Call toll free
4.08/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

“Homebridge Financial Services, Inc. (Homebridge), is one of the top 10 privately held, non-bank mortgage lending firms in the U.S. For more than 25 years, Homebridge’s vision has been to make the dream of home ownership a reality for every customer. Homebridge strives to do this by making the complicated mortgage lending experience simple, easy and transparent for everyone involved.

Mortgages, unlike almost any other financial transaction, rely on a variety of factors in determining the rate and amount a borrower can qualify for. In today’s on-demand and digital economy, Homebridge knows customers benefit the most by dealing with experts, not just algorithms. Homebridge’s success is based on hiring local market experts who understand existing regulations and work with borrowers to secure the best rate and type of mortgage, tailored to the borrower’s unique financial situation and goals.

The result is an elevated level of service that ensures an easy home buying process for everyone Homebridge works with, including real estate agents, the home builder community, and most importantly, the borrower.”

View More View More

806 Homebridge Financial Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: March 15, 2019

I wanted to buy a house instead of renting and for my first-time homebuyer loan, I was referred tp Homebridge by people I know. I worked with Phil and Mike, and everyone was excellent. The experience was a lot more than I expected. They were right on point if I sent any messages or emails. If they weren’t able to reply right away, they definitely got back to me same day. On the rate part, I thought it could have been a little less. But it is still reasonable. I would recommend Homebridge to anyone who's looking for a mortgage. It took me a little over a month and the whole process was very smooth.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Hello Shameil! We work hard to meet your expectations and we’re happy to hear we accomplished our goal. Thank you for trusting Homebridge with such a special milestone in your life!

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: March 8, 2019

I was buying a new house because we were relocating and when I went to get pre-approved, it was sent to Homebridge. We started the process early and it ended up taking three months total. But that was because we were trying to buy a house and the people rejected the offer so and we had to look for a new house. But the application process with Homebridge was also very difficult. They asked a lot more than the first time I bought a house. That was a real smooth and easy transaction. This one was not.

They didn’t understand that we were not in the same city as they were and they were wanting stuff right away. They also didn’t understand that we aren’t on our phones 24/7 and can’t respond to emails. I work and my wife is a night nurse. The guy that I dealt with the most was Craig. Then there were Sue and Mark also. They worked hard to get me a lower rate and it was good. It was well within the mortgage that I had on my house before. But outside of that – in their communication and how they handled customers, not being so uppity – there wasn’t a lot that impressed me.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Zachary, thank you for your comment. Our goal is to exceed our customers’ expectations, so we’re sorry we missed the mark with you. We want to handle your concern as quickly as possible. Please see a direct message in your inbox from the Homebridge team.

Original review: March 6, 2019

My experience with Homebridge has not been good. Starting with the loan officer and the local office they have proven to be lacking in communication. I was so happy to not have to deal with the local office after my closing date but this is when it gets worse. I receive notification that the payment location is changing. I hadn't thought nothing of it initially but when I noticed my very first payment is lost in cyber space I started becoming very concerned. I have been attempting to contact the new payment location with zero success. No matter the time or day I call they are always experiencing heavy call volume. So heavy that I can't even reach someone waiting 20+ minutes on hold. I can never get through to inquire about my first payment.

It has been since February 20th when the new location was established and I have been calling 3/4 times per week, again without any contact. I would figure they would at least have the systems updated by now but again, still no record of my first payment. My only hope now is that they sell my account to another mortgage company/bank. Anyone else has to be better than Homebridge. I will never recommend them.

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your comment. Our goal is to exceed our customers’ expectations, so we’re sorry we missed the mark with you. We want to handle your concern as quickly as possible. Please see a direct message in your inbox from the Homebridge team.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I refinanced with HomeBridge, and the application process was pretty straightforward. It’s probably the 10th time I’ve done this, so not run-of-the-mill but I’ve done it enough. Each time, it gets a little more challenging from all their new requirements, but it is all good. From the time we started to the time we closed, it took six weeks. The team was knowledgeable and they knew what they were doing. There was not a lot of wasted effort. I had also worked with Rolf in the past. Overall, everything was good. I’d recommend them to people.

Hello Paul,

Thank you for giving our Homebridge team the opportunity to help with your home financing. We appreciate your trust and are grateful you took time out of your day to leave us this review.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 4, 2019

What a joke! Three months into making payments now not knowing when my next payment will be withdrawn? There was no notice as to my loan being transferred nor the reason for it being transferred. I have been on the phone all day continuing to hear “we are currently experiencing higher than normal call volumes”. Please stay away. Wish you all well.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Hello Ovidio, thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. We’d like to apologize for your less than pleasant experience. Please allow us the opportunity to discuss your situation further with a private message from our team.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc.?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Getting my mortgage through HomeBridge was a great experience, and the first 6 months of my payments and communications were a breeze. Suddenly, I was being transferred to some company that performs "various servicing functions" for HomeBridge. The last 6 times I've called, no matter what time of the day or night they are "experiencing higher than normal call volumes" and each time I have waited 15+ minutes only to be disconnected. It is literally impossible to get Customer Service on the phone.

Also, on the original website I was able to make half of my mortgage payment every 2 weeks, which was something I made sure I would be able to do before I signed my mortgage. Now suddenly I am no longer allowed to do that via the website but was told I could call customer service twice a month (joke's on me, they don't answer) and PAY $5 each time they do me a favor and process my payment. This transfer has ruined what was a great experience all around and I am disgusted to think that I'll have to deal with this type of service for the next 29 years. I'm going to check out what else can be done because it is really that bad.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Jessica, thank you for your comment. Our goal is to exceed our customers’ expectations, so we’re sorry we missed the mark with you. We want to handle your concern as quickly as possible. Please see a direct message in your inbox from the Homebridge team.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Homebridge Financial worked out more in the way with the FHA loan we were trying to get. They were able to work with us better than most of the other people. We were on fast track with the application process, so everything happened really quickly. It made it hard to be able to keep up, but it the end, all was well. Greg, the loan organizer, was good. There was a couple of times I wished he had communicated with me a little bit better. There were some instances where he knew about something, and I didn't know anything about it. Also, the Realtor we had known nothing about it. So, that's something where if we could have communicated a little bit better, that could have been done a little faster.

The application and underwriting process took about two months. There was just a lot of stuff going on with the property -- it wasn't necessarily anything with Homebridge, just the property. The survey wasn't correct, so we had to get resurveyed. Then when they resurveyed it, something wasn't on the property like it was supposed to be, so we had to go buy land from the neighbor. It was just a pain. Still, going through the loan was comfortable. I personally contacted Greg or a member of his team, he would get to me pretty reasonable as far as time frame. The rates and the terms I got were comparable to other prices. Working with Homebridge got me a new house, and we're happy in it. They had done good for us and pretty much sent out all the communication. We were scared a couple of times, but I was pleased with the overall process.

Hello George,

Thank you for providing feedback about your new loan process! We appreciate the opportunity to improve our customer experience.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I wasn’t transferred recently to the New Jersey office of Homebridge and they didn’t take my payment out until the 22nd when it should have been on the 5th. I called before on the 10th to see why. They said their system was updated and I could mail my payment in. They said it was ok if it was late because of the transfer of mortgage servicers. I mailed it in. Didn’t want to be late regardless. Now today 6 days later Homebridge has deducted 5 more payments from my account in the same week and cashed my check that’s 6 payments taken and only one owed. When I call they are so busy they aren't taking messages and calling back. In 48 HOURS. WHAT 48 hours. Omg 350 on nsf fees and 6 payments of almost 8000!!! Omg I’m looking to refinance even for a larger rate just to get out of their portfolio. Refinance in coming your way. Oh and did I mention I am a realtor and this will not be told to clients in a good way. Smh.

Hello Gregg,

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Their website is very basic and not customer friendly. They prefer you to call for everything so they block many online processes that is customary with other service providers. You have to call to request your escrow analysis, get your payoff amount, etc. Additionally, in a little over a year, they have changed their website (moving mortgage from one bill processing center to another) 2 times. For some reason, they change your loan number and make it an obstacle to pay your bills on time. It is all super customer unfriendly. They also will make you prove your insurance or pay a penalty each year even if YOUR INSURANCE STAYS THE SAME!!!

Homebridge Financial Services response

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I work with Brian and Steve ** at Homebridge finance. Those guys deliver all the time. I trust them blindly when I make a purchase knowing that if they told me it will get done, it means it is done. They make me feel like a cash buyer when I get my loans from them. I would give more than 5 stars if allowed. Always a pleasure dealing with them and really confident when I have them on my side. I'm a real estate broker/investor and I sure know what I'm talking about when it comes to our industry. Highly recommended.

Hello Shawn,

Thanks for allowing Homebridge to be part of your home financing journey and taking the time to leave a review for Brian and Steve! We agree, Brian and Steve go above and beyond and we’re glad to have them on our team.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I needed to refinance my house to get a fixed rate so I went to Homebridge. I've used Homebridge in the past for some other business, and know some people that have used Homebridge in the past as well. The process was very easy. I knew the loan officer, so she made it very easy. She is very smart, knows her business and communicates well. She's also friendly and very helpful. I did everything online and they mailed me and I sent them documents. They locked in a rate and we went to closing. Everything was smooth as silk. The lending process was very, very effective, very efficient and very fair. The rates and terms of Homebridge were good and very competitive as well. So if you're looking to refinance, use them.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the raving review! We're glad that the Homebridge team provided a smooth loan process. We love repeat customers!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

My Client is trying to get a payoff demand statement in order to close her escrow and pay off her loan. Homebridge was notified 3 weeks in advance by escrow. In the meantime my client's loan was transferred to another company (Homebridge failed to tell us it was just another division of their own company). Why? In the meantime even though we and the escrow had called several times (per day) No one would go out of their way to help us in a pressure situation.

It was their internal problem causing our delay putting my client in jeopardy of losing the home they are in process of purchasing. I don't understand this kind of customer service? When I make a mistake I go out of my way to correct it especially if could hurt any of my customers. NOT ONE AGENT FROM HOMEBRIDGE WANTED TO GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO HELP US, and they wanted us call them back? Their mistake and they want us to call them back? Bottom line, they didn't offer to go out of their way.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

We were purchasing a home and sought a mortgage with HomeBridge. The process of obtaining the mortgage was a pain in the butt and the lending process took two months. It was not an easy task and there were lots of paperwork and things that had to be done, but that was due to what is required and there wasn't anything that HomeBridge had to do with that. Providing all of the paperwork that is required for loans these days is crazy. The application process, though, was fine and easy. Scott, the rep who processed our loan, is a good guy. He was very helpful and was Johnny-on-the-spot with any questions. We were very comfortable working with him and our dealings with him were excellent. In the end, things all came together and went well. We're now in the house. Those guys at HomeBridge were great.

Hello Max,

Thanks for allowing Homebridge to be part of your homebuying journey and taking the time to leave a review for Scott! We agree, Scott goes above and beyond and we’re glad to have him on our team.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I was looking for a refinance and I heard good things about HomeBridge. The application process with them was easy and simple. The lending process went smoothly and it was all right. The process of obtaining the refi was simple. It was a little time-consuming and took a couple of months, but that was more on my part and wasn't due to any circumstances on HomeBridge's part. The rates that I received are a little lower and a lot better than that of the banks, but not as great as the rates that I had. Other than that, HomeBridge was really helpful and I was very comfortable working with them. They told me how to push up my credit score and I got that all settled out. They made a few phone calls to various people and got my score up by 80 points.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Hello Edward! We work hard to meet your expectations and we’re happy to hear we accomplished our goal. Thank you for trusting Homebridge with such a special milestone in your life!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I shopped around, looking for the best rate, and one that would fit my needs so I went to Homebridge. The process was more difficult than usual because my circumstance required a little bit more as a self-employed income. But their rep has been excellent. He was always available after-hours, very accommodating, friendly and thorough. He was very immediate. I didn’t meet him until closing, in person, but I felt very confident and comfortable with him.

Hi Ronald,

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I’m happy to have Homebridge. I had a great experience with my loan, Annette ** my Loan agent, she is very professional, knowledgeable, caring and knowing with people needs, was very easy process. I will recommended to my friends in the future. Thank you.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Hello, Martha! We work hard to meet your expectations and we’re happy to hear we accomplished our goal. Thank you for trusting Homebridge with such a special milestone in your life!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

During the process of applying for mortgage financing, I was asked several times by different people to provide documents that I had already supplied. After financing was processed, I received a letter instructing on how to set up automatic withdrawal payment for my loan at myloan.homebridge.com and I did so. Shortly after that, I received a notice that the loan was being transferred to another loan processor and to not pay Homebridge. Somewhat contradictory. Then I received a letter saying my ACH had been canceled successfully and to submit future payments to Homebridge. This is very confusing, to say the least.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Hello Karen, thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. We’d like to apologize for your less than pleasant experience. Please allow us the opportunity to discuss your situation further with a private message from our team.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Initially, I went through Chase because that was who we had our mortgage with. However, there was not a lot of knowledge behind it and it was frustrating. My sister used Homebridge and I sought out Michelle, my loan originator. I met her once when my sister was going through the process when she was purchasing her own little place not too long ago. The Chase rep was nice enough, but when I told them that I was reaching somewhere else and that I wanted to know what my options were, they started getting a bit pushy and I didn't like that at all. I turned and reached out to Michelle and we stuck with her.

We had a lot of complications trying to get a lot of paperwork together, but Michelle was extremely helpful. She would turn around and go back to whoever she has to answer to and ask if she got stuck with something or needed further assistance. She knew how she'd reach out to her superiors and they made it work. Even if I had any additional questions, I felt really comfortable calling her. She was extremely personal and I feel like I made a friend along the way. It was because of her that made everything go smoother. Even when my husband's home, I'm pretty much on my own but she always made herself available. Everyone at Homebridge took a part in this to make it happen, but she had a huge part in it.

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for allowing Homebridge to be part of your home financing journey and taking the time to leave a review for Michelle! We agree, Michelle goes above and beyond and we’re glad to have her on our team.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

We were buying a new house and we got a conventional mortgage from Homebridge. The application process was easy. We're self-employed so we had to send a ton of paperwork. Everything moved quickly with the lending process. We had so much going on because the house we were buying was a new construction. So, we had the first appraisal and we weren't sitting around waiting. The rep who processed our loan application was good and we were comfortable working with him. He knew his stuff and there weren’t any changes or surprises. We communicated mostly through email and he was very effective in that. Homebridge was great in how they worked with us to help us close our loan, but the closing cost could have been cheaper. Nevertheless, our experience with them was smooth and good and there weren’t any hidden transactions or hidden fees.

Hi Karen,

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We’re glad you loved your Homebridge experience, we take pride in it! Congratulations on your new journey. We’re excited to see what’s in store for you & your new home.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

We're both 46 years old and we wanted to do something for the future and for our family. We wanted to buy a new home so we looked into getting a mortgage. I wanted to work with someone else but HomeBridge was the financing company that the people we bought the house from were using and providing that we use their services, we had a few kickbacks on our benefit. So, we decided to go with HomeBridge. We got approved quickly but the application process was not upfront. Chris was the head of things and my wife asked him what was going on and told him that our application has been in there for a month. He said he would look into it. He then told us that it was sitting on someone’s desk for a month and a day or two after that, everything started going forward on their behalf. Everything was done in a timely fashion on their end once the ball got rolling and outside of that day, I was comfortable working with them.

If I had my way at the time, I would've changed my mind to go with someone else because of that situation. However, we were stuck because we had to use that company through the people that we were buying a home from. So, when things hit their desk, to have an opportunity to give somebody some money, go through with it. The rate could have been a little better but they told me that it was better to lock it in at that time which was in December or I cannot lock the rate in at the time of my closing. So, we had no choice. Still, HomeBridge is a great company to go with. You have to make sure as you're going about the loan that you can stay on top of the people because not getting into a house in quite some time, we were dumbfounded. We felt that everything was being worked at in a timely fashion until we finally called and asked what was going on.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Kevin, Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. Customer service is a top priority for Homebridge. We’re sorry to hear about your experience. You will find a direct message in your inbox to get more information about the situation.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Dealing with Homebridge in my home buying experience made me rethink even purchasing. The entire process was frustrating. The lone standout was Debora who tried to keep the process on track. Several balls were dropped and the closing only happened on time because I had to become a royal witch. It upset me that I even had to get to that point. Our seller had to close the next day. Failing to meet the closing date was not an option. I will never recommend Homebridge to anyone.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Hello Beth, thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. We’d like to apologize for your less than pleasant experience. Please allow us the opportunity to discuss your situation further with a private message from our team.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

We were looking to buy another property. We've dealt with Tony from HomeBridge Financial Services on one of our properties and we had a great experience and liked the service, and so we returned to them. Obtaining the mortgage was easy, simple and quick. Everything was laid out for us. Tony also kept the lines of communication open and so if we had any question or if anything came up during the process, we were always informed. We would definitely refer HomeBridge Financial Services to people. They're a good company and they made the process very easy.

Hi Byron,

Thanks for the raving review! We're glad that Tony and the Homebridge team provided a smooth loan process.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I'm a first-time home buyer and the process of obtaining the mortgage and the application with Homebridge Financial Services was very easy, comfortable and straightforward. There weren't surprises. It was fairly explained and presented and was completed in less than a month, pretty much right away. For the first time, I didn't have any doubts. I dealt with John and Bryan. Bryan was the first person I spoke with. He was very helpful and he gave me a few hints and advised me about budgets and what documentation I needed. He was very easy to talk to. It was the same thing with John. Everything went pretty smoothly and I can't wait to get another house and get it together with those guys. It was a great experience, so far.

Hello Richard,

Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review. We’re glad you loved your Homebridge experience, we take pride in it! Congratulations on your new journey. We’re excited to see what’s in store for you & your new home.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I called the customer service this week about my mortgage being reported late on my credit report. Rosario was the customer service representative that answered the call. Rosario clearly does not care about the customers of Homebridge or apparently Homebridge makes so much money that they do not have to treat people with dignity and respect. Because Rosario did not want to discuss my concern any longer she told me that if I kept talking she was going to hang up on me which is what she did. I will refinance my mortgage with another company EVEN if it means paying a higher payment because Homebridge's version of customer service is similar to what you could expect from mob! Disgusted and very Disappointed!!! The worst!!!

Homebridge Financial Services response

Hello Ms. Campbell, thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. We’d like to apologize for your less than pleasant experience. Please allow us the opportunity to discuss your situation further with a private message from our team.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I have had my loan 2 years and it was sold last month. They audited my loan and my escrow is short $2000.00 plus!! No one has ever contacted me from Homebridge in 2 years and my escrow papers each year and docs don't show a shortage?! Someone is fudging something somewhere! My loan payment changed the very first month by $70-less - that was 2 years ago. Guess what? That was the USDA fee they were supposed to be taking out monthly - but instead were just cutting a check at the end of 2017 and 2018 without my knowledge and that is what put me in the negative - and yes I have all supporting docs to verify.

Now I owe money that I don't have and the new loan company wants it in 2 weeks or add $175.00 to my monthly bill to catch up! Isn't the USDA loan supposed to be so people can afford a home? I can't afford this new monthly payment because someone doesn't know how to do their job - and were covering it up for 2 years, without notifying me and changing figures on docs.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Jennifer, Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. Customer service is a top priority for Homebridge. We’re sorry to hear about your experience. You will find a direct message in your inbox to get more information about the situation.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Amanda **, our loan officer, was incredible at making sure we hit our (very tight) timeline to fund. We went from accepted offer to closed in 21 days and that was over Thanksgiving as well! Great experience! We would totally recommend Homebridge to anyone looking for a speedy close!

Hello Robert,

Thanks for allowing Homebridge to be part of your homebuying journey and taking the time to leave a review for Amanda! We agree, Amanda goes above and beyond and we’re glad to have her on our team.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I got a conventional loan program through HomeBridge. Mike was my mortgage lender and the application process I went through was easy. Mike was great and I was impressed by his knowledge and encouragement throughout the whole process. I was very comfortable working with him. This company is the bomb.

Hello Sonny!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Working with HomeBridge was easy. The communication line was always opened. Explaining the process and paperwork was clear as my loan officer made it easy to work with. Lots of patience with clear directions that the goal was accomplished smoothly and quickly.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Hello, Johan! We work hard to meet your expectations and we’re happy to hear we accomplished our goal. Thank you for trusting Homebridge with such a special milestone in your life!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I was confused a little bit with the application and underwriting process because HomeBridge Financial was asking for the same set of papers over and over again for a couple of weeks until I got upset and asked how many times I need to send the papers. They just stopped and said that they would check all their mails and put all the papers together. I talked to their loan officer and it was great. She said the loan would be done on the 20th of the month but it closed 10 days after that. However, it didn’t bother me as I was not in a hurry.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Hello Natalia, thank you for taking time to give us feedback. We will share your comments with the team and look for ways to improve our process. We appreciate you trusting us with your home financing journey.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Kevin ** and his team were excellent to work with, they were thorough and patient answering our many questions. I will be a repeat customer and will recommend them to others. Many thanks to making an otherwise stressful purchase streamlined.

Hello Paula,

Homebridge Financial Services Company Information

HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc.
194 Wood Avenue South, Ninth Floor