Chase Mortgage

Compare Mortgage Companies

Research top Mortgage Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

This will be the first time I have ever written a review. As a business owner I am sensitive to online reviews since many of them do not tell the full story. My story is simply this: I ended up being a customer of Chase Mortgage as a result of them buying my mortgage from the previous company I did business with. When they assumed the mortgage they contacted my local assessor’s office to get the parcel number of my home since it was a mortgage with escrow for taxes and insurance. The parcel number they were given was for an adjoining property that was free and clear. When they paid my taxes to the county from my escrow, they paid the taxes due on the unimproved land... a much lower amount. I then received a notice from the county that my taxes were left mostly unpaid.

After 4 telephone calls and countless hours with their tax department, they agreed the problem was theirs, caused by them and they were willing to pay the fines I had incurred for being delinquent. Fast forward 12 months... Again Chase pays the taxes on the wrong property but this time they claim they must since now my mortgage shows both properties on it.

The last communications I received was from Susan ** (with no phone number to contact her directly) stated she could not remove the wrong parcel number from the mortgage (even though they put it there), but I could, on my time, send a written plea to the Chase Land Transaction department with supporting documentation from the county and have it removed. I paid off my Mortgage to eliminate having to deal with Chase again and to receive the money back from the county that they paid on the wrong parcel. I would highly recommend you do not mortgage with Chase since it is clear that any problems they cause will soon become yours.

I've never done business with a company with such bad customer service. I'm in the US Navy and trying to sell my home because of military orders to another state. I've had this house on the market for 3 years and every offer I got Chase denied it and once I got an offer that Chase agreed and we still haven't closed yet. The offer was submitted in early December of 2016. It's now 29 August and still no closing date. Every time my realtor and I call my file manager isn't never at work and when she is at work she's never at her desk. I swear that I will make sure every person that I encounter that's trying to purchase a home won't use Chase Home Mortgage. If I could give them negative stars I would. I'm very disappointed and dissatisfied.

I am not sure how Consumer Affairs is doing its job, but I know for sure the banking system and mortgages are not doing their jobs and in a place like America, which I hold in the highest redeem - what goes on in the system of lending - is frankly unacceptable by any standard whatsoever. I am so deeply saddened that, the practice, which should be unlawfully illegal, is simply accepted as a part of how the system is suppose and everybody in the loop just simply bows down to it. I am saddened to see that, consumers have not yet, demanded that fairness and justice is in place and out of lack of knowledge (not due to ignorance, cause it is NOT written anywhere but out of experience, including Consumer Affairs - DOES NOT DO ANYTHING other than bow down).

I am at this point on my 4th time dealing with a loan officer to purchase a home. Each time, I am told, my debt to income ratio is good, my credit score is 739, I have the down payment amount of 20% AND at least 12 months in reserves. All credit cards paid to almost zero. What is the problem then? In not getting a loan after 4 attempts now and having spent close to $20,000 dollars in home inspections so far? Prejudice? I am not sure? I am not an American born but I am a citizen yes but my income is from abroad? Is this the reason? Not sure. Maybe, yes - maybe no!

But after going around the loop for 4 times now - I can tell you for sure - it really is about people NOT being able to do their jobs and the consumer having to pay through the nose because of it. This shouldn't be happening. Each time - how many wrong assumption an underwriter was willing to make instead of really looking at the paper work was a problem. Each time, an underwriter and therefore institution not being able to make the timeline, being the reason a deal dropped out - was the reason - why I have spent over $20,000 dollars!!! They have said a week turn around, it ends up being a month. Simply cause they do not deliver, in the guidelines they said they would.

This is not fair. Either deliver the deadlines, and not have an underwriter look at so many files that they can't deliver or be the responsible party to pay for all the costs UNLESS you deliver. Either OR... but have some laws in place - where consumer is not at the beckon call of a underwriter not doing the job. It's not one bad apple, the system itself is the bad smelling apple. The amounts of mistake I had to handle - yet with no results - but the mistakes itself were so stupid and wrong. There is a total communication break down. If an underwriter - doesn't take the time to really look at your file - they can claim for conditions that are not even a reality. Unless you check a very limited box- they don't know what to do with you.

Right now, besides being perfect on paper, I have half of the money I am applying for in the bank. Yet, once again they have not delivered on time, and once again the seller might pull the rug from underneath me... cause the BANK is not delivering in timely manner. If I don't pay my credit card in time what is the cost? Higher interest rates not the mention high penalties for being late. Nobody cares, if I am sick or my mother just died? Fair enough. Business is business. But when banks, don't deliver? There should be a cost, equal to what they demand... at the very least, pay for all my costs for getting me to believe, you would do your job, if you have not delivered? Or - have a law that forbids, paying for appraisal out of pocket. Out of my pocket if you deliver, not out of my pocket if you don't.

Make it hard for underwriters to be having a bad day, OR huge institutions that decide not to fund you... there has to be the COST of doing business on the shoulders of institutions as well. If there is not; as in the lending loop, lets not pretend the consumer is being protected in any way. It just isn't the case. Again, Chase is claiming conditions for approval, which are not really conditions, if they really looked at the paperwork. What they are asking for are already fulfilled conditions - minus the possible prejudice part. Which I am actually rather fine with. I would take that anytime over people not doing their jobs and really looking at the paperwork cause they have too much "other" stuff going on. But laws not protecting the consumer over the institutions are not ok by me... they are dragging their feet for an amount of a sale price that I have 50% of in the bank already. My seller is probably not going to wait around!

Conclusion? I am happy - I have decided to buy cash down. Problem? As consumer we shouldn't be so mistrusting the system, IF we do there is a reason - and the system should change. With all the reviews I read on this website, it's amazing to me, the system is still in place the way it is. Chase being a very good example for how it doesn't work. The system needs remedy for sure and urgently. Anyone who has been through it can see it is theft of the consumer - while everybody else has themselves covered. Should not be happening in this way...

It was a nightmare applying for a mortgage with Chase (a bank we have used for over 35 years). First red flag was we were told one month in that we were going to be denied. My husband questioned them and they had left out substantial income! Once that was resolved there were other constant obstacles. We have owned previous homes so we know it is a process but they kept asking for explanations of our documents. They had the numbers in front of them and couldn't figure it out! Two months into the process we had to apply with a different bank. In the end we were able to close with a new bank without a problem. But Chase screwed us one last time. They refused to release the appraisal we had done with them. We had to get a new appraisal for the home we were purchasing. I would never recommend them to anyone!

The seller of the house is in a nursing home and wants someone to assume her loan. She contacted Chase and they sent her the paperwork for the person assuming the mortgage to fill out. We filled out the papers. Had the lady sign all the papers including a bill of sale, the turn over of the escrow to us, an insurance binder, etc. Today we get a paper saying the mortgage is not assumable. Our obligations are too high, $15 a month credit card payment. They are saying husband has credit issues with one hospital bill of $153 and credit score of 650. The lady is trying to save her credit. She is struggling to get the mortgage payment every month. My husband has had bad dealings with them before. It is not right on what they are doing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Stay far away from Chase if you are getting a condo. My loan officer says Chase has a special questionnaire which they won't give you so you can pay an extra $300 buyer's packet from the HOA to get it. I was able to get a copy of this top secret questionnaire through someone else, so just email me and I can give it to you to avoid having to pay a buyer's packet through the HOA. But to avoid all of this, stay away from Chase for condo financing. They blame everything on Fannie Mae and I'm just waiting to hear that somehow "Fannie Mae" (i.e. Chase) has denied my loan because of one made up problem or another. Chase - I want my $300 buyer's fee package reimbursed! I shouldn't have to pay to have a questionnaire filled out that I should've been able to get from the beginning! You shouldn't hide this questionnaire from the buyers!

As a victim of a Ponzi scheme perpetrated by the involvement of big banks, Chase biggest contributor. When WaMu went under Chase purchased various assets. I thought WaMu was bad. Chase was worse!! I was granted a trial modification and was a few month into it when I received notice that Chase would not honor the modification. It took over 3 years and tons of paperwork and filing complaints with the PA Department Of Banking was it granted. I do not understand why they can get away with such deception and illegal business practices. They need to be held accountable for ruining so many lives.

After I became sick and lost my job, had to stay with family out of state, and was behind $1500 on my mortgage, Chase foreclosed on my lakeside condo. 14 years and never a late payment and they foreclosed without even a courtesy phone call. It has been 2 months since the sale and the law firm they use, Codilis & Stawiarsky, will not release the excess proceeds to me. They also have not used the sale proceeds to pay off my mortgage, which is accruing additional fees. They ignore my calls and emails, will occasionally respond and ask for information, then no contact for another week, nothing but delaying tactics.

Chase claims they have nothing to do with it, yet this is a firm Chase partners with and they should own that relationship. Allowing the firm to sit on the money, not pay off the mortgage, run up additional charges, and withhold my funds is unethical. Do not do business with Chase. Their business practices are highly questionable.

Chase Bank has to be the worst bank to work with. Since they are one the largest banks in the world and have foreclosed and thousands of homes some even people who were or are in the military. They have the worst customer service that I have ever experienced in my life. They are definitely out of compliance! And sooner than later they will have to be accountable. Getting a loan modification is a joke! They would rather just try and foreclose on your home. Recently, they change my account number with absolutely no notification to me at all! What kind of banking institution does this? One that is nothing but a company who is in the business of making more money than God and to try and acquire your home. This company absolutely disgusting.

On June 20th 2016 I was trying to refinance my mortgage at Chase in La Habra, Sherri ** was the mortgage banker. The mortgage was under living trust but she decided to put under my name only and then it delayed the process until Dec 2016. They increased the closing cost and I lost opportunity to get the 2.875% interest rate. No more mortgage with Chase anymore.

Chase was responsive and proactive until I signed my loan papers. After that, there was delay after delay and I had to continually follow up. I was told that some paperwork was not received. When I told them someone at Chase had signed for it (according to FedEx), they finally confessed that the person in that department had left and that it was in disarray. When I asked the person in Resolution Management for contact information to file a complaint, I was told that it would just end up coming back to them so there was nothing I could do. This was literally the worst experience I have ever had both from a processing and customer service standpoint. It is clear that Chase only cares about you until you sign on the dotted line.

I was shock the services provided by Chase on May 30th 2017. I had a merchant go in my account with no authority from me. I call Chase, they told me there is nothing that could be done. I called the merchant as I took that loss of $51.62, OK fine. Again I was asleep I get a text, these people did it again. As I call Chase at 12 midnight as I come out my sleep they say they can't help me again. Now my mortgage payments was off. Guess who was left holding the stick. Again Chase is the worst in every way. People beware as for Chase don't help you, they take from you. SMH. Chase is bad business always. My wife left Chase and went to TD Bank and it was a great move so guess what people follow an old customer. I am going to I have not sleep with this issue.

Their slogan should be "we lend money - reluctantly." Q2: After a relocation we had a choice of mortgage companies: Wells Fargo, Chase, Quicken and we chose wrong when we chose Chase. Their closings are notorious for being very long and drawn out. You literally have to sign paperwork, fax it to them, WAIT until someone reviews them which could take hours and then and only then do you FINALLY get the money for your house. Would NEVER ever use them again. We had great credit rating and put almost 50% down!! Still got treated like paupers. I try to warn everyone NOT to use Chase. All the realtors at the closing said they hate dealing with Chase.

Do not use Chase to refinance your home loan!!! Chase has owned our home loans in the past and when it came time refinance we decided why not try them, big mistake. At first it was pretty good but once we started the process we were treated like a stat that had to be reached. When we tried to get information on different ways to refinance, it always felt like what we wanted was dismissed and Chase was only interested in what was easiest for them. The only way that they would give any numbers to consider for the loan is if we provided them with $500 for good faith and appraisal. We were promised that we could get back the $500 if we decided not to do the loan. Chase is a big company so I thought we were ok.

Then the circus really started. They had two different people working on the loan which is understandable but if you asked one of them a question they would say they did not know and we would have to ask the other guy. Then you would talk to the other guy and come up with more questions and he would say you had to talk to the other guy. Basically one hand did not have any idea what the other was doing. Then we started to get some numbers but one of the bankers at Chase started to go as far as to basically talk down to my wife who is a working professional in computers and she refused to deal with Chase and asked me to finish the process. The circus continued and the numbers would ever come out like they said they would and neither of the bankers would be able to explain why.

Finally after two months of not closing on a loan and after they wasted hours of our time I stated I wanted to cancel the loan process. I had family obligations and could not continue. I was referred to another person and when I told the original two bankers that I was waiting to hear from the lady I was referred to they hung up on me and I have never heard back from them. I asked for my money back that I was told I could get back and was told that was not possible.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and after waiting three days for her to call me she called. She asked me to go through the situation so I went through everything again only for her to tell my that they decided to refund me $30 and they could not refund the other $470 even though it was their lack of ability to do a simple refinance. I complained and was told that she is not authorized to make any refund decisions. So basically she wasted more of my time to help me with nothing. They say their calls are recorded and I've asked them to review the calls and that I want my money back. I was told they would look into it. It's been a week and haven't heard anything from Chase. There are a lot of companies out there willing to refinance a house. Use any of them. Tell all your friends and family to not use Chase. I do not want anyone to have to go through the circus that I am still going through!

Nobody in this department can give you a straight answer. They tell you what you need to do to get mortgage insurance removed from the policy, then when you do that they tell you something different!! Very dishonest people and they cannot be trusted!! Do yourself a favor and don't use them. They purchased my mortgage so I had no choice!! Terrible customer service!!

Just spent a whole day trying to get my client's transaction to fund. Sat at the closing table for 2.5 hours. Did not fund on the day it was supposed to. Had to pull in multiple people to get this done.

I initially got worried reading all these terrible reviews about Chase home mortgage when I was looking into doing my refinance. But I've heard so many more terrible things about Quicken loans, I decided to stick with the bank that held my loan, and my 2nd to refinance. Yes, it took about 6 weeks, yes, they appear to want ALL KINDS of documentation and tax records and explanations, but don't they all? Anyway, the appraisal process went very quickly and my house appraised for 10k more than what they initially thought so I had a lot more to work with. I wrapped up my 1st, 2nd, student loans, credit cards and still had $ left over to me at closing. My interest rate was competitive and my monthly payment is about $1200 less than what I had been paying, so I'm extremely happy about the overall process.

What I've noticed is that the underwriters really do want to help you, they really do want to lend you the money, but they are people too and if you are rude and snarky with them then they don't want to call you and deal with you. They are people too, I found that they were extremely helpful and the entire process took about 8 weeks from my initial submission to actual funding. Overall, I'm pretty happy with how I've been treated and my new financial package.

Chase claims we are 5 months behind in our mortgage. We are not. We have made several attempts to submit the proof from our bank payments were made, but they won't listen. We never speak to the same person twice. They can't even tell us what months we are behind!! They are taking our home from us. They won't listen or even look at our bank statement that clearly show they have cashed our checks. One star was too generous.

The absolute worst Mortgage Company I have ever had the experience to deal with. Home appraisal was totally inaccurate - all of the mistakes were pointed out to the loan officer and nothing was done. Would recommend not wasting your time with this company. In addition, have used Quicken on two separate occasions. Quicken was easy, professional, and knowledgeable - great customer service - so much better than Chase.

My wife and I lost our jobs during the banking crisis of '08 and '09. We contacted our mortgage provider (Chase) that we would like to see if we could modify our mortgage agreement. They wanted a hardship letter explaining our situation and a list of supporting documentation. We faxed everything requested and waited to hear the decision. At regular intervals they requested more recent documentation. After months of re-submissions, they indicated we were going to have a 'trial payment' period where we must submit the payments on-time for a short trial period. We did as instructed and continued past the number of months until they sent our payment check back and said they couldn't accept our checks or payments any longer. This situation continued for 3 years with Chase requiring more recent documentation.

Then, out of the blue, they said we had qualified for a modified mortgage (enclosed with the letter) and we had seven days to accept or it would be withdrawn. We signed it. Our mortgage changed from a 30 year fixed to a 40 year fixed at a lower interest rate. We did not notice they had also taken the 3yrs. of payments we didn't make (their instructions) and added them to the principal balance plus interest. We finally found a bank that would refinance our loan in 2016. Our payment increased a very small amount but the term went to a twenty year period. This year, we received our interest statement from Chase. It indicated we paid over $39,000 interest in 2016! I asked if could be a mistake. They filed a dispute on the amount and came back saying it was correct. It appears they charged all the interest for the remaining term of the 40 year loan as capitalized interest! What a crooked institution!

When I initially called and spoke with the representative from Chase, the guy said it could take as little as three days... more like almost two months. The representative kept asking for more paperwork, which might have been due to the underwriter, but it also seemed like there was always a problem with the uploads and had to be redone. Then the agent went on vacation, then they wanted other tax returns, then they wanted the new ones from this year, then when I called they said it was denied because I didn't get back with them... I had a message the day before and an email saying to go to my online account, which I did and there was no message. Wasted my time and delayed my refinance when I needed the funds.

I should have known better. I applied for a Chase refinance last year, with the same lengthy process and excuses. I ended up going with a different lender and a better deal that saved me thousands of dollars compared to going with Chase. Within a month, the company we went with ended up selling the loan to... Chase... I won't ever go with this company again. My experience with Chase is you have a lot of paper pushers. Terrible service.

My payment and a deposit were applied at the the same time so my mortgage was short a few dollars.. I called them immediately to explain and to see if they deposit the payment twice. I was told that do not, so I gave them my checking account over the phone to make sure they got paid on time. As it turned out they did deposit the original payment twice and now my checking account is overdrawn because of their error. I asked if they could wire the money back to my checking account or send me a check overnight. They said they would wire it back... It is now a week later and still no money. They gave me some BS about a "middle man" and that is where the money is. This is unacceptable. It's 2017, everything is done electronically... There is no reason this should take this long. I also don't know what country I was calling... I am assuming it was India. If you are getting a mortgage go anywhere except Chase.

We had one of those terrible loans from 2006, with an ARM. We had modified the loan a year after thru EMC Mortgage with was good for several years. Well, as time progresses banks buy and sell mortgages. Ours, was one that ended up with Chase. So now, fast forward into the future, mid year of 2016, we receive a letter saying our mortgage is going up $500 bucks. We have a renter in the property covering the current mortgage and we cannot afford to pay more. We contact Chase and they do a quick affordability survey on us and decide that we indeed cannot afford the additional mortgage and send us paperwork for a modified mortgage. Once received the paperwork, we send it back with a substantial amount of back up, bank statements, pay stubs, rental agreements line by line explanations of bank statements. Finally, October we receive a letter from Chase approving us for one little thing and that was a Short Sale!

My husband's credit score was 800, we have never been late on any payments, so therefore we did not qualify for any mortgage assistance programs. Their letter stated that we had 14 days to find a real estate agent, submit all of that paperwork for the short sale, list the house, etc. Remember, we have a tenant in the home on a three year lease who we have not spoken to as of yet. We decided to discuss our situation with an attorney, and of course he said that in most cases unless, you don't pay your mortgage you won't get help (what?). So we submit all the paperwork for the realtor, kick out our tenant, show the house a few times and now we receive another letter from Chase, saying that we are no good for a short sale. "That window closed. You now need to reapply." So I did all the paperwork again, resubmitted it and it has been approved, but for only one loan and not the other. So now dealing with that.

Also, my husband went to make the payment on both mortgages on a Friday, and one went thru and other did not, because Chase closed and turned on their auto message. So first thing on Monday morning, he explained what happened and he did not want a late fee or any derogatory issues with his credit and they actually told him that they could accept his payment but it will be late no matter what. HATE Chase!

I know this is a wasted effort because the scalawags that need to see it don't give a fat ** about their customers and in particular Disabled Veterans. I could go into a long drawn out dissertation but it would be boring. I'm a 100% Combat Disabled Veteran with about 24 years in the military. I recently purchased a condo in Maui for my wife and I, deciding to use Chase to handle the loan was the biggest financial mistake I have ever made.

I have owned 6 other properties in my short 70 trips around the sun and this time it was hell. After nearly two months of them working on this loan I finally fired them. Don't go near these unprofessional, unethical bunch of idiots. You will regret it. The loan was and is still in underwriting. I wish I could articulate what I would really like to say but it wouldn't serve any purpose. Veteran choose a lending institution that specializes in VA Loans... Semper Fi.

First I must say most of the people at Chase I dealt with have been great. It is the fact that you not contact anyone directly. You can not email anyone or call their extension directly. Every time you call you have to go through the 15 minute process of being directed around. And God forbid they need a form. You have to fax it 6 times and then they will say they got it and then a week later say they did not. In this day and age you should be able to contact someone with out being transferred 12 times.

My husband and I bank with Chase. We own a business and use Chase for our business. We decided to use Chase to purchase another home to replace our residence that we sold. We also wanted to refi two rental properties while rates are low and get some cash out. We started this process Dec. 12, 2016. Basically, their underwriting department is nonfunctional. We are business owners and we know we have to submit more documentation, but that wasn't our problem. We provided business returns, personal tax returns, rental leases right away. The purchase needed to close in January. Still not closed! Refi should be simple, right, I already own them, still not closed.

I read another review and my experience was exactly the same. I sent requested documents in the same day. List after list of documentation. Letters of explanation, followed by letters from my bookkeeper, follow by more requests for letters from my CPA. Come on! Can underwriting read a tax return they requested? We have a small, simple business.

Bottom line I finally pushed back in February and requested to close the refi of rentals ASAP. ASAP to Chase means March 27. I decided that if Chase can't get my purchase done in a timely manner, I would have time to check out some other banks. One smaller bank was so nice when we walked that we met the loan officer right them. We explained our situation. She told us she could close this purchase in March. Really, this is the end of February and we are business owners. She assured us that it can actually happen. We decided to let her start the process. She already has an appraisal, underwriting has finished and she's ready to close at this local bank. I keep asking if she needed all these documents that Chase needed and she said, "No we can see that on your tax returns."

We have to wait for Chase to close the rentals since some of our cash down payment is from those closings. Chase loan officer is nice, processors are great. Underwriting and getting documentation routed in a timely manner or even at all is totally unacceptable. I will be moving my personal and my corp business account to this incredible, local bank. The amount of time I wasted dealing with Chase makes me sick. If I ran my business that way, I would not have a business.

We have been very happy with Chase. We have had chase mortgage for five years and chase visa 30 years. We have never had any problems that one phone didn't clear up or explain to our satisfaction.

I refinanced with Chase last month. I did not get the best deal I could have got. My loan officer Joe ** quit his job during the process of the refinance. It took over 3 months to get the loan done. My rate was locked for a longer term than it needed to be. That cost me thousands over the course of the term. Every single time something needed to be processed or documentation was needed I had it for them in less than 1 day. It never took me more than 24 hours to provided the paperwork. Still in between each of these submissions were weeks of dead air. At one point I wasn't even sure the loan was being done anymore. Towards the end of the 3rd month my rep was replaced by a more responsive agent with a cocky attitude named Aaron **. He does get the job done but as a former loan officer I know for a fact that he did not explain things right.

He told me he had 15 years of market experience or something like that. I bet it's really more like 3 months. I still to this day do not believe things were explained to me honestly and I never believe my best interest was being considered. Before the loan closed I contacted a manager named Sandy **. I left him a message and he called me back as the closing agent was arriving at my home. The only reason I went ahead with it was because my previous loan was so bad that even this in my opinion was the smarter deal and rates had gone up since I locked. I also have my first child arriving in 2 months so time is very sensitive for me right now. So I signed the deal even though the fees were high and I did not get the best rate I could have got. I reached out to the manager after the signing and got no response.

Days later I got a notice from my previous lenders stating I was late on my payment. I told Aaron about this and he said that it should have been funded which I found out later it was and their old computer system automated that notice. During that conversation I mentioned that I left Sandy the manager a message. Aaron said "that's not right. You should call again." I respectfully disagree. He should called me but I assume since it was funded I was all but dead to them. Bottom line is, educate yourself and make sure you have a loan officer who is punctual and is wise enough to navigate you through the process so you can get the best possible situation. Try a credit union or small bank with good rates. I got hosed at Chase.

CHASE does not offer an alert feature to remind customers that their payment is late, at least until AFTER the grace period, at which time they are happy to remind you you are late AND that you owe them a late fee. They have lots of other alert features but not the one anyone can really benefit from them, except them. Just a few lines of additional code and it could be done. It's the only financial services company I use that does not offer this courtesy. Just. Plain. Rude. (And sneaky).

I have had my second mortgage with Chase Bank for 20 years. We have paid them on time every month for that entire time. Due to a divorce we are refinancing the property. Everything was fine and a closing was set with a local bank. First, due to the merger of Bank One to JP Morgan & Chase, I had 3 liens showing up on my title work which caused an issue with the closing. My new mortgage company requested information regarding these liens from Chase on the 28th of February. They also sent a request to Chase to get a pay-off on the Tuesday the 28th of February. No big deal right? 4 days later, still no pay-off and no information regarding the multiple liens.

I called to talk to somebody about the delay on Friday March 3rd and she was fairly nice and said she would escalate it on the 3rd. She acknowledged they received the request on the 28th. She hoped I could get the payoff at the latest on the following Monday since that was the day we were to close. She did fax me a one in the same letter which helped clarify the multiple liens but was unable to get me the pay-off. I called again on Monday after my new bank said they were still not getting anywhere with Chase. For the record, my first mortgage got them my pay-off right away. So I called and talked to a customer service rep who stated it could be another 5 days from the 3rd of March since no one put in a work order until I called to inquire on the 3rd. He too acknowledged that the first request was received on the 28th.

So here we are on March 6th and my closing has been delayed until God knows when. I asked to speak to a supervisor and the gentleman I spoke to said it would take about 48 hours to get someone to call me back. I will NEVER use this bank again. How hard is it to get a payoff? Both parties I spoke to at Chase Bank stated the request to get a payoff was on the 28th. So they dropped the ball and I suffer since no one created a work order until the 3rd of March? I was to buy another home and now because I don't have my pay out from the refinance I may lose the house I wanted to buy because of their inadequacies. Beware...

Chase Mortgage Company Profile