US Bank

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I sold a house in Texas and planned to buy one in Iowa. I chose US Bank and failed to read the reviews before I made this choice. The application process is the most stressful and accusatory process I have ever gone through. I bought a house before and put zero down and had very little money to my name, and the process was very smooth. This time, I have a little bit of money to use as a down payment.

Apparently the loan processing fees are used to make their employees work their hardest to accuse the potential customer of money laundering or borrowing money to use as a down payment. I have been asked to 'explain' numerous deposits which it was clear where the deposit came from as it was printed on my bank statements. Part of the application is a declaration that you didn't borrow any money to use for the mortgage, and I signed that, but they still assume you're a criminal or liar. I've never been audited by the IRS, but I imagine it feels about the same.

Not a big deal if they started wanting this proof that I'm not a criminal early in the process, but they wait till the week of closing to make an issue. Better get a copy of your insurance binder too, you'll have to send that to US Bank at least 3-4 times during the process (guess it gets lost?). I dealt with Bank of America for over 2 years and it wasn't near as retarded as this process, and Bank of America is a real pain to deal with. Please save yourself from buying a bottle of ** and shop around before deciding to use US Bank for a mortgage.

I had a account with US Bank for over a year, but I got charge so many times a overdraw fees for payments I didn't make. I make a 1 time payment on my Macy's credit card, and was posted and clear. After my payment I didn't see any money to Macy's. They started making payment to my Macy's credit card and return the payment as insufficient funds, payments that I didn't authorize because it doesn't make any sense that I will make payments when I don't owe anything so they make 5 payments and then return them. 1 each day is so stupid, so I got charge a 5 $36 and 10 $25 extended overdraw fee and 5 $34 fees from Macy's because of the return payments. I had to closed my Macy's credit card. I didn't notice those fees because I didn't really use my US Bank account but now my account is close with almost $2000 fees.

In my opinion, this is my WORST banking experience in 55 years. Tried to buy my car at lease end, and their phone staff is friendly, just don't expect them to fulfill their promises. Didn't initially tell me I could BID lower than their 'low' offer, then they were QUICK to cash my check, but slooow to provide my title/BOS. Had to incur extra costs, such as $90 overnight FEDEX label, that was never USED. Contacted my dealership, who said that they received SO many complaints that they have DISCONTINUED using US BANK. I will never consider them again. Worst banking experience EVER.

This bank was the first bank I ever had. I didn't know it was bad until I opened an account at Chase. US bank, at least the one I go to, have very bad staff. They barely speak English, dress unprofessional and look at you like a nuisance! I once opened a small loan, the lady said there'd be no interest only until a month has passed and then I have to make minimum payments plus a little interest.

Ok, so I wait the whole month to repay the entire loan (not the minimum but the full balance), only to find they had charged me interest every single day! Like $5 a day for a whole month! I didn't say anything because I don't like to make a big deal out of things but I did stop going to that banker who gave me the wrong info. There's just something weird about this bank.

US Bank has ruined everything! My husband and I just sold our house and paid off the mortgage, but because of the craziness of buying and selling interstate, I missed the last monthly payment (which was included in the payoff quote) on time, but the mortgage was paid off a few days after the cut-off. Right before closing on the new home (literally days), our new lender informed us that US Bank put a 30 day late on our account and now we cannot secure the loan with a large down payment and will be homeless. All of our belongings are in transit to the new home that we will not be able to purchase because of US Bank.

My husband is a disabled veteran and feels we are being discriminated against because they did not once call him for payment during the sale of the house (Yes, his name was on the mortgage). I am also a former employee of US Bank and will NEVER recommend ANYONE to EVER use their services. They will not work with you on any extenuating circumstances. They just simply don't care about their customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about US Bank?

I currently have a home mortgage that was purchased by US Bank from NOIC or Concorde Mortgage. This was a FHA loan and contained rehabilitation funds within the loan. I am now currently paying on this loan and have been for over a year and I have yet to receive the funds. I completed the project on my own with my own money and they claimed I would get reimbursement once it was complete. I have had the house inspected according to their criteria and still have not received the $27,000 that is owed to me.

They are making a profit off the funds I am paying them and the money that was due to me. I have contacted FHA and my congressperson and none of them have helped. As far as I am concerned they are all thieves. If I stole or scammed someone out of $100 dollars I would be facing jail time or probation. Everyone keep saying I have no recourse at this time. This system is entirely messed up and I hope they all get what they deserve. Avoid FHA loans and this institution as well as Concorde Mortgage.

I opened an account in 2004. They closed the account out in 2009 and allowed the account to accumulate fees. Now the account has been sold to multiple brokers. I contacted their customer service department and provided my social and the representative told me that I didn't owe US Bank. I only needed to pay a 36 dollar fee. Prior to that they sent me out a letter to take in case I was to appear in court. Turns out the information I was told was incorrect and now I being told it was a mistake. They're sorry but it's nothing they can do and also they just started recording their calls as of last week. Anytime prior to this they only recorded up to 10% so trying to cover your back won't help because they lied about calls being recorded.

US Bank Mortgage only offer one courtesy late payment waiver for the LIFE of the 30 year + LOAN...(even when they raise your monthly payments, the smallest amount for adjustments to the escrow account and even though you consistently pay on time through Autopay for a decade or more but simply forgot to change your Autopay the added amount). Only one minor mistake allowed in 30 years. They are simply not reasonable or have any respect for their customers. Be forewarned. Stay away if you can.

I opened an account with US Bank after having to switch my account with them. While I heard horror stories I never thought they would be as bad as people say. Upon opening my account I deposited a check in the bank and the money didn't transfer properly. They assessed me a 36.00 fee. My account was negative 1.88 cents. They didn't take money from my savings to compensate the negative. They charged me 2 36.00 dollar fees. When I asked why was I charged they advised me because the account was negative. When I asked why didn't they take it from my savings they advised I didn't have that option set up. I went into a branch, showed the branch manager I had that service setup and was advised there was nothing they could do to waive the fees.

I became proactive after that charge so I took screenshots of my online banking transactions and transfers, deposits, withdrawals etc... I started to notice debits being cleared 5-7 business days later, dates of my transactions changed from the original date and when I asked why does it take 5-7 days for a debit to clear I was advised it depends on the merchants system. When asked how long credits cleared I was advised they take 3-5 business days. Then I notice my deposits would take days to clear, creating a negative balance in my account on purpose so that when the check or payment cleared I would have a negative balance owed. With money in my account I received a fee's. Then I noticed I was being charged an account fee of around 8 dollars which they were waiving but was advised they couldn't waive any other fees.

When asked why was I assessed the fee when I had money in my account I was advised there was no money in there at that time. Again upon going into the branch to speak with a branch manager, I was advised he was, as I sat and watched him sit at his desk in front of his computer through the clear glass, I asked doesn't the customer come first. I was told he was busy that he would call me regarding my account. After not receiving a call, after 5 days later I received a voicemail from the branch manager. After playing phone tag with the manager for a couple of days. I called US Bank and spoke with a customer service rep. whom advised me that they couldn't waive any fees. She acknowledged that something wasn't right and I advised that I could send the screen prints to her.

After I got off the phone with her I noticed my account dates had changed again. Some of the payments reflected the dates I provided her over the phone and when I tried to take a screen print of my account it said merchant meaning US Bank does not allow those actions. So they blocked me from taking screen prints on my phone, so I took a picture with another phone of the message that displayed on the US Bank transaction screen saying I was blocked. When I finally spoke to the manager I was advised that this seems like something I keep doing to my account. He didn't ask me to come in the branch. He didn't want to see the screen prints and he advised me the amount owed was the amount I owed. I advised him that they need to really check the banking laws because they are doing something very illegal.

I have never known a bank to just charge people fees just because, change people transactions on their account. I have never known debits to clear in 5-7 business days because of a merchant system and I have never known for a bank to block you from taking screenshots of your account history. While it's sad, I don't see US Bank in business long because something definitely seems fishy about their company. It's just sad. I should have known not to ever mess with this bank. When I went to open my account a customer advise me while walking in not to bank with US Bank and I thought she was just being negative. Turns out she was right, they are by far one of the worst banks ever.

I needed to make a purchase (furniture), because of my wife's medical condition. My bank card was declined. I had to use a credit card and I did not want to add to my debt but was forced to. I had more than enough funds in my account to cover this purchase. I called the bank and was told I had a limit on what I could spend from my account. They said they were protecting me. Someone from US BANK is making decisions for me and I was told they did that to every banking customer. I control what I use my funds for and how much, not some bank. You don't want to use this bank, you will regret it if you do.

US Bank has no regards to their long term bankers, not to mention that they lack the appropriate customer service skills when addressing any problems, especially the ones that occur on their end. They do not go out of their way to assist you with your inquiries and when they make error, they basically tell you there's nothing they can do. For example, my husband and I have been a customer of US Bank for years. They have never come through for us when we've needed them to despite the fact that they have full access to our accounts and clearly see that we have always been in great standing. Despite all of the issues we have had with both US Bank and their staff over time, the most recent problem that my husband and I have encountered will result in our taking our money and investments elsewhere.

My husband went to the local branch in our area yesterday (one that we go to on a regular) to withdraw 500.00 out of the ATM. When making the transaction, the ATM said complete, however it failed to dispense the money. He then called to check his balance to confirm if this was just a simple error. The available balance reflected that the 500.00 had been subtracted from his account. He immediately went inside to advise the teller that he withdrew 500.00 from the ATM and it did not give him his money. Her direct response was "Why did you use the ATM when the lobby was open?" My husband then reminded her that he has the right to use the ATM regardless if the lobby was open or not. Her next response that There was nothing they could do for him and that he will need to call the 800 number listed on the back of his card.

She then told him to check his balance the following morning as it may correct the error when the system reboots overnight. He went ahead and withdrew an additional 500.00 to compensate for the money that he didn't receive from the ATM. When calling to check his balance the next morning, it was not corrected and still reflected the incorrect available balance. When he followed up with the 800 # (which the wait time was ridiculous) he was told that it would take 7-10 business days to receive. This, to me is absurd. My husband and I work very hard for our money and should have access to it when needed. It certainly did not take 7-10 days for them to make the error, yet our funds are placed on hold until they fix the problem that they caused.

As loyal, long term customers, we, nor anyone else, should be restricted of what's rightfully theirs, especially for a mistake that was made on the bank's behalf. This situation has shown me clearly that my husband and I are trusting the wrong company with our money and investments. As a result of this situation, along with various other along the way, we will be closing our accounts and dealings with US Bank.

I applied for an Auto refinance loan exactly one month ago VIA online submission. The tracking on the application was great, but after 3 weeks on being stuck on the "credit check verification pending" stage I decided to give them a call. The first call sent me straight to VM. After the second call a gentleman on the phone answered and notified me that the application had been denied, did not explain the reasons nor why hadn't I been contacted regarding the status of my application. Had I not called, they would have never contacted.

So I am sharing an old past experience and here's what happened. Back in 2008 my gym wrongfully charged my account because I canceled auto pay and was charged two months after the change. The gym admitted it was in error and corrected the transaction. This caused me to be $0.38 negative for 15 days but was in error and I was not at fault. After a couple weeks I go to deposit a paycheck and find out that I owed 375.00. There can't be any other bank that is this savage with late fees. If your banking is impeccable you might say "oh what a great bank" like you would anywhere else, but if you are like me and have the slightest mishaps occasionally this bank will take advantage of you. They will seek as much damage on you as legally possible. Be warned folks, they're not worth the risk.

Home mortgage, loans & refinancing -- I am very disappointing with the way US BANK is treating their long-term customers. They only care about people with perfect credit. If you are struggling trying to make ends meet,you are "zero." Our mortgage interest rate is 5.8%. We still can't lower our interest rate. Bank of America is 2nd worst bank too. Even when our equity is high.

I move to the United States 7 years ago and opened an account with them on because my wife has one there. 7 years later I can see the mistake I made, to trust this bank to take care of my finances. When I opened the account I told the manager that I do not want to be able to have overdraft or be in the red. He assured me that it was taken care of and if there were any payments and not sufficient funds the money wouldn't be able to leave the account. Coming from a country where checks have been absolute since 1990's, I've been thought about the above statement being a lie. It appears that checks still can be written off of your account and when it gets bounced they charge you a lovely $36 overdraft fee.

On top of that, some of my auto payments have been moved a couple of days earlier and caused me to hit overdraft again. US Bank there is a reason I put auto payments on certain days! Not so you can screw me over and steal my hard earned money because you guys are thieves! We went to US Bank as well to get our mortgage for our new home. Another mistake I made! I was promised that it would come on time from underwriting and on the day of closing we got told that it might take another week or two before we would hear something. We had canceled our lease with the apartment we were living in and had to live in a hotel for a week. Unnecessary expenses created by US Bank who love to have your money.. I am going to do some careful investigation what bank is still trustworthy. US Bank will lose me as a customer in the near future!

I was told the following when I applied for the loan - it would be finished in 45-60 days, because it was new construction there would need to be a full appraisal, that if the appraiser was one that I was not ok using that I could refuse that appraiser and they would go to the next one in the pool, the loan would fund 3 days after closing, and that I could designate what balances were paid off with the funds. The mortgage center was sloppy and clearly I had been lied to through the whole process. I supplied all requested documents almost immediately and then couldn't get any communication from them for about a month until they sent me incorrect documents and I got the local bankers involved. They did a drive by appraisal so it didn't include the house in the value, and that messed up the numbers, which they refused to fix during the rest of the process until the very end.

They assigned an appraiser and then told me that I could not refuse the appraiser but that there would be an appeal process if I felt that there were problems with the appraisal. However, they refused to send me a copy of the appraisal until after the closing was already scheduled and it was sent on the weekend with closing at 8:30 Monday morning. I still have not received the appeal process information from them. As we neared the end, they started asking for documents that they had been in possession of for at least a month and I kept referring them to the email containing her documents. They complained that I needed to send them in a different format because they work in a paperless office so they wanted me to do the work for them. I referred them to their IT support at that point.

The loan funding did not come available to me until a full calendar week after closing (no holidays) and the items that they showed had been paid off were not paid off. The receiving banks told me that they had no records of any initiated electronic payments as of a full week after we signed the documents, however US Bank shows them as disbursed funds and I'm sure they are charging me interest on them. We were told at closing that we did not get a signed copy of the documents. I requested the signed copy documents but have not received them and was told it could take up to 4 weeks from closing.

The bank sent checks for other bank payoffs to me after closing without ever discussing with me that they expected me to provide the mail or courier services to process their checks with those banks. When I attempted to do so, I was told that the bank thought it was a fraudulent check and I had to go through their fraud process. US Bank won't address my questions or provide me with the appropriate contact person in their organization to address the issue with. I couldn't ever recommend US Bank to anyone that I like. They were incompetent at best, and dishonest at worst.

Recently they have been trying to charge me with $30 late fee despite I pay in on time and all the time they bring up the Easter/Central time problems. I never had this problem before, they are just trying to rip the money off people. How come they can post the late fee before processing my on time payment. Customer service person was very rude to me and he said it takes a day to get the payment posted, are you kidding me!! You can post the late fee in the middle of night but can't process my payment and wait for charge me money. I am changing my bank and will never do business with US Bank.

I submitted an insurance claim check to get a signature. I was told 3-5 business days. 2+ months later, I am still going around and around with these bozos to get a stupid signature. Worst customer service experience I have ever had.

I setup 'Pay a Person' to send my landlord the rent and she uses it to send me money to pay for repairs. I send her an instant payment; she gets the payment and it is deposited to her account, at a different bank, within minutes. She sends me money for a plumber this weekend-Sunday, and here it is Tuesday and I still don't have the payment, or anything in my account to suggest it is pending. It was sent from an instant payment system. And US Bank has an instant system but they hold the funds. This has also happened with payments made to me from wire transfer-over three days.

I also spoke to a bank teller a few months ago and she was so arrogant to me; I was taken back at first and just let it slide as immaturity on her part. Then I decided she needed to be told by her superior that it is not appropriate to speak to people that way. Her manager also spoke to me that way and sat in the chair as if he was at a party with his friends talking about women. I am a hippy looking person, and even I am saying, he was not appropriate in dress or attitude. I have had encounters at this branch that are very disconcerting. So I usually go to another branch where they are nice. However, I feel the branches are not effective. They seem to have no real power, and their words are reflective of memorized speech.

I am not a happy customer and yes, I will be moving my accounts. Which are a business and a personal account. I am rebuilding my life after the crash of 2008 so I am not cash rich and I do feel all banks are thieves; however, I am finding US Bank to be malicious with their technology and online practices. I am a very technical individual both professionally and personally and I feel that they are yes, stealing people's money for a period of time and do not practice accountability. When I heard they were voted most ethical - I realized ethical is a word that is misused by marketing and promoters. They are far from ethical and they need to be investigated for their practices regarding holding funds and online manipulation of data, which I believe is for their own benefit.

This is my professional and personal opinion. And I do intend to make sure that this happens. I have really had enough of this. When you are struggling and need the bank to work with you, you realize that they are your enemy and not a partner with you. By the way both the teller and the manager were 1/3 of my age and behaved so arrogantly that I just stood there with my mouth dropped with disbelief. I make all of my deposits and transactions at another branch if at all possible because I dislike the branch that much. Very unhappy!

This is my first experience with US Bank and my last. I applied for a credit card through REI to book a trip because of the 5% reward offered on this card. After I finished the application online they told me they would send a letter of approval within 7-10 days. WHAT! My credit score is between 840-878 depending on which site you pull credit from. I called US Bank to see if I could have the process expedited so I could purchase trip with the 5% off. No they are going to manually approve my application. I could maybe understand this process 10 yrs ago but today that's ridiculous.

I will never lease a vehicle or do any type of business with US Bank again. They are extremely unorganized and do not keep records or previous calls or transactions. My experience started when they charged me for a month after my lease had termed, granted the car was turned into a dealer 15 days before the lease had ended. Still, I get charged. Now they are stating that the vehicle was turned in 20 days later than the actual turn in date. Basically trying to grant a reason to keep the extra payment. They refuse to work with the dealership and cannot get this resolved after months of back and forth with me. Now they are requiring me to prove when the car was turned in.

On top of that I get sent a bill for excess wear and tear which is sketchy to begin with. And then the bill coincidentally is $2 different than my extra December payment that was taken. I call up to refute the bill and they advise me that the bill isn't final. So I get another one 3 weeks later that is $50 higher than the original. Now I'm really upset. After numerous calls, I receive another bill that has $40 removed. I call today to just wipe out the balance and they refuse to believe that I turned in the car so they expect another $420 from me. I ask to speak to a manager and was advised that none would be available for 24-48 hours. What a joke of a company. I will never do business with them again under any circumstances.

US Bank, was assigned my "loan" by the most disgusting Nationstar, a servicer, by removing any traces of my first assignment for trust/trustee and completely wipe them out of my chain of title and placed three back-dated assignments in its place. Now they, as trustee, are named as plaintiff in my illegal foreclosure action!! The US Bank wrote me a letter stating that "as trustee we have nothing to do with the foreclosure process". THEN WHY ARE YOU STILL NAMED AS PLAINTIFF??? Some of these banks will stoop to any level to steal your home, in my case, however, they chose the wrong person to try and steal something that no one has a beneficial right to and I intend to prove it in court with a massive amount of evidence of fraud, misrepresentation, slander of title, mail fraud, RICO violations and many others. They are going to pay for screwing around with my title!!

I won't even give them one star, this has been the worst experience. I have spoke with 6 or 7 people in this department (US Bank Retirement department) and have gotten 6 or 7 answers. There is no accountability for anything. It's just, "I'm sorry you feel that way." I have been trying for almost 4 weeks to get my 401k out of US Bank.

The due date for my credit card payment was March 1, 2017, so I made my payment when I came home from work around 9:30 PM. Next day (today) I received an e-mail from US Bank stating that I have a late payment fee of 36.00 Dollars. I called customer service to clarify this late fee, and the answer was that I made the payment after the cut off time 6:58 PM and they would not remove this fee because I was late. The customer service rep. was rude and not helpful at all. Due date to me means any time until the end of the day 11:59 PM. This is a rip off, I would never recommend this bank to anyone.

I have had my accounts with US Bank for the last 17 years (my local bank was taken over by them and since I was already there, I stayed). Only within the last couple of years did I decide to take up a CC with US Bank, I figured it would come in handy for use with certain things like car repairs or items of immediate need and other like needs of that nature.

I make the payments every month on time on the due date, through my online access. However US Bank's software is the most ignorant and ill designed mess ever, as it posts any payment after 6PM or on Saturday or Sunday on the next business day. This is inconvenient as you can imagine. Hey US Bank, the internet is 24/7/365. My life is not on your schedule, when I make a payment on my CC account then you had better damn well accept it at the time of payment! Every other CC account that I have had accepts my payment up until midnight of the due date, and doesn't ding me with a late fee!

You take my money then ding me with a late fee even though I have done my part and made my payment on the due date before 6PM cut off time. If the due date is on a Sunday, then don't ding me with late fees for it processing/posting on Monday, same for Saturdays not posting until Monday. YOU ACT AS THOUGH YOU DON'T WANT MY MONEY, AND THEN YOU CHARGE ME FOR GIVING IT TO YOU WHEN YOU WANT IT!!!

These late fees have accrued to my account over the last two months and caused my minimum payment to climb. This is outright theft as I am doing my part, but US Bank can't get their act together and get a database/software that recognizes that their users and customers live in a 21st Century world and that means 24/7/365 access and service with no penalties! I can't be the only customer that this happens to and I would like to see them punished with another class action lawsuit for improperly delaying service and reaping undue benefits. This is no different from their improper charging of overdrafts, which they got dinged for as well. Funny that I just saw a standee in their lobby that espoused them as being "voted the most ethical bank of 2016" HAHAHA! Where did they get that from, and who voted, their BoD?

I have had my US Bank card for over two years. I made all payments and then some on time, never never late. I recently tried to pay it down so I could use it for a larger purchase. When I checked my balance it was $1000 less than it should have been. I called the company. They said that their system had done a review and had lowered my credit limit by $1000, therefore the large payment that I had made was no longer available to me. When I explained that I would not have paid that large of the payment if I would've known this they said they would refund it to me.

After a week of no activity in my account showing that this was being done I called. They said it had been rejected due to the fact that they lowered my limit they could no longer refund me because then it would be over my limit. Had their system not lowered my limit in the first place I would've never been even close to my limit. This company is a rip off and a fraud and I am closing my account and want nothing to do with them.

First... I would like to say that I am VERY good with money. I understand finance, investing and business concepts extremely well and have always been able to take a little and grow it. I am extremely frugal and track my finances every day and spend a good 4-5 hours a week on my finances. Now... Stay away from this bank. You cannot budget or track expenses with them. It can take up to a week and a half for expenses, deposits and transactions to go through and it's NOT consistent even when the expenses or deposits are routine and are coming from the same companies in your banking profile.

I have automatic deposits set up for an external savings account that are supposed to post every Thursday. Unfortunately, sometimes they go through 4 days later and sometimes over a week later. Nothing is consistent so you cannot track your finances. I started out by making a note that these particular transactions post every 5 days, but that's not always the case.

UNREADABLE BANK STATEMENTS. Their bank statements are unreadable. Sometimes someone will think that I'm crazy so I show them an online statement and they can't make sense of it. We'll comb through it together and we can never come to a conclusion about anything other than this bank sucks. It makes it impossible to sit down and have a discussion with a banker from U.S. Bank, because you get the feeling that they can't even decipher the statements and they start sounding like they are just pulling info out of their **.

AS THE CUSTOMER YOU ARE ALWAYS WRONG. They are extremely arrogant. You are always in the wrong as the customer when talking to them. Ex: I opened my account when I was about 19 and before they were doing online banking of any kind. I happened to overdraft my account by a few dollars that Christmas; which was totally my fault I take responsibility for that. However... Over the course of Christmas they charged me $36 per day for 3 days in overdraft fees. I could not make any deposits, because they were closed the entire time for the holidays and remember there was no online banking for them yet.

I went in once they were opened thinking they would meet me halfway, because it was impossible to take care of my account since they were closed during this time. They wouldn't budge and I asked if they could reduce the fee any. I'll never forget - the amount was about $100 and $0.25. They told me they could "give me my quarter back". That is absolutely asinine. So they did have the ability to work with me, but wouldn't! I should have dropped them right then and there, because it's been a headache ever since.

TERRIBLE APPLICATIONS. Their online banking is insecure. I've been able to login to my account numerous times purposely using a slightly different password to test their security. In specific, not capitalizing certain alphabetical characters to see what would happen and they STILL let me in. Their rotating security questions are useless, because they ask you the same one every time, despite the fact they ask you to choose several when you first sign up.

Half the time their website breaks where content won't display or just won't load and it looks like it's from the mid 2000s. That's actually pretty accurate, because I've never seen the website get a facelift or be improved. Their app is far from being in real time or timely at all and is pointless and many times it's been so buggy that it will just close. Speaking of which...

I'M CLOSING MY ACCOUNT TODAY. I was recently over-drafted. I talked to a representative today over the phone about piling overdraft fees. The day my account was over-drafted I immediately transferred money over from my Chase account to take care of the problem. Unfortunately I have not been able to get to a U.S. branch (and good luck finding one outside of a major city), because I've been working non-stop. I understand that this is my problem and no one elses. However, it's taken almost a week for the transfer to go through. It's impossible to be responsible with this company, because they're a mess.

I talked to a representative over the phone and asked her how it was possible that every time I tried to use my debit card it was declined, day-after-day, but they allowed for one $7 transaction to go through during all of this. When this went through I naturally thought that my payment had posted to cover the over-draft. Not true and even when my card was being declined (as it should) they allowed a transaction to go through. And according to my bank statement, they didn't charge me $36 per day, day-by-day, but dropped them all on me on one, single day. She actually said "we did you a favor". What arrogance and what does that even mean?

So I said... "well can you at least work with me here like other banks do and take away at least 1 of the fees" and she said "no" and I said "well I guess I will be closing my account then." And then there was this long pause and I said "wait, you're actually going to lose a customer over this?". I asked her "why do you even have online banking if the essential functions don't even work?" and told her that "Chase gives new customers $200 just for opening an account and you guys can't even work with me on this".

And that's it! Poor technology. Terrible security. Complicated statements designed to confuse you so they can sneak money from your account. And that's honestly what they do (it's happened to me at least 10 times now). And when you talk to them you can tell that they are burned out and don't care. You know how nasty the people at the BMV are? That's exactly what this is like.

To date they have stolen probably around $300 from me, because of their errors and they never budge. It is seriously a bank that should be investigated and prosecuted and it's amazing that they are still around, because I bet you they lose several thousand customers a day... and I'm one of them. Read the review folks! 1 star from so many people! And you'll hear stories from many intelligent people talking about how they've had money essentially stolen from them. This a common theme. I was stupid to have not switched banks longer ago. So don't do this to yourself!!!

US Bank is by far the WORST bank I have ever dealt with. I set up an automatic payment with Comcast to withdrawal from my US Bank card. Woke up to my service disconnected. Made a manual payment for Comcast online – figuring the ACH failed. Hours later service is still disconnected. Called Comcast and they said the payments were BOTH made but were pending. Went onto my app and it showed US Bank was holding those funds for 10 days. 10! A total of $320. US Bank said they can't do anything and I have to wait for the hold to expire... in 10 days. So all of my money is gone. My grocery money for the month and the money I was saving to go out with my boyfriend for Valentine's Day. Also my cable and internet will remain disconnected until those payments clear in 10 days.

US Bank has put me in a super embarrassing situation. I also know when they reverse those payments they will have a hold on them until they are credited back to me. So I'm literally broke until I get paid again in 10 days and I won't see those particular funds for another 15 days or longer! I am breaking up with US Bank as soon as I can and going to Chase. This is ridiculous!

I had a bad experience where I had to wait six weeks to get a check from a company I was working for. When I finally received it and have them sign it over to me US bank told me that they would not accept it even though it was signed over to me. I checked to see if other banks would accept it if it was signed over and they said that they would but US Bank said that they would not. They just didn't do that and I thought that was not very professional. They even told me that there were no managers available as their manager was sick and could not be reached. If you have a business especially a construction business I would definitely advise you not to use US Bank ever.

People be aware!!! When asking for a loan, make sure they don't include your taxes, and insurance or else you will be paying $443.82 at the end. They don't make aware of this fees. I told the mortgage loaner not to included and still did so he knew I have to pay this fee. This is so corrupt. People just be aware of US Bank.

US Bank Company Profile