1.38/5
  • 1 star
Based on 121 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

US Bank

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 15, 2018

1284 US Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

They have terrible customer service. I haven't talked to anyone who knows anything over the phone. I went months without a debit card because of fraud problems and inside service isn't any better and you never get the same story twice. I have taken all of my money out and started with a new bank and I'm working on taking away my mortgage loan.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Started off applying for a Homeowner Credit Line. Their representatives are not trained well in taking information. Resolution of problems is non-existent. Wait times are incredibly long. (Service??? not a chance). A loan officer called me at 6:15 p.m. and was extremely confrontational. He never learned the old adage "The customer is always right". He wasn't provided with the correct information and therefore wanted to waste my time getting it.

He accused me of being sarcastic or condescending after wondering why I was irritated he didn't know questions he was asking that he should have known. He implied my loan app. wouldn't be approved, yet wouldn't contact the Underwriters because he didn't know what to tell them. I gave him a suggestion and he became argumentative. Calling the help number, it rang 20 times before I got a recording that no one could answer, but I could leave a message. I was on hold for 13 minutes before realizing their service just sucks. Do not deal with this bank! Read the poor reviews and take them seriously.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

US Bank has system policy compliant issues. Manually fixing these issues after fact and then fraudulently charging late fee. I paid off my loan immediately. Choose another business for your financial needs.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I am finding it impossible to transfer funds between accounts. Now the problem has been kicked up to the developer. Also, the website is extremely slow and I have had difficulty using other functions on the site. All they care about is selling products. They are making it hard for me to manage my business.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

This bank is the absolute worst for customer service. I noticed that $120 from my account was missing on charges that I was not a part of. The very first time I called the fraud department, the hold time was a little over 38 minutes. I don't remember the person's name, but he was an absolute accusatory jerk. When I explained that I didn't charge the items to my card (Uber rides) he asked me "if I was sure I didn't do it" probably 5 times. I explained to him before this horrible customer treatment that Uber is not available in my area as it's extremely rural.

To address the other unidentified charge, an iTunes purchase, I explained again that I do not have a single Apple product, nor an iTunes account. He told me, and I quote, "you can use iTunes on a lot of products, are you sure you don't have an iPod or something?" This blows my mind. I literally JUST tell you that I do not own Apple products or iTunes of any type and this is the treatment I get? I mean, if you liked being treated like a child who has no clue about anything, this is the bank for you.

So three weeks goes by after this conversation that already made me want to change banks. I receive the fraud paperwork that was supposed to be here in ten days, and it tells me that 3 of the 9 charges or so are being pushed through. 2 Uber rides and the iTunes charge. Now how does this make sense? They reverse 6 other Uber charges, but have somehow determined that the other two were valid, when I STILL DON'T HAVE UBER IN MY AREA. WHEN YOU'RE SURROUNDED BY FARMLAND THERE IS NO NEED OR USE FOR UBER.

And just to infuriate me even more, the iTunes charge. The charge that I cannot possibly have due to having an Android phone, a Microsoft Xbox, and a Lenovo Windows based laptop outfitted with Google music. Yet somehow, without contacting me at all after supposedly sending paperwork on time that I was supposed to sign and return, I am still charged with three things that have no possible way to be on my account. This brings me to tonight, 01/02/2018, when I called the fraud number for the third time trying to get these things reversed. I was on hold for 48 minutes and 22 seconds. A friend called the number and it said "Fraud personnel are not in right now, try calling back during normal business hours". It is clearly printed on the bottom of the paperwork I was sent that the fraud department is open 24/7.

I am absolutely done with this bank. They are scheming, manipulative, and downright liars. I have banked with these people for almost 7 years and have only had two fraud issues in that time. This entire company is worthless, and while you might have nice local associates, the core of the company is flawed, they do not respect their customers, and have no concern for you or your money. Get away from this garbage company just as fast as you can.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about US Bank?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Very Very upset with US Bank. I have been their customer for 5 years, and recently added a second personal checking account for personal reasons. I have had the account 2 1/2 months, have not put a lot of money into as it is not my primary account. Tuesday I needed to deposit a large check into this account, and knew that it would be after hours. I called 800 # and was told as long as I deposited before 8pm my money would be available the next day. I then called back later in the evening to verify my funds were there, and would be available the following day. So my wife and I sat down and started paying off some bills, and what do you know we woke up to a negative account balance. I called the 800 # and was told the check was being held for "Fraud Investigation"...what...this is a pension check that I have the check stub for.

I then called local bank, and was told there is nothing they can do because that's the Federal law. It is not a law, it’s a regulation, and the bank can release it at their discretion. I know this because it's not the first large check I have deposited in my lifetime. I have a check from the same pension that I also deposited today in Chesterfield Fidelity Branch, and guess what...my money is available same day. Funny how this works. The Fraud department at US bank told me last night that if my home branch could see the image, they could release the funds. They told me my home branch was the Student Center on MU campus. Guess what. They are closed 2 weeks at Christmas. What kind of customer service is this? Never heard of a bank that closes for 2 weeks. Must be nice.

So I go down the road to one of the other local branches, begging for help, and all they can tell me is that they can't release the funds, it has to come from the branch manager at my home bank. This came from that bank manager who talked to the District Manager. They said they would call the manager next week upon his/her return, and see if they can let me have a small provisional amount. I am now furious, this is my money, I am paying taxes on for 2017, and I can't touch the money until Jan 9th 2018, I again try and call US Bank Customer Service 800 # when I get home, and have not been able to get thru yet.

I sat on hold for 15 minutes, and got hung up on, and have called back and now sitting here 30 minutes later and just keeps telling me to hold. This is the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!! My wife and I will be telling everyone we know, and all of our co-workers about this horrific experience. And I will be pulling all my money out of my accounts as soon as it is available.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I have been an account holder and credit card holder with US Bank for 10+ years. I randomly got a letter in the mail one day stating they were going to close my bank account. I called and spoke to a branch manager and they said they never saw a letter got generated and they were not closing my account. Two weeks later I received a check in the mail for my money I had in the account and my accounts were closed. I had 4 of them. Then two weeks later I got a letter stating they were closing my credit card account. I called 25+ times to speak to the person they had a number for in my letter, and finally two days later she called me back with an attitude stating she did not have disclose any reasoning for closing my account. Her name was Amanda ** and she said I have NO RIGHTS to know any information.

After my constant frustration she finally said "you have to have a bank account with us to have a credit card account." I said, "I had one and you closed it," she just kept saying "Pg.21 of card member agreement, states I don't have to disclose any information with you." I said "I have a $16,000 credit limit and only $1800, used, I have never been late on a payment and never maxed out my card." She repeated her answer and laughed at me. I hung up. Saw a different manager at a branch in Rancho Cucamonga, and she couldn't find any notes or reasoning on my account that states why they would close my account. She saw NOTHING, she was so confused. She even called and they told her the same thing. She said it could be, because I don't spend enough money so they don't see much interest accrued and I have nothing to offer them.

So not only did Amanda ** patronize me, laugh at me and give me false information, I am now discriminated against because I do not spend enough money. I am a middle class American and just had a One year old son who had two open heart surgeries this year and cannot afford to spend more than we make. We are being disrespected and discriminated against because of it. I have impeccable credit and my husband and I were house hunting this next summer but now we cannot because my credit shows a closed account, age of history is down and my credit availability has gone down, and credit utilization has gone up. My credit is ruined until I can build it up again.

I am currently filing a petition and seeking legal advice because I was told I had NO RIGHTS to my own information, and I was Discriminated against for being a Middle Class American. My sons medical bills accrued to $942,000. If I used my US Bank credit card for those bills I guess I wouldn't have a closed account. My petition is against creditors and bankers not to be able to close account for NO Reason and they Have to Disclose any information or reasoning before closure of account and we have the right to fight it. I have successfully had multiple business I work for and my family works for close out their accounts with US Bank. Very large profitable business closing their accounts because of the maltreatment and discrimination I received.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

When leasing a vehicle, stay away from US Bank! Went today to try to renew my tags, told I needed a power of Attorney, ok. Went to a branch to obtain one, had no idea what I was talking about. Called US Bank, "Yes we can get it!!" It'll be 7 days to receive in mail. Can't fax, email, thought it was 2017!! "Oh yes we can overnight it to you at your cost." Why wouldn't they had already sent out to me? Because not everyone needs one, why wasn't I notified before tags expire, not everyone needs one. I ask to talk to a manager, well it'll be 24 to 48 hrs before they call you!!! It's a joke. Please people, don't deal with them.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

The online amount will say one thing and I will balance it to the penny (I am a former banker) yet overnight funds will literally disappear. They are thieves pure and simple. Get your money out of this so called bank.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

After noticing a transaction in my account I didn't make, a charge that caused an overdraft on my account twice I called the bank. On a 3 way call the bank representative heard the company apologize and say they would be refunding my money that it would take about 10 day for the transaction to reflect in my account. After hearing this the representative informed me they would be refunding the overdraft fees accumulated on my account. The next day the fees were still on my account.

I called and spoke with a senior banker that informed me that I was going to have to wait until the money was refunded to me before they would remove the fees. In his words... "Well what if they don't refund it? Then we're out..." Really!!! Out overdraft fees for a charge your own representative heard them apologize for and say would refund to my account??? Pure Greed!! I'm done with US Bank. I don't usually take the time to write reviews but this all happening a week before Christmas and their lack of concern and matter of fact attitude was appalling. I felt the need to share my experience so anyone considering this bank has an idea what they are getting into.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

They cancelled my debit card due to fraud. I asked them if doing this would mess up any pending transactions and THEY SAID NO! THEY LIED! I had only disputed one transaction but two days later started receiving one letter after another where they had put a hold on transactions that I didn't dispute. It took them days to get that straight but now the next issue is there are merchants who are trying to issue refunds that can't due to the old card being no longer active. The merchant says one thing and US Bank has no clue. When you call US Bank you end up being on hold for hours at a time! Then they have the nerve to ask you to complete a survey... I'm looking for a new financial institution as soon as I get this whole refund issue resolved! US Bank Sucks! PERIOD.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I’ve been a US Bank customer for over 15 years and have perfect credit and a large mortgage loan with them. I decided to pay off the remainder of my smaller equity line early and accidentally left 1 penny in the account. They didn’t send email, mail, or call that I had an outstanding balance but instead sent it to the credit bureau after two months who notified me. Once I figured out what was going on and that it was a US Bank account, I immediately paid my account. US Bank says it wasn’t their fault and won’t remove the delinquent notification to the credit bureau. All of this over a penny after I paid off a huge lump sum years early. It’s the worst form of customer loyalty and respect I’ve ever encountered. They’re willing to ding my perfect credit over a penny that they didn’t send notification was still due and are unwilling to help clean up the mistake.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I wish someone would look into these 'reserve lines of credit.' I don't ever recall requesting this, setting it up, and I know I haven't used these funds. Yet somehow I owe them over $200 on an account I NEVER use?? I would never have known this, if I wouldn't have decided to just close this account.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I called US Bank on 11/07/17 and reported fraudulent activity on my debit card (Reliacard) account. The agent told me that they would flag the account as fraudulent and that my current card would be immediately canceled and I would receive a replacement card within 5-7 business days. Two weeks later, no card in sight. The following Monday, I called US Bank to speak to an agent about the matter of not receiving my card in the mail. I spent 10 subsequent lunch breaks at work trying to get in touch with an agent with no avail. My lunch break consist of 1/2 hour so If I was on hold for longer than that 1/2 hour, I would have to hang up and call back the following day. After exhausting my efforts, I tried to call on a Sunday (my only day off) and much to my surprise I got through to an agent. I explained to the agent that it has been over a month and I still did not get my replacement card in the mail.

After reviewing the notes left by the previous agent, the current agent explained to me that when I initially reported the card stolen, (which I did not - I reported fraudulent activity) I told the agent that I would call them back and that was reason behind why I did not receive a replacement card. I admitted to them that I did tell the agent that I would call US Bank back regarding a minor question on one of the fraudulent transactions, but I did NOT tell them to hold back on sending me a card. I explained that our conversation ended with the agent stating that replacement card would be sent out. Why on earth would I tell US Bank to cancel my debit account and hold off sending me a replacement card that is a direct deposit account?

The major issue that I have with US Bank is that when I called today, I was told that they would send me another replacement card and that it would take another 5-7 days before I would get that card. I asked the agent to expedite the card at their expense because the mistake was made on their end. She told me that I would have to incur a $15.00 fee to expedite the card for 3-day delivery. I explained that it was not in my error and now I am faced with added expenses of late fees on accounts that were set up as direct withdrawals. I was not going to pay any additional fees.

She then told me that she would send the card FedEx and take $15.00 out of my account and the account would then be credited back the $15.00 once US Bank reviewed the audio recording of the initial conversation and there is no mention of me saying that I would give US Bank a callback. I told her that I did state I would call US Bank back but that I did not state to the agent to hold back sending me a replacement card until I returned a phone call to them. Nor did the agent tell me that they would hold off on sending me a new card until I called them back.

The agent that I spoke with today also stated that it would take around 10 days for the review of the audio and a return call to me from management. All of this would set me back another 13 days (minimum) to get a card to me. This means that I would be without a replacement card for the minimum of 50 days and that I would get a replacement card would be sent to me around December 27th, which is 50 days from my initial phone conversation. There is more to this bad experience so I will explain in a nutshell that I was treated in a disrespectful manner and indications were made that I was not being upfront and honest.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that it was not possible because there were two supervisors for the agent to list. I was also repeatedly interrupted and the agent would "talk over" me when I was attempting to get a point across. I did not yell, swear or become disrespectful to the agent any time during our conversation. I had to laugh to myself because US Bank is willing to do go through of this extra work/time at their expense instead of just sending me an expedited card for $15.00. Talk about counter production! Wow. My recommendation would be to bypass this bank and go elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I deposited a thousand dollars in the ATM at a branch and all I have is a receipt. It takes 10 days to get a provisional credit and I have bills due now. I will never use these guys again. They royal screwed me and they don't really seem to care.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Been using Bill Pay since inception and lately having issues with the checks getting to where they should - checks are being returned by the PO saying invalid address. Says it is with the profile of the biller information but I checked and all the information is correct. Called Customer Service, 10 minute wait for a pretty rude agent and then 15 mins for a supervisor - when told I'm being transferred to a supervisor/manager another wait of over 10 mins. This bank is not what it use to be. Local credit unions have been doing a better job for me lately.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Available balance is not your available balance. I pay my bills online. It shouldn't take a week to post. Makes it hard to keep up. And when I'm out doing errands, grocery store etc, I need to know. I think they do it on purpose so they can charge that huge overdraft fee of 35 dollars. 35 dollars?? That's robbery. 35 bucks for being 7 bucks over. Screw you.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I asked how to prove I'm a student. To get a free account. She said "Ok. Wait a sec and there I put down that you're a student now it's free." Well guess what. I'm negative $8.60 because of BS fee saying I'm not a student. Never trust anything their tellers say. They are worthless lying pieces of **. Who are out to hurt people with $10 to their name and need to eat. I called customer service and was told all she knows is what it says on her computer. And there's nothing she can do. Another worthless CSR who can't do anything to be of any help to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Absolutely the most inept financial institution I've ever dealt with. I fell behind in my auto loan by two payments after being off work for two months due to an injury. I paid the delinquent funds. Four days later my vehicle was repossessed. No notification whatsoever. When I called them they didn't admit their mistake however did say that they would waive the repo fee of $500 and that I would have to pay $180 in late fees to acquire the vehicle. I paid it online (There are no US Bank locations in my state).

I called them 24 hours later to ascertain if I could pick up my vehicle and was told I would have to wait 7 days until my funds cleared. When I mentioned that it showed it had cleared online the customer service rep said 'How do you know it cleared?" I stated "On my online account". She again stated it would take 7 days to clear. I attempted to check the online status again the next day to find that my online account had been deleted. This "Bank" is a big money making, opportunistic, dishonest farce. There will come a day they will be investigated and shut down. Do not do business with them.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I almost never go thru the hassle of setting up an account to write a review, but I just couldn’t let this experience go without telling whomever reads this to stay away from US Bank. The federal government should launch an investigation into this deceptive company. I’ve been a Harley-Davidson Visa account holder since probably 2004, and always paid my statement off generally every month.

I decided a few months ago to use one of their “balance transfer” checks - and wow what a mistake that was. It was a no interest till early 2019 promo (with minimum monthly payment). I paid the transfer fee and expected to make the minimum monthly payment until it became due and then I was going to pay it off. I do this a lot, because sometimes it works for me to use the bank's money. After a couple of billing cycles, I noticed I was incurring interest on my account, which didn’t make sense because I was paying my daily purchases off every month.

So I called customer service and after being routed to 3 different agents, they told me that they changed the terms (the rate went from zero to variable) and the money I was paying toward my monthly purchases was also being used toward paying down my balance transfer (not due till 2019!!). I asked them how much of the $2200 promo balance I had left to pay, and they said appx $650.

So essentially I had no idea based on a regular statement how much of the money I was paying every month was going to the promo or going toward my purchases! It doesn’t break that down, and no agent could really tell me either. You’re looking at your online statement with no clue on how they achieve the numbers that are in front of you.

I couldn’t believe that a multi billion dollar bank was actually doing this to me, honestly. They just straight changed the terms of my offer, and left me to try and sort it out. I’m fortunate - I have the money to pay these thieves off, and did. But what about the folks that trusted that their zero interest balance transfer promo was going to expire in 2019 and budgeted accordingly? The “supervisor” actually apologized and said that yes, there was definitely some “confusion” between the initial offer (which I paid a $64 dollar transfer fee to do) and what was transpiring on my account now.

I said, "No, there wasn’t any confusion - US Bank just changed the rules in the middle of the game." Disgusting and shady tactics to play on a consumer, and after being a HD Visa card holder since basically it's inception, I’m done. I can only hope someone from Harley reads this and looks into the fraudulent activity of US Bank. Avoid this scamming company!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

This is the worst bank ever. I had tried for 2 weeks to add direct deposit, Did not work. So I was overdrawn because of the lousy bank not accepting the direct deposit. So they contacted me several times. Nothing has been completed yet. They still try to charge you by adding fees. What a Crap ** Bank. Stay away.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

On 10/4/17 I noticed on my business account that I was being charged for merchant services that I cancelled on 7/3 with teller C ** in Dunsmuir and a 1.5 hr wait on the phone with Elavon. Only to find out that I was being charged for services not rendered. When Confronted, Dunsmuir mgr S ** said in a week to 10 days 89.00 would be refunded... 10/25 and multiple charges later I received 74. Dollars and multiple service charges later I asked for them to be reversed... S ** said request was Denied by Jill **. The most unethical employee known to US Bank. Even laughed at an employee and her assistant mgr for failing an audit. Can you say low class? Closed all my accounts and warn all involved with this shady outfit to do likewise... Run... Run away from them fast... At least if you are in the Shasta Humboldt dist.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Never in my life have I choose to use such a terrible bank. They forget to tell you that every time you check your account balance at a non US Bank atm you will be charged three dollars. Just to check your balance then if you deposit any cash into your account at a local branch you will not have access to your funds for at least 24 hours. Then if you use different atms after making a deposit then you get charged every single time. Also make sure you turn your overdraft protection off. If you do not and your account becomes overdrawn. They charge you twenty five dollars every few days till it's back to a positive Balance.

That cost me $310.00 because it also takes the bank 3-4 days to clear a debit purchase at a Walmart. I do not recommend this bank unless you like to keep a eagle eye on your account. And also they keep shutting my card off because of a fraud alert because I bought a few things at different stores. And they will freeze your account. Until you do the 30 mins it was me using my own card spending my own money. God I hate this bank.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Call bank to see if I could get a 30 day extension on my loan/CC. My wife had just pass away. Was told, 'No'. But I could let it get in the rears. And then let it go into collections. Or I could contact consumer services and reorganize through them. Both are not a option for me. As I have work hard for my credit. I been with US bank for years. Never miss a payment. Been late once in 8 years by one day. And had my corporation with US bank before that. Why treat your customers like this? I guess I will start looking for a bank that does care.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

This has got to be the very worst bank I've ever dealt with... Their hidden fees are outrageous. They don’t post these hidden fees till days later which causes overdrafts. Customer service is impossible to get a hold of. When you do you are told someone will get back to you within two weeks. This is a very dishonest bank whose main objective is to steal as much money from you as they can. Horrible service.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I have been a very long-standing customer of US Bank. Last week I applied for an auto-loan. I received an email to check the status of my application; which I did religiously. Before a week had passed, I reached out to the Bank just to find out that my loan had been denied. My issue is that instead of calling me to tell me this (which I could have been looking for a loan elsewhere); had I not had the initiative to call to inquire, I would have wasted 2 weeks waiting to get the denial. Further, why have an online system that is not accurately updated thus further deceiving customers -- I could have found out this way. This is, by far, the most disappointing experience. After I get my loan situation squared away, I will no longer bank with US Bank. Over the phone the rep told me tonight; that typically if the loan is approved, a call is made but if not, there's no call - just a letter. Obviously, US Bank can't even distinguish itself from others bank. They just can't.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

US Bank has disappointed numerous times. It started with them paying a SECOND homeowner's insurance policy out of my escrow account WITHOUT COMMUNICATING WITH ME AT ALL. I was not aware they had done this until months later, when my escrow account was incredibly short. Then, it was up to ME to battle through red tape with the second company, because I had to do the legwork to get the refund, and then send it to US Bank so that they could deposit it back into my escrow account.

This hassle lasted literally months. Once I was even told by a US Bank "supervisor" (if you can call them that) that she had finally reached the appropriate person by phone, and confirmed my refund was in the mail. But a month later, the refund was nowhere to be seen. I'm SO incredibly tired of their mistakes. But on top of that, I'm completely done with them now because they have no problem putting the weight of correcting their mistakes on their paying customers!

Customer service is a joke... It truly doesn't exist. Then, on top of all of that, their website hasn't been working for a few days, at least not from my iPhone, which is how I pay my mortgage every month. I called for help, and I've been told by numerous employees now that I should try a different computer, because no one else is having issues with their site. I explained other websites and apps are working fine on my phone, and that I've always used this phone, so that really doesn't make sense, nor is it a reason to NOT offer me ANY customer service.

So I hung up and tried the site again later to no avail. So, I called again, and asked for a supervisor who could wave the fee and accept my payment due to the issues I was having online. First Katy told me they couldn't help me, but she was happy to transfer me to technical support. I'm so sick of being shuffled through people who are wasting my time. Then I talked to Sarah I believe? (Honestly, it's been too many to keep track of, and when I've asked them to pull calls in the past when their crap doesn't add up, they can't even let you talk to the department that "pulls calls" nor can you follow up with anyone, nor do they follow up with you... sounds a lot like that department either doesn't exist or they intentionally make it impossible for customers to get to the bottom of any real issue.)

When Katy transferred me to her "supervisor" Sarah, shockingly, she said she was unable to help me as well. I was confused as to why I was transferred to someone who still couldn't help me??? Then I talked to James, who was a DELITE and offered zero help, but with an added bonus - attitude! Don't you love when the very people you pay for the service you are using offer zero customer service AND a little ship on THEIR shoulder??? I would recommend everyone run from this company. I'm now a thoroughly disgruntled customer, who'll be refinancing my house as soon as financially wise and then I'll be rid of them for good.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

If I could give them a lower score than one star I would. The past few months their customer service and the service they provide in their fraud department is crazy. I filed a fraud claim with them for fraudulent charges on my debit card and gave them the charges that I didn't recognize. A few days later I called them back regarding one of the charges and told them I recognized one of the charges. They said they would remove that charge from the claim and not pursue it. I told them ok and that I had resolved the issue with the merchant.

They also told me that they had cancelled my debit card and I requested one to be sent. They never sent it even after I had requested it 2 more times from them. They also pursued the charge they said they wouldn't. I called multiple times asking to speak to a supervisor and was told again and again that a supervisor would contact me and still haven't gotten one call. When I originally filed the claim noticing a pending charge they said they cancelled the transaction and wouldn't allow any more charges to go through. Well after they cancelled it they approved the transaction and the company charged me again and I had another pending transaction pulling more funds from my account.

In total 4 charges were processed almost clearing my debit account from my recently deposited check. I have 3 children that I work hard for and we struggled for the next week till I got paid again. Then I had to wait 10 days to receive a credit back from US Bank with them saying there wasn't anything they could do even from their mistake. So finally today just so upset with their customer service, professionalism, and business practices I am going to be a Chase customer. New checking and savings, and I will be closing my 2 checking accounts, savings account, my wife's checking, and her credit card after it's paid off. Wow after years of being a loyal customer. I have had enough, especially when you can't even get a call back when you call repeatedly.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

US Bank has some internal administrative and supervisory issues that they need to look into. I paid my loan off on 7/25 immediately after speaking with a representative of US Bank, she calculated the payoff and I made the payment. Almost 90 days after the fact I was just billed an additional $260. I spent approximately an hour on the phone with US Bank today (plus the 10 or so minutes on hold) but finally gave up and paid the money so that I could get the lien release. I spoke with 2 individuals but my last conversation was with someone named Nancy, claimed to be a supervisor but I really kind of doubt it. This "supervisor" said that the US Bank Rep could have calculated the figures incorrectly but since she didn't have a recording of the conversation she couldn't do anything about it. The bottom line is US Bank just ripped me off, I guess that I can join the thousands of other dissatisfied customers.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

US Bank advertises Travelex services on their website. Surprised to find no one available for forty minutes while they take lunch. Bank can't help. The order says you can pick up your currency from 10:00 to 6:00. Not true. Poor reflection on US Bank.

US Bank Company Information

www.usbank.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use