Ally Bank

Formerly GMAC

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Worst banking experience. Ally bank is impossible to get accurate and needed information, the offshore call center staff is completely worthless and the information given by them is either incomplete or just wrong. I will never do business with Ally and I hope others will read this and do the same, this company needs to be put out of business! My daughter bought a car and the dealership got her a loan through Ally. She was making payments and doing fine, but then the bank started charging late fees every month and when she called the support center would say her account was fine and drop the fee.

After 9 months the amount of time dealing with Ally became more difficult, so we refinanced with another bank. Then suddenly Ally reports 3 30+ day late payments on her credit. We have been fighting these for 6 months with no resolution because TransUnion and Equifax only believe the bank. There were never late payments and never three, yet this is what she has to live with on her credit. She is only 20 and Ally has hurt her start to life! A tough lesson for a young adult, but she can't get a loan on her own until this is removed. Ally needs to be stopped.

I spent hours on the 5 different phone calls with Ally Bank, simply trying to open and fund a money market savings account. After applying online, I got a letter in the mail saying they rejected my application since they couldn't verify my identity. No-one asked me by phone or email for more information (like a driver's license copy) which would have allowed me to assist them in verifying my identity. Instead, they rejected it outright. I re-applied 2 more times, each time calling Ally's customer service to make sure I was doing everything possible to verify my identity. Customer service told me different things each time. I finally got someone to call over to Deposit Operations to give me a fax number so I could send more information, but I still got a rejection letter in the mail with the same generic "Couldn't verify applicant's identity" response.

Finally, I call customer service once more and ask for a supervisor. He was very kind and helpful and applied for me in his system, which was immediately approved. He didn't know why mine was rejected so many times. So, I then attempted to transfer funds into my new account, but the transfer fails. The website doesn't say why, so I had to call Ally again (for the 6th and 7th time) to try to find out why. They tell me the information for the other account was incorrect, but I verified the numbers over the phone and they were correct. The customer service agent admitted he didn't know what I should do except to try re-verifying the account and trying again.

By this time, I've already spend a total of 6 hours on this account with nothing to show for it and an impending warning from Ally by email to fund my account soon, or the account would be closed automatically. So with no faith for Ally's ability to actually let me use their services, I called Ally for the last time to close my account. People, please stay away from Ally Bank. I spend way more time than I should have giving them the benefit of the doubt. Use your local credit union instead, and I promise you'll save time, and therefore money.

On 1/19/2017 I returned a 2014 Jeep Cherokee at the end of a 3 yr 30000 mile lease. The odometer had 27006 miles on it. On 1/30/2017 I received a bill for $807.00 for excessive tire wear, $201.75 per tire. The bill demanded immediate payment. No contact information was given. On 2/2/2017, two days later, I received another bill also demanding immediate payment. I phoned them and said the car was only driven by me, never on unpaved roads, or in icy or snowy conditions, and that I'm 63 years old, and the wear on the tires could only be normal or less than normal. I was told that when I signed the lease I agreed to pay these ridiculous charges. I thought Ally Financial was a respectable institution. In my opinion, they are a backroom scam operation. I have an excellent credit rating, always made payments on time, and will never do anything with Ally again.

Cannot contact by email for complaint or customer service. Online pay is not correct fields, cannot pay late charge online or make additional payment. Customer service is terrible, almost impossible to understand. Only way to pay late charge is to call them and be on hold. Will not use this bank again ever!

It's difficult to get anywhere with the personnel. They have told me repeatedly that they will call me back, they never do. I have asked very nicely for a payoff of my vehicle. They say they will call me back in a timeline and don't follow through. Every time I call it's at least 15 minutes, if you raise your voice at all they ask if they can put you on hold and come back 5 minutes later. Funny thing is I am on hold right now and wrote this whole thing in half the time I've been waiting.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ally Bank?

So I ended up with a loan from GM Financial (who is FANTASTIC btw) and then my loan was sold off to Ally. Like other people posting comments, I had engine trouble with my vehicle and had to make the decision between making a monthly payment and fixing the car. I chose to fix the car and then get caught up. HUGE mistake. The calls were non-stop even though I called them ahead of time to let them know what was happening.

After a period of time, I was so frustrated with Ally that I told them to just come get the car. For as much as they call, you would think they would pick it up the next day. No - It took them two months to come get the car and auction it off. Honestly, I was just happy to be rid of them so I waited to see what the balance would be after auction. Total was $11k. Without any notification, the new amount was immediately sent to a law firm who then offered to settle. I agreed to settlement offer (which saved me $). Instead of sending me confirmation of the settlement, I receive a NEW letter from Ally informing me that I owe even more than the original 11k. Complete cluster. I recently received a court document from a NEW Law Firm that wants the full 11k plus interest. Whatever you do... Stay away from Ally.

Having gone through a divorce a couple years back, my credit rating was far from perfect. Initially, Ally Financial gave me a loan with a better rate than I expected. I am 48 years old, have purchased numerous cars and dealt with the "we finance" places, credit unions, and banks. This was a pleasant experience, without issues or drama. The initial set up of my automatic deduction took a little while but no longer than I expected. Once it was done, I have had no problems over the 28 months that I have been with the company and everything has gone smoothly. I recommended this company to my youngest son when he purchased his first new car.

Our new truck was financed thru Ally and was the worst experience I have had with a loan. Our first payment was due on Jan 3, 2017 with a 10 day grace period before it is considered late. One the 4th of Jan Ally started calling my husband’s cell phone and not leaving a message. It was an 800 number so we thought it as a solicitor. After many times they called we called back to ask them to stop calling. It was Ally financial collection dept. wanting to know where their payment was. I explained to them we have a 10 day window and payment was mailed on the 2nd. I told them to never call back again. I called another financial co and got approved for a loan at a lower interest rate. No one should ever use this company. They are horrible.

Let me start by saying my car payment is $145 for my car because I put a lot of money down. Like so many people, I have suffered an income loss due to the economy. I called Ally and let them know that my car payment would be three days late because of my financial situation. The due date was the 10th and I paid them on the 13th. Needless to say, on the 11th my home phone blew up! I had countless calls from them. One after the other, after the other.

I have an outstanding balance on the loan of 4k and have never been late! Let me reiterate, the payment is $145 with an outstanding balance owed of 3k. I do not have a $500 month payment with an outstanding balance of 30,000. I am beyond disgusted and I will never use them again. EVER! I was also charged a late fee which I paid so the Ally Mafia will leave me alone. You would think they would call people that are 3 or more payments behind with large balances owed. I am so glad I called them and let them know I would be late.

Extension was asked for on December 19. I got it and mailed it back in with my check. I was told that you have 10 days. They cash the check and never accepted the extension so they call and they want more money and sign another extension. How stupid do I look? Don't let Ally screw you. Screw them.

The dealer chose this stupid bank for me. I looked at my statement and am wondering why my interest payments never seem to go down. I contacted them and I get some idiot in the Philippines - are you kidding? I googled to get a USA number and it is not published. I filed a complaint with the banking commission and never heard back. I called the Findlay Chevrolet dealership and told them what was going on and never heard back. I am pissed. Now I am making copies and sending it to my local politician - oh wait - it's Democrat here in Vegas - UGH!!!

Every month Ally is stealing my money. My principal doesn't seem to be going down and it's because they are charging me interest on the full loan amount!!! OMG!!! Nobody cares that this bank is ripping off American consumers and employing customer reps overseas that can barely speak English!!! WTF!!! I am going to fight this all the way and get all my money back! Stay away from ALLY!

I have tried to reach these people about fixing my credit after ruining it. All you get is people who you can’t understand and have no clue how to help you! My car was traded in and paid off and they have yet to have the bad mark they put on my credit fixed! Never again!!!

I have lost my business, so I got behind on 2 payments on my auto loan. I have been threatened by customer service for weeks by phone. This continues even after speaking to them umpteen times in a 2 week span. My truck payments had been made on time for 4 1/2 years. Today 1/6/17 I received another customer service person with a bad attitude. He stated my double payment was returned. He said it was my or my bank’s fault. This took them 5 days to get this info to me. Now I'm over the accrued time and it's going to repossession. I personally went to the bank and the person did some research to find they never tried to get the payment. I call back and let him know this and he said it's still my bank’s fault. If you are getting a car loan through this godforsaken company, don't do it. THERE ARE THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF COMPLAINTS ABOUT ALLY. WHY ISN'T SOMETHING BEING DONE ABOUT THIS ONLINE ONLY BANK?

Horrible, horrible, horrible. 12/15 – I contacted Ally regarding extend one month’s payment, which the rep approved. I paid $126+ in order to extend the payment. 12/21 – Regular monthly payment was withdrawn from my account in addition to my paying the $126+ to extend said payment. 12/22 – I called and spoke with a rep, then assistant supervisor, who told me it was Ally’s error, but that it would take almost one month to refund. I said that was unacceptable since it was Ally’s error. I was told it would take 24 – 48 hours for a scheduled call with a supervisor. I asked him to schedule and to call me back the next day with any additional information.

12/23 – The assistant supervisor called me and told me he was going to try to push the refund through quicker, but did not schedule a call with a supervisor as requested. He said he would at that point. I still have never received a call from the supervisor. 12/30– I called again and spoke with an assistant supervisor who said she would try to get this pushed through quicker, would call me back, AND schedule a call with a supervisor. No response at all.

1/5 - Posted on Social Media my frustrations, and received a public response to contact them at autorep@ally.com. Provided my information and the summary of events. NO RESPONSE AGAIN. Out of my 750+ friends on Facebook, THREE indicated that a similar thing happened to them by Ally, then I check on Yelp and ConsumerAffairs. It appears they do this all the time. DO. NOT. USE.

This is the most pathetic excuse of a bank. The motor blew on our vehicle, called on November 9, 2016, asking about refinancing the vehicle to afford the engine replacement, not an option. NO LOAN MODIFICATIONS WHATSOEVER. Asked about a personal loan, considering this was our second car with Ally, again, not an option. I told them "come get the car, I cannot afford the car payments and repairs." Was told he could extend the note, he would send me a letter that I sign and send back with the payment. Never got this letter. Called in about it on December 9, and was told I am now past due. After an hour of explaining everything over and over, finally got to talk to a manager. She said she would honor the original extension. They collected the payment of course, and told me the letter would be here in 10 days. It took 12.

Of course the entire time, receiving 3-4 collection calls every day minus Sunday. Signed it and tried to fax it back, the fax number on the letter is answered by a recording. Called for another fax number, had to spend an hour explaining the notes on the account, and was told to use the secure msg option on the website. Finally got it set up, and then the website was down. I called again, and another hour explaining the situation over and over again, was told mail it with the last part of the extension payment. Still getting the collection calls daily. Was told the entire time this account is not considered late, but guess what's on my credit report. Correct, 60 days past due.

This "bank" is 100% outsourced and you have to constantly repeat yourself because they flat out don't listen. Their guarantees are lies. You pay the penalty when they fail, and to boot, late fees all over the account. Deciding on voluntary repo as I type this. On a lighter side, Liberty Mutual fixed my bill and was more than helpful.

Whenever I contact Ally I always receive a foreign person who does not speak English well. I can't understand what they are saying and they cannot understand either. The customer service is awful. They have no sympathy for you or any situation you are in, nor do they care about what you're saying. I have been disconnected on not only by reps but also by supervisors. I have called this company over 150 times and I've only been financing through them for a year and 2 months. I have used extensions, papers have been lost in the mail, papers never received and faxed 20 times before they get it, didn't receive my extension agreement for 2 months after I placed call. Waited 2 weeks for a supervisor to call back and they are just horrible company to finance through. Told me just they recommend me pay it by a certain day when I had a hardship and they swore they understood. They are full of CRAP.

PLEASE READ!!! RUN!! DO NOT ACCEPT A LOAN FROM THIS COMPANY!!! I have never received customer service this horrific in my life. FIRST all the people who work for this cheap, pathetic company live in the Philippines, so they have all your personal information including social security number sitting in the Philippines where credit fraud is at a all time high. Nobody speaks English fluently. It took me four hours to change an address on my account due to nobody understanding how to spell my street name. If you ask to speak to someone who is fluent in English they will just hang up the phone. Because they are not in the United States they could care a less about assisting anyone that lives here. To resolve a customer service issue they laugh and hang up the phone. You call back to back and cannot get to a customer service agent/manager no matter what you do.

I ended up calling the bank directly and spoke to a woman in the United States who said she understands my frustration, she gets this call all day long, but could not help because she is not in that department. This is the most horrific experience I have ever had with a company. I do not have the time of day to worry about reviews, but honestly this is almost like being in the twilight zone when you are talking these people. Is hard to believe they are not monitored and can just hang up on you ten times in a row just because they cannot understand English properly. The owner of the bank should be ashamed of themselves. Using cheap labor and not caring about the service they are providing. Do not consider this bank. Avoid at all costs. When given this offer at the dealership decline it. There are other BANKS THAT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS. THIS PLACE IS A DISGRACE.

Ally has been THE WORST experience EVER for me and my husband in having to deal with their customer service. The REPS are always in the Philippines. (Can't speak to ONE person statewide!!) We could never speak to the SAME REP, always having to go over everything 3-5 times... Passed around from one to the other. It gets VERY frustrating, especially when we needed HELP! We even had one rep swear that the number he gave us would always just reach HIM. LIAR. Had been promised an extension due to lost job, etc., they said they would send the paperwork, they sent the WRONG papers to sign! Then failed to tell us that! It never happened!! We tried again for an extension and they never sent us the papers, couldn't reach the REP (SEAN) who swore he gave us HIS direct number, to ask where the papers were! When times are tough, don't count on any help from ALLY. The reps give lousy service and DO NOT CARE.

They just towed my truck away... We only had approx. 11 more payments. All we needed was some reliable, down home, human touch, customer service. Statewide!!! ALLY- as a company you should think more towards buyers having contact with ONE person as a Representative to handle anything that happens with that ONE account. Not some random (always) rep from overseas. DO NOT DEAL WITH ALLY - look elsewhere for financing. No human, statewide, service.

Ally Bank is one of the worst banks that I've ever seen. They're very condescending to their customers. We have auto loan with them and they having it in collections for a $390 late but we called them to tell them that we can pay the $390+ current. The phone said that needed $890. We told them that once we get paid around Jan 3 that we can pay it. They refused it, they want the $390 now. ** Ally Bank. That's not customer service. If you don't want to work with customers, you will lose customers. They want to repo the vehicle over about $890 which we told them that we will pay next month.

When asked if I could finish off my loan using my PNC credit card (I was hoping I could accumulate points) I was told there would be a $7.50 fee to do this but that it would be refunded, which it was. WHAT THEY FAILED TO TELL ME IS THAT THEY WERE USING 'WESTERN UNION' TO GET THE MONEY AND THEREFORE I WAS CHARGED $49.01 TO "BORROW" MONEY. What a rip off! I was told that legally Ally and/or Western Union did not have to tell me they were doing this, therefore I believe they did not have the BALLS to do it themselves. Never again!!! They are not a reputable banking institution. The phone # they gave me on the invoice to call was not legit; I had to go to their website to finally reach someone.

I have never wanted so badly to take the time to write a review for a company as much as now, in my 27 years. My car was repossessed, I called and was quoted an amount and a date in return I would be able to retrieve my car. I have paid on time straight for 3 years until I lost my job. I called on the date I was told prepared to pay amount I was quoted. However, each representative I talk to gave a completely different amount, and the car was sent over to the auction before it should have been. I spoke with a man name Wale, who told me, "I don't know why" and did NOTHING to resolve the issue but rely on his script saying "sorry". The most frustrating part of my whole experience, which is the most important of the customer service role was no one would listen, CONSTANTLY, and I am stressing it, constantly TALKING OVER ME. I HAD TO MAKE SURE MY PHONE WASN'T ON MUTE!!!

I request for consumer escalations, I was asked "And why do you need to speak with them"?... with them? It shouldn't have been a question why I needed to speak with the escalations team, if the representative was listening. Therefore, I was told "No". After a day of "I'm sorry this is how much is due ma'am" and being transferred, I was BEYOND FRUSTRATED. The next day I gathering more money, the amount I was quoted. I called no one could find my account, eventually after three calls someone found my account. Then again I was quoted ANOTHER AMOUNT!! This was the absolute worst company I have ever dealt with in my life to the point I wanted to do some damage!! I DON'T EVEN WANT TO GIVE A 1 STAR, ONLY BECAUSE "IT'S REQUIRED".

Our family has been suffering through a terrible time in the past few months. My husband passed away unexpectedly last September after having officially retired five months previously, social security cut off all income due to his death and I immediately had to move in with our daughter. Our daughter lost her job the end of July & didn't find another one until early September. She attempted to pay all of her household bills and car payments while she was out of a job. She was late in paying her car payments in August & September but she made them. She could not make the monthly car payment in October.

She spoke to a person in the Billing Department at Ally who told her to put in a "Deferment of Payment" document which Ally would send to her, requiring her signature, that would add an additional month's payment at the end of the total bill. My daughter signed this document (Which she received a MONTH after the phone call) and sent it back to Ally. A couple of weeks later Ally called my daughter and claimed they did not receive the "Deferment of Payment" document my daughter had sent, so they sent another document and further requested a "good faith" payment of $125.00 which my daughter paid, signed the document and sent it back again. They stated they received this document.

Then the harassing phone calls began. Ally Billing Department called my daughter at least 3 to 4 times a day requesting the payment for October. Every time my daughter patiently explained to the caller about the "Deferment Agreement" she had signed & sent back to Ally and after checking my daughter's history, they would agree. It's all on file. And still they would insist that my daughter pay October's bill as if there was never a "Deferment Agreement" in place. They have called her at midnight or shortly after on at least two occasions.

Around Thanksgiving, my daughter spoke to another representative from Ally Billing Dept and she told my daughter she would resolve the situation and would stop the harassing phone calls... That lasted about two weeks. Today the call came in again from Ally Billing Department with another person wanting payment for October. Is there a "Deferment Agreement" in place with this company or NOT? My daughter had been making timely payments on this car to this company for three years before this happened.

My mother is 78 and I cosigned to get her a car. It is financed through Ally and she got behind on 2 payments so I had payments preauthorized to be paid. I called to make the payment by phone and they wouldn't accept. Took me 5 days to find out account was locked and I had to try to get unlocked. Was given several different numbers but no one would call back etc. By the end of 7 days they repoed the car and cost me additional charges.

On the 9th day I finally was able to contact someone who said I had to make a same day payment and I said that would have been nice for someone to tell me the day I called to make payment but no one could tell me so I made the payment. Come to find out her car was already cleaned out and transported to auction for sale.

Had to go to 2 different places to get plates back and then go to auction to retrieve car then came to find out week after got it back. Got certified letter from them stating had to go to notary to get plates put back in our names which cost me additional 180.00 atop of the 2500.00 paid to start with situation. Could have all been avoided if they would have just took payment on due date when I called instead cost me all this money and almost my mother a heart attack. I filed a complaint at attorney general because of this. Atop of this my son has a car financed through them and was stolen and they won't help locate until it's in repoed mode. Go figure. Then they're wanting him to pay for on top. What a crock.

I have had continuous trouble with Ally financial since the very beginning of my loan. Ally has failed to apply payments to my account. I would have to provide them proof that I had made the payment. Once I provided proof they would find the payment but in the time it took for me to prove that I had made the payment and for them to find the payment, they would charge me a late fee. I have requested a payment history countless times, they always say they will send one. In 5 years I have yet to see a single one. I file an objection, they conduct the investigation on themselves, of course they are going to find no harm on themselves. What a joke.

In addition, if you want to see a credit report ruined overnight whether it is justified or not, just disagree with their dishonest accounting methods or complain about how badly they are robbing you. They don't seem to let the truth get in the way of them making all of the money they possibly can. Ally financial makes Wells Fargo look like honest and charitable. I now completely believe that there is no longer justice, honestly, integrity or truth in the banking industry. Stealing is supposed to be illegal for everyone, yet Ally is allowed to continue these confiscatory practices.

And to add insult to injury, having spoken to Ally hundreds of times, I have only spoken to three or four people that had a basic understanding of English. I find it very discouraging that after the thousands of bad reviews I have seen written about Ally, that not only is Ally allowed to remain in business but also that the upper management of Ally is not in prison.

Complaint filed with CFPB on 11/10/16. They were given 60 days to respond: On April 11th 2016 my vehicle was in a total loss accident. I called Ally Financial on April 15th to notify them that my insurance company had deemed the car a total loss. Unsure how the process worked and relying on Ally to guide me through the process. I was told there was a total loss department and asking to speak with them the agent told me she could not provide me with that number. Soon after I started getting calls from Ally to my work number calling 6 times in a row to collect payment. I then kept telling them the car was in an accident, that I have insurance and gap coverage on the car. Ally reported me late to the credit bureaus in May for 30 days and in June for 60 days.

I was told by my insurance company on several occasions throughout this process they were waiting on Ally to send them a letter of guarantee. Here I am helpless with Ally while they have me in collection and reporting me late and the insurance company cannot get a document from them. This is one of many examples of how my experience was working with Ally. I filed a BBB complaint in June. On July 27 I received a letter from Cynthia ** in Executive Customer Relations. saying that have determined their reporting to be accurate, but as a courtesy they will escalate the concern and would follow up within 1-2 weeks. I never heard anything back. I have left several messages for Cynthia ** with not one returned phone call. I receive a letter from Ally stating I owe them $1,239.05 which is $500 for the deductible; $579.71 (my auto payment) they want paid by 11/30/2016 and the rest is late fees.

After receiving this letter I call in to Ally on 11/8 to see if I can reach Miss **. I was transferred finally to Steven in the so called "Executive Customer Relations Department" after waiting on hold for 35 minutes. I explained to him the situation. He even "agreed" that Ally should have handled this differently when I made the initial call to them on April 15th. He even suggested waiving all fees other than the $500.00 deductible but would have to be sent off for approval (at this point I finally feel like I have gotten somewhere with them). He gave me a reference number #**. I asked if he had a call back number and was advised he could not provide me with one.

I got a call today 11/10 from a Mr. Ronald ** at Ally saying that he received MY request for a credit and Ally would not be waiving any charges and a request had been ONCE AGAIN submitted for review of my credit and should hear something in the next few weeks. I asked him where my response was from Miss **'s request in July since I never got one. He could not answer that. I explained this was offered by Steven. He then advised I would need to refer back to the "Executive Customer Relations Department" by writing them. I am appalled at the professionalism of this company. I have been continuously passed off. All I asked from them was their help and not even could I get that.

My account was in good standing with them up until this accident. My account with my new auto loan is in good standing. I am willing to provide any additional documents or information you need to assist with this complaint. Thank you for your time. 12/10/2016: I received a letter stating that they will be reporting me LATE again. WHY DOES THIS COMPANY REFUSE TO RESOLVE THIS MATTER?

If you can choose another company to do business within the United States, that actually understands and comprehends what you are trying to say, I'd go with anyone else. Even if it's more expensive. Every single time over 3 years I have had my car, when speaking to them I have had issues. I will make payment arrangements and been told to specifically call one person back. Then after making the payment I will go to call that person back and the next person has no idea what I was talking about. This is happened more times than I can count. Today I was on the phone with them explaining that I already made my car payment but it is from a credit union so it takes a couple days to post. I had to explain to this lady what a credit union was. Then she still did not understand what I was trying to say. And kept telling me that a credit union is not a payment option.

When I asked to talk to someone in the United States who would understand what I'm trying to say I was connected with someone else who is just pretending to be from the United States supposedly named Sally who again was not understanding anything and was clearly not from the United States. Then again because I've been told when you asked to talk to someone from here they have to connect to you they again did not and of the third person again was not understanding what I was trying to say so I just hung up the phone. It is literally always a problem. Their customer service is terrible. I can't even count how many times they have messed up my account information and I have been on the phone for hours. Talking to person after person to clear it all up.

I am just one of thousands who leased a GM car from this bank. When I decided not to keep the car after my three year contract was up, they told me to turn it into the dealer. Then they inspected it and they said it had two scratches and tried to bill me $400 for the scratches. They had pictures, but so did I and mine did not show the scratches. I have leased cars before from other companies going through other banks and I have never had someone charge for anything after my three year lease. To top it off, when I went back to the dealer I found the car was sold. Fortunately GMAC paid Ally for the "claimed" damages, but I will never deal with this bank or buy a GM car again.

I hadn't used my online profile in almost a year since we send checks for the car payment. I logged on one day and the account was gone. I sent an email and they responded two days later (on Sunday) telling me I needed to call. I call and the woman tells me I never set up an online account which I did because how else had I made payments before. She said she will transfer me to tech support and instead I got consumer complaints. She was no help and when I asked to be transferred to tech support she refused then told me she would pass the message along. They never do what they say they will do. If I could give the company zero stars I would.

Most of the customer service reps have really strong accents. It's very hard to understand them and when you ask them to repeat what was said they get really irritated. I have been rushed off the phone so many times. They don't like to explain what's going on and are just overall rude.

I wish I'd read the reviews ahead of time. In October I requested an extension on my car payment. I was advised I could add two payments to the end of the loan by making a small initial payment. After two months and the required documents being lost and resent twice I found a late payment mark on my credit! I'm beyond furious because everyone I spoke to previously said they were turning it over to their "supervisor". Now I'm stuck paying the price. My payment history had been 100% on time previously. They said they would fix it but I have little confidence. I am refinancing as soon as I possibly can!

Ally Bank Company Profile