Learn More

2. Mortgages
  3. VA Loans

4.4/5 (5 ratings)

About nbkc bank

Nbkc bank is an online bank with physical locations in the Kansas City area. The bank offers home, personal, auto and bridge loans, as well as checking accounts and credit cards. Home loans include conventional, VA, FHA and new construction loans. Refinancing and home equity lines of credit are also available. The mortgage process can be completed online. Nbkc bank has been helping homeowners for over 20 years, according to its website.

Pros

• Lends in 50 states
  • Apply completely online
  • Helpful website resources

Cons

• No branches outside Kansas City
  • Limited fee information online

Bottom Line

Nbkc bank is an online bank that offers VA and FHA home loans in all 50 states. Apply online, by phone or at a branch in Kansas City. An online loan calculator lets you see estimated rates and fees.

What is nbkc bank?

Nbkc bank is an online bank with locations in the Kansas City area. Its products include home loans, home equity lines of credit, personal loans, auto loans, bridge loans, checking accounts, money market accounts and credit cards. The bank promises competitive rates and personal service.

nbkc mortgages

Nbkc bank offers several types of home loans. Customers can handle all aspects of obtaining a mortgage online, working with an nbkc representative along the way. You can also apply by phone or at a physical location in the Kansas City area. Mortgage documents are delivered electronically or via overnight shipping. Nbkc arranges for the appraisal and title work prior to closing.

Some of the home loans nbkc offers include:

• Conventional loans
  • VA loans
  • FHA loans
  • Home construction loans
  • Refinancing

nbkc mortgage rates

Nbkc bank promotes “always-competitive” rates. To get rate estimates on your home loan, use the “View rates” button on its homepage to navigate to its rate calculator. Then enter the estimated home value, your down payment amount, the state where the home is located and your credit score category, and indicate if you have served in the U.S. military. You’ll see interest and annual percentage rate estimates for different types of loans, including VA loans if you qualify.

Nbkc bank offers both pre-qualification and preapproval. Pre-qualification is a preliminary step that shows you how much you can afford to borrow, while preapproval requires more personal financial information and shows you how much you can borrow from nbkc bank and your rates.

nbkc bank FAQ

Nbkc bank is based in Kansas City, Missouri. Even though it only has branches in the Kansas City area, it offers an online process for home loans to people in all 50 states.
Nbkc bank was formerly known as National Bank of Kansas City.
Nbkc bank offers home loans, personal loans, auto loans and bridge loans.
VA loans from nbkc bank are available in all 50 states.

Is nbkc bank legit?

Nbkc bank is a legitimate option if you’re looking for a home loan. The loan process is easy to navigate and can be handled entirely online. Nbkc promises competitive rates, but as with any lender, you need to apply for preapproval to see your offer. Overall, it’s worth connecting with nbkc bank if you’re looking for home loan or refinancing options.

nbkc bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about nbkc bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about nbkc bank?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

It was a great experience with NBKC. I could not recommend them enough to other people. I worked with Kati and she was amazing. We wouldn’t consider switching to another lender because of her. It was a very competitive rate and I didn't feel I had to negotiate with her. She was constantly bringing me the best that was available. One of the best things about her was that she was available at any step of the process. There was coordination that needed to take place and I could call her anytime. Whether we were bidding or negotiating, she was there to kind of lend the support and expertise to the whole process.

Get buying tips about VA Loan Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

I’m very pleased with the team, especially with Lori. Whenever I have a question, I can email or call her. So, it's very good.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

I refinanced my mortgage and it was all good with nbkc bank. The process was fast and well done.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

NBKC Bank offered the best deal for a home loan. Our loan officer was great. He made it easy.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

The rate was good and the process was quick but I had a bad experience with them in terms of closing the loan. The officer closed the loan without confirming my previous mortgage has been paid off. The title insurance they hired didn't follow up on all this. For about 15 days, I had to go through multiple calls and emails to get to these things settled.

nbkc bank Company Information