4.7/5 (203 ratings)

About Kohler Walk-In Bath

Kohler manufactures and sells walk-in baths and other bathroom products. The company uses its own patented technology on its air-massage jets and heated surfaces. Kohler also offers a variety of wall designs to customize your tub to your bathroom decor. If you’re interested, reach out for a free in-home consultation and quote.

Pros

• Various wall design options
    • One-day installations
    • Custom fits available
    • 3-inch step-in height

Cons

• Pricey upgrades
    • Pricing not available online

Bottom Line

Kohler's walk-in tubs feature patented technology to keep you safe and comfortable, like BubbleMassage air jets and Bask heated surfaces. It can be expensive, but it offers many customizations.

Top Kohler Walk-In Bath Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The purchase process at Kohler was thoroughly enjoyable. I didn't think that the installers could do as good as they did. ... They answered all my questions. The walk-in tub adds ...

Verified

I love Kohler products. They last and they're 110% top quality. The reps of Kohler were wonderful. ... I love all the features of my walk-in tub. I have trouble with my back and I...

Information from Kohler on the coronavirus (COVID-19)

If you are uncomfortable with scheduling an in-home quote appointment, you can set up a virtual quote appointment in many markets. During in-home visits, Kohler employees follow special safety guidelines, including using hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes throughout the process.

Kohler walk-in bath features

If you have difficulty bathing or are looking to get the spa experience in the comfort of your home, Kohler can help. Its walk-in tubs offer increased comfort, safety and convenience versus traditional tubs.

Kohler’s comfort technologies include BubbleMassage air jets to help soothe your muscles and Bask heated surfaces to help you relax in and around the tub. Kohler also provides a hand-held showerhead with settings that are strong enough to get you clean but gentle on sensitive skin.

While Kohler bathtubs are deep enough for immersion, Kohler’s fast-drain technology keeps things moving. Additionally, all Kohler walk-in bathtubs include the company’s 3-inch threshold entries, non-slip surfaces to prevent trips and falls, and handrails to keep you steady.

Kohler walk-in tub installation

Kohler offers professional installation for its walk-in tubs, but you’ll need to have an installer check your home first. After inspecting your space, a Kohler walk-in bath installer will provide a quote that includes the cost of the tub and installation. From there, you can set up a time for technicians to install your new walk-in bath.

During their visit, these technicians will remove your previous tub, renovate the space if necessary, install your new tub and show you how it works. Kohler can install a walk-in tub in your current bathtub's footprint in as little as one day.

Kohler walk-in bath cost

Kohler’s walk-in bath prices depend on the model you choose and the amount of construction required for the installation. After you receive your in-home consultation, Kohler gives you a free quote for any costs associated with your walk-in tub, including installation and any additional features you select. This price does not change throughout the process, as Kohler prides itself on its "Price Promise."

To help you afford a walk-in tub, Kohler offers both discounts and financing, depending on your credit history and eligibility. The company also offers a limited lifetime warranty on all the major systems of the tub.

Kohler walk-in bath designs

While many other walk-in tub companies offer customized sizing and features, Kohler also offers exclusive design options, like faucet styles and wall coverings.

Kohler walk-in bath FAQ

How difficult is it to clean a Kohler walk-in bathtub?
    No, it shouldn’t be any harder to clean a Kohler tub than a model from any other brand. Kohler recommends using a nonabrasive all-purpose cleaner on the tub and a glass cleaner and a soft sponge or squeegee on the showerhead and faucet. Just make sure you remove products from the tub before you start and rinse off the tub when you’re done.
    What type of warranty does Kohler offer for walk-in tubs?
    Kohler offers a limited lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects on the major systems of your tub, including the door, showerhead and hydrotherapy systems.
    Will a Kohler walk-in tub fit in my bathroom?
    If you have a traditional bathtub, a Kohler walk-in bath should fit in your home. The Kohler walk-in bath is designed to fit in the footprint of an existing tub. Custom sizes are available, ranging from 52 to 60 inches long and 28 to 32 inches wide. If you want to be sure, a certified safety specialist can visit your home for a no-cost consultation to determine if a walk-in tub will fit in your bathroom.
    How many jets come with a Kohler walk-in bath?
    A Kohler walk-in bath comes with up to 10 jets.

Do we recommend Kohler walk-in baths?

If you are looking for a company to guide you through selecting, installing and using a walk-in tub, Kohler can help. With a range of colors, fixtures and design choices available, Kohler's wall designs and customization options can help you find a walk-in tub that matches your unique decor. Quotes include installation costs, so you can know the price of your new tub before you commit and avoid any hidden fees. Should something go wrong, Kohler's warranty program and customer service department are there to make it right.

Kohler Walk-In Bath Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler Walk-In Bath?

Original review: April 16, 2022

The rep, Blair, was absolutely wonderful. I have a very old home from the 1950s, so my big concern is always the plumbing and the electric. I didn't want any new surprises that show up sometimes. He looked and said, "I don't see anything. Obviously, plumbing, electric could be a problem. You may need this. And if you do, it would be an extra fee. But that's the electrician. That's not my call. The electrician will come out and take a look before we have to do any of this." He went through everything, including the financing. He answered all my questions and was very pleasant and not pushy about it at all, which I appreciated. He also showed me the video and we laughed 'cause the guy in the video couldn't tell his left from his right.

I liked the financing. The company Kohler used, I used in the past to do my windows with Andersen, and I got zero percent for a set amount of time. I didn't have to pay any of it till the day before it was due and I can pay the whole thing then if I wanted. I liked that because it enabled me to put the tub in now and enjoy it, not wait till I saved the $19,000 to put it in. When the techs arrived, I asked and they explained everything. The guy said it could take anywhere from one to three days and that they had to rip out the old tub and see what they had to work with. They do one day then come back the next and caulk everything. He said, "The caulking needs to set. You can't use it. We come back the second day and double-check everything." The techs were great. They showed me everything, then I had to wait to use the tub.

I warned the poor electrician when he came, "This is the house from hell. This is electrical wiring from the 1950s." He was like, "Oh, my God." I showed him where we had done plumbing and went around things because I'm on a slab. I have no attic and one has to be really savvy to get this house wired and plumbed. He took the time and listened to me. I said, "The last guy that went in with the plumbing went in through here, across here, and right in the wall over here." He said, "Okay, that may work, let me look over here." He thought about it before he started drilling holes.

Using it is one of those things I do at least once, if not twice, a week because once I get in, I don't want to get out. I love the heated back. I wish it was warmer, but I love the bubblers and the jets, the two different things so I can get a combination and figure out what part of my aching body needs it the most. I have recommended Kohler to lots of people. In fact, my sister-in-law didn't do the walk-in tub, but she did a walk-in shower. She had an old claw tub and needed that.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Sheila, thank you for your review. It is wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has provided you with the comfort and safety you deserve. The Bask heated bask rest, and the hydrotherapy jets are some of our favorite features too! Thank you for sharing your experience with us and recommending us to others; it is really appreciated. We hope you continue enjoying your walk-in bath for years to come.

Get buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 6, 2022

I liked the salesman who came out. He was very nice and answered any questions we had. He had the brochures and showed us what it would look like. The installation day was perfect. The guys were super from the moment they walked in the door. They put my mind at ease and did a good job of putting the tub in. It looked nice when it was done. I love the tub so much. I broke my leg two times. A lot of it is metal and it gets stiff all the time. I go in that tub, turn those bubbles on, and it feels so good. However, I got stuck in the tub the second week we had it. When I was done, I went to pull up the handle to get the drain open, and it wouldn't open. I was sitting down there and holding the drain up so the water would go out. I should have sat on the seat before it was all gone. My legs were stuck. We put water back in the tub up to where the seat was so I could get up.

I usually take a bath every other day and it worked. About the third time after that, it wouldn’t open again. I played a little bit with the handle, and it was loose to open and shut. I went down and held the drain open again. The next day, I called Kohler. They sent somebody out the same day. It was Carrie, a really nice guy. He came in and said that some of the stuff needs to be tightened. He was here an hour or two and tightened everything. Then I took a bath that night, it worked fine. I took a bath two days later, and it worked fine too. My husband soaked in the tub one of those days, and it worked fine as well. A week later, the drain wouldn't open again. My husband was getting angry. He told me for $21,000, it should work better than that.

I called Kohler and told them it happened again. Carrie called me 10 minutes later after I got off the phone with this gal. He told me he was gonna look into it and and would get back to me. He got back to me about a half hour later. Some people never call you back but Kohler is wonderful with their customer service. I didn't have to argue with anybody. Carrie told me they were going to replace the tub. We had the original tub put in January 10th and 11th of this year. The seats started having hairline cracks. There were four of them, and they were spidering out. Carrie and Rick came this morning, and they brought a new tub. Now, they’re installing it.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Melody, thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are sorry to hear about the inconveniences you experienced, and we are glad that our team was able to address the issues. Customer satisfaction is our priority. Do not hesitate to contact our customer service team if you have any other concerns about your walk-in bath. To contact our Customer Service team, please call (800) 986-5977 or visit https://www.kohlerwalkinbath.com/contact/service.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

Tom gave a good presentation where he had everything out and showed what the fixtures were, and he had a screen that showed us everything. But I wasn't a lover of the price. I paid more for the tub than I did for my truck. I got a lot of payments to make on it, but I’m pleased. My wife loves the tub. When the jets were on medium, it relaxed her legs so much and she had a hard time getting off the seat. At the time, she was in there for over 20 minutes sitting in there with the bubbles. She likes getting a bath.

The installers were supposed to be here on the 11th. They said they might not get here until around 12:00 and the installer showed up at 6:30 that night. He said he was gonna take some pictures and that they'll be back. He was a real nice guy and very neat. I took a picture of the bathroom before I even cleaned anything up right after he left, and you can't tell that they've been doing any construction there. So, I’m pleased with the construction.

The installer started the work the next day. For the next two days, he worked 11 hours a day with some boy. They had to carry this 300-and-some-pound tub up the steps. They knew I had to put in a 50-gallon hot water heater because I only had a 40-gallon. They had to go to Home Depot to get the hot water heater. They took pictures when I signed up for it. Why isn’t the hot water heater in with the tub if they knew I had to get one? The installer spent three hours between wanting to get something to eat and getting the tub from Home Depot. I figured when the installers go to pick up their stuff, everything would be right there, and all they would do was load it up and head to the job site. The installer had to go around finding the parts for it. For a big company, why did the guy have get everything together and put it on his trailer and go two and a half hours away? I pictured a little more put-together situation and it seemed kinda helter-skelter.

He also had to get a piece of pipe to hook up the hot water tank and I took him up to the hardware store because he didn't know where it was at for sure. So, we bought quite a few pieces and what he didn't use, I took back and got my money back. There was only one tightened up bolt that he needed to connect the gas line to the hot water tank. But I didn't mind that. I cut up the boxes and got rid of them and put them in the back of my truck and took them down to where I work and threw them in the dumpster. The only thing that the installer took back was the old tub he took out that was cut up into pieces. He put that on the trailer and strapped it down. But he was great to work with and I didn't mind them being in the house. He was very polite.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Harry, thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any miscommunication and inconvenience you may have experienced during the installation. We are thrilled to hear that you are pleased with your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath and that your wife is enjoying the health and wellness benefits of our Hydrotherapy whirlpool jets. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Have a nice day!

Original review: July 16, 2021

I called Kohler. The gentleman came, we discussed the walk-in bath and there was a showroom in Aston. That's not particularly convenient for me, but it's less than an hour. I'm in a retirement community. I said, "I have heard that there are a couple on the property already. I don't know if they're Kohler or not. Is it possible that one of those would be willing to show me their tub, if in fact it's a Kohler?" He showed me and told me everything about it. I signed a contract based on the fact that I would have the ability to see a tub within 36 hours or that contract would be null and void. He said there was one on the property and he would talk to her.

Sure enough, he was here Friday and Monday morning, a lady called me who lived on the property, said she had been called. I was perfectly welcome to come over and see her tub, which she had had installed for her husband, who had physical issues. So, that was why I ended up going with Kohler. I was happy with that. I called the rep back and said, "I've seen the job. That's fine. Go ahead." However, there was a long wait. Initially, he thought it would be about six or eight weeks, but it was longer than that. I joked that maybe it was one of those things that was stuck in the Suez Canal because there was a delay in getting the parts.

But they did such an excellent job of installing it. I'm very happy with the installation. It certainly looks very nice. It fits in the bathroom well. Doesn't look like it didn't belong there and doesn't look like something was modified to make it fit. Those people who have looked at it said, "Wow, look at that. Look at the jets." I also enjoy it particularly on my lower back because I have had some problems in the past with the lower back and it's good for that. I'm very pleased with it.

But I was going to call them today to ask what the average drain time is because I find it a long time to drain. It seems like I open the drain, and then it partially shuts. I don't know whether that's right or not. But it's very comfortable. The instructions are easy to follow and the tub itself is of high quality. The installation team was so diligent and clean too. I could not believe it took them two full days. That surprised me. But when they were done, everything was just absolutely fine.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Thank you for your review, Gloria! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales experience and that your installers were prompt and efficient during the installation. We apologize for the delays you experienced, and we are so glad you are enjoying the safety and comfort of a KOHLER Walk-In Bath. The soothing jets are some of our favorite features too!

For the most comfortable bathing experience, the walk-in bath's drain was designed with Fast-Drain Technology to ensure speedy and consistent filling and draining. While you wait for the bath to fill and drain, we recommend you use the Bask® heated backrest to stay warm and comfortable. We encourage you to call our Customer Service team at (800) 986-5977 with any questions about your KOHLER Walk-In Bath. They would be happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Have a nice day!

Original review: June 28, 2021

We had looked into Safe Step, had them come out and kind of price a walk-in tub. It was a ridiculous price and there was no way we could afford it so we had to tell them no. Then I saw a commercial that Kohler had walk-in tubs. Somebody from Kohler called me and I talked to him. He told me he could make us a better deal. We agreed to look into it when spring came and we did. He was awesome. We loved him. When you talk to him, he listens to you. He doesn't misunderstand what you're telling him. He's the friendliest fellow.

There was some confusion during the installation but it worked out okay. They were gonna install it one day but they've got a new girl running the scheduling and she forgot to call the electricians. The guys who brought the tub to install it were running behind and it was gonna be nine o'clock before they were able to get it done. Plus, we wouldn't get to use the tub until four or five days later. They didn't think that that would be too cool so they discussed it with me and came back on Thursday. Those two guys were awesome. They knew exactly what to do and how to do it. They did the installation in a great timeframe. They took out our old tub and cleaned up every five minutes. When we went in there after they finished, you couldn't tell there’d been construction going on in there. It was so clean.

We love our Kohler walk-in bath. The best thing we ever did was buy it. It is expensive but it is awesome. My favorite features are the ability to get in and out of it. The jets and the bubbles are wonderful. It is so relaxing and makes you feel good. My husband has brain damage and had to relearn how to walk. I always believed that if we could get him something like this tub, the warm water, the jets and the massage would relax his muscles and help him walk better, and they do. He gets in it every day now and lets those jets and air bubbles massage his legs. Now, he walks a lot smoother than he did. His legs and back are much more relaxed. He jumps out of the bed now instead of having stand up, fall down, stand up, fall down.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Shirley, thank you for your amazing review and kind words! It is wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled that you and your husband are enjoying the KOHLER® Walk-In Bath and that your husband is reaping the health and wellness benefits of the hydrotherapy jets. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, it is appreciated!

Original review: May 11, 2022

The salesman from Kohler was very good, not pushy and answered all my questions. The installation people were very nice and professional. It was a pleasant experience. The product is fabulous. I could have a bath now when I couldn’t for three years.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

We appreciate the review, Laurie! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience from start to finish, and we hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Thanks again!

Original review: May 8, 2022

The installation of my Kohler was good. I got a tub and a shower combined. It was done in a day. They were all courteous and professional. But they're still bringing a part to me. The handle to activate the handheld shower came off. It broke the first time I used it. The design could have been better. But I got all the spa jets and I like those.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Eric, thank you for your review. We are glad that you had a positive installation experience with us, and we are happy that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has provided you with the comfort and safety you deserve. We are sorry to hear the handle to activate the handheld shower came off, and we would like to help. At your convenience, please get in touch with our Customer Service team by calling (800) 986-5977 or visiting https://www.kohlerwalkinbath.com/contact/service. We look forward to assisting you.

Original review: May 7, 2022

I love my Kohler walk-in bath. However, I can't figure out how to get the showerhead to come on. I looked at the paper thing. I'm not hitting something or doing something to get it to come in. But I'm very pleased. I don't wanna get out of it. I recommend the product 100%.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Mary, thank you for taking the time to review us. We are delighted to hear that you love your new KOHLER Walk-In Bath! Our team would be happy to answer any questions you have about your new bath. Please contact our Customer Service team by calling (800) 986-5977 or visiting https://www.kohlerwalkinbath.com/contact/service . We look forward to hearing from you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: May 6, 2022

My walk-in tub was delivered in March and left in my driveway with installation set for the next week. It was rescheduled and then cancelled due to installers' unavailability. We’ve had snow and wind and rain and hail repeatedly requiring me to go out and wrestle the loose cardboard package back around the tub. The hibernating animals are up and around now, exploring the outside and perhaps inside of the box. I have another date scheduled for this month but have no confidence that it will happen. The only good part of my experience was the initial visit from the designer who out to explain the benefits of choosing to join the Kohler family. I thought I really needed this tub but I’m not sure anymore.

Original review: May 6, 2022

Everything was good with the sales rep and I like my walk-in bath. However, I’m a bit fat, so it’s difficult for me to get into it. Another unfavored feature is where the shower is set off to the side, it hits the hardware. I'd rather that it comes out and hits my head in the middle. It also took six months for me to get the walk-in bath. I had paid the deposit and that was too long. Kohler gave me a lot of excuses, but I was out about $5,000 with nothing being done.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Susan, thank you for your review. We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience from start to finish. Our Kohler engineers are continuously improving the design of our walk-in bath to provide our customers with the best bathing experience, so we appreciate your feedback on the seat and hardware. We apologize for the delays you experienced, and we hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come.

Kohler Walk-In Bath Company Information