4.17/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending is a direct lender with highly competitive mortgage rates, an easy application process and exceptional customer service.

Mortgages made easy and affordable

Putting you first is the thinking that drives the J.G. Wentworth Home Lending client-friendly mortgage program.

Super low interest rates

Count on mortgage rates that are very competitive – and with no “gotcha” points or hidden fees. Use our online calculator to see how little you could be paying.

The mortgage you need we most likely have

Buying a home, rental property or vacation home? Refinancing an existing mortgage? We can help with loans that include:

· Fixed-rate and adjustable-rate mortgages

· FHA loans with a low down payment

· VA mortgages with no down payment

· And more

Simplicity

Our application process is easy and fast. This time-saving process starts with a free, no-obligation quote delivered to you in minutes.

Trust

We have an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau, and our parent company, J.G. Wentworth, has served the community since 1992. Together with these assurances of quality, check out the many testimonials from customers just like you.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending is an Equal Housing Lender. NMLS # 2925. We do not provide legal, tax or investment advice. Please visit our website for more information on State Licenses and Disclosures.

View More View More

289 J.G. Wentworth Home Lending Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 20, 2019

I wanted to give a big thank you to your team at JG Wentworth and especially Mike **. My first mortgage refinance was a bit tricky (appraisal came in lower than I had expected) and I was unsure of the refinance process. With such a big decision, I wanted to make sure I was informed and made the right choice. Mike took the time to answer my seemingly endless amount of questions and explained the process to me in a way that was easily understandable. This really helped establish a level of trust with me and left me feeling confident that I was making the right decision. After the low appraisal, Mike was able to help me secure a great rate and closing terms. Overall, I am very happy with the service. I'd gladly recommend anyone else looking to refinance to call up Mike ** and JG Wentworth!

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I worked with Magali ** of J.G. Wentworth recently while shopping for a new house loan. She was excellent to work with and I am writing a review even though I decided to go with a different lender for my loan, for reasons out of her control. But, my experience was good enough that I would recommend her to friends and family in the future and to write a review: Magali was courteous, professional, responsive, helpful, knowledgeable and treated me with respect and integrity. She spent time going over multiple options for my loan, and gave open and honest information and feedback on the terms and limits of each loan.

She actually had the best rate for the 30 yr fixed Jumbo loan which I ended up with, but let me know that closing usually required up to 45 days with this particular underwriter who offered the best rate. She could have kept me strung along to get my business and potentially left me in a bad state if the loan couldn't close in time, but she did not. I was not able to extend my closing date with the seller, which is why I had to take another loan from a local broker. So you will not be disappointed in working with her!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I had the pleasure to work with Laura ** at JG Wentworth during our most recent closing on a home. She was always there to answer anything I needed either by phone or e-mail. She took the time to go through all of the details of how the process worked and ways I could help save money on my end. Even the Senior Loan Processor Amy ** was very polite and quick to let us know what documents we needed to submit or whether she had received it. I have closed on a few homes in the past, and some of the loan officers were not the best at responding to any questions or able to give us detailed answers to what was needed. We were able to close on time and with very little work necessary on our end. I would more than likely work with Laura and Amy in future loans.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Mike ** was fantastic to work with. I think the thing that impressed me the most was his candid and honest nature that he approached the call with. We shopped around for a refinance and he guided us through the search process, encouraging us to compare and contrast. On the contrary, the other companies I called, including my current mortgage provider, tried to hard sell me and told me I would not find anything cheaper than them. J.G. Wentworth ended up with the lowest closing costs and had the best interest rates so we decided to go with them but I ultimately, I felt comfortable after my numerous conversations with Mike. He was always available by phone or text and would always get back with us. We are definitely giving Mike a call when we make our next move in 8 months!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I chose J. G. Wentworth because they were offering the best rates. I was lucky to be assigned Mike ** as my loan officer. Mike was always available to answer my questions - which I had many because I had never applied for a mortgage before - and coached me through a lot of the processes. He even responded to a frantic call I placed while he was attending a funeral! My closing date kept getting delayed, but Mike stuck with me, helped me to save money, and even negotiated an extra day at no charge on my rate lock extension when it looked like my closing would be delayed again. It was a pleasure to work with Mike and if I need to refinance in the future, I hope I'm able to get him as my loan officer!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about J.G. Wentworth Home Lending?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Mor ** was more than helpful, always available, and very patient. He actually initiated my new loan, alerting me that I could get a lower interest rate, and could save money on the cost of the loan in the long run.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

For starters, my credit score is about 800, so you'd think an easy process, right? Well, where to begin? I was transferred loan officers in the middle of the process and given bad pricing on how many "points" were agreed to in a refinance. The closing disclosure came back wrong and created an even further delay. I have still yet to close, but am praying it happens in the next few days.

Oh... want to actually talk to someone? Well during the "sales" part of the process, they are SUPER helpful and warm and fuzzy. Once they have you in the process, they don't even bother to reach out. In the last 3 weeks, I have had to initiate every single discussion to understand what is going on and how they plan to fix my issues. Yet still I wait for response. If you still have time, run away as fast as humanly possible!!!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Mr. Jesse **, NMLS #**, was an excellent communicator and extremely thorough and prompt in his responses. His professionalism and ability to clarify items made us feel that we were being well served in the loan process. I would and will recommend him to my acquaintances. He is a great ambassador for J.G. Wentworth.

Gary and Joyce

Original review: July 31, 2019

Nicole is simply amazing. She helped us every step of the way with our refinancing. She is very knowledgeable, professional and kind. We are extremely pleased with her and highly recommend her. Nicole is top notch.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Jeremy ** is one of the best loan officers I've ever dealt with he kept me posted on the best possible interest rate. He was professional, personable, and did whatever he could to help assure a good experience. He was always available, and incredibly responsive to my questions. He made my refinance a good experience, even when faced with adversity. Highly recommended!

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending expert review by Michele Lerner

This financial company offers a variety of services, including home loans. It is licensed to offer mortgage products in 40 states. It is a direct mortgage lender

• Financing options: Consumers can get conventional, FHA, VA and USDA loans from this company. The company offers both fixed and adjustable rate loans and HARP loans for refinancing.

• Online quote: Interested homebuyers can fill out a short form online to receive a quote for their home loan. The form does not require any personal financial information.

• Calculator: The website features a mortgage calculator to help consumers estimate how much their monthly payment might be. The calculator breaks the payment down showing how much will go to principal, taxes and insurance.

• Live chat: Interested consumers can chat with a company representative online. Consumers don’t need to provide anything other than their email address to chat with a representative.

• Best for: homebuyers, homeowners who want to refinance and real estate investors.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending Company Information