toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

First Internet Bank

Wow, Craig! Calling us one of the best and your rave review is making us blush! We appreciate your kind words and business. It was our pleasure to serve you.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Working with FIB has been one of the best mortgage experiences in my life and we have had a few mortgages. The staff was responsive and courteous. They did not waste any time. They knew exactly what they were doing. I recommend this company to anyone looking to get a mortgage. First Internet Bank outperformed all brokers and local and national banks! Thanks for the great service!

First Internet Bank

Thanks for allowing us to assist you again, Brian! We love hearing that you had another great experience, and we appreciate your loyalty. Thanks again!

Original review: April 17, 2017

Great experience with whole team at First IB. We used First IB last year to refi, then this year for a HELOC. Everyone from beginning till end was very professional. Processing was quick and easy and great communication throughout the process.

First Internet Bank

Darrel, we pride ourselves on great customer service, and we’re glad you were satisfied! Thank you for the excellent feedback and future recommendations. Enjoy your new home!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2017

As I work in the financial services industry, I was very content to see your bank deliver on service. Michelle ** did an excellent job of managing expectations and communicating with me throughout the loan process. I was somewhat skeptical regarding the level of service FIBI may provide, as you all are an online vendor. In the end, I moved from being a skeptic to being a satisfied client. I would recommend the bank to a new or existing HO. Well done!

First Internet Bank

Margaret, thank you for choosing First Internet Bank for your refinancing and for your positive review! We’re glad we could help quickly with any confusion, but we apologize for any complications along the way. We appreciate your understanding of the extra steps we take for the sake of security. Welcome to the First Internet Bank family!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I had a good experience refinancing my home with First Internet Bank. My loan manager answered my calls promptly and answered all my questions. I liked how everything was online and I could upload documents. Sometimes it was a little confusing, though, having to sign on to different secure systems to sign or upload documents. I wish there was just one system or process. But my loan manager helped out when I was confused, and there are various systems and levels of security for a reason. Thanks!

First Internet Bank

Michael, congrats on your new home! Hearing that you received such good service never gets old as that’s always our goal. Thank you for your wonderful feedback, and welcome to the First Internet Bank family!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Michael ** was very professional and efficient. He kept us informed on the progress of our loan. He also made the effort to attend our closing, which we greatly appreciated. He was very persistent and effective in obtaining information required from our Homeowners' Association.

First Internet Bank

Shannon, thanks for your kind words. We do what we can to make your experience pleasant and as painless as possible. Thank you for choosing First Internet Bank!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

Joey was very friendly, responsive, and helpful. The process went smoothly and it was nice to be able to sign the paperwork after hours at home. The rate was good and overall it was a pretty painless and pleasant experience.

First Internet Bank

You’re very welcome, Vincent. When you’re satisfied, we’re satisfied. Thank you for awesome review and any future recommendations!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I am very pleased with the overall service and attention that I received from Shelly and all who were involved in my refinance. The process was extremely smooth and there were no unexpected surprises. I would recommend your services to anyone interested in excellent product/services. Thank you so much. I'm very satisfied.

First Internet Bank

Irma, we know time is of the essence during the loan process so we respond as quickly as possible. Thank you for taking the time to leave such a rave review. We appreciate your business!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

We had a great experience with First Internet. We frequently asked question by both email and phone (almost daily) and Kelsey responded to us almost immediately, and often on weekends. Everything was done promptly and the whole process was made very simple for us!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Internet Bank?

First Internet Bank

Andrew, although we were glad to hear you had a good experience overall, we apologize for not meeting your expectations on the processing side. We appreciate your positive, yet honest and constructive feedback. Your concerns have been shared with the management team as an opportunity to improve our loan processing overall. Thank you for your business and for choosing First Internet Bank!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I had a very positive experience with Debbie **. She was very helpful and worked to get me the best combination of low interest rate and low closing costs. I also really loved it that the closer came to my house! The only negative experience was that I felt the loan processor, Glenda **, did not seem very knowledgeable. For example, even though I had sent her copies of my annuity award, she wanted additional documentation to show that they would continue to pay this each month, even though the notification clearly stated that the annuity would continue for life and was irreversible.

She re-requested documents that had already been submitted, and insisted that she needed all the boiler plate pages of my Social Security award letter, when all she really needed was the first page showing my name, benefit amount and effective date. I finally had to ask Debbie to intervene on my behalf, and she was able to straighten things out. Otherwise, I was very happy with my experience with First Internet Bank.

First Internet Bank

Jeff, thank you for your repeat business and excellent review. You are welcome; we are happy to help!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I found your bank through LendingTree. I have done 2 loans with you now. It's been a very easy process. Kent has been great to work with, communicating efficiently and quickly when needed. Thanks for the great customer service.

First Internet Bank

Debbie, to hear us described as superior is truly flattering! Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience. Welcome to the First Internet Bank family!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

We had started the refinance process with our former mortgage holder, but when we heard about First Internet Bank and spoke with Debbie, it was apparent that your services were superior to that of our former mortgage company. It was a very smooth, organized, and professional process! Hats off to your organization and staff.

First Internet Bank

Matt, we’re happy to hear we were able to be an informative resource throughout the entire loan process. Thank you for sharing your great experience and for any future referrals.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I was skeptical at first, of course. I had never dealt with an internet bank but always with a hometown bank. Scott was great. Never pushy but only informative. He guided me through the whole experience so I always knew what was needed to be done. I have no problem recommending First IB to friends. (too bad about that unfortunate acronym: FIB ha ha)

First Internet Bank

Robert, we're very happy you’re very happy! Thank you for sharing such detailed and excellent feedback. We know the loan process can be complicated and that you may have questions, so we’ll do whatever we can to answer your questions quickly, accurately and thoroughly. Thanks so much for your business and welcome to the First IB family!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I was first contacted by Tyler from First Internet Bank after submitting a Lending Tree inquiry online. I was flooded with a wave of many sales calls including one from my prior mortgage servicer, Citibank. Citibank promised to beat any offer as they wanted to keep me as a customer. In the end, they were not able to make good on this promise, as they could not even match much less beat the numbers Tyler provided from First Internet Bank. The rate and terms were the best I could find anywhere. Aside from the numbers, I was very happy with the time Tyler took to get me in this loan, taking my calls and answering concerns immediately and thoroughly. He simplified the entire process and I cannot say enough as to his professionalism and customer service. The process from start to finish went off without a hitch and I am totally satisfied with the way things went. Great closing and experience!

First Internet Bank

Soledad, thanks for the kind words and future recommendations. Hearing that your process was painless brings a smile to our faces!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Mike was a pleasure to work with. He was responsive, kept me informed as moved through the process. Was diligent in getting through some problems which were out of his hands. The entire process was painless and I would not hesitate to recommend Mike ** to friends and family.

First Internet Bank

First off, Elizabeth, congrats on your new home! We were happy to serve you – and are honored to hear we even impressed your seasoned realtor. Thank you for your great review and for any future recommendations.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Although I was hesitant to use an online bank for my mortgage, First Internet provided exceptional care and service. My loan officer kept me informed through the whole process and made it understandable and affordable. I was thoroughly impressed by the service I received, and would highly recommend them to everyone. Even my realtor was impressed with them, and he has been in the business for decades.

First Internet Bank

Carrie, our condolences on the loss of your father. We’re glad your experience was a positive one during this especially difficult time. Thank you for taking a few moments to leave such kind and meaningful feedback.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

James did a great job, everything was done quickly and on time. The document submission was easy. When my Dad passed away in the middle of the process James and Christie were very understanding that I wasn't functioning very well. We made it through and closing went off without a hitch.

First Internet Bank

Brian, we look forward to serving you in the future with any mortgage or other banking needs. Mortgages can be overwhelming so we are committed to helping you through the entire process. Thanks for sharing the great feedback, and welcome to the First IB family!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

First Internet Bank was very responsive to my mortgage needs. The closing went as expected with no surprises. They kept me informed throughout the entire process and I would most definitely use them again. Kudos to the entire First Internet Bank Team.

First Internet Bank

Ajaya, we’re happy that you’re really happy! Thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review. We do whatever we can to make your experience as easy as possible – and that includes bringing the closing documents to you! Thanks for choosing First IB!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

We did refinance our existing mortgage. We worked with Kelsey and she worked with me till the end and making sure I am on board. It made us felt refinancing was easier than we thought. All we did was lock rate and submitted documents for approval. We closed in less than 3 weeks. They came to our place to get documents signed. Low closing cost than other lenders. I am really happy that we choose FIB.

First Internet Bank

You’re welcome, James! We appreciate your honest, thorough and flattering review! We’re always up for the challenge of answering tough questions and hitting your timeline. Thank you for your business.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Nikko was always very professional while helping us with our loan application. He kept us informed during the loan application and worked closely with our real estate. I would throw some curves to Nikko which could have made his job much more difficult and he would knock it out of the park. My realtor and closing agent both said they didn't think he could have gotten it done in the amount of time he had to do it. My hat is off to Nikko and a grateful thank you to First Internet Bank.

First Internet Bank

Excellent, diligent, effortless – and one of the best refinancing experiences you’ve ever had? We’ll take it, Patricia! Thanks for taking time to write such a rave review and for choosing First IB.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

From beginning to end the process was effortless. Kent was excellent, he answered all my questions and was diligent in his work. This has been one of the best refinancing experience I've ever had. Thank you for making the process so effortless.

First Internet Bank

First, congratulations on your new condo, Carla! Second, thanks so much for your glowing review – and thanks in advance for any future referrals you send our way! We truly appreciate your feedback and your business.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

We recently purchased a condominium and applied for a mortgage through First Internet Bank after shopping mortgage rates and fees. First Internet Bank's rate and fees were very competitive. The entire process went smoothly - we were advised early in the process about the majority of the information that we would need to provide and how the application process would proceed. Our information was reviewed quickly and open items addressed promptly. Debbie, our mortgage loan officer, was very professional and courteous - a pleasure with whom to work! She was very attentive to our application and kept us apprised of the status. Given the opportunity, I will recommend First Internet Bank for mortgage services. Our experience was excellent.

First Internet Bank

Thank you, Frederick and Barbara! We know refinancing a home has lots of steps so it’s always our goal to keep you informed along the way. We’d be happy to serve you again with any banking needs!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I found each to be professional mannered and knowledgeable with my financing needs. Each step went smooth and those involved kept me informed either by a phone call or e-mail. Home closing as in the refinancing steps went off without a hitch. I was pleased with the outcome and would use 1st Internet Bank in any future banking needs.

First Internet Bank

Ashok, we know you have a lot on your mind when applying for a mortgage. That’s why we communicate often and make the process as quick and easy as possible. We’re happy to hear you had a good experience and look forward to serving you again in the future. Thanks for your positive review and any future recommendations!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Very good and fast communication. Documentation was easy. Very impressed with speedy processing to meet tight closing deadline. Tyler and Dean were best. Got best interest rate than competitors. Overall Good experience. Will definitely use bank again for any future mortgage needs. Will also recommend friends and family.

First Internet Bank

Thank you for sharing your great experience, Sarat! We also appreciate any future recommendations. We’re happy we could be a trusted resource for you during the loan process. Welcome to the First IB family!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

It was great working with Joey. I really appreciate the effort he has put in securing my loan. I also greatly value his inputs. Joey has followed up sincerely and helped in securing my loan. I am going to recommend this to my friends and family.

First Internet Bank

Antony, thank you for your constructive and honest feedback. We’re glad you were satisfied with your overall experience. We understand it can be frustrating to upload your documentation rather than send it via email, but we require the use of a secure tool to keep your financial information safe. Unfortunately, because of federal guidelines required by the Real Estate Settlement Procedure Act (RESPA), reapplying for a mortgage is unavoidable when adding another person to the application. That should have been communicated to you more clearly, and for that we apologize. We’ve shared your concerns with management to be used as a training opportunity for improved customer communication. Thank you for choosing First Internet Bank.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I was satisfied with my mortgage experience with the following comments: initial call back was fast and ongoing communication was clear and timely, the rate was excellent, I needed to completely reapply when it turned out that my wife needed to be added to the application - this seemed unnecessary as FIB could have ported my information over to a new application and Uploading my financial information was not easy- and the broker was in two minds about uploading vs. e-mailing- this could be improved.

First Internet Bank

Keith, thanks for the awesome recommendation! We strive to be helpful, and to go above and beyond to exceed our customers’ expectations. Thanks for choosing First Internet Bank!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

My experience was very satisfying and I would recommend First Internet Bank. I appreciate the personal and professional attention to detail. Everyone was very helpful and I have known and worked with Chris ** on prior mortgages. Chris goes above expectations.

First Internet Bank

Judy, we’re glad you were not only impressed with our great rates, but with the professional and personal service you received. Thanks for your excellent review! We’re happy we were able to ease your mind and reduce your stress level during the refinancing process. That’s what we’re here for! Thanks for your business.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

We were more than happy with our refinance process and they will have us as repeat customers. Not only did we get the best rate, we have the most professional, responsive and patient loan officer. We highly recommended Jim **. He went above and beyond and is very attentive to clients during what could be a stressful process for most. He delivers on his promises and keeps his clients posted.

First Internet Bank

Thank you so much, Brian, for your outstanding feedback and your business! We’re glad we could make the refinancing process efficient for you and your wife – and that choosing us based on your first impression worked out so well!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

My wife Christine & I want to thank Jessica specifically for everything. We were going to shop a few ReFi options, but after my first call to Jessica, there was no reason to shop or look any further. She took us through the process efficiently & with great professionalism. Couldn't recommend her or First Internet Bank any higher. Thank you so much again!!!

First Internet Bank

Thomas, thank you for your great review and especially for your loyalty to First IB! We always do our best to be responsive to your needs and make things as easy as possible for you. We hope you are enjoying your new home!

Original review: June 1, 2017

We had a very good experience with this mortgage for a second home. This is the second time we have worked with Jessica **. She and the team were available, helpful and responsive. We were able to do everything over the internet. The rate is favorable, as well. We would use First Internet Bank again.

First Internet Bank

First off, Sovdeep, congrats on your new home! And, thank you for your kind words. We know how stressful a home purchase can be, so we strive to make the process easy for our customers. Your business is greatly appreciated.

Original review: May 31, 2017

Scott was amazing and all the good experience was due to the his warm and approachable persona! The documentation and thank you FIB for my house buying help and ease! The paperwork and the detailed approach and proactive information was key to closing in less than a month!

First Internet Bank

Suzanne, wow! Thank you for awesome review, and your repeated business. We greatly appreciate any recommendations you send us as well.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I would like to say that working with FIB is wonderful. Everything is done online and they can see your documents quickly. They are very responsive to any emails, questions, etc. We have used FIB on several occasions and would highly recommend. Rick ** is the best too!!!

First Internet Bank

Michael, first off, congrats on your new home! We’re also pleased to hear you had such a great experience with the mortgage process. Thank you for your rave review and any future recommendations!

Original review: May 4, 2017

Max ** was very helpful and instrumental in assisting us in securing a mortgage on the new home we purchased in Myrtle Beach, SC. We have been completely satisfied with his handling of this transaction and would recommend him to our friends and family.

First Internet Bank

Dana, we’re glad your research paid off and that you had such a great experience! No matter where you are, we are always working to keep the process moving for you. Thanks for your kind words and your business. Welcome to the First IB family!

Original review: April 23, 2017

After a lot of web research and many web reviews I decided to give it a try. I was very skeptical at first and was nervous not using a local company but Greg ** was very thorough and encouraged me to read reviews. The process was very easy. Greg kept me updated of where I was in the process and what to expect next. All questions were answered promptly. Dean ** was also very prompt with responses of the loan process. We went on two week long business trips during the process and nothing was delayed due to us being out of state. Notary came to our home to sign as requested. Very professional at all times throughout the complete process.

First Internet Bank Company Profile