toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We worked with Richard ** from pre-approval to closing on our new house in Potomac MD. He had helped us with refinancing another property a few years ago and our wonderful experience working with him brought us back to JG Wentworth for our new house. He was extremely professional, patient and always willing to answer any and all questions that we had along the way. Working with him was always a breeze and he made the overall process look simple. Overall customer experience - outstanding!

Ian made this process so easy and pleasant. He was professional and explained each step so that the two of us worked together to get my refinance in place. Thank you, Ian, for your patience and great customer service! I will recommend you to my family and friends.

Priscila ** was a pleasure to work with. She made the loan process easy and was there every step of the way. She seemed genuinely concerned about what I wanted to accomplish on my refinance and was always there for me when I had any questions.

We had a great experience with our recent refinance through J.G. Wentworth! Fred is a very pleasant to work with, and he very thoroughly answered my abundance of questions. Fred and the processing team made sure that this was a smooth process. They went above and beyond to make sure that we were happy with our service. We definitely highly recommend J.G. Wentworth for any refinancing and mortgage needs!

Very professional and responsible in all communications concerning our loan information. Everything went without a hitch. Annmarie followed our process up with other staff members to make sure they had the information required. Annmarie is an asset to J.G. Wentworth.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about J.G. Wentworth Home Lending?

J.G Wentworth did a great Job. They helped me navigate through a lot of the processes and were very patient with me getting all my documents together. It worked out in the end, I got a great rate and knocked a lot of years off my mortgage. Thank you.

The service provided by Ian ** was really excellent. All the documents can be uploaded/downloaded online. It saves huge amount of time and is very convenient. The overall processing is very fast and customer friendly. I am strongly recommending J.G. Wentworth Home Lending, LLC for any loan services!

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending

I'll let Pam know of your satisfaction. You’ve helped make our day, and the feedback is greatly appreciated. We’re proud to offer low rates and an easy mortgage process!

Original review: March 24, 2017

Once we found Pam ** our refinance was the smoothest we have ever experienced. When Pam contacted me we were already working with another lender. That lender had virtually no follow-up contact with either my husband or myself until we received the phone call from him saying that 45 days was coming to an end and we needed to pay more money to keep the process going. I was devastated that we spent the money for the appraisal and were going to end up with nothing. That is when Pam phoned. She spoke with confidence and knowledge and assured me that she would communicate with us through the complete process. And, the cherry on the cake was the interest rate was so much lower than we had with the prior lender.

I was so anxious, but something about Pam brought calm to the storm. We started a loan with Pam, she was available to discuss all the steps and supplied weekly updates via email. We knew exactly what was happening with our loan, giving us comfort that this was going to happen. Our loan closed in 30 days. One additional benefit was that Pam followed up with us after the close of the loan. Making sure that we had the statement needed to make the first payment, with an explanation of what to expect next. I would not use any other loan officer and have referred family and friends to her. Pam is wonderful.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending

Thank you for your kind words and for choosing JG Wentworth for your financing. If we can help again in the future, just let us know.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

I used J.G. Wentworth to do a refinance and it was the smoothest refinance I ever did. My originator, Ian **, was the BEST, especially working completely over the phone and Internet. No surprises, straight up as proposed. I would recommend J.G. Wentworth to others.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending

Glad to be of assistance! We appreciate the positive feedback regarding your mortgage experience with JG Wentworth. It keeps us motivated!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

Thomas was of great help during the whole process and made it all go very easy. He was very detailed and attentive to all my needs and overall just a great experience and I would recommend him to friends and family.

Grady ** has provided outstanding service to me as I managed the process of our recent mortgage financing with J.G. Wentworth Home Lending. He took my calls and patiently guided me to the source needed as I completed the paperwork required. He was always knowledgeable about the details and gave me needed advice that saved me time and anxiety. I am very grateful that I was fortunate in connecting with him and forming a partnership with him in my first-time mortgage application.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your positive mortgage experience at JG Wentworth. I’m very pleased that our team was able to meet your needs.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

Super Mortgage Agent and company - I want to recommend to anyone looking for the best mortgage company in the market to contact JGW for a very quick and painless process. My agent Sheryl ** was the best, very professional, super efficient and great with communication. Have a bank that done business for 25 years and she was able to put them to shame.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending

I’ll let Grady know of your satisfaction. You’ve helped make our day, and the feedback is greatly appreciated. We’re proud to offer low rates and an easy mortgage process for great people like you.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

My experience with Grady, my loan officer, was as good as I could have expected. When everyone else was just sitting around wondering what to do, Grady always stepped up and got things done. I feel guilty because I've been busy with our new house and haven't told Grady how thankful we were to have him helping us with each step of our loan process. I'm glad I got a second chance to let him know that we indeed want to thank him and his team for the excellent service.

Grady gave my wife and myself great service, quick turn around responses to all questions, professional advice from beginning to end. In the end we secured a VA loan under 3% which will allow us to stay in our home for many years to come. Thank you.

Grady, the loan officer, was a great help and although I had some problems he was able to get all of them straightened out.

Casey was extremely detailed and prompt in all of his follow up. We closed in 27 days which was an extremely tight timeline and he was there with us through it all. Amazing experience and I highly recommend working with him. He will be there and explain everything. Very, very good. Professional and extremely knowledgeable. Thank you Casey, you rock!!

I was extremely fortunate to have Steve ** and the J.G. Wentworth team coordinated flawlessly the refinance of my home. The refinance was done quickly so that I could maximize on the 2016 VA low interest rate. I've made it a point to tell my co-workers and friends of the experience and recommended to them to do the same. It was a great way to start the 2017 New Year! Thank You.

Re-finance - Thomas ** was very quick to provide an interest rate quote in writing. He is easily reachable. He follows up frequently to ensure everything is all right. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to any prospective borrower.

Laura ** was excellent to work with. She was professional, knowledgeable, and very prompt when responding back to questions about my loan. I would recommend her to anyone seeking a loan due to the excellent experience I had working with her.

From beginning to end service was outstanding. The process was thoroughly explained and each phase of processing we were kept informed. Great customer service, compassionate care, and transparency exceeded my expectations.

Great experience. Mr. ** made it very easy for me to refinance my home. He always answered my questions and returned all my calls and emails within minutes. I'm so glad everything went smoothly and even closed on my loan sooner than I expected.

Working with Sandi and J.G. Wentworth was a very pleasant experience. We had just completed our initial mortgage just a year earlier and that one was much more painful. I didn't think we could do all of this and complete it within a 30 day period, but we did. Sandi and the other people we worked with were all very professional, courteous and helpful when things didn't go right. I would recommend these people to anyone of my friends or family.

Thomas was always professional, kind, informative and timely. He answered all my questions and provided all information that I requested. He walked me through the process of refinancing my home and made it easy to understand. He facilitated a timely closing even though I changed the amount of the request late in the process! I would recommend Thomas to anyone who needs a professional knowledgeable agent!

We were extremely pleased with the service we received from J.G. Wentworth, and in particular from Keith ** and Carlos **. Keith was extremely responsive and efficient and maintained excellent communication by email and phone throughout a complicated refi. It was so helpful to have him as a contact for the entire process, and not be handed off to multiple parties. He provided very clear instructions and was able to work with us flexibly. He was also invariably polite and positive in our communications even as we faced several unavoidable complications and deadline issues. His underwriter Carlos was similarly efficient and enjoyable to work with. We would definitely recommend J.G. Wentworth, Keith, and Carlos for mortgage services.

Thomas and the rest of the team worked tirelessly through the holiday season to get my loan approved and escrow closed on time. Thomas was always there regardless of the hours, even though he was in Florida and I was in California, I never felt that as a barrier. Thanks again to Thomas and the team for making my home purchase a smooth process!

From day one when dealing with Mr. **, I felt comfortable and in good hands! I informed him that I was old and did not know a lot about computers and electronic devices. He told me not to worry and that he would guide me through every step, which he did! He never sounded angry nor discussed with all my questions nor my husband's inquiries. Mr. Tom ** is the only man I would recommend to my family and friends to trust with the business that my husband and I just went through. He is honest and trustworthy. He knew the answers and how to get any answer we needed to know right away. Other words he knows his job and business. Let him know that we love him, trust him and pray for him daily. May God continue to Bless him always. Many thanks Mr. Tom **.

My experience with the J.G. Wentworth team was very easy, professional, and a pleasure. Sandi was very helpful every step of the way. I did recommend her to friends. They have also gone through this process now. Thank you!

Interest rate was great and we closed at the rate that was initially quoted. Being a member of Costco was helpful. I found out that other lenders were playing a lot of games, trying to hide closing costs and higher interest rate by offering lower cash payouts. I did not have this problem with J.G. Wentworth. The process was smooth and Keith led me through the motion with patience. He was always available for assistance. We finalize the deal in less than one month. I will certainly use this lender again in the future.

My experience with J.G. Wentworth Home Lending and all of its employees including Keith ** has been great. From putting in an online request to have a home refinance done, to closing, happened in less than a month. Any questions I had I could easily call or e-mail Keith and get a quick response. Highly suggest this company for home refinances.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending Company Profile