2. Homeowners

Kohler, Co.

Kohler Walk-In Bath
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.79/5
Receive 50% OFF professional installation of your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath.*
*Partner terms and conditions apply.

Experience the Walk-In Bath designed by Kohler, the leader in bath technology for over 140 years. With specialty features including the lowest step-in on the market, heated surfaces, hydrotherapy jets and an extra-wide seat, the Walk-In Bath was designed to deliver a safe and comfortable bathing experience with every soak. Each bath is designed and assembled in the U.S. and comes with a Lifetime Limited Warranty for complete peace of mind. Contact us for a free quote today!

Kohler Walk-In Bath Video
Kohler Walk-In Bath Gallery (6)

BOTTOM LINE

Kohler's walk-in tubs are designed to keep you safe and comfortable with patented technology, like BubbleMassage® air jets and Bask® heated surfaces. Although Kohler designs may be expensive, their customization is excellent.

PROS

• LuxStone Wall design options
  • One-day installation
  • Custom fits available
  • Lowest walk-in on the market

CONS

• Pricey upgrades

Top Kohler Walk-In Bath Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler Walk-In Bath?

The rep [at Kohler] was great and I liked everything about his presentation and service. The installation team only took a day and a half and the experience was great. The tub is very relaxing. I’ve got neuropathy and it helps my feet.

I love Kohler's product. I wish we had it five years ago... It was just almost unbelievable when he gave us a quote for how much it was gonna cost - it's like buying a house or a car. But... with our age and the things that are wrong with us, we find the tub as something that we needed.

Information from Kohler on the Coronavirus (COVID-19)

If you are uncomfortable with scheduling an in-home quote appointment, you can set up a virtual quote appointment in many markets. During in-home visits, Kohler employees follow special safety guidelines, including using hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes throughout the process.

Kohler walk-in bath features

If you are looking to get the spa experience in the comfort of your home, no matter your accessibility needs, Kohler can help. Kohler’s walk-in tubs offer comfort, safety and convenience for those who are looking for a bathing experience, not just a bath.

Kohler’s comfort technology includes BubbleMassage® air jets, which help relax your muscles, and Bask® heated surfaces to help you relax, both in and around the bathtub. Kohler provides a hand shower in their walk-in tubs with a variety of settings strong enough to get you clean, but gentle on sensitive skin.

While the Kohler bathtub is deep enough to be luxurious, Kohler’s fast-drain technology keeps things moving. Additionally, all Kohler walk-in bathtubs include Kohler’s 3” step-in ultra-low-threshold entries, non-slip surfaces to prevent trips and falls and handrails to keep you steady.

Kohler walk-in tub installation

After inspecting your space, a Kohler walk-in bath installer will provide a quote that includes tub and installation. From there, you can set up a time for technicians to install your Kohler walk-in bath.

During their visit, they will remove your previous tub, renovate the space if necessary, install your new tub and show you how it works. Keep in mind, Kohler can install a walk-in tub in your current bathtub's footprint in as little as a single day.

Kohler walk-in bath prices

Kohler walk-in bath cost can range from $12,000 to $17,000. Kohler gives you a free quote down to the cent for any cost associated for your walk-in tub, including installation and any additional features you select. This price does not change throughout the process, as Kohler prides itself for its "Price Promise."

To help you afford a walk-in tub, Kohler offers both financing and discounts, depending on your credit history and eligibility. Those who buy can be confident in their purchase since Kohler offers a limited lifetime warranty on all major systems of the tub.

Kohler walk-in bath’s unique design

While Kohler walk-in tub dimensions are standard and designed to fit seamlessly in your home, they can be customized to fit any space.

Though many other walk-in tub companies offer customized sizing and features, Kohler offers unique and company exclusive design options. Customers can choose between various faucet styles and wall coverings.

Kohler’s unique line of LuxStone Wall products is simple to install and add a fresh look to your bathroom.

We’ve featured a few options below:

WHITE
  • Price: $1,226.30
  • Description: Plain and simple doesn’t have to mean boring. A classic white wall allows you the most freedom with your decorating.
CROSSCUT DUNE
  • Price: $2,084.65
  • Description: Crosscut Dune allows you to get the feel of marble without the price.
VEINCUT SANDBAR
  • Price: $2,084.65
  • Description: This option gives you the feel of wood without the maintenance.
VEINCUT DUNE
  • Price: $2,084.65
  • Description: This design is based on the grain of real stone and is described as “organic” by Kohler.
VEINCUT DUNE & WHITE
  • Price: $1,681.85
  • Description: A simple but stately combination can give your space a modern feel.
VEINCUT SANDBAR & BISCUIT
  • Price: $1,681.85
  • Description: These two tones bring warmth and an organic feel.

Kohler walk-in bath FAQs

How difficult is it to clean a Kohler walk-in bathtub?
While there is no difference between cleaning a Kohler bathtub and a traditional tub, Kohler recommends using specific products. For instance, they advise using a non-abrasive all-purpose cleaner, glass cleaner and a soft sponge or squeegee. For cleaning the tub, they suggest removing any products, spraying with an all-purpose cleaner and rinsing, and then using the glass cleaner and cloth on the showerhead and faucet.
What type of warranty does Kohler offer for walk-in tubs?
Kohler offers a limited lifetime warranty on the major systems of your tub, including the door, hand-shower and draining system. The warranty covers manufacturing defects.
Will a Kohler walk-in tub fit in my bathroom?
If you have a traditional bathtub, a Kohler walk-in bath fits in your home, with no further cost. While it is more expensive, Kohler can design a custom tub to fit your space.

Do we recommend Kohler walk-in baths?

If you are looking for a company to walk with you through the process of selecting, installing and using a walk-in tub, Kohler can make it happen. Quotes include installation costs, so you'll know the price of your new tub and not be faced with surprise fees. Should something go wrong, Kohler's warranty program and customer service department offer peace of mind. With the best design choices on the market, Kohler's LuxStone Walls and customizations options help you find a walk-in tub that matches your unique decor.

Kohler Walk-In Bath Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler Walk-In Bath?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

My wife and I had talked about buying a hot tub and putting it outside where the swimming pool is. But we decided not to because down here, our winters are cold and wet. And in the summertime, you don't go out there in 80 or 90-degree weather with 100% humidity and hop in a tub that’s hotter than the weather. So the wife said, “Why don't just get the tub instead and have it here in the house instead of having a hot tub outside and you use it anytime you want it?” I said, “Well, that's great.” I filled out a questionnaire and before I knew it, a salesperson from Kohler was calling me to arrange a meeting to be down in my area. He was well-informed, had everything in the case, had samples of the plumbing, and had a roll-up display of what the tub looked like. I had already seen it online but my wife hadn't. So it was educational for the most part and informative.

It took them a while to install it but I don't know if they ran into any difficulties. The electrical man showed up like a Saturday or Sunday and did the wiring portion of it. He let the guys know that he was done with his part and left. The only thing was they had so many installations come in ahead of me that it put me off to an extended period anyway, because we signed paperwork on June 26 for the tub and it was September the 1st before I got it. The team that was gonna come in and do the install had to postpone because a hurricane was coming. It didn't come so we had bright, clear weather for every day they were gonna be not here. And so they had to reschedule for another week and they finally got out here.

Once it was being installed, the guys were really mindful of my house and what it would take to get everything in and to get it put in. They did it all in a day. We originally had a garden tub in that area, and then we had the house remodeled and had a full glass and shower put in that area. So it had a half wall on one end and a full top wall on the other. When it comes down to put the Kohler tub in, there was a space already laid out for it. All they had to do was move the location for the drain. It made it easy for them.

Since the tub was installed, I don't have any complaints about it. I'm a little more relaxed. I'm retired due to a disability, so I'm home every day. We have another bathroom in our house in the upstairs. And if I have to go take a shower, I can go up there. There are times when I don't have enough time to go sit in the tub, fill it up all the way or part of the way, and take a bath. I need to get up and get moving so the shower’s more preferential. But that usually happens on Sunday when I'm going to church or if I got a doctor's appointment. But any other day of the week, I use the tub. The heated seatback of the bathtub is great. They got thermal controls where you go warm, warmer, and warmest. But like they told me when they installed it, to turn it on about five minutes before I get in it, and let the seatback get warm. It does work and I do like it. I wish the seat was heated at the bottom. I've got a surgery that went bad and it bothers my legs and my lower back and the tub helps me out.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Richard. It's wonderful to hear that your sales representative was knowledgeable and informative. We are glad that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath was installed in a day once your installation day arrived. We are thrilled that your walk-in bath has helped you relax and relieve your legs and back when you soak in it. The heated backrest is one of our favorite comfort features as well since it helps keep you warm while the bath fills. We hope you continue to enjoy your walk-in bath for years to come.

Get buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I did a lot of research, talked to a couple of general contractors, went and looked at other tubs, and I kept going back to Kohler. It's American-made, like the founder of the bathtub, it's got a lifetime warranty. I'm 67 years old and I'm only getting this because I'm not able to use my shoulders like I used to and I enjoy a jacuzzi after I work out. I wanted something that would last me a long time. I started looking at the different unique features that Kohler has from the way the seat is and a lot of these, I don't need as much now but I might when I'm older.

With Kohler, you don't slide off the seat and the seat is heated. It has the quick drain and the space. It also air blows, cleaning out the jets, which makes it easy for me to keep them clean. I'm doing the regular maintenance that's required with the dishwasher detergent. It really fascinated that when my general contractor who has done a lot of work for me stopped by, he told me that from now on, he will not gonna do any walk-in tubs. He said when somebody wants one, he is gonna refer them to HomeStart, who did my Kohler because there was no comparison to anything else. He was convinced that the one he could get me from his supplier would be better until I showed him differently. So that was a real affirmation for me.

They replaced everything, including the circuit breakers in my circuit box, even though my house is relatively new. But since they have a lifetime warranty, they wanted to do that. It was as professional as I expected and how they came in and did the whole removal without any mess in installation and in the time frame they promised. It was a very positive, pleasant experience.

It would be really neat if there was a bath feature that allowed me to get the top of my shoulders in the water also. So I can sit in it very comfortably. It would've only applied to people that are well over six feet tall like myself. But I don't expect to ever see that be designed until the average height of Americans is six and a half feet instead of five and a half feet. There could also be an option where I could still lay in the tub, but it would lift my back back up since I'm not allowed to use my shoulders. I miss being able to lay in my jacuzzi. I cannot submerge the upper half of my back and my shoulders in the tub. But the ones that were that size, it would probably only gonna last for a couple of years when you start to peel the onion on them. Other manufacturers do offer a tall person's option but they don't offer the quality and I'm not gonna spend that kind of money.

I got a really good deal with Kohler because I got the COVID discount and military discount and the other discount. I helped the guy out with a dog issue, so he gave me a little bit more off from what I read. But it is a pretty expensive investment. I used my home equity loan line of credit and I'll have it paid off before next summer. I have a couple of people in mind who are gonna go with Kohler when they're ready and they have the money. I've tried to prepare them for the price.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Melita, thank you for your review. As a leader in bath technology, Kohler Co. is proud of our brand's reputation for engineering quality and innovative bathing solutions. Our specially-designed features, Lifetime Limited Warranty and committment to American manufacturing are what helps to set us apart.

We are thrilled that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise. The heated backrest, fast-drain technology, textured surfaces and soothing jets, are among some of our favorite features too.We are also glad that your KOHLER Authorized Dealer was professional, efficient and courteous of your space during the installation process.

Thank you for speaking about your experience as a tall person. Our Kohler engineers are continuously improving the design of our walk-in bath to provide our customers with the best bathing experience, and we appreciate your feedback.

We are glad that our bath was made affordable to you using multiple disounts and are continuously striving to offer an affordable bathing solution by offering financing options and special offers.

We hope you continue to enjoy your walk-in bath for many years to come. Take care.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

When I went to get out of the old tub, even with grab bars, my legs would not get me up as far as I needed to go so I spent nine hours in the bathtub. When my son was home on leave, he said he wanted me to have a walk-in bath. I'm 83 and he’s trying to get me to stay in my home for as long as I can.

The sales rep got here at 11:00 in the morning and he was very patient. My bathroom could only take the smallest model Kohler makes. I was grateful that they found something to fit. At first, I wanted to put the tub in the front bathroom, which was a small 1960’s type bathroom. My son said, “How about this one in the back,” which we added on in 2002. The rep said that that would be much better because the tub is 39-inches high and would have swallowed up the front bathroom. He measured and measured again. He then went down to the basement and measured the crawlspace.

The numbers were kind of a shocker at first. There was a discount for this and a discount for that and they got the price down. It was more than a small car, but they had to take out a non-load bearing wall to make room to fit it in. They also increased the capacity of my water heater, because the tub uses a lot of hot water. The rep explained everything carefully and said that the installation could be done in a day. And the installers did it in eight hours. They asked me did wanted the wall to indent or they could make another wall, which would be straight across. I said straight across, which meant that a lot of the space that was going to be exposed got covered up.

The installers came across something they hadn’t expected. The rep measured from the wall out to the width of the tub and there was gonna be a strip of flooring, a subfloor, that would not be covered by the tub and that would be up to me. That was the hardest part of the whole deal. It was up to me to find somebody to fill in that space because if the underfloor gets wet, I could be in deep trouble. I'm still trying to find somebody to do that, so I'm very careful when I use it to make sure that it’s latched and that it doesn’t get unlatched until it’s empty. The called me twice to see if I got it done and to see if I was pleased with the way they did it.

I didn’t realize how much taking a soaky bath at the end of the day meant to me until I couldn’t do it anymore. We ordered the tub in July, but it wasn't put in until the 11th of December. I was taking showers and missed that stress relief at the end of the day. It has made my day more bearable to be able to soak in warm water for as long as I want.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Annabelle, thank you for your review. We are glad that your salesperson and installers were patient and attentive throughout the process. We are thrilled to hear that you are able to relax and soak again with your new KOHLER Walk-In Bath. We hope you continue to enjoy the Walk-In Bath's comfort and safety features for years to come. Take care.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I got in touch with Kohler and the rep Bob was very informative. He went over everything and measured the bathroom and the stairwell. He explained about the bathtub and the different things that it did. After hearing his sales pitch, we decided to go with them. The installers were Robert and his son Bob, and they were excellent. They ran into a couple of problems ‘cause we already had a walk-in tub and it wasn't installed correctly. In fact, Robert pointed out some electrical wires that were supposed to be grounded to the tub itself. He was surprised that we had not received an electrical shock.

The tub was larger to get up by stairs, so he had to find a way to disassemble the wrought-iron stairwell that we have so that they could get the tub upstairs and get it installed into the bathroom. They looked at the situation and came up with a plan on how to get the tub installed correctly and safely. Robert told me everything that he needed to do. Everything that he did, he explained what he had to do and all of the problems that cropped up along the way, which should have been done correctly in the first place. We did all of those things so that the tub would work properly and that we would be safe in using the tub. I would highly recommend him to any of my friends and relatives who are thinking about getting a walk-in tub.

I love all the features of the tub. It has the air jets and the hydro thing where it has the tubes where the water comes out against your back ‘cause the back is heated, and at the bottom of your legs, it’s heated. I like that, but we especially like it for my mother. When she got into the old tub, she would let the water out and then she couldn’t figure out how to get out of the tub. Now, the tub is completely on the floor. It’s a big difference because the way you step into the tub is a lot safer. Not just for her, but for us.

The only thing I don’t like is the fact that you can’t put bubble baths in the tub. Robert said the same thing I heard about our first tub which is something about the bubbles clogging up the vents. If I would be taking a bubble bath, I wouldn’t even be using the jets. I’d just be sitting in the water with the bubble bath. Sometimes I do stuff here in the house, and I need to soak in the tub with Epsom salt. I’m not sure if I can even do that. So, whenever I need to take a bath or soak in Epsom salt, I go upstairs on the third floor and soak in the tub up there because the tub up there is one of those old clawfoot tubs.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Deloise, thank you for your review! We are glad you had a positive sales and installation experience. We are thrilled that you love all the features of your KOHLER Walk-In Bath, especially the Bask heated backrest. We are glad that you have peace of mind knowing your mother is able to bath safely. As for your concern about bubble bath products, unfortunately, we do not recommend using Epsom salt in your walk-in bath, but we hope you will enjoy the many comfort features it has to offer. Have a great day.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I like the quality of the Kohler tub. In fact, I also installed a regular Kohler tub upstairs. But for the walk-in tub, I considered some other brands. We considered three things. One is the salesman. Two is the company and three is the contractor used to install the tub. But if I had had a list of 30 companies, I would not have picked the company that Kohler chose. When I called Kohler, they sent out a salesman and we signed a contract with him. But I wanted to know who I was dealing with and I asked him who signed his paycheck. He said that they had an office in that company but that Kohler signs his paycheck. They're very wrapped up in their bureaucracy. Every time you call, it's, "Let me get you to the right person."

What really put me off in the beginning was that they called and hung up. I was okay with that, with a flag, but the second time I called, they said they would call me back at the end of the day and at the end of the day, they didn't. I called and the company said that person had left for the day. I said fine but he had 30 minutes to give me an answer. I told him that I didn't care if they would come or not but that he had to give me an answer one way or the other. I said that if they didn't have an answer in 30 minutes, we were canceling the contract. They found the woman who had to give me the answer and she said they were not coming that day but that they would be there the next day. That was all I wanted to know. I wanted a straight answer.

Plus when we started the whole deal, we weren't ready to install the tub because I was doing a lot of remodeling. I've been doing remodeling on this house for about nine months. But we went ahead and I told them we were not ready but that I would let them know when we are. Because of the contract, the finance company pointed out the close-in date. We were about 30 days out from it and we started getting an invoice for the stuff that remodeling company started buying. That was interesting.

Aside from that, there are four things that I don't like about the tub. Two have to do with the installation and two have to do with the tub, after the fact. First, the tub door has water in it. It has not leaked on the floor but there's water in the door, which has me kinda bugged. My tile guy found it because he was having to open it and close it quickly so he can get up there and do the tile work. He mentioned it. I gave it a jostle back and forth and yeah, there's some kind of fluid in there. I have no idea how it got it in there but I called and I wanted the guy who installed to come out. I had some questions for him and he said it would be a service call. The door arrived yesterday, I'm gonna call them so they can come out and replace it.

Number two is about the unique system Kohler uses to close the drain. It goes through the cable, the same way they have on the tub. But on the tub, when you put that dial on, there's a set screw. On the walk-in tub, there's a handle that's about four inches long and there's no way in God's green earth that you can screw it on tight enough for it to stay. When the tub is on and the jets are moving, that has to be tied every 30 seconds. If you don't, that whole thing will fall off down in the tub. That is real annoying and that's very poor quality. Kohler needs to fix that. In fact, I wanna talk to somebody about it and I wanna show them. So I'm gonna show the contractor when they come out to install the door. I expect him to say it's gonna be another service call. But what do I expect? Like I said, I wouldn't hire this company.

Number three is that Kohler, in their grand wisdom, is not prepared to do a clean install of the tub. They're prepared to do what they consider as a retrofit. But I can't imagine someone spending this kind of money and not replacing the tile. That's just asinine. So Kohler needs to have one of two options, either they include a trim kit for a new install or the installer needs to be aware of the materials to be installed so that there will be a better fit, which brings us to the last one, number four. If you watch the commercial on TV, they say that that tub is meticulous and the tub sits right next to the tile. Ours does not.

Now, granted that all the guy had was a slab to work with, all he had to ask me was what the finished height of my floor was gonna be. I could have told him it would be exactly 3/4 of an inch thick. But that tub sits above that and there is roughly about a half-inch gap. So I had to search and find some special molding to put across the bottom of that for it to have a finished look. Kohler can do better. For the kind of money we're spending, everything should have been perfect.

In addition to that, it was based on the ad that we called Kohler and the ad stated that all you have to do is have the salesman come out and make his presentation, whether you buy a tub or not, he will give you a free set of tiles. But the company Kohler chose wanted me to prove that I had seen the ad. They were messing with the wrong guy though. I had that capability and I did show them. I gave them the ad ID and finally, they gave me the free tile.

The first thing that happened was some idiot with that company called and gave me some lip service. I hung up on him because I didn't wanna hear his bull. The second thing I did was, when I got off the phone with him, I picked up the phone and I called Kohler. I said I was calling about my tiles and they said they would get that right out. I was impressed with Kohler. But the company they hired to do this, calling me to prove that I was supposed to get a free set of tiles based on the ad that I've seen – that's bull. Now, I record every ad I see of Kohler. I have it on a hard drive because if I hear anybody else having a problem with Kohler, guess who's gonna tell them who's got a copy of it and how to get it? For the money we spent, that just won't work with me.

On the other hand, it is a good tub. I'm not a tub person. I like taking a shower but I love that tub. The hydrotherapy is pretty amazing. It's something you have to experience to appreciate. I put the walk-in tub in to help my mom for better circulation and it is helping her legs look better or she's getting around better. Overall, I have recommended the tub to people. But I'm telling people to be leery of the company that Kohler is gonna have sent out. Customers have no control over the company Kohler hires. But customers should have an option to choose. Anybody that's getting a bid on something should get at least three bids.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Gill, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We are so sorry to learn about your experience with our sales representatives and one of our local partners. To ensure a positive sales and installation experience for our customers, we only partner with top-rated and experienced dealers to sell and install the KOHLER Walk-In Bath. These dealers are trained and certified by Kohler Co. to install the bath. This also helps our customers avoid the process of vetting and selecting a reputable contractor themselves. You can read more about how we select Kohler Partners at kohlerwalkinbath.com.

We are, however, glad that you and your mother are enjoying the hydrotherapy benefits of your Walk-In Bath and hope you continue to have a better bathing experience.

Thank you again for providing feedback on your experience. Have a great day.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

I liked Kohler's name. Their sales representative was really good. He seemed to be very knowledgeable. I talked to the installers every time they’d show up, and they talked whenever they weren't working, so we got along really good together. They explained things to me too. They did a really good job cleaning up their mess every night. My wife and I both love our Kohler. I'm preparing for my age as I'm getting older, I wouldn't be able to get in and out of a bathtub, so the shower is perfect. So far, the extension hose and the glass doors are my favorites. It's very easy to clean.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

My wife has some health issues and she's really the one using the Kohler walk-in tub. She is very happy that I've purchased that for her because she likes the therapeutic value. It can massage the back and it has heat on the back and that's where she has the issue mostly with pain. She tells me that it has helped with the relief of the pain. She uses it several times a week and she likes the whole experience. It was not only just a physical thing but the emotional part of it that I cared enough to get the walk-in tub for her.

A walk-in tub was not an inexpensive purchase. So I've shopped for it pretty heavily and the Kohler name was important to me. We lived in our home for 16 years and I've had one toilet that was of that brand. The sales guy represented the product well. Some of them would get pretty pushy, but he took it from a different angle. He let me know that he wanted the business. After we sized up all of the salient points of the product that this was a good value for us, he emphasized that the installation was important no matter for whom it was bought for. Then the fellas from Kohler that did the installation were very experienced and they did a very fine job.

There were a couple of minor things that might've been done a little differently. The handout they have on the Kohler tub at sales is good, but it's very disjointed. The installation people go over it after you leave. But Kohler should hand something out when done and not chase them around on their handout to find out what is going on. I would rather have it a little clearer and just hit the points that should be paid special attention to like don't open the door with the water in and how high do you run the water.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Dave, thank you for your review. We are so glad that your wife is enjoying the therapeutic and pain-relieving benefits of the KOHLER® Walk-In Bath, from the hydrotherapy jets to the Bask® heated backrest. We are thrilled that it has had a positive impact on her physical and mental well-being.

Thank you for being a loyal Kohler customer and trusting in our brand's reputation for quality engineering and outstanding customer service. We are proud that we lived up to our reputation of excellence from the sales to installation process.

Your feedback about an additional handout is much appreciated as our Kohler engineers are continuously improving our process to provide our customers with the best bathing experience. We hope your wife continues to enjoy the walk-in bath for many years to come. Take care.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

Kohler was a good brand. Their walk-in tub looked good. The Kohler representative was wonderful. I knew that I wanted a tub but I went ahead and let him do his sales pitch 'cause I enjoyed visiting. Kohler called and made a date to come. Then they called the morning they were supposed to come and said the materials weren't there, and they would call me when they got in. They called the next week and penciled me in for a date. I even canceled my housekeeper because she was coming that day. Then they called and said that they had sent the wrong material. They penciled me again and called three times before we actually got here. I would have preferred that when they knew they were coming that they tell me because that was what they said. Other people would get worried and they would wanna know bit by bit what was going on with their material. And with this COVID mess, the supply chain is down. But I loved the care and concern that they had.

The installation team was great. The electricians came in and did their thing. The installers of the tub evidently got lost and they got here late. They had been driving for six hours and they asked if we'd mind if they'd stay here till they finish. But there was no point for them to drive back for six hours wherever they came from and then would come back on a Sunday morning. So they stayed. They were very sweet. The guy just kept thanking me for letting them finish.

I've been in the tub twice and I like all of its features. I live by myself and I don’t bathe as I used to when I was younger. If I have to wash my hair, I had to go in my shower. The problem I'm having is my hot water heater is not big enough to give me enough hot water. So I'll probably just have to turn the thermostat up on the water heater.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Lynda, thank you for sharing your feedback! We are glad that you had a wonderful sales representative and that you felt cared for by your KOHLER Authorized Dealer. Your patience and understanding during the entire sales and installation process were much appreciated.

We are thrilled that you are enjoying all the safety and comfort features of your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath and hope you continue to do so for many years head. Take care.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

The rep of Kohler was very forthcoming and very knowledgeable as far as the product he was selling. The installer did an outstanding job. He told me he couldn't find people to work. After he got through, I could understand why because he had to take out the door facings and everything to get it in, and everything was put back and touched up, exactly like it was.

So far, my wife loves the Kohler tub. She likes the hand shower part because it can sit in its resting place, and still shower down where she can wash. She has tendencies to fall. To us, this is a safety thing because while the water is draining out, she can dry off and she can stand up in there and have the security of something around her whilst she finishes drying because she doesn't move very well. This has been a plus. They had a handhold on the inside. But if it was me, I would have one on the outside as well. Not on the door, but next to the door because people that have small bathrooms like ours, the commode is right outside the tub, and my wife would have something to hold on to as she got out of the tub.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Johnny, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience. We are thrilled that the KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has provided your wife with a safer, more comfortable bathing experience. The multi-function handshower and secure handrails are some of our favorite features too. Your feedback is much appreciated as our Kohler engineers are continuously improving the design of our walk-in bath to provide our customers with the best bathing experience. We hope you and your wife continue to enjoy your walk-in bath for years to come. Take care.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

Kohler was a much sleeker, more sophisticated-looking product than what I'd seen in some other brands. They sell everything through a local company, and the one company that we used was called Pacific Bath. That was where the process went downhill in that their standard is for this bath to be installed completely by a Kohler representative company, in this case, that was Pacific Bath, rather than being sold independently to a subcontractor who could easily install the bath. It created an extra line of unnecessary communication, unnecessary scheduling, unnecessary wait times because we were dealing with a third resource rather than having the product on hand for our own subcontractors to use.

What they really wanna do is sell a complete unit, which includes their own brand of wall coverings that go with it. But in a custom job in our case, it was the total guts of the bathroom, there's going to be custom tile work and the tub can easily be installed by any certified plumber. So one thing that Kohler needs to consider is making the product available to contractors. Maybe not directly to homeowners to put in themselves, but to contractors, 'cause they can do it. Because homebuyers, as they age, are going to want the product and it's very expensive. To have aggravation put on top of it because of having to deal with their installers instead of being able to use our own subcontractors was really a detriment to the situation.

But the tub itself is really wonderful. It takes a while to fill it, but that's expected. But the heated seat is wonderful, the quality of the jets is wonderful and the look of it is really outstanding. Its use and function and form are all superior and just fine. It was the form that drew my attention to it. We could've gone with a product half as expensive, but we wanted the look. We're doing a home to ADA standards for two seniors growing older and it does not detract from a very sophisticated-looking bathroom. But it's just the experience of dealing with the third party was not the greatest.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Rebecca, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

To ensure a positive sales and installation experience for our customers, we only partner with top-rated and experienced dealers to sell and install the KOHLER Walk-In Bath. These dealers are trained and certified by Kohler Co. to install the bath. This also helps our customers avoid the process of vetting and selecting a reputable contractor themselves. You can read more about how we select KOHLER Authorized Dealers at kohlerwalkinbath.com.

We are so glad that you are satisfied with your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath. The Bask® heated backrest, and its sleek, sophisticated design are some of our favorite features too. We hope you continue to enjoy your walk-in bath for years to come. Take care.

Kohler, Co. Company Information