Find a Debt Consolidation Loans partner

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About FreedomPlus

FreedomPlus creates a unique lending experience by providing you with a personal consultation where you can discuss your financial goals and needs with a loan consultant over the phone. Through its simple yet sophisticated application and vetting process, FreedomPlus offers a custom rate based on your job profile, payment history, and several other factors—not just your credit score. You could even qualify for exclusive rate discounts from FreedomPlus just for applying with a co-borrower, using your loan to pay off debt, or having retirement assets. Contact us today to learn more about our service or to start your application process!

Find Debt Consolidation Loan Companies partners near you

Pros

• Work with a certified loan professional
    • Easy online application & approval
    • Get funds in less than 48 hours

Cons

• Minimum loan amount is $7,500

Bottom Line

FreedomPlus is an online loan broker that provides loans from $7,500 to $40,000. Get approved in less than a day, and you could receive funds in as little as 48 hours.

Top FreedomPlus Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

They were accurate and took time to answered all my questions. They make sure you understand everything before proceeding. Proceed with the term of the loan is totally up to you, ...

Verified

Applied for a personal loan with FreedomPlus. I was skeptical of an online loan. The application and loan process was quick and easy. Received a call from a loan consultant within...

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

How does FreedomPlus work?

FreedomPlus is an online company that provides quick and easy personal loans. Based on their “Freedom Five” motto, FreedomPlus strives to offer loans that are:

• Simple, with one fixed monthly payment
    • Personal, with customer service that cares
    • Fast, with same-day loan decisions
    • Clear, with no confusing terms or agreements
    • Smart, as a practical option to meeting your financial needs

The eligibility requirements for a FreedomPlus personal loan are simple and don’t rely entirely on your credit score. The basic requirements for a FreedomPlus loan include:

• A valid ID
    • A verified income
    • A bank account
    • A minimum credit score of 670

To find out if you qualify for a FreedomPlus loan, fill out the company's short online application. You receive a loan decision in as little as a day and could receive funds within 48 hours. One of FreedomPlus’ loan professionals contacts you to work out the details of your loan.

Once you’ve qualified for a loan, you can manage your terms and payments and check your loan status through your My FreedomPlus login.

What types of loans does FreedomPlus offer?

FreedomPlus loan amounts start at $7,500, but you could be eligible for up to $40,000 depending on your qualifications and the state you live in. Loan term lengths range from two to five years. FreedomPlus allows customers to use loans for multiple purposes, including:

• Weddings
    • Home improvement projects
    • Large purchases
    • Debt consolidation
    • Medical expenses

It’s important to note that FreedomPlus isn’t available in every state, and the minimum loan amount varies in some areas.

StateMinimum loan amount
    Arizona$10,500
    Ohio$5,500
    Georgia$3,500

What fees does FreedomPlus charge?

FreedomPlus charges a one-time origination fee on its loans, which is a percentage taken out of the total loan amount. This percentage can be anywhere from 0% to 5%. There are zero early repayment fees, so you can pay back your loan in full anytime after the first payment.

The annual percentage rate (APR) of your loan varies based on your overall creditworthiness. Instead of basing your APR solely on your credit score, FreedomPlus’ credit professionals consider your past reliability and other factors. FreedomPlus’ APRs usually range from 7.99% to 29.99%.

Is FreedomPlus worth it?

FreedomPlus offers fast loans for every situation with amounts ranging from $7,500 to $40,000 and terms ranging from two to five years. The company doesn’t charge early repayment fees, so you’re able to pay off your loan early. If you’re in search of quick cash, FreedomPlus’ online loans could be the right option for you.

FreedomPlus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FreedomPlus?

Original review: July 14, 2021

I will never do business or refer anyone to this company for financial assistance ever again. This company has let us down countless times. We borrowed a personal loan for $40k and paid an origination few a few thousand as well. After a year of making payments we fell on hard times like the rest of the world during a global pandemic. They reduced our payments making them more affordable but we paid the price with interest. I was able to get a home equity loan to reduce this interest rate and reduce my monthly payment. I paid the account off for $40k a year later and paid over $12,000 in interest over that year but that wasn't enough. The payoff was a $1000 short so after consolidating my debt and I had to pay Freedom another $1000. Zero customer service, emails go unanswered, phone call are not returned, and overall just a horrible lender.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

This company was great at first, however, since I have been impacted by COVID, they are unwilling to assist me in any way. I asked for a ONE month deferment due to be laid off and they refuse to help or defer my payment because my account wasn't opened on or before May 1st, even though I have been a customer prior to this account and have always made my payments without fail. This is the only company I have dealt with that refuses to help but instead emails me a COVID resource guide, as if I haven't already used all the resources I have to make sure my bills are paid. It is sad to me that this company won't assist a customer during a financial hardship even though I was told at the time I first requested the deferment that I would later be able to defer once the account was 6 months old. It is now over 6 months old and they still won't help me. I will not be doing any more business with this company once this loan is paid off.

FreedomPlus response

April, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like an opportunity to discuss the mentioned concerns with you. One of our experienced team members will be reaching out to you shortly. We truly appreciate your review.

Get buying tips about Debt Consolidation Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 3, 2020

This was by far the easiest and fastest loan process my wife and I have ever experienced! I have waited longer to be approved for a car with my local bank. I highly recommend FreedomPlus for consolidating or home improvements. Thank you Kathi ** for your work with us.

FreedomPlus response

Our pleasure, Shon. Thank you for sharing with us how pleased you are with our service. Making sure we relieve our clients of their financial burdens remains a top priority. Be sure to contact our Loan Servicing Specialists if any questions come up. Thank you for being the best part of FreedomPlus!

Original review: April 23, 2020

At first this was a great company, the loan was easy to get. We received the loan before all of the Covid-19 lock-downs. Our income was affected by this and they have not been cooperative at all. All of the other companies were willing to work with us and put 2-3 payments on the end but not FreedomPlus. They told us that because our loan was new that there was nothing they could do. It should not matter how new the loan is. It's not like we chose to have our income affected.

FreedomPlus response

We're terribly sorry to hear you and your family have been financially impacted by the pandemic. Many of our clients are suffering from similar challenges. We are sorry to hear your request could not be fulfilled at the time. However, we encourage you to reconnect with our Loan Servicing Specialists at (800) 297-5879 to review any options that may now be available. Thank you for voicing your concerns with us today and for choosing FreedomPlus.

Original review: April 16, 2020

Don't even bother with these crooks. Reached out about a consolidation loan with them and they initially seemed nice enough. Went through all of the hoops they want you to go through and was quoted an interest rate, and said underwriting just needed to verify employment. They claim it took 5 days to reach HR and that they called several times a day, but my HR Manager said the number they left said they were unable to complete the call and that she never received another call after the initial message.

Finally after 5 days they call me and say oh we gave the incorrect number, have her call this one. They verify the same day and call me back with an interest rate 10% higher than what it was initially, claiming that since it took so long the interest rates skyrocketed in the mean time, even though interest rates are at a historic low right now. I respectfully declined because of the rate, they get rude and hang up. Fast forward a few weeks later and they call me stating my approval is about to expire and if I was still interested. I reconsider and decide to proceed knowing I'd most likely end up refinancing anyway after about 6 months, and it would be nice to only have the one payment. Get them more information, including my bank information (which I'm now worried about) and they call me the next day saying underwriting is now declining it because of my profession, that they are considering it high risk. Waste of time and very unprofessional company.

FreedomPlus response

We imagine this to be extremely frustrating, Mr. Kenneth **. This is certainly not the experience we'd prefer you to have. Our goal is to provide a simple way of obtaining financial freedom for our clients. If you still have concerns regarding your eligibility, please contact our Loan Consultants at (800) 297-5879. We appreciate the feedback and thank you for choosing FreedomPlus.

Original review: April 4, 2020

The process was quick and painless. I would highly recommend my loan expert I worked with. He was efficient and explained everything well. The entire process went so fast and there was was really minimal items I had to do. My loan officer was very personable too. I would highly recommend this company to a friend.

FreedomPlus response

Welcome to FreedomPlus! Thank you, Allison, for speaking so kindly about your Loan Consultant. We're glad to hear how pleased you are with the service that's been provided. Please know our advocates in Loan Servicing are also more than happy to answer any questions that come up. Thank you for choosing FreedomPlus to reach your financial goals!

Original review: March 31, 2020

From start to finish everything was professional! The person who called me was very professional Chris was outstanding letting me know what we needed to get the ball rolling, I could recommend this service to anyone. Thank you for being there!

FreedomPlus response

Thank you, Stanley, for sharing this amazing feedback! We appreciate you recommending our service to others and are glad to hear you're pleased with our efforts. Be sure to contact Loan Servicing if any questions come up. We're available Monday - Friday to support your needs. Thank you for choosing FreedomPlus. Here's to financial freedom!

Original review: March 28, 2020

Friendly agents across the board. Could not have asked for a better crew to assist me with this loan. Well done to all. If I need help in the future I will come to the experts in what they do. Freedomplus.

C **

FreedomPlus response

Welcome to FreedomPlus, Charles! We are thrilled to service your financial needs. We're also honored to be the financial solution to your concerns. Your feedback regarding our service is amazing and we appreciate you taking the time to share. Thank you for choosing FreedomPlus to reach your financial goals.

Original review: March 23, 2020

I first discovered FreedomPlus by way of Lending Tree. After supplying written assurance that my exploration into loan options would not result in a hard inquiry on my credit reports, I provided Lending Tree with requested information. Lending Tree indicated pre-approval with FreedomPlus, along with a few other lenders. The potential interest fee indicated per FreedomPlus was a rather wide range, so I contacted FreedomPlus by phone. I was told by a customer service representative that a hard inquiry on my credit report would ensue only if a chose to pursue an application. She proposed a personal loan with an outrageously high interest fee, over 28%. My credit score was excellent. I politely declined pursuing an application at that time.

Two months later, I contacted FreedomPlus again. I was told to finalize the application, understanding that my application was a continuation of the earlier one. I have since discovered that FreedomPlus, instead, treated both instances of contact as applications with two hard inquiries. The lack of transparency and clarity at FreedomPlus is concerning. I contacted FreedomPlus to request removal of the first hard inquiry. The representative was unclear as to my history with FreedomPlus, even after I explained the circumstances, and could not provide proof of said history. He then became rude when I challenged him and hung up on me.

FreedomPlus response

We are sorry to hear about the frustrations experienced when reviewing your options with us. Educating our potential clients about all details of our service remains a top priority. If you feel we were not 100% transparent in any manner, again, we apologize. We wish you all of the best in your financial endeavors. Thank you for considering FreedomPlus to serve your financial needs.

Original review: March 19, 2020

Customer service went above and beyond. Would definitely tell others about you guys. Very friendly and made it a very easy and pleasant experience. He answered every question that was asked and made sure I understood everything that was being done.

FreedomPlus response

Welcome to FreedomPlus, Daniel! We are excited about the opportunity to serve your financial needs. It is also an honor to hear how much you've enjoyed your experiences with us. We appreciate the recommendation as well. If any questions come up along the way, our Loan Servicing Specialists are available, Monday - Friday, to address your concerns. Feel free to email us anytime at customersupport@freedomplus.com. Thank you for choosing FreedomPlus!

Take a Financial Relief Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

FreedomPlus Company Information