2. Homeowners
  3. Walk-In Bathtubs

4.8/5 (185 ratings)

About Kohler Walk-In Bath

Kohler manufactures and sells walk-in baths and other bathroom products. The company uses its own patented technology on its air-massage jets and heated surfaces. Kohler also offers a variety of wall designs to customize your tub to your bathroom decor. If you’re interested, reach out for a free in-home consultation and quote.

Pros

• Various wall design options
    • One-day installations
    • Custom fits available
    • Lowest walk-in on the market

Cons

• Pricey upgrades
    • Pricing not available online

Bottom Line

Kohler's walk-in tubs feature patented technology to keep you safe and comfortable, like BubbleMassage air jets and Bask heated surfaces. It can be expensive, but it offers many customizations.

Top Kohler Walk-In Bath Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The purchase process at Kohler was thoroughly enjoyable. I didn't think that the installers could do as good as they did. ... They answered all my questions. The walk-in tub adds ...

Verified

I love Kohler products. They last and they're 110% top quality. The reps of Kohler were wonderful. ... I love all the features of my walk-in tub. I have trouble with my back and I...

Information from Kohler on the coronavirus (COVID-19)

If you are uncomfortable with scheduling an in-home quote appointment, you can set up a virtual quote appointment in many markets. During in-home visits, Kohler employees follow special safety guidelines, including using hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes throughout the process.

Kohler walk-in bath features

If you have difficulty bathing or are looking to get the spa experience in the comfort of your home, Kohler can help. Its walk-in tubs offer increased comfort, safety and convenience versus traditional tubs.

Kohler’s comfort technologies include BubbleMassage air jets to help soothe your muscles and Bask heated surfaces to help you relax in and around the tub. Kohler also provides a hand-held showerhead with settings that are strong enough to get you clean but gentle on sensitive skin.

While Kohler bathtubs are deep enough for immersion, Kohler’s fast-drain technology keeps things moving. Additionally, all Kohler walk-in bathtubs include the company’s 3-inch threshold entries, non-slip surfaces to prevent trips and falls, and handrails to keep you steady.

Kohler walk-in tub installation

Kohler offers professional installation for its walk-in tubs, but you’ll need to have an installer check your home first. After inspecting your space, a Kohler walk-in bath installer will provide a quote that includes the cost of the tub and installation. From there, you can set up a time for technicians to install your new walk-in bath.

During their visit, these technicians will remove your previous tub, renovate the space if necessary, install your new tub and show you how it works. Kohler can install a walk-in tub in your current bathtub's footprint in as little as one day.

Kohler walk-in bath cost

Kohler’s walk-in bath prices depend on the model you choose and the amount of construction required for the installation. After you receive your in-home consultation, Kohler gives you a free quote for any costs associated with your walk-in tub, including installation and any additional features you select. This price does not change throughout the process, as Kohler prides itself on its "Price Promise."

To help you afford a walk-in tub, Kohler offers both discounts and financing, depending on your credit history and eligibility. The company also offers a limited lifetime warranty on all the major systems of the tub.

Kohler walk-in bath designs

While many other walk-in tub companies offer customized sizing and features, Kohler also offers exclusive design options, like faucet styles and wall coverings.

Kohler walk-in bath FAQ

How difficult is it to clean a Kohler walk-in bathtub?
    No, it shouldn’t be any harder to clean a Kohler tub than a model from any other brand. Kohler recommends using a nonabrasive all-purpose cleaner on the tub and a glass cleaner and a soft sponge or squeegee on the showerhead and faucet. Just make sure you remove products from the tub before you start and rinse off the tub when you’re done.
    What type of warranty does Kohler offer for walk-in tubs?
    Kohler offers a limited lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects on the major systems of your tub, including the door, showerhead and hydrotherapy systems.
    Will a Kohler walk-in tub fit in my bathroom?
    If you have a traditional bathtub, a Kohler walk-in bath should fit in your home. The Kohler walk-in bath is designed to fit in the footprint of an existing tub. Custom sizes are available, ranging from 52 to 60 inches long and 28 to 32 inches wide. If you want to be sure, a certified safety specialist can visit your home for a no-cost consultation to determine if a walk-in tub will fit in your bathroom.
    How many jets come with a Kohler walk-in bath?
    A Kohler walk-in bath comes with up to 10 jets.

Do we recommend Kohler walk-in baths?

If you are looking for a company to guide you through selecting, installing and using a walk-in tub, Kohler can help. With a range of colors, fixtures and design choices available, Kohler's wall designs and customization options can help you find a walk-in tub that matches your unique decor. Quotes include installation costs, so you can know the price of your new tub before you commit and avoid any hidden fees. Should something go wrong, Kohler's warranty program and customer service department are there to make it right.

Kohler Walk-In Bath Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler Walk-In Bath?

Original review: June 28, 2021

We had looked into Safe Step, had them come out and kind of price a walk-in tub. It was a ridiculous price and there was no way we could afford it so we had to tell them no. Then I saw a commercial that Kohler had walk-in tubs. Somebody from Kohler called me and I talked to him. He told me he could make us a better deal. We agreed to look into it when spring came and we did. He was awesome. We loved him. When you talk to him, he listens to you. He doesn't misunderstand what you're telling him. He's the friendliest fellow.

There was some confusion during the installation but it worked out okay. They were gonna install it one day but they've got a new girl running the scheduling and she forgot to call the electricians. The guys who brought the tub to install it were running behind and it was gonna be nine o'clock before they were able to get it done. Plus, we wouldn't get to use the tub until four or five days later. They didn't think that that would be too cool so they discussed it with me and came back on Thursday. Those two guys were awesome. They knew exactly what to do and how to do it. They did the installation in a great timeframe. They took out our old tub and cleaned up every five minutes. When we went in there after they finished, you couldn't tell there’d been construction going on in there. It was so clean.

We love our Kohler walk-in bath. The best thing we ever did was buy it. It is expensive but it is awesome. My favorite features are the ability to get in and out of it. The jets and the bubbles are wonderful. It is so relaxing and makes you feel good. My husband has brain damage and had to relearn how to walk. I always believed that if we could get him something like this tub, the warm water, the jets and the massage would relax his muscles and help him walk better, and they do. He gets in it every day now and lets those jets and air bubbles massage his legs. Now, he walks a lot smoother than he did. His legs and back are much more relaxed. He jumps out of the bed now instead of having stand up, fall down, stand up, fall down.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Shirley, thank you for your amazing review and kind words! It is wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled that you and your husband are enjoying the KOHLER® Walk-In Bath and that your husband is reaping the health and wellness benefits of the hydrotherapy jets. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, it is appreciated!

Get buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

Kohler has a good reputation and I’ve dealt with Kohler products. The rep answered my questions. He was very thorough and professional. He told me everything that I wanted to know. He was well prepared, and without being pushy. He knew my circumstances, that I could not make up my mind. I could not give him a final decision because my husband was in the hospital at the time. He was very patient. He worked with me and did an excellent job.

The workmen were all good. They should emphasize that ordinarily, this is more than a one-day job. Some of their ads say this could happen in a day. We didn't have any major issues but I can't see how that could happen. They are better off telling the customer it's ordinarily a two-day job. And when they finished the tub, water went all over the floor. That was not a good experience, but they did their best to repair it. They had to come back and put in a new door and that was disappointing. Because we had other issues, Mark came out here and then explained exactly how to use the tub, all kinds of little hints. That demonstration is crucial and it should be done by a representative of the company, not just depend on their plumber or electrician, or whoever is doing the installation.

I wrote that to him and told him that. It was he who gave me all the hints about you have to make sure that door is totally closed or it will leak. That isn't why it leaked in the first place. But we did have a problem later on and we discovered that was the issue. But he was very good, so with Alex, the two people I worked with at the company. The Home Forever Bath representatives were both excellent.

The other thing was, when they did the work, they forgot to tell me that the tub turns on again to clear the line. And it scared me because I was not in the room and all of a sudden it turned on again. I turned it off, which meant after a few minutes, it turned on again. And then I called in a panic, and told them, “That's a crucial piece of information, even if it's in your printed material.” They did not provide the guide book at the time. They ended up mailing it to me. I got it in the next-day mail. That's an expensive project. It's very important when that job is finished, that someone from that company comes, brings you their brochure, makes sure they go through the whole use with you.

And the other thing was, we have gotten used to it now, but the amount of water that that takes drains our hot water tank, so we have to plan if we're going to use it, which is fine. We use the shower portion and I like that. I wish they didn't have any issues, but they were very good about handling any problem that came up.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Margaret, thank you for your review and for being a loyal Kohler customer. It's great to hear that your sales representative was informative, courteous and patient. We apologize for the leakage with your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath door and are glad the issue was resolved swiftly. We appreciate your feedback on how to make the experience better, including providing the user with a comprehensive demonstration and a user manual. We hope you enjoy your walk-in bath for years to come. Take care.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

It's the best experience that I've had with any contractor. I told the manager and each of the workers that starting with the salesperson, Andy, they were so on target in terms of professionalism. Andy came in and started the sales presentation. He knows his business and the product line. He was very specific and thorough. He did the measurements. Each time he asked me along the way, “What do you think?” I had called him yesterday just to say hello and he said he wanted to stop by to make sure everything is fine after the holiday. He was a very nice guy.

The communication was tight between the scheduling and the salespeople and the technician. I saw the same thing with the craftsmen. They came in, explained what they were going to do and did their safety precautions. They were very polite too. They were very respectful of the home environment. Some workers come in and you gotta clean their mess but they left it pristine. It's probably cleaner than when they went in. I saw how the lead person worked with the guy he was training. There was excellent communication which resulted in no problems. I have a little dog here who had scratched the molding and they straightened that out. The guy wanted to be able to walk away and say, “She's happy.” The instructions were clear from him.

The only thing is the financing people that they partnered with, GreenSky. Having to give out your Social Security number, I kinda hesitated but Andy was here. I even told the financial people, “You have to do something. Clean up your act. You have too many prompts. Dial this, dial that.” I enjoy speaking to a human voice and I don't need to go through a tree of knowledge before I can get to a person. Many of our businesses are doing it but it is most annoying and there's an uncomfortability. I just hit zero most of the time so I can get to call customer service or a live body ‘cause I don't wanna waste my time over this stuff. Kohler has to remember who is their customer. I'm pretty savvy with computers but I just don't like them. I like the human touch. If we're gonna stay in business, if people are gonna have jobs, they better keep the human face front and center.

I would recommend Kohler to anyone. I know if I have any problems, I can call these people and it will be straightened out 1, 2, 3. That’s the good thing about Kohler. The product sells itself. It runs beautifully. I had done some research and I knew I needed the product because I'm getting old and I'd like to take a bubble bath. The only thing they have to put on the chart is for people not to put too much soap in there.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Shirley, thank you for your absolutely glowing review! It's a pleasure to hear that you had a fantastic sales and installation experience, and everything in between. To ensure the highest quality care, we only partner with top-rated and experienced dealers to sell and install the KOHLER® Walk-In Bath.

We appreciate your feedback on the financing process and your preference for real-person customer service.

We are thrilled that you would recommend Kohler to anyone and are satisfied with the level of attention and follow-up. We hope you enjoy your walk-in bath for years to come. Take care.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

My wife has some health issues and she's really the one using the Kohler walk-in tub. She is very happy that I've purchased that for her because she likes the therapeutic value. It can massage the back and it has heat on the back and that's where she has the issue mostly with pain. She tells me that it has helped with the relief of the pain. She uses it several times a week and she likes the whole experience. It was not only just a physical thing but the emotional part of it that I cared enough to get the walk-in tub for her.

A walk-in tub was not an inexpensive purchase. So I've shopped for it pretty heavily and the Kohler name was important to me. We lived in our home for 16 years and I've had one toilet that was of that brand. The sales guy represented the product well. Some of them would get pretty pushy, but he took it from a different angle. He let me know that he wanted the business. After we sized up all of the salient points of the product that this was a good value for us, he emphasized that the installation was important no matter for whom it was bought for. Then the fellas from Kohler that did the installation were very experienced and they did a very fine job.

There were a couple of minor things that might've been done a little differently. The handout they have on the Kohler tub at sales is good, but it's very disjointed. The installation people go over it after you leave. But Kohler should hand something out when done and not chase them around on their handout to find out what is going on. I would rather have it a little clearer and just hit the points that should be paid special attention to like don't open the door with the water in and how high do you run the water.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Dave, thank you for your review. We are so glad that your wife is enjoying the therapeutic and pain-relieving benefits of the KOHLER® Walk-In Bath, from the hydrotherapy jets to the Bask® heated backrest. We are thrilled that it has had a positive impact on her physical and mental well-being.

Thank you for being a loyal Kohler customer and trusting in our brand's reputation for quality engineering and outstanding customer service. We are proud that we lived up to our reputation of excellence from the sales to installation process.

Your feedback about an additional handout is much appreciated as our Kohler engineers are continuously improving our process to provide our customers with the best bathing experience. We hope your wife continues to enjoy the walk-in bath for many years to come. Take care.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

Kohler was a much sleeker, more sophisticated-looking product than what I'd seen in some other brands. They sell everything through a local company, and the one company that we used was called Pacific Bath. That was where the process went downhill in that their standard is for this bath to be installed completely by a Kohler representative company, in this case, that was Pacific Bath, rather than being sold independently to a subcontractor who could easily install the bath. It created an extra line of unnecessary communication, unnecessary scheduling, unnecessary wait times because we were dealing with a third resource rather than having the product on hand for our own subcontractors to use.

What they really wanna do is sell a complete unit, which includes their own brand of wall coverings that go with it. But in a custom job in our case, it was the total guts of the bathroom, there's going to be custom tile work and the tub can easily be installed by any certified plumber. So one thing that Kohler needs to consider is making the product available to contractors. Maybe not directly to homeowners to put in themselves, but to contractors, 'cause they can do it. Because homebuyers, as they age, are going to want the product and it's very expensive. To have aggravation put on top of it because of having to deal with their installers instead of being able to use our own subcontractors was really a detriment to the situation.

But the tub itself is really wonderful. It takes a while to fill it, but that's expected. But the heated seat is wonderful, the quality of the jets is wonderful and the look of it is really outstanding. Its use and function and form are all superior and just fine. It was the form that drew my attention to it. We could've gone with a product half as expensive, but we wanted the look. We're doing a home to ADA standards for two seniors growing older and it does not detract from a very sophisticated-looking bathroom. But it's just the experience of dealing with the third party was not the greatest.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Rebecca, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

To ensure a positive sales and installation experience for our customers, we only partner with top-rated and experienced dealers to sell and install the KOHLER Walk-In Bath. These dealers are trained and certified by Kohler Co. to install the bath. This also helps our customers avoid the process of vetting and selecting a reputable contractor themselves. You can read more about how we select KOHLER Authorized Dealers at kohlerwalkinbath.com.

We are so glad that you are satisfied with your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath. The Bask® heated backrest, and its sleek, sophisticated design are some of our favorite features too. We hope you continue to enjoy your walk-in bath for years to come. Take care.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

Getting a walk-in tub is something we wanted to do as we're getting older. Once the salesman of Kohler brought the sample out, there was no question, it was definitely the way to go. The sales rep of Kohler did a very nice presentation. He knew everything. So far, we haven't had any surprises, nothing that he said wasn't true. The installation was pretty much perfect except they made one mistake. We had two grab bars, the vertical one as you stepped in and an angled one on the back wall. And the guy installing it seemed to think that we were going to have a bench, so he modeled it fairly low and never questioned, even though my office is right beside them and it's too low. We found that there's a stud going vertically right there at the top of it. He's going to charge us just for the bar itself and then put it in for free. So that would make it perfect then. But they cleaned up very nicely. We also love it. It's beautiful.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Terrance, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience, and we are glad that your installer will be fixing the grab bar height. We hope you enjoy the safety and comfort of a KOHLER Walk-In Bath for years to come. Have a nice day!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

We absolutely love the Kohler Walk-in Bath. We were more impressed with their LuxStone than we were with the other things that we looked at. The sales rep was awesome. She explained everything to us. There was no pressure, which was nice. She answered all of our questions and just made our decision-making process easier. She was totally willing to let us decide on our own without pushing us one way or the other. The installation went really well. The two young men that did the installation were very polite. They were very conscientious of our carpeting and our flooring and making sure that they didn't damage anything. They were very professional. It's a little pricey, but it's worth it.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Maria, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

My wife's enjoying the Kohler walk-in very well. My wife had some back problems and she’s having to do therapy, and they told her that one of those kinds of tubs would be good. The sales rep was good. The installer was very good, too. He knew what he was doing.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

William, thank you for your review. It is wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience and that your wife is enjoying the safety and comfort of a KOHLER Walk-In Bath. We hope she enjoys her new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

The salesperson was what made me decide to go with Kohler but I’m having a lot of problems with the walk-in bath. The installation company was not willing to come in and fix it. I had been having a bad conversation with them over the last couple of weeks. So, I'm not happy at all with it. I'm not able to use the jet. The button is hard and you have to push it hard seven times to get it to work. The knob that keeps the water in and out keeps falling off while we’re in the tub. It’s heavy so it hits your leg and it hurts. The knob to the shower came loose and we can't get it tightened back up. They keep saying they’re gonna come and fix it, but they haven't. It's been three months now and I'm very disappointed.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Luceta, we are sorry to hear you have had a poor experience with our product. Kohler strives to delight our customers through our one level of quality standard for all Kohler products. Please contact our Customer Service team at (800) 986-5977 or visit https://www.kohlerwalkinbath.com/contact/service so we may assist you. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

I had very good interactions with the sales and installation teams. I like everything about the walk-in tub.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Paula, thank you for taking the time to review us. Customer satisfaction is our priority, and we are glad that you had a positive experience with both teams. We are thrilled to hear you are enjoying the safety and comfort of a KOHLER Walk-In Bath. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come.

Kohler Walk-In Bath Company Information