Find a Mortgages partner

Help me decide
  2. Mortgages

Find a Mortgages partner
Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

About United Wholesale Mortgage

United Wholesale Mortgage is a home loan provider that partners with independent brokers to get borrowers low-interest mortgages. Its Conquest program offers low rates to partners who haven’t closed a sale over an extended period of time. It also offers loan application tools and marketing services to independent mortgage lenders.

Pros

• Below-market rates
  • Online tools
  • Marketing support

Cons

• Only for independent brokers
  • No home equity loans

Bottom Line

UWM provides low mortgage rates and a Conquest loan to borrowers who haven’t closed with the company in 18 months. It offers tools to expedite the application process and helps partners promote their business.

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

What is UWM?

United Wholesale Mortgage (UWM) is a wholesale lender that works with independent mortgage brokers to provide good loan rates and technology to make the application efficient. The company also offers training for its partners to keep them updated on its latest offerings and assist them in closing more deals.

UWM offers a free home value estimator and provides a broad range of loans, including conventional, FHA, VA and USDA options. It also offers a Conquest program, which is targeted at partners who haven’t recently closed a deal. The program helps them to close by offering below-market rates.

The company offers tools like UTrack and Blink+. The latter helps partners manage and track their clients’ loans. UWM also provides marketing tools for its partners, such as website building, automated client communication and online reputation management.

How does United Wholesale Mortgage work?

UWM’s partners can use the Easy Qualifier tool to find a mortgage loan that best suits their borrower. The tool provides varying rates, which partners can present to the borrower.

After partners have obtained all the required information from the borrower, they can use electronic signatures to expedite the process. The Blink+ tool lets borrowers complete the application from anywhere and at any time.

Once you’ve submitted the loan application, you can manage and track it. Tools like Closing Tracker let you see the interaction between the closer and the settlement agent, and the UTrack feature lets partners and clients access every step of the application process.

Partners who haven’t closed a deal in a while can take advantage of the Conquest program, which lets them offer loans at rates lower than most of the market.

UWM mortgage rates

For a 15-year fixed mortgage for purchases and refinance, UWM offers 1.875% rates at the time of publishing. A 30-year fixed rate of 1.999% is available for new borrower purchases and refinance loans if a borrower hasn’t closed a deal with UWM in the last 18 months. A Conquest fixed rate for a conventional 30-year loan is 2.5%; Conquest VA rates are 2.25% for purchase and refinancing.

UWM’s Exact Rate tool gives borrowers a specific mortgage rate (down to the decimals).

United Wholesale Mortgage FAQ

Where is United Wholesale Mortgage available?
UWM is available in every state in the U.S., including the District of Columbia.
Does United Wholesale Mortgage work with lenders?
Yes. UWM works with mortgage brokers to help them promote their business to potential borrowers and acts as a wholesale lender, offering several different loans.
What types of mortgages does United Wholesale Mortgage offer?
UWM offers conventional, VA, FHA and USDA loans. Borrowers who have not closed with UWM for the last 18 months may qualify for a Conquest loan.
Does United Wholesale Mortgage do refinancing?
Yes. It offers refinancing on all its major loans, including the Conquest loan, which comes with one of the lowest rates on the market.

Is United Wholesale Mortgage legit?

UWM provides some of the lowest mortgage rates in the industry and offers several technological tools to make the application process efficient. It offers several loan types, including conventional, FHA and VA, in all states and keeps its partners abreast of the entire loan process via tools such as Blink + and Utrack.

UWM is also dedicated to ensuring that its partners grow their business by offering training, support and several marketing tools. It provides assistance with building websites, online reputation management and social media scheduling. The company does not offer home equity loans and does not lend directly to borrowers.

United Wholesale Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Wholesale Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Wholesale Mortgage?

Original review: July 28, 2021

We refinanced at 1.99% with this company. I would highly recommend this mortgage lender for several reasons. Their website is clear and concise and runs very smoothly. I can find the information I need (I track my mortgage) in a hurry. The website shows detailed information regarding where your payment dollars go. You can pre-schedule payments which is also nice. Communication thru USPS is also concise and timely. Highly recommend.

Original review: March 8, 2021

Recently refinanced and UWM is my new lender. I recently visited their website and was pleasantly surprised to find that it is both user friendly and informative. Very easy to navigate which is a real plus in my opinion. So far they seem to have the total package!

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

Homies Loan was a broker for UWM. During the process, we were to provide all our documents to UWM. Everything went well during the close. However, once the house was closed, we were not fully communicated how things would work for the UWM. We had to learn how to make an auto draft payment from our bank. Additionally, the website portal was not created to fit our name, which created a deny of service from my bank since the name did not match. I had to make several phone call to fix the problem. Also, I thought I did fix the problem to know later that I did not. The full payment was drafted from my account twice in the same month. The agent I worked with was great though.

United Wholesale Mortgage Company Information