Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Mortgages

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.15/5

BSI Financial Services Reviews

Original review: March 20, 2020

BSI is our 2nd mortgage. We made an insurance claim back in August of 2019. Took forever to get our 1st claim check back from them. We received our 2nd check in January. They are still holding it despite the work being completed. We call everyday, and everyday they have a different excuse as to why they are holding the check. Mind you, they are the 2nd mortgage and don't have the rights to the check. The 1st mortgage does. We called them AGAIN yesterday, as we have done for 2 months. Now the excuse is that because of the coronavirus they don't have access to files. They are very unorganized and you never get to talk to the same person. My contractor has been waiting, more than patiently, for his money. I truly hope these scam artists can sleep at night knowing what they put people through. Run from this company!!!

Good Morning Denise,

BSI would like to apologize for your negative experience with your insurance claim. I'd like to learn more about your specific situation since I was unable to locate an account solely by the name 'Denise'. If you wouldn't mind giving us a call at 1-800-327-7861 at your earliest convenience, it would be greatly appreciated. We look forward to speaking with you and working towards your positive feedback.

Management

Original review: March 13, 2020

Predatory lender, beware of dealing with them. They will repeatedly sell your mortgage back and forth between their proxy companies and DBA's until you're on the brink of foreclosure, then they'll offer an "in house" modification and eat your equity. Then they'll take your home and sell it out from under you and you'll either be a tenant or homeless.

Good Morning David,

My apologies that your experience has not been positive with BSI. I'm unsure why BSI would place a loan in foreclosure unless you the homeowner has defaulted in your contract agreement. Obviously there are many factors that you've not mentioned in order to paint a transparent picture of the situation. Unfortunately there is no way for me to identify you or your loan due to privacy. If you would like assistance please feel free to contact me personally.

Daniel Montez

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
          Original review: March 12, 2020

Please refinance if you are using BSI for ANYTHING. We are in the process of doing so now. The customer care is horrible, and the people I spoke with seemed completely lost. BSI is refusing to rerun our escrow at our correct tax rate, though it has been adjusted in their system. They are sitting on our money and insisting we pay the higher mortgage cost for the entire year. This company is dirty. Get out now.

BSI Financial Services response

There is no way to identify you or your account by solely your first name. As you know this website protects your privacy and only list 'Hannah'. I'm sorry but I will not list my personal direct number here so you are welcome to call the toll free number and ask for me.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Very poor communication. Told to send in a check to be signed. Wasn't told to send in the insurance estimate. Now have to wait to pay the people who did the job. They have been waiting over a week already. I would never recommend BSI to anybody. One of the worst I have ever dealt with.

Hi Cheryl,

On behalf of BSI, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you've had. Unfortunately there is no way for me to identify you by solely your first name. Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 and your call will be directed to me personally or one of our supervisor.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Servis One, Inc. dba BSI Financial Services. BSI NMLS#38078 A very unorganized and always talking around your questions of all the fees and charges. We had a house fire and sent the insurance check to them and it has been over a month and they still have not sent us a check to start repairs of our property. Lots of unexplained fees and cost. Do not get involved with this company!!!!

Good Morning Makesha,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced.I would be happy to discuss your concerns further. Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 for additional assistance. You can also contact me personally and I will be more than happy to assist.

Management

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BSI Financial Services?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

We didn’t choose BSI. Our loan was to them. They became the 3rd less than helpful company since we refinanced in July of 2019. Because of less than helpful customer service we decided to refinance as soon as we were able. We are in the process of doing so now and there less than helpful goes toward other financial institutions as well refusing to accept electronic signed forms although they accept them or so I assume. The refuse to accept a release of information form in deference to their poorly written form. So we have to waste time with them being a pain in the behind. Honestly I have no clue based upon seeing the review and the auto generated responses to negative reviews how they are even in business. Poor customer service all around. Run from this company.

Good Morning David,

Sorry to hear of your experience with BSI. Please note that our responses are not generated responses but rather generic ones simply because there is no way to identify you nor your account. As you can see above I can only see the name 'David'. This obviously is for your protection and alias. Electronic signatures are not accepted on certain documents. This is not our policy but rather the LAW we are governed by. If you would like my assistance please contact me.

Daniel

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

BSI purchased a second mortgage loan that was included in and discharged in a chapter 13 bankruptcy in March, 2019. I provided all the documentation to prove that this original account was discharged yet they continued to send me delinquent statements. It also reflected on my credit report as a delinquent account which affected my credit score. In October, 2019 they finally sent a letter stating that the account was closed, yet they are still sending me delinquent notices.

I have been dealing with this unprofessional company for a year now and every time I call I’m told that it’s being sent to the bankruptcy department to expedite. I am finally at the point where I am going to seek legal assistance because I am tired of dealing with this and, by law, they cannot seek payment for a debt that has been included in a Bankruptcy. This is by far the worst company that I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with and I am about to file a law suit if they do not leave me alone! This company should be shut down!

Good Morning Cynthia,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced. I would be happy to discuss your concerns further. There are many details that I'll need in order to identify your account with BSI.Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 for additional assistance. You can also contact me personally and I will be more than happy to assist.

Management

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

My loan was recently sold to another company. The mortgage payment was accidentally sent to BSI instead of the current lender. I received a “voided check” but that meant nothing since they converted the payment into an ACH. Was told to send documentation from my bank that the funds were taken out. Did so and 2 and a half weeks later after calling to check the status, they still can’t tell me anything and have no record of the documentation I sent them. Was told they would check on it and call me back. Still waiting 3 days later. Beyond frustrating to work with and in the meantime had to come up with another payment for new mortgage company so we don’t fall behind. Very shady!!!!

Good Morning Emily,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced.I would be happy to discuss your concerns further. There are many details that you've not

not mentioned so more information will be needed. Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 for additional assistance. You can also contact me personally and I will be more than happy to assist.

Management

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

BSI is an absolute joke. My parents have their mortgage through them and it has been a nightmare. My father had a massive stroke and can't do anything. That being said my mom was forced to take over. I started helping her and discovered that BSI applies 100.00 or less of their 900+ dollar payment toward the principal. With an 8.2 % interest rate the principal should be lowering significantly each month. Nope!!! They can't get anything straight and give you the run around. Contact us they say. For what? They give some lame story that makes zero sense. Plus recently they denied endorsing a insurance check to get storm repairs done. We are tired of dealing with them. Time to contact our attorney. AVOID BSI AT ALL COSTS!!!! THE MAFIA HAS BETTER LOANS AVAILABLE AND WITH LESS INTEREST!

Hi Brandon,

BSI would like to apologize for your negative experience with our company. I'm sorry to hear of your fathers stroke. Please note the BSI has nothing to do with the interest rate your parents agreed to originally. BSI is a loan servicing company, not the originator of the original loan. Like with anything that involves interest it can all seem shocking. I would suggest you call us to see if we can make suggestions that could lower the pmt.

Management

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

BSI sold our loan to Amerifirst out of the blue. Now we see why. We have paid 50,000 plus dollars on a 31,000 loan because they charged us daily interest. The housing deed states we should be charged 13 percent YEARLY interest. This mistake has now left us with a 27,000 balance. We have been paying since 2007. It is my hope and prayer that they right this wrong. Thanks a lot BSI.

Hi Vernesia,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced. I would be happy to discuss your concerns further. We are not the original lender of your note. BSI is a loan servicer. It is impossible that you were charged higher rates just because. Unless your loan was in default, this is called default interest. Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 for additional assistance. You can also contact me personally and I will be more than happy to assist.

BSI Financial Services Company Information