Call toll free
4.46/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

FreedomPlus creates a unique lending experience by providing you with a personal consultation where you can discuss your financial goals and needs with a loan consultant over the phone. Through its simple yet sophisticated application and vetting process, FreedomPlus offers a custom rate based on your job profile, payment history, and several other factors—not just your credit score. You could even qualify for exclusive rate discounts from FreedomPlus just for applying with a co-borrower, using your loan to pay off debt, or having retirement assets. Contact us today to learn more about our service or to start your application process!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

403 FreedomPlus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 6, 2019

By 2015, my husband and I accumulated about $18000 in credit card debt and I began panicking. We were in our late 50’s so this could mean putting off retirement plans. However, he researched debt consolidation loans thoroughly and began a conversation with Joseph out of the Phoenix office. I am generally suspicious of “salespeople,” but Joseph was extremely informative, respectful and encouraging. We agreed to a loan that paid off our debt at 16% interest - 8 points lower than the credit card payment.

About 10 months ago, I started thinking about contacting my credit union and paying off my Freedom Plus loan with a personal loan. Before we did that, my husband asked that we re-contact Joseph to see what he could do. Again, Joseph listened respectfully, then said he really didn’t want to lose our business. What if Freedom Plus dropped the interest to 5%, and lowered our payment by over $100 a month? Of course, we agreed to that! Now we have 4 payment left and we are so grateful to Joseph and Freedom Plus for their much needed help and service. If you currently have a loan that you have paid faithfully for at least 2 years, try calling and renegotiating your rate, because in my experience, they are open to that. This company is the real deal!

Get expert buying tips about Debt Consolidation Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 6, 2019

This company is the REAL DEAL please believe! I contacted FreedomPlus on Sunday 3-3-2019, and spoke with (NIC **). It was around 5:30pm, and they close at 6:00pm. I was shocked they were even open on a Sunday, and I gave him all of my information to send it to the underwriting team. He told me the documents that, I needed to send which was my (last paycheck stub, a voided check, and a copy of my license). They also only pull 1 credit bureau to see if you are approved which is EXPERIAN. He told me he would call me in the morning to proceed with processing my loan since they were about to close. Well Nic called me around 9:30pm, and told me he received all of my documents the night before. He said I was approved for the 20,000, and the interest rate would be 16.99%.

That was really high being that my credit score is a 751 FICO score with Experian, but after he explained everything. I accepted the loan, because I'm paying it off in 3 years which will only have a little over $5,000 interest on a 20,000 loan. He told me I could've gotten a lower interest rate and more money if I had a co-signer, or was affiliated with certain companies. I still wasn't too happy about the interest rate, because it is extremely high. Nevertheless, they approved me in less than 30 minutes, and I was so happy about being approved. Now they do have a daily interest rate, and it will total your annual interest rate. So you will be able to calculate just how much you will be looking to pay back towards the principal.

I got approved on 3-4-2019, and signed all of my documents. I received a email for my (WELCOME CALL), and spoke with (TERRENCE IN ARIZONA) on 3-5-3019 who was a sweetheart! He told me that my loan was funded and it will post to my checking account direct deposit in 2-3- days. Well today is 3-6-2019, and my funds have posted early this morning which was in (24 hours)! I am beyond happy, and love the fact that my money was deposited SUPER EARLY! Now I spoke with Terrence who went over everything with me regarding my loan again. He answered all of my questions, and was so courteous, polite, professional, and down to earth! I even called back later yesterday evening, and had more questions.

I like the fact when you call their customer service number they pick up IMMEDIATELY, and are sooo nice! They also let me know if I want to take my loan off (AUTO PAY) to call them (2) days in advance to my (DUE DATE). Also, if I pay my account online it will take (3 BUSINESS DAYS) to process and post being that they are not a bank. I can also pay over the phone, and if I do it will take (2 BUSINESS DAYS) to post. So if anyone is on auto pay please know it take 2 full business days before your due date to take you off auto pay. I'm a very thorough person, and I also overthink everything lol. I always over analyze everything, and will go over the same thing a million times. So I had a trillion questions, and everyone at FreedomPlus answered me, and took great care of me. I hope one day they will implement lower interest rates which will bring them even more business!

When I pay this loan off I'll be getting another loan with them to put down on my home! YAAAYYY! Plus, this loan is going to help boost my credit score even more with me having another installment loan. So if you are looking for a loan, and have good credit with the necessary documents to send them. You will be approved asap! AGAIN! Their interest rates are high, but you can't beat getting a large loan super fast, and with different options to pay like FreedomPlus. My loan specialist Nic ** also answer the phone as soon as I call him if I ever have questions. That is a huge plus for me, and he also is very helpful and professional. EVERYONE PLEASE CHOOSE FREEDOMPLUS! I PROMISE YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED, BECAUSE THIS COMPANY DELIVERS!!! :)

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

FreedomPlus is a very efficient and professional company. It was the quickest loan process I have ever experienced. My loan was improved in a matter of hours. It was impressive. The agent (Brandon **) who handled my loan was excellent and his work was outstanding! So polite and knowledgeable. He went above and beyond to make sure I understood exactly what was happening at every step of the process. I was very satisfied with the quality of his work. I actually was blown away and it was way more than I expected. Speaking with the customer service team provided me with even more relevant information. I am very grateful and appreciative to FreedomPlus for all they did for me and would definitely use them again and would recommend their services to anyone who needs help with debt. Thank you so much!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I would like to say that I am very happy and blessed that my husband and I was able FreedomPlus! I would highly recommend the company. Every customer service representatives I spoke with was professional, kind and informative! My very first customer service representative was Nic **. During the call my cellphone lost service for hours due to a cellphone tower disruption. He advised via email that he tried calling me back several times to no avail and provided his information so we can continue where we left off and I’m so happy he did. I was very discouraged at the beginning because I had tried several personal loan companies before so I assumed I wouldn’t be approved with FreedomPlus based off my previous experience. Nic advised that he would first perform a soft credit check then move forward if all went well. To my surprise, we were approved! I was so happy it is truly a blessing!

We have been 35K in credit card debt for several years now not due to irresponsible spending just life situations. At the time it was a blessing being able to use the credit cards for food and bills when we didn’t have much but it was unfortunate that we were trapped with the compounding interest that left us pretty much stuck. I know besides my credit card utilization I have exceptional credit never missed or been late on a payment in 15 years but I’m a stay at home mother and my husband brings in the income. Many personal loan companies required I have individual income to even be considered. I know FreedomPlus didn’t have to approve us it’s definitely a risk they take with anyone they provide a unsecure personal loan too so I’m thankful they were understanding of our situation.

I also want to add the process for everything was extremely fast my credit cards were paid off in a week! Thank you so much for everything. We extremely satisfied customers. P.S. I want to tell everyone this company is legit. I’m aware because like myself I was suspicious at first. Wasn’t sure if it was scam or not. I researched and checked the Facebook page prior to and many other will agree having amazing experiences.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

"Sam" ** was extremely helpful and patient in helping me through the steps to get what we could to further help me on my journey to improve my credit score. Although there were obstacles because my credit score was not as desirable as most would like, I truly think that he believed I was trying to take the steps in the direction to get my credit score up, and did what he could to help me achieve that. He was extremely knowledgable about questions I had, and gave me good advice for my future credit status. I was able to complete all the information through my phone, and he even taught me things I didn't even know my smart phone could do. He spent a lot of the day on the phone with me, and answered every time I called, which I find very scarce nowadays. Very good experience! I hope he is still there when we re evaluate things in about 6 months!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FreedomPlus?

Original review: May 22, 2019

I am very satisfied with my experience with FreedomPlus. Representatives were very helpful and provided exceptional customer service. The process took less than 4 hours from first contact to signing documents. I will be sure to contact Freedom Plus in the future as my needs change.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I have found this company to be very professional and reliable. I have taken out 2 loans with them. Their staff is very clear and specific on terms. They have kept all their promises to me. My loans were approved fast and money was in my account within days. It is comforting to me to know that there is a company like this to help and assist when unexpected events occur. I would not hesitate to return and do business with them again should circumstances warrant. I highly recommend this company.

Original review: May 18, 2019

Adrian ** was very kind and helped me step by step. I am grateful that it did not take long to get the loan, although It is not yet complete because my bills were due prior to my payoff and I've not received the additional money leftover from my loan.

Original review: May 17, 2019

In working with FreedomPlus, I must say the process was seamlessly easy, fast, and completely professional. The whole process took about 10 minutes. The amount of time it took for approval, was about the amount of time to finish a cup of coffee. One of the best loan experiences around. Would definitely recommend to everyone. Thank you FreedomPlus.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Freedom Plus as a lender was enjoyable to work with. Professional, courteous and fully explained the application process and document requirements. Their follow up was quick and the overall process took only a couple of hours from start to finish. I would recommend Freedom Plus to anyone needing funding for personal use.

Original review: May 12, 2019

My Credit Score was good; but no one would approve me for a loan because of my debt to income ratio. FreedomPlus approved me though. It's a high interest loan. But I'd recommend them to anyone who can't get a loan with anyone else.

Original review: May 9, 2019

From the beginning of the process when Debora the customer rep called from my inquiry it has been a wonderful experience. All promises were met and delivered. I would recommend FreedomPlus to a friend. We closed with 5 business days.

Original review: May 3, 2019

The loan consultant that I worked with was amazing! She was readily available to answer all of my questions. There were no surprises when the time came to complete the loan. The process was short and easy. It was only a matter of a few days that the loan money was deposited into my account. I would recommend them to everyone!

Original review: May 1, 2019

I was trying to figure out to get my credit card debt back under control and a loan from FreedomPlus helped me get all my credit card debt and other loans consolidated into one payment. The interest was a little high but my credit score was gradually sinking and my debt didn't seem to be getting any smaller. A personal loan through Lending Tree made getting my debt under control possible. Now I have one fixed payment and know when it will be paid off as well as having the opportunity to review my loan in a few months to possibly lower my interest rate.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I just wanted him to change the name he had spelled incorrectly and it took him a loooong time to respond. I had already submitted all necessary documents to him, and he spelled my co-signer's name incorrectly, he refused to fix it or get back to him. Horrible person. I had to cancel my loan. Christopher ** is his name. Absolutely horrible and unprofessional.

Original review: April 29, 2019

We were very satisfied. We also had very fast results. The representative that helped us named Jeanie that helped us was very nice and efficient. The interest rate is high but will work for us short term. Thank you once again.

Original review: April 20, 2019

Sandra ** contacted me and patiently walked me thru the entire loan process. After already being turned down by several other lenders I was doubtful that the result would be any different. To my pleasant surprise Sandra was not just extremely knowledgeable about the process, but she was extremely patient helping to work thru the many obstacles that I kept putting in front of her. End result, loan approved, very happy campers!

Original review: April 20, 2019

Edward was super friendly and help me every step of the way. He answer every question and explain every single step. This took Like maybe 2 hours the most between gathering all paperwork and the actual application. It’s was really good experience.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I needed to get a lower bi-monthly payment. I contacted FreedomPlus, looking for assistance. Their representative was very patient as well as very knowledgeable. They helped lower my payment and kept me on track to pay off my balance. Very easy process. I would highly recommend FreedomPlus.

Original review: April 17, 2019

We were needing to consolidate a very high interest loan that we were paying on and a credit card. I applied one day, we closed the next. We were blown away at the speediness of the loan and closing process. Our payments on this loan is almost half of what we were paying on both of the other ones. I would recommend FreedomPlus to anyone that needs a loan. Speak to Nathan **, he is great to work with. So Thankful for FreedomPlus...

Original review: April 16, 2019

Honestly, the best loan experience to date. The process was simple and stress free, and the representatives I spoke with, Gabriel and Sarah, were knowledgeable, helpful and kind. Beyond pleased with the out come. Gabriel ** was my primary contact and made me feel at ease from the first time we spoke. He was always professional and answered my all questions and concerns.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Christian took care of us. He was polite, friendly, fast, and incredibly professional. The process went quickly and smoothly. I think Christian's last name was **, not sure. I already deleted his emails. Sorry! This was a very easy process as far as applying for a loan. We again are grateful for everything. Thanks again.

Original review: April 11, 2019

This loan provided me a way to have lower total monthly outgo. I was very impressed with the customer service I received. I was also very happy about the 6% APR, that neither one of our (2) Credit Unions could offer (10% APR). In addition, the lower monthly payments could now be supplemented with any additional money I would like to pay through their customer service. No prepayment penalty and no loan origination fees were a factor in my decision to go with Freedom Plus, I would highly recommend that people should check you out for their needs.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I was looking for a credit card consolidation and I filed with Freedom plus. They offered me a high-interest rate and a nonsense downpayment. I do not judge the commercial strategy (I hope they do not target just people with financial issues for squeezing the last drop of juice out of their pocket), but politeness must be a must. When I asked if there was some sort of recalibration or negotiation was possible (I have more than a decent credit score) he replied me that it was a great offer and call him back If I were able to find something better... Here I am. I found something much better.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Dana was so very helpful in every way. Explained everything in detail and was so nice. She was very professional. Followed up immediately with the Ioan documents and called to make sure I understood everything. Looked at all my credit cards and helped pay the higher ones then explained how to pay off the others faster.

Original review: March 27, 2019

This is our second experience with the Freedom family and we could not be more happy. Both times, the customer service reps have gone above and beyond to find a plan that works in our best interest. We have recommended the Freedom company to many people and will continue to do so. Thank you so much!!!

Original review: March 26, 2019

My first idea to use this was guarded. Afraid I was getting scammed I moved ahead with better confidence with the person on the phone. The process was very easy and understandable every step of the way. I felt better knowing this was what I needed to relieve my stress in credit card bills. I have gone through a lot lately in my life. I feel so much better now that I have freedom plus on my side. Thank you so very much.

Original review: March 25, 2019

Quentin helped out a lot. Gave me the right info to move forward for my loan approval. The loan can help me pay off some debt and help with home repairs and as well as my cars. I would recommend Freedom to my peers if needed.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I had a terrific experience. Trev ** was very communicative, helpful and expedited my request. The process in general was easy and the approval process was equally as simple. Highly recommend and will refer others as well. Please do not hesitate to contact me should there be any questions or concerns. I’m looking forward to utilizing the online balance inquiry.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Very successful experience with FreedomPlus. Service was fast and very professional. Every question I had was accurately answered by the representative. I will definitively refer other people to the company. It is my understanding that Freedom Plus has a very outstanding staff that strive everyday to offer the best service ever to all customers.

FreedomPlus expert review by Barbara Friedberg

FreedomPlus is an online lender that offers personal loans in the range of $10,000 to $40,000. Interested consumers can visit their website and fill out an application online. FreedomPlus goes beyond your credit report to help you qualify for a loan.

• How it works: FreedomPlus focuses on making their loan process simple and fast. You start out by filling out their online application and submitting it. Once you’ve submitted your application, you’ll speak with a loan consultant. Consultants looking beyond your credit report to make sure you qualify for the loan you need.

• Quick loan decisions: The time it takes to apply, speak with a consultant and have a decision is around two to three hours. Once a decision has been made, all documents are signed and uploaded the same day and your funds are available in as little as 3 days.

• Personal loan uses: FreedomPlus offer loans from $10,000 to $40,000 to be used for a variety of reasons. Major purchases like weddings, moving expenses, car maintenance and home improvement are some of the most popular reasons people use a FreedomPlus loan. Loans can also help you pay medical bills, consolidate debt and more.

• How much does it cost?: FreedomPlus loans come with rates ranging from 5.99 - 26.99 percent. APR ranges from 5.99 - 29.99 percent. You can get a loan term from two to five years with origination fees from zero to five percent.

• Online application: FreedomPlus’ online application is fast and easy. You’re asked questions about how much money you need, how good your credit score is, where you live and what you plan on using your loan for.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg