1.15/5
Based on 124 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

1352 US Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 13, 2018

I had US Bank since I was 15. When I was 18 I got To have my own bank account. I’m now 24 and I have to say I should of left US Bank a long time again... since I’ve been with I had Fraudulent activity in my credit card and my debit card. Every time they sent me a new it had the same number it. I would go in to ask if I can a new card. This fraud took place... which makes no sense... and then you have to wait until 5am on a Business day For your pending transactions to be cleared. You never really know how much you have in your checking account because of it... and customer service always gives you wrong dates and number if you need an extension date to pay anything like a loan or credit card off so you end up paying more than what they tell you. I’m so over this bank... this bank stresses me out!!! I will be banking with CHASE in a stress free environment.

Original review: July 12, 2018

On 7/2/18 I received letter in my mailbox from US Bank stating my checking and savings accounts were closing 7/2/18. Thinking this had to be a mistake. I've never bounced a check. Been with US Bank since the beginning. I used to be with First Bank then it became US Bank. I went to Oakdale branch. They took forever to tell me it was closing that day and my savings account already closed. I had two electronic deposits two days prior. Had 13 transactions that were pending. Left bank with 3500.00 and change. I called US account closed dept. All they said was they have the right to end relationship.

Received a check in the mail for savings account. I also had a US Bank investment portfolio which I have since closed. I have received no info from bank regarding these pending transactions. I did receive a phone call from two places that I have satisfied. I've had a mess trying to change direct deposits and bills that are withdrawn automatically each month. I cancelled my cancer scan and lab appointments for July due to auto withdrawal for my United Health care premium, they could not cancel EFT in time. I want to know how to get this mess figured out.

I take pride in my credit score, pay my bills on time, I never knew this was going to happen, I would of made a change in banks. I don't need all the added stress this is causing. I know this has to be a screw up by US Bank. Why am I not receiving any notices about items being returned, I didn't keep track of all of the places I used debit card days prior to this, always had plenty of money in account to cover my purchases.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 10, 2018

I used a US Bank ATM on a Friday. I withdrew $400. I was in a large truck. I couldn’t reach the money. I tried a couple times. I released my seatbelt and still couldn’t reach. I could see it. I am in a risky area. I was afraid to pull forward and risk the car behind me getting the money. Eventually I did pull forward. It was far enough, so when I opened my door it hit the machine. The money was gone. It was sucked back in. By this time I pulled up further. I got out of the truck to look to be sure. It was gone. I went in to get help. They couldn’t help. I had to wait to see if the machine corrected it in the morning. It did not. I filed a dispute claim. They told me they don’t service that machine. I would have to wait until it was reconciled on Tuesday.

On Tuesday, no money. I called and got nowhere. The representative literally said, "We can’t just give you back your money.” Unbelievable! I went to the branch. The manager told me that they should have it resolved in 10 to 45 days. If it was researched and found correct, they could put a provisional $400 in my account hopefully within 10 days. Once it has gone through the process which could take up to 45, it would be corrected. I will have to WAIT for “their process” to complete before I get the $400 back. So basically US Bank stole my $400 until whenever??? Where can I get help? I can’t wait that long? Ugh.

Original review: July 8, 2018

We had water damage in our home early March 2018. Our home insurance company (MetLife) has been working hard to assist in the repair of our home. Per acclaimed regulation, claim checks above $20000.00 must include the name of the mortgage bank which is US bank. The processing of our checks and release of funds to our contractor have been treacherously handled by the property loss claim division of US bank. The attitude of the first level contacts is below industry standard and terribly deficient.

They are inadequately trained to handle questions. Instead, they engage customers in frustrating redundant and time-wasting questioning. Even the so-called specialists seem to engage in similar frustrating and embarrassing arrogance. In particular, a young woman by name Erica demonstrates zero skills in interpersonal communication. She was inconsistent, arrogant and falsely claimed that she has no supervisor. I asked for her manager, she claims to have no manager.

Issues: US bank demands cumbersome document be filled and submitted by both the insured (us) and the contractors that work on restoration and repairs. The forms are confusing and grossly deficient. They also require the adjuster's statement of work, signed contracts between the contractor and the insured. Also, the checks issued by MetLife to be mailed to Springfield Ohio. The horrible process is managed through a website www.insuranceclaimcheck.com which is not transparent to the US bank employees handling questions and resolutions.

2. Calling customer hotline is painful, frustrating, confusing and extremely time-consuming. And the US bank employees at the desk take additional pride in irritating and smashing customers. 3. Mailing checks to contractors can take weeks if not months. 4. Money not readily available to pay a deposit to contractors. 5. The US Bank employees at this site lack the ability to understand the tragedy of having a home damage. They have no respect for elderly and old people.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I am in trust to US Bank. They advised my father or maybe referred him someone to write the trust agreement. It was so poorly written that when he died half his assets which should have been in the trust weren't. I have a mental problem. Then on the advice of a unintelligent relative they sent a social worker to my door unrequested by me who told me I was not being charged for their services. Naive me I believed it as I saw no charges in my account. This stupid well meaning relative had convinced my mother who was senile to pay for their services without my knowledge. When I found this out I dropped them.

The bank in a letter which I have advised me not to do so and that this social service, Stowell Associates of Milwaukee, was honest. US Bank uses this social service for others like me. After a 5 year period this cost me $150,000 and the bank has not reimbursed me for any of this. Now we are talking smaller amounts but still... when you close a revocable trust account which I have done the bank charges you $1000 for doing nothing. Banks have been charging amounts like $25 to close your checking accounts. There was a bill in Congress to stop this I believe mostly just per these small charges.

A man who managed my account and has since left US Bank on his website said the bank he worked for which was USB did a lot of self dealing. A professional investment advisor told me he would never use any bank as a trustee. But at least don't ever use US Bank as one. I haven't covered everything they did wrong. I have asked them to resign because of their incompetence but of course they refuse to do so.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about US Bank?

Original review: July 2, 2018

I am a Realtor representing a couple who chose to use US Bank as their mortgage lender since they already had a banking relationship for their personal and business accounts. From the beginning, Jennifer ** was unresponsive, extremely hard to understand due to her heavy accent (people in her position, frontline to the customer, should really be fluent or be able to communicate effectively), and often blamed others for her delays. Then, once out of her hands and into the closing department's hand, that department never communicated delays, never answered calls, and never gave my client any follow up to ensure that their interest in this loan's closing was overseen.

This morning, my clients went into their scheduled signing, set up moving arrangements per the bank's timeline, only to find out loan docs were never sent and issues they had were never addressed until the escrow officer followed up. When I called Jennifer ** to follow up, she said: the closer is on vacation and didn't assign the file, the escrow company increased fees therefore we can't close on time, and it may not be until tomorrow that loan docs are sent.

While just asking her to push for a rush on this file, she simply hung up the phone on my face, for the THIRD time since we've "worked" together on this sale. To add insult to injury, I tried calling US Bank's corporate office only to be shut down and told I cannot speak to anybody handling this particular file, even if it meant my client had questions. Unbelievable, unconscionable, and extremely unprofessional. I will never refer or ask that any client of mine use US Bank for any of their banking or borrowing needs. This was the worst experience and I can't even comment for my client.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I have an account at US Bank & the woman that assisted me had a terrible attitude then refused to do a wire for me. I asked for her boss & after the 2 of them had a pow/wow for 15 minutes the VICE PRESIDENT then refused to send the wire. He knew the woman was out of line... But was obviously keeping her out of trouble. This affected my business because they held me up so that I couldn't get the wire that day. This IS NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Original review: June 28, 2018

I just want to say that this is the worst bank that I have ever come across. Recently I was sent an email offer promotion for a new credit card, and I completed the application and received the card. Few days later the benefits promised did not seem to be working so I called up the bank. The management was extremely rude and had 0 customer service. They replied: "You were not approved for the offer", reason being: "because you were not approved for the offer". This was the most hilarious and time wasting conversation I had ever had with any service provider, since they had no valid reason to justify all of a sudden why they are not offering the promotion. I sent them the email I received, and they told me that they do not look at emails. I mean, how hilarious can it get? Extremely dissatisfied and will not ever take my business to this bank.

Original review: June 25, 2018

In an effort to keep this as short as possible we will only highlight the issues we had. We owned our home for 30 years and had approx. a $200K second mortgage with US Bank. For 15 years we paid on this loan and never missed a payment. The loan was maturing in June 2017. Our intention was to refi the loan early 2017. Due to unforeseen job issues after over 30 years at the same company the job disappeared in December 2016. We obtained other employment working for ourselves. This caused us to not qualify for a refi because of the loss of W2 income and now being self employed. When talking to US Bank about this loan, they told us we can either pay off the $200K or go to loss mitigation. Since we didn't have $200K laying around we went to loss mitigation.

After 9 months of dealing with US Bank, 2 applications and 9 lousy so-called account managers later, we were ultimately denied any modification program. This blew our mind since we have approx. 70% equity in our home. US Bank all by themselves destroyed our credit. We had no other debt other than a small college loan and a small truck loan. Absolutely NO credit card debt at all! Since they wrecked our credit unnecessarily we unable to even try to find other financing. Fortunately for us we were able to pay off US Bank and rid ourselves of the cancer that they are.

After 60 years on this earth, this by far was the absolute worst experience we had ever had with a bank in our Country. Maybe it's time for this Country to step up and start taking care of their own - FIRST! We closed any accounts we had associated with US Bank and will NEVER use them or recommend them again. Good luck to any of you in a loss mitigation situation. What was designed to HELP people in need like us was NOT there when we needed it to be. If not for all our years of savings, US Bank would own our home today. Shame on them! They are nothing more than common thieves!

Original review: June 23, 2018

I called US Bank this morning because a closed account is still showing when I pull up my on-line banking. I waited 28 minutes to get a customer service rep to answer my call and then she put me on hold for another 20 minutes. Seriously, their mistake by not removing a closed account and then I spend almost an hour on my Saturday to try to resolve. I have been a customer of US Bank for 12 years and I can tell you my experiences with this bank get worse and worse as time goes on. I used to be very pleased with their customer service but recently every interaction I have with them is a negative one.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I have had two IRA accounts with US bank for several years. I have never been charged a fee for the Bank's services in maintaining my IRAs. I was never told that anything like that existed. This year I withdrew the larger of the two accounts leaving one of approx. 7.000 dollars with US bank. I have received a letter requesting 30 dollars for the fee. This is more than the interest I will accrue for the IRA. I am in effect paying them to hold my retirement account. I am unable to withdraw the Money as I have already rolled the previous account. And must wait a year to withdraw the money. If I had been informed when I made the deposits I would never had left the smaller amount. How can they, in good faith, accept an Account that loses the customer part of the principal without telling them. I will NEVER trust this bank for any of my or my families accounts in future.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I had banked with every banking institution except this one in the past. I added my name to my elderly father's account to manage his affairs when his health started to decline. After my father died, there was an issue with his pension funds where they pulled funds out of his account without notification, although there were no funds there. Long story short, US Bank charged me 3 fees for the money that was pulled. Then they charged a fee for being in the negative. I called and asked they waive the fees and explained my father died - NO! Not even a 'sorry your father died', just 'no, they are valid fees'. I've never had such poor customer service. Since then, they have added some other weird fees to the tune of $275. I'm paying them to avoid a bad mark on MY record, but what a horrible, horrible banking institution to handle someone's death like this.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I deposited a check from Pentagon Federal Credit Union in the amount of $10,000.00 that was proceeds from a loan, into my account at US Bank. I knew it might be held to verify the amount for a day or two. I checked my account balance and saw the funds were deposited then subtracted from my account. I called to find out when I would get the funds posted to my account. They replied SEVEN TO TEN DAYS!!! I asked why such a long wait since THEY got the benefit of using my funds well before I could and the reply was it was policy. I told the guy that Pentagon Federal Credit Union is much bigger than US Bank customer wise and even when I deposit my US Bank check, it only takes TWO days. The guy claimed they have to verify funds. REALLY?? 7-10 DAYS to verify funds??? They can't check it out with the Federal Reserve Bank electronically or an old fashion CALL to Penfed??

This seems very suspicious to me as if they want to use the money as they see fit in lending to others, etc. I was expecting a delay in posting for my local branch sort of interrogates you when you walk in with cash of $500 more from playing video games - the only thing that missing is the bright light shining in my face. They want to know where you got it, what is your job, etc. If I come with a check they don't ask, not even for one the size I deposited for the $10K - they just hold it and screw you over. With all the fees they charge you for every little thing and then hold your funds 7-10 days, is clearly a screw over to their customers. That money was to pay contractors for work done. I will now have max my credit cards out to pay the contractors and wait. Thanks a lot US Bank for the royal screw over! I won't forget you...

Original review: June 7, 2018

I've been banking with US Bank for over 5 years. I sought to waive off 3 overdraft returned fees that happened in one day, that's a total of $108 in just a day. I understand it's legitimate fees but I'm hoping for some grace since I've been a loyal customer. I was so diligent in begging to get it waive off, called twice on customer service. I thought I was just getting unlucky. But was declined even by the supervisor. I know. So much shame. But I still tried to ask in the branch where I opened and maybe they'll be willing. But NO. They calculated the one year refunds they applied to my account that I further find out happened to be an error on their end. So, just an advice, if their waiving off fees which is an error on their end to begin with ask them to notate it so you won't lose your "grace limit" when the true error comes. Time for goodbye.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Horrible bank! I opened a checking account and credit card. I deposited a check from another of my accounts and used an ATM. My account was closed. I called and was told the check had bounced, it had already cleared my other account! I was then hung up on. I called again and actually reached someone useful. She explained it was a computer error and she was reopening my account. I received a letter stating that I would not be reported to a consumer credit agency, thanks for nothing! I then added my spouse to my credit card, both of our Credit was run TWICE in the same day! Stay clear, totally incompetent!

Original review: June 5, 2018

US Bank denied my mortgage loan (even after pre-approval after credit/income check) stating I am a non-US Citizen. I am on H1-B work VISA and been in US for 10+ years with my Green Card (Permanent Resident status) in progress. Gov't. regulations (Fannie and Freddie Mac) allows mortgages to non-US Citizens on work VISAs but US Bank has a lending discrimination policy.

Original review: May 31, 2018

U.S. Bank is the WORST!!! Failure to disclose/bank fees/counterfeit money/lost checks/false sense of security that your money is protected. When I opened two U.S. Bank accounts they FAILED TO DISCLOSE that I couldn't write any checks for an unreasonably lengthy period of time (approx. 1-2 months) as they don't give you immediate access to your money! So my checks bounced and I was charged HEFTY BANK FEES. They said I should have read the fine print in the mounds of paperwork they give you when you get a new acct.

I opened a personal checking acct. for myself and a family trust account. Despite the fact I explained to the bank mgr. that the trust had a tax ID # and was not my money, the bank made me attach my SS# to the trust acct. It made me uncomfortable, as I had concerns about the trust acct. being mistakenly tied to me as I had a costly outstanding judgment against me at the time. The bank mgr. gave me a false sense of security assuring me that THE MONEY WAS PROTECTED and my SS# would "only be seen internally by US Bank so could not be tied to me or my personal debt." Her gross misinformation cost me double the amount years later-$300,000.00. The bank mgr. retired less than a year later.

Another time I withdrew cash in $100 bills and U.S. Bank gave me COUNTERFEIT BILLS! A few weeks later I went (to another branch) to pay my credit card bill and the bank CONFISCATED MY $100 BILL alleging it was counterfeit, despite the fact I informed them I had gotten the bill from THEM! I paid most bills via bill pay online. One time I paid a property tax and DMV bill, both totaling nearly $13,000.00. U.S. Bank paid them by checks rather than direct bank transfer and LOST BOTH CHECKS IN THE MAIL! This cost me hundreds of dollars in "late fees" due to U.S. BANK'S NEGLIGENCE. This incident was then followed by 2 years and multiple hours of emails, phone calls, copying/mailing documents, corresponding with both government agencies who ran me in circles regarding my request to refund my late fees. I paid the DMV 3 times on one bill and to this day have not received any refund for my multiple payments, thanks to U.S. Bank.

I received a letter dated 5/17 from U.S. Bank informing me they had increased my credit line and encouraging me to take advantage of their loans. A few days later I receive another UNSIGNED LETTER from U.S. Bank's "Account Closure Department" informing me that they will be closing both accounts on 5/31. Upon receipt of that letter, that left only ONE WEEK NOTICE to deal with outstanding checks, direct deposits, and having to open a new account! They gave NO EXPLANATION WHY so I called the # on the letter but no one answers. I left a message but no one returns your call. I called both my local branch and U.S. Bank's Corporate office but they knew nothing about it and told me to call the # in the letter. U.S. Bank cowardly hides behind unsigned letters and mock phone numbers and passes the buck between departments. So much for being a "valued customer" after approx. 10 years!!!

Original review: May 24, 2018

US Bank incorrectly documented and input a banking transaction that went on for over 6 months and now wants payment on an issue they say was resolved. I received a letter stating the US Bank was double billing me for an auto payment that my bank sends out like clockwork every month. I called US Bank and their automated system stated that they had received payment and that the payment was processed.

Not satisfied I spoke with a teller, documented their name and time/date of the call and stated that the payment was not showing up in my account as processed and to please check their records. The teller told me that the payment was received and processed and that I was in the clear. They also stated that I needed to call my bank and ensure that they process the payment on their end as well. I did that and my bank stated that the payment was sent but not cashed. I asked if they could call US Bank and resolve, stated no and that I needed to call.

I called back again to US Bank, spoke with another teller, documented date/time and name, had them check the system and the automated teller. Both stated that the payment was received and that maybe it's just taking longer than usual to process and show up in my account. I had spoken to US Bank and my bank as the go between because neither was willing to talk to each other to resolve the issue. After 6 months, US Bank sends me a notice that they have not received the payment in question and that I need to pay it within 30 days or they will start action to negatively impact my credit. I called them, tried conveying this information to the teller, he stated that that's all well and good but I still owe them money.

I asked to speak to a supervisor, he brought up the US Bank had paid a provisional payment to my account due to non receipt 6 months ago and that I still owed them money. I told him about the transactions, gave him the dates and times of the conversations showing that I performed due diligence in trying to resolve the issue, what his people stated and that they stated the issue was resolved. I asked him to review the recordings and he stated that his tellers made mistakes on both occasions and that I still owed them money. I may be wrong, but if thats the case and the customer has done everything correctly to rectify the issue, then it's your company's responsibility to eat the mistake, perform more training to preclude reoccurrence, and apologize to the customer for any inconvenience.

I will do my best to pay this account off as early as possible and you can bet your bottom dollar that I will pay extra money in the future if necessary to avoid doing business with this unprofessional institution. The manager on the other end of the phone sounded phony tough, not face to face tough, and I'm quite sure an up close and personal conversation surely would have changed his tone!

Original review: May 23, 2018

Line of Credit (Loans): I called customer service because a creditor of mine with whom I have set up EFT transactions was overcharging my account. This is my first HELOC account. I called US Bank to ask what they recommend. They recommended suspending the account or closing the account. I explained that because I have several creditors EFT’ing my account each month, this would be unacceptable. I explained that I would go back to the offending creditor and try to cancel the EFT. Two days later, I attempted to make a purchase using the HELOC but that transaction was declined. I called US Bank and was placed on hold for twenty minutes. I hung up and called back and after being transferred and being placed on hold, the call lasted over an hour, I was told that my HELOC was disabled and that it was unavailable. For the next couple of days, I called US Bank several times to get the account out of the disabled status.

I was told by one operator that it would be taken care of within 48 hours and to call back then. I was told that US Bank would reverse the dispute and free the account. When I called after the 48 hours, I was told the account could not be placed out of disabled status and that new cards had to be issued. I was told it could take weeks to get the new cards. It has been two, almost three weeks since this happened and my account is still disabled and I have no new cards. I have had to work with my creditors to make other arrangements until this issue gets resolved. Here are my issues: I did not authorize US Bank to file a dispute or to disable my account. In fact I advised against it. It is my opinion that US Bank is treating my situation this way because they disagree with how I am using the account - they have expressed this to me several times. I need to have my account freed and cards issued ASAP!!

Original review: May 22, 2018

This has been the absolute worst experience I have ever dealt with concerning any banking institute. This bank, literally lost over $6000 of my money. They have messed up, messed up and messed up, admitted to their mess ups, but can and will do absolutely NOTHING to fix THEIR mistakes. On Thursday of last week, I was told by this bank that they had received my tax refund. They told me that the funds would be loaded into my account by 7 pm that day. At 8 pm, no funds so I called back. I was out on hold for awhile and then told that they had a supervisor doing an investigation to FIND my money!!!! Then the supervisor, Juan, told me that because the deposit was over $5000 they had to submit a high velocity ticket to get the funds loaded and that it would take up to 72 business hours. This was on Thursday.

On Tuesday my funds were still not there so I called again, Juan, the supervisor answered the phone (again). Once again I was told they had to find my funds and was put on hold. Then I was told that he submitted another ticket to find out where my money was and that it would take up to 4 hours to get a reply. He advised me that there might be a possibility that my money got sent back to the IRS but was not able to give me that info. Then he let me know that they had received the high velocity ticket and "misread" it and had sent him something asking for correct info because they "assumed" the ticket was asking for a cash withdrawal when it was really a cash deposit. He told me he could. It confirm though whether or not his bank still had my money or if it had been sent back to the IRS, because of their mistake and noncommunication.

While on the phone with him, I looked at the IRS website and saw that they had in fact sent my money back to the IRS. Now because this bank completely messed up the handling of my deposit, I have to wait a MONTH for the IRS to issue a check and mail it to my house!!! And even though, they admit that it was completely their fault, they are unwilling to do anything to fix it. I will make sure, every single person, I EVER talk to from now on, stays away from this institution. I am also going to contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint with them. I also will be going on every single social media platform there is, to let people know NOT to put their money in this bank. This has been a horrifying experience for me.

I am a single mother of 3, and who works very hard for what I have, and now this bank has caused me to not be able to touch $6000 of my money for over a month because of their complete lack of professionalism, knowledge, customer service, etc. I personally spoke to Juan, the supervisor over 4 times between Thursday and Tuesday. He is suppose to be the supervisor but he answered the phone everytime I called. When I asked him to speak to his supervisor, he told me that I couldn't because they don't get on the phones!!! So this bank received $6000 of my money, spoke with me and knew that I was awaiting this deposit, lost my money then found it and sent it back to the IRS!!! And they "DON'T GET ON THE PHONES???"

I have never been so upset in all my life with a company, but I have made it my personal goal to make sure that EVERYONE knows what y'all do with people's money!!! It is literally my promise to spend every single day that I will be waiting for my money to get here, going out of my way on every platform I can find, to let people know now to stay far far away from your company with their money.

Original review: May 8, 2018

Negative stars... horrible, horrible, horrible experience - turned my Escalade in last November 2017 (today is May 2018) and they lost the truck. Continued to charge me monthly payments, claimed they repossessed the car, made a claim on our credit. Been dealing with more than 7 departments and over 10 representatives and no one has been able to straighten out or finalize the account. Run, run, run.

Original review: May 5, 2018

After being talked into opening a business account and promising a business loan from the local Midvale Utah office It began when the account was over 90 days old. I had run quite a few deposits for over $5,000 at a time. I deposited a check just over $11,000.00 from a well known large corporation. The next day I went to use the debit card and the account was frozen, I then went into the branch that I was using the ATM not my home branch.

The manager was really nice and continued to tell me that for some reason they froze my account for the amount being too large and the only ones that could help me was my home branch and they had been notified of the freeze and failed to contact me about it. I went to my home branch and argued with them and they called the manager at the branch I had just left because she did the floor work and called the other bank to make sure check would clear so it could be unfroze. They told me it could take two weeks to unfreeze our business account.

The next day it ended up available and unfrozen so we paid our mortgage and went and withdrew the rest of the money minus the bills we paid and left about $2,000 in the account extra as a cushion. The manager gave my husband some dirty looks and was short and snippy with attitude. We took the money to a credit union we have had with the business for over 2 years. Well we get a call about a week later. Our mortgage had been sent back to the mortgage company that the account had been closed! I was upset because we had never closed our account and there was still a large amount in the account. The mortgage company said, "We can’t take payment from this account because it’s closed and you're being charged a return fee."

I called the manager that was in the other branch that was so helpful instead of my home branch because they made us feel like criminals for depositing over $11,000.00. She checked our account and said, "I don’t understand how it was sent back as account closed. This is a healthy open account." She was willing to write a letter to my mortgage company but instead I am withdrawing the rest of the money so I can pay it off the other account! I had our old mortgage with US and never had a issue. As soon as we open a business account it’s not business friendly. I would caution any business to use them if they are dealing with anything over $10,000.00.

Original review: May 2, 2018

In < 24 hours of finding out USB posted debits prior to credits & my account's "Available Balance" not "Account Balance" (I wasn't notified even though was told I would be given email alerts), I added cash, but USB charged $36 OD Fee. If you look over the Account Balance, funds were available, but I was charged a $36 increased OD Fee anyway.

After 10 years I'm finally closing my account even though I have a pending $2150 PayPal deposit since they refused to remove the fee in lieu of losing a 10-yr+ customer who had available funds. They were even confused as to why I was charged the OD Fee & took over 20 minutes before explaining they posted debits first which then gave me a negative "available balance" (again not a negative Account Balance) for a whopping 3 hrs??? I would've cashed the check at Huntington prior to depositing if I knew they purposely post transactions at the customer's disadvantage.

They didn't even care to lose me as a customer (especially since house is selling & will have over $50k to deposit soon), and since most of my deposits come from Huntington, I might as well open an account there where they care about customers (my daughter has her account there & loves it). My available balance never went into the negative, however USB still charged $36 OD Fee & refused to remove it. Horrible Customer Experience - anyone with a US Bank account should immediately close it!!!

Original review: April 30, 2018

Horrible bank. The checking account was the worst I ever seen. I tried to deposit a check... Nope 200$ daily limit. My check was just for $205!!! Like a fool I applied for their credit card cause of the 150$ bonus and got a useless $500 card. When I applied for a cli 3 months later got denied and had my TU pulled 2 times just 1 day in between!!! I'm just going to close it too. What am I suppose to do with a $500 card? I got multiple cards with 10k+ limits on my report. Why not at least give me 2000 or something reasonable? Nope looks like this bank is on par with Credit One... To be avoided!!!

Original review: April 28, 2018

I have horrible experience with US Bank. The more you are good to this bank the more bad they treat you. I have been paying my bills on time for many years. They send me a letter in the mail threatening me to close my account and paying The full amount or accept the increase of the interest rates which is very very high interest rates. They think they corner me and I have no choice but to accept high interest rates. Every time I try to call them they pretend they don't understand what I am talking about. Please help me because if this situation continue I am going to lose my business.

Original review: April 25, 2018

US Bank could not arrange to have my homeowner's insurance payment deposited in a timely manner. Forty days from when they claim to have cut the check, my insurance carrier was still saying they hadn't received it. To add insult to injury, US Bank had the nerve to send me a letter stating that I was required to have insurance, I needed to provide them a letter stating I had obtained insurance, and if they didn't receive the letter, they'd go out and get a policy for me that may not have been the equal to what I had before... Oh yes, and that they strive to provide the best service in the mortgage industry. This from the same bank that knew I was fighting to get them to send payment from my escrow account.

I finally threw up my hands and paid my insurance company with a credit card (which I NEVER should have had to have done if the bank had done their job in the first place). All they could do is fall back on..."Well, we cut the check." What they should have said is, "We're cutting another one and expediting it to your insurance carrier." That was apparently too much to ask for. Funny, I'm pretty sure they're making money on my mortgage and that payment out of escrow is part of their job. If they treat their good customers like this, I can only imagine how they handle other problems. One star is one too many for this bank when they can't even handle a simple problem like payment out of escrow.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Right after US Bank was fined hundreds of millions by the government, they nearly doubled my business card APR. They have no given no reason for this except that "they can do it" on business cards without any recourse. I am extremely sorry that we ever used this dodgy bank! We are closing this account and you should never use this bank!!

Original review: April 21, 2018

I have been banking with US Bank for a few years now and up until the past couple of months they've taken at least $300 in ridiculous fees out of my accounts (savings and checkings) when I have money in both accounts from my tax refund! Apparently I'm not allowed to transfer my own money from one account to another without getting charged some kind of fees each time. This bank is full of BS! When I call and try to get them to give me back my money, they say there is nothing they can do for me! If I could give them negative stars I would give them a negative 5 stars!

Original review: April 21, 2018

I have an individual savings account. Since October 2016, I have made deposits and withdrawals with coins. I was never charged a fee, even before I had an account. When a branch attempted to charge a fee for a box of coins, I filed a BBB complaint. In their response, US Bank stated there are no fees for coins for individual accounts. Recently, the branches have tried charging a $5.25 per box fee. I filed another BBB complaint. Now US Bank claims branches have been "waiving" these fees all along! And my account is now considered a "business checking account." So the branches were waiving fees that did not exist? Does this make any sense? NO! US Bank employees are out of control and like to make up policies to justify their usurious fees! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH US BANK! They are extremely crooked and unethical.

Original review: April 20, 2018

If you are thinking about using US Bank...read the horrible reviews! I traded my lease in. They charged me over $800 for trading it in. They are rude, dishonest liars. The worst leasing company I have ever dealt with. I have leased at least 10 vehicles, and this by far is the worst experience I encountered. Do yourself a favor and if your dealer says they are going to use US Bank to write your lease, RUN! They have a personal buyout price, a dealer trade in price, and they are thousands of dollars difference in their price quoting, making it near impossible to trade your vehicle at what you truly owe. They will not allow you to have any equity in the vehicle at all. I actually lost over $1000 with all their fees and nitpicky BS. I will never do business with US Bank in the form of leasing, banking or credit card. Worst ever!

US Bank Company Information