Formerly GMAC

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.99/5

Ally Bank Reviews

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I’ve been an Ally customer for over two years and I love it. I use it only for a savings account and regulate send money to my checking account at another bank and vice versa. What I really love is while it would cost money to transfer money from my other bank to ally, if I initiate the transaction from ally, it’s free. Also the interest rates are super high!! Of course that varies so it’s always changing but it’s still way higher than most other banks. Also, anytime I’ve called I’ve immediately spoken to someone and they were super helpful. I love ally and would use them anytime. I highly suggest it for a savings account.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I would recommend Ally Bank to anyone. The customer service is commendable as is the interest paid on accounts. This online bank also offers competitive rates on home loans and provide exceptional assistance every step of the way. I have never experienced difficulty meeting requirements needed to complete the process. The feeling of being treated like a person instead of just a number adds to my being committed to the outstanding service Ally provides in every aspect of involvement experienced by me as a client. Rest assured that you to could expect an identical association throughout once connected with a professional representative of this established online programs available to the public. OUTSTANDING COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE. Thanks for the opportunity to express my pleasure.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Prior to changing over 100% to Ally Bank (online) was with US Bank who had horrid service, no interest to sneeze at, website didn't work 24/7-couldn't talk to anyone unless 9-5 M-F. Since with ALLY, am extremely happy with their Banking and even re-fied my Home thru them. AWESOME! Interest checking .10, Savings was at 2.18, down this mo. to 2.08 constant interest. Banking online is the only way to go. IF I need Cash, go to grocery store get cash back, can go to any ATM, Ally will pay $10 if you use any other than theirs monthly. Checks, can scan and instant front/back in bank and usable next day. My Checking/Savings accts all get interest. Chat online for instant answers about anything. OR call Toll Free No. same thing. 24/7. Can't lose - it's a def. WIN WIN!

Original review: July 28, 2019

Well first of all I've had a hard time getting financed. For the fact that they were able to finance my vehicle made a huge difference to me. Anytime I've had a question or an issue about anything whatsoever all I had to do was to Simply pick up the telephone and place a phone call to the customer service line where an actual human being and not a robot directed me exactly what to do and what steps I should take to solve the issue that I would be having at that particular Moment In Time. That says a lot to me.

Customer service is starting to slowly become a thing of the past and when I can call a number and speak to an actual human being and one that can speak English well nonetheless makes a world of difference to me and puts me in a better mood. There was a time not very long ago that I was not able to make my car payment on time and instead of giving me a hassle about it or charging me any type of the late fee May simply extended my due date. As a single mother who works two jobs that is very helpful to me because sometimes we need that extra extensions to push through. I would definitely recommend this Bank even though I am paying 18% interest rate. I would rather pay high interest rate on a car than to not have one at all. It is a 2013 GMC Terrain black on black and I absolutely love it and I believe that it is worth every penny that I pay in the payment as well as the interest.

Original review: May 12, 2019

The initial process was 100% until it went to the loan section. The person working on this screwed everything up. Didn't know how to handle trust documents/ never had before. Cost me $45 in FedEx overnight - wouldn't refund. Was told I would get copy of Deed of Trust after it recorded DIDN'T! Had to call the title co. and have them send me copy. 1 month after it all was paid and closed. Should have been done as soon as I paid the final closing cost. Then tried to cover his **, afterwards by telling false statements about what really happened. Because of his negligence and improper training left bad feelings.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ally Bank?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

I was trying to get them to update my personal information and forward my title, so that I can obtain my tags in the state that I now live in. I sent all the info they need to have this done a month ago. I call to see why my info has not been updated and I got hung up on 4 times, no one could answer a direct question. No one knew anything. After 8 attempts, I asked if they could give me the # to the Kentucky office; and the Asian woman said " I can give you an American operator" WHAT!! Horrible, rude, and incompetent!! Wish I could give a zero.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

Ally switched my mortgage from Cenlar. Ally failed to pay my insurance where my insurance was declined and forced me into their insurance which was 3x more. They refused to return my call to date in order to resolve any of the issue. Worst customer service! Avoid Ally at all cost!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I logged into my account today and see a past due payment. I was completely baffled by this as I had Autopay. Since December 2017 my Autopay has come out of my checking each month. I used the chat and became frustrated as they wanted to charge me a late charge. I finally got an answer that they did an upgrade to their system in January and my Autopay must have been deleted. They then told me they would ask a manager to forego my late charge. I explained in no uncertain terms that I had no intention of paying a late charge for something they caused. I went ahead and made a payment to bring me up to date and requested someone call me so I can discuss the problem.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I have owned various cars and dealt with many banking institutions that finance autos (due to my husband being a car enthusiast) and have never experienced the unprofessionalism. Since the conception of the transfer of the lease, Ally has been unorganized and has given conflicting answers to both the applicant and I. We understand now why multiple car manufacturers/dealerships are steering away from Ally and going a different route for Auto Financing.

Due to me being pregnant, it was unrealistic for me to keep my Aston Martin DB11. I have someone taking over my lease with the swap a lease option. After waiting a month for Ally to eventually get their system up and running correctly (due to a system upgrade in Jan 2020). I then get another delay that the one person in charge of submitting the application information into their system in had the flu, and there would be an additional delay.

Finally, after a month of waiting, I got the great news from the applicant that he got approved, and they would be sending the proper documentation out for both parties to sign. I always trust but verify, so I took it upon myself to call Ally right away. I was given the same news and also got detailed information from the representative that both packages would go out individually. Both the applicant and I are incredibly busy business owners and do not have the time to waist.

Dealing with Ally took a tremendous amount of time out of our lives and lost money due to having to call and get updates consistently. Something we could not have our assistance do. We are proactive and get things done expeditiously. I got another vehicle based on the basis that Ally let us know the applicant got approved. The applicant moved forward on getting the insurance for the car as well. We both delayed and accommodated our month of February to be available for the transfer of lease so we could both be present and get the documents notarized, be present to get the vehicle registered under the new applicant's name.

Surprisingly now Ally is saying we were given wrong information from the representative Neidra. I requested to speak with the supervisor who was unavailable at the time. I let the representative Neidra know I was demanding that the supervisor listens to the recorded audios of them, providing us the information that the applicant had gotten approved. I let her know I had to rearrange my day based on having to call the Jacksonville office who handles the transfer of the lease, and I needed a call back as soon as possible.

John **, the supervisor, of course, didn't call me back when we called him he said he needed more time to review the information, that at the moment he did not have it all accessible. The applicant and I demanded time and that it be corrected, and we needed answers based on Supervisor John; he had said the end of day 2/6/2020 he would have an answer. Then he changed his response to he would need by the end of day 2/6 to 2/7 again another delay and change of stories. I encourage everyone not to use Ally. I will give an update on the outcome.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

So I get my bill this month, February the amount due is $0. I call up to ask why, they say, "Your next bill is in March," not even what I asked. I said, "You did not answer my question, why is my bill $0?" She said, "You must have paid February," I replied, "No I did not, I literally just got the bill, plus I'm looking online on my bank, and Ally there is no record of payment, what should I do?" She replied, "You can either make it or not, it's up to you." HUH? So I asked, "Will I get a late fee if I don't pay it," she replied, "There's no late fees on here that I see," again not even what I asked. Anyways, I paid it. Just fyi, doesn't look like Ally has their head on straight, and I have a savings account through them, I'm gonna have to rethink that.

Not sure about Ally Bank?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right mortgage company for you.

Ally Bank Company Information