1.16/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

197 BSI Financial Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 21, 2019

I had the misfortune of having my loan transferred to this organization. They are amateurs at loan industry, they seem to be debt collectors that are making forays into the home loan industry. To date I have had to contact them 3 times to ensure that my insurance and taxes are paid properly and on time from MY escrow funds. The escrow department apparently is unable (more likely unwilling) to take calls from customer and requires that you work with customer service. Customer service is empowered to send the escrow department an email and to tell the customer that they, customer service, will call the customer back.

After some time 30 plus days they will respond to the wrong question (that was never asked), or better yet provide a response with has nothing to do with the situation. Being a person that believes in being part of the solution, I offered to manage my escrow myself to assist them in a function they seem unable to do. They sent me three denials to of which were incorrect:

1. Escrow balance too low?
    2. Type of loan requires an escrow (it does not).

3. Loan has to be "seasoned". In other words I have to be tortured by BSI for 20 more months, before they come up with the next excuse/lie.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: April 30, 2019

I tried reaching out to my "Account Rep" (whom they say is the only person that can help me) the first of January 2019. After about my 20th call, middle of March, he finally talked to me. Told me to do something and get back up with him and gave me his email address. I did what he asked and he answered me one time. Told me he was working on it. Never heard back. Tried over and over to reach him. Won't answer me. This isn't the first time this has happened. You can never to talk to you account rep. I've had many issues with this company. They are horrible. It took them over a year at one point to start drafting my payments after begging for that whole year. This company is so bad, it should be shut down. They are ruining people's lives. We are talking about people's homes. And they don't care.

Good Morning Michelle,

First, I would like to apologize for the troubles and frustration that you experienced lately. I want you to know that your feedback will give us the chance to resolve any problem that may occur and assist us in making our services better. Please feel free to contact me directly so that I may personally assist you with any issues you still may be having.

Management

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 21, 2019

Modification Department drops the ball. I was denied a loan modification and no one is able to provide details regarding the reason for the denial. According the the representative assigned, income was not considered, there are simply no option available, and they will not consider any application submitted in the future. I may lose my home and no one can help me figure out why I didn’t qualify. Completely unacceptable! I have read many reviews about BSI, it seems that this is reoccurring problem.

Good Morning,

BSI would like to apologize for your negative experience with our company. I'd like to learn more about your specific situation.While there are many factors when reviewing an application for a loan mod we must provide a reason for denial, this is the law. If you wouldn't mind giving us a call at your earliest convenience, it would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to speaking with you and working towards your positive feedback.

Daniel M

Original review: April 2, 2019

My old mortgage company sold off to BSI in July of 2018. They have been using my deceased father's social security number despite numerous efforts to get this fixed. My credit score has tanked in the past six months because of error and lack of follow-up.

Hi John,

BSI would like to apologize for your negative experience with our company. I'd like to learn more about your specific situation since I was unable to locate an account under your google name. If you wouldn't mind giving us a call at your earliest convenience, it would be greatly appreciated. We look forward to speaking with you and working towards your positive feedback.

Management

Original review: March 18, 2019

If you have to deal with this company, expect to pay extra fees and spend extra time to clean up after them. Here are my specific problems: Property taxes: they often "forget" to pay them, even though they are happy to take my escrow money. Insurance: same thing. They will often forget to pay the insurance company, which gets my policy terminated, then on top of that, BSI has the gall to send me a letter threatening to place forced insurance on me (at one them they did that, and charged me for it), because my original policy got terminated. When you call in, they just transfer you between customer service and insurance department in perpetuity.

If you pay additional amounts to your monthly payment, or send in additional payment, they will automatically set the extra amount to "unapplied," which does not reduce your principal, and you still have to pay interest on the amount that you thought you were reduced from your principal. My loan is in good standing, I have never missed a payment. There is no reason for this policy. The only positive thing about them is that they do pick up the phone quickly. I have dealt with many mortgage companies before, and I have to say this is the worst.

Hi Chi,

Customer Service Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BSI Financial Services?

Original review: March 11, 2019

I am trying to resolve an issue with an escrow refund that was issued on December 28, 2018 in the amount of $1,279.00. I’ve never received the refund, although your company has re-issued the check twice. In the last set of interactions with your company, I was assured by your agent that the check had been re-issued yet again, but that I needed to call again to get the tracking number.

I’ve called over 10 times about this, and each time, I interact with someone who doesn’t know the first thing about resolving issues, and now today, I was told that they couldn’t provide me with the tracking number. I just want the refund to which I am entitled. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I got the canned response: “I’m sorry ma’am, no supervisor is available.” Your core values listed on your website are laughable, considering one of the values is “transparency!” I will be filing a complaint with the State Controller and the Better Business Bureau in both Texas and Pennsylvania today. For anyone who may consider doing business with this company, avoid it at all costs unless you enjoy dealing with incompetent liars.

Good Morning Trudy,

On behalf of BSI, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you're having. While there are many factors to your situation that are not mentioned in your post I'm eager to assist you in any way possible. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. I left you a detailed message along with my contact information.

BSI Management

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

The following is the communication I sent to the customer service manager: "I am writing to you again about my frustration for not getting answers and my account not being processed properly. I've been writing both, on the website contact us and by Gmail, to customer care, and I have talked with customer service about this $15 fee assessed which I have paid. No one has an answer as to what the fee is for, my payment has not been applied to that fee for which the payment was made separately. It still shows fee amount not applied and now I see I am being charged again another $15 fee. No one has responded to my inquiries through email or otherwise.

"I have also been trying to get an answer and a fix on the website to access my documents. I cannot access my statements or any document. I have brought this matter to customer care's attention multiple times, it's been months now and still no fix. The service, in one word, sucks. I am planning on posting this experience on the Consumer Affairs' site, under complaints, if it is not fixed in the next two days. {Now, the two days have passed that's why I am posting what I wrote to you here.} Sorry I have to resort to that means to get anything done with your company. It has been and it seems like will continue to be a nightmare working with your company, and I won't be shy bringing it to anyone's attention I can access. Looking forward to hearing from you ASAP.

"1 02/21/2019 Fee Billed: $15.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $15.00. 2 02/14/2019 Fee Billed: $15.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $15.00. 3 02/11/2019 Amount to Unapplied: -$15.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00. 4 02/10/2019 Fee with Payment: $15.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $15.00. 5 02/10/2019 Payment: $4,235.66, $0.00, $1,935.00, $2,315.66, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00. 6 01/28/2019 Cash Receipt: $15.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00. 7 01/28/2019 Amount to Unapplied: $15.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00. 8 01/18/2019 Payment: $4,250.66, $0.00, $1,935.00, $2,315.66, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00. 9 01/10/2019 Fee Billed: $15.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $15.00."

This has become a common occurrence, and apparently I am not the only one. Reading most reviews about your company, both here and on Facebook, many people have more bad experiences with your company than good. What a shame. What's more unfortunate is that we had no say in choosing you to be our mortgage servicer, it was forced on us by some corporate structure.

Good Morning Marc & Mary,

We apologize for this inconvenience and hope that you accept our sincere apology.This is the 1st I hear of your complaint and show records that we've provided you explanation of the fees. Please feel free to contact me directly so that I may personally assist you with any issues you may be having.

Management

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

My family recently lived through Hurricane Florence in North Carolina. Unfortunately, right before the hurricane our mortgage was sold to BSI. Because of the amount of damage incurred, we got a substantial amount to repair our damage. The check was written to us and BSI. The paperwork required by BSI to get repairs done is ridiculous and unnecessary. None of our other neighbors have had this red tape to cut through to get repairs done. We cannot get any contractors to work on our home, because they do not have the time or desire to fill out the paperwork necessary to get the job approved by BSI.

We finally found someone to replace the roof and willing to do the paperwork. After the paperwork was approved, BSI made us get the approval notarized saying that the money would go to this project. (More red tape) The money for our repairs is sitting in their bank account so BSI doesn't really care if we ever get to the money or not. We need to get our home back to normal. If anyone has suggestions on how to handle this we would appreciate your advice.

Good Morning Brian & Gretchen,

On behalf of BSI, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you're having. While there are many factors to your situation that are not mentioned in your post I'm eager to assist you in any way possible. Unfortunately I have no way to identify you by your first names.. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that I may personally review your account.

BSI Management

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

We had a mortgage with BSI through a 3rd party. We originally had a VA loan and was told that we no longer had a VA loan but a FHA, which we did not switch. Because of unemployment we fell being in payments and we tried to refinance. BSI did a refinance but the payments didn't change and the interest rate went up. When I spoke to the agent about it, he wasn't helpful at all. I had a total of 4 different agents in 2-3yrs. Each one starting over and asking for paperwork. We ended up losing our home because of BSI not helping. I had never heard of them before and found out during the refinance process that the banks sell mortgages. I truly think this should be a crime when no one notifies the homeowner of a transfer of mortgage and being veterans we should have been allowed our VA loan. The whole system needs fixing and BSI is just a part of the problem.

Edward,

I'm sorry to see your review and hear of your experience. I would personally be happy to discuss your situation and answer any unanswered questions. Edward, due to the privacy laws I am unable to discuss specifics here. Please reach out to us via phone or email in the case you require additional assistance.

Management

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

When they purchased my loan 2 years ago they changed my payment amount without notification. When I paid the monthly payment they didn't accept and then charged me a late fee because they kicked the entire payment. Last year they incorrectly calculated my interest on the 1098 and didn't send a correction until late in the tax process. I literally thought this was a scam company but apparently they are just incompetent. They are the worst. I would never voluntarily do business with BSI.

Michael,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced. We would be happy to discuss your concerns further. Please reach out to us for additional assistance.

Management

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Our mortgage company was Sortis. We just got sold to BSI on Oct 2018. I don't understand this company at all. BSI is stating that they're not going to escrow our homeowner's anymore. How can this company do this without a revised contract. I was told that this can be a lawsuit. Please help. This is by far unfair to homeowners.

Good Morning Shelley,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced. We would be happy to discuss your concerns further. Please reach out to us or email us for additional assistance.

Management

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

My loan was sold to these crooks from Select Portfolio Services. I had a modification done and my mtg was 220.00... BSI made it 242.00 and when I got sick I fell behind on payments. I have arterial sclerosis, HBP and depression due to parents dying. I have had to quit my job as a result and retire early. I tried to talk to Patti ** about paying down the arrears of 10,092.00 but she would not hear of it. I definitely CAN pay but they want more money and I am on a fixed income at 944.00 per month social security.

The amount I was going to pay just for the arrears would have solved the issue in 5 yrs but again they want money money money and more money. They say they work with people but that's a lie... I have nowhere to go and due to the bankruptcy on my credit, I will likely lose my home because of greed and lies. I did not even owe BSI that amount. I owed SPS but when they sold my loan BSI bought in the arrears from a loan they bought out and are trying to make me pay. No negotiation was tolerated by the agent who was very nasty... So now I am screwed... Rents are about the same amount my social security and I have no savings... This means they get to steal the house from under me...

Good Morning Joeanne,

I'm sorry to see your review and hear of your experience. I would personally be happy to discuss your situation and answer any unanswered questions. Joeanne, due to the privacy laws I am unable to discuss specifics here. Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 or email us at customercare@bsifinancial.com in the case you require additional assistance.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

My mortgage has just been transferred to BSI and they have no record of my mortgage -- and I need to pay the mortgage payment. At the end of my second frustrating call with "customer service" this past week, the agent (Irma) said that she would need to transfer me to "customer service" and then sent me back into the same automated phone system that I had just called! I later realized that she was probably dumping the call because it was close to the end of the workday. I called back and left a voice message but I have not heard back, of course. After this bad service, I did a search for complaints about BSI and I now see that this is not a good company with lots of complaints. Does anyone know which regulatory authorities oversee BSI? Has anyone had any success having an attorney go after them? If BSI can't find my newly-transferred mortgage, I'm concerned I'm not going to have a way to make them accept my mortgage payment.

Good Morning David,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced. When a loan transfers there are so many details to these scenarios. We would be happy to discuss your concerns further. You can also contact me personally and I will be more than happy to assist.

Management

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

My loan was transferred from Wells Fargo to BSI in 9/2017 and the first statement I received from them was in 5/2018 inaccurately saying I was thousands of dollars behind. Loss Mitigation contacted me to say if I didn't do a modification they would foreclose. I have requested, both verbally and written, an accounting of my loan on several occasions and have gotten absolutely nothing. The loss mitigation representative does not care about resolving the errors they have made on my loan which have resulted in an inaccurate arrearage. They also changed my payment amount without any notification and are refusing to honor a notification of payment change that is officially filed with the bankruptcy court.

Their legal representation also filed a motion with the court stating a huge arrearage with supporting documentation that didn't include over 5 months of payments they received. I am officially submitting (today) a qualified written request and can only pray someone who deals with facts in black and white reviews my request and notice of errors and corrects their accounting of my loan history. I am current on my loan and feel I am being bullied into a loan modification to preserve my interest in my property based on an unfounded arrearage amount. If not resolved, my next step will have to be legal and I sincerely hope it doesn't come to that. The anxiety and stress caused by their errors and unwillingness to correct are unbelievable. Beware of this company and do whatever you can to change servicers if you find yourself having to deal with them.

Good Morning,

My name is Daniel, Customer Service-Social Media Manager. My apologies that your experience has not been positive with BSI. Please call me directly so I may address this or any other issue you may be having.

Daniel

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Updated on 12/20/2018: I filed a complaint against BSI for overcharging and making up numbers we owed. Now after getting their response. They are clearly wrong in their made up accounting. Plus our forensic accountants, yes 2 different, show a huge discrepancy in what was owed. I got a response from BSI we were able to shed light. Nope only more shady darkness. We paid taxes and gave proof they say they paid. Nope. Then they said they gave notices of rate adjustments, nope made up and gave proof. So please do not do business EVER with these crooks.

Original Review: BSI out of the blue sent us a statement that we owed $14,000 plus dollars and started foreclosure proceedings even though 2 forensic accountants proved otherwise. We are missing $10,000 from our escrow. DO NOT do business with them ever!!!

Good Morning Laurie,

My name is Daniel, Customer Service-Social Media Manager. My apologies that you're experience has not been positive with BSI. Please call me directly so I may address this or any other issue you may be having.

Daniel

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I was with Wells Fargo when I was trying to do a loan modification when my mortgage was sold to BSI Financial. Wells Fargo said my application for my Loan modification information would be transferred to BSI and the process will continue with them. It was six months before I heard from BSI about the loan modification and it was denied. And they wanted six months back payments and I could not do this because I became 100% disabled.

When BSI took over my home loan they said they do not escrow homeowners insurance policies and I had to get this on my own and add them to the policy, which I did and this was three years ago. They have keep billing me for the escrow for a homeowners policy even though I am paying for my policy out of my pocket. They have since add a forced place policy to my BSI monthly payment. I have mailed, emailed and my agent has sent them a copy of my policy but they keep billing me for the forced placed policy.

Also I have been trying to get a loan mortification because I am 100% disable and can no longer work and am now on a fixed income. They do not return my phone calls and will not accept my payments unless I pay the full amount of back payments. I have offered to make back payments but they will not accept this. I have been getting harassment letters and phone calls. I have had to file Chapter 13 just to stop the sale of my home because they said I did not have enough time to do the loan modification. I have been discharged out of Chapter 13 because I could not afford my home loan payments along with the Chapter 13 payments.

Good Morning George,

On behalf of BSI, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you're having. While there are many factors to your situation that are not mentioned in your post I'm eager to assist you in any way possible. Unfortunately I have no way to identify you by the name 'George'. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that I may personally review your account.

BSI Management

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Anyone have luck with going after this company for Mortgage fraud? We were in a loan mod that was sold to BSI about 3 years ago. Once BSI contacted us for payment, they stated they do not honor loan modifications and that we needed to pay them all the back premium from our agreed upon terms with BofA or face foreclosure. We quickly sold our home in a regular sale and have the HUD-1 to prove it. Now our credit report reflects a “foreclosure” on this property. We have disputed it and customer service refuses to update our credit, even though we never entered into a foreclosure. My new lender is filing a complaint with the Department of Defense and I’m seeing hundreds of complaints from others that have experienced this as well including class action lawsuits. This company needs to be shut down immediately for their on-going threats and scare tactics.

Good Morning Nicole,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced. When a loan service transfers there are so many details to these scenarios. We would be more than happy to discuss your concerns further. Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 or email us at customercare@bsifinancial.com for additional assistance. You can also contact me personally and I will be more than happy to assist.

Management

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Customer service: non existent. Responses to your questions: hard to get if you get one at all. "Patience is a virtue, you must have plenty" to deal with them. They will charge you late fees even if you have paid within the grace period giving you the excuse they didn't receive the check on time, even though you have proof you did. If you email them through their "contact us" system on their site or through your own email, don't expect an answer (at least an answer in a timely manner) anytime soon. It seems like they're more after getting your property than giving you the service you deserve. Looking for excuses to foreclose or collect additional fees. These are some of the problems with them, I assure you there are many more. The one star I gave is because there is no other options below that.

Mark,

I'm sorry to see your review and hear of your experience. I can assure you we have a full staff ready and available to take your call and reply to your emails. I would be happy to discuss your concerns further. Because of privacy I am unable to identify you or your account. Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 or email us at customercare@bsifinancial.com for additional assistance. It would be my pleasure to personally assist you as well.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

First I find out my mortgage was sold to BSI, then I receive a bill from my homeowner’s insurance stating my insurance will be canceled for lack of payment. My mortgage includes the insurance and taxes yet BSI failed to send payment. I spent a week of my time getting this taken care of. Then I filed an insurance claim for wind and hail damage. I received a check with my name and BSI listed on it. I called BSI to find out what I do with it and I was told to send it in to be endorsed. Two weeks later I get the check back stating I needed to endorse first. I called to ask why I wasn't told this to begin with and they simply apologized. Now I get a packet from BSI for my contractors to fill out. I called BSI Loss Prevention department 6 times to ask specific questions regarding exactly how to fill these papers out.

I read each line and asked questions exactly what should be were for my contractors. 6 phone calls which I've written the date and time for each. I wasted two weeks gathering all information to properly fill these out and I was told 11/03/2018 that the papers are filled out wrong. I'm furious!!! I asked to speak to a supervisor but was told she would call me back but SURPRISE she didn't. I have to have all co construction done by 12/17/2018 otherwise my homeowner’s insurance which I've had for 12 years will drop me. I've been trying to get the construction done since 10/01/2018 and BSI is preventing it at all cost... Due to winter seasons coming quickly my house construction will push to spring if BSI won’t release the funds and if that happens then I have no property insurance... I WANT TO FILE A LAWSUIT@!!!

Good Morning Brenda,

I apologize that you're having difficulty with your claim. Unfortunately, there are so many details when it comes to filing any type of claim. However, with this being said I'd surely like to assist in any way possible to ensure this is being reviewed in the most expeditious manner. Being that this website does not allow personal information to be shared publicly, you're welcome to send me in inbox message or call me at 800-327-7861.

Management

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Be very very very leery of using this company. I have received numerous phone calls from this company. When I answer the call all I get is, “Jane Doe?” Obviously that is not my name and I am not going to put my full name on this review. I always ask who’s calling and it’s always a woman and she gives me her first name and says, “you were Jane Doe right? “ I told them I did not say that and I asked them what company they are with. She mumbles something with the B and says, “you were Jane Doe right? “ I said, "I did not hear the name of the company you were calling from." She says “I am calling from BSI financial, you are Jane Doe right? “

I ask what this is in regards to and she says, “this is a personal financial matter, you are Jane Doe right”? I said, “no this is not Jane Doe.” She asked if I know Jane Doe, And I tell her no. She says “I need to speak to Jane Doe.” I tell her I cannot help her. She starts talking again and says, “Jane ** this is a personal business matter.” I tell her stop, that this is not changed ou. I told her I cannot help her. She starts talking again and says, “Jane Doe this is a personal business matter.“ I tell her, "Stop, but this is not Jane Doe."

She states she will try again later and hangs up. This has happened multiple times. In reading all of these horrible reviews and being with Wells Fargo who seem to be selling some of their loans to this company, I decided to call Wells Fargo and verify that my loan is still with them. They verified that at this time my loan is still with Wells Fargo. I find it quite ironic that their response to most of the negative comments is that they are very sorry that each person has had a negative experience but, that all of information was not given so they could not research it or they had basically a complex case and that information was not spoken to have during the review.

This is BS. Then I noticed that at the end of each of these responses by BSI The guy signs the email, "Cheers, Dave." What business company signs and email, letter or communication with “Cheers”. That is so unprofessional and the fact that they think we are going to read the response anyway is a joke. I hope and pray that my loan is not being transferred or salted this company, but I have a feeling it is. My complaint is for the harassment. I get constant calls from this company from different number because I block the numbers that come through and they just do an auto dial from another line.

You can tell because when you say hello they don’t answer you right away. You have to say hello three times in order for the line to connect, which means they are Robo dialing. Incidentally the calls always come from out of the country and always like the same person. A woman with the exact same accent. This is harassment. This company is not even accredited. Why would Wells Fargo sell to such an unprofessional and unaccredited company.

I have several accounts with Wells Fargo and have been with them since they have been in business. The company has changed hands three times and I’ve been with them ever since. Since 1986. I have never once had a problem with them and they’re always eager to help. I feel like this company is a scam and needs to be looked into. I guarantee you they don’t have any lawyers to follow through on their threats. If they don’t have enough money to be accredited or confidence to be accredited I doubt they have a team of lawyers. This is obviously a company that is run overseas. I’m going to start recording the calls.

Good Morning Christina,

I apologize you're experiencing this situation. These types of calls are very concerning and should be looked into. BSI is obligated to provide you not only with our Company name, but we must also state the reason for our call. Firstly, I need to identify you in order to validate BSI has attempted to call you. Please contact me at your earliest convenience, so I may better assist you identifying this situation and the authenticity of the calls.

Management

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I'm a disabled US Veteran. Have had my VA home for over 8+ years then recently the VA sold or transferred it to be serviced by the new LOW bidder that being BSI Financial Services. At no time was I ever notified by the BSI company that my loan was transferred so I continued to pay to the one I have been. Then I get a "Fake Billing statement" from BSI. Telling me if I do not send them $23,439.00 to a PO Box in Texas they will sell my home.

I soon learned that BSI is the lowest rated servicing company in the USA, they are from India, the CEO is Gagan Sharma who rarely is in the USA. Now BSI has been trying to force me to buy their insurance and has fraudulently attempted to alter my home loan with the VA, then they tried to muck up my taxes, they attempted to tell me NOT to pay my property taxes or Home Insurance to anyone except to the CEO Gagan Sharma. Another scam.

They are very much racists, discriminatory, and do NOT like American's especially Veterans, they have violated the US Banking Statutes, Financial Fraud, Defrauded the US Gov, and Me, committed perjury, altered official records. I highly suggest anyone who has the unfortunate dealings with BSI you should notify the FBI, CFPB and the States Attorney Generals office.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

BSI buys our mortgage from another company and immediately starts playing games with our insurance and escrow account. Now we are stuck with a forced insurance account and a monthly payment that is more than $200 higher than it should be. My wife has spent countless hours on the phone trying to get this straightened out and has been run in countless circles. It should be against the law for mortgage companies to buy and sell like that in the first place. Never, ever use this company. They will jack you around like you have never been jacked around before.

Good Morning Pat,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your escrow. Unfortunately I can not identify you nor your account by solely the name 'Pat' . Please feel free to reach out to our Customer Service Department 1-800-327-7861 and ask for me so I may immediately address your issue.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: July 30, 2018

My nightmare started when my mortgage was transferred to this company from Wells Fargo with loan modification as I was paying my mortgage. When they got my loan they told me it was in foreclosure again. Which had me confused since I was paying it and also in a loan modification. I have been dealing with every person in that company and every day it's a new story. They are now trying to foreclose on my home tomorrow and the only thing they want to talk about is a hundred and $80,000 to bring my account current when they simply can't tell me where my payments have been. I've also filed a complaint against the banking and insurance commissioner. They didn't even seem to care about that. If anyone gets a lawsuit going please let me know. I plan on continuing to make their life miserable.

Good Morning Erin,

I've located your account and see that your account is being reviewed. While there are many factors that are not mentioned in your complaint we are eager to assist in any way possible. Please continue to stay in contact with your single point of contact for any and all updates. If you require further assistance please call us 1-800-327-7861.

Management

Original review: July 9, 2018

As I'm reading 173 negative reviews all I can say is "I CAN RELATE". BSI Financial is the pits and everyone can't be telling a story and all I'm reading is how they apologize for their mess ups and that's being nice because I would really like to use other choice words. I been dealing with this company since August of 2017 and I must say they are worthless. I have asked numerous times how I am behind in payment when they transferred my loan from Fay Servicing. Each time I speak to a representative they give me false information concerning my loan. I sent copies of all of my canceled checks since December of 2016 and they sent me the same information in return.

After I made the call to them stating that they sent me the same information that I sent to them they then proceeded to say that they are still investigating. It is now July 2018 and they are still not able to tell me how I'm two months behind and keep giving me months that I sent them a check and it was deposited on their behalf. Each rep doesn't know what they are talking about because their communication within the company must suck. Oh and must I mention that their bookkeeping is also horrible because if it wasn't they wouldn't keep telling me I'm behind but can't tell me for which month exactly. I explained to them that I have taken my last mortgage company to court about the same thing and to also get that information from them so that they can see it's not behind and each representative I have spoken to stated that they will and haven't.

They are reporting that I have late payments to my credit report in which I have disputed it and also filed a complaint with the BBB. I should not have to do the footwork for a company I don't work for and if so I should be getting paid for my services. At this point I don't think they deserve a one star because all the services I get are way below that. I'm ready to take this issue to the news as well to see what can be done. If I decide to miss any payment it will never be my mortgage or somewhere I have to lay my head because I need a place to call home and able to sleep at night.

Afternoon Ms. Lewis,

On behalf of BSI, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you're having. While there are many factors to your situation that you've not mentioned in your post I'm eager to assist you in any way I can. I've identified your account and personally escalated this matter to our accouning dept.Once a review and audit has been completed I will personally call you with my findings.

Daniel Montez

Original review: July 3, 2018

If you hear the name BSI Financial RUN!!! They are the worst thieves in the mortgage business. Very unprofessional idiots. They say one thing and do exactly the opposite. My loan was in the middle of modification trials when they took over from Fay. The modification process took over 6 months with BSI only for them to falsify all documents to what they want. PLEASE do not do business with this company. They are thieves!!! They will rob you blind making you lose your home in the process. Beware and be forewarned. BSI Financial is a THIEF!!!

Angela,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced with this situation. Angela if you were in the process of obtaining a modification there are many factors that you've not mentioned. I would be happy to discuss your concerns further. Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 or email us at customercare@bsifinancial.com for additional assistance.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: June 30, 2018

I just went to login to my BSI Financial Services account to make my mortgage payment, which is due 7/1/18. It would not accept my user ID, which is correct. I went to "Forget my user ID" and then typed in the required information. It kept telling me that my account number was not found. I called the number and BSI only works business hours during the week so I got a voice system. I tried to do a payment by phone. Again, it would not let me.

I was able to leave a voicemail. I do not expect a call back but this VM, my login attempts, my retrieve user ID attempts, and this review will hopefully work together to demonstrate that I could not access my account. Was my account sold? Was it given a new account number? I just spoke to BSI several weeks ago about my mortgage amount after changing insurance companies. No mention of being sold. So why am I suddenly not an account holder anymore? I have never been late on a mortgage in 9 years 3 months. This is frustrating. I hope BSI Financial Services quickly and effectively resolves this issue so that I can make my mortgage payment.

Hi Kelly,

On behalf of BSI, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that you've experienced with our website. Unfortunately I'm not able to identify you nor your account as last names are not published. Kelly, BSI is a Loan Servicer so it could be a possibility that your loan was transferred. However if this was the case you would of received written notification. Please contact us ASAP so we can assist you 1-800-327-7861.
    Thanks,

Management

Original review: June 26, 2018

BSI has by far been the worst mortgage company that I have ever had and I have had at least 8 others. I see I am not alone by looking at all the other bad reviews of this company, I am being told that it will take up to 6 weeks to receive the funds that are due to me of over $3600. That is unacceptable to me as a consumer and a citizen. IF YOU HAVE ANY CHOICE IN THE MATTER--NEVER USE BSI FINANCIAL...

Good Morning Terry,

I'm so glad I was able to assist you in resolving this matter.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: June 8, 2018

I rate BSI with a '0'. They have a phone payment line and when I have tried to call in my mortgage payment (too many times) and the connection does not allow a person to key in all of the numbers. Essentially, the phone line does not work. I have reported it countless times. BSI will state 'No one else has a problem with the pay by phone'. One year they did not report my taxes in time to claim the deduction on my yearly tax form. I called them for a straight week and was given the runaround. Bad company.

Good Morning Mary,

On behalf of BSI, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that you've experienced with our automated system. Mary it's very uncommon that we have issues with our automated system however, please know that Management, Customer Service and our IT Dept. are some of the 1st to hear about a potential problem. Please call me personally if you continue to have this issue so I may identify your loan and have it reviewed by our IT Dept.

Daniel

Original review: May 22, 2018

I am an insurance agent working with a customer that has a loan with BSI. There is an escrow account, home insurance should have been paid 3/30 but was not. Ins Co sent customer a reminder, and that led to calling BSI. They give all sorts of crazy information, claim to have attempted to overnight (FedEx) to a PO Box number, claim they've issued 3 checks, but none of them get to the insurance company. Today I was told they found the problem - address updated in one system, but not another. Jessica in CS will call me back once fixed. Hmmm - they said this exact things 2 weeks ago to my co-worker.

This is not just incompetence, it is criminal to hold customer escrow money. Appears to me based on other complaints this is part of a pattern to hold customer funds and force them to buy forced place insurance - easily 3x the cost. I feel sorry for anyone that ends up with BSI. We work with a lot of lenders and this is by far the worst. Home insurance is about to be cancelled and they do nothing about it. SCUM!!!

Karen,

On behalf of BSI, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you've had. If you require further assistance please feel free to call us anytime between 8am -12pm EST. Our toll free number is 1-800-327-7861, I personally would like to resolve any issues you still may be having.

Management

Original review: May 15, 2018

Hail damaged my home. Insurance company made the check for repairs payable to BSI. BSI is just sitting on the money and refuse to give it to me so I can pay the contractor. The contractor completed the work more than 30 days ago and BSI refuses to respond to any of my requests for them to give me a check that I can give to the contractor and be over and done with this repair. I have sent letters in and called and cannot get any assistance from anyone. They could at least respond to my letters since I have asked specific questions in my letters. The staff at BSI are worthless.

BSI Financial Services response

Sir if you are familiar with this site you understand that it does not allow last names nor account numbers. Please help me understand how we are to identify you? I sent you a PM and have given you the option to contact me personally. Again I am not familiar with your account so if you'd like assistance please contact me at your earliest convenience.

BSI Financial Services Company Information