1.13/5
  • 1 star
Based on 150 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 6, 2017

746 Ally Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

January of 2016 I purchased a 2015 Chevrolet Traverse $4000 down from Franklin Chevrolet with my first payment due around March 5 2016. This was the start of me rebuilding my credit, and I am a single mom on a budget so I sent $1546.62 on February 10, 2016 (which covered up until May 2016). On May 4, 2016, I made a payment of $5420 certified mail.

That same night while coming from revival I was in a wreck that totalled my vehicle. The next morning I called Ally to let them know that I would need to cancel my payment because I was in an accident and the truck was totalled. I also informed her that I had full coverage insurance and a $695 gap policy that I had purchased with Ally. She informed me that she could not do anything because the payment had not been received and that I should call back. It was a Friday so I waited to call back after the weekend. Once I called back I informed them that the payment needed to be stopped.

On March 7 the company received my money orders and added the payment to my account, which I found out via online. So I called and asked why would they add the money to my account, paying for the vehicle up until June 2017 when I had informed them the vehicle was totalled? They said something about needing to wait on the insurance company, which puzzled me because I had full coverage and a Gap policy through Ally!! May 11, 2016 Progressive totalled my vehicle and sent a payout to Ally for the total vehicle's cost. Assuming everything was straight I went back to Franklin and was allowed to get another vehicle with no down payment but around $100 more a month. It wasn't a concern at the time because Ally still had $4500 of my money. I preferred Ally to finance it so they could just transfer the money onto my new account...

Long story short the people must have believed me to be ignorant. I talked to one woman who kept giving me all kinds of lame excuses as to why they couldn't give me my money back to which I would just give an educated answer... then she would try to go another route. This went on for 3 months when they threatened to take my vehicle. The sole thing I was using to build my credit was making it worse. I was stubborn at first but realized I had no choice but to keep making the payments. I talked to a lawyer and even believed that the company would do the right thing, but I see that will never happen.

All of the grammar mistakes may make you doubt it???? But I have $65000 in student loans which was spent on a MBA based mainly on ethics. I cannot understand why a company would want to take advantage of a single mother who makes prepayments!! Who tries to do the right thing. You all have no idea how rude and nasty the woman was not to mention that they took down all history of the other account once I complained. As you see it is December of 2017, Ally never had any intention on doing the right thing!!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

As I was using their online Ally Auto website to make automatic payments, I scheduled payments due on a certain date for auto deduction. On the day of the deduction, they do send a confirmation that the payment has been made, but then repo your car without any notice. I notice that my car is gone and report it to the police, they advise to call my finance company. They confirmed the repo due to non payment for 3 months and 90 days overdue.

They like to argue with you saying that they have made several phone call attempts, but they do not. Now, If I am to get my car back, even with confirmation and bank proof, It will cost me $3,400, and if I do not pay by the 7th then there is another charge which is my car payment is added on to the $3400. This company is very shady. They do not accept cc payments, just bank drafts only and if by credit card, you use Western Union. Again, I never received any warning of a repo, letter, certified letter, or telephone call.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I bought a new car this year. My loan was process incorrectly due date for pay dates. Before I signed the car agreement the representative told me that my first payment was due the 5 of the each month. I told him, "I can’t do the 5th of each month. You have my paycheck stubs and you know I get paid the 10th and the 25th." I am constantly getting late fees. I have called them to change it because it was their mistake. If they had proof of my pay dates and they said I had to pay 90.80 and extra amount each time this is very ridiculous. I am requesting a phone call from this people to get my correct pay dates.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

My girlfriend had her car finance with Ally and it has been a nightmare... They repo her car after her being 45 days late and after she had sent in the payment... Then when we have call to try and ratify the situation they want her to pay her next payment in advance of the due date and pay for the repo service before they release the car... My advice don't deal with these individuals. If she had read the negative review prior to her buying the car she would have tried to finance through another lender.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I keep paying over and it keeps telling me I owe the following month and so on. I can't figure out how I was under 16,000 3 months ago paying over every time and I still owe 15823. I can never get anyone that knows anything on the phone. And they just yes you to death. I seen bad reviews last year and worst ones this year. The dealer I bought car from is just as bad but that's another story. I guess shady businesses stick together.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ally Bank?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

My lease was supposed end on 11/22 0217 and I returned the vehicle on 11/04/2017 after paying off 36 payments as the contract. Now I received the letter from Ally saying it is an early termination and they will charge me a difference after they sell the vehicle at auction. I don't think I am not the only one and thinking about lawsuit.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I started a loan through Ally a little after the first of the year... Made all my payments on time, come August I lost my job and got to the point where I have to decide what bills matter most... so I call Ally and explain everything to them. They proceed to tell me that they won’t tag the 2 payments I missed on to the end of the loan due to it being a young loan. I called and talked to a friend who works at a different bank and they told me that Ally could if they wanted to. Ally has such a high interest rate that it makes the car almost not worth having. Then I get a letter that says to have a payment in by November 22 or it will be repossessed, after receiving the letter days after this due date I guess it’s time to get all my stuff out and wait for them to pick it up. Bonus I got a new job and am going to lose it also because I have to have a car for this job...

Don’t go with Ally. They aren’t your “allies”. They are bunch of rude, non-English speaking people that bend you over and break it off into you. Every time I get in my car I cry because it’s either I pay the car or my apartment. If I try to do both I don’t have enough money for food let alone a rag or Kleenex to cry into. My grandmother is my co-signer and they called daily harassing her because I was late in October. I thought that they would be somewhat helpful but they aren’t. Their tv ads are full of crap... I wish I got the chance to know what company I was forced to use before I signed the paperwork... The dealership didn’t tell me beforehand. I feel the dealerships find young victims and make them use then ruin their credit when something bad happens.

Their customer service sucks, the people are hard to understand at best. Then one person tells you it’s ok. Just try to make a payment in 60 days, the next day another person calls and says since you are late by 45 days. They are going to start the repossession process. You call Ally then get placed on hold for hours at a time. I would call at 15:00 and just be placed on hold until 19:00 at times. They don’t even care that you lost your job, they are all heartless, rude. If I’m ever able to get another car it won’t be using Ally to finance the car... I’m going to try to refinance before I lose my car... Hopefully it works...

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

We purchased two vehicles from a Chevrolet Dealer. Therefore we have two separate accounts with Ally Auto for these vehicles. Ally haven't got a clue what they are doing. I can't set up two different accounts online because one car is under my wife's SS No. and the other through my SS No. I pay each month, even when they forget to send out a bill for our Ford Focus. I have just found out that my account for the Equinox is screwed up. I am very careful with my money and would say that if you have had any experience talking to these guys you will come off the phone feeling very nervous. I still need clarification on payments I have made.

To make matters worse, I invest money in stock and was a happy TradeKing customer. They were very good. Helpful. Then they moved their business to Ally. Ally Financial is sketchy at best. Every second day their website is down. Then it comes back up only for an hour later for it to crash again. This is not good if you want to buy and sell on the markets. And their incompetence does not promote confidence in how they are handling your money. I believe Ally is an internet bank. I would be very wary about buying a car or investing your money through them. I would also read the other reviews about this company. And believe them.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

My lease was up Oct 25. I returned the car Oct 12, they reported to the credit agencies that it was a early termination!!! WTF are they for real, I called them 5 times I got no place, and to top it all off it's now Nov 21 and I cant get the final amount that is owed. They said the car needs to be sold at auction for them to close the acct. I said, "What does the AUCTION have to do with me? I have a lease!!!" WOW so bottom line it still shows active on my credit report and in the comments it's a early termination... DOES anyone have a email to their legal department???

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Michael (Employee ID: **) is a complete idiot and deserves to be unemployed. I called in to inquire if a credit card payment was an option through the App, which he stated “Yes;” but currently the app is experiencing technical difficulties. I have been hearing about these technical difficulties for a year and a half know. The solution he presented was for me to knock on my neighbors' doors at 9 pm EST to inquire if number one they have a desktop device, and two if I can use the computer the make my payment. Michael then stated, "Or you can pay via phone and pay an additional $7.50". I then stated, "It not my fault Ally Financial is technically not sound", then he responds, "Well I gave you options". Keep in mind the options were knocking on a neighbors door. What an idiot!!

Stay away altogether from this company and if you currently use then refinance. I am going to post this everywhere I can. This is the worst finance company!! I wish I could give a negative rating, one star is too much!! Michael then proceeded to call me dumb, weird, etc. I asked to speak with a supervisor, he then proceeded to say supervisors don’t exist. If I thought Ally cared I would take the time to call a supervisor and have the call reviewed, but if this character behaves this way, it’s probably because there is no recourse for this type of behavior Confirmation.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

We were debating to turn in our lease early or keep it until the lease was up. We purchased a 3 year lease and paid it off within the first year. We also had extra money that was included in the lease to cover any potential issues that there might be when we turn it in. When I called to speak to Ally about getting my unused prepaid miles money back they said I would get it if I returned the vehicle. We were excited, because we were over 4500 miles under our mileage, which we had paid for in the agreement. Since we had already paid the lease off, the payback on mileage was a welcome discussion.

Long story short, they found no issues with the vehicle except for the tires, which they said was a little under what they required. No problem, because I had money in the lease agreement and a rebate from miles that should easily cover that and then some. NO... The extra money built into the lease doesn't cover tires. (Imagine that) also there is no mileage payback. WHAT, we just spoke to them and that's what they told us. So not only did we turn in our vehicle 3 months before the lease was up, we get hit with tire fees. Total scam. We could have driven the vehicle for another 3 months (for free may I add, because again we had already paid it off) and they refuse to give "logical" explanations. I will never lease a vehicle through Ally again! Take my advice and move on from Ally when looking for a bank to lease through.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

My original loan was financed a car through Ally Financial, Oct. 2, 2017 I refinance with my credit union down the street from my house... Thinking this would make life easier and payment would be lower... I started receiving calls and emails from Ally stating my payment was late and that I needed to make a payment ASAP... I called 10/19/17 only to find out my account was still active and I had late charges applied to my account? So I called my bank. They said they sent the payoff (via overnight) and waiting for title? I called Ally daily. They said they have never received the payoff and wanted me to make a payment?

After several days they advise stopping payment on payoff and send another check? Okay old check cancelled and new check was sent via overnight... I called back and was told they found the original check and all I owe is 38.00 for late charges... Lol... Well that 1st check was cancelled because Ally advised my new lender to cancel and send a new check... So here we go again... Same games... Once they received the 2nd check they called my new lender and said they could not accept the payoff check because the 1st check from them was cancelled??? And now my account is in collections... I am so frustrated... Horrible company... These people lie, and will say anything just to get you off the phone...

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I have CD's with them and stock trading accounts - one I manage and one managed by an advisor. I'll review my experiences separately as they relate to these different products: CD - recommend. I'm happy with their rates. They're higher than just about anything else I've seen in the market and I've done my research pretty exhaustively. Also Ally has no penalty CD's with a relatively low balance minimum that's almost unheard of at the bigger banks.

Stock investing - neutral. My portfolio has averaged a 7% return even though the markets are doing great... and this is compared to a portfolio I have at Vanguard with the same risk matrix that's making around 15%. But still I'm ok with it because it's been consistent and fees are relatively low and pay for themselves since a lot of the assets they have me invested in pay dividends that outweigh the advisor fees. Their platform is not that great. Ally acquired TradeKing this year but TK was real time and easy to use, showing both day and overall gains/losses. Post-acquisition, the mobile app only shows daily movement, and everything is delayed both on the website and mobile version, making day trading impossible or at best a total crapshoot.

Customer Service - so/so. Super painful experience for me when Ally acquired TradeKing since I had accounts at both with the same username. One seemingly took precedence over the other and for a couple of months they couldn't seem to find $50,000 from the TK account that was in effect cannibalized by the Ally one. Also around the same time I got married and changed my name. They had a hard time understanding I now had one name that needed to be on all of my accounts and that they needed to be accessed with one central login. But they got it all figured out eventually (approx. 2 months and 15 phone calls later). However I will say Customer Service wait times have always been low in my experience, they're friendly and they seem to be based in the US.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Paid my car loan months ago. Ally allegedly sent title to wrong address. If they did, they would have had it returned. Never contacted me. I called customer service. Difficult to work with them. They said they needed to send me a form. They can't send to my email, which has my name in it, but they can send to an obscure fax number at my work. They said 24-48 hours to send a fax--really? It is now past 48 hours and no fax and no title in sight.

I called back. Difficult again. The lady first said she would send title in 5-7 days. I asked to expedite so I can buy another car. She said she would. Then she said she needed to give me a number and put on hold. When she came back, she said she was wrong and now cannot send my title. She said they need to send me info and I need to go to a DMV office and get my own title. Months since payoff. Still no title and sign that title will be here soon. Terrible customer service. Never missed a payment, never late on my end. Not the same for Ally.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

2nd bad experience I've had with them. I leased a Chevy Volt in 2015. 39-month lease. I started out mailing my payments in, since they don't do online banking. Unless you want to pay a $5.00 service fee to Western Union every time. When my payments weren't posting on time, I was told "We have very poor mail service in Chicago". Imagine that. America's 2nd biggest financial service city has lousy mail. Takes weeks to get a letter. I still owe 9 payments (I'm currently 3 payments ahead). I called up for a payoff. $147.00 x 9 = about $1300. My contract says I can buy the car at the end of the lease for $6,995.00. They quote me a payoff of over $18,000. I tell them what my contract says. They won't budge off the higher number. These people are thieves. Before I hung up, I asked if they had the Florida Attorney General’s phone number handy, because, that's my next call.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Customer service is all outsourced to foreign countries who have no clue how to deal with issues. If anything real happens they just pass you in a circle of inexperienced workers, that somehow have no manager. It’s insane, you can’t talk to management if you wanted. They always lie and say management is unavailable but they will put you in a line to have a return call within 48 hours. They don’t call. This company needs to be shut down. I’m considering lawsuit at this point as I can’t even talk to a manager.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I began reading so many reviews from people that had complaints from experiences with natural disasters with Ally so I figured I'd share mine. I live in Santa Rosa CA with my wife and two sons, 6 years and 8 months. We are currently experiencing wildfires that have been classified as the worst wildfires in the history of CA. I woke up on Oct 9 2017 to my hometown on fire. The fires moved so fast through the city because of 60-70 mile per hour winds. My wife office building was in the middle of it and she still hasn't been able to go to work.

On the 10th I called Ally first thing in the morning because my bill was due on the 17th and scheduled for Autopay. I called to request a single, one month, extension so I could use that extra money for a hotel and needs for my family should we be evaluated. First off, when you call you get a rep in the Philippines. The woman that I spoke to didn't understand what a wildfire was and I had to explain it to her. Then she began processing the request but when she started reading me the disclosure it was as if it were a normal extension and I needed to pay a partial payment. I requested a supervisor who then submitted the request for approval and told me that it would take no more than 24-48 hours to get a response and she would call me and keep me updated. She hasn't called once.

Last night I called and asked the status to which I was told that it was still pending and awaiting approval. I called again this morning, Friday the 13th, three days later, and was still told it was pending. I blew up at the "supervisor" who isn't really a supervisor but a "customer relations expert" and got her to transfer me to a person in the USA that had a brain and understood what a wildfire was. The rep in the USA that I spoke to told me that she spoke to her supervisor and she was going to forward my request to him so he could try to expedite the request and get a response. They told me numerous times that they could cancel the payment scheduled for the 17th but I refused because I don't want to do that in case they for whatever stupid reason decide to deny it.

So far we have been evacuated once and still are on alert because the Nun's fire is bearing down on us. Ally doesn't care it seems. I contacted my other financial institution on that same morning I first called Ally and had an extension approved within an hour for this disaster we are in the midst of. When I spoke to Ally I stated, "Is this what those poor people in Texas and the other areas had to deal with when they were hit by the hurricane that devastated their towns?" I find this to be a horrible way to do business. Ally only cares about one thing and that is money. I plan on getting a new loan and transferring my business to a different loan company. Ally is the worst and I will never use them again, if you have common sense and see all these reviews you too will steer away from them. Hope this review helps others, Ally really is horrible.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

This company is terrible. I was told I'd have my refund in 3-5 business days. When the 5 days were up, I called to ask where my check was (they double charged me even though the app didn't say I'd get charged at the end of the month) and they told me it will be here at the end of the month (so basically 30 day refund). They beat around the bush saying they don't control the refund. Why even be in business? The woman sounded clueless. Don't do business with these people. Finding a new bank asap. They don't even offer refinancing.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

After reading all these complaints I had to do this, It's Funny Listening to Ally's TV Commercials. They Are Full of ** and they are definitely not your Ally. They are your Eminem!!! Don't ever walk into a dealership and use this company to Lease or Buy a Car or Truck or they will bend you over and stick it where the sun don't shine. I was going to buy my truck that I leased from them but they wouldn't budge on the price, so guess what? I went to the dealership and leased a new truck through GM Financial and they are great.

Best of all I am not talking to some stupid Indian over in India that hasn't got a clue how to speak English. It's funny they think that they are smarter than you when you are on the phone with them, it's like talking to a Craigslist scammer. I think it's the same people. Well anyway had to put my 2 cents in and warn people to stay away From (Ally). Terrible business people. I don't think Ally will be around much longer anyway. People get burned and never ever forget it!!!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

If you are looking for a loan company with numerous ways to pay your bill, Ally may be right for you. But if you are one of those that don’t have trouble paying your bill and then expect to get your title in a timely manner, then go elsewhere, it is not worth the lies and frustration they will put you through. The title is at a third party company, they have no control over it whatsoever apparently! A send out date is put into their computer automatically, 10 days after they receive your final payment, no matter how you pay, and every time you call to follow up, they will tell you that it was sent out on that date. And that’s all they will tell you for 10 more working days after that.

After the days when you don’t receive it, not once will they confirm that it was sent or bother to look into the issue at all. Instead, they have the nerve to blame you and the mail service, “are you sure you didn’t get it? It comes in a blue envelope from another company”. YES ALLY, I'M SURE for the 100th time! Well considering I’ve been waiting by the mail box for a month now, I know it’s not me. And I have not had any problems with the mail service, I have received every single bill from them like clockwork. Even though they will not admit fault or help in anyway, it’s hard to believe them when I requested copies of the title 4 times, 2 by fax and 2 by mail, and have not received one of them. Yes I do have a handful of confirmation numbers, so where are they? You might as well just throw them out, they don’t mean anything.

We had a buyer for said vehicle and an appointment set up at their bank, well we never got our copy of our title and the release of lien letter faxed to us and we never got the follow up phone call that we were supposed to get, so not only was it a huge inconvenience to everyone, but we now lost that buyer. Finally over a month later, after calling and complaining numerous times, we finally received a release of lien letter (not copy of the title), they said we can take to the DMV ourselves to request a replacement title at our own cost which we are now doing. We have also filed a complaint with the BBB…. To be continued.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

My daughter was on a missing persons list and was seriously injured... She was not behind on her payment with this company but called for the most of extension they offered. They said it was 60 day. Her doctor had written her a note to the company saying that she would not be able to work for at least 90 but we take what we can take... Now, I'm am her mom and the cosigner on the account but 4 days after we found my daughter we were hit with Hurricane Irma and had thousands of dollars done to our property and had no way to even get to work for weeks without power... Ally kept calling me and sending me letters to pay this extension fee. I don't understand a fee because she was not even late on payment. And I had no money due to this hurricane to make the extension payment.

Needless to say day after day I'm getting calls and letters and having to relive this horrible experience of my daughter almost dying and the challenge of our home and town being devastated by hurricane... Each time I would talk to a person they would, "Say no worries. Everything is okay. You are approved for extension with no fees." Only to get a call again and another letter in two more days... The emotional abuse I am receiving from the collection team is unreal. NOW REMEMBER the payment is not even behind and they are hounding me to pay an extension fee...

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I'm not sure where to even begin. My husband and I refinanced my vehicle that was originally financed with Ally. Since we had bought GAP insurance they were to refund us the balance of 900+ bucks. After calling and canceling it we were assured that we would have a check within 10 days. When that came and gone we were told that the policy changed and the car dealership had it (WTF?). Car dealership said they declined it and it would go back to Ally. Then Ally said yes but it takes 30-45 days to refund. Ummm you can just keep my money for 45 days? Ok so we wait 6 weeks and still no refund.

Call again, nobody knows where the money is, they will call us back. No callback so we call again, a special department is handling it, they will call us within 24 hours. No callback, we call again. Ally financial says that the refund is handled by Ally products, three way them in on convo. They argue over who handles it and both decide it's on the dealer. While on the phone with them I go to the dealer. The finance people at the dealer say they are waiting on a lien release from Ally to cut the check. Long story short, after 7 weeks of dozens of phone calls we still have no refund and should be fluent in the Indian language.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Absoluteness the worst experience I've ever had, dealing with a bank!!! Allied Financial has financed three autos for me. I have paid my auto bills in compliance to contracts/as agreed. They are erroneously reporting that I owe $178.00 to the credit bureaus!! Which that amount has been paid in full, the amount has nothing to do with the principal. I have received letters from the bank confirming the same, "PAID IN FULL". Each CSR I have spoken with has given me the runaround. Now my credit has taken a hit due to their inaccurate reporting. I will try one last time to get this matter resolved prior to escalating to the CEO. This matter has been going on since May 2017.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I am currently debating on buying out my lease which ends in January. When I called to speak to Ally about getting my unused prepaid miles money back they said I would get it if I returned the vehicle, but if I decided to buy the vehicle I would lose my money. I asked for an explanation and got none. Asked for a supervisor and asked them to explain it to me and they couldnt give me an explanation. So, I called back two more time trying to get an answer as to why they would not refund my money and all I get is because thats how it's done. I feel like they are stealing my money! Is this even legal?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

After making all payments on time, it came time to finish my payments and collect my title. Then I get hit suddenly with a $13 finance fee. I call the company. No one at the customer service center can help, I keep getting transferred. Basically I need to send a certified check for $13 so that my title can be released, after paying more than $32,000. Does this make any sense? So I send the certified check. Then they post an online payment and say I have to wait 2 weeks for the payment to clear. So I wasted my time even sending the check. They will not reverse the online payment without waiting an additional 2 weeks. All over $13 and it was their mistake.

You cannot call the same person who is working on your account, every time you have to call a random person and go through the entire process of explaining the situation over and over. They also do not believe in email for some reason. What a horrible experience. I will never use them again. After being a loyal customer for 6 years and making every payment on time, this is the thanks I get.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Many of us are Hurricane Victims. We live in evacuation zones. I am a professional artist. I teach classes to make money. During times of Hurricane we not only can't teach, we have to relocate, we have no power for over a week. Once I got power I was able to look at the ALLY BANK statement with large fees charged. When I asked due to my situation if they would consider waiving the large fees they said maybe 14.00 but nothing more. I see other people also posting problems who are Hurricane Disaster victims. This company is not assisting us at all. In fact they are making money from the disaster. I am so glad my car is almost paid off so I cannot have to deal with ALLY HEARTLESS BANK ever again.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

My son bought a car which I cosigned on. He went through some financial difficulties and fell behind on payments. Didn't tell me so I wouldn't worry. I get a call and a message at the end of the week from a number I do not recognize, and a name I do not recognize without the reason for the call or the company the call came from. I finally called that woman back on Saturday, It turned out she called from Ally Bank regarding the amount we owe for the car or the car will be repossessed. I asked her "How much to stop the repossession?" She gave me an amount which I immediately paid. The car was repossessed anyway. The woman's name is Charlotte and the phone number **.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I mail my payment off every single month to Ally. The one time I mail it before a holiday it's late. I told the representative it was a holiday in the US so the post office was closed. He said, "Well it matters about the date". I said, "No it don't as long as my payment is sent out before my due date." I don't work at the post office so I don't know the process of holidays & timing of mail. I just know it has a date on there the money order & envelope. He said "Well it's late." My thing is why can't I talk to someone in America? I mail my payment in America it goes to an American address. The customer service is horrible. No one knows what's going on. I can't understand the people on the phone.

They never answer my question. I talked to 5 people in one day. My question never got answered. I really dislike this bank. I will be switching to a credit union asap. (They also dropped my credit score because of a miscommunication error on their end). I said "Why didn't anyone call me?" "Oh we tried." I said, "No voice mail or anything." I said, "Verizon calls me so does Capital One." Ally customer service is horrible. I will be leaving this company asap. Hope everyone else does too. Instead of outsourcing the company somewhere international why not have American workers?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

DO NOT DO IT! I had never felt emotionally abused by a company causing me to feel anxious and so judged. The girl I spoke with today was angry from the start. She claimed she wasn't but working in the medical field I know smart remarks when I hear them. During our 16 min conversation I was trying to explain to her that I will be making a payment but I couldn't at the moment. She then continued to have an attitude and said they've already done all they could for more and I told her I understood but if she looked at her previous note the reasons I fell behind was because of medical reasons and I was trying to catch up.

I don't know what made her feel superior to make a comment like "I'm understand but I'm not the one who's 3 month behind on my car payment." As if she had her life all figured out which just left me in shock. Not only that I tried explaining that I had decided to go back to school and that had cause me to fall back a 3 month and being short notice that I paid out of pocket for it. She then told me that I need to get my priorities "straightened out. What was more important my school or my car?" I was in complete shock by then. I never knew a company could ever let their "Customers Srv" dept talk to their own customers like incompetent people.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Financed a new 2011 Tahoe with Ally. Have had loan for about 5 1/2 years with no late payments. Decided to sell the vehicle and with electronic funds paid off the loan balance of about $3,300.00. Funds were deposited into Ally bank on 8/14/17. Was told they had to hold the funds for 10 days to verify them. Nothing to verify, they had the funds (not a check). In fact I received a check in the amount of $0.39 for interest over-payment less than a week later. I argued that there was no reason to wait to verify funds and the title should be released immediately. However, it seems that Ally follows this procedure regardless. They informed me that the title would be released for processing by 8/24/17. I asked for them to expedite the release (since they truly had the funds), and that I would pay an expedite fee to have the title sent overnight. They refused and said that was not possible (obviously could care less about the customer's needs).

Long story short, I have a buyer for the vehicle, but no title. It is 9/1/17 and still no title. I have spoken to customer service in the Philippines several times and all they tell me is it was mailed on the 24th of August from Maryland. I am in Alabama and I can tell you it does not take the postal service more than 3 to 4 days to deliver mail. They cannot prove it was mailed on 8/24/17 and have no way to track the mailing (regular post). It is hard to believe that they would send an official document with no way to verify where it is or if it was received. Their answer to me is, give it a little longer. How long do I wait to know if it is lost. They said they had done what they were supposed to do and it is my problem now. That means that I am going to lose a sale of my vehicle $25,000, and have to take my time and money to file for a replacement title. This will take a while and by then, I will have to find another buyer.

All this could have been prevented if Ally would have allowed me to pay to expedite the processing and the overnight fee, which I have done with other lenders in the past. I asked the customer service representative what customer service he had given me, and his reply was, "I have answered your questions." No, "you have only told me your procedure and what is in the computer," which I already knew. I still have no idea where my title is or when it was mailed for sure... As an owner of a public business, it seems really stupid to have a customer with which you have had an excellent relationship with over 5 years and then at the end, make them so mad over an Ally procedure, they will never do business with Ally again. Guess they have plenty of business.

BOTTOM LINE: Ally cares nothing about retaining you as a customer, they care nothing about you, there is no procedure for flexibility, and they only care about "their" procedures, and evidently new customers to them are a "dime a dozen." ADVICE: If you have an auto loan with Ally and you plan to sell your vehicle, payoff your loan at least a month before listing it and hope you get your title.

Ally Bank Company Information