2. Mortgages
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.65/5

At First Internet Bank, we’re dedicated to serving as your trusted mortgage partner. It’s not just our exceptional customer service that sets us apart – our competitive rates are hard to beat!

We offer a variety of loan programs to help fit your needs: Fixed, ARM, Jumbo, FHA, VA and Home Equity. And for your convenience, you can apply online 24/7, no appointment needed.

Contact us today and let us make your home loan experience better, faster and easier.

NMLS #424182. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender.

BBB Rating
First Internet Bank Call Now Toll Free (855) 767-2424 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

First Internet Bank Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Internet Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Internet Bank?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Where can I start but this would be the second job review for Destiny, First I would like to say that she did an excellent job. When I had some questions she would get right back to me and helped me in a very professional manner. Without her I do not believe that I would of made it through all of the paper work that was/is required. She also assisted in following through in the contacts that I needed to complete the First Internet Bank of Indiana Loan, If she worked for me I would have to give her a raise and a promotion. She is very knowledgeable, a rare find in today's work force..

First Internet Bank response

We loved hearing from you again, Kendall! We’re glad Destiny did such an excellent job… that is always our goal. Thanks again for the kind words and for your business!

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I used First Internet Bank to refinance my first condo. I was looking to buy a bigger place so I gave them another try. Right off the bat, they gave me very competitive rates, the lowest of the three lenders I obtained pre-qualifications from. I had the opportunity to work with Brian and he was excellent in providing service from beginning to the end. There were so many things I did not understand during the process and he took the time to explain everything to me through the pre-qualification and pre-approval processes.

When I finally found my dream home, the seller required that I cross-qualified with their lender which I did. The lender then tried to win my business by offering several discounts. Ultimately, I still ended up working with First Internet Bank because they put their best foot forward and even without negotiating with them, my costs were thousands of dollars lower than the seller's lender.

Once we started the process to close, it was very smooth. Initially, we had regular calls. Brian was very responsive and always returned my calls promptly anytime we didn't connect on the first try. Even though he was on eastern time and I was on pacific time, I didn't realize the difference. We initially set our closing date for 30 days. Because of the speed at which Brian and his team worked, we moved it up to 28 days. And without fail, Brian and his team delivered on getting me the loan on time. My home buying experience was somewhat stressful but I can say it was not because of my loan. I was always comfortable with where we were and very happy with how I was treated by Brian and First Internet Bank. I'll gladly use them again anytime I have to purchase or refinance my home.

First Internet Bank response

We’re happy that you found the home of your dreams! Buying a home can be stressful, that’s why we try to make the process as smooth as possible. We look forward to providing you with great rates and quality service whenever you’re ready. Thanks for the great review, Leslie!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

We recently used First Internet Bank to re-fi our home. Our loan officer was Nikko **. It was truly the least stressful experience we have ever encountered. Nikko was helpful without being pushy. He gave us information on all the options we asked about with lightning speed. He was calm , courteous, asked the appropriate questions, and helped smooth the way throughout the entire transaction. We couldn't be happier with how things went. Nikko is the epitome of good stewardship. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend Nikko ** and First Internet's services to our friends. Thank you again for a swift, professional, and painless experience. Cordially, Cynthia **

First Internet Bank response

Cindy, thank YOU! We were happy to provide your “swift, professional and painless” refinance experience…we want to make every step as stress-free as possible for customers like you. We appreciate your business, and the kind words!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Working with First Internet Bank was a great experience for me. I had looked long and hard at different companies and options for moving my Construction loan of my new home over to a permanent mortgage and came across FIB online. When I called and talked to Max ** I knew I had found the right company. Max quickly understood my needs and carefully took the time to explain all the details of how this process works and answered all of my questions without rushing to get me off of the phone. Max was great throughout the entire process and actually everyone involved was always very responsive to my emails or phone calls. Trust me when I says not all companies I spoke with had representatives that knew what I needed or took time to answer my questions unless I was willing to start the loan process. I’m thankful I found FIB, oh and their rates were the best I could find so I’m a happy camper all around. Thanks FIB!

First Internet Bank response

Congratulations on your new home! We’re glad you found our customer service – and our rates – to be first-class, and the process easy. Thank you for the excellent review, Tim.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Joey ** worked very hard to provide the most competitive price and earn my business. He was prompt in returning all of my e-mails and phone calls. Overall, I am very satisfied with his service and my mortgage. It was clearly important to him that the complicated process of applying for a mortgage be as easy as possible for me. Additionally, he even made himself available to me on weekends when time was constricted by my closing contract.

However, there is one thing I wish he had done differently. That is that there were some questions that I asked where he just wasn't hearing me. He answered the question that he thought I was asking, but not my actual question. Although he was never rude, these times were frustrating for both of us. In the end, I had to let my question go unanswered knowing that it was not an inhibiting issue and only a matter of wanting more knowledge. Finally, and most importantly, I will say that Joey and his team, despite the few aforementioned communication failures, were able to provide me with the best mortgage and in time for closing. I would recommend him with a single caveat.

First Internet Bank response

Justeen, we appreciate the kind words and we're glad you're satisfied overall. We want you to know that we do take your concerns seriously. If you still have loan-related questions, please call 1-866-742-5158 and ask for the VP - Internet Mortgage Origination and we will do our best to clarify any confusion.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

This was by far easier than I had ever expected. Great communication and NO HIDDEN ANYTHING!!!! From start to finish this was handled with class and integrity. I would recommend that anyone looking for a refinance partner to contact Chris with FIB.

First Internet Bank response

A quick, easy refinance process and no surprises? You just can’t beat it! Thanks for the recommendation, Jonathan.

Original review: July 18, 2020

The speed with which they moved helped me lock in the lowest refinance rate. No one can believe the rate I got! Everyone I dealt with was professional and they let me know exactly what was needed and when. I have refinanced with them twice and things went even smoother this time. I mean no hiccups. Closing was easy and no surprises. From inquiry to close was barely a month.

First Internet Bank response

Quick process? Great rates? Exceptional customer service? It doesn’t get much better than that. Thanks for choosing us to refinance your home a second time, Nenette!

Original review: July 17, 2020

We have used Scott ** of First Internet Bank for two home loans now and could not have had a better experience. Scott was very knowledgeable and communicative, and our loan process was completed very smoothly.

First Internet Bank response

We love it when our team delivers such a great mortgage experience, you choose us again! We appreciate you, and your business.

Original review: July 13, 2020

Our son referred us to Derek ** with First Internet Bank. At first I was skeptical refinancing my loan online and not locally. Derek immediately changed my position! He was very professional and attentive. Derek would respond quickly and answer any questions I had. I even had an issue with my local bank and Derek took it upon himself to look into solutions for me. I will definitely recommend his services to my friends and family!

First Internet Bank response

We know that until you experience how much better refinancing your home online can be, it might seem a bit intimidating. That’s one more reason why our team works hard to provide as much, or as little, support as you need – so you’re comfortable with the process. Thanks for the recommendation, Mario!

Original review: July 10, 2020

Working with First Internet Bank, and Ray **, was a wonderful experience during my home mortgage refinance. Ray was very helpful and the process with First Internet Bank is smooth and easy to navigate.

First Internet Bank response

A quick, smooth mortgage process AND great customer service is just what we like to hear! Thanks for sharing, Jason!

First Internet Bank author review by Michele Lerner

This online bank that provies a full line of banking services, including mortgages. The bank does not have any physical branch locations, but it operates in all 50 states.

• Online application: Interested consumers complete their entire application online. They can get prequalified online, too.

• Rate Watch: Those looking for a competitive interest rate can set up Rate Watch. They will receive an email notification when rates reach their specified point, or they can sign up to regularly receive rate updates.

• Mortgage types: Consumers can chose from several types of mortgages to meet consumers’ needs. Options include fixed- and adjustable-rate mortgages, FHA and VA loans, USDA Rural Development loans, HARP loans and jumbo mortgages.

• Contact: Applicants can reach the bank’s mortgage loan officers by phone during extended business hours on weekdays and from 9:00am to 4:00pm on Saturdays or by email at any time.

• Blog: All consumers can visitthe company blog to read helpful financial and banking articles, including posts about home buying and mortgages.

by Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

First Internet Bank Company Information