Get Started

2. Homeowners
  3. Walk-In Bathtubs

4.8/5 (165 ratings)

About Kohler Walk-In Bath

Kohler manufactures and sells walk-in baths and other bathroom products. The company uses its own patented technology on its air-massage jets and heated surfaces. Kohler also offers a variety of wall designs to customize your tub to your bathroom decor. If you’re interested, reach out for a free in-home consultation and quote.

Pros

• Various wall design options
    • One-day installations
    • Custom fits available
    • Lowest walk-in on the market

Cons

• Pricey upgrades
    • Pricing not available online

Bottom Line

Kohler's walk-in tubs feature patented technology to keep you safe and comfortable, like BubbleMassage air jets and Bask heated surfaces. It can be expensive, but it offers many customizations.

Top Kohler Walk-In Bath Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The purchase process at Kohler was thoroughly enjoyable. I didn't think that the installers could do as good as they did. ... They answered all my questions. The walk-in tub adds ...

Verified

I love Kohler products. They last and they're 110% top quality. The reps of Kohler were wonderful. ... I love all the features of my walk-in tub. I have trouble with my back and I...

Information from Kohler on the coronavirus (COVID-19)

If you are uncomfortable with scheduling an in-home quote appointment, you can set up a virtual quote appointment in many markets. During in-home visits, Kohler employees follow special safety guidelines, including using hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes throughout the process.

Kohler walk-in bath features

If you have difficulty bathing or are looking to get the spa experience in the comfort of your home, Kohler can help. Its walk-in tubs offer increased comfort, safety and convenience versus traditional tubs.

Kohler’s comfort technologies include BubbleMassage air jets to help soothe your muscles and Bask heated surfaces to help you relax in and around the tub. Kohler also provides a hand-held showerhead with settings that are strong enough to get you clean but gentle on sensitive skin.

While Kohler bathtubs are deep enough for immersion, Kohler’s fast-drain technology keeps things moving. Additionally, all Kohler walk-in bathtubs include the company’s 3-inch threshold entries, non-slip surfaces to prevent trips and falls, and handrails to keep you steady.

Kohler walk-in tub installation

Kohler offers professional installation for its walk-in tubs, but you’ll need to have an installer check your home first. After inspecting your space, a Kohler walk-in bath installer will provide a quote that includes the cost of the tub and installation. From there, you can set up a time for technicians to install your new walk-in bath.

During their visit, these technicians will remove your previous tub, renovate the space if necessary, install your new tub and show you how it works. Kohler can install a walk-in tub in your current bathtub's footprint in as little as one day.

Kohler walk-in bath cost

Kohler’s walk-in bath prices depend on the model you choose and the amount of construction required for the installation. After you receive your in-home consultation, Kohler gives you a free quote for any costs associated with your walk-in tub, including installation and any additional features you select. This price does not change throughout the process, as Kohler prides itself on its "Price Promise."

To help you afford a walk-in tub, Kohler offers both discounts and financing, depending on your credit history and eligibility. The company also offers a limited lifetime warranty on all the major systems of the tub.

Kohler walk-in bath designs

While many other walk-in tub companies offer customized sizing and features, Kohler also offers exclusive design options, like faucet styles and wall coverings.

Kohler walk-in bath FAQ

How difficult is it to clean a Kohler walk-in bathtub?
    No, it shouldn’t be any harder to clean a Kohler tub than a model from any other brand. Kohler recommends using a nonabrasive all-purpose cleaner on the tub and a glass cleaner and a soft sponge or squeegee on the showerhead and faucet. Just make sure you remove products from the tub before you start and rinse off the tub when you’re done.
    What type of warranty does Kohler offer for walk-in tubs?
    Kohler offers a limited lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects on the major systems of your tub, including the door, showerhead and hydrotherapy systems.
    Will a Kohler walk-in tub fit in my bathroom?
    If you have a traditional bathtub, a Kohler walk-in bath should fit in your home. The Kohler walk-in bath is designed to fit in the footprint of an existing tub. Custom sizes are available, ranging from 52 to 60 inches long and 28 to 32 inches wide. If you want to be sure, a certified safety specialist can visit your home for a no-cost consultation to determine if a walk-in tub will fit in your bathroom.
    How many jets come with a Kohler walk-in bath?
    A Kohler walk-in bath comes with up to 10 jets.

Do we recommend Kohler walk-in baths?

If you are looking for a company to guide you through selecting, installing and using a walk-in tub, Kohler can help. With a range of colors, fixtures and design choices available, Kohler's wall designs and customization options can help you find a walk-in tub that matches your unique decor. Quotes include installation costs, so you can know the price of your new tub before you commit and avoid any hidden fees. Should something go wrong, Kohler's warranty program and customer service department are there to make it right.

Kohler Walk-In Bath Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler Walk-In Bath?

Original review: July 16, 2021

I called Kohler. The gentleman came, we discussed the walk-in bath and there was a showroom in Aston. That's not particularly convenient for me, but it's less than an hour. I'm in a retirement community. I said, "I have heard that there are a couple on the property already. I don't know if they're Kohler or not. Is it possible that one of those would be willing to show me their tub, if in fact it's a Kohler?" He showed me and told me everything about it. I signed a contract based on the fact that I would have the ability to see a tub within 36 hours or that contract would be null and void. He said there was one on the property and he would talk to her.

Sure enough, he was here Friday and Monday morning, a lady called me who lived on the property, said she had been called. I was perfectly welcome to come over and see her tub, which she had had installed for her husband, who had physical issues. So, that was why I ended up going with Kohler. I was happy with that. I called the rep back and said, "I've seen the job. That's fine. Go ahead." However, there was a long wait. Initially, he thought it would be about six or eight weeks, but it was longer than that. I joked that maybe it was one of those things that was stuck in the Suez Canal because there was a delay in getting the parts.

But they did such an excellent job of installing it. I'm very happy with the installation. It certainly looks very nice. It fits in the bathroom well. Doesn't look like it didn't belong there and doesn't look like something was modified to make it fit. Those people who have looked at it said, "Wow, look at that. Look at the jets." I also enjoy it particularly on my lower back because I have had some problems in the past with the lower back and it's good for that. I'm very pleased with it.

But I was going to call them today to ask what the average drain time is because I find it a long time to drain. It seems like I open the drain, and then it partially shuts. I don't know whether that's right or not. But it's very comfortable. The instructions are easy to follow and the tub itself is of high quality. The installation team was so diligent and clean too. I could not believe it took them two full days. That surprised me. But when they were done, everything was just absolutely fine.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Thank you for your review, Gloria! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales experience and that your installers were prompt and efficient during the installation. We apologize for the delays you experienced, and we are so glad you are enjoying the safety and comfort of a KOHLER Walk-In Bath. The soothing jets are some of our favorite features too!

For the most comfortable bathing experience, the walk-in bath's drain was designed with Fast-Drain Technology to ensure speedy and consistent filling and draining. While you wait for the bath to fill and drain, we recommend you use the Bask® heated backrest to stay warm and comfortable. We encourage you to call our Customer Service team at (800) 986-5977 with any questions about your KOHLER Walk-In Bath. They would be happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Have a nice day!

Get buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 28, 2021

We had looked into Safe Step, had them come out and kind of price a walk-in tub. It was a ridiculous price and there was no way we could afford it so we had to tell them no. Then I saw a commercial that Kohler had walk-in tubs. Somebody from Kohler called me and I talked to him. He told me he could make us a better deal. We agreed to look into it when spring came and we did. He was awesome. We loved him. When you talk to him, he listens to you. He doesn't misunderstand what you're telling him. He's the friendliest fellow.

There was some confusion during the installation but it worked out okay. They were gonna install it one day but they've got a new girl running the scheduling and she forgot to call the electricians. The guys who brought the tub to install it were running behind and it was gonna be nine o'clock before they were able to get it done. Plus, we wouldn't get to use the tub until four or five days later. They didn't think that that would be too cool so they discussed it with me and came back on Thursday. Those two guys were awesome. They knew exactly what to do and how to do it. They did the installation in a great timeframe. They took out our old tub and cleaned up every five minutes. When we went in there after they finished, you couldn't tell there’d been construction going on in there. It was so clean.

We love our Kohler walk-in bath. The best thing we ever did was buy it. It is expensive but it is awesome. My favorite features are the ability to get in and out of it. The jets and the bubbles are wonderful. It is so relaxing and makes you feel good. My husband has brain damage and had to relearn how to walk. I always believed that if we could get him something like this tub, the warm water, the jets and the massage would relax his muscles and help him walk better, and they do. He gets in it every day now and lets those jets and air bubbles massage his legs. Now, he walks a lot smoother than he did. His legs and back are much more relaxed. He jumps out of the bed now instead of having stand up, fall down, stand up, fall down.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Shirley, thank you for your amazing review and kind words! It is wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled that you and your husband are enjoying the KOHLER® Walk-In Bath and that your husband is reaping the health and wellness benefits of the hydrotherapy jets. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, it is appreciated!

Original review: April 16, 2021

My mom had a stroke in 2018 and at first, she didn't want to have a tub installed. For two years, we struggled in and out of an antique clawfoot tub. She didn't want to get rid of it then my grandmother saw an ad on television for Safe Step tubs. My mom decided, "Well, let's, choose one." We had Safe Step and Kohler representatives come out. The Kohler representative was more knowledgeable. He was also very friendly and not pushy at all. On the other hand, the other guy walked into the house like we had already signed the papers, and they were going to install it that day. He was very pushy, so we decided on Kohler.

My mom asked who does those kinds of installations. I called four different plumbers that day and we set up appointments, and my mom was really impressed with how knowledgeable our sales rep was. During installation, there was a little bit of a hiccup at first because the installer was unaware that there was a window where he was going to be installing the tub. But he looked at it and we took the old tub out and he formulated a plan and got it in. He did a great job. He was amazing. Very friendly too.

I love the quality of the tub and I know my mom loves it as well. She has very limited mobility, still, right now. She's very flaccid on her right hand side, which was her dominant side. This has given her a chance to bathe without somebody having to be there to make sure that she can get in and out by herself. She told me that her favorite thing is that it drains quickly, so that she's not sitting there in cold water waiting for it to drain. The fact that it drains quickly and she can get in and out by herself is a major confidence boost for her. She can get some of that personal freedom back. She doesn't feel like she needs a babysitter.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Sharon, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise and that your mom is enjoying the independence her new Walk-In Bath has provided. We hope your mom enjoys her new walk-in bath for years to come!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

Kohler has a good reputation and I’ve dealt with Kohler products. The rep answered my questions. He was very thorough and professional. He told me everything that I wanted to know. He was well prepared, and without being pushy. He knew my circumstances, that I could not make up my mind. I could not give him a final decision because my husband was in the hospital at the time. He was very patient. He worked with me and did an excellent job.

The workmen were all good. They should emphasize that ordinarily, this is more than a one-day job. Some of their ads say this could happen in a day. We didn't have any major issues but I can't see how that could happen. They are better off telling the customer it's ordinarily a two-day job. And when they finished the tub, water went all over the floor. That was not a good experience, but they did their best to repair it. They had to come back and put in a new door and that was disappointing. Because we had other issues, Mark came out here and then explained exactly how to use the tub, all kinds of little hints. That demonstration is crucial and it should be done by a representative of the company, not just depend on their plumber or electrician, or whoever is doing the installation.

I wrote that to him and told him that. It was he who gave me all the hints about you have to make sure that door is totally closed or it will leak. That isn't why it leaked in the first place. But we did have a problem later on and we discovered that was the issue. But he was very good, so with Alex, the two people I worked with at the company. The Home Forever Bath representatives were both excellent.

The other thing was, when they did the work, they forgot to tell me that the tub turns on again to clear the line. And it scared me because I was not in the room and all of a sudden it turned on again. I turned it off, which meant after a few minutes, it turned on again. And then I called in a panic, and told them, “That's a crucial piece of information, even if it's in your printed material.” They did not provide the guide book at the time. They ended up mailing it to me. I got it in the next-day mail. That's an expensive project. It's very important when that job is finished, that someone from that company comes, brings you their brochure, makes sure they go through the whole use with you.

And the other thing was, we have gotten used to it now, but the amount of water that that takes drains our hot water tank, so we have to plan if we're going to use it, which is fine. We use the shower portion and I like that. I wish they didn't have any issues, but they were very good about handling any problem that came up.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Margaret, thank you for your review and for being a loyal Kohler customer. It's great to hear that your sales representative was informative, courteous and patient. We apologize for the leakage with your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath door and are glad the issue was resolved swiftly. We appreciate your feedback on how to make the experience better, including providing the user with a comprehensive demonstration and a user manual. We hope you enjoy your walk-in bath for years to come. Take care.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

It's the best experience that I've had with any contractor. I told the manager and each of the workers that starting with the salesperson, Andy, they were so on target in terms of professionalism. Andy came in and started the sales presentation. He knows his business and the product line. He was very specific and thorough. He did the measurements. Each time he asked me along the way, “What do you think?” I had called him yesterday just to say hello and he said he wanted to stop by to make sure everything is fine after the holiday. He was a very nice guy.

The communication was tight between the scheduling and the salespeople and the technician. I saw the same thing with the craftsmen. They came in, explained what they were going to do and did their safety precautions. They were very polite too. They were very respectful of the home environment. Some workers come in and you gotta clean their mess but they left it pristine. It's probably cleaner than when they went in. I saw how the lead person worked with the guy he was training. There was excellent communication which resulted in no problems. I have a little dog here who had scratched the molding and they straightened that out. The guy wanted to be able to walk away and say, “She's happy.” The instructions were clear from him.

The only thing is the financing people that they partnered with, GreenSky. Having to give out your Social Security number, I kinda hesitated but Andy was here. I even told the financial people, “You have to do something. Clean up your act. You have too many prompts. Dial this, dial that.” I enjoy speaking to a human voice and I don't need to go through a tree of knowledge before I can get to a person. Many of our businesses are doing it but it is most annoying and there's an uncomfortability. I just hit zero most of the time so I can get to call customer service or a live body ‘cause I don't wanna waste my time over this stuff. Kohler has to remember who is their customer. I'm pretty savvy with computers but I just don't like them. I like the human touch. If we're gonna stay in business, if people are gonna have jobs, they better keep the human face front and center.

I would recommend Kohler to anyone. I know if I have any problems, I can call these people and it will be straightened out 1, 2, 3. That’s the good thing about Kohler. The product sells itself. It runs beautifully. I had done some research and I knew I needed the product because I'm getting old and I'd like to take a bubble bath. The only thing they have to put on the chart is for people not to put too much soap in there.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Shirley, thank you for your absolutely glowing review! It's a pleasure to hear that you had a fantastic sales and installation experience, and everything in between. To ensure the highest quality care, we only partner with top-rated and experienced dealers to sell and install the KOHLER® Walk-In Bath.

We appreciate your feedback on the financing process and your preference for real-person customer service.

We are thrilled that you would recommend Kohler to anyone and are satisfied with the level of attention and follow-up. We hope you enjoy your walk-in bath for years to come. Take care.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
      Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

I've always had Kohler sinks and stuff like that and they have worn well for me. I did not want to put tile in a bathroom. I didn't want to have to clean the grout. I know Kohler has a good name. I saw it on Facebook and they got in touch with me and set up an appointment and it seemed like a good deal. It's just there was some sloppy work. There was still some pencil marks on here. On the outside, there was a piece of woodwork that had the mitered end and he didn't square it off with the outside of the frame. Then on one side, he used white caulk. On the other side, he'd used kind of a gray.

Then one day, I had a cleaning lady here and she called me in and she said, “Gail, on the inside of the glass, there's this big, black mark and I can't get it off.” I tried it, too, and I couldn't get it off of the glass doors. I did notice once I took a shower that there was kind of a design in between the glass, but this is just kind of a black mark, and I'm not happy. With the money I paid for this, I expected better.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

The sale part was fairly straightforward. Although, they said that they were really busy. But since we were only going to get the shower and the rest of the bathroom is being done by a contractor, they said it would be four or five weeks. But that really didn't come out to be true. It screwed me up because of the standpoint of I had to schedule a contractor and I couldn't have him in until the shower was done. That had to be the first thing. But other than that, it was good. The installers were awesome. Even though they got sent the wrong size doors twice, they still managed to get it done in just under two days. But they had to do a lot of running around to get the parts that they needed. But when we were done, we were very satisfied. We love our Kohler. Everything's nice and smooth. We like that there's no place for rotten junk, mold, to grow. It's also easy to clean. The color is great and we're really happy with it.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Matthew, thank you for taking the time to review us. We are sorry to hear about the inconveniences you experienced, and we are glad to hear that the issues were resolved. We are delighted to hear that you love your new KOHLER® Shower package. Our shower walls are designed to be durable, low-maintenance, and most of all, beautiful. We hope you enjoy your KOHLER® Shower package for years to come!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

I called a lot of places to get quotes on remodeling the bathroom. Kohler was the one that responded and said, "We'll make an appointment." Everybody else would call me back or it was three weeks later. Kohler came over and went over everything with us. The price was a little high. But the quality was what we're paying for.

The installation was great. It took two days. It didn't really put us out for very long and the guys were very nice and did a great job. The only thing I regret, I wish I didn't get white because there's a little bit red I couldn't get off. You see everything, so I have to clean it every time a lot more than if I had the marble-looking one. But it looks nice. I love it. It's great. Now, I have my kid wanting to come to take a shower in my shower instead of his own shower because it's nicer.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Patricia, thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. We are so glad that you are enjoying the safety and comfort of a KOHLER Walk-In Bath Shower and that your kid enjoys it too. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

Their warranty looked good. It's also not something you're going to have to get re-done in several years. It looked like once you do it, as long as you're in that home, you're done. I called up a Kohler representative and had them show me in person the materials. The person that I worked with was very personable, knew his stuff. They were very knowledgeable about what they were marketing. We felt very comfortable.

The guy showed up on time for the first day and I met all the guys, except for the plumber. He was coming a little bit after because they had to uninstall some stuff before the plumber could get to what he had to do and they just did their bit. They laid down the path that they were gonna take from the door all the way up to the bathroom. They laid the cloths down so they weren't messing anything up and they just went for it. I didn't go up there and bother them. There was one little thing I had to make a decision on and I made the decision and it went very well. They were there for two days, which is exactly what they said they would be.

The guy at the kitchen table told me, "These people have the goods to build a whole house from scratch, but that's just not what they do. They do the bathroom." Everything was going to be perfect as far as I shouldn't be finding anything that's, "What happened here?" That was my expectation and that was what was delivered. It was perfect and it was designed to be perfect. Also, all the materials, including the shower wand, if any of it goes down the tubes, they'll just replace it with another one. I also like the insert in the wall where you put the soap where you don't need that separate shower caddy. That's a big deal.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Larry, thank you for taking the time to review us! It is wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promises, and we are glad you love the design. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

Kohler had what we were looking for and they made the process easy. We were able to call their number. The guy came the next day and gave us the pricing and all the information. His name is Ramon. He answered all of our questions. He was very personable and he went out of his way to deliver a sample to us. He is five-star.

As far as the install, they did a great job. They had a couple of little glitches but, John, the owner of the company went way above and beyond, and went to Home Depot to try to find some parts that were really not his responsibility. It was more our responsibility. He went above and beyond to make sure that we got everything done as they planned. There’s a couple little product problems. We're still waiting for the ceiling to be replaced because it has a scratch in it but we understand that that's because they don't have any material. Mom and Dad like the movable shower head. They also really like the bench. The walk-in shower is a game changer. It makes it a lot easier not to step over the tub. My parents feel safer and more secure, and the shower is easier to clean and take care of.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Debbie, thank you for your review. We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled that the KOHLER Walk-In Bath Shower Package has provided your parents with a safer and more convenient bathing experience. We hope they keep enjoying itfor years to come!

Kohler Walk-In Bath Company Information