Find a Mortgages partner

2. Mortgages

4.8/5 (1711 ratings)
Find a Mortgages partner
Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

About BOK Financial Mortgage

BOK Financial offers online mortgage origination. Its automated application eases the hassle of applying for a mortgage and lets you work with an experienced mortgage banker to guide you through the loan process. It offers refinancing and conventional, FHA, jumbo, VA and advanced medical professional mortgage loan options.

Top BOK Financial Mortgage Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Verified

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

About BOK Financial mortgages

BOK Financial, or Bank of Oklahoma Financial, offers a diverse selection of mortgage products and financing options with online applications (the website claims applying should take less than 20 minutes). It’s a good option for homebuyers who otherwise can't find a loan that meets their needs. When you apply for a BOK Financial loan, a representative will contact you and work to build a one-on-one relationship for when you have any questions or concerns.

How do BOK Financial mortgages work?

BOK Financial helps you find a home loan that fits your needs. Whether you’re a first-time homebuyer or buying a vacation home, it offers several options for financing or refinancing a mortgage. BOK Financial offers the following mortgage products:

• Home loans: If you’re a homebuyer, you can apply online and contact a rep to find out more about your mortgage options.
  • Mortgage refinancing: If you want to lower your monthly mortgage payments and interest rates, refinancing your mortgage is a good option. BOK Financial has a handy refinancing calculator on its website to help you decide if refinancing is worth it for you.
  • Home equity loans: BOK Financial offers home equity loans for times when you need extra cash; with this type of loan, the company waives all closing costs as an added perk.
  • Home equity line of credit: These loans have a home equity credit line of up to 85% of what your home is worth. This option offers flexible payment plans and charges interest rates only for the amount you borrow.

BOK Financial doesn't offer a ton of information on its application process online, but it does seem relatively easy to apply. Once you’re on the website, you can enter your ZIP code and start the process. BOK Financial prioritizes a one-on-one experience, though, so a mortgage banker will also walk you through the process.

BOK Financial mortgage rates

Mortgage rates vary widely due to the nature of the market and depending on the loan amount. While BOK Financial recommends customers check rates with a representative, it does offer a glance at its fixed rates on its website. It also provides adjustable-rate loans with competitive down payment requirements. For more pricing information, call or visit BOK Financial to get in contact with a representative who can give you an accurate quote for your mortgage financing.

BOK Financial mortgage FAQ

Where are BOK Financial’s mortgages available?
BOK Finacial's website specifies its products and programs aren’t available everywhere, but you'll need to call an agent to verify its service locations.
What types of products does BOK Financial offer?
BOK Financial offers mortgage, refinancing and home equity loans.
Who owns BOK Financial?
George Kaiser is the majority owner of BOK Financial.
Where is BOK Financial located?
BOK Financial is located in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Can I pay my mortgage online with BOK Financial?
Yes, you can pay online quickly with BOK Financial's online bill pay program.

Is BOK Financial a good mortgage company?

BOK Financial offers several mortgage products with competitive rates, flexible options and one-on-one customer service from its representatives. It's a good option for Oklahoma residents looking for more flexible and personalized financing for their mortgages. Although its website isn't completely clear about its service area, it might be a good option for you if you prefer one-on-one service to an online financing experience.

BOK Financial Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BOK Financial Mortgage?

Original review: July 20, 2021

Don't ever ever put your money there. I have had so many problems of them refusing to give me my money. They make up excuses, they shut your account down, and when you call them they don't answer, can't help it actually hang up on you. Right now they shut my account down and won't respond to me.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

BOK Financial Mortgage and BOK Financial customer service is horrible! Talking to cust. srv ALWAYS requires a minimum of 30 minutes on hold. I requested a payoff statement for a refi. They *only* snail-mail them, and it took more than 3 weeks, holding up my refi. Of course, they have a recorded statement all days and times, "we are experiencing higher than normal call volumes, we apologize for the wait." Nonsense! Call volumes are what they are. If you call to apply for a new loan, there is no wait time, but once you are their customer they simply don't care. AVOID BOK Financial at all costs!

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 1, 2020

We refinanced the mortgage that we had with them. The process was fairly automated. The website is very nice where I could upload the documents and respond to the questions. The representative from the specific bank was very helpful. He was very responsive. I would get a response to my email within just a couple of hours. It was a pretty straightforward process. It took about a month from the time that it was locked in to the time that I finally signed all the papers. Overall, I like the ease of getting ahold of these people and having them respond back. Everything went really smoothly.

Original review: March 28, 2020

We took a VA loan from BOK Financial. We were buying a house and we already had them before. Getting the mortgage was pretty simple. I was comfortable with their rep. They told me what documents they needed. Application took 30 minutes, and anytime they needed anything or any updates, they called me and let me know. I got a good rate, too.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I wasn’t having any luck at my credit union. Somebody told me to try a bank and that Bank of Oklahoma was a good place to do that. I applied online and then somebody contacted me. She did my application and got me approved for it. She was in Kansas where she made it kinda difficult. But she was always available and we just did everything over the phone and on email. The process went real well. The only thing that I didn’t like was a lady that was helping me with all this said it was the FDA that required so much information. But other than that, it was fine to me. My interest rate is really good.

Original review: March 23, 2020

BOK Financial reached out to me to find out if I wanted to refinance because it was an opportunity to get rid of my PMI and lower my mortgage payment. Their rep, Michelle, was great. She was extremely helpful and responsive. She walked me through the process. I also had an issue with the notary. It was supposed to be a situation where they would come to my home but the person called me and spent a great deal of time talking to me about how allergic they are to pets, and I'd have to confine my dogs. Then he didn’t wanna come to my house because even the fact there had been dogs here would be a problem. I told him that it was his job to go to people's homes. It was getting dramatic.

We made arrangements to meet at a nearby Starbucks. The guy went to the wrong Starbucks and they got salty with me on the phone because he was in the wrong place. I provided them the feedback because, at that point, it was like a comic relief in that respect, but Michelle definitely took steps to make sure it was resolved. I wasn't looking for financial compensations but she said that it was just ridiculous and we couldn't have that. They refunded a portion of the cost.

There was a pretty significant difference between the initial conversations we had, the estimate of what the closing cost would be, and what they actually ended up being. It was something that really struck me when I got the final paperwork. But at that point, I was so far down the road and I still went forward with it. Michelle was able to explain to me why that was the case. She was willing to talk to me through the concerns I had.

Original review: March 22, 2020

I had a refi with BOK. The overall experience with them was good. Their rate is lower than the big banks and they can match the bigger banks’ offer. The process took around 21 days from the time I contacted their rep to closing. The website was really good. When the rep updated, I got an email saying something’s updated so I don't have to call him to see the status.

Original review: March 21, 2020

BOK Financial came from a personal recommendation and we also have some friends that have used them through the years. We ended up using them and it went extremely well. We're very pleased with our loan officer and his assistant. They made the process very easy. They communicated extremely often and they were very clear and concise. The person that came to give us and do all the signing did a great job, too. It was effortless so we were very pleased with the whole process. Their rates were also better than anybody that we talked to.

Original review: March 20, 2020

My cousin had recommended it and a specific officer. He said he had a good experience with them. The loan officer that I dealt with was good. He was very good at communicating via email and that was his main form of communication. But we talked on the phone a couple of times. My previous loan officer that I worked with in a previous institution was more communicative via phone calls and text messages. But my BOK loan officer was fine. He just chose more email so I had to adjust to that. Everything was good. I was very happy.

Original review: March 19, 2020

It went excellent with the BOK Financial rep. They requested documentation, I gave it to them, and they were happy with it. That’s pretty much it and it went smoothly. The process took maybe a month. Everything was online for us, so if there's anybody who doesn’t have computers, they're out of luck. We were fortunate in the fact that my brother-in-law’s wife is very good at computer work. That’s what she does for a living, and so she handled most of our transactions. Otherwise, I truly would've been lost.

BOK Financial Mortgage Company Information