2. Homeowners

Kohler, Co.

Kohler Walk-In Bath
Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.80/5

Experience the Walk-In Bath designed by Kohler, the leader in bath technology for over 140 years. With specialty features including the lowest step-in on the market, heated surfaces, hydrotherapy jets and an extra-wide seat, the Walk-In Bath was designed to deliver a safe and comfortable bathing experience with every soak. Each bath is designed and assembled in the U.S. and comes with a Lifetime Limited Warranty for complete peace of mind. Contact us for a free quote today!

Kohler Walk-In Bath Video
Kohler Walk-In Bath Gallery (6)

BOTTOM LINE

Kohler's walk-in tubs are designed to keep you safe and comfortable with patented technology, like BubbleMassage® air jets and Bask® heated surfaces. Although Kohler designs may be expensive, their customization is excellent.

PROS

• LuxStone Wall design options
  • One-day installation
  • Custom fits available
  • Lowest walk-in on the market

CONS

• Pricey upgrades

Top Kohler Walk-In Bath Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler Walk-In Bath?

The rep [at Kohler] was great and I liked everything about his presentation and service. The installation team only took a day and a half and the experience was great. The tub is very relaxing. I’ve got neuropathy and it helps my feet.

I love Kohler's product. I wish we had it five years ago... It was just almost unbelievable when he gave us a quote for how much it was gonna cost - it's like buying a house or a car. But... with our age and the things that are wrong with us, we find the tub as something that we needed.

Kohler, Co. Get Started

Information from Kohler on the Coronavirus (COVID-19)

If you are uncomfortable with scheduling an in-home quote appointment, you can set up a virtual quote appointment in many markets. During in-home visits, Kohler employees follow special safety guidelines, including using hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes throughout the process.

Kohler walk-in bath features

If you are looking to get the spa experience in the comfort of your home, no matter your accessibility needs, Kohler can help. Kohler’s walk-in tubs offer comfort, safety and convenience for those who are looking for a bathing experience, not just a bath.

Kohler’s comfort technology includes BubbleMassage® air jets, which help relax your muscles, and Bask® heated surfaces to help you relax, both in and around the bathtub. Kohler provides a hand shower in their walk-in tubs with a variety of settings strong enough to get you clean, but gentle on sensitive skin.

While the Kohler bathtub is deep enough to be luxurious, Kohler’s fast-drain technology keeps things moving. Additionally, all Kohler walk-in bathtubs include Kohler’s 3” step-in ultra-low-threshold entries, non-slip surfaces to prevent trips and falls and handrails to keep you steady.

Kohler walk-in tub installation

After inspecting your space, a Kohler walk-in bath installer will provide a quote that includes tub and installation. From there, you can set up a time for technicians to install your Kohler walk-in bath.

During their visit, they will remove your previous tub, renovate the space if necessary, install your new tub and show you how it works. Keep in mind, Kohler can install a walk-in tub in your current bathtub's footprint in as little as a single day.

Kohler walk-in bath prices

Kohler walk-in bath cost can range from $12,000 to $17,000. Kohler gives you a free quote down to the cent for any cost associated for your walk-in tub, including installation and any additional features you select. This price does not change throughout the process, as Kohler prides itself for its "Price Promise."

To help you afford a walk-in tub, Kohler offers both financing and discounts, depending on your credit history and eligibility. Those who buy can be confident in their purchase since Kohler offers a limited lifetime warranty on all major systems of the tub.

Kohler walk-in bath’s unique design

While Kohler walk-in tub dimensions are standard and designed to fit seamlessly in your home, they can be customized to fit any space.

Though many other walk-in tub companies offer customized sizing and features, Kohler offers unique and company exclusive design options. Customers can choose between various faucet styles and wall coverings.

Kohler’s unique line of LuxStone Wall products is simple to install and add a fresh look to your bathroom.

We’ve featured a few options below:

WHITE
  • Price: $1,226.30
  • Description: Plain and simple doesn’t have to mean boring. A classic white wall allows you the most freedom with your decorating.
CROSSCUT DUNE
  • Price: $2,084.65
  • Description: Crosscut Dune allows you to get the feel of marble without the price.
VEINCUT SANDBAR
  • Price: $2,084.65
  • Description: This option gives you the feel of wood without the maintenance.
VEINCUT DUNE
  • Price: $2,084.65
  • Description: This design is based on the grain of real stone and is described as “organic” by Kohler.
VEINCUT DUNE & WHITE
  • Price: $1,681.85
  • Description: A simple but stately combination can give your space a modern feel.
VEINCUT SANDBAR & BISCUIT
  • Price: $1,681.85
  • Description: These two tones bring warmth and an organic feel.

Kohler walk-in bath FAQs

How difficult is it to clean a Kohler walk-in bathtub?
While there is no difference between cleaning a Kohler bathtub and a traditional tub, Kohler recommends using specific products. For instance, they advise using a non-abrasive all-purpose cleaner, glass cleaner and a soft sponge or squeegee. For cleaning the tub, they suggest removing any products, spraying with an all-purpose cleaner and rinsing, and then using the glass cleaner and cloth on the showerhead and faucet.
What type of warranty does Kohler offer for walk-in tubs?
Kohler offers a limited lifetime warranty on the major systems of your tub, including the door, hand-shower and draining system. The warranty covers manufacturing defects.
Will a Kohler walk-in tub fit in my bathroom?
If you have a traditional bathtub, a Kohler walk-in bath fits in your home, with no further cost. While it is more expensive, Kohler can design a custom tub to fit your space.

Do we recommend Kohler walk-in baths?

If you are looking for a company to walk with you through the process of selecting, installing and using a walk-in tub, Kohler can make it happen. Quotes include installation costs, so you'll know the price of your new tub and not be faced with surprise fees. Should something go wrong, Kohler's warranty program and customer service department offer peace of mind. With the best design choices on the market, Kohler's LuxStone Walls and customizations options help you find a walk-in tub that matches your unique decor.

Kohler Walk-In Bath Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler Walk-In Bath?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

My wife and I had talked about buying a hot tub and putting it outside where the swimming pool is. But we decided not to because down here, our winters are cold and wet. And in the summertime, you don't go out there in 80 or 90-degree weather with 100% humidity and hop in a tub that’s hotter than the weather. So the wife said, “Why don't just get the tub instead and have it here in the house instead of having a hot tub outside and you use it anytime you want it?” I said, “Well, that's great.” I filled out a questionnaire and before I knew it, a salesperson from Kohler was calling me to arrange a meeting to be down in my area. He was well-informed, had everything in the case, had samples of the plumbing, and had a roll-up display of what the tub looked like. I had already seen it online but my wife hadn't. So it was educational for the most part and informative.

It took them a while to install it but I don't know if they ran into any difficulties. The electrical man showed up like a Saturday or Sunday and did the wiring portion of it. He let the guys know that he was done with his part and left. The only thing was they had so many installations come in ahead of me that it put me off to an extended period anyway, because we signed paperwork on June 26 for the tub and it was September the 1st before I got it. The team that was gonna come in and do the install had to postpone because a hurricane was coming. It didn't come so we had bright, clear weather for every day they were gonna be not here. And so they had to reschedule for another week and they finally got out here.

Once it was being installed, the guys were really mindful of my house and what it would take to get everything in and to get it put in. They did it all in a day. We originally had a garden tub in that area, and then we had the house remodeled and had a full glass and shower put in that area. So it had a half wall on one end and a full top wall on the other. When it comes down to put the Kohler tub in, there was a space already laid out for it. All they had to do was move the location for the drain. It made it easy for them.

Since the tub was installed, I don't have any complaints about it. I'm a little more relaxed. I'm retired due to a disability, so I'm home every day. We have another bathroom in our house in the upstairs. And if I have to go take a shower, I can go up there. There are times when I don't have enough time to go sit in the tub, fill it up all the way or part of the way, and take a bath. I need to get up and get moving so the shower’s more preferential. But that usually happens on Sunday when I'm going to church or if I got a doctor's appointment. But any other day of the week, I use the tub. The heated seatback of the bathtub is great. They got thermal controls where you go warm, warmer, and warmest. But like they told me when they installed it, to turn it on about five minutes before I get in it, and let the seatback get warm. It does work and I do like it. I wish the seat was heated at the bottom. I've got a surgery that went bad and it bothers my legs and my lower back and the tub helps me out.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Richard. It's wonderful to hear that your sales representative was knowledgeable and informative. We are glad that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath was installed in a day once your installation day arrived. We are thrilled that your walk-in bath has helped you relax and relieve your legs and back when you soak in it. The heated backrest is one of our favorite comfort features as well since it helps keep you warm while the bath fills. We hope you continue to enjoy your walk-in bath for years to come.

Get buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I did a lot of research, talked to a couple of general contractors, went and looked at other tubs, and I kept going back to Kohler. It's American-made, like the founder of the bathtub, it's got a lifetime warranty. I'm 67 years old and I'm only getting this because I'm not able to use my shoulders like I used to and I enjoy a jacuzzi after I work out. I wanted something that would last me a long time. I started looking at the different unique features that Kohler has from the way the seat is and a lot of these, I don't need as much now but I might when I'm older.

With Kohler, you don't slide off the seat and the seat is heated. It has the quick drain and the space. It also air blows, cleaning out the jets, which makes it easy for me to keep them clean. I'm doing the regular maintenance that's required with the dishwasher detergent. It really fascinated that when my general contractor who has done a lot of work for me stopped by, he told me that from now on, he will not gonna do any walk-in tubs. He said when somebody wants one, he is gonna refer them to HomeStart, who did my Kohler because there was no comparison to anything else. He was convinced that the one he could get me from his supplier would be better until I showed him differently. So that was a real affirmation for me.

They replaced everything, including the circuit breakers in my circuit box, even though my house is relatively new. But since they have a lifetime warranty, they wanted to do that. It was as professional as I expected and how they came in and did the whole removal without any mess in installation and in the time frame they promised. It was a very positive, pleasant experience.

It would be really neat if there was a bath feature that allowed me to get the top of my shoulders in the water also. So I can sit in it very comfortably. It would've only applied to people that are well over six feet tall like myself. But I don't expect to ever see that be designed until the average height of Americans is six and a half feet instead of five and a half feet. There could also be an option where I could still lay in the tub, but it would lift my back back up since I'm not allowed to use my shoulders. I miss being able to lay in my jacuzzi. I cannot submerge the upper half of my back and my shoulders in the tub. But the ones that were that size, it would probably only gonna last for a couple of years when you start to peel the onion on them. Other manufacturers do offer a tall person's option but they don't offer the quality and I'm not gonna spend that kind of money.

I got a really good deal with Kohler because I got the COVID discount and military discount and the other discount. I helped the guy out with a dog issue, so he gave me a little bit more off from what I read. But it is a pretty expensive investment. I used my home equity loan line of credit and I'll have it paid off before next summer. I have a couple of people in mind who are gonna go with Kohler when they're ready and they have the money. I've tried to prepare them for the price.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Melita, thank you for your review. As a leader in bath technology, Kohler Co. is proud of our brand's reputation for engineering quality and innovative bathing solutions. Our specially-designed features, Lifetime Limited Warranty and committment to American manufacturing are what helps to set us apart.

We are thrilled that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise. The heated backrest, fast-drain technology, textured surfaces and soothing jets, are among some of our favorite features too.We are also glad that your KOHLER Authorized Dealer was professional, efficient and courteous of your space during the installation process.

Thank you for speaking about your experience as a tall person. Our Kohler engineers are continuously improving the design of our walk-in bath to provide our customers with the best bathing experience, and we appreciate your feedback.

We are glad that our bath was made affordable to you using multiple disounts and are continuously striving to offer an affordable bathing solution by offering financing options and special offers.

We hope you continue to enjoy your walk-in bath for many years to come. Take care.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

I was googling walk-in tubs on the computer. I was thinking of getting that and then Kohler had an ad that I saw in the paper where if you did it, you got something. I started inquiring about them. When I called Kohler, they sent a guy out. He was very convincing and personable. They should give him an A-plus because he talked me into it. The two fellows that put it in were great as well. Now I'm looking in the ads in my newspaper and I see all these promotions, and I thought if I got that 'cause I paid an astronomical amount than I should have. The price was not great for it. There were a couple of things I didn't realize before I bought it that if I knew, I might not have.

It takes a long time to fill the tub up. In the winter, when it's cold, I gotta go in that tub and stand there a long time until it's filled up above the jets, and I'm gonna time it sometime. My son said if I start running the water halfway and turn the jets on while it's filling up, I'd probably do something with the motor, so I don't do it, although I could always call and talk to somebody at Kohler. Luckily, when my husband was alive, he put a heater on the ceiling in the bathroom because he never liked to get out of the shower when it was cold. And so, I can turn the heater on when I'm waiting for it to fill up or to empty. At least I've got that.

Naturally, I was a bath person. I love to soak in the tub. This is a smaller unit and I can't really lay down because it has the seat and stuff. I would not get in there every night and fill that up and turn those jets on. It empties faster than it takes to fill it up. Some nights, I'm tired, and I just wanna sit in the tub and relax, but I'm too tired to wait 10 minutes for the tub to fill up. That's my big issue. So, right now, if I go in there and I turn it on, I am more or less taking a shower. I fill it up a little bit, and then when I'm almost done, I let the water run out because I gotta have the water all gone before I can open the door to get out. That's my issue. If I realized all that, I wouldn't have put that much money into it. But I've done it and now I'm stuck with it.

I even said to my son that maybe I could get a ladder and fill it up then get in and step on the seat. That's defeating the purpose. I wanted a walk-in tub so I wouldn't fall. But that's how I feel. If I could fill the tub up and then get in, I would be totally happy with it. They were wonderful people to deal with. But then I would have to tell my friends that if they're gonna buy a Kohler, this is what I experienced, the length of time to fill it up, and I would ask them if they wanna spend that much money on water.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Joan, thank you for your review. We are glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience.

Depending on the plumbing and age of the home, it may be necessary for some customers to purchase a larger water tank in order to maintain the preferred water temperature in the bath. This ensures a comfortable, shoulder-height soaking depth while you bathe.

For the most comfortable bathing experience, the walk-in bath's drain was designed with Fast-Drain Technology to ensure speedy and consistent filling and draining. While you wait for the bath to fill and drain, we recommend you use the Bask® heated backrest to stay warm and comfortable.

Hope this information helps! Have a wonderful day.

Original review: March 5, 2020

Due to its reputation, I decided Kohler is the right company for me. We had had a bad experience with trying to purchase a previous walk-in tub, and we ended up canceling because we didn’t have confidence in the company that was coming out. The rep from Kohler was wonderful. He was very thorough and answered all of our questions. Because this was our second time around in investigating walk-in tubs, we had a lot of questions. He was able to really answer everything and kind of reassure us on some things that we had concerns about.

The installation day was amazing because we had been told it would be one to two days. It was most likely one day, but sometimes it has to be two days, and we told them that was fine. They came in and installed the tub, and they would have been out in three and a half hours except that the installers were out of the Quad Cities, which is a three and a half-hour drive from our home. And so, it took the electrician a little bit longer to get to us. The installer had set it up with an extension cord, so he could test it, and so we could see how it operates. But then, he waited almost 20 minutes for the electrician to arrive and waited until the electrician had completed his work before he left so that there would be no chance that we would be left with anything other than a perfect installation.

Our new walk-in tub works beautifully and it's a really great product. It's got a handheld shower, which fortunately is long enough to reach to a previously installed kind of like a sliding hook setup that we had for our original shower. We're able to use it both ways, as a handheld or as a standing shower. We love the bubbles and the whirlpool jets. My husband has a bad back, I have very bad knees, so that’s been wonderful. So, it's more than just relaxing in the tub, it's very therapeutic. I do my physical therapy in the tub.

Kohler is a company that’s been around for a very long time. They know what they do, and they do it well. I knew what I wanted. And that’s what I would tell people to do. “Do your research.” The first company that we were dealing with told me that we could not keep our walls. They had to install these new walls on three sides, and they brought me the samples. I told them, “These all looks like essence of marble. It looks like garbage. I got this beautiful porcelain tile, I don’t wanna trash it." And they also told me it would be two to three days of demolition and construction. Kohler was professional was from start to finish. From what I understand, there's only 22 installers in the country.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Beverley, thank you for your review. Kohler is proud to have upheld our reputation for providing impeccable customer service and industry-leading products. We are glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience. We are thrilled that you and your husband are enjoying the therapeutic and comfort features of the KOHLER Walk-In Bath, including the handheld shower and hydrotherapy jets. We hope you continue to enjoy your walk-in bath for many years. Take care.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

When I went to get out of the old tub, even with grab bars, my legs would not get me up as far as I needed to go so I spent nine hours in the bathtub. When my son was home on leave, he said he wanted me to have a walk-in bath. I'm 83 and he’s trying to get me to stay in my home for as long as I can.

The sales rep got here at 11:00 in the morning and he was very patient. My bathroom could only take the smallest model Kohler makes. I was grateful that they found something to fit. At first, I wanted to put the tub in the front bathroom, which was a small 1960’s type bathroom. My son said, “How about this one in the back,” which we added on in 2002. The rep said that that would be much better because the tub is 39-inches high and would have swallowed up the front bathroom. He measured and measured again. He then went down to the basement and measured the crawlspace.

The numbers were kind of a shocker at first. There was a discount for this and a discount for that and they got the price down. It was more than a small car, but they had to take out a non-load bearing wall to make room to fit it in. They also increased the capacity of my water heater, because the tub uses a lot of hot water. The rep explained everything carefully and said that the installation could be done in a day. And the installers did it in eight hours. They asked me did wanted the wall to indent or they could make another wall, which would be straight across. I said straight across, which meant that a lot of the space that was going to be exposed got covered up.

The installers came across something they hadn’t expected. The rep measured from the wall out to the width of the tub and there was gonna be a strip of flooring, a subfloor, that would not be covered by the tub and that would be up to me. That was the hardest part of the whole deal. It was up to me to find somebody to fill in that space because if the underfloor gets wet, I could be in deep trouble. I'm still trying to find somebody to do that, so I'm very careful when I use it to make sure that it’s latched and that it doesn’t get unlatched until it’s empty. The called me twice to see if I got it done and to see if I was pleased with the way they did it.

I didn’t realize how much taking a soaky bath at the end of the day meant to me until I couldn’t do it anymore. We ordered the tub in July, but it wasn't put in until the 11th of December. I was taking showers and missed that stress relief at the end of the day. It has made my day more bearable to be able to soak in warm water for as long as I want.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Annabelle, thank you for your review. We are glad that your salesperson and installers were patient and attentive throughout the process. We are thrilled to hear that you are able to relax and soak again with your new KOHLER Walk-In Bath. We hope you continue to enjoy the Walk-In Bath's comfort and safety features for years to come. Take care.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I expected the installation to be a week or so but the installers did it in one day. They took a little while to get here because of the pandemic and transportation was slowed down but they were extremely friendly. We were very happy with it. The only thing that would have helped is if they made the faucets go from either side. Our bathroom we put the walk-in tub in is very small and we're gonna to do some more remodeling to accommodate it better.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Barbara, thank you for your review! We are so glad that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath was able to be installed in one day. Your feedback is much appreciated as our Kohler engineers are continuously improving the design of our walk-in bath to provide our customers with the best bathing experience. We hope you continue to enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Take care.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Our purchase of a walk-in tub, as well as its installation, were both very good, especially at the end. Somebody from Kohler came by to do a follow-up, checked whether everything was okay, and he gave me his card. He explained to me better the operations in the tub. He went through it all with me and my wife and we were very pleased. The features of the tub were also what we expected.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi David, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you had a positive sales, installation and follow-up experience. We are happy that you and your wife were able to learn more about how your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath operates. We hope you both continue to enjoy all the safety and comfort features of your walk-in bath for years to come. Take care.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Was not happy with the Kohler walk-in tub from the salesperson to the installers... The tub is okay. It is just a bathtub you can step into, nothing special for the high price. I got this for my father and he has not been able to use it at all. This thing takes a lot of water too much for the pipes in his house. Big mistake.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi William, we are sorry that this has been your experience. If you still have concerns, we encourage you to contact your KOHLER Authorized Dealer for assistance. Thank you and have a great day.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

The Kohler rep was very good and the guy who did the installation was very nice. He said it would take one day and it took five days but that was all right. He didn’t spend enough time on demonstrating how to use it though. I always get water all over the place and I had to learn how to work the things. It doesn't have enough information about the tub. But I like it. I just got out of it about 15 minutes ago. I like the jets but when I first started using it, I didn't realize the ones in the back had to be covered up. I had water all over the place. I’m learning and I’m happy with it. I would shop around a little bit more for price though.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Ronald, thank you for your review! We are glad that you had a positive experience with your sales representative and KOHLER Authorized Dealer. We appreciate your feedback on needing additional education on how to use the walk-in bath and will use your experience to improve our process. We hope you continue to enjoy your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath for years to come. Take care.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

I can no longer get into a regular bathtub. My children didn't feel it was safe for me to be in the shower because they were afraid I would slip and fall. Kohler had the features that I needed to be safe and I was partial to them because my dad was a plumber for a while, earning a living and he sold Kohler products and he said they're the top of the line. So they would be a good purchase and better than some of the others. I was pleased with everyone I dealt with. The gentleman who came when I agreed to purchase the tub was very good as well as the crew that put it in. They cleaned up so nice when they were done. So I have no complaints. I have a handicapped son and I had trouble getting him in the other tub and he just loves this tub. I have a couple of tall sons that have back problems so I told them that whenever it's bad, they can come up and sit in my tub. It'll make them feel better.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Joann, thank you for your review! We are so glad that the KOHLER Walk-In Bath has provided you with a safer, more comfortable bathing experience. We are glad that your sales representative and your KOHLER Authorized Dealer was courteous and professional. It's great to hear that your sons are also able to enjoy the safety and pain-relieving features as well. We hope you all continue to enjoy your walk-in bath for years to come. Take care.

Kohler, Co. Company Information