after the 48 hours, I was told the account could not be placed out of disabled status and that new cards had to be issued. I was told it could take weeks to get the new cards. It has been two, almost three weeks since this happened and my account is still disabled and I have no new cards. I have had to work with my creditors to make other arrangements until this issue gets resolved. Here are my issues: I did not authorize US Bank to file a dispute or to disable my account. In fact I advised against it. It is my opinion that US Bank is treating my situation this way because they disagree with how I am using the account - they have expressed this to me several times. I need to have my account freed and cards issued ASAP!!

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 22, 2018

This has been the absolute worst experience I have ever dealt with concerning any banking institute. This bank, literally lost over $6000 of my money. They have messed up, messed up and messed up, admitted to their mess ups, but can and will do absolutely NOTHING to fix THEIR mistakes. On Thursday of last week, I was told by this bank that they had received my tax refund. They told me that the funds would be loaded into my account by 7 pm that day. At 8 pm, no funds so I called back. I was out on hold for awhile and then told that they had a supervisor doing an investigation to FIND my money!!!! Then the supervisor, Juan, told me that because the deposit was over $5000 they had to submit a high velocity ticket to get the funds loaded and that it would take up to 72 business hours. This was on Thursday.

On Tuesday my funds were still not there so I called again, Juan, the supervisor answered the phone (again). Once again I was told they had to find my funds and was put on hold. Then I was told that he submitted another ticket to find out where my money was and that it would take up to 4 hours to get a reply. He advised me that there might be a possibility that my money got sent back to the IRS but was not able to give me that info. Then he let me know that they had received the high velocity ticket and "misread" it and had sent him something asking for correct info because they "assumed" the ticket was asking for a cash withdrawal when it was really a cash deposit. He told me he could. It confirm though whether or not his bank still had my money or if it had been sent back to the IRS, because of their mistake and noncommunication.

While on the phone with him, I looked at the IRS website and saw that they had in fact sent my money back to the IRS. Now because this bank completely messed up the handling of my deposit, I have to wait a MONTH for the IRS to issue a check and mail it to my house!!! And even though, they admit that it was completely their fault, they are unwilling to do anything to fix it. I will make sure, every single person, I EVER talk to from now on, stays away from this institution. I am also going to contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint with them. I also will be going on every single social media platform there is, to let people know NOT to put their money in this bank. This has been a horrifying experience for me.

I am a single mother of 3, and who works very hard for what I have, and now this bank has caused me to not be able to touch $6000 of my money for over a month because of their complete lack of professionalism, knowledge, customer service, etc. I personally spoke to Juan, the supervisor over 4 times between Thursday and Tuesday. He is suppose to be the supervisor but he answered the phone everytime I called. When I asked him to speak to his supervisor, he told me that I couldn't because they don't get on the phones!!! So this bank received $6000 of my money, spoke with me and knew that I was awaiting this deposit, lost my money then found it and sent it back to the IRS!!! And they "DON'T GET ON THE PHONES???"

I have never been so upset in all my life with a company, but I have made it my personal goal to make sure that EVERYONE knows what y'all do with people's money!!! It is literally my promise to spend every single day that I will be waiting for my money to get here, going out of my way on every platform I can find, to let people know now to stay far far away from your company with their money.

Original review: May 8, 2018

Negative stars... horrible, horrible, horrible experience - turned my Escalade in last November 2017 (today is May 2018) and they lost the truck. Continued to charge me monthly payments, claimed they repossessed the car, made a claim on our credit. Been dealing with more than 7 departments and over 10 representatives and no one has been able to straighten out or finalize the account. Run, run, run.

Original review: May 5, 2018

After being talked into opening a business account and promising a business loan from the local Midvale Utah office It began when the account was over 90 days old. I had run quite a few deposits for over $5,000 at a time. I deposited a check just over $11,000.00 from a well known large corporation. The next day I went to use the debit card and the account was frozen, I then went into the branch that I was using the ATM not my home branch.

The manager was really nice and continued to tell me that for some reason they froze my account for the amount being too large and the only ones that could help me was my home branch and they had been notified of the freeze and failed to contact me about it. I went to my home branch and argued with them and they called the manager at the branch I had just left because she did the floor work and called the other bank to make sure check would clear so it could be unfroze. They told me it could take two weeks to unfreeze our business account.

The next day it ended up available and unfrozen so we paid our mortgage and went and withdrew the rest of the money minus the bills we paid and left about $2,000 in the account extra as a cushion. The manager gave my husband some dirty looks and was short and snippy with attitude. We took the money to a credit union we have had with the business for over 2 years. Well we get a call about a week later. Our mortgage had been sent back to the mortgage company that the account had been closed! I was upset because we had never closed our account and there was still a large amount in the account. The mortgage company said, "We can’t take payment from this account because it’s closed and you're being charged a return fee."

I called the manager that was in the other branch that was so helpful instead of my home branch because they made us feel like criminals for depositing over $11,000.00. She checked our account and said, "I don’t understand how it was sent back as account closed. This is a healthy open account." She was willing to write a letter to my mortgage company but instead I am withdrawing the rest of the money so I can pay it off the other account! I had our old mortgage with US and never had a issue. As soon as we open a business account it’s not business friendly. I would caution any business to use them if they are dealing with anything over $10,000.00.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about US Bank?

Original review: May 2, 2018

In < 24 hours of finding out USB posted debits prior to credits & my account's "Available Balance" not "Account Balance" (I wasn't notified even though was told I would be given email alerts), I added cash, but USB charged $36 OD Fee. If you look over the Account Balance, funds were available, but I was charged a $36 increased OD Fee anyway.

After 10 years I'm finally closing my account even though I have a pending $2150 PayPal deposit since they refused to remove the fee in lieu of losing a 10-yr+ customer who had available funds. They were even confused as to why I was charged the OD Fee & took over 20 minutes before explaining they posted debits first which then gave me a negative "available balance" (again not a negative Account Balance) for a whopping 3 hrs??? I would've cashed the check at Huntington prior to depositing if I knew they purposely post transactions at the customer's disadvantage.

They didn't even care to lose me as a customer (especially since house is selling & will have over $50k to deposit soon), and since most of my deposits come from Huntington, I might as well open an account there where they care about customers (my daughter has her account there & loves it). My available balance never went into the negative, however USB still charged $36 OD Fee & refused to remove it. Horrible Customer Experience - anyone with a US Bank account should immediately close it!!!

Original review: April 30, 2018

Horrible bank. The checking account was the worst I ever seen. I tried to deposit a check... Nope 200$ daily limit. My check was just for $205!!! Like a fool I applied for their credit card cause of the 150$ bonus and got a useless $500 card. When I applied for a cli 3 months later got denied and had my TU pulled 2 times just 1 day in between!!! I'm just going to close it too. What am I suppose to do with a $500 card? I got multiple cards with 10k+ limits on my report. Why not at least give me 2000 or something reasonable? Nope looks like this bank is on par with Credit One... To be avoided!!!

Original review: April 28, 2018

I have horrible experience with US Bank. The more you are good to this bank the more bad they treat you. I have been paying my bills on time for many years. They send me a letter in the mail threatening me to close my account and paying The full amount or accept the increase of the interest rates which is very very high interest rates. They think they corner me and I have no choice but to accept high interest rates. Every time I try to call them they pretend they don't understand what I am talking about. Please help me because if this situation continue I am going to lose my business.

Original review: April 25, 2018

US Bank could not arrange to have my homeowner's insurance payment deposited in a timely manner. Forty days from when they claim to have cut the check, my insurance carrier was still saying they hadn't received it. To add insult to injury, US Bank had the nerve to send me a letter stating that I was required to have insurance, I needed to provide them a letter stating I had obtained insurance, and if they didn't receive the letter, they'd go out and get a policy for me that may not have been the equal to what I had before... Oh yes, and that they strive to provide the best service in the mortgage industry. This from the same bank that knew I was fighting to get them to send payment from my escrow account.

I finally threw up my hands and paid my insurance company with a credit card (which I NEVER should have had to have done if the bank had done their job in the first place). All they could do is fall back on..."Well, we cut the check." What they should have said is, "We're cutting another one and expediting it to your insurance carrier." That was apparently too much to ask for. Funny, I'm pretty sure they're making money on my mortgage and that payment out of escrow is part of their job. If they treat their good customers like this, I can only imagine how they handle other problems. One star is one too many for this bank when they can't even handle a simple problem like payment out of escrow.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Right after US Bank was fined hundreds of millions by the government, they nearly doubled my business card APR. They have no given no reason for this except that "they can do it" on business cards without any recourse. I am extremely sorry that we ever used this dodgy bank! We are closing this account and you should never use this bank!!

Original review: April 21, 2018

I have been banking with US Bank for a few years now and up until the past couple of months they've taken at least $300 in ridiculous fees out of my accounts (savings and checkings) when I have money in both accounts from my tax refund! Apparently I'm not allowed to transfer my own money from one account to another without getting charged some kind of fees each time. This bank is full of BS! When I call and try to get them to give me back my money, they say there is nothing they can do for me! If I could give them negative stars I would give them a negative 5 stars!

Original review: April 21, 2018

I have an individual savings account. Since October 2016, I have made deposits and withdrawals with coins. I was never charged a fee, even before I had an account. When a branch attempted to charge a fee for a box of coins, I filed a BBB complaint. In their response, US Bank stated there are no fees for coins for individual accounts. Recently, the branches have tried charging a $5.25 per box fee. I filed another BBB complaint. Now US Bank claims branches have been "waiving" these fees all along! And my account is now considered a "business checking account." So the branches were waiving fees that did not exist? Does this make any sense? NO! US Bank employees are out of control and like to make up policies to justify their usurious fees! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH US BANK! They are extremely crooked and unethical.

Original review: April 20, 2018

If you are thinking about using US Bank...read the horrible reviews! I traded my lease in. They charged me over $800 for trading it in. They are rude, dishonest liars. The worst leasing company I have ever dealt with. I have leased at least 10 vehicles, and this by far is the worst experience I encountered. Do yourself a favor and if your dealer says they are going to use US Bank to write your lease, RUN! They have a personal buyout price, a dealer trade in price, and they are thousands of dollars difference in their price quoting, making it near impossible to trade your vehicle at what you truly owe. They will not allow you to have any equity in the vehicle at all. I actually lost over $1000 with all their fees and nitpicky BS. I will never do business with US Bank in the form of leasing, banking or credit card. Worst ever!

Original review: April 13, 2018

I opened up a Account with them. I am a construction company. I take deposits from my clients to purchase supplies. I deposit a check yesterday. They put a hold on it. Today nothing was said about it. When I opened it now they are telling me I have to wait 5 days. I had other banks in the past. Never had that happen. I talked to the customer now. They want to find someone else to do the work. I called and went into the branch. They were all rude and said that's not their problem. So I lost a customer because of that and they didn't care now. I also have to deal with guys being paid today with no money to pay. I think this is the worst bank to have a business account at.

Original review: April 12, 2018

US Bank is the worst bank ever. They charge you tons of fees. Some don't even make sense then they try and tell you that every bank charges those fees. Which is crap. They don't want to help you at all and if you call them with a problem they just tell you that they can't help you.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I loathe this company! Their tellers should be replaced with kiosks since they cannot help with anything. They recently cancelled my atm card which had 2 years left before expiring because they sent a new one, which I never received. All my autopayments associated to the card have been terminated. Nor can I use an atm. The branches hours in my area are only open 10-4 so I have to go in on a weekend to get a replacement card for the one they never sent.

I recently made a cash and check deposit and they "fixed" my deposited amount and pocketed my cash! They closed my savings account which no one could explain yet they wouldn't fix the problem. Instead they are sticking me with an additional monthly fee for not having a savings account. I have already opened another account and will no longer give them my business. WORST BANK, CRIMINAL.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Problem 1: My Social Security # was wrong on my checking account from ever since my account was created until Jan 2018. I only came to know my SSN was incorrect because I opened a loan account with US Bank for my BMX X5 loan and both accounts were not getting linked into my US Bank online account. This problem was finally resolved only after calling the bank teller who had originally opened my account to fix my SSN to correct one on the account.

Problem 2: My Loan Payment is $1000 per month where it should be $998.** based on 3.34% at 5 year loan which started on Jan 26, 2018. This problem is still unresolved and no-one has yet taken much of interested in my problem to look further into or do anything about. I am very frustrated at this point and not such what more I can do from my end.

Problem 3: I applied for credit card on March 11th from U.S Bank website and received an e-mail stating, "We will contact you in 7-10 business days" but nothing happened. After 12 days I called into U.S.Bank credit card department trying to inquire about what happened to my credit card application and that is when I found out that as per the representative the card I applied on March 11th has no history of being applied even though I still have proof of e-mail which shows U.S. Bank has received my application. After 12 days, I had to pretty much re-apply on March 23th from scratch after hearing from a representative that "I have never applied for a credit card on March 11th" even though I have proof e-mail which was received by U.S Bank that you have received my application. Finally after replying I have received my credit card on April 1st 2018 and successfully activated the same day.

Problem 4: After applying 2nd time for the credit card I received my credit card on April 1st which was activated on the same day and used for multiple transactions in few days of arrival. Even though my card was already activated and used, I received a call from automated system of US Bank stating "we have noticed you have recently opened a credit card and your card has NOT yet been activated. Please press 1 to activate your card". Once pressing 1, I was connected to a live agent who seemed to yelled at me stating "why are you calling into a US Bank Credit card if your card was already activated and Have Good Day, bye (Hung Up)". RUDE! Thereafter, I called into US Bank Fraud department who validated that RUDE call representative who spoke to me was a US Bank employee and they will file a formal complaint and I should look forward to hearing from manager by follow up call which was never received till this date.

Problem 5: I had written a check for $4600 to one of my family member who was supposed to make a payment to someone based on my check getting deposited into their account. My check was deposited in their account on Apr 9th and they wrote their payment there after that although, on April 11th my check ($4600) was withdrawn from their (family's) account and re-deposited back to my own US Bank account. I called in to US Bank on April 11th @ 7:41PM CST and spoke to Kassandra ** who was able to find out that check was re-deposited into my US Bank due to signature mismatch on my check. Now I have had this account for god knows how long with you and now there seems to be problem with a signature??? I don't understand what is all going on and is there anything else left that can go wrong with me and all the possible services that US Bank has to offer to me?

Now one thing so far I can say positive here is out of numerous call times I have called regarding all of the listed above problems. Kassandra ** was THE ONLY person who was very helpful in understanding all of my listed above problems and listened very closely and raising it to higher management for concern whom I hope to hear back AS I NO LONGER HAVE ANY TRUST IN US BANK after what I have gone thru in last 3 month of disaster of my banking experience.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Horrible bank. Horrible customer service. They will screw up and you have to pay for it. They hold your first check deposited 5 business days only releasing 200. The hold is actually 11 days. They are drawing interest off your money. Avoid this bank!

Original review: April 8, 2018

I have had 2 experiences now with 2 different branches in the Denver area. They both have employed that are bitter, unhelpful, and downright illogical. They have so far succeeded in establishing their own rules of Banking that may not include federal rules. This is authoritarian rule with disregard for customer satisfaction. It seems they are competing with Wells Fargo as the worst bank in history.

Original review: April 8, 2018

My husband went in to a US Bank location and all he did was withdraw 10 in quarters so we could do laundry and the tellers were all VERY rude. I am thinking about changing banks after this experience.

Original review: April 5, 2018

US Bank in Covina, CA inside the Stater Bros Market - All I have to say to US Bank is **. The bank branch manager (Eric **) is punk ** liar and thief. I had personal bank account which I linked to my cousin's business merchant account, this manager dude has a ** about it and freezes the account without letting us know and then when I speak with him, he says the account needs to be changed and since my account was new, he said his so called higher ups demanded a closure of the account. There was still over 8000 left in the account which under bank policy needs to be mailed out to the account owner if the account's closed.

Tell me why this ** puts a block on the account that no other employees could figure out why when there was no fraud. Long story short, hey eric I hope someway you can read this, my cousin had you recorded every time he went in the bank to speak with you, therefore recording every ** lie you said and he also has phone recorded conversations to every rep he spoke with that confirmed you were the reason for the block. Good luck in the federal prison **.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I had a 36 month lease with US Bank. They took a 37th payment without authorization. I've been trying to get my money back for over a month now. They said they've sent it to the wrong address, which I've changed with them 8 times. And that is NOT an exaggeration on top of verifying my address the last 5 times I've called them. I moved over 2 years ago. But they seem to be able to send me current lease bills to my current address.

When I first talked to them about my money they needed a call from the dealership I left the vehicle at. They called them but US Bank wouldn't give them any information because they weren't me. The dealership called them 3 times and then we did a conference call between the dealership, myself and US Bank. I STILL am waiting on my money at this point they STOLE. This is a horrible company. And this is just one account. I won't even get into the story of them needing information from my insurance company that my insurance company sent them 3 times. It's ridiculous. THEY are RIDICULOUS!

Original review: April 3, 2018

I went to US bank, called them on my lunch break to let them know I was coming after work. And when I went in, the teller recognized my voice. And asked me to sit down and someone would be with me. No one, got back to me. It was slow as **. And the banker that was there, just had a long conversation in a Korean LANGUAGE until I left. Which was 50 minutes after. I sat there and sat there. Because I work 8-5, Mon-Fri, so if I didn’t get this taken care of, then they wouldn’t be open on weekends.

Yes, I’m a ** man... Well dressed might I add. So for them to sit there, look at me, talk in their Korean language as if I’m not the nephew of a hip hop Moguel, really grinded my gears. Also, not everything is racial. But the US BANK ON FACTORIA IN BELLEVUE, WASHINGTON, they let me know, that people still act like they were raised by Vikings in a tomb. I take that back... They are the crumby ** that sits on the bottom of the barrel... hold up, they are the puss, that feeds on the mucus, that feeds on the crumby **, that sits at the bottom of the barrel! You're working at the bank, NOT TO GIVE AND RECEIVE MONEY, but to service customers. And if I could give them a negative star, then they would have four of those sons of **!

Original review: April 2, 2018

Unethical corporation. My auto lease ended last month and they still debited my checking account for this month, despite returning the car, completing all the paperwork, doing everything they asked of me. I called a representative and she stated that the amount would be refunded 4-6 weeks after any fees etc. All other auto finance companies I have dealt with in the past have sent me bills if such were due. This is ridiculous. I would advise anyone not to deal with this bank.

Original review: April 2, 2018

Long story short, I was tricked into signing up with Elavon (the credit card processing company they use). But when I complain I'm blowing it all out of proportion. This whole ordeal has been a transaction from Hell. SHUT THIS Merchant ACCOUNT DOWN ASAP. I do NOT want Elavon services right now or in the new future. I feel betrayed by Madisen. I made it CLEAR that 95% of my transactions were online. I repeated that because I didn't want the mix up. Well, she stated on my application that I would be using "Card Present". The rate she quoted me was for swiped cards. I felt betrayed when I look at the rates on the back page that I would be paying 3.5% but I am paying 2.9% now. So no thank you.

I get mislead, received unwanted calls from your organization, and monies taken from my business account, but I AM blowing matters out of proportion. I won't apologize for being upset with the services I have received. And your lovely message just added fuel to the fire. You stated it has all been taken care of, YET I received a call AFTER your email saying it had been taken care of. YET, my account has been charged AFTER you stated it has been closed. This whole ordeal has and continues to be one freaking nightmare that I can't wake up from. You choose to be very inconsiderate instead of following up on this matter to make sure it ALL has been taken care of. My account has been charged. Please advise on my refund. Adding "Respectfully" does not make your insensitive comments in your email any less rude. Sick of it all.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Beyond outraged and disappointed in US Bank as a whole. I had my accounts drained through fraud on 2/19/18 and despite speaking with the bank almost daily since the hack, it took me almost a full month to receive my new cards. Unacceptable. Especially because they kept telling me that they were being expedited to me. Lies. I have done nothing but praise US Bank since I opened an account 2005. I am now disgusted by how I have been treated, passed around, lied to, ignored, and dismissed throughout this entire ordeal. I moved on March 1st and was worried that my card would be lost in the shuffle of the mail. I expressed this concern to every single person I encountered whether in a branch or through customer service which is why my new cards were to be rushed to a branch instead of to my address. Still, nothing has arrived to the branch - even though I was harassing them daily.

Once I finally received my 2 cards (1 week apart from each - why they weren't sent together, I do not know because they promised that they would and when I called they just admitted that it was indeed odd), I had to go into a branch to reset the password. For some reason my pin codes that I created for my temp cards were not transferred over. Ok fine, an inconvenience but not a security measure. No big deal.

BUT it is now 3/31 and I just went to a local furniture store to purchase a couch for my new home. My card was declined. When I called US Bank they told me there was a $1000 daily limit on my card now (despite never having that before) and even though the couch was only $1200 and I had plenty of money in my checking account to cover that, there was nothing they could do. What?! My only options were to leave the aisle/store counter, leave the store, find an ATM, take the remaining balance out in cash, come back and pay for the couch with part card and part cash. Are you effin kidding me?! Why can't I use MY own money in MY acct with MY card? I was so embarrassed, absolutely mortified in the store, and then beyond outraged after the call. If I hadn't reached my final straw before, I definitely have now.

Run, don't walk. The kicker was that I somehow received a replacement card for my then-closed/hacked account WEEKS before I received anything remotely usable, and now I'm being penalized for activating my card 2 wks ago with some "new account" $1000 daily spend limit. 13 years with this bank and I have been over the moon satisfied until this year. I've issued complaints, written multiples email, not one person cared or assisted. Because of that I have told everyone I know to switch to another bank and I am now writing to Consumer Affairs. Next stop is the BBB. How can you trust a bank that is not equipped to help you in a time of crisis? I wouldn't wish this service on my worst enemy.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I am an American working in Shanghai, China. In 2015, I opened an joint student checking account, non-interest bearing, with my son for him to use while attending college in California. For a couple of years, my son was able to write checks to pay for school fees. In 2017, I received letter saying the documentation on the account was incomplete, unless we address the issue, the account will be closed. This is some two years after we have been using the account regularly. I called USBank customer service immediately, a female rep reviewed my account and said that there is nothing unusual and the account is perfectly OK.

Jan 2018, I received another letter from USBank informing me that the account has been shut down, along with it, some $26,500 went missing. I called the bank again and they assured me that I will receive a check for my balance within 90 days. Now that 90 days has passed, I still don't have the check. Each time I call, I would get a rep to apologize for my "inconvenience", but no one knows where the money is. I ask for prove that they actually send me a check, but no one knows how to do it. This is absolutely the worst bank I have ever encountered in 40+ years. They are a bunch of thieves and liars.

Original review: March 29, 2018

The worst financial institution that I've ever encountered. Ever since they took over for CharterOne it has been downhill from there. I informed merchants that I no longer use their account and the merchants still try to withdraw. What does US Bank do?! Charge me for something that is out of my control! Clearly they are able to see that I no longer use their account because I haven't gotten direct deposits there in over a month. This is exactly why I am leaving this bank. Thank you all for your lack of customer care.

Original review: March 28, 2018

2 months late on payments for a credit card when I found bill pay wasn't making the 30/month payments. The late fees and late payments added $155 to the minimum payment and they keep adding the fees to the minimum payment due which keeps giving them more fees. I asked and they will not roll the fees onto the balance, they are the most corrupt bank I have ever dealt with all over a $400 balance from a 7500 original medical balance. I’m on a fixed income and can’t make the minimum 155 payment. This is a predatory business practice if I ever saw one.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I’ve been with the Archibald US Bank branch for over 20 years. And over the last 3 years their customer service has been getting worse at my every visit, I’ve even talked with the bank manager Kathy ** several times and she was very rude and unwilling to provide a service that all the other banks do, as of today I’ve decided to close all 4 of my accounts including my mortgage account and move to a bank that is accredited. I had no idea until today that U.S. Bank is not an accredited bank.

US Bank Company Information