Call toll free
4.38/5
Based on 167 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc. is one of the largest privately held, non-bank lenders in the United States.

On February 2, 2017, HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc., completed the purchase of the operating assets of Prospect Mortgage, LLC from Prospect Holding Company, LLC.

In the last 25 years, HomeBridge has grown to include nearly 3,000 associates throughout its corporate offices, 250 retail branches and two wholesale divisions, HomeBridge Wholesale and REMN Wholesale.

HomeBridge holds FNMA, GNMA, FHLMC, FHA and VA approvals and funded nearly $10 billion in home loans in 2016. The company securitizes the majority of its production and as of January 2017 its servicing portfolio totaled $17 billion.

More information on HomeBridge can be found online at www.HomeBridge.com .

View More View More

702 Homebridge Financial Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 15, 2018

We bought a condo here in Florida and our real estate agent recommended Homebridge to take care of our mortgage. The loan originators were friendly and I like that the documents were sent out electronically. They sent us forms and we filled them out online and that made it easy for us. And they were very prompt in their responses. I was very comfortable with them. Also, the rate seemed to be reasonable. Our sellers wanted a 60-day closing so the application and underwriting process was based on that and it worked out.

Good Afternoon Patricia,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review! We're happy to hear that you had a positive experience with HomeBridge and we appreciate your feedback.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 13, 2018

So just days of me closing on my house with Homebridge my loan was sold to Cenlar. This has been a nightmare. I made my first payment to Homebridge and apparently it should have went to Cenlar. I get several calls a day from the new company harassing me about payments and they are tacking on late fees but nobody knows where my first payment is. I figured I would use Homebridge cause of all, the good reviews and seems like it would have kept my loan local. Well I guess Homebridge didn't want. Must have been cause it's a VA loan and maybe they dislike veterans.

Hi Brett,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. We are sorry to hear that you feel you received less than the highest tier of customer service during your experience with HomeBridge. We’d like to learn more about the specifics of your experience. A member of our Customer Commitment team will be contacting you shortly to discuss further.

Original review: July 13, 2018

The realtor pointed me to Homebridge for my mortgage when I was buying another home. The minutiae of requirements and proving income were very frustrating and the incessant paperwork requirements was overkill. But other than that, it was all right. It was no worse and no better than anybody else. The application and underwriting process took weeks and the processor helped me through it. He was very diligent and very thorough. It all worked out fine in the end.

Good Afternoon Robert,

Original review: July 11, 2018

We were purchasing a home and HomeBridge Financial Services was recommended by our agent. I then looked at other companies and banks and decided to go with them as the seller wanted to close as soon as possible. Their application was pretty quick. We put in our application and they talked about the process with us and they gave us a pre-approval within minutes. The actual applying for the loan took a couple of days because of paperwork that they needed to be handed to them and e-mailed over. Anything that we may have missed also went through pretty quickly and we were able to close within 10 days.

We worked with two loan originators. We started out with one and then the other partner took over. Both of them were very good at answering our questions and getting back to us quickly with responses or anything that we needed. They called us back to let us know. We did everything through e-mail, which was great because it was easy and very convenient for us since I was in one state and my husband was in Colorado. They were professional, worked very well with us and answered all our questions and helped us in every way that we needed to be helped.

Their rate was pretty competitive to other banks and companies. The only thing was that at closing, I had asked if we could get into automatic payments and she said something would be sent to me and I got a little scared because I got the payment notice and yet I hadn’t received yet the way to get into the automatic payment. It’s hard for me to get and set it all up for automatic payment. But finally, it was all done and I called and they confirmed everything had gone in correctly. Other than that, they were very nice to work with. I would recommend HomeBridge because of their speedy methods in trying to get us into our new home and the fact that also they are pretty comfortable to watch out there.

Hi Eva,

Original review: July 10, 2018

Everything is on track with HomeBridge Financial Services. I like their people and how they approached and helped me out. Getting a mortgage is a long process going through all the steps but they handled it great. Their rate is okay. I have a good credit history, but my wife had a little bit lower history, so they have to go with hers. They had a good group of people working with us. All of our interactions was through e-mail and Eva did a great job and kept us posted with anything that we needed in the future so we are prepared. They’re actually prepared with what we needed and ahead of time. The transition was also smooth.

Hi Krystian,

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc.?

Original review: July 9, 2018

Katie ** was fantastic. She is so professional, upbeat, thorough. I purposely met here before I chose Homebridge because I like to know whom Im dealing with and I liked her from the start. You wouldnt want to lose her.

Hi William,

Original review: July 9, 2018

Words can't express how thankful I am to Scott and his team at HomeBridge.They held my hand the whole way through and were available 24/7 to answer any and all questions. This was our first time purchasing a home and I expected to be terrified and nervous but after my first meeting with Scott and the team I knew I was in the best hands possible. I would recommend HomeBridge 1000x over to anyone looking to purchase a home.

Hi Celecia,

Original review: July 6, 2018

I love the fact we got to do everything thru email. I do not like talking on the phone at all. I am very grateful that I dealt with such amazing people. It was very easy and understandable to my knowledge and when I did not understand I asked and received a response very quickly! They were there and still are there for me. When I do not understand anything I can just email them and get an answer. Thank You, Robert and Trystan for helping me!!!

Good Morning Maria,

Original review: July 6, 2018

I have not purchased a home in a long time and when dealing with Mike ** he made this process smooth and easy. I would highly recommend him to future home buyers. Mike is professional and straightforward on what could be done and what can not. HomeBridge has a special employee in Mike and wish there were more like him to work with.

Good Morning Donato,

Original review: July 6, 2018

A fantastic loan process. Very professional. The team that take care of my loan were very good people. Good customer service and reliable sources. I will recommend to my friends and family keep the good work and Caine's God bless you all.

Good Morning Jose,

Original review: July 6, 2018

We had such a great experience using HomeBridge for our home financing needs. They are all so nice to work with and the systems they use to e-sign everything and upload documents is very user-friendly and up to date. Working with Patrick and the team was 110% enjoyable!

Good Morning Christopher,

Original review: July 6, 2018

Marion was always available to answer any question I had. She made the whole process very easy and always let me know what was going on and explained anything that I did not understand. As a first time homebuyer I had a lot of questions and needed a lot of information.

Good Morning Brittany,

Original review: July 5, 2018

Worked with Brett here in San Antonio on loan and the guy was just awesome: Polite, professional and kept me updated throughout the process - this guy is an asset to Homebridge!! All my calls and emails answered promptly. Keep up the great work - you put banks like Wells Fargo to shame!

Good Morning Paul,

Original review: July 5, 2018

Too many cooks in the kitchen and although things were handled in a timely manner and properly it was very confusing to have to deal with so many different names, phone numbers and email addresses. The worst thing that happened though was immediately after closing Homebridge sold our loan to another mortgage company. We paid our first payment already and went to set up auto pay and found out we were no longer paying them anymore! Unacceptable and again confusing.

Good Morning Brian,

Original review: July 5, 2018

Very happy with the people I worked with at Homebridge. They have significantly made the whole mortgage process much simpler with the use of online "E" signing and submitting the necessary documents to obtain a mortgage approval. All staff that I encountered were extremely helpful and friendly to ensure my requested deadline was met.

Good Morning Doreen,

Original review: July 5, 2018

I was helped by a team of hardworking professionals who went above and beyond to get me the best loan and helped me through the escrow process. I highly recommend Mark ** and his team. I’ll send all of my friends their way when they are looking to buy a home.

Good Morning Dena,

Original review: July 3, 2018

I was buying a new home and I needed a mortgage. I felt very good about Homebridge's application process which took about a week and I was happy with the lending process. The interactions with my loan originator were very good and the mortgage rate and terms were fair.

Hi William,

Original review: July 2, 2018

When we were buying a new house we looked at a couple of different options for loan programs and we ended up going conventional. My wife is a real estate agent and works with the people at Homebridge on a day-to-day basis. Whenever we were contemplating moving, she contacted them for our free approval and the process began. We got pre-approved before we started looking for a house and it took us two months to find a house. From that time to the time that we closed, the application process was 30 days.

Every transaction I’ve had with HomeBridge to date has been great. I was going through another lender with the last house we purchase and they strung us out for about two months. Then HomeBridge got involved and they got us closed on that other house in about 30 days. This is my second house to buy and their reps were great and very personable. They were a pleasure to work with and always took care of business in a timely and professional manner. They’re our friends. They are people that we know and deal with outside of business deals. Anytime that we had any questions or required a bit more information, they were Johnny-on-the-spot and got us what we needed to help us proceed in a timely manner. Also, the rate that I received was fair and I’m very satisfied. Both of the transactions that I've had with them were smooth sailing. Try Homebridge out ‘cause I’ve had nothing but great experiences with them.

Hi Jason,

Original review: July 1, 2018

Tim, our loan rep, was a great guy. He was professional and seemed to know his business. He was pretty much dead-on on everything. He told me from start to finish exactly what I wanted. The process of getting the mortgage was easy and simple as well. He just gave us a list of the things they needed from us and we got them to him. The application process took only two weeks then we had an answer. I was also fine with the mortgage rate.

Hi Jerry,

Original review: June 23, 2018

I wanted to buy a house so I looked into a mortgage. The application process with Homebridge Financial Services was very good. Their rep, Sel, came highly recommended from a number of friends. I was a difficult case because I haven't bought a house in many years, but Sel helped us to put it together and get all the stuff we needed for it to work. The application and underwriting process took around 30 to 40 days.

The only thing that I have an issue with now is I got a construction mortgage and to get the funds for my contractor to start was a hassle. The guidelines for releasing funds to the contractor was making us take a long time. This guy should be able to come in, do all the work he needs to do, have the money for the materials, and then get paid for the second part of it. Homebridge is only gonna pay 50% of the materials and it's not a normal way to do any construction jobs. And I'm barely keeping this guy on the hook. As a result of this process, I have to live in an unfinished house for four or five months. That's how long it was gonna take to get part of it done and get enough money to buy the rest of materials for the rest of the house. It's gonna be into the fall by the time I have a finished house and that's not fair.

I'm borrowing the money, so it's my money. Homebridge should simply release 50% of the construction money. I'll have this thing wrapped up in 60 days. This guy will be gone. It will be 100% done and then we can have the inspector come out and get the rest of the money. But the way they're doing it, I can't get half of the money and there was no way to get half of the money unless half of the work is done. I can't get the contractor to come out and start and work for five days so we can get $15,000 and have enough to buy the rest of materials. It's a logistical nightmare for me.

The contractor I was gonna use was my brother but I wasn't allowed to and I wound up using somebody else. My brother might had done the whole job and completed it and got paid, but this guy won't. My brother would have been able to deal with this $30,000 construction with no problem. He would have got it done in 30 or 45 days. But now, we've been in the house for seven weeks. We got the contractor to do some of the work enough until we can get enough money to do some more work. We're gonna have to do this again and it's really frustrating. There's no contractor that does work without getting paid for at least the materials and some of the labor upfront. They always get a deposit enough to cover the materials. The deposit that I'm offered from Homebridge is 50% of the materials, but that doesn't work and it doesn't get the thing off the ground. So, we got to get things started and do it out of our pocket.

We're asking the contractor to now buy the materials to finish the job and wait for another six weeks. This is a tough position to be in. They're putting me in a position where the only way to get this done quickly is if I borrow money again from somebody else. However, the loan officers, Gail and Selman, were fantastic. They helped us get everything through. We're excited about the home and we love it. Homebridge is a great mortgage company, but the terms of dispersing the money to the contractor make it impossible to get this done in a reasonable amount of time and enjoy the house.

I would still recommend Homebridge but they got to tell people upfront that they're gonna have to get through this construction process and they have to find somebody willing to do it without getting any money upfront. If I knew that upfront, I would have saved more money. A couple of days after the closing, I had been waiting to buy a new car because I needed the money for the closing. I went and bought a car, but I wouldn't have done that if I knew that these were the rules of the disbursement. I would have used that money to get the construction going. And I didn't find out until last week or the weeks before when I spoke to the girl that they were gonna only pay for 50% of the materials. There was so much going on with getting the loan in place and getting to the closing table that there wasn't a lot of instructions given how do we get the money to build the house to fix it. I love the company and I'm happy. I would go to Homebridge again.

Good Morning Andrew,

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 22, 2018

Scheduled a payment with their online payment system, they transition to a new system the day it is to process, the payment never comes out. Did not know they transitioned systems but waited to see if there was another issue. When I went to login because of money still in my account, the new system asking to re-register. Unbelievable, and the system did not process the first 4 times through. Terrible process and then they want to charge a late payment fee because of the day's lapse trying to get logged in. Spoke to them and was called a liar about scheduling the payment. Unbelievable, but what's more is the late fee exceeds what the VA allows for them to charge, so for veterans who happen to make a late fee it is even worse. Terrible service, terrible systems, stay away!!!

Hi Michael,

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 20, 2018

Spoke to a broker about my credit challenges and how I was working to turn it around, but was turned down by others for not having a minimum of 640 credit score. After giving permission to pull my credit and completing application I was thrilled when I was told I met their requirements and received word of preapproval amount. Started the task of house hunting and providing all documentation requested. Found a perfect home for me and made a offer that was accepted by seller.

The excitement soon turned to anxiety after mortgage broker repeatedly ask me for documents I had already submitted. Then I was informed that closing would be delayed a week and I had been downgraded to a manual underwrite. I was then asked for again for mostly the same documents I had already provided and a few more additional things. I can’t explain the devastating feeling of now learning I am not being approved for loan after all. Since there was no changes in my situation from when I first applied until now. My only conclusion is that I didn’t meet the requirements from the beginning. It has been a horrible experience and I hope no one else has to experience it.

Good morning Deoka,

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 19, 2018

First of all I own 3 houses and have financed 6 different properties in the last 20 years! When I purchased my condo in Rocky Hill Ct. back in November of 2016 and financed thru Homebridge Financial I was told by both my Broker and closing Attorney that the PMI insurance that I needed to take on the loan was Refundable! Fast forward 16 months to when I sold the condo and called Homebridge to get my prorated refund of said PMI I was told that I choose the nonrefundable option???

Puzzled I requested the documents that stated what was on my loan and what I signed for, after receiving the paperwork and seeing the full disclosure Nowhere did it state the PMI was either??? Also nowhere Did I sign for the Nonrefundable option. After numerous calls to Homebridge customer service and Arch which is the PMI insured I was left to fend for myself. My frustration is that I never signed any disclosure for the Nonrefundable part and that HomeBridge the bank Made the Decision on which way to go for me and choose the Nonrefundable option. Of course they did and we're talking $2551.00 dollars here not a few hundred!!!

Had I been given an option to choose the difference in upfront payment it would of been $95.00 more for the 30 year term I had financed. Easy answer give me the refundable option. Again all parties involved with my closing assured me the PMI was the Refundable option and now all I'm getting is no Help or even a return phone call from Homebridge Financial. There are other people with this same situation that I hope see this and go after Homebridge for their monies. I wouldn't recommend this bank to anyone, they lie and are deceptive with customers!!!

Hi Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. We are well aware of your concerns and are working diligently to find a resolve. We are sorry that you feel you received less than the highest tier of customer services during your experience with HomeBridge Financial Services. A member of our Customer Commitment team will be contacting you shortly to further discuss your concerns.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Our realtor told us that HomeBridge Financial Services had a couple of good first-time buyer program. The loan officer we dealt with was great. We had full contact through email and she was able to answer any questions that we had. She also made the process simple and helped us out with maneuvering through a couple of loopholes. Everything was really smooth, but the very end of it was a little annoying. We were told a couple of times that we were ahead of the schedule, but then we ended up closing a bit later than expected. That’s pretty common, from a lot of people I’ve talked to. But it wouldn’t have been so bad if I hadn’t requested time off of work to make the move. Other than that, I was happy with the interest rate that we were able to get.

Good morning Chevy,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review! We're happy to hear that you had a positive experience with HomeBridge Financial Services and we appreciate your feedback.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I love HomeBridge Financial. Nathan and Bree were awesome. I went to a whole bunch of banks and a few brokers and HomeBridge Financial was the best. They took care of all my needs and really walked me through. I went to B of A, Wells Fargo, and Logix, and they were all terrible. I have really good credit and they acted like I was a poor person trying to get a loan.

Homebridge Financial's reps treated me with professionalism. Whenever I had a question, they called me right back. However, the underwriters asked us some really dumb stuff. I own a house in Montana and they asked if it was insured. Some of the questions were really out in space, but the process, with them handling everything for me, was really good. The rates could have been better. It keeps going up but beggars can’t be choosers. And it was the going rate and if I waited a week, it would have been higher. I’ve been referring people to HomeBridge Financial. And I tell them that working with HomeBridge is quick and easy. And they are really friendly and get the job done.

Good morning Joseph,

Original review: June 7, 2018

I was refinancing to do some home repair and since I've been with Homebridge since I got my mortgage, the process was made easier. The application was very simple and everything went very smoothly and efficiently. The rates were good and I had everything done and closed out in a month and a half. The person I worked with was very frank as well. He answered my questions right away and anytime I messaged or called him, he got back to me as soon as possible. There was really never any waiting period.

Great Morning Angela,

Original review: June 6, 2018

Great staff! Curt was a pleasure to work with, and made the process super easy! I will definitely be calling him for my next home purchase. He was able to push through my package without any issues, and was able to help me get into my new home, within a couple of weeks of relocating from another state.

Good morning Karina,

Original review: June 6, 2018

Absolutely fantastic experience with HomeBridge. The Fernando ** Team -Fernando/Erica/Vina- is our go-to lender. We run all our real estate ideas and loan questions thru Fernando prior to acting. Fernando is extremely knowledgeable and exceedingly reachable. Can't say enough about the speed and quality of the transactions completed with Fernando.

Great Morning Gregory,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review! We're ecstatic to hear that you had a positive experience with HomeBridge and we appreciate your feedback.

Original review: June 6, 2018

My experience with Matt **/HomeBridge Team was the absolute best experience. I felt as though I was a VIP purchasing a very expensive home, when in fact I purchased a moderately priced (average) home. The entire process was perfectly seamless from application to a quick closing. I would highly recommend HomeBridge to any person looking to purchase/finance a new home.

Good morning Sherry,

Original review: June 5, 2018

I worked with Ms. Kathryn ** and it was a complete joy. Ms. Kathryn took her time and educated me on my credit and the home buying process. By time we got done my credit score rise at least by 60 points. If I ever had a question Ms. Kathryn and her team made sure they pulled out their manual and gave me answers straight from the book. Even after finding the house Ms. Kathryn made sure repairs was made at reasonable prices to lessen my out of pocket expenses. What once seemed impossible for me due to my credit became possible within a month and a half because of Ms. Kathryn and her team. I am a very satisfied first time home buyer!

Good morning Nyesia,

Homebridge Financial Services Company Information

HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc.
194 Wood Avenue South, Ninth Floor