toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

First Internet Bank

Darrel, we pride ourselves on great customer service, and we’re glad you were satisfied! Thank you for the excellent feedback and future recommendations. Enjoy your new home!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2017

As I work in the financial services industry, I was very content to see your bank deliver on service. Michelle ** did an excellent job of managing expectations and communicating with me throughout the loan process. I was somewhat skeptical regarding the level of service FIBI may provide, as you all are an online vendor. In the end, I moved from being a skeptic to being a satisfied client. I would recommend the bank to a new or existing HO. Well done!

First Internet Bank

It was an absolute pleasure to work with you as well, Jason! Everyone on the First IB team is here to support you, from start to finish. We appreciate your business!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

It was an absolute pleasure to work with the team at 1st IB. All of the people that communicated with me were professional, fast, and knowledgeable. David, my primary contact was always available to answer questions and get me to the right place, even when other team members were handling their part of the transaction. In the end our refinance went through super fast and we received a great rate. They even handled our VA loan like it was second nature. Great job!

First Internet Bank

At First IB, we love a challenge — but we love making our customers happy even more! Thanks so much for allowing us to help you, and thanks in advance for recommending us to others. Much appreciated!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

My mortgage journey began with a refinance and two separate lenders over a period of about 5 months, both of which provided me with incomplete (and sometimes inaccurate) information. When I was at my wit's end, I used LendingTree and was paired with the First Internet Bank of Indiana. Since I began working with FIB, I've always been kept up to date on what was going on during the mortgage process, I was provided with coaching from Deborah and Christie, two employees FIB is lucky to have, who guided me through the process, listened to my concerns, met impossible deadlines based on my unique circumstances (there was a court order and a limited time to close on the home), and acted more like friends than anything else.

These two ladies kept me positively sane throughout the process, even when external circumstances arose that threatened our deadlines. I truly cannot say enough about FIB and how happy I was to have found this company. Being from Vermont, I had never heard of the bank before the mortgage process, but I happily tell people about them now. Please keep up the amazing work!

First Internet Bank

Kerry, thank you for your praise! We also appreciate your constructive feedback. We will share your comments with our team to ensure we are providing a seamless experience throughout the entire process. Thanks for your business!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

Super pleased with Ray ** and the initiatives he made to get our loan closed. Only challenge was when my file was handed off to a person in Arizona after approval because I was in California. Should have stayed with all the connections in Indianapolis. Caused confusion and slowed down the smooth ride I was on.

First Internet Bank

Tia, you are welcome! We do whatever we can to make the process as easy as possible for you. Thank you for the kudos!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

My Loan Officer, Greg **, did an amazing job making sure my experience was extremely smooth, painless, and surprisingly quick. Throughout every step he kept me informed and was quickly available to answer any questions I may have had. Thank you for all the hard work!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Internet Bank?

First Internet Bank

We know things can sometimes take a little longer than you’d prefer, but we’ll do whatever we can to keep things moving. Thanks so much for your business, Roy! We truly appreciate your feedback and any referrals you send our way.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

Michelle was great to work with and kept in constant contact throughout the process. The lead time for an appraiser in my area was very long to the point where it could go beyond the already long rate lock period. First Internet Bank assured me they would honor the lock even if closing had to be pushed out which gave me peace of mind. I would recommend FIB to anyone interested in a home refinancing.

My loan officer Greg ** handled my refi quickly, professionally and honestly. From start to finish I felt like I was in good hands. The loan rate was very competitive and there were no hidden costs. I would highly recommend both First Internet Bank and Greg **. Thanks Greg!

First Internet Bank

Thanks, David! We treat our customers how we would want to be treated – low pressure, but available whenever you need us! Welcome to the First IB family, and we look forward to working with you in the future.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

After starting the process with Quicken we were not impressed with their high pressure sales and decided to try out First Internet Bank. Michael ** was great to work with and took the time to answer all of my questions. He always called back when I left messages and answered my emails promptly. While the process is always a bit tedious with any loan I felt First Internet Bank was very easy to work with and the process went very smoothly. I believe it was under 45 days from start to finish. We'd deal with them again.

First Internet Bank

Quick, easy and responsive – three things we always aspire to when helping our customers. We appreciate your kind words and business, Ferit. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

Working with Greg ** and the team was a very satisfying experience. They never pushed and always provide the best possible rate; was very responsive to all my questions and got all the answers I required. One of my easiest and fastest process for a mortgage.

First Internet Bank

A consistently great experience from start to finish is always our goal. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your refinance. Thanks for your business, Dennis, and welcome to the First IB family!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

I am very thankful for the support that Max and all the other people at your company showed during our refinancing experience. I have never had any loan go as smoothly as this one. I appreciate the fact that I was kept up to date on it step by step. Thanks for all the hard work that your team did.

First Internet Bank

Congratulations on your new home, William! We’re honored you chose First IB. We appreciate the positive feedback and your recommendation. Thanks for your business!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

We used First Internet Bank to obtain a mortgage for a house we purchased. Max replied to my online inquiry with a follow-up call within five minutes after submitting! And we were off... Application process was swift and responses were rapid. Interest rate was so good we didn't bother to shop around at all! Our realtor and title company weren't familiar with the bank, but they too mentioned how pleased they were with providing information accurately and quickly. Closing went flawlessly, all docs easy to understand. Highly recommended!

First Internet Bank

And thank YOU, Lee, for choosing First Internet Bank! It was our pleasure to assist you and we’re happy to hear we exceeded your expectations. Welcome to the First IB family!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

Debbie at First Internet Bank of Indiana has been a pleasure to work with. I found First Internet on BankRate.com and was somewhat skeptical due to the really low rates. Well, the rate was true and I even got a great lender credit as well. The customer service was awesome and Debbie walked me through each step. My expectations have been beyond exceeded. Thanks First Internet and Debbie.

First Internet Bank

Thanks for your loyalty to First IB, Blaine! We’re glad you remembered your positive experience and gave us another opportunity to serve you. We appreciate your continued business!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

Scott ** with First Internet Bank handled my original mortgage a couple years ago. He was very professional throughout the process. That was my first mortgage, and he took time to answer all of my (many) questions. I contacted Scott again to request a refinance proposal when interest rates dropped. I ended up going with First Internet Bank for the refinance and I am happy with the outcome.

First Internet Bank

We strive to keep you updated throughout the entire process, but it sounds like we could’ve been a little more proactive in our communication to you. Our apologies that we didn’t meet your expectations. We’ll use this as a reminder to be more timely in providing status updates. Thanks for your feedback.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

George did a nice job presenting information along with options. Well educated on his stuff explained and articulated it well. Need to improve the timelessness of the information along with the overall proactive status updates. Asked for CC information for the appraisal, hit my card with the charge then a few days later credited my account and hit the cc again with a different appraisal company. Nothing wrong with that however proactive communication on what was going on is what I would have expected.

First Internet Bank

Thanks for your loyalty to First IB, Andrew! We truly appreciate the repeat business and we look forward to assisting you again the next time!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

This is my 2nd mortgage refinance with First Internet Bank, both with Mike **, and my 3rd with Mike if you include the time he was with another firm. It's been great to have a relationship with a mortgage broker with whom I can email, just to check rates, and if it looks good, to be able to easily work with him. Because we have a good working relationship (even though we've never met and have only spoken on the phone a couple of times), I know that I can trust Mike to take care of my mortgage needs and he knows I can provide him with what he needs to process my loan. With the most recent experience, he and I only emailed each other - and he got it done quickly and painlessly for us! Should I need to refinance again down the road, I will certainly get in touch with Mike again! Thank you again!

First Internet Bank

Thanks for choosing First IB, Brian! We understand a mortgage is a major transaction, but we’ll do whatever we can to make it as painless as possible. Thanks again for your business and enjoy your new home!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

I approached the idea of using an internet bank cautiously and skeptically for my new mortgage because it was new and unknown to me and reviews are mixed. The closing costs and interest rate offered by First Internet Bank were better than any local lenders. Before trusting in them, I phoned James and discussed my concerns. He assured me that he and his team would be good communicators and would do everything to make the process go smoothly. After closing last week, I can say that he did as he said. All went as smoothly as it could. There was excellent communication and I never had a worry leading up to the closing day. I will recommend James and FIB to friends and family.

First Internet Bank

Taking care of the “little things” is a big deal for us – we’re always here to help! Thanks for your business and congratulations to you and your fiancée on your new home!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

Mike was amazing in helping Ashley and I get our loan. He helped us with our expectations from start to finish. This was so much better than our previous mortgage experience. We had some questions at one point and Mike even called my fiancee at 9pm on a work night to cover them. He helped put her mind at ease. It is the little things in this process that Mike was willing to do that really made a difference. We will be recommend him and FIB to all out friends and family.

First Internet Bank

Outstanding, excellent, quick…we get that reaction a lot, but it never gets old! Thanks for allowing us to serve you, Nathan. We’re glad you had a great experience!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

Mike and the team at First Internet Bank were outstanding. They offered the lowest rate around and followed it up with excellent service. Mike was quick in response time, accurate and offered great advise. The refinance process required a lot of documentation but they helped through the whole process. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Thank you!

First Internet Bank

Thanks Gary! We appreciate your kind words – and your business! Thanks in advance for the recommendations and we look forward to assisting you again.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

Fast, easy, and intuitive. Worked with Rick and his team, who were all amazing. Every inquiry was answered very quickly, completely, and with the utmost professionalism and knowledge. Closed in a very reasonable amount of time with a great notary to boot. Would absolutely use FIB again and/or recommend to a friend.

First Internet Bank

“An awesome experience” – we never get tired of hearing that! We understand a mortgage can be a complicated process, but we’ve got your back. Thanks for choosing First Internet Bank! We appreciate your business and any recommendations you send our way. We look forward to serving you again, Roberto!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

Being a self-employed I wanted to make sure all my income docs were reviewed prior. Working with Joey has been an awesome experience. He was able to give me assurance that all the paperwork submitted was reviewed and verified. Once the property was found, the transaction was very smooth and I was able to close in 3 weeks. Highly recommend!

First Internet Bank

Thank you for choosing First IB, Ryan! We love a challenge and we’ll do whatever we can to make the entire process easier for you. Thanks for your business and for your referrals to friends and family. We look forward to serving you the next time!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

Nikko and I worked great together to get all the data that was need to make this happen 3 weeks. Being self employed I knew that it was going to be difficult, and require much more paperwork. I would imagine this was one of Nikko's larger files after receiving both LLC documents. Nikko spoke with me once a day to keep me informed on the progress. I have already referred friends and family. We will be in contact soon with the next loan.

First Internet Bank

We’re always up for a challenge! Attentive, responsive service is our goal and we’ll do whatever we can to make the entire process as efficient as possible. Every time. Thanks so much for your business, Jillian, and congratulations on your new home!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

After experiencing communication issues with other brokers and lenders, we were so pleased with the communication that occurred throughout the entire process with First Internet Bank. Nikko was always readily available by phone/email for a many questions. He was professional in handling our (complicated) loan and got the job done in a quick and efficient manner. Even though we switched to this company in the middle of our housing contract, Nikko and First Internet Bank were able to make our original deadline and get us in our new house within 3 weeks!

First Internet Bank

First, congratulations on your first home! Second, thanks for choosing First IB to be a part of your home-buying journey – it was an honor to assist you!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

We are first time home buyers and had a condition on our purchase agreement to have closing by certain time. We hardly had 4.5 weeks for closing. We found First IB and talked to Joey. Joey was very approachable and was able to get us the best rate and he completed all required documentation on time. So far, my experience with First IB was great.

First Internet Bank

Excellent, attentive service is ALWAYS our goal. Thank you for your business, Jillian, and welcome to the First IB family!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

The service we received from Jeri ** our Mortgage Broker was excellent. She was on top of every detail. Jeri ** managed to work for 1st Internet Bank but ALWAYS made me feel that I was her first concern. Everyone did their job well. Thank You.

First Internet Bank

Thanks so much for the fantastic feedback, Monica! Attentive, responsive and personalized service is our goal and we’re always happy to help – especially when issues pop up unexpectedly. Welcome to the First IB family, thanks for your business and congratulations on your new home!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I had an excellent experience working with Shelly at First Internet Bank for the loan for our new home. From day one she was extremely responsive and made the process as seamless as possible. Everything with the loan was ready weeks prior to our closing. She answered all of my questions and took the time to explain everything in detail.

The day prior to closing we came into an issue with the sellers. I talked with Shelly late in the afternoon that day and by the following morning she had an escrow agreement written that helped solve the problem so we could close on time. I would definitely work with First Internet Bank again in the future and recommend them highly!

First Internet Bank

Thanks for choosing First Internet Bank, Cindy! We appreciate your business and we’re happy to help you if you need us in the future.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

Very good overall. Responded promptly to my emails. Return phone calls when I had left message. Very willing to work with us. Explain everything that needed to be explain. The last stage of the loan was the difficult part. The underwriters wanted more information. Everybody worked together to get it done.

First Internet Bank

Thanks for your terrific feedback, Norma! Providing efficient, informative, personalized and attentive service is part of our culture. We appreciate your business and we thank you in advance for your recommendations to your friends!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Excellent experience. Personnel were knowledgeable, personable and quick to complete and follow up the loan process. Paperwork came to me quickly and was acted on promptly. I liked the online security and electronic signing. The entire staff was efficient and easy to work with. Of particular note was William **, who went the extra mile to process, explain, assist and follow up. He was patient with me, as I did not really understand much of what was involved at first. He was efficient, extremely knowledgeable, and easy to understand. At no time did I feel pressured to select First Internet Bank as my lender, unlike other companies I had previously contacted. I would recommend First Internet Bank to my friends.

First Internet Bank

Thanks for choosing First Internet Bank, Kate! We enjoyed serving you and we’re glad we were able to “save the day” for you. (We love a challenge!) Thanks again for your business and we look forward to working with you again.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Scott ** was pleasant, bright and on top of it from the get-go. He did what he said he would do when he said it. That is worth a lot. And he saved the day when he handled a potential mess with taxes. I think we closed less than a month. Of course I sent the information also when I said I would and was timely as well. First Internet Bank was a good choice to refinance with.

First Internet Bank

Our goal is to provide a consistently positive experience. We make every effort to honor servicing requests when we can. In this case, there was an internal miscommunication between the team that processed your loan and the team that sold your loan to a third party for servicing. This was our error, and we apologize for the oversight. On the question of the tax payment, tax payment timing and rules vary from one municipality to the next. We are proud to lend in all 50 states, even if it does mean we often have to spend some extra time running down details for an individual loan. Because we were able to close your loan within 30 days of the rate lock (relatively speedy for our industry!), before the tax bills had been issued, we collected an estimated amount for taxes and are still working with your parish to confirm the payment of the tax. Maybe we didn’t communicate frequently enough with you on this matter so you feared we were done? We haven’t put this one to bed yet, so please don’t give up on us! We thank you for sharing your concerns with us. While it’s no less frustrating for you, we do learn from these rare slip-ups — and we use them to make improvements to our internal processes and strengthen our customer service initiatives.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I was lied to about if my loan would be sold or would be serviced by specifically Wells Fargo. Told explicitly no. Less than two months after closing and I just got a letter that my loan is now serviced by none other than WF. If that had been disclosed as a possibility up front I would not have done business with them. The loan also closed much slower than I was told it would and I'm still trying to get my property taxes settled after closing because they refused to listen that they can't send a property tax payment before the bill has been sent for the year (and it was for the wrong amount).

First Internet Bank

Thank you for your loyalty, Juan! It was a pleasure assisting you. Congratulations you on your new home!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

This is my 2nd mortgage through Internet Bank. It was a very smooth and easy experience. The people I dealt with were professional and easy to deal with. I would definitely recommend Internet Bank to others. Thank you for all your help.

First Internet Bank Company Profile