2. Mortgages

Chase Mortgage

Chase Mortgage
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.06/5
Based on 1,506 ratings submitted in the last year

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

BOTTOM LINE

Chase has multiple types of mortgages. Use its online mortgage calculator to find out how much you qualify for and get guidance from a Chase home lending advisor.

PROS

• Work with local buying specialists
  • Available nationwide
  • Prequalify online

CONS

• May be subject to extra fees

Top Chase Mortgage Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

We tried Quicken Loans, they just ripped us off, no customer service. Chase has worked with us and made refinancing easy and painless. We met our closing agent at a restaurant near our home to complete the transaction.

I refinanced with Chase Mortgage and had no issues. They came to my house to go over the paperwork saving me a trip to the bank. Everything was explained efficiently. When there is a change to my taxes I’m notified with enough time to make a decision on what to do with the change.

How does Chase Mortgage work?

To get started with Chase’s mortgage program, visit its website and fill out the company’s prequalification application. During this process, you find out how much home you can afford and get a rough idea of your monthly mortgage payment.

Chase offers different types of mortgages, some of which have qualifying factors. These mortgages include:

• Jumbo loans
    • VA loans
    • FHA loans
    • ARM loans

Once you’re prequalified, Chase’s home lending advisors try to find the right mortgage rates and payment terms for you.

Chase Mortgage rates and fees

Chase’s mortgage rates and fees vary based on your financial qualifications and overall creditworthiness. Chase’s website has an interactive mortgage calculator that lets you input your loan amount, credit score, property type and other information to receive a rough estimate of your average monthly mortgage amount, closing costs, interest rates and annual percentage rate (APR).

Reach out to one of Chase’s home lending experts or fill out the prequalification application online to get a more accurate quote for mortgage rates and fees.

Chase Mortgage FAQ

How do I pay my Chase mortgage?
    You can set up automatic mortgage payments with Chase so that your payments are deducted monthly from your account. You can also pay by check or money order, either by phone or in person at a Chase branch.
    Does Chase do home mortgages?
    Yes, Chase does home mortgages, including jumbo loans, VA loans, FHA loans and ARM loans.
    How long does Chase take to close a mortgage?
    Chase’s website states that it closes most mortgages around 21 days after you submit your mortgage application.
    Can I pay my Chase mortgage online?
    Yes, Chase lets you set up automatic mortgage payments or one-time payment options on its website. Log into your Chase account to set up automatic payments.

Is Chase a good mortgage lender?

Chase’s mortgage loans are easy to apply for and available nationwide. With multiple mortgage types and an average closing time of 21 days, Chase Mortgage is a great option for consumers who want a flexible mortgage company with a quick turnaround.

Chase Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Mortgage?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

We have been using Chase over the years for purchase of property/homes and refinance as they have been good to us. They offer many loan types and most recently offered a program that allows us to break our mortgage payment into two installments. We pay half on the first and the other half on the 15th, which gives us significant savings over the term of the load by reducing the interest on the loan by making two payments instead of one. It's a great benefit and glad it was available to us.

Original review: March 13, 2020

We have used Chase for our mortgage for approximately the past 25+ years and still going..!!...lol. There’s not any specific complaints that come to mind. If and when we do have any questions or concerns, we call the 800 number and speak with a customer service rep who handles it. Other than that there’s not really any negative experiences that come to mind.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 6, 2020

Chase was efficient, and fairly easy to work with. I like that their receipts show the balance due each month. My biggest complaints would be the wait time, in case you need to speak with a human, and that they have too many customer service reps who don't speak English very well. When you're dealing with a lot of money, you shouldn't have to constantly repeat yourself, or ask them to repeat themselves because they're too hard to understand.

Original review: March 1, 2020

Chase acquired my mortgage when they acquired Washington Mutual. I dealt with Chase mostly online and the ease of communicating was superb. I found the resolution to any issue, which I did not have many, and the information I needed easily. I recently paid off my mortgage, but I am in the market to purchase a replacement home and would strongly consider financing with Chase again.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I used to have Chase Mortgage for many years. Customer service was very good and professional. Never had a problem with any aspect of the Mortgage. The rate was high and I refinanced with another bank. They were gracious and understood my position. I had one of their credit cards and they made good after I wrote to corporate and complained. I did receive a credit. Overall, I like the bank. But, I find they are not as competitive with rates and banking options.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I’d give this bank a zero if I could. I settled on my house on November 6th and although they say they sent a check for reimbursement on the 10th, I’ve received nothing. I’ve called 3-4 times and have received only a ‘we will see if we can fedex it’ response. I can barely understand anyone I speak with as well. Also, with respect to my Chase credit card- I asked for a 5k credit increase because I was putting in a retaining wall and needed money literally to use for the week. Even with having 810 credit and a substantial income they refused because of ‘too much credit available.’ Unreal. Not a partner in any aspect. With respect to my owed funds, I’m beginning to question their Integrity- Matt G.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

This was one of the most horrific experiences I have ever had with a loan. I understand we are in the middle of a pandemic, but it does not excuse the neglect and incompetence experienced. There was no point in messaging because the specialist would never respond. I was given a quote for an interest rate with no points and locked in that rate. Without explanation weeks later my locked-in rate changed to one with points, without any information provided on why whatsoever. Trying to get an answer was close to impossible.

My appraisal was performed by the laziest and most incompetent appraiser ever. He didn't even get out of his car to walk the property, didn't contact me to ask about the interior of the house or for interior pictures, did not ask about upgrades (there was over $200k in upgrades since buying 3 years ago), and appraised the house 300k less than two offers I had received that year when briefly on the market. Despite disputing the "appraisal" nothing was done. And I paid $600 for this "appraisal" which my toddler could have performed.

After agreeing to another rate and locking it in, points were then again added for no rhyme or reason, since all of the information was already available. Over the phone I would hear one thing, and then when getting the actual documents would see something else entirely. Maybe that is why messages and emails were almost never responded, they likely did not want to have anything in writing. It also took over 3 months for a simple refinance with someone with a credit score over 800, despite me providing absolutely everything requested within hours of the request. Someone really needs to get fired...

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

Chase advertises 21 days to closing. It did not happen at all. August 8 submitted all my documents, via email to the loan officer Ivy, uploaded and reloaded to the home loan page. All tasks were complete within 24/48 hours Income, met Credit Score exceeded 750. The underwriter requested $90,000 proof of assets over the amount provided by Chase. My loan officer told me that it was, however, this amount was never corrected.

Chase sent three emails to an Allstate insurance broker that I have never provided and did not authorize to contact. I reported this after the first email and the broker received additional two emails after The appraisal came out with plenty of mistakes including taking a lot size rather than property measures, using properties in different neighborhoods, lower quality (frame) smaller. Chase requested to review the appraisal and came out with the same mistakes. Chase requested to the same appraiser to perform a new appraisal (Chase only have one appraiser).

The new appraisal came out matching the contracted price. The loan manager Garett started to deal with me despite the endless problems at Chase end. I had to request an extension to the seller. Chase was unable to provide with a mortgage commitment letter after 45 days and having all the documents needed I feel that Chase has no idea about the mortgage and I dealt with a highly incompetent team at this Bank. On the opposite another bank has processed the same application in only 21 days (Chase 45 days).

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Poor customer service. Inconsistent policies and misinformation through the loan process. Great reputation and when we started the process was made to sound easy but our opinion quickly deteriorated and didn’t expect the process to take more than 2 months.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I gave a good faith deposit of $500 to do a refi on my house; they declined the refi due to low income (I have an S-corp which they did not take into consideration even though they asked for and I provided all of the information). I refied my house in 2011 with similar income with similar obstacles (self-employed S-Corp have extra hoops to jump through) without a problem.

Chase claimed they had a $535 drive by appraisal that would use up the $500 deposit. The appraisal had multiple incorrect bits of information, including that my house has a fence (it does not) and the pictures were easily from Google maps (which clearly show no fence); much of the other details were from when I purchased the house (ie, covered porch) and have long since been removed. The average cost of drive by appraisals in my area is between $300-500 so they overcharged on the so-called appraisal. They were responsive to my correspondence until I pointed out the fraudulent aspect of their activity. They responded to nothing after that. At $500/good faith deposit for every person they decline, that is quite a great scam Chase has going on.

Chase Mortgage Company Information