3.9/5 (579 ratings)

About Zillow Home Loans, LLC

Zillow Home Loans, LLC, an affiliate of Zillow Group, Inc., is a rapidly growing national provider of online mortgage lending services across the United States. The company became a Zillow Group company in 2018, and it's committed to delivering a seamless and streamlined mortgage experience. Homebuyers can use the company's advanced technology, competitive rates and transparent process to find a mortgage solution that suits their needs.

Pros

• Online resources
  • Mortgage calculator
  • Competitive interest rates

Cons

• Closings can take a while

Bottom Line

Zillow Home Loans is a lender that offers a variety of loan options with competitive interest rates and refinancing options.

Top Zillow Home Loans, LLC Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I absolutely loved working with Zillow Home Loans… My loan officer, Mike, was wonderful. Always kept me informed, never made me feel like I was wasting my time. ... This company h...

Verified

Mr. Steven ** is the ABSOLUTE BEST Loan Officer EVER!!! He is a true angel on earth with all the knowledge, guidance and comfort any borrower would desire when buying a home. ... ...

What is Zillow Home Loans?

Zillow Home Loans is a mortgage company that provides direct lending services to potential homebuyers. Its website features interest rates and mortgage calculators to help you estimate how much you can afford to spend on a house.

To begin your mortgage search, fill out a short questionnaire on its website to provide information about your income, budget and homebuying process. An experienced loan officer from Zillow Home Loans will then reach out to help you purchase a new home or refinance your existing home. This process does not affect your credit score, and you’re not under any obligation to take a mortgage loan with Zillow.

Some common loan types available with Zillow are:

• 15-year fixed-rate mortgage
  • 20-year fixed-rate mortgage
  • 30-year fixed-rate mortgage
  • VA loan
  • FHA loan
  • Jumbo loan

Zillow Home Loans also has cash-out refinance options.

Zillow mortgage rates

Mortgage rates change frequently and are based on multiple factors, including the type of loan, the size of your down payment and your credit history. To receive an accurate quote for a mortgage through Zillow Home Loans, request a preapproval or speak to one of the company's loan officers. The company also provides sample loan terms on its website.

Zillow Home Loans FAQ

Can I refinance my home with Zillow Home Loans?
Yes, you can receive quotes for home refinancing through Zillow Home Loans and other local lenders.
What interest rates does Zillow Home Loans have?
A number of factors will impact the interest rate you may qualify for, including location, credit score, loan program, and loan term. It’s best to speak directly with a loan officer to find out what interest rates are available to you.
What is the minimum downpayment a mortgage with for Zillow Home Loans?
This depends on the type of loan. For example, a conventional loan requires a minimum down payment of 3%, while an FHA loan requires 3.5%. There are also some programs, such as VA loans, that allow for $0 down payments.

Is Zillow Home Loans good?

Zillow Home Loans provides competitive interest rates, online tools such as a payment calculator and solid customer service. This service is a good choice for those who want multiple loan options, and it offers competitive interest rates.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow Home Loans, LLC?

Original review: May 12, 2022

Alessandra ** is awesome, super professional, easy to work with and very knowledgeable. She helped make my home refinance go super smooth. She was always very responsive and timely. Made the process super easy and answered all my question. I would highly recommend her to all my friends and family and definitely looking forward to working with her again in the future.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about our services. We are glad to hear that Alessandra provided you with exceptional support during a very important financial process in your life. Zillow Home Loans strives to enhance our borrowers experience each time out the gate! We will definitely recognize Alessandra! We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2022

Alessandra ** is so knowledgeable, so helpful and was extremely patient during my refinance process. I cannot express how much I appreciate all she did to assist me with getting my finances in order and providing recommendations for the best refinance option. She explained the entire process with me and her communication skills are top notch which really made the entire refinance process a pleasant one. I have to mention that after shopping around to refinance, I selected Ally after consulting with multiple other loan officers. She appealed to me because of her knowledge in the mortgage industry and understanding of my situation. Ally has simply changed my life for the better and we look forward to continuing to seek her financial advice in the near future. Thank you Ally and team for all you did. We 100% recommend your services to anyone looking to refinance or obtain a new loan.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

We value our borrowers and pay attention to their needs. Our goal is to help them in any way we can, making the process easier on them. Feedback is an essential part of continuing to build on that success. Thank you for taking the time to tell us!

Original review: May 3, 2022

I really can't put into words what an absolute pleasure it was working with Alessandra **. We were a little reluctant to refinance online but she allayed all our fears and walked us through everything step by step. She's incredibly knowledgeable, friendly and considerate, happily addressing all our question with patience and professionalism. She made the whole process so simple it really was unbelievable. We closed in 12 days from my first conversation with her and she was on the ball, explaining all the details and walking us through every step from terms of the loan to how to upload documents. She truly is amazing and we are so happy without experience. If you need a mortgage look no further, Ally is hands down the best. Thanks again Ally!!

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Feedback is the core to success of a business! We value information about ways we can continue to improve upon our services. We appreciate the time you took to tell us! Thank you for helping us be the best!

Original review: May 2, 2022

I was working with another lender until somebody recommended me to call Alessandra ** and since the 1st time talking with her I realized she was the person to make this closing process easier. Alessandra is very professional, she offered to me a better deal and more personal service. She alerted me to each action I needed to complete via email, text message, and telephone calls. She always return my calls and was able to help me with any question I have.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

We are overjoyed to learn that we surpassed your expectations of service! Zillow Home Loans takes pride in knowing that our highly-trained staff is there to guide you through these very important, overwhelming steps of realizing your financial goals. Alessandra will get the recognition she deserves, and thank you for letting us know how we did! We thank you for choosing Zillow Home Loans, and please know we are here anytime you need assistance!

Original review: June 29, 2021

After almost 6 years of renting, a house in our school district that was within my budget comfort and fit all criteria for my family hit the market; however, it was a hot ticket item given the low (affordable) inventory in the area. I knew I needed to secure a pre-approval quickly in order to have my offer considered and have a chance to finally purchase a home.

I submitted an inquiry on the website and within minutes was speaking directly to the mortgage specialist who would ultimately guide me through the entire process through closing and funding. Scott ** was responsive, knowledgeable, and demonstrated a sincere interest in helping me through the mortgage and purchase process. He attentively listened to my frequent ramblings of uncertainties and frustrations of dealing with a FSBO property who hired a last minute agent to handle everything once we were under contract. Scott and the rest of the team at Zillow treated my loan as if it was the only one that mattered, and always worked diligently to help me check off to-do list items, patiently and kindly explaining things to me when I needed guidance.

The entire process, from application to final approval, closing, funding, the Zillow loan team made sure my best interests and financial scenarios were pursued and achieved, efficiently and painlessly. The experience was not always rainbows and butterflies (is buying a home ever so pleasant?) but I was fortunate to be partnered with a group of seasoned mortgage veterans who led the charge and seamlessly carried me across the finish line. Thank you, Scott, Ana, and team, for the superior customer care and an all around incredible experience for my family.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Thank you, Ashely for sharing your experience! We are glad to hear how exceptional Scott was. Welcome to the Zillow Home Loans Family!

Original review: April 21, 2022

Troy ** helped my wife and I through every step of the process of refinancing my home! He was very personable, professional, and patient with us! This can be a very stressful process but Troy made things go smoothly! He returned calls in a timely manner and addressed all our needs! If you are looking to refinance I highly recommend Troy! You will be very pleased! Troy is truly an asset to Zilliow Loans!

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

We value our borrowers and pay attention to their needs. Our goal is to help them in any way we can, and make the process easier on them. Feedback is an essential part of continuing to build on that success. Thank you for taking the time to tell us!

Original review: April 20, 2022

I would like to commend Troy ** on the excellent service he provided in helping me get a refinance on my home!!! He was knowledgeable and very easy to work with! I felt like he was family! He bent over backwards to help and be very understanding with all my concerns! I would highly recommend using him if you are thinking of refinancing!

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Exceptional service is accomplished by our focus on the borrowers needs. We pay attention to their goals, and work to surpass their expectations each time. Feedback is an essential part of continuing to build on that success. Thank you for taking the time to tell us!

Original review: April 20, 2022

Troy ** is a class act. I’m a very anxious person by nature and even more so with financial matters. Every question I had, and I had a lot, were answered quickly and fully. Anything he didn’t know right away he immediately found the answer and followed up with me. I honestly don’t know how he put up with me. I felt glad to have him on my side and you would too!

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Thank you for sharing your excellent experience with Zillow Home Loans! We're so glad to hear Troy was able to guide you through your purchase with the exceptional service we strive to give. Welcome to Zillow Home Loans!

Original review: April 16, 2022

For some reason my home was on Zillow with price, current Zillow estimate, selling price etc. They have erased my history and all information stating not enough details. I am not allowed to put in any details to get the information back. I can't seem to find any type of anything to contact them to try to get the history back.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your concerns! Customer Experience will ensure you are contacted for further assistance as soon as possible.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 11, 2022

Although Zillow sold our loan to another company, they continued to bill us for the payments. Really incompetent. Too bad, since prior to the closing of the loan, they could not have been more competent and pleasant with which to work. They also provided a great interest rate. It was just after the loan was closed that problems arose.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Customer Experience, at Zillow Home Loans, will contact the borrower directly regarding their experience to address all their concerns! Thank You!

Zillow Home Loans, LLC Company Information

Public
    Formerly Named:
    Mortgage Lenders of America, L.L.C.
    10975 El Monte St.