Call toll free
4.59/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

FreedomPlus creates a unique lending experience by providing you with a personal consultation where you can discuss your financial goals and needs with a loan consultant over the phone. Through its simple yet sophisticated application and vetting process, FreedomPlus offers a custom rate based on your job profile, payment history, and several other factors—not just your credit score. You could even qualify for exclusive rate discounts from FreedomPlus just for applying with a co-borrower, using your loan to pay off debt, or having retirement assets. Contact us today to learn more about our service or to start your application process!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

330 FreedomPlus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I agreed to all terms of the loan that I e-signed onto. But I was not given the verbal agreement with Jeff **. He wants to make it seem that I misunderstood the date the loan was to start. Not true. I was aware that the FreedomPlus loan started Dec. 16th. He assured me that the loan would finance by Fri., Nov. 2nd (my birthday). If it would have been true I would not have to make the loan payment with One Main therefore, I would have had a great birthday! Needless to say, that payment was taken out of my account and then I had late payments on other bills I would have been able to pay.

Get expert buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

My loan office Patrick, was amazing and very patient. He provided all the information I needed to make an informed decision and choose what was best for me, in my opinion he went that extra mile to accommodate me. I am very pleased with my service from FreedomPlus.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

To say there has been a lack of customer service would be an understatement. I applied for the loan on October 30th. I finally get the cash portion on Friday the 3rd. Today is Wednesday the 7th and my cards still have not been paid off. I have call Nicholas ** at least 5 time and emailed at least 5 times and no response!! I just would like some reassurance that it will be paid and when. Terrible customer service experience.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

"Sam" ** was extremely helpful and patient in helping me through the steps to get what we could to further help me on my journey to improve my credit score. Although there were obstacles because my credit score was not as desirable as most would like, I truly think that he believed I was trying to take the steps in the direction to get my credit score up, and did what he could to help me achieve that. He was extremely knowledgable about questions I had, and gave me good advice for my future credit status. I was able to complete all the information through my phone, and he even taught me things I didn't even know my smart phone could do. He spent a lot of the day on the phone with me, and answered every time I called, which I find very scarce nowadays. Very good experience! I hope he is still there when we re evaluate things in about 6 months!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

This was an awesome experience that has literally helped me with so much stress! I’m now able to consolidate my debt with one monthly payment! Nic was amazing to work with and was able to get us approved within hours! I’m so glad I called; It was definitely worth it! The process was so easy and my questions were answered!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FreedomPlus?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Was a quick and painless process that literally only took 30 minutes of my time to apply and get approval for my loan. The funds were in my account within five days of approval. I will be using FreedomPlus in the future for certain. Thanks!!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Highly recommend Freedom Plus and will suggest for anyone that's looking to consolidate. Robert ** was so easy to work with and was able to help with every question I had. He made the experience very easy and stress-free. He was very knowledgeable and understanding of my situation.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Rebekah was very well informed and very knowledgeable and extremely polite and spoke very intelligently and yet kept everything simple to understand. The whole experience was best I have ever had. I would highly recommend anyone to come to your company for help with financial issues. You don't berate people for coming to you for help. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Never had a loan take so long to process to my bank and to my creditors as with this company. Currently received payment to my checking but yet not to the accounts needed paid off, which have gained much in interest and at 8 days and counting since approved!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Sean ** has outstanding customer service. Before making this big decision he gave me options and saved me money. I would recommend him and this company to my family and friends for sure. The process was simple and not once did I feel confused about it. Thank you!!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

The loan process was great, and the service worker made sure only the accounts I show to payoff was listed or the payoff was within a certain payment, and rate I could afford... the amount of time it took to receive the loan was little longer than expected, but it was a holiday that was was between payoffs, so they was a little more time spent getting the accounts paid.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

The only question why one credit card was handled and TD bank is still outstanding. Otherwise I am very pleased with your service. Also look forward to recommend to others. Your service was extremely good and I don't know what else to say. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Good Morning, I would like to say that I really had a good experience with your company regarding a Debt Consolidation Loan. Your representative, Monica **, made me really feel at ease. She was truly a people person, I have prayed to my Lord regarding a loan and I just waited for a door to open, if it was his will for him to try. Then about 1 month pass, a door did open, I received an email and I felt within my spirit, this was ok. So I put in the information and waited. Then I received a call and it was something about the voice that made me want to return her call. She was very patient and explain everything completely and I just felt at eased. Thank you and God Bless You All.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

They give a whole Bunch of fake information. Brittney ** contacted me and gave me false information and now I can’t even get in contact with her or refuses to return any of my phone calls. All they will do give you a fake news.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Francis helped me from beginning to end with the utmost professionalism. He walked me through all the paperwork, the signing procedures and worked to get me the best terms for the money I was borrowing. I would do business with him in the future as he made me feel as though he was interested in protecting my interest as well as your company's.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

We received a quick response to our loan request and were able to get what we needed! Submitting our supporting documentation was very easy. We loved the electronic loan agreement. Overall, it was a very easy, quick and great loan experience.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Easy process. Jihan was the person who helped me with my loan and was so informative and knowledgeable. Anytime something changed, he would call with an update. He kept me in the loop the entire time and made the process go smoothly. I received my loan in about a week. Definitely recommend FreedomPlus.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Michael ** was great with whom to work. Very efficient and informative. He followed up on every step of the process from start to finish. I was really impressed. Would recommend Michael and Freedom Plus to everyone in need of a loan to pay off debts at an interest rate lower than can be had anywhere else.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

So far so good. Just trying to set up auto payment with my bank. Still waiting to see the results of the accounts have been paid off. I am trying to get this paid down at an accelerated pace. Will reserve all of my options.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I was completely impressed with the professionalism, quickness, friendliness and overall experience I had with FreedomPlus. Everything was taken care of within hours. Now I get to take advantage of my savings per month. I need to be I will use this company again and highly recommend to all my friends. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Agent was friendly, courteous, thorough. She walked us through the entire process. Interest rates are very low and helped us pay off our credit cards and savings us thousands of dollars in interest and years of payments. Within 36 months we will be debt free.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

The guy work with was a very nice guy and very helpful. He was prompt on returning my calls and made my experience easy to understand what was going on. It was a quick payout on the loan. It was overall a great experience.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Pct. (5) Star company. Rebekah very fast and accurate with all decisions and funding. True professional she is and I truly say I appreciate FreedomPlus for their assistance. I recommend all who looking for freedom out of debt. I say thank you so much to this wonderful company and also Rebekah.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

FreedomPlus approved my loan just when I needed it the most when all others failed me. Fast and easy application. I was on the verge of falling and no way of getting up financially. Adam ** assisted me on getting my loan and he was friendly and helpful. Thank you for helping me on my hardest time.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

The application process was efficient and the staff friendly and helpful. Funding occurred reasonable quick depending on what was being paid off in consolidation... but otherwise a very pleasant experience. Email and phone calls kept me updated throughout the whole process in a timely fashion.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

During our application for a Debt Consolidation loan, we worked with Steve **. We found him to be very knowledgeable, professional and a pleasure to work with. He is a valuable asset to your company. We would highly recommend FreedomPlus and Steve ** to others seeking your services.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I received a consolidation loan and the customer service that was granted to me was nothing less than spectacular. The agent that helped me personally was very knowledgeable and has answered all of my questions honestly and fairly. I fully recommend Freedom to everyone.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I dealt with Candice ** who I thought was wonderful and a huge help and very good at her job. Very sweet and kind. The only complaint I’d have is trying to contact her twice after and neither time did I get an answer.

Original review: July 18, 2018

The customer service representatives are very nice, friendly and patient. They helped us step by step, and helped us to understand what was going on with our loan. I am glad to be doing business with Freedom plus. Thank you.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Watch out people. It might be a scam. They took all my information, did a personal interview, I emailed all my documents including voided check, then I never heard from them anymore. I called and email several times to see why they are not responding to me, but no one answers me back. I am reporting them to Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Please be careful dealing with these people.

FreedomPlus expert review by Barbara Friedberg

FreedomPlus is an online lender that offers personal loans in the range of $10,000 to $35,000. Interested consumers can visit their website and fill out an application online. FreedomPlus goes beyond your credit report to help you qualify for a loan.

• How it works: FreedomPlus focuses on making their loan process simple and fast. You start out by filling out their online application and submitting it. Once you’ve submitted your application, you’ll speak with a loan consultant. Consultants looking beyond your credit report to make sure you qualify for the loan you need.

• Quick loan decisions: The time it takes to apply, speak with a consultant and have a decision is around two to three hours. Once a decision has been made, all documents are signed and uploaded the same day and your funds are available within 48 hours of approval.

• Personal loan uses: FreedomPlus offer loans from $10,000 to $35,000 to be used for a variety of reasons. Major purchases like weddings, moving expenses, car maintenance and home improvement are some of the most popular reasons people use a FreedomPlus loan. Loans can also help you pay medical bills, consolidate debt and more.

• How much does it cost?: FreedomPlus loans come with rates ranging from 4.99 - 26.99 percent. APR ranges from 4.99 - 29.99 percent. You can get a loan term from two to five years with origination fees from zero to five percent.

• Online application: FreedomPlus’ online application is fast and easy. You’re asked questions about how much money you need, how good your credit score is, where you live and what you plan on using your loan for.

• Best for: consumers needing a fast personal loan.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg