Call toll free
4.28/5
Based on 150 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending is a direct lender with highly competitive mortgage rates, an easy application process and exceptional customer service.

Mortgages made easy and affordable

Putting you first is the thinking that drives the J.G. Wentworth Home Lending client-friendly mortgage program.

Super low interest rates

Count on mortgage rates that are very competitive – and with no “gotcha” points or hidden fees. Use our online calculator to see how little you could be paying.

The mortgage you need we most likely have

Buying a home, rental property or vacation home? Refinancing an existing mortgage? We can help with loans that include:

· Fixed-rate and adjustable-rate mortgages

· FHA loans with a low down payment

· VA mortgages with no down payment

· And more

Simplicity

Our application process is easy and fast. This time-saving process starts with a free, no-obligation quote delivered to you in minutes.

Trust

We have an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau, and our parent company, J.G. Wentworth, has served the community since 1992. Together with these assurances of quality, check out the many testimonials from customers just like you.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending is an Equal Housing Lender. NMLS # 2925. We do not provide legal, tax or investment advice. Please visit our website for more information on State Licenses and Disclosures.

View More View More

180 J.G. Wentworth Home Lending Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 19, 2018

I had the pleasure to work with Jesse ** on securing a mortgage for our new home. He was absolutely fantastic! He made the process easy and was always very responsive. Jesse was perfect and deserves a raise!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 14, 2018

DO NOT USE THIS LENDER unless you want your credit highly impacted. Honestly, we had four done on one day alone by this company. We had recently refinanced our home with another lender to add my husband and change my name on the deed. This took us approximately 17 business days. We were finally contacted by J.G. Wentworth regarding our original inquiry to them. This should have been a warning, but we didn't see it.

They offered us a good lower rate (with a 30 day lock) and in writing stated several times this would be easier and fast. They advised they would have the loan closed by 07/01/2018 (a Sunday) but meant 07/02/18. So this is where the problems begin. Complaints: 1. Between them and some subcontracted company, they did more than 8 hard credit pulls on our credit. There were some where multiple pulls were done on the same day by both entities. Not necessary as nothing changed. 2. Their performing so many hard pulls has resulted in our credit rating plummeting. We are now having to dispute with the three credit bureaus that these are all duplicate pulls.

3. They were two weeks past their stated date. 4. We are past the date of funding and cannot get a response as to whether the loan funded on time. The original lender is indicating no payment has been received. 5. The loan processor is rude. The underwriter doesn't understand various documentation they receive and cause delays while explanations must be provided (which most of us understand). 6. Our Loan Consultant has been vacant for much of the issues and delays. Only when we notified them we were going to cancel did she again reengage for a very short time. She is again absent.

We sent all of our documentation needed to them on 06/06/18. We received a request for this same information on 06/13/18. Immediately within 2 hours of receiving the request responded that we had already sent and uploaded these documents on 06/06/18 with the exception of one small item (HOA statement). We sent all of the documents to this loan processor yet again on 06/13/18.

Later we were advised that the loan couldn't be processed until after the documents were received and they hadn't been requested until 06/13/18 so they wouldn't have been able to process anything for at least the 5-6 days it would have taken us to compile and send. We had to point out to them they should have started working on the documents as early as 06/07/18 or 06/08/18. They then had to acknowledge they had not paid attention. At this point we asked if our closing and ultimate funding would be delayed. We were still not advised of any change as they were working hard to catch up.

(Synopsizing) After multiple times where we were asked for over and over for the same documents, we were finally able to get J.G. Wentworth to provide a closing date and funding date. Of course the closing date was when were had a planned out of town trip over the July holiday. In order to not lose our lock in or delay further we were forced to cancel our plans and sign documents on a Saturday. (The notary was great - however isn't an employee of this company.) If we had been informed of the true timeline we might not be as unhappy, however there is no reason they needed to perform so many credit pulls.

Now we are past the funding date and no one will respond and the original loan doesn't appear to be paid off. Results: 1. We still don't know if loan has funded and prior lender paid off. 2. Our credit is currently impacted by all of the many credit pulls performed. 3. Funding was not fast nor easy. 4. We are nervous about receiving payment instructions prior to the first payment being due. This company may have a good BBB rating, but that can only be because folks are so frustrated they don't file complaints.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending response

I’m truly sorry to hear about your unsatisfactory experience. We’re known for exceptional customer service, so please accept my apologies for missing the mark. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please contact us at 484-434-2286 to speak with a manager.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 12, 2018

ZERO! Do not use them! Ramon **, Wilson **, Corey ** and Jared ** are the worst and horrible at their jobs. They dropped the ball on so many accounts. Made a $10k change without my authorization. Gave us misinformation. We going to charge a $3400+ fee for a lock extension. Called me a liar. Told us the appraisal was good to go, only to find out 2 weeks later that it wasn't and they had known that for that whole 2 weeks without telling us. Almost lost the deal. Tossed the appraisal out, wouldn't refund it. Had to jump to another company and pay $1k for a rush appraisal. Worst customer service ever! No caring, no compassion, no sympathy and no deal! Totally ruined our relationship with the seller and we had to put down $5k more earnest just to get an extension to close with another company.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending response

Thank you for taking the time to write about your unfortunate experience. We apologize. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and regret it deeply when customers experience anything less. We would like to discuss your situation further, and ask you to call 484-434-2286 to speak with a manager.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I just refinanced with J.G. Wentworth and would not recommend them. Right before the closing I'm told my house only appraised for 305,000 when even Zillow has it for 337,000. The appraisal had the wrong amount of rooms, wrong amount of bathrooms, wrong heating system for my in law attached apartment. And they used comps from one year ago. So now I have to pay 4400, or drop the loan amount and pay 2200 or up the interest rate by 1/4 percent. I asked for a new appraisal due to the fact that there was so much incorrect info and they refused. Convenient huh??? So now I'm knee deep and if go with someone else it would be months. I have had about 10 mortgages in my lifetime always with local banks. NEVER had this happen. So lesson learned. I will never go with a mortgage company again.

I'm selling my house next year so I went with it. I will be paying the mortgage off and will never use them Again! Plus there were numerous mistakes. Some man's name was on all my checks. It took them 3 times to get his name off. It was ridiculous. Now today I get a check for the escrow telling me my taxes are paid and this is the refund. I call the tax office and NO my property taxes were not paid.

Original review: July 3, 2018

We would highly recommend J.G. Wentworth. Mr. ** was very helpful and always available to answer our questions. He took the time to explain the process and if he didn’t know the answer he would definitely find the answer. He was enjoyable to work with and patient.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending response

Thank you for your kind words and for choosing JG Wentworth Home Lending for your financing. If we can help again in the future, just let us know.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about J.G. Wentworth Home Lending?

Original review: June 29, 2018

After weeks of sending personal information, spending money on appraisal, correspondence, time invested, phone calls, making changes to your ins. policy and misc., deal wasn't completed. I decided to walk away from this Mortgage Lender. They weren't completely transparent on the deal and the delivered information. Proposal figures keep changing and increasing. You need to be an accountant to understand where they make the figures change. They want you to just focus on lowering your mortgage payment, but on their end, they are making more money as the cost of the loan starts at one amt. and when you receive the final docs., the total loan cost amt. would increase. If the customer is desperate as they are for sure you will close the deal and pay the high price.

The beginning of their conversations are very smooth ones, later on they get very aggressive and desperate. They want you to act in a rushing mode because they want you to sign docs. Proposal starts in line with other lenders (cost approx $ 7K fees & prepaid for a $ 200K loan), later on it increased to $ 11.5K ($ 4.5K more). Just Crazy!

For me, it was a learning experience. Just because you are speaking with someone really nice on the other end, that doesn't mean that they are the nicest, truth-worthy person looking after your interest (the true interest is for them to make tons of money from you and pretending that they are helping you). It's a business and they are trying to obtain as much money possible from you in a way that isn't too clear for you (numbers don't add up) or as for the discrepancy not easy to identify.

Only, when you issue a question, you will receive the answer as of why. But, they wouldn't advise you of the increment in cost and allow you to make a decision in regards of continuing with all the processing (very draining process). Managers are worse than sales reps. They pretend and try to fool you stating, "I'll definitely help you", however, they have in place the same sales technique (trying to make you sign docs. in a rush and now at a higher rate). Underestimating the intelligence of their customer (no integrity).

Original review: June 22, 2018

When shopping for a home mortgage J.G. Wentworth Home Lending was giving me the best online rate. I received an email right away and the next day a Senior Loan officer from JG Wentworth called me. His name is Craig **. He verified the rate and got us started. Craig went over every aspect of the loan process from documentation and credit requirements to various mortgage options. I knew he had our best interest in mind as he recommended a loan that would fit our needs. We asked many questions and Craig was extremely knowledgeable and patient. It was like talking to a friend.

During the few weeks it took to process the loan and set up the closing Craig was available at all times. Nights, weekends, vacation, you name it. He was always proactive and communicated every aspect of the process. This was the smoothest mortgage loan process I ever experienced. Everyone we spoke to at JG Wentworth were professional and extremely helpful. Rosemary **, our loan processor was very nice and a great communicator. I would highly recommend JG Wentworth Home Lending. Our experience with Craig was first rate and I am going to refer friends and family in the market for a home loan to him and JG Wentworth.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I would like to say that I am highly frustrated, disappointed and shocked on how this company conducts business; specifically its underwriting. This experience was supposed to be better than then my last new home loan experience that was a 45 day mess. I picked this company based on the company’s “internet” reviews received and the average time it took to close on a loan was within a three weeks period. It was my fault for not looking closely because a lot of the negative reviews came from “Texas” and specifically JGW “Underwriting”.

Whoever is looking at getting a “Cash Loan” for home repair and consolidation, which is similar to an “Equity Loan” but most cash loans don’t have to pay closing costs upfront or it’s rolled into the loan. Some Equity Loans if you go through a credit union don’t have to pay closing costs and are covered by the Credit Union depending on the Amount of loan.

I ended up going with the Credit Union as you will see and didn’t have to pay for an appraisal based on the amount of the loan and utilized an Automatic V.M. calculation. (Automatic Appraisal sorry don’t remember what it stands for) but it calculates nearby listing of homes based on the same square footage of your home and sales. Definitely look into Equity Loans and look at the review for JGW Underwriting which is pretty bad. I also advise that if you have an older home or acreage (like mine 5.01 acres) with an agriculture exemption (wildlife) to think about considering an equity loan.

First of all, I was not warned about issues of having an older home with a Cash Loan through Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac, (a lot of strict stipulations from what I heard afterwards), a lot of the home repairs would have to be conducted first, as I was informed by Lead/Supervisor Billy **. Luckily none of my repairs were major but still time consuming and costly; having a six month newborn and my wife who is disabled put a definite strain on trying to get items fixed and a strain financially. I would have liked to have known this prior to moving forward as I might not have chosen to get the Cash Loan knowing the risk and the payouts I would have to do prior to the getting a loan.

This house was inherited by my wife, and was gifted to me to place me on the deed with her name, and was almost 40 years old. Again the purpose of the cash loan was to help with consolidation and home repair; why would I get a loan that I would have to fix a majority of things prior to getting the loan. I audit correctional facilities for a living and utilize discretion as well as follow Texas standards but I make sure that the spirit of the standard is being applied and this was not done by the underwriter at all. The brief edited version of the story, I had acquired all the necessary paperwork, and the loan officer submitted this to the underwriter for approval. I provided all my documentation and responded with Letters of explanation within less than 2 weeks of original start of my application on 3/16/18 and was supposedly closing on March 30th as I was assured; and my credit had been built up to good standing.

Secondly, I had to get a third party appraiser ($450) so that took about a week to schedule based on the appraiser’s schedule (3/20/18) and was written and submitted on (3/28/18). Information was submitted and I was informed initially that underwriting would not get to it till after the March 30th because of their schedule; I’m sorry we all have schedules but having to wait over 4 days for them to review was unacceptable. A supervisor in underwriting was urged to review on (3/30/18) and noted several deficiencies, and would not allow the closing. The underwriter was asked for items to be fixed. Some items I did agree with due to safety reasons: (Temp. Fence around pool, fixing back steps with rails – even though that door was going to be replaced with siding).

Other items I didn’t agree with: Fixing Red shed support, for which was not even on the appraisal report as an issue but I replaced with all concrete support from the original wood and concrete supports already in place. The second item I didn’t agree with was the dining ceiling which I had removed as we had a torrential rain and high winds which were unusual about a year and a half ago and fixing the roof and a drywall hole in a ceiling. Again this is a 40 year old house. I did not want to replace the dining ceiling due to the cost and because by chance if it rains and leaks and argued I didn’t want to “fix” the roof. I wanted to “replace” the roof, which I had a roofer already provide me an estimate prior to them asking and was fortunate enough to have him write a letter stating the roof was in good repair and no signs of leaks.

I argued with the underwriter as the initial appraisal value already had taken into consideration these deductions in value of about $7,000. I submitted letters of explanation to the underwriter but still requested all those items be fixed and I fixed them after being told immediately on the weekend and were completed on (04/09/18). I submitted all pictures of repairs and underwriter stated the back porch needed two rails and not just one so I had to complete that on about (4/12/18).

As part of the underwriter’s original request he had asked that I move two trailers which he deemed Manufactured/Mobile homes. I argued it was a construction job site trailer and travel trailer and provided supporting documentation. I was told by the loan processor Wayne ** that underwriting wanted to make sure that it was not being rented or used for additional income. The pictures I submitted verified they were dilapidated and the construction trailer had no rooms or plumbing; but the underwriter still wanted it moved. I argued even with the Supervisor Billy ** who agreed that it was pretty dumb request, because the underwriter was still claiming it to be a manufactured/mobile home. I asked do they ask this with anyone that owns a travel trailer on their property… No good answer was given that made sense, but I moved the dilapidated trailers off of my property.

The third issue, from the original underwriter's review was from a footnote that the appraiser had included. I had spoken to the appraiser and mentioned that a Barn on the other side of my property might be on our property but wasn’t sure due to being possibly a newer survey. The underwriter saw the note and wanted a new survey; I argued this and was able to contact the original surveyor who still worked at the same company and stated that the survey I had 2008 was the most current verifying that the barn was not located on my property. This information and the original survey was submitted to underwriting along with a letter of explanation attesting that the barn was not on my property and provided copies of the original survey along with Google maps that shows property lines based on county information. The division of property lines matched my original survey and was a waste of another week arguing with the underwriter.

I had to then wait for the survey and to find a surveyor that would conduct a survey and accept payment after loan payment was made to me. The survey was conducted on 4/30/18 already a month later and a total of (6 weeks) time. The survey was unnecessary and delayed the loan closing and also cost $1100.00 USD. Finally, after all this was done and of course the information that I provided to the underwriter the first time was near exact to what the new survey showed. The surveyor was asked to state where the barn was but he stated that because the barn was 30’ outside of my property line it was not included on the survey. So anything on the survey if it’s not on the survey it’s not on the property. There was enough evidence to support the barn was not on the property without incurring the additional cost of another survey.

Finally, the approval was given by underwriting to go ahead with closing and my wife and I signed electronically closing disclosure provided by (Kimberly **) on 05/01/18 and closing was tentatively set for 5/04/18 as we had to have a required 3 day period before closing. I contacted Wayne by e-mail on the morning of 5/2/18 to confirm closing procedures and stated that we did meet deadline to close on 5/4/18 and he would get with me that afternoon to go over details of closing. I waited till about 4:30 p.m. and still had not heard anything so I called him.

The Fourth issue, when speaking with Wayne, he stated that underwriting had missed something. I told him I thought it already had gone through underwriting?? He stated that the title/deed needed to be titled (6) months prior to closing in my name. My wife added me to the deed (Deed of Gift) in December 2017 and the paperwork was filed with the county clerk on 18 January 2018 (almost 5 months). Wayne stated that because I haven’t been on the title for 6 months I would have to wait until 6/8/18 to be qualified for the “Cash Loan”. I was in utter shock to be (2) days from closing and having signed closing disclosure for closing and tell me I had to wait for another month. I had no words on what to say. Wayne stated he would look into this as I was going to confirm when I was added on title.

After explaining to my wife what happened, going through the nightmare of many hoops we had to go through and then told I was closing on 5/4/18, and then to be told, you were not going to be closing, was just unfathomable. There have been five people who have looked at my file (Wayne ** - Loan Processor, Billy **- Team Lead, Jacqueline **- Sr. Loan Processor, Kimberly ** - Closer, and the INFAMOUS – Underwriter) and this was not identified until (2) days before closing and after closing disclosures were signed.

Fifthly, My wife and I looked into the Fannie Mae rules or guidelines, which do state it has to be in title for 6 months but the next day I spoke with my credit union Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union (RBFCU) regarding Home Equity Loans. I explained my situation and stated that they could still process an Equity Loan if the title was “gifted” or “inherited” to me. On the deed it states “Deed of Gift” from my wife.

Sixthly, I had to provide this information to them as I provided it to Wayne to run through the underwriter and he would get back to me. Mike did call and stated he did review the Fannie Mae Guidelines and stated that it did state, “If it was gifted or inherited” and he would provide this to the underwriter. Lastly, Mike called me back several hours later to inform me that the underwriter provided his definition for gifted: “Awarded” and something to the effect of being given as in a divorce or direct Inheritance.”

Shocked again that the Fannie Mae Guidelines state “Inherited and gifted” and the deed states the property was “gifted” to me and yet the INFAMOUS Underwriter states “Gifted” really means “Awarded” from a divorce. I would like to know why the underwriter’s definition of gifted is so different from other lending institutions. Is there a standard for the terms definition that can be shown to us or this merely the underwriters own interpretation.

I sent an email to all parties involved: (Wayne ** - Loan Processor, Billy ** - Team Lead, Jacqueline ** - Sr. Loan Processor, Kimberly ** - Closer, and the INFAMOUS UNKNOWN – Underwriter), and that I would like for this to be looked at in the light that as “gifted” as what the deed shows, as it was gifted to me and meets the special requirements to be less than six months as what the Fannie Mae Guideline stated per Wayne. I would hope to hear from someone immediately to help move this forward and bring to resolve and closing.

I never heard anything from anyone; I canceled my application with Wayne and applied for a home Equity Loan with RBFCU and closed on loan within three weeks utilizing the exemption of having the property deeded to me as a gift as it states in the deed and not having to wait for six months. All I can say is no one stood up for righteousness and the underwriter who screwed up in the beginning dictated everything and lost business transaction that was easy when everything was provided in hand to them until the underwriter made personal opinions.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Had a great experience. Walter ** was incredibly helpful and available which is sometimes the most frustrating part. He answered phone calls late at night, early in the morning and on the weekend. He was honest, and has my best interest at heart. It was my first home and he spent a lot of time. Answered a lot of questions that I’m sure seemed trivial to him.

Original review: June 18, 2018

The process with J.G. Wentworth I'm particular Justin ** was a very thorough and precise process. Mr. ** was upfront with all the documentation and what was expected during closing. My realtor stated this with the smoothest process during any of her closings. Excellent job. Great work. My family and I TRULY appreciate and thanks Mr. ** and J.G. Wentworth.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending response

I’ll let the team here at J.G. Wentworth Home Lending know of your satisfaction. You’ve helped make our day, and the feedback is greatly appreciated. We’re proud to offer low rates and an easy mortgage process for great people like you.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I appreciate how easy she helped made this process. Alexandra was very prompt in answering any of my questions and I appreciate all of her help! I went through this process with another company earlier this year and had nothing but trouble from day one. It took forever and ended up wasting my money on an appraisal because they couldn't give me a farm loan. Once I turned to J. G. Wentworth, I was steered in the right direction and was able to get things done in a quick but efficient way. I would totally use them again for my loan needs!

Original review: June 11, 2018

When I first came across J.G. Wentworth I thought it was a gimmick or some sort of business that advertised their rates to attract customers to never hear back from them. Well... I was so wrong. I can spend days writing how happy I was with my experience with this lender and loan officer Alexandra **... but wanted to keep this short so that consumers like me in the future can be better informed and make a good decision. I shopped around for the best rates (Rocket Mortgage was among them), but no one came close on the rate nor the closing cost like J.G. Wentworth. And to my surprise they stuck to their rates as they said they would! I know that sounds surprising and crazy... but nowadays businesses don't stick to their word and/or probably change the terms of their agreement (like charging you points and fees that you don't even know about).

When I got in contact with them, I spoke with Alexandra **. Again thought I was never going to hear back from them ever... She was the most amazing loan officer I have ever experienced (and I have done many real estate closing 15+). She was always there a phone call away when I needed her help. She listed her cell number on her signature and even took calls over the weekend/night when I needed her help.

If you are shopping for a lender and a great loan officer... don't hesitate and go with J.G. Wentworth and Alex. They will do a fantastic job... I can honestly say they would. I don't like writing reviews much... but wanted to share my story in this forum so others can benefit. The only thing I ask is that you write a review after your experience - which will be nothing short than amazing!! For me... well I ended up with a great rate, extremely low cost for closing (even my closing agent said the same thing) and most importantly... I ended with a friend: Alex. Thank you so much for taking care of us Alex... I appreciate all you did for me and my family.

Original review: June 1, 2018

JG Wentworth is an amazing company to work with. Magali ** made our process seamless and easy to navigate through. Any questions we had she immediately responded and made sure our issues were resolved and if there was any explanation she was sure to communicate that for us. She always had our best interest in mind. I would recommend JG Wentworth for all your mortgage needs, especially if you can work with Magali.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I was extremely happy during the refinance process with Shayar (Shy) ** from your organization. He was so accommodating and made himself available for all of my questions along the way. The process was stress free and seamless and I cannot say enough good things about his professionalism and knowledge surrounding the entire refinancing process. I will definitely be recommending him to my friends and family and will work with him in the future should I EVER need any other loans/refinancing in the future. Please pass along my thanks and appreciation to Shayar (Shy) **.

Original review: May 22, 2018

While needing to refinance, I tried a couple other lenders before calling J.G. Wentworth. I'm glad I did call them because they we extremely helpful throughout the entire process. They did everything they could to get me the best rate and made sure I was always informed and comfortable making decisions. I definitely recommend using them to friends and family.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Mike ** went above and beyond to help with the refinance process. He was attentive and very prompt with the approval steps. Instead of the regular market lenders who want to run your credit first and then say sorry, he listens to your situation, advises on how to get approved and is not pushy. For everyone looking to refinance please give Mike a call, you will not be disappointed. Thank you Mike, will be calling you for our next buy!

Original review: May 14, 2018

I have (2) mortgages with them. Almost $1M. Getting a hold of a live body can take HOURS. Getting them to fix an error on their part IMPOSSIBLE. One person threatened me if I didn’t pay something from THEIR error they would report me to a credit bureau. Stay away!!! Worst Customer Service. Steer clear. They love you in beginning.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I was hounded by JG Wentworth after filling out a form online. I couldn't get a hold of the original person by the name of Blake ** but another person named Russell **. I advised that I didn't think it was professional that he take over my account but due the phone cutting out I didn't get all of Blake's phone number so I went ahead with Russell. He is a fast talker, literally and figuratively. He was constantly saying that he would call me back within a few hours, email me an update within 30 minutes. IF I did get a call or email from him it was around 9 pm when I was through for the day. I found myself having to call him and leave messages when I didn't hear from him in a week. Blake finally got a hold of me and I got his phone number. Twice I asked him to please take over my account because of issues with Russell.

I faxed all the information needed to Russell and after promising me that he could get an IRRRL, he did a bait and switch recommending a conventional. And never got the email he offered suggesting options. I left a voicemail for Blake telling him that all bets were off with Russell and he could take over the account once and for all or nothing. Apparently, it's nothing. I wasted a month of my time when I could have very easily gone to another lender and had my refinancing completely by now. I can honestly say I can't recommend them and will not use them in the future.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I cannot say enough about the team I worked with to complete my first mortgage. Grady ** was a wonderful resource and truly went out of his way to accommodate my schedule and explain each step of the process along the way. We were able to close sooner than anticipated and everything went according to plan. I can't say enough about Grady and those I worked with to make my first home purchase a reality. I highly recommend working with JG Wentworth and Grady in particular.

Original review: May 10, 2018

Never again will I get a mortgage from J.G. Wentworth. I have had 11 mortgages over the years. Getting the loan from them was one of the better experiences. Talking to and getting service was the worst. Until things change, I will not get another loan or recommend them to anyone. Check the ratings on Cenlar, their servicing company. The worst you can get.

Original review: May 8, 2018

We were very satisfied with the entire process of the refinance of our home mortgage. Everyone was extremely courteous and knowledgeable. Michael ** was a pleasure to work with and always responded back to me in a timely manner. I would definitely recommend him to my family and friends. This was our second experience with J.G. Wentworth Home Lending and I would do it again if the need arose.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I was foolish to conduct business with J.G. Wentworth Home Lending to purchase a new house and I am telling you my story so you will not make the same mistake. Do not do business with J.G. Wentworth as they proved to be incompetent and unresponsive in getting their primary task completed - closing a home loan on time. I began the application process over two months before we needed to close on a new house (I had to wait to lock my rate-two months before closing.) They were not able to deliver the paperwork to the closing attorney on time.

To rub salt in our wounds on closing day the closing attorney tried over and over to get in touch with our loan processor and no one returned their call-all day. We were supposed to close our loan at 4:00 pm on Friday and when all parties arrived at the closing attorney’s office they had not heard one word from J.G. Wentworth concerning our closing package. Needless to say the people we were purchasing the house from were furious and we were out on the street for three days (it was Friday.) We incurred over $3800.00 in expenses and loss of wages, not to mention the embarrassment and anxiety they caused us. Everything we owned was in a locked house we did not own. J.G. Wentworth offered us a remediation gesture that does not begin to cover the loss we incurred as a result of their utter ineptitude and lack of corporate and personal professionalism.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I had a great experience working with Craig ** of J.G. Wentworth Home Lending, LLC. I shopped for rates and fees pretty hard comparing various refi options (ARM, 15 and 30 yr fixed) to a home equity loan (HELOC). I plan on moving in a few years so Craig was very patient and helped me think thru and calculate the best value across the options I was looking at (e.g. 5 yr all-in cost compare of 5yr ARM to 30 yr fixed to a HELOC). YAY! The electronic document submission was fast and easy even for a low tech salt and pepper guy like me! Rosemary was very helpful and followed up on any of the details needed. Everything was done and closed under 30 days! Thanks Craig!

Original review: May 5, 2018

Going through the refinance process has been such a pleasant experience. I was very hesitant to start the process knowing how much is involved with the whole process but dealing with Nicolas ** has been wonderful. He has been there from start to finish and exceeded my expectations as far as a loan rep. Thank you Nick!!!

Original review: May 4, 2018

Shayar was great, always following up and answering all my questions. The whole process was quick and easy; I would highly recommend J.G. Wentworth to friends and family, or anyone who's looking for a refi on their home.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I just did a refinance with JG Wentworth. It was how a refinance SHOULD go. It shouldn't be painful or long and it wasn't. Amanda went above and beyond to help me with my refinance and answered all my questions PROMPTLY. I would absolutely recommend JG Wentworth for your mortgage needs. So glad I went with them to get this done. Ask for Amanda!

Original review: May 1, 2018

I just refinanced my home with J.G. Wentworth. Amanda ** was my loan officer. If you ever need a home refinance or new loan please contact her. She was the most amazing loan officer I have ever had the pleasure to work with. I was kept informed every step of the way. There were no unexpected surprises and everything was taken care of in a timely manner. She is so knowledgeable and efficient. Amanda made sure I understood everything and answered all my questions. I highly recommend her and J.G. Wentworth.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I have just completed the process of obtaining a Home Refinance Loan through J.G. Wentworth. During this process I had the extreme pleasure of working with Nicholas ** as my loan officer. Not only was Nick open and friendly he was extremely attentive to my thoughts and concerns and kept me updated at each step of the process. I wouldn't say that he made the experience almost painless, he actually made it painless.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I had a pleasure working with Shayar ** as our loan officer. He was very responsive, knowledgeable, and he delivered what we agreed to upfront. The process took less than three months, we had a bump in the process but Shayar help us through it. Shayar is very professional, and he call us back in a timely manner. I would recommend him to family and friend.

Original review: April 26, 2018

After speaking with many potential lenders, we chose Jesse and J.G. Wentworth because he was not pushy, was able to give us accurate numbers within minutes and had an overall friendly and professional attitude. He made himself available to answer all questions in a timely fashion and was helpful throughout the entire process. We would highly recommend Jesse ** to anyone looking to refinance.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending expert review by Michele Lerner

This financial company offers a variety of services, including home loans. It is licensed to offer mortgage products in 40 states. It is a direct mortgage lender

• Financing options: Consumers can get conventional, FHA, VA and USDA loans from this company. The company offers both fixed and adjustable rate loans and HARP loans for refinancing.

• Online quote: Interested homebuyers can fill out a short form online to receive a quote for their home loan. The form does not require any personal financial information.

• Calculator: The website features a mortgage calculator to help consumers estimate how much their monthly payment might be. The calculator breaks the payment down showing how much will go to principal, taxes and insurance.

• Live chat: Interested consumers can chat with a company representative online. Consumers don’t need to provide anything other than their email address to chat with a representative.

• Best for: homebuyers, homeowners who want to refinance and real estate investors.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner

Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending Company Information