Guild Mortgage Company

San Diego, CA

Established in 1960, Guild Mortgage Company is the leading privately-held mortgage company in the United States. Guild makes home ownership possible.

Compare Mortgage Companies

Research top Mortgage Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My experience with Guild began ok, the process was ok. The staff were ok at the beginning. Soon after the nightmare began. Trying to make a payment was like picking needles out of a haystack. You're on hold forever. Let me back this up. The online payment system is a joke and I don't trust these people so I like talking to a human.

I read one of the reviews that said they didn't know why Guild had so many bad reviews. They had no problems. Well like I said in the beginning they were ok. Just wait. You will see the real Guild reveal itself. I did have some reservation about GUILD in the beginning but I chose to ignore because my lease was up and I needed a home. Red flag: My broker changed companies right in the middle of us searching for a home. I owned two homes and never experienced such foolishness. This is a warning. If you're looking for a mortgage company, beware of Guild Mortgage Company. They will make your life a living hell.

Joe ** was able to get me a loan when no one else could. Not only that, but he and his company were very fair. I am a Veteran with NO credit. He got me the loan at a good interest rate and was also more than fair in the charges for the loan. I live in AZ and bought a property in Tucson. My realtor referred me to Joe and told me that if Joe said he could do it then he could. AND HE DID! The staff was easy to work with... nice and friendly. I don't know why the company has such bad reviews because my experience was very positive and I got my home! Joe even came to the closing and bought me some candy and gifts... very nice man!

This company does not even deserve a one star rating. They deserve a zero rating. We purchased our house this last January, they totally ignored the Appraiser's report. If not for my own due diligence we would not have closed on time. Their local office and their home office DO NOT COMMUNICATE!!! Case-in-point, after several months we were and are getting a mountain of offers to refi our VA loan using an Interest Rate Reduction Loan, to be fair we gave Guild the opportunity to compete for our business. They asked us what we wanted and we told them a lower interest rate, smaller payments, and no payments for two months. They promised a better deal so we went with Guild. Their better deal was a rate reduction from 4% to 3.5%, but after all of their fees our payment was reduced by $175.

They promised no payment for two months, but their home office demanded we make our August 2016 payment, our local office in Lakewood, Colorado told us NOT to make the August payment. Their home office told us regardless of the local office and their assurances, if we didn't make the payment they'd put us in default. So we made the payment. Once we closed on the refi, we were informed we would NOT be getting two months, no payments. We'd only be getting one month.

When we explained to our local office what the home office demanded, they told us "Too bad. So sad." They played us from both ends. When I recontacted the home office, they reaffirmed their earlier demand for payment. They both told me they DO NOT COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER! How insane is that? DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS SLIMEY COMPANY! Shop around, do your due diligence and research potential companies. Check with mortgage regulators, BBB, and Customer reviews and Consumer Agencies. Also write down everyone you talk to, record dates and times and get everything in writing.

Please if you are a single mom or first time home owner do not go to this company. THEY LIE, give you false hope, and completely leave you even more in debt than you begun with. My daughters and I are now almost homeless because two weeks until we closed, things changed, and they dropped the ball. They screwed up and we suffer the repercussions. We paid for an inspection, surveying, transferred utilities over and packed our home with 30 day notice to previous landlord and 2 weeks before closing we were all of a sudden no longer approved. Even with an immaculate co-signer they did not offer any help in other loans or services and just left us hanging. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY...This one is located in Longview, Texas. Sincerely - broken hearted broken pocketed single mother.

I won't go into the lengthy experience but I will definitely warn others to beware of this company. Every person we dealt with was unprofessional and unqualified. Over 60 days to close FHA loan? The whole process was unorganized and we had a total of 6 closing dates that the loan officer, Samuel **, failed to meet. We eventually closed but with unnecessary headache. This company is ran more like a bank than a mortgage company with their closings. Horrible experience!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guild Mortgage Company?

I applied for a loan on their website on a Sunday. I never received any phone calls or emails from them all week. On Saturday I received the letter with my credit score and explanations they are required to send when they pull your credit. Nothing else. “No, Thanks for applying but sorry,” or “You can get this much mortgage.” Very poor customer service. If this is how they treat applicants I hate to see how they are with account holders. I will be using a different mortgage company.

Frankly, Tom ** with Guild Mortgage is dishonest. Recommendation: avoid. This is a guy who doesn't realize or perhaps care that his influence over the purchase of your home can have a lasting impact on you and your family. He is untrustworthy and lacks scruples. Perhaps my dealings with him were when the finance industry was more poorly regulated, but given the chance he will mislead you, not find loans that are ideal for you but sure to maximize his reward, and surprise you at the loan closing table with a host of unpleasant surprises. Also, if he was recommended to you by your realtor, it would be a good idea to dump both of them and find someone new to help you find a home. Good luck!

I was contacted by Guild regarding refinancing my home at a lower interest rate about 2 months ago. Considering that when I bought my home it was financed through Guild but sold to a bank I was all for it. The original dealings with them was not perfect but not horrible. I was lead to believe that I would end up with about 1,400 in my pocket when I told them I did not want any out of pocket expenses. I am single so finances stay tight. I was supposed to close on June 27th with my first payment being on Aug 1. Then it got moved to June 30 then to July 1... I have to pay almost as much as my house payment with my first payment being due on Sept 1. I drove the 45 mins to meet with the notary leaving work early to make the appt time. I received a call from the notary stating he had not received the closing docs yet.

As soon as I could I sent an email asking what was going on. Guild dropped the ball for the third time!!! No signing was happening so at this point I have no clue when we are closing, how much I need for out of pocket or if I can even enjoy my 4th of July weekend since I have no clue how much spending money I might have. Mind you when I mentioned that I was not happy with what it is costing I was informed they were incurring most of the cost. Bull!!! They tack it onto your loan!!! Very very disappointed and angry that they have no respect for playing with people's time or finances.

Ron and team made sure to close in 30 days and made it easy. I can't recommend them high enough.

0 communication. Always has an excuse why communication could not be established. Called corporate to have them check on lender to make sure they were still alive. That's how bad the communication was. Not very organized. Buying a house is a nightmare because people like this make it that way. It really does not have to be this bad but when lenders and real estate agents cant communicate it's a nightmare. I would no recommend them. I only used them cause a friend recommended them. Horrible communication and I'm still not done yet, we close hopefully in 4 days. If the lender does not communicate with me we may lose the house altogether and then I would have to ask for money back from Guild, and if they refused I'd have to sue them for the money. Stay away from Guild, they will only make buying a house more miserable than it should be.

Guild Mortgage Savannah Office - It was a discouraging experience as a first time buyer using this mortgage broker. As a potential first time buyer I made it clear to the broker working my loan application that I was interested in the Georgia Dream down payment assistance program. I emailed her consistently asking about our eligibility. She told me we were not eligible due my credit score not being high enough, but she can rapid re-score and let me know what I need to do. I told her in an email, that if I was not eligible for down payment assistance at this time then I will wait until my score meets the minimum. She assured me everything will be fine. This went on for a while, when I asked again about the down payment assistance, she told me that I was ineligible due the household income limit was 59000.00 (this is for a household of two).

I explained to her there were five people in my home. She got the names and ages of my other children. I kept insisting that if we were not eligible for down payment assistance, then I will wait. She told me everything with be fine. When informed her that I lost a source of income, she did not say that she could not do the loan. She said she had to reconfigure it. She told me everything looked good, even quoted a payment of 828.30 on 3/11. I forwarded the broker a home insurance quote I received from Allstate with a lower rate as she requested. I sent emails thereafter requesting application status. She either opened my emails and did not respond (from my work email I can tell when a message is read) or she responded with "I will get back to you."

The letter she sent to the real estate agent and seller gave the impression that in spite of my losing a source of income, that she is working to close the deal, the letter did say specifically that she could not make it work. In the end, I lost my earnest money and money spent for the housing/termite inspection, a total of 790.00. My suggestion for anyone wanting to buy a house utilizing the down payment assistance program will be to apply for the program first to see if you qualify, then contact a mortgage broker and if you do not meet the minimum credit score, wait until you do or you could be on the losing end as I was.

I am Realtor in Las Vegas and was introduced to the loan officer Nick through my coworker. I suggested to my client that he work with Guild. 5 MONTHS AGO was when the nightmare began and my client and I are still dealing with their nonsense daily. I have had to extend the contract 5 times to allow for them to complete paperwork and 1 week out from close they still do not have Underwriter approval. Client’s earnest money at risk and no one there seems to care or show any sense of urgency. Nick's boss is his cousin so no accountability there and their boss Stacie keeps deferring contact and sending me and my client back to Nick who for whatever reason is unable to hold anyone accountable or be accountable. I have been in the Real Estate business for over 7 years and have never witnessed a circus like this. If you want your loan to close and want a low stress experience run for your life if anyone suggests using Guild. Never again!!!

These people should not be allowed to be in business. Ridiculous, unorganized, repeated and redundant requests for nonsense. No sense of deadlines or any sense of urgency. And, the real deal killer is that they act offended when you express dissatisfaction with their non-existent service and ludicrous excuses for failure to perform. Apparently they think their behaviors are acceptable. Unfortunately the only reason anyone would continue with their sham is because they are so far in... That there is no way out other than to try and close the deal. GUILD = STRESS + DISAPPOINTMENT and that is way too kind. Nightmare.

I was pre-approved for a loan - I actually found a house I was interested in and we set a date to close for the end of June. Because my loan officer wasn't getting paid she put our loan on the back burner. Needless to say we had to extend the closing date several times, now the seller is asking for more money to extend it one last time and we still do not have a clear to close. Our application has been to underwriting three times and they have all the paperwork that was requested. Before we give up any more money we would like to know that we will be able to close but the loan officer cannot give us a direct yes or no. We have decided to just cut our losses because it's just too stressful dealing with someone who has a very bad attitude.

I applied for an FHA loan out of the box on/about jun 8th, 2015. Immediately the broker had my credit report (because I brought a current one and disclosed all, including 2 short sales from 3+ years ago). Even so, the broker said the FHA loan would be "no problem" with my salary and my credit report, as long as we got a certain minimum score, which we did. He set the settlement date at July 10, knowing my new job start date was July 20. Beginning July 6th, furniture on truck, me just pulling away from east coast of US, I am told settlement needs to be moved to July 17 because "paperwork is needed". I am dumbfounded!! What paper? I have sent everything that was asked. Now someone else is asking for things that I offered the other broker and was told wasn't needed, plus things I already sent.

My furniture has to go into storage for 4 days and be re-delivered costing me additional $4000.00 because it was insured, so needed to keep it with that company to keep the insurance intact until I received it. Then, on July 13th, broker tells me they need to have the "first 2 PAYCHECKS FROM MY NEW JOB!! THIS IS STANDARD FOR FHA WITH SHORTSALES IN CREDIT HISTORY!!!" Homeowner wasn't willing to wait another 3 weeks for me to get those stubs. I had an employment contract in addition to the employment letter, but that wasn't good enough.

I lost the earnest $$$ of over $2500.00 plus $500.00 home inspection they told me I had to pay, plus $100.00 pool inspection. I WOULD HAVE NEVER GIVEN AN EARNEST DEP. IF THE BROKER KNEW THEIR BUSINESS AND HAD TOLD ME ABOUT THE PAYCHECK STUB REQUIREMENT, WHICH WAS SUPPOSEDLY STANDARD, SINCE I (AND THEY) KNEW MY WORK START DATE!!! I believe I was set up purposely just to get whatever commission they received on my earnest deposit and whatever fees they took!!! Now I am in a 2-year lease, paying at least 300-400 more each month in rent, plus my realtor received a commission on finding me this rental, as well!!! I am out all of that $$$ with no recourse!!! I called a couple of lawyers, but no return calls.

I made contact with Mortgage broker Kelli ** on 1/28/15 regarding purchasing a home. I forwarded her all necessary documents for her to pre-approve me for a home loan. She advised me I was pre-approved for $120,000 home loan. I went under contract for a home in March of 2015. However, when the seller attempted to verify my loan approval, she was advised Ms. ** was no longer employed with the company. Ms. ** was previously employed with Primary Residential Mortgage which I initially started the home buying process. She went to Guild Mortgage and did not notify me of the change which in turn caused me to lose the home I was under contract for. I contacted Ms. ** about the discrepancy and she was very apologetic for not informing me of the change.

On April 21, 2015, I went under contract for another home. My realtor, Tasha ** forwarded the contract to Ms. ** the same day it was signed. Ms. ** never contacted me. I emailed her on 4/30/15 requesting a GFE for the home. I was scheduled to close on May 21. Ms. ** sent me my disclosures and GFE on May 22, 2015. She informed me she would need more time to complete my loan. I made several attempts via email and phone calls to contact Ms. ** over several days and she would never return my calls. I finally contacted her manager, Craig **. He advised me he would speak with Ms. ** regarding her lack of communication with me. Ms. ** returned my phone call after a week of trying to reach her. She informed me her husband had been sick which is why she had not completed my loan.

Since my loan was not completed within the allotted time frame outlined by my contract, the seller declined to extend the contract and I lost my earnest money, inspection fee and appraisal fee. Ms. ** made also made an offensive recommendation to me during a phone call. She asked me if I received public assistance. When I informed her I didn't, she proceeded to tell me I should apply for food stamp assistance to help with the cost associated with owning a home. Ms. ** was very unprofessional with the handling of my loan; which caused me to lose $2,000. She did not explain the process to me clearly and was horrible with returning phone calls and emails. I emailed the president of Guild Mortgage along with the regional manager; yet I have not heard back. DON'T USE THIS COMPANY!!!!

We were promised a rate and a loan and 7 days before closing and furniture on the way, we were told we couldn't have the rate and had to gone up with 26000 and had to pay PMI. We were stuck in a box. We couldn't go anywhere else on time to close and now we pay 220 more a month and a point higher than we were told. We want away from this company asap.

My husband and went to Guild Mortgage in Meridian for a new construction home loan. We are completely disappointed with the outcome of our loan as well as the communication. I am not one to write a negative review like this, but we will NEVER do business with them again nor would we refer a friend or family member to them. We had met with our lender Amy a couple weeks before our closing and went over the numbers. We had our payment and everything in front of us as well as our rate locked in. Her exact words out of her mouth are, "Everything is set and ready to go. You can now sleep at night."

When it came down to the closing day, we were in the middle of signing our papers and it showed our monthly payment was $34 higher than what it was suppose to be. I get $5, $10, even $15 more than expected, but we are talking an additional $34 a month. The final numbers had been done for months. There was no reason at all to be off that much. We totally understand that the taxes on a new home can be tricky to estimate, but we are talking about $12,200 more than expected in our 30-year loan.

When I looked at the numbers, I informed her that was not the number we had been given in all of our prior meetings. She began to tell us it was because of the taxes. It sure would have been nice to know ahead of time. NOT THE DAY OF OUR SIGNING!!! The lack of communication and the lack of heart when she realized how upset we were was really disappointing. Needless to say, the outcome was not what we had hoped for.

We have 800+ credit rating, and were pre-approved for 400k, and an extended close. They came to the closing date not having the paperwork in order. We had do an addendum to extend the closing date. Their rates are only average, and its service terrible.

All of the people involved were pleasant and nice. However, they kept asking us for the same information over and over again. Then they kept asking for different information piecemeal. It was very disorganized and stressful. We were so annoyed that we arranged to pay off the mortgage about a month later and that process was just as bad as opening the original loan. They took forever to acknowledge our payment and remove the lien from our deed! The people were nice and they did respond to communications but their process was complete and total torture. I would not recommend them which is sad because I did like the people.

We applied with Guild after recommended by a Realtor. We disclosed everything from the recent past. 3 years ago-discharged bankruptcy, a foreclosure on a home that was discharged in the BK. After some discussion on eligibility we applied for the back to work FHA program. We supplied EVERY document requested! We were told in April, in writing by the Sales Manager, we were approved for a 97/3 conventional and they would still work on the FHA Back to Work program. I had lost a job with a 6 figure income in 2009 and subsequently became re-employed taking a 50% pay reduction which lead to a Chapter 7. We also had a retail restaurant which began to grossly decline in sales due to the economy which helped lead to the BK. We were assured they could work around this as our FICO scores were in the low 700's. We were subsequently denied the FHA but they assured us we could proceed with the prior "approved: conventional”.

Well..... their underwriter, if you can refer to him/her as such, interpreted the BK papers incorrectly. They interpreted the home mortgage was not "discharged" in the BK. We even supplied correspondence from our BK Attorney that it was, they chose not to believe it. BUYER BEWARE!!!! Do not believe anything they tell you if you have had problems. As nice as the people are in the office I dealt with...... their underwriters are either incompetent or not trained. I now have no place to live as they advised me to give notice on my rental and all our belongings are being stored. Currently our Real Estate Lawyer is reviewing all the current damages and future potential damages before deciding which way to proceed. Give great consideration to using this Company unless you have a very simple mortgage request.

My wife and I are selling our home and the buyer went to Guild get the loan. Well a month now after the Original close date past, they postponed the closing three times and then ended up not issuing the loan and the buyer is now going to our lender for the loan. They are very unprofessional and unorganized. They basically have held up three properties from sale and four families from their respective homes.

The underwriter were extremely picky about every little details that has nothing to do with the loan. The loan officer was not very communicative and did not keep me informed. The most ridiculous was I had to verify a $5 cash deposit into my checking account. I was ready to give up the appraisal and time lost and go with a different lender. But then the loan finally closed at the last second. It was like a nightmare. DO NOT give them your business.

I wish I read review before going with this company. They are simply put, the worst loan originator I have ever dealt with. They ask very amateur questions, and request information that is not relevant. Their front line officer is helpful but that is where it stops. Every step above that point is pathetic and unresponsive. Really, for your sanity, financial security, do not go with them! Run!

My husband and I had gotten preapproved for a home. Had a contract on the home and a couple of days before closing they decide to tell us we are not approved after putting down earnest money, doing loan contracts, sending them all the paperwork they required multiple times. NEEDLESS to say we did our part but they are a people you cannot trust. They sold us dreams, kept telling everything was good and closing would be on time. They would call us with a time. I wouldn't recommend this company to anybody.

My husband and I signed a 30-year fixed loan with Guild Mortgage and the payment was suppose to be 1378. Well Guild decided that after 3 months to change our payment. When I tried to contact them I got the run around. Very bad customer service.

I was lead on to believe everything was going well with our new home. We were so happy to be closing within less than a week. And they dropped the bomb on us. Needless to say they took out money out of my bank account for title company and so on. So basically beside the heartache they left us with, they took our money as well. I would never recommend the San Angelo branch to anybody! I gave them all the information they asked me for in a timely manner. After a month of giving them all the documents they asked me for, after taking up all my time it left us with half our money gone and a huge heartache. Not to mention they had me buying insurance for the home plus turning on the utilities it was like we had this house already. IT WAS A HUGE LET DOWN! I don't think I could ever trust this company again!

For your own sanity STAY AWAY from Guild Mortgage. The initial employees we worked with and the loan originator were great. However once things moved up the ladder it became obvious these people were incompetent. They requested the same documents multiple times, there were numerous mistakes in our file and they were completely slow about everything.

On top of all this, we were completely misled and basically lied to about being able to close on time. During the closing process we did everything they asked as quickly as possible. We were repeatedly told we were completely on track to close on time. Our realtor asked 4 days before closing do we need an extension and was told no. Needless to say they completely dropped the ball and we missed our close date. The day we missed our closing date, we were told there were 24 other loan files that were also passed due and they were doing the best they could. Either they really don't care or they are just that bad at their jobs.

I would like to share my unpleasant experience so far with Guild Mortgage. I feel the need to share this experience because it has been really stressful on my husband and myself, so much so, that if it weren't for Terilyn intervening on her day off, we would have walked away from this sale today. My husband and I rarely complain about anything, but considering the number of problems we have had with Ralph and his assistants, we feel that it is in the best interest of anyone affiliated with this business to know how we have been treated so unprofessionally.

To be fair, I will start by saying that Ralph ** seemed like a very nice man. He has always spoken to us in a very kind and respectful manner, however I do not feel that he takes the time to insure what he is saying is in fact the correct information. I think Ralph depends on his assistants to complete tasks that they do not understand and tasks that should be done by Ralph himself. With that said, let me explain.

We were interested in making a cash purchase for a plan 5 Vista Del Valle home. We were advised by many people to take out a loan for a portion of the purchase on a new home for recourse. We decided to use Guild Mortgage as recommended by the builder and Terilyn. I explained to Terilyn that we wanted a rough estimate of what we would be paying on a $150,000 loan. Terilyn spoke to Guild and we were to have a consultation and speak to Ralph before applying for a loan. I received a call from Mary at Guild Mortgage that we would need to provide bank statements and numerous papers and do a credit check before our consultation. I told her we would gather the info she was requesting but it would take a couple weeks to get it all for her as Carlos is commuting 4 hours to work and back daily after a 10 hr shift and had the weekends to get this info.

She seemed to understand but she called Carlos the following day and left a message after I explained our situation. Then continued to call the both of us leaving several messages. The final time I spoke with her she said to me "The builder cannot proceed without this information." I was shocked because we had put down $1000 contingency check on our home closing escrow and we weren't even sure we wanted to even get a loan. Mary was incorrect and did not understand the terms of the loan, so we were understanding of her mistake and we let it go.

Finally Carlos gathers our information and sends it over and schedules a meeting with Ralph. Carlos was told that this meeting cannot be done via phone, so he made an appointment with Ralph after work at 3:30pm. Upon arrival, he was asked to wait in the lobby for Ralph as he was finishing up a few things on the phone. Carlos waited 45 minutes after his appointment time before Ralph came out and brought him into the office at 4:15. (Carlos has a 2 hour drive home after the meeting.) This meeting was very simple and lasted a total of 25 minutes and could have been discussed via email or phone.

During this meeting Ralph tells Carlos that the closing costs will be paid by the builder. We had a $12,000 credit for building upgrades from the builder which we agreed would be applied to our flooring, so we weren't sure where this credit was coming from. This information turned out to be false because Ralph never really took the time to look into the terms of our loan. Ralph's excuse was that he is naturally used to telling people this info and that he came into the transaction during the middle of everything. Regardless of the reason, we were understanding and Ralph did not own up to his mistake but instead made an excuse for his actions.

After this happened, I spoke to Ralph via phone so I could better understand the terms of our loan. I explained that we needed the flooring rolled into the loan and we agreed that this was not a problem. After my conversation, Ralph asked me to call his assistant, Lisa and explain to her exactly what I just explained to him and what we were doing as he had the next 4 days off. I felt a little irritated that he is the loan officer and I had to relay the conversation to his assistant as that would be his job. Either way, I called several times and there is no answering service on the phone but a recording that says "I'm sorry, no one is available to take your call. Please try back at a later time. Goodbye." This was very annoying after as well as unprofessional. I decided to email Ralph and Lisa instead. I have since made numerous calls on several occasions to both extensions and have received this same recording. I have since given up out of frustration and asked my husband to send things via email.

We have since been waiting on the edge of our seats to hear if the loan was going to be approved. Lisa has been collecting info but has not mentioned anything more. We assume the loan is still in process and we wait. I was asked to get a quote from an insurance company to be submitted as well. It was to be approved by Guild. Four days later, I receive a call from USAA, our insurance company, saying that according to Guild and First American, we are closing on the 10th of November and this insurance needs to be purchased and confirmed immediately so the loan can be pushed through. I went ahead and said to apply the insurance without confirmation of approval and haven't heard anything. I later confirmed with Terilyn that this closing date was incorrect as the home was not scheduled to be completed until November 25th.

Yesterday, Monday November 3rd I received a call from Becki at HD Supply. Becki asked me if I could provide a $5000 deposit or "goodwill check" that would not be cashed unless we backed out on the sale and would be given back to us at the time of closing. I told Becki that we weren't sure we even got approved yet to purchase the house so we would not be able to provide a deposit until then. Becki said to me, "You guys have already been approved. I have already confirmed it." Confused, I call Carlos and ask him if he is aware of this. Carlos said he was not aware and he just spoke to someone by the name of Elizabeth the day before who was asking for more info to be submitted. Carlos called Ralph and explained. Ralph apologized and said that Carlos should have already been informed by Lisa that our loan was approved.

After these incidents, I became very angry that we were not told by our mortgage company that our loan was approved but we found out from our tile vendor. Extremely embarrassing not to mention unprofessional. I sent a message and copied Ralph, Terilyn, Lisa and Becki, asking why we heard of our approval through HD Supply. Ralph apologized again and made an excuse for the action, saying Lisa left message on Carlos' phone on Thursday. Neither of us received a call from Lisa nor was the number in either of our phones as a missed call. I feel that Ralph should have called us himself rather than relying on Lisa and we also should have gotten an email confirming this which we have not. This makes me wonder who our private information is going to. It also makes me lose trust in our lender for lying to cover up his mistake.

During the conversation Carlos had with Ralph on the phone about being approved, he asked if the flooring was rolled into the loan, just to be sure. Ralph responded by saying that the $12,000 is included and would be credited by the builder but we would be responsible to pay the rest at closing out of our pockets. This made Carlos and I very upset as I had sent multiple emails asking for this to happen. I find out after a night of getting ourselves worked up, that the flooring had in fact been rolled into our mortgage and Ralph had again made a mistake and given us the wrong information. Instead of owning up to the mistake we were told that Carlos misunderstood.

More mistakes keep happening and he is offended that we bring them to his attention. He said he sent many emails providing info but he ignores all emails asking for copies of those emails he have received. Tonight he threw a baby tantrum online and refused to speak to me saying I have personally insulted him and "slandered" him because I told him I was done being nice and these mistakes are becoming ridiculous. If you have to work with Ralph **, get everything he tells you in writing.

We feel we have jumped through several unnecessary hoops with Ralph and his team. We would never advise that anyone do business with Guild as a result and there is no way we would ever recommend using them to finance a home. Never again will I waste my time with anyone so unprofessional.

We were told we were preapproved for a home loan in other city. We live 5 1/2 hours away and were told not to quit our jobs and make plans for the move until after closing day. Closing day was pushed back several times. At the last minute I was told I should have been working in the new city and had my kids enrolled in school and we had nowhere to live. For two months I was told everything was fine. I made several trips back and forth to try and fulfill the requirements they wanted until I was broke. Then I was asked for more money to extend our contract! Now all the earnest money and money for inspections was all a waste because we can no longer pay to keep the contract going. I will NEVER do this again. I would not recommend Guild Mortgage nor any realtors to anyone. I no longer trust anyone.

Never pre approved when they gave us our pre approval letter. Lied on 3 occasions and never contacted us to let us know if we are even able to be approved. Pushed out closing twice, after signing closing papers and paying $40,000 down payment, house never closed. Guild held loan for additional 5-8 weeks leaving our family of 6 and 4 dogs homeless for two weeks before they told us we were never approved. GUILD IS A SCAM. Please research them carefully before you waste your time, money and sanity.

Guild Mortgage Company Company Profile