toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

This is 4th time I have worked with Mike ** to either refinance our house or expand our HELOC loan line so we can do home renovation projects. He is an exceptional agent and is always prompt in responding to my questions or when reaching out to me for needed information. He is friendly and knowledgeable and is the reason we keep coming back to First Internet Bank for our home financing needs. I would highly recommend his services to any of my friends and family. I can't say enough positive things about our experience working with Mike.

First Internet Bank

Darrel, we pride ourselves on great customer service, and we’re glad you were satisfied! Thank you for the excellent feedback and future recommendations. Enjoy your new home!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2017

As I work in the financial services industry, I was very content to see your bank deliver on service. Michelle ** did an excellent job of managing expectations and communicating with me throughout the loan process. I was somewhat skeptical regarding the level of service FIBI may provide, as you all are an online vendor. In the end, I moved from being a skeptic to being a satisfied client. I would recommend the bank to a new or existing HO. Well done!

First Internet Bank

At First IB, we love a challenge — but we love making our customers happy even more! Thanks so much for allowing us to help you, and thanks in advance for recommending us to others. Much appreciated!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

My mortgage journey began with a refinance and two separate lenders over a period of about 5 months, both of which provided me with incomplete (and sometimes inaccurate) information. When I was at my wit's end, I used LendingTree and was paired with the First Internet Bank of Indiana. Since I began working with FIB, I've always been kept up to date on what was going on during the mortgage process, I was provided with coaching from Deborah and Christie, two employees FIB is lucky to have, who guided me through the process, listened to my concerns, met impossible deadlines based on my unique circumstances (there was a court order and a limited time to close on the home), and acted more like friends than anything else.

These two ladies kept me positively sane throughout the process, even when external circumstances arose that threatened our deadlines. I truly cannot say enough about FIB and how happy I was to have found this company. Being from Vermont, I had never heard of the bank before the mortgage process, but I happily tell people about them now. Please keep up the amazing work!

First Internet Bank

Wilfredo, thank you so much for the fantastic review and your business! We look forward to working with you again in the future. Welcome to the First IB family – and congratulations on your new home!

Original review: March 23, 2017

FIB was on point every step of the loan process on the purchase of my new home and they never missed a beat. They kept their word and were very diligent on their end to gather all information that was needed to be processed. I can say for certain that I will use FIB for all my future loan needs again!

First Internet Bank

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, Patrick. We recognize the process for getting you set up for automatic payment was a little slower than you expected, and we apologize for the delay. We’ve reviewed your feedback internally and we’re already working to make improvements to our internal procedures to streamline the process going forward. If you’d like to discuss your situation further, please contact our Loan Operations Manager at 317-805-5447. We appreciate your business.

Original review: March 21, 2017

The mortgage application went through in a very smooth and pleasurable process. Scott was very helpful with the questions and provided timely response. The only slightly disappointing experience is after the closing. I have still not received any paperwork by mail and wanted to set up automated payments as well as additional payments towards the principal. As this mortgage is a FIB product (10 year APR) and not being sold on the aftermarket, I am surprised of the length to set up the payment process.

First Internet Bank

We understand the loan process can sometimes take a little longer than you’d like, but we do our best to keep things moving as quickly as possible whenever possible. We certainly appreciate your patience, Ira. Thanks so much for the kudos and your business!

Original review: March 20, 2017

I very much enjoyed working with Ashley throughout the loan approval process. I found her to be caring and professional throughout the loan approval process which unfortunately took a lot longer than we both originally anticipated. I never hesitated to contact her whenever I had a question, or just wanted a quick status of the loan approval process. I enjoyed working with her.

First Internet Bank

Patricia, thanks so much for the rave review! The pleasure was truly ours. Your feedback put a smile on our faces, and we are honored you will recommend us to others. Thank you for choosing First IB!

Original review: March 19, 2017

Scott ** was such a pleasure to work with and he went above and beyond in every aspect. My daughter and son in law recommended him to me since they used him before and everything went smoother than I could have hoped for. I will recommend him to any and everyone that is buying a home. No one can compete with the rates and service. Thank you Scott!!

First Internet Bank

Neel, you were great to work with, too! We’re always happy to go the distance to get you the best product for your needs. Thank you for your future recommendations and complimentary words.

Original review: March 17, 2017

I worked with Debbie, it was great working with her. She went an extra mile to get my discount and MI buyout. 100% satisfaction and 100% value to the customer.

I would highly recommend my friends and family to use first internet bank for their loan needs. Thanks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Internet Bank?

First Internet Bank

Thank you for the kind words, Hugh! We appreciated the opportunity to partner with you, and we are grateful for your business.

Original review: March 16, 2017

Greg and Katie were great, they were very professional, knowledgeable and stayed on top of things, they made things happen. The whole First Internet team did a great job. I will highly recommend First Internet. Thanks to all.

First Internet Bank

Carl, we strive to make the loan process as easy as possible – even if it means we need to send someone to you while you’re traveling! (It’s just too bad we couldn’t personally join you on the beach…) We appreciate the awesome review and the future recommendations!

Original review: March 16, 2017

Very good experience. They arranged for closing our loan even though we were traveling. Closing at our rental condo in Orange Beach AL was on time and seamless. We would gladly recommend First Internet Bank to our family and friends.

First Internet Bank

Why, thank you, Sharon! Our entire mortgage team works together to provide friendly, responsive and accessible service from start to finish. And we excel at resolving even the most complicated issues, to make it as painless as possible for our customers. We appreciate your business!

Original review: March 16, 2017

When I began shopping for a mortgage, as a long-time First IB banking customer, I was thrilled to see that they offered some of the lowest rates around. My loan coordinator, Jessica, was fantastic. From the first phone call, she consistently followed up, answered every question I had, and was professional and friendly. I actually looked forward to our conversations, knowing she would do whatever she could to meet my needs. We hit some complications with the loan, and both Jessica and her manager Chris remained accessible and helpful, so everything was easily resolved. Great experience with a refinance! I would absolutely go back to them for my next loan!

First Internet Bank

Thanks, Guadalupe. We’re glad you chose us, that you had such a great experience and are spreading the word to others! Welcome to the First IB family.

Original review: March 16, 2017

Working with First Internet Bank and all their staff was a great experience. Where other Banks fail First Internet Bank came through and was able to help me refinance my property. The process from beginning to end was smooth. I highly recommend First Internet Bank to all my friends and family who are looking to refinance or a new purchase. Thank You!

First Internet Bank

Thanks for the wonderful review, Chris! We’re so glad we were able to help you and we look forward to assisting others you send our way. (We’ll take great care of them too.) Thank you for choosing First IB!

Original review: March 15, 2017

My experience with first Internet Bank and Mike ** and his co-workers has been awesome. Mike got me a refinance on my main house last year and just recently got me a HELOC so I am able to pay off my rental house mortgage. Needless to say he has improved my quality of life exponentially. I have referred him to Friends and family as a good person to go to for refinancing and mortgages.Thank you.

First Internet Bank

Adam, first off congrats on your new home! Thank you for your glowing feedback as well. We’re glad you had a great experience, and we’d appreciate any future referrals from you AND your realtor. Thanks for choosing First IB!

Original review: March 14, 2017

New home mortgage. We recently purchased a new home and after my previous experience with Jessica, we decided to go with First Internet Bank. The whole process was great and moved along easily. Our realtor was also very happy with the way the process went and will be recommending Jessica in the future. All around it was a great experience.

Resolution In Progress

First Internet Bank

Thank you for your feedback, Michael. We’re sorry your experience did not meet your expectations. All fees were disclosed in the documentation you received, and you were charged for underwriting services rather than an origination fee. We work hard to provide the best loan option for your situation, and you’re never obligated to close the loan with us if you find a better deal elsewhere – even at the last minute. If you’d like to discuss your situation further, please call 1-866-742-5158 and ask to speak to a manager.

Original review: March 11, 2017

Everything was fine except for the promise to not be charged origination fee through the entire processes and then a few days before closing I was told they were charging me. I was stuck and had no choice but to continue with loan due to mandated timeline for divorce settlement. They promised to match the lending tree offer for their quote that I saved. I will be making complaint with NYS banking department.

First Internet Bank

Thank you, Robert! Our quick turnaround and responsiveness are two of our greatest strengths. We are grateful you chose First Internet Bank!

Original review: March 9, 2017

Ashley answered our questions and was timely in getting our loan processed in a short amount of time. She was available when we called or quickly returned our calls. I received lower loan offers from other agencies and asked if she could match these offers. She was unable to match, but at least made the effort.

First Internet Bank

Fernando, thank you for your positive, yet constructive review. Our management team will assess your experience and use it as an opportunity to improve our processes. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

I appreciate everything Ms. ** and other staff members did to service my financial needs. They answered my questions in a timely manner and they were all very polite and professional at all times. One thing I am still waiting is for the assessment of the value of my home that I never received.

First Internet Bank

Thank you, Momen. It’s always our goal to be efficient, responsive and attentive throughout the entire loan process. We are glad you were so happy with your service. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

Kelsey was a great person to work with. She was efficient, accurate & very responsive and worked hard to find the best interest rate and term for my loan. I felt informed and ahead of schedule to close in. This is the best experience with a bank.

First Internet Bank

Joe, we’re happy to hear you received such great service. We understand the loan process can be time-consuming and tedious, and we are always happy to assist you in any way we can. Thank you for your business.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

Refinancing of my home. Loan officer was great as was the processing personnel. The process was very tedious given the amount of paperwork and supporting documentation required to get an approval especially given my financial profile.

First Internet Bank

Anand, congrats on your new home! We understand there can be lots of hoops to jump through when buying a home, and we are always here to make it easier for you. Thank you for the awesome review.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

I had worked with Greg, Glenda and Karina at First Internet Bank. They helped me through each stage of home buying process. Greg is the best who was reachable all time via phone and email. He tried his best to clarify my queries and provided status updates. I would definitely recommend them.

First Internet Bank

Thank you for your business and for the future recommendations, Richard! Exceptional customer service is one of our top priorities, so we’re always happy to help. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

My experience was very positive and Greg ** went above and beyond to help me. Thank you for the exceptional customer service! I would definitely recommend your company to others. Buying a house can often make one feel they are drowning in paperwork and I didn't feel that way this time.

First Internet Bank

Thank you for your feedback, Eileen. We understand your frustration, but please know that we would never intentionally delay sending payment information just to collect late fees. There was simply a miscommunication on our part, and for that, we apologize. After further review of your situation, we initiated a reimbursement of the late fee, and we have also implemented a procedural change that will prompt us to send payment coupons more than once to ensure receipt of the documents.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

We refinanced our mortgage through First IB. While the process was time-consuming and the information/documentation requirements were quite burdensome, it was acceptable as it is a necessary evil and our loan processor was very good at working with me. The closing was fine, although a last minute change resulted in us having to borrow more money that we needed to (it was refunded after closing but that's not the point). However, it is the after closing process that is quite troublesome. The closing package did NOT include payment coupons (the closing officer told us that we would receive them in the mail at a later date). Well, we never received payment coupons or information on making our first payment.

At the beginning of February, knowing that a Feb payment should be made, I emailed the bank inquiring about the missing payment coupons. I did receive a prompt reply with an attached payment coupon but was extremely dismayed to discover that the first payment had been due the day prior. I don't know if this is a "one-off" situation or standard practice, i.e. by failing to provide proper instructions and materials to make payments the bank then gets to charge late fees. Up until the part of the process, I would have recommended First IB to others considering refinancing but now I'm not so sure that I will do so.

First Internet Bank

We’re glad you had an excellent experience, Michael! Making the process smooth, quick and painless is always our goal. Thanks for your complimentary words and for choosing First IB!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Refi was quick and painless. I had spent months with numerous document dumps with previous lenders, most of which was unnecessary based on our finances and credit rating. Here there was none of that and we got the refi done quickly at a great rate.

First Internet Bank

Claudia, we think you are wonderful too! We’re glad we were able to help you with your refinance. Thanks you for the kind words and for choosing First Internet Bank!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

From the very first, Jama of First Internet has been wonderful. She did all the research for me, answered phone calls within a short time, explained anything I did not understand. She spoke as the person she is, not as a disconnected bank official. I hesitated over an internet refinance -- usually I go for face-to-face relating. But this has worked out 100% well.

This is the second time I utilized FIB. FIB is great. Mike kept me in the loop and answered all my questions. If he did not answer the phone, he always called back quickly. And the rest of the team (Taylor, Christie, Tracy) were really helpful.

First Internet Bank

Andrew, thank you for choosing First IB! We appreciate your positive and constructive feedback. Our management team will review your experience and use it as an opportunity to identify where we can further streamline our processes. We were happy to serve you.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

Max was great, but in the beginning there was a mistake in the paperwork because it was written up as a refi and it wasn't. Was also contacted by too many people within someone out helping to "close." Overall hear from like 4 or 5! I would recommend streamlining.

First Internet Bank

Shelia, our goal is always to exceed expectations and make the process as easy as possible! Thank you for your business and for any future customers you may send our way. We truly appreciate your kind words. Welcome to the First IB family!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

My experience with First Internet was painless, simple, and concise... which is exactly as hoped for! Joey **, loan officer, was very helpful right from the beginning. Everyone was fairly quick to respond to emails and were easy to work with. I still can't believe how easy the process was from application to closing (which was in our home!). Thank you for a great experience and I have already recommended First Internet to others.

First Internet Bank

Alice, we’re so glad we could help you and your husband with your loan. Thank you for choosing First Internet Bank – welcome to the First IB family! We appreciate your business.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

My husband and I wanted to refinance our loan to lower our interest rate and get a fixed interest rate. I was apprehensive about First Internet Bank because I had never heard of it. Tyler ** and was very helpful and patient during the entire process, with the help of Christie **. We are pleased with the entire process and closed within 45 days. We would recommend First Internet Bank to anyone wanting to refinance. Thank you for your help.

First Internet Bank

Thank you for the glowing review and for allowing us to serve you, Cherise! Being timely, knowledgeable and helpful is always our goal. We appreciate your business!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

It had been several years since I had been involved in a mortgage transaction. This one was completed ahead of the time estimate given. The account that allowed paperwork to be transmitted securely worked well and showed that you "get" how these types of transactions should work. Having the notary visit our home on our schedule to complete the transaction was fantastic. Jim and the entire team responded to questions and concerns in a timely manner. The rate was competitive with other lenders. I had one lender who initially did not match your pricing but felt that he could given all the details. I declined. You win business by beating not matching your competition. Thanks to all of you.

First Internet Bank

Thanks for your feedback, David. Apologies for the challenges with the title and background search – we needed a little bit of extra time working with the title company to ensure the information we received was accurate. We appreciate your patience and your business!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

Mike ** did an excellent job shepherding my refi. Took a bit longer than projected but was over the holidays. On a poor note, the title and background search was very poor. They didn't use my SSN or address and reported inaccurate info that was a pain to respond to.

First Internet Bank

Thanks for choosing First Internet Bank, Peter! We appreciate your business and we’re glad you had a great experience working with us (that’s always our goal). We’re happy to do whatever we can to help – even with other institutions. We hope you enjoyed your trip to Italy!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

Great experience from beginning to end. Rick ** was precise and thorough and I was able to finish the loan and close in a very short amount of time which included 2 weeks in Italy. Closing attorney came to our home and the real estate appraiser was timely. The entire process was painless really from beginning to end and I honestly feel like I was not being taken advantage of. Good job all the way around.

I do have one concern which I will raise as it really involves something that First Internet Bank may not have much control over. That issue is the sale of my mortgage to an entity who will service that loan. I am concerned that my new servicer, Loan Care LLC, has a very poor customer service reputation. At this point it is simply a concern but there is much bad press out there. That said, they were very slow in contacting me and providing temporary coupons to the point that I had to reach out to Rick ** for his recommendation on what I should do with the first mortgage payment. As it turns out, I sent that payment to First Internet Bank who said they would forward that payment (which includes an escrow amount) to my new loan servicer Loan Care. I will wait to see how that fleshes out. Contact me with any questions.

First Internet Bank

Kerry, thank you for your praise! We also appreciate your constructive feedback. We will share your comments with our team to ensure we are providing a seamless experience throughout the entire process. Thanks for your business!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

Super pleased with Ray ** and the initiatives he made to get our loan closed. Only challenge was when my file was handed off to a person in Arizona after approval because I was in California. Should have stayed with all the connections in Indianapolis. Caused confusion and slowed down the smooth ride I was on.

First Internet Bank

Tia, you are welcome! We do whatever we can to make the process as easy as possible for you. Thank you for the kudos!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

My Loan Officer, Greg **, did an amazing job making sure my experience was extremely smooth, painless, and surprisingly quick. Throughout every step he kept me informed and was quickly available to answer any questions I may have had. Thank you for all the hard work!

First Internet Bank Company Profile