1.1/5 (69 ratings)
Find a Mortgages partner

Find Mortgage Lenders partners near you

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

About BSI Financial Services

BSI Financial is a loan service provider that specializes in mortgage maintenance. It partners with five different mortgage lenders to help you compare various rates and loan perks. The company’s services are available nationwide, and you can apply for loans through its website.

Find Mortgage Lenders partners near you

Pros

• Compares rates from five lenders
    • Bill pay online
    • Available nationwide
    • Online application

Cons

• Limited information on the website
    • Not a direct lender

Bottom Line

BSI Financial is a loan service provider for individuals and businesses. You can pay your bills and manage your mortgage through BSI online. However, the company has limited information about its loans on its website.

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

What is BSI Financial?

BSI Financial is a loan service provider with myriad financial services for individuals and companies. It uses cloud-based technology to promote transparency and financial visibility. BSI focuses on mortgage maintenance but also offers various other financial services, including:

• Asset management
    • Quality control
    • Loan due diligence
    • Loss mitigation

You can access your account, make loan payments and receive insurance quotes through BSI’s website.

How does BSI Financial work?

If you’re looking to apply for a new mortgage loan, you can complete the loan application process on the BSI website. In addition to offering traditional mortgages, BSI also participates in the Making Home Affordable program, which helps borrowers apply for loan modifications. If you’re interested in BSI’s other financial services, contact the company to get started.

BSI Financial rates

Fees for BSI Financial’s mortgage services depend on the amount you borrow and other factors like your locked-in interest rate. However, some of its fees are the same for every borrower, including:

• Appraisal: $350 to $550
    • Flood certification: $8 to $16 per certification
    • Title search: $0 to $500

You can also apply for a home insurance quote through BSI, and if you’re unable to afford the fees associated with your loan, you might be able to get hardship assistance.

BSI Financial FAQ

Where is BSI Financial available?

BSI Financial is based in Pennsylvania and Texas. However, its services are available throughout the U.S.

What kinds of loans does BSI Financial offer?

BSI Financial services performing and non-performing loans, focusing specifically on mortgage loans. You can have your home loans transferred to BSI and begin paying the company within 10 to 15 days of the transfer notification.

How long does it take to get approved for a loan with BSI Financial?

Since BSI Financial has access to five different lenders, you can expect to receive approval or an answer in between 48 hours and five business days. This time range will vary based on your application info.

Is BSI Financial legit?

BSI Financial is a legitimate company that offers several loan and financial services for individuals and companies. You can manage your loans and apply for new loans online with BSI. However, its website doesn’t offer a lot of information about its loans, which can make finding rates and the right loans difficult. Additionally, the majority of its customer reviews are negative in nature.

BSI Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BSI Financial Services?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about BSI Financial Services?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 15, 2022

BSI acquired our mortgage shortly after our COVID deferral was completed. They insist they don't have a copy of that paperwork and will get it sorted out "soon." Meanwhile it's been 15 months, our mortgage shows it's almost 2 years overdue, we have to keep contesting hits to our credit, and calls to customer service are like talking to a brick wall. What do I have to do to get this resolved?

Good Morning Brady,

I'm sorry to read about your experience with this situation. I'd like to assist you in resolving this matter. I'm unable to read your name and address due to the small font. Please send me your name, account number, property address, and best contact number. I'll have a call made to you upon your reply.

AVP of Customer Service

Original review: May 9, 2022

Stay away from this institution if you can. They overcharged me thousands of dollars claiming escrow shortage they could never explain. Mind you I always made my monthly payments. They are supposed to send me a surplus which they have not claiming they are revising again to try and steal that also. They placed me on forbearance without notice when I never stopped paying destroying mine & daughters credit. charged all this late fees that should not be because I sent the payment every month so don't even understand why the forbearance I never applied for.

No one ever has information when you finally reach them, they are clueless, they never leave proper notes on accounts so the reps know what is going on. It's the only institution who doesn't have reps in escrow to explain escrow issues. One calls the 800 number and the reps has to reach out to different departures via message or emails and wait for replies. They have been sued and fined (not enough $$) as they continue this unorthodox practice in taking millions of dollars from homeowners!

Good Morning Juanita,

AVP of Customer Service

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2022

I'm not even sure where to start but found out through another mortgage company that BSI doesn't even report on their customers correctly. I have been trying to get my past 24 month transaction history only to find out they reported it mostly wrong! On another issue, my payment in March 2021 was reported as un-applied. It set up-applied for over 9 months. When doing a third verification with me on the phone they had the nerve to tell them that I was a month behind on my payments. How many one-star reviews can one company get?

Good Morning Alan,

AVP of Customer Service

Original review: April 19, 2022

Please stay away from this company. I'm not sure how I ended up with them but I think I was transferred from one company to this one. They do not answer phone calls, emails, voicemails, etc. I was on a forbearance during COVID-19 for a few months. I have now been making steady mortgage payments however they are still showing on my credit score that I am past due on all my payments which is affecting my credit score and refinancing options. I cannot get ahold of anybody to help me. I've put in a complaint to the CFPB to hopefully help.

Good Morning Miranda,

AVP of Customer Service

Original review: April 18, 2022

BSI failed to pay the first half of my taxes in December 2021 and I paid out of pocket to avoid penalties. I notified them and requested a refund from my escrow account for the tax amount and they sent me communication that it would be processed but it never was. The money is still in my escrow account. I contacted customer service a few days before the second payment due due in April, and was very rudely told that they will not pay until the delinquency date 5/10 which means if they pay it this time, the check will arrive after the delinquency date causing my account to incur fees. I filed a complaint with CFPB and the response from BSI was a lie. They told CFPB they paid my taxes back in December when no payments were made from my account. They also told CFPB that the due date is 5/10 which is also a lie. The due date for the second payment was 4/10, the delinquency date is 5/10.

I’m incredibly frustrated with this company. Unfortunately my mortgage was sold to them so I’m stuck. I’ve had to contact them a few times to get them to update my account information to reflect recent payments, and they won’t pay my property taxes. They also refuse to dissolve my escrow account so I can handle it myself. Run as far away from BSI as you can. This company is unprofessional and unethical. If my property tax is not paid before the delinquency date, I will be contacting a housing counselor.

Good Morning Kimberly,

AVP of Customer Service

Original review: April 13, 2022

I as many others was transferred to this company. I've had issues with them since October of 2021. Without my persistent phones calls and help of my lawyer they would have still been charging me almost 300 dollars more than my original payment. The representatives I speak to act clueless to the fact that I have called over all the issues each time I've called and I clearly state to them each time to make a note in my account. I have had only one person out of the multiple people I've spoke to actually fix anything on my account with urgency. They don't give a care in the world about their customers because at the end of the day they still get paid and a roof over their heads. This made my first home-owning experience the worst. Makes me never want to buy a home again. Do not recommend this place to anyone! I am looking into refinancing through somewhere.

Good Morning Brittany,

AVP of Customer Service

Original review: April 7, 2022

I just found out my property taxes have not been paid. I tried to contact them and they said they escalated the issue but no one has gotten back to me, they were suppose to be paid in Dec 2021 and nothing. Now the other half is due for April and they still have not paid. I can't reach anyone with a true answer. I am about to meet with a lawyer about this. I have always paid on time and they are just playing with people.

Good Morning Jennifer,

AVP of Customer Service

Original review: March 29, 2022

I have inquired about why I have over $2000 in fees beyond my monthly and always paid on time mortgage. I have names, dates and times of the people I have spoken with. I sent an email through my account on the BSI website. No one has responded and no one can explain where these fees came from or why they exist. I have no debt other than this. I have an excellent credit score. I always pay every bill I receive on time. I thought I would post this on this site before I get the CFPB involved. That is clearly the next step after months of frustrating conversations with someone telling me they will get back to me in 5 days. My details of this are in the email sent via my BSI account. This is affecting my credit score for NO REASON whatsoever.

Good Morning Peter,

I'm sorry to read about your experience with this situation. I'd like to assist you in resolving this matter. I'm unable to read your name and address due to the small font. Please send me your name, account number, property address and best contact number. I'll have a call made to you upon your reply.

AVP of Customer Service

Original review: March 25, 2022

Auto payment failed, I have tried contacting BSI via email. With no response. I am trying to pay my mortgage and get my auto payment set up properly. It’s been over a week now and no response to the emails. Instead they made me sign up for some online secure emailing server. And I have made 0 progress on this issue.

Good Morning George,

Resolution response: March 17, 2022

Jonathan, from BSI Financial services looked into it promptly, and provided the quick assistance to resolve it. I appreciate this was taken on priority now. It would have been nice, if I could have got same level of service from customer support before. Thanks.

Original review: March 15, 2022

BSI Financial failed to pay the property taxes on time. This resulted in the lien on the property title records. They eventually paid the tax, but didn't clear the lien. I need lien clearance for some other work, but BSI Financial aren't providing the certificate. They never respond back to the emails, and on call agent forward the request internally, which aren't looked into. This has impacted my other credit application. I wish my loan wasn't transferred to BSI Financial.

Good Morning Atul,

AVP of Customer Service

Take a Mortgage Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

BSI Financial Services Company Information