Chase Mortgage
3.59/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Chase Mortgage

Chase is one of largest card issuers in the United States. A review of credit cards issued by Chase Bank shows a wide range of popular personal and small business credit cards which cardholders can use to earn cash back, points for travel, complete balance transfers and more.

Chase credit cards are available with or without an annual fee and come with access to mobile banking, free credit management tools, plus privacy and security features. Chase cards aren’t the easiest to get approved for, but cards like Chase Sapphire Preferred (travel rewards) and Chase Freedom Unlimited (cash back rewards) both earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points that can be combined so you earn rewards faster, making them worth considering. Several credit card offers also offer signup bonus deals as high as 60,000 points, worth up to $750 in travel plus benefits like trip protection (see Chase credit card offers for full details as terms apply).

View More View More

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Chase Mortgage Reviews

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

They are nothing but a waste of time. There's no communication between departments. I had 20% down (41k cash) in my bank account with 710+ credit score, they kept asking over and over for the same documents. Almost a month later they told me, when I gave that 20% down payment, I won't have any money in my bank account so I have to keep 10.000 in my bank account minimum. Seriously? Minimum 10.000 in PERSONAL CHECKING??? You try to reach them? Good luck with that. Had only 10 days remaining to my closing date, took my business somewhere else.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

PLEASE wear a tee: "CHASE BANK = BAIT & SWITCH! Also, PLEASE share experience w/ Veteran and Senior organizations. PUBLIC SHAMING by word of mouth can help. Also, contact Board members with your story. Chase transferred my loan to a fly-by-night, non-bank entity, operating out of a boiler-room type operation in Texas. They've been sued for fraud and have numerous complaints about disorganization and unresponsive customer service (Nationstar d/b/a/Mr. **).

After 16 years as originating and refinance w/ no gaps this is my "reward" for trusting my local FL Chase branch. When I compared lower rates w/ Chase's, the lender noted that Chase offered the security of being my local banker, rather than dealing with "on-line" banks that offered lower rate w/o the comfort of having a local rep available if any question arose. Recommend buyers pay a bit more for their credit union keeping loan in-house. Otherwise, go w/ on-line firm at lower rate, since banks will bundle your loan for transfer, esp., if you are a senior.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I wanted to buy a brand new construction house in Minnesota and applied for Chase bank as my mortgage lender. Throughout the process, they kept asking me for documents that I had already submitted multiple times. They have zero coordination between departments. Long story short, Chase gave me conditional approval and confirmed that I was approved if I send the requested documents, and I did! I was confirmed that everything was fine, until a day before my closing date, Chase said they cannot approve my loan without providing any real reason. I lost my deposit money to buy the house, as well as moving costs and many other things. We had already packed our stuff and were ready to move to our new home. STAY AWAY FROM CHASE. They're a fraud. I am working with a lawyer to file a lawsuit. They also take forever to reply to emails and calls.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I was the seller of a property - the buyers were using Chase. Chase missed the closing date 3 times! The buyers lost their earnest money twice due to missed closing dates. It got to the point where we severed the contract because we lost faith in Chase's ability to close. We started to take new offers. Here is the kicker. The buyers Bank with Chase and they still got poor service. Seriously. Find a better mortgage company. There are many out there.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I had a mortgage with Chase Manhattan Mortgage Corporation. In 2004, I refinanced it with them for lower interest rates. I got a letter dated May 12, 2004 from them saying the original mortgage loan was paid off in full and the lien release papers would be sent between 60 to 90 days from date of payoff. The second mortgage loan was subsequently paid off and the lien release for that one sent off in 2015. I recently applied for a HELOC and discovered that the lien for the original mortgage loan that was supposed to be released in 2004 was still open.

Chase says they sent the lien release in July of 2004, but the county recorder's office did says they did not record it because they either did not receive it or it was defective and they would have sent it back. Chase says I have to have a full title search done (at my own expense of $60 to $80) to prove to them that there is still an open lien and I have to prove to them that I paid off the loan (remember, Chase gave me both the first and second mortgage on the house) before they will search their archives to find a copy of the lien release document to send to me so I can bring it to the county recorder and have it recorded at my own expense ($46).

Why should I have to pay for a full title search to prove to Chase that there is an open lien against my property in order for them to send a copy of the lien release they claim they sent to the county? And why can't they send that copy to the county directly themselves? They made enough in interest from me over the life of two mortgage loans to cover a little research, postage, and recording fees.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

I applied for a HELOC at Chase and was pre-approved. I waited three days for Chase to call. When the agent called, he asked a few questions, looked at my existing mortgage and told me that it was a home equity loan, which it is not, it was my original mortgage. Anyway, he said the only way I could be approved for a loan is if the entire mortgage was refinanced at Chase. Problem is that my original mortgage is 3.5%, and Chase quoted me at 6.4%.

I told the agent that it was hard to believe I had an equity loan, but I wasn't sure, because my mortgage has been transferred twice since the original lender. I told him that I was not interested in doubling my mortgage rate, and declined. I then called my current lender and confirmed, I did not have a home equity loan. Chase lied in an attempt to double my interest rate.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

My mortgage was sold to Chase. I thought this was great since I was already a Chase customer. The escrow for property taxes was not setup correctly and there was a significant shortage. Additionally, they claimed to never receive the tax bills and I had to contact them to get the taxes paid. When interest rates dropped I decided to refinance. Chase offered a great rate and since they already held the initial loan the process was supposed to be straightforward. This was not the case. The initial loan officer sent me a loan application with inaccurate information despite our 40 minute phone conversation for him to collect the pertinent information. When I asked that he update the form he said to just sign it because he told underwriting about the updates.

It wasn’t until I stated that it is a violation of federal law to knowingly provide false information on a mortgage application and for that reason I would not sign it that he updated the application to reflect accurate information. They didn’t seem to know what information was needed once my application was conditionally approved. I had to ask them when did they need insurance and HOA information. There was closing date set that came and went and no one contacted me. I called and expressed my dissatisfaction with the process and that we were nearing the rate lock expiration. I finally closed but if purchase and additional property or decide to refinance again I will not go with Chase. The process was unorganized and took too long.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

Their “guarantee” if they mess up your closing date is a SCAM. Basically if it is caused by anything third party WiFi is everything they go through. Since they are online you will not get that guarantee. They are a bunch of crooks. They caused me so much hell with my home buying experience because they didn’t schedule things on time. Would never recommend.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I filed against Chase Mortgage which at the time was listed under JP MORGAN CHASE and filed with the OCC and other agencies including the INDEPENDENT MORTGAGE REVIEW which is a government agency that investigated the foreclosures of the 2008 mortgage scam. At the time I had my home listed for sale AFTER my insurance company BADGER MUTUAL INSURANCE - failed to pay out my claim when the pressure relief valve on a NEW boiler failed and exploded the radiator in my upper unit apartment where I resided causing about $15,000 in damages.

I had listed my home on MLS listing and the REALTOR listed the duplex in the price range of $179,999 - and from then on I had nothing but scams involving a few police officers, housing authorities, zoning and of course the integrity of CHASE MORTGAGE and the attorney firm they hired - Gray, End and Associates -along with an attorney firm in LOs Gatos, CA SMWB (attorneys Kurt Wilson and Stuart **), COMERICA TRUST BANK - Brenda ** which actually threatened to "have the government funding discontinued to the Legal Aid Society in Jefferson County, WI - if they continued to help me stop the foreclosure" - COMERICA TRUST in Minneapolis, MN was shut down (to my understanding by the FED's) on or around May 15, 2019 - so I continued to contact the headquarters in Dallas, TX - however, the Babbs and the new CEO ignore contact from BBB, OCC, Federal Reserve must be part of this scandal as I write to them and they just keep passing the buck to each other as provided with emails to Senator Ron Johnson which were never resolved there either.

Look. The INDEPENDENT MORTGAGE REVIEW sided with me and with all the scandal, beating up, attempt at burning down my new resident with me in,, firing of police officers, manipulation of court dates, court files, and failure to pay my claim and than putting a insurance policy in plan that cost $2,200 a year instead of the $500 I was paying (billed TWICE in one billing) obviously, this was a scandal and CHASE was ordered to pay me my damages by Dec 2016. CHASE WANTED until the last minute to pay not the $179,999 due me but an insulting $8.93 on Dec 16, 2016 check #** for CHASE FCRA SETTLEMENT CLAIMS ADMINISTRATOR in PROVIDENCE, RI 02940-3390.

I attempted to contact the Independent mortgage review to dispute this unfair "settlement" since I had my property listed for $179,999- where I only owed $77,000 balance before they illegally manipulated the zoning/ health dept saying I was a bum living in their bank building without electricity, heat or running water/plumbing-and had several dogs and cats and police to temporary "CONDEMN" my house just long enough for them to barge into my house steal personal property, trash my apartment by throwing garbage (some from the outside) and clothes all over, turn off my refrigerator with food, and then go into the basement and cut my water line at the meter so I would have to pay $250 to have zoning come out and fix it if I wanted to continue living there. They FORCED me out of my lower unit apartment I was residing in which was FINE and had a separate working boiler (heat), running water, clean, and I had one dog.

It's funny that I took COMERICA TRUST BANK TO COURT in SANTA CLARA COUNTY AND Brenda ** submitted a sworn statement saying she held funds to pay for all my financial needs and then turned around and failed to provide any money - I wrote to the BBB, the CONSUMER FINANCIAL PROTECTION BUREAU (CFPB), and Helpwithmybank agencies are suppose to help the consumer - however, a no name person there just deletes all complaints about any banks sighting it 'Duplicate' or needs to go the OCC, Federal Reserve, or other agencies to "help" consumers- but, then you get a letter from all those sending it back and forth to all agencies as in the emails I sent to SENATOR RON JOHNSON. As PROOF.

I want to note that my when my foreclosure went to court in JEFFERSON COUNTY, WI - In court I received a summons for my other property in (MILWAUKEE CO (West Allis, WI) which the city flooded the entire neighborhood in 2008 than again in 2009 where FEMA stepped in. Not only was I screwed out of my FEMA payment because some "unknown" manipulated my claim address- the summons was for West Allis claim for over $8500 for not fixing stuff by the due date of the letter- which was thrown out in court- but, the corruption is still present. The scam continues with harassment at another building where I received a parking ticket IN MY DRIVEWAY parking in a spot occupied for almost 30 years. All of a sudden some drug dealer in the neighborhood decides to manipulate his police buddies once more and give me a parking ticket?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Long of the short, I was denied a loan to be taken against one of my TWO already paid for in full homes. They denied me over the phone but I just received a letter stating, "This letter shall confirm your decision to withdraw your application request." This must be their way to protect their loan approval rate. "No, you can't have a loan but we're gonna make that your decision." Fortunately I was also working with a "mortgage lender" and had much better results than requesting from my bank.

Chase Mortgage Company Information