1.11/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 16, 2018

805 Ally Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 16, 2018

We are trying to get a house loan but unfortunately we will not be able to do so at the time due to a late payment in our credit score place in error by Ally Bank. It's for the January payment which is due on Jan 22. It was paid on Feb 22. We have the confirmation number. It also says on our bank statement it was paid on Feb 22. Not only did I paid Jan payment that day but I paid Feb too a total of $1170 making us up to date but they show us paying on Feb 23 on the account making it a month late therefore going on our credit - if they had it right it wouldn't be on it and we would be able to get a house. We contacted Ally bank and were told someone who handles this type of issues would contact us but so far nothing.

Original review: April 13, 2018

My Vehicle in the repossession stage and I was advised the only way to save it was to pay the 3 months past due amount via Western Union. I made the payment and two weeks later I was contacted by Ally Direct that they didn't receive my payment because they were having trouble with their Company Code through Western Union and the monies went to GM Financial. It's been 8 weeks and I still haven't gotten my money back from GM nor Western Union. Ally Direct repossessed my vehicle. I lost my car because they gave me the wrong information and I recently found out that they don't even use Western Union services anymore. Not only did they cause me to lose my car I still don't have my money back from GM or WU. Granted I was behind in my payments but did what I was told by Ally Direct to rectify the situation and still loss my car and money.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 12, 2018

Ally Auto does not provide correct information to a consumer paying off the loan. I called 3 different times to confirm the payoff arrangements needed to ensure that my title would be expedited to me so I could complete the sale of my truck. I was assured that a certified fund bank check would assure me the title would be mailed to me within 3-5 business days. I obtained the funds, overnighted the check and waited for my title. I am now waiting 8 days and the title has not been received. Apparently, NJ has a waiting period before the title can be sent. This was never told to me in any previous conversations.

They also tried to accuse me of not providing the correct method of payment as a reason for the delay. I became irate at their accusations. I finally was transferred to a supervisor who explained the reason for the delay. At this point I have no recourse but to wait, my buyer has been very patient. If I had been given correct information initially I would have made certain that this transaction would have held no promises to the buyer or been completed earlier. If the phone center people are given responsibility to provide information I expect to be given correct information not scripted lies. I will certainly consider using another company in the future.

Resolution response: April 10, 2018

Was called promptly after I submitted a review and they reconciled the matter.

Original review: April 9, 2018

When I initially opened the account, I was guaranteed an APY (Annual Percentage Yield) of 1.45% for opening an online savings account. I open the account with a balance exceeding $5,000 and the first earnings are deposited to my account, $2.13. I figured for a while that it may have an increment that would soon reconcile the remaining interest owed. When I call, for a total of 7 phone calls, they’re unable to answer my question as to why they paid me that amount, perhaps because they know quite clearly that it’s incorrect. They were evasive, and would put me on hold every time I would ask which makes it all the more suspicious. As a result of all this, I am now locked out of my account with my money on hold. I have a transfer that’s going in effect today for more than $800. I am concerned that they’re going to claim that I never had an account with them and destroy any evidence resulting in my money being stolen.

Original review: April 9, 2018

This company not only do they not speak nor understand English they're out in another country. You can never speak with a supervisor or manager. They're in Indonesia or somewhere in the orients and then Mexico City. Well, in December of 2017 I made a payment arrangement for January. My payment was not even due when they sent a notification to the credit company like Equifax. They reported I was late but my payment was not due till the 4th. They reported it on the 2nd. Then they went back and reported I was up to date, mind you I still hadn't made my payments. In a matter of an approximate 30 or so days they messed up my credit. I've called to speak to someone and oddly get disconnected. I can't wait to get rid of this car loan or the car itself. If you are looking into this company to finance my suggestion is to run, try someone else.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ally Bank?

Original review: April 1, 2018

They were unable to process my payment. My bank proved the error is on them. I have 1000s of $ I’m trying to pay them. Now they repoed my car. I’m calling the State A.G.’s office on them. It time to stop this bank, they are criminals.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Made 19 payments Ally says only 12. Call the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and file a complaint. 855-411-2372. These ** need to be put out of business. They will get my car back. That's what they do to us!

Original review: March 29, 2018

This "bank" is awful; between my last car payment and the bank I used to refinance my auto loan, I wind up overpaying by almost $900. I have been waiting for nearly a month for them to return my money. Call after call after call & they are useless; their call center is in the Philippines, too, so though they speak English, they are absolutely useless.

Original review: March 29, 2018

This company doesn’t care about how they treat their customers, they will tell you anything to get you off the phone. When you ask to speak to a supervisor they will keep you on hold forever and then transfer you to another agent that don’t know what they are doing. I have never had a problem with this company up until March 4th when I realized that the payment I made came out of the wrong account. I immediately contacted this company and asked for the payment to be reversed. I was told that they only do refunds through the mail in which they hold the check for 10 business days and release it which should take 5 to 7 days. I agreed for it to be mailed and I waited the time frame.

On March 27th I called this company 4 times and spoke with different agents. Some were nice some were rude and didn’t know what they were doing. I was basically told that the check was never mailed out because the money never came out of the account. Umm if it never came out of my account why is it a negative -1328 from Ally Financial?? They are saying that the money never came out but it did and the bank disputes it and Ally says the refund was issued.

How can something be issued if it was never taken? Once I finish with paying off my car I will never go through this fraudulent ** company again. I want my damn money. I have uploaded screenshots of bank statements conversations with Ally and me and their website and no one is still assisting. Don’t finance through this company. If you do make sure you don’t overpay on your car cause all they will do will hold your money. I have contacted the B.B.B and attorney general. I would hate to seek a lawyer when I’m sure they will charge me way more than what I owe.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Having this team of irresponsible, negligent individuals finance the lease of my first car was the biggest mistake I have ever made. Not only are you on hold for at least 30 minutes before you speak with a live agent, but when you do, they are rude, and unwilling to help. I called this morning because I received a letter in the mail stating they had informed the credit bureaus about a late payment, missed payment or other default on my account. This could not possibly be correct as I have never made a late payment let alone miss one.

I called in today hoping to resolve this misunderstanding as I am unable to access my account online and the agent who answered the phone, did not even greet me (customer service 101), and just asked for my account number. She then said she had never heard of that letter before and had no idea why I had received that. I expressed my frustration to her and she said I could always refinance my car again. I told her I was not sure I’d want to do that with Ally financial due to several issues I’ve had with them already, and instead of doing her job as a customer service representative and trying to work through a resolution with me -THE CUSTOMER- she just brushed me off and said, "Well I did not mean with us but with whoever you want." Feeling like she was trying to mock me, I asked to speak with a manager, to which she said, "Sure. I’ll send you to voicemail," and HUNG UP!! Are they serious?

I am extremely displeased with the service and I DO NOT recommend Ally Financial at all. They will just ruin your credit by providing FALSE information to the bureaus and not even return a call to even attempt to resolve an issue. Do not even bother asking to speak with a manager… Save your breath because you will be sent to an unchecked mailbox and never receive a follow up. They are misleading, bad-mannered, and unreliable. I will definitely be reporting them- they are a SCAM. Jeffrey Brown should be ashamed of himself or whoever is overseeing the daily operations for this company – with 9.866 billion in revenue in 2017 you would think they would invest in customer service and training. Guess not. Avoid at all costs.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Ally Financial is violating Fair Credit Protection Act. I submitted a dispute through Experian a couple months ago to update account as charged off in Chapter 7 bankruptcy in Jan 2014. Ally instead of fixing error on credit report, they resume reporting account with an active balance on account. This is makes me very concerned and will also report this to state of CA attorney general.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I took a loan out at a dealer and Ally was the lender. I decided to pay my loan off after only 1 payment. I received the payment amount via a snail mail letter because they do not offer any other options and when you call their 877 number, ALL 9 CHOICES offer no alternative to speak to an actual person whether during business hours or not. I paid my vehicle off in full then was sent a bill for a final payment plus another 60 or so. After messing around with their system for over an hour, I got ahold of an operator who determined they made a mistake. Not willing to send an email stating this, or give me any sort of reference other than their 877 number, I gave up in frustration and am hoping this goes smooth. What a joke of a company, what poor customer service, avoid at ALL costs. Go to your nearest lender and get a loan, these people are a joke!

Original review: March 22, 2018

Called to move my autopay to a later day in the month. Which they did. They did not inform us that we had to go on the internet and stop the previous date. The previous date come and they took the automatic payment out of my checking account, which overdraw my account. We called and they realized the mistake. At that point they did not tell us that the payment system was going to try to take the payment again, just that they fixed the autopay for the following months. The second unauthorized payment came at the same time as 7 other transactions. I now am out more than $300.00 in overdraft fees because this company. They don't care about their customer or their financial well being. Absolutely the worst bank I've ever dealt with.

Original review: March 22, 2018

In February I had transaction of 259.72 pending to come out of my checking acct for Ally Bank. That's all that was on description for transaction. I called my bank immediately to let them know I have no accounts with Ally. Filled out paper with my bank to stop this and any future transactions. Well it happened again this month. Contacted Ally. Was told by Kami that there was nothing they could do since I wasn't a customer... Hello!!! Where DID you get my info from to do this activity. This time there actually was an ID# so I gave that to her. Still nothing. She said I would have to have my bank dispute it with them. Something is very wrong here.

Original review: March 21, 2018

If there was a way to give this company 1/10th of a star "they'd be lucky to get this from me". These guys are a ripoff and my experience in dealing with them is nothing short of pathetic. Following the return of 2014 Jeep Willys in mint condition with 17,000 less miles then contracted for and with a residual value $6,000 less than retail, these ** proceeded to send a bill for $206.93. Follow an appeal and review to the scratched fender (OEM part $51.99) they refused to do anything. By posting this I hope to warn others that, "this is NOT a customer friendly lender".

Original review: March 20, 2018

Back in 2015 I leased a car from a dealer, and the dealer processed the lease through Ally Bank. I actually had no problems with Ally during the period of my lease, however, I wanted to extend the lease by a month or two so I called Ally to inquire how to do this. I spoke with a customer service representative named "Jasmine" who told me that it would be no problem, and quoted me terms that would essentially allow me to continue to making the same lease payments for 2 additional months, plus I would have to pay a processing fee that was about the same as a single lease payment. Ok, no problem. However, I was told that I could not enter into this agreement until I made the last lease payment. I was not told there was any kind of time limit after making the last payment before I could extend the lease, so I waited.

About two weeks after this call, I call back and somehow spoke to the same person (Jasmine), and I requested for the lease to be extended since I had already made the last payment. I was then given an enormous amount that was more than three times what I was originally quoted. I asked why, and "Jasmine" started simply stating the same thing over and over again, or reading from a script, or explaining the terms of the lease, but refused to answer my questions. She kept speaking over me and raising her voice or speaking in a very condescending and abusive way. She kept telling me that since the lease is ending, I can no longer enter into that agreement and that I should have done this BEFORE making the last payment. Remember, she originally told me I had to wait until I made the LAST payment.

I asked to speak to someone else since she was being so rude with me and I was put on hold. I then got connected to someone with the same exact voice and accent, who gave me a different name (I think it was "Cindy"). This person was actually Jasmine again. I then asked for a manager and got transferred to a "manager" whose name I cannot recall, but it was the same person -- Jasmine. I argued with her for another 15 minutes, trying to get them to explain why I was being told two different things and all I kept getting was rude responses, script reading, useless explanations, and interruptions.

Never, not ONCE, getting my actual question answered. I ended up spending almost an hour on the phone with these people, completely wasting my time and ruining my afternoon plans. In the end, I decided that I will just turn my car in at the lease end and vow to never do business with Ally again, even if they offer the best rates. If Ally is the only bank available to finance or provide leasing that car, I will not purchase or lease that car, period. I am very unhappy. If Ally cannot hire and train knowledgeable and courteous staff, they do not deserve anyone's business.

Original review: March 15, 2018

My father-in-law died on February 18th. The joint trust that they had contained almost half a million dollars in CDs and Savings Accounts. On February 21 my mother-in-law requested the closing of the CDs and Savings accounts and transfer of the funds to her account in the Washington Federal Savings Bank. At that time we provided the Certified Certificate of Death. Nothing happened.

We then provided the pertinent parts of the Trust which indicated that in the event of Paul's death, his wife Ruth would be the sole Surviving Trustee with full power to execute any financial transactions. Nothing happened. We then sent a signed Letter of Instructions as to the disposition of the CDs and Savings accounts. Nothing happened. Ally Bank then tested the transfer by the use of micro-deposits to ensure there was a clear channel to Washington Federal and we had to call to confirm the amount of the micro-deposits which we did. I, personally called Ally Bank 15 times, yes, that's no typo, 15 times.

As of last Wednesday, March 7, 2018, I spoke with a woman in the Trust Department and I believe her name was Liz. I explained the situation and she actually promised me the funds were cleared to transfer and the transfer would be completed in 5 business days (Thursday and Friday to close the CDs and Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to transfer the funds). Nothing happened. I called for the 16th time this evening to a company that says they are open "24/7" and was told that they could provide no information until 8:00 tomorrow (Thursday). I would not recommend this bank to anyone, my worst friend included. They are incompetent, lacking skills, and outright incapable. I am not sure this is a viable bank to tell you the truth. If I cannot resolve this tomorrow, will move this to a legal matter with her attorney.

Original review: March 14, 2018

We got a loan from Ally one year ago. We have paid close to $7,000. We were told that if we paid half in the beginning of the month and make sure the other half was due by the due date that would be a good way for us to go cause our payment was 6:34. Get our bank statement from Ally stating that we haven't paid anything. We've only made three payments after a year. I asked what is going on they told me we've only made three payments. I said no one I could prove I've made all my payments.

Well according to them they said that because we're making it one of the beginning and one at the end that that's not considered a full payment even though that's the full amount so they took all of our money for finance charges are we still owe the same amount as we did when we bought the car. The customer service there is horrible. They're rude or disrespectful. They have absolutely no one there that speaks good enough English or they won't allow you to talk to somebody that speaks good enough English for you to understand what they're saying. I feel that this is a scam. They steal your money and then they expect you to pay the car even though they're keeping all of your money and this is an interest charge this is finance charge has nothing to do with your car. And now I'm going to lose the car because I'm not paying them another $7,000 for them to keep my money and not put anything towards the car.

Original review: March 13, 2018

ALLY pretends to be a Bank, it's not, paid off a loan to get rid of them and overpaid. The refund check was from Bank of America with a BIG ALLY on top of the check. If you have a problem with the bookkeeping and they can't answer you and you press for a Manager they just hang up. You don't even have a name to complain to. I get advertising from them for investment accounts, where do you suppose the money goes.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I have had my car loan with Ally for almost 2 years now and they have always been helpful with anything I needed up until recently when my car was repossessed. I will admit that the repo was my fault due to an unexpected hardship. However, I have bent over backwards to do anything and everything I have been asked to do.

Last Friday, March 9, is when our problems started. I called Ally first thing that morning and was told my car was here in Knoxville, as soon as I paid the $1900 to get it caught up, they would call the recovery lot to have it released. I submitted the payment and called the recovery lot only to be informed that my car had been transported to an auto auction in Kentucky on the 7th. I was told the day of the repo that I would have until the 16th to get the car back and was told multiple times that it would remain at Damage Free Auto Recovery (amazing people!!!) until after that date. I called Ally back and they, then, informed me that it was in Knoxville still then changed their statement by informing me that it was at an auto auction in Nashville (about 4 hours from me.)

I called the auto auction in Nashville who said they hadn't received it, called the recovery lot who said it was on the way to Nashville, then called Ally back with lawsuits being mentioned. They informed me that I can definitely have the car back but I would either have to go to Nashville to get it or pay for transport fees ($2 a mile x 180 miles). It's now Monday and I'm getting ready to call the auto auction and hopefully get my car back today. If they have already sold my car then I will be contacting lawyers to begin the suing part of this mess. I'm inviting anyone and everyone with a similar problem to join my efforts to ensure this doesn't happen to anyone else. Feel free to email me at **. Include in the subject line: Ally auto negligence.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I purchased a vehicle and paid every month on time. After almost a year I got very ill and was in the hospital for a while. I contacted Ally because I had missed my payment. They told me it was not a problem and wrote out a contract with specific guidelines and asking for a partial payment for the one I missed. I did as they asked. A week passed and then one day I wake up and my car is gone. (I park in my garage every day but that one day I had to park outside). After panic set in and I called the police thinking my car had been stolen I quickly found out that was not the case. Ally had reported it to a locked yard. I called and they first said we never made an agreement but when I started stating the guidelines and who I spoke with and said I would contact a attorney they suddenly found the agreement and tea it to exactly as I had told them.

Now they say that the agreement did not go through. They would not give me any reasons just demanded I pay almost $2500 in repossession fees late fees, tow yard fees the list went and on they told me I had 3 days to claim the vehicle or I would not be able to get it back. I paid (not willingly and I fought like hell but needed my car to go to work). Since then it has almost been a year now. Now every time I try to pay my payments my account is locked. And when I call the department I need to speak to is always closed.

Once I get the person on the line which takes over a week they always charge me more money for fees. This happens almost every month. So I had my acct set up for auto pay from my bank. It shows in my account auto pay info. Next month no payment deducted from my account. Called Ally. Oh the auto pay was not processed. That is our error they say. So I had a manager get onto the phone and reset it up together. No surprise not deducted from my Bank the next month either. They would not let me pay with my card. I had to go to a Western Union place and pay that way.

Of course there were a bunch of fees total. I had to pay over $1500 for a $450 monthly payment that was only 1 1/2 months late because they messed up. Next month same thing. Locked out of my account but this time when I called I told them I was recording them for quality assurance and proper documentation for myself. Three agents refused to speak to me and hung up. One lady tried to argue and say I can’t record them. I asked why not you record me? After not agreeing to not record she hung up also.

For two weeks there was no one able to speak to me. I emailed and messages daily saying I just want to pay my bill. Each time same response. You must call due to nature of account. So after over a month now they said I owe $5000 because I have not paid in 8 months. I have a receipt and emails stating otherwise. From them. They say I cannot pay because they are sent my case to a lawyer but will not tell me how to contact whomever that is. They will not take a payment and will not let me in the account. This has dramatically affected my credit score. My previous car I had only one late payment in 5 years. I am trying to get a house but now can’t because they report me late.

I am going to have to get an attorney because now I don’t know what to do. I am scared to drive anywhere because I am afraid I will come out and my car will be gone again. Never do business with this company. Trust me this is the short version of the last 2 years of hell they have put me through. There is a lot more I could say but for lengthiness I will leave it at this.

Original review: March 8, 2018

2010 Dodge Nitro: Purchased vehicle for $14,600.00 in August of 2013. The Chrysler Dealer "BlueWater" in Port Huron wrote a purchase agreement with fees and charges for warranty vehicle was "Dealer Certified". Getting behind two payments in February 2018. I had contacted Ally. Came to an agreement. Told them payment date! Within a week they had car towed to a Recovery Yard. I had requested total amount paid to date and requested that I had already paid the $15,360.00 for the vehicle. Now they are requesting $1,700.00 to obtain vehicle back into my ownership. They do not allow early payoff. This illegal loan will not mature until 2019! (Overcharging customers) Six year Loan total predatory lending. Avoid any financial dealing with this financial firm Ally.

Original review: March 8, 2018

Recently they posted a check on my account that told me that I no longer had a payment due for the month of Feb., and so I did not pay because my payment was zero. After that, I received a phone saying I was past due. I called and told them the situation; they filed an extension because it was their fault their site said what it said. They requested that I pay 30% of my total bill, which I did. Now they are saying I am still past due, the extension was declined and are requesting the rest of the payment. The guy on the phone said the site was an error and I should have called when I noticed it. Well, I did not know it was an error because the check that was sent to them matched what my account said.

They reversed the check and said I need to contact my dealership to get it fixed. I keep getting different stories from different workers and that is unacceptable because it impacts me. And the first person did not put any notes in. I have never been late on a payment and because of THEIR fault, I am being punished. Worse auto loan company I have ever dealt with. If it was your fault for the error, you should recognize that and take the past due mark off my account. They do not take accountability for their issue and expect their customers to know when their site is sending out errors. If my account looks correct, then I can't see an error. Plus the second guy was super rude and blamed me for the mistake.

Original review: March 5, 2018

Sent Ally a check in amount quoted to pay off a vehicle. Notation indicated for “payment in full”. It was cashed and cleared. Began getting duns for monthly payments plus interest. That was in Aug. and to date - March - am being continually billed and they refuse to release title to me. Ready to join others in class action suit for fraudulent charges and victim harassment.

Original review: March 5, 2018

Got a letter from Ally Financial threatening me with Notice Of Intent to Report Negative Information on me. This bank is unprofessional and scammers. We got our payoff amount from their website and then verified the amount by calling Ally and talking to Allison to verify our pay off and paid it off that 13 of December. And now in March they send us a BS bill that says we owe them $55.63 dated February 26 and if we don't pay it they are going to report negative information.

Called Ally today March 5th knowing they are wrong and talked to Edward, he tells me we actually owe $58.56 and if I use a credit card to pay, it's $7.50 more. I tried to tell him we had called his company for a payoff and I have documented paperwork from them stating the pay off amount with a confirmation number and that is what we paid. Edward ** explained that the payoff was not correct and we owe $58.56 more. I said, "That is BS. We even called your company to get our pay off amount." Bad thing is they have you in a corner either pay or they send out false negative personal information. They do not work with you! DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!

Original review: March 5, 2018

2 automatic deductions from my checking account in one month for car loan. One was applied and the 2nd vanished into the unknown - provided company with fax from bank with tracking information and dates and logged 4 cases over a 2 week period of time. Always told the same lies-special case being handled and was even given specific time of 11:16 on 3/5/18 for resolution. Another Lie-I have held on the phone for over 50 minutes trying to talk to the payment department but it was refused. All reps are from another country with a very distinctive accent and unable to communicate with them to understand the issue! Stay away from this company!!!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I have a 72-month car loan with them and in the beginning they didn't seem as bad but now they tack on every fee under the sun. I was without a job for 2 months and made my payment when I could, because it wasn't on the date it was due they charged me almost $600 in fees. When I would call to update my information and give them a date to be paid, I never spoke to anyone who spoke good English and they would continue to tell me they are going to report me to the credit companies and that I need to ask my family and friends to help me pay.

I called today to get a payment date set up and they told me I now owe $1,000 on top of my payment. It's unreal and I really wish that I would of never had my car loan through them. It seems that every month my car loan payment that I still owe never goes down. Also, if you dig into how much your payment actually goes to the loan vs fin. charges it's usually 30% goes to the actual loan and the rest goes to their fees. No wonder it takes years to even pay anything off with them. I would never recommend them and I will NEVER have another loan with them.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Ally Financial is a crooked company. I got behind on my truck payment from losing my job. We worked it out where I paid a fee. They moved my two payments that I was behind to the end of my agreement and then I was supposed to make my truck payment on time. From then on then when I go to make my truck payment they tell me that I owe $365 worth of late fees that was never even told to me.

So as I try to talk to them to work it all out I'm explaining to him that the guy told me all I had to do was paid the fees that I already had and then make my truck payment on time and that I was good and they told me that the guy must have gave me bad information and if they can't do anything about it. They don't care about their customers. They got some of the worst rates in the business. They had no Americans that work for them. Obviously it's a non American company who wants to rip our wallets through our butts. I would recommend walking before I would get a loan from these guys.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Ally makes many costly errors and is slow or refuses to correct such. Since day one with me they have been a pain and with account paid in full they yet want more money, they say for balance and late charges. None are owed, their payment history on my account proves such but they ignore facts, even their own facts, such would humorous, if was not about money, transportation and reputation. I will simply post part of my last correspondence with Ally and let this explain all:

We have paid $30,528.50 on a note of $30,528.00. Account is paid in full and on time, This is according to your payment records sent to me. Thank you for giving me proof and ammo. No balance is due, no late payments are due. Yes, loan agreement I signed with dealership says first payment was due 10/07/2011 but "Due notice" was not given by Ally in 09/2011, first contact from Ally came via phone 10/14/2011 saying we were late on payment, we had no idea who to pay until you contacted us, and dealership did not know either. I called the dealership many times prior to 10/07/2011 asking who we needed to pay and the dealership also did not know, thusly first payment was due 11/07/2011. With first payment being due on 11/07/2011, 72 monthly payments and 3 authorized extensions our final payment was due 01/07/2018 and was paid.

The reason you show balance due, but this note is paid in full, is on several payments (I count 5) either 100% of payment or excessive amount was applied to "finance charge" and had little or no effect on balance, such as the first payment, which did not get processed until the formation of our account 10/21/2011.

This payment sat pending in my bank account 10/14/2011 until our Ally account was created 10/21/2011. I was on the phone with your data processor/account manager "David" as he set up our account and he told me when he finished entering my information "Now you can make your first payment." I replied "I have already made one payment and have another pending." He replied "This strangely, I just now set up your account." Prior to being allowed to talk to "David" I was forced to schedule another payment because Ally had no record of the payment I had already made.

I authorized a payment for 11/02/2011, but payment and a unauthorized late charge was taken from my bank account on 11/02/2011. With account first payment due not due until 11/07/2011, this late charge and how it was taken without authorization are both violation to Federal banking laws, as was not providing Due notice. I have sent you the link for such laws many times. Every month you did and continue to report us late, apply late charges, finance charges and harass us, was and is $40,000.00 of Federal and State fines and penalties. 75 months x $40,000.00 = $300,000.00 plus 3x amount of note you owe me for pain and suffering (State law allows this) $90,000.00+. I asked Ally nicely to correct these errors over 100 times but only "David" and did the correct thing, he told the truth and fixed the errors.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I leased a car for 3 years. Part of lease I was required to have $1,600 deposit. I returned the car in excellent condition, Ally will not refund my deposit until the car is sold in the auction. That is a very poor policy to hold my money until the car is sold, nothing in my contract say that. I will never lease or buy a car that Ally finances. BE AWARE... I WARNED YOU.

Ally Bank Company Information