2. Mortgages

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.17/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

BSI Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BSI Financial Services?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about BSI Financial Services?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

The company is the worst for customer service that I have dealt in years. I was trying to pay off my loan and they changed payout amount after sending me a letter of the payout amount. I called for three days and could not get a response. I HATE this company. Do not deal with them if you can avoid them.

Good Morning,

I'm sorry to read your negative experience with BSI. Please call me personally if you still require assistance. We would not deny a payoff unless it was short the amount needed to release the lien.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

Updated on 09/22/2020: I've continually asked for BSI Financial to send me the Loan Payoff on my mortgage that I refinanced so that I can make sure they have given me the correct escrow refund. I've been asking for 2 weeks now and they say, "We'll send it via email" and I still haven't received it. You know an email takes about 2 minutes to send. When I called last week, after waiting 30 minutes, a precorded voice mail said someone will call you back. That was last week and I'm still waiting. I'd simply like for my Loan Payoff to be sent to me immediately.

Original Review: This is the worst mortgage servicers I've ever seen. I believe they intentionally don't cash your mortgage payment so they can charge you a late fee. This has happened to me multiple times. I pay my mortgages via billpay and this is the only company where they just don't show up. I think they hold them so they can get late fees. They always seem to show up after I've paid them only which they charge $7 for plus the late fee. Think of all the people they are ripping off by doing this and how much money they make by doing so. In addition, they don't have real time accounting so when you make a payment it doesn't show up on your account until the next month so you can't verify the information is correct. They also play with your escrow money so make sure your insurance and property taxes are paid as they've already been sued for that.

Good Morning Kevin,

I'm sorry to read your review. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so I may clarify or address any issue you may be having. Keven do note that when you submit your payment via 'BillPay', your banks send us a check. This check is sent by US Mail and as we are all aware the mail is running behind. Please ensure your billpay date is set to allow plenty of time for the bank to produce the pmt and mail it to us all within your grace period.

DM

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

After reading several reviews here I got the chills because I relived the horror of this company again. I can't believe that other people had to go through what I went through and it now tells me that this company is intentionally not paying insurance premiums and forcing land holders into their really high policy. This company has to be the worse servicing company out there. They never ever return calls, they are rude and just dont care. They did not pay both of my insurance premiums for both property that I have which screwed up my entire month payment with an increase of more than 600 a month per house and then forced me to pay it and charged me tons of late fees.

Most all insurers in Florida went up sky high and I was in limbo. After reading these reviews I must reach to the California AG office and report this scam. They own the 3rd party insurance that they force on us and they make money. This is a shame. Let's get a lawsuit going please people. These company need to go out of business.

Good Morning Mr. Rudolph,

Thank You for allowing me to assist you with this matter. In your case this was a miscommunication and matter that needed clarification. Per more contracts when one is late outside of these grace period you will incur fees. As a courtesy we a agreed to waive these fees based upon your your individual circumstances. Would you please consider updating your complaint as your issue had been resolved within less than 48 hours. Let me know if you require further assist.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

I am about to make my first mortgage payment to BSI Financial Services. I was going to use my Chase online payment service, like I do for all my bills. I called BSI just to make sure everything was set up for them to receive the payment. Am I ever glad I did. I was told they do not accept electronic payments. I was warned Chase would have to print a check and then USPS it to them! Hold on, there’s more. The customer service agent said, with all the problems the USPS is going through, the checks can take 3 to 4 weeks to be entered! My response to her was, “This is the first time I’ve ever used you, and I’m not impressed. This doesn’t sound like a Dallas, Texas bank, more like a Dallas, Idaho bank.” That drew a laugh from the agent.

I then did some research and found no one on this board has given them anything but the lowest score possible, one star. Further research led me to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, a US Government agency. A headline from housingwire.com reads, “CFPB settles with BSI Financial Services over numerous mortgage servicing issues.” I’m certain they’ll deny it, but might they not accept electronic payments, so they can charge late fees and blame the USPS? There’s a fellow we all know who is doing the same.

Good Morning James,

there is a huge delay in mail processing with USPS, nothing to do with BSI. There are so many other ways to pay your mortgage rather than by traditional mail. While we currently do not accept electronic payments, I encourage you to get set up on recurring draft with BSI. You choose they day from a checking or savings account and it's hassle free with no cost. Unfortunately we forget as consumers that a majority of our mail is transported on airlines causing the delay.

DM

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

Since we were switched to BSI, our mortgage increased by an extra $400 per month. When we notified, BSI over 60 days ago, we were told they will start an escrow analysis to correct the payment. Over 2 weeks ago we checked on the status and the rep said the escrow analysis has not been started. We also received 2 notifications that BSI has not been paying our insurance premium and we are overdue. This is very frustrating financially and emotionally especially during this pandemic. This is unacceptable and putting extra burden on families! What legal action can we take is this is not addressed, our insurance premium not paid, and us not reimbursed for the overage in mortgage payment?

Afternoon Lauren,

I'm sorry to read of this experience regarding your home insurance. Please let me know if I can personally assist in any way. I'm unable to identify your account only by your first name. If you can please PM me and I will address all your concerns immediately.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

BSI made a mistake when they took over my mortgage as my Homeowners Insurance was to paid out of my escrow. I was not aware of the issue until Nationwide let me know that my Homeowners was scheduled to be canceled. I contacted them immediately and they let me know it would be fixed. I contacted them a week later to be told that it wasn't fixed but they would make sure it was and they would get back to me in 2 business days. They did not get back to me and when I called them to check about it I was told they were scheduled to make payment the day after it was due and after my policy would be canceled. They are absolutely incapable of doing something right and deserve to be reviewed by the CFPB.

Afternoon Eric,

Daniel Montez

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

Unfortunately my mortgage is being serviced by this company. I emailed my property tax bill to them and asked many times to confirm they received the bill. Apparently, that's asking too much from this company. I'm guessing if they pay the bill late and don't get the discounted rate then they will try to collect the extra from me and say they didn't get the invoice in time. What's so hard about responding to an email? I emailed from 3 different email accounts of mine to make sure this unprofessional company can't claim they didn't receive it.

Good Morning T,

I'm sorry to hear of your negative experience with BSI in regards to your Taxes. Please let me know if I can be of assistance. I assure you I will get any and all your issues resolved.

Daniel Montez

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

We've had BSI for 8 years and I wished we refinanced sooner. Last week they sent a 1st notice to us that in September we will have to buy our homeowners insurance. No mention how this will effect our monthly payment. The "second and final notice" arrived today. So within 2 weeks that's it? No calls. I didnt know that they could change the terms of our original mortgage to make it more profitable for them. Is this even legal? At the very least, I would think they should allow more time because of coronavirus.

Good Morning Laura,

I'm sorry to hear of your experience with BSI in regards to your insurance. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Daniel Montez

Original review: July 29, 2020

I think it is absolutely disgusting that you charge a processing fee to make a payment online. Especially in these times when it’s difficult to pay as it is, you add on more. Not right! Waive the fees!!

Good Morning Mike,

I'm sorry to read you review in regards to our processing fees. We have so many ways to pay your mortgage that are free options. Please consider traditional mail, our website, our automated phone system, bill pay and also our recurring draft option. You will be subject to a fee if you make your payment after the 5th on our website or with an agent over the phones. These fees are standard across the industry. Please let me know if I can assist or offer other suggestions.

DM

Original review: July 27, 2020

BSI has been a nightmare. They have mismanaged my account since they've had it. They have stopped managing my mortgage as a fixed rate mortgage and manipulated it to interest only. They are withdrawing from my Principal Balance to pay the escrow. They stopped me from refinancing my home by falsely reporting I missed monthly payments. I reported them to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and my States Attorney Generals office and they keep saying they're looking into it, but haven't corrected anything. It's been more than 60 days. Get away from them and report them to the Consumer Financial Bureau. BSI shouldn't be managing home loans.

Ebony,

I'm sorry that you've experienced this situation. I'm interested to know the details of this scenario. For privacy reasons I'm unable to identify you and your account. Please send me a PM and include your full name, account number and property address. I'll be more than happy to review your issues and address your concerns.

BSI Financial Services Company Information