Call toll free
4.53/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

FreedomPlus creates a unique lending experience by providing you with a personal consultation where you can discuss your financial goals and needs with a loan consultant over the phone. Through its simple yet sophisticated application and vetting process, FreedomPlus offers a custom rate based on your job profile, payment history, and several other factors—not just your credit score. You could even qualify for exclusive rate discounts from FreedomPlus just for applying with a co-borrower, using your loan to pay off debt, or having retirement assets. Contact us today to learn more about our service or to start your application process!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

347 FreedomPlus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Usually, when you call a support line, you wait on hold... and wait and wait more. With FreedomPlus, I am connected to support ASAP and they are able to give me the help I need in minutes. Very happy with the support provided thus far!!

Get expert buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I really appreciate the professionalism involved in getting my loan application approved and the courtesy received during the total process. I will refer family and friends to your organization. I will definitely contact you again when I need to consolidate my credit cards to lower my interest.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

This guy who says he was a loan officer from FreedomPlus refuses to put in writing what he is requiring for any loan request and he also refuses to state what is required for the loan. Instead all he states is that he can only discuss with me verbally anything related to the loan. What a scam. If they won't put anything in writing then you should never deal with any lender that will only do things verbally.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Experience was fast, easy. They were very helpful with getting a loan to pay my credit cards off to get a better rate. Would recommend to anyone looking to get out of your high interest rate credit cards. The loan funds really quickly. Didn't have to wait too long to get the money in my account. Great place to work with. Would go through this bank again.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Experience has been poor, the funds have not been dispersed when I was told and I am extremely unhappy with these people. They will not return my email inquiries and want me to keep calling them. I would much rather email for answers to my questions.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FreedomPlus?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

The loan officer that helped me was very honest and wanted to make sure my financial needs were met. I really appreciate how caring he was and tried to match me up with the best loan that suited my current situation. Thanks Kelley!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I was paying off my loan 3 years early. Made a $19k pymt on 12/15 in addition to my monthly auto withdraw of $521 on 12/16. Should have had $140 in overpayment but instead charged me $15 for a NSF because I made a typo in my acct #. They were very unforgiving and refused to credit me back that $15. Poor customer service.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I received a loan offer from FreedomPlus. Their affiliate Lending Tree sent me an offer to lower my payment of a previous personal loan which was much higher. Freedom Plus was a blessing. They lowered my interest and dropped my monthly payment by more than half of what I was paying. It was better than what I was quoted or expected. My contact was Jason **. Awesome person... He helped me and my wife with all the details and we are extremely grateful. They are trustworthy, Amen! Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year to the Lending Tree Family's for reaching out to us and for the Freedom Plus Family's for promising what they said they would do. If you are reading my comments. I strongly suggest that you too give them a call.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Super easy, friendly, and on point. Fast process, and no runaround or hassles. I had other personal loans in the past that were complete hassles from start to finish and had crazy high interest rates but, not with these guys.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Everything done online. Great customer service. Loaned me money when no other company would. Great!!! Anyone with less than great credit score should contact Freedom Plus. Cash was in my account the next day. Terms and conditions made the loan within my budget.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

A couple months ago, I consolidated my debt into a Freedom Plus loan. I was very pleased by the customer service. By their professionalism and promptness. We were able to complete the loan application process in a couple of days. Thanks.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

My experience with FREEDOM PLUS was VERY POSITIVE. A friendly person to communicate with and the service was fast. Within a few days, the loan was received and completed. I recommend FREEDOM PLUS highly. THANK YOU FREEDOM PLUS. I RECOMMEND all who need a loan to submit to FREEDOM PLUS.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Thought it was too good to be true. I tried to go through my local credit union and was denied. I applied online and was approved in minutes and received funds the next day. I would recommend absolutely. The loan representative was very kind and helpful.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

My experience was great my loan officer was top of the line. He was very knowledgeable and friendly. He really cared about helping me. I felt he went the extra steps to make me feel good about getting the loan. I would recommend to my friends.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

When applying for the loan FreedomPlus was nice and very happy to assist me in getting my application through and approved in a timely manner and the money in my account very quickly. The process was quick and easy and I appreciate everything that they did.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Serena ** is the WORST Loan Officer ever. She is completely inept. You said you were going to call me TODAY with an answer regarding the docs I was supposed to have received 2 days ago after I was approved. I'm confused because it makes absolutely no sense that you are NOT communicating with me in a timely and professional manner. I'm in the dark here and you're not letting me know what's going on with my submission. Why on Earth would you do that Serena??? It's extremely irritating to be waiting around day after day with nothing from you. I've waiting all day for the call you said you would make to me TODAY. It's now 6 pm Arizona time. Are you still even in the office? Or did you leave for the day and just decide not to call me before exiting the building... AGAIN???

Why are you not calling me back like you said you would? Honestly, what's wrong with you? I'm completely baffled by your inability to simply reach out each day to provide me with a simple update. Now I'm just pissed. Pissed that you would treat a client this way after you've collected all their vital information and documents, tell them they're approved and then just blow them off day after day and blatantly lie about calling back. What's wrong with you? I'm absolutely livid that you aren't mature and professional enough to handle my file like a real loan officer. Tomorrow I'll be reaching out to your company if I don't hear from you first thing in the morning and it will be a very unpleasant call to as many of your superiors as I can reach. I will file multiple complaints and of course I will terminate my submission.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I was very pleased with the ease of the inquiry and speediness of the whole process. I would recommend this service to others for sure. All of the representatives that called were very respectful, thoughtful about my privacy and always polite. I look forward to a long relationship.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I agreed to all terms of the loan that I e-signed onto. But I was not given the verbal agreement with Jeff **. He wants to make it seem that I misunderstood the date the loan was to start. Not true. I was aware that the FreedomPlus loan started Dec. 16th. He assured me that the loan would finance by Fri., Nov. 2nd (my birthday). If it would have been true I would not have to make the loan payment with One Main therefore, I would have had a great birthday! Needless to say, that payment was taken out of my account and then I had late payments on other bills I would have been able to pay.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

My loan office Patrick, was amazing and very patient. He provided all the information I needed to make an informed decision and choose what was best for me, in my opinion he went that extra mile to accommodate me. I am very pleased with my service from FreedomPlus.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

To say there has been a lack of customer service would be an understatement. I applied for the loan on October 30th. I finally get the cash portion on Friday the 3rd. Today is Wednesday the 7th and my cards still have not been paid off. I have call Nicholas ** at least 5 time and emailed at least 5 times and no response!! I just would like some reassurance that it will be paid and when. Terrible customer service experience.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

"Sam" ** was extremely helpful and patient in helping me through the steps to get what we could to further help me on my journey to improve my credit score. Although there were obstacles because my credit score was not as desirable as most would like, I truly think that he believed I was trying to take the steps in the direction to get my credit score up, and did what he could to help me achieve that. He was extremely knowledgable about questions I had, and gave me good advice for my future credit status. I was able to complete all the information through my phone, and he even taught me things I didn't even know my smart phone could do. He spent a lot of the day on the phone with me, and answered every time I called, which I find very scarce nowadays. Very good experience! I hope he is still there when we re evaluate things in about 6 months!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

This was an awesome experience that has literally helped me with so much stress! I’m now able to consolidate my debt with one monthly payment! Nic was amazing to work with and was able to get us approved within hours! I’m so glad I called; It was definitely worth it! The process was so easy and my questions were answered!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Was a quick and painless process that literally only took 30 minutes of my time to apply and get approval for my loan. The funds were in my account within five days of approval. I will be using FreedomPlus in the future for certain. Thanks!!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Highly recommend Freedom Plus and will suggest for anyone that's looking to consolidate. Robert ** was so easy to work with and was able to help with every question I had. He made the experience very easy and stress-free. He was very knowledgeable and understanding of my situation.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Rebekah was very well informed and very knowledgeable and extremely polite and spoke very intelligently and yet kept everything simple to understand. The whole experience was best I have ever had. I would highly recommend anyone to come to your company for help with financial issues. You don't berate people for coming to you for help. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Never had a loan take so long to process to my bank and to my creditors as with this company. Currently received payment to my checking but yet not to the accounts needed paid off, which have gained much in interest and at 8 days and counting since approved!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Sean ** has outstanding customer service. Before making this big decision he gave me options and saved me money. I would recommend him and this company to my family and friends for sure. The process was simple and not once did I feel confused about it. Thank you!!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

The loan process was great, and the service worker made sure only the accounts I show to payoff was listed or the payoff was within a certain payment, and rate I could afford... the amount of time it took to receive the loan was little longer than expected, but it was a holiday that was was between payoffs, so they was a little more time spent getting the accounts paid.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

The only question why one credit card was handled and TD bank is still outstanding. Otherwise I am very pleased with your service. Also look forward to recommend to others. Your service was extremely good and I don't know what else to say. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Good Morning, I would like to say that I really had a good experience with your company regarding a Debt Consolidation Loan. Your representative, Monica **, made me really feel at ease. She was truly a people person, I have prayed to my Lord regarding a loan and I just waited for a door to open, if it was his will for him to try. Then about 1 month pass, a door did open, I received an email and I felt within my spirit, this was ok. So I put in the information and waited. Then I received a call and it was something about the voice that made me want to return her call. She was very patient and explain everything completely and I just felt at eased. Thank you and God Bless You All.

FreedomPlus expert review by Barbara Friedberg

FreedomPlus is an online lender that offers personal loans in the range of $10,000 to $40,000. Interested consumers can visit their website and fill out an application online. FreedomPlus goes beyond your credit report to help you qualify for a loan.

• How it works: FreedomPlus focuses on making their loan process simple and fast. You start out by filling out their online application and submitting it. Once you’ve submitted your application, you’ll speak with a loan consultant. Consultants looking beyond your credit report to make sure you qualify for the loan you need.

• Quick loan decisions: The time it takes to apply, speak with a consultant and have a decision is around two to three hours. Once a decision has been made, all documents are signed and uploaded the same day and your funds are available in as little as 3 days.

• Personal loan uses: FreedomPlus offer loans from $10,000 to $40,000 to be used for a variety of reasons. Major purchases like weddings, moving expenses, car maintenance and home improvement are some of the most popular reasons people use a FreedomPlus loan. Loans can also help you pay medical bills, consolidate debt and more.

• How much does it cost?: FreedomPlus loans come with rates ranging from 5.99 - 26.99 percent. APR ranges from 5.99 - 29.99 percent. You can get a loan term from two to five years with origination fees from zero to five percent.

• Online application: FreedomPlus’ online application is fast and easy. You’re asked questions about how much money you need, how good your credit score is, where you live and what you plan on using your loan for.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg