Call toll free
4.31/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

FreedomPlus creates a unique lending experience by providing you with a personal consultation where you can discuss your financial goals and needs with a loan consultant over the phone. Through its simple yet sophisticated application and vetting process, FreedomPlus offers a custom rate based on your job profile, payment history, and several other factors—not just your credit score. You could even qualify for exclusive rate discounts from FreedomPlus just for applying with a co-borrower, using your loan to pay off debt, or having retirement assets. Contact us today to learn more about our service or to start your application process!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

453 FreedomPlus Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

After just receiving a rejection for a loan by Lending Club, I was not enthusiastic about trying another company as we couldn't comprehend why our credit score of 730 and no history of late or slow payments for over 40 years would have resulted in that decision. My wife, however, gave it another shot and input our loan request on the FreedomPlus website. Wow, immediately we received a pre-approved notification and a call from Amanda who proceeded to work with us to complete the online application and submssion of supporting documents. Well, within 6 hours we had final approval of the loan, with great terms and interest rate. This was the most pleasant, amazing, hassle free financial transaction we've experienced in a long time. Amanda was most patient, helpful and definitely a joy to work with. We definitely recommend using the services of FreedomPlus.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Consolidation Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 6, 2019

By 2015, my husband and I accumulated about $18000 in credit card debt and I began panicking. We were in our late 50’s so this could mean putting off retirement plans. However, he researched debt consolidation loans thoroughly and began a conversation with Joseph out of the Phoenix office. I am generally suspicious of “salespeople,” but Joseph was extremely informative, respectful and encouraging. We agreed to a loan that paid off our debt at 16% interest - 8 points lower than the credit card payment.

About 10 months ago, I started thinking about contacting my credit union and paying off my Freedom Plus loan with a personal loan. Before we did that, my husband asked that we re-contact Joseph to see what he could do. Again, Joseph listened respectfully, then said he really didn’t want to lose our business. What if Freedom Plus dropped the interest to 5%, and lowered our payment by over $100 a month? Of course, we agreed to that! Now we have 4 payment left and we are so grateful to Joseph and Freedom Plus for their much needed help and service. If you currently have a loan that you have paid faithfully for at least 2 years, try calling and renegotiating your rate, because in my experience, they are open to that. This company is the real deal!

Original review: March 6, 2019

This company is the REAL DEAL please believe! I contacted FreedomPlus on Sunday 3-3-2019, and spoke with (NIC **). It was around 5:30pm, and they close at 6:00pm. I was shocked they were even open on a Sunday, and I gave him all of my information to send it to the underwriting team. He told me the documents that, I needed to send which was my (last paycheck stub, a voided check, and a copy of my license). They also only pull 1 credit bureau to see if you are approved which is EXPERIAN. He told me he would call me in the morning to proceed with processing my loan since they were about to close. Well Nic called me around 9:30pm, and told me he received all of my documents the night before. He said I was approved for the 20,000, and the interest rate would be 16.99%.

That was really high being that my credit score is a 751 FICO score with Experian, but after he explained everything. I accepted the loan, because I'm paying it off in 3 years which will only have a little over $5,000 interest on a 20,000 loan. He told me I could've gotten a lower interest rate and more money if I had a co-signer, or was affiliated with certain companies. I still wasn't too happy about the interest rate, because it is extremely high. Nevertheless, they approved me in less than 30 minutes, and I was so happy about being approved. Now they do have a daily interest rate, and it will total your annual interest rate. So you will be able to calculate just how much you will be looking to pay back towards the principal.

I got approved on 3-4-2019, and signed all of my documents. I received a email for my (WELCOME CALL), and spoke with (TERRENCE IN ARIZONA) on 3-5-3019 who was a sweetheart! He told me that my loan was funded and it will post to my checking account direct deposit in 2-3- days. Well today is 3-6-2019, and my funds have posted early this morning which was in (24 hours)! I am beyond happy, and love the fact that my money was deposited SUPER EARLY! Now I spoke with Terrence who went over everything with me regarding my loan again. He answered all of my questions, and was so courteous, polite, professional, and down to earth! I even called back later yesterday evening, and had more questions.

I like the fact when you call their customer service number they pick up IMMEDIATELY, and are sooo nice! They also let me know if I want to take my loan off (AUTO PAY) to call them (2) days in advance to my (DUE DATE). Also, if I pay my account online it will take (3 BUSINESS DAYS) to process and post being that they are not a bank. I can also pay over the phone, and if I do it will take (2 BUSINESS DAYS) to post. So if anyone is on auto pay please know it take 2 full business days before your due date to take you off auto pay. I'm a very thorough person, and I also overthink everything lol. I always over analyze everything, and will go over the same thing a million times. So I had a trillion questions, and everyone at FreedomPlus answered me, and took great care of me. I hope one day they will implement lower interest rates which will bring them even more business!

When I pay this loan off I'll be getting another loan with them to put down on my home! YAAAYYY! Plus, this loan is going to help boost my credit score even more with me having another installment loan. So if you are looking for a loan, and have good credit with the necessary documents to send them. You will be approved asap! AGAIN! Their interest rates are high, but you can't beat getting a large loan super fast, and with different options to pay like FreedomPlus. My loan specialist Nic ** also answer the phone as soon as I call him if I ever have questions. That is a huge plus for me, and he also is very helpful and professional. EVERYONE PLEASE CHOOSE FREEDOMPLUS! I PROMISE YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED, BECAUSE THIS COMPANY DELIVERS!!! :)

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I would like to say that I am very happy and blessed that my husband and I was able FreedomPlus! I would highly recommend the company. Every customer service representatives I spoke with was professional, kind and informative! My very first customer service representative was Nic **. During the call my cellphone lost service for hours due to a cellphone tower disruption. He advised via email that he tried calling me back several times to no avail and provided his information so we can continue where we left off and I’m so happy he did. I was very discouraged at the beginning because I had tried several personal loan companies before so I assumed I wouldn’t be approved with FreedomPlus based off my previous experience. Nic advised that he would first perform a soft credit check then move forward if all went well. To my surprise, we were approved! I was so happy it is truly a blessing!

We have been 35K in credit card debt for several years now not due to irresponsible spending just life situations. At the time it was a blessing being able to use the credit cards for food and bills when we didn’t have much but it was unfortunate that we were trapped with the compounding interest that left us pretty much stuck. I know besides my credit card utilization I have exceptional credit never missed or been late on a payment in 15 years but I’m a stay at home mother and my husband brings in the income. Many personal loan companies required I have individual income to even be considered. I know FreedomPlus didn’t have to approve us it’s definitely a risk they take with anyone they provide a unsecure personal loan too so I’m thankful they were understanding of our situation.

I also want to add the process for everything was extremely fast my credit cards were paid off in a week! Thank you so much for everything. We extremely satisfied customers. P.S. I want to tell everyone this company is legit. I’m aware because like myself I was suspicious at first. Wasn’t sure if it was scam or not. I researched and checked the Facebook page prior to and many other will agree having amazing experiences.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

"Sam" ** was extremely helpful and patient in helping me through the steps to get what we could to further help me on my journey to improve my credit score. Although there were obstacles because my credit score was not as desirable as most would like, I truly think that he believed I was trying to take the steps in the direction to get my credit score up, and did what he could to help me achieve that. He was extremely knowledgable about questions I had, and gave me good advice for my future credit status. I was able to complete all the information through my phone, and he even taught me things I didn't even know my smart phone could do. He spent a lot of the day on the phone with me, and answered every time I called, which I find very scarce nowadays. Very good experience! I hope he is still there when we re evaluate things in about 6 months!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FreedomPlus?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Very quick and easy process from start to finish. Loan was approved, processed and funded within 3 days. Excellent customer service and knowledgeable staff. I Highly recommend Freedom Plus for any financial needs that you may encounter or getting back on track if that is your end goal.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Just here to warn consumers about this company. My wife and I recently took out a debt consolidation loan for $40,000. The loan was easy enough to obtain and the loan officer seemed professional. Then comes the real dealing with the customer service and the group know as Freedom Financial Network. If you look up FreedomPlus on BBB you will find that they have an A+ rating. From what I have seen these are just the loan folks. Begin to deal with their customer service or should I say customer disservice and that is where the trouble lies.

I make my second payment to them and then have them debit an automatic payment as well. Apparently although I stated 100 times that I did not want this setup, they through it in the loan paperwork and as the loan officer was trying to push this through quickly we missed it. No major ordeal since you are allowed to cancel automatic payment at any time. But when I was debited twice and then followed their customer service advice to get the money back, FreedomPlus credited my account back twice and then claimed that I missed my payment and charged me over $65.00 in fees. When trying to work with customer service they insisted it was my fault. But they were willing to waive all fees if I once again allow them to pull the money from my account. They are just extortionists. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of these criminals!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Freedom Plus was very easy to work with. The loan specialist was excellent in explaining all the loan details to me. Got my funds in a few days. No more high interest credit card payments. I would recommend FreedomPlus to anyone indeed of debt consolidation.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

My experience with FreedomPlus was less than subpar. I waited over two weeks, jumped through unnecessary hoops, provided the documentation and my credit scores are in the good category. I had to continuously email my loan officer Edward ** for a status update. Luckily for me, I am glad that I don't have to deal with inconsiderate and inconsistency in communication.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

Pleasant, knowledgeable, professional, courteous, efficient, fast. Highly Recommend this company and their staff. In fact I have already sent a text message to a friend of mine just this morning telling her about this company and their staff and how fast and efficient and pleased I was with the assistance in curing my debts!!! She was thrilled to get the info Zi sent her and thanked me!

FreedomPlus expert review by Barbara Friedberg

FreedomPlus is an online lender that offers personal loans in the range of $10,000 to $40,000. Interested consumers can visit their website and fill out an application online. FreedomPlus goes beyond your credit report to help you qualify for a loan.

• How it works: FreedomPlus focuses on making their loan process simple and fast. You start out by filling out their online application and submitting it. Once you’ve submitted your application, you’ll speak with a loan consultant. Consultants looking beyond your credit report to make sure you qualify for the loan you need.

• Quick loan decisions: The time it takes to apply, speak with a consultant and have a decision is around two to three hours. Once a decision has been made, all documents are signed and uploaded the same day and your funds are available in as little as 3 days.

• Personal loan uses: FreedomPlus offer loans from $10,000 to $40,000 to be used for a variety of reasons. Major purchases like weddings, moving expenses, car maintenance and home improvement are some of the most popular reasons people use a FreedomPlus loan. Loans can also help you pay medical bills, consolidate debt and more.

• How much does it cost?: FreedomPlus loans come with rates ranging from 5.99 - 26.99 percent. APR ranges from 5.99 - 29.99 percent. You can get a loan term from two to five years with origination fees from zero to five percent.

• Online application: FreedomPlus’ online application is fast and easy. You’re asked questions about how much money you need, how good your credit score is, where you live and what you plan on using your loan for.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg