2. Mortgages

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.15/5

BSI Financial is a loan service provider that specializes in mortgage maintenance. It partners with five different mortgage lenders to help you compare various rates and loan perks. The company’s services are available nationwide, and you can apply for loans through its website.

BOTTOM LINE

BSI Financial is a loan service provider for individuals and businesses. You can pay your bills and manage your mortgage through BSI online. However, the company has limited information about its loans on its website.

PROS

• Compares rates from five lenders
  • Bill pay online
  • Available nationwide
  • Online application

CONS

• Limited information on the website
  • Not a direct lender
Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

What is BSI Financial?

BSI Financial is a loan service provider with myriad financial services for individuals and companies. It uses cloud-based technology to promote transparency and financial visibility. BSI focuses on mortgage maintenance but also offers various other financial services, including:

• Asset management
    • Quality control
    • Loan due diligence
    • Loss mitigation

You can access your account, make loan payments and receive insurance quotes through BSI’s website.

How does BSI Financial work?

If you’re looking to apply for a new mortgage loan, you can complete the loan application process on the BSI website. In addition to offering traditional mortgages, BSI also participates in the Making Home Affordable program, which helps borrowers apply for loan modifications. If you’re interested in BSI’s other financial services, contact the company to get started.

BSI Financial rates

Fees for BSI Financial’s mortgage services depend on the amount you borrow and other factors like your locked-in interest rate. However, some of its fees are the same for every borrower, including:

• Appraisal: $350 to $550
    • Flood certification: $8 to $16 per certification
    • Title search: $0 to $500

You can also apply for a home insurance quote through BSI, and if you’re unable to afford the fees associated with your loan, you might be able to get hardship assistance.

BSI Financial FAQ

Where is BSI Financial available?
    BSI Financial is based in Pennsylvania and Texas. However, its services are available throughout the U.S.
    What kinds of loans does BSI Financial offer?
    BSI Financial services performing and non-performing loans, focusing specifically on mortgage loans. You can have your home loans transferred to BSI and begin paying the company within 10 to 15 days of the transfer notification.
    How long does it take to get approved for a loan with BSI Financial?
    Since BSI Financial has access to five different lenders, you can expect to receive approval or an answer in between 48 hours and five business days. This time range will vary based on your application info.

Is BSI Financial legit?

BSI Financial is a legitimate company that offers several loan and financial services for individuals and companies. You can manage your loans and apply for new loans online with BSI. However, its website doesn’t offer a lot of information about its loans, which can make finding rates and the right loans difficult. Additionally, the majority of its customer reviews are negative in nature.

BSI Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BSI Financial Services?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about BSI Financial Services?

Original review: March 24, 2021

The service that this company provides is poor. I had an escrow analysis performed on March 16th and here it is March 24th and nobody can give me any results. I have been on the phone with a representative for over 50 odd minutes waiting on a supervisor and no supervisor have took the call yet. They seem to never receive fax nor emails unless you fax or email multiple times. I will I could eat them in the NEGATIVES because that what it would be.

Good Morning,

I'm sorry to read about your experience with this situation. You and I spoke this morning and I'm addressing this issue.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: March 18, 2021

Jan 5th - Called and spoke to Lasandra to update our account. Was told 30-60 to get the updates made. Feb 5th - Called to get an update - Updates are still in progress. No update available. March 5th - Called Lasandra left several messages. Called spoke to customer service who said there has been no action or updates on the account. March 6th - Called and left two more messages with Lasandra to call me with an update. Never received a call back. March 6th - Called and requested to have a manager contact me. Was told they were all in a meeting and will have someone call me back in 24-48 hours. 24-48 came and went! No call from anyone.

March 17th- Called and spoke to customer service who said request for update had JUST been requested on March 8th and would take 30-60 days. Request to speak to a manager. Was told no one available and will forward me to the voice mail of Lori **! Message left. March 18th. Another message for both Lasandra and Lori. This is beyond ridiculous!

Good Morning,

I'm sorry to read about your experience with this situation. I'd like to assist you in resolving this matter. Please send me your name, account number, property address and best contact number. I'll have a call made to you upon your reply.

Daniel Montez

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: March 26, 2021

After posting the review on here a knowledgeable person from the company worked on the issues for a couple weeks contacting me here and there. I think things are finally almost cleared up just waiting on the late fees that I shouldn't have received to be taken off. Even she had a few issues figuring out why things were the way they were on my account. I don't understand why their system is so difficult and why everything has to go through so many people to be eventually fixed. But Christy helped a ton.

Original review: March 16, 2021

I have had the worst experience with this company. They literally take forever and tons of phone calls for anything to be fixed when things shouldn't have been messed up in the first place. I had issues a couple months ago that took a month off me calling every week to get it fixed and half the time received attitude or lack of knowledge from customer service. And now once again my escrow account is messed up in being charged more monthly than I should and late fees every month even though I'm on forbearance and have told them probably 8 different times I shouldn't have fees and they don't do anything, I can't even connect with a supervisor today. I'm beyond sick of it. I just want it fixed.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: March 16, 2021

I refinanced, paid my property taxes, my loan went from 1400 to 2800 a month. I've called several times and keep getting told that they will make it a priority, yet still haven’t heard anything back. I wish I would’ve never refinanced! This business is horrible and shady... I need answers now!!!! Is there any lawyers who can help me?

Resolution response: March 23, 2021

BSI sent a response after 2 days the complaint has been published. Waited for couple days and received a call from BSI but missed the call. Called back BSI and the person I talked to is helpful and put my account on the list that needed help on the issue and promise the problem will be resolved on 3/22/2021. Check my account yesterday and it show property tax has been paid out of the Escrow account, hope everything went well.

Original review: March 11, 2021

This is the worst mortgage company I have ever had, non-responsive and unprofessional. Contacted them on 2/11/2021 about a past due notice on property tax and email the notice to the Tax Department, the person I contacted said it will be escalated and resolve. Check back in March and see no payment made for the property tax. Call them again and said they received my email and the Past Due Notice and it has been escalated. I check and see I have more than enough to pay the property tax in the escrow account. No schedule on when are they going to pay the property tax and who is going to be responsible for the interest for the late payment. I would like to file a complaint against them. What is the reason they are holding money on my escrow account and not paying the property tax?

Daniel Montez

Original review: March 8, 2021

After calling them multiple times to have them pay my homeowners insurance they never submitted payment. My homeowners insurance has lapsed. I don’t understand how this company allowed to handle my mortgage. All they had to do is take my money and pay the taxes/insurance. They can’t do that correctly.

Daniel Montez

Original review: March 5, 2021

This is the WORST loan services company so far. I have more than 20 loan accounts with different loan services companies, three of them are serviced by BSI Financial. They made mistakes on two of the three accounts. The first one, it took numerous calls more than 2 months for them to fix the error. I had to contact the director of my lender, and then had him contact BSI's director to get it fixed and issue me the refund.

For the second error on another account, it's a $1,466 mistake on interest I paid. I called them on Feb 15, 2021. I have talked to them in 5 calls, spent more than 7 hours on the phone, left 3 messages, it has been 3 weeks now and they are still 'looking into it' and need to 'discuss with a different department' to find out the answer. They also agreed two times to call me back to update the status, but they never did. I have to call again and spent another hour to tell them what the problem is. I just requested a call back the third time and am still waiting for resolution. I will choose another lender if the loan is going to be serviced by BSI financial.

Daniel Montez

Original review: March 4, 2021

This company is servicing my Mortgage and they are horrible. Our Title Company has requested payoff documents. Over three weeks they have not responded. Their website is not working. Their staff when you call them are like Lily Tomlin in the famous AT&T comedic episode where she simply states - "We don't care." - it is like dealing with parasites on the other end.

Daniel Montez

Original review: March 3, 2021

I would like to share my experience with this company. This is the worst mortgage company I have ever had, unprofessional, all the representative they have the same script to follow. "Please call next few days" and never solved any issues. I would like to share this website to file a complaint against them **.

Daniel Montez

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

I have called 3 times and sent tax bills since Jan 2021 and as of 2/27/2021 property taxes have not been paid. I called again on 2/27/2021. Penalties and fees are accumulating. Extremely dissatisfied with BSI and very concerned! Large balance in escrow account but taxes delinquent. I pay my mortgage on-time every month and expect BSI to pay my property taxes on-time.

BSI Financial Services Company Information