Call toll free
4.79/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

HomeDirect Mortgage is an online only ‘direct’ lender that specializes in obtaining home loans at great rates for our clients. Our automated online application process will save you time and money. HomeDirect has experienced mortgage bankers to help guide you every step of the mortgage process. Contact us today to learn more about HomeDirect Mortgage.

HomeDirect Mortgage, a division of BOKF, NA. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender.

HomeDirect Mortgage Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1357 HomeDirect Mortgage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: April 17, 2019

I was buying a place and doing a VA loan, and I was originally gonna go with a local mortgage but then I looked online and saw HomeDirect's rates. It was a lot cheaper than the local ones'. In fact, I called six places and out of all the places, Kerry and HomeDirect beat everyone else's percentage by about 1%, which is like $100,000 over a 30-year mortgage. I actually asked those other people what I should ask Kerry if there was something shady about it. I did exactly what they said and Kerry gave me great answers. He was like, "Nope, nope. Don't do that, do this." And it was 100% legit. So I definitely got the best deal I could've possibly gotten.

All of the process was online too, so it wasn't too complicated. That was pretty easy and my broker was great. We worked together really well and he has a good team as well. More than my realtor and my lawyer, Kerry was the easiest person to work with in the process that I went through. I actually have recommended him two times already to two other people who were looking for a house.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I was relocating back in the United States from working in Afghanistan and I needed to apply for a mortgage for a new home purchase. I applied through my bank, Bank of Oklahoma, and that was where I got through HomeDirect. I like the people who were working with me. I worked with Casey who was very patient. I also worked with Michelle who was helpful. When I got frustrated because they were asking for some of the same documents over again, they explained to me that it was a Homeland Security requirement, which I then understood. This was my third home mortgage and before, it has never been explained to me. Other than that, the initial application took about half an hour. The whole underwriting thing though took a while. Still, HomeDirect Mortgage bent over backward to help me close my loan. They were great. I would love to work with them again.

Original review: April 11, 2019

My husband and I wanted to own a home. We started our mortgage with Veterans United, and we had an awful experience with them. They were supposed to set us up with a real estate agent who they never got back in touch with us. We waited months. When we got a real estate agent to reach out for us, we told her that we weren't comfortable with Veterans United. She recommended Mark from HomeDirect.

Mark kept us apprised. He would call us at least twice a week to check on us and see how we were doing, and how everything was going even when we were in the waiting process. The application process at HomeDirect was straightforward and simple. While there were a few times where specific military documents they needed weren't easy to come by and it was a little difficult, they walked us through everything. The rate was a little high for us, but HomeDirect gave us a lender credit and paid off one of our debts to do it, so we were okay with it.

Original review: April 11, 2019

HomeDirect's mortgage rate was the most competitive in the market. I knew one of their mortgage officers from a different company that I used him with. I felt comfortable with his knowledge and recommendation, and also with his honesty and being truthful.

Original review: April 11, 2019

One of my best friends was a loan officer of HomeDirect Mortgage, so I went with them. Although he’s not there anymore, I’ve known him for so long so it had to do with being able to go with someone whom I knew and trusted. The application process was simple. The rep that I worked with walked me through everything that I needed. I shopped around to make sure that I was getting the best rates and the rate and terms of the mortgage that I got from HomeDirect were good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeDirect Mortgage?

Original review: April 10, 2019

I needed a loan to purchase a new home and a friend referred me to HomeDirect Mortgage. Their rep, Casey, was a super easy-going guy and working with him was a real pleasure. He was very knowledgeable with the programs and he was very straightforward with all the process. He asked what he needed like the loan application, bank statement, pay stub and verification of employment. I gave him these documents when he needed them and everything went through. The whole application and underwriting process took about a month. Also, the rate that I asked for was what I got.

Original review: April 10, 2019

The application process with HomeDirect Mortgage was easy and straightforward. The representative that I worked with kept me informed the whole time and I felt very comfortable working with the people at HomeDirect. Also, I was very happy with the rate and terms of the mortgage that I received.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I applied for mortgage with HomeDirect for a new home that I was buying, and I had good interactions with their customer service. Their lending process was very good, and they had a good competitive rate. They were also easy to work with and they had a very user-friendly interface, so that was nice. I had plenty of time for the loan to occur, like 48 days, and they were done well ahead of time. The people at HomeDirect were very good and knowledgeable, and I would recommend them.

Original review: April 10, 2019

My aunt is a Realtor out of Southern California and has been using HomeDirect and their services and referred me over to them. The process was seamless on the pre-approval. Nate was great in walking me through. But then, I hit a little road bump when they were having internal layoffs. That kinda backed up everything, but it was fine.

The application process was straightforward. The HomeDirect portal that Nate had set up was easy to use and was able to upload all my files for all the tasks that he created. The process was completed for about four days. The pre-approval, the approval and the first round of underwriting went well. It was easy in the first week or two. And then, it was stuck in the final underwriting longer than anticipated due to resource limitations on the HomeDirect side. With the skeleton crew that they were running, they had a backlog and I understand that. The point of contact that I was given was great and kept me informed based on the information they had so that was good.

Original review: April 9, 2019

The process with HomeDirect Mortgage went quickly and it was organized in regards to the emails that I received. The customer service was good and they got me in tune as far as each process reached up in the process. HomeDirect also had a good interest rate as opposed to any of the other providers.

Original review: April 9, 2019

A friend referred us to HomeDirect Mortgage and John, the rep that we dealt with there, was excellent. He deserves a medal. He was always there and he was very helpful. He directed us all the way through. If we had a problem, we called him. He was straight as an arrow and he didn’t deviate. He didn’t tell us one thing and do something else. However, the application was a bit tricky because everything was on the phone. Luckily, I had a computer. Also, we were looking at a bank here locally and what their mortgage guy quoted us was higher than what John quoted us. John told us the fees and he said they wouldn’t change. I like HomeDirect’s professionalism and helpfulness. They’re a superior company.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I was buying a used home and I applied for a mortgage because of low rates. I put the inquiry in online and got a callback from HomeDirect's mortgage consultant the same day. His name was Reed and he was great. He was on-the-spot and answered every question I had. He was very prompt, and even when I had dumb questions, he was great. I submitted the paperwork and documentation as requested and was provided with the information and materials back, went through the process, had a closing, and got the loan. The application and underwriting process took less than 60 days.

While I did get my loan and got the rate that they promised, I'm darn dissatisfied with HomeDirect's customer service. It would be nice if they called and told their clients that they're gonna fire 80% of their staff before they actually do it and give us the contact number to call for somebody that actually still does work there instead of having me call Reed after he and most of the people that worked with them got fired. That was uncomfortable.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I was trying to get through with my finances out of town. We’re a small town and I don’t need everybody to see my finances. So the rate was the main reason that I ended up going with HomeDirect Mortgage and the process was very quick and easy. The gentleman that I spoke with was also very professional. When we went on vacation, he made sure he had a notary come meet us where we were in North Carolina. Things like that are a big deal to me. He wasn't pushy either. The communication was good. The only reason it was lacking was because, like any customer, I want the answer now. But he was good about that.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Originally, I was looking for a new home purchase, but it turned out it was better to refinance first and then look for the second property. Erica, the person that I'm working with at HomeDirect, has been fantastic. I started talking her about a year ago. I was having trouble getting my certificate of eligibility and she worked with me through that process. I just had contact with her while I was waiting on that so I figured I would just stick with them. During the process, they’ve kept me updated on everything I needed to know and they’ve been good. I've had a great experience with them. The online application process was easy. We're still working on the second mortgage, but I hope to close that this week. Nonetheless, the refinancing only took three weeks. They were quick about it. I could've gotten the rates a bit lower, but I felt it was good. I'd definitely recommend them and I would use them again.

Original review: April 8, 2019

We sold our last house last year and bought another one this year to live in. HomeDirect Mortgage had the best program and a more complete explanation of the cost. They were also able to solve a very difficult problem that my wife had in getting her off the mortgage because of her mental condition. No other lender could solve that problem. HomeDirect was in there 100%, giving us assistance. I'm a veteran and the Veterans Administration wanted more information than you could ever imagine. Despite this, HomeDirect did a great job in getting all the information put together and getting it back to the VA. The rep I worked with followed up and knew exactly what he was doing. He was the one that solved our problem. What we wanted to get done got done by working with HomeDirect.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I’ve used HomeDirect Mortgage a couple of different times and the whole process takes 30 to 45 days to close. They were the best I could find as far as the rate and the terms of the mortgage. HomeDirect Mortgage's representative, Ron, did an excellent job for me. He was always upfront, very informative, and on time.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I had a refinance with HomeDirect and I went with their 20-year conventional program. The online application process was fine, and the application and underwriting process took no more than a month. The steps were minimal and I did minimal work since I had had my mortgage there before. They took the information that they had with some updated information, and then ran with it. I had easy interactions with the reps, and I was very comfortable working with Ryan. He stayed on top of everything and got things done in a very orderly fashion. I have a busy life, and HomeDirect was easy to work with. They had everything down and the rates were as good as I could get. I got everything I wanted in a simple and easy manner.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I've used HomeDirect Mortgage to refinance in the past and this time, I applied for a loan to finance a new home purchase. I called my loan officer Jordan, directly and he was good. The application this time was a lot easier since I've used them to refinance. Jordan had most of my information, so I just had to send him new updated pay stubs. He did the whole application and underwriting process really fast in about three weeks. Overall, my experience with HomeDirect has been good.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I was buying a new home and I was gonna use a VA home loan so I interviewed and went back to my old lender. I looked at HomeDirect and another one and the biggest thing that I looked at were the interest rates. Communication was the most important to me too. I like timely responses if I have a question. I also wanted to have one point of contact whom I could call if I have a question, and not send an email to four people and wait for one to respond back. HomeDirect was able to meet all my criteria for that. And their online application was super easy. The application and underwriting process took less than 30 days and my experience was as smooth as when I bought my first house two years ago.

I was able to secure the exact same loan that I got two years ago and the rates were better than what I was expecting although it was much more competitive when I did it before. Furthermore, my memory is horrible so I warned my rep before we started the process that I needed to make sure I was not forgetting anything. He went above and throughout the process. When I wasn’t reaching out to him, he would give me updates saying that they shouldn’t need anything from me for the next five days but he told me the next two steps. He kept that organized for me which kinda helped on the stress level side of things.

Original review: April 6, 2019

My experience with HomeDirect Mortgage was really good. It’s all depending on the loan officer that you have working with you and on whether they listen to you or not. And the person I had working with me was really knowledgeable. They understood the loan and the loan process, and they helped me in every decision aspect of it, whether I should buy a new house or renovate. The communication was amazing too. They told me everything that I needed to do and gave me a checklist. The loan process took around 60 days to complete and the terms are good. They’re at the going rate.

Original review: April 6, 2019

We were buying a house, and I Googled and found HomeDirect. They called me, and then we took it from there, step-by-step. They had better rates, and their online application process was easy. We went with their FHA program, and the application and underwriting process that took a couple of days was good the way it was. I had very good interactions with their reps, and I worked with Matt. He was very friendly and helpful, and he responded to all our exchanged emails very quickly. I felt very comfortable working with him, and at the time I had a question, they answered me quickly. They walk you through the process, and they know what they're doing. For a new home buyer, they're super helpful. I have a house now, and I feel very good about the way HomeDirect worked with us to help us close the loan.

Original review: April 6, 2019

HomeDirect Mortgage was my previous mortgage lender and they did me good when I bought my last house. This time around, the process of obtaining the mortgage was also good. It was the same as the last time, three years ago. If I had one complaint, that is they laid off or fired the last guy that was doing my loan for me right at the end, so it wasn't pleasant. The new person wasn’t as responsive. I had worked with Jordan for several months on obtaining the loan. If I emailed them, I usually got an email back within an hour, whereas it would be a day or two before the new person would respond. He didn’t have a lot left to do at that point, but I could tell there was a difference in the service. Nonetheless, the rate of the mortgage that I received was competitive. It wasn’t great, but it was satisfactory.

Original review: April 5, 2019

We applied for a mortgage as we were buying a new house. HomeDirect had a half a percent lower interest rate than anywhere else that I looked at and it was much better. We ended up going with an FHA loan. Their mortgage process was pretty easy. I called and talked to the gentleman. Then, they set it up online and I did all the paperwork that way. The application and underwriting process took about three weeks. However, about a week before my loan was supposed to close, they laid off my loan officer and the only way that I caught it was by me calling. They put a different person on it though who made sure it got done on time.

HomeDirect’s customer service was fine and when they found out that I needed some quick help, a rep got put on it who dropped everything and she prioritized it. I felt very comfortable working with her. They knew everything that they were talking about from the beginning and everything that they said happened. Also, they would either email or call me in a couple of hours to answer any of my questions or concerns. But it would be nice to have more communication from them about what’s going on and to let me know where things were and to get something done or status update instead of me calling and checking. Despite that, I liked the online application much better and it was much easier than the first time I did it in my first house which was in a different way. In fact, I have a new house in Tennessee and HomeDirect managed to time it correctly to go with the sale of my house in Oregon.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I had a 30-year mortgage with a five-year ARM upfront and it was due. I needed to get a new 25-year mortgage. I looked around and HomeDirect Mortgage had the best deal. My original mortgage was with Bank of America and HomeDirect just blew Bank of America away. Plus, HomeDirect was very easy to deal with. They took a lot of information over the phone, sent me some emails and that was it. Doing the online application took about 30 minutes. Also, the loan officer that I dealt with was very helpful. He explained everything.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I had a previous mortgage through HomeDirect so I also went with them for refinancing. My first experience with them was nice, smooth and fast. I checked back with them on the rates and it’d beat any rate I could anywhere else. We got a hold of Seth and I told him that we were interested in refinancing the loan. He gave me a quick eval on where we were sitting at and what he thought we could get. So, we proceeded from there and turned in the typical paperwork. Most of the things were DocuSign but there were a couple of papers we had to physically sign. It moved along pretty quickly, got a home appraisal, kicked back in, had a termite inspection, got it turned back in, and then it was set up for closing. I could get a hold of Seth any time of the day and we had very open communication. The assistant, Alyssa, was also great and everything went really well.

Although, there were a couple of things that they could improve. Since we refinanced, we sent in an amount that was owed and it included a couple of other debt into the mortgage. I included some paperwork on and told them that the last statement said this but I paid on what we really owe which was not incorporated into the cost. We had to go back and work with the closing company to get that taken care of. Nevertheless, we really enjoyed working with Seth and Alyssa and it was a pleasure.

Original review: April 4, 2019

My husband filled something out online, and he started getting a whole bunch of phone calls. He made a note that said he wanted to be emailed. And HomeDirect was the only person who emailed him instead of calling him. I've been through the process of obtaining a mortgage once before. And so, I was prepared and knew what to expect. We started with HomeDirect in November, and we completed everything in February. We had some debt consolidation, and clean-up work we had to do, so it makes sense.

The person we worked with would email us and then we would email him back. Unfortunately, sometimes when we would call, he would not always be readily available on the phone. HomeDirect's rates were good. We locked in at a decent rate, and we also had VA involvement. So, we did really good and I feel comfortable about that. The terms are fine and not out of the ordinary. I would recommend them to a friend.

Original review: April 4, 2019

HomeDirect Mortgage had the best rates that I had seen online and the rate and the terms that I received were really good. I’m glad I got in early. It was our first time buying a home and we just had to fill out the pre-application and get approved for that, then submit some legal documents that you would submit like for buying a car -- our place of employment, how much we make, and some tax returns from the previous year. The process was really pain-free. The mortgage guy that we had was on top of everything and he was very helpful. We were first time buyers, so he was explaining everything to us in detail. We just had a small issue with the communication between the underwriter and our mortgage person. I had to send to my mortgage person proof of employment, but they didn’t send it to the underwriter, or the underwriter lost it or something happened.

I would totally recommend HomeDirect to anybody that was looking for a mortgage. I’m glad to know that HomeDirect has the backing of BOK in Oklahoma, so it is an actual Oklahoma company, not based out of another state. It was a big thing for my wife as well. She really liked it because the last mortgage that we had was set up a bit weird.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I saw HomeDirect Mortgage on Zillow and the interest rate they offered for VA loans appealed to me. My interactions with their reps were excellent. From start to finish, the underwriting process took about 15 days. HomeDirect did an excellent job.

Original review: April 4, 2019

We were thinking about refinancing, and HomeDirect contacted me and said, “Hey, you wanna refi? I can lower your payment.” That sounded good to me and I could do that. The application process was very easy. The whole process took two weeks. The customer service was fantastic. Tyson, the guy I dealt with, was on top of everything and he followed up daily. He did what he said he was gonna do. He did a great job. The lady who came out when we did our paperwork was extremely nice and extremely professional too. It was probably the easiest one I’ve ever done in my life, and it was very comfortable.

We did have a lot of questions, but the loan agent would pick up the phone and call me, to make sure everything was going smoothly. He kept me abreast of what the next process was. Even though I would get an email notification, he would call me and let me know, “Hey, it’s going to underwriting. Expect us by a certain day.” The appraisal came back fine as well. We all knew what it should be. It has been five years since we bought the house, so the rates were lower, and it was just about what I thought it should be. So, it is great. Going with them hurt my friend’s feelings ‘cause he has a mortgage company. So, he was like, “Why didn’t you call me?” I said, “These guys were easy.”

Original review: April 3, 2019

The person I worked with at HomeDirect kept me informed of what each of the steps was, as we went through them. He was very helpful in giving me the information I needed, and giving me enough time to go through the information. Also, the rates and the terms are very good. Everything went very good.

HomeDirect Mortgage expert review by Michele Lerner

This direct lender is a division of Bank of Oklahoma Financial. It uses the latest technology like an online automated application system to help clients get the money and information they need as efficiently as possible.

• Online application: The online application makes applying for a mortgage easy. With a bit of information, you can submit an application, and a loan officer will contact you directly.

• Mortgage calculators: There are several online calculators free to use. If you have questions about your principle, taxes, APR, refinancing and more, these calculators can help.

• VA loans: This company helps veterans apply for VA loans with specialists trained to make sure you get the service you need.

• Mortgage basics resources: You can access numerous resources that include breakdowns of mortgage terms and costs as well as some FAQs on the website.

• Part of BOKF: This lender subsidiary of the Bank of Oklahoma Financial. This means that they are backed by a multibillion dollar financial company, ensuring your finances are in capable hands.

• Best for: first time homebuyers, people looking for mortgage help and veterans in need of VA loans.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

HomeDirect Mortgage Company Information