1.06/5
Based on 150 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Formerly GMAC

861 Ally Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I purchased a vehicle around four years ago and I have had Ally Financial the whole time in January/ February 2018. I went in and underwent cancer surgery. I was behind on my payment for 2 months, every month after that I had made my payments on time on my credit report stated that I was still behind every single month. I had paid up one of those payments so I'm only behind one in the last 4 years but now they seem to have forgotten to take out my automatic payments so it looks like all of my payments in 2018 are late if you have an automatic payment wouldn't you think that they would come out automatically. Once my vehicle is paid off in full I will never use Ally Financial for any of my financial needs ever again.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Everything was fine until I switched bank accounts and needed to re enroll in the automatic payment withdraw (auto loan). Apparently that was an invitation to screw me out of money because I've been told by several agents that they are not authorized and that they can only accept payments over the phone with you guessed it, added fees. After arguing with several agents and missing car payments I finally got a representative that told me she was going to re enroll me. Well that didn't happen and yea you guessed it again. They added late fees for the payment they didn't take out. Nobody that works there seems to understand English unless you stop making your payments then you get someone who lies to you. Terrible company. I don't how these people sleep at night.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Returned Jeep to dealership, photos taken. A few exterior scratches. Otherwise Jeep is in great shape/Very Well taken care of, the 3 Years I leased it. I seen photos from the 3rd party who assessed the Jeep. Some photos were NOT on my Jeep when I handed it in to Sterling Heights Dodge!!! I've leased 6-7 Jeeps, NEVER had any issues!!! Mileage was at 12,000 miles over a 3 YEAR PERIOD!!! Interior was perfect!! I had regular oil changes/tires looked at every oil change. Parkway mostly! 3 years of driving a vehicle has to have wear and tear.

Come on! My past leases were all tip top! My credit score is tip top! I respect my property! I feel my Jeep has either been tampered with on a few scratches. I know I had a few scratches however the Jeep is so clean such low mileage I'm shocked and appalled that Ally is insinuating I abused my Jeep!! Do your research on me! Call me!! Look into my other leases, you will see how well I take care of my property! Ally disappoints me terribly. Thank You.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

If I could give no stars I would. No contact I have had with this company in regard to our loan has ever been pleasant. I normally pay my auto loan via the Internet for convenience. However, this month I was not able to. When I attempted to log on I get a message back stating I don’t not have an account. So, I called to attempt to make a payment over the phone. At this point the customer service rep Mary tells me she can’t take my payment and I have to be transferred to the consumer resolution department because I’ve filed for bankruptcy. That’s definitely news to me as I have not filed for bankruptcy and am simply trying to make my monthly payment. Of course, the consumer resolution department is currently closed though so I’m told I’ll have to call back on Monday. My payment is due today. I asked to speak to a supervisor and Angie gets on the phone.

I asked Angie why I couldn’t make a payment and she also tells me that they can’t accept payment from me because I’ve filed bankruptcy. I assure her that I have NOT filed bankruptcy and that I just want to make a payment. Angie then tells me that she can’t take a payment from me and my bankruptcy lawyer will have to call Ally on Monday to resolve my inability to make a payment. I explain again that I have not filed for bankruptcy and therefore do not have a bankruptcy lawyer who can call Ally on Monday. Then Angie asks if I have an attorney at all and I explain that I hired a credit repair company in March, but that has nothing to do with me making a payment today. And, has not had anything to do with any of the payments I’ve made since then until today. Angie continues to state she can’t take my payment and my lawyer has to call Ally.

I asked multiple times to speak to Angie’s supervisor and was told no. I repeatedly asked to simply be able to make a payment today and was told no. I asked when I was going to be notified that the account had been locked due to my non-existent bankruptcy so that I could have tried to resolve this BEFORE my payment was due and no answer was given. So, long story a little shorter, Ally has refused to take my payment today because they insist that I have filed bankruptcy instead of just attempting to have my credit repaired, and I will not be able to make any payments on my account until my bankruptcy lawyer calls them directly. Now, due to the ineptness that permeates from Ally Financial, my payment will be late and I’m sure they’ll charge me late fees. Not really sure how I’m supposed to ever get this resolved since I have no bankruptcy lawyer. For crying out loud!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I got behind on my loan due to losing my housing and I was trying to make arrangements with the company to catch it up. Well they went back on it and came and took the car anyways. I don't know how many times I called them to set something up or to have them stop calling 1,000 times a day. So after they took it, you get referred to a redemption center and they are even worse. In the first 24 hours, they have no info and will not help you then say they have options but have to wait for paperwork to be in. Once the paperwork is in, there are no options and you pay this or you lose your car. Their representatives don't want to help or use the resources the company has. They will lie to your face and put inaccurate notes in their system. The company is a joke. Payment amounts are unreal just like their APR. I will never use them again. I advise people to look elsewhere because you will get better deals and better outcome with a legit company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ally Bank?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Do not lease or sign with Ally. 3 years ago I leased a car Maserati Ghibli from this dealership. At this time, it was a sales team who knew about the car and looked like they have been interested in customer satisfaction. In the next 3 years of this lease, all of this people disappeared and a service disappeared as well. At one time, they took my car for regular maintenance service and kept for it for a week without loaner car to offer and I paid lease for a week without having a car. Every time when had to use the service there was some kind mistake. Once I came to look for a new Levante and salesperson even did not know basics about a car. But worse came at the end of the lease. I had two other cars to drive, so I kept the Maserati, basically as an exotic car with very little use. I had more than 12000 miles unused. It was a car in a perfect condition.

I got a letter from Maserati to do a pre inspection at the end of the lease, when I called the dealership they said it's not necessary. In May, I went oversees and I asked my wife to return the car about 3 weeks before lease expired. She returned the car and has been told that everything fine, but the dealership didn’t return or cancel car plates for 2 months. Just accidentally I found out later that I still paying the insurance on returned vehicle and the plates never been returned. The worse came later, l received a letter from financing company claiming nonexisting excess wear and tear absolutely made up story for $1460.94. I completely deny these charges and would like to be reimbursed my security deposit and one month of the completely unnecessary charges for the insurance.

Three weeks after the car was returned some kind of a so called third party without a client present made up a false assessment about excess wear and it looks to me like an extortion. I actually liked a car and was thinking about leasing a Levante, but after that will never do. I have been leasing cars for many years and never had this kind of experience. Ally financing are complete crooks and dealership knows about them for sure, being in one bed with them they just helping them to screw you. Do not lease do not sign with Ally.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

The loan process was easy, the payment online was also easy, and the interest rate was a bit high. My biggest complaint with the company is customer service. I expect a bank to work with me to help with mistakes happen. The representative I spoke with read from a script and kept repeating herself instead of thinking outside the box to fix a problem of their doing.

I requested pay off on July 7th, 2018. their automated service told me the 10 day pay off which I wrote down and sent the payment. After 15 days I had not seen the lien release so I logged into my account to find I still owed almost $300. As stated above... read from a script. Not only did I have to pay the extra $300 I was not given an explanation for the automated service mistake. She kept reading from a script about how the automated service works. Then she stated that if I wanted the lien release I would have to wait 20 days for processing and shipment via USPS. I asked if I could get the lien release via electronic transmission; no I had to wait for USPS. She did say if I paid cash she could waive a ten day waiting period; so I would have to go to a Western Union or other money transfer service to save ten days but still waiting for the slow mail.

Read from a script the whole time!!! Spent five mintues waiting for a new pay off amount while she rambled on their speech with all the disclaimers. I tried to interrupt and request just the pay off not the full address of legal speech; started over and read the whole speech anyways! She could not deviate from the written script in front of her. I will NEVER do business with a remote bank again. If I can't walk down to my neighborhood bank, speak face to face with a human being, then I will not borrow money. Sad thing is Ally found out we are buying a new house and have been sending us mortgage offers which we were considering. FAT CHANCE NOW, cold day in hell before doing business with a company who directs their employees not to deviate from a script and help a customer. Especially when it's the company's fault!!!

Original review: July 31, 2018

My husband and I leased a car from Auto Nation and they set us up with Ally Bank. We have only made 10 payments on the car when my husband passed away. After his passing I could no longer afford the car on one income. I contacted Ally Bank to let them know what had happened and what did I need to do to turn the car back in and end the lease because I could no longer afford it. Not only did Ally Bank remove my husband's name from our account, which also meant that I could not log in to access our information, without my permission, they said they would do nothing to help me. I did not notify them of his passing, they just did that all on their own.

When I called they either wanted me to turn in the car for a large fee to break the lease or they want to charge me $11,000 more than the car is even worth! I am now a single mom with two kids stuck with this lease and Ally Bank would do nothing to help. Please don't use this bank they don't care about their customers and when you need help the most they will do nothing to help you! I had a friend who lost her husband. Her bank considered his passing a hardship to the family and had her just turn back in the car. This bank cares nothing about people only their bottom line! DON'T USE ALLY BANK!!!

Original review: July 28, 2018

I paid off my vehicle in full. The payoff amount was received before the change date. However they processed the payment after receipt date and instead of backdating they have charged 4 extra days of interest. I am repeatedly calling and writing letters until I receive the extra four days of interest. It's the principle. I'm not sure this is a good place to do business with.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I have been with Ally bank for three years. I have never missed a payment. I have other loans with Hyundai and BMW as well. I tried to sign up for automatic payments, and each time I did this, there was an error saying, "Come back later." I am very busy running two companies, and most of my payments are on auto pay. I had forgotten about it, and missed one payment. I wasn’t aware of it until I went on my credit report, and it showed I had missed two payments!

I called Ally, and they were nice enough, but they kept putting me on hold, and said I had to speak to multiple reps etc. I told them it was a mistake, and can they remove the late payment from my credit report. My score took a 40 point hit! They said they would contact the credit department and see if they could give me a one time courtesy in removing the late payment from my credit. The gentleman gave me his extension and told me to call back in a few days. When I called him back a few days later, I left a message for him to return my call. I never heard back from him. I checked my report and the late payment was still there. They removed the two late payments, but kept the one I did miss, on my report.

I understand it was my fault. I get that. My issue is, I have been an excellent customer for the last three years, yet they couldn’t remove that mark as a one time courtesy knowing I have been on time throughout the course of my loan? I have had banks work with me when there may have been an oversight and other financial companies will do the same. This company is awful, and I will never work with them again. My credit score will climb back up soon enough because I have multiple loans and credit I pay on time every month. I run two companies myself, and I always work with my customers.

I buy automobiles for my business quite frequently, and I will make sure I never get another auto loan from this company. Here’s a tip for you Ally... Try working with your customers, especially with customers who pay on time every month for years. Mistakes happen. I could see if I was late every month, or every other month, then I will take the hit, but I wasn’t. You lost a good customer once my loan is paid off, and I will make sure to never recommend your services to other business owners I deal with.

Original review: July 27, 2018

Ally is a most horrible bank to finance with. Besides the fact that the GM Equinox that I leased was a piece of crap, with no pickup whatsoever, dealing with Ally was a nightmare. First of all, I returned the car in July, but only received the final payoff in mid September, 77 days later. And before I even had a chance to read the letter, the phone calls began, relentlessly multiple times a day. I had gap insurance to cover damages, but they refused to co-operate with me to make a claim. I finally had to write them a letter to cease and desist from contacting me my telephone. And to top it off, Ally made a wreck of my credit score. I will never consider buying GM or dealing with Ally. So should you.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I have a Buick Enclave that was financed with Ally. I was fine with my experience until last week. I'm getting rid of the car but had a balance of $ 1022 on the loan so I paid it with an ACH debit from my checking account. The $ is gone from my checking account but now I'm told it takes about 15 days... WHAT?? The buyer isn't going to wait. This is ridiculous!! The customer service people (very poor English, hard to understand) said they have to wait for $ to get to them. GET WHERE? Everything is electronic, it's been taken from account. If I had gone with my local credit union (which had the same rates) I could have paid and had title cleared on the spot... NEVER AGAIN WILL I USE ALLY. I'm losing the buyer because of them. Photo is of account page that says... paid in full.

Original review: July 26, 2018

By far the worst bank and customer service. We purchased a vehicle financed through Ally Bank. Everything was good, easy to make online payments until the our vehicle was totaled. As soon as Ally found out the vehicle was totaled they cut off online access without notifying and we had to mail in checks. Our insurance was trying to pay them off, they just needed Ally to fill out paperwork which took them over a week and that's because I kept calling every day to have the paperwork done. After the insurance paid them off we had a small balance left which they refused to work out a different payment plan and said we had to pay in full, in which one of their customer service representative had said they would be able to do. We always made payments on time sometimes even early and it was ridiculous that they couldn't work out a payment plan for the balance. Never again will we use them as they do not value their customers.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I called in to make my payment which is due today, and John employee # ** refused to connect me to speed pay so that I can make a payment. I then asked to speak to the supervisor and he also refused. If my car is repoed because of this dumb ** I will sue.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Personal experience... I’m am extremely disappointed with the process and dealing with this bank! You have to fax or mail in an application, no one to talk to, no online application and over two weeks to review and/or process. Once they come to a decision (in my case no approval, which is fine) but then again only to be faced with no one willing to discuss anything as to how a decision was made.

As an individual with over 780 score, homeowner, positive credit and solid income, I was extremely disappointed with the process and lack of customer service (or caring) in dealing with this bank! I am confused how this bank will not get on the phone or deal with you other than through US Postal Service or Fax... I mean seriously this is 2018! Checking with the credit bureaus it seems they did not even verify my credit as part of the decision making process? Worst customer experience I have ever experienced.

Original review: July 20, 2018

This was my first time calling in because normally my husband calls in. The agent I had was very rude, talked over me, and was not helpful at all. He huffed and puffed at every question I had and raised his voice several times. I've never in all my car buying history had such bad customer service.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I wish we could give no stars!!! First of all DON’T finance your car through these people!!! I tried paying my payment online like I always do. I had switched banks so I had another account and routing number. So my payment kept getting reversed. So I tried again a couple days later and the same thing happened again. So I went on the website and seen where you could mail the payments to and I sent it there. I sent it priority so I would know if it got there and it says it was delivered.

I called them to let them know I sent a money order and they tell me I sent it to the wrong address but that was the address that they gave on their website. He says, "It also takes 5 days for the payment to post can you cancel the money order???" I’m beyond pissed at this time. I tell the guy that I have proof of everything tracking numbers, money order stubs and proof that it got delivered... He says it’s the wrong address so they’re gonna report as being late to the credit bureau. Then he says, “Well can you make a payment today and that way it can bring your account current” and I said, “I just sent two payments and I don’t get paid until next month”. Wtf I just sent you two payments this week... I’m so done with these people.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I had a very bad experience with Ally Financial. First, they took an unauthorize payment out of my account, which caused my bank account go negative, and I occurred an overdraft fee. Ally financial refunded me the payment they took out my account, but stated they will NOT pay the overdraft fee that occurred. I faxed them over my bank statement which reflects that Ally is the reason I received an overdraft fee.

I spoke to several different representatives, and they all gave me different answers. Many of them argued back and forth with me, and "blamed" me for the occurrence. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and one representative mentioned that "ALL" the supervisors across the nation was in a meeting, and that it would take them a few days to call me back. I am extremely frustrated with Ally, I am considering refinancing my auto loan with a different company. I removed ALL of my banking information offline, and will only send them money orders from now on. VERY unprofessional!

Original review: July 18, 2018

Ally is horrible. I've had many cars and car loans. Ally is by far the worst. First off, nobody speaks English. How can you even expect to have a conversation with a rep? It gets you nowhere fast and makes matters worse. Second, their late fees are ridiculous, triple the average, and probably should be illegal. Once this loan is paid off, I will certainly never finance through them again. I do not recommend Ally... at all.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Talk about the worst customer service I’ve ever had, EVER! Asked for a lien release letter and days later still nothing. Good luck getting someone on the phone. Let alone someone that can actually help you out. DON’T WASTE MONEY OR TIME WITH ALLY BANK.

Original review: July 10, 2018

This is a company that you want nothing to do with. Just like all the other reviews, there is nothing good to say at all. We contacted Ally to find out the quickest way to pay off the loan and get a lien release. We followed their instructions after being told all different things by different reps. This is along with being put on hold over and over again. We paid the extra money for certified funds and extra money to overnight the payment. This is following a supervisors instructions. She then informed us that 48 hours after the check is received that we would have access to the lien release.

The 48 hours came and went with every story in the book from the reps and their supervisors. We were even told that we did not send a certified check. We had them call the bank so the bank could explain what certified funds are. The fact that this is a finance company and they don't have a clue on what certified funds are or how to release a lien makes me want to let you all know that you are better off paying a higher interest rate and deal with competent representatives that know what their jobs are and how to deal with people and what they are requesting not just put you on hold. It is not right to have to go through weeks of calling for something that you are entitled to after paying the money that we do. Be VERY careful of Ally!

Original review: July 9, 2018

I paid off my vehicle on June 20, 2018 and sent Ally a cashiers check via FEDERAL EXPRESS. They cashed my check and have never sent me my verification letter of the loan being paid off to take it to DMV to collect the title/pink slip. Every time I call I get a person that does not speak English in the Philippines. They read from a script and put you on hold every 2 minutes for a minimum of 10 minutes. THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY EVER!!! STAY AWAY FROM ALLY BANK. They are crooks! They hound you for your money but take their time in releasing anything they owe you.

Original review: July 5, 2018

WOW. It can't be worse than this. I tried to open a bank account with Ally, and it ended up a real horrible experience. They asked me a DL, SSN card, utility bill, and I sent them except SSN card-I explained them I mind sending it thru online. Then fraud dep. called me asking a utility bill. I said I sent it, but somehow she (Regina, what a stubborn!) kept asking me another bill. I live on all bill paid apt. so that cable bill was the only utility bill. But she seemed to be very stubborn. I still can't understand why DL can't prove my address and the utility bill either. Just she's being an idiot? No other bank required me other than DL. So I wanted to close the account. The person I talked said 'we will close it on Mon and we will mail a check'. NOTHING HAPPENED.

So I called them again, and ended up talking to Regina (they stood on line for 40 min to figure out where my phone goes). She now checked I sent a utility bill!!! She was asking me if I wanted to keep the account, but I still wanted to cancel. Then she said my fund will be back to my original source up to 5 business days without any interests! WOW. Besides, the customer service people were horrible too. Their voice and attitude were just like people who work in DMV. I have talked over 10 people so far, but one ONE person was really tried to help and nice.

They don't have any customer service channel either. I tried to email about their horrible service, but there's nothing but the phone which I hate-they ask so many security questions, even it takes longer if you meet a dumb person. Their app sucks too. The layout is like a maze and the camera flash doesn't on automatically for depositing checks. I have an account with Discover bank too. Please go there, they rock on everything! Really, never use Ally bank!

Original review: July 4, 2018

First I will address why you do NOT EVER, as in NEVER EVER want to use ALLY FINANCIAL as your automobile financial institution and perhaps take any other means of transportation, even if it means you're walking to your daughter's wedding... Everything you have read in the reviews before reading mine is 100% accurate about this... and I use the term in the most loose definition... business!

They will haunt and torment you the day after your payment due date up to 20+ times a day calling you from up to 15-20 different phone numbers, but it is likely even more than that. I received upwards of 20 calls a day from all different phone numbers and many from the same exchange as my own phone number. It is their pathetic attempt to trick you to answer their call. Apparently Ally truly believes that all of their customers that are late are lowlife criminal types who CAN pay but just choose NOT to... which as we all know, is not true at all!

My dad died from a 3 month battle with oral cancer. He died at home weighing 90 lbs as I would not and could not put him in a hospital or hospice. That same week my furnace went and I lost my health insurance. This was Nov 2017. 3 mos later, my 39 yr old brother was shot and killed, by my son, age 21 when he tried breaking into our home, undoubtedly because he was mentally ill and had a schizophrenic break. This was my 2nd brother I have lost due to homicide by gunshot. When my dad died, I lost $2500 a month in income. I have an income of $1175 on disability and I own a house that is paid off and I am trying very hard to keep.

I asked Ally to please work with me, they would not at the time I was 3 mos behind on my car payments. Fast forward to a few days ago when the repo people show up at 3 AM to take back the car that I desired them to do so. At $311 a month, car ins $160 a mo. I couldn't slightly afford. I had a feeling they were coming, despite no prior warning from Ally because I truly feel they want you to have your personal belongings in the car. This is so they may attempt to extort money from you because you want your stuff back. Not this time Ally!!!

The 3 AM repo men, despite having the car up off the ground and hooked up, were out there in my driveway for 45 minutes. They were shining the brightest LED flashlights in every window of my house and no doubt my neighbor's windows also, in an attempt to make sure they watched the "lowlife's" car being taken back! My dog barked loudly and continuously for those 45 mins... like can this company conduct themselves in a mature manner in any area?

How it pays for Ally to not work with people and prefer to take a car with many more dents, bings and scratches, balding tires, headlight out and a ticking motor, just to mention a mere few things... to the auction and get no doubt 1/4 if even of what I still owe them and think they'll ever see another penny off of anyone that has had their car repossessed is bewildering to me! Uh I need to buy another vehicle with another monthly payment Ally! How IS every Ally employee, esp the higher ups, not all in jail for illegal practices?

Original review: July 4, 2018

I purchased a vehicle on August 5, 2015 and financed with Ally. August 28, 2015 Ally began harassing me saying that I missed my first payment. I stated via the paperwork that I signed that my first wasn't due until September 5, 2015. Ally charged me a late fee. They refused to remove the late fee and said that my payments will now be due on the 27th of each month instead of the 5th. Each month Ally charged me a late fee and harassed me via phone at least 10 times per day. On December 23, 2015, Ally sent a tow truck to my residence to get the vehicle because according to them, I was not behind on my vehicle payments but I had late fee payments that totaled $162. Ally said that the only way they would accept the late fee payments is if I paid the late fees in addition to two future car payments.

I know for a fact that is illegal. 3 months later I received info from Ally that the vehicle was sold for $11,000 and they told me that I was responsible for the balance of $5,000. Ally began sending communication demanding the balance, which I did not have. In July 2018, I noticed that my wages were garnished for $371 because of Ally. They never sent me any paperwork concerning a court judgment, hearing or anything. Upon further investigation, I learned that Ally had sent paperwork to an address that I never lived at. They lied to the judge and said that they sent a summons to me. After comparing the numerous letters that Ally sent to my correct address and the summons that was sent to the fake address. The judge found out that Ally was lying. They are scam artists who will harass you daily. Do not do business with this company.

Original review: June 27, 2018 Very rude and very ugly and belittling customer service. None speak proper English. All they want is to repo your car during the last few payments. Just greed.

Please shut them down before they hurt more people who are struggling to make ends meet and to go to their jobs to feed their children.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I had purchased a car using Ally due to a plummet in my credit score. They were the only financial institution that would give me a loan. I had lost my job for close to a year and was just getting slowly back on my feet when I found myself with a totalled vehicle and the absolute necessity to quickly find another (accident wasn't my fault, in fact, I was sitting in a restaurant with my husband, daughter and in-laws when a waitress told me someone had creamed my car in their parking lot). So Ally gave me a chance. After being forced to sell my home or have it repossessed, going through my husband losing his job, our daughter having sudden sporadic seizures and myself having medical issues that required time off work and additional medical bills, I was late from time to time. I received letters saying how much I owed in late fees but never the actual total owed.

I also received more phone messages than I care to think about, and to top it all off, they called MY FATHER! (I'm 35!!!) who was NOT in ANY of the info I'd given them for the loan! I had made good faith payments twice this month but apparently they decided to take my car anyway. So at 10:30 pm a tow truck came and repoed the car. I got onto the app I used to make payments but it already said I had no vehicles to view. Couldn't see my past transactions or any other info at all. I had to search my bank account transactions to find them all.

They also reported my payment history to all the credit bureaus differently (when I paid on time or not was different for each bureau multiple times). I tried to call them and find out how to proceed, but the 2 times I called they only transferred me to the Redemption dept, which was closed for the day. I had told the 2nd operator that but she transferred me anyway. I guess she didn't want to deal with looking my info up. After all is said and done, Ally has now give me more to deal with than I already have, I will NEVER, EVER GO BACK TO THIS COMPANY.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Well needless to I had my vehicle repoed by them. Nobody really speaks plain English and it hard to understand them. After paying an additional fee to send them money and it's a pain. They took the vehicle out of my state to an auction place. The people who grabbed the vehicle are trying to charge $75 storage for my personal effects. When you call they put you on hold for 3-5 minutes which is always more... Trying to get my vehicle not counting the 4 calls I made yesterday... I have made 8 calls now to them only to get a runaround. Whatever you do do not use these people. Even if you call for a simple question like what is my payoff it is painful. They make you wish you hadn't gotten the loan through them. All I can say is avoid them at all costs.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Okay, I have 10 days after my car note due date to pay my car note. They are reporting to the credit agency after 5 days. I have always had this problem and I cannot wait to pay this car off. This company likes to keep your credit score low so you cannot trade your car, truck, etc... This is something that I have been dealing with for 4 years and I only have 1 year to go and I will never uses this company again.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I absolutely can’t recommend this bank to anyone. Their dealer services are the only ones that can give you a pay off amount. Dealer services closes at 6:30 Eastern time. Which means their hours aren’t remotely similar to the times an actual dealership is open. And nevermind the fact that there are other time zones than Eastern time. Additionally, they have a convoluted pay off system. Most banks have one amount. Not Ally. You get your buyout amount as the consumer, but your dealership pay off amount can be totally different. But again, you better hope you can get to the dealership during the times that are convenient for Ally Financial dealership department. The whole process is absolutely absurd.

Ally Bank Company Information

www.ally.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business