1.16/5
Based on 179 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

181 BSI Financial Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Anyone have luck with going after this company for Mortgage fraud? We were in a loan mod that was sold to BSI about 3 years ago. Once BSI contacted us for payment, they stated they do not honor loan modifications and that we needed to pay them all the back premium from our agreed upon terms with BofA or face foreclosure. We quickly sold our home in a regular sale and have the HUD-1 to prove it. Now our credit report reflects a “foreclosure” on this property. We have disputed it and customer service refuses to update our credit, even though we never entered into a foreclosure. My new lender is filing a complaint with the Department of Defense and I’m seeing hundreds of complaints from others that have experienced this as well including class action lawsuits. This company needs to be shut down immediately for their on-going threats and scare tactics.

Good Morning Nicole,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced. When a loan service transfers there are so many details to these scenarios. We would be more than happy to discuss your concerns further. Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 or email us at customercare@bsifinancial.com for additional assistance. You can also contact me personally and I will be more than happy to assist.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Customer service: non existent. Responses to your questions: hard to get if you get one at all. "Patience is a virtue, you must have plenty" to deal with them. They will charge you late fees even if you have paid within the grace period giving you the excuse they didn't receive the check on time, even though you have proof you did. If you email them through their "contact us" system on their site or through your own email, don't expect an answer (at least an answer in a timely manner) anytime soon. It seems like they're more after getting your property than giving you the service you deserve. Looking for excuses to foreclose or collect additional fees. These are some of the problems with them, I assure you there are many more. The one star I gave is because there is no other options below that.

Mark,

I'm sorry to see your review and hear of your experience. I can assure you we have a full staff ready and available to take your call and reply to your emails. I would be happy to discuss your concerns further. Because of privacy I am unable to identify you or your account. Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 or email us at customercare@bsifinancial.com for additional assistance. It would be my pleasure to personally assist you as well.

Customer Service Manager

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

First I find out my mortgage was sold to BSI, then I receive a bill from my homeowner’s insurance stating my insurance will be canceled for lack of payment. My mortgage includes the insurance and taxes yet BSI failed to send payment. I spent a week of my time getting this taken care of. Then I filed an insurance claim for wind and hail damage. I received a check with my name and BSI listed on it. I called BSI to find out what I do with it and I was told to send it in to be endorsed. Two weeks later I get the check back stating I needed to endorse first. I called to ask why I wasn't told this to begin with and they simply apologized. Now I get a packet from BSI for my contractors to fill out. I called BSI Loss Prevention department 6 times to ask specific questions regarding exactly how to fill these papers out.

I read each line and asked questions exactly what should be were for my contractors. 6 phone calls which I've written the date and time for each. I wasted two weeks gathering all information to properly fill these out and I was told 11/03/2018 that the papers are filled out wrong. I'm furious!!! I asked to speak to a supervisor but was told she would call me back but SURPRISE she didn't. I have to have all co construction done by 12/17/2018 otherwise my homeowner’s insurance which I've had for 12 years will drop me. I've been trying to get the construction done since 10/01/2018 and BSI is preventing it at all cost... Due to winter seasons coming quickly my house construction will push to spring if BSI won’t release the funds and if that happens then I have no property insurance... I WANT TO FILE A LAWSUIT@!!!

Good Morning Brenda,

I apologize that you're having difficulty with your claim. Unfortunately, there are so many details when it comes to filing any type of claim. However, with this being said I'd surely like to assist in any way possible to ensure this is being reviewed in the most expeditious manner. Being that this website does not allow personal information to be shared publicly, you're welcome to send me in inbox message or call me at 800-327-7861.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Be very very very leery of using this company. I have received numerous phone calls from this company. When I answer the call all I get is, “Jane Doe?” Obviously that is not my name and I am not going to put my full name on this review. I always ask who’s calling and it’s always a woman and she gives me her first name and says, “you were Jane Doe right? “ I told them I did not say that and I asked them what company they are with. She mumbles something with the B and says, “you were Jane Doe right? “ I said, "I did not hear the name of the company you were calling from." She says “I am calling from BSI financial, you are Jane Doe right? “

I ask what this is in regards to and she says, “this is a personal financial matter, you are Jane Doe right”? I said, “no this is not Jane Doe.” She asked if I know Jane Doe, And I tell her no. She says “I need to speak to Jane Doe.” I tell her I cannot help her. She starts talking again and says, “Jane ** this is a personal business matter.” I tell her stop, that this is not changed ou. I told her I cannot help her. She starts talking again and says, “Jane Doe this is a personal business matter.“ I tell her, "Stop, but this is not Jane Doe."

She states she will try again later and hangs up. This has happened multiple times. In reading all of these horrible reviews and being with Wells Fargo who seem to be selling some of their loans to this company, I decided to call Wells Fargo and verify that my loan is still with them. They verified that at this time my loan is still with Wells Fargo. I find it quite ironic that their response to most of the negative comments is that they are very sorry that each person has had a negative experience but, that all of information was not given so they could not research it or they had basically a complex case and that information was not spoken to have during the review.

This is BS. Then I noticed that at the end of each of these responses by BSI The guy signs the email, "Cheers, Dave." What business company signs and email, letter or communication with “Cheers”. That is so unprofessional and the fact that they think we are going to read the response anyway is a joke. I hope and pray that my loan is not being transferred or salted this company, but I have a feeling it is. My complaint is for the harassment. I get constant calls from this company from different number because I block the numbers that come through and they just do an auto dial from another line.

You can tell because when you say hello they don’t answer you right away. You have to say hello three times in order for the line to connect, which means they are Robo dialing. Incidentally the calls always come from out of the country and always like the same person. A woman with the exact same accent. This is harassment. This company is not even accredited. Why would Wells Fargo sell to such an unprofessional and unaccredited company.

I have several accounts with Wells Fargo and have been with them since they have been in business. The company has changed hands three times and I’ve been with them ever since. Since 1986. I have never once had a problem with them and they’re always eager to help. I feel like this company is a scam and needs to be looked into. I guarantee you they don’t have any lawyers to follow through on their threats. If they don’t have enough money to be accredited or confidence to be accredited I doubt they have a team of lawyers. This is obviously a company that is run overseas. I’m going to start recording the calls.

Good Morning Christina,

I apologize you're experiencing this situation. These types of calls are very concerning and should be looked into. BSI is obligated to provide you not only with our Company name, but we must also state the reason for our call. Firstly, I need to identify you in order to validate BSI has attempted to call you. Please contact me at your earliest convenience, so I may better assist you identifying this situation and the authenticity of the calls.

Management

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I'm a disabled US Veteran. Have had my VA home for over 8+ years then recently the VA sold or transferred it to be serviced by the new LOW bidder that being BSI Financial Services. At no time was I ever notified by the BSI company that my loan was transferred so I continued to pay to the one I have been. Then I get a "Fake Billing statement" from BSI. Telling me if I do not send them $23,439.00 to a PO Box in Texas they will sell my home.

I soon learned that BSI is the lowest rated servicing company in the USA, they are from India, the CEO is Gagan Sharma who rarely is in the USA. Now BSI has been trying to force me to buy their insurance and has fraudulently attempted to alter my home loan with the VA, then they tried to muck up my taxes, they attempted to tell me NOT to pay my property taxes or Home Insurance to anyone except to the CEO Gagan Sharma. Another scam.

They are very much racists, discriminatory, and do NOT like American's especially Veterans, they have violated the US Banking Statutes, Financial Fraud, Defrauded the US Gov, and Me, committed perjury, altered official records. I highly suggest anyone who has the unfortunate dealings with BSI you should notify the FBI, CFPB and the States Attorney Generals office.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BSI Financial Services?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

BSI buys our mortgage from another company and immediately starts playing games with our insurance and escrow account. Now we are stuck with a forced insurance account and a monthly payment that is more than $200 higher than it should be. My wife has spent countless hours on the phone trying to get this straightened out and has been run in countless circles. It should be against the law for mortgage companies to buy and sell like that in the first place. Never, ever use this company. They will jack you around like you have never been jacked around before.

Good Morning Pat,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your escrow. Unfortunately I can not identify you nor your account by solely the name 'Pat' . Please feel free to reach out to our Customer Service Department 1-800-327-7861 and ask for me so I may immediately address your issue.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: July 30, 2018

My nightmare started when my mortgage was transferred to this company from Wells Fargo with loan modification as I was paying my mortgage. When they got my loan they told me it was in foreclosure again. Which had me confused since I was paying it and also in a loan modification. I have been dealing with every person in that company and every day it's a new story. They are now trying to foreclose on my home tomorrow and the only thing they want to talk about is a hundred and $80,000 to bring my account current when they simply can't tell me where my payments have been. I've also filed a complaint against the banking and insurance commissioner. They didn't even seem to care about that. If anyone gets a lawsuit going please let me know. I plan on continuing to make their life miserable.

Good Morning Erin,

I've located your account and see that your account is being reviewed. While there are many factors that are not mentioned in your complaint we are eager to assist in any way possible. Please continue to stay in contact with your single point of contact for any and all updates. If you require further assistance please call us 1-800-327-7861.

Management

Original review: July 9, 2018

As I'm reading 173 negative reviews all I can say is "I CAN RELATE". BSI Financial is the pits and everyone can't be telling a story and all I'm reading is how they apologize for their mess ups and that's being nice because I would really like to use other choice words. I been dealing with this company since August of 2017 and I must say they are worthless. I have asked numerous times how I am behind in payment when they transferred my loan from Fay Servicing. Each time I speak to a representative they give me false information concerning my loan. I sent copies of all of my canceled checks since December of 2016 and they sent me the same information in return.

After I made the call to them stating that they sent me the same information that I sent to them they then proceeded to say that they are still investigating. It is now July 2018 and they are still not able to tell me how I'm two months behind and keep giving me months that I sent them a check and it was deposited on their behalf. Each rep doesn't know what they are talking about because their communication within the company must suck. Oh and must I mention that their bookkeeping is also horrible because if it wasn't they wouldn't keep telling me I'm behind but can't tell me for which month exactly. I explained to them that I have taken my last mortgage company to court about the same thing and to also get that information from them so that they can see it's not behind and each representative I have spoken to stated that they will and haven't.

They are reporting that I have late payments to my credit report in which I have disputed it and also filed a complaint with the BBB. I should not have to do the footwork for a company I don't work for and if so I should be getting paid for my services. At this point I don't think they deserve a one star because all the services I get are way below that. I'm ready to take this issue to the news as well to see what can be done. If I decide to miss any payment it will never be my mortgage or somewhere I have to lay my head because I need a place to call home and able to sleep at night.

Afternoon Ms. Lewis,

On behalf of BSI, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you're having. While there are many factors to your situation that you've not mentioned in your post I'm eager to assist you in any way I can. I've identified your account and personally escalated this matter to our accouning dept.Once a review and audit has been completed I will personally call you with my findings.

Daniel Montez

Original review: July 3, 2018

If you hear the name BSI Financial RUN!!! They are the worst thieves in the mortgage business. Very unprofessional idiots. They say one thing and do exactly the opposite. My loan was in the middle of modification trials when they took over from Fay. The modification process took over 6 months with BSI only for them to falsify all documents to what they want. PLEASE do not do business with this company. They are thieves!!! They will rob you blind making you lose your home in the process. Beware and be forewarned. BSI Financial is a THIEF!!!

Angela,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced with this situation. Angela if you were in the process of obtaining a modification there are many factors that you've not mentioned. I would be happy to discuss your concerns further. Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 or email us at customercare@bsifinancial.com for additional assistance.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: June 30, 2018

I just went to login to my BSI Financial Services account to make my mortgage payment, which is due 7/1/18. It would not accept my user ID, which is correct. I went to "Forget my user ID" and then typed in the required information. It kept telling me that my account number was not found. I called the number and BSI only works business hours during the week so I got a voice system. I tried to do a payment by phone. Again, it would not let me.

I was able to leave a voicemail. I do not expect a call back but this VM, my login attempts, my retrieve user ID attempts, and this review will hopefully work together to demonstrate that I could not access my account. Was my account sold? Was it given a new account number? I just spoke to BSI several weeks ago about my mortgage amount after changing insurance companies. No mention of being sold. So why am I suddenly not an account holder anymore? I have never been late on a mortgage in 9 years 3 months. This is frustrating. I hope BSI Financial Services quickly and effectively resolves this issue so that I can make my mortgage payment.

Hi Kelly,

On behalf of BSI, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that you've experienced with our website. Unfortunately I'm not able to identify you nor your account as last names are not published. Kelly, BSI is a Loan Servicer so it could be a possibility that your loan was transferred. However if this was the case you would of received written notification. Please contact us ASAP so we can assist you 1-800-327-7861.
    Thanks,

Management

Original review: June 26, 2018

BSI has by far been the worst mortgage company that I have ever had and I have had at least 8 others. I see I am not alone by looking at all the other bad reviews of this company, I am being told that it will take up to 6 weeks to receive the funds that are due to me of over $3600. That is unacceptable to me as a consumer and a citizen. IF YOU HAVE ANY CHOICE IN THE MATTER--NEVER USE BSI FINANCIAL...

Good Morning Terry,

I'm so glad I was able to assist you in resolving this matter.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: June 8, 2018

I rate BSI with a '0'. They have a phone payment line and when I have tried to call in my mortgage payment (too many times) and the connection does not allow a person to key in all of the numbers. Essentially, the phone line does not work. I have reported it countless times. BSI will state 'No one else has a problem with the pay by phone'. One year they did not report my taxes in time to claim the deduction on my yearly tax form. I called them for a straight week and was given the runaround. Bad company.

Good Morning Mary,

On behalf of BSI, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that you've experienced with our automated system. Mary it's very uncommon that we have issues with our automated system however, please know that Management, Customer Service and our IT Dept. are some of the 1st to hear about a potential problem. Please call me personally if you continue to have this issue so I may identify your loan and have it reviewed by our IT Dept.

Daniel

Original review: May 22, 2018

I am an insurance agent working with a customer that has a loan with BSI. There is an escrow account, home insurance should have been paid 3/30 but was not. Ins Co sent customer a reminder, and that led to calling BSI. They give all sorts of crazy information, claim to have attempted to overnight (FedEx) to a PO Box number, claim they've issued 3 checks, but none of them get to the insurance company. Today I was told they found the problem - address updated in one system, but not another. Jessica in CS will call me back once fixed. Hmmm - they said this exact things 2 weeks ago to my co-worker.

This is not just incompetence, it is criminal to hold customer escrow money. Appears to me based on other complaints this is part of a pattern to hold customer funds and force them to buy forced place insurance - easily 3x the cost. I feel sorry for anyone that ends up with BSI. We work with a lot of lenders and this is by far the worst. Home insurance is about to be cancelled and they do nothing about it. SCUM!!!

Karen,

On behalf of BSI, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you've had. If you require further assistance please feel free to call us anytime between 8am -12pm EST. Our toll free number is 1-800-327-7861, I personally would like to resolve any issues you still may be having.

Management

Original review: May 15, 2018

Hail damaged my home. Insurance company made the check for repairs payable to BSI. BSI is just sitting on the money and refuse to give it to me so I can pay the contractor. The contractor completed the work more than 30 days ago and BSI refuses to respond to any of my requests for them to give me a check that I can give to the contractor and be over and done with this repair. I have sent letters in and called and cannot get any assistance from anyone. They could at least respond to my letters since I have asked specific questions in my letters. The staff at BSI are worthless.

BSI Financial Services response

Sir if you are familiar with this site you understand that it does not allow last names nor account numbers. Please help me understand how we are to identify you? I sent you a PM and have given you the option to contact me personally. Again I am not familiar with your account so if you'd like assistance please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Original review: May 3, 2018

This review is in regards to my mother's mortgage loan servicing company BSI. They continue to bill for an escrow account that we never had. We have made multiple phone calls, multi emails. They refuse to reply or acknowledge that they will deal with issue. Issue never gets resolved. They continue to add past due escrow amounts to statement. What part of "We Don't Have An Escrow Account, And DON'T WANT ONE" don't they understand? Seriously, one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing at BSI. I have never dealt with such bad service in my life. ATTN: MIRRIE ** at BSI. I have emailed you the info of homeowners insurance, and put in writing that we do not want escrow account. Yet, you continue to not acknowledge my emails, or return phone calls. You are a poor excuse for an employee. But guess what. We are refinancing and will hopefully never deal with your incompetence again!

Jason,

On behalf of BSI, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you've had. While there are many factors to your situation that you've not mentioned I believe it's a matter of clarification. I believe that you've spoken with your SPOC and all has been resolved. If you require further assistance please feel free to call us anytime between 8am -12pm EST.

Original review: May 3, 2018

My husband and I closed on our condo less than a year ago. One of the requirements of the closing with this mortgage company, was to reserve a year's worth of Homeowners Association fees with them. We complied and set aside 8,265.96. It is listed on our HUD under Association Reserves. This was money that my husband and I had to come up with and hand over to them. The payments are 1,033.00 due quarterly. The first payment was in October of 2017. I received a letter and a corresponding phone call from the management company that they did not receive the payment. I called the mortgage company and explained to them that they have to pay this fee. It was required by you and money was set aside.

After being transferred numerous times to many different departments, they realized they are required to pay this and sent out a check. They assured me that they would clear up the confusion on their end and when the next payment was due not to worry. They would pay it. January 2018 rolled around and again the same thing happened. I called them and after more transfers and confusion I explained the setup again and they realized again that they have to pay the HOA for that month. This time I asked the girl if she needs the payment coupons I have so they have an address where to send the payment to and a contact person. She gave me the fax number and I faxed the documents over to them.

Both the October payment and the January payment were a month late. I am now in April 2018 and again I receive a letter from my management company that the dues were never paid. Again, I call the mortgage company. I am transferred three times, explain the situation three more times and the only response I get is "we will need to research this someone will get back to you." They patronized me, cut me off while I was speaking and hung up on me.

Meanwhile, my dues are a month late again. I complied with everything they asked me to do. They have all the documents they need from both myself and the closing attorney that clearly states they are responsible for making the HOA payment from reserves set aside for this purpose. They have violated the terms of our escrow agreement and are causing us to be continually delinquent on the HOA dues. We were told the reason they are asking for a year's worth of dues up front is so that they can pay them to ensure they are paid on time to avoid a delinquency, which is exactly what is continually happening.

Hi Kerry,

On behalf of BSI, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you've had. If you would like assistance please feel free to call us anytime between 8am -12pm EST. I personally would love to resolve any issues you still may be having.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: April 23, 2018

Sometime about a year ago, I received a notification that BSI Financial was taking over my loan. I was concerned that it may have been because of the impending foreclosure and chapter 13 status, all due to the shenanigans and lies and scandals committed by the company whose loan they sold to BSI. Had that previous lender had modified or refinanced the loan they said I qualified for, nearly 6 years ago, this wouldn't even be a conversation. Now it's well known about the transgressions they've committed. I hoped that I would have an easier time working with them, until I read these reviews, all of which I am sure they are credible.

I just checked with my local tax office and saw my taxes were not paid, and thought that could be possible because I hadn't been able to pay my mortgage to the trustee, which again would have not even been a factor had my rate have been modified or refinanced 6 years ago. Nobody is paying 6.5 % not even now and rates were available for 2.x - 3.x % back when I was proactive and began the process 2 years after the previous modification.

At least I can go ahead with the escrow refund and supplement it with my own payment to get this paid current. But after reading these tales of woe, I'm not sure I'm going to have a good experience with them either. I generally don't write reviews unless I am thrilled with a company's products and services or am very displeased. At least I've been warned -Watch your back. Hopefully the end result is I save my house but move my loan to where I'm assured I get outstanding and responsive service.

Larry,

On behalf of BSI, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you've had. While there are many factors to your situation that you've not mentioned I believe it's a matter of clarification. BSI services many loans in situations that are all different, including yours. If you would like assistance please feel free to call us anytime between 8am -12pm EST.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: April 16, 2018

If you should have the misfortune of having these people as your loan servicing company, #1 run away as fast as you can and refinance your home! You will have to stay on top of them every month to make sure your payments are posted, you will have to tell them to refigure your escrow, you may have to call them 11 times to get them to do it. When you call customer service, you may as well be talking to your cat. Call back as many times as you want and ask the same question, I guarantee you will get a different answer every time!

If you ask for a LOAN MODIFICATION, YOU BETTER HAVE A SHOE BOX READY TO LIVE IN BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE YOUR BEST INTEREST AT HEART... They want your house! So do yourself a favor and pay your mortgage. They don't want to help you. If you have just 1 late payment for your whole loan, they will promise to remove the late fee and when you call to find out why it wasn't taken off, they will ask you, "who told you that"! Just fair warning my friends! BBB and the consumer financial protection bureau heard from me today. If BSI is your lender, you may get to know these people too. Have a great day.

Hi Kelly,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced. We would be happy to discuss your concerns further. Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 or email us at customercare@bsifinancial.com for additional assistance.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: March 30, 2018

This is the worst company I've ever dealt with. I was with previous company for 10 years. Never had a late fee. In the past 11 months I have had 4. One of which was a late fee for February of 2017 and they didn't have the loan, they took over on March 2 2017. I have called several times even contacted the previous mortgage company. My bank sends out the payment on the 10th as it's programmed to. It takes BSI anywhere from 2 to 10 days to process. Some months there is no late fee. Can't figure what they do. All they tell me it's my fault. Been doing this for 10 years. Never had a problem till now. Don't get paid till the 10th, payment goes out on the 10th. Some months it's process in 2 days. This month it took 9 days. Looking for a new mortgage company.

Good Moring Jeff,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced. We would be happy to discuss your concerns further. Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 or email us at customercare@bsifinancial.com for additional assistance or contact me directly.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: March 16, 2018

Learn from my headache and do NOT do business with this company if you can avoid it. My original home loan was sold to BSI, so I really didn't have much choice in having to deal with them. In July of 2017, I decided to refinance my mortgage with another company and my loan to BSI was paid in full in August. On September 15, 2017, BSI took a house payment (September's payment) out of my bank account. Of course I was shocked to see that come out of my account, especially when I wasn't expecting it since I had a zero balance with them as of August. I called them to find out why they took the money and the person who could help me was unavailable.

I was promised a callback. Several days went by, no call. I finally called them back and the only answer I could get was, "That shouldn't have happened", but no answer to why it happened or when I would get my money refunded. They needed to investigate. A few weeks later in October, I received a call from the BSI payoff dept stating I needed to send them an email stating I wanted to close the account. (The lady who called knew nothing about my refund, just noticed that the account had been paid off, but I needed to close the account officially. Weird, I've never had to do that on my other home refi's, but ok). She gave me directions of what to do, say and where to send the email.

I sent the requested email that night when I got home from work. On November 9th, I called and spoke with customer service (this company's customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with btw) to check on the status of my refund and I was informed it was being processed and I should receive it in 7-10 business days. The holiday season came and went and still no refund. On Jan 9, 2018 I called them again to see where my refund was. They said I needed to send them a request to close my account.

A close line letter they called it. I told them I emailed it to them back in October, per their instructions. Per the CS rep, they never received it. She then informed me that an email wouldn't work anyway as they needed an original signature on their form. "Fine. Will you email me a copy of the form so I can sign it and send it back?" She said yes and that it would be emailed to me right away. I looked in my email for several days and no letter. I even checked my snail mail thinking maybe I misunderstood her and she was going to mail it to me.

On Jan 19th, I called back to let them know I still had not received the letter and I was told it was still being processed and would be sent out by Jan 22nd at the latest. (Seriously, who takes that long to send out an email?) I asked to speak with a manager as this was getting ridiculous. The rep contacted a manager named Mirrie ** and said they would send me the form immediately. They did, to my surprise. I signed it, emailed and faxed it back. I also emailed Mirrie ** with my concerns and some questions about my refund, to which the reply I received was a very short "We didn't get the form. Resubmit." No answer to any of my questions or any expressed concern or sympathy about the runaround I am getting from their company.

On Feb 5, 2018 I called to check on the status of my refund. They said they had not received my signed copy of the close line letter. She was however, able to locate the email I sent back in October asking them to close my account, but that wasn't enough. I verified where I should be sending a copy of my signed letter and sent it again. (Btw, while this nightmare of trying to get my refund was going on, BSI also closed, then re-opened my auto payments through my bank account (remember, my account with them is a zero balance) and they also put mandatory insurance on my home to the tune of $1200.00 because they didn't have proof of insurance, even though they were no longer the mortgage company that my loan was financed through.

I called 2 weeks ago to find out the status of my refund and they told me it was being processed and I should have it the next week (3/4-3/10). I finally felt relief, like maybe this nightmare was over. Guess what, still no refund and today I received a call from BSI stating that I need to provide them a signed copy of the "Close line letter" in order for them to process my refund and close my account!!! How many times do I have to go through this with this company? How is it that one person tells me it's being processed and the other person tells me they have no record of what they need. I am a very patient person, but I am done with this company and am going to find a way to take action against them. It's been 7 months! SERIOUSLY, DO NOT USE BSI FINANCIAL.

Hi Aundrea,

On behalf of BSI, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you've had. Please note that I'd like to assist you personally in getting this matter resolved immediately. I've thoroughly reviewed the account and believe once you and I speak we can resolve this with clarification. Again, I would be happy to discuss your concerns further. Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 and your call will be directed to me.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

If I could give them less than one star I would. They put forced place flood insurance on my even though I pay for it. Then they said it wasn't enough-it is more than the loan amount so that is enough. Now after 18 months of me paying my own insurance and taxes, they say my escrow is 36 months short and are going to jack up my payment for the shortage. But I don't have an escrow account because I pay my own insurance and taxes! Fools. But if I don't pay, you know what happens. It is theft. The customer service people never, ever know the answer but always want 7-10 business days to research it. And they want me to fax them documents, 2 and 3 times because it is never received. And who faxes anymore? FOOLS.

Lynn,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced with regard to your escrow account. We would be happy to discuss your concerns further. Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 or email us at customercare@bsifinancial.com for additional assistance.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Signed up with "Greg" just after Thanksgiving, had to pay upfront $170 before they would begin ANY settlement discussions. Paid that... It is now over 2 months later, I have paid to them $1048, and still I have NO settlements in place, interest and fees are still accruing on the 2 accounts, and when you call Customer Service they know nothing! They will NEVER provide ANY documentation of monies received NOR monies paid out! No beginning balances... NOTHING! When I requested PROOF of payments made, they REFUSED! Been calling my "Rep" Greg for 3 WEEKS. He refuses to return ANY calls! DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE! They are a scam!

David,

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Extremely poor customer service! Our mortgage was sold to BSI by our original lender & the transition has been brutal. We received a letter from original lender informing us that our loan would now be serviced by BSI and we should send next month's payment to BSI instead. BSI never sent us a statement or letter or anything so when the next payment became due we mailed it to BSI at the address given by original lender. We included a copy of the letter from the original lender about the transfer which had all of the account info. The check cleared our bank & then we received a letter from BSI explaining that they would now be handling our loan. Still no statement for next payment but a "temporary coupon" was included with the letter so we mailed the 2nd month's payment in with that.

The amount of payment increased by 16% although we were told everything would stay the same. The 2nd month's check cleared our bank but BSI has not applied the payment to our account and continues to send past due notices. We have not had any luck on the phone so by certified mail, we sent copies of the cancelled check. They still can't get it corrected. For the 3rd month's payment we finally received a statement but that too, shows last month's payment has not been paid. Although we made the payment & have sent BSI a copy of the canceled check, they cannot seem to get it corrected. Another phone call today proved unsuccessful. Shopping for another lender.

John,

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

My mortgage servicing was transferred to BSI beginning December 1 from another servicer with just two weeks notice. I had never heard of BSI before and when I went on ConsumerAffairs to see what I could find out about them, I was not happy. Negative review after negative review, horror story after horror story. Combine those reviews with the $20 BSI charges to make a payment using a customer service representative and that you can't make partial payments online unless you pay the full monthly amount, I was not liking this new servicer at all (I have to split my monthly payment and was able to do so at no charge with my previous servicer).

The good news is that I called BSI today to see if there was anything that I could do and learned that I was assigned someone to talk to who is not a CSR. Her name is Nicole ** and she was wonderful. She was patient, knowledgeable and explained what my payment options are to make it work for me. And she processed a half month's payment for me, no problem. Have to give props where props are due. I'm still leery about BSI but kudos to Ms. **!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

They consistently lost our payments and charged us a late fee. We finally had to do auto-pay. When you call it’s nearly impossible to get a person on the phone and when you do, they never follow-up or call you back. Just a very bad experience all around. Borrowers beware!!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I have not yet received the overpayment after the closing of my mortgage. I have now waited over 12 weeks. Every time I call I have to give them my current address AGAIN! Each time they give me a new date that the check has been mailed! How hard it is to write an address down and mail a check! Absolutely the most incompetent people that I have had to deal with.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I have had the worst experience with BSI Financial Services. This is the third home I've owned, and the first time my mortgage is with BSI. Anything that can go wrong with them in the last year has for me. I first had them automatically withdraw from my account my payment. I set up the days of the month I needed the payment to charge my account. Well, twice they charged my account on the incorrect day, thus overdrawing my account. My latest experience is with them paying my escrow to my homeowners.

When my insurance carrier contacted me one month ago to tell me it hasn't been paid I immediately contacted BSI. Well one month later it still is not paid, I had to pay my insurance carrier out of my pocket in order to avoid cancellation of my homeowners and to this day BSI still has not paid the escrow payment to my insurance company. I literally have called 6 times and get completely different answers from every person I talk to. If anyone is looking to use BSI for their mortgage - read this! DO NOT DO IT!!! They are the absolute worst company in the world.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

My husband and I filed for a modification and they denied it (a investor owns property mccomick). We filed for bankruptcy and now I am trying to make a payment. Cant talk to anyone. Voicemail is all you get.

Original review: July 23, 2017

After 5 years of trying to obtain a modification from my lender, BSI Financial Services, I was granted one in March of 2016. My 1st payment was due on April 1, 2016 with a 10 day grace period. I sent my payment in the form of money orders, certified mail, on April 2, 2016. On April 15, 2016, I called my loss mitigation specialist, Sandra ** to confirm the receipt of payment. She did not answer, so I left a message and sent an email. I called again on 4-18-2016 and Ms. ** answered. I asked if my payment had been received. She said no. I told her that I sent the payment certified mail and the post office told me that the payment had reached its destination. I also told her that I called MoneyGram to see if the money orders had been cashed. They hadn't. I informed her that I had taken pictures of the money orders after I filled them out, before I mailed them. She asked me to email her the picture. I did. She confirmed receipt of the email.

I called and emailed almost everyday for the remainder of that month asking if the payment had been received. On May 1, 2016, I called BSI to make my second payment over the phone using my debit card. My call was answered by Kyle ext: ** in Titusville PA. He told me that he could not accept my payment because there was a code on my account that needed to be removed by my loss mitigation specialists. I asked to be transferred to my specialist, but Sandra ** was not available. I left her a message letting her know that I was having issues with their system and to please advise me as to what I should do.

Over the next week I called 5 times, but was unable to reach Ms. **. Finally, on May 10, 2016 I was able to reach Ms. ** and she told me that BSI would not accept my second payment because my first payment had not yet been received which meant it was late and I had defaulted on my agreement. She said the agreement was now null and void and BSI would reinstate foreclosure proceedings. I told her that my payment not being received was not my fault and that I had sent it certified mail. She said they hadn't received it yet, and the matter was out of her hands. Later that month, when I received my next billing statement it reflected that my payment had been received and applied to my balance.

I have been trying since May of 2016 to obtain another modification, but BSI has been completely uncooperative. BSI has been trying ever since to foreclose on my home, to the point that I have had to file for bankruptcy protection. I am currently in Bankruptcy. I am not asking for special treatment, I simply want the modification I was promised and worked so hard to obtain so that I may keep my home. An auction sale date for my property has been set for this Friday July 28, 2017.

As a resolution, I am seeking a modification of my loan. I have been told by "Keep Your Home California," a Federally funded program set up by The US Treasury Department that if BSI would be willing to modify my loan and put the amount that I owe as a deferment and not a balloon, then I could reapply with the negative equity as a hardship and would qualify for KYHCs Principal Reduction Program which would pay up to $1000,000 to my lender to help me get caught up on what I owe. Please help. I do not want to lose my home. I am not sure where to go, but after doing research on BSI Financial and their modification procedures, I discovered there are hundreds of complaints against BSI and their business practices. They are pulling this scam all across america and there is no one standing up for the little guy losing his home daily.

On June 6, 2017. I went to the Nationwide Posting & Publication website to view foreclosure sale information about my home. Once I arrived at the site, It stated that my property was to be sold the following day, June 7, 2017. After reviewing the information, I called my loan servicer, BSI Financial and asked to speak to my account manager, Sandra **. I was told that Sandra wasn't available and was asked if I needed help by the person who answered my call. That person was Lazandra **.

Lazandra ** told me that she was an account specialist and worked in the Loss Mitigation Dept. with Sandra **. I told her that I had visited the Nationwide Posting website and that it said my property was up for sale the following day. I asked her if the website was correct and was my home going to be put up for auction on the 7th? She said no. According to her records, BSI had received my request for a Modification and that they had received a complete package. She also said she, nor BSI needed any further documents from me. She told me that because I was under review for a modification, that the sale had been placed on hold, and my property will not be put up for auction the following day.

Lazandra also said that according to California state law, no property can be sold while under review for a modification, that my Loss Mitigation Package was currently being reviewed by the underwriter, and according to California state law, even if my request for an appeal is denied, BSI has to send me a denial letter and give me 30 days to appeal their decision. If BSI denies my appeal, they have to send me an appeal denial letter before my property can be placed back up for auction.

I asked Lazandra several more times throughout our 9 minute and 54 sec. long conversation, Lazandra, are you 100% sure that my property will not go to auction tomorrow, June 7th? She assured me that their was no chance of my property being put up for auction because in her system there was no sale date attached to my property and that the sale had been placed on hold. She told me the only reason Nationwide Posting had a sale date of June the 7th showing on their website was because their system was slow and she had access to the most up to date information regarding my property.

I even asked Lazandra directly, If BSI denies my request for a modification today June 6th, are you saying you still can't sell my home tomorrow because you have to give me time to appeal and resubmit documents? Lazandra said yes, that is correct. Her exact words were We can't place your property back on the market while you are in the appeals process. We have to give you 30 days to appeal, we have to review your appeal, and we have to send you an answer back before we can place your property back on the market because you are in the state of California.

And just because I wanted to make very sure that I was understanding her correctly, I asked once more before our conversation ended, Lazandra, are you sure my property will not go to auction tomorrow? Her answers was, No your property will not go to auction tomorrow because it's under review and it has been placed on hold. She said maybe it would go to auction if there weren't a hold placed on the account, but there is, so you have nothing to worry about. I asked if I could get a printed document that says the sale has been placed on hold? She said, no, but don't worry, your home will not be put up for auction tomorrow.

At about 10:30 am on Wednesday, June 7th., the day after I spoke with Lezandra **, I checked the Nationwide Posting & Publication website to see if there had been any changes in regards to my account being placed on hold. To my surprise, upon reviewing the site, I noticed that it had been updated to now include an opening bid amount for my home and the time in which the sale would start (1:00 pm pst). I immediately called BSI and requested to speak with my account manager, Sandra **. I was told she was in a meeting. I then requested to speak with her supervisor, I was told he was in a meeting as well. I told the person who answered my call (I didn't get her name) about the previous conversation I had with Lazandra the day before. I told her that the website had gone from saying Scheduled sale date 6/7/2017 to listing an opening bid amount and a time in which the sale would take place.

She said The hold on your property has been removed and the request for modification was closed out today. I asked if my property would in fact be put up for auction? She said she couldn't give me that information because she was in a different department and didn't have access to those notes. I asked to speak with her supervisor and she told me that he wouldn't be able to help me either. I asked to speak with her supervisor again and she placed me on hold. After being on hold for a very long time, I was transferred to someone named Daniel **. He said he was a Manager in the corporate office in Dallas Texas.

I explained to Daniel, my conversation with Lezandra and that the woman who transferred me to him said the hold was removed and I was no longer under consideration for a modification. I told him I needed to know if my property will be put up for auction today at 1:00 pm (less than 3hr. from now.) His exact words were Mr. **, let me just confirm with you that BSI is a servicer. We service loans for private investors. Your particular investor happens to be CAM Trust who's the owner of the note. In the state of California, there is a law named the SB-900 law that states that a bank, servicer, or investor can deny the review of a loan modification package if it's sent when there is a scheduled sale date (which is not true). Daniel ** also said We have received your request for a modification and the investor had declined to review it and we are proceeding with sale today at 1:00 pm.

I asked Daniel if Lazandra had lied when she told me I had 30 days to appeal a denial. Was she lying when she said that there was no way for my home to go to auction on the 7th? At that point, Daniel cut me off, mid sentence, and began to get very aggressive and rude. He told me that I needed to Stop talking now if I want my questions answered! He also said Mr. **, you've had your chance to speak, now it's my turn. When I'm done, you can ask any questions you want! He then said, No, Lazandra was not lying. The hold was removed today, you spoke with Lazandra yesterday. She would have seen a hold on the account yesterday because the hold was not removed until sometime this morning.

I then said, Lazandra told me I had 30 days after a denial to appeal. Daniel said, No, thats based on the packet we were going to review you for however, it was brought to our attention today that we have received notification from the investor this morning to remove the hold, we are gonna proceed with sale. I asked him if the sale would be taking place at 1 pm my time or his time. He said my time. I asked for his full name and location, thanked him for his time, and we hung up. I was forced to file a bankruptcy to protect my home. The sale was postponed to June 30. I was not given a full 30 days to appeal their decision. In fact, today is June 28, 2017 and neither myself, nor my attorney have yet to receive a denial letter from BSI. It is my belief that BSI purposely gave me wrong information in an attempt to fraudulently and underhandedly foreclose on my property.

As a result of my conversations with both Lazandra * and Daniel **, I have questions: 1. Why would Lazandra ** tell me that my Loss Mitigation packet was under review with the underwriter if it wasn't? 2. Why would Lezandra tell me that BSI has to give me 30 days to appeal, they have to review my appeal, and they have to send me an answer back before they can place my property back on the market because I am in the state of California, if that was not true? 3. Why would Daniel ** lie about SB-900? 4. Why have I still not received a denial letter from BSI? 5. Why did Daniel ** lie about the investor declining to review my Loss Mitigation package?

I was sent a letter from Sandra ** on April 27, 2017 that stated, my Loss Mitigation package was received and is being reviewed by BSI. A decision will be determined within 30 days from that date. I called numerous times to get an update, but my calls were never returned. However, if I had been under review since April 27th and it takes 30 days to make a decision, how is it possible that the investor decided on June 7th that they would deny reviewing my Loss Mitigation packet? There are too many inconsistencies with BSI's business practices.

I assure you that my statements in this complaint are truthful and factual, however if anyone questions the accuracy of my statements, I would be more than happy to send the videotaped recordings of both conversations. I couldn't attached the videos to this complaint because the files were too big and there was no way for me to cut them into small enough pieces to attach them.

My only goal is to receive a modification. I have sent off another Loss Mitigation package and it is my hope, that this time, BSI will be fairly reviewed and considered my request. I know I have missed payments, but it is my goal to get back on track and repay everything I owe through a modification. I am now able to work with Keep Your Home California, but they do not assist applicants who are in active bankruptcies. My prayer is that BSI will postpone my sale date to August 31, 2017, so that KYHC can have the time they need to review and assist me in my modification and repayment of what's owed. I live in a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom house in an unincorporated part of Fontana California. My mortgage is $1,600 per month with an interest rate of over 6%.

In my neighborhood and in surrounding neighborhoods in this part of my county, a person can rent a 4 bedroom 3 bathroom house for $1,600 per month. In fact, the house next door to mine is for rent for $1,300 per month and it's a 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bathroom home on an acre of land. That price is reflective of the current market in my area. At the current amount of my mortgage, getting a roommate isn't even feasible. In order to get a roommate, I would have to charge half my mortgage, $800 per month. It would be impossible to find a roommate because you can rent a 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom house in my neighborhood for $700. I need help. If I could just get my interest rate lowered, I would be able to make the payment. I am asking BSI to please approve me for a modification. Thank you.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I recently had an increase in my mortgage payment. I called this company for an explanation and spoke with a female named Jamie at extension ** on July 3, 2017. This person not only could not give me an explanation for the increase, but lied and misdirected me by asking me to go back to the County and ask for a different letter of my new Homestead Exemption. She claimed that the company did not receive this letter that was faxed to them 3 month ago on May 11, 2017.

I called back BSI office in Titusville, PA 1-800-327- 7861 the same day after visiting my County's Office after they told me that letter the letter they had sent me was correct. Jamie had also told me that my escrow increase was due to a tax disbursement that was made back in 2015, which was completely false. I have copies of the taxes that have been paid on my property to prove it. This character of "Jamie" at extension ** was not available, but that was difficult to locate without a last name I was told. So the poor person that answered my call took the heat professionally and took note to send for a correction of my Annual Escrow Account Disclosure Statement (as she told me). Also this person told me that she found the letter of my new Exemption that "Jamie" told me they had not received.

Last year there was another incident with a payment they claimed they had not received. They payment was sent by my bank. Even though I provided them with a transaction number they harassed me with phone calls morning, afternoons and evenings. I had to put a stop payment on the check that the bank had sent and send them the payments with late charge fees included to get them off my hair. I found out on my own that the new escrow increase was due to an increase in my Home Insurance, they still have to correct the financial projection (Annual Escrow Account Disclosure Statement) since my taxes for the year 2017 went down. CONSUMER BEWARE if you have the misfortune of using BSI Financial Services. Keep your eyes open for accuracy for any bill they send you and record the last name of the person you speak to if you have to address any issue. Thanks for reading my review and good luck.

BSI Financial Services Company Information