Navy Federal Credit Union

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was buying a home and the first red flag should have been when the loan officer told me he didn't want to start the process to lock in my rate until after inspection because processing a loan is "a lot of work"... That's your job. Secondly, once we knew the closing date, turns out I was going to be overseas. I called and the loan officer confirmed that my agent could be my power of attorney to approve closing costs and close for me. He even went to a supervisor who concurred it was ok. I get a Power of Attorney and submit it asap.

3 weeks go by and before I go overseas we get the clear to close. So I am overseas and finally get email access and I find out that Navy Fed has a policy (that no one knows about) that anyone with a "conflict of interest" can not be POA; my agent has a financial stake so she is out. I go round and round with them asking for an exception (they even admitted the loan officer and supervisor made a mistake) but they refuse. They suggest I get a friend or family member to be POA. I remind them (because they know this) that I am out of the country and there is no way I can get anything notarized as I am nowhere near an Embassy or Consulate.

I then get a phone call from a supervisor who straight up lies to me saying even if they did give me an exception to this policy no one knows about, the VA doesn't allow it. I inform her that isn't true as I did it before on a previous VA loan. She gets combative with me on the phone and I end up hanging up on her. They are liars and frauds. As soon as I close, once I get back in the country, I will be refinancing. Avoid Navy Federal at all costs.

Ok so I have been with NFCU for almost a year. When I first open a account through them I applied for a credit card and was turned down 3 times after I sent 3 reconsideration letters via message online. Ok so weeks roll by. When they call to setup my account I told the woman on the phone what happen and she had me apply again and miraculously a few hours later I receive a message saying I was approved for a $1000 credit line.

Next maybe about a month or two later I say I'll try to refinance my car through them. NOPE. They deny me that also! I didn't even bother with a reconsideration letter. I continue to use my card for everything, make payments before the bill is even due paying well over the minimum most months. So this month rolls around. I decide to ask for a credit line increase. Can you guess what? They denied me that too!! Their reason was because of my BANKRUPTCY. The same bankruptcy I had since May of 2014 also the same one that was on there when I got approve for the credit card! I sent a reconsideration letter via message and the response I got was, "Since this message didn't include any change we must stand by our decision." What in the heck? I absolutely hate NFCU. I'm waiting for the day to come for me to pay the card off and never use it again! Definitely don't recommend to anyone!

I just recently moved to El Paso Texas. Went to a business and they took my cashier’s check and gave me no service. About an hour ago a security officer called me, because I made many attempts to get my stolen money back. The CSR's are extremely rude and lazy. This has been my credit union for twenty years. This place is sinking downhill and seems to have financial issues. The institution seems to be finding ways to rip people off in any way they know how. It is not ethical, to allow a customer to be ignored. Signed Navy Veteran who fought in a war. Thank You Navy Federal Credit Union for making me feel unappreciated. Now that's customer service...

I called Navy Federal because online it was showing a late payment on my account. The late payment showed that I owed for 2 payments instead of the one that I originally owed. I called customer service and they stated that they show 2 payments down on your account whenever you are just one day late. I told her that it did not give that explanation online. After stating this, the Representative obviously got annoyed with me and stated, "Can I help you with anything else?" I told her that she can get a supervisor due to her being very short with me. She asked, "May I place you on hold?" I told her, "No. Please get a supervisor." She stated that, "I am finished with this call." And just held the phone. I called her an idiot and she stated that I can not speak to a supervisor and hung up. I just want an explanation that makes sense. She was very rude and should not be speaking to customers at all. I am very upset with Navy Federal.

I am very satisfied with the service and quick update of all transaction on my accounts. The transfer of fund from one account to my children is amazing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Navy Federal Credit Union?

I have been with NFCU for over 10 years. I love the customer service, their security and the fact that it doesn't cost me anything to bank with them.

When my husband died 22 years ago, our account was with NFCU. I have had no problems with the credit union and have gone in for personal assistance on more than one occasion. Have always received outstanding service and information.

If you can get a membership, it is well worth it. Online banking is the best, and ATM's are all over the country. Great rates on all types of loans... can't be beat.

Sends text messages whenever there are extraordinary charges or fraud so I can call and either explain my purchases or tell them I am not in Kansas at a hotel. Very vigilant at this!

The absolute best experience we've had with Navy Federal Credit Union has been refinancing our mortgage. Before that, we had been bounced around to 3 other banks as our mortgage was bought and sold repeatedly. We were fed up with that and refinanced with NFCU. Their promise: They will never sell our mortgage, ever. Nor do we get the constant stream of spam mail dealing with the other banks always brought. They've been dependable, reliable and always courteous both in person and over the phone. Very happy we are with them.

I have my payment submitted. Paying a credit balance to $0.00 but it takes them up to 72 hours to process payment. When I called to see if they could temporarily raise the limit so I could finish my purchase while still taking advantage of the incentives I get for using their financial institution, they were less than willing. Way to lose a customer on something so simple. I can go find a credit card company that wants to work with their customers who regularly keep a $0.00 balance on their cards because they pay them off within a month. It could have been so simple to retain a customer/member. But instead you wanted to suggest that I wait a "couple more days" and sit on the floor while I wait for you to get your ducks in a row. No thanks. I have the cash.

My husband and I initially tried to use Navy Federal to buy a house back in 2015. We got such a runaround and such poor service that I'm not sure why we started trying to use them again now for a home refinance, other than that they offer more generous terms than many others. Well, still a mistake. The underwriting process was going fine until the home appraisal. The appraisal came in laughably low, which caused us to look into what was going on. Turned out that the appraiser was a trainee. So we started the appeal process with the underwriting department. It felt a little bit like that conversation from Idiocracy about plants and electrolytes. We would give them an appeal, they would return it and say, "You can't talk about X in your letter." We would say, "We didn't." They would say, "You did." And we would say, "Where in the letter do you see this?" Silence. Brawndo's got what plants crave.

Finally, after doing a lot of investigating and calling around ourselves -- including to the Bureau of California Real Estate Appraisers! -- we realized that the appraiser had made a more serious error than we thought. The trainee's supervisor has signed *as the appraiser* instead of as the supervisor. This is hugely illegal in California, and we're currently working with the Bureau of Appraisers in their investigation of how this even got through. Not only was the appraiser wrong to do this, but Navy Federal's underwriting department should have definitely caught the problem, since the trainee admitted in the report that he did all of the work, including the inspection.

So, already, I'm catching things that Navy Federal should have caught. (I should emphasize that I have never worked in the mortgage business or anything like it. I'm just a person with an internet connection and some research skills. I can't even imagine what they do to screw over the servicemen and women who don't have these things, or the time to investigate what's going on with their refinances.) We decide to give them another shot on the appraisal. I get a voicemail from the appraiser that is just someone shouting "CONFUSION PHONE."

I do a reverse search on the number and discover that the appraiser 1) is not local; 2) has a website that, as charitably speaking as I can, is just not in English. When she tried to call me back to set up an appointment, I was not able to communicate with her well enough to ask whether she has done any appraisals in my area before or even to set up an appointment. I have no idea where I am supposed to go from here, or how this person has years of experience (according to Navy Federal) doing appraisals in English.

When notified of this problem, Navy Federal dug in its heels and said that the appraiser had 12 years of experience but they weren't going to tell us where, or how to solve our communication problem. I asked if it was possible to get a translator to set up the appointment at least, and they refused. I believe we are being retaliated against for pointing out the problem with the first appraisal. I wish I knew of a government agency to which to report this problem, because none of this feels very legal. Bottom line: just don't go down this path. I don't know why we keep going down this path. It never works.

If I could give it a zero star I would, that's how pissed off I am at this ** bank. Calling to get something resolve is like talking to a ** wall. Everyone I call to speak to someone in customer service it always leads to nothing getting fix. They treat their customer so poorly when stuff happens. There's so much I could say about this bank but I'm not going to waste anymore of my time to.

Unbelievably incompetent: screwed up wire transfers, failed to send wire transfers and did not inform me, and froze accounts with no notice or explanation while I was overseas. YOU CANNOT SPEAK TO A HUMAN BEING so you have to call multiple times through the computer system, and then re-explain your problem each time to a new person. Finally, had HAD IT and closed my accounts, which the bank re-opened without my permission or telling me, and began accepting deposits into an account for which I no longer had access. NEVER SEEN such horrible practices -- and it's obvious that management and leadership DO NOT CARE. I over the years had over $1M there and couldn't even get anyone to address the problems. Or even return a phone call.

The Office in San Diego Cal 92117, they gave me false information about getting a new Debit Card. I asked for a manager and the manager continued to give me wrong information about receiving a new debit card. I then called the phone customer service and a women named Jacklyn said I would receive my new debit card the next day by Federal Express. They said it would be a duplicate to the one I had. It never came. I went to the San Diego Office 92117 and asked about the issue. They said, "For the information but you can not receive a duplicate card". The office did not care about resolving the situation. I was upset and told them why are they lying to me. This went on for 4 days.

They asked me not to raise my voice. They did not want others to hear about my complaint. I told them sorry they need to honor their code of ethics on their website. I left and went to another branch and after that branch took care of the issue, the police showed up asking if I owned a gun. I said no. The officers they said the other Branch at 92117 said I was upset so they assumed I was a threat. I am filing legal action against the bank for harassment and for calling the police and filing a false police report. Navy Federal Code of Ethics is not honored by their employees or the company. I want not suggest putting your money in a Bank that has no honesty or truth.

Approximately twenty years ago as a retired Navy Chief having successfully raised two, retired with 5 Navy Achievement Medals, 1 Navy Commendation Medal and a Meritorious Mast from the USMC when comms was lost I took over the rescue of the USS Vancouver's AAVs in Operation Sea Angel off Bangladesh; I had a twenty something try to educate me on handling my financial affairs. I moved my money, leaving $100 in my acct, to NICU where I still bank today. I only maintained the use of my NFCU Visa ever since. I have tried to register to access my Visa Acct online several times over the years and have always had something blocking me from doing so. In real life there is a statute of limitations but for this notice which I found out was supposedly an outstanding check (which I never wrote) it's apparently been twenty years and they're still pursuing it. The one thing that NFCU excels in is growth, but don't expect Customer Service.

I began the process of refinancing my existing mortgage with Navy in April 2017. The trail of tears is as follows: Ran a preliminary analysis and quoted me 3.25 + 0 points. Received preliminary approval 3.25 + 5.0% points. Said rate change because I was in their B class due to FICO score (below 720—barely). I told them did they want to believe the FICO or the fact that I had 3 loans with them always paid as agreed. They said it did not matter. Members and Off the Street—same. After arguing and me escalating the matter up the chain, I was offered 3.5 + 0.5% points. I said OK and gave them permission to order $625 appraisal per preliminary closing statement. Appraisal came in lower than expected (surprise..! All appraiser are writing conservative values). Their new offer 4.25% on a 3-year ARM. I am currently paying 4.25% for 30 year fixed loan.

You can't make this stuff up. I informed them they were idiots and suggested they re-look at their numbers. Got new offer of 3.65% provided write a check for $11,000. On June 7 (appropriate day), I told them to go pound sand. June 8, I receive invoice on appraisal. It was $350.00. Clear violation of disclosure (aka fraud). Anyhow, I am a bank regulator, former real estate lender, CPA, MBA, etc. I have never in my 30 years of experience have ever been yanked around like this. I reported Navy to the CFPB and am requesting my $625 back. I also reported them to the NACU. Navy is a stain to the mortgage industry.

Worst experience of my life, almost worse than boot camp. Customer service non-existent and a high degree of loan officer incompetence. Loan date made incorrect to begin with and told by my loan officer Deanna ** that I need to apply for new interest rate on behalf of her error. From then on, everything that could go wrong went wrong, up to the day I closed. I am still waiting on credits to my account. Please, use anyone but Navy Federal for your home loan, you have been warned!

Long story short: Opened an account online Apr 24, 2017 and funded with $50 via debit card from Chase. Accessed the account online ok. Two hours later the account was locked. Called and was told I was not eligible - fine - they would mail a refund check to the address of record. Waited 30 days, no check. Now I am told there is a security issue, and I need to go to a branch, which is 30 miles away. Thanks for communicating so well. Little do they know they missed out on two substantial trust accounts. They're not crooks, just lazy.

I have been a victim of chip card cloning twice in the past 4 months. Physical copies of my card were made and purchases of thousands of dollars were allowed to go through in several different states and even in the UK in a matter of minutes without being detected by their fraud department. Federal regulations prevent banks from holding you financially responsible for fraudulent purchases but Navy Federal has found a way to draw out the process as long as humanly possible. When the purchases are made they go into a pending status which affects your available balance. At this point Navy Federal will not do anything until the charges actually clear which can take two to five business days depending on the merchant. You then must submit a fraud claim to them which will take another two to five business days.

You must realize that weekends and holidays draw out the process even longer so you are without funds for at least a week. If you have loans or bills to pay with Navy Federal in that time you must contact the individual departments to avoid late penalties, overdraft fees, etc... Which requires long waits and dealing with poorly trained representatives. Just about every other bank out there will give you a provisional credit immediately after reporting fraudulent activity realizing that you as the customer require funds to live. Navy Federal is only looking out for their own bottom line and do not care if their policies hurt you and your family.

My father decide to change banks cause it was military and no more withdrawal charges. He switched 1stNB to Navy Federal Credit Union. He is on a fixed income as well as myself. I have had Six Back surgery myself. Okay my dad is getting ready to have Heart surgery sometime next month. On April 7, 17 he had to do some final testing so he ask me to hold on to his Debit card. I said yes as long as he put his pin number on it. I have a lost of memory that's why I told him to put it on his card.

Well me and my daughter went to the park and played basketball. My child loves it. Then we left there and went to eat. Paid for our food still had my wallet. I call it. Then went shopping after that. Don't know what happen but we did go to the restroom. Well someone found it and decide to use them cause the pin was wrote on them. Before I could report it lost the next day our accounts was permanently closed, frozen whatever and told my dad they know he did that. As far as depositing checks into our accounts and withdrew them for money large amount of money using debit card. They said we both are overdrawn on each acct for $193.00 each and we are held liable for it. They will not open a account in my dad name ever again. What can we do to clear our name. Please help.

I applied for membership on 4/11/17 after being told by NAVY membership dept. on phone I am eligible in many ways. I applied provided every document known to man received receipt acknowledging documents received. Waited until 4/20, called to follow up, was told needed a few days to review. On 4/26 I received an email welcoming me but not providing any details or account information. I received my Credit Bureau report for 2 hard pulls and another report stating account created as I am an OPM identity theft victim with excellent credit, heavily monitored. Today on 4/27/17 I received an email stating I'm not eligible and to forward this same documentation to them again by the same department. I responded stating already completed, account open.

I called NFCU and verified account with 2 representatives. Both told me email is from their employee but they have no idea why email was sent to me, it's not their department, membership. How can I bank with NFCU when they can't keep track of my sensitive information never mind my funds. I'm so upset. I give up and haven't even used the Navy Federal Credit Union, very dissatisfied and discouraged. Will they be able to keep track of my money? Shameful and I'm from a military family and serve myself.

Long story short, I had a very high credit limit of which I only used up 1/3 of my limit. Was paying my credit card on time, never late and always paid more than the minimum. Then they choose to close my account because they couldn't get a hold of me. Yes that's correct; they couldn't get a hold of me so they chose to close my account entirely. I had taken out loans that I paid before the due dates. I had a savings account with them and now I want nothing to do with them. I will never use them again. Ever.

I originally applied on 3/27/17 via the website to Navy Federal Credit Union to become a member due to my wife being a part of this credit union. I Sent over all of the required documents that was needed to process my new membership with Navy Federal Credit Union. A week had gone by and I didn't receive a response so I called and sent an email via their website. I didn't get anywhere with that so I've spoken to several representative and still no membership and it's now 4/13/17. It's very frustrating when this credit union is rated #1. I really don't understand how? It's now 4/13/17 and I still am not a member due to my information not being accepted per the security department EVERY rep conversation is when I speak with someone.

My wife sent over the same exact documents when she opened her account with Navy Federal Credit Union and didn't get any of the feedback that I am receiving. The representative along with management isn't considerate to the fact that I am a new customer and this isn't the way to treat me. It's going on a month and NO MEMBERSHIP! I've spoken to several different supervisors and haven't gotten anywhere. I want this to be handled immediately! I am getting the runaround with this whole thing. I need the entire world to know where I am coming from. It's inconsiderate to me and myself and my family. I am just frustrated and feed up with this CREDIT UNION WITH NAVY FEDERAL. I have been calling and trying to get an answer. I am now in the process of writing Cutler Dawson which is the CEO of NAVY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION about my experience joining Navy Federal Credit Union.

Joining was a hassle since I didn't live near a branch so I joined online at which point they screwed up my paperwork and placed a hard hit on my credit report lowering my score. After this was all straightened out I asked about the CD they advertised on their site claiming a 3% interest rate and was told that I would receive that rate so I took $3,000 and funded it to the maximum allowed amount. Three days later the CD showed up but was only 1% interest which is the old classic switch and bait fraud car dealers used to use. I didn't make a fuss because I was hope to get help in a home mortgage through them and when they prequalified me in the letter they gave me a limit of $259,660 so I applied.

From the start I was honest explaining I had only a school loan on my credit but that the Dept of Ed had me down still as unpaid but that I had in my possession the payoff letter which I had received showing the matter as settled. I further explained that I had only been behind because I was disabled and on SSI which had given me an income of only $889.40 a month to live on and that if I had gone through with the forgiveness process it would have counted as "taxable income" which would have left me without the SSI check and a tax bill I couldn't pay making matters even worse!

Fortunately in the meantime I had been surprised by the VA finding me as service related disabled at 100%, raising my income to $2,915.55 a month allowing me to pay off that loan and several other debts I was behind on because of trying to survive on SSI. Needless to say they turned me down for "excessive collections" and "unpaid collection accounts" despite the DoE letter and my 1/3 page letter of explanation that they either couldn't be bothered to read of the 5th grade level I wrote it at to keep things simple was beyond them. So now I am trying to rid myself of a switch and bait CD that pays less interest than my Ally savings account without the penalties so I can end this nightmare relationship.

Don't be stupid and believe what their site says. They have no interest in helping Vets on active duty service people in fact because they were in such a hurry to roll out a chipped ATM card they stranded tens of thousands of deployed men, women and their families without funds by cancelling their old ATM cards after sending out replacement cards they couldn't activate due to lack of infrastructure in their area of deployment. As far as I am concerned this is just another Wall Street con, no different from BoA, Chase, or Wells Fargo who cheat customers while making promises they will never keep or intended to in the first place!

Have been harassed from NFCU for the past 7 months. In August 2016 I refinanced my vehicle with NFCU when they had a promotion going on (low interest and $200 into account). I didn't have an account with NFCU previously, so I had to fill out all of the membership paperwork in order to open an account and deposit $25 in order to qualify for this financing promotion. Once that was complete, I was able to successfully refinance my vehicle. The payments for the vehicle were set up on a direct draft from my actual checking account so I didn't have to mess with anything. A short time after, I received a promotion and moved to Alaska.

Upon arrival to Alaska, I provided my new mailing and residential address. I then started receiving my savings account statements - which showed federal income tax withheld. I have never held a savings or checking account where federal income tax was withheld. I've received very little to no interest income on this account as it is less than $200.

When I inquired as to why or how federal income tax is being withheld, the response I received was because they didn't have my Federal Tax ID on file. I inquired as I am not a business and I did provide my SSN on my membership application. The representative indicated they did not have a membership application on file. I asked how that was possible as I opened an account with it - which she verified - and I refinanced a vehicle with it - which she verified. Nonetheless, the response was without a membership application on file, NFCU will withhold Federal Income Tax from my account. How is that legal?

Then I was receiving letters indicating NFCU did not receive all of the vehicle information and/or lien on the new registration since I moved to Alaska. They threatened to change my vehicle loan to a signature loan with a much higher interest rate if they did not receive the DMV title indicating they hold the lien. I had to resend that paperwork 3 different times to them, even after I confirmed with the DMV that NFCU was listed as the lien holder. Ironically, about the same time I was receiving these letters, I was receiving emails from NFCU stating I needed to verify my address as the one on file was incorrect. Weird, I could've sworn I was receiving my bank statements and all of this vehicle paperwork at my mailing address.

When I inquired this morning about these emails - I had to give my assigned access account number to reach an operator, then I had to verify name, last four and date of birth to even speak with her. I then had to subsequently had to verify my mailing and physical address on file and then she wanted my phone number so she could text a passcode to me, which I had to read back to her so she could initiate changes to my account - which there were none. Everything on file was correct (probably because of the missing membership application). I understand security and protecting information, but too much is absolutely ridiculous. I even had to delete the app because it was constantly wanting or indicating my password was incorrect. I will be closing these accounts as I have never had this much trouble through a financial institution.

I've had NFCU for years and never had a problem until I ran into financial issues. Unfortunately, I had credit cards, auto loan and personal loan with the bank which is the worst mistake ever. PLEASE DO NOT GET MORE THAN ONE ACCT with any bank. Nowadays they have it set up that they will take funds out of any account to pay for past due accounts or balances. They say to call and schedule an appointment to have payments made but that isn't honored because their automated system automatically takes the money out the account and there's nothing their customer service can do about it.

So you're left without your own money. Without knowledge upon opening account you are unaware that you underlining signed an agreement authorizing them to withdrawn funds from any available account. Then I tried to get my interest rate lowered, they do not want to assist. I tried to settle credit card payment and they do not take anything less than 85%. The loyalty of being with them for years means absolutely nothing to NFCU. They do not try to assist families in need. PLEASE DO NOT open several accounts with just one bank. In the long run it will bit you in the ass. I had to open another account with another bank because of this situation. NFCU is hopeless!

I noticed that money I had deposited last month for personal reasons, in my daughter's account was completely depleted, then a certain amount returned to the account without Navy Federal notifying me. When I called, the wonderful customer service staff that placed me on hold to figure out the problem from 12pm-8pm between 5 different representatives. Everyone was clueless. By 8 p.m. they finally found out that the other joint owner on the account withdrew all the funds, then replenish a small amount before closing all his accounts with the institution.

I asked how the hell can a joint owner be placed on the account when I walked in there with 3 small children and was the only person that sign as the guarantor for this account. Still clueless. Next day walked into location where I open the account to retrieve a copy of the paperwork that none of the wonderful reps I spoke to the day before could find.

The 2 pieces of paper they had on file listed only one person on the account as a signer - myself. So they sent it to the fraud department. I was upset and spoke with the fraud investigator who 2 days later stated that the matter was going to be closed. Closed because due to some clerical error the other parent was somehow added years ago even though I never noticed out of 3 children statements. And the other parent never had any activity until those 2 day period and because we are both the child's parents there is nothing they can do about it. Then asking the other parent nicely if he'll give it back instead of doing what you know is ethical right as a banking institution. But I told the fraud investigator I would spread the word about NFCU incompetence and failure to protect their customers funds they trust them with.

Great job Navy Federal by not abiding by your own legal terms stated on your minor set up account contract. Under the guidelines of Minors Accounts of Navy Federal forms "Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account, including Joint Owners and authorized signers." Thanks for allowing a clerical mistake to cost a single mother a financial loss because of your fraud justifications. Be vigilant of who you trust with your money, I know I have my eyes open now.

Put in a auto loan application couple month ago and I was declined, the services representative in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, told me to try again in couple month, that I did Feb 25, 2017, And my application was declined again and my credit score is better than last year. Thing is why I don't understand I had two auto loan in the past with Navy Federal Credit Union and I paid off in 2015 and 2016, I was never late, and I had two personal loan with them also and I paid off the loan. How can Navy Federal Credit rate me no limited credit experience, bankruptcy that it is 10 years old, high revolving credit and slow payment etc... And then this is last year made a $4000 personal loan and I was approved but they won't approve my auto loan.

Before I begin, if you cannot resist the lure of Navy Federals offers at least do this one thing: DO NOT under any circumstances close out your old checking and savings accounts with other banks. Especially if you are not being charged a monthly fee. If you have checking, savings, loans and credit cards with

Navy Federal and no other, you are in for a NIGHTMARE! NFCU was recommended to me by family and coming from military lineage it seemed like some kind of benefit or was earned in some way. I applied and easily opened a free checking account which I had never experienced before and a min. savings account was required.

The jaw-dropper came when I applied for a Signature Visa and was approved a very generous limit even with my mediocre credit score. I also got a checking line of credit after signing and returning an authorization form. All sounded great and it was like a dream come true having had nothing but a $300 store credit card to my name for many years.

The problem started when I was late one day on the overdraft. They took it out of my checking without notification. I had agreed to it on the auth form, so not the end of the world. But from that day forward as they say: "Let the games begin". The direct deposit from my menial occupation would go to them

Monday nights and they would indicate it was received but not post it for three business days since that day-late payment. Before it would be posted the next evening. During this new delay NFCU would take out any payments due that week BEFORE letting me access it via atm or online banking the following Thursday.

Having had quite enough of this Chicago Syndicate-style of banking, I changed my direct deposit back to my old bank and began taking payments into NFCU as they became due. It's been about three weeks since I did this and today I get a letter from Navy Federal stating my credit accounts are being closed due to a poor credit score. Now, this is after paying them EVERY month for over four years. I highly expect a closing statement any day now demanding payment in full for both accounts within thirty days, which will be impossible and inevitably destroying my credit rating for years to come. Imagine if I had a mortgage with them? Or perhaps a second? Don't let this happen to you. They want to run your entire financial life or you get booted out the door.

Compare Banks & Credit Unions