toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Homebridge Customer Service is very pleasant. My family and I ran into a difficult time financially and for about 5 months things got really bad but due to some hard work on both sides we overcame the hardship and now everything is back to normal. Thanks Homebridge! Thanks for working with me!

Hi Anu,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review for Tim! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us.

Original review: April 12, 2017

Tim was on top of everything and completed this loan on time. He was very thorough with process and updated us with the loan situation as needed. He always returned calls and emails and kept us in the loop. Excellent job by Tim. :-)

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review for Bobby and Courtney! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us and we appreciate your recommendation.

Original review: April 10, 2017

Bobby ** and Courtney ** were a true pleasure to work with in securing my mortgage loan through HomeBridge - very professional and courteous, and very prompt in their responses while providing me with very useful information. Superb customer service - I highly recommend them!

Hi David,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review for Brian! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us.

Original review: April 8, 2017

Closing on 81 Sebring Depew, NY - Excellent experience! Brian ** and his assistant were very attentive to every need. Great communication and easy signing of paperwork. Everything was detailed and explained. The loan was simple to understand. The closing day was quick and easy! We would definitely go with Homebridge Mortgage again!

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review for the team in Calabasas! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us and we appreciate your recommendation.

Original review: April 7, 2017

I recently completed funding of home purchase loan from Homebridge shortly after their acquisition of Prospect Mortgage. The local Calabasas CA team was absolutely outstanding in every aspect from initial phone contact through to funding. Their approach is very proactive in anticipating underwriting conditions and making sure that all borrower documents are kept current and all letters of explanation are in place. We have gotten loans on various properties for many years and I have never had such an uneventful and low stress experience with something inherently complicated. The team built a strong sense of trust and followed through on every commitment. I have no hesitation in actively recommending them to others.

Hi Carla,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us and we appreciate your recommendation.

Original review: April 7, 2017

The Homebridge team was very thorough and timely in getting my home loan approved. Their customer service was impeccable. Their efficiency in getting documents signed made the process easier than previous experiences. They were very informative and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend them in the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc.?

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us and our application process.

Original review: April 3, 2017

We preferred not to pay cash for the house so we’ve decided to take a mortgage. The realtor gave us a couple of names and we checked out those companies and our own bank. Homebridge Financial, which was Prospect Mortgage then, ended up being the most willing to work with us. It had the best terms so we went with them. Their application process was easy and their agent was real good with answering any questions. We’d call him and he’d call right back or else, we’d email him. He’s upfront and was good with us. Also, he delivered what he promised.

Homebridge purchased Prospect and this showed up unexpectedly on some of the paperwork when we were buying a house for the first time. We were really gullible then and we trusted our real estate agent. But it was a real pain because, during the whole process, we had to upload 50 different documents. They kept saying that was everything but then they asked for more, so it was not easy at all. It went on for weeks until we finally said we were not giving them any more documents. And the loan officers were not very communicative too.

Resolution response: April 20, 2017

Outstanding company!

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review for Morgan! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience with her and we appreciate your recommendation.

Original review: March 31, 2017

I recently relocated to Maine and required financing for the home I wished to purchase. Through the power of networking with local residents I was given Morgan ** as the endorsed lender to work with and these folks could not have been more right! Morgan and her team were excellent providing great service, transparency, and support throughout the entire process. I have bought and sold many homes with various lenders but Morgan ** was by far the best I have worked with in 20 years. I would recommend her without hesitation to anyone seeking home financing in Maine.

Hi Rose,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review for Walt! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience with him.

Original review: March 25, 2017

I went on Zillow to search for a home in Albuquerque. When I found the one I wanted, my real estate broker took care of finding the mortgage broker, Walt. They got in contact with me and those people at Prospect were really good. The enrollment process was very easy too. Walt couldn’t have been any nicer and he was very easy to get in touch with. I could pick up the phone, go online, and send him a message and there were no problems. If anybody is looking for somebody that’s easy to work with and knows his business, it’s Walt. So far, I’m just waiting to be given the paperwork for my first mortgage payment.

Hi Katharina,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience and we appreciate your recommendation.

Original review: March 23, 2017

Homebridge had a very easy application process. Their rep did everything and I just got the documentations, looked through it and signed it. It was quick and simple. When I had questions, she was always ready to answer them. It was really a very good experience and I can only recommend it.

Hi Estelle,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us.

Original review: March 22, 2017

My agent recommended Homebridge to me. He was outstanding and helped me every step of the way. He was very informative and I felt very comfortable with him. Homebridge has been very supportive, professional, and efficient. Everything was very well handled and I really had a good experience.

Hi Bhupendra,

Original review: March 21, 2017

Our realtor led me to go to Homebridge Financial. I went with the home buyer loan and the application process was pretty good. Also, their loan officer was able to answer all my questions and explain everything thoroughly. We closed within a month. Homebridge Financial will do whatever that brings good and I’d recommend them.

Hi Shana,

Original review: March 12, 2017

It was a positive experience with Homebridge Financial Services. The application process was very simple, straightforward, transparent and good. I asked for what they needed and I provided the paperwork then it was just a follow-up after that. The loan officer was great too.

Wendy ** with Prospect Mortgage approved a buyer. She was rude to all people involved. She knew there was a problem and told the agent "not to tell" then finally did 2 days before closing and ruined 3 families dreams! She says she is experienced? People should not use this company or this agent!

Hi Marie,

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

Prospect Mortgage was great and very helpful. The lender that I've dealt with was so pleasant. She went over and beyond and if she didn't know about some stuff I wasn't sure of, she would find it out for me and would let me know through email.

Hi Ilirian,

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

The loan officer from Prospect Mortgage was also my professor when I went to college and as a teacher, he was the best one so I thought that they're gonna be the best one as well. He kept in touch with me on everything and I would recommend everybody to go to him. Everything was fast and perfect, so I'm satisfied.

Hi Vasili,

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

Excellent from start to finish as always. Met all deadlines ahead of schedule and offered competitive rates to my clients. My clients had peace of mind throughout the process as did I. Thank you for your professionalism and expediency! Looking forward to doing business again.

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review for Bruce! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

Prospect Mortgage is simply the best. Bruce ** is the very best. He worked so hard on my loan. I would recommend both Prospect and Bruce to anyone needing a home loan. If it were not for Bruce I would be living in my home today. Great job.

Hi Frederick,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us overall and we appreciate your constructive feedback about the appraisal process.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

I would rate my entire experience with Prospect as Five Star except for the appraisal. Every house on his list of comparisons was on a busy street (Patterson, Cambridge, etc.) except for one. That one was sold for $200,000 more than the others because buyers consider quiet street to be more desirable - dah! (child safety, quietness, traffic, etc.). I'm appalled that Prospect would not blackball this appraiser as I'm sure you have many choices. Keep up the good work in all other areas.

Hi Miguel,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review for Judy and Christina! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

Judy and Christina offered excellent service. They were able to offer help when other lenders could not. Helped a stressful situation easier to deal with. Would highly recommend and will definitely use Prospect for future needs...

Hi Shanika,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review for Rick, Amanda and Jennifer! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us and we appreciate your recommendation.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

I had such a wonderful experience with Prospect Mortgage! Everyone was very patient, kind and made sure my first time home buying experience was as pleasant and stress free as it could possibly be! I cannot thank Rick **, Jennifer ** and Amanda ** enough! I will recommend Prospect Mortgage to all my family and friends that are looking to buy or refinance.

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review for Vanessa! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us and we appreciate your recommendation.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

Vanessa was amazing! Always there to settle any fears or concerns I had throughout the entire process. We closed within a month and Vanessa and her team worked their magic and made it happen. I would recommend her and Prospect Mortgage to anyone.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review for Sharon! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

My experience with Prospect has been excellent and I would and I have recommended them to others. Sharon ** in Hoboken communicates very well and always promptly and explains the process when needed. I've worked with other companies in the past and so far Prospect have been the best.

Hi Alonzo,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review for Wendy! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

We haven't had a Mortgage in many years and clearly the rules and lending needs are way more complicated than I recall, but Wendy did a great job making it easy. I really was glad she didn't just see us as a number, but people that needed extra help.

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review for Linda! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

My buyers recently closed a purchase escrow with Linda ** from Prospect Mortgage. She handled every detail with confidence and precision. She communicated well with all parties involved, including the listing agent. My buyers were competing with other offers and a cash offer and we were able to convince the sellers to accept my buyers' offer as we conveyed the strength of their financial qualifications despite a perceived risk to the seller to select a non-cash offer. Thank you, Linda for your hard work and follow through.

Hi Darrell,

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

Prospect Mortgage worked with me right off the jump. The application process went very smoothly and their loan officer was great.

I have a mortgage, unfortunately, with this company that I can only say is the most ignorant, incompetent people I ever spoke with. Chanel ** sounds as if she's not even graduated high school - nasty, incompetent, belligerent and to be quite honest with the most unprofessional person I've ever spoken to. This pretty much goes along with the rest of the staff. My mortgage is 1853 this month. They had the balls to tell me this month it's 2900 a month. WHEN CALLING TO FIND OUT WHO LOST THEIR MIND, THIS NASTY INCOMPETENT ** nothing but condescending. That is good that I live 10 hours away from her or I guarantee I'd be in jail for a homicide. I now had to call my attorney and get my attorney involved with this situation. Stay away from this incompetent company and the most nastiest ignorant customer service you ever deal with.

My experience with Prospect Mortgage was good. I got a conventional loan from them, but there was a problem when we did the closing. It was an error on the part of Prospect Mortgage. One of the ladies entered a different number. As opposed to calculating three months, she calculated it for two months, which made the closing cost change the last minute and I wasn’t told about it ahead of time. That created an issue. Now, I have to pay $900 more. That was an unexpected expense that I wasn’t really aware of.

Sheryl, the consultant that I was talking to who did the loan for me wasn't aware of it, but she talked to the woman that made the mistake. The woman didn’t want to own up to it. I was very upset with it. The person that is punching up the numbers for the closing cost needs to be aware of the details and not just blindly enter a number and then end of the story, and then the mistake is done, and the client has to pay for it. This is my first time buying a house and I wasn’t expecting that kind of response. It was very unfortunate. I’m not dissatisfied with Sheryl. She helped me out throughout the loan and she explained properly. She did a good job. However, because of what happened at the end, I wouldn’t recommend Prospect to someone else. I wouldn’t want a friend of mine to experience what I’ve experienced.

Hi Lonnie,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review! We're glad to hear that you had a positive application experience with us and we appreciate your constructive feedback about the process.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

The application process with Prospect Mortgage was pretty easy. We've done most of it all through the computer and they brought down to us to the house when we went through it and we signed the papers. The loan officer was also very courteous. I don't know whose responsibility it was with the home warranty but we were told that they were putting the basic plan on there and they said it covers the big things. And that's all we need. But we were also told it was way too expensive to get the best one. When I got the policy, I looked at it. It was only $220 more for the most expensive one. So I called them up and complained about it and got it switched over. Also, the inspectors didn't really check the house that good enough, 'cause we found quite a few problems with it.

Prospect Mortgage Gave all of my information to a man that my mom was dating/boyfriend. I was trying to help my mother get a home and was going to co-sign for her. One of the loan officers (Christy **) gave all of my information to the man that my mom was dating/boyfriend. He then took that information and tried to get a car, credit cards, and loans using my identity. He was a known felon for identity theft. My credit is now messed up because of her giving my information out to this man. To anyone looking to get a loan/mortgage or anything else from this company, I would not advise you to do so.

Homebridge Financial Services Company Profile

HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc.
194 Wood Avenue South, Ninth Floor