Chase Mortgage
3.70/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Chase Mortgage

Chase is one of largest card issuers in the United States. A review of credit cards issued by Chase Bank shows a wide range of popular personal and small business credit cards which cardholders can use to earn cash back, points for travel, complete balance transfers and more.

Chase credit cards are available with or without an annual fee and come with access to mobile banking, free credit management tools, plus privacy and security features. Chase cards aren’t the easiest to get approved for, but cards like Chase Sapphire Preferred (travel rewards) and Chase Freedom Unlimited (cash back rewards) both earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points that can be combined so you earn rewards faster, making them worth considering. Several credit card offers also offer signup bonus deals as high as 60,000 points, worth up to $750 in travel plus benefits like trip protection (see Chase credit card offers for full details as terms apply).

View More View More

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Chase Mortgage Reviews

Original review: May 11, 2019

They gave the best rate in the market. Their online banking is so easy for payments and the bills describes the loan in a easy way to understand. Their customer service and IVR is superb. Chase is always quick to respond to emails.

Original review: May 10, 2019

They walked us through the process step by step and were wonderful to work with. It was a refi, and they were our prior lender. They did a great job servicing our first loaned also. If we were doing another mortgage they’d be my first choice.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Chase is outstanding when it comes to helping customers navigate through tough financial times! The support I received from Jennifer ** in keeping my home 4 years ago was OUTSTANDING. She helped me navigate through a very tough financial situation with expert advice while expressing empathy and support to the ultimate degree. Recently I reached out because of a short term financial setback and Scott again responded with clear and concise explanation of what to expect going forward. Yes I understand that they consider the consequences to their company when facing foreclosures but their customer support is so completely emphatic and genuine when advising you on the best path forward. Thank you Chase for your policies and your hiring of the best customer advisors I've ever worked with.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Long of the short, I was denied a loan to be taken against one of my TWO already paid for in full homes. They denied me over the phone but I just received a letter stating, "This letter shall confirm your decision to withdraw your application request." This must be their way to protect their loan approval rate. "No, you can't have a loan but we're gonna make that your decision." Fortunately I was also working with a "mortgage lender" and had much better results than requesting from my bank.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

For the last week, I have been trying to pay off our mortgage. Four phone calls and more than 1.5 hours on the phone. Every time I get different numbers and stories. My payments in July were applied to my October payment; it will take two days to reverse it. It took longer and then they turned around and applied another payment to October so now I'm still waiting to have that reversed. Delay, delay, delay and none of the numbers match. When I ask for a supervisor, I'm told they don't have a phone. I would NEVER EVER have a mortgage with Chase again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Where to begin... I purchased a home from a friend for $200k, about 50K below the market value. During the entire loan process I asked the question at least 10-15 times "If the appraisal comes back at $250K I don't have to pay PMI, correct?" Every single time the answer was "that's correct" you will own %20 at the point (which I now know is not true). Several weeks pass and the appraisal comes back at $225K which I was obviously surprised. I expressed my disappointment to two different Chase employees and decided that I wanted to dispute the appraisal so I would not have to pay PMI and because the home value was more.

BOTH employees agreed that I had a strong case for a dispute, let me remind you I made it extremely clear the reason I was doing this was to avoid PMI. BOTH employees let me write a 3 paragraph dispute which they were both on the email and one of them was actually the one to submit it on my behalf. So now the entire process is on hold while we wait to hear back from the appraisal review.

After over a week, and calling Chase several times for updates I get in touch with a third employee. I let her know what's going on and her response is "I'm not sure why you are doing that... The appraisal does not affect your PMI on the initial purchase". I lost my mind and thought for sure what she was telling me was a mistake as I was told the opposite for the first month and two other employees agreed with my dispute for PMI purposes. She discussing with one of the others and their response was "I made that clear to him the entire time that the appraisal wouldn't change his initial loan-to-value (LTV)". My first question was "If two employees made that clear to me then why did those same two agree with and submit a review on my behalf to avoid PMI...?"

If I would have know this from the start my friend and I could have easily wrote the purchase price as 250k, he could have handed me 50k at closing, and I could have immediately refinanced and avoided PMI. At this point we were a week away from the projected closing and it would have cost me around $1k to start over. This whole PMI mess was on top of several other things... They listed my attorney as the title company which still wasn't fixed even at closing. I talked to them 3 times about this, the title company called them, and the attorney contacted them. Secure messages about closing and the title were still going to my attorney even on the day of closing. The denied appraisal was posted to my account for 3 days without anyone contacting me. Also, Chase has a $1k closing guarantee (if they aren't ready in 21 days), just so happens my pointless appraisal dispute voids that.

I talked to one of the managers who agree with me that experience was terrible. He said "Wow... That is a lot to process, I would not be as calm as you right now if I experienced all of that." He asked what Chase could do to make it up to me, even though he stated "I already know that Chase has lost your trust". I asked for the closing guarantee but of course he couldn't make that happen although the appraisal dispute was because of incorrect information. I also asked for additional travel points on my Sapphire Reserve card or for them to pick up any of the closing cost such as their mandatory fees. Both request were denied. Every phone call with Chase is recorded as well so they could easily review those to hear the incorrect information I received. Bottom line, find a mortgage company that will take care of you and work for you. Not like me, where I felt like I was working for Chase.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I've never had problems with mortgage lenders or servicing companies. Unfortunately, my latest mortgage got sold to them after the close, so I didn't even get to choose them. Unfortunately:

1) They've got the worse website for making payments -- won't give you the flexibility that every other mortgage company I've used has. Can't make early, partial, or extra payments dedicated to principal.
      2) They kept losing our proof of insurance -- literally provided it to them 4 different times in 3 different ways (website upload, fax, mail), but they still charged me $2k for extra flood insurance that they bought even though I'd already bought my own (and sent to them).
      3) Worst customer service -- completely condescending; no access to talk to a manager when they didn't address my concern; and of course no resolution of the issue.

4) Lying -- they said they'd reached out to my insurance broker and company multiple times, yet I confirmed with both that they'd not received any notification.

So, obviously I would NEVER use Chase as a lender if I had a choice... And going forward, I'll check with the original lender to see if Chase is one of their servicing partners. Avoid my wasted hours and heartburn (and $2k).

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

We have had a home Mortgage with Chase for 11yrs and during this time we have always paid our mortgage payments in full and on time. We have never been late. Recently with the latest rate drop we decided to refinance our current 3.25% 20yr fixed rate and roll-in a 2nd line of credit (5%) that we had with a local bank. The combined debt = $414,000 and we wanted to refinance this amount with Chase and hopefully get another 20 yr or maybe even a 15-rate if it made sense. Well, my wife called Chase and spoke to one of their Lending Advisor's (aka, loan originators named "Nick") and told him in detail that we both had excellent credit, good paying jobs, and the current state of our finances, home value and debts.

This gentleman (Nick) ran through the current rates and programs that Chase was advertising and gave my wife an estimate of what to expect for our new mortgage. Needless to say the rate and payment amount that the Chase loan advisor came back with was very good. Now, I had also been looking at rates and could not touch the rate and payment that my wife had gotten by this man...not without paying heavy points to buy down the rate a very lot. I figured that this rate was given to current longtime customers like me that had shown financial responsibility. Plus, all of my escrows were already in Chase accounts so no new escrows would have to be given or rolled into the loan which could cause the rate and/or payment to become higher.

My wife called Nick the following day and asked him to confirm the rate and payment for the 1st mortgage and 2nd line of credit to be consolidated. Nick again ran the numbers and again came up with a fantastic rate and payment. My wife was thrilled and told me that we should both speak with Nick tonight and fill out the official credit refinance application to proceed. Not wanting to miss out on this deal we both called Nick and once more Nick confirmed the rate and payment. Nick explained that with excellent credit (740+) we could expect the rate he had quoted us 3 times now (3.125%). I told him that I was a bit leery of the rate that he had quoted, but he assured me that the final rate and payment would be in-line with his previous 3 quotes "give or take a little..."

I told him that I DID NOT want to be subjected to a "bait & switch" scenario and he again assured me that his figures were good. So we proceeded with the credit and gave him our social security numbers and he ran our credit. He told us we both had 779, 777 and the lowest score of the 3 credit bureaus 753 would be the one they would be using. He said that 753 was in the "excellent" range and would be back after he entered in all of our information and told us what programs we were eligible for.

Lo and behold, Nick came back and said that the original payment would be $1,000 higher than he had quoted us. Not, $, or $10, but $1,000 more? I yelled at Nick and wanted an immediate explanation and all he kept saying was that "Everyone in his office at Chase has been experiencing systems issues...and he was not sure how this happened.." Would I like to go ahead and finish the application? I told absolutely "NO" and I wanted to speak with his manager right away. This is loan deception and misrepresentation by a bank at its very worst. Not only that, they had done a "hard-pull" of my credit which would lower my credit score even more!!

I finally got one of Nick's managers (Mike) on the phone and he said that I must have made a mistake. I told him that all of the calls are recorded and that he should listen to all 3 conversations and what was said to my wife (twice) and both of us together by Nick the crook! He did listen to the three calls and then called me back and said it was an honest mistake on Nick's part and that training would be needed to correct the issue. **! I told him what they did was fraud and misrepresentation.

He said that only people with 800 credit scores will receive top tier rates and since mine was less, I was out of luck. Well, on Chase's website and almost all others it says that credit scores of 740+ is considered "EXCELLENT." Apparently they do not believe in Truth in advertising. This is just appalling and I'm a long time customer. Not after this slap in the face. As soon as I get rid of Chase the better. People, DO NOT do business with Chase or JP Morgan Chase... You have been forewarned.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

If you are self-employed (e.g. such as you live in the LA area and are connected with the entertainment industry), save yourself two weeks of a headache, and go elsewhere for a home loan. They don't provide a checklist to guide you when you're self-employed. My husband's income was the deal breaker for our loan. He took paternity leave in 2018, and his income dipped. They wanted assurance it wouldn't do so again, and after document after document, nothing was good enough. They took their time, finally asked my husband for a profit and loss statement, which he made by totaling expenses from his Chase Business credit card, and his profits. Not good enough. We were then told to have our CPA create one. That wasn't good enough either.

We finally cancelled when it was taking more than 9 days to even get a positive response. We're now desperate and working with a local lender to not lose the home of our dreams. The new lender has already said nothing looks out of place, and assured us we have enough to qualify. This costs us, the buyers of our current house, and the sellers of our new home all precious time and money that young families can't afford to miss. I want to cry just writing this! We had to pay Chase $500 as an earnest money deposit...Now that's down the drain too. If you do decide to try Chase, do yourself a favor and also try somewhere else. DON"T pay for an appraisal until you've been approved! They were going to charge us $570 for an appraisal, which they technically own the rights to (I believe).

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

The flood insurance and mortgage departments cannot seem to work together and keep their records straight. Issues happen every year even after I asked them to put notes into my file to keep things straight. The latest... after I called over a month ago to check if everything was ok they sent me a letter saying I was underinsured. After getting misdirected, dropped calls, etc., etc. I was later told that the letter was incorrect. Another 1.5 hours of wasted time. I'm still ticked that I lost the chance to refinance (with Chase!) because of delays and confusion with their flood insurance department. Why am I paying Chase money to manage a mortgage when their service is so consistently poor year after year?

Chase Mortgage Company Information