toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Mr. Tyson ** has been extremely diligent, attentive to our needs at every step of our loan process. He has made the entire process free of any obstacles and has been very thoughtful and thorough when important documentation was required. I highly recommend Mr. **.

HomeDirect Mortgage

Thank you so much for the great feedback Jeffrey!

Original review: April 24, 2017

Simply put he's the best! Second purchase with Nate **. First time real estate agent used, this time for sale by owner selling ours, then fsbo purchase. Guided us, helped motivate various parties involved right up to closing, THE BEST!

Was a wonderful experience working with Steve **. Friendly, cordial, but a no-nonsense approach that made the mortgage processes a pleasure. Of all the people involved in this transaction; realtors, sellers, inspectors, VA etc. Steve was the only one we could regularly count on. He provided guidance and insight that set our minds at ease. We've been searching for a home since pre-bubble. My wife and I have met the snakes and all the shenanigans, we waited it out and tried once more with this home. If more people in the industry would model themselves after Steve, real estate and our economy would be in much better shape than it is today.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I refinanced with HomeDirect Mortgage because I really liked my loan officer, Kyle, and he didn’t charge me any loan origination fees. Plus, it was an easy process with closing on time. I feel like their rates are competitive. And now that HomeDirect Mortgage keeps all their loans, I no longer have to wonder when am I going to have to change banks because I'm forced to. Also as an added bonus, I can set them on auto-pay. All those three things are really huge for me. I'm a real estate agent and I have been sending all my clients to Kyle because sometimes, even when you're buying a small little house, you have fees.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were buying a bigger house so we applied for a mortgage and we went with HomeDirect because of their mortgage officer, Julianne. She was so wonderful, helped us with anything we needed and worked on Sundays. We also shopped around and their rate was super competitive and one of the best. They gave us a thousand dollar seller's credit, too. We tried to buy several foreclosures and Julianne must have written us five pre-approvals. We had a VA loan and when we finally found the house we wanted, we ended up having to change our closing date because the roof was leaking. HomeDirect had to get it fixed and they were wonderful every step of the way. They were super helpful and very patient. Anything that we needed, they had it done. HomeDirect is also user-friendly and their mortgage online is easy. We'd recommend them to anybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We worked on the house and we needed to get funding for it. We started with a lender but it was not going smoothly. The process of getting things rolling was dragging. Our realtor knew somebody who was connected to HomeDirect Mortgage and that person said that HomeDirect can give me a better rate and get it done more quickly which they did. We got the rep all the paperwork that day and within 48 hours we had our approval. He knew exactly what he needed from me so I was able to get him all of my paperwork on the first shot. And he was able to answer any questions that I had and was just a very upbeat and personable. The rate was also lower compared to the rate of the company we've been looking at before. This is the second house that I bought and this was my best experience to date with getting a loan.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to buy a house and HomeDirect had a lower price. I ran several comparisons and it was the lowest at one time with other lenders. And for a VA Jumbo Loan, they beat everybody in every way. I've talked with two of their reps and both were very good. Every home I’ve ever bought is a frustrating event but they were slightly better at this. They're good communicators, both via voice and email, and provided every time I asked for some data or help. They were also able to provide it pretty quickly. Working with HomeDirect allowed me to buy a nice home. I'd tell a friend to give them a shot, but do the math and see what's the better deal for them. For me, it's the best bang for the buck.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

HomeDirect was directly connected with the bank that we had our original loan through, so the bank recommended them. We refinanced with HomeDirect and everything was done electronically all the way up until the actual paper signing. All communication was prompt and if we had questions, Josh, their rep, was a phone call away. He gave us his personal cellphone number and his actual office number. We had to call him once after hours and we would also email him then within 30 minutes to an hour, we would have a response back. He was really good. They were also prompt about getting the paperwork signed and getting everything pushed through. HomeDirect saved us $200 off our mortgage payment. It was a pleasant experience and better than the initial home buy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeDirect Mortgage?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was moving to a new town and I applied for a mortgage with HomeDirect. With their rate-lock, they were the better option on Zillow. Josh, the rep who helped me with my loan, was fantastic and really helpful. The process started with finding a house, getting pre-approved, then going and making an offer on the house. Josh walked me through the whole thing because I wasn't sure about the process. I did a pre-sale by owner and didn't have a real estate agent. He honestly answered all my questions and I called him quite a bit. He was really good. I enjoyed my experience with HomeDirect.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We went with a 30-year refinancing program with HomeDirect Mortgage to get a lower rate. They had the best deal and were the easiest to work with. My loan officer was good that's why I trusted him. However, I'm a little pissed about the experience. I had to pay around $600 to pay for a point down. One of the things that happened was, we had talked numbers beforehand what I thought the house was worth and what we owed. I had told him and he rounded them a little bit. And he eventually used that against me. I told him he did not tell me what the costs were going to be. He said, "I thought you said this is what your house is worth." I told him, "No, you rounded up the numbers."

But there were some things that they were not going to know until we get that far in the loan process. So he didn't want to scare me away by saying, "You might need to pay a point down" when I have another 50 people calling me to refinance. I get it. But at the same time, that was a little sneaky. It was really a crappy move. Other than that, the experience wasn't bad. I would use them again and I would recommend them because the market is so competitive for refinancing. I don't think I'd ever go to LendingTree.com again because literally, within 30 seconds, I had 10 phone calls. It was horrendous.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to refinance and I got a 15-year fixed loan from HomeDirect because in one of the websites I looked at, they had one of the lowest rates for that. I talked to a broker to help me arrange all the paperwork then all of that was done through email. The rep was excellent and working with them helped me get a loan. I would recommend HomeDirect.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We shopped around for a loan to buy a new home. The rep of HomeDirect Mortgage was prompt to respond, knowledgeable, very informative and nice, easy to get a hold of and communicate with, and I liked the way she handled things, so I got a VA loan from them. Initially, I filed for the veteran's discount and that was a pain. But that ended up not happening probably because of a change at the VA. But everything was all good and smooth anyway and the process took less than 45 days at the most before we closed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to apply for a mortgage for my new home. I had a friend who told me to call this guy from HomeDirect Mortgage. His name was Tim and he was super cool. My friend sent an email with both of us on it. This guy then told me to give him a few minutes of my time so he can get the information he needed and then he can run through the thing. So I did, and then he sent an email in which he said I am a dream client. I responded by asking him to give me a big pile of money so he sent a pre-app letter.

I called him on a Sunday because I needed more money. He got me a new letter and then emailed it to me right away. Tim always answered my calls, and calls and sends emails when I needed to hear something and only if I told him to do it. He is super funny and cool, and when I didn't like something, he listened. We had some stupid shake with the seller because the appraiser didn't come in. But we decided to walk through it anyway.

After three weeks, we finally got a seller to agree to reduce the price. Tim hurried up and got all the stuff done. We were able to close on time, even though it was kind on hanky. From our perspective, everything we did was on our timeline. While we had some weird stuff going on with the realtor and seller, Tim was always on point in terms of what he did. Overall, I got a good interest rate and had a good service experience with HomeDirect.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were moving states so we looked into getting a mortgage for a new home purchase, and we got a conventional FHA loan from HomeDirect Mortgage. Initially, even before I had found a property to buy, I contacted their 800 number and got in touch with a loan officer, and it was the same loan officer that helped me through the entire process. He was personable and always talked with me if I had any questions. He told me what to expect and what documents were going to be required. As expected, we had to fax things back and forth. We gave him our situation, so there were some circumstances that needed to be taken care of with that, and then we were going to be carrying two mortgages for a short period of time. One of the things we told him upfront was that we were going to be switching jobs as well as switching locations.

After I found the property that we wanted to buy, I called them back and they started the process. But there were some mundane things that had to be completed ahead of other things, so the loan process got dragged out because a piece of paper had to be there before we could move on. What disappointed me was that towards the end of the process, a few days before the closing, we got surprised when they told us to make three months of mortgage payments available since we were changing jobs. That shocked me since I felt that I should have known that way ahead of time, but we were able to do it eventually. We got squared away and everything worked out, and we were able to close. Despite that, we were happy overall with the loan process and with HomeDirect.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was buying a new home then so I went through the LendingTree first, got a whole bunch of offers, went through all of them and selected HomeDirect because they were responsive. Obviously, the good rates helped a lot. I applied for a mortgage with them and got the conventional loan program wherein I put 20% down at least and it’s under 416.

I started putting together a couple of plans when I made a call with HomeDirect back in January and Kerry, their rep, was very, very helpful. He was very responsive, informative, straightforward and patient. He is a fountain of wisdom. He gave us a couple of options that really helped. But it wasn’t a complicated case at all. So I’m glad. He was excellent, very understanding and he guided me through a couple of questions that I had. I'm impressed with his approach, his patience, his knowledge, his willingness to respond to questions and his willingness to be flexible. Sometimes, I change the plans a little bit or change a couple of things at the last minute, and he was more than welcoming to do those things for us. So that really helped.

In working with HomeDirect, I got to not fuzz about the mortgage much while buying a new house. So that’s a great improvement. Improvement is basically a lot of peace of mind. The application process would have been easier though if each of the home loan organizations would have the same tables to match on my table. But once we selected HomeDirect, it went fast and easy. I didn’t have to sign a lot of papers at all. I would definitely recommend HomeDirect and to work with Kerry. I’m very happy everything went well and I'm very satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was a state vet and became disabled because of an injury, and I became eligible for a VA loan with the fund up to the amount we needed to get. We got a lower interest rate doing it and my wife chose HomeDirect. She did some screening and talked to two different guys, but she liked the guy from HomeDirect. The process took just over a month and it was smooth and their loan officer communicated with us a lot. If we sent an email, he answered it right away. We always knew where we were at and he kept us informed really well. Also, we found HomeDirect very easy to deal with and things went faster than I had experienced before so it was good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We applied for a mortgage and got a conventional 30-year loan from HomeDirect. They were fast and had good rates. Their customer service was fine. They didn't try to push a loan on me like some of the others and it's a quality which I appreciated. Also, the process was smooth and very good. These things are never free of issues, but they were very responsive and I liked that. If there was a problem, it took 30 minutes before I got a response back and I never had to wait long. The loan officer was good as well and she wasn't very pushy. HomeDirect's time estimations were correct and everything they said turned out to be true.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got a home mortgage from HomeDirect Mortgage that I wanted to use for improvements to a home that I had no debt on, and the HomeDirect guys called it a refi but it was just debt consolidation. We got good service from HomeDirect and things moved along quickly. We worked with Sam out of Kansas City and he was most responsive and had a good attitude as well. He gave us his cellphone number and made himself available to us as needed, and that helped us quite a bit to get past a couple of questions we had, even if it was after-hours for him when we ran into a couple of issues that we needed clarification on. We had a misfire on some title issues but that got worked out. The closing was as we expected and when we asked for it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

At the time, I kept seeing advertisements about offers of better interest rates on a mortgage over a certain amount, so I talked with HomeDirect Mortgage and we did a refi with them. There wasn't all that much of a difference in the interest rate but the refi was at the right time. The other attraction with the loan was that they would not sell it, because every time you do a refi, the lender always sells the loan.

The young man at HomeDirect assisted me through everything and he made the process seamless. The rep was fine, timely, and on top of his game, and he did everything that needed to be done. There wasn't very much to do because we did a VA loan and a refi, and we didn't have to go through the lengthy process of all the documentation. The entire process took right about a month, maybe a little less. It went a week longer mainly because I wanted to wait until the following month to close so that I wouldn't have to make payments for two months. So far, I've only done three payments and I have just submitted my third payment. On the whole, our experience with HomeDirect was easy. My daughter just relocated across the country and I referred her to the HomeDirect rep when she was ready to purchase a house.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed a mortgage to buy my house and I got a 30-year VA loan from HomeDirect Mortgage. I went with them for their advertised rates. The loan process was long and sordid, and we had delay after delay on my end. Despite all that, I had a very good experience. The reps were patient and understanding, and they did everything they could to keep the process going smoothly. The only thing was, apparently their bank has multiple names such as Bank of Kansas and Bank of Oklahoma, and it was sometimes confusing getting emails from a whole bunch of names and eventually figuring out that they're all the same company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

HomeDirect was saying that they can lower my interest rate. It was a painless process. I had to get them a few documents and send them through email. I also talked to their rep a couple of times and although it is hard to read someone on the phone, he came across as trustworthy, had a good knowledge of what was going on, and he had my best interest. They've turned out okay as far as I know. Working with HomeDirect Mortgage has lowered my interest rate, which helped out even though it wasn't a lot. Billing is pretty easy. I get my statement and I pay everything online.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was renting a home and I was looking to buy it. And I'm in the military and it looked like I was going to be in the area for a little longer than I thought, so I figured I would do that. I put an ad in LendingTree. HomeDirect Mortgage came out recommended with some of the best rates. I ended up doing a VA loan with them. All of the stuff was digital and online, which made it simple to do. The process was easy to go through and they delivered everything on time and I was happy. A couple of people in the office are already looking into purchasing a home and I told them to check HomeDirect out.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to take some cash out of the house that I owned to use it for investment, some capitalization on my business and have cash on hand. I got a request through LendingTree and within eight minutes, I received the first barrage of about 30 different lenders. It was very annoying. I got a call from the folks at HomeDirect Mortgage that I went with and the rep was calling not to bother me but to tell me that they’re pretty competitive. He left me his information and when I was ready to proceed, I called them and asked what they offer. I was still getting calls from other folks even though I told them to knock it off, and when I compared the HomeDirect rep's offered rate, it was almost a full % below everyone else's. Their rates beat everybody out, particularly on the additional cost. The closing cost was eventually non-existent compared to the other folks.

I communicated with the HomeDirect reps a number of times by email and they were very professional, knowledgeable, and accommodating. I wanted to go with them because they were not harassing me and they’re not giving me a hard time. They sent me a listing of the documents that they would need to get this thing rolling and we started furnishing those. The conversation was either on the phone or Noah’s assistant.

I had an issue with an identity theft in 2013, so I had to get some documentation from IRS. The reps asked some very direct questions and I had to provide some very direct answers several times, but it was nothing that precluded me from applying for the loan. It was a level of detail for compliance issues so they made the request. They told me what they needed, I got it, furnished it, and then proceeded. It was a nightmare and it took a little longer than expected because of the hold-up on the tax documents. It was a happenstance and wasn’t anybody’s fault. I would refer my friends directly to Noah. He’s the guy they need to talk to and they shouldn’t mess with these other mortgage companies. Overall, the process went fairly streamlined and I’m a happy camper. HomeDirect assisted me in meeting my goals and getting the cash that I needed out of the house.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed a house to live in and I definitely prefer owning over renting. HomeDirect Mortgage was recommended by my brother who previously worked with the rep, Brian. I've owned a few other homes and dealt with a lot of other lenders so there was some continuous comparison going on during the actual transaction. But we made up our minds ahead of time that we're going to go through HomeDirect with Brian.

We needed to close on our home in San Diego before we could buy up here. Brian was engaged with us every step of the way. At any time we had a place that we were interested in, he was on the spot with calculations and information that we needed pre approval. and there were a couple of iterations of that. When we finally have an offer that was accepted, the closing process was incredibly smooth and it was the fastest one of all the home closings we've done. We had kind of a lengthy process but it went very well. It was absolutely fantastic and phenomenal. Overall, it was a very low-stress transaction for us. And it was a positive impact compared to some of the other home financing events that we have had. Everything we needed to do was laid out very plainly and it enabled us to live with the family up here in Minnesota. If everybody at HomeDirect Mortgage is of Brian’s caliber, then you have a top-rated organization.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used Zillow, shopped around for mortgage companies, and HomeDirect was the cheapest so I went with them. I got a VA loan for a new house and my lender, Brandon, was very knowledgeable of the little questions that I had on HOAs and the VA, and on a new home purchase or a new construction purchase. He always answered my calls every time and wasn't pushy. I got a hold of them in January and I closed in June. I put in around close to 10 bids on the house and Brandon was working with me the whole time. He was cool and hopefully, I get to work with him again soon or in the future if I get a chance.

Working with HomeDirect has been very awesome. The other lenders were surprised that they couldn't even match or compete with HomeDirect. I was kind of skeptical myself. The price arrangement was a lot but Brandon assured me and walked me through the process. This is my second home and working with Brandon, the process has been more pleasant. I also referred two of my colleagues at work to HomeDirect.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

HomeDirect Mortgage has taken over our current loan and they switched a couple of months ago. I’ve had minimal dealings with the reps but everybody I talked to was fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

An email sent to me from one of the mortgage people from the bank made me apply for a refinance. I chose to go with HomeDirect Mortage because they were expedient in making sure everything got done. Also, I previously dealt with one of their finance people on a couple of different bank loans. He was with a different company then and I followed him from one bank to another because he is very good. The loan process has also been good. I have given HomeDirect's contact information to a friend of mine who was financing and it helped.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I applied for home equity with HomeDirect. I had worked with the person that gets my mortgage before we moved over to HomeDirect and he's very efficient. They take care of veterans very well. They know what they're doing and if they say I'm approve upfront, then I can count on that. No surprises. But mostly, I'm impressed with their responsiveness and knowledge of the business. Overall, it was an excellent experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed a conventional loan in buying a house and a friend referred me to HomeDirect Mortgage. I talked to Mitchell, the loan officer, several times on the phone and he gave me updates on the process. I worked with him on rates and rate lock-ins. It was straightforward. Since it was all remote it was basically emails back and forth and secure online document signing. I had to provide them with all the information they required which was financial information, driver's license, and statements. It was a smooth process.

They made sure they had the documents before closing time. They actually made a tweak to the documents that I requested two weeks before closing and they were still able to make those changes and get it to the closing attorneys. It was very good. They saved me close to $2,000 or $3,000 in closing cost so it was a direct financial impact that was significant to me. They allowed me to float my rate down one time within 45 days of closing so I was able to get a lower rate by the time it was all said and done. I am very satisfied with them. Definitely use them because they're very efficient, flexible, friendly, and helpful. Look into it and get them if you can.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I applied for a mortgage at Home Direct Mortgage since we are buying a new home, and my experience was very good. They had cheaper mortgage rates and their loan process was very simple. Aspen was the loan officer, and her staff did everything. She did what she was supposed to do and then she took care of everything. It was seamless. I'd recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

HomeDirect was more proactive and responsive and the interest rate was as low as the other one before. The rep reached out and helped me get the stuff in. He was so good that I referred him to my future son-in-law who was getting ready to buy a house. The loan process was smooth and if I had to do it again, I'd go back to HomeDirect.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got an email and HomeDirect was represented as essentially a part of the same outfit that I already have a mortgage with. The reps were always polite and good. We discussed that there would be savings so it caught my attention and it was a good time for me to do it. But the estimated closing cost I was given when we were talking during the process ended up being substantially larger in the end. I was sitting in closing, signing docs and all of a sudden, the amount is much bigger and it was a little aggravating. I realized they're ballparked but it was off by at least a couple of grand.

It still makes sense over time for me to do it but I was frustrated with that. I should have done more research instead of just taking that first email. It might have been worth doing some more phone calls and due diligence on my part. One should pin down as much as they can. They should make sure they understand and they're prepared to walk away from the table if the costs are greater than what they were led to believe.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to buy a house and I don't have the cash so I needed a mortgage. My real estate agent led me to a loan person who told me the best rate was with HomeDirect Mortgage and I ended up with a VA loan. The process was convenient because I didn't have to stop what I was doing to respond since it was communication through email. I provided the info as they needed it. Nowadays, it makes things a lot easier to go into little programs, digitally sign some things and not have to worry about scans and faxes. The rep answered all my questions and I've already recommended him to other people. If I were to get another house, I'd reach out to this gentleman and work with him again. I couldn't see him in person since he was in another state, but it wasn't an issue.

HomeDirect Mortgage Company Profile