Call toll free
4.67/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

FreedomPlus creates a unique lending experience by providing you with a personal consultation where you can discuss your financial goals and needs with a loan consultant over the phone. Through its simple yet sophisticated application and vetting process, FreedomPlus offers a custom rate based on your job profile, payment history, and several other factors—not just your credit score. You could even qualify for exclusive rate discounts from FreedomPlus just for applying with a co-borrower, using your loan to pay off debt, or having retirement assets. Contact us today to learn more about our service or to start your application process!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

315 FreedomPlus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

We received a quick response to our loan request and were able to get what we needed! Submitting our supporting documentation was very easy. We loved the electronic loan agreement. Overall, it was a very easy, quick and great loan experience.

Get expert buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Easy process. Jihan was the person who helped me with my loan and was so informative and knowledgeable. Anytime something changed, he would call with an update. He kept me in the loop the entire time and made the process go smoothly. I received my loan in about a week. Definitely recommend FreedomPlus.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Michael ** was great with whom to work. Very efficient and informative. He followed up on every step of the process from start to finish. I was really impressed. Would recommend Michael and Freedom Plus to everyone in need of a loan to pay off debts at an interest rate lower than can be had anywhere else.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

So far so good. Just trying to set up auto payment with my bank. Still waiting to see the results of the accounts have been paid off. I am trying to get this paid down at an accelerated pace. Will reserve all of my options.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I was completely impressed with the professionalism, quickness, friendliness and overall experience I had with FreedomPlus. Everything was taken care of within hours. Now I get to take advantage of my savings per month. I need to be I will use this company again and highly recommend to all my friends. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FreedomPlus?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Agent was friendly, courteous, thorough. She walked us through the entire process. Interest rates are very low and helped us pay off our credit cards and savings us thousands of dollars in interest and years of payments. Within 36 months we will be debt free.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

The guy work with was a very nice guy and very helpful. He was prompt on returning my calls and made my experience easy to understand what was going on. It was a quick payout on the loan. It was overall a great experience.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Pct. (5) Star company. Rebekah very fast and accurate with all decisions and funding. True professional she is and I truly say I appreciate FreedomPlus for their assistance. I recommend all who looking for freedom out of debt. I say thank you so much to this wonderful company and also Rebekah.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

FreedomPlus approved my loan just when I needed it the most when all others failed me. Fast and easy application. I was on the verge of falling and no way of getting up financially. Adam ** assisted me on getting my loan and he was friendly and helpful. Thank you for helping me on my hardest time.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

The application process was efficient and the staff friendly and helpful. Funding occurred reasonable quick depending on what was being paid off in consolidation... but otherwise a very pleasant experience. Email and phone calls kept me updated throughout the whole process in a timely fashion.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

During our application for a Debt Consolidation loan, we worked with Steve **. We found him to be very knowledgeable, professional and a pleasure to work with. He is a valuable asset to your company. We would highly recommend FreedomPlus and Steve ** to others seeking your services.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I received a consolidation loan and the customer service that was granted to me was nothing less than spectacular. The agent that helped me personally was very knowledgeable and has answered all of my questions honestly and fairly. I fully recommend Freedom to everyone.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I dealt with Candice ** who I thought was wonderful and a huge help and very good at her job. Very sweet and kind. The only complaint I’d have is trying to contact her twice after and neither time did I get an answer.

Original review: July 18, 2018

The customer service representatives are very nice, friendly and patient. They helped us step by step, and helped us to understand what was going on with our loan. I am glad to be doing business with Freedom plus. Thank you.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Watch out people. It might be a scam. They took all my information, did a personal interview, I emailed all my documents including voided check, then I never heard from them anymore. I called and email several times to see why they are not responding to me, but no one answers me back. I am reporting them to Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Please be careful dealing with these people.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Kelly ** was the best person I have ever worked with on anything. He showed me every step and made me feel he really cared. I would definitely recommend everyone I know who are interested in a loan to call Kelly.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Had a great experience. Would recommend this company to anyone. The loan was completed and approved the same day (I was refinancing a loan). The original loan did take about 3 days. Brittney was a great help, she kept me informed with what was going on.

Original review: June 19, 2018

My rep was super nice and I never felt pressured. Great customer service skills. He was about to leave for the day, and even though he didn’t have a status, he called to let me know he was leaving and would call me back next business day.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I will gladly use FreedomPlus Loans again. Our customer service representative, Dajuan, was a pleasure to work with! He made the process streamlined, with all paperwork completed electronically. He was informative, thorough and helpful.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Loan consultant (Robert) was very helpful and 100% accurate from start to finish. A fast turnaround from application to funding. I am looking forward to being out of debt within a shorter period of time and no longer being a subprime borrower.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I was so pleased with how efficiently my refinance loan went through. The agent was Great and was very professional. I was pleased with the knowledge and the willingness of the agent to make my refinance experience a good one. I'm happy that this experience was a positive one!

Original review: May 30, 2018

Fast, easy, clear expectations, explained flawlessly, honest assessment of my current situation... I could not be more pleased with my experience. Being vulnerable, and a bit gun shy about consolidation promises made by companies in the past, I was glad that Michael was honest with me throughout the process. He told me the truth... not just what I wanted to hear. He gave me options, and allowed me to be completely comfortable with my decision before making it. GREAT job all around. I like being rewarded for auto pay, and several other optional choices.

Original review: May 25, 2018

This was my first experience with FreedomPlus. I could not be more pleased with the professional, polished, and informative staff that I dealt with. They were absolutely on point in helping me achieve my financial goals, and they seemed just as delighted in helping me as I was in receiving their help!

Original review: May 24, 2018

I had a wonderful experience with Freedom. Erica ** was a pleasure to work with. She was professional, courteous and kept me well informed. I appreciated her willingness to answer all my questions and lead me through the loan process. Based on my experience I would gladly recommend Freedom to others.

Original review: May 22, 2018

The service was quick and easily understood. Excellent customer service from the lady handling our loan. Will recommend to others and hoping to be able to use again the future. Using the online services was also a big plus. Uploading the forms and online signature made it easier to submit and email documents needed.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I first spoke with Kisha ** about a loan of 35,000. She took down all the necessary information and called me back to say I had been approved for 29,500. This was acceptable to me. She continued to work with me through the whole process until the Loan funded. To the best of my knowledge so far FreedomPlus has completed their part in paying off my debts and sending me funds for my home improvement projects. I would highly recommend FreedomPlus. If possible I would highly recommend my friends be able to work with Kisha. What a fantastic lady she was. Answered all my questions, very friendly and helpful.

Original review: May 4, 2018

After getting several prequalified offers from different lenders. This was the one that made every thing simple. Easy to get approved. Highly recommended. They approved me with just couple days and the money got on my credit card in less than a week.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I applied for a $19,000 but was approved for $16,000 because I did NOT want to put a cosigner on the loan. I applied on a Sunday and the loan was approved on that Monday and in my account on Saturday morning when I woke up. My stats: Credit score of 715 with a bankruptcy 6 yrs ago and an annual income of $45,000 APR of 15.34%. Customer Service is great and friendly.

The only small complaint is that it takes at least 10 days for your creditors to be paid off so as instructed. Please be sure to pay your accounts as the due dates arise or you WILL be past due and receive a late fee. It took longer for them to Direct Pay my debt consolidation than it did to fund the difference to my checking account. Overall positive experience and I would use again if needed in the future and I would definitely refer to others!

Original review: April 30, 2018

Everyone was helpful and very professional. All my questions were answered in a timely manner. I appreciated the follow up conversations. The entire process was seamlessly simple. I am looking forward to being credit card debt free in record time.

Original review: April 29, 2018

The rates provided were reasonable and competitive. The loan member I spoke with was very knowledgeable and friendly. I would recommend him. He followed up promptly and provided me with several options regarding the loan. The entire experience was positive and would recommend them to friends.

FreedomPlus expert review by Barbara Friedberg

FreedomPlus is an online lender that offers personal loans in the range of $10,000 to $35,000. Interested consumers can visit their website and fill out an application online. FreedomPlus goes beyond your credit report to help you qualify for a loan.

• How it works: FreedomPlus focuses on making their loan process simple and fast. You start out by filling out their online application and submitting it. Once you’ve submitted your application, you’ll speak with a loan consultant. Consultants looking beyond your credit report to make sure you qualify for the loan you need.

• Quick loan decisions: The time it takes to apply, speak with a consultant and have a decision is around two to three hours. Once a decision has been made, all documents are signed and uploaded the same day and your funds are available within 48 hours of approval.

• Personal loan uses: FreedomPlus offer loans from $10,000 to $35,000 to be used for a variety of reasons. Major purchases like weddings, moving expenses, car maintenance and home improvement are some of the most popular reasons people use a FreedomPlus loan. Loans can also help you pay medical bills, consolidate debt and more.

• How much does it cost?: FreedomPlus loans come with rates ranging from 4.99 - 26.99 percent. APR ranges from 4.99 - 29.99 percent. You can get a loan term from two to five years with origination fees from zero to five percent.

• Online application: FreedomPlus’ online application is fast and easy. You’re asked questions about how much money you need, how good your credit score is, where you live and what you plan on using your loan for.

• Best for: consumers needing a fast personal loan.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg