3.99/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending is a direct lender with highly competitive mortgage rates, an easy application process and exceptional customer service.

Mortgages made easy and affordable

Putting you first is the thinking that drives the J.G. Wentworth Home Lending client-friendly mortgage program.

Super low interest rates

Count on mortgage rates that are very competitive – and with no “gotcha” points or hidden fees. Use our online calculator to see how little you could be paying.

The mortgage you need we most likely have

Buying a home, rental property or vacation home? Refinancing an existing mortgage? We can help with loans that include:

· Fixed-rate and adjustable-rate mortgages

· FHA loans with a low down payment

· VA mortgages with no down payment

· And more

Simplicity

Our application process is easy and fast. This time-saving process starts with a free, no-obligation quote delivered to you in minutes.

Trust

We have an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau, and our parent company, J.G. Wentworth, has served the community since 1992. Together with these assurances of quality, check out the many testimonials from customers just like you.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending is an Equal Housing Lender. NMLS # 2925. We do not provide legal, tax or investment advice. Please visit our website for more information on State Licenses and Disclosures.

View More View More

280 J.G. Wentworth Home Lending Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 20, 2019

I wanted to give a big thank you to your team at JG Wentworth and especially Mike **. My first mortgage refinance was a bit tricky (appraisal came in lower than I had expected) and I was unsure of the refinance process. With such a big decision, I wanted to make sure I was informed and made the right choice. Mike took the time to answer my seemingly endless amount of questions and explained the process to me in a way that was easily understandable. This really helped establish a level of trust with me and left me feeling confident that I was making the right decision. After the low appraisal, Mike was able to help me secure a great rate and closing terms. Overall, I am very happy with the service. I'd gladly recommend anyone else looking to refinance to call up Mike ** and JG Wentworth!

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I worked with Magali ** of J.G. Wentworth recently while shopping for a new house loan. She was excellent to work with and I am writing a review even though I decided to go with a different lender for my loan, for reasons out of her control. But, my experience was good enough that I would recommend her to friends and family in the future and to write a review: Magali was courteous, professional, responsive, helpful, knowledgeable and treated me with respect and integrity. She spent time going over multiple options for my loan, and gave open and honest information and feedback on the terms and limits of each loan.

She actually had the best rate for the 30 yr fixed Jumbo loan which I ended up with, but let me know that closing usually required up to 45 days with this particular underwriter who offered the best rate. She could have kept me strung along to get my business and potentially left me in a bad state if the loan couldn't close in time, but she did not. I was not able to extend my closing date with the seller, which is why I had to take another loan from a local broker. So you will not be disappointed in working with her!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I had the pleasure to work with Laura ** at JG Wentworth during our most recent closing on a home. She was always there to answer anything I needed either by phone or e-mail. She took the time to go through all of the details of how the process worked and ways I could help save money on my end. Even the Senior Loan Processor Amy ** was very polite and quick to let us know what documents we needed to submit or whether she had received it. I have closed on a few homes in the past, and some of the loan officers were not the best at responding to any questions or able to give us detailed answers to what was needed. We were able to close on time and with very little work necessary on our end. I would more than likely work with Laura and Amy in future loans.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Mike ** was fantastic to work with. I think the thing that impressed me the most was his candid and honest nature that he approached the call with. We shopped around for a refinance and he guided us through the search process, encouraging us to compare and contrast. On the contrary, the other companies I called, including my current mortgage provider, tried to hard sell me and told me I would not find anything cheaper than them. J.G. Wentworth ended up with the lowest closing costs and had the best interest rates so we decided to go with them but I ultimately, I felt comfortable after my numerous conversations with Mike. He was always available by phone or text and would always get back with us. We are definitely giving Mike a call when we make our next move in 8 months!

Original review: June 22, 2018

When shopping for a home mortgage J.G. Wentworth Home Lending was giving me the best online rate. I received an email right away and the next day a Senior Loan officer from JG Wentworth called me. His name is Craig **. He verified the rate and got us started. Craig went over every aspect of the loan process from documentation and credit requirements to various mortgage options. I knew he had our best interest in mind as he recommended a loan that would fit our needs. We asked many questions and Craig was extremely knowledgeable and patient. It was like talking to a friend.

During the few weeks it took to process the loan and set up the closing Craig was available at all times. Nights, weekends, vacation, you name it. He was always proactive and communicated every aspect of the process. This was the smoothest mortgage loan process I ever experienced. Everyone we spoke to at JG Wentworth were professional and extremely helpful. Rosemary **, our loan processor was very nice and a great communicator. I would highly recommend JG Wentworth Home Lending. Our experience with Craig was first rate and I am going to refer friends and family in the market for a home loan to him and JG Wentworth.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about J.G. Wentworth Home Lending?

Original review: May 24, 2019

Mike - Mr. ** is extremely pleasant to work with, responding promptly to our questions, getting the necessary documents to us right away, and processing our completed documents timely. My wife and I highly recommend Mr. ** and we would do business with him again.

Original review: May 20, 2019

Thank you JG Wentworth for making the dream of homeownership a reality. We would not be in our new home if it weren't for the efforts of our loan officer, Mike **. He was on top of it and kept us informed every step of the way. Our loan closed super fast and our realtor was very happy. This is a dream come true for our family. Thank you Mike ** and Sue ** for making it happen!

Original review: May 10, 2019

I have submitted my application on April 14, 2019. My loan officer was Jeff ** in state of Arizona. He promised the lowest interest rate out of all and very promising at the beginning. I have submitted all the necessary documents and let him know I will be on vacation starting May 19th for one week and I will be glad to document I will need before then. At first, he mentioned the loan will be closed by end of April and I will skip May payment, and we spoke to him for different rates. He called other companies scam and was very upset that I am shopping around. He mentioned I am wasting his time which frankly coming from a professional is very unacceptable. Because that is what people do, they shop around for the best deal.

I stayed with the company since they gave a low rate. My house was appraised on Wednesday, April, 22nd I did not get a copy of the report until I made a phone call to the corporate and this was early this week (June 7th). As of today, June 10th I have not received any information nor request additional request for documents. I emailed my loan officer and I called the office again. He just got off the phone with mad and upset of why I am following up with the process. He got very mad, called me mentally unstable and if that was not bad enough he mentioned it to me that he know many people I work with at school (which I am not sure how is this related to my refinance process) that is taking 28 days by now with no updates. Frankly, I am not sure how my loan officer is an expert in psychology field and can label his customers like that. This loan is almost a 30 days now if we count the weekends and no updates. Thank you for looking into this.

Original review: May 9, 2019

Megan Offered to beat any competition pricing, ultimately after a month and a half of going back and forth requesting info day after day they denied the loan. What pissed me off was wasted time and losing the other offers I had from competitors. 780-800 credit 380k balance on 750k home. No debt and w2 income to pay off the loan if needed. Stick with real lenders like Quicken. They may charge a few more dollars but you won’t have to deal with incompetent underwriters.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I found Nicole ** through Lending Tree. I had multiple people email and phone me after my inquiry, however Nicole stood out in both her email and message. I screened the people and many sounded like they were brand new Loan officers or they were too aggressive. Nicole was very professional and I decided to give her a call, I am so glad I did. She has been very professional as well and personable, which I value higher! We had a few bumps along the way that were in no way her fault, she helped clear them as quickly as possible and made the refi experience extremely pleasant. You will not be disappointed if you choose to work with her!!!

Original review: May 8, 2019

Excellent experience. Just completed a refinance loan with Mor ** at J.G Wentworth, He made the whole loan process simple and explained every step along the way. He was always courteous and helpful, when we had question. And if he did not have the answer, he would find out for us in a timely manner. I would not hesitate to use J.G. Wentworth and Mor ** for future home loans.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I was contacted by Mor **, a senior loan advisor from J.G. Wentworth. Mor was very professional and understanding of my situation. He listened to my concerns and calmed me in my confusion of the loan process. He was excellent to work with.

Original review: May 6, 2019

Mike ** was wonderful from start to finish. He is so knowledgeable and made the process very easy. I appreciated how respectful he was of my time and how he explained everything to me in a way that was easy to understand. I would recommend him to anyone!

Original review: May 3, 2019

I wanted to use my VA loan and went to LendingTree to get companies that would work with me on this. I was impressed with a couple of them but in the end settled on using JG Wentworth. Worked with Omar. Polite man. Not the best at getting back to you in a timely manner but that's ok. I am not the best at it either. Did not really listen to what I was stating about past financial challenges and that came to roost when the title company did a title search. Even though this was a refi, no plans on selling, been living in the same house for 15+ years, they wanted me to pay off an item on my wife's CR. Doing my research and talking to 1 other title company, they will often do title insurance exception on one item.

Long story short, they would not. I cancelled the loan as it seemed to be a waste of money and time. It was a want not a need to do this so it is ok. Here is the kicker. You have to pay UP FRONT for a appraisal, you cancel the loan no refund. Even though I had cancelled the loan and deleted the information, my insurance company got a request from JG Wentworth and CHANGED my mortgagee information. If I had not read the email I would have been screwed. Never signed any paperwork to actually get the loan, put a stop on my loan application (in writing) and they still changed the insurance without my approval. In my opinion JG is only in it for the money, could care less about the person and may be one of the most unorganized companies I have dealt with in a very long time. Just be careful and double check on everything.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I got a home loan through JG Wentworth. I worked with Jesse ** to get this completed. The process was very easy and he was extremely quick to pick up the phone any time I called. Jesse had every answer that I needed through the whole process. I am very pleased with Jesse's performance.

Original review: April 28, 2019

We had an awesome experience with Magali ** at J.G. Wentworth. She was truthful and let you know upfront if she was able to beat a competitor's interest rate. No time was wasted, no circles ran. Yes, we turned in a lot of documents, but she was by her phone every step even on weekends. Even when I felt my realtor was not truthful I would call Magali to ask if she has heard of such thing. Not her field, but she was able to put us in the right direction. If you decide on J.G. Wentworth, I recommend Magali, such a hard worker, which gives the company a good name. Thanks again Magali **.

Original review: April 25, 2019

We were pre approved. Started in March of this year 2019. We gave whatever was requested. Here we are April 22, 2019 and we end up with Ms. Jennifer **. Not friendly at all. She would send out an email around 4-5 pm when the day is almost over of things needed. Every day I mean every day it was something else needed. Adam was too friendly either with him. I felt like I was in an interrogation room. Well to make a long story short they denied my loan. Which in reality did us a favor. We have someone else and we are in the closing zone after applying only 3 days ago. At first they were really friendly and accommodating EXCEPT Jennifer **. Very unprofessional.

Original review: April 24, 2019

During this home mortgage re-financing my account was handled by Mr. Jesse **. Mr. ** handled the account process with professionalism, thoroughness and efficiency. If I had questions during the process Mr. ** was usually available to assist me but on the rare occasion he wasn't he returned my call within 5 minutes. Any questions I had were answered by Mr. ** immediately without any of the "Let me find out and I'll call you back" which is common with other companies. Jesse is a knowledgeable and personable agent and a credit to the company. Thank you. Charles

Original review: April 23, 2019

I have nothing but good experience in dealing with loan officer Ms. Magali **. She is professional, knowledgeable, and very helpful in solving of the clients' problems to their satisfaction. She is always ready to answer her phone promptly, and follow up on her suggestions. She is dedicated to her customers and tries to help them achieve their goals. I will be more than happy to recommend her to my friends and family members for their financing needs.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Throughout the loan process from beginning to end Nicole was a complete pleasure to work with. Extremely responsive and professional. She did an excellent job coordinating all of the inquiries and responded immediately whether late at night or on the weekends. While I do not plan on refinancing anytime soon, I will definitely be recommending her and J.G. Wentworth to friends and family that may have need of their services. Could not have been more pleased with Nicole!

Original review: April 22, 2019

Had top-notch assistance from Magali ** (Senior Loan Officer) from Plano, Texas. From the initial application stage up to the final closing, she was efficient, knowledgeable and resourceful. During the latter stages in the process when I was getting ready to give up, she kept her cool and provided solutions. Most of all, her honesty is what I appreciated most. Thanks likewise to Corey ** (Senior Loan Processor) for facilitating this. I definitely will recommend your firm to family and friends.

Original review: April 20, 2019

The experience buying my current home was filled with several ups and downs. Dealing with some of the companies along the way were nothing short of painful. JGW and the gentleman processing my loan, Mike **, were the only thing that was essentially stress free. One thing I really appreciated was having Mike's number so that when I needed help, I could get ahold of him easily. Prior to JGW, I used a loan company that all calls were routed through an automated process. When the call finally got answered, you were at the mercy and experience of whoever picked up the call. The personalized service and expert treatment of Mike and his team made this a positive experience and I would recommend JG Wentworth to anyone.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I have received the best service from Mor and the team at J.G. Wentworth. I've refinanced many times over the years with different companies so I know what the experience is. The personal connection, attention to detail, and speedy processing made this refinance truly exceptional.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Nicole was a pleasure to work with. Responsive, thorough, professional. From the initial estimate to closing, Nicole got us a very competitive rate and was patient with our endless questions. She was also careful to coordinate with all parties from brokers to title companies and never left us feeling uneasy or mislead. If you need a mortgage, Nicole is the person to help you.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I worked with Mike ** for the refinance of my home. He was extremely helpful and timely through the whole process. The website for uploading documents made it easy as well. Thank you for such a great experience.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I work a lot so my wife called J.G. and spoke to (Mark). Everything seemed okay until the conversation moved towards recasting the loan after we received it. They said the loan would have to be 100k and we could give back 60k and recast bringing our monthly payment from 500$ to 200$ a month. We then ask if we could get the recast in print, electronically or otherwise, as part of the contract and then (Mark) became quite hostile. He said, "No one does that, in our research we found that some companies will do that but they might charge a fee, or not."

(Mark) called my wife the next day (4/2/19) and told her he could put it in writing but he doesn't want to because she's too (WISHY WASHY) and on the fence. (MARK) then hung up on my wife. PERSONALLY! I COULD NOT TRUST A PERSON OR COMPANY THAT COULD NOT PUT SOMETHING SO SIMPLE IN THE CONTRACT. SO SIMPLE! Called Wells Fargo, 3.75 equity line loan. Talked to Samir, could Christian man. God works in mysterious ways????

Original review: April 2, 2019

I just completed a refinance with Mike **. Mike was professional and courteous at all times whether speaking over the phone or via email. Everything went very smooth from start to finish without me even having to leave my own home or travel anywhere to sign/deliver documents. I would definitely use Mike ** and JG wentworth in the future.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I recently had the pleasure of working with Jesse ** to refinance my condo. From the first day to closing Jesse kept me in the loop. We had a few few stumbling blocks but, Jesse was very persistent to make sure that I had the refinancing that worked for me. I am very happy with the whole process. Great job Jesse and happy to be a JGW customer.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I just wanted to say that Jesse ** was a huge help to us in our first home purchase. I had already been in contact with another lender and was not having a good experience when I applied with JG. When Jesse responded to the application he was super easy to work with and answered all our questions and was totally transparent in how the process worked. Jesse stayed on top of everything and always communicated with us to let us know what was needed and what was happening next. I'd definitely recommend JG to a friend after our experience!

Original review: March 21, 2019

Jesse went out of his way to help me understand the entire loan process from start to finish. He actively reached out to keep the loan process moving while addressing my skepticism and concerns, and instilling confidence. He spent many hours working with me and guiding me through every step. He explained all of my options and helped me to make an educated decision on the loan terms. By working with Jesse and JG Wentworth, I saved thousands of dollars compared to local lending institutions. Jesse always acted professionally and courteously. I would definitely recommend anyone to work directly with Jesse.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending expert review by Michele Lerner

This financial company offers a variety of services, including home loans. It is licensed to offer mortgage products in 40 states. It is a direct mortgage lender

• Financing options: Consumers can get conventional, FHA, VA and USDA loans from this company. The company offers both fixed and adjustable rate loans and HARP loans for refinancing.

• Online quote: Interested homebuyers can fill out a short form online to receive a quote for their home loan. The form does not require any personal financial information.

• Calculator: The website features a mortgage calculator to help consumers estimate how much their monthly payment might be. The calculator breaks the payment down showing how much will go to principal, taxes and insurance.

• Live chat: Interested consumers can chat with a company representative online. Consumers don’t need to provide anything other than their email address to chat with a representative.

• Best for: homebuyers, homeowners who want to refinance and real estate investors.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending Company Information