4.91/5
Based on 55 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At First Internet Bank, we’re dedicated to serving as your trusted mortgage partner. It’s not just our exceptional customer service that sets us apart – our competitive rates are hard to beat!

We offer a variety of loan programs to help fit your needs: Fixed, ARM, Jumbo, FHA, VA, HARP and Home Equity. And for your convenience, you can apply online 24/7, no appointment needed.

Contact us today and let us make your home loan experience better, faster and easier.

NMLS #424182. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender.

First Internet Bank Video
First Internet Bank Gallery (2)
2016 Best Banks
Last updated: March 20, 2018

168 First Internet Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: March 20, 2018

I was skeptical when I started my loan process with First Internet Bank and I informed Jessica ** of my fear that she would not deliver. Jessica ** and her team prove us wrong. I have asked her to start my other house ref.

First Internet Bank response

Thanks so much for choosing First Internet Bank! We’re happy to hear we earned your trust and delivered on our promise to provide an exceptional experience. We look forward to serving you again!

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Overall I was very happy with the service through the approval and implementation of the mortgage and I thank the bank for helping us acquire the property. Mike was a great anchor to communicate with throughout. I think the primary issue I and other providers (insurance, etc.) had was dealing with a number of individuals throughout the application, processing, & closing.

First Internet Bank response

Congratulations on your new home, Charles! It was truly our pleasure to assist you. While we know it can be tough to have several points of contact throughout the process, it’s because we have a whole team of experts working together to support you. Thanks so much for your business and welcome to the First Internet Bank family!

Original review: March 16, 2018

We are extremely thrilled to have received top professional mortgage services by First Internet Bank. The process was very smooth right from the outset with very little need for follow-ups. Bridget has been exemplary in taking care of the application from an end to end perspective. She ensured there are no loose ends and always ensured we are going to meet the deadline of 03/09. Michael was also extremely helpful whenever Bridget was occupied with the loan application. His responses were concise and he kept things very very honest and transparent. We would recommend FIB to all our friends and we will come back to FIB for our next mortgage.

First Internet Bank response

Thanks so much for the great feedback, Pratik! We stay on top of the details so you don’t have to worry about loose ends — and we do whatever we can to make things as easy as possible for you throughout the entire process. Welcome to the First Internet Bank family and we look forward to serving you again the next time!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I have refinanced and consolidated my 1st and 2nd mortgages. First Internet Bank made the whole process very smooth and easy to handle even when while working a full time job. It took 5 weeks from the 1st call to the closing of the loan. Very professional every step of the way. I would highly recommend.

First Internet Bank response

Thanks for the terrific feedback! It’s always our goal to make the entire process fast, efficient and as easy as possible. We appreciate your business and your recommendation!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Mike made my experience excellent. I have done a lot of loans and other related bank transactions over the years and I’m a 30 year customer of PNC Bank where I’ve done several loans. Mike made this experience the best I’ve ever had! For me that’s saying much. Mike was attentive, professional, responsive, overall very helpful. I felt like I had a partner in this transaction that was dedicated to ensuring I had a great experience. You better treat him well, with that skill set he could go anywhere and do very well.

First Internet Bank response

Wow, Greg, thanks for sharing your incredible feedback! We do all that we can to make every interaction a great one, and work as your trusted partner throughout the entire process. It’s especially gratifying to know that this was the best experience you’ve ever had. (Virtual high fives all around!) Thanks for choosing First Internet Bank. We look forward to providing another fantastic experience the next time you need us!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Internet Bank?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Rick remains the only person I trust in the mortgage business. He is calm L, friendly, knowledgeable, and responsive. He treats you like a person not a number and always puts you at ease during the most stressful process imaginable.

First Internet Bank response

Victor, we’re delighted we earned your trust with our knowledgeable and friendly service. Thank you for your great review. We appreciate your business!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

This is my 6th home mortgage deal that I have closed with First IB (includes 2 referrals and a refinance) since May 2013 (less than 5 years). That should speak for itself as to how happy I am with you guys. I work primarily with Scott and he has done a great job every single time. He is very friendly and understands my situation and needs when he provides various suggestions and financing options. I have not and will not hesitate to seek future business with you or even refer to my friends and family. Thank you for a timely closing every single time.

First Internet Bank response

Brinda, we’re so happy to hear that you have had so many great experiences with us! You’re right…your repeat business does speak volumes. Thank you for choosing First Internet Bank (again) and for leaving such excellent feedback. We look forward to serving you or your friends and family in the future. Enjoy your new home!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I had never used an internet bank before, but when I was looking for a mortgage for my new house I found First Internet Bank. I was very impressed with Jacklyn--she was very helpful and was always available when I needed her. I had very few issues as we worked through the process, and we closed within 30 days.

First Internet Bank response

Kevin, congrats on your new home! Thanks you for your fantastic review – we love hearing that you were impressed by the amazing service you received. (That’s how we roll.) We truly appreciate your business, and we’re glad you’re a part of the First Internet Bank family!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Bryan ** was very helpful with my loan application and will recommend him with my family and friends. And I think he will be able to help others in my situation with the loan application. And everything went through and I will recommend First.

First Internet Bank response

Thank you for your great feedback, Carlos! We know loan applications can be complicated so we’re glad we could help you through the process. We look forward to serving your friends and family. Thank you for choosing First Internet Bank.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I was very pleased with First Internet. I'm a self employed farmer and knew it would be hard to refinance my house with no pay stubs etc. I talked to quite a few different banks along with you when I started. The difference here was Jaclyn. She was so personable, friendly, and seemed to enjoy trying to help me that I went with your bank. She answered questions timely and did a great job of making me feel welcome and at home with all the paperwork we had to do. It was a pleasure to work with her.

First Internet Bank response

Chris, the pleasure was all ours. We truly do enjoy helping our customers, and we’re always pleased when our customers’ needs are fully met. Thank you for your kind words. Welcome to the First Internet Bank family!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Great experience with First Internet Bank. I love the technology and ease of communication. Process was smooth and efficient. Everyone I encountered was prompt and professional. Competitive rates and products and service. Friendly staff. Would definitely use First Internet Bank again.

First Internet Bank response

Thank you for the rave review, Natalie. We’re delighted that you were impressed on many levels: communication, technology, service and rates. We appreciate your business and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Recently refinanced with Greg ** and the team at FIB. Such a smooth and easy transaction. From first contact to closing was just under 30 days! Greg was very pleasant and professional to work with, unlike some of the pushy officers at other bank/brokers I reached out to at the start. Keep up the good work!

First Internet Bank response

Matt, customers like you inspire us to keep up the good work! Thank you for taking the time to leave such an excellent review and for your business. We’re glad we could make your transaction smooth, easy and quick.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

The loan process took longer than expected but we had a non-retail private bridge loan that complicated things. We're also in Texas, with different laws. Mike did what he could to make things right for us and I will do business again with you all. I would gladly recommend Mike and FIB to my friends, family, and business partners. A+.

First Internet Bank response

Corey, we’re so happy to hear we could help navigate a complicated loan scenario and make things easier for you. We’d appreciate the recommendations and your future business. Thanks for your five-star feedback and for choosing First Internet Bank!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Everything from start to finish was amazing. Very professional and always kept us updated throughout the process. If you are in the market and looking for a NO hassle bank please go see these guys!! Thanks Greg, Mike and Tracy.

First Internet Bank response

Shane, thanks for taking time to leave such an outstanding review! We’re so happy we could keep your mortgage process hassle-free and that you had such an amazing experience. We greatly appreciate your business.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Wow! What a pleasant experience we had with Greg as our Senior Loan Officer! Applying for a mortgage is one of the most stressful things in life. Through his knowledge, communication skills, and kindness he made this a positive experience for my wife & I. From the first the telephone conversation until the day after closing, he was in constant contact with us, leaving no stone unturned. We felt like he was always on our team, ensuring that nothing was overlooked, which allowed our closing to proceed without any delays or surprises. First Internet Bank of Indiana is very fortunate to have Greg, and so were we! We wish we could give him a 10-star rating vs. a 5! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Keep up the great work Greg... Your customer service is first class! We would highly recommend FIB of Indiana for all your mortgage needs!

First Internet Bank response

Chad, the pleasure was all ours! We always work as a trusted teammate to help customers like you through the entire loan process. We’re delighted to hear how happy you and your wife were with your experience, especially the customer service you two received. Thank you for the wonderful feedback and for any referrals you send our way. Congratulations on your new home and welcome to the First Internet Bank family!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Our experience with Greg ** was very good until your other processors and closing agents got involved. We received conflicting information several times from them and frequently did not receive answers to our questions. Terms were changed after the closing was scheduled and we only learned of it during the closing. Had it not been for Greg's help each time we contacted him about the lack of or conflicting info from them we were considering not closing and shopping elsewhere.

First Internet Bank response

George, we appreciate your constructive and direct feedback. While we’re pleased to hear that you had a great experience with your loan officer, we apologize for your frustration with the closing process. Communications should have been clearer and more responsive, and for that we’re very sorry. Rest assured, we’ve shared your concerns with our management team and your feedback will be used as a training opportunity. Thank you for your business.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I am a residential realtor and traditionally have recommended local banks/lenders, but for the refi on my own home I received a recommendation from another agent/friend to use First Internet Bank. I was very impressed. Unbeatable rates, great customer service and overall a smooth, easy process. I will recommend them to clients in the future and will use them again myself whenever I have a new purchase or refi. Mike was a fantastic loan officer to work with. Great communication, easy to work with, available anytime I had any questions.

First Internet Bank response

Austin, we’re especially honored when someone in the business gives us such glowing feedback. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again (or any of your clients). Welcome to the First Internet Bank family!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

First Internet Bank and Deborah ** made purchasing our home the dream that it should be. From my first phone call until closing, Deborah answered all of my questions and eased my nerves. Now my family is in a perfect home. Thank you FIB!

First Internet Bank response

Congratulations on your new house, Amy! It’s truly our pleasure to help you and your family get into your perfect home. Thanks for sharing your experience with us and for choosing First Internet Bank. We appreciate you.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Closed my refinancing with cash-out option on 31st Oct17. Very easy to work with the team! Greg ** was my loan officer. Great teamwork, excellent communication. I strongly recommend the First Internet Bank and give them highest possible ratings. Thank you!

First Internet Bank response

Thank YOU, Rajesh! We truly appreciate your great feedback and recommendations. Welcome to the First Internet Bank family!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I purchased my house a few years ago and was watching interest rates and saw they were down to where I could shave about a point off my rate. I called First Internet Bank and was introduced to one of the best financial people I have worked with on any financial business. His name is Greg **. Now let me clarify, there was a team of support and approval people involved as well, but I can tell you from the day I first started talking with Greg until I closed on a refinance loan was just 20 days. Yes in twenty days I was able to go from a phone conversation about potentially refinancing, to closing on a refinance of a jumbo loan.

The group at First Internet was by far the most accommodating and customer driven group I have ever worked with. I have owned many houses(6) and this is by far the best mortgage experience I have ever had. Great Job Greg and team. By the way no automated hours worth of delays getting through a computerized phone system, and everyone I worked with spoke English!!! God Bless. Thank you.

First Internet Bank response

“By far the best mortgage experience I have ever had!” We love seeing those words. (“Great job,” “accommodating” and “customer driven” are some of our favorites too!) Thank you, Rex, for your incredible feedback. We truly appreciate your kind words. Thanks for choosing First Internet Bank!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Prior to getting in touch with Jessica **, I heard horror stories of what people had went through to get a mortgage. I never once felt that way with Jessica and her team. She was able to answer all my "strange" questions. Never once did I feel stressed out. Communication between Jessica and the team at FIB was outstanding. If I ever refinance, I will be reaching out to Jessica and the team with FIB.

First Internet Bank response

Thanks for choosing First Internet Bank, Kelly! No question is too “strange” and we’ll always do whatever we can to keep you from feeling stressed. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

My current refinance with First Internet Bank was excellent. The rate on a 15 year mortgage could not be beat by other banks that were contacted. The service was top notch and very professional. Any questions I had were answered promptly and professionally. Closing was within 30 days of loan origination. Would recommend!!

First Internet Bank response

Armando, thank you for your top-notch review. At First Internet Bank, we always strive to provide professional, efficient and timely service as well as personalized attention (not to mention competitive rates!). Welcome to the First Internet Bank family. We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I had a good experience refinancing my home with First Internet Bank. My loan manager answered my calls promptly and answered all my questions. I liked how everything was online and I could upload documents. Sometimes it was a little confusing, though, having to sign on to different secure systems to sign or upload documents. I wish there was just one system or process. But my loan manager helped out when I was confused, and there are various systems and levels of security for a reason. Thanks!

First Internet Bank response

Margaret, thank you for choosing First Internet Bank for your refinancing and for your positive review! We’re glad we could help quickly with any confusion, but we apologize for any complications along the way. We appreciate your understanding of the extra steps we take for the sake of security. Welcome to the First Internet Bank family!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Michael ** was very professional and efficient. He kept us informed on the progress of our loan. He also made the effort to attend our closing, which we greatly appreciated. He was very persistent and effective in obtaining information required from our Homeowners' Association.

First Internet Bank response

Michael, congrats on your new home! Hearing that you received such good service never gets old as that’s always our goal. Thank you for your wonderful feedback, and welcome to the First Internet Bank family!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

Joey was very friendly, responsive, and helpful. The process went smoothly and it was nice to be able to sign the paperwork after hours at home. The rate was good and overall it was a pretty painless and pleasant experience.

First Internet Bank response

Shannon, thanks for your kind words. We do what we can to make your experience pleasant and as painless as possible. Thank you for choosing First Internet Bank!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I am very pleased with the overall service and attention that I received from Shelly and all who were involved in my refinance. The process was extremely smooth and there were no unexpected surprises. I would recommend your services to anyone interested in excellent product/services. Thank you so much. I'm very satisfied.

First Internet Bank response

You’re very welcome, Vincent. When you’re satisfied, we’re satisfied. Thank you for awesome review and any future recommendations!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

We had a great experience with First Internet. We frequently asked question by both email and phone (almost daily) and Kelsey responded to us almost immediately, and often on weekends. Everything was done promptly and the whole process was made very simple for us!

First Internet Bank response

Irma, we know time is of the essence during the loan process so we respond as quickly as possible. Thank you for taking the time to leave such a rave review. We appreciate your business!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I had a very positive experience with Debbie **. She was very helpful and worked to get me the best combination of low interest rate and low closing costs. I also really loved it that the closer came to my house! The only negative experience was that I felt the loan processor, Glenda **, did not seem very knowledgeable. For example, even though I had sent her copies of my annuity award, she wanted additional documentation to show that they would continue to pay this each month, even though the notification clearly stated that the annuity would continue for life and was irreversible.

She re-requested documents that had already been submitted, and insisted that she needed all the boiler plate pages of my Social Security award letter, when all she really needed was the first page showing my name, benefit amount and effective date. I finally had to ask Debbie to intervene on my behalf, and she was able to straighten things out. Otherwise, I was very happy with my experience with First Internet Bank.

First Internet Bank response

Andrew, although we were glad to hear you had a good experience overall, we apologize for not meeting your expectations on the processing side. We appreciate your positive, yet honest and constructive feedback. Your concerns have been shared with the management team as an opportunity to improve our loan processing overall. Thank you for your business and for choosing First Internet Bank!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I found your bank through LendingTree. I have done 2 loans with you now. It's been a very easy process. Kent has been great to work with, communicating efficiently and quickly when needed. Thanks for the great customer service.

First Internet Bank response

Jeff, thank you for your repeat business and excellent review. You are welcome; we are happy to help!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

We had started the refinance process with our former mortgage holder, but when we heard about First Internet Bank and spoke with Debbie, it was apparent that your services were superior to that of our former mortgage company. It was a very smooth, organized, and professional process! Hats off to your organization and staff.

First Internet Bank response

Debbie, to hear us described as superior is truly flattering! Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience. Welcome to the First Internet Bank family!

First Internet Bank expert review by Michele Lerner

This online bank that provies a full line of banking services, including mortgages. The bank does not have any physical branch locations, but it operates in all 50 states.

• Online application: Interested consumers complete their entire application online. They can get prequalified online, too.

• Rate Watch: Those looking for a competitive interest rate can set up Rate Watch. They will receive an email notification when rates reach their specified point, or they can sign up to regularly receive rate updates.

• Mortgage types: Consumers can chose from several types of mortgages to meet consumers’ needs. Options include fixed and adjustable rate mortgages, FHA and VA loans, USDA Rural Development loans, HARP loans and jumbo mortgages.

• Contact: Applicants can reach the bank’s mortgage loan officers by phone during extended business hours on weekdays and from 9:00am to 4:00pm on Saturdays or by email at any time.

• Blog: All consumers can visitthe company blog to read helpful financial and banking articles, including posts about home buying and mortgages.

• Best for: those comfortable doing all their banking online.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner

Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

First Internet Bank Company Information