Call toll free
3.88/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

“Homebridge Financial Services, Inc. (Homebridge), is one of the top 10 privately held, non-bank mortgage lending firms in the U.S. For more than 25 years, Homebridge’s vision has been to make the dream of home ownership a reality for every customer. Homebridge strives to do this by making the complicated mortgage lending experience simple, easy and transparent for everyone involved.

Mortgages, unlike almost any other financial transaction, rely on a variety of factors in determining the rate and amount a borrower can qualify for. In today’s on-demand and digital economy, Homebridge knows customers benefit the most by dealing with experts, not just algorithms. Homebridge’s success is based on hiring local market experts who understand existing regulations and work with borrowers to secure the best rate and type of mortgage, tailored to the borrower’s unique financial situation and goals.

The result is an elevated level of service that ensures an easy home buying process for everyone Homebridge works with, including real estate agents, the home builder community, and most importantly, the borrower.”

View More View More

849 Homebridge Financial Services Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: June 7, 2019

I was at an open house and a real estate agent suggested that I go to HomeBridge. He told me that it was the actual bank. So, I went and I met this officer who was very helpful. She was the most wonderful and knowledgeable woman. She made me feel very comfortable. She and her partner worked together, and they got me this house. They were wonderful to work with and they helped me as much as they could. There was one problem that they couldn't take care of that I had to get all the information stuff from Upstate New York and all that kind of stuff, and I got it the day before we were supposed to close on the house.

The process, which was between the time that I went to go see the officer until the time that I closed on the house was probably four weeks. I was shocked that it went so fast and I appreciated that they didn’t want duplicates of everything. When I bought my house on Mill Pond, they asked for my taxes three separate times the entire time so, I’ll never go with them again. I was happy when I found HomeBridge.

The things that annoyed me and made me sick when I bought my other house were the things that HMS didn't have. They just worked and told me exactly what they needed. I gave them exactly what they wanted and they went with it. I love the face-to-face and that I can go and see a person, not everything online. The rates were wonderful. I wanted more of a 20-year mortgage but they said I couldn't and I had to have a 30-year mortgage. I wasn’t too happy about but I went with it. I would definitely steer people toward HomeBridge and recommend it.

Hi Josephine,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review! We’re happy we could assist you.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I wanted to buy a house. I was looking at this house and a realtor led me to Homebridge Financial Services. I then decided to get a USVA loan from them and they were an awesome company. I filled out my application over the phone and they helped me with it. A lady then called me back and took my information. That whole process didn't take long and went like clockwork. While I was comfortable with the process of getting the loan and it didn't take long, it was a little frustrating because Homebridge told me that the loan was a government loan and they asked for certain things. I had to get some things straight with my situation once I first got started and then after I did that, I had to wait because of the type of loan that I was dealing with.

Since the government was in my stuff, when I took money to the bank, they wanted to know where it came from. That made me a little frustrated. Someone should have told me to not put money in the bank because of that. Also, something wasn’t done correctly on my taxes and that really set back the process for six months since you have to wait six months to get things like that corrected. I was a little upset, but that was the process. But then I came back with the whole thing amended and the process moved on properly.

Working with Homebridge was really awesome though. The man I worked with helped me and was comforting. He called me every step of the way, asking me if I was okay, if I've found a house, and how was everything going. Then, since I wasn't gonna deal with the computer, I went over to their office and he was there. He helped me scan things, write a letter using such and such, and if there was something I didn't understand, I would ask him and he would explain it to me.

I also worked with Amanda and she was awesome as well. I started dealing with Dallas but then we would only talk via email. I learned how to send emails via my phone and then I would call Amanda and it seemed like she was working more closely with Dallas. I would also call Amanda if I was having a problem and she would always answer her phone. I would probably go back to them so they can help me with something else I’m trying to do.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Hello, Jacqueline! We work hard to meet your expectations and we’re happy to hear we accomplished our goal. Thank you for trusting Homebridge with such a special milestone in your life!

Original review: April 11, 2019

I applied for a 30-year fixed loan pre-approval before we even found our place because I knew our place would sell fast, and it did. It sold in four days. So, I knew we had to have stuff lined up and ready. The entire process with Homebridge took probably five weeks and things went okay. The only problem I had with them was having so much stuff done on the computer like doing the electric signing.

The lady who stayed on the phone with me gave me all the information, and I had it all ready for her. She told me which buttons to hit and sent me everything. She was very nice. I told her that our life is in folders so I took those to her ‘cause I didn’t feel comfortable with doing it online. I’m 72 years old and it was very challenging for me, but I'm sure my kids would have loved it. She didn’t know that we were coming in that day. I was just gonna drop the information but she came right out and said, “Come on in, sit down.” She took the time to go over the stuff and reassure us which I really appreciated. And when she was gonna trade those off to the underwriters, she always sent me an email.

However, their rates were higher than the last place we bought. But we had a very bad experience the last time two years before with Bank of America. We’d lived in the place for four years and bought it after two. There were no problems with our credit but ten days before closing, they called and said that they weren't gonna give us our loan just because they didn't like our HOA. And so, our seller financed us. She knew us from being her renters for two years, and she felt very comfortable doing that with us. We didn’t have the closing fees then. So now, we were shocked to have all these charges with Homebridge. But that’s what happens when you go through a mortgage company. Nevertheless, I would have no problem recommending them.

Hi Susan,

Original review: March 28, 2019

I was looking for a house and I looked at different mortgage companies. Homebridge happened to fulfill my needs, and I got an FHA loan from them. They went through an extensive stuff from two years back including my history of accounts and earning, income, savings, my jobs, insurance letters from the employers, and all my assets. They checked everything. The application process was lengthy and tiring, and we have done minor things repeatedly. They wanted to be clear. I provided all the information, and that went through, and finally, the application was approved.

I was not happy that my closing cost was a little more than I was expecting. I thought $7,000 would be maximum, but it was more than that. But they provided the best they could with the currents rates. They kept me informed about the stuff in case the rates will go down in the future and that I could refinance within five years. They were diligent and on top of all things. I worked with Warren and he kept me posted on the required stuff. He was texting and emailing, and calling me.

I'm comfortable with Homebridge. They respond quickly to my questions and they educate you on the payments, the interest, and everything. They are good and they make things work. And in the beginning, they'll tell you about certain things that need to be satisfied before the loan gets approved. I would recommend Homebridge and I would go with them again.

Majid,

Thank you for giving our Homebridge team the opportunity to help with your home financing. We appreciate your trust and are grateful you took time out of your day to leave us this review.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Initially, I went through Chase because that was who we had our mortgage with. However, there was not a lot of knowledge behind it and it was frustrating. My sister used Homebridge and I sought out Michelle, my loan originator. I met her once when my sister was going through the process when she was purchasing her own little place not too long ago. The Chase rep was nice enough, but when I told them that I was reaching somewhere else and that I wanted to know what my options were, they started getting a bit pushy and I didn't like that at all. I turned and reached out to Michelle and we stuck with her.

We had a lot of complications trying to get a lot of paperwork together, but Michelle was extremely helpful. She would turn around and go back to whoever she has to answer to and ask if she got stuck with something or needed further assistance. She knew how she'd reach out to her superiors and they made it work. Even if I had any additional questions, I felt really comfortable calling her. She was extremely personal and I feel like I made a friend along the way. It was because of her that made everything go smoother. Even when my husband's home, I'm pretty much on my own but she always made herself available. Everyone at Homebridge took a part in this to make it happen, but she had a huge part in it.

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for allowing Homebridge to be part of your home financing journey and taking the time to leave a review for Michelle! We agree, Michelle goes above and beyond and we’re glad to have her on our team.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc.?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I can't get them to understand that there are 3 credit reporting agencies. They have corrected my report on 1 and not the other 2. I reported them to the Better Business Bureau multiple occasions because they won't make the corrections nor will they respond to any emails. Total lack of common sense. This goes way back to Irma and they still can't get it right. Them and Shellpoint. Totally shady companies to deal with. Homebridge can't even file the proper paperwork. They never even recorded my modification for which caused the late payments to be noted.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

Every man’s dream is to own property. I heard about Homebridge through a friend and I decided to apply for a mortgage with them. I did a 30-year loan and refinance, and their process was easy. The application and underwriting was completed in about a month and everything worked well. They were pleasant, fair, and good. The rate I got from them was also a good rate. I was pretty much overall satisfied.

Hi Jose,

Glad to hear your goals were met during the home loan process with Homebridge. Thanks for your review!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

Horrible experience as a first time home buyer using Homebridge. Purchased a Co-Op in NJ and unfortunately Homebridge was only one of two lenders accepted by the complex so I was stuck. I would not trust them they will give you a rate quote much lower to get you in the door - your actual rate when the loan is underwritten will be much higher.

The start of the process was great and once it comes time to get into your loan the fees and lack of transparency are insane. $1300 loan application flat fee?? Come on now - that's before you even reach the lawyer fees. Come closing the law firm Homebridge had representing them did not allow my title company to be there and said they would send a closing agent - they never did and my closing lasted an hour and a half (unheard of) - best is they were threatening for more lawyer fees if the closing lasted longer than 2 hours. ALL I CAN SAY IS STAY AWAY!!!! Even both real estate agents, my lawyer, the sellers lawyer, and the Co-Op lawyer were amazed by how horrible the closing and whole process had been handled.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Hi Michael, I’m very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us! I sent you a direct message to get more information about the situation.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

We were happy with the way HomeBridge did the job the first time so we used them a second time. I was buying a new home. The process was a lot easier the second time around that we did everything because we already had a relationship with them. It really wasn’t that difficult. They asked us for certain paperwork which we had. They gave us recommendations while we were going through the whole process.

For the first time, there were certain tips they gave us that could’ve affected our credit even though we were preapproved because we still had to go through the final thing at the very end. They gave us all these little tips to not fall into all the little traps that you could fall into if you are purchasing a house. They told us, “Be careful. You may wanna get that car right now, but wait until afterwards that you don’t have this on your credit and the house on you.” They were very helpful and professional throughout the whole thing.

The application and underwriting process was quicker the second time around because they had all of our financials from the previous enrollment. We just had to update them. The process took a month and a half. Colleen was the head of who we were dealing with. She was like the big boss. My wife also dealt with a couple of people on a day-to-day basis. In the end, I was happy with the terms we got. We have told a couple of people about HomeBridge.

Hi John,

Congratulations on the new home! We are happy to hear you had such a wonderful experience!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

We have an existing mortgage with Homebridge and we've had them for several years. We refinanced last year with them and we’re thinking about refinancing now because the interest is down. With the existing mortgage we took out a year ago, we had some problems and issues with the application and underwriting, but it all got done good. The application process was easy enough and our rep that time did a good job. We're now just at the beginning of our new refi and we have just talked with the rep very briefly, but overall, we’re satisfied with Homebridge.

Hi Brenda,

Thank you for your business and we’re happy to know the process has been a positive one! Thank you for the review.

Homebridge Financial Services Company Information

HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc.
194 Wood Avenue South, Ninth Floor