2. Finance

Formerly GMAC

3.6/5 (718 ratings)

About Ally Bank

Ally Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ally Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ally Bank?

Original review: June 6, 2021

I am having a very positive experience with Ally Bank. Their customer service is very good, and the Web interface is easy to understand and fast. Interest rates are much better than brick and mortar banks. They have plenty of ATM locations. Ally Bank is perfect for anyone who doesn't require a physical bank to satisfy their banking needs. I highly recommend Ally Bank.

Original review: June 5, 2021

I use Ally Bank and the only bad thing I can honestly say is the daily limits on what I can send aren't enough. If I have a $2000 transaction or transfer to make, I have to do it over a several day period. It's a great online bank that does everything my corner bank does and I don't need to leave to send money, make deposits, or purchase anything online.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 31, 2021

Been with Ally for 13 years now and they always seem to have my back. Some transfer speeds needed upgrading and a bit frustrating but I think they are working on this. Good customer service and fast response times as well. Best online banking to date. I highly recommend ALLY Bank to most. Minimal fees if any as well.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

Last April I walked into local Kia dealership and my credit score wasn't that great and Ally did approved me for no money down. And I was able to drive off the lot within a hour and much better than experience I had with Credit Acceptance 24 years ago. And Ally interest rates are much lower and I have it set up for automatic payments on due date through my bank account. And I make sure that I have more money in my bank account before the due date and haven't missed a payment. And Ally keeps reporting to the Credit Bureau as on time payments. So I recommend that call new and used car lots and ask if they do business with Ally before you do credit applications.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

Buying my first car was a big deal so I researched for months, both for my car itself and for the best loan offer. My credit was not the greatest (fair) so I did the best I could to clean it up in order to qualify for a loan. I learned that buying a car at the end of a quarter, or even better at the end of the year was the best way to get great deals so that's what I did.

I decided to get pre-qualified for a loan so I took the plunge into the 'no turning back' zone that puts the credit scare into all of us and allowed loan companies to start clicking into my credit for a loan. Several companies wanted my business and the loan amounts offered to me were all within the range I was looking for. The difference was that only one company, Ally, was willing to give me the best interest rate with my 'fair' credit score, and in fact, they also allowed me 3 months deferred payments on my first month. I easily set up direct deposit and voila' I am in my new car and my payment is $20 lower per month than I was planning on spending. And, I also wanted to say that I bought my car through Carmax and am really happy with both Ally and Carmax. I would recommend them both to anyone looking to buy a car, and being the end of the year you will get your best deal yet!

Original review: July 18, 2021

Ally financed my Auto Loan in 2016. When Covid lockdowns occurred in March 2020 and continued thru June 15th here in California I was bombarded with phone call after phone call regarding payment. There was nothing I could do to stay current but never fell more than 2 payments behind. Impressive considering no income. They offered deferred payment plans placing the payment on the loans backend. Not my best option but only option since the car was almost paid off. My car is my livelihood and didn’t want it reposed.

I answered the calls, spoke to so many service reps! I was a good consumer that found them very misleading and dishonest. They never truly moved those payments to the backend as promised, How do I know? Fast forward to now July 2021. My business is re opened and I decided to check my credit score to possibly relocate and it’s ruined ruined ruined by Ally Financial showing red late payments for almost the last year. The same period during the mandatory government lockdown. I’m going to fight for us little guys, and pursue a possible lawsuit! How can I be responsible for something the government decided? Ally Financial was extremely dishonest because they told me on several occasions as long as I was working with them there would be no negative credit rating. That is not true. My credit worthiness is gone! My only option is to sell my car and stop the hemorrhage.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I have been trying to get a lien release letter for 2 months on a car that was paid off in 2017! I have been bounced from department to department with no one who can help me get it resolved. Will never do business with them again!

Original review: July 16, 2021

I am an attorney with 30 years experience in real estate. I had never been involved with an online bank until last year. My interactions with them lead me to believe that their business model operates on the same principles as a fast food, but for mortgage lending. Absolutely no ability to deal with issues outside of a pre-fab model. Right hand does not know what left hand is doing leading to repetitive requests. No interest in client relationships just volume. Little substantive knowledge of basic real estate issues. No bilingual staff or ability to assess banking documents from institutions who operate in Spanish. For an online bank petty clunky software. I am severing my relationship with them and going back to Chase. Do not recommend to any Latino consumer.

Original review: July 15, 2021

My vehicle should have been paid off on 6/7/21 when the dealership sent in the check for the payoff of my car. The payment was applied on 6/8 and then was reversed on 6/17. I have tried to call every day to get it resolved since 6/8 and I can't get it fixed. Now my loan is showing late as of 6/15 and will mess up my credit. I have asked this entire time to speak with a supervisor and have yet to get one to call me back as of 7/15/21. This company is a joke and I cannot believe they can get away with treating people like this. They are messing up my credit that I worked so hard to build.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Ally invested in a company that dealt with paychecks and then distributing them, and when the company went bankrupt they accepted money out of those paychecks. This money did not belong to the company, the company had other's money moving through it. They took this money as part of the settlement of the remaining money when those who actually made the money got nothing. This is not acceptable to me, it needs to be addressed. I will not allow this to go quietly into the night.

Ally Bank Company Information