2.44/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Formerly GMAC

Looking for a mortgage lender?

1051 Ally Bank Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I would recommend Ally Bank to anyone. The customer service is commendable as is the interest paid on accounts. This online bank also offers competitive rates on home loans and provide exceptional assistance every step of the way. I have never experienced difficulty meeting requirements needed to complete the process. The feeling of being treated like a person instead of just a number adds to my being committed to the outstanding service Ally provides in every aspect of involvement experienced by me as a client. Rest assured that you to could expect an identical association throughout once connected with a professional representative of this established online programs available to the public. OUTSTANDING COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE. Thanks for the opportunity to express my pleasure.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

In 2012 I opened an auto loan with Ally. Just recently paid it off on July 12, 2019. I'd read a lot of bad reviews about this company but not once did I have a bad experience in 6 years. Always made my payments on time with no complaints of late fees. From the time I paid the vehicle off it took 3 weeks to receive the title with a cancelled lien. Today is August 2, 2019, not a bad wait. Ally did OK by me. Bottom line, I would go with them again.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Prior to changing over 100% to Ally Bank (online) was with US Bank who had horrid service, no interest to sneeze at, website didn't work 24/7-couldn't talk to anyone unless 9-5 M-F. Since with ALLY, am extremely happy with their Banking and even re-fied my Home thru them. AWESOME! Interest checking .10, Savings was at 2.18, down this mo. to 2.08 constant interest. Banking online is the only way to go. IF I need Cash, go to grocery store get cash back, can go to any ATM, Ally will pay $10 if you use any other than theirs monthly. Checks, can scan and instant front/back in bank and usable next day. My Checking/Savings accts all get interest. Chat online for instant answers about anything. OR call Toll Free No. same thing. 24/7. Can't lose - it's a def. WIN WIN!

Original review: July 28, 2019

Well first of all I've had a hard time getting financed. For the fact that they were able to finance my vehicle made a huge difference to me. Anytime I've had a question or an issue about anything whatsoever all I had to do was to Simply pick up the telephone and place a phone call to the customer service line where an actual human being and not a robot directed me exactly what to do and what steps I should take to solve the issue that I would be having at that particular Moment In Time. That says a lot to me.

Customer service is starting to slowly become a thing of the past and when I can call a number and speak to an actual human being and one that can speak English well nonetheless makes a world of difference to me and puts me in a better mood. There was a time not very long ago that I was not able to make my car payment on time and instead of giving me a hassle about it or charging me any type of the late fee May simply extended my due date. As a single mother who works two jobs that is very helpful to me because sometimes we need that extra extensions to push through. I would definitely recommend this Bank even though I am paying 18% interest rate. I would rather pay high interest rate on a car than to not have one at all. It is a 2013 GMC Terrain black on black and I absolutely love it and I believe that it is worth every penny that I pay in the payment as well as the interest.

Original review: May 12, 2019

The initial process was 100% until it went to the loan section. The person working on this screwed everything up. Didn't know how to handle trust documents/ never had before. Cost me $45 in FedEx overnight - wouldn't refund. Was told I would get copy of Deed of Trust after it recorded DIDN'T! Had to call the title co. and have them send me copy. 1 month after it all was paid and closed. Should have been done as soon as I paid the final closing cost. Then tried to cover his **, afterwards by telling false statements about what really happened. Because of his negligence and improper training left bad feelings.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ally Bank?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I have had an auto loan through this company for a while and they are fine if you absolutely never have to call customer service. I have had to call them over 30 times in the last three months to get them to send me paperwork to get permission to remove a second person from my car's title. All they requires is for them to send me paperwork and for me and the person to be removed to sign the paperwork. Took me 10 calls to get them to send me the paperwork in the first place. Every person that I talked to had no idea what I was talking about and had no record of my previous calls.

Finally I got the paperwork sent. Filled it out and sent it back. They have no record of receiving it or even sending it to me in the first place. It's been 2 months since then. I've called Every day since then and been transferred to other departments and no one has any idea what I'm talking about. It's been a nightmare. Finally to resolve the issue I refinanced my car with a different bank. I have never been more frustrated with a company.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

My car was flooded and totaled out. I called Ally to inform them of this so I wouldn’t have to continue to make a car payment on a car I didn’t have because it had been towed. The lady I spoke with said that my insurance needed to call them and it would be taken care of. My insurance calls and then about 15 minutes after they call, I call Ally Bank to confirm everything. They have no record of my insurance calling 15 minutes ago and tells me that the first person I spoke to told me all wrong info. I asked for a manager and still they are telling me they didn’t receive a call from insurance. I spoke with my insurance and they did in fact call. The manager was no help and he kept repeating the same thing because he couldn’t understand me and I couldn’t understand him because I know he wasn't from America. I do not want to have to argue with someone when I did exactly what your employee told me. They need to learn to properly train Americans!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

They are quick to take your money, but getting it back is like pulling rattlesnake teeth. Closed IRA accounts (2). Week & half ago. Said it might take 10 days for USPS to get the check to us. No expedited mail options! Losing 30$ a day interest. Should be investigated for using depositors money, making millions, with no compensation. Still no checks. Stay away from these shysters.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

They don't keep agreements and are rude on the phone. They did not record notes even though they say they do. For the past 6 years I keep telling them the same thing and yet they don't update notes. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO MY WORST ENEMY. I don't give it a full star... Not even a fourth of a star. I honestly don't know why this business is even open. Do not use this company! Do not use this company! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! They will screw you the first opportunity they get and they don't do anything to help correct the situation.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

In 2014 I financed a 2012 Ford Edge. First problem occurred in 2017, I was unable to get title information to register and plate the vehicle in GA. During my calls, customer service was poor and unsatisfactory. My vehicle has sat from 2017 - 2019 resulting from inability to get title information to register and plate the vehicle. Recently, 2019 August my vehicle was reposed for inaccurate and omitted payment history. Since the vehicle repossession I have had a horrific time just trying to get a fax number to submit accurate payment history. I have been yelled at, and argued with and given incorrect information. I have been advised of the pending payment associated with the repossession; additionally, I have been unable to resolve this situation therefore, I have had to report this problem to the Better Business Bureau, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the GA Attorney General.

Currently, I am attempting to find legal representation to resolve this matter. I fear the outcome will negatively affect my credit. Completely, stressed-out over the fact that I have never missed a payment with the only fortunate comfort is that I have maintained all of my payment history. Still I have not had a successful phone conversation with any Ally personnel to resolve this matter. Never, ever will I recommend this company to anyone, nor will I ever to business with this company again.

Ally Bank Company Information