Formerly GMAC

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.57/5

Ally Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ally Bank?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ally Bank?

Original review: March 13, 2020

Re-financed in 2018 with Ally Bank. The process online and phone was great with all personnel with the application for loan. They paid off Bank of America and their other loan company immediately within 20 days. The process then went to Ally's Loan processing in Colorado, other than the NEW person handling the loan, didn't know how to process a Trust, everything was PERFECT! The new person, had to give the Trust I faxed to them, don't have text ability and told them that several times, his supervisor took the trust and in 1 day it was processed. Once thru the Loan Process, they ordered Appraisal on home here in Calif. Man and his son came and did thorough investigation. Home appraised at much more than thought it would. Funded. All done in 30 days.

My NEW LOAN is with Ally: their financial institute that takes the payments is SLS out of Colorado. Superb company I have dealt with before. I pay under $900 mo. for 15 yr loan. and can call and raise how much more I want to pay on principal anytime. SLS is a great company. Thanks to ALLY I got rid of B of A and their horrid company they sold the loan to no notice to me, was in BK! -

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I’ve been an Ally customer for over two years and I love it. I use it only for a savings account and regulate send money to my checking account at another bank and vice versa. What I really love is while it would cost money to transfer money from my other bank to ally, if I initiate the transaction from ally, it’s free. Also the interest rates are super high!! Of course that varies so it’s always changing but it’s still way higher than most other banks. Also, anytime I’ve called I’ve immediately spoken to someone and they were super helpful. I love ally and would use them anytime. I highly suggest it for a savings account.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I would recommend Ally Bank to anyone. The customer service is commendable as is the interest paid on accounts. This online bank also offers competitive rates on home loans and provide exceptional assistance every step of the way. I have never experienced difficulty meeting requirements needed to complete the process. The feeling of being treated like a person instead of just a number adds to my being committed to the outstanding service Ally provides in every aspect of involvement experienced by me as a client. Rest assured that you to could expect an identical association throughout once connected with a professional representative of this established online programs available to the public. OUTSTANDING COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE. Thanks for the opportunity to express my pleasure.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Prior to changing over 100% to Ally Bank (online) was with US Bank who had horrid service, no interest to sneeze at, website didn't work 24/7-couldn't talk to anyone unless 9-5 M-F. Since with ALLY, am extremely happy with their Banking and even re-fied my Home thru them. AWESOME! Interest checking .10, Savings was at 2.18, down this mo. to 2.08 constant interest. Banking online is the only way to go. IF I need Cash, go to grocery store get cash back, can go to any ATM, Ally will pay $10 if you use any other than theirs monthly. Checks, can scan and instant front/back in bank and usable next day. My Checking/Savings accts all get interest. Chat online for instant answers about anything. OR call Toll Free No. same thing. 24/7. Can't lose - it's a def. WIN WIN!

Original review: July 28, 2019

Well first of all I've had a hard time getting financed. For the fact that they were able to finance my vehicle made a huge difference to me. Anytime I've had a question or an issue about anything whatsoever all I had to do was to Simply pick up the telephone and place a phone call to the customer service line where an actual human being and not a robot directed me exactly what to do and what steps I should take to solve the issue that I would be having at that particular Moment In Time. That says a lot to me.

Customer service is starting to slowly become a thing of the past and when I can call a number and speak to an actual human being and one that can speak English well nonetheless makes a world of difference to me and puts me in a better mood. There was a time not very long ago that I was not able to make my car payment on time and instead of giving me a hassle about it or charging me any type of the late fee May simply extended my due date. As a single mother who works two jobs that is very helpful to me because sometimes we need that extra extensions to push through. I would definitely recommend this Bank even though I am paying 18% interest rate. I would rather pay high interest rate on a car than to not have one at all. It is a 2013 GMC Terrain black on black and I absolutely love it and I believe that it is worth every penny that I pay in the payment as well as the interest.

Original review: July 3, 2020

I requested a pre-approval for a home loan. The bank ran a credit check after I gave them my information. I asked them very specific questions. Relying on those answers, I made an offer and started the process, which costed close to $1000. The initial information they gave me was nothing but lies. They avoided calls when I scheduled, and then finally, a week before close, decided to tell me that I was not going to get the loan. And then proceeded to tell me I could not have the appraisal of my property because it belonged to them even though I had paid for it.

Original review: June 28, 2020

I paid my loan in full on June 12, 2020. It is now June 28, 2020 and still no title! I have called, emailed and tried chatting online with customer representatives. I sold my car and the gentlemen who bought the car is waiting for me to get him the title. I am beyond frustrated. I was told by one representative that the title was mailed out on June 21, 2020. I will NEVER use this bank again and will tell others to do the same. They prey on people with bad credit and make so much money with all the interest charges!

Original review: June 27, 2020

My wife and I tried to open a joint account and had a terrible online experience. We recently moved and our legal address changed so I expected some additional steps; however, we were auto-denied and received 6 rejection letters in the mail weeks later. Pathetic - I’ll take my money to a real bank with an actual group of people who can mitigate a simple address discrepancy.

Original review: June 27, 2020

Paid off loan 0 Balance then got charged $314.61 interest on a zero balance. When payment was made it says paid in full. Then how to track your title. So it wasn't really paid in full. So they ripped me off for the extra interest. Paid a Ford loan off at the same time. I already got the title.

Original review: June 23, 2020

I say ZERO stars. Worst customer service ever, got a loan in 2017. They don't bother me. I don't bother them, it was great, BUT!!! This past month (May 2020) I decided to do a equity loan, my bank need a pay-off statement from Ally. Every single individual I have spoken with they are all thumbs. They can not seem to muster this simple task, to the point that they are sending me other customers' information, (mind you all they have to do is click and go). I hate to see any of them having to fight COVID-19, ally would not have anybody to answer the phones. Yes as of today I'm still trying to get this done and forget the hold times. WORST!!! WORST!!!

Ally Bank Company Information