1.10/5
Based on 142 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Formerly GMAC

831 Ally Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

I originally got my vehicle financed through this company. My experience with these people have been very very stressful since I had to COMPLETE a BANKRUPTCY due to medical reasons and everything that followed!!! Cannot make a payment without the runaround!!! People working the post bankruptcy part are total **, cannot comment on what I think!!! But you could take a GUESS!!! I loved working with at first but like a marriage that is not working it all fell in the cesspool!!! IF YOU HAVE OTHER MEANS, PLEASE USE THEM!!!

Original review: June 14, 2018

I purchased a vehicle from Carmax in PA, Ally was the financial lien holder the car was grossly overpriced and living in the North I made the mistake of purchasing a 2 wheel drive vehicle instead of all wheel drive. After having 3 close calls with the vehicle while driving in inclement weather with my children. I started to research if I can trade in the car and purchase a safer vehicle. I took the vehicle to the dealer and asked them to work with Ally to get me approved to trade in and when I got there the car was top down at 10000, I had already made significant payments for 2 1/2 years on the vehicle at almost 900 a month. Ally refused financing me on the trade in.

After having a winter of a few snow storms and dealing with the unsafe vehicle, I called Ally to come get the vehicle from me because I was voluntarily turning it in. I owed no payments I was never late, and negotiating with them is difficult. I also asked to refinance the loan to possible get the car sold and they came back with a price that were no different from my initial car loan payment. I also had fair credit, enough to qualify for a BMW at the time to where I went.

After Ally picked up the car I heard nothing back from them, it may have been a year ago from 2015 to 2017 I noticed they placed a balance of 8000 on my credit account and have me down as a repo and not an involuntary repo. In contacting them they have not provided me with any auction info, I was never made aware of any information and they have never offered to take the amount and gift it to me so that I can just owe it on my taxes. I am tired of trying to figure out what to do but I need these people exposed. People with good credit get taken for a ride with them and they have deceptive practices. They recently sent me a new bill with no particulars asking me to close it out or settle but I have no clue what I will be settling for. My question is had they sold the car for a profit would they have sent me a check for the amount they got in surplus or would they have kept the profit?

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I've been working for 3 days as of this post simply trying to get these jokers to understand that I've changed insurance companies. The cut and paste responses are insane, unuseful, and just stupid. They repeat they need a policy. Well, the new insurance company has already sent it to them, and sent me a proof email. Ally thinks everyone has FAX MACHINES... wtf ** ? It's not 1990. It's 20**18, get a life, get with the times, use email. I'll never go back, I've used these guys for 3 vehicles, and this is the last. I think I'm going to the bank and paying off tonight, and I'll just go from there. This is ignorant. Nothing like being punished for doing the right thing.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I do not recommend Ally Auto to anyone. I paid my car off over two months ago and still have not received the title. It was sent to the wrong address the first time and returned back to them so I called almost a month ago and was told they would send it to my correct address. I was told it would take 7-10 business days, a month has gone by and I STILL did not receive it. I called the customer service number and turns out THEY NEVER RESENT IT and had no apology, explanation, anything for it! I am SO infuriated. They put me on a 10 minute hold and came back and told me they were still trying to contact the title company and said they were putting me on hold again. I replied, "No, I don't have another 10 minutes to wait. Could someone just call me?" And they said, "No"?!?!

After all this trouble I'm having to go through you'd think they could have someone contact me and at least apologize and explain to me why my title has still not been sent. I am sick of this situation and sick of Ally. The customer service is TERRIBLE and the obviously are not very well managed if they can't even handle to send someone their title.

Original review: June 7, 2018

When turning the car in stood at dealer for 13 days before they inspected the car. Initially they said I owe $574 for wear and tear and added time on lease. Went to dealer 3 times to turn it in and would not accept it due to some system code from Ally. Spoke to someone last week. Said they will take the access days off. Aso gave me reference # but when they looked it up they said it wasn't in the system. Looking at the inspection pictures can't see no damage to the car. Car was turned in with 21000 miles a lot less than what it should. Just beware. Be very careful. Never ever again I will deal with Ally again in my lifetime.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ally Bank?

Original review: June 7, 2018

Potential fraud From Ally to hide vehicle condition - I leased a Ram 1500 from a dealership in Michigan in February 2017. The truck was leased with Ally Financial. I have leased vehicles before with different companies and never had any problems. I’m learning the hard way with Ally. First let me say that their customer service is non existent and the only reason why they bother talking TO you, not WITH you, is because they know you will have to pay them somehow.

At the end of August 2017, my truck was flooded due to torrential rains and “flash flood” on the highway. I contacted the insurance and Ally. Ally lease agreements state that they must be notified for any sort of damage other than “normal wear and tear”. The truck had water inside, in the floor vents and under seat storage. Ally categorically refused to allow me to do a 3rd party inspection for the vehicle before it was repaired. After numerous phone calls, emails thru Ally message portal, certified mail and many good faith attempts to have a simple problem resolved, I advised Ally that the vehicle was at the body shop ready for pickup and I could not in good faith accept the vehicle with the possibility of mold and electrical issues. I was also advised that it was “not my vehicle” but VAUL which I was told was a branch of Ally Financial.

I contacted the MI State Attorney General for assistance as well as other agencies. Approximately in November 2017 Ally deleted my online account, posted a message stating I did not have a vehicle with them as well as I have never made a payment or had an account with them. They stopped sending monthly statements around October 2017. After legal consultation, I was advised to pick the vehicle up at the body shop if Ally did not pick it up or contact me (I did so mid February).

After receiving multiple calls and voicemails from an “investigator Mike **” with different phone numbers, I attempted to contact Ally end of February. I spent hours playing the phone games of different departments. Finally I was advised that they could not speak with me. I tried again the next day and a rep at Ally told me that they would send me a letter for me to agree to make the remaining payments by March 15th. They never sent said letter or email or phone call as the truck was taken around March 13 2018. The “investigator Mike **” could only say he was hired by Ally and that’s it.

To summarize, Ally financial refused to acknowledge the vehicle was flood damaged according to Michigan law. This information was given to the Attorney General’s office. Ally refused to acknowledge that the vehicle was damaged for lease turn in purposes. As a flood damaged vehicle, the “normal wear and tear” condition is void by default. Ally somehow changed my address on my credit report to a lawyer's office in Dearborn, without my consent or knowledge until weeks after they did it. Ally has misreported inaccurate and incorrect information on my report since October.

The credit bureaus and Ally have refused to correct my personal information, the balance history, type of loan despite the numerous certified letters with supporting documentation. Ally contracted a company to locate the truck misrepresenting themselves as “investigator Mike **” despite Ally being advised since At least September 2017 that the vehicle was at the body shop ready for their pick up. Along with this confusion, I have asked for verification as I received a message stating I never had a vehicle or account with Ally. I’ve made multiple attempts to correct information on credit report due to Ally without success.

Ally has been stalling and ruining my credit worthiness with their inaction, deception and inaccurate and incorrect information being reported to the bureaus. I have received no letters or calls or anything regarding redemption period (as Ally has the vehicle) or deficiency notice or anything at all. It has been since March 13 2018. My family and I have been suffering thru this nightmare since September 2017 and Ally has made it nearly impossible for me to move forward with their inaction. I have just recently re contacted the Attorney General, Ally and the credit bureaus detailing this problem. Do not under any circumstance use Ally for any sort of financing.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Tragedy Hits... Husband wheelchair, wife looses income... Was behind but caught payments up on car. When behind again because loan was 42000 for a 22K car at $800 a month I called and restructured loan and they said my $450 remaining needed to be received by the 17th of the next month. My account was closed and not showing so I called and they responded within 3 days of that car and kept all my personal possessions and daughters $300 car seat. It was bad enough that the interest they made alone if counted as principal would have paid off the large majority of the loan. But now I will probably be sued while trying to find work from my new wheelchair world and go into bankruptcy since I am about $25 K upsidedown or more on the loan. Unbelievable predatory practices.

Now having trouble getting rides to doctor appointments for cancer and other back treatments and injections and my accounts are now empty. Very terrible experience! They should have kept their agreement and worked with us and if they were going to lie then at least they should have returned our possessions in the vehicle as the law requires.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I have called them so much, and every time I've called, I've had to try and understand the person who is trying to helping me. I know that they hire people that need jobs. But they need to hire people that speak and understand the English language. It would make it a lot easier on other people to be able to understand them. Here's an idea. Hire an American who was born and raised in the country. And stop sending the jobs to other countries just because they'll work for less money. When I get a new vehicle, I will not be getting a loan from them ever again.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Ally locked my account one Friday afternoon, without explaining the cause to me. I called their customer service, only to be told to wait for a "specialist" to contact me. For days, I had to borrow money to feed my children while I waited on this "specialist." I had to open an account with another bank so I could buy food and gas for work, shoes for my kids, and pay hospital bills. This bank sickens me. The customer service is non-existent, as all they do is tell you to wait. And wait. And live without any money because they don't feel like doing their jobs.

Original review: June 3, 2018

My daughter leased a New car from a Jeep dealer in Ramsey New Jersey (we live in Manhattan). When we leased the car we were told to get the loan from Ally. They (Ally) then charged my daughter a higher rate than normal. When the lease was expiring we called Ally to inquire about "extending" the lease for a period of 1 month or two. They gave us an amount that I felt was way too high so we declined. When the lease was about to expire we called the dealer and left messages for the "return specialist". We never received a return call. We also called Ally and advised them that we would be returning the car to the dealership on a certain date. They advised us that there was a "grace period" and that we would not be penalized.

We finally got a hold of the return specialist at the dealership who also advise us that there would be no problem or penalty for returning the car on the date. She also advised us that she had not received the voicemail messages we sent. We returned the car and were told everything was fine. We then had to wait for a friend to pick us up in New Jersey as we live in New York. Fast forward a few months and we receive a letter from Ally saying that the car was not returned on time and that we owed 2 days of payments. We called a couple of times because I was told my daughter had to authorize me to speak on her behalf. We called again and spoke with a service representative who refused to believe our story even though I gave him the name of the person at the dealership.

I asked to speak with a supervisor and was connected with Kirk **. We went round and round and again he refused to believe the veracity of our story. Despite my offering to give him the return specialists name and phone number and the fact that the dealership didn't accept returns on a Sunday! He wouldn't accept the fact that we lived in New York and that the dealership was In New Jersey and that we REQUIRED someone to take us back to New York since the dealership didn't provide that service. Frankly he refused to believe anything I said. This is not a company that I would tell people to deal with.

Original review: May 31, 2018

If I could give zero I would. I refinance my car and Ally bank got their check and my balance was zero. I canceled my Gap and Warranty insurance, so the dealership send check to Ally instead me even though loan was pay off. Has been almost a month and I still didn't receive my money and is almost 300 thousand dollars. Every time they put me on hold to speak with someone who probably doesn't even live in this country. I will have to involve my attorney to get the money that is mine and not theirs. Would never recommend this Bank to nobody! Bad customer service!

Original review: May 31, 2018

Yea I paid 1116.82 per month on a pickup for 4 years to Ally, and my wife died. I tried to get them to refinance to lower my payments but they said I didn’t qualify. I guess your wife dying isn’t considered a financial stress. So now I got to hunt for a new bank. Yep they sounded cold and conspiring. Probably hoping I default so they can robber baron me. Yep I don’t recommend using them. I know I never will again.

Original review: May 24, 2018

2013 Ford Fusion - They repossessed my car and want $1700 to recover it. Ally told us to wire cash through companies like Western Union. After 2 days of nonstop arguments with their reps and proving each rep was lying, I had decided to pay them tomorrow, get my car back and then take them to court. BUT, I read a post on here about how Ally used the Western Union scam to get coincidentally $1700 from someone in the same situation as me that ended in Ally claiming they didn't get the money even though it went through and still didn't return the car, I have decided not to send them a dime.

Then I had plans on sending them my bank statements to prove Ally was wrong in claiming I had 4 missed payments which caused excessive late fees, guess what! There is another post stating even after a consumer sent bank statements, Ally still claims they didn't get the payment. And my similarities to others on here goes on. Such as unauthorized extra payments that caused a loss of income to my bank for overdraft fees.

My credit is ruined which not only means it is going to be near impossible for me to get another car. Not only that when applying for promotions or better paying jobs, my bad credit score hurts my chances during the interview process. Ally rep in their Dallas location stated they sent me a repo notice on May 21. Ally took my car on May 20. Lots of good the notice does me when IF I get one. "Ray Ray" from Dallas read the contract. "B-little" from Dallas stated they aren't obligated to give notice of repo. The contract says a required notice of 10 days prior not after "Ray Ray!" He was so disrespectful by calling me Mrs. Marsha repeatedly as if to insult me.

After requesting he address me by my last name, he continued to smugly say my first name in an insulting, belittling manner. Hey "Ray Ray" and "B-little", little boys insult to feel better about themselves. Most boys grow out of it. Guess you didn't. First Ally will harass EXCESSIVELY with computer. Calls. When you call, you end up hung up on. Computer system is always down. Ally makes it near impossible to make a payment. ALLY's goal: make it very hard to pay and the consumer gives up that day with intent to pay the next day gets busy with life and forgets. Predator lending, I didn't fall for the distract technique. Sadly, I chose the cheap loan interest and now my credit and financial life is ruined.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Most disgusting individuals I've EVER dealt with in my life. Rude, mean, belittling, horrendous... I could go on & on. I wouldn't recommend this company even if it was the only one who would finance you. I just got off the phone with a lady that I told was the most atrocious human being I've ever had a conversation with before in my life, & her response verbatim was "I'm not here for nice customer service". I'm appalled at the way this company treats people.

Original review: May 20, 2018

If I had to rate Ally, it's an negative infinity. This is more than the worst company to do business with. They need to be closed down. Before that, need to be hit with another class action lawsuit. How do you continue to bill a costumer, add late fees, report to the Credit Bureau as 30, 60, 90 late on payments when the car was totaled, paid out by the insurance company & the balance left over paid out thru Gap. No balance was left. You unprofessional, greedy **!!!

Original review: May 17, 2018

I currently have a car loan through this bank. Since day one it has been an unpleasant experience. Trying to make payments via cell phone is impossible. The website if accessed through your phone always says it is down. You can only easily pay if you go online using an actual computer. Also I was sick and took a few days off from work so my payment was 9 days late due too a crappy paycheck. They start calling and harassing you. I had to listen to the phone message 3 times to get the number to call back as the man calling had a thick accent and spoke so fast.

When I called back I chose the option to speak to a live person and again got a woman who had a thick accent I could barely understand. The outsourcing of jobs to other countries is ridiculous because you can never understand the person you are talking to. I asked her why they were calling me for a 9 day past due payment when I have a 15 day grace period before they charge a late fee. She got all defensive so I finally told her to never call my number again. I really am wondering if this is a legit bank or some kind of mafia bank.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I hate their way of doing business. They have a call center which calls you early in the morning, calls you while you while you are in church, calls your relatives which I call harassment. Aside sending your statement. Even if you're late in a few days, they go after you like pit bulls. They call anybody that has the same last name as yours. Then there's family fights. Ally are also very high in rates. So if you are are buying cars make sure never to use ALLY. YOU WILL BE HARASSED, INSULTED. They own your soul... BECAUSE THEY WILL ASKED YOU 50X WHETHER YOU HAVE SENT THEIR MONEY. Never encountered such as this company... STAY LOCAL WHEN BUYING A CAR.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Ally auto finance rates must be so low that many car dealerships utilizes their auto financing services; however, the services provided to the consumers are horrendous. This company appears to outsource all customer service calls to overseas call centers, which sounds like a good idea because they’re employing folks that have no problem taking on smaller wages but it’s a terrible experience when Ally doesn’t have a normal phone line to call into in the US.

The fact that no one can’t call or chat or email Ally without an online account is absurd. I literally wasted more than 80 minutes and talked with 6-7 agents (overseas) to get one simple thing accomplished; establish an online account and pay my monthly car lease. I was finally able to get a manager (10+ days later) to help but the process was exhausting. By the time I got help, my payment was going to be late so I had to pay extra fees to expedite the payment. I’ve already told the Dealership to not ask me to buy another car if they’re using Ally. My lease is only a 24 month lease and I’m exploring options on how to pay it off sooner and get rid of the car.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I called to say an unauthorized payment of more than my monthly auto loan was deducted from my account. After the person saw I was a month ahead in payments said she would refund 1/2 the money!! After more than 20 minutes arguing and not transferring me to a manager (all, apparently were in the same meeting!?) I was told within 15 days I would be mailed a refund! Ally did an auto debit to my account for a payment NOT due, but can only mail a refund??!! Spoke to their Fraud Dept. but they don't look into these things - not sure who at Ally does or if they do. I am disabled and live on a fixed income so to have to wait for a refund is quite a hardship!!

Original review: May 6, 2018

First off I’m not a “verified buyer” because they won’t accept any form of payment from me. After seeing all these 1 star ratings, I felt that I need to let everyone know exactly how awful they are and the worst part is... they will not ACCEPT my FIRST payment! As if they are trying to ruin my credit and force me into paying late fees. I only think this because their app and website is rigged and they forced me to pay over the phone with extra finance charges... and then refused that payment after giving me a confirmation number.

April 30th my payment was due. I set up auto pay. 8pm on the 30th I call because they haven’t taken it out. I then realize it’s not set up because I didn’t select WHEN I want them to start taking payments. The option was for the FIRST payment or SECOND payment. So I select first like any normal person would (why is this even a thing to have to select). They say it takes 24 hours to process. 48 hours later May 2nd I check my bank. MONEY'S STILL THERE. Check their app and it says pending for MAY. I called these idiots and they tell me it went through and the pending status I see on their app for MAY is pending until they take it out for May. May 3rd I get a voicemail from them saying my payment is PAST DUE. I call AGAIN and I lose it.

I repeatedly tell them I don’t trust their online app or website and want to pay over the phone WITHOUT FEES and they “can’t”. They then tell me the amount came back because my routing number isn’t right. I hung up. I try to edit my auto pay settings and change that number... it won’t let me save it!!! Not only that but even if I could save the changes the “select start date” only has MAY not APRIL. I call, I freak out, I pay over the phone, at this case I’m angry. I don’t even care that they take a fee. I’m not having my credit RUINED because of these scum bags. I got a confirmation number I wrote down and everything.

I check my bank today to pay another bill today and THE MONEY IS RETURNED INTO MY BANK. I am requesting another bank for the loan through the dealership and if that doesn’t work I’m begging my bank and would GLADLY pay double maybe even triple to get out of this loan with Ally Bank. I refuse to be harassed and toyed with. Ally Bank is by far the worst bank I’ve ever dealt with. You’re better off homeless and carless living in a city than ever ask for help from Ally Bank.

Original review: May 5, 2018

Had accident and truck was totaled and Ally was paid by insurance Co. and Gap insurance. Ally says I still owe for a payment of $578.16 and this keeps changing that was not due at the time truck was totaled. Constant calls and letters saying they won't release title until paid. Let me know how to get in on Class action Lawsuit as there's no dealing with these people. They put me in credit bureau as nonpayment! Unbelievable!!! Help please, any info for class action suit would be appreciated.

Original review: May 5, 2018

May 2016 bought a near new 2015 Dodge Challenger from a local Dodge dealership. Ally Financial was the lender. In the dealership contract we initially included for a fee ($3500) an additional maintenance/repair coverage warranty. The dealership's policy stated if within 30 days you decide you don't want the warranty it will be refunded. Within a few days we added this vehicle to our auto insurance policy and the same extra warranty is included free. I immediately in person returned to the dealership and informed them we are already covered and I requested a refund. They had me sign a cxl document and they would forward this to Ally. I documented on the form that a copy of this credit on the loan contract be sent to me so I would know it's been completed and I would have a hard copy for my records.

A few weeks later Ally sent me a copy of the original contract with no record of a credit. I called the dealership, they stated it was forwarded to Ally. I called Ally 4x asking, requesting...NO COPY OR RECORD OF RECEIPT HAS EVER BEEN SENT TO ME. Here I am two years later... I paid my loan off approx 40 months early, no title and no hard copy that the $3500 was credited to my loan. On the title today I was told by the dealership as well as Ally that "THEY NO LONGER HAVE A VESTED INTEREST IN THIS VEHICLE." Anyone interested in filing a class action suit with me against Ally Financial.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Contacted Ally twice because they were trying to get me for an additional monthly payment. I leased my truck and am at the stage to purchase it. I need the buyout letter for my bank in order to move forward with the purchase so I call Ally to get said letter. What an honest pain in the rear. I have a headache after dealing with such NONSENSE. The last person I spoke with, Imee, continually contradicted themselves about the final purchase option cost. My paperwork states one dollar amount however Ally is trying to drive that cost up by $383.00. How does that work?

After a lot of back and forth, Imee said that the additional $383.00 I was being bilked for was because I wasn't going through Ally to purchase my vehicle. I'm sorry... Excuse me? I'm being forced to pay a fine for going elsewhere? How is that the consumer's problem if we choose to go through another bank (with a far better interest rate)??? That's like paying more for a shirt at one store because the other stores are selling the same item for a sale price? I'm not going to let this slide and will continue to call until I get someone there to do the right thing and give me the buyout letter for what my contract states. Every time I speak to someone at Ally, I am lied to time and time again. Depending on who you talk to, you get a different story each time. Stop trying to rip people off!

Original review: May 2, 2018

I applied for and received an auto loan from this bank. The service went downhill after a couple payments. I have never been late on a payment and never asked for an extension to pay late. Even so I get constant threats explaining if I am late they can repossess the car. Sometimes I receive 2 threats a month. Ally is the most horrible bank in the USA to do business with. I tried to make 2 payments in 1 month to get 30 days ahead but their policy is I will not be credited for the following month without making a 3rd payment! Stay away, go anywhere else.

Original review: April 23, 2018

2nd vehicle Ally claims they sent title and have not. Funny how two titles just miraculously do not show up. And they will not email lien release. They want to mail it. Well apparently mail doesn’t work for them. They are crooks.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I sent money in with all of the paperwork to open two joint CD’s, one with each of my daughters. Ally Bank put my money into someone else’s account. They then told me that I never sent the checks with the paperwork. They will not put me through to anyone I’ve spoken to previously. I have to fill out customer complaints and wait for them to send me letters that actually told me I need to send my checks into a different Ally address to make sure it doesn’t happen again. They admit no blame on themselves. They finally moved my money to the CD’s but only because I found out it was in a relative's bank account (thank goodness they let me know that) and I told them where it was.

Original review: April 16, 2018

We are trying to get a house loan but unfortunately we will not be able to do so at the time due to a late payment in our credit score place in error by Ally Bank. It's for the January payment which is due on Jan 22. It was paid on Feb 22. We have the confirmation number. It also says on our bank statement it was paid on Feb 22. Not only did I paid Jan payment that day but I paid Feb too a total of $1170 making us up to date but they show us paying on Feb 23 on the account making it a month late therefore going on our credit - if they had it right it wouldn't be on it and we would be able to get a house. We contacted Ally bank and were told someone who handles this type of issues would contact us but so far nothing.

Original review: April 13, 2018

My Vehicle in the repossession stage and I was advised the only way to save it was to pay the 3 months past due amount via Western Union. I made the payment and two weeks later I was contacted by Ally Direct that they didn't receive my payment because they were having trouble with their Company Code through Western Union and the monies went to GM Financial. It's been 8 weeks and I still haven't gotten my money back from GM nor Western Union. Ally Direct repossessed my vehicle. I lost my car because they gave me the wrong information and I recently found out that they don't even use Western Union services anymore. Not only did they cause me to lose my car I still don't have my money back from GM or WU. Granted I was behind in my payments but did what I was told by Ally Direct to rectify the situation and still loss my car and money.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Ally Auto does not provide correct information to a consumer paying off the loan. I called 3 different times to confirm the payoff arrangements needed to ensure that my title would be expedited to me so I could complete the sale of my truck. I was assured that a certified fund bank check would assure me the title would be mailed to me within 3-5 business days. I obtained the funds, overnighted the check and waited for my title. I am now waiting 8 days and the title has not been received. Apparently, NJ has a waiting period before the title can be sent. This was never told to me in any previous conversations.

They also tried to accuse me of not providing the correct method of payment as a reason for the delay. I became irate at their accusations. I finally was transferred to a supervisor who explained the reason for the delay. At this point I have no recourse but to wait, my buyer has been very patient. If I had been given correct information initially I would have made certain that this transaction would have held no promises to the buyer or been completed earlier. If the phone center people are given responsibility to provide information I expect to be given correct information not scripted lies. I will certainly consider using another company in the future.

Resolution response: April 10, 2018

Was called promptly after I submitted a review and they reconciled the matter.

Original review: April 9, 2018

When I initially opened the account, I was guaranteed an APY (Annual Percentage Yield) of 1.45% for opening an online savings account. I open the account with a balance exceeding $5,000 and the first earnings are deposited to my account, $2.13. I figured for a while that it may have an increment that would soon reconcile the remaining interest owed. When I call, for a total of 7 phone calls, they’re unable to answer my question as to why they paid me that amount, perhaps because they know quite clearly that it’s incorrect. They were evasive, and would put me on hold every time I would ask which makes it all the more suspicious. As a result of all this, I am now locked out of my account with my money on hold. I have a transfer that’s going in effect today for more than $800. I am concerned that they’re going to claim that I never had an account with them and destroy any evidence resulting in my money being stolen.

Ally Bank Company Information