Find a Mortgages partner

Chase Mortgage

3.9/5 (897 ratings)
Find a Mortgages partner
Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

About Chase Mortgage

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

Pros

• Work with local buying specialists
  • Available nationwide
  • Prequalify online

Cons

• May be subject to extra fees

Bottom Line

Chase has multiple types of mortgages. Use its online mortgage calculator to find out how much you qualify for and get guidance from a Chase home lending advisor.

Top Chase Mortgage Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Verified

We tried Quicken Loans, they just ripped us off, no customer service. Chase has worked with us and made refinancing easy and painless. We met our closing agent at a restaurant nea...

Verified

I refinanced with Chase Mortgage and had no issues. They came to my house to go over the paperwork saving me a trip to the bank. Everything was explained efficiently. When there i...

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

How does Chase Mortgage work?

To get started with Chase’s mortgage program, visit its website and fill out the company’s prequalification application. During this process, you find out how much home you can afford and get a rough idea of your monthly mortgage payment.

Chase offers different types of mortgages, some of which have qualifying factors. These mortgages include:

• Jumbo loans
  • VA loans
  • FHA loans
  • ARM loans

Once you’re prequalified, Chase’s home lending advisors try to find the right mortgage rates and payment terms for you.

Chase Mortgage rates and fees

Chase’s mortgage rates and fees vary based on your financial qualifications and overall creditworthiness. Chase’s website has an interactive mortgage calculator that lets you input your loan amount, credit score, property type and other information to receive a rough estimate of your average monthly mortgage amount, closing costs, interest rates and annual percentage rate (APR).

Reach out to one of Chase’s home lending experts or fill out the prequalification application online to get a more accurate quote for mortgage rates and fees.

Chase Mortgage FAQ

How do I pay my Chase mortgage?
You can set up automatic mortgage payments with Chase so that your payments are deducted monthly from your account. You can also pay by check or money order, either by phone or in person at a Chase branch.
Does Chase do home mortgages?
Yes, Chase does home mortgages, including jumbo loans, VA loans, FHA loans and ARM loans.
How long does Chase take to close a mortgage?
Chase’s website states that it closes most mortgages around 21 days after you submit your mortgage application.
Can I pay my Chase mortgage online?
Yes, Chase lets you set up automatic mortgage payments or one-time payment options on its website. Log into your Chase account to set up automatic payments.

Is Chase a good mortgage lender?

Chase’s mortgage loans are easy to apply for and available nationwide. With multiple mortgage types and an average closing time of 21 days, Chase Mortgage is a great option for consumers who want a flexible mortgage company with a quick turnaround.

Chase Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Chase claims that customer satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. After working with chase about refinancing my home, I discovered that chase is 100% unsatisfaction guaranteed. The level of unprofessionalism on the part of the loan officer is unbelievable. I have complained to his supervisor and requested working with somebody else several times via e-mail, but, my complaints were totally ignored. After the loan was approved, I decided to walk away as I was very frustrated with the unethical behavior and practices of the loan officer. I do not recommend chase.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

My realtor warned me, but I went with Chase anyway...Short story is, Chase has no respect for their customer's money, time or sanity. The long story is: Lending advisors were insanely hard to get on the phone. I had to run around basically begging people to tell me what was going on. They even had 45 days to close, not the normal 30. Finally, in one of our last calls, I was told that we'd DEFINITELY be ready to close by (x) date. The close was then scheduled on an email thread where Chase was cc'd and all parties were ready to go. At 4pm the day before our closing, I find out that Chase never actually cleared us to close and that the lending advisor was no longer with the company (!!??). No one from Chase called to inform me, I had to find out by calling his voicemail and getting a redirect to someone else. This was only made worse by the fact that I had taken PTO and booked a rental car for the 5 hour drive to the close.

After the second close was scheduled, I was getting calls and emails on the drive up that Chase had not gotten some necessary title documents and STILL might not close! We didn't even know if would happen upon walking into the office that morning. I asked for some kind of credit because of the botched closing and the disappearing lending advisor fiasco, but it didn't fall under their "late closing" credit promotion because we had a few more days per the contract. Again, I only found this out after WEEKS of calling, emailing and following up. I ended up being out roughly 1000 dollars on prorated rent/bills, partner's lost wages and PTO I couldn't cancel. I had to cancel my movers and move everything myself. Total disrespect for my time. I ended up wondering if they just personally didn't like me by the end, but most reviews make it sound like that's their default attitude. Also, notice how all of the 5 star reviews seem like they were written by the same person?

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

I am a first time home buyer. While I'm not uneducated about the process, I'm definitely no expert. The few times I spoke with my lending agent she was knowledgeable and pleasant, but I mean the FEW times. I have spoken with her on the phone a total of three times, including the initial call after I submitted my application. My calls, texts and emails most often went days without a response. I actually called her manager, who was very helpful, but I would have thought her responsiveness would have improved after this. It did not.

When my closing disclosure came and had amounts on it much higher than expected, it was my real estate agent who offered to review it and discuss with me, not the bank. Chase has definitely become the "Walmart of banks". While it would be nice to have all of my payments and accounts through the same bank, I will be moving my accounts to a different bank as soon as my loan is closed. If the opportunity to refinance through a different bank comes, I will also be doing that. I most definitely do not recommend Chase mortgage, especially if you are a first time buyer.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

We started our refi on May 17 2021. This is Sept 2021 and our refi still has not closed. We were told it would take approximately 45 days. Wrong!! We have had one problem after another. We were told our appraisal would be waived. Wrong! Our home is in a Trust and because of something in our Trust the appraisal waiver would not apply but were not told what it was. We out about this a month after our Trust info was given. Our credit scores were excellent 800 range. Our home is worth at least $500,00.00 and we have been with Chase for 9 years with no overdue or late payment and are financing only 145,000.00.

It is very hard to get answers promptly or even any answers at all. They claim their computers are down or have a huge demand of clients. We have promptly given all info when requested. I sent info early on for verification of my employment and just last week they told us they could not get thru to my employer. We have an application with another lender and they will not need an appraisal and are going with them. We will not do business with Chase ever again.

Original review: July 7, 2021

I called back in May to perform a mortgage recast. The person was very nice and made me feel that all my needs were met and made the process seem super easy. The individual quoted me with my new monthly mortgage amount, when my new autopay amount would take effect, and reassured me that the terms of the loan (interest, years) would not be affected. The individual instructed me to use the online platform to make the payment toward the loan. They reassured me making a $30,000 payment toward the principal would work fine on the platform. I followed up right after the phone call with attempting to make a $30k payment toward the principal using the Chase.com.

I found out that the max daily limit was $25k, which I assumed was not a big deal and logged on the next business day to make the $5k. Then I waited 1.5 months to see when the first auto pay would be the new amount quoted after fulfilling my requirements of giving them $30k. To my surprise, the auto pay amount was the same as before. I immediately called customer service 7/6/21 to find out what happened to my money and why my payment amount wasn't changed. I was told that a form needed to be sent and signed which was not what I was originally told. Now I am guessing I will have to wait another 1.5 months for the originally agreed upon lowered payment amount to kick in. Even though I fulfilled my end of the agreement by giving them $30k. This is extremely upsetting and unacceptable, and I don't know how a mistake with that kind of money involved would be allowed to happen. Fix this problem for future consumers.

Original review: June 6, 2021

Chase managed our file extremely poorly, making many mistakes and dragging their feet for a month. We ended up closing late. Aside from the lack of customer service and false/misleading information that we received, Chase was impossible to get a hold of for a week before underwriting began and a week during underwriting. Our client care specialist was MIA during those two weeks. Despite all this, Chase never apologized for closing late and refused to honor the Closing Guarantee, which is their own program that promises a refund of $2500 if they cause customers to close late. If you are not going to take responsibility for the late closing, why have a closing guarantee program in the first place? Answer: Because Chase lies just to get customers through the door and then treats them like trash afterwards.

Original review: May 23, 2021

Chase approached me by mail to refi with them.. The rate change was not super interesting.. but it was no closing costs.. I don’t have a whole lot left.. The biggest reason I went through with it was to have my mortgage payments to be super easy within my banking app.. making bill payments more streamlined. I liked my last company.. but about a half a point and more convenient access made me switch..

The signup process was agonizingly slow.. They have an online communication thing on the website so you can ask questions and check in.. but nobody monitors it.. so you have to email angrygrams and call to get your answers. I think start-to-close about took about 60 days. More than my previous two mortgages combined. Then.. just after my second payment.. about 35 or so days later.. they sell it.. Reason number 1 was convenience of ‘all within Chase’. I won’t ‘loan’ with Chase again…. I hope the 'servicer' Freddie Mac hires doesn’t suck..

Original review: May 23, 2021

Chase messed up our finances during underwriting and we ended up closing late and paying more than we expected despite having a conditional approval and being told by the Home Loan Advisor that we were more than qualified to purchase the house we bid on. To make matters even worse, they didn't even honor their Closing Guarantee of $2500 and even tried to blame it on us for not submitting documents on time even though we submitted required documents within 12 hours of requests. They were the ones who ignored our file for 2 weeks and the specialist was impossible to get a hold of and whenever she did call it sounded like we were wasting her time.

Original review: May 15, 2021

Everything went great until we submitted our purchase contract. Chase had 30 days to close. We didn't hear from anyone for an entire week. When the Client Care Specialist finally reached out to us, she gave us false and misleading information, which meant we submitted documents that didn't end up being acceptable or weren't even needed. When documents were marked "Incomplete," the Client Care Specialist never reached out to explain what we could submit instead and never returned our calls, emails, or voicemails for an entire week when we reached out to ask how we can move our file forward with the right documents.

Chase caused us to close late, made a mistake counting our funds so they increased our loan amount by $70k beyond what they had pre-approved us for, and then miscalculated our closing date and charged us for two full days of prepaid interest when the loan had not funded yet. They refused to refund us for that charge and they did not honor their Chase Closing Guarantee program. The program is not a guarantee at all because Chase can start the underwriting process a week or more after receiving the purchase contract, cause their client to close late, and then take no responsibility for it.

Original review: May 3, 2021

Laura ** was the young woman who returned my phone call. I was denied, which I had a feeling I would be without have stellar credit. No biggie. What threw me off, was that Laura asked me if I had any questions at the end of the call. Which I did. She offered me no help or information to any of the questions I needed answers to. Just because I am not approved now, does not mean I won't be in the future. I have a very good job and my score dropped after purchasing a vehicle. Laura decided I was not a buyer and did not what to give me the time of day past that. Very rude and off-putting. Makes me not even want to use Chase bank in general if this is how they chose to treat customers who aren't "perfect".

Chase Mortgage Company Information