Chase Mortgage

Chase Mortgage

3.9/5 (1640 ratings)
Find a Mortgages partner
Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

About Chase Mortgage

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

Pros

• Work with local buying specialists
  • Available nationwide
  • Prequalify online

Cons

• May be subject to extra fees

Bottom Line

Chase has multiple types of mortgages. Use its online mortgage calculator to find out how much you qualify for and get guidance from a Chase home lending advisor.

Top Chase Mortgage Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Verified

We tried Quicken Loans, they just ripped us off, no customer service. Chase has worked with us and made refinancing easy and painless. We met our closing agent at a restaurant nea...

Verified

I refinanced with Chase Mortgage and had no issues. They came to my house to go over the paperwork saving me a trip to the bank. Everything was explained efficiently. When there i...

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

How does Chase Mortgage work?

To get started with Chase’s mortgage program, visit its website and fill out the company’s prequalification application. During this process, you find out how much home you can afford and get a rough idea of your monthly mortgage payment.

Chase offers different types of mortgages, some of which have qualifying factors. These mortgages include:

• Jumbo loans
  • VA loans
  • FHA loans
  • ARM loans

Once you’re prequalified, Chase’s home lending advisors try to find the right mortgage rates and payment terms for you.

Chase Mortgage rates and fees

Chase’s mortgage rates and fees vary based on your financial qualifications and overall creditworthiness. Chase’s website has an interactive mortgage calculator that lets you input your loan amount, credit score, property type and other information to receive a rough estimate of your average monthly mortgage amount, closing costs, interest rates and annual percentage rate (APR).

Reach out to one of Chase’s home lending experts or fill out the prequalification application online to get a more accurate quote for mortgage rates and fees.

Chase Mortgage FAQ

How do I pay my Chase mortgage?
You can set up automatic mortgage payments with Chase so that your payments are deducted monthly from your account. You can also pay by check or money order, either by phone or in person at a Chase branch.
Does Chase do home mortgages?
Yes, Chase does home mortgages, including jumbo loans, VA loans, FHA loans and ARM loans.
How long does Chase take to close a mortgage?
Chase’s website states that it closes most mortgages around 21 days after you submit your mortgage application.
Can I pay my Chase mortgage online?
Yes, Chase lets you set up automatic mortgage payments or one-time payment options on its website. Log into your Chase account to set up automatic payments.

Is Chase a good mortgage lender?

Chase’s mortgage loans are easy to apply for and available nationwide. With multiple mortgage types and an average closing time of 21 days, Chase Mortgage is a great option for consumers who want a flexible mortgage company with a quick turnaround.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: April 17, 2022

I have been Chase credit card customer for long time and they kept sending emails of pre approval of home loan. I decided to apply for home loan since they are interested to give me home loan. As soon as apply with more than enough down payment in hand, excellent credit score, super clean background history, excellent work and taxes history with no back pending taxes and with low debt. They gave me the worst nightmare of stress since I applied online. They made me payoff all my debt with my savings. They don't answer or call back properly, they gave me all types of excuses and postponed closing date for 4 times.

Home lending people's names are weird. Their voicemail greeting message is foreign person voice, but when you actually talk to them they sounds like pure Americans. That's wasn't the issue but it feels awkward. For very very very small reason that doesn't make any sense they will deny your application. They took over three months just to tell me my application has been denied after giving myself and my family lot of stress. Made me submit all same documents over and over. The entire time of process they kept telling me everything going smooth and almost approved.

After all I contacted a local mortgage broker office he said Chase is the worst place to bank and apply for mortgage. So by taking my review with my recent experience with them I urge everyone avoid chase. Go with someone else even with few points higher interest. You will be saving so much of stress and headache in the process of your home purchase.

Original review: April 13, 2022

I have used Chase for 3 home loans over 25 years with great outcomes and super customer service. Not this last time!!! Horrible experience from start, included my wife and her income on the original application, she was left off. We paid cash for a $900K home and was requesting a $125K loan for improvements.. Days would pass without my application was worked. E mails were sent to explain some questions were ignored, Calla never returned. Most frustrating process I have ever had. My 45 day lock expired without any heads up. Statements sent in were not used to clear issues for weeks. Attempted to tell me my wife couldn't be used to validate income as she had a large loan against her?

They used the incorrect SS # for her. Put us in a major panic as we assumed our credit or ID was hacked. Was asked to get a letter from my stock broker, I have a self directed IRA, that my dividends will support this $450.00 a month mortgage payment.. Felt like as a retired person with a portfolio of over $1M proven $88K gross income tax returns was a credit risk. Maybe our age didn't measure up to the Chase standard?? After over 50 days of frustration and getting worse and worse communication and zero end in sight, and the unprofessional customer service we had to experience!!I Asked for the madness to end and return my $500.00 deposit!!

Was told last week Chase will NOT return our money and not one manager, who I shared all the emails with, didn't care or must accept the poor level of customer service we were given.. Do NOT use Chase on line. Go to a local branch and deal with them. Chase, I feel, as interest rates began to rise, they intentionally made this process unbearable to force me to fire them, saved them a grip of interest and keep our $500.00 as well. Win win for them and that's how they reward poor customer service and questionable loan practices. We will cut up all Chase credit cards and tell anyone and everyone to look elsewhere for a HOME LOAN.. In conclusion.. who had more risk? $900K zero debt home owner or Chase lending a loan for $125K?

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 6, 2022

We had used Chase for several previous mortgages, and had generally positive experiences. This last time, however, was the worst. Our lending advisor was completely unresponsive and would ghost us for weeks at a time. When they did finally respond, they kept asking for the same documents repeatedly, and could never answer what else might be needed to satisfy their underwriting department. Initially we had signed a rate lock agreement, and they seemed to do everything in their power to ensure that we would not close before that agreement expired. At one point they suddenly declined our application for "incomplete documents" several weeks before the stated deadline to produce documents, after ignoring our questions about what documents they actually wanted for several weeks before that.

They referred to this as a "communication issue" then offered to quickly reactivate our application and expedite it, but of course not at the rate for which the rate lock would have still been in effect. We finally walked away from them. Beware of using Chase particularly if you are self-employed, and be very wary of their rate lock agreements.

Original review: April 5, 2022

I sell real estate. I deal with many mortgage lenders, from the largest to ones you never heard of. Chase is by far the worst. Chase allegedly has its own "processes," so they ask for documents that don't exist, make frivolous changes to contracts of sale, and then say "sorry, but we have a process." Chase also operates a system that leaves no one in charge, and thus any employee can blame anyone else for the "process" stalling. Trust me: Whether you are buying, refinancing, or selling DO NOT USE CHASE.

Original review: March 11, 2022

I applied for a Chase mortgage to refinance my home (Currently have a Chase mortgage). The refinance is on a home where I have about 50% equity, my credit score is over 800, fully employed, no other debts - took $500 from my deposit account. Denied the mortgage and then ghosted me after numerous attempts to contact them. Just don’t do it apply - go anywhere but Chase. I had better experience in the past but this mortgage team at the branch of ** absolutely terrible.

Sent my Employment verification to me rather than employer, asked for verification that my taxes and insurance are up to date (Chase pays these through escrow on the current Chase mortgage, question why the name on a trust that the home is held in does not match my name (a trust can be named just about anything including “the Mickey Mouse trust”, claimed to have called me (and when confronted with a screen snap showing no inbound calls continued to deny the lie), claimed I called after she left the office (and why she did not pick up) and when confronted with a time stamped email from her 20 min after the time she said she left (again- deny, deny, deny.). Seriously unprofessional, ethically bereft. Moving all of my account as soon as possible! Chicago location on 5813 N Milwaukee Ave.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

I attempted to refinance a loan that I had with Chase for 12 years thinking it would be easy to close on. My credit was good and the parameters of my financial status is excellent. The mortgage broker charged me $500 fee and then literally disappeared. No calls or follow-up and I ultimately closed with another financial institution. They delayed me for months asking me for the same information over and over and I almost lost my rate. Very disappointed and lost $500 OUT OF MY POCKET.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

Unfortunately, nothing good to say about Chase. I was a customer for 15 years, never was late in a payment, never missed a payment. They required $500 to start a refinance application on a house with over 50% equity and they did everything in their power to not close this refinance. It has been 6 months and they are constantly delaying and asking for information that is meant to delay the process. It has been a terrible experience. I would never give them the benefit of the doubt, in any process. Mistakes and delays all the way through the process.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

The wait time was more than an hour, call dropped, Direct numbers to get help forwarded to main customer service line. Talk to representative option is discouraged. Chase must improve this service for existing mortgage clients.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

I called regarding my escrow account which states that much more was taken and what was paid. The representative said she was going to put me on hold for one moment look further into the situation. I immediately received a recording stating their office was closed and call back another day. I started contacting them at 5 p.m., they close at 6. I was kept on hold for about 38 min, much longer than the estimated wait time that was given to me at the beginning of the call which was only 8 minutes. It took the representative 15 minutes to find the statement that I was referring to which shouldn't be that time-consuming since there's a statement date listed clearly on each statement.

Enclosing the service that I have received from Chase regarding this in issue and issues in the past is inferior. Not only that but their numbers do not match up, yet instead of getting answers I get hung up on. Unfortunately my mortgage was bought by Chase, I never would have chosen them due to their lack of customer service, knowledge and lack of integrity. I'm referring to the lawsuits being filed against them for not paying mortgage holders interest on their escrow account which is required by law in some states.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

We have had Chase as our mortgage company since 1993. That little fact plus ZERO missed or late mortgage payments didn't stop them from keeping our $500 good faith funds when attempting to buy a new home. The home that we were trying to buy failed inspection with severe structural damage. The sill plate (the structure in your home that your floor joists sit on) was completely deteriorated. The inspector reached his hand into it and pulled out crumbling wood. There was other damage just as bad, but apparently Chase thought we should proceed with this purchase as they have flat out refused to refund our money! Chase policy state that if a home fails inspection the good faith funds are returned. Just words in the air. The funds should be called GOOF FAITH! THEY sucker us into believing we can actually trust them. I am out $500 for ZERO services rendered. FOREWARNED IS FOREARMED -- use your local bank. I WILL!!

Chase Mortgage Company Information