2. Mortgages
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.86/5

At First Internet Bank, we’re dedicated to serving as your trusted mortgage partner. It’s not just our exceptional customer service that sets us apart – our competitive rates are hard to beat!

We offer a variety of loan programs to help fit your needs: Fixed, ARM, Jumbo, FHA, VA and Home Equity. And for your convenience, you can apply online 24/7, no appointment needed.

Contact us today and let us make your home loan experience better, faster and easier.

NMLS #424182. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender.

BBB Rating
First Internet Bank Call Now Toll Free (855) 767-2424 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

First Internet Bank Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Internet Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Internet Bank?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I am very pleased and thrilled to work with Gary and First Internet bank to cater my loan needs. My mortgage loan was always treated as an important case and not like another application. I was kept positive and informed about my status and outcome. I was given all the information I requested and that also on timely manner to make my informative decision to move forward. I highly recommend First Internet Bank and my rep Gary who went above and beyond in every way. I will be bringing my business and all my friends and family to First Internet bank to work with Gary to get their all financial needs sorted out.

First Internet Bank response

That’s right, Sarabpreet. No matter where you are in the mortgage process, our team makes YOU the priority and that makes all the difference. Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I would like to personally thank my loan advisor. Steve ** was a breeze to work with especially with all the instruction given to myself and the private seller. Making loan applications and finalizing the sale the easiest I’ve ever experienced. I also want to thank Chris ** for helping with setting up my online account and bill pay. I so appreciate working with such caring individuals that went above and beyond. Many blessings First Internet Bank.

First Internet Bank response

Our team truly cares about your loan experience, that’s why we make sure to not only get you the best rates and customer service, but also a smooth process. Thank YOU, Neomia, for choosing First Internet Bank for your RV loan!

Original review: July 13, 2020

Our son referred us to Derek ** with First Internet Bank. At first I was skeptical refinancing my loan online and not locally. Derek immediately changed my position! He was very professional and attentive. Derek would respond quickly and answer any questions I had. I even had an issue with my local bank and Derek took it upon himself to look into solutions for me. I will definitely recommend his services to my friends and family!

First Internet Bank response

We know that until you experience how much better refinancing your home online can be, it might seem a bit intimidating. That’s one more reason why our team works hard to provide as much, or as little, support as you need – so you’re comfortable with the process. Thanks for the recommendation, Mario!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Where can I start but this would be the second job review for Destiny, First I would like to say that she did an excellent job. When I had some questions she would get right back to me and helped me in a very professional manner. Without her I do not believe that I would of made it through all of the paper work that was/is required. She also assisted in following through in the contacts that I needed to complete the First Internet Bank of Indiana Loan, If she worked for me I would have to give her a raise and a promotion. She is very knowledgeable, a rare find in today's work force..

First Internet Bank response

We loved hearing from you again, Kendall! We’re glad Destiny did such an excellent job… that is always our goal. Thanks again for the kind words and for your business!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I used First Internet Bank to refinance my first condo. I was looking to buy a bigger place so I gave them another try. Right off the bat, they gave me very competitive rates, the lowest of the three lenders I obtained pre-qualifications from. I had the opportunity to work with Brian and he was excellent in providing service from beginning to the end. There were so many things I did not understand during the process and he took the time to explain everything to me through the pre-qualification and pre-approval processes.

When I finally found my dream home, the seller required that I cross-qualified with their lender which I did. The lender then tried to win my business by offering several discounts. Ultimately, I still ended up working with First Internet Bank because they put their best foot forward and even without negotiating with them, my costs were thousands of dollars lower than the seller's lender.

Once we started the process to close, it was very smooth. Initially, we had regular calls. Brian was very responsive and always returned my calls promptly anytime we didn't connect on the first try. Even though he was on eastern time and I was on pacific time, I didn't realize the difference. We initially set our closing date for 30 days. Because of the speed at which Brian and his team worked, we moved it up to 28 days. And without fail, Brian and his team delivered on getting me the loan on time. My home buying experience was somewhat stressful but I can say it was not because of my loan. I was always comfortable with where we were and very happy with how I was treated by Brian and First Internet Bank. I'll gladly use them again anytime I have to purchase or refinance my home.

First Internet Bank response

We’re happy that you found the home of your dreams! Buying a home can be stressful, that’s why we try to make the process as smooth as possible. We look forward to providing you with great rates and quality service whenever you’re ready. Thanks for the great review, Leslie!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

FIB provides very competitive rates. I have worked with Chris ** three times now. Once for my original home mortgage back in 2018. Again early in 2020 to explore interest rates for refinancing. And finally to refinance recently. Chris has been excellent! He is professional, knowledgeable, an excellent communicator, and handled my account seamlessly. I am very impressed! Thank you for your excellent support Chris! I highly recommend Chris ** and FIB to anyone in the market for a home loan or refinance!

First Internet Bank response

An easy process from start to finish AND great rates? It doesn’t get much better than that. Thank you for choosing First Internet Bank to refinance your home, William, and for the awesome review!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I have been a First Internet Bank customer for over 20 years now, and they are always good value, and their customer service is always fantastic, friendly honest and down-to-earth. I just refinanced my mortgage through them, and I got a great rate and the process was smooth sailing.

First Internet Bank response

Great rates, a smooth process AND awesome support? It doesn’t get much better than that! Thank you for your 20+ years as a customer, Daniel. We look forward to be able to serve you for many more!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

My wife and I were first time homebuyers, and so we wondered how things would go. We shopped around, but found that First Internet Bank had the best rates. First Internet Bank was great to work with during every step of the process. The staff was friendly and helpful, and we got a great interest rate, too!

First Internet Bank response

Hi George! Whether you're a first-time or experienced homebuyer, our team will do whatever it takes to make sure you’re comfortable with the process. Thanks for choosing us, and congrats on your new home!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I highly recommend First Internet Bank and Jeff ** for mortgage refi. Jeff answered all of my questions quickly and in detail. The whole process was easy and efficient. The rates and closing costs were less than competitors.

First Internet Bank response

That’s right, Bunyamin! No matter where you are in the mortgage process, our team will always keep you in the know. Thanks for sharing!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

Matching the best refinance with my needs and always reachable. They provided me multiple options and understood what I really need. I will surely refer to my friends and family about First Internet Bank.

First Internet Bank response

You got it, Sandeep. Our team works hard to provide a refinance experience that fits your mortgage goals. Thanks for sharing your awesome experience with us!

First Internet Bank author review by Michele Lerner

This online bank that provies a full line of banking services, including mortgages. The bank does not have any physical branch locations, but it operates in all 50 states.

• Online application: Interested consumers complete their entire application online. They can get prequalified online, too.

• Rate Watch: Those looking for a competitive interest rate can set up Rate Watch. They will receive an email notification when rates reach their specified point, or they can sign up to regularly receive rate updates.

• Mortgage types: Consumers can chose from several types of mortgages to meet consumers’ needs. Options include fixed- and adjustable-rate mortgages, FHA and VA loans, USDA Rural Development loans, HARP loans and jumbo mortgages.

• Contact: Applicants can reach the bank’s mortgage loan officers by phone during extended business hours on weekdays and from 9:00am to 4:00pm on Saturdays or by email at any time.

• Blog: All consumers can visitthe company blog to read helpful financial and banking articles, including posts about home buying and mortgages.

by Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

First Internet Bank Company Information