1.04/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1465 US Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Today FEB 20, 2019 I called the collections department of US Bank to make a payment. I told the rep first initial ** that I needed the address to make electronic payments for the future. I told her I wanted to make payments and stay in my home. Due to illness and loss of work hours I have not been making current payments. But I am making them. I find that the majority of the staff that I speak with are courteous although thorough they offer every option to help remedy the outstanding debt and become current with my mortgage.

Occasionally there are reps that are not courteous but curt. There really is no need to insult people that are making payments or however late they may be. There should never be a situation where the client feels so upset that they resort to bad language after being stressed out by supposed rules and requirements. No one is exempt from the state of the economy and yes the governments are even shutting down. This is not an excuse. But speaking to the customers with disdain and complete and utter forced authority is unnecessary.

No one calls their mortgage company to make a payment and be lectured or spoken down to under the guise of doing their job or following rules. The power that is exuded is false and the fear that these people envoke is overwhelming. This type treatment is responsible for putting people who are already sick or weighed down with other problems to be hospitalized or worse. Please US Bank speak to your staff about the care of your customers and the value of our business. Especially when we are fighting to stay afloat.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

TIAA aimed us in the direction of U.S. Bank to get a bridge loan (line of credit) after we moved to a new residence. When our old house sold, U.S. Bank was very slow to apply the payoff funds on the loan. So slow that another month's interest was charged even though they had the funds to pay off the LOC. It took several calls to correct the error. Each time before it was fixed a rep assured us that it would be taken care of that same day... Still it took 3-4 iterations to apply the transferred funds to the loan. THEN, because they were slow posting the payoff, they took another payment on the loan from our checking account.

Two more calls and we got the same song and dance. A check would be mailed out "today" the rep said to refund the erroneous payment they pulled out of our checking account. The account was paid off on 1-31-2019. Today is 2-19-2019. We don't expect to see the check for several more days, if in fact they actually mail it today as the rep said they would. The rep would not give her name and only gave a first name which I'd guess is made up.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Hi, I always have the worst experiences with US Bank. Even when they have technical difficulties on the app, they blame everyone else instead of taking responsibility and fixing it! I’m very angry, because US Bank has basically stolen money from me by not correcting a huge mistakes in their system and they are refusing to acknowledge this. After this problem is fixed hopefully (because they’ve never fixed the other problems) I will never use US Bank ever again! The Customer service reps are always very rude and inconsiderate, they have never treated me well. Something needs to be done about this, I am not the only person that goes through this but I’ve heard it from many others as well that this is why they left US Bank! I recommend that you do not waste your time or money banking with US Bank, thank me later for saving you on all the stress. Be blessed.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I am in the process of doing home repairs so I decided apply for a home equity loan to help with expenses. I filled out an online application for simplicity and US Banks marketed low fees. I should note the application process definitely requires you to include an address and zip code. I called the next day to be told that my loan was being turned down because I was outside the area in which they can provide a home equity loan. This was after my credit was already pulled. The recommendation by a US Bank representative was that I REAPPLY for a home equity line of credit for which they would have to pull my credit again. No thanks. What a racket. I should have known better. I have seen how these chop shop call centers operate first hand. As an applicant you are not thought of as a person who worked hard to build good credit. You are just a number. Someone who can be sold something even if it isn't what you intended to buy.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Will try and keep this short but want to include all the issues we have suffered under US Bank. They try to increase our mortgage payment each year, even though our insurance goes down and the taxes go down due to being a Disabled Veteran. They send out the Escrow Analysis and short a payment on it to make it look like there is less in the escrow account that there actually is. They send out 4 Mortgage Statement bills during a 2 month period during the "escrow analysis" to confuse older or disabled customers into thinking they have not paid their mortgage and so they will pay again.

They hold our checks until after the cut off date for the late fees, even though we mailed them in plenty of time. All the other checks mailed for bills have been cashed, but not the US Bank check. They try to force us to open accounts and have payments auto deducted to stop our check payments from being held. They sold our information shortly after we got loans from them and now we get up to 4 pieces of mail PER DAY from various companies that know exactly the amounts of our loans, when we got them and all our personal data. These unaffiliated companies try to sell us life insurance, mortgage insurance, refinancing and other products and services that we do not want and did not agree for our information to be sold to them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about US Bank?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Went into my local branch to consider a new business checking account. When I sat down with the branch manager, she asked me to wait a minute as she had to finish something up. I watched her as she berated one of her tellers in front of customers. I was stunned. Then it appeared from my view she did the same with the drive through teller. She was more concerned with embarrassing her staff in front of customers rather than help a new customer open an account. She made me wait for 10 minutes. I finally got up and walked out. She saw me but didn't even make a gesture to try to save my business. What a piece of work. This bank may be the most ethical (although I doubt this), but boy at least this branch needs someone to model decent customer service.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I've been using them since 2001: had home equity loan, checking accounts, savings accounts. Was buying a car and stopped by for a $9500 cash and they don't have it... I walked into the location in the beginning of Sept, 2018 and inquired about the home equity loan. E-mailed the banker requested info, lifted credit freeze: was told they will run the report. Arranged meeting with banker. When went: the banker is not available - helping at another location. The manager looked at the paperwork and said the credit wasn't run and that I need to remove freeze again...

Applied for small personal loan after a month just to mess again with taxes, reports got call from the home equity... Just a mess. Seems no one is knowing when and what they are doing. While you don't need anything it seems fine. Another universe just same mess if you call. Cannot answer questions, messing with dates, contradict another. Promise to call 7 am and call 10:40pm. Did Philippines relocated their call center and become US Bank?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I’m the personal rep for my deceased mother who banked exclusively with US Bank. Because all her accounts were held here I have kept her probate account with the bank. BIG MISTAKE. While the branch staff attempt to be helpful they are utterly useless at achieving results. Simple things like following my simple request for including photos of cancelled checks on statements cannot be done (even though she had them prior to her death), transferring funds from an IRA I inherited can’t be done. The list goes on. I would hide my money under my mattress before doing business with US Bank ever again. They have made a difficult time for me and my family immensely more complicated and frustrating. Kind of amazing anyone would pay to bank with them!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

This is the worse bank ever. I would not recommend. They need to be shut down. I had recently started a bank with them. It’s been about a month now. I have been transferring a lot of funds from my checkings into my savings. I was unaware that I can only do that 5 times per month. So I made a total of 15 transfer from my checking to savings not know they were going to charge me 15 dollars per transfer. 10 times 15 is 150 which means they done took 150 dollars of my hard earn money and just tell me, "Oh well." You can’t get your money back. Clearly I didn’t know.

I feel like I should of been notified that when creating my bank and notified through email that I was making to many transfers and would be charged for them. But no my money just disappears out of nowhere. As soon as my tax refund come in. I’m emptying out my bank account and leaving. I will be sure to look a customer service reviews before I start my next bank. This is really foul play. If they gonna charge someone to transfer money why the hell would it be 15 dollars a transfer that is Ridiculous and unreasonable. They are filthy thieves.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I fell into the trap of being charged a surcharge for buying stamps at a US Bank MoneyPass ATM machine. The following is from a US Bank website: “We’re ready to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week ***. Access to more than 4,700 US Bank ATMs No surcharges at more than 28,000 MoneyPass® ATMs” A Webster’s Dictionary definition of “surcharge” is, “an amount of money that must be paid in addition to the regular price.” Therefore, as morfe fully discussed below, U.S. Bank’s claim of no ATM surcharges is, at best, misleading in my view.

I went to a US Bank MoneyPass ATM in San Pedro, CA, this morning with my US Bank MoneyPass debit card. The front of the ATM machine advertises USA First Class Stamps Sold Here. No mention of a surcharge. The next three monitor screens that one needs to open in order to purchase stamps have no mention of any extra charges. Not until the fourth and last screen is it disclosed that they charge a surcharge of $5.08 for 36 stamps which is a “convenience fee” of 25.65% more. By that time, I would imagine some people like me are not reading the “fine print.” That is not a convenience fee for a person like me on a fixed income. It’s very disappointing that a bank I have been with for over 25 years is using what I consider to be less than up-front selling methods. And further, I consider it to be a disgraceful business practice.

US Bank Company Information