4.79/5
  • 1 star
Based on 87 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending is a direct lender with highly competitive mortgage rates, an easy application process and exceptional customer service.

Mortgages made easy and affordable

Putting you first is the thinking that drives the J.G. Wentworth Home Lending client-friendly mortgage program.

Super low interest rates

Count on mortgage rates that are very competitive – and with no “gotcha” points or hidden fees. Use our online calculator to see how little you could be paying.

The mortgage you need we most likely have

Buying a home, rental property or vacation home? Refinancing an existing mortgage? We can help with loans that include:

· Fixed-rate and adjustable-rate mortgages

· FHA loans with a low down payment

· VA mortgages with no down payment

· And more

Simplicity

Our application process is easy and fast. This time-saving process starts with a free, no-obligation quote delivered to you in minutes.

Trust

We have an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau, and our parent company, J.G. Wentworth, has served the community since 1992. Together with these assurances of quality, check out the many testimonials from customers just like you.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending is an Equal Housing Lender. NMLS # 2925. We do not provide legal, tax or investment advice. Please visit our website for more information on State Licenses and Disclosures.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 11, 2017

87 J.G. Wentworth Home Lending Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

My loan officer was Michael **. He handled a dual re-financing for me. Michael was very knowledgeable and professional in his dealings with me. He kept me apprised as the re-financing progressed. He always returned emails or phone calls very promptly. I would highly recommend him for one's financing needs.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending response

We appreciate the positive feedback regarding your mortgage experience with J.G. Wentworth. It keeps us motivated!

Jeff

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Shayer ** did an outstanding job with my loan. Answered all questions, exhibited amazing patience, and was professional through and through. If you get Shayer as your loan officer, you'll be very lucky. Thanks so much.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

When shopping for a mortgage refi this past November, I was in an undesirable conversation with a loan broker and decided to try LendingTree on the side. I quickly regretted that decision too, because my phone and email started erupt with lenders. But I took a chance on one email from Jesse ** at JG Wentworth mainly because Bankrate ranked JGW very high.

Finding Jesse's email and talking to him by phone was truly a Godsend in the murky world of refi shopping. Jesse's demeanor immediately had me at ease on the phone, because none of the slick salesman feel was evident - he was better than that by just being honest, transparent, and informative. And he often went out of the way to ensure I fully understood different aspects of the refi comparison process and eventual loan we would go forward with. I never once felt that any particular loan option would be more favorable for him than any other either In the end, I feel I got the loan I wanted, not the one best suited for him.

Jesse was always available by text, phone, or email whenever I had a question, and after all the family financial goals conversations we discussed, it would be hard for me to not consider him a new friend in the business. Please consider him for reward or recognition. Jesse, if you see this message, thank you again for being laid back yet professional in working with us. God bless you and yours this Christmas.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I needed to refinance. I put out some info requests online. All the replies were automated except for Tim. I called him back. He never made me feel bad about my situation. I always felt that he was in my corner. I was able to get the whole refinance done in about 3 weeks. He was professional and respectful. I would do business with him again.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Our loan officer did not deliver on multiple promises. He has tried to blame both myself and the notary that was sent to our house to sign our loan for the issues. I would not recommend working with Jon ** from JG Wentworth.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending response

I’m truly sorry to hear about your unsatisfactory experience. We’re known for exceptional customer service, so please accept my apologies for missing the mark. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please contact me at 484-434-2286.

Jeff

How do I know I can trust these reviews about J.G. Wentworth Home Lending?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

Mr. Shayar ** was exceptional. He listen to my needs and my wishes and Then he delivered above and beyond my greatest expectation. I want to lower my interest and get cash out of the property. He deliver: from 8.625 to 4.00%, Cash 31,000.00 then he was able to pay off my Credit Card Balance 3,4000.00 and paid off another loan 11,000.00. So you see he exceed my expectation. He is a credit to the JG Wentworth organization.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

Nicole contacted me when I inquired about a refinance for my home. My in the past two years my work situation had changed and refinancing was very important to me. Nicole gave me several options. Nicole got me the mortgage I need. She made it easy and seamless!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

We recently completed our mortgage with J.G. Wentworth and Andy ** was our loan officer. Andy was absolutely fantastic to work with during the process. He was available to us every step of the way. Our loan was complicated and Andy stayed patient and diligent all the way to the finish. We were pleased with the service and really appreciated working with someone like Andy.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Thoroughly professional, responsible, and delightful to work with. I very much like the way they do business, in spite of a few bumps in the road, which included adverse rate change, some repetitiveness that was considered unnecessary, and a lower than expected (although understandable) appraisal report. I would highly recommend them to my good friends.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Shayar did a fabulous job guiding me through the refinance process. He was on top of everything, kept me informed, was very responsive and made the whole experience very easy. I was amazed at how quickly my refinance went through. Thank you!!!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I have financed dozens of properties over 40 years - as a lender AND borrower. $20,000 second TD's to $13.5 million HUD apartment loans. JG Wentworth is my second worst financing experience. The loan officer was competent and communicated well, but the underlying staff was a disaster! Incompetent processing; lost documents, repeated faxes and emails, inability to understand the written word, failure to give complete detail on documents requested. Underwriting couldn't see the forest, because there were too many trees in the way. Almost six weeks from initial contact to loan doc's. Their errors/lack of knowledge cost me 1/8th percent on rate and 1/8th point loan fee EXTRA! They made me create phantom taxable income in order to qualify for underwriting. Overall, just a horrible experience. I did a subsequent cash-out refinance loan with another lender and we FUNDED 23 days after application.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Tucker Mayfield is outstanding, trustworthy and a very patient lender! I've done multiple mortgage transactions in the past and when it comes to getting a mortgage, it's not just about getting the best rate, although that's important, it's who you work with. We had the pleasure of working with Tucker at the recommendation of my realtor. Not only did we secure the best rate, it was a fantastic experience. Tucker delivered both in knowledge and clarity (he'll respond even on vacation and evenings), and will guide you through everything with GREAT attention to detail. Nick is energetic, personable, and went above and beyond in ensuring our loan closed in a timely manner. We are definitely happy with our purchase. I highly recommend that you make Tucker Mayfield one of your FIRST contacts when looking for a home loan.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Grady ** was awesome and very knowledgeable. I was amazed at the difference in the cost from the other companies to this one. We closed in 30 days as I was told. I would Highly recommend Grady ** and JG Wentworth. Awesome staff.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Andy was great to work with. Quick response and great work. I would definitely recommend JG Wentworth and especially Andy to friends and family for their mortgage needs. We closed on time, with the best rate, at the lowest cost of all other quotes. Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

We feel that Justin worked "overtime" to ensure that my wife and I were completely satisfied with the VA Cash Out Refinance terms at the close of the transaction. We commend Justin on his professionalism and will always be willing to refer him if the opportunity arises.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

It was a great pleasure to work with Mike **. Mike assisted me every step of the way in my loan process. Mike is friendly, was always available to answer questions and provided excellent customer service. I went with a VA cash-out refinance and got a great rate from J.G. Wentworth after Mike explained all of the options available to me. I will definitely recommend Mike and J.G. Wentworth to all of my family and friends looking to refinance their home loan.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

In late September I started the process of refinancing our mortgage. I submitted inquiries to three major home finance companies and eventually said no to all three mainly because they were not interested in my needs but more so in meeting their quotas. One actually got upset with me when I said "no" to his offer. I had read good things about J. G. Wentworth and reached out to them expecting more of the same treatment. Boy was I wrong. Within minutes of me hitting the send button the phone rang and I was connected to Michael **. Mike listened to my request, offered suggestions but most of all he put me at ease. Let me add that I was with Delta Air Lines Corporate Customer Care for over 30 years. I know when someone has my best interest at heart and I also know when someone is just putting in their 8 hours.

Mike puts forth a sincere desire to see that J. G. Wentworth's customer's needs are meet with the utmost professionalism. Our refi journey with Mike started on October 2 and we closed on October 30 with an attorney coming to our house for the closing. 28 days may not be a record but it sure beats the 45 day quoted by other companies. This whole process was made possible by Mike's guidance and encouragement to submit the required documents in a timely manner. None of this would have been possible without Mike's genuine and sincere effort to meet my needs. And please let me add that Kia ** was a delight to work with. Another bright star at J. G. Wentworth. I highly recommend J. G. Wentworth and especially the team of Mike and Kia.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

PHENOMENAL EXPERIENCE. I now know the home buying process is very overwhelming. I cannot rave enough about Adam **! I did not think my loan agent would play such a huge role. I was skeptic about using an online lender. Adam was committed to my home search. He was available around the clock. My real estate deal went through on a Monday night at 11PM. Adam was patient and took the time to explain every detail (more than once, if I asked) of getting through the loan process. Adam went above and beyond, he helped me factor in costs of potential home improvement ideas and scouting out the best insurance options. From our initial phone call I felt like I was in good hands. Adam was genuinely committed to earning my business. It would be an honor to refer him to a close friend or family member. Many thanks, Adam!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Outstanding experience! Robert ** (loan officer) was a pleasure to deal with from start to finish. He took the time to give me any information and options I needed to make an informed decision. He maintained contact and was quick to respond. Most of all... Robert was easy to work with.. very professional yet not all business. I truly felt comfortable and felt he was a straight shooter. When asked, Robert ** will be the guy I refer people to!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I received a call from Jay ** and I was in the process to refinance with my bank. Jay asked me if I could hear what he has to say and I agreed, from there on it has been nothing but an excellent experience in the quality of service and relation regarding the process. Jay really took the time to find the best program for my needs and kept me informed of the progress and in half of time and with substantial savings from the offer my bank did. I completed the process and the closing was painless and expeditious. I will recommend your company and Jay personally to anyone that I know that is thinking about doing any kind of financial business to your team. FIVE STARS TO YOU ALL!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Nicole was Fantastic to work with. I can't say enough great things about her. Of the many great services she provided, I really appreciated her honesty, extremely quick response time, patience (for my redundant questions) and the constant positive responses. She really took the time to explain every question that I had. At one point, I thought she would get annoyed by me, but she remained so positive and encouraging. She's THE BEST and I have already recommended her to a friend of mine.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

My experience with JG Wentworth was outstanding. Chevon ** was with me every step of the way and she was superb. In addition, JG Wentworth's rate totally blew away the competition. Richard ** was also extremely helpful and awesome as well.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Mortgage Re-fi - It was a very smooth process. Jay ** kept us informed and let us know what we needed to do. It was easy to get on the secure site and upload documents. We would recommend Jay and JG Wentworth to friends and family. Thanks!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Justin was the absolute BEST! He was very thorough, fast with EVERY SINGLE EMAIL, personable, knowledgeable, honest, and JUSTin everything I could ask for with a very successful application right down to the closing!?? If he did not know the answer, it was a co-worker away??? Every surprise was positively and financially wonderful! Know I have the utmost respect for this young man. He is a great asset to his company. The referrals will start rolling in Justin so get ready Mr. Justin!?? Call Justin in his Office at **??? A pleasure to work with. Even during my finals! Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Refinancing with J.G. Wentworth was a positive experience. My Loan Originator, Chevon **, was responsive, always kept me up to date, professional and made the entire process run smoothly from start to finish. I would highly recommend him.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

My personal experience with Jeremy ** was nothing short of phenomenal. He was very professional as well as knowledgeable about the entire loan process. I would and have recommended Jeremy to friends and family that are planning on going through this journey as I have. Thank you so much Jeremy and the J.G. Wentworth's amazing loan team.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I used LendingTree to narrow my choices for a refinance and cash out on my existing home mortgage. I wanted and received excellent support from my Senior Loan Officer Adam **. His knowledge and ability to assist me helped me complete my application in a very quick and efficient manner. He made the sometimes complicated processes easy to understand and navigate. Adam kept me informed as my application was processed and approved and followed up to make sure I was fully satisfied. This is my first time using J.G. Wentworth but not my last... Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

My experience with JG Wentworth was excellent. My contact, Mike **, deserves most of the credit. He was knowledgeable and helpful throughout the process. I explained to him what I wanted from my refinance and Mike made it happen.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

My first experience refinancing without the love of my life who had recently passed away. Andy was professional, patient, compassionate and knew exactly how to communicate the information for me to understand. Immediately responsive and consistently provided excellent customer service and never waver during my several moments of frustration. I highly recommend him as a trainer or peer mentor for J.G. Wentworth.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Great overall experience. They were able to close on my purchase in 30 days. Very informative company and I felt like I was always their main priority. Great company. I would recommend them to anyone.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending Company Information