4.36/5
  • 1 star
Based on 123 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc. is one of the largest privately held, non-bank lenders in the United States.

On February 2, 2017, HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc., completed the purchase of the operating assets of Prospect Mortgage, LLC from Prospect Holding Company, LLC.

In the last 25 years, HomeBridge has grown to include nearly 3,000 associates throughout its corporate offices, 250 retail branches and two wholesale divisions, HomeBridge Wholesale and REMN Wholesale.

HomeBridge holds FNMA, GNMA, FHLMC, FHA and VA approvals and funded nearly $10 billion in home loans in 2016. The company securitizes the majority of its production and as of January 2017 its servicing portfolio totaled $17 billion.

More information on HomeBridge can be found online at www.HomeBridge.com .

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 6, 2017

600 Homebridge Financial Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Loved working with them both! Jamelie ** and Oomai ** are a seller team. My loan process went off without a hitch and we closed early! They knew exactly what to do and what we needed. Got the loan closed with great terms and rates. Love them!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I teach blind classes and a gentleman who works for Homebridge as a mortgage originator came in. I told him that I was trying to buy the house that I was renting and was having some problems. He said that he could help me and he did. I bought four houses and by far, their process was ridiculously easy. Everything was online and they used a software called Docupace, where my signatures were done extremely well. I closed within 30 days and their cost in terms of my bank, Wells Fargo, was essentially cheaper. They did phenomenal service and it was a good experience.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I was experiencing some financial difficulties so I thought that I would contact Homebridge to request assistance/let them know what was going on with my situation. This was in March 2017. In June 2017 I finally got a trial modification and was told that I had a three month trial period after which I would receive the final loan modification documents via UPS. I made all my payments and by the end of August when I still hadn't received anything I was told to go ahead and make the September payment using the amount from the trial modification. I did this sill did not receive a final modification package. Called again at the end of September was told that they had received the title search but had to verify that there were no leans. Was told to go ahead and make the October payment using the trial modification amount.

Made the October payment, did not receive any final package made the November payment. Was told on November 9 that they had check title and just needed to run credit report and have file reviewed by underwriting. Called today and was told the same thing that I was told 3 weeks ago. Was also told that since people are off for the holidays that I may not get a final modification until January. Even though I keep being reassured that I don't have anything to worry about as long as I keep making my payments I am super stressed out and want this over with. In addition, my credit has taken a HUGE hit. If you enjoy being on hold for 45 minutes and having to call your mortgage servicer at least once a month then this company is for you! Otherwise, steer clear if possible. Two stars only because the people who I speak with are consistently polite.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Thinking I was with a reliable company, I went with Homebridge. My story is long so here's the main points. When my lock in rate was ready to expire, I was notified that afternoon and told I had to pay the $570 fee or take a higher interest rate. No warning, and I was blamed for not knowing. I found out later from my realtor most companies extend as a courtesy. And then I didn't even make my first mortgage payment and get a letter that my mortgage has been transferred to CENLAR. Seems like just another company that gouges the little guy and didn't really care to begin with. My realtor had recommended and neither she nor I will ever give a good recommendation about this company.

Hi Deborah,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. We are sorry to hear that you feel you received less than the highest tier of customer service

during your experience with HomeBridge. We’d like to learn more about the specifics of your experience. A member of our Customer Commitment team will be contacting you shortly to discuss further.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Homebridge was great when I walked in at their office in Glendale. I met with somebody and they were very nice to me. I had a bad loan from Texas prior to that and I thought Homebridge was user-friendly. Everything was also done in no more than three weeks, which was quick. Then, a few months later, I refinanced my house with them after a friend recommended them. It's like a happy accident at the same time. I had a great experience with Homebridge and I would recommend them.

Hi Jeffrey,

appreciate your feedback.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc.?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I had a pretty good experience working with Homebridge's loan officer. She was referred by my real estate agent and when I went through their process, she was able to answer my phone calls. That worked out well and the whole thing was easy to do. The loan was also really helpful.

Hi Yuanyuan,

appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I bought another home. The application process with Homebridge was great and it's not difficult. The rep, Risha, was also great.

Hi Lawrence,

appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I planned to buy a home in Florida but it didn't work out so I moved back home and I planned to reapply. My realtor told me about Homebridge and I applied for a first time home buyer loan. While going through the application process, the rep, Iris, was very friendly. She always answered any questions that I had concerns with and was upfront with me. She told me the right steps to take on what I needed to do to get approved for the home loan. Overall, I had a really good experience with Homebridge.

Hi Clarissa,

appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

The seller of the house I liked wanted me to work with Bruce from Homebridge Financial. When I started talking to him, I really liked him that I felt confident. And their people were always willing to talk and walked me through all the time. They took my silly questions seriously and made me feel nice. It was a stressful process but they made it look like it was going to be easy. They were really helpful. So, I felt good about it and I liked all of it. I highly recommend Homebridge to anybody. My other friends are planning to buy a house so I'm convincing them to go through Homebridge because Homebridge people were there for me all the time, especially Bruce. He was amazing and professional and I'm really happy.

Hi Jennifer,

appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

During the entire process of refinancing, Marla was extremely responsive and always took the time to educate me. I have worked with other lenders and the difference is huge! I highly recommend HomeBridge and Marla to all of my friends.

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review! We're happy to hear that you had a positive experience with HomeBridge and we appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

We used CapWest, which is with Homebridge before, in another loan. I had a good experience with them and got good rates. The house we built was a little bit expensive so we looked at refinancing it. I got a VA loan so it's a long lot doing but the process is about average in terms of difficulty. Other than that, their people were great. I worked with Bobby and he was really good. I recommended them to my sister and she's going with them, too.

Hi Byron,

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I was looking to refinance because I wanted to get rid of my two original loans. I called Homebridge Financial Services and I asked some questions and they were very helpful. The application process went smoothly. They didn’t keep calling me with every question or more information. They asked for everything up front and I got it to them. I was surprised that it didn’t take that long as my original loans did. Overall, they're efficient and quick.

Hi Cynthia,

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I have been going through an absolute nightmare with this servicer. In 2015 I suffered a financial hardship and requested a modification. Had to submit 4 packages, go through 3rd parties to include the BBB and am now retaining a lawyer to get the promised final agreement from them. They do not communicate with their customers, they do not follow through on anything. By this time my hardship is over, my credit has been destroyed for 2 years, I'm paying increased payments (not decreased as a modification should be) and no final anything from this company. Please don't get involved with Homebridge. Biggest mistake I've ever made. They weren't even my original mortgage company, I refinanced to get rid of some of the PMI.

Good morning Mary,

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Thank you for a very pleasurable experience! Dave, Renee & their team were amazing and everyone I've spoken with since my loan closed has been great. I love that someone called me to welcome me and review my loan amounts, due dates, methods of payments, etc! It's things like this that make me feel welcome and appreciated.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

We Worked with Todd ** who was extremely courteous, prompt, and helpful!! We could not have got the house we wanted without his expertise and patience. It took us a while to find the right home for us, about 10 months, and he was here every step of the way!!

Hi Brandon,

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Everyone at Homebridge was extremely helpful for my wife and I as we purchased our first home. We took on an FHA loan, and they were extremely helpful in guiding us through the process from start to finish. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for home financing from a good organization with good people!

Hi Greg,

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Everything went smoothly with the loan. That part was fast and efficient. Ana-Marie did a great job and kept me in the loop. I felt confident from day 1 that I picked the right person to do business with. Thanks again.

Hi Christopher,

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Our realtor said she worked with Homebridge before and recommended them. When we applied, their reps were very helpful and everything ran smoothly. We primarily interacted through email, but there were some phone conversations too. They gave us good directions and instructions on what they needed and quickly answered any questions we had. So, it was a very good experience. It's our first time, so we didn't know what to expect, but Homebridge's reps were all very efficient. If we were to ever look into buying another home, I'm sure we would reach out to them again.

Hi Rachel,

appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I currently had a mortgage on a co-op that I was selling. I tried contacting Citibank and they weren’t friendly and weren’t helpful so, I decided I’d just go with someone who will do the work for me. Our real estate agent advised us of Homebridge. We started the process by getting information and then we would get a pre-approval. We liked the agent, Christine, so much we decided that we were just going to go with them. She was very friendly and if we had any question, she would answer us. Homebridge gave us a great interest rate, so we liked that, too, from the start. We saw where their rates were from the beginning, and we’ve put faith in their rep.

We took a 30-year fixed program and the application process was simple. It was mostly online, which is very easy because then you can send it back and forth and don’t have to mail anything and if there was any error, it was fixed right away. The whole process took about two and a half months, but it wasn’t necessarily Homebridge's fault. There were issues with our appraisal which was actually ordered by the company. The company who did the appraisal did a terrible job the first time so, they had to actually order a second appraisal. Anytime you buy a house, it is painful and especially when you’re selling the same day. But Homebridge explained everything. We will recommend Christine to any of our friends if they’re looking to buy a house.

Hi Jonathan,

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Homebridge Financial (Bradenton Florida) was the worst experience we have ever had trying to purchase property. Right from the start there was big communication problems!! The right hand never knew what the left hand was doing! Necessary paperwork was forwarded and lost several different times. Many unnecessary phone calls back and forth. No return of phone calls as needed as well. The main loan officer (Kyle **) didn't know our closing date! We called and called the day off until we were able to contact him to let him know so things could be finished?? In the end we had to fill out a survey before they would finalize the paperwork? We gave them an average grade in fear they would not finalize things? What was that all about?? The whole experience was simply terrible and unprofessional!! No, I would not recommend them!!!

Hi Jeffrey,

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I bought a condo and I needed a loan, and I have a realtor friend on the island of Hawaii who referred me to Homebridge where I got a 30-year mortgage. I am still waiting to pay my first mortgage payment that’s due November 1st and I have no vessel with which to pay it. I’ve made three calls to Doug, the lender and he has not responded. There was an organization fee and he said, “I won’t charge you for that, but it will show up on your papers as something else,” and it did, about $1,500, and so I had to pay it. Then he quoted me one rate. I wanted the best rate they could get me with no points, so he quoted me 4.25 with no point. But when it all came to pass, it was 4.50. I asked him at that time, “Does that include points in my mortgage that I’ll be paying for the next 30 years?” And he hemmed and hawed about it. I had to do this all on my own. I’m getting very upset because I don’t want to be late on my very first mortgage payment.

Hi Marlene,

We’re sorry to hear that you had a less than perfect experience with us! Please send me your email address or phone number, I will have a member of our Customer Commitment Group reach out for more information about the situation. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to address the issue.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I was looking around and putting feelers out even though I couldn't afford to buy a house. Then the realtor that was over the house I was looking at told me about Homebridge. My lending officer was hardworking and very persistent. She made sure I got the paperwork in and when I wasn’t quite sure I wanted a loan, she was still there. So when I called that I needed to get a loan so I can get this house, we had already done most of the paperwork.

The process was easy, especially since I was able to sign a lot of the paperwork on the internet. I didn’t have to take time off work or get off work early to run over to the office to sign anything. However, it took a total of three months since the time we started because more credit cards needed to be paid off to make my credit score higher and we had to redo my credit a couple of times. Things didn’t quite work out at the first check but my lending officer bent over backwards trying to make this work for me and that was a big deal for me. I was a stupid teenager at one point but I’ve been working on my credit and they gave me a chance. Now, I’m a homeowner at 26. I still haven’t received any kind of welcome packet though and I want to know where to make my payments, etc. I tried to look it up on the internet and I couldn’t find anything.

Hello Crystal,

appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

We were refinancing our house and decided it would be better to get a better rate. Refinancing was quite a bit different, so it was great. Our mortgage broker works for Homebridge and she was the same person we got the original loan with. We liked working with her and got the 30-year fixed loan. The application process was fairly easy and took about a month. Our loan officer was able to give us a good deal and that was the best and most important thing. However, the most unsettling thing that I didn’t like was the fact that they immediately sold the loan. I was told that they converged with the thing that was not in the market to sell loans, and they immediately sold ours. I wasn’t really thrilled with the company they sold it to as I had bad experiences with that second company, but I was told there’s nothing I can do.

Hi Stewart,

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

We bought a house and were referred to Homebridge Financial. The application process was straightforward and very easy. We were very happy with our loan officer and with our experience with Homebridge. They were professional and courteous. We have already recommended them to all those prospective purchasers.

Hello Ira,

appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I heard about Homebridge’s loan officer, Wendy, through my girlfriend’s coworker. I wanted to do a rehab loan and Homebridge was good at it so I chose them over others. The application process was very easy and everything was done online. It took two months to finish, but I already had all the information filled out prior to contacting them. I put in an offer in another house then, I found this one. So, it would’ve been longer if I started from scratch. Wendy was very good, always answered all my questions or did the best that she could, and got back to me in a very timely manner. Everyone was also very helpful. My loan, in particular, was a relatively difficult one. It was for a foreclosed house so it wasn’t exactly the easiest thing in the world to do. I had a very pleasant time and I would recommend Homebridge to someone.

Hello Kyle,

appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I wanted to refinance my house, lower my mortgage and take some money out. The guy at Bank of America referred me to Homebridge Financial Services because he used to work with a guy over there. I signed up and their application process was easy. It took five weeks to complete which is the standard amount of time in the mortgage business. My loan officer, Ivan, was a great guy to work with and I had access to all of my information. I enjoyed working with Homebridge and I would do it again with them. I've also recommended them to a couple of people.

Hello Edward,

appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

There was a lawsuit filed against the condo I was buying which really was a placeholder for repairs. However, several other banks I looked at would not give me a mortgage because of it or would give it to me at a really higher rate. My realtor recommended Homebridge and Homebridge was able to work something out and got me on a 30-year fixed mortgage program. I dealt with two people and their response time was good. They were relatively clear on what needed to be done. They immediately asked for documents required in order to have the closing date happen in a scheduled time. The application process was quite easy and took four weeks. There were asking of some documents which were excessive but it wasn’t anything different since I’ve applied for mortgages before. Homebridge approved my loan and I am now the owner of a new place. Homebridge got me a reasonable mortgage.

Hi Michael

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I dealt with Homebridge previously as Prospect Mortgage and I had a good prior experience with Prospect. I had a refinance with Homebridge and the application was somewhat difficult because my circumstances were a little complicated. But they were good. The whole process took a couple of months and the loan officers, Brian and Steve were great. Homebridge was very accommodating to my specific needs and I would definitely recommend them to my friends.

Hello Stephen,

appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I've known my loan officer guy, Greg, for a while and he’s helped me with a couple of home loans. I heard about Homebridge Financial from him and I chose them because of him. The process was very easy and everything went smoothly. Greg’s always helpful, makes me feel like I’m really involved and lets me know when I need to check out or update something. It felt like a friend was helping me out. Their loan process was quick but it took us months to finish because my father passed away in the middle of it. So I couldn’t get to it and we had a pause, but everybody was patient with me during that time. I also like how I was able to upload information on their website and get the information to everybody that needed it. That was very helpful for me because I didn't have to run into the office constantly and bring pieces of paper. So, it was very user-friendly and done well. I had a great experience with Homebridge.

Hello Jacqueline,

appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

For my third home loan, I got a conventional seven-year ARM from Homebridge. The application process was easy and my agent was Jim. He did a good job, was smart and knew what I needed. He also knew when was a good time to lock the rate. But he was not quick to respond sometimes and every time I asked something, he was busy. It was not a big problem, though, since I was not in a hurry. Also, he could really solve the problem for me. All in all, everything is what I expected. I tried to tell my friend about Homebridge and referred one to Jim too.

Hi Siyi,

Homebridge Financial Services Company Information

HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc.
194 Wood Avenue South, Ninth Floor