Call toll free
4.46/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

FreedomPlus creates a unique lending experience by providing you with a personal consultation where you can discuss your financial goals and needs with a loan consultant over the phone. Through its simple yet sophisticated application and vetting process, FreedomPlus offers a custom rate based on your job profile, payment history, and several other factors—not just your credit score. You could even qualify for exclusive rate discounts from FreedomPlus just for applying with a co-borrower, using your loan to pay off debt, or having retirement assets. Contact us today to learn more about our service or to start your application process!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

379 FreedomPlus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 20, 2019

I had a terrific experience. Trev ** was very communicative, helpful and expedited my request. The process in general was easy and the approval process was equally as simple. Highly recommend and will refer others as well. Please do not hesitate to contact me should there be any questions or concerns. I’m looking forward to utilizing the online balance inquiry.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Consolidation Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Very successful experience with FreedomPlus. Service was fast and very professional. Every question I had was accurately answered by the representative. I will definitively refer other people to the company. It is my understanding that Freedom Plus has a very outstanding staff that strive everyday to offer the best service ever to all customers.

Original review: March 14, 2019

My experience with FreedomPlus was just as its name says, freedom from unwanted pressure and relief that they could help me. I felt so much freedom once I spoke with the representative (Tarin). Thank you FreedomPlus, you are the best :).

Original review: March 14, 2019

The entire process was very easy and efficient. Ken was very responsive and our loan was approved the same day we applied. We received our funds in about 2 days. Customer service was very responsive when I had questions. I would recommend FreedomPlus.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Quentin was great! Very friendly and knowledgeable. The process was quick and simple. I highly recommend FreedomPlus for debt consolidation. My credit cards were paid in less than 5 business days. Again great customer service and the follow up is also great. I received emails and callels to make sure I was satisfied or if they could do anything else.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FreedomPlus?

Original review: March 10, 2019

Applying was easy, they told me what I was approved for. The only stipulation was I had to give them my credit card debt info, so they could pay off certain cards/accounts, which they did, and any leftover funds were deposited to me. All in all it was a great experience.

Original review: March 9, 2019

It was great working with Amanda. She made the whole process easy. I thank FreedomPlus for offering this type of loan and it was great that they made the payments directly. If you are looking to consolidate I highly recommend them. It was done quickly and no hassle. Awesome to deal with.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I was looking for loan options to consolidate 20k in credit card debt. Sandra ** contacted me from Freedom Plus and was able to provide a loan very quickly with a 14% apr. The process was quick, I was approved within 1 hour. All of my information was able to be emailed, which made the process very easy. Within 10 days all of my credit cards have been paid in full and I'm on my way to freedom from debt. Thank you FreedomPlus!

Original review: March 8, 2019

The service is exceptional and easy to navigate and understand. I would recommend to my friend, relative and family. I would rate this experience as 100% satisfying! I would definitely talk to a representative again because he/she is so nice and helpful and supportive.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Acquiring a loan via FreedomPlus was the most pleasant, streamlined, fast experience I have ever had with regards to financial transactions. Literally, while the page was still spinning to submit my loan request, I got a call from a lender offering to help me. That was at 1pm. By 5pm that day I had my loan approved and completely processed. Absolutely amazing.

Original review: March 6, 2019

This company is the REAL DEAL please believe! I contacted FreedomPlus on Sunday 3-3-2019, and spoke with (NIC **). It was around 5:30pm, and they close at 6:00pm. I was shocked they were even open on a Sunday, and I gave him all of my information to send it to the underwriting team. He told me the documents that, I needed to send which was my (last paycheck stub, a voided check, and a copy of my license). They also only pull 1 credit bureau to see if you are approved which is EXPERIAN. He told me he would call me in the morning to proceed with processing my loan since they were about to close. Well Nic called me around 9:30pm, and told me he received all of my documents the night before. He said I was approved for the 20,000, and the interest rate would be 16.99%.

That was really high being that my credit score is a 751 FICO score with Experian, but after he explained everything. I accepted the loan, because I'm paying it off in 3 years which will only have a little over $5,000 interest on a 20,000 loan. He told me I could've gotten a lower interest rate and more money if I had a co-signer, or was affiliated with certain companies. I still wasn't too happy about the interest rate, because it is extremely high. Nevertheless, they approved me in less than 30 minutes, and I was so happy about being approved. Now they do have a daily interest rate, and it will total your annual interest rate. So you will be able to calculate just how much you will be looking to pay back towards the principal.

I got approved on 3-4-2019, and signed all of my documents. I received a email for my (WELCOME CALL), and spoke with (TERRENCE IN ARIZONA) on 3-5-3019 who was a sweetheart! He told me that my loan was funded and it will post to my checking account direct deposit in 2-3- days. Well today is 3-6-2019, and my funds have posted early this morning which was in (24 hours)! I am beyond happy, and love the fact that my money was deposited SUPER EARLY! Now I spoke with Terrence who went over everything with me regarding my loan again. He answered all of my questions, and was so courteous, polite, professional, and down to earth! I even called back later yesterday evening, and had more questions.

I like the fact when you call their customer service number they pick up IMMEDIATELY, and are sooo nice! They also let me know if I want to take my loan off (AUTO PAY) to call them (2) days in advance to my (DUE DATE). Also, if I pay my account online it will take (3 BUSINESS DAYS) to process and post being that they are not a bank. I can also pay over the phone, and if I do it will take (2 BUSINESS DAYS) to post. So if anyone is on auto pay please know it take 2 full business days before your due date to take you off auto pay. I'm a very thorough person, and I also overthink everything lol. I always over analyze everything, and will go over the same thing a million times. So I had a trillion questions, and everyone at FreedomPlus answered me, and took great care of me. I hope one day they will implement lower interest rates which will bring them even more business!

When I pay this loan off I'll be getting another loan with them to put down on my home! YAAAYYY! Plus, this loan is going to help boost my credit score even more with me having another installment loan. So if you are looking for a loan, and have good credit with the necessary documents to send them. You will be approved asap! AGAIN! Their interest rates are high, but you can't beat getting a large loan super fast, and with different options to pay like FreedomPlus. My loan specialist Nic ** also answer the phone as soon as I call him if I ever have questions. That is a huge plus for me, and he also is very helpful and professional. EVERYONE PLEASE CHOOSE FREEDOMPLUS! I PROMISE YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED, BECAUSE THIS COMPANY DELIVERS!!! :)

Original review: March 4, 2019

Everyone was so helpful and answered every question. All staff was friendly and kept us informed every step of the way. No surprises. I would recommend this company over any other, no question about it. *************** Perfect. Great rates. Fast decisions and fast funds delivered.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Brett ** wa's my loan officer. He was courteous, knowledgeable, professional. The loan process itself was very easy and fast. The terms is a reason I give 5 stars, I think based on my credit and my partner's credit we should have got around 10 to 12% instead of 15, but considering it was unsecured money and we needed it fairly quickly not is how capitalism works and I support capitalism.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Anthony was absolutely fantastic. He led me thru the entire loan process expertly. He answered every question that I had. Everytime I thought of anything else all I had to do was call him up. I have never experienced such a fluid and easy process. Thanks a bunch Anthony!!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I decided to check into their loan offer they sent to me, pre-approved, to see if I could better the interest rate on a loan I have with another company. After speaking with them on a Friday afternoon, the rep in Phoenix told me he would call me back in 20 or so minutes, after their underwriter reviewed my credit and then he could give me the loan details they could offer, I said, "Great." I never received a phone call back, the only other communication I received was on the following Tuesday, saying, "Let's go forward, just provide one of these documents requested and the loan would automatically start," he also asked me to call him direct. I called, it went straight to voicemail, I returned his email stating that, "You have not provided me any information about the loan details." I haven't heard a word since then. My credit score is 723, so I am not a high risk of default type.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

An agent named Shelby called me as soon as I entered my information online. Mind you, he called at 6pm while I was about to sit down to dinner with my family. He asked a few questions, seemed nice enough. Until... I asked if this credit inquiry would affect my credit. He said it would be a hard inquiry and I said I would rather not do the application at this time. He hung up on me. Very unprofessional. Thank you Shelby for making my decision to decline doing business with FreedomPlus extremely easy.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

My call was handled professionally and my situation was resolved. I have joined up with your company and now I'm excited to get my debts paid. Thank you for making it possible for me. More people should take a look at the program to see how it can help them especially if they have any debt.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

The loan process, from start to finish, went very smoothly. Steven **, my loan processor, was very professional and courteous and he guided me through the entire process with ease. After completing the initial application, it took less than two days two day until my loan was funded. I would highly recommend FreedomPlus to anyone needing financial assistance.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Very easy application process with excellent customer service. Would recommend to anyone looking to consolidate debt into one easy monthly payment at a fixed rate. Nathan was very helpful through the process and quick to resolve any concerns we had about our application.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

FreedomPlus is a very efficient and professional company. It was the quickest loan process I have ever experienced. My loan was improved in a matter of hours. It was impressive. The agent (Brandon **) who handled my loan was excellent and his work was outstanding! So polite and knowledgeable. He went above and beyond to make sure I understood exactly what was happening at every step of the process. I was very satisfied with the quality of his work. I actually was blown away and it was way more than I expected. Speaking with the customer service team provided me with even more relevant information. I am very grateful and appreciative to FreedomPlus for all they did for me and would definitely use them again and would recommend their services to anyone who needs help with debt. Thank you so much!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Return of funds A lack of a 72 hour period for recession of the decision on the loan is an unfair business practice. I believe adding this measure would help drive more business. I am an extremely qualified buyer (FICO 830) and was treated with a rate of 27% APR and wasn't even close to your competitors which came in at appx 8%-10%. I'll pay off the loan in entirety within one week and find ways to write to your state senator to document the unfair business practices performed by your company along with reporting you to the BBB and other platforms alike. As disabled veteran, I also plan to encourage other disabled and non-disabled veterans to NOT use your company, ever! I'll make this a common practice on a weekly basis. It's unfortunate we couldn't come to terms over a measly $1,900. Expect to lose 100X more as a result of this decision.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Miriam ** was my loan officer. I am fortunate to have her processing my loan. She was very professional, a good communicator, and kept me informed on every step to loan approval. It is obvious to me, she is also has very experienced because she knew the answer to all of my questions.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Keith who was our contact was easy to talk to and deal with. Our loan was approved in 2 days, debts were paid off 11 days after loan approved. As long as you have the right documents, and income, the loan is approved fast.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

They dangle great deals expecting perfection which my wife and I have. However, due to a few extra credit inquiries (from buying a house and two cheaper cars recently) they declined any offer that has good interest rates and offered a joke of a rate. The employees were awesome and nice however the underwriters are morons. Steer clear - god forbid you get another credit inquiry. They treat it like you're high risk even with a 780 credit score.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Very easy process. Raymond was the best to work with! Completed process in one day. I would recommend highly to anyone needing funds quick and easy. Raymond was very helpful and made it easy and he was very enjoyable to work with.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Working in multiple fix-n-flips at the same time left us in a bit of a cash crunch. 4 phone conversations, a few questions, a couple of emails and BOOM!! I had $16,005 in the bank. The whole thing took maybe 6 days?? I don't remember exactly; what I do know is they sure came through!!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I saw a lending tree commercial on TV so I thought "hmm its worth a shot". So I filled out the info on the website and it wasn't but a few minutes before I was contacted by Freedom plus. They gave me the loan with little to no effort on my part with a great interest rate.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

We have had two loans with this company. Both times the application process was hassle free and the loan was quick to go into our account. The loan employees were friendly and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend this company and we were pretty happy with the experience.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Fast and to the point. They understand the process and how to explain all the needs for the customer and why you get charged a loan fee and that type of thing. All the loan officers were nice. Took time with each detail.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I never like getting loans but Amanda made it almost painless. She was precise and to the point. She was very professional and a pleasure to work with. The funds was in my account in 2 days after signing all the documents. Really fast. Thanks Amanda.

FreedomPlus expert review by Barbara Friedberg

FreedomPlus is an online lender that offers personal loans in the range of $10,000 to $40,000. Interested consumers can visit their website and fill out an application online. FreedomPlus goes beyond your credit report to help you qualify for a loan.

• How it works: FreedomPlus focuses on making their loan process simple and fast. You start out by filling out their online application and submitting it. Once you’ve submitted your application, you’ll speak with a loan consultant. Consultants looking beyond your credit report to make sure you qualify for the loan you need.

• Quick loan decisions: The time it takes to apply, speak with a consultant and have a decision is around two to three hours. Once a decision has been made, all documents are signed and uploaded the same day and your funds are available in as little as 3 days.

• Personal loan uses: FreedomPlus offer loans from $10,000 to $40,000 to be used for a variety of reasons. Major purchases like weddings, moving expenses, car maintenance and home improvement are some of the most popular reasons people use a FreedomPlus loan. Loans can also help you pay medical bills, consolidate debt and more.

• How much does it cost?: FreedomPlus loans come with rates ranging from 5.99 - 26.99 percent. APR ranges from 5.99 - 29.99 percent. You can get a loan term from two to five years with origination fees from zero to five percent.

• Online application: FreedomPlus’ online application is fast and easy. You’re asked questions about how much money you need, how good your credit score is, where you live and what you plan on using your loan for.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg