Call toll free
4.33/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc. is one of the largest privately held, non-bank lenders in the United States.

On February 2, 2017, HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc., completed the purchase of the operating assets of Prospect Mortgage, LLC from Prospect Holding Company, LLC.

In the last 25 years, HomeBridge has grown to include nearly 3,000 associates throughout its corporate offices, 250 retail branches and two wholesale divisions, HomeBridge Wholesale and REMN Wholesale.

HomeBridge holds FNMA, GNMA, FHLMC, FHA and VA approvals and funded nearly $10 billion in home loans in 2016. The company securitizes the majority of its production and as of January 2017 its servicing portfolio totaled $17 billion.

More information on HomeBridge can be found online at www.HomeBridge.com .

View More View More

722 Homebridge Financial Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

It’s the second time I bought a home and the real estate agent recommended a Homebridge person. The process was typical to the last time I obtained a mortgage and the whole application and underwriting took about 60 days to finish. I got everything that they need at the very beginning but they came back with questions about the new items. Still, the rep, Richard, was very good. He always answered his phone and he did things quickly. The rate was also fine and was within the market.

Good morning,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review! We're happy to hear that you had a positive experience with Homebridge and we appreciate your feedback.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

We financed a home with Homebridge FS. Big mistake. We were treated from the beginning very bad, during the process of purchasing the loan even though we were putting down 33% of the value of the home, had hundreds of thousands of dollars in 401 K plans, jobs that were paying in the $300 k a year and over 800 credit score.

To make it even worst on Jul 16 the principal was $55541.59. I did send 2 checks to HFS that were cashed as follows: (one for 54 K cashed on 07 16 2018 and another one cashed by HFS on 07/17/2018. Our next payment was not due until Aug 1st 2018. So we thought that we are in the clear and waited to hear from HFS. In the beginning of August my wife called them and was told that they do not have yet the paperwork together but will call her back in 2 days. NOBODY called and eventually I called on August 13 2018, when I found out after I talked to 3 Customer service that the payment of $1541.59 was never applied to my account and now we were due to pay another $79.29 -that included a $62 late fee.

I asked the Customer service why the $1541.59 the remaining balance on our principal was not applied not even after on the 13th of August I made a ACH Payment for the $79.29 balance. Turned out it was not paid and on the 17th of August 2018 HBS sent a letter where is telling us that we are delinquent on paying the August payment. Worst mortgage company ever, AVOID doing business.

Good morning,

during your experience with Homebridge. We’d like to learn more about the specifics of your experience. A member of our Customer Commitment team will be contacting you shortly to discuss further.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I was with another lender, but my loan officer, Carlie, moved to Homebridge and I had already started the process with her. She matched the interest rates and I went ahead and stuck with her. Also, she matched my personality. She works for Homebridge, but I felt like she was looking up for me. It was kind of mutual, her taking care of me as a customer and taking care of Homebridge affairs because that is the company she represents. I came in with the name of the company that she came from. Homebridge had me at 5% and then her old boss reached out to me and he offered the rate that I have. It’s about 4.875. Carlie said that they were gonna match it up and they were not gonna lose me as a customer. Her boss was not gonna allow that over whatever percent that was. I wasn’t trying to throw that out there like I had with the deal, but she initiated it because she probably has more experience with that than I do.

The application and underwriting process was just a few weeks. I had a couple of hiccups but they weren’t major ones. We were able to catch them and as long as we were able to identify it and rectify it, it wasn’t really a big deal. Overall, it was a good experience. I just made my first payment and it was easier when I’m accustomed to, like any other bill versus having to go above and beyond for something like home mortgages. Overall, everything is okay.

Good morning Edgar,

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

We got a traditional mortgage with Homebridge Financial Services and the few times I talked to their reps, they were very helpful. They answered all my questions and were very polite all the time. When we started working on the loan, the process wasn't complicated. Everything was very smooth and their reps always communicated to us about what we needed to do. It took a bit longer though because the house was under construction at the time, but they did great with us.

Good morning Jose,

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

We looked into a mortgage for a new home and Homebridge was recommended by my real estate agent. This is probably the sixth mortgage I’ve ever done, but it was pretty simple. I got the upfront list of things, provide those to them, and we just got it done. The application to approval took a little bit less than 21 days to the final approval. The loan originator Sandy was great and very responsive by email and by phone. I also got a good rate. The whole experience was great. From the time that I flew down to the desert to look at the property till our close date was exactly 30 days. I can’t ask for better than that. I’d recommend the process and I’d tell everybody.

Good morning Bill,

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc.?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I lost my job and started missing my mortgage payments. During the process of trying to repair my life, foreclosure was filed against me. Before the foreclosure auction date that would have forced me out of my home with my children and no place to go, I was able to file bankruptcy to stop the foreclosure. During the first week of the bankruptcy I was offered a new chance at a secure life but it would require me to relocate to Florida. Being willing to do so and not wanting a bankruptcy on my credit, I stopped the bankruptcy proceedings, while same time I was fortunate enough to find a buyer for my home, so I'm thinking WIN WIN for everyone involved.

My first action was to do a short sale so I contacted my mortgage company to start the procedure and that's when all the lies from them started. First, they agreed to settle for 166.000 in the short sale but required the process to unfold as it was to do. During this time my buyer was ready to close within a few days and I shared that with my mortgage company. They assured me all would be ok and no problem, we would have this approved by closing date. Closing date came and I was told to ask my buyer to extend closing date for an extra week and once again, "YES WE WILL GET YOU APPROVED BY THEN." After this went on and on and this one person who appeared to just enjoy delaying me time after time after time and demanding more paperwork after more paperwork after more paperwork (most if it already submitted more than once!)

It came to be that my buyer decided to back out because of all the not organized procedure time and time again. Now my buyer was gone and all because I could not simply get a payoff letter from my mortgage company with the amount for payoff being what was agreed on. At that point I tried to speak to several people within the office that all promised the same thing (Craig ** being the biggest disappointment of all!)... "CAN'T BELIEVE HE DID THAT TO YOU, DON'T WORRY WE WILL GET THIS APPROVED FOR YOU SO YOU CAN MOVE FORWARD WITH YOUR LIFE. DONT WORRY!"

Now, after all of this back and forth work and talk to get to nothing resolved, I asked once again for the mortgage company to assist me. I told them we agreed to settle for 166,000 but they forced my buyer away, so now, I'm still reaching out to resolve this and try to walk away with us all being at least content so, with the fees and interest and all else that was on the current payoff, it was too much for my buyer to even consider but if they would simply work with and take some of the fees off the current payoff, I could still make this work and have their money in 24 hours paid from the time of me receiving the payoff letter, so my request was, "You agreed to settle for 166,000, you delayed purposefully and forced my buyer to back out, so now the payoff is 205,000, and what I'm asking for is to simply get my payoff from 205,000 back to as close to my original payoff of 185,000 as possible, and I'll pay this off in 24 hours!"

After all the promises yet once again of, "Yes sure we can do that," then next day, "No we won't do that, my manager said no," and me speaking once again to an entirely new set of people all saying the same thing... "Yes we will get that done and the new payoff letter to you shortly," to now, "No, we are keeping the payoff at 205,000." I'm at the point of nervous breakdown and all of this appears to simply be due to someone sitting at a desk playing with my life, and I have proof of all said, and it's just not fair. So many complaints against this company after I finally looked to see what others said about them and now I feel trapped with no way out.

Hi,

We're sorry to hear that you had less that perfect experience with us! Please send more detailed information about the situation, as I am here to assist. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to address the issue.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Working with Homebridge made our house buying a breeze. Everything went very well, and I would only recommend Homebridge for your next House buying. All the agents we worked with where all super informative and knowledgeable. Absolutely no problems from start to finish.

Hi Thomas,

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Brian ** was our MLO. Brian and Margrietta ** (Loan Processor) took very good care of us. They kept us informed and were very efficient and effective at getting the loan processed and funded. They were also very patient and workable as we all worked around a hail storm that required a new roof to be installed before closing. Shout out to Homebridge! We will be using Brian and his team again!

Good morning!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I had a great experience with Homebridge, specifically Patrick and Clint. They were available to us almost all the time and quick to respond to issues that arose. We gave them a time window to be completed and they were agreeable to that time condition and worked quick to meet that deadline. Many friends and family expressed frustration and irritation with the loan process, we however did not experience that. In fact we had a great experience with Homebridge and thoroughly enjoyed it.

My only constructive feedback: The loan processor was a bit confrontational at times and when we did not understand the requests needed it was not explained to us how to resolve issues, the processor simply repeated the request without assistance. My suggestion would be to try to listen to customer issues first and try to resolve them from the customer's perspective. We understand that processor's job is to make sure documentation is acceptable and completed, however the experience can be made easier by changing their view as a partner of the customer and finding ways to help resolve issues that can frustrate a customer. This will make the process move along quicker without issues.

Good morning!

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review! We're happy to hear about the experience you had with Homebridge. We appreciate and value your feedback and will share your comments with our team.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Tom ** was my contact through my refinance. He was thorough & compassionate about my situation, while trying to keep my home of 20 years. My credit was in rough shape and he assisted in helping me improve it so I could refinance at the best rate possible. I would do it all again with HomeBridge.

Hi Jan,

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Michelle ** and Derek are awesome!! They helped me purchase 3 homes in the last 2 years and Michelle takes a lot of stress out of the whole process. She knows her job very well, is super intelligent, works incredibly hard and is always so personable and upbeat. I would recommend her to anyone and will go nowhere else for a home refinance or purchase.

Hi Travis,

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I was buying another house and I talked to Homebridge's office about breaking down the loan over the phone. But the guy didn't know what was going on and he couldn't answer my questions. I stayed with Homebridge because of Marianne. I liked her. She was efficient and did a good job. The process was long but she made it happen. But it was too difficult. Homebridge should do no more emailing. It doesn’t work. I’m not an emailer and it was terrible. They should go with just a pen and a paper. Homebridge has way too high interest rates also. My credit score is over 800 but I got a 4.75 rate which is unbelievably high for my hard work. It was crazy. I wanted like a 2 or a 3. I gotta go with Chase for my next loan.

Hi,

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Homebridge was great and they were good to work with. I initially dealt with Michael and he pointed us in the right direction. We had an offer prior that he worked on as well. We didn’t get the price but it worked out for the best. This one was a good experience and the whole team was helpful. The process was good and from my end, everything was fine. We were okay with all the terms and the rate that we are at for the time that we were in.

Good morning Thomas,

Original review: July 25, 2018

My wife and I worked with Shannon and her team at Homebridge Financial in Prescott, AZ to arrange for a mortgage for our new-build home. What a terrific experience it was. Shannon was knowledgeable and spoke real people language when explaining our options. I knew at every step of the way where we were in the process. She went to bat for us with management at Homebridge on honoring a quoted interest rate-lock, argued our case and made sure it was honored. I can't begin to express my appreciation for Shannon and the Homebridge team. They were on our side all the way!

Hi Becky,

Original review: July 22, 2018

Our real estate agent recommended Homebridge Financial and I was given a number of a woman who works there. I touched base with the woman and she walked me through the process. My loan organizer was Jaime and she was easy to get a hold of whenever I needed to. She would get right back if I called and she didn’t answer. But most of the time, she was very available. We have a 30-year fixed rate loan and it took a month for the total application and underwriting process. Homebridge was easy to work with and they did everything in their power to make the process as smooth as possible.

Hi Wesley,

Original review: July 18, 2018

We have good experience with one of the loan officers at Homebridge Financial Services. He is a good friend of my husband, and he did a couple of other loans also and resolved them. He's usually very nice and he always called back if he did not pick up the call, or if he was busy. He always answered the email for that message and was very quick. His service was good. The application process was good and he did most of the work. He gave the answer in two to three days about the approval. However, because it is a small town, there were some issues with the title and with the abstract. So, it took a little longer time to close the loan. But, application-wise, it was okay.

They gave us a good interest rate that made the installment smaller and the down payment was fine. However, they bound the escrow account, which I don't like. I wanted to pay with the insurance, my own company, but they put in the escrow account so every month, we have to pay the insurance and the escrow account. It would make my installment large. Nonetheless, Homebridge is a good company and I will recommend my loan officer again. We liked his service.

Hi Ravinder,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review! We're happy to hear that you had a positive experience with HomeBridge and we appreciate your feedback.

Original review: July 15, 2018

We bought a condo here in Florida and our real estate agent recommended Homebridge to take care of our mortgage. The loan originators were friendly and I like that the documents were sent out electronically. They sent us forms and we filled them out online and that made it easy for us. And they were very prompt in their responses. I was very comfortable with them. Also, the rate seemed to be reasonable. Our sellers wanted a 60-day closing so the application and underwriting process was based on that and it worked out.

Good Afternoon Patricia,

Original review: July 13, 2018

So just days of me closing on my house with Homebridge my loan was sold to Cenlar. This has been a nightmare. I made my first payment to Homebridge and apparently it should have went to Cenlar. I get several calls a day from the new company harassing me about payments and they are tacking on late fees but nobody knows where my first payment is. I figured I would use Homebridge cause of all, the good reviews and seems like it would have kept my loan local. Well I guess Homebridge didn't want. Must have been cause it's a VA loan and maybe they dislike veterans.

Hi Brett,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. We are sorry to hear that you feel you received less than the highest tier of customer service during your experience with HomeBridge. We’d like to learn more about the specifics of your experience. A member of our Customer Commitment team will be contacting you shortly to discuss further.

Original review: July 13, 2018

The realtor pointed me to Homebridge for my mortgage when I was buying another home. The minutiae of requirements and proving income were very frustrating and the incessant paperwork requirements was overkill. But other than that, it was all right. It was no worse and no better than anybody else. The application and underwriting process took weeks and the processor helped me through it. He was very diligent and very thorough. It all worked out fine in the end.

Good Afternoon Robert,

Original review: July 11, 2018

We were purchasing a home and HomeBridge Financial Services was recommended by our agent. I then looked at other companies and banks and decided to go with them as the seller wanted to close as soon as possible. Their application was pretty quick. We put in our application and they talked about the process with us and they gave us a pre-approval within minutes. The actual applying for the loan took a couple of days because of paperwork that they needed to be handed to them and e-mailed over. Anything that we may have missed also went through pretty quickly and we were able to close within 10 days.

We worked with two loan originators. We started out with one and then the other partner took over. Both of them were very good at answering our questions and getting back to us quickly with responses or anything that we needed. They called us back to let us know. We did everything through e-mail, which was great because it was easy and very convenient for us since I was in one state and my husband was in Colorado. They were professional, worked very well with us and answered all our questions and helped us in every way that we needed to be helped.

Their rate was pretty competitive to other banks and companies. The only thing was that at closing, I had asked if we could get into automatic payments and she said something would be sent to me and I got a little scared because I got the payment notice and yet I hadn’t received yet the way to get into the automatic payment. It’s hard for me to get and set it all up for automatic payment. But finally, it was all done and I called and they confirmed everything had gone in correctly. Other than that, they were very nice to work with. I would recommend HomeBridge because of their speedy methods in trying to get us into our new home and the fact that also they are pretty comfortable to watch out there.

Hi Eva,

Original review: July 10, 2018

Everything is on track with HomeBridge Financial Services. I like their people and how they approached and helped me out. Getting a mortgage is a long process going through all the steps but they handled it great. Their rate is okay. I have a good credit history, but my wife had a little bit lower history, so they have to go with hers. They had a good group of people working with us. All of our interactions was through e-mail and Eva did a great job and kept us posted with anything that we needed in the future so we are prepared. They’re actually prepared with what we needed and ahead of time. The transition was also smooth.

Hi Krystian,

Original review: July 9, 2018

Katie ** was fantastic. She is so professional, upbeat, thorough. I purposely met here before I chose Homebridge because I like to know whom Im dealing with and I liked her from the start. You wouldnt want to lose her.

Hi William,

Original review: July 9, 2018

Words can't express how thankful I am to Scott and his team at HomeBridge.They held my hand the whole way through and were available 24/7 to answer any and all questions. This was our first time purchasing a home and I expected to be terrified and nervous but after my first meeting with Scott and the team I knew I was in the best hands possible. I would recommend HomeBridge 1000x over to anyone looking to purchase a home.

Hi Celecia,

Original review: July 7, 2018

I bought a house for the first time and my realtor helped me look into a mortgage and got the financial paper for me. The builder reneged on the dates and I kept renewing my paperwork with the lender. And the process took a couple of months but everything went smooth with HomeBridge. They were always willing to go beyond to help me get this house. Pete seemed to be up on his toes on everything. He taught me a lot and impressed me with his knowledge. HomeBridge was excellent and I feel great about the mortgage I got.

Hi Kenneth,

Original review: July 6, 2018

I love the fact we got to do everything thru email. I do not like talking on the phone at all. I am very grateful that I dealt with such amazing people. It was very easy and understandable to my knowledge and when I did not understand I asked and received a response very quickly! They were there and still are there for me. When I do not understand anything I can just email them and get an answer. Thank You, Robert and Trystan for helping me!!!

Good Morning Maria,

Original review: July 6, 2018

I have not purchased a home in a long time and when dealing with Mike ** he made this process smooth and easy. I would highly recommend him to future home buyers. Mike is professional and straightforward on what could be done and what can not. HomeBridge has a special employee in Mike and wish there were more like him to work with.

Good Morning Donato,

Original review: July 6, 2018

A fantastic loan process. Very professional. The team that take care of my loan were very good people. Good customer service and reliable sources. I will recommend to my friends and family keep the good work and Caine's God bless you all.

Good Morning Jose,

Original review: July 6, 2018

We had such a great experience using HomeBridge for our home financing needs. They are all so nice to work with and the systems they use to e-sign everything and upload documents is very user-friendly and up to date. Working with Patrick and the team was 110% enjoyable!

Good Morning Christopher,

Original review: July 6, 2018

Marion was always available to answer any question I had. She made the whole process very easy and always let me know what was going on and explained anything that I did not understand. As a first time homebuyer I had a lot of questions and needed a lot of information.

Good Morning Brittany,

Original review: July 6, 2018

My house was in an owner finance and I had to refinance. My brother referred me to Homebridge and I was skeptical about refinancing or how to go about it but they walked me through it. They were with me every step of the way and I appreciated them for that. They gave me the confidence and the encouragement to continue with them. When I applied, I had to send a lot of paperwork and for every question I had, they answered. They also kept me up-to-date everyday. If I lacked anything, they called me right away and emails were addressed within the hour. They were very attentive to me and responsive. They were there for me for anything that I needed. It was very personal to me and I appreciated that. The process took less than 30 days and it was a great experience overall. They were awesome and I would refer HomeBridge Financial to others.

Hi Maritza,

Homebridge Financial Services Company Information

HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc.
194 Wood Avenue South, Ninth Floor