4.36/5
Based on 134 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc. is one of the largest privately held, non-bank lenders in the United States.

On February 2, 2017, HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc., completed the purchase of the operating assets of Prospect Mortgage, LLC from Prospect Holding Company, LLC.

In the last 25 years, HomeBridge has grown to include nearly 3,000 associates throughout its corporate offices, 250 retail branches and two wholesale divisions, HomeBridge Wholesale and REMN Wholesale.

HomeBridge holds FNMA, GNMA, FHLMC, FHA and VA approvals and funded nearly $10 billion in home loans in 2016. The company securitizes the majority of its production and as of January 2017 its servicing portfolio totaled $17 billion.

More information on HomeBridge can be found online at www.HomeBridge.com .

Read More Read More
Last updated: May 17, 2018

662 Homebridge Financial Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 17, 2018

I purchased a new home and I looked into getting a regular mortgage. From the beginning, Bryan from Homebridge was my main guy and he took care of me. And for the most part, the process was pretty good. We had a 30-day escrow and the whole application and underwriting process took between 20 and 25 days. Everything was good and I’d recommend Homebridge.

Hi Ronald,

appreciate your feedback.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 16, 2018

John ** at Homebridge Financial has done all three of my personal mortgages and will do any in the future. I have also recommended him to others. I have never had an issue. He bends over backwards to get things done on time and correctly. He gets you the best options without any fine print. He is profession and personable and I wouldn't use or recommend anyone else.

Hi Thomas,

appreciate your feedback.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I was buying a new home and I shopped a bit for lenders. Homebridge Financial Services came as a recommendation from a realtor for some local lenders and they were able to offer the same rate as one of the national lenders. Also, I’d rather be with someone locally than someone who might be sitting in Boston or some other city. Their application process was seamless. I gave them all the general information and they took it from there. The site they used to upload documents was user-friendly for what they needed, all the e-sign and all that stuff. It was also convenient because I was in the middle of a full home move. It would have been difficult to try and print, sign, and send back.

Once you upload the document, it tells you that it has been uploaded successfully, but there was no way to go and look at all the documents that you've actually uploaded. You just get a notice if you’re missing something and you can go back in. I kept up with what I've uploaded just manually myself. But that would be a nice feature to the application process as you are providing in documents because there is a lot of information that you need to provide and some people might lose track what they had uploaded and sent already.

Whenever you are buying a new house, the closing process and the underwriting process, all that is stressful as it is. Once I gave them the initial information on the front end, there was absolutely zero coming back to me to say, “We forgot to tell you this or we forgot to give you this.” That kind of stuff can be extremely frustrating when you’re trying to close on a house. They did a great job on the front-end just to make sure all the boxes were checked and there was really no back and forth. It was more of just follow-ups to make sure that I had everything I needed. We closed on April 10th, which was four weeks from my first meeting with Homebridge and it was fast.

Homebridge's rate was competitive as anything else that I found on the market. I’d only found one other lender with the same rate. And I was able to negotiate the rate slightly. I had received one offer that was lower and they worked with me to get my rate to something that was equal. That was positive and very helpful. I appreciated that. Also, I interacted with my rep, Kevin, often throughout the whole process and he was professional and was always very responsive, especially to answer the questions that I may have about particular documents that I might need. I would recommend Homebridge. They were so good and very positive.

Hi John,

appreciate your feedback.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Since I'm buying another home, I looked into a mortgage and Homebridge Financial Services was referred to me. I’ve always dealt with other mortgage companies and I haven’t used my bank, so I decided to go with them and it was good. The whole process didn't take that long and using the internet for it was new to me, so that was really nice.

However, they had three different people that I worked with just to let me know from the beginning what I was gonna have. They need to be more informative about those three people but on the whole, my organizer was great and the people that I worked with did a good job. It was very comfortable working with them and the mortgage had a decent rate. I already referred a couple of people and I told them that I had a great experience with Homebridge Financial and it’s not as hard as it used to be.

Good morning Lisa,

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 5, 2018

In addition to securing a lower fixed interest rate, another main reason of our re-fi loan was to avoid having to deal with Cenlar Loan Services (read the reviews). I was expressly told by Homebridge several times not to worry, that they serviced their own loans. I agreed to terms, and to my shock and disappointment received several letters that informed me my loan had been sold - to Cenlar Loan Services! I regret dealing with this outfit. I will mention that Tony ** tried to alleviate the situation by partially refunding the appraisal fee. Although appreciated, I am reminded every month when I write a check that as a result of a bait and switch scheme, I am dealing with a sub-standard servicer. Beware!

Homebridge Financial Services response

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc.?

Original review: May 1, 2018

I never had a problem with Homebridge until this past year. We had a hard time making the payment in December 2017, the customer rep on the phone made it seem like it was ok to make it up the next month. However, he failed to tell me that they were going to report it to Credit Bureau and hit me with late charges. Then, it seems like every customer rep tells me something different every time I call, basically they are good till you have to call and get some help. I am discouraged by them, I have had made every mortgage payment on time all my life and they are messing with my credit reporting. :(

Homebridge Financial Services response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. We are sorry to hear that you feel you received less than the highest tier of customer service during your experience with HomeBridge. A member of our Customer Commitment team will be contacting you shortly to discuss further.

Original review: May 1, 2018

Homebridge is who I used to finance my home and has been servicing my loan. They have terrible communication and have not followed through with services they assured they would. I have had numerous phone calls with them regarding the payment of my property taxes and been told 5 different things from 5 different people. Each phone call I am assured that they will pay the taxes as discussed and it still has not happened. They then sold my loan (totally normal) and gave me 9 days notice, again still without paying my property taxes. So now I get to restart with a new lender trying to get my property taxes paid. I will say the lender I used here was excellent, unfortunately, the company itself is terrible. Will be filing a complaint with the BBB.

Hi Madylan,

during your experience with HomeBridge. We’d like to learn more about the specifics of your experience. A member of our Customer Commitment team will be contacting you shortly to discuss further.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I had a great experience with Homebridge Financial Services. My father-in-law was moving in with us and we needed a different house. We chose to get a conventional, 30-year, fixed loan program with Homebridge because of their reputation. The process of obtaining a mortgage was seamless and very simple. In addition, they gave prompt answers to all my questions. The loan originator I spoke with was great. Her name was Nancy and I was impressed with her overall knowledge, not only on the mortgage side but also with the real estate agents. I couldn't be more comfortable working with her. Other than that, I was very satisfied with the rate and terms I received. I was also impressed with their technology and them keeping everybody informed throughout the process.

Good morning Robert,

appreciate your feedback.

Original review: April 18, 2018

HomeBridge had the best First-Time Homebuyer program and they were very nice and forthcoming with the information. My realtor got me in touch with their rep, Clay, and I really enjoyed working with him and his assistant. They were both very helpful. I could call them at any time and they were right there and had an answer for me. Clay told me what I would need and I got them together. Then everything fell into place. The rate and terms of the mortgage were okay and the entire process took a couple of weeks.

Good morning Misty,

appreciate your feedback.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I'm a first-time homebuyer and the seller required that we use Homebridge. Working with the originator was great. It was pretty seamless and I was happy with the outcome. They were good in answering any questions that I had and very helpful along the way. Everything was so automated. It was all online and I was able to go in and see pretty much everything. It was so user-friendly. However, there was a test or some sort of a course that needs to be taken. They should be giving that a little bit more in advance. I had already been speaking with them for some time before it was given to me.

There were a lot of different hands in the process. But everyone just made sure that I knew that they were at my disposal and that if I can ask any questions, that they were there. It went so smoothly. My rate could have been lower because I feel like I had pretty good credit. But I know that there are a lot of factors that go into that. And as far as the other terms, they were pretty fair and I would recommend Homebridge.

Good morning Eliza,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review! We're happy to hear that you had a positive experience with HomeBridge and we appreciate your feedback.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Our house was damaged during Hurricane Harvey. We accepted the forbearance and subsequent Loan Modification process and were guaranteed there would be no negative credit reporting. We have never been late on any payments. I found out they reported 3 derogatory late payments and it has dropped my score by 100 points. I have never had a late payment on my entire 25 year credit report history. This is a horrible company that will destroy your credit due to their incompetent staff. BEWARE.

Hi Tamara,

Original review: April 8, 2018

We were looking at possibly moving to a bigger house and the prices were quite high right now so we just decided to do a refinance with Homebridge so that we could put that money into the house and still be well under if we were to move. We did a new roof and gutters and we would be adding a new bathroom. The process for the refinance took a couple of weeks and was really quick. Everything was smooth and seamless and their rate was fair. I enjoyed working with Alishia, and her whole team was good. They were really on the ball with any emails, paperwork, and questions. And the e-signing was very convenient. Overall, the experience was just pleasant.

Good morning Hayley,

Original review: April 5, 2018

Personable, knowledgeable, responded to questions accurately and timely, there were no surprises. I had a positive experience. If I needed a mortgage broker in the future, I would use HomeBridge again. I would recommend HomeBridge, specifically Christian's office in Mt Laurel, NJ.

Hi Cynthia,

Original review: April 5, 2018

Amie ** from HomeBridge Financial, I have no words! Actually I do. She is the most proactive person I know. I was never in the dark on anything, very easy to work with as long as you do what you're told! As the REMAX Listing Agent (LA) was about to find out what Amie was made of. The LA was the worst, dragged her feet on every part of this transaction, down to the 11th hour. Amie, was phenomenal!!! She has my recommendation if you’re looking for a great person to get the job done. Thank you Amie and your crew. Between Amie and Rachel, I couldn’t have had a better team. Kind of feel sorry for the LA from REMAX, because she don’t have much to sit on anymore. Thanks again Amie. See you at the party.

HiThomas,

Original review: April 4, 2018

A very good experience. Loan originator and staff went way over and above requirements to secure our loan. A very satisfactory transaction! We can't think of anything that would be considered a complaint. Settled in a very short time.

Hi John,

Original review: April 4, 2018

Judy ** and her team in New Smyrna Beach do an outstanding job. The process was great from start to finish. I would highly recommend Homebridge and Judy ** and her team to anyone looking for a mortgage in the New Smyrna Beach, Florida.

Hi Gilbert,

Original review: April 4, 2018

My first-time home-owner experience was handled with professionalism and care. I appreciate the entire team for exceeding all expectations, responding promptly, and maintaining all correspondence throughout the process. It helped to be able contact my loan officer when I needed to. Thanks for all your help!!

Hi Temekia,

Original review: April 4, 2018

Mark ** is absolutely the best lender in the PNW! I have worked with him many times as a realtor and now 5 times as a customer. He is incredibly competent and never fails to impress. He does a great job at explaining each step of the process which minimizes the stress of buying and selling property. If you want a smooth transaction call Mark ** at HomeBridge. He will get the job done!

Hi Angelique,

Original review: April 4, 2018

Stephen ** has made this a very nice experience. I will tell everyone I know who is looking for a home to use Homebridge because even when I thought there was no hope, they made our dream come true. Stephen is knowledgeable and very good at what he does.

HI Velda,

Original review: April 4, 2018

Since I haven't applied for a mortgage since 1989, it seems that the new regulations have dramatically complicated the process of getting a mortgage. While our loan officer was great, the process of working through the seconday approval was difficult. We often felt we gave the same information in slightly different formats several times and sometimes felt that our explanations were not trusted. A late requirement for additional information caused us a lot of heartburn as it would have possibly caused us to break our contract. I don't plan on getting another mortgage, but I was, I would definitely pick a mortgage company whose reputation was for ease of doing business - our experience with Homebridge was very far from that.

Hi Jean,

Original review: April 4, 2018

Bryan and his team were always available to answer any of my questions and did so in a very timely matter. An issue came up and Bryan's team went way out of their way to ensure I was satisfied. I really appreciate everything they did to help me with my first home!

Hi Megan,

Original review: April 4, 2018

We were seeing about purchasing a house that's fit for my husband's work. At that time, I knew Clay, the representative from Homebridge Financial Services while I did office. He was very competent and able to get what we needed done. Out of all the lenders, I had come to another friend because they said they were very quick. They also told us what they could and couldn't do.

We spoke to Homebridge over the phone and inputted everything on the computer. Their application process was very good. They got it done very quickly. The communication was very good but I missed the more personal touch, some more one-on-one face time. Still, I felt I was being very well taken care of. In fact, their loan originator was very pleasant, personable and extremely professional. We told them what rate we wanted and they got it. This whole office was excellent and we were very satisfied with them. They were with us on all our good days and bad days. And we were not at any time told that it could not be achieved. They said they thought they could work with it and they would definitely try them off, and they did.

Hi Tilak,

appreciate your feedback.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I had a good experience with Homebridge Financial Services. I had a new home purchase and I submitted all the required information that the lady asked for. The application process was easy and fairly quick. And the loan originator was friendly and very nice and I'm impressed with the response times to the questions. However, I'm never happy with the rates. It was fair considering the market rate now but I still think they're always way too high for people trying to purchase a home. Also, Homebridge will sell your loan within a month and then you got to change everything and pay somebody else.

Hi Bradley,

appreciate your feedback.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I had worked with Fernando of Homebridge Financial on a purchase sometime earlier last year and I thought that they had a very solid team. I chose them again for my 1031 exchange. We sat down and briefly discussed the project. Then we had some emails going. It was fairly standard and hassle-free as hassle-free could be.

So much happened on a 1031. There was a lot of material and I had to move a lot of documents from point A to point B. To whatever degree that an individual can make that easier for you was the most important piece, and they certainly did that. I thought that the electronic piece was quite good. They had a platform where I put my name on the website, and then I downloaded documents through that. It was particularly helpful for not only security reasons but also for ease. Somebody sent me an email and I did it later on in the evening. It went straight there, which made it easier than the old scanning of stuff and sending it to one person.

I have dealt with a fair amount of transactions and they are what they are. Consumers are always looking for better terms, better interest rates, but I had realized that those things are more of a function of the market than they are of a particular lender. Homebridge has a solid platform and, at this point in time, I would totally use them again through Fernando’s shop.

Hi Cristian,

appreciate your feedback.

Original review: March 20, 2018

We came to HomeBridge through our realtor after experiencing some inexplicable delays with a nationally known lender. The staff was, after reviewing our data, able to quickly assure us that we would qualify for a loan and framed the amount of the loan in terms that were mutually acceptable. They were exceptionally conscientious about communication during our home search and meticulous in attention to detail. We were thoroughly satisfied with every aspect of the process.

Hi Richard,

appreciate your feedback.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I am so happy that I choose Homebridge financial. Everyone that worked on my home loan made the process as smooth as possible. I felt like I knew everyone for years the way they were so friendly and made me feel like family. Everyone was cheering for me to get my home and they made sure that I did. If there is something that needs to done to help you to get your loan Homebridge will see to it. Everyone on the team worked so hard but so smart on helping me get my first home loan and I am very happy.

Hi Tanisha,

appreciate your feedback.

Original review: March 13, 2018

We were very satisfied with our Home mortgage experience, especially our Loan Originator, Christy **. She was very easy to work with, both thru emails and phone correspondence, making sure the process went as smoothly as possible. The only difficulties we have had, have been related to the transitioning of servicing the loan to CENLAR, which has been more perplexing than the entire loan process. Hopefully, everything will go smoothly from this point forward.

Hi William,

appreciate your feedback.

Original review: March 11, 2018

Diana is awesome. She's the best. Can't think any more highly of her! From start to finish she will always be by your side. Whether it's answering the stupidest of questions, to the most difficult ones. She will be there! She's a highly valuable member of HomeBridge.

appreciate your feedback.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Received a courtesy call reminding of monthly payment due. I explained to the representative that had mailed on time. Can only think that because it’s first payment it may take longer. Representative was very polite and helpful. She advised will make a note of the call and recommended to call back before the 15th to make sure would not be penalized. Payment cleared and posted today. Thanks.

appreciate your feedback.

Original review: March 7, 2018

The loan initiation and process went very well. Ann ** was fantastic to deal with. I was confused by some of the follow up calls I received and have still not been to connect with the team to be "welcomed aboard".

Homebridge Financial Services Company Information

HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc.
194 Wood Avenue South, Ninth Floor