4.39/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Homebridge Financial Services

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc. is one of the largest privately held, non-bank lenders in the United States.

On February 2, 2017, HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc., completed the purchase of the operating assets of Prospect Mortgage, LLC from Prospect Holding Company, LLC.

In the last 25 years, HomeBridge has grown to include nearly 3,000 associates throughout its corporate offices, 250 retail branches and two wholesale divisions, HomeBridge Wholesale and REMN Wholesale.

HomeBridge holds FNMA, GNMA, FHLMC, FHA and VA approvals and funded nearly $10 billion in home loans in 2016. The company securitizes the majority of its production and as of January 2017 its servicing portfolio totaled $17 billion.

More information on HomeBridge can be found online at www.HomeBridge.com .

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 10, 2017

570 Homebridge Financial Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I wanted to purchase a new home, and I applied for an FHA loan from HomeBridge Financial Services. The process took a month and it went smoothly. It was the quickest I’ve ever been. The loan officers were pretty good, and for the most part, they were able to answer my questions. But I had some problems with my insurance after the hurricane Irma got me and they didn’t want to help me in any way. I was told that my loan was already closed, so I had to deal with it myself. And I’ve already taken care of it. HomeBridge is a really good company to deal with and if you want your home, they’ll help you get it.

Hi Angelique,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review! We're happy to hear that you had a positive experience with HomeBridge and we appreciate your feedback.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

We used Homebridge for our FHA 203K loan due to their aptitude in dealing with these specific loans; our initial experience with them was most promising, regular communication, detailed information. However as soon as those papers were signed, we had no more dealings with the staff who signed us up and instead passed through to what I can only describe as a call center environment with members of staff who quite clearly could not care less but create the illusion that they are attempting to do something helpful.

The first issue came when our first annual review of our Escrow was performed; they sent us a check, when we queried where this came from and why, the only reason we were given at the time was, that we paid too much and our mortgage was adjusted to reflect the new changes; however, a few months down the line, when our insurances were due, it was discovered they stopped collecting for this, so we had to pay out of pocket or increase our monthly mortgage for the next 12 months to cover the shortfall due to their oversight. A pretty simple process that was handled badly and resulted in multiple phone calls and us having to resolve it ourselves. The next issue comes following Hurricane Harvey, our home got flooded; we called to inform them and were told of a 90-day forbearance and that someone would get in contact.

We were not contacted and we had to call and speak to various departments to get better information, which turns out that, they were not prepared for this eventuality and as such would have to wait until they got instructions and processes in place; this took two weeks before we were told the most bizarre and insane process that helps nobody but Homebridge, it is as follows: A 90 day forbearance allows us to hold off paying our mortgage for three months, we won't be charged late fees, nor will a report be issued to the credit agency; however, at the end of the three months, we would have to pay it all, that's paying three months of mortgage payments plus your fourth month all in one go. Honestly, what is the point of this process? Someone thought they had a great brainwave here and everyone agreed and then implemented this useless, laughable process. Again, Homebridge creating the illusion of helping.

The next issue is, we are lucky enough to have flood insurance (a requirement) which should pay out; the insurance checks are made payable to mortgagees and Homebridge. The Advance Payment checks process with Homebridge is pretty standard across the board with the majority of lenders; they simply endorse the check and send it back; However, here's the crazy part. If you receive any additional payments from insurance and if it exceeds $20,000; Homebridge have a different policy. First you must submit the insurance adjuster's report (provided you actually get one). Send in your contractor's estimate (which you have to sign and agree to), W9, Licence and Insurance (Incl. any subcontractors for plumbing and electrics). Complete a Homebridge claim form. Complete another Homebridge document and get it notarized.

Finally, sign the check and send this to Homebridge. They review this (i.e. sits on someone's desk for a week, then shuffled and moved to someone else), then assuming all goes well, they place funds into an Escrow account to which only they have access and rights to distribute funds; they also will periodically send inspectors to ensure work is complete (also assuming this would be at your own expense, not theirs). Here's another problem, they lie; I'm sure it's not on purpose, it's simply down to lack of communication within their business, they make statements and then another person will make the complete opposite statement. I'm sure it's not intentional but it is sheer incompetence, regardless.

We sent in an advance payment check from our insurance to them for signing, we did this via UPS to arrive first thing Monday morning, we did this for our own benefit, to ensure it got there ASAP and safely; however, we were told by their loss draft department that the check would be issued back in the same method it was sent in, the very words we were told. However when checking on the status five days later, we discover that checks are sent by standard mail (not tracked, nor signature required), so we had to pay them $12 to ensure when the check is issued back to us, that it's sent via UPS tracked. We were told we would get an email receipt and tracking number; we never got one (surprise, surprise!). We were also told it should be due to be sent out Friday or early Monday; I can almost guarantee, we will have to call up on Tuesday and be told it's still in process or they are waiting on us to do something.

I very much dislike leaving reviews, especially ones of this nature but because it's only been one year with Homebridge and we have had to put up with such utter nonsense, confusion, stress, delays, lies and staff who do not have a vested interest in actually helping to make a difference; we have to wonder how can this lender continue in this manner considering their small market share and the huge options with other lenders. I am simply flabbergasted at the sheer incompetence and their inane and archaic policies that do nothing to actually better their customers in any way, shape or form but will continue to provide the illusion of caring and being helpful. Respectfully, a very disheartened customer.

Mr. Hornsby,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. We are sorry to hear that you feel you received less than the highest tier of customer service during your experience with HomeBridge. We’d like to learn more about the specifics of your experience. A member of our Customer Commitment team will be contacting you shortly to discuss further.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Dealing with HomeBridge has been extraordinarily difficult and profoundly stressful. I now know, first hand, how it came to be that mortgage companies caused the collapse of the housing market in 2006-07. Throughout my ongoing battle with HomeBridge, various representatives ignored questions and e-mails; refused to answer questions and provide information; refused to provide documentation; and blatantly and repeatedly lied to me - only correcting themselves when I independently secured proof they were lying.

Despite all of this, the most astonishing problem that I encountered was that no one I spoke to knew what they were doing. I received conflicting information all the time; not only from different representatives, but from the same representative(s) at different times. Rather than do things properly, or find out what properly needed to be done, it seemed they would simply make something up; and then when that was completed and I wanted to move forward, they made something else up. I would always find myself at "square one." When everyone refused to answer my questions, provide me with the documents I wanted, or take the action I was asking them to take, they passed me off to HomeBridge's attorney - who promptly refused to answer any of my questions!

I've never felt so disrespected, and it disgusts me that so much of my money and my home is tied to this company; a company that, aside from not wanting to deal with me - the consumer - apparently has no interest in properly servicing my account. If you are having problems with this company, know that you can submit complaints to the federal government's Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, here: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/.

If you believe an error has occurred, they may ignore you, but they cannot ignore the law, and they must investigate the error by law if you submit a "Notice of Error". This must be sent by CERTIFIED MAIL to this address: HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc., PO Box 100050, Kennesaw, GA 30156-9202, Attn: Customer Service. Also, if you want documents or information and they refuse or ignore you, they cannot by law ignore a formal request called a "Qualified Written Request," which must be submitted in writing, to the same address above, by certified mail.

Mr. McSurley,

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

My friend has recommended Jen from Homebridge Financial Services. She's a mortgage officer there and I was told that she was good, which she was, and she’s Chinese too. The home loan process was generally good, however there is a commitment day for the mortgage and by that day, we should have a pre-approved mortgage but we didn’t have it. It would be better if there are two days for it. Even though the mortgage officer promised me that there will be no problems, as a lawyer, I did not feel comfortable without having the mortgage fully approved. There’s still a risk that something might happen and the mortgage won’t be approved, and the customer would lose money. That's how the company operates and although I had a pretty good experience with Homebridge, there is room for improvement.

Hi Tianjun,

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I went with the VA loan program of Homebridge Financial Services and the application process was efficient. They were quick to get back to me and the appointments available were convenient for my timeline. The location we met at was also kept. They even sent me a good street map to make sure I knew where to go. Also, the guy I worked with was accessible via text, phone call and in-person meeting as well as after hours.

Hi David,

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc.?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I got a conventional loan from HomeBridge Financial Services more than a month ago. I was buying a house and my realtor told me about them. I did the loan with my realtor and the application process was very smooth and decent. The reps I’ve talked to were very professional and friendly as well. I recommend HomeBridge Financial Services.

Hi Isidro,

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Homebridge Financial Services was referred to me by Century 21 Real Estate. It was easy to apply for a conventional loan from them. My loan officer did fine. And the process took longer than it should, but overall, I was satisfied.

Hi Erik,

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I was looking for a mortgage for a new house and the agent that I was working with was not getting the feedback as quickly as I wanted. The agent knows somebody from HomeBridge, so they recommended it. When I got the conventional loan, the loan officers were okay and responsive. They text or call and are very reachable all the time. However, the process was convoluted. Initially, I was told that I can do a 5% down, then 10% and at the end, it was 20% so I had to scramble to get the funds. I kept on getting, “You’ll get a better rate if you are putting more down.” But at the end of the day, I didn’t get what I wanted.

I closed on time but they’re not the best rate that we were looking for and I've already started looking for refinancing. I recommend them, but I caution my friends that they will have to be prepared to complete the process quickly. I can’t blame HomeBridge for everything. My situation was different from when I started off with the loan against when I finished it. All in all, they’re okay but I could have gotten a better rate from someone else and they need to work on that.

Hi Venkata,

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I’m a teacher and I tutored a kid whose family got a mortgage through HomeBridge and they recommended them. The loan was for my first home and I wanted something quick and my friend, who has a bad credit, highly recommended them as well. My credit wasn’t bad but I knew I had some things on my record that I needed to work on, and HomeBridge worked with me really well. The application process was easy and it was done through phone calls and emails. I would have liked a little more face-to-face time but they were always accessible to me at any time I needed them by phone, and they were amazing. All in all, HomeBridge met my needs and got me what I could afford. And they were very honest with me, too.

Hi Nicole,

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I thought that finding a loan officer was a good place to start so I did. I found one from Homebridge Financial and they were quick with everything so I went and got their residential loan program. Their application process was easy and smooth. They taught me everything on what to do and helped me through it. It was an excellent experience.

Hi Yongson,

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I bought a house and I looked into getting a loan. Claudette, the lender from Homebridge Financial, gave me a good rate. She worked out the loan application process and did a good job. I definitely want to go for another loan with her.

Hi Aron,

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

We went to Homebridge first and we couldn’t find used homes so we went to KB Home and we were going to buy a new home. We went through the process over there first but after the final price of everything, we decided that it was too expensive for us for a used home. That’s when we went back to Homebridge. They are building crazy over here in Vegas again and prices are skyrocketing. It was really tough to find a home. We looked at so many homes and were just getting discouraged. Then one day, we were driving up a street and we saw a sale sign in a nice area. We called our realtor and that was it and we closed within 30 days or less.

The application was fairly fast. They had pre-qualified us for a loan a few months prior to me even making a purchase. Every single person we came in contact with was just as helpful as could be and we didn’t have a problem with anybody. It’s not every day that you buy a house and if someone gives you great service, you would stick with them. If someone was to ask me, “Who did you go through?” I would recommend Homebridge.

Hi Leonard,

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I live in Orlando, FL. Our state suffered a hurricane on 9-11-2017. I have been a homeowner for 5 yrs and this is my first major hurricane in my home. I suffered damage to my home (minor). I contact Homebridge due to a few of my neighbor's mortgage payments have been suspended up to 3 months due to Florida was declared a disaster state. I was told that if I want to skip the month of October that would be ok but come November I would have to pay October and November. What sense does that make? If I have to pay for damages on my home why would I want to skip a month and then pay double the following month does not add up whatsoever. I am beyond upset they do not care about me nor my home. They are no help to homeowners. I am stuck with them until I refinance which I don't plan on doing no time soon. I would not recommend anyone to Homebridge.

Hi Laneisha,

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I wanted to get a loan to get my new house and Homebridge Financial Services was recommended to me so I went with them. The whole process was easy. Homebridge asked for information and I just provided it to them. The loan officer was nice and efficient. He took care of my questions and everything. Overall, they were very nice and they did their job very well.

Hi Kaisum,

appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

My contract was June 12 but finalized July 28. Everything was on time and Tyler was very efficient, friendly, and helped to smooth things out. The only thing is on the closing day, the funds did not arrive on time. We have a closing day scheduled at 9:00, but we waited for the funds to arrive until 11:00. But Tyler explained to me that’s because the closing company didn’t submit the final documents to Homebridge. I don’t know what’s going on there but we just sat there on the closing table waiting a couple of hours. Other than that, everything is fine. My experience with Homebridge was very good as well as the service.

Hi Christina,

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I did a 203K home renovation Refinance through Homebridge. This is a complex loan and my team at Homebridge is doing a great job. I didn't always hear exactly what I wanted to hear and I think that is what makes Homebridge different from companies like Quicken. Homebridge told me the truth about my options and what it would cost me upfront, and then was willing to work with me through the rough patches. I can't imagine even attempting to do a 203K rehab loan with any other company.

Hi Carol,

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Please do not use this company for any reason. I called today to receive a forbearance on my loan for 90 days because of the hurricane and I was told that I could receive the forbearance period but would have to pay all of it back on the fourth month. How is this supposed to help people. This is not a true forbearance. This company is shady. Stay away.

Hi Jay,

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I got an FHA loan program with Homebridge Financial Services. Homebridge was offering great rates and I've got good reviews of them too. I live in Las Vegas and the market was going up. With all of the sports teams coming in here I knew it was the best time to get into the market. Their application process was very easy. Also my loan officer was very easy to work with. Whatever he promised me at the beginning of the first meeting he got it done and on time. They are excellent and I definitely will recommend them.

Hi Kevin,

appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

We have two different loans from Homebridge. One is the first-time home buyers and the other is the investment. The rate was good, the service is great and we’re satisfied. Their loan officer is a great guy and I like him. The whole process is very efficient and productive. Overall, they did a very good job.

Hi James,

appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

My son is a mortgage broker for Homebridge Financial Services so I went to him to refinance my mortgage. The application process was fine. I paid off my debt and I feel wonderful. They really take care of everything. I’m very pleased and I have no complaints at all.

appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I was initially looking for an investment loan for an investment property, but then I decided to purchase a home for myself because I found a good deal. Homebridge offered rehab loan through the Fannie Mae program. That led me to them and then, I ended up using them for my home purchase. I loved my mortgage officer and we actually are in touch because I’m still looking for an investment property. He was extremely responsive, took the time to talk to me to understand what I was doing, what I wanted to do, and my goals. He was extremely easy to talk to and great to work with. I’m working with my loan officer for a second purchase. Homebridge did something well that's why I came back to them. And I've told people about their service.

Hi Nyasha,

appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I heard about Homebridge through my realtor's lender. I felt confident in the referral because I've used my realtor in the past in selling my home. I went with a 30-year fixed loan and the application was really easy. The personnel who was handling my whole loan made the process really streamlined and it was great. I was also impressed with the quickness and the consistent follow-ups of the loan officer. They were able to close in earlier than the date itself, but it had something to do with the seller. Everything was positive.

Hi Rich,

appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

Homebridge Financial was already setup with the builder. The application process was good, and the loan officer had the best treatment. It was an excellent experience.

Hi Jose,

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

We had a great realtor who told us about Homebridge Financial so it made sense for us to work with them. The application process was easy and our loan officer, Nick was fabulous. The best part about him was how quick he was to respond. Even when I sent him an email at 7:00 at night, he called me right back. He was terrific. That communication and his kindness were great. We were also told exactly what we needed and how to upload it. We did it and it was done, quick and painless.

Hi Jennifer,

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Homebridge Financial Services was on a list of agencies provided by the home seller. It was a choice out of four different places. The application process was easy and mostly, I dealt with the loan officer by email. Everything was fine.

Hi Wendy,

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I met Brian from Homebridge Financial and he was good, so we chose them. Their application process was good as well and the loan officers were knowledgeable and good to work with. It was a smooth transaction, no hiccups and they were well prepared for everything.

Hi Richard,

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Homebridge has all the systems to make the application process easy. We signed all the papers online and we bought a house in Fresno but we were still in LA. Our experience was very good because they are very professional and they make the process quickly. The best treatment we got was with the loan officer. She was very good.

Hi Leticia,

appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Working with Dave ** and his team has been a great experience. I went through 2 loan officers and wasn't satisfied. I was referred to Dave ** and they made it easy and helped me become a first time home buyer! I would recommend him and his team!

Hi Joanna,

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

This is the first time I worked with your company and Scot was great to work with. He was easy to reach and answered all of my questions. He was friendly and is very knowledgeable. I will refer other buyers to him in the future.

Hi Dennis,

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I learned about Homebridge Financial through a friend and that's why I decided to use them. I went with the first-time home buyer loan program and the application process was thorough and easy. They explained everything and the loan officer was good. I’m pleased with Homebridge overall.

Hi Laserik,

Homebridge Financial Services Company Information

HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc.
    194 Wood Avenue South, Ninth Floor