Visit Website
  2. Mortgages
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Visit Website
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.49/5

“Homebridge Financial Services, Inc. (Homebridge), is one of the top 10 privately held, non-bank mortgage lending firms in the U.S. For more than 25 years, Homebridge’s vision has been to make the dream of home ownership a reality for every customer. Homebridge strives to do this by making the complicated mortgage lending experience simple, easy and transparent for everyone involved.

Mortgages, unlike almost any other financial transaction, rely on a variety of factors in determining the rate and amount a borrower can qualify for. In today’s on-demand and digital economy, Homebridge knows customers benefit the most by dealing with experts, not just algorithms. Homebridge’s success is based on hiring local market experts who understand existing regulations and work with borrowers to secure the best rate and type of mortgage, tailored to the borrower’s unique financial situation and goals.

The result is an elevated level of service that ensures an easy home buying process for everyone Homebridge works with, including real estate agents, the home builder community, and most importantly, the borrower.”

View More View More
Homebridge Financial Services(855) 321-7366 Visit Website

Homebridge Financial Services Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Homebridge is good. I didn’t have to pay for two months, so that was good. I haven’t had to make my first payment, but if everything went through what was on the paper, I’m happy. I went through the closing and I signed everything there. They had to come out and redo the closing for me because a couple of pages that were signed when the lady they sent for the closing made the copies of it had a line in it. So, she had to come back to my house. But when she did come to my house the first time, she was supposed to be here about 6:00 to 7:00 and she ended up showing up about 9:00. So, she was very late. And then her son was in the car outside, not that I could hear him at the time, but he had the music blaring very loud. When I went outside, I noticed the music was loud. I didn’t even know she brought her son, and I was like, “Hey, man, please turn that down. My neighborhood’s a gated community.”

The next day, I got a letter from the community saying that there were kids in my front yard and I have two children. So, I got blamed. They had to come back to do the resigning because of the paper mistake, and what I didn’t like was when she showed up, she said, “I’m sorry about my kid playing the music loud.” Why would anybody send the same person out that I’m really complaining about? So, that was kind of bad. She called me out once she finished everything and said, “Hey, listen. I heard the complaint about my son, and I’m apologizing for it.” I told her I didn’t complain about her son, but the community did, and I showed her the letter. I said, “That wasn’t for my children, but my children got blamed.” And then she apologized again. The company was great, but I would never send that lady out. The company did what they said, and they did it in a timely fashion. And they were very reputable.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the review. I apologize for the issues you had with the notary and will make sure to follow up on the information you provided.

Happy New Year.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I was at an open house and a real estate agent suggested that I go to HomeBridge. He told me that it was the actual bank. So, I went and I met this officer who was very helpful. She was the most wonderful and knowledgeable woman. She made me feel very comfortable. She and her partner worked together, and they got me this house. They were wonderful to work with and they helped me as much as they could. There was one problem that they couldn't take care of that I had to get all the information stuff from Upstate New York and all that kind of stuff, and I got it the day before we were supposed to close on the house.

The process, which was between the time that I went to go see the officer until the time that I closed on the house was probably four weeks. I was shocked that it went so fast and I appreciated that they didn’t want duplicates of everything. When I bought my house on Mill Pond, they asked for my taxes three separate times the entire time so, I’ll never go with them again. I was happy when I found HomeBridge.

The things that annoyed me and made me sick when I bought my other house were the things that HMS didn't have. They just worked and told me exactly what they needed. I gave them exactly what they wanted and they went with it. I love the face-to-face and that I can go and see a person, not everything online. The rates were wonderful. I wanted more of a 20-year mortgage but they said I couldn't and I had to have a 30-year mortgage. I wasn’t too happy about but I went with it. I would definitely steer people toward HomeBridge and recommend it.

Hi Josephine,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review! We’re happy we could assist you.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I wanted to buy a house. I was looking at this house and a realtor led me to Homebridge Financial Services. I then decided to get a USVA loan from them and they were an awesome company. I filled out my application over the phone and they helped me with it. A lady then called me back and took my information. That whole process didn't take long and went like clockwork. While I was comfortable with the process of getting the loan and it didn't take long, it was a little frustrating because Homebridge told me that the loan was a government loan and they asked for certain things. I had to get some things straight with my situation once I first got started and then after I did that, I had to wait because of the type of loan that I was dealing with.

Since the government was in my stuff, when I took money to the bank, they wanted to know where it came from. That made me a little frustrated. Someone should have told me to not put money in the bank because of that. Also, something wasn’t done correctly on my taxes and that really set back the process for six months since you have to wait six months to get things like that corrected. I was a little upset, but that was the process. But then I came back with the whole thing amended and the process moved on properly.

Working with Homebridge was really awesome though. The man I worked with helped me and was comforting. He called me every step of the way, asking me if I was okay, if I've found a house, and how was everything going. Then, since I wasn't gonna deal with the computer, I went over to their office and he was there. He helped me scan things, write a letter using such and such, and if there was something I didn't understand, I would ask him and he would explain it to me.

I also worked with Amanda and she was awesome as well. I started dealing with Dallas but then we would only talk via email. I learned how to send emails via my phone and then I would call Amanda and it seemed like she was working more closely with Dallas. I would also call Amanda if I was having a problem and she would always answer her phone. I would probably go back to them so they can help me with something else I’m trying to do.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Hello, Jacqueline! We work hard to meet your expectations and we’re happy to hear we accomplished our goal. Thank you for trusting Homebridge with such a special milestone in your life!

Original review: April 11, 2019

I applied for a 30-year fixed loan pre-approval before we even found our place because I knew our place would sell fast, and it did. It sold in four days. So, I knew we had to have stuff lined up and ready. The entire process with Homebridge took probably five weeks and things went okay. The only problem I had with them was having so much stuff done on the computer like doing the electric signing.

The lady who stayed on the phone with me gave me all the information, and I had it all ready for her. She told me which buttons to hit and sent me everything. She was very nice. I told her that our life is in folders so I took those to her ‘cause I didn’t feel comfortable with doing it online. I’m 72 years old and it was very challenging for me, but I'm sure my kids would have loved it. She didn’t know that we were coming in that day. I was just gonna drop the information but she came right out and said, “Come on in, sit down.” She took the time to go over the stuff and reassure us which I really appreciated. And when she was gonna trade those off to the underwriters, she always sent me an email.

However, their rates were higher than the last place we bought. But we had a very bad experience the last time two years before with Bank of America. We’d lived in the place for four years and bought it after two. There were no problems with our credit but ten days before closing, they called and said that they weren't gonna give us our loan just because they didn't like our HOA. And so, our seller financed us. She knew us from being her renters for two years, and she felt very comfortable doing that with us. We didn’t have the closing fees then. So now, we were shocked to have all these charges with Homebridge. But that’s what happens when you go through a mortgage company. Nevertheless, I would have no problem recommending them.

Hi Susan,

Original review: March 28, 2019

I was looking for a house and I looked at different mortgage companies. Homebridge happened to fulfill my needs, and I got an FHA loan from them. They went through an extensive stuff from two years back including my history of accounts and earning, income, savings, my jobs, insurance letters from the employers, and all my assets. They checked everything. The application process was lengthy and tiring, and we have done minor things repeatedly. They wanted to be clear. I provided all the information, and that went through, and finally, the application was approved.

I was not happy that my closing cost was a little more than I was expecting. I thought $7,000 would be maximum, but it was more than that. But they provided the best they could with the currents rates. They kept me informed about the stuff in case the rates will go down in the future and that I could refinance within five years. They were diligent and on top of all things. I worked with Warren and he kept me posted on the required stuff. He was texting and emailing, and calling me.

I'm comfortable with Homebridge. They respond quickly to my questions and they educate you on the payments, the interest, and everything. They are good and they make things work. And in the beginning, they'll tell you about certain things that need to be satisfied before the loan gets approved. I would recommend Homebridge and I would go with them again.

Majid,

Thank you for giving our Homebridge team the opportunity to help with your home financing. We appreciate your trust and are grateful you took time out of your day to leave us this review.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Homebridge Financial Services, Inc.?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

1. Homebridge took over 3 month to get my online account. This only was only fixed by me calling every day for months logging in over 60 hours of my time.

2. I applied for a one month FEMA natural disaster (all other creditors granted 1 -3 months) I called numerous times & emails. To date unresolved.

3. Illegally send my mortgage addressed to a relative, not on mortgage, title, or loan. They did this 8 times and I am filing charges in district court.

4. They are trying to increase my escrow by $200 per month. When my insurance only increased by $400 per year. 12 x 200 = 2400 vs 400 does not add up.

In general the customer service people are rude & callous. Many seem very young, immature with have no common sense or respect.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

Homebridge Financial Services did not pay my home insurance payments, even though they are legally required by FHA regulations. I first called them and asked why my homeowners insurance had not been paid, they told me that I didn't have an escrow account to insurance. Even though it's a legal requirement of a FHA loan they even told my insurance company that the payment was not escrowed as well. After Homebridge corrected the original issue of not paying insurance, they got a hold of my provider, and mailed a check, supposedly the check was not received or refused. Instead of notify me, they did nothing, allowing my insurance to lapse. Homebridge then sent me a fine for the lapse of coverage, which they are the cause of.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Hi Jonathan, I’m very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us! I sent you a direct message to get more information about the situation.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Ironically I chose Homebridge/Jonathan ** because reviews were good and stressed that he was a good communicator. He seemed to be initially, but when we got too far into the process to back out he went silent. This became a huge issue because the Escrow company he chose was abysmal. They also refused to communicate and made a $3000 error. Apparently no one double checks their math...in an escrow company. The lady could never get my name right either. Attention to detail completely absent. Get a recommendation from someone you know. These people get your money and then the customer service stops.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Hi Linda, I’m very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us! I sent you a direct message to get more information about the situation.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

On 10/03/2019 I began the process of a mortgage loan refinance with Homebridge Financial Services Inc License #6521 located at 8203 W Quinault Ave ste 700 Kennewick Wa 99336. My loan officer was ** NMLS #**. The loan was scheduled to close on 12/05/2019. The focus of the loan was to lower the interest rate on my current mortgage from 4.375% down to 3.5% while paying off a few debts.

Unfortunately, the loan did not close. Homebridge Financial and ** vanished on 12/06/2019 with no explanation, leaving me wondering the status of my loan. I reached out to Mr. ** on 12/20/2019 to request a explanation. Surprisingly, I received a statement of credit denial stating my "application was denied" on 10/03/2019. This statement is false. To put this in perspective I have spent 65 days providing documents, answering questions (via phone, email and text (,meeting with a home appraiser to whom I paid $875.00 and retrieving professional estimates for repair work.... all for a mortgage loan Homebridge Financial is now claiming never existed...?

I have in my possession the following documents to prove the validity of this loan:

1. Uniform Residential Loan Application with a "Welcome to Homebridge" letter dated 10/09/2019.

2. Preliminary Commitment for Title Insurance requested by Homebridge Financial to Columbia Title on 10/01/2019.

3. Mortgage loan commitment for title insurance requested by Homebridge Financial 10/22/2019.

4. Receipt for appraisal services $875.00 dated 10/31/2019.

5. 2 professional estimates for repair work requested by Homebridge dated 12/04/2019.

6. Pre-closing disclosure documents signed and dated by both parties 12/02/2019.

7. 60 emails and 200 text messages regarding this loan.

8. Request to open title and escrow refinance transaction from Homebridge Financial to 2 mortgage companies dated 11/22/2019.

9. Request for evidence of hazard insurance from Homebridge Financial to my homeowners insurance company dated 11/08/2019.

10. Evidence of property insurance requested by Homebridge Financial and completed by my insurance company 12/02/2019.

11. Email from Homebridge Financial to my insurance company stating "we have cancelled our transaction" dated 12/17/2019.

12. Email from Homebridge Financial to Columbia Title stating "we will not be moving forward with this file" dated 12/10/201.

Throughout the refinance process with Homebridge I became very suspicious that Homebridge and their chosen appraiser were committing mortgage/appraiser fraud. Homebridge has a long history of mortgage fraud dating back to 2014. Google Homebridge Financial fraud. When I alerted Homebridge to my suspicions they have tried to cover up this loan.

Hi Christine,

I’m very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us and I apologize for the late response. I have reached out to our leadership team and will respond as soon as I hear back. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to address the issue.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

Homebridge Financial Services was recommended by our Realtor. Homebridge can do better. The application was a lot of process if I have to compare it to a VA loan. This is our first experience with the regular loan compared to VA loan. With Homebridge, there was so much paperwork that I had to sign up, and it's very inconvenient for me. The application and underwriting process took about two months. It’s longer than I expected and wanted.

Homebridge could improve on their customer service and educating their clients because I always have the same questions to them and I never understand their questions. It's like they’re just giving me the runaround. It makes me frustrated. I know that there are some things that sometimes they may not know, but I would appreciate it if they will just tell me that they don’t know just so it will not add up into my stress and then I know what to expect.

It was kinda very unprofessional also because we were signing a paper to the office and Linda, therir rep, gets frustrated just because she was running out of time to do the paperwork. And my mom printed her name instead of a signature because that was what she has been asked to do, and then later on when Linda comes over, she said, “Oh, no. This has to be signature.” We run out of time and then everything got stressed out and I was not able to answer some questions that I needed to answer.

Hi Anita,

Homebridge Financial Services Company Information

Homebridge Financial Services, Inc.
    194 Wood Avenue South, Ninth Floor