toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Mr. Tyson ** has been extremely diligent, attentive to our needs at every step of our loan process. He has made the entire process free of any obstacles and has been very thoughtful and thorough when important documentation was required. I highly recommend Mr. **.

Simply put he's the best! Second purchase with Nate **. First time real estate agent used, this time for sale by owner selling ours, then fsbo purchase. Guided us, helped motivate various parties involved right up to closing, THE BEST!

Was a wonderful experience working with Steve **. Friendly, cordial, but a no-nonsense approach that made the mortgage processes a pleasure. Of all the people involved in this transaction; realtors, sellers, inspectors, VA etc. Steve was the only one we could regularly count on. He provided guidance and insight that set our minds at ease. We've been searching for a home since pre-bubble. My wife and I have met the snakes and all the shenanigans, we waited it out and tried once more with this home. If more people in the industry would model themselves after Steve, real estate and our economy would be in much better shape than it is today.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

They have good rates and that convinced me to get a loan with HomeDirect Mortgage. It was really easy and the reps were polite and pleasant. They are easy to work with. I'd recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Lor was our mortgage broker and everybody at Home Direct did a great job. They were very thorough, told us exactly what we needed to do and were very straightforward. Everything went very smoothly, better than we had expected. I had good communication throughout. I would definitely refer them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I inquired with a bunch of mortgage companies and one of the representative from HomeDirect Mortgage, Dave, called me and I liked what he had to say and I proceeded with him. He was direct, quick and responsive. He got back to me right away when I called him. Their people are fine-tuned and answered my questions to my satisfaction. It was fairly a painless process. They lowered my interest rate and they put extra money in my pocket. They have a very good service and they're good to do business with.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to consolidate debt so when I did the application online, HomeDirect was the first one to call and they were very prompt in their responses. Everything happened exactly as they said. It was a good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I refinanced with HomeDirect Mortgage. I applied for it online then they called, gave me the information as far as roughly what closing cost would be, the interest rate and all that. They got me all the paperwork, I filled it all out and submitted it to them. I then had an appraiser come out. Also, the representative was really helpful. Every time I had a question he always has an answer for me. I like that he's pretty easy to get a hold of whenever I email or call him and friendly. Overall they're awesome, helpful, and I received good quality of service from them. They got me financially better and I'd surely refer them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeDirect Mortgage?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

HomeDirect Mortgage is a direct lender and they’ve met all of our expectations. The loan process was very easy and it took Home Direct just a couple of days to get the loan approved. But my previous mortgage company have paid somebody else’s property taxes so it took me over a month to get that resolved before we can actually close. I sent the loan agent some documents and some income verification. I also sent him copies of our driver’s license and basically closed and then we had to e-sign some documents that he had me went through our title company that we chose, and closed with them.

We worked with our rep most of the time through email and he was very responsive. He was very courteous when I talked to him a couple of times on the phone and he helped me out with all the questions that I had. I was impressed with his knowledge and he’s given us options that would actually save us money on our payment as well. He definitely knows his product and has the consumer's best interest in mind.

So far, I’m happy with HomeDirect Mortgage. They seem to be on the ball. Their closing department seems to know everything that was needed. They got the loan pushed through very quickly without any issues. There were no mistakes on any of the paperwork as opposed to the other loan that we had before in the one that I just paid off.

We were very pleased with our mortgage experience working with Ryan **! He was very fast at getting back with us and answering all of our questions. We also got our pre-approval back the same day. Even our realtor was impressed. We definitely will recommend Home Direct Mortgage to our friends & family!

Received excellent service from David on our most recent purchase with David over the past 6 years. We highly recommend his services to anyone looking for an honest, reliable and hard-working lending agent with superb knowledge of the lending industry requirements. Call him and you will be happy you did.

My experience with HomeDirect mortgage was excellent! My mortgage banker Lori ** was great. Everything was explained to me upfront and made very easy to work with. Lori ** and her team were very punctual, nice, and knew what they were doing. If I had any questions they responded to my email within twenty-four hours, responded to phone calls usually the same day. They never made me wait an unreasonable amount of time. If they had any question they email or called right away to get the information they needed to keep the ball rolling. Rate was better than expected. Payments were as expected (they saved me $140 per month). Closed ahead of schedule. I would highly recommend Lori ** and Home Direct Mortgage.

My loan officer was Stephen ** and he was assisted by Terri. They made for a very positive first-time home-buying experience. They were consistently engaged with me to make sure I knew what to expect and when I needed to provide appropriate documentation. Everything seemed very seamless and I'm very happy with the service provided. HomeDirect also offered the best rates and they service most of their own loans which is comforting to buyers. The only critique I have is that some documentation requirements seem a bit skewed. If a transcript is needed as part of the process, either allow unofficial transcripts or require the official transcript be provided to the loan officer by the institution producing the record. Also, in the event where a degree was awarded, the transcript will reflect that. The actual diploma should not be required as it is no more official than an unofficial transcript.

Our loan officer, Stephen **, was completely disorganized and there were multiple issues with miscommunication. The issues that arose due to his incompetence resulted in a delay of settlement on our home. I'd be happy to provide the emails that went back and forth to demonstrate how frustrating the experience was for us. My realtor agreed, that our experience with HomeDirect has changed her mind, she no longer recommends this company.

Dave is the most awesome, caring and straightforward lender we have ever dealt with. He bent over backward to help us work on getting our credit items in order and kept us informed on our mortgage the entire way. Recommend him highly 100%.

My Loan Officer, Matt **, was very easy to talk to and helpful. He always returned calls and emails promptly whenever I had a question. He made the process very easy and was always looking out for my best interest. It seemed like I had my own personal banker. He made sure everything was coordinated behind the scenes with the underwriters to ensure my loan closed when I needed it, even though I kept changing the date on him. There was never any doubt that my loan would be ready. This was truly impeccable customer service I wish I could receive from all businesses I deal with. Great service. The website seems excellent for keeping track of all my account details. I'd highly recommend HomeDirect to everyone who needs a mortgage.

Every time I travel or rent a car I always get insurance from your company. I have gotten refunds and repair cost and I have never had a problem. Your service personnel are very helpful. I just booked a flight for next month and got the trip insured, it is well worth the cost of the policy.

We dealt with Erica ** in Loan Department. She was a great help and personal, courteous. Erica and her staff was the best to deal with. Even the closing clerk, who has been doing it for 35 years, said this was the easiest and the paperwork was done right first time. There is not enough we can say about how smoothly and timely the VA loan went through. Highly recommend her and this mortgage company.

HomeDirect Mortgage

Harold, I'm so sorry to hear your frustration. I'm at HomeDirect who originated and closed your loan. Sounds like you are having issues with servicing and making your payment. That is in a different department but we can possibly help out and coordinate with someone to get you some help. Feel free to email me directly at sstjohn@bokf.com and I can see what I can do if you are still having issues. Would like to get this resolved for you as soon as we can.

Harold, I have provided your contact information to our servicing supervisors. They should be reaching out soon to get this issued resolved as soon as possible.

Original review: April 26, 2017

For over a week I have been attempting, very unsuccessfully to contact you by phone and via your website and each time the results have been frustrating and very disappointing. So much so, that I am considering refinancing with someone else just so I can put you guys and your lack of connectivity, behind me. This makes absolutely no sense! I registered and paid my mortgage online and 5 days later I cannot determine if you processed it. My bank account shows the money is still in my possession. Do you NOT want to be paid?

I was satisfied with the service but would have rated the experience higher if not for two issues. We built a new house on a lot we already owned and initially applied for a VA loan. We were quoted the terms, including a VA funding fee of $4,375. After filling out innumerable VA forms and asking our builder to do the same, we were told that since we owned the lot, the transaction was considered a refinance and the VA funding fee would be $11,500. That was within a few weeks of closing. The good news is that HomeDirect gave us a conventional loan option based on the interest rate in effect when we originally locked in our VA rate so the increase in the payment amount was minor.

The second issue was confusion on the appraisal, which delayed closing by nearly three weeks. There was confusion between HomeDirect and the appraiser about the type of appraisal needed, i.e. "As Is" or "Complete". We received a Certificate of Occupancy and moved into the house but the appraiser said it wasn't complete because there were punch list items. It was only after I talked to the appraiser that I realized there was confusion and the issue was resolved. HomeDirect extended the interest rate lock-in period twice to accommodate the delay, so the delay didn't cost us anything except frustration. While its administrative procedures need to be improved, I applaud HomeDirect for standing by its original commitment.

Resolution In Progress

It would’ve been so much better for me if I was able to pay with credit card that rewards me point for money spent on the credit card. I hope HomeDirect reconsiders this policy and allows its customers to pay with credit card. I’m certain that you will have many prospective customers to do business with you.

This is the second time I have had the pleasure of doing business with this lender. Matt ** and his team are the best in the business. He was able to obtain the best rate in the market and did a stellar job explaining the details of the loan. Everything was 100% correct and ready to go at closing. Additionally, Matt performed exceptionally well with the VA loan process and ensured my full benefit was being used. Understand this is a very tumultuous process. He was always available and if he missed my call, returned it within an hour each time. Throughout this process, I knew I was in the best hands possible. If you are looking for a loan officer and company that really pays attention to detail, is competitive in the market and treats customers with the utmost respect, you have found them. Matt ** and the company he represents are first rate and are my lenders for life.

HomeDirect Mortgage

William, I'm sorry for your experience. Appears that is with our servicing department. In future if you have having issues please feel free to reach back out to your loan officer and we can help you coordinate here at HomeDirect to help you get your issue resolved. I apologize for the experience you had with servicing. We hope you still think of us at HomeDirect when you are in need of a mortgage in the future. Can you let us know if your issue has been resolved?

Original review: April 24, 2017

I recently called to state my complaint and relayed my disappointment with your bank. Your bank paid my homeowners policy in error and when I called the situation was further compounded when the customer service rep explained that I was wrong and then went on to give me a bunch of bad information. When your bank figured out the problem and left me a message that I was correct, they added I should get in touch with my insurance company to straighten it out.

I received a call on 3/14 stating payment was not received and I would be charged a late fee. I allowed your bank to take a payment direct from my checking account. I found out later that day that the payment was made on 3/7 and received by your bank on 3/11 mailing the phone call and withdrawal unnecessary. I received an e-mail on Friday 4/7/2017 indicating my automatic payment would be withdrawn from my account with 24 hours. The e-mail came after your bank was closed and I spent the weekend wondering if I was being scammed. The e-mail had someone else's account information and their names. I also thought that my account information was being sent out to someone else.

Obtained a VA house purchase loan. The service from HomeDirect was superb! Everything was done very professional and the process was clear. All my questions were answered fully. I would recommend HomeDirect to my peers - veterans. I appreciate the fact HomeDirect takes care of us veterans. I am very happy with everything and can't wait to close on new home.

VA Home loan refinance - Chad ** and Terri ** were awesome! They were available at all times and very prompt to answer any questions. From start to finish they provided A+ customer service! I would highly recommend their services to anyone looking to finance/refinance a home.

Matthew ** was the loan officer assigned to me, and I couldn't have been more pleased! He always responded quickly to my questions and took the time to explain the process thoroughly. I had a lot of questions since I was a first time buyer, but I never got the feeling of frustration or being rushed from Matt. The process has been simple and gone very smoothly. We had 45 days to close, and pretty much everything was done with three weeks to spare.

Erica did a great job handling a complex loan. We have closed loans many times in the past and never really felt the bank was working for us. Not the case with Erica. She was responsive and always had a work around no when things seemed to be at a dead end. Thank you Erica!

Sam ** is the mortgage officer I dealt with. He is a true professional. He gave me a competitive rate, always responded to my calls and took the time to guide me through the process. The only difficult part of the experience has been the HomeDirect website. Since BOKF is going through some acquisitions and rebranding they have loans serviced from several different institutions and there are multiple login pages presented to you. I hope they eventually make an investment into consolidating their mortgage servicing IT infrastructure.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We wanted to pay off some bills. We needed a tax write-off and we figured it would be beneficial to put out some of the equity in our house. It's the first time I've ever had a mortgage so I didn't know much about it but Matthew, the gentleman I was dealing with, informed me about the credit that they give you for certain type of loans and about the bankruptcy, too. He always had an answer to every question that I had and if he didn't have an answer, he was able to let me know he would get back to me once he found that answer then he always did.

I couldn't really close until certain due date because there is a four-hour mandatory rule when it comes to filing a Chapter 7. The process was started and Matthew didn't submit my paperwork until it was after that time. So I made the process go by a lot smoother and faster because I had a lot of paperwork I had to give them anyway. So it gave me time to give everything he needed. He didn't wait for the next person to contact me.

He handled the first part and then we have the appraisal, we had the adjustor - there were so many different people involved. He was always the one that contacted me to let me know what they needed. At the same time, their people contacted me too but he always kept me abreast of what's going on and I was always ahead of the game. When it came the time to submit the paperwork, he submitted it and everything went through. We had the appraisal come in and everything was very smooth. They're honest, trustworthy and that's something to really look forward when it comes to your home.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There are no loan process fees that are ever seamless, quick and easy but it was much less painful with HomeDirect than other ones. We were looking to consolidate and we went through LendingTree. We went through discussions with Matt who is really good and worked through the options that we could go after. And then, we made the decision to go with them. He and the group there were very responsive to any of the questions we had. If I needed something to finish any paperwork, he was quick to get back to me. My loan went active in May and it has been great for the past 12 days. They have good rates and we got what I was told.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was trying to refinance to take out some equity to build a pool at my house. My mother had just refinanced her home using HomeDirect and recommended the company to me. The loan process went pretty smoothly. Most of the communication was done through emails and it just went really fast. I filled out the application, emailed my W-2's for last year and for 2015 and two pay stubs to my loan consultant, and gave my statement for my mortgage that I had at the time. The rep kept me informed through email at what stage we were at and how much longer to expect till closing. I spoke to her just a couple of times 'cause I had problems once with filling out one of the forms and attaching it back to the email, so she explained to me how to do it. She seemed really sincere and honest and that was one of the things that my mom liked about her too.

A lot of times in this industry you don't really find that quality and people. People don't disclose everything till the last minute and you end up paying more than what you originally thought you were going to pay. But I'm really happy we went through this process. It's definitely been happy moments for us 'cause our pool is being built and everything's on schedule. HomeDirect is efficient and it's been a really positive experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The broker from HomeDirect Mortgage was more responsive than the others and the rates are positive. I refinanced with them and went with a conventional loan program. I shared them my info including my proof of income and a certificate to verify my employment. They also checked my credit and the lady pretty much took care of the rest. It was pretty painless and fast. I talked to her two or three times throughout the process and I'd get answers on the same day. She's responsive and she did a good job. They have good service quality and working with them has been good so far. I did the refi and I do everything online with my payments. It's pretty seamless, easy and user-friendly. I would recommend them.

Erik is attentive, responsive and helpful. He guided me to the best value and understands exactly what I am looking for and offered me several products that could fit our needs. I have used him and HomeDirect Mortgage for two mortgage loans and will continue to use them on future properties.

HomeDirect Mortgage Company Profile