1.26/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

US Bank

Looking for a mortgage lender?

US Bank Reviews

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I became a customer of this bank by attrition. They took over my previous bank. The transition was very smooth and their customer service reached out to me to assure I was comfortable with the change. My previous bank was a local entity. I was pleasantly surprised to find that US Bank had locations nationwide. This proved very convenient whenever I traveled. Using their online services is easy and, so far, very safe. The customer service reps are very friendly and always helpful when I have to go into the bank to transact business. Though I have very little money, they always make me feel that my business is just as important to them as their corporate customers.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I'm very satisfied, overall, with US Bank associated with its on-line functionality, as well as, the available physical resources, nationwide network of branches & ATMs. Furthermore, US Bank has investment services so I'm able to truly benefit from a one-stop-shopping relationship with US Bank.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 29, 2019

Have no problem getting on the Website and it is easy to find what you need to see. They are very happy to help you with any issues that come up. Have not had any serious problems to deal with. Have had this bank for a few years.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I used a personal banker to help me get the best value! I was working and could not do all the value research so I would email him the vehicle details and he would tell me the real loan value! I went in and bought my car in an hour! The dealership had no idea how to react! Personal relationships are still the best way to go!

Original review: May 12, 2019

The loan process was the easiest we've ever gone through! We had loan 'assistants' who literally walked us through each step of the process, which was successful! US Bank is very customer friendly and it seems they almost hope for a problem, somewhere, so they can fix it! Bank staff are very friendly and are always willing to take the time to explain certain processes so that customers, like me, understand fully, and we appreciate that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about US Bank?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I was a customer with this financial institution through attrition. My previous bank (Charter One) and before them (St. Paul FSB) were housed in the same facility in my town for 22 years. From day one of US Bank takeover, I was not satisfied with the limited services, always long lines, short tempered tellers, etc so I performed most of my transactions via atm or drive through if it was an emergency. Lobby service was less than desired. I stayed because of the proximity of locations to my clients who issued me checks and the fact that I would only utilize the lobby services if absolutely necessary. On October 11, 2011 I had trouble paying a bill with my debit card, which I always used every month for the last 10 months. Mind you I have (4) accounts with this bank, (20) checking. (1) Business and (1) money market line of credit.

Fast forward, I had to use a check by phone because the clerk stated my debit card was invalid. I came home, logged on to my computer and was issued a message to call my branch which I did to learn my accounts had been closed (same day) due to fraudulent activity (no one to date has explained what fraud) and since it was after hours, I needed to visit the branch mgr the next day (Saturday). Of course when I arrived at 9am on Saturday 1-/12/19, the mgr was off and Monday (10/14/19) would be holiday so I could check back Tuesday 10/15/19. No one could tell me why my accounts were closed, cards de-activated and they had (4) cashiers checks waiting for me. I was furious because I knew I had (2) outstanding transactions that would come back to a now closed account. My attorney is looking into this for me.

Fortunately, I have other financial banks I utilize, but this has become a big inconvenience. Dont use US Bank. They are horrible and this situation is far from over. I have filed a complaint with the office of banks and regulators and I am seeking reimbursement of fees occurred as a result of the sudden closure without one word of contacting me via phone, email, text or certified mail. This is unacceptable. I just wish this would have been handled in a more professional manner and to date, I still dont know what fraud allegedly occurred. Incredible.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Purchased 2018 Dodge Ram 1500 Truck through US Bank in August 2019. I have contacted their customer service multiple times and have been told in each instance that a request for Title will be submitted and I should receive it in a week to ten days. Almost November and still have not received Title to my truck.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I have not had any trouble until the end of September 2019. I opened a second account and they mailed my ATM card to the wrong address. I finally received the card and had to go out of town, so I thought I took it with me. I could not find it. When I got back home I looked for it and still could not find it. I called and reported it lost or stolen. I do not know if I lost it or not. The man asked me if I wanted to activate it. I repeated that it was lost or stolen. He asked if I wanted it canceled. There is something wrong with that person. It is obvious that I do not want a lost or stolen car activated. It is also obvious that it needed to be canceled. Later I tried to use the temporary card and could not. I called back and talked to someone else. That person said the man canceled the temporary card too. She apologized and said she would have the new card rushed to me with no additional charge.

The next evening I went to a store and used my card for my other account and it would not work. I called and the automated system said my account was closed. I talked to a live person who said my account was still open. She said the card was canceled. I told her everything that happened with the two previous phone calls. She asked if I wanted her to send me a card for the account. I told her yes because I don't know how much cash to get out. I don't know how much I will be spending of course. I need a card for both accounts. That bank needs to retrain these people. I will be looking for a new bank.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I've had an auto loan with US Bank for almost two years now. I've made all of my payments on time. My wife was recently in an auto accident, totaling the car. My insurance company issued a payment of just over $18k. We owed a little over $22k, and through this process I realized that my loan didn't have gap insurance to cover the rest. I assumed that I had gap insurance through the dealership I purchased the car through. I'll take responsibility for that. But now I'm in a position where my only choice with US Bank is to either pay the lump sum (almost $4200), or keep paying the note until it's paid off. I can't afford to purchase another car with this car note still in effect.

I've paid over $7600, and with the $18k that they've been paid, that comes out to over $23k. The original amount financed was about $26k. I contacted US Bank multiple times, trying to see if I can rework the loan to lower the monthly amount, so that I can still afford to buy another car. Because Texas has no US Bank locations, they said that wasn't an option. They suggested I roll the amount owed into another car loan. I'm not going to do that. I tried to speak to a higher up, but no luck. At least 4 people with US Bank repeated this every time I call.

So now I'm stuck paying a car note for a car I no longer own. I don't have a problem paying the outstanding amount. They just won't budge, or even try to. Can't talk to anyone else there to plead my case. I guess I'm not a big enough fish for them to care about. Thanks for absolutely nothing, US Bank. I'll have to stick to one car for my wife and I to share for now.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

From day 1 I have had a horrible experience. On July 2nd I had a $47.74 purchase. They deducted $100. July 10th they charged me an overdraft with 1306.00 in the account. Again on July 12th with 1258.00 in my account. This continues at least 3 more times in the next couple of months. They argued with me when I brought them this issue. The Banker would not listen to me but insisted I was confused from just checking my account balance online... Good try Ma'am, but I keep a ledger so you wont be able to convince me of that.

US Bank Company Information