Find a Mortgages partner

2. Mortgages

1.1/5 (91 ratings)
Find a Mortgages partner
Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

About BSI Financial Services

BSI Financial is a loan service provider that specializes in mortgage maintenance. It partners with five different mortgage lenders to help you compare various rates and loan perks. The company’s services are available nationwide, and you can apply for loans through its website.

Pros

• Compares rates from five lenders
  • Bill pay online
  • Available nationwide
  • Online application

Cons

• Limited information on the website
  • Not a direct lender

Bottom Line

BSI Financial is a loan service provider for individuals and businesses. You can pay your bills and manage your mortgage through BSI online. However, the company has limited information about its loans on its website.

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

What is BSI Financial?

BSI Financial is a loan service provider with myriad financial services for individuals and companies. It uses cloud-based technology to promote transparency and financial visibility. BSI focuses on mortgage maintenance but also offers various other financial services, including:

• Asset management
  • Quality control
  • Loan due diligence
  • Loss mitigation

You can access your account, make loan payments and receive insurance quotes through BSI’s website.

How does BSI Financial work?

If you’re looking to apply for a new mortgage loan, you can complete the loan application process on the BSI website. In addition to offering traditional mortgages, BSI also participates in the Making Home Affordable program, which helps borrowers apply for loan modifications. If you’re interested in BSI’s other financial services, contact the company to get started.

BSI Financial rates

Fees for BSI Financial’s mortgage services depend on the amount you borrow and other factors like your locked-in interest rate. However, some of its fees are the same for every borrower, including:

• Appraisal: $350 to $550
  • Flood certification: $8 to $16 per certification
  • Title search: $0 to $500

You can also apply for a home insurance quote through BSI, and if you’re unable to afford the fees associated with your loan, you might be able to get hardship assistance.

BSI Financial FAQ

Where is BSI Financial available?
BSI Financial is based in Pennsylvania and Texas. However, its services are available throughout the U.S.
What kinds of loans does BSI Financial offer?
BSI Financial services performing and non-performing loans, focusing specifically on mortgage loans. You can have your home loans transferred to BSI and begin paying the company within 10 to 15 days of the transfer notification.
How long does it take to get approved for a loan with BSI Financial?
Since BSI Financial has access to five different lenders, you can expect to receive approval or an answer in between 48 hours and five business days. This time range will vary based on your application info.

Is BSI Financial legit?

BSI Financial is a legitimate company that offers several loan and financial services for individuals and companies. You can manage your loans and apply for new loans online with BSI. However, its website doesn’t offer a lot of information about its loans, which can make finding rates and the right loans difficult. Additionally, the majority of its customer reviews are negative in nature.

BSI Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BSI Financial Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BSI Financial Services?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: July 19, 2021

BSI financial one of the WORST companies you can have your mortgage with. Customer service, supervisors, managers absolutely incompetent. I have left message for Monica, she is a supervisor/ manager a 10 business days ago, on the issue from September of 2020(!), no call back (they claim, it will take 48 hours), we are as of today at 88 hours and counting. And there are people in customer service like Mr. **, who absolutely should be kept away from humans at all times. It is a mystery to me how they are still in business...

Good Morning Robert,

I'm sorry to read about your experience with this situation. I'd like to assist you in resolving this matter. Please send me your name, account number, property address and best contact number. I'll have a call made to you upon your reply.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: July 13, 2021

I've experienced very similar problems to other people who have reviewed BSI on this website. Mortgage was sold by Zillow to BSI after 2 mortgage payments were already made to Zillow. BSI does not acknowledge these 2 mortgage payments (I have the electronic checks in my Wells Fargo Checking account proving that the payments were processed by Zillow 3 weeks prior to the due date). BSI shows my mortgage as past due, when it is actually paid 1 month ahead. No return phone calls from BSI.

Good Morning Rick,

Daniel Montez

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 9, 2021

This department is the most unprofessional group I have ever encountered. From a complete lack of understanding of if a loan does, or does not, have a UCC filing, to being non-responsive, to delays, to mistakes, to poor communication, to absolutely no proactive service; their lack of recognizing the value of a customer is astounding. For over 90 days we've been trying to have our loan subordination processed and approved to refinance our home with our primary lender. We are at risk of losing our lower interest rate due to this department holding our loan subordination hostage. This blackhole needs to be examined by BSI Sr. Management immediately.

Generally the customer service for the loan servicing is excellent, but this department seems to have absolutely no governance or oversight. You cannot reach a manager, or any POC via phone and they are pitifully slow to respond to email. BSI purchased our loan so this was not our choice to do business with them. I would never recommend this company.

Good Morning Paula,

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 6, 2021

Updated on 07/14/2021: They responded to my review to make it look like they were going to fix my account but the PR specialist on here has still yet to contact us so it's all lip service to appear like they're reacting to complaints. Don't be fooled, worst of the worst companies out there

Original Review: Our mortgage was transferred to this company shortly before we listed our house for sale and they've been a nightmare to work with compared to our previous mortgage company. Phone calls go straight to voice mail, emails are unanswered for weeks until you send multiple emails and then the answered provided are generic form answered to questions you didn't even ask. Getting any assistance has been a nightmare and we're now almost 45 days in to the prices still trying to get a single piece of paper from them to complete the sale and still nowhere. I've worked with 4 contacts at this company and all were less receptive than the previous representative,

I'm convinced this company exists solely to try and force foreclosures on the homeowners whose mortgages they hold, a simple Google search will confirm I'm not the only one saying this among their customers and they've been successful in doing so to many homeowners. Wish there was a recourse to doing business with this company but unfortunately it seems we're stuck with them until they decide to do the right thing or can successfully steal our house out from under us with their deceptive practices.

Good Morning Pete,

Daniel Montez

Original review: June 29, 2021

Absolutely horrible company to deal with. I am now on my 5th point of contact, and none of them have given consistent answers to my questions. I've never received a return phone call from them despite leaving numerous messages for each of them. The only time I am able to speak to someone is when I call and ask to speak to literally anyone else since my P.O.C are always "on another call" or "away from their desk". It's almost worth refinancing my mortgage just so I don't have to deal with BSI for a while. How they remain in business is a true mystery.

Good Morning,

Daniel Montez

Original review: June 23, 2021

This mortgage company is horrible. They don't post your payments then when you send proof to them they tell you it's not good enough proof and make you do a modification to your loan and incur thousands of dollars in fees and raise your interest rate and even after you do a modification and never miss a payment make the payments thru Western Union so that Western Union can get involved when they say you have not made payment cause they gonna try everything they can to take your house. It's a joke and they should be fined thousands of dollars and put out of business but as long as people keep using them as a mortgage company they will exist. DO NOT DO IT. DO NOT FINANCE WITH THEM. THEY LIE THEY STEAL AND THEY ARE JUST HORRIBLE PEOPLE. They don't care that they try to take a home from a veteran that fought for this country that makes his payments every single month on time. A true shame!!! Be warned. They are horrible.

Good Morning,

Daniel Montez

Original review: June 21, 2021

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with.. They bought out my loan 3 months ago and I have had to call them after each payment...they can NEVER get my acc't number right and charge a late fee even though I pay it a week early...have them read my number back and I still get a letter saying it is late because of wrong bank acc't number...

Good Morning Nina,

Daniel Montez

Original review: June 20, 2021

We had some damage to our home after several storms and filed a claim on our homeowner's insurance to get it fixed..Because the damage was over $5000 BSI had to be notified..However, when we received the check it was made out to us and BSI, per their instructions. Now, after giving them everything they have asked for, we still have not gotten our house fixed because they will not release our money. Every time I talk to them, there is another excuse as to why. This has been going on since Oct of 2020. If I had to choose between BSI again or living under a bridge, it would be the bridge. I did report them to the Texas Attorney General. They have no right to hold money that never belonged to them and in the meantime, the damage to my house has gotten worse. I would love to see them shut down permanently!

Good Morning Susane,

Daniel Montez

Original review: April 30, 2021

I experienced the exact same problem as Matthew below. This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. I don't understand how hard it is for any of the account managers to get back to you. I have called, left voice messages and emailed numerous times over the past SIX MONTHS and they just don't get back to you. When you call customer service no one knows anything nor can they do anything to help you. My loan was supposed to come off of the forbearance over SIX MONTHS AGO and they still have not adjusted my account. I cannot stress enough how horrible this company is.

Good Morning Shiran,

Daniel Montez

Original review: April 25, 2021

We applied for a loan modification back in February. We were told that it would take about 5-10 business days to get an answer. We still have not heard from anyone yet. We have called several several times, left messages, emailed people and cannot get anyone to call us back. When we call customer service all they say is, "We will transfer your call to your point of contact." Well...that gets me nowhere because they will not call me back. I don't know what to do. We spent several days gathering up all the info that they needed and you would think they would at least call me back. Worst mortgage company ever. I can see why others only give it one star.

Good Morning Tonya,