Chase Mortgage

Compare Mortgage Companies

Research top Mortgage Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My husband and I bank with Chase. We own a business and use Chase for our business. We decided to use Chase to purchase another home to replace our residence that we sold. We also wanted to refi two rental properties while rates are low and get some cash out. We started this process Dec. 12, 2016. Basically, their underwriting department is nonfunctional. We are business owners and we know we have to submit more documentation, but that wasn't our problem. We provided business returns, personal tax returns, rental leases right away. The purchase needed to close in January. Still not closed! Refi should be simple, right, I already own them, still not closed.

I read another review and my experience was exactly the same. I sent requested documents in the same day. List after list of documentation. Letters of explanation, followed by letters from my bookkeeper, follow by more requests for letters from my CPA. Come on! Can underwriting read a tax return they requested? We have a small, simple business.

Bottom line I finally pushed back in February and requested to close the refi of rentals ASAP. ASAP to Chase means March 27. I decided that if Chase can't get my purchase done in a timely manner, I would have time to check out some other banks. One smaller bank was so nice when we walked that we met the loan officer right them. We explained our situation. She told us she could close this purchase in March. Really, this is the end of February and we are business owners. She assured us that it can actually happen. We decided to let her start the process. She already has an appraisal, underwriting has finished and she's ready to close at this local bank. I keep asking if she needed all these documents that Chase needed and she said, "No we can see that on your tax returns."

We have to wait for Chase to close the rentals since some of our cash down payment is from those closings. Chase loan officer is nice, processors are great. Underwriting and getting documentation routed in a timely manner or even at all is totally unacceptable. I will be moving my personal and my corp business account to this incredible, local bank. The amount of time I wasted dealing with Chase makes me sick. If I ran my business that way, I would not have a business.

We have been very happy with Chase. We have had chase mortgage for five years and chase visa 30 years. We have never had any problems that one phone didn't clear up or explain to our satisfaction.

I refinanced with Chase last month. I did not get the best deal I could have got. My loan officer Joe ** quit his job during the process of the refinance. It took over 3 months to get the loan done. My rate was locked for a longer term than it needed to be. That cost me thousands over the course of the term. Every single time something needed to be processed or documentation was needed I had it for them in less than 1 day. It never took me more than 24 hours to provided the paperwork. Still in between each of these submissions were weeks of dead air. At one point I wasn't even sure the loan was being done anymore. Towards the end of the 3rd month my rep was replaced by a more responsive agent with a cocky attitude named Aaron **. He does get the job done but as a former loan officer I know for a fact that he did not explain things right.

He told me he had 15 years of market experience or something like that. I bet it's really more like 3 months. I still to this day do not believe things were explained to me honestly and I never believe my best interest was being considered. Before the loan closed I contacted a manager named Sandy **. I left him a message and he called me back as the closing agent was arriving at my home. The only reason I went ahead with it was because my previous loan was so bad that even this in my opinion was the smarter deal and rates had gone up since I locked. I also have my first child arriving in 2 months so time is very sensitive for me right now. So I signed the deal even though the fees were high and I did not get the best rate I could have got. I reached out to the manager after the signing and got no response.

Days later I got a notice from my previous lenders stating I was late on my payment. I told Aaron about this and he said that it should have been funded which I found out later it was and their old computer system automated that notice. During that conversation I mentioned that I left Sandy the manager a message. Aaron said "that's not right. You should call again." I respectfully disagree. He should called me but I assume since it was funded I was all but dead to them. Bottom line is, educate yourself and make sure you have a loan officer who is punctual and is wise enough to navigate you through the process so you can get the best possible situation. Try a credit union or small bank with good rates. I got hosed at Chase.

CHASE does not offer an alert feature to remind customers that their payment is late, at least until AFTER the grace period, at which time they are happy to remind you you are late AND that you owe them a late fee. They have lots of other alert features but not the one anyone can really benefit from them, except them. Just a few lines of additional code and it could be done. It's the only financial services company I use that does not offer this courtesy. Just. Plain. Rude. (And sneaky).

I have had my second mortgage with Chase Bank for 20 years. We have paid them on time every month for that entire time. Due to a divorce we are refinancing the property. Everything was fine and a closing was set with a local bank. First, due to the merger of Bank One to JP Morgan & Chase, I had 3 liens showing up on my title work which caused an issue with the closing. My new mortgage company requested information regarding these liens from Chase on the 28th of February. They also sent a request to Chase to get a pay-off on the Tuesday the 28th of February. No big deal right? 4 days later, still no pay-off and no information regarding the multiple liens.

I called to talk to somebody about the delay on Friday March 3rd and she was fairly nice and said she would escalate it on the 3rd. She acknowledged they received the request on the 28th. She hoped I could get the payoff at the latest on the following Monday since that was the day we were to close. She did fax me a one in the same letter which helped clarify the multiple liens but was unable to get me the pay-off. I called again on Monday after my new bank said they were still not getting anywhere with Chase. For the record, my first mortgage got them my pay-off right away. So I called and talked to a customer service rep who stated it could be another 5 days from the 3rd of March since no one put in a work order until I called to inquire on the 3rd. He too acknowledged that the first request was received on the 28th.

So here we are on March 6th and my closing has been delayed until God knows when. I asked to speak to a supervisor and the gentleman I spoke to said it would take about 48 hours to get someone to call me back. I will NEVER use this bank again. How hard is it to get a payoff? Both parties I spoke to at Chase Bank stated the request to get a payoff was on the 28th. So they dropped the ball and I suffer since no one created a work order until the 3rd of March? I was to buy another home and now because I don't have my pay out from the refinance I may lose the house I wanted to buy because of their inadequacies. Beware...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

I received a home loan from Chase bank and a few years later got divorced not know about the home process I began to ask questions A out my options from the Chase branch that I received the loan from (which is the same building as my job). After my divorce I was left the house and was told I needed to remove her name from the property. I was first told I needed a quitclaim deed which I purchased and filled out (cost 215.00). Filed the paperwork at the city on which I live and was told the property was mine only to be told by the bank that they would not accept the form. They said because it wasn't typed they couldn't accept it. So fought them because no idea type writers anymore and a year later they finally accepted it but said I still had to refinance which would cost me 7000 and a higher interest rate at the same time.

I filed for mortgage assistance and was told they could lower my payment by 12 bucks if I missed three payments in a row which would destroy my credit. I declined and went to the branch yet again to ask for my credit score from a past report ready to just get rid of the house. A new mortgage officer who was very nice heard me speaking and ask why I just didn't do an assumption me and the other Chase employee both ask what that was. As she explained I could pay 1.5% of the remaining value of the home to either add or take off a name. After years of going thru ** I was angry but agreed to give it a try so I fill out the paperwork like always in the Chase branch at my job with the broker who faxes over the info. I wait and receive two diff letters that say they haven't received my info and are closing the request.

The missing info is my SSN and yearly wages which number 1 you have to verify your SSN just to speak with someone on the phone. (2) I'm at my job in the Chase branch located in the building so not only am I incompetent but the other 2 Chase employees that faxed this over are too. Point being I closed my account and IDK care what happens to the house. Chase bank are crooks and should be ashamed.

Chase help you all the way through your mortgage paperwork. They are very friendly, knowledgeable on every aspect of a mortgage, and they work to get you every point discount off of the cost of your payment. Also, they have very courteous employees in every position of the bank, and they even know most of their customers by their first name.

I had been a credit card Customer since before Chase became Chase and never once was I have been late. I always sent my payments on time or walk in the Chase bank to make the card payments. And to my surprise I notice all this years they were charging me late payments and extra fees!! I would walk in the Chase bank and pay. Recently I went because there was a late fee on my bill and to my huge surprise! all this time they were charge me late fees... I am so mad that they have been stealing my money and my balance have not gone that much!! They have screw my credit and decided to not pay them no more!! I was so upset when the guy AT THE BANK SHOW ME ALL THE LATE FEES. THEY HAVE SCREWED MY CREDIT. SO THEY WILL NOT GET ONE MORE PENNY OFF ME!!

As a Chase Customer, I refinanced my home. After 1 yr I could not be more disappointed. This refinance is causing me nothing but headaches and regrets. They told me I had an escrow shortage and up my payments $800 a month. I refinanced to lower payments not almost double it. They transferred my call 3x and then the rude person told me there is nothing they can do. I emailed the Corporate office and received a call back, again they are not willing to do anything. They make promise so you sign. Once signed, you are screwed. Go elsewhere that is what I would say!!!

I've been a Chase Mortgage customer for over 10 years. Recently, in December I used the Chase Online system to make my mortgage payment. The system was slow and I received a message to come back later. (I did not receive a confirmation number for the payment.) Later, the same day, I made the payment and received a confirmation number. A few days later, I see my checking account is overdrawn because my account was debited 2 times for my mortgage payment, once on 12/13/16 & again on 12/19/16. Well I called Chase and then reversed the second payment, but I explained due to my being debited 2 times, I incurred $140.00 in overdraft fees from my bank. The first representative I spoke with ask for a copy of my bank statement to verify the fees, I faxed it over immediately.

I was told, however, they will not reimburse me for the fees. Later, I asked to speak to the acceleration department, managed by Jamie **. I spoke to Mr. **, who stated he would contact the online department and will review my concerns. He followed up by sending me a letter too. A few days later, he called me to say my concerns were reviewed and according to the online payment department, I was sent a confirmation number both times. Therefore, I am not being reimbursed the fees from my bank. I am so angry, I would not make 2 payments on my mortgage and secondly, the second debit came out days after the first one. Clearly, there WAS an online glitch with Chase's online system that day.

Chase has held my mortgage for many years, we did some home improvements and wanted to refinance with Chase. We were approved and all paper work sent to us and we filled it all out with all of our personal and financial information they needed. I sent it back to them using the UPS prepaid sticker they provided. According the tracking number I got from UPS the information was delivered and signed for but now Chase says they never received it and have no idea where it is. I am really pissed that there are pages and pages of personal information floating out there somewhere that no one at Chase has any idea what happened to it.

I started the refi process the end of September 2016 with a local broker and after all the analysis of the initial application it was determined that Chase was my only option (at a reasonable rate) because of a short sell I had 5 years ago. Beyond that I have never been late on a mortgage payment in over 25 years of home ownership. Chase has proceeded to analyze and reanalyze our documents coming up with never ending lists of extraneous BS that has nothing to do with our loan or our ability to repay it. It seems like every time the new list is submitted to Chase a new underwriter looks at the file and comes up with another list to address. Chase is by far the worst mortgage company I have ever seen--Why exactly did our government bail them out???

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! BREACH OF FIDUCIARY DUTY. I purchased a house in early October. Per the closing statement information provided to my original mortgage company it was not to be paid with closing if closing happened before the 15th (which it did). Then in mid-November the mortgage was sold to CHASE MORTGAGE - this is when everything went south.

After receiving a property tax statement noting a December 10th due date (already late as it was January)... I called Chase to ask what was going on? I had over $10K in my escrow account and that included 10-months of taxes... so why hadn't they paid??? Their response? "Oh we thought you paid on closing." I check all my documents... which they also have and they clearly state it IS NOT paid on closing. So I fax them a copy of the notice and request that they make payment for both the 1st and 2nd installments immediately so as not to incur additional penalties. FLASH FORWARD TWO WEEKS. I check my statements online and NO PAYMENT HAS BEEN MADE?!?!?!?

I call back to Chase who now tells me that they are still reviewing it and won't pay until they are done reviewing... REVIEWING WHAT?!? I HAVE A TAX NOTICE IN FRONT OF ME SHOWING THEY DIDN'T PAY ON TIME. I have an escrow account that clearly says it has 10+ months of est prop tax in it. I have given my approval to pay... and nothing.

I have to talk to several people at Chase. The first guy tells me he will connect me to the escrow department so I can request a waiver from the account... now tell me HOW STUPID ARE THEY??? If a payment I already requested is in-process why the hell would I close the account before it processes. To say that they have grossly mismanaged my mortgage in less than 3 months would be a HUGE UNDERSTATEMENT. It is difficult as a customer when you cannot rely on the company to uphold their fiduciary requirements to their customers. Once the payments are made I will start speaking with other bankers about getting this mortgage moved. This mortgage is the largest outstanding loan I have, so the fact that they are not properly managing it, causing me penalty fees and potentially messing up my credit is reprehensible.

I had applied for a refinance, and I submitted all the necessary paperwork. However they finally denied my paper work after 2 months, however they did not return my appraisal fees. However, when I went to another lender, I was given the loan in less than a month.

Don't blame the Loan Officer... it's their Underwriting Department. If you sit down and think about it, the person you are working with to get you a loan makes his living on a percentage of every loan he gets approved. Now it is important that the person you are working with knows if you will qualify or at least thinks you will. The problem is when you both do all the work and your loan officer submits it to Underwriting, that's where there is an incredibly different result. I believe they make their living by denying the loan applications. You never get a chance to explain anything they are troubled by.

And my question is when someone is analyzing an extensive stock portfolio, is that Underwriter really astute enough to understand what he or she is looking at? I highly doubt it because if they were that smart they would be in a far more lucrative profession like being a financial analyst. I believe the problem at Chase rests in their Underwriting so my suggestion is not to waste too much time and effort unless your Loan Officer is 100% sure you will qualify for what you need. Stick with 100% and I think you will be fine. Otherwise, you may be wasting a lot of time and effort.

Chase is either purposefully trying not to terminate my PMI on the termination date or they are incompetent. My original loan was sold to WAMU. Chase then purchased it. My paperwork shows my PMI should end on 7/1/2017. My purchase price was 175K, the appraisal was $175K. Chase insists that the loan amount $160K, not taking into consideration my down payment is the actual purchase price. I would NEVER do business with these people again. As if they are intentionally not fulfilling my original loan or as noted are incompetent, who would ever want home ownership depending on this company?

I put in a cash offer on a short sale condo in June 2014. A year and a half later (March 2016 after numerous hold-ups... i.e. new negotiator, etc.), Chase sold that property in a package to Fay Servicing. Looking back, it now appears that it was Chase's plan all along to bundle it and sell it and yet they let numerous entities (short sale company, seller's attorney, various negotiators... agents doing BPOs and on and on) think it was a legitimate sale. They wasted the time of all those people knowing full well that they (Chase) were going to bundle it and sell it to a servicing company. 7 months later the property is back on the market. They wasted everyone's time.

I have had my bank accounts and mortgage held through Chase since Washington Mutual succumbed to the mortgage and banking crisis of 2008. I refinanced my mortgage in 2012, and was treated with the utmost courtesy, the process was easy, and I got a better interest rate. So, when I decided to remodel and upgrade my home, getting a home equity line of credit should not be a problem, right? WRONG. My local loan officer was pleasant enough, but it soon became apparent that he was going to be no more use than a shoulder to cry on throughout this horrendous process.

It started out simply enough with filling out a form online with the help of the loan officer. Some personal documents were required, which I expected and thought appropriate. However, I began to get a sense that something was off when I had to inform Chase, who holds an escrow account from which my home insurance is paid, what the name of my insurance company was. It would seem that they should know this already since they are the ones paying the insurance from the escrow account. Having already started the remodel and packed away all my documents, I did not remember who held my insurance as I have never made a claim in 20 years. I had to call Chase to ASK THEM who held my homeowner's insurance so that I could call back the HELC department to TELL THEM who it was. They could not be bothered to look in their own computer and get this information themselves.

Then I had to give them my tax returns of the past 2 years to prove my income. The W-2's from the past 2 years were not good enough. As the tax returns were electronically filed, there was not a pen-and-ink signature on the form. I was forced to sign the form and resubmit the tax documents, even though I dated the signature the day I signed it, fully 2 years after the document was sent to the IRS. This makes no sense. Then came an employment verification document to prove that I was working at my job for the time I specified and that I actually had a job, my last paystub, dated a few days before this request apparently not being good enough.

Then they discovered I had another account with another bank (savings only). I had been using it to pay for the remodel as they were dragging their feet on approving this loan and because apparently I am not allowed to use my own money for what I see fit. They acted like I had withheld information from them (even though it's all there on the credit report that they had for weeks). Now, 60 days had elapsed from the first credit report obtained, so I had to get a 2nd set of reports for them (at my expense) since they had "expired". I put a credit freeze on my credit to protect myself from identity theft in the past as I have been in a cohort of millions of people whose information had potentially been compromised by Target.

I released 2 of the 3 reporting agencies but could not contact Equifax on the phone in order to have this done quickly as my PIN number was also in my documents that are packed away due to the remodel (not thinking I would need this after releasing it the first time). This was treated with a huge amount of suspicion by Chase. Not that I didn't have the PIN number but that I had put on a credit freeze in the first place. I am now wondering about the intelligence level of the persons Chase hires to work in their loan originating department. Additionally, even though I had unfrozen 2 of the 3 reporting agencies, surprise, surprise, Equifax, the one I could not release in a timely manner was the only one that they used "in my region." Why did they not tell me this before I wasted money and an hour at work releasing the other 2 credit reports?!?

But it does not end there. Then, I was told that they needed the contract I signed with the contractor performing the work on my remodel because when the appraiser took pictures, I no longer had a kitchen as the old cabinets had been taken out at the time that the appraiser came through. They needed this information in order to be able to lend me $20,000 to remodel the kitchen as the house was being used for collateral for the loan (WTF??). I only got this explanation after demanding to know why the contract was needed. By the time of this request, the new cabinets were going in so I told them they could bring the appraiser back out to take photographs of this. They would not, no explanation given.

By this time, it was apparent that Chase had no intention of granting me this loan. In case you were wondering if I am a deadbeat, I am a physician with a stable job, salary in the low 6 figures, I've lived in the same place for 20 years, have a good credit rating, and have no debt other than my mortgage. To me, it looks like they were fishing for reasons not to grant the loan. I went to a credit union right after that phone call, and a few choice words to the sleazy scumbag on the other end, and was approved for a home equity loan IN LESS THAN 1 HOUR. This, after dicking around with Chase for 2 months.

I am now in the process of pulling my mortgage from Chase and going with the credit union. My monthly payment will be several HUNDRED dollars less a month even with the same interest rate. Please everyone, LEAVE THE BIG BANKS. They are getting ready to have another financial crisis anyway. Something is up. I can tell from the other posts I have read here. There are people with even better financial standing than I who have been treated in the same deplorable manner. They are no longer willing to lend, which means that they are in some kind of trouble that we will find out about soon enough. Get out while you still can!

For 2 years I was sending the same paperwork never got an answer. I would call the 800 number. Always got the run around. Always got a recording on what we owe but, never a person to say “We are going over your paperwork.” I sent everything that was need for a modification. The only response was another envelope in the mail with the same paperwork again and again and again. What happen to the several other envelops and faxes that was sent in. Chase was the second holder and they somehow convince the first holder to let them handle everything. I have paid on my home for several years dealing with the economy and its downfall had affected us. Our first lender was willing to help us but, Chase had a plan to take the home because it's worth something to them. Chase was never interested in keeping us in our home only finding out how much is our home is worth.

Chase has lied even about serving us papers on several occasions about how they handle business with us. If there is a class action law suit on Chase Mortgage Company, I would love to be a part of it. My home has been compromise for the greed of them who work for Chase. I would not recommend this bank to no one. Please run from them. Chase has very bad business practice and the name fits. They just want to Chase you up and out of your home. I put everything I ever own in my home, raised 3 generation to have just to have Chase steal it from us. Yes they did nothing to help me keep it nothing at all. They just want to know how soon can I get out of it. I hope everyone experience with them gets to the forefront so people are protected from this company that has no heart for the home buyer. No one would ever know what it really feels like to wake up from day to day knowing your mortgage company did nothing to help you keep your investment.

I decided to refinance my home with Chase thinking it would be easier since I am a private client with personal and business accounts are with them. HUGE MISTAKE. After submitting all necessary documents with proof of good income, great credit scores, more than enough equity in the home, sufficient assets to cover the loan amount 2 times over and no outstanding debt they were still giving and extremely hard time. Nit picking and constantly requesting same documents over and over. Requesting documents that were irrelevant to this process such as old student loan payoff letters from 10 years back.

It's been 8 weeks now and they are still harassing me with complete nonsense. Never should of started with them. This is my 3rd house and I have never went through anything close to this. Extremely disappointed and aggravated with Chase. I am ready to cancel and submit all documents with another lender right after I withdraw all my assets from Chase. SO STAY AWAY. Save yourself this agonizing aggravation.

I have been struggling to keep up with all the bills plus my mortgage since having my son in April and losing my job in the beginning of June to now being only 1 payment behind so I call and talk to Tony from Collections and he was the best help there I have talked to so far... told me I'm doing a good job at bringing my mortgage current and made me realize I don't need assistance. Thanks so much.

Recently, Chase sold service rights to Carrington for one of my mortgage accounts. During this, they also transferred authorization to do auto withdrawals to make payments on the mortgage account. As Carrington Mortgage was negligent in communicating with us on this, we made a regular scheduled payment by check to Carrington. Upon reviewing our checking account activity, my wife noticed the auto withdrawal and we came to find out that Chase had transferred our personal checking account information and access to do auto withdrawals to Carrington without notice or authorization from us. We will soon be no longer doing business with Chase Bank or Mortgage.

I kept sending the SAME paperwork for 2 years to modify my mortgage rate. I guess modification meant losing my home. Thanks Chase. I just went through end stage disease.

I have had a Chase mortgage for five years. We currently have almost 50% equity in our home and wanted to remove the PMI and take out money to pay off debt. When I first called I was told it was pre-approved. I've just spent over two months being screwed by this company. The timeline of events seriously sounds like a company who was making up new rules and laws as they went over the two months. Eight weeks into the process they decided they didn't like how much I was paying for my student loans so they came back and used their own calculation and then said that our debt to income ratio was "now" too high.

We decided to pay off something else to bring the ratio in line. They then called and said that because I write off a few business expenses that they have to take that off my income and my debt to income is too high. It goes on and on and on like this. Too many instances to write about, but finally we're done and are not able to refinance with the company who we already have a loan with. SAVE YOURSELF THE HASSLE AND GO ANYWHERE BUT CHASE!!!

Horrible experience with Chase. I have been waiting since March to refinance my home. It is now December, and I still don't have a closing date set. I was originally quoted a rate of 3.25. They came back 3 months later and told me that because of Texas law, the lowest rate they can offer is now 4.5%. Since then, it has been a comedy of errors. I have been shuttled endlessly between corporate and the branch, neither of which are on the same page. If you are considering Chase as your mortgage banker, I would urge you to reconsider.

So, with an 800+ credit rating and 2 mortgages already with Chase (and NEVER a late payment), we decided to take a home equity loan to help pay for our daughter's wedding. We were told it would take less than 30 days and usually only 2 weeks. They asked for the same information at least twice and often THREE times. And, each time we sent them the requested info. Often we wouldn't hear from them for over a week.

When my husband or I would call to inquire, they would say they were just waiting for X and as soon as they had that, we could close "next week". I would tell them I sent them X the week before and they would then confirm that yes they had that and they would be in contact to close next week. Next week would come and I would call to let them know what days I was available (I often travel for work) and they would say they were waiting on Y. I would tell them I sent them Y twice before and sure enough, they would find it and tell us we should be good to close the next week. This little ritual repeated for months. Finally, my husband took money from his IRA thinking we would just replace it when the loan came through. I mean surely we'd have it in 60 days, right??

After weeks of frustration and sending information and leaving messages, we were approved to close on a Tuesday. There was a three day wait until we could have the money but our completely worthless loan officer assured us we could go to a local bank and pick up the money and get it back to the IRA in time to meet the 60 day deadline. Remember we were supposed to close in 30 days? And more than likely 2 weeks??? So, we signed the papers on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and on the following Monday, my husband called to see what bank he could go to pick up the money - because it's due back in the IRA by Wednesday.

We live in the Kansas City area - guess what? The closest bank we could pick up the funds was TULSA, OKLAHOMA. Four hours away. They couldn't / wouldn't wire the money to our account or overnight a check. We would have to be there, in person, with 2 forms of ID. OK, my husband talked to someone who arranged a meeting with someone in the Tulsa bank. He jumped in the car and drove 4 hours arriving at the bank about 4:00pm. But, guess what? The loan wasn't in the local bank's system.

So, they know he's coming, they know WHY he's coming and yet it isn't until he arrives (4 hours later) they discover they don't have the information in THEIR system? From THEIR employees?? I just hung up from him and he is still sitting in the lobby in TULSA OKLAHOMA as the employees work to try to get us our money. Hopefully, he will make it home by midnight and can get the money back into his IRA tomorrow but I've lost all faith in Chase.

This has been, without a doubt, the single most frustrating financial transaction we have ever had in 30 years of marriage. We have 2 rental properties mortgaged by Chase but I'll be shopping to refi those ASAP. This experience has been way too ridiculous to retain any sort of relationship with Chase or to ever want to do business with Chase again. Take my advice - call ANYONE but CHASE!!

What should've been a loan broker's dream and fast close turned into seven months of pain and agony. The only reason I stuck with it -- hard to break up after being with them the first three months. Surgeon asking for a 500k loan on 1 mil new construction. My FICO 820. Personal stock holdings well into seven figures. Should be quick and easy, right?

Got sucked in by Chase's low interest rates. Took SEVEN months to close. I was stuck paying the construction loan interest, so lost about $4500 in interest during their delays. My loan officer knew nothing, wasted two months, then I asked for his boss. Profuse apologies, still slow trickle of requests for information over several months, then on to her boss. STILL slow as molasses, finally closed tonight. Never again. I'm trying to save you the misery as well.. Stay away!!

Went through months of hell trying to deal with Chase. Lost paperwork, refused to let me speak with the department that was having trouble with misinformation. Finally I found the solution. Mike **. He is VP of mortgages at corporate. One phone call to his secretary and the people in mortgaging couldn't have been on my phone any faster. By the end of that day I had a closing date.

Everyone I know warned me against using Chase for a mortgage. My realtor was very worried about it. I was told their numbers were too good to be true, they wouldn't get your mortgage closed in time, or the appraisal would sink the deal. None of that was true for me. I worked with a mortgage broker named Garrett ** and he was terrific. Part of their process is that you have to get all of your paperwork electronically turned into them in a timely manner, preferably same day. I did as they asked and everything went very smoothly. A lot of the reviews I've read seem to be unjust or more of the borrowers created the problem themselves than actual Chase. If you don't want to put the time into managing your mortgage process and assuring paperwork is done on time, then by all means use a local mortgage broker that you can meet with and they will hold your hand.

I made the mistake of doing this for my first mortgage and they then sold my mortgage to a national bank and obviously made money off of me. This go round. I went to the big bank first since I knew they could give me the best deal. We actually got everything done so fast. I closed 5 days earlier than expected. The Chase broker and the representative called me every week to go over what was done or needed doing. They were extremely pleasant every time and always helpful. The online mortgage tracker is great too! It lets you see where you're at and how much more it'll take to close. And when you get to closing they send you the nicest book I've ever seen with all of your mortgage info, appraisal info, and general area info. It's really impressive. So if you are a take charge kind of person and understand electronic submission of requested paperwork then go with Chase for a mortgage and request Garrett **.

So Chase bought my mortgage from another company (MetLife Home Loans) since I had other accounts with Chase. At first I was happy to keep building my portfolio with the company, but then it became abundantly clear that they are money hungry like the rest of the banks out there. I have paid my mortgage every month on time and in full since the start of my loan 12/2010. I called as I neared my 5 year mark and asked about the requirements for my mortgage insurance to be canceled. I was told you need to pay your loan down to 90% and the loan has to be current for 5 years.

I bought my house for $85,764, so I did the math and I had to get my loan to $77,187.60. I did not pull this number out of thin air. I have calculated this and kept this as a goal for months now (almost a year). So I had already satisfied the 5 year requirement, but got my loan down to $77,034.23. I called and put in the request to cancel the mortgage insurance. They stated they would review my account and send me a letter. I rent the house out, so I did not receive this said letter, but gave it a few months. Seeing the mortgage insurance still coming out of my escrow, I called back to find out what is going on.

Now, conveniently, the requirement is 5 years and 80% of my loan. So now I have to pay it down to $69,323.04. I am sure by the time I get it down to that, it will be a new moving target. I know I did not hear wrong or misunderstand the first initial customer service rep because I have had the $77,187 amount on post it notes and on electronic reminders throughout my cellphone and computer, so I didn't just magically make up this number. I am going to get my money out of Chase as fast as possible. These guys are crooks. Why wait until we find out they are the next Wells Fargo right?

Chase Mortgage Company Profile