4.8(982)

About Kohler Walk-In Bath

Kohler manufactures and sells walk-in baths and other bathroom products. The company uses its own patented technology on its air-massage jets and heated surfaces. Kohler also offers a variety of wall designs to customize your tub to your bathroom decor. If you’re interested, reach out for a free in-home consultation and quote.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Various wall design options
  • One-day installations
  • Custom fits available
  • 3-inch step-in height
Cons
  • Pricey upgrades
  • Pricing not available online

Featured Reviews

Verified
Belle Chasse, LA

The purchase process at Kohler was thoroughly enjoyable. I didn't think that the installers could do as good as they did. ... They answered all my questions. The walk-in tub adds ...

Verified
Big Pool, MD

I love Kohler products. They last and they're 110% top quality. The reps of Kohler were wonderful. ... I love all the features of my walk-in tub. I have trouble with my back and I...

Kohler walk-in bath features

If you have difficulty bathing or are looking to get the spa experience in the comfort of your home, Kohler can help. Its walk-in tubs offer increased comfort, safety and convenience versus traditional tubs.

Kohler’s comfort technologies include BubbleMassage air jets to help soothe your muscles and Bask heated surfaces to help you relax in and around the tub. Kohler also provides a hand-held showerhead with settings that are strong enough to get you clean but gentle on sensitive skin.

While Kohler bathtubs are deep enough for immersion, Kohler’s fast-drain technology keeps things moving. Additionally, all Kohler walk-in bathtubs include the company’s 3-inch threshold entries, non-slip surfaces to prevent trips and falls, and handrails to keep you steady.

Kohler walk-in tub installation

Kohler offers professional installation for its walk-in tubs, but you’ll need to have an installer check your home first. After inspecting your space, a Kohler walk-in bath installer will provide a quote that includes the cost of the tub and installation. From there, you can set up a time for technicians to install your new walk-in bath.

During their visit, these technicians will remove your previous tub, renovate the space if necessary, install your new tub and show you how it works. Kohler can install a walk-in tub in your current bathtub's footprint in as little as one day.

Kohler walk-in bath cost

Kohler’s walk-in bath prices depend on the model you choose and the amount of construction required for the installation. After you receive your in-home consultation, Kohler gives you a free quote for any costs associated with your walk-in tub, including installation and any additional features you select. This price does not change throughout the process, as Kohler prides itself on its "Price Promise."

To help you afford a walk-in tub, Kohler offers both discounts and financing, depending on your credit history and eligibility. The company also offers a limited lifetime warranty on all the major systems of the tub.

Kohler walk-in bath designs

While many other walk-in tub companies offer customized sizing and features, Kohler also offers exclusive design options, like faucet styles and wall coverings.

Kohler walk-in bath FAQ

How difficult is it to clean a Kohler walk-in bathtub?

No, it shouldn’t be any harder to clean a Kohler tub than a model from any other brand. Kohler recommends using a nonabrasive all-purpose cleaner on the tub and a glass cleaner and a soft sponge or squeegee on the showerhead and faucet. Just make sure you remove products from the tub before you start and rinse off the tub when you’re done.

What type of warranty does Kohler offer for walk-in tubs?

Kohler offers a limited lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects on the major systems of your tub, including the door, showerhead and hydrotherapy systems.

Will a Kohler walk-in tub fit in my bathroom?

If you have a traditional bathtub, a Kohler walk-in bath should fit in your home. The Kohler walk-in bath is designed to fit in the footprint of an existing tub. Custom sizes are available, ranging from 52 to 60 inches long and 28 to 32 inches wide. If you want to be sure, a certified safety specialist can visit your home for a no-cost consultation to determine if a walk-in tub will fit in your bathroom.

How many jets come with a Kohler walk-in bath?

A Kohler walk-in bath comes with up to 10 jets.

Do we recommend Kohler walk-in baths?

If you are looking for a company to guide you through selecting, installing and using a walk-in tub, Kohler can help. With a range of colors, fixtures and design choices available, Kohler's wall designs and customization options can help you find a walk-in tub that matches your unique decor. Quotes include installation costs, so you can know the price of your new tub before you commit and avoid any hidden fees. Should something go wrong, Kohler's warranty program and customer service department are there to make it right.

Stars Rating

• 90%
  • 6%
  • 2%
  • 0%
  • 1%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler Walk-In Bath?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler Walk-In Bath?
    Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPriceFeaturesBillingFill Or Drain TimeWarranty

Reviewed Feb. 21, 2024

Kohler products are made in America, and Kohler is a name that I'm very familiar with. They do faucets, bath accessories, and kitchen accessories, and I knew that it was a good brand. The salesperson I dealt with was very helpful and knowledgeable, and he did not try to oversell. He told the truth that the product cost more because it's of better quality. He was very thorough. His name was Josh. I was there when the tub was installed. They showed us how to use it. They didn't lay the door right, though. That afternoon when my mom went to try to close the door, it didn't align properly. The installer came back the very next day and fixed it. Overall, they did a beautiful job and left my bathroom as it was before. They didn't damage my custom wallpaper and they helped me put my curtains back up.

My mom is not liking the walk-in bath so much because she feels claustrophobic in it. I'm trying to tell her that she could just use the shower function. She didn't have to fill the thing out with water and then she wouldn't feel claustrophobic. She will eventually start using it because she'll have to. I love it. I don't live with her, but I go over there and take a bubble bath with the jets and luxuriate for over an hour. Then when I did that, I showed her all the features again so she could see what a blessing it is. Overall, it has a good warranty. I feel confident that if I have any trouble, I can call on them to fix it.

Kohler's customer service is second to none. When we couldn't find out how to pay the first payment, I called the 800 number and they led me to my local Kohler person, and that person let me write to the financial person so that I could get everything lined up for payment. They transferred me. I didn't have to call any numbers, but they did give me the number to write down for future reference. The overall price was very expensive, but I know that it's a quality product. I pay more for Kohler bath fixtures. I have them in my house and if I were gonna decorate, that was the brand I would use because they have a history of quality.

Pinned

Thank you for your review, Karen! We appreciate your long-standing familiarity with our brand. We apologize for any inconvenience with the Walk-In Bath door and are happy to know that we were able to resolve it quickly. Thank you for choosing KOHLER Services, we appreciate you trusting us with this project!

Get buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Installation & SetupFeaturesEase of UseWarranty

Reviewed Feb. 21, 2024

Kohler's got a very good name, and we like that they were able to get the job done in a day. As far as that, they offered a quality product that we would have a lifetime warranty with. So, that took that level of having to worry about if something quit working. The way the handles and the door were positioned and the fact that they could custom build it to fit in my mother's particular area and didn't have to destroy her bathroom were a biggie there, too. Also, it was easy for her to operate and understand. The installation was very quick. They told us when they were gonna be out. They covered the floors. It was immaculate. When they got through, you could never tell that the tub had not even been there.

My mother is from Japan. My dad was trying to help her with some of the cultural things. So she had a traditional Japanese bathtub, which means that the tub was in the floor. As she has aged, we needed to find another option for her. Kohler came out and they gave us the brochures. She's hitting the age where now she's having to have more help. We liked where the spray handle was instead of having to reach all the way across the tub to get to it. It was on the side where we needed it to be. We like that the tub had different jets and bubbles. That helps with circulation. There are just four little buttons that she has to push. It's really simple but you can move the jets accordingly.

It was simplicity for her that there wasn't so much stuff on the tub that it was overwhelming, and she was able to adapt going from the tub that she was in to one that had a few buttons. She could get relief from the pain in which she was suffering from. The ability to open the door, and not having a high step trying to get into it, was a biggie. The door opens up towards her, and she can get in and it's not a high step up that she has to step into. So, she's able to lift her leg just enough to get in there. The narrowness worked for us being able to help her. She enjoys that spray handle. She loves being able to use it on certain areas of her body instead of just having to do the tub. She also likes it when she just needs a quick rinse. She's been able to turn on the different types of bubbles and jets according to what her physical needs are at that time. Kohler did a bang-up job. Kohler stands alone on its own reputation and the people they hire to represent them.

Pinned

Hi, Sandy! Thank you for taking the time to share your full installation experience with us. We are delighted you chose KOHLER for your bathroom renovation and are satisfied with your mom's new walk-in bath. Peace of mind, safety and security are important to us and your mother deserves the best! Thank you for the recommendation and appreciation of our team and thank you for choosing KOHLER Services, we hope to have the chance to serve you again in the future.

PriceFeatures

Reviewed Sept. 1, 2023

The presentation was pretty lengthy. The Kohler rep had a book and he went through everything. It took almost an hour for the presentation. But I liked the presentation and I really liked the product. The rep was very, very nice. He was very thoughtful. He was really good to work with. Kohler said that they have two prices. They have a price if you were to get the tub right after the presentation. You get so much more off of it. But if you wait till the next day, you could be up $2,000. I had to think about it for a little while and figure out how to work it into my budget, and if I could get back with him. But he let me have the price because I bought it within 24 hours. So I got $2,000 off the price of the tub. Then he came out the next morning and I signed the papers.

The installation took a full day. I had a walk-in shower and it had a type of material they could work with to put the tub in. So they didn't have to do a whole lot of remodeling. They took the door off to get the tub in and then they put everything back on and finished it off. Kohler was very, very expensive. But I like the tub. I couldn't use it for two days, but that was all right. When I used it, I got the water too hot. I didn't know that the water comes out really hot with those tubs. I felt really good, but it was hot outside and the bathroom was steamy. Since then, I just use cooler water in it. I don't have it so hot.

I like the heated seat and the whirlpools. I have a handheld shower thing. But I would have had them put up a little shield in half of it, so I wouldn't get water. Because I have to sit down on the seat and use it as a shower, so I don't get my floor wet. I can understand why they say not to put bubble bath in it because it really bubbles up without a bubble bath. Other than that, it kind of relaxed your muscles. One thing about this tub is that it empties very fast. In less than two minutes, all the water is completely out. So you don't have a chance to really get cold. You can start drying off with the tub before you get out of the tub and by the time all the water is gone, you can step out. That's nice. I like that.

Pinned

Hi Mary, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us! Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled that your new KOHLER Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise. The soothing jets, heated seat, and easy maintenance are some of our favorite features too!

Installation & SetupPriceFeatures

Reviewed Aug. 17, 2023

The salesperson who came out was a very congenial gentleman. He was very legitimate and professional. I had already done a lot of research on KOHLER and he supported what I already know and answered questions my wife and I were comfortable in asking before we committed to it. The price was more than we had wanted to spend on a tub, but comparable to the others that I reviewed, ours was a good price. The installation team surprised us because we had committed to the sale and within a week, they had arrived at our door to tear out the old unit and reinstall the new one. They put down pads and paper to make sure that they did not dirty our wooden floors. It was a long job, longer than we thought they were willing to stay that day, but they were able to complete it in one day. It made it easy for us because we didn't have intruders in our home on the second day.

The unit has a whirlpool and heated seat along with the airflow. It gives a massage benefit at three different levels that really has helped us out or, at least, my needs for lower back sciatic as well as arthritis conditions. We noticed upon about three weeks of use that one of the small flanges that allow the water to flow out came loose. I simply press it back into the hole and I heard a click into space. I called KOHLER just to make sure that it was on record that I had that problem in case it continued to pop out. They weren't satisfied with my indication that I felt I had done what was necessary. They reinforced that they would rather have someone come out and look at the unit to make sure that that was correctly installed.

They sent a dear gentleman from Philadelphia, which is an hour and a half from our location. Kenny went beyond the call of duty because he not only took the precautions in his arrival, he was able to identify the issue we had and made sure a new one would be more resilient to future use. He tested the other five plugs that were in that immediate area, plus the other four that were in the front and found that there was one more that was loose and ready to release. He was able to exchange that. Then, he went so far as to fill the tub to see if by chance, whenever it released the pressure on that little valve, it would discharge the second time that it was shooting out water.

He brought it to my attention that the release valve that is in the KOHLER was not necessarily staying where it needed to. The pressure would pull the drain stopper down rather than maintain it, where it would keep it open. He disassembled the back unit, exposed the new part that he had on the vehicle, replaced the spring in that unit, disassembled, replaced it, and then put it back and re-caulk it. Once again, he filled up the tub to make sure that whenever he released the water, it maintained staying open rather than allowing it to shut without my having to be vigilant and standing there watching it go down the drain. It was a good experience.

Pinned

Dan, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your feedback and we are glad to hear that we were able to address any issues that came up in a timely manner. Our team strives to be informative, courteous and efficient to give you the best customer service. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day!

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPriceFeatures

Reviewed July 22, 2023

Everybody was nice. The initial visit, the rep was down to earth, showed us the choices. And it was something we liked. Everything that Kohler Walk-In Bath said they would do, they on top did it. They were on time, did what they were supposed to do throughout the day. Once they finished, they cleaned up. We started my mother's bathroom first, because hers was the most important. It took a week. Because the door, we had to wait. It was on a Friday, so we had to wait until whenever they came. It was no more than seven days, and it could have been less than that. The other bathroom, they did that in three days.

My mom loves the walk-in bath. Because my mother is elderly, Kohler made her bathroom perfect for her where she could sit down and shower. It's like a whole new world for her. Because she has been wanting it in that bathroom, we were able to accommodate it, and Kohler made it even better for her. Because that space that she has is a very small space. It's like she won a million dollars.

In the main bathroom, which is my mother's bathroom, it's a small shower with an adjustable showerhead where you can slide it up and down, unhook it to bring it to you. She also has the bar. When she would first walk in, she would hold onto it to get into the bathroom. She has a seat to sit down, and there's an extra bar to the side of that. And she has see through, beautiful, grayish-white colored glass doors. And I like the part that the door that originally was supposed to be installed didn't fit the size of the door that they originally thought it would fit, so they did a custom glass door to make it fit. The guys came out the next day and measured, and shoot. Within a couple of days, they had the door in, and it was beautiful.

My mom has two showerheads, but she's able to adjust whichever she prefers to use. She likes the one where she's able to take it off and put it to her. But she does have one that's above it. But the second bathroom, it has the rain shower head. Also, we got the insert for adding soap where she's able to put her soap in with other shower stuff that she will use for storage purposes.

One of my brothers who was not home to be able to experience the installation came home from California, and his main thing was, "That bathroom looks too small for mama." I said, "No, it's perfect for mom. It's just enough space. She doesn't need all that extra stuff." When he got in there, he said, "There's a bunch of room in here." I said, "Told you." We were all pleased, especially my mother. We always buy Kohler now. We need to call again because we wanted to get a price on adding another seat to the other bathroom.

Pinned

Hi Katrina, thank you for your review! It is wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are also glad to hear your mom is enjoying her walk-in shower and is able to enter and exit easily. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, it is appreciated!

Profile pic of the author.
      Customer ServiceInstallation & Setup

Reviewed May 3, 2024

I called to get a walk in tub installed into my bathroom, the person on the phone said the special for the month was free install with every tub purchased. I asked for a quote over the phone but they said they couldn't do that until they came out to measure the bathroom. I set up an appointment and they showed up, took two measurements and then got into the sell pitch. In the end, they quoted me over $30,000 for one walk in tub, very misleading from the start. They offer finance and that is probably how they get people to pay $30,000 for one tub, I was expecting less than $10,000 with free install. Very misleading :(

Pinned

Hi Henry. We're sorry you are not pleased with the initial quote we provided. We'd love to discuss further if you'd like. We can send you a message to see if you would be interested in getting in contact with a KOHLER representative to discuss this further.

Reviewed April 15, 2024

I purchased a Kohler walk-in tub, without trying one first. The tub is in. Fit and finish and function are all okay. On 4/15/24, I got in for the first time and filled it 2" above the highest jets as required. I have a 50 gallon clean water heater. This was its only use in 10 hours. Hot water stopped 12" below recommended fill height. This is probably a good tub for short waisted users no taller than 5'6". I was using it today for stiff neck and shoulders. I am 6' 0". The water level 2" above the highest jet was just beneath my armpit. No way could I massage my neck and shoulders. Very limited use for regular to tall persons.

Pinned

Hi William, thank you for taking the time to speak with our team on this matter. We're sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the Walk-In Tub depth. We appreciate you sharing your personal experience with us.

PriceFeatures

Reviewed March 26, 2024

I've owned my KOHLER walk-in tub for approx. 18 months & it has been a disappointment from the start. The seat isn't heated, takes 15+ mins to get water above the jets, if they are on high the water splash everywhere. Save your $. Ours cost 26K. Don't believe the commercials, a large person could not get in the tub.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing you experience with us, Judy. We're sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your Walk-In Bath. We've passed your information along so someone can reach out to you and hopefully get this matter resolved.

Features

Reviewed March 3, 2024

I love the walk-in bath. It's very comfortable to sit in and get in and out of. I love the way the Jacuzzi part of it works. It's a delight. Also, the installer was marvelous. I have recommended Kohler to friends.

Pinned

Thank you for your review, Judith! We appreciate your long-standing familiarity with our brand. We're ecstatic to hear that installation went so well. Thank you for trusting KOHLER with this project as well as the recommendation! We hope to have the chance to serve you again in the future.

Price

Reviewed March 3, 2024

KOHLER's rep brought a screen and showed those visuals of their walk-in tubs. Then, the installers came and put my order in all in one day. So far, I like the Jacuzzi and the bubble parts of the tub. It doesn't take long for the water to get hot and when it does, it comes in very hot. And it drains very quickly. My wife loves it. The price was a little high, but it's a great product.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted you chose KOHLER for your walk-in bath needs and are excited to hear how wonderful your experience was with our team. Thank you for choosing KOHLER Services, we hope to have the chance to serve you again in the future!

Kohler Walk-In Bath Company Information