2. Mortgages

4.2/5 (873 ratings)

About Homebridge Financial Services

Homebridge Financial Services is a private mortgage lending company that offers wholesale and retail loans. Homebridge gives homebuyers access to a variety of lending options, both online and in person, in 49 states.

Pros

• Variety of options
  • Hands-on support
  • Online and in-person options

Cons

• No rates online
  • Not available in Utah

Bottom Line

With a variety of products, Homebridge is an ideal mortgage solution for many home buyers. Although rates aren’t available online, terms can be customized to your situation for affordability and accessibility.

Top Homebridge Financial Services Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Homebridge Financial Services, Inc.?

Verified

I found the Homebridge staff very professional, helpful, and knowledgeable. Mike ** was really great to work with and made the whole process go smoothly and on time. Mike and his ...

Verified

The assistance of Gregory ** and the collaboration of his team made the experience of financing a home an easy and stress free one. The overall management of the process was well ...

What is Homebridge?

Homebridge is a privately held, nonbank mortgage lending firm that helps make owning a home a reality. It offers services for homebuyers, homeowners, real estate agents and builders. Its wholesale division offers support to mortgage brokers, and its products include traditional loan options (e.g., conventional and jumbo) and niche products like energy-efficient mortgages and non-warrantable condos.

Homebridge services

Homebridge connects you with a licensed mortgage loan originator to find the right loan product for you. Whether you’re purchasing, refinancing or renovating a home, Homebridge’s officers help guide you through the process online or in person.

It helps find conventional, FHA and VA loans, jumbo, super jumbo and reverse mortgages, and USDA financing, as well as more unconventional refinancing options like FHA 203(k), VA 95% Cash Out and FNMA HomeStyle.

HomeBridge mortgage rates

Homebridge doesn't post its interest rates online, so customers must work directly with an originator to work out pricing. It offers down payments as low as 3% and financing up to 100% for some loan options (such as VA loans).

Your rates and terms will vary greatly based on your situation, credit and financial history. You might also have to pay an origination fee, title fees and escrow.

HomeBridge FAQ

Who owns Homebridge?
Homebridge Financial Services Inc. owns Homebridge. The company was previously known as Real Estate Mortgage Network.
Is Homebridge good?
Yes, HomeBridge is a reputable mortgage lending company. With many different options and the help of mortgage loan originators, most customers can find a good option for their needs.
Where is Homebridge available?
Homebridge is licensed in all U.S. states except Utah. Some states (Alaska and Indiana, for instance) don’t offer an in-person option, but customers in those states can access Homebridge’s services online.
Does Homebridge offer refinancing?
Yes. Homebridge offers a few options for refinancing, including VA refinancing, FHA 203(k) and FNMA HomeStyle.

Is Homebridge a good mortgage company?

Homebridge is an ideal mortgage company if you prioritize convenience over price. Because its rates aren’t available online, it’s hard to tell how fair its terms are, but its wide variety of options and guidance from licensed professionals help ensure you find the right fit. Many Homebridge customers say the process is efficient, simple and enjoyable. If you prefer an in-person appointment, be aware Homebridge doesn’t offer this option in all 50 states.

Homebridge Financial Services Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Homebridge Financial Services?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

I borrowed mortgage from Homebridge starting from December 2020. This company sent me a mail mentioning about setting up automatic payment. I gladly added our family joined saving account but was rejected by them. Therefore I later provided my personal saving account to fulfill the purposed. However on the month of December I was charged twice: 2517.67 dollar deduction from each account. This company's website doesn't provide any efficient online charting help and doesn't take any email communication regarding this matter. Calling them was extremely painful, the longer than usual waiting time and the sudden disconnected line!!

After going through all these pains multiply times, I managed to talked with their representatives THREE times without solving the issue. 1. The first representative told me I should get refund on one of my account and the autopayment service would be hold until it was settled. Result: new deduction from my automatic payment account on January!! 2. Then second representative told me she didn't know why the automatic payment was not successfully hold and promised me a check was sent out on Dec 21st 2020 and asked me to wait!.

Results: check never arrived! 3. The third representative after two weeks told me the check was actually sent out on Jan 4th and I should be above to receive it soon! Result: more confusion but with no money returned! Currently it is Jan 16th, I lost all my faith with the company. I hate to pointed out there were LIES!!! Homebridge is holding my 2517.67 dollar for NO REASONS for more than 6 weeks! Homebridge is detaining customer money maliciously!! I am not sure how other customer were treated by them but it is hard to imagine all others are happy with Homebridge.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

I wish I could give this company a 0 star review. This company is awful at communication and customer service. When my wife and I bought our house, we had to send in a check because it was too late to sign up for the automatic billing pay feature, which was going to take place the following month. The check was dated for July 1st and we sent the check in late June. We called and spoke to an associate and told them to not cash the check until July, should it come early. We were ensured that it would not be cashed until July. Come to find out they cashed it first chance they got. Because of this, we got over drafted and had to scramble to find money to cover other bills. We also incurred over draft fees.

When I called to inquire as to why they cashed it they said that it was their policy to cash checks immediately. They also said there were no notes in our file dealing with waiting to cash the check. We were told our case would be escalated to a supervisor and we have never been contacted since. It has been months since this happened and I have been emailing them constantly in order to get to the bottom of this. It is the same run around. They say they'll escalate it and it just falls flat. I just want what is rightfully mine. I want them to hold themselves accountable and to fix their communication issues so that others don't run into these issues in the future. It seems they care more about money than they do about customers and keeping their word.

At this point I will not be recommending this company and will be researching new companies with which to do real estate business with. The only good thing about this company is Yolanda **. She is amazing, it's just unfortunate she works for such a horrible company that doesn't seem to care about the customer.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I have had my mortgage with Homebridge Financial since 8/2019. I have made my payments on time, including during an initial forbearance period from March to July of this year. My husband's job fell on hard times and I extended the forbearance from August to October. I have utilized the forbearance plan from August to October and will start my repayment process beginning November 1st. I called to set up my repayment options and they informed me that they are selling my mortgage to a company that, according to reviews is horrible. So if you are not a perfect person, with no issues, then feel free to use this mortgage company. If your human, with Covid loss, job loss or have fallen on hard times please search elsewhere. This company does not care about their homeowners, and surely will not care about you!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I am also a veteran and see other veterans feeling hurt by Homebridge as well. I have been with quite a few mortgage companies since I have owned 4 houses in my life, I could always talk to every department, they were accommodating and never screwed up my escrow. Homebridge mortgage, has screwed up my escrow somehow it seems like if not all the time every other year. This year took the cake though, I could not talk to anyone, was hung up on and finally when a representative talked to me they shouted when they were wrong about having to pay property taxes, they have already been paid this year. My county has now informed them twice, and they're still charging me for it and when the check gets sent back to them I worry they will do nothing to make sure that money is back in my account. Because of the many escrow screw ups my payment goes up and up. It's almost as though it's on purpose at this point.

I am hurt at the treatment, the lack of empathy and professionalism. I might have to look at other mortgage companies, I have never had any other mortgage company seem so incompetent. If you are a veteran like myself, this company does not care if you fought for them, I'm actually not even sure why departments won't talk directly to their own customers. It's been an escrow problem but the reps tell me they can't even talk to them???? What, how can anything be fixed. I feel lost at this point. Thanks Homebridge for making a disabled veteran like me have more to worry about.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Hi Jesse, I apologize that you are having repeated challenges with our Servicing Department. I have escalated your concerns and a member of our team will reach out to assist you and help to resolve the escrow payment issue.

We appreciate our veterans and thank you for your service.

Original review: July 6, 2020

If I could give a company 0 starts I would. My 2019 taxes were not paid from my escrow and I begin reaching out to them in February when my parish contacted me regarding the nonpayment. They stated that they will send a payment to my parish. Fast forward to the end of May when I received a letter from my parish that my taxes were never paid and that my home would go for tax sale in July. I contacted Homebridge who stated that a check would be sent right away. I contacted my parish after a week so see if they received the check.... They stated that they did not. I contacted Homebridge and the representative stated that he did not see where a payment was sent and would put in another ticket.

After daily calls to Homebridge (which lasted almost an hour each time) and calls to my parish to see if the payment was received finally after almost a month my parish received the tax payment, however it was for the wrong among and significantly less than what was owed and the parish returned the check. I spoke with Homebridge who stated that a check would be overnighted on June 26th.

As of today, July 6th my parish still has not received the check and the representative could not confirm if it has been sent. My home goes up for tax sale in a couple of days and unfortunately I may have to come out of pocket for this due to utter incompetence by this mortgage company. The representatives only provide you information to get you off the phone, the supervisors are no better, every time I call there is different narrative regarding the payment, and quite frankly this is very concerning, especially after holding for over an hour at times to reach customer service. If you can please avoid this mortgage company.

Original review: June 2, 2020

Getting the mortgage was a relatively smooth process. 11/2 years after, I ran into some financial difficulties due to my husband's sudden, unexpected death. I applied for a loan modification. I had a 3 month period during which I had to phone in payments, rather than doing them on the website, which is more convenient. Spending over an hour listening to hold music is not unusual. Who has time for that! Since COVID they have shortened their business hours. After 3 months the modification was granted, and I was told I could resume online payments. But I can't see my mortgage on the website. The Bill's they send me do not reflect the modification. Three days of spending over an hour on hold each time I call to make a payment, and still no answer. I'm beginning to think they do it on purpose so your payment is late!

Original review: April 27, 2020

My wife and I both lost significant work hours as a result of Covid pandemic and were not able to make payment on our FHA backed mortgage serviced by Homebridge. Went to their website and completed CARES Act forbearance request application on March 30th. I got a confirmation email shortly after saying I would hear back within 7-10 days. On April 14, I connected with a Homebridge rep via their website chat application to get a status update. I wanted to make sure my application was in and being looked at and that I wouldn't be penalized, as the CARES Act had intended. After telling the rep I had already waited 14 days for a response, she told me that they were just too busy to answer and then she disconnected.

About 7 days later, I submitted a follow up message on the "Questions" section of the website. No response. To date, I haven't heard anything at all from Homebridge. Today I received a delinquency letter from them. REALLY? You had time to send me a delinquency letter and you cant even simply respond to my forbearance request? My next step is a complaint with CFPB, a complaint with the New York Attorney Generals office, and also with the New York Department of Financial Services. Bottom line is don't do business with this company if you can help it. They will not be there when you need them. They will leave you high and dry.

Original review: April 21, 2020

Called to get some help since we are out of work due to corona virus. All they offered was a deferment that had to had in full at the end of the period. If people have no money coming in how are they expected to several payment ready at the end of the period. This company is useless.

Original review: April 7, 2020

Do not under any circumstances work with this company. I’m a veteran, I used a VA home loan to buy my house, and stupidly listened to the real estate agent and used Homebridge financial to finance the loan. The interest rate is a full % higher than my credit union would have given me, and I did not find out until I began the process of refinancing to get away from this horrible company.

They screwed me over in every way. I had auto debit, but canceled it back in November 2019 because my pay period changed from 1st and 15TH to every 2 weeks, so it was difficult for me to maintain money in my account. They continued with the auto debit anyway. I paid my mortgage every month, but then I went to pay it in February and I couldn’t. I called and they told me that because I had 3 bounced checks, my online pay was canceled, and I have to send a cashier's check from my bank to prove I have money in the account. My bank is 40-50 minutes from where I work, and they close at 4. They would not listen.

I sent a check for the mortgage for March 2020, and got a letter this week saying that they did not receive payment. I called my bank, since homebridge is closed and does not have a 24 hour line. They’re the worst. I swear it. My bank verified the information of my payment, and the address to send the payment was accurate. They. Lost. My. Check. And now they docked me late fees and are threatening to report me, and possibly kick me out of my house. I have no recourse, or options other than sending the payment, again, to the address. It is clear to me they do not check their mail at the payment processing center. I’m a 2 Iraq tour combat Marine with mental health issues. They’re screwing me over, and all of this is their fault. I’m contacting my lawyer. Do not do business with these people. Beware. They’re going to gouge your eyes out. You’re better off using your own personal bank.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Hi Nicholas,

I’m very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us! I sent you a direct message to get more information about the situation.

Original review: March 6, 2020

Stay away if you can. I have written and called in 6 times since the end of Jan. They have not paid my taxes which is part of my mortgage. It's quite stressful being told by local tax collectors that your house is going up for public sale Sept 14th 2020 if it's not paid. I have not gotten one single response from my emails, and when I call, I sit on the phone for 45 minutes and still get no answer. Has to be the worst customer service I have ever dealt with.

Homebridge Financial Services Company Information

Homebridge Financial Services, Inc.
    194 Wood Avenue South, Ninth Floor