4.80/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending is a direct lender with highly competitive mortgage rates, an easy application process and exceptional customer service.

Mortgages made easy and affordable

Putting you first is the thinking that drives the J.G. Wentworth Home Lending client-friendly mortgage program.

Super low interest rates

Count on mortgage rates that are very competitive – and with no “gotcha” points or hidden fees. Use our online calculator to see how little you could be paying.

The mortgage you need we most likely have

Buying a home, rental property or vacation home? Refinancing an existing mortgage? We can help with loans that include:

· Fixed-rate and adjustable-rate mortgages

· FHA loans with a low down payment

· VA mortgages with no down payment

· And more

Simplicity

Our application process is easy and fast. This time-saving process starts with a free, no-obligation quote delivered to you in minutes.

Trust

We have an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau, and our parent company, J.G. Wentworth, has served the community since 1992. Together with these assurances of quality, check out the many testimonials from customers just like you.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending is an Equal Housing Lender. NMLS # 2925. We do not provide legal, tax or investment advice. Please visit our website for more information on State Licenses and Disclosures.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 11, 2017

60 J.G. Wentworth Home Lending Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

My experience with JG Wentworth was excellent. My contact, Mike **, deserves most of the credit. He was knowledgeable and helpful throughout the process. I explained to him what I wanted from my refinance and Mike made it happen.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

My first experience refinancing without the love of my life who had recently passed away. Andy was professional, patient, compassionate and knew exactly how to communicate the information for me to understand. Immediately responsive and consistently provided excellent customer service and never waver during my several moments of frustration. I highly recommend him as a trainer or peer mentor for J.G. Wentworth.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Great overall experience. They were able to close on my purchase in 30 days. Very informative company and I felt like I was always their main priority. Great company. I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

A loan that had been underway for over 2-3 months, was given "top priority." Andy stepped in & ran with the process, emails, phone contact, etc. ALL professional and top notch customer service. J.G. Wentworth... I give Andy ** 200%.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Through J.G. Wentworth, I refinanced my FHA mortgage with a VA mortgage with equity cash out to become debt free. This was my 5th mortgage in my lifetime and this was the best experience by far. My loan officer was right there for me from day 1 to closing. We closed on time, myself and my family could not be more grateful for the service we received from J.G. Wentworth.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about J.G. Wentworth Home Lending?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I had the distinct pleasure of dealing w/ Jesus "Jessie" ** during my recent mortgage refinance. I'm an over the road truck driver, whose schedule is constantly inconsistent. Jessie made himself available to me, as my time permitted. He was always most courteous and professional. The man even had to deal w/ my ex-wife, he deserves combat pay for that alone. The individual who hired Jesus had great foresight. I'll be recommending Jessie's services to my family and friends who require mortgage assistance. He most definitely needs a raise.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

We had an excellent experience with our refi thanks to the expert handling by Alexander **! When we posted the inquiry, his call came through literally within seconds, he was knowledgeable, professional, had the information quickly and started the process moving. We explained we were going on a two week vacation and did not want to be in this process during that time, he assured us he would do everything he could to get it done and he did! Even in the middle of a hurricane, he kept the process moving and we closed and funded prior to our departure date.

The numbers he gave us held true, nothing changed, and I believe he secured a great rate for us with the terms we wanted. He worked with Desiree ** who was also terrific. When we called or emailed them with any questions, we got replies within minutes, not hour or days! From start to finish, this was fast, professional, and I can honestly say the easiest mortgage or refinance we have ever done! Thank you Alex and Desiree, I would without hesitation refer friends and family to J.G. Wentworth and directly to Alex.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I recently completed a home refinance with JG Wentworth. I was especially pleased with the service I received from my loan officer Andy **. Rates and terms were great. No hidden fees. Calls and emails were answered quickly. Using their secure website to upload supporting documents and provide signatures was simple and convenient. Everything ran smoothly and timely. Thanks Andy!

Hi Douglas,

Thank you for your kind words and for choosing us for your mortgage. If we can help again in the future, just let us know. Thanks, Jeff

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

When others were unwilling to help/guide us, locally or answer our questions, we got a return call from David ** via Lending Tree and the process began. A point of concern from the beginning was, "How is this going to work long distance?" Yet our experience was nothing short of amazing and in a short time I heard my wife say, "Is that it? We're done?! All that's left is the closing?" Words cannot express our appreciation for everyone's hard work at J.G. Wentworth getting this completed, especially David and Brian. We truly felt we received personal service. And it didn't hurt that things went our way that were out of your control! Thank you for your kindness and professionalism!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Worked with Andy on a refinance cash out loan and all the details and transactions went as described in the time frame. He answered all my questions, in a timely manner, did not pressure in any way my loan, (like the other big loan companies did when we started to look for a loan just to get a rate plus many call backs 3 to 4 a day ugh), no extra emails to pressure sales and a .375% lower with no extra points like the others wanted, and even got a discount by using my Costco membership, all around best service you could ask for. Start to finish 31 days. Thanks again Andy.

Hi Rick,

We appreciate the positive feedback and thank you for choosing J.G. Wentworth for your financing.

Best,

Jeff

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

That was first house I bought, and also the first time I heard about JGW. I got very good rate from JGW. The best service I got from Mike and processing team made me come back to JGW again after 2 months to get another mortgage for my parents' house.

Hi Thuy,

It was a pleasure working with you and we appreciate the recommendation. Best of luck! Cheers!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Mike did a great job helping us with our loan. We had a very short closing time, and he was able to accommodate all of our needs, giving us the best rate and even extra money off of our closing costs. He was professional at all times and he was always very honest about the process and what was needed.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending response

Glad to be of assistance! We appreciate the positive feedback regarding your mortgage experience with JG Wentworth. It keeps us motivated!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Mr. Jay **, senior loan officer with J.G. Wentworth Home Lending was one of the most brilliant, efficient, patient, compassionate, and trustworthy individual that we have had the pleasure to do business with in a long time! Additionally, we had a similar experience with other personnel of his team, Ms. Shanta **, processor; From the initial contact with Mr. ** until the finish line, he was articulate with an extraordinary ability to juggle a variety of tasks that are involved in the loan process with an impeccable follow-through paying close attention to a myriad of details. A true professional with the highest of business standards!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Refinancing is NO fun unless you randomly find a guy like Mike ** to handle it for you! I had tried a year earlier to get refinanced, but my credit/debt stood in the way. I took a year to pay some things off, clean things up, figuring I'd try again later. I thought the simple solution would be to go with the bank who already held my mortgage (BofA), since they had extended me an offer to "let us help you take advantage of historically low rates." So, I started the process in January with BofA, lots of promises and smiles up front, then... nothing but headaches, miscommunications, duplicate requests for same documentation, multiple people contacting me who seemingly had NO idea what their counterpart had told me, slamming my credit score, claiming they were "doing the best that could be done anywhere" with my credit story. All this was despite having paid on time for YEARS and having a ton of equity in our home.

We finally got to signing day in April! I was so frustrated and spent, I just wanted it to be over, so I almost settled for less money than I needed at a rate barely less than I already had, with fees far above what was originally quoted. I called on the way to the signing to cancel the whole thing. In comes Mike **. I had inquired somewhere online and he happened to reach out right about then. I could barely stand the idea of going through all that again, but I took his call. After talking to him for two minutes I knew I was going to work with him. Think of the exact opposite of that last story.

Mike was ONE guy, asking ONE time for everything he would need from me, he handled the whole process with grace, expertise, humor and ease. Including wrapping up the whole deal (with more money out, at a lower rate with lower fees) while I was out of the country! I think the whole thing took about a month, just a couple days after I got home from my trip he sent a notary to my home, we signed, and voila! Next thing I know I had a check in my hand. Now I'm sitting in my gorgeous new kitchen! If you need to refi, seriously, do yourself a favor and call him! I am a real person, a client he landed from an internet inquiry, not his friend, never met him, he just KNOWS how to do his job well, and make the nightmare of a refinance seem more like a dream.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending response

I’ll let the team here at JG Wentworth know of your satisfaction. You’ve helped make our day, and the feedback is greatly appreciated. We’re proud to offer low rates and an easy mortgage process for great people like you.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I refinanced my mortgage through J.G. Wentworth and the process was relatively painless. Michael ** responded to calls and emails very quickly and had the information that I needed. The paperwork was handled either online or through a notary that came to my house, so that was very convenient. Overall, I'm happy with the experience.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Over our years as homeowners we have never experienced such a pleasurable experience as we did with Pam **. A friend recommended Pam with rave reviews and compliments, so we entered into the conversation with Pam at ease. The complete process from application to closing was seamless. With our past loans the financing process got complicated and delayed. We never knew who was working on our loan or if anything was being done on it – Ultimately we needed to initiate contact just to see if our loan was still in the works.

That was not the case with Pam, she kept us updated throughout the complete time with both emails and phone calls. We were never in the dark as to where our file was and the next step we could expect. Her weekly emails with things we should avoid doing throughout the loan process were very informative (i.e. do not make random large deposits, do not make large purchases before discussion with her etc.). She kept everything on track and we appreciate her expertise and guidance. We will absolutely call Pam with any future financing options. And just like we were introduced to Pam through a friend we will pay it forward and recommend her to all of our friends.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

About a month ago I applied to J.G. Wentworth for a home loan. A young man, name of Jeremy **, returned my call and took me through the process of obtaining said loan. Jeremy is friendly and upbeat, happy at his job and knows his job thoroughly. It was a great pleasure doing business with Jeremy **!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

It was a pleasure doing business with Michael **, He was always so patient and helpful whenever I called him. Michael is an exceptional person, I had full confidence in him and actually he made my experience with the loan a good one. Michael is an asset to your company, yes indeed I will recommend him to family and friends. Please thank Michael for me and let him know how much I appreciated his help. You are lucky to have Michael!!!

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending response

I’m thrilled to hear that the J.G. Wentworth team was able to provide you a smooth financing process and make your life a little easier. Thank you for your positive comments. Be sure to let us know if there is anything else we can do to make our mortgage experience even better.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

This by far was one of the best experiences that I've ever had. After my dealings with Michael **, I feel as if we have known each other for a long time and I trusted that he had my better interest at heart. After refinancing my home I kept the same payment and reduced my term seven years. I would recommend Michael to anyone who needs assistance in a loan. Way to go Michael ** and J.G. Wentworth!!!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Mike ** of J.G. Wentworth was great to work with for our loan refinance! He got us the best interest rate and the company is honest and seamless. Everyone in the company was easy to contact and very pleasant. The loan was processed quickly and we are happy with the results.

Hi Elaine,

We appreciate the kind words and are glad Mike was able to provide great service. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything in the future. Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

My husband and I decided to refinance our home. We checked with quite a few lenders and found J.G. Wentworth had the best interest rates. We worked with John **. He was very professional and did everything that he said he would. Whenever I called with a question or a concern, he would stay on top of it. I gave J.G. Wentworth 5 stars. They earned my business and will have it in the future if I ever need them again! Thank you John ** for everything! You did an awesome job!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Working with Natalie ** and Jennifer ** was ideal. They were both exceptional in every aspect. They were thorough, professional, knowledgeable and efficient. They were accessible at all times and if I had to leave a voicemail, I had a return call within a few minutes. There wasn't a question they didn't answer and explained everything down to the minutest detail. It was wonderful to work with such competent and delightful people. I will highly recommend your company, especially these two individual, to anyone I hear of that is looking for a mortgage or refinancing.

Hi Patricia,

We're happy to hear that we were able to provide you a smooth financing process and make your life a little easier. Thank you for your positive comments. Jeff

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Everyone I talk to and worked with were real nice and easy to talk to. They were easy to talk to on the phone, John and all the others, made sure I was comfortable, with my refinance. I would recommend them to anyone that needs help with a loan. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I truly appreciated the Mortgage Refinance that J.G. Wentworth accomplished. Especially their Loan Officer Dan ** who did all he could to assist and support the entire loan process. My thanks Dan and All at J.G. Wentworth.

Ronald,

Thanks for the kind words! We welcome the opportunity to work together again, should you need us. Cheers!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

We have been trying to get JG Wentworth to pay on both our lots that they financed in February 17. I have logged 26 hours dealing with the call center trying to get this accomplished. But alas again the tax people here in Michigan have put a lien on our home. 26 hours on the phone is a long time, trying to explain to some idiot what needs to be done, then having to do it again and again and again. Now again in September. Thus no more mortgage payments to JG. They will go into an escrow account until they turn the tax/insurance escrow account over to us. Then I know the taxes will be paid.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

Tucker ** talks a good talk and sounds like he knows what he's doing but when you actually apply for the loan nobody there seems to know how to get it done. This was such a small easy loan on a tiny vacation house with someone who's had a job for 29 years, perfect credit and no debt! First we had to change the closing after they failed to get everything done in time so we were kind enough to extend it an entire week and they still couldn't get it done. Nobody noticed they forgot to ask for all these documents so the day before closing you're asking us for all these documents they should've asked for three weeks previous.

And then the appraisal never got done! Three weeks after they requested the appraisal everyone assumed it was done. It's still hadn't been picked up yet by an appraiser. The morning of the new closing Tucker tells the lawyer that we're ready to go for 1 o'clock so my poor husband loads up a gigantic truck and drives an hour and a half in the mountains before I call and tell him to turn around. The lawyer never got any of the documents that needed so there was no way we were going to be able to close at one or two or three. It's as if J.G. Wentworth has never done a mortgage before. Don't waste your time falling for the good interest-rate, trust me it's not worth it if they can't get it done!

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending response

Hello Michelle, thank you for taking the time to write about your unfortunate experience. We apologize. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and regret it deeply when customers experience anything less. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please contact me at 484-434-2286. Best, Jeff

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

Annmarie did a great job in explaining and clarifying questions I had during the entire refinance process. She was readily available when I needed to get in contact with her, even during after hours. She walked me through the process the entire way, which I truly appreciated. Although there were a few hiccups along the way, due to several requests of forms that had already been provided to others, and my home not appraising for what we were expecting, and having to pay a fee, overall the end result of receiving the cash out and interest rate I was expecting turned out as planned. I would highly recommend Annmarie because she is honest and reliable, and made me feel comfortable and reassured. I would recommend that J.G. Wentworth minimize the numerous amounts of documents they request from customers. I felt that it was overkill and unnecessary. The process took so much longer than I had ever experienced before in a refinance.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I'd like to take a second to call out Brian ** from the Phoenix region. Brian helped and processed my refinance for my vacation property in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. Brian was great. He stayed on top of the processes and kept me informed the entire time. I felt like he was more of a friend guiding me through the process and not a loan processor. Please let Brian know I appreciated his efforts, but more importantly, please let his superiors know that he was instrumental in assisting me through the process. He deserves proper recognition.

Original review: April 19, 2017

We worked with Richard ** from pre-approval to closing on our new house in Potomac MD. He had helped us with refinancing another property a few years ago and our wonderful experience working with him brought us back to JG Wentworth for our new house. He was extremely professional, patient and always willing to answer any and all questions that we had along the way. Working with him was always a breeze and he made the overall process look simple. Overall customer experience - outstanding!

Original review: April 19, 2017

Ian made this process so easy and pleasant. He was professional and explained each step so that the two of us worked together to get my refinance in place. Thank you, Ian, for your patience and great customer service! I will recommend you to my family and friends.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending Company Information