2. Homeowners
  3. Walk-In Bathtubs

Call Now Toll Free
Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.76/5

Kohler manufactures and sells walk-in baths and other bathroom products. The company uses its own patented technology on its air-massage jets and heated surfaces. Kohler also offers a variety of wall designs to customize your tub to your bathroom decor. If you’re interested, reach out for a free in-home consultation and quote.

Kohler Walk-In Bath Video
Kohler Walk-In Bath Gallery (6)
BOTTOM LINE

Kohler's walk-in tubs feature patented technology to keep you safe and comfortable, like BubbleMassage air jets and Bask heated surfaces. It can be expensive, but it offers many customizations.

PROS
  • Various wall design options
  • One-day installations
  • Custom fits available
  • Lowest walk-in on the market
CONS
  • Pricey upgrades
  • Pricing not available online

Top Kohler Walk-In Bath Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler Walk-In Bath?

The purchase process at Kohler was thoroughly enjoyable. I didn't think that the installers could do as good as they did. ... They answered all my questions. The walk-in tub adds to the bathroom we have. … My wife uses it and if it hadn't been for that tub, she couldn't enjoy taking a bath.

I love Kohler products. They last and they're 110% top quality. The reps of Kohler were wonderful. ... I love all the features of my walk-in tub. I have trouble with my back and I also have arthritis in my knees and some of my joints, and it has helped me tremendously with that.

Kohler Walk-In Bath Call Now Toll Free (800) 985-3918 Get Started
Call Now Toll Free

Information from Kohler on the coronavirus (COVID-19)

If you are uncomfortable with scheduling an in-home quote appointment, you can set up a virtual quote appointment in many markets. During in-home visits, Kohler employees follow special safety guidelines, including using hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes throughout the process.

Kohler walk-in bath features

If you have difficulty bathing or are looking to get the spa experience in the comfort of your home, Kohler can help. Its walk-in tubs offer increased comfort, safety and convenience versus traditional tubs.

Kohler’s comfort technologies include BubbleMassage air jets to help soothe your muscles and Bask heated surfaces to help you relax in and around the tub. Kohler also provides a hand-held showerhead with settings that are strong enough to get you clean but gentle on sensitive skin.

While Kohler bathtubs are deep enough for immersion, Kohler’s fast-drain technology keeps things moving. Additionally, all Kohler walk-in bathtubs include the company’s 3-inch threshold entries, non-slip surfaces to prevent trips and falls, and handrails to keep you steady.

Kohler walk-in tub installation

Kohler offers professional installation for its walk-in tubs, but you’ll need to have an installer check your home first. After inspecting your space, a Kohler walk-in bath installer will provide a quote that includes the cost of the tub and installation. From there, you can set up a time for technicians to install your new walk-in bath.

During their visit, these technicians will remove your previous tub, renovate the space if necessary, install your new tub and show you how it works. Kohler can install a walk-in tub in your current bathtub's footprint in as little as one day.

Kohler walk-in bath cost

Kohler’s walk-in bath prices depend on the model you choose and the amount of construction required for the installation. After you receive your in-home consultation, Kohler gives you a free quote for any costs associated with your walk-in tub, including installation and any additional features you select. This price does not change throughout the process, as Kohler prides itself on its "Price Promise."

To help you afford a walk-in tub, Kohler offers both discounts and financing, depending on your credit history and eligibility. The company also offers a limited lifetime warranty on all the major systems of the tub.

Kohler walk-in bath designs

While many other walk-in tub companies offer customized sizing and features, Kohler also offers exclusive design options, like faucet styles and wall coverings.

Kohler walk-in bath FAQ

How difficult is it to clean a Kohler walk-in bathtub?
No, it shouldn’t be any harder to clean a Kohler tub than a model from any other brand. Kohler recommends using a nonabrasive all-purpose cleaner on the tub and a glass cleaner and a soft sponge or squeegee on the showerhead and faucet. Just make sure you remove products from the tub before you start and rinse off the tub when you’re done.
What type of warranty does Kohler offer for walk-in tubs?
Kohler offers a limited lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects on the major systems of your tub, including the door, showerhead and hydrotherapy systems.
Will a Kohler walk-in tub fit in my bathroom?
If you have a traditional bathtub, a Kohler walk-in bath should fit in your home. The Kohler walk-in bath is designed to fit in the footprint of an existing tub. Custom sizes are available, ranging from 52 to 60 inches long and 28 to 32 inches wide. If you want to be sure, a certified safety specialist can visit your home for a no-cost consultation to determine if a walk-in tub will fit in your bathroom.
How many jets come with a Kohler walk-in bath?
A Kohler walk-in bath comes with up to 10 jets.

Do we recommend Kohler walk-in baths?

If you are looking for a company to guide you through selecting, installing and using a walk-in tub, Kohler can help. With a range of colors, fixtures and design choices available, Kohler's wall designs and customization options can help you find a walk-in tub that matches your unique decor. Quotes include installation costs, so you can know the price of your new tub before you commit and avoid any hidden fees. Should something go wrong, Kohler's warranty program and customer service department are there to make it right.

Kohler Walk-In Bath Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler Walk-In Bath?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

Kohler has a good reputation and I’ve dealt with Kohler products. The rep answered my questions. He was very thorough and professional. He told me everything that I wanted to know. He was well prepared, and without being pushy. He knew my circumstances, that I could not make up my mind. I could not give him a final decision because my husband was in the hospital at the time. He was very patient. He worked with me and did an excellent job.

The workmen were all good. They should emphasize that ordinarily, this is more than a one-day job. Some of their ads say this could happen in a day. We didn't have any major issues but I can't see how that could happen. They are better off telling the customer it's ordinarily a two-day job. And when they finished the tub, water went all over the floor. That was not a good experience, but they did their best to repair it. They had to come back and put in a new door and that was disappointing. Because we had other issues, Mark came out here and then explained exactly how to use the tub, all kinds of little hints. That demonstration is crucial and it should be done by a representative of the company, not just depend on their plumber or electrician, or whoever is doing the installation.

I wrote that to him and told him that. It was he who gave me all the hints about you have to make sure that door is totally closed or it will leak. That isn't why it leaked in the first place. But we did have a problem later on and we discovered that was the issue. But he was very good, so with Alex, the two people I worked with at the company. The Home Forever Bath representatives were both excellent.

The other thing was, when they did the work, they forgot to tell me that the tub turns on again to clear the line. And it scared me because I was not in the room and all of a sudden it turned on again. I turned it off, which meant after a few minutes, it turned on again. And then I called in a panic, and told them, “That's a crucial piece of information, even if it's in your printed material.” They did not provide the guide book at the time. They ended up mailing it to me. I got it in the next-day mail. That's an expensive project. It's very important when that job is finished, that someone from that company comes, brings you their brochure, makes sure they go through the whole use with you.

And the other thing was, we have gotten used to it now, but the amount of water that that takes drains our hot water tank, so we have to plan if we're going to use it, which is fine. We use the shower portion and I like that. I wish they didn't have any issues, but they were very good about handling any problem that came up.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Margaret, thank you for your review and for being a loyal Kohler customer. It's great to hear that your sales representative was informative, courteous and patient. We apologize for the leakage with your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath door and are glad the issue was resolved swiftly. We appreciate your feedback on how to make the experience better, including providing the user with a comprehensive demonstration and a user manual. We hope you enjoy your walk-in bath for years to come. Take care.

Get buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

My wife and I had talked about buying a hot tub and putting it outside where the swimming pool is. But we decided not to because down here, our winters are cold and wet. And in the summertime, you don't go out there in 80 or 90-degree weather with 100% humidity and hop in a tub that’s hotter than the weather. So the wife said, “Why don't just get the tub instead and have it here in the house instead of having a hot tub outside and you use it anytime you want it?” I said, “Well, that's great.” I filled out a questionnaire and before I knew it, a salesperson from Kohler was calling me to arrange a meeting to be down in my area. He was well-informed, had everything in the case, had samples of the plumbing, and had a roll-up display of what the tub looked like. I had already seen it online but my wife hadn't. So it was educational for the most part and informative.

It took them a while to install it but I don't know if they ran into any difficulties. The electrical man showed up like a Saturday or Sunday and did the wiring portion of it. He let the guys know that he was done with his part and left. The only thing was they had so many installations come in ahead of me that it put me off to an extended period anyway, because we signed paperwork on June 26 for the tub and it was September the 1st before I got it. The team that was gonna come in and do the install had to postpone because a hurricane was coming. It didn't come so we had bright, clear weather for every day they were gonna be not here. And so they had to reschedule for another week and they finally got out here.

Once it was being installed, the guys were really mindful of my house and what it would take to get everything in and to get it put in. They did it all in a day. We originally had a garden tub in that area, and then we had the house remodeled and had a full glass and shower put in that area. So it had a half wall on one end and a full top wall on the other. When it comes down to put the Kohler tub in, there was a space already laid out for it. All they had to do was move the location for the drain. It made it easy for them.

Since the tub was installed, I don't have any complaints about it. I'm a little more relaxed. I'm retired due to a disability, so I'm home every day. We have another bathroom in our house in the upstairs. And if I have to go take a shower, I can go up there. There are times when I don't have enough time to go sit in the tub, fill it up all the way or part of the way, and take a bath. I need to get up and get moving so the shower’s more preferential. But that usually happens on Sunday when I'm going to church or if I got a doctor's appointment. But any other day of the week, I use the tub. The heated seatback of the bathtub is great. They got thermal controls where you go warm, warmer, and warmest. But like they told me when they installed it, to turn it on about five minutes before I get in it, and let the seatback get warm. It does work and I do like it. I wish the seat was heated at the bottom. I've got a surgery that went bad and it bothers my legs and my lower back and the tub helps me out.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Richard. It's wonderful to hear that your sales representative was knowledgeable and informative. We are glad that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath was installed in a day once your installation day arrived. We are thrilled that your walk-in bath has helped you relax and relieve your legs and back when you soak in it. The heated backrest is one of our favorite comfort features as well since it helps keep you warm while the bath fills. We hope you continue to enjoy your walk-in bath for years to come.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I did a lot of research, talked to a couple of general contractors, went and looked at other tubs, and I kept going back to Kohler. It's American-made, like the founder of the bathtub, it's got a lifetime warranty. I'm 67 years old and I'm only getting this because I'm not able to use my shoulders like I used to and I enjoy a jacuzzi after I work out. I wanted something that would last me a long time. I started looking at the different unique features that Kohler has from the way the seat is and a lot of these, I don't need as much now but I might when I'm older.

With Kohler, you don't slide off the seat and the seat is heated. It has the quick drain and the space. It also air blows, cleaning out the jets, which makes it easy for me to keep them clean. I'm doing the regular maintenance that's required with the dishwasher detergent. It really fascinated that when my general contractor who has done a lot of work for me stopped by, he told me that from now on, he will not gonna do any walk-in tubs. He said when somebody wants one, he is gonna refer them to HomeStart, who did my Kohler because there was no comparison to anything else. He was convinced that the one he could get me from his supplier would be better until I showed him differently. So that was a real affirmation for me.

They replaced everything, including the circuit breakers in my circuit box, even though my house is relatively new. But since they have a lifetime warranty, they wanted to do that. It was as professional as I expected and how they came in and did the whole removal without any mess in installation and in the time frame they promised. It was a very positive, pleasant experience.

It would be really neat if there was a bath feature that allowed me to get the top of my shoulders in the water also. So I can sit in it very comfortably. It would've only applied to people that are well over six feet tall like myself. But I don't expect to ever see that be designed until the average height of Americans is six and a half feet instead of five and a half feet. There could also be an option where I could still lay in the tub, but it would lift my back back up since I'm not allowed to use my shoulders. I miss being able to lay in my jacuzzi. I cannot submerge the upper half of my back and my shoulders in the tub. But the ones that were that size, it would probably only gonna last for a couple of years when you start to peel the onion on them. Other manufacturers do offer a tall person's option but they don't offer the quality and I'm not gonna spend that kind of money.

I got a really good deal with Kohler because I got the COVID discount and military discount and the other discount. I helped the guy out with a dog issue, so he gave me a little bit more off from what I read. But it is a pretty expensive investment. I used my home equity loan line of credit and I'll have it paid off before next summer. I have a couple of people in mind who are gonna go with Kohler when they're ready and they have the money. I've tried to prepare them for the price.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Melita, thank you for your review. As a leader in bath technology, Kohler Co. is proud of our brand's reputation for engineering quality and innovative bathing solutions. Our specially-designed features, Lifetime Limited Warranty and committment to American manufacturing are what helps to set us apart.

We are thrilled that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise. The heated backrest, fast-drain technology, textured surfaces and soothing jets, are among some of our favorite features too.We are also glad that your KOHLER Authorized Dealer was professional, efficient and courteous of your space during the installation process.

Thank you for speaking about your experience as a tall person. Our Kohler engineers are continuously improving the design of our walk-in bath to provide our customers with the best bathing experience, and we appreciate your feedback.

We are glad that our bath was made affordable to you using multiple disounts and are continuously striving to offer an affordable bathing solution by offering financing options and special offers.

We hope you continue to enjoy your walk-in bath for many years to come. Take care.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

I was googling walk-in tubs on the computer. I was thinking of getting that and then Kohler had an ad that I saw in the paper where if you did it, you got something. I started inquiring about them. When I called Kohler, they sent a guy out. He was very convincing and personable. They should give him an A-plus because he talked me into it. The two fellows that put it in were great as well. Now I'm looking in the ads in my newspaper and I see all these promotions, and I thought if I got that 'cause I paid an astronomical amount than I should have. The price was not great for it. There were a couple of things I didn't realize before I bought it that if I knew, I might not have.

It takes a long time to fill the tub up. In the winter, when it's cold, I gotta go in that tub and stand there a long time until it's filled up above the jets, and I'm gonna time it sometime. My son said if I start running the water halfway and turn the jets on while it's filling up, I'd probably do something with the motor, so I don't do it, although I could always call and talk to somebody at Kohler. Luckily, when my husband was alive, he put a heater on the ceiling in the bathroom because he never liked to get out of the shower when it was cold. And so, I can turn the heater on when I'm waiting for it to fill up or to empty. At least I've got that.

Naturally, I was a bath person. I love to soak in the tub. This is a smaller unit and I can't really lay down because it has the seat and stuff. I would not get in there every night and fill that up and turn those jets on. It empties faster than it takes to fill it up. Some nights, I'm tired, and I just wanna sit in the tub and relax, but I'm too tired to wait 10 minutes for the tub to fill up. That's my big issue. So, right now, if I go in there and I turn it on, I am more or less taking a shower. I fill it up a little bit, and then when I'm almost done, I let the water run out because I gotta have the water all gone before I can open the door to get out. That's my issue. If I realized all that, I wouldn't have put that much money into it. But I've done it and now I'm stuck with it.

I even said to my son that maybe I could get a ladder and fill it up then get in and step on the seat. That's defeating the purpose. I wanted a walk-in tub so I wouldn't fall. But that's how I feel. If I could fill the tub up and then get in, I would be totally happy with it. They were wonderful people to deal with. But then I would have to tell my friends that if they're gonna buy a Kohler, this is what I experienced, the length of time to fill it up, and I would ask them if they wanna spend that much money on water.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Joan, thank you for your review. We are glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience.

For the most comfortable bathing experience, the walk-in bath's drain was designed with Fast-Drain Technology to ensure speedy and consistent filling and draining. While you wait for the bath to fill and drain, we recommend you use the Bask® heated backrest to stay warm and comfortable.

Hope this information helps! Have a wonderful day.

Original review: July 12, 2020

Kohler Walk-In Bath was top of the line. It was like the Cadillac of bathtubs. I was making inquiries and I just wanted a brochure to look at it, originally, but I had to go through one of their franchisees and have a salesperson come out. The installation team was nice and very professional. I had problems with some jets. They didn't want to turn on but they came out and adjusted all that for me. Overall, I'm happy with Kohler.

Everything has been good with the bathtub. I have a bad back and bad knee and I put the jets on when using the tub. I usually have to press the button twice for the jets to come on. But one day, when I was cleaning it, I was standing outside the tub and I only had to press it once. So, I need to look and see if I need to be more forceful to get it for the first time. It would also have been better to have stainless steel instead of having all plastic in there for the jet.

I'm not happy with the finish on the seat and the floor. I would have just kept the finish as smooth but I knew that they were worried about people slipping. The finish would get gray and I couldn't clean it. If you tried to scrub it the finish comes off. I called them on that and the guy came out and scrubbed it with a sponge that I gave them. So I bought a bathmat and cut it in half and I sit on part of it. I also cut around the drainage plug on the floor. If I didn't have that mat down and picked it up periodically, I'd have a major problem on my hands. I'd be taking the finish off and I didn't wanna do that. Also, the door opening outwards instead of inward and having two drains could be nice.

I'm gonna call them today about the electrical because my breaker keeps flipping when I put my hair blower on. I need to call them and see if it's their problem or my problem. They are connected to the same line and they split it and something may not be right. They've been in the panel box last so I should call them first. I also had my shower redone and they put a little trim around the tub. So they may need to come out and recaulk it.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Cynthia, thank you for your review. Our Kohler engineers are continuously improving the design of our walk-in bath to provide our customers with the best bathing experience, and we appreciate your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with your new KOHLER Walk-In Bath; however, we are confident your KOHLER Authorized Dealers will be able to quickly address and resolve all of your concerns. We are glad that you are overall happy with Kohler and hope you continue to enjoy your walk-in bath for many years to come. Take care.

Original review: April 8, 2021

My wife and I are both getting older and we wanted a walk-in tub, but our hallways were too narrow, so we opted to go with the walk-in shower. The salesperson came to our house and told us about the products. He was friendly, very informative, and helpful. Then the installation team was very efficient. They were in and out in less than a day. We liked them both, they worked very well. The whole process was good. It's easy getting in and out with the walk-in shower and that's the main thing. It's a high-quality product. It will last us the rest of our life and probably whoever buys our house after we're gone.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Larry, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are also glad that you and your wife are able to get in and out of the shower easier. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, it is appreciated!

Original review: April 2, 2021

The old tub had been installed in such a way that it was very difficult for my wife and me to get into it. I purchased a walk-in tub from Kohler. I'm beginning to suspect that there are more discounts from Kohler than I received. I keep seeing the ad that says 15% rebate, and I didn't get any kind of a rebate. As far as the sales representative, he was very good. He brought a laptop computer that had a demonstration on it that he used to tell us about the product. But we were already sort of sold on the product.

The installation was delayed because the installers didn't think they needed a plumbing permit. They thought we were outside the city limits, but we're not. We did need a plumbing permit. So we sort of had to start over while I got one. Other than that, the work done was good. My wife and I didn't realize the tub is so small. We're both pretty big people. We're not obese, but we're tall. We're making it work.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Jerry, thank you for sharing your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the miscommunication and delayed completion time for your walk-in bath installation. Typically, your bath can be installed in as little as one day, but we recognize it can take longer depending on factors such as the home's plumbing, electrical outputs, and local permits needed. We are glad to hear you were satisfied with the installation of your KOHLER Walk-In Bath and that you and your wife are able to enter and exit easier and safer. We hope you both enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come!

Original review: April 1, 2021

Got this unit for my mother and she immediately was elated to have access to the tub/shower much easier again, which is the point of a walk-in tub. Because of this, she's been able to handle daily bathing and clean-up herself, which also is self-assuring for when I'm not there and gave her some of her freedom again. The handle and door are a perfect size without hinderance and are easy to maneuver for her arthritis.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Thank you for your review, Lawrence! We are thrilled that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has provided your mother with the comfort and safety she deserves and we hope she enjoys her new walk-in bath for years to come! Have a wonderful day!

Original review: March 31, 2021

Kohler was a better company. One of the things I'm disappointed with Kohler was not getting what the individual that came here to sell it said. One of the things that he said was it pumps the water out instead of just letting it drain out, so it drains faster. My wife likes a hot tub. She asked him if it will keep the temperature that is in the tub instead of adding water to keep it hot. He said that the temperature will stay where it is because there's a feature in there that keeps it there, but that's not true. I was very disappointed with that because the representation that was here at the house was not the same as when the Kohler whirlpool was put in the house. I didn't think that was right. Those two things were what we really wanted and what the guy said were not true.

Other than that, I had six back operations so that was one of the main reasons for getting the tub. I'm 73 years old, so I didn't want to lay in the tub. I wanted to sit in it. Our Kohler helps me as far as my everyday life because it takes a lot of the pain away. I know how good Kohler is but I don't know if I'd recommend them because of what happened here at the house, when someone says you're going to get something and don't get it.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Don, thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear you are enjoying the independence your Walk-In Bath has provided. We also sincerely apologize for the miscommunication about keeping the water warm. Depending on the plumbing and age of the home, it may be necessary for some customers to purchase a larger water tank in order to maintain the preferred water temperature in the bath. This ensures a comfortable, shoulder-height soaking depth while you bathe. Thank you again for providing feedback on your experience. Have a nice day.

Original review: March 30, 2021

Going with Kohler was the easier thing to do because they offer the installation. We loved the rep that we worked with. He was very personable, he answered all our questions and he gave us options. He had on a mask when he was here, and he made sure that he stayed his distance. The installers were clean when they did the demo and installed everything. That was the cleanest demo ever. My dad enjoys the walk-in shower. It's a lot easier than getting in the tub.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Terri, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are also glad to hear your dad is enjoying his walk-in shower and is able to enter and exit easily. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, it is appreciated!

Kohler Walk-In Bath Company Information