Call toll free
4.43/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

FreedomPlus creates a unique lending experience by providing you with a personal consultation where you can discuss your financial goals and needs with a loan consultant over the phone. Through its simple yet sophisticated application and vetting process, FreedomPlus offers a custom rate based on your job profile, payment history, and several other factors—not just your credit score. You could even qualify for exclusive rate discounts from FreedomPlus just for applying with a co-borrower, using your loan to pay off debt, or having retirement assets. Contact us today to learn more about our service or to start your application process!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

426 FreedomPlus Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 6, 2019

By 2015, my husband and I accumulated about $18000 in credit card debt and I began panicking. We were in our late 50’s so this could mean putting off retirement plans. However, he researched debt consolidation loans thoroughly and began a conversation with Joseph out of the Phoenix office. I am generally suspicious of “salespeople,” but Joseph was extremely informative, respectful and encouraging. We agreed to a loan that paid off our debt at 16% interest - 8 points lower than the credit card payment.

About 10 months ago, I started thinking about contacting my credit union and paying off my Freedom Plus loan with a personal loan. Before we did that, my husband asked that we re-contact Joseph to see what he could do. Again, Joseph listened respectfully, then said he really didn’t want to lose our business. What if Freedom Plus dropped the interest to 5%, and lowered our payment by over $100 a month? Of course, we agreed to that! Now we have 4 payment left and we are so grateful to Joseph and Freedom Plus for their much needed help and service. If you currently have a loan that you have paid faithfully for at least 2 years, try calling and renegotiating your rate, because in my experience, they are open to that. This company is the real deal!

Get expert buying tips about Debt Consolidation Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 6, 2019

This company is the REAL DEAL please believe! I contacted FreedomPlus on Sunday 3-3-2019, and spoke with (NIC **). It was around 5:30pm, and they close at 6:00pm. I was shocked they were even open on a Sunday, and I gave him all of my information to send it to the underwriting team. He told me the documents that, I needed to send which was my (last paycheck stub, a voided check, and a copy of my license). They also only pull 1 credit bureau to see if you are approved which is EXPERIAN. He told me he would call me in the morning to proceed with processing my loan since they were about to close. Well Nic called me around 9:30pm, and told me he received all of my documents the night before. He said I was approved for the 20,000, and the interest rate would be 16.99%.

That was really high being that my credit score is a 751 FICO score with Experian, but after he explained everything. I accepted the loan, because I'm paying it off in 3 years which will only have a little over $5,000 interest on a 20,000 loan. He told me I could've gotten a lower interest rate and more money if I had a co-signer, or was affiliated with certain companies. I still wasn't too happy about the interest rate, because it is extremely high. Nevertheless, they approved me in less than 30 minutes, and I was so happy about being approved. Now they do have a daily interest rate, and it will total your annual interest rate. So you will be able to calculate just how much you will be looking to pay back towards the principal.

I got approved on 3-4-2019, and signed all of my documents. I received a email for my (WELCOME CALL), and spoke with (TERRENCE IN ARIZONA) on 3-5-3019 who was a sweetheart! He told me that my loan was funded and it will post to my checking account direct deposit in 2-3- days. Well today is 3-6-2019, and my funds have posted early this morning which was in (24 hours)! I am beyond happy, and love the fact that my money was deposited SUPER EARLY! Now I spoke with Terrence who went over everything with me regarding my loan again. He answered all of my questions, and was so courteous, polite, professional, and down to earth! I even called back later yesterday evening, and had more questions.

I like the fact when you call their customer service number they pick up IMMEDIATELY, and are sooo nice! They also let me know if I want to take my loan off (AUTO PAY) to call them (2) days in advance to my (DUE DATE). Also, if I pay my account online it will take (3 BUSINESS DAYS) to process and post being that they are not a bank. I can also pay over the phone, and if I do it will take (2 BUSINESS DAYS) to post. So if anyone is on auto pay please know it take 2 full business days before your due date to take you off auto pay. I'm a very thorough person, and I also overthink everything lol. I always over analyze everything, and will go over the same thing a million times. So I had a trillion questions, and everyone at FreedomPlus answered me, and took great care of me. I hope one day they will implement lower interest rates which will bring them even more business!

When I pay this loan off I'll be getting another loan with them to put down on my home! YAAAYYY! Plus, this loan is going to help boost my credit score even more with me having another installment loan. So if you are looking for a loan, and have good credit with the necessary documents to send them. You will be approved asap! AGAIN! Their interest rates are high, but you can't beat getting a large loan super fast, and with different options to pay like FreedomPlus. My loan specialist Nic ** also answer the phone as soon as I call him if I ever have questions. That is a huge plus for me, and he also is very helpful and professional. EVERYONE PLEASE CHOOSE FREEDOMPLUS! I PROMISE YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED, BECAUSE THIS COMPANY DELIVERS!!! :)

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

FreedomPlus is a very efficient and professional company. It was the quickest loan process I have ever experienced. My loan was improved in a matter of hours. It was impressive. The agent (Brandon **) who handled my loan was excellent and his work was outstanding! So polite and knowledgeable. He went above and beyond to make sure I understood exactly what was happening at every step of the process. I was very satisfied with the quality of his work. I actually was blown away and it was way more than I expected. Speaking with the customer service team provided me with even more relevant information. I am very grateful and appreciative to FreedomPlus for all they did for me and would definitely use them again and would recommend their services to anyone who needs help with debt. Thank you so much!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I would like to say that I am very happy and blessed that my husband and I was able FreedomPlus! I would highly recommend the company. Every customer service representatives I spoke with was professional, kind and informative! My very first customer service representative was Nic **. During the call my cellphone lost service for hours due to a cellphone tower disruption. He advised via email that he tried calling me back several times to no avail and provided his information so we can continue where we left off and I’m so happy he did. I was very discouraged at the beginning because I had tried several personal loan companies before so I assumed I wouldn’t be approved with FreedomPlus based off my previous experience. Nic advised that he would first perform a soft credit check then move forward if all went well. To my surprise, we were approved! I was so happy it is truly a blessing!

We have been 35K in credit card debt for several years now not due to irresponsible spending just life situations. At the time it was a blessing being able to use the credit cards for food and bills when we didn’t have much but it was unfortunate that we were trapped with the compounding interest that left us pretty much stuck. I know besides my credit card utilization I have exceptional credit never missed or been late on a payment in 15 years but I’m a stay at home mother and my husband brings in the income. Many personal loan companies required I have individual income to even be considered. I know FreedomPlus didn’t have to approve us it’s definitely a risk they take with anyone they provide a unsecure personal loan too so I’m thankful they were understanding of our situation.

I also want to add the process for everything was extremely fast my credit cards were paid off in a week! Thank you so much for everything. We extremely satisfied customers. P.S. I want to tell everyone this company is legit. I’m aware because like myself I was suspicious at first. Wasn’t sure if it was scam or not. I researched and checked the Facebook page prior to and many other will agree having amazing experiences.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

"Sam" ** was extremely helpful and patient in helping me through the steps to get what we could to further help me on my journey to improve my credit score. Although there were obstacles because my credit score was not as desirable as most would like, I truly think that he believed I was trying to take the steps in the direction to get my credit score up, and did what he could to help me achieve that. He was extremely knowledgable about questions I had, and gave me good advice for my future credit status. I was able to complete all the information through my phone, and he even taught me things I didn't even know my smart phone could do. He spent a lot of the day on the phone with me, and answered every time I called, which I find very scarce nowadays. Very good experience! I hope he is still there when we re evaluate things in about 6 months!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FreedomPlus?

Original review: July 15, 2019

All went well with the exception of not being made aware of the 300 something dollar processing fee. Borrowed 7500 and got 7100 and something, don't have the exact figures right at the moment as I am at work. Otherwise it went well.

Original review: July 12, 2019

Applying for a personal loan seemed intimidating at first. But I knew what I was looking for, and that was a low interest rate loan that would help pay off my painfully high interest rate credit cards. Shannon at FreedomPlus was very professional and courteous from the first phone call and helped me feel at ease from the start. I was approved quickly and within 3 days had funds available to me. Paying off my high interest credit cards and being able to save money is the best decision I've made for my finances this year. I highly recommend calling FreedomPlus. They are reliable, helped me solve my problem, and produced results I was looking for.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I was pre-approved through a Lending Tree application and the status stated someone would reach out to me after I entered accounts to payoff. A rep reached out and I thought it was someone related to the pre-approval but it seems to be a 3rd party through Freedom Plus. Point is that I ended up with two personal loans when I only needed one and a 2nd credit pull when I was already approved through Web Bank. I thought it was weird that the rep that called asked to pull my credit but only one rep reached out.

These 3rd parties should be specifically stating they are an additional 3rd party that have to run an extra credit pull for loans they might offer, ASIDE from any loans offered/approved through Lending Tree already. Super confused and disappointed that I ended up with two credit hits and two personal loans. I had to do the leg work to have all extra funds credited back to my checking account to then payoff the loan that I didn't need. It was an additional $30 of interest that I had to pay due to this issue. That's a disservice to me as a consumer.

Original review: July 6, 2019

There were fees which were not discussed prior to signing contract. As you can see the attached file does not show an additional fee for 748.50. Should this be listed? When we were signing the contract it wasn’t mentioned either.

Original review: July 4, 2019

I want to express how grateful I am to have business with Freedom Plus. I obtain a loan during a difficult life moment and the process was pristine. The approval was instant, the money went into my account in two days. Thank you Freedom Plus.

Original review: July 3, 2019

The credit manager from FreedomPlus that I worked with made it all simple and fast. I filed an online application, forwarded a few documents for confirmations, and had the money I needed in my checking account in less than 4 days. Amazing group of people, made everything very transparent, and easy to accomplish. Would definitely recommend them and will personally use them in the future again.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I was contacted and assigned a loan consultant (Heather **) that was professional and friendly but not pushy. The process went smoothly and all of my questions were answered quickly and to my satisfaction. All instructions on what was needed were clear and after submitting the required information a decision was made on my loan. I am very satisfied with my loan and the positive experience I had with FreedomPlus.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I called expecting the same runaround I always get but was very surprised when Kenneth was so pleasant and informative. The loan itself was fast and painless, he explained thing very well and put all my fears to rest. I would recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: June 27, 2019

Great, fast and simple application process. FreedomPlus was very patient and understanding with what type of loan I needed and helped me select the right loan and length of term to suit my budget. Thank you, FreedomPlus.

Original review: June 26, 2019

Freedom Plus has been a great experience. They're fast and ready to help. I got my loan approved the same day. I will share and recommend to friends. Don't be shy give them a try. You will be glad you did.

Original review: June 21, 2019

My Loan Consultant, Miriam ** was fantastic! She made the loan application and approval process seem effortless from my end. She explained everything thoroughly and her response time getting back to me with the status of my application and approval was top notch!

Original review: June 20, 2019

FreedomPlus provided me with a wonderful fresh start. They helped me clear up my debt and provided me with a reasonable payment option once a month. I would recommend their services to others, as I already have. I wanted an opportunity to regain control of my finances and this program provided me with just that.

Original review: June 20, 2019

First time getting loan with Freedom Plus and it was the easiest process compared to other providers I worked with in past. The customer service is incredibly fast and I received the lowest rate compared to offers from other companies. I could not be happier. Thank you!

Original review: June 15, 2019

This company FreedomPlus is a scam. They run my credit without my permission. When I call them they ignored me. Never did I apply via phone or written. Stay away from their scam. I contacted all the financial control, plus the FBI and state attorney general.

Original review: June 6, 2019

The loan process was fairly painless but instead of sending me the money as other loan consolidation companies have done they wanted to pay off my creditors themselves. No problem but then after over 2 weeks 1 of them was still not paid off and when I called they said they still had about 5 days because those "10 business days" they say they have to pay them off only starts once they actually send a check which can add days and weekends and holidays don't count against them. I would suggest another company. I have done business with a couple of others over the years and FreedomPlus while not horrible is at the bottom of my list. I doubt I will ever do business with them again and their rates were about 3 points higher than the competition. I found out too late. Fool me once...

Original review: June 5, 2019

My experience with FreedomPlus was great! Very professional and my credit score will sky rocket and my financial situation will be helped tremendously with this loan. Thanks for the experience and I will recommend you to all of my colleagues.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Was the second time I applied for a personal loan... Looking the previous experience I called Holli the loan officer helped me the first time. She did a great job. Very professional.. Also on this occasion she did the same. The process was fast and efficient...

Original review: June 4, 2019

The website was very easy to navigate, the process was quick and simple, and my funds were deposited within a very reasonable amount of time. Even better, my creditors were paid as promised and there were no problems anywhere in the transaction. Could not have been easier.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I had such a great experience while working with Raymond **. He was very knowledgeable about everything he spoke to me about and was able to explain things in a way that I understood. The process from start to finish was also very easy. I was referred to him by my dad who also had a great experience. If anyone is looking for a way to increase their credit score with some help on paying off debts I will definitely suggest Raymond!

Original review: May 30, 2019

My experience was nothing but the BEST! It was a easy process. On the scale from 1-10 I’ll give a 10. I would highly recommend FreedomPlus to anyone. The customer service was always on point when ever I called and had any questions...

Original review: May 29, 2019

Omar ** was awesome. Very nice gentleman took care of me. He explained everything great to where I understood all the terms of agreement without any confusion. I will most definitely be recommending FreedomPlus to everyone I know in need of a loan.

Original review: May 25, 2019

I have the best experience of my life when I apply to a personal loan with FreedomPlus. I have a credit score of 745 and my bank denied me. Anthony ** calls me and helps me to start the application, and in less than 4 days the money I needed was in my checking account. His excellent customer service is awesome. I recommend FreedomPlus.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I highly recommend FreedomPlus for your financial needs! The process was easy and quick. The level of provisional service I received was something that I value greatly. The time was taken to answer all of my questions and to make sure I understood my loan completely.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I am very satisfied with my experience with FreedomPlus. Representatives were very helpful and provided exceptional customer service. The process took less than 4 hours from first contact to signing documents. I will be sure to contact Freedom Plus in the future as my needs change.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I have found this company to be very professional and reliable. I have taken out 2 loans with them. Their staff is very clear and specific on terms. They have kept all their promises to me. My loans were approved fast and money was in my account within days. It is comforting to me to know that there is a company like this to help and assist when unexpected events occur. I would not hesitate to return and do business with them again should circumstances warrant. I highly recommend this company.

FreedomPlus expert review by Barbara Friedberg

FreedomPlus is an online lender that offers personal loans in the range of $10,000 to $40,000. Interested consumers can visit their website and fill out an application online. FreedomPlus goes beyond your credit report to help you qualify for a loan.

• How it works: FreedomPlus focuses on making their loan process simple and fast. You start out by filling out their online application and submitting it. Once you’ve submitted your application, you’ll speak with a loan consultant. Consultants looking beyond your credit report to make sure you qualify for the loan you need.

• Quick loan decisions: The time it takes to apply, speak with a consultant and have a decision is around two to three hours. Once a decision has been made, all documents are signed and uploaded the same day and your funds are available in as little as 3 days.

• Personal loan uses: FreedomPlus offer loans from $10,000 to $40,000 to be used for a variety of reasons. Major purchases like weddings, moving expenses, car maintenance and home improvement are some of the most popular reasons people use a FreedomPlus loan. Loans can also help you pay medical bills, consolidate debt and more.

• How much does it cost?: FreedomPlus loans come with rates ranging from 5.99 - 26.99 percent. APR ranges from 5.99 - 29.99 percent. You can get a loan term from two to five years with origination fees from zero to five percent.

• Online application: FreedomPlus’ online application is fast and easy. You’re asked questions about how much money you need, how good your credit score is, where you live and what you plan on using your loan for.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg