Call toll free
4.14/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

“Homebridge Financial Services, Inc. (Homebridge), is one of the top 10 privately held, non-bank mortgage lending firms in the U.S. For more than 25 years, Homebridge’s vision has been to make the dream of home ownership a reality for every customer. Homebridge strives to do this by making the complicated mortgage lending experience simple, easy and transparent for everyone involved.

Mortgages, unlike almost any other financial transaction, rely on a variety of factors in determining the rate and amount a borrower can qualify for. In today’s on-demand and digital economy, Homebridge knows customers benefit the most by dealing with experts, not just algorithms. Homebridge’s success is based on hiring local market experts who understand existing regulations and work with borrowers to secure the best rate and type of mortgage, tailored to the borrower’s unique financial situation and goals.

The result is an elevated level of service that ensures an easy home buying process for everyone Homebridge works with, including real estate agents, the home builder community, and most importantly, the borrower.”

View More View More

832 Homebridge Financial Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 18, 2019

I wanted to buy a house. I was looking at this house and a realtor led me to Homebridge Financial Services. I then decided to get a USVA loan from them and they were an awesome company. I filled out my application over the phone and they helped me with it. A lady then called me back and took my information. That whole process didn't take long and went like clockwork. While I was comfortable with the process of getting the loan and it didn't take long, it was a little frustrating because Homebridge told me that the loan was a government loan and they asked for certain things. I had to get some things straight with my situation once I first got started and then after I did that, I had to wait because of the type of loan that I was dealing with.

Since the government was in my stuff, when I took money to the bank, they wanted to know where it came from. That made me a little frustrated. Someone should have told me to not put money in the bank because of that. Also, something wasn’t done correctly on my taxes and that really set back the process for six months since you have to wait six months to get things like that corrected. I was a little upset, but that was the process. But then I came back with the whole thing amended and the process moved on properly.

Working with Homebridge was really awesome though. The man I worked with helped me and was comforting. He called me every step of the way, asking me if I was okay, if I've found a house, and how was everything going. Then, since I wasn't gonna deal with the computer, I went over to their office and he was there. He helped me scan things, write a letter using such and such, and if there was something I didn't understand, I would ask him and he would explain it to me.

I also worked with Amanda and she was awesome as well. I started dealing with Dallas but then we would only talk via email. I learned how to send emails via my phone and then I would call Amanda and it seemed like she was working more closely with Dallas. I would also call Amanda if I was having a problem and she would always answer her phone. I would probably go back to them so they can help me with something else I’m trying to do.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Hello, Jacqueline! We work hard to meet your expectations and we’re happy to hear we accomplished our goal. Thank you for trusting Homebridge with such a special milestone in your life!

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I applied for a 30-year fixed loan pre-approval before we even found our place because I knew our place would sell fast, and it did. It sold in four days. So, I knew we had to have stuff lined up and ready. The entire process with Homebridge took probably five weeks and things went okay. The only problem I had with them was having so much stuff done on the computer like doing the electric signing.

The lady who stayed on the phone with me gave me all the information, and I had it all ready for her. She told me which buttons to hit and sent me everything. She was very nice. I told her that our life is in folders so I took those to her ‘cause I didn’t feel comfortable with doing it online. I’m 72 years old and it was very challenging for me, but I'm sure my kids would have loved it. She didn’t know that we were coming in that day. I was just gonna drop the information but she came right out and said, “Come on in, sit down.” She took the time to go over the stuff and reassure us which I really appreciated. And when she was gonna trade those off to the underwriters, she always sent me an email.

However, their rates were higher than the last place we bought. But we had a very bad experience the last time two years before with Bank of America. We’d lived in the place for four years and bought it after two. There were no problems with our credit but ten days before closing, they called and said that they weren't gonna give us our loan just because they didn't like our HOA. And so, our seller financed us. She knew us from being her renters for two years, and she felt very comfortable doing that with us. We didn’t have the closing fees then. So now, we were shocked to have all these charges with Homebridge. But that’s what happens when you go through a mortgage company. Nevertheless, I would have no problem recommending them.

Hi Susan,

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Initially, I went through Chase because that was who we had our mortgage with. However, there was not a lot of knowledge behind it and it was frustrating. My sister used Homebridge and I sought out Michelle, my loan originator. I met her once when my sister was going through the process when she was purchasing her own little place not too long ago. The Chase rep was nice enough, but when I told them that I was reaching somewhere else and that I wanted to know what my options were, they started getting a bit pushy and I didn't like that at all. I turned and reached out to Michelle and we stuck with her.

We had a lot of complications trying to get a lot of paperwork together, but Michelle was extremely helpful. She would turn around and go back to whoever she has to answer to and ask if she got stuck with something or needed further assistance. She knew how she'd reach out to her superiors and they made it work. Even if I had any additional questions, I felt really comfortable calling her. She was extremely personal and I feel like I made a friend along the way. It was because of her that made everything go smoother. Even when my husband's home, I'm pretty much on my own but she always made herself available. Everyone at Homebridge took a part in this to make it happen, but she had a huge part in it.

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for allowing Homebridge to be part of your home financing journey and taking the time to leave a review for Michelle! We agree, Michelle goes above and beyond and we’re glad to have her on our team.

Original review: July 11, 2018

We were purchasing a home and HomeBridge Financial Services was recommended by our agent. I then looked at other companies and banks and decided to go with them as the seller wanted to close as soon as possible. Their application was pretty quick. We put in our application and they talked about the process with us and they gave us a pre-approval within minutes. The actual applying for the loan took a couple of days because of paperwork that they needed to be handed to them and e-mailed over. Anything that we may have missed also went through pretty quickly and we were able to close within 10 days.

We worked with two loan originators. We started out with one and then the other partner took over. Both of them were very good at answering our questions and getting back to us quickly with responses or anything that we needed. They called us back to let us know. We did everything through e-mail, which was great because it was easy and very convenient for us since I was in one state and my husband was in Colorado. They were professional, worked very well with us and answered all our questions and helped us in every way that we needed to be helped.

Their rate was pretty competitive to other banks and companies. The only thing was that at closing, I had asked if we could get into automatic payments and she said something would be sent to me and I got a little scared because I got the payment notice and yet I hadn’t received yet the way to get into the automatic payment. It’s hard for me to get and set it all up for automatic payment. But finally, it was all done and I called and they confirmed everything had gone in correctly. Other than that, they were very nice to work with. I would recommend HomeBridge because of their speedy methods in trying to get us into our new home and the fact that also they are pretty comfortable to watch out there.

Hi Eva,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review! We're happy to hear that you had a positive experience with HomeBridge and we appreciate your feedback.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I wanted to buy a house so I looked into a mortgage. The application process with Homebridge Financial Services was very good. Their rep, Sel, came highly recommended from a number of friends. I was a difficult case because I haven't bought a house in many years, but Sel helped us to put it together and get all the stuff we needed for it to work. The application and underwriting process took around 30 to 40 days.

The only thing that I have an issue with now is I got a construction mortgage and to get the funds for my contractor to start was a hassle. The guidelines for releasing funds to the contractor was making us take a long time. This guy should be able to come in, do all the work he needs to do, have the money for the materials, and then get paid for the second part of it. Homebridge is only gonna pay 50% of the materials and it's not a normal way to do any construction jobs. And I'm barely keeping this guy on the hook. As a result of this process, I have to live in an unfinished house for four or five months. That's how long it was gonna take to get part of it done and get enough money to buy the rest of materials for the rest of the house. It's gonna be into the fall by the time I have a finished house and that's not fair.

I'm borrowing the money, so it's my money. Homebridge should simply release 50% of the construction money. I'll have this thing wrapped up in 60 days. This guy will be gone. It will be 100% done and then we can have the inspector come out and get the rest of the money. But the way they're doing it, I can't get half of the money and there was no way to get half of the money unless half of the work is done. I can't get the contractor to come out and start and work for five days so we can get $15,000 and have enough to buy the rest of materials. It's a logistical nightmare for me.

The contractor I was gonna use was my brother but I wasn't allowed to and I wound up using somebody else. My brother might had done the whole job and completed it and got paid, but this guy won't. My brother would have been able to deal with this $30,000 construction with no problem. He would have got it done in 30 or 45 days. But now, we've been in the house for seven weeks. We got the contractor to do some of the work enough until we can get enough money to do some more work. We're gonna have to do this again and it's really frustrating. There's no contractor that does work without getting paid for at least the materials and some of the labor upfront. They always get a deposit enough to cover the materials. The deposit that I'm offered from Homebridge is 50% of the materials, but that doesn't work and it doesn't get the thing off the ground. So, we got to get things started and do it out of our pocket.

We're asking the contractor to now buy the materials to finish the job and wait for another six weeks. This is a tough position to be in. They're putting me in a position where the only way to get this done quickly is if I borrow money again from somebody else. However, the loan officers, Gail and Selman, were fantastic. They helped us get everything through. We're excited about the home and we love it. Homebridge is a great mortgage company, but the terms of dispersing the money to the contractor make it impossible to get this done in a reasonable amount of time and enjoy the house.

I would still recommend Homebridge but they got to tell people upfront that they're gonna have to get through this construction process and they have to find somebody willing to do it without getting any money upfront. If I knew that upfront, I would have saved more money. A couple of days after the closing, I had been waiting to buy a new car because I needed the money for the closing. I went and bought a car, but I wouldn't have done that if I knew that these were the rules of the disbursement. I would have used that money to get the construction going. And I didn't find out until last week or the weeks before when I spoke to the girl that they were gonna only pay for 50% of the materials. There was so much going on with getting the loan in place and getting to the closing table that there wasn't a lot of instructions given how do we get the money to build the house to fix it. I love the company and I'm happy. I would go to Homebridge again.

Good Morning Andrew,

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc.?

Original review: May 9, 2019

Lisa ** KAuai office has been always awesome! Great help! She’s always there when I have a question. Always helping. She is also a friend. Met her with my first home. I will always refer buyers to her. Down to earth and honest.

Hi Janelle,

Thank you for working with Homebridge and thanks for the positive feedback! We really appreciate it!

Original review: May 2, 2019

Great experience for our first time buying a home. Thanks to Tim **, everything was seamless and easy to execute on our end from a paperwork standpoint. Tim was always available to answer any questions and very pleasant. We are now enjoying our new home purchase!

Hi Angela and Patrick,

Congratulations on the new home! We are happy to hear you had such a wonderful experience!

Original review: April 29, 2019

I was making a subsequent home purchase, and Homebridge was initially recommended by my real estate agent. I had a few conversations with the mortgage broker and ran through the paperwork process. Everything was done electronically for the most part, like PDFs. There was some back and forth with my buying and selling the house, but the whole process was about 40 days. I worked most closely with Brian and I appreciate that he was available. We had to take care of some things on some nights in the weekends, here and there, and answer questions, and sometimes you need something that can’t wait until Monday. The rate of the mortgage was good and competitive. One thing that ended up being cheaper was I had to pay PMI, and the Homebridge PMI amount was significantly less than the other bank's. Overall, it was a good experience with Homebridge. Everything went well.

Hi Dustin,

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: April 26, 2019

I got a mortgage from HomeBridge Financial Services for a new home purchase. I had to choose them because it went through the builder so I felt stuck with HomeBridge. Their application process wasn’t bad. However, there were a few glitches here and there and there was a lack of communication. The house was a new build, we started the process six months before the actual close. I would have never done it if I was getting it on my own because. They kept needing the same documentation over and over every single month. It was very tiring to continue to present that information. They kept saying that the closers need to have the documents but we’re not closing for six plus months. They ran my credit report and asked me for bank accounts five times. That was frustrating and I didn’t enjoy that at all. The application and underwriting process took about seven months. We got delayed.

The loan officer was very nice at the beginning when we first started. But as we started getting into it, his communication just fell off. The administrator was very nice, but she was stuck between a rock and a hard place. She didn’t have the authority of the loan officer, and she was at the mercy of the underwriter to get the paperwork and she was trying to be as friendly as possible.

The rate and terms that I received from HomeBridge were standard. I checked the rates, and they were comparative to other places. I had to go back to them about getting a better appraise. Their first appraisal came back at almost half of what was the regular within the neighborhood and I challenged it. I had to use them because they were giving a $15,000 closing cost credit. I told the loan officer, “Look, I know you can adjust the rates based on customers and based on credit ratings and I can tell you exactly where I am and what rate I should get. And this is the rate that I want, so if you provide me with anything higher, I’ll toss the $15,000 out the window. I don’t care. I’ll go to a different bank.” They did a second appraisal and a comparison with three places that I had to go find. I felt that I was doing their job for them. It was a bit disappointing. They weren't horrible but I would never use HomeBridge again and I would not recommend them.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Jonathan, thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. Customer service is a top priority for Homebridge. We’re sorry to hear about your experience. You will find a direct message in your inbox to get more information about the situation.

Original review: April 25, 2019

We were buying a new house and Homebridge's application and underwriting process didn't take very long at all. But in terms of the rate and terms of the mortgage we received, it could have been lower. Also, the biggest holdup we had was the buyers of our house. It took them freaking long. Other than that, everything was good and Homebridge was great.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for giving our Homebridge team the opportunity to help with your home financing. We appreciate your trust and are grateful you took time out of your day to leave us this review.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: April 24, 2019

I trusted my realtor, the person who showed us the homes, and used Homebridge Financial Services. However, the experience was not so good. It felt like everything was always getting lost. They would ask me for the same things in three different ways and it was really frustrating. I felt like I was being targeted because I’m self-employed. I’ve been preparing to buy a home for almost two and a half years. I get that in 2014 the rules were changed because everybody was getting loans that they couldn't pay back and I totally respect that. But it was just so difficult mentally and physically, I was sick, literally, over the whole thing. I know why I pushed through though. I've been looking for a spot like this for three years. We’ve only been there a month and I’ve gotta have $10,000 worth of worth to put a French drain around the house because we’re chronically being flooded out.

I called Jess. She said that it was a course and asked if I approved of the course. I said that I’d pay $75 and asked if the course was something I could finish in a night. She said I could do it in a couple of nights. It took well over 30 hours. I’m running a business. I’m taking care of my dad. I’m trying to go through getting a loan.

I bought a new car in 2016 and paid ahead four times in two and a half years. The underwriter would not accept it. I went to the bank and I had to go back until 2016 and show Homebridge every payment. But because I did double payments on some months, there were a few months that showed no payment and they were looking at it as if I didn't make a payment. It took three trips to the bank. My bank finally called the underwriter and ended up sending the same letter they sent me the first time. Homebridge finally approved it.

They also asked me for obvious things. They asked how long I have been in business and said that they needed a business license. I gave my occupancy permit because that was what I had. I couldn't run a business without it. And they said that they needed the business permit so I went to my bank for the fourth time due to all these hoops Homebridge wants me to jump through.

I felt like the spawn of Satan was coming up through the woodwork with the underwriters. I've told them we made over $350,000 in my business, but they don't believe me. I said that I was trying to run a business and have 22 people that work for me. Then, Homebridge asked me to do other work which I've already provided them with, which they either lost or want to be written in a different way. It got so frustrating that I almost walked away twice. At one point they said they needed a copy of the check for $1,000. I said that I gave them a copy for 500 for the loan application and 500 for something else. At the end of the day, they said that they messed up and never asked me for the $1000 check. I spent three days on a weekend freaking out.

Wendy was very kind but she was only gonna do what the underwriters tell her to do. I am the most patient in the world, but they got the best of me. There are so many people who ask why am I going with Homebridge. I said that I so deep into it that I don’t know how to change it. Then the lawyer said that I was gonna get information and that they were gonna send the copy of the mortgage to me in two weeks. It has been seven weeks. I sent Wendy a text a couple of days ago. I said that I never received anything and wanna know what the property line was. She said that was Jessica’s problem, not hers. I spent 4:30 this morning before I got to work looking through all my old emails and sent a note telling Jess that I never got a copy of the mortgage. Homebridge's whole process was not very good.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Hi Barbara, I’m very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us! I sent you a direct message to get more information about the situation.

Original review: April 24, 2019

From the start to the end, the staff at Homebridge was great. Our loan officer Marion was the best- never matter when I texted, emailed or called. She responded quickly and professionally. My wife and I was very happy, we have actually suggested Homebridge and Marion to our son and a few friends.

Hi Margaret,

Original review: April 23, 2019

Applying to HomeBridge Financial Services was really easy. John was very helpful and he was a good recommended person who works there. However, their rate was a little bit different because it moves up and down.

Hi Alban,

Original review: April 22, 2019

When I first bought my house in Owosso, my loan was through HomeBridge Financial Services. I had them for almost two years and then it got sold to NewRez but the whole time I was with HomeBridge, I was happy with everything. Their website is set up well for online payment. Their application process was a cakewalk. Jim, the guy I was working with, made it simple. He gave me all the information that I needed. He was spot on as far as responding and answering the questions that I had and everything was done in a timely manner. Everything was done professionally and he put my mind at ease. Also, the rate and the terms were good. I had been approached by NewRez about a refi and then I had gotten a call from Jim and I just felt more comfortable with Jim and what his company had to offer. The rates were, if not the same, better. I was happy with everything.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for allowing Homebridge to be part of your home financing journey and taking the time to leave a review for Jim! We agree, Jim goes above and beyond and we’re glad to have him on our team.

Original review: April 21, 2019

A friend of mine had used HomeBridge so I looked into getting a mortgage with them. The application process was good and everything was finished in a month. The rep I worked with was very knowledgeable of everything he was doing. Plus, the rate and terms were good.

Hi Clyde,

We’re so glad we could make you happy! Thank you for your business and feedback!

Original review: April 20, 2019

I like working with Sandy. He's the broker I worked with when I purchased a new home and Homebridge is one of the companies that he works with. The application process was great. It was easy although there were some issues because this was happening during the government shutdown. But that was certainly not the mortgage company’s fault. It was our wonderful congress people. Plus once the shutdown ended, we got approved fairly quickly. The rate was fine too. It was in line with what other companies were offering. Sandy was awesome too. I’d go back to him again.

Hi John,

Thank you for your business and we’re happy to know the process was a positive one! Thank you for the review.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I was building a house with Medallion Homes and Homebridge Financial Services was one of the recommended lenders, so I went with them and it all worked out. I went with the VA and the application process was very easy. I talked with Homebridge on the phone and they sent me all the documents on time. It was simple. They kept me updated along the way. My prices would change when I would do my structural changes and I did my inside design. And within two or three days, Medallion would update them. It was informative, so I appreciated it.

There were about three or four female reps that worked with me with the different aspects of the process and they knew what they were talking about. They were upfront. They didn't smokescreen me and they got me the best deal that they could possibly get me. And when it came to interest rates, they gave me all my options. They also gave me multiple options when it came down to making a decision.

Hi Kenneth,

We’re so glad that we could help you into the home of your dreams! Thank you for your kind words!

Original review: April 18, 2019

Homebridge was very helpful in the purchase of our new property. In particular Karen ** was always there to answer any questions we had, and guide us through the process. We would recommend Homebridge Financial to anyone who is in the the market to purchase a home in the Inland Empire.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for allowing Homebridge to be part of your homebuying journey and taking the time to leave a review for Karen! We agree, Karen goes above and beyond and we’re glad to have her on our team.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Homebridge Financial Services was the only company that took me and the process was smooth. They were very helpful in answering all of my questions. Their rep, Tom, was a good problem-solver and he was responsive via email. The rate was quite good too.

Hi Johnny,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're glad that Tom made everything go so smoothly.

Original review: April 16, 2019

We had a great experience. Michael ** was there step by step to answer all the questions that we had and to ease our our fears. There was an issue with our paperwork that no one could predict. But overall I would recommend them to our friends and family. Thank you guys!

Homebridge Financial Services response

Hello Amanda! We work hard to meet your expectations and we’re happy to hear we accomplished our goal. Thank you for trusting Homebridge with such a special milestone in your life!

Original review: April 16, 2019

HomeBridge works with Adams Homes, and when I was looking at different models, somebody was sitting there. I decided to look into a mortgage with HomeBridge for the convenience. I’ve never bought a house before, so I don’t really know where to compare their application process to, but it seemed good and I got my house. It's a brand-new home, so I got kinda pre-approved, and then the builder didn’t finish my house until maybe seven months after I initially started on my mortgage. It wasn't HomeBridge’s fault but the builder's.

There were four people that I worked with all the time, including Tom, my loan originator. As far as the rate of the mortgage, I’m okay with it but it could be better. I was really new and I didn’t know what I was doing a lot of times, so I asked a lot of questions and I probably got annoying. But there were enough people in the group, that somebody could help me out if I needed help. Everything about my experience with HomeBridge was pretty cool, and I’d recommend them.

Hi Trevor,

Thank you for your business and for leaving a review for Tom! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience and we appreciate your recommendation.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I moved, so I got an initial mortgage, and then I refinanced in addition. Although HomeBridge's application process was tedious 'cause there were so many papers and that we would like the rates to be lower, things went fine in obtaining the mortgage. The entire process took about 30 days. I was selling one and buying another, so it all melded together. The loan negotiator was very helpful, honest and seemed to be upfront. He was able to explain things to me, moved the process along and tried to help.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Hello, Scarlet! We work hard to meet your expectations and we’re happy to hear we accomplished our goal. Thank you for trusting Homebridge with such a special milestone in your life!

Original review: April 12, 2019

We got tired of renting. Our realtor mentioned Homebridge Financial Services and he also mentioned their rep, Mike, so we went with him. He said Mike had the most experience in the area. We went with an FHA loan and applying was easy. It was a lot less stressful than I thought it was gonna be. Mike went through everything with us and everything else. I was most impressed with his willingness to help me through the whole step process. He walked me through everything step-by-step, made sure I had everything and made it as easy as possible. We're pretty happy with the rate. Being our first time, it was better than what we expected for. We would definitely recommend Homebridge.

Hello Cecil,

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We’re glad you loved your Homebridge experience, we take pride in it! Congratulations on your new journey. We’re excited to see what’s in store for you & your new home.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Everything seemed pretty easy and simple with Homebridge. The application process for the 30-year fixed loan went very smoothly and took a couple of weeks. They got me the forms and an online access. I sorted things out, met with them and signed everything. But since the purchase was happening so fast and I hadn't bought a house for over 30 years, I got confused which one was the escrow company and which one was for my loan. They could've explained their role better even though the average normal human being would already know that. Nevertheless, Susan, my loan officer, was there every time. I was like the lame duck asking her stupid questions, and she was very nice and helpful at all corners. She did everything by the book and by the dot. She was perfect and I wouldn’t have changed a thing. I could’ve gotten better rates, but I liked my Realtor, Susan and the other people I was working with, so I went with it.

Hi Otter,

Thanks for the raving review! We're glad that Susan and the Homebridge team provided a smooth loan process.

Original review: March 31, 2019

I trusted Julie who is my mortgage broker from Homebridge. She was very thorough in explaining everything to me. I felt comfortable with her and on what she had to say. Her experience was very valuable and I’m glad I went with her. Also, obtaining my mortgage was relatively easy because of the DocuSign process. I got a VA loan and thought that it was gonna be the same rate no matter where we went. But the costs were exorbitant in terms of the title. It seems like there were a lot of duplicative costs. And for the service that Homebridge provided, the cost was more money than it would have been. The rates have probably come down since, but there's not much that I can do about that. Nevertheless, Julie explained that the rate was different every day, and she helped me to understand that.

Gretchen,

Thanks for allowing Homebridge to be part of your home financing journey and taking the time to leave a review for Julie! We agree, Julie goes above and beyond and we’re glad to have her on our team.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I was 45 days late on my mortgage due to a medical condition, I accept responsibility for that, when I contacted Homebridge and entered into a payment agreement with them. When final payment was to be paid I was told my loan had been transferred and my loan number could not be located. They tried to reassure me by telling me not to worry. They can't charge any late fees or report late payments for 30 days and that I should try back in a week or so.

I got different excuses every time I called them for an entire month. As the 30 days had passed now my loan number had changed and they notified me that now I was in default and they could go forward with foreclosure proceedings. I was also informed that they had no records in my file prior to the transfer, all the while I was told my mortgage was no longer serviced by Homebridge (I am still with Homebridge).

A repayment agreement was reached, I held up my end and paid a substantial "down payment" of said agreement, only to find out less than a week later that they had "deleted" the agreement. They also informed me that I am now in danger of losing my home if I don't pay them the full balance immediately. I now know, from my own research, that this "transfer" was in fact an internal transfer and my loan is still serviced by Homebridge. All I want is to keep my home, the roof over mine and my kids' heads, that dream seems to be fading fast. My advice to you, is this, if you're looking for a lender look elsewhere.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Monica, thank you for your comment. Our goal is to exceed our customers’ expectations, so we’re sorry we missed the mark with you. We want to handle your concern as quickly as possible. Please see a direct message in your inbox from the Homebridge team.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I was looking for a house and I looked at different mortgage companies. Homebridge happened to fulfill my needs, and I got an FHA loan from them. They went through an extensive stuff from two years back including my history of accounts and earning, income, savings, my jobs, insurance letters from the employers, and all my assets. They checked everything. The application process was lengthy and tiring, and we have done minor things repeatedly. They wanted to be clear. I provided all the information, and that went through, and finally, the application was approved.

I was not happy that my closing cost was a little more than I was expecting. I thought $7,000 would be maximum, but it was more than that. But they provided the best they could with the currents rates. They kept me informed about the stuff in case the rates will go down in the future and that I could refinance within five years. They were diligent and on top of all things. I worked with Warren and he kept me posted on the required stuff. He was texting and emailing, and calling me.

I'm comfortable with Homebridge. They respond quickly to my questions and they educate you on the payments, the interest, and everything. They are good and they make things work. And in the beginning, they'll tell you about certain things that need to be satisfied before the loan gets approved. I would recommend Homebridge and I would go with them again.

Majid,

Original review: March 27, 2019

Like another reviewer, I was glad to use a local Homebridge rep. I actually went to their local office and met him. First impression was good. Got the application completed, sent in all the required information. My loan was approved relatively quick, just a matter of a couple of weeks. Then on closing day, 30 minutes prior to closing the loan office email me, no phone call, and told me that I'd need to bring more funds to closing?

Fortunately I had it. And really couldn't argue as to why... I was homeless at the moment. I had closed on my other home hours before this closing. Then came my first payment. It was sent to the address I was given at the closing. It took 6 six weeks for them to post it...unfortunately it was the day after I had stopped payment on it! I heard every excuse in the book. The only thing I didn't hear was an apology. I would not ever recommend Homebridge. I'm in the process of looking for another mortgage company to refinance now. BUYER BEWARE OF HOMEBRIDGE!

Homebridge Financial Services response

Chris, thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. Customer service is a top priority for Homebridge. We’re sorry to hear about your experience. You will find a direct message in your inbox to get more information about the situation.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I wanted to buy a house instead of renting and for my first-time homebuyer loan, I was referred tp Homebridge by people I know. I worked with Phil and Mike, and everyone was excellent. The experience was a lot more than I expected. They were right on point if I sent any messages or emails. If they weren’t able to reply right away, they definitely got back to me same day. On the rate part, I thought it could have been a little less. But it is still reasonable. I would recommend Homebridge to anyone who's looking for a mortgage. It took me a little over a month and the whole process was very smooth.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Hello Shameil! We work hard to meet your expectations and we’re happy to hear we accomplished our goal. Thank you for trusting Homebridge with such a special milestone in your life!

Original review: March 8, 2019

I was buying a new house because we were relocating and when I went to get pre-approved, it was sent to Homebridge. We started the process early and it ended up taking three months total. But that was because we were trying to buy a house and the people rejected the offer so and we had to look for a new house. But the application process with Homebridge was also very difficult. They asked a lot more than the first time I bought a house. That was a real smooth and easy transaction. This one was not.

They didn’t understand that we were not in the same city as they were and they were wanting stuff right away. They also didn’t understand that we aren’t on our phones 24/7 and can’t respond to emails. I work and my wife is a night nurse. The guy that I dealt with the most was Craig. Then there were Sue and Mark also. They worked hard to get me a lower rate and it was good. It was well within the mortgage that I had on my house before. But outside of that – in their communication and how they handled customers, not being so uppity – there wasn’t a lot that impressed me.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Zachary, thank you for your comment. Our goal is to exceed our customers’ expectations, so we’re sorry we missed the mark with you. We want to handle your concern as quickly as possible. Please see a direct message in your inbox from the Homebridge team.

Homebridge Financial Services Company Information

HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc.
194 Wood Avenue South, Ninth Floor