2. Mortgages

Chase Mortgage

Chase Mortgage
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.33/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Chase is one of largest card issuers in the United States. A review of credit cards issued by Chase Bank shows a wide range of popular personal and small business credit cards which cardholders can use to earn cash back, points for travel, complete balance transfers and more.

Chase credit cards are available with or without an annual fee and come with access to mobile banking, free credit management tools, plus privacy and security features. Chase cards aren’t the easiest to get approved for, but cards like Chase Sapphire Preferred (travel rewards) and Chase Freedom Unlimited (cash back rewards) both earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points that can be combined so you earn rewards faster, making them worth considering. Several credit card offers also offer signup bonus deals as high as 60,000 points, worth up to $750 in travel plus benefits like trip protection (see Chase credit card offers for full details as terms apply).

View More View More

Chase Mortgage Reviews

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I am from the Bronx, New York City. I got the Chase mortgage more than a year ago (with a jumbo loan). My initial interest rate was 4.87% with some discount point. The mortgage advisor said I would get some cash credit from Chase (which can be a part of the closing cost) if I don’t buy the discount point, leading to an interest rate of 5.125%. Finally, I had chosen it and the interest rate at the closing was 5.125%. I asked my mortgage advisor several times about my credit for not buying the mortgage discount point before the closing. He said it will be shown at the closing cost. However, it was not included in the closing cost. I asked him at the closing table. He said to resolve the same day or the next days. Then, I have been to his office many times over the last year. Every time he took the time to resolve it. I didn't get my credit yet. A few weeks ago, he said, he had left the chase. But he does not respond to me about the credit.

Later, I contacted his mortgage supervisor. He suggested me to go to see the branch manager. I talked to Chase Mortgage customer center. They also suggested me to see the branch manager. I have to the Chase branch a few times, also met the branch office and managers several times. They used to take notes and suggest me to wait. I will receive a call from Chase. I never receive a call from the brach or chase. No one cares about it. I can imagine how the top bank behaves like this. I am thinking to go for refinancing. But how can I go for chase refinance with this experience?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

The tax assessor made a mistake in the tax payments and sent a number of letters asking residents to pay an additional amount or risk losing their homes. Chase received the letter and never acted on it, even after multiple requests from me. They kept saying they would take care of it. Finally the last day to pay, they had done nothing so I had to leave work in middle of afternoon, get money out of ATM, and go to city hall and pay it myself. The only thing Chase did was see I paid it off. Why they have become so bad after 6 years, I have no idea. I want to switch to another mortgage company. My house could have been put on auction because of them!!

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Asked for documents I already submitted several times & took over 14 business days to process my appraisal because they were so far behind. Asked me to pre-pay my taxes a month ahead to "look better".

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Recently completed a refinance with Chase. My experience with Chase is that the Chase.com interest rates are not competitive. Also, the Chase.com team members are not knowledgeable and that the different departments do not communicate with each other. They do not tell you that they use outside contractors such as "Service Link" and "Fidelity National Financial" which adds confusion. Even worse is that the Chase loan advisor assigned to your loan is unaware of the outside contractor involvement. The Chase process for submitting documents and tracking status is difficult to use. Additionally, communications with your loan advisor requires you to login to Chase.com and if your loan advisor goes on vacation, you are connected to a different person who has no knowledge of your loan details. Shop around, ask questions and do not accept verbal promises, "get it in writing".

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

While selling one home we were purchasing another home. We both have excellent credit and Chase quickly approved us. One of the reasons I went with Chase is because the Home Lending Advisor offered 50,000 miles to Our Chase Sapphire Cards and guaranteed meeting my closing date. I really felt pushed back and forth between the Lending Advisor and the "Client Care Specialist." Although the online interface was convenient, the personal touch was sorely inadequate.

My bottom line is that they missed closing because they initially wired the wrong amount to the escrow account, and they failed to honor their 50,000 credit card mile bonus. The powers that be at Chase reviewed the first guarantee and said I had too many closing addendums, but the real aggravant was that they said the bonus miles was an expired incentive. They reviewed my telephone calls with the Lending Advisor. They confirmed he had made the offer, and so they gave me a check for $500 even though I refused and said I wanted the miles that were offered. Of course, they also said they would be sending me a 1099 Misc Income form because the $500 check is taxable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

Chase Mortgage Sucks. I literally can not express how negative my experience with Chase Mortgage has been. They have to be the worst company on the planet. Please save yourself the pain and go with anyone else.They purchased my mortgage from my existing lender and the entire process has been miserable.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

They are nothing but a waste of time. There's no communication between departments. I had 20% down (41k cash) in my bank account with 710+ credit score, they kept asking over and over for the same documents. Almost a month later they told me, when I gave that 20% down payment, I won't have any money in my bank account so I have to keep 10.000 in my bank account minimum. Seriously? Minimum 10.000 in PERSONAL CHECKING??? You try to reach them? Good luck with that. Had only 10 days remaining to my closing date, took my business somewhere else.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I applied for a mortgage refinance at a good rate, and the agent was made aware I had not enough income. They led me to believe that if I had enough assets I would qualify for a small mortgage. After asking me for all kinds of information and statements they finally denied me the loan. I wasted close to 100 hours and missed getting a low rate because I believed in Chase. I'm a happy customer of other services, but now not only her manager does not reply to my calls or emails, they also don't want to refund me a $500 deposit. I think the original agent did what she could but it is incredible that a manager ignores customers when issues come up. Based on this experience I strongly suggest finding a different financial institution for your mortgage needs!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

PLEASE wear a tee: "CHASE BANK = BAIT & SWITCH! Also, PLEASE share experience w/ Veteran and Senior organizations. PUBLIC SHAMING by word of mouth can help. Also, contact Board members with your story. Chase transferred my loan to a fly-by-night, non-bank entity, operating out of a boiler-room type operation in Texas. They've been sued for fraud and have numerous complaints about disorganization and unresponsive customer service (Nationstar d/b/a/Mr. **).

After 16 years as originating and refinance w/ no gaps this is my "reward" for trusting my local FL Chase branch. When I compared lower rates w/ Chase's, the lender noted that Chase offered the security of being my local banker, rather than dealing with "on-line" banks that offered lower rate w/o the comfort of having a local rep available if any question arose. Recommend buyers pay a bit more for their credit union keeping loan in-house. Otherwise, go w/ on-line firm at lower rate, since banks will bundle your loan for transfer, esp., if you are a senior.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I wanted to buy a brand new construction house in Minnesota and applied for Chase bank as my mortgage lender. Throughout the process, they kept asking me for documents that I had already submitted multiple times. They have zero coordination between departments. Long story short, Chase gave me conditional approval and confirmed that I was approved if I send the requested documents, and I did! I was confirmed that everything was fine, until a day before my closing date, Chase said they cannot approve my loan without providing any real reason. I lost my deposit money to buy the house, as well as moving costs and many other things. We had already packed our stuff and were ready to move to our new home. STAY AWAY FROM CHASE. They're a fraud. I am working with a lawyer to file a lawsuit. They also take forever to reply to emails and calls.

Not sure about Chase Mortgage?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right mortgage company for you.

Chase Mortgage Company Information