2. Mortgages
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.90/5

First Internet Bank offers a variety of loan programs to fit borrower needs, including fixed, ARM, jumbo, FHA, VA and home equity products. All its services are online, so its loan applications are available 24/7. Most First Internet Bank accounts come with a free ATM card.

BOTTOM LINE

First Internet Bank is a full-service online bank. It offers personal and business banking services and mortgages including fixed, ARM, jumbo, FHA, VA and home equity loans. It’s available in all U.S. states and territories.

PROS

• Free debit cards
  • All services available online
  • High-yield interest on some accounts

CONS

• No physical locations
  • Maintenance fees for most accounts

Top First Internet Bank Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Internet Bank?

FIB provides very competitive rates. I have worked with Chris ** three times now. Once for my original home mortgage… Again early in 2020 to explore interest rates for refinancing. And finally to refinance recently….I highly recommend Chris ** and FIB to anyone in the market…

Quickest and easiest refinance I have ever done. Derek ** was always available, always patient, and kept me informed throughout the process. I would not hesitate to use them again or recommend to anyone.

First Internet Bank Call Now Toll Free (855) 767-2424 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

What is First Internet Bank?

First Internet Bank is a full-service bank that operates entirely online. It has no physical branch locations, though its personal banking customers get access to fee-free ATM transactions across the country. The company offers an array of personal banking services, business services and mortgage loans to help customers with just about any banking need. Its mortgage options include fixed, ARM, jumbo, FHA, VA and home equity loans.

First Internet Bank mortgages

First Internet Bank offers a wide variety of services for both personal and business customers. It has mortgage options for homebuying, building and refinancing. Its home loans include:

• Conventional fixed-rate loans
  • Adjustable-rate loans
  • FHA loans
  • VA loans
  • Jumbo loans
  • Home equity loans
  • Home equity line of credit (HELOC)

Its loan officers can help find the right borrowing option for you. First Internet’s website also offers mortgage preapprovals and a loan portal for managing your home loans.

First Internet Bank mortgage rates

Mortgage rates fluctuate daily, so it’s difficult to say what rates to expect with First Internet Bank. Inflation, economic growth, market conditions and other factors all determine mortgage rates at any given time. You can find mortgage rate calculators online to help you get an idea of what to expect. First Internet does offer free rate quotes, making it easier to compare rates from several companies before committing to a mortgage lender.

First Internet Bank FAQ

Where is First Internet Bank available?
First Internet Bank is licensed to do business in all 50 states and the U.S. territories. The company’s Indiana state charter lets it operate much like a national bank charter.
Does First Internet Bank offer traditional banking services?
Yes, First Internet Bank offers many traditional banking services, including checking and saving accounts, mortgages, credit cards and more.
What types of mortgages does First Internet Bank offer?
First Internet Bank offers several types of mortgages: conventional fixed-rate loans, adjustable-rate loans, FHA loans, VA loans, jumbo loans, home equity loans, and home equity line of credit (HELOC).
Does First Internet Bank have refinancing services?
Yes. First Internet Bank lets you apply for refinancing online to potentially lower your rates or shorten your loan term.

Is First Internet Bank legit?

First Internet is a legit online full-service bank. It lets you manage checking, savings, credit cards and more from its mobile app or website. Because it has no physical branches, be prepared to deal with any issues online or over the phone. It’s important to shop around to ensure you find the right benefits and services for you — that said, if a fully online borrowing experience appeals to you, First Internet Bank is a good choice overall.

First Internet Bank Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Internet Bank?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

FIB provides very competitive rates. I have worked with Chris ** three times now. Once for my original home mortgage back in 2018. Again early in 2020 to explore interest rates for refinancing. And finally to refinance recently. Chris has been excellent! He is professional, knowledgeable, an excellent communicator, and handled my account seamlessly. I am very impressed! Thank you for your excellent support Chris! I highly recommend Chris ** and FIB to anyone in the market for a home loan or refinance!

First Internet Bank response

An easy process from start to finish AND great rates? It doesn’t get much better than that. Thank you for choosing First Internet Bank to refinance your home, William, and for the awesome review!

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I am very pleased and thrilled to work with Gary and First Internet bank to cater my loan needs. My mortgage loan was always treated as an important case and not like another application. I was kept positive and informed about my status and outcome. I was given all the information I requested and that also on timely manner to make my informative decision to move forward. I highly recommend First Internet Bank and my rep Gary who went above and beyond in every way. I will be bringing my business and all my friends and family to First Internet bank to work with Gary to get their all financial needs sorted out.

First Internet Bank response

That’s right, Sarabpreet. No matter where you are in the mortgage process, our team makes YOU the priority and that makes all the difference. Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I would like to personally thank my loan advisor. Steve ** was a breeze to work with especially with all the instruction given to myself and the private seller. Making loan applications and finalizing the sale the easiest I’ve ever experienced. I also want to thank Chris ** for helping with setting up my online account and bill pay. I so appreciate working with such caring individuals that went above and beyond. Many blessings First Internet Bank.

First Internet Bank response

Our team truly cares about your loan experience, that’s why we make sure to not only get you the best rates and customer service, but also a smooth process. Thank YOU, Neomia, for choosing First Internet Bank for your RV loan!

Original review: July 18, 2020

The speed with which they moved helped me lock in the lowest refinance rate. No one can believe the rate I got! Everyone I dealt with was professional and they let me know exactly what was needed and when. I have refinanced with them twice and things went even smoother this time. I mean no hiccups. Closing was easy and no surprises. From inquiry to close was barely a month.

First Internet Bank response

Quick process? Great rates? Exceptional customer service? It doesn’t get much better than that. Thanks for choosing us to refinance your home a second time, Nenette!

Original review: July 13, 2020

Our son referred us to Derek ** with First Internet Bank. At first I was skeptical refinancing my loan online and not locally. Derek immediately changed my position! He was very professional and attentive. Derek would respond quickly and answer any questions I had. I even had an issue with my local bank and Derek took it upon himself to look into solutions for me. I will definitely recommend his services to my friends and family!

First Internet Bank response

We know that until you experience how much better refinancing your home online can be, it might seem a bit intimidating. That’s one more reason why our team works hard to provide as much, or as little, support as you need – so you’re comfortable with the process. Thanks for the recommendation, Mario!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

The refinancing process was easy and efficient. This is the third time I have used First Internet Bank. I have used Rick ** as my agent all three times and have always received great service. Everyone who supported the process were very efficient as well. The appraiser and the notary which were sent to my home were very professional and worked around my schedule. All around received great service.

First Internet Bank response

A quick and easy refinance process, along with excellent customer service? You just can’t beat it! Thanks for choosing First Internet Bank a third time, Larry!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

I worked with Greg ** and couldn’t have had a more pleasant experience. He was knowledgeable, replied quickly and was there to help every step of the way. The process was easy to navigate, forms were simple to upload and signing was painless with the online process.

First Internet Bank response

And best of all, you can do everything from the comfort of your own home! Thanks for the awesome review, and for choosing First Internet Bank.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I have been a First Internet Bank customer for over 20 years now, and they are always good value, and their customer service is always fantastic, friendly honest and down-to-earth. I just refinanced my mortgage through them, and I got a great rate and the process was smooth sailing.

First Internet Bank response

Great rates, a smooth process AND awesome support? It doesn’t get much better than that! Thank you for your 20+ years as a customer, Daniel. We look forward to be able to serve you for many more!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

My wife and I were first time homebuyers, and so we wondered how things would go. We shopped around, but found that First Internet Bank had the best rates. First Internet Bank was great to work with during every step of the process. The staff was friendly and helpful, and we got a great interest rate, too!

First Internet Bank response

Hi George! Whether you're a first-time or experienced homebuyer, our team will do whatever it takes to make sure you’re comfortable with the process. Thanks for choosing us, and congrats on your new home!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I highly recommend First Internet Bank and Jeff ** for mortgage refi. Jeff answered all of my questions quickly and in detail. The whole process was easy and efficient. The rates and closing costs were less than competitors.

First Internet Bank response

That’s right, Bunyamin! No matter where you are in the mortgage process, our team will always keep you in the know. Thanks for sharing!

First Internet Bank Company Information