Chase Mortgage

Compare Mortgage Companies

Research top Mortgage Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I put in a cash offer on a short sale condo in June 2014. A year and a half later (March 2016 after numerous hold-ups... i.e. new negotiator, etc.), Chase sold that property in a package to Fay Servicing. Looking back, it now appears that it was Chase's plan all along to bundle it and sell it and yet they let numerous entities (short sale company, seller's attorney, various negotiators... agents doing BPOs and on and on) think it was a legitimate sale. They wasted the time of all those people knowing full well that they (Chase) were going to bundle it and sell it to a servicing company. 7 months later the property is back on the market. They wasted everyone's time.

I have had my bank accounts and mortgage held through Chase since Washington Mutual succumbed to the mortgage and banking crisis of 2008. I refinanced my mortgage in 2012, and was treated with the utmost courtesy, the process was easy, and I got a better interest rate. So, when I decided to remodel and upgrade my home, getting a home equity line of credit should not be a problem, right? WRONG. My local loan officer was pleasant enough, but it soon became apparent that he was going to be no more use than a shoulder to cry on throughout this horrendous process.

It started out simply enough with filling out a form online with the help of the loan officer. Some personal documents were required, which I expected and thought appropriate. However, I began to get a sense that something was off when I had to inform Chase, who holds an escrow account from which my home insurance is paid, what the name of my insurance company was. It would seem that they should know this already since they are the ones paying the insurance from the escrow account. Having already started the remodel and packed away all my documents, I did not remember who held my insurance as I have never made a claim in 20 years. I had to call Chase to ASK THEM who held my homeowner's insurance so that I could call back the HELC department to TELL THEM who it was. They could not be bothered to look in their own computer and get this information themselves.

Then I had to give them my tax returns of the past 2 years to prove my income. The W-2's from the past 2 years were not good enough. As the tax returns were electronically filed, there was not a pen-and-ink signature on the form. I was forced to sign the form and resubmit the tax documents, even though I dated the signature the day I signed it, fully 2 years after the document was sent to the IRS. This makes no sense. Then came an employment verification document to prove that I was working at my job for the time I specified and that I actually had a job, my last paystub, dated a few days before this request apparently not being good enough.

Then they discovered I had another account with another bank (savings only). I had been using it to pay for the remodel as they were dragging their feet on approving this loan and because apparently I am not allowed to use my own money for what I see fit. They acted like I had withheld information from them (even though it's all there on the credit report that they had for weeks). Now, 60 days had elapsed from the first credit report obtained, so I had to get a 2nd set of reports for them (at my expense) since they had "expired". I put a credit freeze on my credit to protect myself from identity theft in the past as I have been in a cohort of millions of people whose information had potentially been compromised by Target.

I released 2 of the 3 reporting agencies but could not contact Equifax on the phone in order to have this done quickly as my PIN number was also in my documents that are packed away due to the remodel (not thinking I would need this after releasing it the first time). This was treated with a huge amount of suspicion by Chase. Not that I didn't have the PIN number but that I had put on a credit freeze in the first place. I am now wondering about the intelligence level of the persons Chase hires to work in their loan originating department. Additionally, even though I had unfrozen 2 of the 3 reporting agencies, surprise, surprise, Equifax, the one I could not release in a timely manner was the only one that they used "in my region." Why did they not tell me this before I wasted money and an hour at work releasing the other 2 credit reports?!?

But it does not end there. Then, I was told that they needed the contract I signed with the contractor performing the work on my remodel because when the appraiser took pictures, I no longer had a kitchen as the old cabinets had been taken out at the time that the appraiser came through. They needed this information in order to be able to lend me $20,000 to remodel the kitchen as the house was being used for collateral for the loan (WTF??). I only got this explanation after demanding to know why the contract was needed. By the time of this request, the new cabinets were going in so I told them they could bring the appraiser back out to take photographs of this. They would not, no explanation given.

By this time, it was apparent that Chase had no intention of granting me this loan. In case you were wondering if I am a deadbeat, I am a physician with a stable job, salary in the low 6 figures, I've lived in the same place for 20 years, have a good credit rating, and have no debt other than my mortgage. To me, it looks like they were fishing for reasons not to grant the loan. I went to a credit union right after that phone call, and a few choice words to the sleazy scumbag on the other end, and was approved for a home equity loan IN LESS THAN 1 HOUR. This, after dicking around with Chase for 2 months.

I am now in the process of pulling my mortgage from Chase and going with the credit union. My monthly payment will be several HUNDRED dollars less a month even with the same interest rate. Please everyone, LEAVE THE BIG BANKS. They are getting ready to have another financial crisis anyway. Something is up. I can tell from the other posts I have read here. There are people with even better financial standing than I who have been treated in the same deplorable manner. They are no longer willing to lend, which means that they are in some kind of trouble that we will find out about soon enough. Get out while you still can!

For 2 years I was sending the same paperwork never got an answer. I would call the 800 number. Always got the run around. Always got a recording on what we owe but, never a person to say “We are going over your paperwork.” I sent everything that was need for a modification. The only response was another envelope in the mail with the same paperwork again and again and again. What happen to the several other envelops and faxes that was sent in. Chase was the second holder and they somehow convince the first holder to let them handle everything. I have paid on my home for several years dealing with the economy and its downfall had affected us. Our first lender was willing to help us but, Chase had a plan to take the home because it's worth something to them. Chase was never interested in keeping us in our home only finding out how much is our home is worth.

Chase has lied even about serving us papers on several occasions about how they handle business with us. If there is a class action law suit on Chase Mortgage Company, I would love to be a part of it. My home has been compromise for the greed of them who work for Chase. I would not recommend this bank to no one. Please run from them. Chase has very bad business practice and the name fits. They just want to Chase you up and out of your home. I put everything I ever own in my home, raised 3 generation to have just to have Chase steal it from us. Yes they did nothing to help me keep it nothing at all. They just want to know how soon can I get out of it. I hope everyone experience with them gets to the forefront so people are protected from this company that has no heart for the home buyer. No one would ever know what it really feels like to wake up from day to day knowing your mortgage company did nothing to help you keep your investment.

I decided to refinance my home with Chase thinking it would be easier since I am a private client with personal and business accounts are with them. HUGE MISTAKE. After submitting all necessary documents with proof of good income, great credit scores, more than enough equity in the home, sufficient assets to cover the loan amount 2 times over and no outstanding debt they were still giving and extremely hard time. Nit picking and constantly requesting same documents over and over. Requesting documents that were irrelevant to this process such as old student loan payoff letters from 10 years back.

It's been 8 weeks now and they are still harassing me with complete nonsense. Never should of started with them. This is my 3rd house and I have never went through anything close to this. Extremely disappointed and aggravated with Chase. I am ready to cancel and submit all documents with another lender right after I withdraw all my assets from Chase. SO STAY AWAY. Save yourself this agonizing aggravation.

I have been struggling to keep up with all the bills plus my mortgage since having my son in April and losing my job in the beginning of June to now being only 1 payment behind so I call and talk to Tony from Collections and he was the best help there I have talked to so far... told me I'm doing a good job at bringing my mortgage current and made me realize I don't need assistance. Thanks so much.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Recently, Chase sold service rights to Carrington for one of my mortgage accounts. During this, they also transferred authorization to do auto withdrawals to make payments on the mortgage account. As Carrington Mortgage was negligent in communicating with us on this, we made a regular scheduled payment by check to Carrington. Upon reviewing our checking account activity, my wife noticed the auto withdrawal and we came to find out that Chase had transferred our personal checking account information and access to do auto withdrawals to Carrington without notice or authorization from us. We will soon be no longer doing business with Chase Bank or Mortgage.

I kept sending the SAME paperwork for 2 years to modify my mortgage rate. I guess modification meant losing my home. Thanks Chase. I just went through end stage disease.

I have had a Chase mortgage for five years. We currently have almost 50% equity in our home and wanted to remove the PMI and take out money to pay off debt. When I first called I was told it was pre-approved. I've just spent over two months being screwed by this company. The timeline of events seriously sounds like a company who was making up new rules and laws as they went over the two months. Eight weeks into the process they decided they didn't like how much I was paying for my student loans so they came back and used their own calculation and then said that our debt to income ratio was "now" too high.

We decided to pay off something else to bring the ratio in line. They then called and said that because I write off a few business expenses that they have to take that off my income and my debt to income is too high. It goes on and on and on like this. Too many instances to write about, but finally we're done and are not able to refinance with the company who we already have a loan with. SAVE YOURSELF THE HASSLE AND GO ANYWHERE BUT CHASE!!!

Horrible experience with Chase. I have been waiting since March to refinance my home. It is now December, and I still don't have a closing date set. I was originally quoted a rate of 3.25. They came back 3 months later and told me that because of Texas law, the lowest rate they can offer is now 4.5%. Since then, it has been a comedy of errors. I have been shuttled endlessly between corporate and the branch, neither of which are on the same page. If you are considering Chase as your mortgage banker, I would urge you to reconsider.

So, with an 800+ credit rating and 2 mortgages already with Chase (and NEVER a late payment), we decided to take a home equity loan to help pay for our daughter's wedding. We were told it would take less than 30 days and usually only 2 weeks. They asked for the same information at least twice and often THREE times. And, each time we sent them the requested info. Often we wouldn't hear from them for over a week.

When my husband or I would call to inquire, they would say they were just waiting for X and as soon as they had that, we could close "next week". I would tell them I sent them X the week before and they would then confirm that yes they had that and they would be in contact to close next week. Next week would come and I would call to let them know what days I was available (I often travel for work) and they would say they were waiting on Y. I would tell them I sent them Y twice before and sure enough, they would find it and tell us we should be good to close the next week. This little ritual repeated for months. Finally, my husband took money from his IRA thinking we would just replace it when the loan came through. I mean surely we'd have it in 60 days, right??

After weeks of frustration and sending information and leaving messages, we were approved to close on a Tuesday. There was a three day wait until we could have the money but our completely worthless loan officer assured us we could go to a local bank and pick up the money and get it back to the IRA in time to meet the 60 day deadline. Remember we were supposed to close in 30 days? And more than likely 2 weeks??? So, we signed the papers on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and on the following Monday, my husband called to see what bank he could go to pick up the money - because it's due back in the IRA by Wednesday.

We live in the Kansas City area - guess what? The closest bank we could pick up the funds was TULSA, OKLAHOMA. Four hours away. They couldn't / wouldn't wire the money to our account or overnight a check. We would have to be there, in person, with 2 forms of ID. OK, my husband talked to someone who arranged a meeting with someone in the Tulsa bank. He jumped in the car and drove 4 hours arriving at the bank about 4:00pm. But, guess what? The loan wasn't in the local bank's system.

So, they know he's coming, they know WHY he's coming and yet it isn't until he arrives (4 hours later) they discover they don't have the information in THEIR system? From THEIR employees?? I just hung up from him and he is still sitting in the lobby in TULSA OKLAHOMA as the employees work to try to get us our money. Hopefully, he will make it home by midnight and can get the money back into his IRA tomorrow but I've lost all faith in Chase.

This has been, without a doubt, the single most frustrating financial transaction we have ever had in 30 years of marriage. We have 2 rental properties mortgaged by Chase but I'll be shopping to refi those ASAP. This experience has been way too ridiculous to retain any sort of relationship with Chase or to ever want to do business with Chase again. Take my advice - call ANYONE but CHASE!!

What should've been a loan broker's dream and fast close turned into seven months of pain and agony. The only reason I stuck with it -- hard to break up after being with them the first three months. Surgeon asking for a 500k loan on 1 mil new construction. My FICO 820. Personal stock holdings well into seven figures. Should be quick and easy, right?

Got sucked in by Chase's low interest rates. Took SEVEN months to close. I was stuck paying the construction loan interest, so lost about $4500 in interest during their delays. My loan officer knew nothing, wasted two months, then I asked for his boss. Profuse apologies, still slow trickle of requests for information over several months, then on to her boss. STILL slow as molasses, finally closed tonight. Never again. I'm trying to save you the misery as well.. Stay away!!

Went through months of hell trying to deal with Chase. Lost paperwork, refused to let me speak with the department that was having trouble with misinformation. Finally I found the solution. Mike **. He is VP of mortgages at corporate. One phone call to his secretary and the people in mortgaging couldn't have been on my phone any faster. By the end of that day I had a closing date.

Everyone I know warned me against using Chase for a mortgage. My realtor was very worried about it. I was told their numbers were too good to be true, they wouldn't get your mortgage closed in time, or the appraisal would sink the deal. None of that was true for me. I worked with a mortgage broker named Garrett ** and he was terrific. Part of their process is that you have to get all of your paperwork electronically turned into them in a timely manner, preferably same day. I did as they asked and everything went very smoothly. A lot of the reviews I've read seem to be unjust or more of the borrowers created the problem themselves than actual Chase. If you don't want to put the time into managing your mortgage process and assuring paperwork is done on time, then by all means use a local mortgage broker that you can meet with and they will hold your hand.

I made the mistake of doing this for my first mortgage and they then sold my mortgage to a national bank and obviously made money off of me. This go round. I went to the big bank first since I knew they could give me the best deal. We actually got everything done so fast. I closed 5 days earlier than expected. The Chase broker and the representative called me every week to go over what was done or needed doing. They were extremely pleasant every time and always helpful. The online mortgage tracker is great too! It lets you see where you're at and how much more it'll take to close. And when you get to closing they send you the nicest book I've ever seen with all of your mortgage info, appraisal info, and general area info. It's really impressive. So if you are a take charge kind of person and understand electronic submission of requested paperwork then go with Chase for a mortgage and request Garrett **.

So Chase bought my mortgage from another company (MetLife Home Loans) since I had other accounts with Chase. At first I was happy to keep building my portfolio with the company, but then it became abundantly clear that they are money hungry like the rest of the banks out there. I have paid my mortgage every month on time and in full since the start of my loan 12/2010. I called as I neared my 5 year mark and asked about the requirements for my mortgage insurance to be canceled. I was told you need to pay your loan down to 90% and the loan has to be current for 5 years.

I bought my house for $85,764, so I did the math and I had to get my loan to $77,187.60. I did not pull this number out of thin air. I have calculated this and kept this as a goal for months now (almost a year). So I had already satisfied the 5 year requirement, but got my loan down to $77,034.23. I called and put in the request to cancel the mortgage insurance. They stated they would review my account and send me a letter. I rent the house out, so I did not receive this said letter, but gave it a few months. Seeing the mortgage insurance still coming out of my escrow, I called back to find out what is going on.

Now, conveniently, the requirement is 5 years and 80% of my loan. So now I have to pay it down to $69,323.04. I am sure by the time I get it down to that, it will be a new moving target. I know I did not hear wrong or misunderstand the first initial customer service rep because I have had the $77,187 amount on post it notes and on electronic reminders throughout my cellphone and computer, so I didn't just magically make up this number. I am going to get my money out of Chase as fast as possible. These guys are crooks. Why wait until we find out they are the next Wells Fargo right?

I built my family home using Chase and my veteran's benefits. After being injured on the job (police officer/detective) I was forced to retire early. In 2015 Chase foreclosed on my home and I was left homeless, not exactly where I saw myself at 49 years old, college educated and a respected law enforcement professional. Chase denied my initial requests for assistance, then subsequently denied receiving three additional applications despite the fact I sent them via facsimile from inside Chase Bank here in Oregon to Florida.

I had telephone contact with a Chase Bank Veteran's Rep, who requested yet more paperwork, which I again sent from their own bank, and never heard back from the so-called Veteran's assistance representative. It's absolutely shameful when a disabled veteran, who also is a father of three and has been disabled on the job while serving the very community he lives in loses his very residence because of corporate greed and there are no longer attorneys willing to help us out without a pile of cash up front. We just don't stand a chance.

I am 90 days from paying off my home owners loan with Chase. For 20 years I have called in my payment and have done it by phone. Tonight because there is only payments left they will no longer allow me to do this. Never in 20 years have I been late or given a bad payment. The woman on the phone said she would not do it nor would she allow anyone there to do this. I would suddenly have to mail it. At no time did Chase ever tell me this - ever - and nowhere on my paperwork does it say it. I think they owe me an apology and I think they need to explain why they would do especially after I have just been through a hurricane and without power for 3 days and still making my payment on time.

I have been dealing with Chase for a home mortgage for 11 months. 10 days before I'm suppose to close they informed me that my loan is denied because of my 2009 bankruptcy. They knew I had a bankruptcy and they said it wouldn't be a problem. All of a sudden it's a problem Now. This has got to be the worst experience I have ever had. Very unprofessional and rude. They would constantly ignore my phone calls and emails. If you want a home do not through Chase. Just run away.

DO NOT USE CHASE.COM FOR A MORTGAGE LOAN: HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE - The middle of June 2016 I started a mortgage refinance online. In the past I had did my mortgage loans the Chase bank. Never a problem & always a pleasant experience. I was totally wrong. The entire process took three & a half months and my credit was 2 days away from being negatively affected. I have never had a late payment, & here Chase tested my patience. I had most my paperwork to the loan officer within 10 hours and the few documents took 24 hours. I was in constant contact with them. The middle of August I contacted them to find out when the closing would be. They said they were almost ready for it. They figured the closing cost into the loan, which I told them from the beginning I would be paying it. It took another 15 days to refigure the numbers.

The day of closing Chase never sent the documents to the title company. Which was weird because they called me 2 days before to confirm the date and time. The closing finally took place on September 15. I was told the documents would be sent to Chase Mortgage by the 19th. On September 27 I received a call from the title company who told me Chase missed a document and I still needed to sign. That document was signed and returned within 5 minutes. It took Chase.com 13 days to get that document to the title company. In order to get the old loan paid off and start the process for the new loan with the mortgage department I had to start to file a complaint with the Executive Office, which I still have not been contacted by them.

Finally I reached a supervisor, probably the only competent person in the whole company. Imagine my surprise when she told me the old loan could have been paid off without this form because the rest were signed. The last document should not have held up the process for 13 days. She also told me the old loan will be paid off that day (September 28) because their system talked to the Mortgage dept's system. The process is finally completed thanks to that supervisor. I dealt with eleven people at Chase.com. Some ignored my phone calls altogether. None had a sense of urgency to complete the loan process within a reasonable time. I was told that process took so long because they were really busy. I know people who started their finance, new loan process, or sold a house and still had their process completed within 30 days. Absolutely no excuse.

I am so thankful I was not purchasing a new home. The home would have fell through because Chase would not have closed on it in a reasonable time frame.

Because of this process I moved all my money, except what I would need to pay my mortgage out of Chase. Although I have had a positive experience with my local bank, I am now very cautious of their service. My co-worker found the reviews on Consumer Affairs after I told her my problems. I was completely surprised by all the unsatisfactory reviews for Chase.

I do not normally post my dissatisfaction for a company, but this process went above and beyond bad customer service. I will never refinance or start a new mortgage loan with Chase. This was a very stressful process. My local bank could not help me because they are a separate entity from the department I dealt with. I felt I was on an island all alone with no one to help me. Chase.com could care less about my frustration and time to complete this process. To them I was more of a pain and they did not want to be bothered. They would complete by refinance when they were good and ready, and it could be in 6 months if they wanted to take that long.

Last fall I sold my home in Illinois. A couple of weeks before closing I called Chase and asked if the second property tax payment had been made. They said it didn't appear the taxes had been paid yet. I asked them to make a notation on the account that we were selling the property in hopes that the payment would not be made. When I called back to get the final payoff amount needed for closing they informed me the taxes had now been paid. They said I would have to wait some time before I could take steps on getting a refund. The reason for the wait was more on the end of the county not the bank. I called back a few months later. An investigation was opened and they said I should receive check within a few weeks. Again the time delay seemed to be on the county side not the bank.

I called back a couple of months later after receiving a check for $39. They said I should have received a much larger check as well. They had to open a new investigation to trace the check. Again they said I should receive the check in a few weeks. I called back a month later to find out the investigation has been closed. We started the process again. They have opened at least 5 investigations related to this and over a year later I still don't have my refund check. My advice is if at all possible find a different bank for your mortgage.

In 2015 I applied for a mortgage through Chase Mortgage. Thought this would be an easy process as the mortgage value for which I was applying was equivalent to the amount of money in other Chase liquid accounts (savings & checking). Furthermore I have never been late on a mortgage payment, have paid off all other mortgages in full. I do not and did not have a heavy debt burden. The debt to asset ratio for the monthly payment is less than ten percent. Was I wrong. Ridiculous the underwriting knit-picky questions, Delayed responses, Eight credit inquiries in thirty days (thanks for taking 100 points off my credit score), Day of close finally discover how much cash is required to close, Close took over two hours because they struggled communicating in order to fund the loan.

So I hang in there for the first year and now as I go to change homeowners insurance providers find that Chase has paid out of escrow my soon to be former insurance provider nearly three weeks before the premium is due. Requiring me to pay my new provider out of pocket while I wait for the check from the old provider. Next Chase business segments do not talk to one another. Had a name change - bank accounts reflect, but not my mortgage. The response from the Chase representative was about the higher standards of reporting that accompanies a mortgage. My response is that is utter nonsense as they use your social security number for reporting purposes. Enough with Chase.

I was everyone to know my Sister have been trying to get her Modification approval for 3 yrs. Chase Mortgage staff really did all they can to make her keep her Head up. They said we hear to help you keep your home. Now PLEASE know I'm the one who had to keep our prayer going up. First for my sister health. This had her blood pressure up. She was a nervous wreck. She was sent foreclosure letters. She talk with lawyer that want 1000's of dollars. I kept her up in prayer. I just want to let the world know that prayer helps. Keep the faith. Don’t give up on Chase. Your paperwork have to be done correctly. Has to be done correctly. You have to be patient.

Always remember there’s billion of people doing the same thing. There’s only so many at the table to give you a approval letter. If your paperwork not correct in any way you’re going to be denied. So make sure you do your apply correct. Call Chase if you’re not sure. After 3 years today Chase Mortgage has approve my sister modification. I had to make sure her paperwork was right this last time. I'm so happy for my sister. I want Chase to know we are so thankful for making it happen. Thank you Chase for keeping your word. Ya’ll truly help my sister keep her American Dream. This is real talk... After 3 years her prayer was answer. Modification approval. Amen. People don't give up on Chase. Prayer change everything. Be patient and do what they ask. It's all about your paperwork being done correctly.

Had Chase Mortgage since Wash mutual was sold to them. Never had any reason to contact them til now. I changed my homeowner insurance to a different company. I called the Chase customer service dept to change the insurance company. I thought everything went smoothly. They took all the information that was required for the change.

Two months later I got a cancellation letter from the insurance company for non-payment. I called the mortgage company to see what the problem was. What I got from them was since my loan balance was less than $5000 they no longer make the insurance payments out of my escrow. There was never any notification about this.. no letter... no email... nothing whatsoever, but they were collecting the escrow money for insurance. So now I have to come up with the additional insurance payment while they do an audit for the refund of the insurance escrow. It just shows you how little this company cares about their customers.

I was recently widowed... no life insurance due to my husband's health and I lost his $5,000 a month income when he passed. Besides being a total wreck for about a year after his death, I had to manage to pay bills that required two incomes; using only one income. I got behind one payment... I was sending a little extra to try to catch up my payment. That is when CHASE called ME and offered to assist me with a home modification loan. Of course I felt compelled to do it due to not wanting to lose my home of 15 yrs. Of course, they had NO INTENTION giving me the modification loan to permanently change my payments of $1,362 to $800.00. My history of making my payments have be great until my husband's death. Chase told me for three months I only had to pay $800.00 a month and could make it permanent after 180 days as long as I made the payments on time.

I did make them on time but after the 180 days I was swamped in paperwork that I filled out, refilled and faxed back and forth for 6 months or longer. There was no change in my payment other than when they said being told I have to pay the usual payment of $1,362 but now I am farther behind in my house payments because I had to not only pay the remainder from the original one payment behind but the difference between the $800 of $1,362 for those 180 days! Chase kept sending paperwork and I kept faxing it back to them only changing the dates because every 3 months I had to submit another request for modification because Chase never got around getting that modification permanent.

So since I couldn't catch up the difference in them helping me Chase refused three cashier checks to try to keep me from APPEARING to be 5 payments behind!!! Chase said when you are 5 payments behind, they will not accept any payment. So I have been threatened foreclosure for the past year and a half. My credit looks atrocious because it looks like I just quit paying on my home. I couldn't even get an equity loan because of Chase!!! The only blessing out of this is I was able to do a short sale so foreclosure doesn't show up on my credit, but they are vicious and still leave it as FORECLOSURE as the status. They wouldn't even accept the offer for the house which was $5,000 less than what I owed on the house. Of course that buyer said BYE... Luckily I found another person to do the short sale, so now Chase is squabbling over the HOA and weeds.

Closing has been postponed for 4 months then I get the Chase threatening letters about foreclosure and then they have the audacity to send me LOAN MODIFICATION LETTERS!!! I am telling you the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing... other than taking homes away from hard working people!!!

When desiring a loan, Chase is great at providing money. When requiring assistance, even temporarily, they give a huge runaround so that you get frustrated and stop requesting. Some "Programs" are bogus. They do not communicate with each other, yet say they work as a team. Branches are understaffed. The 1800 numbers always give you another 1800 number. The branch representatives rush you out with a 1800 number. They do not research their notes on your file before they contact you. The want you to go to their website and download documents, mind you, with no instruction, then call you a hundred times to tell you it's wrong and you will have to redo.

In addition, if you fax anything to the 1000 numbers they provide you, they always lose the paperwork requiring additional faxes. On top of all of that, prefer to argue with you and try to sway you in a different direction than what the customer actually wants. They were unethical in the housing crash and continue to be unethical with their daily dealings and "gov't regulation" jargon. They have done nothing to help me. And continue to be a thorn in my side. Unfortunately I'm responsible for the mortgage of a dead person and they've treated me like crap since day one, 5 years ago, the day I started paying my father's mortgage. No help, no empathy, no sympathy, no concern.

On my way to my house closing, I told my realtor that I didn't care who got the mortgage as long as it wasn't Chase. Chase got my mortgage from day 1 and it has been hell ever since. When I bought my home, I was a first time home buyer and I qualified for down payment assistance and I would not have to pay it back as long as I stayed in the house for 5 years. They added the down payment assistance to my mortgage and I was told that it would be removed after the five years.

After living in the house 2 years, I lost my job and I contacted them to see if we could work something out. The rep said that I could do a short sale or foreclose, I told them that I just needed a little time to find a job. I finally found a minimum wage job after 4 months of applying to over 300 jobs and struggle but manage to make the house payment each month. At the 5-year mark, I called them to remove the down payment assistance and they told me that they couldn't do it. Now an additional 4 years later (where they have raised my monthly payment at least $100 each year), they are still not helping their customers. I use another bank for my checking and savings and use BillPay to pay my monthly payment and an additional principal payment.

I get a phone call from Chase the other day, and they tell me they haven't received a payment since March. I call my other bank and they looked up the 6 transactions and give me the confirmation and trace numbers for the BillPay. Chase had requested paper checks instead of electronic transfers so my bank has been sending paper checks. None of the checks have been cashed so I called Chase back and explained what my bank said. They said they didn't receive the checks so I verified the address and it was right. I told them that $7000+ had been sent to them but not applied to my account. They told me I have until the end of the month to send them the total amount. I stopped payment on the checks so now I have to wait 3 business days to have my money sent back to my account and then I have to take time off of work which means lost income to go to Chase bank. I am so mad at them right now.

I have been with Chase Bank for my mortgage for many years. First time I purchased, it was sold to Chase Bank. A few years later, I refinanced for lower rate -- Chase bought it again. I have had the current mortgage for 4 years. Home values started to go up again and my current LTV ratio is 78% based on the fact two units have sold in my development for $310K. I called Chase to inquire the qualifiers to having PMI removed. They told me that I would need 20% value. I asked them to send me the paperwork.

When I received the paperwork, it said I needed to include a check for $450 for the appraisal. As a single mom on a fixed income, I called Chase again to inquire as to what the LTV ratio would be and I was told 20%. Because $450 is a lot of money for me, I hesitate and asked my boss what he would do (he's the CFO of our company). He said it was a no-brainer -- that it would pay for itself in 3.5 months. I sent the check in and the appraiser came out and said based on the two comps in the neighborhood, it was looking very good.

He turned around the appraisal to Chase in 3 days. I am still waiting on a reply so I called them yesterday and was informed that I was denied as the ratio is 75/25. I would never have gambled with my money as I KNOW I don't have 25% equity. I called them today and they told me that a small amount of loans do require a different amount from the 20% and that I fell into that small percentage.

I asked why I wasn't informed of this at the start. I based my decision based on the facts, and the facts were incorrect. I told them it wasn't fair that I have to absorb the cost of the appraisal since they gave me erroneous facts. They said "it is what it is." What recourse do I have? I am definitely going to file with the Attorney General's office, and the Consumer Protection/Better Business. Anyone have any recommendations?

My husband was laid off from his job January 2016. We immediately applied for JP Morgan's mortgage assistance program, to prevent foreclosure on our home. We were not behind or delinquent on our loan. The specialist we were assigned, did not participate in our correspondence in a timely fashion at all. We turned in all required documents on time, as per stated on our correspondence. Ultimately, what ended up happening was, due to JP Morgan Chase Bank not fulfilling their end of the requirements, we were sent a letter stating they cancelled our application for assistance due to us not returning required documents by their deadlines. I have written signed proof of everything we sent, through FedEx, and the dates. We did everything required of us, on time.

It took our specialist 2 weeks, to simply call us, to tell us she needed this and that, before she could proceed. We had already sent all required documents. This was an excuse. I am so disgusted with this bank. My husband has worked very hard for our modest home, and with having 4 children to care for, this is not something we should be having to deal with. DISHONESTY!!!

DO NOT USE CHASE MORTGAGE!!! They will give you good rate to attract you. But eventually they will make you a lot of trouble! In short words, what I have experienced: Not replying phone calls or emails + low appraisal value results in paying money for points (if you have a lot down payment, they will try to lower the appraisal value so that the loan amount/value ratio will be high) + 15 days closing delay!!! Do not use Chase! I actually plan to move all my money to another bank.

I secured a VA loan in early 2013. I was shortly transferred to Chase Bank. My husband and I had separated just before the loan was transferred to Chase. I needed documentation from Chase, so that I could access the account online/get statements for tax info. Subsequently, I had to place a call to Chase mortgage. When I called chase, I was able to identify myself through Name Address of the mortgaged property and SSN.

Unfortunately: the associate that answered stated that she would need the zip of my mailing address on file: which she insisted was not the zip I had already provided. Assuming my husband had a different address on file I was unaware of and being that I work in a call center myself: I was understanding. I asked her to take me through identity verification and she replied that they did not have that option in the mortgage department. I then asked her how I would get the paperwork I needed. She told me she didn't know. I asked if I could walk into a local Chase so that I could identify myself with photoID, she again "didn't know."

After that call, I thought I would never be able to access my mortgage records. I could not understand how Chase could deny me the right to access documentation about a loan in my name.

I decided to give it a try again, and when I called in, after a full 45min wait, I was greeted by a gentleman who asked me the same questions: I gave him the very same zip that I had given the first associate. Which was correct: he sent me an email with all of my statements. I found that my first call which with wait times was over an hour long was a complete waste of time. The second associate I talked to did alright: certainly not above and beyond kind of service. He was sufficient but highly scripted.

I work at a call center for a large bank, and if I would have behaved the way their associates had on the phone. I would no longer be employed there. Their wait times are ridiculous, I am not exaggerating it was a full 45min of "your call will be answered shortly" - and it's not even tax season. Chase clearly needs to train their associates more efficiently. They clearly do not care whatsoever about their customer experience. A 45min wait, just to talk to someone, is ridiculous even on a day with the highest of call volume. They obviously are understaffed: and do not care. As I have had high wait times on both calls and misinformation half of the time.

Worst bank... been in our house since 2001. Have all insurance in our name too. Went to branch today to get info on insurance that would pay it OFF PMI because husband had a stroke and in nursing home. We need a roof over my head. Payment says estate of and sent all documents when mother in law passed. They will not recognize any of them... You cannot talk to anyone that will help us. Don't know what to do next. They are the worst bank to deal with. Please... everyone read this before using Chase.

Chase Mortgage Company Profile