3.5/5 (277 ratings)
Find a Mortgages partner
Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

About BSI Financial Services

BSI Financial is a loan service provider that specializes in mortgage maintenance. It partners with five different mortgage lenders to help you compare various rates and loan perks. The company’s services are available nationwide, and you can apply for loans through its website.

Pros

• Compares rates from five lenders
  • Bill pay online
  • Available nationwide
  • Online application

Cons

• Limited information on the website
  • Not a direct lender

Bottom Line

BSI Financial is a loan service provider for individuals and businesses. You can pay your bills and manage your mortgage through BSI online. However, the company has limited information about its loans on its website.

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

What is BSI Financial?

BSI Financial is a loan service provider with myriad financial services for individuals and companies. It uses cloud-based technology to promote transparency and financial visibility. BSI focuses on mortgage maintenance but also offers various other financial services, including:

• Asset management
  • Quality control
  • Loan due diligence
  • Loss mitigation

You can access your account, make loan payments and receive insurance quotes through BSI’s website.

How does BSI Financial work?

If you’re looking to apply for a new mortgage loan, you can complete the loan application process on the BSI website. In addition to offering traditional mortgages, BSI also participates in the Making Home Affordable program, which helps borrowers apply for loan modifications. If you’re interested in BSI’s other financial services, contact the company to get started.

BSI Financial rates

Fees for BSI Financial’s mortgage services depend on the amount you borrow and other factors like your locked-in interest rate. However, some of its fees are the same for every borrower, including:

• Appraisal: $350 to $550
  • Flood certification: $8 to $16 per certification
  • Title search: $0 to $500

You can also apply for a home insurance quote through BSI, and if you’re unable to afford the fees associated with your loan, you might be able to get hardship assistance.

BSI Financial FAQ

Where is BSI Financial available?

BSI Financial is based in Pennsylvania and Texas. However, its services are available throughout the U.S.

What kinds of loans does BSI Financial offer?

BSI Financial services performing and non-performing loans, focusing specifically on mortgage loans. You can have your home loans transferred to BSI and begin paying the company within 10 to 15 days of the transfer notification.

How long does it take to get approved for a loan with BSI Financial?

Since BSI Financial has access to five different lenders, you can expect to receive approval or an answer in between 48 hours and five business days. This time range will vary based on your application info.

Is BSI Financial legit?

BSI Financial is a legitimate company that offers several loan and financial services for individuals and companies. You can manage your loans and apply for new loans online with BSI. However, its website doesn’t offer a lot of information about its loans, which can make finding rates and the right loans difficult. Additionally, the majority of its customer reviews are negative in nature.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BSI Financial Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BSI Financial Services?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

This company has by far the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. Reached out 4 times since I received my supplemental taxes with a excess of over 8K sitting in my escrow account. My original finance company accounted to the T what my taxes would be so the 8k excess was exactly meant to cover this exact scenario and would easily cover my tax bill but couldn’t and still haven’t received any help!

Got a waste of time call from someone in a different department who had no idea what she was talking about and when I asked to speak to the right department she said they don’t do phone calls to email them. I’ve since emailed 3 times with not so much as a response, have called back 3 more times to speak with a manager who would supposedly call me at a later time who never did. I’ve received no help and their customer service is complete garbage. Wish Zillow never sold my loan to such a low budget company, save your time, sanity and money and go elsewhere.

Good morning David,

I am sorry to read about your experience with this situation. I'd like to assist you in resolving this matter. I can tell you now that in most cases the homeowner is responsible for supplemental taxes. It is very rare that these taxes are included in your escrow. Please send me your name, account number, property address, and best contact number. I'll have a call made to you upon your reply.

AVP

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

If your loan gets sold to BSI please do whatever you can to get away from them! My mortgage was sold to BSI back in December 2021. A loan modification was put in place by my former mortgage carrier, as to which BSI has to comply. However, they have not complied with the terms of the modification. Instead their response was they never received the paperwork from my former mortgage carrier. That's a total lie since I tracked the package containing the paperwork to the front office of BSI in Irving Texas back in December 2021.

When I tell them this I am put on ignore. Most all my calls go to voice mail, and nobody ever calls back. I even emailed BSI a copy of the paperwork from my loan modification back in February this year. Still no response, even though I have been paying (and they are accepting) the monthly payments as put forth in the loan modification. I also, just found out today BSI never used any of the money from my payments towards my escrow account, which is how they are now trying to double my monthly payment saying there is a shortage in my escrow. How can a company commit fraud over and over, but still be in business?? Something needs to be put in place to get myself and the other thousands of individuals out of the evil clutches of BSI. >:(

Good morning,

I am sorry to read about your experience with this situation. I'd like to assist you in resolving this matter. Please send me your name, account number, property address, and best contact number. I'll have a call made to you upon your reply.

AVP

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: Aug. 24, 2022

Received email from management and received a call from one of the reps who explained everything to me in details. They have waived all late fees. And we made some changes. Hopefully this makes things better in the future.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

I am completely frustrated with this company, my current mortgage loan company. I've been on communication with different reps since July about my account. It says I'm past due and my bank statements state that I've been paying bi weekly. And it all started because I was double charged. Last time I spoke to someone the beginning of this month, I was told the past due has been resolved and I will be up to date. I look at my account and it says past due and now it's affecting my credit score. I am requesting communication via email because all this is done by phone with no documentations in my end. I have to write everything down. I am frustrated because this makes me look bad as a customer that I'm not paying when truth is I am paying bi weekly. And I have bank statements to prove it. I would like this fixed immediately and for me to have some answers via email. I've sent multiple emails.

Resolution response: Sept. 1, 2022

The company finally responded back to me, sad it took posting reviews to get responses. I then had to show proof of my credit being affected by their reporting as they weren’t showing in their system. Thankfully it was corrected before it affected our refinance.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

We had to do a forbearance on our mortgage thanks to COVID. It wasn’t suppose to be reported to our credit and the amount was to be added on to the end of the loan. When it came time to start paying again they reported the entire past due amount to our credit and won’t call back or give you status updates for an error on their end and no communication between their own departments.

AVP

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

My loan was sold to these guys and I found out very late, went online (7/11) to schedule a bi-weekly autopay. I am checking today and the entire amount shows as past due. When I tried to explain that their website does not explain anything having to be done manually when setting payments up, the agent didn't care. I am glad I checked or they would have posted a late payment against me, even though their system screwed up - had to make an additional one-time payment - it would have been nice if the website had alerted you to that... Not happy!

AVP

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

I have called over 5 times and they have no idea how to answer any questions. I have asked numerous times and Jonathan ** always says he will call me back, and it has been 2+ weeks and have not heard back. The person I spoke with for the 5th time, mentioned he would call me back, but couldn't confirm a time. I mentioned I have a busy schedule and need to know a time, I never heard back. The person on the phone, mentioned they cannot keep me on hold, so now, I am asking the dumbest questions to wait until Jonathan can reply to the lady on the phone whom I am talking to, to give a time that he can call me back. If a manager can please, please, please call me at ** that would be greatly appreciated. P.S. RUN and CHANGE lender as fast as possible.

AVP

Original review: July 26, 2022

IF YOUR LOAN IS SOLD TO THIS COMPANY GET OUT IN ANY WAY YOU POSSIBLY CAN! To say our experience with BSI has been a nightmare is a complete understatement. Our loan was sold to BSI at the beginning of 2021. We started receiving communication from BSI that our payments were incorrect and BSI was going to "re-do" our loan modification from our previous mortgage lender.

We found this confusing, because our previous mortgage lender told us our loan modification we had been doing with them would roll over and continue with our NEW mortgage lender (BSI). For BSI to tell us that they had to "re-do" our modification was the beginning of this nightmare. Since March of 2021 we had received little to NO communication from BSI about what is happening with our loan. Anytime we call we were told that our Account Manager was "on lunch" or "not available" no matter what day of the week or time of day. We were finally given the email of our Account Manager and after emailing her, we finally were told that "they were looking for options for us" and they would send us an update.

This continued all the way up until Jan of 2022. We were told during this time, to not make a payment on our mortgage as our mortgage was "protected" as we were in the process of a NEW loan modification. We called around March 2022 to see if we could receive an update, and we were told we had a new Account Manager and that they had made a decision on our loan without communicating to us and without sending ANY information or paperwork. To this day we still have not received paperwork for this so called "new modification" that was supposedly created without our knowledge. We were recently told that any and all loan modification paperwork including from our previous Mortgage Lender is LOST or was NEVER received.

This was told to us after our previous Account Manager for BSI had CONFIRMED with us that they had received and were processing our completed modification with the previous lender. Any time we received any communication whether that be from Customer Service or Account Manager we were given different start dates of this supposed new Loan Modification as well as different prices for our new mortgage. This has made us feel we CANNOT trust this company with our money and our home. To date, we still have not had any contract paperwork or communication sent to us and are in a "waiting period". This company is disturbing and ruining individuals' and families' livelihoods and shelter. They do not care about you! They just want your money, legally or not. We are looking into getting the law involved here soon.

Management

Original review: July 25, 2022

Since Jan 2022 I have been trying to work with BSI to remove the PMI. They requested that I submit it in writing along with a full appraisal report. The appraisal came back showing that was at 80% loan to value. After zero response from this company I started to call them almost every other day. They are absolutely horrible. Never do they return a phone call. On May I made a principal reduction of $8,000 to have my loan at 78% loan to value and they would have to automatically remove the PMI. I finally learned last week that they denied my request and rejected the appraisal report. The only reason they gave me is that I had not provided any documentation showing any home improvements.

Although I continue to informing them that I did not purchase a resale home. I bought a new construction town home. How does one upgrade new construction??? I obtained all of the upgrades the builder had to offer including picking the last corner lot. Which if they were smart they would know that the corner lots costs more. Why would I purchase a new construction only to turn around and remodel it??? I am unable to refinance the property only because the interest rates are currently higher than what I have. In 2019 the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau announced a settlement with BSI.

Management

Original review: July 19, 2022

Escrow refund check was issued wrong. Tried depositing it and my bank can't accept it. Called them 4 times since 7/7/2022 and they keep saying that they sent email to their cashier dept, but no resolve.

Management

Original review: July 13, 2022

Received a letter regarding mortgage from BSI, became concerned. Called Wells Fargo as we thought they sold our loan. They did not. Our loan was still with Wells Fargo. Called BSI and they said we had to pay and had all our information. I asked how they got this and what was going on. Was told our home was being foreclosed if we didn’t pay balance owed. That we had one year to pay and and they needed financial information. This company is a fraud and has illegal processes.

Good Morning Amber,

I am sorry to read about your experience with this situation. I'd like to have further details regarding this matter. Please call 1-800-327-7861 and ask for me personally.

BSI Financial Services Company Information