2. Mortgages

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.27/5

BSI Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BSI Financial Services?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about BSI Financial Services?

Original review: June 30, 2020

I was informed in May by my mortgage company (had been with them for 10 years and loved them) that my mortgage was recently sold to BSI Financial. This has been a complete joke since the start. I wanted to pay my mortgage on the first of the month like I always do, but I couldn't because they didn't have an account number for me. 2 weeks later I finally received one after leaving multiple messages on their customer service number. They never answer their customer service number...just a FYI. Which relates to my next encounter.

My insurance company (rhymes with Hall State) informed me that they haven't been paid for homeowner's insurance and that they had called 7 times with no return phone call. I personally left 5 voicemails indicating I wanted someone to get this resolved or my insurance would be canceled. Today, on June 29th, I received a threatening letter from BSI Financial that my insurance policy had expired (not true) and that they were buying my insurance for me which would be more expensive and less coverage. WHAT A JOKE!! I plan on refinancing tomorrow. This company is an utmost disgrace to anyone who is a client of theirs. I think most of the reviews here say the same thing... but nothing has changed which means they don't care.

Good Morning,

Please provide me your complete name, account number and phone number. I can resolve your issues immediately.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 18, 2020

I made my payment for May on time, but the check did not get deposited. So I went on BSI Financial website on May 29th and made another payment, and the money was not taken out from my account, so I waited to see if there was a delay with the bank due to everything going around right now. But while waiting, BSI financial made a credit report to Avantus, stating that I was past due on my mortgage, which resulted in dropping my credit score. I went on the BSI app, and it does say that I made my payment for May 29th, and I even have the confirmation number.

I made another payment on June 17th for May and June’s mortgage, but the money has not been taken out of the bank account. How could you report me to the credit company when my mortgage has been received, and I even have a confirmation number for the payment in May. I called plenty of times and email, but no replies. This situation is not fair and is ridiculous; my credit score should not drop because of the mistake of your company. How are you going to fix this? I need your company to take responsibility and fix the mistake that was made.

Good Morning Paul,

I'm sorry that you've experienced this situation. I'm interested to know the details of this scenario. For privacy reasons I'm unable to identify you and your account. Please send me a PM and include your full name, account number and property address. I'll be more than happy to review your issues and address your concerns.

Daniel Montez

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: June 16, 2020

I have tried for 2 months to get an explanation as to why my monthly payment has gone up $353.47 per month, I have tried calling, using the email in the website with no response. I would not recommend BSI to anyone.

Good Morning Lee,

Sorry to hear this feedback. We are extremely busy just like any other financial institution during this world pandemic. Please reply back with your full name, account number and address. I'll return the call immediately and assure you get the explanations needed.

Daniel Montez

Original review: June 11, 2020

What this company is doing is borderline if not illegal. Trying to refinance & been waiting for 3 weeks for any type of response. Loan officer & myself call, email, fax EVERYDAY with no avail. They are emotionally & financially messing with my family. I’ve done everything I can think of. Only thing left is legal matter. BSI, please just do your job correctly and help your customers....please!

Good Morning Jason,

I'm sorry to read your review. Please reply back to this message with your full name, address and phone number. Our loan origination team is extremely busy as our rates are low. Please accept our apology and know that we are working diligently to ensure all calls are being returned.

Daniel

Original review: June 10, 2020

My previous mortgage lender sold my loan to these crooks. I got a letter from my previous lender less than two weeks before my payment was due, saying to start sending my money to BSI Financial. Didn't have a new account number, didn't have anything that would get me into their (terrible) online portal. Then, when my payment was due, I was expecting a bill in the mail. Nothing. Not. A. Single. Thing. I then called BSI to get my account number to try and get my online account set up. Dumped me to a voicemail box after sitting on hold for 10 minutes. I left a voicemail. No call back.

I called again a week later. Same feces, different toilet. No call back. I finally decided to forgo the waiting on the phone, and instead pressed 1 for a callback (I have their phone tree memorized now). Got a call back, finally got my account number. Set up my online account, only to find out I was 9 days past due on a bill I never received. Set up a payment... $7 extra fee to make an online payment. Didn't have that with my previous lender. Just wow. Way to nickel and dime. Signs of a terrible company Paid it anyway because I don't like making late payments. I'll mail a check from my credit.

I now want a copy of my printed statement for the month for my records. Tried to print one from the web portal - No statements available. Called in again. Waited 45 minutes for a call back only to have them let my phone ring one time, then hang up. Called again and waited another 45 minutes for a call back, only to find out they can't give me a paper statement. I asked them what would've happened if I hadn't been proactive about this. "If I wasn't on top of my finances, and you bought my loan, you're telling me that I would have had no idea that I had a bill due?" Didn't really get an answer to that other than "Didn't you get a welcome packet?". No. No, I have never received a SINGLE piece of mail from BSI Financial. I got hung up on. BSI Financial should drop the "I" from their name. It would be more fitting. Stay away. Stay very far away. I'll be looking to refinance soon.

Good Morning Brady,

I hope I was able to answer all of your questions and give your better assurance that we are here to help. Again, I apologize for your initial experience and hope that we serve you better in subsequent times. Please use my personal contact information in the future if you require additional assistance.

Daniel

Original review: June 5, 2020

I was informed in April 2020 by my previous lender that my home loan would be handled by BSI Financial starting in May 2020. Today is June 5, 2020 and I have not received any paperwork from BSI Financial about my loan. I on my own sent in my May 1st payment that supposedly was due to them without any paperwork. Now here I am having to do the same for June. We as customers are expected to pay, yet no service, paperwork, or feedback of reassurance our account is being handled correctly on distribution of our payments to loan, escrow, or any extra principle. As a consumer I feel helpless when my loan is sold off to another lender especially when they are inefficient. Paula

Good Morning Paula,

I'm sorry to read your review. Please keep in mind that you are protected under Respa during the loan transfer. Respa ensures that you are not subject to any late fees or negative impacts to your credit. You should receive your 'hello letter' 1-2 weeks after we board your loan. Please reach out to me if you require assistance. I know these situations can be cumbersome however I assure you we are here to assist you with any and all your questions related to your account.

Original review: June 4, 2020

Unfortunately, my loan got transferred to BSI and I am NOT HAPPY about it. I have been calling for days, leaving voicemails, getting hung up on, sent emails just to get my ACCOUNT NUMBER. I have yet to speak to an actual person or get a call back. I AM TRYING TO PAY MY BILL and cannot get anyone to pick up the phone to talk to a NEW CUSTOMER (against my will). I have never dealt with a more frustrating company. They must not want my money that bad. I will be contacting my lawyer and trying everything I can to get my loan sent to someone else. I loved the previous company, I was able to talk to them, get a response and pay my mortgage. So annoying. STAY AWAY FROM BSI IF YOU CAN HELP IT.

Good Morning Ms. Hadlock,

I'm sorry to read your review as a new customer.I see that your loan was serviced transferred on 06/02/2020. The information is readily available to us within our system 4-5 business days after. This should all be explained in your goodbye letter from your prior servicer. Also you are not late nor will you receive a late fee since you are covered under RESPA. Please allow us a fair opportunity to serve you better just as soon as your information becomes available.

DM

Original review: June 4, 2020

My mortgage was sold to BSI financial services. I was never contacted or given any way of making my mortgage payment, my mortgage payment is now late. I’ve tried the phone numbers listed on their website, if it starts to go through you pick an option it gets disconnected or it is a nonworking number. After reading these horrible reviews I know I am going to get screwed. Why are these people allowed to operate such a horrible business?

Hi Scott,

Sorry to see this review. Sounds like your loan has been service released to BSI. We recently has two large pools of loans transferred on June 2, 2020. Your 'goodbye letter' should of advised you that information is not typically available until 5-7 business days after. If you call us at 1-800-327-7861 with your old account number we can provide you with your new account number so you can register on our website. If you'd like a call back please send a pm with your contact info.

Dan

Original review: June 1, 2020

I had a major BSA mortgage issue. I further found out was that the issue was a much larger problem than I could handle alone. I called BSI and spoke with Daniel **, he listened to me vent and explained to me the issue and how we could possibly get it resolved. I further received info from Mr. ** that he was able to discuss the issue internally and it would be handled appropriately. I must say that Mr. ** and the BSI team went above and beyond to rectify the issue and I am extremely pleased. In a time like this, where there are so many unknowns and so many fears, it was more than comforting to know that there is still individuals and a company like BSI that still can relate to the consumer. I could not be more happy with the results as they indicated to me. If there was any doubt that I may have had, I am surely Team BSI Financial. What a great team of individuals, a definite asset to the mortgage indistry.

BSI Financial Services response

Thank You so much for the kind words about BSI. It was a pleasure resolving your issue and hope to serve you better in subsequent times. We are dedicated to our customers satisfaction and strive to always do the right thing. Please let me know if you require further assistance in the future.

Daniel Montez

Original review: May 30, 2020

We recast our loan.. I have had to call and confirm everything.. No return calls for any of my questions. Our payments were suppose to be adjusted.. All we ever get is past due notices with old amount due.. Can someone call.. Get this corrected.

Hi Jeannette,

I'm sorry to hear about this experience. Your identity is protected here so I'm not able to identify you nor your account solely on Jeanette in South Dakota. If you would please reply back to this response with your full name, phone number and BSI account number. I'll ensure this issues get resolved.

Thanks,