Call toll free
4.78/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

HomeDirect Mortgage is an online only ‘direct’ lender that specializes in obtaining home loans at great rates for our clients. Our automated online application process will save you time and money. HomeDirect has experienced mortgage bankers to help guide you every step of the mortgage process. Contact us today to learn more about HomeDirect Mortgage.

HomeDirect Mortgage, a division of BOKF, NA. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender.

HomeDirect Mortgage Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1206 HomeDirect Mortgage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I had a great experience with Home Direct especially With John **. He made the process so easy. He responded timely with all correspondence and was so knowledgeable, I felt very confident in his ability to handle my refinance. We actually closed a week early! I will definitely reach out to Home Direct again.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Great service. We really enjoy working with Steve. We contacted him when we were getting a new mortgage because he provided great service when we did a refinance through him. We would definitely recommend HomeDirect mortgage to our friends and family.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Our mortgage went up to 5.5% and we contacted our local lenders which were unable to help us. Thru Zillow, I found Home Direct agent Aspen **. She walked us thru everything and was always there to answer questions and assist with helping us refinance. She helped us refinance with Home Direct with a rate of 4.75%. Our local lenders didn't go below 5.5%. If it wasn't for Aspen ** & Home Direct we would have had to sell our home but Home Direct enabled us to keep our home and have a rate we're satisfied with. I strongly recommend Aspen ** at Home Direct.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Shawn ** and Terri ** were so helpful and encouraging during our loan process. Just a great group to work with. Always kept us informed along the way, answered all our questions quickly and understandably. It took less than 30 days from start to finish our refinance loan!!! They are truly a great team... thanks.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I wanted to buy a house. I searched on Google for quotes and HomeDirect Mortgage had a decent offer. The application process took a few weeks and the rep always followed up. I liked the process and the rate and terms of the mortgage that I received.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeDirect Mortgage?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

We went with HomeDirect because of Mark specifically. Even though other companies have better rates or a little bit extra money towards closing, the experience he provided was invaluable and worth like everything we got. He was there at every turn and he anticipated things underwriting was gonna need, so we always had the forms in before they needed it. We had a very rigid closing structure that we needed based on where we were living and the fact that we were buying from a family member, closing on time was very important to us.

I tell everybody about him. I'm happy to do further stuff and I would strongly recommend for Mark. He's very experienced in the field and he was always accessible. He gave me his personal cell number and we exchanged texts every weekend, so he put a lot of concern, things that could fester aren't actually a threat. He was able to disarm some of those concerns way earlier and we've been talking for almost years as this matured and even though I wasn’t really even in the window into getting this home. He gave me the time and talked to me for an hour while trying to get kind of a planning strategy to save for it. So, there was definitely a partnership there, far beyond a commission. If we ever buy and I'm sure we'll buy more properties, I'll go with Mark.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I applied for a mortgage at HomeDirect when I bought my new home. Their rates were lower compared to other lenders. The online application process was pretty smooth. From start to finish, the application and underwriting process took about a month. I worked with a loan officer named James and he was easy to work with and stayed on top of everything. I find it nice that I could contact him any time, even after business hours. Working with HomeDirect made things easier.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

HomeDirect offered the lowest interest rates that I was able to find. I applied for a mortgage for a new home purchase and the whole process took roughly 25 days. The process was not difficult and the rep I worked with was friendly and informative. It seemed like Brian was doing the best he could to get us what we wanted and needed. Working with HomeDirect got me a home and it all went pretty straightforward. I appreciate the work that was done on my behalf.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I was buying a house and I applied for a mortgage. I went online and requested a couple of quotes. I also talked to a couple of different companies and HomeDirect offered zero dollar fees. They also had the best rate I found. The online application process was very self-explanatory and easy to get through. The rep I worked with, Jordan, was easy to contact. He gave me his phone number and let me text him stuff. I didn't have to submit it through a portal, I could just send everything right to him. He was very available to address any questions or concerns I had. The whole thing took two weeks to complete. I expected it to take a little longer but it was quicker than I thought. Working with HomeDirect let me buy a house.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

We were purchasing a new home and went for a VA loan with HomeDirect. The online application process was very easy compared to our last home mortgage. The rep told us that the application and underwriting process would take a certain amount of days but it was a lot shorter time. Dave, our lender, was amazing. He was one of the nicest people I've worked with. Everything, he was on it immediately. He answered any questions I had and he was always available to talk. I was very comfortable with the entire process and HomeDirect's customer service was wonderful. If I had any questions, I would call and the reps would answer the phone or call me back immediately. By working with HomeDirect, we got a new home that we love and we have them to thank for it.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

We were buying a new home and because our lender guy, David, whom we've used before, transferred to HomeDirect, we went with them. I did everything online. I did not have to go into someone's office. I could do things on my own time and on my own computer so it was a little bit easier. I also got the status update through their website. David just reached out whenever he needed me to do something. The whole business went pretty smooth. HomeDirect was better than another company that I was talking to.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

We bought the house we've been renting for three and a half years and got a mortgage. I went on the web like everybody does on LendingTree, and people started calling me. HomeDirect was one of those people and over the process of talking to multiple people I felt they were being more honest. We had some issues on the seller side and they worked hard and came through with the process to try to get everything resolved. We started the last week of December and we closed on the 31st of January. They did a fantastic job. The loan originator that I talked to, to begin with, was very helpful, knowledgeable, and walked us through the whole process. The rates were also better than I anticipated.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

We were buying our first home and went with a VA home loan. Then, we went through a third-party one that sent us lots of different quotes from tons of different mortgage companies. HomeDirect Mortgage had a much better interest rate right off the bat and they were able to waive a lot of fees for us that were associated with the VA home loan and other closing costs. On top of that, they were able to work it out, so I was able to waive my property taxes and monthly mortgage in my escrow because I showed them that I qualified for a property tax-free in my area. None of the other companies were willing to do any of those things. Shawn was our rep and he was very helpful, knowledgeable, and extremely easy to get a hold of any time of the day or night. He was also willing to talk to me and my wife any time we send emails.

HomeDirect ran both of me and my wife's credit and they got us our interest rate, which was a much better interest rate and then, we eventually picked our house and we settled on it. We picked the closing date and they locked it for us. The process was much faster. Everything was pretty much handled within two weeks, besides all the extra stuff that we were doing. We were just tying that up as we got closer to our closing date ‘cause it was two months away. The lending process itself was really easy. The only thing that I need to get a hold of them and find out was they ran my credit again after I closed. That wasn't good and I didn't know why they did that. That would be my only complaint at the moment and that might get resolved.

I'm happy with HomeDirect. They definitely made it pretty stress-free as far as the whole process of buying our first home. They went out of their way to work out all those extra little things for me. I don't have to worry about my taxes every month, which is over $1,000 in my home. They made things much easier for me at the end of the day.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Our Realtor put us in contact with Ronald of HomeDirect and kinda went through it that way. We considered other lenders but he was quicker to get what we wanted and he was able to provide us the best rate upfront. Ronald was very easy to get in touch with. If we couldn't get him to answer right then, he usually called back pretty soon afterward.

This is our first time buying a house so the entire thing was a trial by fire, and every step through it was marred with some sort of ridiculous bureaucracy that I’m not used to 'cause I'm in the army. There was quite a bit of paperwork I needed to fill out. I bought plenty of things before and buying a house was probably could have been the most absolutely painful thing in the world for us. For somebody to sit there and tell me exactly how much my mortgage is gonna be for a month was just absolutely ridiculous. But our Realtors and Ronald were really good. They made it as painless as possible although there was still a lot of red tape to go through no matter how easy they tried to make it. It wasn't anything on our part or on their part, it was just the process itself. It was going through the motions.

I'd like to sit and write it out in person and I'm not a fan of doing things online. However, due to the distance, it wasn't feasible. We bought a house in Georgia while I was living in Louisiana, and our mortgage is out of Oklahoma where a VA coming from Washington, DC. So, the online was literally the only way to do it other than mailing the document or we wouldn't have gotten the process done in 35 days.

I would have liked to have seen a list of, "This is how it works.” Show me the brass tacks, almost like a flowchart, instead of showing me the closing documentation which everything is categorized by number and then explaining to me by number what each piece of it is and where each individual or fee went to. It seemed like every time I turned around, there was some sort of fee that--not necessarily we always had to pay. Sometimes, the seller had to pay it or pulled out of the good interest money.

They could just give me a piece of paper or two, tell me everybody that's involved, and where they're coming out of, because there were a couple of times where I saw there was a charge coming out of some other location, and that was some obscure fee that we had to go through this guy to get that kind of deal. A lot of that would probably have been easier had we all been able to sit down in one location and go over everything.

There were some errors the day before closing that we picked up out of the CDO, that had we all been able to just sit down and talk about it, we would have seen it. It was later explained to us it wasn't an error, but there was some miscommunication. It had us down for an interest rate of 4.75% and when we explained that we were gonna buy down to 4, which was the lowest we could buy down to, they said okay and that would be the rate we'd get on our closing document. The day before closing comes around, they said no and that needed to reflect what we were gonna buy it down to. Our Realtor called Ronald and they had a conversation. Towards the end, communication needs to be more, rather than less, as opposed to any other point in the process.

All of this was kinda new to me. It took me a while to wrap my head around that my interest rate was something that was locked in at that time whatever the market would say it would be, but I could only buy it down so much. I find that kind of ridiculous and that to me doesn't make any sense. That was never really explained to me why I couldn't do that. I had to go do my own research, which a lot of this was me doing my own research. They should be upfront and maybe have a brief explanation as to why I couldn't buy down past 4. But it was more of a pleasant experience than it could have been. The lender was very professional and really helped us through the process. All the comments I just made aside, they did actually a really good job, and we appreciate it.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

We had a construction loan that went on an ARM after six years. We wanted to get that out of the way and get it done so we had it refinanced. The guy from HomeDirect seemed like he had all the answers and he did all the stuff that he needed to do quickly. He was always prepared and organized. He brought points to bring the rate down and we were happy with what we got for as the rates were going up at that time. We went with a VA loan and the application process took about a month since they were waiting for us to do some stuff as far as different inspections that went. HomeDirect was really efficient and quick with the paperwork. We'd recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

HomeDirect had the best rate from my research. Their application process turned out to be straightforward. It was all online. The rep, Mark, was great too. He was extremely knowledgeable and explained things as I needed it. At that time, I liked the rates. 30 days later the mortgage rates went down. I would have liked to see my rate also go down, but I was locked in. Nevertheless, we got through the process, and we got through quick.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I was going through USAA which is usually top-of-the-line when it comes to customer service and availability but HomeDirect blew them even out of the water when it comes to getting a low-interest rate and better terms. They were also rated the highest with the best reviews and with better interest rate than I could find anywhere else. The online application process was smooth and easy. There was no complication and it was a secure site with good questions. Casey, the rep I worked with, was very knowledgeable and responded to any questions or calls in a timely manner. She also made sure that as a first-time buyer, I understood every step of the process. The application and underwriting process at HomeDirect took two weeks to complete. They were able to put me in my first home and provided the ability for me to start and raise a family in a secure location with financial stability.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I looked at several different lenders, then I went out and looked at HomeDirect's website and logged in and was able to find my way around. It was quick and they were willing to give me a good interest rate. I was a little nervous at the beginning, dealing with an online organization that I couldn't walk down there and tell them I've got a problem. I decided to give the online a shot with HomeDirect and I was very happy with it. The underwriting took three weeks which I thought was pretty fast. But part of it was waiting on the lawyers to do the final paperwork. We got to a point where we couldn't go any further until we have the final closing statement.

The gentleman I was working with was very responsive. I could get ahold of him, or if I left a message, he’d call me right back or email me. He had another guy that was helping him. They were asking for standard normal documentation, which as someone who's retired, I wasn't able to provide. I didn't have the $40,000 I needed in my checking account. I had to pull it out of my retirement account and put it in my checking account, but I wasn't able to provide a bank statement because I had to wait 30 days to get another one. The guys wouldn't accept a statement from my retirement account because that was not normal. Most people don't have access to retirement accounts, because they're not 59 and a half. So, to withdraw money out of my IRA or 401(k), I have to be over 59 and a half. Normally, most people can't use those accounts to qualify for the loan.

I said to the guy that I'm taking a $350,000 mortgage, and I got $3 million in the bank, and they tell me that I don't qualify. He said that I couldn't use that money. I told him that I could and they needed to go back and figure this out. They came back quickly and within the same day, they said that they would confirm and take it. HomeDirect was easy and they were right on the ball. I was very pleased with them.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I got a 30-year fixed mortgage for a new home purchase with HomeDirect and the online application process was easy. I work at BOK and they started with the gentleman that was in my office. In about three weeks in, he said he couldn't handle it so he had to transfer it. So, we had to send everything again, which was not very convenient but I understood why. That took another three weeks. Dave, the person I worked with, was easy to get a hold of and I felt very comfortable working with him. However, my realtor had problems getting reports back that we are good to go. While it wasn't Dave's fault, whoever he works with, my real estate person had trouble with them.

There could've been a little bit more communication as far as like what was needed and when it was needed. I kept getting emails saying that I had updates but every time I click on it, it wouldn't tell what the update was. Home Direct should clear emails that they're gonna be sending. Nevertheless, the rates and terms were great. I’m an employee so, I got some extra perks and by working with HomeDirect, I have a home.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I work for Bank of Oklahoma and I applied for a mortgage with HomeDirect through them. They had the best rates given the employee discounts. I had to take advantage of it and I wanted to get out of PMI and I had an FHA loan. The process was extremely easy. They were in the underwriting within two days and it was crazy how fast it went. The first day I approached them about getting one was on January 2nd and we closed on January 25th. It was less than a month. Also, the rep I worked with, Aspen, kept me informed every step of the way and she was extremely responsive. It was the best mortgage experience, for a refinance, that I've ever had. It could not have been an easier process for me. They made it all extremely simple and fast.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

HomeDirect has no origination fee. I was working with a different company, and they have origination fee. I did not like that. The process at HomeDirect was also very straightforward. I was very pleased with the whole experience. I liked the fact that a lot of it was done online. There was not a lot of physical paper required. I was able to e-sign most of the documents. There was not a lot of back and forth.

Also any question, the rep promptly replied. He was very courteous, very professional and any concerns that I had, he got back to me very quickly via email or through the phone. Their rates were also very competitive. I'm happy with the decision I made. I was given a clear list of what was needed for me. Once I provided that, the process just kept moving forward. The process was very, very fast. I'm going to recommend this company with whoever I know is gonna be looking for a mortgage.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

My experience with HomeDirect was pretty good. John, the guy that I was working with, was upfront and straightforward, like he would actually write everything out and itemize fees and cost. There was no ambiguity where a lot of the other ones was like, "Oh, we can you this rate," but they weren't really giving a great deal of information on how many fees that were gonna come potentially once I've stepped into it. The way he approached it was very good. The transparency was important to me and I felt that he wasn't trying to hide anything. He was making sure I was informed before making a decision. He's a 30-year veteran in this so he knew how things went and it was very evident that he was competent. He sold me by giving information and facts, not just smoke and mirrors type thing. I was very happy and he was very helpful through the whole thing.

The online application and the underwriting process went pretty smooth. We set a date near the end of January and the sellers were needing to move it up, and so we moved it up like five days. So everything was well in place by that time to be able to do that. I thought that the way the online website interface work basically, I just went in and they said, "This is what we need, and that would give you a task," and then I would just go down through the tasks and upload the documents into that portal.

If I emailed John and his assistant, they were very responsive. Anytime they felt something that needed like a personal touch, they would just give me a phone call and say that they put this in there and they wanna make sure X, Y, and Z just answered me, the things would get done quickly, or get it done correctly so that the process can continue to flow smoothly. They also gave me the best percentage rate that anybody else offered. HomeDirect helped me get a home and I would definitely consider going back to them for sure.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I was looking into getting a mortgage for a new home purchase and I was already in the process at that time with my current lender. We were about 10 days out from closing but I thought that I didn’t wanna work with those guys, so I did a mass search for someone. It was at LendingTree or Bankrate or one of those places where they start in a bunch of calls and I started quizzing everyone that called in to see if I thought they were gonna be good enough to get me closed in those 10 business days. HomeDirect’s online application process was easy and the application and underwriting process took two or three days from the first conversation to getting the initial commitment letter.

My lender, Dick, and his assistant, Terry, were spectacular. I used to be a mortgage officer a few years ago and I had a very negative view of guys who were remote and primarily online or by phone, but they completely shattered my misconceptions. Still, I'm not a huge fan of how they did the e-disclosures and the doc storage. It was a system wherein I get an email, then after a certain number of days, it goes away. It would be nice if there was some way to go into a website, sign in, and have access to your loan estimate, closing disclosures, and all of that in one place. Instead, it was a separate link for each document. Besides that, the experience was awesome and the rate and terms of the mortgage were great. I've already recommended HomeDirect to others.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Initially, my wife and I were thinking of doing some remodeling of the house. We then decided we didn’t wanna take any equity out of it and that we just wanted to change our loan down to a 15-year loan, so we could possibly pay it off while we were alive. I ended up going online and inquiring which is something that put my name out there, and the lady from HomeDirect Mortgage jumped all over it, and it seemed to work out. The application process was smooth. I'm an old-school person who is not really savvy on computers and we did this whole thing over the phone which, by the time it was over, was a neat and easy deal. We had it done within a month.

We didn’t have any issues. We were easy clients to work with and we had good credit. Also, we didn’t have to bring up anything on our credit or needed something to be fixed. That made it easier for the rep to make everything work well. Any questions and anything that we had, she quickly responded and if it needed to be fixed, it got fixed. The rates came in at just about exactly what they said they would when we first started. I knew it was gonna be a little bit higher than the 30-year we had, but the payment ended up just being a little bit more than the 30-year, and we dropped 12 years off of it because we had already paid four into it. We are happy with HomeDirect's refinance and we would definitely tell others to inquire with them. Their information that was sent out was very prompt. I never would have thought 15 years ago that we could refinance a house on a phone. I was proven wrong because that's how it's done now.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I like the fact that HomeDirect doesn't sell the mortgage and that is one key factor why I went with it after my research. I spent 30 plus years with my company before I retired, and I had a mortgage with my company moving every three years. I also had my mortgage with my company’s credit union and they sold the mortgage, and it really pissed me off. Also, HomeDirect was expedient in their response. They did a good job with the online application process and I was really most impressed with. The person that got back to me, Dan, was more professional and actually followed up with a phone call, which personalized the service, which I liked. I looked up his credentials online and in doing that, I wanted to make sure that before I gave all my personal information, that I wasn’t gonna be scammed. So, I was giving questions through the process to make sure that I was not being scammed.

He filled everything out. All I had to do was review and sign off on it. There were only a few minor mistakes and I could just go back and tell him that he needed to do this on the review process, and he would correct it and send it back. And then, I would review it and electronically sign it. There were three pieces of paperwork that were not in the electronic paperwork and at that point, I sold my house in Houston and I was in a build. I didn’t have my home office and so I couldn't fax, print out, or easily sign and get the stuff back to him. I would have preferred everything electronically where I could’ve reviewed it. Also, we had to do all of the stuff twice and that was a little burdensome. I didn’t know why it had to be like that.

The process started right around June and it didn’t finalize ‘til December because it was a new home build. With a new home build, there are a lot of steps that go through it that needed to be done. And so, the communication loop between Dan, the builder, and the sales agent were dropped quite a few times, and I had to run around and manage that, and I didn’t like that. If I didn't do that and become more of a mini project manager and run around and get things done and make sure that everybody was in contact, then it would delay the closing even further than it was delayed.

The closing became delayed because the assessor didn't call out the appraiser. Once the assessor called up the appraiser, he didn't get back to us that there were problems with the appraiser. It was a minor thing that could have been handled right at the home site and buttoned up. Also, we didn’t know there was a 72-hour wait time before the closing and that wasn’t communicated back. That was all done on a Friday and so that clock didn’t start ‘til Monday morning. The appraiser came back the second time on a Friday afternoon, turned around and came back and redid it. That could have happened two weeks prior and we could have made the original closing date. HomeBridge just needed to be able to wrap up all the communication ‘cause it was dropped and the personal touch was not quite there.

In hindsight, if I would have done this loan differently, I would have gone to a local place and worked with a bank just because I would have had a person. But I got along with Dan really well. If he would have been here, I would have worked with him. I’m not complaining about them, it’s just that there were a lot of little things that couldn't be done over the internet. You have to be able to go in and develop that relationship and go in and take care of things, and sometimes, this is one of them. When you’re running into a wall, you just have to be able to get in the car and take care of it. However, the rate and terms I got were pretty good. I was waiting and waiting, and then interest rates were going up, so I went ahead and locked in. Then Dan got me a little bit of a lower percentage. I’m a veteran, so I went through the VA and that part was good.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

HomeDirect was referred to me when I was looking for a mortgage. The rate that I received was okay although anything can always be improved when it comes to that. I worked with accommodating, friendly and helpful reps and their application process was easy.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I was researching online, trying to call and shop around for a mortgage, and I came upon HomeDirect. Their rates were similar with the other companies but when it came down to total closing costs, I was swayed to go with HomeDirect because there were no administrative fees with them and that was really helpful. Then, for the rate that I got, I also got a credit at closing and no other company was doing that. Their online application process was easy and everything went well. Then, it was a few days before we got the approval and the process was completed in 60 days.

HomeDirect's reps worked very well with me to close the loan. Specifically, Ryan, the rep who assisted me, was reachable and kept me updated. We worked with a builder to get the house built, so he was included on all the emails and correspondence. He also kind of weighed in when he needed to update me in the loop and I was very comfortable with him. Aside from that, I was very pleased with the terms of the mortgage and I’d recommend HomeDirect.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I had some friends recommend an agent that they knew personally. So I called their mortgage guy, and we went through the process and it worked out. He was really helpful and did a good job. He followed up on stuff and took care of business, and he was helpful with my situation. I was happy with the rate that I got. The only thing I had a little issue with was once I closed, I didn’t get any mail or any information. I had to follow up so I'd figured out when my payment was due. I got emails or questionnaire about my experience before I got any information about my actual loan. So, that was a little confusing, and it kinda threw me off a little bit. But other than that, I was pretty happy with my experience with HomeDirect.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I am a veteran and when I purchased a new home, I applied for refinancing with HomeDirect as they represented the VA. Their application process was simple and it took about two months for the underwriting and application process. I was able to contact their customer service through phone but, I would rather have the lending process done face-to-face than online. HomeDirect needs to be a little more straightforward with their overall process and improve in getting better numbers back to the person buying a house.

Moreover, the rates I got could have been better. I had excellent credit but they did not do enough to keep my mortgage payment down. I am smart with money and I did my own calculations. I just hope I don’t struggle. All in all, I’m very dissatisfied with my experience with HomeDirect. They should do more for the veterans instead of saying that they represent the veterans and being one, I don’t think they helped me out as much as they said they were going to.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

After I let my son and his three kids rent and live in the house that I bought, I looked for another house. I looked into getting a mortgage and since I already had one with HomeDirect Mortgage, I figured that getting one from them would be the easiest way to go. Getting ahold of their customer service was easy and my interactions with them were normally done through their website. There were occasional calls too.

The agreement on the house that I was looking at was 100 and HomeDirect pre-approved me at 110. However, when the actual loan came through, it was only 77. The guy figured everything wrong and I didn't qualify for 110. My parents gifted me 25 and that fixed the issue. It would have been nice if HomeDirect informed me about how much I was qualified for upfront. Also, the application and underwriting processes could have been a little faster. It took at least four weeks. One minute, they were asking for this form, and then, later on, they needed another one. It was one thing after the other. But then everything else wasn't too bad.

HomeDirect Mortgage expert review by Michele Lerner

This direct lender is a division of Bank of Oklahoma Financial. It uses the latest technology like an online automated application system to help clients get the money and information they need as efficiently as possible.

• Online application: The online application makes applying for a mortgage easy. With a bit of information, you can submit an application, and a loan officer will contact you directly.

• Mortgage calculators: There are several online calculators free to use. If you have questions about your principle, taxes, APR, refinancing and more, these calculators can help.

• VA loans: This company helps veterans apply for VA loans with specialists trained to make sure you get the service you need.

• Mortgage basics resources: You can access numerous resources that include breakdowns of mortgage terms and costs as well as some FAQs on the website.

• Part of BOKF: This lender subsidiary of the Bank of Oklahoma Financial. This means that they are backed by a multibillion dollar financial company, ensuring your finances are in capable hands.

• Best for: first time homebuyers, people looking for mortgage help and veterans in need of VA loans.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

HomeDirect Mortgage Company Information

11880 College Blvd. #320
Overland Park
KS
855-314-7440
www.homedirectmortgage.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.