2. Homeowners
  3. Walk-In Bathtubs

4.8/5 (257 ratings)

About Kohler Walk-In Bath

Kohler manufactures and sells walk-in baths and other bathroom products. The company uses its own patented technology on its air-massage jets and heated surfaces. Kohler also offers a variety of wall designs to customize your tub to your bathroom decor. If you’re interested, reach out for a free in-home consultation and quote.

Pros

• Various wall design options
    • One-day installations
    • Custom fits available
    • Lowest walk-in on the market

Cons

• Pricey upgrades
    • Pricing not available online

Bottom Line

Kohler's walk-in tubs feature patented technology to keep you safe and comfortable, like BubbleMassage air jets and Bask heated surfaces. It can be expensive, but it offers many customizations.

Top Kohler Walk-In Bath Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The purchase process at Kohler was thoroughly enjoyable. I didn't think that the installers could do as good as they did. ... They answered all my questions. The walk-in tub adds ...

Verified

I love Kohler products. They last and they're 110% top quality. The reps of Kohler were wonderful. ... I love all the features of my walk-in tub. I have trouble with my back and I...

Information from Kohler on the coronavirus (COVID-19)

If you are uncomfortable with scheduling an in-home quote appointment, you can set up a virtual quote appointment in many markets. During in-home visits, Kohler employees follow special safety guidelines, including using hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes throughout the process.

Kohler walk-in bath features

If you have difficulty bathing or are looking to get the spa experience in the comfort of your home, Kohler can help. Its walk-in tubs offer increased comfort, safety and convenience versus traditional tubs.

Kohler’s comfort technologies include BubbleMassage air jets to help soothe your muscles and Bask heated surfaces to help you relax in and around the tub. Kohler also provides a hand-held showerhead with settings that are strong enough to get you clean but gentle on sensitive skin.

While Kohler bathtubs are deep enough for immersion, Kohler’s fast-drain technology keeps things moving. Additionally, all Kohler walk-in bathtubs include the company’s 3-inch threshold entries, non-slip surfaces to prevent trips and falls, and handrails to keep you steady.

Kohler walk-in tub installation

Kohler offers professional installation for its walk-in tubs, but you’ll need to have an installer check your home first. After inspecting your space, a Kohler walk-in bath installer will provide a quote that includes the cost of the tub and installation. From there, you can set up a time for technicians to install your new walk-in bath.

During their visit, these technicians will remove your previous tub, renovate the space if necessary, install your new tub and show you how it works. Kohler can install a walk-in tub in your current bathtub's footprint in as little as one day.

Kohler walk-in bath cost

Kohler’s walk-in bath prices depend on the model you choose and the amount of construction required for the installation. After you receive your in-home consultation, Kohler gives you a free quote for any costs associated with your walk-in tub, including installation and any additional features you select. This price does not change throughout the process, as Kohler prides itself on its "Price Promise."

To help you afford a walk-in tub, Kohler offers both discounts and financing, depending on your credit history and eligibility. The company also offers a limited lifetime warranty on all the major systems of the tub.

Kohler walk-in bath designs

While many other walk-in tub companies offer customized sizing and features, Kohler also offers exclusive design options, like faucet styles and wall coverings.

Kohler walk-in bath FAQ

How difficult is it to clean a Kohler walk-in bathtub?
    No, it shouldn’t be any harder to clean a Kohler tub than a model from any other brand. Kohler recommends using a nonabrasive all-purpose cleaner on the tub and a glass cleaner and a soft sponge or squeegee on the showerhead and faucet. Just make sure you remove products from the tub before you start and rinse off the tub when you’re done.
    What type of warranty does Kohler offer for walk-in tubs?
    Kohler offers a limited lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects on the major systems of your tub, including the door, showerhead and hydrotherapy systems.
    Will a Kohler walk-in tub fit in my bathroom?
    If you have a traditional bathtub, a Kohler walk-in bath should fit in your home. The Kohler walk-in bath is designed to fit in the footprint of an existing tub. Custom sizes are available, ranging from 52 to 60 inches long and 28 to 32 inches wide. If you want to be sure, a certified safety specialist can visit your home for a no-cost consultation to determine if a walk-in tub will fit in your bathroom.
    How many jets come with a Kohler walk-in bath?
    A Kohler walk-in bath comes with up to 10 jets.

Do we recommend Kohler walk-in baths?

If you are looking for a company to guide you through selecting, installing and using a walk-in tub, Kohler can help. With a range of colors, fixtures and design choices available, Kohler's wall designs and customization options can help you find a walk-in tub that matches your unique decor. Quotes include installation costs, so you can know the price of your new tub before you commit and avoid any hidden fees. Should something go wrong, Kohler's warranty program and customer service department are there to make it right.

Kohler Walk-In Bath Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler Walk-In Bath?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

Kohler has a good reputation and I’ve dealt with Kohler products. The rep answered my questions. He was very thorough and professional. He told me everything that I wanted to know. He was well prepared, and without being pushy. He knew my circumstances, that I could not make up my mind. I could not give him a final decision because my husband was in the hospital at the time. He was very patient. He worked with me and did an excellent job.

The workmen were all good. They should emphasize that ordinarily, this is more than a one-day job. Some of their ads say this could happen in a day. We didn't have any major issues but I can't see how that could happen. They are better off telling the customer it's ordinarily a two-day job. And when they finished the tub, water went all over the floor. That was not a good experience, but they did their best to repair it. They had to come back and put in a new door and that was disappointing. Because we had other issues, Mark came out here and then explained exactly how to use the tub, all kinds of little hints. That demonstration is crucial and it should be done by a representative of the company, not just depend on their plumber or electrician, or whoever is doing the installation.

I wrote that to him and told him that. It was he who gave me all the hints about you have to make sure that door is totally closed or it will leak. That isn't why it leaked in the first place. But we did have a problem later on and we discovered that was the issue. But he was very good, so with Alex, the two people I worked with at the company. The Home Forever Bath representatives were both excellent.

The other thing was, when they did the work, they forgot to tell me that the tub turns on again to clear the line. And it scared me because I was not in the room and all of a sudden it turned on again. I turned it off, which meant after a few minutes, it turned on again. And then I called in a panic, and told them, “That's a crucial piece of information, even if it's in your printed material.” They did not provide the guide book at the time. They ended up mailing it to me. I got it in the next-day mail. That's an expensive project. It's very important when that job is finished, that someone from that company comes, brings you their brochure, makes sure they go through the whole use with you.

And the other thing was, we have gotten used to it now, but the amount of water that that takes drains our hot water tank, so we have to plan if we're going to use it, which is fine. We use the shower portion and I like that. I wish they didn't have any issues, but they were very good about handling any problem that came up.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Margaret, thank you for your review and for being a loyal Kohler customer. It's great to hear that your sales representative was informative, courteous and patient. We apologize for the leakage with your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath door and are glad the issue was resolved swiftly. We appreciate your feedback on how to make the experience better, including providing the user with a comprehensive demonstration and a user manual. We hope you enjoy your walk-in bath for years to come. Take care.

Get buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

My wife and I had talked about buying a hot tub and putting it outside where the swimming pool is. But we decided not to because down here, our winters are cold and wet. And in the summertime, you don't go out there in 80 or 90-degree weather with 100% humidity and hop in a tub that’s hotter than the weather. So the wife said, “Why don't just get the tub instead and have it here in the house instead of having a hot tub outside and you use it anytime you want it?” I said, “Well, that's great.” I filled out a questionnaire and before I knew it, a salesperson from Kohler was calling me to arrange a meeting to be down in my area. He was well-informed, had everything in the case, had samples of the plumbing, and had a roll-up display of what the tub looked like. I had already seen it online but my wife hadn't. So it was educational for the most part and informative.

It took them a while to install it but I don't know if they ran into any difficulties. The electrical man showed up like a Saturday or Sunday and did the wiring portion of it. He let the guys know that he was done with his part and left. The only thing was they had so many installations come in ahead of me that it put me off to an extended period anyway, because we signed paperwork on June 26 for the tub and it was September the 1st before I got it. The team that was gonna come in and do the install had to postpone because a hurricane was coming. It didn't come so we had bright, clear weather for every day they were gonna be not here. And so they had to reschedule for another week and they finally got out here.

Once it was being installed, the guys were really mindful of my house and what it would take to get everything in and to get it put in. They did it all in a day. We originally had a garden tub in that area, and then we had the house remodeled and had a full glass and shower put in that area. So it had a half wall on one end and a full top wall on the other. When it comes down to put the Kohler tub in, there was a space already laid out for it. All they had to do was move the location for the drain. It made it easy for them.

Since the tub was installed, I don't have any complaints about it. I'm a little more relaxed. I'm retired due to a disability, so I'm home every day. We have another bathroom in our house in the upstairs. And if I have to go take a shower, I can go up there. There are times when I don't have enough time to go sit in the tub, fill it up all the way or part of the way, and take a bath. I need to get up and get moving so the shower’s more preferential. But that usually happens on Sunday when I'm going to church or if I got a doctor's appointment. But any other day of the week, I use the tub. The heated seatback of the bathtub is great. They got thermal controls where you go warm, warmer, and warmest. But like they told me when they installed it, to turn it on about five minutes before I get in it, and let the seatback get warm. It does work and I do like it. I wish the seat was heated at the bottom. I've got a surgery that went bad and it bothers my legs and my lower back and the tub helps me out.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Richard. It's wonderful to hear that your sales representative was knowledgeable and informative. We are glad that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath was installed in a day once your installation day arrived. We are thrilled that your walk-in bath has helped you relax and relieve your legs and back when you soak in it. The heated backrest is one of our favorite comfort features as well since it helps keep you warm while the bath fills. We hope you continue to enjoy your walk-in bath for years to come.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I did a lot of research, talked to a couple of general contractors, went and looked at other tubs, and I kept going back to Kohler. It's American-made, like the founder of the bathtub, it's got a lifetime warranty. I'm 67 years old and I'm only getting this because I'm not able to use my shoulders like I used to and I enjoy a jacuzzi after I work out. I wanted something that would last me a long time. I started looking at the different unique features that Kohler has from the way the seat is and a lot of these, I don't need as much now but I might when I'm older.

With Kohler, you don't slide off the seat and the seat is heated. It has the quick drain and the space. It also air blows, cleaning out the jets, which makes it easy for me to keep them clean. I'm doing the regular maintenance that's required with the dishwasher detergent. It really fascinated that when my general contractor who has done a lot of work for me stopped by, he told me that from now on, he will not gonna do any walk-in tubs. He said when somebody wants one, he is gonna refer them to HomeStart, who did my Kohler because there was no comparison to anything else. He was convinced that the one he could get me from his supplier would be better until I showed him differently. So that was a real affirmation for me.

They replaced everything, including the circuit breakers in my circuit box, even though my house is relatively new. But since they have a lifetime warranty, they wanted to do that. It was as professional as I expected and how they came in and did the whole removal without any mess in installation and in the time frame they promised. It was a very positive, pleasant experience.

It would be really neat if there was a bath feature that allowed me to get the top of my shoulders in the water also. So I can sit in it very comfortably. It would've only applied to people that are well over six feet tall like myself. But I don't expect to ever see that be designed until the average height of Americans is six and a half feet instead of five and a half feet. There could also be an option where I could still lay in the tub, but it would lift my back back up since I'm not allowed to use my shoulders. I miss being able to lay in my jacuzzi. I cannot submerge the upper half of my back and my shoulders in the tub. But the ones that were that size, it would probably only gonna last for a couple of years when you start to peel the onion on them. Other manufacturers do offer a tall person's option but they don't offer the quality and I'm not gonna spend that kind of money.

I got a really good deal with Kohler because I got the COVID discount and military discount and the other discount. I helped the guy out with a dog issue, so he gave me a little bit more off from what I read. But it is a pretty expensive investment. I used my home equity loan line of credit and I'll have it paid off before next summer. I have a couple of people in mind who are gonna go with Kohler when they're ready and they have the money. I've tried to prepare them for the price.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Melita, thank you for your review. As a leader in bath technology, Kohler Co. is proud of our brand's reputation for engineering quality and innovative bathing solutions. Our specially-designed features, Lifetime Limited Warranty and committment to American manufacturing are what helps to set us apart.

We are thrilled that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise. The heated backrest, fast-drain technology, textured surfaces and soothing jets, are among some of our favorite features too.We are also glad that your KOHLER Authorized Dealer was professional, efficient and courteous of your space during the installation process.

Thank you for speaking about your experience as a tall person. Our Kohler engineers are continuously improving the design of our walk-in bath to provide our customers with the best bathing experience, and we appreciate your feedback.

We are glad that our bath was made affordable to you using multiple disounts and are continuously striving to offer an affordable bathing solution by offering financing options and special offers.

We hope you continue to enjoy your walk-in bath for many years to come. Take care.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

I called Kohler and the person that I talked to was very informative and wanted to send a sales person out. I allowed that to happen and he stayed a long time. He came at 6:00 and didn't leave till midnight. He really explained everything. We had a wonderful conversation about that we ended up doing the Kohler walk-in tub and a shower downstairs. They were really easy to work with. It was kind of pricey, but Kohler to me has a good name and the lifetime guarantees were good.

We moved in the house 21 years ago and had an old iron tub. But now we're 20 years older in our 60s, we wanted something that we could actually get in the tub and feel more safe. This Kohler tub is perfect. After they put it in, it looks fine in our bathroom. But my biggest fear was that it would fill up with water and I’d fall through to the bottom floor. The guy came out, put the shower in and he said it has plenty of wood under there and it would be just fine. I love getting in the tub. We love the water. We have aches and pains, and this tub takes care of it. It has the jets. The little shower handle is perfect if you want to wash your hair. It's very clean and almost elegant getting in it. You just feel very good. It's easy to clean and to keep, maintenance-wise.

The gal that talked to me on the phone when I called was awesome. I had been reading for a long time about walk-in tubs and somebody told me to not get one of those because if I ever sell the house, people don't like them. But the gal said, "You got to live for what your needs are." And that sold me right then. The Kohler team was excellent. They did the upstairs one, and then came back a week later and put in the shower part downstairs. They were very good about not making a mess. They were also very good at cleaning up and making sure that we were happy with it, explaining it to us. These guys were so talented. Other than at the end, there was a little bit of a price difference. But everybody handled everything well. It's the best way to go.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Terra, thank you for your review. We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise. The soothing jets, convenient multi-function handshower and easy maintenance are some of our favorite features too. We are so happy you believe our walk-in bath is "the best way to go", and hope you continue to enjoy it for years to come. Have a wonderful day.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

I was googling walk-in tubs on the computer. I was thinking of getting that and then Kohler had an ad that I saw in the paper where if you did it, you got something. I started inquiring about them. When I called Kohler, they sent a guy out. He was very convincing and personable. They should give him an A-plus because he talked me into it. The two fellows that put it in were great as well. Now I'm looking in the ads in my newspaper and I see all these promotions, and I thought if I got that 'cause I paid an astronomical amount than I should have. The price was not great for it. There were a couple of things I didn't realize before I bought it that if I knew, I might not have.

It takes a long time to fill the tub up. In the winter, when it's cold, I gotta go in that tub and stand there a long time until it's filled up above the jets, and I'm gonna time it sometime. My son said if I start running the water halfway and turn the jets on while it's filling up, I'd probably do something with the motor, so I don't do it, although I could always call and talk to somebody at Kohler. Luckily, when my husband was alive, he put a heater on the ceiling in the bathroom because he never liked to get out of the shower when it was cold. And so, I can turn the heater on when I'm waiting for it to fill up or to empty. At least I've got that.

Naturally, I was a bath person. I love to soak in the tub. This is a smaller unit and I can't really lay down because it has the seat and stuff. I would not get in there every night and fill that up and turn those jets on. It empties faster than it takes to fill it up. Some nights, I'm tired, and I just wanna sit in the tub and relax, but I'm too tired to wait 10 minutes for the tub to fill up. That's my big issue. So, right now, if I go in there and I turn it on, I am more or less taking a shower. I fill it up a little bit, and then when I'm almost done, I let the water run out because I gotta have the water all gone before I can open the door to get out. That's my issue. If I realized all that, I wouldn't have put that much money into it. But I've done it and now I'm stuck with it.

I even said to my son that maybe I could get a ladder and fill it up then get in and step on the seat. That's defeating the purpose. I wanted a walk-in tub so I wouldn't fall. But that's how I feel. If I could fill the tub up and then get in, I would be totally happy with it. They were wonderful people to deal with. But then I would have to tell my friends that if they're gonna buy a Kohler, this is what I experienced, the length of time to fill it up, and I would ask them if they wanna spend that much money on water.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Joan, thank you for your review. We are glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience.

Depending on the plumbing and age of the home, it may be necessary for some customers to purchase a larger water tank in order to maintain the preferred water temperature in the bath. This ensures a comfortable, shoulder-height soaking depth while you bathe.

Hope this information helps! Have a wonderful day.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I called Kohler. The gentleman came, we discussed the walk-in bath and there was a showroom in Aston. That's not particularly convenient for me, but it's less than an hour. I'm in a retirement community. I said, "I have heard that there are a couple on the property already. I don't know if they're Kohler or not. Is it possible that one of those would be willing to show me their tub, if in fact it's a Kohler?" He showed me and told me everything about it. I signed a contract based on the fact that I would have the ability to see a tub within 36 hours or that contract would be null and void. He said there was one on the property and he would talk to her.

Sure enough, he was here Friday and Monday morning, a lady called me who lived on the property, said she had been called. I was perfectly welcome to come over and see her tub, which she had had installed for her husband, who had physical issues. So, that was why I ended up going with Kohler. I was happy with that. I called the rep back and said, "I've seen the job. That's fine. Go ahead." However, there was a long wait. Initially, he thought it would be about six or eight weeks, but it was longer than that. I joked that maybe it was one of those things that was stuck in the Suez Canal because there was a delay in getting the parts.

But they did such an excellent job of installing it. I'm very happy with the installation. It certainly looks very nice. It fits in the bathroom well. Doesn't look like it didn't belong there and doesn't look like something was modified to make it fit. Those people who have looked at it said, "Wow, look at that. Look at the jets." I also enjoy it particularly on my lower back because I have had some problems in the past with the lower back and it's good for that. I'm very pleased with it.

But I was going to call them today to ask what the average drain time is because I find it a long time to drain. It seems like I open the drain, and then it partially shuts. I don't know whether that's right or not. But it's very comfortable. The instructions are easy to follow and the tub itself is of high quality. The installation team was so diligent and clean too. I could not believe it took them two full days. That surprised me. But when they were done, everything was just absolutely fine.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Thank you for your review, Gloria! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales experience and that your installers were prompt and efficient during the installation. We apologize for the delays you experienced, and we are so glad you are enjoying the safety and comfort of a KOHLER Walk-In Bath. The soothing jets are some of our favorite features too!

For the most comfortable bathing experience, the walk-in bath's drain was designed with Fast-Drain Technology to ensure speedy and consistent filling and draining. While you wait for the bath to fill and drain, we recommend you use the Bask® heated backrest to stay warm and comfortable. We encourage you to call our Customer Service team at (800) 986-5977 with any questions about your KOHLER Walk-In Bath. They would be happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Have a nice day!

Original review: July 8, 2021

Kohler was first class. There was the delay that was related to COVID, so we had to wait for a while to get the product, but the reps kept calling and telling us what the anticipated timeframe was. We haven't started using the bath, but we know it works well.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Robert, thank you for your review! We appreciate your trust in the Kohler name and the quality of our products. We hope that you can soon enjoy the safety and comfort of a KOHLER Walk-In Bath. Have a nice day!

Original review: July 7, 2021

The sales rep explained everything thoroughly with us. Then the installers came in and told us what they were going to do and how they were going to do it. However, where the tub went, there was a hole in the floor, and they had a piece of plywood, three-quarter inch, that they said they would put over there, and then we could get new tile. But we happened to have a rug that fit over it just perfectly. They had different obstacles they had to go around that they sat back and figured what they had to do, and everything turned out perfectly on it. Since having it, it's like we're back in grade school and mom grounded us. We love the jets. The only complaint we have is that we're having to sit there while it filled up. But we were drinking wine, so we didn't care. We recommend it to friends.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Terry & Mrs. Shepard, thank you for your review. We are so glad that your sales representative was courteous and that your installers were prompt and efficient. We are thrilled to hear you are enjoying the safety and comfort of a KOHLER Walk-In Bath. The soothing jets are some of our favorite features too! While you wait for the bath to fill and drain, we recommend you use the Bask® heated backrest to stay warm and comfortable. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us. Have a nice day!

Original review: July 6, 2021

I'm 82, going on 83 and a regular bathtub was very difficult for me to climb out of. I was looking for something that was walk-in. I had a Kohler that had a whirlpool in it and I love the whirlpool. The model that I got from Kohler now was the new super model that has a whirlpool, a heated seat, a showerhead down low and all the good things I was looking for, except for one. The price. It's very expensive. But it's an excellent machine and the company was very easy to deal with.

The installation was great. They were here in the morning. They would have been done by the end of the day, except the plumbing gentlemen, two of them were brand new to this. So they had a superstar, but he was detained someplace else. The next morning, he came, they came back, and he finished up his inspection of their work and they were out of here by noontime.

I love three things about it. One, it's got a seat and the seat is heated. Two, it's got three speeds as opposed to two from my previous tub for the whirlpool. Three, the showerhead. I now have two showerheads because I asked them to put in one that was high up on the wall. I have a showerhead that's built into the tub. It turns out that I really liked that one. It's very good.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Philip, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled to hear you are enjoying the safety and comfort of a KOHLER Walk-In Bath, and you are able to enter and exit easier and safer. The Bask heated backrest, soothing jets, and convenient multi-function handshower are some of our favorite features too! We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day.

Original review: July 5, 2021

So far, we've enjoyed our Kohler walk-in bath. I enjoy the fact that I can sit down and take a shower if I want to. You don't have to fill the whole tub up. Because I have trouble with my back, so it's hard to stand up all the time when you're taking a shower. This way, I can hose off, and then suds up, and then rinse off. It's neat. So then, when I need to, stand up when I can, it works really well. At our age, it was a good investment. The rep was also really informative. The installers cleaned up after themselves and it turned out fine. I would recommend others to get Kohler.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Helen, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us, and we are thrilled to hear you are enjoying the safety and comfort of a KOHLER Walk-In Bath. Thank you for taking the time to recommend us to others. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come.

Kohler Walk-In Bath Company Information