toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

This is 4th time I have worked with Mike ** to either refinance our house or expand our HELOC loan line so we can do home renovation projects. He is an exceptional agent and is always prompt in responding to my questions or when reaching out to me for needed information. He is friendly and knowledgeable and is the reason we keep coming back to First Internet Bank for our home financing needs. I would highly recommend his services to any of my friends and family. I can't say enough positive things about our experience working with Mike.

First Internet Bank

Darrel, we pride ourselves on great customer service, and we’re glad you were satisfied! Thank you for the excellent feedback and future recommendations. Enjoy your new home!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2017

As I work in the financial services industry, I was very content to see your bank deliver on service. Michelle ** did an excellent job of managing expectations and communicating with me throughout the loan process. I was somewhat skeptical regarding the level of service FIBI may provide, as you all are an online vendor. In the end, I moved from being a skeptic to being a satisfied client. I would recommend the bank to a new or existing HO. Well done!

First Internet Bank

At First IB, we love a challenge — but we love making our customers happy even more! Thanks so much for allowing us to help you, and thanks in advance for recommending us to others. Much appreciated!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

My mortgage journey began with a refinance and two separate lenders over a period of about 5 months, both of which provided me with incomplete (and sometimes inaccurate) information. When I was at my wit's end, I used LendingTree and was paired with the First Internet Bank of Indiana. Since I began working with FIB, I've always been kept up to date on what was going on during the mortgage process, I was provided with coaching from Deborah and Christie, two employees FIB is lucky to have, who guided me through the process, listened to my concerns, met impossible deadlines based on my unique circumstances (there was a court order and a limited time to close on the home), and acted more like friends than anything else.

These two ladies kept me positively sane throughout the process, even when external circumstances arose that threatened our deadlines. I truly cannot say enough about FIB and how happy I was to have found this company. Being from Vermont, I had never heard of the bank before the mortgage process, but I happily tell people about them now. Please keep up the amazing work!

First Internet Bank

Joe, we’re happy to hear you received such great service. We understand the loan process can be time-consuming and tedious, and we are always happy to assist you in any way we can. Thank you for your business.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

Refinancing of my home. Loan officer was great as was the processing personnel. The process was very tedious given the amount of paperwork and supporting documentation required to get an approval especially given my financial profile.

First Internet Bank

Anand, congrats on your new home! We understand there can be lots of hoops to jump through when buying a home, and we are always here to make it easier for you. Thank you for the awesome review.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

I had worked with Greg, Glenda and Karina at First Internet Bank. They helped me through each stage of home buying process. Greg is the best who was reachable all time via phone and email. He tried his best to clarify my queries and provided status updates. I would definitely recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Internet Bank?

First Internet Bank

Thank you for your business and for the future recommendations, Richard! Exceptional customer service is one of our top priorities, so we’re always happy to help. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

My experience was very positive and Greg ** went above and beyond to help me. Thank you for the exceptional customer service! I would definitely recommend your company to others. Buying a house can often make one feel they are drowning in paperwork and I didn't feel that way this time.

Resolution In Progress

First Internet Bank

Thank you for your feedback, Eileen. We understand your frustration, but please know that we would never intentionally delay sending payment information just to collect late fees. There was simply a miscommunication on our part, and for that, we apologize. After further review of your situation, we initiated a reimbursement of the late fee, and we have also implemented a procedural change that will prompt us to send payment coupons more than once to ensure receipt of the documents.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

We refinanced our mortgage through First IB. While the process was time-consuming and the information/documentation requirements were quite burdensome, it was acceptable as it is a necessary evil and our loan processor was very good at working with me. The closing was fine, although a last minute change resulted in us having to borrow more money that we needed to (it was refunded after closing but that's not the point). However, it is the after closing process that is quite troublesome. The closing package did NOT include payment coupons (the closing officer told us that we would receive them in the mail at a later date). Well, we never received payment coupons or information on making our first payment.

At the beginning of February, knowing that a Feb payment should be made, I emailed the bank inquiring about the missing payment coupons. I did receive a prompt reply with an attached payment coupon but was extremely dismayed to discover that the first payment had been due the day prior. I don't know if this is a "one-off" situation or standard practice, i.e. by failing to provide proper instructions and materials to make payments the bank then gets to charge late fees. Up until the part of the process, I would have recommended First IB to others considering refinancing but now I'm not so sure that I will do so.

First Internet Bank

We’re glad you had an excellent experience, Michael! Making the process smooth, quick and painless is always our goal. Thanks for your complimentary words and for choosing First IB!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Refi was quick and painless. I had spent months with numerous document dumps with previous lenders, most of which was unnecessary based on our finances and credit rating. Here there was none of that and we got the refi done quickly at a great rate.

First Internet Bank

Claudia, we think you are wonderful too! We’re glad we were able to help you with your refinance. Thanks you for the kind words and for choosing First Internet Bank!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

From the very first, Jama of First Internet has been wonderful. She did all the research for me, answered phone calls within a short time, explained anything I did not understand. She spoke as the person she is, not as a disconnected bank official. I hesitated over an internet refinance -- usually I go for face-to-face relating. But this has worked out 100% well.

This is the second time I utilized FIB. FIB is great. Mike kept me in the loop and answered all my questions. If he did not answer the phone, he always called back quickly. And the rest of the team (Taylor, Christie, Tracy) were really helpful.

First Internet Bank

Andrew, thank you for choosing First IB! We appreciate your positive and constructive feedback. Our management team will review your experience and use it as an opportunity to identify where we can further streamline our processes. We were happy to serve you.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

Max was great, but in the beginning there was a mistake in the paperwork because it was written up as a refi and it wasn't. Was also contacted by too many people within someone out helping to "close." Overall hear from like 4 or 5! I would recommend streamlining.

First Internet Bank

Shelia, our goal is always to exceed expectations and make the process as easy as possible! Thank you for your business and for any future customers you may send our way. We truly appreciate your kind words. Welcome to the First IB family!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

My experience with First Internet was painless, simple, and concise... which is exactly as hoped for! Joey **, loan officer, was very helpful right from the beginning. Everyone was fairly quick to respond to emails and were easy to work with. I still can't believe how easy the process was from application to closing (which was in our home!). Thank you for a great experience and I have already recommended First Internet to others.

First Internet Bank

Alice, we’re so glad we could help you and your husband with your loan. Thank you for choosing First Internet Bank – welcome to the First IB family! We appreciate your business.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

My husband and I wanted to refinance our loan to lower our interest rate and get a fixed interest rate. I was apprehensive about First Internet Bank because I had never heard of it. Tyler ** and was very helpful and patient during the entire process, with the help of Christie **. We are pleased with the entire process and closed within 45 days. We would recommend First Internet Bank to anyone wanting to refinance. Thank you for your help.

First Internet Bank

Thank you for the glowing review and for allowing us to serve you, Cherise! Being timely, knowledgeable and helpful is always our goal. We appreciate your business!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

It had been several years since I had been involved in a mortgage transaction. This one was completed ahead of the time estimate given. The account that allowed paperwork to be transmitted securely worked well and showed that you "get" how these types of transactions should work. Having the notary visit our home on our schedule to complete the transaction was fantastic. Jim and the entire team responded to questions and concerns in a timely manner. The rate was competitive with other lenders. I had one lender who initially did not match your pricing but felt that he could given all the details. I declined. You win business by beating not matching your competition. Thanks to all of you.

First Internet Bank

Thanks for your feedback, David. Apologies for the challenges with the title and background search – we needed a little bit of extra time working with the title company to ensure the information we received was accurate. We appreciate your patience and your business!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

Mike ** did an excellent job shepherding my refi. Took a bit longer than projected but was over the holidays. On a poor note, the title and background search was very poor. They didn't use my SSN or address and reported inaccurate info that was a pain to respond to.

First Internet Bank

Thanks for choosing First Internet Bank, Peter! We appreciate your business and we’re glad you had a great experience working with us (that’s always our goal). We’re happy to do whatever we can to help – even with other institutions. We hope you enjoyed your trip to Italy!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

Great experience from beginning to end. Rick ** was precise and thorough and I was able to finish the loan and close in a very short amount of time which included 2 weeks in Italy. Closing attorney came to our home and the real estate appraiser was timely. The entire process was painless really from beginning to end and I honestly feel like I was not being taken advantage of. Good job all the way around.

I do have one concern which I will raise as it really involves something that First Internet Bank may not have much control over. That issue is the sale of my mortgage to an entity who will service that loan. I am concerned that my new servicer, Loan Care LLC, has a very poor customer service reputation. At this point it is simply a concern but there is much bad press out there. That said, they were very slow in contacting me and providing temporary coupons to the point that I had to reach out to Rick ** for his recommendation on what I should do with the first mortgage payment. As it turns out, I sent that payment to First Internet Bank who said they would forward that payment (which includes an escrow amount) to my new loan servicer Loan Care. I will wait to see how that fleshes out. Contact me with any questions.

First Internet Bank

Kerry, thank you for your praise! We also appreciate your constructive feedback. We will share your comments with our team to ensure we are providing a seamless experience throughout the entire process. Thanks for your business!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

Super pleased with Ray ** and the initiatives he made to get our loan closed. Only challenge was when my file was handed off to a person in Arizona after approval because I was in California. Should have stayed with all the connections in Indianapolis. Caused confusion and slowed down the smooth ride I was on.

First Internet Bank

Tia, you are welcome! We do whatever we can to make the process as easy as possible for you. Thank you for the kudos!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

My Loan Officer, Greg **, did an amazing job making sure my experience was extremely smooth, painless, and surprisingly quick. Throughout every step he kept me informed and was quickly available to answer any questions I may have had. Thank you for all the hard work!

First Internet Bank

We know things can sometimes take a little longer than you’d prefer, but we’ll do whatever we can to keep things moving. Thanks so much for your business, Roy! We truly appreciate your feedback and any referrals you send our way.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

Michelle was great to work with and kept in constant contact throughout the process. The lead time for an appraiser in my area was very long to the point where it could go beyond the already long rate lock period. First Internet Bank assured me they would honor the lock even if closing had to be pushed out which gave me peace of mind. I would recommend FIB to anyone interested in a home refinancing.

My loan officer Greg ** handled my refi quickly, professionally and honestly. From start to finish I felt like I was in good hands. The loan rate was very competitive and there were no hidden costs. I would highly recommend both First Internet Bank and Greg **. Thanks Greg!

First Internet Bank

Thanks, David! We treat our customers how we would want to be treated – low pressure, but available whenever you need us! Welcome to the First IB family, and we look forward to working with you in the future.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

After starting the process with Quicken we were not impressed with their high pressure sales and decided to try out First Internet Bank. Michael ** was great to work with and took the time to answer all of my questions. He always called back when I left messages and answered my emails promptly. While the process is always a bit tedious with any loan I felt First Internet Bank was very easy to work with and the process went very smoothly. I believe it was under 45 days from start to finish. We'd deal with them again.

First Internet Bank

Quick, easy and responsive – three things we always aspire to when helping our customers. We appreciate your kind words and business, Ferit. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

Working with Greg ** and the team was a very satisfying experience. They never pushed and always provide the best possible rate; was very responsive to all my questions and got all the answers I required. One of my easiest and fastest process for a mortgage.

First Internet Bank

A consistently great experience from start to finish is always our goal. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your refinance. Thanks for your business, Dennis, and welcome to the First IB family!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

I am very thankful for the support that Max and all the other people at your company showed during our refinancing experience. I have never had any loan go as smoothly as this one. I appreciate the fact that I was kept up to date on it step by step. Thanks for all the hard work that your team did.

First Internet Bank

Congratulations on your new home, William! We’re honored you chose First IB. We appreciate the positive feedback and your recommendation. Thanks for your business!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

We used First Internet Bank to obtain a mortgage for a house we purchased. Max replied to my online inquiry with a follow-up call within five minutes after submitting! And we were off... Application process was swift and responses were rapid. Interest rate was so good we didn't bother to shop around at all! Our realtor and title company weren't familiar with the bank, but they too mentioned how pleased they were with providing information accurately and quickly. Closing went flawlessly, all docs easy to understand. Highly recommended!

First Internet Bank

And thank YOU, Lee, for choosing First Internet Bank! It was our pleasure to assist you and we’re happy to hear we exceeded your expectations. Welcome to the First IB family!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

Debbie at First Internet Bank of Indiana has been a pleasure to work with. I found First Internet on BankRate.com and was somewhat skeptical due to the really low rates. Well, the rate was true and I even got a great lender credit as well. The customer service was awesome and Debbie walked me through each step. My expectations have been beyond exceeded. Thanks First Internet and Debbie.

First Internet Bank

Thanks for your loyalty to First IB, Blaine! We’re glad you remembered your positive experience and gave us another opportunity to serve you. We appreciate your continued business!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

Scott ** with First Internet Bank handled my original mortgage a couple years ago. He was very professional throughout the process. That was my first mortgage, and he took time to answer all of my (many) questions. I contacted Scott again to request a refinance proposal when interest rates dropped. I ended up going with First Internet Bank for the refinance and I am happy with the outcome.

First Internet Bank

We strive to keep you updated throughout the entire process, but it sounds like we could’ve been a little more proactive in our communication to you. Our apologies that we didn’t meet your expectations. We’ll use this as a reminder to be more timely in providing status updates. Thanks for your feedback.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

George did a nice job presenting information along with options. Well educated on his stuff explained and articulated it well. Need to improve the timelessness of the information along with the overall proactive status updates. Asked for CC information for the appraisal, hit my card with the charge then a few days later credited my account and hit the cc again with a different appraisal company. Nothing wrong with that however proactive communication on what was going on is what I would have expected.

First Internet Bank

Thanks for your loyalty to First IB, Andrew! We truly appreciate the repeat business and we look forward to assisting you again the next time!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

This is my 2nd mortgage refinance with First Internet Bank, both with Mike **, and my 3rd with Mike if you include the time he was with another firm. It's been great to have a relationship with a mortgage broker with whom I can email, just to check rates, and if it looks good, to be able to easily work with him. Because we have a good working relationship (even though we've never met and have only spoken on the phone a couple of times), I know that I can trust Mike to take care of my mortgage needs and he knows I can provide him with what he needs to process my loan. With the most recent experience, he and I only emailed each other - and he got it done quickly and painlessly for us! Should I need to refinance again down the road, I will certainly get in touch with Mike again! Thank you again!

First Internet Bank

Thanks for choosing First IB, Brian! We understand a mortgage is a major transaction, but we’ll do whatever we can to make it as painless as possible. Thanks again for your business and enjoy your new home!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

I approached the idea of using an internet bank cautiously and skeptically for my new mortgage because it was new and unknown to me and reviews are mixed. The closing costs and interest rate offered by First Internet Bank were better than any local lenders. Before trusting in them, I phoned James and discussed my concerns. He assured me that he and his team would be good communicators and would do everything to make the process go smoothly. After closing last week, I can say that he did as he said. All went as smoothly as it could. There was excellent communication and I never had a worry leading up to the closing day. I will recommend James and FIB to friends and family.

First Internet Bank

Taking care of the “little things” is a big deal for us – we’re always here to help! Thanks for your business and congratulations to you and your fiancée on your new home!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

Mike was amazing in helping Ashley and I get our loan. He helped us with our expectations from start to finish. This was so much better than our previous mortgage experience. We had some questions at one point and Mike even called my fiancee at 9pm on a work night to cover them. He helped put her mind at ease. It is the little things in this process that Mike was willing to do that really made a difference. We will be recommend him and FIB to all out friends and family.

First Internet Bank Company Profile