3.31/5
Based on 1,055 ratings submitted in the last year

1509 US Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 15, 2019

We are a roofing contractor that has been taking care of a claim for the homeowner who gave us authorization to speak to their mortgage company, US Bank. They were ridiculously difficult. We are good business people and have worked with multiple mortgage companies in our 22 years of business. However, they were specifically rude in the end. Unbelievable they would not help the homeowner who asked me to find out the status.

Original review: May 14, 2019

If I could give US Bank a negative star rating, I would. Simple banking is made so difficult by this company. Can only make 3 transactions at an ATM and they lock you out. Simple money transfers has taken me 6 days now to get the money from a US Bank account to another US Bank account. Ridiculous!!! Should only take at most a day to verify both of our accounts and transfer the money. Tried 2 different ways through the send money and the Zelle platform which is a huge joke! Trying to link my checking with my husbands checking (both US Bank accounts) was like giving up our first born. What does his Monther's maiden name and personal info have to do with linking our two accounts together?

We almost lost the sale of our vehicle because my husband wrote a $9000 check and they put a hold on it. Cancelled that request because of the amount of the check. Thought it was fraud. No, they did not call us to verify, just flat out cancelled and put a hold on his account. WTH!? There is not enough room on this page to tell you all the troubles we have had with US Bank. We have been with this bank for over 30 years, started when they were originally Roosevelt Bank. It's getting ridiculous to do simple banking and this is why we are pulling all of our money out and moving to a different bank. I have never had such issues as I have with this bank for the last 5 years. I'm done. US Bank can rot in a deep hole.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 12, 2019

My family used to be in the banking business. I am appalled that if I make a payment greater than what I owe, the difference is not applied to principal, but, rather, to the loan's "per diem". I was just told that I can send in an extra payment to apply to principal, but not unless I mail it in. I live in the country. We have very poor mail service. My due date is the 22nd of each month. I usually get my invoice between 10 and 5 days before it is due. So, I've been calling in my payment. Making extra payments, expecting difference between payment due amount and what I sent to be applied to principal. Not so. I have spoken to bank personnel on more than a dozen occasions, telling the rep I was applying extra $$ to principal. They have not done so. This bank's practices are despicable. As soon as I am past the 3 year period, pre-payment penalty period, I will be refinancing with another bank.

Original review: May 12, 2019

The loan process was the easiest we've ever gone through! We had loan 'assistants' who literally walked us through each step of the process, which was successful! US Bank is very customer friendly and it seems they almost hope for a problem, somewhere, so they can fix it! Bank staff are very friendly and are always willing to take the time to explain certain processes so that customers, like me, understand fully, and we appreciate that.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Security at US Bank is horrible. Someone pretending to be me, with using a fake ID drained our savings account at three different US Bank branches by using counter withdrawal slips and two of these were even approved by upper US Bank management. Two branches even cashed fake checks that were cashed against our checking account without the money even being available in our account.

No one even notice that three withdrawals of the same amount was taken out of our savings and two of the banks being 15 miles apart/24 minutes later. One check was cashed and US Bank couldn't even allocate the account once we pulled it out, but they still went ahead and cashed it against another account anyways without even questioning it. Almost two weeks later, we sit not hearing anything from anyone from US Bank or any of the police officers in any of the cities where this happened. Poorest security I have ever seen. What happened to the tight security they claim to have!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about US Bank?

Original review: May 7, 2019

My experience was horrible. I signed a loan for a vehicle that took 4 1/2 months for the title to be listed in my name. Also the amount of the loan was incorrect. It was written up for about $2000 more than it should’ve been. I’ve been trying for Five months to have them correct this issue. Nothing has been done. They don’t care and they treat their customers like crap.

Original review: May 6, 2019

US Bank is in the business lying, cheating and kicking you when you're down. Never ever let them buy your loan, never ever approach them for a loan. If you refinance something make sure they are not on list of buyers for your loan. They are the devil and will make your life worse. Absolutely no help. All they care about is the money.

Original review: May 4, 2019

I had an auto loan with US Bank that I had for 2+ years. Setup auto pay, meet all of my obligations. Was in a situation where I could payoff before end of loan, wanted to do that and use the vehicle in another transaction. Started by calling and taking at least 5 minutes of phone prompts/navigation to get to a human to ask the appropriate questions about process to submit payment online/phone, get lien release. You can't make such payoff payment online, you can USPS mail or talk to a person (see above about how difficult that is). Was told I can make payment, but it would take 3 weeks for lien release - I explained that doesn't do me any good as I need to include the vehicle in a transaction in 3-5 days. Was told that was how they do it and not offered any help. I moved funds overnight to cover payoff.

Called back through awful phone system, this person said I could get a 'paid in full' letter that could help, but again, 3 weeks for lien release. She said I would have to call back the next day to request to get the letter of paid in full, she could not request now. I asked if she could have someone sent to me on the next day so I wouldn't have to waste time in their phone/wait queue, she said no, YOU have to call TOMORROW. So I did, I called the next day - guess what it's Saturday and the department that handles that process is closed on Saturdays. My experience says they don't care about your customer experience, poorly trained people who only know how to read scripts and not solve your problems.

Original review: May 4, 2019

I continue to get billed for services I NEVER received, even though I disputed these charges 6 months ago. After all the aggravation, I decided to close the account 5 months ago, then was forced to pay a penalty when they kept billing me! Today I got yet another statement, so I have to go through all this hassle for the FOURTH TIME!!! There are plenty of other banks around. Go with one of them.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Got an email from US Bank about a credit card I did not apply for. I was told to call the 866-268-7231 number for credit card services. Two times waited more than 45 minutes before hanging up. Been waiting while writing this review for more than 15 minutes and "criskets". There's no one there answering phones.

US Bank Company Information