2.23/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Formerly GMAC

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Ally Bank Reviews

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I would recommend Ally Bank to anyone. The customer service is commendable as is the interest paid on accounts. This online bank also offers competitive rates on home loans and provide exceptional assistance every step of the way. I have never experienced difficulty meeting requirements needed to complete the process. The feeling of being treated like a person instead of just a number adds to my being committed to the outstanding service Ally provides in every aspect of involvement experienced by me as a client. Rest assured that you to could expect an identical association throughout once connected with a professional representative of this established online programs available to the public. OUTSTANDING COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE. Thanks for the opportunity to express my pleasure.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

In 2012 I opened an auto loan with Ally. Just recently paid it off on July 12, 2019. I'd read a lot of bad reviews about this company but not once did I have a bad experience in 6 years. Always made my payments on time with no complaints of late fees. From the time I paid the vehicle off it took 3 weeks to receive the title with a cancelled lien. Today is August 2, 2019, not a bad wait. Ally did OK by me. Bottom line, I would go with them again.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Prior to changing over 100% to Ally Bank (online) was with US Bank who had horrid service, no interest to sneeze at, website didn't work 24/7-couldn't talk to anyone unless 9-5 M-F. Since with ALLY, am extremely happy with their Banking and even re-fied my Home thru them. AWESOME! Interest checking .10, Savings was at 2.18, down this mo. to 2.08 constant interest. Banking online is the only way to go. IF I need Cash, go to grocery store get cash back, can go to any ATM, Ally will pay $10 if you use any other than theirs monthly. Checks, can scan and instant front/back in bank and usable next day. My Checking/Savings accts all get interest. Chat online for instant answers about anything. OR call Toll Free No. same thing. 24/7. Can't lose - it's a def. WIN WIN!

Original review: July 28, 2019

Well first of all I've had a hard time getting financed. For the fact that they were able to finance my vehicle made a huge difference to me. Anytime I've had a question or an issue about anything whatsoever all I had to do was to Simply pick up the telephone and place a phone call to the customer service line where an actual human being and not a robot directed me exactly what to do and what steps I should take to solve the issue that I would be having at that particular Moment In Time. That says a lot to me.

Customer service is starting to slowly become a thing of the past and when I can call a number and speak to an actual human being and one that can speak English well nonetheless makes a world of difference to me and puts me in a better mood. There was a time not very long ago that I was not able to make my car payment on time and instead of giving me a hassle about it or charging me any type of the late fee May simply extended my due date. As a single mother who works two jobs that is very helpful to me because sometimes we need that extra extensions to push through. I would definitely recommend this Bank even though I am paying 18% interest rate. I would rather pay high interest rate on a car than to not have one at all. It is a 2013 GMC Terrain black on black and I absolutely love it and I believe that it is worth every penny that I pay in the payment as well as the interest.

Original review: May 12, 2019

The initial process was 100% until it went to the loan section. The person working on this screwed everything up. Didn't know how to handle trust documents/ never had before. Cost me $45 in FedEx overnight - wouldn't refund. Was told I would get copy of Deed of Trust after it recorded DIDN'T! Had to call the title co. and have them send me copy. 1 month after it all was paid and closed. Should have been done as soon as I paid the final closing cost. Then tried to cover his **, afterwards by telling false statements about what really happened. Because of his negligence and improper training left bad feelings.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ally Bank?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I have a savings account. I needed money to pay a bill. It said I would have it by Wed. A week later it's Saturday and I haven't seen it. I go to the app and it says bank not available. I think this bank is a scam.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I just bought a new truck from a dealership and they ran it through Ally Financial. I had to register my checking account with them on-line to make my payment without being charged a fee of $3.45 So I did. Only to discover this month I was double charged for my truck payment after making it on Nov 8th. They debited my account again on Nov 13th saying it was set up on auto-pay. I have never used auto pay in 50 yrs of being on this earth!!! They had no reply for why they took the second payment after receiving the first one Nov 8th, other than "it was auto pay!" Worse yet it wasn't applied to my principal. It was added as a credit for future payment! CROOKED!!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I unfortunately accepted a car loan at the dealership with Ally financial and this is absolutely the worst company I have dealt with in 25 years of car loans. In 3 months I've paid extra every time. When you pay extra it's supposed to go towards the principal (Total amount owed) and not saved as a credit for future payments. However after paying close to $2,000 in 3 months and seeing my principal only decrease $900, but my paycheck saying that I owe $0 for at least 2 months coming up I quickly figured out their scam. Crediting the extra money towards future payments allows them to charge a interest rate on a principal balance higher than it should be. Whereas if they applied my overpayment towards the principal balance it would decrease it and they wouldn't get as much money from a interest rate on a lower balance.

I called their customer service who tried to speak to me like I was a novice and then I spoke to a supervisor who again tried speaking to me in the same manner until I explained my history with car loans, home loans, credit cards as well as the fact that I had experience previously working in the financial industry, before switching to law. I then requested the payoff amount, because I will be having another lender take over my loan. I would never recommend the crooks at ally financial. If you are looking for a reputable lender who will treat you right go through chase. I've never had a problem with chase and that's who I'll be having take over my loan.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

This company is horrible. Trash would be an understatement. They allocated my payments to wrong thing and showed as late payment. How can you have a late payment with auto pay? No one at the company speak proper English or understands when I explain an issue! I’ve been getting the runaround with no solution to my problem. But yet they send me a text about a late payment.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I have had an auto loan with Ally for 3 years. I had heard horrible things about them but never had a bad experience until now. In August I had to split up my payment. I ended up paying the second half 8 days after my payment was due and was charged a late fee. When I paid the remaining balance, it included the $7.88 late charge. The page stated I was being charged the additional fee. When I looked at my statement this month, preparing to pay my monthly loan payment, it stated that I owed a late fee of $7.88.

I contacted customer service and was told that yes, I paid the late fee in August, but I did not call them and tell them to allocate the extra money to the late fee, even though the payment page showed that I was being charged the late fee in my payment. They further agreed with me that nowhere on their page does it state that one has to call in to have the late fee that you are being charged with, allocated towards that late fee. I was told that I should have known that I needed to call to do this, even when the payment screen shows me paying the late fee. I am currently in the process of finding another company to refinance my loan with. I will not be dealing with this company ever again.

Ally Bank Company Information