Chase Mortgage
1.69/5
  • 1 star
Based on 74 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a mortgage lender?

Chase Mortgage

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Jan. 14, 2018

1772 Chase Mortgage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

Chase issued two mortgages on our house in 2010 and 2017. In both instances the title on the deed was in his deceased wife's name. My husband died and I am unable to get a clear title to the house. Now I have to go through probate, and the courts are backed up from six to eight months.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

We refinanced our house thru Chase recently. It was a nightmare from the start. The closing team kept messing up our paperwork and the overall numbers we owed and what we were getting back fluctuated a lot. The mortgage specialist would tell us one thing and the closing team would tell us another. I kept catching errors in the paperwork that they had to correct. Finally they told us they had them done correctly per what we discussed and we went to closing. At closing we signed a paper saying we wanted our old escrow money returned to us and our closer said we would have it within 3 weeks - our bank information and everything were on the form we signed as well. When we didn’t get the escrow back, I checked on it and was told that the closing team made a mistake and put that money towards the loan instead.

How can this happen when we were very clear what we wanted and our mortgage specialist knew and our closing specialist knew we wanted that escrow back? We were counting on that escrow for the rest of our daughter's tuition for spring semester. Also, all the way up until closing we were told that our first payment would be due in February. At closing they told us it was due Jan. 1. When I questioned it they said it was because we didn’t close on our original date but we didn’t close on the original date because of errors by Chase that had to be corrected and no one told us that the payment date would change when the closing date changed even though both dates were in the same month. Very frustrating experience and we will NOT be using Chase for anything ever. Do not recommend them at all for mortgages or refinances after our experience.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

Chase has sent us 6 debt collection letters in 2017 even though our mortgage has never been late or in default. We recently found out that our prior homeowner's insurance provider was a bank client of JPMorgan Chase. The insurance company raised our insurance premiums every year by a significant amount but never disclosed that Chase and State Farm are in business together. State Farm would raise our insurance premiums and Chase would hold the money in our escrow. Illegal.

We recently found out that Chase is not the legal mortgagee on our property. They transferred our mortgage through MERS so the clerk of court has our first mortgage company as the legal mortgagee on our property. Chase disbursed from our escrow account on 12/1/17 to pay our property taxes through electronic payment. As of 12/17/17, our property taxes are still unpaid. They basically stole money from our escrow account. The customer service dept. said that they mailed the check which I knew was a lie because last year it took 30 days for Chase to pay our property taxes after they disbursed from our escrow. Organized Crime Operation!!!

Updated on 12/23/2017: On 12/15/17, I mailed our 4/1/18 mortgage payment of $1249.80 by certified mail to Chase. Yesterday on 12/22/17, Chase signed for the mortgage payment. This morning on 12/23/17, our mortgage account shows that the whole $1249.80 mortgage payment was applied to the principal of our mortgage even though the payment slip and check showed that it was clearly marked as a mortgage payment. Keep a copy of every document and payment you send to Chase because you will need it. Don't do business with Chase!

Updated on 01/06/2018: On 12/29/17, I mailed my May 2018 mortgage payment of $1249.80 to Chase by certified mail. Chase received the mortgage payment on 1/2/18 and applied it as a principal reduction. I contacted Chase daily to fix the misapplication. On 1/4/18, Chase did a misapplication reversal on the $1249.80 and then reapplied our May 2018 mortgage payment of $1249.80 as a principal reduction payment for a second time. Don't do business with Chase!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I contacted Chase regarding the pay off on my loan and a gentleman by the name of Kevin ** who works out of Phoenix took my call. It was by far an enjoyable conversation. Mr. ** was courteous, friendly, and very helpful in assisting me. My loan has been with CHASE for 15 years and my interaction with Kevin was icing on the cake. If I do purchase a new home I will call CHASE first for my loan. Kevin you sold me.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I’ve read the homeowners reviews and realized I am in the same boat. I am now in foreclosure... due to different selling of my mortgage notes 4 times, bankruptcies 3 times, the continued increases of payments and interest rates and then the refusal of accepting payments. I NEED HELP... CAN ANYONE DIRECT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. I have a month and a half before the sheriff's sale. Thanks in advance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I don't even know where to start, but my refinance experience with the Chase banks in South Elgin and Elgin have been a joke. Filled out the online prelim application and never received a response. Left multiple messages and emails to the South Elgin office. After two weeks of no response, I reapplied to the Elgin office and again did not receive a response. Finally after multiple attempts I got an actual human being on the phone. Well that just started the total mess of lengthy waste of time with paperwork, inaccurate appraisal, lack of response, etc. Overall went back to Guaranteed Rate and had deal done in two weeks.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

When I first bought my home in October 2005. I was under land contract with the owner for so many months. I was making my house payment every month, my insurance payment was not escrowed, and everything was on time. After a year it was financed to me through another lender. That I never missed a payment with. But when it got sold to Chase from the other lender. The price of my house went up 10,000 more and my payment went up almost 300.00 more a month. They have tried to foreclose on my house every other year since then. When it got sold to Chase I never got a letter in the mail for that action. I have reinstated my house 4 times and been under a world of stress. They tried to make me do a short sale and told me that my home was only worth 20,000 which my garage is worth that much.

They told me I had a loan modification in 2015 and had to wait until 2017 to do another one. Which was wrong and I have the paperwork to prove it. But to make a long story short my home is on a FHA loan and they know they would get their money anyway if they did ForeClose. I had to pay 3000.00 to an attorney because we was in a mediation and Chase’s attorney told me I needed one. On top of that he had no clue about the short sale and who the company was that called me out of the blue. That bank should be paying my house off with as much drama and heartache they have put me and my family through. It is ridiculous the way they get away with doing people. But I really need to know where I should turn too.

After hiring that attorney and getting a loan modification down to 650.00 a month when I only bring home 1200.00 is really crazy. But they have messed up my credit so bad with all of the late payments that I have a lot of work to do with that too. But hopefully I will keep looking for answers because they must do their loans electronically because that is not my signature or my initials on those loan documents and the people I actually purchased my house from is not on there nowhere. Sounds like fraud to me somewhere.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I have had a home loan with Chase Bank since 2003. After being lied while doing the loan. We got into financial trouble many years later. Needed help and Chase was horrible to deal with. Even to this day after getting out of trouble and keeping good with my loan with this company I still have trouble. The customer service is horrible. You can call every day of the week about the same issue and get a different response to the same question every day and not one person will see notes from the previous phone call after they tell you they will make notes. I just found out after 15 years with this bank that they do not even have the correct paperwork on my house after I tried refinancing with another company. Have tried for 3 weeks to get one piece of paper. And cannot because no one at Chase knows what to do. They only know how to lie to you to get you off phone and to get to next person.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

If you use this company to handle your mortgage, you are a FOOL and that's coming from a FOOL. How is it possible for a national bank to be rated 1 star and be listed on rip-off.com. I'm 64 years old, been a successful business owner my entire life, good assets and credit score over 800. None of that mattered, took 2 1/2 months to get a loan. It was a very humbling experience. I could tell you some of my experiences, but they sound unbelievable to me, so I won't go into them. I will say this was likely the final straw. We were promised we would close on the 15th, again after 2 1/2 months of providing documents. Some of these same documents were provided (5) times. Back to our promised closing date of the 15th, after missing the original date of the 1st. Fortunately the condo has appreciated approx 50K since we signed our contract. It expired on the 1st. The seller signed an extension for us.

I'm not sure I would have done that. He could have picked up $50 grand. The point is we could have easily lost the house, that we were renting at the time. On the 6th, we got (2) letters from Chase. The first one we opened said we were approved and moving towards closing. The second one said, they were sorry that they had to reject our loan. Get this, both letters dated the 6th, both sign by the same person. I started buying houses in 1979 to a build a rental portfolio for retirement. I've purchased 30 or more. The time it took to buy all of them added together didn't take 2 1/2 months. As we shared with our friends along the way, they assured we were not the only ones that had similar experiences.

I never felt single out, I just felt I was going crazy. To my knowledge this is the 2nd review I've ever written, but for respect of my fellow man, I had to write this one. I want to go to a consumer advocate group, but I'm too beat down. You often hear about business being "too big to fail", this business is big, but at some point they have to fail. You don't know me, but don't use this company. I don't want to throw some other companies under the bus, but no one seemed surprised. I don't drink alcohol, but I came darn close. Its was an experience I would not wish on my worst enemy. I'm going to stop here, but part of me wants to put it all out there. The approval/rejection letter from same sender, same day should tell you all you need to hear.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Was in a tough spot in a down market and was thinking we were going to default on our mortgage. We worked out a plan moving forward but they had filed the notarized agreement papers for the new terms in a different dept. Few months pass with on time mortgage payments and I get a letter stating we broke the agreement and we had to be out in 3 days. Gave those payments back & foreclosed. They did however apologize for the whole misplacing the letter thing and I'm sure my credit, my finances, my marriage, & my kids' future or lack thereof will all accept their apology for the paper.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Far too picky about condition of print quality, font sizes and other irrelevant details. Response times from mortgage loan officer a bit too long. Totally dropped the ball resulting in pursuing a loan with a different company. Mortgage loan rates not competitive.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Immediately after I bought my house, my mortgage was sold to Chase. Not only did I pay first payment but also an extra 800.00. It took 3 months to get this money applied but also still not convinced it was applied correctly. Several months of calls... I just gave up. Maybe on a vacation I will spend another 3 hrs trying to see if applied correctly.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

My experience is from several years ago. Always was treated in a professional manner without delay in response time. Paperwork was easy to understand.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Chase has been an excellent choice for us. Anytime I have had a question, I get an answer quickly. All the agents, those on the phone and also those at the bank have been available when needed. Very understanding and courteous.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I called Chase several times to request a document needed with the extreme urgency. I was promised the paper within a certain amount of time. That time went by and then some. Each time I called Chase back I got the same nonchalant answer and a different person telling the same story. The matter was never resolved. No one takes ownership of the mistakes Chase makes but they want you to be on point.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

In 2006 our mortgage company was bought out by Chase. Our mortgage payment had included taxes and homeowner's insurance. When Chase took over they never sent payments to the tax dept. nor homeowner's insurance. They also had escrow money and failed to use it to pay them. I called & was given the runaround to call their escrow, customer service & other depts. with no avail. Yet they raised my mortgage $900/month as they took out an insurance policy for themselves. My job closed & my husband went blind.

Our payments should have been paid through the insurance but since they never paid premiums we couldn't put in a claim. To no avail they would not help or give us answers & after 24 years we list our house to foreclosure. I couldn't show up at the hearing as I got bit by a brown recluse spider and they padlocked the house with our belongings in it even before the court hearing. The foreclosure papers said Wells Fargo LLC not even Chase. A class action suit was brought against them & also advised us to obtain a lawyer to sue them individually. No lawyer I called would go against the two banks. I have lost all confidence in both banks!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Chase was terrible. First thing's first, it is unfair to homeowners that mortgage companies can sell the homeowners' mortgages to another investor without their consent/knowledge. Homeowners have no input. Not right!!! The owner of the home should be told before their loan is sold to another investor. We were solicited by Chase for a refi after they bought our mortgage from Flagstar Bank. That ended in predatory lending issue (adjusted ARM). Terrible, could not do another refi. Did a modification which was a joke. Still didn't help us enough.

The economy was terrible, I had hurt myself and I had to go on SSI disability. We had to apply for a second modification with Chase. Of course our loan was sold again without our knowledge. This time THANK GOD. The customer service was terrible. They are so big no one knows what the other is doing, CSR were hard to understand many times, and a lot of times read the script and really couldn't help. You got transferred a lot. It was a HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Chase is not out for their customers. They are solely out to make a profit for themselves off of you. Read articles on their history. This will explain it all.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Chase made an error on my account. It was obvious, not real bad but they absolutely refused to look at the proof I had. I had copies of my canceled checks. The account number was written on the check and I had included the statement as you are supposed to do, always mailed back in their envelope. It took 11 months for them to conclude I was right! And they still wanted me to pay late fees! Horrible experience. Won't use them ever again.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Being an existing customer of Chase, I have received many product offer. Unfortunately, their rate is not competitive. And, their advertisement is misleading.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

My mortgage was immediately sold to Chase which I knew the company I financed with does not service loans. I happen to have already had a Chase account. NOT by choice, the local bank I'd originally opened account with years ago, got sold-at least a couple of times. I find Chase customer service - be it banking, credit cards, mortgage - to almost always be: very rude. So really had no expectations of the mortgage side being any different.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Chase is a criminal organization which is clear from regular news stories. Fraudulent slight of hand to raise monthly mortgage payments putting consumer at great risk of home loss.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Although I have great credit and substantial assets, Chase wanted more than a 20 percent down payment. I asked Chase to stop the appraisal process, but Chase refused. They took the money for the appraisal from my credit card account without my permission. I definitely would not use them again or recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I felt worse than a number - I really felt that there were no human beings in charge on the other end. The whole process was painful and humiliating. As soon as I was able I refinanced through the local credit union.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I started financing my house with Chase. The process took me 6 months every day asking me for one more paper. Finally my loan was denied. I went to another mortgage company. The process took me 1 and a half month to close the refinancial. The worse is that Chase bought the loan from this small company. How negligent are in Chase specially Mr. Israel **. I'm very sorry this company sell my loan to Chase.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Chase is the worst, took 5 years to get loan modification when should've only take few months. So in my opinion, they are the worst mortgage company around.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I have had nothing but great luck with Chase Mortgage. Unlike a few mortgage companies I've used in the past I have never been surprised by my mortgage statements as to large increases of payments.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Chase bank is corrupt. Their mortgage dept tried to foreclose on homes of active service members who were deployed overseas during the recession. They sold my mortgage to a collection company even though I was never late on a payment. I do not recommend this bank to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

They are a great company. They understand and value their customers. I had experienced much difficulty with my previous lender of another mortgage loan. As a result, my credit suffered. That experience soured me on lending companies. I worked hard to repair and to rebuild my credit. Chase was there when I was ready to buy again. They treated me like my business meant something to them. I doubt another lender would have been as generous.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

My loan officer was the one who handled all of this part for me, so it was super easy for me to handle. All I had to do was sign on the dotted line and I was a homeowner!

Chase Mortgage Company Information

www.chase.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use