2. Mortgages

Chase Mortgage

Chase Mortgage
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.05/5

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

BOTTOM LINE

Chase has multiple types of mortgages. Use its online mortgage calculator to find out how much you qualify for and get guidance from a Chase home lending advisor.

PROS

• Work with local buying specialists
  • Available nationwide
  • Prequalify online

CONS

• May be subject to extra fees

Top Chase Mortgage Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

We tried Quicken Loans, they just ripped us off, no customer service. Chase has worked with us and made refinancing easy and painless. We met our closing agent at a restaurant near our home to complete the transaction.

I refinanced with Chase Mortgage and had no issues. They came to my house to go over the paperwork saving me a trip to the bank. Everything was explained efficiently. When there is a change to my taxes I’m notified with enough time to make a decision on what to do with the change.

Unsubscribe at any time.

How does Chase Mortgage work?

To get started with Chase’s mortgage program, visit its website and fill out the company’s prequalification application. During this process, you find out how much home you can afford and get a rough idea of your monthly mortgage payment.

Chase offers different types of mortgages, some of which have qualifying factors. These mortgages include:

• Jumbo loans
    • VA loans
    • FHA loans
    • ARM loans

Once you’re prequalified, Chase’s home lending advisors try to find the right mortgage rates and payment terms for you.

Chase Mortgage rates and fees

Chase’s mortgage rates and fees vary based on your financial qualifications and overall creditworthiness. Chase’s website has an interactive mortgage calculator that lets you input your loan amount, credit score, property type and other information to receive a rough estimate of your average monthly mortgage amount, closing costs, interest rates and annual percentage rate (APR).

Reach out to one of Chase’s home lending experts or fill out the prequalification application online to get a more accurate quote for mortgage rates and fees.

Chase Mortgage FAQ

How do I pay my Chase mortgage?
    You can set up automatic mortgage payments with Chase so that your payments are deducted monthly from your account. You can also pay by check or money order, either by phone or in person at a Chase branch.
    Does Chase do home mortgages?
    Yes, Chase does home mortgages, including jumbo loans, VA loans, FHA loans and ARM loans.
    How long does Chase take to close a mortgage?
    Chase’s website states that it closes most mortgages around 21 days after you submit your mortgage application.
    Can I pay my Chase mortgage online?
    Yes, Chase lets you set up automatic mortgage payments or one-time payment options on its website. Log into your Chase account to set up automatic payments.

Is Chase a good mortgage lender?

Chase’s mortgage loans are easy to apply for and available nationwide. With multiple mortgage types and an average closing time of 21 days, Chase Mortgage is a great option for consumers who want a flexible mortgage company with a quick turnaround.

Chase Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Mortgage?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

We have been using Chase over the years for purchase of property/homes and refinance as they have been good to us. They offer many loan types and most recently offered a program that allows us to break our mortgage payment into two installments. We pay half on the first and the other half on the 15th, which gives us significant savings over the term of the load by reducing the interest on the loan by making two payments instead of one. It's a great benefit and glad it was available to us.

Original review: March 13, 2020

We have used Chase for our mortgage for approximately the past 25+ years and still going..!!...lol. There’s not any specific complaints that come to mind. If and when we do have any questions or concerns, we call the 800 number and speak with a customer service rep who handles it. Other than that there’s not really any negative experiences that come to mind.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: March 6, 2020

Chase was efficient, and fairly easy to work with. I like that their receipts show the balance due each month. My biggest complaints would be the wait time, in case you need to speak with a human, and that they have too many customer service reps who don't speak English very well. When you're dealing with a lot of money, you shouldn't have to constantly repeat yourself, or ask them to repeat themselves because they're too hard to understand.

Original review: March 1, 2020

Chase acquired my mortgage when they acquired Washington Mutual. I dealt with Chase mostly online and the ease of communicating was superb. I found the resolution to any issue, which I did not have many, and the information I needed easily. I recently paid off my mortgage, but I am in the market to purchase a replacement home and would strongly consider financing with Chase again.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I used to have Chase Mortgage for many years. Customer service was very good and professional. Never had a problem with any aspect of the Mortgage. The rate was high and I refinanced with another bank. They were gracious and understood my position. I had one of their credit cards and they made good after I wrote to corporate and complained. I did receive a credit. Overall, I like the bank. But, I find they are not as competitive with rates and banking options.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Poor customer service. Inconsistent policies and misinformation through the loan process. Great reputation and when we started the process was made to sound easy but our opinion quickly deteriorated and didn’t expect the process to take more than 2 months.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I gave a good faith deposit of $500 to do a refi on my house; they declined the refi due to low income (I have an S-corp which they did not take into consideration even though they asked for and I provided all of the information). I refied my house in 2011 with similar income with similar obstacles (self-employed S-Corp have extra hoops to jump through) without a problem.

Chase claimed they had a $535 drive by appraisal that would use up the $500 deposit. The appraisal had multiple incorrect bits of information, including that my house has a fence (it does not) and the pictures were easily from Google maps (which clearly show no fence); much of the other details were from when I purchased the house (ie, covered porch) and have long since been removed. The average cost of drive by appraisals in my area is between $300-500 so they overcharged on the so-called appraisal. They were responsive to my correspondence until I pointed out the fraudulent aspect of their activity. They responded to nothing after that. At $500/good faith deposit for every person they decline, that is quite a great scam Chase has going on.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

Chase would not approve me for a loan, single female with continual score of 820+ for multiple years, years of owning homes, debt to income ratio well below the acceptable scores and 25 year of employment with the Feds. AND, they were holding the loan on the house I was selling. I got a loan with another lender very quickly, who sold the loan to Chase within a month or so after closing. I've been stuck with Chase ever since but would never seek a loan with them in the future. Customer service gives you lots of platitudes but do nothing to help.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

I haven’t had to deal with them much, but when I did it was easy. I had no trouble contacting someone and had an easy time resolving my issue. Customer service was very helpful and knew the answers to my questions.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

All application and paperwork completed by way of internet. ASSOCIATES always called back when they said!! If I needed any additional information it was always provided. Second time I've been with Chase Mortgage. Great Company.

Chase Mortgage Company Information