2. Mortgages
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.97/5

“Homebridge Financial Services, Inc. (Homebridge), is one of the top 10 privately held, non-bank mortgage lending firms in the U.S. For more than 25 years, Homebridge’s vision has been to make the dream of home ownership a reality for every customer. Homebridge strives to do this by making the complicated mortgage lending experience simple, easy and transparent for everyone involved.

Mortgages, unlike almost any other financial transaction, rely on a variety of factors in determining the rate and amount a borrower can qualify for. In today’s on-demand and digital economy, Homebridge knows customers benefit the most by dealing with experts, not just algorithms. Homebridge’s success is based on hiring local market experts who understand existing regulations and work with borrowers to secure the best rate and type of mortgage, tailored to the borrower’s unique financial situation and goals.

The result is an elevated level of service that ensures an easy home buying process for everyone Homebridge works with, including real estate agents, the home builder community, and most importantly, the borrower.”

View More View More
Homebridge Financial Services Call Now Toll Free (855) 321-7366 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

Homebridge Financial Services Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Homebridge is good. I didn’t have to pay for two months, so that was good. I haven’t had to make my first payment, but if everything went through what was on the paper, I’m happy. I went through the closing and I signed everything there. They had to come out and redo the closing for me because a couple of pages that were signed when the lady they sent for the closing made the copies of it had a line in it. So, she had to come back to my house. But when she did come to my house the first time, she was supposed to be here about 6:00 to 7:00 and she ended up showing up about 9:00. So, she was very late. And then her son was in the car outside, not that I could hear him at the time, but he had the music blaring very loud. When I went outside, I noticed the music was loud. I didn’t even know she brought her son, and I was like, “Hey, man, please turn that down. My neighborhood’s a gated community.”

The next day, I got a letter from the community saying that there were kids in my front yard and I have two children. So, I got blamed. They had to come back to do the resigning because of the paper mistake, and what I didn’t like was when she showed up, she said, “I’m sorry about my kid playing the music loud.” Why would anybody send the same person out that I’m really complaining about? So, that was kind of bad. She called me out once she finished everything and said, “Hey, listen. I heard the complaint about my son, and I’m apologizing for it.” I told her I didn’t complain about her son, but the community did, and I showed her the letter. I said, “That wasn’t for my children, but my children got blamed.” And then she apologized again. The company was great, but I would never send that lady out. The company did what they said, and they did it in a timely fashion. And they were very reputable.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the review. I apologize for the issues you had with the notary and will make sure to follow up on the information you provided.

Happy New Year.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I wanted a home that I can work on, like a fixer-upper. Homebridge offered a 203K home loan, and they were one of the places that I found that were doing those kinda loans. Their website was easily navigatable and the application went pretty smooth. I went in there and talked to them, and the guy gave me my pre-qualification. It was pretty fast. Everybody that worked there was pretty much professional and helped out a lot.

The guy that I worked with was really helpful and he knew what he was doing. He made himself completely available. He gave me his personal cellphone number, so if I ever had any questions, I would be able to contact him. And I wasn’t left with questions. He pretty much helped me out as much as he could. I was impressed with how professional he was and how knowledgeable he was in 203k home loan. Their rates and terms were fair for the time being. I just wanted to get into the home, and then refinance down the line, which I actually refinanced through Homebridge too. So, it worked out pretty good.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for working with Homebridge and thanks for the positive feedback! We really appreciate it!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

We were happy with the way HomeBridge did the job the first time so we used them a second time. I was buying a new home. The process was a lot easier the second time around that we did everything because we already had a relationship with them. It really wasn’t that difficult. They asked us for certain paperwork which we had. They gave us recommendations while we were going through the whole process.

For the first time, there were certain tips they gave us that could’ve affected our credit even though we were preapproved because we still had to go through the final thing at the very end. They gave us all these little tips to not fall into all the little traps that you could fall into if you are purchasing a house. They told us, “Be careful. You may wanna get that car right now, but wait until afterwards that you don’t have this on your credit and the house on you.” They were very helpful and professional throughout the whole thing.

The application and underwriting process was quicker the second time around because they had all of our financials from the previous enrollment. We just had to update them. The process took a month and a half. Colleen was the head of who we were dealing with. She was like the big boss. My wife also dealt with a couple of people on a day-to-day basis. In the end, I was happy with the terms we got. We have told a couple of people about HomeBridge.

Hi John,

Congratulations on the new home! We are happy to hear you had such a wonderful experience!

Original review: June 25, 2019

It was time for me to buy a home and Homebridge Financial was one of the few providers that I talked to. It seemed the best for my situation. It was my first time buying a home and the application process wasn’t too bad. The agent that I was working with was very polite but he was very hard to get a hold of. He was probably busy but there were a couple of days in a row where I would go without hearing anything and I would have to make calls trying to figure out what was going on. I eventually got a hold of him and he answered the questions for me. However, I had to wait until I heard back from him and I couldn't get a hold of anybody else.

The communication needs to be improved but I was very comfortable with the lending process. A lot of stuff was confusing just because I'm so young but a lot of people respects this process. Also, my rate is a little high but that’s okay. Homebridge Financial is an excellent choice if you have no money down or you're a first-time home buyer.

John,

Thanks for sharing your experience! The Homebridge team was happy to help!

Homebridge Customer Experience Team

Original review: June 7, 2019

I was at an open house and a real estate agent suggested that I go to HomeBridge. He told me that it was the actual bank. So, I went and I met this officer who was very helpful. She was the most wonderful and knowledgeable woman. She made me feel very comfortable. She and her partner worked together, and they got me this house. They were wonderful to work with and they helped me as much as they could. There was one problem that they couldn't take care of that I had to get all the information stuff from Upstate New York and all that kind of stuff, and I got it the day before we were supposed to close on the house.

The process, which was between the time that I went to go see the officer until the time that I closed on the house was probably four weeks. I was shocked that it went so fast and I appreciated that they didn’t want duplicates of everything. When I bought my house on Mill Pond, they asked for my taxes three separate times the entire time so, I’ll never go with them again. I was happy when I found HomeBridge.

The things that annoyed me and made me sick when I bought my other house were the things that HMS didn't have. They just worked and told me exactly what they needed. I gave them exactly what they wanted and they went with it. I love the face-to-face and that I can go and see a person, not everything online. The rates were wonderful. I wanted more of a 20-year mortgage but they said I couldn't and I had to have a 30-year mortgage. I wasn’t too happy about but I went with it. I would definitely steer people toward HomeBridge and recommend it.

Hi Josephine,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review! We’re happy we could assist you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Homebridge Financial Services, Inc.?

Original review: April 27, 2020

My wife and I both lost significant work hours as a result of Covid pandemic and were not able to make payment on our FHA backed mortgage serviced by Homebridge. Went to their website and completed CARES Act forbearance request application on March 30th. I got a confirmation email shortly after saying I would hear back within 7-10 days. On April 14, I connected with a Homebridge rep via their website chat application to get a status update. I wanted to make sure my application was in and being looked at and that I wouldn't be penalized, as the CARES Act had intended. After telling the rep I had already waited 14 days for a response, she told me that they were just too busy to answer and then she disconnected.

About 7 days later, I submitted a follow up message on the "Questions" section of the website. No response. To date, I haven't heard anything at all from Homebridge. Today I received a delinquency letter from them. REALLY? You had time to send me a delinquency letter and you cant even simply respond to my forbearance request? My next step is a complaint with CFPB, a complaint with the New York Attorney Generals office, and also with the New York Department of Financial Services. Bottom line is don't do business with this company if you can help it. They will not be there when you need them. They will leave you high and dry.

Original review: April 21, 2020

Called to get some help since we are out of work due to corona virus. All they offered was a deferment that had to had in full at the end of the period. If people have no money coming in how are they expected to several payment ready at the end of the period. This company is useless.

Original review: April 7, 2020

Do not under any circumstances work with this company. I’m a veteran, I used a VA home loan to buy my house, and stupidly listened to the real estate agent and used Homebridge financial to finance the loan. The interest rate is a full % higher than my credit union would have given me, and I did not find out until I began the process of refinancing to get away from this horrible company.

They screwed me over in every way. I had auto debit, but canceled it back in November 2019 because my pay period changed from 1st and 15TH to every 2 weeks, so it was difficult for me to maintain money in my account. They continued with the auto debit anyway. I paid my mortgage every month, but then I went to pay it in February and I couldn’t. I called and they told me that because I had 3 bounced checks, my online pay was canceled, and I have to send a cashier's check from my bank to prove I have money in the account. My bank is 40-50 minutes from where I work, and they close at 4. They would not listen.

I sent a check for the mortgage for March 2020, and got a letter this week saying that they did not receive payment. I called my bank, since homebridge is closed and does not have a 24 hour line. They’re the worst. I swear it. My bank verified the information of my payment, and the address to send the payment was accurate. They. Lost. My. Check. And now they docked me late fees and are threatening to report me, and possibly kick me out of my house. I have no recourse, or options other than sending the payment, again, to the address. It is clear to me they do not check their mail at the payment processing center. I’m a 2 Iraq tour combat Marine with mental health issues. They’re screwing me over, and all of this is their fault. I’m contacting my lawyer. Do not do business with these people. Beware. They’re going to gouge your eyes out. You’re better off using your own personal bank.

Hi Nicholas,

I’m very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us! I sent you a direct message to get more information about the situation.

Original review: March 6, 2020

Stay away if you can. I have written and called in 6 times since the end of Jan. They have not paid my taxes which is part of my mortgage. It's quite stressful being told by local tax collectors that your house is going up for public sale Sept 14th 2020 if it's not paid. I have not gotten one single response from my emails, and when I call, I sit on the phone for 45 minutes and still get no answer. Has to be the worst customer service I have ever dealt with.

Original review: March 3, 2020

I have been trying to get a loan through Homebridge Financial Services and it was approved, but they keep stretching it again and again and again! I am so aggravated and disgusted with them that I am about to give up. We have been under contract for almost 40 days and it is close to expiring. We have spent too much time and money on this and I am exhausted!

Do not use this lender unless you want any extra stress and heart attack daily as they keep asking for more, more and more papers. It seems as there is no end to their monotony. I gave them everything and now they keep stretching the closing date. They have changed it 4 times now! Look for a different company. DO NOT USE THIS LENDER!!!

Homebridge Financial Services Company Information

Homebridge Financial Services, Inc.
    194 Wood Avenue South, Ninth Floor