Kohler Walk-In Bath
4.77/5

Kohler, Co.

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Experience the Walk-In Bath designed by Kohler, the leader in bath technology for over 140 years. With specialty features including the lowest step-in on the market, heated surfaces, hydrotherapy jets and an extra-wide seat, the Walk-In Bath was designed to deliver a safe and comfortable bathing experience with every soak. Each bath is designed and assembled in the U.S. and comes with a Lifetime Limited Warranty for complete peace of mind. Contact us for a free quote today!

Kohler Walk-In Bath Video
Kohler Walk-In Bath Gallery (6)
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Kohler's walk-in tubs are designed to keep you safe and comfortable with patented technology, like BubbleMassage® air jets and Bask® heated surfaces. Although Kohler designs may be expensive, their customization is excellent.

PROS

• LuxStone Wall design options
  • One-day installation
  • Custom fits available
  • Lowest walk-in on the market

CONS

• Pricey upgrades

Top Kohler Walk-In Bath Reviews

The rep [at Kohler] was great and I liked everything about his presentation and service. The installation team only took a day and a half and the experience was great. The tub is very relaxing. I’ve got neuropathy and it helps my feet.

I love Kohler's product. I wish we had it five years ago... It was just almost unbelievable when he gave us a quote for how much it was gonna cost - it's like buying a house or a car. But... with our age and the things that are wrong with us, we find the tub as something that we needed.

Kohler walk-in bath features

If you are looking to get the spa experience in the comfort of your home, no matter your accessibility needs, Kohler can help. Kohler’s walk-in tubs offer comfort, safety and convenience for those who are looking for a bathing experience, not just a bath.

Kohler’s comfort technology includes BubbleMassage® air jets, which help relax your muscles, and Bask® heated surfaces to help you relax, both in and around the bathtub. Kohler provides a hand shower in their walk-in tubs with a variety of settings strong enough to get you clean, but gentle on sensitive skin.

While the Kohler bathtub is deep enough to be luxurious, Kohler’s fast-drain technology keeps things moving. Additionally, all Kohler walk-in bathtubs include Kohler’s 3” step-in ultra-low-threshold entries, non-slip surfaces to prevent trips and falls and handrails to keep you steady.

Kohler walk-in tub installation

After inspecting your space, a Kohler walk-in bath installer will provide a quote that includes tub and installation. From there, you can set up a time for technicians to install your Kohler walk-in bath.

During their visit, they will remove your previous tub, renovate the space if necessary, install your new tub and show you how it works. Keep in mind, Kohler can install a walk-in tub in your current bathtub's footprint in as little as a single day.

Kohler walk-in bath prices

Kohler walk-in bath cost can range from $12,000 to $17,000. Kohler gives you a free quote down to the cent for any cost associated for your walk-in tub, including installation and any additional features you select. This price does not change throughout the process, as Kohler prides itself for its "Price Promise."

To help you afford a walk-in tub, Kohler offers both financing and discounts, depending on your credit history and eligibility. Those who buy can be confident in their purchase since Kohler offers a limited lifetime warranty on all major systems of the tub.

Kohler walk-in bath FAQs

How difficult is it to clean a Kohler walk-in bathtub?
While there is no difference between cleaning a Kohler bathtub and a traditional tub, Kohler recommends using specific products. For instance, they advise using a non-abrasive all-purpose cleaner, glass cleaner and a soft sponge or squeegee. For cleaning the tub, they suggest removing any products, spraying with an all-purpose cleaner and rinsing, and then using the glass cleaner and cloth on the showerhead and faucet.
What type of warranty does Kohler offer for walk-in tubs?
Kohler offers a limited lifetime warranty on the major systems of your tub, including the door, hand-shower and draining system. The warranty covers manufacturing defects.
Will a Kohler walk-in tub fit in my bathroom?
If you have a traditional bathtub, a Kohler walk-in bath fits in your home, with no further cost. While it is more expensive, Kohler can design a custom tub to fit your space.

Kohler Walk-In Bath Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

I have a Kohler sink in my bathroom and my familiarity with their products is one of the factors that I considered when choosing them. Also, I used to work in real estate and I know Kohler's a good-quality brand. Although it's a lot more expensive than a lot of the competitors, there's a lifetime warranty on everything like in terms of the motor, the jets and the plumbing. That was the big reason that I purchased their walk-in bath. Ten years down the road, if I have a problem, it's gonna be a much bigger problem if there's not someplace I can go to and have to pay for repairs.

The sales reps that I spoke with was okay but there was some confusion and not as much as clarity as should've been established in terms of the installation process, and that got problematic. With me running into some issues, the installation was over the course of about 10 days. There was some time when the installer had to come back and he had other jobs he had to do. But in the end, it was resolved. He was very good and super professional. He was a nice guy and he knew what he was doing.

I got the tub because my 96-year-old mother moved in a few weeks ago and I like it because it makes it really easy and comfortable for her. As for me, I don't mind sitting down or standing up to take a shower and use the bath, but the Kohler tub is nice. I would like it if the jets were higher up but I understand why they can't be because I gotta fill up the tub and then that's more water. That's my only disappointment with the tub but it's not a big deal.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Randy, thank you for being a loyal Kohler customer! We are so glad that our Lifetime Limited Warranty gives you peace of mind with your walk-in bath purchase—that is exactly what it's designed for!

We are sorry to hear that you experienced some confusion during the sales and installation process. If you still have questions or concerns, please call us at (800) 707-5276.

We hope the walk-in bath continues to make bathing easier and more comfortable for your mother. Have a great day!

Get expert buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 23, 2019

We were initially given a choice between a Kohler and a Jacuzzi, and the salesman said that the Kohlers are a little bit wider to sit down in. He also said the only difference was that we weren't supposed to use too much Epsom salts or any kind of bath salts in them. But we talked to someone else with Kohler and they said that if we wanna up Epsom salt in there, it's not gonna hurt as long as we don’t make it soupy.

We decided to order the Kohler bathtub and it was very easy. When we called, they contacted us back and made arrangements to come out within a week. And at that time, we decided that we really wanted to do that. So, the man explained things to us and we were pleased with his presentation. He told us everything about it and the guys who came out to install it were also very professional.

Now that we’ve got the tub and used it a few times, it’s really good and I like everything about it. It's an awesome system. We can turn on the water pump or the air bubbles and it keeps the water hot. It doesn't cool down when you're using it and that’s a big plus. If you soak in the tub very long, it’ll get cold. But if you run it, it stays warm. It’s also easier to get in and out of our Kohler than a tub or a hot shower. Plus, I can soak in it. I’m on my feet a lot and my back, knees and hips bother me all the time, but I can just sit in the Kohler tub and actually relax. Then the pain goes away. And when I get out, I can just jump in bed and go right to sleep. But I wish that they got a little shower compartment on one end a little bit and that the shower hose was a little bit longer.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Shane, we are so glad to hear that the Walk-In Bath is helping with pain relief and relaxation. We are also pleased to hear of the professionalism demonstrated by your local Kohler Partners during the sales and installation process. We hope that you continue to enjoy your new bath experience! Take care.

Original review: June 5, 2019

My husband and I are both handicapped and we can’t stand for very long. I was looking on the internet, and I came across a bunch of walk-in tubs. Kohler is a name brand and I’ve seen their products. I even had some of their products. When we used to live in Cincinnati, I got a couple of estimates and saw presentations from companies. But I knew I didn’t want them so I got a Kohler walk-in bath. I thought if they make good products, maybe they’ll make a good bathtub.

Their rep came out, looked at me and husband, and judged what kind of bathtub would be best for us. We are too big to get into a smaller one. He had a lot of presentation and was prepared. I trusted him because of that. He answered all of our questions efficiently without having to look all over. He knew what was best for us based on the things he knew about us. We just felt really good about picking him.

The installation crew was very nice. They told us it would take one to two days. Ours had to be custom put in because we didn't want them to put it in a bathroom. We wanted it to be in our master bedroom. We knew by getting it customized, we had to pay extra money for it. When the installers came out, they started taking things down and they saw that there were more issues. But they didn't charge us more for it. It took at least five days before we got all the job done.

At that point, I told them not to paint into the closet because they had to go through our closet. We had to take everything out of it. It was kind of a mess dealing with all the drywall dust. There were other things, but it was a lot longer and worse than we thought it was gonna be for installation. Some of it had to do with some of their crew not showing up. He had his son come back and do a little bit of something else. They didn't wanna put our shelf back in. They didn't tape the closet where they sawed around to take that wall out. They could have taped the drywall on the part to kinda go quicker.

The installers were very professional. Their guy told us that they didn't know what they got into when they started. He kept us updated. The only thing I was kinda disappointed with was on the fourth or fifth day. We didn't have any conversation with him. He said somebody would be back for another day but nobody showed up. Finally, the day after that, somebody showed up and we were kinda in limbo. Overall, it’s not Kohler's fault that we had all of this. I just didn't get all of the details like why they didn't show up. A phone call would have been perfect. But I’m so happy with the overall effect.

The final product is really good. It doesn't look like something that was just haphazardly put in and you know it was bad construction. It kinda fits. There are some places where it looks better than others. It’s a white tub and there’s rubber caulk inside the tub that I can’t get off. It’s like caulk that’s been rubbed off but wasn’t cleaned off, so you feel that kind of feel. There are two or three places of that in there. But I think eventually, it’ll come off. I can’t use a razor blade because I’m afraid of scratches. That also doesn't take away from my bathing experience at all. It’s just when I clean it, I wanna scrub to try to get it off but I can’t.

I love our tub and it’s good enough for me and my husband. It looks good. You kinda look forward to the massaging effect of the bubbles and the tub keeping you warm. My only thing is the people didn't turn our water heater up high enough to fill up a bath that’s warm. Two minutes before the tub fills up and you can run the jets, it starts going cold. Maybe they did it just enough to their comfort level but it was not to ours. We like it to be warmer. We completely heat it up or put our water in just with the hot water alone. Aso, the guys didn't even wanna put the booster on there. I don't know what the booster really is, other than it has to do with the heating of the water. He didn't explain it. When I was asked if I needed the booster, I said yes if it's supposed to be there.

Overall, I was really impressed with the product itself and with the salesperson who came out. The construction people were very professional to a certain point. They sounded confident and I trusted their opinion. Other than the last two days of the job, it was perfect for us. They cleaned up their stuff although there's no real way to contain drywall dust.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Jane, thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you found your in-home sales experience to be helpful and informative for you and your husband.

For unique installation projects such as yours, the process can take longer than expected. We apologize for the disruption to your at-home routine, and for the lack of communication from the installation team. We take these matters very seriously.

We are happy to see that you and your husband are enjoying your new bathing experience. If your water heater or the bath itself still requires follow-up service, we encourage you to contact the installer to address the issue. We hope you continue to enjoy your new safe and comfortable bathing experience. Take care.

Original review: June 2, 2019

We were very impressed with the service of Kohler's rep. He came and measured everything and told us what everything would cost. He was very attentive to what we were asking and was very informative of the questions we had. If he wasn’t sure what the question was, he called someone to see if he could get the question. We were so impressed with the way they did their job.

Everybody on their installation team was very cooperative. They did what they needed to do. However, they had a bit of difficulty getting the tub upstairs. There wasn't enough clearance using the original set of stairs so they had to come through our other door. Still, they didn't have to take any doorjambs off which was something we weren't too keen about since we have an old house. They got the tub up there.

They had to wire the tub for the jets and the heater and then they had to do the plumbing. My other half went into the shower with them, showed them where all the plumbing was, and they wired it. The first gentleman showed up at 8:00 and he started right in on taking out the tub. They left everything neat and very clean. Initially, when they said one-day installation, we were very skeptical. But then when they had a team of three who knew what they were doing and they did an awesome job. They were very pleasant.

After they put in the tub, we made a phone call to the representative whom we saw the first time to have him come over and give us an estimate on a shower. We recommend Kohler and would suggest their installer NEWPRO to anybody. Since the installation, we've found that the walk-in tub has been awesome. Before we had a tub that was really tiny. We've been at our old farmhouse for 15 years and I only took a bath in the old tub once. With our Kohler, I filled the tub up and just sat there with the jets and relaxed. I was in seventh heaven. It was expensive, probably a little bit more than what we were willing to pay, but we also know that we’re getting on in age and getting in and out of a tub wouldn’t be very easy. What we got from Kohler is gonna make our life so much easier.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Nancy, we are so glad that you are pleased with the workmanship and service of our local Kohler Partner sales and installation team. Thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled that you and your husband are enjoying the relaxing benefits of the Walk-In Bath. We hope you continue to enjoy your new bathing experience in your home for years to come. Take care!

Original review: June 1, 2019

I'm familiar with Kohler from the Home Depot and all the other products that they have, so I picked them. They did what they were asked and they made the walls a little bit higher to go up to the ceiling. So I found that helpful. I also had no problem with their sales reps. The only concern I had was with the financing. The paperwork and the guy that I was talking to were very confusing. He had to make the money that I put down into three different portions so that everything was getting a bit of something. Then I had to do an email to GreenSky because they put my physical address on the billing part and not my PO box where all my important billing goes to.

Hopefully, GreenSky is getting that I want my address changed to my PO box number. Aside from that, my account still shows a different amount than I was told I owed. I owed 17 and they had on there a bigger amount. The amount was supposed to change after the sixth month because they gave me an extra amount to do any kind of other work that I needed to be done. And I was waiting for that six-month period to be over before I did any checking up on them. It's also kind of confusing on who I'm supposed to call about these issues.

Other than that, the installation team that came out was good and they had everything done. But they came back the next day to finish up and do some things. I've also had the guys back a number of times for a few little things like my shower hose that was broken. It was a default to begin with and they had to put extra putty down so it wouldn't crack up and pop through. But they've come and taken care of everything quickly and they have been very accommodating. Right now, things are working perfectly. I feel comfortable in my tub and it feels really good. I'm able to reach things better, or I can sit when one of my knees or my bones are bad and I'm tired. So, it made a difference. All in all, my expectations were met and everything was done in a professional level. I also recommend the Kohler walk-in bathtub to everybody that I've talked to.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Teresa, thank you for sharing your feedback. We are so glad that you had a positive quote appointment and installation experience.

We apologize for any confusion you experienced during the financing process. We try to make it as easy as possible for our customers to purchase a Walk-In Bath as soon as they need it. If you are still having difficulties or concerns, please contact the local Kohler Partner that installed your Walk-In Bath.

We are so thrilled that you are enjoying the safety and comfort benefits of your new bathing experience, and thank you for spreading the word! Take care!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler Walk-In Bath?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I had people come in and give me different estimates and I decided to go with Kohler because I got a better price with them. I also like the guy who came in and talked to me. He was wonderful. The installation was absolutely fabulous. All three guys were as nice as they could be. They got it in and got it cleaned up. I had a little problem with the drain, and I called them back. They came back and fixed it for me. Everyone that I worked with was very professional. And I love the Kohler tub. It's a lot safer for my husband.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Ronda, thank you for your review. We are so glad that you had a great sales and installation experience and that your husband is enjoying a safer bath at home. We hope you both continue to enjoy your new Walk-In Bath. Have a great day.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I got Kohler for my walk-in tub because they have a good name. The sales rep was very pleasant and professional. But there was a little snag during the installation. The original day that it was supposed to be installed, apparently, the people that were doing the installation quit. But I called the salesman, and he worked with the company to get somebody else in because it dragged on and on. It was 50 days after we bought the tub. They got some other guy to come in and install it and it went flawlessly. The guy was in and out in six hours, and he cleaned up after himself. He took all the scrap and stuff away. It really went very well. I'm really enjoying the tub. I really like the bubbles. It’s very relaxing. I’m very pleased.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Elizabeth, we sincerely apologize for the issues with the local Kohler Partner installers and subsequent delay in installation. We are so glad that everything eventually worked out, and that you are enjoying your new bathing experience! Thank you for sharing your feedback. Have a great day.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

The sales rep of Kohler were pushy. We ended up sending her out the door. But four days later we made up our mind to go ahead. The quality of their product has been great. The walk-in tub makes a big difference after you work out, or if you just don’t feel good and stuff like that. It does a wonderful thing. If you got a massage, they tell you to soak and that’s a great thing to soak in.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Jeanie, we are sorry to hear about your experience with your local Kohler Partner. Our goal is to provide a no-obligation experience during your in-home quote appointment. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your Walk-In Bath. Thank you for sharing your feedback. Have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

We have all Kohler products, and all good products where I work at so I decided to have them work for the tub of my step-dad. The jets were the selling point for him. Their sales rep was very flexible. The installation team also did great. They were very informative, very professional and cleaned up after themselves.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Kris, thank you for being a loyal Kohler customer! We are so glad that your step-dad is enjoying his new Walk-In Bath and the hydrotherapy whirlpool and BubbleMassage jets. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Have a great day.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I had been thinking about a walk-in tub for a while, one that looked professional and nice and made the bathroom look better. And I didn't want one that looked cheap. That was why I selected Kohler. I love it and I highly recommend it to anybody. I don't have to use the jets. I can jump in and use the shower or tub. But I really like sitting in the jets. I think that's my favorite thing. It relaxes me as long as I've got the time to sit in there. I have to make sure that I have at least a half hour to do that. But the whole experience with Kohler was nice. The installation took less time than I thought they would and they explained everything. Mike and Brian were both wonderful and they cleaned everything including the whole bathroom before they left.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Cheryl, thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear about your experience with your local Kohler Partner salesman and installation team. And we are thrilled that you are enjoying your Walk-In Bath. We hope it continues to give you relaxation and comfort with every soak. Have a great day!

Kohler walk-in bath’s unique design

While Kohler walk-in tub dimensions are standard and designed to fit seamlessly in your home, they can be customized to fit any space.

Though many other walk-in tub companies offer customized sizing and features, Kohler offers unique and company exclusive design options. Customers can choose between various faucet styles and wall coverings.

Kohler’s unique line of LuxStone Wall products is simple to install and add a fresh look to your bathroom.

We’ve featured a few options below:

WHITE
  • Price: $1,226.30
  • Description: Plain and simple doesn’t have to mean boring. A classic white wall allows you the most freedom with your decorating.
CROSSCUT DUNE
  • Price: $2,084.65
  • Description: Crosscut Dune allows you to get the feel of marble without the price.
VEINCUT SANDBAR
  • Price: $2,084.65
  • This option gives you the feel of wood without the maintenance.
VEINCUT DUNE
  • Price: $2,084.65
  • Description: This design is based on the grain of real stone and is described as “organic” by Kohler.
VEINCUT DUNE & WHITE
  • Price: $1,681.85
  • Description: A simple but stately combination can give your space a modern feel.
VEINCUT SANDBAR & BISCUIT
  • Price: $1,681.85
  • Description: These two tones bring warmth and an organic feel.

Do we recommend Kohler walk-in baths?

If you are looking for a company to walk with you through the process of selecting, installing and using a walk-in tub, Kohler can make it happen. Quotes include installation costs, so you'll know the price of your new tub and not be faced with surprise fees. Should something go wrong, Kohler's warranty program and customer service department offer peace of mind. With the best design choices on the market, Kohler's LuxStone Walls and customizations options help you find a walk-in tub that matches your unique decor.

Kohler, Co. Company Information