4.06/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending is a direct lender with highly competitive mortgage rates, an easy application process and exceptional customer service.

Mortgages made easy and affordable

Putting you first is the thinking that drives the J.G. Wentworth Home Lending client-friendly mortgage program.

Super low interest rates

Count on mortgage rates that are very competitive – and with no “gotcha” points or hidden fees. Use our online calculator to see how little you could be paying.

The mortgage you need we most likely have

Buying a home, rental property or vacation home? Refinancing an existing mortgage? We can help with loans that include:

· Fixed-rate and adjustable-rate mortgages

· FHA loans with a low down payment

· VA mortgages with no down payment

· And more

Simplicity

Our application process is easy and fast. This time-saving process starts with a free, no-obligation quote delivered to you in minutes.

Trust

We have an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau, and our parent company, J.G. Wentworth, has served the community since 1992. Together with these assurances of quality, check out the many testimonials from customers just like you.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending is an Equal Housing Lender. NMLS # 2925. We do not provide legal, tax or investment advice. Please visit our website for more information on State Licenses and Disclosures.

View More View More

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending Reviews

Original review: May 20, 2019

I wanted to give a big thank you to your team at JG Wentworth and especially Mike **. My first mortgage refinance was a bit tricky (appraisal came in lower than I had expected) and I was unsure of the refinance process. With such a big decision, I wanted to make sure I was informed and made the right choice. Mike took the time to answer my seemingly endless amount of questions and explained the process to me in a way that was easily understandable. This really helped establish a level of trust with me and left me feeling confident that I was making the right decision. After the low appraisal, Mike was able to help me secure a great rate and closing terms. Overall, I am very happy with the service. I'd gladly recommend anyone else looking to refinance to call up Mike ** and JG Wentworth!

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I found Nicole ** through Lending Tree. I had multiple people email and phone me after my inquiry, however Nicole stood out in both her email and message. I screened the people and many sounded like they were brand new Loan officers or they were too aggressive. Nicole was very professional and I decided to give her a call, I am so glad I did. She has been very professional as well and personable, which I value higher! We had a few bumps along the way that were in no way her fault, she helped clear them as quickly as possible and made the refi experience extremely pleasant. You will not be disappointed if you choose to work with her!!!

Original review: April 20, 2019

The experience buying my current home was filled with several ups and downs. Dealing with some of the companies along the way were nothing short of painful. JGW and the gentleman processing my loan, Mike **, were the only thing that was essentially stress free. One thing I really appreciated was having Mike's number so that when I needed help, I could get ahold of him easily. Prior to JGW, I used a loan company that all calls were routed through an automated process. When the call finally got answered, you were at the mercy and experience of whoever picked up the call. The personalized service and expert treatment of Mike and his team made this a positive experience and I would recommend JG Wentworth to anyone.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I worked with Magali ** of J.G. Wentworth recently while shopping for a new house loan. She was excellent to work with and I am writing a review even though I decided to go with a different lender for my loan, for reasons out of her control. But, my experience was good enough that I would recommend her to friends and family in the future and to write a review: Magali was courteous, professional, responsive, helpful, knowledgeable and treated me with respect and integrity. She spent time going over multiple options for my loan, and gave open and honest information and feedback on the terms and limits of each loan.

She actually had the best rate for the 30 yr fixed Jumbo loan which I ended up with, but let me know that closing usually required up to 45 days with this particular underwriter who offered the best rate. She could have kept me strung along to get my business and potentially left me in a bad state if the loan couldn't close in time, but she did not. I was not able to extend my closing date with the seller, which is why I had to take another loan from a local broker. So you will not be disappointed in working with her!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I had the pleasure to work with Laura ** at JG Wentworth during our most recent closing on a home. She was always there to answer anything I needed either by phone or e-mail. She took the time to go through all of the details of how the process worked and ways I could help save money on my end. Even the Senior Loan Processor Amy ** was very polite and quick to let us know what documents we needed to submit or whether she had received it. I have closed on a few homes in the past, and some of the loan officers were not the best at responding to any questions or able to give us detailed answers to what was needed. We were able to close on time and with very little work necessary on our end. I would more than likely work with Laura and Amy in future loans.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about J.G. Wentworth Home Lending?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

Our lending agent (Tom **) was recommended to us by our realtor who had closed many houses with him.  We we heard he was working with JG Wentworth, we felt very confident that we were in good hands for him to be working with such a reputable company. Total incompetence from the lender. We were asked for the same documents over and over. We were told documents we submitted were fine, and then asked to resubmit them. We were pushed off to his assistant because he was too busy to handle us, but knew he was busy when he took on our loan.

He wasn’t ready to close on time, didn’t understand the procedures and products he was selling us on. Misrepresented pertinent information to us. Assured us we would be fine to move in early because we were definitely closing and he would pay the difference if we didn't, then ended up costing us an extra $300 for our leaseback, as well as $300 in mobile notary costs that he also said he was paying for.

We were mistaken for other clients, sent information from other clients' accounts pertaining to their houses and purchases, and had a hard time getting in touch with him. On more than one occasion he would tell our agent it was our fault something wasn't on time, and then immediately tell us we were doing fine, it was the lenders or underwriters that didn't know what they were doing. He told us everyone else was messing up but himself. He will tell you everything is fine, it won't be, and he is somehow never to blame.

At one point, Tom called the title company that was handling our account and told their agent that JGW was a bad company, that they couldn't handle him and how big he was. He told them that he had too many clients for a company like JGW to handle and that all of the problems were due to their awful setup. On this same day, he called me to tell me I shouldn't have taken the word of a title company and that I shouldn't be calling his supervisor for help and that all of this was due to the Title company sticking their nose where it doesn't belong.

We were grateful that the Title Co was involved because they were the ones that warned us that we wouldn't be closing that Friday, as promised, or the Monday after that Tom assured us would be fine. Not a single person from JG Wentworth has tried to contact us, to apologize, or attempt to refund us for the notary we paid for after being told it was covered. When I called to get help and to complain about Tom, not one person even attempted to say "I am so sorry" or to comfort or aid us with our issues at all.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I applied for a loan with JG Wentworth, I spoke to Jesse **. He told me that there would be two scenarios based on what the house appraised for. AFTER I received the lower appraisal, he tells me that I need to give them $6000 dollars (I was never told about this beforehand). So now I"m out $485 for the appraisal, thanks for nothing. Don't use these guys, especially not Jesse **.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Mike ** and Russell ** were fantastic. They answered all my questions and returned all my communication in a timely manner. I originally contacted Quicken Loans but was soon upset with there high pressure sales mythology and flood of phone calls that I immediately looked elsewhere. JG Wentworth had high reviews so I decided to contact them. No high pressure to commit and no flood of phone calls. I think I made the best decision to go with JG Wentworth. Plus JG Wentworth's closing cost were substantially less than Quicken Loans.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Jeremy was excellent and very patient from the start to the end. He was always available even on weekends. He guided us through the whole process as well as assisting us with appraisals and the closing. Everything went seamless.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I start to work on Refinance my home loan with Bruce **. He's a professional, responsible, quickly answer any my questions at any time. He helped me done with the first important step to get the application, condition loan...etc done. After that, I worked with Magali **. And she's professional too. Quick answer your questions, hardworking to make everything done on time. I highly recommend both Magali ** and Bruce ** in case you want to get your refinance home loan done. Thank you J.G Wentworth so much to help me save almost $100k in my home loan with lower rate, best in the market!

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending expert review by Michele Lerner

This financial company offers a variety of services, including home loans. It is licensed to offer mortgage products in 40 states. It is a direct mortgage lender

• Financing options: Consumers can get conventional, FHA, VA and USDA loans from this company. The company offers both fixed and adjustable rate loans and HARP loans for refinancing.

• Online quote: Interested homebuyers can fill out a short form online to receive a quote for their home loan. The form does not require any personal financial information.

• Calculator: The website features a mortgage calculator to help consumers estimate how much their monthly payment might be. The calculator breaks the payment down showing how much will go to principal, taxes and insurance.

• Live chat: Interested consumers can chat with a company representative online. Consumers don’t need to provide anything other than their email address to chat with a representative.

• Best for: homebuyers, homeowners who want to refinance and real estate investors.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending Company Information