View Rates

2. Mortgages

4.2/5 (30 ratings)

About Zillow Home Loans, LLC

Zillow Home Loans, LLC, an affiliate of Zillow Group, Inc., is a rapidly growing national provider of online mortgage lending services across the United States. The company became a Zillow Group company in 2018, and it's committed to delivering a seamless and streamlined mortgage experience. Homebuyers can use the company's advanced technology, competitive rates and transparent process to find a mortgage solution that suits their needs.

Pros

• Online resources
  • Mortgage calculator
  • Competitive interest rates

Cons

• Closings can take a while

Bottom Line

Zillow Home Loans is a lender that offers a variety of loan options with competitive interest rates and refinancing options.

Top Zillow Home Loans, LLC Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I absolutely loved working with Zillow Home Loans… My loan officer, Mike, was wonderful. Always kept me informed, never made me feel like I was wasting my time. ... This company h...

Verified

Mr. Steven ** is the ABSOLUTE BEST Loan Officer EVER!!! He is a true angel on earth with all the knowledge, guidance and comfort any borrower would desire when buying a home. ... ...

What is Zillow Home Loans?

Zillow Home Loans is a mortgage company that provides direct lending services to potential homebuyers. Its website features interest rates and mortgage calculators to help you estimate how much you can afford to spend on a house.

To begin your mortgage search, fill out a short questionnaire on its website to provide information about your income, budget and homebuying process. An experienced loan officer from Zillow Home Loans will then reach out to help you purchase a new home or refinance your existing home. This process does not affect your credit score, and you’re not under any obligation to take a mortgage loan with Zillow.

Some common loan types available with Zillow are:

• 15-year fixed-rate mortgage
  • 30-year fixed-rate mortgage
  • 5/1 adjustable-rate mortgage
  • 7/1 adjustable-rate mortgage
  • VA loan
  • FHA loan
  • Jumbo loan

Zillow mortgage rates

Mortgage rates change frequently and are based on multiple factors, including the type of loan, the size of your down payment and your credit history. To receive an accurate quote for a mortgage through Zillow Home Loans, request a preapproval or speak to one of the company's loan officers. The company also provides sample loan terms on its website.

Zillow Home Loans FAQ

Can I refinance my home with Zillow Home Loans?
Yes, you can receive quotes for home refinancing through Zillow and other local lenders.
What interest rates does Zillow Home Loans have?
Depending on your credit and loan terms, interest rates through Zillow range from 2.650% to 5.250% at the time of publication.
What is the minimum downpayment a mortgage with for Zillow Home Loans?
This depends on the type of loan. For example, a conventional loan requires a minimum down payment of 3%, while an FHA loan requires 3.5%. There are also some programs and grants that allow for $0 down payments.

Is Zillow Home Loans good?

Zillow provides competitive interest rates and a payment calculator. This service is a good choice for those who want multiple loan options, and it offers interest rates ranging from roughly 2.6% to more than 5% at the time of publication. If you’re interested in competitive rates and good customer service, we recommend Zillow Home Loans.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow Home Loans, LLC?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

I had no idea Zillow offered home loans but I'm sure glad I found out! This was my first experience refinancing my home loan and Zillow's staff was outstanding!

At each and every step in the process I was impressed: from the initial call that resulted immediately after I completed the simple form online; to the knowledgeable, friendly, and non-pressure approach Loan Officer, John "JT" **, provided; to the ease of required documentation by Loan Processor, Tiffany **; and finally the document signing was a notary right to my doorstep! Every question was answered by the incredible staff, the whole process from first call to completion took 21 days!

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review Ericka. We're so happy to hear JT and Tiffany were able to take meet your needs with care and efficiency! Welcome to the Zillow Home Loans family!

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 1, 2021

Cristina ** made our first home buying experience amazing! She clearly walked us through all of the steps (repeatedly, when we’d forget, and was happy to do so) and made sure we knew what to expect throughout our home buying process. She responded to our questions and needs extremely quickly (still not sure how she’s always so on top of things, because she is) and was very supportive throughout the process. We are first time home buyers and were clueless to the entire process. We actually enjoyed the entire experience, and we know it’s in large part due to Cristina. We are excited to recommended Zillow to all of our friends and family.

Original review: June 29, 2021

After almost 6 years of renting, a house in our school district that was within my budget comfort and fit all criteria for my family hit the market; however, it was a hot ticket item given the low (affordable) inventory in the area. I knew I needed to secure a pre-approval quickly in order to have my offer considered and have a chance to finally purchase a home.

I submitted an inquiry on the website and within minutes was speaking directly to the mortgage specialist who would ultimately guide me through the entire process through closing and funding. Scott ** was responsive, knowledgeable, and demonstrated a sincere interest in helping me through the mortgage and purchase process. He attentively listened to my frequent ramblings of uncertainties and frustrations of dealing with a FSBO property who hired a last minute agent to handle everything once we were under contract. Scott and the rest of the team at Zillow treated my loan as if it was the only one that mattered, and always worked diligently to help me check off to-do list items, patiently and kindly explaining things to me when I needed guidance.

The entire process, from application to final approval, closing, funding, the Zillow loan team made sure my best interests and financial scenarios were pursued and achieved, efficiently and painlessly. The experience was not always rainbows and butterflies (is buying a home ever so pleasant?) but I was fortunate to be partnered with a group of seasoned mortgage veterans who led the charge and seamlessly carried me across the finish line. Thank you, Scott, Ana, and team, for the superior customer care and an all around incredible experience for my family.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Thank you, Ashely for sharing your experience! We are glad to hear how exceptional Scott was. Welcome to the Zillow Home Loans Family!

Original review: June 21, 2021

Mr. ** was wonderful to work with from start to finish of my mortgage refinance. From the very beginning he was always available to answer my questions and went over and above getting answers for me regarding my unique situation. He frequently called to give me an update as my application worked through the process. The only problem with the whole process was due to the title companies inability to meet their deadline. He keep in touch with them and updated me repeatedly which was much appreciated. He was a delight to work with and his professionalism and knowledge made the entire process a wonderful experience.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Thank you, Margaret for sharing your experience!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

After shopping around for the best interest rate Zillow was offering the same rate as another lender but Zillow was easier and very prompt so I decided to go with them. From the start my entire experience was great!!. Auston was great, and Diana was phenomenal!! Both were very fast and prompt when replying or requesting documentation. The entire refi was done online except the final signing and with the portal was simple and fast. I have to say that I enjoyed the whole experience, I got the rate I wanted fast and easy and Diana was a blast to talk to!! Would totally use Zillow if I ever refinance again. Thank you Auston and Diana!!

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

We are glad to hear what a great experience Auston and Dian provided!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Purchased a home through Zillow. After one day we noticed the lights blink on and off. Electrician then states, the fuse box is outdated. House was built in 1977 thus the new washing machine, dryer, new stove and new refrigerator was too much for the old fuses. Zillow inspected the house, our realtor had an inspection done. NOONE stated that the fuses were outdated and not in code....(was told YOU should have had an inspection by an electrician...umm duhhh). So after paying to get the major fuse replaced and willing to replace other fuses later. Now the next expense is the meter base, it is only 100wts and must be replaced per the electric comp. Well I guess so, because my meter cannot handle the upgrades. Contacted Zillow and was told tough luck buddy. House was sold as-is. As a buyer who knew to look at the fuses and to upgrade the amp on your meter pricey lessons. It makes you want to cuss out every one of these people who sell but keep the knowledge that can assist you in making a better decision.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Zillow Home Loans is committed to providing uncompromised Customer Service to all our borrowers! We appreciate the borrower's feedback, and will be contacting them directly to resolve any issues or concerns. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Customer Experience

Zillow Home Loans

Original review: July 28, 2021

The refi process was painless from appraisal to the cash back at the close of the refi. I felt like I was not bothered by the agent handling it and that they did most of the work not me. I didn't really have time to do this but I made time because they made it easy and the advent of taking cash out at close was attractive with kids starting college next year.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Welcome to the Zillow Home Loans family! We're happy to hear that your experience was exceptional and we were able to take care of your needs.

Original review: July 20, 2021

Zillow Home Loans sold my mortgage 2 months after the refinance. I started to pay the new lender the monthly payments. Zillow then contacts me and tells me that I owe them for two months of payments which I had already paid. I tried getting it cleared up but kept getting the same run around. I finally contacted the Better Business Bureau to assist and I received a response from Zillow that it was their fault and they would clear it up.

After 7 months of dealing with this, I just received a letter in the mail stating that now I owe them $10,000 and they will be foreclosing on the property. They are so disorganized that they have told me numerous times that I need to pay the full amount so that they can turn my loan over to the new provider which I have already been paying payments to for the last 5 months. I have bought a lot of houses in my life and refinanced some as well and this is by far the absolute worst experience I have ever had and don't recommend them to anyone!!!! Horrible company and horrible customer service.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback Melvin. We have closely reviewed your concerns and are addressing them internally. If you would like to discuss any additional concerns, please contact our Customer Experience Team ZHLCustomerExperience@zillowhomeloans.com

Original review: July 13, 2021

Raquel ** was knowledgeable and helpful. She was very speedy and helped in a timely manner. She always answered questions. Raquel made sure that I knew how to answer documents and that I understood what I was signing.

Original review: June 23, 2021

Used Home Loans as my lender and has been the most horrible experience; they never answer on time, the closing was delay several weeks because the third parties that they use were not available. They dragged all the processes for days and we incurred in more expenses due to their delays. I would not recommend Zillow Home Loans.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Yenifer, we pride ourselves in always giving our customers exceptional customer service during the mortgage lending process, therefore, we deeply regret that you have experienced anything less than that. We are looking into your concerns and will address internally. If you would like to speak with a Customer Experience Analyst please reach out to us at ZHLCustomerExperience@zillowhomeloans.com.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC Company Information

Public
    Formerly Named:
    Mortgage Lenders of America, L.L.C.
    10975 El Monte St.