2. Mortgages

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.16/5

BSI Financial Services Reviews

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

BSI is an absolute joke. My parents have their mortgage through them and it has been a nightmare. My father had a massive stroke and can't do anything. That being said my mom was forced to take over. I started helping her and discovered that BSI applies 100.00 or less of their 900+ dollar payment toward the principal. With an 8.2 % interest rate the principal should be lowering significantly each month. Nope!!! They can't get anything straight and give you the run around. Contact us they say. For what? They give some lame story that makes zero sense. Plus recently they denied endorsing a insurance check to get storm repairs done. We are tired of dealing with them. Time to contact our attorney. AVOID BSI AT ALL COSTS!!!! THE MAFIA HAS BETTER LOANS AVAILABLE AND WITH LESS INTEREST!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

BSI sold our loan to Amerifirst out of the blue. Now we see why. We have paid 50,000 plus dollars on a 31,000 loan because they charged us daily interest. The housing deed states we should be charged 13 percent YEARLY interest. This mistake has now left us with a 27,000 balance. We have been paying since 2007. It is my hope and prayer that they right this wrong. Thanks a lot BSI.

Hi Vernesia,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced. I would be happy to discuss your concerns further. We are not the original lender of your note. BSI is a loan servicer. It is impossible that you were charged higher rates just because. Unless your loan was in default, this is called default interest. Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 for additional assistance. You can also contact me personally and I will be more than happy to assist.

Management

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I have paid in full for my insurance in advance, since it was required before I set up this loan. Then the insurance company had to change the policy, and I paid again in full. BSI is supposed to pay for it. I have submitted proof of insurance twice. If anything, I should have extra money left in escrow, right? I keep being harassed for Lender Placed policy. They also increased my payment because of that, and insist I have to make the higher payments, which I will not. Supposedly, they did not receive my submission twice. I asked my insurance company to e-mail them a copy while I was on the phone with them. Finally, got it. Customer service is awful, and there is never manager available, unless you absolutely insist. By this time you are in a really bad mood, mildly.

If you set up a Bill Pay through your bank, it takes about 10 days for them to receive a payment. Because that’s how it’s set up, was their explanation. The bank has to send them a paper check!!!!! In this time and age, where electronic payments are the standard and everything clears within 1-3 day. In the meantime, late fees are imposed immediately. You might consider driving across states and deliver in person - it would be quicker. Like every month. I’ve had many mortgages in my life, and this is by far the worst - never had to review anyone, but I can’t resist here. Daniel **, could you provide a number or extension where you can be reached, and not just the general customer service number. Because if I ask for you or a manager, such would be unavailable. Thank you in advance!

Good Morning Alexandra,

I apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced. There are so many details to these scenarios, however I would be happy to discuss your concerns further. More than likely you were talking to our insurance dept which is a 3rd party vendor. I am here daily and my agents are required to escalate all matters to me, especially when a manager is requested. Please call 1-800-327-7861 and ask for me as I am the only manager here in our corporate office.

Daniel

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

It's 31 days today that I paid a mortgage in full - calls, e-mails, more calls, more e-mails. I cannot get a mortgage verification, statement of account. or mortgage satisfaction. Customer Service is awful and terrible unfriendly. They claim my requests will take yet another 2 - 3 weeks. Why? This is a nightmare. Run!

Good Morning Dawn,

On behalf of BSI, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you're having. I'm eager to assist you in any way possible. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that I may personally review your account. If you're requesting a satisfaction or mortgage those are sent once we liquidate the loan on our end. We then record the lien release with the county which could take up to the standard 30 days.

BSI Management

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

We are refinancing our current loan (held with BSI) with another company and called BSI to ask that our property taxes (held in escrow) go ahead and be paid so that we can close on time and not have to bring that same amount to close. The bill is with BSI and so are the funds. BSI is refusing to do with our money what we have asked of them. All I've been told by the "supervisor" is the property taxes are paid in bulk and they will not pay them earlier than the "due date" even at the request of the borrower/customer. Nor does it matter that paying them earlier than the "due date" is in the best interest of the customer. They are offering to do what they HAVE to do once we close which is to refund our escrow back to us. That's not what I'm asking. I'm asking that they go ahead and pay a bill with the money sitting in our escrow account marked to pay that bill!!!

We are leaving this company anyway. I don't understand why they will not just do what we've requested them to do with OUR MONEY. Property tax bills are actually due upon receipt (which they have received) but do have a "pay by date" typically a couple of months from mail out to give owners time to gather what might be needed. This company is ridiculous and we will never again bring them our business. Nor will we recommend them to anyone needing any type of service they provide. This is our last month with them and any interest $$ at all that they might gain from having our account is minimal. Our request is not out of the ordinary. Other companies allow it. Why not them? They are receiving one star only because leaving all stars unmarked does not allow for any captions or warnings.

Mrs. Unsicker

My apologies that your experience has not been positive with BSI. I personally spoke with you yesterday in regards to this matter. I apologize that we do not pay taxes early upon request. Please look into the options I provided you and they should resolve your issue with your refinance.

Management

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BSI Financial Services?

Resolution response: Oct. 31, 2019

I was contacted by Veronica at BSI Financial and they were able to work with me and they were very helpful, friendly, and courteous. I thank them for their services.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Here's my dilemma. I have to have surgery and to keep my finances in order during my 4-week recovery, I decided to reach out to BSI Financial who is my current lender (not by choice), for assistance with my upcoming mortgage payment. Listed on their website, they state under the Financial Hardship section that if you are in danger of missing or making a late payment, contact them. They list all these solutions such as Repayment Plans, Forbearance, etc. I contacted them the day after I found out I need to have surgery. I waited a week for Veronica to call me back. She never did.

I called and was allowed to leave her a message. Never received a call back. I then got ahold of a different department and the rep I spoke with tracked her down because that rep felt it was important enough to track her down. Veronica then sends a message through the rep to let me know they can't help me. It would've been really helpful if I had that information a week ago. So do not contact them to help. Be very surprised if you even receive a callback. I gave them 1-star because I had to give them something. In my opinion, I don't feel they deserve 1-star and that is the lowest rating.

Good Morning Lametrice,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced. I would be happy to discuss your concerns further. Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 for additional assistance. You can also contact me personally and I will be more than happy to assist. Please note that we are a loan servicer, your situation would be reviewed and considered by the Investor whom owns your note.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I have ask BSI to provide me with a statement of my account and was told they can’t provide that information. They expect you to pay but don’t request a statement. Continue to add more and more fees every day. Want a statement to pay off and never deal with them again.

Hi Nicole,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced. There are so many details to these scenarios, however I would be happy to discuss your concerns further. Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 for additional assistance. You can also contact me personally and I will be more than happy to assist.

Management

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I was approved for a modification loan and almost 2 years In they stated I was back in my payments and owe them over 9,000 dollars. Which I have been paying my monthly payments every month until July 2019. When they stopped taking my payments and stated that my loan is back in foreclosure. The people that are assigned to you case to help you either don’t answer my calls or are no help.

Good Morning Janice,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experience. We would be happy to discuss your concerns further. Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 or email us at customercare@bsifinancial.com for additional assistance. While there are many factors to these scenarios that you've not mentioned, I'd like to personally review your file. BSI is a loan servicer and we must have approval from the Investor we represent.

Management

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

In the past 4 yrs. I HAVE ATTEMPTED to get my mortgage "modified". Each time this disabled veteran ATTEMPTS TO BE PROACTIVE, I've gotten the runaround, lies, no replies, things NOT RECEIVED/MISSING, & VERBAL Promises, via Joshua, to "mail the MISSING ITEMS form" to me. AGAIN: AS OF YET, NOTHING!!

I see an existing lawsuit has been filed against BSI's Modification Dept & am heading THAT WAY to join. This "we haven't received your modification packet..OH Wait, MAYBE *WE DID*, I don't know..let me have him call you back, he's not here", & being transferred to others Crap HAS BEEN GETTING WAY TOO OLD AND HABITUAL. I have tried my best to be proactive, and, BSI, KNOWING the Veterans Administration has *GUARANTEED" this loan to them, they seem to have realized WITHOUT ME, THE VET there WOULD BE no "Guaranteed" NOTHING, but they have failed to recognize that fact, being rude on the phone and overlooking things stated they would do...THEY SUCK!!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Updated on 10/02/2019: The response that BSI Financial Services gave to my review here on Consumer Affairs of their company and how it operates is a JOKE. You cannot reach out to their CEO, even if you tried. I have, several times, and there is no way to get thru the company telephone tree. The responses given to my review from Daniel was computer generated, and not from him personally. The only way to get through to these crooks is to sue them in Federal court, which is what i am preparing to do now. They represent Servis One Bank, who actually is who pays them to do all the dirty work . They are interested in only one thing, to get you to foreclose, or to rip you off here and there when servicing your loans. I have been trying since 2017 to get them to service this loan properly, and they refuse to do anything of the sort. This company is corrupt to the core, and will not hesitate to try and put you out onto the street any chance they have.

Original Review: My experience with BSI Financial Services has been 100% negative. They purchased my note from Fannie Mae in 2017, and they have never handled my payments correctly. They continue to accuse me of not making my payments. Fortunately, I have scanned and made copies of every single payment made, and have sent every payment certified. All of my payments have cleared my bank, but they continue to create fictitious payment reports on their statements showing false information about those same payments, and then they report this information to the 3 credit bureaus.

What I recently discovered was their legal dept in Texas doesn't communicate very well with their servicing dept in Irvine California. Even more exasperating, is that the customer service number puts you in touch with their offices in Titusville, PA, who do not communicate very well with anyone. They are extortionists at best, and if you are unlucky enough to be stuck doing business with them, I suggest you find yourself a good lawyer because they will not treat you fairly unless you do. Even now, after my attorney has tried and tried to get them to straighten out their business, they continue to try and extort money from me. I will most certainly need to take them to court to get a Federal order against them just to make them do their jobs properly, they are that bad. God help you if your note is sold to these crooks!

Good Morning Kathleen,

Management

Not sure about BSI Financial Services?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right mortgage company for you.

BSI Financial Services Company Information