1.66/5
Based on 89 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a mortgage lender?

San Diego, CA

Established in 1960, Guild Mortgage Company is the leading privately-held mortgage company in the United States. Guild makes home ownership possible.

108 Guild Mortgage Company Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: April 24, 2019

Recently had damage due to a storm, sent the check to be endorsed. Waiting over three weeks, still no check. Called to ask about the check. Still no clear answer on when it will be sent out so I can start repairs, want to hold money so that “they” can send an inspector to make sure work was done right. In the meanwhile I can’t find a contractor that will work for free until they release the money. This is no one's urgency other than mine, in the meanwhile I’ll continue to pay my mortgage on time, for a house by the way we can’t stay in due to the damage and I’ll continue to pay my insurance premiums on time.

Not that it matters cause the mortgage company has more say over the settlement than I do, shame on Guild Mortgage. I warn all Vets to take your VA loan and use it elsewhere. In case of a loss and any claim thru your insurance company you will fight with them to get the money to start repairs. Also a job that can take a week to complete has now went into 7 weeks. Thank you Guild. When all is said and done I will move my loan.

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi K.B. - My name is Brandy and I work at Guild Mortgage. I am very sorry to hear that you have been waiting so long to get clear answers about your repair. I can imagine that this is a stressful situation for you and your family. I would love the opportunity to try and assist you in getting this resolved. If you would like me to look into this for you, please contact me with your loan number at bgonzales@guildmortgage.net or 858-492-0014.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Ken ** has gone above and beyond to make sure I get what’s best for my situation! He is always available and explains things to me since this is my first time buying a home! If anyone is looking for the best lender KEN ** is the person to go to! Thank you Ken for all your hard work and patience with me!

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: April 2, 2019

My wife and I sold our lake house and found our retirement home! We were informed by our realtor to use Guild Mortgage Company out of Fort Worth Texas. We submitted all paperwork for the loan including tax returns, paycheck stubs etc. Being retired military in senior leadership it is easy to see incompetence and the manager during our loan process decided to take a vacation. We were then contacted by several employees who were covering for her and were told ten different things! One employee would say we need documentation and the other employee would say that wasn’t necessary. Too many that want to be In charge! Mind you this was the fifth house we purchased so we knew going into this what to expect. Due to their incompetence we were forced to change our closing date three times almost lost our escrow money! Even on the day of closing they asked for additional information!

Mind you we were putting 80k down and have been in my current job for 24 years. In addition they advised they would pay off credit cards from the sale of our other house instead of trusting us in paying off debit! It was so bad that we were not even sure if we were closing and started looking for temporary housing! The day of closing they had the numbers wrong on the amount that was due to us and they had to cancel the check and reissue in the correct amount! Again total incompetence! We are in the process of refinancing and going with someone else recalling the horrible experience and lack of competence. It was sad as we were so excited about the purchase of our new home and that experience totally ruined it for us! I would not finance a dog house using this company! If you use them you will regret it!

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hello Allen: My name is Brandy and I work for Guild Mortgage. I am very sorry to hear about your frustrating experience with Guild. Clear communication and excellent customer service are very important to us. What you describe falls below our standard. If you would like for me to look into this situation for you, please contact me directly.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Supportive, Communicative, Knowledgeable. This team is a dream to work with. The documents are able to be signed by cell phone, or by laptop and navigation is easy. This is so underrated for us working people who don't have a home printer, and don't have time to find one. They are available for questions even after hours, I was blown away. No question is ignorant or ignored. They always give you the truth and your options. Customer service is key when making a huge decision like buying a home especially when the contract fails or has issues. We had an issue with our contract and they were very supportive, even in our disappointment. I can't say enough about this team of professionals.

Original review: March 6, 2019

From the time my loan was closed the amount owed on my mortgage was less than 80% of the appraised value but Guild uses purchase price (NOT appraised value) to determine if PMI would be required and that put my mortgage at over 80%. This also required I escrow. I was told PMI could be moved with a new appraisal in one year. At the time, escrow was not an issue. Then, at the end of that year I was told NO I would have to pay 24 months of payments. In the meantime, my property taxes doubled in one year and a resulting recalculation of escrow requirements and a deficit balance increased my mortgage payment by over $500 per month!! I now wanted out of escrow requirements, as well.

Each time I spoke with someone I got a different story on how or even if I could get out from under both PMI and escrowing requirements. It was a nightmare of multiple calls, misinformation, conflicting instructions, I kept demanding my request be escalated and then no return of my calls. I paid over $1700 to pay off escrow deficit, made sure I had paid 24 payments (on time) and paid $500 for a new appraisal - the new valuation put my mortgage balance at 66% of value and I then demanded PMI and escrow be removed. I was told PMI would be removed but not escrow requirement!!

Finally I talked with a lawyer and filed a Consumer Protection Bureau complaint. Evidently, after months of frustrating calls and conflicting instructions from Guild customer service, this filing triggered the issue be escalated to VP of Escrow. Within in ONE DAY she had resolved ALL my issues!! She was awesome and totally understood the nightmare her call center and internal policies had caused AND cost me. (almost $1800 total) I should never have had to pay over $1200 in PMI payments in the first place PLUS a 2nd appraisal.

My CPB complaint is now closed and I have a direct phone number to her - which NO ONE would give me before! I do hope she and Guild use this experience to help the company improve both their policy requirements around determining if PMI or escrowing should be required on a loan AND how that information is conveyed to their call center and customers. Also, NO call center should ever refuse to give a customer a direct line to a manager to escalate a complaint. This could have been resolved months ago!

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi Anna: My name is Brandy and I work for Guild Mortgage. Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad you were able to reach a somewhat favorable solution, but do apologize for the time and frustration it took to get you there. Customers should not have to work so hard to receive excellent service. If you ever need assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me directly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guild Mortgage Company?

Original review: March 6, 2019

My Husband and I have had two terrible experiences with Guild Mortage in the course of 4 months. First and foremost, they did not make our loan processing date so we could close on time. One would think 2 months would be adequate time to process our loan. Especially since they verbally told us it was and did a hard sell on us to select them as our mortgage company. We have excellent credit and are in good financial standing so the closing should have been effortless. Because we missed the deadline, it cost us more to renegotiate the contract with the seller. When I filed a complaint with Guild, I got a detailed letter back explaining that it could not have been their fault. That was the first experience.

The second experience came when it came time to pay our property taxes. The loan had been based on withholding our taxes in escrow, so they knew exactly what the taxes were owed for the year. They paid a partial payment on the taxes and then refunded us the balance. When we discovered that the taxes were not paid in full, they said once again "not our fault". They paid the penalties but not the taxes. They now have told us we are in arrears on our escrow. I sent multiple emails to customer service asking many questions and they never directly answered any of my questions. They are the masters of dodging responsibility and they will make thousands of dollars off my loan and cannot even compensate us for their errors, let lone address our questions with integrity.

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi Shelley: My name is Brandy and I work at Guild Mortgage. I am very sorry to hear about the experiences you've had. Even though you've already filed a formal complaint and received a response, I would love the opportunity to look further into this situation for you. If you would like me to, please contact me via phone or email with your loan number and desired outcome.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I used this company for home loan. I was lucky enough to pay off the loan by maturation time. I will never use and recommend this company for my future activities. Its customer service has poor quality. During application for loan and loan period, I had multiple related questions which in many, loan officer was unable to answer. In occasions, they never got back to me (such for Mrs Georg **). Sometimes I felt at this company, "right hand" does not know the "left hand". Try different company.

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi Alex: My name is Brandy and I work for Guild Mortgage. I am very sorry to hear you had a bad experience with customer service and with getting your questions and answered. I understand you have paid off your loan already, but if you would like me to look into your situation, please let me know by contacting me.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Just recently I filed a chapter 13. I kept my mortgage up to date during this time. For unknown reason Guild Mortgage is charging me 950 dollars for some law In the state of Nevada. These bloodsuckers are guaranteed the money back on the loan if I default. Can't believe they do this then some leech attorney out of Las Vegas sends me this in the mail after I file and almost finished. Doesn't give me much recourse but pay but to who doesn't even say where to send the money. I would never again would recommend Guild Mortgage to anyone nor my brother. He has had bad experience with them to treated him like a thief. Kept asking where he got his money from. Same here. Don't ever use these people. Beware.

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi Thomas: My name is Brandy and I work for Guild Mortgage. I'm really sorry to hear about what's going on with your loan. Have you talked with anyone in our customer service department yet? I know they would be more than happy to try and resolve this for you. If you would like me to investigate your situation, please contact me with your specific loan information.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I was billed for force placed insurance in August 2018. I got my own insurance the same month. When I received my yearly analyst in December I realized I was billed twice for insurance. I called Guild Mortgage to find out why I was charged even after notification of the new insurance the same month. I was told the force placed insurance I was billed for was 2017 not 2018. Guild Mortgage had charged me for backdated insurance during a period when no policy existed. By their own admission the insurance company did not even report the cancellation to Guild Mortgage until May 2018. When I inquired about information regarding the policy I was charged for I was given fraudulent information. This caused a shortage in my escrow account and a higher mortgage for the upcoming year and to make matters worst I'm still not sure what I'm paying for. An imaginary insurance policy.

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi Joseph: My name is Brandy and I work for Guild Mortgage. I'm sorry to hear about the frustrations your experiencing concerning your mortgage insurance. Please know that we take allegations of fraud very seriously and would like to look further into this for you. If you would like me to investigate your file, could you please send me your loan information and any other details.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Jeremiah ** called me 12/31/2018 to discuss mortgage options with me. He said that Guild Mortgage would perform a soft pull only on my credit. He assured me, repeatedly, that this was a soft pull and would not affect my credit. One hour after getting off the phone I was surprised to receive an email alert from several credit reporting agencies that a hard pull had been performed on my credit taking my credit score down from the 740s to the 720s, now seriously impacting my life and ability to buy a home. I am filing a complaint with BBB, giving them negative reviews everywhere possible to warn other victims and I will be consulting an attorney to find out what legal action I can take again Guild Mortgage and Jeremiah **.

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi Jennifer: My name is Brandy and I work at Guild Mortgage. I see that our Complaints Department is already working on resolving this issue for you. If you have any questions in the meantime, please reach out to me.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

We utilized services from Guild Mortgage, Federal Way with April ** initially in 2014. The purchase of our home was effortless. Upon refinance, it was and has been a disaster. She mislead and misrepresented information so grotesquely that we cannot get the PMI off that she said would be, "effortless" and "no problem" by December 2018. We signed the contract, so shame on us. More importantly, we trusted April to be honest and an expert in her field. It appears that she intentionally mislead us to "close the deal". I am deeply disappointed and cannot and would not recommend her to another buyer.

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi Jennifer: My name is Brandy and I work for Guild Mortgage. I'm sorry to hear about the frustration you're experiencing. What you describe is unacceptable and something that we at Guild do not allow. Please contact me at bgonzales@guildmortgage.net or 858-492-0014 so I may get more information and look further into this for you.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

My husband and I worked with Roberto ** of Guild Mortgage in Tucson, Arizona on our recent home purchase. Mr. ** and his highly qualified team kept us in the loop every step of the way. They were in constant communication with us. There were no surprises. They made us feel like they truly cared about us as people, not just as clients. Everything went smoothly and seamlessly. We are so happy, and have no doubt that we made the right choice going with Guild Mortgage! We highly recommend!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Update on 01/05/2019: After a long battle with not being successful loan modification my property is being sold. I have requested from L ** and V ** that monies from the Trial payment plan and the Insurance monies be sent to the title company to be disbursed against the payoff of the mortgage. It has not been complied as requested. If the monies are not disbursed and returned, I will file a complaint against Guild Mortgage with the appropriate departments. If Wells Fargo can be fined for wrongful doing so can Guild Mortgage.

Original: After loss of income I filed for a loan modification. Was approved and went the trial payment plan successfully and in the 9th hour I was told I did not qualified. After speaking to attorney I decided to list my home on the market to get away from this nightmare with Guild Mortgage. My house is under contract and I have been notified that foreclosure has been initiated. I would never trust this mortgage company. I will file a complaint with FHA when my house sales and closes on the 20th of December and I will make sure that everyone I know how bad this company is to work with, especially for seniors. I am heartbroken that I had to become homeless because of this mortgage company.

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi Mary: My name is Brandy and I work for Guild Mortgage. I am very sorry to hear about your situation; I imagine it has been quite stressful. It seems your specific issue may now be out of the hands of Guild, but if you would like me to look into what happened here or to escalate your concerns, please feel free to contact me at bgonzales@guildmortgage.net or 858-492-0014.

Resolution response: Nov. 6, 2018

Johnny and Melissa were great too!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Alisha ** and Guild Mortgage in San Diego was such a great person to work with from beginning to end! She was such an utmost professional, but also made us feel like family. We felt welcomed by Alisha right away. Her knowledge on the subject-matter really helped us as first-time home-buyers when we had any questions and she was there to answer us at any time. We loved working with Alisha and Guild Mortgage and would definitely work with them again!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I started working with Guild Mortgage in June. Worked on building my credit up. I am a single mom, I've worked very hard to get here. In August, Minde with Guild said we were good to go. She worked closely with my housing and down payment assistant and told all of them we would close in October. I gave my notice at my apartments, I set up my home office for work to be switched to new home, the sellers flew out here to move their things out. Last Friday our sellers agent told us Minde called her and told her we were denied and even sent a declination letter to the sellers... I received in mail on Saturday the same letter that she apparently sent Thursday after still telling us on Friday that we were working on an employment verification but everything should be ready to go still.

The sellers put house back on market, which they couldn't do as we were under contract. My agent and I did a conference with Minde on Monday and she stated, "me and the underwriter spoke last night and feel he's shady" speaking of my boyfriend who will be on the loan with me due to an employment gap as he was incarcerated in the past. She stopped working our loan but yet told us all we were good and gave us the preapproval letter without ever even verifying anything she states. I do have a new lender who has given us approval without any issues Minde had.

We now have to find a new home and my apartment has pushed the new renter until dec 1st. But due to having to switch everything over and having to start over with a new lender I might be on the streets at end of the month. Which means I can't work as my office is at home and my work will let me go if my internet and office is not set up by nov 30th. Minde was discriminatory. She lied and she ruined a lot of lives. Based on other reviews looks like this is a normal practice for Guild. Very disturbing and I will be and hope everyone else will take this further, it is unacceptable.

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hello Christin: My name is Brandy and I work for Guild Mortgage. I received your email yesterday detailing the same frustrations you outline here. I am again very sorry to hear about your situation. Please know that I have escalated your concerns to our Complaints Department and they will be reaching out to you shortly. If you have questions in the meantime, please contact me at 858-492-0014 or bgonzales@guildmortgage.net.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

On October 2, 2018, I received a false claim from an unethical LLC that I had a mortgage with Guild Mortgage Co. No such mortgage ever existed, I never even heard of the company until today. It is obvious that Guild Mortgage works with scam companies to interfere with one's right to the quiet enjoyment of their property. Doing business with Guild Mortgage helps the company to help other companies engage in fearmongering against homeowners.

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi Donald: My name is Brandy and I work for Guild Mortgage. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. If you would like me to look further into the situation, please do not hesitate to contact me at bgonzales@guildmortgage.net or 858-492-0014. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

After a 100 year old oak tree came down and demolished my chicken coop, shed and outbuildings, GUILD mortgage was to become my worst nightmare! As a 59 year old woman, and domestic violence survivor who was awarded my home in the divorce from my abuser over a year ago, I have been treated with absolute disrespect, unconcern and red tape. The insurance paid the mortgage company and made the check out to Guild and my ex-husband. When I pointed out that my ex legally has nothing to do with the property and is even under a restraining order of no contact, it still made no difference. Despite sending every possible piece of legal documentation, the new DEED in my name, divorce decree awarding the house solely to me, court paperwork of my name change, DL in new name, SS Card in new name, even a copy of the restraining order (this was just nosey, and had no bearing on the house ownership)

I jumped through these hoops, day after day, only to be told that because my ex-husband was paying the mortgage they couldn’t turn the ins check over to me. I pointed out that MY EX HUSBAND DOES NOT PAY MY MORTGAGE! and has not, for well over a year. It was painfully obvious that she hadn’t even bothered to read the paperwork I sent her where it clearly stated that I was solely responsible for the property from 27 July 2017, for payments, insurance, taxes, the works! This is the kind of disrespect I am talking about.

After acknowledging that she didn’t thoroughly read the paperwork, Rosabel, still held firm that she would ONLY pay my tree contractor directly and keep the rest of the insurance check, because my Ex-husband’s was “still the only name on the loan, and she needs to follow procedures.” (We were both on the deed before divorce). I told her that the judge gave me 5 years from the date of my divorce to refinance the property, but this made no difference.

I have dealt with too many different people, from rude customer service workers, to now 3 different people from the hazard dept. NEVER can one reach or speak with the enigmatic “Supervisor” who, is apparently the only one who has any authority over these matters… Last Friday, Aug 31st, after a week I received “My supervisor will be reviewing this on Tuesday (Guild is closed on Monday) I will let you know on Tuesday, what she says. You may follow-up with me that afternoon.” 4 more days to wait…

To add insult to injury, along with the fake platitudes and patronizing, this has now been almost ONE MONTH since my chicken coop was demolished. Rosabel from Guild writes “I have deposited the check and will disburse funds to pay the arborists. If you have a bid for the chicken coop and shed repairs, please forward that to me so I can make the disbursement.”

There is just one problem, NO NEED to get a bid on the chicken coop as THEY ARE ALL DEAD now! Their shelter which was destroyed on the 10th of August and despite my pleas of urgency, I had to watch helplessly as predators killed 2-3 chickens each night. Had this insurance money been released to me, 2 weeks ago, I would have been able to get them a temporary enclosure and have at least some left. I GIVE UP!

Hi Melinda:

My name is Brandy and I work for Guild Mortgage in the Office of the President. I am incredibly sorry to hear about what happened to your property and your chicken coop. I am also sorry to hear about the frustration you've experienced trying to get this resolved. If you would like me to assist you or help you to escalate your concerns, please contact me directly at 858-492-0014 or bgonzales@guildmortgage.net.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I've purchased several homes in the past but this transaction with Guild was by far the easiest and smoothest to date. My loan officer and her team made this as stress-free as possible for me and my family from the very beginning. The process was a little challenging because we were moving from out of state and most of the work had to be done over the phone/internet. Although we have bought several homes this was our first in North Carolina so the extra guidance they were able to give us was very much appreciated. My kids love our new home and my husband and I love how simple it was to get to the closing table. When we are ready to refinance I will absolutely give Guild a call.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I was working with Luc ** (NMLS ID #**) in Plano, TX and he was never easy to get a hold of and he just disappeared. He was supposed to call me two days ago and I texted him. He told me "one sec" and that he was working on a loan and that he would call me. I have never heard back from him. He was supposed to be working on my bank statement loan for a mortgage after I submitted all of my bank statements. If I would have seen all of the reviews on this site, I would have never submitted an application with Guild Mortgage in the first place. I found a loan with another lender. There is no reason to chase a loan officer for a loan. I will not do business with Guild Mortgage or Luc ** now or in the future.

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi Jamila: My name is Brandy Gonzales and I work at Guild Mortgage. I'm sorry to hear you had a frustrating experience with one of our loan officers. That is not the kind of customer service we seek to offer here at Guild. If you would like me to look into this situation further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bgonzales@guildmortgage.net or 858-492-0014.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I would highly recommend this Guild Mortgage. We have never has such a easy home buying experience. They were on top of things. Kept us well informed. Kim would call us back right away if we left a message. Everything went so smooth I could hardly believe we were buying a house. We have bought homes from other Mortgage companies and it was terrible. This was the best home buying experience we have ever had. I have recommended them to two of our children for their home purchases and would recommend them to anyone. Loved them!

Original review: July 26, 2018

DO NOT use this company. If you ever have storm damage through insurance they'll take your check and you'll be playing phone tag and calling non stop to try and get your endorsed to pay to have the repairs done. They will lie and feed you fake promises and then talk down to you like you know nothing about the process. I had to pay for repairs out of pocket and now waiting game to get check back. I should just give you the house back and let you foreclose on it.

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi Matt: My name is Brandy Gonzales and I work at Guild Mortgage. I replied to you on our Yelp page as well. Again, I am sorry to hear about the frustrations you've experienced with Guild. I would love the opportunity to look into this for you. If you would like me to, please contact me at bgonzales@guildmortgage.net or 858-492-0014.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I am 23 years old, an Air Force Sr. Airman and a first time home buyer. A friend told me to use Guild Mortgage in Tucson, AZ where I am stationed. I bought my first home almost 2 years ago. For the past 7 months I have been struggling to make payments as my mother's disease stopped her from working and as the only son, I provide for my mother and 12 year old sister. Guild told me I could apply for a VA modification of my VA loan. I sent all the documents 5/22, they said it takes 30 days. I called on the 31st day and was told that it was not submitted to the VA but to Guild's own internal modification but because my mother's medical situation will not change, they denied me due to my income being too low to take care of all of my expenses and my mother and sister.

Guild said they would submit me today, 6/26 for a VA modification and that process will take no less than another 30 days. I received notice YESTERDAY that my house is due to be foreclosed on 8/9 and sold on the courthouse steps. This is not a coincidence. I owe $154k and my appraised value is $210k. Guild is after my home because of the equity of the property. Before my mom got sick I put a great deal of money and time making my first home nice and now they are leading me to foreclosure for their benefit. They are taking advantage of me and I don't know who to call or to help me.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I inquired that alone with Mike **. He had me jump through all kinds of Hoops and then I never heard from him again leaving me in a very bad situation. He told me, "Don't worry. I have 39 years of experience." Now I can see all 39 years are very negative. I will never do business with Guild Mortgage and I will never recommend them. Mr. **. You Oughta be ashamed of yourself.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Went to closing and signed all my paperwork, 2 weeks later I get my first bill and it's $80 more than what I had signed and agreed to. My loan contact STEVE ** at Guild Mortgage in Newberg, Oregon tells me my closing papers were only an estimate. This is my 4th home loan, I've never had this happen. I believe Guild lied to get me to take out my loan. The escrow company agrees this is a very strange situation. I will never do business with this company again. I would also recommend them to no one as they are dishonest and can not be counted on to give the consumer accurate/truthful loan information.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Barely started the process and was told I could not be on the loan with my husband due to my credit score. I know this is incorrect since the FHA grants loans with as little as a 500 credit score. Pretty sure our loan officer just did not want to work to get us into a home. She did not seem very motivated or informative. Very disappointed.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I understand how the Guild Mortgage loss draft policy works. And I do understand why this policy is in place. I guess in rare instances people will walk away from their damaged property taking the insurance money with them. I am not one of those people. I love my house and my property. I even love doing the fix up and improvements to my house and property. That's why when we sustained plumbing and water damage and filed an insurance claim we were anxious to get all the repairs done, in a timely manner I might add.

The insurance company issued a check made out to us and Guild Mortgage Co. We signed the check and sent it to Guild Mortgage Co. Guild Mortgage Co then proceed to dictate how and when the funds are disbursed. Many, many hoops are put out for us to jump through. We have complied with all their requests; however, Guild Mortgage Co is not doing their job. They say they will send out an inspector to check that the work has been completed. I'm not sure why this is because a county inspector inspected the work and recorded his approval with the county.

You would think Guild Mortgage Co would recognize this approval and issue final payment to the plumber. No. It's a mystery to us how all this policy is supposed to work when Guild Mortgage Co implement their policy from an office in another state. Guild Mortgage Co will not reimburse us for the money we have spent in preventing further damage AND the dumpster that we paid for. The dumpster cost is specifically stated in the insurance claim. I believe we are entitled to that payment. We have lost patience with Guild Mortgage Co.

We cannot and do not recommend Guild Mortgage Co for your mortgage needs. Read the fine print or have your attorney translate it for you. If we had known of this policy, I would have gotten another mortgage lender. A home that we owned previously was damaged by a microburst that damage our roof and took down our fence. We filed an insurance claim and were issued an insurance check to make the repairs, which we did. The roof was repaired and a new fence was installed. Isn't that what you are supposed to do. When did this loss draft policy happen?

Original review: April 2, 2018

I was sent an email about working with this company, so my husband and I decided to put an application in and we were told that they could help us to secure a loan. Well after completing all of the paperwork, we were told that we would have to raise our credit scores in order to get the help we needed. Well after over a month with no contact from them, a branch manager contacted us and said that they would be able to help us after all. She emailed, then called to discuss our situation. She was friendly and nice, but that's the extent of it. It's been over a month now, and we haven't heard a word from her since. She doesn't respond to emails, phone calls, or text. This has been one stressful experience to say the least. I'm so happy that we didn't put out any money. I'm so elated that I read these reviews, and now I know that this is NOT the company for us. Thanks to all that shared their experiences with this company. It saved us a lot of heartache.

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi DS: My name is Brandy and I work for Guild Mortgage. I'm very sorry to hear that you have not had a good experience with Guild. Please know that what you describe is not the kind of service we seek to offer or the experience we want customers to have. I would love the opportunity to look into your situation and resolve anything to the best of my ability. Please email me at bgonzales@guildmortgage.net if you would like me to look into this for you.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I had an issue with a different lender that could not get the deal done. The seller was going to pull out of the deal if I could not get the loan funded in a short amount of time. I went to Guild Mortgage in Spokane, WA on the recommendation of my real estate agent. Julia at Guild Mortgage was confident she would be able to get the mortgage funded by the seller's deadline. I must admit I was skeptical, we only had 10 business days to get it done. Like magic, Julia had me through underwriting within three business days, sent me my closing agreement in 7 business days, and we closed in 10 business days. 10 business days to close! Guild Mortgage saved the deal and my wife and I are now first time homeowners.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Posting a 1-star having removed a star for every despicable thing Guild Mortgage in San Antonio on Sonterra Blvd. did over the course of our home purchase. Most people will unlikely read this full review, but we cannot refrain from providing a fair account of our recent loan experience (2017). Despite our better judgement after reading national reviews concerning Guild Mortgage, we proceeded with Guild after they 1) reaffirmed us “this office is not like the rest; we have 100% good reviews.” and 2) “we will not sell your loan. We have our own servicer that will be financing and managing the mortgage over the life of the loan.” Despicable Practices:

1) We were not provided a firm rate for financing upfront. Only after we discussed another bank we might finance with did they make a rate offer by simply matching the other banks rates.

2) We mentioned to the officer; we would only consider financing through Guild if they did not sell the loan and provided some specific loan servicing features (loan recast & full payment pre-pay). We were put in touch with a Guild loan servicer who confirmed the servicing features would be included and that Guild would service the loan. Exactly 45 days after close we received a letter informing us our loan has been sold to Wells Fargo (the most corrupt bank in the country: currently being sanctioned federally in recourse after criminal account practices over nearly a decade).

3) During our option period, we shopped for better rates and found a loan at the same rate Guild was providing, but with No closing cost & No points. When we presented this offer to the Guild Officer; they confirmed (we have proof): “Yes…. our office will match the offer.” Despite this offer we ended up paying over $1,394 in origination fees which would have been credited in a “matched” offer. Repeat: $0.00 LENDING CREDITS PROVIDED AT CLOSING AS PROMISED.

4) Guild’s Negligence to communicate money transfer requirements in preparation for down payment wire caused a communication breakdown at the end of our closing period leading to a full re-audit of our accounts. Only after working with them through the weekend night and day were we able to reaffirm approval from Guild’s Underwriters just a few hours before closing.

5) Our loan officer was contacted on closing day by the title company asking for another day to close. Not only did our lender allow this giving previous owners more than a day of control of the property after final walkthrough where they could do anything (exposing us to tremendous risk), but then at the new closing date, for which we again had to take off work to attend; we were still unable to secure the keys/access to the house, walking away with literally only paperwork in hand. Our realtor was nice enough to secure the keys and bring them to us after Guild’s payment wire had been confirmed later that day. If you are even considering working with this company despite this review please post a question or reply offering why. We will provide proof of our circumstances, additional warning & rebuttal, information & resources for better alternatives, etc.

Guild Mortgage Company response

My name is Brandy and I work for Guild Mortgage. I'm very sorry to hear about the frustrations you've experienced. I would like you to know that what you describe is not the kind of service we seek to offer or the experience we want customers to have. I would love the opportunity to look into your situation and resolve anything to the best of my ability. Please email me at bgonzales@guildmortgage.net if you would like me to look into this for you.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I recently sold my home and was able to pay off my mortgage with Guild. I have a large escrow refund check due to me and have been waiting over 4 weeks as of today. I've called their Customer Service four times and the service gets worse each time I call. Today, I asked to speak to a supervisor and the agent hung up on me. I work in customer service. Most of us would be fired for treating customers the way Guild's Customer Service speaks and treats customers.

Guild Mortgage Company Company Information