Ally Bank

Formerly GMAC

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The dealer chose this stupid bank for me. I looked at my statement and am wondering why my interest payments never seem to go down. I contacted them and I get some idiot in the Philippines - are you kidding? I googled to get a USA number and it is not published. I filed a complaint with the banking commission and never heard back. I called the Findlay Chevrolet dealership and told them what was going on and never heard back. I am pissed. Now I am making copies and sending it to my local politician - oh wait - it's Democrat here in Vegas - UGH!!!

Every month Ally is stealing my money. My principal doesn't seem to be going down and it's because they are charging me interest on the full loan amount!!! OMG!!! Nobody cares that this bank is ripping off American consumers and employing customer reps overseas that can barely speak English!!! WTF!!! I am going to fight this all the way and get all my money back! Stay away from ALLY!

I have tried to reach these people about fixing my credit after ruining it. All you get is people who you can’t understand and have no clue how to help you! My car was traded in and paid off and they have yet to have the bad mark they put on my credit fixed! Never again!!!

I have lost my business, so I got behind on 2 payments on my auto loan. I have been threatened by customer service for weeks by phone. This continues even after speaking to them umpteen times in a 2 week span. My truck payments had been made on time for 4 1/2 years. Today 1/6/17 I received another customer service person with a bad attitude. He stated my double payment was returned. He said it was my or my bank’s fault. This took them 5 days to get this info to me. Now I'm over the accrued time and it's going to repossession. I personally went to the bank and the person did some research to find they never tried to get the payment. I call back and let him know this and he said it's still my bank’s fault. If you are getting a car loan through this godforsaken company, don't do it. THERE ARE THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF COMPLAINTS ABOUT ALLY. WHY ISN'T SOMETHING BEING DONE ABOUT THIS ONLINE ONLY BANK?

Horrible, horrible, horrible. 12/15 – I contacted Ally regarding extend one month’s payment, which the rep approved. I paid $126+ in order to extend the payment. 12/21 – Regular monthly payment was withdrawn from my account in addition to my paying the $126+ to extend said payment. 12/22 – I called and spoke with a rep, then assistant supervisor, who told me it was Ally’s error, but that it would take almost one month to refund. I said that was unacceptable since it was Ally’s error. I was told it would take 24 – 48 hours for a scheduled call with a supervisor. I asked him to schedule and to call me back the next day with any additional information.

12/23 – The assistant supervisor called me and told me he was going to try to push the refund through quicker, but did not schedule a call with a supervisor as requested. He said he would at that point. I still have never received a call from the supervisor. 12/30– I called again and spoke with an assistant supervisor who said she would try to get this pushed through quicker, would call me back, AND schedule a call with a supervisor. No response at all.

1/5 - Posted on Social Media my frustrations, and received a public response to contact them at autorep@ally.com. Provided my information and the summary of events. NO RESPONSE AGAIN. Out of my 750+ friends on Facebook, THREE indicated that a similar thing happened to them by Ally, then I check on Yelp and ConsumerAffairs. It appears they do this all the time. DO. NOT. USE.

This is the most pathetic excuse of a bank. The motor blew on our vehicle, called on November 9, 2016, asking about refinancing the vehicle to afford the engine replacement, not an option. NO LOAN MODIFICATIONS WHATSOEVER. Asked about a personal loan, considering this was our second car with Ally, again, not an option. I told them "come get the car, I cannot afford the car payments and repairs." Was told he could extend the note, he would send me a letter that I sign and send back with the payment. Never got this letter. Called in about it on December 9, and was told I am now past due. After an hour of explaining everything over and over, finally got to talk to a manager. She said she would honor the original extension. They collected the payment of course, and told me the letter would be here in 10 days. It took 12.

Of course the entire time, receiving 3-4 collection calls every day minus Sunday. Signed it and tried to fax it back, the fax number on the letter is answered by a recording. Called for another fax number, had to spend an hour explaining the notes on the account, and was told to use the secure msg option on the website. Finally got it set up, and then the website was down. I called again, and another hour explaining the situation over and over again, was told mail it with the last part of the extension payment. Still getting the collection calls daily. Was told the entire time this account is not considered late, but guess what's on my credit report. Correct, 60 days past due.

This "bank" is 100% outsourced and you have to constantly repeat yourself because they flat out don't listen. Their guarantees are lies. You pay the penalty when they fail, and to boot, late fees all over the account. Deciding on voluntary repo as I type this. On a lighter side, Liberty Mutual fixed my bill and was more than helpful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ally Bank?

Whenever I contact Ally I always receive a foreign person who does not speak English well. I can't understand what they are saying and they cannot understand either. The customer service is awful. They have no sympathy for you or any situation you are in, nor do they care about what you're saying. I have been disconnected on not only by reps but also by supervisors. I have called this company over 150 times and I've only been financing through them for a year and 2 months. I have used extensions, papers have been lost in the mail, papers never received and faxed 20 times before they get it, didn't receive my extension agreement for 2 months after I placed call. Waited 2 weeks for a supervisor to call back and they are just horrible company to finance through. Told me just they recommend me pay it by a certain day when I had a hardship and they swore they understood. They are full of CRAP.

PLEASE READ!!! RUN!! DO NOT ACCEPT A LOAN FROM THIS COMPANY!!! I have never received customer service this horrific in my life. FIRST all the people who work for this cheap, pathetic company live in the Philippines, so they have all your personal information including social security number sitting in the Philippines where credit fraud is at a all time high. Nobody speaks English fluently. It took me four hours to change an address on my account due to nobody understanding how to spell my street name. If you ask to speak to someone who is fluent in English they will just hang up the phone. Because they are not in the United States they could care a less about assisting anyone that lives here. To resolve a customer service issue they laugh and hang up the phone. You call back to back and cannot get to a customer service agent/manager no matter what you do.

I ended up calling the bank directly and spoke to a woman in the United States who said she understands my frustration, she gets this call all day long, but could not help because she is not in that department. This is the most horrific experience I have ever had with a company. I do not have the time of day to worry about reviews, but honestly this is almost like being in the twilight zone when you are talking these people. Is hard to believe they are not monitored and can just hang up on you ten times in a row just because they cannot understand English properly. The owner of the bank should be ashamed of themselves. Using cheap labor and not caring about the service they are providing. Do not consider this bank. Avoid at all costs. When given this offer at the dealership decline it. There are other BANKS THAT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS. THIS PLACE IS A DISGRACE.

Ally has been THE WORST experience EVER for me and my husband in having to deal with their customer service. The REPS are always in the Philippines. (Can't speak to ONE person statewide!!) We could never speak to the SAME REP, always having to go over everything 3-5 times... Passed around from one to the other. It gets VERY frustrating, especially when we needed HELP! We even had one rep swear that the number he gave us would always just reach HIM. LIAR. Had been promised an extension due to lost job, etc., they said they would send the paperwork, they sent the WRONG papers to sign! Then failed to tell us that! It never happened!! We tried again for an extension and they never sent us the papers, couldn't reach the REP (SEAN) who swore he gave us HIS direct number, to ask where the papers were! When times are tough, don't count on any help from ALLY. The reps give lousy service and DO NOT CARE.

They just towed my truck away... We only had approx. 11 more payments. All we needed was some reliable, down home, human touch, customer service. Statewide!!! ALLY- as a company you should think more towards buyers having contact with ONE person as a Representative to handle anything that happens with that ONE account. Not some random (always) rep from overseas. DO NOT DEAL WITH ALLY - look elsewhere for financing. No human, statewide, service.

Ally Bank is one of the worst banks that I've ever seen. They're very condescending to their customers. We have auto loan with them and they having it in collections for a $390 late but we called them to tell them that we can pay the $390+ current. The phone said that needed $890. We told them that once we get paid around Jan 3 that we can pay it. They refused it, they want the $390 now. ** Ally Bank. That's not customer service. If you don't want to work with customers, you will lose customers. They want to repo the vehicle over about $890 which we told them that we will pay next month.

When asked if I could finish off my loan using my PNC credit card (I was hoping I could accumulate points) I was told there would be a $7.50 fee to do this but that it would be refunded, which it was. WHAT THEY FAILED TO TELL ME IS THAT THEY WERE USING 'WESTERN UNION' TO GET THE MONEY AND THEREFORE I WAS CHARGED $49.01 TO "BORROW" MONEY. What a rip off! I was told that legally Ally and/or Western Union did not have to tell me they were doing this, therefore I believe they did not have the BALLS to do it themselves. Never again!!! They are not a reputable banking institution. The phone # they gave me on the invoice to call was not legit; I had to go to their website to finally reach someone.

I have never wanted so badly to take the time to write a review for a company as much as now, in my 27 years. My car was repossessed, I called and was quoted an amount and a date in return I would be able to retrieve my car. I have paid on time straight for 3 years until I lost my job. I called on the date I was told prepared to pay amount I was quoted. However, each representative I talk to gave a completely different amount, and the car was sent over to the auction before it should have been. I spoke with a man name Wale, who told me, "I don't know why" and did NOTHING to resolve the issue but rely on his script saying "sorry". The most frustrating part of my whole experience, which is the most important of the customer service role was no one would listen, CONSTANTLY, and I am stressing it, constantly TALKING OVER ME. I HAD TO MAKE SURE MY PHONE WASN'T ON MUTE!!!

I request for consumer escalations, I was asked "And why do you need to speak with them"?... with them? It shouldn't have been a question why I needed to speak with the escalations team, if the representative was listening. Therefore, I was told "No". After a day of "I'm sorry this is how much is due ma'am" and being transferred, I was BEYOND FRUSTRATED. The next day I gathering more money, the amount I was quoted. I called no one could find my account, eventually after three calls someone found my account. Then again I was quoted ANOTHER AMOUNT!! This was the absolute worst company I have ever dealt with in my life to the point I wanted to do some damage!! I DON'T EVEN WANT TO GIVE A 1 STAR, ONLY BECAUSE "IT'S REQUIRED".

Our family has been suffering through a terrible time in the past few months. My husband passed away unexpectedly last September after having officially retired five months previously, social security cut off all income due to his death and I immediately had to move in with our daughter. Our daughter lost her job the end of July & didn't find another one until early September. She attempted to pay all of her household bills and car payments while she was out of a job. She was late in paying her car payments in August & September but she made them. She could not make the monthly car payment in October.

She spoke to a person in the Billing Department at Ally who told her to put in a "Deferment of Payment" document which Ally would send to her, requiring her signature, that would add an additional month's payment at the end of the total bill. My daughter signed this document (Which she received a MONTH after the phone call) and sent it back to Ally. A couple of weeks later Ally called my daughter and claimed they did not receive the "Deferment of Payment" document my daughter had sent, so they sent another document and further requested a "good faith" payment of $125.00 which my daughter paid, signed the document and sent it back again. They stated they received this document.

Then the harassing phone calls began. Ally Billing Department called my daughter at least 3 to 4 times a day requesting the payment for October. Every time my daughter patiently explained to the caller about the "Deferment Agreement" she had signed & sent back to Ally and after checking my daughter's history, they would agree. It's all on file. And still they would insist that my daughter pay October's bill as if there was never a "Deferment Agreement" in place. They have called her at midnight or shortly after on at least two occasions.

Around Thanksgiving, my daughter spoke to another representative from Ally Billing Dept and she told my daughter she would resolve the situation and would stop the harassing phone calls... That lasted about two weeks. Today the call came in again from Ally Billing Department with another person wanting payment for October. Is there a "Deferment Agreement" in place with this company or NOT? My daughter had been making timely payments on this car to this company for three years before this happened.

My mother is 78 and I cosigned to get her a car. It is financed through Ally and she got behind on 2 payments so I had payments preauthorized to be paid. I called to make the payment by phone and they wouldn't accept. Took me 5 days to find out account was locked and I had to try to get unlocked. Was given several different numbers but no one would call back etc. By the end of 7 days they repoed the car and cost me additional charges.

On the 9th day I finally was able to contact someone who said I had to make a same day payment and I said that would have been nice for someone to tell me the day I called to make payment but no one could tell me so I made the payment. Come to find out her car was already cleaned out and transported to auction for sale.

Had to go to 2 different places to get plates back and then go to auction to retrieve car then came to find out week after got it back. Got certified letter from them stating had to go to notary to get plates put back in our names which cost me additional 180.00 atop of the 2500.00 paid to start with situation. Could have all been avoided if they would have just took payment on due date when I called instead cost me all this money and almost my mother a heart attack. I filed a complaint at attorney general because of this. Atop of this my son has a car financed through them and was stolen and they won't help locate until it's in repoed mode. Go figure. Then they're wanting him to pay for on top. What a crock.

I have had continuous trouble with Ally financial since the very beginning of my loan. Ally has failed to apply payments to my account. I would have to provide them proof that I had made the payment. Once I provided proof they would find the payment but in the time it took for me to prove that I had made the payment and for them to find the payment, they would charge me a late fee. I have requested a payment history countless times, they always say they will send one. In 5 years I have yet to see a single one. I file an objection, they conduct the investigation on themselves, of course they are going to find no harm on themselves. What a joke.

In addition, if you want to see a credit report ruined overnight whether it is justified or not, just disagree with their dishonest accounting methods or complain about how badly they are robbing you. They don't seem to let the truth get in the way of them making all of the money they possibly can. Ally financial makes Wells Fargo look like honest and charitable. I now completely believe that there is no longer justice, honestly, integrity or truth in the banking industry. Stealing is supposed to be illegal for everyone, yet Ally is allowed to continue these confiscatory practices.

And to add insult to injury, having spoken to Ally hundreds of times, I have only spoken to three or four people that had a basic understanding of English. I find it very discouraging that after the thousands of bad reviews I have seen written about Ally, that not only is Ally allowed to remain in business but also that the upper management of Ally is not in prison.

Complaint filed with CFPB on 11/10/16. They were given 60 days to respond: On April 11th 2016 my vehicle was in a total loss accident. I called Ally Financial on April 15th to notify them that my insurance company had deemed the car a total loss. Unsure how the process worked and relying on Ally to guide me through the process. I was told there was a total loss department and asking to speak with them the agent told me she could not provide me with that number. Soon after I started getting calls from Ally to my work number calling 6 times in a row to collect payment. I then kept telling them the car was in an accident, that I have insurance and gap coverage on the car. Ally reported me late to the credit bureaus in May for 30 days and in June for 60 days.

I was told by my insurance company on several occasions throughout this process they were waiting on Ally to send them a letter of guarantee. Here I am helpless with Ally while they have me in collection and reporting me late and the insurance company cannot get a document from them. This is one of many examples of how my experience was working with Ally. I filed a BBB complaint in June. On July 27 I received a letter from Cynthia ** in Executive Customer Relations. saying that have determined their reporting to be accurate, but as a courtesy they will escalate the concern and would follow up within 1-2 weeks. I never heard anything back. I have left several messages for Cynthia ** with not one returned phone call. I receive a letter from Ally stating I owe them $1,239.05 which is $500 for the deductible; $579.71 (my auto payment) they want paid by 11/30/2016 and the rest is late fees.

After receiving this letter I call in to Ally on 11/8 to see if I can reach Miss **. I was transferred finally to Steven in the so called "Executive Customer Relations Department" after waiting on hold for 35 minutes. I explained to him the situation. He even "agreed" that Ally should have handled this differently when I made the initial call to them on April 15th. He even suggested waiving all fees other than the $500.00 deductible but would have to be sent off for approval (at this point I finally feel like I have gotten somewhere with them). He gave me a reference number #**. I asked if he had a call back number and was advised he could not provide me with one.

I got a call today 11/10 from a Mr. Ronald ** at Ally saying that he received MY request for a credit and Ally would not be waiving any charges and a request had been ONCE AGAIN submitted for review of my credit and should hear something in the next few weeks. I asked him where my response was from Miss **'s request in July since I never got one. He could not answer that. I explained this was offered by Steven. He then advised I would need to refer back to the "Executive Customer Relations Department" by writing them. I am appalled at the professionalism of this company. I have been continuously passed off. All I asked from them was their help and not even could I get that.

My account was in good standing with them up until this accident. My account with my new auto loan is in good standing. I am willing to provide any additional documents or information you need to assist with this complaint. Thank you for your time. 12/10/2016: I received a letter stating that they will be reporting me LATE again. WHY DOES THIS COMPANY REFUSE TO RESOLVE THIS MATTER?

If you can choose another company to do business within the United States, that actually understands and comprehends what you are trying to say, I'd go with anyone else. Even if it's more expensive. Every single time over 3 years I have had my car, when speaking to them I have had issues. I will make payment arrangements and been told to specifically call one person back. Then after making the payment I will go to call that person back and the next person has no idea what I was talking about. This is happened more times than I can count. Today I was on the phone with them explaining that I already made my car payment but it is from a credit union so it takes a couple days to post. I had to explain to this lady what a credit union was. Then she still did not understand what I was trying to say. And kept telling me that a credit union is not a payment option.

When I asked to talk to someone in the United States who would understand what I'm trying to say I was connected with someone else who is just pretending to be from the United States supposedly named Sally who again was not understanding anything and was clearly not from the United States. Then again because I've been told when you asked to talk to someone from here they have to connect to you they again did not and of the third person again was not understanding what I was trying to say so I just hung up the phone. It is literally always a problem. Their customer service is terrible. I can't even count how many times they have messed up my account information and I have been on the phone for hours. Talking to person after person to clear it all up.

I am just one of thousands who leased a GM car from this bank. When I decided not to keep the car after my three year contract was up, they told me to turn it into the dealer. Then they inspected it and they said it had two scratches and tried to bill me $400 for the scratches. They had pictures, but so did I and mine did not show the scratches. I have leased cars before from other companies going through other banks and I have never had someone charge for anything after my three year lease. To top it off, when I went back to the dealer I found the car was sold. Fortunately GMAC paid Ally for the "claimed" damages, but I will never deal with this bank or buy a GM car again.

I hadn't used my online profile in almost a year since we send checks for the car payment. I logged on one day and the account was gone. I sent an email and they responded two days later (on Sunday) telling me I needed to call. I call and the woman tells me I never set up an online account which I did because how else had I made payments before. She said she will transfer me to tech support and instead I got consumer complaints. She was no help and when I asked to be transferred to tech support she refused then told me she would pass the message along. They never do what they say they will do. If I could give the company zero stars I would.

Most of the customer service reps have really strong accents. It's very hard to understand them and when you ask them to repeat what was said they get really irritated. I have been rushed off the phone so many times. They don't like to explain what's going on and are just overall rude.

I wish I'd read the reviews ahead of time. In October I requested an extension on my car payment. I was advised I could add two payments to the end of the loan by making a small initial payment. After two months and the required documents being lost and resent twice I found a late payment mark on my credit! I'm beyond furious because everyone I spoke to previously said they were turning it over to their "supervisor". Now I'm stuck paying the price. My payment history had been 100% on time previously. They said they would fix it but I have little confidence. I am refinancing as soon as I possibly can!

I have had issues with paying my car note with Ally Financial several times. The first time I created an account online and payment was successful. The next month Ally emailed me that the payment did not process, so I contacted my bank to verify. My name was misspelled apparently but I did notify them how last month's payment processed they were unable to answer (Ally). (Rep named: Gina). Another month I get a phone call at my job that they are collecting a non payment that I made last month. I then called my bank again and they had no process of any payments from Ally. (Rep; Gina). I called Ally and they notified me that a late charge was assessed and they did not have my cell phone only my work phone number.

The representative stated they never had my cell phone on file. I then requested to speak to a supervisor: (JR. Supervisor) after I verified they had actually called me on my cell phone and allowed them to hear a recording on speaker phone that they called me. The Supervisor then did verify to me the number they had and repeated my cell phone but I informed him they notified me they had no cell phone on file. I asked Supervisor to provide me a copy of a letter stating I had not made a payment and he transferred me back to Gina. Ally representative stated they were also unable to send me that information in writing.

I was transferred to the below people at this company and continue to receive collect calls to my work phone number even though I notified them to not call me. They have now called me under unknown caller to my direct work line. Collections department that contacted me at work: Jenica. Representative that I called back once I verified with logistics with my bank: Gina. Supervisor JR. - I spoke to whom really did nothing to help me. Please think twice when allowing these people to finance anything or banking with them. Good luck everyone.

Ally only has online banking when their system is down and you can't make a payment on your due date they charge you a late fee. If your payment due date falls on a Saturday and you pay on Saturday you are charged a late fee because your payment won't be processed until Monday. Ally should be shut down by the government for its crooked ways of ripping honest people off. I will be writing letters to my congressman.

I turned in my one lease for another Lease thankfully through another company, Ally, Upon inspection Sent me a bill for $611 in excess wear. They continued to send me a bill at least once a week for the next six weeks despite me paying the bill in total online The same way I have always paid them. Either their computers are out of date or they are behind the times. Finally it took a phone call for them to admit I do not owe anything. It is the phone call that I take issue with. They were rude and turned it into a company that I would not wish to do business with in the future. They made good money off of my lease and the least I should've expected with civility.

I have a FRIEND WHO LOST HIS JOB. I tried to help by paying his payment. I paid the payment BUT THEY STILL CHARGED LATE A FEE $30.00 AND IT took 3 hrs to talk to a supervisor who was terrible. I will never use ALLY for a lease ever even if I like the dealership. They are terrible at customer service. I spent almost 3 hrs on the phone with them. If you can lease with someone else I would. Ron ID number is ** was unsympathetic and an jerk. I not only payed past but the next payment and they still didn't waive fee. Never use Ally, a terrible institution. They do not care about anyone especially if you're trying to help a friend.

During the month of October I made my payment using the online website. It stated that I needed to make a payment of 820.00 but I didn't. I always pay more so I made a payment of $1020.00. Once I was done I signed out of the account. On November 12th I receive a phone call from Ally stating that I am 33 days late on my car payment. I immediately stated that the information is incorrect and "give me a few moments I'm going to pull up my bank account". My computer was moving slow so I had to keep telling the lady "give me a few moments my computer is moving slow". After about 10 minutes she hangs up on me. So I review my checking account and notice that the car payment did not come out. I made the payment immediately and called them back. First if I would not have received that call I would have never knew I was late.

I did not receive any phone calls, letter, text or emails stating that the payment was not received. This was all explained to the rep when I called back. She stated that she sees my payment and provided me the same reference number that I had. Plus she created a dispute to make sure that it did not reflect my credit report. I believe everything is good to go. Today, Monday the 14th I get 2 different phone calls stating that my payment has not been received yet. When I started to explain to the first lady she just hung up on me. Then hours later I get another call same thing stating that my payment was not received. I had to go over everything all over again. All the lady kept saying is that she understood but she didn't understand. She stated "I see that you filed a dispute" and I said yes. She said that her manager reviewed it and I have a great relationship with them and it is all taken care of.

Further in the conversation she said that the October payment is late so it will show on the credit report. I literally was in tears. How can I be responsible for their system not taking the payment out. I have never been late and have 2 vehicles with them. All she wanted to do is put me on a deferment. I wasn't sure what she was trying to do. She kept saying that "you have to do it today or the payment doesn't count". I told her NO that I can't believe anything that they say because they lie. All the things they are lies.

I am beyond disgusted as a legitimate ethical US small business owner here in NC, and what has transpired with Ally Bank in the last 2 1/2 years regarding a camper loan. We had a supposed brand new 2014 Viking camper in April 2014, which within days was brought back to dealership with multiple problems including slider coming open on highway! We demanded a refund of all monies paid and contract voided and loan funds returned to Ally Bank. They refused. When my wife dropped off camper at lot, she was locked in gated property for couple hours, 4 men harassed, manhandled her and berated her to tears to sign some bogus paperwork and wanted her license. She was not signatory on loan, only me, yet they brought her to tears and she froze (has PTSD)...

I hired lawyer next day to go after these people first, do the right thing, refund monies, cancel contract return funds to Ally so my credit is intact. They then refused and got their lawyer involved. After 3 months' time, our lawyer filed formal lawsuit against dealership (Sunrise Camping Center / Hickory, NC) and then some months passed again with delays from their lawyer like previously. All this time, the camper has been with dealership and we had been advised to make monthly payments to protect my creditworthiness for my business and self as a legal process was in play, though we did not want this defective product in any way. We went thru all consumer agencies to no prevail. Just papers passed back and forth of what we already knew. But, we had a RV industry expert get hold of us through ripoffreport.com and found other consumers done badly by this dealership.

Then dealership demanded mediation to not go into a trial, and at that mediation, I only asked for our monthly payments back, downpayment returned, loan funds given back to Ally and we all walk away. Dealership refused and said camper depreciated too much in 12 months so offered us $10,000.00, but they could not sell that camper without having clear Title to it! Meaning we would still have to pay several thousands $$ more back to Ally to pay loan in full to get clear title! That made no sense to hear.

Then trial phase proceeded, and all of sudden, our hard hitting caring lawyer filed to stop representing us. At same time, the darn Gen. Mgr from dealership called us one night professing how his conscience bothered him so much the last year and what they did to my wife the day she returned that camper, that he wanted to help us. He said he quit the dealership after our mediation and that the owners were "The Devil" and have done many bad financial dealings to people locally regarding loans from Ally and other banks (getting multiple loans of same people in fact)... Tried telling our lawyer this, he seemed to minimize events by this time and left us anyway. Some say he was paid off or in fear of his business as a good old boy network exists in Hickory/Newton, NC region all the way to some Judges as we were told from local law enforcement contacts we made.

So we frantically tried finding new lawyer to come in so late in this process and had no luck up to day of trial. We went in front of Judge and asked for continuance to find legal representation, and she told us NO. She even scolded us saying she expected us to act like lawyers, and wanted to go forward with jury trial! This was unreal to hear... Within a couple minutes, every charge, fact, witness, docs we had and filing of our previous lawyer was swept under rug and case closed!!! This was NOT justice!

So, after all this time, August 2016, I contacted Ally's collection department and sent them some docs and told them what happened. Several calls during August from Collection agents inside Ally said none of this was ever documented on Ally's system by the person we kept getting letters back from at Ally when we earlier tried to get them to get funds back from dealership. Ally's own collection department people we spoke to said this was wrong of Ally to do to us and was like financial exploitation. I even wrote to Jeffrey Brown, CEO at Ally and he passed my stuff down to a S. **, Executive Customer relations person who again sent back denial letter and said we still owed all monies to Ally, irregardless of events and that the dealership had vehicle since April 2014...

Now as of last week, we were served with letter from a Raleigh, NC law firm Ally has hired to come after us for funds & penalties as we stopped paying monies 60 days ago, after being sick over doing so for 28 months just to please a legal process that never happened... Nobody pays for something they do not have or use of or get any benefit from and countless letters to Ally in past about this seemed to get passed down to low level people and disregarded. Even the NC Dept of Revenue (who we contacted) is looking into this dealership (and maybe Ally) as there is no taxes being paid on that camper which has been with dealership since April 2014.

Consumer agencies do no good for consumers, as it truly seems ONLY wealthy people with lots of monies get justice today. Dealerships like this get away stealing loan funds from banks and banks don't care and hurt decent consumers without looking at facts involved. Ally should go back to this dealership and demand monies back but they don't. NONE of this should ever happen either to us or any consumer.

I leased a 2013 Cadillac SRX through Ally Bank. The vehicle had been driven by one of the bosses at the Cadillac dealership and had 7,200+ miles when I received it. My lease was for 3 years/12,000 miles a year. I turned the vehicle in with 42,000+ miles, with only 34,000+ miles being actual miles that I put on it. I received mail from Ally indicating that the two rear tires were worn to 2/32nds and the two front tires to 3/32nds and I had to pay for the two rear tires at $195 each.

I spoke to two different subjects, two different times and tried to explain to them that the tires were evenly worn and if they took the 7,200 miles off, that were on the vehicle and tires prior to my lease, there would have been plenty of tread on the tires, by their standards. As you might guess, they had nothing to do with my explanation and still say that I owe them. I can't find a copy of the lease. Does anyone know what the lease states about tire wear? Is their 2/32nds in the lease or does it have other wording?

Paid off our car about two years ago, never really thought twice about it but since we are selling the car now, we realized we never received the title. So my husband calls Ally and they inform him they didn't release the title because we owed $19.90!!! Really??? So in two years not once did they send us a bill or contact us in any way. So four days ago, they said they will fax over documentation stating there is no lien on the car so that it can be sold... imagine this, we are still waiting!

Every excuse in the book, first the fax number was invalid then we got the old "we faxed it last night" excuse! Supposed to be selling car in a couple hours but still no documentation and so we called again, apparently they only fax once a day, at the end of the day, and there's no possible way for them to make an exception or for someone to just walk over to the fax machine and send it!! This bank is so incompetent, we would never recommend them to anyone for anything!

LMAO Ally Financial is such a joke. There was fraud on my account and of course they did nothing to resolve the issue so my bank had to handle it. And when you speak to whomever you can NEVER understand them. Cannot wait to refi so I can get tf away from Ally. 10/10 would NOT recommend. If you go to get a car loan and Ally is your only choice, DO NOT TAKE IT. Terrible.

First let me say, I have owned several cars in my lifetime. Setting up financing was always easy. This time when I went through Autocom in Concord, CA I thought I had learned enough to know what to watch out for and wouldn't fall for shady used car salesmen tactics. I had good credit, but it seemed to take hours and hours to set up financing, despite being pre-approved with my bank at WF. After spending all day at the dealer determined to buy a car (because the cost of a rental car was getting too expensive), I had caught the salesman giving me one set of interest rate, but then handed me another interest rate on a piece of paper by mistake. When I asked about it, I was told that was the dealer’s numbers. Well, I insisted on getting that rate through my bank or I would leave. I got the rate. I signed docs and everything seemed fine.

Accept when I got home and reviewing docs the next day, I notice nowhere on the paperwork is the name of the lender (my bank) whom I was certain my financing was through as Autocom assured me everything went through WF. I inspect the docs in greater detail and I ask where do I send my payment for the following month from the salesperson. He said he didn't know. He then quotes me a higher monthly payment though my paperwork said otherwise. I asked where is the documentation that shows WF is my lender. He couldn't find it. He then agreed to drop my interest rate down a point. I think great. I am emailed a snapshot of the terms, but no details with my name on it and there was nothing to sign. Everything had been signed the day before without a lender specified. Autocom tells me they only know the phone number to the lender and not the name. I find out the lender is Ally Auto.

Fast forward a few months and I am in financial hell. Autocom likes to charge insane amounts of finance charges and late fees when late fees don't even apply. This adds to the monthly by hundreds of dollars, making it impossible to pay off your monthly payment with the multiple false late payments and finance fees. In 11 months, I have paid $1,500 in finance charges. The charges are never consistent, and they are so high that when I do try to pay an extra $200 toward the car for false payments, it doesn't matter. Why? Because when I pay on time and add another $150-$200 on my payment, Ally decides to use nearly the full amount of the extra payment I made to add to the finance charges for the next month, making it impossible to pay off the previous month finance charges and late fees.

My monthly average right now for a 2 year old Jeep Patriot is about $650.00 due to all the extra fees I am paying, but my monthly payment at 7% financing is $350.00 which is far above my budget. When I argue with Ally that the fees are not appropriate because I paid my bill on time, they don't listen. They just add more fees. And struggling to pay these huge fees has now ruined my credit. I can't now turn in this car, because I still need this one to get my child to school and me to work. Thus means I'd have to purchase a car from a hard money lender, just to get rid of Ally as the lender. It's a total mess.

I'm looking into anyone who knows of other shady sales deals done by either Autocom and/or Ally Auto. I would love to file a lawsuit against both for their illegal and unethical business tactics. I'm on the way into Autocom this weekend to find out if there is floating paperwork on Ally with a signature on paperwork I never signed, because there is no way I have an legitimate auto loan through Ally if I never signed off documents with them agreeing to them as my lender when I was trying to use my bank. Nor did the salesmen ever discuss these insane finance charges to me for Ally that I have never incurred before in all my life with other auto dealers. If anyone knows of a great attorney file a class action lawsuit against these crooks, please let me know.

Ally Bank Company Profile