2. Mortgages

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.44/5

BOK Financial offers online mortgage origination. Its automated application eases the hassle of applying for a mortgage and lets you work with an experienced mortgage banker to guide you through the loan process. It offers refinancing and conventional, FHA, jumbo, VA and advanced medical professional mortgage loan options.

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

BOK Financial Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BOK Financial Mortgage?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about BOK Financial Mortgage?

Original review: March 23, 2020

BOK Financial reached out to me to find out if I wanted to refinance because it was an opportunity to get rid of my PMI and lower my mortgage payment. Their rep, Michelle, was great. She was extremely helpful and responsive. She walked me through the process. I also had an issue with the notary. It was supposed to be a situation where they would come to my home but the person called me and spent a great deal of time talking to me about how allergic they are to pets, and I'd have to confine my dogs. Then he didn’t wanna come to my house because even the fact there had been dogs here would be a problem. I told him that it was his job to go to people's homes. It was getting dramatic.

We made arrangements to meet at a nearby Starbucks. The guy went to the wrong Starbucks and they got salty with me on the phone because he was in the wrong place. I provided them the feedback because, at that point, it was like a comic relief in that respect, but Michelle definitely took steps to make sure it was resolved. I wasn't looking for financial compensations but she said that it was just ridiculous and we couldn't have that. They refunded a portion of the cost.

There was a pretty significant difference between the initial conversations we had, the estimate of what the closing cost would be, and what they actually ended up being. It was something that really struck me when I got the final paperwork. But at that point, I was so far down the road and I still went forward with it. Michelle was able to explain to me why that was the case. She was willing to talk to me through the concerns I had.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I already had accounts with Bank of Kansas City from in the past when I first bought my house and they were the go-to for my mother-in-law who owned her own title and escrow company. We chose them and they gave us really good rates, so I stuck with them. Jim helped me and he was pretty much beck and call. He was willing to drive after work to meet up with. I didn't have him do that, but he was willing to. I was sending emails and he'd get back with me in 10 to 15 minutes. I'd have an email back even if it was 8 o'clock at night. So, he was really good about everything and he really helped me through the whole process of refinance.

I love working with Jim. There was a couple of other options that we had, and he helped work through it and get the best rates and figure everything out. It was a good experience overall and I always tell friends about BOK if they're doing anything with loans. I also had a friend who bought a house a little while before I refinanced and I'm sure he's BOK.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I went through divorce, and so, I had to pay my ex off. And I have another house that has been completely paid for that I had to take the mortgage out on in order to do that. I also needed to pay off the loan. I was given really good rates on the mortgage that I had on the home with BOK and I was happy with them. Another thing I like about BOK is they don’t sell the loans.

I’ve got cash-out refi. I had the house completely paid for and then I took cash from it. The application process was painless and efficient. It took maybe a week or so. Jim has been the only lender I ever work ‘cause he’s very trustworthy. He was a straight shooter. So, if he can do something for you, he tells you. If he can’t, he’ll tell you that as well. And he doesn’t come up with hidden costs later down the road when you’re thinking, “Okay, this is what we got,” and then, the all bait-and-switch type of thing. I did work in the past with lenders that would tell you one thing and then on the midnight hour changed it or it had some hidden costs there. With Jim, everything’s straightforward and transparent, which is what I really like. And this isn’t the first transaction he’s done, not only for me. I’ve recommended him to family, friends and colleagues of how well he’s done.

Working with BOK impacted me in a very positive way because of the interest rates. Prior to years ago, when I first met Jim, I was with Wells Fargo looking to refinance and they couldn’t compete with the rates and the terms. So, I wanted to try BOK. I was a little nervous because they were out of state. But everything went very smoothly. I have a 15-year loan with them for a few years at 2.75 fixed rate. Now, unfortunately, it's a 4.5 at a 30-year ‘cause it’s not my primary residence that I pull it from.

Now that everything’s closed, Jim can get my primary residence down to 3.5. My ex didn’t allow that to happen, unfortunately. So, it wound up costing me more to get that down. That has no reflection on Jim. Jim told us what was the best thing to do and how to do it. I can just refinance. It’s just a difference between closing costs. I don’t know how the rates would change, if they’d change for the better or the worse, upfront, in a couple months’ time. But I am gonna be reaching out to Jim here shortly. And we’ve already discussed and he already knows that I’m coming to refi and put the loan back on my primary residence, not my investment home.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

BOK Financial Mortgage was in possession of my mortgage so, I extended my question if I could do refinancing with them. Their rep was very accommodating and he was very happy to do it with me, so I went with them. Also, I was shopping for options at the time and their rates were good. But when I was getting the quotes from different banks, it was difficult for me to compare exactly their fees because they all vary and they had different descriptions. That was a confusing process for me, though it was not specifically a problem with BOK. Their rep was very responsive to my e-mails and calls, plus he followed up if there was a need to get everything signed and would let me know or call me. I'm a very suspecting person but I liked the way he was approaching my problem. He built the trust. He was right on timing-wise, too.

Other than that, we had to do two takes on my refinancing. I started the process five months ago but that didn’t go well because I had some problems on my end. Then I came back five months later and BOK's rep was very happy to follow up on it. Overall it was a good experience and I would be happy to come back and do one more refinancing or get a new loan with them. I still strongly consider them as an option.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

The loan officer I worked with at BOK Financial was very helpful, easy to work with, easy to talk to and kept me informed. The process took about a month. I started around the Thanksgiving week. I called and checked rates with various lending institutions. And then, the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, I was trying to call and lock-in with BOK, and I understand it was a holiday week and couldn’t reach anybody on Wednesday before and Friday after Thanksgiving. By the time I was able to lock-in, it had gone up a slightly with $15 difference on my monthly payments. But other than that it was okay. And as we know holidays interfere a lot of times with business.

It all went pretty smoothly considering it was my first time to do everything online. It seems everything went pretty well, trying to get people to respond on my end and provide the information that I needed to provide to the loan officers. Sometimes that’s more of a problem than anything, but dealing directly with BOK was not a problem. It all worked out and it was very professional. I enjoyed working with the loan officer. He was very helpful.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

BOK Financial Mortgage and BOK Financial customer service is horrible! Talking to cust. srv ALWAYS requires a minimum of 30 minutes on hold. I requested a payoff statement for a refi. They *only* snail-mail them, and it took more than 3 weeks, holding up my refi. Of course, they have a recorded statement all days and times, "we are experiencing higher than normal call volumes, we apologize for the wait." Nonsense! Call volumes are what they are. If you call to apply for a new loan, there is no wait time, but once you are their customer they simply don't care. AVOID BOK Financial at all costs!

Original review: April 1, 2020

We refinanced the mortgage that we had with them. The process was fairly automated. The website is very nice where I could upload the documents and respond to the questions. The representative from the specific bank was very helpful. He was very responsive. I would get a response to my email within just a couple of hours. It was a pretty straightforward process. It took about a month from the time that it was locked in to the time that I finally signed all the papers. Overall, I like the ease of getting ahold of these people and having them respond back. Everything went really smoothly.

Original review: March 28, 2020

We took a VA loan from BOK Financial. We were buying a house and we already had them before. Getting the mortgage was pretty simple. I was comfortable with their rep. They told me what documents they needed. Application took 30 minutes, and anytime they needed anything or any updates, they called me and let me know. I got a good rate, too.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I wasn’t having any luck at my credit union. Somebody told me to try a bank and that Bank of Oklahoma was a good place to do that. I applied online and then somebody contacted me. She did my application and got me approved for it. She was in Kansas where she made it kinda difficult. But she was always available and we just did everything over the phone and on email. The process went real well. The only thing that I didn’t like was a lady that was helping me with all this said it was the FDA that required so much information. But other than that, it was fine to me. My interest rate is really good.

Original review: March 22, 2020

I had a refi with BOK. The overall experience with them was good. Their rate is lower than the big banks and they can match the bigger banks’ offer. The process took around 21 days from the time I contacted their rep to closing. The website was really good. When the rep updated, I got an email saying something’s updated so I don't have to call him to see the status.

BOK Financial Mortgage author review by Michele Lerner

This direct lender is a division of Bank of Oklahoma Financial. It uses the latest technology like an online automated application system to help clients get the money and information they need as efficiently as possible.

• Online application: The online application makes applying for a mortgage easy. With a bit of information, you can submit an application, and a loan officer will contact you directly.

• Mortgage calculators: There are several online calculators free to use. If you have questions about your principle, taxes, APR, refinancing and more, these calculators can help.

• VA loans: This company helps veterans apply for VA loans with specialists trained to make sure you get the service you need.

• Mortgage basics resources: You can access numerous resources that include breakdowns of mortgage terms and costs as well as some FAQs on the website.

• Part of BOKF: This lender subsidiary of the Bank of Oklahoma Financial. This means that they are backed by a multibillion dollar financial company, ensuring your finances are in capable hands.

by Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

BOK Financial Mortgage Company Information