2. Finance

Formerly GMAC

3.5/5 (700 ratings)

About Ally Bank

Ally Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ally Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ally Bank?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Sharon in Repairs Check Department..."She is Perfect Customer Service". Sharon is there with you all the way through. If she says she will call you back- "She will". Also she will personally investigate and handle your issues from beginning to end! She has excellent phone etiquette and very professional. Because of her, we will continue to do our banking business with Ally Financial. Thank you Sharon.

Original review: June 6, 2021

I am having a very positive experience with Ally Bank. Their customer service is very good, and the Web interface is easy to understand and fast. Interest rates are much better than brick and mortar banks. They have plenty of ATM locations. Ally Bank is perfect for anyone who doesn't require a physical bank to satisfy their banking needs. I highly recommend Ally Bank.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 5, 2021

I use Ally Bank and the only bad thing I can honestly say is the daily limits on what I can send aren't enough. If I have a $2000 transaction or transfer to make, I have to do it over a several day period. It's a great online bank that does everything my corner bank does and I don't need to leave to send money, make deposits, or purchase anything online.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

Last April I walked into local Kia dealership and my credit score wasn't that great and Ally did approved me for no money down. And I was able to drive off the lot within a hour and much better than experience I had with Credit Acceptance 24 years ago. And Ally interest rates are much lower and I have it set up for automatic payments on due date through my bank account. And I make sure that I have more money in my bank account before the due date and haven't missed a payment. And Ally keeps reporting to the Credit Bureau as on time payments. So I recommend that call new and used car lots and ask if they do business with Ally before you do credit applications.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

Buying my first car was a big deal so I researched for months, both for my car itself and for the best loan offer. My credit was not the greatest (fair) so I did the best I could to clean it up in order to qualify for a loan. I learned that buying a car at the end of a quarter, or even better at the end of the year was the best way to get great deals so that's what I did.

I decided to get pre-qualified for a loan so I took the plunge into the 'no turning back' zone that puts the credit scare into all of us and allowed loan companies to start clicking into my credit for a loan. Several companies wanted my business and the loan amounts offered to me were all within the range I was looking for. The difference was that only one company, Ally, was willing to give me the best interest rate with my 'fair' credit score, and in fact, they also allowed me 3 months deferred payments on my first month. I easily set up direct deposit and voila' I am in my new car and my payment is $20 lower per month than I was planning on spending. And, I also wanted to say that I bought my car through Carmax and am really happy with both Ally and Carmax. I would recommend them both to anyone looking to buy a car, and being the end of the year you will get your best deal yet!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

I opened a deposit account and an investment account. I funded both accounts using Ally’s internal debit initiation system, moving funds from another bank to Ally. Once the transfers were completed, Ally blocked both accounts without explanation or initiating any contact with me: no courtesy call, no e-mail, no letter. I telephoned and was asked to provide scanned copies of identification and a selfie of me holding the identification. I did so within minutes. Ally continued to block the account. I telephoned to confirm that the documents were in hand with Ally and was promised resolution within three days.

One week later, the accounts remained blocked. I telephoned to learn why and Ally was unable to verify my name, social security number, mother’s maiden name or security question. I was then asked five questions, all of which were completely unrelated to any logical information about me. I passed zero security checks. I was transferred to Victoria, the same haughty Ally employee, who asked for the identification and selfie. It was my third conversation with her and her haughty attitude was reconfirmed.

Miraculously, the identification was reviewed more than a week after originally submitted and the accounts were unblocked. She explained that: “it is not her job to review the documents, only attach them.” Not a word of apology from Ally until I requested one, when I was told: “if it makes you happy, I will give you one.” When I logged into the app to transfer money away from Ally, the accounts remained blocked. In a subsequent call, all security information magically worked again and the funds could be moved. Shocking.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I’ve had this bank for 3 years and I only have reported a fraud recently. The only one that I ever had. I had a transaction that I did not recognized and they told me they are going to need to investigate it and that it will take 10 days. And while I wait on their decision I didn’t have any card because they had to order me a new one and they won’t give me the money that was taken out due to fraud. So I have no way of getting my money out of this account and no way of spending it. It’s so sad because I never reported fraud until now and when I reported it they made me feel like I’m the fraud. They don’t care about their customers. Very sad and disappointed. To solve my problem with them I decided to get an account with a different bank. NEVER WILL I EVER USE ALLY EVER AGAIN.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

This company is a joke. I have never seen such unprofessionalism. I have been calling to just change my payment due date and it looks like I am asking for one million dollars. Hang up the phone on you. Disgusted is the word. I am working to see if there is ways I can change my car loan with them.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

Absolute worst auto finance company. I paid $1360 to cover month and extra was to be applied to principal. Instead they apply to next month so they can continue to earn interest. I complained and agent hangs up. I tried to complain but Ally Financial gives me the runaround and never able to file complaint against agent who hung up.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

Too Much.. Rep just ACTUALLY HUNG UP ON ME.. I really cannot believe this. I am going to say This.. Not good. Bad experiences.. Title Problems. Since I am near paying off..it's 1 thing after another. Judge for yourself..when you near paying off.

Ally Bank Company Information