Call toll free
4.76/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At First Internet Bank, we’re dedicated to serving as your trusted mortgage partner. It’s not just our exceptional customer service that sets us apart – our competitive rates are hard to beat!

We offer a variety of loan programs to help fit your needs: Fixed, ARM, Jumbo, FHA, VA and Home Equity. And for your convenience, you can apply online 24/7, no appointment needed.

Contact us today and let us make your home loan experience better, faster and easier.

NMLS #424182. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender.

BBB Rating
View More View More

First Internet Bank Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I used First Internet Bank to refinance my first condo. I was looking to buy a bigger place so I gave them another try. Right off the bat, they gave me very competitive rates, the lowest of the three lenders I obtained pre-qualifications from. I had the opportunity to work with Brian and he was excellent in providing service from beginning to the end. There were so many things I did not understand during the process and he took the time to explain everything to me through the pre-qualification and pre-approval processes.

When I finally found my dream home, the seller required that I cross-qualified with their lender which I did. The lender then tried to win my business by offering several discounts. Ultimately, I still ended up working with First Internet Bank because they put their best foot forward and even without negotiating with them, my costs were thousands of dollars lower than the seller's lender.

Once we started the process to close, it was very smooth. Initially, we had regular calls. Brian was very responsive and always returned my calls promptly anytime we didn't connect on the first try. Even though he was on eastern time and I was on pacific time, I didn't realize the difference. We initially set our closing date for 30 days. Because of the speed at which Brian and his team worked, we moved it up to 28 days. And without fail, Brian and his team delivered on getting me the loan on time. My home buying experience was somewhat stressful but I can say it was not because of my loan. I was always comfortable with where we were and very happy with how I was treated by Brian and First Internet Bank. I'll gladly use them again anytime I have to purchase or refinance my home.

First Internet Bank response

We’re happy that you found the home of your dreams! Buying a home can be stressful, that’s why we try to make the process as smooth as possible. We look forward to providing you with great rates and quality service whenever you’re ready. Thanks for the great review, Leslie!

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Working with First Internet Bank was a great experience for me. I had looked long and hard at different companies and options for moving my Construction loan of my new home over to a permanent mortgage and came across FIB online. When I called and talked to Max ** I knew I had found the right company. Max quickly understood my needs and carefully took the time to explain all the details of how this process works and answered all of my questions without rushing to get me off of the phone. Max was great throughout the entire process and actually everyone involved was always very responsive to my emails or phone calls. Trust me when I says not all companies I spoke with had representatives that knew what I needed or took time to answer my questions unless I was willing to start the loan process. I’m thankful I found FIB, oh and their rates were the best I could find so I’m a happy camper all around. Thanks FIB!

First Internet Bank response

Congratulations on your new home! We’re glad you found our customer service – and our rates – to be first-class, and the process easy. Thank you for the excellent review, Tim.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Joey ** worked very hard to provide the most competitive price and earn my business. He was prompt in returning all of my e-mails and phone calls. Overall, I am very satisfied with his service and my mortgage. It was clearly important to him that the complicated process of applying for a mortgage be as easy as possible for me. Additionally, he even made himself available to me on weekends when time was constricted by my closing contract.

However, there is one thing I wish he had done differently. That is that there were some questions that I asked where he just wasn't hearing me. He answered the question that he thought I was asking, but not my actual question. Although he was never rude, these times were frustrating for both of us. In the end, I had to let my question go unanswered knowing that it was not an inhibiting issue and only a matter of wanting more knowledge. Finally, and most importantly, I will say that Joey and his team, despite the few aforementioned communication failures, were able to provide me with the best mortgage and in time for closing. I would recommend him with a single caveat.

First Internet Bank response

Justeen, we appreciate the kind words and we're glad you're satisfied overall. We want you to know that we do take your concerns seriously. If you still have loan-related questions, please call 1-866-742-5158 and ask for the VP - Internet Mortgage Origination and we will do our best to clarify any confusion.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I worked with Chris ** to complete a cash out refinancing with FIB and was extremely pleased with the overall experience. Chris helped to streamline and simplify the typically cumbersome process and this is the second time FIB has refinanced my mortgage loan so I am a returning customer. Chris made things simple and kept the process rolling along smoothly. Three things stand out with the FIB experience. First, FIB finds competitive loan rates for its customers. Second, it operates transparently and does not attempt to exploit applicants with onerous points and hidden fees. Third, once a loan is approved by the underwriters, FIB is impressively fast from start to finish so the loan process does not drag on and languish in limbo.

The closing gets planned and the process gets completed in a very timely manner without issues. Taken as a whole, these are positive attributes many lenders can't deliver, which is why I returned to give FIB my business a second time on a mortgage refinancing. Shopping hundreds of banks to look for competitive deals is labor-intensive and painful and there are sometimes hidden fees and points that turn into unpleasant surprises after dozens of documents have been provided and the process is too far along to easily stop. I have already referred a colleague from work to Chris for a refinancing, which seems to be one of the bank's competitive strengths. I have had a positive customer experience overall and will likely return to FIB for a future mortgage refinancing if it makes good financial sense to do so.

First Internet Bank response

Wow, thanks so much for your kind words, Thomas! We’re thrilled that you came back to us for your refinance, and even happier that we were able to provide a great experience for you each time. We appreciate your business and your referral, and look forward to serving you again whenever you need us!

Original review: April 9, 2019

Michael was an excellent help when purchasing my new home. I was a bit skeptical at first, because I had never heard of the company and it wasn't local. However, after reading several reviews I decided to contact the company and ended up working with Mr. **. He was very reassuring, helpful, and knowledgeable. He got me pre-approved right away so I would be ready when I found the house. This made the process go much smoother. He was quick to respond to phone calls and emails and his whole team worked very quickly, as well. In fact, we were even able to close on the house and move in two weeks early. I would recommend him to anyone looking to buy a home. My realtor and title company were also extremely impressed and couldn't believe the results. They also said they would be recommending him in the future. Thanks again for being such a great professional and for doing a fantastic job.

First Internet Bank response

Congratulations on your new home, Rowena! We’re so glad you did your research and chose First Internet Bank to help you make it happen. Our entire team is dedicated to answering your questions and guiding you through the process, so you’ll have an exceptional experience. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, and for your recommendation. Welcome to the First Internet Bank family!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Internet Bank?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Working with Grant was a pleasurable experience, particularly because the document review and underwriting was more complex than the typical loan. Grant understood my requirements and worked to be proactive in ensuring the loan would close just in time to keep the rate lock. Overall a positive experience.

First Internet Bank response

James, thanks for taking the time to write a review. Whether mortgage loans are simple – or more complex like yours – our goal is always to provide an on-time closing. We hope to serve you again wherever you may need us!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Where can I start but this would be the second job review for Destiny, First I would like to say that she did an excellent job. When I had some questions she would get right back to me and helped me in a very professional manner. Without her I do not believe that I would of made it through all of the paper work that was/is required. She also assisted in following through in the contacts that I needed to complete the First Internet Bank of Indiana Loan, If she worked for me I would have to give her a raise and a promotion. She is very knowledgeable, a rare find in today's work force..

First Internet Bank response

We loved hearing from you again, Kendall! We’re glad Destiny did such an excellent job… that is always our goal. Thanks again for the kind words and for your business!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Grant was great to work with throughout the refinancing process. He was very timely in answering questions. He was also professional in phone, email correspondence. I would recommend First Internet Bank for competitive rates and service.

First Internet Bank response

Laurie, thanks for the great review! A quick and easy refinance process is our aim every time! Thanks for the recommendation and for choosing First Internet Bank!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Banking specialists such as Destiny ** are the reason I continue to bank with FirstIB. Greatly appreciated her knowledge and attention to detail, genuine care and concern for me as a customer, helpful attitude, and commitment throughout the mortgage process. Thank you!

First Internet Bank response

Thank you for the glowing review and for being a loyal customer, Tim! Our team’s goal is to put you first and to make the mortgage process as easy as possible. We look forward to serving you again!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Great Experience. The whole team is extremely attentive which is paramount to me. There wasn't a time that I had to wait to get a response to my myriad of questions. Work with them if you have the option.

First Internet Bank response

Abdul, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience! We know that any banking process can be stressful; that’s why our team works to ease your worries by being there whenever you need us. We appreciate you and your business!

First Internet Bank expert review by Michele Lerner

This online bank that provies a full line of banking services, including mortgages. The bank does not have any physical branch locations, but it operates in all 50 states.

• Online application: Interested consumers complete their entire application online. They can get prequalified online, too.

• Rate Watch: Those looking for a competitive interest rate can set up Rate Watch. They will receive an email notification when rates reach their specified point, or they can sign up to regularly receive rate updates.

• Mortgage types: Consumers can chose from several types of mortgages to meet consumers’ needs. Options include fixed and adjustable rate mortgages, FHA and VA loans, USDA Rural Development loans, HARP loans and jumbo mortgages.

• Contact: Applicants can reach the bank’s mortgage loan officers by phone during extended business hours on weekdays and from 9:00am to 4:00pm on Saturdays or by email at any time.

• Blog: All consumers can visitthe company blog to read helpful financial and banking articles, including posts about home buying and mortgages.

• Best for: those comfortable doing all their banking online.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

First Internet Bank Company Information