toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Homebridge Customer Service is very pleasant. My family and I ran into a difficult time financially and for about 5 months things got really bad but due to some hard work on both sides we overcame the hardship and now everything is back to normal. Thanks Homebridge! Thanks for working with me!

My agent recommended Homebridge to me. He was outstanding and helped me every step of the way. He was very informative and I felt very comfortable with him. Homebridge has been very supportive, professional, and efficient. Everything was very well handled and I really had a good experience.

Our realtor led me to go to Homebridge Financial. I went with the home buyer loan and the application process was pretty good. Also, their loan officer was able to answer all my questions and explain everything thoroughly. We closed within a month. Homebridge Financial will do whatever that brings good and I’d recommend them.

It was a positive experience with Homebridge Financial Services. The application process was very simple, straightforward, transparent and good. I asked for what they needed and I provided the paperwork then it was just a follow-up after that. The loan officer was great too.

Wendy ** with Prospect Mortgage approved a buyer. She was rude to all people involved. She knew there was a problem and told the agent "not to tell" then finally did 2 days before closing and ruined 3 families dreams! She says she is experienced? People should not use this company or this agent!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc.?

Hi Marie,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

Prospect Mortgage was great and very helpful. The lender that I've dealt with was so pleasant. She went over and beyond and if she didn't know about some stuff I wasn't sure of, she would find it out for me and would let me know through email.

Hi Ilirian,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us and we appreciate your recommendation.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

The loan officer from Prospect Mortgage was also my professor when I went to college and as a teacher, he was the best one so I thought that they're gonna be the best one as well. He kept in touch with me on everything and I would recommend everybody to go to him. Everything was fast and perfect, so I'm satisfied.

Hi Vasili,

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

Excellent from start to finish as always. Met all deadlines ahead of schedule and offered competitive rates to my clients. My clients had peace of mind throughout the process as did I. Thank you for your professionalism and expediency! Looking forward to doing business again.

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review for Bruce! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

Prospect Mortgage is simply the best. Bruce ** is the very best. He worked so hard on my loan. I would recommend both Prospect and Bruce to anyone needing a home loan. If it were not for Bruce I would be living in my home today. Great job.

Resolution In Progress

Hi Frederick,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us overall and we appreciate your constructive feedback about the appraisal process.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

I would rate my entire experience with Prospect as Five Star except for the appraisal. Every house on his list of comparisons was on a busy street (Patterson, Cambridge, etc.) except for one. That one was sold for $200,000 more than the others because buyers consider quiet street to be more desirable - dah! (child safety, quietness, traffic, etc.). I'm appalled that Prospect would not blackball this appraiser as I'm sure you have many choices. Keep up the good work in all other areas.

Hi Miguel,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review for Judy and Christina! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

Judy and Christina offered excellent service. They were able to offer help when other lenders could not. Helped a stressful situation easier to deal with. Would highly recommend and will definitely use Prospect for future needs...

Hi Shanika,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review for Rick, Amanda and Jennifer! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us and we appreciate your recommendation.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

I had such a wonderful experience with Prospect Mortgage! Everyone was very patient, kind and made sure my first time home buying experience was as pleasant and stress free as it could possibly be! I cannot thank Rick **, Jennifer ** and Amanda ** enough! I will recommend Prospect Mortgage to all my family and friends that are looking to buy or refinance.

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review for Vanessa! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us and we appreciate your recommendation.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

Vanessa was amazing! Always there to settle any fears or concerns I had throughout the entire process. We closed within a month and Vanessa and her team worked their magic and made it happen. I would recommend her and Prospect Mortgage to anyone.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review for Sharon! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

My experience with Prospect has been excellent and I would and I have recommended them to others. Sharon ** in Hoboken communicates very well and always promptly and explains the process when needed. I've worked with other companies in the past and so far Prospect have been the best.

Hi Alonzo,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review for Wendy! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

We haven't had a Mortgage in many years and clearly the rules and lending needs are way more complicated than I recall, but Wendy did a great job making it easy. I really was glad she didn't just see us as a number, but people that needed extra help.

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review for Linda! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

My buyers recently closed a purchase escrow with Linda ** from Prospect Mortgage. She handled every detail with confidence and precision. She communicated well with all parties involved, including the listing agent. My buyers were competing with other offers and a cash offer and we were able to convince the sellers to accept my buyers' offer as we conveyed the strength of their financial qualifications despite a perceived risk to the seller to select a non-cash offer. Thank you, Linda for your hard work and follow through.

Hi Darrell,

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

Prospect Mortgage worked with me right off the jump. The application process went very smoothly and their loan officer was great.

I have a mortgage, unfortunately, with this company that I can only say is the most ignorant, incompetent people I ever spoke with. Chanel ** sounds as if she's not even graduated high school - nasty, incompetent, belligerent and to be quite honest with the most unprofessional person I've ever spoken to. This pretty much goes along with the rest of the staff. My mortgage is 1853 this month. They had the balls to tell me this month it's 2900 a month. WHEN CALLING TO FIND OUT WHO LOST THEIR MIND, THIS NASTY INCOMPETENT ** nothing but condescending. That is good that I live 10 hours away from her or I guarantee I'd be in jail for a homicide. I now had to call my attorney and get my attorney involved with this situation. Stay away from this incompetent company and the most nastiest ignorant customer service you ever deal with.

My experience with Prospect Mortgage was good. I got a conventional loan from them, but there was a problem when we did the closing. It was an error on the part of Prospect Mortgage. One of the ladies entered a different number. As opposed to calculating three months, she calculated it for two months, which made the closing cost change the last minute and I wasn’t told about it ahead of time. That created an issue. Now, I have to pay $900 more. That was an unexpected expense that I wasn’t really aware of.

Sheryl, the consultant that I was talking to who did the loan for me wasn't aware of it, but she talked to the woman that made the mistake. The woman didn’t want to own up to it. I was very upset with it. The person that is punching up the numbers for the closing cost needs to be aware of the details and not just blindly enter a number and then end of the story, and then the mistake is done, and the client has to pay for it. This is my first time buying a house and I wasn’t expecting that kind of response. It was very unfortunate. I’m not dissatisfied with Sheryl. She helped me out throughout the loan and she explained properly. She did a good job. However, because of what happened at the end, I wouldn’t recommend Prospect to someone else. I wouldn’t want a friend of mine to experience what I’ve experienced.

Resolution In Progress

Hi Lonnie,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review! We're glad to hear that you had a positive application experience with us and we appreciate your constructive feedback about the process.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

The application process with Prospect Mortgage was pretty easy. We've done most of it all through the computer and they brought down to us to the house when we went through it and we signed the papers. The loan officer was also very courteous. I don't know whose responsibility it was with the home warranty but we were told that they were putting the basic plan on there and they said it covers the big things. And that's all we need. But we were also told it was way too expensive to get the best one. When I got the policy, I looked at it. It was only $220 more for the most expensive one. So I called them up and complained about it and got it switched over. Also, the inspectors didn't really check the house that good enough, 'cause we found quite a few problems with it.

Prospect Mortgage Gave all of my information to a man that my mom was dating/boyfriend. I was trying to help my mother get a home and was going to co-sign for her. One of the loan officers (Christy **) gave all of my information to the man that my mom was dating/boyfriend. He then took that information and tried to get a car, credit cards, and loans using my identity. He was a known felon for identity theft. My credit is now messed up because of her giving my information out to this man. To anyone looking to get a loan/mortgage or anything else from this company, I would not advise you to do so.

Hi Carrie,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us and we appreciate your constructive feedback about the process.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

The application process with Prospect Mortgage was fine except that I didn't feel like I was given the amount of paperwork that was required with the new laws ahead of time. That was the only hiccup but they got it taken care of over time.

Hi Timothy,

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

The loan officer I dealt with was great and she was the reason I chose Prospect. The application process was fairly easy and they were able to answer my questions. Everything is good and I'd recommend them.

I send my payments out every first of the month, the check is never cashed in a timely manner, always attempting to make me late. Who are these numb nuts that are running this business. It costs me 30 dollars to stop payment, so my credit work get hurt, my time out of my busy schedule to do this with the bank, call in a payment. I want out of Homebridge Financial Co. This is not the first time, second or third time. I am done. Wait... They call me each time and say I need to make a payment. I think the Better Business Bureau needs to take a look at this agency...

Hi Kayla,

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

Someone that I was working with at a previous mortgage company left and went to Prospect. So, I stayed with their broker. I got a conventional loan program from them. The application process was easy. The loan representative has been very good. I’d recommend them.

My wife and I found the home of our dreams and wanted to buy it and renovate it to our liking as it was VERY outdated. We started the process with our local office in Sewickley, Pennsylvania, and a fellow named John **. At first he was a real gem, in the rough, but a real confidant, and knowledgeable. As the process started to gather steam, we were asked to provide the usual documentation and then some, but figured that since HUD was involved, that explained a lot, to me, anyway. We were told that we had to pick an "approved" 203k contractor, do walkthroughs with him or her, (this turned out to NOT be true) submit bids, etc. 3 of the 3 contractors we were given were arrogant, uninterested, and poor at returning phone calls.

Long story shortened, John failed to guide us through any of the process, lied, committed malpractice (possibly broke the law, at least) and he himself was VERY lacking in attention to detail like sending commitment letters to our real estate agent, moving the closing date "3" times at his pleasure, and lied again about simple things like when the appraiser was to make the final visit to the property to confirm the projected value of the home after renovations were completed. We are now in our 7th week of the process, and were informed that the closing date was attempted to be moved "again" and the appraisal that was supposed to be done and we're awaiting the results to come back to John **, in fact was never even done!! I can go on and on but suffice it to say, "WE ARE UPSET WITH JOHN ** AND PROSPECT MORTGAGE.

We have had nothing but trouble since the day we signed them up as our mortgage provider for our condo. We have had problems with our bills not getting paid out of our escrow account that we didn't want in the first place. So far, our taxes were not paid on time and we just got a notice of cancellation from MetLife for our insurance bill. We are very upset. Taking this to my lawyer first thing in the morning.

Where to begin with this lender from pure h*ll? I had a perfect payment history on my credit report for YEARS until this company purchased my mortgage. I did not purposefully apply here. My loan was transferred and ever since it's been a true nightmare. They WON'T work with you in a day and age where people are foreclosing at rapid rates. If you call and request an extension of A WEEK they deny it. They DON'T offer to slip a payment during unforeseeable circumstances like a job change that then triggers a change in pay dates. They do NOTHING but report you LATE for being a DAY LATE. They won't even note their system or return calls or emails.

I spoke to someone who told me if I wanted to pay a DAY LATE there was nothing that could be done and I'd have to complete a slew of paperwork that leaned towards a WORSE credit hit and possible denial. They speak in ebonics and are purely unprofessional. I want a new lender and now every month my payments are late because I am a week behind due to a change in my pay dates. This will go on forever. They are awful. IF YOU ARE TRANSFERRED HERE, DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND REFINANCE AND GET OUT. I spent years working on my credit to get it like it was before this company caused such malice.

Hi Julia,

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

I needed to refinance because I had a high interest rate of 5.5%. I was so impressed with the first visit with the rep of Prospect Mortgage, so I didn't even care to look any further and went with them. It was awesome during the application process. It wasn't difficult at all. Everything went very well with my loan officer. The first payment for my mortgage is due on November 1st.

Hi Loretta,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review for Terry! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us..

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

My husband and I went to an open house and the realtor who was doing the open house contacted a loan officer from Prospect Mortgage because I wanted the house we were looking at. I talked to Terry at the time by phone and she got it into motion. There was a lot of paperwork, searching and digging. Still, Terry was great, a nice lady, and I loved her. Everything was on the up and up. When we went to sign the closing papers, she was there and brought us a little gift. Overall, they were a pleasure to deal with and we’re very satisfied.

Homebridge Financial Services Company Profile

HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc.
194 Wood Avenue South, Ninth Floor