US Bank

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

US Bank has been our Bank for the past 20 plus yrs. Today, July 21, 2017, I had the worst experience with customer service regarding info below: we use our debit card... it was declined due to a so called levy garnishment from a law firm named Gamache and Myers, unbeknownst to me. No common courtesy call from US Bank, no legal paperwork indicating we owed anyone. Long story short, the garnishment was fraudulent, and illegal, and US Bank charged a $100 fee for the illegal attempt to clean out our entire account.

US Bank has taken all day, and still hasn't allowed us access to our account knowing they were in the wrong (it is now 3:02 pm, Friday afternoon), due to our protest in them NOT refunding our $100. Even though our account will sooner, or later be unfrozen, due to illegal activity, the US Bank will keep our $100!! Needless to say I will never refer anyone to this Bank, and am researching a new Bank. We've been thinking, for several years, about moving to a different banking institution, now they've pushed us to do it.

I recently opened a US Bank Harley Davidson credit card. Through their own admission my personal information was compromised via their online services. That person then changed my account email address and billing address, and opened a checking acct at a US Bank somewhere in IL in my name and transferred money from the card to the checking account. At that point I requested that the information be changed back to what it was when I opened the acct. and please close everything in my name associated with US Bank, including the bogus checking account.

One week later I called to confirm my requests and none of them had been completed, in fact my last billing statement was actually mailed to the person who stole my information and changed my acct information. One month later, I received a letter today stating I was responsible for the cash transfer as I benefited from the transfer. How? Why? One of your reps admitted the information was obtained through your online services. I am now figuring out how to file a complaint with the BBB and at Consumerfinance.gov.

I received a Master Card from my grandfather when I was thirteen. I am fifteen now and very frugal when it comes to spending money. I will only buy something that I truly want. Recently I tried to make a purchase using my gift card and realized that the U.S. Bank had deducted twenty dollars off my card due to inactivity for twelve months or more. It is too bad that I did not notice the warning they put on the back. This frustrated me very much. My mom and dad taught me to save money. It is disappointing that I got punished for doing so. In the future I hope for a fairer banking system and my twenty dollars back!

I would like to share my experience with U.S. Bank ReliaCard with anyone that will listen. This card will steal your money. I return an item that I purchased from Amazon. Amazon returned my money to U.S. ReliaCard and U.S. ReliaCard did not give me my money. They actually made me file a dispute and now I have to wait 180 days for them to figure out if they're going to give me my money which is a refund from Amazon. I will not recommend sticking with this card at all as they will do anything they can to keep your money... Also had another experience where someone stole my bank card number. Not the actual physical card but just the number off of it. Also had to file another dispute for that. That took months and months to get my money back on that one.

This company will stick you in customer service hell. Have you been on hold 30 minutes at a time and then have a child answer your call that doesn't have any answers for you. The operators that answer your call at first are only trained to do very small things like check your bank account balance and reset your pin. If you need anything else more than just basic service you're going to wait for hours on hold for a supervisor that probably doesn't know anything either. Why would I have to file a dispute to get back my money the Amazon already refunded to ReliaCard? I gave them a transaction number and everything the young lady that I spoke to on the phone didn't know anything that she was doing. She had to ask a supervisor about everything placed me a hold about five times... Will I ever get my money back from ReliaCard. Time will only tell.

I opened my account on June 5, 2017, Ashley ** was the banker who opened the account. She never told me about a New Customer Hold On Check Deposited. On June 30, 2017 I deposited my payroll check with Ashley ** the check was from a large local business in Carson City. The payroll check was for $789,50, I took $100 in cash and deposited the balance of $689.50. After making the deposit I went to United Federal Credit Union to make my car payment of $303.35. I tried to use my debit card for the payment, but it was declined. I called Ashley by phone and asked her why was my debit card declining. She told me I had immediate use of $200 on the debit card and the balance would clear at midnight. So I wrote a check to pay my car payment after being assured by Ashley that all my funds would be credited after midnight of June 30th and available on July 1st.

On Monday July 3rd I checked my online account and saw that $489.50 was on hold and not available for use. I went to the bank and spoke with Luis a bank teller, who assured me that on July 5th all my funds would be available to me, because my account would be open for 30 days and the hold would drop off and that he would leave a message for Alexander ** to call me on the morning of July 5th to make sure there was not going to be any problem with my car payment check.

At 4:30 PM on July 5th, Alex ** called me and told me he decided to let my car payment check bounce, because my account was in the first 30 days. However, it seems pretty funny that according to the Manager I only had availability of $200 of the amount deposited, because my account was in the 30 days. However, I took $100 cash back from the deposit and still had the $200 available, which shows that Ashley had no idea about the 30 day hold on my account and that only $200 should have been available.

The bank's advertising literature and brochures promoting their bank account do not have any mention of the New Account Hold and I was never given any notice at the time of opening my account of the hold. Furthermore, when I requested all the forms I signed when opening my account Alex did not provide a form disclosing the New Account Hold and told me I would have to subpoena the records.

Under truth in advertising the brochures and literature they provide concerning bank checking accounts should have contained all the terms, including the New Account Terms and Holds of Deposits. None of the brochures they provide even mention the New Account Deposit Hold. which is misleading and lead me to believe I could deposit my check without worries. Naturally, if I had of been aware of the Hold I would have never paid my car payment with a check. I feel I have been taken advantage of with unnecessary NSF fees and additional fees to my payees for the checks bouncing. This has caused me embarrassment, stress and hurt my reputation in the Community. If I do not get satisfaction I will file a suit for actual damages and punitive damages too.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about US Bank?

Have had my account for going on two years. The entire time my check was direct deposited at the exact same time I wrote out my rent check and dropped it off knowing my payroll would be going in in the morning. When I took out my account I signed a paper stating that I opted in to have all paper checks approved and I would face any overdraft fees.

In the middle of the night both my direct deposit and my rent check show up. They process the rent check and decline it then they deposit my direct deposit. I find this at 6 am call the customer service line speak to a customer service manager 'Romona' who is Honestly the best employee I've ran into at the company. She explains I need to go in to the branch where I opened my account, and I was there right after they opened at 9 am. Spoke to the assistant manager who said the manager was the only one who could handle this. He stated she was not there. He didn't know where she was and that she might not be in till 12 am.

Long story short by noon when they said it needed to be done she could not accomplish it. They charged me a fee along with the $100 my landlord charged me. The manager of this branch is uncaring and unprofessional at one of my visits asking for a discount on her personal furniture from my work. Needless to say I will be moving my accounts to a new bank. Save your time and energy go bank somewhere else!

This company, US BANK will not ask if you want to renew your membership. They will send you an invoice directly and charge you interests. Very bad practice and very tempted to get a lawyer involved. They will continue to charge you interest until you renew the card. They told me I should close the account in order to cancel this subscription. I think closing a credit card account is bad for the credit score and that is why I don't want to do it. Bottom line, unlike American Express who will send a letter asking the customer if they want to renew their card prior to billing you, US BANK charges you directly. I find that very very shady, hence my complaints. They bill you instead of asking you if you want to renew first, then charge you the fee + interests. Very bad practices and I hope actions will be taken against these unacceptable practices.

When I first signed up for this horrible service bank, I was told one thing, although my paperwork said another... Then, find out many over payments later was that they were charging me for an account I had not used yet and they never told what I had to do to change that until several bank visits and several phone calls. The branch manager said he would pay half of the charges when I should not have been charged at all considering what I was told when I opened this account. Now, they are not suppose to charge fees because I did what they said about opening a credit card and lo and behold, they are still charging me fees. I have to constantly call for them to stop and credit me.

This most recent episode was that they withdraw a certain amount claiming it was deposited in error (Unfortunately, I am having a memory issue and cannot remember my deposits). So they went ahead and withdraw it without any paperwork proof of the error. I had a branch assistant from the corporate office investigate and she found them to be correct in their decision (again no paperwork to proof any of this). Yet there is paperwork to proof the deposit. There was a deposit slip (why on earth would a rep write a deposit slip in error). Yet, she said in order for me to get that withdrawal back, I would have to give them proof of a check and/or cash... yet, they don't have to provide any proof of any kind withdraw the monies. Please advise!

I have my auto pay set to send checks for payment on the 1st of each month to coincide with incoming pay. When the pay comes in on a Saturday they delay till Monday and set check to pay on Friday sending the account into overdraft. Then on Saturday the account shows payment for the 3rd on and the check for the 30th. Just a way for them to get the account to overdraft and make them $35 plus any other overdrafts that it may cause. Ripple effect. Be wary of the scams they pull... Won't be my bank for much longer. In the process of finding someone new. They used to pull another similar scam of taking money before deposit showed again causing overdraft fees. Just a new method to their madness.

I have been a US Bank customer for over 20 years and recently I have been unemployed and unable to pay my bills as a result. I have had auto pay bills that somehow gone through and I was overcharged with overdraft fees and additional fees on top of that. When I got my tax refund from the federal government, they took half of the check and, as a result, when I tried paying my bills, checks were returned. During the month of May, I have had my checks electronically deposited and they took the entire check leaving me penniless so I couldn't pay my bills. Now they have closed my account saying that I had too many returned checks. They left me with no money so how could I pay my bills. This bank stinks and I will have nothing to do with it ever again. As far as I am concerned, they're thieves.

I have been with this bank for over 11 years, I am absolutely disgusted at the recent events that have transpired. First my atm card was shut down without my knowledge due to not having a chip, a new card was sent out to my address and was returned due to a bad address. This is ridiculous as my address has not changed! Then I go to deposit my payroll check on a Thursday, was told the funds would be available on Friday and then find out Friday evening there is a 7 day business hold on my funds, which would not be available till for another 10 days.

I called the Yuba City branch and spoke to assistant manager Candice **, who continued told me it wasn't her, it was "them" meaning the back office that put the hold. This is a total cop out of not taking responsibility for the company that she is a part of. There is is no us and them, US Bank is one entity. When I explained to her that she was a part of "them" she stated there was nothing she could do. There was no reasoning as to why the hold was placed, my account was fine and I have been paid by this employer for the past 8 months.

I called my employer, he confirmed with his bank that the payroll check cleared his account the following day after I deposited it. I called back the Yuba City Branch and requested to speak to the assistant manager. A teller named Estavan spoke with me. I ask to speak to Candice ** the assistant manager and was told that she is too busy to talk to me, I state that I will hold, she then tells him to tell me she won't speak with me, again she is too busy. The assistant manager refused to speak with me about a situation that she didn't want to deal with. I had just spoke with prior and was put on hold due to her being with another customer.

Now when I call back I am told that I cannot be put on hold and that she is just too busy to speak to me. I am disgusted by this and because of the extremely unhelpful and unprofessional actions of Assistant Manager Candice ** at the Yuba City branch, I have decided once the funds are available I am closing my account with this bank that I have supported for years. And to add to this, my family banks with US Bank and have all deiced to close their accounts and take their money elsewhere. Great customer service Assistant Manager Candice **, all my family's accounts are out the the Yuba City branch. We are all closing them due to your extremely unprofessional attitude. When you are a manager, sometimes you have to deal with the difficult issues, not run and hide behind your tellers.

I was recently charged an overdraft fee for a check I wrote. My account was in a positive on the 21st. I have screenshots of my account for the whole day. I made 4-5 purchases using my debit card on the 21st. No check was ever posted to my account on the 21st. On the 22nd, my paycheck was deposited. When I checked my transactions on the 22nd, it then showed that the check was posted to my account on the 21st. And I was then charged an overdraft fee.

This is not the first time this has happened at US Bank. The last time it happened they slid (posted) a check to my account before 5 debit card transactions and then charged me overdraft fees for all 5 transactions and for the check. When I inquired about their overdraft fees and limits I never got the same answer from branch to branch. When I called to speak to a senior banker, I was told "Check post to your account at 10:30 at night". That's funny cause I have a screen shot of my account at 10:41 PM ARIZONA, 12:41 PM CST. AND I WAS STILL IN A POSITIVE ACCOUNT BALANCE. NO CHECK WAS POSTED TO MY ACCOUNT ON THE 21st as of 10:41 PM Arizona time. What was their motto? "RIGHT TO THE MINUTE BANKING". That doesn't seem so in this case.

On 6/2/17, My mom went into the bank to withdraw her money and pay her bills. Only to find out all of their funds had been swiped out due to fraud. My father was in the hospital in Intensive Care due to heart issues and just had emergency surgery. They wouldn't allow my mom to do anything to his account, but was able to inform them all of his funds were gone and there was no way that could of happen. My parents are on a fixed income, they only use their debit card to withdraw funds. They do not make any purchases or pay any bills, they withdraw their money and pay bills directly or get a money order.

As my dad sits in ICU, my mom is unable to sign any documents because no one was on his account. Once my dad was discharged and had enough strength I brought him to the bank to sign the necessary documents and add someone to the account. We were given a printout from Feb 2017 and you can clearly see only withdrawals were made.

On 5/23 a purchase from China was made, then several large purchases were made the next week back to back. They claim they have a fraud team, why is it they didn't pick that up? My parents asked what are they to do about their bills, they were told take out a loan or apply for a credit card! WOW! Really, but in the same sentence you say the FDIC covers up to 250,000. Only $1500 or so was stolen. They informed my parents 10 days the money may be refunded. Why should they have to wait that long if the money was with your bank and became stolen? They should've at least issue them something and then if they found my parents were at fault, then take the money back. Basically what you are saying is that "it's okay for people to steal from you and we will refund your money when we are ready".

On 6/20/17, my brother called corporate and spoke with a lady, which was very RUDE, she said they just have to wait until the investigation is over. My brother just asked why didn't the investigation start when my mom first reported it to them. She said talk to your local branch manger, to whom we've been waiting to call us back since day 1! I think they need to take notice on how NFCU and CHASE handle their FRAUD situations, because this is really sad and then you get treated like you are the victim. So now my parents is waiting for their funds to be issued and for the Branch Manager to call us back, from my mom reporting it on 6/2/2017 and then my brother calling today, who really is the victim?

I deposited a check at a US Bank ATM and it was returned to us via mail a week later because it was made out to our business (same name). I called customer service and was told it was because the ATM couldn't resolve the information and to take the check to a branch office where it would be deposited. We did this and everything was fine.

Three weeks later I went into a different branch to deposit another check from the same company made out to our last name. This branch told me it was their policy not to deposit business checks unless I open a business account. I was not allowed to speak to the branch manager but an assistant assured me this was their policy. I mentioned the incident from 3 weeks prior and stated I spoke with customer service over the phone and was given different information. I was then accused of trying to shelter money from taxes, etc. I requested a call from customer service but have not yet received one. I experienced horrible customer service! I do not recommend banking with US Bank in any capacity. I was not treated as a valued customer of 20+ years. I share this information to warn others.

I've been a US Bank customer for almost a decade now and this bank has dramatically gone downhill. I seriously never leave reviews, but I was compelled to. They have the worst customer service dept. I work in a call center so I know the job isn't easy, but these employees aren't even trying. I got transferred 7 times to update my address. They blocked my cards because the zip code wasn't updated. I called 3 times over the course of a month just to update my address. My cards have been declined and blocked over 3 times now, and I have not once received a phone call.

Even my debit card was declined. I've had the same PIN for 10 years. It reached a point where I was at a gas station and all 3 cards were declined and the incompetent employees couldn't fix it. My car was empty and I nearly missed work. When you have a debit card and 2 credit cards this shouldn't happen ever. Today I made my final call to US Bank. As of today I'm a First Financial customer. I was polite, patient, and respectful when I called. The fraud protection employee insulted me, yelled at me, and hung up. I tried to take the survey, but she disconnected it so I couldn't. Do not give them your business!

My card was blocked and I have been going on 3+ hours now trying to get a hold of the Fraud Prevention department. I have been transferred at least 3 times from the consumer banking side and I have yet to get anywhere with this. Some customer service this is. Take your business elsewhere. There is no one, but incompetent "customer service reps" here to help you with anything.

I have worked with many banks (10+) and hands down US Bank has been the worst bank I've ever dealt with. Worked with them through a Home Equity loan and they are the worst at communication and process. My loan exceeded 80 days and is still going through issues. They outsource a large part of their processing on the loans which causes nothing but headaches and customer service representatives that don't know what's going on. Run and go to any other bank that you can before turning to US Bank.

I am working on a class-action lawsuit against US BANK. If you feel US BANK has mis-charged you, mishandled your accounts/money, or has committed any acts of what you consider to be fraudulent, including incorrect reporting to credit agencies due to US BANK error or possible deception, please contact me at my email, **, and tell me about your claim against US BANK. I will forward this to my attorney for review. There is no cost on your end. It is time to stand up against banks like US BANK, Wells Fargo, and let a court of law hear your voices, to be compensated not just for funds that are yours, but possible money for pain, suffering, time spent, etc. Thank you.

I have been with US Bank since 2013. Have been very happy with them until recently. In January of 2017 I set up an online payment to my car loan company. In February, March and April they took the money on the appointed day. When I changed the payment date with the loan company I changed the date of the payment with US Bank. In May, 2017 and June 2017 they took the money out 2 days early sending my account into arrears. When I tried to stop the payment and have the money taken out on the appointed date that I set they said "We do this so the check we send to your company will be on time". This is a new thing that they've started doing. It has all the ear marks of doing this to get extra fees. In addition to filing this report I have contacted my local and federal banking over site commissions and I'm trying to find a good law firm to start legal action against US Bank.

I got a letter last October from US Bank with a $200 promotional offer. I sat on it for over a month and finally decided to just open an account one night online. I set my account up for direct deposit as required for the promo a few weeks later. Until recently, I had completely forgot about the promo and checked to see if it had been applied. It's hadn't. Contacted US Bank regarding this. They said there is no record of this on my account and want a copy of the letter I received! I am actually shocked. I have an email confirmation from a US Bank rep that the promo code had been applied to my account (which I sent to them last week at their request). The email has the reps full name, date and also my promo code and for them to say they have no record? Shows the caliber of people/company we are dealing with.

They are trying to find any loophole they can to not honor what they said. I am closing my account whether they finally honor this promotional code or not. I guess they see they couldn't make money off me with overdrafts and fees, so don't care about my having my business. I really wonder if this promo deal is a way to lure customers in and see who they can make the most money off of with overdrafts. If they see you aren't a profit for them, they don't want your business. I won't do business with a company with worse ethics than those on Wall Street. I told some family members about my issues and they continually have issues with US Bank as well.

I wish I would have checked reviews and asked friends, family, coworkers, etc., if they had any opinions on this bank before proceeding with opening an account. Thankfully, I have kept my account open with my previous bank and will just switch my direct deposits back to them after my last few transactions clear with US Bank. After reading the reviews, I'm not going to close this account until I am 100% sure I have no other pending charges from my debit card coming through as I see they really like to play games when it comes to charges and overdraft fees. I am also filing a complaint with the BBB and have asked to be in contact with their legal department so I can pursue recourse for their blatant misinterpretation and unethical behavior.

About a month or two into my new U.S. bank account. I received an overdraft fee although when signing up for my account I specifically chose do not overdraft and also before I made the small purchase I called the bank and listen to my available balance and I had plenty but for some reason that transaction brought me into an overdraft. I want to add that when you called US Bank on the recording it stated the amount that we tell you is your available balance will always be your correct available balance and mine was $10. I made a $4 purchase. Now that I am in overdraft I'm informed that if I don't pay it within 7 days I will get another $35 charge so it keeps going up and up I'm on my third overdraft charge.

I go in to see the bank manager and explain my reasons why I should have never had an overdraft. Not only did I choose not to let my account overdraft but my available balance was more than what I charged. She just wasn't seeing my side of it and she decided that if I paid 1 $35 charge she would clear the other two out. I wish I would have never done it to this day because the following weekday I called the 800 number with my complain about the whole thing and I said, "I want it written down to not ever let my account overdraft. I don't care what the reason is do not let my account go into overdraft just reject it," and was informed that I should have never had to pay anything. It should have never happened so now they check and there is no record of me paying the $35 at all so what do you think happened to that money huh?

I think that poor excuse for a bank manager probably stuck in her own pocket. Recently US Bank just made my whole day hell because I had a temporary card I received my permanent card but I just didn't activate it. I was still using my temporary card and I did not know that all of a sudden they were going to shut it off. I guess you only have a certain amount of time on the temporary card and they don't let you know they're going to shut it off so here I'm stuck without no way to get any money because they never sent me the PIN to the new card. I'm chronically ill. I don't have a car. I have no way to get to the bank to fix it and they don't give a **. You think they might let you know, "You got 72 hours left on your temporary card or we're going to close it now."

My Amazon order is been rejected and several other bills that I paid and I need to repeat I am chronically ill so this is making my life so hard. This is the second time I've had a problem with a new debit card from them. U.s. bank doesn't care about anybody. They don't even really give you a good apology/ They're just like, "Oh well." And their employees don't know their job very well because they give you wrong information constantly, charge you for copies of your bank statement that you never received in the mail because they typed in the address wrong several times. I would call them and say no that is the wrong address to on the right address again and they'd still have the wrong address in there so I don't know who was getting my bank statements for like 6 months but that ain't cool.

I have never had to pay for a copy of a bank statement in any other bank. As soon as I can I'm changing Banks. Yeah did I mention that since that overdraft I've had it happen 2 or 3 times again? When I get a real threatening letter that says if I don't pay it in seven days blah blah blah and they're going to close my bank account on me when is their wrong not mine. I would not recommend them to anyone.

Refusing to Take Customer's Money - April 2017 through June 2017. I recently retired and from my retirement money I attempted to pay off my vehicle that was financed through U. S. Bank. I called in April 2017 and after being transferred 5 times ended up talking to the original person that I spoke to (Debbie). She advised that she was sending odometer documents that needed to filled out and said that I couldn't pay off my truck before then.

After 6 weeks I still hadn't received the documents and called them again and spoke to a person (DayQuan) and again was told that he couldn't take my money over the phone, wouldn't give information on a bank to bank wire transfer, or any other type of payment. While speaking to him on the phone I was attempting to pay the entire amount online, however, the payment amount was too high and would go through. I was told on this call that they sent the documents to me and that due to my address being a P.O. Box it wouldn't go through and was returned. They requested my physical address and I gave it to them but unless they sent it UPS or FedEx it wouldn't get to me due to the postal service doesn't deliver to my rural area.

DayQuan advised that the only way to pay for the vehicle was to have the documents sent to a physical address or faxed and I had to send a cashier's check to them as payment. 2 of the most un-secure ways to send mail and payments. I called my banker (USAA) and conducted a 3-way call with him and again spoke to DayQuan. My banker asked about doing a wire to wire transfer and DayQuan refused, he was asked about authorizing a one time phone payment and DayQuan refused, and I even attempted to open an account with U.S. Bank and then conduct a transfer and again DayQuan said that I couldn't do that. My banker was clearly at a loss for words and even said that he was refusing the most secure ways to transfer funds.

After hanging up on DayQuan we worked up a personal cashier's check secured by my bank and I paid extra to have the payment sent the next day and also had U.S. Bank sign for the check showing that it was received. My banker could only say that the reason U.S. Bank was being so difficult is that they wanted to drag out the payment so that they could get more interest.

I sent the payment to them and continued to expect the documents from U.S. Bank on the odometer reading. I received a call from my bank the next day and was told that they received the check and it was signed for. I called U.S. Bank and demanded that within the next 10 business days to send me my title for the vehicle. I instructed them that the odometer document was their problem and they could either find a way to mail it to me, send it UPS or FedEx, or drive it to me themselves, I didn't care but it was their problem.

Two days later I received a call from Mary (wouldn't give her last name) stating she was a manager and said that I needed to sign the documents. I advised her of the previous calls and issues with getting the forms and she said that the forms could be sent to a P.O. Box and basically said that the other 2 idiots I was talking to over the last 6 weeks flat out lied to me over the phone. She stated and confirmed that payment was received but the title couldn't be sent until the odometer documents were signed and received by them then they could send the title. I asked her about sending the documents again so I could fill them out and she said that she was sending them again.

On June 1st, 2017 I received the documents in the mail at the P.O. Box and completed them. I observed that the documents were not even notarized forms and didn't have to be notarized by anyone. The information could have been handled over the phone or at a later time and apparently was being used to prolong the payoff process for customers. As of June 2nd, 2017 I haven't heard anything from the business and the forms were sent back to the business on this date.

With today's world I understand the suspicion of people trying to do something that isn't normally done. But after confirming my security U.S. Bank continued to not take payment. This can't be the only way to pay off a vehicle today. With the number of deadbeats that don't pay for the things that they finance I still can't wrap my head around a company that would take money from a customer that didn't miss one payment and was never late with a payment in over 3 years.

I still have a business review to do but I'm holding off for a final determination and I want to receive my title. I got a feeling that U.S. Bank will hold up the title for some stupid reason just to make things difficult for me. If I don't receive the title by the middle of June I have kept copies, names and recordings of the people that I've talked to and plan a social media explosion on the business. By the way if you call me in Texas and tell me that the conversation is recorded I'm not required to tell them anything and can record them for the same reason.

Anyone that has anything accounts with U.S. Bank do whatever you have to do to pay it off and do away with these idiots. Don't do business with them and through reviews and social media show that the little person has a voice and can make a difference. If the customer service improves then we've done a good job in holding a bigger company responsible for poor customer service, flat out lying to a customer, and trying to force a good customer in paying more than they have to.

After my dad passed away I filed to be the executor of his will. It took the court system 3 weeks to finalize the paperwork (which is perfectly reasonable and a normal timeline), I started getting threats from US Bank immediately after I told them about his death. "They would put his loan into default if I didn't pay it". I told them I would pay it as soon as I was legally able to (which again was 3 weeks). They told me that they "didn't know how much longer they could wait," which is clearly b.s. They have a computer screen telling them exactly how long until they file for "default." Basically DO NOT TAKE A LOAN WITH US BANK, if you die during the term of the loan your family will have to deal with a bunch of jerks that you ALWAYS paid on time.

I've been a customer of US Bank for over 15 years. I moved out of state a couple years ago and there are no branch locations where I live now. I've exclusively used the mobile banking app. Recently, I was charged $277 in overdraft fees over a 30 day period because of several changes that US Bank voluntarily made to my account: Cancelled my overdraft protection account; Cancelled my credit card overdraft protection; Changed my mobile deposit limit to $1500 (it was $2500 prior for many years and I frequently deposited checks for $2500).

I had called in months before on this account to have it closed and was told I needed to go into a branch location to do so (that was a lie). On the weekend all of the fees were charged for the overdraft, I attempted to deposit a check for $2000 which would have been more than enough to cure any overdrafts. The deposit got rejected because it exceeded the new limit I was unaware of. I called into customer service to have a manager review the overdraft fees and he refused to refund any of them. I informed him that they were stealing from me by changing all of the products on my account making it impossible to cure the overdraft (by regular protection first and by the deposit maximum change second). I used to rave about US BANK. Terrible now. They're thiefs!

I submitted an insurance claim check to get a signature. I was told it would take 3-5 business days. After no one contacting me for 10 days I called. I was then told it would take an additional 7 to 10 days before the funds would be available. I called 10 days later and was informed that I had not submitted a request for an inspection of my repairs which I did over 15 days ago. 1+ months later, I am still going around and around with these ??? people. They cashed the check over a month ago but still I have not gotten anyone to explain why they still have not release the funds to my contractor who repair the house. Worst customer service experience I have ever had. Looking to move.

I received 2 checks written on US bank accounts. I went into the bank to cash them and was told that there would be a $7 charge to cash each check since I didn't have an account at that bank! I told them I wasn't giving them $14 to cash two small amount checks. Rudely, I was told that it was my choice. The customer service representative then told me they were in business to make money! Obviously, they are in business to fleece people!

I sold a house in Texas and planned to buy one in Iowa. I chose US Bank and failed to read the reviews before I made this choice. The application process is the most stressful and accusatory process I have ever gone through. I bought a house before and put zero down and had very little money to my name, and the process was very smooth. This time, I have a little bit of money to use as a down payment.

Apparently the loan processing fees are used to make their employees work their hardest to accuse the potential customer of money laundering or borrowing money to use as a down payment. I have been asked to 'explain' numerous deposits which it was clear where the deposit came from as it was printed on my bank statements. Part of the application is a declaration that you didn't borrow any money to use for the mortgage, and I signed that, but they still assume you're a criminal or liar. I've never been audited by the IRS, but I imagine it feels about the same.

Not a big deal if they started wanting this proof that I'm not a criminal early in the process, but they wait till the week of closing to make an issue. Better get a copy of your insurance binder too, you'll have to send that to US Bank at least 3-4 times during the process (guess it gets lost?). I dealt with Bank of America for over 2 years and it wasn't near as retarded as this process, and Bank of America is a real pain to deal with. Please save yourself from buying a bottle of ** and shop around before deciding to use US Bank for a mortgage.

I had a account with US Bank for over a year, but I got charge so many times a overdraw fees for payments I didn't make. I make a 1 time payment on my Macy's credit card, and was posted and clear. After my payment I didn't see any money to Macy's. They started making payment to my Macy's credit card and return the payment as insufficient funds, payments that I didn't authorize because it doesn't make any sense that I will make payments when I don't owe anything so they make 5 payments and then return them. 1 each day is so stupid, so I got charge a 5 $36 and 10 $25 extended overdraw fee and 5 $34 fees from Macy's because of the return payments. I had to closed my Macy's credit card. I didn't notice those fees because I didn't really use my US Bank account but now my account is close with almost $2000 fees.

In my opinion, this is my WORST banking experience in 55 years. Tried to buy my car at lease end, and their phone staff is friendly, just don't expect them to fulfill their promises. Didn't initially tell me I could BID lower than their 'low' offer, then they were QUICK to cash my check, but slooow to provide my title/BOS. Had to incur extra costs, such as $90 overnight FEDEX label, that was never USED. Contacted my dealership, who said that they received SO many complaints that they have DISCONTINUED using US BANK. I will never consider them again. Worst banking experience EVER.

This bank was the first bank I ever had. I didn't know it was bad until I opened an account at Chase. US bank, at least the one I go to, have very bad staff. They barely speak English, dress unprofessional and look at you like a nuisance! I once opened a small loan, the lady said there'd be no interest only until a month has passed and then I have to make minimum payments plus a little interest.

Ok, so I wait the whole month to repay the entire loan (not the minimum but the full balance), only to find they had charged me interest every single day! Like $5 a day for a whole month! I didn't say anything because I don't like to make a big deal out of things but I did stop going to that banker who gave me the wrong info. There's just something weird about this bank.

US Bank Company Profile