1.22/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

BSI Financial Services

Looking for a mortgage lender?

BSI Financial Services Reviews

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

We are refinancing our current loan (held with BSI) with another company and called BSI to ask that our property taxes (held in escrow) go ahead and be paid so that we can close on time and not have to bring that same amount to close. The bill is with BSI and so are the funds. BSI is refusing to do with our money what we have asked of them. All I've been told by the "supervisor" is the property taxes are paid in bulk and they will not pay them earlier than the "due date" even at the request of the borrower/customer. Nor does it matter that paying them earlier than the "due date" is in the best interest of the customer. They are offering to do what they HAVE to do once we close which is to refund our escrow back to us. That's not what I'm asking. I'm asking that they go ahead and pay a bill with the money sitting in our escrow account marked to pay that bill!!!

We are leaving this company anyway. I don't understand why they will not just do what we've requested them to do with OUR MONEY. Property tax bills are actually due upon receipt (which they have received) but do have a "pay by date" typically a couple of months from mail out to give owners time to gather what might be needed. This company is ridiculous and we will never again bring them our business. Nor will we recommend them to anyone needing any type of service they provide. This is our last month with them and any interest $$ at all that they might gain from having our account is minimal. Our request is not out of the ordinary. Other companies allow it. Why not them? They are receiving one star only because leaving all stars unmarked does not allow for any captions or warnings.

Mrs. Unsicker

My apologies that your experience has not been positive with BSI. I personally spoke with you yesterday in regards to this matter. I apologize that we do not pay taxes early upon request. Please look into the options I provided you and they should resolve your issue with your refinance.

Resolution response: Oct. 31, 2019

I was contacted by Veronica at BSI Financial and they were able to work with me and they were very helpful, friendly, and courteous. I thank them for their services.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Here's my dilemma. I have to have surgery and to keep my finances in order during my 4-week recovery, I decided to reach out to BSI Financial who is my current lender (not by choice), for assistance with my upcoming mortgage payment. Listed on their website, they state under the Financial Hardship section that if you are in danger of missing or making a late payment, contact them. They list all these solutions such as Repayment Plans, Forbearance, etc. I contacted them the day after I found out I need to have surgery. I waited a week for Veronica to call me back. She never did.

I called and was allowed to leave her a message. Never received a call back. I then got ahold of a different department and the rep I spoke with tracked her down because that rep felt it was important enough to track her down. Veronica then sends a message through the rep to let me know they can't help me. It would've been really helpful if I had that information a week ago. So do not contact them to help. Be very surprised if you even receive a callback. I gave them 1-star because I had to give them something. In my opinion, I don't feel they deserve 1-star and that is the lowest rating.

Good Morning Lametrice,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced. I would be happy to discuss your concerns further. Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 for additional assistance. You can also contact me personally and I will be more than happy to assist. Please note that we are a loan servicer, your situation would be reviewed and considered by the Investor whom owns your note.

Management

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I have ask BSI to provide me with a statement of my account and was told they can’t provide that information. They expect you to pay but don’t request a statement. Continue to add more and more fees every day. Want a statement to pay off and never deal with them again.

Hi Nicole,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced. There are so many details to these scenarios, however I would be happy to discuss your concerns further. Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 for additional assistance. You can also contact me personally and I will be more than happy to assist.

Management

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I was approved for a modification loan and almost 2 years In they stated I was back in my payments and owe them over 9,000 dollars. Which I have been paying my monthly payments every month until July 2019. When they stopped taking my payments and stated that my loan is back in foreclosure. The people that are assigned to you case to help you either don’t answer my calls or are no help.

Good Morning Janice,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experience. We would be happy to discuss your concerns further. Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 or email us at customercare@bsifinancial.com for additional assistance. While there are many factors to these scenarios that you've not mentioned, I'd like to personally review your file. BSI is a loan servicer and we must have approval from the Investor we represent.

Management

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

In the past 4 yrs. I HAVE ATTEMPTED to get my mortgage "modified". Each time this disabled veteran ATTEMPTS TO BE PROACTIVE, I've gotten the runaround, lies, no replies, things NOT RECEIVED/MISSING, & VERBAL Promises, via Joshua, to "mail the MISSING ITEMS form" to me. AGAIN: AS OF YET, NOTHING!!

I see an existing lawsuit has been filed against BSI's Modification Dept & am heading THAT WAY to join. This "we haven't received your modification packet..OH Wait, MAYBE *WE DID*, I don't know..let me have him call you back, he's not here", & being transferred to others Crap HAS BEEN GETTING WAY TOO OLD AND HABITUAL. I have tried my best to be proactive, and, BSI, KNOWING the Veterans Administration has *GUARANTEED" this loan to them, they seem to have realized WITHOUT ME, THE VET there WOULD BE no "Guaranteed" NOTHING, but they have failed to recognize that fact, being rude on the phone and overlooking things stated they would do...THEY SUCK!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BSI Financial Services?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Updated on 10/02/2019: The response that BSI Financial Services gave to my review here on Consumer Affairs of their company and how it operates is a JOKE. You cannot reach out to their CEO, even if you tried. I have, several times, and there is no way to get thru the company telephone tree. The responses given to my review from Daniel was computer generated, and not from him personally. The only way to get through to these crooks is to sue them in Federal court, which is what i am preparing to do now. They represent Servis One Bank, who actually is who pays them to do all the dirty work . They are interested in only one thing, to get you to foreclose, or to rip you off here and there when servicing your loans. I have been trying since 2017 to get them to service this loan properly, and they refuse to do anything of the sort. This company is corrupt to the core, and will not hesitate to try and put you out onto the street any chance they have.

Original Review: My experience with BSI Financial Services has been 100% negative. They purchased my note from Fannie Mae in 2017, and they have never handled my payments correctly. They continue to accuse me of not making my payments. Fortunately, I have scanned and made copies of every single payment made, and have sent every payment certified. All of my payments have cleared my bank, but they continue to create fictitious payment reports on their statements showing false information about those same payments, and then they report this information to the 3 credit bureaus.

What I recently discovered was their legal dept in Texas doesn't communicate very well with their servicing dept in Irvine California. Even more exasperating, is that the customer service number puts you in touch with their offices in Titusville, PA, who do not communicate very well with anyone. They are extortionists at best, and if you are unlucky enough to be stuck doing business with them, I suggest you find yourself a good lawyer because they will not treat you fairly unless you do. Even now, after my attorney has tried and tried to get them to straighten out their business, they continue to try and extort money from me. I will most certainly need to take them to court to get a Federal order against them just to make them do their jobs properly, they are that bad. God help you if your note is sold to these crooks!

Good Morning Kathleen,

Management

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

My loan was originally with Independent Bank but was sold To BSI Financial. I recently filed a damage claim with Nationwide and made the biggest mistake of my life. The insurance sent check pay to the order of myself and BSI. I signed the check and mailed off. August 7, 2019 BSI cashed check and to this day I have not received the money for the repairs. This company is crooked and I will expose them!!!! #angryhomeowner

Good Morning Valerie,

Management

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I have been trying to finish my loan modification that was sent to BSI. I have been given so many different answers concerning my situation. I was told to do one thing and now they have changed my payment and asking me to redo the original documents. They sent me new documents that date a month ago. Also the amounts are incorrect from my original signed agreement. I had a suspended account and was told that money was applied to a couple of my monthly payments. Now they are telling me that I owe them for those payments now. I have been in constant contact with them. No one will do the right thing and help.

Mr. Brown,

First, I would like to apologize for the troubles and frustration that you've experienced lately. I want you to know that your feedback will give us the chance to resolve any problem that may occur and assist us in making our services better. I have located your account and will be reviewing these circumstances with your account manager. Please look forward to our call.

Daniel Montez

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

BSI bought my loan. My husband passed away this year. I have worked so hard paying the last 2.085 off. On my balance was 10100. I sent in 7.100 then I sent in 2000 last month. Do the math. How do I still owe 2.085? The only mortgage company I ever dealt with will not tell you your pay off unless you requested by mail. I will be so greatly to finally get rid of these people. Lord no don’t try and tell them your hardship. They have no remorse. Very RUDE customer service!!!

Mrs. Trout,

First, I would like to apologize for the troubles and frustration that you experienced lately. I want you to know that your feedback will give us the chance to resolve any problem that may occur and assist us in making our services better. Please feel free to contact me directly so that I may personally assist you with any issues you still may be having. On behalf of BSI Financial we offer our sincerest condolences for your loss. We will be in contact shortly.

Daniel Montez

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I was with BSI from for a little under a year and they only successfully paid my taxes once. The first tax payment they applied to a property that has a similar address as mine. Ironically the amount that was taken from escrow was the amount the other property owed. I’m still trying to get that money back. The second payment was correct but that went towards the first tax payment. The third tax payment they tried to send to the same wrong address but since that address already paid, the amount that the other property owed was kicked back to me.

So my tax office is telling me that I owe back taxes and that the money that came from my escrow account went to a different property address altogether. Even though I paid my mortgage every single month! I’ve been in constant communication with BSI and the first time I talked to them they told me it wasn’t their problem since they weren’t servicing my loan anymore. However they are the company that messed it up. Good customer service means to fix whatever mistakes your company makes and to make it right.

Hi Tia,

BSI would like to apologize for your negative experience with our company. I'd like to learn more about your specific situation since I was unable to locate an account under your google name. If you wouldn't mind giving us a call at 800-327-7861 at your earliest convenience, it would be greatly appreciated. We look forward to speaking with you and working towards your positive feedback.

BSI Financial Services Company Information