3.96/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending is a direct lender with highly competitive mortgage rates, an easy application process and exceptional customer service.

Mortgages made easy and affordable

Putting you first is the thinking that drives the J.G. Wentworth Home Lending client-friendly mortgage program.

Super low interest rates

Count on mortgage rates that are very competitive – and with no “gotcha” points or hidden fees. Use our online calculator to see how little you could be paying.

The mortgage you need we most likely have

Buying a home, rental property or vacation home? Refinancing an existing mortgage? We can help with loans that include:

· Fixed-rate and adjustable-rate mortgages

· FHA loans with a low down payment

· VA mortgages with no down payment

· And more

Simplicity

Our application process is easy and fast. This time-saving process starts with a free, no-obligation quote delivered to you in minutes.

Trust

We have an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau, and our parent company, J.G. Wentworth, has served the community since 1992. Together with these assurances of quality, check out the many testimonials from customers just like you.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending is an Equal Housing Lender. NMLS # 2925. We do not provide legal, tax or investment advice. Please visit our website for more information on State Licenses and Disclosures.

View More View More

262 J.G. Wentworth Home Lending Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 15, 2019

I have received the best service from Mor and the team at J.G. Wentworth. I've refinanced many times over the years with different companies so I know what the experience is. The personal connection, attention to detail, and speedy processing made this refinance truly exceptional.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Nicole was a pleasure to work with. Responsive, thorough, professional. From the initial estimate to closing, Nicole got us a very competitive rate and was patient with our endless questions. She was also careful to coordinate with all parties from brokers to title companies and never left us feeling uneasy or mislead. If you need a mortgage, Nicole is the person to help you.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I worked with Mike ** for the refinance of my home. He was extremely helpful and timely through the whole process. The website for uploading documents made it easy as well. Thank you for such a great experience.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I work a lot so my wife called J.G. and spoke to (Mark). Everything seemed okay until the conversation moved towards recasting the loan after we received it. They said the loan would have to be 100k and we could give back 60k and recast bringing our monthly payment from 500$ to 200$ a month. We then ask if we could get the recast in print, electronically or otherwise, as part of the contract and then (Mark) became quite hostile. He said, "No one does that, in our research we found that some companies will do that but they might charge a fee, or not."

(Mark) called my wife the next day (4/2/19) and told her he could put it in writing but he doesn't want to because she's too (WISHY WASHY) and on the fence. (MARK) then hung up on my wife. PERSONALLY! I COULD NOT TRUST A PERSON OR COMPANY THAT COULD NOT PUT SOMETHING SO SIMPLE IN THE CONTRACT. SO SIMPLE! Called Wells Fargo, 3.75 equity line loan. Talked to Samir, could Christian man. God works in mysterious ways????

Original review: April 2, 2019

I just completed a refinance with Mike **. Mike was professional and courteous at all times whether speaking over the phone or via email. Everything went very smooth from start to finish without me even having to leave my own home or travel anywhere to sign/deliver documents. I would definitely use Mike ** and JG wentworth in the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about J.G. Wentworth Home Lending?

Original review: March 26, 2019

I recently had the pleasure of working with Jesse ** to refinance my condo. From the first day to closing Jesse kept me in the loop. We had a few few stumbling blocks but, Jesse was very persistent to make sure that I had the refinancing that worked for me. I am very happy with the whole process. Great job Jesse and happy to be a JGW customer.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I just wanted to say that Jesse ** was a huge help to us in our first home purchase. I had already been in contact with another lender and was not having a good experience when I applied with JG. When Jesse responded to the application he was super easy to work with and answered all our questions and was totally transparent in how the process worked. Jesse stayed on top of everything and always communicated with us to let us know what was needed and what was happening next. I'd definitely recommend JG to a friend after our experience!

Original review: March 21, 2019

Jesse went out of his way to help me understand the entire loan process from start to finish. He actively reached out to keep the loan process moving while addressing my skepticism and concerns, and instilling confidence. He spent many hours working with me and guiding me through every step. He explained all of my options and helped me to make an educated decision on the loan terms. By working with Jesse and JG Wentworth, I saved thousands of dollars compared to local lending institutions. Jesse always acted professionally and courteously. I would definitely recommend anyone to work directly with Jesse.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Wilson ** did a good job with the application process and getting a good rate. The wheels fell off as soon as our file was handed off to Caroline ** for document processing. She immediately asked us for a ton of documents, most of which we had already submitted as part of the applications process. She didn't review any of the existing material. We had to constantly badger her to make any progress on the file. Ultimately, she didn't even begin to arrange for an appraisal until 3 days before the scheduled closing date (which they knew about for 8 weeks). We missed our closing date. JGW gave us some credits to compensate for our troubles but I would have rather had a competent document processor.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I worked with Magali ** of J.G. Wentworth recently while shopping for a new house loan. She was excellent to work with and I am writing a review even though I decided to go with a different lender for my loan, for reasons out of her control. But, my experience was good enough that I would recommend her to friends and family in the future and to write a review: Magali was courteous, professional, responsive, helpful, knowledgeable and treated me with respect and integrity. She spent time going over multiple options for my loan, and gave open and honest information and feedback on the terms and limits of each loan.

She actually had the best rate for the 30 yr fixed Jumbo loan which I ended up with, but let me know that closing usually required up to 45 days with this particular underwriter who offered the best rate. She could have kept me strung along to get my business and potentially left me in a bad state if the loan couldn't close in time, but she did not. I was not able to extend my closing date with the seller, which is why I had to take another loan from a local broker. So you will not be disappointed in working with her!

Original review: March 12, 2019

I have no complaints, Mr.Walter ** was very professional. The process was very easy, Mr. ** explained everything step by step. When we had questions he explained everything to the fullest. Whenever I called and left messages he always returned my calls. Thank you Mr. ** for help, kindness and understanding.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Walter was very easy to work with, and he was not pushy like many other lenders we spoke with. He responded quickly to questions, and made sure to let us know about an affiliation with Costco, that allowed us to get a lower rate with our Costco membership.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I had to constantly ask for updates, go weeks and all I hear was crickets. I was told several times I was clear to close and at the final hour kept coming up with new BS. The final straw, got an email that I was clear to close Thursday morning, got a call from the closing attorney, then an hour later Loan officer called me saying they could not verify my income! What, why the heck did you clear me to close. Horrible experience over the last three months and now I have to start all over again. Untrustworthy and no communication to the borrower. I would not recommend.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I recently purchased a house and had J.G. Wentworth handle my mortgage. The reason I did this was I previously refinanced and Jesse ** did such an exceptional job with it that when I decided on this purchase I knew exactly who to call. Jesse is professional at all times and is really attentive to detail. Always there for help no matter the time of day. He's a real asset to your company.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Spent two months and 600$ of my own money on things that were needed so we could close the loan. I did everything and supplied everything they needed. Ted my original loan officer was fantastic and was there whenever I had time even Sunday nights.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

After extensive research I had narrowed my list to two companies. The loan officer I was working with was friendly and helpful. I was upfront about getting quotes from more than one company. In the end I chose another company and the following day I received a call from J G Wentworth's retention department. The man I spoke with was aggressive, rude and would not take "no" for an answer. I had picked two good companies and could have easily gone back to them had I not been disrespected. He seemed taken aback when I suggested they switch their sales tactics and give the customer their best quote from the beginning. He was unprofessional in the derogatory way he spoke about the other company. Once I started to disagree with him and expressed that I felt he was being aggressive, he quit listening to my attempts to improve their customer service. He then hung up on me.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Our experience in selling, closing, buying and closing on our new home was handled by JGW, loan specialist, Megan ** and we are shocked at what a smooth process it was. Megan was very professional, and very clear in all of her communications. The entire process was a very pleasant experience, and we could not be more satisfied with JGW and their representatives, Megan **. 1000% satisfaction.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

J.G. Wentworth provided the most pleasant experience and best customer service during my Mortgage Refi. I wasn't originally thinking about refinancing my home, but then I received a promo e-mail from Costco and decided to call and learn more about my options and qualification requirements. Loan Officer, Julie **, was by far the most responsive and knowledgeable professional I had ever worked with. She walked me through my different options and helped me through the entire process to make sure my loan was approved and funded. I would 110% recommend this company to anyone. If you're considering to refinance, use J.G., you won't regret it!!! Good luck Sincerely, happy customer!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

This was a wonderful experience. It took less than a month to close. Detailed information on any questions asked. Jesse was a great, well knowledgeable loan officer and I can say I am now debt free with the exception of paying my Mortgage. Best decision made and now I can fulfill my financial goals to save more.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I applied for a loan and received a pre-approval. Then I was quoted various fees that were higher than what was initially quoted. I submitted all my proof as requested AND sent an email stating that I did not want to be charged for appraisal until approval was certain. I was charged $450 for appraisal and told the loan agent made a mistake and doubled income I stated on my input of information on their end. It took a month and half to even get a solid pre-approval and they kept increasing fees and interest rate over weeks for various BS reasons! Ultimately, I lost $450 for appraisal and didn't get loan approval even though I supplied exactly what I had stated initially to my loan agent. NOT A TRUSTWORTHY COMPANY and I would never use them for anything!!! Lost money and a property over.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I'm sure that everyone at JG Wentworth is great to work with. However, Megan was the only person that I ever had to talk to. She was very quick to respond to *all* of my questions and super supportive throughout the entire process. The hardest part was the waiting to close (nothing to do with the JG Wentworth side of things), but it was all worth it and with her help, it was possible. My family is so thankful!???

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

First I was told I'll be able to receive the loan. Spent $500 was told everything looked good. Waited a month. The whole time I have to call them with no response. I would receive a call saying the loan was not approved. Due to my overtime. I recently got a promotion at work but lost a month's worth of salary for training. I told my agent of this in the beginning of my loan process. Was told that would not be a problem. Now I have an inquiry on my credit report, wasted $500. When from the beginning they could have been honest with me.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I just completed a home refinance with Magali serving as my contact and agent. I could not be happier with her help and service throughout the process. She was professional from day one and kept me up to date every step of the way. She offered suggestions I had not thought of and made this process seamless.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

We just closed our refinance with J.G. Wentworth. Our Senior Loan officer was Ms. Rebecca **. She was extremely competent and was 100 percent available by phone, text or email any time of the day. She answered all of our questions before choosing J.G. Wentworth and made the process go very smoothly and quickly. I would recommend anybody looking to refinance to ask for her by name.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I have never had someone so committed to helping this loan process succeed as quick as possible. Jesse explained EVERYTHING to me so there was nothing hidden. I am very happy to have him help me through this process.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I had the pleasure to work with Laura ** at JG Wentworth during our most recent closing on a home. She was always there to answer anything I needed either by phone or e-mail. She took the time to go through all of the details of how the process worked and ways I could help save money on my end. Even the Senior Loan Processor Amy ** was very polite and quick to let us know what documents we needed to submit or whether she had received it. I have closed on a few homes in the past, and some of the loan officers were not the best at responding to any questions or able to give us detailed answers to what was needed. We were able to close on time and with very little work necessary on our end. I would more than likely work with Laura and Amy in future loans.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Megan was awesome! Very responsive and informative. I was given several options to lower my mortgage before closing. When I had a question she was one text or phone call away. In the process, I received some unexpected news and asked if it would be possible to close within several weeks so I can fly out. Needless to say it got done. Besides sending documents, I didn’t really have do much. The process was painless.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

We had a wonderful experience with Jesse **, NMLS #** Sr. Loan Officer. He is very professional, articulate, diligent, and knowledgeable regarding the refinancing process. He was able to take our application, gather necessary documents, and schedule the closing of our refinance in three weeks! We highly recommend his to anyone interested in refinancing their home. We are very grateful for his efforts and expertise!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Megan ** from JG Wentworth was very professional and personable person to work with. She explained everything to me from the beginning to the end in the process of refinancing this loan. She helped us reduce our extremely high mortgage payment to a much lower payment that is more manageable. Our experience was incredibly painless and wonderful. I would highly recommend Megan. I appreciate all the hard work and courtesy that went into the refinancing of this loan.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I was interested in refinancing and was speaking with Russell **, Senior Loan Officer, Woodbridge, VA. I was not finished with my application and specifically asked that my application NOT be submitted until after the weekend had passed so I could go over things on Monday before submission. Never heard from him on Monday, I assume he was off. Although I thought he had given me his cell number, no response to my messages until Tuesday. Anyway, the application had been submitted by then, even though I asked that it not be until he and I went through it together. My credit score took a five-point drop due to the hard inquiry that I had asked not to do until we got together after the weekend to finalize it. Frustration for me means that I will look elsewhere when I am ready to refinance or buy another home.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending expert review by Michele Lerner

This financial company offers a variety of services, including home loans. It is licensed to offer mortgage products in 40 states. It is a direct mortgage lender

• Financing options: Consumers can get conventional, FHA, VA and USDA loans from this company. The company offers both fixed and adjustable rate loans and HARP loans for refinancing.

• Online quote: Interested homebuyers can fill out a short form online to receive a quote for their home loan. The form does not require any personal financial information.

• Calculator: The website features a mortgage calculator to help consumers estimate how much their monthly payment might be. The calculator breaks the payment down showing how much will go to principal, taxes and insurance.

• Live chat: Interested consumers can chat with a company representative online. Consumers don’t need to provide anything other than their email address to chat with a representative.

• Best for: homebuyers, homeowners who want to refinance and real estate investors.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending Company Information