4.81/5
Based on 674 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

HomeDirect Mortgage is an online only ‘direct’ lender that specializes in obtaining home loans at great rates for our clients. Our automated online application process will save you time and money. HomeDirect has experienced mortgage bankers to help guide you every step of the mortgage process. Contact us today to learn more about HomeDirect Mortgage.

HomeDirect Mortgage, a division of BOKF, NA. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender.

HomeDirect Mortgage Video
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 8, 2018

674 HomeDirect Mortgage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I keep in regular contact with a particular HomeDirect loan officer because I've done so many other loans through him and had good experiences. I like his honesty. I've gone through a few different lenders just getting prices and I always got the feeling that they were not really having my best interest, whereas, every time I worked with the guy from HomeDirect, he was a straight-shooter, and he’d tell me the rates and lender credit he could give me. And every loan I've done, it worked out exactly as he said it would. I'm trying to get a lower interest rate recently and I applied for a VA Streamline with HomeDirect. So, I waited until I had the six payments to where I would be able to do the IRRRL. And then luckily, the rates were to the point where I was able to lower it by a bit and save some money.

I got a few emails showing the closing disclosures during the application. And the application and underwriting process went very smooth, and it was probably the smoothest from all the ones I've done with the loan officer because it was just a streamline and I never had to send a whole lot of documents in. I had to consent to the E-sign and look over the closing disclosures. It was extremely quick, and I was very happy with the experience. Based on the current environment with all the rates, I got a good deal with HomeDirect. I have a rental property loan with them as well. And to have both loans with the same company and the same website to be able to auto-pay is very smooth and convenient.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I was moving to a new area and I wanted to buy a house. I got a VA loan from HomeDirect. A friend who went through HomeDirect highly recommended them. I started talking to Tim while I was still living in Hawaii, and he was helping me go through the preapproval process. And then, when I got here, we put offers in before we went on the contract and it took him no time to get us the pre-approval letters for the amount they were offering. So, it was an easy process and it took no time to get the loan and we closed two weeks early compared to what we originally thought was going to be the date.

I really enjoyed working with Tim. When I had any sort of questions, he would answer phone calls and emails. We had to fix our time difference. So, it was tough sometimes to get a hold of each other during the work day but he was great. HomeDirect's online application process was very simple and very easy to understand and take care of. I'm very happy with the rate and the terms. Everyone was surprised I was able to get it that low. I had already recommended HomeDirect multiple times to multiple friends who were looking to purchase homes, and I'd keep doing the same thing.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I was going to do an IR program but I had to remodel my kitchen and I ended up taking a little bit of equity out. I got an email from HomeDirect Mortgage and they were helpful. They had everything that I needed and it was very quick. I only gave them the key documents that they required and then I had to get my ex-wife to sign off on the deed and it was done. It was all done through email but it was great. They were professional and I got responses right away. I felt comfortable working with them. Also, it was the lowest interest that they could've gotten at that time so it was good.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I went with HomeDirect's conventional loan program for a new home purchase. Their online application process was straightforward. They have a very competitive rate and it was one of the best that I could find. I first found an agent, gathered the documentation and HomeDirect checked to see if I was pre-approved. Once I was pre-approved, we continued to process the documentation, and then we had to go through the appraisal to see if appraisal checked out. The pre-approval took less than 72 hours, and then the underwriting process took three and a half weeks. After all of that was taken care of, we were finalized. I was happy with their rates and terms I received. Everything was as stated, so that was good. The loan officer, Aspen, did a good job. She was very responsive and kept me up to date. I appreciated them partnering with me and the clear expectation. They made the home loan process understandable and possible.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I used one of the VA benefits in applying for a mortgage for a new home purchase. I'm a veteran and because I’m getting a little bit older, I wanted to be a bit more financially wise. I had to understand the loan process. I submitted a request through Rocket Mortgage. It was one of those where different quotes come out. HomeDirect contacted me and I told them that I was trying to find the best rate and they gave a quote. I told Eric if anybody beats his quote, I would go with them but if they match it, I would use him because he’s the originator of this loan offer. The only thing I cared about was the interest rate, the terms and that I wasn’t paying any point. I wasn’t worried about customer service or the loan being sold off. Eric understood that and got me what I wanted.

I wanted to see what the market can do for me and it took months. Some other agencies were coming in at eight percent. I told them I got a three and a quarter interest rate from HomeDirect Mortgage. They said it was impossible and that the market wasn’t sustainable for that. They warned me that I was going to get screwed over but I told them I would take Eric’s word for what it was. I told Eric that if it jumps to 6% like everybody else was telling me, he would lose my business. The other banks weren’t able to compete.

Only one other competitor was neck and neck with HomeDirect and the only reason they were able to compete was because the rep knew his business model. He understood what it was all about because he worked underneath Eric. He said he could beat Eric but there was something about the system being shut down and he wasn’t able to produce a quote. I told him I was locking in that day and if he couldn't do it, he couldn't do it.

I submitted over 20 applications and HomeDirect beat out everybody. They gave me the best interest rate and once the balls were rolling and I became serious, I inputted all my information and the financial documents into their system. I got the official quote and I locked in the price. Eric was true to his word and he showed superior business ethics in terms of producing what he said he could do. He closed the loan in 30 days and gave me three and a quarter. That's what I wanted and that's what I got.

But once Eric had locked me in, he transferred me off to Steven, a junior loan officer. He seemed unorganized and he wasn’t able to keep up with what was going on. I had to send him multiple emails and applications. I didn’t want my application to be dropped because he wasn't getting his information in correctly and I had to get in contact with Eric in the middle of the process. Steven might have just been a little under-experienced in learning the ropes but it didn't help when I was rushing to try and get everything done. It was a little frustrating on my end but he was still a good guy and once he gets everything down, he might be a bit better.

The underwriter also messed something up in the official contract and an addendum had to be done. It was 20 minutes from closing and I was biting my fingernails wondering whether it was going to happen or not, but it ended up going through. Other than those, everything was great. Eric was straightforward with me and the process was easy. I wanted a higher quality of life and I bought a very expensive house. HomeDirect made that happen and I've recommended Eric to numerous people because of his honesty and what he produced for me. What he was able to do within the marketplace was astonishing. If he says that he can get a certain interest rate then believe what it is.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeDirect Mortgage?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I came across HomeDirect Mortgage when I was applying for a loan. It was online and if you submit basic information, it gives you six different quotes. They were one of the top quotes that came back and after discussing with them along with all the other mortgage companies or lenders that had contacted me, theirs had the most appealing offer. Plus, through consumer reviews and stuff online, they had fairly decent ratings. The loan was for a new home purchase. It started with speaking through the loan officer and understanding the details and sort of what HomeDirect was willing to offer.

They then sent some level of initial paperwork that I completed and they had to do some more checks on basic background information and credit to make sure that their offer is lined up with what I was bringing to the table. After they did that, they then put together a working document of terms. As that was getting approved on their site at their various screening levels, once that was all signed up on their site, they've done an actual agreement to be signed. We worked pretty diligently on the process for about two to three weeks in order to secure the loan. It's fairly fast and there's some time in there on my end of gathering all the various documents. HomeDirect was very helpful and responsive. The stuff that they laid out were all clear on what I needed to do. From time to time, there's a question or something that we didn't know how to deal with, they were able to help.

In talking to the loan officer, Timothy, one of the things that we talked about was down the road, is there a possibility to recast the loan so as to make a significant payment against the principal to reduce the monthly payment. And he said, "Yeah. That shouldn't be a problem. We have a department to handle that. Here's kind of the basic requirements that you'll need to meet." That was great, except when very recently, when I tried to recast the loan, I was then told by the department that I couldn't do it because of the type of loan, which is VA loan. That was a little frustrating because it would have been nice to know upfront.

But other than that, in terms of the process of getting the actual loan and walking us through all that, that was all fine. The loan officer was great and it was easy to work with him. However, I'd recommend to make sure that if there's any specific questions related to your case, make sure you walk through those in detail with whomever you're working with. Double-check that they've given you the right information.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I had a deal with HomeDirect Mortgage for my VA loan and I did a lot of phone calls and paperwork. The rep that I dealt with was knowledgeable and overall, their rate in terms of the mortgage is good so far.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I went with a VA loan with a 30-year effect for a new home purchase through HomeDirect Mortgage. They were very efficient, backed by a big company and their rates were the lowest that I found. Obtaining the mortgage was very simple. There were forms that they sent me and they shepherded the whole process all the way through, which took 30 days. The rep, Julie, was absolutely outstanding. She was experienced and she knew right off most of my questions, but where she didn't know, she got the answers quickly. Working with HomeDirect gave me peace of mind. They took care of everything and it was very well handled. I had VA loan experience with other mortgage lenders because I used to sell new homes in Florida and a lot of them would say, "Yeah, we can do well," and then they're in the learning process on the paperwork. In the case of HomeDirect, they were very much up to speed. In fact, they specialized in VA loans and that set them apart.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Someone called me from the previous mortgage company that I was first with, which was affiliated with HomeDirect Mortgage, and the rep gave me an idea of what I will be paying if I did the refinance. It looked like it would save me $200 and bring the interest rate down. I went for it to take advantage of the FHA percentage decrease right before the interest rates go up. The rep sent that proposal over, I sighed it and she began pooling the credit and looking at what we had. She found a profit, sent the paperwork out to me and I sent it back. She looked at evaluating the property so she contacted the person who did the appraisal and had them update their appraisal.

The process has been real simple because I really didn't do that much and it has been a great deal. However, she explained it to me that it would take so much for me to retax and get back the money I was paying out. It would take about 19 months before I recover what I spent out but on a monthly basis, it decreased by about $215.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I was refinancing for a VA and HomeDirect Mortgage offered me the best interest rate at the time. They sent something but I wanted to check into it first and make sure it wasn’t a scam. Then I called them back and said I would only do it if the interest is 3.25%. They said they could do that and the process was fairly straightforward. They came over here with all the paperwork to be signed with a notary public so it was effortless. The whole application and underwriting process took less than 30 days. Overall, CS was good but sometimes you can't get a hold them. But I guess the rep was just in the middle of somewhere in Oklahoma with his family and he didn’t have good reception. Other than that, they were straightforward about everything.

I stayed with HomeDirect Mortgage and I like it for the mortgage price. The only thing I don't like is their website. You can't do anything on it. It would be better if you can go to their website, put in information and do bills ahead. It would be nice to be able to schedule something out. I tried to do that on the phone but they were going to take the full amount. I wanted to schedule it, not have anything taken out right away. But I also liked that they said they would hold on to the mortgage so it won’t be sold to somebody else. The first time I had a mortgage on the house, it was sold to somebody else eight days later. With HomeDirect Mortgage, I don't have to worry that two months later I would be paying someone completely different. So far, I'm happy with HomeDirect. They made my payments a little lower which was nice and I've recommended them to somebody else.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I had refinanced my house and I had to shop around for someone who knew how to do a VA loan due to a divorce. HomeDirect Mortgage gave me the rate that I requested and they said that they could do a VA loan refinance. I had to give them all the tax, income and house information, but I was a little upset on the day that I was to be closed. They called to inform me that my ex-wife didn’t sign the paper that was due weeks ago and that they were going to have to cancel and restart the mortgage process. I flipped out and I got my ex who at that time was overseas. I had to contact my lawyer to contact her lawyer to contact her and it was a real pain. It turned out that she put the paperwork in and her lawyer gave me that information. I called back HomeDirect Mortgage and they said, “Yes, it was here. We looked for it again and found it this time.”

The whole process took around 30 to 45 days. I dealt with Tim and I didn’t have any issues with him. He was helpful although his team that was in charge of getting the correct paperwork dropped the ball more than once. I had to go out and sign the papers that were already submitted and resubmit them. The team also wasn’t so personable. But the rate and terms of the mortgage were fair especially the percent that I got. As it works right now, everything is going smoothly. The whole mortgage thing is just not one thing to go through and there are other reasons to that.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I needed to buy a house. The guy that worked for HomeDirect was recommended by a family member and we've used them for three times. It's a little easier if you know somebody. We got the contact from my wife's sister and then we called him directly and everything was online or by mail. Working with the rep was fantastic. I'm very happy with the terms and rates. He helped out with the VA a few times. We're in the house we wanted and we are where we wanted to be. Everything was easy and flawless.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

We were first time home buyers and ended up using HomeDirect Mortgage. The process was smooth and easy. Moreover, our broker, Dave, was helpful the whole way through. A lot of the stuff was done through him, but the stuff we had to do online was very simple. He told us what to expect and it was spot on. Moreover, he had attention to detail and made the transition smooth. In addition, HomeDirect had the best rates we could find. The whole process took two months. However, there was a little hold while we were waiting for the sellers to get out of the house. I would highly recommend HomeDirect.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I was very happy with HomeDirect's service. They were excellent and very speedy. I liked the communication of the broker I worked with and he got me a really good rate. I just provided the required information and he got me the different rates based on different types of mortgages, and I made my decision on what I wanted to do. When the mortgage went through, I did the automatic monthly mortgage payment and everything was smooth. I would recommend the broker in a heartbeat.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

HomeDirect's service rates and charges were similar with other lenders but their service was the most direct and the best. A friend of mine had done the application process already and he said I can use HomeDirect than use someone else. I applied for a refinance and the process took around 60 days. I had to give them my W2's and my taxes, which I scanned and sent to them. It was simple. And Kent, the rep I worked with, was friendly, cordial, and professional. He didn't do any messing around and what he did wasn't a sales pitch, which I appreciate. Everything went very smooth.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I wanted to do a refinance. HomeDirect Mortgage had a VA option for me and pretty much it was the first person that returned my call. After the conversation with them, the rep said that they had the best deals. I had a couple of other calls and in fact, HomeDirect did have the best deal so I went with them. They gathered the proper documents, I passed a couple of years of taxes and paid stubs and insurance coverage for the property and existing balances on any mortgages. I uploaded those information and completed the online application. I signed the papers and waited for the decision. The online processing saves a lot of time. It expedites submitting the application and it is always secure. I like it. It is better than having to mail something.

I wish the waiting time could have improved but I know they have some checks and balances that they need to do to ensure that the loan is legitimate so I’m okay with that. The reps were great as well. One of them walked along with me through the whole process until I got to the processor. He was pretty knowledgeable, confident and he told me the truth about the process. He told me how much it will cost and told me the advantages and the disadvantages. I was comfortable working with him. The term and the rate are both good as well. I have not seen anything better so I am happy. Overall, HomeDirect gave me some monthly relief.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

We've refinanced through HomeDirect to get a better rate. We went with a 30-year fixed program. We went on to LendingTree and got bombarded by a thousand telemarketers. The rep from HomeDirect was fine though and so was HomeDirect.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

When I was tired of renting, I looked into getting a mortgage. My sister used HomeDirect before and she referred me to them. They were very helpful. I tried applying before but with another place and it was such a long and frustrating process. HomeDirect’s application process was quick and easy. We applied for an FHA loan and got the pre-approval. They asked for documentation, tax return stuff and then we get approved. Their rates were way lower than the others. It took 45 days from start to finish, and waiting on the appraisal took the longest.

Whenever I deal with their customer service, the dealing was good. They asked me for documentation right up front and I get whatever I needed. The rep was there to answer my questions anytime, even on his personal time. They were reliable and friendly. They provided great service and took care of me. Their courteousness and attention to detail stood out for me. It was a great experience and I would use them again if I had to buy another home or refer them to anybody that needs a loan.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I was tired of renting and I wanted to get my own place. I used LendingTree and HomeDirect was one of their referred lenders. I had a VA loan and they had a specialist for VA only. She was great and the bank worked great with me. I was deployed at that time, so all communication was done through email. The specialist was knowledgeable and had the exact answers the VA itself would give me.

I had a power of attorney and my father did all the paperwork signatures back home. The process was easy but there were mishaps. Some paperwork got lost in transmission sending but I got them resent quickly and easily. HomeDirect pre-approved me up to a certain amount when I got to go choose the house and once it started going, it was less than a month. I worked with two people primarily, an underwriter and the VA rep that assisted him. Both of them were very forthcoming and easy to work with. This was my first time home buying, so I repeated my questions a couple of times and they were patient with me. The rates and terms were not bad for my credit and I got no points so I was happy about that. I'm satisfied overall.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I was moving and needed to buy a new house. My realtor suggested HomeDirect along with a few others. I did a little research and called them up. I liked how they were doing business and decided to go with them. Their rates were fair too. They asked what my needs were and what I was looking to do. I told them I was going to use the VA loan then they sent me forms to get started. I sent them back and everything got approved. The application process started and I went along with that. They then helped along the way to make sure things got done and everything worked out.

The process was streamlined and straightforward. Although I didn’t have any huge hiccups, there were a few times when I had to send forms in and then they would need something else. The process took a little bit longer because we were in the middle of our move when we were doing this. Being able to pull over and scan documents as well as get documents were a little more difficult. But from the time we started to finish, it was maybe a month.

For the most part, they met our expectations. We were never in a situation where we were waiting for them to get something done. Their reps were all great. I was impressed by the amount of professionalism along with their level of knowledge of being personal. The balance of it all really played well together and then it was just really easy to work with them. I knew who I was talking to and they knew me so it was really easy to get them to want to help me so I can help them. They helped us get the house that we are living in now so it was definitely a win for us. I would definitely recommend at least considering HomeDirect.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I’ve had two mortgages with HomeDirect over the years. I previously worked with somebody from HomeDirect and had a good experience so I decided to reach out to her when I decided to purchase another property. When I first I worked with her, I found her through Zillow Mortgage. I let her know that since we had an incentive, we were thinking about moving out to San Francisco and I was looking to get pre-approved so that I can start aggressively looking for a place.

She had some existing information on me from the previous mortgage so she asked for a number of different items from me, which I’ve provided quickly. She got me pre-approved very quickly. I then started looking very aggressively at the housing market here. It’s not uncommon that there’d be 10 or 15 people betting on the same houses, sometimes even more. And so, I let her know it might be a while. She checked in with me every few weeks and I informed her when an offer had been accepted and we were under contract. She was excellent and definitely one of the best I’ve ever worked with.

I have loaned five or six properties and own three right now. Unfortunately, in the middle of the process the rates had fluctuated downward, but since I have a lock, there wasn’t a whole lot I can do. It was a little disappointing on that front, just when I started feeling that I was going to close on a loan which I was going to have to refinance after a very short period.

With the first loan that she did for me, we had a very aggressive close from 20 days and she was concerned about it. We missed it because the appraiser took forever to turnaround the appraisal and so we missed the closing date. My realtor had to pay the penalty to the seller. The recent loan went very quick and went faster than the first time. We could have closed very early but I explained that it made more sense to just close on time because I was moving out another property.

The underwriters come back and ask for a ton of things before I could get the final approval and sometimes the turnaround time is really ugly. The amount of time that it takes to find out what’s missing, have it communicated, turn it back in, have them evaluated sometimes is really long. But with HomeDirect, it was faster. The person I worked with was a lot more aware of what the underwriters ask for and avoided the back and forth that I’ve seen happen before.

Working with somebody who’s flaky and doesn’t know what they’re doing is a giant pain. But working with somebody who I could trust, I was confident that she would get things done and that there wouldn't be any issue. Dealing with somebody who was professional and knew what to do so that I could close a deal alleviated a lot of stress. I’ve recommended her to people. In fact,my realtor has her info and has been in touch with her. But the most important thing is the homeowner rate. Having someone that I trust who says that they could do the deal is important. However, if the rates are not competitive, then I’d tell others to go elsewhere. They’ve been excellent. However, it would really be nice if they could be paperless. It’s such a drag to receive a paper statement which is a total waste of money.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I bought a new home and I didn't want to go through a traditional brick and mortar bank for my mortgage. I found HomeDirect and I had some initial email exchange with one of their representatives about the order of things and what steps I had to take. I am very impatient when it comes to any sort of application process, but the online application process of HomeDirect seemed pretty easy and was relatively painless. And the process was completed in a very reasonable amount of time.

My rep was Nate and he was very responsive. Even if I sent him questions after hours, he responded in the evening. I didn't have to do a lot of work and he just really helped to guide me directly. He wasn't the first person I talked to as I probed around and talked to some other folks. But Nate seemed to be the most trustworthy and was also easy to keep along with. This was my first mortgage process and with HomeDirect, I have a higher APR than I would have about paying my own mortgage insurance and I'm happy with that.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I started looking for mortgage back in April then I refinanced in July. HomeDirect was the first company that called me but they were the fourth company that I dealt with. They took three days to respond and I had cogently resent certain things. They were the only ones who were willing to work with me. My representative told me the things that I needed and once they were sent to him, he took care of the rest. My interaction with the representative was one of the better experiences I had with HomeDirect. I dealt with two people and they were professional about everything and were quick to respond. They returned my emails and answered my questions.

Everything was done online other than having to have the notary come to our house. I also had a direct number to the representative but once the process started, everything was returned in the email immediately. It was an easy, worry-free process. I got a great rate because I went VA. The VA funding fee was a little steep and my closing cost took a huge chunk of my refinance. But in the situation that I was in, it was something that I had to go with. HomeDirect has impacted my life in a positive way. I was able to set-up my new mortgage and got rid of all debt, credit cards and even paid my vehicles off. I was able to help my oldest son in college as well. I told my sister about our experience with HomeDirect because she hasn't refinanced her home yet.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I had my mortgage with my original financial institution and I got my loan from when I bought my home. Then it was sold to another company and that company also owns HomeDirect Mortgage. I have an FHA and they had a streamline FHA available to knock my PMI down. I went with them and did a small re-fi, pulling just enough money to get my PMI down. HomeDirect had a better product to offer in my re-fi with the same company that I was already with. They reached out to me and they were great to work with.

The process was a streamline FHA, which was kind of adjusting what I already had. I didn't have to pull a whole lot of documentation together, where I worked in, bank statements and all that. They pretty much handled everything and they just sent me the documents to sign. I went through them and did my due diligence. It was a very easy process. I signed five documents and I was done.

The guy that I dealt with at HomeDirect was great. He was on top of it the whole time. If I had any questions, he always answered me back right away. He sent everything in a timely fashion like he said he would and executed it very well. It was, pretty much, a flawless transition. Although I wish my rates would be a little bit lower. But they got the PMI down, they got my monthly payment down and I didn't lose the three years I'd already paid in.

HomeDirect freed up a little bit of extra cash every month and makes it really easy to make payments online. They should just keep doing what they are doing. As long they keep the same customer service that the way they did to me, they shouldn't have a problem. I'd definitely recommend them. They were easy to work with and they had good customer service. They're straight up with you as far as giving you the information to get your processes done. As long as you give them what they asked of you that they need, then they're going to proceed with it.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I wanted to get new furniture, get the house painted and home repairs. We wanted money out of the house and not out of our savings. We dealt with an individual before named David that handled the mortgage for us with another company, and we were pleased with his service. When we called him, he had moved to HomeDirect so we went with him. He told us what we needed then I put it together and faxed it to him. He locked in a better rate for us and we had to wait a period of time because we had a hot water heater that went off which damaged and we could not close until the repairs were done on that specific room.

But other than that, it was a very easy process. Then someone came to the house to sign the closing documents. We were very comfortable with David who was very responsive. We got the repairs done to our house and I got some new furniture that I wanted after 27 years. Our mortgage payment is a few dollars more than it was so all in all it was a very good experience and we've been very pleased.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I needed a mortgage to buy a house. HomeDirect had the lowest mortgage rate at the time they were offering it to us. I went through Zillow and the agent chose HomeDirect, they were offering 3.25%. He asked me to turn in my paperwork like my VA, stuff about home, how much I made and my Social Security. The pre-approval process took a few days and it took two months to close everything which I liked. My loan officer was very knowledgeable and very helpful. He put me at ease a lot of time. My real estate agent though would kind of set me straight on what this guy was telling me.

When I tell others I have 3.25, they're all, “What?” and they tell me that was excellent. The only thing that worries me about that is I don’t know if I could ever refinance it if I ever wanted to because I don't know if I'd ever find anything that would beat that. Everything has been good so far and I would definitely recommend HomeDirect to anybody else who's looking around.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I applied online and got a refinance with HomeDirect Mortgage December last year. The entire application process took around two to five months. The rep that I interacted with was okay. I told them to do the mortgage payment through my checking account and it took me two weeks to redo it. Then they found out again it was open and I had to fax them. I hated it but the local agent said, “You could do it”. Everything’s all set now and it’s good. I hope they will pay my real estate tax. The rate and the terms of the mortgage are okay, although it’s higher. It’s 3.5 or something and I used to have 3.25. This is my digit in the house because they refinanced me then they didn’t do the 3.25. They raised it up to 3 point something.

My experience with HomeDirect Mortgage is all right but not perfect. During the first month, they didn’t pay my taxes, which is included. I had to resubmit it and fax it, and now I have the bills from I don’t know and everything’s fine. Now, I have my taxes sent to me and they’re supposed to say that it’s included in my mortgage. I refinanced it because my wife died and I told them to take my wife’s. They said, “All the way you could go take your wife”. What I hate is to refinance it. When your wife dies, mortgage people should never do that. They should take off her name on a mortgage but they said, “No, you have to do the refinance it”, and it’s ridiculous, that’s why I don’t like it.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I want to make a good mortgage payment because no one wants to pay the rent. At that time, I responded to an email from HomeDirect Mortgage and they end up contacting me. And since they had pretty good rates, I went with them. The application process went smoothly. They told me exactly what I needed and they ended up running the whole process and made sure they got my information. They got mostly my information through the current mortgage that I had set up before from Midland Bank, which they were affiliated with.

In addition, the people I talked to were really nice. They were very clear as far as everything that I needed to bring and needed to have. The only part that I didn't like was the signing. You just keep signing to where your hands were ready to fall off. But it was just a normal process. Since working with HomeDirect, I was able to lower my payment a little bit. And the terms I received was good. I recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I went with HomeDirect to refinance on our existing mortgage. I wanted to remove my PMI. My rate was already low and I knew I wasn't going to be able to get that off. Dirk, the guy who worked with me, was excellent and very smart. He was a blessing to me. He helped me get that PMI removed all the way off. Also, the rep that I worked with was great. I liked their rate in terms of the mortgage I received. They got my APR down .25 and my mortgage rate was four. I recommended Dirk to my girlfriend and he worked things out for her too.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I wanted a house and I had the option of either making a substantial down payment or not. I found that HomeDirect had a very good rate when I bought my first house from the Bank of Kansas City Financial. Bank of Kansas City Financial eventually rebranded itself as HomeDirect so when I got my most recent mortgage, I used the same people from the previous mortgage.

I ended up getting three mortgages. The first one was the standard VA first time homebuyer. But then I wanted to sell that house and buy a new one. I refinanced the first house to a traditional mortgage, which it was on for about a month before it got sold. I purchased the second house with an original VA loan as well. It's the third mortgage, even though the third is the original VA loan because I converted the second one in the process.

I would have used Laurie, the mortgage broker I used from HomeDirect if she works for anybody. She's very responsive. All the paperwork that I need to fill-out, she tells me exactly what I was supposed to do. She was on some Hawaiian vacation and she sent me a pre-approval letter. I couldn't believe she did that so, wherever she would go, I would go. She's also extremely sweet and very polite. She was able to do pretty much everything I had asked even though when you're getting a mortgage to get a third mortgage is an unusual transaction. She didn't act like it's unusual at all. She did it very quickly and professionally. The closing was on time and the funding came in on time. She did extremely well throughout the entire three transactions.

I'm extremely comfortable with her. The very first time, I got a referral to her from LendingTree. I originally started talking to her because she had the best deal. There's one other that came in a little bit better later on in the process but I was so comfortable working with her, I didn't really care. Securing the loan wasn't terribly difficult. I'm very organized and so is Laurie. I'm a sole proprietor and she said, "Hey, you have set of two years of auto tax returns." I sent them right over. It takes people usually a minute to get to but I had them because I have very meticulous tax records.

Sometimes, being a sole proprietor makes it difficult to get a mortgage. But for me, it wasn't a problem because she knew exactly what documentation the underwriter needed and I have all of it. Her assistant sold out all the paperwork and all I did was click to sign. For some of the mortgage loan itself, along with the sales paperwork, that came like a notary and physically comes to your house. It is hundreds of forms and it takes two hours to finish. The process could have gone a lot faster. We dragged it out a little bit because we wanted the refinance to go through before the second loan came up. If I wanted to turn the transaction in two weeks, we could have done it. We ended up taking six weeks just because that's what works for everybody.

The mortgage I got was very competitive. The first time, I really paid careful attention to rates and points, the lender's credit and all that stuff, by the second and third time I was doing this, I would have just taken whatever Laurie says. She said that the rate was x, then I would have just gone with it. Unless it was something higher than the unqualified rates. The B paper rates that are advertised on the internet was really out of whack. But if it's in range of a competitive rate and I like them enough, I would have gone through with it.

HomeDirect Mortgage Company Information

www.homedirectmortgage.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use