2. Mortgages
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.80/5

“Homebridge Financial Services, Inc. (Homebridge), NMLS ID #6521, is one of the top privately held, non-bank mortgage lending firms in the U.S. For more than 30 years, Homebridge’s vision has been to make the dream of home ownership a reality for every customer. Homebridge strives to do this by making the complicated mortgage lending experience simple, easy and transparent for everyone involved.

Mortgages, unlike almost any other financial transaction, rely on a variety of factors in determining the rate and amount a borrower can qualify for. In today’s on-demand and digital economy, Homebridge knows customers benefit the most by dealing with experts, not just algorithms. Homebridge’s success is based on hiring local market experts who understand existing regulations and work with borrowers to secure the best rate and type of mortgage, tailored to the borrower’s unique financial situation and goals.

The result is an elevated level of service that ensures an easy home buying process for everyone Homebridge works with, including real estate agents, the home builder community, and most importantly, the borrower.”

Homebridge Financial Services Call Now Toll Free (855) 321-7366 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

Homebridge Financial Services Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Homebridge Financial Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Homebridge Financial Services, Inc.?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Homebridge is good. I didn’t have to pay for two months, so that was good. I haven’t had to make my first payment, but if everything went through what was on the paper, I’m happy. I went through the closing and I signed everything there. They had to come out and redo the closing for me because a couple of pages that were signed when the lady they sent for the closing made the copies of it had a line in it. So, she had to come back to my house. But when she did come to my house the first time, she was supposed to be here about 6:00 to 7:00 and she ended up showing up about 9:00. So, she was very late. And then her son was in the car outside, not that I could hear him at the time, but he had the music blaring very loud. When I went outside, I noticed the music was loud. I didn’t even know she brought her son, and I was like, “Hey, man, please turn that down. My neighborhood’s a gated community.”

The next day, I got a letter from the community saying that there were kids in my front yard and I have two children. So, I got blamed. They had to come back to do the resigning because of the paper mistake, and what I didn’t like was when she showed up, she said, “I’m sorry about my kid playing the music loud.” Why would anybody send the same person out that I’m really complaining about? So, that was kind of bad. She called me out once she finished everything and said, “Hey, listen. I heard the complaint about my son, and I’m apologizing for it.” I told her I didn’t complain about her son, but the community did, and I showed her the letter. I said, “That wasn’t for my children, but my children got blamed.” And then she apologized again. The company was great, but I would never send that lady out. The company did what they said, and they did it in a timely fashion. And they were very reputable.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the review. I apologize for the issues you had with the notary and will make sure to follow up on the information you provided.

Happy New Year.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

We had been renting for six years and we decided it was time to buy a house. the opportunity came up suddenly and literally was a perfect deal. Our real estate agent worked with Homebridge, had a relationship with them and recommended them. My credit was not ideal and that was why I was very skeptical about the whole process but my wife and I were shocked in how smoothly everything went. The very first time we met with Shannon she said, “Okay. Here’s your credit. Here's what's causing your credit to be what it is. These are the things I want you to work on." She laid out a very detailed plan of what we needed to do and we followed it. Sure enough it worked. We knew we were gonna get a better rate than what we thought. When she came back with the final rate, we were shocked. She was also always communicating with us and keeping us informed on what was going on.

Hi Michael,

Congratulations on the new home! We are happy to hear you had such a wonderful experience!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I wanted a home that I can work on, like a fixer-upper. Homebridge offered a 203K home loan, and they were one of the places that I found that were doing those kinda loans. Their website was easily navigatable and the application went pretty smooth. I went in there and talked to them, and the guy gave me my pre-qualification. It was pretty fast. Everybody that worked there was pretty much professional and helped out a lot.

The guy that I worked with was really helpful and he knew what he was doing. He made himself completely available. He gave me his personal cellphone number, so if I ever had any questions, I would be able to contact him. And I wasn’t left with questions. He pretty much helped me out as much as he could. I was impressed with how professional he was and how knowledgeable he was in 203k home loan. Their rates and terms were fair for the time being. I just wanted to get into the home, and then refinance down the line, which I actually refinanced through Homebridge too. So, it worked out pretty good.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for working with Homebridge and thanks for the positive feedback! We really appreciate it!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I've always been with Suntrust and then I wanted to try something a little bit different, and Homebridge was kinda what I was looking for. It was through a program that my builder was participating in that made me go with them. Homebridge's application process was the best that I ever experienced. I did it online and there was some follow-up after that, but overall, the process was pretty smooth. The builder ran behind, but pretty much, the mortgage rep, Matt, was ready to go within a couple of weeks. He followed up throughout the entire process. And the day of closing, he gave me a call the morning and made sure everything was okay. I actually sent somebody over to him.

Hi Javier,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! The Homebridge team loves helping people find the best loan tailored to their specific needs.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

We were happy with the way HomeBridge did the job the first time so we used them a second time. I was buying a new home. The process was a lot easier the second time around that we did everything because we already had a relationship with them. It really wasn’t that difficult. They asked us for certain paperwork which we had. They gave us recommendations while we were going through the whole process.

For the first time, there were certain tips they gave us that could’ve affected our credit even though we were preapproved because we still had to go through the final thing at the very end. They gave us all these little tips to not fall into all the little traps that you could fall into if you are purchasing a house. They told us, “Be careful. You may wanna get that car right now, but wait until afterwards that you don’t have this on your credit and the house on you.” They were very helpful and professional throughout the whole thing.

The application and underwriting process was quicker the second time around because they had all of our financials from the previous enrollment. We just had to update them. The process took a month and a half. Colleen was the head of who we were dealing with. She was like the big boss. My wife also dealt with a couple of people on a day-to-day basis. In the end, I was happy with the terms we got. We have told a couple of people about HomeBridge.

Hi John,

Original review: July 6, 2020

If I could give a company 0 starts I would. My 2019 taxes were not paid from my escrow and I begin reaching out to them in February when my parish contacted me regarding the nonpayment. They stated that they will send a payment to my parish. Fast forward to the end of May when I received a letter from my parish that my taxes were never paid and that my home would go for tax sale in July. I contacted Homebridge who stated that a check would be sent right away. I contacted my parish after a week so see if they received the check.... They stated that they did not. I contacted Homebridge and the representative stated that he did not see where a payment was sent and would put in another ticket.

After daily calls to Homebridge (which lasted almost an hour each time) and calls to my parish to see if the payment was received finally after almost a month my parish received the tax payment, however it was for the wrong among and significantly less than what was owed and the parish returned the check. I spoke with Homebridge who stated that a check would be overnighted on June 26th.

As of today, July 6th my parish still has not received the check and the representative could not confirm if it has been sent. My home goes up for tax sale in a couple of days and unfortunately I may have to come out of pocket for this due to utter incompetence by this mortgage company. The representatives only provide you information to get you off the phone, the supervisors are no better, every time I call there is different narrative regarding the payment, and quite frankly this is very concerning, especially after holding for over an hour at times to reach customer service. If you can please avoid this mortgage company.

Original review: June 2, 2020

Getting the mortgage was a relatively smooth process. 11/2 years after, I ran into some financial difficulties due to my husband's sudden, unexpected death. I applied for a loan modification. I had a 3 month period during which I had to phone in payments, rather than doing them on the website, which is more convenient. Spending over an hour listening to hold music is not unusual. Who has time for that! Since COVID they have shortened their business hours. After 3 months the modification was granted, and I was told I could resume online payments. But I can't see my mortgage on the website. The Bill's they send me do not reflect the modification. Three days of spending over an hour on hold each time I call to make a payment, and still no answer. I'm beginning to think they do it on purpose so your payment is late!

Original review: April 27, 2020

My wife and I both lost significant work hours as a result of Covid pandemic and were not able to make payment on our FHA backed mortgage serviced by Homebridge. Went to their website and completed CARES Act forbearance request application on March 30th. I got a confirmation email shortly after saying I would hear back within 7-10 days. On April 14, I connected with a Homebridge rep via their website chat application to get a status update. I wanted to make sure my application was in and being looked at and that I wouldn't be penalized, as the CARES Act had intended. After telling the rep I had already waited 14 days for a response, she told me that they were just too busy to answer and then she disconnected.

About 7 days later, I submitted a follow up message on the "Questions" section of the website. No response. To date, I haven't heard anything at all from Homebridge. Today I received a delinquency letter from them. REALLY? You had time to send me a delinquency letter and you cant even simply respond to my forbearance request? My next step is a complaint with CFPB, a complaint with the New York Attorney Generals office, and also with the New York Department of Financial Services. Bottom line is don't do business with this company if you can help it. They will not be there when you need them. They will leave you high and dry.

Original review: April 21, 2020

Called to get some help since we are out of work due to corona virus. All they offered was a deferment that had to had in full at the end of the period. If people have no money coming in how are they expected to several payment ready at the end of the period. This company is useless.

Original review: April 7, 2020

Do not under any circumstances work with this company. I’m a veteran, I used a VA home loan to buy my house, and stupidly listened to the real estate agent and used Homebridge financial to finance the loan. The interest rate is a full % higher than my credit union would have given me, and I did not find out until I began the process of refinancing to get away from this horrible company.

They screwed me over in every way. I had auto debit, but canceled it back in November 2019 because my pay period changed from 1st and 15TH to every 2 weeks, so it was difficult for me to maintain money in my account. They continued with the auto debit anyway. I paid my mortgage every month, but then I went to pay it in February and I couldn’t. I called and they told me that because I had 3 bounced checks, my online pay was canceled, and I have to send a cashier's check from my bank to prove I have money in the account. My bank is 40-50 minutes from where I work, and they close at 4. They would not listen.

I sent a check for the mortgage for March 2020, and got a letter this week saying that they did not receive payment. I called my bank, since homebridge is closed and does not have a 24 hour line. They’re the worst. I swear it. My bank verified the information of my payment, and the address to send the payment was accurate. They. Lost. My. Check. And now they docked me late fees and are threatening to report me, and possibly kick me out of my house. I have no recourse, or options other than sending the payment, again, to the address. It is clear to me they do not check their mail at the payment processing center. I’m a 2 Iraq tour combat Marine with mental health issues. They’re screwing me over, and all of this is their fault. I’m contacting my lawyer. Do not do business with these people. Beware. They’re going to gouge your eyes out. You’re better off using your own personal bank.

Hi Nicholas,

I’m very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us! I sent you a direct message to get more information about the situation.

Homebridge Financial Services Company Information

Homebridge Financial Services, Inc.
    194 Wood Avenue South, Ninth Floor