4.76/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

HomeDirect Mortgage is an online only ‘direct’ lender that specializes in obtaining home loans at great rates for our clients. Our automated online application process will save you time and money. HomeDirect has experienced mortgage bankers to help guide you every step of the mortgage process. Contact us today to learn more about HomeDirect Mortgage.

HomeDirect Mortgage, a division of BOKF, NA. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender.

HomeDirect Mortgage Video

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 10, 2017

506 HomeDirect Mortgage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

HomeDirect Mortgage was recommended to us by a good friend. We got a VA loan and the loan process was very easy. We gathered a few documents and filled out a form. From start to when we went to closing, the whole process took two months. But that's because we picked when we wanted to close and we could have closed earlier. The HomeDirect rep was honest and straightforward. I was impressed by the speed in which he gave us an answer and his honesty. He was very well-informed but I thought he was a little gruff with a couple of people in the loan process. But I'm not a sensitive person, so it was easy for me to handle. I got a house that I wanted and I would recommend HomeDirect. We would use them again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I’ve moved because of my company quite a few times and I’ve been through buying quite a few homes. This was the third time I’ve used HomeDirect Mortgage, and from the experience with the first two times, I didn’t even check a different lender this time. The process was pretty easy. HomeDirect had to verify the job status, income and the use of VA loans—the typical steps. The individual who I was working with is what made the difference. As I was looking for my home, I was always playing around and checking the day’s current rates. I would ask, "If I purchase this home at this price, can you shoot me out some examples of what the cost would be, the fees, etcetera?" He was extremely knowledgeable and very timely in responses and that made the process a lot easier.

For the house that I had in Nebraska, they even called me back on a VA reduction program that was in place and walked me through that. They helped me reduce my loan and provided monthly updates. They also gave tips and sent emails out on home efficiency. They’re a good company and it was the best experience that I've had with a mortgage. I would highly recommend HomeDirect to others, at the very least, give them an opportunity to give a quote.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

HomeDirect's loan process was wonderful and easy. You can do it directly from home through your computer any time of the day or night. It's cool and I'm very satisfied. Also, their people were good, friendly, knowledgeable, truthful and responded to questions in a timely fashion. We’d certainly recommend them.

Resolution In Progress
Resolution response: Nov. 8, 2017

I am updating my review. Home Direct Mortgage did send my $450 after 5 months. Thank You. Other than trying to get reimbursed, it was a great experience working with JIM **, he is a great guy and really worked hard to try and get me the best rate and never pushed or rushed us in the process.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

The loan officer was outstanding while we were dealing with them. We were offered a lower rate by half a percent, which would save us 30K off the loan. HomeDirect could not match it because we were rate locked. The issue was when we changed over banks, the loan officer from HomeDirect never sent the VA Appraisal money to the VA appraisal agent. When I asked for reimbursement for the $450, he said he sent it, but the agent keeps saying he never received payment. It has been 6 months and I am still trying to get my money back and it is impossible to try and find another number to reach someone to get help. Other than being out $450 it was a good experience.

HomeDirect Mortgage response

Kenneth, I'm sorry for any confusion. I'm having your loan officer reach back out to you. I show a note from 10/19 that funds were sent back. We will be in touch. Thank you for letting us know there is a potential issue still.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

The mortgage process was quick, accurate, very effective and low stress. The provider was friendly and knew the process very well. I would use this same provider again if the occasion arose. I felt very safe in the way the business was conducted and carried out in a private and secure manner.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeDirect Mortgage?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

One of my friends referred me to HomeDirect and they were giving the best interest rates. I applied for a mortgage with them to buy a house and their loan process was very easy. There were not too many steps involved and it took us four weeks to complete it. David, one of their consultants, helped me. Despite his personal commitments, he was on top of his things. He walked me through the entire process and I trusted him with everything. He asked me about some personal documents and some creditors we could recheck. After that, the 30-year loan program was approved and they have enabled online payments. My experience with them has been very effective. They have a very knowledgeable and simple process. I'll recommend HomeDirect.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Getting the loan was the easy part, great staff, great service, BUT, the maintenance of the escrow account I have an issue that has NOT been resolved. Each year your escrow account is made of taxes and insurance. If your escrow account is already above the required balance for the year why I am I still paying into my escrow account? Can someone please address this issue and give me the right answer, so we can correct the issue?

HomeDirect Mortgage response

I apologize for any confusion. I'm forwarding your inquiry to our servicing department so be reviewed. They should be in contact with you soon. Thanks for letting us know.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

The market was doing really well, so I figured I'd take advantage of equity in the house. I refinanced for the 100% value with the VA loan. The loan process with HomeDirect was very easy. I worked with Brian and there were no problems at all. The experience was pretty smooth. I had to provide the paystubs for myself and my wife, W-2's, and the Verification of Employment forms. As far as the forms went, there was a few VA things that they required wet signatures on. I had to sign here, stand back in, and send back to them. It wasn't very long though. Probably the most lengthy part for me was just printing out papers that I had to send to them. Overall, the time spent on my time digging that up, sending it to them, and being done with it was no more than an hour.

The final approval probably would have been sooner had I not been tied up in a bunch of other stuff. There were also days in between me answering emails to Brian. He was ready to do the next step pretty quickly. He was very knowledgeable and was right on top of it. He knew what he was doing. Working with HomeDirect has been very good. I'm waiting on the appraisal and if it comes back good, it will link back with them much more. I tell my friends and people that I work with about HomeDirect if they start talking about looking into stuff. The only thing I had a question about in the very beginning was when HomeDirect called me, and I had a Bank of Oklahoma loan. I had to call Bank of Oklahoma and make sure that Brian and HomeDirect were somebody they were working with. It would be great if there's a way to make that more known.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

My wife and I are both retired and it was time for us to move out of a major congested area into a nice quiet one. We wanted to buy a 20-year-old house and I didn't realize it was open season on me. Thirty-five people were calling me and HomeDirect Mortgage was one of the first people who called. A month later, it was a terrible deal such that people were still calling and wanting me to take a loan with them. But I'm so happy that I went with HomeDirect because I wanted a company to stay in the area and they’re both in Tulsa and Kansas. Also, the people I worked with were very nice and fantastic. They asked for something and we made sure that we promptly got that sent off to them so the whole process went very well. My wife and I both have really high credit scores and we have very little debt so there's no problem at all qualifying for us to buy us our home.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I was buying a new house and my friend referred me to HomeDirect Mortgage. I got a 30-year fixed loan from them and I'm happy with the process. I contacted my loan officer, Steve, and he took care of the application from that on hand. Everything was easy and smooth. We mostly communicated by email and sometimes through phone calls. He was always available. Whenever I call him or ask him a question he would respond in just less than an hour. He was experienced and knowledgeable as well. He was so confident that it made me not to worry about anything. HomeDirect Mortgage made a pretty big impact in my life. I’m in debt for almost half a million dollars but I have a house. I'm totally satisfied and I would recommend this company.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

We were relocating to Plano, Texas and HomeDirect Mortgage had the best rate so we got a 30-year home loan from them. I got a pre-approval and then closed a new home really quick. Their reps were very informative and very friendly. They discussed any question that I had and their process was very easy. Their rep really wanted to help and cared about giving me the best possible outcome. The entire experience was excellent and very satisfying. HomeDirect has made my life very easy. I’m going to refinance my other house with them, too and I'll definitely tell a friend to use them for any loan.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I wanted to refinance my home because it was at 6.25% and got a Veterans Affairs Loan from HomeDirect Mortgage because they had the lowest rate. The loan process was a fine experience. I was online then I talked to a guy on the phone a couple of times and we had to do the home inspection. It was easier than when I first got my first loan from the bank where I worked at. The rep I dealt with was really nice. He answered all my questions and followed up in a timely manner. He came to us to sign the papers, which was convenient. Doing business with them saved me a ton of money and I’m going to pay off my house sooner. I had an excellent experience with them and I would pick them again.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

We had a PMI and the people that did that loan with us told me to pay down a little bit and then check in a couple of years and see if we could get that PMI lowered. I was doing that and I was curious if I was going to be able to get that PMI lowered so I went to LendingTree.com, plugged in information and I heard back from HomeDirect immediately. I heard back from two other banks but they were a little slower.

I inquired about a VA loan because we qualify for that. When the rep presented me the terms, she gave me all the VA loan information then she gave me all the FHA information. We had the appraisal done and because the appraisal came back higher, we were able to eliminate the PMI all together and lower our interest rate. I ended up going with a 30-year conventional program with HomeDirect Mortgage. I did most of my stuff online. The rep asked me what was the best form of communication for me and I said the email because of my schedule and personal life. It’s easier for me to be able to sit down when I got some quiet time and the computer. She responded immediately to anything I sent for questions or information through email. She was excellent. I told her what I was trying to do. She wanted to know if I wanted to cash out and I said no and that I just want to try to get rid of the PMI so she gave me all the different scenarios.

I hate refinancing and I never want to have to buy a home again. The whole process is so stressful, however it was almost one of those deals where it was going so smoothly. I was waiting for the other shoe to drop and it never did. I was waiting for bad news with every email I got from their rep but our credit score and appraisal came back good. Everything kept coming back good. We’ were trying to decide if we'll keep the house or move to an apartment but when she came back with the new mortgage, I said to my husband, "We can stay here and pay less than what the apartments that we were looking at cost." It was a really great experience.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

For our first home, we availed of a VA loan from HomeDirect Mortgage. The process was super easy and I learned a lot. Their reps were knowledgeable and friendly. I worked with Brandon and he was absolutely amazing and was on point. Every time I call, he always answers or returns my call. Plus, the rate is really good. We’re able to buy our first home and add on to our first home. They’ve been absolutely wonderful and I would definitely recommend them to friends.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

We were purchasing a new home and HomeDirect Mortgage had good rates at that time. Their quoted rate was the main reason that we got a mortgage from them. The application process started in April and ended in June. During the loan process, we worked well with HomeDirect. The rep kept us informed of everything that we needed to do and where we were along the way. I’m a person that wants a lot of information sometimes, so there were a few times that I could have added some more information. We were self-employed and there were things that seemed redundant and were a little frustrating, but I understood that these were things that the underwriters wanted and I was able to give them everything that they wanted.

Overall, our experience with HomeDirect was very positive, including my communications with the rep, Andrew, and his assistant. Working with HomeDirect enabled us to do everything that we needed to do and we got the mortgage closed when we were supposed to. I would give HomeDirect a positive referral. I would tell a friend who would ask about them to check into them. They were professional and easy to work with.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I went through a mortgage service online for my new home and about 10 different companies responded. HomeDirect was one of the first ones. I talked to them then I talked to Quicken Loans or one of the others and I liked the answers that HomeDirect gave me. They specialized in VA loans, which was what I was interested in and the person I spoke to was easy to work with. He answered all my questions and walked me through the process. I'd recommend HomeDirect, especially to anybody with a VA eligibility.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

We're in an adjustable-rate mortgage. We were looking at interest rates and I thought it'd be a good time to get a fixed-rate. I submitted a request and Kent from HomeDirect was very prompt and answered all my questions quickly. Working with them has been very seamless. Once I finished all of our closing documents and the loan got funded, I set up an online automatic payments process. The whole experience was easy and convenient. They're fast, competitive with current mortgage rates and very easy to work with.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I applied for a mortgage at HomeDirect as it has a lower interest rate compared to other lenders. Andrew, their rep was right on the ball. He made sure that I was steered the right way and got me an interest rate that I couldn’t get from other companies. He was fantastic and everything was great. He walked me through the process online. I made our payment on the same day that we explained but we're not late. Hands down, I’d give Andrew’s number to my friends, that’s how good he was. My experience with HomeDirect Mortgage was one of the greatest I've had when it comes to a mortgage broker.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I was thinking to refinance so I looked for multiple options and I got a good price from HomeDirect. I ended up getting the 30-year fixed loan. The process was simple and took 45 days. They took all the documents through email and I didn't have to do anything extra. They had an agent who talked to me and went over the documents if I had any questions. This was my second time, so I knew what I was doing.

The experience was good and I didn't have any problems with the person I dealt with. The timing can be improved though. The 45 days could have been 30. That will be easier for others, otherwise they will think that it's not working. I had to follow up with the agent to find out what's the status and to make sure that it's going well. However, the agent is very prompt and she replied to me whenever I asked questions. Everything went so smoothly. Everybody came on at the same time and closed it.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Two years ago, I believe HomeDirect donated $5,000 for the military family for Christmas through my wife’s business, the Armed Services YMCA. That swayed us to lean towards their bank a little more than the other ones because I'm a retired military as well. We did the refinance with cash-out and although it took Dirk a day or so to answer my questions a couple of times, I understood I'm not the only person he was dealing with. Plus, if I had any questions that I needed answered, he was there. He walked me through the process and took care of me pretty good.

HomeDirect gave me a lower interest rate for our refinance that it didn’t change much from what I had. The value of my house went up because I've done a lot of upgrades, but we paid off all of my debt except for my cars and my house payment. Then I put money in my savings account to do some more. So, they did everything that I wanted to do plus a little extra. There was also no underhandedness like I've dealt with in the past. They were straightforward with me and I liked that for a change. I appreciated the work that everybody did and I have recommended HomeDirect Mortgage a couple of times.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I researched online to find out what mortgage company had the best rate and best reviews and HomeDirect was at the top so I chose them for my mortgage application for a new home purchase. I was awfully concerned at the beginning because what my reps did was they over-projected everything. So, it was looking like I was going to have to come to the closing table with a lot more money which has given me a lot of concerns. But in the end, I ended up getting money back which was a positive thing but it gave me a lot of heartburn in the process. The main issue I ran into was that I was in transition from active duty military to retirement and they put me in a bind at one point because when I moved across the country, from California to Tennessee, I was under the impression that what I had was good enough to secure the loan.

And they put me in a situation saying, “Well, if you don’t have another job, we're not going to end up closing this loan. You're not going to get the house.” So, that was a bit hairy, but thankfully, it worked out and I was able to secure a position, but not without jumping through hoops. We talked about everything and their reps worked with me really well. Those guys all did a fantastic job all the way around and I'm happy. Furthermore, I had something reapproved before I even went looking. That part was perfect because I was able to do that and have that letter in hand when I went searching. And that was probably the critical piece in getting the offer accepted upfront. I wanted to have a letter in hand before I started looking, I got the letter on the 1st of May and then we found a house on the 15th of May and had an offer secured with the seller by the 18th. So, by having that letter upfront from the guys, that helped out a ton. Overall, it was a 60-day process.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

HomeDirect Mortgage contacted me. They have no loan cost and appraisal cost so I refinanced with them. The loan process was very easy for me and their rep treated me very good. The quality of their service was excellent too. They did a great job, it was a very painless affair and it worked out great.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I'm a realtor and I worked with Julie from HomeDirect Mortgage on quite a few transactions, and she’s wonderful to work with. She’s always so quick to reply. She’s really good at what she does and always professional. I know that she’s going to take good care of my clients, and she does the same with me. love Julie, and I direct all of my clients to her too. I reached out to Julie when I applied for a conventional loan program. I let her know that I was going to be selling my home and I’m getting a new home. It was super painless. I provided her the documents that she requested then I got a preapproval letter right away, so I knew how much I could shop for.

The whole process was super easy. She was quick to reply and is always spot on. Sometimes, I have to tell her to go to bed because it is late. I know that she’s two hours ahead of me but she’ll still get back to me even if I had to send her an email at 10:00, which is midnight her time. Working with a lender from a realtor perspective is really important. I rely on all parties in the transaction to reply in a timely manner. And I’m closing one with her at the end of the month for a client. She has been a godsend and she needs a raise. My experience with HomeDirect has been awesome.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I am first-time home buyer and I got a 30-year conventional loan with HomeDirect. I shopped around for a while and Ryan seemed to be the best so I ended up using HomeDirect. Ryan explained how it worked and was really helpful. I was impressed that he met me on my day off and he gave me his personal cellphone number. We texted and just kept back and forth. The loan was ready to go before I needed. It was just the builder was the one dragging his feet. And Ryan also followed up with the builder really well and encouraged him to finish the house besides me. I also liked that HomeDirect paid off the PMI. That was nice.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

LendingTree gave us some quotes and HomeDirect Mortgage was the most competitive. Our mortgage officer delivered everything that he said he was going to do on time. The application was mostly handled via email and it was very user-friendly and upfront. It was a very honest transaction. We got the Jumbo VA loan for a home purchase, which a lot of people are scared to do, but there were no problems with their bank so I was very impressed. I recommended HomeDirect to a friend of mine who's looking to buy a home and we'll definitely look to get at least a quote if we need to get mortgage services again.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

HomeDirect was much better than the last one we had and their rep got to the phone right away whereas our last experience, nobody would return our calls or e-mails were very seldom. This was nice that we could pick up the phone and he would call us back within a few minutes, especially since we were buying a house from out of the country. I was transferred in my job and my husband applied online for a VA loan for our new home. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience and it took a lot of the stress away from us. I have recommended HomeDirect and the specific guy that we were dealing with to others already.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

We were buying a new house and getting a loan sometimes can be a bit difficult when you're coming out after military and I was in between jobs, too. But Katie, the loan officer did a really good job and she got through. She was on top of the communication and there weren't too many questions that I had that she couldn't answer. It's my fourth-time loan purchase so I was well-versed on it. I had tried a couple of other places and it was not going so well. With HomeDirect, they allowed us to get a loan, they have good communication and smooth process. I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I wanted to buy a new house so I applied for a VA mortgage loan with HomeDirect. I was talking to somebody who knew what he was talking about so, we were good to go. I started four months ago and their process was long. They also need to spruce up their website since it's hard to navigate. But I was well taken care of and I had an amazing experience with them. I got my rep's office and cellphone number and he called me if I needed something, if he needed something or if the bank needed something. When I called his cellphone number, he answered and it didn’t matter what time I called. He always put me at ease with everything. He was even spot on with all the money and knew everything I was going to be on a contract.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

HomeDirect had a great interest rate so I applied for VA loan to buy a house. I did the paperwork and I talked to their rep who was really good. We did some credit checks and profiles. He did all his things and I gave him all my information. I also liked the way that they contacted me. They kept me in the loop about what was going on and were accessible. However, I’m a 100% disabled vet paying taxes, and it seems like they can’t get my escrow account together. I have $3,000 in my escrow account and my payment is only $2,200 a year so I’m trying to figure out why they’re still taking money out of my escrow account. I talked to a representative last September and yesterday, I called again and talked to a supervisor because I didn’t get a phone call back. He said he’s going to look into it because it shouldn’t be that way but I haven't got a call back yet. Other than that, I had a great first time experience with HomeDirect Mortgage.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I enjoyed working with HomeDirect Mortgage, and I was able to buy a house. They had the lowest rate, and I was called by one of their representatives almost immediately after I requested for a quote. The representatives did a really good job. They were very attentive, transparent and they worked quickly through the whole process. They walked us through it and got us a pretty good offer. They laid out exactly what we would be paying every month and all the fees and everything associated with the closing. It took us three weeks to finalize all the paperwork, which was reasonable. I would recommend them, and I'd go with them again in the future.

HomeDirect Mortgage Company Information