Formerly GMAC

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.11/5

Ally Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ally Bank?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ally Bank?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

Very customer oriented. Excellent services. Quality product; operationally superior... Best on-line Bank ever. Easy of use stands out... Great menus.. Easy to find what you seek... Good access to prior statements online.

Original review: March 13, 2020

Re-financed in 2018 with Ally Bank. The process online and phone was great with all personnel with the application for loan. They paid off Bank of America and their other loan company immediately within 20 days. The process then went to Ally's Loan processing in Colorado, other than the NEW person handling the loan, didn't know how to process a Trust, everything was PERFECT! The new person, had to give the Trust I faxed to them, don't have text ability and told them that several times, his supervisor took the trust and in 1 day it was processed. Once thru the Loan Process, they ordered Appraisal on home here in Calif. Man and his son came and did thorough investigation. Home appraised at much more than thought it would. Funded. All done in 30 days.

My NEW LOAN is with Ally: their financial institute that takes the payments is SLS out of Colorado. Superb company I have dealt with before. I pay under $900 mo. for 15 yr loan. and can call and raise how much more I want to pay on principal anytime. SLS is a great company. Thanks to ALLY I got rid of B of A and their horrid company they sold the loan to no notice to me, was in BK! -

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

Have been a customer using their banking products for 7 years. I never overdraft or pay silly fees. Had to use them for a wire transfer to pay off a loan. They called me to confirm my form details and made some corrections to ensure it would be accepted by my lender. It went through without an issue. Simple customer service interactions like this are always quick and completed by well-trained, polite folks. They used to have more competitive rates for savings, but it's been beat by others like Citi as of late. That's the only reason for 4 stars instead of the full 5.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I’ve been an Ally customer for over two years and I love it. I use it only for a savings account and regulate send money to my checking account at another bank and vice versa. What I really love is while it would cost money to transfer money from my other bank to ally, if I initiate the transaction from ally, it’s free. Also the interest rates are super high!! Of course that varies so it’s always changing but it’s still way higher than most other banks. Also, anytime I’ve called I’ve immediately spoken to someone and they were super helpful. I love ally and would use them anytime. I highly suggest it for a savings account.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I have had Ally for many years without disappointment. The interest rates, customer service, and products are phenomenal. I can call any time of day and receive a knowledgeable staff member who is willing to help me within minutes.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

I was approved for loan deferment and was told autopay would be shut off and that I would need to turn it back on once the deferment was completed. Unfortunately Ally did not turn off auto pay like they said, and after I made my partial payment, auto pay took out the full payment. Now my checking account is overdrawn and Ally says it will take 7 to 10 days to refund. For a person who lives payday to payday without cash on hand having an additional $801.05 taken from my checking account makes the next 7 to 10 days a hardship. Ally will not simply refund the money for 7 to 10 days, even though it's their mistake. How am I supposed to survive without money? Ally said to call my bank. My bank said I have to file a fraud charge.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

Vehicle loan was paid off and Ally financial kept taking payments out of my bank account. After talking to 3 different ladies and all 3 sounding like a broken record stating we have no money...! So now I'm out $389. They didn't even listen to what I was saying and the last person hung up me as I stated this issue is crap and I have bank records showing they did take the money... Do not trust this bank. They are thieves.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

The company I was with sold my loan to Ally. I pay 4. X the payment and still end being charged close to 200.00 a month in interest. When my loan was transferred my banking information was not transferred so a payment was late before I was contacted. This was originally an interest free loan. Because of this I am now paying 29.9% interest. I have a 782 credit score! Loan sharks!!! Stay away. BEWARE.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

Ally Financial have no problem lying, they are unprofessional, they are aggressive towards customers, one time threatened me. Joined a covid19 relief program just to be scammed by them. They hate evidence as I have recorded calls with their own words reassuring me. I'm not surprised if more customers take legal action this year.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

First off, if I could give a zero rating, I would have. I decided to use Ally Home Loans because I do online banking with Ally.com. I was initially approved for the loan by agreeing to pay off a couple of credit cards and an auto loan. I use credit cards to make purchases and then pay off the balance each month so I had no problem agreeing to pay them off. After paying off the two credit cards and the auto loan, I uploaded all documentation to prove that these items were paid. That was not good enough for Ally Home Loans. They asked me throughout the loan process to constantly supply this information, even though it had been supplied to them weeks earlier.

Secondly, the appraisal for the property came in lower than what I was paying for the property. I spoke with a supervisor and submitted documentation as to why I thought the appraisal was incorrect. I supplied various comps to show a higher value, and even pointed out discrepancies that I found throughout the appraisal. She agreed to speak to the Appraiser and get back to me. Well, that never happened! I emailed and called numerous times and never got a call back. I eventually contacted a supervisor. I was at first given the wrong email address (wasn't that convenient). He did respond to my emails but eventually stopped. Every time I would speak to someone, they said they would call me back and never did. The loan finally closed. Beware of this company unless you want to be aggravated and annoyed until you close on your property.

Ally Bank Company Information