Ally Bank

Formerly GMAC

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am just one of thousands who leased a GM car from this bank. When I decided not to keep the car after my three year contract was up, they told me to turn it into the dealer. Then they inspected it and they said it had two scratches and tried to bill me $400 for the scratches. They had pictures, but so did I and mine did not show the scratches. I have leased cars before from other companies going through other banks and I have never had someone charge for anything after my three year lease. To top it off, when I went back to the dealer I found the car was sold. Fortunately GMAC paid Ally for the "claimed" damages, but I will never deal with this bank or buy a GM car again.

I hadn't used my online profile in almost a year since we send checks for the car payment. I logged on one day and the account was gone. I sent an email and they responded two days later (on Sunday) telling me I needed to call. I call and the woman tells me I never set up an online account which I did because how else had I made payments before. She said she will transfer me to tech support and instead I got consumer complaints. She was no help and when I asked to be transferred to tech support she refused then told me she would pass the message along. They never do what they say they will do. If I could give the company zero stars I would.

Most of the customer service reps have really strong accents. It's very hard to understand them and when you ask them to repeat what was said they get really irritated. I have been rushed off the phone so many times. They don't like to explain what's going on and are just overall rude.

I wish I'd read the reviews ahead of time. In October I requested an extension on my car payment. I was advised I could add two payments to the end of the loan by making a small initial payment. After two months and the required documents being lost and resent twice I found a late payment mark on my credit! I'm beyond furious because everyone I spoke to previously said they were turning it over to their "supervisor". Now I'm stuck paying the price. My payment history had been 100% on time previously. They said they would fix it but I have little confidence. I am refinancing as soon as I possibly can!

I have had issues with paying my car note with Ally Financial several times. The first time I created an account online and payment was successful. The next month Ally emailed me that the payment did not process, so I contacted my bank to verify. My name was misspelled apparently but I did notify them how last month's payment processed they were unable to answer (Ally). (Rep named: Gina). Another month I get a phone call at my job that they are collecting a non payment that I made last month. I then called my bank again and they had no process of any payments from Ally. (Rep; Gina). I called Ally and they notified me that a late charge was assessed and they did not have my cell phone only my work phone number.

The representative stated they never had my cell phone on file. I then requested to speak to a supervisor: (JR. Supervisor) after I verified they had actually called me on my cell phone and allowed them to hear a recording on speaker phone that they called me. The Supervisor then did verify to me the number they had and repeated my cell phone but I informed him they notified me they had no cell phone on file. I asked Supervisor to provide me a copy of a letter stating I had not made a payment and he transferred me back to Gina. Ally representative stated they were also unable to send me that information in writing.

I was transferred to the below people at this company and continue to receive collect calls to my work phone number even though I notified them to not call me. They have now called me under unknown caller to my direct work line. Collections department that contacted me at work: Jenica. Representative that I called back once I verified with logistics with my bank: Gina. Supervisor JR. - I spoke to whom really did nothing to help me. Please think twice when allowing these people to finance anything or banking with them. Good luck everyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ally Bank?

Ally only has online banking when their system is down and you can't make a payment on your due date they charge you a late fee. If your payment due date falls on a Saturday and you pay on Saturday you are charged a late fee because your payment won't be processed until Monday. Ally should be shut down by the government for its crooked ways of ripping honest people off. I will be writing letters to my congressman.

I turned in my one lease for another Lease thankfully through another company, Ally, Upon inspection Sent me a bill for $611 in excess wear. They continued to send me a bill at least once a week for the next six weeks despite me paying the bill in total online The same way I have always paid them. Either their computers are out of date or they are behind the times. Finally it took a phone call for them to admit I do not owe anything. It is the phone call that I take issue with. They were rude and turned it into a company that I would not wish to do business with in the future. They made good money off of my lease and the least I should've expected with civility.

I have a FRIEND WHO LOST HIS JOB. I tried to help by paying his payment. I paid the payment BUT THEY STILL CHARGED LATE A FEE $30.00 AND IT took 3 hrs to talk to a supervisor who was terrible. I will never use ALLY for a lease ever even if I like the dealership. They are terrible at customer service. I spent almost 3 hrs on the phone with them. If you can lease with someone else I would. Ron ID number is ** was unsympathetic and an jerk. I not only payed past but the next payment and they still didn't waive fee. Never use Ally, a terrible institution. They do not care about anyone especially if you're trying to help a friend.

During the month of October I made my payment using the online website. It stated that I needed to make a payment of 820.00 but I didn't. I always pay more so I made a payment of $1020.00. Once I was done I signed out of the account. On November 12th I receive a phone call from Ally stating that I am 33 days late on my car payment. I immediately stated that the information is incorrect and "give me a few moments I'm going to pull up my bank account". My computer was moving slow so I had to keep telling the lady "give me a few moments my computer is moving slow". After about 10 minutes she hangs up on me. So I review my checking account and notice that the car payment did not come out. I made the payment immediately and called them back. First if I would not have received that call I would have never knew I was late.

I did not receive any phone calls, letter, text or emails stating that the payment was not received. This was all explained to the rep when I called back. She stated that she sees my payment and provided me the same reference number that I had. Plus she created a dispute to make sure that it did not reflect my credit report. I believe everything is good to go. Today, Monday the 14th I get 2 different phone calls stating that my payment has not been received yet. When I started to explain to the first lady she just hung up on me. Then hours later I get another call same thing stating that my payment was not received. I had to go over everything all over again. All the lady kept saying is that she understood but she didn't understand. She stated "I see that you filed a dispute" and I said yes. She said that her manager reviewed it and I have a great relationship with them and it is all taken care of.

Further in the conversation she said that the October payment is late so it will show on the credit report. I literally was in tears. How can I be responsible for their system not taking the payment out. I have never been late and have 2 vehicles with them. All she wanted to do is put me on a deferment. I wasn't sure what she was trying to do. She kept saying that "you have to do it today or the payment doesn't count". I told her NO that I can't believe anything that they say because they lie. All the things they are lies.

I am beyond disgusted as a legitimate ethical US small business owner here in NC, and what has transpired with Ally Bank in the last 2 1/2 years regarding a camper loan. We had a supposed brand new 2014 Viking camper in April 2014, which within days was brought back to dealership with multiple problems including slider coming open on highway! We demanded a refund of all monies paid and contract voided and loan funds returned to Ally Bank. They refused. When my wife dropped off camper at lot, she was locked in gated property for couple hours, 4 men harassed, manhandled her and berated her to tears to sign some bogus paperwork and wanted her license. She was not signatory on loan, only me, yet they brought her to tears and she froze (has PTSD)...

I hired lawyer next day to go after these people first, do the right thing, refund monies, cancel contract return funds to Ally so my credit is intact. They then refused and got their lawyer involved. After 3 months' time, our lawyer filed formal lawsuit against dealership (Sunrise Camping Center / Hickory, NC) and then some months passed again with delays from their lawyer like previously. All this time, the camper has been with dealership and we had been advised to make monthly payments to protect my creditworthiness for my business and self as a legal process was in play, though we did not want this defective product in any way. We went thru all consumer agencies to no prevail. Just papers passed back and forth of what we already knew. But, we had a RV industry expert get hold of us through ripoffreport.com and found other consumers done badly by this dealership.

Then dealership demanded mediation to not go into a trial, and at that mediation, I only asked for our monthly payments back, downpayment returned, loan funds given back to Ally and we all walk away. Dealership refused and said camper depreciated too much in 12 months so offered us $10,000.00, but they could not sell that camper without having clear Title to it! Meaning we would still have to pay several thousands $$ more back to Ally to pay loan in full to get clear title! That made no sense to hear.

Then trial phase proceeded, and all of sudden, our hard hitting caring lawyer filed to stop representing us. At same time, the darn Gen. Mgr from dealership called us one night professing how his conscience bothered him so much the last year and what they did to my wife the day she returned that camper, that he wanted to help us. He said he quit the dealership after our mediation and that the owners were "The Devil" and have done many bad financial dealings to people locally regarding loans from Ally and other banks (getting multiple loans of same people in fact)... Tried telling our lawyer this, he seemed to minimize events by this time and left us anyway. Some say he was paid off or in fear of his business as a good old boy network exists in Hickory/Newton, NC region all the way to some Judges as we were told from local law enforcement contacts we made.

So we frantically tried finding new lawyer to come in so late in this process and had no luck up to day of trial. We went in front of Judge and asked for continuance to find legal representation, and she told us NO. She even scolded us saying she expected us to act like lawyers, and wanted to go forward with jury trial! This was unreal to hear... Within a couple minutes, every charge, fact, witness, docs we had and filing of our previous lawyer was swept under rug and case closed!!! This was NOT justice!

So, after all this time, August 2016, I contacted Ally's collection department and sent them some docs and told them what happened. Several calls during August from Collection agents inside Ally said none of this was ever documented on Ally's system by the person we kept getting letters back from at Ally when we earlier tried to get them to get funds back from dealership. Ally's own collection department people we spoke to said this was wrong of Ally to do to us and was like financial exploitation. I even wrote to Jeffrey Brown, CEO at Ally and he passed my stuff down to a S. **, Executive Customer relations person who again sent back denial letter and said we still owed all monies to Ally, irregardless of events and that the dealership had vehicle since April 2014...

Now as of last week, we were served with letter from a Raleigh, NC law firm Ally has hired to come after us for funds & penalties as we stopped paying monies 60 days ago, after being sick over doing so for 28 months just to please a legal process that never happened... Nobody pays for something they do not have or use of or get any benefit from and countless letters to Ally in past about this seemed to get passed down to low level people and disregarded. Even the NC Dept of Revenue (who we contacted) is looking into this dealership (and maybe Ally) as there is no taxes being paid on that camper which has been with dealership since April 2014.

Consumer agencies do no good for consumers, as it truly seems ONLY wealthy people with lots of monies get justice today. Dealerships like this get away stealing loan funds from banks and banks don't care and hurt decent consumers without looking at facts involved. Ally should go back to this dealership and demand monies back but they don't. NONE of this should ever happen either to us or any consumer.

I leased a 2013 Cadillac SRX through Ally Bank. The vehicle had been driven by one of the bosses at the Cadillac dealership and had 7,200+ miles when I received it. My lease was for 3 years/12,000 miles a year. I turned the vehicle in with 42,000+ miles, with only 34,000+ miles being actual miles that I put on it. I received mail from Ally indicating that the two rear tires were worn to 2/32nds and the two front tires to 3/32nds and I had to pay for the two rear tires at $195 each.

I spoke to two different subjects, two different times and tried to explain to them that the tires were evenly worn and if they took the 7,200 miles off, that were on the vehicle and tires prior to my lease, there would have been plenty of tread on the tires, by their standards. As you might guess, they had nothing to do with my explanation and still say that I owe them. I can't find a copy of the lease. Does anyone know what the lease states about tire wear? Is their 2/32nds in the lease or does it have other wording?

Paid off our car about two years ago, never really thought twice about it but since we are selling the car now, we realized we never received the title. So my husband calls Ally and they inform him they didn't release the title because we owed $19.90!!! Really??? So in two years not once did they send us a bill or contact us in any way. So four days ago, they said they will fax over documentation stating there is no lien on the car so that it can be sold... imagine this, we are still waiting!

Every excuse in the book, first the fax number was invalid then we got the old "we faxed it last night" excuse! Supposed to be selling car in a couple hours but still no documentation and so we called again, apparently they only fax once a day, at the end of the day, and there's no possible way for them to make an exception or for someone to just walk over to the fax machine and send it!! This bank is so incompetent, we would never recommend them to anyone for anything!

LMAO Ally Financial is such a joke. There was fraud on my account and of course they did nothing to resolve the issue so my bank had to handle it. And when you speak to whomever you can NEVER understand them. Cannot wait to refi so I can get tf away from Ally. 10/10 would NOT recommend. If you go to get a car loan and Ally is your only choice, DO NOT TAKE IT. Terrible.

First let me say, I have owned several cars in my lifetime. Setting up financing was always easy. This time when I went through Autocom in Concord, CA I thought I had learned enough to know what to watch out for and wouldn't fall for shady used car salesmen tactics. I had good credit, but it seemed to take hours and hours to set up financing, despite being pre-approved with my bank at WF. After spending all day at the dealer determined to buy a car (because the cost of a rental car was getting too expensive), I had caught the salesman giving me one set of interest rate, but then handed me another interest rate on a piece of paper by mistake. When I asked about it, I was told that was the dealer’s numbers. Well, I insisted on getting that rate through my bank or I would leave. I got the rate. I signed docs and everything seemed fine.

Accept when I got home and reviewing docs the next day, I notice nowhere on the paperwork is the name of the lender (my bank) whom I was certain my financing was through as Autocom assured me everything went through WF. I inspect the docs in greater detail and I ask where do I send my payment for the following month from the salesperson. He said he didn't know. He then quotes me a higher monthly payment though my paperwork said otherwise. I asked where is the documentation that shows WF is my lender. He couldn't find it. He then agreed to drop my interest rate down a point. I think great. I am emailed a snapshot of the terms, but no details with my name on it and there was nothing to sign. Everything had been signed the day before without a lender specified. Autocom tells me they only know the phone number to the lender and not the name. I find out the lender is Ally Auto.

Fast forward a few months and I am in financial hell. Autocom likes to charge insane amounts of finance charges and late fees when late fees don't even apply. This adds to the monthly by hundreds of dollars, making it impossible to pay off your monthly payment with the multiple false late payments and finance fees. In 11 months, I have paid $1,500 in finance charges. The charges are never consistent, and they are so high that when I do try to pay an extra $200 toward the car for false payments, it doesn't matter. Why? Because when I pay on time and add another $150-$200 on my payment, Ally decides to use nearly the full amount of the extra payment I made to add to the finance charges for the next month, making it impossible to pay off the previous month finance charges and late fees.

My monthly average right now for a 2 year old Jeep Patriot is about $650.00 due to all the extra fees I am paying, but my monthly payment at 7% financing is $350.00 which is far above my budget. When I argue with Ally that the fees are not appropriate because I paid my bill on time, they don't listen. They just add more fees. And struggling to pay these huge fees has now ruined my credit. I can't now turn in this car, because I still need this one to get my child to school and me to work. Thus means I'd have to purchase a car from a hard money lender, just to get rid of Ally as the lender. It's a total mess.

I'm looking into anyone who knows of other shady sales deals done by either Autocom and/or Ally Auto. I would love to file a lawsuit against both for their illegal and unethical business tactics. I'm on the way into Autocom this weekend to find out if there is floating paperwork on Ally with a signature on paperwork I never signed, because there is no way I have an legitimate auto loan through Ally if I never signed off documents with them agreeing to them as my lender when I was trying to use my bank. Nor did the salesmen ever discuss these insane finance charges to me for Ally that I have never incurred before in all my life with other auto dealers. If anyone knows of a great attorney file a class action lawsuit against these crooks, please let me know.

Ally Financial will call and call, 7 days a week nonstop with several people. Oh my, they can't make notes, they can't understand simple English or Spanish. I am so tired of them. I have had it so much that they can come and get it.

Several years have been dealing with this mess. Paid off my Chevrolet truck early. Never got the title. Numerous calls to some foreign country. They don't have the title. State of Texas has the title. Have to go to the DMV office. They say there is still a lien on my truck. WTH. Now what to do. How do I get my title for my truck? Any advice??

Leased a 2013 Cadillac ATS and turned the vehicle in one month early. 2 weeks later the car was inspected and I was told 2 tires were under 1/8" and would have to be replaced for a cost of $390. Went out myself and measured the tread, and found the tread was 1/8" around both tires. I decided to go ahead and replace the tires. The representative told me they would hold the car at the dealership so I could replace the tires. Turns out they sold the car the next day and moved it off the lot. Called Ally back and they stated they never held the vehicle and recanted. I have leased many times and never had an experience quite like this. Do not lease with Ally. Most people will not listen to this because they are too enthralled about getting a new car and will lease with anyone.

Please do not believe their tag line that they work tirelessly for you. I have had nothing but horrible customer service. They charge you fees for everything even when your account has been compromised. The reps are horrible and show no sympathy. Just terrible!!

Ally Financial called me and stated that my autopay did not go through for the month of October. He informed me that it shows the next auto payment to be pulled in November. So he told me I would have to pay that day a one time payment so I did. The next day they pulled two car payments out of my account! I immediately called since the second one was still pending and they told me that there was nothing they could do for 14 days... No one would stop the transaction, even after my bank told me that they could if it was still pending. I have filed a fraud case with Ally Financial and will be refinancing with another bank. Their employees clearly do not know how to deal with people. I still have not gotten my money back.

When approaching the end of my auto lease I was contacted by this company. They called themselves Lease End Process. I thought I was dealing with BMW's Lease End Department, who had been contacting me also. Both answer the phone the same way: "Lease End. Can I help you?" It turned out to to be a front company for Ally lending. Over several phone calls and several days we negotiated a purchase and financing for my car. When I received the contract and assorted paperwork for signature I quickly saw the numbers were very different from what was represented - about $2,800 higher. I called and the rep I'd been working with, Sarah, said someone had made a mistake in the paperwork and she'd get it rectified. By this time, though, it was the last day of my lease.

The following day, she was still working on it, which seemed strange. During the phone calls we had over these two days Sarah's explanation for the miscalculation would change. Suddenly I get a call from a guy named Bob - apparently Sara's boss. Bob was just plain shystie, starting right off with fast talking, aggressive BS. I explained the contract did not reflect what Sara and I had clearly agreed to. Bob would not confirm or deny what Sara had negotiated; he just said the contract was the best deal I was going to get. I said, put Sara on the phone with us and she'll confirm our agreed terms. He refused. I told Bob I wouldn't deal with him because pointless to deal with patently dishonest people, and that Sara should call me, and I hung up.

Sara called a bit later. I could tell I was on speaker phone, and informed Sara I knew Bob was in the room minding her, and that it is unlawful to have someone else present at a speaker-phone conversation without informing the other party. Sara said, okay, that she would hang up and call me back. She didn't, but by this time it was apparent that Lease End/ALLY was not a legitimate operator anyway, and that we were done. So, now two days after my lease expiration, I call BMW Lease End and explained. Their rep had never heard of the other Lease End, nor Ally.

My recommendation: Stay far away from Lease End Process and Ally Bank or Lending. Lease End Process also goes by, or is affiliated with Auto Showcase Inc. Oddly, on the contract they sent, Auto Showcase is named as the Seller. Nowhere does it mention BMW or BMW Financial, which leased me the car and collects my payments. The BMW rep had no idea who they were either, and said his notes on my lease showed nothing about a pending sale contract. Auto Showcase does not own this car. My own time-consuming experience revealed them as thoroughly dishonest. Plus they caused me to go past my lease end date. Fortunately, BMW's Lease End Dept. was reasonable regarding that.

I'll try to make this short. I totaled my truck. After dealing with insurance they told me to contact my GAP Insurance company. I did. GAP sent me an email on what paperwork I need to send to them, few things from the insurance company, and a few things from Ally. My insurance company sent me all the paperwork with ten min to my email, Ally after calling them telling them what happened and what I needed to told me that will be 24 to 48 hrs for them to fax it, this was not going to work for me. I had about two weeks till my payment was due and talking to insurance and GAP the time frame for them to send Ally their checks would take just under that if I got the paperwork in to them, them meaning GAP in the next few days. Back to the 24 to 48 hrs after pushing it with them they said they would mark it so it would be expedited.

Next day am I had one of the papers and after searching I found everything but still needed my payoff from date of loss. So called Ally back after the 48 hrs. Due to work for me being busy I couldn't make a phone call in time to speak to an American. So when I did call I informed them of my last phone call and I was still waiting on the one piece of paper, you know what this lady told me, "it will be 24 to 48 hrs for you to receive it..." Now that just pissed me off. Asked the lady if she didn't just hear what I just told her that I already called and already waiting the first 24 to 48 hrs and I WILL NOT WAIT AGAIN, I had them transfer me to an American supervisor, where I was told I would have it faxed to me by 1pm my time about 4 hrs from when I called. The lady also told me she would personally call me back at 1 to make sure I received it. Well 1pm came and went.

I was and am furious with them now so I waited till the next morning to call, where I found out that my request for MY PAPER WORK was denied. Are you ** kidding me. So I asked when was someone suppose to let me know it was denied. Answer was "we don't call people when they are denied." WOW really so when do you call? No answer after asking this lady 100 times "can you tell me why I had to be transferred." At this point this had to be the 6th different person I have talked to in three days, she finally told me it was because Ally doesn't have a letter of guarantee from my insurance. What that has to do with anything I couldn't tell you. I had this so called letter of guarantee informed the lady of this and told her "I can email it to you right now." Nope was not good enough. It HAD to come from the insurance company. Way beyond fed up I had to hang up.

Had my mom call as she was on the loan with me. She got the letter next day after having to jump through hoops to get it. Ally tried to tell me that they would and will contact GAP for me and send them all the paperwork. I of course told them hell no. They have already cost me 3 to 4 days with their games. I had to fight with this lady over the phone for an hour to tell her they are wrong for what they are doing. Not one sorry. Just everyone repeating themselves over and over and over again. Fast forward a little to a week before my payment was due by this time I have called twice a day for about a week to see if the check was received and has posted but of course called all the way till a day before my payment was due. They wouldn't work with me with tell them the check should be there any day. Nope so I decided to not pay plus it takes 10 - 15 days late to go against your credit.

So after that my ten days was up and had to pay with them telling me that any over payment would be sent out in 24 hrs or less from the over payment showing on the account. So again called everyday to see if all checks made it, This was the 27 grand total for. This long I would have to say 15+ people all told myself and my mom different things. We took it as far as we can go. Spoke with a gentleman who said he would look into it and get back to her. Well he never did so again with us making calls to find info out. My mom spoke with someone on the 9th of this month was suppose to email the company and see where the check is if it was mailed already. We would just have to wait for it if not she would have them next day air it to me.

Well it's now the 18th. No call back. No one knows and still being told different things. We have I bet talked with 40 different reps with Ally and from that we can say that no one in that company knows what their policies are on anything. They will hound you when you owe them money but when it comes to you getting your money back from them they don't care. They are rude and incompetent company that hires the same type of people. I would refinance ASAP. They will treat you like you're wrong. They have no customer service no follow through. They can be lucky that I don't know where their office is. Also tried to file a complaint and you have to write a letter and mail it to an address. No number to call, no email, no fax. Must be a letter. This is one week shy of dealing with this bs for two months now. Almost a month and I still haven't got my money.

Bought a vehicle from Chevy dealer who talked us into using Ally for "free" oil changes for life of the vehicle and the gap insurance. Had vehicle 1 month. Was totaled. After numerous over 50 calls vehicle was paid off after 1 1/2 yrs... Now owed overage of 880.94 that they will not send me. Over 4 mo of calls, lies, lies, lies. Say they sent it but nothing. They say it is my mail service but yet the collection notices for 37.84 late fee (unknown where that came from??) come through with the threats of reporting to credit file. "Oh we are so sorry" is all I get with no action. I found the CEO email and emailed him. Let's see where that goes... He gets million dollar salary. His company has a "D" rating with bbb... Whatever you do don't!!! Don't!! Utilize this company for any reason!!! Nothing but regrets.

Ally received an overpayment for the final lease payment. They are refusing to refund the difference. It is not contractual but rather just their internal policy. They say I might get a refund if the car sells for more otherwise I am out of luck. How is this legal? I will stay away from Ally. The person I spoke to was extremely rude and differential.

I have never dealt with a more corrupt bank in my entire life. The truck loan was paid off and they still took an automatic payment and have had it since the 23rd. The loan was paid off on the 20th. It is now the 12th of the next month and my 4th call, with nothing still rectified. Do not ever borrow any money from these people. They screwed up the % rate and said it was going to be lower and then the payment date as well.

This company is a joke! My father-in-law got a car for us in his name through them, and then he went and got himself a car too, financed through them also. He goes and makes a payment on his car, and they screw it up and put it on our account, and it messed everything up on ours. Took them a month to fix everything. Then we fell behind with them on 2 payments, and when I got the money together, I paid them off including all late fees. Then a week later a new payment should have been due. I log in online to make the current payment, and it was saying $0 due and nothing due until the following month, so I have my husband call them to see why it was saying that, and the representative said it was right and that nothing was due until the following month.

So when the next month comes around and I go to make the payment it said the current due and I paid it. Then 3 weeks later I get a letter in the mail saying we were a payment behind plus late fees. Husband calls them again and they tell him they can't talk to him because he's not on the account even though my father-in-law gave them permission to talk to my husband like 10 times in the past, plus the money comes out of our checking account.

It took about 2 to 3 weeks of back and forth phone calls to my father-in-law and them to get somewhere, and here the lady tells us that basically she don't know who my husband originally talked to, and that we need to get a payment in or they will repo the car. Like you can't tell me they don't keep record of calls! And I'm so sick of their ** that I'm ready to tell to just come take the damn thing! We just made a payment last Friday and yes we are behind one payment. They call my father-in-law this morning, and he calls my husband and tells him that if we don't have another payment in by this Friday that they are going to repo.

They like to make huge mistakes and screw people over, and when it's been their mistake they don't want to be lenient in any way for you! They just want to screw you harder! This company is a freaking joke and should not be in business! Our car was supposed to be a 5 yr loan and here it's been 4 yrs, and we still have $10,000 left on the loan. How the hell is it supposed to be paid off in another year? Not possible and they are liars!

Normally would like to give no star for them. A lot of simple thing that all customer rep could not explain. I was on the phone and asked simple question, and each of them gave me difference answer. Never recommend this bank to anyone. My current balance is 10,500 but every month I want to strangle someone when I see the bill. Just let me give an example. If I owed $200 for this month and when I got the bill I paid $50, and then next bill come again, my balance = 200-50 =150+2.99% = 150.37 Right? Ok, this is what I understood how all other credits card company did >> The balance x %rate then /365 x 30 day for bill cycle.

I asked the rep, "How you calculated finance charge", because every month the total of finance charge it seem like come from whatever number they wanted. Nothing practicing the on the faithful basis. He answered me, my finance charge calculate from previous balance, that's meant they still calculate the interest from $200 instead of $150 even though I already paid $50. Some simple math that customer service who sitting outside USA, that could not answer a simple question. Its sound crook and fishy for this company, if they cheated on customer $2-3 of each how much they make money per month. I really upset, even though it only 2-3 dollars a month that make me sick in my stomach that they did not answer my question right. No standard.

I recently purchased a truck from a local dealer. It was financed through Ally. The issue I'm having is this, I paid my payments on time for almost a year. I work for DOD so I'm gone most of the time. I didn't make a payment on time and it was three weeks late. When I got back I looked at my phone, I had received 118 phone calls and 16 voice mails from them. At the first opportunity I called them and explained why was late. Hung up the phone and not two minutes later got a phone call from again. Different person, same accent. Talk to them, hung up and 5 minutes later. Guess whom? You're right Ally. Recently I left again for 15 days. 69 phone calls and 9 voice mails about late charges now. I'm done with these people. At my first opportunity I'm having my vehicle refinanced through a different company. My advice, never ever, ever deal with ALLY. Wish I could give them a negative 5 stars.

Only wanted to open an online savings account like I'd had with ING sixteen years ago. (Does anyone remember their orange ball/their 8%?) It took me 3 weeks+ with multiple mailings & phone calls to succeed & by then I didn't wanna put 1 cent in their bank! The last Ally Bank customer service "example" I spoke with was snippy & spoke down to me i.e. Big mistake. Took up with Synchrony Bank who offered me more (1.10%) & I needn't send them a vial of my blood. Became a "Trust Fund Baby" late in life & needed somewhere to park a lot of excess funds. One has to assume Ally Bank doesn't need my money.

Awful. Awful. The WORST. After my leased car was returned to the dealer, this company harassed me for months -- is still harassing me -- claiming that I still have the car! Harassment in the form of daily threatening letters, daily and frequent phone calls from imbeciles who couldn't seem to figure out that my lease was paid and the car wasn't in my possession. The dealer doesn't use Ally anymore.

Ally Auto is one of the worst auto financing you will ever come across. Yes, they apologize consistently almost like a robot... but that's it - don't think you are going to get anywhere or any answers. Something as simple as a report takes them over a month to send out but as soon as the day of your due date hits they are all over your phones. They will track you down to even the payphone that is close by. AVOID THEM IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE.

Ally Bank Company Profile