Kohler Walk-In Bath
4.89/5

Kohler, Co.

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Experience the Walk-In Bath designed by Kohler, the leader in bath technology for over 140 years. With specialty features including the lowest step-in on the market, heated surfaces, hydrotherapy jets and an extra-wide seat, the Walk-In Bath was designed to deliver a safe and comfortable bathing experience with every soak. Each bath is designed and assembled in the U.S. and comes with a Lifetime Limited Warranty for complete peace of mind. Contact us for a free quote today!

Kohler Walk-In Bath Video
Kohler Walk-In Bath Gallery (6)
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Kohler's walk-in tubs are designed to keep you safe and comfortable with patented technology, like BubbleMassage® air jets and Bask® heated surfaces. Although Kohler designs may be expensive, their customization is excellent.

PROS

• LuxStone Wall design options
  • One-day installation
  • Custom fits available
  • Lowest walk-in on the market

CONS

• Pricey upgrades

Top Kohler Walk-In Bath Reviews

07/29/2019

The rep [at Kohler] was great and I liked everything about his presentation and service. The installation team only took a day and a half and the experience was great. The tub is very relaxing. I’ve got neuropathy and it helps my feet.

07/21/2019

I love Kohler's product. I wish we had it five years ago... It was just almost unbelievable when he gave us a quote for how much it was gonna cost - it's like buying a house or a car. But... with our age and the things that are wrong with us, we find the tub as something that we needed.

Kohler walk-in bath features

If you are looking to get the spa experience in the comfort of your home, no matter your accessibility needs, Kohler can help. Kohler’s walk-in tubs offer comfort, safety and convenience for those who are looking for a bathing experience, not just a bath.

Kohler’s comfort technology includes BubbleMassage® air jets, which help relax your muscles, and Bask® heated surfaces to help you relax, both in and around the bathtub. Kohler provides a hand shower in their walk-in tubs with a variety of settings strong enough to get you clean, but gentle on sensitive skin.

While the Kohler bathtub is deep enough to be luxurious, Kohler’s fast-drain technology keeps things moving. Additionally, all Kohler walk-in bathtubs include Kohler’s 3” step-in ultra-low-threshold entries, non-slip surfaces to prevent trips and falls and handrails to keep you steady.

Kohler walk-in tub installation

After inspecting your space, a Kohler walk-in bath installer will provide a quote that includes tub and installation. From there, you can set up a time for technicians to install your Kohler walk-in bath.

During their visit, they will remove your previous tub, renovate the space if necessary, install your new tub and show you how it works. Keep in mind, Kohler can install a walk-in tub in your current bathtub's footprint in as little as a single day.

Kohler walk-in bath prices

Kohler walk-in bath cost can range from $12,000 to $17,000. Kohler gives you a free quote down to the cent for any cost associated for your walk-in tub, including installation and any additional features you select. This price does not change throughout the process, as Kohler prides itself for its "Price Promise."

To help you afford a walk-in tub, Kohler offers both financing and discounts, depending on your credit history and eligibility. Those who buy can be confident in their purchase since Kohler offers a limited lifetime warranty on all major systems of the tub.

Kohler walk-in bath FAQs

How difficult is it to clean a Kohler walk-in bathtub?
While there is no difference between cleaning a Kohler bathtub and a traditional tub, Kohler recommends using specific products. For instance, they advise using a non-abrasive all-purpose cleaner, glass cleaner and a soft sponge or squeegee. For cleaning the tub, they suggest removing any products, spraying with an all-purpose cleaner and rinsing, and then using the glass cleaner and cloth on the showerhead and faucet.
What type of warranty does Kohler offer for walk-in tubs?
Kohler offers a limited lifetime warranty on the major systems of your tub, including the door, hand-shower and draining system. The warranty covers manufacturing defects.
Will a Kohler walk-in tub fit in my bathroom?
If you have a traditional bathtub, a Kohler walk-in bath fits in your home, with no further cost. While it is more expensive, Kohler can design a custom tub to fit your space.

79 Kohler Walk-In Bath Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

We saw walk-in bath ads on TV and decided we wanted one. I searched for the companies that made them and found American Standard and Kohler. We know Kohler very well. We have their faucets and we're very happy with the quality of the products. So, we picked Kohler. Our interaction like with the sales representative was excellent. We made an appointment for them to come, give us a demonstration, and talk about it. They were very professional and had extensive knowledge of their product and other products, so they could easily tell us the differences. Plus, they didn't push the product.

I also checked some of the differences and they were accurate with what the fellow was saying. The information I really wanted to check was if other products had more water jets. He explained that more was not necessarily better. Also, on the water draining, Kohler does not have an enhanced drain system with a pump that makes the tub empty faster. He explained why that was not necessarily a good thing, which I also checked out.

Other than that, I like that you can walk into the Kohler tub. My wife was not able to get into our old tub, which was a very high and cast-iron tub. So the Kohler mainly was for my wife so that she could take a bath and not just a shower. Plus, I have always wanted a Jacuzzi type of a tub, which is my favorite part. Now, I take baths more often because I like the relaxation it gives me. I'm extremely happy with the experience.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Robert, thank you for being a loyal Kohler customer! We are glad that your local Kohler Partner was able to explain that more jets can often weaken the overall power of the jet system, so it is important to consider the quality, rather than quantity, of jets in a tub.

We are thrilled to hear that your wife is enjoying a safer bathing experience and that you are loving the spa-like hydrotherapy jets. We hope it brings you peace of mind and relaxation for many soaks to come. Have a great day!

Get expert buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 23, 2019

We were initially given a choice between a Kohler and a Jacuzzi, and the salesman said that the Kohlers are a little bit wider to sit down in. He also said the only difference was that we weren't supposed to use too much Epsom salts or any kind of bath salts in them. But we talked to someone else with Kohler and they said that if we wanna up Epsom salt in there, it's not gonna hurt as long as we don’t make it soupy.

We decided to order the Kohler bathtub and it was very easy. When we called, they contacted us back and made arrangements to come out within a week. And at that time, we decided that we really wanted to do that. So, the man explained things to us and we were pleased with his presentation. He told us everything about it and the guys who came out to install it were also very professional.

Now that we’ve got the tub and used it a few times, it’s really good and I like everything about it. It's an awesome system. We can turn on the water pump or the air bubbles and it keeps the water hot. It doesn't cool down when you're using it and that’s a big plus. If you soak in the tub very long, it’ll get cold. But if you run it, it stays warm. It’s also easier to get in and out of our Kohler than a tub or a hot shower. Plus, I can soak in it. I’m on my feet a lot and my back, knees and hips bother me all the time, but I can just sit in the Kohler tub and actually relax. Then the pain goes away. And when I get out, I can just jump in bed and go right to sleep. But I wish that they got a little shower compartment on one end a little bit and that the shower hose was a little bit longer.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Shane, we are so glad to hear that the Walk-In Bath is helping with pain relief and relaxation. We are also pleased to hear of the professionalism demonstrated by your local Kohler Partners during the sales and installation process. We hope that you continue to enjoy your new bath experience! Take care.

Original review: June 5, 2019

My husband and I are both handicapped and we can’t stand for very long. I was looking on the internet, and I came across a bunch of walk-in tubs. Kohler is a name brand and I’ve seen their products. I even had some of their products. When we used to live in Cincinnati, I got a couple of estimates and saw presentations from companies. But I knew I didn’t want them so I got a Kohler walk-in bath. I thought if they make good products, maybe they’ll make a good bathtub.

Their rep came out, looked at me and husband, and judged what kind of bathtub would be best for us. We are too big to get into a smaller one. He had a lot of presentation and was prepared. I trusted him because of that. He answered all of our questions efficiently without having to look all over. He knew what was best for us based on the things he knew about us. We just felt really good about picking him.

The installation crew was very nice. They told us it would take one to two days. Ours had to be custom put in because we didn't want them to put it in a bathroom. We wanted it to be in our master bedroom. We knew by getting it customized, we had to pay extra money for it. When the installers came out, they started taking things down and they saw that there were more issues. But they didn't charge us more for it. It took at least five days before we got all the job done.

At that point, I told them not to paint into the closet because they had to go through our closet. We had to take everything out of it. It was kind of a mess dealing with all the drywall dust. There were other things, but it was a lot longer and worse than we thought it was gonna be for installation. Some of it had to do with some of their crew not showing up. He had his son come back and do a little bit of something else. They didn't wanna put our shelf back in. They didn't tape the closet where they sawed around to take that wall out. They could have taped the drywall on the part to kinda go quicker.

The installers were very professional. Their guy told us that they didn't know what they got into when they started. He kept us updated. The only thing I was kinda disappointed with was on the fourth or fifth day. We didn't have any conversation with him. He said somebody would be back for another day but nobody showed up. Finally, the day after that, somebody showed up and we were kinda in limbo. Overall, it’s not Kohler's fault that we had all of this. I just didn't get all of the details like why they didn't show up. A phone call would have been perfect. But I’m so happy with the overall effect.

The final product is really good. It doesn't look like something that was just haphazardly put in and you know it was bad construction. It kinda fits. There are some places where it looks better than others. It’s a white tub and there’s rubber caulk inside the tub that I can’t get off. It’s like caulk that’s been rubbed off but wasn’t cleaned off, so you feel that kind of feel. There are two or three places of that in there. But I think eventually, it’ll come off. I can’t use a razor blade because I’m afraid of scratches. That also doesn't take away from my bathing experience at all. It’s just when I clean it, I wanna scrub to try to get it off but I can’t.

I love our tub and it’s good enough for me and my husband. It looks good. You kinda look forward to the massaging effect of the bubbles and the tub keeping you warm. My only thing is the people didn't turn our water heater up high enough to fill up a bath that’s warm. Two minutes before the tub fills up and you can run the jets, it starts going cold. Maybe they did it just enough to their comfort level but it was not to ours. We like it to be warmer. We completely heat it up or put our water in just with the hot water alone. Aso, the guys didn't even wanna put the booster on there. I don't know what the booster really is, other than it has to do with the heating of the water. He didn't explain it. When I was asked if I needed the booster, I said yes if it's supposed to be there.

Overall, I was really impressed with the product itself and with the salesperson who came out. The construction people were very professional to a certain point. They sounded confident and I trusted their opinion. Other than the last two days of the job, it was perfect for us. They cleaned up their stuff although there's no real way to contain drywall dust.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Jane, thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you found your in-home sales experience to be helpful and informative for you and your husband.

For unique installation projects such as yours, the process can take longer than expected. We apologize for the disruption to your at-home routine, and for the lack of communication from the installation team. We take these matters very seriously.

We are happy to see that you and your husband are enjoying your new bathing experience. If your water heater or the bath itself still requires follow-up service, we encourage you to contact the installer to address the issue. We hope you continue to enjoy your new safe and comfortable bathing experience. Take care.

Original review: June 2, 2019

We were very impressed with the service of Kohler's rep. He came and measured everything and told us what everything would cost. He was very attentive to what we were asking and was very informative of the questions we had. If he wasn’t sure what the question was, he called someone to see if he could get the question. We were so impressed with the way they did their job.

Everybody on their installation team was very cooperative. They did what they needed to do. However, they had a bit of difficulty getting the tub upstairs. There wasn't enough clearance using the original set of stairs so they had to come through our other door. Still, they didn't have to take any doorjambs off which was something we weren't too keen about since we have an old house. They got the tub up there.

They had to wire the tub for the jets and the heater and then they had to do the plumbing. My other half went into the shower with them, showed them where all the plumbing was, and they wired it. The first gentleman showed up at 8:00 and he started right in on taking out the tub. They left everything neat and very clean. Initially, when they said one-day installation, we were very skeptical. But then when they had a team of three who knew what they were doing and they did an awesome job. They were very pleasant.

After they put in the tub, we made a phone call to the representative whom we saw the first time to have him come over and give us an estimate on a shower. We recommend Kohler and would suggest their installer NEWPRO to anybody. Since the installation, we've found that the walk-in tub has been awesome. Before we had a tub that was really tiny. We've been at our old farmhouse for 15 years and I only took a bath in the old tub once. With our Kohler, I filled the tub up and just sat there with the jets and relaxed. I was in seventh heaven. It was expensive, probably a little bit more than what we were willing to pay, but we also know that we’re getting on in age and getting in and out of a tub wouldn’t be very easy. What we got from Kohler is gonna make our life so much easier.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Nancy, we are so glad that you are pleased with the workmanship and service of our local Kohler Partner sales and installation team. Thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled that you and your husband are enjoying the relaxing benefits of the Walk-In Bath. We hope you continue to enjoy your new bathing experience in your home for years to come. Take care!

Original review: June 1, 2019

I'm familiar with Kohler from the Home Depot and all the other products that they have, so I picked them. They did what they were asked and they made the walls a little bit higher to go up to the ceiling. So I found that helpful. I also had no problem with their sales reps. The only concern I had was with the financing. The paperwork and the guy that I was talking to were very confusing. He had to make the money that I put down into three different portions so that everything was getting a bit of something. Then I had to do an email to GreenSky because they put my physical address on the billing part and not my PO box where all my important billing goes to.

Hopefully, GreenSky is getting that I want my address changed to my PO box number. Aside from that, my account still shows a different amount than I was told I owed. I owed 17 and they had on there a bigger amount. The amount was supposed to change after the sixth month because they gave me an extra amount to do any kind of other work that I needed to be done. And I was waiting for that six-month period to be over before I did any checking up on them. It's also kind of confusing on who I'm supposed to call about these issues.

Other than that, the installation team that came out was good and they had everything done. But they came back the next day to finish up and do some things. I've also had the guys back a number of times for a few little things like my shower hose that was broken. It was a default to begin with and they had to put extra putty down so it wouldn't crack up and pop through. But they've come and taken care of everything quickly and they have been very accommodating. Right now, things are working perfectly. I feel comfortable in my tub and it feels really good. I'm able to reach things better, or I can sit when one of my knees or my bones are bad and I'm tired. So, it made a difference. All in all, my expectations were met and everything was done in a professional level. I also recommend the Kohler walk-in bathtub to everybody that I've talked to.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Teresa, thank you for sharing your feedback. We are so glad that you had a positive quote appointment and installation experience.

We apologize for any confusion you experienced during the financing process. We try to make it as easy as possible for our customers to purchase a Walk-In Bath as soon as they need it. If you are still having difficulties or concerns, please contact the local Kohler Partner that installed your Walk-In Bath.

We are so thrilled that you are enjoying the safety and comfort benefits of your new bathing experience, and thank you for spreading the word! Take care!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler Walk-In Bath?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Kohler was a bit better-priced than others and since I also had one in California, I know their product is a good one so I went with them. The rep was good and the installation went fine. They showed up on time and the place was clean. I love the jacuzzi and the relaxation. I love my tub, it’s a good experience.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Yvonne, thank you for being a loyal Kohler customer! We are so glad that you are enjoying your walk-in bath and its comfort features. We hope you continue to love your relaxing new bathing experience with the KOHLER Walk-In Bath. Have a great day!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I called the number on the phone, then a guy from Kohler came out and I liked the way he did his presentation. He was very friendly and knowledgeable. The installers who came were friendly too, but they didn’t interact with me very much. They stayed on the job all day and kept working. Now, the walk-in tub helps me a lot with my anxiety and it calms me down. I also have a bad back and when it bothers me, I get in and the tub helps with the soreness on my spine. I love it and I've recommended to people who were talking about getting a tub to get Kohler instead.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Ann, thank you for your kind words and for recommending the walk-in bath to your friends! We are so happy to hear that the Walk-In Bath is helping with your anxiety and soreness. We hope it continues to give you relief with every soak. Take care!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I’ve known about Kohler all my life and we had it in our home before. When we moved here and decided to build, we decided we wanted it. The rep was all right, but the first salesman on the phone that I called was a little bit pushy. They were professional all the way though. The installation went perfectly. They knew what they were doing and they went about doing it. I had a Jacuzzi before, and Kohler works better.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Mary, we are so glad that you are enjoying your new walk-in bath and had an excellent installation experience. Thank you for being a loyal Kohler customer! Have a great day.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

The installers did the installation of my Kohler walk-in bath in one day. They went through a demonstration of how to use the shower but I can’t get the water to come out of the shower. I can’t get it to stay on. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Agnes, we are so glad that your Kohler-certified installers were able to complete your walk-in bath installation in a timely manner. If you are still experiencing difficulties with your handshower, please contact your local Kohler Partner for assistance. Thank you for your review!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

We've been wanting a walk-in tub for a long time and we've kept putting it off and putting it off. Finally, my husband did have some issues with his health and I said, "We have to move on this now." We have a lot of Kohler products in our house. I made the decision not to shop around a lot and I decided that Kohler was the one we wanted because it's usually good quality. The salesperson, Brian, came over. He was a very nice and friendly fellow and everything went well. We have a ceramic tile in the bathroom which we never tore out because we love it. The fellow that installed the tub, Peter, was very good at taking the tile from the covered up part and putting it where the shower came out of the wall. He was very thoughtful and did a very good job.

But our first experience wasn't that great because we only had lukewarm water. The plumber that they had here installed something and I had it corrected. I had to call a plumber because of a different reason. He took care of the reason I initially had him there for. Then there was this thing he found out that was installed on top of the water heater to regulate the water, and it was never turned on. After that, we had the water temperature we wanted and we're very happy with it. It takes a long time to take a bath though. You wait for the tub to fill up and it's not like stepping into the tub and taking a shower. You have to allow a good half hour. We probably won't get in there as often if it takes that long. But I am very happy we have the tub, and my husband is, too. I'd recommend it. It's a quality product from Kohler.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Virginia, thank you for being a loyal Kohler customer! We are glad you had a positive sales and installation experience with Brian and Peter.

We are glad you were able to resolve the problem with your water heater. We apologize that it was not done correctly the first time. Fill and drain times for the walk-in bath can vary depending on your home's plumbing, but we are proud to offer a product that has one of the fastest fill and drain times in the industry.

We hope you and your husband continue to enjoy your new walk-in bath experience. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Have a great day!

Kohler walk-in bath’s unique design

While Kohler walk-in tub dimensions are standard and designed to fit seamlessly in your home, they can be customized to fit any space.

Though many other walk-in tub companies offer customized sizing and features, Kohler offers unique and company exclusive design options. Customers can choose between various faucet styles and wall coverings.

Kohler’s unique line of LuxStone Wall products is simple to install and add a fresh look to your bathroom.

We’ve featured a few options below:

WHITE
  • Price: $1,226.30
  • Description: Plain and simple doesn’t have to mean boring. A classic white wall allows you the most freedom with your decorating.
CROSSCUT DUNE
  • Price: $2,084.65
  • Description: Crosscut Dune allows you to get the feel of marble without the price.
VEINCUT SANDBAR
  • Price: $2,084.65
  • This option gives you the feel of wood without the maintenance.
VEINCUT DUNE
  • Price: $2,084.65
  • Description: This design is based on the grain of real stone and is described as “organic” by Kohler.
VEINCUT DUNE & WHITE
  • Price: $1,681.85
  • Description: A simple but stately combination can give your space a modern feel.
VEINCUT SANDBAR & BISCUIT
  • Price: $1,681.85
  • Description: These two tones bring warmth and an organic feel.

Do we recommend Kohler walk-in baths?

If you are looking for a company to walk with you through the process of selecting, installing and using a walk-in tub, Kohler can make it happen. Quotes include installation costs, so you'll know the price of your new tub and not be faced with surprise fees. Should something go wrong, Kohler's warranty program and customer service department offer peace of mind. With the best design choices on the market, Kohler's LuxStone Walls and customizations options help you find a walk-in tub that matches your unique decor.

Kohler, Co. Company Information