1.03/5
Are you this business? Claim your page

1474 US Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 22, 2019

This bank is the worse by far. They purposely charge ridiculous fees. After I told them I paid a loan with a different account and they keep giving me fees for 11$ overdraft, 36$ return them, 36$ again 5 times for Netflix refuse to waive racked up 300$ in just in fees. I asked to change to overdraft protection and they closed my account with over 300$ owed in fees for charges - 11$ from Netflix accounts. They wouldn’t even waive the fees. If 11$ wasn’t in the account and my direct deposit goes through the following day why not help me with the fees that are triple the amount... On top of that my payroll check and it’s check went to a closed account...without a letter or knowledge that the account was being closed. I literally still log in as normal. I had to call asking about my check to learn it was returned due to a close account.

Original review: March 21, 2019

US BANK is truly one of the worst banks that I have ever banked with... No matter how I deposit funds in my account... Each time I make a purchase knowing that I have more than enough funds in my account to purchase the items, it never fails. US BANK says that my account sends my account into the "negative" after my purchase has been made. Then when I call to find out how is it that my account is in the negative, they seemed seriously annoyed by my inquiring but yet they can never clearly explain to me what the issue is, they just say that I pending charges.

Meanwhile I incur several fees and my funds are literally eaten up in unnecessary fees. Even a couple of my merchants informed me that when they tried to my purchase through, US BANK held the funds before allowing them to send it through. US Bank in my opinion does NOT exercise best business practices with their customers and that they operate in realm of very questionable and seemingly shady fee applications.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I financed a vehicle through your bank. Made 48 payments, on time. You folks received my electronic payment and within 1 or 2 days you had your money. On March 7th US Bank received a cashier's check from me for the remaining balance ($14,000+). I sent the check, overnight UPSP, and you received it, according to an agent on the 8th of March. Along with the check was a letter asking if the lien release could be sent (faxed) directly to the dealership where I am getting a new vehicle. I called on this and was told it couldn't be done (on the 11th of March). Today I called and was told the release would be mailed Monday 3-19-19.

Totally unacceptable in this day and age: 1. Check was a cashier's check (same as cash). No clearance time. 2. For you to receive my check and take 10 days to process the request is unacceptable. 3. I called today and once again asked if my release could be faxed and I was told no because it was notarized. DUH! Appears to me you stalled to keep my money until the last minute to make money on it. Why in the world does it take so long for such a simple task, or are your systems that antiquated??

Original review: March 12, 2019

US Bank gave me a $13k credit line and a $6k overdraft line for my small business. They suddenly shut down my low interest 14.5% credit line so that all the credit moved to the 21.5% overdraft line. I have never missed a payment. I am current. They act annoyed when I inquire. Basically, pay it off and go away. I will, I promise, I will never come back and tell all the small business organizations of my negative experience with US BANK.

Original review: March 8, 2019

US Bank Acct **. On 11/06/18 I made 2 balance transfer 1 to Capital One for $1300.00 and 1 to First National Bank Omaha for $1150.00. 3 days later I get 4 bal trans confirmation letters from US Bank, 2 for Capital One, 1 for $1300.00 that I authorized and 1 for $1350.00 that I didn't authorize - 2 from First National Bank 1 for $1150.00 that I authorized and 1 for $900.00 that I didn't authorize. I called US Bank and explained that I made 2 balance transfers not 4. They decided this was a fraud issue. I tried to explain to them, "How can this be fraud?" Perhaps this was a computer error. They managed to correct the First National Bank balance transfer.

On 01/08/19 I was checking my Capital One acct balance and I see that US Bank requested Capital One send back the 11/06/18 bal trans of $1300.00. I called US Bank and asked why the $1300.00 was sent back to them? The service rep didn't have a clue but said she would reissue the $1300.00 back to Capital One. That $1300.00 trans appeared on my Capital One acct on 01/08/19. On 02/04/19 my Capital One acct shows me that US Bank requested that they send the $1300.00 back.

Today is 03/08/19 and for the past month I've talked to US Bank about why that $1300.00 still appears on my US Bank acct balance. They claimed they never received the check from Capital One. I have Capital One documents showing that US Bank requested them to send it back. I sent them a Fax on 02/26/19, a Cover Page plus 3 Capital One documents. I spoke to a US Bank representative yesterday and she said they only received the Cover Page. I told them I have Confirmation from the US Bank FAX I used at my local branch that all 4 pages were sent successfully. So on 03/05/19 I Faxed the documents again. On 03/07/19, I called US Bank to see if they received the faxes, they said no. The service reps are clueless of what is going on. Whether these are computer errors or human errors I want US Bank correct this issue. Worst Bank customer service I've ever had. These balance errors are affecting my Credit Bureaus Ratings.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about US Bank?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

The customer service is horrible. I am trying to get out of their clutches. I They have a phone wait times based on the time of the day lasting at least 15 minutes to few hours. So you are screwed if you have to reach to them. Pretty callous attitude from the customer service people. They don't care for their customers. Looking forward to closing the accounts. Multiple bad experiences with this bank.

They make policies in the branch to discriminate based on race. I was told by one of their employee who is a friend that they put a policy to not attest documents to shoo away middle eastern customers. Phone wait times are terrible. They will ask you to fax documentation but their is no confirmation from their end as to if they received the fax. Their turnaround times are days each time you have to find information from them. Wait time on phone can last hours before you get human to speak. So you can pretty much forget about whatever you want to do.

They have a very callous attitude and don't care for their customers. Most horrible customer service and the worst bank ever. After closing a CC, there was a refund. Called to get it refunded into a checking account. The guy got information and said it will be deposited. I am past 7 days from the time I put in a request, but nothing changed so far. To call and speak to someone it takes forever. If you want your sanity, do not deal with this bank.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

US BANK continues to say they never received fax copy of Declaration page for my new insurer. They should have received it on February 11, 2019. So they paid old insurer on February 15, 2019, even tho it wasn't due until March 1, 2019. Was faxed again on February 25, 2019. Now since they paid old insurer prematurely, I will have to wait for old insurer to send me a check for $1300, then I'll have to mail the check to US BANK and note "For escrow only", and pray that there's someone decent enough to apply it to my Escrow account so my homeowner's insurance can be paid. Please stay away from this company, and file claims in small claims court every time you think they're stealing your money, and maybe they won't be so quick to lie and steal! The cost may be worth it! They're the most untrustworthy business I've ever dealt with! Avoid them like the plague! This is not my first run-in with them.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I did a car loan with them, my credit score was around 790s. Never received any of their bills; after 2 months I received a note for delinquency greater than 30 days. Called them upset and made all the payments in advance. After more than 20 calls, very poor service, no one seemed to be interested in really helping out. I found out they had my email wrong too. Talked to a condescending manager who told me it was my mistake even if I hadn't received anything in the mail and nothing could be done. Bottom line, credit score dropped to 690, unfortunately I am looking to buy a house and this will really hurt my rates. Never again doing business with US Bank, looking to refinance as soon as my credit score gets back on track.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I tried to open a business credit card from US Bank. Was a nightmare for me. My fico score was 760 and 11 years of credit history no late payment, recently my business credit card was approved for $18k but it was closed 3 days after due to the investigation department need me to proof 8 documents from me: (see it below). I’m not applying for a home mortgage for some kind of a big personal loan. Just a credit card. I’m banking with US Bank for 3 years with all good standing balance and perfect history, this is what US Bank DUE to me.

Per our phone conversation we will need the following list of documents for your business credit card: drivers license, ssn card, business lease, business license or tax id letter, last 2 months business checking statements with balance sheet and income statement, last 2 years federal tax returns for business, ssa form (attached), 4506-t form (attached).

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Today FEB 20, 2019 I called the collections department of US Bank to make a payment. I told the rep first initial ** that I needed the address to make electronic payments for the future. I told her I wanted to make payments and stay in my home. Due to illness and loss of work hours I have not been making current payments. But I am making them. I find that the majority of the staff that I speak with are courteous although thorough they offer every option to help remedy the outstanding debt and become current with my mortgage.

Occasionally there are reps that are not courteous but curt. There really is no need to insult people that are making payments or however late they may be. There should never be a situation where the client feels so upset that they resort to bad language after being stressed out by supposed rules and requirements. No one is exempt from the state of the economy and yes the governments are even shutting down. This is not an excuse. But speaking to the customers with disdain and complete and utter forced authority is unnecessary.

No one calls their mortgage company to make a payment and be lectured or spoken down to under the guise of doing their job or following rules. The power that is exuded is false and the fear that these people envoke is overwhelming. This type treatment is responsible for putting people who are already sick or weighed down with other problems to be hospitalized or worse. Please US Bank speak to your staff about the care of your customers and the value of our business. Especially when we are fighting to stay afloat.

US Bank Company Information