4.8/5 (206 ratings)

About Kohler Walk-In Bath

Kohler manufactures and sells walk-in baths and other bathroom products. The company uses its own patented technology on its air-massage jets and heated surfaces. Kohler also offers a variety of wall designs to customize your tub to your bathroom decor. If you’re interested, reach out for a free in-home consultation and quote.

Pros

• Various wall design options
    • One-day installations
    • Custom fits available
    • 3-inch step-in height

Cons

• Pricey upgrades
    • Pricing not available online

Bottom Line

Kohler's walk-in tubs feature patented technology to keep you safe and comfortable, like BubbleMassage air jets and Bask heated surfaces. It can be expensive, but it offers many customizations.

Top Kohler Walk-In Bath Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler Walk-In Bath?

Verified

The purchase process at Kohler was thoroughly enjoyable. I didn't think that the installers could do as good as they did. ... They answered all my questions. The walk-in tub adds ...

Verified

I love Kohler products. They last and they're 110% top quality. The reps of Kohler were wonderful. ... I love all the features of my walk-in tub. I have trouble with my back and I...

Information from Kohler on the coronavirus (COVID-19)

If you are uncomfortable with scheduling an in-home quote appointment, you can set up a virtual quote appointment in many markets. During in-home visits, Kohler employees follow special safety guidelines, including using hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes throughout the process.

Kohler walk-in bath features

If you have difficulty bathing or are looking to get the spa experience in the comfort of your home, Kohler can help. Its walk-in tubs offer increased comfort, safety and convenience versus traditional tubs.

Kohler’s comfort technologies include BubbleMassage air jets to help soothe your muscles and Bask heated surfaces to help you relax in and around the tub. Kohler also provides a hand-held showerhead with settings that are strong enough to get you clean but gentle on sensitive skin.

While Kohler bathtubs are deep enough for immersion, Kohler’s fast-drain technology keeps things moving. Additionally, all Kohler walk-in bathtubs include the company’s 3-inch threshold entries, non-slip surfaces to prevent trips and falls, and handrails to keep you steady.

Kohler walk-in tub installation

Kohler offers professional installation for its walk-in tubs, but you’ll need to have an installer check your home first. After inspecting your space, a Kohler walk-in bath installer will provide a quote that includes the cost of the tub and installation. From there, you can set up a time for technicians to install your new walk-in bath.

During their visit, these technicians will remove your previous tub, renovate the space if necessary, install your new tub and show you how it works. Kohler can install a walk-in tub in your current bathtub's footprint in as little as one day.

Kohler walk-in bath cost

Kohler’s walk-in bath prices depend on the model you choose and the amount of construction required for the installation. After you receive your in-home consultation, Kohler gives you a free quote for any costs associated with your walk-in tub, including installation and any additional features you select. This price does not change throughout the process, as Kohler prides itself on its "Price Promise."

To help you afford a walk-in tub, Kohler offers both discounts and financing, depending on your credit history and eligibility. The company also offers a limited lifetime warranty on all the major systems of the tub.

Kohler walk-in bath designs

While many other walk-in tub companies offer customized sizing and features, Kohler also offers exclusive design options, like faucet styles and wall coverings.

Kohler walk-in bath FAQ

How difficult is it to clean a Kohler walk-in bathtub?

No, it shouldn’t be any harder to clean a Kohler tub than a model from any other brand. Kohler recommends using a nonabrasive all-purpose cleaner on the tub and a glass cleaner and a soft sponge or squeegee on the showerhead and faucet. Just make sure you remove products from the tub before you start and rinse off the tub when you’re done.

What type of warranty does Kohler offer for walk-in tubs?

Kohler offers a limited lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects on the major systems of your tub, including the door, showerhead and hydrotherapy systems.

Will a Kohler walk-in tub fit in my bathroom?

If you have a traditional bathtub, a Kohler walk-in bath should fit in your home. The Kohler walk-in bath is designed to fit in the footprint of an existing tub. Custom sizes are available, ranging from 52 to 60 inches long and 28 to 32 inches wide. If you want to be sure, a certified safety specialist can visit your home for a no-cost consultation to determine if a walk-in tub will fit in your bathroom.

How many jets come with a Kohler walk-in bath?

A Kohler walk-in bath comes with up to 10 jets.

Do we recommend Kohler walk-in baths?

If you are looking for a company to guide you through selecting, installing and using a walk-in tub, Kohler can help. With a range of colors, fixtures and design choices available, Kohler's wall designs and customization options can help you find a walk-in tub that matches your unique decor. Quotes include installation costs, so you can know the price of your new tub before you commit and avoid any hidden fees. Should something go wrong, Kohler's warranty program and customer service department are there to make it right.

Kohler Walk-In Bath Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler Walk-In Bath?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

Kohler's sales rep was good and he explained everything. The guys that installed it said it's only the second one that they have. It's a new design for a shower. Sometimes, you wanna wash your hair before you take your bath. This walk-in bath has the handheld thing but they installed the shower head in the glass door. The problem developed when I used it. The glass door does not seal all the way across and had a little waterfall come down onto the floor. They adjusted it when they installed it and it actually scratched up the top of the door a little bit. I'd like to get this along to the engineers. The top of the door sits maybe 3/8 of an inch above the sidewall so it's taller. That's where we pull the glass door across. It has a little rubber piece that's designed to seal that. But the difference is too great.

Lowering is not gonna help because it's gonna damage the tub door. The tub door cannot be adjusted. I initially said, "Just come take the dang thing out. I don't want the tub scratched up, and I don't like the waterfall thing. I'll put a curtain up and that'll be simpler." The installers came back once and they adjusted it to make it a little higher to make the part that's over the door less heavy on the door itself. But that still didn't get rid of the gap underneath the seal. I studied it and I figured out to close the window and have the seal backwards. I push it out so that it would sit there. That extended it down.

The only trouble now is there is a little seam between a shelf that extends from the tub to the wall to the tub. It's sealed but it's a little lower. Water goes where it's lowest. It is just a drip now instead of a waterfall. I solved that by rolling up a washcloth and laying it inside right there and it catches. If you're just washing your hair, it's not a lot of water. I'm gonna be having back surgery and that's why we invested in this walk-in bath. I love the whole system. I've had it in use for a couple of months now. It provides comfort and relaxes the tension. I have a lot of pain in my back so if I get a half hour relief, that's wonderful.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Patrick, thank you so much for taking the time to share your opinions, they mean so much to us. We are so happy to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience. However, we are sorry to learn about the issues with the door. Customer satisfaction is our priority. If there’s anything we can do to make your experience better, please reach out to our customer service team at (800) 986-5977 or by visiting https://www.kohlerwalkinbath.com/contact/service. Thank you!

Get buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

I've tried a lot of the other cheaper brands but they poop out fast. Kohler doesn't seem to do that. I had them come out and give me an estimate for a step-in tub. The rep was no hard sell at all. He came out fast and was on time. He was very personable, nice and clean. He looked at my area and measured it out. He gave me the outline of how much it would cost and what the process would be for me to think about. Then he gave me an offer to come to their showroom, physically look at the items, and look at the different options. I did that about a week later and signed the contract.

The installation was estimated for three days. They installer would come between 8:00 and 9:00. He came at 8:45. Everything he needed was on the truck. He brought everything in and worked all day the first day. He did the destruction of the existing bath and tile and left at 5:45. He was polite and personable but not Mr. Chatty, which I appreciated. He came exactly on time the next day. Had already pre-setup the city inspector to come look at the plumbing and electrical. That guy didn't come on time, but he eventually showed up and got it all cleared. Everything was 100% good. The installer put the surround and the tub in, did all the final work, and showed me how to use it. He showed me when the final inspection was done, tagged the things that the guy would need to look at so I would know what to do, then left again at about 5:45.

I like that the tub has a shower, the faucets for a tub and a handheld. It has a little seat in it so that if I just want to go in and take a quick shower, I can do that. But if I want to go have a bath, then that's good too. I brought the whole unit because I have a funky shoulder. Every now and then, it gets to hurting and I wanted those jets for that shoulder.

I would 100% recommend Kohler. It's good quality. The hardware is metal rather than plastic. When you go buy hardware, it's usually not metal. There are 2 things that I don't care for though. The area between the tub and the wall is flat. When you use the shower, water stands there. You have to make a concerted effort to move that water into the tub. There aren't any grooves to make sure that that water can drain into the tub. You don't want a lot of standing water there because it's not a good thing. I also wish that there was a designated shower curtain. I'm gonna have to dummy up a shower curtain and cut a regular one down ‘cause the regular one doesn't fit. Sometimes, water gets out on the floor. I want to have a shower curtain that covers the entire open area of the shower.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Louanne, we're thrilled to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience with our team, as we strive to provide excellent customer service! Thank you for taking the time to leave us this amazing review and for choosing KOHLER!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

My husband and I were talking about getting a walk-in tub so we called Kohler's number and got one. The sales guy was a nice young fella. He came to the house and told us all about the tub and the fact that it was American-made. They had their own crew that did just this type of work. He also told us how much the product would cost.

On the day of the installation, the crew had to take out the old shower bath stall. There was a one-piece fiberglass thing and they had to cut all that stuff out. They were as nice as they could be. We had to go somewhere and my neighbor stayed around the house in case they needed something. An installer made a video himself right there in our bathroom of how to work everything and explained everything to us. He then sent that to me and told me if I had any more questions or if I had any problems, to be sure and call. He gave me his personal cellphone number.

He had some paperwork that I needed to sign so he left them. After I looked everything over in the bathroom and it looked okay, I signed the paperwork. I took pictures of it on my phone and I sent it back to him. We had an issue with the walk-in tub blowing the fuses in the receptacles and we didn't know how to fix that. I called the installer and he was really nice. He said if we had any more issues with it after we got it fixed, we were to let him know.

My husband can't walk without a specialized boot on his foot and he has no control over his foot. We thought that this bath would be really good for his leg because of moving the water around his leg. That was why we got it. My husband likes the jets and the whirlpool. It's very comfortable for him and it's not too harsh on his legs. I would recommend Kohler. They were behind schedule trying to get everybody's stuff installed and they gave us a $500 credit because they were swamped. It took a few weeks longer than what they expected to get ours put in. They even gave us a $500 discount.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Deborah, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience. We are thrilled that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has provided you with the comfort and safety you deserve. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day.

Original review: April 16, 2022

The rep, Blair, was absolutely wonderful. I have a very old home from the 1950s, so my big concern is always the plumbing and the electric. I didn't want any new surprises that show up sometimes. He looked and said, "I don't see anything. Obviously, plumbing, electric could be a problem. You may need this. And if you do, it would be an extra fee. But that's the electrician. That's not my call. The electrician will come out and take a look before we have to do any of this." He went through everything, including the financing. He answered all my questions and was very pleasant and not pushy about it at all, which I appreciated. He also showed me the video and we laughed 'cause the guy in the video couldn't tell his left from his right.

I liked the financing. The company Kohler used, I used in the past to do my windows with Andersen, and I got zero percent for a set amount of time. I didn't have to pay any of it till the day before it was due and I can pay the whole thing then if I wanted. I liked that because it enabled me to put the tub in now and enjoy it, not wait till I saved the $19,000 to put it in. When the techs arrived, I asked and they explained everything. The guy said it could take anywhere from one to three days and that they had to rip out the old tub and see what they had to work with. They do one day then come back the next and caulk everything. He said, "The caulking needs to set. You can't use it. We come back the second day and double-check everything." The techs were great. They showed me everything, then I had to wait to use the tub.

I warned the poor electrician when he came, "This is the house from hell. This is electrical wiring from the 1950s." He was like, "Oh, my God." I showed him where we had done plumbing and went around things because I'm on a slab. I have no attic and one has to be really savvy to get this house wired and plumbed. He took the time and listened to me. I said, "The last guy that went in with the plumbing went in through here, across here, and right in the wall over here." He said, "Okay, that may work, let me look over here." He thought about it before he started drilling holes.

Using it is one of those things I do at least once, if not twice, a week because once I get in, I don't want to get out. I love the heated back. I wish it was warmer, but I love the bubblers and the jets, the two different things so I can get a combination and figure out what part of my aching body needs it the most. I have recommended Kohler to lots of people. In fact, my sister-in-law didn't do the walk-in tub, but she did a walk-in shower. She had an old claw tub and needed that.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Sheila, thank you for your review. It is wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has provided you with the comfort and safety you deserve. The Bask heated bask rest, and the hydrotherapy jets are some of our favorite features too! Thank you for sharing your experience with us and recommending us to others; it is really appreciated. We hope you continue enjoying your walk-in bath for years to come.

Original review: March 6, 2022

I liked the salesman who came out. He was very nice and answered any questions we had. He had the brochures and showed us what it would look like. The installation day was perfect. The guys were super from the moment they walked in the door. They put my mind at ease and did a good job of putting the tub in. It looked nice when it was done. I love the tub so much. I broke my leg two times. A lot of it is metal and it gets stiff all the time. I go in that tub, turn those bubbles on, and it feels so good. However, I got stuck in the tub the second week we had it. When I was done, I went to pull up the handle to get the drain open, and it wouldn't open. I was sitting down there and holding the drain up so the water would go out. I should have sat on the seat before it was all gone. My legs were stuck. We put water back in the tub up to where the seat was so I could get up.

I usually take a bath every other day and it worked. About the third time after that, it wouldn’t open again. I played a little bit with the handle, and it was loose to open and shut. I went down and held the drain open again. The next day, I called Kohler. They sent somebody out the same day. It was Carrie, a really nice guy. He came in and said that some of the stuff needs to be tightened. He was here an hour or two and tightened everything. Then I took a bath that night, it worked fine. I took a bath two days later, and it worked fine too. My husband soaked in the tub one of those days, and it worked fine as well. A week later, the drain wouldn't open again. My husband was getting angry. He told me for $21,000, it should work better than that.

I called Kohler and told them it happened again. Carrie called me 10 minutes later after I got off the phone with this gal. He told me he was gonna look into it and and would get back to me. He got back to me about a half hour later. Some people never call you back but Kohler is wonderful with their customer service. I didn't have to argue with anybody. Carrie told me they were going to replace the tub. We had the original tub put in January 10th and 11th of this year. The seats started having hairline cracks. There were four of them, and they were spidering out. Carrie and Rick came this morning, and they brought a new tub. Now, they’re installing it.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Melody, thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are sorry to hear about the inconveniences you experienced, and we are glad that our team was able to address the issues. Customer satisfaction is our priority. Do not hesitate to contact our customer service team if you have any other concerns about your walk-in bath. To contact our Customer Service team, please call (800) 986-5977 or visit https://www.kohlerwalkinbath.com/contact/service.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2023

The Kohler salesman was good. During the installation, they had to delay a day, but when they got there, they got it done. It was very professional. It has a simple system. It's very functional. I like it the way it is. I use the whirlpool more than anything. It was a great experience all the way around.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Edward, thank you for your review. We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise. The soothing jets are one of our favorite features too.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2023

The installation was very good. My wall paint got nicked up a bit but that's no problem. The only thing I was a little disappointed in was the showerhead. It's not the shiny chrome like I thought. It was more like a matte finish. Other than that, the tub is large enough. We have the bathroom chair to sit on and we have the grab bar. I like that the storage cabinets are embedded and it has plenty of shelves. The tub is also a low rise to step into.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Grace, thank you so much for taking the time to share your opinions, they mean so much to us. We are so happy to hear that you had a positive installation experience. However, we are sorry to learn about your disappointment in the finish of your shower-head. Customer satisfaction is our priority. If there’s anything we can do to make your experience better, please reach out to our customer service team at (800) 986-5977 or by visiting https://www.kohlerwalkinbath.com/contact/service. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2023

I like everything about the Kohler tub. However, I don't like the drainage. You have to sit there and hold the lever up for the water to run out. It also takes long time to have to sit there to fill up the tub. I also don't like the way it runs out. It's very slow. But everything else is okay and the crew did a tremendous job. They were very neat. We were really satisfied.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Ira, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you are enjoying your Walk-In Bath! For the most comfortable bathing experience, the walk-in bath's drain was designed with Fast-Drain Technology to ensure speedy and consistent filling and draining. While you wait for the bath to fill and drain, we recommend you use the Bask® heated backrest to stay warm and comfortable. Thank you again for your feedback!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2023

The tub got put in a lot faster than we were told and everybody did great during the installation. The young men that put it in and did the tile around it did wonderful. The plumber and the electrician also did great jobs. They were very competent and polite. But there's a chip on the door and they're supposed to be replacing it and we haven't heard back on it. Also, it was awful expensive. It was a lot more expensive than we expected but we needed it.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Jolie, thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear you had an overall positive experience with us, and we apologize for the inconveniences you are experiencing with the chip in the door. Please reach out to our customer service team at (800) 986-5977 or by visiting https://www.kohlerwalkinbath.com/contact/service so they can assist you. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2023

The rep from Kohler was great. I liked him. He got some samples. The installers were also very good. They seemed to know exactly what they were doing, they were very methodical and professional, and kept me informed about what they were doing. They were done within two days. As far as the product, I like that it's not a tub and it's easier to get in and out of. I had the rail with the handheld on it, and I really like that feature, not only for showering but for cleaning the shower as well. Also, I do feel like I can shower quicker. It seems like it's a lot less effort than the old shower. I'm more inclined to use it more often.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Marcy, thank you for taking the time to review us! We are thrilled to hear that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Shower Package has delivered on its safety and comfort promise.

Kohler Walk-In Bath Company Information