Find a Mortgages partner

Chase Mortgage

4.0/5 (1482 ratings)
Find a Mortgages partner
Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

About Chase Mortgage

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

Pros

• Work with local buying specialists
  • Available nationwide
  • Prequalify online

Cons

• May be subject to extra fees

Bottom Line

Chase has multiple types of mortgages. Use its online mortgage calculator to find out how much you qualify for and get guidance from a Chase home lending advisor.

Top Chase Mortgage Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Verified

We tried Quicken Loans, they just ripped us off, no customer service. Chase has worked with us and made refinancing easy and painless. We met our closing agent at a restaurant nea...

Verified

I refinanced with Chase Mortgage and had no issues. They came to my house to go over the paperwork saving me a trip to the bank. Everything was explained efficiently. When there i...

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

How does Chase Mortgage work?

To get started with Chase’s mortgage program, visit its website and fill out the company’s prequalification application. During this process, you find out how much home you can afford and get a rough idea of your monthly mortgage payment.

Chase offers different types of mortgages, some of which have qualifying factors. These mortgages include:

• Jumbo loans
  • VA loans
  • FHA loans
  • ARM loans

Once you’re prequalified, Chase’s home lending advisors try to find the right mortgage rates and payment terms for you.

Chase Mortgage rates and fees

Chase’s mortgage rates and fees vary based on your financial qualifications and overall creditworthiness. Chase’s website has an interactive mortgage calculator that lets you input your loan amount, credit score, property type and other information to receive a rough estimate of your average monthly mortgage amount, closing costs, interest rates and annual percentage rate (APR).

Reach out to one of Chase’s home lending experts or fill out the prequalification application online to get a more accurate quote for mortgage rates and fees.

Chase Mortgage FAQ

How do I pay my Chase mortgage?
You can set up automatic mortgage payments with Chase so that your payments are deducted monthly from your account. You can also pay by check or money order, either by phone or in person at a Chase branch.
Does Chase do home mortgages?
Yes, Chase does home mortgages, including jumbo loans, VA loans, FHA loans and ARM loans.
How long does Chase take to close a mortgage?
Chase’s website states that it closes most mortgages around 21 days after you submit your mortgage application.
Can I pay my Chase mortgage online?
Yes, Chase lets you set up automatic mortgage payments or one-time payment options on its website. Log into your Chase account to set up automatic payments.

Is Chase a good mortgage lender?

Chase’s mortgage loans are easy to apply for and available nationwide. With multiple mortgage types and an average closing time of 21 days, Chase Mortgage is a great option for consumers who want a flexible mortgage company with a quick turnaround.

Chase Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: April 29, 2021

The process of obtaining a loan was very easy. Everything was carefully explained to us very clearly. The bank associate was very nice and extremely patient and supportive, answering all of our questions and there were a lot of questions. We have now paid this loan and would highly recommend them.

Original review: April 14, 2021

Chase customer service is exceptional as well as the company itself. They are knowledgeable, understanding, compassionate, patient, kind and helpful. This is my fourth mortgage company and I have been with them over 10 years now and I am happy with my home so much I feel like family.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

I haven’t had to deal with them much, but when I did it was easy. I had no trouble contacting someone and had an easy time resolving my issue. Customer service was very helpful and knew the answers to my questions.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

All application and paperwork completed by way of internet. ASSOCIATES always called back when they said!! If I needed any additional information it was always provided. Second time I've been with Chase Mortgage. Great Company.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

We have been using Chase over the years for purchase of property/homes and refinance as they have been good to us. They offer many loan types and most recently offered a program that allows us to break our mortgage payment into two installments. We pay half on the first and the other half on the 15th, which gives us significant savings over the term of the load by reducing the interest on the loan by making two payments instead of one. It's a great benefit and glad it was available to us.

Original review: June 6, 2021

Chase managed our file extremely poorly, making many mistakes and dragging their feet for a month. We ended up closing late. Aside from the lack of customer service and false/misleading information that we received, Chase was impossible to get a hold of for a week before underwriting began and a week during underwriting. Our client care specialist was MIA during those two weeks. Despite all this, Chase never apologized for closing late and refused to honor the Closing Guarantee, which is their own program that promises a refund of $2500 if they cause customers to close late. If you are not going to take responsibility for the late closing, why have a closing guarantee program in the first place? Answer: Because Chase lies just to get customers through the door and then treats them like trash afterwards.

Original review: May 23, 2021

Chase approached me by mail to refi with them.. The rate change was not super interesting.. but it was no closing costs.. I don’t have a whole lot left.. The biggest reason I went through with it was to have my mortgage payments to be super easy within my banking app.. making bill payments more streamlined. I liked my last company.. but about a half a point and more convenient access made me switch..

The signup process was agonizingly slow.. They have an online communication thing on the website so you can ask questions and check in.. but nobody monitors it.. so you have to email angrygrams and call to get your answers. I think start-to-close about took about 60 days. More than my previous two mortgages combined. Then.. just after my second payment.. about 35 or so days later.. they sell it.. Reason number 1 was convenience of ‘all within Chase’. I won’t ‘loan’ with Chase again…. I hope the 'servicer' Freddie Mac hires doesn’t suck..

Original review: May 23, 2021

Chase messed up our finances during underwriting and we ended up closing late and paying more than we expected despite having a conditional approval and being told by the Home Loan Advisor that we were more than qualified to purchase the house we bid on. To make matters even worse, they didn't even honor their Closing Guarantee of $2500 and even tried to blame it on us for not submitting documents on time even though we submitted required documents within 12 hours of requests. They were the ones who ignored our file for 2 weeks and the specialist was impossible to get a hold of and whenever she did call it sounded like we were wasting her time.

Original review: May 15, 2021

Everything went great until we submitted our purchase contract. Chase had 30 days to close. We didn't hear from anyone for an entire week. When the Client Care Specialist finally reached out to us, she gave us false and misleading information, which meant we submitted documents that didn't end up being acceptable or weren't even needed. When documents were marked "Incomplete," the Client Care Specialist never reached out to explain what we could submit instead and never returned our calls, emails, or voicemails for an entire week when we reached out to ask how we can move our file forward with the right documents.

Chase caused us to close late, made a mistake counting our funds so they increased our loan amount by $70k beyond what they had pre-approved us for, and then miscalculated our closing date and charged us for two full days of prepaid interest when the loan had not funded yet. They refused to refund us for that charge and they did not honor their Chase Closing Guarantee program. The program is not a guarantee at all because Chase can start the underwriting process a week or more after receiving the purchase contract, cause their client to close late, and then take no responsibility for it.

Original review: May 3, 2021

Laura ** was the young woman who returned my phone call. I was denied, which I had a feeling I would be without have stellar credit. No biggie. What threw me off, was that Laura asked me if I had any questions at the end of the call. Which I did. She offered me no help or information to any of the questions I needed answers to. Just because I am not approved now, does not mean I won't be in the future. I have a very good job and my score dropped after purchasing a vehicle. Laura decided I was not a buyer and did not what to give me the time of day past that. Very rude and off-putting. Makes me not even want to use Chase bank in general if this is how they chose to treat customers who aren't "perfect".

Chase Mortgage Company Information