Call toll free
4.66/5
Based on 301 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

FreedomPlus creates a unique lending experience by providing you with a personal consultation where you can discuss your financial goals and needs with a loan consultant over the phone. Through its simple yet sophisticated application and vetting process, FreedomPlus offers a custom rate based on your job profile, payment history, and several other factors—not just your credit score. You could even qualify for exclusive rate discounts from FreedomPlus just for applying with a co-borrower, using your loan to pay off debt, or having retirement assets. Contact us today to learn more about our service or to start your application process!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

301 FreedomPlus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 28, 2018

Watch out people. It might be a scam. They took all my information, did a personal interview, I emailed all my documents including voided check, then I never heard from them anymore. I called and email several times to see why they are not responding to me, but no one answers me back. I am reporting them to Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Please be careful dealing with these people.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 27, 2018

Kelly ** was the best person I have ever worked with on anything. He showed me every step and made me feel he really cared. I would definitely recommend everyone I know who are interested in a loan to call Kelly.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Had a great experience. Would recommend this company to anyone. The loan was completed and approved the same day (I was refinancing a loan). The original loan did take about 3 days. Brittney was a great help, she kept me informed with what was going on.

Original review: June 19, 2018

My rep was super nice and I never felt pressured. Great customer service skills. He was about to leave for the day, and even though he didn’t have a status, he called to let me know he was leaving and would call me back next business day.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I will gladly use FreedomPlus Loans again. Our customer service representative, Dajuan, was a pleasure to work with! He made the process streamlined, with all paperwork completed electronically. He was informative, thorough and helpful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FreedomPlus?

Original review: June 8, 2018

Loan consultant (Robert) was very helpful and 100% accurate from start to finish. A fast turnaround from application to funding. I am looking forward to being out of debt within a shorter period of time and no longer being a subprime borrower.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I was so pleased with how efficiently my refinance loan went through. The agent was Great and was very professional. I was pleased with the knowledge and the willingness of the agent to make my refinance experience a good one. I'm happy that this experience was a positive one!

Original review: May 30, 2018

Fast, easy, clear expectations, explained flawlessly, honest assessment of my current situation... I could not be more pleased with my experience. Being vulnerable, and a bit gun shy about consolidation promises made by companies in the past, I was glad that Michael was honest with me throughout the process. He told me the truth... not just what I wanted to hear. He gave me options, and allowed me to be completely comfortable with my decision before making it. GREAT job all around. I like being rewarded for auto pay, and several other optional choices.

Original review: May 25, 2018

This was my first experience with FreedomPlus. I could not be more pleased with the professional, polished, and informative staff that I dealt with. They were absolutely on point in helping me achieve my financial goals, and they seemed just as delighted in helping me as I was in receiving their help!

Original review: May 24, 2018

I had a wonderful experience with Freedom. Erica ** was a pleasure to work with. She was professional, courteous and kept me well informed. I appreciated her willingness to answer all my questions and lead me through the loan process. Based on my experience I would gladly recommend Freedom to others.

Original review: May 22, 2018

The service was quick and easily understood. Excellent customer service from the lady handling our loan. Will recommend to others and hoping to be able to use again the future. Using the online services was also a big plus. Uploading the forms and online signature made it easier to submit and email documents needed.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I first spoke with Kisha ** about a loan of 35,000. She took down all the necessary information and called me back to say I had been approved for 29,500. This was acceptable to me. She continued to work with me through the whole process until the Loan funded. To the best of my knowledge so far FreedomPlus has completed their part in paying off my debts and sending me funds for my home improvement projects. I would highly recommend FreedomPlus. If possible I would highly recommend my friends be able to work with Kisha. What a fantastic lady she was. Answered all my questions, very friendly and helpful.

Original review: May 4, 2018

After getting several prequalified offers from different lenders. This was the one that made every thing simple. Easy to get approved. Highly recommended. They approved me with just couple days and the money got on my credit card in less than a week.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I applied for a $19,000 but was approved for $16,000 because I did NOT want to put a cosigner on the loan. I applied on a Sunday and the loan was approved on that Monday and in my account on Saturday morning when I woke up. My stats: Credit score of 715 with a bankruptcy 6 yrs ago and an annual income of $45,000 APR of 15.34%. Customer Service is great and friendly.

The only small complaint is that it takes at least 10 days for your creditors to be paid off so as instructed. Please be sure to pay your accounts as the due dates arise or you WILL be past due and receive a late fee. It took longer for them to Direct Pay my debt consolidation than it did to fund the difference to my checking account. Overall positive experience and I would use again if needed in the future and I would definitely refer to others!

Original review: April 30, 2018

Everyone was helpful and very professional. All my questions were answered in a timely manner. I appreciated the follow up conversations. The entire process was seamlessly simple. I am looking forward to being credit card debt free in record time.

Original review: April 29, 2018

The rates provided were reasonable and competitive. The loan member I spoke with was very knowledgeable and friendly. I would recommend him. He followed up promptly and provided me with several options regarding the loan. The entire experience was positive and would recommend them to friends.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Very efficient and professional individual. Really enjoyed working with Khalifah **. Process went very quickly and smoothly. He made sure that everything I needed to know and to do was well explained. The terms offered for the loan was good although from the range given I had expected a lower rate. The rate will probably make me move or pay off the loan much sooner than I would have otherwise.

Original review: April 27, 2018

My loan officer Clinton ** was pleasant to work with. He was genuine on helping us to get the best loan for us. Thank you. If I ever need to borrow money again, we won't hesitate to apply from FreedomPlus again.

Original review: April 27, 2018

My experience with FreedomPlus was a very calm procedures. Daniel ** was an exceptional leader as he was continually patient, kind, understanding and helpful. I was 6 weeks post back surgery and sometimes confused. Daniel was very patient. He was always in touch telling me where we were in the process.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Loan was approved quickly; personnel very articulate and knowledgeable; debts that were consolidated were paid off quickly; repayment process set-up very simple; rates were very competitive with other offers; prompt contact made through phone and email; would recommend to others.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I had a very positive experience with FreedomPlus. My loan application was handled swiftly and easily, and was funded within a few days. Great customer service, thanks again! I'd like to thank Casey ** for a job well done!

Original review: April 27, 2018

GREAT HELP! It was everything I needed to reduce a high interest rate loan payment down to a lower payment and reduce my DTI for a mortgage, all within a few hours! I paid these off within days and my Debt To Income Ratio was affected so positively! This loan paid off ALL CREDIT CARDS and a high interest personal loan and reduced my debt from $750/month to $189/month - AMAZING and FOR REAL!!

Original review: April 27, 2018

My experience with Freedom was very pleasing. Mr. ** was very informative, prompt, courteous and professional during the whole loan process. I will recommend this company to other individuals seeking assistance in personal in the future, thank you. I will continue to use your Company in the future if I need more assistance, thank you.

Original review: April 26, 2018

It was Very easy to communicate and send documents needed for the new loan. Thank you! The associates were very friendly and helpful as well as patient as I made a decision. I hope to lower the rate even further by paying it down. Thank you again.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Christopher was my loan consultant and he was outstanding. He explained everything in detail to me regarding my loan and called or emailed me the whole time about the process. He even educated me on a few things I didn’t know about loans. I was able to add a co-signer to my loan to give me a better interest rate, and he worked with me to get the payments where I needed them to be each month. I can’t say enough good things about Christopher. He made me feel very comfortable with deciding to get a loan with FreedomPlus.

Original review: April 25, 2018

My experience with Freedom was smooth, easy, painless, professional. My Loan Associate, Brittney was excellent. She showed concern and was helpful in trying to help me reach my goal of no debt with a monthly payment and interest rate that would not impact us financially. If the company has a work force of all Brittney's, this company is excellent.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Applied for a bill consolidation loan with this company. It took only minutes to receive an answer. The loan officer was very courteous and polite. She explained everything I asked about in a knowledgeable and professional manner. I am very pleased with my decision.

Original review: April 24, 2018

On behalf of my family, we would like to thank you for having such a flexible, understanding and accessible loan program. Your mission of assistance was satisfactorily executed by your Loan Consultant, Dana **. Dana was wonderful taking such great care of our application. She provided a genuine, professional, knowledgeable, warm, understanding, patient and caring service and she definitely fulfilled her employment requirements with excellence. What made her service special, however, was the soothing, unconditional, well-mannered interaction she displayed which is an innate humanitarian gift few people possess in this world. Wholeheartedly thankful, Satisfied Clients.

Original review: April 23, 2018

The loan process is easy and my consultant was courteous and always quick to answer my calls and emails. They paid my credit cards directly and I even got to pick my due date. I put myself back on a budget and knowing I don't have mountains of credit cards to pay anymore make a difference.

Original review: April 23, 2018

We had been to a few brick and mortar banks with collateral trying to get this loan with no success, but a lot of runaround. We also tried some other online lending institutions. FreedomPlus called and walked us through the whole process and approved us same day. They brought things up like co-applicants to lower our interest rate, which is less than half of some of the other places we talked to. We are very pleased and no longer have any credit card debt.

FreedomPlus expert review by Barbara Friedberg

FreedomPlus is an online lender that offers personal loans in the range of $10,000 to $35,000. Interested consumers can visit their website and fill out an application online. FreedomPlus goes beyond your credit report to help you qualify for a loan.

• How it works: FreedomPlus focuses on making their loan process simple and fast. You start out by filling out their online application and submitting it. Once you’ve submitted your application, you’ll speak with a loan consultant. Consultants looking beyond your credit report to make sure you qualify for the loan you need.

• Quick loan decisions: The time it takes to apply, speak with a consultant and have a decision is around two to three hours. Once a decision has been made, all documents are signed and uploaded the same day and your funds are available within 48 hours of approval.

• Personal loan uses: FreedomPlus offer loans from $10,000 to $35,000 to be used for a variety of reasons. Major purchases like weddings, moving expenses, car maintenance and home improvement are some of the most popular reasons people use a FreedomPlus loan. Loans can also help you pay medical bills, consolidate debt and more.

• How much does it cost?: FreedomPlus loans come with rates ranging from 4.99 - 26.99 percent. APR ranges from 4.99 - 29.99 percent. You can get a loan term from two to five years with origination fees from zero to five percent.

• Online application: FreedomPlus’ online application is fast and easy. You’re asked questions about how much money you need, how good your credit score is, where you live and what you plan on using your loan for.

• Best for: consumers needing a fast personal loan.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg