Call toll free
4.80/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At First Internet Bank, we’re dedicated to serving as your trusted mortgage partner. It’s not just our exceptional customer service that sets us apart – our competitive rates are hard to beat!

We offer a variety of loan programs to help fit your needs: Fixed, ARM, Jumbo, FHA, VA and Home Equity. And for your convenience, you can apply online 24/7, no appointment needed.

Contact us today and let us make your home loan experience better, faster and easier.

NMLS #424182. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender.

BBB Rating
View More View More

277 First Internet Bank Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 19, 2019

I worked with Chris ** to complete a cash out refinancing with FIB and was extremely pleased with the overall experience. Chris helped to streamline and simplify the typically cumbersome process and this is the second time FIB has refinanced my mortgage loan so I am a returning customer. Chris made things simple and kept the process rolling along smoothly. Three things stand out with the FIB experience. First, FIB finds competitive loan rates for its customers. Second, it operates transparently and does not attempt to exploit applicants with onerous points and hidden fees. Third, once a loan is approved by the underwriters, FIB is impressively fast from start to finish so the loan process does not drag on and languish in limbo.

The closing gets planned and the process gets completed in a very timely manner without issues. Taken as a whole, these are positive attributes many lenders can't deliver, which is why I returned to give FIB my business a second time on a mortgage refinancing. Shopping hundreds of banks to look for competitive deals is labor-intensive and painful and there are sometimes hidden fees and points that turn into unpleasant surprises after dozens of documents have been provided and the process is too far along to easily stop. I have already referred a colleague from work to Chris for a refinancing, which seems to be one of the bank's competitive strengths. I have had a positive customer experience overall and will likely return to FIB for a future mortgage refinancing if it makes good financial sense to do so.

First Internet Bank response

Wow, thanks so much for your kind words, Thomas! We’re thrilled that you came back to us for your refinance, and even happier that we were able to provide a great experience for you each time. We appreciate your business and your referral, and look forward to serving you again whenever you need us!

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Michael was an excellent help when purchasing my new home. I was a bit skeptical at first, because I had never heard of the company and it wasn't local. However, after reading several reviews I decided to contact the company and ended up working with Mr. **. He was very reassuring, helpful, and knowledgeable. He got me pre-approved right away so I would be ready when I found the house. This made the process go much smoother. He was quick to respond to phone calls and emails and his whole team worked very quickly, as well. In fact, we were even able to close on the house and move in two weeks early. I would recommend him to anyone looking to buy a home. My realtor and title company were also extremely impressed and couldn't believe the results. They also said they would be recommending him in the future. Thanks again for being such a great professional and for doing a fantastic job.

First Internet Bank response

Congratulations on your new home, Rowena! We’re so glad you did your research and chose First Internet Bank to help you make it happen. Our entire team is dedicated to answering your questions and guiding you through the process, so you’ll have an exceptional experience. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, and for your recommendation. Welcome to the First Internet Bank family!

Original review: April 9, 2019

Our experience in working with First Internet Bank was amazing. Brian ** was our loan officer and he went above and beyond to ensure that we had a wonderful loan experience. Brian was readily available to answer phone calls and emails, both before, and after traditional business hours. During our loan process, we encountered some issues with our builder and Brian was always there to allow us to vent our frustrations and to re-assure us that the loan would close on time and as planned. I would highly recommend Brian and First Internet Bank to anyone looking for a fast and pleasant lending experience.

First Internet Bank response

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, Gary! We absolutely love hearing from happy customers like you — almost as much as we love giving you the best experience possible (even outside of regular business hours). It was truly our privilege to serve you. Thanks again for choosing First Internet Bank and congratulations on your new home!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

My home mortgage experience with First Internet Bank was excellent. It's a bit tough to know how the whole process works before you go through it, so being a bit flexible with your expectations from your lender are advisable. For example, at first I was a bit put off by seeming inaccuracies in First IB's initial loan estimate. But, as I came to learn, many of those numbers are merely placeholders that will end up being the same across lenders.

For every question or worry I had about the loan estimate, my loan officer Chris ** was quick to reply via email with an honest and unvarnished answer. Given the time crunch and short learning curve one has during a closing period, this was very much appreciated. I was able to better compare mortgages across lenders as a result of Chris's willingness to give insights into the estimate document and overall lending process (he was very responsive via email, phone not quite as much). The closing process also went as smoothly as one could expect from an out of state lender. In the end, I feel that I found the best combination of loan rate, terms and service with First IB.

First Internet Bank response

Congratulations on your new home, Mike! Thanks so much for the detailed feedback, and for sharing your experience. We’re thrilled you were happy with your rate, terms and service. We look forward to helping you the next time you need us!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I was purchasing a home and was unhappy with my current loan company. It was about 2 weeks till close and I called up first internet bank and spoke with Nikko **. Him and his team worked very quickly to get my loan transferred and they were there for me every step of the way. I was met with a lot of pushback from the seller and my realtor for changing loan companies so close to the close date, but Nikko was able to make everything happen on time and very smoothly. It was a very stressful time but First Internet Bank was there to assure me and take away the stress. Overall this was an amazing customer service experience and in the end they saved me tens of thousands of dollars. I can’t say enough good things about this company. Thank you.

First Internet Bank response

You're welcome, Aaron! We're glad we could help you save money, meet your tight deadline and most of all take away your stress with the mortgage process. Thank you for your kind words and welcome to the First Internet bank family!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Internet Bank?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

In over 40 years of practicing law, and in owning 7 homes, some with multiple financings, I have dealt with many mortgage brokers and those in similar positions. Brian ** ranks right at the top as far as professionalism, knowledge and courtesy. He is hard working and stayed right on top of my file. I will look to your company in the event of future financings, and will not hesitate to recommend Brian.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I had the perfect mortgage experience with Destiny. She is highly professional, kind and understanding person. I would definitely recommend her to my friends and business partners. Everyone, who had a chance to talk to her, complimented Destiny's professionalism and followup during the process. Thank you for such a wonderful service.

Sincerely,

Ruslan

First Internet Bank response

Ruslan, it’s hard to top your “perfect” mortgage experience with Destiny – but we’ll certainly try! Thanks so much for the kind words; we hope we’ll have the opportunity to serve you again.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I had great experience with Scott ** throughout the loan process. He made it easy for me to apply and provide needed information. He responded to all my questions promptly and accurately. I enjoyed working with him and I highly recommend him.

First Internet Bank response

William, thanks for the kind words; we appreciate that you’ve taken the time to share your great experience with Scott. Please feel free to share your recommendation with friends and family – we love referrals from customers like you!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Greg and the team at First Internet Bank are exceptional at what they do. I am so blessed to be working with Greg and First Internet Bank because they went out of their way to help me reduce my monthly payments and lock in a lower interest rate. It made total business sense and I appreciate his expertise and care to extend this opportunity to me. This is my second time doing business with Greg and First Internet Bank and both times have been wonderful and easy. Thank you!

First Internet Bank response

Jeannie, thanks for the glowing review! We’re glad that you’ve had TWO great experiences with First Internet Bank and Greg. We look forward to helping you again whenever you need us.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

Mike ** and the mortgage loan team are always accommodating and proficient. This is my second dealing with them and they met my expectations. I was kept in the loop with the proceedings and Mike was always available to answer my questions. Hooray for the team!

First Internet Bank response

Christy, thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your great experience. We know consistent communication is key to providing a great experience, so our team makes communication a top priority. We appreciate your business and hope to serve you again for any future mortgage or banking needs.

First Internet Bank expert review by Michele Lerner

This online bank that provies a full line of banking services, including mortgages. The bank does not have any physical branch locations, but it operates in all 50 states.

• Online application: Interested consumers complete their entire application online. They can get prequalified online, too.

• Rate Watch: Those looking for a competitive interest rate can set up Rate Watch. They will receive an email notification when rates reach their specified point, or they can sign up to regularly receive rate updates.

• Mortgage types: Consumers can chose from several types of mortgages to meet consumers’ needs. Options include fixed and adjustable rate mortgages, FHA and VA loans, USDA Rural Development loans, HARP loans and jumbo mortgages.

• Contact: Applicants can reach the bank’s mortgage loan officers by phone during extended business hours on weekdays and from 9:00am to 4:00pm on Saturdays or by email at any time.

• Blog: All consumers can visitthe company blog to read helpful financial and banking articles, including posts about home buying and mortgages.

• Best for: those comfortable doing all their banking online.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

First Internet Bank Company Information