2. Mortgages
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.25/5

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending is a direct lender with highly competitive mortgage rates, an easy application process and exceptional customer service.

Mortgages made easy and affordable

Putting you first is the thinking that drives the J.G. Wentworth Home Lending client-friendly mortgage program.

Super low interest rates

Count on mortgage rates that are very competitive – and with no “gotcha” points or hidden fees. Use our online calculator to see how little you could be paying.

The mortgage you need we most likely have

Buying a home, rental property or vacation home? Refinancing an existing mortgage? We can help with loans that include:

· Fixed-rate and adjustable-rate mortgages

· FHA loans with a low down payment

· VA mortgages with no down payment

· And more

Simplicity

Our application process is easy and fast. This time-saving process starts with a free, no-obligation quote delivered to you in minutes.

Trust

We have an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau, and our parent company, J.G. Wentworth, has served the community since 1992. Together with these assurances of quality, check out the many testimonials from customers just like you.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending is an Equal Housing Lender. NMLS # 2925. We do not provide legal, tax or investment advice. Please visit our website for more information on State Licenses and Disclosures.

View More View More

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending Reviews

Original review: March 24, 2020

Glenn was as efficient as any loan officer I've ever dealt with (been involved with over a dozen purchases/sales). He gave me a killer rate compared to the three others that I obtained. He made a great suggestion when he asked me if I was a veteran as I was not thinking about using my VA. He made the whole process so painless. I appreciate it!! So sorry, this link went to a spam box and I just dug it out. The loan was over 2 yrs ago. Thanks, Moo

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I went to LendingTree (reluctantly) after speaking with my major bank (business and personal) and my last home mortgage broker about a home refinance. I was reading the news and could tell that they were quoting rates that were too high and too many requirements. After reluctantly opening a request on LendingTree, I got inundated with lender responses on the first and second day. This turned out to be a good thing. I could immediately tell if I liked their follow up approach. I picked only one lender to call back, J.G. Wentworth. Their followup was a real human, with a calm and professional manner. Every other lender left an automated message.

After speaking with JGW she quickly referred me to a senior lending specialist, Bruce **. Bruce followed up with me as I worked through my doubts and delays. I was constantly busy or traveling and he was polite and persistent with me through the entire process, which was to my benefit. He answered all my questions and concerns over a period of several weeks. It all sounded too good to be true so I was hesitant.

The rate was excellent, the terms were the best, and the whole process was very easy. I was wary of the title company coming to my house to complete the closing but was assured by my accountant it would be okay. Could not have been easier. Thank you, Bruce! I start my new mortgage on the first and am saving twice the amount I had hoped to save after refinancing so all I can say is THANK YOU LendingTree, J.G. Wentworth and BRUCE **. I highly recommend this combination and have only great things to say about Bruce and the whole process.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Mike ** and Russell ** were fantastic. They answered all my questions and returned all my communication in a timely manner. I originally contacted Quicken Loans but was soon upset with there high pressure sales mythology and flood of phone calls that I immediately looked elsewhere. JG Wentworth had high reviews so I decided to contact them. No high pressure to commit and no flood of phone calls. I think I made the best decision to go with JG Wentworth. Plus JG Wentworth's closing cost were substantially less than Quicken Loans.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I start to work on Refinance my home loan with Bruce **. He's a professional, responsible, quickly answer any my questions at any time. He helped me done with the first important step to get the application, condition loan...etc done. After that, I worked with Magali **. And she's professional too. Quick answer your questions, hardworking to make everything done on time. I highly recommend both Magali ** and Bruce ** in case you want to get your refinance home loan done. Thank you J.G Wentworth so much to help me save almost $100k in my home loan with lower rate, best in the market!

Original review: July 16, 2019

This is my 2nd refinance with Jesse and I couldn't be happier. He goes above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to putting your mind at ease and getting the job done. From the 1st day I contacted Jesse through closing, he was with me every step of the way making sure I knew what was happening and would quickly answer all questions I had. Great guy, best loan officer around!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about J.G. Wentworth Home Lending?

Original review: March 13, 2020

The loan representative made false promises to get me to apply for a home refinance. During the process I learned this representative left the company. After that, the manager stepped in to take up the slack and was very pushy, rude at times, and made the whole experience an unpleasant one. I withdrew my application due to the poor transparency and poor customer service.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

In 2013 I purchased a home, and as a veteran used my option to do it via a VA loan. Between 2013 and 2016 my loan was re-sold 3 times, and I was quite frustrated in dealing with small mortgage companies with little web-presence, short/odd customer service hours, and not accepting electronic payments. In 2016 I started a search for a mortgage company that seems reputable with better options, and hoped for one that would not immediately sell my loan. I discovered JG Wentworth who met my criteria, and stated that it was their policy not to sell VA loans, so I re-financed with JG Wentworth.

From 2016 to 2019 things have gone smoothly, and JG Wentworth met my expectations and needs. In 2019 they have completely let me down by selling or transferring my VA mortgage to another mortgage provider. Now I am once again stuck with a provider I did not select, and expect to once again return to the cycle of having my mortgage sold or transferred every year. JG Wentworth's mortgage department has failed to meet my expectations and their promise over the long term. Enter with your eyes wide open, you're just a commodity to JG Wentworth, they have no loyalty to you, and will sell you off when it suits them.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Really bad experience! The day before we were set to close on a refinance, we get an email saying that the closing has to be pushed back. We didn't hear anything from them for over a month! I asked for my appraisal fee back and I haven't heard a response yet! We ended up going with another mortgage company! STAY AWAY!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Earlier this year we refinanced our home through JG Wentworth. Even before we made our first payment, they sold the mortgage to someone else. That was not really a big problem to us. This month we filed an insurance claim for hail damage to our roof. Having not done this before, I didn't know the claim check must be made out to me as well as the mortgage company. Not knowing any different, the check was made out to me and JG Wentworth. In an effort to resolve the matter, I called JG Wentworth four times in a week and no one could inform me what to do. They would say they would have someone call me back but, I never received anything from them at all.

Finally I called my insurance company and they are making out a new check with the new mortgage company on it. This whole matter could have been resolved a lot faster if first, they had informed my insurance company about selling the mortgage and/or second, they had just simply been courteous enough to return my calls.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I barely had my loan 2 weeks and they sold it to a third party. They sold it before my first payment. Why bother going through the whole time factor, to only have your loan sold in two seconds. Very obviously only after the amount of numbers they can generate through loan refi's. Considering I have never refinanced before because I was cautious, well this takes the cake. I do not recommend JG Wentworth.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending author review by Michele Lerner

This financial company offers a variety of services, including home loans. It is licensed to offer mortgage products in 40 states. It is a direct mortgage lender

• Financing options: Consumers can get conventional, FHA, VA and USDA loans from this company. The company offers both fixed- and adjustable-rate loans and HARP loans for refinancing.

• Online quote: Interested homebuyers can fill out a short form online to receive a quote for their home loan. The form does not require any personal financial information.

• Calculator: The website features a mortgage calculator to help consumers estimate how much their monthly payment might be. The calculator breaks the payment down showing how much will go to principal, taxes and insurance.

• Live chat: Interested consumers can chat with a company representative online. Consumers don’t need to provide anything other than their email address to chat with a representative.

by Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

J.G. Wentworth Home Lending Company Information