US Bank

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

So I am sharing an old past experience and here's what happened. Back in 2008 my gym wrongfully charged my account because I canceled auto pay and was charged two months after the change. The gym admitted it was in error and corrected the transaction. This caused me to be $0.38 negative for 15 days but was in error and I was not at fault. After a couple weeks I go to deposit a paycheck and find out that I owed 375.00. There can't be any other bank that is this savage with late fees. If your banking is impeccable you might say "oh what a great bank" like you would anywhere else, but if you are like me and have the slightest mishaps occasionally this bank will take advantage of you. They will seek as much damage on you as legally possible. Be warned folks, they're not worth the risk.

Home mortgage, loans & refinancing -- I am very disappointing with the way US BANK is treating their long-term customers. They only care about people with perfect credit. If you are struggling trying to make ends meet,you are "zero." Our mortgage interest rate is 5.8%. We still can't lower our interest rate. Bank of America is 2nd worst bank too. Even when our equity is high.

I move to the United States 7 years ago and opened an account with them on because my wife has one there. 7 years later I can see the mistake I made, to trust this bank to take care of my finances. When I opened the account I told the manager that I do not want to be able to have overdraft or be in the red. He assured me that it was taken care of and if there were any payments and not sufficient funds the money wouldn't be able to leave the account. Coming from a country where checks have been absolute since 1990's, I've been thought about the above statement being a lie. It appears that checks still can be written off of your account and when it gets bounced they charge you a lovely $36 overdraft fee.

On top of that, some of my auto payments have been moved a couple of days earlier and caused me to hit overdraft again. US Bank there is a reason I put auto payments on certain days! Not so you can screw me over and steal my hard earned money because you guys are thieves! We went to US Bank as well to get our mortgage for our new home. Another mistake I made! I was promised that it would come on time from underwriting and on the day of closing we got told that it might take another week or two before we would hear something. We had canceled our lease with the apartment we were living in and had to live in a hotel for a week. Unnecessary expenses created by US Bank who love to have your money.. I am going to do some careful investigation what bank is still trustworthy. US Bank will lose me as a customer in the near future!

I was told the following when I applied for the loan - it would be finished in 45-60 days, because it was new construction there would need to be a full appraisal, that if the appraiser was one that I was not ok using that I could refuse that appraiser and they would go to the next one in the pool, the loan would fund 3 days after closing, and that I could designate what balances were paid off with the funds. The mortgage center was sloppy and clearly I had been lied to through the whole process. I supplied all requested documents almost immediately and then couldn't get any communication from them for about a month until they sent me incorrect documents and I got the local bankers involved. They did a drive by appraisal so it didn't include the house in the value, and that messed up the numbers, which they refused to fix during the rest of the process until the very end.

They assigned an appraiser and then told me that I could not refuse the appraiser but that there would be an appeal process if I felt that there were problems with the appraisal. However, they refused to send me a copy of the appraisal until after the closing was already scheduled and it was sent on the weekend with closing at 8:30 Monday morning. I still have not received the appeal process information from them. As we neared the end, they started asking for documents that they had been in possession of for at least a month and I kept referring them to the email containing her documents. They complained that I needed to send them in a different format because they work in a paperless office so they wanted me to do the work for them. I referred them to their IT support at that point.

The loan funding did not come available to me until a full calendar week after closing (no holidays) and the items that they showed had been paid off were not paid off. The receiving banks told me that they had no records of any initiated electronic payments as of a full week after we signed the documents, however US Bank shows them as disbursed funds and I'm sure they are charging me interest on them. We were told at closing that we did not get a signed copy of the documents. I requested the signed copy documents but have not received them and was told it could take up to 4 weeks from closing.

The bank sent checks for other bank payoffs to me after closing without ever discussing with me that they expected me to provide the mail or courier services to process their checks with those banks. When I attempted to do so, I was told that the bank thought it was a fraudulent check and I had to go through their fraud process. US Bank won't address my questions or provide me with the appropriate contact person in their organization to address the issue with. I couldn't ever recommend US Bank to anyone that I like. They were incompetent at best, and dishonest at worst.

Recently they have been trying to charge me with $30 late fee despite I pay in on time and all the time they bring up the Easter/Central time problems. I never had this problem before, they are just trying to rip the money off people. How come they can post the late fee before processing my on time payment. Customer service person was very rude to me and he said it takes a day to get the payment posted, are you kidding me!! You can post the late fee in the middle of night but can't process my payment and wait for charge me money. I am changing my bank and will never do business with US Bank.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about US Bank?

I submitted an insurance claim check to get a signature. I was told 3-5 business days. 2+ months later, I am still going around and around with these bozos to get a stupid signature. Worst customer service experience I have ever had.

I setup 'Pay a Person' to send my landlord the rent and she uses it to send me money to pay for repairs. I send her an instant payment; she gets the payment and it is deposited to her account, at a different bank, within minutes. She sends me money for a plumber this weekend-Sunday, and here it is Tuesday and I still don't have the payment, or anything in my account to suggest it is pending. It was sent from an instant payment system. And US Bank has an instant system but they hold the funds. This has also happened with payments made to me from wire transfer-over three days.

I also spoke to a bank teller a few months ago and she was so arrogant to me; I was taken back at first and just let it slide as immaturity on her part. Then I decided she needed to be told by her superior that it is not appropriate to speak to people that way. Her manager also spoke to me that way and sat in the chair as if he was at a party with his friends talking about women. I am a hippy looking person, and even I am saying, he was not appropriate in dress or attitude. I have had encounters at this branch that are very disconcerting. So I usually go to another branch where they are nice. However, I feel the branches are not effective. They seem to have no real power, and their words are reflective of memorized speech.

I am not a happy customer and yes, I will be moving my accounts. Which are a business and a personal account. I am rebuilding my life after the crash of 2008 so I am not cash rich and I do feel all banks are thieves; however, I am finding US Bank to be malicious with their technology and online practices. I am a very technical individual both professionally and personally and I feel that they are yes, stealing people's money for a period of time and do not practice accountability. When I heard they were voted most ethical - I realized ethical is a word that is misused by marketing and promoters. They are far from ethical and they need to be investigated for their practices regarding holding funds and online manipulation of data, which I believe is for their own benefit.

This is my professional and personal opinion. And I do intend to make sure that this happens. I have really had enough of this. When you are struggling and need the bank to work with you, you realize that they are your enemy and not a partner with you. By the way both the teller and the manager were 1/3 of my age and behaved so arrogantly that I just stood there with my mouth dropped with disbelief. I make all of my deposits and transactions at another branch if at all possible because I dislike the branch that much. Very unhappy!

This is my first experience with US Bank and my last. I applied for a credit card through REI to book a trip because of the 5% reward offered on this card. After I finished the application online they told me they would send a letter of approval within 7-10 days. WHAT! My credit score is between 840-878 depending on which site you pull credit from. I called US Bank to see if I could have the process expedited so I could purchase trip with the 5% off. No they are going to manually approve my application. I could maybe understand this process 10 yrs ago but today that's ridiculous.

I will never lease a vehicle or do any type of business with US Bank again. They are extremely unorganized and do not keep records or previous calls or transactions. My experience started when they charged me for a month after my lease had termed, granted the car was turned into a dealer 15 days before the lease had ended. Still, I get charged. Now they are stating that the vehicle was turned in 20 days later than the actual turn in date. Basically trying to grant a reason to keep the extra payment. They refuse to work with the dealership and cannot get this resolved after months of back and forth with me. Now they are requiring me to prove when the car was turned in.

On top of that I get sent a bill for excess wear and tear which is sketchy to begin with. And then the bill coincidentally is $2 different than my extra December payment that was taken. I call up to refute the bill and they advise me that the bill isn't final. So I get another one 3 weeks later that is $50 higher than the original. Now I'm really upset. After numerous calls, I receive another bill that has $40 removed. I call today to just wipe out the balance and they refuse to believe that I turned in the car so they expect another $420 from me. I ask to speak to a manager and was advised that none would be available for 24-48 hours. What a joke of a company. I will never do business with them again under any circumstances.

US Bank, was assigned my "loan" by the most disgusting Nationstar, a servicer, by removing any traces of my first assignment for trust/trustee and completely wipe them out of my chain of title and placed three back-dated assignments in its place. Now they, as trustee, are named as plaintiff in my illegal foreclosure action!! The US Bank wrote me a letter stating that "as trustee we have nothing to do with the foreclosure process". THEN WHY ARE YOU STILL NAMED AS PLAINTIFF??? Some of these banks will stoop to any level to steal your home, in my case, however, they chose the wrong person to try and steal something that no one has a beneficial right to and I intend to prove it in court with a massive amount of evidence of fraud, misrepresentation, slander of title, mail fraud, RICO violations and many others. They are going to pay for screwing around with my title!!

I won't even give them one star, this has been the worst experience. I have spoke with 6 or 7 people in this department (US Bank Retirement department) and have gotten 6 or 7 answers. There is no accountability for anything. It's just, "I'm sorry you feel that way." I have been trying for almost 4 weeks to get my 401k out of US Bank.

The due date for my credit card payment was March 1, 2017, so I made my payment when I came home from work around 9:30 PM. Next day (today) I received an e-mail from US Bank stating that I have a late payment fee of 36.00 Dollars. I called customer service to clarify this late fee, and the answer was that I made the payment after the cut off time 6:58 PM and they would not remove this fee because I was late. The customer service rep. was rude and not helpful at all. Due date to me means any time until the end of the day 11:59 PM. This is a rip off, I would never recommend this bank to anyone.

I have had my accounts with US Bank for the last 17 years (my local bank was taken over by them and since I was already there, I stayed). Only within the last couple of years did I decide to take up a CC with US Bank, I figured it would come in handy for use with certain things like car repairs or items of immediate need and other like needs of that nature.

I make the payments every month on time on the due date, through my online access. However US Bank's software is the most ignorant and ill designed mess ever, as it posts any payment after 6PM or on Saturday or Sunday on the next business day. This is inconvenient as you can imagine. Hey US Bank, the internet is 24/7/365. My life is not on your schedule, when I make a payment on my CC account then you had better damn well accept it at the time of payment! Every other CC account that I have had accepts my payment up until midnight of the due date, and doesn't ding me with a late fee!

You take my money then ding me with a late fee even though I have done my part and made my payment on the due date before 6PM cut off time. If the due date is on a Sunday, then don't ding me with late fees for it processing/posting on Monday, same for Saturdays not posting until Monday. YOU ACT AS THOUGH YOU DON'T WANT MY MONEY, AND THEN YOU CHARGE ME FOR GIVING IT TO YOU WHEN YOU WANT IT!!!

These late fees have accrued to my account over the last two months and caused my minimum payment to climb. This is outright theft as I am doing my part, but US Bank can't get their act together and get a database/software that recognizes that their users and customers live in a 21st Century world and that means 24/7/365 access and service with no penalties! I can't be the only customer that this happens to and I would like to see them punished with another class action lawsuit for improperly delaying service and reaping undue benefits. This is no different from their improper charging of overdrafts, which they got dinged for as well. Funny that I just saw a standee in their lobby that espoused them as being "voted the most ethical bank of 2016" HAHAHA! Where did they get that from, and who voted, their BoD?

I have had my US Bank card for over two years. I made all payments and then some on time, never never late. I recently tried to pay it down so I could use it for a larger purchase. When I checked my balance it was $1000 less than it should have been. I called the company. They said that their system had done a review and had lowered my credit limit by $1000, therefore the large payment that I had made was no longer available to me. When I explained that I would not have paid that large of the payment if I would've known this they said they would refund it to me.

After a week of no activity in my account showing that this was being done I called. They said it had been rejected due to the fact that they lowered my limit they could no longer refund me because then it would be over my limit. Had their system not lowered my limit in the first place I would've never been even close to my limit. This company is a rip off and a fraud and I am closing my account and want nothing to do with them.

First... I would like to say that I am VERY good with money. I understand finance, investing and business concepts extremely well and have always been able to take a little and grow it. I am extremely frugal and track my finances every day and spend a good 4-5 hours a week on my finances. Now... Stay away from this bank. You cannot budget or track expenses with them. It can take up to a week and a half for expenses, deposits and transactions to go through and it's NOT consistent even when the expenses or deposits are routine and are coming from the same companies in your banking profile.

I have automatic deposits set up for an external savings account that are supposed to post every Thursday. Unfortunately, sometimes they go through 4 days later and sometimes over a week later. Nothing is consistent so you cannot track your finances. I started out by making a note that these particular transactions post every 5 days, but that's not always the case.

UNREADABLE BANK STATEMENTS. Their bank statements are unreadable. Sometimes someone will think that I'm crazy so I show them an online statement and they can't make sense of it. We'll comb through it together and we can never come to a conclusion about anything other than this bank sucks. It makes it impossible to sit down and have a discussion with a banker from U.S. Bank, because you get the feeling that they can't even decipher the statements and they start sounding like they are just pulling info out of their **.

AS THE CUSTOMER YOU ARE ALWAYS WRONG. They are extremely arrogant. You are always in the wrong as the customer when talking to them. Ex: I opened my account when I was about 19 and before they were doing online banking of any kind. I happened to overdraft my account by a few dollars that Christmas; which was totally my fault I take responsibility for that. However... Over the course of Christmas they charged me $36 per day for 3 days in overdraft fees. I could not make any deposits, because they were closed the entire time for the holidays and remember there was no online banking for them yet.

I went in once they were opened thinking they would meet me halfway, because it was impossible to take care of my account since they were closed during this time. They wouldn't budge and I asked if they could reduce the fee any. I'll never forget - the amount was about $100 and $0.25. They told me they could "give me my quarter back". That is absolutely asinine. So they did have the ability to work with me, but wouldn't! I should have dropped them right then and there, because it's been a headache ever since.

TERRIBLE APPLICATIONS. Their online banking is insecure. I've been able to login to my account numerous times purposely using a slightly different password to test their security. In specific, not capitalizing certain alphabetical characters to see what would happen and they STILL let me in. Their rotating security questions are useless, because they ask you the same one every time, despite the fact they ask you to choose several when you first sign up.

Half the time their website breaks where content won't display or just won't load and it looks like it's from the mid 2000s. That's actually pretty accurate, because I've never seen the website get a facelift or be improved. Their app is far from being in real time or timely at all and is pointless and many times it's been so buggy that it will just close. Speaking of which...

I'M CLOSING MY ACCOUNT TODAY. I was recently over-drafted. I talked to a representative today over the phone about piling overdraft fees. The day my account was over-drafted I immediately transferred money over from my Chase account to take care of the problem. Unfortunately I have not been able to get to a U.S. branch (and good luck finding one outside of a major city), because I've been working non-stop. I understand that this is my problem and no one elses. However, it's taken almost a week for the transfer to go through. It's impossible to be responsible with this company, because they're a mess.

I talked to a representative over the phone and asked her how it was possible that every time I tried to use my debit card it was declined, day-after-day, but they allowed for one $7 transaction to go through during all of this. When this went through I naturally thought that my payment had posted to cover the over-draft. Not true and even when my card was being declined (as it should) they allowed a transaction to go through. And according to my bank statement, they didn't charge me $36 per day, day-by-day, but dropped them all on me on one, single day. She actually said "we did you a favor". What arrogance and what does that even mean?

So I said... "well can you at least work with me here like other banks do and take away at least 1 of the fees" and she said "no" and I said "well I guess I will be closing my account then." And then there was this long pause and I said "wait, you're actually going to lose a customer over this?". I asked her "why do you even have online banking if the essential functions don't even work?" and told her that "Chase gives new customers $200 just for opening an account and you guys can't even work with me on this".

And that's it! Poor technology. Terrible security. Complicated statements designed to confuse you so they can sneak money from your account. And that's honestly what they do (it's happened to me at least 10 times now). And when you talk to them you can tell that they are burned out and don't care. You know how nasty the people at the BMV are? That's exactly what this is like.

To date they have stolen probably around $300 from me, because of their errors and they never budge. It is seriously a bank that should be investigated and prosecuted and it's amazing that they are still around, because I bet you they lose several thousand customers a day... and I'm one of them. Read the review folks! 1 star from so many people! And you'll hear stories from many intelligent people talking about how they've had money essentially stolen from them. This a common theme. I was stupid to have not switched banks longer ago. So don't do this to yourself!!!

US Bank is by far the WORST bank I have ever dealt with. I set up an automatic payment with Comcast to withdrawal from my US Bank card. Woke up to my service disconnected. Made a manual payment for Comcast online – figuring the ACH failed. Hours later service is still disconnected. Called Comcast and they said the payments were BOTH made but were pending. Went onto my app and it showed US Bank was holding those funds for 10 days. 10! A total of $320. US Bank said they can't do anything and I have to wait for the hold to expire... in 10 days. So all of my money is gone. My grocery money for the month and the money I was saving to go out with my boyfriend for Valentine's Day. Also my cable and internet will remain disconnected until those payments clear in 10 days.

US Bank has put me in a super embarrassing situation. I also know when they reverse those payments they will have a hold on them until they are credited back to me. So I'm literally broke until I get paid again in 10 days and I won't see those particular funds for another 15 days or longer! I am breaking up with US Bank as soon as I can and going to Chase. This is ridiculous!

I had a bad experience where I had to wait six weeks to get a check from a company I was working for. When I finally received it and have them sign it over to me US bank told me that they would not accept it even though it was signed over to me. I checked to see if other banks would accept it if it was signed over and they said that they would but US Bank said that they would not. They just didn't do that and I thought that was not very professional. They even told me that there were no managers available as their manager was sick and could not be reached. If you have a business especially a construction business I would definitely advise you not to use US Bank ever.

People be aware!!! When asking for a loan, make sure they don't include your taxes, and insurance or else you will be paying $443.82 at the end. They don't make aware of this fees. I told the mortgage loaner not to included and still did so he knew I have to pay this fee. This is so corrupt. People just be aware of US Bank.

US BANK is only good if you have a physical branch to attend to your issues. If you do not, then you are seriously S.O.L. They make promises they can't keep when it comes to mailing a physical check to people and/or business. You jump through all the hoops and fill out all the information online and select send. They give you the date of arrival and even give you a GUARANTEE! <----- read the fine print. This "guarantee" only affects people who are penalized with late fees when the check arrives late. It does not qualify towards people sending checks to themselves or to others. I had to send my check to myself TWICE since I do not have a local bank and destroyed my Debit and Credit card to prevent overspending. So this was my option to rely on the USPS.

They give you a date it is supposed to arrive. If it does not arrive they tell you to wait longer before making the decision to cancel the current check and send out another one. They blame the USPS because "They might arrive early, they might arrive late. We have no control over that." <----- this was their "solution" to my frustration. They have no way of tracking anything they send out unless it is next day air. There is not an override option for this over the phone or online to my understanding. Since this has happened to me TWICE you would think they would be more accommodating. They are not and usually are not. US BANK has one of the WORST reviews as a bank online. Their slogan "All of US serving you" is complete bs and once my Credit Card is paid off I will keep that account open, but will no longer do business with them. That is a promise.

I bought my house May 2015. September 1st 2016 two of my nieces got put into my care for emergency purposes until they could go live with their mom. So due to the new and temporary expenses for that month I called US Bank and asked for a deferment. The man said he could help me with that. I've never done anything like this so I didn't know what I was dealing with. Well he set up a payment plan to where the $702 for the month is September would be split up between the months of Oct, Nov, Dec and Jan. I asked if I'd have fees to pay and asked if it would go on my credit, he said all fees will be waived and NO it won't go into my credit report as long as I make the payments on time on or before the agreed iPod due dates! Which I did!!! I was never late I was ALWAYS early!!! So then I find out that they have reported me to the credit bureau anyhow saying I've been late 5 months which has now dropped my credit score from a 720 to a 612!!!

On top of that they increased my mortgage payment back in December and didn't inform me so now they are saying I'm behind $408! I spoke to someone on January 24th 2017 and that's how I found out they raised my payments! Then I received a letter from US Bank January 31st stating my payments have gone up and I owe $408! Guess when the letter was generated!? January 24th!!! I also found out later that US Bank doesn't even do deferments!!! The guy totally mislead me!! So I asked about changing my payment due date and US Bank doesn't do that either! So I asked what they do for their customers to help them out and make sure the customers are able to make their payments on time. They do NOTHING!!! They suggested I just pay late every month and pay late fees!!! And now since they have screwed be over on my credit I can't even refinance with another bank to get away from them!!!

I close my account, got a new card. The bank allowed Geek Squad to take money out of closed account. When I call the bank, I got the money back into my account. Because it made me go negative. They won't give back the refund to get me out of negative. When I call the 1800 Us bank, they informed me that the bank issued me a new card but never closed my old account. Like they're supposed to. And they're not responsible to pay the negative money. So every 2 wks they're gonna keep charging me $25.00 which is B.S. I ask how could they take money out then put money in and I'm still in the negative? How could they keep my account open after it was supposed to be closed.

I opened up a small business checking account with US Bank in Manhattan Village. I had deposits go in to the account over the first couple of weeks. One night debit card doesn't work. I call up and they leave me on hold for 8.5 minutes and when they're back on the phone they say they'll have to call me back. I receive no call. A day or two later I call again. The girl on the phone says I didn't activate it. She says now it's good to go. I try to pay a bill and it's declined again. I call back only to find out they froze my account for whatever reason they can not tell me. I've called and called and called and my money (all of my money) is stuck in this account. I am still waiting. It has been a week and a half and no one has said a thing to me. I keep calling asking what they need and no response.

I have a mortgage with them that I have been working on a loan modification for months. The last items were requested from me and I sent in. Their fax machine wasn't taking my fax. I kept sending it and finally goes through. They call me a week later saying they didn't receive it, they only received a blank page. I fax it again. All they needed was a profit and loss statement. I sent them that along with 6 months bank statements which were not requested. They sent me an email saying they have received what I sent them on the 16th of January. Since then until this past Friday there has been no contact. They called me on Friday to say I have been removed from the program because they haven't received anything since October 25th.

Meanwhile I have a receipt saying they received everything on January 16th. I am transferred to someone else who tells me they were unable to read part of the profit and loss so they automatically declined it and told me afterward. A very simple fix I'm sure but I still don't know exactly what it is because no one that works there knows but I find it very interesting that they are telling me I have to reapply and my account is frozen all at the same time. This is disturbing because all of my money is in that account. I have expenses for my business, my car insurance is about to lapse and my rent is due and I can't get a single answer from anyone at US Bank about anything. If this isn't predatory lending I don't know what is. My business doesn't have any judgments, there are no debts and I have complied with them 150% for my loan modification.

After 15+ years of banking with US bank I was turned down for a bank loan on a nice vehicle that is worth more than the $5000.00 I was asking for. Granted I had a bankruptcy 5 1/2 years ago. I have had direct payroll deposits for 15 years too. My girlfriend has been with US bank for several years and has an excellent credit score and mine is only in the good range. You would think after that many years with several thousand dollars in my account at all times I would be considered a good reliable customer with no problems paying off this loan. Also, the banker offered to loan her the money by herself, but not me on the note. I will closing my account as soon as I can get a new bank set up. Up until now I have had good customer relations with US Bank, but will end soon as I will start a good customer relation with another bank here in Council Bluffs, IA.

I opened a new Checking Account at the US Bank at 7451 W. Lake Mead Blvd in Las Vegas, Nevada on 6/17/2016 after receiving a notification in the mail for $150.00 Bonus. The new consumer checking account requirements were a minimum of $25 dollars deposit and a direct deposit into the new account. I opened 2 accounts one because I have a Living Trust, so one was opened in My Name the other in the name of the trust. I met all requirements with US Bank including a transfer of funds of $500 dollars from the Living Trust to the name new account on 6/21/2016. On 7/21/2016 the Direct Deposits started to be placed in the Name Account ending in **. At this point I felt that I was on the way to received the $500 bonus as promised. I was told that it would take from 60-90 days to receive my bonus. This was the 2nd time I was lied to by the bank.

I wanted to open a saving account and transfer the funds in my Living Trust Checking Account to a new savings account. At that time the bank could not find the Living Trust Paperwork that I had filed with that bank. I had to bring in another copy. I told the bank representatives that if I had one more error in my accounts I would close them all and move those accounts to another bank location. I tried to set up a meeting with the New Account/Bank Manager several times. He was also the one who set up my account and had been promoted after my Check Account Promotion Scam. He informed me on 10/03/2016 that my $500 Promotion was set up too early and I was only eligible on 6/30/2016. I told the Accounts Manager that I don't believe that and I no longer trusted the money I have in the bank at that location.

My Bonus account bonus number of ** was misplaced. I still have that copy. I have felt that this scam is the same type that Wells Fargo Bank had. Only its employees misrepresented the bonus information and the persons get promoted and the New Account Consumer gets the shaft. I would like to have some action taken, I plan to closed my accounts at US Bank at 2211 N. Rampart Blvd., Las Vegas, NV who encouraged me to close all accounts at Lake Mead Blvd less than a week before my direct deposits kicked in and again I waited till the following month for my check to be deposited. Another lie. Who do you trust??? I will wait for more confirmation from US Bank before I close my accounts at the location!

I am a victim of the 2016 flood of Louisiana. I hired a contractor to work on my home but they ended up being fraudulent. They took 23,000 from me. US Bank will not release the remaining funds to me to hire another contractor to repair my home. I have provided a police report, contractor license board complaint, documents from the Secretary of State as well as license board proving these people are frauds! The mortgage company will not release me from my contract with these people and they have not done work in my house since NOVEMBER!!

I was told to send certified letters 15 days apart and if they do not respond I can move forward with a different contractor. Here it is January and now they are singing a different story. Now they are saying starting today they have reached out to the contractor and they have 30 days to respond. No one ever told me that after I have spoken to at least 5 different people and why wasn't that done in November after I sent those certified letters?! I just want my insurance money so I can get home! I am a single mother of 2 kids who is driving 4 hours daily commuting!

My father-in-law passed away unexpectedly last March. My husband and I inherited the home that he bought in 1972 and raised my husband in. We have provided all the documentation to show that my husband is the sole heir to the home and transferred all the property over to our name in the state. Prior to his death my father-in-law had taken out a loan on the house. While my husband and I are not opposed to taking over the loan we decided not to and to just keep paying off the loan as it was only $614 a month. At the time we were both active duty military and he was retiring in August and me shortly after. We provided US Bank again with all the required documentation and even sent it registered mail to ensure that we have documentation that they did indeed receive it.

All was well until October of this past year when we received a rather large mortgage bill for $300 over what the bill should have been. We paid it dutifully as we assumed it was a balloon payment of some sort. Then November's bill came it was the same amount. Calls went out to US Bank. Initially they refused to speak with my husband or I as we are not listed on the Disclosure Agreement. Baffled by this I asked who was and they insisted on speaking with my father-in-law. We proceeded to explain to them that he had passed away and that on three separate occasions registered mail had arrived and given them notification that we were indeed the legal owners of the home.

Finally after some extreme head banging we were able to get someone to listen to reason and they at least talked to my husband. They stated that the insurance had lapsed on the home and that US Bank had opened up an escrow account to cover not only insurance but also property taxes. When asked why we were not contacted prior to this happening as my father-in-law had passed away they tried again to state that they had no knowledge of this and that they needed to protect their interest in the home. We provided them with documents to show that we did indeed have homeowner's insurance and that we did indeed pay the property taxes for the home. However here we are in January of 2017 and still we have no resolution and they are still calling and asking for my deceased father-in-law. This company has no compassion and no ethics. I would not recommend this to anyone.

I am currently abroad and it is very important that I access my online mortgage account. I have been trying for months without success! Each time I try to log in I receive the message "This site cannot be reached." I have never experienced such poor customer service! Is not the bank in noncompliance with banking regulations? Can anyone answer this question?

Holding on to the checks until after the 16th in order to collect one of the highest late fees in banking. This has happened to me on two occasions. I send my check out on the 2nd and it does not get processed until close to the 14th 15th or after. They try to blame Post Office but I have sent it with tracking number. It is not the PO fault.

On Friday January 6th, I was notified by text that someone had changed my online banking password. I called Customer service. They informed me that someone had logged into my account and transferred 16,000 points out of my account. This may sound like an easy call. I was on the phone for 1 hour and 45 minutes and transferred back and forth to departments EIGHT TIMES. In the end, they apologized and said they will overnight the card and I will have it by Tuesday. Tuesday arrives - NO CARD. I call Customer service, they apologize but the person DID NOT overnight it, but sent it 7-10 business days. And then they tell me "points were added to your account by a hacker, not taken." REALLY. Who does one believe? So now I have 16,000 less points than what they told me Friday. They apologize AGAIN, and say they will overnight a card, AGAIN, and swear it will be here Thursday.

It's Thursday, January 12 - NO CARD AGAIN! I call Customer service AGAIN. After being transferred only twice, I am told that there was a processing error and NO CARD WAS SENT. THIS IS CRAZY. I have been lied to so many times now I don't believe a word they say. He tells me he will overnight a card to me and it will be here by Saturday - yards, right! I heard that one before. In the meantime, I am without a credit card, can't get online (they blocked my account until I get the CC - funny, right), and I can't book a trip that I HAVE to book, because I can't use my rewards UNTIL I GET MY CC. US Bank has NOT helped me and has lied to me and made my life more difficult.

First of all last year 2016 when I travel to Hawaii all my things were stolen including my wallet and everything. I had no ID so I couldn't get any money. I survived on the streets and basically on my way back and answered questions to get on the airplane. The point is with US Bank no id means no money. Here in what I will call my home branch in Portland Oregon at 7200 Northeast Sandy Boulevard I did ask if you could get money if you didn't have an ID and the branch manager said that I could if I answered questions properly. So on and on and lo and behold a couple days ago I lost my wallet. Herein lies the hassle. First I called the credit card department which then I actually got the customer service department and had to wait twice as long on the phone because the automated system doesn't work. SO after holding and hassling back to the credit card department I put a temporary hold on my cards.

Today I went to the doctor and then I wanted to get some money to go get gas in my car etcetera, so I went to the closest u.s. bank and with the same thought that the branch manager said I can get money with no id if I can answer questions. Well I answered questions just fine I thought and I actually even had a piece of Quasi ID with a picture on it. The condescending manager at Southeast 122nd Avenue just south of Powell at the Safeway in a condescending manner said that I missed two questions or they weren't adequate answers and so I couldn't get my money. She said I needed id. It is lost, costs approx 75 dollars.

My bank account has more than $20,000 in it. But I won't be able to touch any of my money until I have that ID so I had to call my boss who has pneumonia and he's going to help me tomorrow and give me the cash to go through this. At this point I am serious and I will be closing my account with US Bank after 22 years and I never want to hear anything from them again in my entire life. One more Corporation with lousy customer service. Look out folks.

Updated on 01/11/2017: I decided after writing my first review that I would call the branch manager over at South East 200 and 22nd Avenue. Her name is **. When I got to speak to her I told her that I had gone way over her head and that how I had flown on an airplane Alaska Airlines without an ID and I do know the answers but I've been in a car wreck and my memory was not sharp as a tack lately. And she explained again that they wouldn't give me the money that I failed and as I said "I guess I got angry and I expressed that clearly" and you know I said about how her glamorous looks don't make the banker and then she just rudely hung up on me. If that is the thin skin a banker these days then I think they shouldn't be a banker. The point that I am making here is that I didn't fail the bank but the bank failed me. That is why I am moving on. That is my plan with US Bank. Getting out, closing my account.

US Bank Company Profile