toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

First Internet Bank

Thanks for allowing us to assist you again, Brian! We love hearing that you had another great experience, and we appreciate your loyalty. Thanks again!

Original review: April 17, 2017

Great experience with whole team at First IB. We used First IB last year to refi, then this year for a HELOC. Everyone from beginning till end was very professional. Processing was quick and easy and great communication throughout the process.

First Internet Bank

Darrel, we pride ourselves on great customer service, and we’re glad you were satisfied! Thank you for the excellent feedback and future recommendations. Enjoy your new home!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2017

As I work in the financial services industry, I was very content to see your bank deliver on service. Michelle ** did an excellent job of managing expectations and communicating with me throughout the loan process. I was somewhat skeptical regarding the level of service FIBI may provide, as you all are an online vendor. In the end, I moved from being a skeptic to being a satisfied client. I would recommend the bank to a new or existing HO. Well done!

First Internet Bank

At First IB, we love a challenge — but we love making our customers happy even more! Thanks so much for allowing us to help you, and thanks in advance for recommending us to others. Much appreciated!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

My mortgage journey began with a refinance and two separate lenders over a period of about 5 months, both of which provided me with incomplete (and sometimes inaccurate) information. When I was at my wit's end, I used LendingTree and was paired with the First Internet Bank of Indiana. Since I began working with FIB, I've always been kept up to date on what was going on during the mortgage process, I was provided with coaching from Deborah and Christie, two employees FIB is lucky to have, who guided me through the process, listened to my concerns, met impossible deadlines based on my unique circumstances (there was a court order and a limited time to close on the home), and acted more like friends than anything else.

These two ladies kept me positively sane throughout the process, even when external circumstances arose that threatened our deadlines. I truly cannot say enough about FIB and how happy I was to have found this company. Being from Vermont, I had never heard of the bank before the mortgage process, but I happily tell people about them now. Please keep up the amazing work!

First Internet Bank

Thomas, thank you for your great review and especially for your loyalty to First IB! We always do our best to be responsive to your needs and make things as easy as possible for you. We hope you are enjoying your new home!

Original review: June 1, 2017

We had a very good experience with this mortgage for a second home. This is the second time we have worked with Jessica **. She and the team were available, helpful and responsive. We were able to do everything over the internet. The rate is favorable, as well. We would use First Internet Bank again.

First Internet Bank

First off, Sovdeep, congrats on your new home! And, thank you for your kind words. We know how stressful a home purchase can be, so we strive to make the process easy for our customers. Your business is greatly appreciated.

Original review: May 31, 2017

Scott was amazing and all the good experience was due to the his warm and approachable persona! The documentation and thank you FIB for my house buying help and ease! The paperwork and the detailed approach and proactive information was key to closing in less than a month!

First Internet Bank

Suzanne, wow! Thank you for awesome review, and your repeated business. We greatly appreciate any recommendations you send us as well.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I would like to say that working with FIB is wonderful. Everything is done online and they can see your documents quickly. They are very responsive to any emails, questions, etc. We have used FIB on several occasions and would highly recommend. Rick ** is the best too!!!

First Internet Bank

Michael, first off, congrats on your new home! We’re also pleased to hear you had such a great experience with the mortgage process. Thank you for your rave review and any future recommendations!

Original review: May 4, 2017

Max ** was very helpful and instrumental in assisting us in securing a mortgage on the new home we purchased in Myrtle Beach, SC. We have been completely satisfied with his handling of this transaction and would recommend him to our friends and family.

First Internet Bank

Dana, we’re glad your research paid off and that you had such a great experience! No matter where you are, we are always working to keep the process moving for you. Thanks for your kind words and your business. Welcome to the First IB family!

Original review: April 23, 2017

After a lot of web research and many web reviews I decided to give it a try. I was very skeptical at first and was nervous not using a local company but Greg ** was very thorough and encouraged me to read reviews. The process was very easy. Greg kept me updated of where I was in the process and what to expect next. All questions were answered promptly. Dean ** was also very prompt with responses of the loan process. We went on two week long business trips during the process and nothing was delayed due to us being out of state. Notary came to our home to sign as requested. Very professional at all times throughout the complete process.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Internet Bank?

First Internet Bank

We’re glad you did your homework and found us too! It’s one of our top priorities to answer any questions you may have and make the entire process as easy as possible for you. Thanks so much for choosing us, and for your recommendation. Welcome to the First IB family!

Original review: April 20, 2017

After doing many hours of research to determine the best lender for my refinance mortgage, I found First Internet Bank to be among the best, and was I right! At first call, they answered all of my silly questions without hesitation, kept me up to date with every stage of the process, and made the entire process smooth and easy. I even threw them through a hoop, and they resolved it quickly for me (my mistake on some paperwork). I am glad I did my homework and found FIB, and will certainly be going back to them in the future when the time comes. Highly recommended, you won't be disappointed!

First Internet Bank

Thanks for such a glowing review, Ferenc! We hate that you had such a bad experience with the other lender, but we’re glad that we had the opportunity to help you! You’re absolutely right that clear communication is key — we couldn’t agree more. Thanks again for the incredible feedback and welcome to the First IB family. (And congratulations on your new home!)

Original review: April 18, 2017

My loan officer was Deborah **. I thanked her boss already for having her on the First Internet Bank team, but I am very happy that she is on the team. To make a long story short, we had a tough time between dealing with a horrible mortgage company and several family issues. The last mortgage company we were working with was awful. They wanted us to practically pay off all of my debts, even though I told them I had plenty of cash on hand to pay off a large portion, but nobody in their right mind pays off everything. They still didn't care and I heard every excuse in the book from a terribly rude group of individuals that worked there. That company was recommended by our less than stellar realtor. We never progressed with the company. I got sick of it one day in February, got on Lending Tree, and Deborah called.

I literally had my fingers crossed as I spoke to Deborah the second time she called to let me know we could do this after paying off some debts. That's all I wanted to hear. She didn't lie to me. She didn't offer excuses. She didn't hem and haw. She just took action and moved forward. That's all I ask as a client. Deborah did an amazing job. She knows just as well as I do that sometimes you don't have an answer at the moment for a client and she communicated that. Clear communication is key! I never got that from the last company and it created so much hate and discontent. I felt betrayed and I would never recommend them. I am so grateful to Deborah that she pulled this off. She made our lives incredibly more easy. Years from now, I'm still going to remember how awesome she was to us and how greatly she reflected on First Internet Bank.

First Internet Bank

No, Melissa, thank you! We’re so happy to hear what a wonderful experience you had with refinancing your mortgage. We appreciate your kind words and you choosing First IB!

Original review: April 16, 2017

As a first time user of an online mortgage company I wasn't sure what to expect. Previous mortgage experiences through a local credit union was rigorous to say the least, actually, overwhelming at times. The experience with First Internet Bank for a mortgage refinance was a wonderful experience. I believe it was mostly related to the relationship with my mortgage loan officer, Ross **, who vocalized my responsibilities from the very beginning. He would communicate on a regular basis and answer questions promptly which would ease my concerns. This is truly the best experience I could have had with home refinance/mortgage. Thank you!

First Internet Bank

Thanks for the glowing praise and recommendations, Michelle! We always strive to make the process easy for our customers no matter the situation, and we’re glad we could help you. We appreciate you choosing First IB!

Original review: April 13, 2017

Overall I had a great experience. Michelle was amazing, knowledgeable, supportive and very helpful as I had a very difficult situation to deal with. It was a challenge to meet the needs. I would recommend First Internet Bank to anyone I hear looking for a mortgage.

First Internet Bank

Joel, thanks for your constructive feedback. We’re glad you had great customer service, and happy we were able to complete your loan within 30 days (which is pretty quick in this industry!). We’re sorry that not all areas of service met your expectations. We’ve shared your concerns with our management team to be used as a training opportunity. If you would like to discuss your comments further, please contact us at 1-866-742-5158 and ask to speak with a mortgage manager.

Original review: April 12, 2017

I can't thank Nikko enough for all his efforts in coordinating this loan and helping me close on time despite appraisal delays. Nikko was always there when I needed him! This was my first mortgage loan and ensured all my doubts and concerns were addressed. He's professional, courteous and accountable, ownership is key in customer service and he took care of everything!

Never really heard back from anyone else at FIB, especially Kathleen (loan processor) despite multiple emails to her, I pretty much had to go through Nikko for every single thing. I'm unsure if that's how their roles are defined but that expectation should be set from the onset. I'm open to working with FIB again but will have to be selective in recommending FIB to others considering the amount of follow-up required to get things done with 30-day deadlines in TX. I don't mind the same as being a PM it's second nature to me.

First Internet Bank

Thanks, Bilal! We appreciate the awesome feedback. It’s our goal to make the process as smooth as possible for our you, and we’re glad to hear you had an excellent experience. Thanks for your business!

Original review: April 11, 2017

Tyler was great. Went above and beyond, set me up with the loan I wanted even though it wasn't a general offering, answered questions clearly and didn't give me any run around. Definitely give him the highest marks on customer experience on his next performance review.

First Internet Bank

We’re thrilled that you had an excellent experience, Alexander. Thank you for the awesome review and future recommendations!

Original review: March 25, 2017

We had an excellent experience working with First Internet Bank. Special thanks to Scott **, Dean **, Tracy ** and Karina ** for all your help and hard work! The entire process was quick and efficient. Will recommend to friends and family!

First Internet Bank

Wilfredo, thank you so much for the fantastic review and your business! We look forward to working with you again in the future. Welcome to the First IB family – and congratulations on your new home!

Original review: March 23, 2017

FIB was on point every step of the loan process on the purchase of my new home and they never missed a beat. They kept their word and were very diligent on their end to gather all information that was needed to be processed. I can say for certain that I will use FIB for all my future loan needs again!

First Internet Bank

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, Patrick. We recognize the process for getting you set up for automatic payment was a little slower than you expected, and we apologize for the delay. We’ve reviewed your feedback internally and we’re already working to make improvements to our internal procedures to streamline the process going forward. If you’d like to discuss your situation further, please contact our Loan Operations Manager at 317-805-5447. We appreciate your business.

Original review: March 21, 2017

The mortgage application went through in a very smooth and pleasurable process. Scott was very helpful with the questions and provided timely response. The only slightly disappointing experience is after the closing. I have still not received any paperwork by mail and wanted to set up automated payments as well as additional payments towards the principal. As this mortgage is a FIB product (10 year APR) and not being sold on the aftermarket, I am surprised of the length to set up the payment process.

First Internet Bank

We understand the loan process can sometimes take a little longer than you’d like, but we do our best to keep things moving as quickly as possible whenever possible. We certainly appreciate your patience, Ira. Thanks so much for the kudos and your business!

Original review: March 20, 2017

I very much enjoyed working with Ashley throughout the loan approval process. I found her to be caring and professional throughout the loan approval process which unfortunately took a lot longer than we both originally anticipated. I never hesitated to contact her whenever I had a question, or just wanted a quick status of the loan approval process. I enjoyed working with her.

First Internet Bank

Patricia, thanks so much for the rave review! The pleasure was truly ours. Your feedback put a smile on our faces, and we are honored you will recommend us to others. Thank you for choosing First IB!

Original review: March 19, 2017

Scott ** was such a pleasure to work with and he went above and beyond in every aspect. My daughter and son in law recommended him to me since they used him before and everything went smoother than I could have hoped for. I will recommend him to any and everyone that is buying a home. No one can compete with the rates and service. Thank you Scott!!

First Internet Bank

Neel, you were great to work with, too! We’re always happy to go the distance to get you the best product for your needs. Thank you for your future recommendations and complimentary words.

Original review: March 17, 2017

I worked with Debbie, it was great working with her. She went an extra mile to get my discount and MI buyout. 100% satisfaction and 100% value to the customer.

I would highly recommend my friends and family to use first internet bank for their loan needs. Thanks.

First Internet Bank

Thank you for the kind words, Hugh! We appreciated the opportunity to partner with you, and we are grateful for your business.

Original review: March 16, 2017

Greg and Katie were great, they were very professional, knowledgeable and stayed on top of things, they made things happen. The whole First Internet team did a great job. I will highly recommend First Internet. Thanks to all.

First Internet Bank

Carl, we strive to make the loan process as easy as possible – even if it means we need to send someone to you while you’re traveling! (It’s just too bad we couldn’t personally join you on the beach…) We appreciate the awesome review and the future recommendations!

Original review: March 16, 2017

Very good experience. They arranged for closing our loan even though we were traveling. Closing at our rental condo in Orange Beach AL was on time and seamless. We would gladly recommend First Internet Bank to our family and friends.

First Internet Bank

Why, thank you, Sharon! Our entire mortgage team works together to provide friendly, responsive and accessible service from start to finish. And we excel at resolving even the most complicated issues, to make it as painless as possible for our customers. We appreciate your business!

Original review: March 16, 2017

When I began shopping for a mortgage, as a long-time First IB banking customer, I was thrilled to see that they offered some of the lowest rates around. My loan coordinator, Jessica, was fantastic. From the first phone call, she consistently followed up, answered every question I had, and was professional and friendly. I actually looked forward to our conversations, knowing she would do whatever she could to meet my needs. We hit some complications with the loan, and both Jessica and her manager Chris remained accessible and helpful, so everything was easily resolved. Great experience with a refinance! I would absolutely go back to them for my next loan!

First Internet Bank

Thanks, Guadalupe. We’re glad you chose us, that you had such a great experience and are spreading the word to others! Welcome to the First IB family.

Original review: March 16, 2017

Working with First Internet Bank and all their staff was a great experience. Where other Banks fail First Internet Bank came through and was able to help me refinance my property. The process from beginning to end was smooth. I highly recommend First Internet Bank to all my friends and family who are looking to refinance or a new purchase. Thank You!

First Internet Bank

Thanks for the wonderful review, Chris! We’re so glad we were able to help you and we look forward to assisting others you send our way. (We’ll take great care of them too.) Thank you for choosing First IB!

Original review: March 15, 2017

My experience with first Internet Bank and Mike ** and his co-workers has been awesome. Mike got me a refinance on my main house last year and just recently got me a HELOC so I am able to pay off my rental house mortgage. Needless to say he has improved my quality of life exponentially. I have referred him to Friends and family as a good person to go to for refinancing and mortgages.Thank you.

First Internet Bank

Adam, first off congrats on your new home! Thank you for your glowing feedback as well. We’re glad you had a great experience, and we’d appreciate any future referrals from you AND your realtor. Thanks for choosing First IB!

Original review: March 14, 2017

New home mortgage. We recently purchased a new home and after my previous experience with Jessica, we decided to go with First Internet Bank. The whole process was great and moved along easily. Our realtor was also very happy with the way the process went and will be recommending Jessica in the future. All around it was a great experience.

First Internet Bank

Thank you for your feedback, Michael. We’re sorry your experience did not meet your expectations. All fees were disclosed in the documentation you received, and you were charged for underwriting services rather than an origination fee. We work hard to provide the best loan option for your situation, and you’re never obligated to close the loan with us if you find a better deal elsewhere – even at the last minute. If you’d like to discuss your situation further, please call 1-866-742-5158 and ask to speak to a manager.

Original review: March 11, 2017

Everything was fine except for the promise to not be charged origination fee through the entire processes and then a few days before closing I was told they were charging me. I was stuck and had no choice but to continue with loan due to mandated timeline for divorce settlement. They promised to match the lending tree offer for their quote that I saved. I will be making complaint with NYS banking department.

First Internet Bank

Thank you, Robert! Our quick turnaround and responsiveness are two of our greatest strengths. We are grateful you chose First Internet Bank!

Original review: March 9, 2017

Ashley answered our questions and was timely in getting our loan processed in a short amount of time. She was available when we called or quickly returned our calls. I received lower loan offers from other agencies and asked if she could match these offers. She was unable to match, but at least made the effort.

First Internet Bank

Fernando, thank you for your positive, yet constructive review. Our management team will assess your experience and use it as an opportunity to improve our processes. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

I appreciate everything Ms. ** and other staff members did to service my financial needs. They answered my questions in a timely manner and they were all very polite and professional at all times. One thing I am still waiting is for the assessment of the value of my home that I never received.

First Internet Bank

Thank you, Momen. It’s always our goal to be efficient, responsive and attentive throughout the entire loan process. We are glad you were so happy with your service. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

Kelsey was a great person to work with. She was efficient, accurate & very responsive and worked hard to find the best interest rate and term for my loan. I felt informed and ahead of schedule to close in. This is the best experience with a bank.

First Internet Bank

Joe, we’re happy to hear you received such great service. We understand the loan process can be time-consuming and tedious, and we are always happy to assist you in any way we can. Thank you for your business.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

Refinancing of my home. Loan officer was great as was the processing personnel. The process was very tedious given the amount of paperwork and supporting documentation required to get an approval especially given my financial profile.

First Internet Bank

Anand, congrats on your new home! We understand there can be lots of hoops to jump through when buying a home, and we are always here to make it easier for you. Thank you for the awesome review.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

I had worked with Greg, Glenda and Karina at First Internet Bank. They helped me through each stage of home buying process. Greg is the best who was reachable all time via phone and email. He tried his best to clarify my queries and provided status updates. I would definitely recommend them.

This is 4th time I have worked with Mike ** to either refinance our house or expand our HELOC loan line so we can do home renovation projects. He is an exceptional agent and is always prompt in responding to my questions or when reaching out to me for needed information. He is friendly and knowledgeable and is the reason we keep coming back to First Internet Bank for our home financing needs. I would highly recommend his services to any of my friends and family. I can't say enough positive things about our experience working with Mike.

First Internet Bank Company Profile