1.02/5

1376 US Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I've NEVER had this much disdain for an organization in all my life! So many issues with this bank over the years. The only reason I keep an account with them is because I have a small home equity loan. My latest issue was today... I deposited $800 cash into my account and it took 15 minutes at the drive thru. I felt like a pimp or drug dealer! They asked for my D.L. AND asked me questions about my occupation, where I live, and generally how I earn my living! So "heads up" to anyone depositing cash into your account... be prepared for the 4th degree! They SUCK!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Here's the short version...I have a 1-2-3 Rewards Visa card through City Market. On three occasions recently, they have refused to pay bills as requested. The excuse they gave my creditors was, that I did not authorize the payments. I received a return check fee from my utility company, and had to pay $9.99, to get a payment to a credit card. The second attempt, to make a payment to my credit card was after, a customer service representative told me she had done a "reset" on my account. I have been trying to get help with this for 2 months, they simply refuse.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I received a letter today stating my interest rate was being increased from 18% to 25%. As if 18% isn't already high enough. These greedy buggers will continue to take more and more even from long time customers at the sake of increasing their bottom line. I called the customer service phone number and got the exact uncaring, we're too big to fail response that I was expecting. Do you remember Bear Stearns US Bank? My only hope is that you uncaring US Bank execs experience the same fate. Until then I'll do everything in my power to get rid of my US Bank affiliation and move on. Hopefully something better is out there, but only new Fintech (decentralized) model seems to put these people in their place.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

If there was an option for zero stars, that's what I would choose. We inherited a home out of state that has no mortgage; completely paid off. We applied for a home equity loan to consolidate our debts plus have some money for home improvements on the home we inherited. We applied for the loan and were approved. Then we get a call telling us that since we have not owned the home for 6 months, there is a federal law stating that they cannot loan any money until we've had the house that long. We were a month shy of 6 months. They told us not to pay any of our outstanding bills, as they would be paying everything off and it would throw their numbers off. They set up 2 different dates for "signing" the loan and both times they came up with something else we needed to give them AGAIN. They kept losing documentation that we previously had given to them.

We provided them with our auto loan pay off amount last week and were told everything was in order and we would be signing on 9/4 and loan would be funded 9/7. When we didn't hear anything about mid morning of 9/4 we called US Bank to get a time for the signing. AGAIN they needed "another pay stub" that they had received previously. We sent it, and then got a call about an hour later and we were told that we were not getting the loan because our credit score had dropped. The only reason our credit score dropped was because they told us not to pay our outstanding debts! This bank has ruined our credit and now we are unable to get another loan at this time due to our credit score, which US Bank has ruined!! I wish there was an agency where they could be reported. Ruining people's credit should be a crime. I DO NOT RECOMMEND US BANK!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

We have had a US Bank Visa card for many years. There has not been any drama - we charge, we pay the bill on time. Today, I attempted to charge groceries at a major retailer but card was declined. I called customer service and was informed that my account was deactivated due to two fraudulent charges that occurred 3 weeks previously. We agreed they would cancel this card and send new card in the mail. Because of the noisy environment in the store, and difficulty hearing on the phone, I called them back after returning home.

I was curious as to why I had not been notified regarding the fraudulent charges, and subsequently not notified that my account was deactivated. I was then transferred multiple times to different departments including Customer Service, Fraud, Internet Banking, and finally back to Fraud. There was initially a 30 minute wait time. Most of the representatives seemed angry. They had different reasons why we were not contacted regarding the incident, from not having a signed disclaimer to contact us, or that our voicemail did not identify our name, only our number, and therefore, they could not leave a message. Our phone record does not reflect their attempt to call. I think this hour on the phone with them illustrates the worst customer service I have ever experienced. They are about to lose a customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about US Bank?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

We have been US Bank customers many years, back when they were Firstar bank. That is why we first attempted to get a home equity loan to buy a second property thru US Bank. From the start it did not go well. At one point in time we had 3 loan applications (me, my husband and joint) in process with multiple mailings and repeated requests for same documents. Of course, with this came 4 different people to try to deal personally with the loan. The last person who actually was to be our loan advisor would not return voicemail or emails. That is until we canceled the loan via email and he responded in 5 minutes. Their time frame was 6-8 wks.

We contacted Quicken Rocket mortgage and the experience was like night and day. They cared we had a time limit and tried (successfully) to carry it out. We could go online and get updates easily. Our contact person immediately answered questions and on his own contacted us to keep us updated. We received the loan without difficulty in 3 weeks. I wished US Bank from the start would have said they do not care to do loans any longer. US Bank was a terrible option for a loan.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

The bank closed before I could get there and I needed to deposit money for upcoming bills so I used the cash deposit ATM and made a deposit of 1,000. When I was done with transaction my receipt came out saying, “Machine error and we are unable to credit your account or return funds.” I called them and did the whole dispute thing and it’s been a week and my bills are coming in and my account is negative and it has so many overdraft fees and MY money is still not in my account. I’m suppose to wait 10 business days for MY money yet they’re real quick to overdraft even if you deposit the same day your bill is pending. $500 would of took care of my bills and the rest was for my use gas etc...til pay day. I still have to get to work but US Bank has MY gas money but they don’t care. What they need is better and faster service because I can’t afford to wait 10 business days for MY money.

20 years with US Bank and after this I’m done, because I really needed MY money if I would of had extra I would be able to wait but I don’t and this whole situation is just frustrating. Customer Service is horrible when I called about the overdraft fees that were coming in. He said, “Well this year you’ve paid $900 in overdraft fees so it seems like a habit of yours.” The nerve, I told him not to worry about my habits as long as US Bank is getting paid my habits then they’re making money off of me so he should be happy I’m making US Bank money and not throwing it in my face. I told him, “My account is not closed so obviously I’m up to date right.” But they can keep MY money and no one’s is jumping hoops to get it back to my account. I’m definitely closing my account after this is settled and US Bank can’t do or say anything to make me stay. 10 business days is WAAAYY too long.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Got Focus Card thru company for my check to be direct deposited. I had some issues. Needed statement from them showing every check deposited so I could be paid for time employer owed me. Could not look it up. Had to mail it to me. Said it be 7 to 10 business days. Never came. Then called back said they would mail it again in 7 to 10 business days. When it came they sent me statement that were for dates I never even had card. Called them and nobody knows what they are doing. One says one thing and another says another thing. I cannot believe they are allowed to stay in business. Sad sad sad excuse for a bank. Reading everyone else's reviews looks like they should be shut down.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

When you open with a brick & mortar bank, you have customer service expectations. You expect representative to be able to help you, you expect them to listen to your concerns & respond appropriately, you expect them to have a level of concern, awareness, & reliability that only a living person can often provide. Furthermore, when you choose a large, older brick & mortar bank, you expect consistency, the opportunity for growth, & a trustworthiness that can often only be found with years of wisdom garnered from past mistakes.

You get none of this US Bank & to add insult to injury, it is your fault entirely for even placing them on such a pigmented pedestal. Imagine my surprise to hear that there is nothing they can do to intervene in the automated actions of their 3rd party managed ATM’s. Imagine my shock when their glorified sales rep (they refer to themselves as “Banker’s”) place the blame solely on me for expecting to be warned (JUST warned) about a $1200 check suddenly being reversed & overdrafting my account simply because I’m in the middle of a name change (never mind the fact that it still had my husband’s name on it as well & that our account is joint). Imagine my utter shock to discover than when I vehemently denied overdraft protection, I didn’t quite pick THE CORRECT option that would not only deny just Visa transactions, but RECURRING Visa transactions as well!

Gosh, I must just be SO LAZY to not have realized all these rules about my account THAT WERE NEVER EXPLAINED in the last 4 years I’ve owned this account & NEVER OVERDRAFTED, or even the last time just this year I called regarding this same matter & was explicitly told that ONLY ACH transactions would be put through. What’s crazy is that these people honestly believe that because of $90 worth of transactions going through (which again, should have been declined- oh don’t worry, they now made sure to click that option for me this time! So no big!) it’s entirely justified to STEAL $180 even though it sat negative for all of TWO ** DAYS.

Ladies & gentlemen, not even WELLS FARGO, the king of banking horror stories, did this to me. My account could sit negative for a total of 3 day’s & I would maybe incur ONE fee. Yup. So think TWICE folks, this is not the bank for you, trust me. I expect to be treated like a number, I expect fees when I make mistakes, what I DO NOT expect from a PHYSICAL BANK that I can go into is the lack of help, transparency, & theft I’ve been provided with despite the 4 years of WEEKLY direct deposits (every Friday) my husband & I have made!

Oh, this is rich too, one day, for no particular reason at all, US Bank closed our savings account even though we’d just had about $1k in it a couple weeks prior & were about to put more in. Oh! & while we’re at it, let’s mention the fact that our account is supposed to be FREE with a qualifying direct deposit, ask me why we’ve suddenly been charged every month this last year... Guess what? I have no idea & neither do any of the reps!

I would ask a qualified banker, but the THREE times I’ve put in a request, nobody calls us back! & remember, those “bankers” they have at each location... They’re sterile sales people! Last, but certainly not least, the rep I JUST spoke to (she’s the FIRST kind rep I’ve ever spoken to through them) said that customer service reps are completely neutered. They can ONLY reverse fraudulent transactions, no bank fees, just fraudulent transactions. You need a “Banker” to do everything else. But they don’t call you back! So yeah... I recommend looking elsewhere. This is one pile of crap you do not want to have a relationship with.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Worst call center customer service! Due to a online booking error with CheapTickets, US Bank had asked that I contact CheapTickets to confirm they do not have a hold on my funds. I did this and CheapTickets confirmed that they do not have a hold on my funds. The hold dropped automatically from their end within the first 24 hrs. I am now on day 7 and my funds are still showing in pending status. Per USB I have to file a complaint to start an investigation on why my funds were being held by USB. WTF? I have been given the runaround the past 7 days on over $900 of my money that I do not have access to that is being held by a financial institution that wants me to tell them why. Once the funds are released I will be closing this account. ** ridiculous.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

US Bank is the worst bank ever. They charge you fees for their mistakes then talk to you like crap. I disputed 2 charges in April. I mailed all the paperwork liked they asked and in 10 days I received my money back. Today I look at the account and it’s in the negative. I called and asked why they told me my one dispute got denied and they took their money back without my knowledge then on top of that charged me a NSF fee that caused a negative balance and told me I should be grateful they let the check go through.

They were all nasty and acted like I was bothering them because I wanted the NSF fee taken off because it was their fault and not my fault. I talked to three supervisors and the last one said to me, "I am going to tell you how this goes. We are not going to take off the fee," even though the money was taken out without my knowledge and they don’t care. I then told the supervisor, "No. This is how it’s going to go. You can take the $40.00 and shove it." I just canceled my credit cards and accounts I have with them and will never do business with them again.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I needed to increase the monthly external transfer limit on my checking account by $250. US Bank gave me a flat no. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told that no one would be able to help me because the current limit is a set amount for every account. I've been with the bank for a very long time and believe their response was very unprofessional. Every account holder has different financial needs. I know they have limits for security reasons. On the other hand, I should have some say in this limit.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Imagine that you’re 2100 miles from home with your family on an extended business trip. Before leaving you grabbed the wrong ATM card for your business checking account and you don’t have any checks. When you call your bank desperately in need of help getting access to your funds, they cut you off at the knees and completely disable your account with no notice instead of calling you. They then don’t call you back for two weeks letting all your payments bounce and ruining your credit, THEN they tell you they can’t help you and you need to fly 2100 miles to walk into a branch, which you can’t do because the only funds you have left are in your business checking account. This is what Randy ** (the manager at the business “service” center) and Tawnie ** (branch manager at the La Brea branch in LA) did to me and they’ve yet to fix it.

I’m an IT contractor who travels for work and uses his business checking account to get paid. Sometimes I work as a W2 employee so my business checking account goes unused for long periods of time between contracts. Before leaving my home, I could not find my debit card or checks, but I checked Google and it looked like there was a US Bank branch near my work in Manhattan. Clients are regularly slow to pay me for the first time and travel is expensive (I was traveling with my family this time as I have a new 1 year old), so it’s regular for my funds to be depleted to a critical state and my credit cards nearing their max by the first payment. To my dismay, it was two months before this first payment, plus Google was outdated and there is no branch in New York at all, or any state I could drive to in a reasonable amount of time.

I called the business “service” center in a state of panic needing new checkbooks or a check card or something as I really needed to pay bills at this point. They said I’d have to change my address, so I changed my address. Then the business “service” center then told me I’d have to wait 30 days now to get checks (would have been nice if they told me this before… could have had someone go to my house on the West Coast and send them to me). I’m with my wife, child, and just spent $20K moving us to New York… I don’t have 30 days to wait, I’m out of money now. So I asked if they could wire transfer or ACH money to people I’m desperately behind with.

This is not an unusual request for most banks, but apparently the “service” center at US Bank saw this as some sort of security breach so they locked my account. I can no longer use PayPal or anything from the account… It’s totally locked. I cannot fly to a state with a branch, I’m almost completely out of money. I’ve been able to buy over a million dollars’ worth of property with bank funds with notarized identification… I’ve never met a mortgage banker personally.

Mind you, I was upset when I called and I'm progressively more and more upset on every subsequent phone call. My life is slowly getting ruined by my inability to access any funds at all. Wouldn't you be upset? Do you think you could keep your cool if everything in your life was crumbling because of the incompetence of a few bankers. I really feel like the "fraud" hold was put on my account as some sort of punishment for losing my cool. I spent countless hours calling the business “service” center. Randy ** is the manager there and I was told several times he was the one who made the decision to keep my account locked these past two weeks. I’ve left countless messages with him and he has yet to call me back.

Tawnie ** tells me I can walk into the branch in Los Angeles with my ID and she’d un-freeze my account, but if she has the power to do this, why can’t she accept a notarized letter like EVERY OTHER BANK ON THE PLANET? Why can I buy a house this way, but I can’t unlock my own funds? Tawnie tells me repeatedly that it’s Randy’s decision, but she won’t conference in Randy so we can get to the bottom of it. So my checks bounce, my e-mail fills with notifications from Experian that I have new negative items impacting my credit, can’t pay for my short term rental in New York so me and my family are about to be homeless, and I can’t afford to fly home. A complete nightmare.

Finally got ahold of another manager, Aaron (ID # **). Tawnie thinks she’s waiting for Randy, but Randy it seems is now on vacation for the next two weeks. Aaron will not take the 5 minutes it would take to call Tawnie to clear this up, and Tawnie will not take the 20 minutes (takes longer to get through to the Business Service center) to call in. The problem seems to be a deep systematic failure at US Bank. A deep apathy and complete lack of human empathy on a scale that is aggressive. Anyone who banks there is really really foolish.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Interest rate increased to 24%. This is my highest rate by far. I'm a customer for more than a decade. Calling is useless. Just have to wait 6 months. Then came a $35 late fee. I paid on the day due. "Sorry, you missed the cutoff and we can't waive the fee." I'll pay the card off and never use again.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Wouldn't return phone calls in a timely manner. Repeatedly. Wouldn't follow through on promised tasks in a timely manner. Would take weeks and months. Made it very difficult to close accounts. 1-800-US-BANKS told me it takes indefinite time to close an account because "you might have payments coming out or automatic deposits going in." Those things are MY business, not THEIRS. By contrast, another bank closed an account for me in 5 minutes without second-guessing my automatic payments and deposits. It took US Bank nearly three weeks.

Hit my checking acct with a finance charge for not keeping a $25 balance on the day the statement period ended. I had withdrawn the balance simply to close the account. This charge was fraud as far as I am concerned. The branch manager knew it was wrong and did get it reversed after 10 days. US Bank corporate didn't know what its branch was doing, and vice versa. Example, the branch recognized power or attorney (after taking more than two months to do so). 1-800-US-BANKS could not see that information, or that I was approved as a co-signer on the account as well after submitting a notarized identification. I take care of my elderly mother's finances, but live 2000 miles from the branch, and they do not exist in my state. I could never set up online banking to make it more convenient, because I couldn't get a pin number from 1-800 US-BANKS, because they didn't recognize my standing even though the branch did. Catch 22, multiple times.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I applied for an overdraft protection and was approved for my checking account. To my surprise there is a $12.50 fee anytime it is used automatically. So I would need to manually transfer (advance) myself money from my line of credit first before using my debit card because if I don't the bank hits you with a fee! The whole point of having overdraft protection is so you don't get a $35 fee if your checking account goes in the red. Leave it up to US Bank to charge you fees anytime they can get away with it. I called customer service and they wouldn't reverse the charge not even as a one-time courtesy to me. Bad customer service and US Bank is all about charging the customer fees any way, shape, or form! I'll go back to using my credit union checking account. US Bank is terrible.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Cannot get a person on the phone. It is always a 10-20 minutes wait. Really hard to do when you are working. There is no email. I refinanced a loan and a final payment was sent. I checked online and the payment appeared one day and was gone the next. Then they took another monthly payment. Will NEVER deal with them again.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Do not bank here! We opened an account because my daughter was traveling internationally. She’s the only one on her team that had trouble using her bankcard. And every single time I go to deposit money it is a hassle.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I am trying to close an account to finalize my mother's estate. I have had to deal with several banks during this process. US Bank is THE most difficult bank to deal with, by FAR! They actually require an ORIGINAL will and the original affidavit. NO other bank has asked for originals. I have made five trips to US Bank to close this account and every time, they need one more thing. Today I deposited a cashier's check to the account. Then they tell me it needs time to clear. I was told to come back another day.

The definition of a cashier's check according to WIKIPEDIA is "A cashier's check is a check guaranteed by a bank, drawn on the bank's own funds and signed by a cashier. Cashier's checks are treated as a guaranteed funds because the bank, rather than the purchaser, is responsible for paying the amount." US Bank has made this process extremely stressful. I will NEVER bank with US Bank again. I would recommend closing your accounts before they turn into an estate.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Worst customer services! They do hired peoples off MLK blvd to call peoples up (harassing) because their tax or insurance went up $30.36 short on the payment. Please train your peoples right how to look for specific reason in any situation to work it out correctly! Minus star!

Original review: July 31, 2018

I opened an account and said exactly what my business does, got my federal code, etc license. When I went to send money to Nigeria OH MY GOD it was a forbidden word and surely a scam. I said, "You can't categorize an area when there are scams right here in America and around the world." I went in to get a cashier's check on my cash and I had to fight about it. "Come back tomorrow" I was asked. I said "NO. I told you what my business does."

So the same lady that had a taboo on Nigeria handed me a check and closed my account. I wrote to the corporate as I always do because unless enough people file complaints events like this go unnoticed. I was apologized to. I said but how do you know the person who was to receive my wire wasn't in need? We need some law changes in banking in America. I don't recommend this bank for money services.

Original review: July 31, 2018

This "bank" runs the debit cards containing unemployment funds/payouts in my state (Pennsylvania). I used the card because I still had money on it remaining from when I was temporarily unemployed last year. They withdrew money twice for one costly restaurant dinner transaction, then sent me transaction text alerts showing this. I called to dispute it and they are having me go through a huge "fraud report" dispute process, with an excessive processing time of up to 90 days just to clear something that's obviously a human error on their end.

Any "real" bank would have never even let the same transaction post to the account more than once, let alone put the onus on the victimized consumer. It would have been corrected and retracted immediately if it ever even went through more than once; at least that was my experience with 2 other banks. When you argue or ask questions, the dispute department rep just monotonously rereads the disclosure statement over and over again... unhelpful. Last time I ever use this POS debit card for purchases. I am withdrawing the rest of the funds immediately and transferring them to my real bank account.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I only opened an account with US Bank (Kuna, Idaho) because my new job used this bank to do business with and since I tried to cash my payroll check and they wanted to charge a fee to cash it since I didn't have an account with them and I certainly wasn't going to pay a fee out of my check just to get paid I opened an account. I'm not kidding. I made a deposit and had not even used my card it showed I was overdrawn. How can that be I just deposited my check? The entire time that account was open it never showed that I had money. How can a bank do this to people and not get caught?

They are cheating hardworking people out of their money and now years later they are still trying to come after me. I let that account sit for a couple of months just to be sure I had everything come through and then I went and took my money out ($30), which they didn't want to give it to me. I had to get a manager in order to get my money and now they are saying I owe them over a thousand dollars. What a crock of **. That was in 2010, now in 2018, they are trying to report me and say I now owe them over $1000. I didn't get checks from my account. I only had a debit card and I rarely used it. I only had the account for 6 months and then two months later I closed my account because I wasn't using it nor did I want to have this bank handle my money. They are a rip off.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Been trying since May 4th to get my refinance with US Bank and they are my original loan holders. I was assured this could be done form an international site. Paperwork arrived with the worn address and city. Asked to have things emailed not mailed and they still had no follow through. DO NOT USE THEM!!!

Called and placed on hold for hours, yes and they kept my money! Cost me 1000 with the cost of paperwork and second time not even given to me with tight times for canceling. They are really unprofessional.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I had US Bank since I was 15. When I was 18 I got To have my own bank account. I’m now 24 and I have to say I should of left US Bank a long time again... since I’ve been with I had Fraudulent activity in my credit card and my debit card. Every time they sent me a new it had the same number it. I would go in to ask if I can a new card. This fraud took place... which makes no sense... and then you have to wait until 5am on a Business day For your pending transactions to be cleared. You never really know how much you have in your checking account because of it... and customer service always gives you wrong dates and number if you need an extension date to pay anything like a loan or credit card off so you end up paying more than what they tell you. I’m so over this bank... this bank stresses me out!!! I will be banking with CHASE in a stress free environment.

Original review: July 12, 2018

On 7/2/18 I received letter in my mailbox from US Bank stating my checking and savings accounts were closing 7/2/18. Thinking this had to be a mistake. I've never bounced a check. Been with US Bank since the beginning. I used to be with First Bank then it became US Bank. I went to Oakdale branch. They took forever to tell me it was closing that day and my savings account already closed. I had two electronic deposits two days prior. Had 13 transactions that were pending. Left bank with 3500.00 and change. I called US account closed dept. All they said was they have the right to end relationship.

Received a check in the mail for savings account. I also had a US Bank investment portfolio which I have since closed. I have received no info from bank regarding these pending transactions. I did receive a phone call from two places that I have satisfied. I've had a mess trying to change direct deposits and bills that are withdrawn automatically each month. I cancelled my cancer scan and lab appointments for July due to auto withdrawal for my United Health care premium, they could not cancel EFT in time. I want to know how to get this mess figured out.

I take pride in my credit score, pay my bills on time, I never knew this was going to happen, I would of made a change in banks. I don't need all the added stress this is causing. I know this has to be a screw up by US Bank. Why am I not receiving any notices about items being returned, I didn't keep track of all of the places I used debit card days prior to this, always had plenty of money in account to cover my purchases.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I used a US Bank ATM on a Friday. I withdrew $400. I was in a large truck. I couldn’t reach the money. I tried a couple times. I released my seatbelt and still couldn’t reach. I could see it. I am in a risky area. I was afraid to pull forward and risk the car behind me getting the money. Eventually I did pull forward. It was far enough, so when I opened my door it hit the machine. The money was gone. It was sucked back in. By this time I pulled up further. I got out of the truck to look to be sure. It was gone. I went in to get help. They couldn’t help. I had to wait to see if the machine corrected it in the morning. It did not. I filed a dispute claim. They told me they don’t service that machine. I would have to wait until it was reconciled on Tuesday.

On Tuesday, no money. I called and got nowhere. The representative literally said, "We can’t just give you back your money.” Unbelievable! I went to the branch. The manager told me that they should have it resolved in 10 to 45 days. If it was researched and found correct, they could put a provisional $400 in my account hopefully within 10 days. Once it has gone through the process which could take up to 45, it would be corrected. I will have to WAIT for “their process” to complete before I get the $400 back. So basically US Bank stole my $400 until whenever??? Where can I get help? I can’t wait that long? Ugh.

Original review: July 8, 2018

We had water damage in our home early March 2018. Our home insurance company (MetLife) has been working hard to assist in the repair of our home. Per acclaimed regulation, claim checks above $20000.00 must include the name of the mortgage bank which is US bank. The processing of our checks and release of funds to our contractor have been treacherously handled by the property loss claim division of US bank. The attitude of the first level contacts is below industry standard and terribly deficient.

They are inadequately trained to handle questions. Instead, they engage customers in frustrating redundant and time-wasting questioning. Even the so-called specialists seem to engage in similar frustrating and embarrassing arrogance. In particular, a young woman by name Erica demonstrates zero skills in interpersonal communication. She was inconsistent, arrogant and falsely claimed that she has no supervisor. I asked for her manager, she claims to have no manager.

Issues: US bank demands cumbersome document be filled and submitted by both the insured (us) and the contractors that work on restoration and repairs. The forms are confusing and grossly deficient. They also require the adjuster's statement of work, signed contracts between the contractor and the insured. Also, the checks issued by MetLife to be mailed to Springfield Ohio. The horrible process is managed through a website www.insuranceclaimcheck.com which is not transparent to the US bank employees handling questions and resolutions.

2. Calling customer hotline is painful, frustrating, confusing and extremely time-consuming. And the US bank employees at the desk take additional pride in irritating and smashing customers. 3. Mailing checks to contractors can take weeks if not months. 4. Money not readily available to pay a deposit to contractors. 5. The US Bank employees at this site lack the ability to understand the tragedy of having a home damage. They have no respect for elderly and old people.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I am in trust to US Bank. They advised my father or maybe referred him someone to write the trust agreement. It was so poorly written that when he died half his assets which should have been in the trust weren't. I have a mental problem. Then on the advice of a unintelligent relative they sent a social worker to my door unrequested by me who told me I was not being charged for their services. Naive me I believed it as I saw no charges in my account. This stupid well meaning relative had convinced my mother who was senile to pay for their services without my knowledge. When I found this out I dropped them.

The bank in a letter which I have advised me not to do so and that this social service, Stowell Associates of Milwaukee, was honest. US Bank uses this social service for others like me. After a 5 year period this cost me $150,000 and the bank has not reimbursed me for any of this. Now we are talking smaller amounts but still... when you close a revocable trust account which I have done the bank charges you $1000 for doing nothing. Banks have been charging amounts like $25 to close your checking accounts. There was a bill in Congress to stop this I believe mostly just per these small charges.

A man who managed my account and has since left US Bank on his website said the bank he worked for which was USB did a lot of self dealing. A professional investment advisor told me he would never use any bank as a trustee. But at least don't ever use US Bank as one. I haven't covered everything they did wrong. I have asked them to resign because of their incompetence but of course they refuse to do so.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I am a Realtor representing a couple who chose to use US Bank as their mortgage lender since they already had a banking relationship for their personal and business accounts. From the beginning, Jennifer ** was unresponsive, extremely hard to understand due to her heavy accent (people in her position, frontline to the customer, should really be fluent or be able to communicate effectively), and often blamed others for her delays. Then, once out of her hands and into the closing department's hand, that department never communicated delays, never answered calls, and never gave my client any follow up to ensure that their interest in this loan's closing was overseen.

This morning, my clients went into their scheduled signing, set up moving arrangements per the bank's timeline, only to find out loan docs were never sent and issues they had were never addressed until the escrow officer followed up. When I called Jennifer ** to follow up, she said: the closer is on vacation and didn't assign the file, the escrow company increased fees therefore we can't close on time, and it may not be until tomorrow that loan docs are sent.

While just asking her to push for a rush on this file, she simply hung up the phone on my face, for the THIRD time since we've "worked" together on this sale. To add insult to injury, I tried calling US Bank's corporate office only to be shut down and told I cannot speak to anybody handling this particular file, even if it meant my client had questions. Unbelievable, unconscionable, and extremely unprofessional. I will never refer or ask that any client of mine use US Bank for any of their banking or borrowing needs. This was the worst experience and I can't even comment for my client.

US Bank Company Information