Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Mortgages

Chase Mortgage

Chase Mortgage
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.34/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

BOTTOM LINE

Chase has multiple types of mortgages. Use its online mortgage calculator to find out how much you qualify for and get guidance from a Chase home lending advisor.

PROS

• Work with local buying specialists
    • Available nationwide
    • Prequalify online

CONS

• May be subject to extra fees

Top Chase Mortgage Reviews

We tried Quicken Loans, they just ripped us off, no customer service. Chase has worked with us and made refinancing easy and painless. We met our closing agent at a restaurant near our home to complete the transaction.

I refinanced with Chase Mortgage and had no issues. They came to my house to go over the paperwork saving me a trip to the bank. Everything was explained efficiently. When there is a change to my taxes I’m notified with enough time to make a decision on what to do with the change.

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

How does Chase Mortgage work?

To get started with Chase’s mortgage program, visit its website and fill out the company’s prequalification application. During this process, you find out how much home you can afford and get a rough idea of your monthly mortgage payment.

Chase offers different types of mortgages, some of which have qualifying factors. These mortgages include:

• Jumbo loans
        • VA loans
        • FHA loans
        • ARM loans

Once you’re prequalified, Chase’s home lending advisors try to find the right mortgage rates and payment terms for you.

Chase Mortgage rates and fees

Chase’s mortgage rates and fees vary based on your financial qualifications and overall creditworthiness. Chase’s website has an interactive mortgage calculator that lets you input your loan amount, credit score, property type and other information to receive a rough estimate of your average monthly mortgage amount, closing costs, interest rates and annual percentage rate (APR).

Reach out to one of Chase’s home lending experts or fill out the prequalification application online to get a more accurate quote for mortgage rates and fees.

Chase Mortgage FAQ

How do I pay my Chase mortgage?
        You can set up automatic mortgage payments with Chase so that your payments are deducted monthly from your account. You can also pay by check or money order, either by phone or in person at a Chase branch.
        Does Chase do home mortgages?
        Yes, Chase does home mortgages, including jumbo loans, VA loans, FHA loans and ARM loans.
        How long does Chase take to close a mortgage?
        Chase’s website states that it closes most mortgages around 21 days after you submit your mortgage application.
        Can I pay my Chase mortgage online?
        Yes, Chase lets you set up automatic mortgage payments or one-time payment options on its website. Log into your Chase account to set up automatic payments.

Is Chase a good mortgage lender?

Chase’s mortgage loans are easy to apply for and available nationwide. With multiple mortgage types and an average closing time of 21 days, Chase Mortgage is a great option for consumers who want a flexible mortgage company with a quick turnaround.

Chase Mortgage Reviews

Original review: March 13, 2020

We have used Chase for our mortgage for approximately the past 25+ years and still going..!!...lol. There’s not any specific complaints that come to mind. If and when we do have any questions or concerns, we call the 800 number and speak with a customer service rep who handles it. Other than that there’s not really any negative experiences that come to mind.

Original review: March 11, 2020

My experience with seeking information About becoming prequalified for a mortgage was awesome. They covered every question that I have to ask the customer service was amazing! Upon my entry to the branch I was greeted with a smile, offer of coffee or water and did not have to wait long at all for a banker to meet with me.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 6, 2020

Chase was efficient, and fairly easy to work with. I like that their receipts show the balance due each month. My biggest complaints would be the wait time, in case you need to speak with a human, and that they have too many customer service reps who don't speak English very well. When you're dealing with a lot of money, you shouldn't have to constantly repeat yourself, or ask them to repeat themselves because they're too hard to understand.

Original review: March 1, 2020

Chase acquired my mortgage when they acquired Washington Mutual. I dealt with Chase mostly online and the ease of communicating was superb. I found the resolution to any issue, which I did not have many, and the information I needed easily. I recently paid off my mortgage, but I am in the market to purchase a replacement home and would strongly consider financing with Chase again.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I used to have Chase Mortgage for many years. Customer service was very good and professional. Never had a problem with any aspect of the Mortgage. The rate was high and I refinanced with another bank. They were gracious and understood my position. I had one of their credit cards and they made good after I wrote to corporate and complained. I did receive a credit. Overall, I like the bank. But, I find they are not as competitive with rates and banking options.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: April 1, 2020

In June of 2018 I missed a payment 480.86 but I keep other month paid with extra money added to build suspense. In Oct 2018 after ask and filled out several times for repayment and denied each time they set me up on forbearance plan for three month over one payment at the end of of forbearance I owe for all the three months plus any late fees. Well I broke the forbearance and went on paying 550.00 600.00. In Dec. I had my Bank get hacked and got red alert from Green Dot Bank. The transaction I sent to Chase and other bills was returned. I was on Chase to fix the problem but I was too late. I got them the money. It was not 600.00. It was 550.00, my payments are 480.86. Since it was return the payment got overlapped with November so they was two payment in Nov. They knew that.

As the months Jan Feb March all paid I looked in March. I was 3 months behind. They said they never received any payment, I sent proof, by secure message several times, mailed many times, faxed many times even to corporate office. Never got them, April I send I send 999.00. That all I had. It went to Corporate fees. Long story short I lost the loan at the 2019 and it started over with extra 20.000 added to it when I was down to 17 years. I paid 62.000 for home. With fees 67.000. Now I owe 86.000 almost 87.000 thousand. Unfair banking. My escrow is never correct. I add it up myself more than once. 300.00 one month. 280.00 one month. 184 one month but I only paid 1.200 in escrow so I am always short. Not saying this is fraud but it don't add up.

Original review: March 17, 2020

I'll try to keep this as short as possible. I sold a house in New Jersey for over $250,000, I had plenty of money in the bank, a credit score over 750, and a good paying job and Chase Mortgage reps still made me jump through hoops of fire to get a mortgage for a $132,000 house even though I was putting more than 20% down. I would passionately discourage anyone and everyone from using Chase for a mortgage. Also, forgot to mention that I had bought and sold approximately 6 other homes in the course of my life and have never had an issue or poor credit.

Original review: March 13, 2020

JPMorgan Chase Bank. Is the biggest us bank and biggest crook. They have screwed our life so badly by a fraudulent mortgage refinance in July 2008. They have lied and covered up the truth for nearly 9 years. About the bank who never worked there? About changing interest rate. About increasing my loan amount. I call it VOODOO MORTGAGE REFINANCE. I will be in the news soon.

Original review: March 12, 2020

I didn’t compare with any other company so I suppose it went smoothly as we did receive the mortgage we applied for. We were qualified quickly. We submitted all the needed forms and after they were reviewed our application was given the appropriate approval.

Original review: March 11, 2020

Not a very forgiving company, and not very reasonable when it comes to trying to get to the bottom of an issue. Decent customer service as long as you are doing everything they want first. Not big on being told I need to consider myself lucky for not having charges pressed against me, whenever I was the one being frauded against...!

Chase Mortgage Company Information