2. Mortgages
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.17/5

Homebridge Financial Services is a private mortgage lending company that offers wholesale and retail loans. Homebridge gives home buyers access to a variety of lending options, both online and in person, in 49 states.

Homebridge Financial Services Call Now Toll Free (855) 321-7366 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

Homebridge Financial Services Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Homebridge Financial Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Homebridge Financial Services, Inc.?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Homebridge is good. I didn’t have to pay for two months, so that was good. I haven’t had to make my first payment, but if everything went through what was on the paper, I’m happy. I went through the closing and I signed everything there. They had to come out and redo the closing for me because a couple of pages that were signed when the lady they sent for the closing made the copies of it had a line in it. So, she had to come back to my house. But when she did come to my house the first time, she was supposed to be here about 6:00 to 7:00 and she ended up showing up about 9:00. So, she was very late. And then her son was in the car outside, not that I could hear him at the time, but he had the music blaring very loud. When I went outside, I noticed the music was loud. I didn’t even know she brought her son, and I was like, “Hey, man, please turn that down. My neighborhood’s a gated community.”

The next day, I got a letter from the community saying that there were kids in my front yard and I have two children. So, I got blamed. They had to come back to do the resigning because of the paper mistake, and what I didn’t like was when she showed up, she said, “I’m sorry about my kid playing the music loud.” Why would anybody send the same person out that I’m really complaining about? So, that was kind of bad. She called me out once she finished everything and said, “Hey, listen. I heard the complaint about my son, and I’m apologizing for it.” I told her I didn’t complain about her son, but the community did, and I showed her the letter. I said, “That wasn’t for my children, but my children got blamed.” And then she apologized again. The company was great, but I would never send that lady out. The company did what they said, and they did it in a timely fashion. And they were very reputable.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the review. I apologize for the issues you had with the notary and will make sure to follow up on the information you provided.

Happy New Year.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

We had been renting for six years and we decided it was time to buy a house. the opportunity came up suddenly and literally was a perfect deal. Our real estate agent worked with Homebridge, had a relationship with them and recommended them. My credit was not ideal and that was why I was very skeptical about the whole process but my wife and I were shocked in how smoothly everything went. The very first time we met with Shannon she said, “Okay. Here’s your credit. Here's what's causing your credit to be what it is. These are the things I want you to work on." She laid out a very detailed plan of what we needed to do and we followed it. Sure enough it worked. We knew we were gonna get a better rate than what we thought. When she came back with the final rate, we were shocked. She was also always communicating with us and keeping us informed on what was going on.

Hi Michael,

Congratulations on the new home! We are happy to hear you had such a wonderful experience!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Homebridge Financial Services was the best that I could get in town. The guy who helped me the first time was nice and helpful with anything I'd need, that was why I preferred to continue with them. The application process was easy because I have everything they needed on their application. I got the first-time home buyers loan and their process was good and easy. I'm a contractor working on the construction, which is sometimes far away from my house or from the Homebridge office, so I couldn’t answer or go to the appointment sometimes. But they gave me chance. I was very busy that was why the process took a bit longer. My English is not very well, but the rep took time to explain things to me very well. I am now trying to buy another house and I'd like to get another mortgage.

Hi Luis,

Thank you for your business and for leaving a review! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience and we appreciate your recommendation.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I wanted a home that I can work on, like a fixer-upper. Homebridge offered a 203K home loan, and they were one of the places that I found that were doing those kinda loans. Their website was easily navigatable and the application went pretty smooth. I went in there and talked to them, and the guy gave me my pre-qualification. It was pretty fast. Everybody that worked there was pretty much professional and helped out a lot.

The guy that I worked with was really helpful and he knew what he was doing. He made himself completely available. He gave me his personal cellphone number, so if I ever had any questions, I would be able to contact him. And I wasn’t left with questions. He pretty much helped me out as much as he could. I was impressed with how professional he was and how knowledgeable he was in 203k home loan. Their rates and terms were fair for the time being. I just wanted to get into the home, and then refinance down the line, which I actually refinanced through Homebridge too. So, it worked out pretty good.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for working with Homebridge and thanks for the positive feedback! We really appreciate it!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I've always been with Suntrust and then I wanted to try something a little bit different, and Homebridge was kinda what I was looking for. It was through a program that my builder was participating in that made me go with them. Homebridge's application process was the best that I ever experienced. I did it online and there was some follow-up after that, but overall, the process was pretty smooth. The builder ran behind, but pretty much, the mortgage rep, Matt, was ready to go within a couple of weeks. He followed up throughout the entire process. And the day of closing, he gave me a call the morning and made sure everything was okay. I actually sent somebody over to him.

Hi Javier,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! The Homebridge team loves helping people find the best loan tailored to their specific needs.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I have had my mortgage with Homebridge Financial since 8/2019. I have made my payments on time, including during an initial forbearance period from March to July of this year. My husband's job fell on hard times and I extended the forbearance from August to October. I have utilized the forbearance plan from August to October and will start my repayment process beginning November 1st. I called to set up my repayment options and they informed me that they are selling my mortgage to a company that, according to reviews is horrible. So if you are not a perfect person, with no issues, then feel free to use this mortgage company. If your human, with Covid loss, job loss or have fallen on hard times please search elsewhere. This company does not care about their homeowners, and surely will not care about you!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I am also a veteran and see other veterans feeling hurt by Homebridge as well. I have been with quite a few mortgage companies since I have owned 4 houses in my life, I could always talk to every department, they were accommodating and never screwed up my escrow. Homebridge mortgage, has screwed up my escrow somehow it seems like if not all the time every other year. This year took the cake though, I could not talk to anyone, was hung up on and finally when a representative talked to me they shouted when they were wrong about having to pay property taxes, they have already been paid this year. My county has now informed them twice, and they're still charging me for it and when the check gets sent back to them I worry they will do nothing to make sure that money is back in my account. Because of the many escrow screw ups my payment goes up and up. It's almost as though it's on purpose at this point.

I am hurt at the treatment, the lack of empathy and professionalism. I might have to look at other mortgage companies, I have never had any other mortgage company seem so incompetent. If you are a veteran like myself, this company does not care if you fought for them, I'm actually not even sure why departments won't talk directly to their own customers. It's been an escrow problem but the reps tell me they can't even talk to them???? What, how can anything be fixed. I feel lost at this point. Thanks Homebridge for making a disabled veteran like me have more to worry about.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Hi Jesse, I apologize that you are having repeated challenges with our Servicing Department. I have escalated your concerns and a member of our team will reach out to assist you and help to resolve the escrow payment issue.

We appreciate our veterans and thank you for your service.

Original review: July 6, 2020

If I could give a company 0 starts I would. My 2019 taxes were not paid from my escrow and I begin reaching out to them in February when my parish contacted me regarding the nonpayment. They stated that they will send a payment to my parish. Fast forward to the end of May when I received a letter from my parish that my taxes were never paid and that my home would go for tax sale in July. I contacted Homebridge who stated that a check would be sent right away. I contacted my parish after a week so see if they received the check.... They stated that they did not. I contacted Homebridge and the representative stated that he did not see where a payment was sent and would put in another ticket.

After daily calls to Homebridge (which lasted almost an hour each time) and calls to my parish to see if the payment was received finally after almost a month my parish received the tax payment, however it was for the wrong among and significantly less than what was owed and the parish returned the check. I spoke with Homebridge who stated that a check would be overnighted on June 26th.

As of today, July 6th my parish still has not received the check and the representative could not confirm if it has been sent. My home goes up for tax sale in a couple of days and unfortunately I may have to come out of pocket for this due to utter incompetence by this mortgage company. The representatives only provide you information to get you off the phone, the supervisors are no better, every time I call there is different narrative regarding the payment, and quite frankly this is very concerning, especially after holding for over an hour at times to reach customer service. If you can please avoid this mortgage company.

Original review: June 2, 2020

Getting the mortgage was a relatively smooth process. 11/2 years after, I ran into some financial difficulties due to my husband's sudden, unexpected death. I applied for a loan modification. I had a 3 month period during which I had to phone in payments, rather than doing them on the website, which is more convenient. Spending over an hour listening to hold music is not unusual. Who has time for that! Since COVID they have shortened their business hours. After 3 months the modification was granted, and I was told I could resume online payments. But I can't see my mortgage on the website. The Bill's they send me do not reflect the modification. Three days of spending over an hour on hold each time I call to make a payment, and still no answer. I'm beginning to think they do it on purpose so your payment is late!

Original review: April 27, 2020

My wife and I both lost significant work hours as a result of Covid pandemic and were not able to make payment on our FHA backed mortgage serviced by Homebridge. Went to their website and completed CARES Act forbearance request application on March 30th. I got a confirmation email shortly after saying I would hear back within 7-10 days. On April 14, I connected with a Homebridge rep via their website chat application to get a status update. I wanted to make sure my application was in and being looked at and that I wouldn't be penalized, as the CARES Act had intended. After telling the rep I had already waited 14 days for a response, she told me that they were just too busy to answer and then she disconnected.

About 7 days later, I submitted a follow up message on the "Questions" section of the website. No response. To date, I haven't heard anything at all from Homebridge. Today I received a delinquency letter from them. REALLY? You had time to send me a delinquency letter and you cant even simply respond to my forbearance request? My next step is a complaint with CFPB, a complaint with the New York Attorney Generals office, and also with the New York Department of Financial Services. Bottom line is don't do business with this company if you can help it. They will not be there when you need them. They will leave you high and dry.

Homebridge Financial Services Company Information

Homebridge Financial Services, Inc.
    194 Wood Avenue South, Ninth Floor