Chase Mortgage
3.70/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Chase Mortgage

Chase is one of largest card issuers in the United States. A review of credit cards issued by Chase Bank shows a wide range of popular personal and small business credit cards which cardholders can use to earn earn cash back, points for travel, complete balance transfers and more.

Chase credit cards are available with or without an annual fee and come with access to mobile banking, free credit management tools, plus privacy and security features. Chase cards aren’t the easiest to get approved for, but cards like Chase Sapphire Preferred (travel rewards) and Chase Freedom Unlimited (cash back rewards) both earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points that can be combined so you earn rewards faster, making them worth considering. Several credit card offers also offer signup bonus deals as high as 60,000 points, worth up to $750 in travel plus benefits like trip protection (see Chase credit card offers for full details as terms apply).

View More View More

Looking for a mortgage lender?

1859 Chase Mortgage Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 11, 2019

They gave the best rate in the market. Their online banking is so easy for payments and the bills describes the loan in a easy way to understand. Their customer service and IVR is superb. Chase is always quick to respond to emails.

Original review: May 10, 2019

They walked us through the process step by step and were wonderful to work with. It was a refi, and they were our prior lender. They did a great job servicing our first loaned also. If we were doing another mortgage they’d be my first choice.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Chase is outstanding when it comes to helping customers navigate through tough financial times! The support I received from Jennifer ** in keeping my home 4 years ago was OUTSTANDING. She helped me navigate through a very tough financial situation with expert advice while expressing empathy and support to the ultimate degree. Recently I reached out because of a short term financial setback and Scott again responded with clear and concise explanation of what to expect going forward. Yes I understand that they consider the consequences to their company when facing foreclosures but their customer support is so completely emphatic and genuine when advising you on the best path forward. Thank you Chase for your policies and your hiring of the best customer advisors I've ever worked with.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

They explain things clearly and offer to work with you if you have an issue. Easy to look up things concerning your account. Able to manage your account online.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I have not had any issues with Chase in the four years they have had my mortgage. Their customer service is excellent in all regards. They are serious about giving good information and/or instructions whenever appropriate. I have always felt well served.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

If you are self-employed (e.g. such as you live in the LA area and are connected with the entertainment industry), save yourself two weeks of a headache, and go elsewhere for a home loan. They don't provide a checklist to guide you when you're self-employed. My husband's income was the deal breaker for our loan. He took paternity leave in 2018, and his income dipped. They wanted assurance it wouldn't do so again, and after document after document, nothing was good enough. They took their time, finally asked my husband for a profit and loss statement, which he made by totaling expenses from his Chase Business credit card, and his profits. Not good enough. We were then told to have our CPA create one. That wasn't good enough either.

We finally cancelled when it was taking more than 9 days to even get a positive response. We're now desperate and working with a local lender to not lose the home of our dreams. The new lender has already said nothing looks out of place, and assured us we have enough to qualify. This costs us, the buyers of our current house, and the sellers of our new home all precious time and money that young families can't afford to miss. I want to cry just writing this! We had to pay Chase $500 as an earnest money deposit...Now that's down the drain too. If you do decide to try Chase, do yourself a favor and also try somewhere else. DON"T pay for an appraisal until you've been approved! They were going to charge us $570 for an appraisal, which they technically own the rights to (I believe).

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

The flood insurance and mortgage departments cannot seem to work together and keep their records straight. Issues happen every year even after I asked them to put notes into my file to keep things straight. The latest... after I called over a month ago to check if everything was ok they sent me a letter saying I was underinsured. After getting misdirected, dropped calls, etc., etc. I was later told that the letter was incorrect. Another 1.5 hours of wasted time. I'm still ticked that I lost the chance to refinance (with Chase!) because of delays and confusion with their flood insurance department. Why am I paying Chase money to manage a mortgage when their service is so consistently poor year after year?

Original review: July 30, 2019

I purchased a home in CA in 2005 giving 20% down with Washington Mutual which later became Chase. I received a modification and all was well until last year. I became unemployed and struggled to make full mortgage payments. Chase advised/required me to miss (3) months of mortgage payments in order to qualify for a temp mortgage deferment and reduce my payments to $400 a month. I did that and then I lost a $5000 fed govt incentive under the HAMP program.

Unable to find employment within 6 months given, I decided to sell my home since I had equity. Well Chase is “REFUSING” to report my credit history to the 3 credit bureaus and rep tells me a deferment is a delinquency and therefore negative for my credit report. Last I checked all the years I was current would help my credit score and a deferment isn’t a delinquency because they Chase approved it temp for my unemployment situation. I’m going to seek legal ramifications if this matter isn’t resolved ASAP. I am now employed and looking to buy with Wells Fargo. ????

Original review: July 19, 2019

I have been a Chase customer since 2002. In the last 3 years they have made accounting errors in applying my checks. I have attempted 3 separate times to resolve this and despite making the required payment monthly Chase adds a late fee each time.

Original review: June 11, 2019

My house flooded during Hurricane Florence and I will never use Chase again if I can help it. There are not enough words to express how angry I am. They have the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. Recap: they made lots of mistakes with the documents I uploaded when I was trying to receive my insurance funds. I received endless verbal apologies but it took us months to actually receive our money. I spent hours on the phone with them the last few months, and it all should have been avoided. There is only one contact phone number for the whole department and you have to repeat yourself every time you call. Supervisors always told me they’d call back and never did. Their reps would tell me ‘oh, I think this is the problem’.

So I’d upload another document, wait three days, and call back. I’d then get a different answer. They ran me in circles. Meanwhile, their policy is that you don’t receive your insurance money until the job is done. This would be fine if they gave you the money when the job was completed. They even came out and inspected, said the job was completed, and I still don’t have the money (it's been 2 months). That means I had to pay my contractor out of pocket. Avoid at all costs. They have serious structuring issues in this department.

Chase Mortgage Company Information