toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

First Internet Bank

It was an absolute pleasure to work with you as well, Jason! Everyone on the First IB team is here to support you, from start to finish. We appreciate your business!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

It was an absolute pleasure to work with the team at 1st IB. All of the people that communicated with me were professional, fast, and knowledgeable. David, my primary contact was always available to answer questions and get me to the right place, even when other team members were handling their part of the transaction. In the end our refinance went through super fast and we received a great rate. They even handled our VA loan like it was second nature. Great job!

First Internet Bank

At First IB, we love a challenge — but we love making our customers happy even more! Thanks so much for allowing us to help you, and thanks in advance for recommending us to others. Much appreciated!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

My mortgage journey began with a refinance and two separate lenders over a period of about 5 months, both of which provided me with incomplete (and sometimes inaccurate) information. When I was at my wit's end, I used LendingTree and was paired with the First Internet Bank of Indiana. Since I began working with FIB, I've always been kept up to date on what was going on during the mortgage process, I was provided with coaching from Deborah and Christie, two employees FIB is lucky to have, who guided me through the process, listened to my concerns, met impossible deadlines based on my unique circumstances (there was a court order and a limited time to close on the home), and acted more like friends than anything else.

These two ladies kept me positively sane throughout the process, even when external circumstances arose that threatened our deadlines. I truly cannot say enough about FIB and how happy I was to have found this company. Being from Vermont, I had never heard of the bank before the mortgage process, but I happily tell people about them now. Please keep up the amazing work!

First Internet Bank

Thanks for allowing us to earn your business! We’re glad you’re a part of the First IB family, and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

I was a bit cautious working with FIB, because I had never heard of them before, and due to online scams and fraud, anything associated with the Internet can be a little frightening! I was quite pleased with my interactions and ease of getting my refinance processed. Everything could be uploaded on-line and was pretty straight-forward. I found their rates and overall fees very competitive when I was looking. The best part of FIB was their customer service and willingness to call me back when I had questions. They were always polite, responsive and thorough.

First Internet Bank

First, congratulations on buying your first home, Jamie! We understand it can be a complicated, stressful process — but we’re always here to help! Thanks for allowing us to be a part of your journey. Congratulations again and thanks for your business!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2016

As a first time home buyer, the whole process seemed daunting, but Shane **, my mortgage loan officer at FIB, answered every single question promptly and patiently and actually made the experience fun from the first phone call to the closing.

First Internet Bank

Thanks so much, Otis! We understand the process can be a lot of work on your end, but we’ll do whatever we can on our end to make it as easy as possible for you. We’re truly grateful for your business and we appreciate your exceptional feedback (oh, and the recommendations too…). Welcome to the First IB family!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

My experience with Chris ** and the rest of the crew at First Internet Bank could not have been more positive. Chris helped every step of the way to make the process as painless as possible. Frankly, his follow-up kept me motivated when I found myself getting bogged down in the minutia of digging out all the necessary documents. I have nothing but praise for the cordial, professional manner with Chris conducted himself. I'm extremely happy I took a chance with an entity, quite frankly, I hadn't heard of before. I knew I didn't want to re-fi with a HUGE operation and simply be a number. Please don't think I'm denigrating First. On the contrary, whatever the size of the institution (and I realize you ain't small) the congenial way I was treated is something that has been missing for far too long at other businesses. I've already recommended First Internet Bank and will continue to do so. Many thanks!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Internet Bank?

From the first phone call to inquire about a mortgage, Nikko ** was professional, friendly and extremely knowledgeable. Within a few minutes I was preapproved for a mortgage and was able to locate a property to purchase. As soon as I made an offer, the paperwork began. I feel like I became family with Nikko as we were probably on the phone almost every day with some question I had. He was always able to lessen the stress and then the process continued with Katie **, who was as professional and we finally received word that we were in the home stretch. We close in 2 days, and I couldn't be happier. Both Nikko and Katie were truly wonderful to work with. Great team! Thanks.

First Internet Bank

And we couldn’t be happier to serve you, Rob! We truly appreciate your business and look forward to the opportunity to assist your friends and family. Welcome to the First IB family!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

Greg ** and his team worked diligently to find the loan that would best suit my needs and resources. The professionalism throughout the entire process was second to none. I would gladly recommend any of my friends and family to your bank to any banking needs. I could not be happier.

First Internet Bank

Thanks for your loyalty to First IB, Marty! We also appreciate your honest feedback. Consistently good customer service from the first interaction to the last is very important to us. Our managers are reviewing your experience to identify opportunities for improvement, to ensure we meet – or exceed – your expectations going forward.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

Greg ** was one of the main reasons we went with your bank for our refinancing. We worked with him before and he was courteous, professional and prompt to communicate. Unfortunately, we cannot say that about others on the team. Others failed to meet our expectations with respect to prompt response times.

First Internet Bank

Thanks, Ryan! Our entire team works together to provide a consistently great experience, so we look forward to repeating that feat the next time we work together. We appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

My experience was great. Whenever I had questions someone responded promptly with an answer. There were no surprises during the process. The loan officer was knowledgeable and provided honest prompt responses. In all I wouldn't hesitate to use First Internet Bank again for future transactions. That pretty much sums it up.

First Internet Bank

As the saying goes, good things come to those who wait. Thanks for allowing us the opportunity to assist you, Jason!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

I spoke with Aaron ** almost daily for over a month waiting for the perfect day to pull the trigger and lock in my rate. Once that was done, it was smooth sailing and a super fast refinance to closing. Took about 30 days from lock to closing with no problems at all. Received the best rate possible anywhere for a 30-year refinance. Would recommend without question.

First Internet Bank

Thanks, Michael, for your recommendation! At First IB, our goal is to provide a consistently great experience from the entire team, so we’re happy to hear that we’re making that happen. Thanks again!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

Truly a great experience working with the professionals at FIB. Mr. **, Ms. ** and the entire Mortgage Team provided excellent service and were readily available when I had questions. I would highly recommend working with these guys for your Mortgage needs.

First Internet Bank

Thanks so much, Marlene! We’re thrilled that you had an excellent experience, and we’re truly grateful for your endorsement.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

We had an excellent experience with First Internet Bank. Rick **, our Mortgage Loan Officer, was knowledgeable and efficient. We had several other refinance proposals; however First Internet Bank provided us with the best rates and terms to suit our needs. The process was quick and flawless. I would recommend First Internet Bank and Rick ** to anyone in need of refinancing their mortgage.

First Internet Bank

Thanks for choosing First IB, John! We appreciate your trust in us and we’re glad you’re a part of the First IB family! (And thanks in advance for recommending us to others.)

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

Unbeatable price and terms. I will definitely choose FIB again, And I will recommend it to others. The other parties involved, seller and agent, were apprehensive when seeing that I was using an out of area bank. However, FIB came through on the required dates and terms.

First Internet Bank

Awww, we think you’re awesome too! Thanks for your business!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

Mike ** was awesome. He did a fantastic job working through all the issues we had. And was always available to take my calls or answer emails – nights, weekends, whenever. And he did a great job coordinating with title company. Thanks so much!

First Internet Bank

Thanks for allowing us to help you again, Angelo! We’re pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations again this time and we look forward to future opportunities to assist you!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

Re-Fi existing mortgage after home improvements, I used Mike last year to consolidate and re-structure my debt with great success, so it was a great fit to return to him. As with my past experience, he performed well above all my expectations and never left me in the dark as to where we were headed in the entire process. Absolute pleasure to work with him and the people connected to First Internet Bank.

First Internet Bank

We’re glad we were able to assist with your refinance, Chris! Thank you for choosing First Internet Bank and we look forward to helping you again!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

If it wasn't for Mike ** I wouldn't have refinanced. He answered all my questions and gave me the BEST offer. I would recommend First Internet Bank to my friends due to Mike's assistance. I would work with Mike again if I was to refinance or take a loan of any kind with Fibank.

First Internet Bank

Thank you for choosing First Internet Bank, Kari! We know buying a home can be a stressful process, so we’re glad we were able to make it a little less painful for you. Enjoy your new home!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

Thank you to Ray ** and First Internet Bank. We had an excellent and seamless experience. Ray is extremely professional and was always promptly replied to our phone calls and emails. Ray also took the time to thoroughly explain each stage of the mortgage loan process. FIB processors and admin staff were also professional and great communicators. I highly recommend Ray and FIB!

First Internet Bank

Wow! We’re so happy that you and your family have been a part of the First IB family for so long that we’ll save you an extra helping of your favorite dessert at the next family reunion… (All kidding aside, we’re truly grateful for your loyalty to First Internet Bank! Many, many thanks.)

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

I have been with First Internet Bank for many many years. They have serviced my needs better than any of the other banks ever have. The website and mobile app are better than all the other banks I have tried. All four of my children have accounts with them too. Strongly recommend for ALL your banking needs. They have been a great partner over the years in meeting my and my families' financial needs.

First Internet Bank

The pleasure was all ours, Amily! We truly appreciate your business and especially value your tremendous feedback. Thanks again for your recommendation!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

I had the pleasure of going through the mortgage process with my loan officer at First Internet Bank. He was very proactive and not pushy. It was important to me that my mortgage company was good because I read a lot of awful stories when shopping for a mortgage. The mortgage rates for FIB were competitive and the reviews were good, so I decided on FIB. Everyone during the mortgage process was helpful and quick to respond. They have the process extremely streamlined, so there was no delay on part of the bank. I would recommend FIB if you're shopping for a mortgage. Despite being an internet bank, I think they did a better job than some of the larger, traditional banks.

First Internet Bank

So glad you had a great experience, Clarence! It’s always our goal to make it a painless process from start to finish. We are grateful for your business!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

James was great throughout the entire process. He was always available when I had a question. I have gotten numerous loans in the past, and I would say that Mr. ** was the most helpful and professional. I would definitely recommend First Internet Bank. The process was straightforward and efficient.

First Internet Bank

Thanks times two, Michael! We appreciate the business – and the referrals. Much appreciated!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

We refinanced both of our mortgages via the bank. The services tendered to us by both Max and Glenda were professional and accurate. We did refer others to Max. Thanks to both of these great folks. The process was very smooth.

First Internet Bank

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, Rick! (That’s one thanks for each star…) We appreciate the opportunity to partner with you for your refinance and we hope to serve you again the next time!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

I wanted to take a minute and provide feedback on the excellent job that both First Internet Bank and John ** displayed during a recent refinance. I have dealt with many firms and can say they are the best by far. Clear communication and easy to do business with. Five stars!

First Internet Bank

Thanks, Jeffrey! We make it our mission to go the extra mile – and then some – to ‘wow’ our customers. We look forward to helping you again!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

The First Internet team I worked with, led by Melissa **, was extremely professional and really went the extra mile to provide great customer service. Furthermore, they were able to give me a very competitive rate. I will use them again.

First Internet Bank

Thanks for the feedback, Yann. We’ve heard similar comments before (and we agree with you!), so we’re already working to enhance the document collection website to make it a little more sophisticated and user friendly for your next experience. Thanks again for your business and trust in us!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

Great experience with the Sales team but the operational process could be improved. Website to upload documents should be improved and the definite list of documents required should be communicated upfront to avoid having back and forth. A website with a workflow, status... is what we expect from an internet bank, there is work to be done in this area to provide the perfect experience and support. That being said the whole experience is much better than with other banks I dealt in the past.

First Internet Bank

Thanks so much for choosing First IB, and for any recommendations you may send our way. Welcome to the First IB family!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2016

I recently refinanced my mortgage with Mr. Nikko ** of First Internet Bank. He was very professional and patient to get all the details during the process. I am very happy for the interest rate and smooth closing, and I absolutely recommend him to anyone. Thank you Nikko!

First Internet Bank

Congratulations on buying your first home, Daren! We’re happy to have been a part of it, and appreciate your recommendations to family and friends. Thanks for choosing First IB!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

Our experience with First Internet Bank was very good. Our representatives were responsive and was able to answer our questions accurately and completely. We did not know what to expect for our first home buying experience but we were pleasantly surprised in the service that we received. We would recommend First Internet Bank to friends and family.

First Internet Bank

Thanks for the fantastic feedback, Tom! It never gets old hearing that our customers have had a great experience — that’s always our goal! Thanks for choosing First Internet Bank!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

We had the greatest experience with First Internet Bank. The process couldn't have been easier and our Loan officer Greg ** is a consummate professional. He introduced us to the conforming high balance loan which allowed us to buy more house conventionally without the ridiculous mortgage insurance that comes with a typical FHA loan. Utilize First Internet Bank and Greg ** and I promise you will be thrilled with the ease of the experience.

First Internet Bank

Thanks so much for your loyalty, Kim! We truly appreciate the referrals to your family, and we’re thrilled to have all of you as part of the First IB family!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

Debbie has assisted my family, both immediate and extended, on over seven occasions over the past five years. She is always reliable, professional, and works hard to ensure the customer is getting the best possible deal for their unique scenario/needs. I have recommended - and will continue to recommend - Debbie to others looking to purchase or refinance their homes. She will make their experience clear, honest, and as stress-less as possible.

Mike ** was great. Only reason there weren't 5 stars given is that the lender credit was not what I was originally told that I would get (because he didn't lock the loan until later in the day)... That cost me $500 and it would have been better not to spend that money. Other than that, he was fantastic and everything was smooth as smooth can be.

First Internet Bank

Thanks so much, Mark! It’s always our goal to be responsive, attentive and helpful every step along the way. We appreciate your recommendation (and your business). Thanks again!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

Joey ** is an excellent professional in every regard to work with. He is the most knowledgeable mortgage finance person that I have ever worked with. He makes it simple, understandable and stays on top of every detail. I would highly recommend working with Internet Bank and Joey **.

First Internet Bank Company Profile