1.09/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Ally Bank

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 13, 2017

730 Ally Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I began reading so many reviews from people that had complaints from experiences with natural disasters with Ally so I figured I'd share mine. I live in Santa Rosa CA with my wife and two sons, 6 years and 8 months. We are currently experiencing wildfires that have been classified as the worst wildfires in the history of CA. I woke up on Oct 9 2017 to my hometown on fire. The fires moved so fast through the city because of 60-70 mile per hour winds. My wife office building was in the middle of it and she still hasn't been able to go to work.

On the 10th I called Ally first thing in the morning because my bill was due on the 17th and scheduled for Autopay. I called to request a single, one month, extension so I could use that extra money for a hotel and needs for my family should we be evaluated. First off, when you call you get a rep in the Philippines. The woman that I spoke to didn't understand what a wildfire was and I had to explain it to her. Then she began processing the request but when she started reading me the disclosure it was as if it were a normal extension and I needed to pay a partial payment. I requested a supervisor who then submitted the request for approval and told me that it would take no more than 24-48 hours to get a response and she would call me and keep me updated. She hasn't called once.

Last night I called and asked the status to which I was told that it was still pending and awaiting approval. I called again this morning, Friday the 13th, three days later, and was still told it was pending. I blew up at the "supervisor" who isn't really a supervisor but a "customer relations expert" and got her to transfer me to a person in the USA that had a brain and understood what a wildfire was. The rep in the USA that I spoke to told me that she spoke to her supervisor and she was going to forward my request to him so he could try to expedite the request and get a response. They told me numerous times that they could cancel the payment scheduled for the 17th but I refused because I don't want to do that in case they for whatever stupid reason decide to deny it.

So far we have been evacuated once and still are on alert because the Nun's fire is bearing down on us. Ally doesn't care it seems. I contacted my other financial institution on that same morning I first called Ally and had an extension approved within an hour for this disaster we are in the midst of. When I spoke to Ally I stated, "Is this what those poor people in Texas and the other areas had to deal with when they were hit by the hurricane that devastated their towns?" I find this to be a horrible way to do business. Ally only cares about one thing and that is money. I plan on getting a new loan and transferring my business to a different loan company. Ally is the worst and I will never use them again, if you have common sense and see all these reviews you too will steer away from them. Hope this review helps others, Ally really is horrible.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

This company is terrible. I was told I'd have my refund in 3-5 business days. When the 5 days were up, I called to ask where my check was (they double charged me even though the app didn't say I'd get charged at the end of the month) and they told me it will be here at the end of the month (so basically 30 day refund). They beat around the bush saying they don't control the refund. Why even be in business? The woman sounded clueless. Don't do business with these people. Finding a new bank asap. They don't even offer refinancing.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

After reading all these complaints I had to do this, It's Funny Listening to Ally's TV Commercials. They Are Full of ** and they are definitely not your Ally. They are your Eminem!!! Don't ever walk into a dealership and use this company to Lease or Buy a Car or Truck or they will bend you over and stick it where the sun don't shine. I was going to buy my truck that I leased from them but they wouldn't budge on the price, so guess what? I went to the dealership and leased a new truck through GM Financial and they are great.

Best of all I am not talking to some stupid Indian over in India that hasn't got a clue how to speak English. It's funny they think that they are smarter than you when you are on the phone with them, it's like talking to a Craigslist scammer. I think it's the same people. Well anyway had to put my 2 cents in and warn people to stay away From (Ally). Terrible business people. I don't think Ally will be around much longer anyway. People get burned and never ever forget it!!!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

If you are looking for a loan company with numerous ways to pay your bill, Ally may be right for you. But if you are one of those that don’t have trouble paying your bill and then expect to get your title in a timely manner, then go elsewhere, it is not worth the lies and frustration they will put you through. The title is at a third party company, they have no control over it whatsoever apparently! A send out date is put into their computer automatically, 10 days after they receive your final payment, no matter how you pay, and every time you call to follow up, they will tell you that it was sent out on that date. And that’s all they will tell you for 10 more working days after that.

After the days when you don’t receive it, not once will they confirm that it was sent or bother to look into the issue at all. Instead, they have the nerve to blame you and the mail service, “are you sure you didn’t get it? It comes in a blue envelope from another company”. YES ALLY, I'M SURE for the 100th time! Well considering I’ve been waiting by the mail box for a month now, I know it’s not me. And I have not had any problems with the mail service, I have received every single bill from them like clockwork. Even though they will not admit fault or help in anyway, it’s hard to believe them when I requested copies of the title 4 times, 2 by fax and 2 by mail, and have not received one of them. Yes I do have a handful of confirmation numbers, so where are they? You might as well just throw them out, they don’t mean anything.

We had a buyer for said vehicle and an appointment set up at their bank, well we never got our copy of our title and the release of lien letter faxed to us and we never got the follow up phone call that we were supposed to get, so not only was it a huge inconvenience to everyone, but we now lost that buyer. Finally over a month later, after calling and complaining numerous times, we finally received a release of lien letter (not copy of the title), they said we can take to the DMV ourselves to request a replacement title at our own cost which we are now doing. We have also filed a complaint with the BBB…. To be continued.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

My daughter was on a missing persons list and was seriously injured... She was not behind on her payment with this company but called for the most of extension they offered. They said it was 60 day. Her doctor had written her a note to the company saying that she would not be able to work for at least 90 but we take what we can take... Now, I'm am her mom and the cosigner on the account but 4 days after we found my daughter we were hit with Hurricane Irma and had thousands of dollars done to our property and had no way to even get to work for weeks without power... Ally kept calling me and sending me letters to pay this extension fee. I don't understand a fee because she was not even late on payment. And I had no money due to this hurricane to make the extension payment.

Needless to say day after day I'm getting calls and letters and having to relive this horrible experience of my daughter almost dying and the challenge of our home and town being devastated by hurricane... Each time I would talk to a person they would, "Say no worries. Everything is okay. You are approved for extension with no fees." Only to get a call again and another letter in two more days... The emotional abuse I am receiving from the collection team is unreal. NOW REMEMBER the payment is not even behind and they are hounding me to pay an extension fee...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ally Bank?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I'm not sure where to even begin. My husband and I refinanced my vehicle that was originally financed with Ally. Since we had bought GAP insurance they were to refund us the balance of 900+ bucks. After calling and canceling it we were assured that we would have a check within 10 days. When that came and gone we were told that the policy changed and the car dealership had it (WTF?). Car dealership said they declined it and it would go back to Ally. Then Ally said yes but it takes 30-45 days to refund. Ummm you can just keep my money for 45 days? Ok so we wait 6 weeks and still no refund.

Call again, nobody knows where the money is, they will call us back. No callback so we call again, a special department is handling it, they will call us within 24 hours. No callback, we call again. Ally financial says that the refund is handled by Ally products, three way them in on convo. They argue over who handles it and both decide it's on the dealer. While on the phone with them I go to the dealer. The finance people at the dealer say they are waiting on a lien release from Ally to cut the check. Long story short, after 7 weeks of dozens of phone calls we still have no refund and should be fluent in the Indian language.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Absoluteness the worst experience I've ever had, dealing with a bank!!! Allied Financial has financed three autos for me. I have paid my auto bills in compliance to contracts/as agreed. They are erroneously reporting that I owe $178.00 to the credit bureaus!! Which that amount has been paid in full, the amount has nothing to do with the principal. I have received letters from the bank confirming the same, "PAID IN FULL". Each CSR I have spoken with has given me the runaround. Now my credit has taken a hit due to their inaccurate reporting. I will try one last time to get this matter resolved prior to escalating to the CEO. This matter has been going on since May 2017.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I am currently debating on buying out my lease which ends in January. When I called to speak to Ally about getting my unused prepaid miles money back they said I would get it if I returned the vehicle, but if I decided to buy the vehicle I would lose my money. I asked for an explanation and got none. Asked for a supervisor and asked them to explain it to me and they couldnt give me an explanation. So, I called back two more time trying to get an answer as to why they would not refund my money and all I get is because thats how it's done. I feel like they are stealing my money! Is this even legal?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

After making all payments on time, it came time to finish my payments and collect my title. Then I get hit suddenly with a $13 finance fee. I call the company. No one at the customer service center can help, I keep getting transferred. Basically I need to send a certified check for $13 so that my title can be released, after paying more than $32,000. Does this make any sense? So I send the certified check. Then they post an online payment and say I have to wait 2 weeks for the payment to clear. So I wasted my time even sending the check. They will not reverse the online payment without waiting an additional 2 weeks. All over $13 and it was their mistake.

You cannot call the same person who is working on your account, every time you have to call a random person and go through the entire process of explaining the situation over and over. They also do not believe in email for some reason. What a horrible experience. I will never use them again. After being a loyal customer for 6 years and making every payment on time, this is the thanks I get.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Many of us are Hurricane Victims. We live in evacuation zones. I am a professional artist. I teach classes to make money. During times of Hurricane we not only can't teach, we have to relocate, we have no power for over a week. Once I got power I was able to look at the ALLY BANK statement with large fees charged. When I asked due to my situation if they would consider waiving the large fees they said maybe 14.00 but nothing more. I see other people also posting problems who are Hurricane Disaster victims. This company is not assisting us at all. In fact they are making money from the disaster. I am so glad my car is almost paid off so I cannot have to deal with ALLY HEARTLESS BANK ever again.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

My son bought a car which I cosigned on. He went through some financial difficulties and fell behind on payments. Didn't tell me so I wouldn't worry. I get a call and a message at the end of the week from a number I do not recognize, and a name I do not recognize without the reason for the call or the company the call came from. I finally called that woman back on Saturday, It turned out she called from Ally Bank regarding the amount we owe for the car or the car will be repossessed. I asked her "How much to stop the repossession?" She gave me an amount which I immediately paid. The car was repossessed anyway. The woman's name is Charlotte and the phone number **.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I mail my payment off every single month to Ally. The one time I mail it before a holiday it's late. I told the representative it was a holiday in the US so the post office was closed. He said, "Well it matters about the date". I said, "No it don't as long as my payment is sent out before my due date." I don't work at the post office so I don't know the process of holidays & timing of mail. I just know it has a date on there the money order & envelope. He said "Well it's late." My thing is why can't I talk to someone in America? I mail my payment in America it goes to an American address. The customer service is horrible. No one knows what's going on. I can't understand the people on the phone.

They never answer my question. I talked to 5 people in one day. My question never got answered. I really dislike this bank. I will be switching to a credit union asap. (They also dropped my credit score because of a miscommunication error on their end). I said "Why didn't anyone call me?" "Oh we tried." I said, "No voice mail or anything." I said, "Verizon calls me so does Capital One." Ally customer service is horrible. I will be leaving this company asap. Hope everyone else does too. Instead of outsourcing the company somewhere international why not have American workers?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

DO NOT DO IT! I had never felt emotionally abused by a company causing me to feel anxious and so judged. The girl I spoke with today was angry from the start. She claimed she wasn't but working in the medical field I know smart remarks when I hear them. During our 16 min conversation I was trying to explain to her that I will be making a payment but I couldn't at the moment. She then continued to have an attitude and said they've already done all they could for more and I told her I understood but if she looked at her previous note the reasons I fell behind was because of medical reasons and I was trying to catch up.

I don't know what made her feel superior to make a comment like "I'm understand but I'm not the one who's 3 month behind on my car payment." As if she had her life all figured out which just left me in shock. Not only that I tried explaining that I had decided to go back to school and that had cause me to fall back a 3 month and being short notice that I paid out of pocket for it. She then told me that I need to get my priorities "straightened out. What was more important my school or my car?" I was in complete shock by then. I never knew a company could ever let their "Customers Srv" dept talk to their own customers like incompetent people.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Financed a new 2011 Tahoe with Ally. Have had loan for about 5 1/2 years with no late payments. Decided to sell the vehicle and with electronic funds paid off the loan balance of about $3,300.00. Funds were deposited into Ally bank on 8/14/17. Was told they had to hold the funds for 10 days to verify them. Nothing to verify, they had the funds (not a check). In fact I received a check in the amount of $0.39 for interest over-payment less than a week later. I argued that there was no reason to wait to verify funds and the title should be released immediately. However, it seems that Ally follows this procedure regardless. They informed me that the title would be released for processing by 8/24/17. I asked for them to expedite the release (since they truly had the funds), and that I would pay an expedite fee to have the title sent overnight. They refused and said that was not possible (obviously could care less about the customer's needs).

Long story short, I have a buyer for the vehicle, but no title. It is 9/1/17 and still no title. I have spoken to customer service in the Philippines several times and all they tell me is it was mailed on the 24th of August from Maryland. I am in Alabama and I can tell you it does not take the postal service more than 3 to 4 days to deliver mail. They cannot prove it was mailed on 8/24/17 and have no way to track the mailing (regular post). It is hard to believe that they would send an official document with no way to verify where it is or if it was received. Their answer to me is, give it a little longer. How long do I wait to know if it is lost. They said they had done what they were supposed to do and it is my problem now. That means that I am going to lose a sale of my vehicle $25,000, and have to take my time and money to file for a replacement title. This will take a while and by then, I will have to find another buyer.

All this could have been prevented if Ally would have allowed me to pay to expedite the processing and the overnight fee, which I have done with other lenders in the past. I asked the customer service representative what customer service he had given me, and his reply was, "I have answered your questions." No, "you have only told me your procedure and what is in the computer," which I already knew. I still have no idea where my title is or when it was mailed for sure... As an owner of a public business, it seems really stupid to have a customer with which you have had an excellent relationship with over 5 years and then at the end, make them so mad over an Ally procedure, they will never do business with Ally again. Guess they have plenty of business.

BOTTOM LINE: Ally cares nothing about retaining you as a customer, they care nothing about you, there is no procedure for flexibility, and they only care about "their" procedures, and evidently new customers to them are a "dime a dozen." ADVICE: If you have an auto loan with Ally and you plan to sell your vehicle, payoff your loan at least a month before listing it and hope you get your title.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I leased a vehicle from Ally Financial, I took very good care of the vehicle, I had a fender bender and took the vehicle to a reputable body shop and had it repaired, when I turned in the vehicle 8 months later they sent me a bill stating the repair was done poorly and billed be for $184.28. I told them there was nothing wrong with the repair, and disputed the charge. They became very nasty. I contacted a lawyer and he stated it would only get worse, and to pay them for my own peace of mind. Please please never ever sign a lease with this company, they are like part of the Mafia!!!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

This company is the WORST!! I paid off my vehicle and almost 2 months later I still have no title. They even confirm they mailed it to the wrong address, but yet will not help me get it. Better than that, they mail the lien release to the wrong address even after I confirm the correct address. I am not sure what they are trying to pull, but if you can go somewhere else you really should.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

PAID FOR AN EARLY 5 MONTH TERMINATION OF MY CADILLAC LEASE> Paid extra for wear and tear Smart-Lease and my CTS was inspected clear at surrender. Ally turned me over to their "Collection Dept" for $500- damage claim? Showed my acceptance of my short-term lease finalization at Cadillac, but they ignored my fax and letters. Now they call every Saturday to harass me with a different collector. Cease and desist or ALLY is going to Small Claim Court for remunerations?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I am going to sue your company for emotional damages, emotional distress and severe anxiety as I already have it. Your company has made it x 20 worse in just one day. I have spent 8 hrs of my time trying to resolve your mistake. Your staff admitting that you Ally has dropped the ball and very helpful in providing me with the legal department's address...

On 2/28/16 my sister passed away. On March 3rd 2016 I contacted Ally. Spoke to 10 different reps. Had to repeat my loss over and over until someone was actually able to help me finally in order to insure or register a vehicle in my mother's name. I needed a change in title or contract to remove my sister and place my mother as the main buyer vs co buyer due to our loss. Ally then faxed over the changes made to the DMV in Jersey City, NJ on Summit Ave. because without the changes made on Ally's end I would not have been able to register or insure the car legally. So that being said I provided a death certificate 2 times in order for Ally to make the changes and provide the DMV with the documents they needed to make the change and register the car.

1 year and 6 months later I am told that they were not informed of her passing which is 1000% incorrect. I must have spoken to a total of 60 different reps all giving me incorrect information until my last try where then I was able to be helped properly. I am also a authorized person on the account since before my sister's passing. And each and every time I call I have to repeat the same story about my loss not allowing me to grieve. More upsetting and emotionally damaging that I have to repeat my loss each time I call when I'm told that your calls are all monitored and recorded and notes are put in place during the call process. I have been having nothing but problems with your company. Call records, recordings, documents showing this was reported on 3/3/16 and now I'm being told that the death claims department never was told.

I am being told this 8/23/17 to go ahead and resubmit documentation I submitted last year. How do you expect to keep your customers? Your services are horrible. Your system is worse. I am going to make this public. This is how you treat people with no type of compensation for a year and 6 months of me having to repeat over and over the same loss. I was and I am not able to grieve as a person should. Not only is it disturbing but it is beyond stressful that you treat people this way and have poor customer service. You need to do better in training your staff and teach them how to do their job the right way because this isn't it. I have faxed now 2 times today and this email providing you collection and death claims with a death certificate. I am fed up and wish nothing more to stop doing business with you. I am going to report this to BBB and share my year and 6 months of bad services during my grieving until it goes viral.

I work for a corporate company and you guys are not a good company at all. This is my last attempt. Also after all my troubles your company can't even offer compensation for my troubles. How do you keep clients at all? Mind blowing and I have been at this since 8:46 am and have not gotten a call from ALANA **. Since we last spoke this morning at 9:41 am she told me that it would take an hr to receive after it's sent so here is the math. 8:46 1 hr = 9:46 am. It is now 2 pm. I have called her 4 times since. No answer. You're causing nothing but stress and panic attacks. I will be contacting a television, media and legal outlet. I can't believe this is what your company is.

This is my 4th time providing the death certificate to your disorganized staff and system. Your company is disgusting. How dare you put me through this. I had to call your company today 15 times to speak to Alana after 12 pm and I ask to be transferred to collections and she directs me to customer service. So now I'm on hold for an hr in total cause customer service had me hold too before I could get to collections. SHAME ON YOU!!! Better Business Bureau | US ABC News Legal Action Center.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

They lie every time you call. Their favorite script is "We are sorry you were misinformed and any inconvenience it may have caused." I recorded every phone call to them because they lied so much. When they found out I was recording they would hang up.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

They won't take payments over the phone!!! I recently filed bankruptcy about 6 months ago and because of that Ally took away my option to pay online and stopped my direct payments. When I called to make my payment I was told they DO NOT accept direct payments and that I would need to go to Western Union to make a payment and that I would cost me an additional $8.00 to make that payment. What company does not accept payment for a service or product they pride?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Ally bank is great because they do not charge checking fees and will even pay you back for atm fees charged by other banks (up to $10 a month). The wait time to talk to a bank rep is short and courteous when you need personal attention.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Trying to Wire money to their Investment side...5 phone calls later over 2 days... maybe it will get done? Now I've missed the last day to buy into a Bond Fund for this month and will miss the 9-1-17 Interest payment. But they're "Sorry"...Other than this Bond Fund my remaining money is being moved to Synchrony Bank.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

They don't care for customers. After payoff they make you wait, they don't reply. They are simply the worst. If they gave a prize for being bad this company would not even win that for being sooooo bad. Hate them. BUYERS BEWARE, STAY AWAY. DON'T GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Me and my family just withdrew several millions from this horrible bank. The info they give you is wrong most of the time. Their executive customer service department does not make outbound calls it appears (after one requests one). They went bankrupt already and needed taxpayer bailout and they pay you back with horrible customer service, lies and incompetent employees worked on your money. Check out Synchrony Bank.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I have been back and forth to Third Party Totaled Loss Department - Gold Find Claims and Ally since 6-28-17. No manager will step up to plate on both companies to help bring this to a resolution... This company is horrible to work with if your vehicle has been totaled. No one wants to take ownership to help. Insurance Agent called and did paperwork and advised representative he needs a Letter of Guaranteed for the amount of $12,772.00. That there were going to be 2 checks to distribute to ALLY, because there are 2 claims. 1 for $6 thousand and 2nd for $5 thousand. But the representative totaled car for $6,864.82. All we need is Letter of Guaranteed for the 2nd claim of $5.

This is where it all begins. Their Total Loss Department can't help us so they say we need to call Ally and then Ally states they can't help us and transfer me back to their third party. Total loss called Gold Find Claims. No manager wants to step up to plate so Ally and Gold Find Claims can communicate to help get this resolved. In the meantime I'm still paying interest. How wrong is that. This has been going on since end of June. #AllyBank# #BankPresidentDianeMorais# #CEO-JeffBrown#

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Financed a car through Ally Financial. Recently I sold the said car. Having still had a lien out on it, myself and the new owners both called Ally to see what to do. First of all, it's extremely hard to understand the robot (I'll explain later) talking to you. Second, I was told something totally different than the buyer was, hence one of is was lied to. Nonetheless we completed the purchase, and went on our merry way. The next day, the buyer informed me that the payment had cleared in her account. So I called Ally to request a copy of the lien since the Payment had posted. "It will take ten business days for it post." (Quote from Ally robot). I argued with it, but they don't have any constructive response so I asked to take the survey but never was prompted to do so after call. The payment posted to their account a week later (I received an email).

So I called up again requesting the lien. This time I ended up calling four times (each time talking to a fake person ) and each call ended in anger. At one point, I was directed (after asking five times ) to a "manager" who couldn't "understand " me. At one point during one of the numerous calls, I dealt with a robot trying to convince me their name was France. Yes okay, and I have a hole in my head. After each heated call, I asked to take the survey. They said ok but once again, never got the prompt. Now it's been two weeks since the sale. The new owners, who are from out of state, want to make this car legal. I call up Ally again. This was last Monday. I'm told the payment posted in their system and the lien was mailed out that day. Should be there in the "United States mail " in five to seven days.

I happen to work for the post office. That letter should arrive by Thursday at the latest. Told them that. "No ma'am the post office takes a week to send out a letter". So I suggest legal action again. If the letter is not here by Thursday. Also said "I don't appreciate you suggesting I'm lying." And lo and behold, no survey to take again per my request! So now, it has been over three weeks. Still no lien. The poor sellers are waiting and I'm getting more angry by the day. I'd call back but why bother? I can't understand the customer service robots, they're programmed to lie, and they don't do their jobs properly anyways. I'm willing to bet, when the lien comes that's it's not postmarked last Monday.

Now to the robot explanation. I have called so many times that there is one detail I've noticed. There seems to be only five or so customer service reps. It's always the same five voices that answer. Each time with an unrealistic name, like France. Who names someone France? I could see Paris. Not France. Also during one of the calls, I repeatedly referred to the company as "a piece of **" in every sentence. The "robot" didn't even understand. My vocabulary varied while their's only kept saying "okay ma'am ". Like it didn't EVEN register that they were being insulted. Amazing. I will never lease or buy a car from this company again. Their customer "service" and terms are a joke. When dealing auto finance in the dealership, ask who you are getting and don't use Ally Financial.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I paid off my truck and needed my title for being able to sell it to a buyer. They had the funds and are making me wait 10 days. After 10 days there were going to mail out a letter to bring to the DMV. They said the letter would take up to 5 days. The folks that answered were based out of India and were reading from a script and had many many runarounds... Very sad and I can sum up Ally Financial in 2 words... ** Sucks.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I don't know how this company is still in business! I got in an accident and car was totaled, my insurance company paid them off what the car was valued and they agreed to it! I get a bill in the mail from Ally stating I owe them $3600 plus taxes on excessive mileage and they have called me several times! I called them back and half the people don't speak English and said it's in your contract when you leased your car. I would like to know who reads the back of the contract and isn't it the dealership's responsibility to tell us! The car is totaled. What difference does it make how much mileage is on it, plus I was going to buy the car at the end of the lease! This is the worst company ever.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I went thru breast cancer and got behind on 2 car payments. I called to ask for an extension. They extended the 2 payments but did not include the late charges. So what good did that do, my account still showed that I was 850.00 behind. It still showed behind to credit bureau. I call Ally to get this straight and I get someone in the Philippines that can barely speak English. They tell me they can't do anything about the late charges and my account will continue to show behind until late charges are made. Obviously these people have no compassion for someone that has went thru 30 days of radiations. AGAIN DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE CAUSE THEY WILL NOT DO ANYTHING TO HELP YOU.

Original review: July 24, 2017

This bank is a joke! I have made several payments and they claim payments were missing. I even have bank statements to show I made payments. They didn't send me anything in the mail stating they were going to Repo my car. Stay away from this bank. I was trying to figure out how are they reporting me late and I made payments. These people will try to destroy your credit and a bunch of con artist. I will never do business with them again and they will hear from my lawyer ASAP. Please stay away from this company.

Ally Bank Company Information