US Bank

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

US Bank is by far the WORST bank I have ever dealt with. I set up an automatic payment with Comcast to withdrawal from my US Bank card. Woke up to my service disconnected. Made a manual payment for Comcast online – figuring the ACH failed. Hours later service is still disconnected. Called Comcast and they said the payments were BOTH made but were pending. Went onto my app and it showed US Bank was holding those funds for 10 days. 10! A total of $320. US Bank said they can't do anything and I have to wait for the hold to expire... in 10 days. So all of my money is gone. My grocery money for the month and the money I was saving to go out with my boyfriend for Valentine's Day. Also my cable and internet will remain disconnected until those payments clear in 10 days.

US Bank has put me in a super embarrassing situation. I also know when they reverse those payments they will have a hold on them until they are credited back to me. So I'm literally broke until I get paid again in 10 days and I won't see those particular funds for another 15 days or longer! I am breaking up with US Bank as soon as I can and going to Chase. This is ridiculous!

I had a bad experience where I had to wait six weeks to get a check from a company I was working for. When I finally received it and have them sign it over to me US bank told me that they would not accept it even though it was signed over to me. I checked to see if other banks would accept it if it was signed over and they said that they would but US Bank said that they would not. They just didn't do that and I thought that was not very professional. They even told me that there were no managers available as their manager was sick and could not be reached. If you have a business especially a construction business I would definitely advise you not to use US Bank ever.

People be aware!!! When asking for a loan, make sure they don't include your taxes, and insurance or else you will be paying $443.82 at the end. They don't make aware of this fees. I told the mortgage loaner not to included and still did so he knew I have to pay this fee. This is so corrupt. People just be aware of US Bank.

US BANK is only good if you have a physical branch to attend to your issues. If you do not, then you are seriously S.O.L. They make promises they can't keep when it comes to mailing a physical check to people and/or business. You jump through all the hoops and fill out all the information online and select send. They give you the date of arrival and even give you a GUARANTEE! <----- read the fine print. This "guarantee" only affects people who are penalized with late fees when the check arrives late. It does not qualify towards people sending checks to themselves or to others. I had to send my check to myself TWICE since I do not have a local bank and destroyed my Debit and Credit card to prevent overspending. So this was my option to rely on the USPS.

They give you a date it is supposed to arrive. If it does not arrive they tell you to wait longer before making the decision to cancel the current check and send out another one. They blame the USPS because "They might arrive early, they might arrive late. We have no control over that." <----- this was their "solution" to my frustration. They have no way of tracking anything they send out unless it is next day air. There is not an override option for this over the phone or online to my understanding. Since this has happened to me TWICE you would think they would be more accommodating. They are not and usually are not. US BANK has one of the WORST reviews as a bank online. Their slogan "All of US serving you" is complete bs and once my Credit Card is paid off I will keep that account open, but will no longer do business with them. That is a promise.

I bought my house May 2015. September 1st 2016 two of my nieces got put into my care for emergency purposes until they could go live with their mom. So due to the new and temporary expenses for that month I called US Bank and asked for a deferment. The man said he could help me with that. I've never done anything like this so I didn't know what I was dealing with. Well he set up a payment plan to where the $702 for the month is September would be split up between the months of Oct, Nov, Dec and Jan. I asked if I'd have fees to pay and asked if it would go on my credit, he said all fees will be waived and NO it won't go into my credit report as long as I make the payments on time on or before the agreed iPod due dates! Which I did!!! I was never late I was ALWAYS early!!! So then I find out that they have reported me to the credit bureau anyhow saying I've been late 5 months which has now dropped my credit score from a 720 to a 612!!!

On top of that they increased my mortgage payment back in December and didn't inform me so now they are saying I'm behind $408! I spoke to someone on January 24th 2017 and that's how I found out they raised my payments! Then I received a letter from US Bank January 31st stating my payments have gone up and I owe $408! Guess when the letter was generated!? January 24th!!! I also found out later that US Bank doesn't even do deferments!!! The guy totally mislead me!! So I asked about changing my payment due date and US Bank doesn't do that either! So I asked what they do for their customers to help them out and make sure the customers are able to make their payments on time. They do NOTHING!!! They suggested I just pay late every month and pay late fees!!! And now since they have screwed be over on my credit I can't even refinance with another bank to get away from them!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about US Bank?

I close my account, got a new card. The bank allowed Geek Squad to take money out of closed account. When I call the bank, I got the money back into my account. Because it made me go negative. They won't give back the refund to get me out of negative. When I call the 1800 Us bank, they informed me that the bank issued me a new card but never closed my old account. Like they're supposed to. And they're not responsible to pay the negative money. So every 2 wks they're gonna keep charging me $25.00 which is B.S. I ask how could they take money out then put money in and I'm still in the negative? How could they keep my account open after it was supposed to be closed.

I opened up a small business checking account with US Bank in Manhattan Village. I had deposits go in to the account over the first couple of weeks. One night debit card doesn't work. I call up and they leave me on hold for 8.5 minutes and when they're back on the phone they say they'll have to call me back. I receive no call. A day or two later I call again. The girl on the phone says I didn't activate it. She says now it's good to go. I try to pay a bill and it's declined again. I call back only to find out they froze my account for whatever reason they can not tell me. I've called and called and called and my money (all of my money) is stuck in this account. I am still waiting. It has been a week and a half and no one has said a thing to me. I keep calling asking what they need and no response.

I have a mortgage with them that I have been working on a loan modification for months. The last items were requested from me and I sent in. Their fax machine wasn't taking my fax. I kept sending it and finally goes through. They call me a week later saying they didn't receive it, they only received a blank page. I fax it again. All they needed was a profit and loss statement. I sent them that along with 6 months bank statements which were not requested. They sent me an email saying they have received what I sent them on the 16th of January. Since then until this past Friday there has been no contact. They called me on Friday to say I have been removed from the program because they haven't received anything since October 25th.

Meanwhile I have a receipt saying they received everything on January 16th. I am transferred to someone else who tells me they were unable to read part of the profit and loss so they automatically declined it and told me afterward. A very simple fix I'm sure but I still don't know exactly what it is because no one that works there knows but I find it very interesting that they are telling me I have to reapply and my account is frozen all at the same time. This is disturbing because all of my money is in that account. I have expenses for my business, my car insurance is about to lapse and my rent is due and I can't get a single answer from anyone at US Bank about anything. If this isn't predatory lending I don't know what is. My business doesn't have any judgments, there are no debts and I have complied with them 150% for my loan modification.

After 15+ years of banking with US bank I was turned down for a bank loan on a nice vehicle that is worth more than the $5000.00 I was asking for. Granted I had a bankruptcy 5 1/2 years ago. I have had direct payroll deposits for 15 years too. My girlfriend has been with US bank for several years and has an excellent credit score and mine is only in the good range. You would think after that many years with several thousand dollars in my account at all times I would be considered a good reliable customer with no problems paying off this loan. Also, the banker offered to loan her the money by herself, but not me on the note. I will closing my account as soon as I can get a new bank set up. Up until now I have had good customer relations with US Bank, but will end soon as I will start a good customer relation with another bank here in Council Bluffs, IA.

I opened a new Checking Account at the US Bank at 7451 W. Lake Mead Blvd in Las Vegas, Nevada on 6/17/2016 after receiving a notification in the mail for $150.00 Bonus. The new consumer checking account requirements were a minimum of $25 dollars deposit and a direct deposit into the new account. I opened 2 accounts one because I have a Living Trust, so one was opened in My Name the other in the name of the trust. I met all requirements with US Bank including a transfer of funds of $500 dollars from the Living Trust to the name new account on 6/21/2016. On 7/21/2016 the Direct Deposits started to be placed in the Name Account ending in **. At this point I felt that I was on the way to received the $500 bonus as promised. I was told that it would take from 60-90 days to receive my bonus. This was the 2nd time I was lied to by the bank.

I wanted to open a saving account and transfer the funds in my Living Trust Checking Account to a new savings account. At that time the bank could not find the Living Trust Paperwork that I had filed with that bank. I had to bring in another copy. I told the bank representatives that if I had one more error in my accounts I would close them all and move those accounts to another bank location. I tried to set up a meeting with the New Account/Bank Manager several times. He was also the one who set up my account and had been promoted after my Check Account Promotion Scam. He informed me on 10/03/2016 that my $500 Promotion was set up too early and I was only eligible on 6/30/2016. I told the Accounts Manager that I don't believe that and I no longer trusted the money I have in the bank at that location.

My Bonus account bonus number of ** was misplaced. I still have that copy. I have felt that this scam is the same type that Wells Fargo Bank had. Only its employees misrepresented the bonus information and the persons get promoted and the New Account Consumer gets the shaft. I would like to have some action taken, I plan to closed my accounts at US Bank at 2211 N. Rampart Blvd., Las Vegas, NV who encouraged me to close all accounts at Lake Mead Blvd less than a week before my direct deposits kicked in and again I waited till the following month for my check to be deposited. Another lie. Who do you trust??? I will wait for more confirmation from US Bank before I close my accounts at the location!

I am a victim of the 2016 flood of Louisiana. I hired a contractor to work on my home but they ended up being fraudulent. They took 23,000 from me. US Bank will not release the remaining funds to me to hire another contractor to repair my home. I have provided a police report, contractor license board complaint, documents from the Secretary of State as well as license board proving these people are frauds! The mortgage company will not release me from my contract with these people and they have not done work in my house since NOVEMBER!!

I was told to send certified letters 15 days apart and if they do not respond I can move forward with a different contractor. Here it is January and now they are singing a different story. Now they are saying starting today they have reached out to the contractor and they have 30 days to respond. No one ever told me that after I have spoken to at least 5 different people and why wasn't that done in November after I sent those certified letters?! I just want my insurance money so I can get home! I am a single mother of 2 kids who is driving 4 hours daily commuting!

My father-in-law passed away unexpectedly last March. My husband and I inherited the home that he bought in 1972 and raised my husband in. We have provided all the documentation to show that my husband is the sole heir to the home and transferred all the property over to our name in the state. Prior to his death my father-in-law had taken out a loan on the house. While my husband and I are not opposed to taking over the loan we decided not to and to just keep paying off the loan as it was only $614 a month. At the time we were both active duty military and he was retiring in August and me shortly after. We provided US Bank again with all the required documentation and even sent it registered mail to ensure that we have documentation that they did indeed receive it.

All was well until October of this past year when we received a rather large mortgage bill for $300 over what the bill should have been. We paid it dutifully as we assumed it was a balloon payment of some sort. Then November's bill came it was the same amount. Calls went out to US Bank. Initially they refused to speak with my husband or I as we are not listed on the Disclosure Agreement. Baffled by this I asked who was and they insisted on speaking with my father-in-law. We proceeded to explain to them that he had passed away and that on three separate occasions registered mail had arrived and given them notification that we were indeed the legal owners of the home.

Finally after some extreme head banging we were able to get someone to listen to reason and they at least talked to my husband. They stated that the insurance had lapsed on the home and that US Bank had opened up an escrow account to cover not only insurance but also property taxes. When asked why we were not contacted prior to this happening as my father-in-law had passed away they tried again to state that they had no knowledge of this and that they needed to protect their interest in the home. We provided them with documents to show that we did indeed have homeowner's insurance and that we did indeed pay the property taxes for the home. However here we are in January of 2017 and still we have no resolution and they are still calling and asking for my deceased father-in-law. This company has no compassion and no ethics. I would not recommend this to anyone.

I am currently abroad and it is very important that I access my online mortgage account. I have been trying for months without success! Each time I try to log in I receive the message "This site cannot be reached." I have never experienced such poor customer service! Is not the bank in noncompliance with banking regulations? Can anyone answer this question?

Holding on to the checks until after the 16th in order to collect one of the highest late fees in banking. This has happened to me on two occasions. I send my check out on the 2nd and it does not get processed until close to the 14th 15th or after. They try to blame Post Office but I have sent it with tracking number. It is not the PO fault.

On Friday January 6th, I was notified by text that someone had changed my online banking password. I called Customer service. They informed me that someone had logged into my account and transferred 16,000 points out of my account. This may sound like an easy call. I was on the phone for 1 hour and 45 minutes and transferred back and forth to departments EIGHT TIMES. In the end, they apologized and said they will overnight the card and I will have it by Tuesday. Tuesday arrives - NO CARD. I call Customer service, they apologize but the person DID NOT overnight it, but sent it 7-10 business days. And then they tell me "points were added to your account by a hacker, not taken." REALLY. Who does one believe? So now I have 16,000 less points than what they told me Friday. They apologize AGAIN, and say they will overnight a card, AGAIN, and swear it will be here Thursday.

It's Thursday, January 12 - NO CARD AGAIN! I call Customer service AGAIN. After being transferred only twice, I am told that there was a processing error and NO CARD WAS SENT. THIS IS CRAZY. I have been lied to so many times now I don't believe a word they say. He tells me he will overnight a card to me and it will be here by Saturday - yards, right! I heard that one before. In the meantime, I am without a credit card, can't get online (they blocked my account until I get the CC - funny, right), and I can't book a trip that I HAVE to book, because I can't use my rewards UNTIL I GET MY CC. US Bank has NOT helped me and has lied to me and made my life more difficult.

First of all last year 2016 when I travel to Hawaii all my things were stolen including my wallet and everything. I had no ID so I couldn't get any money. I survived on the streets and basically on my way back and answered questions to get on the airplane. The point is with US Bank no id means no money. Here in what I will call my home branch in Portland Oregon at 7200 Northeast Sandy Boulevard I did ask if you could get money if you didn't have an ID and the branch manager said that I could if I answered questions properly. So on and on and lo and behold a couple days ago I lost my wallet. Herein lies the hassle. First I called the credit card department which then I actually got the customer service department and had to wait twice as long on the phone because the automated system doesn't work. SO after holding and hassling back to the credit card department I put a temporary hold on my cards.

Today I went to the doctor and then I wanted to get some money to go get gas in my car etcetera, so I went to the closest u.s. bank and with the same thought that the branch manager said I can get money with no id if I can answer questions. Well I answered questions just fine I thought and I actually even had a piece of Quasi ID with a picture on it. The condescending manager at Southeast 122nd Avenue just south of Powell at the Safeway in a condescending manner said that I missed two questions or they weren't adequate answers and so I couldn't get my money. She said I needed id. It is lost, costs approx 75 dollars.

My bank account has more than $20,000 in it. But I won't be able to touch any of my money until I have that ID so I had to call my boss who has pneumonia and he's going to help me tomorrow and give me the cash to go through this. At this point I am serious and I will be closing my account with US Bank after 22 years and I never want to hear anything from them again in my entire life. One more Corporation with lousy customer service. Look out folks.

Updated on 01/11/2017: I decided after writing my first review that I would call the branch manager over at South East 200 and 22nd Avenue. Her name is **. When I got to speak to her I told her that I had gone way over her head and that how I had flown on an airplane Alaska Airlines without an ID and I do know the answers but I've been in a car wreck and my memory was not sharp as a tack lately. And she explained again that they wouldn't give me the money that I failed and as I said "I guess I got angry and I expressed that clearly" and you know I said about how her glamorous looks don't make the banker and then she just rudely hung up on me. If that is the thin skin a banker these days then I think they shouldn't be a banker. The point that I am making here is that I didn't fail the bank but the bank failed me. That is why I am moving on. That is my plan with US Bank. Getting out, closing my account.

US Bank currently handles my mortgage. I'm a customer that ALWAYS pay my bills early or on time (before the 1st) and NEVER miss a payment, but US Bank seems to have used their system to where I accrue late charges every month. I changed Mortgage insurances from Geico to Allstate (who was cheaper) which caused my overall Mortgage to lower. I was quoted the new amount by the representative on the phone and sent in that amount before the statement was processed and mailed to me. US Bank told me that because the amount wasn't exactly the same that the representative quoted, that my check was held and suspended because it was a few dollars off from what the printed bill amount would be.

When I mailed another payment in for the next month, US Bank added both checks together to the new printed amount on the statement, used the balance from 2 month checks to put in my principal, charged me a late fee and now makes me late from my month to month payments every month. So now I've gone from paying my mortgage early to trying to beat a $44.51 on the 16th of every month. I've spoken to managers and supervisors and have not had the issue resolved.

I also sent US Bank the insurance refund check from Geico (which was a different amount from my mortgage) and asked that it be put in my escrow so I do not owe, US Bank applied it to my principal instead. I had to call them and have them correct that as well! I feel that this bank put set me up to where they can try to get away with late charges from me every month. I'm talking with my credit union tomorrow to possibly refinance with them. Please do not use US Bank as your lender. I am a very unhappy customer dealing with this headache.

If you can go to any other bank besides US bank I would highly recommend that. I was charged $25.00 for a .30 overdraft. How is that even smart? Then the manager Jeff basically told me it doesn't matter what I'm going through it needs to be paid. Wth! If I could give them negative stars I would. Please go elsewhere for your banking because US Bank are total ripoffs and have the worse customer service. EVER! I'm going back to bank of america.

On December 23, While traveling, I learned the bank had closed my account. Through many calls, all I learned was that in reviewing my acct, they saw (In the word of their representative) "activity that was unusual for this type of account and it lead them to terminate their relationship with me." A bit more than one year earlier, I changed my address. However, they sent the checks from my 3 accounts to the wrong address. Also I have auto deposit for my social security and pension checks and they were sent to non existent account. The estimate of when I will be able to recover my savings and get my pension check is one month. I was told they couldn't tell me what activity on my account lead them to this decision. I need to know how to find out and what I can do about this.

This bank has only one to two people who work on claims nationwide and they say they are located in Kansas, Oberlene Park? The person in charge is a psycho named Don ** who sometimes calls himself Brandon. He has an assistant, a woman who she is basically not in a position to make decisions. This man usually rejects a claim and is a fraud and liar. I had two claims and reported both. Few days after, I called and left a message that I had mistaken and there was only one claim since the other looks good. Now the psycho found a reason to scratch my face. He called and was mean as hell and told me he is denying both claims because if I made a mistake in one, I have likely made a mistake in the other too! I called the non existing customer servicer of US bank who sent me back to the psycho Don **. Finally, I filed a small claim lawsuit and reported the bank to Visa for violations of consumer rights. Please don't let them get away bullying you.

I had pre-authorization charges that needed to be released totaling $1,300. I had conference calls with Card Services and the merchant several times. The merchant releasing all pre-authorizations and still they refused to release the funds back to me. I was first told I had to wait 3-7 days for the funds to be released. 7 days later the merchant and myself called them back and they told the merchant they had to release the funds which they told them they had. US Bank told me on day 10 the funds would release. Day 10 I called back because the funds were still not there. They then told me it would be 20 days. This all started on December 16th. I was attempting to get my kids to me for Christmas which failed since they had all of my money held up.

It is now the day after Christmas and I had to go through Christmas without my boys and still have no money to get them to see me before the holidays are over. I am baffled that any financial organization can do this to people and get away with it. Not to mention they proceeded to hang up on me twice. Yes I was angry and every time I call I get a different story and I am a mother who could not get her children from college home for Christmas. This year more than ever we needed to be together after losing my dad/their grandpa this year.

At the bottom of your site it says "We will investigate your complaint and will correct any error promptly. If we take more than 10 business days to do this, we will credit your account for the amount you think is in error; so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation." I am on day 10. I am still arguing back and forth after numerous conference calls with both. I am shocked at the lack of help and empathy for my situation.

I am a new homeowner with US Bank. I mailed my payment in and it took them almost 3 weeks to deposit the check. I called to inquire on the delay and they said they didn't receive it. They advised me that if I placed a stop payment on the check it would still be processed and I would be charged a returned check fee. What I found interesting is that the check posted two days later. Of course I was charged the late fee but what irks me most is the ding on my credit. In my line of business I accept payments for my clients and send to US Bank for deposit. There has been several times when I have sent a batch of checks to US Bank only to have half the checks process and the other half process two weeks later. I wish I knew who to call to sue them for this!

I was charged for a service which a banker promised to be free. They cheated me and took my money. When inquired 2 different bankers at the same branch gave me 2 different amounts for the service charges for that particular service. One of them was definitely lying. The staff and the branch manager are not properly trained. When I complained about that, the branch manager promised to waive some part of that charges. But later refused because I lodged a complaint about the charges and the bad service at the branch. He took it personal and he would not waive the fee he promised that he would. He lied to me and he cheated by not keeping his promise.

Funny part is when I complained to the regional office, it goes to the branch manager on whose bad customer service I have the complaint against. He says, "You should have read the laws when you opened an account with our bank that there will be a charge for service". Because the previous Branch Manager and one of the bankers who worked there, were excellent and had excellent customer service skills. I brought in all my family members, contractors and employees to this bank without asking for any referral fee or incentive. Now they treat me like this. Very bad customer service. They lie, they cheat. No one at the bank can be held accountable for their words, actions or service. Stay away from US Bank.

I am not a US Bank customer. I am a homeowner who rents my Missouri property out to a tenant and she (the tenant) banks with US Bank. I live in Arizona so it's already fairly difficult to get paid by her in that regard, but it's even harder when my tenant writes a check to me and the local US Bank branch telling me that the check is non-negotiable and they can't tell me why, due to customer privacy issues. They were rude and treating me as if I were trying to commit fraud, even though all I was doing was trying to collect the money which was owed to me by their customer. They tell me to contact my tenant and have her call them to verify some info (that info I'm unaware of). So I call my tenant and she tells me that not only is there no problem, but that she called the local branch I was at, as well as their 1-800 24 hour customer service number.

She swears there is no issue with her account and advises me to go back the next day to cash the check she wrote me. I insist that I called my tenant (as they instructed me to do) and that she called to speak with someone at the branch and the 1-800 phone number. My tenant even knew the employees names at the local branch, so I'm positive that she called them. The manager then proceeded to get major attitude with me saying "How many times do I have to tell you, this is a non-negotiable check."

I was fairly irate at this point and the situation escalated into verbal warfare. Never in my life have I had to deal with something like this and not even know why it was happening in the first place. Then they won't even fix the problem after their customer calls them to try and remedy the supposed issue. These guys are highly unprofessional and I would recommend to stay away from them at all costs, even as noncustomers. They promote a culture of bad attitude and self serving behavior. By the way, this particular branch was located at 3450 W Bell Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85053.

I am totally disgusted with this so-called "bank." Their on-site atm took $430.00 of my money. It ate the cash, said "machine error," and so I went into the bank. The banker was very nice but told me I was the second person to report this issue in the same morning, and they could file a claim, but then told me I would have to wait for up to 10 business days to get a refund. He explained that they only service it once a week, and the tech is not scheduled to come out until the mid or latter part of next week. He told me that this atm, which was moved from one side of the lot to the other, has always had issues, but was too "costly" to replace.

First of all, if a machine is ripping folks off, replace it, as 80k to a wealthy bank is much less serious than average Americans losing hundreds of dollars. Secondly, if several folks complain THE SAME DAY, a tech should be sent out IMMEDIATELY, or at least the next business day. I called customer service and spoke to Brittany, who was a sweetheart. She transferred me to Serena, who was extremely rude, and said she would call the techs Monday, but said "I'm not gonna call you back for a status update on the tech." Finally, why was no out of order sign on the machine, warning folks not to make transactions? Serena said it is because they have to have a tech verify it's not working.

I guess US bank feels that because there are dishonest folks out there. We are all lying, coming in at the same time saying the machines are ripping us off. So, I guess US bank will let customers spend the next several days making deposits, because no tech will come out until Monday, and then tell the customers they have to wait almost two weeks for refunds! Their customer service is hit & miss. Sometimes you will talk to a great person, but this Serena is horrible. My brakes went out & I spent over $400 for repairs and had to get money out of savings to cover that & bills. This has put me in a terrible situation, and I closed the savings account, & will close the checking after I cancel auto-payments & direct deposit. Worst bank in America.

I am a home owner. I live in Maryland. My mortgage is FHA with a CDA and, sadly it looks like US Bank Home Mortgage is the only bank that services FHA with CD. Less than one year in my loan, I was already having serious issues with this bank. First, their customer service is terrible. But the issue I am writing about is what I suspect to be a practice that another bank, First USA Bank had used before, and which earned them a massive and costly Class Action.

Every time I send my payment days before the 16th, I end up being charged a $40+ late fee. I wrote to the bank about this issue. First USA Bank did this before. I moved to PA in 2001. But the week before I moved, I spent one hour over the phone discussing the issue. I told the rep that I believed they were holding my checks, and only sending them to my bank after the due date, so as to charge me a late fee. I told her that while I may not sue them, I predicted that one day, someone would take them to court. The rep laughed.

However, two to three months after moving to PA to start a new job, I received Class Action letters from a law firm. After reading the main complaint, and although it was late for me to join. I thanked God. The chief indictment was exactly the issue about which I had spent considerable time over the phone discussing with them. They mocked me. I felt vindicated. I am suspecting the same issue with US Bank Home Mortgage. There is what I believe any smart attorney could exploit to nail them down. I will withhold that because I am honestly hoping, hoping that this bank would be sued.

What I do not understand is why the government would allow such a monopolistic situation? I mean why allow a single bank to service FHA loans with CDA? This undermines the core principle of competition. Since they are the only bank (that is why my loan officer told me) they feel licensed to behave like sharks. Imagine the bank taking $40+ from hundreds, if not thousands of homeowners, and imagine such a practice going on for years.

In my most recent communication with them, I warned them against a potential litigation. But that has not deterred them from doing it again. Reading other friends' accounts here almost brought tears out of my eyes. I do sincerely believe that something has to be done. If the government does not act to stop this, then we, the consumers must act.

US Bank has their fees, as well as their overdrafts like any other bank. I have their mid level checking/savings account with direct deposit set up with one secured card. No loans, and never had one. Actually got denied when applied 3 years ago, but credit was much poorer then. I have to say they have been more than fair when I have had legitimate issues. When I have overdrafted I have went in to my main branch, and ALWAYS stay down and spoken with someone. EVERY TIME they have refunded at least 50% of the overdrafts. A very satisfactory point for sure!!!

However; I am annoyed that even when you have an overdraft, and the bank is at fault it does not reflect as such on your banking record, it just shows as a past "refunded overdraft", thus appearing as if I screwed up and they rectified my mishap. This has actually hampered them refunding all of my actual mishap in one scenario due to them not being able to see why I had been refunded previously when I in fact knew it was due to a banking error in which they acknowledged. My advice, if you can do direct deposit, choose Silver checking, and if you have any issues... then don't call! Go into the branch and try the old fashioned route and sit down and work it out! US Bank overall is just another for profit, but they're far from the worst!

I live in suburban Detroit. There are no US Bank branches here. I received a personal check from a US Bank customer in Reno, NV and am trying to verify funds. Normally I could walk into a branch and cash the check. Unable to do this locally. I am told that their customer needs to be on the phone since I could be phishing for info. How crazy is this? I don't like being called a thief. I am told to deposit the check and wait for the funds to clear which is ridiculous. If I outright cash the check and there are insufficient funds, I am charged a fee. How difficult is it to verify funds? Apparently US Bank knows nothing about customer service.

I decided to returned my leased car 6 months early, pay the remaining payments and get a new car. I used the same new car dealer this time as I did less than three year ago to buy the one I was turning in and they FedEx'ed a check to US Bank the next day for the total balance. I then went on to my account on the US Bank website and it showed the payment was applied to my account. Two months later they sent me a bill saying they had not received and I owed them for all the remaining payments plus $136.00 for a tire they said was below their standards.

When I called them they claimed that they just received the payment that day and told me the dealer held my money for 2 months, even though I had evidence to the contrary. Every time I have dealt with the leasing group I have found them to be rude, uncooperative and liars. I would suggest to anyone looking to lease or buy a car they look elsewhere. My new car dealer also stopped dealing with US Bank because they were constantly having these kinds of problems with them. I also tried to find a place on the US Bank website to file a complaint and there is none.

My daughter had been 18 yrs old for one week, she wanted an account and was told US Bank is best for her. She listened and opened up an account there. The US Bank employee offered her overdraft, knowing she was very gullible as an 18 yr old. My daughter said sure, without being told hidden guidelines and rules first. An 11 dollar overdraft turned into 348 dollars in 2 weeks! We tried and tried to work with them and ask for this to be fixed and the store manager would not help her out. This practice if preying on young school kids needs to stop. It is illegal and shows the disparity of this business. We will pay this and close her account, and make sure to tell everyone about their practices.

My mother-in-law has Alzheimers and my husband has power of attorney. For the past 2 and half months we have been trying to get US Bank to return her money so that we can use it to pay her bills. Every time we call we get the runaround. Every time we call we are given a different story. Refund back in July. Was told refund will be sent in 7-10 days. Nothing. Called back. Said it was sent to unclaimed funds. Not true. Next call refund on the way. Another lie. So here it is November 15 and was told last Saturday would be here in 10 days. It's been 10 days and nothing. Have been trying to avoid getting attorney involved because of cost but now we are going to sue for refund plus 3 times that amount because unlawful withholding and also going to get Ohio and Florida's Attorney General involved. One way or another we will get her money back.

US Bank Company Profile